Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Transcripts for "Priam's Gambit"
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
03[18:30] * Gabriel (~jester@99-37-68-207.lightspeed.cornca.sbcglobal.net) has joined #bt05
03[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
[18:31] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:31] <@LrdVampyre> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> good evening and welcome yet again to another exciting episode of the Black Talons! I am as always your host.
01[18:32] <@Savant> I will brief you, and then we will talk briefly of logistics before we begin.
[18:32] <@Caelin> ::attn::
01[18:32] <@Savant> so, a brief.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit, Part Two
01[18:33] <@Savant> Morning of 5 Helanus, 462 UC (41AUT46)
01[18:33] <@Savant> Bittern Pass, North of Genethon, Central Sumer
01[18:33] <@Savant> 8 degrees C, slight breeze, clear skies. Moderate radiation levels.
01[18:33] <@Savant> At least some things are as they ought to be on Utopia. The violence and destruction that has been wreaked upon this planet has not changed the fact that morning follows the dawn, and a lovely morning it is proving to be. Bright sunlight, so much like that of Helios, that you can almost imagine yourselves walking through the tall yellow saja grass of the Terranovan steppes bordering the badlands. Almost.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Thank the Prophet for that grass, too, as it is tall enough and brambled enough to conceal your travel, for today you have a mission - scout out the enemy locations with an eye to defending the mountain pass that has been given to you to secure. It is not a large pass, not enough for the enemy to bring a great number of troops, but for an army as small as the Trojans' any threat of surprise is a grave one.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Hovertanks, flying Autos, and dropships - these are what you were told to be aware of and look out for, and to watch for any signs of sudden mobilization. Above all, however, do not give away the presence of the army or imminence of the attack. The fate of the Trojan state and the freedom of Utopia itself depends on it.
01[18:33] <@Savant> ack it.
[18:33] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:33] <@Detro> frACK
[18:33] <@Caelin> ack
01[18:33] <@Savant> questions?
[18:34] <@Gabriel> ::raises:: Moderate radiation levels?
[18:34] <@Marshall> ack
[18:34] <@LrdVampyre> ack
01[18:34] <@Savant> same as the last game. Some spots are a bit patchy, some are clean. Stay in your suits, and watch your tickers. You should be fine.
01[18:35] <@Savant> Now, I have some questions for you, prep for the game mostly.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Firstly, you are going to be outfitted with a Field Computer. It's a fanny-pack, basically, and it can link up to your helmet HUDs, PDAs, etc. Provides tactical information, enemy recognition, etc.
[18:36] <@Marshall> Almost certainly.
01[18:36] <@Savant> someone has to wear this, and it will communicate wirelessly with anyone within ten feet of that person. You cna also make it operate by only connecting if it has a physical link.
01[18:36] <@Savant> who wants it?
[18:37] <@Marshall> Marshall will take it if that's alright.
03[18:37] * Fraser (~nutterbal@CPE001839bd1335-CM001692fade4c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #bt05
03[18:37] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
[18:37] <@Gabriel> Need any particular skill to operate?
03[18:37] * Fraser is now known as Roland
01[18:37] <@Savant> not unless you want to access its higher functions. Then levels of Investigation, high complexity Combat Sense, MEchanics, Electronics might help.
[18:38] <@Detro> ::cough:: Investigation 3/3/+1
[18:38] <@Marshall> My investigation blows.
[18:38] <@Detro> I'll take it, if that's ok. I'm 3/2 or 3/3 on all those.
[18:38] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Detro.
[18:39] <@Detro> Unless wearing it gives me a hernia, which would be very bad under my present circumstances
01[18:39] <@Savant> okay. Cool. Second. How are you getting around?
01[18:39] <@Savant> the Trojans can provide you with a jeep-ish vehicle if you want it.
[18:39] <@Gabriel> What's the Utopian equivalent of an Evil Eye? Do they have one?
[18:40] <@Detro> Did we bring the Spider?
[18:40] <@Gabriel> We did, but we'll bring Gears before we bring the Spiders.
01[18:40] <@Savant> yes, they do. Driver, sensors, and up to two (cramped) passengers. In your armour, one passenger.
01[18:41] <@Savant> they have three points of stealth and two points of active camouflage.
[18:41] <@Gabriel> Low profile?
[18:41] <@LrdVampyre> at this point, i'm assuming that i'll be using drones to help with doing recon
01[18:41] <@Savant> yes. Sensor dome on the hood, and it's got an NAI of its own. If you let it, you can just pick a destination, and it will select the stealthiest route
01[18:42] <@Savant> you may, if you like, Dave. You can take a pair of Slecas if you would like them
[18:42] <@Detro> Pilot/Ground skill to drive it?
[18:42] <@Gabriel> Hm. ::questions the wisdom of General Eyebrow sending his LEAST stealthy units to scout::
01[18:42] <@Savant> yes, Detro. It's wheeled.
01[18:42] <@Savant> That decision was 33% IC and 67% OOC Wink
[18:42] <@Gabriel> ::smirks::
[18:42] <@Detro> Pilot/Ground 3/2/+1.
[18:43] <@Detro> Dunno how that would impact being able to drive and use the "TacPac"
[18:43] <@Caelin> +5 stealth for an ATV isn't bad, the armiger's got +6 total
01[18:43] <@Savant> and besides, he's sent other units to scout. For all you know you're the bait. If you die they get your Gears.
[18:43] <@Caelin> lol
01[18:43] <@Savant> A TacPack is a nuclear weapon. You've got a battlefield NAI Wink
03[18:43] * LrdVampyre is now known as Skritches
01[18:43] <@Savant> taking the stealth car?
[18:44] <@Detro> It's a fanny pack that does tactical things. TacPac Smile
[18:44] <@Gabriel> Melissa will take the stealth car. Caelin in an armiger, the rest of us in Gears.
01[18:44] <@Savant> don't press the red button, then.
[18:44] <@Detro> What does the button do, clog the toilets?
[18:44] <@Gabriel> Our stealth suits are simply not up to this, and if we see something, I'd just as soon not be in unfamiliar vehicles.
[18:44] <@Marshall> Brain Box. TacPac is used =)
01[18:44] <@Savant> Gears. Innnnteresting. Do look at the time of day and confirm your choice for me.
[18:44] <@Gabriel> Melissa can use the extra room in the car for autos.
[18:44] <@Skritches> cool...a jeep all for myself
[18:45] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Which brings me to my next point. We're doing this the night before 5 Helanus, not the morning of.
01[18:45] <@Savant> I'm totally willing to roll with that. And Gears *can* do it. They're still ungodly high stealth. You'll just have to be careful about staying out of sight.
[18:45] <@Gabriel> This "morning stealth" stuff has got to go. Now. Wink
01[18:45] <@Savant> okay, that's acceptable too. No reason you can't rewind a bit.
[18:45] <@Marshall> ::raises::
01[18:45] <@Savant> the Trojans have gotten comfortable with being hidden at all hours Wink
01[18:45] <@Savant> Marshall?
[18:45] <@Marshall> Am I still injured?
01[18:46] <@Savant> three weeks have passed since your last game. You're no longer injured.
[18:46] <@Detro> ::raises and points at Marshall::
01[18:46] <@Savant> a little tender maybe Wink
01[18:46] <@Savant> two or three, can't recall exactly how many days.
[18:46] <@Marshall> !heal 1 heavy
[18:46] <@Gabriel> Yeah, I pretty much confined my movement in Fallout 3 to after sunset. Wink
[18:46] <@Marshall> I know.
[18:46] <@Marshall> In lemos
01[18:46] <@Savant> Smile
01[18:46] <@Savant> wampire
[18:46] <@Gabriel> Daytime was for going into buildings. Wink
[18:46] <@Detro> So that apply to Detro as well or is he still eating mush?
01[18:47] <@Savant> Detro, it's a day *before* last game, for you.
[18:47] <@Marshall> Detro was also injured worse. Wink
[18:47] <@Detro> ...so I'm back to a -2 penalty?
01[18:48] <@Savant> okay. You guys decide on anything else you're taking with you - setting up traps, etc, is ideal
01[18:48] <@Savant> no.
01[18:48] <@Savant> you are not healed any more than you were last game.,
[18:48] <@Detro> OK
[18:48] <@Marshall> Marshall's going to take his usual tech gear, as well.
[18:48] <@Skritches> if possible i would like to have some explosive devices to setup booby traps if I may
[18:48] <@Marshall> http://talons.mcc3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=333
[18:48] <@Birkin> yeah Im taking the mines with me, the ones that Caelin delivered to Birkin
[18:49] <@Caelin> Caelin's taking his standard scout equipment
[18:49] <@Birkin> And I want some SEMTEX and a remote detonator to plant at strategic locations to cause landslides
[18:50] <@Skritches> I'm aiming for damaging, but more importantly psychological impact, like ones where guy steps on mine and the rest of his squad dies and leaves him injured
01[18:50] <@Savant> So, the spookmobile is loaded down with mines and explosives, and a pair of Slecas are riding in the back like german shepherds
[18:50] <@Caelin> hehe
[18:50] <@Skritches> that's an awesome picture
01[18:51] <@Savant> Okay. Do keep in mind tht it will be harder to set mines well in a Gear without digging equipment.
[18:51] <@Caelin> colin needs to draw that now
01[18:51] <@Savant> Slecas can do that well though. They're made for demolitions and sabotage after all.
[18:51] <@Gabriel> Speaking of which, hardpoint mine detectors for Detro and Roland.
01[18:51] <@Savant> well done. Marshall, give me an Electronics/KNO cpx 2, and someone else give me a Computers/KNO cpx 2.
01[18:53] <@Savant> hardpoint mine detectors are go.
01[18:53] <@Savant> anything else?
01[18:53] <@Savant> sounds like no. Let's roll out.
01[18:53] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:53] <@Savant> It is a lovely night on the Genethon. Dark, with only starlight to illuminate the yellow grassy foothills. The white rock of the mountains appears to almost glow under that wan light, but the forest are pitch and the grasses not much more bright. You descend from your mountain and into the steeply rolling hills.
[18:54] <@Skritches> ::is careful to not go too wildly through the terrain, given the amount of explosives on the vehicle with her::
[18:57] <@Detro> ::carefully makes his way down -- last thing he needs is to go runaway::
[18:57] <@Roland> ::the terrain the way it is, Roland avoids the SMS and walks Erinyes down the mountain slowly; thrump, thrump, thrump.
[18:57] <@Roland> ::
[18:58] <@Detro> ::stays as close to the trees as possible::
[18:58] <@Skritches> ::scans the area and looks at her readouts, looking for both potential areas of interest. The bouncing of the jeep rather different from the weight and power of her light tank::
[18:59] <@Gabriel> ::picks his way along the rocks and rough terrain near the ridge, keeping a high overwatch position for the moment and keeping the burst transmitter pointed back the way they came::
01[18:59] <@Savant> The Talons travel quickly and quietly down the small valley from their mountain pass. Directly to the east is a second and much larger valley, where the main column of the Allied forces will be travelling. Yours is smaller and much higher in elevation.
[18:59] <@Caelin> ::slowly works his way down the slope of the mountain, winding through rocky outcroppings and trees::
[18:59] <@Skritches> ::avoiding the gravel, favoring the grass to prevent the tell-tale sign of dirt and dust::
[19:00] <@Marshall> ::steps down the mountain carefully, looking around after every few steps::
[19:00] <@Birkin> ::makes his way down the mountain, checking his surroundings before moving into the nearest cover he can::
01[19:00] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::It's clear that Juno *wants* to skip from hillock to hillock in her Gear, but she's restraining herself to short and quiet hops.::
[19:00] <@Gabriel> ::double-checks again that the Mamba's overly large wheels are in their stowed position:: +com+ Stay off your wheels, everyone. Gears on walker leave walking prints, Gears on wheels do not.
[19:01] <@Gabriel> +com+ Scouts, let's shift north a bit. Roland, farther east. Detro, stick to this side. Everyone else, form a skirmishing line between them and 5 clicks back.
[19:01] <@Roland> ::Erinyes wobbles a little on a piece of unsteady ground as its foot comes down, then continues forward:: +com+ No argument here
[19:01] <@Detro> +com+ ::clicks acknowledgement and continues his movements in the same general area::
[19:01] <@Skritches> ::blinks a little at the com message from the captain but bites her tongue and remains silent::
01[19:02] <@Savant> Before you spreads an impressive sight - The broad exapnse of the Genethon plains. The sight is obscured by copses of hard trees and rolling hills, and the almost ever-present waving grass.
[19:02] <@Roland> ::mutters:: East, right ::clicks his mic and shifts his course outwards::
[19:02] <@Gabriel> +com+ Skritches, hang back a little further still, but you can launch when ready.
[19:02] <@Skritches> +com+ Roger...looking for a spot right now and will launch shortly
[19:04] <@Caelin> ::stops near the bottom of the valley and peeks around with his night vision filters::
[19:04] <@Skritches> ::pulls up near some thicker vegitation and looks back over at the drones, giving them a quick visual inspection before launching them to begin scouting::
01[19:06] <@Savant> Melissa's Slecas each grab one canister of mines and a case of SEMTEX, without being told, and hop off the back of the truck.
[19:07] <@Skritches> ::watches the drones hop off and then goes back to the passive sensors::
01[19:08] <@Savant> You are off of the slope and into the hills proper. Here's where it gets tricky - it's virtually impossible to see into the valleys surrounding your own, and it's impossible to move from one ot the next without cresting the hills and providing silhouettes. There are trees to provide cover, but not everywhere...
01[19:11] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::skirts up to the side of a collection of trees, crouching to stay hidden behind them and using her sensor boom to peer around the corner::
01[19:13] <@Savant> You are in the foothills of the Hittite mountains; your NAI reads this to be Hill B-9-Eth-214. One face of the hill has eroded away into a gravel cliff, complete with a ramp of loose scree upon one side. Slate and shale spread in a broad arc form the hill, with tufts of tough grass setting root amongst the stone. It looks solid, and the ridge is tall enough that a Gear could find ample cover behind it.
[19:13] <@Skritches> ::watches the drones making their way, making sure to keep them as low a profile as possible::
[19:13] <@Gabriel> ::continues to stick to the ridgeline, perhaps 500m to the left of and 4500m behind Detro:: +com+ Scouts, what have you got?
[19:14] <@Roland> +com+ De nada. So exactly how far out did Mr. General Sir want us to go before setting up?
[19:14] <@Detro> ::winces as the brain box digs into his body, but it does prompt him to try something... he glances down at the box:: Got any informationo n this next valley?
01[19:14] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::the Slecas scamper up the height of the ridge's cliff, invisible in the tall grass::
01[19:15] <@Savant> Crowning the hill is light forest; the roots of these trees are gnarled and knotted, as rough as the branches above. These pine trees are broad-limbed and twisted but look healthy, separated as they are from the polluted water table. Cover upon that ridge is ample, in the form of smaller ground-hugging trees and small yellow-green plants with swollen brown fruit.
01[19:15] <@Savant> The gravelly ravine skirts around this hill in a wide, many-streamed braid. The water makes a good amount of noise, though there is little cover to be had there - ancient and dried-out deadwood trees still pierce the sky and make homes for predatory birds, their roots too thick and wood too hard to surrender to time even though they have expired.
[19:16] <@Gabriel> +com+ We'll proceed to the mouth and have a look through, to start. Continue north, but take it slow and easy.
[19:16] <@Marshall> +com+ Esta nada. You're getting rusty, sarge.
01[19:17] <@Savant> 5NAI> *beep* Valley B-9-Eth-214-7. No comments or notes.
[19:17] <@Caelin> ::goes prone and crawls through the grass slowly, popping up just enough to check out his surroundings before continuing a few more meters::
[19:17] <@Birkin> ::clicks a response to the captain, ordering his team to fall in on him as he waits for the scouts to go first before following in the path that seems the most stealthy::
[19:17] <@Detro> +com+ Brain box has nothing on this valley. Just a string of identification references.
[19:17] <@Roland> +com+ If you want. This ridge'd be perfect to ambush any bastards trying to come through. Close pass on this position, and it's unlikely they've already got good scouting on the area.
01[19:18] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Pops up at the same time Caelin pops up; they meet eyes briefly before both disappearing under the grass aain. The Sleca took the touching moment to transmit a burst of information.::
[19:19] <@Gabriel> +com+ Roger that, but let's look at the notch first. It's a good bet that there will be frames among the scouting forces, and we know how well frames do in sharp rises of terrain.
01[19:20] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> :The other one pops its' tail up briefly and transmits to Melissa's car::
[19:20] <@Roland> ::clicks his mic and continues forward towards said notch at the slow pace they'd been maintaining so far::
[19:20] <@Skritches> ::continues to watch the readout from the drones as well as doing visual scans::
[19:21] <@Detro> ::follows the others, trying to stick to cover the best he can with a minimum of excessive movement::
[19:22] <@Caelin> ::acknowledges the transmission and decides to relay the list to birkin:: +com+Lieutenant, what do you think of these locations for the mines?
[19:22] <@Detro> ::off-comm, muttering to the box:: So if all you can tell me is where we are, aren't you just basically a glorified GPS unit?
[19:22] <@Skritches> ::glances at the communication burst from one of the drones and replies affirmatively:: +com+ One of the drones has selected the following points to place some explosives...transmitting co-ordinates now
[19:23] <@Skritches> ::sends a quick burst of information to the team::
01[19:23] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Begin setting up landmines. They are brutally efficient at it; using a spike to stab a hole int he ground, shoving the mine in, activating it, and then concealing it with its hands::
[19:23] <@Birkin> ::pulls up the locations that Caelin has scouted out and thinks about them for a few seconds while crouching down behind some cover::
[19:27] <@Detro> ::looks at the relayed positions of where the mines are being placed::
[19:35] <@Detro> ::then looks at the somewhat open terrain they're heading into, just the hills breaking visuals here and there::
05[19:36] <@Gabriel> <<delete last line>>
[19:36] <@Birkin> +com+ About where I would have placed them. Nice job. ::closes up his tac viewer and goes back to his display of the surrounding areas::
[19:37] <@Skritches> ::hums quietly to herself as she continues to watch and wait::
01[19:37] <@Savant> Roland comes up alongside the ridge and finds himself face-to-snout with a wolf. It looks like it was transplanted from the Northern forests of Terranova and dropped on Utopia.
[19:38] <@Gabriel> ::keeps his position on the west ridge, nearer and behind Detro:: +com+ Don't spread out too much, people. Stick to the west side of the pass for now.
[19:38] <@Caelin> ::clicks the mic as he continues crawling through the grass southwards::
01[19:38] <@Savant> Further down the foothills , to the southwest of the wooded cliff, the serengetti grasses get taller and thicker, though they still shrink to stubble near the river. Trees crown the lower hills here, occasionally swooping between the drier valleys which are dramatic in their pitch. The trees are taller here too, given the distance from the mountain heights.
[19:39] <@Skritches> ::slowly follows behind the team, using the drones as her eyes and ears for the scouting::
[19:39] <@Roland> ::looks down from Erinyes' cockpit, and bends the gear over and moves it's head low::
01[19:39] <@Savant> 5Wolf> ::does what any sane animal does when confronted with a five-meter-tall metal monster; it bolts into the trees::
[19:40] <@Detro> +com+ ::clicks acknowledgement::
[19:41] <@Marshall> +com+ Aircraft. About three. Going to try and ID.
[19:41] <@Detro> ::freezes::
[19:41] <@Roland> +com+ Negative. They're landers.
[19:41] <@Roland> +com+ Probably Tarantulas dropping troops at the enemy camp.
[19:41] <@Caelin> +com+ i see them
[19:41] <@Skritches> ::instinctively looks up to the sky and then quickly back to the displays::
[19:42] <@Detro> ::off-com:: Can you passively identify those aircraft?
[19:42] <@Detro> ::to the brain box::
[19:42] <@Roland> ::relays the imagery of the descending landers back to Tynes so that he can then relay it back to the Trojans -- if the landers took off again from the same location, perhaps the big-ass-cannons could get a shot in::
01[19:43] <@Savant> 5NAI> *beep* Republican Versadyne Rocket Motor. The thrust pattern is indicative of Vestani pattern heavy transports.
01[19:44] <@Savant> Each valley is a potential ambush waiting to happen - an ambush for either side. These hills and dirt cliffs will compartmentalize the battle almost as well as a city's walls might - traversing between each battlefield with any momentum is nearly impossible, and any such sortie will be caught in silhouette upon the ridgeline for far too long.
[19:44] <@Detro> +com+ The brain's telling me that those are NOT CEF landers. Republicans, "Vestani heavy transports".
01[19:44] <@Savant> The valley ahead in specific stands out ideally. A copse of trees hugs the side of one of the two hills and forces anyone through a small grassy pass. The forest is unique in that it seems to have an aquifer of clean water, makin the undergrowth thick and lush, especially at the forest's border. That makes it terrible for travelling through, but perfect for laying traps or ambushing from.
[19:46] <@Birkin> +com+ You see what I see captain? I could have a field day in here planting mines and laying traps for people in that next valley sir. ::looks at the next valley over::
[19:46] <@Gabriel> +com+ Probably the equivalents. Gears to the opposite edges of that copse of trees, let's send the autos into it. Erinyes, Marshall, go east. Uchiwa, Caelin, west. Skritches, Hades, hang back a bit and be ready to back 'em up.
[19:47] <@Marshall> +com+ Castle. Copy.
[19:47] <@Skritches> +com+ Roger
[19:47] <@Detro> +com+ ::clicks acknowledgement, then goes off-comm to the brain:: Can you identify the landing co-ordinates?
[19:47] <@Caelin> +com+right
[19:47] <@Detro> ::swings about to the west::
[19:47] <@Roland> ::clicks his mic and moves east towards the trees::
01[19:48] <@Savant> 5NAI> *beep* C-Twelve-Eff-One-One-Four. Five points degree of error.
01[19:49] <@Savant> The two Slecas stow their grenades and crouch low into the grass, hustling into the cover of the trees like football players in scrimmage. Very sneaky football players.
[19:49] <@Detro> +com+ Captain, I have landing coordinates for those landers...
[19:49] <@Caelin> ::shifts himself around to head west and finds a nice size tree for cover and gets ready to activate the black armor::
[19:50] <@Skritches> +com+ The sleca have spotted something and have gone active stealth...
[19:50] <@Birkin> ::shifts into the back with Skritches preparing to provide support if need be::
[19:50] <@Roland> ::slows his gear to a stop and crouches::
[19:50] <@Gabriel> +com+ Send them over.
[19:50] <@Skritches> +com+ It's a stationary sensor pod
[19:51] <@Detro> ::slows and crouches, then relays:: Charlie Twelve Foxtrox One One Four. Said there was five points degree of error.
05[19:52] <@Detro> <<+com+ that.>>
[19:52] <@Gabriel> +com+ What's a point?
[19:53] <@Skritches> +com+ One of the Sleca seems to think that it can possibly disable it, but isn't going for it yet. Orders?
[19:54] <@Birkin> +com+ Can you spoof it to reveal incorrect data?
[19:54] <@Detro> ::wonders just what they taught Tynes about orienteering in his military training:: 250 meters.
05[19:54] <@Detro> <<+com+ that too>>
05[19:55] <@Detro> <<EDIT: ::wonders if he should pester Caelin for some local orienteering training:: +com+ About 250 meters. >>
[19:56] <@Gabriel> +com+ Negative. Have them evade it.
[19:57] <@Gabriel> +com+ Send me the location. Also, evaluate the potential to subvert it. Can we tap into its feed? How is it transmitting?
01[19:57] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::cuddles in close to an embankment and peers overtop of it with her sensor boom, watching the approach:: Hmm hmmmm...
[19:57] <@Skritches> +com+ It would need me to control it to disable it...as ordered then ::sends a command for the drones to careful evade the sensor::
[19:58] <@Roland> ::having found cover, patiently awaits for the determination of action on whatever it is that the Slecas have found::
01[19:58] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::both machines back away from the sensor pod, stowing their infiltration tools and resuming their patrol::
[19:58] <@Gabriel> +com+ If we disable it, someone's going to know we're here. But if we can get a copy of its feed, that would be very useful.
[19:59] <@Skritches> +com+ We could take over the sensor pod and use it to our advantage
[19:59] <@Gabriel> +com+ Copy, not overwrite. I want a copy of the feed.
[19:59] <@Skritches> +com+ Interesting, there's a fiber optic cable some 100m away from the pod
[20:00] <@Roland> +com+ Going...where?
[20:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ Have the auto follow it down-range. Castle, move up. Have your tools?
[20:00] <@Skritches> +com+ Will get us a feed from the sensor and then investigate the cable
[20:00] <@Birkin> ::was about to ask Skritches that same question before Roland beat him to it::
[20:00] <@Marshall> +com+ Affirmative.
[20:01] <@Gabriel> +com+ I'd like a tap on that fiber optic line somewhere.
[20:01] <@Marshall> +com+ Roger.
[20:01] <@Skritches> ::moves slowly closer into the trees to establish a laser link with the sleca::
01[20:02] <@Savant> On command, one of the Slecas begins to follow the fiber optic "tail", quickly leading it downrange. It follows like a bloodhound in pursuit, quickly emerging out the other side of the forest and into the grasses. The other Sleca stays close by and forms up with Castle, acting like a member of Castle's wolfpack.
[20:02] <@Detro> ::keeps an eye out from his cover::
[20:04] <@Skritches> ::parks the jeep and looks at the sensor:: Let's see if I remember my basic electronics...the red wire is connected to the I/O, the I/O is connected to the purple cable, the purple cable...
[20:04] <@Gabriel> ::moves along the west ridge until he comes adjacent to the treeline::
[20:05] <@Caelin> ::pokes his head around the tree for a quick look ahead, still making sure he's low to the grass::+com+be careful with that pod, the republicans like to set up networks in the field, there's bound to be more scattered through the area
[20:06] <@Skritches> +com+ Roger that...I have a plan...a very cunning plan...
[20:07] <@Marshall> ::stops his gear near the cable and ensure he has his suit on and all of his gear before hopping out and approaching to get a physical tap on the cable::
[20:07] <@Gabriel> ::to himself:: Dear Prophet.
[20:07] <@Detro> ::hears that and frowns::
01[20:08] <@Savant> Marshall's in-suit geiger counter starts hissing at him
[20:08] <@Birkin> +com+ Stop wringing your hands together for a second Skritches and explain this 'cunning plan' to us.
[20:08] <@Skritches> ::puts her hands to the controllers and takes a deep breath:: Okay, let's get to work
[20:08] <@Roland> +com+ Is it a stunt? Tell me it's a stunt.
[20:09] <@Skritches> +com+ Well, I was thinking of giving us the actual feed and giving them a "there is nothing here but them wolves" feed
[20:10] <@Detro> ::off-comm:: Can you extrapolate sensor emplacements based on past encounters?
01[20:10] <@Savant> 5NAI> Yes.
[20:10] <@Gabriel> ::starts to say something, then stops himself, curious how Birkin will respond::
[20:11] <@Caelin> ::adds, coincidently as detro asks the brain box::this one's in a valley so it's very likely the others will be in valleys, consider every valley rigged this way and be very careful
[20:12] <@Marshall> ::reaches the cable and plugs into it with his dataglove::
[20:12] <@Skritches> +com+ I'm also considering leaving a little surprise for the next person who plays with the pod, but that remains to be seen
[20:12] <@Detro> Will there be any additional emplacements in this valley, based on a probability of... 40% or higher?
[20:12] <@Birkin> ::pauses for a moment:: +com+ You know Utopian gear well enough to pull that off without a hitch?
01[20:12] <@Savant> 5NAI> No.
[20:13] <@Birkin> +com+ Hitches are bad Dekarch.
[20:13] <@Detro> +com+ Brain box says there's not likely going to be more sensor emplacements in this valley.
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::nods, satisfied that Birkin has the tactical situation under control, and turns his attention back to the strategic situation::
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::fires up Zealot's tactical computer, double-checks that he's not going to vent the heat from it for the moment, and plugs in the coordinates they've got so far for the landing point and the sensor pod::
[20:14] <@Birkin> +com+ Thank you Sous-Sergeant. Convey my thanks to your brain box. Ask it where it thinks the next one might be.
[20:14] <@Skritches> +com+ Understood sir, but a sensor feed is a sensor feed...Once I'm in, I can get us the copy, and then I can see what the system is like and will let you know if the false sensor feed back to them is possible
[20:15] <@Birkin> +com+ I trust you Dekarch. If you think you can do it, then do it. Just don't fuck it up and make me regret trusting you.
[20:16] <@Detro> ::off-comm:: Based on past deployments, can you provide areas of probability for placement of other sensor devices?
[20:16] <@Skritches> +com+ Roger that ::off-com:: Time to shine
[20:16] <@Gabriel> ::adds in a terrain map for what they've covered so far and then starts looking for potential ambush points near the pod::
01[20:16] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::Approaches Marshall and begins to help him - it seems to know what angle to hold the wire at and how to crimp the cable just so::
01[20:17] <@Savant> Everyone gets a brief burst of X-ray radiation show up on their sensors, centralized from the sensor pod.
[20:17] <@Marshall> ::works in silence, fearing the sensor pod probably had auditory sensors::
[20:17] <@Roland> +com+ Buh?
[20:17] <@Detro> What the...
[20:17] <@Birkin> +com+ What the fuck. Lang, Childs. Report, now
[20:17] <@Skritches> ::blinks:: The hell was that? +com+ That was not me...
[20:18] <@Detro> ::checks his cover::
01[20:18] <@Savant> And then another one, more sharp and prolonged
[20:18] <@Birkin> +com+ Everyone. Cover now.
[20:18] <@Skritches> +com+ I haven't even touched the pod yet
[20:18] <@Gabriel> ::holds his position on the ridge, adjacent to the treeline::
[20:18] <@Birkin> +com+ Terminate that thing. NOW
[20:18] <@Roland> ::as they're bombarded with X-rays, he's trying to triangulate the source back and get further into cover at the same time::
[20:19] <@Birkin> +com+ Is that thing sending out that sensor reading?
[20:19] <@Caelin> ::activates actives camo imediately and gets into the grass again::
[20:20] <@Skritches> ::hunkers down and orders the Sleca to seek cover:: +com+ No idea yet...All I know is the moment the other Sleca helped Marshall with the cable...
[20:20] <@Skritches> +com+ The other Sleca has found a networking hub of cables, going to five other pods, probably given that there are five cables and there's a thicker fiber heading back to the camp
[20:21] <@Marshall> +subvoc+ No clue what's going on yet. ::attempts to conceal himself::
01[20:22] <@Savant> Another one, and then the thing goes silent again. Moments pass. It's quiet, except for Marshall. His suit is beeping at him. His radiation protection had been overloaded during the sensor burst.
[20:22] <@Detro> ::glares down at the brain box:: I guess that this was LESS than 40% chance that there were more sensor pods then.
[20:22] <@Birkin> +com+ Lang. Report.
[20:22] <@Skritches> ::pauses for a moment:: +com+ this is just speculation, but maybe the sensor pod goes active on a timer...maybe that was an active ping?
[20:22] <@Marshall> +subvoc+ Fuck. I'm getting baked. Got to fall back.
[20:23] <@Gabriel> +com+ Skritches, I need to know where the other pods are.
[20:24] <@Marshall> ::grabs his equipment and falls back to Castle::
[20:24] <@Gabriel> +com+ Roland, I need the body of a small animal.
[20:24] <@Birkin> +com+ If that thing works like pods do back on Terra Nova. It thought someone was trying to fuck with it. It went active to attempt to relay any information
[20:25] <@Caelin> ::sighs::+com+forget trying to tap into the pod, thats what set it off
[20:25] <@Gabriel> +com+ Roger that. Whatever animal Roland finds for us was chewing on the cable. Find us one, Roland.
[20:25] <@Skritches> +com+ Roger that. Oh, and the active ping was because the pod thought it was being tampered with
[20:25] <@Roland> +com+ Uh......right.... ::briefly tries to figure out how to hunt down an animal in a multi-ton machine::
[20:25] <@Skritches> ::has the other Sleca move carefully to the hub to get an idea as to where the other cables head out to::
[20:26] <@Roland> +com+ ::starts moving in the direction that wolf took off in earlier::
[20:27] <@Birkin> +com+ ... Skritches you said we have the hub location don't we? Can you splice in from there and feed false data from that location?
[20:27] <@Gabriel> +com+ Talons, hold position until we know where the other pods are.
[20:28] <@Detro> ::sighs, speaking to the brain box again:: Based on previous encounters, probabilities for the number of sensor pods out there?
[20:28] <@Skritches> +com+ Roger...I have it in 'sight' now and hopefully going to get something from it...the unfortunate thing is it looks like it's setup like the pods, to flash fry things that tamper with it
01[20:29] <@Savant> 5NAI> Observation sensor posts are situated every five cubic kilometers on average. Distribution is based on strategic advantage.
[20:29] <@Roland> +com+ ::slowly moves through the pass looking for tracks or signs of passage by an animal large enough to serve, flicking to thermal to look for bodily heat sources::
[20:29] <@Skritches> +com+ Caelin, do you know if there is a way to spoof the defense mechanism of these sensor pods? To make it think that it's time for schedule maintenance or something?
[20:30] <@Detro> So in other words, quit asking the AI and start thinking for myself, right...
[20:32] <@Roland> ::locates the wolf-like creature from earlier and tries to get close enough to grab it with a manipulator::
[20:32] <@Marshall> +com+ Cap, I'd like to give this another try. I'll stay inside Castle so I won't get cooked if it sends out another burst. We can have the Sleca hook the cable directly into my dataglove, and I can network with that wirelessly on my computer. Permission to proceed?
[20:33] <@Gabriel> ::looks up from the tactical map:: +com+ Granted. Careful.
[20:34] <@Marshall> +com+ Skritches, Castle. The Sleca over here nearly had that fiber optic cable worked into my dataglove. Mind giving me a hand getting the rest of the way in?
[20:34] <@Skritches> ::switches over to the Sleca by Marshall:: +com+ Give me a mark and I will proceed...carefully
[20:34] <@Caelin> +com+they are capable of working wirelessly, but they require access codes, and the wrong codes will trigger the pods to go active as well, we mostly just try to avoid them anyway, which i would recommend doing since we've already triggered it once
01[20:35] <@Savant> Erinyes has in its grip a snarling, squirming and very angry wolf. It is gnawing on the Gear's finger and thumb to no effect.
[20:35] <@Skritches> +com+ Roger that Marshall...say when ready to continue
[20:35] <@Marshall> +com+ All set here.
[20:36] <@Roland> +com+ I have a friend. Somebody not likely to permanently break their own gear needs to unhook a power coupling or something in their arm to fry him, though. ::turns and starts heading towards the sensor pod::
01[20:36] <@Savant> 5Wolf> ::starts to whine and whimper helplessly::
[20:36] <@Gabriel> +com+ Detro, you're elected for that task.
[20:37] <@Caelin> +com+ no, i'll go, i'll be able to do it without breaking equipment
[20:38] <@Detro> ::had been about to open his mouth and iterate that the Doc suggested he NOT go out into heavy radioactivity, given his injuries, but Caelin beats him to it:: +com+ That sounds wiser -- Caelin has better stealth systems than we do after all.
[20:39] <@Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, Caelin, thank you.
[20:39] <@Caelin> ::works his way back through the grass towards roland's position, making sure to avoid running into any other sensor pods::
01[20:39] <@Savant> 5Wolf> The animal starts to HOWL, a particularily throaty and mournful sound, desperate in its intensity and volume
01[20:40] <@Savant> The sensor pod blasts out another intense burst of X-rays, disturbed by the sudden volume of the wolf's howl
[20:41] <@Roland> ::uses the opposite manipulator to clamp the wolf's mouth shut::
[20:41] <@Marshall> ::hides for a moment, then continues working::
01[20:42] <@Savant> Roland catches the proverbial fly with chopsticks in clamping the wolf's mouth shut.
[20:42] <@Caelin> ::as he comes up to roland, he reaches out with his mace and switches it on high intensity for a brief moment as he touches the wolf::
01[20:43] <@Savant> 5Wolf> ::Goes rigid and suffers a massive heart attack::
[20:44] <@Marshall> +com+ I'm into the feed. Decyphering now... ::gets to work hitting keys::
[20:46] <@Marshall> +com+ Transmitting the feed now..
[20:46] <@Roland> ::scowls within his cockpit and makes for the pod::
[20:47] <@Birkin> +com+ Master Ranger how is our diversion
[20:47] <@Detro> ::Remains hunkered down, waiting for the all clear::
01[20:47] <@Savant> The footage is of seven different camera feeds, scattered across the local area. All of them are quiet.
[20:47] <@Marshall> +com+ All clear.
[20:48] <@Marshall> +com+ Orders?
[20:48] <@Gabriel> +com+ I need the location on the other pods. Then we need to have a look at where the feed goes and where we might want to sabotage it.
[20:49] <@Gabriel> +com+ Nice of them to consolidate all seven lines down to one big data line somewhere, if the Dekarch is right.
[20:49] <@Marshall> ::attempts to requisition that data::
[20:49] <@Roland> ::pauses a little ways from the pod:: +com+ Got your cover story, Marshall.
[20:49] <@Detro> ::watches the feed as it comes in::
[20:50] <@Skritches> ::glances at the feed and frowns a little at the news that the hub might not be hackable::
[20:51] <@Detro> Hmm. Here, here, here, here, here, here, and there. ::sends coordinates of the cameras::
[20:52] <@Marshall> No no no.. ::transmits his own coordinates::
[20:52] <@Skritches> +com+ Err...you sure about that? My co-ordinates are these
[20:52] <@Skritches> ::transmites her co-ordinates::
[20:53] <@Detro> I'm positive I'm right.
[20:53] <@Roland> +com+ You all suck. Somebody get their shit together.
[20:53] <@Marshall> +com_ Yeah, well so am I.
[20:53] <@Detro> I'll bet you a drillgit steak dinner that my numbers are right.
[20:54] <@Caelin> ::sighs at the banter::+com+ then we're going with the dekarch's locations....
05[20:54] <@Detro> <<+com+ those. Grr.>>
[20:54] <@Marshall> +com+ Why hers? And I don't eat drillgit, thanks anyway.
01[20:54] <@Savant> The Selcas begin hunting, and withint eh course of about thirty seconds, by the lay of the cables, it's obvious that the Dekarch is correct.
[20:55] <@Roland> ::pulls up the feeds and attempts to work out his own coordinates if only to get a third data set::
[20:55] <@Detro> ::upon the discovery of their locations, is silent over the radio. Very. Silent.
[20:56] <@Marshall> +com+ Ass.
[20:56] <@Roland> +com+ Oh, hay, look, another set of numbers not anywhere near the others but which neatly triangulates around Melissa's. Let's go with that.
[20:56] <@Skritches> ::smirks at being right but says nothing on the com::
[20:56] <@Roland> +com+ Now come get your fucking blood cover.
[20:59] <@Birkin> +com+ Skritches you think you can spoof those lines?
[20:59] <@Gabriel> +com+ Well done. ::plots the sensor pods into his tactical map of the pass:: Now let's see if we can find where the data lines combine.
[20:59] <@Skritches> +com+ I think it can be done and I do want to try it
[21:00] <@Skritches> +com+ There is a backbone cable running towards what should be the camp
[21:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ Let's go have a look. Erinyes, when you're done there, you and Uchiwa take point.
[21:01] <@Detro> +com+ ::clicks acknowledgement and starts making his way to Roland, given they're on the opposite sides of their forces::
01[21:01] <@Savant> The Talons continue past the small copse of trees and towards the sensor hub, maybe two kilometers off. It's a sensor pod in its own right, on the crest of a hill and amongst some saplings.
[21:02] <@Marshall> +com+ Want me to try and hook in here, too?
[21:02] <@Birkin> Ugly looking bastard.
[21:03] <@Detro> +com+ So now what?
[21:06] <@Gabriel> +com+ Any way past it? I'm not interested in interfering with it. Just setting up an explosive charge or something else to cut the data lines if we need to.
[21:06] <@Skritches> +com+ I'm picking up movement in the valley opposite the hub
[21:07] <@Skritches> +com+ The movement is really close...going to try to get eyes on it
01[21:07] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::cautiously lifts it's camera-tail to peer over the edge of the low ridge it's behind::
01[21:07] <@Savant> You stop at the ridgeline, just in the nick of time. Autos and men are on the other side - a Republican picket making its rounds. They are travelling upon one side of the grassy hill on the opposite side of the valley that you nearly crossed into, high enough on the hill that they would not be caught in a crossfire in the valley but low enough that they are not caught in silhouette on the ridgeline.
[21:08] <@Marshall> Right, well. ::plants an explosive charge right near the hub:: This...ought... to do it.
01[21:08] <@Savant> A squat, boxy vehicle with six armoured wheels and thin visor-slits at the front is for the scouts themselves. It is armed with a heavy chain-gun and pintile mounted rocket, what any Terranovan would call a ultralight autocannon and anti-gear missile. The chain gun in specific looks rather mean, looking more like a bulky machinegun than a skinny autocannon. It looks like a pretty good APC, all told - the people who make the Badger would do well to look at it.
01[21:08] <@Savant> Fanned out around the ACP is a squadron of what your Trojan NAI informs you are Utengelocht Strikas - medium-range light autos. The specs give them similar firepower and armour as a Hunter, but not nearly the speed. They look like armoured turrets on small bodies, driven by a pair of rugged treads. Light cannons are attached to hardpoints on their sides and a rocketpack is held upon a motile rack behind its' "head". They look ungainly. They also look very, very easy to manufacture.
01[21:09] <@Savant> ((- the people who make the Badger would do well to look at it.)) (( They look ungainly. They also look very, very easy to manufacture.))
[21:09] <@Detro> +com+ ::a beat:: Okay, this could be a problem...
[21:09] <@Skritches> +com+ hmm...uninvited guests by the looks of things
[21:09] <@Caelin> ::hmms as they come up to the ridge::
[21:09] <@Gabriel> +com+ This is as far south as we go, I think.
[21:09] <@Gabriel> Let's decide where amongst those trees we might want to situate ourselves. Fall back a bit.
05[21:10] <@Gabriel> << +com+ >>
[21:10] <@Detro> ::drops back from point, to the east a bit::
[21:10] <@Birkin> +com+ ::clicks an acklowedgement and begins to fade back to where they found good a good ambush area::
[21:11] <@Skritches> ::has the Sleca retreat slightly, remaining in her spot as she was still behind the rest of the team::
[21:12] <@Detro> +com+ Medium range, hope that's a good sign.
01[21:12] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:12] <@Savant> there we go! A little scattered at points, but I think it worked out okay. What did you think?
[21:13] <@Detro> I think we exhausted Lemon's supply of ones for the next 3 months.
[21:13] <@Roland> Roland is displeased with the Captain for making them kill a poor animal. Wink
[21:13] <@Birkin> With the battle coming up lets hope so
01[21:13] <@Savant> ::refills Lemon with 1's::
[21:13] <@Gabriel> ::grins::
[21:13] <@Gabriel> LOL
01[21:14] <@Savant> questions, comments?
[21:14] <@Detro> ::corrupts Lemon's ones, leaving it with zeros::
[21:14] <@Birkin> I liked it. We have mines set up and good cover for our up and comming ambush
[21:14] <@Skritches> i had fun
[21:15] <@Birkin> the Steelgate nodes are interesting little things. X-Rays? Is that standard for Terra Novan nodes like that?
01[21:15] <@Savant> I thought it went well Smile
[21:15] <@Birkin> to the point where they fry out our HEP? Wink
[21:15] <@Detro> I'm kinda disappointed I couldn't come up with anything more to ask of the NAI.
01[21:15] <@Savant> let's do expees. Over the course of the week you can ask me things like what the interrogation of that Republican you captured revealed, etc.
01[21:15] <@Savant> active sensors are x-rays and microwaves and the like
01[21:15] <@Savant> x-ray sensors are great because you can see through and into things.
01[21:16] <@Savant> one expee is for teamwork. Any teamwork news today?
[21:16] <@Birkin> glow in the dark nads
[21:16] <@Roland> Yes, but rarely do active sensors fry people's balls and brains. Wink
[21:16] <@Marshall> Marshall and Skritches hacking the Republican's shit.
[21:16] <@Birkin> Caelin and Rolan worked well to prepare the decoy, even if Roland hated doing it
[21:17] <@Roland> Gear Fu
01[21:17] <@Savant> it is a powerful sensor platform and he was really close to it. It's gonna fry his nads a little.
01[21:18] <@Savant> I agree with those things. I think that you guys worked fairly well together tonight
01[21:18] <@Savant> one point. Two is for storyline. Learn anything in that regard?
[21:18] <@Detro> We found out that these sensor systems can be activated by sound as much by other means. We have rough landing coordinates for Republican troop and/or supply haulers.
[21:19] <@Detro> We know there are wolves in them thar hills
[21:19] <@Detro> And Jester re-learned that Utopian Armiger maces have haywire effects. Smile
[21:19] <@Marshall> Lots of Steelgaters. Lots and lots of Steelgaters.
[21:20] <@Gabriel> ::grins:: And we learned something about Steelgate's recon tactics, but I'm not entirely sure what yet. We have a couple of interesting data points, but there's a lot of ways to interpret them.
[21:20] <@Birkin> Steelgate isn't expecting us to be here. If they were they would have -never- let such a prime area for an ambush go unwatched or unmined
[21:20] <@Roland> This sort of mobile integrated sensor network isn't something we've seen before. For static emplacements maybe, but this was probably just dropped out here a couple of days ago in preparation for the engagement.
01[21:21] <@Savant> you guys don't know how many steelgaters there are. And i won't tell you until you go find them and look at them.
[21:21] <@Caelin> thats not true, they did set up a network of sensors
01[21:21] <@Savant> Roland, you saw these, or things much liek these, before. On Terra Nova. In the Rahnguard region.
[21:21] <@Detro> heh
[21:21] <@Skritches> i know what to create drones on the photon level and send them into fiber optic cables so i can spy on everything
[21:22] <@Skritches> that should i I know that I want to create...
[21:22] <@Caelin> oh yeah, during the bloody twelve arc right?
[21:22] <@Roland> I...do not recall.
[21:22] <@Detro> Oh yeah, and I learned you CAN hack fiber-op cables, even with today's equipment Smile
01[21:22] <@Savant> yup, you're right Caelin.
[21:22] <@Roland> Well, I vaguely recall those, but as I remember those were more permanent fixtures.
01[21:22] <@Savant> that's just because they were buried.
01[21:23] <@Savant> or, half buried.
01[21:23] <@Savant> these were set up to defend the camp.
[21:23] <@Caelin> that was the same arc we first encountered the armiger
01[21:23] <@Savant> anyways. that's two points. Three if you can tell me what you would like to find out about the Allied encampment next week and how you intend to find out about it.
[21:24] <@Roland> I'd like to find out the best way of blowing it up.
[21:24] <@Detro> I want to find out if the Allies actually have an exit strategy.
[21:24] <@Birkin> numbers, strengths, any weakness our Troy allies can assertain from our information. And I'd like to do it with drones if at all possible
[21:24] <@Gabriel> Mix of forces on the other side would be nice to know. And who's in command of it.
[21:24] <@Skritches> i was thinking if we can get into their sensor network, we could get an idea of their physical patrols and begin to extrpolate their numbers from that
[21:25] <@Skritches> failing that, sneaking in closer works
[21:25] <@Detro> But yeah, force composition, defensive/offensive deployments... any sort of natural or artificial defensive emplacements being used...
[21:25] <@Marshall> We can also use signals intercept
06[21:25] * @Savant nods
[21:25] <@Detro> Eh, remember they're mostly laser comms.
01[21:26] <@Savant> Put some serious thought into how you are going to get that information. You have all the tools to get right in their faces if you want to.
03[21:26] * Skritches is now known as LrdVampyre
01[21:27] <@Savant> that's that! well done
01[21:27] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Birkin> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Caelin> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> Good evening, and welcome to yet another exciting(!) episode of the Black Talons! I am as always your host and guide.
[18:31] <@Detro> ::attn::
01[18:32] <@Savant> I have not a lot to say as introduction tonight. It is after all fairly straightforward! We are missing a few players, but I think that we will survive all the same. Well, I suppose that is up to you.
01[18:32] <@Savant> So, I will brief you, and then we will get going.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit, Part Two
01[18:32] <@Savant> Night of 4 Helanus, 462 UC (41AUT46)
01[18:32] <@Savant> Bittern Pass, North of Genethon, Central Sumer
01[18:32] <@Savant> 4 degrees C, slight breeze, clear skies. Moderate radiation levels.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Utopia's nights seem unnaturally long. Their days are longer, by two hours - not enough that you should really notice the extended length of the night as more than an oddity. Perhaps it is simply the fact that you are afield, surrounded by the enemy on (likely) all sides, with only your cunning and stealth to protect you.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Oh, you could fight them off, and win. The scouts and their guards would be nothing much to deal with. however, their deaths would mean alarms, and sirens, and aircraft, and hovertanks, and all manner of horrible things, and they would be here in an awful hurry more than likely. Be cautious, Talons, for here at least your allies are few and your enemies diverse and prosperous.
01[18:32] <@Savant> But hey, don't worry. It's just *one* scout patrol, right?
01[18:32] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge when ready.
[18:32] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:32] <@Detro> ack
[18:33] <@Marshall> ack
[18:33] <@Birkin> ack
01[18:34] <@Savant> we will, obviously, be picking up where we left off.
01[18:34] <@Savant> Do I have any questions?
[18:34] <@Gabriel> ::raises::
01[18:34] <@Savant> Gabriel?
[18:34] <@Gabriel> Map this time?
01[18:35] <@Savant> no. Not that I didn't want to, mind you. But I am going to be at an art show next weekend, so my free time has been eaten up with preparing for that. I will also be helping to run the show, so it has been hectic
01[18:35] <@Savant> There will be no major changes from last week in a broad sense. Just continuing down the foothills, more than likely
01[18:36] <@Savant> any other questions?
01[18:37] <@Savant> seems no. Let's rock and/or roll.
01[18:37] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:37] <@Savant> You stop at the ridgeline, just in the nick of time. Autos and men are on the other side - a Republican picket making its rounds. They are traveling upon one side of the grassy hill on the opposite side of the valley that you nearly crossed into, high enough on the hill that they would not be caught in a crossfire in the valley but low enough that they are not caught in silhouette on the ridgeline.
03[18:37] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:37] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
01[18:37] <@Savant> A squat, boxy vehicle with six armoured wheels and thin visor-slits at the front is for the scouts themselves. It is armed with a heavy chain-gun and pintile mounted rocket, what any Terranovan would call a ultralight autocannon and anti-gear missile. The chain gun in specific looks rather mean, looking more like a bulky machinegun than a skinny autocannon. It looks like a pretty good APC, all told - the people who make the Badger would do well to look at it.
03[18:38] * LrdVampyre is now known as Skritches
01[18:38] <@Savant> Fanned out around the ACP is a squadron of what your Trojan NAI informs you are Utengelocht Strikas - medium-range light autos. The specs give them similar firepower and armour as a Hunter, but not nearly the speed. They look like armoured turrets on small bodies, driven by a pair of rugged treads. Light cannons are attached to hardpoints on their sides and a rocketpack is held upon a motile rack behind its' "head".
01[18:39] <@Savant> ((Badger would do well to look at it.))
[18:39] <@Gabriel> ::continues to hold his position on the west ridge where he can maintain communications and oversight with the Talons and communication with the bulk of the Trojan army behind them::
01[18:39] <@Savant> The picket is stopping! They come to the head of the valley where the hills converge into a raised plateau. The armless Utengelocht form a quick perimeter, looking very much like moving Stoneheads, while the scouts disembark from their vehicle. They take out a deployable sensor boom and begin to set it up, raising its mast several meters into the air.
[18:39] <@Detro> ::stays frozen in place::
[18:40] <@Marshall> ::goes hull down and watches::
[18:40] <@Birkin> ::moves down as well staying behind his cover, checking his readings of the other Talons::
[18:41] <@Gabriel> +com+ Forward team, get down in cover and maintain watch.
01[18:41] <@Savant> 5NAI> *beep* Utengelocht Adnilhias. Heritus Vesuma. Standard patterns.
[18:41] <@Skritches> ::observes through the drones::
[18:42] <@Caelin> ::goes prone near the edge of the ridge in the long grass, he sends a quick burst com to one of the slecas to go further south along the ridge for observation::
[18:42] <@Detro> +com+ NAI recognizes deployment as a standard pattern of some sort.
01[18:43] <@Savant> The scouting party works quickly, and soon their sensor boom is well up in the air. They are hooking it up to their scout car with some heavy cables.
[18:43] <@Gabriel> ::smiles a bit:: +com+ Standard pattern means they didn't detect our little song-and-dance in the valley. ::repeats:: Get into cover and observe.
[18:44] <@Birkin> ::motions for Skritches to stay put behind the cover they're at::
[18:45] <@Detro> ::sticks to his cover::
01[18:46] <@Savant> The sensor boom, now a good ten meters int he air, starts pumping out steady pulses of radiation in a 360 degree arc, across the map.
[18:47] <@Skritches> ::remains stationery, clicking the com to acknowledge Birkin's signal::
01[18:48] <@Savant> One of the scouts sits in the scout car, the "Heritus", and speaks into a handheld radio connected to the dashboard by a spiral cord. The others hunker down beside their Autos and watch.
[18:50] <@Gabriel> +com+ Everyone hold your position. Caelin, are Steelgate scouting tactics typically passive like this?
[18:50] <@Skritches> ::watches her sensor readouts::
[18:50] <@Detro> ::stays put::
01[18:51] <@Savant> Minutes pass, and then the scouts fold up their sensor post; the patrol is on the move again. They skirt dangerously close to your positions before heading further uprange.
[18:52] <@Caelin> ::slowly pushes himself back behind the ridge more:: +com+this is their idea of Force Recon, a bigger group may be coming in soon, we probably don't want to be here when they do
[18:52] <@Gabriel> +com+ Roger that. Talons, let's fall back while they reposition that active sensor. Keep to the opposite ridge.
[18:53] <@Detro> ::gets up carefully, doing his best not to make much noise::
[18:53] <@Gabriel> +com+ Mind the location of the other sensors. It's a good bet they've got repeaters to this group.
[18:53] <@Gabriel> ::starts falling back himself, keeping to the rocky outcroppings at mid-height on the west ridge::
[18:54] <@Skritches> ::watches carefully before slowly falling back with the rest of the team::
[18:55] <@Birkin> ::clicks his mic in response to the Captain, giving hand signals to his team to fall back on his ass as he stealthily moves back down the way they came::
[18:57] <@Caelin> ::continues his slow retreat back the way he came::
[18:58] <@Detro> ::steadily falls back with the others::
[18:58] <@Skritches> ::follows after Birkin, keeping an eye on the sensor readings, watching for anything out of the ordinary::
01[18:58] <@Savant> The Talons make their way cautiously across the hills and into the rougher rocks. They make it to a small "forest" of bushes and brush before a subtle infared plume starts approaching through the air. Three of them, in fact.
[18:59] <@Marshall> ::ducks down behind the bushes::
[18:59] <@Detro> ::flattens and crawls to cover::
[19:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ Into cover, Talons.
[19:00] <@Gabriel> ::finds some himself::
[19:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ Caelin, that force recon you were talking about? Airborne?
[19:00] <@Birkin> ::moves into the nearest bit of cover, pulling himself down low::
01[19:00] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::singing quietly under her breath as she ducks Spooks behind cover:: I am singing the qui-et song....
[19:01] <@Skritches> ::hunkers down and waits::
[19:03] <@Caelin> ::finds himself some cover and clicks the com::+com+usually support scarabs, dropships, they'll probably be carrying air autos though
01[19:04] <@Savant> Three black Spiders crawled across the hills, appearing on the opposite ridge and clambering back downards. Watching those six legs work is almost creepy, the fluid snap-snap of metal legs. Their wide dome-shaped heads are stationary, but the camera mounted on its back swivels as they scale up to the opposite hill - your hill.
01[19:05] <@Savant> 5NAI> Visuma pattern Preliat, three. Patrol detail, Dee pattern.
[19:05] <@Skritches> ::hands over over the control board, watching the readouts, occasionally glancing out at the vehicles approaching. Starts to consider briefly trying to hack the drones, but decides against it::
[19:06] <@Detro> ::murmurs at the NAI, off-com:: Cripes you're a chatty one, aren't you?
01[19:07] <@Savant> They're bigger than they seem at a distance. Not as tall as a Gear, but they come up to chest height, and with the legs they're ridiculously wide. They ignore the rough rocks and folds of the ground, their wide stance carrying them over effortlessly.
[19:08] <@Detro> ::even as they come closer to him, he stays still -- no point in trying to run, after all::
01[19:08] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::The two Slecas stalk the three larger Preliats like wolves through the grass::
[19:09] <@Marshall> ::his instinct says to move away, but he held, waiting for orders::
[19:09] <@Detro> ::he's even staying off-comms, to avoid any potential detection::
[19:09] <@Gabriel> ::almost whispers:: +com+ Hold position, Talons...
[19:09] <@Birkin> ::stays put where he is at, letting the drones hover on by him as he maintains his hunkered down position::
01[19:09] <@Savant> The Autos are starting to get close. Not that they seem to have spotted the Talons, but just through fate
[19:10] <@Skritches> ::frowns slightly as she looks at the vehicle she's in...it wasn't Bonaparte and she really wanted the comfort of having the cannon and the armour around her::
01[19:12] <@Savant> The closest Auto swivels, immediately and quickly scrambling sideways as if it were about to get stepped on by God.
01[19:14] <@Savant> The other two respond in kind, fanning out and encircling the offending terget, finding hard cover and hunkering down as best they can while their cameras try to figure out what it is
[19:15] <@Gabriel> ::waits patiently, sure that if they'd actually seen something, they'd be shooting at it now::
01[19:15] <@Savant> One of them stands up taller form behind its rocky cover and turns on a floodlight, which blasts across Detro's Gear as bright as day.
[19:15] <@Skritches> ::watches the scene play out::
[19:16] <@Detro> ::doesn't. move.::
01[19:16] <@Savant> 5PRtV> ::In a synthesized, masculine voice:: *crackle crackle* IDENTIFY YOURSELF.
[19:16] <@Detro> ::he is just a thief in the shadows, the patrolman's light flashing across him and passing on::
01[19:18] <@Savant> The other two fan outwards, their floodlights coming on, all three of them focusing on Detro's Gear. One of the three vehicles extends a boom from its back, like an insects' antennae
[19:19] <@Skritches> ::frowns and looks for anything that would scramble the black spiders from sending out communications::
[19:21] <@Caelin> ::sighs a bit and he finds no other choice and sends a burst com to the slecas::
[19:22] <@Marshall> ::flips the selector switch on his rocket pack to "Arm"::
[19:31] <@Detro> ::finally utters one word:: +com+ Problem.
[19:31] <@Marshall> +com+ No shit. Keep your head down.
[19:32] <@Gabriel> +com+ Here's the general plan. We need a distraction. Detro, get ready to move, hauling ass back to the forest, best speed, full evasives. No shooting from you, and stay down as much as you can.
[19:32] <@Detro> +com+ ::clicks acknowledgement::
01[19:33] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Carefully, oh-so-carefully, sets down a black box onto the ground. The little black box sprouts little treads and a little head on a skinny little neck.::
[19:33] <@Caelin> +com+ i suggest everyone run shortly
[19:33] <@Gabriel> +com+ Caelin, I could use a distraction. Autos would be preferred. Marshall, Birkin, Roland, I'll probably want rocket fire. Indirects only. Between the hunters and Detro.
[19:33] <@Marshall> +com+ ::click click::
01[19:34] <@Savant> 5PRtV> *crackle* UNIDENTIFIED VEHICLE. IDENTIFY YOURSELF.
[19:34] <@Gabriel> ::growls something under his breath that sounds vaguely like a lot of swear words, "Prophet", and "chain of command":: +com+ Everyone be ready to move out, double time.
[19:35] <@Skritches> ::checks to see where the other drones to see where they are in relation to the black spiders::
[19:35] <@Gabriel> +com+ Caelin, whatever your distraction is, now would be good. Detro, forobs a rocket position.
01[19:35] <@Savant> Before Gabriel quite finishes his orders, there's a rustle of movement in the grass. The more perceptive of you can see white paste slap onto the glass-eyed faces of the Preliats; a paste which quickly explodes in a white-hot blast. The machines buck under cover again and start shooting into the plains
[19:36] <@Birkin> ::lets his ROF setting stay at maximum::
[19:36] <@Caelin> ::doesn't respond, he just bolts through the grass as the slecas do their job::
[19:36] <@Detro> ::using his passives, relays the target coordinates::
01[19:37] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::scamper through the grass like cheetahs in chase, coiling about the much larger Autos. One of them has bared a mean looking drill from its neck::
[19:37] <@Gabriel> ::sees the coordinates go through:: +com+ Marshall, Birkin, Roland, two rockets each. Two rockets only! Maximum spread around those coordinates. Fire!
[19:37] <@Gabriel> ::waits for a three-count, then:: +com+ Talons, move move move!
[19:38] <@Detro> ::waits for the rocket impacts before moving::
[19:38] <@Skritches> ::clicks acknowledgement and begins to move out::
[19:38] <@Gabriel> ::gets moving along the west ridge, ready to loose an ABM if things get truly out of hand::
[19:38] <@Birkin> ::frowns, dropping his ROF down to minimum again before letting off the two rockets in indirect fire like ordered before taking off behind the flash::
[19:40] <@Marshall> ::squeezes down on the handle once, then twice, then begins to step backward before going hull down again::
01[19:41] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::picks up her little box-with-wheels as she sees things go nutty, heading off with the others towards the cover of the forest::
[19:42] <@Detro> ::takes off in walker mode, heading directly away from the blasts::
01[19:42] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::spits another volley of explosive paste at the lead Preliat's communications antennae, blasting it off::
01[19:43] <@Savant> The fires spread from the rocket blasts - instead of subsiding, the incendiary gel is setting the grassy plains alight.
[19:45] <@Birkin> ::spies Juno with her toy on wheels and makes a note to ask her what that was::
01[19:45] <@Savant> The Talons, meanwhile, beat a hasty retreat to the forest. The fire begins to burn itself out, leaving three bewildered and damaged Autos circling nothing at all, scrambling this way and that to try and find out what just happened. They look almost pitiful.
[19:46] <@Skritches> ::shrugs and follows after the team::
[19:46] <@Gabriel> ::is not sympathetic:: +com+ Everyone keep falling back, give them a good couple of clicks distance, then get into cover again.
[19:46] <@Detro> ::is swearing up a veritable storm in his cockpit::
[19:47] <@Birkin> +com+ Master Ranger take point with me ::moves out ahead to the front with Roland::
01[19:47] <@Savant> About fifteen minutes pass. The Talons have fallen back somewhat and have moved across the valley, giving themselves a good amount of distance, which is good. The area around the small engagement is swarming with the activity of Autos and drones and floating aircraft.
[19:50] <@Gabriel> +com+ So. Did we ever get a tap on those sensor pods?
01[19:50] <@Savant> You are now close to the river that has braided its way down the mountain. At this point it is a many-channeled braid of streamlets coursing through gravel. Some plants cling to the loose and unhealthy soil, clinging to life just as tenaciously. The cover is good, in the form of thick-branched trees, many dead.
[19:50] <@Detro> ::finally trails off in unwinding after the close call::
[19:51] <@Birkin> +com+ We had a tap sir, we never were able to spoof it though.
[19:51] <@Gabriel> +com+ Good enough. Let's patch in and see what they're up to.
[19:52] <@Birkin> ::looks over at Skritches:: +com+ Lets see what you have Dekarch
[19:52] <@Caelin> ::finds himself some cover in thicker trees::
[19:52] <@Skritches> ::calls up the feed and passes it through the closed channel::
01[19:52] <@Savant> The video footage is fairly clear and of good quality. They are several sensor points that mesh together into a wide-scale strategic map, supplemented with video where the camera is close enough. And it's rather active.
01[19:53] <@Savant> The feed is only one branch of the sensor network, however - you were only able to tap a few cameras. They show possibly two hundred Autos and maybe fifty soldiers, some Armigers but mostly infantry, fanned out across the engagement site and slowly combing their way across.
01[19:54] <@Savant> ((plus bold))
[19:54] <@Gabriel> ::sets up the communication link back to the main base of operations::
[19:55] <@Birkin> +com+ Nice reaction time.
01[19:55] <@Savant> To call them scouts would be understating the fact. There are indeed scouts, but they are escorted by combat machines, and a good many of them. This is what they mean by "recon" apparently.
01[19:56] <@Savant> Skritches, and moments later everyone else, sees a big, rotund flying craft float lazily by, like a floating wasp hive. Insectile flyers flit in and out from underneath its armoured belly.
[19:56] <@Skritches> ::sticks her tongue out at the display of the hive like thing:: I hate insects
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::as he works:: Where do they get such wonderful toys?
01[19:58] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Has by this point folded her toy up and clamped it back onto the arm of her Gear:: I didn't see those guys at Troy. They look like they're slow, though. I bet they'll be at least an hour before they even get close to coming here. Maybe two, if they slow up in the firest.
[19:58] <@Detro> ::as he moves with the Talons, he stays behind Roland, avoiding being on the leading edge as best he can, yet trying to stay in a spot where he can recon::
[19:58] <@Gabriel> ::double-checks to see if he's got the link established successfully::
[20:00] <@Birkin> ::stays on the side with Roland maintaining the lead but blending into the trees and cover::
01[20:01] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> They're sort of pretty, aren't they? Like fat yellowjackets, with glowfly bellies.
[20:02] <@Caelin> ::looks at the feed, yep, this seems like a proper republican recon force:: +com+ thats the Sigtbetl, or Scarab
[20:03] <@Birkin> +com+ What does the scarab do, besies launch air units.
[20:03] <@Detro> ::is surprised the NAI didn't identify the fliers::
01[20:04] <@Savant> The two-hundred-fifty unit Scouting Party moves methodically and meticulously. Flamethrowers blast into any dense cover, cannons and a few rockets aiding where appropriate. They start taking apart the area, looking for any clues as to what has happened here.
01[20:04] <@Savant> Meanwhile, the aerial Autos and their Scarab handlers start spreading in ever-widening spirals, quickly moving ahead of the ground forces.
[20:05] <@Birkin> +com+ ... Caelin will they take apart the forest in their search or will they leave it alone?
[20:05] <@Gabriel> ::laughs to himself, sure that any evidence of their passing is even now being burned or otherwise destroyed::
[20:05] <@Caelin> +com+ it's a support craft, the craft itself if weak and unarmed but the flyers are fast and hard to hit, they make good sweepers
[20:05] <@Skritches> ::nods at the reaction of the drones:: Impressive...most impressive
01[20:05] <@Savant> They look like massive redjacket insects floating in the sky upon ducted VTOL jets, thoraxes distended with cargo and heads swollen with glassy-eyed windows and sensors. They are manned craft, and they don't seem to be armed, though the front-mounted sensor pods seem more than capable of spotting what's going on on Terra Nova right now if they wanted to. They are making far better ground than the land forces indeed.
[20:06] <@Gabriel> +com+ OK, Talons, our footsteps are even now being obliterated and we've got a good feed. Let's fall back, slowly but steadily.
[20:06] <@Caelin> ::adds::+com+ they likely will, in dealing with our stealth abilities and especially the black armor, the republicans have learned to, as you say, leave no stone unturned
[20:07] <@Birkin> ::slips into the darkness with relative ease, moving slowly back towards the base camp::
[20:08] <@Detro> ::moves out with the rest of the unit, not straying too far out in front::
[20:08] <@Marshall> ::stalks behind Birkin::
[20:08] <@Gabriel> ::looks over the results of the sweep, trying to decide how thorough it is::
01[20:09] <@Savant> A "Sigtbetl" passes overhead, its bulky shapes occulting the sun as it passes by. As it gets closer you can see the half-dozen flying Autos nestled underneath its armoured thorax, active and waiting for the command to attack. Fortunately, it does not seem to notice you.
[20:09] <@Caelin> ::starts back towards their basecamp, again using as much cover as possible::
[20:10] <@Skritches> ::begins to retreat, hoping to remain unseen::
01[20:11] <@Savant> 5NAI> *beep* Scarab, Visuma pattern. Fugamat, Adnilhias pattern.
[20:12] <@Gabriel> ::gets moving along the western ridge again::
[20:12] <@Detro> ::to the NAI:: Weapons configurations on those two models?
01[20:14] <@Savant> 5NAI> Scarab, Visuma. Unarmed, unarmed. Zero primary threat quotient. Seven Bee resolved threat quotient.
[20:15] <@Detro> Okay, what does "Seven Bee" stand for?
01[20:15] <@Savant> 5NAI> Fugamat, Adnihildas pattern. Medelnas missile package, Adnihildas missile package. Five Cee resolved threat quotient.
01[20:16] <@Savant> The Talons make their way up the rockier slopes, leaving the Scrabs and the search party below. The firelight of the burning forest is a spark of light on the dark foothills.
[20:16] <@Birkin> ::continues moving slowly:: +com+ Hey Juno. Just what was that little thing you had there, the black box
01[20:17] <@Savant> 5NAI> Resolved threat quotients follow a one-through-ten threat rating, with an Ay-through-Gee subclassification for damage type and range.
[20:18] <@Detro> So the unarmed one must be able to rain down fire then. ::wry grin:: Shame we can't hack that thing to target its own units.
01[20:18] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Oh, it's just my baby Gargoyle. Poor little fellow feels so out-classed on this planet!
[20:19] <@Detro> ::to the NAI:: Explain B and C ratings.
01[20:20] <@Savant> 5NAI> Subclassification C is close-range threat via kinetic/thermal weapon systems. Subclassification B is close-range threat via support elements.
[20:22] <@Gabriel> +com+ Caelin, how far will they move away from their unit?
01[20:22] <@Savant> The climb starts to get higher and more dangerous, and therefore slower. It isn't very long though before the living rock itself is providing ample cover for you from the army below.
[20:24] <@Caelin> +com+ the fugamats don't tend to travel far from the sigtbetl
[20:24] <@Gabriel> ::finds a new place to situate himself in among the rocks and suddenly wishes he had a Gear-sized pair of binoculars::
[20:24] <@Gabriel> ::contents himself with the data coming in off the feed instead::
[20:25] <@Detro> ::picks his way carefully, then hunkers down behind a rock and deploys his sensor boom over the top of it, just enough that he can see over it. He does a passive sweep::
[20:25] <@Caelin> +com+as for the sigtbetl, they won't be sent too far from the rest of the force either, not after we ambushed their preliats
01[20:25] <@Savant> Below, Gabriel can see the search party spread out amongst the hills. He can also see the glow of the enemy's forward camp further off.
[20:26] <@Gabriel> +com+ Roger that. Will they pull back, or will they settle in for the rest of the night?
[20:26] <@Skritches> ::taps her fingers on the control stick::
[20:26] <@Birkin> +com+ You need to upgrade him with some Utopian tech Juno. ::switches over to Caelin:: +com+ How are your drones? Did you just sacrifice Freja's favorite drone?
01[20:27] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::It is at that moment that the two Slecas come loping into view, like robot hound-dogs, towards Mel's scout car. They clamber up into the box in behind it and grab more explosives, then settle in place::
[20:28] <@Caelin> +com+ they'll likely be out there all night, they're rather persistant ::to birkin:: i ordered them to fade back when we did, they'll be fine
[20:28] <@Gabriel> +com+ Detro, I'd like the standard at-rest dispersal pattern for this type of scout unit.
[20:28] <@Skritches> ::glances at the two drones and smirks::
[20:28] <@Gabriel> +com+ Get it from the NAI and send it over.
[20:29] <@Detro> +com+ Right. ::off-comm, to the NAI:: What's the typical dispersal pattern for a scout unit of this composition when at-rest?
[20:30] <@Birkin> +com+ Good. I'd hate to think of you sleeping on a rock tonight because you broke her favorite drone.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> ::idly begins to wonder if the Talons could clip a few from the herd::
01[20:30] <@Savant> 5NAI> ::considers for a moment:: *beep* This detachment is performing search Five-pattern-Eth. ::provides a holographic display of the search pattern routine, which, yeah, they've been doing.::
[20:31] <@Detro> +com+ Search Five Pattern Eth make any sense to you Caelin?
[20:32] <@Caelin> +com+ standard spiral search pattern
[20:33] <@Skritches> ::out loud to the drones in the vehicle:: Nice work back there
[20:33] <@Detro> ::sighs, addresses the NAI again:: Okay, that's what they're doing. But are they going to keep doing that when they halt their forward progress, or do they pull back into some sort of defensive formation?
01[20:34] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::In its tinny masculine tone, just like Michael Dorn, the Starcraft Goliath:: *beep* Ready to serve, Armiger.
01[20:34] <@Savant> 5NAI *beep* Unknown.
[20:34] <@Caelin> +com+ they're persistant, but predictable, they're difficult to approach when engaged like this, but easy to avoid
[20:34] <@Detro> +com+ Sir, I'm hitting a virtual brick wall over here trying to get your question answered.... I'm not sure what that means.
[20:35] <@Gabriel> +com+ Probably means you're asking the wrong question. ::grins:: Just pull the file, Sergent.
[20:36] <@Birkin> ::moves at the front with Roland, keeping his eyes peeled as he listens to the banter after a close call, glad that no one was hit::
[20:37] <@Detro> ::to the tin box:: IS there an at-rest deployment pattern for a unit like this, or do they just keep going?
01[20:38] <@Savant> 5NAI> There are twenty-seven known rest patterns for detachments of this scale.
[20:39] <@Detro> ::if he didn't have his gear helmet on, he'd pinch the bridge of his nose:: And which is the most likely to be used, based on current terrain and search pattern?
01[20:39] <@Savant> 5NAI> *beep* Unknown.
01[20:40] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Has crouched her Gear down and is peering very intently at an exposed rock face::
[20:41] <@Detro> +com+ Tin Man's got 27 potential deployment plans, no recommendations on which we might see.
[20:42] <@Gabriel> +com+ 27. That's impressive. Guess we'll have to wait and see which one they pick. See if you can sort them by expected danger levels.
[20:43] <@Detro> +com+ That's going to depend on what *our* planned deployment is, I suspect.
[20:43] <@Gabriel> +com+ It'll give us some idea how much trouble they're expecting.
[20:43] <@Caelin> ::from hearing the back and forth from detro and tynes::+com+ thats basically correct, we can't really expect them to take any particular plan in this situation because all are viable to them
[20:43] <@Birkin> ::holds up his hand and crouches doen as well:: +com+ Hold position talons.. Juno you got something?
[20:44] <@Marshall> +com+ We could set off another distraction and see how they respond to it.
01[20:44] <@Savant> The Talons wait, and wait, and watch the search party chew apart the foothills in an ever-broadening sphere. Detro's NAI reports a list of 27 possible outcomes, which eventually resolves down to nineteen likelies, then twelve, then seven.
[20:44] <@Skritches> ::leans back as much as she can in the chair and tries to relax::
01[20:45] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Olivine. You don't see it often. Utopia's a really fresh planet, a baby really, so you'd see it more here. It's a really frangible mineral. Lots of cleavage. Breaks easily.
[20:45] <@Detro> ::has the NAI narrow by maximum offensive firepower projection, best withdrawl options, responses to penetrating attacks...
01[20:46] <@Savant> Before too long, they pick one. They depart from Search Pattern 5-Eth and move to Station Pattern 12-B, which has them pull back and form a cordon line across the valley.
[20:47] <@Detro> ::asks the NAI about the new pattern being deployed::
[20:47] <@Birkin> ::grunts, giving the all clear signal:: +com+ Take some back with you to study it then.
01[20:48] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Nah, the pictures are fine. It's in the books. I was just wondering if there was enough here that we could blast out part of the mountainside and make a landslide, squash some of the attackers when they come up this way.
[20:48] <@Skritches> +com+ Interesting idea
[20:49] <@Detro> ::in particular, the tactical offensive capabilities of said line::
01[20:49] <@Savant> 5NAI> *beep* Station Keeping Pattern 12-Bee. Ideal for securing a corridor from lightly-armoured opponents. Limited offensive capacity, excellent response capacity. Best suited as an early warning perimeter.
[20:49] <@Birkin> +com+ More of them? ::Begins to look around at the rocks to see if he could spot and easy place to lay a charge::
[20:50] <@Detro> +com+ That line they're in now is set up as an early warning perimeter. Limited offense, but fast response apparently. Maybe they're getting something ready behind them.
[20:53] <@Detro> +com+ ::having caught some of the conversation also going on, glances over the various rocks:: Oh, and if you're talking about landslide... ::relays coordinates:: Big fat vein of olivine-bearing rocks there, I think.
[20:53] <@Marshall> Right on. ::slaps a charge there::
[20:53] <@Gabriel> +com+ Send me the pattern. ::fires up the tactical computer after making sure the vents are closed::
[20:54] <@Caelin> +com+ likely the rest of their forces, they realize someone's out here since they didn't find us, they'll be preparing
[20:55] <@Detro> ::best describes the pattern shown by the NAI over the comm::
[20:56] <@Marshall> ::checks his radiation suit again, hops out of Castle and grabs a drill and the demolitions equipment and gets to work::
[20:57] <@Skritches> ::absently taps the screen, lost in thought::
[20:58] <@Detro> ::does another glance through the tool arm's passives, then looks at the NAI:: Recommended method of disrupting the current station keeping pattern?
01[20:59] <@Savant> Drills grind and squeal against rock as demolitions are placed; meanwhile the Talons scrutinize their distant foes::
01[21:00] <@Savant> 5NAI> Bombardment of patrol flanks, followed by high-speed exploitation.
[21:01] <@Detro> +com+ NAI recommends a splash and dash - hitting the fringe with rockets, then a fast attack.
[21:02] <@Gabriel> ::drums fingers:: +com+ No gaps, no weaknesses. ::nods at Detro's comment:: Yeah, when the time comes later, we can do that, but not without orders.
[21:02] <@Gabriel> +com+ Still, send me what the NAI recommends as the most likely approach vector. I have a feeling we'll need it. Soon.
[21:02] <@Caelin> +com+those air burst missiles of yours would work well here
[21:03] <@Marshall> +subvoc+ Charges are set. Wired, and ready to rock. Pun intended.
[21:03] <@Detro> +com+ ::click:: ::to the NAI:: Recommended approach vector or vectors for attack?
[21:04] <@Birkin> +com+ Any of those drones in there look like they'd knock out our rockets or shells?
01[21:04] <@Savant> 5NAI> Unknown. I am not equipped with high-resolution tactical modelling images.
[21:05] <@Birkin> +com+ Because if not... Then I think we already know the answer to that problem
01[21:05] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ oooh, yeah, lookit that one....
[21:05] <@Detro> ::snorts:: Some help you are, then. +com+ Negative on the approach vector. Guess you'll have to earn your pay on this one, sir. ::grins::
01[21:05] <@Savant> Juno points out a big fat spidery thing, with a big tall mast in the middle of the Republican reserves; a Scytera fo their own.
[21:06] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: +com+ Very well, Sergent, I'll do my best.
01[21:06] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:06] <@Caelin> ::takes another look at the forces lining up, then over to the one juno points out::+com+ i believe that one will
01[21:06] <@Savant> that will work Wink
01[21:06] <@Savant> ::adds Caelin's in::
01[21:06] <@Savant> questions? comments?
[21:07] <@Birkin> Wounded people to the rear
[21:07] <@Detro> ya think? Wink
03[21:07] * Skritches is now known as LrdVampyre
01[21:07] <@Savant> Wounded people put yo hands in the air
01[21:08] <@Savant> Next week will be...? I assume you're setting up for an assault?
[21:08] <@Birkin> I liked the game, we got some good information. Even if it was in Talon 05 stanard procedure of almost getting ourselves killed in the process
01[21:08] <@Savant> I will try to rig up a map tomorrow, if that's the case.
[21:08] <@Gabriel> That seems the most likely, yes.
01[21:08] <@Savant> hee, well, i had to make it a bit more interesting. Well done on getting out though
01[21:09] <@Savant> okay, I will build you a map and put things on it.
01[21:09] <@Savant> so be ready! and be warned! I will slay you mightily if you screw it on up! This is not a skirmish with unprepared nobodies. These people are prepared for ambush
01[21:09] <@Savant> they have gotten abysmally used to being ambushed over the past few years Wink
[21:09] <@LrdVampyre> i want my tank
01[21:10] <@Savant> you will ahve to put up with your jeep and your faithful hound-dogs instead
[21:10] <@Detro> I want to be wound free Sad
[21:11] <@Detro> Failing that, a padded cell Smile
[21:11] <@Marshall> I want to go back to Troy and build a juggernaut =P
01[21:11] <@Savant> I want to be on a boat.
[21:11] <@Marshall> ON A BOAT!
01[21:11] <@Savant> but we dont' get what we want.
[21:11] <@Detro> grr
01[21:11] <@Savant> expees! one is for teamwork. Tell me about that.
[21:11] <@Caelin> we covered our asses
[21:11] <@Detro> Teamwork saved Detro's ass
[21:12] <@Birkin> detro did well with his NAI helping us out once we got into the forest
01[21:12] <@Savant> please be more specific Wink
[21:12] <@Birkin> The whole pestering the NAI to give us formations and looking up the way that they were moving around
[21:12] <@Birkin> Also yeah, we did a good job with our diversion at the Captain's order
[21:13] <@Caelin> the distraction, caelin having the slecas spit at the preliats while birkin roland and marshal sent out rockets
01[21:13] <@Savant> it was a good diversion, yes.
01[21:13] <@Savant> the Slecas wanted to swarm the Preliats, but they did not.
[21:13] <@Birkin> those things can spit that crap at range? like the dinos from jurassic park?
[21:13] <@Gabriel> LOL
01[21:13] <@Savant> their explosive projectors are like flamethrowers, statistically.
[21:14] <@Detro> ::just read the last word of that sentence as "sadistically" and it still works::
[21:14] <@Marshall> >=)
01[21:14] <@Savant> two points if you tell me about storyline. Care to expand on that a little?
[21:15] <@Birkin> Steelgate has stupidly good sensors
[21:15] <@Marshall> We got lots of information about Steelgate platforms and tactics.
[21:15] <@Detro> Rapid response and reorganization tactics
[21:15] <@Caelin> utopia is a baby for a planet
[21:15] <@Gabriel> The key thing we learned is that either Steelgate is in overall command of this op, or they're being used as cannon fodder by the CEF.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> We won't know which until next week, but either one is pretty significant.
01[21:15] <@Savant> oh, yes, the Scytera that you spotted at the end there? It's called a Telum-pattern Jereliat. JRtT
[21:16] <@Birkin> is it considered a medium or a heavy auto?
01[21:16] <@Savant> keep in mind that Steelgate is cannon fodder when Steelgate goes to war by itself Wink
01[21:16] <@Savant> it is a Heavy Auto. Jereliats are heavy Autos.
[21:16] <@Birkin> Whats its size? Bigger than a Cobra?
01[21:17] <@Savant> Size 8.
[21:17] <@Birkin> Big son of a bitch
01[21:18] <@Savant> that is two. Three for dangers. It will be four if you can tell me what you plan on doing after you break through the enemy line next week.
[21:18] <@Birkin> Call in reinforcements and exploit the weakness if we have the manpower/autopower
[21:19] <@Birkin> failing that, get tanked, hit on New Troy women
[21:19] <@Gabriel> LOL
[21:19] <@Gabriel> I was thinking more along the lines of finding one of their ambitheras, or something close to it.
01[21:19] <@Savant> high fives.
[21:19] <@Detro> Try to preserve what we have left after the breakthrough so we can break back out again. But yeah, shoot up their C3.
01[21:20] <@Savant> how're you going to keep them from figuring out that you're Terranovans?
[21:20] <@Birkin> ECM. And lots of it
[21:20] <@Detro> Hire Rick Berman.
[21:20] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Yeah, that's the ticket. We write the enemies as reallllllly dumb.
[21:20] <@Detro> And ah, nice idea, but ECM isn't doing a thing to jam their lasercoms that they love.
[21:21] <@Detro> Maybe if we borrow a little Klingon guile...
01[21:22] <@Savant> I'm interested to see if you can hide your presence from them. It will be difficult.
[21:22] <@Birkin> can we jap their laser coms
[21:22] <@Birkin> *jam
01[21:22] <@Savant> anyways, that's four! Next week, explosions!
[21:22] <@Birkin> the primary sources Im reading are rubbing off on me
[21:22] <@Birkin> D:
[21:22] <@Gabriel> ::chuckles::
01[21:22] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
01[18:30] <@Savant> SADDLE UP PONIES IM TAKIN YOU FOR A RIDE
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Detro sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
01[18:31] <@Savant> this is not the population I was hoping for.
[18:31] <@Marshall> woo
[18:32] <@Marshall> We're the ones who are always here though. Wink
03[18:32] * Roland (~nutterbal@CPE001839bd1335-CM001692fade4c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #bt05
03[18:32] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Roland
01[18:32] <@Savant> Okay. I think we have everyone here. Everyone who gonna be here at least.
[18:33] <@Marshall> Itz was just here. Must have run off
01[18:33] <@Savant> Now, you guys do not have your Commanding OFficer, nor your Executive OFficer here.
01[18:33] <@Savant> though you have an excess of capital F's
[18:33] <@Roland> FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----
01[18:34] <@Savant> is it explosion time? Are you ready to roll on this shFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---
01[18:34] <@Savant> question mark.
[18:34] <@Marshall> Rawk
01[18:34] <@Savant> you may answer now.
[18:34] <@Marshall> Own
[18:34] <@Caelin> PWN
[18:35] <@Detro> So Fraser's drunk and I'm obsessively paranoid, so I guess either Scotty or Marcy's in command tonight.
[18:35] <@Detro> Unless Itz wants to leverage GREL and muscle in. Smile
01[18:35] <@Savant> Itz is unable to play due to the fact that she has new job stress and time constraints.
[18:35] <@Marshall> I don't have maptool. I'm not in charge at all
01[18:36] <@Savant> the other option is that you can all look at the map and set up all sorts of nefarious traps and the like, and place your troops, that sort of thing.
[18:36] <@Detro> Sad Poor Itz.
[18:36] <@Detro> I've still got the BrainBeatBox, right?
01[18:37] <@Savant> yes
[18:37] <@Detro> And where are we in particular on this map right now?
[18:37] <@Detro> For that matter, where the known enemy position(s) are as well.
01[18:38] <@Savant> you may be anywhere within the red lines. The red lines are your Danger Zone.
[18:38] <@Marshall> Damn you Kenny Loggins
01[18:38] <@Savant> the forwardmost enemy camp is just off the map to the south.
[18:38] <@Detro> Which way is the wind blowing?
01[18:38] <@Savant> also, this map is the most awesome I have made to date.
[18:38] <@Marshall> Too bad I shall not see it
[18:39] <@Roland> How big IS this thing?
01[18:39] <@Savant> towards the southwest
[18:39] <@Roland> ::still loading::
01[18:39] <@Savant> oh, it's 1:1.
01[18:40] <@Savant> Marcy, have you at least seen the map yet?
[18:40] <@Caelin> enemy victory zone eh?
[18:40] <@Marshall> Nope. Not at all
01[18:40] <@Savant> http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7932/genethon1.jpg
[18:41] <@Detro> So the good news is that means the forest could be burned as a last ditch effort, if it's dry enough to go up or encouraged.
01[18:41] <@Savant> probably, yes.
[18:41] <@Roland> MIRPs
[18:41] <@Detro> Smoke would hurt laser effectiveness and assists in providing cover
01[18:41] <@Savant> Mothafuckin' Incendiary Rocketpacks.
[18:41] <@Marshall> We've already used some of your MIRPs.
[18:42] <@Roland> Is lighter higher or lower? Hard to tell on this.
[18:42] <@Detro> And that particular zone acts as a nice funnel.
01[18:42] <@Savant> lighter is higher.
[18:42] <@Caelin> i would think we've had the chance to reload since the recon
01[18:42] <@Savant> bonus points if you tell me what area of the world I got this map from.
[18:43] <@Marshall> Europe. =P
[18:43] <@Detro> Afghanistan
[18:43] <@Roland> Are we in the middle, or on the left?
[18:43] <@Roland> May Maptool is stuck loading 10/11, so I'm just going from the picture.
[18:43] <@Roland> Looks like the rockies and you just changed the colour. Wink
01[18:43] <@Savant> You're in the centre valley with the forest in it.
[18:43] <@Caelin> give it a bit roland, it's a big map
[18:44] <@Detro> Can't really deploy anywhere else hidden. The only good blocking terrain that'd allow indirect fire is outside our safe zone, plus I don't think we're really built up much for IF anymore.
01[18:44] <@Savant> ANYWAYS. The options are simple here. If you are planning on setting up defenses, we can do that in game today, letting you wait until next week, when you will have Prescot here to help, or at least he would be an extra body to stop bullets with.
01[18:44] <@Savant> Otherwise, we can rock the casbah.
[18:44] <@Roland> Need more bodies.
[18:44] <@Roland> Itz may be here next week too.
[18:45] <@Marshall> Yeah. This is not good for fighting right now.
[18:45] <@Detro> Agreed.'
[18:45] <@Marshall> Then again, planning is not great either, because not everybody is here to plan.
01[18:45] <@Savant> okay. Well, the maptool is up, because I will expect you to allocate trap and troop positions on it this week.
[18:45] <@Marshall> So we just have to delay as long as possible really.
[18:45] <@Detro> What's the combat scale? Normal, or otherwise?
[18:45] <@Roland> If the center valley is our position, it doesn't make sense to set up south of the last exit off to the right valley; otherwise we'll end up engaging forces that we don't need to.
[18:46] <@Roland> We need to lay traps in both of the northern forest passageways as fallbacks, should we start to be overwhelmed.
01[18:46] <@Savant> Combat scale is normal.
[18:46] <@Detro> Ugh.
01[18:46] <@Savant> no map yet, Roland?
[18:46] <@Roland> Not in maptool, no.
[18:46] <@Roland> Bah, red light went off.
01[18:46] <@Savant> sorry that your ABMs don't do mass-destruct on this map Smile
[18:46] <@Roland> Let me restart maptool.
[18:47] <@Detro> The narrow part of the valley, for those w/o MapTool, is about 45 hexes wide.
[18:47] <@Roland> Neither will tank shells.
[18:47] <@Roland> Speaking of, what's the deal with Dave?
01[18:47] <@Savant> anyways. Are we playing tonight, then? There is still a lot of time to play in, and you could quite easily do some good roleplaying and find things out tonight.
[18:47] <@Marshall> Do we have enough time to make some gear modifications? I want to see if we can hook some of those NAIs into our gear NNets before this fight.
01[18:47] <@Savant> Dave? Don't know where he is. Last week he couldn't make it because it was Lori's birthday.
01[18:48] <@Savant> uhm, if you want to make a computer interface? yeah, there's time to try that, but it'll be a slapdash job
01[18:48] <@Savant> Tinker fo sho
[18:48] <@Marshall> Aight
01[18:48] <@Savant> you guys have two minutes to decide what you'll be doing tonight, while I skip to the loo.
[18:49] <@Caelin> i'd say final preps are good for tonight right?
[18:49] <@Caelin> well making them that is
[18:49] <@Detro> One question would be "WWUD?" What would Utopians do. 'cause we'd have to expect the opposing forces to be looking for that, and going with something else would be an advantage.
[18:50] <@Detro> And IIRC, we DO have a rockfall set up somewhere, correct?
[18:50] <@Detro> Or is that not on this map?
01[18:50] <@Savant> you get to place it.
[18:50] <@Roland> Left side
[18:51] <@Roland> If I were them, I'd be walking artillery drones along the left side of the valley up near the peak of ridge to provide fire support to the group working its way up the middle.
[18:51] <@Detro> God I wish there was a Strategy skill.
[18:51] <@Marshall> Combat Sense
01[18:51] <@Savant> there is. It's called Combat Sense.
[18:51] <@Marshall> Wink
[18:51] <@Roland> Oh. Hay. There it goes.
01[18:51] <@Savant> hoorays.
[18:52] <@Caelin> woot
01[18:52] <@Savant> okay! So we're roleplaying. Let me brief you, briefly.
01[18:52] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit, Part Two
01[18:52] <@Savant> Morning of 5 Helanus, 462 UC (41AUT46)
01[18:52] <@Savant> Bittern Pass, North of Genethon, Central Sumer
01[18:52] <@Savant> 8 degrees C, slight breeze, clear skies. Moderate radiation levels.
01[18:52] <@Savant> Your night is a long one. You watch the Republicans blast holes into the earth and establish a new picket further up the valley spillway; they work all night. You barely spot a human through your binoculars - it seems that the Autos were simply given a task and then mindlessly completed it.
01[18:52] <@Savant> A long, cold night, huddled in the rocks. But dawn comes, and with that comes a new day. May it not be your last.
01[18:52] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge when ready.
[18:52] <@Detro> ack
01[18:52] <@Savant> We'll be starting just an hour or two before dawn. Enough time to do some shit.
[18:52] <@Caelin> ack
[18:52] <@Marshall> ack
[18:52] <@Roland> ack
01[18:53] <@Savant> So, last questions can be fielded in #LemOS.
01[18:53] <@Savant> let's roll.
01[18:53] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
03[18:53] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:53] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:53] <@Marshall> ::he gaped into the open panel with a flashlight, looking at Castle's
01[18:54] <@Savant> The night has been long, and over the course of it you have watched the Republicans construct a picket, using it to advance their defensive line forward. The area you had just patrolled is now firmly in their grasp.
03[18:54] * LrdVampyre is now known as Skritches
[18:54] <@Caelin> ::leans over a rock as he continues to watch over the valley and the new picket thats formed::
[18:55] <@Marshall> ::he gaped into the open panel with a flashlight, looking at Castle's "brain". He looked between it and the NAI sitting next to him::
[18:55] <@Detro> ::has holed himself up with the Brain Box and a map of the battlefield... unfortunately, he's more familiar with jungle fighting, not so much mountains::
01[18:56] <@Savant> Genethon is crawling with Autos - Pereliats moreso than anything else, spidery walkers with six rugged limbs and a host of weaponry. They're wider and squatter than a Gear, and they're able to turn in any direction pretty much on a dime. Not nimble, but hard to catch off guard.
[18:56] <@Marshall> ::finds a nice, stable spot for the NAI to sit and places it inside Castle, strapping it down and deciding how best to connect it to the nueral net.::
[18:59] <@Roland> ::stands over a map which has been projected onto the table in front of him, eyeing the terrain of the valley before them::
[18:59] <@Detro> ::massages his furrowed brow... he hasn't slept much, between the twinges and pulls of his healing body and having a lot on his mind::
01[19:00] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Lingers on the edge of the ridge overlooking the valley. Her gear is on its' elly, kicking it's legs back and forth like a child might. Or like Juno does.::
[19:00] <@Skritches> ::sits back in the vehicle, looking over sensor logs, waiting::
01[19:00] <@Savant> Captain Tynes and Lieutenant Birkin have gone for some much-needed shut eye, having worked far too long. Roland is in charge.
[19:00] <@Marshall> ::grabs a soldeing iron and get to work, holding the flashlight in his mouth::
[19:01] <@Detro> ::muttering to himself:: ...can't apply enough force at the bottom of the gap, too wide an area and too long ranges to reach from safe ground...
01[19:04] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Enters' Roland's tent, ducking low so that her Armiger-assisted height doesn't tangle her in the roof. She removes her helmet and stares at the map as intently as he::
[19:04] <@Marshall> 'ey! 'el! ::he looked over at Melissa sitting in her jeep:: 'imme a 'and.
[19:04] <@Marshall> 'ease?
[19:05] <@Skritches> ::raises an eyebrow at Marshall:: I'm going to assume that was an attempt to ask for some help as opposed to some form of mating ritual ::smirks as she grabs her toolkit and walks over::
[19:05] <@Marshall> ::grabs the flashlight out of his mouth:: Yeah. Histerical.
[19:06] <@Detro> ::sips from his canteen, thinking::
01[19:06] <@Savant> 2Dart> ::Looks over at MArshall and Mel, and continues to kick it's big feet. At least it's quiet doing so.::
[19:06] <@Skritches> So, what are we trying to accomplish here? ::looks at what Marshall is doing::
[19:07] <@Roland> ::mutters to himself and shifts miniatures around in the computer model as he tries to determine exactly the best way to go about defending this pass::
[19:08] <@Marshall> Well, we had quite a good experience with Trojan Battlefield NAIs in the field. Estrid and I were talking about the possibility of hooking one up to a neural net before we left Troy, but we didn't have time. I figure with the gear's sensors hooked into it, it'll work better, along with the fact that the NNet can relay information to the NAI and vice versa many hundreds of times a second.
01[19:09] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Studies the map a moment before putting her helmet on a belt at her hip and moving to the side of the tent, where a pitcher of water and cups waits for her.::
[19:10] <@Skritches> Sounds like an interesting idea ::takes a look at the connections::
[19:10] <@Caelin> ::removes himself from the rock and heads over to roland's tent, he's not in his armiger at the moment having decided to let it conserve power for the time being::
01[19:12] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::She pours herself some water and then, smiling as she sees Caelin enter, she gives him one as well::
[19:13] <@Marshall> Alright, we should be able to connect them. ::runs a cable between the two, securing the cable as well so it didn't come loose mid-battle::
[19:13] <@Marshall> Now we just have to get them speaking the same language. We'll need a translator.
[19:14] <@Detro> ::Talking to himself, going over the map:: The valley floor makes sense to retreat back along north - cover from air and pursuing forces...
[19:14] <@Skritches> ::gives the cables a careful look and pauses:: Well...they are both essentially computers...if anything binary should be a common language between the two of them
[19:14] <@Roland> ::grunts:: You two are the ones who know the other side. What way are they coming? Do they split the river or stay on one side? Stick to the forests or do they have too many drones to do that?
[19:15] <@Skritches> Or...if we took a datapad with Utopian and Terranovan....we could add a third element to the mix and use the datapad as a translator of sorts
01[19:16] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::She puts her arm around Caelin, as close as she cna get to "cuddling" in a big robot suit:: Depends how hard they hit the valley. If they send a few dozen, they'll stick to the forests. If they commit, they'll send a few hundred. They'll *use* the forests, but they'll cover the whole valley from end to end.
Session Close: Thu Aug 13 19:17:58 2009

Session Start: Thu Aug 13 19:17:58 2009
Session Ident: #BT05
02[19:17] * Disconnected
02[19:18] * Attempting to rejoin channel #BT05
03[19:18] * Rejoined channel #BT05
03[19:18] * Topic is '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
03[19:18] * Set by Savant on Thu Aug 13 18:29:47
05[19:18] <@Roland> <<bulk force>>
[19:18] <@Marshall> Well, it might be even easier than that. We just need to write a quick translaton program into the NNet. It's a computer after all.
03[19:18] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Carleigh
02[19:18] * @Savant (~mouse@S01060024012bf92d.fm.shawcable.net) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Carleigh)))
03[19:18] * Carleigh is now known as Savant
[19:19] <@Roland> ::frowns:: Well, these passes aren't big enough to send a bulk force through. So on the assumption they send a few dozen, our primary goal should be to make those forests...unpleasant to be in, yeah?
[19:20] <@Detro> ::makes notes on the map on his glove:: Rockslide here, try to make it seem natural. First line of defense...
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::She "sits" in a crouch, locking the legs of ehr Armiger so that she can settle at the same hieght as she would normally stand:: Oh, they could send a few hundred if they wanted to really clean it up. But yeah, the forest is important.
[19:21] <@Marshall> ::hooks his laptop into the NNet and begins typing away:: Castle, confirm connection November Alpha India One.
[19:22] <@Caelin> ::takes a sip from the cup freja gave him and looks at roland::if they want to try to flank our forces bad enough, they'll send the forces to do it and yes we'll be trying to make sure they have a hard time doing it but we'd also like to keep the pass intact for our forces to fall back on if need be
[19:22] <@Roland> ::rubs his chin:: So. Hmph. Explosives in the forest wouldn't be as effective as explosives in the open; too much brush and trees to absorb the shrapnel.
[19:22] <@Detro> Hmm. Wind... wind... predominantly to the southwest. ::frown:: Smokescreen might work, but also lets them know someone's there...
01[19:23] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Points at the map with a pinky finger:: Where are you putting the slecas?
[19:23] <@Roland> Unless we pre-cut the bigger trees, wire them with some light explosives, then detonate them and hope they crush some of the fuckers underneath them when they fall.
[19:24] <@Detro> Can't do a firetrap too far south... but something closer, in a good choke point...
[19:26] <@Skritches> ::looks at the conversions:: Well, they're mostly talking to each other...which is better than not being able to talk at all
[19:26] <@Marshall> ::nods:: I think I've got it.
01[19:29] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Uses her Armiger-amplified strength to pull Caelin onto her lap:: Utengelocht are pretty tough. I don't think a tree would squash them. They aren't drillgits.
[19:29] <@Marshall> ::type type type type:: Okay. Uploading the translation program now.
[19:29] <@Skritches> ::looks over the newly hashed dictionary:: Never thought I would be responsible for editing a new language...that looks odd. I don't think that should translate to "flip the bird"...
[19:30] <@Detro> Three chokepoints towards the north... Fire burns the ground units, air units are in dense smoke and dealing with heat...
[19:31] <@Marshall> Alright. Let's test it out, shall we? ::hops up into Castle, closes the cockpit, and looks at the nearest of the Trojan autos, one at a time::
[19:31] <@Skritches> Marshall...what have you been teaching your Gear's NNET?
[19:32] <@Skritches> ::continues to mesh the two languages together::
[19:32] <@Marshall> It's learned from the best, babe.
[19:32] <@Skritches> ::arches an eyebrow:: I see...
[19:33] <@Detro> ::frowns... it's not exactly a forward defense plan, but then again, they were charged with protecting the flank, and perhaps his plan would at least slow them down if they had to pull out::
01[19:33] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Looks up at Castle::
[19:34] <@Roland> ::frowns:: If they're that solid, why use the forests? Won't that just slow them down?
[19:34] <@Detro> Depends on how well these trees will go up. I wish I knew how well they burned.
[19:34] <@Detro> ::queries their inventory to see how many incendiary warheads are still on hand::
01[19:34] <@Savant> 5Castle> Geldsleca, identified.
[19:35] <@Marshall> Oh ho ho... Very nice.
01[19:35] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Shrugs:: Oh, it'd be Preliats in the forest. I guess you could get some of those. Just.. I think explosives could be put to better use. Like in rockets.
[19:36] <@Skritches> ::continues to monitor the translations, making necessary changes to the dictionary::
[19:36] <@Caelin> ::nods to freja:: there aren't enough trees down there to deal with the number of autos we might face
[19:37] <@Marshall> ::finds a different auto and lines it up in the gear's sights::
01[19:37] <@Savant> Castle is soon swimming in information as the NAI feeds it more than just target identification. It also feeds the Gear weak points, expected tactics, and other pertinent battlefield details.
[19:38] <@Roland> Then do we even bother engaging them before they cross the river? Are they likely to split into the two north passes or just take one?
[19:39] <@Marshall> It's good that we wrote that translatin program now. If we install these on the other gears it'll only take a few minutes.
01[19:39] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> They might just take one. If they don't suspect we're in both, they'll just to east. ::She sips her drink daintily, comical with the huge Armiger hands:: You'll want a good spot. For the Scyteras.
[19:40] <@Skritches> ::nods:: Yup....wonder which side is getting more out of this exchange
[19:40] <@Roland> The one with the river? Why that one?
[19:40] <@Marshall> What do you mean?
01[19:41] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> Closer to the open valley.
[19:42] <@Roland> ::looks at the map:: So they won't cross the river; they'll just wade into it as they're making for the eastern pass.
01[19:43] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Has given her watch post to an Armiger with his pet Auto, leaving her Gear locked up with the others. She looks exhausted but quite happy.::
[19:43] <@Caelin> ::nods:: most of the heavier autos won't be able to cross anyway
[19:44] <@Roland> ::points:: If they encounter resistance at the eastern pass as they try to enter, are they more likely to press or try to flank around the western pass?
01[19:44] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::points thoughtfully:: Unless tehy think we're waiting ot ambush them from that fork of the valley. Then they'd want to clear it out. That would be worth a few dozen autos.
[19:44] <@Detro> ::sketches out some basic firelines, remote-detonated to be used as traps for units in the forest... there being an excellent choke point in three mini-valleys to the north end of the map::
[19:46] <@Detro> ::looks down at the brain box:: I don't suppose you know what effects a good forest fire would have on the enemy units we've sighted.
01[19:47] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Murmurs to Caelin:: Te me heppan? ::Then begins to pop open the bolts of her Armiger as best as she's able:: I bet they'll press. They're stubborn like that. They'd just send in their Fugamats.
01[19:48] <@Savant> 5NAI Fire is rated a class D threat to most Republican weapon systems.
[19:48] <@Marshall> Juno. Come here. You have to check this out!
01[19:48] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::walks past Marshall like a zombie::
[19:48] <@Detro> And Class D is what again?
[19:49] <@Marshall> Or..maybe you don't. It's really cool though.
01[19:49] <@Savant> 5NAI> Class D threats are suboptimal threats beneath a class C rating.
[19:49] <@Roland> ::considers that for a moment:: Okay. Fuck. Alright.
01[19:49] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> uh? ::blinks at Marshall::
[19:49] <@Skritches> ::watches Juno walk by:: Best let her get some sleep ::stifles a yawn::
[19:49] <@Caelin> ::nods and helps freja out of her armiger, looking back at roland:: there was one bit of information i was wanting to get before we encountered that picket...did steelgate bring one of their armegeddon autotanks with them?
[19:49] <@Roland> We need to stall them as they enter the eastern pass. Make it seem as though they're coming up against stiff resistance. When that happens, you think they'll press.
[19:50] <@Marshall> No. Nothing. I'll show you later, when you wake up.
[19:50] <@Roland> Fine. They press. Eastern pass group falls backwards. Running retreat. Draw them further into the pass.
[19:50] <@Roland> If they leave the western pass, and we have units stationed there, they can then sweep around and crash into their rear once they're fully engaged and have been drawn north.
[19:51] <@Detro> ::sighs... these boxes can be so damned literal sometimes:: Provide examples of Class D and C threats.
[19:52] <@Roland> If they expect an ambush from the split, you think they'll have a dozen or more autos stationed there as they press inwards on the eastern pass. We set up a rockslide to remove them before the group in the western pass swings around into the eastern one.
[19:53] <@Roland> We use the Sleca's to put up the initial defense and to draw them into the pass. Talons in the western pass to crash into their ass -- we'll be better off both cleaning up any autos left at the split after the rockslide, as well well as dealing with any further surprises from the south.
01[19:53] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Wriggles half out of her Armiger, then rolls her shoulders and stretches her arms. She beams lazily at Caelin:: M, ist bitar. ::Then nods at Roland:: That works. Oh, I think I saw the Dux Bellum. That's the one with the two big cannons on the sides. Right?
01[19:54] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::grins affably and kisses Marshall's forehead before stumbling off to bed:: Wake me up if things start splodin. They won't wake me up on their own.
[19:55] <@Caelin> ::nods and frowns::they're pretty serious about this then if they brought the Dux Bellum
[19:55] <@Detro> ::raps on the brain box's casing::
[19:55] <@Caelin> now the question is will they keep it with the main force or bring it down this pass
[19:56] <@Roland> ::straightens, crosses his arms:: If they don't press, but move the bulk of their forces into the western pass....we'll just have to hope we can hold both lines, or the Slecas can clear the skirmish group and then hit anybody coming into the western pass in the ass.
01[19:56] <@Savant> 5NAI> Class D threats include light non-adhesive incendiary attacks, indirect shrapnel, light concussive, and small arms attacks. Class C threats include concussive, adhesive incendiary, and other asociated effects.
[19:59] <@Skritches> ::gives the dictionary one more scan and then nods:: Looks like the book is good
[19:59] <@Marshall> ::grabs a few more NAI's, his toolkit, and his laptop and heads over to the gear pen and gets to work installing them::
[19:59] <@Detro> ::sighs:: So much for using that aspect of the terrain. ::saves the map to his dataglove and grunts as he gets up from his little niche::
01[20:00] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> I think it's good. Where are the Scyteras going to go?
[20:04] <@Skritches> ::stretches and absently pats the drone on the head before heading back to her vehicle::
[20:04] <@Marshall> ::opens up Zealot next, repeating the same procedure he just did on Castle::
[20:04] <@Caelin> ::thinks a moment:: we could keep the scyteras in the trees for cover, maybe have some sphidras or slecas hide along the slopes as lookouts
01[20:05] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::beeps and follows Mel::
[20:06] <@Marshall> Thanks Skritches. Owe you one.
[20:06] <@Roland> ::frowns:: If you think they'll start raining fire down on the Slecas, the Scyteras should be with them. If it's more likely we'll get hit when we pincer, they should be with us or on the south of the western forest.
01[20:07] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::purses her lips:: I don't know.
[20:07] <@Roland> What's the range on their cover?
[20:07] <@Skritches> No problem ::calls out as she walks around Bonaparte before going into the drone bay::
[20:07] <@Detro> ::wanders over to Uchiwa, sitting on its foot actuator and looking up at the torso::
01[20:07] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::peers into the darkened bay::
02[20:08] * @Marshall (~Rana@ip70-178-31-189.ks.ks.cox.net) Quit (Quit: )
01[20:08] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> Mm. About half a click or so.
[20:08] <@Skritches> ::glances over her shoulder to see the drone there:: Well, hi ::smiles and waves at it before putting her toolkit in storage::
01[20:09] <@Savant> ((EDit that to a quarter click. My bad. I need to read my own numbers::
[20:10] <@Caelin> the scyteras are larger than the slecas, even with the black armor they aren't as stealthy as the slecas are
01[20:10] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> *beep* Hello Autowarden.
[20:10] <@Roland> ::frowns::
[20:11] <@Detro> ::taps on his data glove, sending off the comment that they could use the flammables from the IRPs to set up remote detonated fire lines as a possible distraction, or to use smoke as cover::
01[20:11] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> We have six. I think.
[20:11] <@Roland> If the Selecas are able to draw the enemy force into the pass, they likely won't be hitting it with artillery as they go...unless they roll their thunder. Is that a common tactic for artillery here?
01[20:12] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::nods:: very. ::then smiles briefly:: You use the same word for it.
[20:12] <@Detro> ::wonders if this is how his father felt before he died -- a sole Peacekeeper against the CEF horde....::
[20:13] <@Roland> ::smirks:: Ah yes. Humanity. United in similarities by war.
[20:13] <@Skritches> ::finishes up inside the bay and and clambers out:: I have to say, you Slecas are quite impressive
[20:13] <@Roland> The Slecas will probably come under artillery fire as they draw the group in, then.
01[20:14] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> They know how to take cover. They engage close.
01[20:15] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> *beep* Please rephrase, Autowarden.
[20:15] <@Caelin> ::smirks::if they bring their Jurgiat heavy autos this way we'll likely see some Thunder or Scindas patterns, we can probably compare those to the gear Lieutenant Birkin piloted back on caprice, Cerberus was it?
[20:15] <@Roland> Close enough that it'd make the enemy think twice of firing in fear of hitting their own?
[20:16] <@Roland> If so they'll need to be with us. If the artillery hasn't kicked off by that point, we're sure as hell going to get clobbered with it when we engage.
[20:16] <@Detro> ::looks at the brain box -- he'd been about to ask it what the survival rate of units engaging this kind of enemy scout force were, but thought better of it. They were likely taking the place of a handful of drones anyways.::
01[20:16] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> Right on top, if they can.
[20:16] <@Roland> ::grins menacingly:: If only because they'll be so confused as to what the hell is going on that they'll just want to start tossing explosions at whatever it is that's tearing their group a new one.
[20:17] <@Skritches> ::chuckles softly:: I am quite impressed with your performance. Your autonamy and creativity far exceeds the drones I am used to working with
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::grins a nearly identical grin:: They hate being ambushed. So much. They hate surprises.
[20:19] <@Caelin> thats why they go to so much trouble setting up sensor pods and pickets
[20:19] <@Roland> Oh then they're just gonna despise us.
01[20:19] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> *beep* I am operating at optimal levels, Autowarden. I do not require maintenance or recharge.
[20:20] <@Detro> ::stretches his arms a bit -- not worth thinking about the answer anyways. Best to enjoy the scenery, as best one could on a literally half-baked-with-radiation planet. He contemplated the coming dawn.::
[20:20] <@Skritches> Another advantage over our own drones
01[20:20] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Puts her arms around Caelin again, much less awkward since they're no longer encased in metal:: That'll deal with the first wave. Once they know we're there they're going to send a lot more.
[20:22] <@Roland> We get one free surprise. ::looks at the map:: But we've all got two sleeves; I'm sure there's more shit we can pull out of them to keep them on their toes.
[20:23] <@Detro> ::as he watches, he talks to the brain box:: So if fire won't scratch them... what falls under Class A?
[20:23] <@Skritches> Well, unfortunately, as much as I wish I could continue on without recharge, I need sleep. Goodnight ::pats the drone on its head again and makes her way to her tent::
01[20:23] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> There always is.
[20:23] <@Caelin> ::puts his arm around freja and rubs her shoulder a bit, nodding::with the way your people fight, i'm sure you'll think of something out there
01[20:24] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> *beep* sentry mode activated. Stealth banners active. ::Shifts its camouflage on and positions itself beside Mel's tent::
01[20:25] <@Savant> 5NAI> Class A threats include direct impact high explosive, massive concussion, and nuclear-radiological.
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[20:27] <@Roland> Nuclear launch detected
[20:27] <@Detro> So much for finding out what a gear punch would be categorized as.
01[20:27] <@Savant> well, that's good enough. Good! I was worried the game might be a write-off due to not having any bosses, but it looks like you got some good stuff done.
01[20:27] <@Savant> any questions?
03[20:28] * Skritches is now known as LrdVampyre
[20:28] <@Roland> Can we take off and nuke the site from orbit? It's the only way to be sure.
01[20:28] <@Savant> provided you don't get shot down, sure
[20:28] <@Roland> Heh
01[20:28] <@Savant> what you need is Scytera software on Pathfinder.
01[20:28] <@Savant> put those sniper lasers to good use.
[20:28] <@Roland> Add it to the list of stuff we wan't to take back with us.
01[20:28] <@Savant> right, no questions. Who wants expees?
[20:29] <@Roland> Actually. That's a pretty awesome idea.
01[20:29] <@Savant> pretty awesome? you mean fucking awesome. Scyteras are possibly the single-biggest must-have item you need to get here.
[20:29] <@Roland> Put that in the Terra Novan fleet, maybe they could actually do a stand-up fight against the CEF.
[20:29] <@Detro> Somehow I doubt that.
01[20:29] <@Savant> given that it's likely the CEF is installing Scyeras in their own ship systems? Probably a good idea.
[20:30] <@Roland> Daaaamn you.
01[20:30] <@Savant> Smile
01[20:30] <@Savant> one expee for characterization. learn anything about other characters, or your own character, tonight?
[20:31] <@Detro> Nope
[20:31] <@Roland> We share common military terminology with the Utopians? Wink
[20:31] <@LrdVampyre> I can get Marshall to say Please
[20:31] <@Caelin> roland tends to focus on one person at a time for information, tonigh it was scildfreja's turn it seemed:P
01[20:31] <@Savant> heh heh heh
[20:32] <@Detro> Detro has no clue how to really use this brain box? ::shrugs::
01[20:32] <@Savant> so nothing serious, then Wink okay.
[20:32] <@Roland> Freja is getting much more openly cozy with Caelin than she has previously. Ah, marital bliss.
[20:32] <@Roland> I hope it hasn't dulled her senses. Wink
[20:32] <@Caelin> seriously, i was throwing stuff out there as well, hell mentioning the Dux Bellum didn't seem to grab his attention:)
[20:33] <@Roland> I have no idea what that is.
01[20:33] <@Savant> she will be making a little wreath of daisies to wear on her Armiger's helmet, and she will be singing romantic show tunes as she guns down the helpless.
01[20:33] <@Savant> the Dux Bellum is a super heavy autotank.
[20:33] <@Caelin> http://talons.mcc3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Republican_Combat_Autos <<---down at the bottom:)
01[20:33] <@Savant> size 17, 2xHAG, disgusting monster of a machine.
[20:34] <@Caelin> 16 fricken action per turn
[20:34] <@LrdVampyre> i want one
[20:34] <@Roland> There's just one?
[20:34] <@Caelin> plus it's got it's own point defense system
01[20:34] <@Savant> no no, there's 4 actions, not 16.
01[20:34] <@Savant> That's the one she saw. There may be another.
01[20:34] <@Savant> the MAgister Praelium might be around as well.
01[20:35] <@Savant> and yeah, it's a Scytera by itself.
[20:35] <@LrdVampyre> all i need is one...and then all the drones i can control with it...i will take over the world!!!!
[20:35] <@Caelin> i saw 4 crew * 4 actions, isn't that 4 actions per crew which would be 16 total?
[20:35] <@LrdVampyre> err...i mean, help us win the war
01[20:35] <@Savant> no, four crew, plus 4 automation, makes for 8 crew, which gives 4 actions.
01[20:36] <@Savant> heh heh. Yeah, you want one of these, Dave. There's a monstrous high volume supercomputer in there. It feeds actions to the Autos around it.
[20:36] <@Caelin> oooh, my bad
01[20:36] <@Savant> the presence of a Command Autotank in an army generally makes that army a lot scarier.
01[20:36] <@Savant> Troy used to have 3. Now they have 0.
01[20:36] <@Savant> they hope to capture one Smile
[20:36] <@Roland> Sounds like we need to steal one.
[20:36] <@Roland> That sounds like a sub-mission somehwere in the middle of this gigantic battle. Wink
[20:36] <@LrdVampyre> hehe
[20:37] <@Caelin> there we go, mel need to hack into the dux bellum's computer:P
01[20:37] <@Savant> Dux Bellum: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m245/conundrum129/baneblade_1.jpg
01[20:37] <@Savant> scale's pretty good on that picture, too.
[20:37] <@Caelin> except 2 big fucking cannons
[20:38] <@LrdVampyre> so very true
01[20:38] <@Savant> yeah, two cannons, one on either side.
01[20:38] <@Savant> this looks more like the Magister.
[20:38] <@Caelin> and alot other close range weapons too
01[20:38] <@Savant> anyways. do you get points for storyline, maybe? Learn anything new about the Republicans, or the torjans, or the planet, or the story?
01[20:39] <@Savant> Torjans!
01[20:39] <@Savant> Trojans, even.
[20:39] <@Detro> Drones aren't afraid of fire and laugh it off for damge.
01[20:39] <@Savant> class D damage is just sub-optimal. It's still a threat.
[20:39] <@Caelin> drones aren't afraid of anything
[20:39] <@Roland> They'll stick to forest, given the opportunity. Though that's not terribly surprising.
[20:40] <@Roland> They're scared to death of ambushes, with is probably a testament to Trojan surprise cabability.
01[20:40] <@Savant> any army would be scared to death of Trojan ambushes.
[20:41] <@Detro> No one expects the Trojan Ambush position
[20:41] <@LrdVampyre> hehe
01[20:41] <@Savant> http://tiberiandawn.com/pr/Blog_08/MammothTankDesertCamo.png
01[20:42] <@Savant> anything else?
[20:42] <@Caelin> i fully expect colin to throw a Trojan Horse similie at us one of these days:P
01[20:42] <@Savant> maybe Smile
[20:42] <@Detro> Nyet, nothing else.
01[20:42] <@Savant> i leave that sort of cleverness up to you.
[20:43] <@Roland> Republicans like rolling thunder, apparently.
01[20:43] <@Savant> well, i will give you a point, because i'm glad we played tonight. It was worthwhile.
01[20:43] <@Savant> Next week, battle! I look forward to this. I hope it won't be a grindey as we're used to playing.
[20:43] <@Caelin> rolling thunder is a universal state of mind
01[20:43] <@Savant> one point, well done!
01[20:43] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group