Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things to do before we leave Caprice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Planning / Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lykaeon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should move forward with Jacek and find some more sympathizers in Hakkar, this will kill two birds with one stone. We will have a powerful ally AND we can find out more about Utopia.

My question though is how are we going to carry out sabotage missions from now on?

I think we should put it to a vote. Collateral damage (i.e. civilian deaths) or not.

Civilian casualties are to be expected, but at the same time BT05 doesn't really have ANY guidelines. Blowing up a facility, CEF or not, is going to kill innocents.

Exclamation If you continue with it, you will be killing your support in Gomorrah (and I don't mean just with Karas)...this is a serious warning.

The CEF will spin the attack no matter what, but taking out civilians will lead to groups operating against you. You guys are heroes to Gomorrans, but you guys are undermining yourselves and other teams by engaging in such actions recklessly.

Don't mix the Liberati in with the Gomorrans, they are both Caprician, but they have very different ideologies. You are essentially trying to operate within both cultures and steps need to be taken if you are to befriend both.
Farrell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per discussion/rolls with Colin:

Arrow M.E. does not do any local hiring in the open. That is, they don't post openings for their jobs.

Arrow When they have hired locally, it has always been through their own headhunters -- they don't use the Caprician headhunter firms.

Arrow M.E. does order enough supplies locally to sustain about 500 people, give or take a few.

Arrow Mordreds would make good miners.

Arrow The Liberati have almost no current intelligence on this facility. They are kept quite clear of it. However, they DO know that there are some unfamiliar units operating in this area.

Arrow This is a strip-mining operation, so no tunnels.

Arrow This facility is OLD. It was abandoned shortly after Earth pulled out of the colonies.

Arrow Tynes has ruled out any attempts to get aerial intel on this area. (Can we call in the Goodyear Caprice Blimp for aerial coverage?)

The data supports a variety of views, but at least they're narrower in focus:

Question Is the CEF is "clearing their inventory" to support SLEDGEs and other nastier things? This would be one place to do so. Should keep a few good anti-personnel weapons handy, in case they've got BILs stockpiled here too...

Question Could civilian presence be limited to VERY ardent supporters of the CEF? Or is it possible that like (seemingly) many other CEF firms, they're actively undermining the CEF behind the scenes and that most of the people who were hired for that mine are somehow insiders?

Question Could this be a testing ground for new CEF technology? We know they test weapons in Paladin Lots, but to test new prototypes here -- and they're likely being made here and not on Earth -- they'd need some place secure and big to do it...
Jester

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be accomplished:
Arrow Get our two spare Jaguars to someone training Liberati Gear pilots (Junkman?)
Arrow Capture either a Utopian exo or raid Hakkar's files for what they learn about the Utopian exo
Arrow Learn some of what the CEF knows about Utopia (raid their files?)
Arrow Assist the Liberati in the break-out from Bastille Alpha
Arrow Break Mariko Sanvit's family out of Bastille Alpha (if there) and carry them back to Terra Nova
Arrow Buy food and supplies for the trip home

Completed:
Arrow Make a contact in at least one Caprician corp willing to sell to a Terranovan concern
Arrow Assist Merrick Helles's group with their attack on Vega Starport
Arrow Blow up something in Paladin Lots
Arrow Capture one of those light railguns
Arrow Establish the Templars as a more permanent pipeline source for smuggling things into and out of the trench
Arrow Notify the El-Hayar of Helles's needs (10 thousand guns, etc.)
Arrow Have a look at the El-Hayar set-up in general

Probably won't get around to during this trip:
Arrow Learn more about how the CEF's occupation of Caprice is being financed
Arrow Capture another octopus pack or two
Arrow Find out who's manufacturing octopus packs

To be done on the way home:
Arrow Carry Weire Cantor back to Terra Nova
Arrow Carry the Sanvits back to Terra Nova
Arrow Carry the Utopians back to Terra Nova
Farrell

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jester wrote:
To be accomplished:
Arrow Get our two spare Jaguars to someone training Liberati Gear pilots (Junkman?)

Can we drop these off on our way to Bastille Alpha? Have one of the support crew or an already-trained Liberati pilot (or even JM himself) pick them up on the way?

Quote:

Arrow Capture either a Utopian exo or raid Hakkar's files for what they learn about the Utopian exo

A quick op to grab this data might be useful, especially if we can make it look like we're going to attack factories where Utopian parts/equipment are being manufactured... but that said, once the kids were recovered, that was our deadline for any further actions in the Trench, since we needed a week to get things in place for Bastille Alpha.

Quote:

Arrow Learn some of what the CEF knows about Utopia (raid their files?)

Check to see if our remaining intel points can get us this information, but personally, this seems like a low priority issue. There's no reason that our Utopian friends can't give us some ideas, at least by the time we land on Utopia.

Quote:

Arrow Buy food and supplies for the trip home

Aside from food and water, what other supplies are we in dire need of?

Quote:

Arrow Learn more about how the CEF's occupation of Caprice is being financed
Arrow Capture another octopus pack or two
Arrow Find out who's manufacturing octopus packs

Actually, I was thinking it'd be rather easy to track down who's making octopus packs -- I can't imagine there are that many industries with the technical expertise and equipment to make drones... and we also know the CEF has an entire arclight station to resupply PLUS other drones they've thrown against us. Somewhere, some company just got a nice, big fat order that's going to really give them a good profit this quarter.

As for how the CEF is being finances, last I recall we left that matter in the hands of our corp allies. Any word there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Planning / Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: