Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talon Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> General Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Talon Tools Reply with quote

Seems appropriate to me to maintain a thread detailing any interesting changes to the various tools we've got going on for BT. You can access any of the three tools (forums, chardb, or wiki) from the main portal.
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the chardb to include user management and enabled the ability for GMs to add a new user. Now, when you log-in you'll see a second button next to the "Create a New Character" button that allows you to update your user info (basically, change password or e-mail address). Also, the logo now links to the portal.

Updated the forums to use the Black Talons logo when using the subBlack style, and to include a link to the portal when you click on "Black Talons 05" in the header of the page.
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planned feature: I'm going to implement a kind of XP tracking system to the CharDB at some point in the near future (read: when I have something vaguely resembling time). This system will help you keep track of what you spend per week, how much you have left over (as edie, presumably), and so forth.
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the forums in a number of respects.

Arrow Added all Talons players to a 'Talons' user group. Only users in this group may post new threads to the various sim-specific forums (Black Talons IC / Black Talons OOC). Any registered user may reply, though. Additional users may be added to this group by an admin or the group moderator (Jester). I had initially thought to set Mouse to be the group moderator, but decided Jester made more sense since Mouse already has admin-level power.

Arrow Locked off new thread rights to General Announcements forum to only Mouse and myself. That way, if you see this forum as having a new post, you know it's something you should probably check. This was partly prompted as a result of vandalism.

Arrow Fragmented the OOC forum from two into four. It seemed like there was a lot of equipment-specific talk, so I made a new area for equipment-specific discussion. I also made an area for absence notices. While this probably doesn't deserve its own area in theory, in practice it'd be useful to see straight-away if anyone has posted to that area, and to keep absence notices from cluttering up other areas.

I've moved threads as appropriate.
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Char DB 2.0 Reply with quote

Just wanted to make a general announcement that I've started coding Char DB 2.0.

Arrow It'll still be PHP (as opposed to Python, which Luke was pushing me to do -- sorry, Luke), but will be PHP 5 and will follow an object-oriented rather than procedural paradigm (for those of you who know what that means or care . Wink)

Arrow I'm going to also significantly re-write the backend (i.e. the database) that drives it. I'm going to try and do my best to make sure this has no impact on the current DB (i.e. I'll only be adding stuff to the database, not changing what's there or removing stuff). The intention is to increase the flexibility and abstraction so as to make things like XP Tracking easier (for me, for Mouse, and for you guys).

Arrow This revision will also see the inclusion of a more functional control panel, both for regular users but also especially for admins (Jester, Mouse, me). Now, Mouse and Jester won't have to wait around for me to add new people to the database or disable old users -- they'll have that control themselves.

Arrow I'm also going to look at doing some kind of rudimentary equipment set-up. I'm not really sure what you guys need for this sort of thing -- the impression I got was that it need not be nearly as in-depth as the GvE equipment tracking might need to be; just a list of who has what. If this is mistaken, let me know.

Arrow Also feel free to post feature requests here. I can't promise I'll do everything, but I'll try to incorporate as much as possible so as to give you guys as useful a tool as I can create.
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the DNS has changed over (for me, anyway), I'm going to go ahead and upgrade the wiki to the latest version. Please refrain from using it for the next 30 minutes or so.

EDIT: All set.
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be upgrading the forums to phpBB3 shortly. I'll be installing the new forums in a different locale, so you should not notice any disruptions. Once the upgrade is complete, I should be able to make a fairly seamless changeover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> General Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: