Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Transcripts for "Close to Home"

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Game Transcripts for "Close to Home" Reply with quote

[18:33] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:33] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:33] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Close to Home in Session'
[18:34] <Detro> ::attn::
[18:34] * Scotty has joined #BT05
[18:34] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Scotty
[18:34] <Delgado> ::attn::
[18:34] * Jester has joined #BT05
[18:34] <Dimitri> ::Monkeyfist::
[18:34] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
[18:34] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[18:34] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:34] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:34] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[18:34] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:34] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:34] <Karas> ::blargh!::
[18:34] <Savant> good evening, and welcome yet again to another exciting episode of the Black Talons. Please allow me to introduce my special guest, the Admiral of the 8th Fleet.
[18:34] <Karas> Ackbar?
[18:34] <Detro> Where? WHERE?!?
[18:34] * LrdVampyre has joined #BT05
[18:34] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:35] <Savant> she has been the voice in my ear, telling me to kill you guys almost weekly now since last year.
[18:35] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:35] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:35] <Birkin> I hear Earther spleen makes a good drink
[18:35] <Detro> ::reaches over, grabs Tynes' most very famous bomb, and throws it at the admiral::
[18:35] <Savant> it's a little bitter.
[18:35] <Delgado> ::grins::
[18:35] <Gabriel> You really shouldn't listen to the voices in your head, particularly when they tell you to kill people. Most employers frown on that sort of thing.
[18:35] <Savant> anyways. We've had a productive week here in Talon HQ. Several players have been instrumental to a great deal of intel work.
[18:36] <Savant> check your forums, and say thank you to Detro and Delgado primarily, for all the question-asking and legwork they've been doing.
[18:36] <Savant> I encourage this behaviour. Not only have I run three informal games since last week, i've answered a lot of questions and clarified the picture of Gomorrah for you a good deal. Check the forums.
[18:37] <Savant> let's keep this sort of thing up.
[18:37] <Savant> Anyawys. Second item is that we will be picking up about a week from last game, giving you guys free time to do things.
[18:38] <Savant> not enough time for training rolls, but it's enough time to dig up information on things, make friends, or the like. Drop me a line on the forums, or talk with me about what you're doing during this time.
[18:38] <Savant> I encourage you to all work together on things should you want to do something
[18:38] <Detro> Gee, wonder what *I've* been doing ;P
[18:38] <Savant> that's that. Questions?
[18:38] <Delgado> ::raises::
[18:38] <Savant> Delgado?
[18:38] <Melissa> ::raises::
[18:39] <Delgado> I'm going to assume (joke, a-ha) that I replaced all medications I used and picked up stuff we needed? Traded labor.
[18:39] <Savant> yes. You don't need to subtract any medical supplies used during the Vega mission.
[18:39] <Savant> Melissa?
[18:40] <Melissa> How sick am I now?
[18:40] <Delgado> ::nods::
[18:40] <Savant> you've had a poor week, but you're good now.
[18:40] <Melissa> yay
[18:40] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:40] <Karas> Would I have had access to secure realtime lines/channels within Gomorrah right?
[18:40] <Savant> Also, need to say: New story starts today.
[18:40] <Savant> Gabriel?
[18:40] <Delgado> Maybe a bit more hairless.. ::coughs::
[18:40] <Savant> Karas, yes.
[18:40] <Gabriel> Safe to say (after we've handled the rolls and the parts) that the Gears/Bonaparte are now repaired?
[18:40] <Karas> k
[18:41] <Savant> yes. That'l be no problem.
[18:41] <Gabriel> ::nods::
[18:42] <Savant> i'm going to brief you, and then get something to eat while you're reading, because i haven't had the chance to do so yet Wink
[18:42] <Savant> Close to Home
[18:42] <Savant> 22 June 275LC, 0900h - Morning - (2S TN1945)
[18:42] <Savant> Morgan Freidmann Commercial District, Gomorrah
[18:42] <Savant> 22 degrees Celcius, 3% humidity, 108 millibars atmospheric pressure
[18:42] <Savant> Keep your heads up. Gomorrah is a dangerous place; it always has been. The city is far to massive to ever predict properly, even those civillians that make their livings predicting complex social systems have never been able to accurately depict the life of the city itself. It's just too big, too chaotic, too messy- too Alive.
[18:42] <Savant> This can work very much to the Talons' favour. Even with all of the security and all of the technology here, Gomorrah remains a place very easy to get lost in. With skill and a bit of luck, the Talons are going to be able to go anywhere and do anything.
[18:42] <Savant> Which is good, because for the plans they've got, they'll have to use all of the anonymity and chaos that the city can provide...
[18:42] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:42] <Detro> ack
[18:42] <Delgado> ack
[18:42] <Birkin> ack
[18:42] <Gabriel> ack
[18:42] <Karas> ack
[18:42] <Ardelmos> ack
[18:43] <Dimitri> Achew.
[18:43] <Melissa> ack
[18:45] <Savant> questions?
[18:45] <Gabriel> None here.
[18:45] <Detro> ::raises::
[18:45] <Karas> Where are we starting?
[18:45] <Savant> train station, getting into the MF commercial district
[18:45] <Detro> ::points to Karas:: What he said. We starting on the raid, gathering intel, setting up contacts?
[18:45] <Melissa> Can i have a pocket Bonaparte?
[18:46] <Savant> it's called a sifka Wink
[18:46] <Savant> train station, getting into the MF district.
[18:46] <Ardelmos> ::raises::
[18:46] <Savant> Roland?
[18:46] <Ardelmos> This isn't going to turn into what happened the last time we were at a train station, I hope. Wink
[18:46] <Gabriel> Heh.
[18:47] <Savant> who knows. There may or may not be zombies involved Wink I reserve judgement on that statement for hte time being
[18:47] <Craig> ::looks at karas::
[18:47] <Karas> ::crosses fingers that there isn't a CID official this time::
[18:47] <Savant> ready to roll?
[18:48] <Detro> Aye
[18:48] <Karas> yup
[18:48] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:49] <Savant> The Tachyon terminal which admits you into the shining hub of the Morgan Freidman Commercial District is an impressive structure - all glass and light and thin, whispy struts so delicate that they seem to be crystal growths out from the glass itself. The clear panes are freckled with neon images and videos, the advertizing that is the lifeblood of Gomorrah.
[18:50] <Savant> Your path outside is blocked by a series of gates. All very straightforward and tidy - MFS corpserfs and attendant drones check everyone as they pass through, under the watchful eye of a CID officer and his squadron of GREL off to the side.
[18:50] <Detro> ::tries to do his best not to gawk like a tourist, but it is a rather impressive place for someone used to jungles::
[18:50] <Ardelmos> ::tips the brim of his hat back, staring up for a moment at the advertisements before resetting the hat back straight on his head -- he stuffs his hands back into his duster's pockets::
[18:50] <Gabriel> ::people-watches as is his custom, making sure that none of the group are attracting any particular notice::
[18:51] <Melissa> ::looks around, smiling, shifting the weight of the bag on her back slightly::
[18:51] <Karas> ::looks at the corp-serfs searching for anyone he knows::
[18:51] <Detro> ::focuses on looking like your typical busy Caprician trencher::
[18:51] <Delgado> ::follows the group but looks around at everything, trying to be subtle but taking everything in::
[18:51] <Dimitri> ::Glances around his HUI recording bits of information as his gaze moves too and fro, finding the structure of this area rather.. intimidating in its own way.::
[18:53] <Detro> ::trundles his way along the line like a good cog in the machine::
[18:53] <Birkin> ::exhales slightly, looking around at the people nearby, trying to see if anyone is staring at them::
[18:53] <Gabriel> ::heads for the closest public information terminal, logs in, and pulls up job listings associated with Mariss Milspec::
[18:55] <Melissa> ::wanders around a little bit, staying close to the captain though::
[18:55] <Craig> ::takes a breath of the air, and looking around::
[18:55] * Lykaeon has joined #bt05
[18:56] <Detro> ::Detro keeps an eye out to see if they're pulling anyone aside from the line though::
[18:56] <Ardelmos> ::leans up against the wall twenty feet or so away from Gabriel, pulling a piece of gum out of his pocket and tossing it into his mouth as he watches a newsticker scroll across underneath one of the advertising panes::
[18:57] <Savant> Computer> *beep* Good morning, sir; I have aquired access to Capribase Corporate Information Services for you. There are thirty positions available across five qualification grades. Shall I upload them to your rig?
[18:57] * Karas has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[18:57] <Gabriel> ::to the terminal:: Please. And a print-out as well.
[18:57] <Delgado> ::keeps close to Gabriel and the rest while still trying to look 'on her own'. Not hard as she keeps observing things around her, eyeing the structures around her::
[18:58] <Dimitri> ::Takes particular notice in some of the newstickers information as well as glancing at some of the kiosks, looking for anything that might catch his eye ::
[18:59] <Detro> ::scratches his jaw and yawns::
[18:59] <Detro> ::still keeping an eye on the lines and for anyone being pulled out of them::
[19:00] <Savant> Computer> *beep* This information carries a $2P tag with it, and the printout will be $1P. I am withdrawing your funds and transmitting now. Thank you for using Tachyon Infoserv. ::spits out a plastic sheet::
[19:00] <Birkin> ::peers over Gabriel's shoulder in an attempt to get some information for free::
[19:00] <Delgado> ::arches an eyebrow as she glaces at the terminal Gabriel is at:: Can't get something for nothing... ::mutters to herself softly::
[19:01] <Gabriel> ::removes the sheet and hands it to Birkin, pulling up his own PDA to access the rig data:: Capitalism at its finest.
[19:01] <Gabriel> ::scans the list for anything that someone on the team might be able to fake::
[19:01] <Detro> ::looks down at his phone's chrono, checking the time::
[19:01] <Birkin> ::looks over the list, trying to find a job he might be able to get and hold down reasonably well::
[19:02] <Ardelmos> ::looks down from the newsticker, paying a little bit more attention to the ads that are playing amongst the station -- he really didn't have any idea what Capricians needed, bought, or were pushed to buy::
[19:02] * Dimitri is now known as Karas
[19:02] * Karas is now known as Dimitri
[19:03] <Dimitri> ::Attentions is rather taken on an ad for a Martial arts Academy, he studies it for a few moments'
[19:04] <Gabriel> ::glances over at Craig:: Hope you've honed your interviewing skills.
[19:05] <Ardelmos> ::looks down at his own attire, then back at most of the ads:: People actually wear that shit?
[19:05] <Gabriel> They're looking for an electrical engineer, probably for the maintenance plant.
[19:05] * Lykaeon has left #BT05
[19:06] * Lykaeon has joined #bt05
[19:06] * Savant sets mode: +o Lykaeon
[19:06] * Lykaeon is now known as Karas
[19:08] <Craig> ::glances over at gabriel a moment:: hmm sounds interesting
[19:10] <Gabriel> ::nods at him and heads for the gates::
[19:10] <Craig> ::makes another pan of the scenery before coming closer to the kiosk:: nothing seems to have changed since we last came through,
[19:10] <Gabriel> ::looks back at Craig:: You don't know that yet. C'mon.
[19:10] <Detro> ::glances around calmly::
[19:10] <Gabriel> ::glances over at the others, confident that they'll find their own ways in::
[19:11] <Savant> Roland, Detro, Melissa, Birkin, Craig - The mood outside of the station changes, though it's not immediate and can be hard to tell without sound to cue the ears and heart. The crowds outside start to move quickly, look worried. Roland sees the movement of a frightened herd of springers in the flow of the crowd.
[19:11] <Ardelmos> ::frowns and pushes off the wall, heading towards the exit to the station -- as he passes Tynes:: Something's up.
[19:12] <Melissa> ::straightens up and moves closer to the group::
[19:12] <Dimitri> ::Glances away from the sign, making a step into pace with Detro making sure to not lose the group ::
[19:13] <Detro> ::frowns, moving with the crowd but trying to stay on the inside edge of it::
[19:13] <Savant> It takes a few moments, but before too long the other Talons can sense it as well
[19:13] <Craig> ::starts moving again as he sees the crowd change:: what the?
[19:14] <Melissa> ::keeps her smile on her lips, eyes darting around though:: Hmm, reminds me of a time in the munitions dump...
[19:14] <Ardelmos> ::moves diagonally towards the exit, trying to get a better sightline in the direction that the crowds of people outside are flowing from -- maybe he could see something down the street without exiting the station::
[19:14] <Delgado> ::sees a number of people in her group start to move and decides to follow them, though still keeping her distance and 'individuality'::
[19:14] <Detro> ((correction: outside edge)) ::by staying on the slower, outer edge of traffic, Detro can move away a bit and still see the others, but hopefully see more about what's going on outside::
[19:14] <Gabriel> ::continues toward the gates:: Come on, clear out.
[19:14] <Karas> ::Finally notices the crowd and moves away from the group slightly, trying to remain within easy reach however::
[19:15] <Savant> Guard> ::stops Roland as he moves to get a better view; he passes a wand over the Talon and nods blandly, letting him through the gate::
[19:15] <Melissa> ::does not fall in line with Gabriel, but does follow, securing the sling on the bag::
[19:15] <Dimitri> ::Continues in step with Detro, walking a few paces behind him as he was closest... picking up on the fact that something was up..::
[19:15] <Craig> ::tries to keep close to the others as they move to the gate::
[19:15] <Savant> The Talons line up at the gates and begin the slow process of filtering through the obvious chokepoint. Some of you can spot the CID officer lean down suddenly, listening to a handset communicator
[19:15] <Birkin> ::follows the flow, ignoring the others and passing through the gate when he is allowed to::
[19:15] <Detro> ::with Roland going through, Detro decides he'd best stick with his squad leader, so he jockeys for a similar exit::
[19:16] <Savant> A massive black shape fills an entire two-storey-tall pane of glass, and then the wall shatters inwards, scattering an explosion cubic shards across the crowds inside. Sound explodes inwards from the street just as violently, screaming and shouting and the roar of engines and fire.
[19:16] <Melissa> ::can't help but look happy and perky while waiting in line::
[19:16] <Savant> A massive metal foot slams down into the ground in front of Roland as the black mech takes a half-step back through the glass wall and into the station. The Capricians around the Talons can only see a monstrous alien walker, like those seen in trideo or the slick walkers of the Earthers. The Terranovans recognize it instantly, however, as the heaving bulk of a Dark Cobra.
[19:16] <Ardelmos> ::as he passes through the gate, looks up and in sheer instict throws himself out of the way of the largest pieces of debris::
[19:17] <Melissa> ::and immediately falls to the ground, hands over head::
[19:17] <Detro> ::blinks::
[19:17] <Detro> ::And immediately after, dives to the side::
[19:17] <Delgado> ::scrambles back from the glass, managing to keep her footing amongst the throng of frightened people now pushing her toward a far wall to get out of the way::
[19:17] <Ardelmos> ::coughs out some dust and looks up:: Well...fuck.
[19:18] <Dimitri> ::Jumps back in surprise, his eyes widening at the sight of the Dark Cobra, seeing a gear from his side of the polar grounds, he glances as much as he can see to find any markings to identify it::
[19:18] <Savant> The crowded station erupts into chaos. People scatter or throw themselves to the ground; people scream and run madly - a few throw rocks, strangely enough. The Gear ignores them all as it continues to back up a few more steps
[19:18] <Birkin> ::gets himself out of the way, trying to look at the dark gear from behind some cover, seeing if it was coming after them... But in reality looking for a unit patch::
[19:18] <Ardelmos> ::looks from the Cobra, back out through the hole it made in the wall coming in to see what it's retreating from as he scrambles for cover::
[19:19] <Dimitri> ::Eyes widen with a realization, he shifts towards Gabriel pulling him aside and speaking into his ear::
[19:19] <Gabriel> ::mutters to himself:: Timing could certainly be better! Move! Move! ::waves toward the exit gate::
[19:19] <Melissa> ::skuttles for better cover, half a mind to scold the Cobra, the other half determined not to let on that she recognizes it for what it is::
[19:19] <Gabriel> <<delete>>
[19:19] <Gabriel> ::mutters to himself:: Timing could certainly be better... ::louder:: Move! Move! ::waves toward the exit gate::
[19:20] <Detro> ::scrambles to his knees, then back to his feet, pushing foward to the exit gate::
[19:20] <Melissa> ::slips and stumbles a little on the debris as she picks herself up and starts moving towards the exit gate::
[19:20] <Savant> The Corpserfs are no longer guarding the gates - they're wide open, with lonely drones standing dumbly, abandoned by their police overseers. The Gear ignores these too, firing a chatteirng autocannon out into the street behind it.
[19:20] <Gabriel> ::quietly, to Dimitri:: Then her timing could definitely be better...
[19:21] <Delgado> ::starts fighting her way through the throng of people toward the exit and gear, trying to spot Dimitri through it all::
[19:22] <Birkin> ::follows out the exit, not wanting to get caught in the crossfire of whatever that Talon was fighting::
[19:22] <Melissa> ::feels a trickle of blood along her cheek and glances back at the lumbering oaf of a gear muttering to herself::
[19:22] <Detro> ::spotting the turnstile ahead, he doesn't even chance it to see if it's locked. He plants a hand on one side and vaults his legs over the other, landing easily on the other side::
[19:22] <Dimitri> ::Moves closer towards the door where the Gear is, forcing his way through the throng of people::
[19:22] <Craig> ::keeps going through the gate, glancing back at the gear to try to identify it::
[19:23] <Savant> The CID Officers' GREL react quickly and fluidly, and begin to patter at the Cobra's dark hull with laser fire. Roland watches as if in sickening slow-motion as he spots the anti-personnel grenade launcher turn on its track to aim down at the soldiers...
[19:23] <Karas> ::Follows Detro over the turnstile...keeping pace::
[19:24] <Detro> ::when he reaches the exit, carefully leans his head out to look outside::
[19:25] <Gabriel> ::racks his brain, trying to think of some way to help the Cobra, and coming up with nothing:: Suicide...
[19:25] <Delgado> ::curses to herself as she sees the gear under fire and backing UP. She scrambles out of the way and toward the exit where she saw the others scoot by::
[19:25] <Gabriel> ::much louder:: Get through the gates! Get moving!
[19:25] <Ardelmos> ::amongst the roar of the engine of the cobra, the weapons fire, and the screams of everyone else, Roland throws himself towards the side wall -- nobody can hear him, but anybody who might be able to read his mouth would not like the language coming out of it::
[19:25] <Dimitri> ::Produces his datapad, deftly hitting a code and opening a program on his information as he moves to the side, making sure he was in range of the gears perfial sensors, holding the pad up as it pulses with flashing lights. Pulses once, pause, two more pulses, and pause, and repeats.. Hoping the pilot of the gear recieves the message. ::
[19:25] <Birkin> ::continues outwards out of the gates, hoping to get away::
[19:26] <Ardelmos> ::frantically points at the Cobra's shoulder and the traversing launcher as he does so::
[19:26] <Dimitri> !check 2 0
[19:26] <Melissa> Oh what I wouldn't give for a thick shell right now ::glancing to catch sight of the APGL:: How, fuck. That's a nice how-do-you-do ::jumps over the turnstill and looks for cover::
[19:27] <Delgado> ::sees Dimitri flash and dashes over to him, trying to reach him through the crowd::
[19:27] <Detro> ::at the last second, barely hears Roland over the noise in the comm and swings around the door he was looking at, hoping to gain cover::
[19:27] <Detro> ((Looking around that is))
[19:28] <Savant> The drum turns, makes a click that can't be heard, and a canister whips out from from the launcher. It zips intot he middle of the GREL ranks and explodes in sudden fire and a thick, cloying smoke that swallows up the room.
[19:29] <Craig> ::while still trying to ID the gear, he notices roland making frantic gestures then gets a better look at the APGL:: oh fu....hit the dirt! ::dives to the ground::
[19:29] <Gabriel> For Prophet's sake, get out! ::continues heading for the gates, following the swarm::
[19:30] <Ardelmos> ::looks through the smokes and the crowds for some sort of side exit or door -- a bunch of frames would be pouring in through the exit they were trying to get for in a matter of moments::
[19:31] <Savant> There's a crunching sound outside and the whine of engines, and what looks like a *horde* of battle frames fill the street and start to charge into the building through the gaping wound in the wall. Lasers flick back and forth through the air as the Cobra hefts its off-hand weapon, a massive battle axe.
[19:32] <Dimitri> ::Coughs as he hides behind a pillar, as the smoke fills the air, he glances at the Cobra, almost mournfully. The look on his face one of the most emotionally torn. If she survived he hoped he caught the message, as he couldn't help but watch the Cobra heft its axe, almost transfixed, Gabriels orders falling on deaf ears.::
[19:33] <Savant> At the same time, the Cobras' massive head swivels to look down directly at Dimitri. It pauses a moment, just a moment. But then the Frames are there, and the pilot has other things to worry about.
[19:34] <Melissa> ::curls up as she hears the whump of the APGL go off::
[19:36] <Savant> This Dark Cobra doesn't move like one. It moves much more like Erinyes might, or Swifty - it's lithe and agile and practiced, far moreso than any Cobra ought. The massive war machine spins, catches a Frame in the chest and sends it flying, ducks and weaves. This Gear is a dancer.
[19:37] * Lykaeon has joined #bt05
[19:37] <Dimitri> ::Catches the regonition, dropping his dataslate once more to quickly, he taps in a few keys, before holding his data pad up once more, it begins flashing sporadically. Trying to keep it at least so one of the Gear's many cameras might pick it up. He lets the message play three times before pulling back into the building. ::
[19:37] <Birkin> ::grunts, casting a few glances back as he watches the gear dance:: Goddamn
[19:38] <Savant> And then the Cobra turns and runs through the tall tunnel into the train station. You catch a glimpse of it jumping *onto* a speeding train and disappearing down the tunnel. The Frames give chase.
[19:38] <Gabriel> Prophet wept, that pilot has skill.
[19:38] <Detro> ::Not fast enough -- he grunts as he feels metal fragments hitting all along his back::
[19:38] <Gabriel> Detro, your phone! ::turns to look for Detro::
[19:39] <Savant> Several second pass, and the roar of engines and fire and explosions leave your ears, replaced with the moans and screams of the injured. The calm, tidy station has turned into a bombed out battlefiend.
[19:39] <Ardelmos> ::coughs again and brushes a combination of dust, sweat, and blood off of his duster as he pulls himself to his feet:: Soooo....displace, yeah?
[19:40] <Melissa> ::slowly picks herself off the ground, stumbling away from the terminal and more towards the street::
[19:40] * Karas has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[19:40] <Craig> ::looks up just as the cobra slams a frame and takes off, he mutters to birkin::i hope you're not going to ask me to make cerberus do that...
[19:40] <Delgado> ::almost runs past Dimitri but grabs onto him, gritting her teeth at the stings of metal in her:: What in the holy sands is going on??
[19:40] * Savant sets mode: +o Lykaeon
[19:41] <Gabriel> ::nods at Roland, still looking for Detro::
[19:41] <Dimitri> ::Holds his ground as Xochitl grasps his arm, he looks back at her. ::It was the Commandant. I tried to get her a message, let's hope she got it.. We better get out of here, before people show up asking questions... Let's get to the rest of the team..
[19:41] <Detro> ::stumbles back around the door, hand to his back, wincing. He's moving a bit awkwardly::
[19:41] <Gabriel> ::finds him, wandering a little dazed, and grabs his arm::
[19:42] <Ardelmos> ::turns and stumbles towards the (now much larger) exit, climbing over wreckage...and bodies::
[19:43] <Detro> ::forces his head to look up at Tynes::
[19:43] <Gabriel> Detro, move it. ::starts hustling him toward the exit:: And give me your phone.
[19:43] <Detro> ::blinks a bit, but starts moving... his hand fumbles for the phone::
[19:43] <Lykaeon> ::Karas stands and looks around at the carnage...more then a little upset::
[19:44] <Melissa> ::begins looking around for the rest of the team, not wanting to look at where the GRELS or the CID agent were::
[19:45] <Detro> ::finally gets it out and hands it to Tynes::
[19:45] <Dimitri> ::Looks around however, pausing, to see if anybody needs any immediate help.. that he could provide, being unskilled in the medical field...::
[19:45] <Birkin> ::begins to help the others out that need it::
[19:45] <Delgado> ::looks around at the injured and sees Detro down. She rushes over to him and drops to her kneels, giving him a quick visual examination:: We gotta keep moving. We need to move you now. ::stares at him, implying lots of pain to follow::
[19:45] <Detro> ((Actually, Detro's up. Woozy as hell though.))
[19:46] <Delgado> <<Oh>>
[19:46] <Gabriel> ::switches the phone over to the Talon frequency and opens the line:: C'mon, people, out!
[19:46] <Lykaeon> ::Karas runs over to the other Corp-Serfs to offer assistance where he can...he spots one lying on the floor and kneels to check the mans pulse. He doesn't get a response, but cracks open the man's body armor and performs CPR anyways::
[19:46] <Melissa> ::brushes dust off and picks a few shards of glass from her hair as she moves into the street, looking for the team::
[19:47] <Gabriel> ::into the phone:: +com+ I'd like to leave a message for Dorchester. ::has no idea if she's or anyone else is in range of the phone, but it's worth a try::
[19:47] <Detro> ::still a bit dazed, looks about at the carnage... and in a confused voice:: Who ordered this?
[19:47] <Ardelmos> ::steps out of the exit and into the street and squints, looking up and down the street for what's likely to be the easiest way out of the area given the crowds and path of destruction that the Cobra left::
[19:48] <Craig> ::finally stands and brushes himself off, wincing a bit as his hand finds a few slivers, he then goes to check on the others and help get detro moving::
[19:48] <Ardelmos> ::calls back:: C'mon! ::makes a left, sticking to the wall as his head continues to clear and his vision re-focuses::
[19:48] <Detro> ::manages to keep up a walking pace, trying to ignore the pain::
[19:49] <Melissa> ::"accidently" bumps into Craig:: What the hell was that thing? ::shooting him a quick wink::
[19:49] <Dimitri> ::Moves over to Detro, helping to support him, he glances again at the carnage.::
[19:50] <Savant> There is a signal on the line. Gabriel can hear a woman absently humming the stirring march of the Battle of the South, a popular Republican military march. It only lasts a moment, however, before there is a reply.
[19:50] <Gabriel> ::keeps trying to direct the people he can see toward the gates and out, phone still to his ear::
[19:50] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> +com+ ... Little busy. Who is this?
[19:51] <Delgado> ::looks over the crowd of injured and reaches beneath her clothes, pulling out her mediglove and slipping it on. She sees Karas working on someone and decides to start there, kneeling by the injured and taking a reading:: Report.
[19:51] <Detro> ::pulls himself back together:: Wow. And ow.
[19:51] <Savant> Corpserf> ::coughs once or twice as KAras peels the armour off of him. He's got a horrible wound, a long glass spike embedded into his gut::
[19:52] <Melissa> ::follows after Roland, staying near Craig::
[19:52] <Lykaeon> Can you help him doctor? ::as he looks Delgado straight in the eyes...the message not needing to be spoken::
[19:52] <Ardelmos> Mamoud ::calls back again:: You fuckers want to wait around for the keff cleanup crew?! Fuck!
[19:53] <Craig> ::a bit started by melissa at first then shrugs thinking she was wanting to act like capricians:: beats the hell out of me
[19:54] <Gabriel> +com+ Dorchester, when you get this message, I wanted to let you know that your uncle Gotah called. Your Mountainfresh is on back-order for shipping, but you can pick it up at the manufacturer if you want.
[19:54] <Dimitri> ::Steps up towards Ardel :: Doc's got work to do. She can catch up to us after. ::He glances up at Ardel::
[19:54] <Gabriel> +com+ Assuming you can clear up your very busy schedule.
[19:54] <Melissa> ::raises an eyebrow slightly as she catches Roland's curse and continuing to move in his direction anyway::
[19:55] <Gabriel> +com+ I doubt very much you can get to the manufacturer before they run out, but who knows... your uncle thinks highly of you.
[19:56] <Delgado> ::watches Karas take the armour off and winces slightly before pushing everything aside, becoming stoic and methodical as she starts working. First thing she does is stand up, grabbing Karas' arm indicating he's apart of what she's saying:: I want three groups! Mortally wounded, gravely injured, then survivable/non-emergency injuries, now! Most wounded over here! ::kneels back down by the guy, starting to work::
[19:56] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::another pause - she hums a few more bars, and Gabriel can hear the churning sound of rockets launching:: +com+ I'll do my best. I just have one last appointment at the Rockwall, and then I'm free.
[19:56] <Gabriel> ::covers the mouthpiece of the phone:: Delgado, there's no time for that. Any minute now this place is going to be an absolute swarm of CID. Head for the exit. Now!
[19:57] <Detro> ::as he's getting no medical attention, finds himself having to pull out shrapnel out of the places he can reach by himself::
[19:57] <Lykaeon> ::gathers the surviving Corpserfs to his side:: Lets get too it people! We have people to save...the doctor needs them groups in Mortal, Grave and Survivable...you overthere find me more doctors! MOVE!
[19:58] <Gabriel> +com+ Right. The manufacturer's distribution area is on alpha level, if you can believe that. ::gives a location/address within scanning distance of the enormous support column::
[19:58] <Gabriel> +com+ Try not to get lost down there. Dangerous people.
[19:58] <Savant> Outside, alternating blue, red and white lights fill the streets form above, and wind whips around through the battered streets.
[19:58] <Delgado> ::shoots a glace at Gabriel and hisses at him so he can hear:: There are hurt here. And hurt people who survive have a soft eye on those who help them, if you know what I mean.
[19:58] <Delgado> ::starts working on the guy in front of her::
[19:59] <Gabriel> ::again covers the mouthpiece and points up:: They're about to get more help than they can handle. Now move! ::gets Roland's attention, glances at Delgado, then glances at the exit::
[19:59] <Gabriel> ::exits through the gates::
[19:59] <Detro> ::as he's busy plucking out stuff very carefully, he's going where the others are leading him::
[20:00] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> +com+ Right. I appreciate it. ::There's a loud *clang* and the sound of whistling air, and the whine of electric motors:: I'll be there. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a very - old - friend ::the last spoken through gritted teeth and puinctuated with the clatter of metal::
[20:00] <Ardelmos> ::sees Tynes, looks at Delgado, and then walks back into the station:: Fucking doctors.
[20:00] <Delgado> ::balls her hands into fists, her eyes ablaze. She looks up at Karas, her features hard:: What you doing? Staying or going?
[20:00] <Savant> Gabriels' line goes dead.
[20:00] <Lykaeon> Staying
[20:00] <Gabriel> ::closes the phone and offers it to Detro:: Probably not safe to use that one again.
[20:01] <Ardelmos> You're going. Now.
[20:01] <Gabriel> C'mon, people, two levels down, double-time. Mariss can wait.
[20:01] <Lykaeon> ::his tone unmistakable::
[20:01] <Delgado> ::eyes Karas for a moment then nods:: Good. Find me as much cloth as people are willing to spare.
[20:01] <Melissa> ::to Craig:: You lead, I follow
[20:01] <Ardelmos> ::glances between Delgado and Karas::
[20:01] <Detro> ::grunts... he bites back a retort about stairs in his condition::
[20:01] <Savant> Corpserf VTOLs begin to land, disgorging EMTs and corpserfs and a horde of little flying drones that scatter off through the neighbourhood. they zip over to injured people and start to wail and blink, assessing the wounded with brutal efficiency.
[20:02] <Craig> ::looks back at the stragglers but continues through as gabriel happens to be behind him doesn't look to be allowing time to go back::
[20:02] <Dimitri> ::Leans down to rest a hand on Xochitl's shoulder, to whisper into her ear. :: "Save as many as you can. We'll be waiting." ::He steps up, giving her shoulder a pat, before moving towards Gabriel, fulling willing to go.::
[20:03] <Ardelmos> ::calmly looks down at whomever is being worked on by Delgado, pulls out his hidden pistol, and shoots them in the head::
[20:03] <Ardelmos> ::replaces the weapon into the ghost pocket where it came frome::
[20:03] <Lykaeon> You slagging asshole!
[20:03] <Ardelmos> We're leaving.
[20:03] * Lykaeon is now known as Karas
[20:03] <Savant> The Talons have mostly melted down the street and mingled with the pressing crowd - they're panicked, but strangely alive. This is the sort of thing that the Gomorrans live for.
[20:04] <Ardelmos> ::thumbs over his shoulder:: Now.
[20:04] <Savant> Inside, however, Roland quietly slips a pistol out and knocks a hole through the skull of the wounded man, ending his life in a pinkish stain that spreads across the floor
[20:04] <Delgado> ::jumps as she's suddenly sprayed with ichor from the patient she was 'saving' then looks up at Ardelmos, her mouth slightly open before her eyes become darker than black and she launchs herself at him, trying to grab at his throat with her mediglove to pump him full of stuff:: No!
[20:04] <Karas> ::he turns to Delgado:: Go now...::turns back to Ardel...you have made a big mistake::
[20:06] <Karas> go and find a safehouse...I'll be in touch.
[20:07] <Karas> <<delete>>
[20:08] <Birkin> ::slowly continues to push outward from the crowd, trying to look his best and get away from the gore::
[20:09] <Dimitri> ::Muscles tense as he watches the exchange, the sudden spray of ichor, the intimidating form of Ardel::
[20:09] <Savant> Outside, the crowd is thick, and all eager to get into the scene, maybe to get a glimpse of the fight though it's long gone. A good number of civillians are running up to help - way more than you'd see in the average TErranovan city, in fact. Odd, really.
[20:11] <Detro> ::has gotten most of what he can out... he looks at the others:: Don't suppose anyone ::wince:: brought a first aid pack?
[20:11] <Karas> ::turning in disgust, karas walks away from the fight towards more injured people::
[20:12] <Ardelmos> ::catches Delgado's arm and swings it around her back, getting behind her and leading her towards the exit, speaking quietly:: CEF and CID will be here, and they ask questions you can't answer.
[20:12] <Ardelmos> ::moves them out and into the crowd::
[20:12] <Gabriel> ::nods at Detro:: But not here.
[20:12] <Delgado> ::tries to struggle but can't break his hold, so she goes with him rather than hurt herself, thought she hisses at him through clenched teeth:: You didn't even let me try... You didn't have to kill him!
[20:13] <Melissa> ::keeps following Craig::
[20:13] <Savant> The Talons can see the bleak grey shadows of CEF hover-carriers soaring through the air above the road, streaking towards the street
[20:13] <Dimitri> ::Steps back, eyeing Ardel with a rather dangerous look in his eye as he hefted Delgado over his shoulder, and begins to fall into step with Gabriel
[20:13] <Ardelmos> ::still moving through the crowd, nudging her towards the rest of the group:: No time to try. You try, you die. ::grunts:: And the rest of us, after you give us up to the drugs.
[20:14] <Gabriel> ::finds the closest stairwell down to Beta and waves everyone he can see down it:: I'll wait here for the others. Keep moving.
[20:14] <Detro> I try to make nice with the new doc, I get shot up, and she goes running off. ::winces, trying to grin:: This is what I get for being lax in honoring my ancestors.
[20:15] <Birkin> Well. That was certainly exciting wasnt it? I wonder if they'll catch the gear or not.
[20:15] <Delgado> ::growls, continuining to follow him:: You don't know that!
[20:15] <Detro> ::limps along with the others::
[20:15] <Gabriel> ::quietly, toward Birkin:: Shh. You don't know what that was, remember? And drobably, but we'll soon know. Down to Alpha.
[20:15] <Gabriel> <<*probably>>
[20:16] <Savant> The Talons are very soon just another group int he pressing crowd, indistinguishable from the rest. The panic passes and heart rates drop. Things become normal again - as normal as they ever are in the world-city.
[20:16] <Ardelmos> For sure? Of course not. Likely enough that the Captain didn't want you staying? Oh, definitely. ::continues towards the stairwell:: Besides, if you'd stayed, you'd have ignored a direct order and you'd end up dead for that anyway.
[20:17] <Delgado> And shooting a man in the head and -killing- him is following orders? ::continues to hiss at him, her voice quiet but seething::
[20:18] <Delgado> Besides, I'm not yours yet. Not one of you!
[20:18] <Savant> The Talons escape down a flight of stairs, and then into a large bulk passenger elevator; from there down more stairs, then more, down to Alpha. The crowds thin out as the journey passes by.
[20:19] <Ardelmos> Got you out, which was my job. And given your current state, you're just proving that unless he was dead, you weren't going anywhere.
[20:19] <Detro> ::Detro toughs it up as best he can... counting his lucky stars that at least he didn't take any really big shrapnel::
[20:20] <Delgado> Your job is not to slaughter innocent people, especially when they're already dying you fucking animal.
[20:20] <Ardelmos> ::to Tynes, as they catch up:: Found your wayward charge. ::releases his grip on Delgado's arm and pushes her forward from him far enough that he's comfortable she can't swing at him without moving backwards::
[20:21] <Melissa> ::stays away from Roland::
[20:21] <Birkin> Were you seriously going to stay back there? ::looking at Delgado::
[20:21] <Gabriel> ::nods at Roland:: Thank you. Doctor, you're not familiar with Gomorrah yet, so I'll make this quick: you almost died or worse back there. The CEF finds anyone still in the place where an attack takes place suspicious.
[20:21] <Ardelmos> My job is to save Terra Nova. Something you need to pay a little more mind to.
[20:22] <Craig> ::goes down the stairs at a brisk pace, glances back at the squabbling behind him, about to say something bit gabriel steps in first::
[20:22] <Dimitri> ::Reaches over and grasps Xochitl's shoulder. :: Ignore the pissing contest with him. He isn't going to get it. Detro needs some help though.
[20:22] <Melissa> ::remains silent, eyes ahead and watching as they continue moving along::
[20:23] <Gabriel> You stood out. A lot. The CEF would have asked you questions, and yourr answers would have encouraged them to call the CID. The CID would have asked a few more questions, and your answers or lack thereof would have encouraged them to find you a interrogation chamber somewhere.
[20:23] <Detro> Oh, I'm fine, no really. ::winces::
[20:24] <Delgado> ::just glares at anyone that speaks against her, keeping quiet but seething internally. If looks could kill... but she eases -slightly- at Dimitri:: How can you work with these people? ::glares between Detro and Gabriel, not making a move toward Detro at the moment:: Is this how your unit runs? Shooting people in the head to keep the others moving?
[20:24] <Gabriel> ::blinks::
[20:25] <Detro> ::continues to try to pluck debris out of him as he goes::
[20:25] <Dimitri> ::Shrugs:: I haven't know them long Xochitl. I have my problems with their command. It's not like Team 7's at all. They run things different. But now's not the time. Come on. ::He pulls Xochitl towards Detro::
[20:26] <Birkin> ::looks over at Gabriel:: So how did they deal with this kind of "motivation" to follow orders up north captain?
[20:26] <Birkin> I can tell you how we handle it where I'm from, but I think you already know.
[20:26] <Delgado> ::gives Gabriel one last stare before turning to Detro, focusing all her frustration on his injury, not in a bad way, but in a distracting way::
[20:26] <Gabriel> I don't recall ordering that, but the Senior Sergeant's solutions to problems are sometimes... overly direct. Still, you were given an order and chose to be insubordinate. Don't do it again. Now if you would, assist Detro. Then we need to get moving.
[20:27] <Gabriel> If Dorchester lives, she'll try to make it down to the column.
[20:28] <Savant> == FAST FORWARD 2 HOURS == The Talons find themselves in a small ruined apartment, long since abandoned, as has the whole building been. The pock-marked ruins of Alpha level are a panoramic scene below.
[20:28] <Melissa> ::sighs quietly and continuing on walking. Back in the Humanist Alliance, there would have been a special place for the likes of Roland::
[20:29] <Gabriel> ::once inside:: Birkin, check the perimeter. Detro, help him. Dimitri, Roland, I have Dorchester the location of that alley down the side street a bit. Head outside, see if you can see any sign of her.
[20:29] <Savant> Meanwhile, upstairs, Karas is at his MFS depot, filling out paperwork on the incident.
[20:29] <Dimitri> ::Gives Gabriel a hesitant nod, before glancing at Ardel, making his way down the alley , keeping himself to the shadows as much as possible.::
[20:29] <Craig> ::sits off to the side having found something sufficient enough to pass as tweasers and begins plucking some of the slivers poking out of his skin::
[20:30] <Detro> ::moves carefully, still feeling the residual sparks of pain, but it's the dull kind, the one that reminds you that you're still alive and should be thankful for it... he lets Birkin take point::
[20:30] <Ardelmos> ::nods and looks out the window momentarily for a view of the area from their hiding place, then makes his way for the apartment exit in order to reach the alley::
[20:30] <Birkin> ::nods at the captain, examining the apartment in detail, going into the rooms and watching the buildings outside, looking for anything that has changed from last time or something taht would look out of the ordinary::
[20:31] <Delgado> ::is still steaming, sitting in a corner and staring at the readouts of her mediglove. Woe to the creature that steps into her garden::
[20:31] <Gabriel> ::leans against the wall of the apartment for a moment, catching his own breath, not having had much time to think about Dorchester's actions until this moment::
[20:31] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> ::Is seated beside KAras - the other side of the desk, where Micharins' own terminal and seat is. Their workspace is cramped, as the whole department is::
[20:31] <Gabriel> Wonder how in Prophet's name she managed to slip a Cobra into the trench... and what her idea was in heading through that station in the first place...
[20:32] <Karas> ::finishes up the e-docs and sends them off to the head branch...making sure to leave out any details of the Talons (besides the one in the Gear)...why was he protecting people like this?::
[20:32] <Ardelmos> ::exits the apartment building and keeps along the building's side, staying in the shadows as he approaches the alley::
[20:33] <Craig> ::looks up at gabriel:: she's quite the pilot, i've never seen a gear that size move like that
[20:33] <Detro> ::limps along -- if anything, with his tattered clothes and limp, he probably fits in much better down here now...::
[20:33] <Melissa> ::sits down and rummages through the toolkit she brought, suddenly finding herself with not much to do::
[20:33] <Karas> ::Its not like he really has a choice...if he gave them up he would be dead within a week, and he knew that the CEF were the same anyway, but how could he justify such an abuse of trust?::
[20:33] <Dimitri> ::Moves until he reaches a concealable spot, watching the meeting place whilst concealing himself.::
[20:33] <Birkin> I'd like to know that too. Be nice to be able to get some gears in here. ::clears his throat:: Perimeter is secure sir
[20:33] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> So what were you doin there, Karas? I thought you were supposed to be uptrench right now.
[20:33] <Gabriel> It was something to see, all right.
[20:34] <Gabriel> Not a view of a Cobra that a Northern Guard soldier likes to see, that's for sure. ::smiles crookedly::
[20:35] <Ardelmos> ::notes Dimitri's own spot and glances around for a mutually beneficial and hidden position with which he retains a good view of the alley, slipping into his own hiding place::
[20:35] <Karas> I was on vacation...visiting some friends in the Liberati...one of my old friends just became a Clan member and wanted me to be there for the ceremony...kind of a spur of the moment thing.
[20:36] <Karas> Not sure why he would want the lifestyle...but who am I to judge.
[20:36] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> *really*? Huh, wow. I've never been out into the highlands. Never really that spiked over it. Do anything fun?
[20:36] <Birkin> Movement. Big. I can hardly see it
[20:37] <Detro> ::limping along with Birkin, muttering something about "clusterfuck", pauses when Birkin speaks:: Where?
[20:37] <Birkin> ::gives it a good stare down, spying it motioning out towards it with his head slightly keeping his eyes on the shadows that he sees moving::
[20:37] <Karas> You know I think you would like it, they had this big dance...many good looking women for you to washout on.
[20:38] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> ::grins:: Have any fun?
[20:39] <Karas> Ya, the food was amazing too, but I couldn't get over their style of eating...they actually share bowls ::Karas recited his dialogue flawlessly having practised it while in the secret Liberati base::
[20:39] <Gabriel> ::glances over at Craig:: You might start thinking about how we smuggle a full size Dark Cobra out of the trench, Master Sergeant.
[20:40] <Gabriel> It'd probably be helpful to know how she got it in here in the first place, because the only way I could imagine it being done is in pieces. A lot of pieces.
[20:40] <Savant> Roland and Dimitri miss it, but Birkin doesn't - mostly because he knows very well what a Cobra's silhouette looks like. He sees the bulky round shoulder of the GEar bob out from behind a building for a moment, clearly on approach.
[20:40] <Karas> ::a little annoyed by Micharin's probing, tried to remain nonchalant, but couldn't help feeling a little disturbed by the incidents that occurred::
[20:40] <Birkin> Yeah, that's a Cobra. On approach.
[20:41] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> ::he nods, and doesn't reply right away, looking up into the wall for a moment. He changes topics when he speaks up again:: So, it wasn't a Mount then, huh.
[20:41] <Detro> Hopefully not through buildings this time. ::finally spots it::
[20:41] <Craig> ::eyes widen a bit in a kind of a "you're joking right?" look, but then nods slowly::pieces, or maybe a tunnel that the CEF haven't found and sealed up yet ::hoping for the latter::
[20:42] <Karas> ...no...it was bigger, much bigger. It amazes me friend just how woefully unprepared we are for these kinds of things...
[20:42] <Gabriel> ::shrugs:: The ideal way would be to get it out the same way it came in.
[20:42] <Gabriel> But that might not be possible now.
[20:42] <Savant> Detro sees the thing step into a shadowed alleyway - the opposite side of a building from Roland - and hunker down onto its knees to wait.
[20:43] <Dimitri> ::Continues scanning around the area, still awaiting the appearance of his CO, so to speak::
[20:43] <Karas> ...all the innocent people...some of them were our brothers Micharin. This war between the CEF and the Liberati confuses me sometimes.
[20:43] <Karas> *sry change Liberati to Ravens
[20:44] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> ::he frowns, looks down into his coffee cup:: You ever.. you ever wonder if we could be doing more? I mean, more to get things back to how they were. Before Earth.
[20:45] <Savant> After a few minutes, those Talons with communicators see one of the prearranged channels open up, though it's silent.
[20:45] <Karas> ...careful friend...those words can get you into trouble...with both sides. There is no middle ground in this war...and somehow the innocents always seem to pay.
[20:46] <Birkin> Shes waiting for us. Hull down.
[20:46] <Melissa> ::Frowns slightly, not having anything drone like to work on::
[20:46] <Dimitri> ::Takes a moment to tap the bead to his com. Clicking it several times in a seemingly random fashion, not saying any words.::
[20:46] <Craig> ::notices some line noise in his subvoc, but waits for someone to say something::
[20:46] <Detro> ::feels the phone in his pocket... to Birkin:: I tell you, I have half a mind to lay into that pilot about what she did to me.
[20:46] <Ardelmos> ::hears the channel open up, and pauses for a moment, licking his lips briefly:: +com+ Sargasso.
[20:47] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> ::He frowns and lets out a hard breath:: Corp wars are bad enough. I thought we were *above* this rust, man. Keep the fighting in the boardrooms where it belongs. Unemployment, not dead bodies.
[20:48] <Savant> The channel clicks a few times. Talon 05 doesn't recognize the code, but Dimitri and Delgado do - it's the "all clear" response to Dimitri's request.
[20:48] <Karas> There is a storm coming friend...I can feel it and Caprice is right in the middle of it. If we aren't tempered enough for it we might get washed away.
[20:48] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::There's a pause of several long seconds before Dorchester's hushed voice comes through the line:: +com+ Margatte.
[20:49] <Delgado> ::keeps her ear out then suddenly jumps to her feet at the response::
[20:49] <Gabriel> ::extends one hand:: Patience, doctor. I don't think she's going to bring it in here.
[20:49] <Gabriel> At least... I hope not.
[20:49] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> Yeah, but what side are we supposed to be on, here? From what it looks like, just keeping the peace isn't gonna be enough! ::frustrated::
[20:49] <Dimitri> ::Steps from his concealment, looking as if studying his datapad, moving towards the meeting point at a liesurely pace..::
[20:50] <Ardelmos> ::merges the first secure channel to Dorchester to the secure line amongst the team:: +com+ Captain, our guest has arrived.
[20:50] <Delgado> But it's her. It's -her-. ::speaks roughly, becoming excited::
[20:50] <Gabriel> ::nods:: And when she enters, maybe you can ask her the difference between shooting someone in the head and launching a high explosive anti-personnel grenade into a crowded train station.
[20:50] <Gabriel> Patience.
[20:51] <Savant> Dimitri arrives at the small bulge in the road. FRom there, he can see the very faintly glowing red eye of the Dark Cobra watching him from the shadows. He can even see the vehicle shift, as if it wants to come forward and its restraints are halfhearted.
[20:51] <Gabriel> ::pulls the comm set out of his backpack and puts it on:: +com+ Very well, Senior Sergeant. See if she'll dismount, and if so, bring her in.
[20:51] <Delgado> ::shoots Gabriel a dark look then goes back to her corner, sitting down and staring at nothing in particular, just listening::
[20:51] <Ardelmos> ::supports Dmitri from a distance, remaining under cover and in the shadows::
[20:52] <Dimitri> ::Makes his way towards that glowing beacon, although he was excited, he walked in a rather nonchallent fashion, acting as if he was just studying his datapad, as he moved into the shadows concealing that Cobra.::
[20:52] <Karas> Micharin there is no peace to keep! All we can do is try and help the innocents...that is why I picked up this badge. To defend my home...but we aren't just fighting one war we are fighting two...we are left to choose between the lesser of two evils. Are the Ravens any better then the CEF, what makes them different, both wish to exploit us...one for defense the other for our resources.
[20:52] <Birkin> ::watches the blob nearby for a half a second before he begins to look outward, seeing if anything else was moving::
[20:52] <Detro> ::waiting and watching suited Detro just fine for once. Staying still meant his wounds hurt less::
[20:53] <Savant> As Dimitri approaches, the Cobra blooms open, and the lithe commander of BT07 emerges, already striding out from the Gear and leaping to the ground
[20:54] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> Hnh. ::he empties his cup, then toys with it as he thinks:: So you think the Terranovans are just showing up here to keep the Earthers at bay? Keep them form reinvading their planet?... ::pause:: Slagging stupid is what that is.
[20:54] <Craig> ::stands and goes to take a look out the window:: this kinda puts a cramp in our plans doesn't it?
[20:54] <Dimitri> ::Stops dead, still as if unsure, giving the commander a once over glance again his datapad slipping from his hands only for him to catch it with a fairly quick reflex. A grin widening on his face, as he brings his hand up to his temple, giving her a smart salute.
[20:55] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::she pulls her helmet off - Dorchester has a blonde bob of hair that's graying at the temples - and instead of saluting, she sweeps Dimitri up in an unexpected and emotional hug::
[20:55] <Melissa> ::looks about the room, the urge to tinker together an automated device of some kind was welling up::
[20:56] <Ardelmos> ::eyes the rest of the street as the reunion is conducted to make sure they're not under surveillance before exiting his cover and moving towards the Cobra::
[20:56] <Dimitri> ::Looks fairly stunned for a moment, beforing bring his own arms around to return that hug. :: I really thought you were lost... When it happened. We found Doc too. Nobody else though... not yet...
[20:56] <Detro> I hope he's got the sense of mind to ask her if she was followed.
[20:57] <Karas> It is, but thats how I think they see us. They ::pause:: only care about themselves...I think today was a good example of that. We are but a battlefield that this coming storm will be fought on. We are the first step for the CEF to get to the rest of the colonies and the last step for the colonies to push the CEF back to their own planet. Either way we will be in the middle.
[20:57] <Detro> Something that big's bound to have been noticed moving around -- unless she's found a way...
[20:57] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> Thank the heavens. Dimitri, you're alive. ::She lets him go, her voice hoarse with emotion:: Xochitl too? I thought you were all gone, killed or worse.
[20:57] <Melissa> ::begins to rifle through the apartment, looking for electronics, digital cameras or anything that could be used as an eye::
[20:58] <Ardelmos> ::approaches the two and throws off his own salute, though it's noticeably less crisp than Dimitri's:: Sorry for the interruption Commandant. Senior Sergeant Ardelmos Roland; Captain Tynes is waiting to speak with you, if you're ready. ::glances around:: Best to get inside as quickly as possible, anyway.
[20:58] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> ::grunts:: Shit, Karas. It's like you think there's no way to turn this thing around.
[20:58] <Birkin> ::spies the two 07's and now Roland:: Visual confirmation on the Comandant.
[20:59] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::nods at Roland, then turns to her Gear:: Conda, stealth mode.
[21:00] <Karas> Micharin can't you see it? We are the linchpin...for both sides...we will have to side with someone, but as for turning this "thing" around...I guess that depends on what side you take.
[21:00] <Savant> The Gear folds back up and moves to the side of the alleyway, disappearing into the shadows
[21:00] <Dimitri> ::Glances at Ardel.:: We can catch up later Ma'am. I'll stick around and keep an eye out here.. just in case.
[21:01] <Melissa> ::notices a veritable treasure trove of stuff next door:: Hmm...need an eye, a sensor relay, storage, and legs to move ::begins picking through parts::
[21:01] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::Frowns as Dimitri says he's staying, but nods:: You always were the practical one. Lead on, Senior Sergeant.
[21:01] <Ardelmos> ::blinks once or twice as the gear's profile shrinks and it disappears into the blackness, then nods:: This way, m'am. ::heads back into the building, leading Dorchester to the apartment::
[21:02] <Karas> The only thing that matters in the end Micharin is that we help those who can't help themselves. We are here to help them and keep them safe...and today we failed.
[21:02] <Detro> ::forces himself to start moving again, resuming watch::
[21:02] <Dimitri> ::He takes a moment however to embrace her once more in a hug, throwing a quick salute, before begining to move to a location that would provide him a wide view of the area, as well as keep Anaconda's location in view.. stealthed or not::
[21:02] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> ::raises an eyebrow:: when did you get so defeatist? We *are* in the middle, but we obviously need to change what we're doing to do our jobs.
[21:03] <Melissa> ::finds a gamepad like device:: Novel...you, I shall make my control rig ::starts putting stuff into the bag::
[21:03] <Karas> Any suggestions? ::Karas responds a a small smirk crosses his face::
[21:03] <Detro> ::scans the horizon::
[21:03] <Craig> ::sees the already vague looking cobra dissapear completely muttering to himself again about the possibility of having to make cerberus like that::
[21:03] <Savant> Roland and the Commandant head up into the building, and in a few minutes are entering the apartment with the Talons
[21:04] <Dimitri> ::Does however click his comm on, to listen to the conversation, whilst he watches::
[21:04] <Craig> ::turns just as roland and the commandant enter::
[21:04] <Gabriel> ::stands up straight from where he's been resting against the wall::
[21:05] <Ardelmos> Captain Tynes; Commandant Dorchester.
[21:05] <Savant> The Commandant of the 7th Black Talons is an intimidating looking woman. She's middle aged though still very much in her prime, with graying blonde hair and flashing bright eyes. It's more about her stance than anything - she's a lioness, immediately commanding obedience and authority from those around her
[21:06] <Birkin> ::goes to attention as well, looking forward like he was taught to... what seemed like so long ago::
[21:06] <Melissa> All good toys need a self defense mechanism ::holds up some bizarre looking gadgets:: I think a taser might be inside all of this, waiting to come out and play...hmm
[21:06] <Gabriel> ::offers her a nod, not particularly cowed:: Commandant. Congratulations on still being alive. Quite an accomplishment, given the show you just put on.
[21:06] <Delgado> ::looks up from her corner, but stays sitting as she stares at Ardelmos like he was a poisionous snake:: He hasn't shot her in the head yet. ::doesn't make a move toward her::
[21:07] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> ::he snorts:: I'm not a god-damned tactician. Hell, i can barely keep up to my beat. But we gotta do *something*.
[21:08] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::She nods at everyone, though her eyes practically fix on Delgado.:: Thank heaven you got out, Xochitl.
[21:09] <Detro> ((Massive retcon from 22:24:40: Detro waits silently, glad for the chance to rest and let his injuries heal a bit more:Smile)
[21:10] <Detro> ::doesn't come to attention -- he's too sore for that::
[21:10] <Delgado> Well, you know me. ::grins at Dorchester then looks at Gabriel, her mood growing more serious:: Permission to approach the Commandant? ::ever the snide bitter one::
[21:10] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::that said, she nods at everyone:: Captain; 05. Thank you, so much, for hooking up with my team.
[21:10] <Detro> ::refrains from thanking her for the shrapnel::
[21:11] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> Oh, for the.. come here, Xochitl ::she doesn't wait, and goes over to give Delgado the same sort of hug that she gave Dimitri minutes ago::
[21:12] <Savant> ((bah! heh))
[21:12] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> Oh, for the.. come here, Xochitl ::she doesn't wait, and goes over to give Delgado the same sort of hug that she gave Dimitri minutes ago::
[21:12] <Gabriel> You're welcome, Commandant. Least I could do. I'll want to let Commandant Gotah know that you're alive, and I suspect he'll wa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:12] <Gabriel> You're welcome, Commandant. Least I could do. I'll want to let Commandant Gotah know that you're alive, and I suspect he'll want a debriefing. I myself am curious how you managed to get a ten thousand kilo Gear into the trench.
[21:13] <Delgado> ::closes her eyes and hugs Blia tightly:: I'm so -happy- to see you. ::pulls back and grins:: You look great for a dead woman. ::winks playfully::
[21:13] <Ardelmos> ::moves across the room towards the window and sidles up along the wall beside it, glancing outwards and down the street::
[21:14] <Craig> ::nods at the last part of gabriel's sentence::
[21:14] * Lykaeon has joined #bt05
[21:14] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::more quietly:: You're looking stressed, hon. ::Then she releases Xochitl and returns to being the Commandant:: The Liberati are very dear friends and are capable of the most amazing things, Captain. Never underestimate their capacity.
[21:14] <Melissa> ::settles down and lays everything out, imagining the design from an old Earth comic about transforming robots::
[21:15] <Delgado> ::sees the change and picks it up as well, going back to her somber mood. She stands at Blia's side, but keeps quiet as she watches the interaction between her and Gabriel::
[21:15] * Retrieving #BT05 modes...
[21:15] <Melissa> ::pulls out various tools and grins:: Time to give birth...in solely a creative and meaningful way
[21:16] <Gabriel> ::nods:: As you say, Commandant. As you say.
[21:16] <Detro> ::pokes his head up enough to look out the window every now and then::
[21:16] <Gabriel> For now, I suspect you could use some rest and a place to hole up. We've a safe house two levels up, or if the Liberati can get your Gear in, presumably they can get it back out again.
[21:16] * Karas has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[21:17] <Gabriel> ::while he talks, judges Blia's emotional/mental state::
[21:17] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::she nods:: I have a few safe places of my own down in Alpha, and Anaconda isn't going anywhere. He's too useful down here. If you want, I can talk to the Van Saar for you; they can get your Gears in, too.
[21:17] <Dimitri> ::takes a moment, and curious, knowing he's in full view of the gear, even if not so much to any other onlookers, offers it a small wave, wondering if it remembered him.::
[21:17] * Lykaeon has left #bt05
[21:18] <Detro> ::satisfied nothing's out there coming for them, Detro pulls out the data glove, checking it to make sure it wasn't damaged::
[21:18] * Lykaeon has joined #bt05
[21:19] * Lykaeon has left #BT05
[21:19] <Gabriel> The Van Saars did that? Huh. They never said a word about being capable of that.
[21:19] <Detro> ::it's also a cover, to let him use the data glove to record audio while taking notes::
[21:20] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::she grins widely:: Did you ask? They can do all sorts of things.
[21:20] <Delgado> ::smirks to herself::
[21:20] * Lykaeon has joined #bt05
[21:20] <Craig> ::blinks then scratches his head, why didn't we think of that?::
[21:21] <Birkin> ::stays at attention, listening to the conversation::
[21:21] <Melissa> ::lays out the circuit board, eyes, and other bits and finds the wiring she'll need. Then starts with the basic framework of the drone::
[21:21] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::It's her turn to ask some questions:: Is there any news? Has the situation changed? I've been cut off for too long.
[21:21] <Gabriel> Not directly about that, no. Didn't even occur to me. There's the mission debriefs on 1st Talon, how they slipped one Gear in... but a whole team? ::shakes his head and repeats:: Didn't even occur to me. It bears some thinking about, though.
[21:21] <Detro> ::is relieved to see the data glove functioning normally::
[21:22] <Savant> Anaconda> ::peers at Dimitri - its' ehad moves and he can see the Gear's camera focus tightly. There's recognition in there, somewhere.::
[21:22] <Gabriel> In the meantime, let's put you in touch with Commandant Gotah. He'll want to know that you're alive, and no doubt you'll want to talk to him about reassembling your Talon.
[21:22] <Detro> ::speaks up:: A whole team, of which only one gear is here at the present.
[21:22] * Savant sets mode: +o Lykaeon
[21:22] * Lykaeon is now known as Karas
[21:23] <Ardelmos> ::moves to the otherside of the window and looks down the street in the opposite direction -- being this close to a parked gear was an odd feeling in the Trench -- he half expected the CEF to come swooping in at any moment::
[21:24] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::she nods, her lips pursing briefly:: Yes. We'll get him on a wire. I assume that mine gave you a report? I've got one as well on what happened.
[21:24] <Karas> Your right Micharin we do have to do something, but let me ask you, if you had to pick a side knowing what you know and assuming the Ravens weren't all that much better then the CEF. Which side would you pick?
[21:25] <Craig> ::eases up a bit and gives a bit of a grin::we been keeping the CEF on their toes as well, though you seem to be the one getting in the news, i imagine that was you that shot up an educational district not too long ago?
[21:26] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> ::he frowns and rubs his chin:: I still don't know. I *still* don't know. Man, how can we do our jobs like this? I say we get our big boys and do our patrols in those from now on.
[21:26] <Detro> ::thinks, then stops recording. He taps into the various Trench news organizations, to see what they were saying about the attack::
[21:27] <Gabriel> ::watches Dorchester's reaction to Craig's question::
[21:28] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::she nods bluntly, her mouth turning into a hard line::
[21:28] <Melissa> ::sets the scorpion-like frame on the table and begins mounting the electronics to it, the taser in the tail::
[21:28] <Karas> It might come to that Micharin...I pray it doesn't though. It brings back memories of the Corp wars...but I think we are being forced to take action...we are peacekeepers...not peacemakers, but slowly and surely the Ravens and the CEF are forcing us to make a stand.
[21:28] <Gabriel> ::watches Dorchester carefully, sensing something brewing just below the surface of this hard woman::
[21:29] <Melissa> ::checking all the bracings and wiring, she grinned as she turned on the unit for the first time::
[21:29] <Savant> Officer Gregor Micharin> Well yeah, cog, but that's the thing. They're gonna make us decide - this isn't going to go away. What do we do when the hammer comes down?
[21:30] <Delgado> ::watches Blia closely, her own face completely unreadable::
[21:30] <Karas> We fight friend we fight for what we believe in, because ultimately no one on either side will do it for us...nor will they think twice about stepping on us.
[21:30] <Craig> ::frowns a bit:: forgive me for asking, but why the talon insignia?
[21:30] <Melissa> ::clapped in excitement as the "eyes" focused and took in the surroundings::
[21:31] <Savant> Melissa's little robot flails its limbs a few times, trying to stand upright - the program is trying to build a walk algorithm, trying to see what sort of a body it has
[21:31] <Gabriel> ::nods imperceptibly to himself, one mystery solved::
[21:32] <Detro> ::he then pulls up the news reports about the event Craig mentioned -- looking for similarities::
[21:33] <Melissa> ::frowns a little and takes a closer look at the motors:: Eep, we need to get you something with a little more juice ::begins looking around, not finding anything useful immediately in sight::
[21:33] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::she exhales and relaxes a little, centreing herself:: They have to know that we Teranovans don't approve of their dawgshit. That wasn't a school, it was a hypnotraining centre. They were experimenting on people down there.
[21:34] <Ardelmos> ::eyeing the window:: What happened to your Fury? Have you been in contact with it?
[21:35] <Detro> ::frowns, looks up:: People... or captured Liberati.
[21:35] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::she shakes her head:: Firecracker's been quiet. Can't raise her.
[21:35] <Birkin> ::relaxes a little bit, looking over at the Commandant, trying to see if he can remember her from anything back home::
[21:36] <Gabriel> ::is content for the moment to let the others ask the questions, instead watching Dorchester's responses and reactions::
[21:37] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::shrugs:: A few Liberati maybe. I tried to keep it to the Earthers.
[21:37] <Melissa> ::picks up the robot:: Bigger motors and a covering is what you need ::walks back to the other room with the rest of the team, craddling the scorpion::
[21:37] <Ardelmos> ::turns away from the window:: Any idea how the keffs got enough intel to set up the ambush?
[21:38] <Craig> ::can't really give any argument for that, a hypnotraining center could have been one of 05's targets at some point, though gabriel probably were have prefered a less...direct approach, he just nods::
[21:38] <Detro> A few? Do you know how many Maribold were taken by the CEF for hypnotraining? ::Frowns, and goes back to the news footage, looking to see if "Mindworks" comes up in any of them::
[21:38] <Delgado> ::looks around at the group fielding questions at Blia, then uses her mediglove as she gently grabs onto the woman's arm and looks at her readouts for a second:: So far, today has been... big. I suggest you rest for an hour or so. ::looks straight at Gabriel:: This is my medical opinion.
[21:38] <Detro> ::says that matter-of-factly, though with a pained expression on his face::
[21:38] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::she grits her teeth on mention of the ambush, and a look of visible distaste passes over her:: No idea. They got to *someone*. Sang de deus.
[21:39] <Ardelmos> ::arches an eyebrow:: No shit? ::looks at Tynes --- then at Delgado --- then peers down out the window at Dimitri::
[21:40] <Ardelmos> ::recalls how Dimitri happened to show up at the last ambush '05 dealt with::
[21:41] <Birkin> Honor to meet you ma`am. ::clears his throat a little:: You think they got to someone inside your Talon? Or one of the locals here helping you?
[21:41] <Detro> ::bites back the question of whether she might have just had bad luck and lead them into a trap, much like BT05's attack on the ice refinery::
[21:42] <Melissa> ::walks into the room and tries to salute or show proper respect to the two officers::
[21:42] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::she bites her lower lip, very clearly tormented by the thought of anyone from her team betraying her. Still...:: I don't know. I just don't know.
[21:43] <Gabriel> The important thing is that you're alive, and safe for the moment.
[21:43] <Gabriel> The doctor's is right. We'll check in from here, then get you somewhere to rest for a bit.
[21:43] <Ardelmos> ::quietly:: Birkin; go swap sentry duty with Dimitri, if you don't mind.
[21:44] <Ardelmos> Lest loitering catch someone's attention, of course.
[21:44] <Detro> ::turns his attention back to dissecting the news reports of the events just a little while ago "topside"::
[21:44] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::she nods, but looks around:: That's fine, but I have to park Conda somewhere safer. Let me meet up with you at one of your safehouses. I don't like leaving my Gear in the road like that.
[21:45] <Delgado> ::nods once, looking satisfied and gives Blia a gently squeeze of her arm before letting her go and taking a step back, being just another neutral officer again::
[21:45] <Gabriel> ::nods:: By all means. We'll wait here for you. Roland, Detro, go with her.
[21:45] <Birkin> ::looks back at Roland for a moment but then nods, stepping outside and walking over to the other 97 Talon::
[21:46] <Detro> ::leverages himself painfully into standing up::
[21:46] <Birkin> <<er 07>>
[21:46] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::She gives Delgado an obviously relieved smile in return, and mouths "we'll talk" briefly, before heading out into the corridor with the two.::
[21:46] <Dimitri> ::Glances over noticing Birkin walking over towards him. He tosses a salute towards Condra, knowing he'll have to leave soon.::
[21:47] <Detro> ::trudges out behind her::
[21:47] <Ardelmos> ::exits with Dorchester, leading her back out of the building to her Gear::
[21:47] <Savant> Anaconda> ::Its' big head bobs once, barely noticeable::
[21:47] <Birkin> Take 5, I'll watch the area. ::spies the red eye out in the shadow:: Hey there big fella
[21:48] <Delgado> ::smiles softly at Blia as she leaves then looks around the room::
[21:48] <Melissa> ::sets the scorpion scout down and looks around for Craig::
[21:48] <Savant> Anaconda> ::that big red eye, barely visible, spots the approaching group of people and shrinks back a little further into the dark. At least until Blia steps out; then the thing almost seems to relax?::
[21:49] <Birkin> [Universal French] Skiddish are you?
[21:49] <Ardelmos> Quite the net you have, Commandant.
[21:49] <Dimitri> :watches as Commandant walks towards her gear, watching the teams murdurous watchdog in tow. Then that other guy. He glances back at Conda.::
[21:49] <Detro> ::mutter:: And quite the painful anti-infantry weapon.
[21:50] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> [UFrench] Conda's a gem. He learned to fight in the Mekong. ::then, to Roland:: Yes, he really is something
[21:51] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::grins, very weakly and apologetically at Detro:: Sorry. I tried to pack the charge in tight.
[21:52] <Melissa> ::to Craig:: Know where a girl could get a couple of powerful motors?
[21:52] <Detro> ::waves it off, painfully:: [UF] Simply field testing the effectiveness I suppose.
[21:52] <Birkin> [UF] Makes me wish I still had my net from back then.
[21:52] <Savant> The Commandant makes a hand gesture and the Gear shuffles forwards, and the hatch opens up again. She grins at Dimitri and gives him a squeeze on the arm before climbing in.
[21:53] <Ardelmos> Have a parking place in mind?
[21:53] <Dimitri> ::Grins at her, tossing her a salute in response. :: I hope to see you soon Commandant. Keep the Channel open. I'll be listening.
[21:53] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> ::As the hatch is closing:: Yeah, I spotted a good place when I cased the block out. ::te hatch closes and the Gear stands, taking on a bit of that lioness-pride as it does so.::
[21:54] <Detro> [UF] ::stays clear to allow her to move out::
[21:54] <Savant> Commandant Blia Dorchester> +com+ ::in a subdued tone:: ... I'll be listening too.
[21:54] <Craig> ::to melissa:: i'm sure there's something back on the fury, in the trench though, i think theres a shop up in... ::thinks:: gamma level? junkman found it during our very first trip down here
[21:54] <Ardelmos> Hope it doesn't require parallel parking...
[21:54] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:55] <Savant> there we are. What did you think?
[21:55] <Craig> good, very good
[21:55] <Ardelmos> You're mean. Mean.
[21:55] <Craig> lol
[21:55] <Savant> i am an angel D:
[21:55] <Savant> you didn't evne have to work for this one. I bring the plots to you.
[21:56] * Delgado snickers
[21:56] <Birkin> we can have plots
[21:56] <Melissa> I can have robots
[21:56] <Craig> you made us work to survive said plots though...
[21:56] <Craig> you can has robot?
[21:57] <Savant> any comments? We'll pick up next game several hours later. during the week, you can scrub Blia for information.
[21:57] <Detro> I just wanna know what the news reports are saying
[21:57] <Savant> fair?
[21:57] <Savant> we'll get to that.
[21:57] <Gabriel> ::nods:: It was amusing. I probably would have amped up the pure terror factor a bit more, but it went great, I thought. Smile
[21:58] <Savant> hard to inspire terror in these people. They're all stone cold killers Wink
[21:58] <Gabriel> ::grins::
[21:58] <Dimitri> And we have Detro as a shield Wink
[21:58] <Craig> lemon certainly had itz and fras sweating there:)
[21:58] <Savant> oh man, yeah
[21:58] <Dimitri> He loves shrapnel Wink
[21:58] <Savant> anyways! Who likes experience points?
[21:58] <Delgado> Good god....
[21:58] <Craig> ME!
[21:59] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:59] <Karas> I do!
[21:59] <Detro> ::shrugs:: Like I said, Detro is going to take the flesh wound/minor health nightmares for the team
[21:59] <Ardelmos> Me. Because I burnt so many. Wink
[21:59] <Delgado> Meeee! I spent all mine. ;0
[21:59] <LrdVampyre> I would like XP
[21:59] <Gabriel> I can haz XP?
[21:59] <Savant> one for the money, two for the show. Three is for teamwork. How did you work as a team today?
[21:59] <Ardelmos> ::grins::
[21:59] <Gabriel> ::cackles::
[21:59] <Savant> fighting one another effectively does not count. That is anti-teamwork.
[21:59] <Craig> i'd said Detro just replaced Knight on being injury prone:)
[21:59] * Delgado blinks
[21:59] <Craig> said=say
[21:59] <LrdVampyre> was just about to say so
[22:00] <LrdVampyre> in regards to the teamwork
[22:00] <Ardelmos> We collectively got out of the train station without being captured by the CID? Wink
[22:00] <Delgado> Securing the apartment and bringing Blia in safetly.
[22:00] <Gabriel> Aw, c'mon. Roland was very helpful in assisting Delgado in getting moving. Wink
[22:00] <Detro> Leaving a member of the group in an injured state?
[22:00] <Savant> i'd hardly say that teamwork was responsible for that one, Roland Wink
[22:00] <Savant> hee hee
[22:00] <Karas> Ya although the RP was fun...that did not endear you guys to the Muttawah in the tench much.
[22:01] <Savant> while the game today was excellent for roleplaying, i can't say you were a great team. So i can't give you this one, i'm afraid.
[22:01] <Gabriel> ::nods:: I'd have to agree.
[22:01] <Craig> i'd say teamwork was stuffed in the closet the moment Blia showed up:)
[22:01] <Dimitri> I'd agree with that.
[22:01] <Savant> four is for storyline. What did you learn today? And what does that mean in the larger scope of things?
[22:01] <Ardelmos> Spyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
[22:01] <Delgado> My leader is aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive
[22:01] <Delgado> And can smuggle a whole damn gear.
[22:01] <Detro> Hopefully not in her colon.
[22:02] <Savant> she loves you very much ç_ç
[22:02] <Delgado> A stealthy slinky gear.
[22:02] <Karas> Ravens aren't the guardians to "the cause" they like to portray themselves as.
[22:02] <Gabriel> We found out who's leaving Talon marks all over the place, and unfortunately, Gabriel pretty firmly believes that she's undercutting the Talon's true cause by doing so.
[22:02] <Detro> And may have possibly killed off Liberati
[22:02] <Savant> oh, it's not slinky. The Dark Cobra is probably the biggest, meanest, brawliest GEar there is. Thing's 20 feet of destruction.
[22:02] <Dimitri> Not that BT07's really following the true cause anyway. So its not that big a supported belief ;p
[22:02] <Savant> ask Birkin. He'll tell you all about it.
[22:02] <Delgado> It moved slinky, I mean.
[22:02] <Savant> oh, sure, yeah, that's true Wink
[22:03] <Detro> We learned there are some openings at Milspec we can get a few people into
[22:03] <Birkin> 07 was here before we came back again right? they were already planetside
[22:03] <Craig> i'd hate to see what would happen if cerberus and anaconda got together
[22:03] <Savant> they were already planetside, yes
[22:03] <Savant> they were on Caprice when you came through the gate actually
[22:04] <Gabriel> We also found out that the CEF is still no damn good on defense, though the Cobra hopping on a train was inspired. Wink
[22:04] <Delgado> Oh. And we learned just how much of a scary motherfucker Roland can truely be.
[22:04] <Gabriel> Heh.
[22:04] <Craig> i had thought we might have passed them after we were leaving caprice the first time around
[22:04] <Savant> Blia's an incredible pilot. The thing was moving around like Roland moves Erinyes.
[22:04] <Detro> The Cobra hopping on a train was a Junkman Inspired
[22:05] <Savant> anyways. Anything else?
[22:05] <Birkin> Do they all know about Icarus?
[22:05] <Savant> i'll give it to you. I like the fact that you're suspecting the BT07 players of being spies Wink
[22:05] <Savant> yes, they do.
[22:06] <Delgado> Man, if I were an 05, I'd worry more about Roland. Wink
[22:06] <Savant> that's 3 experience points. Four is for the fact that you could've been blowed up by a "friendly"
[22:06] <Birkin> I like the quotes on that friendly
[22:06] <Detro> Friendly fire ain't
[22:06] <Craig> yeah friendly fire isn't not fun
[22:06] <Ardelmos> Roland's never actually shot a Talon. Wink
[22:06] <Ardelmos> And the cawfee coma thing was self defense. Wink
[22:06] <Delgado> .... Yet.
[22:07] <Craig> was joanna an offical talon at that time?
[22:07] <Savant> i'll make it five if you can tell me something you'd like to see happen during your stay in Gomorrah here.
[22:08] <Craig> a bomb go off in the middle of paladin lots?
[22:08] <Delgado> Ask Blia more about her 'missions' here while she was alone. Contacts she's made. Not drive her crazy.
[22:08] <Detro> A bomb go off in the middle of Paladin Lots.
[22:08] <Savant> Mem, Detro, Delgado, and Dimitri get an extra experience point for all the roleplaying they've done over the week, and all the extra stuff. Well done you guys.
[22:08] <Ardelmos> I think Dennis had the good idea of getting a corp ally.
[22:09] <Craig> actually, the conversation between karas and macharin was intriguing, seeing a corpserf uprising against the CEF
[22:09] <Karas> Ardel get eating by the zombie version of the cop he killed?
[22:09] <Savant> zombies only happen during the hallowe'en games
[22:09] <LrdVampyre> i want to get a small army of seeker/scout drones built while here
[22:09] <Savant> well, you've got one Wink
[22:10] <Gabriel> You mean, besides the ones I've said already? Gabriel's still gotta get his business card made somewhere. Wink
[22:10] <Ardelmos> Oooooh.
[22:10] * Delgado snickers
[22:10] <Ardelmos> Melissa needs to build some sneetches.
[22:10] <Craig> sneetches?
[22:10] <Savant> so do it Wink Plenty of cheap printers around
[22:10] <Karas> That was Colin attempting to keep Karas from going AWOL.
[22:10] <Gabriel> But yeah, you've introduced a new one in my head: we want to blow up something in Paladin Lots.
[22:10] <Gabriel> The idea of doing it with Gears... has some appeal.
[22:10] <Detro> It's not a new idea, it's in the mission specs you've got up
[22:10] <Ardelmos> Sneetches. From The Dark Tower.
[22:10] <Karas> How about Mounts? You guys can pilot those and they actually fit.
[22:11] <Gabriel> Mounts don't carry heavy rockets. Wink
[22:11] <Karas> They can
[22:11] <Craig> yeah, the only sneetches i got from google are of the Dr. Seuss kind
[22:11] <Ardelmos> Take that thing you chase in quidditch, then make it explosive, and it tracks people as opposed to fleeing from them. Wink
[22:11] <Delgado> The Star-Bellied Sneetches
[22:11] <Savant> mahaahaa. homing grenades
[22:12] <Detro> Like on S:AAB?
[22:12] <Karas> You know when I created flying SDGs using the vehicle creation rules in HG. Everyone called me cheap.
[22:13] <Karas> Granted I gave them arms so they could latch onto the vehicle and deny it a dodge attempt.
[22:13] <Savant> okay. That's five experience, and six for Mem, Detro, Delgado, and Dimitri, because they roleplayed it on up.
[22:13] <Delgado> Woooo
[22:13] <Savant> well done my chillens.
[22:13] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:30] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Close to Home in Session'
[18:30] * Jester has joined #BT05
[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
[18:30] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:30] <Dimitri> ::ATTN::
[18:30] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <Detro> ::attn::
[18:30] * Prescot has joined #BT05
[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
[18:30] <Karas> ::yo::
[18:30] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[18:30] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:30] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:30] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:30] <Brad> ::attn::
[18:30] * Brad is now known as Mem
[18:30] <Delgado> ::attn::
[18:31] <Savant> good evening and welcome yet again to another exciting episode of the Black Talons
[18:32] <Savant> pardon me if i'm distracted. I've got a lot of things going at once here, and i still ahven't eaten anything since noon.
[18:32] <Savant> and i continue to get distracted by messages Wink
[18:32] * Delgado looks cute and innocent
[18:33] <Savant> anyways, apparently you guys are going to be investigating MAriss Milspec today, a continuiation of what you were doing last game before you were rudely interrupted by a Dark Cobra.
[18:33] * Dimitri also looks cute and innocent. But is not nearly as proficient
[18:33] * Karas deletes his inquiry to colin
[18:33] <Savant> questions about the game can be asked in #LemOS, unless they're time sensitive.
[18:33] <Savant> Karas will ahve rejoined the group sometime before this game, which happens the afternoon of the next day.
[18:34] * LrdVampyre has joined #BT05
[18:34] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:34] <Savant> hey Dave, just in time.
[18:34] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:34] <Savant> here's a briefing. I hope you like it.
[18:34] <Savant> Close to Home
[18:34] <Savant> 23 June 275LC, 1400h - Afternoon - (3S TN1945)
[18:34] <Savant> MAriss Milspec Headquarters, Venarow Hub, Gomorrah
[18:34] <Savant> 16 degrees Celcius, 3% humidity, 92 millibars atmospheric pressure
[18:34] <Savant> Keep up the good work. The Tslons have created an interesting lead in the form of Mariss Milspec, a vehicular weapons manufacturer and subsidiary of Hakkar. They have several contracts with the CEF, including one interesting toy - a miniature railgun.
[18:34] <Savant> The plan, so far as it seems, is to apply for jobs at the company and use the tours of the place as a cover to investigate, perhaps capture one of the guns, and maybe - if you're really lucky - find someone sympathetic to the Talons' cause.
[18:34] <Savant> Team One is the infiltration team, and team Two will be responsbile for electronic and covert intelligence. The rest of this is up to you.
[18:34] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:34] <Detro> ack
[18:34] <Birkin> ack
[18:34] <Craig> ack
[18:34] <Gabriel> ack
[18:34] <Dimitri> Ack
[18:35] <Savant> any questions?
[18:35] <Delgado> ack
[18:35] <Ardelmos> What's a Tslon?
[18:35] <Mem> ack
[18:35] <Ardelmos> ::ducks::
[18:35] <Melissa> ack
[18:35] <Savant> i will break the next person who calls into question my typing
[18:35] <Karas> Ack
[18:35] <Savant> they will cry like newborn babes when i am through. any other questions? Smile
[18:35] <Detro> Don't doubt him folks. Just ask Jana.
[18:36] <Savant> you have ten minutes to decide who is going where and what they have with them.
[18:36] <Craig> can't, she's dead remember?Smile
[18:36] <Ardelmos> She's still rolling. Wink
[18:37] <Savant> i want you guys to use team tags. The infiltration team and the intel team should be using different tags.
[18:37] <Detro> <-- Team 2. Assisting Mem in hacking into Mariss systems and pulling files while Mem fends off the ravenous hordes of security programs and sysadmins.
[18:38] <Mem> You guys want to use nicks or place names?
[18:38] <Delgado> <--- Staring at Detro to make sure he doesn't hurt himself anymore. Wink
[18:38] <Detro> T2> You change your nicks, it'll knock out Lemon
[18:38] <Mem> Like 2-Mem or <Mem> 2>
[18:38] <Mem> I don't use Lemon anyway
[18:38] <Mem> Wink
[18:38] <Detro> T2> The !skill command that is
[18:38] <Dimitri> Why not use IT and HT = Infiltration team, and hacking team?
[18:38] <Mem> But yeah, let's use T2> for team two. Team one doesn't have to, since you guys will probably end up in different rooms anyway.
[18:39] <Dimitri> Touche
[18:39] <Mem> Test.
[18:39] <Mem> T2> Test.
[18:40] <Karas> I guess I'm with Detro back at your home base. Colin I will start the game by using my access to pull up security records (not personnel, but information on what company is doing the security or if its internal). As well as feeding info from the street cameras and anything I have access to for recording.
[18:40] <Savant> okay. Gimme a few minutes to rig somethign up here.
[18:40] <Mem> Test.
[18:40] <Savant> sure, Karas. That'll be coming in as the game starts.
[18:40] <Karas> K
[18:43] <Savant> There will be three groups 1a, 1b, and 2.
[18:43] <Savant> Gabriel, Craig and Melissa are 1a. Birkin and Dimitri are 1b. Everyone else is 2.
[18:43] <Mem> T2> Where's the intel team gonna be located?
[18:43] <Dimitri> Sounds good
[18:43] <Savant> please use these tags. This is going to be a confusing sort of a session for me Wink
[18:43] <Savant> good question. You guys getting a cube van down the street?
[18:44] <Mem> T2> Color coding, go go.
[18:44] <Savant> or going to operate from a safehouse?
[18:44] <Detro> T2> I wouldn't recommend operating from a safe house. Any coffee shops or cafes in the area?
[18:44] <Mem> T2> Whichever will give us better access, I think.
[18:44] <Savant> that's not an answer Wink
[18:44] <Mem> T2> Well, I don't know anything about corporatehacking, so want me to roll? Wink
[18:45] <Detro> T2> I'm thinking a vehicle might be too conspicous, if it's stopped for a long time with no-one getting in or out.
[18:45] <Karas> Van is good can I procur one from Wiess?
[18:45] <Savant> you'll get a more reliable signal closer by, but you're more vulnerable to detection closer as well.
[18:45] <Savant> Wiess doesn't have a van. He's a house hacker.
[18:45] <Karas> But he knows where to get one?
[18:46] <Mem> T2> If Mem thinks a safehouse will be good enough to get the kind of intel they want to get, he'd go with that.
[18:46] <Savant> nope
[18:46] <Savant> safehouse it is.
[18:46] <Karas> Lol...I tried. =)
[18:46] <Detro> T2> Ditto.
[18:46] <Mem> T2> Reasonably close to the site, with some good vistas and an escape route. Wink
[18:46] <Mem> T2> Want me to throw some color into my tag, Colin, to help you out?
[18:47] <Savant> no vistas. Escape route and several blocks away.
[18:47] <Ardelmos> Roland's going to set up some wireless sniffers around the milspec building, feeding back comm traffic to the safehouse then
[18:47] <Karas> Hey don't worry Karas is kitted for war this time. =)
[18:47] <Savant> no, that's fine.
[18:47] <Savant> Roland, I'll need some rolls from you then
[18:47] <Ardelmos> k
[18:47] <Savant> Stealth/agi cpx 1, stealth/kno cpx 2
[18:47] <Savant> add bonuses for equipment as normal.
[18:48] <Savant> other questions?
[18:48] <Karas> T2> Nope...I got my to do list already drawn up.
[18:49] <Savant> team 1 will begin in the waiting room, uh, waiting Wink
[18:49] <Savant> roll out
[18:49] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:50] <Detro> T2> ::eases into the chair, still feeling pain... if it weren't for the need to do this with a clear mind, he'd have asked for painkillers::
[18:50] <Gabriel> T1> ::walks through the Mariss Plaza, checking his suit one more time::
[18:50] <Mem> T2> ::reclined with his feet up on the table, waiting for the connection to go through, taking a sip from a bottle::
[18:50] <Savant> Mariss Milspec's office buildings are small but opulent. There's wood - real wood! - in the foyer, as a trim around the desks and aprts of the wall. A fire burns in a fireplace ot the side of a stone wall, and tall screens make vivid, moving tapestries up the long walls.
[18:50] <Melissa> T1>::adjusts the straps of the overalls and then cap as she looked about the main hall::
[18:51] <Gabriel> T1> ::crosses into the foyer and looks around, noticing the fire first and wondering what it burns::
[18:51] <Delgado> T2> ::sits with the team, watching quietly and learning while still being out of the way::
[18:51] <Detro> T2> ::checks to see that his own equipment is ready:: So, do you want to lead the dance or shall I? ::manages a grin::
[18:51] <Ardelmos> T2> ::sits behind two monitors, leaning back on his chair with one hand punching various commands into the keyboard in front of him -- a pair of independent headsets rested on each ear, feeding different communications channels he was choosing to monitor from the wireless sniffers he had placed around Mariss' building last evening::
[18:51] <Detro> T2> ::said to Mem, that is::
[18:51] <Mem> T2> ::glances over:: You? Hack a mainframe? Bahaha.
[18:51] <Dimitri> 1A> ::Glances at the fireplace, enjoying the atmosphere admittedly. ::
[18:52] <Savant> The intel team, the backup, is in far less comfortable conditions. The room is a storage room, cramped with boxes of all sorts. There aren't any lights but a few portable worklights burning away on tall perches atop the crates.
[18:52] <Craig> T1>::straightens his jacket a bit as the team waits in the foyer::
[18:53] <Savant> Secretary> ::She is seated at a broad faux-mohogany desk in the middle of the foyer - a young woman who looks like she's very much in the prime of her career. Certainly the company to work for, it seems.::
[18:53] <Mem> T2> ::grins and sits up, setting the half-empty bottle to the side on a box::
[18:53] <Melissa> T1>::stares at the fire for a couple of seconds, enraptured by the dancing flames before shaking off the effect and looking for someone to talk to about a job::
[18:53] <Birkin> 1A> ::looks around at the area, taking in the area, money to spare it would seem... Waiting his turn to be called::
[18:53] <Detro> T2> I'm a Peacekeeper, trained in how to fight the criminal enterprise. ::shrugs, then winces at the movement:: I know more than you might think.
[18:54] * Karas has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[18:55] <Savant> Secretary> ::cants her head to one side as if listening to something, then turns and looks brightly at Gabriel, Craig, and Melissa.:: Mister Guilles will see you now. If you would please take the elevator right there? ::points to the opening doors::
[18:55] <Gabriel> T1> ::approaches the secretary, indicating Craig should follow him::
[18:55] <Ardelmos> ::spins a pen around slowly in his other hand, tapping a key every couple of seconds to change channels in one ear and then the other::
[18:55] <Gabriel> T1> ::nods:: Thank you. ::heads for the indicated elevator::
[18:55] <Mem> T2> ::checks the local network to make sure they were ready to go:: I'm just pulling your tail. All right, let's go. Run that sniffer and uhh... we'll see how thick this shell is. ::starts typing in the connection info::
[18:55] <Craig> ::nods to gabriels and goes along::
[18:55] * Lykaeon has joined #bt05
[18:55] <Dimitri> 1A> ::Patiently waits, pulling out his information pad out to just look at some bits of text he saved from earlier::
[18:55] <Melissa> T1> ::nods and smiles, following the others into the elevator::
[18:56] <Detro> T2> ::lets the barb slide:: Roger that. ::starts up the sniffer::
[18:56] <Birkin> ::exhales, looking around a little bit, trying to see if there is any security systems here hidden or otherwise::
[18:56] * Savant sets mode: +o Lykaeon
[18:56] * Lykaeon is now known as Karas
[18:56] <Detro> T2> Let's see what they've got out on the periphery of their systems for security...
[18:57] <Karas> T2> ::A little uncomfortable not being the one doing legwork, Karas pulls up the camera feeds for the blocks surrounding Milspec. Compressing an recording the feeds for later he brings up information of the security forces guarding Milspec, starting with the company and its affiliates::
[18:57] <Gabriel> T1> ::checks the elevator for buttons::
[18:57] <Savant> Secretary> ::smiles at Birkin and Dimitri:: Can I get you anything while you wait? Coffee, tea, beer, rum, scotch, wine?
[18:57] <Birkin> << err 1A> on that >>
[18:57] <Ardelmos> T2> ::mutters to himself as he flicks through channels:: Quiet today ::looks at the calendar::
[18:58] <Dimitri> 1A> ::Offers the Secretary a small smile.:: I would love some Coffee.
[18:58] <Mem> T2> ::waits for a login screen and glances over at Karas::
[18:58] <Craig> ::enters the elevator and takes a quick look around::
[18:58] <Delgado> T2> ::pulls out her mediglove and slips it on, occupying herself as she reaches over and places her hand on Detro's back gently, taking a reading off of him to examine::
[18:58] <Birkin> 1A> ::smiles at the woman:: No, thank you though.
[18:58] <Melissa> T1> ::mentally goes through a checklist of things that her scorpion drone still needs while waiting for the elevator to go::
[18:59] <Ardelmos> T2> Aheh. ::pauses for a moment as he flips onto an...interesting call and places it on the external speakers for Mem -- an attractive female voice floats quietly throughout the room saying some quite inappropriate things for the workplace to someone on the opposite end of the call::
[19:00] <Mem> T2> ::smirks:: Nice.
[19:00] <Gabriel> T1> ::finds the one button in the elevator and presses it:: <<Wink>>
[19:00] <Savant> The elevator slides closed as the three Talons enter it, and before too long it smoothly glides along its route upwards. You have no idea how far it's taking you, but it only takes a moment. No buttons, nothing interrupts the calming faux-wood-and-plastic architecture
[19:01] <Gabriel> <<or not>>
[19:01] <Ardelmos> T2> ::smirks and cuts the channel off, turning the external speakers off again and continuing to flip through the various calls going in and out of the building::
[19:01] <Detro> T2> ::does the basic check, looking at the files they have open to the public... those get downloaded and put aside, but there's likely little in there that would interest htem at this point, so they can be checked later:: So far, so good.
[19:02] <Mem> T2> ::nonchalantly browses through the site:: This is surface bullshit. Gonna try a little deeper.
[19:02] <Dimitri> 1A> ::Glances around , looking to see if there is anyone else awaiting an interview.::
[19:03] <Delgado> T2> ::takes her hand off of Detro's back after a couple of minutes and starts reading the data on her forearm though she keeps her ears out for anything interesting::
[19:03] <Savant> Secretary> ::She smiles and stands to go to a cupboard at the side of the room. It's odd to see a cupboard, glass and false wood, in the middle of a company foyer, but it seems to fit here. She returns with a china cup filled with coffee for Dimitri.:: there you are
[19:03] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: Ready when you are.
[19:03] <Mem> T2> ::looks up at Delgado:: If you're giving out free back rubs... ::leans back a little::
[19:03] <Dimitri> 1A> ::Takes a small nod, returning her smile and accepting the coffee. Giving it a testing sip, again glancing around to see if anyone else is awaiting an interview.::
[19:04] <Birkin> 1A> Actually. May I have a small glass of that scotch? ::smiles a the woman::
[19:05] <Savant> Secretary> Ah, of course. ::She nods at him and gets his drink, and as she returns:: You can take the elevator now, if you're ready for your interviews.
[19:05] <Ardelmos> T2> ::punches a series of commands into the computer and flips back to the internal audio senors on one ear, flipping between various locations around the exterior and loading docks in one ear, and phone calls from within the building on the other::
[19:05] <Dimitri> 1A> ::Nods, stepping up the elevator, and pushing the appropriate button::
[19:06] <Birkin> 1A> ::Tries to spot the name of the bottle she uses in the cupboard, takes the glass and smiles, taking a small sip of the scotch, testing its taste verses other he knows... Before stepping into the elevator with Dimitri and watching him push the button::
[19:06] * Delgado has quit IRC (Quit: "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." - Zap Brannigan)
[19:07] * Itzpapalotl has joined #bt05
[19:07] <Mem> T2> ::runs a program and attempts to log in to the deeper systems::
[19:07] * Birkin sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
[19:07] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
[19:08] <Savant> The elevator, once again, whisks the remainder of the infiltration team up into the tower.
[19:08] * Itz|Away has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[19:09] <Karas> T2> Detro here are my codes see if you can get me that information on the security company and its affiliates...::hands him a slip of paper with the info::...and please be careful, I'll be in deep slag, if you goof up.
[19:10] <Detro> T2> ::monitors the process, to make sure nothing's clamping down on the connection... he takes the paper absent-mindedly and puts it next to him::
[19:10] <Mem> T2> ::takes a sip from the bottle as he waits for a response from the server::
[19:10] <Savant> Meanwhile, Mem's computer displays a long list of files in a broad, complex tree structure. He's managed to fool the Mariss systems that he's a regular user.
[19:10] <Mem> T2> ::smirks and sets the bottle down:: That was easy.
[19:10] <Ardelmos> Blah, blah, blah fucking blah. ::flip flip flip:: Most of the people in this building are as mindless as fucking vatheads.
[19:11] <Mem> T2> All right. Careful here. If you see anything that looks encrypted, or higher security, let me know before you start trying to access things.
[19:11] <Mem> T2> ::glances at a checklist of things they need to download:: And work fast.
[19:11] * Itz|Away has joined #bt05
[19:12] <Delgado> T2> ::looks up from her mediglove and stares at Karas then Detro. Detro is wonderfully oblivious, so Xochitl quietly reaches over and takes the piece of paper before staring back at her glove, making some adjustments::
[19:13] <Detro> T2> Right. ::looks over the files available... work schedules and the shipping information could come in handy, to allow them to time a later infiltration, so that gets downloaded::
[19:15] <Mem> T2> ::browses through some personnel files, looking for info about executives that he can reference later::
[19:15] <Karas> ::Karas goes into basic security personnel records fishing for a company they might be attached to...as he does this he begins copying work rotations and schedules for both maintenance and security personnel.::
[19:16] <Detro> T2> ::also looks for contact information -- the kind of "emergencies" contacts, where a system admin or production manager would keep the contact data for repairs, maintenance, and other equipment problems... and what companies are contracted for that::
[19:16] <Ardelmos> T2> ::pulls up a listing of frequencies being used for wireless communications in the building and checks to see if any are encrypted more heavily than the others::
[19:18] <Mem> T2> ::also quickly checks to see who was administering the network currently, and who might be on the other end should he encounter resistance::
[19:20] <Ardelmos> T2> Hmph ::pulls up the three encrypted channels we can see on the frequency chart and layers and devotes one of his monitors to them -- he starts running a communications breakdown program to try and find the decryption algorithm::
[19:20] <Mem> T2> ::grabs a datapad and sketches in some phone numbers and names for quick reference, and sets the datapad up against the corner of the monitor::
[19:21] <Detro> T2> Hmm. While were in here, maybe we should see if we can tap into their phone systems. It'd be nice to place a call direct to people in the company but not through traceable means.
[19:22] <Mem> T2> ::nods, and glances over at Karas:: Sounds like something he'd be good at, eh serfie?
[19:22] <Detro> T2> ::continues to look for information on the equipment in use and who is servicing it::
[19:23] <Mem> T2> If things look dicey, I have some people I want to call. Distract them for a second before they realize what's going on.
[19:23] <Mem> T2> ::points at the datapad:: But not yet.
[19:23] <Karas> T2> I am no hacker...but when it comes to questioning...well none better.::Karas says grinning::
[19:23] <Detro> T2> ::smiles:: Not bad, distract the system administrators with a phone call.
[19:24] <Ardelmos> T2> ::grunts, frowning -- he flipped the feed of the encrypted communications channels from his monitor over to one of Mem's:: Give me a hand here, cueball. I can't crack this with anything I've got.
[19:24] <Mem> T2> Don't want you to hack... but maybe make sure we can't get traced on these cell lines.
[19:25] <Mem> T2> ::glances at Roland:: What's up?
[19:26] <Karas> T2> Want me to get Wiess on this, he costs money, but he is strong at this kind of thing.
[19:26] <Detro> T2> Merde...
[19:26] <Mem> T2> ::comes over to his terminal and glances over it:: Encrypted comm?
[19:26] <Ardelmos> T2> Three channels. Still all civil, but they're encrypted to all hell and I can't get a good listen without stripping it down, yeah.
[19:27] <Mem> T2> ::looks at Karas:: Who?
[19:27] * Itz|Away has left #BT05
[19:27] <Mem> T2> ::starts typing into Roland's console, attempting to decrypt the signals:: Detro, watch that connection over there.
[19:28] <Detro> T2> They've got two CID teams assigned to protecting their production floor. Whole thing's classified as secure, so I can't get a list of equipment in use. ::blinks:: Ah, right. ::moves to monitor the connection Mem points out::
[19:28] <Karas> T2> A friend...he handles this sort of thing for me normally
[19:28] <Mem> T2> Yeah, we'll dig a little deeper in a second. ::continues typing something::
[19:31] <Savant> The noise coming form Rolands' earphones starts to dissolve into .. a different sort of noise. Unintelligible, but clearly a data signal.
[19:31] <Mem> T2> ::glances at Roland to see if it worked::
[19:32] <Ardelmos> T2> Huh ::nods and begins typing, feeding the three signals directly into the computer and through a binary conversion program:: Data channels -- it ain't voice.
[19:32] <Mem> T2> ::looks over at Karas:: You trust him?
[19:32] <Mem> T2> ::goes back over to his own terminal::
[19:32] <Detro> T2> ::waits for Mem to get back into the flow before letting him monitor the connection again::
[19:32] <Karas> ::turns to Mem:: Never let me down yet, but like I said...you gotta pay him.
[19:32] * Itz|Away has joined #bt05
[19:33] <Mem> T2> All right. Now we get a little crazy here. I'm going to try to get into that CID shit, so get what you need fast when I open it up.
[19:33] <Mem> T2> ::looks at Karas:: Uhh.
[19:34] * Savant sets mode: +o Itz|Away
[19:34] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: Right. I'm ready.
[19:34] <Karas> T2> Nevermind...isn't and issue now
[19:34] <Mem> T2> Don't worry about it right now, I guess. Think up a story you could tell this sys admins if I have you call in to get them away from their desks for a few minutes.
[19:34] <Mem> T2> <<*these>>
[19:36] <Mem> T2> ::stares at the monitor a moment, thinking about how to do this::
[19:36] <Detro> T2> ::grins, remembering an old case:: Tell them you're conducting a survey.
[19:36] <Ardelmos> T2> ::allows the computer to start rebuilding the files or whatever it is that's transmitting over the three encrypted data channels flowing out of the Mariss building::
[19:36] <Mem> T2> ::wiggles his fingers over the keyboard as he thinks::
[19:36] <Mem> T2> Just wondering if we should call them right now. Get them moving to a different part of the building. I just don't want to blow our shit early.
[19:37] <Karas> T2> Could always call in a bomb threat.
[19:38] <Mem> T2> ::looks over at Karas:: If that doesn't cause them to shut down the system.... but these three admins right here, ::points at the datapad:: they're the ones I want to keep busy for a few minutes.
[19:38] <Detro> T2> Well, how would you react to a bomb threat? Throw high security on all the computers before letting the bomb squad in I imagine.
[19:39] <Mem> T2> And then when they find out it's a huge hoax, they start tracing everything. ::nods:: We can't do anything that drastic. Not yet.
[19:40] <Detro> T2> If only the team in the building could, say, spill a beverage on a keyboard or something.
[19:40] <Karas> T2> What if me and Ardel made it real?
[19:40] <Ardelmos> T2> Aren't we trying to get these fuckers on our side?
[19:40] <Mem> T2> I just want to do something like... "Mr. Corolla, can you come down to the mailroom for a few minutes? There's a package here for you."
[19:41] <Mem> T2> Just to get them away from the keyboard for a moment.
[19:41] <Karas> T2> I mean a misplaced car-bomb...something that doesn't hutr anyone, but draws attention away or outside?
[19:41] <Mem> T2> ::considers it:: Nah. No blowing shit up yet.
[19:42] <Mem> T2> ::smirks over at Karas and Roland:: All right, enough waiting. I'm just gonna go for it.
[19:42] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: Right idea, I think. We don't have time for an elaborate plan here, not with the connection open.
[19:42] <Karas> T2> Well if your confidant...but you better erase my codes from their system...
[19:43] <Ardelmos> T2> Just make sure you make it. I don't need to break people out of Paladin Lots again. Getting shot fucking hurts.
[19:43] <Mem> T2> ::loads the program:: Get ready to access the info you need. Karas, be ready on that phone to make a call, the second I sniff something.
[19:43] <Karas> Understood
[19:44] <Mem> T2> ::sends the command and starts it up, and attempts to gain access to the secure mainframe::
[19:44] <Ardelmos> ::glances over as the files continue to build up on the recorder from the data channels -- he waits for one to build up completely so he can take a look at what's being transmitted::
[19:46] <Ardelmos> ::goes back to flicking through the phone channels and external audio sensors as Mem does his thing and the file transmissions are recorded::
[19:47] <Savant> Mem notices a warning token blink on in the corner of his screen - his connection is being polled for information. Apparently an automated internal security routine.
[19:49] <Mem> T2> ::leans forward and types in a few commands:: Easy now.
[19:49] <Detro> T2> ::apparently doesn't see any warnings on his end:: Problems?
[19:49] <Mem> T2> Not yet. ::waits for feedback from the system::
[19:50] <Detro> T2> Hmm. Good. ::goes back to file-diving::
[19:50] <Karas> T2> Man I'm really not cut out for this kind of slag ::Takes a gulp from his energy drink::
[19:51] <Savant> Mem's connection freezes, and more tokens light up - a backtrace is active from one of the two protected computer cores.
[19:53] <Detro> T2> ::Frowns as the shared connection seems to lock up:: So... now we are having the problems?
[19:53] <Karas> T2> This is bad right?
[19:55] <Ardelmos> T2> ::glances over his shoulder:: Oi. Get that shit under control!
[19:55] <Mem> T2> ::scrunches his eyebrows:: Strange. ::loads a program::
[19:56] <Savant> Roland can see that the backtrace program - a malicious little thing that seems to care little for data integrity as it batters in - is getting close to breaching the basic firewall currently up
[19:58] <Mem> T2> Give me a hand, Detro.
[19:58] <Mem> T2> ::slaps the side of the monitor, getting flustered::
[19:58] <Detro> T2> ::nods and starts a second process, bypassing part of the transmission protocol stack to try to foil the attack from another direction::
[19:59] * Karas has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[20:00] <Savant> After a moment the defensive software is active. IT's taking up most of Mem's capacity, but it seems to be doing just enought o stall that wild weasel of a backtrace. It's working hard, but Mem still has the connection, which means that the team can still work.
[20:01] <Ardelmos> ::glances at the backtrace program over his shoulder, then at Mem, then at Detro:: How much time after that defensive software fails before they trace our location? If you can't pull the plug fast enough, shut that fucker down before you go back in.
[20:01] * Lykaeon has joined #bt05
[20:02] * Savant sets mode: +o Lykaeon
[20:02] <Detro> T2> Just keep an eye on the cameras. No telling how far they might have traced it before it got cockblocked.
[20:02] <Mem> T2> ::mutters:: Pipe that phone sex back through or something.
[20:02] * Lykaeon is now known as Karas
[20:02] <Mem> T2> All right. I'm gunning for the security systems, get what you need and then I'm getting out.
[20:03] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: Just say the word.
[20:03] <Detro> T2> ::is ready to plunge into the secure files::
[20:03] <Karas> T2> Ready to go...
[20:04] <Ardelmos> T2> ::mutters to himself and goes back to monitoring the voice channels and audio sniffers -- he checks to see if any full files have been compiled from the data channels yet as well::
[20:04] <Detro> T2> ::to Delgado and Karas:: You two should monitor the files as they come up. We might not be able to transfer all the data, or could get shut out.
[20:05] <Detro> T2> Anything I pull will show on this window here... ::points at it:: If you see anything useful, jot it down.
[20:06] <Mem> T2> Cross your fingers. ::hits enter::
[20:06] <Delgado> T2> ::looks up at nods:: Alright.
[20:06] <Mem> T2> Copy everything you think is important. Don't read, just copy.
[20:06] <Detro> T2> ::tries to access the secure area as Mem battles the security systems::
[20:06] <Karas> T2> Understood.
[20:07] <Savant> Mem crepeats the process - tricks the public system into thinking that his thread is valid, and uses that to piggyback a new signal, repeating the same with one of the two secured computer systems. It works! He's in.
[20:07] <Mem> T2> Go fucking go.
[20:08] <Detro> T2> ::begins accessing the secured data::
[20:08] <Mem> T2> ::dives into anything he can get regarding manufacturing, schematics, product requests::
[20:09] <Detro> T2> ::equipment lists/contracts... information on the CID security and patrols... ::
[20:09] <Karas> T2> ::Searching through files Karas rips into anything relating to security, his primary targets are personnel, training, building schematics, rotations and passwords...::
[20:10] <Savant> Almost as soon as the line is in, tokens start popping up on Mem's main monitoring screen. Queries, checks and balances. They all clear, for now, popping on and off with regular rhythm.
[20:11] <Detro> T2> ::at the same time, he's helping to funnel requests from the others as they follow their own investigations::
[20:12] <Mem> T2> Nice. ::grabs a whole folder and copies it over:: Hurry now. ::he's still calm, but his eyes flash around the screen with a bit of excitement::
[20:12] <Mem> T2> Did you guys find the building security?
[20:13] <Karas> T2>::Karas continues ripping through appropriate files...:: I got it...
[20:13] <Mem> T2> I've got a lot of manufacturing shit here, I think. We can sort through it later.
[20:13] <Mem> T2> Any last requests?
[20:13] <Detro> T2> ::zeroes in on the service plans and contracts for that equipment and grabs a copy:: Don't forget we need to clean up after ourselves.
[20:15] <Mem> T2> ::glances over at Roland:: Anything you want in particular? Home addresses, sight lines to bedroom windows?
[20:15] <Ardelmos> T2> Wouldn't hurt if they turn us down...
[20:15] <Ardelmos> T2> Whoah. Whoah whoah. ::starts tapping at the computer:: These lines go right to Paladin Lots.
[20:16] <Mem> T2> All right. I'm logging out in fifteen seconds. Get whatever else you see, and then pack it up.
[20:16] <Ardelmos> T2> ::watches the data continue to accumulate:: Can't decipher what's flowing through them, though.
[20:16] <Karas> T2> I got passcodes, but they're encrypted...we can use these if the primary team is successful or to get in on a raid.
[20:16] <Detro> T2> Doesn't surprise me, given the work they do for the CEF. What about links to Hakkar?
[20:17] <Mem> T2> ::glances suspiciously up at the connection info, watching the pings and such::
[20:17] <Karas> T2> Security company is Hakkar too...
[20:17] <Ardelmos> T2> Its...pretty constant, though. What the fuck would they be continually sending the Lots? Internal security? ::forwards the logs to Mem and Detro::
[20:17] <Mem> T2> I'll check in a second. Logging out now, time to cover my tracks.
[20:17] <Detro> T2> Maybe the CEF doesn't trust its military equipment plans in Caprician computers.
[20:18] <Detro> T2> ::and that's it... as soon as Mem pulls out, his connection goes with it::
[20:18] <Ardelmos> T2> ::shakes his head:: They're either transferring one hell of a big file, or they're feeding Paladin Lots real-time data of something.
[20:18] <Karas> ::Karas looks a little disappointed...:: well it was kind of fun while it lasted...
[20:19] <Detro> T2> Was it a physical line, or wireless?
[20:20] <Savant> Mem's screen nearly fills up with little stacks of query tags, all at once. The signal he's getting drags to a virtual standstill
[20:20] <Mem> T2> ::his hands fly up off the keyboard after the log off is confirmed::
[20:20] <Mem> T2> ::looks at Roland:: All right. That was a dirty hack, but it's done. Now we may want to go for a walk. What else do you have there you need to do?
[20:21] <Savant> A millisecond later, all of the little tokens disappear
[20:21] <Detro> T2> I thnk anything else we have to do can wait until our walk is over.
[20:21] <Mem> T2> ::makes sure his main computer is physically unable to connect to any networks, and looks over at Roland::
[20:21] <Ardelmos> T2> Other than finding out what the hell this data is? Not much -- I can only stand so much banality.
[20:21] <Karas> T2> Agreed...lets go for a walk.
[20:22] <Mem> T2> So we can go?
[20:22] <Ardelmos> T2> ::points at the accumulated data:: It's still going.
[20:22] <Detro> T2> ::gingerly gets up, wincing at the pain::
[20:22] <Detro> T2> Uh Doc? Maybe now I wouldn't mind some of those pain killers you advertised.
[20:22] <Ardelmos> T2> If it's just real-time surveillance data or something, sure. If it's a master back-up of the company servers to Paladin Lots? Not so much.
[20:22] <Mem> T2> Yes, but I'm really not interested in finding out if we were accurately traced.
[20:23] <Karas> T2> I'm going to go take a look around the building...anyone coming with?
[20:23] <Mem> T2> It was only up for a few milliseconds, but it was up.
[20:23] <Ardelmos> T2> Well then pull it together and see if you can decrypt it.
[20:23] <Mem> T2> ::stares at Roland a second, thinking:: All right. Pack all of this other shit up. ::sits next to Roland:: If I can't figure this out in a minute, it'll have to wait.
[20:24] <Ardelmos> T2> ::grunts and gets up, moving to help Detro pack everything up::
[20:24] <Karas> ::waits for a reply...getting none he walks to the door:: I'm going to go watch the street then...::heads down to street level::
[20:25] <Delgado> T2> ::smirks as she grabs Detro's inner elbow with her mediglove and gives him an anti-inflammatory and a mild pain killer:: No running a marathon.
[20:27] <Savant> The street is calm, quiet. This is high up in the city, so most people are fairly well-to-do, and most are in a brisk, calm hurry.
[20:27] <Detro> T2> ::acknowledges Roland's help with a grateful nod of the head... then the sting, of the mediglove::
[20:27] <Karas> ::stands besides the main door and lights a cigarette while continues to watch the street for activity::
[20:27] <Delgado> T2> ::does a quick final check of Detro then takes off her glove and shoves it into one of her many hidden pockets::
[20:28] <Mem> T2> ::plugs his computer into Roland's terminal and attempts to decrypt what he can and get any idea of what was being transmitted::
[20:28] <Detro> T2> ::smiles:: Running a marathon at this point is entirely up to the bad guys.
[20:29] <Delgado> T2> ::frowns for a moment then smirks:: Well then, don't do anything that'll make you, or us, run a marathon.
[20:29] <Detro> T2> Is that a suggestion or an order? :Very Happy:
[20:30] <Detro> T2> ::resumes helping pack up what's left, still keeping in mind not to push himself too hard::
[20:31] <Ardelmos> ::throws a backpack of equipment over his shoulder and grabs one of the suitcases that has additional goods in it::
[20:31] <Mem> T2> ::leans back from the screen and looks over at Roland, confused::
[20:31] <Delgado> T2> Both. ::shakes her head and mutters:: Gave me a tiny heart attack back there with that computer freeze. ::helps pack up::
[20:31] <Ardelmos> T2> ::looks at Mem:: What.
[20:31] <Mem> T2> It looks like operating system info. CEF for sure, lots of data files. I can't figure out much more than that.
[20:31] <Mem> T2> ::looks back at the screen::
[20:32] <Ardelmos> T2> ::looks at Mem, then back at the screen, then back at Mem:: I have no idea what the fuck that means.
[20:32] <Detro> T2> Ah, just a bump in the road. Mem's rather the ching soh of computer users on this team.
[20:33] <Delgado> T2> Why don't you shoot it in the head? ::casually states as she continues to help Detro::
[20:34] <Ardelmos> T2> You know what a com-pew-tor is right?
[20:34] <Mem> T2> Cmon, cmon. ::taps his foot impatiently as he waits for the computer to give him more info about the entirety of the files::
[20:35] <Delgado> T2> ::ignores Roland's reply completely::
[20:35] <Savant> The street is calm, quiet- dozens of business towers crowd the narrow street. Lighting is bright and white, and the walls are all painted soft pastel hues.
[20:38] <Mem> T2> ::glances at Roland:: If we want the whole thing, it's another five minutes or so.
[20:38] <Detro> T2> Do we have that long to wait?
[20:38] <Ardelmos> T2> ::glances at his watch:: Fuck it. It's pulling off wireless connections to the sniffers -- just close the lid and let's go. It'll still run while we displace.
[20:38] <Mem> T2> I don't know. But I don't want to stay here after that hack job.
[20:39] <Mem> T2> Might be able to intercept it again later if it doesn't. But yeah, let's go.
[20:39] <Mem> T2> ::collapses the screen and slips the computer into a backpack, zips it up:: We good? ::looks around the room::
[20:39] <Karas> T2> ::pulls out cellphone and dials Mem::
[20:39] <Detro> T2> I'd say so. ::heads out of the location::
[20:40] <Ardelmos> T2> Pull it out in five and check it. Should be done. Then shut it down to make sure it's not traced from a sniffer -- I hid'm pretty damned well, but y'never know.
[20:41] <Karas> T2> ::not getting a response Karas heads back inside::
[20:41] <Karas> ::Pokes his head into the room:: We got a VTOL overhead belongs to the targets security firm...
[20:42] <Savant> Outside, a VTOL floats calmly up the boulevard, dipping low beneath a broad spar, then rising again. Searchlights lazily scan back and forth as it goes along.
[20:42] <Mem> T2> ::passes Karas:: Go. ::looks at Roland::
[20:42] <Detro> T2> We should stick to teams of two out there, just so we don't look obvious.
[20:43] <Karas> T2> ::walks over to Delgado:: Shall we go then madam?
[20:43] <Ardelmos> T2> ::blends in with the crowds and heads west, making sure not to take them out of range of the wireless connection to the sniffers::
[20:43] <Delgado> T2> ::smiles and gestures to Karas:: Please, lead the way.
[20:44] <Mem> T2> ::puts on his sunglasses and steps into the crowd behind Roland::
[20:44] <Karas> ::Karas heads out to the street making sure to keep close to Delgado...he follows a distance behind Ardel::
[20:44] <Ardelmos> ::glances at his chronometer ever minute or so as they move, waiting for an appropriate time where the remainder of the data should have accumulated::
[20:45] <Detro> T2> ::looks around and finds himself alone:: Ah. Not quite as literal as I wanted that to be but... ::heads off as his own group::
[20:46] <Karas> T2>::Risks a brief glimpse upwards to see which way the VTOL is headed::
[20:46] <Delgado> T2> ::follows Karas casually, keeping her eyes away from the sky::
[20:49] <Detro> T2> ::walks along casually -- he has nothing to hide, after all. The data's not on his person, right::
[20:50] <Savant> That floating fish, the security VTOL, begins to descend not too far from Delgado, Karas, and Mem. The light focuses on them, haloing them in searing white
[20:51] <Detro> T2> ::at this point, there's not much he can do other than give himself away as well::
[20:53] <Mem> T2> ::feels his heart sink and the adrenaline start flowing, and begins checking for a place to disappear to::
[20:53] <Savant> The floater lands, and out comes a set of six men in what appears to be half-plate. Glittering chain skirts and sleeves with matching blue tabards completes the look. Their weapons are more serious - pistols, and two have rifles. They all also have swords. Most aren't giving them much of a glance beyond the first.
[20:54] <Detro> T2> ::glances around to see if there's anything that would make a good distraction::
[20:55] <Delgado> T2> ::continues to casually walk along, keeping her cool::
[20:55] <Savant> Guard> ::Heads over to Delgado, raising a hand to her:: Ma'am. Ma'am? If I can have a moment of your time.
[20:55] <Mem> T2> ::decides not to look behind him as he continues walking, still scanning ahead of him for a place to go out of sight::
[20:56] <Ardelmos> T2> ::glances over his shoulder and frowns -- he slows to a stop and moves up against the wall, casually leaning against it::
[20:56] <Karas> T2>::Walks beside Delgado:: get ready...::he mumbles under his breath::
[20:56] <Detro> T2> ::if this were Terra Nova, he'd look for a vehicle he could get into and cause some mayhem::
[20:57] <Delgado> T2> ::turns and looks at the Guard, blinking her long lashes once:: Hmm? Yes?
[20:57] <Karas> T2>::Stops when Delgado turns:: There a problem officer?
[20:57] <Savant> Guard> We'd like to ask you some questions. Where have you been over the past hour?
[20:58] <Savant> Guard> ::glances at Karas, his attitude changes - relaxes?:: We've been alerted to a security breach in the area, detective.
[20:58] <Savant> The guards fan out, starting to question people. Another VTOL flows by overhead.
[20:58] <Delgado> T2> ::looks to Karas then looks back at the guard, blushing as she turns her head down, letting her hair fall into her face. She then looks up at the guard through her hair, an embarassed smirk on her face as she whispers softly, gesturing ever-so slightly to Karas:: Do I have to?
[20:59] <Detro> T2> ::there's not much he can do to help them, and with the net spreading, so are his chances of getting away and being able to help them later if need be. He appears to "continue on with his business" on his way out of the area.
[20:59] <Mem> T2> ::continues down the street as casually as he can, not even making eye contact with Roland as he passes::
[20:59] <Karas> T2> Your kind of thrown a bit of a monkey wrench into our date friend.
[21:00] <Karas> <<You have kind...>>
[21:00] <Ardelmos> ::lets Mem get twenty feet or so ahead of him, then pushes off the wall and moves to follow him::
[21:00] <Detro> T2> ::is behind Mem and Roland, having let the bulk of the group walk out before he did::
[21:01] <Savant> Guard> Hah! ::laughs and pats Karas's arm:: Sorry for bothering you two. Have fun.
[21:02] <Delgado> T2> ::gives the guard and his friends a wink and a sly smile:: Definately. ::turns around and hooks her arm with Karas' and leans into him as she starts leading him back down the street::
[21:03] <Savant> Guard> ::Another guard stops Mem on his path:: Sir? Sir. I need to ask you some questions.
[21:03] <Mem> T2> ::glances at the guard:: Who, me?
[21:04] <Ardelmos> ::grunts to himself and moves in between people on the street, using people's bodies as cover from the guards on the ground::
[21:04] <Savant> Guard> ::nods:: We're investigating a disturbance. What have you been doing for the past hour?
[21:05] * Lykaeon has joined #bt05
[21:05] <Detro> T2> ::decides that the best defense is a good offense... he notes the name of a restaurant down the way a bit, then actually walks up to the corpserf questioning Mem:: Sorry for interrupting. I'm looking for the Sakajime Bar? Do you know where that is?
[21:06] <Savant> Guard> ::raises a hand to Detro, inviting him to wait a moment::
[21:06] * Savant sets mode: +o Lykaeon
[21:06] <Mem> T2> Past hour? Well, I just left my girlfriend's place ... ::glances at Detro:: Is that place any good?
[21:06] <Savant> Guard> And where is that, sir?
[21:07] * Karas has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[21:07] <Detro> T2> ::shrugs:: Strong place, I heard. Haven't been myself. Been walking around forever trying to find it.
[21:08] <Mem> T2> About seven blocks back down that way. Why? ::smirks:: She's already cheating on me, man, I ain't gonna stop you.
[21:08] * Lykaeon is now known as Karas
[21:08] <Savant> Guard> ::Frowns and nods:: If there's anything further, we'll be sure to ask. Thank you for your time. ::takes a step back and goes to harass someone else::
[21:09] <Detro> T2> ::keeping up the act:: Don't suppose you know where it is? ::to Mem::
[21:09] <Mem> T2> All right. Appreciate well. ::to Detro:: Where's that Sakawhowhat Bar?
[21:09] <Mem> T2> ::turns and starts walking down the street, looking at signs::
[21:09] <Detro> T2> ::shrugs, follows:: Somewhere on this level...
[21:10] <Mem> T2> Well, I'll have to check it out next time I'm down here. Thanks. ::nods to Detro, and then puts a few bodies in between them::
[21:11] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: Appreciate well.
[21:11] <Detro> T2> ::heads off towards the bar in question::
[21:11] <Mem> T2> ::clenches his teeth a bit as he continues down the road, adjusting his sunglasses::
[21:12] <Ardelmos> ::slips right past the guard that was just harassing Mem, staying out of his line of sight and the line of sights of the other guards by using other people on the sidewalk as cover::
[21:12] <Savant> The Talons disseminate into the crowds, leaving the corpserfs behind them, for now at least.
[21:12] <Delgado> T2> ::continues to walk with Karas, flirting heavily with him physically while still in view of the guards, but she whispers so only he can hear:: You owe me big...
[21:12] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:12] <Karas> T2>...dinner and a movie then?
[21:13] <Detro> T2> ::Attn::
[21:13] <Savant> well then, that was a bit of an experiment. What did you guys think?
[21:13] <Craig> awesome
[21:13] <Dimitri> It was different, and I did enjoy it
[21:13] <Dimitri> being split up was nice
[21:13] <Detro> T2> Fun Smile I'm guessing that not seeing anything from T1 means they're in another channel? Smile
[21:13] <Mem> I was skurred. Sad
[21:13] <Birkin> I liked it. I need better theatrics but I like it Wink
[21:13] <Savant> they are, yes.
[21:13] <Delgado> Once again, skirting death by an asshair. Wink
[21:13] <Mem> My rolls went to shit, I thought I was gonna bite it.
[21:13] <Mem> But lots of fun.
[21:14] <Gabriel> Yeah, it went great, I thought. Smile
[21:14] <Savant> do you think it is worthwhile doing the two-team split like that when there's lots of ground to cover?
[21:14] <Karas> Delgado and Karas are totally becoming a two-man team...whether its saving lives or staying hidden. =P
[21:14] <Detro> That's why you spend points, so your rolls don't suck and you don't waste ED Wink
[21:14] <Gabriel> I'll have to read the main channel. Wasn't really paying attention to it.
[21:14] <Mem> Yeah. Did you guys all get some stuff done?
[21:14] <Detro> Yeah, is the log from the other channel gonna get posted?
[21:14] <Craig> nah we just sat around staring at each other:)
[21:14] <Savant> of course. Which is why I want you guys to summarize what happened for each other as part of the close-up.
[21:14] <Savant> yes, that'll be posted.
[21:15] <Savant> they got two interesting contacts.
[21:15] <Ardelmos> Broke in electronically. Stole files. Mariss is sending some sort of weird operating system data to Paladin lots continuously that we're not clear on but we got copies of the data.
[21:15] <Mem> Sure. We hacked into their security system, but a trace got off just long enough for them to start searching the area we were hacking from.
[21:15] <Detro> We've got some inside data on Mariss we'll have to go through, including designs, autofact information, machinery drivers, for mounts, VTOLs, and other domestic products.
[21:15] <Mem> But I think otherwise it was very successful.
[21:15] <Delgado> Patched up Detro and saved myself with my boobs.
[21:16] <Gabriel> Ours was fairly straightfoward. We met two different interviewers, and asked some questions. Then the meat of it was we were taken to their autofac line. They have nine lines, but only five are operating. They are indeed making exo railguns, but they're having trouble because of how light they have to be. Lines keep breaking down and they're having materials problems.
[21:16] <Dimitri> Examined the Lines they are using to build parts for the CEF. However they are intentionally using sub par mainteince equipment to force downtime on the lines
[21:16] <Detro> We also found out that Mariss has some high speed direct data lines to Paladin Lots.
[21:16] <Detro> Ones that are heavily in use
[21:16] <Birkin> We got to tour the plant here, and saw the railguns being made, or at least parts of them
[21:16] <Mem> Awesome.
[21:16] <Birkin> we are all getting a second interview
[21:16] <Karas> Ya I got some encrypted passcodes, a wireless connection of some sort and the building schematics...for a raid. I'll have more about the security company and Mariss by next session too.
[21:16] <Mem> So they are sabotaging the CEF a bit?
[21:16] <Dimitri> Seems so
[21:16] <Detro> Heh. So it's like EGL then, with the poison gas.
[21:16] <Gabriel> The really good news is that both of the people we talked to are fairly openly anti-CEF, which means it's probably fairly pervasive in upper management, too.
[21:16] <Gabriel> I think we've found our company.
[21:17] <Birkin> Yeah, that was something really nice
[21:17] <Detro> Yeah, sounds like it
[21:17] <Delgado> Sweet.
[21:17] <Mem> Hope they aren't too pissed when they find out we hacked their system. Wink Maybe the chief sys admin is a hot chick.
[21:17] <Savant> good reviews
[21:17] <Savant> anyways, let's dole out experience points here. Since the team was split in two, i'll expect replies from both teams on this one.
[21:17] <Detro> Question is, if Mariss is anti-CEF... is Hakkar?
[21:17] <Birkin> Birkin got to check out some Caprice Scotch
[21:17] <Craig> heck the guy that me gabriel and melissa met had a library of colonial history books, with a good number of them being Terranovan
[21:17] <Gabriel> Way too early to say.
[21:17] <Gabriel> ::nods:: He's got kind of a hard-on for rugged colonial types.
[21:18] <Mem> if Hakkar is waist-deep in Mariss' security systems, then they'd probably have an idea what's going on in the company.
[21:18] <Karas> I can see what Jaceksen finds?
[21:18] <Savant> Jaceksen doesn't deal much with Mariss Milspec, asdly. But as a member of a Hakkar corporation, it's easier for him to ge into Mariss and deal with them.
[21:18] <Mem> Oh, we discovered that, too. A Hakkar security firm handles most of the security at Mariss, at a discount
[21:18] <Savant> sadly.
[21:19] <Mem> If someone didn't already mention it.
[21:19] <Savant> who wants expees
[21:19] <Detro> Moi, si vous plait
[21:19] <Karas> I do, I do!
[21:19] <Birkin> moar
[21:19] <Detro> (Tell me I got that right.)
[21:19] <Craig> me me:)
[21:19] <Mem> s'il
[21:19] <Mem> I think
[21:20] <Savant> one for the money and two for the show. Three is for teamwork. Give me some teamwork.
[21:20] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:20] <Delgado> Meeeee
[21:20] <Savant> s'il vous plait
[21:20] <Detro> Detro jumped into buy Mem time to think. Delgado and Karas, perfect teamworld
[21:20] <Birkin> Delgado used her god given talents to help avoid some problems with the other team yes?
[21:20] <Savant> both talents, yes.
[21:20] <Delgado> I patched up Detro and used Karas as a prop effectively? Wink
[21:20] <Dimitri> Well I tried to help Birkin in the interview as best I could at one point to try smooth any possible issue with his inexperience in Production lines
[21:21] <Mem> Lots of teamwork. Detro outrolled Mem on the defense when he was struggling on dice, and Karas and Roland were all there together getting data.
[21:21] <Gabriel> The whole game. Two teams, sounds like both teams were successful in their respective objectives. I know our team split up and handled learning a lot of different things. Gabriel took personell and process issues, Craig and Birkin were mechanical, Dimitri was squishy underbelly. Wink
[21:21] <Savant> team 2 did a great job tonight, I really agree. And yes, both teams did well.
[21:21] <Ardelmos> Roland managed to contribute despite not having anything to shoot. Wink
[21:21] <Gabriel> Heh.
[21:21] <Delgado> lol, for real
[21:21] <Karas> I spotted the VTOL early on although Mem didn't pick up the phone for the warning.
[21:21] <Detro> Yeah, the Mem/Detro tag team worked well. Probably useful for battling webbled Kassandras
[21:21] <Dimitri> Squishy underbelly? Wink
[21:21] <Gabriel> Wink
[21:21] <Mem> And I apologize for flubbing a bit with the new Computer stuff. We'll get it ironed out before the next time.
[21:21] <Birkin> The team in the factory split up almost evenly to observe as much as the factory as we could
[21:21] <Dimitri> Don't you mean Craig was Mechanical, and I was mechanically ? Wink
[21:21] <Savant> s'okay.
[21:22] <Karas> Just answer the phone next time. =)
[21:22] <Craig> well dimitry was more mechanical since he figured out what was wrong with the line
[21:22] <Gabriel> Who else would have noticed the self-sabotage stuff?
[21:22] <Mem> I want more PP if we're going to tackle the serious mainframes.
[21:22] <Birkin> I tried to pass on that I had spotted the Rail gun... hopefully not to obvious Wink
[21:22] <Savant> Mem, so you know, the first mainframe you fought was 4pp, and the second one was 6.
[21:22] <Mem> ::nods::
[21:22] <Savant> anyways, you get the teamwork point, certainly. You all did well in that regard.
[21:22] <Mem> I want to be able to acquire some processing power that I can wire up in a pinch.
[21:23] <Detro> Cellular computing.
[21:23] <Savant> Point four is for storyline. Tellm ehw at you've learned about the storyline.
[21:23] <Mem> Especially when we're in a stationary spot.
[21:23] <Craig> self sabotage? ahh hehe mariss milspec is doing that on purpose and blaming it on the requirements for the CEF items
[21:23] <Delgado> Tynes' team learned a -ton-.
[21:23] <Mem> Actually, the first module I'm going to submit is going to be one that attempts to acquire processing power from remote locations... for instance, he probably could've tried to use the first computer against the second.
[21:24] <Savant> that's awesome, Mem. I like that idea.
[21:24] <Gabriel> Sounds like lots of stuff. Mariss is deliberately sabotaging the CEF a bit, and getting away with it despite CID observers. The management of the company doesn't like the CEF, but they're taking their money. Mariss saw a railgun a freakin' YEAR ago! Yipe. We're way behind there.
[21:24] <Detro> Given what Team 1 has revealed about Mariss... I'm thinking those data lines to Paladin Lots are downloading some useful data Wink
[21:24] <Savant> Mariss also has the plans for the exoskeletons, i will point out. Not complete, but brevis plans is what he called them.
[21:24] <Mem> Yeah, the intel team learned less, but we acquired a LOT of raw info. Mariss executives, company procedures, CID security info, production info.
[21:24] <Detro> Or maybe uploading. A virus would be nice.
[21:25] <Mem> And the second data source that Roland found hopefully is important, too.
[21:25] <Gabriel> Lots of stuff about Hadren Guilles, too, most particularly that he's probably going to be very receptive to a real life colonial talking to him. Wink
[21:25] <Mem> I'm interested in finding out where Hakkar stands now, if they support Mariss, and Mariss is somewhat anti-CEF.
[21:25] <Savant> Team 2 got a huge volume of data that will take weeks to completely sort out.
[21:26] <Savant> anything else?
[21:27] <Savant> i'll give you a freebie here. Team 1 learned that Mariss splits their company into a Domestic division and a Colonial division. Team 2 found out that there are 3 mainframes in their network. One is a portal, one is domestic... the third they didn't get into.
[21:27] <Ardelmos> Delgado/Karas and Detro/Mem worked their way out of questioning well
[21:27] <Savant> they did.
[21:27] <Karas> Like to dig more into the security company employed by Mariss, if Mariss is anti-cef so could the security company!
[21:27] <Craig> i imagine we'll be able to get down to the more gritty details when team 1 meets with hadren again, might even be able to approach as ourselves this time
[21:27] <Gabriel> ::nods:: That's the first thing we need to pull from that data, is what the difference between their divisions is.
[21:28] <Karas> a Corp-Serf branch that backs you can give you guys an edge.
[21:28] <Mem> Mem could certainly make another attempt.
[21:28] <Mem> Might require a more elaborate plan.
[21:28] <Savant> i'll certainly give you points for learning things. That's four points. And as an aside, I seriously, seriously suggest you guys divulge everything you can on what you've learned. Scour that data and get it on the forums. Things in one group can and will affect things learned with the other.
[21:28] <Savant> and yes, now you have another company to investigate as well, one that Karas can likely help a lot in
[21:29] <Detro> Heh. Mem, I'd hold off on another hack until we're sure of their intent. If they're friendly to us, they might show us what's on there w/o hacking Wink
[21:29] <Mem> Maybe so.
[21:29] <Savant> that's four points. Five points will be granted if everyone can give me a suggestion on how to better run these intel games. Do you guys want to have access to both team channels, for example? or should I be breaking them up like this at all?
[21:30] <Ardelmos> No, this was good.
[21:30] <Birkin> Break them up like this. Its more realistic
[21:30] <Karas> I like the break up...
[21:30] <Detro> Breaking it up made it easier for us to stay with what our team is doing and seeing
[21:30] <LrdVampyre> breakup is easier to deal with i think
[21:30] <Delgado> This was good. Less distraction.
[21:30] <Savant> i want other suggestions other than a yes or no to that one question Wink
[21:30] <Mem> I think if the info is getting organized from both channels, then it's better separate.
[21:30] <Dimitri> Breaking it up was an excellent suggestion.
[21:30] <Dimitri> fine, my suggestion Colin, is to get another monitor and dual screen. Wink
[21:30] <Ardelmos> Uh....dual dice channels? I dunno. Wink
[21:30] <Craig> i liked it this way too, made it easier for us to keep track of whats going on in our neck of the woods
[21:30] <Savant> i'm taknig donations
[21:31] <Savant> taking
[21:31] <Savant> so you figure i should break the teams up further, so they can't see what's going on in either?
[21:31] <Birkin> to the "Colin Needs Booze Foundatoin"
[21:31] <Birkin> *Foundation yeah
[21:31] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Breaking things up worked well. We do need to work out some way for one team to see what the other team is seeing, and maybe asking questions.
[21:31] <Mem> But place names are fine, too.
[21:31] <Savant> nah, i have lots of that. My liquor cabinet is very full Wink
[21:31] <Gabriel> That will reduce the amount of isolation between the two teams.
[21:31] <Mem> It never bothered me on Coro, so long as everyone used them.
[21:31] <Gabriel> Not sure if HG tech is up to that, though.
[21:31] <Dimitri> Savant: I like it. It also might place an emphasis on having a second in command too. Wink
[21:31] <Delgado> Eeeh. Dunno about complete seperation. Then we can't help each other.
[21:31] <Detro> Ross -- that's why I suggested subvoc commns
[21:32] <Savant> you guys need subvocs and pin cameras when you do these things.
[21:32] <Karas> Yes a second in command would be nice.
[21:32] <Mem> That's why I asked if we had bugs on everyone
[21:32] <Gabriel> Yeah, but HG subvoc comms are still devices.
[21:32] <Savant> No one said they took bugs, so you didn't have any bugs
[21:32] <Gabriel> ie, they're above the skin, visible, etc.
[21:32] <Mem> ::nods::
[2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile...

[19:10] <Savant> After the brief elevator ride, the doors open into an equally brief corridor. The door at the end of the hall has a small light shining above it, and a soothing voice intones "please proceed".
[19:11] <Dimitri> ::Glances around the corridor, before stepping out of the elevator, making his way towards the door at the end of the hall, waiting for Birkin before opening it.::
[19:12] <Birkin> ::moving into the corridor and walking down the corridor slowly, taking look around, seeing what this area looks like, and any security around it::
[19:13] <Savant> Inside, the office is ... spartan. The walls are bare and surfaced with cobbled bricks made of the same red-grey rocks that make up Caprice. A small fireplace burns in one wall beside a small but cozy desk, equally clean and bare. A woman sits behind it, writing on a PDA.
[19:13] <Savant> Saske Orwend> Sit, please.
[19:14] <Dimitri> ::slides into the seat, resting his hands in his lap, and making eye contact with the woman::
[19:14] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::She doesn't make eye contact - she hasn't even looked up at you at all yet, in fact::
[19:15] <Birkin> ::sits down as well, holding the drink on his hands as he looks at the desk and whats around it::
[19:15] <Dimitri> ::then makes eye contact with the crown of her head. ::
[19:16] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::clears her thorat, puts down the PDA, and looks up:: All right. Well. You two are ::pauses to looka t her PDA again:: Here about a job interview. Alright. Hit me with your best shot. Whaddya got.
[19:18] <Dimitri> I'm looking at your line supervisor position. As you can see by my application I am more than proficient enough in the fields as well as with my supervisory certifications that I could easily provide quite the boost to your output. I would be a valuable asset to your company.
[19:19] <Birkin> I feel that I have several differant uses that might be of use to your company. I can repair and help manufacture several differant forms of firearms, and I have a minor knowledge of electronics and their applications to said firearms. I am a good happy worker who shows up on time and will do my best. I am looking for learning more and then working my way up
[19:20] <Savant> Saske Orwend> Mm. ::to Birkin:: Do you have technical degrees, from where? Or is this a hobby we're talking about?
[19:23] <Birkin> ::clears his throat:: No. I it's a hobby I picked up to help me get by. I've been working on it for quite a while though.
[19:24] <Savant> Saske Orwend> What sort of weapons? ::and then she looks at Dimitri:: And what sort of equipment have you worked on? With who?
[19:27] <Dimitri> Most of my work has been piecemeal, working with groups of Liberati in upgrading and repairing their equipment, which is, as you can guess fairly large jobs. I've also done temp work for Nexon Mechanical, Pinnel Engineering. I've also done some advisory work for Edge Inc.
[19:28] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::Raises an eyebrow:: Liberati? What clan?
[19:29] <Birkin> Oh.. This and that. Mainly security personel who didn't want their bosses to know that they broke their peice. Even a few lasers here and there.
[19:29] <Dimitri> Most of my work with the Liberati has been with the Van Daar clan.
[19:29] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::now both eyebrows go up:: Lasers? Where did you work on lasers?
[19:32] <Birkin> ::gets a little shifty:: I... Didn't really ask questions. I just did the job and got out, I needed the money you know.
[19:34] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::purses her lips, clearly not impressed:: How long ago?
[19:37] <Birkin> A year give or take a few months.
[19:38] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::makes a note of it:: Would the two of you be interested in working on our Colonial contracts, or on our domestic products?
[19:40] <Birkin> Colonial contracts? I'm afraid I don't follow. Going to other colonies?
[19:41] <Savant> Saske Orwend> There will be the potential for that in the future. As the primary provider for light vehicle support weapons to the Colonial Expeditionary Force, it's very likely that we will be opening branch offices in the other colonies.. once those markets are opened.
[19:42] <Dimitri> Well, I am interested in the Colonial contracts. Although the Domestic also sounds rather intriguing. If you don't mind me asking, what is the salary difference?
[19:43] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::Shrugs:: None, really. The perks of the Colonial branch come from the CID for the most part. They can be lush.
[19:44] <Dimitri> Hmm. Then I would consider that to be my choice that I'm most interested in. I also believe I could move father in the Colonial contracts arena as well.
[19:44] <Birkin> ::looks over at Dimitri, liking the idea of a salary differance:: Either then.
[19:44] <Savant> Saske Orwend> Have either of you worked in an automated factory before?
[19:45] <Dimitri> I'm familiar with them. I haven't worked in one for an extensive amount of time, but I have done repair work on several machines in many of them.
[19:45] <Birkin> ::shakes his head:: No. I haven't
[19:48] <Dimitri> It's quite easy to pick up I find. Even someone with no experience in an automated factory can easily pick up the required skills in a short amount of time.
[19:49] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::purses her lips and makes a few more notes, then stands abruptly:: Let's go to the floor.
[19:50] <Dimitri> ::takes his leave of the rather comfortable seat. :: Lead the way Miss.
[19:50] <Birkin> ::sits his drink down on the chair as he stands, prepared to go::
[19:51] <Savant> She leads the two of you out into the hall and back to the elevator.
[19:52] <Dimitri> ::follows her, rather nonchalant, glancing around, taking in everything he see's.::
[19:54] <Savant> ((Come to #BT05-One ))
[19:54] <Birkin> ::follows the woman back out of the area::
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile...

[19:04] <Savant> After the brief elevator ride, the doors open into an equally brief corridor. The door at the end of the hall has a small light shining above it, and a soothing voice intones "please proceed".
[19:04] <Melissa> ::takes a deep breath to settle her nerves and takes a step into the hallway::
[19:05] <Gabriel> ::proceeds out of the elevator toward the door::
[19:05] <Craig> ::steps out of the elevator and looks about the hall::nice place
[19:06] <Gabriel> ::tries the door::
[19:07] <Savant> The door leads to a comfortable if small office. The walls are lined with bookshelves holding data disks and a great number of actual, real books. The man at the desk in the centre of the room (there's not much in it other than that desk and some plush chairs) is writing calmly on a PDA.
[19:07] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Come on in, have a seat. Can I interest any of you in something to drink?
[19:08] <Gabriel> ::glances around very briefly, then smiles:: Nothing for me, thank you. ::finds a seat and takes it::
[19:08] <Craig> ::walks into the office and pulls up a seat, shaking his head:: no, thanks
[19:08] <Melissa> ::smiles and takes a seat:: I'm good thanks
[19:11] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::looks up after a moment and exhales:: Hello. I'm Hadren Guilles, and I understand that you three are interested in applying? Your resumes seem quite complete, but ywhy don't you tell me a bit about your history. What's brought you here?
[19:13] <Gabriel> I'll start. Mikhail Vandenberg. And as you know from my resume, I'm currently a process auditor. And while that's enjoyable work, it's really kind of dry. I really enjoy technology, and at my current company, I don't get much of an opportunity in those areas.
[19:13] <Gabriel> So I'm really looking to take my existing experience and apply it in a technology environment where I can not only use my skills, but be really interested in what I do every day.
[19:14] <Gabriel> ::looks at Craig and Birkin::
[19:15] <Gabriel> <<Melissa, even>>
[19:17] <Melissa> ::smiles:: Guess I'll go next. Sam Penner. Currently doing work fixing up vehicles and small generators and want to expand my horizons. I love working with all kinds of machinery and I know I'm the right person to be fixing atuofacs for you.
[19:18] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> You're aware that we don't work on vehicles as much as we do on stationary equipment, Ms Penner?
[19:18] <Melissa> I am quite aware of that. That's why I'm here ::grins:: I prefer my machinery stationery, except for the parts that need to move of course.
[19:21] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::looks at Craig::
[19:21] <Craig> ::takes hadren's cue:: Albert Delco, I've been in mostly contract work for mining outfits, much of my work involved installing and repairing life support systems as well as vehicle electronics. That kind of work almost always involved going out of the trench which has been getting pretty tedious lately so i'm looking to get in closer to home as well as branching out my skills into other systems
[19:22] <Craig> ((er Abell Delco))
[19:23] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Mmh-hmm. ::Writes down a few notes, tilting his head at one point as if listening to an invisible voice. He nods:: No, no, just take the line down. Send in crew three. I know they're on break, send them in. ::then his head rights itself:: Right.
[19:24] <Melissa> ::sits back, smiling::
[19:26] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Mr Delco - all of you, I suppose. Do you hae any degrees to speak of? we're looking for experience primarily, but you know, the paper helps.
[19:27] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Have any of you worked in an actual autofac before?
[19:28] <Melissa> Myself, no. I've studied them in class and poured over schematics in my off time.
[19:28] <Gabriel> ::shakes his head:: I have not, unfortunately. I know the theory, of course. And my degree is in systems management, associate's, and I have a project management certification. ::names the two minor credentials associated with his rig persona::
[19:31] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> I see. Would you like to see one?
[19:31] <Gabriel> Yes, I'd be very interested.
[19:32] <Craig> ::shakes head as well:: i have 3 certifications in electrical engineering but i have not been in an autofac before, but as i said i'm looking to branch out my skills
[19:33] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> We'll head down in a few moments, let you look at the floor. Unfortunately we're not running at terribly high efficiency lately, so there will likely be a lot of shakeup coming down. ::he smiles placidly:: Maybe you'll be the ones doing the shaking.
[19:33] <Melissa> ::smiles::
[19:33] <Gabriel> ::smiles:: Fixing troubled processes is what I do best.
[19:33] <Craig> ::nods:: i look forward to the challenge
[19:36] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> What do you look forward to doing with MAriss? Interested in getting involved with our Colony contracts? Or are you interested in the domestic market?
[19:38] <Gabriel> ::smiles:: I wasn't aware Mariss had a colonial market. I learned about your CEF contracts from the press releases, of course.
[19:39] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::grins affably:: No, no. We sell it to the NEC. They're responsible for the export. You know how it is.
[19:39] <Craig> ::eyes widen a bit:: colony contracts sounds intriguing
[19:40] <Melissa> ::purses her lips:: That does sound quite interesting
[19:40] <Gabriel> Ah. Yes, that makes sense. The middleman always wants to take his cut. ::says it lightly::
[19:42] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Work hard enough and you may be involved in a Utopian or Atlantean branch office in a few years, should you be chosen. We're looking for very motivated and independant people.
[19:43] <Melissa> ::smiles enthusiastically::
[19:44] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::Stands:: Shall we take a walk?
[19:44] <Melissa> ::nods and stands:: Please
[19:46] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::Hadren is a tall blonde man with sharp blue eyes and light skin, a bit of a rarity in this city. He throws a black suit-cloak over his shoulders as he rises. Strange seeing a tunic/suit/cloak style, but it works, and well for him. You note then that he's wearing a slim sword at his side as well::
[19:47] <Craig> ::stands as well taking one last look around the office, noting the various books on the shelves:: sure, by the way nice collection of materials you have here, this for research when dealing in those colony contracts or strictly a hobby?
[19:47] <Gabriel> ::tries to recognize the sword::
[19:48] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::Glances at his shelves and then back to craig:: I like history, I like the old Concordat, and the old trade expeditions. A heroic era, don't you think?
[19:49] <Gabriel> ::smiles:: Indeed. And I like your sword. I have a Versa, myself.
[19:50] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::clucks his tongue:: should've brought it. Versas are very nice, I have two myself.
[19:50] <Craig> ::nods::exploration and pushing our boundries always sounds more exciting than conquest
[19:51] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> : agree. But it's the world we live in. Let's go for a walk.
[19:52] <Savant> He leads the three of you out of the door and into the elevator again
[19:52] <Melissa> ::steps into behind Hadren::
[19:52] <Gabriel> ::follws Hadren::
[19:53] <Craig> ::nods and as hadren turns to lead, craig gives a "what do you think?" look to gabriel::
[19:53] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> No recording devices on the floor, please. We operate interference generators anyways, but it annoys the CID.
[19:54] * Birkin has joined #BT05-One
[19:54] <Savant> The elevator slows on it speedy flight, and the doors open again, onto another hallway similar to the one you were in before.
[19:54] <Craig> ::chuckles a bit::i try to come in clean nowadays, less trouble at the front door
[19:57] <Savant> ((::kicks Dimitri:: ))
[19:57] * Dimitri has joined #BT05-One
[19:58] <Dimitri> (( my bad, I thought Colin meant just #BT05, not this channel ))
[19:58] <Savant> The doors open and the Talon team is together again. Team 1a has a tall, dark suited, blonde haired man with them; the second team has a short, taciturn brunette leading them
[19:58] <Melissa> ::absently rocks back and forth on her feet, a ball of barely contained excitement::
[19:59] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Saske.
[19:59] <Savant> Saske Orwend> Hadren.
[19:59] <Savant> The Doors close and the elevator continues its decent, down, down, down well past the atrium - as far as you know. There aren't any buttons or numbers.
[20:00] <Gabriel> ::glances at Saske::
[20:00] <Craig> ::nods to Saske and the other talons::
[20:01] <Melissa> ::smiles at the new suit:: Hi
[20:01] <Savant> Another moment and the elevator slows, and the doors open. After a hallay and a double pair of doors, and under the grim eyes of a black suited CID official, the group is admitted to the main work floor.
[20:01] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::looks blankly at Melissa a moment, then nods::
[20:02] <Melissa> ::smiles as she walks past the two CID officials, a brief thought of dropping a handful of small spider drones done their pants crossing her mind::
[20:03] <Gabriel> ::gives the CID type a nod and exits the elevator, taking a look around::
[20:03] <Dimitri> ::Makes his way, stepping into step behind Melissa, overly cheerful demenor and all.::
[20:03] <Savant> It's not terribly remarkable up close. Robotic arms, large tubs of material; heat and steam and the glow of molten metal and ceramic. There are flashes form welders and the whirr of machines. Not a lot of life, however; there are only a few people wandering about the floor, inspecting
[20:04] <Craig> ::nods as well as they walk by and then turns his attention to the various pieces of equipment on the work floor::
[20:04] <Melissa> ::takes in the whole workfloor and nods appreciatively::
[20:04] <Dimitri> ::Eyes the equipment with a practiced eye, and equally so, the product the equipment is working on, scanning the room in wide arcs, taking everything in.::
[20:04] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> This is our main floor. You can see that we've got five lines running right now ::points them out:: And that those four are down at the moment. That's aprt of our problem; we're having a hard time keeping lines up.
[20:05] <Melissa> Ah ::nods::
[20:05] <Gabriel> Mechanical issues? Or your raw materials process?
[20:06] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::Glances serriptitiously back at the CID official, who's watching like a miserly accountant from behind his desk:: We're still unused to the new plans that the NEC Colonial Board have supplied us with, and we're having a harder time trying to engineer a solution without breaking the bank.
[20:07] <Gabriel> ::judges Saske's feelings for the CID person::
[20:07] <Melissa> ::adjusts her cap slightly while looking at the functioning lines and the non-functioning lines:: Hmm
[20:08] <Dimitri> ::Nods listening intently.:: The design's they've provided aren't really tailored for these lines I imagine then.
[20:09] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> We manufacture from raw material processes. We've got an excellent team of metallurgists that really are cutting edge.. but yes, as Ms Orwend says, the newer CEF designs are troublesome.
[20:10] <Birkin> ::peers at some of the molds coming up, hoping to see something he recognized::
[20:10] <Gabriel> The designs for what they've contracted you to make?
[20:11] <Dimitri> ::Eyes the lines for a few moments. :: Well depending specifically on the designs, I'm pretty sure we could adjust these lines to work a bit better with those CEF designs. However by doing so, if you wanted to resume production of a different type, there would be the cost of returning the lines back to their original function, but I think we could do it without too much trouble, or cost.
[20:11] <Gabriel> ::puts the slightest edge on "they"::
[20:11] <Craig> ::takes a look at one of the lines from where he's standing::
[20:13] <Savant> Birkin notes that the line directly in front of the group is producing APGLs, the sort found on top of Mounts.
[20:14] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::nods:: That's right. ::a pause:: Let's go walk the lines, what do you say?
[20:14] <Melissa> ::nods:: Let's
[20:14] <Dimitri> ::Gives her a small nod::
[20:14] <Craig> ::looks back a hadren:: lead the way
[20:14] <Gabriel> ::nods and follows::
[20:16] <Savant> The group descends the stairs - a station at the bottom has safety glasses and helmets that look strangely rennaisance. Saske shoots the CID officer one last withering glance before trailing behind the group.
[20:16] <Birkin> Sure. ::looks at the other lines to each side of him::
[20:17] <Gabriel> Forgive my ignorance, but your company history doesn't specify that I know of. Before you received the CEF contracts, what did you specialize at this site?
[20:17] <Dimitri> ::Eyes each line as they pass with a professional eye. Making a 'hrm" each time something seems out of place, or improperly maintained. He also gives a bit more of a glance towards the products of those lines::
[20:18] <Melissa> ::looks at the lines for ways to actually improve the efficiency of them::
[20:18] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::gestures at the line to his left:: Mount accessories, and a small but healthy line of vehicular weapons. Machineguns, rockets, that sort of thing. ::grins as he walks off in between the lines, where the sound of the working machinery envelops you all::
[20:19] <Gabriel> ::nods:: So it's not a major change in products, just more complex products.
[20:20] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> That's right.
[20:20] <Birkin> ::stares at the exchange of people ahead of him, as if he was trying to feign interest::
[20:21] <Gabriel> Presumably combined with a... ahhh... timeline issue, I assume?
[20:22] <Gabriel> ::glances at the closest CID officer, then away::
[20:22] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::glances back at where the CID desk was, now out of sight - then rolls his eyes expressively:: Always. You have no idea.
[20:23] <Melissa> ::makes note of the large vat at the end, but continues to look at the lines::
[20:23] <Craig> ::looks around the workfloor getting a better look at the lines and what they could be intended for::
[20:23] <Dimitri> ::Begins to eye the rest of the lines, taking note of anything that might perk his interest otherwise::
[20:24] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::stops beside a particularily noisy machine, a screaming metal saw. It's enclosed but the noise is horrid.::
[20:25] <Gabriel> Oh, I can imagine. I read the news.
[20:25] <Birkin> ::puts his safety gear on, moving out into the machine::
[20:26] <Savant> The group is a good distance form the desk - there isnt' anyone else in sight, only rotoring mechanical arms, spinning saws, the whiff of noxious fumes and the heat of hot metal
[20:26] <Dimitri> ::Glances around for some safety equipment.::
[20:26] <Gabriel> You know... it looks like your major problem here isn't process. You say that your raw material feed is good, and your mechanicals seem to be working properly from what I can see. I actually wish I could see more process problems here. ::chuckles weakly::
[20:26] <Melissa> ::adjusts the goggles and helmet, looking around::
[20:27] <Gabriel> Seems like what you most need is someone who is a born autofac artist.
[20:27] <Dimitri> ::Dons some of the provided safety equipment, as he glances at some of the more noisey machinery.::
[20:28] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::nods:: The colonial lines are down right now, and it's been hurting our contracts. ::he shrugged noncommitally:: They aren't thinking of moving their business yet, not by a long shot, but it's aggrivating them. Earthers with suntans are a strange thing to see around here!
[20:28] <Craig> ::nods to gabriel:: i wouldn't mind taking a better look at the line itself as well, sounds like something up my alley
[20:29] <Birkin> ::frowns as he looks farther down:: Interesting ::motioning down at the line down:: I havent seen or worked on anything like that before.
[20:29] <Dimitri> ::Glances in the direction Birkin is motioning towards::
[20:30] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::Glances at Craig, then nods:: Come with me. ::And leads Craig to the damaged line::
[20:31] <Craig> ::is a bit suprised by the request but nods and follows::
[20:31] <Dimitri> ::falls into step behind Craig to examine this line as well. :: I wouldn't mind taking a look myself
[20:32] <Melissa> ::busies herself by looking at the machine they are currently at, studying the details::
[20:32] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::nods at those who want to head off to look at the damaged line:: Later one we can talk with the design teams; I'd like to see whether you'll be at all good working with them. All of you would have to, rather closely. The lines are under constant revision.
[20:33] <Gabriel> ::waits wehre he can keep watch, then says to Hadren:: Now, there I might be able to help you. Tracking changes to the lines and keeping a close watch on what changes cause problems.
[20:36] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> That's what we're most interested in. The domestic lines are fine, for the most part, but the new lines are the issues, as you can see ::gestures:: do you think you'd be able to keep a step ahead of the NEC colonial board and their requests?
[20:37] <Birkin> ::looks where Hadren is gesturing, keeping his interest on the lines themselves::
[20:38] <Savant> Saske leads the others to one of the damaged lines. It doesnt' seem to have any actual problems with it, but the line isn't running.
[20:38] <Melissa> ::makes her way to the damaged lines::
[20:38] <Gabriel> A step ahead? ::grins:: Nobody knows what the Earthers are gonna do from one day-- ::stops himself suddenly and blushes (tries to blush)::
[20:39] <Dimitri> ::Eyes the lines themselves. Trying to discern the issue. ::
[20:39] <Gabriel> ::coughs, then laughs a bit:: What I mean to say is, I think I could keep up with them.
[20:39] <Craig> ::comes up to the damaged line and gives saske an inquisitive look::you're going to let us look at it now? before we've been hired?
[20:40] <Gabriel> ::puts a little bit of an edge in the statement, making it clear who's smarter, himself or the Earthers::
[20:41] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::smirks, an affable gesture:: Don't worry about it. They can barely hear us out there anyways. ::grins a sly grin::
[20:42] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Sorry about that. ::still smiles a little weakly:: Then I take it you're having some problems... ::thinks of a diplomatic way to put it:: ...some problems helping to set the expectations of your customer?
[20:42] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::shrugs:: You need to see what you'd be working on. Beside, you're under contract to not divulge anything you see here. ::points at the sign by the entry door::
[20:43] <Craig> ::nods at the logical answer and kneels closer to the line and starts poking around::
[20:44] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> You could say that, yes. They want far, far more than is reasonable, and the stresses on our process tend to do this ::Gestures:: And you know what? That's understandable. Frankly, I want a good process man to put together reasons why their projections won't work more than anything.
[20:46] <Birkin> ::seems to be much too into the autofacs, looking at all the new and interesting things being manufactured there::
[20:46] <Gabriel> Hm. Would you mind if I looked over the projections? I'd be happy to sign an NDA.
[20:47] <Dimitri> ::Glances back towards Hadren :: Well this is your problem. What sort of product are you using to maintain this equipment? It looks rather substandard, especially considering the specialized nature of these lines.
[20:47] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::purses his lips, then pulls out a PDA and begins to work on it - then hands it over to Gabriel. The first page is that mentioned NDA, and the second are efficiency reports and the like::
[20:47] <Craig> ::stands frowning a bit:: nothing wrong on the electronic side ::glances at dimitri::
[20:48] <Gabriel> ::links his rig to the NDA, signing it, then brings up the projections::
[20:49] <Dimitri> <<Retcon I'll speak to whoever is closet to Craig and myself>>
[20:49] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::frowns a little bit:: We've been forced to these measures; the CEF materials have certain requirements. We've got to make do with this.
[20:52] <Gabriel> Hrm. Looks like your main problem is weight... I'm not an expert, but if I'm reading this right, the low weight requirements are causing you to cut reinforcing and structural strength, and that's causing a lot of materials stress. Are they serious about this weight? What are these things going on? Bicycles?
[20:53] <Craig> ::looks to where dimitri is pointing and nods::ahh i see, can't use the same stuff as the other lines? sounds absurd
[20:54] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> A Utopian weapon system, if you can believe it. We had them in the offices about a year ago, when we got this contract.
[20:55] <Dimitri> ::Gives Saske a slow nod:: Ah... I see. ::Although it was fairly obvious, and he didn't try hide it. That he knew that waesn't the case.::
[20:56] <Gabriel> ::looks around:: You had them here? ::is obviously trying to picture a mount coming onto the factory floor::
[20:56] <Savant> Saske Orwend> It's more than a little absurd, but it's what we have to use. ::shrugs::
[20:56] <Birkin> ::hears that part, giving the man a look for a moment before shaking his head, and going back to look at the major lines nearby, trying to see if there is anymore of this utopian tech here::
[20:57] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> The Utopians? yes. Their weapon systems, no. We got a brevis spec of them, though; enough to do the job. Ridiculous wattage delivery for such a small machine.
[20:58] <Gabriel> ::hands the PDA back:: Then my first process suggestion is an addition to your help wanteds: you need a materials engineer, and a good one. Someone who knows alloys, backwards and forwards. I've spent some time out on the Highlands. I know a Liberati guy who might be able to help.
[20:58] <Gabriel> He's done a lot of work with composites, too. Really exotic ones. Haven't a clue where he gets them.
[20:59] <Gabriel> Maybe you could retrofit some of that into the design, cut the weight of non-key components that way, and add the weight savings you gain where you really need it.
[20:59] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Really. I've been trying to convince the higher ups to let me hire a materials person for awhile now, but it's like getting water form a rock. Do you have his card?
[21:01] <Gabriel> A Liberati with a card? ::grins:: But don't worry, he's not a total savage. Just a little rough. I'll put him in touch with you.
[21:02] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Please. ::Looks up as a yellow light comes on overhead - several, in fact:: The lines are about to come down for maintenance. Let's clear out before the teams show up.
[21:04] <Craig> ::looks at the lights then nods to saske::theses lines here will probably require more frequent maintenance routines to keep them running
[21:04] <Gabriel> ::nods and prepares to follow::
[21:04] <Melissa> ::gathers herself up and follows::
[21:05] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::waves a hand and gestures for everyone to clear out back to the CID station::
[21:05] <Dimitri> ::glances around and then steps up to make his way with the rest of the group::
[21:06] <Craig> ::starts walking back to the station::
[21:07] <Savant> The CID officer glowers like a shrunken little badger form behind his desk; beady eyes and everything. But the group of you pass without incident back into the elevator.
[21:08] <Birkin> ::moves back with everyone else, putting the safety gear back as he passed that station::
[21:09] <Craig> ::takes off the helmet and glasses and puts them back where he took them from before entering the elevator::
[21:09] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::once in the elevator:: That went well. I'd like to conduct a second interview, with everyone together. What do you say to a little Atlantean fare? I know a great place uptown that I like to use for interviews.
[21:11] <Gabriel> Huh, interesting! Can't say I've ever eaten Atlantean food.
[21:11] <Craig> ::glances at hadren:: sounds good, haven't tried any atlantean cuisine myself yet
[21:11] <Dimitri> Sounds wonderful!
[21:11] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Oh, it's imitation of course. That gate's not exactly open yet, now is it? All in time ::grins:: How is tomorrow at twenty?
[21:12] <Melissa> Sounds like a plan ::smiles::
[21:12] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Indeed.
[21:12] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:12] <Savant> back to main for closing please
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:30] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Close to Home in Session'
[18:30] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] * Brad is now known as Mem
[18:30] <Delgado> ::attn::
[18:30] <Detro> ::puking in the gutter::
[18:30] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:30] <Dimitri> ::Attn::
[18:30] <Karas> ::finishes beer::
[18:31] <Savant> guten abend. Welcome yet again to another exciting episode of the Black Talons
[18:32] <Savant> any news to share before I brief you? Dave will be a little late, and it seems that we're missing yet more.
[18:32] <Savant> do we want to give them a few minutes perhaps?
[18:32] <Gabriel> Probably a good idea.
[18:32] <Dimitri> i don't mind
[18:33] <Savant> let's do that. four missing, four minutes.
[18:33] <Delgado> Word.
[18:33] * Scotty has joined #BT05
[18:33] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Scotty
[18:33] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[18:33] <Savant> meanwhile, does everyone know what Detro found out during the week?
[18:33] <Savant> hey, a Craig.
[18:33] <Karas> Its in the forums. I went over it, just not sure where we should apply it yet.
[18:34] <Craig> yes a me:)
[18:34] <Delgado> Issa'me. Mario.
[18:37] <Savant> let's brief it on up.
[18:37] <Savant> Close to Home
[18:37] <Savant> 24 June 275LC, 1930h - Evening - (4S TN1945)
[18:37] <Savant> "Pelagia Tel", Gallot Hub, Gomorrah
[18:37] <Savant> 21 degrees Celcius, 7% humidity, 102 millibars atmospheric pressure
[18:37] <Savant> Even play is work in Gomorrah. After a successful "interview" at Mariss Milspec, those Talons on infiltration team "one" have been invited to a business dinner by Hadrenn Guilles and Saske Orwend at a classy restaurant in Gallot Hub - an Atlantean themed place called Pelagia Tel.
[18:37] <Savant> After a little investigating on Detro's behalf, and a little help from one of Karas's friends, the Talons have determined that the restaurant is owned by a Muttawah, and that the security systems in the place are completely disconnected from the Gomorrah information network.
[18:37] <Savant> Team One has been invited for dinner, and Team Two is going along as cover - Karas's friend, Jaceksen Stihl, has made reservatios for another dinner party at the same time.
[18:37] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:37] <Detro> ack
[18:37] <Mem> ack
[18:37] <Gabriel> ack
[18:37] <Savant> A day has passed, you will note. You're also in Gallot Hub, which is a very high class area. Does anyone want to spend an hour or two shopping for clothing or other accoutrements to help you fit in?
[18:37] <Delgado> ack
[18:38] <Detro> I'd like to, if I can avoid bleeding all over my nice new clothes. Wink
[18:38] <Savant> also, if you have questions, now is the time to ask.
[18:38] <Gabriel> Yeah, it'd probably be a good idea. Gabriel will also check out the place the night before, see what the dress code is.
[18:38] <Delgado> Yeah, I'll need more than just Lib clothes.
[18:38] <Savant> Detro, you won't be bleeding, but you will be bandaged up. Nice, thin, form fitting second skin type bandages.
[18:39] <Savant> let's organize this, then
[18:39] <Delgado> Tegaderm your butt up.
[18:39] <Dimitri> ack
[18:39] <Craig> i'm sure delgado would have enjoyed applying it too
[18:39] <Savant> i want everyone to make a post in the "post your finances here" thread of the forum with how much you'd like to spend.
[18:40] <Detro> ::coughs::
[18:40] <Karas> How much is a meal?
[18:40] <Gabriel> ::points at the dress code question:: Wink
[18:40] <Savant> in your "post your equipment here" thread, put a line in saying "nice Gomorran clothing -" and the amount of money you spent on it
[18:40] <Savant> Karas, up to you. Minimum for this place will probably be $30
[18:40] <Delgado> ::blinks::
[18:40] <Karas> Hehheh...I gots the clothes already.
[18:41] <Mem> How are our finances distributed, anyway?
[18:41] <Savant> Gabriel, they're pretty relaxed about dress code, but it's all nice stuff. Not formalwear, but formalwear is appreciated.
[18:41] <Savant> yeah, you're fine Karas.
[18:41] <Craig> we each got 500 pounds brad
[18:41] <Gabriel> ::nods:: How much does "Bond, James Bond" cost? Wink
[18:41] <Mem> That's it?
[18:41] <Gabriel> And there's additional money available from the bribe fund, if needed.
[18:41] <Delgado> Oh, I gots money?
[18:41] <Dimitri> I'll probably put 300 into my attire
[18:41] <Savant> heh. Anywhere from 200$P to 1000$P for James Bomd Wink
[18:42] <Savant> Bond. Sheesh
[18:42] <Mem> Mem's got Wealth 3. He's gotta have more than 500. Wink
[18:42] <Savant> oh, yes, and *nice* swords, armour, etc, are permitted.
[18:42] <Detro> How much is clothing?
[18:42] <Savant> Mem, that's on Terra Nova Wink
[18:42] <Mem> Yes, but it's a lifestyle too Wink
[18:42] <Delgado> So hot mama is gunna be expensive as hell, eh? Wink
[18:42] <Savant> Detro, howevermuch you want to spend. At least $50 though
[18:42] <Craig> well when we first got those implant thingies we were given 500
[18:42] <Savant> Delgado, rather, yes Wink
[18:42] <Savant> you guys need to hit the stock markets and make some quick cash or something Wink
[18:42] <Dimitri> Not really, Del, just got with skimpy Wink
[18:43] <Gabriel> Who needs additional money?
[18:43] <Delgado> Do sexual favors count as currency? Wink
[18:43] <Savant> One interesting point about Gomorrah - Skimpy is rarely considered attractive when it comes to clothing. The closest thing they have to skimpy is a full body suit of transluicent, colour changing gell-filled material
[18:43] <Detro> You want me to pay you for putting all those bandages on me?!?
[18:44] <Karas> Weapons permitted for Corp-Serf Colin? Not the peacemaker, but a standard issue 6mm Holdout?
[18:44] <Savant> and sure, if you find the right stores, Delgado Wink
[18:44] * Delgado grins
[18:44] <Delgado> See, don't tell me that 'cause I'll do it.
[18:44] <Savant> Karas, you aren't in your turf, so legally, no. However, this place seems to be friendly, so you might get away with it.
[18:44] <Gabriel> Nobody needs additional money?
[18:44] <Savant> Baldren will *cough cough* get you something nice, if you want.
[18:44] <Karas> Gabriel? Should I push it?
[18:45] <Karas> Heheh...go Baldy
[18:45] <Gabriel> Nah, I wouldn't. 300 sounds about right. Gabriel's doing that, too.
[18:45] <Detro> $75 worth of clothing. I shop Smart. I shop TrenchMart.
[18:45] <Savant> ok.
[18:46] <Craig> i believe Craig will spend about 100$P on clothes, and....i think i'll get a cellphone like the ones detro got before, as well as a PDA
[18:46] <Savant> okay, Craig. Put down another 75$P for the other bits
[18:46] <Delgado> Ok, $100 sound good for clothes?
[18:47] <Savant> $100 is good, but it's not knockout
[18:47] <Detro> ...geez, minimum 50 and I thought *I spent too much
[18:48] <Delgado> Well, I don't have to be knockout. Just nice. Appropriate.
[18:48] <Savant> that works well then
[18:48] <Craig> well if 200-1000$P is rougly James Bond type, i imagine 50$P is Austin Powers so i figure 100$P would be a good middle ground:)
[18:48] <Delgado> Unless someone wants me as a knockout. Seduce the business people or something. Wink
[18:49] <Savant> everyone done that?
[18:49] <Detro> ayup
[18:49] <Mem> Hm?
[18:49] <Savant> 50$P is discount bin fashion
[18:50] <Karas> Winners
[18:50] <Savant> make sure the cost of your clothing is included in your description of it in the equipment page
[18:50] <Detro> ayup
[18:51] <Craig> i'm done
[18:51] <Savant> okay. any questions?
[18:52] <Savant> We'll begin with team one heading in, yes?
[18:52] <Karas> Whats for dinner?
[18:52] <Savant> fish.
[18:52] <Gabriel> LOL
[18:52] <Karas> Lol...must be an awesome menu.
[18:52] * Delgado snickers
[18:52] <Detro> T2> ::standing by::
[18:52] <Gabriel> Sorry, don't mean to laugh. But it's just amusing: a food that few Terranovans eat on a planet with no open water.
[18:53] <Savant> oh, yes, and i would like the teams to continue using 1> and 2> so that conversations aren't confused, even though you'll be in the same room.
[18:53] <Savant> yeah, i know Wink it's awesome
[18:53] <Detro> T2> I said much the same thing Ross. Colin has it completely justified Wink
[18:53] <Karas> T2> ::beside Detro::
[18:53] <Gabriel> Oh, I'm sure it is. Doesn't make it less funny. Wink
[18:53] <Mem> There's open water. Just not much. Wink
[18:53] <Gabriel> Oh! One more question.
[18:53] <Savant> question me.
[18:53] <Gabriel> Swords fairly common in here? Or at least, not unheard of?
[18:54] <Craig> hadren's probably bringing his
[18:54] <Savant> nice swords, armour, etc are looked favourably upon. this place is hip to the fashion scene
[18:55] <Gabriel> Gabriel will bring his sword, but not the cuirass, I think.
[18:55] <Savant> okay. Team one is showing up with the two Mariss Milspec execs. Team two is showing up with Karas's contact.
[18:55] <Savant> okay.
[18:55] <Savant> gaah. thirty seconds.
[18:57] <Savant> back
[18:57] <Savant> shall we, then?
[18:57] <Gabriel> Sure.
[18:58] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:58] <Savant> Pelagia Tel is a posh restaurant - large, spacious, and lit with a warm firelight from two fireplaces. The interior is made up of smooth wood (or false wood) polished to a high shine, with brass and bright fittings. Two large tanks of water, massive glass monoliths, dominate the room - inside octopi and bright angelfish and long, coiling eels float along lazily.
[18:58] * Prescot has joined #BT05
[18:58] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
[18:59] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[18:59] <Gabriel> ::looks around, chuckling a bit and wondering to himself if he'll ever be able to bring his wife here::
[18:59] <Savant> Team Two is waiting for their contact, Jaceksen Stihl, to arrive - and also waiting for Team One to get settled in.
[18:59] <Mem> T2> ::stands outside the restaurant, soaking it in:: My kind of place.
[19:00] <Detro> T2> ::has his eyes closed, leaning against the wall next to Mem, trying to ignore the pain of re-opened wounds... at this point he'd kill for a bed and 24 hours leave::
[19:00] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::gestures everyone inside:: Come on in. We've got reservations.
[19:00] <Dimitri> T1> ::Glances around, hands resting comfortably on the edges of his suit's front opening, then follows Hadren in.::
[19:00] <Karas> T2> ::looks around expectantly for Jacek a good friend and trusted ally, Karas always enjoyed his company::
[19:00] <Gabriel> T1> Thank you. This is really something. I've never been in here.
[19:00] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> We're in the back room. ::glances around until one of the servers notices all of you entering into the front area::
[19:01] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::Nods and grins at the Talons:: You should like it. Great food, and a very unique atmosphere.
[19:01] <Craig> T1>::walks into the restaurant looking around focusing more on the aquariums::i wonder where they brought those from
[19:01] <Savant> Server> ::Heads up to Hadren and Saske, and Saske passes on a few words.::
[19:02] <Savant> Tables are cast about in a regular pattern, draped with white tablecloths and adorned with crystal and china and silver - likely real silver, by the look of it. But you don't stop here, instead continue on to a room beyond the main dining area. An arched doorframe capped with a brass anchor decoration leads you into the back.
[19:02] <Gabriel> T1> ::nods, getting a close look at one of the tanks:: You can say that again.
[19:02] <Savant> Server> Come with me, please.
[19:02] <Delgado> T2> ::stands with the group, waiting patiently::
[19:03] <Savant> Meanwhile, outside, a pair of men in long greatcoats and shades walk down the suspended street, making eye contact with Karas after they pick him from the crowd.
[19:03] <Gabriel> T1> ::moves away from the tank and follows Hadren::
[19:04] <Savant> The back room seems to be a smaller version of the first, but somehow more lavish. It's closer, smaller - a conference room more than likely, but at the moment there are several tables here, only two occupied by quiet couples. Their faces are somewhat hidden by the wan chandelier light and the dancing gold light of a single fire at the head of the room.
[19:04] <Karas> T2> ::Karas spys the two and holding his arm out:: Shall we go m'lady?
[19:04] <Karas> T2>::to Delgado::
[19:04] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::Strides intot he back room, not looking aorund - he's been here before, and it's no longer so fascinating::
[19:04] <Detro> T2> ::to Mem, eyes still closed:: Anything?
[19:04] <Savant> The walls of the room are made of tall glass interspersed with a delicate lattice, like a many-paned window. Behind it, more fish swim in a seascape much like that outside, but are backlit by video monitors that make the water seem to scroll out to the distant blue haze.
[19:05] <Gabriel> T1> ::follows Hadren in, again having a look at the tank, a little fascinated despite himself::
[19:05] <Mem> T2> Not yet.
[19:05] <Savant> Outside, the two men - one's blond, the other has brown hair; both of them look like successful businessmen by their stance and haircuts. Each of them is towing along a young girl, one of which carries a violin case. Two single fathers on a stroll, they seem to be. But they stop by Karas.
[19:06] <Delgado> T2> Of course. ::takes Karas' arm and smiles, but her eyes flash at him briefly with a "Don't try anything" look::
[19:06] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::guides everyone into the room, herself the last one in.::
[19:06] <Karas> [19:04] <Karas> T2> ::Karas spys the two and holding his arm out:: Shall we go m'lady?
[19:06] <Karas> [19:04] <Karas> T2>::to Delgado::
[19:07] <Savant> Server> T1> ::Gestures to a large oblong table:: The usual table, Mr Guilles. What can I bring you to drink?
[19:07] <Birkin> T1> ::looks at the tank for a moment:: Damn..
[19:07] <Savant> Team One, your server is a young woman in formal wear. It's vaguely medieval, though it certainly looks good on her - the bright blue that the restaurant requires her to wear is very flattering to her blonde hair, and the cut of the garment is both modest and appealing at the same time. Good tailor. More that that as well, you're sure.
[19:09] <Gabriel> T1> ::waits for Hadren to order::
[19:09] <Craig> ::follows hadren to the back room::
[19:09] <Detro> T2> ::wince as he shifts position slightly, feeling the wounds::
[19:09] <Karas> T2> ::Karas guides the group to the two men:: Appreciate Well Jacek, its been a while since we have been together like this...::Karas kneels down beside Jacek facing the little girl:: And how are you Aleksis?
[19:09] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::shrugs off his coat and sits:: Some water for everyone, and bring a bottle of the 67 up, if you would, dear.
[19:10] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> ::Shakes Karas's hand:: It's been too long.
[19:10] * LrdVampyre has joined #BT05
[19:10] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[19:10] <Gabriel> T1> ::detaches the katana and scabbard from the weapon belt, setting it nearby and has a set across from Hadren::
[19:10] <Savant> Aleksis> ::smiles shyly at Karas, but doesnt' say anything::
[19:11] <Mem> T2> ::stands up and looks over at Karas and his contact::
[19:11] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> Everything tonight is on the Mariss expense account, so order what you like. Mariss is good to her employees, and good to her prospects.
[19:11] <Delgado> T2> ::relaxes at the man and the little girl once they're identified. She looks at the girl and smiles warmly at her, giving her a wink:: Hello.
[19:11] <Detro> T2> ::the pain is not there, he thinks to himself. I choose to ignore it. And after a bit, he finally opens his eyes again as he hears Mem get up::
[19:12] <Karas> T2> Shall we take this inside everyone?
[19:12] <Detro> T2> ::gently pushes himself off the way, standing next to Mem::
[19:12] <Dimitri> T1>::Smiles at Hadren:: Well, what would you recommend?
[19:13] <Savant> The two men and their young girls (who seem to be no older than ten) seem comfortable in this high class sort of an area - and this area certainly is high class. Everyone's wearing some sort of extravagant display of wealth here. The air smells clean, too.
[19:14] <Birkin> ::looks over the menu::
[19:14] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> Of course. ::Heads into the restaurant:: These must be the friends you've told me so much about.
[19:14] <Gabriel> T1> ::smiles:: You're certainly demonstrating that. ::sits and glances at the place setting, then picks up one fork and knife and sets it in front of his plate::
[19:15] <Mem> T2> ::casts an awkward glance at the two girls, wondering why the anklebiters were there, too, but says nothing, following::
[19:15] <Gabriel> T1> ::picks up the menu and has a look at it::
[19:15] <Savant> Saske Orwend> ::supplies, out of nowhere:: Try the tuna neptune. It's good, here.
[19:16] <Karas> T2> They are ::gestures to the group one by one and introduces them by their cover names::
[19:16] <Gabriel> T1> ::scans the menu for tuna::
[19:16] <Savant> Gabriel's caught onto something that the rest of you now catch on. There are several forks and knives in front of each plate. Bakc on Terra Nova, you'd never get more than one - maybe a separate dessert fork if you were *really* pretentious.
[19:17] <Detro> T2> ::nods as he is introduced::
[19:17] <Savant> Server> ::waits beside Group Two as they talk to one another and pass around introductions. When that's done, he gestures everyone inside and to the back conference room.::
[19:17] <Mem> T2> ::offers a courteous smile when introduced, then looks around the inside of the restaurant::
[19:18] <Dimitri> T1> ::Scratches at his chin.. :: Yes, I'll try the Neptune Tuna please.
[19:19] <Delgado> T2> ::still holding onto Karas' arm, she now digs her fingers into it as they walk in, her eyes darting between the two tanks::
[19:19] <Craig> ::takes a seat next to melissa and picks up the menu::hmm Tuna, Salmon, Lobster, Crab, Shrimp platter...::looks up at the waitress:: i'll try this lobster dish ::points it out to her:: please
[19:19] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> It's nice to meet all of you. ::follows into the back conference room:: I'm Jaceksen ((he pronoucnes it yaziksen)). And this is Aleksis. She's been with us for, what is it, two years now?
[19:20] <Detro> T2> ::stays with the others, but he's rather quiet::
[19:20] <Savant> Server> T1> ::Smiles brightly at Craig and nods at him, apparently just committing it to memory::
[19:21] <Birkin> ::has himself a look at the liquor list, and the wine list::
[19:21] <Karas> T2> I believe so...she has become an incredibly talented musician in that time as well ::you detect a distinct note of pride in Karas::
[19:21] <Savant> Server> T2> ::Directs the group into the back room - you can all see the other group now - and directs you to an oblong table::
[19:21] <Karas> T2> ::notices the change in Delgado's grip as they enter...whispers too her:: You alright?
[19:22] <Gabriel> T1> Tuna for me, but let's keep it simple, I think... how about the tuna steak in olive oil and butter, with the house vegetables, please. ::closes the menu and sets it aside::
[19:22] <Mem> T2> ::grins:: Gonna hang out here more often.
[19:22] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::grins a small grin at Karas - it disappears quickly, as his face seems more suited to neutral expressions:: She's gotten good, yes. And this is my colleague from work, Raballo di Tir. And this is Chael ::gestures to the blonde haired girl with the violin case::
[19:23] <Delgado> T2> ::presses her lips together tightly as she tries to get her breathing under control. She whispers to him, but her voice is tight:: Sit away from the tanks...
[19:24] <Detro> T2> ::grins at Mem's comment::
[19:24] <Savant> Server> T1> Takes the orders and heads off, returning after a moment with a bottle of wine and a tray full of glasses filled with icewater::
[19:24] <Gabriel> T1> ::offers the sword over to Hadren:: You mentioned that you were interested in seeing it.
[19:24] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[19:24] <Karas> T2> ::Karas pats her hand in acknowledgment as they passed the tanks:: Hello nice to meet you both ::he says to the other parent and his child when they are introduced::
[19:25] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Very much! Thank you. ::Takes the sword and pops it form its sheathe - he's no swordsman, but he likes to pretend it::
[19:25] <Gabriel> T1> ::grins, a little embarrassed:: It wasn't nearly so expensive as the lessons, I'm afraid.
[19:26] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> ::Soft-spoken:: It's nice to meet you. ::pulls a chair out for his girl, then sits himself:: Chael, say hello.
[19:26] <Melissa> T1> ::looks at the menu and points to a crab dish:: I will try that on please
[19:26] <Gabriel> T1> I've been thinking about getting something else, but I've been pleased with the Serva line.
[19:27] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> Oh, you use it? ::seems impressed:: What sort of classes are they; an academy, or do you have a teacher?
[19:27] <Detro> T2> ::lets Karas take the lead on this one::
[19:27] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::rolls her eyes at the sword talk::
[19:27] <Birkin> Hmm. I'll take a ::takes a closer look:: Glenlivet? on the rocks. And the Tuna Neptune please. ::smilse at the waitress::
[19:27] <Savant> Server> T1> ::Smiles at Melissa:: Of course. Anyone else?
[19:28] <Savant> Chael> T2> ::quietly, but not nearly as shy as Aleksis:: Hello.
[19:28] <Dimitri> T1> ::Calmly flips up his datapad, seeming to check it for a few things, taps a few things and then stows it away once more.:: If I could have some Aspetha Wine please.
[19:29] <Delgado> T2> ::sits down and tries to keep her eyes away from the tanks without straight staring down at the table while keeping a light smile on her face::
[19:29] <Savant> After sitting for a few minutes, you all come to realize that there's no music playing, as there would be in most restaurants. Instead, there's the soft rush of the ocean against a well-caulked hull and the whisper of a breeze, and the distant cry of sea birds.
[19:29] <Karas> ::pulls out the chair for Delgado, catches her eye and nods slightly::
[19:29] <Gabriel> T1> I started with these silly little trideo lessons, but then I started working with a teacher. Tetsuo, his name is. He's taught me a lot.
[19:30] <Mem> T2> ::takes a seat across from Delgado and waits to see what was on the menu::
[19:30] <Savant> Server> T1> ::nods at Dimitri:: Excellent choice.
[19:31] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::nods:: An actual teacher is the only way to go, I hear. The classes don't give you any real skill - it's just choreography.
[19:32] <Savant> Server> T2> ::gently interjects:: Can I interest anyone in a drink? ::As he's setting out menus::
[19:32] <Delgado> T2> ::shifts in her chair then picks up her menu after seeing Mem pick up his, suddenly becoming very, very interested in it::
[19:32] <Dimitri> T1> I do recommend an actual teacher. They make all the difference. I learned as I learned more about martial arts.
[19:32] <Detro> T2> ::looking around:: Interesting decor... ::takes the menu:: Just water for me, thanks.
[19:33] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::unabashedly:: I want chocola- ::pauses as she catches Jaceksen's glance, and she becomes more polite:: Chocolate milk, please.
[19:33] <Karas> T2> I'll have a Scotch whiskey sour please...
[19:33] <Gabriel> T1> Yes, that's what I've found. ::grins:: I'm actually getting pretty good, or so they tell me. And it's great exercise, of course.
[19:34] <Karas> T2> But could I have that with Cayonn Gold...please.
[19:34] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::clears her throat:: Have any of you put any thought into the positions we have available, after seeing our operation?
[19:35] <Savant> Server> T2> ::nods, copying everything down into a PDA::
[19:35] <Mem> T2> ::glances at the server:: What do you have for white wines?
[19:35] <Mem> T2> Anything?
[19:35] <Delgado> T2> ::continues to stare at her menu:: Nothing for me, thank you.
[19:36] <Savant> Server> T2> Cayonn White, Vercingetorix, Champa, and I believe we have a little Sydney left, sir.
[19:36] <Dimitri> T1> ::turns to face Saske. :: Well, naturally. I'm still very interested in the position.
[19:36] <Mem> T2> Sounds popular. I'll have a glass of Sydney, then, and water.
[19:36] <Craig> ::looks across to saske::i'm still very much interested in those colonial contracts. the potential for going to the colonies themselves being a strong factor of course ::grins::
[19:37] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::Seems relieved to be able to talk about something other than swords:: What about the colonial contracts do you like?
[19:38] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::smirks:: Are you in a league? You strike me as the sort of guy who would be in a league.
[19:38] <Detro> T2> ::waits for the ordering to finish ,which is when business will likely begin::
[19:38] <Melissa> ::sits quietly, listening to the conversation at the table::
[19:39] <Savant> Server> T2> ::nods and writes that down:: Rare import, that one. Not much left, until the gate opens up again.
[19:39] <Gabriel> T1> ::glances at Saske, not wanting to offend her, and puts the sword away:: Oh, no, no. I'm not nearly that practiced. It's fun and it's good exercise, but I save my competitive instincts for other things. ::chuckles::
[19:40] <Mem> T2> ::nods:: Can't wait, then. ::smiles::
[19:40] <Savant> Ordering finishes, and the servers head off to leave the two groups alone and do their work with other clients.
[19:41] <Detro> T2> ::arches eyebrow... must be a Utopian wine, given that was the only gate the Talons knew of that was truly "closed"::
[19:41] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> We've got a team at Mariss. You'd be welcome if you wanted to blow off some steam after-hours. We're competitive with the whole Hakkar circuit.
[19:41] <Gabriel> T1> Oh, that's interesting! Is it competition within Hakkar? Or is it against other companies? I'm afraid I don't quite understand the relationship between Mariss and Hakkar.
[19:42] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::smiles a thin, brief smile at Karas, briefly glancing the rest of the group over at the same time:: Did you meet everyone here from another case of yours?
[19:43] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::a pause:: We're a subsidiary, and the circuit's with the rest of the subs. We aren't too bad either. We were in the Iron Horse tourney last year, did well.
[19:43] <Karas> T2> Not exactly we met during some of my etra-curricular activities ::Karas still not sure how to handle Jacek's cohort, remains somewhat cryptic::
[19:44] <Craig> ::thinks a moment:: well utopia is very intriguing, i've heard rumors of contact with atlantis so there's certainly possibility there if it's true, ::chuckles:: i guess i'm kinda like Mr Guilles when it comes to the colonies
[19:44] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::grins wider:: I see. Was it down in alpha? ::glances at everyone again:: No, couldn't be.
[19:45] <Delgado> T2> ::realizes than even a blind person wouldn't spend this much time staring at the menu, so she sets it down and starts arranging her silverware, acting like she was picky about how they looked and if they were clean::
[19:46] <Detro> T2> ::can't help but grin a bit. Both sides were clearly feeling each other out, learning what they could about each other first before they would trust each other::
[19:46] <Mem> T2> ::smirks at Stihl, then glances at Delgado::
[19:46] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> Mh. Yes. Well, don't get too wound up in those ideas; it's no adventure. It's a lot of hard work, and you have to be ready to do it.
[19:46] <Gabriel> T1> ::nods:: I understand the subsidiary relationship, of course, but how tight is the relationship? I take it they don't provide personnel or funds for fulfilling Mariss contracts. How independent do they allow you to be?
[19:47] <Birkin> T1> ::nods as everyone interjects: New experiances normally mean there's room for growth somewhere in the line. A place I'd like to fill... You mentioned training to me, and I only have hand on experiance with the equipment. Would Mariss be willing to help finance some technical work that I might take while working for them? Something to help give me do my job better, and become a better asset.
[19:47] <Detro> T2> ::glances over at Itz... she seems quite uncomfortable. Understandable, for a Badlander in a fancy dining experience like this...::
[19:47] <Karas> T2> ::Karas trusting Jacek implicitly decides to take the first step:: They ran into a little trouble coming into Gomorrah, lucky for them I picked them up first. The rest is history.
[19:48] <Detro> T2> <DOH! -Itz +Delgado>
[19:48] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> ::Hadren leans back and picks up the bottle of wine, starting to fill glasses for everyone:: Oh, we're fairly free to do what we please. Hakkar recognizes a good system when it sees it, and has left us alone. We're almost one of the Big Twenty, you know.
[19:49] <Detro> T2> ::shoots Delgado a look that asks "You okay?"::
[19:49] <Melissa> ::watches the wine get poured, realizing how awkward she suddenly felt here::
[19:49] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::waves a hand dismissively:: Mariss will pay your way through Hakkar U so long as you agree to sign on for a set term. It'll all be paid for. As my colleague said, we treat our employees well.
[19:50] <Gabriel> T1> That's good, because I imagine the contract you have right now is a pretty good deal. Tell me: you mentioned a colonial division? Is there anything going on in that division yet? Or just preparing for the future?
[19:50] <Craig> ::nods to saske:: oh i understand it won't be a free ride, but it would still be an experience
[19:50] <Delgado> T2> ::glances at Detro then flicks her gaze to the tanks briefly before going back to polishing her dinner knife with her napkin::
[19:50] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::nods as KAras mentions that the group with them was in fact from outside Gomorrah - he isn't fased::
[19:51] <Detro> T2> ::follows her gaze... and... oh. He can't help but smile just a wee bit. After all, it's not like anyone expected to come face to face with a huge tank of water on a planet like this...::
[19:51] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> I see. ::smiles briefly at the group:: We're glad you could make it.
[19:52] <Karas> T2> ::visibly relaxes...turning to Detro he catches his and Mem's gaze and gives a nod::
[19:52] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::Sets glasses in front of everyone:: It's warming up more every day. There's a big order for - get this - submersible weapon systems. Thousands.
[19:53] <Gabriel> T1> ::grins crookedly:: Not a lot of call for that locally, that's for sure.
[19:53] <Gabriel> T1> Same kind of deadlines and requirements?
[19:53] <Mem> T2> ::nods at Stihl:: Thank you.
[19:54] <Melissa> T1>::raises an eyebrow at the sumbersible weapon comment:: Interesting
[19:54] <Dimitri> T1> ::leans in to take a sip of his wine.:: Submersible weapons? Well.. thats.. different. Seems kind of strange dosen't it?
[19:54] <Birkin> Submersible weapon systems? Wow.
[19:54] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> They've asked for it hot off the lines, ay-sap. But that's our problem - we can't keep the lines up. The submersible retrofits are taking forever on the design board, too. What was that order again?
[19:55] <Detro> T2> Well, to be frank, some of us made it. We lost a few along the way. Kind of wondering how they're faring.
[19:55] <Gabriel> T1> ::glances from Hadren to Saske, assuming that question was for her::
[19:55] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> Fifteen hundred man-portable torpedo launchers, twenty thousand submersible autofire repeaters.
[19:56] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::Still softly:: I'm sorry to hear that.
[19:56] <Melissa> T1> ::whistles softly at the numbers::
[19:56] <Gabriel> T1> ::raises eyebrows and whistles:: That's a major contract. Congratulations on winning that.
[19:56] <Delgado> T2> ::finally stops fiddling with her silverware and just... sits::
[19:56] <Detro> T2> ::looks to Mem, figuring it's his show::
[19:57] <Savant> Server> T2> ::Returns with hot chocolate for the girls, scotch and wine and water for the adults. He sets it all out deftly:: Anything else, some appetizers maybe?
[19:57] <Mem> T2> ::looks back at Detro and shrugs::
[19:57] <Craig> ::listens to hadren and saske:: that is quite a bit of firepower, the NEC will be taking those to atlantis i imagine?
[19:58] <Melissa> T1>::takes a sip of her wine, while busy trying to figure out what would be required to turn something like a panzerfaust into a submersible weapon::
[19:58] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> Oh, there's more, too. A gyroc system that's supposed to be mounted on a motorbike-sized submersible that Gallot's apparently making.
[19:59] <Karas> T2> I'll have a mixed green salad and an order of Calamari please.
[19:59] <Savant> Server> T2> ::nods at Karas and writes that down:: Right away.
[19:59] <Detro> T2> Just a caesar salad for me, thanks.
[19:59] <Karas> Anyone else?
[19:59] <Craig> ::blinks:: underwater drones? or an aquatic infantry?
[20:00] <Gabriel> T1> That's something that really impresses me about your company: your ability to talk about all of this amazing technology as if it were commonplace. It's a pity, what's it's being used for, of course.
[20:00] <Gabriel> T1> But the technology and the processes needed to implement it? Quite impressive!
[20:00] <Mem> T2> Sure, I'll have a salad, too. ::looks over at Delgado::
[20:00] <Mem> T2> Something healthy?
[20:00] <Savant> Server> T1> ::Returns with breadsticks and some sort of an oil and pepper and vinegar dip, which is quite good.::
[20:00] <Savant> Server> T2> ::Continues to write as the others give him orders::
[20:01] <Gabriel> T1> ::takes advantage of the breadsticks::
[20:01] <Melissa> T1>::can't help but smile at the taste of real and good quality food::
[20:01] <Delgado> T2> ::blinks at Mem then stumbles for a moment with her speech:: Ah... Yes, yes. ::smiles tightly at Mem, having a deer-in-headlights look:: What would you recommend?
[20:01] <Birkin> T1> ::has a breadstick as well, trying the dip too::
[20:02] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> Well, yes - that can be a little hard to sleep with. But all for hte commonwealth, and all that. You know the drill. ::waves a breadstick about, gesturing as he speaks.:: And it *is* quite impressive. We're going to stretch your conception of what's possible and what isn't.
[20:02] <Craig> ::takes a breadstick and dips it into the dish then bites of a piece::
[20:03] <Gabriel> T1> ::nods slowly:: That's my only hesitation, honestly.
[20:04] <Karas> T2> ::Waits until the server finishes taking the orders, to both Stihl and Raballo:: We were wondering if maybe you have any information pertaining to some allies or groups we might be able to get into contact with...finding in allies in Gomorrah is proving harder for then we thought.
[20:04] <Gabriel> T1> ::watches Hadren carefully::
[20:06] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::purses his lips and nods, leaning back into his chair again:: Yes, I know. It's hard. But ::he grins briefly:: everyone has a aprt to play in that big adventure out there, if they want to go out and get it, right? You can spin your cogs here, or you can go out and do something about the universe. Me? I choose the latter.
[20:07] <Craig> ::to saske:: so, is there anything about the colonies that you're interested in?
[20:07] <Savant> Server> T2> ::Leaves, and comes bakc with breadsticks, some salads, and some calamari, with which he dresses the table::
[20:07] <Detro> T2> ::out of the corner of his eye, he sees the two girls glancing at the other table where their other team and their "employers" are at::
[20:07] <Gabriel> T1> ::to Hadren:: It doesn't bother you? You have quite a collection of colonial history in your office. This is an... interesting new chapter that's being written.
[20:08] <Delgado> T2> ::notices the girls looking over at the other team, but she keeps it at that, not wanting to draw attention. So, she stares at the food. Only the food::
[20:08] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::Shrugs:: They're out there. Once you get a few, then you can get a few more pretty easily. I can get you in touchw ith some friendly people ::glances over the group again::
[20:09] <Karas> T2> ::notices the girls:: Mayhaps some of them are closer then we thought?
[20:09] <Detro> T2> ::smiles, as Karas seems to have noticed too::
[20:10] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::shrugs:: I've never really bothered much with the world outside of the city. Never really seen the point. We've got Atlantis right here. ::gestures tot he room:: But I'd be an idiot to ignore the situation out there. Have to do what we can with it.
[20:11] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::grins and rolls the wine about in his glass:: I've always wanted to write a little bit of it myself, really. What about you?
[20:11] <Mem> T2> ::glances at the girls, then at Detro, taking a bite of his salad::
[20:11] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::murmurs:: Maybe a lot closer.
[20:12] <Craig> ::nods and frowns a bit:: you've never wanted to be there in person? on utopia, atlantis, eden...terranova?
[20:12] <Detro> T2> :Very Happy: Well, that seems like one angle hopefully solved. The other one is more financial in nature...
[20:12] <Birkin> T1> ::takes a sip of the scotch from his glass and stares at it a little bit, finally having tasted real Earth booze:: Keep to ourselves and no trouble will come to us. ::trying to interject another point of view to see how the others take to it::
[20:13] <Savant> The two girls are extremely polite. They seem like well mannered children of rich fathers; well dressed and well manicured and on their best behaviours. They *do* glance over at the other table from time to time however, even some of you in team one notice that.
[20:13] <Karas> T2> ::smiles:: These friends wouldn't be able to provide us with anything we could use? Information...::lowers his voice:: weapons?
[20:13] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::Sips his drink::The Social Welfare Agency is a net-zero organization. We dont' turn a profit.
[20:14] <Gabriel> T1> You konw, for a long time, I didn't even think about it. Too busy caught up in day-to-day concerns, you know? ::smiles:: But lately? Oh yes, definitely. ::chuckles::
[20:14] <Detro> T2> Oh, not your profit. Someone else's. Someone who seems to be taking advantage of the situation brought about by those from Earth.
[20:14] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::glances sidelong at Birkin and murmurs:: It's always a smart idea to play some cards close to the chest.
[20:15] <Gabriel> T1> Of course, though, Mariss could be accused of taking sides. Tell me. If -- somehow -- the Atlanteans showed up at your doorstep, wanting to buy these weapons...?
[20:15] <Gabriel> ::leaves the question hanging, obviously interested in Hadren's response::
[20:15] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::grins:: What sort of history do you want to write? That's really the stage Mariss is at. We're at the gate of a whole new universe, and we're the ones writing it.
[20:15] <Mem> T2> ::continues eating his salad, glancing over at Delgado with a bit of amusement::
[20:16] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::smirks a little:: It's a little hard, but i've seen it done.
[20:16] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::glances up at Jaceksen::
[20:16] <Detro> T2> Financial companies can be such swine some times.
[20:18] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::rubs his chin, thinking that one over - he pauses to actually look Tynes up and down as he thinks. Then:: We have yet to turn down a reputable customer in need of defense. ::grins a salesman's smile:: But I'm not in sales. Still, that's what history tells me.
[20:18] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::Resting his chin in his hands and his elbows on the table:: Have some recent trouble with a bank?
[20:19] <Mem> T2> Gotta know how to deal with 'em. ::smirks and has a sip of wine::
[20:20] <Detro> T2> Let's just say I take issue with their loan policies. They've made some... bad investments you might say?
[20:20] <Karas> T2> ::leans over to Aleksis and leaves Detro to discuss the matters:: How are things with you little one?
[20:20] <Gabriel> T1> You understand why I ask, of course. A man's got to sleep at night. I'd just be concerned about... ::again, stops talking for a moment, trying to think of the right word::
[20:21] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::Murmurs:: I'd hire some headhunters and get my investment back. Fair game.
[20:21] * dakabn has joined #BT05
[20:21] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[20:22] <Craig> ::tries to size up saske while listening to hadren and gabriel::i see, well to each their own, there's lots that can be done at home and abroad when you put your mind to it i'm sure
[20:22] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::smiles sweetly at Karas:: I've been very well. Jaceksen has been sending me to choir lessons, and we're going to be singing in two weeks.
[20:22] <Delgado> T2> ::chases a calamari around on her plate with her fork, just pushing, pushing pushing...::
[20:23] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: I suppose that's what we are. We just need to know where to strike to have the most impact. We've figured out what we can so far.
[20:23] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::leans forward to get Tynes' reply:: I understand. Concerned about what?
[20:23] <Mem> T2> Headhunters? -Really?-
[20:24] <Detro> T2> ::grins at Mem:: Why not? Lopping off a few heads would probably change their motivations.
[20:24] <Gabriel> T1> ::leans back, and takes a long sip of his wine before answering:: Concerned about being on the right side, I suppose.
[20:24] <Mem> T2> You fight money with money... not with decapitation.
[20:24] <Mem> T2> But that's fun to think about anyway.
[20:24] <Detro> T2> ::chuckle:: We aren't exactly rolling around in the stuff... but nice thought.
[20:25] <Karas> T2> Singing? Well when you do I'll try and make some time to see it...would you like that? ::Karas is positively beaming...he loves kids, but this one seems special to him::
[20:25] <Savant> The servers return - always the same two - with broad trays, and begin setting out tishes. These they set in front of everyone along with comments about good meals and pleasant evenings, and if there is anything else.
[20:25] <Dimitri> T1>:: Having mostly just listened to the various banter between Gabriel and Hadren, he begins to attack his tuna with relish, still listening to the conversation.
[20:26] <Detro> T2> ::starts in on his salad, waiting until the servers leave before continuing::
[20:26] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> ::nods at Mem, not really smiling, but not dour; he seems a very mild and soft spoken man in his mid-20's, caprician years.:: Well, fiscal decapitation, if you can. Sometimes the real thing happens, but that's an unfortunate part of life.
[20:26] <Melissa> T1>::smiles at the server and then looks at the plate. Taking a sip of her wine, she carefully selects her utensils and begins in on the crab, savouring each bite::
[20:26] <Birkin> T1> ::polishes off his drink, asking for another from the server along with another class of water, before he picks up a fork and begins to eat his tuna::
[20:28] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> Well, when you get down to it, I'm a Gomorran. ::A pause:: We don't take nonsense from anyone, we fight for what's ours, and we live as hard as we can. I'm on *my* side.
[20:28] <Detro> T2> It's something we deal with far more often. Headhunters, hmm. ::quietly:: Good enough to dig out the money flow to the Keffs?
[20:28] <Gabriel> T1> ::takes the opportunity to try his tuna::
[20:28] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::softly:: Who's ruined your investment? I have some friends who might be able to get you a little restitution.
[20:29] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::Beams at Karas, apparently excited by the idea:: Would you?
[20:29] <Craig> ::watchs as his plate is placed in front of him, a lobster claw and tail with a dish of garlic butter, he picks up the largest fork on the table and taps the claw a bit before leaning to melissa::i have no idea what to do with this
[20:30] <Delgado> T2> ::finally stabs the lone calamari and puts it in her mouth, chewing very slowly, very deliberately, her eyes staring down at her plate::
[20:30] <Mem> T2> ::smirks at Raballo:: Not really worried about that. Always looking for new investments, though. See what's movin'.
[20:31] <Melissa> T1>::glances over at Craig:: Well, you need to break the claw to get to the meat...then you dip the meat in the butter
[20:31] <Karas> T2> If I can little one, I will...::jots it down on his mini-PDA::
[20:31] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::sits back with her wine, letting her food sit for the moment:: There's more than enough to do here, if you ask me.
[20:32] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::clucks his tongue:: Earth is a tough nut. It's better to look elsewhere if you want your investment back.
[20:32] <Detro> T2> ::shrugs:: Maybe not get the investment back, but find a way to hurt them in return.
[20:32] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> I hear that there's a few KSM floaters that could use some trimming.
[20:32] <Detro> T2> What better way than to cut their purse strings?
[20:33] <Delgado> T2> ::swallows her food then goes back to staring at everything between the tanks::
[20:34] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::eats a few bites, and comments:: So. If you had a choice of which branch you'd like to visit once Mariss is through the gate web, which world would you want to be transfered to?
[20:34] <Craig> T1>::takes another look at the plate and utensils and finds what looked like a nut cracker decides to give it a try, he at least has the good sense to shield the claw with his other hand in case it becomes messy::
[20:35] <Gabriel> T1> That's hard to say. Definitely not Atlantis. All that water... I can't even imagine it.
[20:35] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::Seems a little surprised by Jaceksen's comment:: Really? Huh. ::takes a bite of his salmon:: Maybe it's time to visit their investment office, pull out some funds from that account.
[20:35] <Karas> T2> ::notices Delgado still freaking out a bit:: Hey Delgado I want you to meet Aleksis...she is a very special girl.
[20:35] <Detro> T2> ::has some more of the salad... the dressing's... different. A little fishy.::
[20:35] <Dimitri> T1> ::Continues taking small bites of his Neptune Tuna, and then follows with a sip from the wine.::
[20:36] <Melissa> T1> If I could be transferred, I think I would love to see Atlantis...because of all the water.
[20:36] <Birkin> T1> Utopia, it sounds like it has some interesting stuff to it. Some of the real outer ones as well. Those always facinated me when I heard about them.
[20:36] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::smiles up at Delgado. She's an auburn haired girl, with her hair in bouncy ringlets. She's what you might call 'cute as a button'::
[20:36] <Mem> T2> ::finishes his salad and then has another sip of wine:: Well, I'm sure we'd love to hear about how things *really* work around here.
[20:37] <Delgado> T2> ::blinks once then glances at Karas, looking relieved, then down at Aleksis, smiling at the girl:: Hello, Aleksis. It's a pleasure to make your aqauintance.
[20:37] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::sits back:: What would you like to know? I'm not sure what I'm comparing to.
[20:37] <Mem> T2> ::smirks:: Everything. I like business.
[20:38] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::absently:: Apparently Atlantis is gorgeous. What I've heard at least. Earthers don't really hold much of it. The Atlanteans *broke* them, I guess.
[20:39] <Craig> T1>::manages to extract some meat out of the claw and dips it into the butter before taking a bite::hmmm ::swallows then looks to hadren:: Terranova seems like a very interesting place actually ::smirks a bit:: guess i've been interested for about ::thinks:: 20 years now
[20:39] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::smirks:: Man after my own heart. What can I say? Business is business. It's life. It's dirty, it's messy, and you have to make sacrifices to get what you want. But in the end it's all worth it.
[20:40] <Birkin> T1> Broke them? That why they need all of those weapons you talked about earlier?
[20:41] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::smiles at Delgado:: Hello. It's nice to meet you. Do you like singing?
[20:41] <Karas> T2> Aleksis is a violinist...and a very good one.::looking over to the other girl::...do you have any hobbies Chael?...have you been friends with Aleksis long?
[20:41] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::to Craig:: Nice place, I've heard. Always wanted to go there, myself.
[20:42] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: Just so long as it's an honest job. ::leans back, having finished the salad:: Way I see it, the "keffs" haven't earned what they're taking.
[20:42] <Delgado> T2> I like to listen to other people sing, yes. Do you sing?
[20:42] <Gabriel> T1> ::nods agreeably to Hadren's sentiment::
[20:43] <Craig> ::nods:: i imagine so, you're collection of history books back in your office seemed to include a large number on terranova alone, how extensive is it anyway?
[20:43] <Craig> <<bah T1> to that>>
[20:43] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::grins thinly at Birkin, as much an affirmation as he was going to get:: Broke like a trader day after stocks.
[20:43] <Savant> ((Wee note - Aleksis sings, and Chael has the violin case))
[20:44] <Mem> T2> ::shrugs:: Money is blood where I'm from. Might be needing a transfusion soon.
[20:45] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::beams at being the centre of attention:: I sing every day; I get lessons. You should come to our production with Mr Karas.
[20:45] <Savant> Chael> T2> ::Smiles shyly and hugs her violin case to herself::
[20:45] <Karas> T2> ::grins at Delgado:: Yes...you should.
[20:46] <Delgado> T2> ::grins:: I just might. What is your favorite song to sing?
[20:46] <Birkin> T1> Hm. War is good for business.
[20:46] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> Oh, it's pretty full, but I'm always looking for more. They're hard to get these days. A bit of a luxury i'm allowed in my position, I guess. Why, do you know where I could get something from Terranova?
[20:47] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::grins:: Do you need much? I hear you make good investments, I might let you broker some of mine.
[20:47] <Gabriel> ::looks at Craig in a very interested way::
[20:48] <Karas> T2> I noticed you two looking at the other table earlier Aleksis. Do you know anyone there?
[20:48] <Melissa> T1>::continues to savour the crab and pasta dish, finishing the rest of her wine as she continues to listen to the conversation while also looking around some more::
[20:49] <Detro> T2> ::decides to let the Northie lead the trade negotiations for this one... he settles back, taking in all those in the room, wondering if Tynes or the others would pass any sort of signal off to them::
[20:49] <Delgado> T2> ::looks between the girls at the table, listening to their conversations with Karas as she keeps a smile on her face, though her eyes search them closely for a few moments::
[20:50] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> Mm. ::pauses:: That's Mister Guilles. Sometimes he comes over and talks with Jaceksen. Sometimes they go out and play tennis.
[20:51] <Craig> ::thinks a moment:: i'm sure you already seen the trideo's of the 'War of the Alliance' from 20 years ago, i could probably scare up some 'interpolar' material
[20:51] <Karas> T2> ::looks over at Delgado making sure she got that, then back to Aleksis:: Well thats nice isn't it, how often does he come over?
[20:51] <Mem> T2> Maybe we should set up a business meeting to talk about everything more directly. ::takes a sip of wine:: I can assure you, though, that I'm very interested in finding out just how profitable Gomorrah can be.
[20:52] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::seems very interested:: *Really*. I haven't even heard about that period. When was that, after the reconstruction era?
[20:52] <Gabriel> T1> ::raises his eyebrows, looking between Hadren and Craig::
[20:53] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> Maybe once a month, or once every few weeks. Sometimes he brings books.
[20:53] <Delgado> T2> ::glances over at the other table briefly, trying to pick out 'Mr. Guilles' before looking back to Aleksis and Karas::
[20:53] <Karas> T2> What kind of books?
[20:54] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> I'd be happy to meet with you, but honestly, Raballo knows more about getting your money. Me, I just handle my own affairs.
[20:54] <Mem> T2> ::grins:: Don't we all?
[20:54] <Birkin> T1> ::chews his tuna looking between the history nerds as he wonders what Craig will be up to with this::
[20:54] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::a murmur:: Give me your contact and I'll set up a time and a place.
[20:55] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::smirks:: OH, Gomorrah's plenty profitable if you know what you're doing.
[20:55] <Craig> T1>actually it's more recent, shortly after the novan's drove back the CEF, that kind of stuff if harder to find of course but some of it pops up on the lower levels. i wouldn't be suprised if those insurgents the liberati call 'ravens' bring it with them
[20:56] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> Stories about the colonies. Old stories usually, but I like them.
[20:56] <Karas> T2> Do you have any favorites?
[20:57] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::grins:: You know where to get that?
[20:59] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> The Girl from The Atoll. It's about girl from some place on Home, that lives on an island. The pictures are really pretty.
[20:59] <Craig> ::takes a quick glance to gabriel then to hadren:: if you want, i could take to you a guy
[21:00] <Karas> T2> ::lowers his voice just a bit:: That sounds really cool...you ever met anyone from the "colonies"?
[21:00] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T1> That'd be fantastic. Yeah, I'd do that in a second.
[21:01] <Delgado> T2> ::interrupts:: Do you see Mr. Guilles anywhere else? Go out and do things?
[21:01] <Mem> T2> ::leans in a bit:: Well, we have some specific interests, of course, and any help we can get would be appreciated. ::leans back again:: And rewarded, I'm sure.
[21:02] <Mem> T2> Anyway, we can talk more about that at a later time.
[21:02] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> No, I haven't ever met anyone form the colonies. ::She glances to Delgado as the Talon asks a question, and she immediately shrinks back, close-lipped and shrinking back to Jaceksen:: No.
[21:03] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::Absently puts an arm over Aleksis's shoulders::
[21:03] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> We're happy to help. What sort of *interests* do you mean?
[21:03] <Delgado> T2> ::blinks once then looks apologetic:: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you, Aleksis.
[21:04] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> Sorry. ::turns an amusing shade of red and sits back up::
[21:04] <Karas> T2> Its alright Aleksis...lets talk about something else? How did you and Chael meet?
[21:05] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::looks at Chael:: She was with the Agency when I, uh, showed up. She's been with Raballo for awhile. We're in the same class.
[21:06] <Mem> T2> ::smirks and makes a dismissive head gesture:: It's pretty sensitive stuff. There's a lot of vetting to be done first. I'm sure we can have a more formal proposal ready to go the next time we meet.
[21:06] <Detro> T2> ::listens to the ocean noise for a bit... it's a curious noise, one he hasn't heard too often, given Terra Nova's penchant for whale muzak::
[21:06] <Savant> Chael> T2> ::Her voice is much softer than Aleksis's, she's much more shy:: Four years.
[21:06] <Delgado> T2> ::shakes her head, looking confused:: Agency...?
[21:07] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::Refills her wine glass, raising an eyebrow at the superficially idle chatter::
[21:08] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> Do your homework. It always pays to do your homework.
[21:08] <Melissa> T1>::takes the opportunity to refill her own glass::
[21:09] <Craig> T1>::takes a few more bites of lobster while waiting for hadren's response::
[21:09] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> That'd be fantastic. Yeah, I'd do that in a second.
[21:09] <Dimitri> ::Takes a final bite of the Neptune tuna, savouring that taste. It was delicious. ::
[21:10] <Melissa> T1> I haven't had crab this good in a while
[21:10] <Craig> T1>>::nods::how's tomorrow sound? back at your office?
[21:11] <Gabriel> T1> ::grins crookedly:: No doubt, he'll be going to Terra Nova to get it. Tell me the truth, Hadren: this guy's a ringer, and is already part of your colonial division.
[21:11] <Savant> The servers come in and remove plates, refill glasses, bring more bread, then leave again. The conversation around you is quiet and complacent, but somehow your voices don't seem to carry more, as if the room were made for cozy privacy.
[21:11] <Karas> T2> ::looks to Delgado::The Agency is who Jacek works for...I'll tell you about it later.::karas gives Delgado a slight shake of his head::
[21:11] <Delgado> [19:56] <Savant> after a bit more observation, tehy also seem to be on some sort of mood-affecting drugs.
[21:11] <Delgado> [19:57] <Delgado> Can she tell what? Or what the general effect is?
[21:11] <Delgado> [19:57] <Savant> can't tell what, but it's a little bit like ritalin or valium. deals with mood swings and such. You're sure there's more going on, though.
[21:11] <Delgado> <<Aaaaah>>
[21:11] <Delgado> <<screw you, goddamn keys>>
[21:12] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::grins widely:: I bet he's part of someone else's colonial division.
[21:12] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:12] <Gabriel> Whee. That was fun. Smile
[21:13] <Savant> i enjoyed that too! Though some of you were quiete quiet. Anything I can do to help that next game?
[21:13] <Savant> quite, even
[21:13] <Craig> hehe nice topper there too ross
[21:13] <Melissa> um...having come into the middle of things, wasn't quite sure what the conversation topics were
[21:13] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:13] * Savant nods
[21:13] <Savant> won't be so bad next week
[21:14] <Savant> anyways, do I have questions?
[21:14] <LrdVampyre> hmm...with the length of travel time, i'll be lucky to be here by quarter to 7
[21:14] <Craig> so craig needs to work on his subtlety but it seems to be paying off
[21:14] <Savant> okay, Dave. I'll do what I can.
[21:14] <Savant> well done today, Craig, by the way. You took the lead well.
[21:14] <Birkin> I personally am not sure if I should rush in and try to confuse things Both Jester and later on Craig were holding the attention of the Marissa people. I tried to throw out an idea to judge how they would react
[21:15] <Savant> there are two NPCs. Feel free to engage them both
[21:15] <Detro> Eh, the only questions I have is when can we drop the "local" act with T2 next week and straight up tell them who we are and what we need? Wink
[21:15] <Karas> The kids brought some intersting things to the table.
[21:15] <Savant> i like the kids Smile
[21:15] <Craig> in retrospect, thats pretty much what i did, sorry if i seemed to hog them both
[21:15] <Delgado> ::mumbles:: Creepy....
[21:15] <Gabriel> I think we go public next week, yeah, but I want some time to think about just how.
[21:15] <Karas> potential for Jacek to have met more "colonists"
[21:16] <Savant> i'll let you retroactively buy your cards when you bought your clothes if you want, Tynes Wink
[21:16] <Gabriel> LOL
[21:16] <Gabriel> It's not so much that as how to word it.
[21:16] * Delgado snickers
[21:16] <Craig> hehe
[21:16] <Karas> Is Karas aware of the kids being drugged. Is it part of her condition?
[21:17] <Savant> yes.
[21:17] <Delgado> I can just see the scene in American Psycho when they exchange and judge each other's cards. Wink
[21:17] <Mem> Between this week and next week, I want to see what I can do to invest some money, try to improve our financial status a little bit.
[21:17] <Mem> What little we have.
[21:17] <Savant> that's cool, Mem. If you do it right you may get a sizeable donation to start off with
[21:18] * dakabn has left #BT05
[21:18] <Savant> anyways. Who wants experience?
[21:18] <Craig> so yeah we bring along some more recent terranovan material, including some trideos of BT05 <hadren> those people look alot like... <gabriel> pleasure to meet you too
[21:18] <LrdVampyre> xp is good
[21:18] <Craig> yes XP:)
[21:18] <Delgado> I like XP
[21:18] <Detro> px xp
[21:18] <Savant> one for the money. Two is for teamwork. Tell me how you excersized teamwork today
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:18] <Savant> one for the money. Two is for teamwork. Tell me how you excersized teamwork today.
[21:19] <Karas> So Delgado you going to go with Karas to see Aleksis sing. Wink
[21:19] <Delgado> Karas and I teamed up to interrogate the little ones. Wink
[21:19] <Delgado> Sure
[21:19] <Savant> you sure did interrogate those kids well Wink
[21:19] <Gabriel> To me, it looked like everyone picked their own angle to our targets. That's what most impressed me.
[21:19] <Detro> Once again, we had two teams doing a good job of questioning.
[21:19] <Savant> I agree. Some watched, some interacted; everyone had their own goals. I like that.
[21:19] <Karas> After I broke the ice with Jacek, Mem and Detro could really open up.
[21:20] <LrdVampyre> i had me crab Razz
[21:20] <Savant> Jaceksen and Raballo are cool characters i've been holding up my sleeve for about a year now.
[21:20] <Detro> ::nods:: Karas did a good job of setting them up so we could knock 'em down... and then once he'd done that, instead of backing off, he switched to the kids.
[21:20] <Savant> delicious crab
[21:20] <Karas> On another note: Delgado and Karas would make a wicked interrogation team.
[21:20] <Savant> even have a picture of Raballo somewhere
[21:20] <Savant> agreed.
[21:21] <Delgado> Woot.
[21:21] <Savant> every ten year old you need to interrogate, give'm to those two
[21:21] <Savant> fold like paper bags.
[21:21] <Karas> Awesome!
[21:21] * Delgado grins
[21:21] <Karas> Delgado this one is tough. Bring in the drugs. =P
[21:21] <Savant> that's two. Three is for what you've learned. What is new in the storyline, and why is it important?
[21:22] <LrdVampyre> Haldren has a very keen interest in colonials, especially Terranova
[21:22] <Detro> As Ross pointed out, Caprice's populace appears to not know anything that's happened on Terra Nova since the original invasion.
[21:22] <Delgado> Creepy cybernetic drugged children. ... Why? Next on Dateline NBC.
[21:22] <Craig> i managed to figure out lobster while we got to the meat of hadren's interest with the colonies and where he stands with the CEF, one of the new contracts is weaponry for a new campaign against atlantis
[21:22] <Savant> quite true. the interesting question is why is he so interested in terranova?
[21:22] <Karas> Kids seemed to have seen other colonists. During our conversation they gave a positive ID on Guilles and confirmed some type of association with Jacek and Raballo.
[21:23] <Savant> Heh, Karas is allowed to tell you why, if he wants to Wink
[21:23] <Delgado> And yeah, what's up with Guilles/Jacek/Raballo
[21:24] <Gabriel> Most interesting to me tonight is how much the CEF has chosen to lean on local Caprician companies. Mariss operates without interference from Hakkar and obviously very poor observation from the CID.
[21:24] <Detro> We know of this restaurant now, and that it's safe.
[21:24] <Gabriel> It's important because if -- somehow -- the CEF could be cut off from the Caprician corps, their war effort would totally fall apart.
[21:24] <Birkin> Earth has been keeping word of TerraNova, very secret
[21:24] <Karas> Aleksis and Chael were rescued from abusive households. They were rescued from near-death states and...rebuilt...Karas worked with Jacek on Aleksis' case which is why he is so attached.
[21:24] <Gabriel> All their high tech goodies are in the hands of essentially enemy corps.
[21:24] <Detro> Which means that if we cut the CEF's funds and they can't pay for what they've ordered, guess who can buy up the goods?
[21:24] <Craig> at first glance it could be they know each other because of their affiliation with hakkar, but maybe they're all muttawah
[21:24] <Savant> Gabriel, don't jump to conclusions too quick. Moscow Heavy Industries is on Caprice now, too, after all Wink
[21:25] <Karas> Aleksis has Amnesia and can't remember the incident the drugs are probably to keep her from lashing out or having "episodes"/
[21:25] <Gabriel> Yeah, but you'd be expecting them to export more of this tech back to Earth and apparently that's not happening.
[21:25] <Gabriel> It begs the question whether there's really sufficient tech genius on Earth to make some of this stuff work, or if they've been relying on the work of smarter men/women in their past.
[21:26] <Savant> a good question that needs a good answer
[21:26] <Karas> Its a given that both are Muttawah...the point is that they might be part of a much higher cell...one that is operating within Hakkar...THEY would be powerful allies.
[21:26] <Karas> Hakkar is big business on Caprice.
[21:27] <Savant> all very good observations. that's three.
[21:27] <Mem> Colin, quick interlude or whatever... the imported wine... Mem would eventually ask where it was from and when the gate was supposed to bring in more
[21:28] <Savant> it's atlantean wine. the CEF apparently controls some area that makes wine
[21:28] <Savant> anyways, that's three, we'll make it four if you can tell me one thing you liked out of this game tonight.
[21:28] <Detro> The gate will re-open precisely at 1:21AM, November 15th, 1955...
[21:28] <LrdVampyre> real food
[21:28] <LrdVampyre> and civilized setting
[21:29] <Savant> fish!
[21:29] <Karas> Calamari!
[21:29] <Delgado> I'm fitting in more, both IC and OOC. Slowly leeeeearning.
[21:29] <Delgado> ahaha, and fish
[21:29] <LrdVampyre> yes, and fish...Mel misses having fish
[21:29] <Craig> colin's had sushi on the brain for the past week:)
[21:29] <Detro> Heh. I liked Delgado's phobia kicking in.
[21:29] <Detro> It makes perfect sense for a Badlander Smile
[21:29] <Mem> It was a real social outing... kind of not a kick your shoes off and party one, but still fun.
[21:29] <Savant> you're doing great Itz.
[21:29] <Karas> Poor Delgado we are leaving you behind when we go to Atlantis.
[21:29] <LrdVampyre> i'd love to see Delgado on Atlantis
[21:29] <Delgado> And Craig didn't know how to eat his food. Wink
[21:29] <Mem> Mem loves this shit, anyway. More fancy restaurants. Wink
[21:30] <Mem> I have to decide if Mem is a picky eater or a stuff-your-face and then remain healthy type
[21:30] <LrdVampyre> i just want to get a couple of motors so i can start making use of my new drone toy
[21:30] <Craig> itz, to steal a line from dennis >makes perfect sense for a badlander:)
[21:30] <Savant> we'll do some rolling during the week and get you some motors if you like, Dave
[21:30] <LrdVampyre> weee!
[21:31] <Karas> Do I have those cartoons Colin?
[21:31] <LrdVampyre> i shall name the scorpion Neko!
[21:31] <Delgado> I'm telling you, Melissa is going to make Skynet.
[21:31] <Delgado> She'll kill us all!
[21:31] <Detro> Melissa should make Savant. Wink
[21:31] <LrdVampyre> excellent
[21:31] <Karas> Make S'Tan Dave. =)
[21:32] <Savant> very good, that's four for all. Though Gabriel hasn't pitched in yet Wink
[21:32] <Craig> craig will probably like to take apart the cellphone he bought and convert it for talon use like he did detro's
[21:32] <Savant> I'm going to give an extra one to Delgado, Karas, Dimitri and Melissa, since they're newbies and need to level up.
[21:33] <Gabriel> Oh! Sorry, missed the question. And the interaction was great fun. Almost like a maze. I really liked Craig's contributions, too.
[21:33] <Savant> so you four cna have five. Everyone else, four. Well done!
[21:33] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:30] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Close to Home in Session'
[18:30] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:30] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <Detro> ::attn::
[18:30] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:30] <Karas> ::attn::
[18:31] <Savant> hi! Hello. Welcome yet again, to another exciting episode of the Black Talons!
[18:31] <Savant> shall we wait a few for some more to show?
[18:31] <Gabriel> Seems like a good idea.
[18:31] <Karas> Nik won't be coming until much later
[18:32] <Savant> agreed. Someone put a bell on Itz, would ya?
[18:32] <Savant> s'arright.
[18:32] <Karas> Like 7-8
[18:32] <Savant> missing 5, I'll wait 5.
[18:32] <Mem> Itz said she probably couldn't come.
[18:32] <Gabriel> Gee. Nice system. Where'd you get that idea? Wink
[18:32] <Savant> i steal from you. You steal from me. It's co-operative Wink
[18:32] <Gabriel> ::grins::
[18:32] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
[18:33] <Savant> ding ding
[18:33] <Delgado> ::grumbles and goes to attn in a distracted way::
[18:33] <Gabriel> Something wrong, Itz?
[18:33] <Gabriel> Wonder where Scotty is.
[18:34] <Savant> Scotty's been showing up late over the past few weeks for some reason
[18:34] <Detro> I think Delgado's got her mind on the big tanks of water...
[18:35] <Savant> okay. that's fine minutes. the others can show up when they show up.
[18:35] <Gabriel> ::nods::
[18:35] * Scotty has joined #BT05
[18:35] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Scotty
[18:35] <Savant> want a briefing? It'll be familiar.
[18:35] <Savant> hey, there's one now.
[18:35] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[18:35] <Savant> here's a briefing.
[18:35] <Savant> Close to Home
[18:35] <Savant> 24 June 275LC, 1930h - Evening - (4S TN1945)
[18:35] <Savant> "Pelagia Tel", Gallot Hub, Gomorrah
[18:35] <Savant> 21 degrees Celcius, 7% humidity, 102 millibars atmospheric pressure
[18:35] <Savant> Even play is work in Gomorrah. After a successful "interview" at Mariss Milspec, those Talons on infiltration team "one" have been invited to a business dinner by Hadrenn Guilles and Saske Orwend at a classy restaurant in Gallot Hub - an Atlantean themed place called Pelagia Tel.
[18:35] <Savant> After a little investigating on Detro's behalf, and a little help from one of Karas's friends, the Talons have determined that the restaurant is owned by a Muttawah, and that the security systems in the place are completely disconnected from the Gomorrah information network.
[18:35] <Savant> Team One has been invited for dinner, and Team Two is going along as cover - Karas's friend, Jaceksen Stihl, has made reservatios for another dinner party at the same time.
[18:35] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:35] <Birkin> ack
[18:35] <Detro> ack
[18:35] <Gabriel> ack
[18:35] <Savant> it's actually more like 2030 or 2100, but you get the picture.
[18:36] <Birkin> I think Itz is studying for a test or something
[18:36] <Craig> oh so this is the same night?
[18:36] <Karas> ack
[18:36] <Savant> we'll be picking up just after the dinner plates are cleared away and they bring out the dessert menus Wink
[18:36] <Savant> yes, it is
[18:37] <Craig> ahh, ack
[18:37] <Delgado> ack
[18:37] <Savant> questions?
[18:37] <Gabriel> Nope, sounds good.
[18:37] <Savant> going once
[18:38] <Savant> going twice
[18:38] <Savant> sold! ::passes the little wooden train::
[18:38] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:38] <Savant> Pelagia Tel is a cozy place to spend an evening. The room is modeled to be some sort of an underwater mansion / ship, complete with endless water and sea-life outside the small-framed windows on either side. The interior is lush and caters to epicurean comforts. Even the music filtering through the speakers is relaxing and as mild as an ocean breeze.
[18:38] <Savant> The back room, which looks like it doubles as a private function room, has few people in it. The Talons and their hosts, and a pair of couples enjoying a quiet dinner. Karas has ensured the group that it is a safe area to talk more openly - how openly he didn't say, but he revealed that the place was owned and operated by a Muttawah.
[18:39] <Savant> Your two servers, both sympathizers in their own right, have cleared away dinner plates and brought out carafes of coffee - not cawfee - and some sort of a bitter tea, along with bottles of port and small bowls of lemon ice cream. All of this was without being asked, though dessert menus have been placed on the tables.
[18:40] <Detro> ::has enjoyed the meal, and is letting Mem set the pace on just how much they're going to reveal to Karas' friends... he listens in, ready to jump in if he has any of his own questions::
[18:40] <Karas> ::turns to Aleksis:: What are you getting little one?
[18:40] <Gabriel> T1> ::glances at his dessert menu, but doesn't pick it up, but instead pours himself another glass of wine::
[18:41] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> I like the sundaes they have here. There are funny little blue berries on them that pop in your mouth.
[18:41] <Birkin> T1> ::has himself some of this "coffee" figuring that the Commandant would like a full report on it, while taking a look at the desert menu::
[18:43] <Gabriel> T1> So. ::grins at Hadren:: Tell me about my competition.
[18:43] <Karas> T2> That sounds good I think I will have that as well.
[18:44] <Detro> T2> ::is content with the lemon ice cream, letting the information gathered swirl around his head much like the spoon in the bowl::
[18:44] <Craig> T1>::takes a glance at the dessert menu::hmm so many choices
[18:45] <Delgado> T2> ::watches Karas interact with the children, now a little more weary than she was before::
[18:45] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::leans back in his chair, pouring himself some of the darker, almost purple wine:: Honestly? Pretty warped. Plenty of people who claim to be just what we need, but None of them seem to have your :: pauses for the word:: mettle?
[18:45] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::To Karas, a little quietly:: They're sunfish eggs.
[18:46] * Fraser has joined #bt05
[18:46] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
[18:46] <Karas> T2> Well everything here is pretty new to me friend...I'll give it a try.
[18:48] <Mem> T2> ::enjoys his dessert quietly, glancing over at the other table::
[18:48] <Craig> T1>::closes the menu:: i think i'll have some coffee too
[18:48] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T2> ::nods:: It's not bad. A little sour.
[18:49] <Savant> ((whoops, that was JAceksen))
[18:49] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:50] <Gabriel> T1> ::smiles slightly:: Life experience. Sometimes, I feel like I've been on the receiving end of one of your guns.
[18:50] <Savant> The servers return to take dessert orders, pour coffee, and make sure everything is proper
[18:51] <Ardelmos> T2> ::returns from the washroom, adjusting his jacket as he sits back down and orders coffee::
[18:51] <Detro> T2> ::looks at their hosts at the table:: So, if you don't mind my asking... since there are things you can do for us, is there anything we could do for you?
[18:52] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::grins:: I guessed that might have been the case, but I'm glad that you've made it past them. ::Glances at Saske, then back to Tynes; he raises his glass:: And, if we can come to terms on numbers, I look forward to putting you on the other end of them soon enough.
[18:52] <Craig> T1>::nods politely to the server as his mug is filled::
[18:52] <Mem> T2> ::glances up at the server with a smile:: So, do you know the company that ships this wine? I mean, I'm crazy for it, I gotta know.
[18:53] <Gabriel> T1> ::raises his glass::
[18:53] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::grins at Raballo, who only smirks slightly in return:: Of course. The Social Welfare Agency is always looking for volunteer workers.
[18:53] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::writes some things down on a PDA:: Speaking of numbers. what sort of numbers are you looking for?
[18:54] <Karas> ::raises an eyebrow towards Jacek::
[18:54] <Karas> <<T2>>
[18:55] <Savant> Server> T2> ::pauses briefly as MEm addreses him:: We get it from Galparr Fine Foods Distributors. I think they got it from Lysander Imports?
[18:55] <Mem> T2> Thanks. ::returns to his coffee::
[18:56] <Savant> Server> T2> They said they'd let us know as soon as they got some more, we're on the top of the list. ::smirks and points at the glass in front of Mem:: That's why it costs what it does.
[18:56] <Ardelmos> T2> ::takes a rather long sip from his coffee and leans back -- it had been some time since he'd had a restaurant prepared meal::
[18:56] <Mem> T2> Of course. It's really something.
[18:57] * Delgado is now known as Itz|Away
[18:57] <Gabriel> T1> ::glances at the others::
[18:58] <Ardelmos> T2> ::burps:: Compliments to the chef.
[18:58] <Savant> Server> T2> ::grins at Mem and nods:: If you like, we'll notify you when more comes in. ::then to Roland:: I'll pass it along, sir.
[18:59] <Detro> T2> Volunteers, certainly. It's just we always seem to be coming and going... perhaps there's something we can do for you on one of the trips?
[19:00] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::Shrugs:: Depends where you're going. We can talk about that after dinner, if you like. We're always looking for new opportunities, too.
[19:00] <Mem> T2> ::glances over at Roland, amused at the idea that Roland wasn't accustomed to this sort of meal::
[19:00] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: Sounds like an enterprising topic to me. :Smile:
[19:01] * Delgado has joined #bt05
[19:01] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Delgado
[19:02] <Birkin> T1> What is the standard starting numbers here. You said that you take good care of your people.
[19:02] <Savant> The servers disappear, then return a few momets later with some desserts - not many, enough for the kisd and those adventurous few. There's an ice cream sundae with what look like bright blue translucent berries sprinkled overtop, and some dark, rich looking brownie.
[19:03] * LrdVampyre has joined #BT05
[19:03] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[19:03] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[19:04] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> We're prepared to open the table with seventy five thousand pounds a year, plus a fifteen thousand yearly Hakkar account, plus front-of-the-line choice at Hakkar pads on Beta.
[19:05] <Detro> T2> ::leans over to Mem, and sotto voce:: I'm pretty sure he knows who we are. Can we drop the act?
[19:05] <Ardelmos> T2> ::takes one of the ice cream sundaes, having not had any dairy since arriving on Caprice -- he wondered where they even managed to get the milk from::
[19:05] <Mem> T2> ::leans over to Detro:: Maybe. It's everyone else I'm worried about.
[19:05] <Gabriel> T1> ::leans back::
[19:06] <Craig> T1>::looks between gabriel and birkin, then to saske::that certainly sounds like good living there
[19:07] <Birkin> T1> ::clears his throat a little bit and takes a sip of coffee:: That 15,000 is my Hakkar U money as well? Or is that seperate?
[19:07] <Detro> T2> ::still speaking very quietly:: The others can see what their reaction is to finding out who we are. Could be they are friendly to them, no?
[19:07] <Ardelmos> T2> ::frowns as he takes the first bite -- it was almost certainly synthetic, it appeared -- but at least it was good::
[19:07] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::Glances at Hadren, then back at Craig:: We're happy to sign you at that amount. And no, educational funds are treated differently. You'll have to complete some placement testing to compete for that.
[19:08] <Delgado> T2> ::keeps glacing at the girls, wishing she could ask about 50 questions but knows from their earlier reaction that they're rather sensitive::
[19:08] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::to Tynes:: Your position is higher, so we're going to open the door to you with one hundred and twenty thousand, plus fourty thousand, plus a reserved Delta suite.
[19:09] <Melissa> T1>::absorbs all the talk, listening carefully and watching Tynes before saying anything::
[19:09] <Ardelmos> T2> ::lets the blue berries pop in his mouth, slightly surprised at the the combination of sweet and sour::
[19:09] <Birkin> T1> Lets say I don't pass it this first time. A year later after working hard can I take it again and pass it and get those same benefits?
[19:09] <Detro> T2> Fact is sir, it's going to be damned hard to find out what we can do for each other if we have to keep burying everything in double-talk.
[19:09] <Birkin> T1> Not that I wont pass it mind you
[19:10] <Gabriel> T1> Let's assume... for a moment... that I can act as a broker to bring in a materials expert... and bring a major new customer to the door with me. ::picks up his wineglass and swirls the liquid slowly::
[19:10] <Gabriel> T1> Then what?
[19:10] <Detro> T2> ::Detro's doing his best to keep his voice down through this conversation::
[19:10] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> You can retest as often as you want to - well, no, there's a month between testing periods. But take it until you get into the class, certainly. That's up to you.
[19:11] <Birkin> T1> Excellent.
[19:11] <Craig> T1>::chuckles a bit::to be honest my current living conditions are nowhere near that comfortable so it's safe to say i'd be happy with that
[19:11] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::Seems very happy with her sundae::
[19:11] <Mem> T2> Not really a great place to be having open conversations about ::leans in closer, covering his mouth for only Detro to hear:: the subversion of the occupying government.
[19:12] <Birkin> T1> ::begins to eat one of the brownies::
[19:12] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::whistles lowly:: Well, then we can easily discuss a percentage commission. ::pauses:: How big are we talking here?
[19:12] <Melissa> T1>::raises a hand and looks at Orwend:: I have a counter offer for you
[19:12] <Detro> T2> ::quietly:: We're off the grid here. An' that water noise is pretty good at covering up words...
[19:13] <Delgado> T2> ::smiles at Aleksis:: Does it taste good?
[19:13] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> M? ::to Melissa::
[19:13] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::grins:: I always get this when we come here.
[19:14] <Mem> T2> Not everyone here has been vetted, though. ::sighs::
[19:14] <Ardelmos> T2> ::grunts:: S'good. The blue things are....tart.
[19:14] <Melissa> T1>The 15,000 Hakkar and the living arrangement in Beta is fine, but I'd like to make it an even $80,000
[19:15] <Detro> T2> ::looks Mem head-on:: Where else can we meet with people of this caliber, in a safe location.
[19:15] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> ::nods at Roland, but is too busy eating to say anything in reply::
[19:16] <Delgado> T2> The same thing? Doesn't that get boring?
[19:16] <Craig> T1>::glances at melissa::
[19:17] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::Frowns and does some scratch notes on her PDA:: Hm. That's acceptable, if you prefer it.
[19:17] <Gabriel> T1> Well, the last time I checked, Mariss was a weapons manufacturer. You're already supplying the CEF. Who else is in the market for your sorts of products?
[19:18] <Melissa> T1>::smirks a little bit:: I promise, you won't regret it
[19:18] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::replies smugly, knowing his answer is the wrong one:: We've got several very lucrative corpserf contracts.
[19:19] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T2> ::plainly, as only a child can:: No.
[19:21] <Birkin> T1> ::raises an eyebrow at that, wondering just how illegal that might potentially be if they were supplying them with true good weapons::
[19:21] <Gabriel> T1> ::looks around the room, obviously uncomfortable with all of the other people::
[19:22] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::picks up on the growing discomfort:: Let's go somewhere else to do the handshaking, maybe.
[19:22] <Delgado> T2> ::blinks slightly:: ... Oh. Alright.
[19:22] * Ryco has joined #BT05
[19:22] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Ryco
[19:23] <Savant> Chael> T2> ::supplies as Aleksis eats - Chael's just eating the plain lemon ice cream:: She likes sweet things.
[19:23] <Gabriel> T1> ::nods and stands, picking up his sword and clipping it back to his belt::
[19:23] <Mem> T2> ::shrugs at Detro and gestures that he can ask whatever he wants::
[19:23] <Craig> T1>::looks about, then to hadren::aright
[19:23] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::Stands up with a huffed breath, turning to face one of the servers who's already coming over with a pda::
[19:25] <Mem> T2> ::leans back and continues drinking his coffee, looking at the two girls, wondering why they were there::
[19:25] <Detro> T2> ::hrms:: I don't suppose any of you know much about hard-wired data communications?
[19:25] <Savant> Team One - those on the tail end of a business meeting and interview session - get up and collect their coats. Saske pays with the press of a thumb::
[19:25] <Karas> T2> ::listens quietly to Detro's conversation::
[19:25] <Delgado> T2> ::looks between the two girls curiously::
[19:26] <Ardelmos> T2> ::finishes his dessert and drops the spoon into the bowl, grasping his cup and drinking down the remainder of his coffee::
[19:26] <Mem> T2> ::glances over at the other table when they all stand up, looking to make eye contact with Tynes::
[19:26] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> We know a decent amount. Why?
[19:26] <Detro> T2> Well, we're just kind of curious about what kind of work has been done, since the arrival of Those Who Should Die A Thousand Deaths.
[19:27] <Savant> Server> T2> ::comes over to collect bowls and empty cups, refill coffee, and the like::
[19:27] <Detro> T2> Any sort of big data lines strung up between them and any of their... friends?
[19:27] <Gabriel> T1> ::finishes his wine and approaches Hadren from the left::
[19:27] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> Ah. ::dabs at his mouth with a napkin::
[19:27] <Delgado> T2> ::decides to bridge the conversation as she addresses Chael:: You don't like sweet things?
[19:27] <Gabriel> T1> ::to Hadren:: Perhaps we could remain in the room for a moment after the others leave.
[19:28] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> That's hard information to come by.
[19:28] <Mem> T2> Some of us are exceptionally good at acquiring information, if pointed in the right direction.
[19:28] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> There are some. Not many, and they're all protected.
[19:28] <Detro> T2> How well?
[19:29] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> Of course.
[19:29] <Gabriel> T1> ::nods and sets his wineglass aside::
[19:29] <Gabriel> T1> ::to the server:: Thank you. That was lovely.
[19:30] <Birkin> T1> ::steps out of the room with the other representative, wondering what that brownie was made out of, but giving the Captain his privacy he probably wanted::
[19:30] <Savant> Chael> T2> ::she behaves much like a little adult, in how she speaks and behaves. Ther'es only an occasional fallback:: It's okay, but I think it's better if you only have a little.
[19:30] <Craig> T1>::stands and starts walking to the door thanking the server once more as he passes::
[19:30] <Mem> T2> ::continues monitoring Tynes with occasional glances, but listens to Raballo and Hadren::
[19:30] <Savant> Server> T1> ::smiles at Tynes::
[19:31] <Melissa> T1>::finishes her wine and quickly follows after Birkin and Craig::
[19:31] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::rubs his chin:: Depends on the line you tap. I can show you what I mean some other time. Dont' have all my data here.
[19:31] <Gabriel> T1> ::again, to the server:: If you could see to it that we have some privacy for a few minutes, that would be most helpful.
[19:31] <Delgado> T2> ::arches an eyebrow, smirking slightly at Chael:: Oh? And why is that?
[19:32] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: We should set up that meeting then...
[19:32] <Savant> Server> T1> ::nods:: Of course. If you'd come with me, please. ::leads Tynes and Hadren into a side room, a private dining room with barely enough room for a table and four chairs::
[19:32] <Karas> T2> ::turns to Raballo:: If you would like my friend...you can send it to me through Jacek. That data could prove extremely useful and we need it soon.
[19:32] <Gabriel> T1> ::turns and gives Birkin a nod, then turns to shield his hand from Hadren's view::
[19:32] <Savant> Mrs. Saske leads the other elements of Team One outside, ontot he street. the stars are bright, and up here the ruddy neon glow of Gomorrah is mostly underfoot. Above is only the bright white specks of tower lights, and the bright white specs of the stars.
[19:33] <Gabriel> T1> ::once his hand is shielded, points to Saske and gives the Gear hand signal for "escort target"::
[19:33] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> She puts *three* spoons of sugar in her tea ::makes a face at Chael::
[19:33] <Mem> T2> We'll arrange for that later on, as I said before. We have a lot to discuss and share.
[19:33] <Ardelmos> T2> ::clears his throat and pushes back from the table:: Pardon me a moment... ::leaves the table and heads for the washroom, but changes his direction towards the exit before long as the bulk of team 1 leaves::
[19:34] <Gabriel> T1> ::once that's done, thanks the server and follows Hadren toward the indicated room::
[19:34] <Mem> T2> ::nods at Roland when he gets up::
[19:34] <Melissa> T1>::takes a moment to take in the night sky above before glancing around at her surroundings::
[19:34] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::grins mildly:: I'll bring it next we meet. When will that be?
[19:34] <Delgado> T2> ::stifles a laugh:: Well, there's nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you clean your teeth. ::grins::
[19:34] <Detro> T2> ::nods at Karas:: Even better then.
[19:35] <Birkin> T1> ::lets out a light exhale, giving only the slightest nod in acknowledgement before he turned and went with the others:: (vqw) Here goes nothing.
[19:36] <Savant> Aleksis> T2> Every night. And this ice cream isn't too sweet.
[19:37] <Gabriel> T1> ::follows Hadren into the room and closes the door behind them::
[19:37] <Savant> The side room that Tynes and Hadren are in is a miniature version of the private dining hall, complete with a small glassed-in fireplace. It's cozy and warm, and Tynes can hear the familair near-silent hum of a noise generator pop on.
[19:38] <Ardelmos> T2> ::glances outside and waits for the group to get a little distance from the door before slipping outside and moving into the shadows::
[19:38] <Delgado> T2> ::nods:: Well then there's no such thing as too many sweets.
[19:38] <Detro> T2> And as I said, if you need assistance with anything, let us know. Pass it on through Karas here.
[19:38] <Savant> Chael> T2> ::Gathers up her breath to reply to Aleksis in some sort of a retort::
[19:38] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> Chael, Aleksis. Behave.
[19:39] <Birkin> T1> ::looks around, trying to seem impaitent at the idea of waiting::
[19:39] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::crosses her arms outside:: So.
[19:39] <Delgado> T2> ::smirks at Raballo:: Sorry.
[19:39] <Gabriel> T1> ::smiles slightly:: You're assuming that the customer I can bring to the door is a crop. Let's assume that it's... somewhat bigger.
[19:39] <Melissa> T1> Lovely sky
[19:39] <Gabriel> <<*corp>>
[19:39] <Craig> T1>::glances about, then looking to saske:: so, is there anything more you'd like to know about us?
[19:39] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> I will. You bring special talents that we could certainly make use of.
[19:40] <Karas> ::Karas twitches slightly at the stranger chastising Aleksis...but lets it go::
[19:40] <Karas> <<T2>>
[19:40] <Mem> T2> And you know things we can make use of, also. Everyone wins.
[19:40] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> ::grins a small girn at Delgado, as if he were used to this sort of event between the two::
[19:41] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> Lovely sky. ::pauses:: Don't know. I have a few questions, but I'm not sure if I want to ask them right now.
[19:41] <Mem> T2> I want to be able to get back to you about the investments we talked about before, also. But there will be restricted ways to get in touch, as you can probably understand.
[19:41] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::nods:: Let's assume that. What sort of volume are we talking about, and what sort of rate will they accept?
[19:42] <Karas> T2> ::Karas turns to Mem and smiles:: Thats where I come in...
[19:42] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> Let's set up another meeting. When's good for you and your friends?
[19:43] <Karas> T2> As soon as possible I would assume...::turns to Mem and Detro for confirmation::
[19:43] <Savant> The two girls finish their desserts and sip on their cold chocolate milk, and return to being the docile, quiet creatures they were before.
[19:43] <Mem> T2> ::glances at Karas:: You'll be less available than you used to be, but yeah... I'm sure you'll be the point man.
[19:43] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: About that. Some time perhaps to gather information first?
[19:43] <Melissa> T1>::glances at Saske and shrugs::
[19:44] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::Shrugs:: if you like.
[19:44] <Savant> Saske Orwend> T1> ::looks pointedly at the Talons:: Where are you from?
[19:44] <Gabriel> T1> I am not a contracts negotiator. For the purposes of this, you may consider me a broker. ::drops the slightly subservient mein he adopted during the interview process:: You said your company would probably risk selling to Atlantis. Would you risk selling to Terra Nova?
[19:45] <Ardelmos> T1> ::tightens somewhat in the darkness as he hears Saske's question float through the air::
[19:45] <Detro> T2> I mean, not too much. ::looks at Kara:: No more than a week I'd think, for sure.
[19:45] <Detro> T2> ?
[19:46] <Craig> T1>::nods, having come to the same roadblock of not wanting to ask or reveal too much at the moment::we'll probably be able answer anything once Mikhail and Hadren join us
[19:46] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::pauses for a very long time, first staring at Tynes, then at the fire. Finally he manages to find some words:: I'm a businessman. I go where the business is. And I don't think that the CEF is going to be good business for too much longer. I've seen the trends.
[19:46] <Karas> T2> I think a week will be fine, although I would like to get that "data" from Mr. Tir right away...the trail may grow cold and it could help us with gathering information.
[19:46] <Detro> T2> Oh, definitely.
[19:47] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> I'll pass it along later tonight.
[19:47] <Ardelmos> T1> ::relaxes every so slightly, though he was surprised that Craig said what he did as opposed to telling the corpswoman that they were elite operatives from another planet::
[19:47] <Karas> T2> Can you send it through the usual channels Jacek?
[19:47] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::nods:: Of course. Stay up late, i don't want to leave it as a message.
[19:48] <Birkin> T1> ::begins to look around, trying to see if he can spot anyone paying them attention::
[19:48] <Karas> T2> I will friend...I am at your disposal.
[19:48] <Gabriel> T1> ::nods:: Very frankly, my business is putting the CEF out of business. However. In the meantime, I can arrange to help solve your materials problem. And if you want a serious process-oriented facilitator in your company, I can provide that, too.
[19:49] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::grins:: Oh, and we'll see you at the recital? I'll send time and place to you.
[19:49] <Gabriel> T1> But, those offers come not only with a new customer, but a number of... ::smiles slightly:: risks, to your business.
[19:49] <Mem> T2> ::glances between Karas and Jaceksen, hoping the trust there was genuine and deserved::
[19:49] <Karas> Yes...I'll probably be bringing a friend ::looks at Delgado and then back to Jacek:: So save me an extra seat ::grins::
[19:49] <Detro> T2> ::moves his chair back, as the meeting seems to be breaking up::
[19:50] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::grins, widely:: I have different visions for the colonial branch of the company than our biggest customer.
[19:51] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> ::nods and then stands as the server shows up with the bill. He drapes his greatcoat over his shoulders as he pays::
[19:51] <Gabriel> T1> Then... ::chuckles:: it's a terrible pity that you and I probably won't be able to come to terms about employment.
[19:51] <Savant> Jaceksen Stihl> T2> I'll send it with the package tonight. I look forward to seeing all of you again, too.
[19:52] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: As do I.
[19:52] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::Smirks:: I have a question. If you want to answer it.
[19:53] <Gabriel> T1> If I can, I will.
[19:53] <Karas> ::Karas dispenses with ceremonies and hugs Jacek, then turns to little Aleksis:: I'll see you later sweety...
[19:53] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> Terra Nova. What's it like?
[19:53] <Savant> The girls collect their coats, and Raballo drapes his over his shoulder. Seems like the second dinner party is breaking up as well.
[19:54] <Detro> T2> ::stands up and makes his way to Delgado... she seemed in distress earlier, so he just wants to make sure she's okay::
[19:55] <Delgado> T2> ::stands up with the group then eyes Detro as he walks over, then shifts her attention to the girls and smiling at them::
[19:55] <Gabriel> T1> We struggle with our better and lesser selves, just like on Caprice. And we struggle with our planet, every day. What's Terra Nova like? She's not tamed. ::grins, showing lots of teeth:: No, not tame at all. Maybe never.
[19:56] <Savant> Raballo di Tir> T2> We'll keep in touch. Let's go, Chael.
[19:56] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::grins widely and extends his hand to Tynes:: I look forward to seeing her.
[19:56] <Detro> T2> ::quietly, to Delgado:: Feeling better?
[19:57] <Delgado> T2> ::whispers softly to Detro:: If I get past the tanks alive, sure.
[19:58] <Detro> T2> :Very Happy: If they break, I'll be sure to leap between them and you. No worries.
[19:58] <Mem> T2> ::stands up and finishes his coffee, glancing around at the others::
[19:58] <Birkin> T1> What kind of deal is he brokering in there. sheesh
[19:58] <Gabriel> T1> Tell me something: how much does it cost you, when you have to destroy two of the production run for QA testing?
[19:59] <Savant> The second team starts making their way out of the restaurant, passing by the two huge tanks of water on their way
[19:59] * Ryco is now known as Dimitri
[19:59] <Mem> T2> ::shakes hands with the two men and then heads towards the exit::
[20:00] <Delgado> T2> ::keeps her eyes fixed forward, trying not to stare at the tanks as she walks by::
[20:00] <Detro> T2> ::follows behind Delgado, ready to push her out if she freaks::
[20:01] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::purses his lips:: Yearly? Probably five or six mil.
[20:01] <Mem> T2> ::steps out of the restaurant and into the gathering area outside::
[20:01] <Melissa> T1>::pulls out her pda and begins doing some basic drone designing::
[20:01] <Karas> ::stays close to Mem::
[20:01] <Karas> <<T2>>
[20:01] <Gabriel> T1> No, no. You misunderstand me. If you pulled two of the most recent guns off the lines and logged them with the CEF as destroyed in QA testing.
[20:01] <Gabriel> T1> How much does that cost?
[20:01] <Craig> T1>::takes the shiny new PDA he purchased earlier that day out of his suit pocket and fiddles with it for a moment before looking up at birkin:: probably getting a head start on the colony contracts without us ::chuckles::
[20:02] <Mem> T2> ::glances at his watch::
[20:02] <Savant> Just by coincidence, the two teams end up cliustered in two barely-distinct groups. Jaceksen waves a familiar, but professional wave at Saske before he, Raballo, and their two wards head off down the road from where they came::
[20:03] <Dimitri> ::Having been with team one the entire time, steps out of the restaurant. Staying in the group.::
[20:03] <Detro> T2> ::pats his stomach:: Good food.
[20:03] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> Oh! ::shrugs:: Depends how we did it. If we did it peacemeal as unfit parts, proably twenty, twenty five thou. Wholesale? seventy five, eighty. All depends.
[20:03] <Mem> T2> ::to Detro, not too loudly:: It was okay.
[20:04] <Detro> T2> Nonsense. Very filling.
[20:04] <Mem> T2> I've had better.
[20:04] <Gabriel> T1> Seventy five. How hard would it be to book that explanation to the CEF, and sell them to me?
[20:04] <Mem> T2> When we get back, I'll show you.
[20:04] <Gabriel> T1> I might have a use for them.
[20:04] <Mem> T2> ::smirks:: Well, when it's rebuilt.
[20:05] <Detro> T2> ::snort:: As if there's any good places to eat in BFT Heights.
[20:05] <Mem> T2> ::smirk fades into more of a grim smile, and then his eyes scan the crowd::
[20:07] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::purses his lips:: I'll give it to you for eighty if you take an information package at the same time. We've been bitten by Manchurian Exoterran lately, and we'd like to see faith in their stock drop a few points.
[20:07] <Mem> T2> All right. Well, I guess we're done here. ::checks his watch again::
[20:08] <Gabriel> T1> ::frowns a bit:: That's... quite direct.
[20:09] <Dimitri> ::flips through his datapad, his stomach very satisfied with that neptune tuna.::
[20:09] <Gabriel> T1> Certainly not beyond our capabilities, of course. Still, not what I've traditionally been in the business of doing. Define "bitten."
[20:09] <Detro> T2> ::nods:: After you, oh auspicious leader.
[20:10] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> Welcome to Gomorrah ::grins:: They're moving to buy out our mineral suppliers, and we won't get nearly as good a deal with Manchurian. It would put a serious cut into our profits. And Manchurian isn't even Caprician.
[20:12] <Savant> Team Two heads out to the train station, strolling along with the light crowds - there's never a "rush hour" even here, but this area seems a little slower paced. The traffic's all below.
[20:12] <Detro> T2> ::as Mem doesn't seem to react to that:: Uh, train station's over there chief. ::points::
[20:12] <Gabriel> T1> Let me investigate it and get back to you. I'm certainly no supporter of Earth corps.
[20:12] <Ardelmos> T2> ::grunts and slips out of the shadows as the rest of team two begins to head out, falling into line with the rest of them::
[20:13] <Mem> T2> ::heads down the plaza towards the train station with the rest of the team::
[20:13] <Mem> T2> ::looks back to Roland:: How'd that go?
[20:13] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::he nods:: Keep in touch, I'll get you what I can.
[20:13] <Detro> T2> ::follows along, a bit smug::
[20:13] <Gabriel> T1> ::nods and offers his hand:: Thank you for the excellent dinner.
[20:13] <Karas> T2> ::Karas makes sure to look around for tails before following the rest of Team 2::
[20:13] <Ardelmos> T2> Hnh? How'd what go? ::thumbs over his shoulder:: Just makin' sure no funny business went down when they dragged the group outside.
[20:14] <Mem> T2> That's what I meant
[20:14] <Savant> Hadren Guilles> T1> ::Shakes Gabriel's hand:: And thank you for the intriguing opportunity.
[20:14] <Ardelmos> T2> ::shrugs:: Seems quite clear on who we are and what we want, but they don't care.
[20:15] <Gabriel> T1> ::shakes his hand, then opens the private room door and holds it open for Hadren::
[20:15] <Delgado> T2> ::continues to walk with the group, just cruising::
[20:16] <Craig> ::walks along looking around occasionally as he continues fiddling with the PDA::
[20:16] <Savant> FAST FORWARD -- Black Talon 05 has reconvened at a safehouse provided by Baldren, down in Beta of Gallot Hub. It's a crowded urban mess outside, but inside3 the bare-bones apartment it's quiet enough. Heavy soundproofing, obviously
[20:17] <Melissa> T1>::finishes the basic sketch and shakes her head, the design needed to be smaller and more compact...::
[20:17] <Gabriel> ::enters the room, taking off his sword and setting it near the door::
[20:17] <Detro> ::is working on writing up his notes on the meeting::
[20:17] <Dimitri> ::Uploads the data from his hui unit to his info pad. Resting on the couch.::
[20:17] <Mem> ::leans back on the sofa, jacket and shirt unbuttoned and relaxing after the walk and meal::
[20:18] <Ardelmos> ::sits in a lounger with his feet up on an ottoman, having changed out of the 'good' clothes and back into something more comfortable::
[20:18] <Mem> ::sticks his feet up on the coffee table::
[20:18] <Karas> ::Karas immediately heads for his street clothes he brought with him in a bag...he needed to change::
[20:18] <Gabriel> So. Comments. Observations. ::has a seat on the couch, pulling his duffel from underneath one of the side tables::
[20:18] <Karas> ::CorpSerf uniforms were not very comfortable...::
[20:19] <Ardelmos> They seem pretty fucking cavalier about....us.
[20:19] <Detro> ::grins:: Karas' contacts are as good as gold if they deliver.
[20:19] <Melissa> ::sits cross-legged in the corner with her 'new' drone:: Very interesting
[20:19] <Detro> And I'm sure they will.
[20:19] <Gabriel> ::pulls his data glove from the duffel and pulls it on:: Cavalier? In what way?
[20:19] <Dimitri> ::Glances over at Gabriel.:: They did seem very over the top with us. Very Cavalier as Ardel said.
[20:20] <Mem> Gold, indeed. Lots of money we can get our hands on to maneuver for something later.
[20:20] <Delgado> ::sits down in a chair and crosses her arms, watching everyone go about their business::
[20:20] <Craig> ::chuckes at roland's comment:: seems like we were all trying to avoid coming right out and saying we hate the CEF
[20:20] <Karas> ::comes out of the room wearing a black tunic and jeans:: They'll deliver...which reminds me...I need to access your computer. Okay with you guys if I crash here until I get the info?
[20:21] <Ardelmos> ...straightforward. No beating around the bush. Not that I mind...it's just...creepy.
[20:21] <Detro> Eh, I would have liked a little more straightforward than what they were. I'm pretty sure he was aware of just who we are.
[20:21] <Gabriel> ::laughs:: That's nearly everyone on Caprice, Senior Sergeant.
[20:22] <Ardelmos> ::grunts::
[20:22] <Gabriel> The good news: we've got Mariss in our corner, and we have an opportunity not only to purchase a couple of those railguns, but establish a permanent liaison.
[20:22] <Melissa> ::double checks the motor connections and traces along the lines to make sure everything is properly connected::
[20:23] <Detro> ::grunts:: Damn. That was easy.
[20:23] <Detro> ::looks at Roland:: Oh, I'm sorry. Were you going to say that? ::grins::
[20:23] <Mem> I have a feeling we can extend even deeper than a few arms purchases if we need to.
[20:23] <Ardelmos> ::grunts...again::
[20:24] <Detro> ::grins, turns back to the conversation::
[20:25] <Craig> ::nods to detro:: yeah i'm pretty sure they knew we weren't looking for work halfway through the first interview
[20:25] <Karas> I think we should continue contact with Jacek and Raballo, Jacek isn't an issue, but Raballo should be kept close if his data is good.
[20:25] <Birkin> Knew I should have worked better on my acting
[20:26] <Ardelmos> So when do I get to shoot one of these railguns?
[20:26] <Detro> ::chuckles at Craig, then nods at Karas:: Agreed. I'm especially interested to see what they can get on the KSM-CEF funding connection. I mean, Mem and I are pretty good at getting into data, but the Capricians know their systems best. They'll probably have their hands in before dinner. :Very Happy:
[20:26] <Birkin> Yeah. I need to take one appart.
[20:26] <Detro> ((hands on it))
[20:27] <Gabriel> ::frowns:: That's where the word "opportunity" comes in. Hadren wants us to do something to hurt a company called Manchurian Exoterran.
[20:27] <Melissa> Birkin? How easy would it be to add a feature to the weapon's electronics?
[20:27] <Delgado> ::digs out her mediglove and slips it on, starting to enter data on it. She speaks casually to anyone who listens, but aimed at no one specific:: ... Those children were strange. Very, very strange.
[20:27] <Mem> ::looks at Tynes:: I think we should start making some investments. We have some people out there now who know how to work in this kind of corporate environment, and I think we can really start building a local source of funds and property that we can manage ourselves. Right under the nose of our enemy.
[20:27] <Gabriel> So, we need to do some research. I'm obviously not morally opposed to hurting an Earth-based corp. But I want to make sure this is justified.
[20:27] <Ardelmos> So who do I have to shoot with a normal gun before we get the railgun?
[20:27] <Birkin> ::shrugs:: Depends on the weapon and the kind of electronics we have
[20:28] <Gabriel> ::nods at Mem:: Permission granted, Lieutenant.
[20:28] <Melissa> ::places the scorpion drone down and pulls out some tools to start putting in the motors she found::
[20:28] <Detro> ::snort:: Justified? ::jerks a thumb at Mem:: Far be it for me to play the bleeding Northie, but I'd say Lyonesse is a pretty good justification.
[20:28] <Melissa> Well, I was thinking of something in the way of a receiver that, if it received a certain signal, would cause the weapon system to be disabled
[20:29] <Craig> sounds like a show of faith to them, help them keep above their competition in return for their cooperation
[20:29] <Birkin> Sounds more like a programming thing. I could help whoever writes it though
[20:29] <Mem> ::nods at Tynes then glances at Detro:: I agree... though if I had to pick someone to hurt, it'd be Krynn Rasuul, and it'd be right between the eyes. ::glances at Roland, also::
[20:29] <Ardelmos> Two clicks.
[20:30] <Melissa> ::nods in response as she removes a couple of plates:: Just a thought that's been stewing in my brain since looking at the assembly line there...
[20:30] <Gabriel> ::makes some notes on his dataglove, then links it to the room's network interface and pulls up basic information on Manchurian Exoterran::
[20:30] <Detro> ::nods at Craig:: And to add to what Craig said, if we can help bottle up some of the EarthieCorps, it'll get the CID to back off the Caprician Corps backs so they can protect their own planet's corps.
[20:32] <Melissa> ::begins to insert the first motor, carefully, then proceeds with making all the necessary connections::
[20:32] <Birkin> You mean sabatoge the CEF before the items even get off of the line?
[20:32] <Gabriel> ::smiles tightly at something on the screen::
[20:32] <Delgado> ::glances up from her glove and looks at Karas:: Why do you know cybernetic children? ... Hell, why are they cybernetic?
[20:32] <Detro> Cyberwhatis?
[20:33] <Craig> ::looks at detro:: maybe even try to discredit an earther corp, make the CEF believe it's not worth it keeping them on caprice?
[20:33] <Gabriel> ::casually:: Looks like we're going to wipe out a mining facility. ::checks to see if there's any data where the Manchurian facility is being built::
[20:33] <Ardelmos> Sounds fun. Wetwork, or just blowing shit up?
[20:33] <Detro> ::shakes head at Craig:: It'd never work. I mean, those corps have got to be in tight with the CEF to be here, so the CEF's going to... ::blinks at Tynes::
[20:33] <Dimitri> Wouldn't it hurt the stock more to make it look like Manchurian was at fault?
[20:34] <Detro> ::frowns and pulls out his own data glove and loads up their inventory::
[20:34] <Karas> ::looks at Delgado:: They were both rescued from abusive homes...when me and Jacek got to Aleksis' home she was near death. Hakkar's Social Welfare Agency saved her life and Jacek took her in. Since then we have been close friends.
[20:34] <Delgado> ::gestures at Karas:: Those girls sitting with us that he knows. They're rebuilt. Major cybernetics. And drugs... ::drifts off and goes back to playing with her glove:: Strange drugs...
[20:35] <Detro> Craig, how many satchel charges we have left?
[20:35] <Birkin> So we're gonna do it?
[20:35] <Birkin> ::tries to see what made the Captain so keen to do it::
[20:35] <Gabriel> KSM is heavily invested in them. That alone would seem to make it worthwhile.
[20:35] <Detro> I mean, do we have enough to bring down critical parts of a mining facility?
[20:35] <Birkin> Mmm. Two dawgs with one MAC round...
[20:36] <Melissa> Hmm, if the mining facility fails, KSM loses a lot of money...
[20:36] <Gabriel> ::nods at Birkin and Melissa::
[20:36] <Delgado> What about Chael?
[20:36] <Mem> ::nods:: I'll start figuring out how we can make some money off of our attack, too. KSM and Manch both should take a dive if we go in there and bust some heads.
[20:36] <Dimitri> Wouldn't it be better to fake an accident for this facility?
[20:36] <Karas> I'm assuming Chael is the same.
[20:37] <Melissa> ::absently:: last time I checked, terrorist strikes fall under "accident"...
[20:37] <Karas> I've never seen her before tonight...nor Raballo, but if he is with Jacek I trust him.
[20:37] <Gabriel> ::shrugs at Dimitri:: It would seem to be worthwhile to send a message.
[20:37] <Ardelmos> Accidents are much less newsworthy than 'terrorist strikes', yes.
[20:37] <Delgado> ::just nods to herself::
[20:38] <Melissa> ::opens some more of the plates and looks for a spot for the second motor::
[20:38] <Detro> Actually sir, if this mining facility is far enough away from the Liberati, I say we make this as public a strike as possible. Force the CEF to redeploy in that region?
[20:38] <Mem> ::nods, looking at Dimitry:: Nothing subtle about what we do. Not much anymore.
[20:38] <Dimitri> ::Nods. :: I see.
[20:38] <Delgado> Interesting... ::mutters to herself as she searches her glove::
[20:39] <Karas> Something wrong Delgado?
[20:39] <Gabriel> Looks like they've got two facilities being built. One of them is on the north rim of the Sigma Depression, one of them is south of the Cora mountain range.
[20:39] <Gabriel> Opposite sides of the planet. But Sigma, of course, is Van Saar country.
[20:39] <Birkin> The Depression? I haven't been there in a while ::grins::
[20:39] <Gabriel> Might be worthwhile to see if the Van Saars are morally opposed to dealing with that one.
[20:40] <Detro> ::his face involuntarily brightens when he mentions "Van Saar"::
[20:40] <Karas> Are we going out of town again?
[20:40] <Delgado> ::chews on her lip, barely aware of Karas as she answers slowly:: ... I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. Dunno...
[20:40] <Craig> ::to detro:: i haven't been able to update our inventory lately but my guess would be around 26-28
[20:40] <Birkin> Are we gonna give this thing the full Talon treatment? Aka burn disparaging remarks into the sides of the base? Or just a quick in and out?
[20:40] <Detro> ::And then when he mentions possible moral issues, his face falls a bit:: Oh. ::looks at Craig:: Question is, would that be enough? I mean, a mining facility... that's gotta be tough, right?
[20:40] <Birkin> I've been trying to work on how to tell someone how to have carnal relations with their own mother in Siberian
[20:42] <Craig> ::shrugs:: enough to make it look like an accident maybe, not completely destroy it but it'd push their completion date back, even delays are costly
[20:42] <Karas> ::turns back to Delgado:: If there is something wrong with Aleksis...I want to know...::a definite hard tone creeps into Karas' voice as he speaks...his mood seeming to shift in seconds::
[20:43] <Melissa> ::checks the last connections and makes sure that the motors are firmly mounted on the frame before replacing the body plates:: Let's see if you can walk now little guy ::places the scorpion on its legs and turns the power on::
[20:43] <Gabriel> ::nods:: One seriously damaged and one wiped out would give Mariss more than what they ask for, send them a series of strong messages, send the CEF a message that ice ships aren't the only things they have to guard, and of course, tick off our old friends at KSM.
[20:43] <Detro> ::frown:: Somehow I don't think that's enough. I mean, if we're going to have an impact, we have to put them back on square one. Make them have to decide to give up the whole thing as a loss or rebuild everything. Not just part of everything.
[20:44] <Melissa> Destroy the equipment...buildings are cheap. Equipment on the other hand, that is a major investment
[20:44] <Birkin> Collapse the building on top of the equipment. Unless we want to nuke it or something.
[20:44] <Delgado> ::speaks while chewing on her lower lip, making her words sound strange:: The drugs. Not your normal stuff. Damn savvy hypnotraining drugs. Top shelf stuff on children, continuously. With extensive cybernetics. ... And it's all charity? ::shakes her head as she continues to look into it:: Those are some big hearts and bigger pockets....
[20:45] <Birkin> Saaay now. the Liberati have nukes.
[20:45] <Detro> Hmm. Potential problem -- what if there are people IN the building?
[20:45] <Birkin> Colaborators who work for the betterment of Earth and their puppet companies.
[20:45] <Birkin> Watch me weep and pour some booze on the floor.
[20:45] <Detro> Collaborators? Like those people you saw working at Mariss?
[20:46] <Birkin> This isn't Mariss. This is an -Earther- company
[20:46] <Detro> Let us not forget, there are hypno-trained Liberati prisoners out there.
[20:46] <Detro> In the Trench, or maybe repurposed outside.
[20:46] <Gabriel> Likely an Earther company with Capricians working ther.e
[20:47] <Detro> ::nods at Tynes:: Whatever we do, we need to give those people time to suit up and get to shelter... if such a thing exists that isn't the mining facility itself.
[20:47] <Gabriel> If it's not too heavily guarded, we can... "encourage" people to depart the facility before we start destroying populated buildings.
[20:47] <Gabriel> Badly demoralized employees serve our purpose more than dead employees.
[20:47] <Ardelmos> ::frowns:: That takes away the element of surprise.
[20:47] <Ardelmos> More time for the security forces to respond.
[20:47] <Karas> ::calms a little:: The drugs I knew about, she has repressed a lot of what happened to her...as for the big pockets...Hakkar likes to make its "charities" public, Aleksis is a powerful commercial tool to them...but in the end she recieves good care so I remain quiet.
[20:48] <Gabriel> ::shrugs:: Obviously, we can evaluate on-site security and make a determination.
[20:48] <Craig> a few well placed explosions maybe then roland?
[20:48] <Melissa> Not if we move into a position where they cannot send for help. We can get in, take control of the facility and then let the people out
[20:48] <Detro> And what would you do Roland? Condemn everyone in that facility to death because they're in the wrong place at the wrong time?
[20:48] <Mem> Sigma is also where they know we were not too long ago. If we go back there, we'll need to be especially sure.
[20:48] <Mem> I'm interested in the Cora site myself. New location, doesn't give the CEF a head start.
[20:49] <Ardelmos> ::glances at Detro:: You mean like everyone up on Heaven when we nuked the shit out of it?
[20:49] <Gabriel> Monolith.
[20:49] <Detro> THAT couldn't be avoided. This can.
[20:50] <Delgado> ::glances up at Karas:: And Jacek has two highly modified girls? Starting a collection, eh?
[20:50] <Ardelmos> Couldn't be...dude, we threw a couple of nukes into it. We could have, I dunno...not?
[20:50] <Gabriel> There's another clear difference. Monolith and Liberty were dedicated sites. They had one purpose.
[20:50] <Karas> ::to the group:: If you kill civilians publicily like that you'll find a lot of doors will close to you. The CEF will spin it like you wouldn't believe...
[20:51] <Birkin> How did you even survive in the army before this? Why are you even worrying about the casualties that might occur of people who are willingly aiding those who are trying to conquer our world.
[20:51] <Detro> ::nods at Tynes, and Karas:: The last thing we need is a news story with shots of mutilated civilian bodies and footage of us being the ones that did it.
[20:51] <Ardelmos> Nothing they haven't done already. Even if we don't kill anybody, they'll still say we slaughtered a bunch of civilians.
[20:51] <Dimitri> Detro, to be frank. I'm sure Ardel doesn't hold other peoples lives in high regard. Arguing it with him is pointless.
[20:51] <Mem> ::glances at Birkin:: Chill pill, Boomer. ::smirks:: We'll work it out.
[20:52] <Detro> ::mutters something about Birkin being a Blacktongue Serpent, not a Black Talon::
[20:52] <Gabriel> ::nods agreement with Mem:: Your concerns are well-founded, Mister Karas, Sous-Sergent Detro.
[20:52] <Birkin> ::gives Mem a 'are you fucking serious' look before shaking his head:: Fine. All I've ever done is pull the trigger anyway. You figure out the moral high ground.
[20:52] <Delgado> ::shakes her head at the sudden group outburst::
[20:52] <Gabriel> As I said, we'll evaluate on-site security. If I feel that we can warn the civilian population without undue risk to ourselves, we'll do it, even if it causes the loss of the element of surprise.
[20:53] <Detro> ::looks relieved::
[20:53] <Karas> ::looks Delgado straight in the eye::...Jacek's motives might seem wrong, but he cares for Aleksis...she was dying and this was her only way out...I do not condone all of what is being done, I hate the use of drugs, but if it means she will live a happy and carefree life then I will let it go.
[20:53] <Mem> The CEF can spin anything, anytime, whether civilians are killed or not. Don't worry about their propoganda... it doesn't work on many people, or we wouldn't be here right now.
[20:54] <Dimitri> There's a big difference between someone making up propaganda about us committing murder, and us actually doing it. I joined the army to fight enemies. Not slaughter noncombatants.
[20:54] <Melissa> Mem, Earth has been here 20 years...and their propaganda has been aimed at the kids since that time...who do you think is going to be taking over the corporations in the next few years?
[20:54] <Ardelmos> Deja Vu, fuck.
[20:55] <Mem> There are children on both sides of this issue.
[20:55] <Karas> I think you would feel the same way if you had seen her lying on the floor dying...
[20:55] <Gabriel> ::smiles very slightly::
[20:55] <Craig> we'd need to be able to put our own spin on the media
[20:55] <Delgado> ::eyes Karas closely:: So... being reprogrammed and drugged to the gills to -feel- happy and carefree is living to you?
[20:56] <Detro> So we'll deal with what we see when we get there... but we start haphazardly killing off civilians on this planet -- CAPRICIAN civilians -- we are going to pay bloody hell for it.
[20:56] <Ardelmos> Whassername seems to have gotten by doing it so far.
[20:56] <Melissa> ::looks down at her drone, hiding a smile::
[20:56] <Mem> ::shrugs:: And even if the children grow up hating us... the corporations will not. Corporations have one thing in mind. Money. We'll always have a way in, even if our missions here fail. Which they won't.
[20:57] <Dimitri> My Commander. At least took caution to avoid taking noncombatants lives unless it was absolutely necessary. Remember that Ardel.
[20:57] <Gabriel> ::looks at Dimitri and raises his eyebrows::
[20:57] <Melissa> ::looks up at Mem and shakes her head::
[20:57] <Ardelmos> ::blinks::
[20:57] <Ardelmos> Sorry...are we talking about the same person?
[20:57] <Ardelmos> You were there at the train station, yeah?
[20:58] <Detro> ::winces:: Dimitri... bad example.
[20:58] <Detro> ::feels the pain from the wounds up and down his back and legs::
[20:58] <Mem> ::glances at the captain, then at the others:: I feel weird saying it, but here it goes: regardless of what happens out there, you are expected to follow all orders. Unconditionally. We are a team.
[20:58] <Karas> look...come to the recital watch her sing. Then make your decision, but remember this...judge me not, for if it wasn't for us she WOULD be dead, and many other children as well. You didn't have to see her when she relived her past memories, you didn't have to see the fear and pain in those eyes. One day she will be old enough to make her own choices when it comes to the drugs. When that time comes I'll support her anyway I can.
[20:58] <Dimitri> ::Shrugs.:: She did what she had to do in that instance. Unfortunately it was her or the Grel mixed in with the civilians. It wasen't premediated. She didn't go to the station saying. "Yes I'm just going to wipe out everyone in that building." Like your suggesting.
[20:59] <Ardelmos> ::looks over at Tynes:: Is this guy for real?
[20:59] <Melissa> We are a team, yes, but wholesale slaughter of non-combatants puts us in the same boat as the CEF
[20:59] <Craig> ::glances at the others::umm, think we can get back on the subject of what to do about helping mariss?
[20:59] <Karas> ::turns to Ardel:: Are you? You fucking killed an innocent man over nothing! You are nothing more then a junker coldheart Ardel.
[21:00] <Mem> ::looks at Melissa:: There are people responsible for making sure that doesn't happen.
[21:00] <Delgado> ::blinks slowly at Karas then goes back to looking up data on her glove:: Oh yeah. Because that's what hypnotraining is all about. Choices. Just like GREL... free willed sons of bitches they are.
[21:00] <Mem> ::glances at Tynes::
[21:00] <Dimitri> ::Turns back to his datapad dimissively to Ardel ::
[21:01] <Ardelmos> I'm not going over the necessity of that...again...after the Captain has already done so as well.
[21:01] <Birkin> ::wishes he had his still here, ignoring the high minded ideals of the team::
[21:01] <Karas> Yes...we know you follow orders...just like the GREL...you do what must be done right?
[21:02] <Ardelmos> I do what I'm ordered. If you're not going to, then you're in with the wrong crew.
[21:02] <Craig> ::stands and walks over to the little fridge to get a drink::
[21:02] <Detro> ::sighs, trying not to aggravate his wounds again:: ::to Tynes:: Sir, it's entirely up to you. You make the call... I'm not going to be happy shooting at them, but orders are orders.
[21:02] <Delgado> ::quietly looks up from her glove and looks between everyone in the conversation, observing everyone closely::
[21:03] <Karas> Really? Thats funny...I'm in this crew to make sure you stay alive in Gomorrah and insure the success of your mission...tell me Ardel what would you do if that had been a Terranovan and are rolls reversed?
[21:03] <Ardelmos> Same damned thing.
[21:03] <Dimitri> Detro is right. Orders are orders. ::Continues to look at his datapad, typing in several bits of information. A letter of some type.::
[21:03] <Gabriel> ::spreads his hands:: This discussion is hypothetical, at best. I've already said we're going to evaluate on-site security first.
[21:04] <Melissa> ::shrugs to herself as she picks up the almost fully functional drone::
[21:04] <Karas> Then Ardel...you are a sick individual...
[21:04] <Gabriel> I understand your concerns, of course. But in the end, in war, civilians -- and yes, sometimes even innocents -- die.
[21:04] <Birkin> In great numbers too
[21:04] <Mem> ::stands up:: What isn't hypothetical, though, is that this is still a military unit, and you follow orders or people die. People who shouldn't.
[21:05] <Karas> Its no wonder why you retreat to your plants for comfort...because they cannot judge you?
[21:05] <Delgado> I'm not sure I remember Tynes ordering Ardelmos to shoot the face off that injured man.... ::says calmly::
[21:06] <Melissa> ::quietly:: As a commando, I've always thought we were to act as a surgeon does, with percision and accuracy, not like a reg force who specialize in sheer destruction. But that's just my opinion
[21:06] <Detro> So be like them Mem. Lob about weapons that kill indescriminately, at targets chock full of civilians. While you're at it, why not visit the local CEF recruitment office? I hear they like people like you.
[21:06] <Ardelmos> ::glances at Tynes:: Captain, I'm going to have to introduce WFP custom in a minute, here.
[21:06] <Delgado> But, what do I know?
[21:06] <Gabriel> ::raises his eyebrows:: And what custom is that, Senior Sergeant?
[21:07] <Delgado> He kill us all? ::looks somewhat excited::
[21:07] <Craig> ::pops open the beverage and takes a swig::far be it from me to try to get things back on track, you guys keep going about your business...
[21:07] <Ardelmos> ::bares his teeth slightly:: The part where insults to a man's honour are resolved.
[21:07] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:07] <Mem> DRAMA.
[21:07] <Karas> OH! Snap
[21:07] <Savant> let's stop right there before I have to drop to initiative rolls Wink
[21:08] <Karas> It was coming
[21:08] <Craig> hehehe
[21:08] <Mem> Everyone's going batty.
[21:08] <Mem> Well, everyone except Mem. Somehow. Wink
[21:08] <Ardelmos> This isn't new. Roland's dueled team members before when they've gotten.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:08] <Ardelmos> This isn't new. Roland's dueled team members before when they've gotten....lippy.
[21:08] <Gabriel> Lippy. Hee.
[21:08] <Savant> well done! great wrap up conversation there. Best we've had, I think
[21:08] <Detro> Yeah. And technically killed them. Wink
[21:08] <Craig> ::hands roland a mug and postions kara's face aproprietely::
[21:08] <Craig> er karas'
[21:09] <Dimitri> Awe.
[21:09] <Dimitri> I had one last line XD
[21:09] <Dimitri> oh well.
[21:09] <Savant> any comments or questions before I dole out your sweet, sweet XP?
[21:09] <Gabriel> Nope. Great game.
[21:09] <Detro> expee
[21:10] <Karas> Bah save it, Karas only attacked Ardel cause he had the chance. I'm sure there will be more. No hard feelings though Fraser. =)
[21:10] <Delgado> weeee
[21:10] <Dimitri> hoo haw
[21:10] <Karas> Booyah@
[21:10] <Ardelmos> ::shrugs:: Nope. He's just undermining his own position, though.
[21:10] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:10] <Detro> Heh. And just as explanation, were this TN, Detro would be less concerned about the civilians since they wouldn't need air if they left the building.
[21:11] <Savant> heh. Let's give out some expees. I have a big bowl of them here.
[21:11] <Karas> Karas actually cares about his victims, also note the team is still out to jury on the issue. =)
[21:11] <Karas> Ya! XP!
[21:11] <Detro> Do they stay crunchy, even in milk?
[21:11] <Savant> One for the money, two is for teamwork. Let's talk about teamwork. Was there any today?
[21:11] <Dimitri> We teamed up on eachother pretty good at the end
[21:11] <Mem> There's some great stuff happening now, but remember... every character here save Karas is a military veteran of some kind. Pay careful attention to that when your characters start becoming disobedient.
[21:12] <Mem> Not saying you can't do it... but just know that they've been part of a chain of command for years.
[21:12] <LrdVampyre> i can't say for sure, cause i missed the beginning, but the meeting kind of devolved into individuals
[21:12] <Delgado> Worked with Karas to reveal the mystery of the creepy cyber children.
[21:12] <Karas> I agree with Dimitri...plus me, Mem and Detro got some headway finally with Raballo and Jacek.
[21:12] <Craig> hehe well things for going pretty good till we returned to the safehouse, then the idea of team kinda fell apart:)
[21:12] <Dimitri> I haven't made any actual disobedience. It's just been talks
[21:12] <Detro> Heh. Nah, we're still a team. Just one fostering very open discussion
[21:12] <Ardelmos> Roland was able to excuse himself from team 2 and support team 1 when they were shuffled outside.
[21:13] <LrdVampyre> there's a difference between voicing concern and disobeying an order
[21:13] <Savant> Chael and Aleksis are awesome. I wil not have their good names disparaged.
[21:13] <Karas> Meh, Karas wouldn't be there if he didn't respect you guys...he just wasn't satisfied with how the whole thing got shoved under a rug. =)
[21:13] <Ardelmos> An open discussion we have every single time we do something involving explosions. Wink
[21:13] <Mem> I like the idea of people being uncomfortable with collateral kills, but we're so far away from home right now that military justice might take on a new meaning. Wouldn't want to see a complete team overhaul. Wink
[21:13] <Gabriel> There's nothing non-teamwork about that discussion. If anything, it fosters teamwork because everyone sees everyone else's viewpoint.
[21:13] * Delgado grins
[21:13] <Delgado> Awesome creepy children.
[21:13] <Dimitri> Well, I can't deny that Dimitri wouldn't mind Ardel getting hit in the skull by a bullet.
[21:13] <Savant> yeah, you guys need to come to some sort of consensus on the collateral damage thing Wink
[21:13] <Detro> ::snort:: Do it Brad, I wouldn't mind seeing some of you old guard knocked out so Detro could be promoted Wink
[21:13] <Karas> Leave Aleksis out of this!
[21:13] <Karas> =)
[21:14] <LrdVampyre> i think Mel would have been totally fascinated by those kids
[21:14] <Karas> Lol
[21:14] <Mem> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Kids_votd1957.jpg
[21:14] <Savant> two is for teamwork. Three is for storyline. Tell me how the storyline advanced today, and why the elements you mention are important.
[21:14] <Detro> LOL. The storyline didn't advance today. It just took a huge fucking leap. Smile
[21:15] <Delgado> For real.
[21:15] <Savant> so break it up and tell me what you've found Wink
[21:15] <Detro> We've got two corporate allies, data on an attack that'll broadside KSM and an Earther corp for starters.
[21:15] <LrdVampyre> Mariss "provides" services for the CEF, but also sabatoges those same services to an extent, proving that the Corps aren't necessarily in bed with Earth
[21:16] <Karas> Agreed and we've made another ally.
[21:16] <Detro> Then there's securing potential support for sending light rail guns to Terra Nova, though I suspect TN will be allowing the Liberati to "Borrow" them...
[21:16] <Savant> note that Mariss Milspec is close to being one of the top 20 companies in Hakkar.
[21:17] <Mem> Sounds like another good place to invest.
[21:17] <Ardelmos> How much investment capital can we pull together?
[21:17] <Craig> should definetly look into helping boost their standing
[21:18] <Detro> Fraser: As much money as we can make off selling our water during a water shortage.
[21:18] <Gabriel> Nobody even mentioned the thing I thought was interesting. Hadren thinks that the CEF is going to lose.
[21:18] <Ardelmos> Also, what's the skill related to investing in the market? Business?
[21:18] <Gabriel> I wonder how widespread that thought is among high-level Caprician corp executives?
[21:18] <Mem> Or how widespread it will be once we've finished this tour.
[21:18] <Ardelmos> Or what the CEF is going to do about it if word of that gest out...
[21:19] <Ardelmos> *gets
[21:19] <Savant> yes, Business.
[21:19] <Savant> anything else?
[21:19] <Craig> mem, as far as we know, we're on this tour indefinitely, since there's currently no way to get back to terranovan space
[21:19] <Gabriel> There's more, but I want some time to think about it.
[21:20] <Gabriel> The fact that Hadren specifically wanted us to hit another corp -- even an Earth corp -- is interesting as hell.
[21:20] <Savant> sure. That's enough for the point, anyways.
[21:20] <Gabriel> But I'm not sure what it means yet.
[21:21] <Savant> Three is four story. Four is a bonus. You can have four if you tell me how much longer you'd like to be on Caprice before moving on.
[21:21] <Gabriel> I was having Shadowrun flashbacks all last week, and doubly and then triply so this week. Wink
[21:21] <Detro> Hmm.
[21:21] <Savant> heh. good.
[21:21] <Detro> Actually, I have the easiest answer.
[21:21] <Savant> Gomorrah is a shadowrunners' wet dream
[21:21] <Ardelmos> At least a season, I think, if we're going to get something really big accomplished.
[21:21] <Mem> Eeesh, tough question. I'd hate to leave behind Caprice just when we're getting waist-deep in everything. But I can't wait to see a new place.
[21:21] <Detro> When does Kellerton want to sign the marital contracts? Wink
[21:21] <Ardelmos> If we're content with doing a couple of small jobs, building contacts, doing a few hit and runs? Not too long.
[21:21] <Savant> heh. You haven't asked her yet
[21:21] <Detro> Or would she prefer a longer courtship?
[21:21] <Gabriel> ::nods:: We've got two more big things to do, plus two more little things.
[21:22] <Ardelmos> If we're going to make a big splash like we did with Liberty station? At least a season, maybe two. Or more.
[21:22] <Gabriel> Little: Manchurian. Raid Hakkar's files (maybe through Mariss?).
[21:22] <Delgado> Nuuukes.
[21:22] <Gabriel> Big: Bastille Alpha. Finale: Paladin Lots.
[21:22] <Ardelmos> ::grins::
[21:22] <Detro> 2 seasons, maybe 3.
[21:22] <Mem> For Mem, he wants to see Rasuul dead.
[21:22] <Craig> i'm pretty sure he's thinking quid pro quo here, in exchange for giving us railguns or even parts and make it look like they were scrapped or lost during production, we need to do something to ensure their survival as a nearly top 20 corp:)
[21:22] <Ardelmos> Roland really should've killed her when he had the chance.
[21:22] <Mem> Or any of the other leading Caprice-based CEF admirality.
[21:23] <Gabriel> Maybe another 8 or 10 weeks real time to do it all.
[21:23] <Mem> Really? I was thinking more like another 4-6 months real time.
[21:23] <Mem> But it's whatever we want to do, I guess.
[21:23] <Gabriel> Wow, think so?
[21:23] <Delgado> In it for the loooong haul.
[21:24] <Mem> I dunno... feels like we really haven't been on Caprice all that long IC.
[21:24] <LrdVampyre> bastille alpha is going to take a few weeks i think just on its own
[21:24] <Savant> Mariss is two, Hakkar files is one or two, depending on how you do it. Then probably three for each of your big ones. Maybe four.
[21:24] <Savant> so, three or four months realtime.
[21:24] <Savant> that list may change as you discover more, though
[21:24] <Ardelmos> ::nods:: I don't think there's much we can't do in a solid four week block, so long as we've planned well.
[21:24] <Craig> well we did spend a month hanging with the liberati while gabriel recovered from his heroics in the lava tube:)
[21:24] <Gabriel> ::nods:: I can see that, yeah.
[21:26] <Savant> okay! That's four for everyone. Five for Delgado, Dimitri, Melissa, and Karas. Final questions?
[21:26] <Birkin> We should gather more information on the corporations here. It seems like we're a good attack team but if the Talons were to send in a really good team of crackers and pros here. they could put it to better use
[21:26] <Detro> Whoa, where'd I miss one?
[21:26] <Gabriel> The new players are getting a "catch up" point.
[21:26] <Detro> Ah, right.
[21:26] <Craig> hehe
[21:27] <Karas> +1 AGI/WIL, +1 Contacts (x2), +1 Small Arms Spec (Pistols)
[21:27] <Savant> that's it. Well done.
[21:27] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group