Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Transcripts for "Baiting the Tiger"

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Game Transcripts for "Baiting the Tiger" Reply with quote

[18:03] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:03] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:03] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Baiting the Tiger in Session'
[18:03] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:03] <Tychon> ::attn::
[18:03] * Gabriel has joined #bt05
[18:03] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
[18:03] <Joanna> ::drinks a pina-colada...err, attn::
[18:03] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:04] <Savant> hello and good evening to you all; i hope that you had a nice vacation. I know I did.
[18:04] <Thierry> :Attn::
[18:04] * Birkin has joined #BT05
[18:04] * Mem has joined #bt05
[18:04] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Mem
[18:04] <Savant> Now, before you get in on me about it, cause I know you will, I know there's no teaser regarding the Battle of Westphalia. Something about being up until two writing a GvE log. Blame Ross for making the damn game ^_-
[18:04] * Tychon sets mode: +o Birkin
[18:05] * Thierry had colin writing earlier in the night
[18:05] <Savant> it'll get done, hopefully tomorrow, if not definately over the weekend. You'll know the generalities in your briefing, and the specifics will come later
[18:05] <Joanna> ::shakes fist at Ross::
[18:05] <Gabriel> ::closes up GvE so Savant has more time for BT05::
[18:05] <Savant> all tha being said, i'l brief you.
[18:05] <Savant> Baiting the Tiger
[18:05] <Savant> 41 Winter TN, 1030h - Mid-Morning
[18:05] <Savant> Black Talon Base, Pacifica Range
[18:05] <Savant> -5 degrees Celcius, 2% humidity
[18:05] <Savant> A week has passed since the (largely successful) Battle for the Westphalia. The landship, and the Cabinet ministers thereon, were not captured by the CEF task force designed to cripple the Black Talons. This being said, the battle was also woefully damaging to the fleet tasked to protect Westphalia and the Talons, and it will take seasons before all are fully repaired.
[18:05] <Savant> Terra Nova as a whole did not fare as well. Captured CEF soldiers describe the mission as "Operation Icarus" and paint a depressing picture. The entire mission was a raid designed to cripple Terranovan space industry and capacity, and it was successful. While the Leagues still maintain sizeable fleets, their industrial capacity to maintain them has been nearly demolished.
[18:05] <Savant> Now that a combined Polar and PaxSec task force is tailing the fleeing CEF fleet home, the Talons are left to quickly recover and take advantage of the chaos left in the wake of the attack to revisit the Earthers as much damage as possible...
[18:05] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:06] <Gabriel> ack
[18:06] <Savant> and i'm ready for questions.
[18:06] <Birkin> ack
[18:06] <Joanna> ack
[18:06] <Tychon> ack
[18:06] <Tychon> ::raises::
[18:06] <Mem> ack
[18:06] <Savant> Tychon
[18:06] <Thierry> ack
[18:06] <Tychon> Where the hell have I been? Smile
[18:06] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:07] <Thierry> ::Raises::
[18:07] <Savant> ah, yes. Tychon fell ill. There was a very big and very real concern that he had contracted the same disease that killed 95% of the upper class of the Alliance, so he was rightly sequestered and made better.
[18:07] <Craig> ack
[18:07] <Gabriel> Theban Blight FTL!
[18:08] * Savant grins
[18:08] <Savant> thou hast been Blighted.
[18:08] <Savant> Gabriel
[18:08] <Tychon> I'll have to get more info on that from you later so I can write a log or something.
[18:08] <Gabriel> You mentioned something about some time for extended training and the like. Does that take place after tonight's sim?
[18:08] <Savant> sure thing
[18:08] <Savant> yes, it does
[18:08] <Gabriel> ::nods::
[18:08] <Savant> Thierry
[18:09] <Thierry> Can I have a few minutes after the game to discuss some things with both you and ross in regards to that thing I brought up over the weekend. I have an idea on that front
[18:09] <Savant> sounds reasonable enough.
[18:09] <Thierry> I just needs Ross' input on it too
[18:09] <Savant> anything further?
[18:10] <Thierry> nada
[18:10] <Savant> very good. IT's 10.30 in the morning, and you've been gathered to a briefing with Gotah
[18:10] <Joanna> Nein, herr Kommandant!
[18:10] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:11] <Craig> ::sits in the briefing room waiting for the others::
[18:11] <Joanna> ::arrives with a cup of sports drink... she looks a bit tired::
[18:11] <Savant> The base has been busy - no, that's too small a word for it. Frantic is better. With the departure of the CEF fleet and the subsequent scramble to make up for lost ground, the Talons are almost in a panic. Were they not so skilled (certainly hasn't much to do with discipline) the Talons would be a wreck
[18:11] <Gabriel> ::enters the briefing room and has a seat, setting down a cawfee mug and a PDA set as a voice recorder::
[18:12] <Tychon> ::tugs on his clothing, adjusting the way it's sitting, once more before stepping into the briefing room and looking around, eyes soaking in everyone present -- faces he knew only briefly before falling ill; after a moment, he takes a seat::
[18:12] <Thierry> ::Plops down in a chair twiddling a stylus and staring at a datapad::
[18:12] <Joanna> ::happily takes a seat, rubbing a sore shoulder from last night::
[18:12] <Mem> ::arrives at the briefing room, heading inside, giving a brief smirk to the room, then taking a seat in the front::
[18:13] <Savant> Gotah isn't here yet - likely he's off getting his cawfee and his morning smoke - but the briefing room is ready. Each chair has a folder with several papers ainside, and beneath that a small booklet hastily printed
[18:14] <Birkin> ::tilts his head slightly at the folder and the small booklet, not saying anything but opening up the folder and taking a peek inside anyways::
[18:14] <Joanna> ::leans back in the chair slightly, eyes closed::
[18:15] <Thierry> ::Sips his tea and continues making sure the datapad says what he thinks it says::
[18:15] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Good morning, everyone. ::has a glance at the briefing materials himself::
[18:15] <Tychon> ::watches Birkin begin peeking and decides to follow suit, his curiosity outweighing any other considerations::
[18:16] <Tychon> ::looks up to Tynes for a moment, smiling mildly and nodding a greeting in return::
[18:16] <Thierry> ::Glances at the folder, positioning things so they'd be ready when they were mentioned:: Morning
[18:16] <Joanna> ::brings her head back up and opens her eyes::
[18:16] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> ::enters the room behind everyone, cup in one hand a a pda in the other. He raises a hand in greeting and makes a way to the seat at the table's head, but begins fussing with the pda instead of addressing the room::
[18:17] <Gabriel> ::confirms a suspicion to himself::
[18:18] <Thierry> ::Looks up, only having seen Gotah a couple times before::
[18:18] <Birkin> So. Not an invasion I hear hm? ::doesn't even look up from this inspection of the front page of the folders::
[18:18] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> ::clears his throat after a moment:: good morning everyone. I'll be with you in a second. Just have to finish writing this. ::scribbles on the pda::
[18:18] <Mem> ::glances at the reading material, but doesn't seem interested::
[18:18] <Tychon> ::watches the commandant, who is presently much more interesting to watch than the briefing material::
[18:19] <Joanna> ::picks up the papers and scans them briefly::
[18:19] <Gabriel> ::shakes his head:: Raid, against anything we had that could put something into orbit, or everything they knew about, anyway. With any luck, the Guard will authorize a few hundred launchings from Westphalia now, enough to replace the drones that should have been waiting in orbit.
[18:19] <Savant> The mission briefing laying in front of everyone has a cover sheet with a simple enough title "Operation Dragons' Teeth"
[18:20] <Craig> ::picks up the folder and opens to the first page::
[18:20] <Thierry> ::Glances at the coversheet and wonders where they came up with the name::
[18:21] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> ::finishes writing and sets down the stylus. He sits back and looks at the assembled group over his cawfee cup for a moment before he was collected enough to begin:: Good morning. There's a lot to talk about. I'll try to keep it quick.
[18:21] <Birkin> "Dragon's Teeth" eh?
[18:22] <Thierry> ::Leaned back and assumed an attentive posture, though he might not be going on this operation::
[18:23] <Gabriel> ::settles in to listen, making sure the PDA was active::
[18:23] <Tychon> ::leans forward slightly, clasping his hands together and resting his forearms on the table::
[18:23] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> ::nods:: That's right. It's a term they use down in the Mekong for a variety of tank trap. After the CEF raid, we're finding ourselves in a very poor position. We need to delay any immediate reaction fromt he cEF, and make the gates as unappealing as possible for a large-scale traversal.
[18:24] <Birkin> ::looked up from his new find, casually turning a page as he looked at Gotah then peering down at the new page::
[18:24] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> This is coing to involve the remaining strength of the Terranovan space services and shipyards on one side, and the work of the Talons on the other.
[18:25] <Thierry> :: Gets an intrigued look on his face. His first impression of what this meant didn't suggest anything having to do with them::
[18:25] <Craig> ::looking up:: delay huh? so we're gonna try to disable the CEF's gates?
[18:25] <Craig> <<er gate-ships i mean>>
[18:25] <Joanna> That's a tall order.
[18:25] <Tychon> ::blinks quickly, trying to digest the scope of this::
[18:25] <Gabriel> ::is content to just listen for the moment::
[18:26] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> We can't delay the gates, but we *can* disable their gate stations. It'll lengthen their logistical train considerably, and make it a lot more difficult for them to conduct anything more than their typical raids.
[18:26] * Disconnected
Session Close: Thu Jan 04 18:27:11 2007

Session Start: Thu Jan 04 18:28:46 2007
Session Ident: #BT05
[18:28] * Now talking in #BT05
[18:28] * Topic is '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Baiting the Tiger in Session'
[18:28] * Set by Savant on Thu Jan 04 18:03:36
[18:28] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Savant
[18:28] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:30] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> Six Talons will be conducting raids to destroy or disable the three major Gate waystations between Terranova and Caprice. We expect them to be prepared for a reprisal, so resistantce is going to be stiff.
[18:30] <Gabriel> ::takes a sip from his mug::
[18:31] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> The Paxton Space Service has volunteered to be our "punch". They'll raid in through the gate and make a hole in their defences. We go into the stations, take what information and materials we can, and destroy them upon escape, then lose ourselves int he Blessed asteroid belt.
[18:31] <Thierry> ::Sips his tea and ponders::
[18:31] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> You'll find the details of the operation in the briefing booklets in front of you.
[18:31] <Melissa> ::sits cross-legged, listening intently::
[18:31] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> Any questions?
[18:32] <Joanna> ::flips through the booklet, looking to see any info on "What do do when you strand yourselves on the CEF side of the gate"::
[18:32] <Mem> ::raises his hand::
[18:32] <Joanna> <<do YOU do, grr.>>
[18:32] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> ::points at Mem::
[18:32] <Melissa> ::shakes her head as she picks up the booklet::
[18:32] <Tychon> ::frowns slightly, a but a hundred questions flashing through his mind -- none of them stand out, though::
[18:33] <Mem> So you're saying, sir, that this isn't truly a retaliatory mission, this is just to buy us time before they attack again.
[18:33] <Craig> ::flips through the pages, finding maps and locations and the basic gist of the operation::
[18:33] <Savant> Joanna finds the information she's seeking to be disappointingly absent from the booklet. It's assumed that you are Talons and are wanting to strand yourself.
[18:33] <Joanna> So it's a one way ticket, really...
[18:34] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> This isn't a raid on their shipyards, if that's what you mean, Lieutenant. We haven't the resources to do what they did to us back at them. Once we're in the system, however, I do plan on making a target of the Monolith shipyards.
[18:34] <Birkin> ::looks over at Joanna then back to Gotah::
[18:34] <Thierry> ::Has very little idea what on Terranova they're talking about::
[18:35] <Mem> ::nods, conceding his question::
[18:35] <Gabriel> Commandant, it's a damn good bet that they didn't use one of their main gate stations to launch this raid. The raid didn't come in from any of the known Gate entries, certainly. What's to stop them pulling the same stunt again?
[18:36] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> ::nods at Mem and then answers Birkin and Joanna:: That's right. Once we're across we're going to make our way to Indra and get our hooks into the ice mining operations there, and then continue to Caprice and do what we can about the CEF shipyards there.
[18:37] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> Honestly, Captain? We don't know how they did it. It must've taken cycles of planning to pull that arm of their raid off without a proper gate station, for a fleet of that size. We're going to have to play that one off-the-cuff, find out everything we can about how they did it, and then strike it as best we can. That's why I want to pull as much data as we can from the g
[18:37] <Savant> (from the gate stations we *do* know about)
[18:39] <Gabriel> ::nods:: You mentioned six Talons. Two per gate station?
[18:39] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> That's right, Captain.
[18:40] <Craig> ::closes the folder and rubs his forehead:: this is going to need some good timing on our part
[18:40] <Joanna> And guns. Lots of guns.
[18:41] <Thierry> ::Stays very quiet...very very quiet::
[18:41] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> Beyond these plans, once we've accomplished Dragon's Teeth, we're back to regular operations. I'd like for you to come up with a rough outline of the missions you'll be undertaking int he Loki system - what you'd like to hit and any other operations you're going to look into.
[18:41] <Melissa> ::frowns slightly, wondering how she's going to be using Bonaparte in all of this::
[18:41] <Birkin> If you're scared of guns I'm sure we can get someone to carry one for you ::grunts as the Earther makes probably one of the stupidest comments hes heard::
[18:42] <Gabriel> ::nods:: I have a few ideas about things I'd like to go after. Apparently, you're more or less in agreement with me, given some of the targets you've mentioned. ::smiles slightly:: Who's with us? 04?
[18:42] <Joanna> ::snort:: For us you vat-head.
[18:42] <Tychon> ::frowns, his head swimming with the mission parameters::
[18:43] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> ::grins a little:: No, 04 is going to be going with 06. I and 09 will be coming with you. We're trying to spread out our elite teams.
[18:43] <Mem> ::squirms, but stays silent, instead typing something into his notepad::
[18:44] <Melissa> ::flips through the booklet a couple more times then puts the booklet down, lost in thought::
[18:44] <Thierry> ::Starts scribbling too::
[18:45] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> I'll let you decide on your objectives as a team, but I'll also be coming in with some co-ordinated actions that will have all six teams working together on Caprice. It's time that we started conducting some serious trouble for the keff on that planet.
[18:46] <Birkin> ::clears his throat a little:: Are we going to link up with the Liberati again? visit that clan that Junkman went back to?
[18:47] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Very well, Commandant. How many Talons currently on Caprice? We're going to be stranding not only ourselves, but them too, at least until we determine what other Gate assets the CEF has in-system.
[18:47] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> It's likely. The an Saars have pretty much become our logistical train on-planet. They've bought into the Talons wholesale.
[18:48] <Tychon> ::watches the exchange between Tynes and Gotah, trying to ascertain...anything, really::
[18:48] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> Right now we've got four teams on the surface of Caprice, and two more teams operating in the belts and around Indra. They know that this is coming, or will in a day or two.
[18:49] <Gabriel> Twelve teams total. Doesn't seem fair. ::beat:: Perhaps we should give the CEF the opportunity to surrender.
[18:49] <Birkin> Or at least call for reinforcements. We should do the sporting thing after all
[18:49] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> ::sits back and grins:: You know Earthers. They don't know an unwinnable situation when it's right in front of them.
[18:50] <Joanna> ::coughs loudly::
[18:50] <Craig> ::chuckles::
[18:50] <Thierry> ::Thierry chuckled a bit at gabes comment::
[18:50] <Mem> Not only unwinnable, but the whole thing will come back to bite them in the ass.
[18:51] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> ::corrects himself:: Most Earthers. My apologies. ::Then he stands:: I left you with a present as well. The photos are captures from Talon 07, on Caprice. Top officials, admirals, and high ranking members of the CID and Caprice Corporate board.
[18:51] <Gabriel> Yes, they do require a bit of convincing, Prophet knows. So. What do you expect our launch date to be? At the minimum, we'll need two weeks to fit out load Pathfinder, and certainly a few days liberty would not be remiss.
[18:51] <Gabriel> ::glances again at the briefing book and nods::
[18:51] <Gabriel> <<*and load>>
[18:52] <Joanna> ::nods at Gotah in thanks::
[18:52] <Thierry> ::Starts leafing through the booklet even though there was a pressing matter to discuss::
[18:52] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> We're looking at three weeks on the surface and another week waiting in orbit. You'll all have a week's leave, staggered, over the first two and a half weeks.
[18:53] <Mem> ::looks up at mention of leave, but then looks back down at the pictures::
[18:54] <Tychon> ::frowns, flipping through the packet once more::
[18:54] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> Get back to me tomorrow morning with your leave shedule and some mission outlines for the Loki system, Captain. If that's all... i have another briefing to attend. ::grins::
[18:55] <Melissa> ::salutes the Commandant as he stands, but remains in her cross-legged position::
[18:55] <Gabriel> Aye aye, sir. ::salutes::
[18:55] <Savant> ::salutes in the Republican fashion and nods:: If there are questions, my door's open.
[18:56] <Joanna> ::to absorbed in the booklet to salute::
[18:56] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> I leave them to you, Captain. ::departs::
[18:57] <Birkin> ::returns the salute to the Commandant before he turns his attention back to the booklet and then to the pictures beyond::
[18:58] <Thierry> ::Gives a half hearted salute and then settles back into his reading
[18:58] <Gabriel> ::turns to the others:: For our missions, I've specified that this team will be zero-G trained and capable prior to our insertion to Caprice. I've read most of the mission briefings from this team's cycle there. While a nuisance, and while establishing supply posts was valuable, too little in my view was done to actually hurt the CEF war machine.
[18:58] <Mem> ::taps on a photo:: Privyet, comrade. ::grins menacingly at the photo, then closes the book::
[18:58] <Melissa> ::glances at the pictures and then pulls out an electronic sketch pad and starts drawing anime-esque versions of said individuals::
[18:59] <Tychon> ::looks from the packet to Tynes::
[18:59] <Gabriel> Therefore, that's what we're going after. ::turns to Birkin and Mem:: Lieutenant, Sergent, you'll be working with Senior Ranger Zucco to ensure nuclear ordinance is available to Pathfinder for our trip. I will hold the #1 key. Lieutenant, you will hold the #2 key.
[19:00] <Mem> ::grins:: Don't trust me with both, cap? ::then nods at the order::
[19:00] <Gabriel> I want 24 warheads in MIRV configuration in adjustable 15 to 75 megaton ranges. We'll be deploying them against space-borne targets, starting with the gate station once we're done with it.
[19:00] <Gabriel> The gloves come off.
[19:00] <Birkin> ::blinks slightly:: ... Nukes sir?
[19:01] <Melissa> ::pauses in her sketching and raises a hand, looking at Gabriel::
[19:01] <Mem> ::reaches over and pats Birkin on the shoulder:: It's dragon's teeth, not armpit. W'ere gonna fuck them up.
[19:02] <Craig> ::smirks:: nukes will have to do, though if we had antimatter bombs it certainly would be poetic justice
[19:02] <Thierry> ::Blinks at Tynes' blatent aggressiveness, but then goes back to reading::
[19:02] <Tychon> ::blinks at the rather staggering level of firepower being discussed...he was used to Gear-rated weaponry, not strategic nuclear weapons::
[19:02] <Gabriel> Indeed. ::turns to Craig:: Senior Sergeant, you will work with Lieutenant Gage on our fit-up and load-out, emphasizing reloads and consumables that might be needed for delivery to the Caprice-based teams. We'll be docking a pair of Whipsnake fighters to Pathfinder with which to drop the loads, so pack plenty of parachutes and retro rocket packages.
[19:02] <Birkin> ::brushes Mem's hands off:: I'd say we anti-matter them if we could. He said that I I have to look out for the nukes. I need to go study as Oppenheimer's Legacy is still a bit beyond me.
[19:02] <Gabriel> <<Senior Ranger, even>>
[19:03] <Craig> ::turns to gabriel and nods:: aye sir
[19:03] <Savant> Sounds of another briefing can be heard from down the hall - Gotah is giving Talon 04 the same briefing that Talon 05 just received. The noise of the base is increasing as support teams are given new assignments to prepare for the undertaking
[19:04] <Gabriel> ::turns to Joanna:: Corporal Farrell, with Sergent Birkin busy with the nukes, that will put you and Senior Sergeant Ardelmos in charge of our weapon stores. I also want you to assist Dekarch Childs with Bonaparte and any spare parts she might need, including her drones.
[19:05] <Joanna> ::looks up from the briefing data:: Rog.
[19:05] <Gabriel> Dekarch Childs, I suggest you train in space-borne drone piloting and gunnery. I suspect we're going to be keeping you quite busy in those regards.
[19:05] <Melissa> Understood sir
[19:05] <Birkin> Hmm. Juno will probably be the best source of information on learning the physics behind it. I'll have to stop the commandant and arrange for some classes on the side...
[19:05] <Gabriel> Private Trembley, see to our medical needs, including at least two full field hospitals. That area has been neglected up to this point, and medical facilities on Caprice are limited.
[19:06] <Thierry> I'll make the arrangements sir, but there's something else we must discuss, privately when possible
[19:07] <Mem> ::takes a few notes about who's resonsible for what, anxious to start carrying out a streak of revenge::
[19:07] <Gabriel> Very well. Caproal Tychon, you have the most to learn, particularly in the area of zero-G training. I suggest you book some time in the Karaq Wastes space training facility as soon as possible.
[19:07] <Melissa> Sir? What is the possibility of setting up a drone or two with low-yield nuclear devices for destroying strong points?
[19:07] <Craig> ::nods to gabriel's comment about medical facilities:: yeah i'd prefer not going into gommorah for another medical raid
[19:07] <Tychon> ::nods:: Aye sir.
[19:08] <Gabriel> ::turns to Melissa:: Very high, Dekarch. I've already put in requisitions for a couple of dozen space-borne drones of various types from Westphalia. We'll see what they're able to deliver.
[19:08] <Melissa> ::nods again:: Right, good. Thank you, sir
[19:09] <Gabriel> ::turns to the group:: Now the bad news. You got used to a rather high standard of living on Caprice, for those of you who went. This time, we're not going to be fighting quite so heavy. Between the Whipsnakes and their docking collars, the supplies we'll be dropping to the planet, the nukes, and Dekarch Childs's tank, we're going to be travelling rather light in the areas of spare weapons, ammunition, and specialty items.
[19:09] * dakabn has joined #bt05
[19:09] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[19:09] <Savant> There are sounds of hooting and cheering from down the hall Talon 04 seems enthusiastic about the mission they've been given
[19:10] <Tychon> ::frowns at the 'bad news'::
[19:10] <Thierry> Just tell me how much space I got
[19:11] <Birkin> ::wonders if how limited his still producing abilities are going to be::
[19:11] <Joanna> ::finishes with the information, glances towards the hall:: They're far too happy about this.
[19:12] <Gabriel> I suspect we're going to have to spend a lot more time using captured weapons and supplies. To that end, Sergent Birkin, I've ordered a crate of rapid-fire bazookas. I've noticed that the bore breach for loading them is nearly the same as some of the grenades we captured from the type 55 frames we encountered.
[19:12] <Melissa> ::stops doodling and pulls out another datapad and starts going through the list of parts and such required to keep Bonaparte running::
[19:12] <Mem> Gomorrah is easy. I've got a head start with their information networks, and I have a feeling a bit more time spent with the systems, and I will be able to hack myself a key to the city.
[19:12] <Gabriel> I'd like you to attempt to modify one of our RFBs to fire those grenades. The punch, if my math is accurate, should be equal to what Erinyes's heavy bazooka is capable of, in a much smaller package, and with reloads we can capture on site.
[19:13] <Gabriel> If you're successful, build two to three such weapons, then build four to five that we can use as auxillary grenade launchers on our Gear rifles.
[19:14] <Birkin> ::pauses for a moment and then nods once:: Yeah. I like that idea ::grins:: I'll get right on that sir.
[19:14] <Joanna> ::looks at Melissa:: So.
[19:14] <Gabriel> I'd also like everyone to take some time to learn and test fire some of the Hakkar laser cannons we captured.
[19:14] <Thierry> ::Starts trying to mentally assemble what he'd need to order for the hospitals though his mind was preoccupied::
[19:14] <Gabriel> If we run out of ammunition, we'll likely have to swap out for some of those.
[19:15] <Gabriel> That's it. Questions?
[19:16] <Tychon> ::glances down at the packet again, gathering it back together and putting it back in its original container for later study::
[19:16] <Melissa> ::glances up at Joanna and purses her lips:: If Bonaparte carries four small drones and I put spare partes in the turret section...strapped in of course, I might be able to squeeze in a few extras.
[19:16] <Craig> ::shakes head::no questions here sir
[19:17] <Gabriel> ::smiles slightly:: Count on Bonaparte being full of supplies for our outbound trip, Dekarch.
[19:17] <Joanna> Hmm. Not a bad idea, but you won't be able to fit anything too big in there...
[19:17] <Melissa> ::nods:: Aye
[19:17] <Gabriel> You'll be riding behind me in Whipsnake One for much of the first few missions, I suspect.
[19:17] <Savant> Tech> ::A Tech stops at the briefing room door with a clipboard in hand::
[19:17] <Melissa> Roger that, sir
[19:18] <Mem> ::looks at the door:: Specialist?
[19:19] <Savant> Tech> Sir. I have a crate of space refit packages here for you, Gotah's requisition. Where do you want'em?
[19:20] <Mem> ::stacks his materials up in front of him as Tynes begins to wrap up the meeting:: Craig will show you to our vehicle bay.
[19:20] <Savant> Tech> ::nods and looks at Craig::
[19:21] <Joanna> Probably fit a mix of electronic bits in there though. Just nothing too critical, lest they get blown up.
[19:21] <Gabriel> ::nods:: That's all, everyone. Get busy. Dismissed.
[19:22] <Mem> ::nods and stands, waiting for Tynes after a few have left::
[19:22] <Mem> A brief word, sir.
[19:22] <Craig> ::stands and nods to gabriel before turning to the tech:: follow me
[19:22] <Savant> Tech> ::nods and follows after Craig:: Sure.
[19:22] <Tychon> ::raises, gathering the papers under his arm and moving to the door, intent on making his ordered appointment::
[19:23] <Melissa> ::grabs her stuff and leaves the room, heading for the vehicle bay::
[19:23] <Joanna> ::wry chuckle:: Though I suppose if we really must, we can strap things on just about anywhere.
[19:23] <Thierry> ::Jots down his requested training time, he needed some time in the space simulators too::
[19:23] <Joanna> ::picks up her stuff and seeing Roland busy, follows Melissa::
[19:24] <Savant> Craig, Joanna, and Melissa head off with the tech towards the vehicle bay, while everyone else stands up and begins to break into smaller groups.
[19:24] <Melissa> ::mutters to herself:: Space sims...equipment lists...hmm
[19:25] <Savant> Tech> ::comments:: so you're leavin too, then, I take it.
[19:25] <Joanna> Wish it were "leave" and not "leavin'".
[19:26] <Joanna> I've been banged about enough for a cycle. :Very Happy:
[19:26] <Thierry> ::Heads off to the medical warehouses to see whats available::
[19:26] <Mem> ::waits for Tynes to come up from his materials::
[19:27] <Melissa> ::stops and turns to Joanna:: You know what? This will be the first time I will actually be off planet...my first time in real space, not a simulator ::breaks into a big grin:: This is going to be so awesome!
[19:27] <Craig> ::walks down the hallway to the vehicle bay, nodding to the tech:: yeah we're gonna go tell those earthers what we thought of their visit
[19:27] <Savant> The vehicle bay is large, broad, and at the moment, full. Gears are walking about and warming up, several are being refitted with bigger thrusters for space operations. People are all over the place, preparing for the biggest Talon mission to date.
[19:28] <Gabriel> ::turns to Mem:: Yes, Lieutenant?
[19:29] <Joanna> ::manages a smile:: Trust me, you get over it. Especially once they start shooting at you in space, so I hear.
[19:29] <Mem> Sir, when the time comes for planning future operations... well, I think we should take the fight to them. Just once. They destroyed Lyonesse. ::pauses::
[19:29] <Mem> And I want a city of theirs.
[19:30] <Melissa> ::walks up to Bonaparte and runs a hand along the cannon:: Time to get you ready for space
[19:30] <Savant> Tech> ::dashes off to get a large crate, hauling it over the the BT05 prep area::
[19:31] <Joanna> ::grins:: You sure we can't swap that for a captured hovertank?
[19:31] <Savant> Meanwhile, Theirry finds the medical bay relatively quiet. There are boxes sitting about on the floor and a few orderlies with notepads, inventorying, but otherwise it's quiet.
[19:31] <Gabriel> ::nods slow understanding with Mem's need for vengeance:: It will be some time before we get to that point, Lieutenant. Still, I assure you that cutting one or more of their gate stations out from underneath them will hurt them greatly. And I intend to smuggle at least some of those weapons into Monolith Shipyards. Somehow.
[19:32] <Melissa> ::frowns at Joanna:: A hovertank? No, no. From all records, they do not move so good on Caprice. Bonaparte, his treads are better suited. Though...fitting him with a hover system...
[19:32] <Melissa> ::begins to punch in numbers on her datapad::
[19:32] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: Something to consider. They work okay on Caprice, but they see you coming easily. Not so good for ambushes.
[19:33] <Melissa> Hmm...I would have to replace the two turbines with actual jet engines...something I have been wanting to do...they would give the required thrust to weight ratio to provide lift
[19:33] <Savant> Tech> ::Cracks opent he crate and begins taking out compact, rugged thruster assemblies coated int he same RAM coating as the Gears themselves. Long, sturdy spars come out next, which look to be bolted onto the Gear's V-engine::
[19:34] <Mem> ::nods firmly, not his typical casual demeanor--whatever he was thinking about doing, he was as serious as he'd ever been:: I want to send them the message, personally, that there is a severe price to pay for attacking us like they did. Maybe when I'm old and grey, but I want to see it happen. Shipyards will be fine to start.
[19:34] <Craig> ::looks into the crates:: ahh gear thruster kits?
[19:34] <Mem> ::pats the book in his hand:: And the masterminds.
[19:34] <Melissa> If I add a couple of delta wings to the side...the gravity of Caprice is not so high...Could possibly achieve a low altitude flight ::grins::
[19:34] <Joanna> ::looks at what the tech is uncrating:: Ugh. And I was up late last night helping patch up stuff.
[19:35] <Thierry> ::Starts looking over the inventories and noting what he'll need. It had been a long time since he had to equip a wartime field hospital::
[19:35] <Savant> Tech> ::nods as he unpacks the parts:: Yeah. It's all external, though, so you're gonna have to be careful.
[19:35] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:35] <Gabriel> For this first assault, Lieutenant, I'll be pleased just to delay their next return to Terranovan space by another 15 cycles.
[19:35] <Savant> Nurse> ::looks over at Thierry:: need a hand?
[19:36] <Craig> ::nods::
[19:36] <Joanna> So, do not drop, in big letters then.
[19:37] <Savant> Tech> ::grins:: More along the lines of "do not expose to explosions".
[19:37] <Thierry> ::Strokes his chin:: How to get as much of this to caprice in as little space as possible
[19:38] <Melissa> ::looks around and finds another tech:: Excuse me...I need some paint and a sprayer. Where can I find one?
[19:38] <Mem> ::nods, clearly many things were zipping through his head:: Understood. I'll go order those nukes then, sir.
[19:38] <Craig> ::adds:: or enemy fire, sounds like they wouldn't last long in a heavy firefight
[19:38] <Tychon> ::leans easily against the wall outside the briefing room, waiting for Mem to emerge::
[19:38] <Savant> Nurse> ::points at one of the boxes:: we're trying to set up some nice field kits for your teams, doctor. There's enough doses in one of these to keep every member of your team fighting two times over. It's all trauma kit and stims though, you realize.
[19:38] <Gabriel> Thank you, Lieutenant.
[19:39] <Mem> ::turns and leaves the briefing room, doing a double-take at Tychon:: Hey.
[19:39] <Joanna> ::grins, reaches into her pocket, and pulls out her mini-spray can, then hands it to Melissa::
[19:39] <Joanna> Here. Borrow mine..
[19:39] <Tychon> ::smiles:: Hello, sir. Moment of your time?
[19:39] <Mem> ::to Tychon as he starts walking towards the bay:: Heard you caught the flu or something.
[19:39] <Savant> Tech> Yeah. When the Commandant ordered them, he mentioned something about not wanting to be caught like a lame springer in front of a freight train again.
[19:40] <Tychon> ::nods:: Something like that. Wasn't fun. ::walks along with Mem:: They say I'll be okay now, though.
[19:40] <Mem> ::nods:: But yeah, what's up?
[19:40] <Melissa> ::claps her hands together:: Thank you ::grabs some paint and then hops up onto Bonaparte and gets to work::
[19:40] <Gabriel> ::collects his things and leaves the briefing room::
[19:40] <Tychon> ::gestures back towards the briefing room:: I'm supposed to schedule some time for zero-G training.
[19:41] <Joanna> ::laughs:: PRobably the first person I've ever met who HASN'T looked at me strangely when I pulled that out of my pocket.
[19:42] <Joanna> ::looks at the tech:: From what I've read, that wouldn't surprise me.
[19:42] <Melissa> ::over her shoulder:: An artist should always have one on them ::frowns slightly:: I am going to have to fix that problem
[19:42] <Mem> ::smirks at Tychon:: It's nothing like the real thing. What do you need from me?
[19:42] <Savant> The tech gets a friend and the two fo them lay out the space support kits, one in front of each Gear. Tehy then begin the arduous conversion procedure to let the Gears accept the bolt-on thrusters
[19:42] <Joanna> ::to Melissa:: Keep it. I've got five more stashed around.
[19:42] <Melissa> ::grins:: Thanks!
[19:42] <Tychon> ::frowns slightly:: Well, sir, I was under the impression that you handled the scheduling of something like that. Was I mistaken?
[19:42] <Craig> ::leans to joanna:: thats not so bad actually, i hear roland keeps a potted plant in his gear
[19:43] <Thierry> ::Nods to the Nurse:: Excellent, excellent. Wish I had those back in Toledo.
[19:43] <Thierry> Cap'n wants enough stuff to equip two hospitals on Caprice
[19:43] <Mem> ::stops at an intersection in the corridors:: Do I? Huh, guess I do.
[19:43] <Savant> Nurse> ::smiles an apologetic smile:: Only so many to go around. We barely have enough as it is. Anything else you'll be needing to take with you?
[19:44] <Savant> Nurse> Two hospitals? Hm. I don't know if we have quite *that* much.
[19:44] <Mem> Schedules will be up soon, with leave and training times. I'm afraid I don't have anything worked out right now.
[19:44] <Gabriel> ::enters the vehicle bay and starts looking around, watching the work for now::
[19:44] <Tychon> ::nods:: That's fine, sir. Just wanted to get the ball rolling. ::smiles::
[19:45] <Mem> Yeah. I'll get those posted uhh... soon. ::awkward grin, adjusting the pile of folders, pads, and books under his left arm:: Anything else?
[19:46] <Joanna> ::looks at Craig:: I'm sure he does.
[19:46] <Savant> Gabriel finds the vehicle bay busy - and increasingly so. All of the Gears that are going on the Operation are getting refits
[19:46] <Tychon> ::shakes head:: No, sir. Thank you, sir. I think I have a lot of catch-up reading to do.
[19:46] <Melissa> ::finishing, she leaned back and looked at the drawing...a strange looking character in ancient roman style armor. Above him, written was "Where is my Earth-shattering ka-boom?"::
[19:46] <Thierry> ::Nods:: I figured as much, Tynes does seem overally ambitious at times
[19:47] <Savant> Nurse> ::smiles a bit:: I couldn't believe he was doing paperwork the same day he regained consciousness.
[19:47] <Melissa> ::smirking, she crawled up onto the turret and straddled the cannon, leaning over carefully and began writing something along the barrel::
[19:47] <Thierry> Well, enough for a couple field units would be a start
[19:47] <Mem> Yep. Me, too. Anyway, carry on. ::nods and heads down the corridor::
[19:48] <Tychon> ::nods back, heading himself towards the vehicle bay -- somewhat inclined to be around the machines::
[19:48] <Savant> Nurse> I'll get you a pair of surgical units and enough supplies to keep them running for ten oeprations each. Does that sound like it will be enough?
[19:49] <Joanna> ::looking at Melissa:: You know, between training and what supplies you need, I don't recall our CO mentioning "graffitti"...
[19:49] <Savant> Juno Tyrelle> ::Bursts out of a door, down the hall, past Mem and Tychon, past Gabriel, and into the bay, all the while shouting:: You keep your hands off my baby 'til i'm there!
[19:49] <Melissa> ::pauses and looks over at Joanna:: Not graffitti...stylistic enhancement to an otherwise drab black background ::grins::
[19:50] <Gabriel> ::glances at Caporal Tychon, nearby:: Good morning, Caporal. ::steps clear as the comet goes past:: Welcome back.
[19:50] <Mem> ::looks up as the woman flies by him:: Morning, Sunshine.
[19:50] <Tychon> ::watches the whirling dervish of Juno blast past, grinning, then looks back to his CO:: Thank you, sir. Glad to be back. A little overwhelmed, though.
[19:51] <Savant> Juno Tyrelle> ::waves back at Mem and shouts a "morning!" as she blitzes past. She also has the common sense to mutter a "'scuse me sir" as she hops past Gabriel::
[19:51] <Melissa> ::finishes her writing and sits back to look at the text: "Earth-Shattering KA-BOOM Delivery System V2.0":: There
[19:51] <Joanna> ::wry chuckle:: Very nice. Now can we get started on figuring out what supplies you'll need?
[19:51] <Thierry> ::Nods:: That'll be a start. I'm rather new at this mind you ::grins::
[19:52] <Mem> ::heads into his office and dumps a few pounds of mission reading and electronics onto the desk::
[19:52] <Savant> Nurse> oh? I thought you'd been a doctor for awhile now. I can't recall your bio very well though i'm afraid.
[19:53] <Melissa> ::slides off the cannon and lands on the chasis with a soft thump:: Hmm...treads....will need spare treads for sure.
[19:53] <Thierry> Oh, the doctor bit, yeah I've done that for awhile. Just never had much to do with the logisitcs end of the equation. I'm used to being handed a calpel and going to work
[19:53] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Your timing is excellent. ::pauses:: Well, in some ways, anyway.
[19:53] <Gabriel> Do you have any family, Caporal?
[19:54] <Tychon> ::nods:: My parents, sir.
[19:54] <Savant> Nurse> ::grins:: The logistics end of it is almost all I do. Almost no one gets hurt around here, and if they do the achines do everything. I barely have to lift a finger.
[19:55] <Craig> ::helps the tech unpack the rest of the crates, being carefull with the thruster assemblies::
[19:55] <Melissa> Extra charging capacitors for the drones and the laser cannon...extra lens arrays for said laser cannon...umm...ummm...tools for the vehicle bay...drones...drones, and more drones?
[19:55] <Mem> ::sits at the desk and turns to the wall, pulling up a commlink::
[19:55] <Thierry> ::Grins:: In Toledo, especially during the war, we all had to get our hands dirty.
[19:55] <Joanna> Right. Treads, spare. What else tends to break down on the gutter-rippers?
[19:56] <Gabriel> ::nods:: A rotation to Caprice can be upwards of two seasons to a full cycle or more, and this rotation promises to be longer than most.
[19:56] <Savant> Tech> Thanks for the help, mate. ::assists Craig in taking out a six foot long strut from the packaging. It's wrapped in plastic which bears the peace-logo of Paxton Arms::
[19:56] <Melissa> Gutter-ripper? ::frowns:: Bonaparte is not a gutter-ripper...or is he? No, no. He is a right and proper tank...just needs bigger engines and wings...::shakes her head and grins::
[19:56] <Mem> +com+ Heavy weapons quartermaster, please.
[19:57] <Melissa> Anyway...the engines...will likely need spare turbine fans
[19:57] <Savant> Nurse> ::nods:: I worked at a field clinic during the Interpolar war, down in Basal. Big difference between there and here.
[19:57] <Tychon> ::nods:: Yes, sir. ::looks very young, moreso than normal, right now:: My parents knew the dangers involved in the life I would be getting into. And so did I. ::swallows:: They'll understand.
[19:57] <Savant> After a quick discussion with the operator, Mem is talking to the arms quartermaster.
[19:57] <Joanna> ::chuckle:: Sorry. Slang us 'floaters' had for tracked tanks. In the desert, they dig trenches in loose soil... kinda like gutters on the side of a road.
[19:58] <Mem> +com+ Morning. How long's the line for nukes these days?
[19:58] <Savant> QM> +com+ What can I help you with, Sir?
[19:58] <Thierry> Anyway, I'll trust your judgement on this one. I'll ask the captain if he wants anything else.
[19:58] <Craig> ::nods:: no problem
[19:58] <Melissa> Ah...well, they do not know how to drive properly on loose soil if they dig trenches
[19:59] <Savant> QM> +com+ About as long as the line up to get through the Gate upstairs right now, Sir. Still, we've been given instructions to give priority to the Talons going out-of-system.
[20:00] <Joanna> Hmm. Capacitors... we might have to make do with getting some off the enemy. Tools shouldn't be a problem. ::looks up:: And sometimes you get into the sand no matter how good you are.
[20:00] <Savant> Nurse> Okay. I'll put a package together for you and deliver it to your staging area.
[20:00] <Melissa> Electronics! Spare systems might be necessary...ammo...spare machine guns...just in case.
[20:00] <Gabriel> ::smiles slightly:: I'm sure they will, Caporal. Particularly given what their son is going to be doing while he's gone.
[20:00] <Melissa> Ah, that is why vectored thrust is the way to go with tanks ::grins::
[20:01] <Tychon> ::smiles back:: Yes, sir.
[20:01] <Gabriel> Plan to write letters, and we'll see what we can do to get them back here despite what I hope will be three destroyed gate stations.
[20:01] <Savant> Craig and the two techs have the crates unloaded in short order, and one of the techs hands him a set of instructions on paper
[20:01] <Melissa> Unfortunately...need jets for that and not enough time to make the thrust ports on Bonaparte without doing a chasis impact analysis
[20:01] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: Having piloted a gear, I can't say I fully agree. Being able to turn on a dime has saved my ass several times now.
[20:01] <Savant> Tech> Want to give us a hand hooking up the electrical on these things?
[20:01] <Mem> +com+ Good. ::slides around his notepad from earlier:: Gonna need two dozen warheads for MIRVs, variable yield. I don't think we need atmospheric capability. ::reads the pad while he talks::
[20:01] <Melissa> I can turn just as tightly in Bonaparte ::says proudly::
[20:02] <Mem> +com+ ::looks up:: Sorry, forgot to mention, this is for oh-five.
[20:02] <Thierry> Thanks. I'll let you know if he needs anything else. By the way, is there any chance of me getting access to some lab equipment. I have some...special things I need to cook up
[20:02] <Craig> ::looks at the paper, then to the tech:: sure thing
[20:03] <Melissa> ::hops off the top of the tank and makes her way to the vehicle bay in the back::
[20:03] <Joanna> ::nods:: 'cause you're on your railroad tracks. Hover's a whole 'nuther ball game. ::Frowns:: And that reminds me, I should probably join you when you do your space training. I could use the training.
[20:04] <Tychon> ::nods:: Yes, sir. I will, sir. Though given the nature of the mission, I suspect the letters will be fairly frustrating for them.
[20:04] <Savant> QM> +com+ I know, Sir ::taps his temple:: I have on hold for you twenty four variable-yield nuclear warheads. We'll keep them in lockup with your name on them until you're ready to go.
[20:04] <Melissa> Hehe...don't have to deal with slip or pitch. Though, I do like the speed of the HT-68s and -72s....very slick and fast. ::sighs and shakes her head ruefully::
[20:04] <Savant> Nurse> Lab equipment? Well, basic things, sure. Do you want anything special?
[20:05] <Mem> +com+ Good. Do any custom engraving, or should I just break out a permanent marker?
[20:05] <Joanna> ::Grin:: Yeah. I miss that a lot... but you can't make a hovertank do a hand-stand.
[20:05] <Joanna> ::a beat:: Well, not that I can do that in JJ either. Yet.
[20:05] <Gabriel> Ahhh, yes. ::nods familiarity with Tychon's problem:: Well, tell them how you feel, and about what you see, who you meet, how they affect you. Don't bother trying to tell them about the missions. They really aren't all that important.
[20:05] <Mem> +com+ Gonna send them a message. In more ways than one. ::grins::
[20:05] <Thierry> I'd like to be able to make some...unconventional drugs. Truth serums and the like.
[20:06] <Melissa> Hehe...an Iguana or one of those Northern scouts...Cheetahs...might be able to do that
[20:06] <Tychon> ::nods:: Thank you, sir. They've obviously never been off-planet, so I'm sure they'll enjoy hearing all about it.
[20:06] <Thierry> Here of course, doubt I could get the right equipment for a field lab
[20:06] <Savant> Tech> ::gives Craig a high power drill with a diamond tip, and a drilling guide so that the holes line up:: Get some holes on those engines for the mounting plates, if you would. Make sure they're as even as you can get'em.
[20:07] <Joanna> Sure, but who would want to? Anything that fast in a gear has crap armor or crap weapons. JJ's a pretty good balance.
[20:07] <Melissa> No, I was thinking about an old project of the HA...before the Republic came in. ::shrugs and goes through the various drawers in the bay::
[20:07] <Savant> QM> +com+ Give'm one for me, Sir. I still owe them for my leg back in the War.
[20:07] <Melissa> Iguana is better than the Cheetah...good armour and fast...not as smooth, but I like it
[20:07] <Craig> ::nods and takes the drilling guide and drill, heading for erinyes first::
[20:08] <Mem> +com+ ::nods grimly:: I owe them for Lyonesse. Thanks for the nukes, chief, I'll have the paperwork done asap.
[20:08] <Savant> Nurse> A whole lab? Well, a field one, we can do that.... The basics we have for you. I think that ... Birkin, is that his name? He's got parts of your team's basic lab kit.
[20:08] <Savant> QM> +com+ Any time Sir. Out. ::the line closes::
[20:09] <Thierry> I was hoping to get as much of the work done as possible here actually
[20:09] <Mem> ::stares at the blank screen for a few moments after it goes blank, unfocused, lost in thought::
[20:09] <Savant> Nurse> Oh! You're free to use the lab here, if you want to... it's over here. ::leads Thierry over to the medical bays's small but sufficient pharmacy room::
[20:09] <Gabriel> I'll let you get back to it, Caporal. Your Gear is going to need quite a lot of fitting up and final weapon check-out before loading in Pathfinder, I suspect.
[20:10] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: Still, you saw what happened to the hovertanks after their ports got nailed? Stuck moving in a straight line, slower and slower.
[20:10] <Tychon> ::nods:: Almost certainly, sir. I was just on my way to investigate the goings-on in the bay there. ::gestures towards it::
[20:10] <Thierry> Excellent. ::Heads in and starts getting together what he needs to make more of the famous Toledo Truth Juice and some other fun toys for Roland::
[20:11] <Savant> Down in the bay, most of the Talon teams are working on their vehicles, so the place is packed. There's a suprisingly petulant looking Kodiak off to one side which is looking down at Corporal Peone while Tyrelle tangles herself in its leg hydraulic lines
[20:12] <Craig> ::sets up the guide on the V-engine as per the instructions and line the drill up for the first hole::
[20:12] <Melissa> ::nods her head and sits down for a moment:: Yes...but with proper shielding...though that would add weight. Hmm...tough to make better without having to sacrifice something else. ::shrugs::
[20:13] <Melissa> Then again, it is not a main battle tank, no? A fast attack, yes, but no Visigoth.
[20:13] <Savant> Tech> ::as Craig drills, the tech prepares a flat mounting plate and a handful of electrical connectors::
[20:13] <Melissa> ::smiles:: Now, a Visigoth...that would be a tank to drive. Or a Khan Visi...hmmm
[20:14] <Joanna> Heh. That said, carrying a big artie piece strapped to your back helps. ::grins::
[20:14] <Melissa> ::smirks:: I like big guns
[20:14] <Joanna> ::looks up at the activity:: Hmm. I suppose I should get JJ ready.
[20:15] <Melissa> ::nods::
[20:15] <Craig> ::goes from hole to hole, each time getting a little faster as he gets into the groove::
[20:15] <Thierry> ::Seems satisfied with the first two batches of truth juice::
[20:15] <Savant> Nurse> ::leaves Theirry to his wizardry::
[20:15] <Joanna> Keep thinking of things you might need. Can't guarantee you'll get all of it, since we'll have to get a few things on the fly, but... ::shrugs::
[20:16] <Melissa> ::nods enthusiastically:: Yes...I will write down all and go from there. Wonder what types of drones I'll be given....
[20:16] <Savant> Tech> ::follows behind Craig; every time Craig finishes drilling the tech affixes a mounting plate and begins to thread the wires through the holes::
[20:17] <Joanna> Well, we'll be on the run a lot, and not going to have much of a chance of resupply... so whatever you pick better be recoverable and sturdy.
[20:17] <Joanna> I'll be back in a bit. ::heads off towards JJ's work cube::
[20:17] <Mem> ::heads into the vehicle bay finally, stopping to take in how busy it is::
[20:18] <Savant> Mem finds the vehicle bay to be full of generally enthusiastic, eager people. There's a lot to be done and there's never enough time to do it in
[20:19] <Joanna> ::steps into the area, looking at JJ:: Alright kiddo. Time for a little upgrade. How do you feel about flying around in space?
[20:19] <Thierry> ::Packs up the first two batches of truth serum and sets to some nerve stimulents::
[20:19] <Savant> JJ> ::looks down at Joanna::
[20:19] <Craig> ::tries to stay ahead of the tech as he drills the holes in each gear's engine, moving along at a decent pace::
[20:19] <Savant> Tech> Looks like you've done this before!
[20:20] <Gabriel> ::watches the bay for a while, then heads back to the communications room to start ordering the special equipment the team will need, most notably for the Whipsnakes and the drones::
[20:20] <Tychon> ::wanders into the enormous bay, looking at all the activity and feeling more at peace here amongst the noise and the metal than he does amongst most people::
[20:21] <Savant> Tychon and Mem both find techs crawling over their Gears, drilling holes and running cables
[20:21] <Craig> ::chuckles a bit:: this is the first time for gears but i've worked on civilian vehicles before and i do pretty good with instructions
[20:21] <Joanna> ::shivers a bit:: C'mon JJ. Need you to squat down so they can work on your back.
[20:22] <Joanna> ::tries to gesture the movement with her hands::
[20:22] <Savant> Outside of the bay, the hallway is relatively quiet - some support personnel are busy, but most of the active Talons are getting their kit ready. Gotah is standing at the intersection with an unlit cigarette and a well worn paper booklet
[20:22] <Mem> ::takes a protective step towards Shepherd, but stops himself, recognizing the techs::
[20:23] <Mem> ::to Tynes as he heads out:: Ordered the nukes, cap, just need to pick them up.
[20:23] <Savant> JJ> ::looks at Joanna - the Gear didnt' understand the order::
[20:23] <Tychon> ::feels an instinctive urge to get involved, but allows the techs to proceed with their work, merely watching for the time being::
[20:23] <Melissa> ::finishes going through the vehicle bay and then crawled up onto the back of the tank to take a quick look at the tool arm::
[20:24] <Gabriel> Thank you, Lieutenant. That will be fine. ::enters the communications room and has a seat, then places a call to Hutchison Space Center::
[20:24] <Joanna> Hmm. Wish this had been covered in training. Alright, how about getting onto your knees? ::mimes the gear kneeling::
[20:24] <Savant> Tech> ::to Craig:: You got talent. You the team tech specialist?
[20:24] <Thierry> ::Packs up his work in an ordered fashion and then started heading for the vehicle bay, dropping of the drugs in the proper place::
[20:25] <Joanna> Oh, I know! Hull down.
[20:25] <Savant> After a moment Gabriel is speaking with an operator.
[20:26] <Savant> Operator> +com+ Hutchinson Space Centre.
[20:27] <Craig> ::finishes a the last hole on the next gear, shepherd before answering:: i dunno, i'm probably as good as others on my team, though i'm more into the electronics side, i'm usually the one cracking through electronic locks and getting into computer systems when out second in command isn't available
[20:27] <Savant> JJ> ::hearing "hull down" the Gear kneels, then lays on its stomach on the floor::
[20:27] <Gabriel> +com+ Good morning. I'd like to chat with Captain Eindhoven, if he's there.
[20:28] <Gabriel> +com+ My name is Captain Gabriel Tynes, Black Talon 05. ::gives his Northern Guard authorization code, followed by his NGIS authorization code::
[20:28] <Thierry> ::Heads over to Wren and looks over the work being done on him and gasps::
[20:28] <Savant> Operator> ::speaks as she checks the credentials:: +com+ We've closed the centre for launches for the time being, but the Captain may still be available. Let me check, Sir.
[20:29] <Joanna> ::smiles and claps:: Good JJ!
[20:29] <Joanna> ::feeling faintly ridiculous:: Now stay. The techs are gonna come and attack some rockets to ya.
[20:30] <Melissa> ::makes some notes and then sits down on the turret, her feet dangling inside of the opened hatch:: Hmm...I wonder if I could get high yield explosive shells for you? Earthers are fast, but can't dodge a large blast...
[20:30] <Savant> The Gears seem to be eager to participate as well - it's as if they can dimply sense the energy and are preparing themselves as well. Mem finds that Shepheard has unshielded its sensor pod, and Tychon is staring his Gear in the eye as if the thing is asking him if it can go out for a walk.
[20:30] <Tychon> ::grins, picking up on the 'expression' and nodding lightly back to the Gear, mouthing the words 'soon'::
[20:31] <Joanna> ::casts her eyes about for the techs:: At least, they will as soon as one's here...
[20:31] <Mem> ::inspects the techs as they work, looking across several of the gears, including over at 04's lineup::
[20:31] <Savant> Tech> ::nods at Craig:: Well, maybe we should switch then if you're the electrician. I'll mount the plates and you hook up the data plugs
[20:32] <Craig> ::nods:: alright ::hops down from his perch and hands the tech back the drill::
[20:32] <Savant> Before too long Craig and his technician buddy show up at Joanna's Gear
[20:32] <Savant> Tech> :: Takes the drill and accessories and lets Craig handle the wiring::
[20:32] <Joanna> ::grins:: I got him in a good position for you guys, right?
[20:33] <Thierry> ::Looks up at Wren and smiles:: Hopefully we'll get to go on this ride girl. I've been anxious to go take it to the earthers on Caprice too, but something may have come up...a good something, but something
[20:33] <Thierry> ::Wonders why he's telling all this to a machine, like it was his shrink or something::
[20:33] <Savant> Talon 04 seems to be faring similarly. The Kodiak seems to be fussing, looking over its shoulder constantly as the techs attach the oversized thrusters. The row of Jaguars beside it are far more placid. Their Cheetah is standing in a corner.
[20:34] <Savant> Wren> ::looks down at Theirry as its' spoken to::
[20:34] <Craig> ::walks up to JJ and looks at joanna:: hmm would probably be better if he was kneeling ::looks at the gear:: JJ... Kneeling position
[20:34] <Melissa> ::pats the top of the turret as she looks at all the Gears::
[20:34] <Joanna> I tried that. ::Shrugs::
[20:35] <Savant> JJ> ::doesnt' respond to Craig::
[20:35] <Savant> After a moment, the Operator's face is replaced with the face of a very tired looking Captain
[20:35] <Thierry> ::Strokes Wren's knee:: Its OK, its not decided yet. Besides, we did kill that tank by ourselves back there. Wasn't that exciting?
[20:36] <Gabriel> +com+ Brian! Good morning! ::examines the man's face:: Ouch. You look terrible. I won't ask how the facility is. I'll ask how your family is instead?
[20:36] <Craig> ::hmms:: a stubborn one eh? well guess we'll have to make due ::nods to the tech to start setting the holes and plates::
[20:37] <Melissa> ::whispering to the tank:: Just a bunch of glorified foot troopers...you have nothing to fear.
[20:37] <Joanna> ::shrugs again:: I kinda had to rush through the basics.
[20:37] <Savant> Captain> ::Exhales - he wants to smile, but apparently it's been a little too difficult to do so:: They're fine, thanks. I'm glad we're out on the lake. How are you and yours? I imagine you got involved in this little dust-up, too.
[20:38] <Savant> Wren> ::looks down closer at Thierry - he can see one of the knee cameras focus on him as well::
[20:38] <Gabriel> +com+ Fortunately, they were 5000 kilometers from the closest problem, and thanks, they're fine, otherwise. Mikhail completed his coming of age last season. His father has been shot at way too many times to think about during that season, yes.
[20:38] <Gabriel> +com+ Sorry I haven't gotten back to you earlier, but I did want to thank you. Two out of the three Whipsnakes you sent arrived with no problems. CEF shot down the third en route, unfortunately.
[20:39] <Craig> ::smiles:: it might just be a quirk in the NNet, Swifty responds to orders like that no problem, you'll just have to keep trying, bond with your gear, that might be all it takes
[20:39] <Savant> JJ starts to get drilled up. The Gear's head turns to look as it hears the noise on its shoulders, but otherwise it was still, since it wasn't ordered to move.::
[20:39] <Joanna> Just hang in there JJ, pretty soon it'll be done.
[20:39] <Joanna> ::looks at Craig:: Sure, but I can't order your gear around, can I?
[20:40] <Thierry> ::Notes the tech bringing over the space thrusters:: OK Girl, time to go hull down. They want to stick some thrusters on you. Oh, and sounds like we might be getting a new gun for ya too Smile
[20:40] <Mem> ::looks blandly at the others and their gears, glancing at Shepherd with a smirk::
[20:41] <Savant> Brian> +com+ We lost one there too? ::exhales, resigned.:: Damned earthers. I hope two will be enough for you. Those are a pretty hot commodity right now.
[20:41] <Craig> ::shrugs:: it's probably all about trust
[20:42] <Savant> Tech> ::finishes drilling the mount and steps back so Craig can wire the plugs. He's standing on JJ's back::
[20:43] <Craig> ::nods to the tech and brings up the wiring::
[20:43] <Gabriel> +com+ Two should be sufficient, I think. I'm now looking at armaments, particularly of the long range variety. I've put in requests, but given how hard the CEF hit us recently, I was hoping you could expedite a few of them. Turns out I'm going to need them, soon. Eight Skag ASAT missile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:05] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:05] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:05] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Baiting the Tiger in Session'
[18:05] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:05] * Mem has joined #BT05
[18:05] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Mem
[18:05] <Tychon> ::attn::
[18:05] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:06] * Gabriel has joined #bt05
[18:06] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
[18:06] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:06] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:07] <Savant> hello and good evening to you all
[18:07] <Savant> today we're going to do something a little different. Not everyone's here and that's too bad, but they gave me warning, so it's okay. Means the race won't be quite so hectic, I guess.
[18:07] <Savant> firstly, take a look at the Wiki - you'll spot some new things to do in the Rules section. Piloting maneuvers, and a clarification of Macromoves.
[18:08] <Savant> getting an honest-to-goodness Duelist encouraged me to bring that into the game
[18:08] <Savant> Secondly, there's a Training thread which some of you need to get up on ins. Free experience points. You've got four weeks, so gimme three or four skils you want to train in and i'll roll for your teachers.
[18:09] <Savant> Finally, we're going to use this game to get you familiar with the space movement system. I'll do a demonstration of how it works before the game starts up. It's pretty simple.
[18:09] <Savant> questions before briefing?
[18:10] <Savant> seems no
[18:10] <Savant> Baiting the Tiger
[18:10] <Savant> 22 Spring TN, 0900h - Morning
[18:10] <Savant> Black Talon Training Zone, Zeus Orbit
[18:10] <Savant> -231 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[18:10] <Savant> It's been three busy weeks. Talon 05 has hopped between various training facilities - they've just finished a ten day tour at the KAraq Wastes space training facility, and were then shuttled up to Zeus where more extensive, and realistic, zero-gravity training can be undertaken.
[18:10] <Savant> They are currently in the middle of a grueling training stretch - five days of twenty-eight-hour sessions. It's mentally and physically exhausting, but by the end of it their bodies will have picked up the unconscious reflexes required to be a spacer.
[18:10] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:10] <Gabriel> ack
[18:10] <Savant> and i can answer any questions you might have on that.
[18:10] <Mem> ack
[18:10] <Birkin> ack
[18:10] <Joanna> ack
[18:10] <Tychon> ack
[18:11] <Savant> everyone seems to be in on the map tool. So we can kick this pig.
[18:11] <Tychon> ::raiseeesss!!:
[18:11] <Savant> Tychon?
[18:11] <Tychon> How much fuel do we have?
[18:11] <Savant> 200 Burn Points.
[18:12] <Tychon> Flat for everyone?
[18:12] <Savant> yup.
[18:12] <Tychon> K.
[18:12] <Joanna> ::raises::
[18:12] <Savant> Joanna
[18:12] <Joanna> Points if we manage to smash everything on the course?
[18:12] <Mem> ::raises::
[18:12] <Savant> i'm sure your team-mates could put together a suitable trophy for you
[18:12] <Savant> Mem?
[18:12] <Mem> Weapons?
[18:13] <Savant> All of your weapons are as they are currently - they're set on training mode, so they don't actually fire, but your computers will log and record simulated damage.
[18:13] <Craig> ack
[18:13] <Mem> k
[18:13] <Savant> ^_^
[18:13] <Savant> anything else?
[18:13] <Birkin> download site for the newest version of MT?
[18:13] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:13] <Savant> Gabriel?
[18:13] <Savant> http://rptools.net/dist/lib/
[18:13] <Gabriel> Just a point of clarification/confirmation: if you declare Top Speed for the new round, you must burn at least Combat Speed +1 MP, yes?
[18:14] <Savant> yes, Gabriel
[18:14] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Thought so, but want to make sure everyone understands that.
[18:14] <Craig> burn before the next round?
[18:14] <Mem> How about simulated ammo? Finite?
[18:14] <Savant> finite simulated ammo
[18:15] <Savant> now seems like a godo time to show everyone how the movement works in space. Pretty easy. If you can pull your eyes to the map, you'll se Dart, and a small token - a vector token.
[18:15] <Craig> what? we're allowed to shot each other here? or do we have targets on the field?
[18:15] <Savant> you can shoot each other
[18:15] <Savant> don't have to though. The option is there ^_-
[18:16] <Savant> anyways. When you move in space, you don't really move so much as shift your momentum about. Consider it like your momentum is dragging your vehicle along through space.
[18:16] <Gabriel> Probably should declare that we can only do it on the return leg.
[18:16] <Gabriel> That way, everyone gains at least a little experience. Wink
[18:16] <Savant> heh, point. I'll put in the "fire-free zone" line in a second
[18:17] <Savant> All of your have a Space movement system equivalent to your Walker movement system. you also have some new flaws while using this system, but they aren't too big a deal
[18:17] <Savant> Dart can move 6/12 through space.
[18:18] <Savant> so, i want to go through a gate. We're at Combat speed right now, so I can move my Vector 6 points. LEt's do that now
[18:18] <Mem> Hrm. Why is Mem's walker so slow...boo.
[18:18] <Mem> 5/10 sucks Wink
[18:18] <Savant> you aren't a cheetah, sorry ^_-
[18:18] <Savant> I've moved my VEctor. Now I get to move my vehicle along its vector.
[18:19] <Savant> So I highlight both the vector and the vehicle, and slide them both so that my vehicle is where my vector was
[18:19] <Savant> there we go. that's how movement in space works. Very easy. Everyone got it?
[18:19] <Savant> Move the vector, then move the set.
[18:20] <Savant> there are a few points to note, however. Everyone pay attention to these
[18:21] <Savant> 1) Your attack and defense modifiers are based on the number of burn points (i.e. movement points) you expend - not the number of hexes travelled.
[18:21] <Savant> it's easier to track something that's moving along a constant vector.
[18:22] <Savant> 2) using Burn Points consumes Fuel. Each of you has 200 Burn Points in the tank. Keep track of them. Every burn point that you use in movement is one out of the tank
[18:22] <Savant> to put that into perspective, you have 40 rounds of burning at 5 movement points per round.
[18:22] <Savant> Questions.
[18:22] <Tychon> ::raises::
[18:23] <Savant> Tychon
[18:23] <Tychon> How do you want us to keep track of the burn points? Just state after each move how much fuel we have left?
[18:23] <Savant> that will do nicely.
[18:23] <Savant> ready to go, everyone?
[18:24] <Mem> starting at combat speed?
[18:24] <Mem> or with vectors up close like that?
[18:24] <Savant> starting at stationary.
[18:24] <Mem> k.
[18:24] <Savant> everyone put your vector markers behind you.
[18:24] <Savant> technically they're right on top of you
[18:24] <Mem> also, question
[18:24] <Mem> do drones count as obstacles, or as the edge of legal gates
[18:25] <Savant> good question
[18:25] <Savant> Drones are obstacles.
[18:25] <Mem> and how do you determine if we hit them or not
[18:25] <Savant> piloting checks
[18:25] <Mem> I mean if we're inside the gate or not.
[18:25] <Mem> does it have to be a clean pass through an adjacent hex, or can we cut into it
[18:25] <Savant> oh. If you pass through the hex with a line in it, then you're through the gate.
[18:26] <Tychon> ::raises::
[18:26] <Savant> Tychon?
[18:26] <Mem> does it have to be a clean pass through an adjacent hex, or can we cut into the drone hex, I mean?
[18:26] <Tychon> Line in it at all? For instance, there are a lot of hexes with red lines on the outer edge. Can those hexes be occupied without crossing the red line?
[18:27] <Savant> eh, if there's only a bit of a red line in the hex then you're okay./
[18:27] <Savant> well make it a piloting check if it's questionable
[18:27] <Tychon> ok
[18:27] <Savant> okay?
[18:27] <Mem> Same question re: hexes with drones.
[18:27] <Savant> again, piloting check.
[18:27] <Mem> if our path through a gate clips a drone hex
[18:28] <Savant> it'll be a piloting check to pass through the gate
[18:28] <Mem> oh, thought you meant not to hit the drone. OK.
[18:28] * Savant grins
[18:28] <Savant> okay. Now are we ready? ^_-
[18:28] <Joanna> Nope.
[18:29] <Birkin> trial by error!
[18:29] <Joanna> I need a last minute substitution.
[18:29] <Savant> unless there are questions, i'm starting ^_-
[18:29] <Birkin> go go go
[18:29] <Savant> heh
[18:29] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:29] <Joanna> Maiko will be taking Joanna's place.
[18:29] <Gabriel> +com+ Deacon to all units, comm check. Good luck out there, everyone. Remember, this is training. Don't take stupid chances.
[18:30] <Savant> All of you have been collected out into the "field". Above you in inky black and an endless starfield. Below you is the twisting yellow and orange of Zeus, the Helios System's largest gas supergiant.
[18:30] <Tychon> ::drifts in space near his comrades, looking out at the array of gates displayed on his HUD and noting in a somewhat detached way the similarities and differences between space and ground Gear flying::
[18:30] <Tychon> ::double-clicks his comm to acknowledge Gabriel's message::
[18:30] <Savant> You all got about two hours of sleep last night, and it's wearing thin. Sergeant MAjor Gerald McGuinness is a slave driver. He's got you all waiting in front of an obstacle course at present
[18:31] <Craig> ::holds position at the starting line::
[18:31] <Birkin> ::whistles lightly, having decided that tonights tune should be the Southern Repulic Anthm, clicks his com twice to the Captain in ackowledgement::
[18:31] <Mem> ::scans the course and plans his first few moves::
[18:32] <Gabriel> ::glances around his cockpit, wishing idly for a moment he was aboard his Whipsnake::
[18:32] <Savant> Sergeant Major Gerlad McGuinness> +com+ Alright, you grounders! Listen up! We've laid out a simple training course for you to complete. You gain points for passing through green gates, and for coming in first or second. You lose points for going through Red gates. Weapons-free at a time of my choosing. Any questions?
[18:32] * Joanna would rather be anywhere else but doing this...
[18:32] <Mem> ::yawns, then shakes his head a bit to clear the cobwebs, checking his thrust systems again::
[18:32] <Gabriel> +com+ Deacon acknowledges.
[18:33] <Tychon> ::switches the comm to active this time:: +com+ Nike acknowledges, sir. ::flicks it back to receive::
[18:33] <Joanna> +com+ ::curtly:: Rog.
[18:33] <Birkin> +com+ Cerberus aknolwedges ::cuts out the whistling as the com line opens and retsarts it just as the com line is about to die::
[18:33] <Craig> +com+ Swifty acknowledges sir
[18:34] <Savant> Sergeant Major Gerlad McGuinness> +com+ Good! You will pass through the starting gate when the siren sounds. And for the Prophet's sake, try to not kill each other or break anything.
[18:34] <Savant> (bah. typo city)
[18:35] <Savant> A siren sounds over the radio. They're off!
[18:37] <Craig> ::taps the thruster control to get moving::
[18:38] <Mem> ::slams a foot into the throttle and attempts an early jump::
[18:41] <Birkin> ::pauses for a moment, watching Mem fly on by:: Arrogent little runt isnt he... ::draws his MAAC to Mem's back and makes gun noises into the mike:: +com+ ratatatatatak!
[18:42] <Gabriel> ::grins into his helmet::
[18:43] <Savant> Mem roars towards the starting gate, and in his hurry, actually zips right past it
[18:44] <Tychon> ::blinks, watching Mem fly past the starting gate and wonders what he has in mind::
[18:46] <Savant> He dogs to the left briefly, passing right by the entry gate drone and giving it a tap on the way by
[18:47] <Mem> +com+ Whoops.
[18:47] <Tychon> ::kicks the throttle up to combat speed and accelerates towards the first gate::
[18:48] <Gabriel> ::still chuckling to himself, starts out at a more sedate pace toward the first gate, content to have the others in front of him::
[18:51] <Savant> The race starts at a relatively calm pace, with only Mem taking a clear dive for capturing the lead.
[18:52] <Joanna> ::is humming inside her helmet, reacting calmly and smoothly::
[18:55] <Mem> ::spots the gate to the left, but does the math in his head and decides it isn't worth the fuel::
[18:55] <Gabriel> ::watches Mem rocket through a gate far too fast to possibly correct for Gate #2::
[18:56] <Craig> ::taps the controls to change his direction slightly, taking aim at the first gate::
[18:57] <Tychon> ::kicks the throttle ever so slightly and pushes more power out of the boosters than they'd normally give, sailing through the first gate::
[18:57] <Savant> Sergeant Major Gerald McGuinness> ::Barks over the radio:: +com+ What is this, a tricycle race? Get moving!
[18:57] <Mem> +com+ Come on, ladies.
[18:58] <Savant> Sergeant Major Gerald McGuinness> +com+ You're missing a gate, Gage. Get on the track!
[18:58] <Joanna> ::still humming along::
[18:58] <Birkin> +com+ Yeah Gage get back on the track!
[18:58] <Mem> +com+ Shouldn't make them optional, sarge.
[18:59] <Mem> ::grins and sets his eyes on the next several consecutive gates::
[18:59] <Savant> Sergeant Major Gerald McGuinness> +com+ You *will* complete the track in a satisfactory manner, Sir, or you *will* fail this course!
[19:00] <Craig> ::chuckles at the com traffic, though by looking at the course, even he isn't sure he'd be able to hit that next gate::
[19:00] <Mem> ::grins wider:: +com+ Understood. ::burns short to the left::
[19:01] <Tychon> ::decides to bypass the second gate and coasts towards the third, fourth, and fifth, puffing his thrusters slightly to port as he does so::
[19:02] <Craig> ::lets his momentum drift him closer to the first gate, making plans to change course again as he passes through::
[19:03] <Mem> ::watches the duelist hot on his heels:: +com+ Copy cat.
[19:04] <Savant> Sergeant Major Gerald McGuinness> +com+ Weapons free, ladies and gentlemen!
[19:04] <Tychon> ::smiles ever so slightly inside his helmet, but doesn't respond::
[19:05] <Craig> ::hits the burn for a few moments to adjust heading as he passes, he's gonna try for that next one, and hopefully not hit the barrier in the process::
[19:10] <Tychon> ::instead, draws his LPLC and, as he's sailing by Mem's gear, unleashes a dead-on shot into the gear's rear::
[19:11] <Birkin> +com+ ... Hey. I wanted to do that dammit.
[19:11] <Mem> ::hears the call for weapons, and doesn't have time to spin around when his visor displays that he's dead:: What the fuck. ::watches Tychon behind him and mutters::
[19:12] <Gabriel> +com+ So did I, as it happens. Nothing saying we can't. ::levels his autocannon at Mem and pickles a single burst off::
[19:13] <Mem> ::sits in the "dark" for a few moments, coasting through a gate::
[19:13] <Joanna> ::still humming along::
[19:15] <Gabriel> ::taps the first gate, then burns a bit to line up for the second::
[19:16] <Mem> ::notes as his systems come back online that they apparently all want to shoot at him::
[19:18] <Gabriel> +com+ Guy in front takes the heat, Lieutenant. You should have learned that by now.
[19:22] <Craig> ::grins as he sees joanna pulling ahead and decides to let her know he's there by bringing up his mac and pulling the trigger::
[19:22] <Tychon> ::kisses the thrusters to port again, and continues sailing through gates::
[19:22] <Mem> +com+ Understood, captain. Watch out for the Southie next to you, though.
[19:24] <Mem> +com+ He told me he planned on taking you out fast.
[19:24] <Joanna> ::continues humming even as she gets the shit blown out of her gear::
[19:25] <Mem> ::grunts and spins his gear around hard to face the others::
[19:29] <Gabriel> +com+ Senior Ranger, that was impolite, particularly given that you're coasting toward the same wall of death. ::twists a bit to put the shooter in his sights, then puts a round into Swifty as an educational measure::
[19:33] <Mem> ::mutters to Shepherd after a fit of overextending the engines:: Wake up. Both of us.
[19:35] <Craig> ::his gear instruments complain that he's been hit and his controls become unresponsive:: +com+ i'm starting to regret not firing at the both you now captain ::chuckles::
[19:39] <Gabriel> ::sails through the second gate, adjusting course slightly to avoid the wall that will soon claim JJ and Swifty:: +com+ I'm regretting spending my time on this gate. Still, it will be interesting to see if you guys can avoid passing through the wall of death.
[19:41] <Mem> ::watches Tychon try to overtake him again, and snaps a simulated missile at him up close::
[19:41] <Mem> -2 movement
[19:42] <Tychon> ::for all the world "ducks" and avoids the shot::
[19:43] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:44] <Mem> ::grunts and does his best to micromaneuver in place to keep Tychon from getting behind him::
[19:48] <Tychon> ::comes right past Mem again, and then burns quickly, trying to get behind him -- unfortunately, the burn doesn't quite work; Mem's ready for him this time -- tries to get a shot off with his LPLC, but Mem is ready for that too::
[19:51] <Mem> ::hits the stick again and tries a second shot at Tychon::
[19:53] <Tychon> ::watches Mem try to do exactly what he just did, and only barely keeps the senior officer from getting behind him::
[19:54] <Mem> ::lets loose another AGM, this time with more stability in his movement::
[19:54] <Gabriel> ::watches the battle ahead, judging the tactics of both duelists::
[19:54] <Mem> boo
[19:55] <Tychon> ::flinches slightly as the shot skitters across his armor plating::
[19:55] <Craig> ::watches his screen as the next gate closes, still waiting for control to return, he also glances at the progress of the others seeing mem and tychon caught in a tussel as they pass through a gate further ahead:: +com+ i wonder how much fuel thats using up?
[19:56] <Mem> Fuck! Bastard is good. ::burns again to stay in line::
[19:57] <Joanna> ::stops humming, and flips on the comm, responding to Craig:: +com+ Bite me. ::clicks off the com and savagely throws her controls into a hard burn over as they re-activate::
[19:57] <Joanna> ::back on course, she picks up where she left off on her humming::
[19:59] <Gabriel> ::just for grins, puts another bullet into Swifty as the Gear starts powering back up::
[20:00] <Craig> ::chuckles as joanna passes by him again, his controls happily returning as well....then curses gabriel as they shut down again::+com+ come on now, thats just plain evil!
[20:00] <Gabriel> ::can't help but continue chuckling as Swifty sails off into the inky blackness of space:: +com+ I oppose evil, Senior Ranger, not cause it.
[20:04] <Mem> ::fires two rifle shots before he gets any further, seeing Tychon's rear exposed::
[20:04] <Tychon> ::feels one of the shots hit, and his HUD registers a loss in maneuverability -- he frowns, more abashed than upset -- and the second shot ricochets off the armor::
[20:05] <Tychon> ::spins the gear around and kisses the thrusters forward, pursuing his assailant::
[20:07] <Joanna> ::continues to ride the burn::
[20:08] <Mem> ::burns to slow down, spotting the gates on sensors coming up fast::
[20:11] <Craig> ::sighs as his controls don't return before he passed through the red barrier::
[20:12] <Tychon> ::coasts along right up to Mem again and prompts Nike to wave at him before firing off a pair of LPLC blasts in rapid succession::
[20:13] <Gabriel> ::slowly lets his speed escalate as he approaches the first straightaway, staying behind Joanna and hugging the wall, then just for grins... puts a shot in her back:: +com+ Stay alert, Corporal.
[20:15] <Joanna> ::still humming, strained::
[20:17] <Mem> ::mutters, sailing by the gate to his left::
[20:18] <Craig> ::curses as he continues to drift away from the race::
[20:18] <Tychon> ::applies the breaks a bit, preparing to adjust his course::
[20:19] <Gabriel> ::leaves quite a little trail of bodies behind him, grins a bit wickedly, and accelerates into the straightaway::
[20:28] <Mem> ::watches his systems come back online, and lines up another round of shots before he moves out of range again::
[20:34] <Tychon> ::winces as the hit registers -- he's dead:: +com+ Nice shot, Lieutenant. ::said without the slightest hint of malice; entirely complimentary::
[20:35] <Mem> ::sighs in relief, though he knows it's temporary:: +com+ After this is done, caporal, you show me how to fly. ::slows down for the next gate::
[20:36] <Tychon> ::smiles, appreciatively, double-clicking the com in reply::
[20:36] <Gabriel> ::watches as another gate whips by, then another, continuing to accelerate after the two duelists:: +com+ Interesting little chicane at the front of this track, Senior Sergeant McGuinness. Wish I was in my Whipsnake.
[20:36] <Joanna> ::Regaining control, she steers for the course end -- she's HAD it and would prefer to get some piloting practice in on the end gates instead of being blown up repeatedly::
[20:38] <Craig> ::smiles as swifty finally gives back the controls then brings it about and burns hard to get back on cours, having missed the last 4 gates in a row he doesn't want to make it 5::
[20:40] <Joanna> ::decelerates to make the nearest gate turn::
[20:41] <Mem> ::watches Tychon in the distance, knowing he can make up most of the ground very quickly::
[20:41] <Craig> ::approaches the gate and thinks about kicking up the throttle::
[20:43] <Gabriel> ::decelerates a bit for the slalom:: +com+ Swifty, JJ, you back there? ::has a glance in his rear sensors, ready to jink and jive if need be::
[20:44] <Joanna> ::stays quiet on the comm, still humming::
[20:44] <Craig> +com+ i'm still around
[20:46] <Tychon> ::feels the controls unlock and immediately proceeds to kick the throttle into combat power, urging a little extra juice out of the thrusters as he rockets towards Mem::
[20:46] <Mem> ::fires two more shots at Tychon as he starts to gain on him::
[20:47] <Tychon> ::easily dodges the pair of AGM shots, still somewhat discouragingly far behind his assailant::
[20:49] <Gabriel> +com+ Good, good. ::enters the slalom, a little uncomfortable with his speed, and having to concentrate on threading the gates, skimming within 20 meters of each one::
[20:51] <Joanna> ::continues the process of slowing down::
[20:55] <Tychon> ::decides to take a shot with his MAC rather than his LPLC...and finds himself very surprised when the shot hits::
[20:55] <Craig> ::adjusts his heading to take him through the next series of gates and throttles swifty up to pass through quickly::
[20:57] <Mem> ::sighs and yawns as he goes coasting off track:: +com+ Touché.
[20:57] <Joanna> ::throws the thrust on and makes another braking turn as she comes out of the gate::
[20:57] <Mem> +com+ Holy shit, I spoke French. I must totally be out of it.
[20:57] <Gabriel> ::rockets by the first gate in the slalom, building up speed for a hard swinging turn::
[20:57] <Tychon> ::smiles behind his helmt:: +com+ Sorry, Lieutenant. I owe you a drink.
[20:58] <Tychon> ::sails through another gate, adjusting his course::
[21:11] * LrdVampyre has joined #BT05
[21:11] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[21:17] <Joanna> ::aims for the gate near the gauntlet::
[21:18] <Gabriel> ::rips into the hard turn, gauging the second gate in the slalom and decellerating both for it and for the third gate::
[21:19] <Joanna> ::her humming's a little less strained as she comes out of the turn... it's a good thing her comm is off right now too, because it sounds like she's muttering to someone called 'Coda'...::
[21:20] <Tychon> ::coasts forward towards Mem, firing another volley from his MAC::
[21:21] <Mem> ::bears the brunt of the attack as his systems come back online, and he makes the only move he can::
[21:22] <Gabriel> ::finishes the turn, slipping through the center slalom gate:: +com+ Two out of three on the slalom, about to make it three out of three. Deacon's on the prowl.
[21:23] <Mem> ::floors the throttle and calls out, willing for the gear to bank hard, twisting in his chair::
[21:23] <Mem> Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!! Aaaahahahahahahahahaha. WOO!
[21:23] <Mem> ::straightens up as he makes the turn::
[21:23] <Tychon> ::grins, impressed by the fairly high-speed turn::
[21:25] <Joanna> ::eyes the distance between her and the "wall" marked on her helmet:: Bah. Fine. I'll do it. ::mutters something about cramped space as she taps the throttle just a bit::
[21:26] <Craig> ::is pretty happy with his lineup as he's manage to coast past one gate and has the next two coming up that he can drift through with no forseable trouble::
[21:28] <Tychon> ::powers on the throttle as he comes into the turn as well, firing off a couple of MAC bursts as he does so::
[21:31] <Gabriel> ::twists a bit to the "west" for this next burn::
[21:33] <Mem> ::turns and fires rifle shots at Tychon when he gets close::
[21:35] <Tychon> ::blinks, feeling a jolt, and then raises an eyebrow in annoyance as the LPLC shows red::
[21:38] <Gabriel> ::finishes his burn moving almost directly east, then has a glance at Swifty directly behind him::
[21:39] <Gabriel> ::grins and drops a heavy grenade in his wake, giving it a toss almost directly "west"::
[21:57] <Joanna> ::drops her sights on two drones creating a wall in the enclosed area... she manages to blow out one...::
[22:02] <Gabriel> ::finishes with the turn needed to complete the slalom:: +com+ And that's gate number three of the slalom. ::passes through it::
[22:03] <Tychon> ::coaxes his thrusters to nearly full power and swings back to starboard, firing a pair of MAC shots at Mem as he does -- one of them pings off the armor::
[22:04] <Mem> ::sees the gate markers pass by him to the left, and Tychon closing in again::
[22:06] <Joanna> ::passes through the exit and the nearby gate, perfectly lined up to pass through the required middle gate with only a mild adjustment to get out the other side.
[22:08] <Tychon> ::coaxes the gear ever so gently slower, lines up his MAC, and fires-- the first shot misses, but the second shot is dead-on in the crew compartment; can't help but grin a little bit::
[22:10] <Mem> ::sighs a bit as he loses control of thrust again, just as he was about to take off for the finish line::
[22:10] <Mem> +com+ Good game.
[22:11] <Mem> ::after a pause:: +com+ Now the fun begins. ::smirk::
[22:12] <Joanna> ::Actually ACCELERATES through the enclosed area... but with the wall out she has a perfect shot at the opening. Maybe less so on the other side.::
[22:13] <Gabriel> ::adjusts his course a bit, watching the byplay happening in the turn::
[22:14] <Craig> ::adjusts course as he heads for his 6th gate::
[22:14] <Mem> ::whistles a tune off-comm, pulling up his computer::
[22:16] <Tychon> ::blinks, seeing his computer system report a log-in and tries to lock it out::
[22:19] <Mem> ::flicks on his real ECM and punches in a few commands::
[22:21] <Mem> +com+ Shit. SHIT!
[22:22] <Mem> +com+ Tychon, BEHIND YOU!
[22:22] <Gabriel> ::frowns as communications go dead, then shrugs::
[22:23] <Tychon> ::blinks and spares a glance over his shoulder::
[22:23] <Gabriel> ::looks at his sensors, then looks through the window, then looks at his sensors again::
[22:23] <Gabriel> He's not bad.
[22:25] <Gabriel> <<::looks at his omnicamera display, rather::>>
[22:26] <Joanna> ::doesn't see anything and chalks it up to more trickery by the others... for the first time she sighs. How was something like THIS supposed to train them to work as a team in combat in space?::
[22:26] <Tychon> ::flicks on the com, but doesn't say anything for a moment:: +com+ ...are you kidding me?
[22:27] <Mem> +com+ Nike, BREAK LEFT
[22:28] <Gabriel> ::watches Tannhauser anomalies move around like star fighters and grins, then shakes his head::
[22:29] <Tychon> ::watches the CEF cruisers...suddenly relocate; he puts two and two together: his computer's being accessed, and the CEF cruisers' sudden appearance and random behavior:: +com+ Aha. Nice one, Lieutenant.
[22:29] <Mem> +com+ Only if you tell me you need new underwear. ::grins::
[22:30] <Mem> +com+ Gotta try to break you in somehow.
[22:30] <Gabriel> ::jets south just a bit as he drifts through the next gate:: +com+ Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is -231 degrees. ::swings his rifle down toward Nike and puts two in his flank:: And this is your wake-up call.
[22:31] <Tychon> ::smirks:: +com+ Well, sir, I picked up on your access attempt. Couldn't really shut it out, though. It was far too effective. But...well, plausibility. Very neat trick, though, sir.
[22:32] <Tychon> ::blinks, his sensors alerting him an instant before the VHAC rounds would've hit -- he manages to dance around them::
[22:32] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[22:33] <Savant> -=-------- Continue --------=-
[22:35] <Gabriel> ::grins as Tychon allllmost manages to dance around them, then grins more as the computer informs him of multiple secondaries to Nike's boosters:: +com+ Hm, let's see. Stalk the duelist, or make the next turn. Decisions, decisions. ::chuckles in a cheerful little way::
[22:36] <Tychon> ::blinks, watching the lights go red on his display board, then checks his sensors:: +com+ Nice shots, sir. Guess I got a little tied up with the Lieutenant.
[22:37] <Gabriel> +com+ Situational awareness, Corporal.
[22:37] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[22:38] <Savant> anyways. Tha's a long game, but I hope you've had some fun.
[22:38] <Savant> any questions or comments?
[22:38] <Tychon> Nope. Lots and lots of fun.
[22:38] <Mem> I like long games. Was lots of fun.
[22:38] <Gabriel> Yep, very much fun.
[22:39] <Savant> i'm glad you enjoyed. I guess i shoulda made it a wee bit shorter, though. Oh well.
[22:39] <Mem> Shorter course, yeah.
[22:39] <Tychon> I did have one question.
[22:39] <Savant> what's the question?
[22:39] <Tychon> What's the applicability of the ultra-tight maneuvering to an actual space furball?
[22:39] <Mem> Halve the length, and let people on the top have weapons range on people on the bottom. Wink
[22:39] <Gabriel> ::grins:: Look at where I took my shot, Mem.
[22:39] <Mem> I know Very Happy
[22:39] <Savant> not much, really. Space is generally open. I wanted to do this so that you'd get familiar with the movement system - no better way to do that than constraining your movement
[22:39] <Gabriel> I was expecting you to be further along. Wink
[22:40] <Mem> Yeah, it was good stuff, Colin. I feel very comfortable with maneuvering now.
[22:40] <Mem> Well, Ross, we kept killing each other...
[22:40] <Savant> next space training, i'm just gonna do a Capture The Flag. Though, likely in a gravity well that'll be tugging on your vectors.
[22:40] <Gabriel> Heh, that sounds like fun.
[22:40] <Tychon> o_O
[22:40] <Tychon> Interesting
[22:40] <Savant> was going to do that here. And include deadly radiation and debris belts. But that's too much for the first time i think ^_-
[22:40] <Mem> What's the plan next week? Pathfinder sim?
[22:41] <Mem> aka vomit comet
[22:41] <Mem> sim
[22:41] <Savant> next week you're on Apthfinder, headingg off to your destiny int he Loki system
[22:41] <Joanna> Will XP be awarded tonight or is it going to be held off?
[22:41] <Savant> Pathfinder
[22:41] <Craig> we got a ...,doh corrected yourself too fast:P
[22:41] <Mem> And I'm serious. I've always wanted to be an menace on the battlefield by spoofing sensors and/or hacking enemy systems. Gotta hook me up with that.
[22:42] <Savant> Tonight, for sure. Have four. Five if you can suggest to me a beter way to blend tactical and roleplaying elements of the game
[22:42] <Craig> have the enemy taunt us:)
[22:42] <Tychon> How do you mean, Mouse?
[22:42] <Mem> Dunno. I really thought tonight was good.
[22:42] <Tychon> And Brad, that could be ridiculous. Mem jams the enemy sensors and makes a bunch of ghosts...of Tychon. Wink Who then goes in and cuts the fuck out of them.
[22:43] <Savant> i want to see more stuff like Brad's sugesting - more "fun" stuff. More daring and creativity, and more meaningful interaction between characters during a combat
[22:43] <Gabriel> We'd have to combine two tools to do that. I've been kicking it around for GvE.
[22:43] <Savant> yeah, dice and maptool, i assume you mean
[22:43] <Gabriel> Or chat and MT.
[22:43] <Gabriel> MT has a chat interface.
[22:43] <Savant> there's a chat function in the maptool already
[22:43] <Savant> let's try that for the next combat.
[22:43] <Joanna> In the case of most daring, creative, or other endeavors, we get them blown out from under us by group feedback or by bad dice you realize Wink
[22:43] <Tychon> Ehhh
[22:44] <Tychon> I'd rather not, honestly.
[22:44] <Craig> ok
[22:44] <Savant> can Maptool dump its chat buffer?
[22:44] <Joanna> Or in the case of Jana, it gets them killed.
[22:44] <Tychon> I'm very comfortable with the IRC environment, as I think most of us are.
[22:44] <Gabriel> Yep. File -> Save Message History.
[22:44] <Savant> aha
[22:44] <Savant> well, i'll toy with the idea
[22:44] <Gabriel> And yeah, I'm not sure I'm 100% comfortable with it, either. But I've been thinking about it. The number buttons over the chat window are for macros.
[22:44] <Joanna> And I'm with Ryan on that. I prefer mIRC over the maptool chat, but I also realize it'd be easier for others with just one monitor.
[22:44] <Gabriel> I was gonna write a macro for !attack , just to see if I could.
[22:44] <Savant> anyways, you guys can have five, and my congratulations. Looks like you've all got a handle of the space combat system.
[22:45] <Mem> Great idea, though, Colin.
[22:45] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[17:59] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[17:59] * Savant sets mode: +m
[17:59] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Baiting the Tiger in Session'
[18:00] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:00] <McC> ::attn::
[18:00] <Thierry> Atten
[18:00] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:00] <Melissa> ::attn::
[18:00] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:00] * McC is now known as Tychon
[18:01] <Savant> hello and good evening to you all. We've all had a rough week, it seems, so this game should hopefully be light and easy. Mostly interested in some roleplaying and maybe a little planning, though I suspect that will also be done over the week.
[18:01] <Savant> here's a briefing, then we can do questions.
[18:01] <Savant> Baiting the Tiger
[18:01] <Savant> 25 Spring TN, 0900h - Morning
[18:01] <Savant> Black Talon Training Zone, Zeus Orbit
[18:01] <Savant> -231 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[18:01] <Savant> It's been three busy weeks. Talon 05 has hopped between various training facilities - they've just finished a ten day tour at the KAraq Wastes space training facility, and were then shuttled up to Zeus where more extensive, and realistic, zero-gravity training can be undertaken.
[18:01] <Savant> They have just finished a grueling training stretch - seven days of twenty-eight-hour sessions. It's mentally and physically exhausting, but by the end of it their bodies will have picked up the unconscious reflexes required to be a spacer.
[18:01] <Savant> Now that the training is complete, it's only a matter of preparing, planning and resting for the jump to the Loki system and the beginning of a bitter campaign to keep the tiger that is the CEF from returning to Terra Nova with a vengeance.
[18:01] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:01] <Joanna> ack
[18:01] <Gabriel> ack
[18:01] <Mem> ack
[18:01] <Thierry> lACKing an Ack
[18:01] <Tychon> ack
[18:02] <Savant> so. Questions?
[18:02] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:02] <Savant> Gabriel?
[18:02] <Gabriel> Avalon Station, yes?
[18:02] <Savant> yup.
[18:02] <Tychon> ::raises::
[18:02] <Gabriel> ::nods::
[18:02] <Savant> Tychon?
[18:02] <Tychon> Artificial gravity on the station? Individual quarters? How're we set up here? Wink
[18:03] <Savant> Avalon Station, as I recall, is rotated to give a little bit of gravity. Around 0.2g likely. Barracks-style quarters.
[18:03] <Melissa> ack
[18:03] <Savant> Gabriel?
[18:04] <Craig> ack
[18:04] <Gabriel> It's separted into three major nodes. Training node is zero-G: docking ports, training areas, including a full CEF destroyer docked to the station for boarding training.
[18:04] <Gabriel> Habitat node is a wheel, and is spun for gravity, yes.
[18:05] <Gabriel> Administration node is back to zero-G: more docking ports, briefing rooms, class rooms, plus station maintenance and systems.
[18:06] <Tychon> ::nods:: Thanks.
[18:06] <Savant> you had another question, Gabriel?
[18:07] <Thierry> ::Raises as something occurs to him::
[18:07] <Savant> Thierry?
[18:08] <Gabriel> Nope, no other questions.
[18:08] <Thierry> Not to go off on a total tangent, but did we ever get anything else out of Joanna's dear brother?
[18:08] <Savant> nope. You haven't tried anything yet, and he's not talking otherwise.
[18:09] <Savant> Talon HQ is sitting on him awhile, and hoping that time will crack him.
[18:09] <Thierry> Hmm...ok.
[18:09] <Thierry> I'd suggested letting the humanists have a go at him but, ::shrugs:: not our concern now Smile
[18:09] <Savant> cool. Anything further? I think that's all the questions.
[18:09] <Thierry> Nothing further here
[18:10] <Savant> let's begin, then
[18:10] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:10] <Savant> There's a sense of calm today. No morning alarms waking the TAlons up far too early. No sense of hurry. Everyone has had a good night's rest and some good food - well, as good as it gets up here. The training is done, and everyone has done well.
[18:11] <Craig> ::is in the lounge grabbing a cawfee::
[18:12] <Joanna> ::hasn't left her bunk and is apparently not planning to for a bit::
[18:12] <Thierry> ::Sits by a window with a cup of tea staring out a portal at the stars from the lounge, soaking this whole being in space thing in::
[18:12] <Savant> McGuinness, the trainer for visiting Talon teams, is nowhere to be found. His constant oppression over the past week is noticeably absent as well.
[18:12] <Gabriel> ::floats down the transfer tube from where Pathfinder is docked, having completed an inspection of the loading::
[18:13] <Tychon> ::floats by a window in the training node, looking out into the inky darkness, his thoughts given freely to the void so willing to accept them::
[18:13] <Melissa> ::sitting crosslegged on the floor, a small, eight-legged drone in one hand, a paint brush in the other::
[18:13] <Savant> The lounge and barracks that the Talons have been given are adjoined into one long room. Cramped is the operative word for this place - beds are small and in a bunk style, and the small lounge has barely enough room for everyone here. But it's got a little gravity, which helps.
[18:13] <Thierry> ::Takes in a long sniff of his tea and sort of absentmindedly says:: Wow
[18:15] <Gabriel> ::makes the twisting turn at the T-junction like a swimmer, and pushes himself toward the transfer tube to the habitation ring::
[18:16] <Melissa> ::currently has the brush clenched between teeth as she turns the little machine upside down to look at something::
[18:16] <Savant> Tychon is in the Zero-G Dojo, which is currently empty. It's a spherical room with a series of handholds and tether points on the walls. The corridor outside has a few windows, looking out into space and the orange-yellow ball of Zeus which the station orbits
[18:16] <Thierry> ::Looks down at Melissa and her drone and asks in a curious tone:: What are you doing?
[18:16] <Tychon> ::turns away from the window, moving back into the dojo proper, allowing himself to drift from wall to wall::
[18:16] <Joanna> ::rolls -- or tries to. The manevuer's not as successful as she'd hope and she goes rolling into the sleep mesh of her bunk::
[18:17] <Gabriel> ::enters the transfer tube and braces himself against the wall with one foot, using the strap intended for that purpose::
[18:17] <Gabriel> ::hits the button to cycle the tube to match spin with the habitation ring::
[18:17] <Melissa> ::looks up and blinks a couple of times before taking the brush out of her mouth:: Ah...doing some art...but Slinky seems to be unresponsive...bad wire i think
[18:17] <Savant> Sleeping, and living at 0.2 g's is awkward at best. Sleeping is fine but the dreams are always the same - of being underwater. Living is a series of patient, calculated movements.
[18:18] <Savant> Gabriel finds that he needs to maintain his grip as the transfer tube begins to spin about to match with the rotating habitation cyllinder. It's not that many G's, but enough that it could upset someone who wans't prepared.
[18:18] <Thierry> ::Looks curiously at the image on the drone:: Hmm...what is it, the picture I mean
[18:18] <Joanna> ::sighs, but doesn't seem to show any inclination of wanting to come out::
[18:19] <Gabriel> ::waits for the amber light to turn green, then enters the habitation ring::
[18:19] <Melissa> Oh...just trying my hand at making a spider look surprised...not easy
[18:19] <Savant> The Zero-G Dozjo is equipped with a spohisticated system to ease new spacers into life in microgravity, but even the best trideo projectors and programmed training routines can't replace simple practice. Tychon seems to have gotten the hang of it, though.
[18:19] * Prescot has joined #BT05
[18:19] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
[18:19] <Thierry> ::Chuckles:: I suppose not
[18:20] <Gabriel> ::enters BT05's lounge, moving deliberately, more a series of slow hops than actually walking::
[18:21] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[18:21] <Gabriel> ::crosses from the lounge to the barracks, then gives the flap closing Joanna's enclosure a few whaps with two fingers::
[18:22] <Joanna> ::gropes her way back to the "bed"... though what is considered the "bed" isn't really cushioned much. Rolling over to look at the disturbance doesn't help::
[18:22] <Tychon> ::closes his eyes, envisioning himself in Nike's cockpit, and begins using the surfaces of the dojo as if they were thrusters, and his own body that of his gear -- experimentally moving quickly, slowly; attempting to compensate, change direction, and test exactly what he could do::
[18:22] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::enters the zero-gee dojo with what appears to be a very efficient maneuver - he manages to lick the airlock door closed behind him, entering a slow, rolling pirouette as he slides into the room.::
[18:23] <Mem> ::yawns and enters the lounge and grabs a cup of cawfee::
[18:23] <Thierry> ::Sips his not-so-good tea and idlly wonders to himself if they'll have the right stuff on Caprice::
[18:23] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::kick, even. Kick.::
[18:23] <Craig> ::takes his cawfee and slowly makes his way across the floor of the lounge/bunk area::
[18:23] <Joanna> ::stops her movement through the act of jamming out all her limbs for some sort of support::
[18:24] <Tychon> ::hears the new arrival, his eyes snapping open:: Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't realize anyone else would be in here for a while.
[18:24] <Joanna> ::finally notes its Tynes who has interrupted her rest (or lack thereof)::
[18:24] <Thierry> ::Looks back down at Melissa:: Your first time too?
[18:24] <Gabriel> ::whaps the flap on Joanna's enclosure again, the closest he can get to knocking on a soft surface::
[18:25] <Joanna> ::does her best to hold back any sort of negative emotion in her voice:: Sir?
[18:25] <Melissa> ::nods at Thierry:: Yup...first time outside of a simulator
[18:25] <Savant> The other members of Talon 05 are here as well - there's more support staff than the actual team, though not by much. Most of them are in various stages of wakefulness
[18:25] <Birkin> ::grunts softly, moving into the lounge as he seems to be semi unconcious, pondering moving into the dojo himself to simply take a nap in zero gravity::
[18:26] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::looks over, startled by Tychon:: Oh, proph, sorry. You need the dojo for yourself right now?
[18:26] <Gabriel> Corporal, in the Guard, we have a term: sack rat.
[18:26] <Tychon> ::smiles:: Not at all. Be glad of the company.
[18:26] <Thierry> ::Nods in response:: I can't help but get caught up a bit in the beauty of it all. Then again, I never thought I'd be a Talon much less up here on my way to Caprice. Hell, I never thought I'd be a soldier to begin with
[18:26] <Mem> ::heads to the dojo after checking to see where everyone else was::
[18:26] <Gabriel> It means someone who spends far too much time in their bunk, because they're lazy, or because they lack motivation, or because they just don't want to be in the Guard. And I know you're not lazy or unmotivated.
[18:27] <Joanna> Sir, in the CEF, we have a saying too. "You'll sleep when you're dead." And I feel dead. So... ::leaves that the conclusion to him::
[18:27] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::nods and remains floating midair, now tumbling gently towards the opposite wall. After a moment:: You ready for this Caprice thing?
[18:27] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Indeed. So, it's time to ask: do you really want to be here? Because this is your last chance to remain on Terra Nova.
[18:28] <Gabriel> Your attitude of late leaves rather a lot to be desired. Quitting the obstacle course put rather an underline on it. You're going to have setbacks in this job. It's important to see how you react to them.
[18:28] <Gabriel> And to date, you react to them by quitting.
[18:28] <Melissa> ::shrugs slightly:: It is pretty...in a cold way
[18:28] <Tychon> ::shrugs:: I suppose. I don't know that I'll ever really be -ready- for it. Never been off-world before. Least, not like that.
[18:28] <Joanna> ::She sighs. She honestly wished people would stop questioning her committment to the cause. Wasn't getting her ass blasted in the raid bad enough? Wasn't she still HERE?::
[18:29] <Craig> ::passes gabriel and smirks then continues to where melissa and thierry are::
[18:29] <Birkin> ::lays his head down on a table in the lounge, apparently deciding that this good hard table will due for now in terms of sleeping::
[18:29] <Thierry> They say in space noone can hear you scream. Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better
[18:29] <Gabriel> ::reads her like a clock:: You're thinking right now, "I'm here, obviously." And that isn't what I asked. I asked if you wanted to be here.
[18:29] <Joanna> ::still, she was beginning to know better than to let her emotions run wrecklessly around Tynes:: If I'd quit, I would have been gone long ago.
[18:30] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::nods:: I was freakin out for awhile. I think i've got it now, though. Flying up here, it's not anything like the air. Well, not really. Can't read the winds here.
[18:31] <Gabriel> Also not what I asked, Corporal. It's important to the success of our missions that everyone want to be part of this effort. Some days, you do. Other days -- usually after some setback -- you close up.
[18:31] <Tychon> ::nods:: And no ground to skate on. ::grins:: My first experience with the zero-gee pack on Nike was one hell of a trip.
[18:31] <Joanna> ::starting to get frustrated:: And on this day I am just trying to get some rest before we go into the next mission.
[18:31] <Melissa> ::turns the drone over and finished painting two large eyes on it:: Well, that will have to do for now
[18:31] <Gabriel> I acknowledge that you've shown up. Thank you for showing up. Now answer the question: do you want to be here? Prophet! WHY are you here?
[18:32] <Thierry> ::Smiles:: I wish I could be concerned with something so seemingly trivial as paiting a drone
[18:33] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::grins as well:: I'm jealous, you know. You guys get to be a lot cloer to the action, I think. Make more of a difference.
[18:33] <Melissa> ::smiles and shrugs:: Keeps me from having to focus on all the bad stuff that's been going on
[18:33] <Mem> ::frowns and comes back to the lounge::
[18:34] <Joanna> ::fixes Tynes with a stare:: Because if I don't, then I can't call myself much of a human being for letting the CEF continue what they're doing.
[18:34] <Birkin> ::begins to doze off lightly, having been training his butt off the past few weeks and still quite tired::
[18:35] <Thierry> Spend three cycles working a trauma wing in a warzone and what we just went through would just be another day at the office. ::Theirry spoke with a sort of false confidence::
[18:35] <Tychon> ::shrugs:: Maybe, maybe not. Without guys like you, we'd never get there. ::grins:: Everybody's vital when you're a Talon
[18:36] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::leaves a little meeting she's having with the rest of the Talon support team, which seems to have mostly broken up. She's looking smart - clean, new haircut, freshly pressed clothes. That's normal for her though.::
[18:37] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Yeah, still. :pauses:: Do you miss your old Gear? I don't really know what you did before this, mind you. Maybe you didn't have one. I miss my gull. It's strange going out without'er.
[18:37] <Melissa> ::shrugs again:: We're trained to not use violent methods...to avoid violent conflicts. It does happen though...but it never sits well
[18:37] <Gabriel> Thank you, Corporal. But there are a thousand ways you can assist Terra Nova that don't involve direct combat with CEF forces. Caprice is going to be bloody awful, you know. There are nine people on our team, and chances are excellent that before two cycles are out, three of them will be dead.
[18:38] <Gabriel> We're going to be living with setbacks every step of the way. I need to see how people react to them, by continuing to fight on despite horrific odds... or crumpling.
[18:38] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::wanders to Mem, hands him a PDA:: Got you a post-excersize report, Gage. Everyone's done pretty well, I think. Their numbers're here.
[18:38] <Thierry> I was trained not to kill, I was trained to save life not take it. Preserve it, not snuff it out at the end of an autocannon. I wish I could go back home where it was simple sometimes. But, I've a duty here
[18:38] <Tychon> Heh. ::grins at the irony of the question:: Which one? Before the Talons, I was a Gear test pilot. Didn't get a chance to call one my own.
[18:39] <Gabriel> <<two seasons, not two cycles>>
[18:39] <Mem> ::nods at Aggie sleepily::
[18:39] <Mem> Good. Heh, that's good.
[18:40] <Joanna> ::glares at Tynes, sounding incredulous:: And you think that I'm crumbling just because of a few rough weeks of training, instead of the heck I've been through to get to this point?
[18:40] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> mm. ::nods:: Well, i guess you'll get to know this one real well. But these whipsnakes? Ugly, ugly things. Bricks with wings. And Pathfinders' worse. Wish there was air all the way to Caprice.
[18:40] <Gabriel> Eleven Talons have lost their Fury shuttles. Six have lost their Commanding Officers. Three Talons have been crushed entirely.
[18:41] <Gabriel> You fight like you train. Two seasons from now, if things go bad, you don't get to sulk in your bunk. You might not even have a bunk, because the CEF have reduced it to scrap.
[18:41] <Tychon> ::grins:: I hear that. Vacuum's pretty...'til you remember what it can do to you.
[18:41] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::nods and beams:: Peresalona did much, much better than I expected. With the Captain's permission, I'm going to make him primary pilot for the Fury. Unless he'd prefer him in a snake.
[18:41] <Melissa> ::nods:: We all have a duty to perform
[18:42] <Mem> ::nods and holds up the pad:: Sounds good. What about the old pilot?
[18:42] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::finally grabs ahold of a rung on the wall to stall his tumble:: Lookin forward to it, though. I've never had a nuke shot at me before.
[18:42] <Thierry> ::Took out the custom, fancy, pistol at his hip and started rubbing off a spot on it:: Hopefully it'll keep bringing me luck
[18:43] * Birkin has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[18:43] <Gabriel> Your knowledge of CEF tactics is going to be invaluable on Caprice. But you've got to jettison this sense that every set-back is the end of... I don't know. Your career, your life, our mission. Set-backs are part of it.
[18:44] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::grins broadly, hands on her hips. She was usually the pilot:: She'll be fine. Just a little bruised pride is all. Those Peresalonans were always the best pilots in the wastes anyways.
[18:44] <Joanna> Well then I guess we're at an impasse sir. Nothing I'm doing seems to be impressing you, and I've had to work twice as hard just to do what I'm doing today because I didn't have the luxury of gear training or much of anything in special ops. ::her ire starts to surface:: And I suppose being an expert on our enemy has no impact on your thoughts either. How many times have I helped you out even if I couldn't use my other skills?
[18:44] <Tychon> ::the grin gets a little wider:: Sometimes, the absurdity of what we do makes it worthwhile.
[18:45] <Gabriel> ::in a mild tones:: A dozen times or more. How many times have you seen fit to go into a sulk because things didn't happen the way you planned them?
[18:45] <Thierry> ::Leaned back ever so slighlty while still staying in his seat and gets a contemplative look on his face::
[18:45] <Joanna> A sulk. I want to get a little sleep and it becomes a sulk?
[18:46] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::finds himself grinning as well:: You won't have an easy time at the gate either. RAiding an entire space station on your own? Oh man. That's no fun at all.
[18:46] <Mem> ::grins at Aggie:: So what does this make you? Co-pilot?
[18:46] * Prescot has joined #BT05
[18:46] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
[18:46] <Craig> ::sits down with melissa and thierry::doing our duty has it's ups and downs, there were times during our last trip to caprice where things got dicey, just gotta hang in there
[18:47] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Ship's Commander ::beams:: Sounds important, huh? Glorified co-pilot and navigator, really.
[18:47] <Melissa> ::smirks slightly:: I've seen a lot of combat...I should be okay
[18:47] <Gabriel> ::waits for Joanna to answer the question or get her emotions under control, whichever happens first::
[18:47] <Tychon> ::chuckles:: Well, if it were easy, it wouldn't be a job for Talons, I guess. But fun...::shrugs again:: I suppose it's a matter of perspective.
[18:48] <Savant> In the barracks, the others within the Talons' team are beginning to break out more training material - this more tactical. It's holographic maps of the gate region according to the latest intelligence, which they're pondering and making wild conjectures on
[18:48] <Thierry> Hanging in there isn't the problem. Sometimes I question if its all worth it. I know someone thinks I'm good or I wouldn't be here but I wonder if I wouldnt be more useful running a hospital somewhere
[18:49] <Melissa> It's for the greater good...it is worth it
[18:49] <Thierry> I'm a better doctor then a soldier. Hell, I'm a better tennis player then a solider
[18:49] <Joanna> As for when something I've planned has gone wrong? It happens.
[18:50] <Mem> Nah, not important. ::grins:: But well earned.
[18:50] <Gabriel> I agree. But your natural reaction when it happens is to crumple. I had to endure more than a week of it when I ordered you off the first attempt to capture your brother.
[18:50] <Gabriel> You seem to be building back to that level because of a training exercise.
[18:50] <Mem> ::offers a hand to Lemnos:: Grats.
[18:50] <Joanna> ::eyeroll:: Funny. I seem to remember you eventually HAD to use me to capture him, just like I suggested in the first place.
[18:50] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Yeah, true. ::Pauses a bit before coiling up and launching himself across the room in a complex sort of spin. He's trying to come to terms with how a moving body works in space, and seems to have gotten the hang of it:: We should do okay. We've got good people. Though I bet they're preparing for a counter-attack.
[18:51] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::shakes Mem's hand:: Thanks. It's almost like retirement, right?
[18:51] * Prescot has quit IRC (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Birkin)))
[18:52] <Mem> Uhhh. I don't think so. ::grins::
[18:52] * Prescot has joined #BT05
[18:52] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
[18:52] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[18:52] <Gabriel> Indeed, because I had no choice. I had to assume you'd been spotted in the car. It's not a decision that I was happy with, but given a set-back, I responded as best I could with the conditions that existed.
[18:53] <Tychon> ::nods:: I tend to leave the strategic planning to our CO. But one can't really help thinking about it...I don't know. I always kind of wondered what our long-term objective is. To make the CEF think it costs too much to bother with us? ::frowns a little::
[18:53] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Well, shit. ::grins:: You ready to go on this thing? Your team, I mean.
[18:53] <Thierry> ::Chugs down the rest of his tea not wanting to endure the slow torture of sipping it::
[18:53] <Mem> I think so. A few rooks.
[18:54] <Mem> But we have the motivation. I know I do.
[18:55] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::rolls on his shoulder on the opposite side of the room, using his legs to springboard himself back into another direction:: Eh, I don't know. It worries me, you know? I mean, evnetually we want to bring the fight to Earth, right? Land actual armies on Caprice, kick the Earthers out, then put the screws on Earth. . . do you think we can really do that?
[18:55] <Melissa> ::sits up and goes to get a drink::
[18:55] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Yeah... ::then a pause before she ontinues with a bit more of a quiet tone:: How you doing?
[18:56] <Thierry> ::Looks at Craig looking for a response
[18:56] <Mem> Who, me?
[18:56] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::nods::
[18:56] <Joanna> ::mutters:: Crumbling. What a load of... what's that phrase you people use? Springer dung?
[18:56] <Craig> ::to thierry:: out last doctor was a good soldier, i'm sure you'll turn out to be one as well
[18:57] <Mem> Fine. Better when I know I'm doing something that will make the sons of bitches pay for ever thinking about coming back here.
[18:57] <Tychon> ::frowns:: We've got too few numbers, I think. Unless we get a huge swath of defectors and materiel and the like. We might be able to instigate it. But to pull it all off ourselves? Seems kind of...::lets the comment trail off, allowing Jeremi to fill in whatever appropriate word he chooses::
[18:57] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::grins, though there's a hint of sadness to it:: That's the spirit. S'why I'm here.
[18:58] <Thierry> ::Looks down at his collar and looks back up:: Well, there were some back in toledo that wanted to put some bars on those. They wanted to recall me and stick me in Officer training.
[18:58] <Thierry> Still...I dunno.
[18:58] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::grins as he floats through the air:: Impossible? Yeah. But I bet there are plenty of others willing to fight - on CAprice and other colonies, too. The Liberati for sure, but I bet even some of the corporates would join sides.
[18:59] <Joanna> ::firmly:: I don't crumble. I get upset, but I don't back down and start crying like some hysterical bitch.
[19:00] <Tychon> ::nods:: If we can amass a bunch of support, it might be...doable. But that's a hell of a long way off, I think.
[19:00] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::catches a rail near Tychon and adds:: Yeah, this strikes me as a war that our children're gonna finish. :a long pause:: Man, that's depressing.
[19:01] <Melissa> ::gets a soda and shrugs:: Officer...lots of responsibility...if you're up to it, I say go for it
[19:01] <Tychon> ::grins:: On the bright side, least we can think about having children. As opposed to expecting to never have a next generation. -That'd- be depressing.
[19:01] <Gabriel> Very well, Corporal. Follow me, please. ::turns and heads back toward the lounge::
[19:02] <Thierry> I'd like to. Have to leave the talons to do it though
[19:02] <Joanna> ::mutters something about how hovertankers are never given a chance to sleep as she undoes the mesh around her bunk and goes to follow Tynes::
[19:02] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Hah! Yeah, i've got a girl back at PEresalona. Said i'd marry her when I came back. She's worried sick.
[19:02] <Mem> Well, when we get back, we'll celebrate the banishment of Earth from our solar system. I don't want to come back if they can.
[19:03] <Gabriel> ::hops back to the transfer tube to the docking node and waits for Joanna to enter it::
[19:03] <Melissa> Maybe they'll grant the promotion?
[19:03] <Joanna> ::maneuvers in next to him::
[19:03] <Tychon> ::grins:: She pretty? ::knows it's a silly question -- of course she is, to the man who wants little more than to see her again::
[19:04] <Gabriel> ::closes the tube and cycles it for a return to the zero-G portion of the station::
[19:04] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::grunts:: That won't be easy. ME, I'd like to see Tynes or Gotah line up a raid on Earth itself. The big mother Springer of'em all. Show'em that they aren't safe *anywhere*.
[19:04] <Thierry> ::Shakes his head:: Not likely with out sitting in a class room for a couple seasons. Hell, they don't even seem to want to give me a chevron at the moment
[19:04] <Craig> well being on the talons is good experience, and it shouldn't be too hard to get into a unit, anyone would want to have a talon on their team i bet
[19:05] <Savant> The Zero-G portion of the station is, in effect, a long cyllinder around which the torus rotates. There are rooms and areas surrounding it, but there's one long central corridor for transit to the various areas
[19:06] <Gabriel> ::exits the transfer tube when the light changes, and pushes off back toward the docking node::
[19:06] <Thierry> Its not so easy in a badlands militia. Heck, they'd barely heard of the Talons when that recruitment team came calling. And that was because I got lucky in one mission.
[19:06] <Joanna> ::follows along, and true to form she pushes off so she's a little faster than he is::
[19:06] <Mem> ::grins at Aggie:: That's kinda what I was thinking, too.
[19:06] <Birkin> ::grumbles apparently unable to sleep well here in the briefing room he gets up and pulls out a small pad he had with him, the observant would see the title "Oppenheimer's Legacy"::
[19:07] <Gabriel> ::again, mildly:: Right turn at the tunnel, Corporal. The Baden. ::waits to see if Joanna will be able to negotiate the turn at that speed::
[19:08] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Oh, man, is she ever. ::positively gushes:: She's a cute little redhead. Great with a kite - she's running a local courier route with the second flight back home. ::grins a goofy grin::
[19:08] <Tychon> ::grins:: Redhead, huh? Lucky guy.
[19:09] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::nods:: You think we could? You're the one he listens to, you know. You're *his* Lieutenant. I bet if we got a good enough case we could try a run through Portal and to Sol.
[19:09] <Gabriel> ::makes a much more leisurely turn and approaches the Baden airlock::
[19:10] <Gabriel> ::nods at the duty officer:: 'morning, Ranger. We're going to need two suits, two rippers, and two grapple guns.
[19:10] <Joanna> ::reaches out with a hand and catches the handhold, which sends her into a backwards somersault... she just manages to avoid letting go and absorbs the shock of the landing with her legs::
[19:10] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> You don't know the *half* of it.
[19:10] <Birkin> ::advances the page a bit on his pad, paying close attention to the various details he's seeing, the half life's and the isotope's he'll need::
[19:10] <Savant> Ranger> ::Nods:: Captain. Corporal. Lockers're stocked, over there ::points::
[19:11] <Tychon> ::chuckles:: Been a while since I've even had time to think about spending time with somebody. Talon training, then getting sick, then the launching of this new campaign...
[19:11] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Thank you, Ranger. Give us six minutes, then pull the airlock back from Baden 20 meters.
[19:11] <Joanna> You going to tell me what the deal is? ::goes over to the lockers anyway::
[19:11] <Gabriel> ::heads for a locker:: Corporal, let's take a walk.
[19:11] <Thierry> ::Gets a weird look on his face when he realized something:: You know, the reason I'm a Talon, well, we killed them after I became one. Before that I was some smart rich kid playing gear jockey. Now...its like I'm some sort of hero or something
[19:12] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> I hear the Liberati girls can be pretty cute. ::then a pause:: Yeah, what was that sickness all about, anyways? I heard about it. That bad, huh?
[19:12] <Joanna> With rippers?
[19:12] * Cody has joined #bt05
[19:12] <Savant> Ranger> ::is momentarily doubtful, but then checks a few things and nods:: Aye, Captain.
[19:13] <Gabriel> ::pulls on the various portions of the suit, save the helmet:: If need be.
[19:13] <Joanna> ::suits up:: For what?
[19:15] <Craig> ::shakes head:: i don't want to think of myself as a hero, at least not yet, rather wait till the job is done first
[19:15] <Gabriel> ::doesn't answer and waits for Joanna to finish suiting up, seating his helmet, then twisting it into place::
[19:15] <Tychon> ::nods:: Not my most favorite experience, no. Theban Plague. Hit a lot of the alliance. Pretty rough thing. I'm pretty lucky to have gotten through it, I hear.
[19:15] <Mem> ::looks at Aggie:: Listen to me? Tynes?
[19:15] <Mem> Heh, I don't think we're that far along yet, or ever will be.
[19:16] <Mem> But we'll see. ::shrugs:: Gotah, on the other hand, I have a rapport with.
[19:16] <Thierry> Still, I wonder whether I should even be here.
[19:16] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Ech. Right, humanist. Well, glad you made it through, huh.
[19:17] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Well, there you go. Put the gears on him, get him to do a transit through Portal, then hit up Terra. We could learn a *lot* by doing that.
[19:18] <Mem> We could learn, sure, but would we be able to bring it back with us? Alive?
[19:19] <Joanna> ::apparently never quite got the hang of suiting up during training... she's forgotten something.::
[19:19] <Tychon> ::smiles:: Thanks. Least I can't get it again.
[19:19] <Gabriel> ::notes that Joanna's gloves aren't sealed properly, but doesn't say a word, and instead, voids the air from the airlock in a 60 second cycle::
[19:19] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::shrugs and mutters:: don't care, really. I think the psychological impact of hitting Earth itself is worth the risk. Everythign else is candy.
[19:19] <Gabriel> +com+ You see, Corporal. We have to be able to count on each other. You, on me. Me, on you.
[19:20] <Savant> The air begins to vent from the airlock, and Joanna's ears immediately pop.
[19:20] <Gabriel> ::grabs Joanna's left hand and properly sets her left glove and locks it::
[19:20] <Thierry> ::Takes a deep breath and waits to see if anyone says anything::
[19:20] <Gabriel> +com+ If I can't count on you, mission fails. If you can't count on me, mission fails.
[19:20] <Mem> ::pauses a moment:: I think it's worth the risk, too. I've always thought hitting them so deep they reconsider their priorities.
[19:21] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> When you're in a fight, you kick'em in the crotch. Right.
[19:21] <Joanna> ::has issues breathing until her suit repressurizes::
[19:21] <Gabriel> +com+ And if you're going to go all to pieces every time I tell you something you don't want to hear, or every time I try to offer some constructive criticism, I can't count on you.
[19:22] <Gabriel> +com+ You'll make mistakes. I'll make mistakes. We'll have setbacks. But it's important... how you react.
[19:22] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Yeah. ::nods, an awkward sort of silence. Jeremi figured that Tychon probably lost family to the Blight, and didn't want to venture there. So he changes topics:: Probably should get back. Bet that the Captain's got a briefing going on or something.
[19:22] <Gabriel> ::cycles the airlock door::
[19:23] <Gabriel> ::pulls a ripper and a grapple gun from the locker::
[19:23] <Tychon> ::looks around the dojo for a chronometer:: Oh, yeah. Man, that's another thing I won't get used to out here -- the lack of daytime.
[19:23] <Joanna> ::doesn't. say. a. word. Just grabs a ripper and grapple gun::
[19:23] <Savant> Gabriel and Joanna are admitted to the dark, pressureless airlock of the CEF destroyer here abandoned so many cycles ago. Joanna recognizes the design immediately, as one of the ships from several centuries ago, during the first period of the Human Concordat.
[19:24] <Craig> ::looks at thierry:: something wrong? your face is starting to turn blue
[19:24] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::twists and pops open the door to the corridor-tube:: Yeah. No daylight. Won't get used to that anytime soon. Loki's a pretty weak star, too. Caprice doesn't get much light.
[19:25] <Tychon> ::pushes off his perch and sails over to where Jeremi has the door open:: Oh well. We'll always have Thebes.
[19:25] <Tychon> ::grins::
[19:25] <Thierry> I dunno. There's just a part of me that doesn't feel like I belong in this uniform.
[19:25] <Gabriel> ::uses the blunt end of the ripper to push himself off toward the ship:: Outside, Corporal. I'd like to have a last look. ::waves the other end of the ripper toward Terra Nova::
[19:26] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::Smirks and heads into the more brightly lit corridor with Tychon::
[19:26] <Joanna> ::pushes off slightly, not wanting to drift too far away::
[19:27] <Tychon> ::"dances" off of opposing walls::
[19:27] <Gabriel> ::fires the grapple gun at a handhold projection forward::
[19:27] <Savant> Outside, space is confines to a narrow strip between two walls of metal - the station and the destroyer. The bright blaze of Helios is visible through auto-polarizing lenses.
[19:27] <Craig> thats something you'll have to answer yourself, talon HQ must have felt you'd be able to contribute or else they wouldn't have recruited you
[19:28] <Gabriel> ::sets the grapple, then gives himself a pull in that direction::
[19:28] <Joanna> ::as Tynes didn't order her along, she holds her ground::
[19:28] <Thierry> ::Looks at Craig with that "do you know what you're talking about" look :: Do you know how I got here?
[19:28] <Savant> Inside, Tychon and Jeremi make it to the elevator heading to the hab torus. The station is busy, but very muted at the same time - everyone's too busy to talk most of the time, here.
[19:29] <Gabriel> ::still mildly:: +com+ Come along, Corporal. I want you to see what you're fighting for.
[19:29] <Joanna> ::sights a protrusion she can grapple to and fires::
[19:29] <Gabriel> ::reaches the first handhold and collects his grapple, retracting the tether and keeping his momentum toward the front of the ship::
[19:30] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::comments as the elevator takes them "up" to the hab modules:: Nice to be done with this training. Almost a cycle of it for me.It's just too much.
[19:31] <Craig> ::shakes head:: i'm not familiar with the details
[19:31] <Tychon> ::raises an eyebrow:: Almost a cycle? Ouch.
[19:31] <Thierry> ::Sighs:: Remember the Bloody 12?
[19:31] <Joanna> ::manages to get a solid-enough latch-on to reel herself in::
[19:31] <Craig> ::nods::
[19:32] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::grins:: Yeah. You guys're space rookies by comparison. Though I'm no spacer yet. Gimme a few more cycles, and maybe.
[19:32] <Gabriel> ::as he approaches the bridge, uses the ripper against a projecting antenna to give himself a slow horizontal spin::
[19:32] <Savant> Tychon and Jeremi enter the Talon 05 barracks. Almost everyone is here.
[19:32] <Joanna> ::inwardly, she's half-tempted to hit him with the ripper. The man's gall is amazing::
[19:33] <Thierry> Well, my squadron was responding to an attack by them on a convoy. They appeared to be retreating and I was sent by myself to see to the wounded while the others went off in pursuit. I was off looking for this little girl, Wren when they snuck up behind us. Four of them.
[19:33] <Tychon> ::grins:: Don't really plan to become a 'spacer.'
[19:33] <Gabriel> ::when his spin reaches 180 degrees, fires the grapple again to hit the antenna to cancel out his momentum::
[19:34] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> I do. Gonna have to if I'm gonna fly up here. No wind to read, so i'm gonna have to be able to read... huh. The vapours? Something like that.
[19:35] <Thierry> ::Sighs and continues:: I instinctively ran for my Jag and fought off a few of them, saving the girl and the rest of the convoy while the rest of the Springers got slaughtered. It so happened Wren's father was close friends with Gotah. The next day I got this and a visit from talon recruiters ::Pulls a cross shaped medal out of his pocket with the TDF insignia on it::
[19:35] <Gabriel> ::attaches the grapple gun to his belt to stay tethered to the ship, then uses his leverage to point himself at Terra Nova::
[19:35] <Tychon> ::grins:: The solar winds?
[19:35] <Joanna> ::releases the grapple and reels it in, then aims for a spot that should alter her angle to touch down on a sloped protrution from the hull, walking down it like a plane landing::
[19:37] <Craig> ::nods:: well maybe thats why you're here
[19:37] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Heh! Yeah, I guess. Not really much to get any lift on, though.
[19:38] <Joanna> ::reels in the tether slowly, making her landing spot... as she passes the grapple, she lets the winch unwind slower and slower, using it as a brake::
[19:38] <Gabriel> ::is content to stare at Terra Nova while waiting for Joanna to catch up::
[19:39] <Thierry> Because of a couple lucky shots and some rovers with bad aim? That's enough to put an the hopes of all Terra Nova on someone? I'm some two bit gear jockey who got lucky one day who never should have been put in a gear to begin with.
[19:39] <Tychon> ::nods:: I suppose that's true.
[19:39] <Savant> Terra Nova is a distant yellowy speck in the sky. From this vantage point the huge ball of yellowy gasses that makes up the super-giant Zeus is far closer. However, along the arc which Zeus, Terra Nova and Helios share, the little dusty planet is visible between them.
[19:39] <Joanna> ::leaves the grapple attached to the hull and waits::
[19:40] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::sits on his bed and opens up his bag, digging through for a moment before taking out his wallet. He pulls out a photograph for Tychon to see. His fiancee, obviously::
[19:41] <Tychon> ::takes the photograph and looks at it:: Wow. You weren't kidding. ::grins::
[19:41] <Gabriel> ::finally:: +com+ So, you're fighting the CEF only because not to do so would be unacceptable? That's your reason?
[19:42] <Joanna> +com+ I'm fighting them to stop them and make them see that what they're doing is wrong.
[19:42] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::his face readopts that goofy grin:: Nope. Can't believe i'm stupid enough to be leaving her behind for a few seasons.
[19:43] <Gabriel> +com+ You're never going to be able to do that, Corporal. You couldn't even convince your own brother. That what's bothering you?
[19:43] <Tychon> ::shrugs, handing the photo back after one more look:: I dunno, you're fighting to protect a future for her, right? Makes sense to me.
[19:44] <Craig> ::shrugs:: i never had any skill with a gear when i was recruited into the talons, i was always content to holding a pillbox or riding in a light armored truck, but somone thought i'd make a good talon so here i am, i still haven't figured out what caught their attention but i'm guessing your actions to save a person was more than enough
[19:44] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Yeah, when you put it that way ::takes the photo back, looks at it for a few moments, then puts it away::
[19:44] <Joanna> +com+ The only thing bothering me right now is you, sir. I seem to even manage to get along with Roland these days but never you.
[19:45] <Thierry> ::Shrugs and continues to stare out the window, saying nothing, clearly deep in thought::
[19:45] <Tychon> ::wags his head back and forth in a sort of 'eh, so' motion:: You kind of have to think of things in the best way to do this stuff, y'know? ::grins:: Try to tell your own story, I guess, with you as the protagonist.
[19:46] <Gabriel> +com+ It isn't your job to get along with me, Corporal. It's definitely not my job to be your friend. It's my job to finish the missions we're assigned, bringing as many people back alive as I can while inflicting maximum possible damage on the enemy.
[19:47] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Oh, man. I'd make a terrible story. ::laughs:: I hope it's just starting, if that's the case, cause the first few chapters've been boring as hell.
[19:49] <Tychon> ::grins:: Story lasts as long as you do. So, in that case, I certainly hope -all- our stories are still just starting.
[19:49] <Thierry> I guess its just fate then. I just wish it paid a bit better.
[19:49] <Joanna> +com+ Then it's a good thing you have me along. I can help you find out where to hit them, how to hit them. Right?
[19:50] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::looks about at the others:: Yeah, no doubt. We'll see, huh? I guess it's naieve tot hink that we'll all make it out, but i don't want to start placing odds or anything.
[19:50] * Cody has left #bt05
[19:50] <Tychon> ::nods:: That's a little morbid, yeah.
[19:51] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::grins:: Uncle Olim likes doing that. Annoys the heck out of everyone on his flight.
[19:51] * Melissa has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[19:51] <Gabriel> +com+ If I can count on you, yes. When things are going well, I think I can. When things are going poorly, I'm not so sure.
[19:54] <Tychon> ::nods:: I've always kind of thought that you just...don't really think about failing, and you don't.
[19:54] <Joanna> +com+ ::snorts:: Going poorly? You mean like back in the cave, when Roland was out on his own with everyone too far behind to help him much and I dove into the fight to help him?
[19:54] <Gabriel> +com+ No, I mean when you reject your brother, or accidentally kill a woman in a car chase.
[19:55] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::nods, sitting back on his bunk:: Yeah, I agree. It's really the only way to do it. When I'm flying, I'm not even thinking about flying. It's like breathing. I want to get like that in space before we go.
[19:55] <Thierry> ::Grunts slightly and then pulls him self out of the chair and starts the delicate process of making it over to his bunk in a sort of huff::
[19:56] <Joanna> +com+ ::A beat:: My brother chose his path. And I still regret that *man* ::emphasizing his mistake:: dying, but I did everything that was in my power to help him.
[19:56] <Tychon> ::nods:: It just kind of happens. It's a little trance-like. ::grins, this one adopting a sort of goofiness like Jeremi's earlier one::
[19:57] <Joanna> +com+ You want to question my determination when life hands me he chushen zajiao de zanghuo? I'm out here fighting because the CEF is wrong but I'm also going to fight so that man's death means something, and that the sacrifices I've made the cause mean something.
[19:58] <Thierry> ::Floats past Tychon and Jermei, pulling himself into his bunk, putting up the mesh, and pulling out the PDA in which he kept his personal journal
[19:59] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Yeah. ::grins as well:: When you're going into a shallow barrel roll at ten thousand meters and everything starts spinning? Oh man, it's like the whole world stops.
[19:59] <Thierry> ::Sits up in his enclosure and starts scribbling with the stylus::
[20:02] <Gabriel> ::doesn't respond::
[20:06] <Gabriel> ::waits to see if Joanna's gonna add anything else, then decides that she isn't:: +com+ That'll be all, Corporal.
[20:07] <Joanna> ::undoes the grapple and fires it back towards the station, but can't resist the parting shot:: +com+ Enjoy the view sir. At least you have every possibility of one day going home.
[20:10] <Gabriel> ::doesn't answer, but instead stares down at that tiny golden light, wondering how many graves there are on that planet filled with bitter people who fought only for vengeance, Micheline Benawir in particular::
[20:11] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[20:11] <Savant> that seemed a good place to pause it. It was sort of tapering off, you could say
[20:11] <Savant> that being said, i think that was a pretty good sim. Some people got some fun scenes, and everyone explored their characters a little bit.
[20:11] <Savant> Any comments or questions to make?
[20:11] <Thierry> yup, though I'd be open to an aftersim if anyone else is interested.
[20:12] <Thierry> I'd personally like to see someone else take a run at Thierry
[20:13] <Gabriel> Nope, good character sim. Smile
[20:13] <Savant> i agree. And i'll leave the room open to aftersimming, of course, but it looks like most people are about done
[20:14] <Thierry> Come now, Gabe wouldn't have anything to say since Theirry's been making noises like that since they got up there Smile
[20:14] <Savant> so, would anyone like some experience points?
[20:14] <Gabriel> Yes, please. Wink
[20:14] <Thierry> Na, but I'll take em anyway Smile
[20:15] <Gabriel> I'll take Thierry's. Wink
[20:15] <Thierry> Uh, no
[20:15] <Craig> hehe
[20:15] <Savant> two for the show. Do you think you operated well as a team? that doesn't make much sense for this game. Let's change that up with "do you think you roleplayed your character well?"
[20:16] <Joanna> I'd answer but I'm apparently in the minority Razz
[20:16] <Thierry> Fer sure Smile Hadn't gotten to develop Thierry like that in sim...well ever
[20:16] <Gabriel> Absolutely, I think. Smile
[20:17] <Tychon> I do. Had lots of fun.
[20:17] <Savant> i agree. That's three. Did anyone make any advancement of the storyline today?
[20:17] <Craig> probably not hehe
[20:17] <Thierry> Well, the ever continuing Gabe/Joanna storyline
[20:18] <Craig> well thats true
[20:18] <Thierry> Personal storylines sure. Overall, not much
[20:18] <Tychon> I think so, weirdly.
[20:18] <Tychon> The whole long-term chatting and such.
[20:18] <Savant> i mean the main storyline. How do you think it advanced today, Tychon?
[20:19] <Tychon> The whole long-term chatting and such with Jeremi. Talking about where things are going to go long-term.
[20:19] <Tychon> ...redundant, much? Wink
[20:19] <Savant> That's more inter-character stuff, I really dont' think the main story was advanced much today. We're still in a holding pattern for next week. But that's cool. I think this was needed.
[20:19] <Savant> heh
[20:19] <Tychon> ::nods::
[20:20] <Savant> so, three. No combats or anything to give bonuses. I'll make it 4 if you can tell me a comment you have of the character above you on the sim list.
[20:20] <Savant> something you like about their character, something you would like to see happen, that sort of thing
[20:20] <Joanna> Colin, you don't wanna hear my comments.
[20:20] <Joanna> That's just a baaad pairing.
[20:20] <Craig> lol
[20:20] <Savant> alright. Let's do it downwards then ^_-
[20:21] <Gabriel> Craig needs to do something JM-worthy to really establish himself as BT05's chief tech.
[20:21] <Joanna> Mem: Hands off my woman biatch Wink
[20:21] <Gabriel> Either something goofy, or something technically brilliant.
[20:21] <Mem> Your woman?
[20:21] <Mem> :O
[20:21] * Savant agrees with Gabriel, totally.
[20:21] <Savant> apparently Joanna thinks that Mem was hitting on Agnes.
[20:21] <Joanna> Nah, that was a goofy comment of mine Smile
[20:21] <Savant> hee
[20:21] <Mem> Isn't Aggie pretty old?
[20:21] <Thierry> Hmmm, well, I'd like to see Theirry chat up more of the team, especially people like Tychon whom he hasn't really met
[20:22] <Savant> about as old as Tynes.
[20:22] <Gabriel> Joanna needs to get herself a red light saber and maybe some black and red face make-up and four or five horns and get it over with. Wink
[20:22] * Birkin has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[20:22] <Thierry> Must say I liked the interplay with Jermei.
[20:22] <Savant> more roleplaying opportunity for Theirry, okay. I'll set up some time, you set up the situations.
[20:23] <Savant> be nice, Jester, she's a deeper character than that. You're just cutting her off at the knees there ^_-
[20:23] <Savant> ::rimshot::
[20:23] <Thierry> And I will say Den, I like the idea that you're sticking to your guns and really playing Joanna as she should be. Yeah, its frustrating at times, but I like her
[20:23] <Gabriel> Heh.
[20:23] <Joanna> I'm wondering what Mem really thinks Earth has in the way of defenses between Caprice and Terra. Smile
[20:23] <Craig> birkin needs to get the moonshine flowin, i can see us turning into a combat version of the 4077 one day:)
[20:23] <Tychon> Yeah, I'll chime-in on that. Tychon needs to interact more with Thierry, 'cause they haven't spoken at all, that I know of.
[20:24] <Thierry> That's why was chatting up Melissa at first
[20:24] <Savant> you now know some of the interactions that your fellow players are interested in. Make'm happen ^_-
[20:24] <Thierry> ::Is waiting for a comment from Brad about Thierry Smile ::
[20:24] <Joanna> That said, I think it'd be interesting for him and Aggie to come up with a plan.
[20:25] <Savant> not sure if Brad's here right now.
[20:25] <Savant> and yeah, that's definately something to look at - the feasibility of hitting Earth. That sounds fun to me.
[20:25] <Savant> four experience points and my blessing. Good game, guys. Next week we bust some Earther heads and expose you all to some disgusting risks.
[20:25] <Gabriel> Doolittle raid. Problem is, there's no China on the other side of Earth to land on yet.
[20:25] <Thierry> Joy Smile
[20:25] <Savant> Be prepared with a new character concept. I'm taking off the gloves ^_-
[20:26] <Savant> well done, all.
[20:26] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[20:15:51] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[20:16:09] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[20:16:11] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[20:16:12] * Farrell is now known as Joanna
[20:16:14] <Joanna> ::Attn::
[20:16:57] <Savant> well, this'll be fun ^_-
[20:17:16] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[20:17:19] <Birkin> ::attn::
[20:19:05] <Savant> well, looks like ou guys get the fun tonight
[20:19:23] <Savant> they can join in when they join in ^_-
[20:19:37] * Brad is now known as Mem
[20:19:48] <Savant> Baiting the Tiger
[20:19:48] <Savant> 07 Summer TN, 1100h - Late Morning
[20:19:48] <Savant> TN3 Tannhauser Anomaly, Loki system
[20:19:48] <Savant> -231 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[20:19:48] <Savant> The time for training is done and the task is at hand. The Talons have begun their raid upon the CEF installations on the other side of the Gate in earnest.
[20:19:49] <Savant> Battle is upon you! The Talons have spent the last hour in an exhaustnig and nerve-wracking game of cat-and-mouse with a swarm of drones and two CEF cruisers as they make their approach from the Gate to the station. The pain-staking stillness was punctured only by low rumbles as the Fury vibrated from nearby nuclear explosions until just recently.
[20:19:54] <Savant> And then for war. Jeremi Peresalona has proven his skill against all odds by driving Talon 05 straight through the heart of the CEF formation and to the Helios transit station. Rockets rippled to make an entrance in one of the central docking bays, near the core. And in goes Captain Tynes and his team
[20:19:57] <Savant> Recover as much data as you can from the labs! Capture or kill the station commanders before they can escape! Visit revenge upon the infidels for the decimation of Lyonesse! For Terra Nova and Glory!
[20:20:01] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[20:20:09] * Thierry (~dagent145@ip68-230-200-206.rd.hr.cox.net) has joined #bt05
[20:20:09] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Thierry
[20:20:25] <Birkin> ack
[20:20:26] <Gabriel> ack
[20:20:28] * dakabn (~lcox@doc-24-32-90-161.cabot.ar.cebridge.net) has joined #bt05
[20:20:28] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[20:20:29] * CavScout (~moonwolf@cpe-66-27-82-93.san.res.rr.com) has joined #bt05
[20:20:30] <Joanna> ack
[20:20:41] <Savant> and i'm ready for questions.
[20:20:51] <Mem> ack
[20:20:53] <Thierry> ack
[20:22:13] <Joanna> ::raises::
[20:22:19] <Gabriel> None here.
[20:22:33] <Savant> Joanna?
[20:22:36] <Joanna> Did any of you just hear the FedNet theme from Starship Troopers? I swear I did. Smile
[20:23:13] <Thierry> ::Raises and looks at Rosss::
[20:23:19] <Savant> Thierry?
[20:23:38] <Savant> And yeah, Starship Troopers is a good option for the night ^_-
[20:23:51] <Savant> also, hello to our guests
[20:23:56] <Thierry> Will the CAWS ne snipered?
[20:24:10] <Gabriel> Nope.
[20:24:20] <Savant> at present, no. That's a modification you can work on if you want, though.
[20:24:38] <Gabriel> Oh wait. ::raises::
[20:24:50] <Savant> Gabriel?
[20:24:53] <Gabriel> Hex size?
[20:25:00] <Savant> five meters per ehx
[20:25:12] <Savant> and that's a good point. We're playing on skirmish scale tonight, folks.
[20:25:24] <Joanna> So 1 MP still 1 hex?
[20:25:26] <Savant> Weapon ranges are x10. Turns are 6 seconds long.
[20:25:33] <Savant> 1 MP = 1 Hex
[20:25:42] <Savant> also, as you may have noticed rom the description, you're in space.
[20:25:43] <Gabriel> ::nods:: 40 hexes to get to long range on the FGC. Don't think you would use a snipered one if you had it. Wink
[20:26:08] <Savant> we will be using the space movement system, unless you're in a Gear - Gears may use Walker if they so choose.
[20:26:28] <Mem> So we have mini thruster packs?
[20:26:43] <Savant> also, a note about the map - there are big doors and small doors. Gears cannot go through small doors.
[20:26:49] <Savant> yes, Mem. MMU's.
[20:26:54] <Gabriel> Yes, MMUs. 6 MPs per turn maximum, 60 BPs.
[20:26:57] <Savant> you will need vector markers.
[20:27:01] <Gabriel> ::raises:: Sorry, one more question.
[20:27:06] <Savant> Gabriel?
[20:27:35] <Gabriel> If we're drifting along at 5 MP in our MMUs, are we gonna count as stationary (per the space rules) or as walking (per the infantry rules)?
[20:27:48] <Gabriel> For defense purposes and the like.
[20:28:13] * HotSake|AFK (HotSake@c-76-18-85-148.hsd1.nm.comcast.net) has left #bt05
[20:28:22] * HotSake (HotSake@c-76-18-85-148.hsd1.nm.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
[20:28:42] <Savant> very good question. For the time being, i'm going to apply the asme rules as in vehicles - it's the number of burn points spent. However, that may be changed after the game. I'm only deciding this for expediency, as i've never actuall had infantry in space so far ^_^
[20:28:51] <Savant> good question.
[20:29:10] <Gabriel> So if we shoot while drifting along, we shoot with the stationary bonus?
[20:29:16] <Mem> Really? All your years and never once? Wink
[20:29:33] <Savant> yes, Gabriel. Also yes, Mem. Surprisnigly, most people don't like to fight in space. They're afraid of being hit ^_-
[20:29:53] <Gabriel> OK, I'm good.
[20:29:54] <Savant> any further questions?
[20:30:05] <Savant> let's do this thing.
[20:30:10] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[20:30:37] <Gabriel> +com+ OK, people, coming up on the outer airlock. This is it.
[20:30:54] <Savant> Teh station is dim and the lights are flickering, but there's efinately life inside. Sensors ar readnig heat on the opposite side of the large airlock doors. As for the bay itself, it's ostly empty- the Station long ago emptied its drone racks.
[20:32:04] <Thierry> ::Gently manuvers Wren into position:: Ready girl?
[20:32:32] <Joanna> ::treads forward with the others::
[20:32:35] <Savant> There's no signs of attackers here - hough a camera eye in the corner is watching the team as they enter from the gutted bay. Further back, near the gaping entrance hole, Pathfinder herself sits, chain gnus spinning in anticipation
[20:32:39] <Mem> ::floats there a moment, looking around::
[20:33:04] <Gabriel> ::grasps the pallet with one hand and holds a gyroc rifle with the other:: +com+ OK, pallet pushers, let's get this thing moving. ::applies thrust from his MMU:: +com+ Roland, take out that camera.
[20:34:37] <Gabriel> Roland> ::puts a quick burst on the camera::
[20:35:54] <Savant> Gettign the clue, the PAhfinders' gnus splay out, snappnig off shots at anything else that could possibly be construed as a camera. Shrapnel spirals in lazy arcs about the bay
[20:36:50] <Savant> Ten seconds have passed since the Talons disembarked from their craft
[20:37:28] <Thierry> ::Settled Wren in on the deck and magnitized the feet:: +Com+ Locked down and ready to rumble
[20:37:29] <Gabriel> +com+ Wren, get moving. Gears, cover the door.
[20:37:40] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, you're on. Hack us in.
[20:37:44] <Joanna> +com+ Rog
[20:38:08] <Gabriel> Roland and Nik> ::walk to a stop near the door::
[20:38:09] <Joanna> ::clomps up on feet to a position on the left of the door::
[20:38:13] <Mem> +com+ Right. Mind if I blow the reactor while I'm there?
[20:38:24] <Savant> At the far end of the bay lay a large airlock - clearly large enough for a Gear - or a Battle Frame - to walk through. It's sealed.
[20:38:24] <Mem> ::accelerates and then coasts to the door::
[20:39:09] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger ::Moves up into position::
[20:39:47] <Gabriel> +com+ Yes, I'd mind quite a bit actually. Mind on the mission, Lieutenant.
[20:39:56] <Savant> Gotah> +com+ We're inside. Report.
[20:40:28] <Thierry> ::Breathes in deeply and waits for instructions::
[20:40:47] <Savant> Twenty seconds or so have passed.
[20:41:12] <Gabriel> +com+ Commandant, we're at the outer airlock. Hacking in now. ::nods at Mem::
[20:41:14] <Mem> ::maneuvers up to the door's panel and unstraps his computer::
[20:41:49] <Gabriel> ::spins around, keeping a grip on the pallet and decelerates it as it approaches the door::
[20:41:57] <Savant> Gotah> +com+ Very good, Captain. We're burning into the inner airock now.
[20:42:18] <Mem> ::flips up the display and begins his attempt to crack the door open::
[20:43:06] <Mem> ::grins:: +com+ This is some cheap ripoff of a CEF security system.
[20:43:11] <Joanna> ::raises her weapon at the door, ready to shoot anything beyond it::
[20:43:34] <Mem> ::presses a few keys, then closes the computer up and straps it back on:: +com+ Open says me.
[20:43:38] <Mem> ::opens the door::
[20:43:49] <Savant> DEspit teh size, it's clear that these portals weren't made with Gears in mind. Centuries ago these doors would have admitted colonists by the thousands, no their way to a new life on Tera Nova. Your ancestors, in fact, walked these halls - each and every one of them.
[20:44:01] <Joanna> <<::coughs::>>
[20:44:07] <Savant> The door gives way to Lieutenant Gage's superior skill.
[20:44:43] <Gabriel> +com+ Talon 5 entering outer airlock. Nik, Thierry, Joanna, head on in.
[20:45:00] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger
[20:45:03] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, you're gonna have to cycle this a couple of times to fit us all through.
[20:45:10] <Joanna> +com+ Rog. ::unlike the others, she HAS no ancestry to think about walking through this place and has no issues about shooting it up... she heads in::
[20:45:28] <Mem> +com+ Right. ::stays at the panel and acts as the doorman::
[20:45:45] <Mem> +com+ Reading no atmosphere inside.
[20:45:55] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged.
[20:46:04] <Thierry> ::Heads for through the door, wishing he had the time to just take in the history of this place::
[20:46:15] <Savant> The far airlock is still sealed, but there's a window. The foot-soldiers can see that it's mostly dark on the other side, except for cool blue lighting that looks like a dusky blue evening.
[20:46:25] <Gabriel> +com+ Go ahead and open both airlock doors, Mem.
[20:46:35] <Joanna> +com+ Could solve that airlessness easy by shooting out that window.
[20:46:47] <Joanna> +com+ Make it permanent, at least for a few hours. :Very Happy:
[20:46:48] <Mem> ::complies, pressing another button, opening the inner door::
[20:47:45] <Gabriel> Roland> ::moves up to cover Mem::
[20:47:46] <Mem> ::glances behind as Erinyes passes awfully close to his ass::
[20:47:48] <Savant> The inner door opens without a sound - it operates quite smoothly despite its age. Inside a hallway crosses, easily wide enough for a Gear.
[20:47:56] <Thierry> +Com+ That would be too simple Jo
[20:48:03] <Birkin> ::clenches his gun tightly, looking around as if semi-nervous:: +com+ After this Captain we're hooking up with the Var Saar?
[20:48:10] <Gabriel> +com+ Gears, establish beach-head. Move out, move out.
[20:48:26] <Gabriel> +com+ Commandant, Talon 5 is in. No hostiles detected as yet, zero atmosphere.
[20:48:30] <Joanna> ::doesn't respond, she moves into the corridor, weapons raised::
[20:49:22] <Thierry> ::Turns down one coridor, CAWS raised::
[20:49:23] <Gabriel> Roland> ::moves up to take the place vacated by Thierry::
[20:49:24] <Savant> owever, there's movemnt. Along the walls skitter multi-limbed machines, like the mutant, bastard offspring of a Gear and some sea cerature. They raise pairs of blunt-nosed barrels, prepared for the attackers
[20:51:33] <Joanna> +com+ We've got movement in the hall, both sides!
[20:51:34] <Thierry> +Com+ What in the prophet's name are those things?
[20:52:52] <Joanna> +com+ Who cares, light 'em up!
[20:53:34] <Mem> ::waits at the panel, listening to what was happening on the other side of the airlock::
[20:54:22] <Joanna> ::that said, she's not saying everything yet. Not enough time except to warn them to start shooting::
[20:54:23] <Gabriel> Nike> ::coughs over a fragmentation grenade into the closest formation he can see::
[20:55:18] <Savant> Nike's shot zips over Wren's shoulder and impacts the spidery drone - which pushes off of the wall to avoid the blast. Without flippin over, its arms swivel and grab the opposite wall
[20:56:14] <Gabriel> Nik> ::frowns, then tries one bullet from his CAWS HAC::
[20:56:25] <Gabriel> Nik> +com+ No apparent damage from anti-personnel grenades.
[20:57:13] <Joanna> +com+ Heavier stuff. These things are supposed to work on the backs of frames!
[20:58:05] <Thierry> +com+ Roger ::Flicks the CAWS to HAC Mode::
[20:58:09] <Joanna> ::with that said, she's aiming her JM Special down-range::
[20:58:45] <Birkin> +com+ Annoying little shits.
[20:59:06] <Gabriel> ::frowns at the news:: +com+ OK, go to your heavier guns, everyone, try spreading around a little rocket fire.
[21:01:36] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S0106000b6a8ab288.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
[21:01:39] <Joanna> <<retcon>> ::that said, she's aiming her MRPs down the corridor, letting them fly as she walks the targets::
[21:01:46] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[21:02:40] <Thierry> ::Selects targets for his rockets and prepares to light up the octopus...thingies
[21:03:39] <Savant> Joana is far more successful. Fire fill the corridor, and through the smoke heat Joanna can see two of the things turned into splintered wrecks bouncing through the hall
[21:05:26] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[21:05:28] <Joanna> ::backs up into the airlock::
[21:06:13] * Scotty (~scotty@t094.isp.ca) has joined #BT05
[21:06:13] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Scotty
[21:06:17] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[21:06:20] <Joanna> +com+ These things look little but they've got the armor of an automated command car.
[21:06:37] <Gabriel> +com+ Wren, lay in some rockets and fall back a bit.
[21:07:06] <Gabriel> ::monitors the battle as best he can through his field data glove screen and the Gear sensors::
[21:07:49] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger ::Lines up his targets and looses a rocket salvo::
[21:08:45] <Gabriel> +com+ Commandant, Talon 05 has encountere hostiles. Configuration unknown. Some kind of laser-armed drones, medium armor. We are engaged.
[21:09:32] <Savant> Gotah> +com+ ::There's sounds of a firefight going on in the background:: Acknowledged. Same situation here, Captain. Encountering drones and light security forces as we advance.
[21:09:53] <Thierry> ::Slides back after watching his rockets fly
[21:10:48] <Savant> The other side o the corridor is filled with shrapnel and debris, which riccochets wildly along the broad corridors. One drone is gone,a nd the others are scored and wounded.
[21:12:36] <Savant> The drones are unhappy with this situation and begin to advance. REd light flickers as it paints shafts through the thining smoke.
[21:14:33] <Joanna> ::waits for the MRP to finish reloading, doing what she can to avoid being hit::
[21:14:39] <Craig> ::comes in off the fury weapons ready::
[21:17:34] <Savant> Red light stabs through the confines of the corridor, piercnig holes throuh the Gears as tehy withdraw deeper nito the airlock. These are defiantely gutsy Drones to carry this sort o firepower. Joanna 's cockpit rattles as a blown off chunk of bulkhead crashes into her cockpit
[21:17:58] <Savant> Thierry's Gear nearly has its knee blown off. The armour there is gone, leaving the actuator exposed
[21:18:30] <Thierry> ::Winces a bit from the impact on Wren's leg:: OK, lets kill these things shall we
[21:18:43] <Melissa> ::observes these strange drones with admiration:: Hmm...
[21:19:24] <Joanna> ::barely avoids striking her head against part of her cockpit, which might have dazed her::
[21:20:38] <Gabriel> +com+ Keep falling back, Wren and JJ.
[21:20:49] <Gabriel> Roland> ::charges in as he has been sometimes been known to do::
[21:20:50] <Joanna> +com+ Rog. Watch out for these things, they've got teeth.
[21:22:03] <Thierry> +Com+ Affirmitive. Big teeth
[21:24:04] <Gabriel> Roland> ::opens fire, one bullet each on the three closest drones::
[21:24:45] <Savant> Roland's shots are enough. Though teh Drones are realyl killed more by the rebounding shrapnel riccochetnig through the hall than the shots. There's just too much to keep track of.
[21:25:56] <Gabriel> Roland> +com+ Beachhead on the right is clear. I'm gonna try to disable one of the ones on the left. Leave them to me.
[21:28:59] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowleged. Joanna, Thierry, push through and check the left hall.
[21:29:04] <Joanna> +com+ Rog.
[21:29:35] <Thierry> +Com+ Understood
[21:30:12] * Loaf (~anon@cpe-66-75-213-182.bak.res.rr.com) has joined #BT05
[21:30:12] * ChanServ sets mode: +v Loaf
[21:30:52] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[21:31:08] <Gabriel> Roland> ::draws his VR::
[21:32:59] <Craig> ::moves toward the first doorway, passing by mem on the way::
[21:35:44] <Joanna> ::her back against the wall, she watches for anything trying to round the corner as she gets closer to it::
[21:37:26] <Gabriel> Roland> ::slices off what looks like the movement systems of one of the drones, then chops the other one cleanly in half, hoping to leave parts sufficient for study later.
[21:38:10] <Savant> Roland easily shears the two drones into pieces, leaving them lumps of spinning metal in the hallway. Bits of the previous drones clatter against his Gears' hull
[21:38:47] <Gabriel> Roland> +com+ Two drones disabled... well, as much as possible, anyway. I'll stabilize the fragments here.
[21:39:53] <Thierry> ::Deeply breathes as he heads around the corner::
[21:40:07] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, Erinyes. Hold position there until you've stabilized them as best you can. We'll pick them up later, if we can.
[21:40:33] * McC (~mcc@c-24-60-208-84.hsd1.ma.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
[21:40:34] * ChanServ sets mode: +o McC
[21:40:51] <Gabriel> +com+ Nike, move up and cover them.
[21:41:51] <Thierry> +com+ Watch it guys, there's drone parts floating all over the place in here ::Flinches as one bangs off Wren's arm::
[21:42:06] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, Wren. See what you can do about stabilizing some of it. The infantry has to come through there as well.
[21:42:28] <Savant> And then the doors opened. The small man doors on either side of the hall swished open, exposing the rifles and parts o the helmets of a squad of troopers, They immediately begin firing their BILs
[21:47:57] <Joanna> +com+ Damn! Troopers in the halls. Lousy BILs...
[21:48:42] <Craig> +com+ toss some grenades down their throat
[21:48:53] <Mem> ::glances back at Gabriel and waits at the outer airlock patiently, knowing they'd get torn up in there::
[21:52:09] <Gabriel> +com+ Watch out, you three. Nike, get in there and cover them.
[21:52:50] <Thierry> ::Bends down and brings his APM to bear down the hall::
[21:53:02] <Thierry> +Com+ Mortar away!
[21:53:04] <Joanna> ::lowers her gear so she can shoot off her APM... she does so, aiming past Roland and through the door::
[21:54:33] <Savant> Shell go flying as the BILS start streaking through the cluttered hall - th explosion is tremendous and obscures everything for a moment. When it clears some ofthe BILs are still firing, but not nearly so many as before.
[21:54:56] <Gabriel> Nik> +com+ Acknowledged. Moving in.
[21:55:14] <Thierry> ::Grins:: +Com+ Hey Earthers, This is how we do surgery on Terra Nova!
[21:55:40] <Joanna> ::mutters in her helmet, off-comm:: Way to be considerate, jerk.
[21:56:03] <Thierry> +Com+ No offense Joanna
[21:57:16] <Gabriel> Nik> ::coughs another fragmentation grenade in among the infantry::
[21:58:32] <Gabriel> Nik> ::follows it with a second::
[21:58:37] <Savant> Tychon's help is admirable, but the southern door is still benig held well. The troopers within are stubborn. Also, purple. The broad shoulders fo Mordred class GREL become apparent
[22:00:24] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[22:02:18] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, see if you can close and lock those damned doors.
[22:03:01] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S0106000b6a8ab288.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (Quit: Careful of what you wish for...you just might get it)
[22:03:02] <Savant> Their shots lick along the walls and though the rubble flying about everywhere - they spatter across the hulls of the Gears - to no effect.
[22:03:34] <Mem> +com+ Acknowledged. ::plugs into the panel again::
[22:04:48] <Mem> +com+ I think I've found it, captain. Give me a moment.
[22:05:37] <Savant> Mem finds that the cmoputer system here is an odd mixture of modern and positively archaic. Some of the directories are the original sotware. It's like readnig a computer program writen in ye olde anglicke.
[22:05:48] <Gabriel> +com+ I will, but I doubt the Mordreds will, Lieutenant. Unless you want them in here with us, I suggest you step right along.
[22:06:22] <Mem> +com+ Right. Here goes.
[22:08:11] <Savant> The side doors begin to hiss closed- and then swish open again a moment later.
[22:08:41] <Gabriel> ::watches through his field data glove screen tied to Erinyes's sensors:: +com+ Keep trying, Lieutenant. Swifty, back 'em up in there. Gears, hold that beach-head.
[22:09:05] <Gabriel> Melissa> ::starts unpacking the drones::
[22:09:16] <Mem> +com+ Fucking Kass! ::gets serious and starts typing madly::
[22:10:44] <Thierry> +
[22:10:51] <Joanna> +com+ Rog.
[22:10:56] <Thierry> +Com+ Understood ::Loads another Mortar shell::
[22:11:15] <Savant> Another group of those spidery things come drifting down the hallway. They've been oufitted with smallmaneuvering jets, so their clawlike hands are splayed open wide like stars. Except for the guns.
[22:11:19] <Craig> +com+ aye sir
[22:13:43] <Savant> Two of the Octopus drnoes begin laynig niot he only target they can see - Wren
[22:15:35] <Gabriel> +com+ Wren, Nike, switch places. Nike, don't let those octopi cut our line.
[22:16:05] <Thierry> ::Sees the octopus thingies and tries to dodge the incoming laser, but Wren gets hit in the leg:: +Com+ Merde! More drones!
[22:17:18] <Mem> ::sends a new code, hoping to distract the Kass long enough to shut the doors::
[22:17:46] <Savant> Mem's wish comes true - the doors snap shut
[22:18:05] <Gabriel> +com+ ::watches over his remote:: Well done, Lieutenant. Erinyes, guard that door in case they get it open.
[22:20:20] <Craig> ::moves into the airlock, hearing chunks of debris rattling off his armor::+com+ you guys certainly know how to make a mess ::chuckles::
[22:22:24] <Thierry> ::Winces as his Vibroblade his ripped from Wren's side by floating debris:: +com+ MERDE!
[22:24:02] <Savant> As Wren backs up towards the "safety" of the airlok, she's impacted by a whirling chunk of metal, followed by the shrapnel of on of those mortars. It scours the Gear while inside Thierry is battered
[22:24:54] <Thierry> ::Blinks as his sensor display goes dark:: +Com+ Sensors dead Capitaine, lost my vibroblade too ::More mumbled cureses in french::
[22:25:01] <Savant> Meanwhile, the fog of shrapnel spreads into the ruined drone bay and down the hall
[22:26:19] <Craig> ::notes the debris moving through the doors:: +com+ mem, you might want to close the doors behind me for the time being, the debris is starting to move your way
[22:26:57] <Joanna> ::pops in to cover Thierry's retreat, sending off rockets at the drones... at this point, hoping to at least throw off their operators::
[22:29:21] <Gabriel> Nik> ::gets moving in Joanna's direction::
[22:30:13] <Savant> Joanna's shost wash into the drones, sendnig one spinning and bouncing aruond entirely whole. The others grab onto the walls and press themseleves flat. They're extremely flat, actually
[22:33:05] <Gabriel> ::continues watching through his field glove:: +com+ Don't kill the disabled one! We'll want a look at that one!
[22:34:13] <Gabriel> Nike> Yeah, yeah... ::opens fire on the two drones he can see::
[22:35:11] <Savant> The two drones, clamped to the wall as they are, aer easy prey for Tychon. They remain clinging to te walls as their computers are dead but their electroadhesive plates are still powered.
[22:39:51] <Joanna> ::shoots off another burst of missiles at the remaining drone::
[22:41:46] <Savant> Joanna' missiles hit dead on, with the drone aganist the wall that way. he leaves a black smear on the white polished walls and a quickly fleeing spray of hot metal and vapours
[22:42:22] <Gabriel> +com+ Commandant, Talon 05 meeting heavy resistance, GRELs and drones. Beach-head established. Moving in.
[22:42:35] <Joanna> +com+ Hallway clear, one enemy drone disabled.
[22:43:06] <Gabriel> Roland> ::gathers up the two skewered drones::
[22:45:37] <Savant> There's one disabled drone floating through the hall, and a *lot* of wreckage. Weere there sound, one could hear banging from the opposite sides of the closed doors
[22:46:41] <Savant> Mem's console beeps and blanks out as the control centre regains cnotrol of the local security
[22:46:53] <Mem> +com+ They're locking me out.
[22:47:06] <Gabriel> +com+ Stay on them, Lieutenant.
[22:48:04] <Thierry> +Com+ Permission to pull back sir?
[22:51:47] <Joanna> ::goes to retrieve the damaged drone but...
[22:53:11] <Savant> Joanna advances, but doesn' se the spar spinning widly behind her. It bounces frmo the wall and into her Gears' V-engine - which must hit somethin vital, as there's a minor detonation - inside the vehicle.
[22:57:26] <Savant> There's a scream over the radio from Joana's line. It doesn' die, but there's no more sound except a bit of a sizzle
[22:57:48] <Thierry> +Com+ Mon dieu...
[22:57:50] <Gabriel> Nik> +com+ What the hell! Something just happened to JJ! I've got an explosion inside the vehicle.
[22:58:06] <Mem> ::continues fiercly typing, trying to regain access to the security system::
[22:58:37] <Gabriel> Nik> ::hangs his CAWS on the hip armor plate and grabs JJ with both hands and drags her out of the debris field::
[22:59:36] <Gabriel> +com+ Doctor, dismount and check her condition! Hurry!
[23:00:31] <Thierry> ::Was already popping his hatch as Gabe gave the order:: +Com+ One step ahead of you sir
[23:00:37] <Craig> ::jaw drop as he hear's tychon's report::
[23:00:43] <Gabriel> Nik> ::pops his cockpit hatch and unstraps::
[23:01:06] <Thierry> ::Slides out of Wren and grabs the medkits from Wren's leg bay::
[23:02:23] <Gabriel> Nik> ::opens JJ's cockpit, a little afraid of what me might find, then leans back a bit to lower one hand where Thierry can grab it::
[23:03:52] <Thierry> ::Pulls the Medical Dataglove from his hip and slides it on
[23:05:47] <Gabriel> +com+ Swifty, guard the left door. Watch for more of those drones.
[23:05:49] <Savant> Joanna's Gear is a mess inside - a red mist hangs in the ai, quite obviously her blood. The chair is bent and askew forward, and a busted pice of metal is jammed through her gut.
[23:06:26] <Gabriel> Nik> ::waits for Thierry to grab Nike's left hand, then slowly swings him into position::
[23:07:25] <Thierry> ::Grabs onto the hand and rides it up into the cockpit:: +Com+ Mon dieu ::Scans for vitals::
[23:09:27] <Thierry> +Com+ Wren, back to the ship! ::Looks at the display to see if Joanna's still alive::
[23:09:42] * dakabn is now known as elcabino
[23:09:47] <Gabriel> Melissa> ::finishes unpacking one of the Gargoyles and gets it on its way::
[23:09:50] * elcabino is now known as lacabina
[23:10:22] <Thierry> +Com+ She's alive...barely. I need to get her back to Pathfinder, NOW! ::Starts to do what he can here::
[23:10:41] <Gabriel> +com+ So ordered, Doctor. Good luck. Pathfinder, casualty incoming.
[23:11:03] * lacabina is now known as dakabn
[23:11:20] <Savant> Aggie> +com+ Roger, Captain. We're listening. Doctor, we're prepping your surgery.
[23:12:02] <Thierry> +Com+ Acknowledged Lieutennant.
[23:12:26] * dakabn (~lcox@doc-24-32-90-161.cabot.ar.cebridge.net) has left #bt05
[23:13:23] <Thierry> +Com+ JJ, if you can hear me, we need to get back to the ship so I can help Joanna
[23:13:30] <Gabriel> +com+ Roland, take point. Swifty, hold the door. We've got a drone on the way.
[23:13:54] <Gabriel> Roland> Roger that.
[23:14:56] <Thierry> ::Starts trying to get to work freeing Joanna from the cockpit::
[23:15:19] <Gabriel> Melissa> ::goes to work unpacking the other Gargoyle::
[23:15:30] <Joanna> ::being in a coma, has no idea of the activity going on around her::
[23:15:39] <Joanna> ::She is, however, having a very interesting conversation with Coda::
[23:15:45] <Craig> +com+ roger that
[23:22:54] <Mem> ::tries to set up a way he can fight these guys on the move, but slips a bit and stops to focus on the security system again before he loses it::
[23:27:51] <Gabriel> Roland> ::comes around the corner and spots the drone::
[23:28:35] <Savant> Teh drone swivels in midair to face Roland and its arms spin to grab at the approaching Gear, trying to latch on while its guns go off
[23:29:02] <Thierry> ::Finally feels like he's in his element as he mentally prepares himself to operate on Joanna
[23:29:16] <Gabriel> Roland> ::slashes through the drone's control systems::
[23:30:20] <Savant> The drone losts its limbs in quick succession.
[23:32:19] <Gabriel> +com+ Sergeant Birkin, guard Dekarch Childs. ::gets moving toward the door::
[23:32:34] <Savant> Tehre's moevment at the southern door. A hole burns through the centre o th doorway, and a pryabr is benig jammed into the gap. They're starting to manually force the thing open.
[23:33:57] <Craig> ::has been watching the southern door in case mem had lost control again:: +com+ i'll probably be needing some backup in a moment, they're cutting through the doors now
[23:34:54] <Gabriel> +com+ Got a drone and myself inbound, but they should be torn up plenty. Get your anti-personnel weapons ready.
[23:35:13] <Thierry> ::Starts doing what he can to keep Joanna stable until he can get back to Pathfinder::
[23:35:14] <Gabriel> Drone> ::zips past Wren and toward the hallway::
[23:35:37] <Craig> +com+ aye ::readies his APGL towards the doorway::
[23:37:02] <Gabriel> Nik> ::decides the doctor's got the situation under control, closes up his cockpit and prepares to fire in either direction down the hall::
[23:38:24] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[23:38:30] <Mem> ::attn::
[23:38:44] <Savant> well, I had fun. I hope that you guys had fun.
[23:38:44] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[23:38:46] <Joanna> ::attn::
[23:38:52] <Gabriel> Yep, great stuff. Smile
[23:38:56] <Thierry> ::Wipes the blood off and then snaps to ATTN::
[23:39:00] <Gabriel> Other than Joanna's magic BB.
[23:39:05] <Savant> ::saves campaign::
[23:39:16] <Joanna> Heh, that magic BB sucked my karma dry Wink
[23:39:25] <Thierry> Most fun I've had in a while. Thierry finally gets to do his doctor thang other to interrogate people
[23:39:36] <Savant> so you guys know, the threshold for the Luck roll is an 8. Almost mipossible to make it, but the MOF is what i use to determine damage.
[23:39:36] <Craig> hehe
[23:39:53] <Craig> ahh
[23:39:55] <Gabriel> With 1 die, impossible to make. None of us have PSY +2 yet. Wink
[23:40:10] * Savant nods. Juno FTW
[23:40:16] <Craig> lol
[23:40:17] <Gabriel> Gabriel will get there.
[23:40:30] <Savant> so, what is the lesson you have learned today?
[23:40:32] <Savant> Lasers.
[23:40:39] <Savant> not high explosives.
[23:40:40] <Savant> Lasers.
[23:40:42] <Gabriel> Eh, lasers would still have created debris.
[23:40:49] <Savant> far, far less
[23:40:53] <Mem> yeah, when things explode.
[23:40:58] <Mem> Lesson? EMP
[23:40:59] <Gabriel> Nik smoked two of those things with his LPLC.
[23:41:03] <Gabriel> The debris field tripled. Wink
[23:41:10] <Savant> nah, that was just me doodling th spread
[23:41:15] <Gabriel> Heh.
[23:41:19] <Thierry> I was under the impression that we would use HGLCs in this situation
[23:41:20] <Savant> it was those MRPs that did hideous things.
[23:41:36] <Joanna> But they worked quite well Wink
[23:41:38] <Gabriel> But yeah, Gears don't have enough arms to have lasers and anti-personnel weapons.
[23:41:47] <Gabriel> Wasn't expecting heavy vehicle resistance.
[23:42:00] <Craig> so in essence, joanna nearly killed herself:)
[23:42:03] * Savant nods, and there's a lot of infantry in here, don't get me wrong
[23:42:12] <Savant> they'd just rather send th machines in first
[23:42:18] <Joanna> Yes, in terms of Joanna, it all came back to her in the end.
[23:42:23] <Savant> in any case. Who would like some experience?
[23:42:25] <Gabriel> Wish I could disagree with that strategy.
[23:42:30] <Gabriel> And yes, please. Wink
[23:42:32] <Savant> hee
[23:42:39] <Thierry> Yes, XPs
[23:42:43] <Joanna> How about some genre points too? Very Happy
[23:42:44] <Savant> let's start with two. Slow start, but it picked up.
[23:43:06] <Savant> Did you guys accomplish a major objective or discover somethign vital today?
[23:43:23] <Joanna> Yes. Zero-G debris sucks. Very Happy
[23:43:29] <Thierry> What she said
[23:43:30] <Savant> heh, i mean story-wise ^_-
[23:43:33] <Craig> we took the beach head
[23:43:34] <Gabriel> Yet another type of CEF horror machine.
[23:43:45] <Savant> true, Craig; also true, Gabriel
[23:43:49] <Mem> I think we should just blow things up.
[23:43:53] <Gabriel> Captured the beach-head, and have three decent horror machines to look at.
[23:44:00] <Thierry> Figured out that GREL and APMs don't get along
[23:44:20] <Savant> what's even more fun about Octopuses is that they are designed to clamp onto a Frme's back, which gives it six arms and two more guns, and lets the pilot augment the drone's controllnig software.
[23:44:34] <Savant> horrors.
[23:44:37] <Joanna> And depending on how much Joanna knows, she can tell you of even more horrors ;D
[23:44:40] <Gabriel> ::blinks:: JM wants one.
[23:44:45] <Gabriel> Hell, Gabriel wants one.
[23:44:51] <Mem> Told ya
[23:44:52] <Thierry> WE all want one
[23:44:56] <Mem> We should capture them
[23:45:11] <Craig> makes you wonder, if we had as much trouble with debris, shouldn't the APGL and APM debris sent into the halls with the troops have wreaked havoc with them as well while the doors were shut?
[23:45:22] <Thierry> I brought that up Smile
[23:45:32] <Savant> so, three in total. Combat encounter = +1. Combat encounter vs opponents of equal strength .. hm. Not yet. so far i actually haven't thrown much at you at all.
[23:45:49] <Savant> it did, Craig. They suffered effects next turn as well.
[23:46:00] <Savant> however... this is a space station. There's a *lot* of people here
[23:46:00] <Gabriel> ... 24 GREL, half in turtle-shell and 12 vehicles with two laser weapons each is "not much"? Sheesh. Wink
[23:46:20] <Savant> compared with how many threat points on your side?
[23:46:34] <Savant> you guys were suffering from your own shrapnel, no from the opposition ^_-
[23:46:45] <Gabriel> Heh.
[23:46:51] <Thierry> What's our adjusted CV, 40k?
[23:47:00] <Joanna> Shrapnel from the only weapons capable of doing damage to those things really Wink
[23:47:03] <Gabriel> No, nothing like that much, particularly not today.
[23:47:11] <Craig> yeah we're kicking our own ass while trying to kick the CEF's ass:)
[23:47:21] <Savant> i'llgive you another +1 for working togther - excellent job on that. Fantastic, even. Switching point when needed, covernig all the angles.
[23:47:30] <Gabriel> We had half our team at 2500 max, 12500, multiplied by about 2.25.
[23:47:41] <Joanna> I've got an idea for the XP bonus question this week: Based on what happened tonight, what's Joanna's new callsign Wink
[23:47:46] <Savant> ha ha
[23:48:08] <Craig> Frag?
[23:48:09] <Gabriel> Heh. You're not putting Cheeks behind you, given that two weeks from now, you're back in a hospital gown. Wink
[23:48:12] <Thierry> BB
[23:48:26] <Gabriel> So, that's 5...
[23:48:51] <Thierry> Good point Ross
[23:49:08] <Savant> I'll give you a further +1, making 6 in total, if you acan give me an answer to tis question. o gritty should this game be? hat level are people comfortable with?
[23:49:25] <Joanna> Can you restate the question in the form of English Smile
[23:49:51] <Gabriel> I personally think we're just about right. It's dangerous as hell, and people occasionally get badly wounded or killed. Still, it's not so dangerous that you don't write up a character to have him or her die three weeks later. Unless you're Farrell and you get off on that sort of thing. Wink
[23:49:55] <Thierry> I'm all for the "one shouldn't die by the dice alone" standard. If ya don't do anything stupid, no death
[23:49:57] <Savant> Tonights' episode has a character dying, and probably dead - if not dead then very much changed. Should this be a film noire where death can swoop down a th blnik of an eye, or shoul every hero have the chance o come back swinging?
[23:50:26] <Savant> bah. typing.
[23:50:26] <Mem> Hmmm. I like having the heroic thing, but it should be rare.
[23:50:34] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: It's the covert ops version of d-day. We weren't getting out of this without at least one serious injury at least.
[23:50:37] <Mem> seems like genre points are fine in that regard
[23:50:50] * Savant nods at Mem - that's why I've included Last Hurrah.
[23:51:21] <Savant> anynoe else have anything to say on that question?
[23:51:45] <Thierry> I think I've spoken my bit on that often enough in the past
[23:52:24] <Savant> let anyone who isnt' here know that they can answer that question inhe forums to get their point, so that I get it this week.
[23:52:52] <Craig> as said, we shouldn't have it too hard, i don't think anyone is fond of having to keep ideas for several new characters at a time
[23:52:52] <Thierry> Seeing as a couple fridays ago my D&D character was nearly killed by dice and not even in combat...yeah, I think my opinion is clear
[23:53:07] <Thierry> And he nearly drowned in a sewer Razz
[23:53:09] <Savant> Six experience for Gabriel, Thierry, Mem, Craig and Joanna. Five for the others. And my blessings.
[23:53:21] <Savant> Very wll done guys! I look forward to the end of it!
[23:53:26] * Savant sets mode: -m
[23:53:26] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Baiting the Tiger in session next Thursday'
[23:53:26] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[20:04:21] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Baiting the Tiger in Session'
[20:04:37] <Detro> ::blinks:: Oh, right. Reassigned.
[20:04:38] * Prescot (~stfu@c-71-59-186-59.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
[20:04:38] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
[20:04:38] <Detro> ::Attn::
[20:04:39] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[20:04:43] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[20:04:46] <Birkin> ::attn::
[20:04:56] <Tychon> ::danc--attn::
[20:05:43] * Brad is now known as Mem
[20:05:46] <Mem> ::attn::
[20:06:09] <Savant> hello and good evening to you all! I hope you are looking forward to the second installment?
[20:06:27] <Detro> <Joanna> ::shakes her fist at Lemon::
[20:06:35] <Savant> as a bonus, it seems like the keys on this keyboard have finally softened up a little bit. So I wno't be typing like a retard.
[20:06:42] <Detro> Define irony Wink
[20:06:45] * Tychon cackles.
[20:07:21] <Savant> Irony: A player back talking to a GM while said GM is winching up the anvil.
[20:07:27] <Savant> have a briefing ^_^
[20:07:30] <Savant> Baiting the Tiger
[20:07:30] <Savant> 07 Summer TN, 1100h - Late Morning
[20:07:30] <Savant> TN3 Tannhauser Anomaly, Loki system
[20:07:30] <Savant> -231 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[20:07:30] <Savant> The time for training is done and the task is at hand. The Talons have begun their raid upon the CEF installations on the other side of the Gate in earnest.
[20:07:32] <Savant> Battle is upon you! The Talons have spent the last hour in an exhaustnig and nerve-wracking game of cat-and-mouse with a swarm of drones and two CEF cruisers as they make their approach from the Gate to the station. The pain-staking stillness was punctured only by low rumbles as the Fury vibrated from nearby nuclear explosions until just recently.
[20:07:36] <Savant> And then for war. Jeremi Peresalona has proven his skill against all odds by driving Talon 05 straight through the heart of the CEF formation and to the Helios transit station. Rockets rippled to make an entrance in one of the central docking bays, near the core. And in goes Captain Tynes and his team
[20:07:40] <Savant> Recover as much data as you can from the labs! Capture or kill the station commanders before they can escape! Visit revenge upon the infidels for the decimation of Lyonesse! For Terra Nova and Glory!
[20:07:43] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[20:07:51] <Gabriel> ack
[20:07:57] <Detro> FOR THE HORDE! Ack!
[20:07:58] <Mem> ack
[20:08:10] <Tychon> ac
[20:08:11] <Tychon> +k
[20:08:31] <Savant> and i'm ready for questions.
[20:08:56] <Tychon> ::raises:
[20:08:58] <Gabriel> None here.
[20:08:59] <Birkin> ack
[20:09:07] <CavScout> ack
[20:09:29] <Savant> again, we are in Skirmish scale. Rounds are six seconds. Only change you need to make is multiply base range of yoru weapons by 5.
[20:09:33] <Savant> Tychon?
[20:09:41] <Tychon> What's happening right now? We under imminent attack, or what?
[20:10:28] <Savant> I wil award an experience point to the player who best sums up the events of last game in one posting.
[20:11:05] <Savant> you are going to be attacked shortly, but a the moment things are okay.
[20:11:34] * dakabn (~lcox@doc-24-32-90-161.cabot.ar.cebridge.net) has joined #bt05
[20:11:34] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[20:11:38] <Detro> <Joanna> Oh shi... X_X
[20:11:45] <Savant> heh ^_-
[20:11:46] <Gabriel> Let me 'splain. *beat* No, there is too much. Let me sum up. We busted in here with 5 Gears, 4 on foot. We encountered CEF drones which caught us in a crossfire, so we blew them up with rockets. The debris from the rockets/drone debris rendered Joanna mostly-dead. We've also encountered 24 GREL, mostly trapped behind doors that Mem is trying to keep shut with a computer override.
[20:12:31] <Savant> very good. Have a tasty e-die.
[20:12:41] <Savant> other questions?
[20:12:42] <Gabriel> *gulp*
[20:13:05] <Savant> if not we shall begin in earnest.
[20:13:11] <Tychon> ::raises::
[20:13:15] <Savant> Tychon?
[20:13:16] * HotSake|cookin is now known as HotSake
[20:13:19] <Tychon> What's the yellow area on the map?
[20:13:24] <Savant> Death.
[20:13:27] <Detro> Debris.
[20:13:32] <Detro> Including quite a bit of JJ's now I imagine.
[20:13:40] <Savant> the wreckage created by the explosion of a salvo of medium rockets. And their victims.
[20:13:52] <Savant> eh, there are bits of drone and JJ everywhere ^_-
[20:13:56] <Savant> and Joanna, too.
[20:14:03] <Tychon> So, completely unsafe to go there?
[20:14:04] <Detro> Chunks of her spine.
[20:14:10] <Savant> though, there are more blobs of her than bits of her.
[20:14:20] <Savant> Roland seems happy to wade on in.
[20:14:30] <Savant> depends on the size of your balls I guess ^_-
[20:14:35] <Gabriel> I figured that was in character for him. Wink
[20:14:50] <Savant> s'good?
[20:15:18] <Savant> s'good.
[20:15:28] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[20:15:57] * CavScout is now known as Pic
[20:16:11] <Savant> There's no more activity for the moment, nothign local. But it's coming. The doorway to the south is beign slwoly wedged open, and who knows what's going on to he north. That field of debris whih just claimd Joanna is making a hefty barrier as well.
[20:16:38] <Tychon> ::glances over his readouts, then down the corridor at the debris field::
[20:17:10] <Detro> ::has just ducked into the cover of a wall alcove... having just spotted the grunts down the corridor. He hefts the BIL in his hands -- a bit easier given the state of gravity
[20:17:55] <Mem> ::tries again to setup the remote link so he can move in::
[20:18:40] <Birkin> +com+ man what I wouldn't give to be in a gear right now ::looks around nervously::
[20:19:06] * Pic is now known as PIC
[20:19:33] <Gabriel> +com+ Sergent, advance. Unfortunately, Gears are only useful for about a third of this station.
[20:19:41] <Savant> Only now has the radio to the other teams cleared up smoewhat. The line to Talon 09 is dead.
[20:20:43] <Gabriel> +com+ Swifty, hold the right door. Don't let them breach it.
[20:22:52] <Detro> ::leans out -- or really, lets himself float out while keeping his feet hooked on a pipe on the wall -- and shoots, then pulls himself back in::
[20:24:13] <Savant> The GREL apparently didn't notice Detro's advance, and he pays for it. Detro paints a nice tidy hole through the GREL's chest, and he just stops moving - starting to float upwards gently
[20:24:58] <Savant> The Mordred beside him looks back swiftly and backpedals nito an alcove beside the door
[20:26:06] <Detro> ::cautiously hugs the wall... hoping that where he's hidden and the angle of view should block him from being seen by the other soldier::
[20:26:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Gears, your mission is to establish a supply line. Swifty, hold the south door. Nike, hold the north door. Erinyes, the southeast door.
[20:27:07] <Mem> ::tries something different this time, looking to block the Kass' access by interrupting it with some other system::
[20:28:26] <Savant> The Kassandras farther away apparently can't deal with Mem's tricks - he's ot them no the run and scrambling. For the moment.
[20:30:05] <Detro> ::knowing full well he could be hit trying to come through those doors, he has to warn them he's approaching, and just trust in the comm encryptions... but first, the other soldier's going to have to be taken out...::
[20:31:14] <Mem> ::pumps his fist and grins, then gets ready to move:: +com+ Captain, I have unadultered access to security, but it won't last long. If we're going to do this, it needs to be now, sir.
[20:32:03] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S0106000b6a8ab288.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
[20:32:13] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[20:32:57] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ ::cough cough:: Stiff resistance in the lower levels. We found the barracks and armoury.
[20:33:02] <Gabriel> Craig> ::walks Swifty to the south door, puts the barrel of his CAWS rifle through the breach, and fires the FGC::
[20:33:25] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, BT09. We've encountered moderate resistance and are advancing. Do you need assistance?
[20:34:52] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ e're abandoning this flank. Fury's gone. ::there's a long paue and some weapon fire:: You might get a straggler or two up there, Tynes. Watch for friendlies.
[20:35:30] <Birkin> ::hears the com line and lets out a curse:: Hope they got the explosives set up.
[20:35:41] <Gabriel> ::whispers:: Prophet wept... +com+ Acknowledged, BT09. Nike, watch for BT09 friendlies through the north passage. BT09, repeat, do you require assistance? Say status on your mission.
[20:36:35] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, I may need you to open the north door. Nike, be prepared to discriminate targets coming through that door, and watch your fire. No fragmentation weapons. Laser cannon only.
[20:36:42] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ Secondary mission aborted. Moving to aide 04 with primary. No assistance required. Get in and get out, 05.
[20:36:56] <Gabriel> +com+ BT05 acknowledges, command. Good hunting.
[20:36:57] <Mem> +com+ All right, captain. Standing by.
[20:37:02] <Detro> ::at this point, he has to take the risk... he waits for Gotah to go off-air, then breaks in:: +com+ Five, this is Nine-Four. I've been cut off from Nine... am approaching your position.
[20:37:15] <Tychon> ::shifts his controls slightly, moving towards the debris field and bringing up his fr--laser gatling, allowing his targeting to hover on the door:: +com+ Nike acknowledges.
[20:37:29] <Savant> Swifty can't see the destruction he wreaks - much. The door buckles niwards and a yellow light at the top of the frame cmoes on - it's ou of service, apparently. Likely, so are the mordred on the other side.
[20:39:57] <Tychon> ::frowns as the corridor suddenly gets a lot more crowded, and pinballs around and over the other two to take up his desired position::
[20:41:11] <Gabriel> ::floats through the first passage, watching for debris::
[20:42:11] <Savant> The corridors are littered with debris, very liberally. It's constantly pinging into helmets, nudging into arms and legs, and being a general nuisance.
[20:43:40] <Gabriel> ::glances over to see if Nike is in position yet::
[20:44:16] <HotSake> <Gargoyle> ::rolls into the corridor and turns south, LMG trained on the breached door at the end of the corridor::
[20:45:30] <Gabriel> ::notes Wren in the airlock:: +com+ Pathfinder, CO. Send PIC out here. We've got an unmanned Gear out here that needs a pilot. I need another Gear to maintain a supply line to the computer center.
[20:46:53] <Savant> On the other side of Craig's door, three suviving Mordred stick tehir heads out. Or, more appropriately, the muzzles of their guns. they begin to open fire on the Gear::
[20:47:33] * Loaf (~anon@cpe-66-75-213-182.bak.res.rr.com) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[20:48:42] <Gabriel> Craig> ::dodges fire coming out of the hole::
[20:49:10] <Savant> Craig didges well. The laser blasts and chaingun rounsd do nothing to the agile Gear.
[20:52:03] <Birkin> ::clenches his gun in his hands, staring forward as he continues to float along slowly::
[20:52:46] <HotSake> <Gargoyle> ::snaps off a shot at the attackers, but misses, digging a new hole in the door frame::
[20:53:03] <Savant> The Mordred, seeing the opposition, wisely pull back into cover.
[20:54:07] <Gabriel> +com+ Melissa, instruct the Gargoyle to continue firing. Keep their heads down in there.
[20:55:49] * Craig (~scotty@s082.isp.ca) has joined #BT05
[20:56:06] * Savant sets mode: +o Craig
[20:57:27] <HotSake> <Gargoyle> ::takes one last shot as the GRELs scramble::
[20:58:00] <Savant> In the northern corridor, the last remaining, and injured, Mordred pushes forward from his alcove, firing as he advances upon the smaller human
[21:00:04] <Detro> ::ducks the shots as best he can::
[21:00:33] <Savant> Detro manages to duck into the alcove as the GREL begins firing
[21:01:24] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[21:03:09] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ Say status, all teams.
[21:04:58] <Savant> CptTahane> ::A rather attractive female voice:: +com+ Talon 04 reporting, near the objective. Heavy resistance. This one's in the bag.
[21:05:55] <Gabriel> +com+ BT05, pushed past moderate resistance, now grouping for assault on objective.
[21:06:19] <Gabriel> +com+ Erinyes, once you have that drone secured, advance. Mem, let's get this door open. Nike, stand by for enemy contact.
[21:06:30] <Gabriel> +com+ Swifty, watch our backs.
[21:06:30] <Birkin> +com+ You gonna get her number Mem? Chance's are Intel wont examine your asshole with a microscope if you get lucky.
[21:06:43] <Craig> +com+ gotcha captain
[21:07:12] <Savant> CmdtVersa> +om+ BT06, little resistance, en route to CEF flight control centre.
[21:08:32] <Mem> +com+ Aye, captain. And Boomer, not now.
[21:10:48] <Tychon> +com+ Acknowledged, preparing to move into position.
[21:11:24] <Melissa> ::moves up cautiously, all the shrapnel given her pause::
[21:11:27] <PIC> ::Wanting to get into the fight, Sarah holds down the burn a little too long::
[21:13:43] <Detro> ::tracks the moving GREL and lets off a shot, then pushes off the wall, burning the MMU to move::
[21:14:08] <Detro> ::aims for the other wall, to ricochet off::
[21:14:33] <Tychon> ::walks the gear towards the northern door cautiously, gatling laser still trained on it::
[21:14:57] <Savant> The GREL digs into a divit in the wall at teh right moment, then rolls off of the wall with his shouler, still coming forward. He's readying a wicked looking melee weapon in his opposite hand - a hooked, serrated blade on the end of a pole
[21:19:41] <Mem> ::attempts to open the door to the north:: +com+ Opening the door. Be ready.
[21:19:54] <Detro> ::knows that the odds of dodging that thing probably aren't too good in this environment... a thought comes to mind::
[21:20:05] <Savant> The door opens just as Mem desires. It's as if, for a few precious seconds, he's got no opposition.
[21:23:39] <Craig> ::aims his APGL at the hold in the door and pops the trigger::
[21:24:57] <Savant> Craig's sho zips right through the oor witout so much as tappnig the frame on its way by. There's a bright flash that illuminates the open slot in the door, then nothing but smoke and rubble come out
[21:25:27] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, jam that door open, then get moving. We've got a computer to hack.
[21:27:39] <Craig> ::after getting a very satisfied result:: +com+ i believe the grel at the south door has been neutralized
[21:27:47] <Mem> ::tries to figure out how to jam a door from his current setup::
[21:28:06] <Gabriel> Roland> ::clamps the Octopus to JJ's hull, then advances down the corridor as ordered::
[21:33:07] <Gabriel> ::fires his grapple gun at the wall to his left, sets the magnet, and cruises into a smooth left turn, releasing the magnet when he's got his vector pointed the way he wants it::
[21:34:04] <Gabriel> +com+ Sergeant, I seem to be all alone up here.
[21:37:08] <Birkin> +com+ Keeping my belly low to the ground sir is all ::looks to the far corridor eyeing it suspiciously as he comes up behind the Captain.
[21:37:42] <Savant> Now that he's gotten good nd close, and the doro is open, Tychon can see the lone GREL facing off against the lone Talon down the northern corridor
[21:38:08] <Tychon> ::steps up to the doorway and peers through, his gatling laser tracking the GREL::
[21:38:26] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[21:38:28] <PIC> ::Eyeing the target Gaer, adjust flight path slightly and gets ready to grab:
[21:39:19] <Tychon> << Gah-- pulse laser, not gatling; s'what I get for reading the equipment manual before the game >>
[21:39:46] <Gabriel> ::comes even with JJ, Joanna, and Thierry:: +com+ PIC, when you're geared up, I need you to tow JJ back into the entry corridor. Then take up a guard position halfway down the corridor between Nike and Erinyes. Expedite.
[21:40:42] * Thierry (~dagent145@ip68-230-200-206.rd.hr.cox.net) has joined #bt05
[21:40:42] <PIC> +Com+ Roger, on it.
[21:40:42] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Thierry
[21:41:10] <Detro> ::Coasts so he can get a steadier shot off::
[21:42:24] <Savant> Detro takes a shot, an it slaps into the GRELs armour. however, the guy's just too tough - despite the smoking hole in the breastplaet he's still coming
[21:48:16] <Tychon> ::leans the gear down slightly, trains the LPLC on the GREL and clicks the trigger, unleashing a pulse of searing collimated light down the corridor::
[21:49:07] <Tychon> ::releases the trigger momentarily, just long enough for the gun to cycle before clicking down on it again, sending another pulse of photonic death toward the supersoldier::
[21:49:19] <Savant> The laser beam strikes the GREL in the back; he tumbles forward briefly before his suit cooks off - the explding gasses of his oxygen tank propel him towards Detro
[21:50:42] <Tychon> +com+ Scratch GREL.
[21:51:48] <Thierry> +Com+ Captain, I got Joanna back to the ship and am prepping for surgery. It doesn't look good I'm afraid, but I'll have Aggie keep you posted.
[21:52:30] <Detro> ::lowers the BIL and waves at the doorway:: +com+ Thanks for clearing that. Nine-Four joining up. The hall behind me seems secure, but might seal it up just to be safe.
[21:52:36] <HotSake> <Gargoyle> ::rolls up to the smoking crack in the door::
[21:53:24] <Thierry> ::Grabs a medical harness and starts sterilization procedures as the Pathfinder's crew sets up the field surgery unit
[21:53:27] <Savant> The drone sees a fresh slough of soldiers and drones coming its way
[21:53:32] <Tychon> +com+ My pleasure, 9-4. Welcome to the party. Come on through.
[21:54:15] <HotSake> <Gargoyle> ::sends an alert to Melissa. New targets sighted. ::
[21:58:27] <Melissa> ::signals the gargoyle to open fire::
[21:58:49] <Thierry> ::Still in his BDU, but sterilized and ready to operate, Theirry looks over to the Pathfinder crewmen that were to be his nurses. As he started to more closely examine the primary wound he said firmly:: Vitals?
[21:59:30] <Craig> ::sees the gargoyle firing through the hole::+com+ melissa. are there more grel in that corridor?
[21:59:52] <Savant> Joanna's in bad shape. Hervitals, while still present, are all oer the map. Her heartbeat is dyin quickly and she's not breathing.
[22:00:01] <Melissa> +com+ Roger...several targets
[22:00:22] <Gabriel> +com+ Hold that door, Swifty. You're guarding our backs.
[22:00:35] <Craig> +com+ yessir
[22:01:28] <Craig> ::switches back to the FGC and gets ready to stick it in the door when the gargoyle is done::
[22:01:41] <HotSake> <Gargoyle> ::Sprays a long burst down the corridor, walkings its fire across three of the advancing GRELs::
[22:02:11] <HotSake> <Gargoyle> ::Rolls to the side for cover as the last bullet leaves the barrel::
[22:02:13] <Thierry> ::Thierry looked at his assistants, not remembering any of their names. :: You, start artificial respiration. You, defib. ::Looking at the last one:: We're going in to try and stop that bleeding.
[22:02:28] <Savant> The dron does its job admiraly, painting the walls red with a GREL's blood. The others take the hint and get some cover.
[22:03:18] <Melissa> ::pushes a switch, sending another fire command to the drone::
[22:05:42] <HotSake> <Gargoyle> ::Wheels to the side far enough to poke its LMG through the door and hose down three more GRELs, before rolling back::
[22:06:21] <Savant> More GREL scatter. One takes the Drones' retort square ni the chest. He spirals backwards slowly through the corridor, as can be seen through Craig's scratchy foot-camera
[22:06:41] <Melissa> +com+ Looks like two GREL down...four more still in there::
[22:07:11] <Craig> +com+ anything else?
[22:07:45] <Thierry> ::Whispers a brief prayer before starting to make the first incisiions
[22:11:14] <Craig> ::brings the muzzle of the frag cannon to the hole in the door and presses the trigger::
[22:11:14] <Melissa> +com+ some fancy looking toys that I want, but you know, I'll take what I can get
[22:12:23] <Savant> Craig's shot is cinematic. Bits of GREL go flying as the fragmentation cannon literally tears them apart. The spier-drones, however, seem to only be upset about it.
[22:12:25] * Cody (~asmallblu@c-24-60-208-84.hsd1.ma.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
[22:12:25] * ChanServ sets mode: +v Cody
[22:12:40] <Craig> ::frowns at melissa's respons:: +com+ so i take it there's more of those drones in there too
[22:13:02] <Gabriel> +com+ Drones are high priority targets, Swifty. Find some cover and take them out if you can.
[22:13:25] <Savant> The drones, in their irritation, reply with lasers to Craig's shot
[22:13:41] <Craig> +com+ roger that ::starts to move away from the door::
[22:15:36] <Thierry> ::Notes the extent of the damage to Joanna's internal organs, sighs, and then starts doing whatever he can to stop the bleeding.:: Prophet guide our hands
[22:16:51] <Melissa> +com+ Roger that
[22:22:07] * dakabn (~lcox@doc-24-32-90-161.cabot.ar.cebridge.net) has left #bt05
[22:25:18] <Savant> The lasers cut into Swifty - and shred the door between them as well. The Gear is still responsive - barely - and its armour is a mess of scoring and quickly dissapatnig steam
[22:28:37] <Craig> +com+ ::there's a noticeable drop on communication quality:: i've taken damage.....Switfy's legs are getting sticky....looks like three drones left, will need assistance...
[22:29:07] <Thierry> ::Checks his montitors briefly and then looks back down into Joanna's chest cavity and sighs:: We're losing her. ::Injects a drug to get her heart restarted and then goes back to working on the internal bleeding::
[22:29:32] <Gabriel> Roland> ::keeps walking Erinyes down the hall, calling out the labels on the doors as he passes:: +com+ Supplementary technical labs.
[22:30:13] <Detro> ::can't see much through the door yet, with the gear blocking most of the view... he adjusts the aim of his MMU and accelerates down the corridor::
[22:30:37] <Gabriel> Roland> ::relays his sensor data to Gabriel::
[22:30:46] <Gabriel> ::tries to read the labels and interpret them::
[22:33:12] <Gabriel> ::glances up as he reads:: +com+ I've got someone in Talon BDUs in the north corridor. Talon, identify yourself.
[22:33:28] <Gabriel> ::gets his grapple gun ready::
[22:35:13] <Detro> Talon Nine-Four sir. Got cut off from the rest of Oh-Nine.
[22:35:18] <Detro> <<+com+ that>>
[22:35:58] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, Talon. Say name, rank, callsign, and come on through. Nike, cover him. We could use another Gear pilot to maintain our supply line. Say piloting quals.
[22:36:15] <Tychon> +com+ Acknowledged, Cap.
[22:38:30] <Detro> +com+ Sous-Sergeant Detro Takira sir. No callsign, but fully qualified gear pilot sir.
[22:42:42] <Thierry> ::Curses to himself as he tries to think of something he could do to save Joanna though nothing was really coming to mind.::
[22:43:43] <Craig> ::curses to himself as he clicks the trigger on the air burst missle:: eat this, and prophet help me...
[22:43:57] <Gabriel> +com+ Very good. PIC, abort orders to tow JJ. Take up guard position, expedite. Sous-Sergeant, you'll find a partially disabled Gear running on batteries approx 100 meters ahead of your position. Board, and drive it back to our Fury. There, you'll find a second light Gear, Shepherd. Switch mounts and come on back out, then help hold the supply line at this T-junction.
[22:44:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Pathfinder, warm up Shepherd.
[22:44:38] <PIC> +com+On it boss.
[22:44:43] <Detro> +com+ Aye sir, on my way.
[22:44:57] <Savant> If the APGL made a terrible oom, the airburst missile is hell itself. Fire - extual fire - flares briefly from the battered door, and Swifty is pelted with the ruined debris of the drones.
[22:47:21] <Thierry> ::Does another quick seal as the nurse finishes suction.:: Close up, Her life is in the hands of the prophet now. There's nothing more we can do here
[22:48:07] <Savant> The doors down the innermost corridor slice open, and a luster of car-sized, spidery drones clamber through, climbing along the walls
[22:48:33] <Gabriel> ::watches the chaos at Swifty's position with a grin:: +com+ Melissa, I could use that machine gun drone at my position.
[22:48:55] <Craig> ::hears the pings and pongs of the debris hitting the reinforced front of his gear, then breathes a sigh of relief when he sees no sign of any funtioning drones:: +com+ ...drones neutralized at south, moving back with the group
[22:49:28] <Savant> The doors close again as the drones immediately begin firing
[22:50:27] <Thierry> ::Pulls on his helmet that wasn't far away after he'd changed gloves and keyed the com:: +Com+ Captain, I thought you might want to know, if you know any good prayers, now's the time. There's nothing more I can do for Joanna with these facilities
[22:51:58] <Gabriel> Roland> ::sees octopi coming through the door and opens up with his heavy autocannon:: +com+ I've got company up here.
[22:53:11] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, doctor. Do your best. Nike, move up to support Erinyes. Wren, take Nike's position when able.
[22:53:18] <Savant> The drones take fire - one of them slams backwards hard and tumbles through the hall, dead. The second one loses a limb, and then another round goes right through its core. Two remain, however, their shots already licking along the walls
[22:54:49] <Gabriel> Roland> ::begins dodging their fire::
[22:54:50] <Thierry> ::Thierry's ears perked up:: +Com+ Don't mean to be rude, but is someone driving my gear?
[22:55:06] <Gabriel> +com+ Hang on up there, Erinyes. Help is on the way.
[22:56:07] <Gabriel> +com+ Wren is coming back into the fight wih PIC as pilot, doctor. Don't worry, she'll try not to damage the paint job.
[22:56:53] <PIC> +Com+Much.
[22:57:17] <Thierry> +Com+ Acknowledged. And you be a good girl Wren and I'll give you a good oiling in the morning
[22:59:18] <Thierry> ::Hunched over Joanna, half looking for any sign that she might come around, half praying to whatever dieties he could think of. He'd been in this position before and it never got any easier
[23:01:38] <Detro> ::continues to lay on the burn, adjusting his aim for the door... is THIS what airplane pilots feel like?::
[23:02:25] <Gabriel> ::fires his grapple gun at the corner he's approaching, then lets the cable go taut::
[23:03:24] <Gabriel> ::finds himself rocketing toward Roland's position::
[23:04:12] <Gabriel> ::sets aside his grapple gun and brings up his gyroc weapon::
[23:05:03] <HotSake> <Gargoyle> ::accelerates up the corridor toward the corner Tynes just rounded::
[23:06:13] <PIC> :aim fow Wren, and slows down, hads at the ready:
[23:08:40] <PIC> :With the grace of years of dance practice, Sarah grabs a hand-hold of Wren and bounds into the cockpit:
[23:10:04] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::continues down the corridor, turns to his right, aims his rocket gun down the corridor, and lets a shell fly::
[23:11:05] <Thierry> ::Notes as the montiors indicate that Joannas resperation was growing shallow and her heart nearly stopped. He tried one more attempt at defib, knowing it was probably futile::
[23:13:45] <Craig> ::shifts Swifty into reverse and backs away from the door::
[23:13:54] <Savant> The octopi in the halls begin skittering forward towards Roland- they appear to want to actually *latch on*. They take shots as they approach
[23:14:37] <Thierry> +Com+ Captain, I can no longer keep her alive by natural means. Unless we're going to find an advanced hospital in here that the CEF will let us borrow, I reccomend as Medical OFficer that life support be terminated and that she be permitted to die in peace. Do you concur?
[23:15:14] <Gabriel> Roland> ::watches the things clinically, then ducks back down the corridor a bit::
[23:17:30] <Tychon> ::deciding that 9-4 is okay, he moves to support Erinyes and investigate the drones::
[23:17:46] <Savant> The innermost doors sluice open onc moer, and four *more* of the bastards come skittering forwards. wo of them are armed with a broader-nosed, shorter cannon instead of the long laser cannons.
[23:20:39] <Savant> The lead vehicles are suttling forward, firing as they go. he rear two seem to be using some sort of evasio pattern as they move in behind their mechanical allies
[23:26:10] * Loaf (~anon@cpe-66-75-213-182.bak.res.rr.com) has joined #BT05
[23:26:10] * ChanServ sets mode: +v Loaf
[23:26:20] <Gabriel> ::slows down a bit and tosses a frag grenade down the corridor, aiming for the far corner::
[23:28:22] <Savant> The grenade goes off, sending vibrations down the corridor and filling that end of th hall with shrapnel and dust. Most of the drones seem okay, thoguh that closest one seems to have lost a limb
[23:29:55] <Gabriel> +com+ Could really use your help up here, Nike.
[23:30:29] <Tychon> ::frowns slightly, somewhat displeased with plodding along so slowly, relative to what he's used to:: +com+ En route, Captain.
[23:33:34] <PIC> :pushing Wren to the max, PIC spins the machine and rushes the corridor:
[23:34:04] <Detro> ::finally reaches the door to the corridor::
[23:35:16] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::continues his turn around the corner, firing at the drones attacking Erinyes::
[23:35:26] <Gabriel> +com+ Nail the front ones, nail the front ones!
[23:35:45] <Savant> The drones are flipping and moving too quickly; Birkin can't seem to get a bead on the squirm things.
[23:38:54] <Gabriel> Roland> ::opens fire on the forward two drones with his HAC, then lets loose a few incendiary rockets, trying to set up a wall::
[23:43:22] <Savant> Rolands' rockets flare out into the hallway - the first one coats a drone in inendiary goo, and the thing nearly *dissolves*. The second rocket however, makes a disturbing "thnuk" sound in the launcher, and several lights in Rolands' compartment go red.
[23:43:37] <Gabriel> Roland> ::starts swearing profusely::
[23:45:03] <Gabriel> Roland> +com+ I'm running short of ammunition up here...
[23:45:41] <PIC> +Com+On the move, I'll be there shortly!
[23:46:11] <Thierry> ::Not hearing an overrule from Gabe, Theirry nodded to his remaining assistant to pull the respirator on Joanna::
[23:46:13] <Gabriel> +com+ Sous-Sergeant Takira, you'll find a miniaturized laser cannon on the equipment pallet in the entry bay. Bring it up when you can.
[23:47:44] <Detro> +com+ Yessir. Should be in the damaged gear in a few seconds.
[23:48:52] <Gabriel> +com+ Nike, when you get up here, make those frag cannon models in back a priority. I'd just as soon not die in here.
[23:52:56] <Craig> ::backs to near the doorway where the team entered:: +com+ i've repositioned myself by the entryway, still holding the rear, south corridor is quite a mess right now though no signs of anymore resistance as yet
[23:53:15] * Loaf is now known as Ig
[23:55:32] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, we've got a closed door in front of us, whenever you have a few minutes to spare...
[23:55:35] <Tychon> ::coaxes a bit more speed out of his gear's legs than normal and moves up to support Roland, unleashing a triple-burst of dazzling carnage from his LPLC, the heated light tearing holes into each of the three drones posing a threat at the end of the hall:: +com+ Sorry for being late, Captain.
[23:55:41] <Thierry> :: As the monitors showed the last signs of life leaving Joanna Thierry sighed and keyed the com.:: +Com+ 5th Black Talon, now hear this. May the record reflect that at this time on this date that Corporal Joanna Farrell of the Peace River Defense Force died from wounds sustained in battle. May the Gentle Spirit take her and give her peace
[23:56:14] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[23:56:24] <Thierry> ::ATTN::
[23:56:29] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[23:56:30] <Detro> ::attn::
[23:56:36] <Craig> ::attn::
[23:56:37] <Melissa> ::attn::
[23:56:45] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[23:56:57] * PIC is now known as CavScout
[23:57:00] <Savant> whew! One more session and it's over, I promise. You're almost there.
[23:57:20] <Tychon> Much funness.
[23:57:27] <Savant> comments or questions?
[23:57:29] <Tychon> No complaints from me (other than my desk's untidiness)
[23:57:43] <HotSake> Way to end on a triumph and a tragedy :p
[23:57:43] <Savant> t'isnt my fault, that ^_-
[23:57:45] <Gabriel> Nope, great fun. Hectic as hell.
[23:57:51] <Thierry> Even though I can't really properly RP surgery since I can't look, I had fun
[23:57:58] <Savant> hectic is fun once in awhile ^_-
[23:57:59] <Detro> Yeah. It's all about the lemon Lemon.
[23:58:06] <Detro> ^_____^
[23:58:11] <Tychon> Sorry for being somewhat inattentive at points. Was variably tending to this invalid I'm taking care of, talking to my parents on the phone, or dealing with messiness/garbage.
[23:58:27] <Savant> s'okay Tychon.
[23:58:40] <Craig> invalid?
[23:58:46] <HotSake> Hell, I was cleaning the dishes and fending off rabid cats for the first hour
[23:58:46] <Tychon> Cody's sick. Wink
[23:59:06] <Craig> is she that bad or you just exagerating?Smile
[23:59:09] <Savant> would anyone like experience points? Because I have a big bag of them. Too many for *me* to use, for sure. And I like to be generous with what I have.
[23:59:15] <Tychon> Nah, I just had to make her some soup.
[23:59:22] <Tychon> I like experience points.
[23:59:39] <Craig> XP is good
[23:59:50] <Savant> i'll start with 2.
[23:59:50] <Gabriel> XP would be very nice, yes.
[23:59:52] <HotSake> I'll take a share of XP, just to be a dick.
[23:59:57] <Savant> think you guys worked together well as a etam?
Session Time: Fri Feb 09 00:00:00 2007
[00:00:02] <Tychon> Hell yeah.
[00:00:03] <Craig> yeah
[00:00:12] <Savant> HotSake: You certainly will. They'll be bonus when you finall do joni up ^_-
[00:00:21] <Savant> bah. Join
[00:00:22] <Detro> I'd have to say no, only because I'm cut off from my real team Wink
[00:00:28] <Detro> Bad Gotah, bad!
[00:00:42] <Savant> don't blame him that he got exploded.
[00:00:42] <Tychon> Swifty holding one door, Roland scouting forward, Tychon holding the north (for all that did Wink). Moving together to take out the surprise drones from the south, Mem all the while supporting us on the computer side. We'd never have done so well without teamwork.
[00:00:47] <Thierry> Wait, didn't I get a bonus XP in my observation week?
[00:01:10] <Savant> thierry, they've been plying; you weren't RPing ni your observation so far as I recall.
[00:01:44] <Savant> i agree. You guys worked together extemely well. And you coninue o improve. +1 makes 3.
[00:01:44] <Gabriel> Yep, teamwork again this week. We fought through and established our supply line, and Swifty's doing an admirable job of holding the door open.
[00:02:08] <Savant> Acoplish any major objectievs today?
[00:02:17] <Thierry> Was kiddin Smile
[00:02:19] <Tychon> Ross just said it -- we established our supply line. That's huge.
[00:02:22] <Thierry> Killed off Joanna Smile
[00:02:29] <Detro> Hmm. I killed a GREL with one shot.
[00:02:32] <Savant> he
[00:02:39] <Craig> yeah though i certain do hope that ABM took care of any other opposition in that corridor, the -2 man would surely kill me
[00:02:41] <Gabriel> Yep. Now we move in on foot and take the computer center. Might even be time for Mem to freakin' wake up. Wink
[00:02:57] <Savant> these are all admirabl hings, but not really storyline-affecting, and that's sort of what this question is for
[00:03:21] <Savant> next week you'll get that one in spades though, I think.
[00:03:36] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Other than securing our left flank, yeah.
[00:03:38] <Gabriel> That we did.
[00:03:38] <Thierry> Unless Lemon kills us all Razz
[00:03:38] <Savant> would you say this qualiies as a combat encounter?
[00:03:56] <Gabriel> Aheh, seemed to be, yes.
[00:04:03] <Thierry> Um, Lets see, how many shots did we get off Smile
[00:04:25] <Gabriel> I count 105 rounds of various types expended.
[00:04:27] <Tychon> Aheh. Well, we shot stuff. Sounds like combat. Wink
[00:04:29] <Detro> I say, screw the debris. Blast gear-sized holes to our target. Will harm the enemy more than us if we're careful.
[00:04:38] <Thierry> Stuff shot us too
[00:04:49] <Craig> 2 FCG's, 1 APGL and an ABM from Swifty:P
[00:05:17] <Savant> four points. Five, since it's against at least equivalent opponents. A bonus for Craig for taking on those four drones pretty much by himself.
[00:05:37] <Detro> You could say he was... THIRSTY for action. ^__^
[00:05:42] <Craig> ::bows::
[00:05:47] <Savant> Craig gets the Iron Man of the Match award
[00:05:52] <Tychon> 5 for all, 6 for Craig. Huzzah!
[00:06:13] <Savant> I'll award a freebie i you acn tell me what you look forward to doing after you leave this station behind you.
[00:06:20] <Savant> if you can, even. Obviousl
[00:06:22] <Tychon> Getting. Back. On. Ground!
[00:06:23] <HotSake> Going to Disneyland!
[00:06:27] <Savant> hee
[00:06:35] <Tychon> Tychon doesn't like how unusual attempting to duel in 0-G is. Wink
[00:06:41] <Detro> <Joanna> Having that creep's hands off my body. <Coda> Now that's not nice...
[00:07:05] <Gabriel> Well, keep building up that skill, 'cause Gabriel looks forward to taking the fight to the real Eighth Fleet, rather than messing around with garrison forces.
[00:07:09] <Thierry> Thierry will be up for some serious spiritual soul searching
[00:07:09] <Savant> i think ground will not feature for some tmie, really....
[00:07:13] <Gabriel> Can't do that on the ground.
[00:07:25] <Tychon> Oh, I plan to.
[00:07:35] <HotSake> Sorry for burning most of the drone's ammo. I wasn't really expecting it to survive the squids to the south
[00:07:48] <Gabriel> No worries. That's what it was there fore.
[00:07:50] <Gabriel> -e
[00:07:56] <Savant> that's fine, HotSake. Plenty more drones where that came from.
[00:08:06] <Gabriel> Plenty more LMG rounds, too.
[00:08:06] <Savant> i'm sure Melissa will love to build more.
[00:08:27] <Detro> Hmm. Lessee. My personal stuff's been blown up. My gear's been blown up. The only decent Talon 05 gear open is blown up. My Talon's been blasted badly. So... I guess Detro would wind up looking forward to spending quality time in the tank with Melissa?
[00:08:28] <Craig> Craig's probably wanting to do some relaxing after this, but will likely be busy with repairs:P
[00:08:50] <Savant> okay. Six experience for all, a onus of one to make seven for Craig. Very well handled guys.
[00:09:03] <Tychon> Woo. Thanks Mouse. Smile
[00:09:08] <Savant> yo betcha
[00:09:12] <Tychon> 1 xp / skill / session?
[00:09:13] <Savant> !callend
[00:09:14] <Savant> whoop
[00:09:24] <Savant> yes, Tychon
[00:09:28] * Savant sets mode: -m
[00:09:28] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Baiting the Tiger in session next Thursday'
[00:09:28] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[20:00:59] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[20:01:05] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[20:01:07] <Detro> ::snaps to attention::
[20:01:08] <Craig> ::attn::
[20:01:09] <Fraser> ::attn and such::
[20:01:13] <Birkin> ::attn::
[20:01:15] <Tychon> ::attn::
[20:01:16] * kari (~kari@et.gve.org.uk) has joined #BT05
[20:01:26] * Savant sets mode: +v kari
[20:01:39] <Thierry> ::ATTN::
[20:01:50] <Knight> ::ATTN::
[20:02:12] <Savant> good evening and welcome to another sessino of Black Talon 05.
[20:02:26] <Savant> Family's getting a litle bigger. We ought to have some good fun though.
[20:02:48] <Savant> Tonight we should be able to wrap up this little story arc. Depends on you guys really
[20:03:00] <Savant> I'll give you a briefing, and then we can get to questions, then start.
[20:03:13] <Savant> Baiting the Tiger
[20:03:13] <Savant> 07 Summer TN, 1100h - Late Morning
[20:03:13] <Savant> TN3 Tannhauser Anomaly, Loki system
[20:03:13] <Savant> -231 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[20:03:13] <Savant> The time for training is done and the task is at hand. The Talons have begun their raid upon the CEF installations on the other side of the Gate in earnest.
[20:03:15] <Savant> Battle is upon you! The Talons have spent the last hour in an exhaustnig and nerve-wracking game of cat-and-mouse with a swarm of drones and two CEF cruisers as they make their approach from the Gate to the station. The pain-staking stillness was punctured only by low rumbles as the Fury vibrated from nearby nuclear explosions until just recently.
[20:03:19] <Savant> And then for war. Jeremi Peresalona has proven his skill against all odds by driving Talon 05 straight through the heart of the CEF formation and to the Helios transit station. Rockets rippled to make an entrance in one of the central docking bays, near the core. And in goes Captain Tynes and his team
[20:03:23] <Savant> Recover as much data as you can from the labs! Capture or kill the station commanders before they can escape! Visit revenge upon the infidels for the decimation of Lyonesse! For Terra Nova and Glory!
[20:03:26] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[20:03:36] <Thierry> Ack
[20:03:37] <Birkin> ack
[20:03:49] <Knight> ack
[20:03:52] <Tychon> pain-staking?
[20:03:53] <Detro> ack
[20:04:17] <Thierry> For Joanna! Smile
[20:04:22] <Gabriel> ack
[20:04:24] <Savant> it is indeed a word. And an appropriate word given the circumstances.
[20:04:30] <Savant> anyways. Questions?
[20:04:36] <Craig> ack
[20:04:39] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[20:04:49] * Detro applauds Fraser's return
[20:05:04] <Gabriel> ::salutes Chuck Norris:: And no questions here.
[20:05:16] <Savant> Yeah, welcoem back Fraser. Also welcome, CavScout. Fisrt game.
[20:05:28] <Ardelmos> My condolences.
[20:05:32] <Savant> let's not use him as the pointman tonight, hmm? Just as a nice little welcoming present ^_-
[20:05:33] <Knight> ;p
[20:05:33] <Ardelmos> Wink
[20:05:33] <Tychon> Mouse has already started hitting the whiskey, I see.
[20:05:49] <Savant> psh. Rum and coke, thank you kindly.
[20:05:53] <Detro> Nah. It's that keyboard. It's collaborating with the CEF Wink
[20:05:58] <Craig> yeah a shoulder wound would be a good initiation:)
[20:06:09] <Thierry> Hmmm, my first game...Thierry sat in a jag and stared at Joanna
[20:06:21] <Savant> if there are no questions we'll start off the game outside of the initiative sequence. When you're ready to go in we'll roll for combat sense.
[20:06:47] <Savant> let's do this thang.
[20:06:50] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[20:07:32] <Savant> It's been a brief lull in the battle - the defenders have given up on attacking, likely shoring up their defenses in uncaptured areas. This gives the Talons the opportunityto regroup and prepare for the Big Push
[20:07:56] <Gabriel> ::approaches the door behind the front-line Gears:: +com+ Mem, we've got a closed door here. ::looks over his shoulder, then tosses a computer interlink back to Detro:: Detro, interlink this door.
[20:07:59] <Ardelmos> ::slips out of Erinyes and carefully clambers over the gear's handholds to the storage compartment, where he quickly pulls out his prepared goods and begins slapping them into holsters, pouches, and bandoliers::
[20:08:15] <Thierry> ::Theirry took a series of deep breaths as he manuvered into position and then refilled his MMU. It was hard to focus so soon after losing a paitent, but this was war, not a behind the lines hospital::
[20:08:39] <Gabriel> PIC> ::takes over Roland's place aboard Erinyes:: +com+ Don't worry, Senior Sergeant. She won't get a scratch.
[20:08:41] <Detro> +com+ Yessir. ::catches the interlink and moves forward::
[20:09:00] <Birkin> ::cracks his neck to the left and then to the right:: +com+ We gonna send a drone out first to take a peep into this new area?
[20:09:16] <Craig> ::after settling into Wren, flicks on the comms:: +com+ i'm now in control of Wren and Swifty is safely back at the fury, will continue to keep watch here
[20:09:31] <Ardelmos> +com+ ::growls:: You see that she don't. ::theatrically slams the power pack into the BIL he pulls out and holds the weapon across his body:: We gonna kill some more vatfucks, or what?
[20:09:37] <Tychon> ::finds himself covering Detro once again, the LPLC aimed squarely at the doorway::
[20:09:52] <Savant> Reinyes and Nike both detect ibration on theotehr side of the wall. Things are moving in there, for sure.
[20:09:54] <Thierry> +Com+ Be nice to my girl Senior Ranger. And you behave Wren...and don't blab too much
[20:10:10] <Tychon> +com+ Definite movement on the other side of the door, Cap.
[20:10:16] <Knight> ::Checks gear for integrity and takes stock of his inventory:: +com+Thanks for the welcome, I didn't see any left of BT09 comin'this way. Glad to see you made it Detro+
[20:10:52] <Gabriel> +com+ Switch to gatling laser cannons. Likely more than one. And prepare to put a couple of grenades through the door. Birkin, Roland, you're on that. ::offers Roland a frag if he needs one::
[20:11:07] <Savant> Wren> ::opens a communication link with Theirry::
[20:11:38] <Ardelmos> +com+ Roger that ::pulls one of the three frag grenades he brought along off of his bandolier and pushes lightly off of Erinyes' torso, floating towards the wall alongside the closed door::
[20:11:47] <Thierry> +Com+ Yes Wren? ::preps his BIL::
[20:11:58] <Birkin> +com+ Line of sight then people. ::takes aim with his gernade launcher, preparing to fire as soon as the doors open up::
[20:12:00] <Gabriel> +com+ Watch the shrapnel. Nobody goes through until it clears some.
[20:12:01] <Detro> ::while he hooks up:: +com+ Glad to clear the way. ::finishes the hookup:: +com+ Interlink operational.
[20:12:11] <Savant> Wren> ::There's no communication, just an open link. Craig can hear Thierry just fine, though.::
[20:12:23] <Gabriel> ::pushes himself off the wall to get to the other wall and out of Birkin's way::
[20:12:27] <Detro> ::moves to back out of the way::
[20:12:52] <Detro> ::aims the BIL at the door::
[20:12:57] <Ardelmos> ::holds the BIL with the barrell pointing towards the ceiling in his right hand, rotating the grenade over in his left hand as he floats along the right side of the door::
[20:13:03] <Tychon> ::reflexively tenses up Nike's stance, preparing to block his cockpit with the Gear's arms::
[20:13:09] <Craig> ::smirks, the gear definetly has a mind of it's own, and seems to like bugging thierry::
[20:13:11] <Knight> ::Finds what cover he can along wall::
[20:13:15] <Ardelmos> ::mutters to himself:: Should've brought a breaching charge.
[20:13:56] <Thierry> +Com+ Lets do this for Joanna
[20:14:14] <Savant> Mem> +com+ Okay, Sir. I've got the door set up to go. Locked'em out for... well, I have it for the moment.
[20:14:52] <Gabriel> +com+ Open the door on my go. ::glances to make sure Birkin and Roland are ready, then:: Three. Two. One. Go!
[20:15:38] <Savant> The door in front of Roland, Detro and the Gears slides open.
[20:18:46] <Knight> ::Finsihes inventory:: +com+ Captain, I've got a few noise makers left, 2 blocks, 1 satchel, 2 framies and 6 meters of detcord
[20:18:52] <Ardelmos> ::cooks off the grenade and heaves it through the door as best he can with his left arm, hoping to bank it off a wall and further down the corridor before it goes off -- the toss sends him tumbling back and to the right somewhat, taking him out of direct view of the door::
[20:19:33] <Savant> Roland , Detro and the Gears see darkness inside. There's no lights and little heat to show up on infared.
[20:22:16] <Tychon> ::frowns, part of him relieved, part of him worried -- shouldn't there be something?::
[20:22:16] <Birkin> +com+ Goddamn. Remind me not to challenge you at pool.
[20:22:37] <Detro> +com+ ::impressed:: Leave that to me.
[20:25:18] <Savant> As he's throwing, Roland sees a fanit glimmer up in the opposite top corner of the hallway. A set of four eyes glaring down at him from the roof; an Octopus drone.
[20:26:15] <Savant> Then his grenade goes off; spraying a light and fairly harmless shower of shrapnel into the Talons' faces
[20:26:43] <Ardelmos> +com+ Squiddy in the corner! ::bounces into a defense move as he notes the glimmer of one of those damned drones looking in on him::
[20:27:11] <Thierry> +Com+ Great
[20:27:30] <Savant> A brief second later, a much more devastating spray of shrapnel comes ni front the corridor as the wto frag cannons on he Drones' arms fire at retreating Roland
[20:29:34] <Gabriel> +com+ Melissa, bring up one of the Gargoyles and let's have a peek down the hallway. Try not to get its head shot off just yet. Thierry, make way. PIC, nail that... {{thinks to himself, "squiddy?"}} ::shrugs:: squiddy!
[20:31:45] <Thierry> +Com+ Yessir
[20:31:59] <Gabriel> PIC> ::puts a single shot into the dron, crouching a bit to do it, then falls back a bit:: +com+ ::glee:: Dead squiddy!
[20:32:25] <Savant> The "squiddy" explodes in a very satisfying manner. Apparently there are no repecussions.
[20:34:16] <Tychon> ::keeps the LPLC ready, but holds his station until something reveals itself through the relatively small doorway::
[20:35:00] <Knight> ::pulls along wall, resting just behind the captain::
[20:35:19] <Gabriel> ::waits for one of the Gargoyles to get moving::
[20:37:36] <Detro> +com+ Anything that goes through that door is going to be lit up by the light from this hall. We should turn off the lights here first.
[20:37:38] <Thierry> ::Pushes off the wall to slide out of the way so the drones can come up and do their job::
[20:39:10] <Gabriel> +com+ Good call, Sous-Sergeant. Mem, kill the lights.
[20:40:00] <Savant> After a moment, the lights go out.
[20:40:47] <Ardelmos> ::gets himself back under control as the squiddy goes up in a ball of flame and the lights are killed, grabbing a handhold alongside the door::
[20:40:59] <Craig> ::moves wren down the hall a bit, and sets up a patrol to keep himself moving
[20:41:01] <Craig> ::
[20:45:36] <Gabriel> +com+ Patch me into the Gargoyle sensor, Melissa. ::swings up his arm and turns on his field dataglove::
[20:46:05] <Savant> Melissa> +com+ on it!
[20:46:27] <Gabriel> Gargoyle> ::reaches the door, extends its toolarm with is little head through the door and peeks down the hall::
[20:46:43] <Gabriel> <<*its>>
[20:47:28] <Gabriel> ::watches through the Gargoyle sensor as the head extends:: +com+ Roland, keep an eye on that door to the left.
[20:47:42] <Savant> The gargoyle peeks down the hall - Gabriel get some darkness, then static. The gargoyle retracts its little head - or what's left of it. More like a charred stump with a hole bored through it.
[20:48:00] <Gabriel> ::nods grimly, then rewinds and replays, frame-by-frame::
[20:48:03] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S0106000b6a8ab288.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
[20:48:03] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[20:48:04] <Ardelmos> +com+ ::clicks his mic in acknowledgement and levels his BIL at the door he can see through the doorway::
[20:48:54] <Savant> Gargoyle> ::clumsily retreats a few meters, now blind::
[20:49:36] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[20:50:08] <Melissa> ::frowns as her drone is blinded:: Dang it
[20:50:33] <Savant> After a bit of searching, Gabriel gets an ugly picture. Some multi-armed drones with saws and cutters have dragged heavy cement bags up from smoewhere, and are erecting a barricade. Behind this is a cluster of men. there are more glints of metal in the shadows as well
[20:50:55] <Gabriel> ::relays the picture to anyone else who might have thought to bring a dataglove or a PDA::
[20:51:13] <Knight> +com+ That's going to be ugly...
[20:51:28] <Detro> ::catches the replay on the field dataglove he has:: +com+ That's a pretty nasty setup.
[20:51:36] <Ardelmos> ::watches the replay, checking the layout of the hall and the height of the barricade, trying to determine if he could get the anti-vehicle grenade he brought down there::
[20:51:45] <Thierry> ::Checks his Glove:: +Com+ That's for sure
[20:52:18] <Ardelmos> +com+ Sixty, sixty-five meters is the rane
[20:52:22] <Ardelmos> (range)
[20:53:05] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, gonna need you to close this door back up in a few seconds. Everyone, fall back, fire in the hole.
[20:53:24] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger
[20:53:30] <Craig> ::recieves image on Wren's computer:: +com+ guess i picked a bad to send swifty back. an ABM would have taken care of that...
[20:53:34] <Ardelmos> +com+ I could toss a nade down there, but it'd be a helluva shot, and they'd probably shoot it down. Launcher might work, but it'd be tricky.
[20:53:48] <Gabriel> ::nods:: +com+ Senior Sergeant, help me with this SDG. We'll roll it down the hall.
[20:54:05] <Detro> +com+ Range sounds right to me. And whatever's shooting has some really good equipment for the dark.
[20:54:06] <Tychon> ::frowns, not liking the transmitted imagery at all, and not liking that he can't -do- anything about it, either::
[20:54:08] <Gabriel> ::pushes off the wall toward the Fire Egg and its biggest piece of cargo::
[20:54:13] <Melissa> +Com+ Captain? Why not let the fire egg deliver the SDG?
[20:54:14] <Ardelmos> ::grunts and turns around to help Tynes:: How're we gonna get it down there without them shooting it to bits?
[20:54:28] <Gabriel> +com+ Won't survive a half second, Dekarch.
[20:54:36] <Knight> +com+Smoke the hall?
[20:54:57] <Gabriel> ::nods at Knight:: +com+ I've got a couple of smoke grenades. They won't last long, but they'll last long enough.
[20:55:00] <Melissa> +com+ Then why not give them something to think about while a Gear throws it in?
[20:55:12] <Ardelmos> ::glances to his right as he moves to help Tynes, and the door there -- he pulled up what schematics he had:: You know....the end of this room here is pretty close to that barricade...
[20:55:34] <Knight> +com+Captain, I've got 2 as well, gladly give 'em up. Can't hit the back side of a gear at 10 paces...
[20:55:37] <Gabriel> +com+ That'll be plan B, but it'll take a long time and make a hell of a mess.
[20:55:59] <Gabriel> +com+ One of yours, one of mine, then Knight. Birkin, help the Senior Sergeant with the pail.
[20:56:12] <Detro> +com+ What if we blast a hole in the wall directly across from the door here?
[20:56:21] <Knight> ::Un-snaps a concel nade passes to the Captain::
[20:56:21] <Savant> There's an uneasy sort of still
[20:56:30] <Ardelmos> +com+ Roger. Alright Boomer, let's get this piece of shit to the door
[20:56:31] <Gabriel> +com+ Come on, people, fall back.
[20:56:41] <Thierry> ::Catches himself and on the far wall and then relevls his BIL at the door::
[20:56:49] <Detro> ::falls back as he says that::
[20:57:16] <Gabriel> ::pulls himself along the wall toward the front, unlimbering one of his concealment grenades::
[20:57:19] <Birkin> ::grunts slinging his rifle across his back and helps Roland bring the large SDG over:: +com+ Fucking things are a lot heavier when not in gear.
[20:57:37] <Gabriel> ::guides the disabled Gargoyle out of the door and into a corner::
[20:59:06] <Tychon> ::keeps himself near the door as the others fall back, preparing to guard the lesser-protected Talons::
[20:59:29] <Gabriel> +com+ Recommend you fall back a bit, Nike.
[21:00:04] <Ardelmos> ::frowns:: +com+ Captain.....there's a vibration coming from the airlock wall.
[21:00:05] <Detro> ::Frowns, then reaches out and feels the wall:: +com+ Vibrations in the airlock wall...
[21:00:05] <Tychon> +com+ Aye, Cap. Was going to cover you guys if you needed it. Pulling back.
[21:00:32] <Savant> Both Roland and etro feel some sort of vibration coming from the airlock wall. They grow more intense and then stop suddenly.
[21:01:17] <Melissa> +com+ Guys? Why are we not using ECM?
[21:01:20] <Detro> +com+ Recommend we pull back, they could be drilling into the wall to place an explosive.
[21:01:29] <Melissa> +com+ We're up against drones...
[21:03:53] <Gabriel> Mem> +com+ Hm? Oh! Guess I should power on the system after entering the parameters, shouldn't I?
[21:04:31] <Melissa> +com+ Um...yes...please?
[21:04:47] <Thierry> ::Takes several deep breaths waiting for something to do::
[21:05:28] <Gabriel> +com+ Come on, people, let's speed this right along. There's probably a drone right on the other side of this wall.
[21:06:14] <Savant> As the Talons push the large grenade forwards, a similar object slams down from the ceiling on the opposite side of the door, impacts with the foor right ni front o Roland and Detro, and begins to float quickly towards the ceiling...
[21:06:26] <Ardelmos> ::grunts:: +com+ Shouldn't we take care of that before we toss this thing? It's apt to blow the thing to all hell. ::continues lugging the thing towards the door::
[21:06:32] <Ardelmos> Aw fuck.
[21:06:42] <Detro> +com+ MOVE
[21:07:03] <Melissa> ::blinks:: This cannot end well...eep
[21:09:26] <Knight> ::Press against wall for all the cover he can find::
[21:09:40] <Gabriel> ::fires his thrusters emergency back::
[21:09:46] <Gabriel> +com+ Fall back people, now now now!
[21:10:05] <Birkin> ::burns as much as he possibly can away from that thing, dropping backwards::
[21:11:14] <Ardelmos> +com+ Shoot the fucking thing! Shoot it!
[21:11:16] <Tychon> +com+ Hit the deck, Talons!
[21:11:33] <Ardelmos> ::levels the BIL on it as he pushes back::
[21:11:52] <Knight> ::ponders, no way is he going to see two BT teams wiped in one day...::
[21:13:14] <Craig> ::curses offcom as he's too far to be of any help right now...::
[21:13:30] <Tychon> ::pulls up the LPLC and aims for a non-lethal-looking portion of the thing, intent on knocking it back into the other corridor::
[21:14:30] <Melissa> ::ponders the likelihood of getting a gargoyle to 'cover' the grenade::
[21:18:06] <Tychon> ::sees his shot line-up before him and lets the gear's trigger-finger tap the firing stud on the LPLC -- the shot lances out in the dark hallway; invisible to the naked eye but its effects a practically immediate::
[21:18:20] <Melissa> ::reaches for the control, but pauses, seeing the shot going at the grenade::
[21:18:31] <Tychon> <<are>>
[21:19:10] <Savant> The grenade keeps spinnnig, but steam rises from it and a stripe along its middle glows red nutil the hing cracks open. Jelly ooze sizzles inside, but doesn't explode.
[21:19:33] <Ardelmos> +com+ ...well that was unpleasant. Can we kill these fuckers now? Please?
[21:19:37] <Knight> +com+What the hell?
[21:19:52] <Gabriel> +com+ Nice shooting, Tychon. If you have a grenade, put it through the door.
[21:20:07] <Thierry> ::Breathes a sigh of releif:: +Com+ Pains me to say this, but I'm with Roland. Lets kill some Grel
[21:21:01] <Birkin> ::exhales as the threat is neutralized:: +com+ Want me to try and ricochet with my gernades or somethin? going out into that doesn't look present.
[21:21:12] <Melissa> ::sighs and then mutters off com:: This is why drones open doors....
[21:22:08] <Savant> Tense seconds pass.
[21:22:12] <Tychon> ::can't help but grin inside his helmet:: +com+ Thank you, sir. As long as we keep a current away from that grenade, I think it'll be dormant.
[21:23:50] <Detro> ::eyes the grenade:: +com+ Safe. It won't be active so long as a certain electrical voltage is applied to it...
[21:24:46] <Gabriel> PIC> ::edges forward, looking up toward the ceiling::
[21:25:07] <Detro> ::having reported that, decides to stay where he is for now::
[21:25:15] <Tychon> ::switches to his AGPL and takes aim through the doorway, trying to image the shot in his head as well as with his sensors before firing, lobbing the grenade through the corridor and bouncing it off the far wall::
[21:25:52] <Savant> Tychon' shot rebounds down the corridor and detonates. He's got no idea how successful it is.
[21:26:56] <Savant> PIC sees a bit more, though. There's a mean looking drone with no ranged weapnos,b ut a collection of saws, cutters, and other ugly things on the ceiling. It scuttles forwards as it's spotted, to where PIC can't see it anymore.
[21:27:17] <Birkin> +com+ Is there any way we can light up that corridor? Isn't Mem in charge of this shithole of a station?
[21:27:43] <Gabriel> PIC> +com+ Sergent Birkin, don't... you know... move a whole lot. ::levels her HGLC at the thing and fires::
[21:27:56] <Detro> ((Correction: It's safe, so long as a certain electrical voltage isn't applied to it))
[21:28:12] <Savant> Mem> They got smoe sort of manual override over there. Can't touch'em, unless you can get me an interlink on a computer there.
[21:29:13] <Savant> PIC's shot is devastating. She burns a hole clear through the things body. A pair of semiconducting battery coils drift downwards slowly as its parts drift away from one another.
[21:29:34] <Gabriel> PIC> +com+ ::makes a sound that sounds very much like a staticky raspberry::
[21:29:37] <Detro> ::watching the shot:: Keep those battery coils AWAY from this thing!
[21:30:14] <Ardelmos> ::continues hauling the thing towards the door, though he's not sure exactly how they're going to toss it down the hall:: +com+ Someone order a boom-boom?
[21:30:45] <Thierry> ::Releases another sigh of releif as the thing dies::
[21:32:10] <Craig> ::as he keeps an eye on the southern doors, he takes a few steps back and sighs:: +com+ i got movement at the south door here
[21:32:23] <Gabriel> +com+ I'll pop smoke and foil into the hallway. Stay very low, and try to bobble it along the floor. Set the timer for 15 seconds. That ought to get it at least somewhat down the hall.
[21:33:43] <Melissa> +com+ Umm...movement?
[21:34:08] <Ardelmos> ::grunts:: Sixty five meters. Fifteen seconds. Right....but don't we want to get it over the barricade?
[21:34:24] <Craig> +com+ i can't tell exactly yet, but there's something in that corridor
[21:34:33] <Gabriel> ::tosses his obscurement grenade into the breach:: If it gets anywhere close, the barricade won't matter. That hallway will be hell.
[21:34:42] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, as soon as the grenade is through, close the door!
[21:35:16] <Gabriel> <<+com+ on the first>>
[21:35:32] <Savant> Gabriel throws the smoke grenades, which quickly go off. Light whisps begin to filter in on th Talons.
[21:35:37] <Ardelmos> ::looks at Birkin:: +com+ Ready?
[21:35:49] <Thierry> ::Mutters something in his helmet about god, his wrath, and the unnatural purple demons
[21:36:07] <Ardelmos> Aw hell... +com+ Another squiddy!
[21:36:09] <Gabriel> +com+ Hurry.
[21:36:17] <Detro> +com+ Merde!
[21:36:40] <Birkin> ::nods::
[21:36:56] <Thierry> +Com+ What he said
[21:37:42] <Savant> A pair of mechanical hands grab on to the door frame, and a pair of laser cannons swivel right into the Talons faces
[21:38:27] <Savant> They are, possibly, the largest and most intimidating weapons that Roland, Birkin or Detro have ever had shoved into their faces
[21:38:43] <Melissa> ::gulps, seeing the drone::
[21:39:11] <Birkin> Motherfucking..
[21:39:45] <Knight> +com+ What kind of explosives we got in your equipment pallet Captain?
[21:40:02] <Gabriel> PIC> ::fires wildly::
[21:40:20] <Thierry> +Com+ I got a couple AVGs if that helps?
[21:40:23] <Savant> PICs shot goes wide, boring a hole a foot into the wall instead
[21:40:51] <Gabriel> PIC> ::tries to dodge the return fire::
[21:41:59] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, get the Prophet-blessed doors shut!
[21:42:31] <Knight> +com to Gabriel+ If you boys have any of those SDGs left, I may be able to breah a heavy wall, make us a detour around these guys.
[21:43:28] <Melissa> +com+ Um...guys...I *can* attempt to hack these drones....more specifically if we can find the command center, I can own these drones. Just so you know
[21:43:29] <Savant> The two guns begin firing into the Gears. PIC tries to roll out of the way but a shot lances into Erinyes' leg. Nike, being on his feet, is more agile and avoids the worst of it
[21:43:45] <Tychon> ::leaps to the side, evading the incoming fire::
[21:44:15] <Craig> +com+ i believe the command center is on the other side of those drones....
[21:44:35] <Ardelmos> +com+ Something which would could have been brought to our attention yesterday! ::swears as he and Birkin shove the SDG off and down the hall before quickly taking cover again::
[21:44:56] <Gabriel> +com+ You are correct, Senior Ranger. We just have to push past them, Dekarch. Get ready to get your own drones moving.
[21:45:19] <Savant> The door takes a few agonizing seconds to close, but doesn't close entirely. The two hands strain to keep the frame open.
[21:45:40] <Melissa> +com+ Well, didn't want to interrupt you excellent execution of metal objects ::sticks her tongue out::
[21:46:11] <Birkin> ::shoves the big gernade outside::
[21:46:36] <Thierry> ::Waits nervously...he shouldn't be nervous...why was he nervous?::
[21:47:49] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[21:47:54] <Savant> The grenade starts down the hallway. Melissa gets a cheerful report from the grenade on its slow transit down the hall
[21:48:19] <Melissa> +com+ Grenade is going good...
[21:49:21] <Ardelmos> ::brings up his BIL and takes a bead through the crack in the door:: Haven't had enough fun yet, fucker? ::depresses the trigger::
[21:49:26] <Detro> +com+ Thank goodness for small miracles... What's the plan after this?
[21:49:44] <Gabriel> +com+ Most likely, cutting or blasting open a jammed door.
[21:50:13] <Gabriel> +com+ We're about to see how well humans can build things.
[21:50:46] <Savant> Roland burns one finger off of the drone, then another. It lets go and that side of the door slides closed
[21:51:52] <Savant> A flurry of laser shots ring out down the hallway. There's a shattering explosion as a frag cannon goes off, then another.
[21:52:10] <Gabriel> ::backs up a bit, using wall handholds::
[21:52:39] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, get the door the rest of the way closed.
[21:53:05] * Melissa (~dstirling@S0106000b6a8ab288.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[21:53:27] <Savant> The door slides closed as much as i can - there are still the barrels of two laser cannons jammed between them
[21:54:53] <Detro> ::lets off a shot on the one of the laser barrels::
[21:55:46] <Savant> Detros shot slams into the barrel of one cannon and after a moment cracks the casing. It's stil there, but sort of... crumpled.
[21:57:20] <Gabriel> PIC> ::gets Erinyes to his feet and backs off a bit::
[21:57:41] <Thierry> ::Draws a bead on the protruding laser cannons and pulls off a shot from the BIL::
[21:58:23] <Savant> hierry's shot is similar to Detros - it kills the other cannon effectively, but the metal's still *there*
[21:58:40] <Craig> ::sees the glint of a squiddy and levels the HGLC at it, pressing the trigger::
[21:58:58] <Thierry> ::Looks at the barrel of the BIL:: +Com+ Hmm, this CEF stuff isn't half bad
[21:59:55] <Savant> Craig ebgnis to see movement down the hall flanking the Talons. Then *Hands* begin grabbing the doors and wrenching them open. He blasts a hole through one of the doors and the husk of a drone floats away, bu the others begin to tear open the frame and scuttle through
[22:01:13] <Craig> ::curses again:: +com+ we're being flanked, i managed to get one squiddy but there's more, could use assistance
[22:01:50] <Gabriel> +com+ Shepherd, Erinyes, back up Wren. Nike, hold your ground here.
[22:02:16] <Gabriel> PIC> +com+ Moving.
[22:04:41] <Tychon> ::switches weapons again, this time to his HGLC, and unloads a volley into the wreckage in the doorway, allowing the doors to nearly close::
[22:04:50] <Gabriel> ::waits for the Earth-shattering ka-boom::
[22:05:00] <Savant> Nike's shot reduces most of the laser cannon of scrap that slowly drift, bouncing against the wall and then towrds the talons. The doors close almost entirely.
[22:05:36] <Gabriel> +com+ Nice shooting, everyone.
[22:06:00] <Detro> ::frowns in his helmet... knowing that being held up here could get them cut off::
[22:06:32] <Knight> ::Aims BIL at the newly closed door and waits::
[22:07:13] <Savant> There's a vibration that everyone, including those in their Gears, can feel. Even Craig and Melissa. The thin slit of the doorframe flashes bright bright white and a buffet of ultrafine particles gently pushes everyone on foot backwards.
[22:07:48] <Ardelmos> ...dude.
[22:07:57] <Thierry> ::Raises his arm to cover his eyes from the flash::
[22:08:12] <Knight> +com+I'd say someone's opened our present.
[22:08:34] <Gabriel> +com+ Hold steady, everyone. Give it a minute to really fill up the corridor. Nike, borrow a Gear grenade from the Fire Egg and get up here. Everyone else, fall back.
[22:08:54] <Thierry> +Com+ Understood
[22:09:05] <Detro> +com+ Yessir.
[22:09:28] <Tychon> +com+ Acknowledged.
[22:09:36] <Knight> +com+ On the move.
[22:09:39] <Ardelmos> ::falls back as ordered, a steady grip on his weapon as he splits his attention between the door and the end of the hall where apparently there's more drones coming::
[22:10:08] <Tychon> ::saunters Nike over to the Fire Egg and withdraws a grenade from it::
[22:11:20] <Gabriel> ::grabs the disabled Gargoyle and falls back::
[22:11:23] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S01060014bfc7e766.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
[22:11:24] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[22:11:56] <Savant> A second drone spiders in towards Craig
[22:12:48] <Tychon> ::moves the rest of the way towards the door::
[22:13:05] <Savant> The vibration settles quickly, though there's still a scouring happening on the opposite side of the wall. No big chunks though - just grains of sand. As such, it's all fairly low-velocity.
[22:13:38] <Gabriel> +com+ OK, Mem, open the door, or try to. Senior Sergeant, fall back.
[22:13:39] <Knight> +com+ sand? Think we hit them sand bags?
[22:14:06] <Ardelmos> +com+ Might be what's left of the concrete...
[22:14:41] <Savant> Mem> +com+ Door's not responding, sir. You'll have to get a Gear to do it.
[22:15:09] <Craig> ::takes two more shots at the drones as they come through the hole where the door used to be::
[22:15:39] <Gabriel> +com+ Nike, you're up. Cut open that door.
[22:15:48] <Tychon> +com+ Roger.
[22:16:03] <Savant> The rones ostensibly return fire - before one is obliterated and another loses a gun-bearing arm. A third appears - this one with the same circular-saw/welder arm arrangement
[22:16:10] <Gabriel> +com+ Sous-Sergeant Knight, stand by with a demo charge if that doesn't work.
[22:16:33] <Tychon> ::moves the gear in towards the door, drawing out his vibrorapier::
[22:16:38] <Knight> ::Readies frame::
[22:16:44] <Craig> ::attempts to dodge the incomming shots::
[22:17:54] <Savant> Craig is, so far, unhurt. The approachin octopi certanily seem to want to change that, though
[22:18:50] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S01060014bfc7e766.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (Quit: Careful of what you wish for cause you just might get it.)
[22:19:13] <Tychon> ::steps up to the door and makes several neat, precise cuts...before promptly kicking the door inward...at which point he is promptly pelted with sand::
[22:19:32] <Knight> +com+ Hope we don't need to close that door.
[22:20:09] <Gabriel> +com+ If we do, it means the battle's lost. Nike, have a look, but be very careful.
[22:20:29] <Gabriel> +com+ Toss the grenade if you need to or see anything moving.
[22:20:49] <Thierry> ::Stands...or rather floats ready, waiting for the signal to go in::
[22:20:59] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S0106000b6a8ab288.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
[22:21:00] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[22:21:00] <Gabriel> PIC> ::reaches the corner and turns it partially with Erinyes, pointing the HGLC down the hall::
[22:21:55] <Tychon> ::crouches down and leans ever so slightly inside the frame -- just enough for his sensors and eyes to get a look::
[22:22:15] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[22:22:36] <Savant> For as far as Tychon can see, ther's devastation. The walls have ben scoured to pitted cement, and whatever there once was of the defenders has been blasted down the corridor, or vapourized
[22:22:46] <Ardelmos> ::waits not-so-patiently as Tychon checks down the corridor, ready to assault forward::
[22:23:17] <Tychon> +com+ Looks clean. Defended position at the end of the corridor seems to have been...well, vaporized. Walls are pretty beat up.
[22:24:37] <Detro> ::frowns, but prepares to apply braking thrust to his MMU in case they move forward again::
[22:25:05] <Thierry> +Com+ Showtime then sir?
[22:25:51] <Gabriel> PIC> ::fires two rockets past Wren into the infantry with a cheerful little scream::
[22:26:05] <Craig> ::takes two more shots at the drone, intent on taking them out before going at the infantry behind::
[22:26:36] <Craig> <<drones>>
[22:26:38] <Savant> PIC does a fantastic job of painting the GREL, the corridor, and the doorway with napalm. There's little flame, but the soldiers are incinerated within moments
[22:26:39] <Gabriel> +com+ Showtime. Birkin, Roland, take point. Knight, Takira, behind them. Slow and easy.
[22:26:58] <Gabriel> +com+ Thierry, you're with me. Melissa, get your drones moving.
[22:27:04] <Savant> Craig does just as well as PIC, ornig the two drones and sending their husks floating.
[22:27:15] <Thierry> +Com+ Affirmitive, manuvering into position
[22:27:29] <Detro> +com+ Roger that. ::reverses thrust
[22:27:32] <Gabriel> PIC> ::stunned for a moment, then cackles madly into the radio:: +com+ Oh, I LIKE THESE!
[22:27:41] <Melissa> ::sends a command to the drones to start moving:: +com+ Aye, aye, sir
[22:27:53] <Ardelmos> +com+ Here we go...::grasps a handhold and swings himself towards the door, BIL up::
[22:27:59] <Savant> Mem>> +com+ ::pause:: looks like you have it under control.
[22:28:28] <Craig> ::looks back:: +com+ thanks for the backup
[22:28:55] <Ardelmos> ::adjusts his trajectory with a grasp on one of Nike's handholds, and swings into the hallway while pointing his BIL down the hall::
[22:29:30] <Detro> ::swings through the door::
[22:29:37] <Knight> ::pulls along wall moving into hall::
[22:29:40] <Detro> ::and then swings his BIL up, seeking a target::
[22:30:02] <Gabriel> ::pulls himself along the wall behind the others::
[22:30:14] <Thierry> ::Manuvers into the hall, ready to laser him a little piggy...or a GREL::
[22:30:20] <Savant> It's hard to move in the hallway, but the soup of sand is clearing quickly. Seconds tick by like hours as the Talnos rush to Their objective
[22:30:21] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::moves up, his grenade launcher ready::
[22:30:55] <Knight> +com+ several doors on east wall.
[22:31:04] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, I've got a door here. I need it locked down.
[22:31:23] <Savant> Roland's the first to the first set of doors. Behind it lies one of the objectives
[22:31:34] <Ardelmos> ::brings himself to a halt alongside the first door into what his blueprints indicate is the computer lab -- he maintains a sharp eye down the hallway::
[22:31:38] <Savant> Mem> +com+ On it
[22:31:47] <Gabriel> +com+ The old records say the first doors are the computer lab. Probably a Kassie, a Jan, and a few support troops inside. Clear it.
[22:32:08] <Gabriel> +com+ Not looking for prisoners from in here.
[22:32:22] <Ardelmos> ::pulls a second grenade off of his bandolier:: +com+ Just what I wanted to hear.
[22:32:28] <Thierry> +Com+ Covering the rear sir
[22:32:38] <Knight> ::sets up security on far side of door, scanning south::
[22:32:47] <Gabriel> +com+ Melissa, have the drones cover forward. Thierry, read my mind. We'll hold here and act as reserves. Be ready to move up.
[22:32:48] <Savant> Mem locks the side-corridor down - both sides in fact.
[22:33:08] <Thierry> +Com+ Bien sur Capitaine
[22:33:32] <Savant> Mem> +com+ ::pause:: Sir. The door to the lab, it's jammed. It's responding, but someone's physicaly jammed up the mechanism.
[22:33:35] <Detro> ::moves to back up those by the doors, BIL up to provide covering fire if needed::
[22:33:55] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::moves up to cover Knight with his grenade launcher::
[22:34:12] <Knight> +com+ if we don't care about the contents, we can blow these doors.
[22:34:21] <Gabriel> +com+ Senior Ranger, Lieutenant, how's your position holding?
[22:34:31] <Gabriel> +com+ Do it, Private.
[22:35:16] <Craig> +com+ we've neutralized 4 more drones and another squad of grel, we're holding
[22:35:30] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Lieutenant. Try to give us some warning if we're about to be flanked. Thank you, Senior Ranger. Hold our supply line open.
[22:35:45] <Craig> +com+ aye captain
[22:36:01] <Knight> +com+ ready to pop on your command Captain
[22:36:01] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ Command to all teams. Charges have been placed. Be prepared to fall back on my mark if required.
[22:36:14] <Gabriel> PIC> ::decides the two Gears in front of her have the south door under control and guards the north noe::
[22:36:31] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, Commandant. BT05 has cleared another pocket of resistance, about to move into the computer center.
[22:36:48] <Melissa> ::watches the shaped charge being put into place and cringes:: all those computers...
[22:37:13] <Gabriel> +com+ Melissa, move your drones up to cover south, give us some warning if something's coming.
[22:37:36] <Melissa> +com+ Roger
[22:38:03] <Gabriel> +com+ Nike, while you've got a few, recover the damaged Gargoyle. There's a electroadhesive plate on it you can use to attach it to a hardpoint.
[22:38:17] <Ardelmos> ::watches the BT09'er place a demo charge onto the door beside him, and gets into a position to swing in, ready to fire, once the blast goes off::
[22:38:41] <Tychon> +com+ Roger. ::pulls Nike back for a moment to tend to it::
[22:39:38] <Tychon> ::picks up the damaged drone and clamps it onto a hardpoint on his gear's back::
[22:39:50] <Melissa> ::sends her two drones racing down the hallway...well as fast as they could go in this environment::
[22:39:58] <Tychon> ::ensuring it's secured, turns and returns to guarding the doorway::
[22:40:07] <Detro> ::waits for the breaching of the door::
[22:40:09] <Gabriel> ::shifts position a bit to prepare to direct the battle for the computer center::
[22:40:20] <Savant> Gargoyle> ::The relieve little drone folds up into its "stealth" conficuration, making it look a bit mor like a black breadbox
[22:40:41] <Gabriel> +com+ Whenever you're ready.
[22:40:52] <Knight> +com+Fire in the hole, fire in the hole::triggers firing mechanism:
[22:41:42] <Savant> There's actually very little vibration or trouble. The doors gently start to drift inwards, now unfixed from the frame
[22:42:14] <Knight> +com+ Captain, down to one frame, if you got anything on your pallet, could use it.
[22:42:20] <Melissa> +com+ Captain...I'm reading atmosphere down south
[22:42:24] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::levels his grenade launcher through the door and activates thrusters::
[22:44:06] <Savant> Inside te computer room there are - well, bodies and debris, a common theme to this station so far. A number of green-lit holotanks line the walls, and a cluster of technicians are huddlni behind their walls, desks, and anythign else that might give them puchase
[22:44:28] <Tychon> ::watches the group's progress from his cockpit, the little blips on his screen having a terribly large degree of importance to him::
[22:45:15] <Ardelmos> ::grabs a handhold outside the door and swings himself into the room behind Birkin, replacing his grenade and drawing his duel pistols once he sees a lack of GREL in the room::
[22:45:28] <Knight> :enters room: covers south:
[22:45:32] <Savant> An officer in the far corner stands up as Knight enters, levelnig a pistol
[22:45:55] <Knight> +com+ CONTACT! Armed north/west
[22:46:24] <Gabriel> +com+ Nail them, nail them.
[22:46:53] <Melissa> ::mutters under her breath:: we don't have to kill everything or one... ::sighs::
[22:49:10] <Knight> +com+ Hit, suit compromised!
[22:49:38] <Gabriel> +com+ It'll reseal itself in a moment. Roland, Birkin, take out whoever fired the shot.
[22:51:38] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::floats into the room, marks the officer, and fires a concussion grenade from his launcher over there::
[22:53:13] <Savant> The officer doesn' take this very well, nor does his equpment. His hands go to his faceplate as it shatters, and he floats upwards, impacting the ceiling as he writhes. His computers all crack from the stress
[22:53:44] <Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ Neutralized.
[22:53:50] <Ardelmos> ::floats forwards in towards the techs along the south bank of computers and takes a bead on two of them -- ignoring a third that has a familiar logo on his ID card -- he fires his pistols in unison::
[22:54:06] <Detro> ::was about to shoot the officer, but shifts his aim to the techs:: +com+ Orders regarding technicians?
[22:54:50] <Craig> ::still watching the south corridor::
[22:54:53] <Melissa> ::shudders, hearing the shots fired upon the technicians::
[22:55:15] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::adjusts his track to the two techs by the computers, points his grenade launcher at them, and waves them away from the computers::
[22:55:34] <Ardelmos> ::watches two techs' heads implode and implode at the same time from the impact of the rockets:: +com+ One of these guys is Hakkar, Captain ::this was the one he spared::
[22:55:36] <Knight> +com+ Any objective in here?
[22:55:52] <Gabriel> +com+ Aye, main objective. Takira, get in there with the interlink and hook Mem in.
[22:56:00] <Savant> The techs willingly oblige Birkin just as Roland executes a few others
[22:56:17] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::waves his two toward the pillar and shifts to an open frequency:: +com+ Over there, don't move.
[22:56:21] <Ardelmos> ::rounds the corner at the end of the room and puts another round into the fourth tech -- leaving the Hakkar gentleman alive -- for now::
[22:56:30] <Detro> ::moves in towards the computers and sets up the interlink::
[22:56:34] <Melissa> ::frowns, and continues to analyze the atmosphere that was detected::
[22:57:03] <Gabriel> +com+ Nike, I'm moving up. Watch this door.
[22:57:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Thierry, you're with me.
[22:57:21] <Tychon> +com+ It's not going anywhere, Cap. ::tries to keep his voice deadpan::
[22:57:23] <Gabriel> ::pulls himself along the wall toward the south::
[22:57:28] <Thierry> +Com+ With ya boss
[22:57:29] <Detro> +com+ All good. You're patched in.
[22:57:35] <Ardelmos> +com+ ::repeats, as he's not sure Tynes heard him:: Captain? One of these guys has a Hakkar ID badge on him. ::levels one of his pistols::
[22:57:40] <Savant> Mem> +com+ Got it. I'm in.
[22:58:15] <Gabriel> +com+ Download the database, Mem. Anything at all, particularly pertaining to Gate drive tech or fleet deployment.
[22:58:20] <Savant> Tech> ::raises his hands, tremblnig::
[22:58:43] <Savant> Mem> +com+ Once I'm through security, Captain.
[22:58:45] <Knight> ::points weapon at him:: +Com open+ Dont move.
[22:59:00] <Gabriel> +com+ Very well, Senior Sergeant. Take any prisoners you can. We'll send them back to Terra Nova with the fleet. Hate having to guard them, though.
[22:59:10] <Gabriel> +com+ Nike, you get to babysit them, I think. You're fairly frightening.
[22:59:17] <Savant> Tech> ::doesn't move - floats in the air::
[22:59:37] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::smirks and waves the techs toward the door::
[22:59:45] <Thierry> +Com+ There's some sedative back in Wren's cargo bay if that helps sir
[22:59:47] <Ardelmos> ::grins slightly and broadcasts over his suit speakers:: Out the door, to the right, too the left -- just follow the Gears. Once you get the hangar, wait there in view of the gear there.
[22:59:56] <Ardelmos> Or don't, and get killed. Capiche?
[23:00:04] <Knight> :com: Captain, dont know what your mission parameters are but, if you've got and SDGs left, I can make us our own door into the CO's office.
[23:00:05] <Tychon> +com+ Aye, sir.
[23:00:15] <Savant> Tech> ::nods to Roland and hurries off::
[23:00:25] <Ardelmos> +com+ Tychon, PIC, Craig -- prisoner comin' back on his own recognizance. He strays, kill'm
[23:00:28] <Gabriel> ::continues pulling himself along the wall toward the south::
[23:00:43] <Craig> +com+ roger that roland
[23:00:57] <Gabriel> PIC> +com+ I've got this bunch.
[23:00:59] <Savant> The three techs oblige, headnig over to the giant Gear. Giant by comparison at least.
[23:01:09] <Detro> +com+ Given what that last SDG did, advise we hold off on that until the download's complete. Don't want to mess up any of the computers until then.
[23:01:21] <Gabriel> +com+ Nice work, people. Mem, stay on the computers. Everyone else, keep moving up.
[23:01:44] <Gabriel> +com+ Best way to make sure the download isn't interfered with is to take the CO and anyone in the control center. Move up.
[23:01:47] <Ardelmos> ::pushes off the wall and heads back for the hallway and the southern door, using as little burn as he can manage::
[23:01:51] <Savant> Mem> +com+ ::grunts, too busy to talk::
[23:02:44] <Melissa> +com+ Captain, there is atmosphere in the chamber down there
[23:02:46] <Gabriel> ::pulls himself even with the north door and checks the bar code::
[23:02:53] <Gabriel> +com+ Which one, Dekarch? North, or south?
[23:03:10] <Tychon> ::splits his attention between the hallway and the prisoners, making sure they're very aware that he is the big scary man with the guns::
[23:03:44] <Savant> Tychon has little trouble intimidating the techs. They're clearly not combat troops, and one of them doesn't even look to be military
[23:04:11] <Gabriel> +com+ Airlock. Takira, see if there's a way to cycle it from here.
[23:04:31] <Gabriel> PIC> ::arrives to take charge of the prisoners and escort them back to Pathfinder::
[23:04:35] <Detro> ::affixes an interlink to the airlock::
[23:04:42] <Detro> ((Cancel that then))
[23:04:49] <Ardelmos> ::frowns:: +com+ Is this thing gonna decompress?
[23:05:00] <Detro> ::floats up to the airlock controls and tries to cycle it::
[23:05:08] <Gabriel> +com+ Should be a way to cycle it. It'll evacuate its air into a storage tank, then the door opens.
[23:05:13] <Savant> The techs willingly follow PIC. they're relieved they aren't dead at the very least
[23:05:23] <Gabriel> +com+ We go in, recycle the air back in, open the inner door. If there's a cycle switch on this side.
[23:05:46] <Gabriel> +com+ If there isn't, then we blow it, but that'd be a shame. I'd really like a prisoner or two from in here.
[23:05:47] <Ardelmos> +com+ Why don't we just blow it o....ooohhh, right, we want the CO alive. Got it.
[23:05:53] <Gabriel> ::nods::
[23:06:10] <Savant> The airlock cycles after Takira jimmies with the computer a little bit
[23:06:11] <Thierry> +Com+ Hurt him if you have to, more fun for me
[23:06:25] <Ardelmos> +com+ Well, no, I don't have it, since everyone on this godforsaken piece of Earther shit needs to rot, but I'll take your word for it.
[23:06:29] <Gabriel> ::offers his taser to Roland:: +com+ I have no idea if it'll work on suited men, but if there's atmo in there, this is your best weapon.
[23:06:36] <Detro> +com+ ::watches the door open, looking for any obvious traps::
[23:06:55] <Ardelmos> ::swings into to airlock, grabbing the taser as he goes by Tynes -- he replaces one of his pistols with it::
[23:07:06] <Detro> ::seeing none, moves up to the next door, waiting until everyone is in before trying to cycle the airlock::
[23:08:12] <Ardelmos> ::decides he probably doesn't want either right now, in the event there are GREL behind this door, so holsters them both and unslings the BIL::
[23:08:35] <Knight> +com+ Contact two armed guards.
[23:08:41] <Savant> Insie, two huge Mordred are bringing up their BIL's at the incoming Talons
[23:08:48] <Gabriel> +com+ End them.
[23:09:55] <Detro> ::whips the BIL around and shoots at a guard::
[23:10:15] <Savant> The massive soldier jumps upwards, and in the zero gravity he's able to avoid Detro's shot
[23:10:38] <Knight> +com+ Mordreds.... I hate Mordreds
[23:11:44] <Ardelmos> ::spins in mid-air and depresses the trigger on the BIL, snapping the barrel of the weapon right across the rear of the airlock room, hoping to draw the beam through both GREL::
[23:11:57] <Gabriel> PIC> ::escorts the techs back to the Fury::
[23:13:08] <Tychon> ::with the techs gone, he turns his full attention back to his little assigned corner::
[23:13:23] <Savant> Rolands first shot slices clean through one Mordred's head. The second takes his ni the bely,h owever, and due to the impressively thick armour they'er wearing, eh seems to still be in the fight
[23:14:15] <Craig> ::turns back to watching the south corridor now that he's satisfied the techs have been taken care of::
[23:14:36] <Ardelmos> That's what I'm fuckin' talkin' about you purple sacks of shit!
[23:15:38] <Gabriel> +com+ Keep his head down, keep his head down!
[23:16:32] <Knight> ::coming in quickly, is surprised by the giant GRELL; swings the BIL around and attempts to drill it with laser fire::
[23:17:26] <Savant> the GREL is face to face with Knight - he actally swats Knights' rifle away with a swing of his own weapon and makes to put a boot to his head, to crack his visor
[23:18:04] <Knight> +com+ Little help here!
[23:18:32] <Melissa> ::the little gargoyle turns, laser sights the GREL, and let's rip with the machine gun::
[23:18:51] <Detro> ::has to wait for the BIL to cycle power::
[23:19:04] <Savant> The GREL reacts by grabbing Knight and pulling him close, sending them both twisting up into the air and away from the shots
[23:19:42] <Melissa> ::the gun pivots, tracers lighting the path as it brings to bear on the GREL::
[23:20:09] <Savant> The GREL is ou of tricks. He's quite literally torn apart as machine gun fire tears into his back
[23:20:36] <Ardelmos> ::nods and grins in savage approval and turns to face the door into the command center::
[23:20:44] <Knight> :pushes off of the dead GREL:
[23:20:52] <Melissa> ::the gargoyle whistles softly and pivots back to the other door::
[23:21:46] <Knight> +com+I am buying drinks for that drone when we get back.
[23:22:12] <Detro> +com+ ::grunts, and turns to cycle the airlock so they can enter:: Ready?
[23:22:18] <Thierry> +Com+ ::Chuckles::
[23:22:24] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::smirks and tucks his gyroc pistol back away::
[23:22:31] <Melissa> +com+ I'll have something cold and alcoholic...it'll have something dark and oil-based
[23:22:54] <Gabriel> ::watches the door close:: +com+ Thierry, you speak Siberian, by any chance?
[23:23:02] <Gabriel> ::takes an image of the door label::
[23:23:32] <Savant> Air rushes into the airlock, and the light above the inner door goes green
[23:23:34] <Detro> ::works at the door for a bit, but then the others can hear the air rush in -- hear because there's now air to transmit sound::
[23:23:39] <Gabriel> PIC> ::moves back to her former guard position, once the techs are secured::
[23:24:38] <Detro> ::looks at the others, and gestures with his gauntlet... 3... 2... 1... ::opens the door::
[23:25:10] <Gabriel> +com+ BT05 moving into sector control, computer center also taken. ::monitors through Birkin's and Roland's suit cameras::
[23:25:51] <Tychon> ::grins to himself as the status report comes in, silently cheering the little dots on his display::
[23:26:11] <Savant> Inside is a large circular room (Wish the map did circles...) with a central pit projecting up a view of the battle outside - it's a bloody affair on all sides. The rim is ringed with terminals and technicians
[23:26:35] <Thierry> ::Keeps an eye out down the corridor for more purple demons::
[23:26:35] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::moves in right behind Roland, slotting a fragmentation grenade::
[23:26:49] <Detro> ::waits for the others to move through before swinging out with his WIL ready::
[23:26:55] <Savant> Large trideo tanks with holographic controls are controllin drnoes and conducting the fight outside of teh station. They're operated by tall, slender purple skinned GREL (Kassandras? Maybe?)
[23:27:49] <Savant> After a moment of study it seems that these GREL are in fact wired *into* their termianls. Each wears a heavy device on their shoulders, a harness with long, thick cables connecting to their spnies and skuls. These then connect to the terminals
[23:28:00] <Ardelmos> ::waltzes rather theatrically into the command center, levelling the BIL and beginning to rather indiscriminantly hole people through the head and torso with the laser while his voice booms over his suit's loudspeakers:: Attention ladies and gentleman! Your death has arrived! Pray to whatever gods you believe in and kiss your butts goodbye, 'cause I am here to end your motherfucking sorry-ass excuses for lives!
[23:28:12] <Gabriel> ::blinks as he sees this detail:: Sweet Prophet...
[23:28:20] <Savant> There are some humans here as well; they'er busily working on termianls of their own - apparently ignoring the invaders?
[23:28:22] <Gabriel> <<::radio off::>>
[23:28:33] <Detro> ::blinks... just what kind of crazy people did BT05 have?::
[23:28:59] <Melissa> ::chokes back something as she blinks at what she hears and sees::
[23:29:26] <Thierry> ::Looks at his own glove feed:: +Com+ Pardon this from a fellow revisonist sir but...Mon Dieu!
[23:29:49] <Savant> After a moment longer it becomes apparent that the officers are actally going through the computers and deleting files as quickly as they're able
[23:30:13] <Detro> ::seeing the others hesitate, he swings out into the room::
[23:30:19] <Gabriel> +com+ Capture the officers, kill the Kassies, capture as many of the others as you can! Move, move!
[23:30:52] <Knight> +COM+ Away from the computers or you will be harmed!
[23:31:08] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::thrusts into the center of the room, waving his grenade launcher at anyone who seems foolish enough to want to resist::
[23:31:10] <Detro> +com+ Don't waste your time Knight, waste the Kassies!
[23:31:14] <Savant> Officer> ::reaches for a pistol beside him as Roland approaches him::
[23:31:33] <Detro> ::starts lasering the Kassies with the BIL::
[23:31:35] <Thierry> +Com+ Sir, if I could get a medical scan of those people I might be able to figure out the link works.
[23:31:54] <Savant> The Officers seem to haev no interest in stopping what they're doing, despite teh death threats. Each one is a fanatic in his or her own right.
[23:31:58] <Gabriel> +com+ Hope you can do it with bodies, Doctor. We can't risk leaving them tied to the system.
[23:32:11] <Ardelmos> ::getting Tynes' order, decides to let this one live if he can, and just shoots to take off the man's arm before he can draw or delete anything else::
[23:32:28] <Savant> The Kassandras die quickly - they're barely even aware of the Talons at all. They die with gasps and sighs, not screams.
[23:34:15] <Savant> The offier takes the shot in th arm and reels back. Smoehow, though, he manages to catch the pistol midair in his other hand
[23:34:16] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::looks for a control console for the drones attacking the TN ships::
[23:34:25] * Detro walks around to each computer, checking them to make sure any deletion commands running are stopped
[23:34:41] <Ardelmos> ::takes aim and fires at the other hand, since this gentleman clearly isn't cooperating::
[23:35:33] <Savant> Roland gets his wish, and the officer's soon handless. The guy must be nisane - he pushes of from the desk and *bull-rushes* Roland and Knight
[23:36:12] <Ardelmos> Oh for fucks sake, man. ::lets the BIL drop and hang by the sling and draws the taser -- firing it at the charging man::
[23:36:17] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::looks for an emergency shut down for the drones::
[23:36:32] <Knight> ::drops his BIL and draws his pistol::
[23:36:58] <Thierry> +Com+ Understood sir
[23:37:14] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::points at Takira:: You! Get over here and shut these drones down. They're trying to kill Terranovans out there.
[23:37:16] <Savant> Rolands tazer strikes the man in the forehead. The result is amusing, but ends the same as any serious tazering might
[23:37:44] <Ardelmos> ::shakes his head as he moves for the office door:: What kind of fucking lunatics are around here, anyway?
[23:37:44] <Knight> +com+ So why'd we tazer him after we blasted his hands?
[23:37:51] * Detro also isn't too gentle about shoving the bodies out of the way... they're just GREL, disposable weapons to the CEF, and flotsam to BT05 now.
[23:38:16] <Ardelmos> +com+ Well, most rational people would give up after having their hands amputated by a laser weapon. This fucker obviously ain't quite right in the head.
[23:38:24] <Melissa> ::enters the room and starts looking for the drone controls, trying to ignore the dead bodies::
[23:38:45] <Knight> +com+ What briefing did 5 get to think anyone on this station was going to be right in the head?
[23:38:56] <Ardelmos> ::makes an attempt at opening the door to the CO's office as he swaps out the power pack for a fresh one::
[23:38:58] <Gabriel> +com+ Dekarch, if you can, have the drones shut down near Terranovan ships. I'm sure they could use a few to study.
[23:38:59] <Melissa> +com+ um..why not use the drones ourselves ::moving to the control panel::
[23:39:02] <Thierry> +COM+ I'd reccomend leaving surgery to the surgeons Sarge
[23:39:17] <Gabriel> +com+ If you can do that, Dekarch, so much the better.
[23:39:31] <Gabriel> +com+ Thierry, move in and take charge of the prisoners.
[23:39:41] <Ardelmos> +com+ But then I don't get to have any fun. ::a beat:: Captain, you've got your officer here. He's gonna need to be hauled back.
[23:39:47] <Thierry> +Com+ YEssir
[23:39:59] <Ardelmos> +com+ Someone want to open this door?
[23:40:12] <Detro> +com+ I've secured what I can on the computers. Looks like they were trying to clear all their files.
[23:40:20] <Gabriel> +com+ Already on it, Senior Sergeant. Move into the office.
[23:40:24] <Knight> +Com+ I could open it but it might wreck the room and its occupants
[23:40:33] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::swaps out his grenade launcher for a gyroc pistol::
[23:40:38] <Detro> ::moves up next to the others::
[23:40:43] <Melissa> ::moves to the panel and starts scanning the controls:: if i were an octopi...
[23:40:45] <Knight> ::slings BIL, readies pistol::
[23:40:51] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, take control of the door to the commander's office and open it.
[23:41:10] <Savant> Mem> +com Uh, okay sir. Opposition's really let up.
[23:41:17] <Ardelmos> +com+ Anyone have a flashbang?
[23:41:23] <Knight> +com+ Have that taser ready, eh?
[23:41:31] <Thierry> ::Manuvers into the room and then levels his BIL at the prisoners and then acvitates his speaker:: Allright, slowly I want anyone who's not Terranovan in that airlock tout suite
[23:41:54] <Gabriel> +com+ I've got one out here if you really need it, Senior Sergeant.
[23:41:56] <Savant> The light above the CO's office door goes from red to green
[23:42:11] <Knight> ::aims at door::
[23:42:21] <Ardelmos> ::considers the BIL for a moment -- it was a rather fun toy, then figures the taser's probably the better idea at this juncture and readies that instead:: +com+ Eh, should be alright. ::hits the open button on the doorframe::
[23:42:42] <Knight> ::press the open button::
[23:43:34] <Melissa> ::scans the readouts:: so many options...let's start with you...you're coming home with mommy
[23:43:39] <Savant> The door opens; there's a weathered, sixty-cycle-old man there at a desk, who's calmly typing at a terminal. He looks up with sharp blue eyes and scowls at the Talons as if they were uninvited dinner guests
[23:43:55] <Detro> ::moves into the doorway immediately turns to check the inner corners::
[23:43:58] <Ardelmos> ::walks in slowly, taser at the ready:: Hands. Now.
[23:44:01] <Knight> +Com+ Shock Him
[23:44:47] <Savant> Colonel> ::defiantly lifts his chin:: you'll never win, Terranovans.
[23:44:57] <Ardelmos> Why does everyone have to be so damned difficult today? ::fires the taser::
[23:45:08] <Detro> ::seeing nothing, slowly backs up to the wall, and moving along it, closes with the desk... the BIL moves to focus on the man::
[23:45:33] <Thierry> ::Checks around for a breathing apparatus for the prisoner and finds one under a desk and then puts it on the officer and starts dragging him out towards the airlock::
[23:45:42] <Savant> The Colonel shudders and convulses before coming to a tremulous rest, unconscious
[23:45:46] <Gabriel> ::chuckles to nobody in particular::
[23:45:53] <Knight> ::scans roo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[23:45:53] <Knight> ::scans room for intel::
[23:46:01] <Detro> ::once the Colonel's removed as a threat, he moves to the computer terminal::
[23:46:26] <Ardelmos> ::grabs the Colonel's crumpled body by the collar and hauls him out of the chair, dragging him behind him as he walks out of the office::
[23:46:36] <Gabriel> +com+ Who speaks Siberian? I've got a label here.
[23:46:49] <Ardelmos> +com+ A little.
[23:46:51] <Gabriel> ::transmits the label image from the door he's standing near to the datagloves and PDAs of those around::
[23:47:13] <Thierry> +Com+ Sarge, there's breathing apparati in that locker over there ::Points at the locker he found the mask in::
[23:47:14] <Ardelmos> ::pauses long enough to look at his dataglove::
[23:47:48] <Gabriel> +com+ Commandant, BT05 has captured the sector commanding officer, resistance in this area neutralized. Request permission to hit the armory on the way out, or have one of the other Talons do so. My team could use a few of these armored spacesuits if we're gonna execute on the game plan I sent you prior to our departure.
[23:47:51] <Melissa> ::blinks and grins:: +com+ I got 2 of the four armed thingies and a hunter-killer dodad....yay!
[23:48:08] <Ardelmos> +com+ Uhh.....'Room-to-eat-in', Captain. Mess hall?
[23:48:36] <Gabriel> +com+ Sounds entirely possible. ::cycles the door to check it, a grenade at the ready::
[23:48:59] <Ardelmos> ::drags the Colonel rather uncerimoniously behind him as he grabs one of the masks which Thierry pointed out and slaps it over the unconcious man's face, making sure it's fit and on before dragging him towards the airlock::
[23:49:17] <Thierry> ::Checks over the man to make sure he won't die before dragging him back out the airlock::
[23:49:42] <Gabriel> +com+ Good work, Dekarch, try and cause a little chaos out there until our departure, then have the drones shut down near Pathfinder for pickup. We could definitely use some of the squiddies on our side.
[23:49:45] <Detro> +com+ This guy's got a message going out to the rest of the system!
[23:50:08] <Melissa> ::sends the hunter-killer after CEF space drones, targetting nuke-drones first. Meanwhile, starts using the two octopi inside, one heading for the Furry, the other one providing cover and destruction::
[23:50:15] <Gabriel> +com+ Sous-Sergeant, stop it. Mem, assist.
[23:50:37] <Detro> ::takes the Colonel's seat and starts typing::
[23:50:57] <Ardelmos> ::swaps the taser out for the BIL again, entering the airlock and waiting for Thierry with the officer::
[23:51:04] <Thierry> +Com+ Pathfinder, I'm going to need a defib unit prepped when I get in. I have a prisoner in arrest!
[23:51:55] <Knight> +com+ Detero that 'puter is yours moving to join others
[23:52:32] <Detro> ::stops the transmission, making a dump file of what was being transmitted::
[23:53:02] <Thierry> +Com+ Craig, get Wren over by that door. I need the equipment in his cargo bay
[23:53:39] <Thierry> ::Keeps pulling the man along franticly all the time wondering why he's trying to save an Earther::
[23:54:04] <Gabriel> ::sees a number of people in the mess hall and waves them out, holding his BIL on them::
[23:54:19] <Detro> ::gets up and starts to head out, reporting on the way::+com+ Looks like he was transmitting a status report... that the station was lost. Sir, I think things are going to get hot here when they realize they don't have to try to keep this place intact...
[23:54:29] <Craig> ::brings Wren over:: +com+alright
[23:54:36] <Thierry> +Com+ Merde! He's taken a cyanide pill.
[23:54:41] <Savant> In the loungel, a technician and three workers hesitantly head out to follow Gabriel's directions
[23:54:58] <Detro> +com+ Looks like they might have also gotten a list of our forces out as well.
[23:55:13] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowleged, Sous-Sergeant. Mem, get busy downloading. Dekarch, have the drones link up with Pathfinder. Everyone else, move out.
[23:55:14] * dakabn (~lcox@doc-24-32-90-161.cabot.ar.cebridge.net) Quit (Quit: Stop trying to start charities by hurting people.)
[23:55:15] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ Command to all units. Retreat and debark the station. Five minutes to detonation.
[23:55:43] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ I say again - all units, retreat and debark. Five minutes to detonation.
[23:55:44] <Knight> +com+ That's our invitation to extracate.
[23:55:51] <Gabriel> +com+ You heard the man, people, exit poste haste. Roland, Birkin, grab those Mordreds on your way out.
[23:56:04] <Melissa> ::nods and sends commands to the three drones she has stolen:: +com+ done and done...packing up and heading out
[23:56:06] <Thierry> +Com+ Affirmitive
[23:56:06] <Ardelmos> +com+ How many guys am I carrying?
[23:56:29] <Gabriel> +com+ You, one. The Sergeant, one. I'm mostly interested in an armored space-suit or two.
[23:56:43] <Thierry> ::Moves as fast as he can to get the man back to pathfinder::
[23:56:44] <Melissa> ::gets her other two drones going and then starts heading back to the landing zone herself::
[23:56:46] <Gabriel> +com+ We'll scavenge the north hallway on the way out, see if we can scrounge together enough pieces to build some.
[23:56:46] <Ardelmos> +com+ And the Colonel?
[23:56:58] <Gabriel> +com+ Bring him along. Let's move.
[23:57:05] <Detro> ::gets to the airlock and waits for the others to pile in before cycling it::
[23:57:22] <Ardelmos> ::dumps the Colonel uncerimoniously on the floor:: Detro, you take him. I'll grabe the Mordred.
[23:58:29] <Detro> ::shrugs and grabs the Colonel -- a lot easier to do in zero-g than on the ground::
[23:58:51] <Gabriel> ::has his team scavenge the north hallway for pieces and parts of armored space suits on the way out::
[23:58:57] <Knight> ::loads up two BILs and spare packs, and moves to exit point:
[23:59:06] <Craig> +com+ i'm as far as i can go, if i have to i'll carry someone back
[23:59:24] <Ardelmos> ::lugs one of the Mordreds -- the one who's head he lopped off -- down the corridors, through the doors, and back to the beach head::
[23:59:29] <Savant> The Tlons hurry out of the Sector Control room, down the hall, to meet up with the Gears and GTFO.
[23:59:55] <Savant> +a. Psh.
Session Time: Fri Feb 16 00:00:00 2007
[00:00:23] <Gabriel> +com+ Aggie, Corporal Peresalona, prepare to expedite departure. Aim our most rad-shielded side toward the station after departure.
[00:00:40] <Tychon> +com+ Pulls back once things are secure.
[00:00:45] <Gabriel> ::takes one last look around and says to nobody in particular:: +com+ One-eyed Jack walked these hallways once.
[00:00:48] <Tychon> <<err...that's supposed to be an action>>
[00:00:54] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Fires' hot, Captain. Ready to go.
[00:00:57] <Gabriel> +com+ Barnabus Collins, too.
[00:01:16] <Gabriel> +com+ Always assuming, of course, that they weren't the same man.
[00:01:22] <Thierry> ::Pulls his paitient on to Pathfinder and begins to set him up treatment looking to his assistants:: I need an antitoxin, now!
[00:01:24] <Craig> ::pulls Wren back to the disembark area and helps get the fury packed up::
[00:01:29] <Ardelmos> ::brings the Mordred into the hanger bay on the fury, walking up the ramp with the GREL's boot in one hand, and the BIL in the other with the barrel upwards and resting on his shoulder::
[00:01:34] <Detro> +com+ And if we don't destroy this place, enough soldiers and GREL to wipe out every man, woman, and child on Terra Nova I'd bet.
[00:01:36] <Melissa> ::ushers the two octopi like drones on board and then climbs in, checking them over first::
[00:02:07] <Knight> ::helps move the pallet onto the ship::
[00:02:07] <Savant> Just as the Talons enter the cavernous loading bay, two Octopi drones wih laser cannons begin scuttling in from outside through the hole that Pathfinder made on her way in
[00:02:23] <Gabriel> +com+ I don't doubt that you're right, Corporal. Not for a moment. ::lays a hand against the structure and turns off his radio:: I'm sorry. Prophet forgive us, but it must be done for the safety of the living. We honor our ancestors by keeping their dream for Terra Nova alive.
[00:02:48] <Melissa> <<edit last statement>>
[00:02:52] <Gabriel> ::turns his radio back on:: +com+ OK, people! Move it! Get on board!
[00:03:07] <Melissa> ::walks up to the two octopi and smiles, waving them over to the Pathfinder::
[00:03:11] <Gabriel> ::turns his back on the station and makes for Pathfinder::
[00:03:16] <Detro> ::pushes the non-dead-weight-but-dead-mass of the Colonel ahead of him::
[00:03:20] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::shoust from the cockpit:: I can't play nurse now, Doc! I gotta fly!
[00:03:36] <Tychon> ::prompts Nike to gesture Shepherd in towards the Fury:: +com+ You first, sir. I'll cover our departure.
[00:03:50] <Gabriel> ::grabs a medkit from the entry bay and moves to assist Thierry::
[00:03:57] <Craig> ::drives Wren up the fury's ramp and into the vehicle bay::
[00:04:11] <Ardelmos> ::dumps the limp body of the Mordred somewhere it won't bounce around too much and sits himself down in an acceleration couch, strapping himself in:: +com+ PIC, you better damn well not have scratched up my ride while I was gone.
[00:04:32] <Melissa> ::gets in and makes sure the two drones are secured, and shut down, or at least in sleep mode, before going to another control panel, strapping in, and checking on the hunter-killer::
[00:04:45] <Savant> The soldiers on foot board Pathfinder, and the Gears work their way on, with Nike bringing up the rear. The Gear passes its eye across the now empty, ruined bay once or twice as if briefly saddened by the departure
[00:04:52] <Knight> ::Goes to sit in his couch, then reliazes this aint his Fury::+Com+ Any empy seats on this ride?
[00:04:53] <Gabriel> PIC> +com+ Nothing I couldn't fix myself, Senior Sergeant. And may I complement you on the handling! Though the damn dirt got everywhere! Why in the Prophet's name do you keep a fern in the cockpit?!
[00:04:54] <Thierry> Thanks sir, I'd be remiss to lose two paitients in one day ::Puts up the CEF on an availabe space and starts to work on saving him::
[00:05:25] <Ardelmos> +com+ Don't be badmouthin' my plants!
[00:05:41] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ All aboard! Get in your seats fast, folks! I'm launching in fourty five whether your ass is in your bucket or not!
[00:05:42] <Detro> +com+ Better be. I would not be too pleased if I had to walk back to Terra Nova.
[00:05:57] <Tychon> ::sweeps across the bay one last time before hauling himself into the Fury:: +com+ Lemnos, Tychon. All aboard.
[00:06:03] <Gabriel> PIC> ::dismounts after locking down Erinyes, then boosts herself toward the nearest Gunnery control station::
[00:06:16] <Knight> ::looks for an empty seat and takes, strapping in, carefuly stowing his gear and his fragile scroe:
[00:06:18] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Acknowledged, Nike. Get in, lock down.
[00:06:19] <Detro> ::finds a place to plant his butt... the Colonel will just have to make do with a nearby locker (one marked "Joanna") and then straps in::
[00:06:19] <Ardelmos> ::pulls the restraints tight and leans his head back, allowing himself to close his eyes for a brief moment::
[00:06:21] <Knight> *score
[00:06:38] <Tychon> ::complies with the order and locks his gear down for what is sure to be an inertia-full ride::
[00:06:41] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::sees the last people aboard and cycles the hatches and airlocks:: +com+ Buttoning up! Nike, get in here!
[00:06:54] <Craig> ::after parking Wren, gets to an acceleration couch and straps in for the burn::
[00:07:00] <Thierry> ::Does what he can for the CEF officer and then straps into his seat, it would be hard to work at those Gs::
[00:07:14] <Gabriel> ::braces himself and the patient against a couch as best he can while Thierry works, proficient enough to give the doctor what he asks for quickly::
[00:07:20] <Ardelmos> ::lets the deaths of the technicians and the GRELs play over in his mind's eye like a highlight reel, then smirks brings his head forward and upright again, opening his eyes and linking in with one of the sniper laser turrets::
[00:07:49] <Savant> Pathfinder begins to rumble, and the massive bay begins to fill with a white hot light, painting the walls with a pair of artificial suns
[00:08:01] <Gabriel> ::straps down the officer once Thierry's done what he can and moves toward his own couch, flipping end-over-end off it like a swimmer from the wall of a pool::
[00:08:17] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Launch in ten!
[00:08:25] <Gabriel> ::adjusts his course for a slight bit of gravity, then pulls himself into the couch::
[00:08:41] <Gabriel> PIC> ::reaches an auxillary gunnery station and straps in::
[00:08:48] <Melissa> ::readjust straps and continues looking for her hunter-killer:: Where are you?
[00:08:51] <Tychon> ::hunkers down into his g-couch, bracing for Gs::
[00:08:56] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::takes the jumpseat by the door and straps in::
[00:09:08] <Knight> ::leans back, eyes closed::
[00:09:18] <Savant> The walls outside, visible on screens, seem to waver with heat. Those screens showing directly behind show massive pits of slag piling up where Pathfinders' exhaust is melting the cement at several thousand degrees.
[00:09:21] <Thierry> Prophet watch over him despite his sins
[00:09:28] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ five!
[00:09:48] <Gabriel> ::watches the screens:: General, we keep the dream alive despite the death of this place.
[00:10:00] <Thierry> ::Finally secures his own straps and braces::
[00:10:48] <Savant> The Fury's Captain, Agnes Lemnos, shouts "Go!" and there' a terrible thunder as the restranied power of a pair of bottled suns kicks out into the Helios Transit Station.
[00:11:16] <Savant> Pathfinder rockets into the inky black, kicking everyone into their seats and kickin their air from their lungs.
[00:11:17] <Thierry> ::Looks out the nearest portal, wanting to see the inevitable explosion
[00:11:43] <Detro> ::humphs::
[00:11:48] <Detro> ::croaks:: Good. pilot.
[00:11:50] <Melissa> ::mutters quietly:: in the end, for the greater good
[00:11:53] <Savant> Several more sunbursts declare the other fleeig Talons, leavnig whote hot streaks on the watcher's retinas as they soar off, scattering into the system.
[00:12:21] <Tychon> ::grunts under the G-strain, and can't help but grin a little bit at the thrill of acceleration::
[00:12:41] <Knight> ::pauses in silent reflection of members of the 9::
[00:12:48] <Savant> Moments later, another snuburst overwhelms them all. Helios Transit Statio - Liberty Station, to the Capricians; Gateway Station to the Terranovans; a testament to human spirit and endeavour is no more.
[00:12:53] <Gabriel> ::counts up the streaks, satisfied that only BT09 seems to be leaving a Fury behind::
[00:13:08] <Savant> The Black Talons streak off nito the night, leaving the destruction behind
[00:13:10] <Ardelmos> Anybody got a light?
[00:13:12] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[00:13:22] <Gabriel> LOL Boooooo. Razz Wink
[00:13:30] <Gabriel> ::claps:: Nice one, Savant. Smile Very nice indeed.
[00:13:38] <Thierry> Whaat, we won Smile
[00:13:38] <Tychon> Woo, Bravo;
[00:13:51] <Savant> i think that's an awesome end line, by the way ^_-
[00:13:54] <Craig> lol nice way to end it fras:)
[00:13:56] <Thierry> Indeed Smile
[00:14:03] <Gabriel> I was responding to Roland's joke, which was in VERY poor taste. Wink
[00:14:06] <Savant> well! there you go. Welcome to the Black Talons, Knight ^_-
[00:14:13] <Knight> danke
[00:14:15] <Detro> One word: WHEW.
[00:14:19] <Gabriel> Like wanting to light a cigar from the burning ruins of Notre Dame. Wink
[00:14:21] <Savant> feel free to tack that in there now, Gabriel. I'll add it in
[00:14:37] <Gabriel> Tack what in there?
[00:14:40] * Savant grins
[00:14:47] <Savant> anyways. Comments, critiques?
[00:14:50] <Savant> your reply ^_-
[00:14:53] <Gabriel> Heh.
[00:14:58] <Thierry> Quite fun. Quite fun indeed
[00:15:05] <Gabriel> And nothing other than what I've already said. Great stuff. Much fun.
[00:15:11] <Ardelmos> Shooting defenseless technicians and GREL = fun!
[00:15:14] <Savant> I hope it wasn't too hurried
[00:15:22] <Gabriel> Nah. Took a while to breach that barricade.
[00:15:28] * Savant nods
[00:15:29] <Craig> and craig cheats death yet again:)
[00:15:34] <Thierry> And please Fras, let the surgeons do their work
[00:15:36] <Thierry> Smile
[00:15:41] * Melissa makes a note: Roland need serious help...or lots of tranqs
[00:15:52] <Melissa> *needs
[00:16:06] <Thierry> Um, mister Savant, can we pwease have some XP?
[00:16:09] <Savant> Thierry, o get him better, and consciou again, you're goin to have to do a lot of blood transfusions. He's goign to be entirely dependant on your work until you can get him to a proper hospital
[00:16:10] <Detro> That's our Roland! ::canned audience laughter::
[00:16:19] <Savant> exp.... oh yeah, experience points.
[00:16:30] <Savant> i guess you want some of those
[00:16:35] <Thierry> Goody Smile
[00:16:53] <Craig> of course xp would be lovely
[00:16:54] <Savant> i'll start with a base of 3 XP
[00:17:11] <Savant> do you guys think you operated as a team?
[00:17:17] <Craig> yep
[00:17:20] <Knight> I do
[00:17:24] <Tychon> Definitely. Particularly when breaking the beachhead.
[00:17:27] <Ardelmos> That's a rhetorical question, right?
[00:17:27] <Melissa> us? a team?...never
[00:17:30] <Thierry> Heck yes
[00:17:42] * Savant grnis
[00:17:57] <Knight> shooting nades thrown at us, holding the flank. all team ;p
[00:18:13] <Savant> 4 xp, then. +1 for being in a combat encounter. +1 for being in a combat encounter vs reasonable opponents. +1 for benig ni a bad situation against those opponents.
[00:18:19] <Savant> that's 7 so far
[00:18:32] <Savant> accomplish any major objectives today?
[00:18:38] <Melissa> ummm
[00:18:40] <Tychon> Uh...yeah. Wink
[00:18:42] <Savant> heh
[00:18:45] <Melissa> blowing up a fricking station
[00:18:51] * Savant grins
[00:18:52] <Gabriel> Depends on how Mem did, but almost certainly.
[00:18:52] <Tychon> We blew up the greatest monument to human achievement ever, right? Wink
[00:18:54] <Ardelmos> Drones + BILs + Hakkar Tech + Colonel Klink + Boom
[00:19:01] <Thierry> Yuppers
[00:19:03] <Craig> lets see we took all objectives, had a decisive victory, yep, all in a day's work:)
[00:19:10] <Savant> I'll give you +1 for each room you managed to get into. So you're at 9.
[00:19:13] <Gabriel> Hopefully, Mem was downloading pretty much until he final seconds.
[00:19:17] <Savant> yup.
[00:19:23] <Savant> until he lost connection, actually
[00:19:29] <Detro> We also know that the CEF knows some info about us, in terms of some of our gears at least.
[00:19:41] <Detro> Or likely does at least.
[00:19:57] <Detro> Unless the entire station was being ECM blanketed.
[00:20:06] <Savant> 9. I'll give you ten if you tell me the thing you look forward to the *least* in the next story arc.
[00:20:28] <Tychon> Not being on the ground.
[00:20:29] <Ardelmos> Lack of foliage. Sad
[00:20:29] <Melissa> not having a drone to protect me
[00:20:39] <Thierry> Homesickness
[00:20:50] <Thierry> Theirry's gonna get it bad
[00:20:55] <Detro> Only having one personal posession Razz
[00:20:57] <Craig> paladin lots
[00:21:09] <Gabriel> Gabriel's not looking forward to writing letters back to TN about people he's already lost, and more people he could possibly use.
[00:21:26] <Thierry> That's the other thing...paperwork.
[00:21:32] <Savant> I mean players, not characters ^_-
[00:21:43] <Tychon> ...Not being on the ground. Smile
[00:21:43] <Knight> Not looking forward to learning the ins and outs of an entire new team... and like Detro, lack of perosnal items
[00:22:08] * Savant nods
[00:22:30] <Savant> you'll get some. You've got the rarest booze in a Terra Novan's posession right now. That counts for somehing ^_
[00:22:43] <Detro> If you're talking about the BirkinStill 2.0...
[00:22:45] <Craig> lol
[00:22:49] <Gabriel> Ah, player-wise, I don't want us to repeat ourselves from the last visit to Caprice, even though we'll probably have to a time or two. I'm not looking forward to fighting hovertanks, for instance. I think we did it to death the first go-round. Like to do different stuff this time.
[00:23:06] <Thierry> Oh, me...um...hmm...well we are getting rather large, I'm not looking forward to the even longer combats Smile
[00:23:17] <Melissa> hey, with the scrapped drones, i might be able to jury-rig a makeshift battle frame for one of you new guys Wink
[00:23:21] <Gabriel> Maybe once, just to make sure we still know how. But other than that, space stuff, Gomorrah stuff, corporate intel stuff this time.
[00:23:26] <Tychon> Can you clarify what you mean by next story arc? I thought we were going to be in space for a while.
[00:23:27] <Ardelmos> I'd like to see us do more stuff in Gomorrah and less stuff out in the boonies
[00:23:42] <Ardelmos> Note: Does not apply to Paladin Lots. Wink
[00:23:49] <Savant> Next story arc takes us to the asteroid belt and Indra. Though in the general future is fine too
[00:23:59] <Gabriel> We're definitely leaving a musical truck bomb somewhere in or near Paladin Lots.
[00:24:01] <Craig> i don't want to see another attempt to create an accident involving grel:)
[00:24:03] <Gabriel> Gabriel owes Mason that.
[00:24:24] <Thierry> Paladin lots = ?
[00:24:33] <Gabriel> = the center of CEF control in Gomorrah.
[00:24:38] * Savant nosd
[00:24:39] <Gabriel> Think of it as Baghdad's Green Zone.
[00:24:52] <Thierry> Gotcha
[00:24:59] <Detro> 9? 10? Bathroom is calling urgently.
[00:25:06] <Savant> Looks like ten points for Melissa, Thierry, Gabriel, Craig, Knight, Detro, Roland, Tychon
[00:25:11] <Tychon> Woo.
[00:25:21] <Knight> I am least looking forward to how the heck we are patching up Dash into working order.
[00:25:24] <Detro> ::runs::
[00:25:38] * Savant grins
[00:25:43] <Savant> any final questions?
[00:25:44] <Thierry> OK, 10 points hmmmmmmm
[00:25:52] <Tychon> ::raises::
[00:26:00] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[00:26:11] <Savant> Tychon?
[00:26:12] <Tychon> Who were the Indians?
[00:26:39] <Savant> nidigenous peoples of either north america or the indian subcontinent, depending on context.
[00:26:43] <Savant> Gabriel?
[00:26:51] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[00:26:58] <Gabriel> How many points for Birkin?
[00:27:08] <Savant> I'll give him ten, the big lug ^_-
[00:27:13] <Gabriel> Right-o.
[00:27:23] <Savant> well done, everyone. Big reward for the night, but you've earned it. The next several games will be story-heavy. We've had enough combat for awhile ^_-
[00:27:34] * Savant sets mode: -m
[00:27:34] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Baiting the Tiger in session next Thursday'
[00:27:34] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group