Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Transcripts for "Goliath"

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Game Transcripts for "Goliath" Reply with quote

[18:01] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:01] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:01] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[18:01] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[18:01] <Detro> ::Attn::
[18:01] * Fraser has joined #bt05
[18:01] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
[18:01] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:01] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:01] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:01] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:01] <Ardelmos> ::attn and stuff::
[18:01] <Savant> hello and good evening to you all. Do we have everyone?
[18:01] * CavScout is now known as Knight
[18:01] <Knight> ::att::
[18:02] <Thierry> ::Attn::
[18:02] <Savant> is Brad even in this game anymore? ^_-
[18:02] <Gabriel> Dunno. I haven't seen him on-line.
[18:02] <Detro> And people wonder why I was having Joanna dupe his skills. Wink
[18:02] <Thierry> Heh
[18:03] <Savant> anyways. We're starting off a new story arc today, called Goliath. Because that's who's waking up. You have been warned ^_-
[18:03] <Gabriel> Heh. I've been reading about Robert the Bruce.
[18:03] <Ardelmos> Goliath's a pussy
[18:04] <Thierry> Break out the slings Smile
[18:04] * Detro hands Roland a rock and a sling. "Done."
[18:04] <Birkin> its all about the Dragoon's yo
[18:04] <Birkin> or Hydralisks
[18:04] <Savant> who says you're David? ^_-
[18:04] <Detro> Dude, sleeve garrottes.
[18:04] <Savant> anyways, in this story arc we're going to get you from where you are now to landing on Caprice. I hope. Cross your fingers.
[18:04] <Savant> we'll see how long it takes.
[18:05] <Knight> no Burns, PLEASE.
[18:05] <Savant> let's get you a briefing
[18:05] <Savant> Goliath
[18:05] <Savant> 19 Autumn TN, 2100h - mid afternoon
[18:05] <Savant> Sollers Refinery Station 13
[18:05] <Savant> -271 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[18:05] <Savant> From one labour to the next. Your work has not been in vain - Macedon reports that the CEF is beginning to break up, sending out heavier patrols and escorts with the mining fleets that scour the scattered Blessed Asteroid Belt. This is only the first stage of the game, however. The next target is to hit the refineries themselves and force a heavy garrison there as well.
[18:05] <Savant> This is why the Talons have been watching this particular refinery for about a week. The last CEF patrol left a few days ago, and the place seems peaceful. One station holds fifty souls, a tumbling pair of tubes that provide just enough heat, oxygen and gravity that the workers can finish their nine-month stretches in relative comfort. Four massive drums to melt down asteroids into their constituent elements.
[18:05] <Savant> Rows of floating canisters filled with water and compressed gasses, for transport to Caprice or distribution to the mining fleet's fuel reserves. An industrious place, a lynchpin in the network that keeps Caprice alive. Also, a target.
[18:05] <Savant> The Talons approach within the belly of a Whipsnake, preparing for who-knew-what.
[18:05] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:05] <Knight> ::ack::
[18:05] <Detro> hACKppy Birthday Ross!
[18:05] <Birkin> ack
[18:05] <Thierry> ackers
[18:06] <Gabriel> ack, and thanks. Wink
[18:06] <Ardelmos> ack
[18:06] <Savant> oh, yeah, happy birthday Jester ^_-
[18:06] <Savant> i'm ready for questions
[18:07] <Detro> ::Raises::
[18:07] <Savant> Detro?
[18:07] <Detro> Where do we start on the map?
[18:07] <Savant> airlock.
[18:08] <Savant> anyone else?
[18:08] <Birkin> er woops
[18:08] * Birkin loads maptool
[18:09] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:09] <Savant> Gabriel?
[18:09] <Gabriel> No questions here. Just some notes.
[18:09] <Savant> please
[18:09] * McC has joined #bt05
[18:09] * ChanServ sets mode: +o McC
[18:09] <Gabriel> a) No unnecessary killing. If he's armed, kill him. If he's unarmed but resisting, wound/taser him. If he's unarmed and not resisting, allow him to surrender.
[18:09] <Ardelmos> <m> Spoilsport
[18:09] * Detro adds to personal loadout
[18:10] <Gabriel> The overall plan is to capture this place, get them to surrender, put the crew in a position of safety, and then destroy the station as a CEF refueling base.
[18:10] <Savant> everyone, please be sure that your personal loadout on the forum is up to date.
[18:10] <Thierry> Done here
[18:11] <Savant> is that all? Everyone raring to go?
[18:11] <Gabriel> That said, primary mission: put this place out of action as a CEF refueling base, probably by destroying the station's hub. Secondary mission: information, food, water, supplies of military value, in that order.
[18:11] <Gabriel> That's all from me.
[18:11] <Savant> thank you Captain.
[18:11] <Savant> if that's all, let's get going.
[18:11] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:12] <Ardelmos> ::propels himself off of the nose of the Whipsnake and floats in towards the airlock::
[18:12] <Detro> ::follows as usual behind Roland::
[18:12] <Thierry> ::Makes final checks of his armor and weapons, and works his way into the airlock::
[18:13] <Knight> ::double checks that all gear is strapped down, shoulders BIL and prepares to move out::
[18:13] <Savant> The space station approached quickly - a spinning string with a knot int he middle and two distant cans on either side. The Whipsnake has pressed up right against the docking hub - which is closed right now - and is letting out the Talons into the inky black.
[18:13] <Birkin> ::sticks close to the Captain as he normally does:: +subvoc+ So are we looting this place too? If I see some booze or we see some easily portable food are we allowed to take it?
[18:14] <Ardelmos> ::cushions his impact with hull with his legs to avoid thunking on it loud enough to cause notice, activating the magnetic clasp on his boots and kneeling down beside the airlock controls::
[18:14] <Thierry> ::Shakes his head and readies his BIL::
[18:15] <Detro> ::has a BIL, but has it secured to him, keeping the tazer and a concussion grenade in hand instead::
[18:15] <Gabriel> ::from the rear fire-team:: +com+ Information first, preferably by a direct connect to the station's computer core. After that, food, water, and supplies of military value are all fair targets.
[18:16] <Ardelmos> ::opens his comm channel and speaks shortly and curtly in Siberian in a transmission to the station, requesting access for the refuling of an 'experimental' CEF fighter::
[18:16] <Savant> "Of course," they had said over the radio, "Of course Lieutenant. We've got three tugs outside - let us maneuver you to the refuelling port."
[18:17] <Savant> Meanwhile, the light above the airlock doors turn on and a glowing sign declares in Anglic "Open"
[18:17] <Gabriel> ::attempts to follow the conversation as best he can::
[18:18] <Ardelmos> Poor sods. ::hits the cycling control on the airlock door and switches back to the talon's secure channel:: +com+ Alright, everyone in.
[18:18] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Senior Sergeant. Red team, take point, then gold, blue team as rear guard. Whipsnake Two, initiate jamming of the station's communications.
[18:19] <Knight> ::readies himself:: +com+ Detro, looks like were up front drawing fire again.
[18:19] <Ardelmos> ::swings into the airlock room from the outside, unslinging his BIL:: +com+ Whipsnake one, give me a heating scan of this thing; where're the bastards congregated?
[18:20] <Detro> +subvoc+ Karmic backlash.
[18:20] <Savant> The door opens to a simple empty capsule with exactly one elevator car on each side. One side says "Staff" and the other "storage". It is a utilitarian place for nothing more than the movement of goods and personnel. Outside, two stubby rockets approached slowly towards the Whipsnake
[18:20] <Savant> Mem> ::After a moment:: They're all in the can to your left. The other one just looks like storage.
[18:21] <Gabriel> ::enters the hub airlock after Roland::
[18:21] <Birkin> ::grips the BIL in his hands, holding himself in wait till Red team takes the point and then he moves in right behind them::
[18:22] <Knight> :moves in with red team::
[18:22] <Detro> ::Picks one side::
[18:22] <Thierry> ::Moves in to hold the rear...as usual::
[18:22] <Ardelmos> ::brings up a sensor readout of the hub from the whipsnake and heads for the long corridor running the length of the hub -- there were several rooms along the right-hand side of the corridor that didn't appear to be dorms like those on the left side::
[18:23] <Savant> Everyone piles into the elevator, which begins its descent towards the habitation station. As they do so, a slow and strange sensation begins to take hold of them - gravity. It's been so long, it feels like a stranger.
[18:23] <Birkin> +subvoc+ ooooh.
[18:24] <Gabriel> ::lets himself settle to the floor gently, bending his knees slightly to accept the weight gradually:: +com+ Hope everyone followed my orders about gym time.
[18:25] <Ardelmos> ::ambles into the elevator for the pod marked 'personnel'::
[18:26] <Thierry> +Com+ Ah Gravity. Everyone ok?
[18:26] <Knight> ::stares at Detro:: +Com+ I think Red team is losing one.
[18:27] <Birkin> +com+ I feel like a dawg. That has the strength of two dawgs.
[18:27] <Detro> ::is silent and not moving::
[18:27] <Knight> +com+ We may need a medic.
[18:27] <Ardelmos> +com+ Oh for cripe's sack. ::nudges the collapsing Detro with a foot -- probably harder than strictly necessary:: Wake up, you wuss.
[18:27] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Ah, Captain? I've got two tugs with hands trying to grab me. Orders please.
[18:28] <Thierry> ::Moves over to Detro as he collapses and pulls out his first aid kit::
[18:28] <Gabriel> ::glances around, checking the relative health of the team:: +com+ Whipsnake Two, your discretion, avoid the tugs for 90 more seconds. Private Thierry, see if you can do anything for Corporal Takira.
[18:29] <Thierry> +Com+ Already on it sir
[18:29] <Savant> The elevator car speeds along, accelerating down the long cable. It's probably four kilometers long in total, a broad, heavy cable of spun diamond and carbon. Their weight continues to press down upon them
[18:29] <Gabriel> ::waits for the doors to open:: +com+ Red team, fast deploy, hit anything armed when the doors open. Stay sharp.
[18:30] <Detro> ::finally comes to, groaning::
[18:30] <Knight> ::shifts the BIL uncofortably in his hands::
[18:31] <Ardelmos> ::steps forward and brings the BIL to his shoulder, aiming forward with the tip of the weapon almost touching the door in front of him::
[18:32] <Knight> ::slings BIL across back, un-shoulder and readies the R25::
[18:32] <Thierry> +Com+ Not much I can do for him sir. He can walk, barely.
[18:33] <Gabriel> ::nods, a little grim at having already suffered a casualty:: +com+ Very well. Corporal Takira, return to the hub. Take command of the exterior areas of the station, those tugs in particular. Those are your responsibility.
[18:33] <Savant> And then the car starts to slow, quickly. Gravity presses a bit harder yet, and then eases as the car settles into a socket within the distant can.
[18:33] <Gabriel> +com+ Hold the hub pending our return.
[18:33] <Detro> +subvoc+ ::feeling drained:: Did anyone get the registry number of the destroyer that ran me over?
[18:33] * LrdVampyre has joined #bt05
[18:34] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:34] <Gabriel> +com+ Corporal, snap out of it. You'll be fine once you get back to zero-G. More workouts for you on our return to Pathfinder.
[18:34] <Detro> +com+ Understood sir...
[18:34] <Thierry> ::Looks to Detro:: +COM+ That's nothing compared to the size of the Calcium pills you'll be downing
[18:34] <Knight> ::un-shoulders the BIL and spare power pack:: +com+ hold these for me Detro, the gravity has gotten to me a bit, need to lighten the load.
[18:34] <Gabriel> ::turns back to Roland and signals him to get the door open::
[18:35] <Ardelmos> Rock 'n roll, bitches. ::opens the elevator doors and sweeps out so quickly it almost seems like he's throwing himself forward::
[18:35] <Savant> There's an audible thump as clamps lock the car into place, and the light in front of the door turns on. Through a small window, two people can be seen waiting.
[18:35] <Detro> ::Carefully takes them, and waits for the can to leave::
[18:36] <Savant> Roalnd comes out, and immediately the two men waiting take a step backwards, their eyes widening
[18:37] <Knight> ::swings rifle at nearest one:: +com+ someone tell 'em not to move!
[18:37] <Savant> Corporate> Wh-what? What's the meaning of this?!
[18:38] <Birkin> ::steps out behind what remains of Red Team, smiling at the two of them::
[18:38] <Detro> ::tries to ignore the headache::
[18:38] <Gabriel> ::opens his communicator to external:: +com+ Drop your weapons and surrender! Now!
[18:38] <Thierry> ::Steps out himself and levels his BIL at the capricians::
[18:40] <Savant> Tech> ::raises his hands and steps back to the wall::
[18:40] <Savant> Corporate> ::Raises his hands as well, but has a bit more spine:: What *is* this?
[18:42] <Ardelmos> ::has barely even exited the elevator as he depresses the trigger and lasers the tech with the pistol; then, still moving forward he closes the distance to the corporate serf and throws a knee into his mid-section::
[18:42] <Knight> +com+ One down ::moves forward to secure the sidearm:
[18:42] <Ardelmos> :Surprisedr tries to, anyway::
[18:43] <Ardelmos> Sh
[18:43] <Gabriel> ::gives the immediate hallway a sweep with his eyes::
[18:44] <Thierry> ::Moves foward and puts his BIL up at the survivor
[18:44] <Savant> The Tech screams as he's pierced straight through by Rolands' shot; he crumbles ot the floor writhing in pain for a few moments before he goes still. The corporate takes a half step back and seems to be continuing on to a red button set into the wall
[18:44] <Ardelmos> ::as his knee smacks into the wall while the corporate heads for the button:: If you want to fucking die, then by all means, go ahead!
[18:45] <Thierry> ::Was about to say something:: Yeah, what he said. On the ground
[18:46] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:47] <Gabriel> ::shoots at the button the Corporate was going to press:: Don't do that. On the ground, now.
[18:48] <Savant> The corporate hesitates and stumbles, then cringes back as his alert button is neatly destroyed. He looks wide-eyed between Thierry and the rest of the group and presses back against the wall.
[18:48] * Scotty has joined #BT05
[18:48] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Scotty
[18:48] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[18:48] <Savant> Then he sinks down onto the ground, clearly terrified.
[18:48] <Ardelmos> Attaboy. Now. Where's the easiest place to access your mainframe?
[18:49] <Thierry> ::Moves to search the man on the ground::
[18:49] <Savant> Th-the> control room. Down the hall, on the right.
[18:49] <Gabriel> ::nods thanks at Roland:: One thing at a time, Senior Sergeant. ::moves up:: You are our prisoner. If you resist or show a weapon, you will be killed. Nod if you understand me.
[18:49] <Savant> ((dammit))
[18:49] <Savant> Corporate> ::nods once::
[18:50] <Gabriel> Good. We don't wish to kill anyone we don't have to. Who is in command of this facility, and where is he or she?
[18:50] <Knight> ::moves forward to cover the hall::
[18:51] <Detro> ::once it looks like they have their beachhead, Detro manages to hit the button to send the can down.
[18:51] <Thierry> ::Theirry takes the Corporates dataglove and puts it on:: He's clean sir
[18:51] <Savant> That's> me. I, ah, I'm in charge, sir. What's going on? We're *happy* to refuel you.
[18:52] <Savant> Corporate> That's me. I, ah, I'm in charge, sir. What's going on? We're *happy* to refuel you.
[18:52] <Gabriel> Excellent. On your feet, very slowly, and give me your name.
[18:52] <Ardelmos> ::as Tynes does his interrogation thing, Roland puts himself up against the wall beside the door leading to the pod's corridor and prepares to open it once ordered::
[18:52] <Gabriel> +com+ Red team, move up 25 meters and cover us. Blue team, cover positions just outside the elevator.
[18:53] <Knight> +com+ Roland, I've got the left side of the corridor.
[18:53] <Savant> Corporate> ::Stands slowly, hands up:: Stills Jeng. Site manager.
[18:53] <Savant> The elevator car begins its ascent back to the hub, and with it the pressure on Detro's chest abates
[18:53] <Ardelmos> +com+ clicks his mic in acknowledgement and opens the door to the corridor, stepping smoothly and consistently forward down the corridor for approximately 25 metres::
[18:54] <Knight> ::moves out flanking Roland::
[18:54] <Gabriel> Stills Jeng, I represent the Terranovan Black Talons. By the authority granted me by the Terranovan Westphalia Cabinet, I declare this site to be an enemy facility. You have been providing aid and comfort to the enemies of Terra Nova. Will you accept my authority and surrender this facility to me, speaking for yourself and your men?
[18:54] <Gabriel> If you do so and your men do not resist, no further harm will come to them.
[18:55] <Savant> His eyes go wide - he's clearly horrified at the fact that there are Black Talons *on* *HIS* *station*. He nods wordlessly as he swallows.
[18:55] <Gabriel> I'm sorry about your man, but he was clearly a traitor to his own planet. Is there anyone else on the station that is armed?
[18:57] <Detro> ::feeling better::
[18:58] <Craig> ::leans over to detro:: not expecting to be back in gravity, even if only for a brief moment eh?
[18:58] <Thierry> ::Keeps his BIL firmly pressed to Jeng's head::
[18:58] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> Yes... there's six part-time corpsec's. ::he cringes - he's clearly trying to get away from Thierry's gun, but has nowhere to go.::
[18:59] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Where are they, please?
[18:59] <Savant> Detro arrives in the hub, weightless again, and it's a relieving feeling. Outside the window he can see the Whipsnake jockeying around a little bit, trying to keep a four-armed tug from grappling it.
[19:00] <Craig> <<disregard last line>>
[19:00] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> :clears his throat:: They, ah, two, re probably asleep, two're on shift outside, and two're probably in the commons.
[19:01] <Detro> ::looks at the Whipsnake:: +com+ If anyone upstairs can do something about the tugs I think Jeremi would appreciate it.
[19:01] <Thierry> ::Produces the Dataglove:: Care to call off the tugs?
[19:02] <Knight> +com+movement in the hall
[19:02] <Gabriel> Very well. You will lead us to your control room. After your men there have moved away from their consoles, you will make an announcement of this station's new status over the intercom. You will order the corpsecs that are here and awake to report to the control room and surrender their weapons. You will order the rest of your people to stand down and remain where they are.
[19:02] <Savant> Roland and Knight press on into the corridor beyond. IT's sort of like a trailer-home in space; the same sort of feel to it. Everything is semi-permanent. There's a woman walking down the hallway who stops as she sees Roland. Then she shrieks and starts running away from him.
[19:03] <Gabriel> ::hears the scream:: And sooner would probably be better than later, don't you think? Move.
[19:03] <Ardelmos> ::mutters something and flash-draws his taser with his left hand, holding the BIL to his side with the right::
[19:03] <Thierry> ::Lets the pressure off the man's head enough for him to get up:: Hands on your head as well. You flinch, it'll hurt.
[19:03] <Craig> ::moves over to birkin and tynes::
[19:03] <Gabriel> +com+ Red team, scout ahead. Blue team, rear guard. Go non-lethal on weapons.
[19:04] <Savant> Rolands' as fast as ever - he snaps up his tazer and shoots the woman square int he back. It doesn't stop her screaming, but it certainly does keep her from running.
[19:05] <Thierry> ::Shoulders his BIL and switches to his pistol::
[19:05] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[19:05] <Knight> ::mutters under his breath:: None leather? What the hell did I bring this for?
[19:05] <Knight> *lethal
[19:05] <Craig> ::pulls out his talon pistol which is still loaded with the non-lethal ammo from aggie's rescue on the al bansen's station::
[19:05] <Birkin> ::slings his BIL over his shoulder and draws his taser out:: +com+ Because there will be some people here that probably need killing.
[19:06] <Knight> +com+ Runner!
[19:06] <Gabriel> ::nudges Jeng along down the corridor::
[19:06] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::takes the data glove from Thierry as if it were not, in fact, his own - then presses a control on the wrist and holds it up to speak in it:: All tugs.... stand down and return to station keeping orbits.
[19:06] <Ardelmos> ::grumbles slightly and slings his BIL, flipping his taser over to his right hand and moving forward, opening the doors along his side of the corridor and checking inside as he does so for armed guards::
[19:07] <Knight> +com+ Bounding forward
[19:07] <Thierry> ::Indicates that he was taking the glove back when Jeng was done with it and then gestures down the corridor with the pistol, the red dot of the laser sight clearly visible::
[19:08] <Savant> As the group moves down the hallway, a group of curious onlookers open the door from the commons, and immediately go bug- eyed and slam the door shut.
[19:09] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::He complies, fear being a very strong motivator indeed.::
[19:10] <Knight> +com+ we got company
[19:10] <Knight> ::points at the commons door::
[19:10] <Ardelmos> ::glances at the commons door, then goes over and knocks on it, drawing his talon pistol with his other hand::
[19:11] <Gabriel> Senior Sergeant, hold that door until we're in the control room. ::indicates the commons door:: Everyone else, keep moving.
[19:11] <Knight> ::has back against wall, causitiously scanning from the commons door to down the hall::
[19:11] <Detro> ::eyes the activity:: +com+ Hang in there Jeremi.
[19:11] <Savant> Roland hears the sound of a table? Something heavy, anyways. It's being dragged against the floor to block the door up
[19:11] <Gabriel> Let's move right along, please.
[19:11] <Thierry> ::Nods and grins at his prisoner:: After you
[19:12] <Knight> ::bounds forward:: +com+Have a door on the right, Roland::
[19:12] <Thierry> +Com+ Tugs should be standing down
[19:12] <Ardelmos> I don't think I we need to worry about too much... ::hearing the scraping of the table along the ground, knocks again:: [S] Allo?
[19:12] <Savant> Outside, the tugs back off. Jeremi and Mem give the most frustrating one a complimentary glancing shot to the ass as they depart.
[19:12] <Gabriel> Sous-Sergeant, check these other doors, make sure there's nobody inside.
[19:13] <Gabriel> Private Knight, stay on point.
[19:13] <Knight> ::goes to one knee, rifle scanning the hall::
[19:13] <Savant> Roland doesn't get a reply, but he *does* hear some hished, frantic voices speaking in anglic about what-the-hell-is-going-on-around-here
[19:14] <Detro> ::sighs in relief as things outside seem to calm down... which leaves him here, alone, holding what seems to be a rather pointless location::
[19:14] <Craig> ::moves into the hallway ::
[19:14] <Detro> So much for the luck of the fountain.
[19:14] <Ardelmos> ::knocks again, switching back to Anglic:: CEF inspection, don't get jittery.
[19:14] <Birkin> ::tries to open up the door, pointing his taser into it as he looks around for people::
[19:14] <Savant> The hall seems mostly abandoned now. Some people are asleep, likely, but one would have to go into the side corridor to check for certain.
[19:15] <Detro> +com+ Looks like things are secure outside. I'm sending the can back up and preparing for a data relay back to the Whipsnake. Stand by.
[19:15] <Gabriel> ::with Thierry's help, keeps the prisoner moving right along::
[19:16] <Detro> ::does as he says, sending the can back up, then linking the wireless on the glove up::
[19:16] <Savant> The corridor seems secured - there's an awful lot of doors here, but no one in the adjoining rooms. This is a bit like attacking a train car. Lots of jumble, but not many places to hide. The control room is just ahead.
[19:16] <Gabriel> +com+ Master Sergeant, get up here and help Knight cover the control room.
[19:16] <Gabriel> ::moves slowly, letting his legs readjust to the feeling of walking::
[19:16] <Knight> ++com++ Moving up
[19:17] <Thierry> Shall I take our friend here to the control room and get a link set up for Mem?
[19:17] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:20] <Gabriel> Patience. One step at a time. ::keeps moving Jeng along::
[19:20] <Savant> Mem> I'm ready when you are, Detro.
[19:20] <Ardelmos> ::liesurely leans back against the wall opposite the commons room, checking the safeties and actions on his guns while keeping an eye up and down the corridor::
[19:20] <Detro> ::initiates the relay::
[19:21] <Savant> Jeng hustles to the control room. It's an unglamorous place - a few desks, some computer terminals, a single trideo display against one wall. There are plastic charts on the wall, and a whiteboard with the production of the various refining drums.
[19:21] <Detro> ::monitors, waiting to see the signal that the boarding party's end is up and ready::
[19:21] <Savant> There are two technicians inside - Jung tells them to back away from their desks, which they do, confused and very worried.
[19:21] <Craig> ::shifts to the other side of the hall and start moving to the control room
[19:21] <Craig> ::
[19:22] <Knight> :;moves up to support control room breech::
[19:22] <Gabriel> Privates, cover them. Master Sergeant, check their consoles. ::waves Jeng forward:: The announcement, if you would.
[19:23] <Craig> ::nods to tynes and goes into the control room::
[19:23] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::Swallows and nods, taking a step forward to a console. He looks over at Gabriel hesitantly, and then taps in his password and activates the intercom.::
[19:23] <Thierry> ::Sticks with Jeng::
[19:24] <Gabriel> ::waves the technicians toward the hallway where Knight can cover them::
[19:25] <Gabriel> +com+ Sous-Sergeant, once the forward doors are cleared, got a few more aft for you to check.
[19:25] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::There's a piercing beep as the intercom activates, waking everyone:: Ahem.. all personnel, this is Jeng. We've been boarded by a Black Talon team. They require everyone to stay where they are, and any corpsec personnel to come forward to surrender their weapons. Let's not make any trouble, people.
[19:26] <Savant> The two technicians head outside glumly, seated agaisnt the wall where Knight can see them clearly. Meanwhile there's a little bit of commotion as everyone wakes up, but thankfully, no one panics.
[19:26] <Thierry> Sir, permisson to see to the wounded woman?
[19:27] <Ardelmos> ::pushes off the wall and moves a little back towards the airloc area to give people coming out of the common room a berth -- based on the number of people he saw inside when it was open, it was likely at least one was armed::
[19:27] <Gabriel> ::nods at Thierry:: Carefully. ::turns to Jeng:: Thank you, Mr Jeng. Well done. Please, have a seat ::pulls a chair away from the consoles:: and tell me about your emergency procedures.
[19:28] <Thierry> ::Exchanges his gun for his first aid kit and moves out into the hallway towards the tazered woman::
[19:28] <Gabriel> ::swaps his own BIL for his holstered taser::
[19:28] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::sits down slowly - it's his seat, being the nicest in the office. He doesn't seem that confortable in it though.:: Emergency procedures? It'ah, it depends on the emergency.
[19:28] <Gabriel> The emergency being a very large explosion at the hub.
[19:29] <Gabriel> How would you go about safe-guarding your personnel in that instance?
[19:29] <Thierry> ::Does a quick search of the tazered worker, making sure there are no permanent injuries::
[19:29] <Detro> ::notices the link topside becomes active::
[19:30] <Gabriel> ::waits to see if any corpsecs are going to appear::
[19:30] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> Er, everyone stays where they are until the course of travel is found, and then we either stay with the capsule or eject in the lifepods, depending.
[19:30] <Detro> ::also keeps an eye on the can, just to make sure nobody tries to escape via it... he hopes they've left a guard watching it::
[19:31] <Craig> ::moves over to one of the consoles and establishes a link with the whipsnake:: i've linked with the whipsnake captain
[19:31] <Savant> Mem> There we go. I'm live. Don't suppose you can squeeze him for a password?
[19:31] <Gabriel> Very well. I regret to inform you that you will soon be having such an emergency. We will do what we can to ensure that your course of travel is a relatively safe one.
[19:31] * LrdVampyre has left #bt05
[19:32] <Savant> The door beside Knight opens suddenly.
[19:32] <Gabriel> +com+ Lieutenant, the password is verida2124. ::spells it:: Corporal Takira, I'm going to need two or three self-destruct warheads.
[19:32] <Knight> ::spins to the door::
[19:32] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::swallows and nods, but it's clear that his mind is working frantically right now::
[19:33] <Detro> +com+ Understood, relaying your request. ::passes it along::
[19:33] <Ardelmos> ::aims down the hall as Knight spins to a door that opens beside him::
[19:33] <Gabriel> I am sorry for this, but your corporate policy is one of extreme cooperation with those that seek to conquer and enslave human-kind. This very station is a major keff refueling point. I'm afraid I must do everything in my power to put it out of action.
[19:33] <Savant> A rather sullen and timid looking woman peers out from the door frame. She doesn't seem frightened by the guns in her face, however.
[19:34] <Gabriel> When you are rescued, you might see what you can do to change your corporation's policy with regard to the keffs.
[19:34] <Thierry> ::Rubs some burn cream on the electrical burns on the woman and then packs his medkit back up and retreives his gun, returning to the control room::
[19:34] <Gabriel> Otherwise, Black Talons teams will have no choice but to target more of your corporation's facililties. You understand this, I assume?
[19:35] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::Sits up straighter:: I understand. There's little I can do to change Sollers policy. It's dictated by our major shareholders, and they frankly don't give a damn.
[19:35] <Detro> ::finishes relaying the request, still on the comm with them:: +com+ So I guess we'll have to do a linkup or something, or get it close enough to load 'em in, right?
[19:35] <Gabriel> Their shares, unfortunately, are likely to take several immediate hits.
[19:36] <Thierry> ::Salutes to gabe as he returns:: The woman will be fine sir. Orders?
[19:36] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::Meets Gabriels' eyes for the first time:: Then maybe we can buy back our company and rejoin the Cornellion Consortium , like we were before the occupation.
[19:36] <Gabriel> Thank you, doctor. Get her and Private Knight's two prisoners into the public areas with the others. Then sweep the remainder of the station.
[19:37] <Gabriel> ::nods at Jeng:: A worthwhile goal. This Cornellion Consortium is, I assume, the leadership of Caprice before it was enslaved?
[19:37] <Savant> Corpsec> :: the woman at the doorframe looks at the two armed men and then steps intot he hall and past hem, pretty much ignoring them at that point. She's heading to the control room.::
[19:38] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Oh, right, warheads. I'll get close. You'll have to wlak.
[19:38] <Savant> (walk)
[19:39] <Detro> +com+ That might be the safest thing I've attempted today.
[19:39] <Knight> ::blinks::
[19:39] <Gabriel> ::glances over his shoulder at the noise and movement:: Private Knight, ask her politely to surrender her weapons, then ask her to carry the young woman down the hall back into the public areas.
[19:39] <Detro> ::recalls the can -- he wants it down here so he can check it for any stoways before he makes the transfer::
[19:39] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::looks at Gabriel blankly for a few moments, then breathes:: You really *are* from Terra Nova. ::he replies, more composed,:: No. It's a holding company for most of the ice mining efforts. At least, it used to be before the big three started eating at it, during the occupation.
[19:39] <Knight> ::aims the rifle at her chest:: Dis-arm and hands above your head.
[19:39] <Savant> The Whipsnake sidles back up close to the airlock doors and its hatch opens.
[19:40] <Thierry> ::Puts a red dot on one of the techs foreheads and gestures towards the commons:: If you'd be so kind gentlemen
[19:40] <Detro> ::guages the distance and alignment, then pushes off to the hatch::
[19:40] <Savant> Corpsec> ::She pauses, then looks at Knight levelly:: Oh, here? Not the control room? ::She shrugs and unclips her pistol, slowly dropping it to the floor - then puts her hands on her head::
[19:41] <Gabriel> ::turns back to Jeng:: Indeed I am, and you're right, I must beg ignorance on recent Caprician history. Please, go on.
[19:41] <Gabriel> +com+ Lieutenant, you should have full access to this station's computers. Please download any relevant data that you can find.
[19:41] <Gabriel> ::gives his attention back to Jeng::
[19:42] <Savant> Tech> ::raises his hands and slowly makes his way over to the commons::
[19:42] <Savant> Mem> +com+ already on it sir.
[19:42] <Thierry> ::Looks to the techs as he walks them towards the commons:: So, out of curiousity, you have any CEF traffic scheduled in any time soon?
[19:42] <Ardelmos> ::knocks on the door to the commons again:: If you've still got that table blocking the door, some of your station-mates need to join you. In clearer terms; open the fucking door before I blow it open with a grenade.
[19:43] <Detro> ::gets the first of the self destructive warheads and transfers it over... going back for the second and third::
[19:44] <Thierry> And pardon my friend here. He gets nasty when he's cooped up for a long time
[19:44] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::he pauses a moment, and then replies:: CCN used to be a blanket group, a co-op between a dozen companies. IT was to protect them and keep them from being bought up by the bigger corps, but still act in that arena. When the Earthers showed up KSM gave them huge loans and pretty much funded the war efforts. They got huge payoffs from Earth. Now they're buying up everythi
[19:45] <Gabriel> +com+ Sous-Sergent, please return to the hub and assist with the demolition efforts there.
[19:45] <Savant> Tech> ::swallows and knocks on the commons door:: Hey, uh, guys. Open up. For real. ::He glances at Thierry and Roland:: They've got a gun on me.
[19:46] <Savant> Detro begins to transfer the explosives over to the solid hub station. He'll need a few in order to do enough to separate the station.
[19:46] <Detro> ::pulls the third one over, which was the maximum Tynes asked for::
[19:46] <Savant> Meanwhile, there's the sound of furniture moving in the commons room as the door is unblocked.
[19:46] <Thierry> I'd suggest doing it quickly before my friend here decides to laser someone else
[19:46] <Ardelmos> And Stilly boy said there were four security officers in the station; I've seen only one. If we don't see the other three in the next two minutes with their weapons, I'm going to go looking. I don't like having to go looking; makes my finger twitch.
[19:47] <Thierry> ::Opens the door once its clear, the dot clearly on the techs forehead
[19:47] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> Now they're buying up everything they can get their hands on. Even renamed our company when they did. Arrogant pricks. ::he shrugs:: but they've got the pounds and the puissance.
[19:47] <Thierry> Would you nice gentlemen be so kind as to drop your weapons and take a seat please
[19:48] <Savant> Tech> Two're probably asleep still, and two're outside right now.
[19:48] <Gabriel> ::smiles slightly:: It seems everyone just wants to be left alone to go their own way. Terra Nova included. You said rejoin. Who's still active in this Consortium?
[19:48] <Thierry> I got them sir, go find the others
[19:49] <Savant> The two workers in the commons area glumly head out into the hall and sit against the wall with the others
[19:49] <Detro> ::when he gets the SDGs over, he's relieved to see Birkin and the can there:: +com+ Whew. I wasn't looking forward to another trip into gravity so soon.
[19:49] <Ardelmos> I know two're outside, two were asleep, and two were in there ::points into the commons room:: If the sleeping ones aren't awake, go wake'm. If the other of the two who were in there ::again points inside:: is still in there, I don't want to go in and get'm.
[19:49] <Gabriel> +com+ Private Knight, I still need a sweep of the remaining areas of this station, for personnel, and then for supplies.
[19:49] <Knight> +com+ on it
[19:49] <Gabriel> +com+ Any personnel to be moved into the public areas with the others.
[19:50] <Thierry> ::Searches the prisoners for weapons or anything else interesing::
[19:50] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> Six, and two Liberati clans. Used to be almost twenty. ::grumbles:: two-twelve on CMEX right now.
[19:50] <Gabriel> Two-twelve on CMEX? And who's the biggest left?
[19:51] <Gabriel> ::scans Jeng, attempting to get a sense of his state of mind::
[19:51] <Craig> ::checks over the com link with mem, making sure it's stable::
[19:51] <Detro> ::helps Birkin load the SDGs:: +com+ You think we have enough here to do the job?
[19:52] <Gabriel> +com+ Master Sergeant, help Private Knight finish the sweep.
[19:53] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::huffs:: on the CMEX? Hakkar's top dog right now. Then Aeron, then Mezzaineco., then Gallot. Up here? Hakkar, Gallot, and KSM are the big players. And the CCON, though it's harder for them to compete.
[19:53] <Thierry> ::Satisfied the men are unarmed Thierry looks down at them:: Sorry for all this. I've asked the Prophet to see to it you make it through this ok.
[19:54] <Gabriel> Who's the biggest left in the Cornellion Consortium?
[19:54] <Savant> The techs against the wall look across at one another, not sure who this Prophet is.
[19:54] <Craig> ::turns to tynes and nods before leaving to assist knight in the search::
[19:54] <Ardelmos> +com+ Captain, three of the four security officers on the station have not presented themselves and turned in their arms. Requesting permission to locate and terminate.
[19:55] <Thierry> +Com+ Do you really have to kill them?
[19:55] <Ardelmos> +com+ Whipsnake One, there are two security officers outside of the station at the moment; please locate and ensure they're not doing anything too...suspicious.
[19:55] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> CSI. Caprice Ships, Interstellar. Youprobably know'em. They built your gateships.
[19:55] <Gabriel> +com+ Don't endanger yourself, Senior Sergeant. We'll be departing shortly.
[19:56] <Ardelmos> ::to himself:: Oh I'm not worried about me....
[19:56] <Savant> Just as Roland is unlocking the safety on his BIL, a pair of red-eyed men in pyjamas come around the corner near Knight, looking sour.
[19:56] <Thierry> ::Looks at the prisoners:: We aren't as bad as the CEF make us out to be. I wish we didn't have to do this but, well, I'm sure you understand
[19:57] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ There isn't any trouble out here, sir. Can't imagine there really is gonna be any - they're flying bathtubs with arms.
[19:57] <Savant> ((edit! whoops))
[19:57] <Savant> Just as Roland is unlocking the safety on his BIL, a pair of red-eyed men in pyjamas come out of a pair of doors near Knight, looking sour.
[19:58] <Knight> +com+ Contact, 2 males, looking unhappy.
[19:58] <Savant> Woman> ::Sullenly to Theirry:: No, we don't.
[19:58] <Knight> +shout+ Hands in the air, do as I say, no sudden movements.
[19:59] <Thierry> That makes two of us then.
[19:59] <Savant> The two men are startled and do as they say. Each is carrying a holstered pistol in their hands.
[19:59] <Gabriel> +com+ Remain polite, Private Knight. Ask them to surrender any weapons they are carrying, then rejoin the others.
[20:00] <Craig> ::moves over to the door at the end of the hallway and looks it over::
[20:00] <Thierry> Protecting our home is one thing, attacking the lifeline of someone elses...well, I do as I'm told.
[20:00] <Knight> +vocal+Drop your sidearms, slowly.
[20:00] <Savant> Woman> ::Snorts:: You're doing it and you don't even know why? Are you all sheep on Terra Nova?
[20:00] <Ardelmos> ::glances left, then right:: The security officer who was in the commons with you; where is he?
[20:01] <Savant> Man> ::answers to Roland:: There wasn't any corpsec in here with us.
[20:01] <Gabriel> Sollers provides a major refueling point for the keffs, and is being well-rewarded for their service. Is it the same with Gallot? They've got the other major refueling point we've seen recently.
[20:01] <Knight> ::gestures with the rifle::
[20:02] <Ardelmos> S'not what Stilly said.
[20:02] <Ardelmos> What's his name and disposition?
[20:02] <Thierry> I knew once, I don't anymore. You support those who attacked my home, that's enough for some, that's not enough for me
[20:02] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::Shrugs:: Yes. How can we say no? They'll just take it from us anyways. At least they pay us a little for the fuel.
[20:03] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Who's resisting? Or appearing to cooperate while pursuing a free Caprice?
[20:03] <Detro> ::feels completely ridiculous over what's happened... completely unexpected. He'd exercised just as much as the others, done everything he'd been told to do while in zero g... and then to be flattened....::
[20:03] <Savant> Man> ::Looking more visibly worried:: No, seriously. Marco and Devri ran out the door to the south, but they aren't corpsec. That was all of us.
[20:03] <Savant> Woman> ::frowns at Thierry:: Drop some balls, sandman. If this isn't your deal, shake hands and go.
[20:05] <Ardelmos> Who's the mouthy one's partner, then? Two were in bed and two were outside. She was with you.
[20:05] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> Who knows? That's not something that's talked about. I wouldn't be surprised if half the corps are resisting in their own way. Or maybe they're all trying to frame one another into looking that way. You'd have to be in the board rooms to know that.
[20:05] <Craig> ::works on the lock's circuitry for a moment and nods when he hears a beep and the door pops open::
[20:05] <Thierry> Its not that simple. They attacked your home too and you just roll over and support them?
[20:07] <Savant> Man> ::extremely worried now:: I don't know! That's all of us that were in here - check the cameras!
[20:07] <Knight> +com+ Roland, two coming you way, entering the commons.
[20:07] <Knight> +vocal+ you two, move in the commons with the others. ::point way with weapon::
[20:07] <Savant> Woman> You terranovans aren't familair with the term "political marriage" are you?
[20:07] <Ardelmos> +com+ Acknowledged.
[20:08] <Savant> The two men glumly comply with Knight. The "south" door of the commons opens and in comes the two disarmed security guards.
[20:08] <Craig> ::moves into the next room, looks like a storage bay::
[20:09] <Ardelmos> +com+ Knight, check the rest of the dorms quickly, then the gym, then double back to the storage area. There's still one security guy floating around by my count. Unless Stills forgot to mention that the guy dead on the floor on his feet was the other one.
[20:09] <Savant> Craig finds the storage area to be fairly boring. Rows of crates strapped to the floor. Some are labeled as food, others as supplies, others yet as volatiles. It's well lit and clean and fairly plain
[20:09] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Likely true. You've been very helpful, Mr. Jeng. Again, you have my apologies and as I said, we will do our best to see to it that you and your people are not harmed.
[20:09] <Thierry> Quite the contrary actually. Happens all the time on Terra Nova. But we united in the face of invasion. We have people from 6 of the Terra Novan Confederations and couple of the badlands city states on this team.
[20:10] <Detro> ::Works with Birkin, helping where he can::
[20:10] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ hey... Sir, I'm getting a boradcast from the station. Distress call.
[20:10] <Gabriel> +com+ Engage ECM, Corporal. Damp it down until we leave.
[20:10] <Gabriel> ::turns to Jeng:: Please rejoin your people. You can restaff this control room after we are gone.
[20:11] <Gabriel> +com+ Senior Sergeant, Mr. Jeng will be rejoining you shortly. All personnel, prepare for evac. Whipsnake Two, prepare for pick-up.
[20:11] <Savant> Woman> Yeah, well, good for you. Must be nice to live on a planet where more than a single trench is habitable.
[20:11] <Ardelmos> ::mutters as the distress call starts going out:: I know I should've gone looking for the bastard.
[20:12] <Savant> Mem> +com+ I'm on it, Sir.
[20:12] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::Sighs and stands up, saying nothing as he goes to the commons with the others.::
[20:14] <Gabriel> +com+ Dekarch Childs, I'd like a seeker programmed to attack a CEF rescue force 15 minutes after its arrival. Until then, it is to remain passive and near the populated portion of the station, masquerading as debris.
[20:14] <Thierry> Aye, it is. Like it or not we are all human and there's at least one Terra Novan that would prefer a peaceful solution
[20:15] <Gabriel> +com+ Sous-Sergeant Birkin, Corporal Takira, prepare to set timers on the SDGs. I'd like them to go off at such a time that the populated portion of the station will be flung either out of the belt, or into a lightly concentrated area of the belt.
[20:15] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::sniffs:: That doesn't mean pig shit 'less you're actually willing to *do* something about it, sandman. If you want peace, fight for it. You novans *do* know how to fight, don't you?
[20:16] <Craig> +com+ captain, i'm in their storage bay, there's are hefty supplies of food, water and oxygen tanks, requesting an extra hand moving some for our stores
[20:17] <Thierry> Whad do you think we're doing all the way out here, sightseeing?
[20:17] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> Woman Sure as shit doesn't look like you're tryin' to be *peaceful*.
[20:18] <Savant> ((bah. Keep on hitting the wrong NPC. Side by side.))
[20:18] <Ardelmos> ::has had just about enough of Thierry and the woman's banter:: I can shoot you in the face if you'd rather.
[20:18] <Gabriel> +com+ Very good, Master Sergeant. Take what you can and get it into the elevator. Private Knight, please assist. Everyone else, secure the prisoners in the common area. We're leaving.
[20:18] <Thierry> ::Glares at Roland:: Do you have to kill everyone, even the innocent?
[20:18] <Savant> Woman> ::lifts up her head proudly, daring him::
[20:19] <Ardelmos> ::looks over at Thierry:: Hrm? Innocent? Were you paying attention at all during the briefing?
[20:19] <Ardelmos> Hell, were you even listening to Tynes when we first stepped foot on this station? 'Traitor to his planet' and all that?
[20:19] <Thierry> What did she do? Why should she die?
[20:20] <Gabriel> ::exits the control room to have a look at this storage room for himself::
[20:20] <Savant> The power dims on the station, and the lights start to go out. emergency lighting flickers to life, casting the place in a cool blue.
[20:21] <Gabriel> +com+ Senior Sergeant, your last corpsec is making me very tired. Let's be off before he thinks of more trouble to cause, shall we?
[20:21] <Knight> ::flicks on his thermal site::
[20:21] <Detro> ::looks up:...the hell?
[20:21] <Ardelmos> +com+ Thank you, Captain. ::switches channels:: +com+ Whipsnake One, there's an isolated corpsec somewhere on this pod -- find me the isolated bodies, please.
[20:21] <Knight> +com+ That us or them?
[20:22] <Savant> Mem> +com+ Someone's screwing with the power systems in there. They've cut power to the elevator, too.
[20:22] <Savant> Mem> +com+ on it.
[20:23] <Thierry> Merde!
[20:23] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Lieutenant. I'd prefer not to blast a wall if I don't have to. ::closes comm:: Let's move, Master Sergeant. ::grabs a couple of gross of ration packs, just for sheer curiosity value::
[20:23] <Gabriel> ::moves out down the hall back toward the main door, stuffing them into his pack::
[20:23] <Savant> Knight can't see much heat out there. There are a few people in the last few bedrooms - they're barracks style bunks - which he gestures into the commons after looking them over.
[20:24] <Gabriel> ::changes his mind mid-stream, spotting a door on the far side of the room:: +com+ On second thought, stay with me, Master Sergeant. ::switches back to his BIL::
[20:24] <Craig> ::nods to tynes and grabs some food as well and heads back into the hall::
[20:24] <Gabriel> ::drops his pack near the door and looks at it, then tries to open it::
[20:25] <Craig> ::stops behind tynes:: what'd you have in mind sir?
[20:25] <Gabriel> ::brings up his BIL, points to the door, and makes an "open this" gesture::
[20:25] <Thierry> ::Looks to Jeng:: Would you like to avoid having your man killed by asking him to stand down or do we have to kill another?
[20:25] <Detro> ::looks at Birkin, shrugs:: Hope they can have this problem taken care of soon.
[20:26] <Craig> ::nods and pulls the panel off the controls::
[20:26] <Ardelmos> ::wonders who this 'we' Thierry is referring to is::
[20:26] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> ::looks at the woman, then at Thierry:: Couldn't stop her if I wanted.
[20:27] <Thierry> What do you mean?
[20:27] <Gabriel> ::sweeps the room with his eyes::
[20:27] <Gabriel> << ...as the door opens:: >>
[20:27] <Craig> ::again hears a satisfying beep then nods to the captain::
[20:27] <Savant> ((whoops! replace she with he. I thought you were talking about the mouthy woman still ^_-))
[20:28] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> HE made a decision, he's going with it. He's not going to listen to me anymore.
[20:28] <Thierry> Who is it? He armed?
[20:28] <Savant> The door opens to the dark and twisty confines of a power generator and computer netowkr room. There's a full-on fusion plant in here. Only the dull blue of the emergency lights, and the dull blue of a few computer terminals, light the place.
[20:29] <Craig> ::pulls out his pistol, little good it'd do with non-lethal loaded but could still be of help distracting the target::
[20:29] <Gabriel> ::enters the room, checking his blind spot first, then leading with his BIL::
[20:30] <Savant> Site Manager Stills Jeng> Borslav. Yeah, he's probably armed. He sighs and wipes his forehead with the back of a hand::
[20:30] <Thierry> +Com+ Cap, the straggler is probably packing according to Jeng. Be careful
[20:30] <Savant> Both of them hear someone pressing up against the bulk of the fusion reactor set in the middle of the room.
[20:31] <Craig> ::enters the doorway and looks to the opposite of tynes::
[20:31] <Gabriel> ::points Craig down the obvious attack route while he himself moves to flank, trying to stay quiet::
[20:32] <Detro> ::waits patiently::
[20:34] <Gabriel> ::pulls a sleep gas grenade from his webbing belt with his trigger hand, then lobs it over the fusion reactor::
[20:35] <Savant> The grenade sails over the thick tube of the reactor, and a plume of white smoke billows out. They can both hear coughing,a nd a moment later there's the sound of a pair of knees hitting the metal floor.
[20:36] <Gabriel> +com+ Master Sergeant, I'll check him. You get the power back on and that distress call turned off.
[20:36] <Craig> ::nods and moves over to a console by the reactor::
[20:37] <Gabriel> ::switches his helmet to thermal, then moves up to check where the man went down, BIL at the ready::
[20:37] <Savant> The man is still coughing, but doesn't appear to be conscious - he's curled up in a ball with his gun beside him on the floor. So much for heroics.
[20:37] <Gabriel> +com+ Target neutralized. We're working to get power back on.
[20:38] <Gabriel> ::kicks the gun away, sorely tempted to shoot him::
[20:38] <Craig> ::looks at the controls a moment to get an idea of what everything does then starts pushing some::
[20:39] <Detro> ::sighs as power is restored::
[20:39] <Savant> The lights come back on and the reassuring hum of the primary air system reactivates. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief in the commons.
[20:39] <Gabriel> ::glances over to Craig:: +com+ Let's move out. All Talons, let's evac.
[20:39] <Craig> ::manages to silence the distress call in the process before nodding to tynes and heading back::
[20:40] <Gabriel> ::falls back to the door, still keeping the man covered, then crosses the storage room back to the main hall::
[20:40] <Ardelmos> ::grunts and backs out of the doorwell into the commons room and into the doorwell of the office behind him; giving room for the rest of the talons to run down the hall past him first::
[20:41] <Savant> The talons all make their retreat to the elevator in an organized hurry.
[20:41] <Savant> Woman> ::makes a kissy-face at Thierry as the Talons leave the common room::
[20:42] <Gabriel> +com+ Aggie, we're probably going to need your navigation expertise to time the explosion properly. Once the station is separated and the seeker is in place, I'd like to destroy the volatile storage tanks with particle and laser fire.
[20:42] <Thierry> ::Follows along, glaring at the woman as they leave::
[20:43] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Yeah, I've been plotting the best way to slingshot them into a nice orbit. I'm ready whenever you want, Deacon.
[20:43] <Ardelmos> ::holds up alongside the the elevator and covers the group as they board it before swinging in himself and hitting the transfer controls::
[20:43] <Gabriel> +com+ Very well. ::waits for everyone to get aboard, then nods at Roland to cycle the elevator::
[20:44] <Craig> ::hops into the elevator just as the doors start closing::
[20:44] <Gabriel> ::safes his weapon and stows it::
[20:44] <Savant> Everyone gets intot he elevator, and they're pushed downwards as the elevator ascends, faster and faster. Then, mid-trip, they get lighter, and gravity releases its pull upon them.
[20:45] <Ardelmos> ::re-holsters his pistols and dusts his hands::
[20:46] <Savant> Before too long, Detro sees the elevator slide back into its socket int he hub station, and the doors open
[20:46] <Detro> ::has the tazer levelled at the door, but relaxes as he sees its the team::
[20:46] <Craig> ::feels himself lift off the floor of the can:: that was fun while it lasted
[20:47] <Gabriel> ::pushes off back toward the transfer Whipsnake:: +com+ Everyone stay together. Corporal Detro, receive final timing from Pathfinder and set the warhead timers.
[20:47] <Detro> ::nods:: +com+ Pathfinder, got the timing information for me?
[20:48] <Gabriel> +com+ Private Knight, use one of your satchel charges to disable the airlock, please.
[20:48] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Transmitting.
[20:48] <Knight> +com+ on it
[20:48] <Knight> +com+ On it
[20:48] <Thierry> ::Stays with the team silent::
[20:49] <Detro> ::works with Birkin, letting him set the timer while he relays the info::
[20:49] <Gabriel> +com+ Sous-Sergent Birkin, are you confident of SDG placement? Obviously, the cleaner the separation, the better.
[20:49] <Ardelmos> ::follows behind Tynes, pushing off cleanly back towards the whipsnake; keeping an eye out for the external corpsec officers in case they try any funny business:: +com+ Heh, hey Captain? What about those poor guys floating out there by the pod?
[20:49] <Savant> Birkin> +com+ ::After a moment of deliberation:: Looks good to me.
[20:49] <Gabriel> +com+ I suspect they'll have their hands more than full trying to stabilize the station's spin once it's broken away.
[20:50] <Gabriel> +com+ Unfortunately, gravity aboard is about to become the station's enemy rather than its ally.
[20:50] <Detro> +com+ Yes. Sir, warheads are a go.
[20:51] <Gabriel> +com+ Let's move out, then. ::pushes away from the station:: +com+ Whipsnake Two, Talon 05 ready for retrieval.
[20:52] <Savant> The whipsnake flaots just outside of the airlock, its maw opening to accept its strange cargo.
[20:52] <Detro> +com+ Let's blow this joint.
[20:52] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[20:53] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[20:53] <Knight> ::attn:
[20:53] <Detro> ::attn::
[20:53] <Thierry> ::ATTN::
[20:53] <Savant> sorta choppy there. Apologies. But i think it went okay. Were you expecting more of a fight?
[20:53] <Detro> Detro was.
[20:53] <Detro> ::shakes fist at bot::
[20:53] <Gabriel> Nope, that was about right. Maybe a hair more resistance around the control room, but hey, a win's a win.
[20:54] * Savant grins
[20:54] <Savant> it's an oil rig. The security is there to make sure that drunken benders don't get violent or cause property damage. THat's about it ^_-
[20:54] <Gabriel> Anyway, does the separation come off cleanly? The destruction of the volatile tanks? The placement of a seeker programmed to hit a CEF rescue force 15 minutes after it arrives and to act like debris until that happens?
[20:55] <Gabriel> Need input. Wink
[20:55] <Ardelmos> Stuff 'splodes properly. Wink
[20:56] <Savant> everything goes just as planned. You shoot the capsule into a nice slow-decay orbit, the volatile tanks are destroyed (biggest conventional explosions any of you have ever seen so far), and the seeker has fun with an urchin frigate for a few minutes before going pop ^_-
[20:56] <Gabriel> ::grins:: The CEF need boarding pods or something. This "frigate + shuttle and that's it" stuff ain't any fun. Wink
[20:56] <Savant> don't worry. the tarantulas are coming.
[20:56] <Detro> ::coughs::Star Trek Armada::
[20:57] <Gabriel> Down to two seekers. Gotta think of something fun to do with them before we leave space behind for a while.
[20:57] <Savant> anyways, any questions? next week will be a rolepalying session. I invite everyone to consider what they're going to be doing over the next week as you plot a new target.
[20:57] <Thierry> Yeah, but Iwo Jima's look funny
[20:57] <Ardelmos> We still need to find a suitable relatavistic nuke carrier. Wink
[20:57] <Savant> there's an urchin poking its nose into that station.
[20:58] <Gabriel> ::nods:: My plan for that is slowly coming together. I definitely still want an Urchin, but we'll need help.
[20:58] <Thierry> Or start working on a new character if his is going to be executed Razz
[20:58] <Savant> if you're interested in taking that over
[20:58] <Gabriel> Nah, we need an Urchin at least somewhat off its guard, and a lot closer to Marathon.
[20:58] <Savant> Marathon?
[20:58] <Savant> that's a city on Terra Nova ^_-
[20:58] <Gabriel> Monolith, rather.
[20:58] <Savant> aha
[20:58] <Savant> Okay. Let's give out some XP. Would anyone like some XP?
[20:58] <Gabriel> I doubt we can fly it this far by ourselves.
[20:59] <Craig> i love me som XP
[20:59] <Knight> I'll take 12 to go
[20:59] <Thierry> uh huh Smile
[20:59] <Ardelmos> Heh
[20:59] <Savant> one for showing, two for doing a good job. Give me some examples of good teamwork.
[20:59] <Gabriel> Actually, three seekers. One in the vehicle bay.
[21:00] <Gabriel> Roland and Knight make a very good team, I'm finding.
[21:00] <Savant> i agree
[21:00] <Ardelmos> Need two more and we can call ourselves the four horsemen.
[21:00] <Detro> ::mutter::
[21:00] <Savant> you need to get Jake a new job, and then Birkin can join you.
[21:00] <Thierry> Roland counts as two in that department Smile
[21:00] <Gabriel> We've also learned our lessons from the last hallway fight, in terms of holding chokepoints and keeping a supply line open.
[21:00] <Savant> and you need to switch out Dennis's dice, and then Detro can join you
[21:00] <Craig> tynes and craig seem to work together often
[21:01] <Savant> you certainly have. Good job on keeping your lines secure.
[21:01] <Knight> All I do is pick up Roland's brass.... and pick up Detro in gravity.
[21:01] <Gabriel> People also did a pretty good job of keeping their head around what needed to be done.
[21:01] <Savant> let's call that three in total. I agree with all that. Now, tell me some objectives that you achieved tonight.
[21:01] <Detro> ...
[21:01] <Ardelmos> Roland managed to shoot only one person.
[21:02] <Detro> Does "taking a fumble for the team" count?
[21:02] <Craig> captured more intel
[21:02] * Savant grins
[21:02] <Savant> what intel did you capture?
[21:02] <Gabriel> Smashed a major CEF refueling dump. Sent a big-ass message to Sollers. Learned some more about Caprician corporate politics (and hopefully, there's more in the computer).
[21:02] <Savant> there's lots more in that computer
[21:02] <Savant> mostly about Sollers, but there's more.
[21:02] <Thierry> And found out there's at least one person in Sollers that doesn't like the current management
[21:02] <Gabriel> And, with any luck, pulled even more CEF forces out of their rhythm, and
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[18:00] <Thierry> ::ATTN::
[18:00] <Knight> :;attn::
[18:00] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:00] * Ardelmos has joined #bt05
[18:01] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[18:01] <Savant> hello! and good evenings to you all. Welcome to another exciting session of the Black Talons.
[18:01] <Craig> ::attn:
[18:01] * Savant sets mode: +o Ardelmos
[18:01] <Savant> I imagine that this will be a nice cozy game, since there aren't as many people here. Good! More interaction between everyone.
[18:02] <Savant> This will be a roleplaying session, but as usual, there's lots of opportunity to find things out that are mission related. Do you want to know more?
[18:02] <Savant> Here's a briefing.
[18:02] <Savant> Goliath
[18:02] <Savant> 19 Autumn TN, 2500h - late afternoon
[18:02] <Savant> Near the remains of Sollers Refinery Station 13
[18:02] <Savant> -273 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[18:02] <Savant> The Sollers refinery station has been dealt with - the habitation pod is now hurtling into a decaying solar orbit, which will require several CEF ships to save. The refinery drums and storage tanks have been rendered inoperable as well in one of the most dramatic conventional explosions that any of you have ever seen. All of this without any CEF intervention.
[18:02] <Savant> Still, trouble looms. Pathfinder is back in the black, a few hours out from the Sollers refinery, and there is now ample time (and ample lack of acceleration from the shuttle) to go through a debrief and planning session. The equipment could use an inspection as well, and Macedon reports that the al Bansen stronghold is still being investigated by the CEF.
[18:02] <Savant> Trouble looms ahead as well. The Talons plan to raid yet another station, a bigger one - to really get the CEF on its heels and to force it onto the defensive. A soldiers' work is never done.
[18:02] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:02] <Ardelmos> ackety ack ack
[18:02] <Thierry> ACK
[18:02] <Gabriel> ack
[18:02] <Ardelmos> ::raises::
[18:03] <Knight> ::ack::
[18:03] <Savant> Roland.
[18:03] <Ardelmos> It's "Would you like to know more?"
[18:03] <Savant> damn. Yeah, right.
[18:03] * Farrell has joined #BT05
[18:03] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Farrell
[18:03] * Farrell is now known as Detro
[18:03] <Detro> ::Attn::
[18:03] <Craig> ack
[18:04] <Savant> i'm ready for other questions.
[18:04] <Detro> ack
[18:04] <Gabriel> None here.
[18:04] <Thierry> Lets do it Razz
[18:05] <Savant> we'll say that you've been zee-gee for fifteen minutes or so, now. No more burning for awhile.
[18:05] <Savant> let's kick this pig.
[18:05] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:06] <Knight> ::grateful for a break from the hated burns....::
[18:06] <Savant> The Fury's been quiet for awhile - the roar of the fusion bottles has dulled to the soft thrumming that they normally maintain on standby. Up in the cockpit the flight crew is still going through the post-flight checklist, but otherwise it's still
[18:06] <Gabriel> ::floats aft from the cockpit, having checked in with Aggie on status::
[18:06] <Craig> ::replaces the non-lethal ammo in his talon pistol with the standard more lethal kind::
[18:06] <Thierry> ::Finishes some entries in his journal as the burn ends::
[18:07] <Ardelmos> ::has somehow managed to fall asleep amongst the various burns and long period of escape from the closing Urchin -- his head bobs aimlessly over his chest and his breath quietly whines nasally::
[18:08] <Thierry> ::Unstraps and heads over to the medical locker to get some pills for Detro::
[18:08] <Detro> ::still feeling a bit out of sorts and horribly embarrassed::
[18:09] <Gabriel> ::catches the couch on mid-deck where Roland is asleep and nudges him awake, then clears his throat to get everyone's attention::
[18:09] <Knight> ::unstraps from couch::
[18:10] <Savant> The screen at the head of the comaprtment displays the course that the habitation pod of the Sollers station is taking on its way intot he system. It's an impressive speed - the angular acceleration of that station was tremendous.They'll be fine, though. It would take months for them to get within range of anything dangerous.
[18:10] <Ardelmos> ::snorts himself awake at the nudge and blinks his eyes heavily a couple of times to adjust -- it obviously hadn't been much of a deep sleep, since not more than five seconds after being nudged his expression had reverted to as cold and calculated as ever::
[18:10] <Craig> ::floats over to a work table and picks up a PDA from one of drawers and starts going over the inventory::
[18:11] <Thierry> ::Dispenses out some calcium supplements and other pills and pushes off towards Detro::
[18:11] <Gabriel> Afternoon, men, ladies. The strike on the Sollers station was a complete success, and we seem to have evaded pursuit for the moment. A major CEF refueling depot in this part of the belt is no more. Well done to all.
[18:12] * Prescot has joined #BT05
[18:12] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
[18:12] <Thierry> ::Nods as gabe spoke::
[18:12] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[18:13] <Detro> ::can't keep his mind on the detective story he's writing::
[18:14] <Gabriel> The CEF have even been good enough to give us an indicator light to tell us when we've really started making an impact on their activities. There's currently a cruiser and two frigates in close orbit of the al-Bansen hold.
[18:14] <Thierry> ::Hands the pills to Detro and whispers:: *Your rations for the day*
[18:14] <Gabriel> We intercepted a message that they intend to stay there for 10 days, until the 29th. If the cruiser moves out, or releases those frigates before then, we'll know we're having a real impact.
[18:14] <Knight> Speaking of which, what will the impact be on them, after the CEFs find out we were there and laid a licking on their greeting party?
[18:15] * Kt has joined #BT05
[18:15] <Detro> ::quietly, as he's tried to be about it all along:: Thanks.
[18:15] <Birkin> Nothing pleasent. But nothing we should worry about now. ::grunts once:: We can only best serve the Liberati by giving the CEF hell, not going back and trying to save them.
[18:16] <Ardelmos> ::glances at Knight as he speaks, then back at Tynes for the answer -- he wasn't terribly concerned about the al-Bansens...yet::
[18:16] <Gabriel> ::nods at Knight's question and Birkin's opinion:: The Liberati are survivors, and the al-Bansens struck me as consumate politicians. If they get into real trouble, they'll squawk for help. In the meantime, we can serve them best by getting the keffs ::gives the word the Highlands pronounciation:: off their back.
[18:16] <Gabriel> That means hitting more refueling points and stations in the area while their other frigates are protecting the ice-ships.
[18:18] <Savant> As Gabriel provided his briefing, on the screen behind him the images shcnaged. More information was added to the star-chart of the near belt area as the Fury took in a sensor ping and the flight crew filtered it and updated the maps. A few CEF patrols came up on the display in their lazy long arcs.
[18:18] <Ardelmos> Any particular reason we just don't start blasting the hubs of the stations we run into with a bunch of bazooka rounds rather than boardin' them? Did we get any useful intel out of the last one's computers?
[18:19] <Thierry> ::Swallows heavily but says nothing in objection. Its not what he thinks they should be doing, but it was probably the best way of doing things. Rolands comment was harder not to react to
[18:19] <Detro> ::Takes the medicine while listening to the briefing::
[18:19] <Savant> Mem> ::Shrugs:: Still lookin. There's a lot of data to go through.
[18:19] <Birkin> ::smirks:: We dont want everyone to hate us here. Just Earth
[18:19] <Detro> ::looks at Mem:: Need any help?
[18:19] <Gabriel> ::nods:: The inhabitants of those stations are Capricians, by and large. If we have to kill a few in the process of protecting ourselves, that's one thing.
[18:19] <Knight> Ok, the real question is when we getting back to some go 'ole gravity?
[18:19] <Gabriel> But I'm not interested in wholesale slaughter.
[18:19] <Ardelmos> ::shrugs:: End result's the same; pod goes flyin' off into the middle of no-where. Like I said -- we just target the hubs.
[18:20] <Gabriel> Besides, leaving cripples for the CEF to rescue further stretches their resources.
[18:20] <Savant> Mem> Sure. Grab a keyboard and start decrypting.
[18:20] <Thierry> ::Nods to Gabe::
[18:20] <Gabriel> We can't target the hubs that precisely without taking the control centers.
[18:20] <Birkin> ::points at the Captain:: Survivors that are scared and cry for more help from the CEF forces will only further drain their resources away from the big targets.
[18:21] <Birkin> Like oh. Monolith? We can kill lots of people there.
[18:21] <Gabriel> ::smiles slightly:: It's no secret that I want to hit the center of the 8th Fleet's power. Do that, and we push back the invasion of Terra Nova by seasons, maybe even by a cycle or two.
[18:22] <Ardelmos> ::grunts:: I'm just worried that one of these days one of those corpsecs that we politely ask to turn over their weapons instead of puttin' them down will do something a little worse than turning off the damned lights.
[18:22] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::There's a hoot of encouragement from the flight pit up front:: Woo! Monolith!
[18:22] <Thierry> ::Its getting harder for Thierry to stay quiet::
[18:23] <Detro> ::takes up a keyboard and starts working::
[18:23] <Gabriel> ::nods:: It's a danger, I'll grant you. But everyone in here is a professional. I trust you to stay professional. Every survivor we leave in our wake, helpless, without having killed them, is one more person that will have a story to tell about us.
[18:24] <Gabriel> I don't want those stories to be of indiscriminate killing or of reckless endangerment of civilian lives.
[18:24] <Craig> ::has to shift a few crates around but manages to get all the supplies in order and and makes note of what is getting low::
[18:24] <Birkin> Yeah. You could have a mythos surround you. The old man who looked like he could have killed everyone on the station if they looked at him funny, but didn't...
[18:24] <Thierry> Agreed sir. ::Thierry was glad to hear there was someone sane in the room::
[18:24] <Ardelmos> ::smirks slightly -- killing the guys with the guns wasn't exactly 'indiscriminate'::
[18:24] <Birkin> You could become famous!
[18:25] <Gabriel> ::smiles slightly again:: That's it. Again, nice work, people. Questions?
[18:26] <Detro> ::has to take it a bit slow... it's not something he's used to doing, this sort of computer work::
[18:27] <Thierry> No sir
[18:27] <Savant> On the map comes up a few other fixtures - ice mining ships, refineries. The scan broadens as more information comes back - the speed of light is a slow thing, out there. But soon the map is populated. It's crowded out here!
[18:27] * LrdVampyre has joined #bt05
[18:27] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:27] <Gabriel> No, doctor? I understand you had a bit of a diplomatic problem on the station.
[18:28] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:28] <Ardelmos> ::coughs, hiding a smirk beneath his hand as he does so::
[18:28] <Thierry> Was just trying to show the locals we aren't all like Roland sir
[18:28] <Birkin> Problems? ::grins at Thierry:: Did the doctor have to write himself a prescription?
[18:29] <Melissa> ::glances at Roland, frowning::
[18:29] <Gabriel> ::glances at Birkin, but keeps his gaze on Thierry:: Not in so many words. In fact, he seems to have convinced some of the locals that some of us are mindlessly following orders we don't understand.
[18:30] <Melissa> Sir? I do have a question
[18:30] <Detro> ::looks at the goings on... inwardly this is the worst time for this group to be going on a witch hunt, but joining in will just make things worse::
[18:30] <Gabriel> If you have questions, doctor, you should ask them. If you don't understand the mission, besmirching the reputation of the Talons is a minor problem. NExt time, your lack of understanding could get someone killed.
[18:30] <Melissa> Actually...I have several questions....
[18:30] <Thierry> Then do I have permission to speak freely sir?
[18:30] <Ardelmos> ::arches an eyebrow::
[18:30] <Knight> ::this never ends good::
[18:31] <Birkin> ::raises an eyebrow:: I didn't know we had a Traitor in our midst. Or is he more of a Dunce.
[18:31] <Gabriel> Of course, doctor, as long as it remains respectful. ::nods an acknowledgement at Melissa, but holds up a hand, indicating she should wait a moment::
[18:32] <Melissa> ::glances at Birkin, eyebrow raised slightly:: Assumptions?
[18:32] <Craig> ::floats back into the middeck::
[18:33] <Birkin> What are you assuming then? Apparently the Doc here was spouting off telling the locals that we just mindlessly follow orders without reason. To me that smacks of either disloyalty or stupidty.
[18:33] <Thierry> First off, I want it to be clear my loyalties always have been, are, and will be to Terra Nova and the protection of her citizens. However, I honestly don't see how attacking caprcians who had nothing to do with the war against Terra Nova furthers our cause. In fact, in my opinion it only helps the CEF's propaganda efforts
[18:33] <Melissa> I do not make assumptions, or try not to.
[18:33] <Gabriel> ::glances over at Birkin:: Let's keep it respectful, Sergent.
[18:34] <Birkin> ::glances at the Captain and grunts, shutting up but giving the Doctor a good stare::
[18:34] <Detro> ::sighs, goes back to typing... though he keeps an ear out for any further orders::
[18:34] <Gabriel> ::turns back to Thierry and nods:: It's a fair question. And as far as I'm concerned, a Caprician corporate facility whose major purpose is resupply of CEF ships of war and their troops is a valid military target.
[18:35] <Craig> ::hears the conversation and wonders if he should just head back to the vehicle bay and shuffle crates some more::
[18:35] <Gabriel> That station isn't out here to feed the public, or perform manufacturing. That station was out here to provide volatiles to the fuel compartments of CEF warships and weapons. Logistics has always been and apparently will always be the CEF weakness.
[18:36] <Thierry> Yet its other major purpose is or rather was supplying a vital supply to civilians on Caprice. Wouldn't the humanitarian concerns outweigh that?
[18:37] <Detro> Ah, I have access.
[18:37] <Detro> ::pours over financial records::
[18:38] <Gabriel> Even if that were true, as a matter of fact, no. Destroying military targets staffed and run by civilians is a horrible, and yet perfectly valid tactic of war. Surely, you haven't forgotten what happened to Lyonesse.
[18:38] <Ardelmos> It was doin' what now?
[18:38] <Knight> I'd always prefer a stand-up fight with some GRELs myself, but I can see how the Caps are a vital asset to the CEF war machine. If we can keep the colaterial damage minimized we are being as humanitarian as anyone can be in war.
[18:39] <Thierry> No, but I also haven't forgotten what happened to Rhangaurd. I can still hear the screams of those people
[18:39] <Detro> ::to Mem:: Sales figures. The CEF's paying for the fuel, not just taking it... looks like... ::Scrolls:: 35% of the station's income. Huh.
[18:39] <Gabriel> Ah, so the truth comes out.
[18:39] <Gabriel> ::turns to Melissa:: And you, Dekarch? Do you share the doctor's concerns? For the same reason?
[18:40] <Ardelmos> ::brings a palm to his face and starts rubbing his forehead::
[18:40] <Melissa> Umm...Not for the same reasons and I think my concerns are a little different
[18:41] <Detro> ::tries to follow the money trail for other supplies:: Damn. I've got a possible lead here on fuel and water going to Paladin Lots... but I can't get into that part of the data yet. ::looks up at Mem:: Any luck on your end?
[18:41] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::is visible craning his head to look through the portal between the command deck and the living deck, watching the discussion at hand. He is frowning::
[18:41] <Savant> Mem> Huh? ::looks up at Detro:: oh. Not yet.
[18:41] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Then speak your mind. We've had an easy time of it so far, but it's going to get a lot tougher, and I can't have people doubting our every move.
[18:42] <Gabriel> A moment's doubt or weakness or misunderstanding of our objectives could very easily get someone killed in the weeks ahead.
[18:42] <Melissa> My first question is: why are we attacking the corporations? These are the source of power in Caprice, not the Liberati. Don't get me wrong, but the Liberati cannot help us against the CEF in the long run. We need the Corporates on our side
[18:42] <Gabriel> ::nods and points at Melissa:: Listen closely, doctor. This is how to gripe. Go on, Dekarch.
[18:44] <Melissa> The Corporates are the powerbase. Also, why do you think they are helping Earth? Is it because they want to? Some perhaps, but look at the big picture. These people are businesspeople, they need to survive. Capitulate a little here and there with the foreign invaders while looking for a better opportunity is what I think they would likely be doing
[18:44] <Melissa> I know that is how some feel back at home...in other matters, but that is not here nor there
[18:45] <Gabriel> An excellent analysis, Dekarch. And the willing collaborators? How do they fit in your thesis?
[18:45] <Knight> Unless they are slaves, they're willing to some degree or another.
[18:46] <Melissa> Easy...survival as well as to coverup anything the Corporates might be doing in the shadows. Show Earth that you want to work and get along meanwhile funnel what you can into resistances and such
[18:46] <Detro> ::frowns:: Darn. Looks like that data's not here in the dump...
[18:47] <Thierry> ::Looks as if he'd like to add something, mainly because he's had these thoughts himself::
[18:47] <Craig> ::looks between melissa, gabriel and theirry, then decides to float over to the foredeck this time::
[18:47] <Gabriel> So you believe that even the collaborators are resisting the CEF? That there isn't a single person on Caprice in a position of power who has thrown in their lot with the invaders?
[18:48] <Melissa> Here is the way I see it, as a Humanist...Earth roles in. In order to keep one's way of life, one has to pay homeage to the mighty invading force. So, they deal with Earth. Not because they want to, but because they have no other choice in the matter
[18:48] <Savant> The flight deck is quiet when Craig enters. Seems like everyone is either working or listening on the talk going on in the main compartment.
[18:48] <Gabriel> An interesting opinion, particularly coming from one in the Humanist Alliance? So there is not even a single person in the Alliance who doesn't believe that the Republic's invasion of your league was just?
[18:49] <Gabriel> Every single Humanist... every single one... opposes the Southern Republic?
[18:49] <Melissa> I must refrain from comments on that particular topic, sir.
[18:49] <Birkin> ::smirks, ever so slightly;;
[18:50] <Gabriel> ::chuckles:: Not this time, Dekarch. This is an intellectual exercise. Answer the question. Is there a single Humanist who favors the Republic's presence in your league?
[18:50] <Thierry> I can say when the republic invaded Toledo there were a number that sided with them and at least as many who fled to the north or tried to fight them.
[18:51] <Melissa> The honest truth? No sir, not a one. The Southern Republic does not and cannot lead us to Utopia.
[18:51] <Melissa> Besides, what exactly are we doing in terms of finding collaborators?
[18:51] <Melissa> We attack any corporate installation and we alienate all of them...if we are concerned with finding the collaborators, then let's do that
[18:52] <Gabriel> I assure you, Dekarch, the selection of a Sollers refinery as our target wasn't random.
[18:53] <Thierry> The al-Bansen gentlmen I was speaking to on the station seemed to suggest the Sollers were definately in with the CEF.
[18:53] <Gabriel> Everything I've found leads me to believe that the executives in charge of Sollers have not only sided with the CEF, but are providing them with material assistance and comfort far beyond what can be explained by mere profit. Beyond this, they are profiting at the expense of other corporations that are attempting to resist the CEF.
[18:53] <Knight> Honestly, I'd hate to see this conversation if we had tac nuked that station instead of boarding her...
[18:53] <Melissa> I am not just talking about the base...all of the corporate ships we have attacked?
[18:53] <Detro> ::hitting nothing but missing data, he massages the bridge of his nose::
[18:53] <Melissa> ::glares at Knight:: Killing civilians makes us no better than the CEF
[18:54] <Melissa> I will fight the CEF any way I can, but I will not kill civilians
[18:54] <Ardelmos> ::rather blandly:: Then you will lose.
[18:54] <Gabriel> We're doing our best to target corporations that have sided with the CEF... we've gone out of our way and spent days avoiding Liberati ice-ships and those where we learn the corp might be resisting CEF rule.
[18:55] <Melissa> ::looks directly at Roland:: No, no. I will not be a sociopathic monster.
[18:55] <Knight> The CEFs? When I defended Fort Henry it wasn't CEFs killin' the civilans.
[18:55] <Gabriel> But even then, I must tell you that I consider any corporation directly providing material support to the CEF warships a valid military target.
[18:55] <Melissa> ::to Gabriel:: How do you know they have sided with Earth? What is the the threshold?
[18:56] <Craig> ::leaves the foredeck and spots mem and detro huddled near a console and floats over::
[18:56] <Ardelmos> What Knight said. Civilian casualties are a part of war. Terra Novans have been doing it to each other since the north and south were divided. Humans have been doing it to each other since recorded history.
[18:56] <Melissa> Sir, I disagree with you on that. For one simple fact. These people need to survive and the only way to do that is to capitulate to the CEF. The CEF has the guns, the Capricians don't
[18:56] <Detro> ::looks up at Craig:: Had enough of the ethics argument I take it?
[18:56] <Gabriel> I'm using my best judgment. In point of fact, the Westphalia Cabinet has agreements with exactly zero corporations on Caprice. I would like to change that.
[18:57] <Melissa> ::to Roland:: Yes, but there are better ways, and I would like to think that I am not a psychopath
[18:57] <Gabriel> ::shakes his head:: Some of this corporations are making guns for the CEF. The weapon that killed Corporal Farrel was manufactured on Caprice.
[18:57] <Craig> ::whisper:: been trying to avoid it as much as possible
[18:57] <Ardelmos> Lyonesse was an incredibly important tactical asset. The CEF attacked it without any regard for the civilians there and wreaked massive damage on our ability to wage war. If we are afforded a similar opportunity, and do not take it, we are doomed to failure.
[18:57] <Melissa> Then sir, I strongly recommend you re-evaluate the attacks on the Corporation holdings. We should be gathering intelligence and making informed decisions
[18:57] <Craig> ::looks at the console:: how's it going here?
[18:58] <Melissa> ::looks at Roland:: Do you want the Capricians to help us or not? We are here to fight the CEF, not terrorize a third party into fearing and loathing us
[18:58] <Thierry> I agree Roland, but at the same time we should be trying to actively avoid killing civilians where possible. There was no need to kill that man on the station
[18:58] <Savant> Mem> ::looks up at Craig, grunts, and then looks down at the screen again::
[18:58] <Ardelmos> The guy with the gun? You mean, other than the orders to take down everyone with a gun?
[18:59] <Knight> Maybe its the cycles seeing my countryment die, but the way I see it, we kill because we have too. Once we start killing for killin's sake is when I'll say something myself.
[18:59] <Ardelmos> And like you said, the corporations are businesses. We're going to make it very bad for business to help the CEF, which currently is good for business. The corporations are never going to help Terra Nova if helping the CEF is more profitable.
[18:59] <Thierry> Why couldn't you have used non lethal force? He hadn't drawn his weapon, he wasn't a threat
[18:59] <Craig> ::frowns a bit::need any assistance?
[18:59] <Ardelmos> Because I wasn't ordered to.
[19:00] <Gabriel> ::nods at Roland's statement:: I won't endanger anyone on this team, doctor. Anyone with a visible weapon can draw and fire that weapon in less than a second.
[19:00] <Gabriel> If you don't believe me, have the Senior Sergeant demonstrate sometime.
[19:00] <Melissa> ::turns to Roland:: Station security...and you potentially shot a man who was surrendering to you
[19:00] <Detro> ::Shrugs:: If you're any good with computers, it can't hurt.
[19:00] <Gabriel> I'm sorry, Dekarch, but that order isn't going to change. It is a hard order, and a horrible one, but necessary. If I hadn't given it, there was a chance that man would have drawn, fired, and killed one of us.
[19:01] <Gabriel> I can't allow that.
[19:01] <Ardelmos> And I also potentially shot a man who was about to shoot me. Pardon me for following orders and erring on the side of caution.
[19:01] <Melissa> ::turns to Gabriel:: Basic human instinct is for survival. When outgunned and out matched, a single person will surrender first, unless they are sociopathic and suicidially inclined
[19:01] <Gabriel> Basic GREL instinct -- and, we have to assume until we learn otherwise, basic SLEDGE instinct -- is the opposite.
[19:01] <Thierry> You haven't answered my question. We had non-lethal options
[19:02] <Ardelmos> I have answered your questions, for fucks sake. I was following orders. ::looks over at Tynes:: Doctor over here is suggesting we don't listen to you, Captain, apparently.
[19:02] <Craig> ::nods and takes a closer look at whats currently displayed before trying to get more::
[19:02] <Melissa> I see...so civilian security is to be considered the same as CEF GREL and handled as such. Thank you for making that clear.
[19:02] <Gabriel> Until we learn a recognition method for these second generation GRELs, I have no other choice.
[19:03] <Gabriel> Where I can, I will order the surrender of weapons of armed troops. Five out of six security personnel on that station survived because I will do that when and where I can.
[19:03] <Melissa> Yes you do, sir. Tranquilizers work just fine
[19:03] <Melissa> Very well, sir
[19:03] <Gabriel> We've seen Morganas dodge bullets, Dekarch, much less tranq darts.
[19:04] <Gabriel> ::repeats, firmly:: I will not endanger any member of this team by tying their hands at a critical moment.
[19:04] <Melissa> ::raises her hands and shrugs:: I said I understood sir
[19:04] <Gabriel> Where I feel the safety of the team will not be endangered, I will order non-lethal tactics. You've seen me do so.
[19:05] <Detro> ::still works at the files::
[19:05] <Thierry> ::Closes his eyes and shakes his head::
[19:06] <Melissa> Sir, if you are that worried about our saftey, then let a drone go in first. If they refuse to surrender, then so be it
[19:06] <Knight> But they could have to set defenses, making or entry that much more deadly. Speed and surprise have to be our allies.
[19:06] <Gabriel> Where I can, I will do that to. Had I sent a drone in, however, half the security forces on that station would have been killed or badly wounded.
[19:06] <Gabriel> <<do that, too>>
[19:07] <Gabriel> ::nods at Knight:: Exactly.
[19:07] <Detro> ::sighs, still trying to tune out the background::
[19:07] <Thierry> And if we'd released sleep gas into the station, noone would have been hurt at all
[19:07] <Melissa> No sir...cause I would be in control of the drone. The drone goes in first with a message. Most people tend to listen very carefully when a vehicle sized laser is pointed at them
[19:07] <Knight> It is possible that the one death, prevented others from taking up arms against us.
[19:07] <Gabriel> That would have had little or no effect, with them in control of the station and its ventilation systems.
[19:07] <Birkin> Do we have sleeping gas in such quantities here on the Fury?
[19:07] <Melissa> There is one problem with gassing a station. The ventilation will accomodate for that
[19:08] <Thierry> You don't need much gas and there are ways.
[19:09] <Craig> ::hears a happy beep and the screen changes::this looks interesting, personel records, bank account info, we can even make deposits if we needed to
[19:09] <Melissa> Doctor, as much as I am for non-violent solutions, gas in space does not work. They will have their own personal breathing apparuti in just such an event
[19:09] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::comes floating in from the flight deck, stretching as he floats midair. He looks over everyone with a bit of an amused look in his eyes as his course takes him towards the tiny kitchenette::
[19:09] <Gabriel> ::nods:: While I appreciate the discussion of options, Private Knight is completely correct. In this sort of assault, speed and surprise were our best weapons. One person was killed. That is a terrible tragedy. But he was the only one.
[19:10] <Thierry> But I've said what I need to say. I'll follow orders, I'll do my job, I don't have to like it.
[19:10] <Craig> ::scrolls down a few pages:: more info on the stations crew, profiles and such
[19:10] <Gabriel> ::raises his eyebrows:: That's good enough for a standard military, doctor. Not for the Talons. And particularly not when you express your dislike and lack of understanding to Caprician civilians.
[19:10] <Detro> ::tries another tac::
[19:12] <Thierry> Then I'll keep it to myself like I have been.
[19:12] <Detro> Ah, here. ::follows a link he missed:: Everything you've ever wanted to know about Sollers -and- its parent company.
[19:13] <Detro> KSM's bank information, funds, companies that are part of it...
[19:13] <Ardelmos> ::tilts his head back slightly and looks up and half over his shoulders at the Captain after that comment::
[19:13] <Gabriel> That would be best. Now to the larger issue. In my chosen profession, I have attacked and supported the attacks on Southern industry and manufacturing.
[19:14] <Craig> nice, good job
[19:14] <Detro> Aha, here we go. KSM directly owns a luxury ship. It does a route out to Indra and back, out to Heaven station... and it's for high ranking Caprician and Earth officials -- but NOT CEF.
[19:14] <Gabriel> These companies chose to make their profit by supporting the Southern war machine. I'm sure the Sergent there ::points to Birkin:: has attacked his share of Northern manufcaturing.
[19:14] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::puts a hand to the wall to stop himself and goes about mixing up some fruit juice. He asks mildly:: Anyone want some?
[19:15] <Ardelmos> ::holds up a hand:: Yo.
[19:15] <Gabriel> In time of war, destroying the enemy's ability to make war is a soldier's job... whether by attacking their war-making material, or the rear-echelon targets that support it.
[19:15] <Gabriel> ::looks at Roland:: Senior Sergeant? Something to add?
[19:15] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::raises a hand to acknowledge Roland::
[19:15] <Gabriel> ::glances from Roland to Jeremi:: Ah. Never mind.
[19:15] <Ardelmos> Hrm? Oh...not really ::points at Jeremi::
[19:15] <Detro> ::smiles:: Thinking what I'm thinking Craig?
[19:16] <Craig> ::hmms a bit:: sounds like an opportunity
[19:16] <Thierry> I don't disagree sir.
[19:17] <Detro> ::grins:: Indeed.
[19:17] <Melissa> Sir, I am all for putting it to the CEF, but be careful of what you wish for. The methods we choose to accomplish the goal of hurting the CEF will and can have longer lasting implications
[19:17] <Melissa> Now that I have said my share, I am going to confine myself to the vehicle bay for the next 12 hours.
[19:18] <Craig> ::thinks for a moment:: i wonder if we could capture that ship before it picks up its passengers
[19:18] <Thierry> But I'm a doctor not a terrorist. You can't expect me to like killing those who don't need to die
[19:19] <Knight> Are we terrorist by implication doctor?
[19:19] <Gabriel> ::frowns:: I don't enjoy it any more than you do, doctor. ::holds up a hand toward Knight::
[19:19] <Ardelmos> ::smirks slightly:: Freedom fighters, actually.
[19:19] <Melissa> Symantics ::mutters as she exits to the vehicle bay::
[19:20] <Detro> Before? What, don't we want the passengers?
[19:20] <Thierry> Then don't ask me to like it sir even though some people here ::looks at roland:: seem to
[19:21] <Craig> ::shakes head:: no no, we pose as the crew, pick up the officials, and take em for our own little ride, with captain tynes as the tour guide ::grins::
[19:21] <Ardelmos> Oh for fucks sake will you stop whining, you pussy?
[19:21] <Detro> ::chuckles::
[19:21] <Gabriel> Belay that, Senior Sergeant. I believe that will be all, doctor. Dismissed.
[19:22] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::exhales and casually lobs a plastic can towards Roland, like a lazy grenade:: batter'up.
[19:22] <Thierry> ::Nods:: Actually sir, there was something on an unrelated note if you have a moment
[19:22] <Gabriel> Do I dare ask?
[19:23] <Gabriel> By all means, go ahead.
[19:23] <Ardelmos> ::snaps his head back and follows the can towards him, coming from his rear -- he gauges the trajectory of the can and extends an arm, snatching it out of the air:: Thanks, Corporal.
[19:23] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:23] <Detro> That would work, but I can't see Roland as a cabin steward
[19:24] <Knight> ::feels hungry, floats towards the kitchen::
[19:24] <Thierry> Just thought I should mention that Sergent Takira should avoid any heavy duty in gravity until we've been in a well for a couple weeks. Hes fine now, but will require extensive treatment and will need some time to reacclimate
[19:24] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::mimes a gun with his hand and shoots it at Roland, then turns about to watch the room up against the wall::
[19:25] <Craig> ::chuckles a bit:: still it's something to suggest to the captain
[19:25] <Ardelmos> ::cracks the seal gently on the can and takes a test sip through the valve, then a more hearty one::
[19:25] <Gabriel> Very well, doctor, thank you.
[19:26] <Thierry> ::Nods and floats off towards a vacant terminal to start working up some treatment plans::
[19:27] <Detro> Sure, but given their discussion, you think he'll be interested?
[19:27] <Knight> ::floats past Detero:: Man, never saw you as a desk jockey.
[19:27] <Gabriel> Any further comments? Questions? ::looks around the foredeck::
[19:27] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::raises his hand::
[19:27] <Detro> ::gives Knight a withering glare::
[19:27] <Gabriel> Corporal?
[19:28] <Knight> ::feigns fright of Detro:: Take it easy man, there might be an ice ball nearby, don't want to see you collapse again in its gravity well.
[19:28] <Detro> ::Sighs, and turns towards Tynes::
[19:28] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Just wanted to ask if we were going anywhere really important over the next few days. Aggie's lookin pretty rough. Though, don't tell her I said so.
[19:29] <Craig> ::shrugs::like i said, i'm avoiding that conversation as much as possible
[19:29] <Gabriel> ::nods:: We'll lie low for a few days, see how the rescue of the Sollers module goes, then decide on a second target. Find us a good place to hide and keep watch, Corporal.
[19:30] <Craig> ::to tynes:: speaking of which, i think we may have found one sir
[19:30] <Detro> ::coughs:: Sir?
[19:31] <Ardelmos> ::continues drinking, glancing over his shoulder at Craig and Detro::
[19:31] <Gabriel> Yes, Sous-Sergeant?
[19:31] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::nods:: Right here's fine. They won't spot us in this ice field. The rock and ice is all crushed to rubble, we blend right in.
[19:31] <Craig> ::lets detro take it::
[19:32] <Detro> We've gleaned some interesting data here. KSM has a ship that routes out to Indra and back for higher ups among the Caprician and Earther officials. No Keffs.
[19:32] <Detro> KSM's the parent company of Sollers. Maybe we can make some use of this?
[19:32] <Gabriel> If they aren't part of the CEF, who are the Earthers?
[19:33] <Detro> The Keffs' higher-ups: The NEC.
[19:33] <Ardelmos> ::arches an eyebrow:: Oh re-hee-heallly.
[19:34] <Thierry> ::Swings about in mid sentence:: Interesting
[19:35] <Gabriel> I see. That's quite interesting, and is certainly worth considering. I'd like Exarch Childs to confirm this data, please. Since she has raised the concern of attacking Caprician civilians, it would be best if she investigated whether -- in her opinion -- this is a valid military target.
[19:35] <Gabriel> I would be interested in her opinion. Please see to it, Sous-Sergeant, Master Sergeant.
[19:35] <Detro> ::nods, biting back his opinion::
[19:36] <Gabriel> In the meantime, I suggest everyone relax and enjoy their few days off. There aren't likely to be very many between now and our landing on Caprice.
[19:36] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::from the flight compartment:: Well, *that*'s interesting...
[19:37] <Knight> ::heads to bunk::
[19:37] <Ardelmos> ::looks up as he finishes his can and pushes himself up off of the couch, propelling himself across the foredeck and to the entrance to the flight deck:: 'That' being?
[19:37] <Detro> ::downloads the data to his dataglove and heads off looking for Childs::
[19:37] <Thierry> And everyone, extra gym time for everyone starting today.
[19:38] <Thierry> Especially you two ::glares at Detro and Knight::
[19:38] <Knight> I just want a real rock under my boots.
[19:38] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::glances over his shoulder at Roland, then replies in a more modest tone:: *Veda* *Winthrop* is out here. We sure have stirred up the hornet's nest.
[19:39] <Detro> ::eyerolls at Thierry on his way past. As if he hadn't been using it. Hell, he'd BUILT the infernal machine::
[19:39] <Ardelmos> *Veda* *Winthrop* you say?
[19:40] <Craig> ::kicks off a bit and reaches out to tynes, holding a PDA:: also, i've gone over our inventory, organized our cargo and taken a list of what we should consider restocking when possible
[19:40] <Detro> ::overhears the name on his way out::
[19:40] <Ardelmos> ::doesn't particularly know who Veda Winthrop is, but asks:: How do you know it's her?
[19:41] <Gabriel> ::has a "seat" on his accostumed foredeck couch and starts compiling an after-action report on the Sollers refinery hit::
[19:41] <Melissa> ::sitting on the hull of Bonaparte, with two metal plates and a battery::
[19:41] <Detro> ::catches a handhold and stops his flight:: You're kidding me.
[19:42] <Thierry> ::Ears perk up at the name:: What the hell is she doing out here?
[19:42] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Him. Listen. ::Cory taps his keyboard and replays a transmission, which is coming from the al Bansen stronghold - it's requesting an information packet be forwarded to the Fleet Admiral and his staff.::
[19:43] <Melissa> ::places one plate on the hull and touches a wire to it. There is a soft thud as the plate adheres to the surface of the tank:: Hmm, now to figure out how to lace the treads with these
[19:43] <Thierry> Oh crap...they probably want info on us
[19:44] <Ardelmos> ::frowns:: That has got to be a trap. No way they broadcast something that could give away his location on an open channel when they have no idea how many of us there are, or where we've fled to.
[19:44] <Ardelmos> How did you pick this up? It was a general radio transmission or what?
[19:44] <Thierry> Nor do we know how many of us are left, something else I think we need to look into
[19:44] <Ardelmos> ::floats over to the comm station and seats himself down, pulling up the transmission::
[19:45] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Picked it up from that deil. Was being sent back to Heaven station around Indra, and ten from there back to... wherever I guess. Wherever he is.
[19:45] <Melissa> ::proceeds to pull out some spare treads and laying it out on the vehicle bay floor::
[19:46] <Detro> ::listening:: Oh, that's a trap and a half.
[19:47] <Ardelmos> ::runs the transmission through various pieces of software, highlighting different frequencies of the transmission as well as power levels, encryption data, and a known variety of CEF channels and communications protocol::
[19:48] <Gabriel> ::continues working on the after-action report, highlighting Roland's quick reflexes and Knight's initiative::
[19:48] <Thierry> ::Sighs and turns back to his work::
[19:49] <Ardelmos> ::flags the encrypted transfer points for futher study by Mem -- maybe he could crack it and find out the location, and then leans back slightly:: Mamoud, Cory, how the hell did you pick this up? This thing is legit.
[19:50] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::smiles a wan smile:: It was a tight beam transmission, but I think I got most of it. ::points at a monitor showing the area around the al Bansen stronghold:: Caught a reflection from this asteroid here along the transmission's path.
[19:52] <Detro> A reflection? An accidental one, or intentional?
[19:52] <Ardelmos> For it to be intentional, they'd have to know where we are.
[19:53] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods at Roland:: an accident. The beam was dispersing pretty wide at that point.
[19:54] <Ardelmos> That's still one helluva piece of good luck. ::calls back into the foredeck:: Captain? You might want to take a look at this.
[19:54] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::snorts:: Luck's got nothing to do with it.
[19:55] <Gabriel> Hm? ::unstraps and pushes away from the couch, then does a swimmer's flip to get headed toward the cockpit::
[19:56] <Gabriel> What have you got, Senior Sergeant? ::traces fingertips along the side bulkhead to brake, then catches his weight and brings himself to a stop behind Roland::
[19:56] <Ardelmos> Macedon picked up an information packet coming out of al-Benson, bouncing off an asteroid. Routing information was for Veda Winthrop.
[19:56] <Knight> ::heads to gym::
[19:57] <Gabriel> Fleet Admiral Veda Winthrop? Was it inbound, toward Caprice?
[19:57] <Ardelmos> Around Indra to Heaven station. There's at least one other transfer point before the final destination, but it's encrypted.
[19:57] <Ardelmos> Packet itself is pretty garbled -- I've flagged it for Mem.
[19:58] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Very well. That's interesting, but without the final destination tag, probably not very useful to us. Do we know anything of what was in the message?
[19:59] <Detro> ::chuckles:: If our luck is bad, a requisition for more toilet paper.
[19:59] <Ardelmos> ::shakes his head:: Packet looks more or less like a corrupt mess of data -- could be encryption, or it could be just screwed up from bouncing off the asteroid.
[20:00] <Gabriel> ::eyes widen, smiles:: Bouncing off the asteroid? That's quite an intercept, Sous-Sergent Macedon.
[20:01] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::grins a lopsided grin:: I learned some tricks catching norguard space service transmissions during the interpolar, Sir.
[20:02] <Thierry> ::Takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself as all the other people on the boat seem to be doing something useful while he idlely stares at a screen::
[20:02] <Gabriel> ::nods:: You've just reminded me. The last time BT05 was here, you dropped some sensor pods and comm relays, with solar panels, on some of these asteroids.
[20:02] <Detro> ::grins at Macedon::
[20:02] <Gabriel> It would probably be a good idea to task one of our Whipsnakes to pay these locations a visit during our rest... collect the data, dust off the solar panels, replace parts where needed, that sort of thing.
[20:03] <Detro> Roland, can you transfer that packet to my data glove? I'll give it a shot.
[20:03] <Gabriel> Might be some useful information there, after nearly a cycle deployed out here.
[20:03] <Ardelmos> ::nods and copies the packet into secure storage, then forwards a copy into Detro's glove::
[20:03] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::stirring in her chair, looking groggy and grey as she wakes up:: uhn.. we should be coming by one of those sites soon enough...
[20:04] <Craig> ::to detro::i'll give you a hand with that if you like
[20:04] <Detro> ::opens the data stream and starts poking at raw bits::
[20:04] <Detro> ::offhandedly:: Sure Craig.
[20:04] <Thierry> ::Notices Aggie waking up.:: Ah, you're up. How are the ribs
[20:04] <Gabriel> Thank you, Lieutenant. Have the nav tracking data sent to Whipsnake Two. Corporal Peresalona, feel up to taking our bird over, or would you rather remain here and see to the safety of Pathfinder? I'll take the flying job you don't want.
[20:05] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::grumbles:: broke. I think the painkillers're wearing off. ::then nods at Gabriel and begins tapping on her chair's arm with her good hand::
[20:05] <Craig> ::goes back to the console and patches into the transmission data as well::
[20:06] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::sticks his head into the flight compartment, suddenly giddy:: You want me to fly a *real* bird? Oh man! I'm on it, sir!
[20:06] <Thierry> ::Unstraps and heads over to the locker:: Keep still mam, time for your medication
[20:07] <Melissa> ::rolls up the spare treads, making sure to note her ideas down before moving to one of the drones::
[20:07] <Gabriel> The Whipsnake is yours. Take Sous-Sergeant Takira with you to handle the repairs and the data transfers. An outing would do him good.
[20:08] <Detro> ::Doesn't hear this, working on the data::
[20:09] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Hello... ::leans forward and begins typing at his keyboard again::
[20:10] <Ardelmos> ::turns his head to Macedon, then duplicates his station on the comm terminal to catch what he's catching at the same time::
[20:10] <Melissa> +com+ If Peresalona needs company, I'm more than up to joining him in the black
[20:11] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::hurries into the airlock and drops down into the small fighter's cockpit::
[20:11] <Gabriel> ::reaches over:: +com+ You have a job, Dekarch, or soon will. Going over the data from this KSM ship and giving your opinion whether it's a valid military target.
[20:11] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> They're transmitting again. They haven't noticed the reflection.
[20:12] <Detro> ::still working on the packet data, unaware he's been ordered somewhere::
[20:12] <Ardelmos> ::does what he can to adjust the gain on the communications attenae and get as much of the packet intact as possible::
[20:12] <Thierry> ::Comes back to Aggie with a painkiller injection and some calcium supplements to aid the healing along with his scanner.:: Relax mam and take these.
[20:12] <Melissa> ::off comm:: I'm not an intel officer.... :Surprisedn comm:: +com+ Right-o sir
[20:12] <Thierry> Anything special for me sir?
[20:13] <Gabriel> Get Lieutenant Lemnos and the others into fighting shape, and find out what's bothering Lieutenant Gage.
[20:14] <Thierry> So no then
[20:14] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::After a few minutes, he shouts up through the Fury:: Takira!
[20:14] <Gabriel> Other than your job and relaxing, that's right, doctor.
[20:15] <Detro> ::finally looks up:: Huh?
[20:15] <Gabriel> ::waits to see if Macedon comes up with anything immediately revealing::
[20:15] <Craig> ::elbows detro a bit:: i think you're going out for a bit
[20:15] <Detro> Oh. ::frowns, then shrugs, heading towards Jeremi::
[20:16] <Thierry> ::Nods and preps the painkillers for Aggie:: I assume you still want the strong stuff mam. Looks like its going to be a bit longer for these to heal
[20:16] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::glances at Roland briefly:: Open up the short-wave too. Everything. ::typing:: Ho-ho, it's a follow up to the last packet.
[20:16] <Melissa> ::settles down with the information of the various targets and begins to read, looking for the best target::
[20:17] <Ardelmos> ::nods and flies his fingers over the communications terminal, powering on different receivers and attenuating them in the direction of the asteroid which is providing the ricochet::
[20:17] <Knight> ::slightly exhusted, leaves the gym::
[20:17] <Detro> ::manages to get on the Whipsnake and secured quickly enough::
[20:18] <Melissa> ::pulls up a tac sim and starts putting in numbers and such and begins running said sim while going back to the different targets::
[20:18] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::As soon as Takira's int he airlock, he closes it form inside and begins undocking:: Whee-hee, whipsnake for Jeremi!
[20:19] <Detro> Geez, don't get too excited there hot shot.
[20:19] <Craig> ::runs the data through a couple filters and decryption algorythms::
[20:19] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Looks like this one's just heading back to Heaven station. The CEF patrol command. ::continues typing:: Different encryption protocol. I think we're getting this one clean, Ardelmos.
[20:20] <Detro> ::Strapping in:: So where are we going?
[20:20] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::smirks:: It's no gull, but it'll do. I just wish there was a little air out here, something to push against! ::transmits a request to launch up to the flight deck +com+ Snake two requesting permission to launch.
[20:20] <Ardelmos> ::nods, his eyes scanning through the seemingly random series of numbers and letters -- there were far fewer characters indicative of data corruption this time -- he began running the transmission through the computer in an attempt to find the encryption algorithm::
[20:21] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Some little rock, picking up a box. Or some data from the box, I guess. ::Shrugs as he goes through the preflight::
[20:22] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Nice. ::glances back at the others:: Launch orders. For a number of patrols, looks like.
[20:22] <Gabriel> ::brings up the monitor on the cockpit of the Whipsnake, then drifts into the right-hand seat and taps the comm:: +com+ Whipsnake Two, does your co-pilot have the tools, spare parts, and space suit he'll need to perform his mission? ::chuckles audibly over the comm:: Or in your excitement to fly, did you neglect to tell the Sous-Sergeant his role in this?
[20:22] <Thierry> More hounds to sniff out the foxes I suppose
[20:22] <Ardelmos> ::nods and brings up a system map on the display overlaid on the Fury's forward viewscreen, overlaying the patrols as they're decrypted out of the message::
[20:23] <Detro> ::inwardly wonders how Jeremi made it in the Talons:: +com+ Takira to Tynes. Any specific destination orders for our eager pilot here?
[20:23] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::there's a pause over the radio:: +com+ Aw hell. Sorry, sir. Got wind in my ears.
[20:24] <Detro> ::is glad he was never quite that bad::
[20:24] <Gabriel> +com+ Whipsnake Two, your destination is an asteroid where BT05, about a cycle ago, left portable sensor and comm units, plus data recorders and solar panels. Repair what needs repairing, replace what needs replacing, collect the stored data and bring it back. Preferably without being detected or killed.
[20:25] <Savant> Indra blooms like a crysanthemum a scores of ships blossom out from the CEF waystations there. This has to be a huge portion of the CEF's third fleet. Right?
[20:25] <Savant> (a=as)
[20:26] <Detro> ::looks around where he's in the whipsnake to see if he has a repair kit or tools::
[20:26] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Now, we lose track of where they're going at this point. They've been given previous orders on their specific flight plans, so we only know roughtly where they're going.
[20:26] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> That's what it's looking like. They're using codewords for their flightplans.
[20:27] <Ardelmos> ::fades in and out the patrol routes that BT05 has learned about so far in their observations of CEF ship movements, attempting to extrapolate their probable complete routes::
[20:27] <Gabriel> ::glances at Aggie and grins, shaking his head in the direction of the voice from he Whipsnake's cockpit:: I might have chosen the wrong crew for this mission.
[20:28] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::grins weakly at the Captain:: He's a hell of a pilot. I've never seen anyone fly a Fury like it was a glider, but he can. Just... don't get him to do anything else.
[20:28] <Detro> Hang on Jeremi, gotta grab tools first.
[20:29] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::nods, but rocks back and forth in the seat impatiently::
[20:29] <Detro> ::pops out and snags a decent general repairs kit, along with a few suit patches, adhesives, and electronics::
[20:30] <Detro> ::gets it all in a webbing bag and secures it -- and himself -- in the cockpit::
[20:31] <Ardelmos> ::glances somewhat warily at Aggie, given he had just finished drinking juice which Peresalona had put together::
[20:31] <Gabriel> Thank you, Lieutenant. I'll keep it in mind. ::chuckles and straps himself firmly into Pathfinder's pilot's seat::
[20:32] <Detro> Good to go.
[20:32] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::grins at Roland, though doesn't know why he looks so cautious:: Poor kid. Wanted to give me some painkillers while you guys were in the station, but was too afraid.
[20:32] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> woo hoo! +com+ Snake two to Pathfinder, permission?
[20:33] <Thierry> Yeah, we need to talk about that. Can you spare some time for me to give him a refresher field medic's course. Anyone else is welcome of course
[20:35] <Melissa> +com+ Captain...I believe I have your next target
[20:37] <Detro> And when we leave, don't just suddenly punch the...
[20:37] <Melissa> +com+ There is a research/mining/refining station a little ways from here. A major assest of KSM.
[20:37] <Gabriel> +com+ Permission granted, Whipsnake Two. Don't get dead.
[20:40] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[20:40] <Detro> ::croaks under the gees as Whipsnake Two tears off:: ...gas.
[20:40] <Savant> add that in there. Hee hee
[20:40] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[20:40] <Gabriel> Heh.
[20:40] <Savant> anyways. There you have it. What do you think?
[20:40] <Melissa> ::attn::
[20:41] <Craig> good, very good
[20:41] <Gabriel> Very enjoyable little sim. Not sure much got decided by our two traitors, but fun nonetheless. Wink
[20:41] <Thierry> YEs, quite, Thierry lives Smile
[20:41] <Thierry> Hey!
[20:41] <Melissa> traitor?
[20:41] <Thierry> Thierry is NOT a traitor
[20:41] <Melissa> excuse me
[20:41] <Gabriel> Would you prefer "by our two insubordinate members"? Wink
[20:42] <Thierry> Equally inaccurate
[20:42] <Melissa> i was not insubordinate nor traitorous
[20:42] <Knight> lol
[20:42] <Craig> basically, if you don't agree with gabriel, you're a traitor:)
[20:42] <Detro> ::atnt::
[20:42] * Savant grins
[20:42] * Melissa flips gabriel the bird
[20:42] <Knight> ::att::
[20:43] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[20:43] <Craig> but i'm guessing gabriel at least has some respect for melissa considering:)
[20:43] <Savant> i think it was a fun little game, and a lot got done.
[20:43] * Craig is now known as Scotty
[20:43] <Savant> are there any questions?
[20:43] <Detro> Nope
[20:43] <LrdVampyre> XP?
[20:43] <Gabriel> Nope, none here.
[20:43] <Thierry> Plenty, but I'm too tired to ask them now
[20:43] <Savant> also, next game - another roleplaying session with more intel? I'll allow some more rolls between then and now to give you more info to work with
[20:44] <Detro> Works for me
[20:44] <Scotty> sure, next game could be the planning stage for our next mission
[20:44] <Gabriel> Yeah, seems right. I'd also probably like to hit that other major CEF refueling point in the region, but I can't remember the company or the details.
[20:45] <Gabriel> The notes were the one major casualty of the wiki drop.
[20:45] <Thierry> *Shrugs* I suppose
[20:45] <Scotty> ouch
[20:45] <Savant> you've left those stations behind anyways. You're supposed to be concerned about what's in front of you ^_-
[20:46] <Savant> i'll get you a list
[20:46] <Savant> ould you like some experience?
[20:46] <Savant> would, even
[20:46] <Gabriel> Yes, please. Wink
[20:46] <Thierry> Pwease
[20:46] <LrdVampyre> aye
[20:46] <Savant> i am waiting for the day someone says no ^_-
[20:46] <Scotty> xp for good times:)
[20:46] <Knight> over-rated
[20:46] <Thierry> I did once Smile
[20:46] <Savant> hee
[20:47] <Savant> i'll give out two for you today, just for being here and participating. Give me some examples of teamwork
[20:47] <Ardelmos> Aggie + Roland = Comm intercept0pwn3d
[20:47] <Thierry> Other then people teaming up against the two people with a moral compass?
[20:47] <Savant> that was Macedon
[20:48] <Scotty> craig and detro did some digging through data files
[20:48] <Scotty> an melissa too
[20:48] <Detro> Detro showed he CAN do Mem's job. Kinda
[20:48] <Gabriel> Even the argument served a purpose, teamwork-wise: Gabriel got Thierry and Melissa's concerns out in the open and tried to address them, or at least make sure they understood where he was coming from.
[20:49] <Knight> tag teaming the doc count as team work?
[20:49] * Savant nods
[20:49] <Savant> you might want to re-address that in the future, because it hasn't been solved yet, I think ^_-
[20:49] <Scotty> hehe
[20:49] <Gabriel> Yeah, it'll definitely come up again. Wink
[20:49] <Gabriel> Either that, or Gabriel will just leave the two of them on an asteroid somewhere. Wink
[20:50] <LrdVampyre> i merely suggested...nvm
[20:50] <Scotty> i think tynes was starting to get bored not being able to have these discussions with joanna:)
[20:50] <Savant> i don't think that you'll get the teamwork award on that session ^_-
[20:50] <Thierry> Well its something I'd like to get dealt with soon so Thierry can go back to furthering his career...which is something else I want to discuss IC sometime
[20:50] <Gabriel> ::grins::
[20:50] <Savant> anyways. All valid. Three points. Now, some examples of ways that you furthered the story.
[20:51] <Thierry> We found out half the freaking Third Fleet is now out looking for us Smile
[20:51] <Gabriel> Discovered the KSM ship. Introduced Winthrop. Gabriel spoke of his in-space goal IC for the first time.
[20:51] <Gabriel> Well, IC during the actual game.
[20:52] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> I got to fly a *real* plane!
[20:52] <Ardelmos> We've also got the CEF patrols for the next few...weeks? days? So we can avoid'm
[20:52] <Scotty> got the bank account info of several KSM employees:)
[20:52] <Savant> yes and no, Roland. They'll scatter off of your predicted charts soon enough.
[20:52] <Detro> And got the Big Cheese out here somewhere
[20:52] <Thierry> Identity theft time Very Happy
[20:52] <Savant> you have some bank accounts to suck dry, yeah ^_-
[20:53] <Savant> anything else?
[20:53] <Thierry> Think that about covers it
[20:53] <Gabriel> Learned Macedon is completely bad-ass.
[20:53] <Gabriel> Wink
[20:53] <Savant> four points. No battles - at least not physical battles - so no points there. I'll give you five if you can tell me some way that your character has grown or something new you've learned about your character over the past few games.
[20:53] <Scotty> someone's made the top of gabriel's christmas list:)
[20:54] <Savant> yeah, he is, isn't he? I like him more and more
[20:54] <Knight> no battles but plenty of scars!
[20:54] <Savant> emotional scars ç_ç
[20:54] <Thierry> Well, I've found where Thierry's moral center is and why its there
[20:54] <Scotty> Craig's gonna one day replace Mem in the logistics department:)
[20:55] <Thierry> I will admit its something I've been pondering alot this week
[20:55] <LrdVampyre> hmm...not really sure
[20:55] <Detro> Detro's not interested in discussing the issues of killing civilians and innocent people. He's convinced there's no place for ethics on the battlefield.
[20:55] <Scotty> i think thierry might be reviving the hypocratic oath:)
[20:56] <Gabriel> Gabriel's caring less and less about what the Capricians think about how TN protects itself. Gonna be interesting getting him into Gomorrah. Wink
[20:56] <LrdVampyre> that's going to be an issue
[20:56] <Savant> point to Thierry, Craig, Detro, Gabriel. Anyone else?
[20:56] <Thierry> Oh Thierry follows it in additon to Terra Nova's
[20:56] <LrdVampyre> nothing here
[20:56] <Savant> Roland?
[20:57] <Ardelmos> Roland's starting to wonder at what point Terra Nova is going to have to decide whether or not to nuke Gomorrah deeper into the ground in order to save itself.
[20:57] <Savant> innnteresting.
[20:57] <Knight> I've found I can't handel burns and fleshed out Knight's feelings on war, and what it is we have to do
[20:57] <Savant> awesome, Knight.
[20:58] <Ardelmos> 'cause, really, I still haven't figured out how we're going to stop the CEF invasion. Or at least delay it for anything more than a small amount of time.
[20:58] <Savant> bonus point to Knight, Roland, Gabriel, Detro, Craig, Their
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[20:58] <Savant> bonus point to Knight, Roland, Gabriel, Detro, Craig, Theirry.
[20:58] <Savant> that is something you guys need to figure out, for sure
[20:58] <Savant> might i humbly suggest that terra nova could never survive aginst the entire weight of Earth and Caprice, but there are other colony worlds out there?
[20:59] <Savant> anyways. Well done all. We covered a *lot* of things tonight.
[20:59] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Gabriel's whole goal on Caprice this sortie is to delay the invasion by two or three cycles.
[20:59] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[18:00] <Detro> ::attn::
[18:00] <Tychon> ::attn::
[18:00] <Thierry> ::ATTN:
[18:00] <Knight> ::attn::
[18:00] <Savant> good evening, and welcome to the Black Talons once more ladies and gentlemens! I hope that this evening finds you well. Tonight we will be having another roleplaying session - there's a lot to explore however, and a lot of information you can uncover.
[18:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:01] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:01] <Savant> are there any questions about the arc so far?
[18:01] <Thierry> Nope not really
[18:01] <Tychon> ::cough, raises sheepishly::
[18:01] <Savant> Tychon?
[18:01] <Tychon> Last I knew, we were fleeing from behind an asteroid...
[18:01] * Savant grins
[18:02] <Savant> Does anyone want to fill Tychon in on what you've been doing since then?
[18:02] <Savant> no?
[18:02] <Thierry> Typing Smile
[18:02] <Savant> ah, oaky ^_-
[18:03] <Thierry> Basically, in short, we got half the Third Fleet chasing after us and we're attempting to decrypt a message that was sent from the cruiser at the Al-Bansen hold to a noted CEF fleet admiral
[18:04] <Detro> "noted" == big guy in charge of it all
[18:04] <Detro> And he forgot discovering a nice corporate ship that's used to shuttle Caprician VIPs and Earther (NOT CEF) VIPs around.
[18:04] <Tychon> So we're running and hiding and slicing and interrogating?
[18:04] <Savant> before then, BT05 attacked and disabled a water refinery station run by Sollers corp.
[18:04] <Thierry> Well, I assumed that would come up tonight Smile
[18:05] <Tychon> Ah, there's the 5th thing we do. Wink
[18:05] <Savant> okay. Briefing.
[18:05] <Savant> Goliath
[18:05] <Savant> 21 Autumn TN, 1000h - Mid-morning
[18:05] <Savant> Nowhere, Greater Blessed Asteroid BElt
[18:05] <Savant> -273 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[18:05] <Savant> The Sollers refinery station has been dealt with - the habitation pod is now hurtling into a decaying solar orbit, which will require several CEF ships to save. The refinery drums and storage tanks have been rendered inoperable as well in one of the most dramatic conventional explosions that any of you have ever seen. All of this without any CEF intervention.
[18:05] <Savant> Still, trouble looms. Pathfinder is back in the black, a few hours out from the Sollers refinery, and there is now ample time (and ample lack of acceleration from the shuttle) to go through a debrief and planning session. The equipment could use an inspection as well, and Macedon reports that the al Bansen stronghold is still being investigated by the CEF.
[18:05] <Savant> Trouble looms ahead as well. The Talons plan to raid yet another station, a bigger one - to really get the CEF on its heels and to force it onto the defensive. A soldiers' work is never done.
[18:05] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:05] <Savant> same as last time, but note the date.
[18:06] <Gabriel> ack
[18:06] <Detro> ack
[18:06] <Birkin> ack
[18:06] <Knight> ::ack::
[18:06] <Thierry> ack
[18:06] <Gabriel> (You'd think with all these ice asteroids around, we could find a tiny section of space that has 1% humidity.)
[18:06] <Craig> ack
[18:06] <Tychon> ack
[18:06] <Detro> (Yeah, I was gonna say "What about frozen water droplets in a confined area...")
[18:07] <Savant> asteroid fields are not very dense ^_-
[18:07] <Savant> if you're on the surface of an asteroid? about 50% humidity, i guess
[18:07] <Tychon> Contrary to Empire Strikes Back. Wink
[18:07] <Detro> (They are in all action adventure movies, TV shows, novels, and RPGs.) Wink
[18:07] <Savant> not my asteroid fields
[18:07] <Savant> anyways. Questions?
[18:07] <Thierry> Nope
[18:08] <Detro> None here.
[18:08] <Craig> nope
[18:08] <Gabriel> Negative.
[18:08] <Savant> awesome. Let's begin, then.
[18:08] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:09] <Savant> It's been a mixture of languid and hurried over the past two days. There have been a few more burns with all of their associated busywork, but the rest of the time is spent staring at screens, catching up on sleep, or otherwise wasting time thinking of Terranova, or home, or other things.
[18:10] <Craig> ::at a console on the middeck still working on that transmission macedon picked up a few days ago::
[18:10] <Thierry> ::Pulls a large bottle of large pills and starts dosing out everyones calcium pills::
[18:10] <Savant> Pathfinder's flight team has been busiest. Maintenance is a never-ending chore, and plotting a course that the CEF can't find is a terrible sort of tedium.
[18:11] <Detro> ::wipes forehead, careful to not let the wrench-on-a-rope smash him in the forehead as he does so, strapped to his wrist as it is::
[18:11] <Tychon> ::has set Nike running another diagnostic -- this one on the spatial maneuvering systems which have proved somewhat problematic of late -- while he himself has tanked out in his rack::
[18:12] <Knight> ::climbs from Dash's cockpit after a round of diagnostics::
[18:12] <Savant> The vehicle bay is quiet. The Gears are mostly locked up, though some are being maintained. Most of them are running diagnostics or self-training routines
[18:12] <Detro> ::finishes closing the last access panel on JJ::
[18:13] <Gabriel> ::is in the barracks, strapped down to the treadmill, jogging and listening to one of the nearby radio stations::
[18:14] <Birkin> ::sets down the weights that they had created here on the Pathfinder, flexing a little bit trying to see a noticable change... Not seeing it yet he shrugs and pushes off flying through the zero gravity, to find something to amuse himself::
[18:14] <Thierry> ::Floats over to the first person he sees, which happens to be craig and produces a pill the size of a rather large bullett:: Your ration sir
[18:14] <Detro> ::pats the gear on the side of its sensor housing affectionately, quietly:: Told you I would take good care of you. We're both in the same boat after all -- you losing your pilot and me loosing my team.
[18:14] <Tychon> ::His dreams are filled with an intermingling of sordid romantic encounters and epic combat engagements. Despite the extreme difference between space and normal Gear piloting, his dreams are always set in space. Maybe it's the lack of gravity. Maybe it's a subconcious preference.::
[18:15] <Savant> Radio> -and that was Heaven Falling Down, by Gomorrahs' rebel sweetheart, Ivona Caprice - stickin' it to the collabos one chord at a time. You're listening to the Consortium Underground. Stay strapped for the tunes, spacers. Here they come."
[18:16] <Craig> ::looks over at thierry:: i've already eaten half an hour ago
[18:16] <Knight> ::thinks of hitting the gym , then looks back at Dash and the already cramp cokpit::
[18:16] <Thierry> Too bad, doctor's orders. ::Hands over the calcium pill::
[18:17] <Tychon> ::In any case, though, they all follow roughly the same plot. An overwhelming force of new CEF drones is charging towards the assembled space-adapted Gears of BT05. Despite the technological superiority of the CEF forces, though, the 05 Gears are too skillfull in their application of strategy and skill, nimbly evading lethal blasts.::
[18:17] <Savant> JJ> ::the head swivels towards Detro in a curious sort of manner, the eyepiece focusing on him::
[18:17] <Craig> ::sighs and takes the pill::
[18:18] <Savant> The hull of the ship groans slightly- a few of the flight team are outside inspecting the armour and the engines while they're down.
[18:19] <Thierry> ::Floats up to the command compartment to give Jermei and Macedon their pills::
[18:19] <Detro> ::grins at the gear... for a "hand me down", JJ seemed like one of the nicer gears he'd ever had the pleasure to pilot... and they would have made quite the team back on Terra Nova, before... everything::
[18:20] * Gabriel has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[18:20] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> :: doesnt glance back from his console - he's got big headphones on and is listening intently, but he reaches a hand out for the pill wordlessly::
[18:20] <Craig> ::looks back at the console:: well, decryption is coming along slowly, so far all i can tell is it's from a CEF official
[18:21] <Thierry> ::Hands Cory the pill::
[18:21] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> oh, hey doc. Thanks. ::takes the pill and starts to chew on it, making a bit of a face::
[18:22] <Savant> There's more of a THUNK outside - everyone can hear the sound of a large clamp unlocking and rattling against the hull. Zucco mumbles an apology over the open radio
[18:22] <Detro> You just take it easy. Sooner or later we'll get to stretch your legs a bit.
[18:22] <Birkin> ::hears the rattling:: The hell? Do I need to be in a gee suit?
[18:23] <Thierry> Jermei, I've been thinking, perhaps we should get you fully rated as a field medic just in case...
[18:23] <Tychon> ::The THUNK coincides with debris clattering off Nike's armor. Wait, what? That didn't make sense. There wasn't any debris nearby. Oh, right. Asleep. With that, his eyes opened and adjusted briefly to the dim lighting in the room.::
[18:24] <Detro> ::looks up at the noise, curious::
[18:24] <Savant> In the vehicle bay, the reaction to the sound is a bit more startling. Half of the Gears turn to face the doorway of their own accord, some even grabbing their stowed weapons. Nike takes two steps forward, pulling out its' vibro-sword as it does so.
[18:24] * Jester has joined #bt05
[18:24] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
[18:25] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:25] <Detro> ::flips down the boom mike on his comms:: +com+ Hey, what's with the 'boom boom, clang clang?'
[18:25] <Craig> ::shakes head amusingly as the noise::
[18:26] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> +com+ Yeah, yeah. those're tight. Keep yer panties on.
[18:27] * LrdVampyre has joined #bt05
[18:27] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:27] <Knight> I swear Detro I didn't tell him you wore 'em.
[18:27] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:28] * Gabriel has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[18:28] <Savant> Swifty has taken a half step out of his bracket, his MAC raised to cover the door and a red light shining from his rangefinder. Cerberus has instead taken a step back against the wall and has braced itself. Bonaparte, the tank, only turned its engine to "idle"
[18:29] * Jester has joined #bt05
[18:29] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
[18:29] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:29] <Tychon> ::Unfastens the restraints keeping him in the zero-G rack and floats away from it, and locates himself a wet towel with which to groom as best he can. A short evacuation later, and he's floating away from the racks and down towards the vehicle bay. Hopefully, that diagnostic is done by now...::
[18:30] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> That'd be awesome doc. ::then a pause:: If you think I should.
[18:30] <Melissa> ::looks up from the datapad and then makes her way to the vehicle bay::
Session Close: Thu May 10 18:30:59 2007

Session Start: Thu May 10 18:30:59 2007
Session Ident: #BT05
[18:30] * Disconnected
Session Close: Thu May 10 18:31:06 2007

Session Start: Thu May 10 18:31:55 2007
Session Ident: #BT05
[18:31] * Now talking in #BT05
[18:31] * Topic is '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[18:31] * Set by Savant on Thu May 10 18:00:01
[18:31] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Savant
[18:32] <Thierry> Jermei, if you're worried about that thing with Knight, relax. I would have made the same mistake. You didn't know, I didn't know.
[18:32] <Gabriel> ::continues his jog, more or less content to take today off unless something pressing happens::
[18:34] <Detro> ::pats JJ one more time, then pushes off, heading towards the crew cabin::
[18:34] <Knight> ::checks Dash's exterior one more time::
[18:34] <Tychon> ::Floats into the vehicle bay and looks around at the alarmed state of the Gears:: Huh...someone drop a grenade in here? ::It's said mostly to himself, though anyone within earshot won't really have trouble making out the words. He spies Nike with her drawn rapier and floats towards her.::
[18:34] <Birkin> ::moves into the vehicle bay and frowns as he sees the gears moving on their own:: The hell. Why arent you all in your stalls. ::looks at Cerberus for a moment:: Well at least you are I guess.
[18:35] <Detro> ::floats past Tychon:: It's the banging on the hull. Has 'em all on edge.
[18:35] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::sighs and nods. He glances back at Aggie, who shoots him a stern look, then nods:: That'd be great, doc.
[18:35] <Melissa> ::peers over Birkin's shoulder, frowning slightly as she picks up the sound of Bonaparte's idling engine:: Interesting
[18:36] <Savant> Nike> ::The head swivels to look back at Tychon and the crew compartment locks open
[18:36] <Craig> ::sees that enough of the data has been decrypted to play back so he hit's play::
[18:36] <Birkin> +com+ Craig. You might wanna get down to the vehicle bay. Your gear is threatening to blow through the hatch, and I doubt it will take orders from me. ::spies Cerberus:: Why are you bracing yourself? What is it? ::takes off towards his gear::
[18:37] <Savant> Cerberus> ::Just like Wren, Cerberus notices Birkin entering and the crew hatch opens slightly::
[18:37] <Melissa> ::moves towards Bonaparte, glancing around, specifically for the Earth drones::
[18:38] <Thierry> ::Hands Aggie a couple calcium pills.:: If I'm busy, her pain killers are in the hole second from the bottom, third from the left. Only one injection a day and she's not due for another 6 hours.
[18:38] <Savant> Bonaparte> ::as soon as MElissa approaches, she can see that the drone controlling antennae blister is active - she can hear it, actually, as it hums slightly::
[18:38] <Birkin> ::pushes off from the floor and moves into Cerberus hatch and sits down, looking at all of the dials and gauges to see exactly whats wrong::
[18:38] <Detro> ::pauses at the hatch, looking back into the crew bay... wondering...::
[18:38] <Craig> bah... ::sends the chunk of transmission to his PDA and plays it over on his way to the vehical bay::
[18:39] <Tychon> ::Grins up at his Gear's sensors and pushes his way into the crew compartment. It's snug, but his frame is complimentary to the small space and he settles in.:: So, how is that diagnostic doing? ::He glances across the displays to assess its performance::
[18:39] <Savant> A broken transmission plays out for Craig. The speaker is male, speaking Siberian: "-ve brought the rogue Liberati under control - some useful information. The descriptions of the Terra novans we've gotten so far seem to match the same teams that Commander Rasuul interrogated last year. We should inform her and get her on board. These Liberati are difficult, though, Admiral. We've had to squeeze har-"
[18:39] <Gabriel> ::finishes his jog and shuts down the treadmill, cooling down::
[18:39] <Melissa> ::blinks and settles on the hull of the tank:: +com+Um, can someone who's at the controls do an internal scan of the vehicle bay?
[18:40] <Savant> Wren> has shut down its diagnostics and has activated weapon controls instead. The sensors aren't on, but they're warmed up.
[18:40] <Knight> What's all the comotion about?
[18:40] <Tychon> ::...and then the oddity of what just happened occurred to him. Nike had never opened the crew compartment without direction for him before. Had it? That -was- weird, right? ...what did the diagnostics say?::
[18:40] <Birkin> ::closes the hatch, grunting softly, getting Cerberus to calm down a little bit and going over what it last saw and heard before it got so spooked::
[18:40] <Thierry> +Com+ One sec Melissa. ::Settles in at his spot on the command deck and starts running the scan::
[18:40] <Melissa> +com+ Well, All the gears seem to be active and Bonaparte's drone control is active
[18:41] <Savant> Cerberus> ::Cerberus has shut down its diagnostics and instead has activated its targetting computer. It's currently getting a data feed - from Swifty::
[18:41] <Craig> ::sighs and stuffs the PDA in his pocket as he enters the vehicle bay, heading towards swifty:: thats odd... he's never done that before...
[18:41] <Detro> ::still watching, frowning::
[18:41] <Thierry> +Com+ Scanning now
[18:41] <Birkin> The hell. ::looks at the data feed from Swifty, trying to spot something::
[18:42] <Detro> ::decides to head back down to JJ... this just doesn't seem right::
[18:42] <Knight> Someone think we have a stow-a-way?
[18:42] <Thierry> ::Pulls up Wren's status display::
[18:42] <Gabriel> ::unstraps from the treadmill and rolls off, then pushes himself off toward his towel::
[18:42] <Savant> JJ> ::JJ seems normal - still running diagnostics. It's accepting a data feed from the active Gears, however.::
[18:43] <Melissa> ::opens the hatch and leans in, finding the display she wants:: Okay, little guy, tell me what's got you active ::begins to run a detailed diagnostics, looking for the moment Bonaparte's systems went active::
[18:43] <Craig> ::makes it to swifty and puts a hand on the hatch:: it's alright, just the crew banging around outside the fury
[18:43] <Detro> Huh, odd. ::goes to shut down the data feed, in case it would interfere with a diagnostic, but thinks better and checks over the feed::
[18:44] <Savant> Swifty> ::Like the other two, Swifty pops its' hatch as soon as Craig approaches::
[18:45] <Knight> Ok, this ain't right.
[18:45] <Thierry> ::Pulls up Wren's sensors and looks carefully:: +Com+ Wren has nothing unusual. Should I bother disturbing the cap?
[18:45] <Gabriel> ::towels off, then changes clothes, getting back into his BDUs::
[18:45] <Savant> Wren> ::Displays the data feed obediently for Tychon - the diagnostics were going fine until the GEar registered an unknown noise, at which point the log ends abruptly, as if the entire processing segment was dumped.
[18:46] <Melissa> +com+ That's entirely up to you. I'm just wanting to know why they all activated
[18:46] <Craig> ::shrugs and decides to hop in anyway, noticing the data feed to cerberus:: alright, what are you up to ::takes a closer look at the data::
[18:46] <Savant> JJ> ::The feed is basic telemetry - location, general health, weapon status, sensor pings, etc.::
[18:47] <Savant> ((sorry, that was Nike not Wren))
[18:47] <Thierry> +Com+ Captain, sorry to disturb you, but something just got our gears all excited.
[18:47] <Thierry> ::Starts looking at Wren's sensor log::
[18:47] <Detro> +com+ ::looking it over:: It was the banging on the hull. Probably thought it sounded like a ship grappling or docking to us or something
[18:48] <Savant> Bonaparte> ::the reports show that Bonaparte came off of standby mode when it received an activation code from Deacon::
[18:48] <Tychon> ::He frowns. Diagnostics might get -stopped- for reacting to something, but dumping the process entirely? That wasn't normal at all. He keyed Nike for a cognitive system diagnostic.:: S'everything all right in there?
[18:48] <Gabriel> ::hears his headset from where it's in a velcro pouch a meter or so away, and pulls it on:: +com+ Say again? Define "excited."
[18:49] <Thierry> +Com+ Well, apparantly some readied weapons and Bonaparte suddenly turned on its drone control blister.
[18:49] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> +com+ Zucco to Pathfinder. Port engine looks fine - was just some carbon scoring. It's cleaned up. I'm closing up.
[18:50] <Detro> ::glances over everything, but there's really not much he can see that's too unusual... just that it started getting data feeds from someone::
[18:51] <Birkin> Bah. ::shuts off the data feed, putting Cerberus back into a diagnostic mode::
[18:51] <Thierry> +Com+ Sir, it seems Deacon sent at least Wren an activation code
[18:51] <Gabriel> ::frowns:: +com+ Well, shut them down.
[18:51] <Thierry> +Com+ Understood.
[18:52] <Detro> ::tries switching off the feed input at JJ's end::
[18:52] <Gabriel> ::finishes dressing and pushes out of the barracks area, headed for the foredeck::
[18:52] <Savant> JJ drops out of the communication circuit - Detro has no problem telling it to do so.
[18:53] <Knight> ::thumbs at the gear:: What does this mean?
[18:53] <Thierry> +Com+ Cap says to shut them down guys. ::Sends a command to Wren to return to its diagnostic mode and then go dormant::
[18:53] <Craig> +com+ it looks like our gears thought we might have been attacked and readied themselves for battle, Swifty recieved an activation command from Deacon, then contacted Cerberus, i think they might have been coordinated themselves...
[18:53] <Craig> <<coordinatingLL
[18:53] <Savant> Wren> ::complies with Thierry, going back into diagnostic mode::
[18:53] <Detro> +com+ A simple "they got freaked out by the noise" would probably suffice to explain it. ::his voice conveys the chiding, yet humored tone::
[18:54] <Birkin> +com+ Does this mean we're gonna be out of a job soon?
[18:54] <Gabriel> ::reaches the foredeck, does a swimmer's flip off the side wall and gets moving toward the vehicle bay::
[18:54] <Knight> ::climbs up into Dash to perform complete shutdown::
[18:54] <Gabriel> +com+ That shouldn't be possible, Master Sergeant. Get them shut down, then pull transmission and sensor logs from Deacon.
[18:55] <Detro> ::finishes up and pulls back out of JJ's cockpit::
[18:56] <Melissa> ::flips through the logs and leans back:: +com+ Well, Bonaparte received a transmission from Deacon and fired up the blister. Shutting down now ::pats the console and smirks as she flips a couple switches:: Good boy
[18:56] <Savant> Nike> ::Tychon gets as a responce a very succinct and detailed report - a video of the past moments, the "thunk" of some noise outside, and then a stream of possible target matches and potential courses of action::
[18:56] <Craig> ::chuckles at birkin's comment:: +com+ alright sir ::pats swifty's console and starts the shutdown:: time for bed there
[18:57] <Thierry> ::Shouts back to the foredeck:: I got Wren's log up right here sir
[18:57] <Knight> ::completes shutdown sequence::
[18:57] <Gabriel> ::reaches the vehicle bay and does a flip in mid-air to aim his legs and the closest retaining wall and brings himself to a stop:: +com+ Cockpit, CO. Macedon, I need to know if we're radiating.
[18:57] <Detro> ::pushes off towards the hatch::
[18:57] <Savant> The Gears (and tank) are all shut down once more without any fuss. None of the vehicles complain about it.
[18:58] <Tychon> ::His frown is complimented by a furrowed brow. These were training maneuvers. But why would they activate when a training cycle wasn't active?:: Nike, we're not training now... ::checks to see if the status changes in the Gear's memory log show any indication of being informed that a combat scenario was called for::
[18:58] <Craig> ::slides out of the cockpit and floats over to deacon::now lets see what triggered this odd behavior
[18:58] <Melissa> ::climbs out of the tank and then moves towards the drone racks to investigate their status::
[18:58] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::There's a pause, and Macedon sounds distracted when he does answer:: +com+ We're at black albedo, sir. Minimal heat, no EM. We're a rock.
[18:59] <Savant> Nike> ::isn't in training mode::
[19:00] <Savant> Melissa finds her drones to be all patiently waiting for duty, on standby. The Octopus looks frightening with its gangly arms and massive rifles::
[19:00] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Sous-Sergent. Advise me any changes. And find out how long the maintenance outside is likely to go. ::closes comm:: Well, that's something, anyway. ::pushes off the retaining wall toward Deacon::
[19:00] <Tychon> ::scratches his head and then queries Nike on why it thought reacting to a noise outside the hull was justification for activating a combat response::
[19:00] <Savant> Deacon> ::Looks down at Gabriel as he approaches - not an unusual action for an active Gear::
[19:01] <Detro> ::shrugs it off as the gears being as jumpy as they are in a ways, continuing to the crew cabin::
[19:01] <Craig> ::opens up deacon's hatch and climbs in, hooking his PDA to the kodiak's computer and beginning a download of the recent logs::
[19:01] <Savant> Nike> ::plays Tychon the string of potential sound matches. The top of the list is a CEF limpet-mine drone.::
[19:01] <Gabriel> ::catches a knee and pulls himself up, hand over hand, toward Craig::
[19:01] <Thierry> ::Looks to Macedon:: Anything out there interesting other then all those warships bearing down on us?
[19:01] <Knight> ::floats out of Dash, and kicks off towards the bay floor::
[19:02] <Tychon> Huh. Fancy that. ::calls for a sonic analysis for the approximately correlation between the sounds::
[19:02] <Birkin> ::grunts softly, having finally gotten Cerberus to calm down:: Alright you. Behave yourself while Im gone. No parties. And if you brew anything that I can consume and not go blind or die from, I get 50% understand ::hiting the side of the cockpit with his closed fist lightly:: We're fine. Trust me. You've done that plenty of times before, just do it now.
[19:02] <Savant> Craig downloads the log and takes a quick look. According to the log, Deacon received a transmission from Wren and, just as a good Command gear ought, forwarded the telemetry tot he rest of the team.
[19:02] <Melissa> ::cocks her head to one side as she looks at the drones:: Well, you guys need to rest up. No need to be active at the moment. ::begins to get the drones down from active duty to sleep mode, starting with the Octopi::
[19:03] <Savant> Cerberus> ::Apparently there's something to Birkin's tone or perhaps his words, because Cerberus goes on standby, stepping back into its brace::
[19:03] <Gabriel> ::frowns at the display:: And now, we back-trace. Go check Wren.
[19:03] <Savant> ((Blah. I always do that. The transmission came from Nike))
[19:05] <Savant> ((Replace Wren with Nike in my post and in Gabriel's post))
[19:05] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ They're coming back in, Captain.
[19:05] <Thierry> ::Unstraps from his seat and floats back to the vehicle bay::
[19:06] <Craig> ::nods to gabriel and slides out, floating over to nike, noting tychon was still there::how's goes the investigation tychon?
[19:06] <Detro> ::passes Thierry heading towards the vehicle bay as he enters the crew cabin::
[19:06] <Tychon> ::looks up at Craig with a bit of surprise:: Oh, uh, analyzing sir. It looks like Nike registered the sound clanging against the hull as belonging to a CEF limpet-mine drone, and activated out of precaution. Trying to figure out exactly what prompted that correlation presently.
[19:07] <Gabriel> ::trades places with Craig in Deacon's cockpit, and pulls the message detail::
[19:07] <Knight> ::heads to crew cabin with a few uneasy glances back::
[19:07] <Melissa> ::floats away from the drones and heads back to where she left her datapad::
[19:07] <Thierry> ::Heads over to Wren and looks up at the massive machine, the calcium pills still in his pocket:: Awha?
[19:07] <Savant> Knight returns tot he quiet midship compartment. Jeremi's looking back in from the flight pit:: What's goin on?
[19:08] <Detro> ::rummages around for a bit of ration'o'drink::
[19:08] <Craig> ::nods:: well nike apparently felt that deacon needed to know about it too, deacon's logs shows a transmission from nike which prompted it to send activation commands to the rest of the gears
[19:08] <Savant> Deacon> ::The message detail was simple - Nike transmitted Deacon a packet flagged as urgent telemetry, and Deacon forwarded it to the rest of the vehicles.
[19:09] <Tychon> ::blinks:: Every Gear activated? That's...odd.
[19:09] <Melissa> ::picks up the datapad and marks the info she came across from the transmission::
[19:09] <Knight> No idea Jermi
[19:09] <Craig> ::nods:: even bonaparte
[19:10] <Birkin> ::closes up Cerberus and moves over to the apparent activity near Deacon:: Cerberus is shut down nicely. Any ideas on what caused it to start up and brace itself for an attack?
[19:10] <Knight> Sabotage?
[19:11] <Thierry> Or there really is something on the hull...Captain, permisson to take Wren out and inspect the hull?
[19:12] <Craig> ::to theirry:: the fury crew was just out there doing some hull-work, it was them banging around
[19:14] <Detro> ::sits in the touch and gingerly sips at the drink::
[19:14] <Thierry> I still would want to see for myself
[19:15] <Thierry> ::Climbs into Wren and accesses the external cameras, trying to look at the area where the noise came from::
[19:15] <Gabriel> ::frowns at the display, not exactly comfortable with what he's seeing::
[19:16] <Craig> it's not necessary, zucco even apologized just after making the noisy, so we know it was them
[19:16] <Tychon> ::turns back to Nike, continuing his analysis and waiting for the correlation match between the record of the drone sound and the recorded bang::
[19:16] <Thierry> Who said it was the same noise
[19:17] <Gabriel> ::pulls out of the cockpit:: Deacon, stand down. ::pushes over toward Nike::
[19:17] <Savant> Tychon gets a replay from Nike - the "thump" sound on the hull, and then a mass analysis of the impact. A small limpet mine apparently was Nike's match-up::
[19:17] <Detro> ::Tries to relax::
[19:18] <Knight> All we need is an over-reacting 'gear to space the whole lot of us....
[19:18] <Savant> Deacon> ::obediently stands down::
[19:18] <Gabriel> ::catches Nike's chest plate and pulls up toward Tychon and Craig:: Deacon accepted the high-priority alert from Nike and sent an activation code to the full team based on that.
[19:19] <Melissa> +com+ Captain, when you have a moment, we've decoded some of the transmission from earlier. You'll want to hear it
[19:19] <Tychon> ::nods:: Sir. Looks like Nike registered the thump as the sound of a limpet-mine drone.
[19:20] <Savant> In the main compartment, a tired and surly Zucco Jim floats in from the airlocks, still wearing a bulky spacesuit. Minus helmet at least
[19:22] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::He rubs his bald head through the skullcap of his space suit and floats to the kitchenette. He looks worn out - he's been spacewalking for a while now::
[19:22] <Gabriel> ::nods:: How'd you feel about taking a walk, Caporal?
[19:22] <Tychon> ::blinks at Gabriel:: Sir?
[19:22] <Gabriel> I think Nike and Dash need some exercise. Collect Private Knight and do a sweep of the hull.
[19:22] <Detro> Hey Jim. ::plucks a water ration and gives it a gentle toss to him::
[19:23] <Gabriel> No such thing as too much caution out here.
[19:23] <Gabriel> +com+ On my way, Dekarch. ::glances back at Tychon:: Make sure to let Aggie know what you're up to, and let me know if you find anything.
[19:23] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::gruffly:: hey. Thanks. ::catches the packet and empties it in one long swallow::
[19:23] <Thierry> +Com+ Sir?
[19:23] <Knight> ::kicks off deck, headed back to the bay::
[19:24] <Tychon> ::nods:: Yes sir. ::pulls his helmet from the compartment underneath him and flicks the com to active:: +com+ Private Knight, please report to the vehicle bay for zero-G Gear operation.
[19:24] <Detro> Rough time out there?
[19:24] <Knight> ::suits up::
[19:25] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::he's got a heavy Hispanic accent:: Finder's not built for all these start-stops. Not like she ought at least. Hard on the bottles.
[19:25] <Gabriel> Master Sergeant Craig, finish the shut-down in here, then join us on the foredeck. ::pushes off Nike in that direction::
[19:25] <Craig> ::nods and floats off to make the rounds::
[19:25] <Tychon> ::flicks the com channel:: +com+ Tychon to Aggie. Knight and I would like to take Nike and Dash out on the hull and do a sweep, if you don't mind, sir.
[19:26] <Knight> ::suited up, heads up Dash to cockpit::
[19:26] <Birkin> ::exits out of the vehicle bay::
[19:26] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:26] <Knight> ::settles in::
[19:26] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::Aggie's responce is a bit of a mumbled slur - the painkillers are still swimming through her bloodstream:: Acknowledged, Nike. Gimme a sec.
[19:28] <Tychon> ::nods, putting his helmet on and closing up the crew compartment:: +com+ At your leisure, sir.
[19:28] <Knight> ::exits the bay::
[19:28] <Gabriel> ::reaches the foredeck:: +com+ What is it, doctor?
[19:28] <Knight> :: or prepares to::
[19:28] <Gabriel> ::spots Melissa and heads for her::
[19:29] <Knight> ::fires up Dash's system:: Nothing on your own, ya hear.
[19:29] <Thierry> +Com+ Sorry sir, I was just waiting for a reply to my request though I think I have my answer
[19:29] <Craig> ::is pretty much satisfied as the others had shut down the own gears(and tank) and so he heads to the foredeck to meet up with gabriel and melissa::
[19:29] <Melissa> ::hands the datapad to Gabriel:: I've set it to the beginning of the recording
[19:29] <Thierry> ::Shuts Wren back down and starts unstrapping::
[19:30] <Gabriel> ::shrugs:: +com+ If you say so, doctor. ::turns his attention to Melissa, takes the pad, and listens to the recording::
[19:30] <Knight> +com+ Dash is ready
[19:31] <Savant> Once it's clear, an alarm sounds and the vehicle bay is sealed. The air is pumped out and the rear hatch opens.
[19:31] <Detro> ::nods at Jim:: Probably wouldn't be so bad if we still had the Johnston. ::it goes unsaid, but there's an implied "...and the rest of BT09 together."::
[19:31] <Knight> ::manuvers to hatch::
[19:32] <Tychon> ::Double-taps his com to acknowledge Knight's message and ensures Nike is ready to go as the vehicle bay's air is pumped clear. He follows Knight to the hatch:: Let's maximize our search area. I'll do a sweep of the port side, you take the starboard. Sound good?
[19:33] <Thierry> ::Settles into his couch on the foredeck and tries to think of something he could do to help
[19:33] <Savant> A broken transmission plays out. The speaker is male, speaking Siberian: "-thout a more thorough patrol net we won't be able to catch them. The Kassandras are good, but not good enough - we should talk with EGL about fixing this. Wasn't their Astynax upgrade supposed to fix this problem? Anyway. I recommend that we activate the remainder of the 3rd fleet and bring them out here. Let's mobilize, just like the good old days, Veda."
[19:33] <Knight> +wilco+ ::sets out on search pattern::
[19:34] <Tychon> ::Nods and begins his sweep of the port side of the ship, looking for anything unusual that doesn't belong on the hull.::
[19:34] <Gabriel> ::smiles tightly as he gets the gist of the transmission:: Good. Very, very good. Get me a voiceprint ID on that, Dekarch.
[19:35] <Knight> +com+ anything special we looking for?
[19:35] <Melissa> ::Nods:: So far I know it's an Officer, but that much is likely obvious. I'll run it through what we have
[19:35] <Craig> ::floats into the foredeck just as the transmission is played::ahh so the rest of the fleets going to be after us then?
[19:36] <Savant> Outside, the Fury's hull is spartan - clean black lines. Some spots are slightly darker than others, as the flight team has been taking turns patching up the micro-craters in the armour
[19:36] <Gabriel> Thank you. +com+ Cockpit, CO. The CEF are about to get sizable reinforcements out here. Find me one more good, solid target for us to stomp. After that, I think it's time to play wolf and see if we can nail a straggler in the herd.
[19:36] <Melissa> ::sits down at a terminal and runs the voice from the recording through the known database::
[19:37] <Detro> Better get some sack time Jim. You look like you've earned it.
[19:37] <Tychon> ::Inspects the hull with every bit of intensity he can muster. If there -were- something out here, he'd find it.::
[19:38] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::He still sounds distracted:: Yes, Sir, i'll get on that. Caught another transmission from that patrol, too.
[19:38] <Savant> ((slap a +com+ on that))
[19:38] <Thierry> ::Goes through the external feeds for the time of the "incident" to see if there's anything unusual::
[19:39] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::grunts:: Still got four hours. I'll be fine. We pulled harder during the Interpolar.
[19:40] <Gabriel> +com+ On my way up. ::gives Melissa's shoulder a touch:: Nice work, Dekarch. Let me know if you learn anything from that voiceprint. ::pushes toward the cockpit::
Session Close: Thu May 10 19:40:27 2007

Session Start: Thu May 10 19:40:27 2007
Session Ident: #BT05
[19:40] * Disconnected
Session Close: Thu May 10 19:40:38 2007

Session Start: Thu May 10 19:41:39 2007
Session Ident: #BT05
[19:41] * Now talking in #BT05
[19:41] * Topic is '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[19:41] * Set by Savant on Thu May 10 18:00:01
[19:41] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Savant
[19:44] <Melissa> ::fiddles with the pitch and such, watching the screen as it runs through various voice patterns::
[19:44] <Gabriel> ::reaches the cockpit and looks over Macedon's shoulder:: What have you got, Sous-Sergent?
[19:45] <Melissa> ::frowns and then leans back:: Captain...I got good news, sort of, and bad news...mostly. Which would you like first?
[19:45] <Thierry> ::Looks at the feeds somewhat frustrated::
[19:45] <Savant> The Fury seems motionless in space. There's nothing about - no asteroid, nothing. Apparently the shuttle is in a massive, sparse gas pocket that's slowly spinning out of the system. It's enough to throw sensors off.
[19:46] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::pulls up some new information on his viewscreen, an image of a convoy of 20 ships - including a massive Nova-class strike carrier:: Well, I haven't managed to trap any other transmissions - our mirror's out of the beam now. I did get this, though. ::taps a control::
[19:46] <Detro> Well, hang in there Jim. Sometimes I think we forget that if it wasn't for you guys, we'd be breathing vacuum by now.
[19:46] <Savant> The computer plays out a small audio clip. It's grainy and full of pock-marks as the transmission was corrupt, but the audio portion wasn't very well encrypted. The speaker was a Siberian-speaking Kassandra class GREL. "Acknowledged, Base Tango-Fife-Niner. The Admiral sends his regards and wishes to inform you to prepare for a general inspection upon his arrival. ETA, sixty-seven hours. Glastov Out."
[19:47] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::Smirks:: I put holes in things - talk to the kid about keeping you alive. I make other people dead.
[19:48] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::points at the carrier:: I'll bet you a Mekong dinar that Glastov's carrying Veda Winthrop.
[19:48] <Gabriel> ::nods:: You're almost certainly correct. That gives us... let's say 40 hours to find one more thing worth hitting out here. Then we run.
[19:49] <Detro> ::chuckle:: The kid.
[19:49] <Thierry> Sir, there was that research station Melissa mentioned.
[19:50] <Detro> Sometimes his enthusiasm really scares me.
[19:50] <Detro> But yeah, you're right.
[19:51] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::shrugs:: Annoying as a drunk vathead. But he's the best pilot I've ever seen.
[19:51] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> There's a bit more, too. Don't like this bit.
[19:51] <Knight> !skill Notice Per +2
[19:52] <Gabriel> Let's hear it.
[19:53] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::scratches his chin- he hasn't shaved in a few days and his swarthy cheeks are getting fairly stubbly:: Looks to me like the CEF are emptying the al Bansen hold. Watch the heat readings - ::He points at the screen:: - you can see that those shuttles are full to the gills on their way back to the Deil.
[19:54] <Detro> Agreed. Between him and Aggie... well, once she's mended up that is. ::frowns:: I'd like to take a fist to the faces of those guys again.
[19:54] <Knight> +com+ Not seeing anything out here 'cept some spots where she could use a nice wash.
[19:54] <Gabriel> ::frowns:: What's the distance from the hold to the Deil?
[19:55] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::leans forward and squints:: Looks like fifty kay, give or take.
[19:55] <Thierry> ::Pulls on a headset and starts listening to the transmissions they have intercepted in an attempt to figure out what they're talking about:::
[19:57] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::his face goes frighteningly dark:: I'd use more than my fists.
[19:58] <Melissa> ::over her shoulder to Jim:: I've been running some melee simulators through the cortex of one of the Octopi...I'd like to see it in effect
[19:58] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::Smirks at Melissa:: I'll set up a simulator. If we can't have the real thing we can pretend.
[19:58] <Detro> ::shrugs:: Anything else would be too quick a death for them.
[19:58] <Gabriel> ::frowns even more:: There's nothing we can do about it for the moment, then, except take the heat off them by moving elsewhere.
[19:59] <Melissa> +com+ Captain...hate to bother you, but got good and bad news on that voice
[19:59] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::grunts:: Yeah. The belly of that Deil's full of al Bansen by now, anyways. We can't attack without endangering them. I'll try to find somewhere close to there, maybe - to draw that particular patrol off.
[20:00] <Tychon> ::sighs, not finding anything on his sweep, and not seeing anything other than some spots badly in need of paint:: +com+ Dash, Nike. Anything?
[20:00] <Detro> ::as Jim talks to Melissa, she catches up on the other conversations around him::
[20:00] <Gabriel> ::nods at Macedon:: Good. Thank you, Sous-Sergent. Keep up the good work.
[20:00] <Gabriel> ::heads back to the foredeck::
[20:00] <Craig> ::runs his clip through the voice analysis routine, then looks over to melissa:: i think i got the same there
[20:00] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods at the Captain, pats Aggie's good shoulder in a sympathetic manner, then gets back to work::
[20:01] <Thierry> ::Pulls off his headset:: If I may be so bold as to put an idea out there sir?
[20:01] <Melissa> ::glances at Craig:: Not surprising...and I wouldn't call the good news really good news...kinda more like not horribly bad news
[20:01] <Savant> Outside, both Nike and Dart start to freak out. Their sensors fire up and start scanning spinward frantically
[20:02] <Gabriel> ::floats over to Melissa:: Give me the bad news first, Dekarch.
[20:02] <Melissa> The bad news is we have no matching voices in our system so he's a complete unknown.
[20:03] <Savant> ((Dash, not Dart. My bad ^_-))
[20:03] <Tychon> ::blinks:: +com+ Whoa, hold on. Got something here. Dash, are your sensors going crazy too?
[20:03] <Melissa> The not horrible, somewhat good news is I managed to put the following profile together.
[20:03] <Knight> ++com++ We have a bad situation here!
[20:03] <Knight> +com+ Com, the 'gear is buggin all the hell...
[20:03] <Detro> ::presses on the earbud to listen in better::
[20:04] <Melissa> The man's a native Earther, Siberean is his native language. He's well over 50 cycles and he's spent a long time in space
[20:04] <Thierry> ::Is stirred by Knight:: +Com+ Where is...whatever it is
[20:04] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::pushes back into the flight compartment with his bulky space suit still on::
[20:05] <Knight> +com+ sensors on the blink
[20:05] <Gabriel> OK... ::waits for Melissa to continue::
[20:05] <Savant> Dash and Nike, and their pilots, are given a rare treat - being able to watch a near-miss by an asteroid up close and personal. They barely have time to see the streaking pearlescent ball of ice as it whizzes past them - it seemed close enough that they could reach out and touch it.
[20:06] <Thierry> ::Looks at Jim and then starts wondering about something, he can't help but keeping an eye on him
[20:06] <Craig> ::add:: both of the chunks we've managed to decrypt though are from the same guy though, my chunk basically states that the CEF has identified us
[20:06] <Knight> +com+ Someone wake up the pilot... we just had landfall....
[20:06] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> ::Glances at Thierry as he pulls himself to his seat, and grunts:: yeah?
[20:06] <Knight> *just about had
[20:06] <Tychon> ::blinks again:: ...+com+ Asteroid. Wow. ::His voice is a mixture of reverence and astonishment::
[20:06] <Melissa> That's about it, sir. Whoever this guy is, he likely came in on the initial wave into Caprice and has been sitting in space since. Not someone from here
[20:07] <Thierry> Any particular reason you're still suited up
[20:07] <Savant> Ranger Zucco Jim> Goin out again in half. Just takin a breather.
[20:08] <Thierry> I see ::Looks back at his console, half an eye still on the gunner::
[20:08] <Detro> +com+ Asteroid, huh? How close?
[20:09] <Knight> +com+ Karnal close.
[20:09] <Tychon> ::watches where he saw the asteroid's trajectory trace:: +com+ Almost close enough to reach out and touch.
[20:09] <Gabriel> OK. Was there good news in there, Dekarch? Or were you about to tell me the good news?
[20:09] <Detro> +com+ Positive it was an asteroid?
[20:09] <Savant> The computer beeps at Craig as another packet unlocks.
[20:09] <Knight> +com+ could have been a small moon or planet...
[20:10] <Detro> +com+ I'm thinking more specifically 'probe' or 'drone'.
[20:10] <Melissa> Umm, the not so horrible, maybe good news is that we know he's been around the block, a veteran and someone we might consider taking out should the opportunity ever present itself
[20:11] <Knight> +com+ It didn't stop and ask for directions, if that's what you mean. Sensors were blitzed. Maybe interference from the rock composition, or maybe something else. Ship sensors affected?
[20:11] <Tychon> +com+ Analysis shows it to have been a fast-moving, non-radiant object. ...Nike seems to think it was a large bullet of some kind.
[20:11] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::groans and shifts in her chair a little bit:: Doc, can you help me outta these straps? I'm getting sore.
[20:12] <Thierry> ::Unstraps and goes to help Aggie:: You still got another five hours mam
[20:12] -> *Cody* how you doin?
[20:13] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::grumbles:: yeah, I know. Dammit. ::she leans back to let Thierry unbuckle her five point harness:: What does tingly pins-and-needles mean?
[20:13] <Craig> ::looks at the console:: we got another chunk decrypted
[20:13] <Craig> ::hits the play button::
[20:13] <Gabriel> Very well. Thank you, Dekarch. There's a good size fleet en route, so I doubt we're going to have the opportunity to do that. Still, I'm thinking that we might get lucky and the fleet might outrun a straggler or two. You might prepare the remaining seekers and the hunter-killers for such an eventuality.
[20:14] <Savant> More transmission. The speaker is female, and not a GREL, speaking Anglic. "We've set up the search grid, sirs - you should have it in the next transmission. Best predictions indicate that we'll snare them within a matter of two weeks with this pattern. We'll need more ships though. Right now we're on about seventy percent of the grid - there's a chance they could slip through. I suggest that the fifth and sixt-"
[20:14] <Detro> ::seeing those around him busy, he's apparently wound up leading this little rally:: +com+ Flight, Detro. Any sensor interference from that near pass?
[20:14] <Thierry> Hmm, guess we have to figure out where that hole in their line might be.
[20:15] <Melissa> Aye, aye sir
[20:15] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ eh? intereference? Near pass? whaddya mean, sir?
[20:16] <Knight> +com+ Anyone inside that can paying attention?
[20:16] <Detro> +com+ Get your ears on kid. The gears outside just reported a near miss by an asteroid or something... and it futzed their sensors up.
[20:16] <Craig> ::hmms::yeah, i'd also like to know just how many ships we'll be dealing with too, i can assume that last word is 'sixteenth' but fifth and sixteenth what?
[20:17] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::in the cockpit, everyone hears Jeremi mutter "oh, shit" then sees him pull on his headphones:: +com+ Oh, *that*? That wasn't a near miss. I almost had a half klick of clearance on that thing. Lotsa room.
[20:17] <Melissa> that could also be Sixth, Craig
[20:18] <Thierry> ::To Aggie:: Its going to be awhile before that rib heals mam. Its hard enough to keep bones together out here much less getting them to knit
[20:18] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::grimaces:: I know. Do you have anything stronger? The drugs, I mean.
[20:18] <Craig> ::points at melissa and nods:: thats what i meant ::sheepish grin::
[20:19] <Knight> +com+ Closes if you ain't hanging out here in the 'void.
[20:19] <Tychon> +com+ That looked a lot closer than half a klick, Jeremi...
[20:19] <Detro> +com+ Knight, was that thing more than a half klick away from us?
[20:19] <Melissa> ::smirks:: Could still be sixteenth...maybe the sixteenth wing of a fleet
[20:19] <Gabriel> ::listens in on the conversations:: Looks like they're getting mighty hot to catch us. If you can find this 30 percent hole that they have open, that would probably be useful data in a day or two.
[20:19] <Knight> +com+ looked close enough for a vibro knife slice to me.
[20:20] <Thierry> You're taking about the strongest I feel comfortable giving you mam. I suppose I can give you something that would wear off slower
[20:21] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::snorts:: +com+ It was half a klick, trust me, sir. We'll have another one within two klicks in about three hours. Why the big fuss over this one?
[20:21] <Tychon> ::frowns:: +com+ Sent the Gears into a big panic.
[20:21] <Knight> +com+ they normally jam sesnors?
[20:22] <Thierry> And what do you mean "tingly pins and needles"?
[20:22] <Melissa> +com+ I would think it would be common practice in a hunt. Stop us from seeing what's going on
[20:22] <Thierry> In what context?
[20:22] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Jam sensors? It wasn't jamming sensors. Tame those Gears out there, they're skittish as a sand rider!
[20:22] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> My arm. Hand to elbow. Kinda numb and tingly.
[20:24] <Craig> ::to melissa:: just out of curiosity, lets run that last bit through the voice analyser, see if anything comes up
[20:25] <Thierry> Well mam, that's usually something neurological, pinched or decaying nerve possibly.
[20:25] <Detro> +com+ ::Calmly:: Try retracing your steps. Let's make sure it wasn't just coincidence.
[20:25] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::frowns and looks at her hand:: That's my throttle hand.
[20:25] <Melissa> ::nods and runs the recording through the analyser, and running it against the first voice just in case::
[20:26] <Thierry> Let me get a deeper scan mam ::Floats over to the medical locker and pulls out the scanner harness and his medglove and then floats back::
[20:27] <Tychon> ::frowns:: +com+ Detro, Nike. Looks like the Gears picked up the 'roid, lost it, and classified it as being fired upon.
[20:27] <Melissa> ::sits back and watches the analysis go to work::
[20:27] <Knight> +com+ Whats with the sudden combat mis-readings?
[20:27] <Thierry> ::Starts running the scanner over Aggies Arm::
[20:28] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::exhales and sits still::
[20:28] <Detro> +com+ Twice in one day?
[20:28] <Tychon> ::shakes his head:: +com+ That's a very good question.
[20:28] <Melissa> ::turns to craig:: This is interesting. I got a hit but no name. this voice was caught several times during the War of the Alliance. Was one of the flight controllers on the big CEF ships.
[20:29] <Tychon> ::frowns:: +com+ Detro, Nike. I think we better come back inside and do a full system diagnostic on the Gears. Something's got them skittish.
[20:29] <Craig> so we're dealing with veterans here
[20:30] <Knight> +com+ On my way back
[20:30] <Melissa> Umm...we're dealing with someone from the 8th Fleet...
[20:30] <Thierry> ::Shakes his head:: Bad news mam, I'm getting signs of nerve death in your arm. Could be because of that beating, could be just being in the well too long. Can't fix it until we get to a proper medical facility
[20:30] <Detro> +com+ I don't see how that will help much. Most of them were already in diagnostic mode when it happened.
[20:31] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::her frown deepens, and she says nothing::
[20:32] <Tychon> +com+ Copy that. We may need to do a more drastic diagnostic, then. Every sensor contact and analysis has got them thinking threat response. That...could be dangerous.
[20:32] <Thierry> Might be able to slow the damage though, but I'll need to make the drugs...and I'll need to operate
[20:33] <Detro> +com+ Let's just hope it's not a technical glitch.
[20:33] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[20:33] <Craig> ::attn::
[20:33] <Melissa> ::attn::
[20:33] <Knight> ::attn:
[20:33] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[20:34] <Thierry> ::ATTN::
[20:34] <Tychon> ::attnwhatthefuuuhellishappeningwithmygear!::
[20:34] <Detro> ::attn::
[20:34] <Savant> well done, all. thanks for hauling through all that. Any questions or comments? I like comments that make my game better.
[20:34] <Tychon> ::raises::
[20:34] <Savant> Tychon?
[20:34] <Thierry> Thanks for coming up for a way for the doc to be useful Smile
[20:34] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[20:34] <Savant> poor, poor Aggie
[20:35] <Tychon> Question -- what the hell is happening to my Gear? Sad Comment/suggestion -- already mentioned, but the whole "map for every occasion" thing would be highly, highly useful. It really helps me to visualize a space when I can, uh, see that space. Wink
[20:35] <Savant> your desires shall consume my NPCs ^_-
[20:35] <Savant> map is a good idea, I'll make a "fury" map and we'll use that.
[20:35] <Thierry> I assume Gabe would authorize surgery?
[20:36] <Savant> i can assume that he doesn't want to have to amputate his flight commanders' arm
[20:36] <Thierry> And Colin, you should get Second life and the next time my D&D group on there meets, you should see how they do it. Its quite remarkble
[20:36] <Savant> we can chat on that later ^_- BT05 for now
[20:36] <Savant> no more questions, shall we skip right to the XP?
[20:37] <Savant> because i imagine you would like some
[20:37] <Savant> you do want some, yes?
[20:37] <Tychon> Yes.
[20:37] <LrdVampyre> hmm, tasty xp
[20:37] <Gabriel> XP would be nice, yes. Wink
[20:37] <Thierry> Hmm, I don't know...I suppose
[20:37] <Tychon> Though I have no clue how many XP I have available to spend at this point. I need to make a tool for that, like I said I was going to...
[20:37] <Savant> 2 points; one for showing up, another for giving what I thought was a good show. I'll give you three if you give me some good examples of teamwork
[20:37] <Savant> and not of your Gears acting as a team without you ^_-
[20:38] <Tychon> Knight and Tychon scouted the hull together, splitting up to cover more ground more quickly.
[20:38] <Thierry> Well I think we worked pretty well on the effort to figure out why our gears were so dang paranoid Smile
[20:38] <Savant> i agree
[20:38] <LrdVampyre> craig and melissa working on the communications, trying to get info
[20:38] <Savant> Craig and MElissa are turning out to be a good team
[20:38] <Detro> Detro noticing that Tynes and Melissa were busy dealing with one problem, so he stepped in to try to handle the second w/o getting Tynes involved.
[20:39] <Detro> Oh, and Roland not breaking anyone's faces with a cawfee mug.
[20:39] <Detro> ^_^
[20:39] <Craig> also craig, tynes and tychon investigating what caused the gears to go nuts in the vehicle bay
[20:39] <Thierry> We need a prisoner so the Roland/Thierry interrogation team can play Smile
[20:39] <Savant> all seems good to me so far. That's it?
[20:40] <Savant> That's three.
[20:40] <Savant> four if you can give me some examples in which you furhtered the storyline
[20:40] <Gabriel> Gabriel and Macedon, but I'm not sure that counts. Wink
[20:40] <Savant> heh
[20:40] <Gabriel> We've solidly confirmed that we've tweaked the CEF's nose strongly. They're moving the bulk of the Caprice garrison fleet into the Belt.
[20:40] <Gabriel> That's hugely bad news for the next three IC days or so, but if we can slip out of the net, we're probably gonna find Monolith not at all or lightly defended... a perfect target.
[20:41] <Tychon> I don't know about furthered, but we've certainly branched into a new part of the storyline, given that we've got a Gear problem on our hands.
[20:41] <Detro> And solidly also proved that the CEF's monitoring abilities of the Belt are pretty impressive, but still have a few minor holes left.
[20:41] <Thierry> We've also confirmed that despite an attemtpted upgrade, that nose still doesn't sniff very well
[20:41] <Savant> ever see "Old Yeller"?
[20:41] <Craig> there's a good chance part of the 8th fleet is involved, or maybe come 8th fleet crews got transfered to the 3rd fleet
[20:41] <Tychon> I will hurt you. >Sad
[20:41] <Savant> good eye, Craig.
[20:41] <Craig> come=some
[20:41] <Savant> i won't be the one to tell you to do it, Tychon. Tynes will ^_-
[20:42] <Detro> You wouldn't. Not after having had to wait so long to finally get ANYTHING unique about my gear's NNet.
[20:42] <Thierry> ::Hugs Wren::
[20:42] <Knight> dont know of furthered, but with the self aware gears it is getting murky!
[20:42] <Savant> that's four points.
[20:43] <Savant> I'll make it five if you can tell me something cool you'd like to see happen to or with your Gear (or tank)
[20:43] <Detro> Cool, or humorous?
[20:43] <LrdVampyre> a full fledged, fully capable AI !!!! Very Happy
[20:43] <Savant> whatever you'd like to see.
[20:43] <Detro> I'd like to see JJ as a Tijiana Taxi Cab.
[20:43] <Tychon> Nike gains advanced sentience, so Tychon can and Nike can work together as a perfect fusion of man and machine to be totally rawkin' in combat.
[20:43] <Detro> err, Tijuanna
[20:43] <Knight> O
[20:44] <Knight> I'd think it be cool if they didn't operate on their own
[20:44] <Savant> i don't know that euphemism, Dennis
[20:44] <Savant> hee, nice, KNight. There's an easy fix to that
[20:44] <Thierry> Hmmm, thinking
[20:44] <LrdVampyre> I just want Bonaparte to be a self aware machine capable of aiding me in complete control over all mechanical devices...errr...drones
[20:44] <Gabriel> Er... I don't see Deacon as "doing cool things." Gabriel and Deacon hang back, use their heavy firepower where it's needed, but otherwise direct the combats and the actions of others. Gabriel's hardly fired any Gear weapons at all. I'd be pleased if Deacon just continues to survive. Wink
[20:45] <Savant> i guess that's a pretty cool thing, Gabriel ^_-
[20:45] <Gabriel> That said, I really wanted to play around with the NNet characteristics table a lot. That's a big thing I hated giving up with Dragon, was three years of points-building.
[20:45] <Thierry> I'd like Wren to learn to shut the heck up sometimes, that damn jabbermouth Smile
[20:45] <Detro> But in all seriousness, just advancing JJ more. I like the interactivity.
[20:45] <Thierry> BTW, we need to do some NNet rolling Smile
[20:46] <Savant> we'll do NNet rolls at the beginning of next game
[20:46] <Thierry> Kewl
[20:46] <Savant> anyways. That's five experience points! well done all. Good game.
[20:46] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:01] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:01] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:01] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[18:01] * McC has joined #bt05
[18:01] * ChanServ sets mode: +o McC
[18:01] <Thierry> ATTN
[18:01] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:01] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:01] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:02] <Detro> ::attn::
[18:02] <Ardelmos> ::attn and stuff::
[18:02] * Tychon has joined #bt05
[18:02] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Tychon
[18:02] * McC has left #bt05
[18:02] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:02] <Savant> sorry for being sorta addled. I'm still typing. But I do have a briefing ready for you.
[18:03] <Savant> I'll brief you, and then you can figure out how you're going to go about this. I'll also want complete lists of equipment you're taking.
[18:03] <Savant> i'm assuming you'll do this much the same as the last one, since it's rather similar.
[18:03] <Savant> anyways, briefing, and then questions.
[18:03] <Savant> Goliath
[18:03] <Savant> 24 Autumn TN, 0700h - Early-morning
[18:03] <Savant> Gallot Refinery 9, Greater Blessed Asteroid Belt
[18:03] <Savant> -273 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[18:03] <Savant> Three anxious days have passed, but a target has been found. A good one, one that will be a fitting farewell to the Blessed asteroid belts and the missions near Indra orbit. A refinery that is crucial to the operations of Gallot Caprice - a manufacture of automobiles, civillian spacecraft, and, recently, the HT-72 Hovertank.
[18:03] <Savant> So the Talons make their approach, to take out another refinery, a lynchpin in the volatiles extraction operations for Gallot Caprice, one of the biggest corporations in the system. It is a quarter-torus spun about a large hollowed-out asteroid, an impressive facility that won't be torn apart by a few little bombs. But when destruction is concerned, BT05 can usually be called upon to take care of it.
[18:03] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:03] <Gabriel> ack
[18:03] <Tychon> ack
[18:03] <Detro> ack
[18:04] <Birkin> ack
[18:04] <Knight> ack
[18:04] <Ardelmos> ack
[18:04] <Thierry> ack
[18:04] <Savant> questions?
[18:04] <Tychon> ::raises::
[18:04] <Craig> ack
[18:04] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:05] <Savant> Tychon
[18:05] <Tychon> Can the facility be torn apart by big bombs? Or is this the kind of thing we have to go inside and do?
[18:05] <Savant> theoretically you could jsut fly in and shoot it with a nuke, if you wanted.
[18:05] <Thierry> But some may not approve
[18:05] * FijiJager has joined #BT05
[18:05] * Savant sets mode: +v FijiJager
[18:06] <Gabriel> Including the CO, sadly. Wink
[18:06] <Savant> Gabriel, question?
[18:06] <Gabriel> Where are the volatiles stored?
[18:06] <Savant> depends ont he volatile. If it can freeze, they freeze it into blocks and wrap them in reflective tarp, then store them outside
[18:06] <Savant> anything that doesn't freeze they store in big cyllinders, also floating outside.
[18:07] <Gabriel> Thanks. Also, I have a blank map. That what I should see?
[18:07] <Detro> Now that gives a whole new meaning to "Supply run". ::yoink!::
[18:08] <Savant> yup. you're just approaching the station right now. I'll let you see the station when you get into it ^_-
[18:08] <Savant> same as last time, you'll have an elevator car.
[18:09] <Savant> anyways. More questions?
[18:09] <Thierry> Oh, yes, Aggies arm
[18:09] <Savant> three days have passed. She's still not doing so hot. D: We wanted you to make some rolls on that though, yes?
[18:09] <Detro> I get a new health or whatnot roll this time I hope
[18:09] <Tychon> ::raises::
[18:09] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:09] <Thierry> Yessir
[18:10] <Savant> Mike, give me a Medicine/KNO cpx 2 in #LemOS, pharmaceutical based.
[18:10] <Savant> Tychon?
[18:10] <Tychon> Is there enough room for Gears, or are we going in on foot?
[18:10] <Savant> station's too small to walk about in Gears.
[18:10] <Tychon> Ick.
[18:10] <Savant> though, the elevator seems to be big enough to fit a gear in it, if that's all that's going down.
[18:11] <Thierry> A gear...hmm
[18:11] <Savant> Gabriel?
[18:11] <Gabriel> What's the probable gravity situation? Is the asteroid spinning such that gravity is probable?
[18:12] <Savant> the station is a quarter torus, the hub of which is an asteroid. The asteroid has no gravity, but it's spinning. The actual station is half-gravity.
[18:12] <Savant> enough gravity that i'm gonna call it regular, at least.
[18:12] <Gabriel> ::nods:: OK, great. Same load-outs as last time, then, everyone, unless you want to change it.
[18:13] <Craig> lethal or non lethal ammo?
[18:13] <Gabriel> Gabriel's bringing a taser, and will recommend at least half the team carry something non-lethal.
[18:13] <Ardelmos> ::mutters:: Wink
[18:13] <Thierry> Thierry will stick a non lethal clip in for his 11mm
[18:14] <Savant> everyone hang tight and plan a bit. Set up your fire teams and the like. I have to eat something ^_-
[18:14] <Gabriel> http://talons.mcc3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36#36
[18:14] <Gabriel> ^-- There's Gabriel's load out. Everyone should have some variation on that. Someone bring a grenade launcher. Someone else, bring a shotgun.
[18:15] <Craig> i'll talk 1 talon pistol loaded with non lethal ammo, and 1 R23 with lethal:)
[18:15] <Craig> talk=take
[18:15] <Gabriel> You can take BILs instead of assault rifles if you wish, too.
[18:15] <Craig> ok
[18:15] <Gabriel> Probably recommended given half- or less gravity.
[18:15] <Craig> bil instead
[18:15] <Detro> ::smirk:: If I melee attack with a BIL, does that make it a BILly club?
[18:16] <Craig> ::whaps detro::
[18:16] <Ardelmos> Booooooooooooooooo
[18:17] <Savant> you're going in on the Whipsnake again?
[18:18] <Knight> swapping 2 mags of pistol ammo with non lethal mags, loading non-lethal into pistol
[18:18] <Birkin> updated again. taking the GL
[18:19] <Savant> and, are you just approaching, or is there going to be some sort of a ruse to get you on board?
[18:19] <Craig> updated my equipment load
[18:19] <Savant> great, Craig
[18:19] <Ardelmos> Can we just cut the braces which attach the torus to the asteroid with the lasers on the Fury?
[18:19] <Gabriel> If we haven't heard anything on the corp frequencies to recommend against it, we'll try the same ruse one more time.
[18:19] <Savant> ::checks MAcedon::
[18:20] <Thierry> Thierry will leave a needle full of painkillers for Aggie with Jermei (or whoever else is holding down the fort)
[18:20] <Gabriel> Given that this is a Gallot refinery this time, I doubt KSM is sharing much, if any information about what we did last time.
[18:20] <Savant> The CEF is actually broadcasting the incident to all of the facilities in the area.
[18:20] <Gabriel> Right, then. More direct this time. We'll have Jeremi just bomb us in.
[18:20] <Detro> Well, sharing information readily with their allies. How nice.
[18:21] <Savant> on the Fury, or on a Whipsnake?
[18:21] <Gabriel> Whichever he prefers, but Gabriel will lean him toward a Whipsnake for the maneuverability and smaller profile.
[18:22] <Savant> aso - can someone get Fiji a Maptool? I can't find the damn URL for the life of me
[18:22] <Knight> We going in in MMUs or not?
[18:22] <Savant> He'll take in a Whipsnake if he's asked. HE loves flying those things.
[18:24] <Gabriel> Done. Get either Macedon or Mem in the back seat to cover our approach and blind the station with ECM.
[18:24] * Tychon has quit IRC (Quit: )
[18:24] <Savant> Mem will
[18:25] <Savant> any other questions or things we need to address before we start?
[18:25] <Gabriel> Gonna add a grapple gun to my load, just in case.
[18:25] <Gabriel> ::goes to edit::
[18:25] <Savant> ok
[18:26] <Savant> nothing else?
[18:26] <Birkin> can I have an "I WIN" button?
[18:26] <Gabriel> Yes, but you're not allowed to press it, ever. You can only stare at it in frustration.
[18:26] <Gabriel> Wink
[18:26] * Savant grins
[18:26] * Tychon has joined #bt05
[18:27] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Tychon
[18:27] <Savant> let's roll
[18:27] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:27] <Savant> The station is a quarter torus - a sausage of metal that seems to have been skewered by two dozen toothpicks. Just as the earlier Sollers station is it spun against a counterweight to generate some amount of gravity inside, though this station is far bigger. It's almost certain that there will be corporate forces inside.
[18:27] <Savant> The Whipsnake with its fragile cargo is approaching at a breakneck speed, though the Talons can see none of this - they're ina sealed, dark hold right now.
[18:28] <Ardelmos> ::grunts within the hold:: Any reason we just don't cut through the braces with some lasers?
[18:28] <Thierry> ::Is breathing deeply, nervouse::
[18:28] <Savant> Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> +com+ They see us.
[18:28] <Detro> :Very Happy: We should ask them if they have a cup of sugar.
[18:28] <Savant> The Whipsnake starts to jink, pulling everyone left and right in their harnesses with sharp jerks. Upstairs, Jeremi must be smiling.
[18:28] <Knight> ::checks gear one more time, making sure demo is secure to his combat webbing::
[18:29] <Detro> ::grunts... it's almost like Jeremi heard the joke and didn't like it::
[18:29] <Savant> Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> ECM active. They're - huh. Good sensors.
[18:29] <Birkin> ::holds on, keeping his mind focused for the time being::
[18:29] <Gabriel> ::to nobody in particular:: When I had to drop troops out of one of these, I always told them not to whine... that if they had time to whine, it was because they were still alive.
[18:29] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> taking fire!
[18:30] <Thierry> Wait, this place is...armeD?
[18:30] <Knight> ::shakes his head:: Why can't it ever be easy!
[18:30] <Savant> Everyones innards is pushed up towards their collar bones as the Whipsnake lives up to its namesake, twisting violently and accelerating at the same time.
[18:30] <Gabriel> +com+ Do what you can to clear some of the guns. Empty the railgun if you need to.
[18:30] <Detro> ::eyerolls:: Because if it were easy, the CEF would be long gone by now and we'd be unemployed.
[18:31] <Savant> Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> +com+ Yes, Captain. ::a pause:: Anti-piracy weapons, good ones.
[18:32] <Gabriel> ::nods toward Detro:: It's going to get progressively harder, not easier. They were probably told to expect an attack. Still, they would have hoped no attack would come, and that's where our advantage will be for the first few minutes.
[18:32] <Savant> Everyone can feel the shudder of the railguns firing, their discharge making a loud THUMP every time. The wild maneuvering lessens to an occasional jink.
[18:32] <Knight> ::gasping aginst the Gees::They'll know we're comin' for sure this time.
[18:32] <Detro> ::grimaces, straining against the g-forces, to keep blood where it belongs:: Sounds like it's time for "Plan B" on getting aboard.
[18:32] <Thierry> And something tells me they'll be better armed
[18:33] <Tychon> ::Normally, the feel of his insides being jostled about most unceremoniously wasn't an issue -- after all, in the cockpit of a Gear, one frequently performed fairly strenuous maneuvers. It must've been something about space that made it all the more gut-wrenching. That and not being the one doing the driving.::
[18:33] <Savant> It's ahrd to get used to - the way a spaceship seems to slide about on its axis. The Whipsnake is notorious for this, with its long and slender body. Its pivot centre was far to the rear, meaning the cargo in the hold was thrown about with a tremendous amoutn of centrifical force.
[18:33] <Gabriel> ::glances over at Craig:: They'll try to lock the elevators. Be ready to run a bypass. Failing that, I'll use my grapple gun and we'll ride a line down.
[18:33] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Hoo hoo!
[18:34] <Gabriel> ::winces a bit:: I might stop telling people not to whine.
[18:34] <Savant> Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> +com+ We're on the approa - Prophet! Watch it Jeremi!
[18:34] <Knight> ::grunt:: Tell 'em to take it easy.... I've got 6 kilos of boom boom strapped to me....
[18:34] <Craig> ::feels the g's against him as he nods to gabriel::
[18:34] * LrdVampyre has joined #bt05
[18:34] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:34] <Birkin> We a bit more weapons free here captain? I doubt we'll get the reception we got last time here.
[18:34] <Ardelmos> ::lolls loosely in the hold, liesurely bouncing back and forth as the ship sideslips:: Someone wake me up we we get there.
[18:35] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Same rules of engagement. If it has a gun anywhere visible, kill it. If not, give them a chance to surrender.
[18:35] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:35] <Savant> Thunder pours out of the end of the Whipsnake, which skews widely as it whirls about to the docking point.
[18:36] <Knight> ::holding on for dear life:: I just hope we make it in one piece!
[18:36] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ All ashore who's goin ashore!
[18:37] <Savant> A light above the doorway goes from amber to green
[18:37] <Gabriel> ::slams a palm against the bay door release::
[18:37] <Ardelmos> Well if we don't, you won't have time to think about it... ::slams the hatch cycle controls as the light changes::
[18:37] <Thierry> ::Stands up and heads for the door, BIL ready::
[18:37] <Knight> ::un-snaps harnasses::
[18:37] <Knight> ::unslings carbine::
[18:38] <Savant> The gaping maw of the hold yawns open, exposing the dark and ferrous pitted asteroid below. A few extending docking clamps and airlocks are studded in the surface, though none are extending towards you right now.
[18:38] <Melissa> ::an Octopus abesently "scratches" under its chin as it looks about its surroundings::
[18:38] <Gabriel> ::aims himself toward the closest airlock and pushes off hard, holding his BIL at the ready::
[18:38] <Craig> ::unlatches his harness and makes sure his talon pistol is secure before picking up the BIL and heading out::
[18:39] <Ardelmos> ::hauls himself out of the bay and across the gap of open space to the surface of station, rotating in mid-air to bring his boots to contact with the hull and lock magnetically::
[18:39] <Detro> ::shoves off, BIL leveled and ready::
[18:39] <Knight> ::kicks off with the others, carbine at the ready::
[18:39] <Birkin> ::pushes off, his gernade launcher in the ready position, keeping pace with the team only lagging behind a little bit, as that's normally where he's told to sit::
[18:39] <Gabriel> +com+ Whipsnake, dust off once we're clear, then stay on station awaiting my signal.
[18:40] <Savant> Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> +com+ Yes Captain. I'll keep the ECM focused on the station's sensors and communications, keep them quiet.
[18:40] <Gabriel> +com+ Very good.
[18:41] <Ardelmos> ::kneels down beside the nearest airlock and yanks open the manual cycle panel on the hull beside it::
[18:41] <Tychon> ::Heaves himself out of the ship, notably bringing up the rear. He was a tactical asset in a Gear fight. In a gunfight, on the other hand...he'd never been -in- a real gunfight before. Tychon's age -- or lack thereof -- suddenly truly dawned on him as he floated through the void.::
[18:41] <Detro> ::lands next to Roland, BIL aimed at the hatch center ready to fire in case something's there::
[18:42] <Thierry> ::Starts looking around for hostiles
[18:42] <Melissa> ::the octopus ambles along after the group, head turning back and forth::
[18:42] <Savant> There's a big hatch, obviously the docking port. It's sealed shuit. There's no external controls, but there are some umbilical connects to communicate with docking ships...
[18:42] <Ardelmos> +com+ Fuck it; I brought frame charges.
[18:43] <Gabriel> ::reverses using the grapple gun's gyroscope, then clangs down on the port hatch:: +com+ Craig, bypass.
[18:43] <Gabriel> +com+ Not here, there might be a safety that locks the elevator in case of decompression. We'll bypass it.
[18:43] <Melissa> ::the octopus raising one of the heavy laser canons and shrugs::
[18:44] <Gabriel> +com+ Sous-Sergent Detro, help him. There might be a computer control on it.
[18:44] <Knight> +com+ We can always knock ::points to frame charge::
[18:45] <Thierry> ::Looks to the Octopus:: I like its way better
[18:45] <Craig> ::looks along the hatch and finds an electrical access panel::
[18:45] <Savant> There is no sign of life or enemy movement. OVerhead, the pinwheeling Whipsnake closes its belly and pushes off with a puff of superheated gas
[18:45] <Ardelmos> +com+ And hurry it up! I don't want to be stuck out here while they figure out how to electrify the hull plating, or something.
[18:45] <Detro> ::nods:: Aye sir.
[18:47] <Melissa> ::the Octopus raises both weapons at the entrance, waiting and ready...just in case::
[18:47] <Detro> ::lines his dataglove up with what looks like an IR port and tries to get a handshake signal::
[18:47] <Gabriel> +com+ Octopus, Private Knight, take point. Senior Sergeant, guard Detro and Craig.
[18:47] <Craig> ::spots a terminal inside which detro immediatly goes for while he tries to do some rewiring::
[18:47] <Knight> ::brings up carbine and gets next to door::
[18:47] <Ardelmos> ::frowns beneath his helmet, but clicks his mic in acknowledgement and shifts his position around the airlock to place himself alongside Detro and Craig::
[18:48] <Melissa> ::the Octopus gives a salute and moves a bit closer, taking an almost runner's stance waiting for the door::
[18:48] <Savant> Takira and Craig tinker for a few anxious minutes, and then the hatch opens without a sound or puff of air. Inside is another hatch, the inside of the airlock - it will open without protest when the outer lock is sealed shut.
[18:48] <Knight> ::rushes into the new opening::
[18:48] <Thierry> ::Heads into the airlock::
[18:49] <Knight> ::scans for obsticles, traps and anything else that could slow them down::
[18:49] <Melissa> ::moves slightly ahead of Knight, moving up to the second airlock::
[18:49] <Craig> ::ducks inside and positions himself near the control panel::
[18:49] <Knight> +com+ Clear.
[18:50] <Knight> ::leans up against the inner, attempting to peer beyond::
[18:50] <Gabriel> +com+ Proceed through. There will likely be an elevator, just like last time.
[18:50] <Detro> ::moves in with the others, bringing up his BIL again::
[18:50] <Ardelmos> ::slips in along with the rest, BIL at the ready::
[18:50] <Gabriel> ::follows the others::
[18:50] <Savant> Once everyone is inside the airlock and it is cycled, and the interior door is opened... the inside of the rock is polished iron. Walls, ceiling, floors, all are cut laser-sharp from the asteroid. It's a long corridor with other, smaller airlocks from other docking ports inside.
[18:50] <Melissa> ::waits for the airlock to open, weapon systems at the ready::
[18:51] <Gabriel> Craig, hang back. Red Team, move up and scout. Sergent Birkin, you and I on rear guard.
[18:51] <Detro> ::hugs one wall, BIL pointed down that direction::
[18:51] <Knight> ::rushes into the hallway about 5 meters and finds whatever cover he can, scanning the hall::
[18:51] <Melissa> ::moves into the hallway, head sensors swinging about, scanning for anything::
[18:51] <Savant> The area is completely deserted. The only thing of interest is the elevator shafts, a set of three, that are in the middle of the long sloping tunnel.
[18:51] <Birkin> ::nods once:: +com+ On rear guard. Aye sir.
[18:51] <Gabriel> +com+ Melissa, keep the Octopus with Red Team.
[18:52] <Knight> ++com+ Hall, looks deserted.
[18:52] <Thierry> ::Puts up his weapon to cover the recon team
[18:52] <Ardelmos> ::clicks his mic again and begins moving forward, weapon raised and covering the various approach vectors -- he doesn't run, but his walk is a smooth and fast one, slightly crouched::
[18:52] <Melissa> +com+ Roger that
[18:52] <Craig> ::slings the BIL to his shoulders and pulls out his talon pistol, waiting for every to go through before taking up the rear::
[18:52] <Gabriel> +com+ Blue Team, cover Red.
[18:52] <Tychon> ::Takes a moment to look around the polished iron walls, mentally stabilizing himself and glancing down at his weapon::
[18:52] <Thierry> +Com+ Understood
[18:53] <Detro> ::carefully moves forward as quietly as possible in the zero g::
[18:54] <Knight> ::moves forward a bit::
[18:54] <Gabriel> ::gives Craig a hand motion indicating he should stick with the rest of Blue Team::
[18:54] <Craig> ::waits with blue team::
[18:56] <Knight> ++Com++ Somethings odd Captain, looks like someone's just cleared out some equipment.
[18:56] <Gabriel> +com+ To where, Private?
[18:56] <Melissa> +com+ A lot of stuff's been moved out. And...there's too much dust in here
[18:57] <Knight> ++com++ No idea, but there was heavy crates and the like in this area recently, 48-72 hours is my guess.
[18:57] <Melissa> ::the Octopus moves about the room, covering the team and snooping about for more information::
[18:57] <Gabriel> ::thinks to himself:: {{dust?}} +com+ Did they evacuate the station?
[18:57] <Gabriel> +com+ Whipsnake, strike. I need a thermal scan of the station, best you can manage.
[18:57] <Tychon> ::Casts his glance towards Craig -- among a half a zillion other things -- to gauge...well, how he should feel, really. At least in a Gear, you had the security of familiar surroundings encasing you in a hostile environment. Here, there was nothing...::
[18:57] <Knight> ++Com++ That or maybe cleared a fire zone...
[18:57] <Melissa> +com+ According to the sensors, yeah, dust.
[18:57] <Ardelmos> ::a beat:: Only one of the elevators is working ::indicates the amber lights above two of them, and a third with a flickering green one:: This is a trap.
[18:57] <Savant> Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> +com+ Yes, Captain.
[18:58] <Thierry> +Com+ I'm with Roland
[18:58] <Knight> ::grips carbine tighter::
[18:58] <Detro> ::frowns:: +com+ Agreed. That dust sounds fishy.
[18:58] <Gabriel> +com+ Very well. I need to know how long the elevator takes to cycle. Private Knight, I want that elevator rigged to blow outward, lots of shrapnel. Use whatever you have to.
[18:58] <Knight> ++com++ On it.
[18:58] <Melissa> ::the octopus looks at Roland with a glowing red eye and shrugs slightly::
[18:58] <Savant> Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> +com+ ::a pause:: Strike, Whipsnake. I'm reading all sorts of heat coming from the station can.
[18:59] <Gabriel> +com+ Sergent Birkin, help him. Sous-Sergent Takira, Master Sergeant Craig, work out the elevator timing.
[18:59] <Gabriel> +com+ The rest of us will find a path through the elevator shaft in one of the disabled shafts.
[18:59] <Detro> ::backpedals to the others::
[18:59] <Craig> ::gets a puzzled look:: +com+right ::heads over to the elevator::
[19:00] <Tychon> ::Glances towards Tynes now, waiting for the move-out signal::
[19:00] <Thierry> You mean you intend to have us blow the elevator not knowing what's up there?
[19:00] <Gabriel> +com+ If it's not clear, Private, I want the elevator to blow when the doors open... ::grins:: preferably at station level.
[19:00] <Birkin> ::slings his gernade launcher around and moves over to the shaft to aid in the placing of explosives::
[19:00] <Gabriel> +com+ Doctor, belay that. This is a trap, likely set by the CEF and GRELs. I intend to spring it, right in their faces.
[19:01] <Gabriel> +com+ If you can't handle the mission, then your berth is back on Whipsnake, right now.
[19:01] <Gabriel> +com+ Master Sergeant, you're with me. Let's blow out the bottom of one of the inactive elevators. ::slings his weapon and heads for one of the amber lights::
[19:01] <Detro> ::working at the elevator, frowns:: +com+ Mem, how much heat do you mean? How hot?
[19:01] <Knight> ::brgins setting charge::
[19:01] <Melissa> ::The octopus begins to mimic the action of twirling it's heavy lasers as it looks about, taking a shooter's stance::
[19:01] <Thierry> ::Shrugs::
[19:01] <Gabriel> <<Senior Sergeant>>
[19:02] <Savant> Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> +com+ It's full of people. The hull's too thick, I can't get much more specific.
[19:02] <Birkin> Right there yeah ::places a charge or three right where he wants them::
[19:02] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Lieutenant.
[19:02] <Savant> The amber-lit elevator shafts have no cars in them. They're long shafts that stretch down, down, down, into obscurity.
[19:02] <Ardelmos> ::follows the captain, close behind, weapon still up and covering the sightlines::
[19:02] <Knight> ::takes up position from evelvator with detonator::
[19:03] <Craig> ::hrms:: +com+ our welcoming commitee i assume
[19:03] <Gabriel> ::looks for an elevator cable or counter-weight cable in the inactive shaft::
[19:03] <Birkin> +com+ I have a suggestion sir. After we blow the doors we have the drone here go in and mop up anything thats left over. Keep the element of suprise on them and distract them more as we use the unoccupied shafts.
[19:03] <Detro> ::doesn't have much to say... Knight and Birkin have things well in hand::
[19:03] <Melissa> +com+ I can send Octi down one of those shafts, sir
[19:04] <Gabriel> ::nods agreement with Birkin and Melissa:: +com+ Do it, in the shaft we're not using, when the time comes.
[19:04] <Melissa> +com+ Camera in the shaft! ::the octi points a heavy laser at where the camera is::
[19:04] <Ardelmos> ::continues looking around, still having a bad feeling about things -- the missing equipment, the apparently dusty(?) interior of the hub -- something was fishy::
[19:05] <Gabriel> +com+ Kill it.
[19:05] <Gabriel> ::stows his BIL and pulls out his grapple gun::
[19:05] <Ardelmos> ::as the communication comes over, he quickly reaches behind him and pulls a scrambler out of his pouch, then activates the magnetic seal and tosses it into the shaft::
[19:05] <Melissa> ::the heavy laser flares to life::
[19:06] * FijiJager has quit IRC (Quit: )
[19:06] <Savant> The whole room is awash in red light briefly as the laser discharges, and a gout of heat renders the camera to ash, along with a plate-sized pit in the station wall.
[19:07] <Gabriel> +com+ Sweep all three shafts, so much as is possible, Dekarch.
[19:07] <Melissa> ::the drone moves over to the kill, looking at the hole and then moving to examine the other shafts as ordered:: +com+ Roger that sir
[19:07] <Detro> ::working on the data glove, he shows the timing calculations to the others::
[19:07] <Gabriel> ::has a look down the shaft, looking for a ladder way or any other obvious way for maintenance on the shaft to happen::
[19:08] <Thierry> ::Stands by one of the shafts, waiting for more orders::
[19:08] <Knight> ::wishes he had brough grenades::
[19:08] <Melissa> +com+ Picking up something odd in the shafts...there's heavy plates in the two empty shafts, blocking the way down
[19:09] <Knight> +com+ What the...
[19:09] <Knight> ++come++ Kill zone funnel?
[19:09] <Detro> +com+ Probably to protect the other end in case of a hull breach.
[19:09] <Melissa> +com+ I've got a bad feeling about this...
[19:09] <Melissa> +com+ those plates are welded in there, like recently...
[19:09] <Gabriel> ::smirks:: +com+ Someone mentioned frame charges? Dekarch, I'm going to need you to carry a volunteer with charges down to both plates. Who wants the duty?
[19:10] <Knight> +com+ I've got two framies Captain, what else we got?
[19:10] <Ardelmos> +com+ I've got two.
[19:10] <Gabriel> +com+ Actually, belay that. We'll follow the elevator down.
[19:10] <Birkin> +com+ I have two as well as two satchel charges
[19:10] <Gabriel> +com+ When you've got it wired, send it on its way.
[19:10] <Thierry> +Com+ I would go, but I'm no good with explosives...aye sir
[19:10] <Knight> L+com+ Looks like its Red team.
[19:12] <Craig> ::watches the elevators and does some quick math to estimate its speed and the time it'd take to go from one end of the shaft to the other::
[19:12] <Detro> ::is content to stay back from the shaft for now::
[19:12] <Knight> ++Com+ Maybe we should consider a double breech, get some surprise on our side?
[19:13] <Gabriel> ::nods at Knight:: Once we're past the plate, we'll split up into the two closed shafts.
[19:13] <Gabriel> +com+ The bottom of the main shaft will likely be in poor shape.
[19:13] <Thierry> +COM+ We're going to have to use some other method to get down though, gravity increases down there
[19:14] <Gabriel> +com+ I've got a grapple gun and line.
[19:16] <Savant> The elevator seems cheerful enough to wait for the Terranovans. IT's playing some sort of mild music through its speakers
[19:16] <Gabriel> +com+ We send the bomb down, then follow using grapple lines and whatever hand-holds there are in the shaft for maintenance.
[19:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Bomb team, status.
[19:17] <Knight> ::com:: just need to the go to light the wick. We set
[19:17] <Birkin> +com+ She's ready sir. Just give the order
[19:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Very well. Shaped charge outward, I hope?
[19:18] <Knight> +com+ Sure thing Captain, just remember, there are no refunds.
[19:18] <Melissa> +com+ Captain...do we have actual control over the elevator?
[19:18] <Gabriel> +com+ We find out right now, Dekarch. Send it on its way.
[19:19] <Melissa> ::the octopus surretipously "walks" away from the elevator::
[19:20] <Savant> The elevator doors close and it whooshes down on its way to it's destruction.
[19:20] <Gabriel> +com+ OK, let's pry or override the doors back open.
[19:20] <Ardelmos> ::moves to pry open the shaft doors::
[19:21] <Melissa> ::shrugs and moves over to the Elevator and puts out both hands, preparing to pry said doors open::
[19:21] <Gabriel> ::goes to help Roland, then gets out of the way so that Craig can::
[19:21] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:21] <Savant> Gabriel and Roland pry the door open wide enough that someone can squeeze through. A moment later Craig pitches in and the doors give way
[19:21] <Detro> ::heads away from the shaft that's soon to become shrapnel heaven::
[19:22] <Craig> ::helps roland and gabriel open the shaft door::
[19:22] <Gabriel> +com+ Dekarch, have the octopus scout the shaft. ::pulls the grapple gun back out and starts uncoiling some of the line::
[19:23] <Thierry> ::When things are ready, Theirry follows behind the cap
[19:23] <Melissa> ::the Octopus peers out into the darkness and then pulls all of its arms together as it prepares to swan dive::
[19:24] <Savant> The shaft is extremely dark - without light you can't see a thing, once the elevator doors disappear above you.
[19:24] <Gabriel> +com+ ::unclips some of the spikes from the gun and passes them around:: Everyone, secure these to your armor. Ram 'em in if you have to. ::grins::
[19:25] <Ardelmos> ::does so, preparing to fast-rope down the shaft::
[19:25] <Melissa> ::does a half leap and starts going down, the two gun arms unfurling to point ahead of it::
[19:26] <Ardelmos> +com+ Hit the lights, squiddy.
[19:26] <Detro> ::prepares himself::
[19:26] <Melissa> ::a series of lights flick on, shedding illumination down the shaft::
[19:26] <Thierry> ::Does as the captain says, not really in the mood to laugh::
[19:27] <Gabriel> ::starts running the line through the spikes as people get them secured::
[19:27] <Savant> The climbing cable sags as everyone piles onto it. The line holds, but only just. Gabriel can hear an audible creak from where it meets his harness.
[19:27] <Savant> ((forget that line... for now))
[19:27] <Savant> ((instead...))
[19:28] <Craig> ::sets the spike to his BDU and waits for his turn to take the line::
[19:28] <Savant> Everyone gets clipped on and prepared to go down the tunnel. Melissa, safe on the Fury, can see through her cameras that the elevator car has quickly disappeared far down the shaft.
[19:28] <Gabriel> ::eventually finishes getting everyone roped together, Roland last, then secures and locks the loop at the grapple, then starts climbing down:: +com+ Senior Sergeant, take the top of the shaft.
[19:29] <Gabriel> +com+ Dekarch, I'll want your octopus to stay close to the line. In case anyone slips, grab them.
[19:29] <Knight> +com+ Anyone on the line to prevent them from sending the elevator back up at us while we roping down?
[19:29] <Ardelmos> ::grunts and takes position at the opening of the elevator shaft::
[19:29] <Ardelmos> +com+ Probably the fact that once it stops at the bottom, it's gonna explode.
[19:30] <Melissa> +com+ Roger that Captain ::the octopus moves to where the line is and continues to move downward, but with an eye looking up just in case::
[19:30] <Gabriel> +com+ And we need to be as close behind it as we can be. Let's move.
[19:30] <Knight> +com+ Charge wont wreck the elevator, it was set to maximze shrapnel spread into the bottom room..
[19:30] <Thierry> ::Nods and prepares to go down the shaft::
[19:30] <Gabriel> ::starts pulling himself "down" the shaft, as rapidly as he can to start in the zero-G environment, using the occasional hand-holds only to brake himself so he doesn't gain too much momentum::
[19:31] <Detro> ::heads down behind Thierry::
[19:31] <Craig> ::starts making the descent down the shaft::
[19:31] <Thierry> ::Follows closely behind Gabriel::
[19:31] <Savant> Everyone begins their descent. It's quick going without the worry of gravity, but the insistant press of the tunnel as the station rotates gives you somethign to run against. Before too long, the gentle pull of the stations' centrifuge begins to have an effect
[19:31] <Melissa> :Surprisedn the Fury, Melissa has a montage of battle scenes from such classics as Robotech, Macross, and Gundum playing on a screen synched to "Flight of the Valkyries" as she watches the drone and team's progress::
[19:32] <Ardelmos> ::vaguely wonders why the Captain has him coming down last as the others pile into the shaft, then swings in himself to start his own descent::
[19:32] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> :Surprisedn the fury, leaning over to look at Melissa's screen:: What the hell is that, Dekarch?
[19:32] <Gabriel> ::switches on his suit's thermals, expecting to see some mayhem at the "bottom", while looking for a place to reverse and go down the shaft feet first::
[19:33] <Melissa> :Surprisedn the Fury:: Umm...Classic cartoons from long ago. Giant fighting robots ::grins::
[19:34] <Savant> It's a very long elevator shaft. After about four minutes there's a gentle shudder that passes upwards, and Gabriel can see the heat bloom down below.
[19:34] <Knight> ++Com++ present has been delivered.
[19:34] <Ardelmos> +com+ Move it people, move it!
[19:34] <Thierry> +Com+ Lets see how they liked their gift
[19:35] <Gabriel> +com+ It would seem so. ::finds a place to reverse about halfway down, goes for the handhold... and misses it entirely, bouncing off the side of the shaft and accelerating toward the center where there are no hand-holds::
[19:35] <Melissa> ::the Octopus begins to move a bit faster now, all arms unfurled in a menacing display of robotic fury::
[19:35] <Savant> The pressure of the spinning atmosphere is enough to start sucking everyone down firmly now. The line upon which everyone is depending creaks and groans with the strain of the growing weight.
[19:35] <Gabriel> +com+ Damn it. Dekarch, a little help here.
[19:35] <Melissa> ::the octopus pauses and comes back to help with the load::
[19:36] <Savant> creeEEEEE-ping-ping-Ping-PING
[19:36] <Melissa> ::taking the rope to slacken the weight on it::
[19:36] <Detro> ::switches from walking down to rapelling down::
[19:36] <Savant> Threads of cable begin to fray and snap along its length
[19:36] <Melissa> ::Spreads arms out to grab the walls and the cable::
[19:36] <Thierry> ::Grabs hold of the drone
[19:36] <Gabriel> +com+ Everyone, grab a handhold. We're in danger of losing our line. Dekarch, I could really use some help here.
[19:37] <Detro> ::looks for a handhold::
[19:37] <Craig> ::looks up and starts to get anxious, looking for a handhold to grab::
[19:37] <Melissa> +com+ If I pull, the rope breaks. Some can grab the drone and get off the line
[19:37] <Savant> The only handholds available are the pair of rails, one running down each side.
[19:38] <Melissa> ::moves up to the team::
[19:38] <Thierry> +COM+ I'll ride the octopus
[19:38] <Gabriel> ::attempts to get hold of one of the drone's arms::
[19:38] <Melissa> +com+ If you can, tether yourself...I don't care how, but umm...I've never carried people on a drone before
[19:39] <Craig> ::takes the rail and frowns as it isn't very useful in keeping anyone from falling::
[19:39] <Ardelmos> ::grabs ahold of one of the rails and wraps his arm around it as they continue to descend::
[19:39] <Thierry> +Com+ I got a good hold
[19:40] <Detro> ::avoids the rails, figuring they could be charged with power... instead, he hastens his lowering::
[19:40] <Thierry> +Com+ Lets get down there shall we
[19:41] <Melissa> ::waits patiently like a good drone, waiting for those who are grabbing on to grab on::
[19:41] <Savant> Both Craig and Roland receive nasty shocks that make their muscles spasm and spines tighten, but they don't lose control of their descents, and are okay, other than the shock.
[19:42] <Melissa> ::the drone begins to lower, a bit slower::
[19:42] <Gabriel> +com+ Let's rethink this a bit. Dekarch, can the octopus handle the weight of the full team?
[19:42] <Detro> ::hopes that with the lessened weight the cable might still hold long enough::
[19:42] <Savant> After a few moments the Drone takes on its passengers. It's too much wight for it to handle so it begins to slide down on its own, but it's a controlled descent.
[19:43] <Savant> ((nevermind about the too-much-weight. This thing can pick up a minivan ^_^))
[19:43] <Detro> ::then realizes he may be getting a bit TOO hopeful and finds a handhold on the drone::
[19:44] <Craig> ::shakes his head to clear the cobwebs from getting jolted before climbing into the drone::
[19:44] <Melissa> ::acting more like a spider than a flying octopus of destruction, it begins to amble downward:: +com+ Sir, this thing can pick up and fly a Cheetah no problem
[19:44] <Gabriel> +com+ Forget the cable, then. That's how we get down. Let's move right along. Everyone grab hold.
[19:44] <Ardelmos> ::does so::
[19:45] <Thierry> ::Gets a nice hold of the drone::
[19:45] <Gabriel> ::does so himself:: +com+ Be ready to cut us a way down to the bottom of the shaft. Once we're there, Knight, Birkin, Roland, be prepared to blow us a door.
[19:46] <Savant> Melissa guides everyone down towards the roof of the elevator, which waits for them below. It takes time, but finally you're there.
[19:47] <Ardelmos> ::quickly pulls out a frame charge and hands it to Knight:: Make a door.
[19:48] <Gabriel> ::cuts the frayed line of the grapple gun, reattaches a new spike, then stows the grapple gun in favor of his SMG::
[19:48] <Melissa> ::aims it's weapons at the door::
[19:49] <Knight> ::sets frame charge against door::
[19:49] <Gabriel> ::pulls his clip of armor-piercing rounds, slams it home, cocks the SMG and clears the safety:: +com+ Everyone get ready. Smoke and frag grenades.
[19:49] <Knight> ::against roof::
[19:49] <Knight> ++Com+ Ready when we are.
[19:49] <Thierry> ::REadies the BIL::
[19:49] <Ardelmos> ::pulls out a frag grenade in his left hand, BIL still hefted in his right::
[19:49] <Detro> ::raises the BIL, to cover the grenade throwers if need be::
[19:50] <Craig> ::unslings the BIL and points it toward the door::
[19:50] <Melissa> +com+ Let's get ready to ruuumble
[19:50] <Knight> +com+ Fire in the hole!+ Trigger detonator.
[19:50] <Gabriel> ::pulls one of his flash-bangs out of his webbing and holds it ready in his off hand::
[19:51] <Savant> The ceiling of the elevator crashes down onto the ruined floor below, brought down by a shower of light and heat. Everyone is pelted with tiny grains of metal filings from the blast, though they're mostly shielded by the bulk of the Octopus.
[19:51] <Melissa> ::the octopus shakes its head and unfurls its arms, getting ready to swoop into the area::
[19:51] <Ardelmos> ::swings down over the octopus' side and dangles off of it, feet not quite at the left of the doorway within the elevator car -- he tosses the frag grenade down and through the door so it bounces out beyond into the room::
[19:52] <Savant> The Talons drop down, and are met with an ugly sight. the "northern" door, closest to the centre of the station, is blocked by a pitted and half-askew metal plate that was hastily, if competently, welded on. To the "south" is an ugly sight.
[19:52] <Ardelmos> (left? top)
[19:52] <Savant> A row of Mordreds kneel behind heavy riot shields amidst the bodies of a few of their companions, each one with a cleaming black and silver baton in his off hand. Behind them are clusters of GREL in heavy armour and with rifles - there's even a squad of humans between them all. All of their faces are hidden by helmets, but they all stand and move as if they've done this a thousand times. The Earthers knew that you were coming.
[19:52] <Savant> let me clear out the map a touch for you ^_^
[19:53] <Ardelmos> As a note, nobody's actually dropped down off the octopus yet. Wink
[19:53] <Gabriel> <<You guys are commenting in the wrong channel. Wink>>
[19:53] <Ardelmos> Well, Roland has, but he's hanging above the entrance to the door and threw a grenade in.
[19:53] <Savant> ((whoops. Oh well. Now you know ^_^))
[19:54] <Savant> A barrage of shells slap against the frame of the Octopus, along with what's visible of Rolands' body as he chucks the grenade::
[19:54] <Thierry> +Com+ ::whisper:: prophet help us
[19:55] <Detro> +com+ Frak!
[19:55] <Melissa> ::the Octopus shuffles up a bit to minimize exposure to the incoming fire::
[19:55] <Gabriel> +com+ Belay that. Use the octopus as cover. Grenades out. ::swaps his flash-bang for a concussion::
[19:55] <Detro> ::shoulders the BIL and reaches for one of the concussion grenades on his belt::
[19:56] <Melissa> ::stops and almost sighs, if a drone could sigh before moving down to act the shield, heavy lasers coming up to bear::
[19:56] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> :Surprisedn the Fury:: What the.... movement....
[19:56] <Detro> ::pulls pin... counts mentally:: One, two... ::tosses it out::
[19:57] <Thierry> ::Pulls out his own grenade and hurls it in
[19:57] <Gabriel> +com+ Whipsnake, be advised, encountering heavy resistance.
[19:57] <Craig> ::mutters:: very heavy... wish i had an ABM about now...
[19:57] <Savant> The grenade Roland throws makes a few more clattering sounds as one of the Mordred bashes it away from the group, and explodes somewhere that isn't visible. The GREL with shields raise them against the flash.
[19:58] <Savant> Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> +com+ Yes, Captain.
[19:59] * Tychon has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[19:59] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Holy *shit*. +com+ All teams, Pathfinder! This place is crawling!
[19:59] <Melissa> :Surprisedn the fury, looks over at Cory:: Umm, this is not good
[19:59] <Ardelmos> +com+ Just start shooting the damned station anywhere we aren't! ::pulls another two grenades off his belt and throws them into the breach::
[19:59] <Knight> ++com+ Can we egress if we had to?
[20:00] <Gabriel> +com+ Pathfinder, spin up tubes five and six, nukes to maximum yield. If I do not report in at 10 minute intervals, your orders are to destroy this place utterly.
[20:00] <Savant> Pathfinder accelerates from its hiding place as two heat signatures light up the night and start a fast approach.
[20:01] <Melissa> ::grunts at the sudden acceleration and eyes the other sensor display::
[20:01] <Thierry> ::To himself:: And us along with it.
[20:01] <Ardelmos> +com+ Captain, there's no point in going any further -- we need to evac. If there's this many in here, there'll be just as many hiding out in the black.
[20:02] <Detro> ::mutters:: That means we need that drone INTACT to pull us back up.
[20:02] <Savant> Rolands grenades clatter out into the hold and again, the Grel snap forward to deflect them. One gets sent off into the corner of the room again, in well-practiced fashion. The other one explodes right in the Mordred's faec, and his companions raise their shields instinctively against it.
[20:03] <Melissa> +com+ I have to agree...
[20:03] <Knight> ::has pressed himself into any cover he can find::
[20:03] <Gabriel> +com+ Negative, Senior Sergeant. We cut through this, then reassess.
[20:03] <Thierry> +Com+ As much as I'd like to continue, I concur with Roland.
[20:03] <Melissa> +com+ Though one small problem...If I carry you up and they cripple me...umm...would be very bad...
[20:04] <Knight> ++com++ What ever we do, lets do it fast.
[20:04] <Savant> From inside, the CEF commander at the rear of the group shouts over the growing din, in accented anglic:: TERRANOVANS! SURRENDER! YOU CANNOT ESCAPE!
[20:05] <Gabriel> Birkin> Point of order. ::sets his grenade launcher to maximum fire rate and starts saturating the bottom of the shaft::
[20:08] <Savant> Birkin's grenades cut the officer short. Fire and debris gouts up into the elevator shaft, making a crackling halo around the black outline of the waiting Octopus.
[20:10] <Savant> A small cluster of GREL are waiting at the bottom of the shaft, mostly those who had shields and could huddle beneath them. They're all wounded, bleeding, and a few of them are howling in either pain or anger. PRobably both.
[20:10] <Ardelmos> ::activates his speakers:: +com+ FUCKING COCKSUCKERS! SURRENDER! YOU CANNOT ESCAPE....ASSHOLES!
[20:11] <Craig> ::glances at rolling and chuckles::
[20:11] <Craig> <<er roland...>>
[20:11] <Thierry> ::Turns on his speakers and starts cursing in French::
[20:12] <Melissa> :Surprisedn the Fury:: Hope this isn't a "Charge of the Light Brigade"...
[20:12] <Gabriel> ::has a look out of the shaft, firing a quick burst at the lead Mordred that seems to be still alive before ducking back behind the octopus:: +com+ Push us a beachhead, then we reassess.
[20:12] <Savant> Outside, the Fury has its own problems. A pair of Nukdae fighters are on its tail. Battle frames, hiding in the collected mining asteroids and in the refinery drums, are starting to come out for the kill.
[20:13] <Melissa> +com+ Roger that...
[20:13] <Savant> The Mordred is still under his shield, and Gabriels' shots slap into it- piercing the slab of composite, and clattering into the armour beneath.
[20:16] <Detro> ::snorts:: They have us confined, the poor bastards. ::throws the concussion grenade, trying to angle off to his left of the elevator::
[20:16] <Melissa> ::shirks slightly as a grenade bounces off its hull::
[20:16] <Savant> The grenade bounces wildly, hitting hte OCtopus on the way down and exploding beneath it harmlessly.
[20:17] <Detro> ::mutters inwardly, but knows all he can do at this point is do better on the next throw::
[20:18] <Knight> ::curses to himself for not bringing a BIL::
[20:28] <Melissa> ::the Octopus comes flying out of the elevator, arms writhing in fury, grabbing the near Mordred and tossing it down the hallway as the heavy laser fires into another GREL::
[20:29] <Savant> The GREL screams and shoots a stitch of bullets up the Spiders' belly before he's grabbed by the arm and tossed aside like a rag doll.
[20:30] <Melissa> ::levels the Heavy Laser and lights up the room with a shot and the nearest next Grel::
[20:30] <Savant> The second GREL raises his shield, but it doesn't do much to stop the column of intense heat and energy that stabs down at him. He collaspses to the ground.
[20:31] <Melissa> ::turning its other heavy laser at another GREL, the Octopus opens fire again::
[20:32] <Savant> This GREL hasn't anything to defend himself against the massive cannon, which neatly slices him in two.
[20:33] <Craig> ::ducks low enough to get a quick head count:: +com+ looks like 3 left
[20:33] <Melissa> ::the octopus raises its arms up in triumph and glares at the survivors:: Surrender my ASS!
[20:34] <Thierry> ::Ducks down and lets off a burst of light in the direction of one of the living GREL::
[20:35] <Savant> The GREL keeps behind his shield and rolls - he's rolling away from the firefight and into a corner of the room. You can't see his face but for a glimpse, and it seems like he's talking calmly into his mouthpiece.
[20:39] <Craig> ::slides over to get a good view of the CEF trooper and lets a laser beam trace down to him::
[20:41] <Savant> The Earther is lanced right through the chest. It's as if he doesn't feel it at first, but after a moment his head looks down at the smoking hole and he slumps forwards.
[20:45] <Savant> The two remiaing, surviving mordred look at one another briefly, and in that glance an entire battle-plan is communicated. They spring up and each throw a grenade as hard as they can into the elevator car, riccocheting them up into the air within the car. One grenade hits too low and just bounces back towards the Spider and the GREL, but one sails upwards
[20:49] <Gabriel> +com+ Watch out, left side! ::pushes Knight out of the way::
[20:50] <Savant> The grenade explodes, but the lip of the damaged elevator ceiling, and the heavy armour that you wear, does an ample job of protecting you all. Knight seems shaken, and his ears ring louder than the others.
[20:52] <Knight> :com: Mother fuc......
[20:52] <Melissa> ::the octopus hunches up as there are explosions behind it and then glares at the two Mordreds::
[20:55] <Knight> ::watches the purple run after tossing the grenade, draws a bead with his carbine and lets lose a burst::
[20:56] <Savant> The GREL seems to have abandoned his shield in order to throw the grenade - he takes Knihts' shots square int he chest and collapses in a spasming, bleeding heap.
[20:57] <Ardelmos> ::drops down out of the shaft and hits the ground, rolling out into the hallway and coming up just alongside Melissa's drone -- he peeks quickly around it, then draws a bead and fires on the last GREL standing::
[20:59] <Savant> The last Mordred ducks down lower and twists, and Roland's laser shot scores stright through, but only digs a trench along his skin.
[21:00] <Gabriel> ::exits the elevator:: Dekarch, hold this position and give me a scan of the immediate area. ::slings his SMG under his arm for the moment, moving to flank the GREL::
[21:03] <Melissa> +com+ Roger that Captain
[21:03] <Gabriel> ::glances up the northern hallway::
[21:04] <Craig> ::drops down into the elevator and move over to roland, taking a laser shot at the last grel::
[21:04] <Savant> Gabriel sees rows of lockers and places to hang space suits and work equipment.
[21:05] <Savant> The shot stabs the Mordred right through the chest and he heaves upwards, but any outburst he makes is hidden by the helmet.
[21:07] <Melissa> ::the octopus raises a Heavy Laser cannon and casually points it at the remaining GREL with a "I'm going to fuck you up" gesture, and fires::
[21:08] <Savant> Said GREL doesn't understand the gesture until the beam of hot red comes lancing out form the barrel of that massive tank-killing gun and burns a hole through his chest big enough for him to fit his head through. He flops over, convincingly dead.
[21:09] <Gabriel> +com+ Well done, people. Scout the bodies. We need BIL power packs and grenades. +com+ Pathfinder, beach-head established. You still alive out there?
[21:09] <Ardelmos> ::rolls to his right and quickly moves to secure the other corridor, pushing himself up against the wall and aiming to the north::
[21:09] <Detro> ::drops down into the elevator car and heads out into the hall
[21:10] <Ardelmos> +com+ Clear left!
[21:10] <Craig> ::starts searching the bodies around his feet::
[21:10] <Thierry> ::Drops down and starts searching the bodies::
[21:10] <Gabriel> +com+ Clear right. Birkin, you're with me. ::swings his SMG back up and scouts the northeast hallway::
[21:10] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::It sounds as if she's speaking through gritted teeth, and she's in obvious pain:: +com+ We're here, Captain. Earthers *everywhere* out here. Busy.
[21:10] <Melissa> ::lowers the gun and proceeds to send out electronic pings and scanning the area::
[21:10] <Ardelmos> ::moves forward down the left corridor, smoothly with his weapon out::
[21:10] <Gabriel> +com+ Stay alive. Clear out if you have to.
[21:11] <Savant> The room is empty of life save the Talons. There are a good thirty, fourty bodies or so - mostly GREL.
[21:11] <Gabriel> ::sees what looks like stairs and grins slightly... stairs in space?:: Looks like a storage room.
[21:12] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::She grunts:: +com+ When are *you* bugging out, Deacon?
[21:12] <Ardelmos> ::backs up to where they came in and takes a concussion grenade off his belt, moving to the door to the stairwell and opening it, peeking ever so slightly in::
[21:13] <Thierry> ::Starts scrounging up supplies from the GREL and then looks to Gabe:: I think we might want to get out of here, ASAP
[21:13] <Savant> The Octopus receives its ping report, and it isn't terribly pretty. The station has a full compliment, and then some. Heat sources in corridors, in rooms nearby. Many are in movement, but those nearby are simply waiting.
[21:13] <Detro> ::to Thierry:: I think we might do better finding the controls for this place's guns and giving them a hand.
[21:13] <Gabriel> +com+ We need to find a way to put this place out of action. If we can verify there are no civilians here, we'll nuke it. Worry about yourselves for the moment, Pathfinder. Strike team out.
[21:14] <Ardelmos> +com+ Captain, I say we just get out of here and nuke it from the black. ::peering down the stairwell::
[21:14] <Melissa> +com+ Umm...bad news ::relays the information to the team::
[21:14] <Ardelmos> +com+ If they're hiding behind civilians, fuck'm.
[21:14] <Knight> +com+ Lets get out and then worry about it.
[21:14] <Thierry> +Com+ As uncomfortable as it is to say this sir, I continue to agree with Roland
[21:15] <Ardelmos> ::receives the data relay from Melissa and scowls -- it was worse than he actually figured -- especially now that the trap had been sprung and the element of surprise was gone::
[21:15] <Knight> +com+ Once we do, we need to figure out how the hell they knew we were comming here... this wasn't some random chance operation.
[21:15] <Gabriel> +com+ People, stay focused. We're not leaving yet. I show two staircases out of here. What's that to the south? A door?
[21:15] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Stay alive, Deacon. We'll stay as long as we can.
[21:16] <Craig> +com+ got 4 BILs here on the human personel, and several rifles with the letters I S F stamped on them
[21:16] <Thierry> ::Grabs up one of the rifles and starts to examine it::
[21:16] <Craig> +com+ they looking like there's from the third fleet as well
[21:17] <Ardelmos> +com+ Squiddy, keep those pings going ::watches the movement on his readout start to fade as the sensor return gets older by the second::
[21:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged. So there are some lead elements here already. That's interesting. Any more grenades?
[21:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Knight, Birkin, booby-trap these stairwells.
[21:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Then we'll check south.
[21:18] <Melissa> ::the drone nods and continues to scan::
[21:18] <Ardelmos> +com+ Two concussion,
[21:18] <Knight> +com+ on it
[21:18] <Thierry> +Com+ I have a full load sir
[21:20] <Thierry> +Com+ Two Concussion, two flash
[21:20] <Detro> +com+ One concussion left here
[21:20] <Gabriel> +com+ Any grenades on the bodies?
[21:20] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::gets busy on the left hand staircase, rigging a satchel charge to blow on pressure on the steps::
[21:21] <Knight> :takes out block of explosives and sets to work::
[21:23] <Savant> Knight pulls the lever of the heavy door leading down into a stairwell - so says the drones' scanners - and the whole thing explodes out at him in a roar of fire and shrapnel.
[21:23] <Knight> +com+Arghhhh....
[21:23] <Gabriel> +com+ Medic!
[21:24] <Thierry> +Com+ On it
[21:24] <Melissa> ::the drone literally blinks and looks over at the explosion::
[21:24] <Craig> +com+ shit!
[21:24] <Thierry> ::Runs over to Knight and pulls him away behind the cover::
[21:26] <Gabriel> ::practically growls, then:: +com+ It seems they had more time to prepare this station than I would have thought possible.
[21:27] <Ardelmos> +com+ Aggie, how long can you hold out out there?
[21:27] <Craig> +com+ how did they even know we were going to hit this place anyway?
[21:27] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::no responce::
[21:28] <Ardelmos> +com+ Jeremi, status update. Do you register the Fury?
[21:28] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Busy! ::pause:: Shit shit shit! whoo! ::another pause:: Yeah, she's there. Riding thunder!
[21:29] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ She's passed out.
[21:29] <Gabriel> +com+ Senior Sergeant, get a hold of yourself and let them keep themselves alive. Even if they're alive out there, they can't hold steady long enough for a pick-up right now. We're on our own for the moment.
[21:29] <Craig> ::curses as he hears aggie's status::
[21:29] <Detro> ::feels the hit, but a quick check shows nothing penetrated his armor... he's relieved.=::
[21:29] <Gabriel> +com+ Unless you relish reboarding the Whipsnake while under fire from multiple starfighters and frames.
[21:29] <Savant> The station shuddered and then groaned as a nuclear blast wave washed over the station.
[21:30] <Thierry> ::Pulls this first aid pack off his belt and starts trying to patch up knight
[21:30] <Craig> ::thinks::+com+ we should try to find out if there are any spacecraft on the station
[21:31] <Detro> +com+ And I think we need to take over the guns and teach the Earthers about what it feels like being hit by them.
[21:31] <Gabriel> +com+ I was just thinking the same thing, Master Sergeant. I'll lay odds that there's at least one Sleipnir docked here somewhere. Maybe even two.
[21:31] <Ardelmos> +com+ We already shot off all the guns.
[21:31] <Gabriel> +com+ Seal those doors as best we can, and let's get moving.
[21:31] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:31] <Savant> nice ending line. Glad I caught it ^_^
[21:31] <Savant> also. Holy shit, guys. Disgusting amount of firepower.
[21:31] <Gabriel> Gabriel's got a little mutiny on his hands.
[21:32] <Thierry> Huh?
[21:32] <Melissa> oh?
[21:32] <Savant> so! There you have it! Comments, questions, concerns?
[21:32] <Ardelmos> Yeah, sorry, I normally agree with what your plans are, but not at all in this case.
[21:32] <Gabriel> I told you this wasn't gonna be no cake-walk. Dress rehearsal for Urchin, I believe I said. Wink
[21:32] <Thierry> Um. Mutiny, what?
[21:32] <Savant> i like it. Go for hte action hero move. Nice ^_-
[21:32] <Melissa> um...I'm still thinking you're "nuts" for wanting to take an Urchin
[21:32] <Gabriel> "Please, Captain? Can we flee? I've peed inside my armor, what."
[21:33] <Detro> "I've SOILED myself!"
[21:33] <Ardelmos> This station has been fortified for the express reason of catching us, and we're going deeper into it.
[21:33] <Thierry> If it was Theirry, maybe. This was roland
[21:33] <Gabriel> Take on? No. Sneak on? Maybe. Wink
[21:33] <Craig> gabriel basically lead us into a trap, some people might have a problem with that:)
[21:33] <Savant> also, I have a question. What do you think of getting your maps like this? I drew it on paper, which is far, far easier for me to do. You'll get more detail and bigger, better maps if I do it this way.
[21:33] <Thierry> You know, if we did shoot him that would leave mem in charge
[21:33] <Gabriel> Bah, what a bunch of pussies. Savant, you've saddled me with a bunch of pussies. Even Chuck Norris is wimping out. Wink
[21:33] <Thierry> Fine with me
[21:33] <Savant> Roland: sun tsu teaches that the best way to deal with a trap is to spring it. But hey, that's the GM talking, there ^_-
[21:33] <Savant> hee
[21:34] <Ardelmos> Chuck Norris doesn't want to get captured again. I'm not breaking you out a second time. Razz}
[21:34] * Savant grins
[21:34] <Gabriel> We're way more motivated than these guys, and we've already caught them by surprise twice.
[21:34] <Gabriel> I'm not over-confident about our chances or anything, but I don't think we're automatically gonna get killed in here.
[21:34] <Melissa> hmm...I think they're just as motivated
[21:34] <Thierry> When Thierry is agreeing with Roland...come on
[21:34] <Gabriel> Let's see who's turning the wheels, and maybe even catch him.
[21:35] <Savant> anyways. No other commentary ont he game? What you liked, or didn't like?
[21:35] <Ardelmos> We have a mole. Don't like.
[21:35] <Gabriel> I thought it was great, myself. Heart-pounding suspense, and it's only gonna get better next week.
[21:35] <Melissa> I love me the Octopus
[21:35] <Knight> I would have prefered an indirect approach =-)
[21:35] <Savant> i
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:35] <Savant> i had no idea whether you were coming down here or if you'd just head upstairs or not, so I had to make two maps. So there's one for space too, which you might get to see
[21:36] <Savant> Octopus is awesome.
[21:36] <Savant> I think you would've liked an approach that didn't get you blowed up ^_-
[21:36] <Knight> But we have to find out how the hell they knew where we were going...
[21:36] <Gabriel> Nah, no mole. They knew we were gonna hit refueling stations. They just garrisoned a half-dozen of them.
[21:36] <Ardelmos> And I still don't understand why we're even boarding these things.
[21:36] <Knight> odds....
[21:36] <Ardelmos> We could've just cut away the braces.
[21:36] <Gabriel> And in two weeks, the place is back in action.
[21:36] <Gabriel> No. We rip the heart out of this place, from the inside.
[21:37] <Melissa> -sigh-
[21:37] <Ardelmos> And how do we do that without killing everyone on it?
[21:37] * Savant grins
[21:37] <Knight> How do we get off it?
[21:37] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:37] <Thierry> Can we just get our XP please
[21:37] <Gabriel> Half a dozen grenades in their control room will be a nice start. Overloading the reactors. Overloading the fuel supply.
[21:37] <Gabriel> Remember, the CEF has a thing for hydrogen-based fuel cells.
[21:37] <LrdVampyre> yeah, currently we do not have a way off of this place
[21:37] <Gabriel> That means there's a big-ass hydrogen supply in here somewhere.
[21:37] <LrdVampyre> this isn't a CEF base
[21:38] <Craig> it supplies the CEF though
[21:38] <Gabriel> I can't imagine the corps do anything much different when their primary fuel is water.
[21:38] <Savant> there's hydrogen in a set of big tanks outside, too.
[21:38] <Gabriel> That means hydrogen-based fuel cell.
[21:38] <Savant> their primary fuel is actually methane. The corps, that is. Though they burn all sorts of volatiles. Whatever they can suck out of Indra or from their asteroids.
[21:39] <Ardelmos> Assuming we can do all that, by the time we're done the Fury is going to either destroyed, or long gone. And the Nukdaes and Frames will be back here -- if not the Urchin or Sleipnirs that were launching them.
[21:39] <Gabriel> Methane under pressure explodes very nicely.
[21:39] <Savant> yup!
[21:39] <Gabriel> ::shrugs:: There's something in here we can fly out. There has to be.
[21:39] <Gabriel> If there are 100 GREL in here, then there's something capable of carrying 100 GREL in here.
[21:39] <Ardelmos> If the Nukdaes and the Frames come back, it won't matter if there's something to fly out or not.
[21:39] <Thierry> Can we discuss this some other time pwease
[21:39] <Gabriel> They've got a bigger fish to fry right now.
[21:39] <Thierry> I need sleep Smile
[21:40] <Craig> yeah XP and sleep sounds good:)
[21:40] <Savant> let's get some XP doled out. This conversation I encourage on the forums and in channel, during the week
[21:40] <Ardelmos> Now, yes. By the time we're done, probably not.
[21:40] <Savant> i will raise my voice on neither side of the argument, obviously.
[21:40] <Savant> so! Who wants XP?
[21:40] <Savant> you've certainly earned it.
[21:40] <Thierry> I do
[21:41] <Craig> me me me!
[21:41] <Savant> 1 for the money, 2 for the show. Give me examples of teamwork.
[21:41] <Gabriel> Give me an example where teamwork didn't happen. It was superb tonight.
[21:41] <Thierry> Um, teaming up to not die before a dozen grel with big guns Smile
[21:42] <Savant> arguing over whether to run or not.
[21:42] <Craig> we pwned the initial ambush:)
[21:42] <Knight> teamwork = all getting on a rope and falling into an elveator shaft
[21:42] <Savant> a well-oiled team does not do this ^_- though I agree with you guys, you did great. And arguing over a plan is sorta what happens in these games.
[21:42] <Gabriel> ::chuckles:: True. Other than that, though, I think everyone worked together very well tonight.
[21:42] <Savant> heh, you sure did that as a team. I loved that part
[21:42] <Savant> yeah, it went very well. For sure, a point for teamwork.
[21:43] <Savant> that's 3 to get ready. Give me examples of how you've furthered the storyline today.
[21:43] <Detro> We've walked into an ambush we knew was likely to be set up.
[21:43] <Gabriel> We learned the lead elements of the Third Fleet are in place already, and the CEF is WAY pissed at us.
[21:43] <Knight> we have the CEF pissed enough to try and wack us
[21:43] <Thierry> We did our part like good little PCs and walked into the trap taht was set for is Razz
[21:43] <Detro> I'd say that's a possible step towards the "Resolution" part of the overall story plot if we aren't careful.
[21:44] <Savant> all fair. I like Detro's ^_-
[21:44] <Gabriel> Check the name of the sim. Wink
[21:44] <Gabriel> Well, the name of the episode, rather.
[21:44] <Savant> that's 4 to go. Five, for combat. six, for a mean situation.
[21:45] <Savant> I'll give you seven if you can tell me how i can make my combats faster and more enjoyable.
[21:45] <LrdVampyre> and i lose two for e-die waste, correct
[21:46] <Gabriel> I suggested it last time. We need to go back to squad activations.
[21:46] <Savant> also, no one commented on the new type of map. Kinda rough, yes, but much, much easier for me to make.
[21:46] <Gabriel> This person-by-person activation is killing us, speed wise.
[21:46] <Savant> let's do that starting next week, then.
[21:46] <Thierry> Well, lets see here, predeclare actions
[21:46] <Gabriel> And yeah, I kinda like the map.
[21:46] <Knight> I say you can speed up combat by have the enemy get high ini and tossing a few nades in amongst us.
[21:46] <Ardelmos> This type of map is fine.
[21:46] <Detro> Map was good. Quicker maps are good
[21:46] <Gabriel> I'll have to see more of it.
[21:46] <Ardelmos> If we go to squad activation, what good is combat sense?
[21:46] <Savant> you will in time ^_- I only drew this bit of it today. Only did this part good, at least. the rest is rough on another page.
[21:46] <Gabriel> Each squad leader would roll it.
[21:46] <Thierry> Hand drawn maps are fine, just as long as the cover and stuff stays clear
[21:47] <Gabriel> Instead of 10 or 11 activations, we'd have 6, at most.
[21:47] <Thierry> Yeah, but that leaves alot of people out of combat
[21:47] <Savant> incidentally, i am drawing my bad guys from the real-life experiences of several PPCLI soldiers whom i've spoken with. So be warned ^_-
[21:47] <Craig> no it doesn't
[21:47] <Gabriel> Not at all. Just means that when Red Team activates, the three of them immediately start shooting.
[21:48] <LrdVampyre> it just means only a couple people rolling initiative
[21:48] <Gabriel> Means fewer init rolls, not as much sorting, not as much waiting.
[21:48] <Thierry> And how does that speed things up?
[21:48] <Thierry> And just as much time debating actions
[21:48] <Savant> if we go to squad actiuvation, i'll be using Combat Sense to keep awareness of enemies, gauge good targets, etc.
[21:48] <Savant> though i see your point, Roland. That's why i've been doing individual combat sense up to this point
[21:48] <Gabriel> And hey, that's my suggestion. Feel free to offer others. Wink
[21:49] <Thierry> I did Smile
[21:49] <Savant> any other suggestions for making them faster or more enjoyable?
[21:49] <Gabriel> It's hard to pre-declare actions, though I generally have a plan A and B ready.
[21:49] <LrdVampyre> i think the combats have been enjoyable
[21:49] <Gabriel> But if you pre-declare that you're gonna shoot bad guy X and bad guy X dies right before you do, there's some time wasted while you think of something else.
[21:50] <Thierry> Yes, but you're thinking about it ahead of time
[21:50] <Savant> very well. Seven experience points for all. Very well handled, guys. Brush up on your unit tactics this week, if you can. I promise you, the CEF is a brutal killing machine, and you're in its lair.
[21:50] <Detro> And if things speed up, you don't have time to think about it ahead of time
[21:50] <Gabriel> We shall slay the monster in its lair and take its shit. Wink
[21:51] <Thierry> 1 0G, 1 SA, 1 PER, 1 AGI, 1 Defense, 1 computers, 1 medicine (CPX)
[21:51] <Savant> heh
[21:51] <Gabriel> Everyone add two grenades to your inventory, please.
[21:51] <Savant> approved, Thierry.
[21:51] <Savant> I'll give you guys a full list of loot tomorrow.
[21:51] <Savant> lots of mangled shit here ^_-
[21:51] <Ardelmos> Well, we have to find a better use for Roland. When I can't even hurt a GREL with a 4 3 roll...well...that's just a plain waste.
[21:51] <Savant> you got a MOS 1 on him. Roland is great, but a mordred in heavy armour is a fricking tank
[21:52] <Craig> craig will definetly pick up one of those rifles and a couple clips as a backup weapon
[21:52] <Detro> Grr. I think both ED were wasted tonight, unless stuff before 3/15 is another arc for ED wastage concerns
[21:52] <Savant> don't be discouraged because you an't one-hit-kill a mordred in heavy armour.
[21:52] <Gabriel> Athletics +1 (ED), Leadership +1 (ED), +1 AGI, +1 PSY, +1 Small Arms, +1 Stealth, +1 CS.
[21:52] <Savant> Roland should be firing after a few others have shot, though. With that sort of a target at least.
[21:52] <Savant> Approved, Gabriel.
[21:52] <Knight> +1 Perception, +1 Fit, +1 AGI, +1 Combat Sense, +1 Small Arms, +1 Defense, +1 to bank
[21:53] <Thierry> PER to +2, Computers to 2/1
[21:53] <Gabriel> What points for Tychon and Birkin?
[21:53] <Savant> approved, Knight.
[21:53] <Ardelmos> Right, but that means all the points I've put into Combat Sense are a waste since I should be going last or near-last anyway.
[21:53] <Savant> I'll be generous and also give them 7, Gabriel.
[21:53] <Gabriel> k
[21:53] <Savant> not at all, Roland. You get a high initiative, you declare a held action, and you wait. Then you can use that action at any point - it's fantastic flexibility.
[21:54] <Thierry> Night y'all
[21:54] <Gabriel> ::nods:: I'd be holding actions a lot more if I were playing Roland.
[21:54] <Savant> night Thierry
[21:54] * Thierry has quit IRC (Quit: )
[21:54] <Savant> but, that seems like it's a wrap. Well done, all!
[21:54] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[18:00] <Detro> ::attn::
[18:00] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:00] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:00] <Ardelmos> ::attn::
[18:00] * Luke has joined #bt05
[18:00] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Luke
[18:00] <Savant> hello and good evening, welcome to another exciting episode of the Black Talons.
[18:01] <Savant> Before I give you your briefing, i have a little bit of a rules related statement to make, and it's regarding combat maneuvers.
[18:01] <Guest8085> ::attn::
[18:01] <Thierry> ::ATTN::
[18:01] <Savant> these are generally for melee or unarmed combat, but there are some for ranged, and i'll be making more as well.
[18:01] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:02] <Savant> i've been asked to provide some by at least one player: you can see what they are on the Wiki: http://talons.mcc3d.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Maneuvers
[18:02] <Savant> no need to do much with them now, but do look at them and see if you're interested in having them in the game
[18:02] <Savant> all that being said, here's a briefing:
[18:02] <Savant> Goliath
[18:02] <Savant> 24 Autumn TN, 0700h - Early-morning
[18:02] <Savant> Gallot Refinery 9, Greater Blessed Asteroid Belt
[18:02] <Savant> -273 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[18:02] <Savant> Three anxious days have passed, but a target has been found. A good one, one that will be a fitting farewell to the Blessed asteroid belts and the missions near Indra orbit. A refinery that is crucial to the operations of Gallot Caprice - a manufacture of automobiles, civillian spacecraft, and, recently, the HT-72 Hovertank.
[18:02] <Savant> So the Talons have made their approach to take out another refinery, a lynchpin in the volatiles extraction operations for Gallot Caprice, one of the biggest corporations in the system. It is a quarter-torus spun about a large hollowed-out asteroid, an impressive facility that won't be torn apart by a few little bombs. But when destruction is concerned, BT05 can usually be called upon to take care of it.
[18:02] <Savant> The CEF's trap has been sprung, the elevator/ locker room cleared, and the Talons face a tough prospect - escaping up the shaft and to the battlezone out in space, or pressing on through the ambush. Neither will be pretty...
[18:02] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:03] <Ardelmos> yack
[18:03] <Thierry> Ack
[18:03] <Detro> ack
[18:03] <Savant> the maptool is obviously being used tonight, you can find it at the usual location.
[18:04] <Guest8085> ack
[18:04] <Savant> i'm ready to field questions.
[18:05] * Guest8085 is now known as Gabriel
[18:05] <Birkin> ack
[18:05] <Thierry> ::Raises::
[18:05] <Detro> ::Raises::
[18:05] <Savant> Thierry?
[18:06] <Thierry> Will Mr. Knight be joining us this evening?
[18:06] <Savant> no, he had to extend his apologies; he won't be here tonight.
[18:06] <Savant> do we have a volunteer to take over his character?
[18:06] <Thierry> I was about to ask Smile
[18:06] <Gabriel> ::nominates Mike::
[18:06] <Savant> go to, Mike.
[18:06] <Savant> gl hf dd
[18:06] <Savant> Detro, question?
[18:06] <Detro> Were you going to mention the new log project for those ignorant of it?
[18:07] <Savant> everyone: there is a new log project, if you are ignorant of it ^_-
[18:07] <Craig> lol
[18:07] <Savant> Craig reminds me; everyone make sure your equipment is updated.
[18:08] <Savant> other questions?
[18:08] <Savant> seems like a no. Everyone ready, i should ask?
[18:08] <Savant> i shall take your silence as an implicit yes.
[18:08] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:09] <Savant> Scant moments have passed, but they've been relatively silent. The search of the room has turned up little beyond the bodies and what thy were carrying.
[18:09] <Ardelmos> ::yanks undetonated frag grenades off of various bodies and clips them back onto his belt, hefting his BIL again and setting up alongside the door:: I don't suppose anybody's got a map?
[18:09] <Gabriel> ::collects some of the grenades and passes the rest of the unclaimed ones to Birkin, then puts his back to the wall near the door:: Master Sergeant, bypass the door. Roland, Birkin, stand ready.
[18:09] <Thierry> ::Goes over to a dead GREL and takes a couple of grenades and his comset, which he holds up:: Anyone else want one?
[18:10] <Gabriel> ::glances at Roland:: We'll have to find a computer terminal. I don't see one in here. ::pulls one of the scramblers out of his pack, activates it, and leaves it by the door::
[18:10] <Birkin> ::stores the gernades with a nod to the Captain, taking the liberty of requisitioning himself the orjenks, or whatever Cheeks used to call it::
[18:11] <Craig> ::picks up a couple frag grenades as well as one of the rifles and some lethal ammo then nodding to tynes and moves to the side of the door, checking for signs of a trap first::
[18:11] <Detro> ::looks around for a data port to hook into::
[18:11] <Ardelmos> ::places himself into a good position to first quickly assess, then if necessary, reveal and fire down the corridor -- he starts whistling the more bombastic portions of WFP's national anthem::
[18:11] * Detro heads over to a stall he spots a data port in and tries to connect in
[18:12] <Thierry> ::Seeing noone else respond, mutes the mike on the CEF comm and puts it in his free ear
[18:12] <Savant> Thierry hears nothing but random static - they've switched to another channel, apparently.
[18:13] <Thierry> ::Starts switching frequencies until he finds the right one::
[18:13] <Gabriel> ::nods at Thierry:: Good idea, Private. Try and monitor their frequency, if you can find it.
[18:14] <Craig> ::turns to birkin:: care to give this the once over for traps boomer?
[18:14] <Thierry> Working on it, but someone who speaks better siberian might want to join me?
[18:14] <Birkin> ::shakes his head having already done it:: Nothing in this room, doors look clean.
[18:14] <Craig> ::nods and starts working on the electronics panel::
[18:14] <Detro> Damn. No power. ::over his shoulder, still fiddling:: Got a data port, but there's no power to it.
[18:14] <Ardelmos> Think I'll keep my helmet ::taps it:: thanks.
[18:15] <Gabriel> The less said about my Siberian, the better. See if you can route it out to the Whipsnake. Maybe the Lieutenant can make something of it.
[18:16] <Ardelmos> I think he's probably busy, boss. ::starts piling GREL corpses in front of his side of the door as sort of a makeshift barricade, should he need it::
[18:16] <Thierry> Once I get the channel, I'll be happy to
[18:17] * dakabn has joined #bt05
[18:17] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[18:17] <Craig> ::plays around with the circuit for a moment before hearing the door crack open::
[18:17] <Craig> ::steps out of the way real quick as well::
[18:17] <Detro> ::hearing the door open, he decides there's no time to go digging in the wall, so shoulders his BIL ::
[18:18] <Ardelmos> ::unclips one of the frag grenades and rolls it over in his hand::
[18:18] <Thierry> ::Curses in French:: Can't seem to find it, anyone else want to give me a hand?
[18:18] <Savant> The airlock doors open, and on the other side - is an airlock. Another door, almost identical, is on the other side. There was a window, but it's since been covered over on the opposite side.
[18:18] <Detro> ::moves up to support those at the door when there's no immediate fire from it::
[18:18] <Ardelmos> ::glances back:: Can you cycle that opposite door without getting up next to it? This airlock's a choke point.
[18:18] <Birkin> Just another glorious day in the Republican Army. ::motions at the Octopus:: We putting that thing first?
[18:19] <Gabriel> Let's get the door open, first. Move up. ::signals::
[18:20] <Ardelmos> ::mutters:: Into the choke point, gotcha. ::rolls into the airlock and forward to the next door, hoping to hell they can't cycle it themselves and cut him off::
[18:20] <Detro> +com+ Anyone got anything sticky we could use to secure a grenade to tht window?
[18:20] <Gabriel> ::waves Thierry over:: Grab one for me. I'll see if I can do something with it.
[18:20] <Gabriel> Master Sergeant, the next door, please.
[18:21] <Birkin> ::points his gernade launcher at door:: Don't get too close now...
[18:21] <Craig> ::looks at the door, then to birkin again::
[18:21] <Thierry> ::Grabs up another comset and hands it to Gabe while making another attempt of his own::
[18:22] <Craig> ::tries to see if he can open the other door from the same circuitboard used for the first::
[18:22] <Birkin> Don't close that door on Roland. If you try to cycle the lock it will close this one wont it?
[18:22] <Ardelmos> Ask him ::thumbs back at Craig::
[18:23] <Gabriel> ::pulls off his own helmet long enough to fit the earpiece and make an attempt at locking in the frequency::
[18:24] <Thierry> I had something for a moment sir. They must be switching channels pretty fast
[18:25] <Thierry> Knight> ::Picks up a comset for himself and starts trying to work out the frequency
[18:25] <Craig> ::shakes head:: it won't let me open that door without closing this first, gimme a moment...
[18:26] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Not even tempting. I'll have Knight blow the door, first.
[18:26] * LrdVampyre has joined #bt05
[18:26] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:26] <Savant> Gabriel and Thierry do their best to pin down the CEF transmissions, but all they ever manage to hear is a brief few seconds before the channel cycles away again.
[18:27] <Ardelmos> Whatever we're doing, let's speed it up a little. ::starts moving his GREL-body barricade forward::
[18:27] <Savant> Meanwhile, Craig is having no luck with the airlock. It's a stubborn door.
[18:27] <Gabriel> ::glances at the covered window:: In fact, that strikes me as highly appropriate. Knight, Birkin, how many satchel charges do you two have left?
[18:27] <Thierry> Knight> ::Fiddles with the CEF comset for a moment and then hears gabe:: You rank sir?
[18:27] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:27] <Detro> ::looks a bit irate::
[18:28] <Birkin> Two sir. And two frame charges
[18:28] <Thierry> <<Rang>>
[18:28] <Thierry> ::Fiddles with the comset again::
[18:28] <Ardelmos> I've still got one frame charge -- doubt it'll penetrate something this thick, though.
[18:28] <Melissa> +com+ Um...perhaps we could use the drone?
[18:29] <Detro> +com+ Whatever we do, we need to do it now and stay on the offensive.
[18:29] <Detro> +com+ The longer we wait, the more we play into their hand.
[18:29] <Gabriel> It'd take the drone quite a while to cut through this, and it'd be obvious as hell what we were doing. Sergeant, believe two satchel charges and a frame charge together would blow the door?
[18:29] <Gabriel> Thank you, Caporal, I'm aware.
[18:29] <Gabriel> <<Sous-Sergeant, even>>
[18:30] <Birkin> ::grimaces:: Yes sir. ::not liking the idea of using up all of their explosives on this but not seeing another way in::
[18:30] <Birkin> <<orrrr not Wink>>
[18:30] <Thierry> Knight> I still have a frame charge sir
[18:30] <Ardelmos> Craig, make sure blowing it out isn't going to cycle the first door automatically.
[18:30] <Savant> The doors' heavy locks tumble down to leave it free to open. Still closed, but no longer a problem
[18:30] <Melissa> ::moves about slightly, looking around::
[18:31] <Craig> ::pops the locking mechanism loose and hears it fall free:: there you go
[18:31] <Gabriel> ::hears the noise:: Never mind. Well done, Master Sergeant. Roland, fall back. Birkin, stand by grenades. Anyone with a flash-bang, get it ready.
[18:31] <Gabriel> ::withdraws one of his own::
[18:31] <Birkin> ::pulls his gernade launcher up and ready::
[18:32] <Ardelmos> ::rolls back out of the airlock, leaving his barricade behind with grenade still in hand::
[18:32] <Melissa> ::looks at the door::
[18:32] <Thierry> ::Levels his BIL at the door::
[18:32] <Craig> ::back away from the door, and swings the BIL around ready::
[18:32] <Detro> ::moves back, BIL ready::
[18:34] <Gabriel> +com+ Melissa, fall back the octopus.
[18:35] <Melissa> +com+ Aye sir, but shouldn't it be opening the door?
[18:35] <Gabriel> ::glances at Craig:: Can you open the door from this panel? If so, get ready.
[18:36] <Craig> ::nods to tynes::
[18:36] <Gabriel> On my mark. 3... 2... 1... ::glances around to make sure everyone's ready:: mark!
[18:36] <Savant> Craig tries to use the keypad to open the door. Nothing happens.
[18:37] <Melissa> ::the drone patiently taps it's "chin"::
[18:37] <Craig> ::frowns then looks at the door::gah, looks like this has to be done manually...
[18:37] <Gabriel> ::nods at Craig:: Very well. +com+ Melissa, use the squddy to open the lock. Recommend you clamp to the ceiling or a wall.
[18:38] <Melissa> +com+ Roger that sir. Was planning on hanging from the ceiling personally
[18:39] <Melissa> ::the drone moves up, arms reaching out to pull itself above the door. The two manipulator arms them move to grasp the door:: +com+ On your mark, sir
[18:39] <Gabriel> ::repeats the count so everyone coordinates their actions::
[18:40] <Ardelmos> ::turns the grenade over in his hand and prepares to throw it as soon as the door's open::
[18:40] <Melissa> :Surprisedn the count of one, the drone pulls on the door::
[18:40] <Craig> ::raises his BIL::
[18:40] <Thierry> ::Both Thierry and Knight aim their BIL's at the door
[18:40] <Detro> ::is still ready to fire::
[18:42] <Savant> Gabriel calls "one" the drone wrenches open the door - which explodes back onto it and into the elevator room. Seconds after that, another explosiuon fills the small chamber and sprays out towards the Talons. Seconds after *that*, a thundering white flash erupts. And then machine guns and lasers begin to pound into the Octopus.
[18:43] <Ardelmos> ::wrenches himself back behind cover as fire and slag blast back outwards -- as the force clears and weaponry begins pounding into the drone, he takes the opportunity to heave his grenade down the corridor::
[18:43] <Thierry> ::Ducks behind the bench::
[18:44] <Gabriel> ::adds his own grenade to the carnage::
[18:44] <Melissa> ::flips the source of the incoming fire the equivalent of four fingers::
[18:44] <Melissa> ::then opens fire::
[18:45] <Savant> The blast rips through the dangling heavy lasers, shearing one of them off entirely
[18:45] <Melissa> ::pauses as the two heavy lasers go off line, one destroyed...the other due to loss of critical fire control components::
[18:48] <Savant> The scene down the hallway is messy. Two chainguns and a scattering of BILs and automatic rifles light up, tearing into the Octopus - it falls down from the ceiling as it suffers a power failiure and goes dead.
[18:49] <Melissa> ::at the control panel on the Fury:: Well, that sucks. ::frowns and slouches slightly in the chair:: They killed my toy...bastards
[18:49] <Gabriel> +com+ Melissa, when Pathfinder can swing close enough, recommend you send the second squiddy in.
[18:50] <Thierry> ::Grunts as the drone explodes and gets ready for payback::
[18:50] <Melissa> +com+ Will try...things are...a circus out here at the moment
[18:55] <Savant> Grenades ring off of metal and explode down the hallway - the Talons can't see through the smoke and fire, but they certainly explode.
[18:55] * dakabn has left #bt05
[18:57] <Detro> ::pulls the concussion grenade from his belt... he can't see what to hit, but angling off the wall beats nothing::
[19:01] <Detro> ::reaches back and gives it a throw... it bounces off the wall and out of his field of vision in the hall::
[19:01] <Savant> Detros' grenade bounces off the far wall and explodes out of his line of sight. Roland can see it splash fire against the wall and rain shrapnel on some prepared Mordred
[19:05] <Craig> ::crouches down and moves behind the cover of the drone and arcs a frag over into the hall::
[19:06] <Thierry> ::Steps over and takes aim at the nearest GREL and then sends a beam from his BIL downrange
[19:08] <Savant> Thierry can see through the smoke that his shot ignites flames on the side of the Mordreds' broad shoulder, but it doesn't seem to slow him. Craig's grenade, however, is far more effective.
[19:10] <Thierry> ::Knight lines up a shot at the nearest GREL and lets loose a lance of energy downrange::
[19:11] <Savant> Knight seems to have Thierry's luck - his shot scores deep into the GRELs armour, burning into his flesh, but doesn't seem to do more than anger him.
[19:13] <Savant> The Mordred, however, don't take this sitting down. They charge forward, slamming up against the wreckage of the burning drone, and use it as a barricade to fire overtop of.
[19:24] * Ardelmos is now known as Fraser
[19:24] * Fraser is now known as Fras|AFK
[19:32] <Savant> Grenades follow the spray of shells from the chain guns, and they explode in the centre of the Talons group, sending them reeling
[19:32] * Fras|AFK is now known as Ardelmos
[19:34] <Craig> ::dives to the ground, feeling the shrapnel pelting his body armor, but otherwise he's alright::+com+ orders captain?
[19:36] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:38] <Gabriel> ::comes out from behind cover, and opens up full auto with his heavy SMG, attacking anything with a support weapon::
[19:38] <Gabriel> Knight, fall back behind the elevator! ::ducks back behind cover::
[19:38] <Savant> Gabriels' attacks, for the most part, hit the armoured hulk of the squid-drone
[19:43] <Ardelmos> ::peeks out and depresses the trigger on the BIL, whipping the beam of the weapon across two of the exposed GREL in a smooth arc::
[19:43] <Gabriel> Keep the pressure on them, Senior Sergeant!
[19:44] <Savant> Roland neatly bisects the skull tops from the heads of the two Mordred with the chainguns, as if he were snipping scissors across a piece of paper. They fall over, very dead. Who knew that Mordreds needed their brains after all?
[19:44] <Ardelmos> ::rises from his kneeling position to get a better bead on the targets hiding behind the octopus and tilts the weapon sideways this time, flicking his wrist upwards to snap the rear end of the BIL to the left while the barrel snapped right::
[19:47] <Savant> The Senior Sergeant does an excellent job of deflating their assault. The two healthy Mordred are beginning to rise up and leap over the hulk of the drone - he sends them back down the other side with holes in their chests
[19:48] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::arcs his grenade launcher a bit to fire over the hulk of the squddy::
[19:48] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::lets fly on full auto::
[19:50] <Thierry> ::Looks at Knight after taking the business end of a second grenade:: +Com+ Cap, Knight doesn't look so good. Want me to pull him out of the fight and patch him up or keep shooting
[19:53] <Savant> Birkin's weapon is certainly the most effective in the match. Though the hall is still obscured by smoke, fire, and debris, down the length of the inferno, the Talons can see several GREL scattered by the stacatto blast of the grenades
[19:57] <Thierry> +Com+ Sir?
[19:58] <Gabriel> Doctor, stay in the fight. I need every gun. Knight, fall back behind the elevator and stand by. Don't get dead.
[19:59] <Thierry> +Com+ Very well sir
[20:00] <Ardelmos> ::peeks out again and fires twice in rapid succession this time instead of drawing the laser across the two targets he had in mind, due to their separation -- he once again fires upon the last of the living Mordreds of the initial assault, then down the hallway at one of the healthy ones::
[20:00] <Thierry> ::Does as ordered and lines up a shot on the nearest vathead::
[20:01] <Savant> The last Mordred in the first assault collapses with a hole in his throat - the second one drops to his knee under the attacks from both Roland and Thierry, but he brings his own rifle up as he does so
[20:03] <Craig> ::takes his last grenade the chucks it over the drone::
[20:05] <Savant> The grenade riccochets off of the drone's hulk - not enought o make it fly back into the room, but enough to deflect it ont the cover of one of the side alcoves. A few GREL get pelted with shrapnel, but most seem to barely even notice.
[20:07] <Gabriel> Knight! Get behind the elevator! Now! Move!
[20:08] <Gabriel> Thierry, help him!
[20:09] <Gabriel> <<delete>>
[20:09] <Gabriel> Master Sergeant, help him!
[20:09] <Thierry> ::Knight does his best to comply, but can barely move at all
[20:11] <Detro> ::seeing the others occupied, he jumps over the bench, grabs Knight, and starts dragging::
[20:16] <Detro> ::gets him around the corner, then posts himself in front of him, raising the BIL to shoot anyone who gets through the door::
[20:17] <Gabriel> ::gets moving across the hall, ducking low and using the nearby wreckage for cover::
[20:17] <Thierry> ::Breathes a sigh of releif as he sees Knight being pulled to safety, just in time too as he feels the shrapnel of another grenade pelt his armor
[20:18] <Savant> Grenades rain down fromt he attacking Mordred as tehy try another assault - the floor in the area is scorched black, warped, shredded, and mangled. Not a place to walk barefoot.
[20:18] <Gabriel> ::lays down suppressing fire on the nearest GREL he can see::
[20:19] <Craig> ::after getting pelted with shrapnel for a second time, craig decides finding cover should be a priority next chance he gets::
[20:19] <Savant> Gabriel clips the closest GREL in the chest, who is staggered by the shot.
[20:19] <Ardelmos> ::has been more or less sheltered by the remains of the 'GREL barricade' he constructed earlier, and has thus far escaped unscathed::
[20:24] * Gabriel has quit IRC (Quit: Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt)
[20:24] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[20:25] * Jester has joined #bt05
[20:25] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
[20:25] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[20:26] <Savant> -=-------- Continue --------=-
[20:26] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::arcs his grenade launcher over the debris and in an admirable show of restraint, fires only one grenade::
[20:28] <Savant> Mordred fall enft and right - many are injured to begin with. When the shock wave passes, only two have the strength to stay upright.
[20:30] <Ardelmos> ::leaps over the remains of the squiddy drone and more or less decapitates the remaining GREL with blasts from his BIL::
[20:31] <Ardelmos> ::stands there briefly and lets the power-pack in his weapon drop to the ground, only 6 of the 15 rounds in it remaining anyway -- he promptly slams a new one in and scoops a replacement from a body::
[20:31] <Gabriel> Thierry, see to Knight. ::moves that way himself to help::
[20:31] <Ardelmos> ::reaches down and yanks off a communicator from one of the dead bodies, fiddling with it::
[20:31] <Gabriel> Birkin, Detro, Roland, advance 50 meters, let us know if more bad guys are coming.
[20:31] <Thierry> ::Was already moving towards Knight, First Aid kit being torn off his belt
[20:32] <Gabriel> Craig, police the bodies for more grenades. We're going to need them.
[20:32] <Detro> ::has to race to catch up to the others::
[20:32] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ ::Crackling:: Taking heavy fire, Assault! I see ships incoming at high speed - how much longer?
[20:32] <Craig> ::moves up and nods to tynes before starting his search::
[20:33] <Gabriel> +com+ Pathfinder, retreat if you have to. This many troops and civvies, there has to be a way off for them besides the airlocks. Will check in in ten minutes.
[20:34] <Savant> Roland hears over the GREL's radio, in heavily accented siberian - a Kassandra's voice:: Stage one breached, stage two prepared. Sigma-gamma-theta. ::And then the line goes dead.::
[20:34] <Detro> ::eyes the door at the end of the hall -- could that one be trapped as well?
[20:35] <Ardelmos> ::advances forward, still fiddling with the communicator as he catches a few moments of Siberian -- he looks back over his shoulder and calls out:: This was apparently just stage one, Captain. ::glances between Detro and Thierry:: One what frequencies did you pick up chatter, and for how long? ::notes the frequency that he picked up the chatter from::
[20:35] <Gabriel> ::withdraws his own first aid kit and stands ready to be Thierry's nurse::
[20:35] <Savant> This corridor is long and broad - clearly made for moving large groups of people to the airlocks and elevators. The two side doors say that they are dormitories, but the doors have been welded and barred shut - it will take a lot of work to get through them.
[20:35] <Ardelmos> <<On what>>
[20:35] <Thierry> ::Starts working on Knight while looking at Gabe:: Not sure if we can take another one
[20:36] <Gabriel> ::nods at Thierry:: +com+ Dekarch Childs, one way or another, we're going to need that second squiddy in here.
[20:38] <Ardelmos> ::glances at all the communicators littering the ground on the dead bodies -- some lying off by themselves where the head which bore it was no longer in one piece -- and wonders what would happen if they went ahead and just turned them all to 'transmit' in an attempt to overload the frequencies::
[20:38] <Detro> +com+ Doesn't look like I got anything.
[20:38] <Craig> ::picks up what nades he could find:: +com+ got 3 frag, and 2 concussion here ::starts checking for anything else that could be usefull::
[20:38] <Savant> Fires burn, and the air is thick with smoke, but there's little movement other than the Talons. Some of the Mordred groan and twitch, but they don't have much fight left in them.
[20:38] <Melissa> +com+ I'm going to let the pilot dictate that, but I'll have the octopus ready
[20:38] <Thierry> We're one gun down, short on ammo, and it seems like there's plenty more GREL.
[20:39] <Gabriel> Thank you for your military judgment. +com+ Pick me a door, Senior Sergeant. Preferably one that gets us off the springer trail.
[20:40] <Gabriel> +com+ Very good, Dekarch. We've got an injured man at the bottom of the elevator shaft.
[20:40] <Detro> ::then spots the OTHER two doors...:: Great. The Lady and the Dawg... and... the other Dawg.
[20:40] <Melissa> +com+ Understood, sir
[20:40] <Gabriel> Doctor, will he be OK if we move on?
[20:40] <Gabriel> If so, gather your gear and let's move. Private Knight, stay alive. Your evac's coming.
[20:41] <Detro> ::edges closer to the nearest door, keeping an eye out for obvious traps::
[20:41] <Gabriel> ::leaves the elevator room, heading down the hall to join Roland and the others::
[20:41] <Thierry> He's still probably bleeding internally, but yeah, he'll live ::Gathers up his gear and checks his weapons::
[20:42] <Ardelmos> ::grunts and tosses the communicator under his boot, glancing at the remainder of the doors:: Well....they obviously want us to go through the middle, but these barracks doors are probably going to take most of what we've got left in terms of explosives to open.
[20:43] <Gabriel> ::nods at Roland:: We use them. We're leaving the springer trail. Birkin, go back and get Knight's explosives. We'll use them all, right here.
[20:43] <Ardelmos> ::pulls a scrambler out of a pocket, activates the magnetic grapple, and tosses it down the hallway onto the doorway at the end of it::
[20:43] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::nods and goes back and collects what Knight has left in the way of explosives and grenades::
[20:43] <Thierry> ::Tries the CEF Comset again
[20:44] <Detro> ::hugs the wall next to the "east" door::
[20:45] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::returns and starts running the frame charge around the welds on the west door::
[20:45] <Craig> ::picks up one of the chainguns and looks it over closer before grabbing what was left of the ammo from the second one and dropping the pacification rifle::
[20:45] <Gabriel> Everyone, once we're ready, fall back behind the squiddy wreckage.
[20:46] <Detro> ::covers Birkin::
[20:46] <Ardelmos> ::idly wonders whether the detonation will set off whatever traps are behind the second door as he grabs another couple of communicators and begins going through them one-by-one on different frequencies as he moves back to the wreckage::
[20:47] <Craig> ::moves back to the squiddy and waits::
[20:47] <Thierry> ::Takes cover as orderd while murmmering a brief prayer::
[20:48] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::stands up:: Ready. ::falls back himself, running optical line back to a demo box near the squiddy wreckage::
[20:48] <Gabriel> ::falls back with Birkin::
[20:48] <Gabriel> Birkin> Fire in the hole! ::twists the lever::
[20:48] <Savant> Roland gets another phase or two over the radio as it rolls through its sequence: "-ving down the corridor - at the barracks d-" "-y're moving off the course. 105,106, move to eng-"
[20:49] <Ardelmos> ::just before the explosion goes off:: They know where we're going ::covers his ears::
[20:50] <Gabriel> ::nods:: But we're pushing them off balance, either way.
[20:50] <Gabriel> ::looks around at the others:: Get ready to move!
[20:50] <Savant> The door explodes open into the room beyond - impossible to tell what's going on in there, but smoke billows out form the door along with the sound of a few screams.
[20:51] <Gabriel> Move move move!
[20:51] <Gabriel> ::runs toward the door::
[20:51] <Ardelmos> ::bolts::
[20:51] <Detro> ::dashes::
[20:51] <Gabriel> ::runs past the wreckage of the door, then uses the doorframe for cover, sweeping the room with his SMG::
[20:51] <Thierry> ::Sprints towards the door::
[20:51] <Craig> ::pushes ahead, barrel of the chaingun forward, BIL slung over his shoulder::
[20:52] <Ardelmos> ::moves in alongside Tynes -- the screams emanating from the area told him all he needed to know::
[20:53] <Savant> The Talons sweep up to the entrance of a large crew lounge. Several of the worlers lay dead on the floor - they were too close to the door and were hit by the twisted shrapnel. The others are all pressed into the far corner behind overturned tables and chairs.
[20:53] <Thierry> ::Stays back a bit. He can't heal anyone if he's dead::
[20:53] <Gabriel> ::moves into the room proper, ready to nail anyone who even looks like he has a weapon:: Who's in charge! Speak up!
[20:54] <Ardelmos> ::glances around at the workers and their attire, then slings his BIL and draws his pistols::
[20:54] <Savant> After a few moments, the snarling Captain Tynes and his horde of minions gets a responce. A man stands up, trembling - very clearly terrified
[20:54] <Thierry> ::Frowns a bit when he sees they've killed civilians, but says nothing. It would have been them otherwise...probably::
[20:55] <Gabriel> You, over here. ::points near himself:: Map, computer terminal, number of keffs on the station, in that order, hurry! We don't want to hurt any civilians.
[20:56] <Thierry> And location of transports ::figures Gabe meant to add that one in there::
[20:56] <Gabriel> ::nods at Thierry and turns back to the man:: That too. Speak up.
[20:56] <Savant> Man> ::He's still shaking, almost paralyzed with fear, but he forces himself to speak. His voice croaks:: Th-hey cut off my computer access, sir. There's a terminal there ::he points at a broad set of screens along the wall::
[20:56] <Detro> ::scans the corridor again, trying to spot any cameras or sensors... but finds nothing. And now, civilians. This was just getting worse by the minute.
[20:57] <Gabriel> Craig, get on that! Number of keffs, any transport off this rock, general layout, what's your emergency plan?
[20:57] <Gabriel> Roland, cover Craig.
[20:57] <Gabriel> Detro, help Craig.
[20:57] <Savant> Man> Th-there's about... a hundred... maybe. We didn't see them all. Th-there's escape craft. They came in their shuttles, sir. I d-dn't know if they're still here.
[20:57] <Detro> +com+ On it.
[20:58] <Gabriel> Did the shuttles dock at the airlocks, or are there more launch facilities deeper in the station?
[20:58] <Ardelmos> ::grunts and begins walking slowly and in a calculated manner over to the bank of computers, and smirks to himself -- he vaguely wondered whether Tynes might consider arming all these guys with the non-lethal weaponry still sitting out in the corridor and sending them to attack the remainder of the CEF force::
[20:58] <Thierry> ::Looks to see if there are any wounded, well, ones he can help::
[20:58] <Savant> Man> ::he pulls back, cringing - clearly just from the shock of the afternoon:: At the hub, at the hub. Almost impossible to dock on the hab.
[20:58] <Craig> ::walks into the room, at first with the chaingun raise, then lowers it to get to work on the terminal::
[20:59] <Ardelmos> ::mutters:: Greaaaaaat.
[20:59] <Gabriel> If the hub exploded, what's your emergency plan? Stay on this rock and die? Or are there escape vehicles?
[20:59] <Detro> ::watches over Craig's shoulder::
[20:59] <Thierry> ::Goes over to one of the wounded, lowering his BIL:: I'm a doctor, let me help
[21:00] <Savant> Man> N-no! There are escape shuttles. Down tw-two decks. ::he licks his lips - he knows he's a dead man if the CEF win, since he's helping the Talons:: They rigged them to blow.
[21:01] <Thierry> ::Looks over his shoulder:: Well that's good to know
[21:01] <Ardelmos> ::eyes the man carefully from his perch beside Craig and glances at the others in the room, then at Tynes -- he points at the mass of people, then mimes the pump action of a shotgun::
[21:01] <Gabriel> Have they now. Well, in about 15 minutes, if all goes well, your lives are going to depend on the ability of your best engineers to change all that.
[21:01] <Gabriel> How many of these escape shuttles are there?
[21:02] <Savant> Man> ::swallows:: Enough for ever- enough for the crew. There's five.
[21:03] <Gabriel> Good. The keffs are going to be far more worried about us than you. Get your people together and get moving in that direction. Now.
[21:03] <Craig> ::types away for a little bit but shakes his head:: i can't get very far from here, mem would probably have better luck if he was here...
[21:03] <Gabriel> ::grabs the man's wrist before he can leave:: Emergency maps of the facility, sketch us a map, or you can stay with us.
[21:03] <Savant> The woman Thierry's found is sprawled out on her back, and bleeding from several deep cuts across her soot-covered body. She was too close to the blast
[21:04] <Savant> Man> ::his eyes go wide and he nods - he'd much rather draw the map, so he pulls out a pad of paper and draws frantically::
[21:04] <Thierry> :: Starts working on the cuts, at least trying to do enough to stop the bleeding and prevent immeidate infepction::
[21:05] <Thierry> There, that should help some.
[21:06] <Savant> Woman> ::groans quietly, still entirely dazed::
[21:06] <Thierry> ::Whispers quietly:: May the Prophet guide us all
[21:06] <Gabriel> Very practical and reasonable of you. ::nods at Craig:: Thank you for trying, Master Sergeant.
[21:07] <Detro> +com+ What I'd give for a nice simple "off" switch for the power systems in this place.
[21:07] <Savant> Back out in the hall, the "southern" doorway blasts open. The CEF isn't about to let the Talons get back on their feet.
[21:07] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:07] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[21:07] <Detro> ::attn::
[21:07] <Ardelmos> ::attn::
[21:07] <Melissa> ::attn::
[21:08] <Ardelmos> Uhhh....
[21:08] <Ardelmos> Is that really fair, considering we didn't know what the room looked like or what entrance points, if any, there were?
[21:08] <Savant> no, in the hallway.
[21:08] <Ardelmos> Ah, right
[21:08] <Savant> i'll let you position yourselves appropriately, dont' worry.
[21:09] <Savant> and there we go! I hope you see why the CEF is scary now.
[21:09] <Savant> Any questions or comments?
[21:09] <Gabriel> Nope, fun stuff.
[21:10] <Savant> after this fight we will talk about the idea of switching to squads for initiative. I'm really ambivalent on the idea
[21:10] <Thierry> I'm sending CavSvout a PM with what happened to Knight
[21:10] <Savant> thanks, Thierry.
[21:11] <Craig> make sure to tell him lemon pretty much had it out for all of us this time
[21:11] <Savant> anyways, who would like some experience?
[21:11] <Melissa> sounds tasty
[21:11] <Savant> i think you've earned it.
[21:11] <Gabriel> Yes, please.
[21:11] <Craig> oh yeah XP
[21:11] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:12] <Savant> 1 for the money, two for the show. Tell me how you acted as a team today.
[21:12] <Gabriel> We. Didn't. Die.
[21:12] <Gabriel> Wink
[21:12] <Detro> Scoop. And. Run
[21:12] <Savant> i know! I tried so very hard, too 6_-
[21:12] <LrdVampyre> i blowed up really good Sad
[21:12] <Savant> yeah, sorry Dave
[21:12] <Thierry> YEah,we did pretty good team wise to not die. Pulling Knight to safety, etc
[21:12] <Savant> i'll let you tear into the station in a bit here
[21:13] <LrdVampyre> no worries
[21:13] <Detro> Roland and Birkin saved our asses. Again.
[21:13] <Ardelmos> What the heck is the body count so far?
[21:13] <Gabriel> 35-ish.
[21:13] <Savant> damn high.
[21:14] <Thierry> Right around 30 I think
[21:14] <Savant> also - god damn, Craig! You are a frickin ox!
[21:14] <Craig> there was 14 this time
[21:14] <Ardelmos> Soooooo we're about a third through their guys.
[21:14] <Gabriel> At least. I doubt all 100 of theirs are combatants.
[21:14] <Ardelmos> Soon to be...maybe...half. ::looks at corridor:: Wink
[21:14] <Gabriel> There are Isaacs and Kassandras and whatever the medical GREL is called.
[21:14] <Thierry> We're going to have to get creative here
[21:14] <Savant> Isabelle
[21:15] <Ardelmos> That was stage one, btw.
[21:15] <Gabriel> When we start seeing a few Morganas and Jans, we'll know we're at their chewy core troops.
[21:15] <Thierry> Ooh, a girl MedGrel ::Thierry swoons::
[21:15] <Savant> .. yeah, cause Morganas are chewy ^_-
[21:15] <Ardelmos> I don't want to see Morganas. Wink
[21:15] <Savant> i'll keep their tokens hidden, then
[21:15] <Ardelmos> We could barely kill three of them, let alone a squad. Razz
[21:15] <Gabriel> There probably aren't very many, but there's surely more than one.
[21:16] <Thierry> We weren't terribly well armed nor armored that time
[21:16] <Gabriel> Anyway, point isn't to kill everyone. Point is to keep moving toward a control center, blow it up, get as much of the station as we can to blow itself up, take one of these escape shuttles, leave.
[21:16] <Gabriel> Battles at this point are incidental, pointless, and dangerous.
[21:16] <Gabriel> I'd prefer to have as few as possible now that we're off their prepared path.
[21:16] <Thierry> Well, deactivate the booby trap, leave
[21:16] <Savant> all this says teamwork to me ^_- That's 3 experience. Tell me how you furthered the storyline today.
[21:17] <Savant> "kiled bad guys" doesn't count
[21:17] <Detro> [23:12:20] <Gabriel> We. Didn't. Die.
[21:17] <Ardelmos> We. Didn'....yeah
[21:17] <Savant> neither does "we got down the hall"
[21:17] <Craig> we found civvies
[21:17] <Thierry> Well, we did find out a little more about their plan from the civvie that was about to pee himself
[21:17] <Gabriel> We're learning their defensive tactics. Which are surprisingly unsophisticated.
[21:17] <LrdVampyre> no, we blew civvies up Wink
[21:17] <Gabriel> Which isn't terribly surprising, but is at least reassuring.
[21:18] <Gabriel> They're semi-OK if they can fortify, and I'm betting they're terrible at defense-in-depth.
[21:18] <Gabriel> It just isn't their thinking.
[21:18] <Thierry> We also found out Gabe is tactically outmatched by our adversary Smile
[21:18] <Gabriel> He is? ::smirks:: If you say so. I'd say Gabriel has his counterpart on the run at this point.
[21:19] <Craig> hehe
[21:19] <Thierry> Veda's Leadership is what, a 4/4 +3 or so?
[21:19] <Ardelmos> Assuming the Fury survives.
[21:19] <Gabriel> I should be reacting to him, and I'm not. I'm making him react to me. That's called initiative, and Gabriel's got it firmly in his teeth now.
[21:19] <Thierry> But we ain't out yet
[21:19] <Savant> Veda's a 6/5 +various. Veda's not here.
[21:20] <Thierry> True enough. Anywho
[21:20] <Craig> moving on
[21:20] <Savant> that's 4 points. 5 for a combat. 6 for a tough combat.
[21:20] <Savant> I'll make it a 7 if you tell me something you've learned about one of the other characters int he group over the last story arc: the "Friends of Enemies" arc.
[21:20] <Craig> 7 for surviving lousy lemon rolls?Smile
[21:20] <Detro> You're not making him react to you so long as we're confined on the station.
[21:21] <Ardelmos> Didn't you already ask that question?
[21:21] <Savant> don't think so, did I?
[21:21] <Thierry> I've learned that Thierry isn't the only one with a moral center
[21:21] <Thierry> Which is refreshing
[21:21] <Craig> other characters mike
[21:21] <Savant> someone elses' character. and be specific about who you're talking about ^_-
[21:21] <Thierry> I was talking about Melissa Smile
[21:22] <Detro> I've learned to never get on Birkin's bad side when he has a grenade launcher.
[21:22] <Gabriel> Detro's excellent at inter-personal stuff. Gabriel's gonna put him to work on that as soon as there's inter-personal stuff to do.
[21:22] <Ardelmos> Craig is excellent at soaking up damage. Wink
[21:22] <LrdVampyre> gabriel is determined
[21:22] <Thierry> To rephrase: I've discovered that it seems like Melissa has more moral fiber than the rest of the team combined
[21:23] <Craig> roland's excellent and slicing up grel heads:)
[21:23] <LrdVampyre> she's a humanist
[21:23] <Savant> Seven experience. I suggest that you all continue talking about what you like or dislike or notice about each others' characters ^_- Well done all!
[21:23] <Thierry> And Thierry's a badlander Razz
[21:23] <Savant> i'll have a full map for you soon enough.
[21:23] <Thierry> Well...y'all think he's a badlander
[21:23] <Gabriel> +1 AGI (spent), +1 CS (ED), +1 SmallArms (ED), +1 Stealth (XP), +1 PSY (XP), +1 HG/Dueling, +1 Sleight of Hand
[21:24] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[20:15] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[20:15] * Savant sets mode: +m
[20:15] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[20:15] * Gabriel has joined #bt05
[20:15] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
[20:15] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[20:15] <Detro> ::Attn::
[20:16] <Melissa> ::attn::
[20:16] <Thierry> :ATTN:
[20:16] <Craig> ::attn::
[20:17] <Savant> good evening and welcome to all of you. Sorry for the terrible delay. I will purchase an emergency generator and a tower in the wireless communication network next time I am at Home Depot.
[20:17] <Gabriel> ::grins::
[20:17] * Detro hands Savant a sarium-krellide power cell
[20:17] <Mem> ::attn:: (Sorry)
[20:17] <Detro> Maiko told me to give that to you. ::Returns to attention:
[20:18] <Savant> my laptop had power. The router did not ^_-
[20:18] <Gabriel> A router will run 2+ hours on a 600VA UPS. Ask me how I know this. Wink
[20:18] * Savant grins
[20:18] <Craig> lol
[20:18] <Thierry> Experience I suppose Razz
[20:18] <Savant> i'm pretty sure the modem didn't run either.
[20:18] <Detro> I tested my UPS today at work. I have a server UPS powering my office. I don't need to ask. ;D
[20:19] <Savant> anyways. This will be short but hopefully will get you guys off of this station and back into the black.
[20:20] <Savant> Goliath
[20:20] <Savant> 24 Autumn TN, 0700h - Early-morning
[20:20] <Savant> Gallot Refinery 9, Greater Blessed Asteroid Belt
[20:20] <Savant> -273 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[20:20] <Savant> Three anxious days have passed, but a target has been found. A good one, one that will be a fitting farewell to the Blessed asteroid belts and the missions near Indra orbit. A refinery that is crucial to the operations of Gallot Caprice - a manufacture of automobiles, civillian spacecraft, and, recently, the HT-72 Hovertank.
[20:20] <Savant> So the Talons have made their approach to take out another refinery, a lynchpin in the volatiles extraction operations for Gallot Caprice, one of the biggest corporations in the system. It is a quarter-torus spun about a large hollowed-out asteroid, an impressive facility that won't be torn apart by a few little bombs. But when destruction is concerned, BT05 can usually be called upon to take care of it.
[20:20] <Savant> The CEF's trap has been sprung, the elevator/ locker room cleared, and the Talons face a tough prospect - escaping up the shaft and to the battlezone out in space, or pressing on through the ambush. Neither will be pretty...
[20:20] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[20:20] <Gabriel> ack
[20:20] <Detro> ack
[20:20] <Thierry> bACK to black
[20:20] <Melissa> ack
[20:20] <Savant> i'm ready to field questions.
[20:20] <Gabriel> None here.
[20:21] <Thierry> nada
[20:21] <Savant> also, before I press the "go" button, I'm going to want a Defense/PSY cpx 1 roll. When i've gotten those from everyone I'll ask for some HEA rolls
[20:21] <Gabriel> Cpx on Defense?
[20:21] <Craig> ack
[20:22] <Craig> i don't need to do those, i'm not in the room;)
[20:22] <Savant> that's correct. It's vs a threshold after all.
[20:27] <Savant> okay. No questions now, it looks like, so we can get this sewn up.
[20:27] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[20:28] <Craig> ::still laying on the lounge floor with the beast of a drone looming over::
[20:28] <Savant> ... There's a deafening explosion, and suddenly the room is filled with a white, choking gas. Fortunately the heavy armour has few gaps, and only Roland seems affected by it - he starts to cough and double up
[20:28] <Detro> ::shakes the blow off and turns his attention back to the console:: This game ends NOW! ::starts hunting for a way to overload the station's comm systems, hopefully knocking their relays out::
[20:29] <Gabriel> Prophet wept. ::moves to assist Roland:: +com+ Move it for the escape hatch!
[20:29] <Gabriel> ::turns off his comm system, then gives the hand signal for "cancel that order!" to everyone, hoping on the fog in the room to obscure any remaining cameras::
[20:29] <Melissa> Fury> ::sits at the terminal, working on something...it looks almost as if she is playing a 3-D version of pacman, though the maze keeps shifting and it doesn't look like she's trying to eat all the pellets::
[20:30] <Thierry> +Com+ Aye sir ::Nods to the non verbal command::
[20:30] <Savant> The room is a wreck now, torn and destroyed by the blast, but many of the consoles still seem to function. From what anyone can see - the room's still filled with the noxious gas
[20:30] <Mem> Whip> ::scans the station for signs of progress::
[20:30] <Gabriel> ::indicates Detro should hurry up with what he's doing and passes Roland to Birkin to evacuate, pointing the others in the same direction, out the same way we came in::
[20:30] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::grabs Roland and helps him out the door::
[20:31] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Whipsnake> ::Fighting with the controls, burning mad spirals around the station and through the asteroids:: Lieutenant! We can't hold on out here much longer!
[20:31] <Thierry> ::Tries to do a quick patch job on his suit::
[20:31] <Gabriel> ::waves Tychon after Birkin and heads for Detro, setting the faceplate of his helmet against Detro's:: Status!
[20:31] <Mem> Whipsnake> We go until you read bingo fuel, or know you can't maneuver any longer.
[20:31] * Tankero has joined #bt05
[20:32] <Savant> In the lounge, The drone in front of Craig and Knight lifts its' cannons and seems about to do something, but freezes instead.
[20:33] <Gabriel> ::pulls out the comm set Thierry gave him and checks it::
[20:33] <Melissa> Fury> ::leans back in the chair:: Blow my toys up...I really don't think so. Not this time.
[20:33] <Detro> ::fingers spinning at a mad speed::
[20:33] <Detro> ::doesn't speak on the comm, letting the helmet transmit the sound:: Trying to shut down the station comms. Might get us access to a drone!
[20:34] <Craig> ::hears the drone start moving then stop, he turns is head slightly to see what's going on::
[20:34] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> W> Yessir, but - well, it's hard to know :: Pauses to wrench on the stick:: exactly when you're out of maneuver room, when y- ::wrenches again:: when you're dodging nukes.
[20:34] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Overload the comm system entirely if you have to and we'll take manual control of the drone. It only has to work in a kilometer or so of range, and only for a few minutes.
[20:34] <Savant> Gabriel reads static - the Earthers have switched to another communication channel set.
[20:34] <Detro> Trying that, but these guys are good. Get someone on another console to help me out.
[20:34] <Thierry> ::Seals his suit back up and picks back up his weapon, loading a fresh clip into the BIL::
[20:35] <Gabriel> ::attempts to retrace the CEF frequency::
[20:35] <Thierry> We'd need Roland
[20:36] <Melissa> Drone>::subtly flashes Craig three fingers, then 2, then...1, before twirling its cannons around at the other drones::
[20:36] <Melissa> Fury> Suck ceramic death, squid heads! ::pulls the triggers::
[20:37] <Gabriel> ::gets on the other console and attempts to assist Detro::
[20:37] <Thierry> ::Heads for a console to try to help Detro out::
[20:37] <Savant> CEF> [Siberian] "-ve lost contact with the command centre, sir." "I can see that, Corporal." "Shall I engage the terminal option?" "Mm. No. I never wanted to sacrifice the civillians on board. Get the rest of the drones in there. Call the frames into close pattern near the station."
[20:37] <Craig> ::smiles and rolls behind away from the door grabbing his BIL again::
[20:37] <Gabriel> ::grim:: Let's hurry. What do you want me to do.
[20:38] <Detro> ::as he types:: Overload it somehow, but we have to get past the vatheads protecting it.
[20:38] <Thierry> I'll try, but I'm no Kass
[20:38] <Gabriel> ::concentrates on just trying to block anyone "attacking" Detro's efforts::
[20:39] <Thierry> ::Tries his best to help take control::
[20:39] <Mem> Whipsnake> "Terminal option"? They've got the whole thing rigged to blow? ::clenches his teeth on a sharp maneuver:: Would be unfortunate if this happened prematurely. ::glances at the computer::
[20:40] <Savant> With Detro and Tynes working together, the two start making progress. The stations' powerful communications suite throws up some impressive jamming waves, blanketing the local kilometers in white noise. A good number of the drones switch to automatic mode.
[20:40] <Gabriel> +com+ Mem, I need ECM, set to disrupt computer controls, near the hub of the station, as fast as you can give it to me.
[20:40] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> [W] ::Grunts as he hits the throttle, and both he and Mem are shoved back into their seats hard:: ... tell me about it ...
[20:41] <Melissa> ::over the drone's speakers:: I'm in your machine stealing your toys!
[20:41] <Gabriel> ::waves Detro and Thierry toward the exit:: C'mon, let's move.
[20:42] <Gabriel> ::hurries toward the exit, switching to the BIL and bringing it up::
[20:42] <Detro> ::nods, picking up the tazer and heading to the exit with Tynes::
[20:42] <Savant> Moments later, the rest of the drones shut down to automatic, and the computer systems along the rest of the station shut down entirely - to the point where there's nothing but emergency power and life support.
[20:42] <Thierry> ::Taps in one last command and follows Tynes:: Don't have to tell me twice
[20:42] <Craig> ::as the drone under melissa's control starts shooting, he too ducks back into the doorway and takes a shot at one::how's that for payback?
[20:42] <Detro> +com+ We'd better get moving. They could have rigged a self-destruct system to go off if we took out the main systems.
[20:42] <Thierry> I hope Craig and Knight are OK
[20:42] <Savant> Down the hall there's a terrific explosion as Craig and the captured Octopus drone blast into the newly-mindless CEF drones. Some more are starting to come down the shaft, but they're on preprogrammed commands, it's apparent.
[20:42] <Mem> +com+ Yeah, ECM incoming.
[20:43] <Gabriel> We'll soon know. ::picks it up to a run::
[20:43] <Gabriel> Tychon> ::runs out after the others, changing magazines on his SMG::
[20:43] <Melissa> Drone> ::picks up the remains of one, tossing it into the corridor before moving out behind the new cover::
[20:44] <Craig> ::pats on melissa's new drone:: cover me, i'll go check on the others
[20:44] <Mem> Whipsnake> ::uses the ECM as Tynes requested, directed at the station's main computer::
[20:44] <Melissa> Drone>::nods and fires at the incoming targets::
[20:45] <Savant> Melissa is met with a few blasts from laser cannons deeper in the elevator room as the drone advances
[20:45] <Detro> ::vaults over the hole through the security center::
[20:45] <Thierry> ::Follows Tynes, BIL Ready::
[20:45] <Gabriel> ::checks the grenades he has left and grins at the sleep gas ones:: Well, not exactly what they were intended for. ::pulls them out::
[20:45] <Detro> <<err, -over +through>>
[20:45] <Savant> Behind, Craig can first hear, then see, the other Talons approaching.
[20:46] <Thierry> ::Pulls out concussion grenade and offers it to Tynes:: This one should still work
[20:46] <Gabriel> Detro, we need a ride. ::tosses both sleep gas grenades, more interested in their obscurement effects than putting anyone to sleep::
[20:46] <Melissa> Fury> You know...frag cannons are nice...gatling lasers would be cool...a veritable wall of green light. Hmm...that gives me some ideas
[20:46] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Fury> ::grunts from his chair:: Hope it's good enough to get us out of this.
[20:47] <Craig> ::turns to run towards the security centre but stops when he sees detro and the others coming through:: +com+ you're a sight for sore eyes
[20:47] <Savant> At this point the Talons have managed to put up a very effective wall of ECM and static. However, the CEF has very, very good drone controllers, and some very impressive communications suites as well. This won't last for long.
[20:47] <Mem> +com+ Captain, the station is rigged to self-destruct, with you and the civvies on board. They don't sound ready to do this, though, and I'd really like to get you out of there before that can happen. You also have incoming frames.
[20:48] <Thierry> ::Looks to Craig:: Glad to see you made it. Didn't want to lose a man on my first command
[20:48] <Melissa> Drone> ::ducks and weaves, trying to avoid the incoming fire before returning more of its own::
[20:48] <Gabriel> +com+ We're leaving, right now. Prep both remaining seekers and three Skags. Launch them when ready, intended for harrassment and to cover our escape.
[20:48] <Thierry> ::Turns and lines up a shot on the nearest bad drone::
[20:49] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> W> Er... Lieutenant? We've already *launched* the seekers.
[20:49] <Mem> +com+ Yep. ::is all he can manage in response as they make another high-G turn, and he flips the switches and prepares to launch the Skags::
[20:49] <Craig> ::looks at thierry:: +com+ we still have Knight to worry about, wanna give him another look over to make sure it's safe to move him?
[20:49] <Savant> The grenade pop off and suddenly the whole wrecked corridor is full of white gas. It's a good thing you're all in sealed suits.
[20:50] <Thierry> ::Shakes his head:: Safe or not we have to move him. I'll put him back together on the fury
[20:50] <Mem> ::through his headset to the front seat:: Almost done here, corporal. Just a few more fancy moves.
[20:51] <Thierry> ::Goes into get Knight off the couch and motions for Craig to join him after giving him a quick once over::
[20:51] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Birkin, Tychon, grab Knight. Thierry, check everyone's suits for gaps.
[20:51] <Detro> ::unlatches a side compartment on the data glove and unreels a short length of interface cable, letting it dangle... the tazer goes in a leg holster... he takes a few breaths, then tears off running into the hall, aiming for the nearest drone with its back to him::
[20:51] <Mem> Whipsnake> Skags armed. ::logs into the computer and checks on something::
[20:51] <Gabriel> Craig, Detro, get me that ride. I don't care how, but get it. That jamming isn't gonna last long enough to walk out of here.
[20:51] <Thierry> ::Nods:: Will do ::Starts going over Gabes suit first::
[20:52] <Craig> ::nods to tynes and goes over to the drone with detro::
[20:52] <Detro> ::when he's close enough, he leaps for the drone's "head"... he's only going to have one shot at this before the drone rips himn apart::
[20:53] <Thierry> ::Finishes up with Tynes and starts looking over Craigs::
[20:53] <Thierry> ::Starts patching the holes he finds::
[20:55] <Savant> The drone that Detro chooses as his target - there are two down there right now - turns on him as he dashes close. The thing is apparently having a hard time seeing in the thick smoke, however. It's confused by the interference, just enough to let Detro land clumsily on its back between its grasping hands.
[20:56] <Gabriel> ::waits with Birkin, Tychon, and Roland, guns at the ready to shoot any surprises::
[20:56] <Detro> ::holding on with one hand, he rips the tazer from its holster and smashes the butt end of it into the spot where the maintenance panel should be, hoping to pop it open::
[20:56] <Gabriel> ::shoulders his rifle to give Craig a hand up if he wants one::
[20:56] <Thierry> ::Looks to gabe:: Everyone should be all patched up.
[20:56] <Gabriel> ::nods at Thierry::
[20:57] <Savant> The second drone is slapped hard with two explosions from Melissa's fragmentation cannons - an arm is torn off entirely, and the thing hunkers down and returns fire. Its laser blasts stab deep into the station structure around her drone.
[20:57] <Thierry> And sir, thanks for giving me a chance back there.
[20:57] <Craig> ::takes tyne's boost onto the drone and climbs up::
[20:57] <Savant> Once Detro's on, the Drone's engines start whirring and whining as the thing bucks and twists, and its arms start snapping down to try and grab him and pull him off.
[21:00] * Jester has joined #bt05
[21:01] * Savant sets mode: +o Jester
[21:01] * Tankero has quit IRC (teroldego.fl.us.blitzed.org raisin.hub.us.blitzed.org)
[21:01] * Gabriel has quit IRC (teroldego.fl.us.blitzed.org raisin.hub.us.blitzed.org)
[21:01] * Mem has quit IRC (teroldego.fl.us.blitzed.org raisin.hub.us.blitzed.org)
[21:01] * Craig has quit IRC (teroldego.fl.us.blitzed.org raisin.hub.us.blitzed.org)
[21:01] * Thierry has quit IRC (teroldego.fl.us.blitzed.org raisin.hub.us.blitzed.org)
[21:01] * Detro has quit IRC (teroldego.fl.us.blitzed.org raisin.hub.us.blitzed.org)
[21:01] * Detro has joined #BT05
[21:01] * Savant sets mode: +o Detro
[21:02] * Craig has joined #BT05
[21:02] * Tankero has joined #BT05
[21:02] * Thierry has joined #BT05
[21:02] * Mem has joined #BT05
[21:02] * syrup.hub.ca.blitzed.org sets mode: +ooo Craig Thierry Mem
[21:02] * ChanServ sets mode: -o Detro
[21:02] * ChanServ sets mode: -o Jester
[21:02] * ChanServ sets mode: -o Melissa
[21:02] * Mem sets mode: +ooo Detro Jester Melissa
[21:03] * Jester is now known as Guest495
[21:03] * Guest495 is now known as Gabriel
[21:04] * Detro gets tossed off, but at least he has the panel open... only now he's in a very bad spot.
[21:04] <Craig> ::after climbing onto the drone, pulls the BIL forward and lets a beam out at the second drone::
[21:04] <Gabriel> ::moves to cover Detro, rifle at the ready:: Try again. I'll try and shoot those damned arms off.
[21:05] <Savant> The drone that Detro's trying to ride like a bull doesn't seem to like it much - its massive laser cannons swing around and blast at him
[21:06] <Detro> ::getting back to his feet quickly, rolls right to dodge out of the way::
[21:07] * Savant sets mode: +o Tankero
[21:07] * Savant sets mode: -o Tankero
[21:07] * Savant sets mode: +v Tankero
[21:07] <Gabriel> ::takes two shots, trying to kill the arms::
[21:08] <Thierry> ::Sights down the barrel of his BIL looking for a clean shot on any drones that were still trying to kill them
[21:08] <Savant> The drone digs a pair of deep pits - one by Detro's head, the other between his legs - before it in turn is stabbed with laser blasts that leave two of its arms useless dead weights on either side of itself
[21:09] <Gabriel> Detro, on your feet, soldier! Get back on the springer!
[21:09] <Detro> Frak! ::rolls up on one knee and then launches himself back at the drone::
[21:10] <Detro> ::lands back on it and scrambles to hook into its data port::
[21:11] <Savant> once again the thing starts to buck and flail about, trying to unthrone Detro
[21:11] <Gabriel> ::stands ready to shoot the other two arms off:: Tychon, Roland, Birkin, on Melissa's drone with the Master Sergeant. +com+ Melissa, pick up four and get them out.
[21:12] <Melissa> Drone> ::salutes and grabs bodies to carry::
[21:13] <Detro> ::has to cling two-handed at first, but quickly firms up his grasp and is able to get a hand free... grabbing the cable, shoving it into the port... a few quick taps on the glove with luck...::
[21:13] <Craig> ::slings the BIL over his shoulder again and reaches down to help the others climb on::
[21:14] <Savant> Somehow - it works. The drone is vulnerable iwithout a controller, and all Detro has to do is drop in a quick password-cracking program and he's in. The thing settles out and turns on the surviving, damaged drone. The combined firepower of the Talons blast it to pieces.
[21:15] <Melissa> Drone> ::once people are secure, makes towards the shaft, frag cannons at the ready::
[21:16] <Detro> ::clings to its back, better able to stay on now that its movements are somewhat more predictable and not aimed at throwing him off::
[21:16] <Gabriel> OK, we're out of here. ::moves to Thierry and picks up Knight as gently as possible:: Doctor, on board.
[21:16] <Detro> +com+ Someone call for a taxi?
[21:16] <Mem> +com+ I hope you have that ride, captain. Time's just about out.
[21:16] <Savant> Some drones are coming down the shaft - but they don't see Talons, they see people riding other drones. Apparently that's enough to convince the confused machines that there's no trouble. They continue down, not opening fire
[21:16] <Gabriel> +com+ We're on our way out now.
[21:17] <Savant> OUTSIDE... things are looking increasingly worse. The bulk of a pair of Deil cruisers is now visible in the black, along with a cluster of four frigates and a collection of smaller craft - and a host of drones.
[21:17] <Melissa> Drone> ::moves up the shaft, flying...casually::
[21:17] <Thierry> Sounds good to me.
[21:17] <Gabriel> ::lifts Knight onto Detro's drone, then climbs up himself, holding Knight steady:: Move out!
[21:17] <Detro> ::lets the drone do the steering to get them through the elevator shaft::
[21:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Whipsnake, we're going to need a ride in about two minutes.
[21:18] <Savant> The drones' eyes give off a faint red glow in the elevator shaft as the Talons ascend. The omnicameras watch the two drones go up, but they were programmed to head down into the station and kill Talons, so that's just what they do. They pass by the group.
[21:18] <Detro> ::mutter:: Heavy traffic today...
[21:19] <Melissa> Fury> ::Mel bites her tongue in order to prevent herself from "waving" at the descending drones::
[21:19] <Detro> +com+ Sir, are we going to need this thing up top? I'm thinking maybe we program this baddie here to go back down and set off the self destruct charges.
[21:20] <Melissa> +com+ This things don't have the fine manipulation to do that...
[21:20] <Gabriel> We sacrifice this thing to get us away, plus anything heavy left in Pathfinder's vehicle bay. At this point, escape out from under the noses of the CEF is a win. If they don't want to kill civvies, then we'll be civilized too.
[21:20] <Gabriel> Hell, they've done enough damage themselves to this station trying to catch us that I doubt it can be put back to work.
[21:21] <Savant> After several tense moments, the Talons find themselves back in the hub of the station, weightless. Knight is breathing much easier now.
[21:21] <Detro> +com+ Understood.
[21:21] <Thierry> I just want outta here in the mortal coil. Anything else would be icing on the cake
[21:21] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::mutters as he flies hard:: Gimme the word, gimme the word, gimme the word; c'mon, get out of there...
[21:21] <Mem> +com+ I'm gonna try to blow their sensors briefly while we make our escape, captain. Any other orders?
[21:21] <Gabriel> ::doesn't let that stop him from slipping every concussion grenade he has left into the airlock seals:: Everyone, clear the airlock!
[21:22] <Detro> ::steers clear to the side and shelter::
[21:22] <Gabriel> +com+ Just move in as close as you can and be ready to catch us. We're coming out.
[21:22] <Craig> ::makes sure he's clear::
[21:22] <Gabriel> +com+ Melissa, I'd like to retain your new toy if we can. I suspect we'll have need of it.
[21:23] <Thierry> ::Adds his own grenades to gabes and then clears out
[21:23] <Melissa> Drone> ::nods::
[21:24] <Mem> Whipsnake> Move into position at the last second, corporal.
[21:24] <Thierry> ::Checks his seals one last time and then breathes heavily
[21:25] <Savant> The grenades go off with a thump that sets the station hub shuddering and then there's a terrible whistling sound as air starts to squeal out of the gap and into space.
[21:25] <Gabriel> ::pushes himself back to Detro's drone:: Let's go.
[21:25] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Whoo-hoo! On our way, Sir!
[21:25] <Mem> Whipsnake> Go. Gogogo. ::checks skags again::
[21:26] <Detro> ::nods in response to Tynes::
[21:26] <Savant> Outside the slender wedge-shaped fighter screams towards the station, dogging between asteroids and refinery drums
[21:29] <Savant> The fighter, massive in comaprison with the drones and humans, swings around and for a few moments, all the Talons can see is the bright sunburst glare of a fusion bottle at full bore coming directly for them
[21:29] <Gabriel> ::doesn't say a word, confident that his faith in Jeremi's piloting is well-placed::
[21:29] <Thierry> ::Waits for the Whipsnake to get close enough, breathing heavily the whole time::
[21:29] <Detro> ::grimaces at the sight... the kid may be good, but mistakes can happen even to those who seem to have natural talent::
[21:29] <Gabriel> ::grabs Knight:: Detro, Thierry, prepare to jump. There won't be room in the snake for both drones.
[21:30] <Detro> ::acknowledges with a thumbs up::
[21:30] <Thierry> ::Nods and gets ready::
[21:30] <Savant> At the last moment, when the Talons can start feeling an uncomfortable heat building, the whole thing flips over on its axis and the yawning port opens, suddenly extremely close
[21:31] <Gabriel> ::extends his grapple gun, and holding onto Knight, fires::
[21:31] <Detro> ::plants his feet firmly on the drone and pushes... he's got the tazer in one hand, the charge off, in case he has to grapel a hold::
[21:31] <Thierry> ::Lines up and takes his jump into the port::
[21:32] <Melissa> ::moves forward, carrying its passengers towards the bay::
[21:32] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Strap in, fast! Lieutenant, I need you to spoof us somethin fierce!
[21:33] <Thierry> ::As soon as he's aboard the 'snake Thierry scrambles for a seat and straps in.
[21:33] <Mem> Whipsnake> I'm going to. You give me a five second warning.
[21:33] <Craig> ::rides into the whipsnakes bay on melissa's drone with tychon, birkin and and roland::
[21:34] <Gabriel> Roland> ::moves to help Gabriel get Knight strapped in as the two arrive::
[21:34] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> W> uhm.. now would be really nice, Sir. ::wiggles his fingers uncomfortably - he's not happy unless he's burning right now.
[21:34] <Mem> +com+ Burning in five seconds.
[21:34] <Mem> ::sends out a spoofing program with the Whipsnake's inferior ECM, but has to try to make their escape easier::
[21:34] <Gabriel> ::accepts Roland's help in getting Knight strapped in:: +com+ Go!
[21:34] <Detro> ::manages to strap in::
[21:35] <Craig> ::hops off the drone and gets strapped into before the burn away from the station::
[21:35] <Melissa> Dron>::once in, grabs a hold of something to keep it from flying around::
[21:35] <Savant> And the Whipsnake slams everyones' guts into their seats as it screams forward in a mad twisting arc. The dark chamber holding the Talons is rocked by rumbling cascades, likely nuclear blasts that came a little too close.
[21:35] <Gabriel> ::gets strapped in himself, making room for Melissa's drone before slapping the bay control::
[21:36] <Mem> ::keeps his eyes open just long enough to see the program initiate, then closes his eyes as the incredible force pins down his body to the seat::
[21:36] <Thierry> ::Bows his head slightly:: Prophet be with us all, especially with Jeremi
[21:36] <Gabriel> +com+ Lieutenant, tell Pathfinder they've got an EW drone, a skag, and a seeker in the vehicle bay. They're to be launched to cover our escape, the EW drone set to Pathfinder's heat and radiation signature. Tell Macedon I want his best work!
[21:37] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ I got'em Pathfinder! Let's scoot!
[21:38] <Mem> +com+ ::through clenched teeth:: Pathfinder, unit LT, launch all drones for covering our radiation. Captain wants your best work. ::teeth rattle::
[21:38] <Gabriel> ::that order given, settles into his seat and tries not to feel helpless::
[21:38] <Savant> Another rumble as the Whipsnake is kicked sideways, and the lights int he chamber turn off entirely
[21:38] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Got it, LT. Launching now.
[21:39] <Detro> ::clutches the straps tightly::
[21:40] <Savant> It's a half hour of torture - the cabin sloughs this way and that, with moments of terrifying silence and dizzying torque peppered in with the intense pressure of the fighter's drive. But after an interminable chase, the Whipsnake settles into a course and weightlessness imposes itself upon the Talons once more
[21:40] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:40] <Mem> ::attn::
[21:41] <Thierry> ::Attn::
[21:41] <Detro> ::attn::
[21:41] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[21:41] <Melissa> ::Attn::
[21:41] <Craig> ::attn::
[21:41] <Savant> there you have it. Free from The Rock. Any questions or comments?
[21:41] <Tankero> What do you need and how may I provide it?
[21:41] <Gabriel> ::grins:: He's addicted. I've seen it before. Wink
[21:42] * Savant grins
[21:42] <Detro> :Very Happy:
[21:42] <Thierry> You had me that fast Smile
[21:42] <Mem> Mem needs someone to organize his little black book.
[21:42] <Savant> Tankero, we play an Adventurous campaign level. And I think I'm going to have to start a new parallel game, for reals ^_-
[21:42] <Tankero> Do you use commands of some sort, or do you all manually format your poses with the double colon tags, the com tags, etc?
[21:42] <Savant> it's all manual in that regard, Tankero
[21:42] <Thierry> ::Ears perk up::
[21:43] <Thierry> The one you've been talking about Savant?
[21:43] <Savant> no idea yet. We'll see.
[21:43] <Gabriel> We do have the mysterious, unnamed 8th Pathfinder crewman somewhere aboard. Wink
[21:43] <Savant> very true ^_- heh
[21:43] <Detro> You mean Generic Ted?
[21:43] <Detro> I ate him.
[21:44] <Tankero> Ensign Escobar from the away team?
[21:44] <Detro> He was delicious.
[21:44] <Savant> he's the technician.
[21:44] <Savant> the Fury tech, that is.
[21:44] <Thierry> Only saying because you know me and bad guys Smile
[21:44] <Savant> not sure how easy it would be to include such a character in the game.
[21:44] <Savant> heh. There are no bad guys in Heavy Gear
[21:44] <Savant> anyways. Any questions about the game?
[21:44] <Tankero> Just sexy and sexier? Razz
[21:44] <Savant> exactly ^_-
[21:44] <Thierry> You know what I mean Razz
[21:44] <Gabriel> Nope. Fabulous tonight. Smile
[21:45] <Detro> Good job for pulling it off with all that happened earlier in the evening Smile
[21:45] <Savant> i had fun too. Cinematic for realz
[21:45] <Tankero> Edition/Companion/Cgen process?
[21:45] <Thierry> Indeed.
[21:45] <Savant> third edition, Silhouette Core.
[21:45] <Tankero> Got those.
[21:45] <Gabriel> We take a week off, then look for a straggler. Sadly, an Urchin is right out. We just don't have the manpower for it. We'll have to swipe a Sleipnir or something similar and hope for good IFF codes.
[21:45] <Savant> 30 character points, 50 skill points. I want ot see a character concept or two beforehand, though.
[21:46] <Savant> to, even
[21:46] <Thierry> So RP game next week?
[21:46] <Savant> you're in the Loki system right now, so Liberati or Gomorran characters are acceptable
[21:46] <Savant> yes, for sure, Thierry.
[21:46] <Gabriel> For the next couple of weeks, I'd say, heh.
[21:46] <Savant> Do keep in mind that a number of you are wounded, and at least two of you need serious medical care in a hospital.
[21:46] <Tankero> What concepts are acceptable?
[21:47] <Thierry> I've been working on a corp defector as a backup
[21:47] <Tankero> And I suppose stuffing a character into a gate coffin with a Talon gear would be far too much to ask Razz
[21:47] <Savant> Terranovan black talons, corporate characters of all stripes, a member of the Liberati Jund, defecting CEF character
[21:47] <Gabriel> I'll kick it around. I don't think we can risk stopping at another station.
[21:47] <Savant> i'll make you a character from the remains of another Talon team
[21:48] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:48] <Thierry> ::Raises hand:: Um, teacher, can we have some XP pwease?
[21:48] <Gabriel> If you can come by tomorrow, Tankero, I can help you work up some ideas and tell you where our holes are.
[21:48] <Tankero> Cool, I was pondering a concept in particular.. It came to me while I was listening to a guitar solo of Acid rock...
[21:48] <Savant> heh, fun
[21:48] <Savant> experience? oh, i *suppose*
[21:48] <Gabriel> Heh.
[21:49] <Savant> one for the money, two for the show. Three is for teamwork. Demonstrate.
[21:49] <Thierry> Gabe, Detro, and Doc locking out the drones would be the one I think of
[21:50] <Detro> Yup. Crucial teamwork
[21:50] <Gabriel> Saving Craig from the monster FGC octopus.
[21:50] <Gabriel> Which was part of the same thing.
[21:50] <Detro> Tynes assisting Detro's wrasslin'.
[21:50] <Savant> i like my drone-monsters ^_^
[21:50] <Savant> octopi are fun
[21:51] <Gabriel> Getting out alive, of course. Mem + Jeremi + Melissa FTW there.
[21:51] <Thierry> BTW, reccomend GP for that move on Detro's part
[21:51] <Savant> okay, that's three. Four for the story. Did you advance the story, learn anything?
[21:51] <Craig> after melissa took control of the FGC drone, we double teamed the others:)
[21:51] <Detro> We learned that the chief protagonist, unlike other people in the CEF, actually seems to care about civilians.
[21:51] <Gabriel> We learned something interesting in terms of CEF tactics, ie, their manual control of the drones, their lack of good programming.
[21:51] <Craig> we escaped:)
[21:51] <Thierry> Well, that the CEFs were willing to devote a whole task force to...US
[21:51] <Mem> I learned CEF isn't as indiscriminate as I thought. Spare the civvies when you could wipe out the most dangerous terrorist threat in the system?
[21:51] <Detro> And not just Civilians, but Caprician Civilians
[21:52] <Gabriel> It speaks to a continued lack of creativity on the CEF's part.
[21:52] <Savant> and, can anyone tell me how Detro reinforced the genre of the game tonight?
[21:52] <Savant> also speaks of a generous GM, but.. shh ^_-
[21:52] <Mem> lol
[21:52] <Craig> he bucked the bronco?
[21:52] <Gabriel> ::grins::
[21:52] <Detro> heh
[21:53] <Detro> Sacrificing his own personal good for the survival of the team and continuation of the mission?
[21:53] <Savant> seriously, the difference between drones on their own and drones under control is fairly small. They kick butt either way. But anyways.
[21:53] <Thierry> I think jumping on the back of a drone that could pretty much rip a man apart with one shot
[21:53] <Detro> good-wellbeing.
[21:53] <Savant> Drones without GREL controllers, on the other hand...
[21:53] <Thierry> is worth somethin Smile
[21:53] <Detro> Yeah Mike, but the problem is I do stupid stuff all the time. Wink
[21:53] <Savant> Detro can have a genre point. It was a very fun little scene
[21:53] <Detro> Whee!
[21:53] <Thierry> This time it worked Smile
[21:54] <Savant> that's four experience. Five for a combat. Six for a mean one. I'll make it seven if you can tell me something you want to do in gomorrah. Something that doesn't involve the CEF.
[21:54] <Detro> Or Mem getting laid
[21:54] <Mem> ...
[21:54] <Savant> nah, that's valid ^_-
[21:54] <Mem> rather
[21:54] <Mem> Mem> ...
[21:54] <Savant> it's good to have you back, Brad
[21:54] <Craig> hehe
[21:55] <Thierry> Would really like to get Thierry in a Caprician hospital and not just to seduce the nurses Smile
[21:55] <Mem> Love the epic games
[21:55] <Detro> Well for starters, find some way to put the public back on our side.
[21:55] <Savant> hooray for Detro
[21:55] <Craig> see about contacting the van saars maybe?
[21:55] <Thierry> Yeah, Thierry is going to have an IC suggestion on that next week
[21:55] <Savant> that's a good one, Craig.
[21:55] <LrdVampyre> acquire drone technology for my nefarious purposes...or is that porpises? ....
[21:55] <Gabriel> Gabriel's is easy. I've been talking about it for months. He wants to walk into a corp board room, lay down a business card that says "Capt. Gabriel Tynes, Black Talons, Terra Nova" and see how serious they are about being business people. Wink
[21:56] <Savant> if you want porpoise drones, go to Atlantis ^_-
[21:56] <Gabriel> Preferably in a nice local suit. He'll have to buy one. Wink
[21:56] <Savant> for real, actually. They webble dolphins ^_-
[21:56] <LrdVampyre> not surprised
[21:56] <Savant> heh, nice. That's awesome, Gabriel
[21:56] <Mem> Oh man. That's awesome
[21:56] <Savant> Mem needs to get in on that action. Mem will be your best character in Gomorrah.
[21:57] <Mem> Mem will hook you up with the tycoon look
[21:57] <Thierry> And Theirry would have to be there with a briefcase Smile
[21:57] <Detro> Yet you laugh when Joanna wants to corner the MeatMelon market on TN. Wink
[21:57] <Mem> Oh man, I've been waiting to go back to that city.
[21:57] <Thierry> Just cause I wanna do that lawyer thing IC Smile
[21:57] <Savant> keep in mind that fashion is very different on Gomorrah. They have a whole medieval european thing going on. Sort of.
[21:57] <Savant> heh, fun
[21:57] <Savant> won't be long, Brad. Not long at all.
[21:57] <Gabriel> Suit with chainmail waist-coat for Gabriel, then.
[21:57] <Mem> ... lol
[21:57] <Savant> heh heh
[21:57] <Gabriel> Nice double purpose garment. Wink
[21:57] <Mem> and big puffy skirt
[21:57] <Mem> and tights
[21:58] <Mem> stripéd tights
[21:58] <Detro> Mem, stop dreaming about your next sexual conquest.
[21:58] <Thierry> Theirry would love it
[21:58] <Savant> It's not so bad in Camelot (we eat ham and jam and spam-a-lot!)
[21:58] <Mem> rofl
[21:58] <Savant> anyone else?
[21:58] <Detro> <Joanna> ::pouts:: I have to push the tram-a-lot!
[21:58] <Savant> what does Detro want to do in Gomorrah?
[21:58] <LrdVampyre> colin...a monty python quote...from you?
[21:58] <Savant> :O
[21:59] <Savant> shock! awe!
[21:59] <Detro> Aside from wage a PR war to get the people on the Talons' side?
[21:59] <Detro> That's easy.
[21:59] <Detro> I have Trivia/Billiards I want to get to CPX 3 Wink
[21:59] <Savant> heh, nice. Pool sharking
[21:59] <Savant> What's Mem doing?
[21:59] <Mem> Hmm..
[21:59] <Thierry> Which reminds me, tennis hustling for the doc Smile
[21:59] <Mem> Oh.
[21:59] <Detro> <Detro> MAC round off the building side, sensor cluster on the frame.
[22:00] <Mem> I think it might be a good time to introduce a story arc I hinted at a while back
[22:00] <Savant> you'll ahve to refresh my memory. But i'm down with player suggestions
[22:00] <Mem> it'd go around Tynes's back a bit... we'll see. I'll flesh it out.
[22:00] <Gabriel> ::has Roland shoot Mem::
[22:00] <Mem> That Mem is sponsored by a TN tycoon
[22:00] <Craig> lol
[22:00] <Savant> anyways. Very well done all. Seven experience points and my congratulations on surviving the Temple of Elemental Evil.
[22:00] <Mem> and that Mem is in BT for a reason
[22:01] <Savant> riiight, gotcha.
[22:01] <Gabriel> Very nice little run, Savant. Smile
[22:01] <Thierry> Oh yeah, we have that whole thing with Thierry's past to work out in game Smile
[22:01] <Savant> i recall. That sounds fun
[22:01] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[18:00] <Jester> ::attn::
[18:00] <Detro> ::attn::
[18:00] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[18:00] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:00] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:00] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:00] <Ardelmos> ::attn::
[18:00] <Thierry> :attn:
[18:01] <Savant> good evening and welcome to another episode of the Black Talons. I'll be your host
[18:01] * Craig has joined #BT05
[18:01] <Savant> We are leaving Gallot Refinery #9 behind us and travelling off into the inky black to recover and prepare for the next stage. I have a briefing if you would like it.
[18:01] <Birkin> I'll have the lobster and shrimp plz
[18:02] <Detro> Waiter, there's a fly in my sand.
[18:02] * Birkin sets mode: +o Craig
[18:02] <Savant> Goliath
[18:02] <Savant> 27 Autumn TN, 0900h - Early-morning
[18:02] <Savant> Deep Space, Greater Blessed Asteroid Belt
[18:02] <Savant> -273 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[18:02] <Savant> The last three days have gone by slowly.
[18:02] <Savant> With the rocky progress of the last raid, the Talons are now spending some time in deep space to lick their wounds and wait for the best moment to spring out on their next target. While plans are being finalized for striking a CEF frigate to send as a fireship the the Monolith shipyards,
[18:02] <Savant> some of the Talons are nursing wounds and others are hanging on to life. Aggie, Pathfinders' dry-witted flight commander, has yet to regain consciousness, except for feverish and half-lucid moments. Knight, equally, passed out on the hectic flight away from Gallot Refinery #9 and has yet to regain consciousness fully.
[18:02] <Savant> It is in this state that we find the Black Talons tonight, restaing and making ready for their descent to the Gateworld and the Cat's Eye.
[18:02] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:02] <Ardelmos> yack
[18:02] <Detro> ack
[18:02] <Craig> ack
[18:02] <Gabriel> ack
[18:02] <Savant> ready for questions.
[18:02] <Birkin> ack
[18:02] <Mem> ack
[18:03] <Savant> also, I am counting off the weeks, nay, *days*, until Prescot can join us full-time again. This December, I'm told.
[18:03] <Thierry> ACK
[18:03] <Craig> i still consider that months:)
[18:04] <Mem> You'll see a distinct drop in performance when that happens. Ross and I roll much better than he does when playing Birkin. Wink
[18:04] <Savant> one of the varied reasons why I look forward to it ^_-
[18:04] <Savant> so, any questions?
[18:04] <Gabriel> None here.
[18:04] <Savant> very good. Then let's get down to it.
[18:04] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:05] <Detro> ::is in the process of documenting the changes required to modify the BIL into a cutting laser::
[18:05] <Gabriel> ::as he often does during off times, is burning off energy in the impromptu cobbled-together gym tucked into a corner of the vehicle bay::
[18:05] <Savant> The past three days have been long. Ever since re-docking with Pathfinder everything has seemed a little ... surreal. The Fury's crew have been busy with repairs (She was damaged in the flight) and the Talons themselves have been busy recuperating and debriefing.
[18:06] <Detro> ::has the BIL he had on the station half disassembled in front of him, looking at it while refining his notes::
[18:06] <Thierry> ::Finishes typing something into a PDA and then heads off to look for Gabe::
[18:06] <Mem> ::snores quietly from within his sleeping bag on the crew deck::
[18:06] <Ardelmos> ::sits quietly in the lounge, a PDA in front of him with a stylus as he flips through various intelligence and public database information (mostly financial) concerning those in charge of Gallot's operations::
[18:07] <Savant> Two acceleration couches have had permanent occupants - Aggie up in the command pit, and Knight back with the rest of you. They're stable, but neither seem to be doing very well.
[18:08] <Birkin> ::looks at Cerberus display panels having been working on fine tuning his knowledge of gunnery systems, having gotten the hang of lasers and other advanced weaponry::
[18:09] <Ardelmos> ::jots some notes into his stylus and reaches into a pocket, pulling out a stick of gum and tossing it into his mouth as he takes a brief look across the room at the comotose Knight on the opposite acceleration couch, then turns his attention back to the terminal::
[18:09] <Craig> ::floats back and forth in the vehicle bay, his left leg wrapped up in bandages once again, at least with zero-g, moving around isn't painful::
[18:10] <Detro> ::looks over the electronics and decides it's probably a good idea to see how the electronics survived the extended use... pulling a screwdriver from a pocket, he cracks open a panel and peers inside::
[18:10] <Thierry> ::Notices the captain in the Gym and figures he should get his daily workout in as well::
[18:11] <Mem> ::stirs a bit and after a few moments, sticks his head out of the bag and pulls up the sleeping mask, squinting over at the panel to check the time::
[18:12] <Birkin> ::sees Craig in the corner of his eyes:: Hey Gimpy. You moving alright now?
[18:12] <Thierry> ::Sticks the PDA in his pocket and settles in on the treadmill next to Gabe and nods:: Sir
[18:13] <Gabriel> ::nods at the doctor without breaking rhythm on his workout, then:: How are Private Knight and Lieutenant Commander Lemnos?
[18:14] <Detro> ::hrms, poking at some connectors that look like they got a tad too hot... some are half-molten, but still viable::
[18:14] <Detro> ::notes the damage in his documentation and adds a suggestion that the electronics be inspected after each use... and that it only be used once::
[18:14] <Thierry> ::Hands Gabe the PDA:: Full report is there. Would you like the good, the bad, or the worse news first
[18:15] <Craig> ::smirks at birking::zero-g has it's advantages, though go easy on me, this leg took bullets for you once
[18:15] <Craig> <<bah, birkin>>
[18:15] <Mem> ::pulls himself partially out of the bag and glances over at Roland, then over at Knight's bag::
[18:15] <Gabriel> ::doesn't accept the PDA:: Either read it or report. I know they both need a hospital. Unfortunately, unless you have a suggestion, we're several tens of millions of kilometers from the closest one. Will they hold out?
[18:16] <Detro> ::uploads the report through his data glove to the main storage unit, then works on closing up the BIL:: I hate to hand it to the Earthers, but they built this thing well. Should be good for one more go as a cutting laser if we need it. ::looks up after saying this, wondering if anyone was in the vehicle bay to hear him::
[18:17] <Thierry> ::Nods:: For the time being yeah. I can keep them stable. Though I'm beginning to worry about Aggie's arm. If my fix doesn't hold and her condition spreads, I'm going to have to amputate
[18:18] <Ardelmos> ::begins flagging names and transferring them to the PDA, then goes back into their last database pull from the Caprician web to find the last Gallot shareholder's report::
[18:18] <Thierry> Can't let her fly though.
[18:20] <Gabriel> ::nods, still working the straps:: It will be the first thing we do when we hit Caprice. I can't risk docking at another civilian station. We don't know how the CEF caught on to our visit to the enclave asteroid.
[18:20] <Detro> ::once the BIL's fastened back up, he heads for the cockpit::
[18:21] <Ardelmos> ::leans back slightly as he flips through the last issued financials -- he wasn't a businessman, but he knew instability when he saw it -- Tynes would likely have better insight into what he was looking at::
[18:21] <Mem> ::groans a bit and then yawns noisily:: Ugh.
[18:22] <Thierry> Agreed. ::Thierry starts his run, his right shoulder aching with every movement:: We couldn't stay hidden long enough
[18:22] <Mem> Doing some leisurely reading?
[18:23] <Ardelmos> Pet project.
[18:23] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Captain Tynes. I've caught an interesting signal here. Nothing CEF, it's coming from the planet. Looks like a public database line, and it's open for query. If I can borrow the Lieutenant to keep our access hidden, we could do some data mining.
[18:23] <Ardelmos> ::pulls down the profiles of the Board members from the shareholders report and cross references it with the last list he found through the Caprician web to make sure there hasn't been any changes::
[18:24] <Detro> ::floats through the crew compartment... glances at Knight on the way by... was Fate going after them, intent to kill off the last of BT09?::
[18:24] <Mem> Bringing more color to the urban sprawl of Gomorrah through ... gardening?
[18:24] <Ardelmos> Color? Oh, yes. Lots of red. Gardening? Not so much.
[18:24] <Gabriel> ::decides that's a good point to quit for the day and lets the straps relax, then leans over a bit to hit the closest com switch:: +com+ Very well. ::opens ship-wide:: Lieutenant Gage, report to the cockpit for a little ELINT work.
[18:25] <Thierry> ::As he runs:: If you have a moment sir ::Rather timidly:: I've been meaning to ask you something...
[18:26] <Mem> Shame. ::hears the call and finishes emerging from his coccoon:: I'm sure after staring at those plastic corporate plants all day they'd appreciate a little real gardening.
[18:26] <Ardelmos> Well I suppose you could call it weeding...
[18:26] <Ardelmos> ::circles a new name onto the PDA display, noting CID beside it::
[18:26] <Detro> ::eyebrow raises hearing Tynes' shipwide::
[18:27] <Detro> ::continues drifting towards the cockpit, making sure to leave a hole for Mem to get through::
[18:27] <Mem> ::smirks and throws his arms into his BDU's sleeves, then pushes off for the cockpit::
[18:28] <Gabriel> ::unhooks himself from the straps:: Go ahead, doctor, though I have a feeling I know what it is you're going to ask.
[18:28] <Craig> ::decides to float back to the mid-deck::
[18:28] <Detro> ::hangs at the entrance... he was going to "put his ears on" and see what was out there, but apparently he'd been late in doing so::
[18:28] <Mem> ::yawns as he opens the cockpit door and nods to Detro:: Door's not big enough for all of us, so after you.
[18:29] <Ardelmos> ::pulls up the last data they have for the Envry district of Gomorrah, plotting the most obvious...and less obvious routes between it and Paladin Lots, paying close attention to building height, sightlines on the street, and access from the level above::
[18:29] <Detro> ::moves aside for Mem:: Sure, but you're the one the boss asked for.
[18:29] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::looks over his shoulder at Mem when he arrives, then looks back at the small square screens in front of him.:: Lieutenant. Got a hookup to some Gomorran data line, and it looks fat. Good bandwidth, even out here. Slow though, obviously.
[18:29] <Thierry> ::Nods:: Yeah, that. I just can't help feeling I screwed up and it nearly cost us two team members. Is there really any hope for me.
[18:29] <Mem> ::shrugs and pulls himself into the cockpit::
[18:30] <Thierry> As an officer anyway?
[18:30] <Detro> ::once Mem's through, he hangs about (literally) at the entrance::
[18:31] <Gabriel> Doctor, an officer is compelled to examine his actions, evaluate them, and learn from his experiences. What did you learn from this experience?
[18:31] <Mem> ::grabs onto Macedon's chair and looks over his shoulder:: What kind of data line?
[18:31] <Savant> The cockpit of Pathfinder is quiet. Jeremi and Macedon are the only ones awake, the others are asleep - either voluntarily or not.
[18:32] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Looks like a intercorporate data pool. Basic security on the outside, probably higher security inside. Probably full of financial information and politics. Spook stuff.
[18:33] <Thierry> To keep closer track of my men and where the enemy is and that sometimes a life might need to be sacraficed to save the unit...a hard realization for a doctor.
[18:33] <Ardelmos> ::taps the stylus against his lips for a moment, then plots the fastest routes while cross-referencing 'danger' spots such as open intersections, underground access points, and blind corners::
[18:33] <Birkin> ::cracks his knuckles looking over to where Craig was gimp-floating around when last he paid attention:: Uh hm. Guess I shouldn't get so involved in my work eh boy ::pats Cerberus for a moment before he begins shut down preparing to move out and into the world to be social::
[18:33] <Detro> Sure, if it's not something being used for a trap.
[18:33] <Detro> ::looks at Mem:: Going to take a shot at it?
[18:33] <Mem> ::blinks:: And it's just floating about out here?
[18:33] <Craig> ::floats over to roland and takes a quick glance at his PDA:: some intel work?
[18:33] <Ardelmos> ::grunts:: What I can manage.
[18:34] <Gabriel> ::pulls a towel off the line, and strips off his shirt, still watching Thierry:: And?
[18:34] <Mem> Kind of careless. Any idea its source and its destination, or is it some omnidirectional thing?
[18:34] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Smirks:: Nah, bounced it off an arclight repeater.They don't seem to care who we are or where we're transmitting from so long as we have the right passwords.
[18:35] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Looks like it's just a server waiting for clients.
[18:35] <Thierry> ::Shrugs as he ran:: Haven't had as much time to think it through as I would have liked, been working on Knight alot.
[18:36] <Mem> ::smirks:: Tsk tsk. Pretty stupid if they're just broadcasting it all into open space. I'll check to see how much interaction is required to access it, but if it's all there in one signal... game over. ::sighs a bit as he realizes he's gotta get to work:: I'll take the main computer station and get on it.
[18:36] <Gabriel> ::nods and towels himself off carefully:: Take some time to think about it. If you're determined to be an officer in this unit, you won't last long without the ability to dispassionately evaluate your own performance.
[18:36] <Detro> ::smirks:: What, are they actually broadcasting tactical data on unencrypted channels? We should show them who they're dealing with.
[18:37] <Gabriel> I've learned from our last two missions, and adjusted my own tactics in response, and will continue to do so.
[18:37] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::clicks his tongue:: Nah, it's not CEF. Just corporate. Probably nothing they consider very sensitive.
[18:37] <Ardelmos> ::can vaguely hear the conversation from the cockpit and calls over his shoulder and through the door:: Is it Gallot?
[18:37] <Detro> ::looks at Mem:: Want some help?
[18:38] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods at Gabe and begins to clean up the data signal, replying to Roland meanwhile:: Probably some of theirs in here. Can't tell yet. You looking for something?
[18:38] <Thierry> :;Nods:: I will. Did have something reinforced thats equally true and medicine and war, expect anything and don't underestimate what you might find
[18:38] <Mem> We'll see. ::squeezes by Detro and makes a turn to the computer terminal:: One second, let me see what sort of security they've been able to afford.
[18:38] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:38] <Savant> ((Gage, even, whoops))
[18:38] <Ardelmos> Anything you can get on the Board of Directors and executive management.
[18:39] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Gotcha.
[18:39] <Gabriel> A good rule for life, doctor. ::pulls on a new t-shirt, ties the towel off at his waist, and pushes away from the wall toward the vehicle bay proper::
[18:39] <Melissa> ::is sitting at a terminal, going over the schematics of the octopus::
[18:39] <Mem> ::straps himself down to the chair and begins looking at the first few layers of the signal::
[18:40] <Craig> ::also hearing the conversation:: an open data link from corps sources? ::hmmms and looks at roland::don't you think thats a little convenient?
[18:41] <Ardelmos> ::shrugs:: In order for just us to pick up on it, they'd have to know where we were.
[18:41] <Detro> Depends on if we respond or just accept whatever information's in the stream.
[18:41] <Gabriel> ::passes through the vehicle bay, looking at each of the Gears and the last remaining recon drone, thoughtful::
[18:41] <Thierry> ::Starts playing through his brief time as a squad leader in his mind as he jogged. There was something else he was missing, he was sure of it::
[18:41] <Mem> ::makes a noise as the monitor fills up with information::
[18:41] <Birkin> ::hops down off of Cerberus and spies the captain:: Dinar for your thoughts Captain.
[18:42] <Mem> ::this noise may very well have been related to "Psh."::
[18:42] <Savant> Mem's work isn't without reward. After a few minutes of playing cat and mouse with the server security software on the other side, he sneaks in. His screen opens up with the front page for a large database - looks like an insider trading sort of a database, full of tips, politics and finances.
[18:43] <Mem> Anyone interested in starting a new business with a few trillion Gomorran credits?
[18:43] <Gabriel> Hm? Oh, hello, Sergent. And I was thinking we've been playing to the CEF's strengths the last couple of missions. Surprise attacks on soft targets, yes, which has been strategically sound. But tactically, we're giving the CEF all the advantages: better armor, better weapons, more experienced ground soldiers.
[18:44] <Craig> ::shakes his head:: no not to locate us, more bait maybe, the CEF knows we're going after the corps that have been working with them, they throw out a line with a juicy bit of info and hope we bite
[18:44] <Gabriel> For our next major assault, it's time to change tactics and apply our own advantages. ::indicates the Gears::
[18:44] <Detro> ::moves to look over Mem's shoulder the best he can:: If it's legit, we all do.
[18:44] <Ardelmos> Eh. To bait us, they'd have to be broadcasting it to everyone willingly.
[18:44] <Gabriel> I'm just trying to decide exactly how.
[18:44] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::looks over his boards:: Signal's strong, but I'm going to have to keep fine tuning it to keep it that way. Have fun, Lieutenant.
[18:45] <Mem> ::looks over his shoulder at Detro:: You want to start sorting through this? I want to find out who normally receives and parses this information. You're welcome to sort through the actual database and see what you can find. I've already begun making a hard copy onto the computer, so what we've received won't be lost.
[18:45] <Birkin> When we take the ship? Or are we going to trya nother station sir
[18:46] <Detro> Sure. I have a few ideas on how we can use this information too. ::backs off, then calls up the database through his field glove::
[18:46] <Gabriel> I'm aiming a bit lower for the ship assault -- a Sleipnir or a tender, if the CEF even uses tenders. We've learned that we're not really equipped or manned for an assault on even a minor CEF warship.
[18:46] <Melissa> ::glances up briefly at the mention of taking another station and then goes back to her schematics::
[18:46] <Birkin> I'd also contest the better ground soldiers. But I suppose we can do that after Earth is locked back into the Sol system.
[18:46] <Thierry> ::Finishes his run and then takes a towel and starts wiping down the sweat, still thinking things through
[18:47] <Gabriel> That means we'll have to use subtlety to slip the delivery ship into Monolith. I'm thinking about a distraction attack in Caprician orbit.
[18:47] <Birkin> ::looks at the drone the Captain was giving the one over:: With this?
[18:48] <Gabriel> No, with the Gears, using the drone as our eyes. We could take on a quite large target in Caprician orbit with 7 or 8 Gears.
[18:48] <Gabriel> In the process, the distraction might pull even more warships away from Monolith and give a smaller delivery ship a relatively smooth run into the shipyard.
[18:49] <Mem> ::mutters:: I don't know how trustworthy this broadcast is. It looks like it's ... some kind of ... ::shrugs:: networking site for inside information. Open to anyone who pays a fee, and a lot of people apparently pay this fee.
[18:49] <Birkin> Do we have a view of Monolith now? There can't be all that many ships still near it with all the activity they have in system
[18:49] <Melissa> ::looks up:: Captain...the space drones and space fighters out perform our Gears in just about every aspect in Space, sir.
[18:51] <Gabriel> ::nods at Birkin:: I had a glance through the opticals a couple of days ago. There's still dozens of ships in and around Monolith.
[18:51] <Detro> ::hrms::
[18:51] <Ardelmos> ::starts consolidating all his information into one file, with a cover memo and header::
[18:52] <Gabriel> Agreed, Dekarch... in open space. I was thinking more along the lines of along the hull of a large target. That would neutralize a space fighter or space drone's speed advantage. If they fire at us and miss, they further damage our target, assuming it's big enough.
[18:52] <Thierry> ::Finishes drying off and then grabs a fresh shirt of his own emblazoned with his TDF unit's logo. After lazily putting his uniform jacket he pushed off heading for Wren::
[18:53] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::shrugs at Mem:: If that's all it is, then it's still got good information we don't know.
[18:53] <Mem> ::does some more checking at the source::
[18:54] <Detro> That's odd. KSM's buying up Gallot subsidiaries, and Hakkar's going after Gallot stock... Gallot's buying back stock, but not from Hakkar.
[18:55] <Mem> Weeeird. Inside info for a small fee, making tons of money off of what seems to be... good information? Whaaaat. ::continues reading:: That blows my mind.
[18:55] <Thierry> ::Gets to the vehicle bay just in time to hear gabe's suggestion:: A freighter or something like that sir?
[18:56] <Craig> ::thinks more about the data link trying to think of ways it could be used as a trap but his mind wanders to some trideos he saw before leaving TN, suddenly chuckling:: hehe those crazy barons...
[18:56] <Detro> ::blink:: Mem, are we sure this info's accurate?
[18:56] <Gabriel> ::shakes his head:: Won't know until we get closer. I had in mind something slightly more grand, but it will depend on what we find in Caprice orbit.
[18:56] <Mem> Pretty sure. The people who use it make good money.
[18:57] <Detro> According to this, Gallot's had a recent sharp upswing on their stock... but overall, the last ten years have been pretty erratic... but trending down.
[18:57] <Mem> This would be such an easy way to make people use a lot of money... misinformation. This is like knowing what the cards are going to be before they're dealt, but it's as though hundreds of people have this info. How ... how can this work on such an easy-to-acquire level?
[18:57] <Ardelmos> ::shuts down the terminal and picks up the PDA, tucking it into a pocket and unbuckling himself from the couch and pushing off towards the rear::
[18:58] <Mem> <<use - lose>>
[18:58] <Birkin> We linking up with BT04 here when we go down to the planet? Or are we going to solo this one?
[18:58] <Detro> ::to Mem:: What if the corporations pay these guys to make the information MORE false?
[18:59] <Gabriel> That's up to the Commandant. When we get a little closer to the planet, I'll risk trying to make contact with him.
[18:59] <Mem> ::shakes his head:: Then no one would make any money.
[18:59] <Detro> Sure they would. Maybe your competitor can't afford to plant false info, or lets it through in hopes someone will think it's false?
[19:00] <Thierry> ::Nods and continues making his way towards Wren:: A medical transport would be nice.
[19:00] <Mem> I mean the subscribers to this information... if the information were bad, they wouldn't be making money.
[19:00] <Mem> And they wouldn't keep paying for it.
[19:00] <Ardelmos> ::peeks his head into the vehicle bay:: Captain?
[19:01] <Gabriel> ::looks up:: Yes, Senior Sergeant?
[19:01] <Detro> ::shrugs, the movement sending him down towards the deck at a gentle drift:: I'm open to other ideas... I just want to know if this stuff really is for real.
[19:01] <Melissa> ::shrugs slightly:: We would still be operating in z-gee...means modifying the Gears to walk on the surface
[19:02] <Ardelmos> When you've got a minute, I think we're onto something we'll want to attend to after blowing the fuck out of Monolith.
[19:02] <Gabriel> ::grins::
[19:02] <Mem> Seems legit. Some of these members have been subscribed for several months.
[19:02] <Melissa> ::frowns:: Do you realize the consequences of blowing Monolith up are?
[19:03] <Gabriel> ::nods at Melissa:: That's already taken care of. We're equipped with electro-magnetic adhesion on the Gear treads. And for you, we can finally put your hunter-killer to work.
[19:03] <Melissa> ::nods::
[19:04] <Detro> ::hrms, then looks at the figures to see how much income from subsidiary sales goes into buying back stock::
[19:04] <Gabriel> And the major consequence is that we'll add a full cycle, and maybe two, to the date of the invasion of Terra Nova, Dekarch.
[19:04] <Thierry> ::Floats over to Wren and slaps her on the "calf":: Miss me girl
[19:04] <Melissa> I was thinking in terms of our standing with the Capricians, sir
[19:05] <Gabriel> ::indicates Roland should continue, then:: The Capricians aren't getting any benefit out of Monolith, Dekarch. I suspect there's more than one person angry with us for the destruction of Liberty.
[19:05] <Birkin> How do you feel we'll effect our standard with the Capricans? By blowing up some of their occupiers of course.
[19:06] <Gabriel> The simple truth is that we have no choices here. Terra Nova does not have ten carriers and fifty destroyers with which to take the fight directly to the CEF fleets.
[19:06] <Detro> They make all this money selling subsidiaries, only a little of it... ::blinks, then chuckles:: I guess those employees on the station got their hazard pay.
[19:06] <Detro> Most of the money's gone into something labelled "Employee Support."
[19:06] <Mem> While they should do a better job of securing sensitive financial information, this isn't exactly what I call a pot of gold as far as tactically or militarily important. Might help us with our first few investments, though, if we're serious about establishing a presence in the city.
[19:06] <Gabriel> They have smashed -- hard -- our ability to repair and build our space fleet. We have to do the same to them, or the fight ended last spring.
[19:06] <Melissa> Monolith has been a part of Caprician history for ever. Destroying it...also what about the fallout? The fact that the Trench will likely have large debris falling into it?
[19:06] <Ardelmos> ::glances back towards the cockpit:: Gallot's extremely unstable. Stock price has been falling like a rock the past 10 years with the occasional uptick. Both KSM and Hakkar smell blood and are trying to buy it up.
[19:07] <Gabriel> I don't harbor any illusions that our tiny nukes can destroy Monolith, Dekarch. At best, we'll disable the use of the facility for a cycle or more while they repair and clean up.
[19:07] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::shrugs:: Tells us what the companies are doing and what their goals are.
[19:07] <Thierry> ::Looks back, knowing this will sound strange coming from his mouth:: The CEF didn't seem concerned about that when they bombed Lyonesse
[19:07] <Melissa> There are other courses of actions that do not require the use of violence, sir.
[19:08] <Birkin> Ones that keep Terra Nova from being occupied?
[19:08] <Gabriel> Those courses, unfortunately, aren't available to us at this time. Dekarch, if you see a means to delay or prevent the invasion of our homeworld, I'd love to hear it.
[19:08] <Ardelmos> ::raises a hand:: Uh, hello? Military? We blow shit up.
[19:08] <Melissa> We have yet to acquire any intellegince of what is actually going on
[19:08] <Gabriel> Until that time, however, I'm going to do everything in my power to stop these bastards from launching that invasion.
[19:09] <Melissa> We are a fucking commando team. Commandos require intelligence to act upon. Blind action is wasted action
[19:09] <Gabriel> ::suddenly looks at Melissa as if seeing her for the first time::
[19:09] <Ardelmos> ::pulls the PDA out of his pocket and waves it in the air:: You mean like this stuff?
[19:09] <Gabriel> Yes, Dekarch, that is so. However, the intelligence gained at the cost of millions of lives in Lyonesse and elsewhere, I find to be a rather compelling pointer to the CEF's plans.
[19:09] <Birkin> ::nods at Roland:: We blow shit up quite well at times I think.
[19:09] <Ardelmos> Yeah, you especially, you grenade frak.
[19:09] <Ardelmos> <<freak>>
[19:10] <Melissa> Fine
[19:10] <Thierry> YOu think they came to Terranova to say hi?
[19:10] <Mem> Well... Gallot losing money is pretty significant politically.
[19:10] <Craig> ::floats closer to where most of the team is huddled around the computer terminal::
[19:10] <Detro> ::chuckles:: I think you're on the right idea Roland. Just a question of which side do we help along... and can we use that to build a relationship with them and perhaps secure a corporate ally against the CEF?
[19:10] <Birkin> Some of us just can't help being so damn good. You and that sniper rifle of yours fit into the same category.
[19:10] <Melissa> ::turns off her terminal:: I'll be in the vehicle bay. I need to go over the octopus. ::leaves::
[19:10] <Gabriel> There's absolutely no question that Liberty Station was their staging area for the invasion of Terra Nova, and that Monolith is their shipyard for rebuilding the 8th Fleet.
[19:11] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Do that, please. We're going to need it up and running.
[19:12] <Gabriel> ::turns to Roland and smiles slightly:: As for Gallot, couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. I'd prefer that KSM didn't profit -- I'd like to add them to the blood-bath, in fact.
[19:12] <Gabriel> What do we know about Hakkar's motives?
[19:12] <Ardelmos> Anyways, Captain, Gallot's a major supplier of hovertank parts and frames. If Hakkar and KSM gain control of it, the CEF supply chain gets less complicated.
[19:12] <Melissa> ::leaves the crew compartment::
[19:12] <Thierry> ::Looks to Gabe:: You know, not to long ago I would have agreed with her. After our last battle, I'm all for the gloves coming off...
[19:12] <Ardelmos> So we tank its stock, company goes under, takes'm a year to pick up the pieces.
[19:13] <Detro> ::looks at Roland:: Say, you think the CEF might be manipulating that kind of merger?
[19:13] <Ardelmos> Probably; they appointed an advisor to the Board this year.
[19:13] <Gabriel> ::holds his hand out for the PDA:: That the tap Macedon mentioned?
[19:13] <Mem> ::leans back and stretches while he listens to the conversation below him::
[19:13] <Ardelmos> And from what I can tell, Gallot's been more or less at war with it's Earth branch.
[19:14] <Ardelmos> ::hands it over:: What I pulled out before we got the tap; which is more of an...insider trading site more than anything, it would seem. Still downloading.
[19:14] <Gabriel> ::turns on the PDA and has a look::
[19:14] <Detro> So in order to slow the CEF down... we have to SAVE Gallot?
[19:15] <Thierry> Somehow that leaves a sour taste in my mouth
[19:15] <Mem> Or introduce a new player.
[19:15] <Ardelmos> Well, that's one way. The other way is to get it to collapse faster than KSM and Hakkar can keep it together.
[19:15] <Ardelmos> Workers don't work if they don't get paid.
[19:15] <Craig> ::thinks a moment:: what if we could somehow prevent gallot caprice from crumbling, help them build their company back up into a major competitor again? in exchange for helping us that is?
[19:15] <Detro> Mem, I know the women say you're good, but even you couldn't start a new company and bring it up to a size able to compete in this game with the time we have.
[19:15] <Detro> You're just not THAT good.
[19:16] <Ardelmos> Fuck that. You know how you always read on Hermes72 about how companies' stock collapses when their CEOs die or whatever? What happens if we start killing everyone on the Board?
[19:16] <Gabriel> Do we know why the stock is moving? Anything on the Caprician net? Rumors? News? Anything like that?
[19:16] <Mem> I didn't say a new company, I just said a new player. There are hundreds of companies that could be propelled to a much more comfortable position in this.
[19:16] <Detro> We piss off Gallot that they merge with the CEF to spite us... or get protection from us.
[19:16] <Melissa> ::mutters as she works::
[19:16] <Detro> ::still scrolling through the data:: Merde!
[19:17] <Thierry> What would we have to offer Gallot to get them back on their feet? And I'm strangely with Roland on this, though making openings on their board only gives more spots for the CEFs to fill
[19:17] * Tankero has joined #bt05
[19:17] <Mem> But that's not the only thing the CEF is getting they're bloody hands on. They've got an agent at each media distributor, and as such the media transmits a lot of sympathetic CEF-oriented news.
[19:17] <Detro> ::looks at the others:: Sorry. I just spotted some data here. Gallo might be getting exclusive rights to build all of the Frames for the CEF... and they've already GOT them for the Octopi.
[19:18] <Birkin> -How- exactly is their stock going down then. That seems like a dream job for any corporation
[19:18] <Thierry> Wait, so the keffs are propping them up?
[19:18] <Gabriel> ::turns off the PDA and hands it back:: Without knowing why the stock is moving, anything we do is just going to be random.
[19:19] <Detro> ::shrugs:: Give us some time with the data, we can probably figure out what's going. We do know the subsidiary sales income isn't going to buying back stock -- it's going into "Employee Support" ::air-quotes that::
[19:19] <Thierry> I'll be in the back if you need me. ::Pushes off after Melissa::
[19:20] <Detro> ::lowers his fingers from the quote and continues scrolling, then grins:: Or I could just keep reading.
[19:20] <Detro> ::points at Roland:: He was right. GalSol's fighting them pretty heavily.
[19:20] <Mem> There isn't much I can do about that right now, captain, but when we're set down, it shouldn't take too long to start poking around inside the big corporations' phone and mail systems. But I guarantee they'll be much more secure than this.
[19:21] <Detro> Looks like Mem even got some odds on whether GalSol will buy up Gallot Caprice or not.
[19:22] <Thierry> ::Looks for Melissa but finds the octopus before the Humanist. He floats his way over and says:: Need a hand Melissa?
[19:23] <Detro> Any way you look at it, I guess our best hope for an ally would be Gallot, if only to take advantage of any sort of revenge they want on their Earther counterpart.
[19:24] <Gabriel> ::nods:: For the moment, stay tapped in and learn all that you can. I'd like to be on the surface in 20 days or so, if all goes well.
[19:24] <Melissa> ::looks up at the Doctor:: Umm...no, not really. I am here mostly to stay out of confrontations at the moment
[19:24] <Gabriel> We might have to help clear another landing site or two, or assist other Talons with Highlands operations once we're on the ground, but I plan to request reassignment into Gommorah as soon as it's feasible to do so.
[19:24] <Ardelmos> ::grunts:: Please do.
[19:25] <Detro> ::nods:: I'll keep reviewing the data. With any luck, we can keep this data source all the way to the surface.
[19:25] * Melissa has quit IRC (Quit: Careful of what you wish for cause you just might get it.)
[19:26] <Mem> As much as I ... enjoy spending time with the Liberati, Gomorrah is the playground I think we should be focusing on.
[19:26] <Detro> ::chuckle:: Who knows. Maybe it's just a matter of lending them Roland for a week. He'd let the GalSol board have a belly full of lead and a pool of their own blood to drown in.
[19:26] <Ardelmos> Just get me within a klick.
[19:28] <Gabriel> We're going to have to be slightly more subtle than that. The Lieutenant's right: if we start randomly killing people, the CEF will just plant replacements.
[19:28] <Detro> ::chuckles:: Like a grenade. Prime and throw.
[19:28] <Ardelmos> On GalSol? They're already essentially CEF.
[19:28] <Gabriel> You know that... how?
[19:28] <Thierry> ::Shrugs and heads back towards the others::
[19:29] <Gabriel> Put another way... you're entirely sure there's not even one neutral in among a board full of hostiles?
[19:29] * LrdVampyre has joined #bt05
[19:29] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[19:29] * LrdVampyre has left #bt05
[19:30] <Detro> ::looks up the data they have on GalSol:: Actually sirs, GalSol only has reps on planet... AND some covert ops teams. Brothers in arms, if they were fighting for us and not against us.
[19:30] <Ardelmos> Probably, but not the chairman.
[19:31] <Detro> Right. The board is back on Earth.
[19:31] <Mem> ::turns to the others:: I don't think we need to keep this signal tuned in much longer. Unless you want up-to-the-minute changes in stocks.
[19:32] <Ardelmos> ::grunts and snaps his gum::
[19:32] <Ardelmos> ...wait a second.
[19:32] <Ardelmos> ::looks over:: Mem, can you plant a false story?
[19:32] <Ardelmos> Or do we only have read access?
[19:33] <Detro> If we have the stream for free, might as well keep it. Information is ammunition.
[19:33] <Mem> It cracked like an egg, I could probably change some things, but as soon as I do security might get a lot tighter.
[19:34] <Mem> There's also still a small delay on the transmission that may interfere with slipping in misinformation.
[19:35] <Thierry> ::Floats over to Knight's couch to see how he's doing, one ear trained on the other conversation::
[19:36] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:37] * Prescot has quit IRC (Quit: )
[19:37] <Detro> ::while they discuss the info stream, works at downloading what information he can get regarding Gallot's covert ops forces::
[19:38] <Savant> Knight seems okay for the time being - simply asleep. He's no longer in a coma and seems to be recovering quickly. The zero-gravity environment is doing him well.
[19:40] <Detro> ::reading the stream:: Man, Gallot is under some serious pressure.
[19:40] <Detro> GalSol's being attributed to just about every ill that Gallot's been hit with. ::pauses:: I have to give them credit -- they're going down, but they're making a good fight out of it.
[19:42] <Detro> Unfortunately, that's what looks like is driving their alliance with the CEF.
[19:43] <Craig> ::looks on::wait, is galsol doing this to help force a merge, or is it some sort of vendeta against gal caprice because the CEF is using them for their frames and such instead of galsol?
[19:43] <Detro> Though there's some independent investors throwing in some power. Hmm.
[19:43] <Thierry> ::After tending to Knight's wounds a moment, heads over to a console, a thought in mind::
[19:44] <Detro> ::shrugs:: GalSol's engineering to kill off or take over Gallot. The other Caprician corps just want to take down the oldest company on Caprice. Gallot's staying alive mostly by ingrating themselves with the CEF... but whether that means the CEF can keep GalSol off of them...
[19:45] <Thierry> ::Starts trying to pull up any and all CEF and corp logistics data they've managed to capture::
[19:45] <Gabriel> ::nods:: I'm all for doing what we can for Gallot Caprice. But again, if we don't know why the stock is moving, we can't act.
[19:45] <Gabriel> Do we know why the stock is moving? Did anyone look into that?
[19:45] <Craig> so it's possible there could be some bad blood between galsol and the CEF?
[19:46] <Ardelmos> Investor faith.
[19:46] <Detro> Yup. The upswing in stock is a fallout from the contracts with the CEF.
[19:46] <Ardelmos> So far as I can gather, the market sees Gallot as a sinking ship, but when it deals with the CEF it looks like a ray of hope...for a while.
[19:47] <Detro> ::shrugs:: War is a profitable business when you have a fleet sitting on top of you gearing up for an invasion.
[19:48] <Detro> Though to be honest, I suppose we're fueling some of that ourselves right now.
[19:49] <Detro> ::drifts over to one of the couches and rests lightly on top of it:: We help Gallot, we're helping the CEF. We crush Gallot, we're helping an Earth company that's likely in bed with the CEF already... IS there a right side to fight on there?
[19:50] <Thierry> ::Doesn't really find much they didn't already know, they just didn't have the data Thierry was looking for::
[19:52] <Gabriel> This isn't black and white, Sous-Sergent. Gallot Sol is a different entity from Gallot Caprice.
[19:52] <Gabriel> Probably, with different goals. Certainly, with different aspirations.
[19:53] <Detro> ::shakes his head:: They're still Earthers... and you think the CEF would have let them out this far if they didn't trust them entirely?
[19:53] <Craig> well galsol definetly has it's own agenda right now, taking out gallot caprice, it's quite possible they're doing that in the hopes to regain contracts with the CEF
[19:55] <Thierry> I hate to say it, but we might need to put in our lot with Gallot caprice.
[19:55] <Detro> That's a pretty big risk, if they get the CEF frame contract.
[19:56] <Gabriel> It's too early to say that. We don't know anything about the situation.
[19:56] <Detro> They've got a pretty large capital reserve.
[19:58] <Thierry> Detro, any idea as to anyone at Galott that's been particularly critcial lately?
[19:58] <Gabriel> So does every corp on Caprice right now, I'll wager. One thing the CEF is good for is giving Caprician corps manufacturing jobs.
[19:58] <Gabriel> Saves them the trouble of shipping everything from Sol.
[19:59] <Detro> ::nods:: Localized supply, and it leaves the Earth companies able to make other stuff.
[20:00] <Thierry> Not to mention anything they're getting from other conquered colony worlds
[20:02] <Craig> should try to find out how much of anything is coming here from utopia
[20:02] <Detro> Shouldn't be too hard if we can get access to port traffic records.
[20:04] <Thierry> Might also give us something to hit. If they're moving things through a soft supply depot it would make a good target.
[20:04] <Detro> I'm sure anything coming from offworld is going to be heavily defended... and we can't just take our gears out and blow apart the local garrison.
[20:04] <Detro> But maybe a little bait and switch...
[20:05] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[20:05] <Craig> ooh, the suspense
[20:05] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[20:05] <Craig> ::attn::
[20:05] <Thierry> ::Attn::
[20:05] <Savant> nice point to pause it there I think. Hopefully you've learned a little about what's happening on the ground and are starting tot hink about what tod ow ith it!
[20:05] <Ardelmos> ::attn::
[20:05] <Detro> ::attn::
[20:06] <Thierry> Indeedy
[20:06] <Mem> ::attn::
[20:07] <Savant> any questions?
[20:07] <Craig> ::shifts some of savant's letters to the left a bit::
[20:07] <Craig> ::er to the right a bit::
[20:07] <Savant> heh. Hate that.
[20:07] <Thierry> ::Raises::
[20:07] <Savant> Thierry?
[20:08] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[20:08] <Thierry> Curiousity question, would you have any issues with us statting potential backup characters in the db? I don't trust my math Smile
[20:08] <Savant> no issues, but please, a limit of one. Let's not clutter it up
[20:09] <Savant> Gabriel?
[20:09] <Thierry> Okie
[20:09] <Gabriel> Not a question, but a statement for the team. Want to make something totally clear. I've been saying for months that the goal-method of getting on Caprice was to blow a nuke or three in and around Monolith Shipyards, thereby creating a) a massive distraction that lets us get to the surface; b) a visible explosion that part or all of Gomorrah can see so as to show them that the CEF is not invincible.
[20:09] <Gabriel> I don't expect to destroy Monolith, or even damage it heavily. The idea is to spread a lot of radiation and debris around that needs to be cleaned up by the CEF and thereby slow their invasion of TN. Plus the propoganda value inherent in such a strike.
[20:10] <Gabriel> So if anyone is harboring any illusions about "zomg gonna blow up massive shipyard we win rox0rs!", banish them. Wink
[20:10] <Gabriel> That's all.
[20:10] <Craig> ::looks at roland::
[20:10] <Detro> To be honest, I'm investing far more thinking time on what we're doing once we're on the surface.
[20:10] <Ardelmos> What Detro said.
[20:10] <Gabriel> ::nods:: I'm starting preliminary thinking about what we do on Caprice, too.
[20:11] <Thierry> Same here, but yeah, we gotta do the monolith thing first
[20:11] <Savant> once you're ont he surface, you'll be allowed to go where you like. Gomorrah, or things in the Highlands, whatever you like
[20:11] <Gabriel> ::nods:: I think it'd be nice to do a couple of straight-on Gear missions once we're on the surface.
[20:12] <Gabriel> Patrols or firebases that the Liberati have wanted to hit, but haven't been able to for lack of resources, or maybe just clear landing fields, or something.
[20:12] <Ardelmos> I want to shoot something with this Dartand. Wink
[20:12] <Gabriel> Something we've done before, just to get us comfortable with being on Caprice again.
[20:12] <Savant> you guys should decide what would be fun to do in group.
[20:12] <Savant> heh
[20:12] <Detro> <Joanna> SHOP! <Farrell> ::facepalm::
[20:13] <Gabriel> But yeah, once that's done, dismounted fun in Gomorrah. Roland really needs to buy up his Personal Flight Device.
[20:13] <Gabriel> We brought a couple of Northern Guard infantry jump packs.
[20:13] <Savant> heh, awesome
[20:13] <Gabriel> If Roland wants to wield that rifle from the top of a skyscraper, he needs to learn to use them. Wink
[20:13] <Thierry> Hehehe
[20:13] <Ardelmos> Nah. Rappel down from the level above and then winch back up. Much easier to escape. Wink
[20:13] <Mem> A gear combat would be good, but I'm interested in another good social game... like the time we were chasing CEF agents through that city, the hotel, the chase. That was fun.
[20:14] <Savant> the chase was a lot of fun, yes.
[20:14] <Craig> hehe, yeah
[20:15] <Thierry> That was fun actually
[20:15] <Gabriel> Well, Gabriel's gonna use one of the jump packs if we ever do an actual street fight.
[20:15] <Thierry> But Melissa drives this time Smile
[20:15] <Detro> I think it's time we secured some urban combat mounts too.
[20:15] <Detro> Hell, maybe even automate a few for Melissa
[20:16] <Savant> anyways. Who would like some XP?
[20:16] <Craig> ME!!!
[20:16] <Thierry> me me!
[20:16] <Detro> heehee
[20:17] <Savant> one for the money, two for the show. Three for teamwork, show me some ^_-
[20:17] <Craig> brainstorming?
[20:17] <Thierry> Our little discussion of the Caprician Wall Street Jounal Smile
[20:18] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Detro and Roland and Mem and Macedon was the major example tonight. Good job to all four. Smile
[20:19] * Savant nods, though that was less actual teamwork and more just all three working towards one goal. They weren't really doing it in concert
[20:19] <Detro> Sure we were. Mem was focusing on the origin of the info, Det was analyzing the content.
[20:20] <Savant> i didn't really see you guys talking about working together that much ^_-
[20:20] <Gabriel> I dunno. I saw Roland doing that, keeping the other two on mission.
[20:20] <Savant> but okay, three it will be. Four for story-uncovering. do any of that today?
[20:21] <Detro> Major revelations about Caprice's oldest corp
[20:21] <Thierry> Hmm. Well, we got some idea what's going on with the caprician corporate scene, but it was really kinda vague
[20:22] <Ardelmos> ::nods:: The corps are clearly being puppeteered by Earth.
[20:22] <Gabriel> That mostly depends on what goes into the wiki. Today was setting background for Part 2 of the book. We need to do a ton more research along these lines once we're on the ground and can tap data sources directly.
[20:22] <Savant> puppeteered? You figure? Interesting.
[20:23] <Gabriel> But at least now we're starting to get our arms around what to look for once we're standing in front of such a tap.
[20:23] <Detro> ::nodnods::
[20:24] <Gabriel> Fair warning, everyone: Gabriel has zero business background, so even though Jester has about a 4c3 in this, Jester will be staying out of it because Gabriel doesn't know anything about it.
[20:24] <Savant> excellent.
[20:24] <Gabriel> Therefore, Gabriel will gather info if asked, but don't ask him to interpret. Wink
[20:24] <Savant> Also excellent ^_-
[20:24] <Mem> And I'm a socialist playing a capitalist character. It isn't gonna be easy for me Wink
[20:24] <Craig> hehe
[20:24] <Thierry> *Nods* My skill is also considerably higher then my chars Smile
[20:24] <Savant> that's four. Five if you can tell me some quality you like about one of the NPCs
[20:24] <Mem> The stock market mumbo jumbo tonight was confusing enough
[20:24] <Detro> So? I have a ZERO in Business. Your business expert died 2 characters ago Wink
[20:25] <Craig> macedon's a genius:)
[20:25] <Thierry> I really like Jermei's overimpulsive enthusaism
[20:25] <Detro> Detro's getting this only from being a Meko.
[20:25] <Detro> I like that Aggie's hanging in there.
[20:25] <Craig> i don't want aggie to die
[20:26] <Mem> Pereselona is my favorite active NPC right now. Always ambitious and eager, even during life-and-death situations.
[20:26] <Gabriel> Macedon's still a puzzle to me. I like what I'm seeing as a lot of caution, but he's not as well defined as Aggie, or ironically, Jeremi. I like him, but I don't know why, if that makes sense. Wink
[20:26] <Ardelmos> Macedon is all business, man. I like it.
[20:26] <Savant> He doesn't have a strong personality. Never will. He's a quiet, unassuming professional.
[20:27] <Thierry> Which is why I like him.
[20:27] <Savant> okay, that's five. Well done all!
[20:27] <Savant> I'll try to put up some wikinformation this weekend
[20:28] <Gabriel> That'd be good, thanks. Smile
[20:28] <Gabriel> We're just missing background for this, so it's hard to RP intelligently.
[20:28] <Savant> what categories of info do you want to look into?
[20:28] <Gabriel> A couple of paragraphs on each corp, describing history and business focus would do to start. Give each corp its own wiki entry.
[20:29] <Gabriel> Similar to what I was doing with Thistledown Guilds.
[20:29] <Mem> Info that maybe will help me play Mem as someone who has a better idea about corporatations ... since I'm basically brain-dead and Mem is not
[20:29] <Savant> heh
[20:29] <Thierry> 1 Defense, 1 WIL, 1 INF, 1 Computers (CPX), 1 Medicine (CPX)
[20:29] <Savant> I'll give you info on some of the major corporations, the CCE, and the CSX
[20:29] <Savant> approved, Thierry
[20:29] <Savant> and that's it! well done.
[20:29] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[18:00] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:00] <Savant> yup, you missed the attn ^_-
[18:01] <Detro> ::attn::
[18:01] <Thierry> ::attn::
[18:01] * Prescot has joined #BT05
[18:01] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
[18:01] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:01] <Craig> well at least he's not the only one:)
[18:01] <Savant> good morning and welcome one and all to another episode of the Black Talons. We may soon be the only Black Talons game in existance, due to DP9's change in storyline. Feel honoured, you are amongst the few, the mighty!
[18:01] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[18:01] <Detro> ...the terminally sick of space? Wink
[18:02] <Craig> hehe
[18:02] <Craig> change in storyline?
[18:02] <Savant> it's almost through. One last hurrah and you'll have you feet back on rock in no time.
[18:02] <Savant> DP9 is axeing the Black Talons
[18:02] <Thierry> Yeah, what change?
[18:02] <Thierry> Ah
[18:02] <Craig> ouch
[18:02] <Savant> but I says screw that, says I.
[18:02] <Gabriel> It's not 100% for-sure, but that seems to be the direction.
[18:02] <Thierry> As in they aren't supporting it or that they're killing them all off Very Happy
[18:03] <Savant> I ought to start publishing my comic in their Aurora magazine, maybe it'll call people to the flag of the Talons
[18:03] <Savant> aren't supporting. Rewrite. Never existed.
[18:03] <Savant> Anyways. I would like to call your attention to the wiki, hosted by McC's excellent web server.
[18:03] <Thierry> Ah. I wonder what they did to becom unpeople Smile
[18:03] <Savant> in particular, http://talons.mcc3d.com/wiki/index.php/Gomorran_Corporations
[18:04] <Craig> they became grels, lets sick roland on them:)
[18:04] <Savant> this will be fleshed out as you discover more, as I have time and inclination, and as required. Feel free to put your own notes into the wiki on these corporations - I heavily encourage that!
[18:04] <Thierry> kool
[18:05] <Savant> The Big Three are on there right now: KSM, Hakkar and Gallot. You know them already, though you may not be aware of the details.
[18:05] <Savant> such as they are.
[18:05] <Savant> read and enjoy. Have a briefing as well.
[18:05] <Savant> Goliath
[18:05] <Savant> 29 Autumn TN, 1200h - Morning
[18:05] <Savant> Deep Space, Greater Blessed Asteroid Belt
[18:05] <Savant> -273 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[18:05] <Savant> The last five days have gone by slowly.
[18:05] <Savant> With the rocky progress of the last raid, the Talons are now spending some time in deep space to lick their wounds and wait for the best moment to spring out on their next target. While plans are being finalized for striking a CEF frigate to send as a fireship the the Monolith shipyards,
[18:05] <Savant> some of the Talons are nursing wounds and others are hanging on to life. Aggie, Pathfinders' dry-witted flight commander, has regained consciousness. Knight passed out on the hectic flight away from Gallot Refinery #9 and has yet to regain consciousness fully.
[18:05] <Savant> It is in this state that we find the Black Talons tonight, restaing and making ready for their descent to the Gateworld and the Cat's Eye.
[18:05] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:05] <Gabriel> ack
[18:05] <Mem> ack
[18:05] <Birkin> ack
[18:05] <Detro> ack
[18:06] <Savant> I am ready to entertain questions.
[18:06] <Tychon> ack
[18:06] <Gabriel> None here.
[18:06] <Tychon> ::raises::
[18:06] <Thierry> Asked mune already
[18:07] <Savant> Tychon?
[18:07] <Craig> ack
[18:07] <Tychon> So, we're on Pathfinder for this game, then?
[18:07] <Savant> yup
[18:07] <Tychon> kk
[18:08] <Savant> that's it then, huh?
[18:08] <Tychon> ::raises::
[18:08] <Savant> Tychon?
[18:08] <Tychon> What do you want us to ask? Wink
[18:08] <Detro> ::raises::
[18:08] <Savant> i can't tell you that, that's like giving away the answers ^_-
[18:08] <Savant> Detro?
[18:08] <Detro> What's the game schedule look like for August?
[18:08] <Savant> ah, good question
[18:09] <Savant> during the GT week there will be no game. That's Thursday the 9th
[18:09] <Tychon> (There might be a game, but it'll be unofficial and in-person Wink)
[18:09] <Savant> Chances are good that the thursday prior will also be out, due to the fact that i'm moving
[18:09] <Savant> exactly ^_-
[18:10] <Savant> so, two weeks will probably be gone due to that. I'll put a note on the forum once I'm sure about the earlier date.
[18:10] <Thierry> What, can't get on a computer and let those of us who are stuck at home chat with y'all Smile
[18:10] <Savant> i'll see what I can cook up
[18:10] <Tychon> Uh, note the "in-person"
[18:10] <Savant> anyways, is that it for questions?
[18:10] <Detro> Between Ross and my laptops, I'm sure we'll have the ability to do maptool Wink
[18:11] <Savant> projector plz. Or widescreen TV
[18:11] <Tychon> ::raises::
[18:11] <Savant> Tychon?
[18:11] <Tychon> Has anything new developed with Nike?
[18:11] <Craig> nope
[18:11] <Savant> Not that you're aware of, but you haven't had the chance to do muchw ith her other than chance the fluids
[18:11] <Savant> change
[18:11] <Gabriel> I'm hoping to arrange a last space Gear fight before landfall.
[18:12] * Savant nods
[18:12] <Savant> let's move discussion on the topics at hand to the OOC channel, and get going.
[18:12] <Craig> cool, cus swifty just needs 1 more battle to level up...so to speak:)
[18:12] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:13] <Thierry> ::Gathers up his scanners and such and pushes off towards the command pit::
[18:13] <Detro> ::yawns, scratching his jaw... he stayed up a tad late working on the captured data, extrapolating as much as they could about the current corporate situation on Caprice::
[18:13] <Savant> It's been surprisingly busy over the past few days. As the Talons have gotten closer to Caprice itself they've been able to tap into more and more of the transmission traffic that radiates from the planet like a stars' corona. There's a lot of data to sift through
[18:14] <Tychon> ::Has sequested himself with Nike off on a corner of the vehicle bay, going over every system and even delving into the Neural Net as much as he trusts himself to in order to assess the strange sensor/analysis anomalies that arose previously::
[18:14] <Craig> ::snoozes on the "couch" after spending most of the night helping to sift through data from the tap::
[18:14] <Savant> Aggie's awake, but bedridden - she hasn't gotten out of her seat except to go to the lav, and that's only with help. She's looking pretty bad. That being said she's cheerful, and that optimism has spread tot he rest of Pathfinders' staff.
[18:15] <Gabriel> ::has spent much of the last 36 hours in front of a pair of video screens, one set to catch a telescopic view of Monolith every time it orbits past, the other being used to look for diversionary targets::
[18:15] <Thierry> ::Slides over into the command pit and towards Aggie:: Morning Lieutennant
[18:16] <Mem> ::is on the tail end of a several-hours computer shift, flipping through page after page of captured data and transmissions, but looks tired and restless::
[18:17] <Birkin> ::puts the finishing touches back on the final panel of one of the few nuclear warhead the team has, inspecting it for problems and regular maitence:: Ready to go... ::pats the nuke gently::
[18:17] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::looks up at Thierry, bleary:: Private.
[18:19] <Tychon> ::Despite being very familiar with working a Gear, there's another layer altogether with working with a Gear, and another layer beyond that to working with an NNet. Whatever's going on is going to take a more expert computer analyst than he to figure out.::
[18:20] <Savant> Gabriel's screen is a little depressing. The Monolith station is made up of three long paralel spars joined by a torus on one side. Berths run along the spars, and even though the station is only partially active, there seem to be hundreds there. While it's no fortress, the Third Fleet certainly makes it impreganble enough.
[18:20] <Thierry> ::Pulls out a scanner and starts running it over Aggie's Rib and Arm:: Nice to have you awake mam. Anything you need. Water, food, a shot of my famous painkillers?
[18:20] <Tychon> ::sighs and sits back, looking at the frame of the cockpit around him:: Nike, what's going on with you, huh?
[18:21] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Mmh. No, thanks. ::she rubs her eyes with her good arm, still waking up:: I'll be fine.
[18:21] <Gabriel> ::looks for the ships that have to be moving crew, supplies, or equipment from the belt to those hundreds of ships:: <<Wink>>
[18:21] <Savant> Nike> ::Doesn't seem to respond to Tychon's query, though a small indictaor does turn on, showing that the Gear is listening.::
[18:22] <Thierry> Just don't want you pushing yourself too hard mam.
[18:22] <Birkin> ::pushes off from his area in the vehicle bay and makes his way towards the stores of food they have, looking for something to eat::
[18:23] <Tychon> ::smirks at the indicator light and pats the frame:: Well, we'll figure it out at some point, won't we.
[18:24] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::looks over his shoulder to Gabriel - like his commander, MAcedon has been spending all of his time staring at screens:: Found a sign of the belt-to-Monolith transit fleet, the slowboat. You're gonna like it.
[18:25] <Gabriel> ::clears his left hand monitor:: Show me.
[18:25] <Detro> ::floats on the cushioning of his acceleration couch, going over the data readouts again... he's narrowed it to Caprician corporations that have contracts with the CEF, and is backtracking the supply chains for them as best he can::
[18:25] <Mem> ::begins to fall asleep at the console, eyes slowly closing, a hand drifting up in the zero gravity::
[18:25] <Savant> Nike> ::passively scans the vehicle bay, highlighting heat emissions and electrical activity::
[18:26] <Birkin> ::finds what he was looking for and begins to rummage around, first through the captured earther stuff, hoping to find something semi-appetizing::
[18:26] <Craig> ::rolls over a bit before open his eyes::
[18:26] <Thierry> Well mam, not much else I can do for you up here I'm afraid. I'll leave a couple syringes with Jermei in case you need something. ::Puts away his scanner and settles into the CAPCOM station::
[18:27] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::sends the camera feed to Gabriel's monitor. It's an asteroid hurtling in-system. After a few moments, small features can be made out on the surface of the rock - portholes, airlocks, maneuvering thrusters.:: They just shoved a rock into a transiting orbit between the belt and Caprice, and they're using that. Probably have a few.
[18:28] <Gabriel> ::blinks at the unusual target:: What are they using it for? Where's it bound?
[18:28] <Tychon> ::thinks for a moment, then flicks on his coms:: +com+ Sergant Craig, Caporal Tychon.
[18:29] <Detro> ::has it narrowed down to just over 20 corps, starts looking at what each is manufacturing::
[18:29] <Thierry> ::Hangs the medical harness over the back of the chair and straps himself in, pulling up an image of the asteroid as he puts on a headset.
[18:29] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> It'll be in Caprician orbit in about two weeks. At that point those bay doors are gonna open and shuttles are going to start ferrying things to Monolith, and things from Caprice out to the belt. Gets really close to the planet too - these Capricians can fly.
[18:29] <Craig> ::tries to sit up before realizing the straps holding him to the couch, he unbuckles himself::+com+ craig here, whatsup?
[18:29] <Birkin> Freeze dried -peaches-? The hell are peaches... ::picks that one up and begins to look for something else appetizing::
[18:30] <Mem> ::his hand has now floated nearly above his head, and when he fidgets, it comes and slowly brushes against his face, waking him up::
[18:31] <Savant> Birkin has stumbled into a whole conucopoeia of genetically modified foods. Heavily modified. None of it is as what mother nature intended, though some have familiar names. Also along with the foodstuffs is a very large issue of, of all things, antihistamines.
[18:31] <Tychon> +com+ Sergeant, would I be wrong in remembering that you've got a decent amount of computer training?
[18:31] <Thierry> ::Squints at the thing and starts trying to recall reading anything about these things::
[18:32] <Gabriel> How close does it get to Monolith?
[18:33] <Craig> +com+i'm ok, mem's the genius though ::glances over at the man sleepily whapping himself in the face::...i'll be there in a moment
[18:33] <Detro> ::decides to flag any non-military production for investigation... maybe it could be part of the propoganda machine and could be turned around::
[18:34] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::checks his figures:: I did the math. Looks like it'll get within a thousand k. Spitting distance. Hah, and you think *you* can fly, Peresalona.
[18:34] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::smirks and retorts:: Put any of these guys on the stick of a flyer and they'll ground it in minutes, I promise you.
[18:34] <Gabriel> Interesting... what's the crew complement of one of those rocks?
[18:34] <Mem> ::rubs his eyes, then unbuckles his seat belt and pushes away from the main computer, and then through the crew compartment aft::
[18:35] <Craig> ::unstraps his legs and allows himself to float off the couch a bit before kicking off towards the vehicle bay::
[18:35] <Tychon> +com+ Thanks, Sarge. ::clicks off the comm and climbs out of the cockpit, resting his backside on the external frame of the gear while waiting for Craig to arrive::
[18:35] <Detro> ::yawns as Mem nears::
[18:35] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::frowns and rubs his chin:: Not sure. I don't see much for defensive weapons though - about as many as the refineries had. Can't get anything from the heat readings though. Too much rock.
[18:36] <Mem> ::stops and glances at Detro:: Anything remotely interesting? Caprician military transactions? Corporate sponsorships? The secret of life? Swimsuit calendars?
[18:36] <Thierry> ::Takes a closer look at the thing trying to size it up with where he knows he's seen the thing before::
[18:36] <Gabriel> I wasn't thinking about attacking it. I was thinking about sneaking on. If we can replace the crew of one of the Sleipnirs intended for Monolith, that would give us a good crack at the shipyard.
[18:37] <Detro> ::stretches:: Just lots of ones and zeros making up a lot of boring bigger numbers. Trying to track down any non-military contracts the CEF and NEC have out.
[18:37] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods:: that's what I was thinking. There doesn't seem to be any facilities for generating gravity. I bet that the crew are all spacers. These things have an orbit that's measured in cycles. Or years, I guess, here.
[18:38] <Craig> ::floats through the hall and into the vehicle bay where he spots nike in the far corner::
[18:38] <Gabriel> ::nods:: A nice predictable course, I suspect.
[18:38] <Detro> Y'know, like propoganda vids and materials, news disks, that sort of stuff.
[18:38] <Mem> ::resumes his aft drift, saying to Detro as he leaves:: Well, keep me posted. On the swimsuit thing.
[18:38] <Thierry> ::Nods agreeing with Cory:: They can manuver sir, but I don't suspect all that much
[18:38] <Detro> ::shrugs:: A'rright.
[18:39] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Very. Lots of room to hide on the thing, too. millions of cubic meters worth of space on it.
[18:39] <Mem> I'll be back in a minute, I gotta take a break.
[18:39] <Detro> ::nods, goes back to the data::
[18:40] <Tychon> ::sees Craig enter the bay and waves to him::
[18:40] <Birkin> ::gets a decent meal and then get a tube of juice before he finds himself a nice place to sit down and begins to eat::
[18:41] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::pauses, then laughs:: Ha! Look at the side of that module on the top of the image. Green stripe, black and white knotwork braid. This thing's Liberati.
[18:41] <Craig> ::floats over and gives a short wave back:: so what can i do for ya?
[18:42] <Gabriel> ::nods:: That's not surprising. They're the best spacers in the system, that seems clear enough. Still, I wouldn't want to implicate them in this.
[18:42] <Savant> Detro's being rewarded for his hard work - he's got a list of about a dozen companies that are supplying the CEF with all sorts of interesting goods. Costa Moreia, a familiar enough name, is on the list. So is Venarow Conglomerate
[18:42] <Gabriel> There's no need to blow that rock up, and I don't want the CEF torturing or killing them after we're gone.
[18:42] <Tychon> Well, I've been trying to follow up on that glitchiness we had before the, er, mission. Trouble is, I can't really make heads or tails of the NNet stuff. I was hoping you might have better luck with it, if you've got the time to spare.
[18:42] <Thierry> ::Looks at what Macedon was pointing at:: Might make it easier to get aboard though sir
[18:43] <Mem> ::further aft now, he glances at Birkin:: What the hell is that?
[18:43] <Birkin> Some of the Earther rations we got. One is called Peaches. Ever heard of it? ::pokes lightly at the package::
[18:43] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods:: wonder if we can sneak a stealthy drone in during the transfer? That's got to be chaos for the flight controlers.
[18:45] <Craig> well, everyone else if buried in data traffic at this point ::picks up a tool pouch and a PDA and climbs up to nike's cockpit:: lets see what we got here
[18:45] <Mem> Peaches? ::sniffs at Birkin's meal::
[18:45] <Detro> ::blinks:: Well, hello there...
[18:45] <Birkin> ::opens the package and takes a portion of the freeze dried peach and offers it to Mem::
[18:45] <Gabriel> That's a damned fine idea, Sous-Sergent. ::notes it down:: We could set it adrift on the rock's course, pilot it into one of those crags, then detatch it and fly it underneath a Sleipnir when the shuttle goes to Monolith.
[18:45] <Savant> Nike> ::The closest omnicam on Nike zooms in on Craig as he approaches, then swivels to look at Tychon, then back to Craig::
[18:45] <Mem> Well open it and taste it. ::adds the French twist at the end for his Southie friend:: Or I can.
[18:46] <Thierry> ::As they're talking, starts looking for a news station so he can listen to what the Capricians are saying...and possibly find out how the other Talons are doing::
[18:46] <Mem> ::takes it and sniffs at the peach bit::
[18:46] <Tychon> ::takes note of Nike's camera and smiles, waving to it, approaching with Craig so as to make sure the Gear doesn't feel unduly violated::
[18:46] <Birkin> ::has himself a bite of the small brick of peach::
[18:46] <Gabriel> Any flare from the drone's engines might be lost in the clutter of the Sleipnir's fusion bottle.
[18:46] <Detro> ::saves his results up to that point and starts a new search thread for anything on the Venarow Conglomerate, its rep on the Caprician Corporate Executive, and the NEC Colonial Board rep named Ludmilla Venarow::
[18:46] <Craig> ::looks at the omnicam to give nike a good look at him, he's worked on nike a few times before so he should be recognized::
[18:47] <Mem> ::takes a bite of the peach thing and evaluates it::
[18:47] <Birkin> ... Damn ::takes another bite of it:: I guess something good might come from earth after all? ::grins and puts the rest of the bar into his pocket, apparently saving it for later::
[18:48] <Detro> ::hrms, notes down what he's finding out:: Iiiinteresting.
[18:48] <Mem> ::thinks the peach tastes funny, but it was better than most of the Novan rations::
[18:49] <Savant> Thierry, after a bit of searching, finds a Gomorran news radio station
[18:49] <Mem> ::as to Birkin's comment about Earth:: The plants and animals aren't what's killing our families. It's the people.
[18:49] <Savant> Nike> ::Doesn't seem to move or react when Craig settles in, though it does keep a camera on him, and occasionally glances back at Tychon::
[18:49] <Birkin> or the whirrling of DNA they call a GREL
[18:49] <Detro> ::hrms, then chuckles::
[18:49] <Tychon> ::leans in to watch what Craig does, trying to learn what he can::
[18:50] <Gabriel> ::pulls up the most recent view of Monolith, looking for a particularly military-looking portion of the station::
[18:50] <Mem> What else do you have there? ::gestures at Birkin's other selections::
[18:50] <Craig> ::pats nike's frame as he makes his way under the seat to access the NNet:: don't worry, we're not going to mess with anything, we just want to see what made you jump the other day ::takes one of the tools from his pouch, it looks like a screwdriver, and used it to open a panel in the side of the NNet box::
[18:51] <Birkin> ::motions at the other stuff:: Just standard rations. Although this one apparently is from earth as well. You know what Corn Flakes are?
[18:52] <Detro> ::musing aloud:: What's that old saying... an army travels on its stomach?
[18:52] <Mem> Corn Flakes? Sounds horrible.
[18:53] <Mem> That's right up there with meat melon.
[18:53] <Craig> ::the panel reveals several data ports, he hooks up his PDA to one of them and starts a diagnostic routine::
[18:53] <Thierry> ::Centers in on a Gomorran station and starts listening
[18:54] <Detro> ::decides to focus on accumulating as much information as he can on Venarow Conglomorate::
[18:54] <Craig> ::starts chuckling as the results start coming in:: you got yourself a learner here
[18:55] <Tychon> What's that? ::peers more closely, intrigued::
[18:55] <Detro> ::uncurls himself from the couch, floating upwards... letting the computer sort out the data a bit::
[18:55] <Mem> Where's all this at? I'm getting hungry.
[18:56] <Birkin> Eh. I'll give it a try. ::points in the direction of the food stores:: Some of the boxes we liberated a while ago. I figure I'll eat that crap, trying to save the good Terra Novan stuff for later on
[18:56] <Detro> ::floating up towards Mem and Birkin:: Where's all what at?
[18:57] <Gabriel> ::after thinking, and staring at the picture, points at the Napoleon, tied up at dock:: If we put a nuke-armed drone about... there... that would probably cut the ship loose, and maybe destabilize that entire spar.
[18:57] <Mem> The Earther food. Pitchis and corn flakes. Sounds revolting, but I gotta see what else there is.
[18:57] <Detro> Huh, really? Any sort of corporate chop on it?
[18:57] <Mem> ::pulls himself "up" and aft, towards the storage area::
[18:58] <Birkin> I think I saw some corp logo on some of it. "Made proudly by bootlicking Capricians" or something like that.
[18:58] <Detro> ::Wry chuckle:: By 'bootlicking', do you mean Venarow Conglomorate?
[18:58] <Gabriel> All it would take would be a frigate or two to come loose, and that part of the shipyard would look like one of Caporal Detro's billiards games.
[18:58] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::macedon's typing, following yet another lead as he replies:: Yeah. I was considering that too. Looks like Napoleon's done and just sitting there. Maybe it's playing defense for the station? We'll have to be careful.
[18:58] <Craig> neural nets help gears adjust to certain situations, if the pilot can't react fast enough, the NNet can sometimes compensate, sometimes the neural net will automatical do things that the pilot would do. basically it can pick up on the pilot's habits
[18:58] <Birkin> I was thinking of food, not names. But the V was probably there.
[18:59] <Gabriel> <<Sous-Sergent Detro, even>>
[18:59] <Thierry> ::Keeps one ear on the headset and one ear on Gabe and Cory::
[18:59] <Birkin> ::turns his fruit bar over:: oh hey. This one has a V on it here. ::points it out:: Venarow. Nice guess.
[18:59] <Mem> ::turns the corner and quickly locates the appropriate palette, and opens the container to see what was on the menu::
[18:59] <Detro> ::Grins:: Might make an interesting target. Ever hear of the old saying that an army travels on its stomach?
[19:00] <Tychon> ::nods:: I follow you so far. Are you saying Nike, er, is doing what I would do on her own now?
[19:00] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Found a hotshot. ::points at his screen:: courier ship going between the belt and Caprice. Loaded down with... hm. leaking some funny radiation. CEF ship, too.
[19:00] <Gabriel> ::nods:: A second drone, then. Targeted... about there. Where that carrier's tied up. We set that one off first, then the second near Napoleon a half-minute or so later. Get every gun eye on Napoleon looking to their left and bring the drone in from the right.
[19:00] <Craig> ::looks back at nike:: it would seem so, if you saw or heard something unknown, what would be the first thing you'd do?
[19:01] <Birkin> Yeah. You thinking of hitting these guys or something
[19:01] <Tychon> ::smirks, a bit sheepishly:: Probably turn my sensors on it and upload the data to the group...
[19:01] <Detro> Sure, why not? Stop the food, they either have to take it from the civilians, which pisses THEM off, or bring it all the way from home, which pisses their quartermasters off. ::chipper look:: I'd say that's a win-win situation.
[19:01] <Gabriel> ::pulls up this second target:: That'll play merry hob with sensors around it. Where's that one going?
[19:02] <Thierry> ::Shifts over to the new target::
[19:03] <Savant> NEWS> ...and that's the conclusion of the speech from the Commonwealth. Now we have with us some guests who are going to discuss the recent rise in the Commonwealth Youth group popularity. We have here with us Dr Marisha Chen from Hakkar U, and CID Inspector-general Darrian Guisele...
[19:03] <Birkin> Find out if they supply the Capricans with good and how much they do. We wouldn't want to be walking around the Eye while food riots are breaking out
[19:04] <Mem> ::rummages for a moment, grabs a handful of rations, then closes the crate and heads back towards the crew compartment::
[19:04] <Craig> ::nods:: thats what nike did, it's not a bad thing, just something to get used to, eventually nike will learn to check first before jumping to conclusions as i'm sure you do
[19:05] <Tychon> ::smirks:: Right...so that's the extent of it, then? There's no virus or damage or anything?
[19:05] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> HArd to tell right now. High Caprice orbit anyways, could be monolith, ro one of the Arclights... ::pauses to think:: Hah! It's hauling antimatter! Must be Monolith. ::pauses again:: Merde. What are they doing with all that antimatter?
[19:05] <Thierry> ::Sets the computer to record the piece on propoganda and starts looking for something more substantive::
[19:05] <Detro> ::nods, glancing at the field data glove:: It's crunching the information it can get right now. And yeah, food riots would be bad, but it's good opportunity for us too.
[19:06] <Thierry> I'm more interested in what we could do with it
[19:06] <Gabriel> ::frowns and brings up whatever the database has or what he can remember about the CEF using anti-matter and how they move it around::
[19:06] <Mem> ::side-floats Detro and glances at Aggie, stopping himself:: Taste this shit for me, and tell me it's better than our shit. ::holds out an Earther ration::
[19:07] <Thierry> ::Looks at Mem:: What is it?
[19:07] <Detro> ::chuckle:: Sure. ::takes the packet and after a quick rip of the seal, samples some of its innards::
[19:07] <Savant> NEWS> ... and that's the speech form the throne, ladies and gentlemen! Let's celebrate another year in the glorious Commonwealth with a reading from the book of Gallot. It looks to me like it's the last chapter! They've been on the plunge for almost a decade, can they pull out? We've got new information that may give you a surprise answer to that question...
[19:07] <Mem> ::holds it out to Aggie, too::
[19:08] <Craig> ::shakes head:: actually almost all neural nets learn to some extent, sure nike's learning fast but i don't see any problem with letting it continue ::glances over at the other gears:: i swear deacon's a fast learner too, swifty might be a slow learner, but then again i'm a pretty laid back person most of the time so it's quite possible swifty's taken that trait as well ::chuckles again::
[19:09] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::looks up from her reading - who knows what it is, she doesn't seem lucid enought o be paying attention:: what is it? ::takes it with her good hand::
[19:09] <Mem> Mystery meat.
[19:09] <Thierry> +Com+ Hey guys, I got an interesting news report here for anyone whos interested ::Sends frequency to other consoles while trying to recover this speech he's veen hearing about::
[19:09] <Mem> ::grins at her and hands her the opened ration::
[19:09] <Mem> Just tell me if it's any good. ::glances at the wrapper:: I don't honestly know what it is.
[19:09] <Gabriel> ::without looking up from his reading:: +com+ Record it for me.
[19:11] <Thierry> ::Starts recording this report as well while still looking for this speech:: +Com+ Aye sir. I keep hearing about some speech from the Commonwealth, working on getting that too
[19:11] <Gabriel> So far as I know, the CEF doesn't have any production antimatter engines. They only use that stuff for bombs. What would it be doing out here? Where did it come from?
[19:12] <Detro> ::smacks his mouth a bit:: Mmm... ::Swallows:: Not bad. Pasty, tasteless, dry... everything you'd ever expect from military rations and more. ::grins::
[19:12] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::looks at the baked rice-bar radion and takes an experimental bite, chewing thoughtfully:: hm... can't taste a thing. Sorta.. powdery.
[19:13] <Mem> ::smirks:: Eat a bunch of these, and you start invading innocent cultures and turning purple. ::winks and heads further up, towards Gabriel and the cockpit::
[19:14] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> You've got me, sir. ::Shrugs:: Looks like weak antimatter mixed in with its fusion exhaust. It's leaking through the hull. Looks like it came from inside the belt. Isn't any antimatter out there - don't know where they spun it up. Probably some secret base out there.
[19:14] <Detro> ::shrugs:: The same could be said of northie rations I'd guess. ::smirk::
[19:14] <Detro> Just without the purple part.
[19:15] <Gabriel> ::frowns and nods:: Are you sure the antimatter isn't part of this ship's engine signature? You're sure it's cargo?
[19:15] <Savant> After a moment or two of searching, Thierry finds the proper transmission and it begins to play - it's a refined anglic speaker with a bit of a Siberian accent. He's talking about the continued growth of the Caprician economy and the good work that Caprician efforts are doing back on Earth and for themselves. More than propaganda, for sure, but it's heavily mixed in.
[19:15] <Mem> ::comes up to Gabriel and Macedon, butting in:: Can we blow it up?
[19:15] <Mem> ::after saying this, he looks over his captain's shoulder and makes a first attempt to figure out what's going on::
[19:16] <Tychon> ::grins and looks up at his Gear:: So is that what's going on with you? ::looks back to Craig:: Think we should report all this in, or is it kind of an expected thing to not worry about?
[19:16] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::frowns and squints:: They might be injecting tiny ammounts of it into their reactor. That'd be hell on the reactor though, but you'd get quite a kick. Huh. Let me do more work on it.
[19:16] <Gabriel> ::looks over his shoulder at Gage and nods:: Might be advisable, but we need more information. If it maintains its present speed, how long until it reaches Caprice orbit?
[19:17] <Thierry> ::Starts listening to the speech and records it::
[19:17] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::checks his figures:: Six days. Thing's burning like a comet.
[19:17] <Mem> ::offers Gabriel a bit of the powdery ration:: The secret fo Earth domination. We've found it.
[19:17] <Detro> ::resuming the conversation with Birkin:: I mean, it could be a double edged sword. Paints us as the bad guys if it hits the civilians any... but if we can do something about the CEF's supply of food here, maybe we can starve them out.
[19:18] <Savant> Nike> ::The camera of the gear again zooms in on Tychon, as if it's aware that it's being spoken of.
[19:18] <Mem> Peaches, corn flakes, and this powdery shit. You are what you eat, I've heard.
[19:18] <Craig> ::nods:: the captain will need to know, at least so he doesn't get caught by suprise again, this kind of behavior in my opinion isn't worth wiping a NNet over, it could be beneficial once nike learns to control that habit better
[19:18] <Thierry> ::Listens closely for mentions of captured Talons::
[19:19] <Gabriel> ::looks at the snack in an extremely dubious manner:: So I've heard.
[19:19] <Tychon> ::blinks, his eyes going wide momentarily:: -Wiping- an NNet?
[19:20] <Mem> So... ::takes a small bite of a ration and swallows:: It's a cargo ship full of antimatter?
[19:20] <Savant> NEWS> ... the Terranovan terrorists are a passing concern - the Colonial Expeditionary Forces' finest have begun to establish a strong security net throughout the Outer Blessed ASteroid Belt, ensuring that the water supply vital to this planet flows uninterrupted.
[19:21] <Gabriel> So. We can use the comet for cover for our nukes, and attack the rock as a diversion... or possibly vice versa.
[19:21] <Thierry> ::Chuckles:: If we're just a passing concern then why send half a fleet after one Talon
[19:21] <Detro> I mean, it's a little less riskier than attacking the water up here.
[19:22] <Gabriel> And it's either that, or it's one of their experimental antimatter engine ships. ::zooms in on the ship, trying to get a feel for the size and class::
[19:22] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Antimatter in it somewhere, that much is for sure. I'm not as much a science mook as I'd like, but I swear that's antimatter. Studied Peace River. I know that spike.
[19:22] <Detro> ::Brings up the dataglove to see what else it's managed to uncover about V.C.::
[19:23] <Craig> ::nods:: sometimes a NNets picks up a particularly nasty habit that prevents it from being useful in a combat situation, i haven't heard of anyone being able to just erase that one habit yet so they always get wiped, it's a pretty extreme procedure since it could reduce NNet with 40 plus cycles of experience down to baby status again
[19:23] <Mem> "Experimental antimatter engine ships"? I must have missed that briefing.
[19:24] <Detro> Ah, here we are. Their stock spiked eleven cycl... err, years ago when they got the contract to supply the CEF with food. Solid since then.
[19:24] <Gabriel> The CEF has been playing with them for a couple of cycles. ::attempts to zoom in on the distant ship and manages only to produce a fuzzy image::
[19:25] <Tychon> ::absent-mindedly places a hand on Nike's frame:: Man...I thought that was more myth than fact. Something that happened maybe once in the lifetime of an entire army.
[19:25] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Macedon restrains a sigh and refocuses the camera on the rocketing courier ship, trying to pin the view in tighter. He manages to do so - it's a sleipnir.::
[19:26] <Detro> ::starts working the glove more, slowly drifting forward::
[19:26] <Mem> ::takes another bite as he watches the screen, then leans on the side bulkhead::
[19:26] <Thierry> ::Keeps listening and watching pondering where else he might look::
[19:27] <Gabriel> I can't believe they would just leave a shuttle out there unguarded. They know we're out here somewhere. It's not the keff's style.
[19:27] <Craig> ::nods:: it's pretty rare, most bad habits are kept though, there was one gear we had on the team that didn't like sand or dust, had a tough time getting it through the white sands desert but we managed
[19:27] <Thierry> ::looks back at gabe:: Another trap perhaps?
[19:28] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::pauses and taps a bit more:: Woah. Heh, if it weren't flying like a comet, we wouldn't've spotted it. Look at those heat baffles and the armour angles. That's a stealthed sleipnir.
[19:29] <Tychon> ::raises an eyebrow:: Sand or dust? Huh. ::glances up at Nike, wondering if she's going to pick up any "bad" habits along the way::
[19:29] <Detro> ::wonders why it is they always seem to find themselves cloistered around the cockpit... drifts to a stop behind them, working the glove for more information::
[19:29] <Gabriel> ::frowns:: Isn't that interesting. Jeremi, could we get ahead of this comet if we had to?
[19:29] <Savant> The "Commonwealth Speech" finishes after about ten minutes. It's fairly brief, but you get the impression that these things are seasonal, not yearly. The broadcast ends.
[19:30] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::without even looking:: Just say where and when, sir.
[19:30] <Mem> ::nearly chokes on the ration:: What the ... stealthed sleipnir is the antimatter vehicle?
[19:30] <Thierry> ::Switches off the speech and starts looking towards the military channels for any mention of this ship::
[19:31] <Gabriel> It's sorely tempting to use this ship as a diversion for our Monolith attack. But it's also sorely tempting to raid the thing. A stealthed Sleipnir probably means a Valkyrie strike team.
[19:31] <Mem> So where are they making the antimatter, and can we get some?
[19:31] <Gabriel> That would be a premiere source of intel.
[19:31] <Detro> Antimatter, huh? That would be awfully nice to plant that as a surprise under Paladin Lots...
[19:31] <Mem> ::nods, looking at Jeremi:: Plot up a course just in case. What'd be our time to intercept?
[19:32] <Craig> <<ok replace my last line with "nnets can be retrained but it's very difficult, we've got spares in case one picks up a bad habit, we'd have to wait till we're back on terranova before we make any retraining attempt">>
[19:32] <Gabriel> ::unstraps and pushes himself out of his chair, then heads for the galley, obviously in thought::
[19:32] <Savant> MILCOM> [Siberian] ... ector three, sector three. Transiting to Way Charlie, ETA two hour fifteen minutes. No angels, I say again, no angels.
[19:32] <Detro> ::makes a hole to let Tynes through::
[19:33] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::looks at his terminal and types:: Hm. Five hours if you give me a good burn. Do we want'em to know we're coming?
[19:34] <Thierry> Too slow, wherever it is they're going they'll be there in two
[19:34] <Mem> Uhh, no probably not. ::watches Tynes head aft and then glances over at his computer::
[19:34] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::shrugs:: I don't work magic. At least, not that much magic.
[19:34] <Detro> ::narrows the list down to about 2 dozen locations... he saves these in a separate file for possible investigation or ideal places to do a little sabotage::
[19:35] <Tychon> ::scratches his head:: Well, guess we ought to go talk to the cap, then...
[19:35] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Make it seven, then, Lieutenant. I can get us there in seven.
[19:36] <Mem> Can you pull a dawg out of your hat, too?
[19:36] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::smirks:: if it has wings.
[19:36] <Gabriel> ::reaches the galley and pulls a bulb of cawfee, another of juice, and a ration pack::
[19:37] <Mem> They usually don't. That's why it's magic.
[19:37] <Thierry> Cory, any ships in that slepnir's path?
[19:37] <Craig> ::unhooks the PDA from Nike's NNet and replaces the panel, patting the frame once more before climbing down:: i wouldn't worry about nike, at least we know what's happening and can probably expect more, i'm certainly interested in seeing where this goes
[19:37] <Mem> ::grins and looks across at the computer terminal to check on the status of his program::
[19:37] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> I can only do magic in the air. Maybe if the hat's at five thousand klicks.
[19:38] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Not that I can see. With them burning like that, though, it'd be really easy for them to change vector, so it's hard to tell where they're going.
[19:38] <Tychon> ::nods:: As am I. Thanks a lot, Sarge. I hope I didn't wake you up. ::suddenly looks terribly concerned by that thought:: I know a lot of the guys have been trying to get as much sack-time as they can lately.
[19:39] <Thierry> Anything they might rendezvous with in say, two hours or so
[19:39] <Savant> Nike> ::Looks down at Craig as he climbs down, then back at Tychon. The Gear clearly wants to know if it's going for a walk::
[19:39] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:40] <Gabriel> ::breaks the chemical seal on the ration pack, waits for it to heat up, then presses out bits of it, chewing, still thoughtful::
[19:40] <Craig> ::slowly floats to the flood of the bay before pushing off again towards the door:: i was just waking up actually, it's no problem, lets go
[19:40] <Craig> <<er floor>>
[19:40] * Prescot has quit IRC (Quit: )
[19:41] <Mem> ::glances at Thierry, then tunes it into his own station and puts on a headset::
[19:41] <Tychon> ::pats Nike's frame again and closes up the various access ports -- and the canopy -- that were left open:: Gotta go talk to the cap'n. Back later. Relax. ::offers the Gear -- the Gear! -- a smile and turns to follow Craig::
[19:41] <Detro> ::drifts about, looking at the others nearby:: If anyone's interested, I've got the locations of some warehouses that might be potential targets to shut down the CEF's local food supply .
[19:41] <Savant> Mem gets the tail end of some siberian speech, and then the channel cycles to a new frequency
[19:41] <Thierry> +Com+ Cap, I think I got the transports comm channel
[19:42] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Doctor. Lock it in and monitor.
[19:42] <Savant> Nike> ::Watches Tychon leave, waiting for the pilot to walk out of the bay before going to standby mode::
[19:42] <Thierry> +Com+ Will do ::Locks in the Frequency and feeds it to Mem::
[19:43] <Mem> ::checks the frequency and looks at his comm tracking program checking frequencies, wondering if it'll pick up any new activity--he also made this the computer's top priority and abandoned a couple of other running tasks::
[19:43] <Craig> ::chuckles again:: if gears had lips i'm sure the next thing he'd learn would be smiling
[19:43] <Gabriel> ::finishes the ration pack and crushes the packaging, following it with the contents of the juice bulb, then crushes that and tosses both into waste::
[19:44] <Gabriel> ::pockets the cawfee bulb for the moment, then pushes back toward the cockpit::
[19:44] <Savant> Nike> ::after a few moments more, the vehicle bay lights dim automatically as there are no longer any occupants. Nike powers back up and takes a half step back, deeper into its niche, right up agianst its harness. It presses into the shadows and moves a manipulator to the handle of its autocannon. Then it goes back to standby::
[19:44] <Tychon> ::grins back, as if to punctuate that suggestion:: Yeah, I spend a bit too much time with her, I guess.
[19:44] <Mem> ::nods at Thierry's earlier question and repeats it, calling out to the cockpit:: Navigation, any points of interest within three hours of the sleipnir?
[19:46] <Savant> MILCOM> ::It is a KAssandra speaking, though something's different about her voice:: [Siberian] ... Engines report normal stress at full burn. No deviation from model. Next report in one half hour. Out.
[19:46] <Detro> ::seeing no comments to his own, he puzzles over the data::
[19:47] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::grunts under his breath:: Looks like they pass the orbit of Carthage.
[19:47] <Mem> ::checks:: What's at Carthage?
[19:48] <Craig> ::raises an eyebrow slightly:: ahh i keep forgetting you consider nike a she
[19:48] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> A planet ::grins:: seriously, not a lot. Maybe some research stations? Not sure.
[19:48] <Thierry> +Com+ Might want to take a listen Cap
[19:49] <Tychon> ::shrugs:: The name comes from a fictional figure that was a she. Seems appropriate.
[19:49] <Detro> ::pulls up the CCE list and scrolls down the members...deciding to change direction and look at the propoganda side of things, starting with the CENN::
[19:49] <Tychon> ::grins, lowering his voice:: And it's way more fun to think about "riding a girl around" rather than "riding a guy around," sir.
[19:49] <Mem> Yes, the planet, but is it here? Or is it just the orbit the sleipnir is intercepting?
[19:50] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Oh, just the orbit.
[19:50] <Craig> ::floats down the hall into the middeck and starts looking around for any sign of the captain:: that makes... ::catches the added remark:: sense, guess i never thought of it that way
[19:50] <Gabriel> ::reaches the cockpit and grasps one of the overhead handles:: I can hear it, doctor, thank you. Peresalona, course change. I want a very cautious burn to a point 12 hours ahead of the comet's trajectory. We'll release two drones there and use the comet as cover.
[19:50] <Gabriel> Do not let them see us.
[19:51] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Very good sir. ::nods and starts to do some calculations, very clearly not enjoying them::
[19:51] <Gabriel> Lieutenant Gage, check the Gears for deployment. Once our drones are deployed, I'll want a course back to the Liberati's rock. We'll hit its docking bay with Gears, break in, and see how many of its Sleipnirs we can destroy in their bay.
[19:51] <Gabriel> Sous-Sergent Macedon, I'll want your best visual intel of those bay doors, including what we'll need to breach them.
[19:52] <Craig> ::spots tynes at the hatch to the cockpit and floats over::sir?
[19:52] <Tychon> ::grins again and quiets down a bit as he follows Craig over to Tynes::
[19:52] <Mem> Yessir. ::sets his program to autoscan and stows the headset again, pushing off aft:: Craig, come on.
[19:52] <Thierry> ::Locks the Slepnirs comm into the computer and sets it to alert him if there's any activity then starts looking for that of the Liberati transport::
[19:52] <Gabriel> It's tempting to raid the comet, but it strikes me as greedy. ::turns:: Oh, Master Sergeant. Prep two of our Skags. I want electro-adhesive panels on them. They've got a five day ride against the belly of the comet to Caprice orbit.
[19:54] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ All stations. Two minute burn in fifteen minutes. Please stow any loose articles in your overhead storage compartments.
[19:54] <Gabriel> Back to the couches, everyone. We've got six days to prepare Gears and plan our little raid.
[19:55] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[19:55] <Mem> ::presses a button, going ship-wide:: +com+ This is the LT, gear readiness check in two hours. ::goes to take his seat in preparation for the burn, glancing at Aggie:: You good?
[19:55] <Mem> ::attn::
[19:55] <Craig> ::nods:: yessir, just wanted to report on the status of Nike, after that incident, turns out h...she...is learning some of caporal tychon's habits, my opinion so far is that there is no danger to us
[19:55] <Craig> doh::attn::
[19:55] * Savant nudges those up a few lines
[19:55] <Detro> ::Attn::
[19:55] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[19:56] <Savant> it seemed a good point to pause at. Everything following this would likely be winding down, so it seemed a good point to press the button.
[19:56] <Thierry> ::ATTN::
[19:56] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Makes sense.
[19:56] <Savant> I really do encourage aftersimming though, as there's a lot to deal with still. I bet Tychon wants to talk to Gabe about Nike.
[19:56] <Savant> but, any questions?
[19:57] <Detro> And I'd encourage checking out the Gomorran Corporations page in the Wiki. I've put in everything Detro has learned so far.
[19:57] <Savant> which is awesome. Feel free to do that with any page. The wiki is for you too.
[19:57] <Savant> who would like some experience points?
[19:58] <Gabriel> That'd be good. Wink
[19:58] <Tychon> ohmeohmeohme
[19:58] <Detro> Rich Ovaltine? I do, I do!
[19:58] <Savant> one for the money, two for the show. Three is for teamwork: give me some examples.
[19:58] <Detro> Detro and Mem are still slogging away on the data file, which is doubling our rate of analysis.
[19:59] <Savant> Mem rolled investigation today?
[19:59] <Tychon> Craig + Tychon figuring out what's wrong with Nike.
[19:59] <Detro> Hmm, guess not. How 'bout... yeah, what Ryan said
[19:59] <Savant> that is true. Good of Tychon to call him in
[19:59] <Detro> And Birkin helped confirm Detro's research in an indirect way. Smile
[19:59] <Craig> craig giving tychon a lesson on neural nets:)
[20:00] <Detro> That the food is indeed being made by the Viet Co...err, Venarow Conglomorate.
[20:00] <Craig> lol
[20:00] <Savant> so far this isn't enough to warrant an experience point i'm afraid. You've been interacting, but not really working as a team tightly tonight. Not that you can be expected to every night
[20:01] <Thierry> Mem and Thierry on the com?
[20:01] <Savant> doesn't seem to be that much working together in that one
[20:01] <Thierry> kk
[20:01] <Savant> anyways. Anything for storyline advancement?
[20:02] <Detro> In at least two areas I think.
[20:02] <Craig> we advanced the NNet sidestory some:)
[20:02] <Savant> true that
[20:02] <Gabriel> Lots of stuff there. The Hitler Youth, the comet, that Napoleon's back in berth, that we finally have a concrete plan to hit the place, something we've been wanting to do for at least 18 months (IRL).
[20:02] <Savant> yeah, it's been a long row to hoe.
[20:02] <Gabriel> Fraser will be upset if he isn't here for it. Wink
[20:02] <Savant> hee
[20:02] <Detro> And having exposed a bit more about the corporations.
[20:03] <Thierry> And a nice propoganda speech Smile
[20:03] * Savant nods. I'll give you the storyline point.
[20:03] <Craig> looks like we have confirmed the use of antimatter engines
[20:03] <Gabriel> Semi-confirmed, anyway.
[20:03] <Savant> no combat. three points. I'll make it four if you can tell me something you like about the Liberati.
[20:03] <Detro> <Lys> PRETTY RIBBONS! ^_^
[20:04] <Detro> <Joanna> Good cooking, once you can stomach it.
[20:04] <Thierry> Pretty women, good cooking, and they can drive an asteroid. Nuff said in my book Smile
[20:04] <Detro> <Detro> On their own, fighting the good fight and surviving.
[20:04] <Gabriel> What I've learned so far about the culture is fun. I didn't realize it was legal to read chapters 1-3, so as soon as my HG books are unpacked, I'll start. Wink What I've learned so far is great fun and fits together logically.
[20:05] <Savant> what's int he book is not everything, i've made up a lot too. but you'llr ecognize a lot of it.
[20:05] <Savant> recognize, even
[20:05] <Detro> ::grins:: Ironically, the death of a Liberati is the most interesting.
[20:05] <Savant> I think the Liberati are possibly the most interesting culture in the Heavy Gear universe
[20:05] <Mem> I like that the Liberati is everything the Gomorrans aren't. But we really don't know much
[20:05] <Detro> ...until we meet hte Utopians, right?
[20:05] <Savant> hope you find out more this time
[20:05] <Savant> shh. you don't know about them ^_-
[20:06] <Mem> Those of you reading books are welcome to enlighten us Wink
[20:06] <Savant> and no. Liberati are tops in my book.
[20:06] <Thierry> Off channel Smile
[20:06] <Savant> anyone else?
[20:06] <Craig> the van saars are the best liberati we've met so far, though i guess mem and thierry might debate that:)
[20:06] <Savant> yes, but what makes you think they're the best?
[20:06] <Detro> 'sides, we know there WAS a Utopia colony, right?
[20:07] <Savant> also, this isn't really a fair question for Tychon, since he hasn't really interacted with them yet, I guess.
[20:07] <Savant> yes, there definately was.
[20:07] <Craig> they've been the most open with the talons
[20:07] <Thierry> Eh, they're all dead or in jail now Smile
[20:07] <Detro> So. I comment they're interesting on the grounds of that we haven't heard from them in a long time ^_^
[20:07] <Savant> heh
[20:07] <Mem> It's been so long, Colin, I honestly don't remember a lot about the van Saars... except the sand showers.
[20:07] <Savant> they are certainly interesting, i'll give them that
[20:07] <Detro> And the dresses.
[20:07] <Detro> <Joanna> ::Grumbles::
[20:08] <Savant> you met some more liberati just awhile ago. Remember, memn trying to sleep with one?
[20:08] <Savant> Mem, even
[20:08] <Mem> They aren't the van Saars though.
[20:08] <Mem> I'm saying I don't remember our first Liberati stuff.
[20:08] <Savant> i said Liberati, not Van Saars
[20:08] * Savant nods, that was awhile ago
[20:08] <Mem> I said van Saars. Wink
[20:08] <Savant> Tychon: your question, since you don't know the liberati, is to tell me something you like about Terranovan culture.
[20:09] <Tychon> From an IC or OOC POV?
[20:09] <Savant> whateva
[20:09] <Mem> the spacer liberati seemed different, though. didn't strike me as familiar as encountering the van Saars on Caprice would be. that's the only thing I was getting at.
[20:09] <Savant> ah, okay. And yes, they're definately different. The al Bansens are very different.
[20:09] <Tychon> OOC, I really like how intelligently they put it together. They didn't make TN a monoculture like some sci-fi tends to do; there's a real history there and a sense of nationalism.
[20:10] <Savant> awesome. I like that sort of responce.
[20:10] <Savant> points for everyone!
[20:10] <Craig> the al bansens had alot of mixed feelings about it, some were even hostile as aggie can attest too, i guess it's safe to say the interesting thing about the liberati is their unpredictability
[20:10] <Tychon> Yay points!
[20:10] <Savant> that's four. God bless.
[20:10] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. Goliath in Session'
[18:00] <Detro> ::attn::
[18:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:00] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:00] <Ardelmos> ::attn and stuff::
[18:00] * McC has joined #bt05
[18:00] * ChanServ sets mode: +o McC
[18:00] * Brad is now known as Mem
[18:00] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:00] <Savant> Hellos and good evening to you all. Welcome once again to another exciting episode of the Black Talons!
[18:01] <Gabriel> Yay?
[18:01] <Gabriel> Hm. Yes. Yay. Yay!
[18:01] <Gabriel> Wink
[18:01] <Detro> This week, NOT pre-empted by a major sporting event or blackout!
[18:01] <Savant> As you may have noticed, there was no game last week. Apologies. Feel free to hate-bomb Epcor for that one
[18:01] * Detro hate-bombs Epcot by mistake
[18:01] <Gabriel> ::straps a TD on Erinyes and trades out Deacon's HRP for an HGM::
[18:02] <Savant> this week we will watch the Fury rocket closer to Loki, crossing over the orbit of Carthage and into more heavily monitored space.
[18:02] <Savant> i'll brief you, and then we'll be off.
[18:02] <Savant> Goliath
[18:02] <Savant> 30 Autumn TN, 1500h - Late Morning
[18:02] <Savant> Deep Space, Near Carthage's Orbit
[18:02] <Savant> -273 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity. It's frickin space.
[18:02] <Savant> The last six days have gone by slowly.
[18:02] <Savant> With the rocky progress of the last raid, the Talons are now spending some time in deep space to lick their wounds and wait for the best moment to spring out on their next target. While plans are being finalized for striking a CEF frigate to send as a fireship the the Monolith shipyards,
[18:02] <Savant> some of the Talons are nursing wounds and others are hanging on to life. Aggie, Pathfinders' dry-witted flight commander, has regained consciousness. Knight passed out on the hectic flight away from Gallot Refinery #9 and has yet to regain consciousness fully.
[18:02] <Savant> All in all, however, plans are coming together. Two items of interest have surfaced - a massive asteroid on a stable, eccentric orbit being used to shuttle goods to Caprice and back, and a high-speed Sleipnir en route to Caprice/Monolith with strange cargo - antimatter.
[18:02] <Savant> It is in this state that we find the Black Talons this morning, resting and making ready for their descent to the Gateworld and the Cat's Eye.
[18:02] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:03] <Detro> ack
[18:03] <Gabriel> ack
[18:03] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[18:03] <Craig> ack
[18:03] <Thierry> ack
[18:03] <Ardelmos> ack
[18:04] <Savant> I'm also ready for questions
[18:04] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:04] <Savant> Gabriel?
[18:04] <Gabriel> Have we done our drone launch yet at this point? I notice we're in the next day.
[18:04] <Savant> yes. And, for fun. I'd like you guys to write up a "program" for your drone, since it's going off on a mission on its own
[18:05] <Detro> "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"
[18:05] <Savant> Just write a set of instructions in the forum on what it is to do in any particular circumstance.
[18:05] <Gabriel> k We'll probably have to sit down and think about that one a little bit.
[18:05] <Savant> i'm fine with that. This week sometime is fine.
[18:06] <Savant> i suggest something more elaborate than what Detro is planning Wink
[18:06] <Craig> ::chuckles::
[18:06] <Savant> any other questions?
[18:06] <Savant> seems like a no. Let's be off, then.
[18:07] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:07] <Thierry> ::Is checking on Knight on the foredeck
[18:07] <Gabriel> ::is poring over, with some difficulty, the data the team gathered on the corporate networks the previous day::
[18:07] <Savant> While there's nothing really different about one area of space from the next, especially on this scale, something *feels* different as you approach Caprice and pass over CArthages' orbit. There's a tension, as you know the CEF is watching more closely here.
[18:08] <Detro> ::is trying to catnap, having been up late working on the corporate data::
[18:08] <Mem> ::watches a data pad rotate around in front of him, clearly uninterested::
[18:08] <Ardelmos> ::sits somewhat lazily in front of the communications console on the command deck, communications receivers trained at the stealthed Sleipnir, the asteroid base, and anything he can spot which might provide a signal bounce from either of those two sources::
[18:09] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::murmurs from his seat, beside Roland:: Prophet. There's gotta be ten thousand sensor buoys out there.
[18:11] <Thierry> ::Looks Knight over and sighs and then says to noone in particular:: He's in the prophet hands.
[18:11] <Savant> Inside, the computers are tickering away, observing any strange radio signal that ahppens to pass by PAthfinder, along with analysing and sorting what information its' already gleaned.
[18:11] <Ardelmos> ::looks from the communications console out the front portal, then back again:: I guess that means a course change is out of the question.
[18:11] <Craig> ::sits leisurely in Swifty's cockpit with the hatch open watching as the diagnostics for all the gears finish up::
[18:12] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Mmh. Something small maybe, but if we're going to, better make it fast. We're going to be locked in soon.
[18:12] <Detro> ::inwardly, he's thinking about what he's learned of the corps so far::
[18:13] <Ardelmos> ::grunts, then hits the internal communications switch:: +com+ Captain, if we're going to make a move, we're going to have to do it soon. We're getting awfully close to those sensor buoys.
[18:13] <Thierry> ::Takes a few more scans and then settles into his couch on the foredeck and starts fiddling with the PDA that contained Knight's chart::
[18:14] * dakabn has joined #bt05
[18:14] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[18:15] <Detro> ::Detro's face twitches slightly in a smile... for all the trouble zero-g causes, sometimes its nice... like the ability to float serenely and focus on one's thoughts::
[18:15] <Mem> ::up to the cockpit:: Are we there yet?
[18:15] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Senior Sergeant. The beauty of this plan is that we can hide ourselves behind the supply asteroid until there are much more interesting things for those surveillance birds to look at.
[18:16] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Not yet, sir. You kids stop crawling over the plane when we're flying or I'm gonna turn us right around.
[18:17] <Detro> ::without opening his eyes:: I'd pay good money to see that.
[18:17] <Mem> ::mutters so he can be heard:: First tour with the thing and he thinks he owns it.
[18:18] <Mem> ::smirks and floats up behind Roland, glancing at monitors::
[18:18] <Ardelmos> ::rubs his chin, there was a severe lack of radiation coming from the stealthed Sleipnir versus what he was used to -- not that it was surprising, considering its cargo::
[18:19] <Ardelmos> ::mutters to himself:: I wonder if it's already weaponized.
[18:19] <Mem> Find that "special girl" yet? ::over Roland's shoulder, looking at the readings::
[18:20] <Ardelmos> Oh, we know where she is. Sort of. Quiet as a mouse, though.
[18:20] <Thierry> ::Starts going back to scanning the Caprician information stations::
[18:20] <Savant> The stealth sleipnir is still on one of the screens, and it's a nasty beast. New reports on its capabilities are hazy, but it seems to be both fast and agile, and still rather armoured. A scarry little boat, with power to spare.
[18:20] <Craig> ::scrolls through the results, raising an eyebrow several times as he puts a highlight on Nike, Wren, JJ and Dash:: hmm, very interesting...
[18:22] <Gabriel> ::makes a couple of notes about the corporate in-fighting: "Hakkar isn't going for Gallot's throat the way they could." and "Costa Moreia has done what they could to stay out of it and voice support for Gallot's independence."::
[18:24] <Thierry> ::Scans for the stations he'd been listening to when they found the asteroid ship, looking for more information::
[18:25] <Gabriel> +com+ Senior Sergeant, any sign that the comet has noticed our tag-alongs?
[18:25] <Mem> It'd be fun to wake her up.
[18:25] <Detro> ::mentally looks at what he's seen of Caprice's corporate world from the angle of total war... which is what the CEF is starting to turn the planet into... not just mobilizing its production, but also its policy and social systems...::
[18:26] <Ardelmos> +com+ Same course. No unusual signals. If they know we're here, they haven't done anything about it yet.
[18:28] <Craig> ::pushes away from Swifty and floats to the work bench where a couple of his tech manuals clipped down, he flips through the pages of one that had several writeups on the NNets ability to learn and tries to find any mention of unusual incidents::
[18:28] <Gabriel> ::makes some further notes about who's taking undue advantage of the situation, notably Venarow and a smaller company called Teutatech, then files the whole mess away for Mem to look at others::
[18:28] <Gabriel> <<c/others/later/>>
[18:29] <Detro> ::finally opens his eyes as he pulls his data glove up in front of him and taps into the data stream, searching for the supporting sociopolitical information for his conclusions::
[18:29] <Mem> ::peeks into the cockpit:: How far out are we now?
[18:29] <Gabriel> ::closes the corporate files and pulls up the display of external sensors:: +com+ Have they continued transmitting status reports?
[18:29] <Savant> RADIO> (A Kassandra, in Anglic) ... ght 2129 on vector seven-four-point-nine-three, please come about to path gamma. You are cleared for landing pad seven-four. Welcome to Vega Spaceport. I say again ...
[18:31] <Ardelmos> +com+ Roger that, Captain. Standard flight report every four hours.
[18:34] <Detro> ::frowns... putting another idea up on the mental chalkboard... instead of fighting the corporations -- even the one helping the CEF -- they could fight the political structures being put in place::
[18:34] <Gabriel> ::pushes himself away from the console he's using on the foredeck and heads for the cockpit::
[18:34] <Thierry> ::Keeps listening as he pulls up the scans of the asteroid ship in a idle attempt to find something to do::
[18:35] <Mem> ::peeks into the cockpit:: How far out are we now?
[18:35] <Mem> ::makes room for Tynes::
[18:35] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::Doesn't look back, but cajoles:: Man, it's like flying with kids. We still have a lot of time.
[18:35] <Detro> ::starts working on putting together information on the NEC Colonial Board and the public side of the CID on Caprice::
[18:36] <Craig> ::hmms as he closes the manual, not finding what he was looking for::+com+ Craig to Mem, think you could come down to the vehicle bay for a moment?
[18:37] <Gabriel> ::casually:: Don't get cocky, Corporal. How good are our pictures of the comet? Good enought project design changes from a standard Sleipnir?
[18:37] <Mem> ::starts to say something in response to the rookie, but Tynes takes over::
[18:38] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::squints at the images of the sleipnir:: No fusion bottles. Must have a completely different power train. I bet that they just used the Sleipnir's chassis, the rest has to be custom.
[18:39] * LrdVampyre has joined #bt05
[18:39] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:39] <Ardelmos> ...antimatter detonation engine? Or something else?
[18:39] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::looks over at Tynes:: She's a one-of-a-kind bird, sir. Looks very well suited for atmospheric operations, too. She'll be a scary weapons platform or hot-drop ship if there's another war.
[18:40] <Gabriel> ::nods at Aggie:: I can't get over what a good source of intel that ship would be. But hitting it would definitely blow our cover.
[18:40] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Er... no, don't think so. Don't really know, to tell the truth, sarge...
[18:41] <Gabriel> Got me to wondering if the external maintenance hatches would be the same places.
[18:41] <Mem> ::between Pereselona and Roland:: Only one way to find out. ::grins::
[18:42] <Ardelmos> ::grunts:: As the Captain says, that'd blow our cover. I don't feel like being chased down by the third fleet until Monolith is glowing red hot.
[18:42] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Looks like it's a fusion/antimatter hybrid. I don't see why not, sir. Half the ass-end of those things come open for repairs anyways, dont' see why it'd be any different.
[18:42] <Detro> ::starts downloading data on board members, CID officers, locations, and more::
[18:42] <Mem> ::kicks off from the cockpit:: I'll be back in a moment.
[18:42] <Mem> ::floats aft towards the vehicle bay::
[18:43] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:44] <Thierry> ::Looks to Roland:: Well, we could always just keep the thing. I mean, it would be a nice ride
[18:45] <Ardelmos> Until a battlegroup blew us up, yeah.
[18:45] <Craig> ::scrolls through more data on his PDA while wait for mem::
[18:45] <Detro> ::hrms, storing what information he's getting for later::
[18:45] <Mem> ::peeks into the vehicle bay:: What is it?
[18:46] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::mutters:: aw dawgshit, we're getting pinged. Jeremi, turn down the boiler.
[18:46] <Melissa> ::sits quietly, listening to all the activity::
[18:46] <Savant> There is a brief flurry of activity in the command pit of the Fury
[18:46] <Ardelmos> Where's it coming from? ::swivels around the communications console to see if those sensors record the ranging on the incoming radiation::
[18:47] <Gabriel> Everyone non-essential, clear out of here in case we have to burn.
[18:47] <Gabriel> ::follows his own order by flipping end over end, swimmer style, and pushing himself back toward his accustomed place on the foredeck::
[18:47] <Thierry> ::When the activity starts, Thierry starts scanning the military com frequencies::
[18:48] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Peresalona, cut all engines; Macedon, kill the forward radiators and anything active we have going.
[18:48] <Detro> ::spots the mass exodus from the cockpit out of the corner of his eye... without looking up at them:: Something up?
[18:49] <Ardelmos> ::watches the communications sensors spike with the incoming signal, then feeds the information through the computer to get the bearing::
[18:49] <Mem> ::barks:: Craig, what?
[18:49] <Gabriel> ::hits the 1MC from his place:: +com+ Everyone find something to strap to. It's possible that one of the surveillance birds in this area thinks it sees us.
[18:49] <Mem> ::glances around the vehicle bay, but then feels the engines die down::
[18:49] <Craig> ::spots men:: ahh, i needed to get your opinion, since you've worked with NNets as well, i'm sure you're aware of my investigation into the incident with out gears recently right?
[18:50] <Mem> Fuck it, later, get to your seat.
[18:50] <Detro> 'Thinks'? ::reaches out and pushes off the wall towards one of the acceleration couches::
[18:50] <Thierry> ::Straps in:: Nothing on the comms
[18:50] <Mem> ::leaves the vehicle bay as quickly as he entered and goes fore to figure out what's going on::
[18:50] <Craig> ::sighs and heads for the mid deck to strap in::
[18:51] <Melissa> ::shrugs and lets them do what needs to be done and straps in::
[18:51] <Savant> The cabin starts to heat up a little bit as the ships' radiators are turned off. Not yet uncomfortable, but in an hour it will be very much so::
[18:52] <Mem> ::makes good time up to the crew cabin and gets to his couch::
[18:52] <Detro> ::tucks in and stores the data glove's files::
[18:53] <Craig> ::finds an empty couch and straps himself down::
[18:53] <Ardelmos> Sensor buoy ::re-orients the Fury's cameras -- very slowly to avoid generating too much heat or shifting glare:: Whatever it's doing, it's talking. Looks like with the other buoys. Might be a periodic sweep -- ping, talk to everyone else and see if they saw anything, refocus and ping again.
[18:53] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Frowns at his console:: Thre it is again. From five of them.
[18:53] <Detro> ::once the files are stored, downs the data glove::
[18:54] <Gabriel> ::listens in on the cockpit chatter, starting to frown::
[18:54] <Thierry> ::Hmms himself::
[18:54] <Ardelmos> ::checks the spike from the communications receivers to see if the ping was more intense, or staggered this time (indicating multiple hits from more buoys::
[18:55] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::sighs:: Turn off the rear radiators too, Macedon. Lights out.
[18:56] <Ardelmos> They're not directed at us. Standard sweeps, but they're certainly focused on a block of space.
[18:56] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ We're going quiet, everyone. Kill anything you don't need.
[18:56] <Gabriel> ::transfers the most recent data he was looking at from the console to his data-glove, then shuts down the console::
[18:56] <Melissa> ::turns off her station and her pda and leans back, arms crossed behind her head::
[18:57] <Thierry> ::Kills his console::
[18:57] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> They thought they saw something in this region of space, so now they're doing a more directed search. Might even have someone behind them, since the Earthers know we're in system.
[18:57] <Mem> ::yawns a bit and tries not to think about the temperature rising::
[18:57] <Craig> ::uses his PDA to send a command to switfy and the other gears to power down for the time being::
[18:58] <Craig> <<er swifty>>
[18:58] <Savant> The lights in the Fury go dark, leaving only a few cool blue ones running. Even the main air processors shut down, leaving the ship dreadfully quiet and still. Light pours in from a few portholes facing Loki. It's a strange light, too white to feel like a sun.
[18:59] <Ardelmos> ::re-routes the communication sensors to output to the internal speakers to record further incoming pulses::
[18:59] * dakabn has left #bt05
[19:00] <Savant> In the mid-deck, the Talons face a grim silence. Up on the flight deck there's a little bit more noise - every few moments there's the staccato chirping of a series of sensor pings, one after the other in quick succession.
[19:01] <Mem> ::goes through what he knows or thinks he knows about Earther sensor operations in his head, but then gets bored and starts thinking about the bead of sweat trickling down the side of his head::
[19:01] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> I don't think they can see us... they would've focused in on us by now.
[19:01] <Ardelmos> ::nods:: I'm recording the intervals and directions. This might be useful for timing any maneuvers.
[19:02] <Savant> The temperature starts to climb more rapidly. With no way to vent the heat spilling out of the ships' systems it stays bottled up inside
[19:02] <Thierry> ::Thierry is even breathing quiter::
[19:03] <Detro> ::sweating, but then is used to the steamy jungles, so he brushes the feeling aside like the minor annoyance it is::
[19:03] <Ardelmos> ::frowns:: +com+ You might want to grab your helmets. If they don't stop the search soon, we might have to store our atmo and depressurize the ship.
[19:03] <Gabriel> ::calls forward:: Let's pull back a bit, closer to the asteroid. As tempting as it is to watch the comet, I don't think we can risk it any more.
[19:04] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Unless that's an order Sir, I'm not firing the engines right now.
[19:04] <Mem> ::glances up as Gabriel's voice is loud and sudden in the dead silence around him, then mutters to himself::
[19:04] <Ardelmos> ::calls back:: I don't know if firing the engines is a good idea right now, Captain.
[19:05] <Craig> ::unstraps and goes to one of the lockers to grab his helmet then returning to the couch::
[19:06] <Melissa> ::slips out of the restraints and moves to where her helemt is currently stored, putting it on before returning to her chair::
[19:06] <Savant> Silence reigns in Pathfinder for at least ten minutes - it feels like an hour. The smell of sweat and apprehension is heavy in the air, which is quickly growing stale.
[19:06] <Gabriel> ::tries the comms:: +com+ Is it going to get any better closer in?
[19:06] <Craig> ::slips the helmet on and once secure, he flips on the A/C::
[19:07] <Ardelmos> ::checks to see if they'll pass through the 'search zone' anytime soon::
[19:07] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ I don't see them doing an active hunt for much longer, sir. Once we're through we can reassess. But if we fire right now, they *will* spot us. Once the search is done we have a chance that we could get out through the net.
[19:07] <Thierry> ::Unstraps to go grab his helmet and then quickly gets back to his seat and then gets an idea:: Any way we could send out a false echo or something?
[19:08] <Mem> You guys need to seriously shower more often.
[19:08] <Gabriel> +com+ Very well.
[19:08] <Detro> ::closes his eyes and does his best to relax and stay calm::
[19:08] <Ardelmos> They're searching a reasonably small area of space, doc. No reason to make'm come any closer.
[19:09] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::exhales and looks up form his board:: I've got an active spoof campaign ready to go on your word, Lieutenant.
[19:09] <Thierry> ::Nods and then goes back to listening for comm traffic::
[19:09] <Ardelmos> Bad idea. Very bad idea.
[19:09] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Shrugs:: If we have to burn, it's better than nothing.
[19:09] <Ardelmos> You show them something, and we're going to have a battlegroup's worth of ships on our flight path.
[19:10] <Ardelmos> If we have to burn, we have their ping frequency.
[19:10] <Melissa> It is not uncommon for 'stealthy' vehicles to broadcast false signatures or spoofs to be more stealthy
[19:10] <Savant> Another few minutes pass, and the chatter of the pings has died off to nothing. Aggie seems to be holding her breath.
[19:11] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods at Melissa:: If we've got to do a hard burn I might be able to hide our trail actively.
[19:12] <Mem> ::peeks up into the cockpit from his seat, listening to what's going on::
[19:16] <Gabriel> +com+ We used to buzz Southern Republic reece birds and take out the middle one in the formation with a railgun shot. The debris scatter usually convined the Southies that they were dealing with a micrometeoroid hit.
[19:17] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> I think it's done. MAcedon, turn on the radiators again. Nothing else. Listen for a ping.
[19:18] <Savant> There's a low vibration. Usually you can't hear the radiators, but with everything esle off you can hear their gentle hum, like a set of refridgerators lined up in a row.
[19:18] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::pauses, then grins:: We've lost'em.
[19:19] <Ardelmos> +com+ We're through
[19:19] <Craig> ::hears the hum and waits a few moments before removing his helmet, the cabin is still a bit warm but noticeably cooling off
[19:19] <Craig> ::
[19:20] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::sighs:: Power us up. Let's bleed some heat. +com+ Captain, do you want us to change course? We can do some short burns and get on a new vector in a minute.
[19:20] <Mem> Silly Earthers.
[19:21] <Gabriel> +com+ Yes, please. Let's do a slow intercept for the supply asteroid's vector. We have to start preparing our diversion anyway.
[19:21] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::quotes a badlander's kids' show in a goofy voice:: Silly Earthers, hyuk hyuk hyuk! They shoulda knowed better!
[19:23] <Savant> The lights come back on, the atmospheric system kicks in, and Pathfinder is back to normal once more.
[19:24] <Ardelmos> ::mutters:: Let's not do that again.
[19:24] <Detro> ::Detro breathes out the air he was witholding::
[19:25] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::Exhales and slouches back into her chair... then slowly tries to relax her clenched fist; her fingers don't seem eager to comply::
[19:25] <Thierry> ::Sighs at Jermei's reference:: +Com+ You watched that garbage Jermei?
[19:26] <Gabriel> +com+ Well done, cockpit crew.
[19:26] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Jeremi, plot us a slow burn out of here once we've lost some of this heat. Get us on Livingstone vector.
[19:27] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> What? Me? No. Never. The kids did. You hear things.
[19:27] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Thanks, sir. You'll have about twenty minutes of floating time before you have to get back in your buckets.
[19:29] <Thierry> +Com+ Good. Wouldn't want to think my life was in the hands of someone who watched that stuff. I was cheering for the GREL half the time.
[19:29] <Mem> ::gets out of his chair and wipes the sweat from his face:: Nothing like a trip to the spa before an intense assault.
[19:29] <Detro> ::unstraps from his couch and pushes off slightly::
[19:29] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ ::chuckles:: Heh. The GREL was awesome.
[19:30] <Ardelmos> ::eye twitches slightly::
[19:30] <Gabriel> +com+ Let's hope that you root for a slightly different team now, doctor.
[19:30] <Mem> Rookies with fetishes for bad trideo kids' shows are no longer permitted to use the comm.
[19:30] <Gabriel> ::pushes himself clear of the console again::
[19:31] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::grunts:: He *was!* So stupid!
[19:31] <Thierry> Sorry sir, you would too if you watched that...creature
[19:32] <Craig> ::unstraps again and stows his helmet before turning to mem:: now, do you have any time to hear about my investigation?
[19:33] <Thierry> ::Ears perk up:: Investigation
[19:33] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ... yeah, there's no one running those cans out there. They're just on automatic. We should be fine.
[19:34] <Ardelmos> ::glances sidelong at Macedon:: I wish I could believe that. I bet there's a vathead linked into the entire field, going one approach sector at a time.
[19:34] <Mem> ::glances at Craig, looking uninterested:: About sixteen minutes.
[19:35] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::shudders:: Point taken. They're hooking them up by their brains these days, aren't they. ::sighs and sits back:: Still, space is huge. They'd have to be phenominally lucky.
[19:36] <Melissa> ::idly doodles::
[19:36] <Gabriel> ::grins and says to himself:: Oh God, thy desert is so vast and my tent is so small.
[19:36] <Ardelmos> ::grunts a response, and leans back in his chair again, reorienting the communications antennae back to their original tracking positions::
[19:37] <Detro> ::makes a move for some juice, hoping it'll quench his thirst::
[19:37] <Craig> ::shakes his head a bit before showing him his PDA with 2 similar images:: on the left is a fractured useless NNet, the right was taken from diagnostics conducted on our gears, Nike, Wren, JJ, Dash and Bonapart to be exact showed similar patterns
[19:38] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::cradles her arm and scowls at the myriad trideo screens around her:: We're gonna have to go through this sensor buoy net at some point.
[19:38] <Thierry> ::Unstraps and floats over towards Craig and shoots him a glance at him when he mentions Wren:: What's wrong with my girl?
[19:38] <Gabriel> ::pushes back forward toward the cockpit, overhearing Aggie:: Can we hide in the shadow of the supply asteroid?
[19:39] <Mem> Errr... ::looks at the images::
[19:39] <Detro> ::sucks what he can out of his personal bulb, flicking on the data glove and connecting to the files he was working on::
[19:39] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::She nods:: Not sure if we want to do that though, sir. They're on automatic, so that rock *will* get pinged, a lot. If we're close to it we could get hit too, and I don't know how many buoys they've got out there - there may not *be* a shadow.
[19:40] <Craig> ::shrugs to thierry:: not sure exactly, all sources say they should be fractured as well, but clearly they aren't
[19:40] <Thierry> What do you mean?
[19:41] <Gabriel> ::shrugs slightly:: There's always the possibility of putting a railgun round through a couple of key bouys. That's what the Whipsnakes were built to do, after all.
[19:41] <Savant> Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Might be better to just go quiet and go through on our own. ::she nods:: Well, yes. I guess I'm just wondering how close to that asteroid we ought to be when we go through. Anything big going through's gonna be pinged.
[19:43] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Senior Sergeant, I'd like you and Macedon to analyze the options and come up with our best option.
[19:43] <Ardelmos> ::sits contemplatively for a moment, staring at the comm screen, then nods:: Aye, Captain.
[19:44] <Detro> ::takes a closer look at the legislation the CID and colonial board have passed and enforced::
[19:44] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods at the Captain::
[19:44] <Craig> neural nets grow and learn over time through experiences, sometimes they experience large amounts of growth that it isn't able to manage and break down, for some reason, these gears and bonapart to a slightly lesser extent are experiencing rapid growth but show no signs of fracturing yet
[19:45] <Mem> It looks like a really old n-net, but that's not possible.
[19:47] <Melissa> ::looks up:: Do not forget that some N-Nets are classified as learning nets...they adapt and learn better than other N-Nets. I believe Rover, was it, was the first recognized learning N-Net. I could be wrong on that though
[19:47] <Thierry> ::Gets a confused look on his face as the two techies talk and then asks quite quizzically:: Will she be ok?
[19:47] <Ardelmos> ::taps an inquiry into the computers -- they hadn't caught any ping bounces from any of asteroid's transmissions, so it stood to reason that nothing which had passed near to the base had received a direct ping thereby establishing a 'maximum safe distance' where they knew they could pass by without being noticed/worthy of investigation::
[19:48] <Melissa> ::shrugs slightly:: Should be. Just look out for bad habits. N-Nets can pick up on your behaviour patterns and adapt themselves to suit you better or rather mimic you
[19:48] <Mem> Well, are the n-nets working? ::looks at Craig::
[19:49] <Gabriel> ::leaves them to their work and heads back aft::
[19:49] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> I'm gonna set up a bit of an analysis of their pings. See if we can estrapolate their range and power. They must be solar, so they can't be that intense.
[19:50] <Ardelmos> ::nods:: I'm checking the asteroid drift charts and the recent sensor responses. If the base is pinging stuff that floats by, we can tell how close and how big it has to be for them to worry about checking it out.
[19:50] <Craig> ::nods to melissa:: my initial investigation into the incident with our gears earlier showed Nike to possess a learning NNet, it would appear the others are as well, but the rate or learning is faster than what i had expected ::turns to mem:: the diagnostics checked out, there's nothing actually wrong with them at this point in my opinion
[19:51] <Detro> ::chuckles::
[19:51] <Melissa> ::smirks:: Perhaps the N-Nets are taking cues from each other?
[19:51] <Thierry> I guess the question is then, what have they learned. Anyone up for a simulation after the burn?
[19:52] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> I don't think that base has much for eyes to be honest. It's a hollowed out rock. Can't be more than a few hundred klicks.
[19:52] <Detro> They may think they're the lords of the battlefield, but they're hardly the lords of the corporate world. ::chuckles again::
[19:53] <Craig> ::shrugs to melissa:: who knows, it does appear they are learning from us though, i've noticed some tend to mimic some of our actions and behaviors
[19:53] <Ardelmos> Then the closer we get, the better. Even if we do get pinged by the buoys, we'll just like like another bounce off the 'roid.
[19:54] <Melissa> ::nods:: Very common trait in learning Nets...picking up what the pilot does and then trying to accomadate the pilot later on
[19:54] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Hm. Good point. I wonder what their resolution is? Wish we could capture one. They must be autofac'd, maybe out at Indra.
[19:54] <Gabriel> ::reaches the vehicle bay and listens in on the technical talk for a few minutes at a distance::
[19:55] <Mem> Well, I have no idea. ::hands the pad back to Craig:: The pathways just look ... well-adapted. Like they've been in service for a long time. As long as you see no problems, though, I don't think there's much to worry about.
[19:55] <Detro> ::closes his eyes and goes back to thinking/napping::
[19:55] <Mem> Double the amount of diagnostics we do on the n-nets and let me know if you see anything new.
[19:56] <Thierry> Well, personally I'd like to know what Wren's learning before I'm getting shot at.
[19:56] <Melissa> Unfortunately, some of their habits won't necessarily come out in a simulator
[19:57] <Craig> ::takes the pda back and nods:: i plan on keeping a close eye on them, especially after we've taken them out for operations
[19:57] <Thierry> ::Shrugs::
[19:59] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[19:59] <Craig> as it is, i'm thinking about classing these as Evolving NNets
[19:59] <Ardelmos> ::Attn and stuff::
[20:00] <Detro> ::attn::
[20:00] <Melissa> ::attn::
[20:00] <Thierry> ::Attn::
[20:00] <Savant> seems that the energy has sort of tapered out for the evening. Sure has here. It's obscenely warm in here
[20:00] <Craig> ::attn::
[20:00] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[20:00] <Savant> do please feel free to continue in aftersim if you'd like
[20:00] <Savant> any questions?
[20:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[20:00] <Thierry> ::Raises::
[20:00] <Mem> ::attn::
[20:00] <Savant> Thierry?
[20:01] <Thierry> Considering what went on, thought I'd ask, we doing NNet rolls?
[20:01] <Savant> I still need to re-purchase that damn book yet. And I think JEsters' is boxed up
[20:01] <Craig> repurchase?
[20:02] <Savant> it went out on permanent loan, looks like
[20:02] <Craig> DOH!
[20:02] <Thierry> Ah. Gotcha
[20:02] <LrdVampyre> who'd you lend it too?
[20:02] <Savant> Aaron, was it? It's been awhile.
[20:03] <Detro> ...I thought I typed up the NNet table and gave it to you as a text file
[20:03] <Savant> huh. So you did. Did I upload that somewhere? I'll have to hunt it down
[20:03] <Savant> in the meantime, experience?
[20:03] <Gabriel> Oh! Yeah, I have my books out again.
[20:03] <Detro> Hai!
[20:03] <Savant> hoorays
[20:03] <Gabriel> So we can do those rolls after XP if you want.
[20:04] <Savant> sure
[20:04] <Mem> sorry afk a sec
[20:04] <Savant> one for the money, two for the show. Three is for teamwork. Let's hear some.
[20:04] <Thierry> Hmmm...Roland and Macedon keeping us from being found out
[20:04] <Gabriel> I really liked the NNet discussion at the end myself.
[20:05] <Craig> well we were kinda scattered about again, there were basically 2 stories unfolding here
[20:05] <Savant> yeah, it was pretty scattered. I didn't see much teamwork between players tonight, though a lot of people were doing things.
[20:06] <Savant> any storyline advancement?
[20:06] <LrdVampyre> not sure cause i think i missed most of the major stuff
[20:06] <Detro> Eh, not much on Detro's end. Just wrapping up Corp'search
[20:07] <Thierry> Hrmm...not sure I can think up anything on this one
[20:07] <Craig> more speculation on the antimatter sleipnir, and more to do with our gear's
[20:07] <Gabriel> The reece bird stuff is the key "story" element here. I don't remember us having near this much trouble the first time around.
[20:08] <Gabriel> That indicates that the 3F's been pretty freakin' busy.
[20:08] * Savant nods. You encountered a much heavier security network this time around. That's crucial enough that i'll make it three.
[20:08] <Detro> Indeed
[20:08] <Craig> 3F's?
[20:08] <LrdVampyre> third fleet
[20:08] <Thierry> "They got so many sensor bouys out there that a gear could walk from Monolith to Indra to Caprice without getting its feet wet!"
[20:09] <Craig> ahh
[20:09] <Savant> four if you can tell me something you don't look forward to over the coming summer/fall games
[20:09] <Craig> dying
[20:09] <Detro> Likely missing BT at the GT
[20:10] <Ardelmos> Lack of need for a communications officer. Wink
[20:10] <Savant> i'll run a special GT-only BT game, then Wink
[20:10] <Gabriel> Savant's got a hard-on to capture us again. I've a feeling that I won't enjoy those sims. Wink
[20:10] <Thierry> Aother swarm of GREL..and what Dennis said.
[20:11] <LrdVampyre> missing GT
[20:11] <Savant> hee hee
[20:11] <Detro> Oh, and lack of new log projects
[20:11] <Savant> i'm waiting for epopel to finish some of the ones up there.
[20:11] <Thierry> Oh, yeah, that too...I got a bad feeling about what your inquisitor friend is thinking of...
[20:11] * Savant grins
[20:11] <Gabriel> Yeah, I've set aside a couple of hours this weekend to finish some logs I have 3/4 finished.
[20:12] <Savant> but will you *enjoy* those games where you find out the horrible things that she's planning?
[20:12] <Thierry> I got an idea for the last one I'm missing but no time to write it.
[20:12] <Thierry> Depends, will we be playing Valkyries by then Wink
[20:13] * Savant grins
[20:13] <Savant> four experience points. Well done.
[20:13] <Gabriel> +1 Business (ED), +1 FIT, +1 Athletics, +1 HG Dueling.
[20:14] <Thierry> 1 Defense, 1 Medicine (CPX), 1 Notice (CPX), 1 Computers (CPX)
[20:14] <Mem> Yeah, not looking forward to the GT week since I'll be sitting here Wink
[20:14] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group