Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Transcripts for "Black Talons"

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Game Transcripts for "Black Talons" Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Black Talons in Session'
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Dimitri> ::Who wha?::
[18:30] <@Detro> FURST! LOL!
[18:30] <@Delgado> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Brad is now known as Mem
[18:30] <@Mem> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Scotty> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> good evening and welcome to a brand new story in the escapades of Black Talon 05
[18:31] <@Karas> ::attn::
[18:32] <@Birkin> ::attn::
01[18:32] <@Savant> Before we start, I just have to tell everyone that i'm not going to be able to work Crai-er, Scotty in right away. I'm doing stuff with him in a side channel, but he's mostly watching this game. Dont' worry, you'll see him back in soon enough, though
01[18:32] <@Savant> everyone read the teaser?
[18:32] <@Gabriel> That's a pity, and yes.
[18:32] <@Karas> Yarp
[18:33] <@Karas> Hope to see you soon dude
[18:33] <@Scotty> in due time
01[18:33] <@Savant> we've got him entertained, don't worry. He's helping with NPCs
01[18:33] <@Savant> want a briefing?
[18:33] <@Birkin> ya
01[18:33] <@Savant> Have a briefing
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2Black Talons
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2 07 Lares 275LC, 1015h - Morning - (13S TN1945)
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2 Baldren's Safehouse, high Alpha level, Gomorrah.
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2 22 degrees Celcius, 8% humidity, 115 millibars atmospheric pressure
01[18:33] <@Savant> Life goes on in the World City. As the Talons were returning from their successful raid on the Manchurian Exoterran refinery, Gomorrah kept moving. KSM has successfully avoided disaster with the loss of Manchurian as an investment, and Gallot apparently has caught up the slack. Gallot's future seems to be on the rise, at least for the moment.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Mem returns to find a lassive amount of money in his bank account. Karas returns to a murder mystery, and both Delgado and Dimitri return to the sinking suspicion that it's been far too long since their former Commander has been with friends.
01[18:33] <@Savant> With a close and loved team member dead and the prospect of new money and fresh success, the Talons can practically taste their revenge, hot and bloody. All that remains is how to take it.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:34] <@Mem> ack
[18:34] <@Detro> ack
[18:34] <@Dimitri> Achew.
[18:34] <@Scotty> lassive amount of money?
[18:34] <@Delgado> acl
[18:34] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:34] <@Detro> Caprician slang. Wink
[18:34] <@Birkin> ack
01[18:34] <@Savant> shush
[18:34] <@Scotty> hehe
[18:34] <@Karas> Cog!
[18:34] <@Karas> Rust!
01[18:34] <@Savant> -l +m
01[18:34] <@Savant> questions?
[18:35] <@Detro> Lassive. Born from the word "lass", in the context of "lady of the night", to indicate a very prosperous one. Quite appropriate for Mem. Wink
[18:35] <@Gabriel> None here.
[18:35] <@Detro> GTG.
[18:35] <@Detro> Let's rock.
[18:35] <@Karas> No questions.
01[18:35] <@Savant> Karas, you're just arriving from your investigations.
01[18:36] <@Savant> otherwise everyone's at home in the safehouse.
01[18:36] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:36] <@Savant> You find yourself back in Gomorrah, having been led back in by a small group of Van Saar. Nearly your first stop has been a suspended safehouse in the "rafters" of Alpha level - or the basement of Beta, whichever way you want to think about it.
[18:36] <@Mem> ::stands over the kitchen sink, hands cupped under the running facuet::
01[18:36] <@Savant> The building is a metal box suspended half a kilometer int he air by the dizzying, massive gantries supporting the city. A small landing pad outside of it acts as veranda and launchway, while a rusted set of ladders lets you climb up to the main level. It's old, dappled with grime and rust, but it's pretty much invisible to scrutiny.
[18:36] <@Detro> ::Detro is pecking away at a terminal, in the process of compiling data from all of BT05's sightings of arclight stations::
01[18:36] <@Savant> Inside the safehouse is little better. The building is a set of welded together cargo containers, the sort that might be laoded onto trains. While the interior was at one point clad in plastic wall sheeting and proper flooring and roof, bits and pieces have since been torn out here and there. The place is a wreck. Still, it's quiet.
[18:37] <@Gabriel> ::finishes going over the intel reports and other data that has accumulated in his files since BT05's last trip to Gomorrah and frowns::
[18:37] <@Mem> ::brings his hands up to his face and then turns the water off::
[18:38] <@Dimitri> ::Taps several keys on his datapad, cycling through several files, quietly reading, off in a corner.::
[18:38] <@Detro> ::it's mostly patchwork right now, though at least one spot is solid -- the known blast area of the arclight that nearly got Bonaparte::
[18:38] <@Birkin> ::has returned back to an old habit of his when he was young in the Talons, taking apart his Talon pistol and putting it back together again, slowly and purposefully, lost in thoughts::
[18:39] <@Gabriel> ::pushes himself to his feet, picking up his cawfee mug in the process:: We've missed a lot of news, it would seem.
[18:39] <@Mem> ::grabs a napkin and wipes his wet face down with it, then reaches into the refrigerator to grab a drink, only the kind he wanted is out of stock::
[18:39] <@Karas> ::Enters the safehouse and promptly heads over to Gabriel::...I've compiled all the data I have on a recent investigation I've come across, I think it might involve a rogue BT...once you've had a chance to look at the file I might have some added information for you to start your own investigations...::hands Gabriel the data spike::
[18:39] <@Birkin> Whats new Captain? ::finishes putting the silencer back on the gun::
[18:39] <@Detro> ::glances up at Tynes as he gets up, then at Karas with the odd news::
[18:39] <@Delgado> ::seems to be the 'lazy one' as she just sits quietly, watching everyone::
[18:39] <@Detro> Huh? We've got a Broken Wing?
[18:40] <@Gabriel> ::accepts the spike and tucks it into the cuff of his uniform jacket for now:: Thank you, Mr. Barthelemy. I trust that we haven't interfered with your day job too much?
[18:40] <@Mem> ::lets the door to the refrigerator close and he glances around the small kitchen for something else::
[18:41] <@Karas> ::Karas's eyebrow cocks at the obvious code word, then glances back at Gabriel::...I know this is not your doing, but I would appreciate your help in the matter considering the details...cog only knows how we should approach such a situation...
[18:41] <@Mem> ::wipes out the inside of a mug on the counter and then grabs the coffee pot::
[18:41] <@Gabriel> ::smiles crookedly:: Cog only knows?
[18:41] <@Gabriel> Who's Cog?
[18:42] <@Mem> ::mutters obscenities quietly in the kitchen after returning the pot back to the coffee maker empty-handed::
[18:43] <@Detro> ::blinks a few times, listening to what he can hear, and gives up, delving back into the orbital work. It's not exactly his best skill, but there's been precious little done to plot out the orbits, and not much of a chance of just wandering into the information.::
[18:43] <@Karas> ::its Karas' turn to be confused::...what do you mea-...oh my apologies ::he grins::...its a term used in Gomorrah...I guess you could interpret as a form of annoyance.
03[18:44] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:44] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:44] <@Birkin> ::Grunts listening in on the conversation:: We need to hit them back
[18:44] <@Gabriel> ::chuckles:: Cog only knows. And yes, if this is a Talon, I agree that it is our mess to clean up. But I'd like to look over the data and see how many of these attacks might have been staged by the CEF.
03[18:44] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:44] <@Gabriel> Have you done such an analysis yet?
[18:45] <@Delgado> ::looks over at Gabriel and Karas, their conversation catching her attention::
[18:45] <@Detro> ::in reality, it's really just busywork for him. Something to do to keep his mind off of how it very easily could have been him. He'd gone so long without loosing anyone who he knew that well. It would certainly be wierd working on keeping their gears running without Craig around to lend a hand or some advice::
[18:45] <@Mem> ::rummages through cupboards noisily::
[18:46] <@Karas> To do so at work, would probably catch the eye of more then one CID official...but judging by some of the tool marks I found...I'm led to believe this could very well be a Talon...I would suspect that his or her modus operandi would be your area of expertise...
[18:46] <@Dimitri> ::Continues cycling through photo's on his datapad, not hearing much of the outside conversation just yet.::
[18:47] <@Karas> This case is still very much in its infancy...whomever this is, they are a danger to both Gomorrans and BT operations on Caprice.
[18:47] <@Birkin> ::looks over at Karas:: Tool marks. Like what.
[18:47] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: You have a copy? If so, please give that copy to Master Sergeant Cr-- rather, to Dekarch Childs.
[18:47] <@Detro> ::forces his mind off the topic, deciding to see if there were any news service reports on the Arclights doing any sort of test firing, or firing on other Talons or Liberati on the surface::
02[18:47] * +dak-obs (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[18:47] <@Detro> ::that is, going back through their archives::
[18:48] <@Mem> ::passes through the living room, dragging his feet a bit::
[18:48] <@Gabriel> Ask her to look over that part of the data, see what she can pick up.
[18:48] <@Karas> ::brings up a set of photos he took...:: I suspect these might be similar to the ones on your own tools...its all circumstantial, but its all we have right now.
[18:48] <@Gabriel> ::glances over at Delgado:: It seems your old CO has... expanded her mandate somewhat.
[18:50] <@Mem> ::sits heavily at a folding table off to the side of the room and lifts up his computer screen::
[18:50] <@Birkin> ::looks at the Captain:: You think the Commandant did this?
[18:50] <@Delgado> ::arches an eyebrow:: What happend to the 'staged by the CEF'?
[18:50] <@Detro> ::finds a news report on recent Arclight activity... only it's outbound, to target an asteroid. Using the projected impact point of the asteroid, he tries to figure out where the arclight station most likely was that took out the asteroid::
01[18:51] <@Savant> The building groans quietly as something shifts just a little bit. It's well suspended in place, and there's no worry of falling to your doom, but the more perceptive of you can feel a little vibration. it's unsettling.
[18:51] <@Karas> ::Karas' looks at Delgado then to Gabriel:: Can you be sure though?...I've also gathered some info from another of my contacts...he has made mention of a gand on Alpha level that has been stealing weapons and selling them to the highest bidder...many of which could have been used in these attacks...I kept this out of the file, so that we might look into it.
[18:51] <@Karas> <<gang>>
[18:51] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: The difficulty will be separating out what has been done by whom.
[18:52] <@Detro> ::frowns briefly, then chalks it up to just old age and continues his calculations, being the optimistic person he is::
[18:52] <@Dimitri> ::Eyes the gathering, noticing they're in a rather engaged discussion. He clips off his datapad, before moving up to listen to the discussion. ::
[18:52] <@Mem> ::rubs his eyes briefly while the computer boots up, then starts checking on business news::
[18:52] <@Melissa> ::looks about the room as the building shifts then turns back to her scorpion drone; the laser cutter was in place and the winch assembly was coming along just fine::
[18:53] <@Delgado> ::looka down for a moment then shakes her head:: It has to be someone else other than Blia. Just more damn propraganda.
[18:53] <@Dimitri> What's that about Blia?
[18:54] <@Karas> We don't know who it is, and as CorpSerf I'm against pointing fingers...but what I do know, you now know. So maaybe we might be able to crack this case before it gets out of hand.
[18:54] <@Mem> ::glances over at Dimitri and Delgado momentarily, maybe even suspiciously, but then turns back to his computer screen::
[18:54] <@Detro> ::massages the bridge of his nose with one hand. These calculations were pretty demanding...::
[18:54] <@Birkin> ::begins to dismount the action on the gun, having already removed the silencer again:: Let him do his job. If he gets more information then we can discuss who this might be.
[18:54] <@Gabriel> ::pulls the data spike out of his cuff and offers it to Delgado:: Private, Protector, would you care to look over the data? Take a first pass at separating out what has been done by whom?
[18:55] <@Delgado> ::frowns as she turns to Dimitri:: Tynes think Blia is the one behind the attacks on Gomorrah.
[18:55] <@Karas> ::Karas suddenly remembers something else...pulls up some more photos on a data slate:: Maybe these might help...there was writing on the wall...of a personal nature it would seem.
[18:55] <@Dimitri> ::Dimitri's face is fairly impassive as he looks at the dataspike being handed to Delgado. Then traces his eyes back to Tynes. :: Is that data the information in regards to that claim?
[18:56] <@Detro> ::Saves his work and closes the file for now. Getting up, he heads towards the kitchen, moving past the others::
[18:56] <@Gabriel> It's a list of the attacks attributed to Terranovan terrorists in Gomorrah.
[18:56] <@Gabriel> There's no question that some of them are Blia's work. But there are others, some of them quite... indescriminate.
[18:58] <@Delgado> ::takes the data from Tynes as if it were a poisonous snake ready to strike:: More CEF lies.
[18:58] <@Detro> ::opens the fridge and rummages through it::
[18:58] <@Mem> ::listens to Karas while doing some searching through market trends:: Husband? Not really a lot of married Talon members, for obvious reasons.
[18:58] <@Gabriel> Then you two are the perfect people to investigate this.
[18:58] <@Dimitri> Can I see that? ::Leans in to glance at the data slate that Karas has with the writing. His eyes scanning the information. ::
[18:59] <@Detro> ::muttering as he does so:: Purple stuff... "Ohn Jay"? ::pushes that aside:: ::spots something wierd, almost florescent. It reminds him of something he'd see at a Wierd but Tasty:: Hmm. ::Reads label:: Sunny Helios. ::shrugs, pulls it out to try some::
[19:01] <@Gabriel> I'll leave you to it.
[19:01] <@Detro> ::draws a dram of it in a glass and wanders back to where the others are talking::
[19:01] <@Delgado> ::rotates the data spike over and over in her hands as she stares off for a moment. She stands up and walks over to Dimitri, handing the data to him as if unable to look at it herself:: It just can't be...
[19:01] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Karas:: Mr. Barthelemy, I'd like one other thing, if you don't mind.
[19:02] <@Gabriel> I'd like you to investigate and find several locations in the periphery of Paladin Lots where we could hide large mortar tubes. Something on the order of two or three meters high and 40 centimters around.
[19:02] <@Dimitri> ::Takes the dataspike. His movements fairly mechanical, as if there was no life in his limbs as he slots the dataspike into his datapad. And begins scrolling through the information, his eyes scanning each line slowly, from left to right, and settling on a new line, like an archaic type writer. ::
[19:02] <@Mem> ::looks over at Delgado's data spike and then back to Karas:: You made copies of that, right?
[19:02] <@Birkin> ::looks between the 07's trying to determine what they were thinking now::
[19:03] <@Delgado> ::crosses her arms across her chest, hugging her elbows as she continually looks from the datapad to Dimitri and back:: ... Well?
[19:04] <@Karas> ::Looks at Mem:: Yes...I have:: Looks back at Gabriel...then waves it off:: You can call me Karas...as for the mortar tubes...ya I can take a look into that for you, although I might have to send one of my own with my hands be tied around this case.
[19:04] <@Detro> ::finds himself leaning against the tattered and faded wall::
[19:05] <@Gabriel> Oh? Why is that?
[19:06] <@Karas> The CID is going to be monitoring this case if not commandeering it right away, I need to gather as much info as I can, in addition having me poke around Paladin Lots right now while I should be elsewhere could arouse suspicion.
[19:06] <@Melissa> ::continues to tinker a bit more with the drone, listening to the various conversations, her thoughts still somewhat on Craig and what his loss to the team meant...he had been a good, loyal soldier::
[19:06] <@Dimitri> ::Stares at the tools for a few moments. His throat fairly dry. :: It's a possibility. These tools have been used for Gear maintenance. The handwriting is Blias in this photo. But I don't think it could all be her....
[19:06] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Fair enough. Do your best.
[19:07] <@Detro> ::he knocks back the drink. It's... about as flavorful as used motor oil::
[19:07] <@Mem> ::glances at Dimitri:: The handwriting is Blia's?
[19:07] <@Karas> I have a rather far-fetched idea...but maybe you might think it has merit...
[19:07] <@Detro> ::coughs, a bit raspy... as it kicks like a v-engine though::
[19:08] <@Gabriel> ::waves for Karas to go on::
[19:08] <@Dimitri> ::Gives a stiff nod. :: The writing on the wall is... yes.
[19:08] <@Karas> ...what if Blia was hypno-trained to do this? They could have pushed her over the edge...attacks like this will rally the populace against us...
[19:08] <@Mem> ::leans back in his chair, its structural elements flexing a bit as he does so::
[19:09] <@Gabriel> It's not beyond the realm of possibility, of course, but the obvious question is when?
[19:09] <@Delgado> Handwriting? What handwriting? ::steps behind Dimitri and looks over his shoulder at the datapad, reading over the information. She goes pale and takes a step back, hugging herself tighter now:: I can't... No. It's wrong. It's been tampered with.
[19:09] <@Detro> ::recovers, in time to hear Karas' idea... but frowns:: Right, but BT07's been assigned to the Trench. How would she have gotten in among the Liberati at the Vega Spaceport?
[19:09] <@Karas> What better way to hurt the Talons, then with one of their own?
[19:09] <@Birkin> ::frowns:: couldn't we tell that?
[19:11] <@Melissa> ::looks up from the drone, after finishing with the winch/grapnel assembly:: Why assume hypno-training. Stress of warfare can induce psychotic episodes just as easily. If she has lost all of her family, her grief could easily be turned into seething revenge...something that isn't uncommon in this group
[19:11] <@Dimitri> ::Reaches his hand up to scratch at his cheek, as he continues to reread all of the data. :: It's her handwriting. I'm certain. She also did lose family in the War of Alliance.. her child and her husband. Then when she thought she lost us...
[19:12] <@Karas> The loss of BT07 could have done it as well...but...whatever the cause we should look into it, the tool marks point to a Talon, as for the gun-runners...we have a slight lead on the CID, but I don't know how long before they draw the same conclusion...
[19:13] <@Mem> ::after overhearing Dimitri, he turns to look at Tynes:: Want me to contact Gotah about this? The other teams should probably know what's going on.
[19:13] <@Gabriel> ::frowns suddenly and looks around, then waves Detro over:: Sous-Sergent, it occurs to me that we're all here.
[19:13] <@Gabriel> Perhaps you'd be good enough to do a quick sweep outside.
[19:14] <@Detro> ::moves to join the others, though it's not far from the wall. He nods.:: Sure thing.
[19:14] <@Delgado> ::steps back up behind Dimitri and hisses in his ear for only him to hear:: We need to find her and quick, before the others. Before they... act rashly. ::steps to the side and stares hard into Dimitri's eyes::
[19:14] <@Dimitri> ::Pops out the data spike, having already copied all the information on it. Handing the spike to Karas, forcing it into his hand, as if it was flaming hot. Glancing back into Delgado's eyes, giving her a curt nod. ::
[19:14] <@Gabriel> Thank you, Sous-Sergent.
[19:15] <@Gabriel> ::turns back to Karas:: It's an interesting theory, and deserves some looking it... if we can bring Blia in.
[19:15] <@Detro> No thanks needed. I'd be a pretty poor Talon if I didn't do my recon work. ::grins, heading towards the door::
[19:15] <@Gabriel> Without that, I don't think that we can speculate. The why isn't as important right now as the what.
[19:16] <@Karas> ::Karas takes the spike for Dimitri as he watches him depart...::
[19:16] <@Detro> ::he stops long enough to pick up their modified phone... and frowns looking at it. While it had been Detro's idea, it was Craig's hands that had assembled it, made it possible. His legacy to BT05 perhaps::
[19:16] <@Birkin> You don't think you can get ahold of her again sir?
[19:16] <@Mem> ::waits for Tynes:: Captain?
[19:16] <@Melissa> ::sets the drone down on the ground and pats its head gently:: Okay, let's see how well you can climb. ::points it to the wall and indicates the ceiling as its target::
[19:17] <@Gabriel> So, please. Get on investigating these attacks. ::nods at Mem:: Please do, thank you, Lieutenant.
[19:17] <@Mem> ::turns back to his computer and works up a short report to pass along to Gotah::
[19:17] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Birkin:: It depends on if she wants to come in, Sergent. I would hope that she would. But some of these attacks... ::shakes his head::
[19:17] <@Detro> ::after grabbing his brass knuckles, hat, and a vibroknife that he concealed in an arm sheath, he steps outside::
[19:17] <@Gabriel> So, for now, we can try to bring her in, and hope that she'll come in.
[19:18] <@Delgado> ::hears the conversation around her and how no one is about to let this drop nicely, she so turns to Gabriel, trying to do some damage control:: Dimitri and myself will bring her in. ::glances at Dimitri before looking back at Gabriel:: She'll listen to us. ::places a slight emphasis on 'us'::
[19:18] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I hope you're right. Get busy on that analysis, Private. And see if you can infer where she is now.
[19:19] <@Karas> ...I could use there help with the investigation Gabriel...may I accompany them?
[19:19] <@Detro> ::he slipped out into the hall and closed the door, heading towards his right::
[19:19] <@Dimitri> ::Gives Gabriel a salute. :: Sir, we're the only ones who .. should do something like this. No offense sir. But this is Talon 07 Business.
[19:19] <@Birkin> ::exhales:: She's a war hero. I have a hard time believing this.
01[19:19] <@Savant> Melissa's little insectile drone dutifully clambers up to the side of the wall and firest its magnetic tipped winch onto a bare patch of the roof. It hits a rough rusted patch and the magnet doesn't stick, so it reels in its cord and continues to try.
[19:19] <@Delgado> ::glances at Dimitri then nods curtly, her lips pressed into a thin line::
[19:21] <@Gabriel> ::raises his eyebrows at Dimitri, then shrugs, very slightly:: I can see how strongly you feel about this, Protector. Very well. ::turns back to Karas:: For now, Karas, your investigation should fall within your mandate in corporate security. The Protector and the Private here will look over the data from a Talon perspective.
01[19:21] <@Savant> Outside, Detro meets stale, smoggy air, and a swimming vista of rust and steel and garbage and shadow. It's poorly lit down here, making it difficult to spot anything through the beams of neon light form levels above.
[19:21] <@Mem> ::looks between Tynes and Dimitri, wanting to interject, but decides not to::
[19:22] <@Gabriel> Speaking of war heroes... ::smiles slightly:: Sergent Birkin, I'm issuing a field promotion for you, to Sous-Adjudant. You're the new fire team leader for Blue.
[19:22] <@Delgado> Then it's settled. ::looks back to Dimitri:: Shall we get started?
[19:23] <@Dimitri> ::Gives a curt nod. :: Lets. ::Gives Tynes another salute, before making his way outside.::
[19:23] <@Birkin> ::stops playing with his gun:: Adjudant? Me? ::looks around a bit before smirking:: Thank you sir. I'd kinda given up hope on ever making that back home.
[19:23] <@Detro> ::manages to avoid not going into a coughing fit. Loyang was still worse than this place, but not by too much. Still, something in the gloom catches his eye briefly...::
[19:23] <@Mem> ::stands and offers his hand to Birkin, his face a little sad, but he forces a smile through:: Grats, Boomer.
[19:24] <@Karas> When do you need the Paladin Lots info by?...
[19:24] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: You've earned it, Sous-Adjudant. Means going a little farther forward than you're used to. Cerberus might get scratched, if you're not careful. ::grins::
[19:24] <@Birkin> ::Stands and shakes Mem's hand:: Thanks Lt. ::shakes his head a bit still stunned by the news::
01[19:24] <@Savant> Detro can indeed see something, but it's hard to see what it is in the shadows. Maybe just a trail of thick smoke spilling out from one of the buildings above and pooling underneath it.
[19:24] <@Delgado> ::stays close by Dimitri's side, shaking her head as they head out:: Dimitri, if it -is- Blia... ::just lets it hang in the air, heavy::
[19:25] <@Melissa> Congratulations, Sous-Adjudant ::smiles and turns back to the drone:: Come on, you can do it
[19:25] <@Mem> ::gives Birkin a pat on the shoulder, then sits back down, letting out a heavy breath, coated with anger and grief::
01[19:25] <@Savant> No, it's not smoke. It's something all right, though it's more of a slippery smudge of black within the darkness. It holds together far too well to be smoke.
03[19:25] * dak[obs-n-designing] (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
[19:25] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Melissa:: Dekarch, in similar fashion, I'd like you to take over the role of Quartermaster for Talon 05.
01[19:26] <@Savant> Inside, the little machine manages to snap its winch onto a piece of metal that holds it, and the scorpion drone starts to clamber its way up the wall.
[19:26] <@Detro> ::inwardly curses. He can't exactly run back in without tipping off whatever it was up there that he knew it was there. Can't stay still either. He starts to walk towards the access to the upper levels::
[19:26] <@Gabriel> That makes you the lead for repairs and maintenance. Can you handle it?
[19:26] <@Dimitri> ::Says nothing, although his jaw is locked. He makes sure he's a short distance from the safehouse, before retuning his datapad to operate on a specific frequency. Begining to have it radiate a signal, waiting for a response.::
[19:26] <@Melissa> ::blinks slightly, in surprise and then salutes Gabriel:: Thank you sir
[19:27] <@Birkin> So long as I can delegate it. ::grunts:: I haven't got near the expertise as Craig did sir. I'll work on fixing that.
[19:27] <@Mem> ::to Melissa, over his shoulder:: I've transferred the appropriate files over to you.
[19:27] <@Melissa> Thank you, Lt.
[19:27] <@Gabriel> <<Gabriel's last line was to Melissa.>>
[19:27] <@Birkin> <<er scratch that >>
[19:27] <@Karas> ::Karas looks around and heads back outside for some fresh air...::
[19:28] <@Delgado> ::chews on her lower lip as she waits with Dimitri, staring off at nothing in particular. She shudders once, though it's not too cold::
[19:28] <@Detro> ::he does, however, casually slip a hand into his pocket. He engages the hands-free transmit-only system and starts humming. As he proceeds along, he starts humming a mindless tune, punctuated by hitting his hand on railings, ladder rungs, anything that'll produce a good tap the phone will pick up::
[19:28] <@Melissa> ::picks up her datapad as she watches the drone climb and then begins looking at the team's current resources::
01[19:28] <@Savant> The team starts to spread out a little bit as some people have revenge on their mind, and others simply want to protect their friends. They climb up into Gomorrah's beta level, and a dingy area at that.
[19:29] <@Gabriel> ::takes Melissa's non-verbal answer as "yes" and nods::
01[19:29] <@Savant> Trucks rumble past as the ladder opens up to a dirty street, cluttere with garbage and home to a small community of homeless.
[19:29] <@Detro> ::his hand tapping beats out a warning: BEING WATCHED::
[19:29] <@Mem> ::picks up a headset, realizing Detro is out and about--he also checks on security cameras outside::
[19:29] <@Mem> ::leans back in his chair again::
[19:29] <@Dimitri> ::Begins to move more.. stealthfully Keeping along the sides of the streets, with Delgado in tow.::
[19:30] <@Detro> ::getting up to the top, only has enough metal to end the code with "RAFTERS" before he starts to head towards a convenience store in the area. Meanwhile, he keeps alert to any other odd things::
01[19:30] <@Savant> Mem catches sight of that oily black smudge sliding closer.
[19:30] <@Mem> The fuck is that noise?
[19:30] <@Mem> The -fuck- is -that-? ::focuses the camera::
[19:30] <@Dimitri> ::Continues to broadcast from his datapad. ::
[19:31] <@Birkin> ::looks over at Mem:: What's up Lt?
[19:31] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Mem:: Something, Lieutenant>?
[19:31] <@Mem> +com+ Detro, where are you?
[19:31] <@Delgado> ::takes a deep breath as she looks back at Dimitri, trying to see how he's taking it. Her eyes roam over him then her eyes snap forward again as she walks with him, trying to look like a couple of friends out for a stroll:: You're a little dressed up for this, Theo.
[19:31] <@Karas> ::Karas continues skulking, behind Dimitri and Delgado...he knew they wer up to something, he couldn't just leave it...he was a CorpSerf after all and they had piqued his interest::
[19:31] <@Gabriel> ::looks around the room:: Talons, weapons. Just in case.
[19:32] <@Detro> ::Detro's "phone" begins to ring, indicating someone's trying to comm him. He pulls out the phone, handily disabling the open transmit while he's at it.:: +com+ Go for El Tayne.
[19:32] <@Mem> ::points at the security camera footage:: What the fuck is that?
[19:32] <@Birkin> ::loads his pistol, putting it back together quickly and leans up against a wall in the shadows::
[19:32] <@Gabriel> ::heads over to where he left his own rifle, and slings it over his shoulder, then pulls his sidearm, checks the safety and the clip, then reholsters it::
[19:32] <@Dimitri> ::Grimaces, :: Sometimes.. you need to be prepared...
01[19:33] <@Savant> Then the black cloak pulls away, all at once, to reveal a still dark, insectile drone gripping the girder with all six limbs.
[19:33] <@Birkin> Fuck. We've been made
[19:33] <@Detro> ::Mem's comm squirts through out of the buffer:: +com+ Oh, heya. Not much. Just *getting* *out*, looking for *trouble*.
01[19:33] <@Savant> It is easily the strangest drone that any of you have seen. An insectile head attaches onto a thick and dextrous neck, leading to a long, insectile body - it looks like a praying mantis on all six limbs. Its' body is armoured with broad segmented "scales" that are black but glisten as if the thing were slightly wet, or coated in oil.
[19:33] <@Mem> +com+ We're evacuating, I think. ::glances back at Tynes:: +com+ I'll let you know.
[19:33] <@Birkin> ::puts his pistol away and grabs his Grenade Launcher::
[19:34] <@Mem> Looks like a drone. Melissa.
[19:34] <@Delgado> ::speaks softly through clenched teeth:: This is Blia. Even if... -if- it's true, it's still her. You know damn well she'd never raise a hand to us.
[19:34] <@Melissa> ::switches the safety off her rifle:: Not one of mine. Never seen something like that before.
01[19:34] <@Savant> It doesn't move, nor does it seem to have any weapons. It watches the building with what seems to be a ponderous red eye.
[19:34] <@Detro> +com+ Yeah, you don't have to *drone* on like that. Man. I'll come get ya. Geesh.
[19:35] <@Dimitri> ::Offers a ghostly smile. :: Doc.. she'd never hurt us. But if she's gone rabid... ::Glances away, and down at his datapad... as he circles around, taking a route that circles the safehouse from a fair distance.. ::
[19:35] <@Birkin> ::puts in an Armor peircing clip, taking a few anti-personel clips as well, just in case the purple people come to pay a visit::
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::pulls the security camera feed into his dataglove, looks at the picture, and frowns:: Anyone ever seen anything like it before?
[19:36] <@Detro> ::mentally runs down his inventory... not much to fight a drone with::
[19:36] <@Mem> ::looks to Birkin:: Make sure we have an exit.
[19:36] <@Birkin> ::looks to the back door, looking outside briefly in the shadows, scanning the area for anyone or anything out of the ordinary::
[19:37] <@Delgado> Oh Theo... ::all she can manage before her throat tightens. Her eyes burn, but her face retains the hard, stoic look she's good at, revealing nothing more. Xochitl had shut down::
[19:37] <@Melissa> ::studies the silhouette:: Not TN...and nothing like standard CEF drones...then again, haven't come across any of their spybots myself, yet.
[19:38] <@Dimitri> ::Gives her arm a small squeeze. And takes a good glance around as they walk, looking for anything out of the ordinary , occasionally glancing at his dataslate, hoping for a return ping..::
03[19:39] * Luke (user@lunoho.com) has joined #bt05
[19:40] <@Detro> +com+ Oh yeah, before I forget. Don't forget to show me that *new* *shit* you said you would.
01[19:40] <@Savant> The drone rears back so that it only hangs onto the girder with four limbs, and you get a sudden impression of the size of the thing. It's four meters long, and as it opens itself up it towers. A pair of 'mandibles' in its neck armature swivel up and away while armour plates pivot open, revealing gears and bare actuators.
[19:40] <@Karas> ::Karas continues to slink after the two making sure to keep to the shadows...he didn't want to start anything, but he wanted to believe that Blia was innocent as well, for most of his life the Ravens were portrayed as heroes. he wanted to be sure::
01[19:40] <@Savant> Moments later it closes the moving "scales" and clamps back down on all six limbs.
[19:40] <@Gabriel> Hmph. Whatever it is, it's likely not friendly. Let's move out. Birkin, take point. +com+ We're moving out. Birkin's on point. Detro, cover our butt.
[19:41] <@Dimitri> ::Looks around for any building high enough, where he could boost the signal..and more importantly... get to the roof of, with little trouble::
[19:41] <@Detro> +com+ ::still trying to stay under cover while edging back to the ladder;: With what, my bare hands?
[19:41] <@Mem> +com+ If we lose contact with each other, you know the contingencies.
[19:42] <@Birkin> Yessir. ::moves out of the building, staying silent and in the shadows, keeping his eyes and ears honed, but keeping a special few glances at the item in question::
[19:42] <@Mem> ::folds up his computer and quickly shoves it into his backpack::
[19:42] <@Delgado> ::subtly takes out her mediglove and slips it on, entering some data into it quickly before taking it off again:: Anything yet?
[19:42] <@Detro> ::looks at the phone... immediately dismisses THAT as a weapon. That leaves brass knuckles, which would barely scrape armor plating, and the vibroknife.
[19:42] <@Gabriel> ::waits for a 10-count, then follows Birkin:: +com+ Come back here and pick up any weapons you've left.
[19:42] <@Melissa> ::motions for her drone to come back down before gathering it up::
[19:43] <@Dimitri> ::Shakes his head, glancing at the pad again. :: Nothing yet.. we need to get higher , see if I can boost the signal...
[19:43] <@Detro> ::looks at the knife, and hrms::
[19:43] <@Detro> +com+ Need a distraction?
01[19:43] <@Savant> The drone begins to clamber forwards, towards the building. IT isn't racing forwards, but instead it raises its neck and head up again, leaving it highly visible
[19:43] <@Melissa> +com+ Sir, that's a recon drone...light armor, poor weapon systems, very good stealth though...I want one.
[19:44] <@Gabriel> +com+ ::heads rapidly down the ladder toward Alpha level:: I'll entertain ideas about how you suggest we capture it.
[19:44] <@Detro> +com+ I could always chuck a vibroknife at it. Hell, I might even get lucky.
[19:44] <@Delgado> ::purses her lips together as she starts looking around herself at anything accessable and yet not blaringly obvious::
[19:44] <@Mem> ::runs back to wake up Roland, then follows behind Tynes, strapping a belt on as he goes::
[19:45] <@Melissa> +com+ Would need a rig to control it ::waits a few more seconds before heading out of the room:: Or something that I could use to hack into its comm relay.
[19:45] <@Birkin> ::watches the thing move, wondering what it was doing and why it was making so much noise before he sees that something is in the way of the stairs:: +com+ Fuck. Something's in the way. This stinks
01[19:45] <@Savant> Birkin, Gabriel, and the others descending to Alpha find their path down the ladder blocked. There's a spidery looking thing, about the size of a man's torso, clinging to the stairs and looking striaght up at them
[19:46] <@Melissa> ::pauses:: +com+ One odd thing about the drone...recon drones don't advertise their presence...generally. It wants us to know its here
[19:46] <@Gabriel> ::leaves his rifle slung over his shoulder and draws his katana:: +com+ Got another one on the stairs.
[19:46] <@Gabriel> ::starts advancing slowly, the point of the sword addressing the drone::
[19:47] <@Birkin> +com+ We've been made. ::slings his Grenade launcher and draws his talon pistol, putting the sights on the things head::
01[19:47] <@Savant> The spidery little thing clambers down a few rungs, out of Gabriel's range of attack.
[19:47] <@Melissa> +com+ Try talking to it, Sir. They haven't attacked...yet. They might be neutral at the very least, friendly if we're lucky
[19:47] <@Gabriel> ::continues advancing slowly, forcing the drone to choose between the sword point and retreat::
[19:47] <@Melissa> ::to her own drone:: I like to think we're lucky, don't you?
[19:48] <@Gabriel> ::raises his sword slightly:: Identify yourself. ::switches to Highlands:: [H] Identify yourself.
[19:48] <@Birkin> ::instinctively covers the Captain, moving over to continue to have a clear line of fire::
[19:48] <@Gabriel> ::stops advancing for the moment::
[19:48] <@Detro> +com+ Going to try for the one on this end. ::observes the drone just long enough to identify a weak spot... finds several. He rests his thumb on the vibroknife's trigger, and readies himself for the throw::
01[19:48] <@Savant> The larger drone has continued to close in as the rest of the group makes its way down the ladderway. The little drone retreats as Tynes presses it downwards.
[19:48] <@Delgado> ::sees a kind of 'fire escape' going up what looks like an abandoned building and gestures subtly at it:: That'll work.
[19:49] <@Birkin> +com+ Large drone up top. Captain we're getting surrounded here.
[19:49] <@Gabriel> ::tries to remember some of his terrible Siberian:: [S] Who are you?
01[19:49] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::in Anglic, a thin and artificial voice:: We are Troy Spidhra 29717
[19:50] <@Dimitri> ::Gives a nod, guiding Delgado towards the building, working his way towards it. Only now clueing in to the comm chatter, having been fairly focused before. He glances kind of startled. :: +Com+ Situation? Do you need us back Captain? ::As he pauses in his step>::
[19:50] <@Melissa> ::blinks, hearing the voice:: They talk...hmm...
[19:50] <@Mem> ::looks over Tynes's shoulder at the drone::
[19:50] <@Gabriel> ::switches to Anglic:: And who do you represent?
[19:50] <@Gabriel> +com+ Contact made with the one on the stairs. Everyone hold up a second.
[19:50] <@Delgado> ::curses softly under her breath at their halted progress:: What now?
01[19:51] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::the larger drone on the courtyyard has a deeper and authoritative voice, definately male, but still with that artificial buzz to it:: We are Troy Sleca Three. Do not shoot. We are under orders to aquire contact with this target.
[19:51] <@Birkin> +com+ I'll watch the one up top sir. You got this one? ::reholsters his Talon pistol and pulls his grenade launcher around::
[19:51] <@Karas> ::Karas is clued in as well, but he can't respond for fear of being discovered...relief spreads across his face as Dimitri beats him to the punch::
[19:51] <@Detro> +com+ *Contact*? With a drone? ::frowns, but moves his thumb off the vibroknife's trigger::
[19:51] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement over his shoulder at Birkin:: Which target? Orders from whom?
[19:51] <@Gabriel> ::opens his mic so that all the Talons can hear what he's hearing::
[19:51] <@Detro> ::He also backs up just a bit to make sure the drone can't see him easily::
[19:51] <@Birkin> ::points his grenade launcher at the large drone even as it speaks::
[19:52] <@Birkin> ::mutters a bit of Siberian, probably something about how much he loves eggs for breakfast, instead of how much earthers enjoy carnal relations with their own mothers::
[19:52] <@Melissa> That has to be some impressive algorithm to speak or a very simple program...but the designs...AI? Now, there is a thought...oh, I definitely want these
01[19:53] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> This unit is not able to comply with that request. Relaiying request, please stand by.
[19:53] <@Dimitri> ::Listens as the comm is set to hear the situation, he grasps Xochitl arm. :: Seems there's trouble at the nest.. but we're listening in.. they don't seem to need us yet... lets continue for our sightseeing. ::And begins to move towards that building they spotted a few moments ago. Ditching into the alley as stealthfully as they could. ::
01[19:53] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::The drones' tone changes slightly:: Greetings.
[19:54] <@Delgado> ::picks up her steps, feeling stuck between a rock and a hard place. However, all things considered, Blia was just a -little- higher on her priority list right now::
[19:55] <@Detro> ::listens in on the open comm as he holds position awkwardly... could this be a CEF trap?:: Sir, watch this thing. It's decidedly not Caprician OR CEF in nature.
[19:55] <@Detro> ((+com+ that))
[19:56] <@Mem> ::frowns:: We aren't dead yet. That's good.
01[19:56] <@Savant> The larger drone, by this point, is hanging upside down overtop of the "veranda", looking down at the little courtyard, while the smaller Spidhra is still backed away on the ladder.
[19:57] <@Gabriel> ::to Spidhra:: How are the two of you connected? Who do you represent? Who are your orders from?
[19:57] <@Birkin> ::holds steady on the larger drone:: This is fucking weird..
[19:57] <@Dimitri> :: Glances around, and begins to make his way up towards the roof, working towards a rather quiet entry up::
[19:57] <@Melissa> ::stays just inside the doorframe, holding her drone with one hand, the Sfika rifle with the other::
[19:58] <@Delgado> ::however, the coms are sounding rather interesting as she continues her trek with Dimitri:: What the hell is going on over there?
01[19:58] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> This unit is not authorized to discuss network protocol. This unit is not authorized to discuss its mission profile.
[19:58] <@Detro> +com+ This could be a delay tactic. Recommend anyone not necessary there get out.
[19:58] <@Karas> ::follows Dimitri and Delgado, making sure not to lose sight of them...he found it strangely ironic to be tailing Ravens, but then again it wasn't th first time he had to tail a friend::
[19:59] <@Birkin> Know what my mission profile is? ::lets the audiable click of his safety go off::
[19:59] <@Gabriel> +com+ Someone come down and keep an eye on the little one.
[19:59] <@Dimitri> I don't really know.. but I imagine they have it under control if there isn't any sounds of engagement... It sounds alien.. but, we can deal with it later.. If it is a trap, having a few more people in the area won't help. ::He scans the alleyway again before begining his climb::
[20:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ Melissa, you're elected. Get down here and watch the little one. I'm coming back up.
01[20:00] <@Savant> The drones both react to the audible click of Birkin's gun safety by crouching down and shifting backwards.
[20:00] <@Delgado> ::mutters under her breath again as she climbs up behind Dimitri:: What else can go wrong today?
[20:01] <@Gabriel> ::sheathes his sword and and starts back up the stairs back to the safe house::
[20:01] <@Mem> ::looks at the Spidhra as Tynes heads back up the stairs :: You were sent here to contact us. By doing this so openly you may jeopardize our safety.
[20:01] <@Melissa> +com+ Aye sir. ::moves out of the house and moving down to where other drone was. Setting her own scorpion down, she had to refrain from waving at the spider as she began to watch it::
[20:01] <@Gabriel> ::crosses paths with Melissa on the stairs:: It's very limited in terms of verbal responses. See what you can learn about it.
01[20:01] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::Its' clusters of eyes focus on Melissa, and it resumes a more neutral posture::
[20:01] <@Dimitri> :: Moves onto the rooftop, glancing around to make sure nobody is i nthe area, still having half an ear in the comm channels. ::
[20:01] <@Melissa> ::nods as she passes Gabriel::
[20:01] <@Gabriel> ::keeps climing:: +com+ Who's got a visual on the big one? Where are you?
[20:02] <@Melissa> ::looks at the spider:: Hi ::continues to study the basic design and layout of the drone::
[20:02] <@Birkin> ::exhales at least getting a bit of a reaction from the drones:: See. There we have a reaction from you. +com+ Boomer here sir. I got it. Didn't like me unsafing my gun either. It's got some good sensors and recognition software.
[20:03] <@Delgado> Damnit Blia... open your ears.
[20:03] <@Birkin> Look I don't want to shoot you ::talking to the drone:: But you haven't given us much to work with here.
01[20:03] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::It stands up again, looming above the heads of the Talons:: We apologize for the secrecy. We would appreciate knowing more about this target.
[20:03] <@Detro> +com+ I'm covering the big one in the rafters... as much as you can cover one with a thrown vibroknife.
[20:03] <@Gabriel> ::climbs back into the safe house, spots Birkin and joins him::
[20:03] <@Gabriel> ::to Sleca:: What target do you reference? Who do you represent?
01[20:04] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::To Mem:: We are not authoried to discuss the parameters of this target's mission.
[20:04] <@Dimitri> ::Curses, as his Datapad's screen fades to black. Staring in shock, his jaw trembling, and he nearly throws the slate to the ground in anger. Nearly. ::
01[20:05] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::then a cluster of "Eyes" turn to look at Melissa:: Hello.
[20:05] <@Mem> It isn't being discussed. I'm telling you. That giant drone up there in plain sight will endanger us.
[20:05] <@Delgado> ::blinks at Dimitri's change:: What?
[20:05] <@Melissa> ::to the spider drone while still trying to get a visual understanding of it:: What can you tell me about yourself?
[20:05] <@Birkin> One of our parameters is not to be seen, by any hostiles.
[20:06] <@Dimitri> The battery died. I can't continue to broadcast. It'll need to be charged before we can continue our search.
01[20:06] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> This target. Associates of corporate worker Karas, associate of corporate worker Micharin, investigator of terranovan activity.
01[20:06] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> You fight the Terrans, yes?
[20:06] <@Karas> ::Karas overhears DImitri's conversation...then decides to step out carefully::...maybe I can help?
[20:06] <@Delgado> ::let's out a wonderfully colorful string of Badlander curses:: You're kidding me!
[20:06] <@Gabriel> ::looks over his shoulder at Karas, then back at Sleca:: Why were you watching Karas?
[20:06] <@Mem> ::listens to Tynes's audio feed::
01[20:07] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> We are not at liberty to adjust current mission profiles.
[20:07] <@Dimitri> ::Feet spread out instantly, his muscles tense, and he spins around, his fist flying through the air. Stopping it short as he recognizes Karas. He was a little on edge. He slides back, his eyes glancing Karas from foot to head. :: You've been following us...
[20:07] <@Gabriel> <<EDIT> ::looks over his shoulder in the direction Karas went, then back at Sleca:: Why were you watching Karas?
[20:07] <@Birkin> I got to hear that line a lot::
[20:08] <@Delgado> ::turns around and her features instantly darken at Karas' presence:: What the hell are you doing?
01[20:08] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::the first tone - it seems to occasionally bounce between the two modes of speaking:: Target Corporate worker Karas behaved in a manner consistent with indigenous partizan fighters during observational reconnoitering.
[20:08] <@Gabriel> I see. Who do you represent?
[20:09] <@Mem> ::looks at the Spidhra:: So, is your purpose to keep us from leaving this location?
[20:09] <@Karas> ::does not even try to dodge the attack:: Yes...I thought you could use some help...hands them his dataslate...and HUI power source...look I'm a CorpSerf its my job to ask questions and find out who is guilty and who isn't...I want to know as badly as you do.
01[20:09] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> We are not at liberty to discuss current mission parameters.
[20:10] <@Mem> ::rewords:: May I leave?
[20:10] <@Detro> +com+ Someone ask the darn things what they CAN tell us.
[20:10] <@Birkin> ::tilts his head a little bit:: Where were you made
[20:10] <@Melissa> ::chuckles to herself:: Stubborn little fellow aren't you. Let's not talk about your mission. Just tell me about you ::continues to study the design of the drone::
[20:10] <@Delgado> ::clenches her teeth, hissing at Karas:: This is not your concern. This is a Seven matter.
01[20:11] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> This unit is to intervene in any departures without the use of force.
[20:12] <@Dimitri> ::Stares at Karas for a few moments, before taking the proffered equipment, working towards connecting it to his own datapad. Using it to provide power to it. :: Thanks. But I warn you, don't try step in beyond this.. help. This is as... Xochitl said. A seven matter. If we didn't allow five to assist us... :: he lets that hang as he continues working at utilizing the two datapads. Also working towards using the offered slate to boost his
[20:12] <@Karas> ::instantly goes on edge:: My people are dying!...and its none of my business! Rust you!...I came to help you prove your friends innocence...I want to believe that a Talon could never do such a thing, but with Ardel and now this? How can I be sure anymore...
01[20:13] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> We represent independant forces of Utopia who are fighting the Terrans.
[20:13] <@Mem> +com+ Captain, I think it's safe to leave. This drone doesn't seem to be programmed to force us to stay.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> ::blinks::
[20:13] <@Birkin> ::smirks:: Well now.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, Lieutenant. The drone up here claims that it represents independent Utopians fighting the Terrans.
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::to Sleca:: And how did you reach Caprice?
[20:14] <@Karas> You must be foolish to look down at someone offering their hand in friendship...she may be YOUR friend...but both you and her represent my heroes...a symbol for what I fight and will probably die for...
[20:14] <@Dimitri> ::There is an obvious snap, as Dimitri hands the datapads to Xochitl. His face screwed up in obvious anger. He reaches out to grab the front of Karas's shirt. :: Understand this. We are Talons. We will take care of our own Talon. Talon aren't supposed to be murderers. If she is. We will take care of it. Not you.
01[20:14] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> This unit is not privy to that information.
[20:14] <@Mem> ::smirks a bit and leans forward to look at the Spidhra more closely:: Utopians, eh?
[20:15] <@Delgado> ::takes the datapad with a wonderfully impassive face as Dimitri confronts Karas::
[20:15] <@Gabriel> Very well. Yes, we are fighting the Terrans. Do you have a message for us?
[20:15] <@Birkin> ::raises an eyebrow::: What can you tell us
[20:15] <@Detro> ::harumphs, impressed:: It'd be nice to have some other special ops types to link up with who were also fighting the CEF. Terra Nova, Liberati, Utopia... the thought was interesting.
[20:15] <@Dimitri> ::Lets go of his shirt. :: We may be your 'heroes' But even heroes can fall. If she has. It's our .. cleanup. There's no excuse if she's slaughtering. There's no excuse for Roland either. However, Roland will get his due if I can see to it.
[20:15] <@Karas> I'm not here to "take care of it"...I'm here to make sure an innocent person stays innocent! You sit here and tell me that it is your problem, but this problem affects us all!.
01[20:16] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> This unit is currently acting as relay. ::Then, it changes tone again - same voice, but a different manner of speaking:: We have contacts on Caprice who handled those arrangements.
[20:17] <@Gabriel> Please give me the name of one of these contacts.
[20:18] <@Detro> ::Contacts? It'd have to be Liberati... unless... could a Caprician corporation made first contact with them, and there be an entire separate corporate resistance beyond the Liberati and Muttawah?
[20:18] <@Dimitri> ::Grimaces once again. :: She is a Terranovan. Not a Gomorran. Our problem. ::His tone drops to a very deadpan:: I'll warn you only once more. This is a seven matter. Get lost, or suffer the consequences. If she's guilty. You'll be notified. If she's innocent. You can scruitinze her later. At your own risk.
01[20:18] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> This unit is not at liberty to discuss networking parameters. Please hold, and we shall attend.
[20:19] <@Gabriel> +com+ Everyone, fall back to the safe house for now.
[20:19] <@Delgado> ::calmly walks up to Karas and gets up in his face. Her voice is soft, almost a whisper as her eyes take up his entire vision:: You're close to the girls. I see you almost like family to them. Blia is our family. Seven family. You want to tag along like a lost puppy? Fine. But you -will- stay out of the way and you -will- hold your tongue or I'll quickly become your most immediate threat. Copy that?
[20:19] <@Detro> +com+ Everyone?
[20:19] <@Detro> +com+ Sir, I can pull back and keep an eye out if you'd prefer.
01[20:19] <@Savant> Again, the more perceptive of you can see a slippery black blot moving in the shadows of the girders in which your safehouse is nestled. It approaches quickly, quickly and with a minimum of fuss.
[20:19] <@Melissa> ::waves to the spider drone, picks up her own drone and moves slowly backwards to the house::
[20:20] <@Mem> +com+ Captain, I still recommend we relocate as our contingency states.
[20:20] <@Gabriel> +com+ Everyone. Get off the street for now. ::watches:: Got another one coming in.
[20:20] <@Mem> ::goes back up to the safehouse::
[20:20] <@Gabriel> +com+ Understood, Lieutenant. How would you recommend keeping these drones from following us there?
01[20:20] <@Savant> It pauses and "leaps" from one beam tot he next, one from which it can simply walk to the landing pad.
[20:20] <@Mem> +com+ No idea. But if they found us, someone else could.
[20:21] <@Dimitri> ::Glances at Xochitl, and then glances away, the tension in his body emptying as he begins the mechanical task of combining the two dataslates. :: +Com+ If someone can find us at the safehouse, wouldn't it be better to meet up somewhere else?
[20:21] <@Detro> ::pockets the phone, a bit worried, observing the movement... and carefully slides the knife home in its sheath. He walks carefully to the safehouse, neutral stance::
01[20:21] <@Savant> Then the "smoke" coils away form its greasy black shape, like a veil being pulled back from overtop of it. It's an exoskeleton of the sort you fought on Terra Nova, or have seen elsewhere in Paladin Lots.
[20:21] <@Karas> ::Karas is not even remotely shaken...:: Threaten me all you want, I can provide you with information and support here that you might never gain access to. I'm not a lost puppy. It was me who discovered your friends writing and the tools...I could have just handed this data off to some CID official. Instead I brought it straight to you so you could "handle it"...I've backed you both before...why doubt me now?
[20:21] <@Detro> ::stops dead in his tracks seeing the thing::
[20:22] <@Birkin> ::looks at the new one:: You want me to hold on this one sir. Or maybe oh mother fucker ::staring at the exo skeleton and turning his launcher towards it::
[20:22] <@Gabriel> ::starts to react, then decides against it:: Greetings.
01[20:22] <@Savant> Its' taller and larger than a man, but not so much as to be ungainly - it's anything but ungainly.
[20:22] <@Detro> ::drops to one knee and draws the vibroknife again, about to throw it when Tynes speaks to it::
03[20:23] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
[20:23] <@Detro> ::halts the knife mid-flight::
[20:24] <@Detro> <<EDIT: ::halts the knife mid-throw, not releasing it:: Geez!>>
[20:24] <@Gabriel> ::without turning:: Hold fast, Sergent.
[20:24] <@Dimitri> ::Continues to work, Karas's words sliding off his back. He was going to let Xochitl handle the rest of it, as he was going through a purely mechanical task.. just to calm down. As well as awaiting a response to his com::
[20:24] <@Caelin> ::stops in front of gabriel, then lifts his manipulators up to remove his helmet to show his pale face:: Greetings
01[20:25] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::backs up slightly, and pulls itself back into the shadows, but not invisible::
[20:25] <@Delgado> Because I don't know you. I don't know why you're here. I don't know what you'll do. ... But I know what I'll do if you get in the way. If you can't understand that... if you can't understand family, then you have no place here. With Talons. ::turns away and looks to Dimitri, her hands balled up into fists:: Anything?
[20:25] <@Detro> ::mutters, getting back to his feet and continuing to head towards the safehouse::
[20:25] <@Mem> ::pops up to Gabriel's level and thinks about his pistol upon seeing the exoskeleton... but doesn't go for it, and climbs up::
[20:26] <@Caelin> ::pans his vision across the group, trying to guage their reactions::
[20:26] <@Gabriel> ::examines the person inside the exo::
[20:27] <@Dimitri> ::Shakes his head, continuing to broadcast to signal, working to boost the signal through the second dataslate::
[20:27] <@Detro> ::getting closer, Detro's taking in the entire exo, soaking in the detail as much as possible. You can almost see the little factory smokestacks in his brain firing off as he begins to compile the intel report on this thing...::
[20:27] <@Caelin> ::stops when his gaze returns to gabriel:: you are the leader of this group, yes?
[20:28] <@Dimitri> ::Hands it to Xochitl:: Here, view it, and that's the pulse. Same as back in 07. Just keep pulsing. See if you can get a signal.. I need to cool down...
[20:28] <@Gabriel> ::decides to try formality and nods:: Captain Gabriel Tynes, 5th Black Talons, Terra Nova. You've certainly proven your Utopian credentials.
[20:28] <@Gabriel> But how do we know that you are not a CEF ally?
[20:28] <@Delgado> ::takes it from Dimitri, just nodding once, keeping her silence in respect and understanding as she takes a shot at it::
[20:29] <@Detro> ::writing the report in his head... "obvious stealth features..." "unusual armor texturing..."::
[20:30] <@Mem> ::circles around to Caelin's flank, eyeing the exchange suspiciously::
[20:30] <@Detro> ::still writing... "Weapons systems include what appaers to be a melee weapon in staff form, rifle, probably a light autocannon..."
[20:31] <@Melissa> ::sets her scorpion drone down and moves about the room::
[20:31] <@Detro> ::as he moves closer to join the group, he even manages to pick out the detail of lots of tiny dimples and ridges all over the armor::
[20:32] <@Caelin> ::his face is and pale skinned with very light brown hair with a high forehead, his eye are hazel coloured, he shakes his head:: our orders are to locate others who fight the terrans and request their aid in freeing utopia
[20:32] <@Delgado> ::her grip tightens on the datapad as she starts walking around the roof, trying to find a better spot or just... -anything-::
[20:32] <@Karas> ::looks to Delgado then to Dimitri...his faith in the Ravens shaken:: You think I don't understand about family? You think I just do this for fun don't you? You ever think that maybe I'm here because I consider you just that...I may not have walked through as much fire as you have, but I still consider you my brethren...you challenge me like I'm an outsider and yet me and my family have fought to protect you and keep you just as safe...we invite
[20:32] <@Birkin> ::looks at the Captain:: You have a CEF fleet there?
[20:32] <@Detro> ::makes a note to have someone check into the efficiency of this kind of armor for something flying around. Wasn't smooth supposed to be better?::
01[20:33] <@Savant> Despite their best efforts, neither Delgado nor Dimitri can find any radio noise at all on their channel.
[20:33] <@Gabriel> ::waits for Caelin to answer that question::
[20:33] <@Karas> you into our home with open arms...we feed, clothe and
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[20:33] <@Karas> you into our home with open arms...we feed, clothe and shelter you. Then you have the nerve to accuse me of being an outsider? Tell me this Raven, will there ever be a time when I am afforded the same privelege as your brothers and sisters? Or will I be shunned because I was born on another world?
[20:34] <@Detro> ::finally seems satisfied looking over the exo, committing the details to memory. NOW he finally looks at the pilot...::
[20:35] <@Caelin> ::to gabriel:: bring me a terran and i'll show you
[20:35] <@Gabriel> ::repeats Birkin's question:: You have a CEF fleet at Utopia? How did you come to be on Caprice?
[20:36] <@Delgado> ::speaks flately as she continues to wander around and stare down at the pad for any response:: Karas, I was staring to like you. Don't fuck it up. Shut up while you're ahead.
[20:37] <@Dimitri> ::Wanders back, eyeing the two.:: Any luck?
01[20:38] <@Savant> Delgado's dataslate resolves a brief, distant pinging out from the static of the background noise.
[20:38] <@Caelin> ::nods:: the terrans are on utopia, they are working with the nation of steelgate, we have discovered some terrans willing to help, they brought us here
[20:38] <@Karas> ::Karas looks at Delgado...his face impassive, he seems to ponder the comment a bit:: I was starting to like you too...:: turns and begins heading away::
[20:38] <@Delgado> ::freezes all movement, afraid that if she even breathes she'll lose it::
[20:38] <@Gabriel> ::smiles:: The nation of Steelgate. I knew it.
[20:39] <@Gabriel> And what nation do you represent?
01[20:39] <@Savant> The static seems like waves of surf, crashing over and smothering the fragile radio signal as it struggles to surface.
[20:39] <@Dimitri> ::Grabs the dataslates, eyes glancing over the dataslate, his ear straining to listen. Recording all the while. He begins to rapidly tap in a response..::
[20:39] <@Birkin> Sheds some light on that booze we jacked. ::smirks::
01[20:40] <@Savant> The signal almost disappears entirely as Dimitri grabs it
[20:40] <@Delgado> ::blinks as Dimitri takes it from here then starts shifting from foot to foot, almost jumping out of her skin:: Don't lose it!
[20:40] <@Caelin> i represent the Deep City of New Troy of the nation of Koglund, i come under the banners of war and secrecy
[20:41] <@Karas> ::Makes his way back down from the top of the building as he heads for the safehouse again::
[20:41] <@Dimitri> ::grimaces. :: Signals gone. She's far out. I sent her a quick one.. we'll have to hope she got it.. and try again later...
[20:42] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: And your name is?
[20:43] <@Caelin> you may call me Osbearn
[20:43] <@Delgado> ::lets all her air out in a gush and suddenly feels weak, the buildup and constant tenseness finally letting way to fatigue:: What now, then?
[20:43] <@Melissa> ::pulls out her datapad and begins to design the spider drone from memory, working out the basic framework and guts of the drone::
[20:43] <@Gabriel> Osbearn. You will have to forgive my officers. We've seen others... dressed... I suppose... as you are. We've had to fight them. APEs, I believe you call them?
[20:44] <@Dimitri> ::Glances around noticing Karas has dissapeared... :: We should head back.. the comms gone quiet. +Com+ We're on our way back.
[20:44] <@Detro> ::grins... Gotah would probably be shitting gold bricks for joy when he got THIS news...::
[20:44] <@Mem> ::takes his hand off his pistol's holster as he comes up on Caelin's left flank::
[20:44] <@Delgado> ::nods slightly, managing a weak smile:: What trouble has our friends found this time?
[20:44] <@Birkin> ::clears his throat taking the hint and stops pointing the gernade launcher at the new man:: Yeah sorry. Last time we saw one of those a vat head was piloting one and trying to snuff us out.
[20:45] <@Mem> ::grins at Tynes a little:: Utopians, eh?
01[20:45] <@Savant> A few other inky black forms begin to move in the shadows of the supports, approaching after the Utopian gives his name.
[20:45] <@Mem> ::points at the incoming globs:: What is the black stuff?
[20:45] <@Caelin> ::looks over at Sleca motioning to the omnicam::Scildfreja, you may reveal yourself ::back to tynes:: armigers
[20:45] <@Dimitri> ::Gives a small lifeless shrug. :: Let's hope its nothing overly serious. Like Aliens. ::Tries to give a weak smile. Then begins to make his way down the ladder::
[20:46] <@Caelin> ::turns to mem:: under the banner of secrecy, i cannot give that information
[20:46] <@Delgado> Aliens? Like we'd be so lucky. ::follows after Dimitri, idly wondering where Karas went off to::
01[20:47] <@Savant> As Osbearn gestures, the black, blurry cloak melts off of the closer blot, and it's all of a sudden another exoskeleton - an Armiger, apparently.
[20:47] <@Mem> Hm. You realize the chances of us helping you are a bit higher if you trust us.
[20:47] <@Detro> ::grins faintly:: You don't expect the magicians to give away ALL of their secrets now, do you?
[20:47] <@Mem> ::looks at Detro:: He wants us to come save his planet. Damn right I do.
[20:48] <@Detro> ::nods:: And would you hand them the specs on our Dark Gears?
[20:48] <@Caelin> ::turns to detro next:: if you need to know more, you must return with us to utopia
[20:48] <@Mem> That's not how business works, my friend.
[20:48] <@Gabriel> ::over his shoulder:: Patience, Lieutenant. Osbearn has no particular reason to trust us, yet.
[20:49] <@Mem> ::glances at Tynes, then sighs and lets him handle things::
01[20:49] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Approaches, removes her helmet - her hair is covered by a tight skullcap, which supports several small commuication devices that extend out to her temples. She's as pale as Osbearn, and doesnt' say anything. She does nod at least::
[20:49] <@Detro> Agreed.
[20:49] <@Gabriel> ::turns back to Caelin:: You've anticipated us, actually. I've already requested transfer of this unit to Utopia at the completion of our current mission.
[20:49] <@Dimitri> ::Makes his way back towards the safehouse, cautiously making his way with Xochitl in tow, tapping his comm for a response once in a while, a little concerned at not hearing a reply. ::
[20:49] <@Detro> ::having said that to Mem::
[20:49] <@Detro> ::that is, responding to Tynes' statement::
[20:50] <@Mem> ::glances over at Scildfreja, then rolls his eyes--apparently the newness and excitement of first contact with Utopians has already faded::
[20:51] <@Melissa> ::continues to work on the drone design::
[20:51] <@Delgado> ::keeps close to Dimitri, wondering if they'd come back to an empty, randsacked safehouse::
01[20:51] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Barely a whisper, but still audible:: Sleca, establish observational defenses.
[20:52] <@Caelin> ::nods:: you will go back to terranova for additional aid?
01[20:52] <@Savant> The alien drones slip back into the shadows, disappearing almost entirely from sight.
[20:53] <@Detro> ::watching, wonders whether the rough looking armor has to do with the black fog::
[20:54] <@Birkin> Gates are kinda shut down now to Terranova.
[20:55] <@Dimitri> ::Begins showing up in the near area the safehouse, he cautiously moves towards the safehouse. His pistol drawn.:: +Com+ situation? Anybody?
[20:55] <@Gabriel> That is our standard practice, yes. Particularly since we have no current method of reaching Utopia.
[20:56] <@Gabriel> To our knowledge, crossing to Utopia requires passing several gates, all of them guarded.
[20:56] <@Gabriel> Your presence would seem to imply that there is a way around that.
[20:56] <@Melissa> +com+ We are currently entertaining guests
[20:57] <@Birkin> +com+ Get this. Utopians. Ones that don't want to deal with the CEF
[20:57] <@Delgado> ::arches an eyebrows:: ... Guests?
[20:57] <@Dimitri> +com+ ... Utopians..? Are... Serious?
[20:57] <@Melissa> +com+ Very
[20:57] <@Caelin> ::frowns at birkin::that is unfortunate ::turns back to tynes:: they are guarded, it was difficult to bring us here undetected, will be even moreso to go back the same way
[20:58] <@Detro> ::Watching the others though, he gets something of a wierd feeling like he's seen this before::
[20:59] <@Dimitri> ::Glances at Xochitl concerned. Then silently makes his way into the safehouse, moving to stand beside Tynes, pistol holstered.::
[20:59] <@Detro> ::They have a look on their faces that matches the same kind he's seen serving under the man since joining BT05::
[20:59] <@Delgado> ::shrugs slightly at Dimitri, as confused as he is::
[21:00] <@Detro> ::A look that's always searching the surroundings, as if tabulating the danger of things in a cold, emotionless way::
[21:00] <@Detro> ::leans over to Tynes:: They look a bit "Roland", don't they?
[21:01] <@Caelin> ::notes the newcomers including karas:: we followed him back from the alley
[21:02] <@Dimitri> ::Eyes Caelin from head to toe, of his suit.. his eyes focusing on Caelins for a few moments::
[21:02] <@Gabriel> ::looks over at Karas:: It seems you were followed. Still, there doesn't appear to be any shame in it.
01[21:02] <@Savant> Karas, and then Delgado and Dimitri, enter the safehouse. Guests indeed. Two exo-skeletons, lumbering but somehow very agile-looking, occupy the most of the space
[21:02] <@Mem> ::glares at Karas:: Who else knows you're connected to us?
[21:03] <@Karas> Sorry next time I'll keep an eye out for giant robotic bugs tailing me using the latice work above my head...::he is obviously upset::
[21:03] <@Delgado> ::shifts her gaze to Karas who's now in the hot seat::
[21:03] <@Mem> ::looks at Caelin:: How'd you find him? How'd you know who he was?
[21:05] <@Caelin> ::back to mem:: we search out the face of our enemy and the face of our friends, that is how we find him
[21:06] <@Detro> ::makes a note to talk to Delgado if Tynes doesn't... something about their look worries him. It's bad enough on one person, but two? Maybe there was something causing it, like a drug or genetic conditioning::
[21:06] <@Mem> ::stares at Caelin:: I need specifics about how you traced him and his involvement with us. If you can do it, so can a CEF agent.
[21:06] <@Detro> ::Then again, if their entire planet was full of Rolands, why did they need the Talons to help?::
01[21:07] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:07] <@Savant> that works Wink Tapered off a little at the end, but there was an awful lot going on.
[21:07] <@Mem> I actually wanted an answer to that before we ended, but oh well.
01[21:07] <@Savant> like I said, i'd heavily suggest an aftersim, where you can get the questions you have answered.
[21:08] <@Detro> So you're sticking around to answer aftersim questions Colin?
01[21:08] <@Savant> so i'll dole out experience quick sot hat you can get back to it
01[21:08] <@Savant> yeah.
01[21:08] <@Savant> questions before expees?
[21:08] <@Detro> ::DCCs the GM another bottle of rum::
01[21:09] <@Savant> no? no. One is for game. Two is for teamwork. What sort of teamwork was there tonight?
03[21:09] * dak[obs-n-designing] (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has left #bt05
03[21:09] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:09] <@Detro> Detro tried and failed miserably to warn the team something was out there Wink
[21:09] <@Delgado> I worked with Dimitri to not suck on luck rolls.
[21:09] <@Detro> Which in turn led to the confrontation that established contact.
[21:09] <@Detro> Inadvertent teamwork. Smile
[21:10] <@LrdVampyre> i suggested communication before shots
[21:10] <@Detro> Tynes kept the group cool under fire.
[21:10] <@Caelin> i snuck up on yo asses:)
[21:10] <@Karas> I helped Dimitri restart his dataslate and brought the info to the Talons.
01[21:10] <@Savant> that you did
[21:10] <@Detro> ::nods:: And the fact that this DIDN'T turn into Coronado Diplomacy is contributable to that Dave Smile
[21:10] <@Caelin> can i show them my stealth roll?Smile
01[21:10] <@Savant> no Wink not yet
01[21:10] <@Savant> save that for later
[21:10] <@Caelin> awww
[21:10] <@Delgado> I worked with Dimitri to not pummel Karas. ;D
[21:10] <@Detro> I had the throwing command typed up and was about to hit enter on it when the drones responded to us Wink
[21:10] <@Detro> THIS close man. Smile
01[21:11] <@Savant> that sounds like it's good enough Wink that's two. Three is for story. Tell me what you've learned about the story toda,y and why it's important
[21:11] <@LrdVampyre> somehow i'm thinking you're knife wouldn't have done much...
[21:11] <@Delgado> Blia has gone AWOL and needs to be reigned in.
[21:11] <@Detro> We learned there is a planet of Rolands out there, and that we must somehow save them
[21:11] <@Caelin> i snuck up on you asses and dropped a bomb on yas:)
[21:11] <@Gabriel> Somehow, some non-CEF forces from Utopia reached Caprice.
[21:11] <@Gabriel> That means there's a way, somehow, to go in the other direction.
[21:11] <@Detro> That there is a rather significant pipeline being run under the CEF's noses to Utopia
01[21:12] <@Savant> those are some interesting assumptions
[21:12] <@Delgado> With really cool foggy tech.
[21:12] <@Detro> And from.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> We also confirmed our guess that Steelgate is only one country on Utopia. Yes, they've knuckled under to the CEF, and it looks like they've got some kind of control over the planet.
01[21:12] <@Savant> foggy's a poor word, but i was struggling to describe it.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> But there's a resistance movement there, one we can help.
[21:12] <@Delgado> distortion?
01[21:12] <@Savant> it's not quite predator cloaking. distortion is good, yes.
01[21:12] <@Savant> it seemed smoky and black because it was in shadows.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> And apparently these APEs are not just a Steelgate thing, either.
[21:13] <@Gabriel> It confirms something else, too. Somehow, the environment on Utopia is blatantly hostile.
[21:13] <@Delgado> Ok. Light bending. Kind of.
[21:13] <@Gabriel> These things are made to fight inside/underground/similar.
[21:13] <@Detro> Yeah, good point. They got into our safehouse, after all
[21:13] <@Delgado> Yeah, those things were freakishly agile
[21:13] <@Birkin> Yeah
[21:13] <@Gabriel> Presumbaly, we can ask our Utopian comrade about that next.
01[21:13] <@Savant> don't see how that equates to a hostile environment
01[21:13] <@Savant> maybe they just live in arcologies
[21:13] <@Detro> While they were floating, we couldn't hear any jetpack like noises either I assume.
[21:13] <@Gabriel> Why are the fights inside the house?
[21:14] <@Gabriel> Arcologies are inside the house. Wink
[21:14] <@Birkin> arcowhatsis?
01[21:14] <@Savant> maybe they fight outside of the house too
01[21:14] <@Savant> it's not like they can't have other technologies
[21:14] <@Gabriel> Anyway, it's pointless to speculate, but it sure seems like these guys have a hostile environment, somehow.
[21:14] <@Gabriel> But like I said, we'll just ask. Wink
01[21:14] <@Savant> Birkin, Gomorrah is an open arcology
01[21:14] <@Savant> yeah, okay Wink
01[21:14] <@Savant> anyways. Anything else learned today?
[21:14] <@Caelin> for all you know these were probably originally built to facilitate mining operations
[21:15] <@Detro> Or they were created for paintball battles.
01[21:15] <@Savant> that's three experience. Four is for telling me how to make a confusing game like this one was more clear.
[21:15] <@Detro> A map would have been nice. Doesn't have to be detailed.
06[21:15] * @Savant nods
[21:15] <@Dimitri> we should have broken out team tags,
[21:15] <@LrdVampyre> location tags might have helped
[21:15] <@Dimitri> although yeah, a map would have been nice
[21:15] <@Detro> And you should have been beating on my head to tag Detro
01[21:16] <@Savant> i'll try to have a map next time
[21:16] <@Detro> A better sense of timing maybe? I got the feeling I was moving too fast for you as opposed to the others.
[21:16] <@Delgado> Stop asking the same question 5 times.
01[21:16] <@Savant> it was hard to synchronize Scottys' roleplay with the rest of you
[21:16] <@Detro> In #LemOS?
[21:17] <@Gabriel> Did we not get the story point today?
[21:17] <@Caelin> i was moving a bit slow though, trying to come up with responses
[21:17] <@Detro> S'okay. It's his first day. Wink
01[21:17] <@Savant> you did. 1=game, 2=team, 3=story.
[21:17] <@Caelin> breaking in the new character:)
[21:17] <@Dimitri> There was almost combat Wink
[21:17] <@Gabriel> Ah, OK. And location tags, I think. It was basically OK, just a little confusion in the middle about who was talking to whom.
06[21:17] * @Savant nods
[21:17] <@Gabriel> Also, I was briefly confused by the two drones with such similar names.
[21:18] <@Gabriel> Would have gone a little faster had the little one not spoken at all.
01[21:18] <@Savant> yeah, they're pretty similar. Sorry Wink
[21:18] <@Detro> As was I, plus the fact I apparently saw the APE, not drones.
01[21:18] <@Savant> hey, you're the one who started talking to Spidhra after Sluca started talking to you Wink
[21:18] <@Gabriel> It could say so little that we were determined to get something out of it. Wink
[21:18] <@Caelin> the sleca was speaking for itself and from me so that might have been a bit confusing too
[21:18] <@Detro> I was assuming I was vibroknifing the fog.
[21:18] <@Detro> Or you might say, attacking the darkness. Wink
01[21:18] <@Savant> i magic missile the darkness!
[21:18] <@Delgado> hah
[21:18] <@Detro> Heh. Vibroknife's about as powerful as a magic missile I suppose...
[21:19] <@Caelin> brb
01[21:19] <@Savant> okay. four for everyone, five for Karas, Dimitri, Delgado, and Melissa. Well done all. Great scenes, especially Karas/Dimitri/Delgado. Awesome
01[21:19] <@Savant> Point expenditures in #LemOS.
01[21:19] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Continue --------=-
[21:20] <@Karas> +1 AGI/WIL, +1 Piloting/Gunnery (Mecha) Spec, +1 Contacts (Micharin)
[21:24] <@Detro> ::still glances at the exos from time to time, sizing them up::
01[21:24] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She doesn't speak either, though she occasionally cants her head to listen to the bug in her ear::
[21:26] <@Dimitri> ::Eyes each of the drones, facinated by the design, his mind picking apart them, as only a mechanic would.::
[21:28] <@Caelin> ::looks at the gabriel:: captain tynes, may i ask what your current mission here is, and when it may be completed?
[21:30] <@Gabriel> Our current orders are to disrupt the CEF wherever possible. The primary base of CEF operations on Caprice is a location in this city called Paladin Lots. Our next intent was to cause significant damage in this area.
[21:30] <@Gabriel> But you'll have to excuse me a moment. I must report in to my superiors. When your drones appeared, I reported possible danger to my team.
[21:31] <@Caelin> ::nods:Surprisedf course
03[21:31] * Gabriel is now known as Jester
02[21:32] * @Jester (~jester@c-71-234-219-162.hsd1.ct.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: See, sometimes the story works in the shadows... and other times, we're right out in the open, we hand you the playbook and tell you we're coming right up the middle. THAT'S when you've really got to worry. -- J. Michael Straczynski, about B5)
01[21:35] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Black Talons in Session'
[18:30] <@Farrell> ::pukes::
03[18:30] * Farrell is now known as Detro
[18:30] <@Detro> ::looks at Farrell oddly::
03[18:30] * Fraser (~fdeziel@bas4-kitchener06-1096617692.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #BT05
03[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
03[18:30] * Jester (~jester@c-71-234-219-162.hsd1.ct.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
03[18:30] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
03[18:30] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:31] <@Delgado> ::attn::
[18:31] <@Dimitri> ::explodes::
01[18:31] <@Savant> hello and welcome yet again to antoher exciting episode of the Black Talons
[18:31] <@Dimitri> Oh shit. I thought I was here for the Captain N game
01[18:32] <@Savant> You guys are taking some active interest in some long range planning and preparation tonight, so your successes today will reflect on your successes further down the road.
01[18:32] <@Savant> we're missing Brad and Melissa; Karas is studying for some homework.
01[18:32] <@Savant> I'm gonna wait a few here. In the meantime, we have a map.
01[18:32] <@Savant> still having a hard time, Fras?
[18:33] <@Ardelmos> Yeah
01[18:33] <@Savant> stuck at 37 again?
[18:33] <@Gabriel> Want to try a later version of 1.3?
[18:33] <@Ardelmos> Everytime I quit and reload, the % gets a little farther before it stops, though.
[18:33] <@Ardelmos> Now I'm at 87% Wink
01[18:33] <@Savant> we'll let you parse through another cycle or two Wink
01[18:33] <@Savant> meantimes, have a briefing.
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2Black Talons
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2 08 Lares 275LC, 2215h - Night - (14S TN1945)
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2 Various Locations, Gomorrah.
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2 22 degrees Celcius, 8% humidity, 115 millibars atmospheric pressure
01[18:33] <@Savant> To bake a cake, you need the right ingredients. And to prepare a plot, you need to set up the right elements. To this end you have diverged ito two groups and set about the Worldcity to accomplish your tasks.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Team One has travelled down to Alpha level, using Karas's advice to find a good location to set up some mortars within range of Paladin Lots. Team Two is settling into a line of the main data network and trying to dig up some dirt.
01[18:33] <@Savant> All in all, a good first step! How well you do here will determine the overall success and ease of your final objective. Good luck!
01[18:33] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:33] <@Gabriel> 1.3b26 is out.
[18:34] <@Dimitri> ::Achew::
[18:34] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:34] <@Prescot> ack
[18:34] <@Detro> ack <Farrell> HURP!
01[18:34] <@Savant> we'll try another version of the tool if this doesn't work out
[18:34] <@Delgado> ack
01[18:34] <@Savant> we will be using Team tags tonight. T1> will be in Mortarville. T2> will be hacking.
01[18:35] <@Savant> any questions?
[18:35] <@Dimitri> we should assign colours to our teams. For ease of map viewig
[18:35] <@Dimitri> I call dibs on T2 being blue
[18:35] <@Gabriel> ::raises::
01[18:35] <@Savant> Gabriel?
[18:35] <@Gabriel> Not sure how to deal with the absence of Brad the incredible wonder slug. Wink
[18:35] <@Detro> ...why would T2 even be on this map?
01[18:35] <@Savant> Me either. And T2 isn't on this map
01[18:35] <@Savant> I have another map for them. One second here.
03[18:36] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
01[18:36] <@Savant> any suggestions on what to do about the hacking team without the hacker present?
[18:36] <@Gabriel> The obvious choice is that someone roll for him, probably Detro since he's on that same task.
[18:36] <@Birkin> assume we win?
[18:36] <@Birkin> Very Happy
[18:36] <@Gabriel> But that might be too obvious. Wink
[18:37] <@Detro> Ah, yeah. About that guys -- I'm still on Nightly Validation duty until next week.
01[18:37] <@Savant> Team 2, i you go to the top right of the Maptool, you'll see a spot with the map name (mortarville) and then an icon of two windows. Clock on the two windows, and then click on "hacker" in the dropdown.
[18:37] <@Detro> That means 9:30-10-ish I go unresponsive or really slow.
[18:37] <@Detro> I'll do it, but I'm gonna be slow as it is, since I'm much more accustomed to !skill and not !check.
03[18:38] * Scotty (~scotty@s013.isp.ca) has joined #BT05
03[18:38] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Scotty
[18:38] <@Detro> Alternately, this is a great time for any of the other members to step up and give hacking a shot.
[18:38] <@Birkin> this map confuses me
03[18:38] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
01[18:38] <@Savant> if someone on the Hacker team wants to do it, that's cool. The guys watching out for the hacker team's back will have a bit of time to do that as well
01[18:38] <@Savant> which map, Birkin?
[18:38] <@Birkin> the hacker map
[18:38] <@Dimitri> I am completely unfamiliar with hacking
01[18:38] <@Savant> it ought. It's a network map.
[18:38] <@Ardelmos> Yeah...% isn't going up anymore.
01[18:38] <@Savant> boo-urns.
[18:38] <@Gabriel> It's weird 'cause you're listed with the players, Fraser.
01[18:39] <@Savant> where you stuck at, Roland?
[18:39] <@Ardelmos> 85%, then the red light goes off.
[18:39] <@Gabriel> You know... I have a silly idea.
[18:39] <@Delgado> ... Am I supposed to see bullet points as a map?
01[18:39] <@Savant> for the hackers map, yes.
[18:39] <@Ardelmos> For mortarville. Hacker is stuck at 77%
[18:39] <@Delgado> Okaaay
[18:39] <@Gabriel> Savant, it might be helpful to shut down the server, then restart the server with a blank green map.
[18:39] <@Gabriel> Then load the maps while we're all connected, one by one.
01[18:39] <@Savant> then load up the campaign again? We tried this once before, but we can again.
01[18:40] <@Savant> okay, i'm going to shut down the server.
[18:40] <@Gabriel> No, not the campaign. I think that's overloading a buffer somewhere.
[18:40] <@Gabriel> The individual maps.
01[18:40] <@Savant> the maps are all part of one campaign.
[18:40] <@Gabriel> Hrm.
01[18:40] <@Savant> unless you know a trick for breaking maps up without losing the icon information on them
[18:41] <@Gabriel> Nope.
[18:41] <@Gabriel> But let's try loading the campaign while we're connected, first.
01[18:41] <@Savant> okay, let's everyone get bakc into the server now.
[18:41] <@Gabriel> Just stick with the default grass map to start.
[18:41] <@Detro> How about someone else running the server and you connecting as GM?
[18:42] <@Gabriel> Won't work. The person running the server will see the full maps/dangers and therefore couldn't play.
[18:42] <@Detro> Unless this has been a problem in GvE as well.
[18:42] <@Gabriel> Fraser, see the icon?
[18:42] <@Detro> Yeah, but you have multiple PC's Ross. Just load the server up and turn off the monitor to it. Wink
[18:42] <@Ardelmos> Yeah
[18:42] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Go ahead and load the campaign, Savant.
[18:42] <@Gabriel> Let's see what happens.
01[18:42] <@Savant> everyone's in?
[18:42] <@Detro> yup
01[18:43] <@Savant> don't see Birkin or Dimitr- there he is
[18:43] <@Gabriel> Except Dimitri.
[18:43] <@Dimitri> I am now
[18:43] <@Gabriel> And Prescot, yeah.
[18:43] <@Gabriel> Prescot, move it. Wink
[18:43] <@Gabriel> Everyone see two icons?
[18:43] <@Birkin> yes
[18:44] <@Detro> ::Clicks::
[18:44] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Go for it, Savant.
[18:44] <@Delgado> yep
01[18:44] <@Savant> loading new campaign up now
[18:44] <@Detro> "Tank, load the 'Jump' program..."
[18:44] <@Gabriel> I've got both maps.
[18:44] <@Ardelmos> 77% and 85% again.
[18:44] <@Delgado> Got 'em.
01[18:45] <@Savant> gahd damn
[18:45] <@Detro> Got 'em too
[18:45] <@Gabriel> Fras, what version of the maptool.bat do you run?
[18:45] <@Ardelmos> I've tried all three.
01[18:46] <@Savant> tried cleaning out your .maptool folder?
[18:46] <@Birkin> I have all of them too
[18:47] <@Detro> The gods of technology revolt against the god of plants
[18:47] <@Delgado> hah
03[18:47] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:47] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
01[18:48] <@Savant> Not really sure what to do. we can try another maptool version if everyone likes that idea
[18:48] <@Gabriel> It's worth a shot. I'm also looking through the forums.
[18:48] <@Ardelmos> I cleared out .maptool -- trying again.
01[18:49] <@Savant> cause, honestly, this is getting annoying. Every time it seems
03[18:49] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:49] <@Detro> If we're going to switch versions, I'd really like to do that not during a game.
[18:49] <@Ardelmos> Hacker's loaded. Mortarville isn't.
01[18:49] <@Savant> at least that's moved.
[18:49] <@Caelin> i don't have mortarville either
[18:50] <@Ardelmos> Mortarville's stuck at 71%
01[18:50] <@Savant> it hasn't finished loading for you guys either?
[18:50] <@Detro> I have two fully loaded maps that lag a bit switching between.
01[18:50] <@Savant> the lag is fine
[18:50] <@Detro> Cleaning up Mortarville might help
[18:50] <@Caelin> nevermind, i didn't realize there was a select map button in the top right
01[18:50] <@Savant> what's Mortarville stuck at for you, Caelin?
01[18:50] <@Savant> heh, okay
[18:51] <@Caelin> i'm was expect the little map thumbnails in the botton right
01[18:51] <@Savant> yeah, so was I at first
[18:51] <@Gabriel> "Also, sometimes, for reasons that I'm still trying to find, the map is done loading but is waiting for something, often times switching maps and coming back helps."
[18:51] <@Gabriel> ^-- Developer
[18:52] <@Gabriel> Guess it isn't helping in this case.
[18:52] <@Gabriel> He specifically recommends using the 512Mb batch file.
[18:54] <@Ardelmos> Just go. Ross can move me.
01[18:54] <@Savant> i'll at least get you a picture of the place.
[18:55] <@Detro> So I guess I'm running Mem tonight.
01[18:55] <@Savant> http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mortarvillevq8.jpg <--- Mortarville
[18:55] <@Ardelmos> Heh. Now i'm trying to re-connect and it's telling me my name is in use.
01[18:55] <@Savant> any final questions before we fire it up?
[18:55] <@Detro> Where's Mem's rutting icon?
01[18:56] <@Savant> no? no. Remember, team tags.
01[18:56] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:56] <@Savant> Team One finds itself int he rusty, dusty, dirty, foul underbely of the City - were it a lifeform, this would certainly be the colon. A long highway wends its way through tall pillars, ruined buildings, and forests of communication lines, all long since abandoned.
01[18:57] <@Savant> Team Two, Meanwhile, is holed up in a van in a quiet Beta-level alleyway. Someone's just spliced into the main data line and they're getting their connections active.
05[18:57] <@Detro> T2> ::Drums fingers impatiently::
02[18:58] <@Gabriel> T1> ::drives the little panel delivery truck he's borrowed for tonight's exercise, paying close attention to the road for bumps::
02[18:59] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::eyes a map on his PDA in the back of the truck, trying to determine, based on topographics alone where they want to focus on dropping the 'presents'::
05[18:59] <@Dimitri> T2> ::Glances over a datapad, carefully reviewing the power outputs, as well as network connections ::
01[18:59] <@Savant> It doesn't take long before Team Ones' truck gets to the right spot. That's what Gabriel assumes at least, as there's the ruined remains of a fallen pillar blocking the road ahead. The only lights are the suddenly glaring headlights shining upon that bit of wrecked steel and rock, and a few winking flickers in the distance.
05[18:59] <@Detro> T2> <Mem> ::finishes the last of the connections:: That should do it. Dimitri, keep an eye on things for us while Detro and I are working. The rest of you, eyes outside. No repeats of what happened last time.
02[19:01] <@Caelin> T1>::waits in the back, geared up in his armiger, he kinda felt a little bare without his drones though::
05[19:01] <@Dimitri> T2> ::Gives a small two fingered salute as he continues to monitor the readouts over the datapad. ::
05[19:01] <@Delgado> T2> ::sits out of the way in the van and nods once before staring out a window, her eyes continually moving::
02[19:01] <@Gabriel> T1> ::brings the truck to a careful stop, looking around:: You're my eyes here, Senior Sergeant.
05[19:02] <@Dimitri> T2> Thus far, our connection is fairly stable, no issues.
02[19:02] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::grunts, and then pulls his hat down low over his eyes to mask to mask the fact from anyone who might be looking at them that he's brought a set of binoculars up to his face and is scanning the area::
01[19:03] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Caelin's radio comes to life:: +subcom+ They've set up their connection.
05[19:03] <@Birkin> T2> I swore to myself. Around five cycles ago. That I'd never do another babysitting job. And where am I now? On another planet, neck deep in my enemies... On a babysitting mission ::sighs and stays in the shadows outside in the alleyway, enough random crap here and there to help him avoid detection::
02[19:04] <@Gabriel> T1> ::activates DC power to the plugs in the back of the truck, and starts up the hydraulics motor in the back::
02[19:04] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::looks out at the environs through the binoculars, mapping the real situation against what he has as a map in his PDA::
02[19:04] <@Gabriel> T1> +com+ Caelin, get ready. If you don't mind, when I open up, it'd be best if you moved into cover pretty rapidly.
01[19:05] <@Savant> Detro and Mem set up their network, and their computers show the situation clearly - they've tapped into a main trunk line, directly connected to the life-pulse of Gomorrah. It's a fat pipe, full of traffic.
05[19:05] <@Detro> T2> ::does a quick check of the dataglove's connection and makes sure his modules are ready to go. Mem does the same, though it takes a bit longer as he has far more::
02[19:05] <@Gabriel> T1> ::gets out of the truck, closing the door behind him, and casually looks around::
02[19:06] <@Ardelmos> T1> +com+ Movement in the pillars, though it doesn't look hostile. Probably a bum or a springer or some other shit.
05[19:06] <@Delgado> T2> ::grunts once in response to Birkin, continuing to stare down everything::
02[19:06] <@Caelin> <<edit first line, i got sleca following>>T1>::nods:: +subcom+thank you freja, we've arrived at our destination here ::hears captain tynes:: i'll keep in touch
01[19:06] <@Savant> On Alpha level, the smell is overpowering at first - rotting garbage and rust and mouldy rock and *chemical*. Something down here smells like chemical quite sharply, and is accompanied by a distant splashing sound.
05[19:06] <@Birkin> T2> ::looking around making sure they were out of the way of recon drones, making sure that any passers by continue by and don't give them too much of a look::
05[19:07] <@Detro> T2> <Mem> ::sets up a basic barrier, to hopefully prevent any counter-attacks from causing any major problems::
02[19:07] <@Gabriel> T1> ::stops near the back tire of the truck, bending near it as if to look at the tire, confident that his BDUs won't stand out in the dim light down here::
02[19:07] <@Caelin> T1>::moves towards the back hatch of the tuck and waits for the captain to open it::
02[19:08] <@Gabriel> T1> +com+ Acknowledged. Senior Sergeant, go ahead and check it out. I'll start deploying the tool arm. ::pauses, then:: No killing. Knock whatever it is out or something.
02[19:08] <@Melissa> T1> ::begins to mentally work out the algorithims for the remote firing switches::
02[19:08] <@Gabriel> T1> +com+ Hold one, Caelin. We've got an observer.
02[19:09] <@Ardelmos> T1> +com+ Whatever's out there, I'm updating its position and tracking. ::does so, then opens the truck door and hops out of the cab, grabbing the tire iron as he does so::
02[19:09] <@Caelin> T1>::holds and while he's waiting...::+subcom+ Sleca, what's your position?
02[19:10] <@Gabriel> T1> ::starts using the levers near the back of the truck, unfolding the crane arm the team connected to the truck:: Damn flats...
05[19:10] <@Detro> T2> ::tests that he can still connect out from behind the barrier with the data glove, and the second terminal they have with them::
02[19:10] <@Gabriel> T1> ::starts making a great show of planting the hydraulic arm as if he intends to jack up the back of the truck::
01[19:10] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ ::In its deep, somewhat abrupt voice:: We are in position at map co-ordinates 2-919-B, Lead Armiger.
02[19:11] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::casually pops a piece of gum into his mouth and tosses the wrapper onto the ground, heading off the road and into the mass of pillars, keeping cover between him and whatever's moving::
02[19:11] <@Melissa> T1> ::slips out of the tuck to watch, looking around at their surroundings, whistling::
05[19:11] <@Birkin> T2> +com+ So doc. What'd you do before you joined the Talons?
02[19:12] * @Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
05[19:12] <@Dimitri> T2>:: Glances up at the sound of the com, eyeing Delgado, before resuming reading over the readouts. ::
01[19:13] <@Savant> The Talons can hear the sound of an animal barking, a dog - not a dawg. It's coming from off in the pillars.
02[19:13] <@Gabriel> T1> ::cheerfully tries to make as much noise with the hydraulic arm as he can::
02[19:14] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::continues walking deeper into the pillars, checking the sightlines as he moves, though he relaxes somewhat when he hears the dog bark::
05[19:15] <@Detro> T2> ::as they get onto the main backbone of Caprice:: Wow. Nice pipes here.
01[19:16] <@Savant> 5Man> ::As roland gets closer, he can hear:: .. get back here, ye mangy dog! I don't pay ye yer food ta run off on me! Get back here!
02[19:16] <@Melissa> T1> ::continues to work on the algorithim, this time pulling out her pad and tapping in the parameters::
05[19:17] <@Detro> T2> <Mem> ::is pretty silent, dilgently working his way through the data flow::
02[19:17] <@Ardelmos> T1> +subvoc+ Yeah, a dog. And a bum. Probably live down here.
01[19:17] <@Savant> Up top, Detro and Mem's screens fill with a flood of links and data streams. There's a whole host of corporate eddies in the flow, leading to vast pools of information.
05[19:18] <@Birkin> T2> ::grunts, going about his own business as he stays quiet and in the shadows near the van, the doc apparently not wanting to talk::
02[19:18] <@Gabriel> T1> ::under the noise from the hydraulic arm:: +com+ Taser or fist, your choice. But I don't want him seeing what we do down here.
03[19:18] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[19:18] * Birkin sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
02[19:19] <@Gabriel> T1> +com+ Caelin, you can come out. Conceal yourself to the north of the truck to start, please. Melissa, get ready. The arm's almost set up.
01[19:19] <@Savant> Roland creeps in behind the dog and sees a small hovel surrounded almost entirely by large metal tanks. There's the sound of machinery as well in there, though it's quiet. Outside of the house he can see a weathered man hobbling out after his errant dog
05[19:20] <@Delgado> T2> ::her nerves start to get a little frayed at the sounds of Detro and Mem hacking, so she quietly mutters to Birkin:: So... these kind of missions are uneventful. ... Right?
02[19:20] <@Melissa> T1> +com+ The hard part's about done. Ready when you are
02[19:20] <@Caelin> T1>+com+ affirmative. ::pushes the hatch open and steps out, moving quickly around to the other side of the truck::
02[19:20] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::grunts and twirls the tire iron around a little bit before pulling out the taser and moving for a better position to take down the man::
01[19:21] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::hesitantly, to Caelin:: +subcom+ ... should I contact the Terranovans?
01[19:21] <@Savant> Mem and Detro dive into the streams. The amount of data here is a flood compared to Terranova's relative trickle. Even Mem, from the technology capital of Terranova, is overwhelmed.
02[19:21] <@Gabriel> T1> ::moves back to the front of the truck to set the anchors there::
05[19:22] <@Birkin> T2> If we're lucky yes. You didn't do anything like this in 07? If we're unlucky I have to use my gear rifle and hope we can get out of here in time. ::looks back out on the street for a few minutes:: So what'd you do before you joined up to save Terranova?
05[19:22] <@Detro> T2> Mem, I'm going to follow your lead here. Just shout if you need me. And Doc? Probably best to not interrupt us...
05[19:23] <@Dimitri> T2> I'll continue to monitor the networks..
01[19:23] <@Savant> 5Man> You, dog! Get back here! Rusted -out old animal, ... ::he grumbles and starts to hobble after the still-barking animal::
02[19:23] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::frowns to himself as he stalks the man:: +subvoc+ Cap'n...this guy might prove useful. Wouldn't take much to pay him off -- have him watch over the packages.
02[19:23] <@Caelin> T1>+subcom+you may offer assistance to Lieutenant Gage's team if you wish freja
02[19:24] <@Gabriel> T1> +com+ Your judgment then, Senior Sergeant. If he tips off the CEF, though...
02[19:24] <@Gabriel> T1> ::gets the front anchors planted, then pulls the lever to get the truck to settle its weight onto them::
01[19:25] <@Savant> Roland is nearly overpowered by the terrible scent ehre. He can see a bubbling, foamy lake of effluent within the pillars here, plus a trickling waterfall of the stuff leaking form Beta level. Waves of noxious fumes rise up from its slick, oily black/green surface
05[19:25] <@Delgado> T2> ::shrugs slightly:: Just a couple here on Caprice. We... didn't have... a lot of time. ::goes quiet again and shoots Detro a look of death at his words::
02[19:25] <@Ardelmos> T1> +com+ This is this guy's home, he's gonna find the packages after he wakes up anyway. ::puts away the taser as he eyes the crap on the group warily::
05[19:26] <@Detro> T2> ::Detro doesn't notice -- like Mem, he's busy trying to sort through this mess. Light swirls across their faces as the data streams shift about::
[19:26] <@Ardelmos> <<ground>>
01[19:26] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::To the Talons in group Two:: +subcom+ ... Terranovans, Troy is in the area and ready to assist.
02[19:26] <@Melissa> T1> ::continues to whistle softly while waiting to put in her program::
05[19:27] <@Detro> T2> ::frowns:: Mem, I'm going to go after this Jobspot place. Maybe see if we can find a personnel trail.
02[19:27] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::hefts the tire iron over his shoulder and straightens:: 'ey. 'ol timer. Got a minute?
05[19:27] <@Detro> T2> <Mem> ::grunts, continuing to look for CSI::
02[19:28] <@Gabriel> T1> ::looks at Melissa:: What should we place first? The tube or your control computer?
01[19:28] <@Savant> 5Man> ::Surprised by Rolands' sudden appearance:; Gah! ::he takes a few steps back, glaring warily:: Whuddya want.
05[19:28] <@Birkin> T2> Ah. Gotcha. ::shakes his head and rubs his eyes slightly::
02[19:28] <@Gabriel> T1> +com+ Caelin, if you could have your observation drone scout for enemy drones, that would be most useful.
02[19:29] <@Melissa> T1> Tube then the control
05[19:29] <@Delgado> T2> ::suddenly speaks louder for a moment, just to bug Detro:: As for before the Talons, I was a doctor for the PRDF. You?
01[19:29] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> ::nods at Detro:: You do that, and I'm going to go after this .. "Indentured and Loving it". . . ::snorts::
02[19:29] <@Gabriel> T1> ::nods and heads to the back:: Help me with this. Getting the tube connected to the arm is likely to be fairly tricky.
05[19:30] <@Dimitri> T2> ::smirks as he listens to Delgado's voice rise, continuing to monitor the datapage. ::
02[19:30] <@Gabriel> T1> ::heads for the back of the truck::
02[19:30] <@Caelin> T1>+com+yes captain +subcom+ sleca, find a vantage point to watch for terran drones
02[19:30] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::nods his head towards where the truck is:: Howdy. Friends 'n I have a couple of packages we want t'store 'ere on your lands, here. Hopin' ye wouldn't have a problem with that, and if ye wouldn't mind makin' sure nobody tampers with'm.
02[19:31] <@Melissa> T1> ::nods and slips the pad into an arm pocket and moves to the back of the vehicle to help Gabriel:: Almost like my first day on duty
01[19:31] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Acknowledged, Lead Armiger.
02[19:32] <@Gabriel> T1> Oh? What was the job?
02[19:33] <@Gabriel> T1> You go ahead and run the arm. I'll call out the distance for you.
05[19:33] <@Birkin> T2> ::crooked grin:: Another Riverian. I was in the Republican Army. shot big guns on Naga for a spell before I was placed in a Cobra just in time for that last bit of "Late Unpleasentness"
02[19:33] <@Gabriel> T1> ::points Melissa toward the arm's levers near the back of the truck::
01[19:33] <@Savant> 5Man> ::he glares:: Why should I? Ye don't scare me with yer club there, sonny.
02[19:33] <@Melissa> T1> Hauling tubes, much like these across a field and back several time...apparently artwork on shells is not acceptable ::shrugs and smirks as she goes to the controls::
05[19:34] <@Birkin> T2> ::motions for Delgado to be quiet as he begins to get a closer look at whatever it was that was coming up on the van, staying in the shadows::
01[19:35] <@Savant> Detro and Mem go their separate ways, digitally at least. Detro wades into a rather large forum server, and almost immediately his computer starts to beep at him in complaint
05[19:35] <@Delgado> T2> ::goes quiet, her senses back on alert as well::
02[19:35] <@Ardelmos> T1> Don't mean to scare you, 'ol timer. Truck's just got some problems. And we'd set you up a little better than y'ar now, if it please ya.
02[19:35] <@Gabriel> T1> ::chuckles softly:: Well, you can scrawl a message or two on the shells if you really feel the need to, I guess. Just make sure it's nothing too personal. ::grins::
05[19:35] <@Detro> T2> Forums ::snorts:: Loaded with trolls no matter what planet you're on.
02[19:36] <@Gabriel> T1> 10 centimters left, then about eight forward, and you're there. ::unhooks one of the clips on the arm and connects it to the upper part of the tube::
05[19:36] <@Dimitri> T2> ::Hears the sound of Detro's system beep, switching back to monitoring his line::
02[19:36] <@Melissa> T1> ::smirks again and almost sticks her tongue out:: Nah, I think it'll be message enough what we're doing here. ::moves the arm into position as directed::
02[19:37] <@Gabriel> T1> ::unhooks the other clip, then runs the chains from the arm to the two mount points on the tube, then steps back:: Check my work here.
05[19:38] <@Dimitri> T2> Detro, you have someone trying to backtrace your line. Be alert.
02[19:38] <@Melissa> T1> ::walks over and takes a look at Gabriel's connections::
05[19:38] <@Detro> T2> Noted. ::so focused, he's never really noticed Delgado trying to bait him::
01[19:38] <@Savant> 5Man> ::scowls at Roland, but seems a bit more relaxed. He crosses his arms:: Business, I kin do. What d'ya bring to my table?
05[19:39] <@Birkin> T2> +com+ Utpopian drone near the van. Inky plating, everyone say hi to our new friends ::sees if the litle bastard sees him and if he does, gives him the finger for startling him::
05[19:40] <@Delgado> T2> ::snickers:: Damn bugs.
01[19:40] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::the little ball-shaped spider climbs up onto the van - nearly silent as it does so. It looks at the Talons through the windshield.
02[19:40] <@Melissa> T1> Lookst good. Guess it's my turn now
05[19:41] <@Birkin> T2> ::grunts:: +com+ Someone should tell our friends to -not- do that
05[19:41] <@Delgado> T2> ::idly waves at it just 'cause::
02[19:41] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::reaches into his pocket and draws out a wad of his bills, and tosses it at the man:: Consider it a down payment, if ye kennit. Keep an eye out, and we'll drop by from time to time. Let us know if anybody starts diggin' around or messin with what he leave, and we'll follow it up with more.
01[19:42] <@Savant> 5Man> ::snatches up the wad of bills greedily, and thumbs through it. He stops and looks up sharply at Roland, then back at the money, as if checking to see if it was real::
02[19:42] <@Gabriel> T1> ::nods:: Go ahead. ::heads to the back to watch the tube::
01[19:43] <@Savant> 5Man> Hnh. Ye got a deal, sonny. One week, though, and I don't put up with no trouble here!
05[19:43] <@Birkin> T2> How long you been with the talons.
02[19:44] <@Gabriel> T1> ::places one hand on the mortar tube and waits for it to start to emerge from the back::
05[19:44] <@Detro> T2> ::tries to bully the tracer aside and stop it cold::
01[19:44] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Nothin good over here. Let's find something good, like Hakkar or KSM or Gallot, Detro. Hey, there's a bug on the hood.
02[19:44] <@Melissa> T1> ::bends down and begins to connect the controller to the tube::
02[19:44] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::nods:: Back in a week then, fellow. Good speakin' with ye. ::starts waltzing back towards the truck::
05[19:45] <@Detro> T2> How about a hand over here, we can turn these computers loose on the network and let them do some snooping for us.
05[19:45] <@Detro> T2> Blasted tracers...
02[19:45] <@Melissa> T1> ::softly to herself:: Red to red, blue to green and green to yellow... ::as she connects wires::
02[19:45] <@Gabriel> T1> [IA] We are not separate from what we destroy.
05[19:45] <@Birkin> T2> ::Switching channels:: +com+ Captain, can you kindly ask our Utopian friends to take their small bot off of our van.
01[19:45] <@Savant> Roland gets barked at voluminously as he passes by the dog, but it stays perched on the crumbled pillar base, growling at the intruders
05[19:45] <@Delgado> T2> ::shrugs slightly, trying to sound non-chalant about it, but something still sneaks into her voice:: Just a couple of years.
05[19:46] <@Dimitri> T2> ::Chuckles and leans close to Xochitl, whispering something in her ear. ::
02[19:47] <@Gabriel> T1> [IA] ::repeats the Massadan chant two more times, then removes his hand from the mortar tube:: +com+ [A] Caelin, do you have a drone near the hacking team? If so, they've requested that it back off a little.
01[19:47] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Spidhra Sweh, Deyaca on nort vitelle.
05[19:47] <@Birkin> T2> Same. I joined with 05 intitally. Interesting bunch. Down to only Mem and Roland now that's still with us. Commandant got a promotion and Jane apparently discovered her inner purple and is sticking with him
02[19:48] <@Melissa> T1> ::pauses for a moment, looking at the wires and the connections:: Hmm...what's this purple wire doing here? Ah, right, for that thing...
01[19:48] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::jumps off, climbs *up* the wall, and perches on a low rooftop::
02[19:48] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::winds his way back to the truck:: The local resident's gonna keep an eye on the goods for a week with th'money I gave'm.
05[19:48] <@Birkin> T2> +com+ Thank you for the drone removal.
01[19:49] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Nay issus.
02[19:49] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::leans on the truck with the iron over his shoulder, as if he was taking a break from working on the tire, and snaps his gum::
01[19:49] <@Savant> Roland smells strongly of petrochemical when he returns to the van.
02[19:50] <@Gabriel> T1> Excellent, thank you, Senior Sergeant. On reflection, you're certainly correct.
02[19:50] <@Gabriel> T1> Still, want to find the best possible place we can put these?
02[19:50] <@Melissa> T1> ::wrinkles her nose at the strong odor and works to finish wiring the launcher::
05[19:50] <@Delgado> T2> ::snickers softly at Dimitri, just shaking her head before looking back at the weird-ass drone and keeping an ear out for Birkin:: Guess that's the nature of the Talons. Here one day.... ::just shakes her head::
02[19:51] <@Caelin> T1>::brings up a visual from sleca's POV, a slight chuckle as he listens to the come chatter::+com+ my companion has dealt with it, captain, is there anything else you require of me?
02[19:51] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::glances back over his shoulder and considers the area as scouted as he wound his way in to meet with the man, determining the best place to put the weaponry while maintaining cover and ability to fire::
05[19:51] <@Detro> T2> ::charges the gates and tracer with The Ram::
02[19:51] <@Gabriel> T1> ::grins as Roland looks:: Also, you're not too stealthy at the moment. Take a swim?
05[19:51] <@Birkin> T2> Same way back home I guess.
02[19:52] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::sniffs once or twice:: Yeah, the place is covered with a mass of some sort of chems -- I'm guessing leaking from the fuel tanks. Not exactly the most healthy environment.
01[19:52] <@Savant> Detro begins to pound at the virtual gates of the server, but with little effect. The trace that its' employing against the Talons isn't terribly effective either.
05[19:53] <@Delgado> T2> ... True enough. We've all chosen a life of risk.
05[19:53] <@Dimitri> T2> Actually I opted for a life of luxury. But they were sold out.
05[19:53] <@Detro> T2> ::muttering under his breath, tries the Ram again::
02[19:54] <@Gabriel> T1> Flammable?
02[19:54] <@Melissa> T1> ::finishes with the wiring, making sure to carefully release the purple wire:: This one's good to go. Just don't pull on the purple wire
02[19:54] <@Gabriel> T1> ::nods at Melissa:: Let's get it out of the truck and positioned.
05[19:54] <@Birkin> T2> Mine's on hold for when this is all over with. I figure I'll need a good retirement in Ashanti when this is all done with
02[19:54] <@Melissa> T1> ::nods:: Let's
05[19:55] <@Delgado> T2> I'm on a waiting list for mine.
01[19:55] <@Savant> Detro sees the defenses of the server start to crumble - the tracer goes completely inactive, and the firewall restarts itself.
05[19:55] <@Birkin> T2> All we need to do now is live to see it
05[19:56] <@Detro> T2> ::surges forward into the gap, working to keep the defenses off::
05[19:56] <@Delgado> T2> ::smirks:: That's the trick.
05[19:57] <@Birkin> T2> ::pauses for a few moments:: So tell me. What was it like working with the Commandant. I had heard of her before I even made it into the Talons.
01[19:58] <@Savant> That's the stuff. Detro kicks in the door and has access to several large servers. Not a lot of processing power, but a tonne of storage space for files.
02[19:59] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::points:: Right there's good. Covered, still has a good arc, and it ain't close to whatever the fuck that chemical shit is.
05[19:59] <@Dimitri> T2> Hm.. we should be careful with that petro. It's flammable, not exceptionally. It's probably being refined for use up in the city.
05[20:00] <@Detro> T2> Damn. Not quite the processing power I'd hoped for, but... Mem, we've got a file dump here if we need one. ::secures backdoor access to these systems for later::
05[20:00] <@Delgado> T2> ::grows quiet, glancing at Dimitri briefly before looking back outside:: It was good. ... It was good. ::nods idly, her mind starting to wander as she whispers softly to herself:: And now our family lies in ashes...
02[20:00] <@Gabriel> T1> ::nods:: You heard him, Melissa.
[20:00] <@Dimitri> <ignore me retcon my talking >
02[20:01] <@Melissa> T1> ::moves the unit over to where indicated, carefully::
05[20:01] <@Dimitri> T2> ::Reaches a hand over, patting Xochitl's knee gently, his eyes still on the readouts.::
05[20:01] <@Detro> T2> ::puts the data glove aside, leaving it connected as a barrier for their data dump::
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Ready? I found links to Hakkar and to KSM. Which one you figure we should go after?
02[20:03] <@Gabriel> T1> ::catches a stronger whiff of the smell coming off Roland:: I don't see how those fumes can't be flammable. Smells like partially refined jet fuel.
02[20:03] <@Gabriel> T1> ::keeps one hand on the mortar tube as Melissa guides it toward the right spot::
05[20:03] <@Detro> T2> Hakkar. KSM's investments, and we know their security's tight.
05[20:03] <@Delgado> T2> ::gives Dimitri's hand a gently squeeze, reassuring him she's ok as she glances at Birkin:: I guess you kind of know what I'm talking about though. With Craig.
02[20:04] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::assists with moving the tube along with Tynes:: Well there's definitely a bunch of fuel tanks near that guy's hut. What the hell they're doing there, I don't know, but they must be leaking.
05[20:04] <@Birkin> T2> ::nods:: Yeah. And a few others we've lost. We lost a girl coming in system. Heh, an Earther turncoat even. Proved her worth though.
02[20:05] <@Gabriel> T1> ::frowns and nods:: He's probably leeching off a oil line and then smuggling the stuff into the upper levels to sell.
05[20:05] <@Delgado> T2> ::looks back outside, idly keeping an eye on that strange spider bug thingie lurking up there somewhere:: Never gets any easier.
02[20:06] <@Gabriel> T1> Refining it just enough that it will pass muster. I'd feel sorry for anyone that actually used it, though that'll be an interesting trick to remember if we run short on fuel ourselves.
02[20:07] <@Ardelmos> T1> Well I hope he's the one smuggling it up rather than people coming down to get it, otherwise there's gonna be a lot of foot traffic. Hope he can keep snoops out.
01[20:07] <@Savant> Mem and Detro wade into more unfriendly territory - Hakkar's servers. They're immediately set upon by a host of vicious defensive programs.
01[20:08] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Shit! ::buffs up the firewall::
02[20:10] <@Caelin> T1>::decides to go on a bit of recon around the buildings in front of him, goes into stealth mode and heads in::
02[20:12] <@Gabriel> T1> ::smiles as the first mortar is placed, then frowns:: But let's put the second one over here.
02[20:12] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::glances left, then right:: Yeah, good call.
02[20:13] <@Gabriel> T1> ::as they work:: So, Melissa, what was the target the first time you did this?
05[20:13] <@Detro> T2> ::calls up the mimic function and lets it loose, figuring Hakkar's going to be able to fend off a battering ram::
01[20:14] <@Savant> It works! Detro's program monitors system traffic for a short time and then modifies the traffic tha the Talons are sending in, and the defenses go quiet. For now.
02[20:14] <@Melissa> T1> ::thinks for a moment:: I think I ended up dropping a shell on one of the latrines....::smirks:: it was a mis-fire, honest.
05[20:15] <@Detro> T2> Okay, we've got a foot in the door but not for long. Focus on finding out if they have anything to do with the drone launchers...
02[20:16] <@Caelin> T1>::practically disapears into the darkness::
02[20:17] <@Ardelmos> T1> Feel free to do that again if you want, so long as it's a CEF latrine. Paladin Lots is full of plenty of shit you can spread.
02[20:17] <@Gabriel> T1> ::laughs before he can stop himself::
05[20:17] <@Detro> T2> Crap. Two ways to go...
02[20:17] <@Melissa> T1> ::chuckles softly::
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> This looks like it's jsut the public server access. Not sure what they'll ahve here for secure data. They've got two open lines though. One's called "earthport" and one's "cap-port"/
05[20:18] <@Detro> T2> Yeah, and both are highly secured systems too.
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Let's try Earthport. Sounds promising.
02[20:19] <@Gabriel> T1> So what was the intended target? Or was that the intended target? You said it was a misfire. ::grins::
05[20:20] <@Birkin> T2> So Dimitri. Where you from.
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> ::hums to himself as he wades merrily into Hakkar's files, letting Detro keep the local traffic at bay::
05[20:21] <@Dimitri> T2> ::Glances up from his datapad. :: I was a member of the .. former Humanist Alliance, I've been all over it for the most part. Bit of this and that.
02[20:22] <@Melissa> T1> ::coughs slightly to stop the laughing:: The actual target was a hulled Visi used for the practice range...though my intended target was the latrine. Wanted to prove a point about the actual capabilities of mortar system.
05[20:22] <@Detro> T2> Okay, so we go after Earthport then and hope what we want is there.
01[20:22] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> You keep your data haven open, I'll just dump everythign there, and then we'll cherry pick.
02[20:23] <@Gabriel> T1> Please tell me you hit the tank, too.
02[20:23] <@Caelin> T1>::ducks further into the shadows as he catches some movement ahead:: +com+ Osbearn to captain Tynes, movement from the north
05[20:23] <@Detro> T2> Roger that.
02[20:23] <@Gabriel> T1> ::to Roland:: Check it. +com+ Acknoweldged. Help is on the way.
02[20:23] <@Melissa> T1> That one was easy and could be done without the guidance system
02[20:25] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::nods and locks down the second tube, ensuring it's properly balanced and set before leaving Tynes and Childs with the third tube and moving northwards::
02[20:25] <@Caelin> T1>::switches on an external mic and attempts to pick up any conversation::
01[20:25] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::to all of Team One::+subcom+ Lead Armigers, I am detecting 8 mounted infantry en route at fourty kay-pee-aych. Monitoring.
02[20:25] <@Gabriel> T1> ::to Melissa:: Let's move this right along.
05[20:26] <@Birkin> T2> Ahhh. Wanted to see the world?
02[20:26] <@Ardelmos> T1> Oh man, what the fuck? This is buttfuck nowhere, why the fuck are they coming down here?
01[20:26] <@Savant> A small cluster of people on motorbikes are working their way down the ruined road. It very obviously doesn't see much traffic, but it does apparently see a little.
02[20:26] <@Melissa> T1> ::watches Roland head off, her fingers touching the butt of her pistol:: Times like these, I'd like to have my control rig and a couple of those octopi
05[20:26] <@Detro> T2> ::keeps an eye on the doppleganger program to make sure it's not being discovered::
05[20:26] <@Dimitri> T2> ::Chuckles:: I wouldn't call Southern Republic civial strife and internal warefare wanting to see the world.. but it sounds much nicer than the truth.
02[20:27] <@Caelin> T1>+subcom+acknowledged sleca, what are your orders captain tynes?
05[20:27] <@Delgado> T2> ::snorts softly at Dimitri's response::
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Ohh, shit, awesome. They've got one'a those "guardian" jobs they were talking about up in Gamma level. *awesome*.
02[20:27] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::furls his jacket slightly and pops open the covers on his holsters, letting the duster settle back down and hide the weaponry as he moves to link up or cover the Utopian::
02[20:28] <@Melissa> T1> Could be gangers, or the equivalent?
05[20:28] <@Birkin> T2> Bah. No one knows a good thing until they've lost it.
05[20:29] <@Dimitri> T2> ::Smiles grimly. :: That's more true than most people realize. I spent most of my time before the Talons fighting in gureilla warefare against our own southern Forces.
05[20:29] <@Detro> T2> ::looks up, a bit distracted:: Huh?
02[20:29] <@Gabriel> T1> ::nods at Roland:: Almost certainly. ::indicates the approaching motorcycles with a bob of his head::
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Nothing. You ready?
02[20:29] <@Gabriel> T1> ::to Melissa:: Keep going. ::to Roland:: Let's see if they stop.
02[20:30] <@Caelin> T1>::pops open a compartment on the upper thigh of the armiger and reaches for the rifle stowed within::
02[20:30] <@Gabriel> T1> ::starts toward the front of the truck, in the direction that the motorcycles are coming from::
05[20:30] <@Detro> T2> Yeah. Data dump's ready, and I'm holding the door here.
01[20:30] <@Savant> Detro's console starts to beep at him again, as the Hakkar gate starts refusing packages from the Talons.
02[20:30] <@Melissa> T1> ::nods and keeps moving along with the last device::
[20:30] <@Ardelmos> ::changes direction and moves over to the truck, grabbing the tire iron again and kneeling down beside the left rear tire, appearing to loosen or tighten one of the bolts::
05[20:31] <@Detro> T2> ...or not. ::pays attention to the new "wailing baby"::
02[20:31] <@Ardelmos> <<T1> >>
03[20:31] * dakabn (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
03[20:31] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
02[20:31] <@Gabriel> T1> ::leans casually on the front of the truck, obstensibly watching Roland, but really hiding his right hip and the sidearm hanging there from the motorcycle riders::
05[20:31] <@Birkin> T2> ::wonders which side Dimitri was on but stuffs the question:: mmhmm
01[20:32] <@Savant> Down in Alpha, a cluser of gangers stop on the opposite side of that large road-blocking pillar. The Talons can see movement of people, and several of them peer out at the headlights of your truck
02[20:32] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::pulls off the hubcap and sets it up so that he has a reflected view of the road despite appearing focused on the tire::
02[20:32] <@Caelin> T1>::sneaks around to the other end of the structure hoping to come up behind the group of motorcycles::
05[20:32] <@Dimitri> T2> In either case.. I left the fight to become a Talon, seemed more prudent to help Terranova then just help a piece of it..
02[20:33] <@Melissa> T1> ::finds the last spot for the third device and crouches, making herself as small and invisible as possible::
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Shit shit shit, not now! ::A few of his screens go dead::
05[20:33] <@Detro> T2> ::refreshes the doppleganger::
05[20:33] <@Delgado> T2> ::nods idly:: We're all Terranovans in the end.
02[20:35] <@Gabriel> T1> ::turns casually toward the motorcycle riders::
05[20:35] <@Detro> T2> ::finding that doesn't work, he switches back to th ram::
01[20:35] <@Savant> Down in Alpha, a few of the punks come strolling idly up to the van. One of them is twirling a pistol, and the other one's got a rifle slung over his shoulder. The weapon seems to have seen better days. So have they in fact - their clothes are ratty and worn, and festooned with buttons and patches.
01[20:36] <@Savant> Detro takes the defensive firewall out of the system, leaving it with a few nasty viruses to defend itself with. Detor can see the thing start to reboot.
02[20:36] <@Melissa> T1> ::draws her Sfika once the package is in place and continues to hold still, watching as things unfold::
01[20:36] <@Savant> 5Man> Well, well well. Oo we got 'ere? ::strolls up beside the van:: Got a flat, bud?
01[20:37] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Keep that thing down; I'll go back in.
02[20:37] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::rattles the tire iron against the tire, causing a suitable amount of 'car trouble' noise::
02[20:37] <@Gabriel> T1> ::to the speaker:: That's right. Just about fixed. ::measures the man and tries to guestimate how he'll react::
05[20:39] <@Detro> T2> ::offers a distracted "Sure" to Mem in response::
05[20:39] <@Birkin> T2> I hear you. Might as well protect all of the world so others can keep on fighting over it
01[20:39] <@Savant> 5Man> Hnh! Ya dont' say. Terrible place to have a flat. All alone out here. Who knows what awful things could appen.
05[20:39] <@Dimitri> T2> ::Chuckles. :: So true.
02[20:40] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::is gritting his teeth to prevent opening his mouth as he lets Tynes handle this::
05[20:40] <@Delgado> T2> ::grins:: Yeah, because the Badlands is in such high demand...
05[20:41] <@Birkin> T2> Sand. Fucking seems retarded if you ask me. How many wars? About what? Some sandy asscrack off the planet. No offense doc.
05[20:41] <@Detro> T2> ::spotting a tracer program trying to run, also quashes that flat with the virtual mallet::
01[20:42] <@Savant> Detro tries to beat down the gateways' more vicious defenses, but they don't shut down. Additional processes come online, rebuffing the attack. But it does leave a brief moment where the defensive server is weakened...
02[20:42] <@Caelin> T1>::listens in on the conversation through his external mic, the rifle now at the ready::
02[20:43] <@Melissa> T1> ::cycles the switch to the dart gun and continues to watch::
05[20:43] <@Detro> T2> ::continues assaulting the weakened defenses::
05[20:43] <@Dimitri> T2> If it wasen't over sand, it would have been over something else. We just aren't ready for peace. We'll find something to fight over, anything. I'd just rather to fight for something more meaningful than sand.
05[20:44] <@Detro> T2> ::grunts:: Tough server.
01[20:44] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Yeah. Almost got it.
05[20:45] <@Delgado> T2> Hey. We have stuff. ... Like dawgs. Water caches under sand. Uhm... more dawgs. Corrosive sand. What's not to love?
01[20:46] <@Savant> 5Man> ::Kicks a tire of the van:: Good truck.
02[20:47] <@Gabriel> T1> Alone? Who said anything about being alone? ::draws his heavy sidearm in a quick move and points it at the man's eye:: I've got my auto club card.
02[20:47] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::re-tightens the lug on the wheel and straightens -- slowly, hefting the tire iron back over his shoulder again and turning -- slowly again -- towards the front of the truck, Tynes, and the two thugs::
01[20:48] <@Savant> 5Man> ::The smaller man seems to have been about to shoot out the truck's tires, but stops as he sees Gabriel pull out his pistol. After a brief, hesitant moment, he smirks:: Well then.
02[20:49] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::snaps his gum and takes a couple of steps out to flank rear Tynes::
02[20:49] <@Caelin> T1>::moves over to the far chunk of pillar and gets a better view of the bikers in hiding::
01[20:49] <@Savant> The computers in the van report with little beeps as they're briefly caught up in the beginnings of a corruption attack, but just as quickly they're rebuffed and quiet down again.
02[20:49] <@Gabriel> T1> Still, I've no quarrel with the Templars. ::slowly lowers the pistol, but keeps it at the ready::
05[20:50] <@Birkin> T2> Probably the sand. Hate that crap. that's why its Ashanti for me. A nice lake, and the lastest fashion trends are beads and the occasional peice of string to attach them with.
01[20:50] <@Savant> Down in alpha, a very large man with an equally large gun - looks like a machinegun? - calls out form his position behind the ruined pillar. He's chewing gum.:: You put that down now if you know what's good for ya.
02[20:50] <@Gabriel> T1> We should be watching out for each other down here. After all, wicked big spiders down here.
02[20:51] <@Gabriel> T1> ::wonders if Caelin will get the implied message::
02[20:51] <@Melissa> T1> ::turns her attention to the guy with the big gun, really wishing she had her drones with her right now::
01[20:51] <@Savant> 5Man> ::smirks:: No quarrel, eh? Well, the Templars don't got no quarrel with you, friend. ::holds up his hands in mock submission, though his gun's still in one hand::
05[20:52] <@Detro> T2> Dimitri, how's things looking over there?
02[20:52] <@Caelin> T1>::lines up his rifle for a shot, but then relaxes a bit as he hears tynes, the novans have apparently dealt with members of this group before::
01[20:52] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Ha-ha, good job Detro. I think I'm in here... I'm in a server in the Lots right now, actually.
02[20:52] <@Ardelmos> T1> Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're all just smashing good friends.
02[20:52] <@Gabriel> T1> ::nods and lowers the pistol still further, to his side::
05[20:53] <@Dimitri> T2> ::Glances back at the data feed. :: Other than that minute back there I was ready to pull the plu gjust in case.. but it's steady now..
05[20:54] <@Detro> T2> Just keep an eye out. I've got a worm on this end I need to smash still.
01[20:54] <@Savant> 5Man> You'll pardon me for not recognizing you, friend. You don't look like you belong down here.
03[20:56] * dak-Trillian (~dakabn@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
05[20:56] <@Dimitri> T2> Lines full again. Careful Detro. ::Glances at the pad warily. ::
02[20:56] <@Gabriel> T1> ::holsters the pistol and replies casually:: Just passing through. Sometimes the quickest route from point A to point B is down here... particularly if you want to avoid certain types of attention.
01[20:57] <@Savant> The data lines fill up again as that worm Detro mentioned tries to crawl its way down Detro's thread
05[20:57] <@Detro> T2> Yeah, I know. ::winces:: I think I pissed off that worm.
02[20:58] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::snaps his gum again and lowers the tire iron off his shoulder casually, moving back towards the truck::
03[20:58] * dak-Trillian (~dakabn@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has left #bt05
01[20:58] <@Savant> 5Man> ::bows in an exaggerated manner:: Next time, let us know. Soething bad coulda happened.
02[20:58] <@Melissa> T1> ::continues to watch quietly::
03[20:58] * dak-Trillian (~dakabn@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
01[20:59] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> No shit? Just step on it. ... heh, there's the honeypot.
02[20:59] <@Gabriel> T1> ::nods, sincerely:: You're right. It was an oversight. Won't happen again.
02[21:00] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::pulls his hat off flaps some of the dust off it, eyeing the man carefully -- he didn't recognize him, but who knows if he was in the crowd when he beat down the GREL::
03[21:00] * dak-Trillian (~dakabn@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has left #bt05
02[21:00] <@Gabriel> T1> Tell me: you know him? ::looks over toward the man Roland was speaking to::
05[21:00] <@Detro> T2> ::mutter:: Working on it. Need a better bugswatter.
01[21:00] <@Savant> 5Man> ::salvages a bit of pride through bravado:: Yeah, be sure it don't. ::glances - worriedly- at Roland:: Er, yeah.
01[21:01] <@Savant> With a little extra push, Detro collapses Hakkars' security portal.
05[21:01] <@Detro> T2> ::grins as his computer makes a happy beep:: Detro Takira: Makes bugs dead.
01[21:02] <@Savant> Bare seconds later, the data line leading to the truck starts pulling back an enormous amount of data, and even more is singing its way through the Gomorrah network, filling up an innocuous, public-access file server with secret CEF data.
05[21:02] <@Detro> T2> ::makes sure the barrier he's left at the data site is still working -- no sense loosing it to someone else's hack::
02[21:02] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::replaces his hat and runs a finger along the brim before re-checking the tire and tossing the tire iron into the back of the truck::
02[21:03] <@Gabriel> T1> ::to Roland:: Mind getting my rifle and the spare clips out of the truck cab?
02[21:03] <@Gabriel> T1> ::turns back to the man:: He might need some help getting reestablished in a week or so. Think I could count on the Templars to see to his welfare? I can make it worthwhile.
01[21:04] <@Savant> 5Man> Whut, this dude? ::points into the forest of pillars with his thumb:: You tossin him out? Don't think so. He's got cheapest fuel this side of the trench.
02[21:05] <@Gabriel> T1> No, no, nothing like that.
05[21:05] <@Detro> T2> ::sends the brute force attack after the struggling security on the storage center::
02[21:05] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::shifts towards the front of the truck and opens the door, reaching up and removing the rifle from its cradle above the dash::
01[21:05] <@Savant> Detro returns to his first server to find the locals a little restless, but it's nothing he can't keep down.
05[21:06] <@Detro> T2> ::goes back to monitoring the Hakkar connection as the files continue to merrily roll along::
01[21:06] <@Savant> Down in Alpha, Caelin has the perfect vantage point to see the Templars moving about. That heavy gunner seems particularily disturbed by the appearance of the rifle, and braces himself to fire
02[21:06] <@Gabriel> T1> It's probably nothing. But in a week or so, someone might come down here wondering why we passed through. And not finding us, they might take it out on him. Just give him a place to stay while that happens. Should clear up in a day or so, then he can get back to business.
01[21:07] <@Savant> 5Man> Hnh, yeah, we can let that go. ::Still eyeing Roland warily, even more than the rifle::
02[21:07] <@Gabriel> T1> ::takes the rifle from Roland, and offers it to the Templar:: A thank you present, for your services.
02[21:08] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::ensures the extra clips are fastened securely to the stock via the pouches and strap, and hands it towards Tynes butt-first without much of a word::
02[21:08] <@Gabriel> T1> Should keep your boss off your back for a week or so.
01[21:09] <@Savant> 5Man> huh! no shit. Awright then. ::takes the rifle:: We'll come by in a few days and collect the rusted old buzzard.
02[21:09] <@Gabriel> T1> ::nods:: Thanks.
01[21:10] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Let's kill this connection, Detro, and grab what we cna from our nest egg.
02[21:10] <@Gabriel> T1> Oh, and tell him to seal up his tanks when you pick him up.
05[21:10] <@Detro> T2> ::frowns:: I almost hate to do so... I guess we'll have to hope what we wanted is in there...
01[21:11] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> We can try somewhere else later on if we need to.
05[21:11] <@Birkin> T2> ::cracks his neck:: What about you doc. You got any plans for after this shits all over and done with?
05[21:11] <@Detro> T2> ::backs out to the network hub, then to their data store::
05[21:11] <@Detro> T2> Well, I just hope you've got the capacity for all this stuff in these systems. Or a better idea of where to securely store it.
01[21:11] <@Savant> 5Man> ::laughs:: nah, old bastard just stinks. Livin near runoff like this. Disgustin'.
02[21:11] <@Caelin> T1>::continues to montitor things from both his side of the pillar, and tynes through the eye's of sleca, he's not making a move unless a hostile action is taken::
02[21:12] <@Gabriel> T1> ::shrugs, then grins:: A man's gotta get by on whatever business he can.
05[21:12] <@Delgado> T2> ... Don't know, really. Haven't really thought that far. You?
01[21:12] <@Savant> 5Man> ::shrugs and starts to wander back to the others. his companion follows, still wordless.::
02[21:12] <@Gabriel> T1> ::relaxes, then gives Roland a nod::
05[21:13] <@Dimitri> T2> I haven't really thought about it myself..
02[21:13] <@Ardelmos> T1> Well....that was fun.
05[21:13] <@Detro> T2> Okay gang, we've got the data. Dig in if you want.
02[21:14] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::reaches within his coat and resecures the flaps on his holsters:: One more tube. Let's get it done.
01[21:14] <@Savant> Mem an Detro turn their screens to the "Joblist Forums and Grief Councelling" site and find it completely transformed. Instead of holding the expected psychological help and job searching functions, tehy see massive archives of sensitive data
02[21:15] <@Gabriel> T1> ::shrugs:: Should have expected it, honestly. He's absolutely right. We shouldn't have come onto Templar turf without letting them know we were going to.
02[21:15] <@Gabriel> T1> ::nods:: Let's. ::heads back toward the back of the truck::
05[21:16] <@Detro> T2> ::blinks:: Uh oh... I suppose we better get this data out before someone tries to restore on top or erase it...
01[21:16] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> ::grins widely::
05[21:16] <@Birkin> T2> On the occasion, bored moments like this yeah. Been thinking about expanding my operation, trying to sell booze from across the gateweb. Or at least several from our exploits I guess. Settle down in Ashani, enjoy the water and warm air.
02[21:17] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::moves to the back of the truck and begins offloading the last tube:: Childs? You still out there?
02[21:17] <@Melissa> T1> ::Steps out:: Yup, still here
02[21:17] <@Gabriel> T1> +com+ Caelin, the situation is secure for the moment. Any other movement?
05[21:18] <@Delgado> T2> ::grows quiet for a moment then shrugs:: I don't know. Maybe I'll go foreign and live with the Liberati when this is said and done.
05[21:19] <@Detro> T2> ::turns to Delgado:: Doc! We need your eyes over here, to sort through data.
05[21:19] <@Birkin> T2> To each his o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

05[21:19] <@Detro> T2> ::turns to Delgado:: Doc! We need your eyes over here, to sort through data.
05[21:19] <@Birkin> T2> To each his own in here I guess.
05[21:19] <@Delgado> T2> Hmm? ::shifts from the window and moves over to Detro, looking over the screen:: Alright.
02[21:19] <@Gabriel> T1> ::turns to see if the Templars are going to be moving on::
01[21:19] <@Savant> The Templars start heading off again, going the way they came and now hauling a few large tanks of fuel
02[21:20] <@Melissa> T1> ::reholsters her sidearm and brushes off some dirt from her knees::
02[21:20] <@Caelin> T1>::makes another sweep of the area using Sleca's view as well:: +com+no other movement captain, returning to the vehicle
02[21:20] <@Gabriel> T1> ::nods, then turns back to the others:: Let's get the last tube planted and get out of here. We've drawn quite enough attention.
02[21:20] <@Gabriel> T1> +com+ Very well, thank you.
01[21:20] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Okay, we're full up. Let's pull the plug and get the hell out of here.
02[21:20] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::grunts:: Yeah. ::points over to a different area from the other two:: Good spot over there.
05[21:21] <@Detro> T2> Are we wiping the data we have out there on those servers first?
02[21:21] <@Melissa> T1> ::moves up to help with the package::
05[21:21] <@Detro> T2> And I'd like to try to cover our tracks a little there as well.
01[21:21] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Oh, yeah, I guess.
02[21:21] <@Caelin> T1>::makes his way back to the truck following the path he came::
05[21:22] <@Detro> T2> Well, really, you should cover our tracks. I'll get the files.
01[21:23] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Yeah.
01[21:24] <@Savant> The computer ops team closes up shop, their tracks effectively covered.
05[21:24] <@Detro> T2> ::wipes out the files quickly and efficiently and closes out... there's a twinge of guilt over having done this to an employment and grief councelling company though::
01[21:25] <@Savant> Meanwhile, below, the deployment team places the last of its weapons and hides it in amongst the rusted-out landscape.
01[21:25] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> Let's get out of here, guys.
02[21:25] <@Ardelmos> T1> ::closes up the back of the truck and hops back into cab:: Good to go.
05[21:26] <@Detro> T2> Amen to THAT. ::climbs forward and into the driver's seat, motioning out the window for Birkin to get in::
05[21:26] <@Detro> T2> <<Edit: -Amen to, +Roger>>
02[21:26] <@Melissa> T1> ::returns to the truck and climbs in::
02[21:26] <@Gabriel> T1> ::undoes the truck's forward anchors and stows them::
05[21:27] <@Birkin> T2> ::catches the motion and grabs his gear rifle before hoping into the back of the van:: Get everything we came for?
02[21:27] <@Gabriel> T1> ::once that's done, moves toward the cab and mounts up, shutting down the hydraulics motor, then starting the engine::
05[21:27] <@Detro> T2> If we didn't, we should be able to get it elsewhere I hope. ::starts the van::
02[21:28] <@Caelin> T1>::climbs into the truck just before roland closes the hatch:: +subcom+ Sleca, objective complete, you may return to rendevous, Freja the terranovans here finished.
02[21:28] <@Gabriel> T1> ::waits for the rear door light to go out, then puts the truck in reverse, doing a reverse three-point turn to get pointed back toward the east::
01[21:29] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ They're leaving here, too. I'll meet you back at the hold.
02[21:29] <@Gabriel> T1> ::once the truck is oriented, puts it in a forward gear and heads back the way we came::
01[21:29] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Acknowledged, Lead Armiger. Returning to rendezvous.
05[21:29] <@Detro> T2> ::looks both ways and pulls the van out of the alley, heading to get lost in the traffic -- hopefully not directionally-lost though::
02[21:30] <@Gabriel> T1> Let's hope this was a productive day. Hope the Lieuteanant's team got what we need.
01[21:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:30] <@Savant> well, well, well. Ooo do we ave ere?
[21:30] <@Gabriel> Yay! Smile That was fun.
[21:31] <@Delgado> weeee
01[21:31] <@Savant> well done, folks! I hope it wasn't too scattered. Running two maps sucks Wink
01[21:31] <@Savant> even if they aren't full up tactical maps
[21:31] <@Caelin> it was fun:)
[21:31] <@Gabriel> Nope, these maps were perfect. Network map reminded mme of the old Steve Jackson Hacker game.
[21:31] <@Detro> I was okay, only because I was elsewhere IRL. I suppose it was an OK character growth game for Birkin, Deli, and Dimi.
[21:31] <@Ardelmos> That network map was cool.
[21:31] <@Detro> (Sorry, didn't catch much of that.)
01[21:31] <@Savant> I'm interested in your opinions on the hacking system. It's vague because i wasn't able to focus on it, but it basically runs like combat.
[21:32] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: From what I could see of it, it looked like great fun.
[21:32] <@Melissa> i thought it was interesting
[21:32] <@Melissa> and the map was cool
[21:32] <@Detro> Damn. Knew we should have gone through KSM.
[21:32] <@Detro> While we were here that is.
01[21:32] <@Savant> there are a few of you good with computers, so it'd be fun to have a full-up hacking game sometime.
01[21:32] <@Savant> each pathway had interesting goodies. The path you chose actually got you into the CEF's files, so you got some good info.
01[21:33] <@Savant> anyways. Questions?
[21:33] <@Gabriel> When do we find out what we learned?
[21:33] <@Gabriel> Can't plan out next week at all without that info.
01[21:34] <@Savant> we can talk on it tonight or tomorrow, fi you like. I'll also be on this weekend.
[21:34] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Sounds good.
01[21:34] <@Savant> okay.
01[21:34] <@Savant> experience! One for showing up. Two for teamwork. Tell me some teamwork.
[21:35] <@Detro> Well, I'd like to say Mem and Detro, but MEM WASN'T FREAKING HERE.
01[21:35] <@Savant> you worked well with the GM Wink
[21:35] <@Melissa> where was Brad?
[21:35] <@Caelin> lots of teamwork
[21:35] <@Detro> ::cough:: And Hi Brad, if you're reading this log. ::smirk::
[21:35] <@Gabriel> Can't believe that.
01[21:35] <@Savant> doing some music stuff.
[21:35] <@Delgado> Dimitri, Birkin, and myself kept the team safe. =D
[21:35] <@Detro> Can't believe what Ross?
[21:35] <@Delgado> And I helped Detro with some data stuff.
[21:35] <@Birkin> I spotted that spider
[21:35] <@Dimitri> I monitored Data! Very Happy
[21:35] <@Birkin> before it got onto the van
01[21:35] <@Savant> it let you, Birkin Wink
[21:35] <@Gabriel> Anyway, yeah, great teamwork on the mortar team. Good mix of skills, everyone kept busy, everyone covered each other, Gabriel got be a little in-your-face physical, which I like to do with him.
01[21:36] <@Savant> it was told to come and say hi Wink
[21:36] <@Detro> Yeah, you guys got in some good character development on Team 2 while we were busy, from what it looks.
[21:36] <@Birkin> ugh that thing can easily beat an 11 notice? Wink
01[21:36] <@Savant> i'm just having fun with you Wink
[21:36] <@Birkin> We gotta get us some of that shit Wink
01[21:36] <@Savant> (yes)
[21:36] <@Gabriel> Plus a fun convo between Gabriel and Melissa. First time Gabriel's got to see Melissa's prankster side. Wink
[21:36] <@Melissa> heh
01[21:36] <@Savant> and yes, you do. That's teamwork, 2 points 3rd is for storyline. Give me some storyline!
[21:37] <@Caelin> yeah i'm dissappointed you guys didn't interact with schildfreja more, she was there to assist from the shadows:)
[21:37] <@Detro> Well, we'll know more about the storyline when we see the data Wink
01[21:37] <@Savant> just based on what's happened today.
01[21:37] <@Savant> you won't ahve time to analyse the data until you get home and invest a solid day
[21:37] <@Detro> Other than that, apparently server security on Caprice is in a woeful state if Detro is easily smashing his way through Smile
[21:37] <@Melissa> um, perhaps the fact that it seems that a bunch of CEF data was given to the team...
[21:37] <@Melissa> at least that's the way i read the information dump that happened.
[21:37] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: What Detro said. On the mortar team side, we learned something that never would have occured to me, the black market in fuel. We spend a LOT of cargo space carting fuel to Caprice. Never occured to me to get it locally.
[21:38] <@Gabriel> V-engines can burn just about anything, and now we know that there's people on Alpha level that do plain old petrol.
[21:38] <@Gabriel> That's very useful information.
[21:38] <@Delgado> No so much storyline, but we had some good Team 2 character development.
[21:38] <@Detro> Hmm, excellent point.
01[21:38] <@Savant> hey, that's a good one, Gabriel.
[21:38] <@Dimitri> I don't have a v-engine...
01[21:38] <@Savant> yeah, i liked seeing that. I'm glad it happened.
01[21:38] <@Savant> Dimitri, you do, actually. You have a small V engine and a very large superconducting battery that can recharge off of the v engine.
[21:38] <@Dimitri> well, if you want to be specific Wink
01[21:39] <@Savant> i do Wink
[21:39] <@Melissa> i think i qualify as being the only TN vehicle without a v-engine (that isn't a spacecraft)
[21:39] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Even our Fleas use v-engines.
01[21:39] <@Savant> i'll give you the storyline point. And this server example was me being kind, since I dind't feel like fighting myself/mem Wink it'd be harder if i was nothing but opposition. So don't start thinking that local computer traffic is tame
01[21:40] <@Savant> that's 3 points. 4 if you can tell me what you look forward to most about the next game, which as I understand is going to involve breaking into sa spacestation and reprogramming a mess of drones.
[21:40] <@Detro> Certainly not if we set up a cover company as computer security experts and beef up their systems for them. With a few back doors of course Wink
[21:40] <@Caelin> looking at my armiger sheet i'm can help but chuckle at this little bit of info "Engine Output: Enough"Smile
[21:41] <@Ardelmos> Using Zero-G skill again. Wink
[21:41] <@Melissa> not sure what i'm looking forward to the most next game...the look on some CEF officer's face as his shitter is blown-up by a mortar shell?
[21:42] <@Detro> Heh. Bouncing grenades off walls again!
[21:42] <@Delgado> Sheer cool shit factor.
[21:42] <@Detro> Oh, and the cutting laser. Forget going through doors. We're just gonna cut our way through to our objective. Wink
[21:42] <@Detro> (j/k)
[21:42] <@Gabriel> The pure shadowrun factor. Can't wait to decide if we're going in as a CID inspection team like in The Rock, or pure sneaky like James Bond.
01[21:42] <@Savant> cool factor, got it.
01[21:43] <@Savant> anyone else?
[21:43] <@Melissa> controlling vast swarms of drones
01[21:43] <@Savant> don't see anything from Dimitri
[21:43] <@Gabriel> ::grins::
01[21:43] <@Savant> hee
[21:43] <@Gabriel> Melissa gets the fun job, all right.
[21:43] <@Birkin> Awwww
[21:43] <@Gabriel> That's also probably another computer run, come to think of it.
[21:43] <@Birkin> I wanna blow stuff up with drones
[21:43] <@Detro> <Melissa> Fly my pretties!
[21:43] <@Dimitri> Mainly because, I'm not sure what to really say. ;P
[21:44] <@Gabriel> ie, Mem and/or Detro will have to get her into a clear reprogramming console.
01[21:44] <@Savant> what do you think will be cool and fun about sneaking onto a space station
[21:44] <@Gabriel> Sounds like another network map to me.
[21:44] <@Dimitri> Getting jettesoned outside of an airlock?
01[21:44] <@Savant> a small network map. le sigh Wink
01[21:44] <@Savant> okay, i'll slate that down for you, if you really want it
[21:44] <@Dimitri> Personally I'm not much of sneaking onto confined spaces against armed opponents! XD
[21:44] <@Gabriel> Heh.
01[21:44] <@Savant> heh heh, i'll accept that
01[21:44] <@Savant> Birkin?
[21:45] <@Melissa> i could always give Birkin a couple of drones strapped with explosives to go crash into stuff Wink
[21:45] <@Birkin> Eh. Either getting to kill a few Webbed up GREL or being able to target barracks in Paladin Lots
01[21:45] <@Savant> okay.
[21:45] <@Birkin> best targets are the one that don't fight back
01[21:46] <@Savant> that's 4 points for Roland, Birkin, Caelin, Detro, Gabriel. Five for Delgado, Dimitri, Melissa. Well done!
01[21:46] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Black Talons in Session'
[18:30] <@Detro> ::Attn::
[18:30] <@Mem> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Birkin> ::attn::
01[18:30] <@Savant> hello and welcome to an action-packed, drama-filled episode of the Black Talons
[18:31] <@Detro> ::translates that into sign language::
[18:31] <@Lykaeon> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> You guys are going to have some fun. You've given yourself a difficult goal, so I hope you're up to the task.
[18:31] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
03[18:31] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
03[18:31] * Ardelmos (~fdeziel@bas4-kitchener06-1167937465.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #bt05
03[18:31] * Lykaeon is now known as Karas
[18:31] <@Dimitri> ::Attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> a "lose" scenario, as I understand it, is the discovery of the infiltration team.
01[18:32] <@Savant> So, best of luck.
03[18:32] * Savant sets mode: +o Ardelmos
[18:32] <@Delgado> ::attn n stuff::
[18:32] <@Caelin> ::attn::
01[18:32] <@Savant> also, someone may turn on the microwave. Don't panic. Everything seems to be working for once.
[18:33] <@Detro> This is the other reason we should use hard lines here. Wink
01[18:33] <@Savant> have a briefing. enjoy. savour it.
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2Black Talons
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2 10 Lares 275LC, 0730h - Morning - (16S TN1945)
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2 High Caprice Orbit, Caprice.
01[18:33] <@Savant> 2 -197 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity, 0 millibars atmospheric pressure. It's frickin space.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Turnabout is Fair Play. That's what's brought you back up into the black beyond, up past Caprices' thin atmosphere and the grip of her gravity well, into orbit. Above and ahead is one of the Arclight stations within view of Gomorrah and Paladin Lots. From this place you will create the first stage of your attack.
01[18:33] <@Savant> But it isn't going to be easy. You'll have to somehow get in and get out again while remaining undetected to the staff inside, so that the reprogramming you conduct on the drone drop-pods goes equally undetected.
01[18:33] <@Savant> You're going in as two groups - one a covert team that will infiltrate, find a proper computer terminal and from there reprogram the drones; the other will act as a "face" and distraction with the help of a pair of CID spacesuits.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Pathfinder will wait in near orbit, hidden behind a thin veil of gasses. You better make it quick, for her sake if not for your own.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:33] <@Detro> ack
[18:33] <@Ardelmos> yack
[18:33] <@Dimitri> ::ack::
01[18:33] <@Savant> replace PAthfinder with a Whipsnake
[18:33] <@Ardelmos> ::raises::
[18:33] <@Mem> ack
01[18:34] <@Savant> Roland?
[18:34] <@Caelin> ack
[18:34] <@Ardelmos> This is not a unique episode title. Thief. Wink
01[18:34] <@Savant> i can steal experience points, too, you know Wink
[18:34] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:34] <@Delgado> ack
[18:34] <@Ardelmos> ::snickers::
[18:34] <@Birkin> ack
01[18:34] <@Savant> questions?
01[18:35] <@Savant> and I will want everyone (everyone) to state what they're bringing in the appropriate thread on the forums.
01[18:35] <@Savant> microwave starts now
01[18:35] <@Savant> dammit.
01[18:36] <@Savant> no one touch the map Wink maybe it'll stay up
[18:36] <@Karas> I have no idea what I'm bringing...am I using the taser listed in the HG Equipment Catalogue book Colin>
01[18:36] <@Savant> that's the stats, yes
01[18:36] <@Savant> I'll give you five minutes to figure out what you're bringing and post it.
01[18:38] <@Savant> in the meantime, i'm going to chop up the fog of war on that map a little bit to show you the profile of the station
[18:39] <@Karas> Which thread sorry
[18:39] <@Ardelmos> Alrighty changed in the equipment thread.
[18:39] <@Caelin> same here
[18:41] <@Mem> Which thread?
[18:41] <@Mem> The Rahnguard one? Wink
[18:42] <@Ardelmos> No, the 'post your equipment here' thread.
[18:42] <@Mem> one and the same
[18:42] <@Ardelmos> Well, that's the thread we've used for the past year and half, so yeah, that one. Wink
[18:42] <@Mem> Yeah, I've never changed my equipment.
01[18:43] <@Savant> you may want to this time. I suggest a spacesuit Wink
01[18:43] <@Savant> does everyone see the changes on the map?
[18:43] <@Detro> Aye
[18:44] <@Gabriel> Yep.
[18:45] <@Delgado> Yes
[18:45] <@Karas> Yes.
[18:45] <@Dimitri> Maybe.
[18:45] <@Ardelmos> Yuh huh
01[18:45] <@Savant> amazing.
[18:45] <@Karas> Sweet my token's epic.
01[18:46] <@Savant> you should see the outline of the station now, and you should also see a few tokens beside your red deployment zone
01[18:46] <@Savant> that's Keiji Kage. You're welcome Wink
[18:46] <@Karas> Lol...he does rule.
01[18:46] <@Savant> everyone set?
01[18:46] <@Savant> any last questions?
[18:47] <@Karas> Whats the safeword?
01[18:47] <@Savant> "more please"
[18:47] <@Detro> boot to the head
01[18:47] <@Savant> ::boot::
[18:47] <@Gabriel> If anyone screws up, have the good grace to immediately get killed by your mistake tonight, k? Wink
[18:47] <@Karas> These tasers blow...they got no ROF.
[18:47] <@Gabriel> That way, I don't have to RP Gabriel yelling at someone. Wink
01[18:47] <@Savant> let's rock and roll. Hope you have some emergency dice ready to go.
[18:47] <@Dimitri> Hey Colin, can I have some xp? Wink
01[18:48] <@Savant> no
01[18:48] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:48] <@Savant> The slick black insect-drone is a good distance away. It's completely invisible through the black, even to your sensors - the only sign of it is a thin trace of a laser transponder ahead of the Whipsnake.
01[18:48] <@Savant> You wait within the cramped hold for report from the machine.
[18:49] <@Ardelmos> ::remains anchored securely within the hold of the whipsnake, arms crossed in front of him over the form of the BIL as he patiently awaits their arrival::
[18:50] <@Detro> ::hums the theme to a popular Mekong Dominion cartoon series while waiting::
[18:51] <@Dimitri> :: Blanches, putting his datapad away as his stomach was feeling rather queasy. Fighting the good fight on the planet for too long and not enough flying around in space. Instead he settled for figiting with his HUI. ::
[18:52] <@Gabriel> ::finishes briefing the team:: And one more time, no shooting. ::glances at Delgado:: You're with me, Doctor. ::holds up a grapple gun:: I'll link the two of us together. You don't have to do a thing but hang on.
[18:52] <@Karas> ::Karas looks around at everyone...giddy as a school boy...this was his first time spending any serious amount of time in space::
[18:52] <@Delgado> Sounds like fun.
[18:52] <@Detro> ::hummning:: daannnananah nah nah, boot to the head.... daaa na na na naah naaah boot to the head...
01[18:52] <@Savant> Its voice is an aggressive baritone drone through your earbud speakers. "Objective reached, Lead Armigers. No opposition. Suitable target aquired. Advancing."
[18:52] <@Ardelmos> +com+ And for fuck's sake, use your hand signals. Last thing we need is to put out a bunch of extra radiation from our comms if we don't need to.
[18:53] <@Mem> ::smirks from underneath his spacesuit's helmet at Roland's comment, waiting to get out of the cramped bay::
[18:54] <@Detro> ::makes sure the cable for the data glove is ready to go, as is the cable to the laptop strapped to him::
01[18:54] <@Savant> Outside, the station appears to be a glittering gem floating as if dislodged from the main bulk of the rotund Arclight station. Framed by long arms of heat radiators, the "Fast Response Station is a multi-faceted half-gem with a large airlock on one side and several smaller ones studding its Caprice-bearing surface.
[18:54] <@Gabriel> ::looks over at Karas:: Karas, I'll want you listening in to what I'm saying and what I'm hearing at all times.
03[18:54] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:54] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:54] <@Gabriel> You might have some insight into something I might have to say to bluff us past any guards or staff.
[18:55] <@Caelin> ::gives roland a quick glance before going back to studying the readouts from sleca::
[18:55] <@Karas> Not likely, unless this station is run by a CorpSerf branch...but I will try friend.
01[18:56] <@Savant> There's a pause, and then the drone reports: "Target neutralized, Lead Armigers. Retreating to cover for observation duties." The small screen on Caelin's PDA shows the drones' view as it backs up behind a set of transmission antennae.
[18:57] <@Caelin> ::nods::+subcom+good job sleca, let us know if there's any trouble
[18:57] <@Gabriel> ::looks over the station from a technical point of view::
[18:58] <@Birkin> ::stays in the back of the whipsnake for now, awaiting orders out of them::
[18:58] <@Ardelmos> Your friends are efficient.
[18:58] <@Birkin> We need more efficent friends.
01[18:59] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Acknowledged, Lead Armiger. No report.
[18:59] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts::
[19:00] <@Gabriel> ::seals his helmet:: +com+ Caelin, I look forward to visiting your planet. Hopefully, everything there is so efficient. Talons, seal up and prepare to move out.
[19:00] <@Mem> ::checks the seals on his suit:: +com+ I want one of those AIs for a gear.
[19:00] <@Ardelmos> ::flips down his faceshield and seals his helmet, activating the oxygen recycling system::
01[19:00] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::glances at Caelin and makes a hand gesture with the large fist of her exoskeleton::
[19:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ Station, at first glance, is as I expected: an auxiliary post only. Local comms only, no gravity, basic life support, relies on Arclight for everything else. Hacking team, that means you should be able to bypass the main Arclight computer entirely while we're here.
[19:00] <@Birkin> +com+ Only if I get that stealth system on Cerberus. Hidden in plain sight is a good thing.
[19:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ For our CID ID checks in particular, make sure the data check stays local.
[19:01] <@Detro> ::smiles where he's been leaning against a wall and checks the seals on his gauntlets, then helmets up and checks that seal. Amusingly, it's not far off that gesture the Liberati do...::
[19:01] <@Dimitri> ::flips down his own faceshield. Muttering something under his breath... ::
[19:01] <@Mem> +com+ Copy.
[19:01] <@Delgado> ::slips her helmet on and secures it before stepping over to Gabriel::
[19:01] <@Birkin> ::seals his heavy suit up, getting a feel for the big lunk of a suit::
[19:01] <@Gabriel> +com+ I'm seeing four fighter bays, an aux bay, and the hatches along the bottom. Probably the drop pod launchers.
[19:01] <@Caelin> ::nods to scildfreja and gives a reassuring gesture back::
[19:02] <@Karas> ::copies the actions of the others...as he seals his suit::
[19:02] <@Gabriel> ::unwinds the magnetic line from his grapple gun and attaches it to Delgado's suit, then checks her seal and oxygen readings for her::
[19:02] <@Detro> ::raises the data glove and sets it up for passive reception on minimal power to monitor signals on the way in::
[19:02] <@Ardelmos> ::pulls up his own view of the station to see if the fighter bays are visibly stocked::
03[19:03] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[19:04] <@Gabriel> ::gives everyone else a more cursory glance, then:: +com+ Let's move out. ::palms open the outer hatch of the Whipsnake::
[19:04] <@Ardelmos> +com+ Four TAAFs. Looks like they're sealed hull to hull with the station on the dorsal side.
[19:04] <@Dimitri> ::Quickly checks his equipment. And double checks it. Suit, weapons and the like.::
[19:04] <@Detro> ::as usual, lines up on Roland's 5 o'clock::
[19:04] <@Gabriel> ::checks his line to Delgado one more time, then pulls it tight, locks off the grapple gun, and pushes off in the direction of the station::
01[19:05] <@Savant> The air slips away quickly, and the nosecone of the Whipsnake blooms open into the black of space. Above you is a broad expanse of distant, smoky rock, bordered by a band of black. Ahead is the grey gem of the station.
[19:05] <@Karas> ::Finds his position within the group close to Gabriel::
[19:05] <@Ardelmos> ::latches the BIL across his back, then follows Tynes' lead and launches towards the station::
[19:05] <@Melissa> ::checks her suit one last time and then gets ready to go::
[19:06] <@Delgado> ::drifts toward the station, idly hoping she doesn't look like an ass and smack into it ungracefully::
[19:06] <@Detro> ::follows behind and to the right of Roland::
[19:06] <@Birkin> ::stays towards the rear of the line before moving out::
[19:06] <@Dimitri> ::follows behind Detro and the Sociopath. Keeping fairly center in the formation. ::
01[19:06] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::puffs the jets of her exoskeleton and slips ahead of everyone else, slinging a large chain gun in her grip as she goes. Then she disappears into the black entirely::
[19:08] <@Caelin> ::watches as scildfreja exits the cargobay and goes into stealth mode::you be careful too...
[19:09] <@Mem> ::pushes forward, towards the airlock::
[19:09] <@Caelin> ::finally takes a step out of the whipsnake and puffs the jets on his armiger a bit to move toward the station::
[19:10] <@Gabriel> ::switches his comm to direct laser, points the transmitter and Delgado, then:: +com+ Doctor, in a moment, I'm going to do something odd. I'm going to use the other end of the grapple gun to pogo off the station.
[19:10] <@Melissa> ::launches herself out towards the entrance:
[19:10] <@Detro> ::the eerie silence of space kinda humbles Detro. It's wrong, the feeling of setting up battle without the cacophany of jungle life rumbling around him::
[19:10] <@Karas> ::Karas pushes off just behind Gabriel and Delgado...obviously having problems, but he seems to manage anyways::
[19:10] <@Birkin> ::temporarily turns around, walking backwards in his ascent towards the station, showing off a bit before he turned back around::
[19:10] <@Gabriel> +com+ I'll bounce off, just like a pool table ball, with exactly the opposite speed I have now. Your momentum will then neutralize mine, and all you have to do is reach out, grab the station, and pull us in. OK? Just wave a hand if you understand.
[19:11] <@Dimitri> ::Mutters inside his helmet as the weightlessness of space makes his stomach queasy again. Otherwise staying fairly quiet, and not broadcasting his discomfort over the com::
[19:11] <@Delgado> ::starts twitching a little as her feet, well, her entire body feels no security at the moment. It isn't made better by Tynes' statement, but she waves anyways, trying to focus on the station and grabbing::
01[19:12] <@Savant> The smaller fast response station beckons, growing larger as you float ahead through the black. You can make out the four TAAFs studding the top facets of the hull, but can't see where Sleca has hidden itself amongst them. The hatches for the drone launch ports are at this moment hidden from view.
[19:13] <@Gabriel> ::points the pogo end of the grapple at the station, holding it out in front of him like a short spear::
[19:13] <@Ardelmos> ::activates the magnetic grapples in the armoured suit's boots as he approaches the station, preparing to latch on to the hull of hte station::
[19:14] <@Dimitri> ::discomfort grows as his stomach lurches again. It really has been too long, and whilst his stomach was empty minus a ration bar, it did not sit well with him. His concentration slightly unfocused as he activated the suits armoured soles. ""
[19:14] <@Detro> ::for a moment, Detro regrets the group didn't bring the "musical bombs" with them to leave with the TAAFs... he'd heard about them and agreed they should be used against the CEF at some point::
[19:15] <@Melissa> ::kept her mind focused on the task at hand and not on the vastness of the void all about her::
[19:15] <@Karas> ::Karas manages to land boots first feeling the reassuring grip of the magnetic pads when he lands::
[19:15] <@Delgado> ::actually puts her arms out in front of her and makes 'grabby' motions, getting ready to grab. .... Yes, she looks stupid::
[19:16] <@Gabriel> ::hits the station with his pogo, waits for it to compress, and then... retract, bouncing him back out into space::
[19:16] <@Mem> ::takes a deep breath as he lazily floats towards the bulkhead::
[19:17] <@Delgado> ::grabsgrabsgrabsgrabs::
[19:17] <@Detro> ::nearing the landing, activates his grapples pads and lets the magnets draw him in::
[19:18] <@Caelin> ::comes around to the entrance and gives a couple more puffs to stop himself::
[19:18] <@Ardelmos> ::touches down onto the hull of the station, hearing the magnetic snap as the boots seal to the hull -- he bends his knees smoothly to reduce the impact and sound on the station::
[19:18] <@Mem> ::glances up at where the camera used to be, then to the hatch to see if there was an access point for the computer or security systems::
[19:18] <@Melissa> ::tried hard not to laugh at the comical sight of Delgado grabbing, knowing that this was serious and deadly business...still, she couldn't help but smile widely::
[19:18] <@Dimitri> ::Brings his feet to the station, attaching himself to the bulkhead of the station. Glancing around for any obvious entrances ::
01[19:19] <@Savant> The group of you affix themselves in between two belly-up TAAF fighters on the drab grey hull. The destroyed camera is off and to the left, and there's a man hatch ahead of the fighter itself, though it doesn't seem to get much use.
[19:19] <@Birkin> ::Grabs ahold of the station, smiling slightly preparing himself for a hopefully uneventful evening::
[19:19] <@Birkin> +com+ Well at least we know where to get a few free TAAF's from if we want em
[19:19] <@Detro> :Surprisedn landing, secures his footing, then brings up the dataglove to see what signals it's picking up on passive::
01[19:20] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Hatch One opening, Lead Armigers. One target. Armed with a sidearm. Unprepared. Establishing defensive posture.
[19:20] <@Gabriel> ::waits for Delgado to get a secure hold, then winches in the grapple gun cable before tucking the grapple gun into a nook on one of the fighters::
[19:20] <@Gabriel> ::makes the hand motion for "everyone find cover and hold"::
[19:20] <@Delgado> ::takes a deep breath as she stares at the hull and tell herself it's not going anywhere::
[19:20] <@Gabriel> ::guides Delgado behind one of the fighters::
[19:20] <@Mem> ::pushes himself up along the hull, near one of the TAAFs::
[19:20] <@Ardelmos> ::shrinks low, and pulls the BIL off his back::
[19:20] <@Caelin> ::nods and activates his stealth systems::
[19:21] <@Melissa> ::finds some available cover and makes herself small::
[19:21] <@Detro> ::moves towards the nearby fighter's engine::
[19:21] <@Dimitri> ::Glances at Gabriels motions, ::
[19:23] <@Detro> ::does the best he can, but it's a bit hard. If the fighter weren't hull-to-hull with the station, he'd try to slide under it, but still...
01[19:23] <@Savant> A figure becomes visible, moving ponderously along the hull using adhesive hand-grip pads. It's a large suited figure; through the helmet you can see the flush of purple skin. It's got a bag of tools along with it as well.
[19:25] <@Detro> ::frowns... for it to have tools, it has to be an Isaac, but if it fixes the camera...::
[19:25] <@Birkin> ::mimics Roland's actions, drawing his BIL, and staying down and in the shadows of the station::
01[19:25] <@Savant> 6Isaac> ::comes to stop at the camera and tethers in, beginning to remove the screw plates and remove the damaged piece of equipment. He seems content, happy even to be doing his job::
[19:25] <@Gabriel> ::holds one hand palm down toward Birkin and Roland::
[19:25] <@Delgado> ::stiffens as she sees something big and purple cotting toward them::
[19:25] <@Mem> ::rolls his eyes at the GREL maintenance man, impatient::
[19:25] <@Gabriel> ::smiles inside his helmet, then checks the airlock::
[19:25] <@Ardelmos> ::looks at Tynes, frowns, nods, and remains in position::
[19:25] <@Melissa> ::sighs to herself::
[19:26] <@Dimitri> ::Moves into the shadows, eyeing the Isaac rather impassively. Not having a real issue with a technician class. Afterall they didn't slaughter. Just fixed the things that did. It didn't stop him from moving the Gyroc rifle to his hands.::
01[19:26] <@Savant> 6Isaac> ::He takes his time; after a few moments he pulls out the camera from its socket and slips it into a bag, then goes about sealing up. As he's putting the thing away, however, he looks up at the horizon of the station. A few of you can see a frown cross his strong-featured face.::
[19:26] <@Karas> ::watches the GREL go about his business...::
[19:26] <@Detro> ::stays frozen, hoping he hasn't been seen::
[19:27] <@Detro> ::at the very least, maybe the GREL would think he were some dead spacer whose body had been attracted by the microgravity field of the station::
[19:27] <@Ardelmos> ::tries to track what the GREL is looking at::
[19:27] <@Karas> ::knowing how impotent of a gesture using a Taser on a GREL was::
[19:28] <@Ardelmos> ::looks over to where Melissa and Detro are:: +com+ Takira, Childs. Don't. Fucking. Move.
[19:28] <@Dimitri> ::Eyes the Grel, his eyes aiming to follow the gaze of the Isaac's gaze::
[19:28] <@Melissa> ::silently tells Ardelmos to go fuck a dawg cause she has no intentions of moving...:::
[19:28] <@Detro> ::doesn't even respond to that, just stays dead-stiff::
[19:28] <@Caelin> ::catches a glimps of the GREL's expression, unsure if it means one of the talons had been spotted or if it's for having to come out to repair a camera::
[19:28] <@Gabriel> ::decides not to risk sending the full team in under these conditions, and turns his laser transmitter over to Mem:: +com+ Lieutenant, go into the airlock and set a tap so that you can open it again after the Isaac goes back inside. Then get out, quick.
[19:29] <@Gabriel> +com+ No need to answer. Just move.
01[19:29] <@Savant> The GREL continues to frown, thinking things over in his head. Issacs are clever, but only in certain fields. In others they aren't nearly so bright. He untethers himself and pushes off towards Childs and Takira to get a closer look.
[19:29] <@Mem> ::grunts and starts crawling along the hull towards the hatch::
[19:29] <@Melissa> ::mentally wishes the GREL to go away::
[19:29] <@Detro> ::mentally curses his luck::
[19:30] <@Delgado> ::can feel herself sweating as she swallows and finds her throat dry. Goddamn GREL::
[19:30] <@Mem> ::checks on where the Isaac is, then makes his move when it's clear::
[19:31] <@Dimitri> ::Mutters again to himself, watching the Grel float towards the other two, keeping the rifle trained on the Grel, but maintaining trigger discipline::
[19:31] <@Detro> ::hopes someone has an idea to get out of this one, considering that killing the GREL would likely end the mission poorly, so all he can do is play dead::
03[19:31] * dakabn (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
03[19:31] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[19:31] <@Melissa> ::thinks about happy thoughts, mingled with thoughts of this GREL just going away, but not in a way that would cause the station to go on alert::
[19:31] <@Ardelmos> ::eyes the Isaac as it moves, trying to determine if there was anything on the GREL he could shoot to simulate a suit malfunction::
01[19:32] <@Savant> And suddenly, the GREL pitches forward, quick and hard. He swings himself down and spins around to face the opposite way- turning away from the Talons for a few brief, precious seconds.
[19:32] <@Gabriel> ::frowns, trying to figure out what that move meant::
[19:32] <@Gabriel> ::takes the opportunity to wave one hand toward Detro, indicating he should get further into cover::
[19:32] <@Gabriel> <<And Melissa.>>
01[19:32] <@Savant> The more watchful Talons catch a glimpse of a space-black praying-mantis drone clutching several rocks in its spindly arms, huddled behind an antenna cluster.
[19:33] <@Melissa> ::pushes carefully back, moing further into cover::
[19:33] <@Mem> ::stops to see what the Isaac is up to, not quite to the hatch yet::
[19:33] <@Delgado> ::goes kind of wide-eyed, wondering if the damn mantis was going to bludgeon the GREL to death::
[19:34] <@Detro> ::takes advantage of the opportunity gets into deeper cover near the engines::
[19:34] <@Mem> ::watches the Isaac tumble a bit, and moves to the hatch as ordered::
[19:34] <@Ardelmos> ::to himself:: Smart.
[19:34] <@Mem> ::checks inside the hatch for a camera::
[19:34] <@Caelin> ::frowns himself as he sees the Isaac moving towards two of the talons, then gets a feed from sleca, chuckling to himself::
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::points the laser comm at Caelin:: +com+ Very smart, but don't let it do that again. I think we get one for free, but probably not two.
[19:35] <@Mem> ::sets up the tap as quickly as he can::
[19:35] <@Ardelmos> ::mutters:: Just passing through a bunch of rocks. You're fine. Everything's copasetic.
[19:35] <@Detro> ::once there, he stays still... and hopes maybe whatever happened to the GREL is bad enough it goes inside::
[19:36] <@Mem> ::when that's done, he glances over at the Isaac, then crawls back up to his hiding place::
01[19:36] <@Savant> 6Isaac> ::He grumbles and begins to pull out the guts of the camera system, and fumbles about with the rest of his equipment for a patch until he can bring a new camera out::
[19:37] <@Dimitri> ::Eyes the rest of the group, his rifle still trained on the Grel from his hiding position. ::
01[19:38] <@Savant> The Talons wait agonizing minutes, until the Issac leaves back the way he came. He hasn't put in a new camera, but has sealed up the port with a temporary patch until he can come back with a replacement.
[19:38] <@Gabriel> ::exhales, then says to himself:: Perfect. Hopefully we can be out of here before the replacement camera is in place.
[19:39] <@Detro> ::waits for the all clear::
[19:39] <@Gabriel> ::waits for a 200 count, then waves Mem forward again toward the now-closed airlock::
[19:39] <@Mem> ::pushes off again and begins to crabwalk towards the hatch again::
[19:39] <@Ardelmos> ::rises slowly, and begins moving towards the patched camera mount::
[19:40] <@Melissa> ::just remains still, waiting for a signal to move::
[19:40] <@Mem> ::arrives at the airlock and then looks back towards the captain::
02[19:40] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[19:40] <@Savant> It's quiet outside again. The Hammer drone is gone from view, as is the Issac.
[19:40] <@Gabriel> ::makes a "get on with it" gesture::
[19:40] <@Detro> ::spots one of the other Talons moving just out of his field of view, and drops out from where he'd crawled under an engine cowling::
[19:40] <@Ardelmos> ::crouches down next to he camera mount and checks to see if there's any way to access the connections in order to tap into the camera system::
[19:41] <@Detro> ::looks carefully around and seeing no GREL, regroups with the others::
[19:41] <@Mem> ::reaches for the panel and tells it to cycle the airlock and open the outer hatch::
[19:42] <@Ardelmos> ::activates his laser comm and bursts a message to Tynes:: +com+ Camera mount is a no go for security patch.
[19:42] <@Detro> ::clumps up next to Roland, who looks like he's inspecting what's left of where the camera was mounted. He frowns. If they tamper with anything out here, the GREL will realize it when he returns::
[19:42] <@Melissa> ::moves slightly to get into a position to move::
01[19:43] <@Savant> The airlock slides open silently after a few moments. It's a small portal, with another identical door barely two meters in.
[19:43] <@Dimitri> ::Follows behind the Sociopath and Detro carefully. ::
[19:43] <@Gabriel> ::waves an acknowledgement with one hand, then waves the team toward the airlock::
[19:43] <@Ardelmos> ::gets on the move towards the airlock::
[19:43] <@Mem> ::examines the airlock again briefly, then heads inside it::
[19:44] <@Karas> ::Follows beside Gabriel as per his orders...::
[19:44] <@Birkin> ::stays out until he is the last man and then moves in behind with the second group::
[19:44] <@Gabriel> ::checks out the size of the airlock, then points to himself, Delgado, Caelin, and Mem::
[19:44] <@Detro> ::waits for the second group::
[19:44] <@Mem> ::waves in the others and then turns to examine the inner controls::
01[19:45] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::As the Talons filter in, Scildfreja appears form the inky black of space and takes cover near the lock::
[19:45] <@Detro> ::Takes place at the control that Mem has hacked, so he'll be able to open the door for the second group::
[19:45] <@Gabriel> ::spots Scil, then gives the hand gesture he knows for "hold/defend this position" to her, wondering if the commands on Utopia are the same::
[19:45] <@Melissa> ::moves closer to the airlock, a pensive look on her face::
[19:46] <@Caelin> ::nods to gabriel and puffs the jet a bit to move in::
01[19:46] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She stares at Gabrile for a few seconds - he assumes, since he can't see her face - and then makes a few hand signs back to him, unintelligible.::
[19:46] <@Mem> ::after the first few come in, he cycles the airlock::
[19:46] <@Gabriel> ::once they're all in, closes and cycles the airlock::
[19:46] <@Gabriel> ::waits for the inner door to open::
[19:47] <@Ardelmos> ::points one way to Detro, then backs up against him and covers the horizon of the opposite direction of the hull::
01[19:47] <@Savant> The inner door opens into what looks like a cramped flight bay - slash - pilot ready room. There is a trainer simulator against one wall, a set of three lockers, and a mechanic's bay with a shelf of parts and equipment. Above is a hatch, probably leading to the cockpit of the fighter.
[19:48] <@Detro> ::frowns, stays near to use the controls but keeps an eye out on the other horizon::
[19:48] <@Gabriel> ::nods, deciding this is ideal, and immediately looks for either the camera or the nearest terminal::
[19:49] <@Caelin> ::sees the hand gestures between gabriel and scildfreya, realizing the talon leader probably doesn't know utopian sign, caelin signs back an affirmative to freja though::
[19:49] <@Mem> ::follows Caelin into the room and yawns a bit, latching onto a bulkhead to steady himself::
01[19:49] <@Savant> The airlock cycles once more, ready to admit more of the Talons.
[19:50] <@Melissa> ::waits by the airlock, waiting for the go signal::
[19:50] <@Karas> ::Karas makes his way over to Dimitri...giving him a bit of a nudge, he points at the empty holster at his hip...::
[19:50] <@Ardelmos> ::points at the remainder of the team outside, save Detro, and gives them the go-ahead::
[19:51] <@Dimitri> ::Glances down at Karas then the empty holster, his eyebrow perking up, not visible through the visor of his suit. Unsure of why Karas isn't armed properly for someone who's proven he can shoot. He unholsters his own Gyroic pistol handing it to Karas before stepping into the airlock. ::
[19:51] <@Gabriel> ::indicates Mem should continue hiding behind Caelin, and waves Caelin to follow him toward a data port::
[19:51] <@Detro> ::seeing the control work won't be needed, watches the second team's eight as they enter::
[19:51] <@Melissa> ::steps into the airlock::
[19:51] <@Gabriel> ::points Delgado at the camera above the door and makes a hand gesture for "cover that for a second"::
[19:52] <@Mem> ::signals his acknowledgement with a free hand and rolls his eyes, waiting for Caelin to proceed::
[19:52] <@Karas> ::once he recieves the weapon Karas quickly holsters it and pats Dimitri on the shoulder as he follows him to the airlock...feeling much less 'naked'...::
[19:52] <@Gabriel> ::waits for Delgado to follow instructions before moving::
[19:52] <@Caelin> ::nods to gabriel::
[19:52] <@Dimitri> ::Mutters something under his breath. Wondering why you'd send someone on a mission unarmed, stealth or not. Such nonsense. ::
03[19:52] * dakabn is now known as Jina_Mimeran
[19:53] <@Mem> ::beeps Tynes with his laser, then signals above the door::
[19:53] <@Melissa> ::swears in French and points to above the door::
[19:53] <@Mem> <<lasercomm, if that wasn't clear.>>
[19:54] <@Mem> <<nevermind.>>
[19:54] <@Gabriel> ::waves those preparing to enter BACK into the airlock::
[19:54] <@Birkin> ::Steps back out::
[19:54] <@Caelin> ::spots the camera above the door and frowns::
[19:54] <@Melissa> ::steps back out into the airlock::
[19:55] <@Gabriel> ::waits patiently for Delgado to do as asked, then waves Caelin and Mem toward the data port::
[19:55] <@Detro> ::frowns, as the airlock seems to be taking longer to cycle than the first time::
01[19:56] <@Savant> Delgado> ::covers the camera as ordered::
[19:57] <@Mem> ::floats behind Caelin over to the dataport, where he examines it quickly::
[19:57] <@Caelin> ::stands between mem and the door, waiting for him to do his thing::
[19:58] <@Mem> ::carefully pulls a cord from his pack and plugs in::
[19:58] <@Gabriel> ::counts the seconds, willing Mem to hurry::
01[20:00] <@Savant> Gabriel can swear he sees that camera's aperture tighten, like a focusing eye.
[20:03] <@Mem> ::runs his program, and starts by spoofing the security camera in the airlock::
01[20:03] <@Savant> Mem plugs in and quickly disables the local terminal at least - enough to fool the local camera into seeing something else for a minute or two.
[20:03] <@Gabriel> ::waves to Delgado to uncover the camera, then waves the other Talons in::
[20:04] <@Gabriel> ::unseals his helmet and indicates that the others should do the same::
[20:04] <@Mem> ::glances over at the captain, then turns his attention to the security systems::
[20:04] <@Melissa> ::moves back into the room::
[20:04] <@Dimitri> ::Unseals his own space man helmet after he enters into the room with the rest of the group. Attaching it to the back part of his belt, still holding his rifle at the ready.::
01[20:05] <@Savant> The air in the station is stale and tastes a little metallic, but it's breathable. The room begins to fill up as the other Talons enter.
[20:05] <@Gabriel> ::hangs the helmet from his belt for the time being, making sure the CID ID is close by, then heads over to Mem:: See if you can get us a map.
[20:05] <@Ardelmos> ::remains covering the airlock, glancing to see if it's cycled the second time yet::
[20:05] <@Karas> ::moves into the room himself...Karas keeps his helmet on, he knows that if this mission goes wrong, his identity could be tagged.
[20:05] <@Detro> ::moves up next to Mem so he can plug in::
[20:05] <@Gabriel> This might be a good place to work, if there's a nearby location for Delgado and I to be.
[20:05] <@Mem> ::pops off his helmet and chains it to his belt , then sits down to get comfortable, sitting on the "wall" of the room::
[20:06] <@Caelin> ::unseals his helmet as well and takes a breath of station air::
01[20:07] <@Savant> Detro settles in with Mem beside him. His computer's already recieving a ping from the local network as it tries to deal with the drop in voltage in its network.
[20:07] <@Ardelmos> ::swings into the airlock and begins to cycle::
[20:07] <@Detro> ::pops his helmet off, then plugs both his cables into the hard wired network on Mem's computer::
01[20:08] <@Savant> There's one door out of this room - it's not an airlock but is clearly air tight, and capable of being sealed and barred up tightly as well.
[20:09] <@Gabriel> ::while Mem works:: Birkin, check the lockers. Dimitri, see if you can seal this room shut if we need to. Anyone who knows anything about fighters besides me, check the simulator or the hatch. See what you can learn.
[20:10] <@Ardelmos> ::steps out of the airlock and pops open his face shield, glancing around::
[20:10] <@Melissa> ::after taking off her helmet, begins to look at the simulator to see what it's about::
[20:10] <@Birkin> ::nods at the captain and begins to look into the lockers, checking the unlocked ones for anything of interest::
[20:10] <@Dimitri> ::Feels a lurch in his stomach once again, giving Gabriel a stiff nod before putting the helmet back on, not willing to share the discomfort with the rest of the team. Prefering to keep himself covered up. His HUI attached to his head anyway, as he begins to connect his datapad to the terminal, begining to examine the possibility of sealing the room shut::
[20:11] <@Gabriel> ::to Delgado:: Ready for this, doctor? You'll want to let me do most of the talking, but your knowledge of Siberian might be valuable. Mine's a little rusty.
[20:11] <@Detro> Got a tracer here Mem... ::almost batters it aside, then thinks better:: I'm gonna try to stall it.
[20:11] <@Mem> Yeah. I'm diving in.
[20:12] <@Birkin> ::takes a look at a few PDA's, remembering where they were stopped at and puts them back to their last word when done::
[20:12] <@Mem> ::glances at Tynes:: It's a little slow. One more second.
[20:12] <@Birkin> Nothing really in here captain. Flight suit, some training videos, and some vids it seems::
[20:13] <@Birkin> <<-::>>
[20:13] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts:: Don't run the simulator; it might log the activations.
[20:13] <@Detro> ::watches the defensive module lead the trace on a wild goose chase::
[20:13] <@Melissa> I'm not going to turn it on, just looking at the layout
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Birkin:: Anything we can copy on the vids? ::offers Birkin his PDA::
[20:15] <@Dimitri> ::Glances over at Gabriel:: The door is sealable.
[20:15] <@Birkin> Flight suit... Hm might fit me, or Roland I suppose. ::takes the PDA:: Its mostly entertainment sir, but I can get them for you. Unless you want the letters to home.
[20:15] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Dimitri, then indicates the nearby tools:: And there's tools if you need them. Be ready, just in case.
[20:16] <@Gabriel> ::to Birkin:: I'm boning up on my Earther psychology. ::gives him a crooked smile:: So yeah, anything that's there will be fine.
[20:16] <@Ardelmos> ::indicates Birkin to toss him the PDA -- the letters they might not be censored yet by the military comm nazis::
01[20:16] <@Savant> It takes Mem a little work, but he manages to worm his way into the public access server. It only takes a second to pull up an internal map.
[20:16] <@Dimitri> ::Glances at the tools, grabbing them and storing them in the various pouches in his suit. Never could have too many tools, and then stands at the ready, setting to seal the door on a moments notice::
[20:17] <@Mem> ::calls out suddenly:: Maps.
[20:17] <@Birkin> ::goes about copying the materials to the PDA the Captain had, tossing a used one to Roland, telling him where he got it from and to put it back when he was done::
[20:18] <@Gabriel> ::glances over at the screen, not particularly encouraged:: What are the two rooms across from us? The purple and the green?
[20:18] <@Ardelmos> ::nods and brings up the personal letters Birkin mentioned, and beginning to flip through the ones that have already been sent, and any that might be in the process of being drafted::
[20:19] <@Mem> The shitter, and ... just a room. Maybe a workroom
[20:19] <@Mem> Anything else? I'm going to look for drone control now.
[20:20] <@Gabriel> There a terminal access in there?
[20:20] <@Gabriel> I don't want the keffs walking in on all of us in one group. That would be rather hard to explain. But I don't want to stand in the hallway, either.
[20:21] <@Mem> ::checks for terminal locations::
[20:21] <@Birkin> ::finishes up the copying, putting them back where he found them, holding onto the captains PDA::
[20:22] <@Mem> Uhh. Well, there may be a terminal in there, but maybe a GREL, too. The central rooms here in blue are the places to be.
[20:22] <@Mem> Yeah, there. A computer in that workroom.
[20:23] <@Gabriel> ::nods, frowning:: Go back to work.
[20:23] <@Mem> We staying here?
[20:23] <@Detro> ::continues to monitor this labyrinth module -- called "chatterbox" by its creator, for its long series of data conversations::
[20:23] <@Mem> There's a drone control room over here. ::points at the map::
[20:23] <@Gabriel> Yes. You know what you need to do: get Melissa access to drone programming. Detro, get me camera locations and a view of the hallway.
[20:24] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Mem:: But I'm not real excited about the prospect of just walking into command and control.
[20:25] <@Dimitri> Could create a diversion.
[20:25] <@Mem> ::smirks:: Aw, come on. We're a commando unit, let's bust some heads and get what we want.
[20:25] <@Detro> ::lets the chatterbox work away and heads out for the security server:: Hmm. That's one nasty beast.
[20:25] <@Gabriel> Roland, Birkin, watch the door. Dimitri, do everything you can to start sealing the door without leaving a trace. Delgado, Caelin, you're with me. Melissa, anything you can learn about TAAFs would be valuable to Novan intelligence.
[20:25] <@Caelin> ::nods and moves for the door::
[20:25] <@Melissa> ::nods:: I'll see if I can pull anything from the simulator, without activating it
[20:25] <@Dimitri> ::Tilts his head. :: Confirmation. You want me to seal the door when we leave correct?
[20:26] <@Ardelmos> ::looks up from the PDA and closes the windows, resetting the PDA to its original configuration before they picked it up, and replaces it where Birkin got it::
[20:26] <@Gabriel> ::shakes his head at Dimitri:: You're our fallback. If the mission is a failure, you give us the few seconds we may need to survive. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
[20:26] <@Gabriel> ::to Roland and Birkin:: Stay out of sight until I give you the signal. The Isaac is going to be coming back in here at some point. I'll handle him.
[20:26] <@Dimitri> ::Nods at Gabriel, and eyes the datapad, begining to make sure he's secure enough to be able to wire that door shut in such an event. ::
[20:27] <@Mem> ::looks at Tynes:: I'm going for the drone controls from here, then. Yes?
[20:27] <@Gabriel> It would be helpful that when I signal, you both come out of cover with BILs pointed at him.
[20:27] <@Detro> Okay, forget what I said earlier Mem. We're going to need to take down some defenses to get anywhere, or our processing power's just gonna get eaten up holding doors.
[20:27] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Mem:: Yes.
[20:27] <@Mem> All right. Everyone try not to be annoying.
[20:27] <@Ardelmos> ::glances around, then moves up and sidles up beside the door, checking the BIL to make sure it's ready::
[20:27] <@Mem> ::focuses on his monitor:: Yeah, let's take care of that.
[20:27] <@Birkin> ::nods at the captain, stashing the PDA he had and slinging his BIL up:: Whats the signal sir.
[20:27] <@Gabriel> ::stands near the door in such a way as he'll clearly be the first thing anyone entering sees::
[20:28] <@Dimitri> ::Moves to beside the door, and begins the various connections and such to make that door wired. ::
[20:29] <@Gabriel> ::offers Caelin a small smile:: You're my insurance policy, Caelin. You're going to make 20 times the impression I will. I'm sort of counting on that. So stay close.
[20:29] <@Melissa> ::plugs her datapad to the simulator and begins to access the files::
[20:29] <@Gabriel> And you'll know, Birkin, you'll know. Just no shooting. It shouldn't be even close to necessary.
[20:30] <@Birkin> ::nods:: Aye sir ::staying out of sight of the door::
[20:30] <@Melissa> ::whistles softly as she begins to download the information:: We got more than just TAAFs here...specs on a whole host of CEF vehicles
[20:30] <@Caelin> ::raises an eyebrow at gabriel but nods anyway::
[20:31] <@Gabriel> ::explains:: That Utopian Armiger you're wearing will reinforce that I truly am who I say I am. After all, every Utopian in this system is an ally of the CEF.
[20:31] <@Gabriel> That's how we've been fighting the keffs most days: bluffs, intimidation, and laser-precise targeting at the single thing we want to do.
[20:31] <@Mem> ::moves first to take down the barrier on the core server, to free up his doppelganger for more difficult tasks::
[20:32] <@Caelin> I see
01[20:32] <@Savant> Mem drops the public server's defenses with barely a thought.
[20:33] <@Melissa> ::to Captain:: Sir, we've got fighter specs and new ones too...also capital ships
03[20:33] * Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[20:33] * Savant sets mode: +o Delgado
[20:33] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Melissa:: Whatever you can download, Dekarch. As I said, anything you can learn will be quite valuable.
[20:34] <@Gabriel> Dimitri, be ready to close the door immediately if something comes into this room. Not seal. Just close.
[20:35] <@Dimitri> ::Gives a confirmation handsignal, waiting at the ready. ::
[20:35] <@Mem> Let's take over the security server.
[20:36] <@Detro> Double team it? :Very Happy:
[20:36] <@Gabriel> ::to Caelin:: Have you begun fighting the CEF on your world?
[20:36] <@Melissa> ::continues with the download, briefly scanning over the information as it comes in::
[20:36] <@Mem> I'll start the mimicking program first. Best not to tip them off yet.
[20:37] <@Gabriel> ::looks over his shoulder:: Karas, help Melissa, please.
[20:37] <@Delgado> ::rolls her shoulders, relaxing before acting like she had a stick up her ass. Isn't that how CEF's acted?::
[20:37] <@Detro> ::nods:: Agreed.
[20:37] <@Caelin> ::nods:: a while, yes
[20:37] <@Karas> ::goes over to Melissa and begins looking through the feed with her::
[20:38] <@Ardelmos> ::as he stands along the wall, he eyes the door to gauge the swing radius, and how close he can stand next to it withou impeding its movement::
[20:39] <@Gabriel> ::conversationally:: And what tactics have you found useful?
01[20:39] <@Savant> Detro's computer starts to go ping-ping-ping. Not so much that his Labrynth has gone down, but that it's acting... oddly.
[20:40] <@Detro> Hang on a bit... ::attends to the Labyrinth::
[20:40] <@Ardelmos> ::looks over as something starts making noise, his arms briefly moving to bring up the rifle before he settles it down::
[20:40] <@Melissa> ::glances up at the noise before looking back at her PDA:: Come on...grab that data
[20:42] <@Melissa> Someone got another PDA to spare, mine's now full and there's still a ton of data here to grab
[20:42] <@Caelin> ::thinks a moment, trying to chose his answers:: hiding, ambush, not quite the way your people work, but some similarities
[20:42] <@Gabriel> ::to Delgado:: Bring a PDA with you?
[20:42] <@Detro> ::to Mem:: Looks like we got a sysop online. Do you want to shut down the trace now?
[20:42] <@Mem> Can you spoof it?
[20:43] <@Detro> ::frown:: The maze module should be doing fine...
[20:43] <@Delgado> ::nods:: I did.
[20:44] <@Gabriel> ::hooks a thumb toward Melissa and the simulator::
[20:44] <@Melissa> ::smiles at Delgado:: May I fill it with lovely technical data?
[20:45] <@Delgado> ::fishes it out and hands it to Melissa:: Go ahead. It'd be more interesting than the crap I have on it now.
[20:45] <@Mem> If you can make it think the trace was routine and send it back, do it.
[20:45] <@Melissa> Thanks ::switches out her PDA with Delgado's and continues to download::
01[20:45] <@Savant> Delgado's PDA floats weightless throught he air over to Melissa. To the corner of the view's pan, camera images come onto Mem's screen - he's got a view of the hallways at least.
01[20:48] <@Savant> The only living things visible in the cyllindrical corridor-tubes are a pair of Modred flanking a hallway, in armoured spacesuits - though they are helmetless, with their headcans buckled to their belts. They have BILs and their feet are adhered to the wall with eletrokinetic boots.
[20:48] <@Mem> Got cameras up. Mordreds.
[20:49] <@Gabriel> ::frowns, trying to decide how ballsy he's feeling today:: I need to know how many people are in this part of the station. We might be able to bypass hacking the drone controls if I can bluff our way in.
[20:49] <@Gabriel> Get me more cameras, particularly in C&C.
[20:49] <@Detro> ::quickly contructs a fake system at the end of the maze to use::
[20:50] <@Detro> ::mimicing the security systems its seen so far::
[20:50] <@Mem> Right. ::does as Tynes says and looks at the available cameras::
[20:50] <@Gabriel> ::looks at Roland and Birkin:: How intimidating are you gentlemen feeling today?
[20:50] <@Mem> These are public cameras. Just hallways, general security areas. Nothing high security.
01[20:51] <@Savant> The Trace sfotware that the local computer is using flushes out the maze which the Talons have set up for it, and then starts to search Detro's mock-system for a proper address. It shows no sign of letting up.
[20:51] <@Gabriel> ::to Mem:: Then find the secure cameras.
[20:51] <@Ardelmos> ::cranes his neck and glances over Mem's shoulder, glancing at the camera, then just looks blankly at Tynes:: Intimidating enough ::a pause:: ...but...where exactly are you going to say you came from, Captain?
[20:51] <@Birkin> ::smirks puffing his chest out a bit::
[20:51] <@Gabriel> Leave that part to me, but it will rely on access to their security systems.
[20:52] <@Ardelmos> ::glances back at the airlock, then shrugs:: Arright then. ::flips down his faceshield again and activates the polarization the faceplate::
[20:52] <@Detro> ::grunts... this sysop's just rolling over what he's putting in its path::
[20:53] <@Gabriel> ::to Melissa, Delgado, and Karas:: If the four of us leave, the three of you will be holding this airlock, and watching Detro and Mem's backs. The Isaac will still be coming.
[20:53] <@Gabriel> ::to Dimitri:: If we leave, I'll want you to temporarily seal off this room, then unseal it when we're ready to leave. Can you do that?
[20:53] <@Birkin> ::puts his helmet on::
[20:54] <@Melissa> ::nods to Gabriel::
[20:54] <@Caelin> ::replaces his helmet as well::
[20:54] <@Dimitri> Consider it done. I'll monitor the comm channel to keep aware of your status.
[20:55] <@Delgado> ::nods once::
[20:55] <@Detro> Get that server Mem. It's like fighting TAAFs over here.
[20:56] <@Mem> Yeah. Just a little longer.
01[20:56] <@Savant> As Detro works, he sees the Trace software suddenly get a whole lot more aggressive
[20:56] <@Mem> ::watches the server behavior a little longer, knowing there wasn't much time, but so far not taking his chances with a direct assault until he saw the perfect opportunity::
[20:57] <@Detro> ::frowns, and switches to his subvoc:: Anyone sweep this place for AUDIO bugs?
[20:58] <@Detro> +subvoc+ 'cause I swear when I said that, it got WORSE... ::tapping away::
[20:59] <@Mem> ::goes now for the direct assault on the security server::
[20:59] <@Mem> C'mon, bitch.
[20:59] <@Delgado> ::blinks then glances at Tynes for a reaction::
02[20:59] * @Karas (~Me@S01060018f8d6d6b2.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (Quit: <Berawler> Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world? <SingingDancingMoose> There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet. <Berawler> That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.)
[21:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ ::to Detro:: Roland dropped a scrambler. Any audio in here should be blanked. ::activates one of his own, just in case::
01[21:00] <@Savant> Mem suddenly realizes that he isn't in the Security Server at all, he's in some sort of side-server.
[21:01] <@Mem> Clever girl.
[21:02] <@Gabriel> ::watches the camera feed on his dataglove, to see if Detro's guess is correct::
[21:02] <@Mem> ::without looking at Detro:: Just a little longer. I'm almost in.
[21:02] <@Detro> ::winces:: Running out of time...
03[21:03] * Delgado is now known as Itz|Away
[21:03] <@Gabriel> ::to Mem:: When you get in, I need the cameras, then you need to program the system to register this ID as valid. ::indicates his CID ID::
[21:04] <@Mem> ::types furiously, loading programs and typing in targets::
[21:04] <@Gabriel> Then you can drop off the system, both of you, if you need to.
[21:04] <@Gabriel> ::puts on his game face::
01[21:05] <@Savant> Mem begins to batter down the gates of the security server, making it look as if there was some sort of software malfunction going on.
[21:05] <@Gabriel> ::to Roland and Birkin:: If we die in the next ten minutes, gentlemen, it's been a pleasure serving with you. ::to Caelin:: Let's hope we make it past the next ten minutes and to your planet.
[21:06] <@Gabriel> ::to Mem:: Lieutenant, anything happens to us, you're in command. Get the remainder of the team out, destroy this module from the Whipsnake, and report to Commandant Gotah.
[21:06] <@Mem> Copy. Cameras coming up.
[21:07] <@Mem> ::swivels his monitor slightly as he begins to gain access to the security system::
03[21:07] * Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[21:07] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Delgado
01[21:07] <@Savant> The cameras do indeed all come up on his screen, one by one. The map populates with little icons for all of the peoploe on the station.
[21:07] <@Detro> ::shudder... that sounded a little too morbid and final. And yeah, this was tough fighting a sysop, but so far, he was still holding his ground. At least not getting backed INTO his ground yet.
[21:07] <@Ardelmos> Uh....right back at you, Captain.
[21:08] <@Ardelmos> ::looks at Birkin with a 'what was that?' look on his face::
[21:08] <@Birkin> ::shrugs his shoulders::
[21:08] <@Caelin> ::looks to gabriel, he uses the word "hope" like a utopian::
[21:08] <@Gabriel> Mem, get this ID working.
[21:09] <@Mem> On it.
[21:09] <@Gabriel> I figure you have about five minutes, then I'm dead.
[21:09] <@Mem> ::pulls up security databases::
[21:09] <@Gabriel> Dimitri, open the door, let us out, then seal it.
[21:09] <@Gabriel> Melissa, Delgado, you're with me, but take no action until I say.
[21:09] <@Delgado> ::feels so much better about their mission. Tynes is the real pep-talker::
[21:09] <@Dimitri> ::Gives a nod, hitting a few buttons on his keypad, opening the airlock. Waiting briefly for the ray of sunshine commander to step out.::
[21:09] <@Ardelmos> ::checks the powerpack on the BIL, tap his helmet twice with his other gauntlet, then assumes a 'guard posture'::
[21:10] <@Mem> You're doing fine. I'll free you up in just a second.
[21:10] <@Mem> Passcode valid, captain.
[21:10] <@Gabriel> ::steps out into the hallway as if he owns the place, waving his team to follow::
[21:10] <@Mem> ::glances over at him as he leaves, then returns his attention to the computer::
[21:10] <@Melissa> ::stands up and follows Gabriel::
[21:11] <@Ardelmos> ::lets Tynes, Delgado, and Caelin exit first, before following out into the hall::
[21:11] <@Gabriel> ::hopes the massive Arminger is at least a quarter as intimidating to GREL as it was to him, the first time he saw one::
[21:11] <@Birkin> ::stands guard at the door, moving out with Roland::
[21:12] <@Caelin> ::follows gabriel out into the hall, it's just big enough for his armiger::
01[21:12] <@Savant> Tynes enters the hallway - it's fairly broad, and lined with rails and eyehooks for attaching tether points. The T-junction ahead preceeds that pair of GREL, one of which turns his head sharply to look at the stranger.
[21:12] <@Delgado> ::follows the crowd::
[21:13] <@Gabriel> Good morning, gentlemen. This is unscheduled security inspection three-seven, a simulated attack by Terra Novan forces. ::holds up his badge and approaches the Mordred without hesitating::
01[21:13] <@Savant> As more of the Talons filter out, they both level their BILs at the group. The closer shouts "Freeze!"
[21:13] <@Gabriel> ::points to the one that shouted "freeze":: Excellent response time! ::points at Birkin:: You are a casualty. ::turns to the Mordred:: Unfortunately, the Terranovan vehicles, simulated by our Utopian ally here ::indicates the Armiger:: have killed both of you in return.
[21:14] <@Gabriel> You will set down your weapons and be seated. ::points at Birkin:: You will set your weapon down and be seated as well.
[21:14] <@Detro> ::adjusts his tactics. Killing the dead maze module, he loads up a battering ram and thrusts out from the doppleganger, bashing at the sysop::
[21:14] <@Gabriel> ::continues approaching the Mordreds::
[21:15] <@Delgado> ::moves with Tynes, just a tad behind, looking like a very stuffy assistant::
[21:15] <@Gabriel> ::looks at the one that shouted "freeze" in particular:: Name and operating number.
[21:15] <@Birkin> ::grunts slightly, sitting down, placing his weapon over his lap, and trying to relax a bit::
[21:15] <@Detro> ::watches the tracer disappear in a virtual collapse of delayed packets::
[21:16] <@Ardelmos> ::settles slightly and keeps his BIL up and across his chest, pointing towards the ceiling as he moves with the group::
[21:16] <@Caelin> ::continues down the hall with gabriel, not saying anything, just nodding::
[21:16] <@Mem> ::runs his virtual server and attempts to trap the Kassandra inside it by intercepting the signal:
[21:16] <@Mem> <<or sysop>>
01[21:16] <@Savant> 6Mordred> :::Narrow their eyes at the oncoming group::
[21:17] <@Detro> I just hope they think that this is just a major cascading software failure.
[21:17] <@Detro> Clear on this end now Mem.
[21:17] <@Mem> Yeah. So let's do whatever the fuck we came here to do. Fast.
[21:18] <@Dimitri> ::Seals the door behind the two brave souls :: <<Little late, but I was distracted>>
[21:20] <@Detro> ::with the opposition gone, Detro pulls down his active modules and moves up to support Mem's location on the network::
01[21:20] <@Savant> 6Mordred> ::After a brief pause, they settle sullenly against the wall. He turns to his companion and mourns:: We died.
[21:20] <@Gabriel> ::brandishes his CID ID like a weapon, obviously fully expecting instant compliance, and starts to grow visibly annoyed when it isn't done:: Is there a problem, soldier?
[21:20] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: You did, but you ::points to the one who shouted "freeze":: killed a Terra Novan. Well done. Name and operating number.
[21:20] <@Mem> Hey, throw up a barrier on that public server.
01[21:21] <@Savant> 6Mordred> ::Firmly, just like a soldier ought:: Mordred Mercurio 2997, Sir!
[21:21] <@Mem> See if we can leech a bit. Security server is too risky right now.
[21:21] <@Gabriel> Your excellent response time will be noted in my report, Murcurio 2997. Well done.
[21:21] <@Ardelmos> ::as he stands there as the Captain speaks so non-chalantly to the GREL, he wishes he had a piece of gum to avoid the grinding his teeth were now doing::
01[21:22] <@Savant> 6Mordred> ::Proudly:: Thank you sir!
[21:22] <@Delgado> ::nods idly behind Gabriel as she cooly slides her gaze from one Mordred to the other::
[21:22] <@Gabriel> ::opens the door to the control room::
05[21:23] <@Detro> T2> T2> Barrier's down. ::glances at the network:: Bingo, there's our target.
02[21:24] <@Caelin> T1>::smiles a bit behind his helmet, actually suprised the rouse worked against these grel::
01[21:25] <@Savant> The intercom activates across the station, and a man's cool voice speaks in Siberian. "Attention all staff. We are experiencing a problem with the servers. Please log off for a reboot. You have thrity seconds."
[21:25] <@Melissa> ::foolows as quietly and small as possible::
05[21:26] <@Detro> T2> Hmm, now that could be a problem...
[21:26] <@Gabriel> ::to Mercurio 2997:: You will receive a second notation, Murcurio 2997. You are following ordered security policies, and not falling to lax behavior with unlocked doors.
[21:26] <@Gabriel> I am simulating blasting this door open with Terra Novan weapons. What is the procedure for opening this door?
[21:27] <@Ardelmos> ::follows behind the group, somewhat incredulous that they hadn't been shot at yet::
01[21:27] <@Savant> 6Mordred> ::In a clipped tone:: This door is opened from inside, Captain. There is a password.
[21:27] <@Delgado> ::starts to ever-so slowly rotate to the right and just continues to stand still, not wanting to flail::
05[21:28] <@Detro> T2> Mem, can you block them from resetting the servers somehow?
05[21:28] <@Mem> T2> ::doesn't say anything trying to figure out how to prevent them from remotely rebooting the network::
[21:29] <@Gabriel> Excellent. I am Captain Alexi Vilanya. This is my interrogator, Lieutenant Milya Parash. Do you believe you could withstand the mercies of a Terra Novan interrogator with advanced drugs? Answer honestly!
[21:29] <@Gabriel> ::turns on subvoc:: Would you, under torture, release the password to this door?
01[21:29] <@Savant> 6Mordred> ::he answers proudly again:: Never, sir! Glory to the Commonwealth!
[21:30] <@Mem> ::checks the server for the password::
[21:30] <@Delgado> ::takes out her mediglove and pulls it on with emphasis, using the movement to stop her rotating as well::
[21:30] <@Gabriel> Excellent. I believe you. ::turns to the other Mordred:: What about you?
01[21:31] <
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:30] <@Gabriel> Excellent. I believe you. ::turns to the other Mordred:: What about you?
01[21:31] <@Savant> 6Mordred> ::Stiffens - he's clearly irritable from being "killed":: Never, sir! Glory to the Commonwealth!
[21:32] <@Mem> ::in a hushed, smooth voice, he says:: The password is... ... 29-Irukut-Bravo.
[21:32] <@Mem> ::hits the comm while he says it::
[21:32] <@Gabriel> Excellent. I believe you, as well. No doubt in a real engagement, your reaction time will improve. The password is 29-Irukut-Bravo. As I said, I am simulating the blasting of this door with advanced Terra Novan weapons. Open the door.
01[21:33] <@Savant> 6Mordred> ::they glance at one aother, nod, and then the closest - the one that lived - opens the hatch with a tabbed-in keycode. He salutes stiffly::
[21:33] <@Gabriel> ::returns the salute and steps through into the room, making room for Caelin::
[21:34] <@Delgado> ::slowly moves into the room, making each movement controlled::
[21:34] <@Gabriel> ::as he floats into the room, rather:: Good morning, gentlemen. This is unscheduled security inspection three-seven, a simulated attack by Terra Novan forces.
[21:35] <@Birkin> ::relaxes in the zero G, floating near the floor as he relaxes a bit::
01[21:35] <@Savant> The Infiltration Team filters into the command room - it's a long room tapering to one end. The ceiling and floors, if such a thing exists in such an enviuronment, are mostly made up of screens and several terminals. Held int he centre of the room by thin spars and lit by blue lights are a pair of chairs, surrounded by holograms of local space and the dusky ball of Caprice.
[21:35] <@Gabriel> ::checks both men inside for weapons::
[21:35] <@Caelin> ::follows the captain through, barely giving the mordreds a glance::
01[21:35] <@Savant> Two CEF officers are inside. One is a tall, slim man, the other far more rotund. Both seem young, and both react fairly quickly.
05[21:35] <@Detro> T2> Mem, can you seal off the computer room doors? Keep them from physically resetting the machines?
[21:36] <@Ardelmos> ::files into the room with military precision behind the others, his eyes immediately scanning sightlines of the command room::
01[21:36] <@Savant> The slim one draws his pistol, especially on seeing Caelin's dark from. The bigger fellow just raises an eyebrow.
[21:36] <@Mem> Yeah. I'm trying to cause some door malfunctions.
[21:36] <@Gabriel> Too late! Your response time is abysmal! The Terranovan vehicles, simulated by our Utopian ally here ::indicates the Armiger:: have killed both of you with no Terra Novan losses.
[21:36] <@Mem> Hopefully they'll try to reboot my fake server.
[21:36] <@Gabriel> Who is in charge here?
03[21:36] * Jina_Mimeran is now known as dak
01[21:37] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::The slim, tall man raises his chin:: Who are you, and why are you on my station?
05[21:39] <@Detro> T2> ::watches the activity:: Heads up, new processes starting up...
[21:39] <@Gabriel> ::backhands the impudent cur:: You are a corpse, dead at your post, an inglorious death at Terra Novan hands!
[21:40] <@Ardelmos> ::intuitively recognizes what Tynes is doing as he sees his initial shift of 'weight' and his movements, extending one arm out to give the Captain something to grab and settle himself on as he completes his swing::
[21:40] <@Gabriel> ::starts to spin, then corrects himself against Roland's braced position::
[21:40] <@Gabriel> ::icily:: I ask the questions here. Are you in charge here?!
[21:41] <@Mem> I won't be able to get the server back up in time.
01[21:41] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::The officer flinches - he pulls back , his heek red. But he doesn't lose his bearings. Instead he lifts his pistol right up against Gabriel's chest, looking, quite frankly, furious::
[21:41] <@Gabriel> If you wish to die at the hands of my interrogator, by all means shoot. Otherwise, you will answer my question. Now.
[21:41] <@Ardelmos> ::has the barrell of his BIL up against the officer's cheek as soon as his pistol is against Tynes' chest::
[21:43] <@Delgado> ::raises her hand and makes it into a fist, showing off her mediglove::
01[21:43] <@Savant> 5Officer> [S]This is MY Station. YOU will address me as Captain. :: He pulls his gun away, scowling::
[21:44] <@Gabriel> Captain, your understanding of space weaponry is clearly insufficient to YOUR station. At such close range, it is unlikely that the rocket propelled shells of your weapon would have even penetrated my suit.
[21:44] <@Gabriel> ::takes out his CID ID: I am Captain Alexi Vilanya. This is my interrogator, Lieutenant Milya Parash. As I said, this is unscheduled security inspection three-seven, a simulated attack by Terra Novan forces. As I also said, you and your officer are dead.
[21:44] <@Ardelmos> ::relaxes slightly and pulls the BIL back, but keeps the stock up against his shoulder::
[21:45] <@Gabriel> ::hands him the ID:: You will check my credential immediately.
01[21:45] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::looks at the "husky" man in the other chair:: When did we recieve a shuttlecraft? ::He huffs and sits back in his chair, accessing his computer:: The CID has no jurisdiction here. This it an outrage.
[21:46] <@Gabriel> Sergeant, if this man questions my orders one more time, you will kill his Lieutenant.
[21:46] <@Gabriel> The price of leadership, CAPTAIN. Now follow my orders.
[21:46] <@Ardelmos> ::brings the BIL up again and trains it on the shorter, portlier man::
[21:47] <@Mem> ::goes back to work, making room for his virtual server to go back up::
01[21:47] <@Savant> 5Officer> CAptain> I *am* checking your orders, CAPTAIN ::he snarls:: Leave him out of this. Your issue is with me.
01[21:48] <@Savant> 5Officer> Lieutenant> Wah-heh-heh.. heh.. easy now, sir. I'm loyal. ::puts his hands up and grins meekly::
[21:48] <@Delgado> ::watches calmly, like this was a boring, everday occurance::
05[21:49] <@Detro> T2> ::sends out a command to the server that re-routes the trace program to /dev/null
[21:50] <@Gabriel> ::waits impatiently for the Captain to get on with it::
01[21:50] <@Savant> 5Officer> Captain> ::Annoyed:: You clear. Captain. ::hesitantly:: This command centre is at your disposal. Captain.
[21:52] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Very well. ::gives the man a grudging look of some respect:: The news is not all bad, Captain. The response of your pacification forces is excellent, the best of any station I have tested so far. I am also told that your electronic forces are also quite good.
[21:52] <@Ardelmos> ::lowers the barrell of his weapon::
[21:53] <@Gabriel> As you are aware, there was a launch against Terra Novan forces on Caprice recently. I am ordered to examine your drone drop pod controls, specifically the orders regarding the wider disperal pattern of the weapons.
[21:53] <@Gabriel> You will order your drone control forces to stand down while my staff confirms that you have followed those orders, dated ::gives the date of the orders they hacked off the CEF server in PL:: .
[21:54] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Melissa, waving toward the drone control room::
01[21:54] <@Savant> 5Officer> Captain> ::grunts:: Mitya, show our guests to the drone control room. Give them what they need.
05[21:54] <@Detro> T2> ::follows it up by redirecting security barrier's updater to seek in /dev/null for updates, sending the program into a death spiral::
[21:54] <@Melissa> ::steps forward and begins to follow Mitya::
05[21:54] <@Detro> T2> ::grins:: You know, I think I'm starting to enjoy this now.
01[21:54] <@Savant> 5Officer> Lieutenant> ::exhales as Roland lowers his weapon, and flashes the group a charming smile:: Right-o. Let's show you the next. Right through here, sirs.
[21:54] <@Mem> Nice. Fucking A nice.
[21:55] <@Gabriel> Have your drone control forces join us in here, if you please. I have commendations to record for two of them.
[21:55] <@Mem> ::makes sure doors work on the way to drone control::
[21:55] <@Gabriel> ::touches his ear:: +subvoc+ Lieutenant, I need what information you have regarding the superior electronic forces on this station. Login IDs should be sufficient.
[21:56] <@Ardelmos> ::steps forward towards the drone control room, following 'Mitya', but doesn't loosen his grip on the BIL -- he directs a gaze towards the Captain as he passes::
[21:56] <@Delgado> ::follows::
[21:56] <@Birkin> ::begins to look at some of the entertainment vids he hijacked from the flight crew here, trying to pass his time, wondering what kind of vids the CEF have here::
01[21:56] <@Savant> The Drone Control Room is a long, anrrow room - a bank of computers against the wall, with harnesses holding a set of four Kassandras in what look like acceleration couches. A tech sits against the far wall, observing idly. He turns his head to the incoming group and nods
01[21:57] <@Savant> 5Tech> Sirs.
01[21:57] <@Savant> Two Kassandras are working furiously; the other two are monitoring the planet's surface far more casually
[21:57] <@Delgado> ::inclines her head slightly to the tech::
[21:57] <@Caelin> ::continues to look on as any simulation observer would, from behind his helmet he is actually recording this whole scam as the council back home would be interested in seeing it::
[21:57] <@Mem> ::looks up the login IDs::
[21:58] <@Mem> ::rolls his eyes:: They're encoded.
05[21:59] <@Detro> T2> What, the IDs or the station duty roster?
05[21:59] <@Mem> T2> The IDs.
[21:59] <@Melissa> ::looks at the control banks and waits::
01[21:59] <@Savant> 5Officer> Captain> Two of the GREL are dealing with a computer malfunction right now. ::presses a button on his chair:: Kasanndras One and Two. To the Command Centre.
01[22:00] <@Savant> Two Kassandras unharness from their couches and float deftly past Roland, offering him a salute on their way to the Command Centre::
[22:00] <@Gabriel> ::smiles tightly:: Your so-called computer malfunction are my electronics forces, testing your electronic security perimeter. As I said, I am told it is quite good.
05[22:01] <@Mem> T2> +com+ IDs coming up.
01[22:01] <@Savant> 5Officer> Lieutenant> Really? ::laughs:: Oh, good show, sir. Well done, Kass!
[22:01] <@Ardelmos> ::doesn't return the salutes, using his grip on the BIL as an excuse as he glances over his shoulder as they pass::
[22:02] <@Gabriel> The so-called computer malfunction will cease quite soon. Their inspection is nearly complete. No doubt the two that are "busy" are the ones owed commendations. Have them join us.
05[22:02] <@Mem> T2> ::sits back a bit as things sound under control:: Any other operators on the network?
01[22:02] <@Savant> 5Officer> Captain> ::sighs, and hits his chair's console again:: Kasandras Three and four, you too. On the double.
01[22:03] <@Savant> The two Kassandras are soon joined by two more twins. They float together in a gaggle
05[22:03] <@Detro> T2> ::smiles as the attacks lessen to automated responses::
[22:04] <@Gabriel> ::touches his ear again:: +com+ Lieutenant, do you have the login IDs? I require them.
[22:04] <@Gabriel> ::looks at the two new Kassandras:: Names and operating numbers.
[22:04] <@Mem> +com+ Yeah. Here they are: ::reads them off::
[22:04] <@Ardelmos> ::looks at Melissa, then at the terminals vacated by the two Kassandras that left::
05[22:05] <@Mem> T2> Detro, start downloading shit from the other servers.
[22:05] <@Detro> ::nods and heads out to the flight control server::
01[22:05] <@Savant> They read off their names. Kassandras Tisiphone, 2297, 4131, 934 and 4370
[22:05] <@Gabriel> Who are the owners of login IDs ::repeats the ones that Mem gave him:: ?
[22:05] <@Melissa> ::moves to the vacant terminal and begins to get to work::
01[22:06] <@Savant> 6Kassandra> Tisiphone 4370> I am, Sir.
[22:06] <@Gabriel> Tisiphone 4370, you have successfully repelled a simulated electronic attack by Terra Novan forces. Well done. A commendation will be recorded in your record.
01[22:06] <@Savant> 6Kassandra> Tisiphone 2297> I am, Sir
05[22:07] <@Mem> T2> ::listens to Tynes as he begins to get as much data as he can from their servers, though much of it didn't seem new or important::
[22:07] <@Gabriel> Tisiphone 2297, you have done so as well, though I am told your reaction time was somewhat slow. ::turns to the Captain:: The response of your electronic forces, as I said, was quite good. Still, there is always room for improvement. Would you agree, Captain?
01[22:07] <@Savant> 5Officer> Captain> ::Still harshly - he doens't seem a kind man:: Always, Captain. They drill constantly.
05[22:08] <@Mem> T2> +com+ Blow them a kiss for me, captain.
[22:08] <@Gabriel> ::nods and turns back to the Kassies:: Tisiphone 2297, despite your somewhat slow response time, I am told it still would have been sufficient to repel a Terra Novan invader, whose computer skills are not nearly on par with our own. Therefore, a commendation will also be entered into your record.
05[22:08] <@Mem> T2> ::glances as the download proceeds, and begins working up fake commendations::
01[22:08] <@Savant> 6Kassandra> Tisiphone 2297> ::bows her head:: Thank you Sir.
[22:09] <@Gabriel> ::turns back to the Captain:: Captain, you will report log this inspection, but will not release those logs for a period of 24 hours, beginning from 17 minutes ago.
[22:10] <@Gabriel> I have two more inspections to conduct, and I will not have those inspections disrupted by your giving your fellow officers prior warning of my arrival. Is that understood clearly?
03[22:10] * dak is now known as dak-shower
[22:10] <@Melissa> ::begins to dig into the guts of the drone programming to get a feel for stuff::
01[22:10] <@Savant> 5Officer> Captain> ::nods:: Very good, Captain. I would like to see the program outline of this excersize in the interim.
01[22:11] <@Savant> Melissa logs into the drone control system and is immediately surrounded by a cluster of requests - hundreds of drones, asking for orders, asking for targets, for permissions. They're programmed to be aggressive.
[22:12] <@Ardelmos> ::shifts slightly as he stands over Melissa while she works, his eyes tracking back to the two other Kassandras in the room on a regular basis::
[22:13] <@Melissa> ::smirks at the sudden barrage of requests and starts putting in her own mission parameters::
[22:13] <@Gabriel> That will be transmitted to all inspected stations upon completion of the inspections, of course, including full reports on the conduct of all stations inspected. ::gives the Captain a grudging look:: I suspect you will be quite happy with your placement in those reports. Your leadership is harsh, but you have now seen why such harsh leadership is expected of you.
01[22:14] <@Savant> The swarm of digital requets, represented around the view-spanning screens hugged around Melissa, lessen as she feeds them data. Soon, my pretties. Soon. The AI's lodged within the hearts of the beasts begin to churn through tactical plans.
[22:14] <@Gabriel> ::turns to the others in the room:: And the rest of you now know why as well. We face a violent, destructive, aggressive enemy. Only in service to the Commonwealth, absolute loyalty, and absolute devotion can we defeat them!
01[22:15] <@Savant> 5Officer> Captain> ::grunts gain:: *I* have no reason to question doctrine. I *know* what it's for.
[22:15] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Then I will trust you to continue doing your duty, Captain. ::salutes him::
[22:16] <@Birkin> ::Grunts:: Knew I should have picked up something better than this. ::switches to another entertainment vid::
01[22:16] <@Savant> 5Officer> Captain> ::Salutes:: For the concordat, Captain.
[22:16] <@Melissa> ::quickly finishes the programming, though making sure to give specific orders to one self-destruct drone...to find and destroy in a most spectacular fashion the first lavatory it finds after launch::
[22:17] <@Gabriel> For the Commonwealth. ::again bracing against Roland, spins around:: Sergeant, recall all forces and prepare to return to the boat. +subvoc+ Lieutenant, return the station computer to normal operating. Unscheduled security inspection three-seven is now complete.
05[22:17] <@Mem> T2> ::finishes up the commendations, listening to Tynes as he gives his award-winning performance, and then waits for Melissa to log off so he can clean up any traces::
[22:17] <@Gabriel> ::calls into the drone room:: Sergeant, I trust your inspection of the drone programming is complete? Have they followed orders?
[22:18] <@Gabriel> <<braces against the wall, not Roland::
[22:18] <@Gabriel> >>
05[22:18] <@Detro> T2> ::whistles:: Wow. Now that is a security system.
[22:18] <@Melissa> ::finishes the last bit of coding and nodes to Roland as she gets out of the chair::
[22:19] <@Ardelmos> ::watches Melissa finish up, then calls back out the door:: Confirmed, sir. Inspection complete. Drones are operating within specified paramaters.
05[22:19] <@Detro> T2> ::backs out of the system himself, out to the security camera in the airlock:: Mem, can we keep the camera in this room out until we're clear?
05[22:19] <@Mem> T2> ::cleans up after Melissa, altering or deleting logs::
[22:19] <@Gabriel> ::nods and pushes himself toward the door, indicating Caelin should follow::
05[22:19] <@Mem> T2> Yeah, I'll set the program to expire once we're gone.
[22:19] <@Ardelmos> ::turns and exits the drone control room::
[22:19] <@Delgado> ::floats after Tynes, trying to look as dignified as she can::
[22:19] <@Melissa> ::follows Gabriel out of the room::
05[22:19] <@Mem> T2> In fact, might be nice to just do a full reboot of the system.
[22:20] <@Caelin> ::gives the station captain a slight bow in utopian fashion and follows the talon captain out::
01[22:20] <@Savant> The Talons exit the command centre. Two Mordred outside of the doors salute briskly as they pass
05[22:20] <@Detro> T2> :Very Happy: I like that idea.
[22:20] <@Gabriel> ::to the Mordreds as he passes:: The inspection is now complete, soldiers. ::salutes:: Return to your duties.
01[22:20] <@Savant> 6Mordred> Thank you Sir!
[22:21] <@Gabriel> ::pushes off the side wall and toward the door he entered::
05[22:21] <@Detro> T2> While we're at it, let's reboot the system for ALL the exterior cameras too.
[22:21] <@Birkin> ::curses under his breath putting his PDA away not wanting to look like he wasn't playing dead::
05[22:21] <@Detro> T2> ::purges the video records of this fun affair::
[22:22] <@Caelin> ::makes his way past the grel the same way he came in::
[22:22] <@Ardelmos> ::follows along in the train of individuals heading back towards the flight room::
[22:22] <@Birkin> Permission to not be dead sir?
05[22:22] <@Detro> T2> ::hums along:: All set here, Mem. Care to do the honors? :Very Happy:
[22:23] <@Mem> As soon as the airlock cycles over. ::grins::
05[22:23] <@Detro> T2> ::disconnects himself and the data glove from the network and straps them back on to him::
05[22:23] <@Detro> T2> You know, this wasn't a bad idea for a place to take vacation from Caprice. ::grins::
[22:23] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Birkin:: Permission granted.
[22:23] <@Gabriel> ::continues down the hall::
[22:23] <@Dimitri> ::Waits for the command to open the door::
[22:24] <@Birkin> ::stands up, holstering his rifle::
05[22:24] <@Detro> T2> We'll have to come again. Maybe bring some more friends. ::smirk::
[22:24] <@Mem> ::as Tynes enters the launch room, he stands "up" and stretches:: The password is... let's get the fuck out of here, captain.
01[22:25] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[22:25] <@Gabriel> ::exhales::
[22:25] <@Gabriel> ::smacks Savant::
01[22:25] <@Savant> longer than I wanted, but we got it all done in one night, which I'm glad for
[22:25] <@Birkin> weeee
01[22:25] <@Savant> heee
[22:25] <@Gabriel> Holding my breath for 30 minutes isn't fun. Razz
[22:25] <@Mem> Great game. Smile
[22:25] <@Detro> Boot to the head? ;D
01[22:25] <@Savant> boot to the head.
[22:25] <@Delgado> Smaaaaack
[22:25] <@Caelin> hehe
06[22:25] * @Detro throws a boot at Ross' head
[22:25] <@Mem> Yeah, intense because I really didn't have a clue how difficult anything would be.
[22:25] <@Mem> Thanks for your patience with that, Colin. We'll work out the bumps
[22:25] <@Ardelmos> We wreaked Havooooooooooc
[22:26] <@Detro> That's what you missed the previous week Mem. Sans Kassies Smile
[22:26] <@Detro> Actually, I think the computer hacking went rather well.
01[22:26] <@Savant> i hope everyone enjoyed. Next time, splut up into more groups. Set more objectives, so that everyone's got something to do.
[22:26] <@Gabriel> It went a little slow, but that's all right.
[22:26] <@Mem> Yeah. Still a lot of guesswork involved, but it worked.
06[22:26] * @Dimitri snores
[22:26] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Dimitri really got the short end of the stick tonight.
[22:26] <@Mem> Yeah, I felt really bad for those of you with nothing to do
[22:26] <@Gabriel> Sorry about that, man. :/
01[22:26] <@Savant> I think the computer stuff went well enough. It'll polish out. Still rough, but it's not bad.
[22:26] <@Melissa> as did Scotty
[22:26] <@Mem> Melissa also
[22:26] <@Detro> ::nods:: We're still learning bits of it. And I was slow at the start due to having to look up mods for the first rolls.
[22:26] <@Mem> Except for the end
[22:26] <@Melissa> he got to stand around and look
01[22:26] <@Savant> next time, more objectives. Three man teams should be good.
[22:26] <@Caelin> i was a prop:)
01[22:27] <@Savant> anyways, comments?
[22:27] <@Gabriel> You were an impressive prop. Wink
[22:27] <@Detro> Dimitri should have pulled up Terran pr0n on the computers.
[22:27] <@Birkin> I asked if there was any skin flicks on the PDA
[22:27] <@Birkin> Mouse said no Sad
[22:27] <@Gabriel> And yeah, I'll have to think about that for next time.
[22:27] <@Gabriel> One question, Savant.
[22:27] <@Dimitri> somehow I doubt the airlock door controls have internet access
01[22:27] <@Savant> please, ask away
[22:27] <@Gabriel> Gonna do the PL attack as a log or want us to RP it?
[22:27] <@Gabriel> We were just gonna buy popcorn and watch from a safe distance.
[22:28] <@Gabriel> Lotta trideo cameras and such. Wink
01[22:28] <@Savant> I'll log it, since it wasn't anything you were directly involved in anymore.
01[22:28] <@Savant> are you set up for it now?
[22:28] <@Melissa> the only comment i have, is that this was rather specific to a small group of players and just felt that it could have almost been done as a side session for those involved instead of involving the entire team
[22:28] <@Gabriel> I believe so. Drones are programmed, mortars are programmed.
01[22:28] <@Savant> You guys could have expanded your objectives and gotten everyone involved, too. Big team, big goals.
01[22:28] <@Savant> Okay, Gabriel. I'll write it this weekend. Though I imagine that I'll ask for some more rolls as well, during the week.
[22:29] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I don't have a good feel yet for what Dimitri and Caelin are "good at", for want of a better word.
[22:29] <@Gabriel> And Melissa was rather critical to the end of this game, but I wasn't sure what to have her do until then.
[22:29] <@Mem> I imagine Caelin is good at sneaking up on something and killing it.
[22:29] <@Gabriel> The fact that she's also a space pilot was a lucky break.
01[22:29] <@Savant> Caelin can do that with a Shockhammah!
[22:29] <@Caelin> i got caelin's character sheet up on the DB now ross
[22:29] <@Detro> So... rexxpees?
06[22:29] * @Dimitri twiddles his thumbs.
01[22:29] <@Savant> expees
[22:29] <@Detro> roh boy
[22:29] <@Ardelmos> Yar
01[22:30] <@Savant> one is for being here. Two is for teamwork. How did the teamwork go tonight? how coudl it have gone better?
[22:30] <@Gabriel> We've covered that. More to do.
[22:30] <@Delgado> I didn't totally screw us over with my horrible acting rolls.
[22:30] <@Detro> Mem and I were dead-on with the computer hacking teamwork.
[22:30] <@Gabriel> Though I will interject slightly: don't be afraid to jump into stuff or RP. When I was running Coro with 18 people, there was no way I could find enough for everyone to do.
[22:30] <@Detro> Speed, maybe, but other than that we covered each other and planned our attacks well.
[22:30] <@Gabriel> Had to rely on people just taking the initiative and trying stuff.
[22:31] <@Birkin> I agree. Had I not been ordered to lay there I would have gone and found a CEF tech to kill and talk to
[22:31] <@Birkin> giving you more to do Wink
[22:31] <@Dimitri> Not much I can do when I'm ordered to guard a door
[22:31] <@Caelin> ::chuckles::
[22:31] <@Melissa> when two people in the room are busy hacking, leaving one person to sit there and guard doesn't leave much in RP to do
[22:31] <@Detro> ...I hope you mean "kill TIME WITH". Wink
[22:31] <@Gabriel> Well, hopefully not kill... Wink But it would have been fun to see Birkin start a convo w/Mordreds. Wink
[22:31] <@Birkin> yeah "kill"
[22:31] <@Gabriel> Maybe about beer. Wink
06[22:32] * @Savant nods, I'd like to see people view the environment a bit more freely and outside the plot
[22:32] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Vampyre:: I'll happily take suggestions.
[22:32] <@Detro> Well, when Ross goes around telling people "Whatever you do, don't screw this up"... Wink
01[22:32] <@Savant> explore it a bit. Poke it. You may have ot prod me in order to get a reply if it's busy, but i'll gladly do those little things. I like that stuff.
[22:32] <@Detro> That kinda kills exploration ambition Wink
01[22:32] <@Savant> bah. Screwing up is relative. I'm a generous GM
01[22:32] <@Savant> any other teamwork commentary?
[22:33] <@Caelin> well caelin did a good job of being your run of the mill utopian though:)
[22:33] <@Delgado> Props to the bug bashing the GREL.
01[22:33] <@Savant> teamwork's mostly for the Hacking team tonight, which I think did pretty well.
[22:33] <@Gabriel> Along the critical path/main mission, I don't think it could have gone much better.
[22:33] <@Birkin> speak softely and carry a big stick
[22:33] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: We probably need one more hacker.
01[22:33] <@Savant> hee. I thought that was frickin hilarious Wink
[22:33] <@Birkin> er hammer
[22:33] <@Gabriel> If we're gonna do this more often.
[22:33] <@Gabriel> Dimitri, you could branch out into that a little bit.
[22:33] <@Birkin> Make Roland become a hacker
01[22:33] <@Savant> speaking of which - now that we've had two games with this style of hacking. Is it worth it?
[22:33] <@Ardelmos> Heh
[22:33] <@Gabriel> More PPs certainly wouldn't have hurt.
01[22:34] <@Savant> Melissa'd be best with hacking, I think.
[22:34] <@Melissa> umm, and i'm not a good hacker?
01[22:34] <@Savant> she's practically as good as they are.
[22:34] <@Ardelmos> 'Roland, hack that terminal' '<BLAM>' '...'
[22:34] <@Detro> Heh, she's as good as Detro is.
06[22:34] * @Savant nods
[22:34] <@Mem> Another hacker?
[22:34] <@Detro> And yeah, it's an interesting way of doing hacking.
01[22:34] <@Savant> she's no Mem, but she's quite good.
[22:34] <@Mem> I suppose. It does seem like it could get multi-frontal during a hacking war
[22:34] <@Caelin> caelin's got 2/2 computers, and his own laptop though colin hasn't given me the stats for it yet:)
[22:34] <@Mem> If anything, another person to run distractions
[22:35] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Didn't say Melissa wouldn't be, and if you want to get into that too, great. Smile
01[22:35] <@Savant> it's similar to Mem's. I'll get you stats when it beomces important.
[22:35] <@Birkin> with 8 Kassies breathing down on you, yeah I bet it could get multi-front Wink
[22:35] <@Dimitri> Dosen't make sense for Dimitri to be a hacker.
[22:35] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I love the computer fighting system and we seem to be pretty decent at it. Would make good sense to have a lot of people good at it.
01[22:35] <@Savant> anyways. Sadly, I don't think I can give much of a teamwork point today. Kudos to the hacking team, but it wasn't much for the rest of it.
[22:35] <@Mem> Yeah. It'll be fun to really get into it.
01[22:35] <@Savant> I'll keep refining the computer combat system.
01[22:35] <@Savant> it strikes me as being chess-like
[22:36] <@Mem> But if we start using all of the attack specifics like damage and armor and health, it might slow down the game
01[22:36] <@Savant> so. What did you learn today?
[22:36] <@Detro> ::nods:: We did a pretty good tradeoff between Mem and Detro switching offensive and defensive. A third person would have been nice, to either watch our backs or open a second offensive front.
01[22:36] <@Savant> yeah, MEm, I'm seeing that, so I' think I'll drop that.
[22:36] <@Mem> The opposed MOS seems simpler. But we'll see.
[22:36] <@Delgado> We can get away slapping Captains.
[22:36] <@Birkin> Mordred are easily confused
01[22:36] <@Savant> because you outnumbered him and had a dude in a power suit Wink
[22:36] <@Detro> Arclights are very heavily defended against internal hacking on the inside, but not as much in the additions.
[22:36] <@Caelin> Smile
[22:37] <@Delgado> Those are angry-ass little drones.
[22:37] <@Detro> And that we need to come up with some sort of stealth space suit for everyone.
01[22:37] <@Savant> MOM MOM HAY MOM MOM HAY
01[22:37] <@Savant> HAY MOM
[22:37] <@Birkin> "Dear Mordredjournal: We died today because we didn't see someone fast enough. I hate this assignment. Mood Sad"
06[22:37] * @Delgado grins
01[22:37] <@Savant> hee heee
[22:37] <@Gabriel> LOL
[22:37] <@Detro> Moremoed
[22:37] <@Detro> err, Mordremoed
[22:38] <@Gabriel> If people have ideas about splitting teams down a bit more and finding more to do during missions, don't keep it a secret.
01[22:38] <@Savant> anything else you learn? About the drones? About the Arclight stations? About the CEF space resources?
[22:38] <@Gabriel> We've got a ton of data to go through, both from this week and last week.
[22:38] <@Melissa> i've a ton of specs on their space resources...
01[22:38] <@Savant> Gabriel needs some people to act as OOC aides for that sort of thing, yes.
[22:38] <@Birkin> The drone's have a basic AI it seems?
[22:39] <@Birkin> even if it consists of "kill"
[22:39] <@Detro> Hmm. Well, given these drone setups are just tacked on modularly, maybe it's possible to have capital ships shoot off the drone parts and not damage the Arclight.
01[22:39] <@Savant> I suggest that Melissa and Gabriel and one other get together and chat about what the group should be doing.[
[22:39] <@Gabriel> We also picked up some interesting insights into CEF officer personality, or at least I did.
01[22:39] <@Savant> share, Gabriel
[22:39] <@Birkin> Yeah I'm suprised that Captain stood up to you as long as he did
[22:39] <@Detro> That they're rather strong-spirited.
[22:39] <@Melissa> i'm not
[22:40] <@Gabriel> It's not fully formed, but there's obviously some... nepotism? Is that the right word? going on. Protecting of favored people. Notice how everyone was spit-and-polish 'cept the guy the Captain cared about the most?
[22:40] <@Mem> Yeah. We were pretty deep into the CEF operating structure, I think. Got to see it up close.
[22:40] <@Birkin> You have more experiance with the CEF Dave Razz
[22:40] <@Delgado> I need to get to sleep. Tell me how many points I get to spend tomorrow. Wink
01[22:40] <@Savant> night Itz!
02[22:40] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Guys! Come in here. Now, I want to maintain the current level of black representation on the committee, so let's go for a stroll......)
[22:40] <@Gabriel> If that's at all widespread, then there's a Peter principle thing going on.
[22:40] <@Detro> I'll bet that's likely due to the purges.
[22:40] <@Melissa> i've had a bit more experience with the CEF, yeah
[22:40] <@Gabriel> ie, some of those protected officers are in positions they're not at all qualified for. If we can find out what some of those officers are doing, those might make easier targets for us to hit.
[22:40] <@Caelin> the CID isn't well liked within the CEF either:)
01[22:41] <@Savant> interesting. Anything else?
[22:41] <@Mem> oh yeah. good call.
[22:41] <@Detro> Oh, that the CID apparently has no authority investigating the CEF?
01[22:41] <@Savant> very good, Caelin. Glad you caught that Wink
[22:41] <@Mem> CID didn't get a great response.
[22:41] <@Detro> At least, this guy seemed to think the CID had no business here.
[22:41] <@Mem> Sort of like the cliche Internal Affairs of cop dramas
[22:42] <@Gabriel> Might be fun to start a search, the next time we're in a CEF database, for officers that have been in the same position a while, or those with no negative marks in their jackets but no positive ones either.
[22:42] <@Gabriel> Might be a good way to start finding those protected ones.
06[22:42] * @Savant nods
[22:42] <@Gabriel> Anyway, not fully formed yet. I'll think on it a bit more.
[22:42] <@Detro> Or that could just be a sign that the CEF isn't expecting attacks on Arclight stations so they let that sort of thing slide here.
01[22:43] <@Savant> that's two points. Three for the danger.
[22:43] <@Mem> True enough.
[22:43] <@Detro> That it's the lax service, the unappreciated one. The Coast Guard Reserve.
[22:43] <@Mem> The security was pretty high... Mordreds and Kassandras. But we could've done a lot of damage to an installation like that
01[22:43] <@Savant> Three for everyone, four for Melissa, KAras, Delgado and Dimitri. Well done everyone. Sorry for the long game, but I hope you've enjoyed.
01[22:43] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Black Talons in Session'
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
03[18:31] * Ardelmos (~fdeziel@bas4-kitchener06-1167936786.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #bt05
[18:31] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
03[18:31] * Savant sets mode: +o Ardelmos
[18:31] <@Delgado> ::attn
01[18:31] <@Savant> i'll give people a moment to catch up, blinding speed we move at and all
[18:32] <@Delgado> ::
01[18:32] <@Savant> as I'm doing so, questions or comments?
[18:32] <@Gabriel> Did I miss the briefing?
01[18:32] <@Savant> nope
[18:32] <@Dimitri> ::Attn::
[18:33] <@Caelin> ::attn::
01[18:34] <@Savant> hi all. Before we can get going, i'm just going to announce once again the fact that I'm considering a "pause" game after the Caprice arc. No longer than a month, basically something to renew the creative muscles and try something quick and fun and casual. Dimitri's got a suggestion, I've got some ideas, and if anyone wants to do something during this month-onlg stretch I'm proposing, i'd like to hear about it.
[18:34] <@Ardelmos> Tribe 8
01[18:34] <@Savant> Dimitri's got a poll on the forums, and - yeah, that's one option which I've gotten good feedback on.
03[18:34] * Luke (user@lunoho.com) has joined #bt05
[18:35] <@Dimitri> Dark Heresy
01[18:35] <@Savant> anyways, we'll figure it out, but it's coming up eventually, so give it a little thought.
01[18:35] <@Savant> now I will give you a briefing, and you shall be briefed.
01[18:35] <@Savant> 2Black Talons
01[18:35] <@Savant> 2 12 Lares 275LC, 1000h - Morning - (17S TN1945)
01[18:35] <@Savant> 2 Polonium District, Mineral Forest Hub, Gomorrah, Caprice.
01[18:35] <@Savant> 2 5 degrees Celcius, 4% humidity, 95 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:35] <@Savant> Now look what you've done. The CEF is *furious* with you. And like an angry, impatient stepfather, the CEF is starting to take it out on the closest and most available stepchild, poor Gomorrah.
01[18:35] <@Savant> The CID is barely better - or much, much worse depending on how you look at it. The CEF has dropped their iron curtain even harder, destroying and killing anything within reach of the Lots without mercy. It's to be expected from that grim machine of war; that's what the beast understands.
01[18:35] <@Savant> The Commonwealth Integrity department has been much, much more quiet. They made an announcement shortly after the attack, claiming that this "unfortunate breach of security in the fair city" was due to "poor co-operation between the CID and Corporate security forces," and that steps were being undertaken to solve the problem "for the good of Capricians everywhere."
01[18:35] <@Savant> It's good cop/bad cop writ large, and it seems to be working on the larger masses of the Corporations at least. Anger boils beneath, as it always has in the Worldcity. Unfortunately for Earth, however, they may have just turned up the burner...
01[18:35] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:36] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:36] <@Detro> ack
[18:36] <@Ardelmos> ack
[18:36] <@Gabriel> And: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha Smile
[18:36] <@Gabriel> Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of Imperialist scum.
[18:36] <@Dimitri> Ack
[18:36] <@Delgado> ack
01[18:36] <@Savant> look what you've done! you ought to be ashamed!
01[18:37] <@Savant> questions? Comments?
[18:37] <@Ardelmos> Terribly.
[18:37] <@Caelin> ack
[18:37] <@Gabriel> ::raises::
01[18:38] <@Savant> Gabriel?
[18:38] <@Gabriel> Two things. First thing. After Caprice arc = when we're on our way back to TN on the current sortie? Are you going to speed things along a bit? 'cause we still have a fair bit to do.
01[18:38] <@Savant> i'm not sure exactly where yet. I'll pause when it seems appropriate. But yes, there's still a good amount to do here.
[18:38] <@Ardelmos> After we kill Rassul. Wink
[18:39] <@Gabriel> So is that a yes, gonna speed things along, or no, gonna maintain current pace?
01[18:39] <@Savant> the pace is determined by your ambitions and the CEF's goals. And I'm not telling you the CEF's goals Wink
[18:39] <@Gabriel> And second thing: you were gonna write some kind of epilogue that included the fate of the poor refinery guy.
01[18:40] <@Savant> was I? I was, yes. You don't know his fate yet, but I'll do so this week.
[18:40] <@Detro> You mean the arclight CO?
[18:40] <@Detro> Oh, n/m
01[18:40] <@Savant> blat blat, muthafucka,
[18:40] <@Gabriel> k Assuming he lived, I was thinking we should give him a "Sorry we fucked up your operation" present.
01[18:40] <@Savant> other questions? If no, then let's move on to what's going down tonight. I want team assignations and who's doing what.
06[18:40] * @Delgado snickers
01[18:40] <@Savant> Heh, a very noble idea, I encourage it.
[18:41] <@Gabriel> ::grins:: We've been carrying some refining/processing gear around for three freakin' cycles. JM had this odd idea it was gonna be useful. I'd like to offload it. Wink
[18:41] <@Gabriel> Some of that guy's hare-brained ideas, I swear...
[18:41] <@Caelin> lol
01[18:41] <@Savant> almost like they came out of someone else's head i guess Wink
[18:42] <@Ardelmos> ::smirks::
[18:42] <@Gabriel> Anyway, yeah, that's all.
01[18:43] <@Savant> so, set out some teams, or at least let people know what they're doing. Technically the only ones who don't need to be in the Safehouse are Dimitri and Delgado
[18:43] <@Gabriel> Alrighty. For those not keeping track, our old friend Blia sent Delgado and Dimitri a private message. After some soul-searching, Dimitri shared it with Gabriel.
[18:43] <@Gabriel> Gabriel wants to bring Blia in peaceably, so he's asked the two of them to meet with her, alone.
[18:44] <@Delgado> ::coughslosercough::
[18:44] <@Gabriel> Neither will be bugged, but we'll monitor the meeting via the Spider drone of Caelin's. So, Caelin and Roland on the monitoring team, plus Gabriel to listen in.
[18:44] <@Dimitri> ::coughsbitchcoughs:: Wink
[18:44] <@Caelin> one big happy family huh?Smile
[18:45] <@Gabriel> Meanwhile, we're set up in a safehouse. Next major objective is Bastille Alpha, which we're gonna support the Maribolds and the El-Hayar on. I'd like to go through all of our current intel from the last three raids and look for any information relevant/useful to that.
[18:45] <@Gabriel> It'd also be helpful to set up the appointment with Mariss to transfer their money and pick up our railguns, plus start making arrangements for a more permanent treaty.
01[18:45] <@Savant> where will the Observation team be doing their work? Keeping a few blocks away? or staying at the Safehouse? or something else?
[18:45] <@Gabriel> Mem, the Mariss stuff is yours. Detro, the intel stuff is yours.
[18:45] <@Gabriel> Staying at the safehouse, I think.
[18:45] <@Detro> SH> Roger that.
[18:45] <@Gabriel> Gabriel might want to work with both teams.
[18:45] <@Ardelmos> Mem ain't here. Wink
01[18:46] <@Savant> ok
[18:46] <@Gabriel> Yeah, Mem gets to work off-screen.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> Presumably, his part is fairly routine.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> We've already done the job, and then some.
01[18:46] <@Savant> Dimitri, Delgado, you get to use T1> tonight.
[18:46] <@Ardelmos> I imagine Caelin and Roland are on a rooftop somewhere with binoculars and long range mics. Wink
01[18:46] <@Savant> everyone else, no tags needed.
01[18:46] <@Savant> if you're out somewhere, then use T2> Caelin and Roland.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Sounds good, but pipe what you get to Gabriel.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> Dimitri, Delgado, you're not wearing wires. Are you wearing comm sets?
[18:46] <@Gabriel> Gabriel will kinda insist on that, in case there are problems.
[18:46] <@Delgado> Yes
[18:47] <@Dimitri> Ja.
[18:47] <@Gabriel> k, good.
[18:47] <@Gabriel> Is Vampyre playing?
01[18:47] <@Savant> haven't heard a no from him
03[18:48] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:48] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:48] <@Caelin> speak of the devil
[18:48] <@Gabriel> Catching him up.
[18:49] <@Gabriel> Vampyre, read, then let me know what you'd like to help with, or if you have suggestions for something else that needs doing.
[18:49] <@Gabriel> The obvious place for Melissa to help is with Detro.
[18:49] <@Gabriel> I really want everyone involved this week.
[18:49] <@Detro> You mean she's not fawning over the Spider thingy?
01[18:50] <@Savant> anyways. Any other questions?
03[18:50] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
01[18:50] <@Savant> We'll start with Dimitri and Delgado (T1) walking to their meeting, and Roland/Caelin (T2) in pursuit. Everyone else will be at the safehouse.
01[18:50] <@Savant> let's rock
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:51] <@Savant> Your current safehouse isn't so much a safehouse as a broad and low-roofed greenhouse. It's not a sunny, airy, bright place at all, nothing like Terranovan oasis domes. The walls are rusty and moist with a choking humidity, and green, leafy plants stretch out in long racked troughs beneath pale light strips. The scents of rusting steel, soil, mold and mud blend together between the claustrophobic, low-ceilinged rows.
01[18:51] <@Savant> Your 'home' for the night is a collection of sleeping bags and too-thin mattresses in the gap left by a missing rack, between two more. There's enough room for you all to stretch out, with the tallest of you just a bit too tall to stretch out completely without bumping his head into the cement troughs. Water drips from overhead pipes and pools onto the cracked, browned cement. But at least it's quiet.
02[18:51] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Adjusts his clothing slightly, a little uncomfortable with the turn of things. Also with being monitored.. Although they refused to wear wires, he knew Tynes well enough to know he'd have to Psycho monitoring them.. although so help him if he hurt Blia... he grumbled scanning around, keeping in pace with Xochitl::
01[18:52] <@Savant> Meanwhile, Blia has accepted the meeting; apparently she'd like to see the two surviving BT07 members one last time. She's asked them to come to an abandoned shipping yard down on Beta level, not too far from the safehouse in Mineral Forest Hub. It's surrounded by heavy-gauge steel wire fences and a few cameras.
01[18:53] <@Savant> The gates are locked, but a man door is open, with a guard standing there. He's smoking a cigarette and has a submachinegun hung over his shoulder by a strap.
[18:53] <@Detro> You know... it's a good thing I'm not a writer for the Terra Novan Better Vacations Guide. This would not rate very highly on my list. ::he grins, as he's kidding::
05[18:53] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::sits with his back up against the wall on the rooftop of a nearby building, eyeing the level above and the nearby rooftops for any sign of countersurveillance while he and Caelin wait for both Dmitri and Blia to arrive at the meeting point -- he hadn't even looked in that direction yet::
02[18:53] <@Delgado> T1> ::mutters softly:: Think Roland'll have a bead on her forehead?
[18:54] <@Gabriel> ::is more than a little nervous to have the two former BT07 members out there alone, but is hiding it well::
[18:54] <@Ardelmos> !check 3 5 Notice
[18:54] <@Ardelmos> <<d'oh>>
02[18:54] <@Dimitri> T1> Do Dawgs shit? ::he sighed, glancing at the abandoned shipping yard, slightly curious as to why there is a guard sitting there. ::
[18:54] <@Melissa> ::sits back slightly, pouring over the details of the simulations she snatched from the station::
[18:55] <@Detro> ::scrolls through the listing of data they've recovered... loads of it. Had they really struck it so rich in their cyber-attacks? Amazing.::
02[18:55] <@Delgado> T1> ::grunts softly then looks around, wrapping her arms around her waist:: Think she'll actually show?
02[18:55] <@Dimitri> T1> Well.. lets get this started then.. ::He begins to step up casually towards the sitting guard, a little uncomfortable walking towards an armed guard. But such was army life.:: Oh she'll show.
01[18:56] <@Savant> 5Guard> ::frowns at Dimitri and Delgado, but doesn't immediately reach for his gun::
[18:57] <@Melissa> ::flips to the Tortoise simulator and moves to the control rig:: Hmm, alrighty, let's learn us the ability to punch holes in time and space...
05[18:57] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::grunts and turns around, pulling himself to his knees and bringing his set of macrobinoculars up, resting his elbows and chin low on the edge of the wall as he trains his gaze on the approaching Talons::
02[18:57] <@Delgado> T1> ::walks up to the guard with Dimitri and flashes the guard a disarming smile::
[18:57] <@Detro> ::taps a few controls on his dataglove, and after a bit of fussing, finds an audio stream station advertising some sort of classic rock and news updates every hour. He leaves that on low::
02[18:57] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Raises both hands, although for anyone who knew him, this didn't make him any less dangerous. :: We're friends of the sand demon.
[18:58] <@Detro> ::grins at Melissa:: Looking to tear up space a bit?
[18:58] <@Gabriel> ::watches Detro, Mem, and Melissa work for a bit, then turns his attention back to one of the trideo displays they'd temporarily set up::
05[18:58] <@Caelin> T2>::is laying prone near roland, a connection to one of his spider drones watching dimitri and delgado is open, he's also keeping an eye out for anything near his rootop perch::
[18:58] <@Gabriel> +com+ Observation team, in position? Caelin, is your drone deployed?
[18:58] <@Melissa> ::blows a stray hair from her face and smirks:: well, that's all this thing can do. Can't do any fancy flying with it...or can we?
01[18:58] <@Savant> 5Guard> ::They can see he's a Liberati by the ribbon tied about his waist like a belt:: Hnh. Says you. Don't come close.
05[18:59] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::activates the long range microphone he's clamped on to the top of the microbinoculars and begins forwarding the feed through his own earpiece and then through the comm to Tynes:: +com+ Affirmative.
[18:59] <@Detro> Well, if a tortoise is what I think if is, I imagine it has all of the flying ability of a springer.
05[18:59] <@Caelin> T2>+com+ affirmative
02[18:59] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Keeps his hands up, sizing him from head to toe.:: Long live the South.
[19:00] <@Gabriel> ::waits for the trideo feed from the drone::
01[19:00] <@Savant> 5Guard> ::he grunts and tosses the butt of his cigarette to the ground, gesturing that they follow him inside. Another dark-clad Liberati from inside the gate replaces him::
[19:00] <@Melissa> Well, the closest ground equivalent I can think of, small scale is a Barnaby mobile repair vehicle...or comparable to battleship class landship
05[19:00] <@Caelin> T2>::patches the video feed from the drone in to the captain::
[19:00] <@Melissa> It'll go straight very well
02[19:00] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Glances back at Xochitl, before falling into step behind the guard, keeping a watchful eye on his surroundings as they step in.::
01[19:00] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::A camera comes on as the surveillance drone clambers into a good view. The sight bobs and waves briefly, then settles in place, watching Dimitri and Delgado as they head into the lot::
[19:01] <@Melissa> Mind you...you accelerate a brick fast enough and it'll go straight very well too
05[19:01] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::adjusts the focal length on the binoculars to change his field of view every minute or so, to follow the movements of those in the yard as well as the two talons::
[19:01] <@Detro> ::grins:: A flying brick. ::laughs:: I like that.
02[19:01] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Can't shake the feeling that he's being watched. Hm. Wonder why that is. ::
02[19:01] <@Delgado> T1> ::eyes the Liberati and his friend and nods respectfully to them both as they're lead:: [H] Well met.
01[19:01] <@Savant> The lot is filled with shipping containers - railroad cars without the wheels. The sky is filled with a maze of girders, upon which run crane trucks that are used to move the massive containers. They litter the ground in a roughly haphazard manner, like portable buildings. And they are. Liberati move about through the dark lots. It takes several minutes of walking, and a lot of careful observation, before you can see the black form of a Dark Cobra.
Session Close: Thu Mar 13 19:01:51 2008

Session Start: Thu Mar 13 19:01:51 2008
Session Ident: #BT05
02[19:01] * Disconnected
02[19:02] * Attempting to rejoin channel #BT05
03[19:02] * Rejoined channel #BT05
03[19:02] * Topic is '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Black Talons in Session'
03[19:02] * Set by Savant on Thu Mar 13 18:30:33
03[19:02] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Sajioshi
02[19:02] * @Savant (~mouse@204.191.90.82) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Sajioshi)))
03[19:03] * Sajioshi is now known as Savant
[19:04] <@Gabriel> ::wonders if Blia is forming her own little private army down here in Alpha, and studies the guard closely over the trideo::
[19:04] <@Detro> Shame we can't throw THAT brick at the Lots. Bet that would crack it right up. ::a beat:: And kill everyone in the Trench. ::scowls::
01[19:04] <@Savant> 5Guard> ::The guard is tall, somewhat swarthy, and dark of mood. He mutters, a little more at ease but not much:: [H] We don't like strangers here
[19:05] <@Detro> ::looks down at the computer in front of him:: Oh well. Best think of the things we CAN do, right?
02[19:05] <@Dimitri> T1> [H] Guns rarely happy unite. Thought Liberati like Ravens. ::Speaks out the highlands rather awkwardly, still only able to speak the basic portions. ::
02[19:05] <@Delgado> T1> [H] We're not strangers. We are brothers and sisters of the same cause.
01[19:05] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> +subcom+ *beep* Lead Armigers, this unit is out of position. Moving to new position, by your leave.
[19:06] <@Detro> ::with that he starts looking to see what they might have gotten about Bastille Alpha::
[19:06] <@Gabriel> ::mutters:: +com+ He's Darrik clan. A number of them are heavily involved with Highlands First.
01[19:07] <@Savant> The two 07 Talons are led into a small "clearing"? No, it's just a spot betwen the containers. There are a few more Liberati there, which the Spidhra scrambles in close to get a good view of. Blia's amongst them, and has yet to notice the two.
[19:07] <@Detro> ::starts by searching for just the basic information -- history, known people held there, views from outside...::
[19:07] <@Melissa> ::frowns slightly:: This thing cannot turn and very slow acceleration. Lots of inertia, but so do Barnabies going downhill...
[19:08] <@Gabriel> ::pulls one of the terminals over to him and starts his own search of the public database, asking for an image search of items related to the Highlands First logo in the last 30 days on Caprice::
05[19:08] <@Caelin> T2>+subcom+proceed with caution spidhra
01[19:08] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> +subcom+ *beep*
05[19:08] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::focuses in on Blia as he spots her:: +com+ Confirmed, Captain. A number of the workers are bearing Highlands First insignia.
05[19:08] <@Ardelmos> T2> +com+ The commander has found herself quite the group of friends.
[19:09] <@Gabriel> ::decides to voice his concern while he searches:: +com+ She's starting her own little private army down here, and everyone on Caprice is a target, likely.
[19:09] <@Gabriel> ::is suddenly glad that Dimitri and Detro aren't in constant communication::
05[19:09] <@Caelin> T2>::to roland::you do not aprove of this alliance?
02[19:09] <@Delgado> T1> ::allows herself a smile as she sees lead to Blia, a knot in her stomach loosening a bit seeing that she's still alive:: Mama Bear.
02[19:09] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Glances around, trying to get a head count for the number of Liberati inside the warehouse. ::
[19:10] <@Melissa> ::hums to herself as she goes through some of the basics of Tortoise and what it can do...or rather what it cannot do::
[19:10] <@Detro> ::fortunately, isn't paying much attention to the team comm traffic, as he is to prying out data::
05[19:10] <@Ardelmos> T2> +com+ Can't see any Van Saars. Or Helles, Captain. ::looks over at Caelin, then shrugs:: They're extremists. They want to blow up even more stuff than we do.
[19:10] <@Gabriel> ::suddenly has a more awful thought:: +com+ That means she's not bluffing. She's joined with forces willing to kill nearly everyone in the trench.
05[19:12] <@Caelin> T2>::frowns::
01[19:12] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::Blia turns swiftly from her conversation with two Liberati and gives the two a rare, bright smile. She approaches more swiftly than she ought and gives Dimitri and Xochitl a hug each::
05[19:12] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::adjusts the gain on the microphone and focuses in again on the two talons, and Blia::
02[19:12] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Returns the hug, a little bit stiffly, its obvious he's uncomfortable surrounded by so many unfriendlies. ::
02[19:14] <@Delgado> T1> ::hugs Blia tightly then takes a step back, giving everyone enough room, just in case the Liberati are getting jumpy:: You've made friends. ::tries to sound light about it:: ... Can we talk? Just the three of us?
[19:14] <@Melissa> ::pauses for a moment, letting the simulation end and going back into the datapad and doing some deep digging::
[19:14] <@Gabriel> +com+ I've found another attack. With a new logo. One that merges Highland First and Talons imagery.
[19:15] <@Detro> ::bypasses the bulk of the basic history -- massive prison, now used by the CEF... something does knaw on his mind though -- the words "incomplete construction". As for images... the CEF had beaten them to it::
[19:15] <@Gabriel> ::adds it to the list of ones they've associated with Blia::
[19:15] <@Ardelmos> +com+ ::mutters through the microphone:: Drop in the bucket.
[19:15] <@Melissa> Hmm...that's nice, approximately 8 hours to charge up the gate drive
01[19:15] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> Of course, of course. Don't worry about them. They're friends. Let's go stretch our legs.
[19:16] <@Gabriel> ::looks over his shoulder:: 8 hours?
[19:16] <@Gabriel> Isn't that a lot faster than we can do it?
02[19:17] <@Dimitri> T1> I think.. that would be best.. your friends don't seem so.. friendly
[19:17] <@Melissa> Based on the what they have here, 8 hours to charge. Not sure what our capability is off the top of my head though
02[19:17] <@Delgado> T1> ::walks with Blia, letting her lead them around:: I'm glad to see you... still here. Your message concerned us, Mama Bear. ::watches her closely for any little reaction::
05[19:17] <@Caelin> T2>::raises an eyebrow as his scanners light up::+com+ there's radioactive material in at least one of those containers
01[19:17] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> They're just angry. And they have every right to be. ::guides the Talons off, away from the bulk of the Liberati, to a more private area of the lots::
05[19:18] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::tracks Blia with the macrobinocular/microphone combo, allowing Caelin to worry about the rest of the yard -- the note about radioactive material concerned him though -- perhaps the Darrik were going to ignore the rest of the Liberati and go through with their plan to bring down the Lots anyway::
[19:18] <@Gabriel> ::to himself:: That answers that question. +com+ How hard or easy would it be to trace that material at a distance?
02[19:18] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Follows silently, regarding Blia carefully::
01[19:19] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> +subcom+ *beep* Lead Armigers, this unit is out of position. Moving to new position, by your leave.
[19:19] <@Detro> ::having sifted out the coarse material, Detro sifts through the data, this time looking for any record of troop strengths, patrols, deployment patterns, and general terrain and access information to the area::
05[19:19] <@Caelin> T2>+subcom+proceed spidhra
01[19:20] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> +subcom+ *beep*
[19:21] <@Melissa> ::goes back to cycling through the various craft while adjusting the simulator to speed through the charging of the gate drive::
01[19:21] <@Savant> Blia leads teh two away, into another spot, more closely protected from outside view - private and cozy. One of the containers is open, and inside it is the dark outline of a bedroll and some supplies
02[19:23] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Glances around Blia's obvious accomodations, eyeing the supplies.:: I see you've made yourself at home..
02[19:23] <@Delgado> T1> ::nods idly at Dimitri's comment. Blia had a regular little hangout::
[19:24] <@Gabriel> ::waits for the trideo image to return to something useful::
01[19:24] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> It's just temporary. ::she pauses and looks down at the ground a moment:: You're here for a reason, aren't you?
[19:24] <@Detro> ::in his search though, he stumbles across one thread of data... and then another... and another. He's tuned out EVERYTHING at this point, as he weaves the threads he pulls into a rich tapestry of intel::
02[19:24] <@Dimitri> T1> Your message.. concerned us Blia..
[19:25] <@Detro> ::lapses into Mandanese as he looks at what he's gotten assembled:: Tian shia...
01[19:25] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::relocates, with a good and nearly- overhead view of the conversation between Blia and the two Talons. The drone's apparently hanging from a thread above them.::
02[19:25] <@Delgado> T1> ::takes a deep breath and decides to be direct as they always were with each other, adding onto Dimitri's comment:: We're worried. About a lot of things.
[19:26] <@Gabriel> ::turns his full attention to watching Blia's movements and mannerisms::
01[19:26] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she nods, and smiles sadly:: I always knew you two were the sharpest. I always knew that if anyone was going to make it through, you two would.
05[19:26] <@Caelin> T2>::frowns as he's unable to make sense of the readings he's getting::+subcom+freya, can you determine how much radioactive material there is, what kind of destructive power if any it would have? ::sends the data through::
[19:26] <@Detro> Melissa, you're not going to believe what we've got here. Orbital *and* suborbital defenses... flight plans and patterns for the TAAFs, schedules for shuttles to and from Caprice... AND lists of troops ready for hot drop.
[19:27] <@Melissa> Interesting. Very interesting. I'm just waiting to see what the simulator has to say about the gate that this thing will create
05[19:27] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::re-adjusts the zoom on the binoculars and stops zooming out now that they're into deep conversation:: Caelin, keep an eye on the yard. Make sure nobody does anything stupid. ::shifts slightly, his knee nudging against the Dartand lieing on the ground beside him::
02[19:27] <@Dimitri> T1> That's why we've been able to live as long as we have been able to.. but all the same.. this talk of us running back to Terranova.. and what exactly do you plan to do?
01[19:28] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::sits back from where she's sitting in the corner of the Talons' safehouse, doing some sort of open brain surgery on a patient Hammer drone. She stares off into her space:: +subcom+ Looks like... like a tactical package, I think. Messy, though.
02[19:28] <@Delgado> T1> ::glances at Dimitri then looks back to Blia, watching her every move, twitch, breath, anything while she listens to what she says and how she responds to the question::
[19:29] <@Gabriel> ::watches Blia, frowning, and waiting for her to answer Dimitri's question::
[19:29] <@Detro> ::whistles:: Based on this data, the CEF has a total of 8,000 troops ready to hot drop.
05[19:30] <@Caelin> T2>::hmms a moment:: +subcom+ how much area would the explosion cover?
01[19:30] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she exhales, looking weary:: There are two points in this system that the CEF have concentrated - Paladin Lots and Monolith. Take those out and they're fragile.
[19:30] <@Melissa> They may have ramped that up since our little attempt on Paladin
02[19:31] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Narrows his eyes. :: And.. how exactly are you planning on taking on two heavily fortified areas, with a handful of Angry rebels and yourself?
[19:31] <@Detro> Possibly, yeah. But that's just troops. Add to that fourteen online drone launching stations, with 12 drop pods each.
[19:31] <@Gabriel> ::to himself:: Not to mention, get off the planet in the first place.
02[19:32] <@Delgado> T1> ::nods slightly at Dimitri:: We launched an attack on Paladin Lots. They're on highest alert now.
01[19:32] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::rubs her nose with a fingertip:: +subcom+ hard to say. It's not a tacpack, it's just got the same tick. I can't tell. can you get closer to it?
[19:33] <@Detro> Another 6 of those launching stations planned. Wow.
01[19:34] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> We won't have to go into the Lots. There's a fault line along the trench there, and it's restricted to just that area. Paladin Lots Hub and Gallot Hub.
[19:34] <@Gabriel> ::glances over his shoulder at Detro:: How many of those can be brought to bear on Bastille Alpha?
[19:34] <@Melissa> That's a lot of forces
[19:34] <@Detro> ::checks::
02[19:35] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Perks his eyebrow.:: So your going to disrupt them with.. what exactly? Talon teams aren't equipped with that kind of ordanence outside our furies.. and we lost ours. The Liberati certainly don't have the equipment. Elaborate. ::He scruitinzes her.. wondering more about those crates all of a sudden..:
[19:35] <@Detro> It's a bit rough, but let's call it two drop stations worth of drone drop carriers and 2000 troops.
05[19:36] <@Ardelmos> T2> +com+ Fuck me. Doesn't matter she can't get close to the Lots. She's gonna collapse half the damn trench.
[19:36] <@Melissa> ::blinks a couple of times:: That's interesting. The Tortoise layout includes a bay for fighter craft
05[19:36] <@Caelin> T2>+subcom+i'll see what i can do, +com+captain tynes, permission to get a closer look at the radioactive container
[19:36] <@Melissa> And not just one bay
[19:36] <@Detro> ::looks up from the data at Tynes:: Hope you're not thinking of doing another surprise inspection.
01[19:37] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she grins at the two, her expression hard to read:: Come on now, kids. The Liberati are miners.
[19:38] <@Gabriel> +com+ Take no risks, Caelin. If your Spider gets caught, not only is the meeting over, but Delgado and Dimitri lose their former CO's trust.
02[19:39] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Stares at her blankly. :: Your going to huck giant roc- ::he pauses, staring at her hardly.:: Your.. your not serious are you? You found uranium?
01[19:39] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> No, I found the Darriks. *they* foudn the uranium, and spun it, and enriched it.
[19:41] <@Detro> ::seeing Tynes tied up, goes back to digging. He takes the information built from what they've found so far and stores it on his system, then makes a backup on Mem's::
02[19:41] <@Delgado> T1> ::almost stumbles:: You're going to blow the trench with uranium?
05[19:41] <@Caelin> T2>+com+affirmative, Spidhra will remain in position ::he however looks for a place to get off the roof out of sight of the liberati::
[19:41] <@Melissa> Fighter complement of 24 on a Tortoise...
05[19:42] <@Ardelmos> T2> +com+ Well....I give her points for style. Collapsing the Lots would be a helluva retribution for Lyonesse and Peace River.
02[19:42] <@Dimitri> T1> ::His face becomes stoic :: Your going to slaughter.. so many people just to get Gallot Hub and Paladin lots?
[19:42] <@Detro> TA*A*Fs or TA*E*Fs?
05[19:42] <@Ardelmos> T2> +com+ Though I guess without any antimatter to play with, a fission bomb's a fair substitute.
[19:43] <@Melissa> Well, they don't list the specifics, but let's see if I can figure that out
01[19:43] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::Her expression goes hard, and then softens again:: Dimitri. I'm going to *end* this. You and I both know that Terranova won't give up without a fight. How many more cities will they destroy? Could you bear to think of your home city turned to a crater? This is horrible, but it will be the last.
[19:44] <@Gabriel> +com+ I don't recall the CEF blowing up too many of their own people or too many neutrals in either of those locations, Senior Sergeant.
[19:45] <@Ardelmos> +com+ Fair enough, but I wouldn't exactly call 2 million UMF civvies enemy combatants, either, Captain.
02[19:45] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Takes a step back, as if she struck him. His face a mask of surprise. :: So your going to just recreate peace river? To get a Military target your going to slaughter a ridiculous number of noncombatants?
[19:45] <@Gabriel> +com+ Civilian deaths are a part of war. An ugly part, but a part.
[19:46] <@Detro> ::raises his head hearing Tynes say that:: WHAT civilian deaths?
01[19:46] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She presses her lips together tightly - not angry, just irritable now:: Look around you, Dimitri. There are no noncombatants on this planet. This whole city is producing war material, propaganda, or fresh troops for the Terran war machine.
[19:46] <@Gabriel> ::drums his fingers, listening to this horrifc argument::
[19:47] <@Gabriel> Blia's calmly considering the deaths of half or more of the people in the trench, Sous-Sergent.
[19:47] <@Ardelmos> +com+ Particularly when you hit civilian centres, yeah. ::a beat:: Yeah...I don't think she's gonna get talked out of this.
[19:48] <@Detro> ....
02[19:48] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Stares at her, his eyes hard. :: So your going to recreate your own situation? Is that it?
[19:48] <@Detro> Tell me we're going to stop her.
01[19:48] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> We can cut the roots out now, before we have a whole new generation of soldiers invading Terranova. The survivors can dust off and - what do you mean?
[19:48] <@Melissa> ::scratches her head as she tries to figure out the storage capacity of the bays and the size of the types of fighters available::
05[19:48] <@Caelin> T2>::shifts into a kneeling position and moves to the edge of the roof then disappears::
02[19:48] <@Delgado> T1> ::just stands there, stunned as she listens to the exchange between Blia and Dimitri::
05[19:49] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::takes his eyes out of the binoculars and frowns, Caelin no longer there:: +com+ Don't go too far. ::glances over his shoulder at the roof access::
[19:49] <@Detro> ::Tynes' lack of immediate response is less than encouraging to Detro...::
01[19:49] <@Savant> Caelin rises form his crouch and a pair of broad black wings snap out from behind his back. The powered suit gives a puff from its jets and the parafoil sends him winging off into the dark.
[19:50] <@Gabriel> ::frowns over at Detro:: What do you suggest, Sous-Sergent? We assassinate one of our own? He compatriots would just continue the attack.
02[19:50] <@Dimitri> T1> You know what I mean Blia. Your just going to recreate the same Bloody massacare. Civilian casualties are a cowards way of fighting. You'll only spur them to fight on harder. Your going to turn Gommorah against us! This isn't going to bring back your family! ::He steps forward emphasising his words, the emotion pouring out, he was conflicted, angry and worried::
[19:51] <@Detro> Considering the alternative, which is doing nothing...
05[19:51] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::mutters to himself, returning to the watch:: There won't be much of Gommorah left to turn.
[19:51] <@Detro> ::Frowns:: Or the OTHER alternative, which Delgado and Dimitri would never approve of.
02[19:52] <@Dimitri> T1> If you slaughter civilians.. what makes us any better than the CEF? Well? Who else would even think to join us against the CEF? Knowing we have the blood of civilians. ::He spits on the ground::
01[19:52] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She set her jaw, suddenly angry. She's got a frightening anger about her, too, a seething intensity that Dimitri and Delgado have only seen rarely:: What are we supposed to do? You can see what the Earthers have here. They're rolling over our Talon teams like we were sand flies!
[19:52] <@Gabriel> Patience. Dimitri's doing just fine, so far.
01[19:53] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she grits her teeth and forces her expression to relax a little:: That's why I asked you to leave. I didn't want this on your hands. I don't want this on any of your hands.
05[19:53] <@Caelin> T2>::cuts the distance from his orignal perch and the radioactive container in half, and takes another scan for scildfreja::+subcom+ freja is this close enough? ::sends new data::
02[19:53] <@Delgado> T1> But that's what we signed up for! We knew what we were getting into when we became Talons and so did you. What you're talking about doing... you're turning into -them-!
02[19:54] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Spreads his arms out. :: We Talons moved out to find a way out to combat earth, find allies. Who will become allies with child killers? We'd bloody the name of Terranova. Your actions will mark every Terranovan's hands in blood we could never get off.
[19:54] <@Melissa> ::purses her lips, unable to make sense of the numbers:: 24 of those cannot fit in there...heck, one of those can't fit in there...
[19:54] <@Detro> ::frowns:: For their sakes, I hope so. Because if they can't stop whatever's been planned, I think the only other course of action we can take would be to tip off the CID to those plans.
02[19:54] <@Dimitri> T1> This kind of action could turn every other colony AGAINST us. We barely forced Earth away... you think we can force everybody away? ::He grimaced.::
01[19:54] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she pauses and makes some gestures in the air - she's doing something, but it's ahrd to tell what it is. The lights in the headset she's wearing flicker a little. Then she replies:: Not very good as a tacpack. I'd call it a seismic charge. Good radius though. In the open, it'd have a good three-klick primary.
[19:55] <@Gabriel> ::quietly:: It may well come to that.
01[19:56] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> It takes a monster to stop a monster. You know that. You *know* it. ::She swallows harshly, her face going red with emotion:: That won't happen, Dimitri. This is going to end the war in one stroke. The colonies will *thank* us.
[19:58] <@Gabriel> 3 kilometer primary, which means a 30 kilomter secondary. Maybe more, in a confined environment like Gomorrah.
[19:58] <@Detro> ::checks over the data he has to see what kind of forces are in the area, but it's all orbital based::
01[19:58] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::glances sharply back at Gabriel, but says nothing::
02[19:58] <@Dimitri> T1> ::His own voice chokes, the sorrow flowing into his words. :: So you'd slaughter thousands to win this war. It's one thing to kill a soldier.. its another to slaughter civilians. Your asking me to turn my back on my planet, to let you commit murder. ::His face hardens. :: You are like family to me.. you know. You know how my family fought to try keep the Alliance alive.. but we did our best to not injure noncombantants..
[19:59] <@Gabriel> To say nothing of seismic effects. This planet is none too stable.
02[19:59] <@Dimitri> T1> But.. if you insist on becoming a murderer.. and doing this, then you will have to do it through me. If you plan to kill the people we are trying to enlist in our aid. You can start with spilling my own blood.
[19:59] <@Gabriel> ::mutters to himself:: Millions, Dimitri, millions!
05[19:59] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::frowns to himself:: +com+ Captain. Put yourself in the Commander's position. Given Dimitri and Delgado's response...is she letting them leave?
05[20:00] <@Ardelmos> T2> +com+ ....especially after he said taht.
[20:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ She is, Senior Sergeant. This is her new family, remember.
01[20:00] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she replies, almost with an unconcerned air:: The killer will be the radioactive rock vapours.
[20:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ I don't have a full handle on this woman yet, but I know she doesn't do this if her family's in harm's way.
[20:00] <@Detro> ::finishes checking, looking at Tynes:: From what we know of the drones and where Dimitri is right now, no way they'd be able to make an orbital attack there.
[20:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ She'll beg them to leave.
01[20:01] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She looks at Dimitri, her expression stunned and her eyes watery::
[20:01] <@Detro> No data on any ground troops that might be in the area...
02[20:02] <@Delgado> T1> ::-almost- pinches herself because this was all going very wrong, like a bad nightmare. She takes a minute to gather herself the nods:: You'll have to kill us as well, because we're not leaving Gomorrah. We're staying right here. ... But we're just another casualty of war, right?
[20:02] <@Ardelmos> +com+ ::grunts, then removes his eyes from the binoculars long enough to bend over and unzip the carrying bag for his rifle, pulling the Dartand out and setting it on top of the fabric before returning to the viewfinder::
02[20:02] <@Dimitri> T1> Hundreds. Thousands. Millions. If you plan to be a murderer. You start with my life. It's a simple as that Commandant. Afterall.. Don't I fall into that statistic?
05[20:02] <@Caelin> T2>::thinks a moment::+com+ if the bomb was placed into a fissure near the edge of the trench, it could be very devastating
[20:02] <@Melissa> ::frowns:: Can't tell you the fighter type the Tortoise carries. Someone else might want to take a crack at it though. Nothing in the files
01[20:02] <@Savant> In the safehouse, there's a subtle "bee-bee-bee-bee" of a phone, left on a countertop. It's Karas'.
[20:03] <@Melissa> ::looks at the suddenly ringing phone:: Umm...?
[20:03] <@Detro> ::looks over at the sound::
02[20:03] <@Dimitri> T1> ::His voice barely above a whisper. :: Your other option.. is to come home...
[20:03] <@Gabriel> ::reaches over and picks up the phone:: Go.
02[20:04] <@Delgado> T1> ::nods:: We're planning to go home. You can come with us. ... Please. Blia, it's not too late.
01[20:04] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> Gods... ::she puts her hands to her face,, her head bowed and shoulders shuddering.:: Of course not. Of course you aren't just a statistic. You aren't one of *them*.
02[20:05] <@Dimitri> T1> Then Blia. It's a moment of truth. You either go with this plan and become a murderer. Or you come home with your Family. ::He stares at her intently.::
[20:05] <@Detro> ::tries to think of anything he could figure out -- remembers that Tynes had been spouting off numbers... 3km... 30km...::
[20:05] <@Melissa> ::nonchalantly re-adjusts her pistol, just in case she needed to draw it and turns back to the Tortoise model:: Okay, let's see a simulation of that gate drive firing ::looks at the control panel and finds the right button:: To infinity and beyond ::presses the button::
01[20:05] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> :She exhales and scrubs her face:: And do what, wait for them to come again? When I'm old and grey and can't fight them anymore?"
01[20:06] <@Savant> Bee-bee-bee. Bee-bee-bee. Bee-bee-bee-bee. Click. "Hi, you've reached Karas Barthelemy. Leave a line." Beep.
02[20:06] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Offers her a half smile.:: If that's what happens Blia.. then We'll take care of you. That's what family does. Your fight is over. We have taken up the flag.
[20:07] <@Gabriel> ::holds the phone away from him and looks it over, obviously not familiar enough with Caprician equipment to open the line."
01[20:07] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she grits her teeth, her expression hard:: No. No, i'm not going to let you be the next ones to get rolled over by this horrible machine. I can't. I won't."
[20:08] <@Gabriel> ::sets the phone back down and goes back to concentrating ont he conversation::
02[20:09] <@Dimitri> T1> Then.. Blia.. you've lost sight of how a family works. Your not protecting us. Your going to make our hands the ones covered in this blood. Now its time for us to protect you. ::His hand reaches into his jacket holding his Sfika pistol out. Aimed for center mass. His face masked in sorrow.::
02[20:09] <@Delgado> T1> We're fighting! Damnit Blia, you know we're not helpless and never would be again. But you're going about this all -wrong-. You can't fight wars this way!
01[20:09] <@Savant> "Karas, Micharin. You better get down to the precinct house, quick. Cid's here, and he's pissed. Full inspection, new overseers, and a bunch of GREL with stun batons and shields. You - better yet, don't come. Not safe. Keep your head down." Click.
05[20:10] <@Ardelmos> T2> +com+ Shit shit shit. He just pulled his gun.
01[20:10] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She takes a step back, a look of horror washing over her face. Her mouth opens, but she can't seem to make out any words::
[20:10] <@Detro> ::puts his feeble knowledge of Caprice's geology to work, using one of the maps of the Trench obtained from the orbital data and the distances Tynes mentioned::
05[20:11] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::without taking his eyes out of the binoculars, reaches down and hauls up the Dartand and rests it on the edge of the wall, swapping from his binoculars to the scope in one smooth movement::
02[20:11] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Snaps a shot with the Sfika pistol, aiming for a more exposed portion where it looked as if she'd be unarmoured. ::
05[20:12] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::goes all business:: +com+ Shot fired.
[20:12] <@Gabriel> Sounds like our friend is out of a jo--
01[20:12] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> +subcom+ *beep* Hostile activity detected from friendly target. Switching to tactical observation mode. *beep*
[20:12] <@Gabriel> +com+ Roland, report!
02[20:12] <@Delgado> T1> ::gets a sudden deer-in-headlights look, but the rational side of her brain can't argue with what he's doing. ... For the most part. This -was- a nightmare:: Dimit--- ::just blinks as he fires::
[20:12] <@Detro> ::plots the fissure in the Umberto arm of the Trench, which looks sufficient enough. The Lots, yes, but Gallot? He looks to see if they have any census data or population totals for that area::
05[20:13] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::immediately begins identifying positions and targets in the dock yard, counting out ranges, bullet drop, and target priorities in his head:: +com+ Dimitri has opened fire on the Commander.
01[20:13] <@Savant> The drones' viewport is suddenly filled with faint luminescence - cones projecting form every weapon in the area, amny in different colours. Dimitri's is white, which flashes brightly as he takes the shot.
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ...idiot! ::turns his attention back to the trideo::
[20:14] <@Gabriel> +com+ Recon team, prepare to move in. Report weapons.
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::heads for his duffel to get his own sidearm and taser::
[20:14] <@Detro> ...Jwei Gai Won Se... 8.9 million...
[20:14] <@Ardelmos> +com+ Captain, there's at least 35 targets in the dockyard.
01[20:15] <@Savant> Blia's look of shock only deepens as she looks down at the dart sprouting form her torso. She staggers backwards, looking desperately up at the two Talons before she collapses backwards into the dust with a quiet thump.
05[20:15] <@Caelin> T2>::scans the area while listening in::+com+the liberati outside haven't made any moves to indicate they've noticed what's happening
[20:15] <@Gabriel> +com+ Recon team, if you go in, it's with the express purpose of getting Dimitri and Delgado out, not killing anyone.
[20:15] <@Gabriel> ::waits to see if the guards had Blia under observation::
02[20:16] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Looks at Xochitl. :: It's a sedative round. It was... insurance. +Com+ Target is Sedated. Requesting route of exit. ::His voice was cold, machine like. ::
[20:16] <@Ardelmos> ::pulls back from the scope and peeks over the edge of the wall to see if he can quickly clamber down the side of the building to get to the ground, or whether he's going to have to run down the stairwell::
01[20:16] <@Savant> The Liberati apaprently trust the Ravens - or Blia at least. They dont' seem to notice the engagement.
[20:17] <@Melissa> ::sits back and watches the gate drive simulation::
02[20:17] <@Delgado> T1> D... Dimitri.... ::squeaks out, her face completely ashen. She blinks a bit, regaining herself a bit once he says it was just a sedative:: O-Ok. And... ::licks her lips, trying to think:: And to get out of here? With her?
[20:17] <@Melissa> ::interested in the energy readouts::
[20:17] <@Gabriel> ::curses quietly to himself in Highlands, that language having the best words for it::
[20:17] <@Gabriel> What, in the Prophet's name was the plan here?
[20:17] <@Gabriel> ::waits to see if Dimitri will check in::
[20:18] <@Detro> ::puts the map into storage, in case they'll need it:: This is bad... this is VERY bad...
02[20:18] <@Dimitri> T1> That was the plan. She either came with us willingly.. or unwillingly. It was her choice. If we let anyone else get involved they'd slaughter her..
02[20:18] <@Delgado> T1> ::pulls out her mediglove, slipping it on and checking Blia's vitals quickly:: Yes, but once again, how are we going to get out of here with -her- and -them- out there?
[20:18] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts and goes back to the scope:: +com+ Captain, one minute to ground. Three minutes to location.
[20:19] <@Gabriel> ::when he does:: +com+ Dimitri, you seem to have shot your former Commander.
[20:19] <@Gabriel> +com+ What exactly was your plan on getting her out... through 35 heavily-armed Liberati?
[20:19] <@Gabriel> +com+ Recon team, please tell me there's a back door they can use.
[20:20] <@Ardelmos> ::flips back to the macrobinoculars and zooms out to get a better view of the yard, particularly minding the cameras::
02[20:21] <@Dimitri> T1> +Com+ The Commandant was being unreasonable. I took measures to sedate her. I assumed that You would have had a backup plan Tynes. Isn't that what you specialize in?
[20:21] <@Detro> ::seeing that things have apparently impacted the ventilation unit, Detro turns on his comms and listens in::
02[20:21] <@Delgado> T1> ::shoots Dimitri a withering glance:: Goading Tynes right now probably isn't the best idea...
05[20:22] <@Caelin> T2>::looks over the area again, finding where he can open a hole for the talons to escape, pulling out a haywire grenade in the process::
05[20:22] <@Ardelmos> T2> +com+ Captain, there's six primary targets on high alert -- the others are focused on their normal duties. One minding the cameras, five others monitoring the yard.
02[20:22] <@Dimitri> T1> Tynes has proven he is adept at improvising. It isn't Goading. ::He glances at her. His voice rather flat. :: Frankly. If he can't figure out how to get us out of here, then I'm not sure what else we could do.
[20:23] <@Gabriel> +com+ Hold one, contact team. Recon team, and that back door?
05[20:24] <@Caelin> T2>+com+ stand by
02[20:24] <@Delgado> T1> ::curses and starts tapping at her mediglove:: Goddamnit Dimitri, did you load this yourself? She's going into severe respiratory depression. ... Next time, stay the fuck out of my supplies or ask me. ::tries to figure out just enough of an opioid blocker to save her but keep her out::
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::frowns:: +subcom+ Waeps on an do, relligs estraeson Armiger Caelin.
02[20:25] <@Dimitri> T1> ::stares at Xochitl impassively as she curses at him:: Then do what you do best doc.
[20:25] <@Gabriel> +com+ Contact team, you saw the people outside, I didn't. Are they likely to be reasonable if you try to convince them that Blia's had a medical emergency?
[20:25] <@Gabriel> +com+ Or will they just throw you out and treat her themselves?
[20:25] <@Detro> ::calls up what maps he has of the area the team is in, and looks for any back ways out::
[20:26] <@Ardelmos> +com+ With a body, there's no way they're getting out of there unnoticed, Captain. If they go it alone, they may have a chance.
02[20:26] <@Dimitri> T1> +Coms+ It's possible since they know we're also Talons. We could atempt it.
05[20:27] <@Caelin> T2>::places the grenade and sets the fuse before moving away::+subcom+ideally they will not be needed freja, but thanks
02[20:27] <@Delgado> T1> ::snorts:: -You- can try it. You saw the look of those guys. They're all ready to shoot at a gnat.
[20:27] <@Gabriel> +com+ Recon team, if you go down there, can you help them with the body?
02[20:27] <@Dimitri> T1> +Com+ She's in her BDU's, we could atempt to extract her stealthfully. I believe its possible.
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ I waen has ow kelleg off tes faelix, Caelin.
05[20:29] <@Caelin> T2>::arrives at his new position::+com+ have them come out the west side in a moment, i'll be there to assist
[20:29] <@Melissa> ::turns her attention to the radio to see what might be coming on the news::
[20:30] <@Detro> ::patches in the video feeds coming in::
05[20:30] <@Ardelmos> T2> +com+ ::lets out a long breath through his mouth:: It'll take seven to eight minutes for me to get my ass in there. Maybe another five or six to get the body out...if I can do it without being seen with a fucking body draped over my back.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> +com+ Contact team, try to get out via the wall to your left.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> +com+ Recon team, move in and assist.
[20:31] <@Gabriel> +com+ Do your best. If it goes south, leave Blia there and get our people out. ::puts a very subtle emphasis on "our"::
02[20:31] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Glances down at Xochitl:: Is she in a condition to be moved?
05[20:31] <@Caelin> T2>::frowns: +subcom+[AS] i know, but we need these terranovans to help us, if they don't wish it, we have to abide
01[20:31] <@Savant> Melissa turns the radio on ot the sound of a stirring and inspirational Terran march.
05[20:31] <@Ardelmos> T2> Motherfucking motherfuckers... ::snatches the macrobinoculars off the wall and stows them, then collects the rifle bag and stows that as well before hopping over the wall and starting to clamber down the side of the building using various pipes and handholds::
[20:32] <@Melissa> This should be interesting ::mutters to herself::
02[20:32] <@Delgado> T1> ::takes a deep breath and nods:: Yeah, she's stable. ... We're so fucked.
[20:32] <@Detro> ::pulls stills from the feeds, and plots them on their map:: +com+ Recon team, I'm downloading a map of your area based on our records and your video feeds. It should help you identify an appropriate route.
[20:32] <@Detro> ::taps into the data channel and transmits the map::
01[20:32] <@Savant> At about the same time, there's a loud BANG on the opposite side of the lot. Lightning blasts up from the ground and frames the metal containers in lines of light and power as the haywire grenade goes off.
02[20:33] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Leans down and carefully pulls Blia onto his shoulder. :: +Com+ Acknowledged Captain. ::And begins to carefully move in the direction Gabriel advised, keeping to the shadows. ::
05[20:33] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::hits the ground running, low, and starts jaunting from alley to alley, using as much cover as he can as he makes his way through the streets in the direction of the lot::
01[20:34] <@Savant> At the same time, Gabriels' screen gets a lot more complicated. Another pair of camera views come into life, these ones flying at relatively high speed through a maze of amber light, girders, and darkness.
[20:34] <@Detro> ::keeps updating the map as best he can given the feeds he's getting::
02[20:34] <@Delgado> T1> That's our cue. ::helps Dimitri shoulder the akward load of Blia, moving toward the designated exit::
02[20:34] <@Dimitri> T1> We signed up for the Talons Doc. That's the definition of fucked. ::He half smirks::
02[20:37] <@Delgado> T1> ::speaks in barely an audible whisper as they move:: Yeah, but I must've missed the 'Shoot your CO' lecture. ::actually chuckles once:: We're getting drunk after this.
01[20:37] <@Savant> Roland, Dimitri and Delgado all realize - along with Detro back at the base - that there's a section of the fence that's pulled up from the ground, butted up behind one of the containers. It can't be seen by the cameras, but getting there without making the fence jingle will be difficult
05[20:38] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::slips in beside the fence, keeping to the shadows, and pulls out his WFP Army knife after setting his rifle down beside him::
02[20:38] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Chuckles:: Well.. I made it to the 'stopping your CO from making poor choices' lecture. The drinks sound fantastic. :: He eyes the fence.:: You go first, and then pull Blia through carefully.. I'll help from here.. ::
[20:39] <@Detro> ::is about to point out the gap to Roland, but sees where he's going::
05[20:39] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::flicks his fingers along the tools and pulls out an appropriate blade/scissor combo to begin widening the 'gap' under the fence::
01[20:39] <@Savant> 5Waeps Assault Drone> ::These creepy drones' voices speak in tandem, a soft female synthetic sort of voice:: +subcom+ *beep* Way sarva, hae Armiger.
[20:39] <@Melissa> ::continues to listen to the station::
[20:40] <@Gabriel> ::watches the team's back as best he can over the trideo, ready to offer advice or encouragement about anything he sees::
02[20:40] <@Delgado> T1> ::chews her bottom lip as she quickly assesses the fence, then nods as she lets go of Blia and makes for the fence:: Oh goddamnit. ::mutters as she sees Roland::
01[20:40] <@Savant> The Liberati react well. They note the explosion but don't react frantically - the bulk of idle soldiers head over to the BOOM, gatheirng weapons on their way. The guards fan out and begin talking to one another over their radio, scouring the compound.
02[20:41] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Eyes Roland warily as he glances around, and if the coast is clear, begins to move Blia towards the fence as soon as Xochitl reaches it. ::
01[20:42] <@Savant> The two flying drones fan out from one another, leaving Gabriel briefly sick to his sotmach as the once stereoscopic view form the two spreads out wide. They perch upon bits of metal or building, overwatching the scene.
[20:42] <@Gabriel> ::to himself:: Come on... come on... they're not going to expect the conversation to go on forever.
[20:42] <@Gabriel> ::closes his eyes until the image settles down a bit::
05[20:42] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::begins cutting portions of the chain link around where it's pulled up in order to open the gap big enough for the others to get through without rattling it too much::
[20:42] <@Detro> They'll make it out, sir. I know they will.
02[20:42] <@Delgado> T1> ::uses the widening to help slink through quietly and try to turn back and pull Blia through:: Thanks. ::to Roland::
05[20:43] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::slips the knife back into its pouch and buttons it closed, then picks his rifle back up again::
05[20:43] <@Caelin> T2>::curses in his native language and pulls out a second grenade, moving to the other side of the compound to set it off::
02[20:43] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Pushes Blia gently through the gap towards Delgado, pushing her gently, while being mindful of the fence, and not wanting to disturb it. Knowing a thanks is wasted on Roland he still gives him a curt nod. ::
05[20:44] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::remains on one knee and brings his rifle up, covering the area behind the fence where a guard might come running::
05[20:45] <@Caelin> T2>::sets a shorter fuse and quickly moves away::
01[20:45] <@Savant> With her hands under Blia's armpits and with Dimitri carrying her feet off the ground, the two of them manage to extract Blia from the gap. Roland can hear footsteps from behind the container at the same time.
[20:45] <@Gabriel> +com+ Team, you've got a guard, armed, walking patrol right to left in front of you. Do not kill him.
[20:46] <@Gabriel> +com+ He'll come visible to you in about a minute.
02[20:46] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Draws the Sfika pistol, at the sound of Tyne's voice, waiting patiently until Blia is under the fence before moving under it as well ::
05[20:46] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::grinds his teeth slightly, wondering exactly how he's supposed to deal with him, then, while the two Talon07 members are fumbling with the body::
01[20:47] <@Savant> There's another BOOM, and thunder peals across the compound. There's a bright flash of light and the Talons can see a guard throw himself to the guard around the corner which Roland just heard footsteps
02[20:47] <@Delgado> T1> ::pulls out Blia quickly, getting her through the fence then hisses softly at Dimitri:: Come on!
02[20:48] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Turns to make his way under the fence, the thunderclap startling him until he's on the other side. :: Lets get going
02[20:49] <@Dimitri> T1> ::Reaches back down to pull up Blia, carrying her dead weight::
01[20:50] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Waeps on, scacorte.
05[20:51] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::begins backing up, letting the two with the body go first as he moves towards the nearest building corner::
01[20:51] <@Savant> Several Liberati are on the ground now, heart attacks having overtaken them from being too close to the blast of the haywire grenade radiuses. Otherwise, the Talons seem to have escaped unscathed.
02[20:52] <@Delgado> T1> ::R
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[20:52] <@Detro> sighs in relief as they seem to be making good on their escape::
[20:53] <@Gabriel> ::is frowning more and more, wondering how this mission could possibly get more screwed up::
[20:53] <@Gabriel> +com+ Team, get back to the safehouse, expedite.
05[20:53] <@Ardelmos> T2> ::pulls back around the corner and continues moving backwards, covering the corner of the building for another block before pulling his rifle up and turning to move forwards behind the two others::
05[20:54] <@Caelin> T2>::frowns as some of the liberati who were a little too close to the grenade blast, didn't fare too well::+subcom+[AS] recall the waeps, freya
01[20:54] <@Savant> After the deafening explosions of the grenades, the empty streets of this lower level seems too quiet. But it's not too long before the recovery vehicle is arrived upon and the Talons can return to their safehouse.
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] They're escorting you out now. That was good work.
03[20:56] * Prescot (~shadow_fj@c-71-59-186-59.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
03[20:56] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
05[20:57] <@Caelin> T2>::nods::+subcom+ thank you
01[20:57] <@Savant> The minutes drag on, and before too long Roland, Dimitri and Xochitl are entering the cramped greenhouses which the Talons are currently calling home
[20:58] <@Detro> ::has gone back to going over the data... but he's got one computer up with the projected casualties from the nuke going off: 8.9 million dead in the initial blasts alone, most likely::
[20:58] <@Ardelmos> ::walks back into the safehouse and pulls up the visor on his stealth suit, moving over to the corner and setting his rifle down before removing his helmet::
[20:59] <@Gabriel> ::waits for the others to enter, giving Roland a respectful nod::
[21:00] <@Dimitri> ::Brings Blia in, with her over his shoulder, settling her down gently on a chair.::
[21:00] <@Melissa> ::leaves the radio going and goes back to the data and the sim::
[21:00] <@Ardelmos> ::returns the nod with a half-salute and sits down in a chair, immediately pulling a stick of gum out from some pocket and tossing it into his mouth to chew on heartily and save his enamel::
[21:00] <@Caelin> ::shortly after, caelin walks in pulling off his helmet and slowly emerging from his armiger::
[21:00] <@Delgado> ::walks in behind Dimitri, nice sheen of sweat on her now though mostly from nerves and adrenaline. The adrenaline's wearing off now and Xochitl looks like crap and -not- in a good mood to be trifled with::
01[21:01] <@Savant> A spherical Spidhra scuttles in beside Rolands' legs as the Talons walk in; the thing skitters over to the corner of the room beneath a long planting tray and hunches down, dropping down to standby
[21:01] <@Gabriel> How is she, Doctor?
[21:01] <@Gabriel> ::to Caelin:: I'd like your drone to estimate Liberati killed, Caelin.
[21:01] <@Gabriel> Can it do that?
01[21:01] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Heads over to Caelin and begins helping him out of the bulky Armiger suit. It's clearly a two-man job.:: [AS] Easy?
[21:02] <@Delgado> ::nods idly as she wipes at her forehead with her forearm:: She's stable. Likely to be out for another hour or so, unless I continue to keep her sedated.
[21:03] <@Dimitri> ;:Stares down at Blia's form, watching the steady but light breathing. ::
[21:03] <@Gabriel> Good. ::turns to Dimitri:: Protector, I want to understand this. It seemed clear that Blia would not have used the nuke while you were in harm's way. It was equally clear that she had control of the other Highlands First members.
[21:03] <@Gabriel> Can you explain to me why you removed her from that environment?
03[21:03] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[21:04] <@Gabriel> I'm having a hard time understanding why you removed that group's conscience.
[21:04] <@Caelin> ::shrugs as his arms are freed::[AS] could have gone better
[21:04] <@Dimitri> ::Looks up at Tynes. :: I did not assess the situation as such. If left to her own devices the Liberati most likely would have pushed for it regardless. I did what I believed was right. While securing a Talon unfit for duty.
[21:05] <@Ardelmos> ::removes his gloves and sets them on the ground in front of him, and then leans back in his chair::
[21:05] <@Gabriel> I see. And what is your recommendation now?
01[21:05] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::sets down the arm plates and reaches around his waist to unclasp the heavy breastplate armature:: [AS] You got out. It's just one tacpack. We can do a snatch and grab if they're that worried about it.
[21:05] <@Delgado> ::just shakes her head slowly, as lost as everyone else in the situation::
[21:06] <@Dimitri> I recommend she be sent back to Terranova for debriefing and psychological evaluation. Sir.
[21:06] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: And the others here? ::waves one hand toward the compound::
[21:06] <@Birkin> ::gets up from his sitting position, shaking off the sleep he had been allowed::
[21:07] <@Delgado> ::shakes her head:: They'll move forward regardless.
[21:07] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I'm asking the Protector's recommendation. What does he recommend we do.
[21:07] <@Ardelmos> ::looks over beside him as Birkin gets up, and offers him a stick of gum::
[21:08] <@Caelin> ::nods::[AS]i'll advise the terranovan captain ::looks back a moment to gabriel and nods to him:: i will check
[21:08] <@Birkin> ::Takes the gum:: What happened.
[21:08] <@Delgado> ::glances between Gabriel and Dimitri then nods once as she takes a semi-formal stance for Gabriel::
01[21:08] <@Savant> Birkin wakes up to see a cluster of glassy eyes watching him from the ball-shaped body of a Utopian Spider drone.
[21:08] <@Ardelmos> He ::points at Dimitri:: shot her ::points at Blia's form:: and we had to extract her back here.
[21:09] <@Detro> ::stays well out of it... in the time since the team left the op area, he's managed to get a lead on where to go for all the information they could hopefully ever need to find on Bastille Alpha::
[21:09] <@Dimitri> ::Stares at Gabriel hard for a moment. :: Sir. I believe they would continue witht their chosen path regardless of what Blia had recommended. Otherwise. I would recommend securing the current amount of uranium. Or else alerting CID.
[21:09] <@Birkin> ::jumps up a bit:: Son of a... ::waves at the drone as he catches sight of it:: So this is what I get for unclicking my safety near one of you..
[21:09] <@Gabriel> ::nods without looking at Roland:: And you did an excellent job of it, Senior Sergeant, Caelin. Well done. I'm trying to understand why it was necessary.
01[21:09] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she helps Caelin climb out from the suit, freeing him:: [AS] Maybe he should just get rid of this group. It'd be easier.
[21:10] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Dimitri:: So your recommendation is that we kill upwards of 30 of our allies... or else put people who have knowledge of many aspects of Liberati operations, including El-Hayar's plans... into the hands of CID interrogators.
[21:10] <@Gabriel> That is your recommendation, Protector? Am I understanding you fully?
[21:10] <@Delgado> ::just stares straight at the wall in her stance, though she can feel a bead of sweat making it's way down the side of her face at Dimitri's drilling::
[21:10] <@Birkin> ::looks at Gabriel:: ... What. ::back to Roland for an explanation::
[21:11] <@Ardelmos> They've got a nuke.
[21:11] <@Birkin> They as in... Who?
01[21:11] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::moans fitfully and tosses to one side::
[21:11] <@Ardelmos> Blia's little personal army of Highlands First fanatics she was chumming with.
[21:11] <@Melissa> ::currently remains silent::
[21:11] <@Dimitri> ::looks impassive. :: I said secure the facility. I did not say execute deadly force. The CID recommendation was to remove it from Liberati hands in the fact that we may not have the appropriate manpower in order to do such an operation. However sir, I believe your are overstepping your bounds by asking a command decision of a Protector. I am ill suited to make this judgement.
[21:11] <@Caelin> ::moves over to the spidhra drone and makes a few gestures to it asking about casualties, chuckling a bit:: [AS]these are a strange people, the way they work together
[21:11] <@Delgado> ::curses softly and pulls out her mediglove, quickly moving over to Blia and examining her::
[21:11] <@Gabriel> ::to Birkin:: Highlands First. The same people who want to kill -- if possible -- every CEF collaborator in the trench. And they define that rather... ::smiles archly:: broadly.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: And yet you have already made such a command decision, Protector.
[21:12] <@Ardelmos> ::blinks once or twice at Dimitri having the gall to accuse someone else of overstepping their bounds::
[21:12] <@Gabriel> So I was under the impression that you'd have no problem making another. I see I was wrong. That will be all.
[21:13] <@Delgado> ::looks at the readouts on Blia:: She's metabolizing quicker than I expected. She will be up within 20-30 minutes without intervention. ::looks up at Tynes for orders::
[21:13] <@Gabriel> ::puts his back to Dimitri and turns to Delgado, pointing at Blia:: See to her. Make her comfortable. She's obviously in some kind of discomfort.
[21:13] <@Dimitri> ::Gives a stiff salute to Gabriel, still impassive.:: Sir.
[21:13] <@Birkin> ::frowns:: Do we know where they are planning on using it?
[21:14] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Birkin:: Paladin Lots, or more precisely, the fault structure underneath it, if I was following Sous-Sergent Detro's investigations.
[21:14] <@Ardelmos> Fault line under Gallot and Paladin lots. Probably bring down half the trench.
[21:14] <@Gabriel> We've known for some time that there is a complex of tunnels down there.
[21:14] <@Caelin> ::frowns and turns back to the captain:: the spidhra reports 2, maybe 3 dead, 6 to 8 more injured, though they are expected to survive
[21:14] <@Dimitri> ::Turns back, moving himself to another room. The Drilling rather unphasing to him. He'd seen worse than an angry officer. He however does settle down in a side room, reviewing the entire night over this HUI, having recorded the entire night.::
[21:14] <@Detro> ::pipes up as he hears what's being said:: The Umberto Arm. The Lots, and Gallot Hub
[21:14] <@Delgado> ::purses her lips once then speaks again, clarifiying:: She's fighting the sedative. Shall I continue to keep her sedated? ... Sir.
[21:14] <@Ardelmos> You might remember hauling your ass through them on our way out ::snaps his gum::
[21:14] <@Birkin> ::rubs his forhead:: That cocked up plan they had back at the meeting?
[21:15] <@Detro> ::punches in the last of his findings, and gets up, joining the others while stretching his legs. Sometimes being short was handy::
[21:15] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Birkin:: The very one. Somehow, they've got a mining nuke past the weapons detectors and into the city.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> Quite a trick, I must say.
[21:15] <@Ardelmos> Actually, from what Blia was saying, she had the uranium brought to her, and she had it enriched and spun out.
[21:16] <@Ardelmos> I don't think it's a standard mining nuke.
[21:16] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: A minor point. Point is that the Gomorran weapons detectors should be preventing such a thing.
[21:16] <@Gabriel> Obviously, they can be compromised if you know the right people.
[21:16] <@Ardelmos> ::shrugs:: Might've been made right there
[21:16] <@Birkin> Uraninum? Who would be willing to compromise on that. It would have be a fanatic to let something like that through
[21:16] <@Birkin> Espically weapons grade
[21:16] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Delgado and shakes his head:: Bring her out of it.
[21:17] <@Ardelmos> ::glances at Tynes, then ubuttons the holster on his sidearm::
[21:17] <@Gabriel> It's time that the Protector face the person he betrayed.
01[21:17] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:17] <@Caelin> ::nods to roland::scildfreja said it was a very messy device, possibly put together quickly with inadequate equipment
[21:18] <@Delgado> ::glances once at Dimitri then back to Gabriel:: Aye sir. ... She's not going to be happy. ::says that as a warning. She quickly checks Blia for any weapons, removes them, then readies the medication to wake her up::
[21:18] <@Birkin> Why... ::staring at the Commandant:: That undermines everything we've tried to do here. Absolutely -everything- ::smirks slightly:: But it does solve our problems doesnt it?
01[21:18] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:18] <@Gabriel> Heh. Well, wouldn't do for our lives to be boring, would it?
01[21:18] <@Savant> we'll add those in
01[21:18] <@Savant> i just really liked that as an ending line
01[21:18] <@Savant> comments, questions, etc?
[21:18] <@Gabriel> Next time, you guys wear wires. Wink
[21:19] <@Gabriel> You were doing fabulous, right up until the second you shot her, Dimitri. Wink
01[21:19] <@Savant> that was AWESOME
06[21:19] * @Delgado grins
01[21:19] <@Savant> thank you for being awesome, Dimitri.
06[21:19] * @Melissa twiddles thumbs
[21:19] <@Dimitri> She wasen't going to change her mind. I'm not psychologist.
[21:19] <@Detro> heh
[21:19] <@Dimitri> But I did have a Plan B Wink
03[21:19] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
01[21:19] <@Savant> I look forward to next game.
[21:19] <@Gabriel> You didn't even have a plan A, man. Wink
[21:19] <@Dimitri> Plan C was a lot.. well more painful.
[21:19] <@Delgado> Hah
[21:19] <@Dimitri> Heheh.
[21:20] <@Dimitri> Well, that was my plan actually Wink It worked out great.
01[21:20] <@Savant> you should have joined her.
[21:20] <@Dimitri> joined the nuke side eh?
01[21:20] <@Savant> together you can rule the galaxy, as - yeah
06[21:20] * @Delgado snickers
[21:20] <@Caelin> lol
01[21:20] <@Savant> so, expees
01[21:20] <@Savant> one is for the game. Two is for teamwork. What sort of teamwork happened today?
[21:20] <@Caelin> yes plees
[21:20] <@Ardelmos> Heh heh. Pees.
[21:20] <@Detro> Just to let you guys know, Detro's report to Tynes on the intel we've gathered is that most of the ground data is too corporate, while the data we got off the Arclight is limited heavily to orbital operations only.
[21:21] <@Dimitri> Delgado and Dimitri did carry Blia with epic strength
[21:21] <@Delgado> I helped cover Dimitri's butt? Wink
[21:21] <@Dimitri> and Roland did come to our rescue.
[21:21] <@Delgado> Yeah, I became an amazon.
[21:21] <@Detro> There's a server in the Cayonn hub, north of where our safehouse is, that we'll need to look into for Bastille Alpha data.
[21:21] <@Dimitri> He even cut out a little of our fence.
[21:21] <@Gabriel> Everyone had a job to do, which was nice. All the jobs were still very connected, which I thought was great.
[21:21] <@Dimitri> We were all very , well supportive of eachother in a tactical sense
[21:21] <@Detro> And I'll consider that info my contribution to the team today, heh
[21:21] <@Dimitri> everybody was watching everybodies back.
[21:21] <@Gabriel> Gabriel was kind of the bridge, which isn't a role that I relish too much, but I have to admit, was effective tonight.
[21:21] <@Delgado> Word.
01[21:22] <@Savant> it's a commander's job
01[21:22] <@Savant> i think you've earned that point tonight, so you get 2. Three is for storyline. Tell me about what you've learned today that is important in the grande scheme of things
[21:22] <@Gabriel> No nukes! No nukes! No nukes!
[21:22] <@Caelin> nukes, nukes and more nukes
[21:22] <@Gabriel> ::coughs:: Sorry.
[21:22] <@Ardelmos> Stuff's gonna really splode.
01[21:23] <@Savant> ehehheh
[21:23] <@Detro> We learned a lot about the CEF's orbital operations.
[21:23] <@Gabriel> The main thing we learned is that Highlands First isn't bluffing. We knew they were zealots. We just weren't connected into how much.
[21:23] <@Delgado> Not twat! No tw--- wait, wrong chant.
01[21:23] <@Savant> Dimitri, put Gabriel and CAelin's lines there in the wiki section for humour Wink
[21:23] <@Detro> We learned there's a ground server we need to hack for more on Bastille.
01[21:23] <@Savant> that's awesome.
01[21:23] <@Savant> <@Caelin> nukes, nukes and more nukes
01[21:23] <@Savant> <@Gabriel> ::coughs:: Sorry.
[21:23] <@Delgado> And they got uranium.
01[21:23] <@Savant> plus the one above that, i guess
[21:23] <@Delgado> And smuggled it in.
[21:23] <@LrdVampyre> that there is a group of liberati willing to blow up the entire trench
[21:24] <@Gabriel> And yeah, the stuff that Melissa and Detro found out is gonna be helpful to us in the future.
[21:24] <@Gabriel> Particularly the massive escalation in terms of orbital drop forces and capabilities.
01[21:24] <@Savant> lots of tactical and strategic storytelling going on today. I like it.
[21:24] <@Birkin> Yeah someone is willing to smuggle in weapons grade uranium, or else smuggle in uranium ore... And there's a refinery site that the CEF doesn't have under lock and key
[21:24] <@Gabriel> That's gotta be taking away from 8th Fleet refitting.
[21:24] <@Detro> Very helpful. And I've already updated the wiki with the new information.
[21:24] <@Gabriel> And thereby delaying the invasion of TN.
[21:24] <@Detro> They've only got 6 more stations to add drone modules to.
06[21:24] * @Delgado nods
[21:25] <@Birkin> So does this mean we'll have a TN to go home to?
[21:25] <@Ardelmos> We're going to have to transition more to delayed bombings and such as opposed to assault strikes.
01[21:25] <@Savant> i want to see your plans for Bastille Alpha Wink
[21:26] <@Birkin> two musical bombs
01[21:26] <@Savant> Blia is awesome.
[21:26] <@Birkin> and a smile
[21:26] <@Caelin> birkin, it's basically a Dirty Bomb the darrik's have, but designed to be used as more of a seismic charge that could bring the walls of the trench down on PL and most of gallot hub
[21:26] <@Delgado> lol
[21:26] <@Gabriel> We're kind of supporting the Maribold/El-Hayar raid on the place, rather than attacking it ourselves.
[21:26] <@Birkin> those nukes that I inspected weren't dirty bombs, they were full on nukes
[21:26] <@Gabriel> But yeah, we're gonna have to help them with strategic planning, a bit.
[21:26] <@Birkin> just not very high tech ones
01[21:26] <@Savant> the nuke on your ticker was definately a nuke.
01[21:27] <@Savant> anyways! lots to mull over. That's three
[21:27] <@Detro> "Nuke 'em, Rico!"
01[21:27] <@Savant> Four if you tell me what your favourite event of the night was.
[21:27] <@Dimitri> The shock on everyones face when I pew pewed Blia.
[21:27] <@Detro> ::grins:: Seeing Tynes go apeshit over someone messing up his plans again.
[21:27] <@Caelin> lol yeah
[21:27] <@Ardelmos> Yeah, that.
[21:27] <@LrdVampyre> oh, i know...watching the simulation of the gate drive firing
[21:27] <@Gabriel> Roland actually questioning an order from Gabriel.
[21:28] <@Gabriel> Apparently, the man does have a limit, somewhere.
[21:28] <@Gabriel> Pity. Wink
[21:28] <@Dimitri> Roland questioned an order? I missed that
[21:28] <@Ardelmos> What order?
[21:28] <@Gabriel> Gabriel said, "go in." Roland said, "there's 35 guys there."
[21:28] <@Gabriel> Like Chuck Norris couldn't take 35 guys.
[21:28] <@Delgado> hah
[21:28] <@Gabriel> Roland had a tiny moment of doubt. That isn't a great moment. That's a historic moment. Wink
[21:28] <@Ardelmos> You said prepare to go in. I was just telling you how many people were gonna die. Wink
[21:28] <@Delgado> "Go in." "Uh, no."
01[21:28] <@Savant> ahaahaa
[21:29] <@Delgado> ahaha, that was great.
[21:29] <@Caelin> lol
01[21:29] <@Savant> awesome, Fraser. awesome Wink
[21:29] <@Delgado> "Do NOT kill anyone"
[21:29] <@Gabriel> "How many do you think you could handle?" "Not more than 10." "Leaving 20 for me." Wink
[21:29] <@Gabriel> Ah, OK. I just misinterpreted, then. I guess that's OK, then. Wink
[21:30] <@Delgado> He doesn't hesitate. He calculates his rounds.
[21:30] <@Dimitri> he makes sure he has enough ammo Wink
01[21:30] <@Savant> that's four for everyone, and five for Melissa. I'm going to give six to Dimitri and Delgado, because this was sort of a character-focus game and they did very well.
[21:30] <@Caelin> the 2 or 3 dead was my fault actually, placed the second distraction grenade a little too close to some people
01[21:30] <@Savant> that said, I look forward to next week. Adjourned!
01[21:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Black Talons in Session'
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Dimitri> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:30] <@Ardelmos> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Delgado> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Mem> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> hello and welcome one and all to another exciting episode of the Black Talons. Tonight we shall witness the thrilling conclusion of last week's dramatic cliffhanger
03[18:31] * Savant sets mode: +o Caelin
[18:31] <@Birkin> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> Let me brief you, and then I will entertain questions.
01[18:31] <@Savant> 2Black Talons
01[18:31] <@Savant> 2 12 Lares 275LC, 1100h - Morning - (17S TN1945)
01[18:31] <@Savant> 2 Polonium District, Mineral Forest Hub, Gomorrah, Caprice.
01[18:31] <@Savant> 2 5 degrees Celcius, 4% humidity, 95 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:31] <@Savant> Now look what you've done. The CEF is *furious* with you, and now the Liberati aren't so happy either. At least they don't know it's you that has compromised their plan to blow up the Umberto Arm of the Cat's Eye Trench. Not yet anyways.
01[18:31] <@Savant> Now look at the dilemma you have on your hands. You've got a Talon ex-Commandant whose sanity is questionable on your hands, and you've got a group of hostile Liberati running about Gomorrah with a nuke, and a hostile Terran army which has scented blood and is on the prowl.
01[18:31] <@Savant> Hope you have a plan. Hope it includes some SPF 10,000+ sunblock.
01[18:31] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:32] <@Ardelmos> ack
[18:32] <@Detro> ack! I packed SPF 10,000 sunblock. It blew up on BT09's Fury! -_-
[18:32] <@Dimitri> ack
[18:32] <@Mem> ack
[18:32] <@Birkin> ack
[18:32] <@Delgado> ack
[18:32] <@Caelin> ack
01[18:33] <@Savant> and have you any questions?
[18:33] <@Ardelmos> ::raises::
01[18:33] <@Savant> Roland?
[18:33] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:33] <@Ardelmos> What matter of alcohol complements tonight's game?
[18:33] <@Detro> Music?
03[18:34] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:34] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
01[18:34] <@Savant> i've got a bottle of rum here which has slowly been ticking its way downwards. Scotch if you're on Blia's side, though
[18:34] <@Ardelmos> Rum it is.
01[18:34] <@Savant> Music? Something subdued yet aggressive would be a good idea.
[18:34] <@Delgado> scoootch
01[18:34] <@Savant> anything further? We are obviously picking up where we left off.
03[18:34] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:35] <@Detro> Excalibur it is then
01[18:35] <@Savant> seems like a no. Let's roll it on out then.
[18:35] <@Mem> So about to interrogate Blia?
01[18:35] <@Savant> er, yeah, we're at that stage
[18:35] <@Mem> k
01[18:35] <@Savant> let's roll it on out.
01[18:35] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:36] <@Savant> The safehouse you've got is somehow dim and bright at the same time - it's a long, rusty, damp, mouldering sort of a room filled with racked troughs of plants, with intensely bright sun lamps suspended above them. The light is restraicted dwon onto the greenery, leaving the rest of the room dim and disorienting.
[18:36] <@Gabriel> ::paces back and forth, waiting for Blia to come out of it::
[18:37] <@Melissa> ::approaches Caelin and the other Utopian::
[18:37] <@Dimitri> ::Stands slightly to the side, watching Blia. The time feeling as if he was waiting for water to boil and watching it all the while. ::
[18:37] <@Ardelmos> ::is still lounging on his chair, hands on his lap while chewing away at his gum -- he had unclasped the latch on his holsters though, at some point.
[18:38] <@Ardelmos> :::
[18:38] <@Mem> ::does not pace, but sits near Tynes, computer nearby, reclined and waiting::
[18:38] <@Delgado> ::kneels by Blia, her hand with the mediglove holding into the inside of Blia's elbow as she delivered the medication that would wake her up and watched her vitals::
01[18:38] <@Savant> In the centre of the hydroponics room, one of the racks has been removed, leaving an area wide enough that the taller of you can allmost stretch out between the rows, and long enough that you can all fit in the green corridor without too much trouble.
[18:38] <@Melissa> ::to the Utopians:: Err, I need to ask you a really big favour
[18:38] <@Detro> ::scowls at the data he's gathered. It's something that really should get out to the other Talon teams - namely 03 and 08::
[18:38] <@Birkin> ::still chewing on the gum Roland had given him a few minutes ago, looking over at the unconcious Commandant, a hero of the Republic, being held here::
01[18:38] <@Savant> Blia Mariposa, ex-commander of BT07, is seated on a plastic and metal chair to one side of the room, unconscious but wuickly coming about.
01[18:39] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::Grunts quietly, her head swaying downwards until her chin rests on her sternum. She begins to shift about, sluggish and heavy, but stirring.
[18:40] <@Caelin> ::is working away on his laptop, going over some data, he looks up to melissa while putting the screen down:: yes?
[18:40] <@Dimitri> ::Rests his hands behind his mid back. Hands clasped together as he stands at ease, but it was obvious he was still tense, awaiting for his hide to be flayed by his Ex-Co now that it had been by his current CO. ::
01[18:40] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Glances over at Melissa, then at Caelin::
[18:41] <@Mem> ::glances at Delgado:: Clear the commandant when you get a chance, Xochitl?
[18:41] <@Melissa> ::to Caelin:: Well, you see, there is this little thing of a nuke in the hands of radical extremists...I was wondering if I could use your recon drones to get back to their camp and see if I can find and or take possession of this said nuke
[18:41] <@Delgado> Already did. ::continues to hold onto her as she speaks in a neutral but firm tone:: Blia Mariposa. You're waking up from a sedative. You're among Talon Five. ::orients the woman as she wakes up to ease her initial shock::
[18:41] <@Mem> I meant stand clear when she's good.
[18:42] <@Gabriel> ::clasps his hands behind his back, thinking of Joanna Farrell and the last time he had a situation where family had to capture family::
01[18:42] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> :She mumbles, her lips loose and her eyes fluttering heavily,:: Xochitl... ::She lifts her head up and looks about with unfocused eyes::
[18:42] <@Ardelmos> ::snaps his gum::
[18:42] <@Delgado> ::frowns:: I need to monitor her. ::bites her lip against adding "And I'd never fear my Commandant"::
[18:43] <@Gabriel> ::over his shoulder, without looking:: Protector, I'd like you to stand behind the Commandant, please. I don't want you upsetting her.
[18:43] <@Detro> ::makes his way over to Tynes, his short height not much of a problem in the area... he speaks quietly:: Sir, the data we got off of the Arclight... it's a gold mine. Talons 03 and 08 could REALLY use this data. Permission to pass it along to Commandant Gotah?
01[18:43] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> Wh... what happened, Xochitl...
[18:43] <@Caelin> ::glances back to scildfreja before turing back to melissa::has your captain been informed?
[18:43] <@Dimitri> ::Gives a curt nod, and moves to stand behind the Commandant, out of her line of sight, still at attention. ::
[18:43] <@Delgado> ::smiles weakly at Blia as she comes around:: Yes. I'm here. You're in a safe... secured place. ::stares at Blia, hoping that word makes it across:: You were taken from the Highlands compound.
[18:44] <@Gabriel> ::nods to Detro:: Granted, see to it. Also, inform him that we have Commandant Mariposa in custody... for the moment.
[18:44] <@Detro> ::nods, then turns to go, but pauses:: And what should I tell him about the bomb?
[18:44] <@Ardelmos> Might want to let him know about the nuke if he's in the dark, too. Maybe.
[18:44] <@Melissa> ::raises an eyebrow slightly:: He is currently busy with Blia...we don't have time to wait. There is a nuke out there and in the hands of people who *are* going to use it. We need to find where it is now
01[18:44] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she doesn't seem to notice anyone but Xochitl for the moment at least. Instead, she places a hand to her temple and squeezes her eyes shut:: Ugh. . . why... were we hit?
[18:45] <@Birkin> ::places his gun in his hands, inspecting it, trying to look busy while listening to the conversation::
01[18:45] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Listens to Melissa, silent::
[18:45] <@Ardelmos> ::mutters as Blia's short term memory seems to have been affected:: This oughtta be fun.
[18:45] <@Dimitri> ::Glances at each of the others holding weapons at arms reach. Slightly amused at the thought of the mighty commando's of the Talons afraid of a bound and drugged heroine. ::
[18:46] <@Delgado> ::glances over her shoulder at Tynes and Dimitri, not quite sure what to say, but looks back to Blia:: Dimitri and I took you from the compound. ::doesn't say anything more, hoping either Tynes or Dimitri explain what she couldn't::
01[18:46] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::Her eyes open, and she drops ehr hand from her temple ot her chest, where she was shot. She doesnt' say anything, but the gears of recognition turn within her head, and features harden a little bit::
[18:47] <@Gabriel> Thank you, Doctor. I'd say she remembers the situation.
[18:47] <@Mem> ::looks at Delgado, suspicious of her loyalties, but just keeps a close eye on them::
[18:48] <@Delgado> ::nods slightly and stands up, takes a big step back then stands at attention. It was clear she wasn't moving farther than arm's length from Blia, though still following Tynes' orders::
[18:48] <@Caelin> ::thinks for a moment, he wasn't sure what to make of her requesting this without the consent of her superior, but at the same time her request was sensible, the bomb did need to be tracked, he turned back to scildfreja again:: [AS]it wouldn't hurt to send a spidhra to keep watch, would it?
[18:48] <@Gabriel> ::squats down in front of Mariposa, but a safe distance back:: Commandant Mariposa, you were removed from the Highlands First compound on no orders of mine. Your new family wanted to see to your safety. They are... concerned for you. Do you understand this?
[18:49] <@Gabriel> You are not currently restrained, because you are still a Terranovan officer, despite what has happened.
[18:49] <@Melissa> ::waits patiently, though obviously a little anxious::
[18:49] <@Detro> ::seeing Tynes rather involved, he glances at Roland:: Would you say that was a "yes" or a "no"?
[18:49] <@Gabriel> ::without looking at Detro:: Nothing, just yet, Sous-Sergent. While that bomb is not public knowledge, the Commandant still retains her honor.
[18:49] <@Ardelmos> ::shrugs and half-nods, but juts his chin towards Mem if he really wants an answer::
01[18:49] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She shrugs at Caelin and murmurs in reply to him:: [AS] These people have no respect for their weapons. They shouldn't have that one. I agree.
[18:50] <@Mem> ::watches Blia intently, and flicks his attention to his computer screen every so often::
[18:50] <@Detro> ::nods -- albeit reluctantly. The lives of so many people in the balance... did honor matter one bit compared to one's duty?::
01[18:51] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she purses her lips a little bit as she replies:: I understand.
[18:52] <@Caelin> ::nods, turning back to melissa:: we shall send one of our spidhra's to track it
[18:52] <@Gabriel> ::stands:: You may stand, if you like. Those Skifas are no fun. I know.
[18:53] <@Gabriel> Walking it off a bit may help.
[18:53] <@Ardelmos> ::extends his legs out in front of him and slumps a little further into the chair; he looked suprisingly comfortable despite the poor quality of the seat -- he snapped his gum again::
[18:53] <@Gabriel> ::continues to stay a respectful distance back::
[18:53] <@Melissa> Thanks...can you give me the co-ordinates of the location...
[18:53] <@Detro> ::heads over to the computer setup in the corner of the room... his head twirls about the issue at stake::
[18:53] <@Delgado> ::relaxes visibly at Tynes' treatment of Blia::
01[18:53] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::lifts her head up and says quietly:: Spidhra On, raipare, nova desil.
[18:54] <@Birkin> ::leans against a wall, not liking this one bit::
01[18:54] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She glances about once, noting the people and the room for the first time:: It's fine. It's a little crowded.
[18:54] <@Mem> ::sits up a bit in his chair as he watches Blia::
[18:54] <@Detro> ::establishes the series of hops to get the connection set up to Gotah to avoid being traced::
[18:54] <@Dimitri> :: Remains fairly tense behind Blia, working to keep aware of her, as well as gazing among the other Talons from time to time. ::
[18:55] <@Caelin> ::shakes his head:: we'll prepare the spidhra, you need not worry
01[18:55] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::scuttles along the floor, stopping beside Scildfreja:: *beep*
[18:55] <@Gabriel> As you wish. You've placed me in a delicate situation, with no easy answers. My current orders are to bring you in for debriefing. Commandant Gotah currently has no knowlege of your new friends or their plans.
[18:55] <@Melissa> I've another question if you don't mind...do your drones respond rapidly on their own or are they meant to be controlled by a controller?
[18:56] <@Gabriel> I'm afraid my own position is quite clear: I cannot allow the use of a nuclear device within the trench. Not only would it be a major escalation of the conflict which Terra Nova cannot afford, but to do so would kill millions or tens of millions of innocents.
[18:56] <@Gabriel> Including all three of the remaining members of Talon 07.
01[18:56] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Spidhra On, nova desil, Armiger Malissa. ::gestures towards Melissa with a hand::
01[18:57] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She remains tight lipped, her eyelids still heavy, but it's obvious that she's angry::
[18:57] <@Detro> ::punches the button to make the call... the debate of honor and duty still waging war. His father, honored for dying to slow the Earthers and save the AST... a few thousand deaths... but that had brought about military deaths, and there was great honor in delaying an seemingly unstoppable foe.::
[18:58] <@Melissa> ::watches Scildfreja::
[18:58] <@Delgado> Blia, please... the Captain is right.
[18:58] <@Ardelmos> ::rolls his head and looks at Birkin as Tynes starts the 'investigation':: You heard anything about what the other Talons are dicking around with? Everytime I hear about them it's because some bad shit went down.
[18:58] <@Detro> ::But here... was causing the deaths of so many innocent -- yes, many collaborators, but innocents as well... how was that honorable? It had no more honor than the CEF's cowardly attack on Peace River.::
[18:58] <@Gabriel> ::continues as if Blia is responding:: So. My choices are currently all poor. I can attempt to negotiate with your new friends, something not likely to suceed. Or I can launch a strike against them, killing many of our Liberati allies in the process and putting my own people at risk. Or I can notify the CID of this compound, and risk the exposure of many of the Jund's plans when your friends are interrogated.
[18:59] <@Gabriel> ::looks Mariposa straight in the face:: I'm looking for a fourth option here, Commandant.
[18:59] <@Birkin> ::shakes his head:: No. I haven't heard anything about them. All I hear is rumor. Frankly I try not to really. I'd rather not be able to compromise them.
[19:00] <@Birkin> Just to hear they're alright though. That's something I'd like to know
[19:00] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts:: Fair 'nough. Don't want to end up shootin' someone we're not supposed to, though.
[19:00] <@Caelin> <<disregard my previous line>>::shrugs to melissa:: either or, depending on the situation
[19:01] <@Detro> ::while waiting for the connection, he also wrestles with his own demons::
01[19:01] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she thinks heavily a moment, before her terse response:: We've got no choice here, Captain. If we leave this place as it is, no amount of raiding, or intel-gatehring, or any of that will change the fact that we're going to have two fleets coming down on Terra Nova within a few cycles. We need to take off the gloves.
[19:02] <@Dimitri> ::Glances down at Blia from behind, the disaproving, and hurt expresion obvious in his eyes. ::
01[19:02] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Detro's call gets to Pathfinder - his speaks quietly and smoothly, with a hint of humour:: Pathfinder. How may I direct your call?
[19:02] <@Birkin> ::grunts:: I hate to admit it, but it doesn't look like shes totally in the wrong.
[19:03] <@Gabriel> Commandant, I completely agree with you.
[19:03] <@Mem> ::doesn't necessarily disagree with Blia's statement, but also knows that there were in fact options outside of nuking the place they were trying to liberate::
[19:03] <@Gabriel> Terra Nova faces an imminent, overwhelming invasion.
[19:03] <@Detro> ::jolted out of thoughts by Macedon's voice:: Ah. Hey Cory. Can you patch me through to Gotah? I'm going to need a data channel too -- and you might as well get a copy of what I'm sending too. Might make for good reading.
[19:03] <@Gabriel> How will destroying Paladin Lots prevent the departure of the 8th Fleet?
01[19:03] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::looks at Melissa and speaks in its synthetic, alto tone:: *beep* Hello Armiger.
[19:04] <@Detro> ((Heh. +com+ that))
[19:04] <@Melissa> ::smiles despite the urgency:: Well, hello. I need you to go find something for us.
[19:04] <@Gabriel> ::continues as if Blia has responded:: Not only will destroying Paladin Lots not prevent the departure of the 8th Fleet, it will likely so incense the CEF that the 8th Fleet will be loaded with antimatter devices intended for our largest cities.
01[19:05] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She wets her lips, inhaling as the drugs continue to wear off:: Most of the 8th fleet land forces are on Caprice, in the lots. Including EGL's Sartru labs, and the new strains of GREL and SLEDGEs. They can't have a war if they've got no one to fight it.
[19:05] <@Ardelmos> ::shrugs to Birkin:: We use a nuke, they use two. Or three. Or four.
[19:05] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Thus, the antimatter devices.
[19:06] <@Gabriel> To say nothing of the minor detail that the slaughter of tens of millions of innocent civilians -- our purported allies and the people we claim to have come here to help -- will have a rather... negative impact on the people of the other colonies when they hear the news.
[19:06] <@Gabriel> Wouldn't you say?
01[19:06] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::pauses, the replies:: *beep* Locate mission parameters loaded, Armiger.
01[19:07] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Isn't he popular lately. Hold on, I'll patch you through if he's recieving right now.
[19:07] <@Gabriel> ::indicates Caelin:: Caelin here is from Utopia. I suspect he'd certainly be forced to carry the news that Terra Nova slaughtered tens of millions of innocents on a planet not their own back to his planet.
[19:07] <@Dimitri> ::Can't help but snort at Gabriels wording of 'minor detail' when it came to the slaughter portion. His way with words was ever amusing. ::
[19:07] <@Melissa> Can you get there quickly without being spotted? Look for the nuclear device, but do not approach. I need to know that it is there.
[19:08] <@Caelin> ::reopens his laptop and sends the radiation signature of the device in question to the spidhra::
[19:08] <@Detro> ::nods at Cory's statement, and in a ways, to his own inner demon.::
01[19:08] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> And what, just sit back and let them continue to bomb Terranovan cities to ash for Talon raids? I don't like this any more than you, but if we don't do something about this they'll see we've got no teeth.
01[19:09] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::sits back and watches the exchange between Caelin, the Spidhra, and Melissa.::
[19:09] <@Birkin> Yup. So what do we do. I'm no Commandant. Either we knock out their manufacturing capabilities or else we knock out the fleets.
[19:10] <@Mem> ::opens his mouth to say something to Blia, but shuts it again, leaning forward and remaining a listening participant::
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2Commandant Gotah> ::A few moments pass, and the Commandant Gotah appears on the screen in front of Detro. He looks tired, and maybe a little bored.:: Gotah here. You're looking well, Detro.
[19:10] <@Ardelmos> ::snaps his gum and then pushes himself up into a more normal seating position, cracking his knuckles and lacing his hands behind his head:: Eh, there's ways of dealing the Lots without nukes. You heard what that Liberati clan had to say -- they could cut the support beams if they wanted.
[19:11] <@Detro> ::waves a hand dismissively:: +com+ I'm getting lots of exercise. Good to see you too, sir.
[19:11] <@Birkin> I ignored a lot of what they had to say. They know the land, but a lot of their ideas just seemed. Bad to be honest.
[19:11] <@Delgado> ::starts to get frustrated which is leading to anger, though she's still unsure exactly -where- it's being pointed at. The whole situation for sure, but what side:: But we can't fight like this, Blia? You're turning into -them-. You're turning into those who killed your family. You swore to me you'd never be like that. You -swore-.
[19:12] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts:: Well they're no worse than nuking the trench.
[19:12] <@Gabriel> So. You will single-handedly, acting without orders and against the best interests of your entire planet, set every colony known to mankind against us.
[19:12] <@Birkin> Although doing that might be a nice parting shot If we can ever start reducing their fleets
[19:12] <@Gabriel> Not the only member of BT07 to have exceeded his or her mandate today, I assure you.
[19:12] <@Detro> +com+ Captain Tynes asked me to pass along that we have Commandant Blia in custody. ::he pauses::
[19:13] <@Dimitri> ::Watches Xochitl, as she tries to explain her frustrations. Glancing at Blia to await a response, although, he knew what it would be. If she could be so easily swayed, he wouldn't have put a dart in her chest afterall.::
01[19:13] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> *beep* Target loaded, Lead Armiger. Armiger Malissa, mission prepared.
[19:14] <@Melissa> ::nods:: Go and find it then
[19:14] <@Detro> +com+ There may be a loose end we have to tie up with this, but we're not sure yet. Could be something big.
[19:15] <@Gabriel> And when the CEF strips this planet dry to rebuild their command center in orbit, or on Heaven Station, and after they have recruited every colony against us for our treachery and our wonton slaughter of innocents... what then, Commandant?
[19:15] <@Gabriel> Oh yes... I've forgotten. You'll be dead, having martyred yourself for no good purpose.
[19:15] <@Detro> +com+ I'm also attaching a data dump. We got a lot of intel off of the Arclight we infiltrated, some damn good orbital intel. 03 and 08 can probably make some good use of it, as well as anyone else on their way in or out.
01[19:15] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she bared her teeth in a brief gesture of distaste:: You seem to always like to bias your words, Tynes. But, fine. I'd do that, yes, if it kept Earth from setting its foot on Terranova again. I'd detonate this planet from the core, if that's what it took.
[19:16] <@Detro> ::presses a button and patches the data in, making sure that Pathfinder's getting a copy as well -- it could be handy for getting off Caprice::
01[19:16] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> They're doing that anyways. You know their propoaganda machine. They'll tell the people that we eat babies and sacrifice children, and they'll believe it.
[19:16] <@Gabriel> ::before she even finishes:: Except you'll make it all TRUE!
[19:16] <@Caelin> ::nods to the spidhra::proceed with haste, spidhra
01[19:17] <@Savant> 2Commandant Gotah> ::listens to it all, pausing to sip his coffee as Detro finishes up:: Mh. Sounds like it's been a lot of fun. What do you think about Earth's reaction to the Lots? Nice fireworks, by the way.
01[19:18] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she grins viciously:: No, I'll be the monster. aNd it'll buy us a few more cycles to make ready. It's coming anyways.
01[19:18] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> *beep* With all haste, Lead Armiger. ::scuttles off towards the door, disappearing into the shadows as it goes::
[19:19] <@Mem> ::grunts at this, sad at the pessimism, knowing that if he had anything to do about it, Earth wouldn't be on Caprice inside the decade::
[19:19] <@Detro> ::smiles:: I just wish it'd done a little more damage. Based on what we've seen -- and I have the video on that in the data stream -- is that the Lots are going to be impervious to attack by anything we can throw at it -- hell, maybe even more than a regiment or two could.
[19:19] <@Dimitri> ::Face hardens at her words. He was listening a bit more intently than earlier... As monstourous as it sounded, he reconsidered many of the previous talon missions.. and began to wonder if the scale was really that different.::
[19:19] <@Gabriel> Tell me, Commandant. The name of the monster that destroyed Peace River.
03[19:19] * dakabn (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
03[19:19] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[19:19] <@Detro> ((+com+ that))
[19:19] <@Gabriel> Or the name of the monster that destroyed Lyonesse.
[19:20] <@Gabriel> Or the name of the monster that wiped out Rahnguard Oasis.
[19:20] <@Gabriel> Tell me, Commandant.
[19:20] <@Detro> +com+ The attack proved an air assault won't work, I've seen their ground defenses well enough to know it's a hard nut to crack, and judging by the report this "Joanna" person made, the underground's not a likely attack vector either.
01[19:21] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::Her eyes narrow, and she doesn't reply to him, not on that question anyways:: Doesn't matter. They're coming anyways.
[19:21] <@Delgado> ::glances between Gabriel and Blia, watching the exchange with mixed feelings::
[19:21] <@Mem> ::shifts his weight in the chair at the mention of Lyonesse::
[19:21] <@Birkin> Over 200,000 dead in Port Oasis...
[19:22] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: BT05 dropped a very small bomb on Paladin Lots the day before yesterday, Commandant. Have you been keeping up with the news on the CEF response?
[19:22] <@Detro> +com+ Only thing that would work would be, oh, say, a bomb, big enough to wipe out the Lots. But that'd also do some pretty major collateral damage, kill too many people quickly and over time.
01[19:22] <@Savant> After a few moments, Melissa and Caelin get a view on their screens, showing the path of the Spider recon drone as it makes its speedy way back to the Liberati encampment
[19:23] <@Mem> ::whispers, for himself:: Fuck Port Oasis.
[19:23] <@Mem> ::turns to his computer for a moment::
[19:23] <@Melissa> ::watches the screen and getting the controls for the Octopus up and ready, just in case::
[19:23] <@Ardelmos> ::finds that the gum is starting to lose his flavour, and as it does so he face starts to get a little bit more harsh and unfriendly::
01[19:23] <@Savant> 2Commandant Gotah> Figure that there's no way in then, huh? Nothing at all? ::looks mildly down into his mug, stirring the contents about with a swirl of his hands::
[19:24] <@Birkin> ::casts a glance over at Meme:: Then Fuck your Lyonesse, Lieutenant
01[19:24] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::bluntly:: It's pretty vicious::
[19:25] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: +com+ Well, that or drop an Arclight on it. But they proved they can nail anything in the air moving fast enough, and the damage from that hit would be just as devastating. A nuclear device of some sort would do the job I imagine...
[19:25] <@Detro> ::quickly:: +com+ ...but again, that's just not an option either.
01[19:26] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::speaking softly to Melissa:: Spidhra answers to voice commands. It proceeds on a stealth mission now. That should be enough for this.
[19:26] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: And you doubt my word that the CEF would respond to the nuking of Paladin Lots with something even more vicious?
[19:26] <@Melissa> ::looks at Scildfreja:: That's amazing...I'm used to controlling drones with sticks and quick programs, not voice command. Wow
01[19:27] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> Yes. Since most of their land forces on Caprice would be dead or dying.
[19:27] <@Mem> ::looks a little shocked, glancing at Birkin::
[19:28] <@Ardelmos> ::tilts his head somewhat at Blia -- you didn't need land forces to launch nukes -- it was an odd comment::
01[19:28] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Spidhra is a clever drone. But you can control it with sticks if you prefer it.
[19:28] <@Melissa> I'll let it go on it's own. Thank you for letting me see how your drones work, even just sort of casually
[19:28] <@Caelin> ::nods to melissa::they may also take orders through hand gestures if you can't risk using voice or electronic signals
[19:29] <@Birkin> ::looks back at the Lieutenant for a moment before shaking his head and moving away from him, focusing on the Commandant::
01[19:29] <@Savant> 2Commandant Gotah> ::taps his lower lipw ioth a finger, looking up at nothing:: I'd like to find some way in there, even just one man. - oh, I should ask, how are the Utopians?
[19:29] <@Delgado> ::suddenly steps forward and strikes Blia with a right hook, her face twisted in anger and disgust:: Damn you, Blia!
[19:30] <@Mem> ::glances at Birkin again, then straightens as Delgado attacks her CO::
[19:30] <@Gabriel> As you so aptly demonstrate, Commandant, it takes only one man or woman to deliver an anti-matter device into the heart of Valeria or Port Oasis.
[19:30] <@Detro> +com+ One man? I suppose if it were an inside job...
[19:30] <@Dimitri> ::body twitches, only slightly at Blia striking the CO. He glances at her, eyes locking on her.:: En tu Xochitl?
[19:30] <@Gabriel> ::takes a step back as Delgado snaps:: Doctor, calm down.
[19:30] <@Ardelmos> ::watches Delgado strike her CO:: ...well now, that was interesting.
01[19:31] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::nearly falls back out of her chair, caught entirely by surprise. She's on her feet instantly, a step back - right into Dimitri behind her::
[19:31] <@Gabriel> In this case, I think it only takes one man or woman to slap their former commanding officer. ::not without some human::
[19:31] <@Gabriel> <<*humor>>
[19:31] <@Dimitri> ::Hands grasp her by the upper arms like vices. A half smirk on his face at the surprise the Commandant displayed. Although he says nothing.::
[19:32] <@Delgado> ::stands in a fighting stand now, breathing heavily with her eyes brimming with unshed tears. Either she heard Tynes or she's waiting for Blia to do something next, but she makes no other move right now::
01[19:32] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods at Melissa's thanks, but doesn't say anything::
[19:32] <@Detro> +com+ As for the Utopians... it's... culture shock. Kinda. I guess I did something to anger them a bit, but they know what they're doing and have the equipment to do it with. I just wish they could tell us more though.
[19:33] <@Gabriel> ::holds one hand open toward Delgado, ready to hold her back if she seems inclined to strike again, while using the other to straighten the chair::
[19:33] <@Melissa> ::watches the display, several thoughts going through her head::
01[19:33] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She's fixed on Xochitl, her own expression just as emotional and hurt. It takes a few moments for the expression to harden into a scowl::
[19:34] <@Ardelmos> ::looks at Birkin:: Jeezus, touchy bunch, eh? ::a beat:: You ever punched your CO?
01[19:34] <@Savant> The cameras finish showing their shifting masses of black and yellowy light, the images focusing in on the warehousing lots being used by the Liberati as a staging ground.
[19:34] <@Delgado> ::is still breathing hard as she tries to speak, gulping air between words, her voice thick with emotion:: You selfish... bitch. How dare you... think only... of yourself.
[19:35] <@Birkin> No kidding. ::smirks:: In a barfight once. Thought long and hard of leaving the really shitty ones to their fate.
01[19:35] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> She grimaces, but it seems to mostly be from the pain of a bruise blossoming across her cheek:: It's got nothing to do with me.
[19:35] <@Detro> +com+ But it's no different than when you put together a Talon team, I guess. We just need to learn how to work with each other... ::looks over at Melissa and the Utopians:: ...and it seems like that's starting to happen.
[19:35] <@Ardelmos> ::snorts a laugh and glances around for a garbage::
[19:36] <@Melissa> ::looks in at the image, absently pulling on a ponytail::
[19:36] <@Dimitri> ::His hands drop from the Commandant's arms, figured the jig is up and stands at an angle behind her. He glances over at Ardels comment regarding the punching the CO. Wondering if the question would come up. "Ever shoot your CO?" ::
[19:36] <@Birkin> You? Ever knock out a CO before? They don't really take too kindly to that in the Republic.
[19:37] <@Gabriel> Protector, help her back into the chair, please.
[19:37] <@Delgado> It does! You're not... the only one... that hurts, Blia! You're not... the only one... that lost a team! ::tears finally fall down her face, though it's still twisted with anger and now anguish:: If you really... cared then you wouldn't... be doing this! You're taking.. the easy way out! You don't want to... defend Terranova! You don't want to fight!
01[19:37] <@Savant> 2Commandant Gotah> +com+ I'd like to meet them. But, that will wait, I guess. Keep me apprised on how things go with them. ::a pause:: sounds like some drama over there.
[19:37] <@Delgado> You're a coward and you know it!
[19:37] <@Dimitri> ::Graps the Commandant by the shoulders, gently, but firmly guiding her down towards the chair. ::
[19:38] <@Ardelmos> ::purses his lips slightly and shook his head:: Nope. Couple of other people's CEOs, though. Lots of regimental duels up in the good 'ol farmland.
[19:38] <@Gabriel> Doctor, calm down.
01[19:38] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> +subcom+ *beep* Target aquired. ::focuses in on a crate that's been pulled out from one of the large shipping containers::
[19:38] <@Gabriel> Commandant, an ample demonstration of the shock and horror one woman can inflict, wouldn't you say? What were you saying prevented the CEF from doing what you do to Paladin Lots to Port Oasis?
01[19:39] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::doesn't need to be guided deown, there's no strength left in her legs when Dimitri pushes her back to the seat. She's just staring down at the floor, shivering::
[19:39] <@Detro> +com+ It's the matter of that "loose end". ::turns his glance over that way:: I'm sure it'll be nothing. ::puts more confidence in his words than he feels:: If it is, I'm sure the captain will let you know personally.
[19:39] <@Caelin> ::watches the screen as well, occasionally glancing up whenever there's an outburst from the other side of the room::[AS]funny way to go about dealing with traitors... ::refocuses on the screen:: looks like they're preparing to transport the device
[19:39] <@Delgado> ::clenches her hands into fists as she nods once:: Permission to walk away, -Captain-. ::turns away, unable to look at Blia anymore::
[19:39] <@Melissa> ::looks at the crate and then surrounding area, gauging the feasability of being able to grab it and go with either the spidhra or the Octopus::
[19:40] <@Birkin> We had a few of those back home. Gear duels or the kind with your pistols?
[19:40] <@Gabriel> Granted, Doctor.
01[19:40] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] Don't understand these people.
[19:41] <@Delgado> ... Thank you. ::whispers hoarsely as she walks away to the farthest point she can in the small room, keeping her eyes hard on the floor and her back to the rest of them::
[19:41] <@Gabriel> Well, Commandant?
01[19:41] <@Savant> 2Commandant Gotah> +com+ Mm. ::sips his coffee again:: What are your plans? Sounds like your loose end will be tied up soon, either way.
[19:41] <@Mem> ::watches Delgado go, then watches Blia, who looks broken::
[19:41] <@Dimitri> ::keeps his hands rested on Commandants shoulders.:: Hm. I used to remember quite the Woman. Commandant Blia Mariposa. An excellent CO. A wonderful woman, and the best soldier. She was like a scapel when it came to dealing with the enemy. I wonder whatever happened to her. It's a sad story to have this heap of scrap parts in this chair. The oil in her veins running dirty, and the central engine block in obvious neglect.. hmm..
[19:42] <@Dimitri> :: he mused, saying it fairly quietly..::
[19:42] <@Ardelmos> ::smirks at Birkin:: Yes. Sabres, though, mostly.
[19:42] <@Melissa> ::turns to Caelin:: Here's a question for you. Do you think your...Sleca?...drone could grab the crate? I have an Earth Octopus drone that I can use for a distraction, make the Liberati think Earth is jumping down on them...if we need a distratction that is
01[19:43] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::Tynes didn't seem to have any ability to cut through to Blia, but Dimitri did. She turned on him, suddenly moving, her tone vicious.:: You have *no idea*, Dimitri! No idea!
[19:43] <@Melissa> Or...the Octopus can fly, so it can snatch and grab, hopefully without much fuss
[19:44] <@Ardelmos> ::carefully slips his hand down to beside his revolver as Blia moves, though he isn't keen to draw it yet, as she moves on Dmitri::
[19:44] <@Gabriel> ::turns and walks away:: Lieutenant, prepare the troops for a dismounted attack. It seems we have been tasked to destroy Highlands First in the trench.
[19:44] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit at scildfreja's response, then glances up at melissa:: sounds risky
[19:44] <@Melissa> ::purses her lips slightly in thought for a couple of moments, waiting to see what Caelin has to say::
[19:44] <@Gabriel> We'll need a plan to dispose of an unknown amount of nuclear materials in a safe fashion.
01[19:44] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::glances at Caelin and shrugs::
[19:45] <@Melissa> Some times one has to take risks to accomplish anything of value
[19:45] <@Dimitri> ::Glances down at Blia, the disdain obvious in his eyes:: Hmm.. I forgot I was a professional murderer in a war against my own nation at some point. I'm quite the innocent pup.
[19:45] <@Detro> +com+ Could be. At any rate, we're working on Bastille Alpha next. So far, we haven't found much on the place; CEF's done a good job wiping the servers clean of images and blueprints, but we've got a good idea where to go to get what we need.
[19:45] <@Mem> ::stunned a moment, he nods to Tynes:: Understood.
[19:45] <@Gabriel> ::heads for where Detro is talking to Gotah::
[19:46] <@Detro> ::glances up:: +com+ Oh. Looks like the captain has a few words. It was good seeing you again sir. And if you happen to talk to Kellerton anytime soon, remember me to her?
01[19:46] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::Blia looks up at Dimitri for a long moment, blank-faced, before she sinks back down into her chair. All of the wind is gone from her, her head dropping into her hands::
[19:46] <@Detro> ::checks to confirm the orbital intel has been uploaded to Gotah and Pathfinder, then makes way for Tynes::
[19:46] <@Melissa> ::looks at the two Utopians:: Well, I'm feeling in the mood for a snatch and grab.
[19:46] <@Caelin> ::glances at scildfreja, she didn't seem to be against the idea at least::your captain should be made aware first
01[19:47] <@Savant> 2Commandant Gotah> +com+ I'll make sure she gets a secure line to you soon. And congratulations. ::glances over Detro's shoulder to look at Tynes, through the camera feed:: Captain.
[19:47] <@Birkin> I should get better at some hand to hand. You have much experiance in that? ::looks at Roland::
[19:47] <@Melissa> ::pouts slightly:: Might be a good idea
[19:47] <@Gabriel> ::stops, then turns around:: ::looks at Mariposa:: Or you can stop this, Commandant. It's your call. All yours. Because that nuke is not going off in the trench.
[19:47] <@Gabriel> I'm going to stop it. One way or another.
[19:47] <@Melissa> Captian! I hate to interrupt you
[19:47] <@Mem> ::stands and looks at Melissa:: Not now. ::jogs over to Melissa:: What?
01[19:47] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she exhales, her voice hollow and weak:: Wait. What do you need me to do.
[19:48] <@Ardelmos> Not much, no. A soldier without a weapon isn't much of a soldier.
[19:48] <@Melissa> I have some information that you should be aware of. I am in position to grab the crate that the nuke is in
[19:48] <@Melissa> I just need the go ahead and it's ours
[19:48] <@Mem> ::blinks:: What?
[19:48] <@Ardelmos> ::looks up:: The whole crate?
[19:48] <@Melissa> I have eyes in position. I have the crate in sight and I have an Octopus on stand by
[19:48] <@Gabriel> ::turns to look at Gotah on the screen:: I'll have to get back to you shortly, Commandant. Have a situation brewing here.
[19:48] <@Melissa> The crate, the whole crate, and nothing but the crate
[19:49] <@Gabriel> ::to Gotah:: If you'll allow me some discretion, sir.
01[19:49] <@Savant> 2Commandant Gotah> ::grins mildly:: Take your time, Captain. You've been busy. You know I trust you.
01[19:50] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::gets out from her chair and takes a few steps back, standing beside where Caelin sat and placing a hand on his shoulder::
[19:50] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Thank you, sir. We'll get back to you shortly. ::heads back for Mariposa::
[19:50] <@Melissa> ::frowns slightly:: I have a limited window here. Am I good to go on the snatch?
[19:51] <@Gabriel> ::to Mariposa:: Simple, Commandant. I need you to save the lives of several million Gommoran citizens, not to mention some three or four dozen of our Liberati allies. Now, the simplest plan would be to steal the bomb. But that wouldn't work, of course, because they'd just get another.
[19:51] <@Detro> ::steps back into frame of the comm:: +com + Sorry sir. Guess there's not enough time for a proper goodbye. But, uh... if you happen to see a big mushroom cloud near the Lots? It wasn't *OUR* doing. Detro out. ::cuts the channel::
[19:51] <@Mem> ::quietly:: Fuck me... ::trails off and jogs back to the captain, whispering the news to him so as not to ruin his terms with Blia:: <w> We can take the nuke with the drone right now.
[19:52] <@Gabriel> Even without that bomb, though: you have an army here. A Talon. A somewhat unusual one to be sure, but one that will follow your orders. If you have the strength to give them.
01[19:52] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She sits up a little, wiping wetness form her cheeks and red eyes:: They've been making them up in the Soweskar range. They've got some centrifuges up there, and a few physicists and engineers.
[19:53] <@Melissa> ::glances at her watch and the image on the screen::
[19:53] <@Dimitri> ::Hands still rest on Blia's shoulders, he gives each shoulder a lightly squeeze. He wasen't completely unsympathetic. ::
[19:53] <@Gabriel> ::nods and glances at Melissa:: Take it, Dekarch.
01[19:54] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ We are in position, Lead Armigers.
[19:54] <@Gabriel> ::turns back to Mariposa:: And is that their only location, or would they bring one in from one of the ice mining ships?
[19:54] <@Detro> ::things tidied up on the computer, moves to join those watching the screen::
[19:54] <@Melissa> ::flexes her fingers and cracks her neck:: Let the fun commence
[19:55] <@Mem> ::stands there in the middle of the room near Tynes and Blia, glancing back at Melissa, and then around the room, wondering just what the hell happened to protocol::
[19:55] <@Caelin> ::looks up at scildfreja, giving a reasurring nod:: Sleca, proceed with capture on armiger melissa's signal
01[19:55] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> Maybe. Maybe. They've got an antimatter collection site out near Indra. Solar farm, really big. They've been talking of weaponizing it. But that's what First has for high-yield weapons.
[19:55] <@Melissa> ::leans over the control for the Octopus and takes a deep breath and looks at the area around the crate::
[19:55] <@Birkin> ::nearly chokes on his gum:: Anti-matter?
01[19:55] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcome+ ::pauses:: Fun is not applicable to these mission parameters, Armiger.
[19:56] <@Gabriel> And if you took command of the Highlands First forces in the trench, would they follow your orders? Or are they intent on this plan? Intent to the point where they would consider no other orders?
[19:56] <@Melissa> ::chuckles:: Grab the crate, carefully and try to not get seen. Make your way back to the Octopus once you have it
01[19:57] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she shakes her head:: No, I'm just an advisor. The Darrik clan runs the First movement.
01[19:59] <@Savant> The three sets of cameras do some triangulation on the scene out in the warehouse lots; Scildfreja sets out a small plate and a trideo image pops up. The Liberati are clearly getting ready to go; they're moving everything into trucks. The bomb crate has only a light guard of two men over it.
[19:59] <@Gabriel> You know them, Commandant. We don't. Will they stop? Can they be stopped?
01[19:59] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Confirmed, Armiger. Maintaining stealth posture. Advancing on the target.
[20:00] <@Birkin> ::leans over to Roland:: Wonder when we can find out -how- they got it into the trench
[20:00] <@Melissa> ::tries to position the Octopus in a fairly reasonable hiding spot to provide overwatch and extraction::
01[20:00] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> No, not even the Helles were able to convince them. They don't like anyone form offworld - well, they don't mind Terranovans ::She smirked humourlessly::
01[20:01] <@Savant> Melissa's plan doesn't work. The Octopus occults a light from the level above, and the shadow falls across a part of the lots like a massive metal cloud. Several Liberati turn and point, then weapons rise. The Liberati start to run.
[20:02] <@Melissa> Oh shit...this is where things get very interesting. Sleca, stay on target...the Octopus is going to provide a lot of distraction right now.
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Sleca, aendursa staelt statute.
01[20:03] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Obeisant, Laed Armiger. Obeisant, Armiger.
[20:04] <@Melissa> ::switches over to manual control of the drone and smiles:: Well, let's give them something to look at ::launches the drone up into the air, spiralling and firing at various targets, away from the crate::
[20:05] <@Birkin> ::looks around for a moment, spotting Delgado away from everyone and frowning slightly, and walking over to her:: Hey doc.
01[20:05] <@Savant> Shells start to clang on the Octopus's armour, but they're ineffective - it's all small arms fire. The large drone flies through the air between itself and the Liberati terrorists, digging long gouges through the ground with its lasers
[20:06] <@Ardelmos> ::drums his fingers on his his thigh, looking between Tynes and Blia while wondering what Tynes is planning on doing with her -- they obviously couldn't leave her alone::
[20:07] <@Melissa> ::whistles softly to herself, watching the displays while making the drone spin and dive amongst the Liberati...making it look like an attack without actually attacking them directly::
[20:07] <@Delgado> ::barely bobs her head and tries to speak, but her voice comes out as a broken whisper as she continues to hang her head and stare at the floor:: Hey...
01[20:07] <@Savant> Meanwhile, one of the camera views gets awfully close to the crate which apparently is holding a tactical nuclear explosive. The guards are crouched behind cover, one of them actually behind the bomb itself
[20:07] <@Caelin> ::frowns:: drive them away from the crate +subcom+sleca, at best opportunity, retrieve the device
[20:07] <@Dimitri> ::Gives Blia's shoulder another soft squeeze. Finding the amusement in being the guard dog of the CO he just shot. Such were the workings of this dysfunctional team. He glances at Ardel, watching the drumming of his fingers. ::
01[20:08] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Requesting permission to use tactical mission profile, Lead Armiger.
[20:08] <@Melissa> Neutralize the guards on the bomb if you have to and get out ::continues to cause havoc amongst the other Liberati::
[20:08] <@Caelin> +subcom+ granted
01[20:08] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Acknowledged, Armiger.
[20:08] <@Birkin> ::reaches inside a compartment on his suit and withdraws a small black flask with a emblem on it:: Here. I promise its good.
02[20:09] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Guys! Come in here. Now, I want to maintain the current level of black representation on the committee, so let's go for a stroll......)
[20:09] <@Detro> ::watches the action::
[20:09] <@Gabriel> ::while waiting for the battle to resolve itself:: Well, Commandant? Shall we go take a walk?
01[20:10] <@Savant> One of the camera views lashes forwards, and the Spider's view shows a black blur slam into the one guard closest to the crate, swallowing him up. The glossy blur snatches the bomb up and scuttles off, leaving a pulpy mess of a body in its wake
03[20:10] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[20:10] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
03[20:10] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
[20:11] <@Melissa> ::blinks slightly and smirks:: That was effective. Now, get out and return
01[20:11] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She looked down again, her expression broken. After a moment she replies simply, helplessly:: sure.
[20:11] <@Caelin> ::to noone in particular:: the nuclear device in our posession
01[20:11] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ In retreat. Reverting to stealth profile.
[20:12] <@Gabriel> Thank you, Dekarch, Caelin. Find somewhere shady to take it. The Commandant and I are going to take a walk. Protector, Senior Sergeant, I'd like the two of you to accompany us.
[20:12] <@Melissa> ::has the Octopus fire at a couple of the vehicles and then beats a rapid retreat with it::
[20:12] <@Detro> ::frowns:: To have it is one thing. But now that we have it, what do we do with it?
[20:12] <@Gabriel> ::to Mariposa:: One aide each, you think?
[20:12] <@Caelin> +subcom+acknowledge, come home sleca
[20:12] <@Gabriel> ::pulls his sidearm, checks the safety, then reholsters it::
[20:13] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts and hauls himself up out the chair, spitting his gum out into a nearby trash receptacle as he grabs his helmet::
[20:13] <@Caelin> <<er replace>>+subcom+acknowedge, secure device safely then come home sleca
[20:13] <@Dimitri> ::Chuckles:: I'm sure the Commandant would be thrilled to be escorted by the Protector that sedated her. ::He gives Gabriel a salute regardless, even if it is a bit stiff once more. His face unreadable once more.::
01[20:13] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she murmurs:: Haven't needed an aide in awhile now.
[20:13] <@Mem> ::glances at the captain as he gets ready to leave:: Still want that ground operation written up, captain? There is still a dangerous group down there, minus a nuke.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> You do today. You're a diplomat, not a soldier.
02[20:13] * @Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[20:13] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Mem:: Please, Lieutenant. We're going to try the diplomatic approach first, though. See how it goes.
01[20:14] <@Savant> The drones all retreat - Sleca first, then the Octopus, and finally the spider. In the confusion, the nuke has been forgotten - at least for the moment
[20:14] <@Delgado> ::looks at the flask then laughs once as she reaches out and takes it:: Thanks. ::takes the top off and helps herself to a healthy swig, closing her eyes and wincing once as she puts the top back on and hands it back:: Or not. ::finally looks at Birkin and smiles weakly, though she looks like hell with red eyes and a tear-streaked face::
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::activates his comm unit and sets it on transmit/receive for local speech::
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::opens the door to the greenhouse and starts down the ladder toward street level::
[20:14] <@Mem> ::sets up his computer to monitor the comms as he watches Tynes leave::
[20:14] <@Ardelmos> ::grabs his rifle and slings it over his back, then pulls the helmet of his outfit onto his head but leaves the faceplate dangling and the visor up as he follows Tynes out the door::
[20:14] <@Dimitri> ::face turns into a half smirk. Finding the diplomat comment.. amusing. But says nothing. Adjusting his own Comm. Falling into step behind Blia ::
[20:15] <@Melissa> ::uses the Octopus's camera's to scout out a hiding space for the crate::
01[20:15] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::follows along, not saying a word. She can't bring herself to meet anyone's eyes::
03[20:16] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[20:16] * Detro sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
[20:16] <@Dimitri> Stiff upper lip Commandant. ::He emphasis's on her rank. :: Your not going to find anything looking at your feet.
[20:17] <@Gabriel> ::once he reaches street level:: Senior Sergeant, take point. Protector, watch our backs.
[20:17] <@Birkin> ::chuckles slightly:: Yeah alright but hey you aren't blind and its good tough stuff. ::sits down and motions that she should do the same:: You were pretty rough on the Commandant.
[20:17] <@Gabriel> ::starts off in the direction of the Highlands First compound::
01[20:17] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she doesn't reply, but she does take a deep breath and pull her shoulders back, lifting up her chin::
[20:17] <@Melissa> ::looks over at Caelin:: You know about hiding and stuff, think you can spot a place for that crate?
[20:17] <@Mem> ::once they've left, he stands and looks around:: Everyone get armed and ready to move out if we need to rescue the "diplomatic envoy".
[20:18] <@Ardelmos> Aye. ::snaps on the faceplate of the helmet and pulls down the visor, sealing off the stealth suit -- he unslings his rifle and jogs forward down the road a bit::
[20:18] <@Detro> ::looks at Mem:: I wouldn't call that a diplomatic envoy, I'd call it an well-armed suggestion
[20:18] <@Mem> Our "well armed suggestion", as you call it, is also "well outnumbered".
[20:18] <@Mem> So be ready.
[20:18] <@Detro> ::doesn't stop him from suiting up::
[20:18] <@Detro> No argument there.
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::glances at Mem, and after a moment's hesitation, she speaks quietly in his direction - he's got to pay attention to make out what she's saying:: Will you have need of your allies?
[20:19] <@Caelin> ::nods and takes a look at the views from both sleca and the octopus drone::
[20:19] <@Delgado> ::collapses more than sits next to Birkin as she wipes at her face with the palms of her hand, trying to make herself look somewhat decent:: I just couldn't take it anymore. Like she's the only one that hurts. ::shakes her head as she stops for a moment to take a breath, still emotional apparently::
[20:19] <@Mem> ::stops and looks at Scildfreja... really looked at her for the first time since they'd made first contact with the Utopians...since then he'd minded his own business and let the captain handle them::
[20:20] <@Gabriel> ::follows Roland in the direction of the compound, mostly relying on his BDUs to keep him out of sight::
[20:20] <@Dimitri> ::Glances around, keeping in step behind Blia, an eye close on her. :: That's better. That's the pride that caused Xochitl to crumple into a heap of tears.
[20:21] <@Ardelmos> ::slinks from piece of cover to piece of cover as he moves down the street in advance of the 'diplomatic' group::
[20:21] <@Birkin> She certainly did like talking about herself didn't she. What happened with her? I've heard the SRID approved version, but I wager she's told you more.
[20:22] <@Detro> ::suited up, rejoins those working the drones to watch::
01[20:23] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she frowns bitterly, her expression hardening - then all of the sternness drains out of it, and she turns away from Dimitri again::
[20:23] <@Mem> ::grins slightly at the Utopian woman:: After that demonstration, I'm sure we will need you for a lot more.
01[20:24] <@Savant> The "diplomacy" team turns a corner, and can see the warehouse holding ground ahead. The gates are open and there are Liberati milling about, getting ready to leave.
[20:24] <@Delgado> ::shakes her head, suddenly looking tired:: It's a long, long story. But, the very short version is she lost her entire family, then gained another with Talon Seven. We were so close... ::shakes her head:: But losing another family pushed her over the brink. She's had so much loss in her life... ::smiles bitterly as she brushes her hair behind her ears and looks at Birkin:: But then haven't we all?
01[20:24] <@Savant> AT the same time, Caelin spots a nice hiding place for a crate. Burying it under a mouldering pile of steamy garbage.
[20:25] <@Dimitri> ::His tone was still harsh. It was obvious the entire thing had hurt him, and he had very little kind words at this juncture. Although he wondered at the intent of having the Commandant and himself on this little stroll. He heaved a heavy sigh.. and glanced around, before resting a hand on Blia's shoulder, and leaning forward to speak to her directly..
[20:25] <@Caelin> ::nods::there, that should be a good spot for now
[20:25] <@Gabriel> ::approaches the compound, making no particular attempt to be hidden::
[20:26] <@Melissa> ::once the box was hidden, she turned the Octopus back towards the camp:: Sleca and the Spidhra can come back home, going to send the Octopus back to watch over the Captain and the others, just in case
01[20:26] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She gives MEm a funny sort of a look, as if not sure what to make of the man, before she inclines her head:: Sarev gracile, Captan.
[20:26] <@Ardelmos> ::slinks a little closer and glances back at Tynes, frowning and wondering whether the Captain wanted him with the group or positioned to ambush::
[20:26] <@Dimitri> As angry as I am with you. For all of this. I pulled you out of there, because I care. You know I don't toss away things, not if they're important to me. Just understand. I too, want to introduce you to my own fist, because of what you were to do, and abandoning Xochitl and myself. But you'll always be Blia to me..
[20:27] <@Mem> ::smiles at Scildfreja:: First thing on the list is you help me learn a bit of that language you speak.
[20:27] <@Detro> ::blinks:: Hiding the trash in the trash... ::manages a tight smile::
01[20:27] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She replied quietly, her tone still rough with restrained emotions:: You don't have to say, Dimitri. I know.
[20:27] <@Gabriel> ::nods and offers Roland a rather subtle version of the "overwatch" hand signal::
[20:28] <@Birkin> Yeah I guess we have. I've lost a lot of people with me in the Republican Army. What about you? Besides zero-seven
[20:28] <@Ardelmos> ::nods and moves closer, mounting an apartment building's outer stairway and settling down on it from the slightly elevated position where he can view down the road easily enough::
[20:28] <@Dimitri> ::Offers her a wry smile, a rarity in his case. :: Well Commandant, sometimes your skulls a little thick. Not that I'm any different. ::The smile fades as he watches Gabriel step out of cover, and Roland dissapear. As they too moved out of the stealthy movements.. curious about this particular planning.. ::
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::another pause:: I will teach you a little, Talon Leader. When there is time.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> ::walks up to whatever looks like the "front door" of the compound, trusting Roland to take care of anyone who doesn't at least let him get a word in::
01[20:30] <@Savant> The Liberati notice Gabriel come out pretty much immediately. They go to cover, raise rifles, and the lead cars fire up their engines. The first, a Reubeni, jerks forwards several meters
[20:30] <@Mem> ::nods at the Utopian:: Good. Sarev gracile, or that sort of thing.
[20:31] <@Ardelmos> ::pops out the bipod and sets it on the front stairs' wall, aiming down the road and counting off priority targets in his head based on who seems to be leading the group and who seems trigger happy::
[20:31] <@Delgado> ::shrugs faintly:: I never was close to anyone before I joined the Talons. It was... just a way of life in the Badlands. People come and go. Use and get used. Even in Peace River, you always had that thought in the back of the head "Is he an Earther? Ex-Pat? Sympathizer?" ::sighs heavily:: Blia and Seven were my family. And to see her... ::looks at Birkin:: Well, you saw. Like that. I couldn't take it.
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::simply, though still quiet:: It's an honour to serve.
[20:32] <@Detro> ::despite the gravity of the situation -- or perhaps to spite it -- Detro has fished out a ration bar and is thoughtfully chewing on it, looking over Melissa's shoulder::
01[20:32] <@Sav
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[20:32] <@Detro> ::despite the gravity of the situation -- or perhaps to spite it -- Detro has fished out a ration bar and is thoughtfully chewing on it, looking over Melissa's shoulder::
01[20:32] <@Savant> The Reubeni swivels the gun on its roof towards Tynes, and one of the liberati heads forwards.
01[20:32] <@Savant> 5Man> What do you want?
[20:32] <@Mem> ::thinks about it:: That makes sense. ::tils his head slightly to the side:: Sarev gracile to you, too. Thank you for joining us. ::looks back over at his computer to check up on the captain::
[20:33] <@Ardelmos> ::eyes the Reubini's roof gun and considers where the best place to hit it with a bullet to disable it would be::
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods and turns to another aisle of the greenhouse, to where the Utopian's exosuits are waiting::
[20:33] <@Gabriel> ::holds both of his hands out in front of him:: [H] To talk.
[20:33] <@Caelin> ::looks between scildfreja and mem a moment before turning back to his laptop, joting in some notes, looks like he's writing a report on recent events::
[20:33] <@Melissa> ::let's out a long breath as the initial surge of adrenaline subsides:: Well, that went almost exactly according to plan
01[20:34] <@Savant> 5Man> ::He pauses, then gestures Gabriel forwards. The others don't lower their guns:: Make it fast!
01[20:34] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::Stays in the shadows, her arms crossed::
[20:34] <@Detro> That depends. Plan's not done until Tynes walks out of there alive...
[20:34] <@Mem> ::listens to Tynes on his comm unit now, glancing at the others to make sure they're ready to move out if something happens::
[20:34] <@Birkin> ::takes a drink from his flask coughing ever so slightly as it burns on its way down:: Ok maybe you're right about the booze ::coughs a few more times and clears his throat:: And you hated to see your family like that. So weak so vunerable. Hell maybe even angery at her for taking liberties you know that you can't afford.
[20:34] <@Gabriel> We've taken a couple of things that belong to you. I'd like to talk to your leaders about it.
[20:34] <@Melissa> Not quite sure why he's gone in there ::shrugs::
[20:35] <@Dimitri> ::Eyes Gabriel, really not sure what Tynes is all about with this situation.. keeping near Blia ::
[20:35] <@Detro> Should have asked Blia where she's hidden her gear.
[20:35] <@Gabriel> ::comes more firmly into the light so that the man can see what he's wearing, and the logo on it::
[20:35] <@Delgado> ::wrinkles her brow:: Liberties? Like what? Killing thousands of people?
01[20:36] <@Savant> Gabriel is met with the sound of the actions from several rifles.
[20:36] <@Gabriel> ::smiles slightly:: Glad to be appreciated.
[20:36] <@Ardelmos> ::holds his grip a little tighter:: I know you like to be direct, Captain, but jeeeeeesuz.
[20:36] <@Ardelmos> ::to himself::
[20:36] <@Birkin> Feeling vunerable, taking the easy way out. I've thought about doing what she's been doing. Millions of times. Hell even on my first trip here. ::sits back a little bit to think on that:: Have you?
01[20:38] <@Savant> 5Man> ::When Tynes gets almost to the gates:: That's close enough. Why are you here?
[20:38] <@Mem> +com+ ::so Tynes can hear:: Captain, if you get some sort of gut feeling you want to share, just give me a magic word.
[20:38] <@Gabriel> I've already said. I've made my move, now I'd like to talk to your leaders about yours.
[20:38] <@Detro> ::watching Tynes leave himself even more open... I don't know if that's gao guhn or he's bie woo lohng...
[20:39] <@Gabriel> I could have killed all of you. I haven't. That's my show of good faith. You haven't killed me yet. That's yours.
[20:39] <@Gabriel> So now, I'd like to talk.
[20:39] <@Dimitri> ::Glances at Blia. :: I'm a little confused why he's having us walk up to his deathwish.
[20:39] <@Mem> ::glances back at the other Talons:: Wake up, people. I'd like to see if we can keep the captain alive through the end of the day.
[20:39] <@Delgado> Oh. ::is quiet for a long moment before nodding:: Yeah. I guess we all do. ::smirks as she looks Birkin over:: Then again, we -are- Talons. Not the sanest bunch, eh? ::is finally getting a bit of playfulness back::
01[20:39] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::walks back into the main area, outfitted in her exo-suit. Her unhelmeted head barely clears under the roof.::
[20:40] <@Melissa> ::to Mem:: I've already got the Octopus in the area
01[20:40] <@Savant> 5Man> ::scowls:: Fine. So Talk.
[20:41] <@Detro> ::to Mem:: And honestly, we show up with any more force there, they'd probably start shooting.
[20:41] <@Mem> ::to Detro:: That's why we're here waiting.
[20:42] <@Gabriel> ::mildly:: It'd be nice to know who I'm talking to. I am a Captain in the Terra Novan Black Talons, commanding a Talon group.
01[20:43] <@Savant> 5Man> And I'm an Amir of the Darrik clan, with thirty Ghazis under my command.
[20:43] <@Birkin> ::nods:: No we aren't. We make the best we can. What's what well all thought. What Craig thought.
[20:43] <@Caelin> ::looks up to see scildfreja and nods, standing::[AS]will you need assistance freja?
[20:43] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Excellent. First, the first item I have taken from you. Commandant, Protector?
[20:44] <@Detro> ::makes sure his comms are ready, but he stays on listen-only for now::
01[20:44] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] No, I don't think so. Are you staying here if there's trouble?
[20:44] <@Ardelmos> ::more or less takes a bead on the Amir, but keeps the scope zoomed out to ensure he can see enough of the group near Tynes that he can fire at any of them if he needs to::
[20:44] <@Dimitri> ::Steps out of the shadow's with Blia reluctantly, his jaw going taunt. He obviously wasen't pleased with this turn of events. ::
[20:44] <@Delgado> ::nods slightly, growing solumn again:: You knew Craig well?
[20:45] <@Caelin> ::nods::[AS] i'll have sleca follow you and the waeps on standby
01[20:45] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::follows along with Dimitri, pensive and quiet. She does look up at the Liberati across the asphalt, though::
[20:46] <@Birkin> Initially I didn't get to know anyone here. Still kinda don't. IT was a good policy back home. People die, Northies come down to play. Anyone I had as a friend gets killed. ::looks over at Delgado:: It was a bleak existance. I try to break those habits the past few cycles... Not that I'm all that great at it yet.
01[20:46] <@Savant> 5Man> ::Frowns when Blia comes out of the shadows:: You've hit her.
01[20:46] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] Thank you.
[20:47] <@Gabriel> Me? No. One of her former soldiers was... upset with her recent decisions.
[20:47] <@Gabriel> ::with some good humor:: If I'd hit her, she'd be in the hospital now, nursing a broken jaw.
[20:48] <@Delgado> ::grins:: Pass around that flask. You'll get to know people quick enough.
01[20:48] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::murmurs:: No, I wouldn't. ::it's hard to tell whether she's joking or not::
[20:48] <@Detro> ::winces:: Captain, these people are NOT the kind who joke around...
01[20:49] <@Savant> 5Man> You didn't come here to tell us that. What do you want.
[20:49] <@Birkin> ::grins offering Delgado the flask again:: And here I thought you were going to tell me to take all the parts back and give them to you...
[20:49] <@Dimitri> ::Chuckles. :: The Commandant would have you drinking your solids through a straw. Sir.
[20:50] <@Melissa> ::watches the scene through the eyes of the Octopus, one of the heavy lasers aimed at the vehicle with the guns on it::
[20:51] <@Mem> ::taps his fingers on the desk as he watches the exchange with rebel Liberati::
[20:51] <@Detro> ::frowns, watching the Octopus's view, and opens his comms:: +com+ Captain, Detro. These guys are *very* anxious to leave, so I doubt they're in a joking manner. Maybe you should offer to go along with them?
[20:51] <@Delgado> ::snatches the flask from him and takes another pull, but then hoards it:: Hey, you're lucky I could resupply with the Liberati or I would have. ::flashes the flask at him:: No more pilfering my supplies?
[20:51] <@Gabriel> You are planning on using a nuclear weapon in the trench. I'm afraid that I cannot allow that. You would not be blamed for it. We would. It would cause an unacceptable escalation in the war, and our cities would be obliterated with anti-matter devices in retaliation.
[20:51] <@Detro> ::off-comm, to Melissa:: Can the Octopus keep up with the convoy?
[20:51] <@Gabriel> It would also make our job of recruiting other colonies to our side much more difficult.
[20:52] <@Gabriel> I am willing to evacuate this location with you to discuss it further.
[20:52] <@Mem> ::rolls his eyes and glances over at Detro::
[20:52] <@Melissa> ::to Detro:: Yes
01[20:52] <@Savant> 5Man> ::he retorts back:: So you're saying you're our enemy?
[20:52] <@Birkin> I have all I need. Well the hard supplies to get. The other stuff the mash can be made elsewhere. Just gimmie the flask back ok, that has history to it.
[20:52] <@Detro> ::nods once:: Good.
[20:53] <@Detro> They're still anxious to leave despite knowing *we* took the bomb. ::looks at Mem:: What do you suppose THAT infers?
[20:53] <@Melissa> This is not going well
[20:54] <@Gabriel> I'm saying you have the option here to choose your enemies. I don't wish to be your enemy, but I cannot allow nuclear weapons to be used in the trench.
[20:54] <@Mem> Maybe they have an appointment to keep, even without the bomb.
[20:54] <@Delgado> ::eyes him closely then tosses the flask to him:: If I find anymore tubing missing... I'm coming for you.
[20:55] <@Detro> ...or maybe they know something we don't?
01[20:55] <@Savant> 5Man> You sould like a Van Saar ::there are a few rough laughs form the Liberati behind him:: We've been delayed long enough. We won't kill you, Terranovan. But get out of the road.
[20:55] <@Caelin> ::moves over to mem and detro, frowning::they don't sound like they're worried about losing the device
[20:55] <@Detro> ::nods to Caelin:: Or that. That perhaps they have a second device.
[20:55] <@Ardelmos> ::moves his finger from the receiver to the trigger::
[20:56] <@Gabriel> ::mildly:: hat's the rush? I've already said who has your item. It is not the CEF or CID.
[20:56] <@Mem> +com+ We could follow them pretty easily.
[20:56] <@Gabriel> <<*What's>>
[20:56] <@Detro> ::pulls up his dataglove and checks the rough map of the area, where the convoy is pointed, and where "ground zero" was likely to be located::
01[20:57] <@Savant> 5Man> ::He lopes towards the Reubeni up at the front of the line, replying as he walked:: After that noise? And the weapon fire? This place is too hot.
[20:57] <@Birkin> ::grins:: Will do Doc. I'll be careful to get it from the Liberati next time. ::finishes off a bit of the booze::
[20:57] <@Mem> ::shrugs at Detro::
[20:58] <@Gabriel> Fair enough. I request that you allow my team to accompany you.
[20:59] <@Delgado> ::smirks:: You do that. ::looks around and sighs at the mix of people currently left:: ... I need a goddamn nap.
[20:59] <@Dimitri> ::Stares at Gabriel, watching each of the Liberati carefully. For once happy to have Roland watching over the group..::
01[20:59] <@Savant> 5Man> We let an offworlder in, once. Look what it got us. ::gestures with his rifle towards Blia as he opens the door to the Reubeni::
[20:59] <@Gabriel> She is not harmed. You are not harmed.
[21:00] <@Ardelmos> ::mutters:: Yet
01[21:00] <@Savant> 5Man> Only lost a good plan and two months of work. ::spits on the ground:: Good men died for that. Tell me how that's 'not harmed'.
[21:01] <@Gabriel> Millions of innocents. who would otherwise soon be dead will live.
01[21:01] <@Savant> 5Man> ::bitterly:: They're already dead.
[21:01] <@Birkin> Where do you need to go?
[21:02] <@Detro> ::whaps his data glove on the side as it seems to not be giving him the information he's asked for::
[21:03] <@Gabriel> No. I assure you, they are very much alive, and want to remain that way. Caprice can be freed from the CEF without laying your own planet to waste.
[21:03] <@Detro> Mem, you've got a copy of Glovbuntu with you, right? This Panorama XP isn't doing so well on my glove these days...
[21:03] <@Delgado> I don't need to go anywhere. Unless Tynes orders me too. ::sighs again:: .... I am so fucked. I punched a superior officer in front of my new CO.
[21:04] <@Ardelmos> ::mutters to himself:: This isn't gonna work with these assholes, Captain.
01[21:04] <@Savant> 5Man> You don't know, Sandman, ::slings himself into the truck::
[21:05] <@Birkin> ::snorts:: You just did what a lot of us, including your new CO, were thinking about doing. You might not get promoted any time soon baring another death. You'll be fine.
[21:05] <@Detro> ::looks at Mem, but decides not to push the issue... he'll just cope with it for now::
[21:06] <@Delgado> Oh crap. And I so wanted to make Captain before next season.
[21:06] <@Detro> ::goes back to figuring out where the convoy's likely routes are ging::
[21:06] <@Melissa> ::sends a command to warm up the laser cannons::
01[21:07] <@Savant> The Liberati fire up their engines and the whole line begins to roll out. Slowly, so as to give the Terranovans time to get out of the way.
[21:07] <@Mem> +com+ I can have the Utopians track them, captain.
[21:07] <@Birkin> You can stay a peon with the rest of us.
01[21:08] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::glances at Caelin sharply:: [AS] Are we going to do what he says, like that?
[21:08] <@Gabriel> ::nods to himself, and steps out of the way:: +com+ Do so.
[21:08] <@Delgado> ::sits up straighter:: Peon? I am a -doctor-, thank you very much. ... Pleeb. ::grins::
[21:09] <@Detro> ::looks up from the dataglove:: You think they have the ability to track that nuke?
[21:09] <@Birkin> Watch it doc. You'll be the doctor with no thongs or panties or whatever you wear if you keep on insulting the man with the codes for the SEMTEX.
01[21:09] <@Savant> The Liberati accelerate as the road is cleared, and their convoy breaks up into several smaller groups of vehicles, spreading out to new destinations. The Talons are left behind under the wan light of a skylight from far up in Gamma level.
[21:09] <@Mem> ::nods and looks to Scildfreja:: Sarev, Scildfreja?
[21:10] <@Gabriel> ::to himself:: Damn it.
01[21:10] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:10] <@Caelin> ::glances back and shrugs::+subcom+spidhra one follow liberati caravan
01[21:11] <@Savant> that seems like a fun ending line. I do encourage you guys to continue on in an aftergame, but I think that's a good place to stop the official session.
01[21:11] <@Savant> I'll bump that line up into the game proper.
01[21:11] <@Savant> Comments, questions?
[21:11] <@Caelin> actually since they split up it's probably pointless to try to follow
[21:11] <@Detro> ::Raises::
[21:11] <@Ardelmos> Meeesa gunna gonna shoot some liberati?
01[21:11] <@Savant> Detro?
[21:11] <@Detro> You, uh, didn't really mean -10,000 XP, right?
01[21:11] <@Savant> are you going to make any more computer jokes? D:<
[21:12] <@Detro> If you insist on having computer hacking detailed, I can't see why I can't get more detailed about computers and such. :\
[21:12] <@Birkin> XP Service Pack CCCXI
[21:12] <@Detro> I mean, if it's porting the combat system into the computer world, there HAS to be OSes, because they're the equivalent of a named gear model.
01[21:13] <@Savant> no windows jokes. I forbid it.
01[21:13] <@Savant> or -10 000 experience points
01[21:13] <@Savant> anyways. Who wants experience? Positive ones, even.
06[21:13] * @Detro holds off on comparing the GM to the UAC of Vista
[21:13] <@Delgado> Meeeees
[21:14] <@Mem> So get detailed about computers, but don't make anachronistic puns.
[21:14] <@Birkin> Me me
[21:14] <@Mem> It isn't an April Fool sim.
[21:14] <@Mem> *fools
01[21:14] <@Savant> expees. One is for showing up. Two is for teamwork. Tell me how you guys worked as a team tonight.
[21:14] <@Delgado> I helped knock some sense into Blia so she could be worked with. =D
[21:14] <@Mem> We sat in the same room and didn't interact with each other. Next.
[21:14] <@Caelin> the AFS is 2 weeks away:)
[21:15] <@Detro> Good split between the team working Blia and the team on recon/crate retrieval
[21:15] <@Melissa> i mostly resloved the nuke issue...
[21:15] <@Caelin> there was some interaction, melissa, caelin, freja and the drones captured the nuke:)
[21:15] <@Gabriel> Great stuff between Dimitri, Delgado, and Gabriel.
[21:15] <@Mem> wasn't really teamwork, was my point.
[21:15] <@Ardelmos> Birkin and Roland were chatty. Wink
[21:15] <@Gabriel> Even Delgado hitting Blia fit, in context.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> I thought both of you guys did great, great work in that scene.
[21:16] <@Mem> Yeah, that was good stuff.
[21:16] <@Dimitri> And my hurting Blia's feelings
01[21:16] <@Savant> poor Blia Sad
[21:16] <@Delgado> I know. =(
01[21:17] <@Savant> and I agree, you guys did great in that scene.
01[21:17] <@Savant> I've been very happy with your character development over the past few games.
01[21:17] <@Savant> I'll give you the Teamwork point. NExt is plot. Tell me what you learned about the story, and why it's important.
[21:18] <@Caelin> the highlands first has the ability to produce antimatter
[21:18] <@Mem> Antimatter collection, self-evident.
[21:18] <@Birkin> Yeah and nukes
[21:18] <@Melissa> the Darrikin(?) clan has scientists on planet that are making their material, which means they can have another bomb soonish
01[21:18] <@Savant> Darrik clan.
[21:18] <@Ardelmos> We can't piss off Highlands First.
01[21:18] <@Savant> you already have Wink
[21:18] <@Ardelmos> We need them to nuke the orbiting stations, not the trench. Wink
[21:18] <@Gabriel> They were pre-pissed off.
[21:18] <@Mem> It's important because we could use that to our advantage. But it's also important because we need to shut down a competing group because we fail if they succeed.
[21:18] <@Detro> Do we know if antimatter bombs can be detected prior to detonation?
[21:19] <@Gabriel> And it's important mostly from the standpoint of allies outside Caprice.
[21:19] <@Ardelmos> Highly unlikely.
[21:19] <@Mem> I don't see how.
01[21:19] <@Savant> antimatter bombs have a bit of a signature, faint, from the magnetic fields holding the antimatter.
[21:19] <@Mem> Antimatter has to be contained in a special container, right?
[21:19] <@Mem> Eh.
01[21:19] <@Savant> yeah, it has to be magnetically bottled
[21:19] <@Gabriel> If they succeed in nuking their own people or if TN gets blamed for nuking Caprician civilians, TN may as well surrender.
[21:19] <@Mem> Anyway, that's what we learned.
01[21:19] <@Savant> so you learned that you're fucked, then?
[21:19] <@Gabriel> Nobody's gonna ally with the side that nukes their own innocents. That means the CID will have a recruiting field day with the other colonies against TN.
[21:20] <@Gabriel> Nope. I'm pointing out that from a story stand-point, that's a tiny bit important. Wink
[21:20] <@Melissa> there was a comment made by Gotah earlier about access to PL:
[21:20] <@Melissa> [19:23] <Melissa> [19:23] <Savant> 2Commandant Gotah> Figure that there's no way in then, huh? Nothing at all? ::looks mildly down into his mug, stirring the contents about with a swirl of his hands::
[21:20] <@Delgado> Yeah, pretty much.
01[21:20] <@Savant> the admiral of the 8th fleet just got a wonderful, horrible idea, and she is nodding emphatically right now.
[21:20] <@Melissa> he might believe that there was another way into Paladin Lots
[21:21] <@Detro> Gotah implied that a single person might be able to infiltrate the Lots.
[21:21] <@Melissa> i think more than just a single person, on foot, could have gotten in...but hey
[21:21] <@Melissa> moot now
[21:21] <@Mem> Haven't we been inside before?
01[21:22] <@Savant> once
[21:22] <@Detro> ::facepalm::
[21:22] <@Birkin> Yeah, as a team
[21:22] <@Mem> So yeah, 'course we can get in. Wink
[21:22] <@Birkin> and our exit is believed to be sealed off
[21:22] <@Caelin> the last time we went in, we posed at maintenance workers, and didn't require ID implants to back it up
01[21:23] <@Savant> anyways. That's a good amount of storyline for you to swallow. That's three points. I'll make it four if you can tell me what you think of the current storyline so far, and how you'd make it better.
[21:24] <@Mem> It's okay. Seems like we're kind of jumping around everywhere, but I'll blame that on me missing a couple of games.
[21:24] <@Dimitri> I think if our team was more conversational about our objectives. More group planning. Instead of just bang, lets go running off
[21:24] <@Delgado> Blow the shit out of Caprice?
[21:24] <@Delgado> =D
01[21:24] <@Savant> agreed, Dimitri. You guys need to schedule a planning night.
[21:24] <@Caelin> you know, i like how this is turning out, plenty of curveballs being tossed our way:)
01[21:24] <@Savant> Tuesdays or Wednesdays would be best I imagine, for that.
[21:24] <@Detro> I'm kinda wondering how we're going to move on when we seem to find a loose end that needs to be tied up every week.
[21:24] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: We're getting pushed off the rails a bit. I think we had a plan, and now we're back in a react mode.
[21:25] <@Ardelmos> Running into a nuke will do that.
01[21:25] <@Savant> Detro, I agree, lots and lots of loose ends. You can just tell Gotah and he'll hand it off to someone else, too. You arne't here alone.
[21:25] <@Ardelmos> So will shooting and dragging off an individual with no warning. Wink
[21:25] <@Caelin> the nuke and highlands first is kinda like alain's capture:)
[21:25] <@Dimitri> There was plenty of warning Wink I did bring a gun with me afterall
01[21:26] <@Savant> anything else?
[21:26] <@Detro> Well, you just stole the "how to fix it" part.
[21:26] <@Mem> OOC planning, sure.
[21:26] <@Mem> Militaries aren't usually run with group planning. Wink
01[21:26] <@Savant> four points for everyone. Five for Melissa, Delgado, and Dimitri, for doing a bang-up job today. All three of you really tied it up in a knot.
[21:27] <@Detro> And I really don't know if OOC planning is going to work.
01[21:27] <@Savant> questions?
[21:27] <@Delgado> weeee
[21:27] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: It's not a bad plot, and it's great in terms of putting us in a bad position.
01[21:27] <@Savant> yeah, I don't think OOC planning works either. Just wing it Wink
[21:27] <@Mem> Well, I for one prefer to retain some integrity for the setting.
[21:27] <@Gabriel> So I definitely commend you on that. Wink
01[21:27] <@Savant> taking a page from your playbook, that's all
[21:27] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: We did, actually.
[21:27] <@Mem> Tonight was a little sloppy, imo.
[21:27] <@Gabriel> It's just gonna be an easy plot to burn out on, I think, because there's not gonna be a good solution to it, no matter what happens.
[21:27] <@Mem> On our part.
[21:27] <@Detro> YEah, location tags would have been nice.
[21:27] <@Melissa> i had a plan all worked out
01[21:27] <@Savant> Melissa planned out that whole snatch-and-grab this week
[21:27] <@Dimitri> +1 to Electronics, Mechanics, Stealth, Melee, Athletics
01[21:28] <@Savant> You can hand it off when you're tired of it, or when you can't see a good option. That's what the chain of command is for.
01[21:28] <@Savant> Approved, Dimitri.
01[21:28] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:34] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:34] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:34] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Black Talons in Session'
[18:34] <@Detro> ::Attn::
01[18:34] <@Savant> still going to wait a little, but iet's get everyone in here and ready.
03[18:35] * Fras (~fdeziel@bas4-kitchener06-1096618126.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #bt05
03[18:35] * Mem sets mode: +o Fras
03[18:35] * Fras is now known as Ardelmos
01[18:35] <@Savant> hey Fras. Still waiting on others, but i wanted to see who was awake
03[18:35] * Birkin (~shadow_fj@c-71-59-186-59.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:35] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Birkin
[18:35] <@Mem> I'm eating dinner
[18:35] <@Mem> While we wait.
01[18:36] <@Savant> sure. And hello, how are you. Everyone read the teaser?
[18:36] <@Dimitri> ::Sttn:
[18:36] <@Melissa> yup
[18:36] <@Detro> Teasers, for me. I can't tell if that was a yes or no from Kellerton. Smile
[18:37] <@Mem> ...what?
[18:38] <@Detro> Kellerton replied to Detro's love letter. Wink
01[18:39] <@Savant> hm, we have seven people today.
01[18:39] <@Savant> do we want to keep waiting?
[18:40] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: I'm open to either. Or maybe we have an informal game.
[18:40] <@Detro> Either waiting or calling it off.
[18:40] <@Melissa> i'm good to go
01[18:41] <@Savant> you guys need to decide who's joining the competition, beforehand Wink
[18:41] <@Detro> I already told ya. Delgado, Melissa, Mem. Wink
[18:41] <@Birkin> Delgado and Melissa for sure
01[18:41] <@Savant> i say Roland Wink
[18:41] <@Mem> Birkin, Roland, and Delgado.
[18:41] <@Mem> All the grumps.
01[18:41] <@Savant> mehehee
[18:42] <@Birkin> "blow shit up" "I kill people" and "I fix people"
03[18:42] * DakTheObserver (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has left #bt05
[18:42] <@Delgado> heh
[18:42] <@Detro> Is that your final answer
[18:42] <@Detro> ?
[18:42] <@Birkin> No Wink
01[18:42] <@Savant> I need a third, here Wink
[18:43] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: I made my recommendations, but it's apparently up to Mem. Wink
01[18:43] <@Savant> if you can't come to a consensus, then Mem is the decider.
01[18:44] <@Savant> Mem is the one who decides.
[18:44] <@Ardelmos> Roland might be able to outright scare the judges into voting for him, but that might be transparent to the audience. Wink
[18:44] <@Detro> So I guess we wait for a serious answer from Mem then...
[18:44] <@Mem> Is anyone interested in being in the pageant?
[18:44] <@Mem> Razz
[18:44] <@Dimitri> Dimitri would be like a deer in the headlights
[18:44] <@Melissa> i've already volunteered Mel, so yes
[18:44] <@Mem> Colin, which two are you saying?
[18:44] <@Detro> Not particularly, no.
[18:44] <@Delgado> Sssuuuuuuure.
[18:44] <@Mem> Oh come on. Roland has to be in the beauty pageant.
01[18:44] <@Savant> Melissa and Delgado are saying yes, I believe
[18:45] <@Mem> Or it isn't almost April.
[18:45] <@Melissa> it will be by the time we get this decided.... Wink
01[18:45] <@Savant> were Jester here, I'd suggest Tynes Wink
01[18:46] <@Savant> Lead from the front, and all
[18:46] <@Mem> That'd be cool, too, but he isn't (yet)
[18:46] <@Ardelmos> ::snickers::
[18:46] <@Melissa> he doesn't lead from the front...
[18:46] <@Mem> All our BLD +1s and up
[18:46] <@Detro> Who says we can't suggest him?
[18:46] <@Birkin> isnt he BLD +1 and APP +1 ?
[18:46] <@Mem> Because he isn't here to give us comedy.
[18:46] <@Delgado> Yes, he -has- to do it.
01[18:46] <@Savant> he's a hot hunk of man.
01[18:46] <@Savant> we can wait for him to show up if that's the plan
[18:47] <@Detro> But if he shows up, he'll refuse Wink
[18:47] <@Ardelmos> Why are men in this thing, anyway? Isn't it Miss Caprice?
[18:47] <@Mem> I asked the same thing.
[18:47] <@Detro> Because Colin said there are men in this thing in the teaser
[18:47] <@Mem> I think we should grab PIC or Juno or something to be the third woman. Wink
[18:47] <@Delgado> mehehe, I can just see him rubbed down with baby oil and strutting across the stage.
01[18:47] <@Savant> because i am a jerk and saying you have to have three contestants Wink
[18:47] <@Birkin> Ahaha
[18:47] <@Birkin> Juno Wink
[18:48] <@Mem> <Mem> +com+ Hey SUnshine. Have a project for you.
01[18:48] <@Savant> oh God, Juno would be ridiculous in this Wink
[18:48] <@Birkin> That might be really good
[18:48] <@Melissa> i'm sure BT04 would give Juno up...
01[18:48] <@Savant> sadly, she's blowing up shit with Gotah right now. As funny as that would be Wink
[18:48] <@Mem> Too bad we don't have a GREL character.
[18:48] <@Detro> Jane. Wink
[18:48] <@Birkin> Probably the same thing
[18:48] <@Mem> haha Jane. +com+ Hey Jane. Have a project for you.
[18:48] <@Birkin> killing stuff with Gotah
01[18:48] <@Savant> yup
[18:49] <@Mem> I'm jealous.
01[18:49] <@Savant> want a briefing at least?
[18:49] <@Mem> Mem requests a transfer to BT04.
03[18:49] * Caelin (~scotty@s013.isp.ca) has joined #BT05
[18:49] <@Detro> Make Caelin do it.
01[18:49] <@Savant> have a briefing. Oh, hey, a Caelin.
03[18:49] * Mem sets mode: +o Caelin
[18:49] <@Detro> No, better yet, Caelin's female friend.
01[18:49] <@Savant> he can be the Utopian representative
[18:49] <@Mem> Miss Utopia
[18:49] <@Detro> Scildacfreakingmilllioncharacters.
[18:49] <@Mem> Scilda. heheh.
[18:49] <@Mem> Agnes Lemnos
01[18:50] <@Savant> Scildfreja? Haha, awesome. "Tell us one of your biggest wishes." "Harsher sentences for parole violators."
[18:50] <@Mem> Mem wholeheartedly rejects any male participants, and will actively seek ways to get them out of the competition.
[18:50] <@Detro> We could learn a lot about Scild from her answers to the questions.
[18:50] <@Detro> Aw, what's the matter Mem? Don't wanna see Detro on stage wearing nothing but a g-string?
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2Mister Congeniality
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2 14 Lares 275LC, 1900h - Evening - (19S TN1945)
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2 Gordiconn Tower, Babylon Summit District, Gomorrah, Caprice.
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2 5 degrees Celcius, 4% humidity, 95 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:50] <@Savant> Who Wants to be a Pageant Winner? Gomorrah has always been attracted to the glitzy, dramatic, showy sides of life - sometimes to the point of gaudiness. With this fact in mind you find yourselves entered into the Miss Caprice Pageant - likely not all of you, but at least two. Apparently there's some dude that you have to get out of the city, and the only way to contact him is winning this thing.
01[18:50] <@Savant> Sadly, none of you have been spending your lives trying to be Miss (or Mister) Congeniality - quite the opposite, at times you seem to be downright unpleasant towards other people. It doesn't seem likely that you'll do so well against a gaggle of primped, preened young businesspeople from across the WorldCity. If there's anything going for you, though, it is your complete willingness to cheat.
01[18:50] <@Savant> But be warned! The corporations of Caprice watch this competition closely and will likely be acting to make sure their favourites win, and they don't have the same moral compunctions as you - a scary thought indeed. If I were you, I'd start cheating now. Maybe you'll be able to make up the difference.
01[18:50] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:51] <@Mem> Detro? No. Roland: Absolutely.
[18:51] <@Mem> ack
[18:51] <@Detro> ack! Holy crossdressing street whores Batman!
[18:51] <@Ardelmos> Complete willingness to cheat. Ahahah.
[18:51] <@Delgado> ack
06[18:51] * @Savant grins
[18:51] <@Melissa> ack
[18:52] <@Birkin> ack
01[18:52] <@Savant> any pre-game cheating you want to do? Wink
[18:52] <@Melissa> if they have electronic voting, we just need to hack their system and patch the code
[18:52] <@Delgado> ...
06[18:52] * @Delgado twitches
[18:52] <@Detro> Craft/Grooming?
[18:52] <@Ardelmos> Get intel files on all the contestants. Wink
[18:52] <@Mem> Mem remotely locks all of the male contestants into their dressing rooms for the remainder of the pageant.
[18:52] <@Delgado> Oooh, I can say so many things right now...
[18:52] <@Detro> Hmm, not a bad idea Mel.
[18:53] <@Delgado> A little under table backstage 'handshake'?
[18:53] <@Melissa> http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-cat-knocks-birdhouse.jpg
[18:53] <@Mem> Mem can hit on one of the judges
01[18:53] <@Savant> intel files can be gotten. The contests are all judged by a panel of judges, so the electronic voting thing won't work.
[18:54] <@Mem> Assuming they're hot
[18:54] <@Ardelmos> Intel files on the judges. Wink
[18:54] <@Melissa> hmm...
[18:54] <@Ardelmos> Whom can we kidnap? Wink
[18:54] <@Detro> Secretly replace the shampoo of all of the other contestants with smart glue.
[18:54] <@Mem> And who can we fuck?
[18:54] <@Detro> Glue their hands to their heads.
[18:54] <@Melissa> what movie was that from
[18:55] <@Delgado> I'll be willing to... Ok, not fuck as Mem put it, but do some hand action with the promise of a complete "stage act" at the end if she wins.
01[18:55] <@Savant> Five judges; four Gomorran and one Liberati. The gomorran judges are from Hakkar, Gallot, KSM and Venarow.
[18:55] <@Detro> They did that with epoxy in one of the Police Academies. Wink
[18:55] <@Melissa> right
[18:56] <@Delgado> Sexual favoooors.
[18:56] <@Delgado> Except for the Liberati judge.
[18:56] <@Delgado> That's just wrong.
[18:56] <@Detro> ?
[18:57] <@Melissa> Well, wasn't Gallot going to try to help swing things for one of us anyway?
01[18:59] <@Savant> a poor turnout tonight :\ and it was Mariss that was going to help you, yes?
[18:59] <@Detro> Heh. No fault of yours Colin.
[18:59] <@Birkin> Yeah so if we're getting help from Mariss doesn't that mean that Hakkar judge is in the bag?
[18:59] <@Detro> Not necessarily.
01[19:00] <@Savant> Caprice is built on nepotism and blatant favouritism Smile
[19:00] <@Mem> And money, and sex.
[19:00] <@Detro> Mmm, sex...
[19:00] <@Mem> Leave that to Mem.
[19:00] <@Mem> If there is a judge to be sexed up, he'll do it.
[19:00] <@Birkin> oh wait. Are we going to be the Hakkar "girl" or will that be someone else
01[19:01] <@Savant> you're Team Hakkar, yes.
[19:01] <@Melissa> we still need a third person
[19:01] <@Melissa> if Mem isn't going to do it, then we need someone who isn't generally offensive to the eyes
[19:02] <@Birkin> We're Team Hakkar. Then we have Hakkar in the bag.
[19:02] <@Detro> It better be wearing a condom then
[19:02] <@Birkin> And probably the utter loathing of KSM, Gallot and Vernarow judges
[19:02] <@Detro> Oh. Bag. Not sack.
01[19:03] <@Savant> informal game tonight. I want to save this story for when everyone is here, and this is getting silly Wink Everyone think of something they want to accomplish with their character tonight, and /msg it to me.
[19:03] <@Detro> I still think Mem should do this. Think of all the contacts he can make with the other contestants.
[19:03] <@Ardelmos> Hrm.
01[19:03] <@Savant> that can include going off on your own, or working with other characters.
[19:04] <@Ardelmos> Mem and I want to assassinate Rasuul. Can we do that informally? Wink
01[19:04] <@Savant> you can work on it if you want, yes.
[19:04] <@Birkin> Where are we at? Safehouse?
[19:04] <@Mem> hehe
[19:04] <@Mem> Rock on.
01[19:04] <@Savant> same safehouse as before, I assume
01[19:05] <@Savant> still waiting for some /msg's
[19:07] <@Mem> brb bio
01[19:12] <@Savant> okay, this is going to be nuts. We're all going to start out at the safehouse, but I suspect people will quickly spread out to dow hat they're doing
01[19:12] <@Savant> do try to work together, would you? Wink
[19:12] <@Detro> I am, I'm delaying my quest to help kill Rasuul Wink
01[19:12] <@Savant> you can work towards yours on the way if you feel like it
01[19:12] <@Savant> anyways. Final questions?
01[19:13] <@Savant> nope. Let's roll
01[19:13] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[19:14] <@Savant> It's starting to roll on into evening, now, but it's likely that few of you are tired. Being a Black Talon seriously messes with your sleep cycle. The greenhouse is slightly cool, pleasantly humid, and as dim and gross as always.
[19:15] <@Melissa> ::stretches out on the floor, working the kinks out of her neck and shoulders before going back to the two datapads of earth ships::
[19:15] <@Detro> ::seems to have developed insomnia because of his line of work... so he's on his bunk, but working on tracking down Rasuul's movements with his data glove::
[19:15] <@Dimitri> ::Spends time having arranged to be a escort of sorts for Blia, to keep an eye on her, at almost all times. Today he had indicator to her, that, they were going to spend some time teaching her to correct her most terrible of skillsets..., ::
[19:16] <@Ardelmos> ::digs around with a trowel in the dirt of one of the clay pots of the greenhouse, frowning slightly to himself as he pours a plant mixture into the soil::
01[19:17] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::Hands held upwards in front of her, wearing a pair of pink oven mitts:: How did you convince me to do this again, Dimitri?
[19:17] <@Delgado> ::is walking around aimlessly in the small space. She does slow lap after slow lap, her mind wandering as much as she is::
[19:17] <@Caelin> ::walks over to melissa::what are you looking at?
[19:18] <@Detro> ::tap tap tap.... he's using the stylus for once::
[19:18] <@Dimitri> ::Chuckles, finding the Commandants unintentional feminine charms to seep through her small actions. :: Quite easily. I'd rather not be posioned the next time you invite me over for a bite... that's all. ::as he half grins at her.::
[19:18] <@Mem> ::leans back in a chair, a snack of some kind between his teeth, reaching to the computer interface to rewind a video of some sort of Gomorran entertainment program::
[19:19] <@Detro> Hrpmh. We missed a good opportunity to get that bitch. She was at a local hotel.
[19:19] <@Melissa> ::looks up at Caelin:: Umm, well, we managed to pull a ton of information from an Earth training simulator. I'm going through the various ships looking for weak points and such
[19:19] <@Birkin> ::rubs his eyes, pulling away from the computer screen to try and absorb some of the new information he has gotten::
01[19:20] <@Savant> Mem's computer finishes and plays mid-video, and his speakers loose a gently wafting croon of a song... "Here she comes... queeen of Caprice... See her crown of stars... see her glooowing smile...."
[19:20] <@Caelin> ::nods::care for some assistance?
[19:20] <@Mem> ::laughs out loud at a joke made on the video, then glances over at another screen doing an intense data search as he takes the snack in and chews down on it::
[19:20] <@Ardelmos> ::repots the plant and dusts his hands off, setting the trowel down alongside the rest of his gardening tools -- he looked down the greenhouse row with some satisfaction, having dealt with most of the plants at this point in the day::
[19:20] <@Detro> Hmm. She even stayed there overnight.
[19:20] <@Melissa> ::hands him one of the datapads:: Sure, more eyes the better
[19:21] <@Caelin> ::takes the pad starts scrolling through::
[19:21] <@Mem> ::echoes after flipping the channel back to the pageant, his voice able to carry a tune, but just barely:: Here she comes... queen of Caprice...
[19:22] <@Mem> Taking off... her bra and panties...
01[19:22] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> Next time you're over, I'll order out. Prophet. What are we making?
[19:22] <@Mem> ::leans back and takes a swig of a drink, glancing at the data stream again::
[19:22] <@Detro> No meetings... no conventions...
[19:23] <@Detro> ::smirks:: My my, could it be our Terran Witch had a tryst?
[19:23] <@Delgado> ::grabs a nearby chunk of dried dirt and as she makes her lap, she tries to throw it at Mem, but her aim is too high and it flies over his head and knocks one of Roland's pots to the ground::
[19:23] <@Mem> ::glances up towards Roland at the noise::
[19:23] <@Mem> ::turns and glances over his shoulder at Delgado, smirking::
[19:24] <@Detro> ::digs further, looking for the room registration information... and thinking about it, rooms next to the room she was in::
[19:24] <@Dimitri> ::Glances through the various options in the safehouses fridge. :: hmm.. well.. ::he grabs a bit of this, and a bit of that. Sniffing various items. :: We'll improvise.
[19:24] <@Delgado> ::ignores the pot as she sneers at Mem:: I'll get you next time.
[19:24] <@Mem> ::continues half-singing:: Full of grace and charm... what's that spot of blood on her arm... here she comes...
[19:25] <@Melissa> I hate to admit it, but they do know how to make a decent craft ::mutters as she looks at some of the small capital ships::
[19:25] <@Mem> ::slips into a hum as the sitcom comes back on in the background::
[19:25] <@Detro> Hmm. Room reserved by the CID... but no meetings or conferences at the hotel. And the rooms next to hers, registered in the name of Gallot...
[19:26] <@Delgado> ::once Mem goes back to his humming, she once again does her lazy lapping of the entire space::
[19:27] <@Caelin> ::makes not of a few details:: yes, but their gateship...a shot to the gravity ring could cause the gate drive to cascade....and this "urchin" has poor aft armor
01[19:27] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::she purses her lips and puts her gloved hands on her hips:: Well, okay then. Gimme what you've got. Let's see it.
[19:27] <@Mem> ::changes to a whistle now of the pageant theme, which was a retardly cheesy but catchy tune, as he starts reading through the info he'd just stumbled upon::
[19:27] <@Mem> <<retardedly>>
[19:27] <@Birkin> ::frowns as he looks up some of the home brewing that he's been dying to see::
[19:28] <@Birkin> these guys are good
[19:28] <@Melissa> Hmm...that gives me a couple of interesting ideas...though it might be a little too complex. Simple is better ::purses her lips for a moment::
[19:28] <@Mem> ::smirks:: Queen Caprice indeed. ::a picture of Rasuul pops up on one of the monitors::
[19:28] <@Mem> Ice queen bitch of the void.
[19:29] <@Ardelmos> ::dusts his hands again as he walks up behind Mem, eyeing the picture on the screen:: I'd love to put a void in her head.
[19:29] <@Detro> ::from across the aisle:: You mean the Terran Witch.
[19:29] <@Mem> ::hops onto a network and looks for access to the hotel servers::
[19:29] <@Dimitri> ::Dispenses the various ingredients out. :: well here's what we have.. so it looks like we could make a good soup, maybe some salads.. and what else can you think of?
01[19:29] <@Savant> The greenery has fared very well under Rolands' care. Where once these plants had lived neglected most of the time, they were now well pruned, and looked almost glowing with gren life. Except for the one smashed on the floor, of course.
[19:29] <@Detro> ::pulls up the hotel floor plans::
[19:30] <@Detro> ::and finds they're not available from the data he has so far:: Hey Mem, think you can coax the floor plans for this place out of Costa Moreia? ::passes the data he has on the hotel Rasuul was in over to him::
01[19:31] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::leans over Dimitri's shoulder, looking into the small cooler/fridge:: Prophet, I have no idea. Whatabout that, back there? That's meat? We could do something with that.
[19:31] <@Birkin> ::Stares at the screen for a few moments:: Goddammit. Idiots. ::folds his arms over his chest for a moment, trying to visualize something in his head until he spots Delgado... Making laps:: You getting in shape for the pagent?
[19:31] <@Mem> ::looks at the data:: I have this. And I don't know, I'm not interested in floor plans. I want to know where she is right now.
[19:31] <@Detro> She stayed the night there, but there's no conferences or meetings I've found that she would attend. Still checking the local industry listings tho.
[19:31] <@Dimitri> ::Glances into the fridge and laughs heartily.:: Well, it's not meat persay.. but it'll do. Grab it, and I'll show you how to prepare tofu.
[19:32] <@Ardelmos> ::crosses his arms:: Where she is now isn't gonna help, cause her sorry ass probably doesn't stay in one place too long. We need to know where the fucker's gonna be.
[19:32] <@Caelin> ::glances to melissa:: what did you have in mind?
[19:32] <@Detro> ::shrugs at Mem:: We're all creatures of habit, whether by choice or by job description. We find out why she stayed at this hotel, we might be able to figure out where else she might stay if she goes out.
01[19:32] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::grunts and takes the plastic dish from the fridge:: What I wouldn't give for a springer steak right now...
[19:33] <@Delgado> ::has a clod of dirt ready and slings it at Birkin on a pass-by, having it disinegrate all over his shoes:: Yeah, that's -exactly- what I'm doing. You're so intuitive.
[19:33] <@Detro> I mean, the area around and under this hotel is all light stuff. A little commercial and industrial. I could see staying in a hotel if she were checking out some production line, but this stuff? I'm nmot sure.
[19:33] <@Melissa> ::smirks and shrugs:: Well, I know the general configuration of the gate drive system on the ship...the first thought I had would require being able to hack into all their gateships here and inputting something that would cause the gate drive to destabalize during the sequence
[19:34] <@Melissa> Basically, collapsing the gate just as ships started to enter it.
[19:34] <@Mem> ::shrugs at Detro:: She meets with a lot of people. We could see if she's got anything coming up with Gallot.
[19:34] <@Birkin> I'll have to spend more time shining my shoes now. How creul. ::closes his eyes briefly:: What are you thinking on then?
[19:34] <@Mem> At Gallot, even. ::mutters:: I wish Mariss would give us some kind of heads up.
[19:35] <@Mem> Could get Karas to go over to the hotel and see what sorts of preparations were made to her room.
[19:35] <@Ardelmos> ::grumbles and tosses a stuck of gum into his mouth:: Hopefully something public. Can't have the CEF covering her splattered brains up in a media frenzy, can we?
[19:35] <@Detro> Hmm, not a bad idea.
[19:35] <@Dimitri> ::Chuckles:: Now start the burners, with the frying pans.
[19:35] <@Detro> Though I'm sure anything they prepped the room was taken with them when they left.
[19:35] <@Delgado> ::stops making laps and wanders over to Birkin as she shrugs slightly, her eyes on the floor and her voice slightly distracted:: Dunno. Anything. Everything. It's not like there's a lack of subjects to think about at the moment.. ::glances over to where people are Rasuul hunting, then over to Dimitri and Blia::
[19:35] <@Mem> And see who these businessmen were she was meeting with.
[19:35] <@Caelin> ::hmms::that would prevent the terrans from invading your terranova again, but how many gateships are there?
01[19:36] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::turns the burner on the hot plate up high and sets a bare pan down on it::
[19:36] <@Mem> ::stares at the screen a moment, then starts typing in a new search for the Gallot names::
[19:36] <@Dimitri> Now, which ingrediant should you add to the pan before putting the tofu on there?
[19:36] <@Detro> That's just it, I can't find anything yet about who she met with. There doesn't seem to be much in the area for her to need to tour, so I'm guessing she either met with those people in the rooms next to her, or... well, maybe she's taken a local lover.
01[19:37] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> Prophet. I don't know. Do you deep-fry this stuff or something?
[19:37] <@Ardelmos> ::arches an eyebrow at that:: The cold bitch? A lover?
[19:37] <@Mem> Seems strange enough for a CID brass to be spending a night anywhere not in a heavily militarized base.
[19:37] <@Dimitri> ::shrugs:: Normally, but we don't really have that option so we're just going to frying pan fry it. Take some of that oil there, and fill the pan a little.
[19:37] <@Ardelmos> ::sniffs:: Unless they're trying to entice us.
[19:37] <@Detro> Yup. Which to me sounds like she's doing something she wanted to hide from the CEF. Or at least the CID.
[19:38] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts, then snaps his gum::
[19:38] <@Mem> The room was purchased by Bertrand Wales, Gallot person-of-some-importance.
01[19:38] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> Huh. Okay. ::pours in some of the oil, which immediately starts to snap and pop angrily::
[19:38] <@Mem> ::starts a side search for Bertrand Wales upcoming events and ticket sales::
[19:38] <@Detro> hmm
[19:39] <@Dimitri> Now add the tofu, and make sure to turn it at regular intervals..
[19:39] <@Mem> ::glances over at Detro from his chair and stretches out, sprawling:: Well... the trail isn't too cold. Only three days.
[19:39] <@Detro> ::nods:: It was recently she stayed there, yes.
[19:39] <@Mem> It's about as close as we've ever been. We just need her to slip up.
[19:39] <@Detro> ::looks back for any other times she stayed in hotels::
[19:40] <@Mem> Also check to see if this Bertrand guy has made other reservations.
[19:40] <@Birkin> Ah. Yeah thats true. They're looking for Rassual aren't they? I bet Roland still kicks himself in the ass every night because of that.
[19:40] <@Ardelmos> She stayin' in normal rooms, or one of the upper suites or penthouses?
[19:40] <@Detro> Normal rooms. Nice ones, but decidedly not the penthouse.
[19:40] <@Mem> Based on the price, it was a nice room. My kind of room.
[19:41] <@Delgado> ::shrugs:: I guess. I mean, I've heard of her. Been briefed. She's a real bitch, but I guess it's different for you guys since you actually had personal dealings with her.
[19:41] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts again, and rubs his stubbly chin::
[19:41] <@Melissa> ::purses her lips:: I'm not sure...and that's what makes it a little too complicated. We'd have to get all the ships, or at least find out which ones are going to be used for the 8th Fleet
01[19:41] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> Turn at regular intervals? Like, ninety degrees? ::Isn't paying attention to the pan as she's asking - the oil is starting to splatter in a wider and wider arc as the pan gets hotter and hotter::
[19:41] <@Mem> <<disregard my line>>
[19:42] <@Mem> You know... ::glances over at Roland:: If she did have a romantic interest...
[19:42] <@Mem> ::shrugs:: That'd be one freak show. But also it'd make her vulnerable.
[19:43] <@Dimitri> ::Grabs a fork, and begins to move the Tofu around:: well .. more like this, watch carefully ..
[19:43] <@Ardelmos> ::shrugs:: Probably is or was just a man-whore.
[19:43] <@Mem> Maybe. But it was a small group that checked in, apparently. Businessmen.
[19:43] <@Ardelmos> And the bitch is bad enough on her own; what's she going to do if we scorn her like that?
01[19:43] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Emerges from behind a set of racks, stretchign and yawning from a nap. She's wearing some sort of a white and red poncho / tabard overtop of her grey armoured BDUs, with a circular emblem in the centre of the breast::
[19:43] <@Detro> Okay, so maybe she's into group sex?
[19:43] <@Mem> Though... it could've been disguised as a business meeting. ::looks over at Detro:: It'd be nice to get visuals on her.
[19:44] <@Detro> ...you want to see her naked?
[19:44] <@Melissa> ::shakes her head at the ongoing conversation about the sexual practices of an Earther::
[19:44] <@Delgado> ::finally looks over at the group:: Oh stars, do we really need to figure out her sexual delights?
[19:44] <@Birkin> ::nods:: We have a bit of a history. The first time we got into the Lots. We did something... Stupid. And got caught. Lost someone on the way out too.
[19:44] <@Melissa> You guys need to go out and get laid
[19:44] <@Mem> I want to see her dead. But mostly, I just want some security images.
[19:44] <@Mem> Make sure it's really her.
[19:44] <@Detro> ...Mem, if the next words out of your mouth after that were "I'd like to have a piece of THAT", I'm going to kick your ass into orbit.
[19:44] <@Ardelmos> ::nods, chewing his gum silently::
[19:44] <@Mem> ::gives Detro an uncharacteristically annoyed look::
[19:45] <@Caelin> ::raises an eyebrow at melissa's comment::
[19:45] <@Melissa> ::frowns slightly:: This has twenty variations of the Tortoise gate ship....
[19:45] <@Delgado> ::shakes herself once over then looks back to Birkin:: That's insane.
[19:45] <@Mem> ::resumes reading on the Gallot exec:: This Gallot cat doesn't get out much.
[19:45] <@Detro> ::mutters:: Fine, I'll look anyways
[19:46] <@Mem> And he's married.
01[19:46] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She leans close to watch - well, until the oil snaps up in her face and she rears back, from that point on watching at a much more proper distance::
[19:46] <@Mem> ::checks to see what department he works for::
[19:46] <@Ardelmos> Given the corporate rivalries, that doesn't surprise me.
[19:46] <@Melissa> ::glances at Caelin's raised eyebrow and shrugs:: What? It's true. They really need to loosen up a little bit
[19:46] <@Dimitri> ::Chuckles.. continuing to expertly move the tofu around the pan with the fork to keep it from burning.::
[19:46] <@Caelin> why do the terrans need that many different variations?
[19:46] <@Melissa> Hmm, each variation has a slightly different weight distribution to it
[19:46] <@Birkin> Sure was. Bitch of it was we had a chance to kill that cold hearted slut. But we didn't.
01[19:47] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Raises an eyebrow as well as she overhears Melissa, but says nothing, instead sitting on the edge of one of the long planter troughs on the floor nearby::
[19:47] <@Detro> ::goes after Rasuul's image::
[19:47] <@Melissa> I know they carry fighters...maybe they carry different types of craft
[19:47] <@Delgado> ::both her eyebrows shoot up at that:: Had a chance? And didn't take it? Why??
[19:47] <@Detro> ::as he works:: So you've got the Terran Witch, who rarely goes out, and a Gallot guy who doesn't get out often.
[19:48] <@Mem> So apparently whatever this meeting was about, it couldn't happen in Gallot Hub
[19:48] <@Mem> And also means any other meetings he has outside of Gallot Hub are probably equally strange or important.
[19:48] <@Mem> ::looks at Detro::
[19:49] <@Detro> Ah, here we go.
[19:49] <@Ardelmos> ::crosses his arms:: Yeah....what the fuck are they meeting outside of the Hub or the Lots for?
[19:49] <@Birkin> We were preoccupied with getting out at the time. Roland pistol whipped her and she went out cold. We escaped only to find out what she was and had become afterwords. Hell it might have been because of that.
[19:49] <@Detro> ::forwards the video to Mem::
[19:50] <@Mem> This guy is a personnel guy in Gallot. Intercorporate, he gets his hands dirty with the subsidiaries, too, manages all that sort of stuff.
01[19:50] <@Savant> The room's dominant smells of rust, mildewing water and green plants are soon joined by the moutth-watering sautee smells coming from Dimitri's work.
[19:50] <@Detro> ::the security camera shows a Gomorran ground car pulling up, and Rasuul getting out with several GREL and a few CID officers, all heading inside::
[19:50] <@Mem> ::glances at the video as it comes up, his mind still wondering what Gallot and Co. personnel had to do with Rasuul::
[19:50] <@Mem> Sure looks like her.
[19:50] <@Detro> According to this, the CID officers got their own rooms, and the GREL were stationed with them. Rasuul never actually checked in, she just went to the room.
[19:51] <@Dimitri> ::Continues working with the tofu until complete, setting it aside. :: Now we'll work on that soup. Dice these vegitables would you?
[19:51] <@Delgado> ... Wait. Now I know you're lying. Roland doesn't let anyone live. He shoots them in the face, not pistol whip them.
[19:51] <@Mem> Check out that car.
[19:51] <@Detro> Right. ::zooms in on the car, then hits the "ENHANCE" button::
[19:52] <@Mem> ::looks over at Roland, loud enough for everyone to hear his prompt:: Peronnel management Gallot man meets with Rasuul. Discuss.
01[19:52] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> THAT I can do. ::Shucks off the cooking gloves with a flick of her hands and takes a knife, dicing up the green thing and the red thing and two of the pale yellow things.::
[19:52] <@Ardelmos> It's like an affair out of a bad fucking movie...
[19:53] <@Dimitri> ::Grins and begins washing the rest of the ingredients, begining to cook some of them in the fryingpan. ::
[19:53] <@Detro> ::Shrugs:: An affair, or perhaps arranging for a personnel transfer... remember, we still have no idea where those hypnotrained Liberati are.
[19:53] <@Melissa> ::glances over at the image:: My guess is that he's giving her information
[19:53] <@Birkin> We weren't flush with bullets, and like I said we were in a hurry. ::looks over at the kitchen:: Damn. That actually smells good.
[19:54] <@Mem> ::starts a search on what sorts of employees might have been discussed recently in Wales's corporate meetings::
01[19:54] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Watches the exchanges blithely, not saying anything. She did pause to glance over at Caelin however.::
[19:54] <@Melissa> ::turns back to the datapad::
[19:54] <@Ardelmos> ::purses his lips:: Even if that's what the meeting was about...why hold it in a hotel?
[19:54] <@Delgado> ::smirks idly as Birkin is distracted by food. Typical male:: Go get some. I'll go back to 'getting into shape'.
01[19:55] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::conversationally to Birkin:: Dimitri's the best cook in the Talons.
[19:55] <@Mem> For the moment, let's assume these two lovebirds and aren't meeting to fuck like springers.
[19:55] <@Detro> ::nods:: Here's another possibility: This has something to do with the ongoing fun between Gallot Caprice and Gallot Earth.
[19:55] <@Caelin> ::nods to scildfreja and passes over the PDA he was looking at:: anything you could add to this, weaknesses and such?
[19:56] <@Dimitri> ::Continues working without really listening to the conversation. :: Add water to the bigger pot please Blia. I'll need it in a moment.
[19:56] <@Detro> If this guy is selling out to Gallot Earth, maybe Rasuul is responsible for making sure Gallot Caprice folds and "returns to the family".
[19:56] <@Mem> We know the CID is upset about Paladin Lots, and who isn't? But ... Gallot personnel.
[19:56] <@Detro> ::watches as the computer finishes the groundcar enhancement:: Automonde Corp, sporty sedan. I think they call this the
[19:56] <@Mem> Could they be having the corporates do some new training programs?
01[19:56] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::looks at the PDA, frowning in concentration:: The bays are all removeable. They come off.
[19:57] <@Detro> "High Life" model or something. Budget rent-a-wreck, in a ways.
[19:57] <@Melissa> ::nods:: Allows for customization
[19:57] <@Mem> ::while that search is running, he starts looking for Gallot memos regarding new peronnel policies and training::
[19:57] <@Melissa> Without having to build a new ship
[19:57] <@Detro> ::taps the plates into a separate search program and waits a bit:: Plates come back as being registered to a rental agency near Paladin Lots.
01[19:57] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> Alright. ::picks up a white plastic jug of water and empties it out into the pot in question::
[19:57] <@Mem> Beautiful. Bet you they've used that business before, and might use it again.
[19:58] <@Caelin> ::hmms again::terrans seem to like modular construction
[19:58] <@Birkin> I don't think its done yet. Sit. We had to blast our way past a few Morgana and a Mordred or two. And the CEF interrogators. Thats what she was. One of the interrogators
[19:58] <@Melissa> It is very practical if you think about it
[19:58] <@Dimitri> ::Moves the pot to the burner, and begins boiling the water::
01[19:58] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Smart.
[19:59] <@Detro> ::nods:: Let me find out. ::checks the rental company to see who the car was rented to that day::
[20:00] <@Delgado> ::thinks about it for a second then does sit down next to Birkin, intrigued by the tale of Rasuul:: She interrogated you guys? Personally? ... Shit, no wonder you want to hang her by her own guts.
[20:01] <@Detro> CID rented the car. ::snorts:: Cheeky bastards.
[20:01] <@Caelin> ::gets an idea:: would it be possible to stow away on one of those bays before it gets taken to the gateship?
[20:01] <@Melissa> It could be possible
[20:01] <@Melissa> Just have to make sure to get in the right container at the right time
[20:02] <@Detro> ::gets an idea and goes out to check for security footage::
[20:02] <@Birkin> That's one of the ways we've talked about killing her I think actually. I'm a favorite of removing her head, sitting her down and placing her head in her own hands. But sometimes like all good Republican's I take insults to heart.
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::clucks her tongue:: It is easier to stow away in a freighter, not with fighters and drones.
[20:02] <@Mem> I just don't get why this doesn't happen at Gallot.
[20:02] <@Ardelmos> Or at the Lots, yeah.
[20:02] <@Mem> ::leans back and scratches his head::
[20:02] <@Melissa> ::nods:: Yeah...that makes sense
[20:03] <@Mem> I'm going to setup an alert when this Bertrand guy sets up any nw hotel reservations, car rentals, and I'm going to watch him pretty closely. Met Rasuul once, might meet her again.
[20:03] <@Detro> Damn. I've got security footage of the rental place. The CID went over that rental vehicle *thoroughly* before letting Rasuul in.
[20:03] <@Ardelmos> ::nods:: Find out who works directly above him and directly below him and set up the same alert. She might go up or down the chain depending on how important it is.
[20:04] <@Mem> ::looks at Detro:: Is this a public lot? Can we get a firing line into the rental place?
01[20:04] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::Finishes chopping up the green and red and buttery yellow things, then cleans off her knife before stepping a half step bakc and looking as if she had no idea what to do::
[20:04] <@Dimitri> ::Add's several ingredients to the water, :: Now Blia, start stirring this, until I say stop. We want it nice and thick
[20:04] <@Delgado> ::nods slightly then shakes her head:: Still can't believe Roland didn't kill her. Even just snap her neck. Now we have to go on a wild dawg chase that could end up getting -us- killed to try to kill -her-. ... So fucked up.
[20:04] <@Detro> I'd strongly advise against it Mem. This rental company is very close to the Lots. Given their reaction time, it'd be pretty dicey for a sniper to get out.
[20:04] <@Caelin> ::nods::true, but i meant if we were to need to board a gateship to reprogram the drive controls like miss deckhart suggested earlier
[20:05] <@Mem> ::looks over at Roland::
01[20:05] <@Savant> 3Commandant Blia Mariposa> ::She nods and complies, taking the spoon from him and doing as told::
[20:05] <@Caelin> <<er miss childs>>
[20:06] <@Detro> ::glances over at Roland:: Even for you. No offense. Just between what happened after our own sniping attack, and then the mortars... ::shakes head:: I'm sure the CID has the whole area under surveilance as it is.
[20:06] <@Dimitri> ::Begins to work with the salad, ingredients being mixed, and so forth, adding oil. It was very reminicient of Greek Salad::
[20:06] <@Birkin> Its what we do. Nothing really else to it. We got out, escaped and counted ourselves lucky we had only lost one in that process.
[20:06] <@Melissa> ::chuckles at the Miss:: Err, I'm not sure if the bays have an entrance into the actual ship
01[20:07] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> I think it would be likely, Miss Childs. ::nods once::
[20:07] <@Ardelmos> ::sniffs, then shrugs:: Doesn't have to be close. I could hit her from two klicks, if it came to it.
[20:08] <@Ardelmos> Killing her this way doesn't make the bitch's death public, though.
[20:08] <@Mem> ::shrugs:: It makes it final.
[20:08] <@Ardelmos> Now, throwing her out of the window of that hotel room in to the street below...
[20:08] <@Delgado> ::nods:: True. And now, what you thought to be just a small-time officer is the Evil Bitch Overlord. ::sits back and sighs:: And into the fray once more...
[20:08] <@Detro> Roland, we were 2 klicks out when our last doctor got drone-napped, and they were almost on top of us from the beginning.
[20:08] <@Mem> That really is a strange thing, though. We've gotta get her in a hotel again.
[20:09] <@Ardelmos> ::snorts:: Bad luck.
[20:09] <@Ardelmos> And that was at the lots, not in the middle of nowhere.
01[20:09] <@Savant> There is an ominous click-click-click sound from the side of the room, and a soft red glow filters through green plants. Sleca awakens, and its insectile head cranes low, looking through the rows of troughs at the Talons.
[20:09] <@Mem> I'm going to glance through phone calls, too, but that'll take a few hours.
[20:10] <@Detro> Sure Mem, but which one? There's probably at least a thousand or more scattered through the Trench.
[20:10] <@Mem> ::smirks at Detro:: All of them.
[20:10] <@Melissa> ::glances over at the drone and purses her lips:: You know...if I could build a drone and give it a semblance of intelligence, that might be a way into the gate ship...'
[20:11] <@Detro> ::leans back and crosses his arms:: Okay. So first, what's your plan for cloning us a few hundred times over the next week?
[20:11] <@Mem> ::blinks at this:: You know.
[20:12] <@Caelin> ::hears the beep and turns to see sleca peering from behind one of the troughs::something the matter sleca?
[20:12] <@Mem> We really should get ourselves a first-class network of subverted corporate contacts.
[20:12] <@Delgado> ::glances over at Sleca and the 'clicks', then turns back to Birkin and shudders once as she whispers to him:: Those things freak me out.
[20:12] <@Ardelmos> ::grumbles:: We oughtta get ourselves a lot of things.
[20:13] <@Mem> ::yawns and checks the stock markets::
[20:13] <@Mem> I'd like a bed.
[20:13] <@Detro> ::checks his data glove:: Talon 14's already heading up Venarow and CSI, and Talon 10's finding some sympathetic people in Costa Moreia.
[20:13] <@Birkin> That's why they pay us the big money you know. ::looks over at the little drone then whispers back:: They are just... I dunno. I can see them being used for good things. But they have a lot of intelligence. Way more than Im almost comfortable with.
[20:14] <@Detro> And we've got Mariss, which might let us get some inroads on Hakkar.
01[20:14] <@Savant> The room soon fills up with entirely with the scents of cooking food, and good food at that. Dimitri is apparently a whiz in the kitchen. And Blia isn't screwing anything up terribly.
[20:14] <@Detro> Given time, I'm pretty sure we'll have a pretty good network built up. But it's not something that is going to happen overnight.
[20:14] <@Melissa> ::sniffs the scent of food cooking and licks her lips:: That smells tasty
[20:15] <@Caelin> ::sniffs a bit:: what is it?
[20:16] <@Melissa> Smells good...not sure though
[20:16] <@Detro> I like the idea of having someone at each hotel though. If only as a contact. But that still leaves the problem of having someone at each hotel trained to deal with her.
[20:16] <@Delgado> I keep imagining I'll wake up in the middle of the night and stare into one of those red eyes while it's rolling around in my guts. Buh. ::suddenly shifts subjects from gross to mundane. Ah, doctors:: That -does- smell good.
[20:16] <@Detro> It's almost like putting a gear on guard at every klick of a monorail.
01[20:17] <@Savant> There is a very, very faint shuffling sound. Sleca scuttles backwards, stands up on two legs and almost seems to climb a far wall, clamping itself into the top corner at such an angle that its tail camera can per out of a window and its head can watch the room in full.
[20:17] <@Ardelmos> How deep into the past can you go? Has she used this hotel before? Or another one?
[20:17] <@Ardelmos> Maybe we can narrow her fuck palace down a little.
[20:17] <@Birkin> You have really weird dreams. Anyone ever tell you that? Maybe you need to drink more. ::looks over at the food:: Why didn't you tell us that Dimitri was an awesome cook ::nudges Delgado::
[20:18] <@Mem> Yeah. ::throws up a search for that::
[20:18] <@Mem> I really want to hack Gallot. Like rape it.
[20:18] <@Detro> Already working on that angle. The hotels that is.
[20:18] <@Caelin> ::watches slece move to the corner::sleca, report
[20:18] <@Detro> Just taking a bit of time to sift through the data we have on Rasuul.
[20:18] <@Delgado> ::looks over at Roland and just blinks once at 'Fuck Palace' before turning back to Birkin:: Hmm? Oh. I thought you guys knew. He can make sand taste awesome if he wanted to.
01[20:19] <@Savant> Shortly after, Dimitri's pulling the pan form the burner and serving it all up into a heaping bowl, and Blia is filling another bowl full of a vegetable salad. Dinner appears to be served; a lovely change from ration packages and take-out.
[20:20] <@Birkin> ::stands up as the dinner appears to be done and offer's Delgado a hand up:: Lets go before the others eat it up then.
[20:20] <@Detro> As for Gallot... given the fire they're under, I'd expect their network is going to be substantially more protected than the ones we've hit so far.
01[20:20] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> No contacts, Lead Armiger. Supplementing surveillance pattern in northern quadrant.::a pause:: We require additional surveillance assets for this location, Lead Armiger.
[20:20] <@Melissa> ::puts down the datapad:: Need to take a break from that and need to eat something real for a change
[20:20] <@Mem> ::starts thinking of a plan to hack Gallot as he gets up from his chair and shuffles zombie-like over to the food::
[20:21] <@Caelin> ::chuckles a bit:: would sphidra one and two be acceptable sleca?
[20:21] <@Delgado> ::smiles as she takes Birkin's hand and stands up:: You mean there's going to be a fork battle for the food?
01[20:22] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> Yes, Lead Armiger.
[20:22] <@Mem> You know what... ::grabs a plate and a fork:: I'm just gonna go apply for a tech job at Gallot, work my way up to the top, spot the bitch in the hallway and do it then.
[20:23] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts:: Don't have time for that.
[20:23] <@Mem> ::is in and out of the food line before anyone can see, apparently a pro at bypassing formal buffet lines, and returns to his chair with a plate of food::
01[20:23] <@Savant> Dimitri is apparently a cooking genius. Tofu, some squash, tomato, and cucumber, and he's made some absolutely delicious something-or-other.
[20:24] <@Birkin> If we don't get over fast enough there maybe. ::walks over and begins to examine the food they had available, looking over at Mem:: Shes seen your face before too. She could spot you
[20:24] <@Mem> ::with a mouthful:: I don't give a shit if she sees me.
[20:25] <@Melissa> ::sits down with some food and eats a little bit::
[20:25] <@Melissa> This is good stuff
[20:25] <@Ardelmos> ::pauses looking at the monitors long enough to empty his gum into the trash and collect some food from the line before returning to the monitors:: She might.
[20:25] <@Birkin> And when the ten Mordred she tells to go round you up take you back to her personal funtime chamber? Will you care then? ::begins to pile the food on::
[20:26] <@Caelin> ::goes and programs the 2 spidhras to assist sleca for surveillance duty before turning to scildfreja::[AS]care to sample what these terranovans eat aside from rations?
01[20:26] <@Savant> Dimitri and Blia aren't eating right now - they're chatting while washing their dishes up. It's nice to see Blia not so morose, though it's easy to see that her mood is fragile
[20:26] <@Detro> ::Detro's dataglove beeps at him as it finishes its search... he glances at the screen, then grins:: Huh. Apparently the Terran Witch is a creature of habit.
[20:26] <@Delgado> ::snickers at the exchange as she starts to grab food herself, making a nice pile on her plate:: Dimitri, this is absolutely wonderful. ::continues to grab a little of this and that, though it's piling up on her plate. Apparently Dimitri cooking was good but rare::
[20:27] <@Detro> ::looks at Mem, still grinning:: We don't need to stake out every hotel in the Trench. Just this particular chain. ::sends the data to his terminal::
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] I'll bring you some. ::she waits patiently until the others have gotten their fill before taking two plates more, bringing them back to the folding table::
[20:27] <@Mem> ::shovels another forkful of food into his mouth and reads the info on the screen::
[20:28] <@Mem> ::swallows the food:: Triangulation is a bitch, ain't it Rasuul?
[20:28] <@Delgado> ::takes her plate and skitters off with it in an unoccupied direction, hoarding her food a little strangely::
[20:28] <@Birkin> ::sits down where he was at before and begins to dig in::
01[20:28] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::beeps at Caelin, then its camera eyes swivel onto Melissa::
[20:28] <@Detro> ::finally abandons his duties to his stomach and after waiting in the line a bit, gets a plate of food::
[20:28] <@Ardelmos> ::slowly begins eating the food, his eyes flipping from monitor to monitor as he attempts to keep up with what Detro and Mem are doing -- if only to make sure something doesn't get missed::
[20:28] <@Melissa> ::blinks and looks at the drone::
[20:29] <@Mem> I'll set up concurrent info searches on this chain and Bertrand Wales, the rental car company outside of Paladin Lots... so many angles to work from. I love it.
03[20:30] * Delgado is now known as Itz|Away
[20:30] <@Mem> ::turns away from his monitor and focuses on eating, but his mind switching between Rasuul getting her head blown off, and wreaking havoc on Gallot electronics::
[20:31] <@Melissa> ::can't help but wave at the drone:: Hi
[20:31] <@Detro> ::watching the data continue to scroll in:: Well, the meetings aren't regular... but they're all usually at night...
[20:31] <@Detro> Hmm....
[20:31] <@Caelin> ::nods to scildfreja as she brings over the plates:: [AS] thank you
01[20:32] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> *beep* Hello Melissa Childs Armiger.
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::gives Caelin a private smile before sitting down, smoothing out her smock before putting her plate in her lap::
03[20:34] * Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[20:34] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Delgado
[20:34] <@Detro> ::has the computer do a cross-check between nights Rasuul stayed in the hotel and Gallot news and financial performance::
[20:34] <@Mem> ::slides his chair over to Scildfreja and takes a seat, grinning at her::
01[20:35] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Her smile is far more reserved and polite for Mem, but she does smile at him when he sits down::
[20:35] <@Delgado> ::happily munches on her food, ignoring the Rasuul Witch Hunt and Sexual Preferences::
[20:35] <@Caelin> ::nods to mem politely as he pokes at the food in front of him a bit::
[20:35] <@Mem> ::takes another bite of food then holds up his fork and points at it::
[20:35] <@Detro> ::frowns as he gets no data back:: Hmm. I would have expected to see SOMETHING.
01[20:35] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::looks from Melissa to Mem as he sits down nearby::
[20:36] <@Ardelmos> ::finishes with his food, and sets the fork and plate down on the desk beside him, going back to his crossed arm pose behind the two seated computer operators::
[20:36] <@Mem> ::watches Scildfreja as he points at the fork::
[20:37] <@Melissa> ::watches the drone with a smirk and eats some more food::
[20:37] <@Delgado> ::mutters around a mouthful of food to Birkin:: Watch Mem get shot.
[20:38] <@Birkin> ::continues to eat his food, apparently distracted until he tries to laugh while chewing and begins to choke, laughing as discreetly as he can:: Goddamnit doc..
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she purses her lips a moment before saying:: Forca.
[20:38] <@Mem> ::thinks about it and smirks:: Of course.
[20:39] <@Detro> Mem, you mind double-checking my work here? I'm looking to see if there's any connection between these meetings. I'd expect to see some correlation, but I'm getting nothing back.
[20:39] <@Mem> ::takes another bite of food then points at his hand:: Let me guess. "Hand."
01[20:40] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she smirks briefly:: Braed.
[20:40] <@Delgado> ::grins at Birkin:: Need me to do the heimlich maneuver on you? ::pats him on the back::
[20:40] <@Caelin> ::picks up some of the proccessed soy protein and vegetables and takes a bite::hmmm
[20:40] <@Mem> ::stares at Scildfreja with a surprised and confused look, then glances over at Detro:: Eh? Yeah. Hold on.
[20:40] <@Detro> ::looks over at Mem, but apparently he's busy with Foreign Flirtation 101... he glances down at the table, blushing. After all, he's not so innocent with that and Kellerton.
01[20:41] <@Savant> Tynes snores softly in the row beside where the group of you are collected. The faintly glowing eye of Sleca swivels in that direction briefly.
[20:41] <@Mem> ::goes to the console and checks on what Detro asked for, the fork still in his mouth::
[20:42] <@Melissa> ::picks some more food and frowns slightly::
[20:43] <@Birkin> ::shakes his head:: Nah thanks for the offer though. ::hits his chest lightly a few times before shaking his head:: Detro just saved his life I think ::nods::
[20:44] <@Detro> ::finishes up his dinner while he watches Mem at work, whose knowledge of Caprician business has far outstripped his own::
[20:44] <@Delgado> ::takes another bite of food then eyes the Sleca:: I dare that thing to hover over Tynes with it's big red eye. ::grins sadistically then munches again::
[20:45] <@Mem> Eh. Gallot doesn't do very well in general during this period, but this guy Bertrand knows what he's doing. His department does well.
[20:45] <@Birkin> ::grins:: Its got curiousity in it I think. It might just do that. How do you think he'd react?
[20:46] <@Delgado> I don't know. That's why I want to find out.
[20:47] <@Mem> He's the golden child of Gallot. Untouchable so far.
[20:47] <@Birkin> ::smirks:: I think he'd either look up at it and order it off like a good soldier. Or possibly get startled and try to throw it off thinking its a CEF drone.
[20:47] <@Mem> ::leaves Detro with the info and goes back to his chair next to Scildfreja::
01[20:47] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She eats peckishly, but she's watching the Talons at large. It's clear she's adsorbing everything that's being said::
[20:48] <@Delgado> ::her gaze slides from Tynes back to Mem as she nudges Birkin subtly and gestures with her head toward Mem, grinning to herself::
[20:48] <@Mem> ::grins at Scildfreja as he sits back down and thinks of something to quiz her on::
[20:48] <@Detro> ::reads over the data, whistling:: Well whaddya know. The Terran Witch has her Witch Doctor performing voodoo on his own company.
[20:50] <@Detro> That's big. I mean, if we went to Gallot with THIS information...
[20:50] <@Birkin> ::grins then leans over and whispers:: Bet you a drink, he gets shot down.
[20:50] <@Mem> ::wasn't intentionally flirting with Scildfreja, but was probably not accidentally attempting to disarm her into being approachable about learning their language::
[20:50] <@Birkin> ::reaches into his pocket and withdraws the flask again::
[20:51] <@Delgado> You're on. ::watches like she's watching a game, happily munching on what's left of her food::
01[20:51] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She doesn't seem to notice any intentional attempts from Mem, regardless of intention. She's a little distant, but that seems normal for her::
[20:54] <@Birkin> ::still whispering:: Cold as ice. Aha. Do you catch it?
[20:54] <@Caelin> ::glances at mem occasionally while he picks away at his meal::
[20:54] <@Delgado> ::nods:: That seems to be her normal state. ::finishes her food and sets the plate down, now just watching the entertainment::
[20:55] <@Detro> ::pours over the data more::
[20:56] <@Birkin> ::leans over close to Delgado and tells her what he's seen::
[20:57] <@Mem> ::goes through some basic verbs and nouns for as long as Scildfreja is amenable::
01[20:58] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> :Her explanations are precice and detailed enough, especially with the trickier sounds - lots of siblants, which makes the language very pretty, but can be a little hard to follow.::
[20:59] <@Melissa> ::listens and watches everyone else while slowly savouring the food::
[20:59] <@Detro> ::grins:: Tynes is going to love seeing this discovery.
[21:00] <@Detro> I just wish we had some idea of when their next meeting would be.
[21:02] <@Detro> And some way to be sure that we'd be there waiting for her.
01[21:02] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:03] <@Ardelmos> ::attn::
[21:03] <@Birkin> ::attn::
01[21:03] <@Savant> didn't expect an idle game to be so productive! Lots of things learned here. Questions?
[21:03] <@Caelin> ::attn::
[21:03] <@Detro> ::attn an stuff::
01[21:03] <@Savant> also, Mem, make a Notice/psy cpx 1 please
[21:04] <@Detro> This is to notice the devious headlock he's about to be put in by Scild.
01[21:04] <@Savant> No, this is to notice the dirty looks he gets from Caelin Wink
[21:04] <@Birkin> Mem is oblivious
[21:04] <@Birkin> Ok not so oblivious ;
01[21:04] <@Savant> which he notices
[21:04] <@Birkin> Wink
01[21:04] <@Savant> heh heh
01[21:05] <@Savant> what was the line Jester used once? Blinded by the twin suns of boobies and gadgetry?
01[21:05] <@Savant> so apt for Mem.
[21:05] <@Mem> He isn't trying to get in her pants, honest.
01[21:06] <@Savant> I know. He just can't help but flirt, it's in his nature.
[21:06] <@Detro> You're like the boy who cried wolf now Mem. Wink
01[21:06] <@Savant> it's friendly flirting, though, so no harm, no foul.
[21:06] <@Caelin> actually caelin isn't sure what to make of mem's interaction yet, noone's ever tried flirting with scildfreja before;)
01[21:06] <@Savant> anyways, who would like expees?
[21:06] <@Detro> Rupies!
[21:07] <@Detro> err, expees
01[21:07] <@Savant> you can has triforce of power
[21:07] <@Ardelmos> Wee xpees
[21:07] <@Mem> It's dangerous to go alone
01[21:07] <@Savant> one is for being here, which I thank you all for. Two is for teamwork. Any teamwork of note tonight?
[21:07] <@Mem> detro and mem and roland together on Rasuul... and Blia, Dimitri on mess
[21:08] <@Mem> Lots of teamwork.
[21:08] <@Detro> Yet another spectacular night of the dynamic data duo, Mem and Detro.
[21:08] <@Caelin> lets see, caelin/melissa/freja looking over terran ships for weaknesses and possible ways to exploit them
[21:08] <@Mem> http://www.rpgamer.com/games/zelda/z1/graphics/screen/snap003.gif
01[21:08] <@Savant> Detro and Mem often covered one naothers' footsteps, but you also covered one anothers' failings pretty well, so I agree. And yes, you got a good look at the Terran ships.
01[21:09] <@Savant> that's 2. Three is for story. Give me story.
[21:09] <@Mem> http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/joeyblue/motivator363367.jpg
[21:09] <@Ardelmos> Rasuul's doin' the nasty.
[21:10] <@Detro> Getting closer to Killing Rasuul, Gallot Caprice's source of financial toxic woes
[21:10] <@Detro> He's inside her, and he's the insider.
01[21:10] <@Savant> yeah, that room service bill was probably for strawberries and chocolate fondue and sex toys. Oh, no wait, it was for a club sandwich and a bottle of water Wink
[21:10] <@Detro> Well, we're assuming they're testing the mattress, but that's not proven yet. Not unless we go out and steal the sheets and do DNA scans. Wink
01[21:11] <@Savant> anything else?
[21:11] <@Melissa> i got nothing
03[21:12] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:12] <@Caelin> roland didn't fly off the handle after delgado knocked over a plant
01[21:12] <@Savant> fair enough. still, lots learned. That's 3. It's a casual game, so no bonus question. Bonus point to MElissa, Delgado and Dimitri for their newbness, though
01[21:12] <@Savant> noteworthy, yes!
01[21:12] <@Savant> but, well done Smile
01[21:12] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group