Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMPORTANT: Server Migration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> General Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: IMPORTANT: Server Migration Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Over the course of the next day or so, I will be migrating from my current web host to a new web host. The new server will be a Virtual Private Server that I can directly access and administer.

Unfortunately, changes to the DNS (the thing that says "mcc3d.com points here") take time to propagate across the internet. As a result, when I change the DNS entry (which I have not yet done), some of you will get the new server, while some will get the old one. If people continue using them as normal, discontinuities in the data contained here on the forums, in the character database, and on the wiki will show up.

If you're skimming, this is the important part:

To distinguish between the old and new servers, I am going to alter the BT logo on the old server once I execute the DNS change. If you see the BT logo with a large exclamation mark in the middle of it, don't use the site! Any changes you make at this point will be lost. If you see the logo, please be patient, check back frequently, and once you see the regular logo, you are safe to post again.

I will post again before I change the DNS entries. This has not happened yet, but will very soon. I don't want to do this while you guys are mid- and post-game, so at the very earliest it'll happen during the day (EST) tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience in all of this.
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be executing the changeover over the next 30 minutes or so. Please do not make any posts/edits to the forum, wiki, or chardb during that time at all. I'll post again once the changeover is complete.

Everything above about the DNS propagation still applies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> General Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: