Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Transcripts for "To Move a Mountain"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Game Transcripts for "To Move a Mountain" Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
Session Close: Thu Apr 17 18:30:42 2008

Session Start: Thu Apr 17 18:30:42 2008
Session Ident: #BT05
02[18:30] * Disconnected
02[18:31] * Attempting to rejoin channel #BT05
03[18:31] * Rejoined channel #BT05
03[18:31] * Topic is '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Black Talons in session next Thursday'
03[18:31] * Set by Savant on Thu Apr 03 21:27:40
03[18:31] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Savant
03[18:31] * Savant sets mode: +oo Ardelmos Caelin
01[18:32] <@Savant> let's try that again. Hi, how are you?
01[18:32] <@Savant> welcome to the Black Talons.
[18:32] <@Detro> Uh, you can skip through the training and indoctrination sessions, we already had those. Smile
01[18:32] <@Savant> We're starting a new story arc tonight, one that promises to be the last one on Caprice, should you stick to your guns.
[18:32] <@Ardelmos> Bastille Alpha?
[18:32] <@Detro> Oooo. Expenditure limits reset! WOO!
[18:33] <@Detro> Wait a minute. Last plot on Caprice. Hiatus soon. Booo!
01[18:33] <@Savant> before I get to that though, I'd like to ask if i need to change things? I've noticed a steep decline in the game interest over the past month or so.
[18:34] <@Detro> I'm pretty happy, though I'd welcome the return of the log projects, even if they don't give points.
[18:34] <@Brad> I'll be getting my head back into the game after tonight, hopefully. Just been a busy semester, concert-wise.
[18:34] <@Ardelmos> One game was cancelled and another was the AFD sim. It's just optics.
06[18:34] * @Delgado nods
[18:34] <@Brad> Yeah. It feels like a lull, but I don't think it is.
01[18:34] <@Savant> no, even before then I've noticed it. That's a very fair point, but i'm taking that into account.
01[18:35] <@Savant> anyways, if there are no gripes or things to voice then we'll keep trucking as-is. Thought I should put that out there, though.
[18:35] <@Caelin> i think its more like we're needing a change in scenery again, which since we're almost done with our to-do list on caprice shouldn't be much of a problem
[18:35] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I think we're OK. It was just the canceled game and the AFD game. And whenever you announce that a game's gonna end for a while, there's obviously gonna be a reduction in interest.
01[18:35] <@Savant> i'm talking about a one-or-two month diversion, not the end of all being Wink
[18:36] <@Ardelmos> Good, because I'm too young to die.
[18:36] <@Detro> ::shrug:: You're talking about the end of my RPG life for 1 or 2 months. That IS the end of all being for me. Wink
01[18:36] <@Savant> it'll be one or two months of me running something else :p
[18:36] <@Delgado> Noooooo
[18:36] <@Delgado> Wink
01[18:36] <@Savant> anyways. That's not why we're here right now, we're here for other things.
[18:36] <@Detro> Porn?
01[18:36] <@Savant> here's a briefing. I hope you like it. It is, indeed, brief.
[18:36] <@Ardelmos> Awesome things.
01[18:37] <@Savant> 2To Move a Mountain
01[18:37] <@Savant> 2 16 Lares 275LC, 1900h - Evening - (21S TN1945)
01[18:37] <@Savant> 2 Mariska Benet Housing Ventures B Block, Envry Hub, Gomorrah, Caprice.
01[18:37] <@Savant> 2 18 degrees Celcius, 12% humidity, 112 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:37] <@Savant> This is possibly the most difficult task you have ever set for yourselves. Can't get much clearer than that, can it? Still, perhaps the words of Buddha are useful here - "The man who moves a mountain starts with a single rock."
01[18:37] <@Savant> Not that this was all your idea - the Liberati have been planning away for months. They intend to smuggle thousands of disenfranchized GREL out from Bastille Alpha through a fault line called the "Nomardiss Slip" that runs beneath the mountain and of which the CEF has been left unaware.
01[18:37] <@Savant> All this "Operation Aurora" falls under the work of several key Liberati Groups, with which you meet tonight. They have come to Gomorrah to speak with the Talons and with other Liberati groups, preparing them for the hard road ahead. No doubt when the mountain is blown, there will be a terrible aftermath.
01[18:37] <@Savant> This leaves to you the task of aiding them and accomplishing your own objectives. I humbly suggest you get this ball rolling, lest your mountain-moving project turn into an avalanche.
01[18:37] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:37] <@Detro> ack
[18:37] <@Ardelmos> yack
[18:37] <@Gabriel> ack
01[18:37] <@Savant> this area of Gomorrah is highly polluted, very very poor, run down, and generally nasty. These people live in warrens built between factory structures, for reference.
[18:38] <@Delgado> ack
[18:38] <@Caelin> ack
01[18:38] <@Savant> that said, questions?
[18:38] <@Gabriel> Nope, seems clear enough.
01[18:39] <@Savant> you will start inside your current safehouse, unless you intend on starting elsewhere.
01[18:39] <@Savant> if you break up, then we'll use team location tags.
01[18:39] <@Savant> so, with no further ado...
01[18:39] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:40] <@Ardelmos> ::snaps his gum:: Just how many people are they pulling together for this meeting, anyway?
[18:40] <@Gabriel> ::pulls his sidearm, checks the clip and safety, then reholsters it:: Everyone ready?
01[18:40] <@Savant> This is a horrible place. Really, it is. The walls are painted steel, bubbled up and flaking with rust beneath. There's a constant vibration from nearby machinery. The furniture is spartan, and generally bolted in place. The lights flicker, and the air is damp and thick with pollution. IT is, however, quite peaceful, and quite far form the eye of the CEF.
[18:41] <@Detro> ::tight-lipped, he's doing some last minute clearing on the data glove, preparing to take notes::
[18:42] <@Detro> ::the tight-lipped is to hide the fact he wants to yawn his head off right now and take a quick nap::
[18:43] <@Delgado> ::double checks herself then walks over to Tynes:: I have a concern to air, before our friends arrive.
[18:43] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Go ahead, Doctor.
01[18:43] <@Savant> Outside, visible through small circular windows cut into the metal walls, the world is black. Wan yellow lights flood this area or that, but they are only islands of bleeding luminescence shimmering in the dark sea of Gomorrah. Dim struts and walls and forms are visible like creatures in the depths.
Session Close: Thu Apr 17 18:44:11 2008

Session Start: Thu Apr 17 18:44:11 2008
Session Ident: #BT05
02[18:44] * Disconnected
02[18:44] * Attempting to rejoin channel #BT05
03[18:44] * Rejoined channel #BT05
03[18:44] * Topic is '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Black Talons in session next Thursday'
03[18:44] * Set by Savant on Thu Apr 03 21:27:40
[18:44] <@Caelin> ::has his laptop open, jotting down more notes, as well as keeping an eye on video feeds from the spihdras and sleca who are out keeping the perimeter secure::
03[18:44] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Sajioshi
02[18:45] * @Savant (~mouse@204.191.90.82) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Sajioshi)))
03[18:45] * Sajioshi is now known as Savant
[18:45] <@Delgado> ::crosses her arms and takes a deep breath, ready to go on a long 'rant':: I've been thinking about the hypnotraining information we gathered. We know people have been getting hypnotrained, but not the 'why'. We know they need to have reenforcement of their traning, so they need to be kept close.
[18:45] <@Ardelmos> ::unbuttons the covers on his holsters and moves over beside the door, leaning against the wall -- keeping one hand on the doorknob and the other on his holstered weapon::
01[18:45] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Seated in the dark, holding close to Caelin, her expression wary:: What do you think?
[18:46] <@Delgado> ::purses her lips for a moment:: I think some of those that are being hypnotrained are being reintroduced into Bastille's population as moles.
[18:46] <@Detro> ::from where he is, he's got a good view of the Utopians -- allies, to be certain, as they had shown, but still eminently mysterious.::
[18:47] <@Gabriel> ::frowns at Delgado:: How do you know this?
[18:49] <@Delgado> That's just it. I don't. It's more of a 'what if'. But it's pretty goddam significant 'what if' if it turns out to be true.
[18:49] <@Caelin> ::glances up and shrugs:: the natives want to free the terran's geneticly enhanced soldiers, a bold move
01[18:50] <@Savant> Something against the back wall of this safehouse is making a constant, irregular, annoying thumping sound; some sort of machine. It shakes the joists of the floor slightly as it works.
[18:50] <@Gabriel> :nods:: It's a concern worth bringing up at the meeting.
[18:50] <@Delgado> ::nods:: Exactly. ::takes a deep breath and puffs it out:: Just one more thing that can bite us in the butt.
[18:50] <@Detro> ::he calls up everything they've got on the orbital assets that can respond to Bastille Alpha, and works on seeing if they could perhaps stage mock appearances in a way that would cause an orbital response to divert some of troops away::
01[18:51] <@Savant> Roland almost misses the approach of three figures, cloaked and wearing grey face masks, on their way down the row of tenements to this one.
[18:51] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts and then opens the door to the safehouse and peers outside, stepping out into the hallway and pulling the door not-fully-closed behind him -- he didn't want a knock to be their first warning of the arrival::
[18:51] <@Gabriel> ::turns toward the door as their guests arrive::
01[18:52] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She speaks quietly:: Is that wise? The GREL aren't trustworthy.
[18:52] <@Delgado> ::turns toward the door and takes a step back from Gabriel, letting him be the front man::
[18:53] <@Detro> ::casually starts to stroll over to the Utopians::
[18:53] <@Ardelmos> ::snaps his gum, resting his hands on his holsters:: Flash.
01[18:54] <@Savant> The three men meet eyes with Roland, neither surprised or intimidated by his presence. They approached quickly and quietly, stopping at the doorway.
01[18:54] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> ::To Roland:: Raven.
[18:55] <@Ardelmos> ::nods to Baldren, then juts his chin at one of the others:: Your friends?
[18:56] <@Caelin> ::nods but shrugs again, then turns his attention to detro as he approached::something the matter?
[18:56] <@Gabriel> ::bows toward the Liberati:: [H] Welcome. I'm sorry that we cannot be any more accomodating.
[18:57] <@Detro> ::looks up from his data glove:: Hmm? Oh, no. Just wanted to move about a bit, keep the blood flowing. Don't mind me. ::settles down near them::
01[18:57] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> Yeah. We can come in?
01[18:58] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::presses her lips together::
[18:58] <@Detro> 'sides, I figured with the toys you have, you'd be the first to know if this was turning out to be a trap.
[18:59] <@Ardelmos> ::looks between the two men with Baldren to gauge what they might be packing before calling out behind him:: Comin' in. ::pushes the door inwards and moves aside for the three to enter::
[18:59] <@Gabriel> Of course. ::waves the Liberati inside::
01[18:59] <@Savant> The Liberati come in as a group and remove their masks. Baldren is indeed at the head of them all; he gives the Talons a brief grin as he steps off to one side.
01[19:00] <@Savant> The other two are clearly El Hayar. One is Almen Hattenai, your host in your brief stay with the El Hayar and present at the great Liberati meeting about a season ago. The second man none of you recognize, save Xochitl
[19:01] <@Gabriel> As I said, I am sorry we can't be more accomodating. But I thank you for meeting with us.
[19:02] <@Ardelmos> ::enters in behind the Liberati and closes the door again, locking it behind him -- he moves off to one side of it again::
01[19:02] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::waves a hand lightly, and speaks in a concentration so that his Anglic is proper.:: It is no trouble, Captain of the Ravens. You are acommodating by simply being here.
[19:02] <@Caelin> ::looks back at the laptop::sleca and the spidhras will let us know
[19:03] <@Delgado> ::nods respectfully to Almen, then does the same to the second man except adding a grin for him::
01[19:03] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods at Caelin bluntly::
[19:03] <@Gabriel> ::waves into the room:: Please. Have a seat.
[19:04] <@Detro> I suppose you have never met Almen. ::without pointing, he directs the Utopians to who he is, and what he has done for the Liberati and Talons::
[19:04] <@Detro> ::Does so quietly, as to not disturb::
01[19:04] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::nods at DElgado in return. He doesn't smile, but he doesn't seem the sort to do much smiling. There's a brief pleased look that passes over him, though.::
[19:04] <@Ardelmos> ::flicks a glance between Delgado and the third man, then refrians from snapping his gum now that they had 'guests'. He didn't sit::
[19:05] <@Caelin> ::shakes his head::is he the one who believes the grel from the prison can help them?
01[19:06] <@Savant> The Liberati sit down, not bothering to take off their grey cloaks. Baldren stays at the wall, leaning agianst it with arms crossed.
[19:06] <@Detro> ::nods:: Among those, yes. And I believe the GREL will be of use.
03[19:07] * Prescot (~shadow_fj@c-71-59-186-59.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
03[19:07] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
03[19:07] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
01[19:07] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> We are sorry our meeting must be held in such a place, but it's the safest. Niceties will be later. Are you prepared?
[19:08] <@Gabriel> Yes. Let me tell you what I know of your plan. You have a number of people inside Bastille Alpha. At an appointed time, you will break one of the seals under the prison, near a fissure. At the same time, you will vent several tanks of compressed air at other locations around the trench. This will cover the exact location of your work.
[19:09] <@Gabriel> Under this cover, the GREL that have been selected will prepare themselves for the Highlands environment. You will escort them into the fissure, and onto several stealthed trucks. From there, you will drive them out of the area.
[19:09] <@Gabriel> Is that essentially correct?
[19:09] <@Detro> ::still talking low as to not disrupt the meeting:: The last time BT05 was here, they helped a similar group of disaffected GREL escape to the Highlands.
01[19:10] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::He nods:: Your skills impress, Captain. This is true.
[19:10] <@Caelin> ::frowns:: capturing and using the terran's guns, tanks or ships is one thing, but grel? ::sounds a bit disgusted by the idea::
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She frowns as well, but admits:: A weapon is a weapon.
[19:11] <@Gabriel> It is yourp lan. All I can do is express admiration for it. Have I left anything out?
[19:11] <@Detro> ::shrugs helplessly:: I am no fan of their genetic mutations either, but I have also seen GREL fight for Terra Nova before... and the GREL know more about fighting than most of the Liberati, I'd wager.
[19:12] <@Ardelmos> ::crosses his arms:: Like any plans for the thousands of non genetically-engineered monsters being held like cattle in that place?
[19:12] <@Detro> If the Liberati are to throw off the CEF, they will need a skilled army, with motivation. What better motivation than to fight against your creators who tossed you into prison much like a man disposes of a broken toaster?
[19:12] <@Detro> If they have any honor, as I have seen in the GREL we call Jane, they will fight, and fight well.
01[19:13] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::looks at his companion:: Only that we have hidden teams in the wastes around the mountain, who will ambush any Keffs that come to pursue.
[19:13] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: We have two goals in this. The first is to make sure this plan succeeds. How can we best help?
[19:14] <@Caelin> ::raises an eyebrow:: your talons employ grel?
01[19:14] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::He smirks at Roland:: The golden truth, Raven, is that we don't know who Amir Falcon will bring with her. She is the rock on which this plan rests.
[19:14] <@Gabriel> ::without looking over at Caelin:: Some do, yes.
01[19:15] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::Shifts closer to Delgado, and murmurs to her:: Elen and her babe are well, and they send their best to you. She has put a red and blue thread in her ribbon for your help.
[19:15] <@Detro> ::picking up after Tynes:: This team once had a GREL on it, who transferred out with the team's old CO, before I joined. I worked with her in my old Talon. ::his eyes unfocus a bit, as if he's looking back into the past:: A wierd dawg, that one, but quite ferocious in battle.
[19:16] <@Detro> ::cocks his head to the side:: In a ways, almost like your silent friend there.
01[19:16] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> Your help will be well wherever you feel to be, Raven Captain. This plan was made to stand alone, but surely with your help we will find victory.
[19:16] <@Birkin> ::leans back taking in the scene for a few minutes, until he got bored of it and decided to move around::
01[19:17] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::raises an eyebrow at Detro:: Silent?
[19:17] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: You haven't said a word so far, warrior.
[19:17] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: The second part of our goal here is somewhat more complex.
[19:17] <@Gabriel> We seek to learn if a given family is imprisoned in Bastille Alpha.
[19:18] <@Gabriel> If so, we would like to arrange for their release along with the others.
01[19:18] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Scildfreja, even when speaking, barely ever raised her voice above a whisper - and never more than she had to:: I've had nothing to say, warrior.
[19:18] <@Delgado> ::grins to herself as she hears the news, speaking in an equally hushed tone:: Thank you for that. And send them my best. Especially the little one.
01[19:18] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::he inhales deeply and leans back into his chair, steepling his hands together before his face::
[19:18] <@Caelin> ::looks over at scildfreja and is almost insulted that she be compared to a grel but checks his emotions so to not make a scene::
[19:19] <@Detro> ::smiles, just a bit:: "Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
01[19:20] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> What you ask is not simple, Captain. The records of Bastille Alpha are tightly kept. How do you plan to do this?
[19:20] <@Ardelmos> ::it seemed to Roland that if they were going to find said family, they probably weren't going to have time to help with anything else regarding the prison break -- there were thousands of people in there, and even with the intelligence on their location, it could take hours to get to them and get them out::
01[19:21] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::He nods. The man seems to be travelling hard lately; he's unsahven and stubbly, and his eyes are ringed with grey. Still, he seems alert and awake:: She names the child "Micate." It means 'brought from the stars'.
[19:22] <@Gabriel> If you knew of a way for us to access these records, we would seek your help in doign so.
[19:22] <@Gabriel> If you do not, then we would attempt to access these records ourselves.
01[19:22] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she takes a breath before responding:: I'm surprised you Terranovans don't cling to quiet more. This place is filled with enemies.
01[19:23] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::looks over at Baldren hopefully::
01[19:23] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> ::rubs his face:: The Rock? Almighty Dollar. You don't look for the *small* targets, do you, Tynes? ::smirks::
[19:24] <@Detro> ::quoting Confucius reminded Detro of another of the man's sayings... "It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them."::
[19:24] <@Gabriel> ::grins back:: I haven't so far.
[19:24] <@Detro> ::eyes the others as they respond to his words::
[19:24] <@Delgado> Beautiful and appropriate. ::nods slightly then eyes Everes sideways:: You work hard. Too hard, maybe? ::asks to see if he needs help in a tactful way as not to insult him::
[19:25] <@Detro> My apologies. I didn't mean to offend. I suspect the GREL that we know and have encountered have had far different experiences than those you deal with.
01[19:25] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> Okay. I can at least show you where to look. Can't really help you getting what you need, though. That's well out of what I can do. Havne't got the rocks for it, I'm afraid ::grins::
[19:27] <@Detro> As for clinging to quiet more... Well, we wouldn't be here, and the Earthers would have conquered us long ago, had we done that.
[19:27] <@Gabriel> That will be quite sufficient, thank you.
[19:27] <@Detro> "To know what is right and not to do it is the worst cowardice", as the Great Philosopher once said.
[19:27] <@Ardelmos> ::glances at Tynes, then at Baldren:: You might know who we're looking for already. I can't imagine the earthers'd keep this particulary family under wraps when they brought them in.
01[19:28] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::he shrugs:: Life's hard. It is a war, yes? Don't worry for me. Almen and I are rounding support and warning our allies, then we have a good rest before the attack.
01[19:28] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::presses her lips together again:: No insult is taken but what is intended. Our pride is secure.
[19:29] <@Birkin> ::looks at Scildfreja then over at Roland:: She sounds like you sometimes.
01[19:29] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> Who is it? maybe I do.
[19:29] <@Gabriel> In exchange for your assistance, we will do everything in our power to ensure your attack succeeds.
[19:30] <@Gabriel> It is the family of Mariko Sanvit. The former CEO of EGL.
01[19:30] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> We will be in the trench for some time yet. Perhaps Everes can bring the aid you need. Your good doctor knows him well enough.
[19:30] <@Ardelmos> ::nods, then looks over at Birkin, flicks his eyes at Scildfreja, then back at Birkin:: Not enough cursing. To many fancy fucking words.
[19:31] <@Birkin> And here I thought we'd found you that special someone maybe.
01[19:31] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> ::Inhales sharply:: Mark, you *don't* go for the small bids. Yeah, I know a little. It was all over CENN.
01[19:32] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Glances back at Roland, and mouths some phrase that isn't audible or immediately intelligible::
[19:32] <@Ardelmos> We kind of ::does the finger quotes thing:: 'owe her'.
[19:32] <@Caelin> ::narrows his eyes at detro for a moment before catching the exchange between birkin and roland, then scildfreja::
[19:33] <@Gabriel> Then it's safe to say that they're in Bastille Alpha.
[19:33] <@Birkin> ::catches Caelin's look, having seen the jealousy when Mem tried to put the moves on the new foreign girl and gives him a wink::
[19:33] <@Detro> ::doesn't flinch at Caelin's reaction, sizing him up himself::
01[19:33] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> Was - was that *you*? What happened to her, anyways? All we knew is that she went rogue.
[19:34] <@Gabriel> She has a new home now.
[19:34] <@Birkin> She was suprisingly cooperative once she heard what we wanted to do really.
[19:34] <@Birkin> Her pissant second in command though, he took some convincing.
[19:35] <@Delgado> ::nods idly as Everes speaks. She doesn't look happy about it, but she accepts his promise of rest as she glances at Almen when he mentions her::
[19:35] <@Caelin> ::smirks a moment at scildfreja's barely audible response::
[19:36] <@Gabriel> And yes, that was me... or more precisely, my predecessor. She had information that was vital to the survival of millions of people on Caprice.
[19:36] <@Detro> I'm sure at some point we'll manage a rendevouz with Commandant Gotah and you could see her in action for yourself. The GREL, that is.
01[19:36] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> ::nods, understanding: Aha. Well, yeah, the whole family got carted up and brought to the Rock shortly after. Public humiliation. Though... ::frowns:: the two younger boys, I don't think they're in there.
[19:36] <@Ardelmos> Plus we kind of killed everyone else on her shuttle and she didn't have anywhere else to go.
[19:36] <@Detro> And mind you, I say that even though my father died at the hands of those of her kind.
01[19:36] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> We've seen GREL, but yes, I think that I would like that.
01[19:37] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::Sits back, arms crossed, frowning, thoughtful::
[19:37] <@Gabriel> Is there any way to add them to the escape?
01[19:38] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> You look tired yourself, Xochitl. This life is hard on us both.
01[19:38] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::exhales:: I will get word to Falcon, if I can. If she is able, she will have them ready to leave. Otherwise, you will have to go in and get them.
[19:38] <@Detro> Guess your people have no love for the GREL either...
[19:39] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: If that is the case, I will have to enter the Rock when you open the fissure.
[19:40] <@Birkin> You said that her sons weren't there. Where were they taken, was that given any press?
01[19:40] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::bluntly:: No, no we don't.
[19:41] <@Ardelmos> Where are the boys?
01[19:41] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> This we can do, but we can't promise you anything beyond this. ::pauses:: I will tell you what we know of the prison, from our letters. It is a difficult place to attack.
[19:41] <@Delgado> ::gives a weak laugh as she shakes her head:: You're right. Hazard of the job. ::smirks:: But the payoffs are great.
[19:42] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: We have no intention of attacking it. Your plan is the wise course of action.
01[19:42] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> ::Shrugs:: Don't really know. They weren't in the footage of them being carted off to jail. I imagine that they were put into a CID orphanage or something.
[19:42] <@Gabriel> ::glances over at Roland, then nods at the question::
[19:42] <@Detro> ::lets it drop after that... it's hard talking to these Utopians, as it seems like they're so easily offended. Worse, it's like they're holding back on being outright offensive themselves...::
[19:42] <@Gabriel> We'll want to track them down as well, then.
[19:42] <@Caelin> ::he frowns and looks back to his laptop again, it was odd that scildfreja was actually doing more talking than he was::
01[19:43] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> Will you be coming back to Cora? You're welcome there, you know that.
[19:43] <@Birkin> CID Orphanage? What are those?
[19:44] <@Birkin> OR is it just like they sound. A indoctrination center for young forgotten minds
[19:44] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts:: Or hypnotraining center.
[19:44] <@Ardelmos> Fuckers.
01[19:44] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> ::Smirks:: Basically.
[19:44] <@Birkin> Great.
[19:45] <@Ardelmos> Eh. They can be sedated. The Humanists'll fix'm.
[19:45] <@Birkin> If we're gonna get the kids back we shoul do it before the operation on the Rock
[19:45] <@Delgado> ::actually hesitates for a moment, thinking it over:: I... ::stops then smiles weakly:: We'll see. One thing at a time.
01[19:46] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::nods:: Of course. The war takes us on different trails.
01[19:46] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::exhales:: There would not be children there - or, not for long. They would die quickly. It's a hard place, this prison.
[19:47] <@Detro> ::shakes his head sadly:: Hypnotraining innocent civilians. Just another reason why these bastards need to be kicked back to Earth with their tails between their legs and their balls crushed.
01[19:47] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> I have a few friends in the Hakkar Social Welfare Agency, they can probably find the kids.
[19:47] <@Gabriel> Excellent. We have one other concern.
[19:47] <@Delgado> ::turns back to the general conversation when she hears 'hypnotraining', paying closer attention::
[19:47] <@Gabriel> Our doctor is concerned that some of those within the prison may have been hypnotrained.
01[19:47] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::purses her lips:: They're evil. There is no good word for it in this language.
01[19:48] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> Hypnotrained?
[19:48] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Programmed to become traitors to the Jund.
[19:49] <@Ardelmos> Sleeper agents. Might not even know.
01[19:49] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::Sits forward, clearly surprised:: How? What did they - how did they do this? Who should Falcon look for?
[19:49] <@Detro> No good word in ANY language. ::cocks his head:: Though I suppose "Lio coh jwei ji neong hur ho deh yung duh buhn jab j'whon" comes close. ::scratches his chin:: A bit of an insult to the whores and monkeys though.
[19:50] <@Gabriel> ::looks over at Delgado:: Doctor?
01[19:51] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Frowns::
[19:51] <@Caelin> ::raises an eyebrow at detro's comment::
[19:52] <@Detro> ::sees the other two there look confused:: Oh. You don't speak Mandanese, right. Uh... ::has to think over the translation a bit:: "Stupid son of a drooling whore and monkey."
[19:52] <@Delgado> ::nods slightly then speaks up:: I'm not sure exactly how long a person can go before needing 'reenforcement'. Still, that is the only thing I can think of to truely suspect a person. Do they have frequent appointments? Get 'interrogated' on a regular basis? Or more frequently than others? Just... subtle things like that which could be missed.
01[19:53] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Man-dan-ees.
[19:53] <@Delgado> As for other signs... ::shrugs and sighs:: I don't know.
[19:53] <@Detro> ::winces:: I guess that language died out on Utopia...
01[19:53] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> Many of the human and GREL prisoners are taken to the prison medical centre regularily.
[19:54] <@Caelin> ::a beat, then to scildfreja::mon...key?
[19:55] <@Detro> ::Facepalms::
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::shrugs::
[19:55] <@Detro> ::From behind his hands:: Probably best if you forget about it.
01[19:56] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> ::Shudders:: The medical centre in that place isn't about medicine.
[19:56] <@Birkin> Don't feel so bad. they probably don't know Universal French either.
[19:56] <@Delgado> Are they treated in groups or individually? If only a certain few are taken to a secluded area away from others... ::once again sighs:: It's just a theory. And I have no other answers for you.
[19:56] <@Detro> Worth a shot I guess. Parle francais?
[19:57] <@Ardelmos> Just keep your eyes open. Chances are you won't be expecting the people you just freed to turn around and shoot you in the balls.
[19:58] <@Delgado> ::nods at Roland's remark::
01[19:58] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::Sighs, and says grimly:: The hospital there is open to any of the prisoners who is sick or injured, but they often get "un-neccessary tests" and procedures. They are mice in a lab.
[19:59] <@Birkin> ::smirks:: Probably where they began working on that bioweapon. Testing it on the prisoners there
[19:59] <@Detro> ::arches eyebrow questioningly at the Utopians::
[20:00] <@Delgado> ::crosses her arms and mutters:: That whole place needs to be scrubbed out.
[20:00] <@Caelin> ::nods a bit:: we know of it, don't speak it
[20:00] <@Birkin> ::grins a bit:: Class and culture alive and well.
01[20:00] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> They won't get their guns until we're free and clear. And yes, Xochitl is right. That mountain would better be a crater.
[20:01] <@Ardelmos> Well, we know where you can get a nuke on the cheap, if you want it.
[20:01] <@Detro> ::sigh:: Honestly, what DID they teach your ancestors in school... ::smiles::
01[20:02] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::Seems to be considering the idea of a nuke quite heavily::
[20:02] <@Birkin> We just going to label the prisoners we don't get out acceptable losses?
01[20:04] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> There are a lot of awful people in there, but a lot of *our* people in there, too.
[20:04] <@Gabriel> ::sits listening, clearly troubled:: There's no telling who's been altered in there.
[20:05] <@Delgado> ::like Everes, she looks like she's actually considering the destruction of BA against 'acceptable losses' that Birkin said::
[20:05] <@Ardelmos> Without a bunch of Humanists and their brain blending technocrap? No, not really.
[20:06] <@Detro> ::looks at the others:: You aren't going to just let them be killed off though, I hope. Just on a possibility.
01[20:06] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::Waves a hand:: We won't use nuclear weapons, or they will use them on us, or others. No, we will do other things.
01[20:07] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She peers down at Caelin's screen, prodding the drones that were out in the field::
[20:07] <@Detro> ::sighs in relief at the calling off of nukes, then presses on:: If you don't mind me interrupting, but do you have any plans for the orbital troops the CEF is likely going to drop in response to a prison break?
[20:08] <@Caelin> ::frowns as he catches mention of the nuke again but is relieved by almen's response, he glances at scildfreja:: [AS] that one is wise
01[20:08] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::He smiles placidly:: Five of our reubeni have been outfitted with anti-air lasers. Talon Seven has provided us with one from their spacecraft, and we have manufactured several more.
[20:09] <@Detro> That's just a grain in the desert against 2,000 troops, let alone the drone cargos of two stations.
01[20:09] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] Maybe. We'll have to see how they do, first.
[20:10] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Have you had any luck reproducing the anti-air cannons that I supplied to you?
01[20:10] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> We will have them in thei trucks in under a minute, and will be hidden in three. Not all of us will escape, yes. But many of us.
01[20:11] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::He nods, and bows his head to Tynes:: Yes; we have replaced all of the old cannons with these, or a variant of these. They will help greatly.
[20:12] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Good. Any of my people that do not enter the prison will fight to help you escape.
[20:13] <@Delgado> ::sighs as talk of the situation doesn't sound any better than before they started planning::
01[20:13] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> I fear that if you go in, you will need all your strength to survive, else you stay premanently.
[20:13] <@Detro> ::feels his questions answered as best as they can, so slides back to join the Utopians::
[20:14] <@Detro> ::looks at them:: So, you guys coming on this jail break?
[20:14] <@Gabriel> Mariko Sanvit has been a great help to us. It is only fitting that I make the attempt.
01[20:15] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> The warriors of Terra Nova are noble; it is a sad thing that our enemies are not so.
01[20:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::murmurs:: I think so.
[20:15] <@Ardelmos> ::suppresses the instict to chuckle at being called 'noble'::
01[20:15] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::takes out a data pad, thumbing through it for something::
[20:16] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: Not like you really *have* to go. I mean, there's plenty of other Talon teams...
[20:17] <@Gabriel> ::nods at the compliment:: If you can rapidly learn if the Sanvit family can be contacted, that will greatly assist in our planning.
[20:17] <@Gabriel> I would not enter the prison lightly, nor if it were not completely necessary.
[20:17] <@Caelin> ::nods slowly::we will assist
01[20:18] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> There are twenty four levels to the prison; the fault is near the bottom level. Chances are, your friends will be at the top.
[20:18] <@Gabriel> Of course.
[20:18] <@Gabriel> ::shrugs slightly, as if to say "where else?"::
[20:19] <@Detro> ::pats Caelin on the shoulder:: Glad t'have you along. ::gets up and heads over to what passes as the mess area, snagging a ration bar::
[20:19] <@Ardelmos> Just means more bodies.
01[20:19] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> The GREL are given the bottom, and they dig new cells and levels for work. The top is for Liberati and political prisoners. . . those they don't just kill.
[20:19] <@Gabriel> ::glances over at Roland:: Volunteering to go in with me, Senior Sergeant?
[20:20] <@Ardelmos> One more person outside won't make much of a difference.
[20:20] <@Gabriel> Two more people. We'll need an expert in bypassing the many locks we'll no doubt find inside.
01[20:21] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> We will do well outside. ::he grins briefly:: PErhaps it will be us covering for you as you escape.
03[20:21] * Scottylite (~scotty@s013.isp.ca) has joined #BT05
[20:21] <@Detro> ::looks at the ration wrapper, blinking:: Huh. "Road Grits, a fully owned subsidiary of Wierd But Tasty". Never noticed that before.
[20:21] <@Delgado> ::shifts back and forth, uncomfortable over the talk of walking into that hellhole::
[20:22] <@Birkin> ::smirks:: Does this mean I get to go inside or shoot things outside?
[20:22] <@Detro> ::shrugs and works the wrapper off the bar, nibbling at it::
03[20:22] * Savant sets mode: +o Scottylite
[20:22] <@Scottylite> ::glances at his shoulder as detro walks away::[AS] strange people....
01[20:22] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Glances at Caelin:: [AS]Why do you say that?
[20:22] <@Detro> ::rejoins the others:: If I might make a suggestion on the "walking in, walking out" thing, is there any way we could force an entrance at a level closer to where they might be?
02[20:22] * @Caelin (~scotty@s013.isp.ca) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[20:23] * Scottylite is now known as Caelin
[20:23] <@Detro> Because 24 levels is a lot of ground to cover and lets the CEF happily block us in.
01[20:23] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::looks over his pad:: If you enter one of the side fortresses, perhaps there is a way inside from there.
[20:24] <@Gabriel> Perhaps? I'm not sure I want to gamble on a "perhaps".
[20:24] <@Ardelmos> The CEF is going to be far more interested on stopping people from getting out than people getting in. It'll be the last thing they expect. What fucking lunatics go into Bastille Alpha on purpose?
[20:24] <@Ardelmos> ::a beat:: Amir Falcon excepted.
[20:25] <@Detro> ::to Roland:: The same lunatics who will be running into guards going the other way to recapture the prisoners.
01[20:25] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> If you go in from the bottom, you will have to go through the central shaft, and this is guarded with automated guns, and controlled from the main fortress above.
[20:25] <@Ardelmos> Oooooooh. Guards. Ooooooh.
01[20:25] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::grins widely:: Sendra Fallon has been called insane by many, yes.
[20:26] <@Caelin> ::looks at scildfreja::[AS] too...friendly, they'll accept help from anyone, even grel, they seem to accept us though they know very little about us....strange
[20:26] <@Gabriel> ::shrugs:: We can hope that she can get them out with the others, or perhaps manuever to have them closer to where we go in.
[20:26] <@Detro> ::ignores his team commander, appealing to Tynes directly:: I think it's worth the risk breaching further up sir, if not to get into the facility, then as an escape plan.
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] mm. Yes, I know. It's strange.
[20:27] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Yes, this is a worthwhile possibility to consider.
01[20:28] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> Very good. I will try to send word to her, to find these people and have them made ready.
[20:28] <@Caelin> ::tilts head back towards detro and roland::[AS]and the way they interact with each other sometimes, it's hard to understand how they have worked together for so long
[20:29] <@Birkin> Automated guns? We had some fun with those back in Port Arthur didn't we?
01[20:29] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::snorts:: And the walls and floors are electrified in many of the upper floors. To stop riots.
[20:29] <@Delgado> Sounds like a regular funhouse. ::mutters::
[20:30] <@Detro> Any chance you could give us a full list of what you know of the inside and outside? Defenses, layout, anything?
01[20:31] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::hands his pad to Delgado, beside him::
[20:31] <@Birkin> ::looks over at Delgado and grins:: Didn't I tell you? thats why they pay us the big money.
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Smiles briefly and pats Caelin's thigh, then tilts his laptop towards her, squinting at the screen::
[20:32] <@Gabriel> ::looks at Baldren:: You said the entire Sanvit family was rounded up. How many, not including the two children?
[20:33] <@Caelin> ::looks at the screen as well:: looking for something?
[20:33] <@Delgado> Hey. I'm getting paid to patch you guys up, not... not break into one of the seven levels of hell. ::looks over at Everes and the pad, still grumbling::
01[20:33] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> Her husband and her eldest son. I think he's 11? Eleven years, taht is. Don't know what that is in cycles.
01[20:34] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::In a rare moment of whimsy, he quips:: Apparently there are twenty four levels of hell.
[20:34] <@Detro> Either way, that's a lot of stuff to fight through... ::glances up at Roland:: Still got that lucky sleeve garrotte of yours?
[20:35] <@Delgado> ::chuckles softly:: Touche.
[20:35] <@Ardelmos> A piece of cloth of from a fucking prison uniform? What the fuck do you think?
[20:35] <@Gabriel> Who said anything about fighting our way up?
[20:36] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: I think it's a given. We're going to be going in during a major breakout escape. That means they'll probably have the place locked down and guards out everywhere.
01[20:36] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> ::Grins:: We could always just get you arrested. You know when the break-out is happening.
[20:37] <@Gabriel> ::grins back:: Starting from inside a cell, with no weapons and no gear, does not appeal to me.
[20:37] <@Ardelmos> Been there. Done that.
[20:38] <@Detro> And I have no desire to become intimately familiar with Rasuul's interrogators after what I read of the last encounter.
01[20:38] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> ::grins wider and shrugs:: It's an idea.
[20:39] <@Detro> I still think it'd be a lot easier if we could break in further up the building. Bypass the security and defenses instead of having to deal with them.
01[20:40] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> We don't know if you *can*. There is only one way in for sure, the main fortress. This is all that Falcon has found.
[20:40] <@Detro> ::grins:: I've got a modified BIL that says otherwise.
[20:41] <@Delgado> ::thinks for a moment then speaks up, though her voice is a little weak. It's almost like she doesn't want an answer:: Are they hiring any medical staff?
01[20:41] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [as] No... just checking in on them.
01[20:42] <@Savant> 3Everes Hattenai el-Hayar> ::grins broadly:: No, they're CEF doctors. You're too short, and not enough purple.
[20:42] <@Gabriel> Oh! Which reminds me.
[20:42] <@Gabriel> ::looks over at Delgado:: How difficult would it be to make me look like a Jan, Doctor?
[20:43] <@Gabriel> ::runs one hand through his hair a little ruefully::
[20:43] <@Ardelmos> ::brings a hand to his face::
[20:43] <@Detro> ::winces:: You want to look like a GREL. In a prison full of ESCAPING GREL?
[20:43] <@Ardelmos> ::pinches the bridge of his nose::
[20:43] <@Gabriel> Presumably, not all of them are escaping.
[20:44] <@Caelin> ::nods::[AS] so far it has just been the liberati, and the occasional animal
[20:44] <@Detro> Yeah, I'm sure a GREL walking around with a jet pack on his back isn't going to look like a target.
[20:44] <@Delgado> ::eyes Gabriel closely:: Hmm... Depends on what I have to work with, equipment-wise.
03[20:44] * Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has left #bt05
[20:44] <@Gabriel> ::shrugs:: You're as familiar with the medical equipment aboard Pathfinder as anyone.
[20:45] <@Detro> If you're going to insist on this insane idea...
[20:45] <@Ardelmos> Red contacts. Pass ourselves off as SLEDGEs.
01[20:45] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::sighs and swivels the laptop back away from him, and rises:: [AS] do you want something to eat?
[20:45] <@Birkin> Wouldn't it just. ::points at Roland::
[20:45] <@Detro> ...then someone better find a CEF uniform that'll fit me.
[20:46] <@Caelin> ::nods::[AS] yes, thank you
[20:46] <@Delgado> ::nods idly:: I think I could do it. Maybe. I think. ::smiles weakly::
[20:46] <@Detro> ::gestures at Roland:: The logs say on your way out last time, Roland posed as a SLEDGE for testing, so we know that cover should work. And if I'm in a uniform, maybe they'll think twice about shooting a GREL.
[20:47] <@Detro> Someone's going to have to give me a crash course in that twisted-trash the CEF speaks.
[20:47] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: It's a very, very last resort. If we have to go in, I'd much prefer to do so without being seen by anyone.
01[20:48] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::he isn't saying anything, only listening with amusement to the Talons as they form their plans::
[20:48] <@Gabriel> But enough of that. ::turns back to Baldren:: Once you get the GRELs out, do you plan to move along the fissure, or escape it?
03[20:48] * Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
[20:48] <@Detro> ::makes a note of these plans... assuming this all works, maybe that crazy plan would make a good movie back home::
01[20:48] <@Savant> 5Baldren Guttenson> ::Raises his hands:: O ho ho, *I'm* not going. What am I, crazy?
[20:49] <@Gabriel> ::laughs, despite himself:: Apparently not.
01[20:49] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::calmly:: We will move out of hte fissure and into the wastes. After a few kilometers it gets quite rough, and we have prepared contingencies for our retreat.
[20:49] <@Gabriel> Very well, then, what is the plan for the escaping trucks? ::looks at the El-Hayars::
[20:50] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Good. The rest of my team will assist in covering your escape. Do you have any sort of detailed maps or recon photos of the area?
01[20:51] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> Many. They are on the PDA Everes gave you.
01[20:52] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Gets up, heads into the small kitchenette, and comes back with a pair of plastic containers. Some sort of caserole is inside the heated tray::
[20:52] <@Gabriel> Excellent. And your preferred escape route is marked?
01[20:52] <@Savant> 3Almen Hattenai El-Hayar> ::nods:: All of the paths are prepared for you to see. We thought it something you would need. Our timeline is there also.
[20:52] <@Delgado> ::looks back down at the PDA and shakes her head idly, having an internal conversation::
[20:53] <@Detro> ::going over that crazy plan in his head, it would at least explain why they'd have a BIL with them::
[20:54] <@Gabriel> Better and better. We'll examine this intel and pick out a couple of likely spots to hide. You pass through with someone unfriendly on you, and my team will explain how unhealthy that attitude can be.
[20:54] <@Caelin> ::takes a look at the tray and smirks a bit::[AS] your fine cooking freja?
01[20:54] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::grins broadly at his joke::
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[20:55] <@Savant> i like Gabriel's line there, but I had to have Scildfreja at least answer, she's not the sort to leave someone hanging.
[20:55] <@Birkin> awesp,e
[20:55] <@Birkin> er awesome
01[20:55] <@Savant> Anyways, a little quiet tonight, but that's fine. I will have info for you this week. Next week we will look at rescuing some kids from a CID orphanage.
01[20:56] <@Savant> questions?
[20:56] <@Gabriel> Good stuff, yeah.
[20:56] <@Gabriel> None here, sounds like fun.
01[20:56] <@Savant> i have a lot of info to parse for you, it will be put onto the wiki. I'll make an article about Bastille Alpha.
[20:56] <@Birkin> Will that be the info gathering session for the CID Orphanage or the actual break in and rough up some people
[20:56] <@Detro> There is an article for Bastille Alpha already
01[20:56] <@Savant> also, I apologize for being a little scatterbrained. Invader Zim is playing full-audio right beside me here Wink
01[20:57] <@Savant> i'll give you the info during the wek if someone makes the effort to get it
[20:57] <@Delgado> "TACOS!"
[20:57] <@Detro> Heh. That'll probably be either me or Ross doing that. Wink
[20:58] <@Birkin> We could kick Brad in the balls
[20:58] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I'll start harrassing you in the next day or two. Wink
01[20:58] <@Savant> okay, experience points. One for being here, two is for teamwork. Any of that happen today?
[20:58] <@Caelin> hmm just wondering, wouldn't rescuing sanvit's kids kinda put an alert out to the CID to step up security around sanvit's other kid and husband?
[20:58] <@Detro> Wouldn't work. He'd be all excited about being able to sing soprano Wink
[20:58] <@Delgado> Planning as a team? Wink
[20:58] <@Ardelmos> Step up security....in Bastille Alpha?
01[20:59] <@Savant> not much teamwork today, I think. You'll have to do well to convince me you deserve that one Wink
[20:59] <@Detro> Heh. Detro made an effort to keep the Utopians feeling welcome (Which backfired to a point) and determined they'd be helping us in the Bastilla Alpha raid.
[20:59] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Good dispersal of questions and focus areas. Every few people had specific areas they were asking about or dealing with.
[20:59] <@Detro> He also briefed them about the Liberati.
[20:59] <@Detro> The Liberati big-wigs in the room he knew at least.
01[21:00] <@Savant> hm, an interesting take on the teamwork thing.
[21:00] <@Gabriel> To say nothing of teamwork with the Liberati. This'll only be the second or third mission we've run together with them.
[21:00] <@Detro> ::nods:: Everyone popped in with a question or answer at good times in this.
01[21:00] <@Savant> i'll buy that. Sure, have a teamwork point. That's two. And yes, you're working together well with them.
[21:00] <@Ardelmos> That didn't involve us just swooping in to save their asses, anyway.
[21:00] <@Caelin> i mean if the CID is paranoid enough they may thinking there would be a rescue attempt made on the husband and other kid next, might make things more difficult for us
01[21:00] <@Savant> third point is storyline. Tell me what you've leanred and why it's important.
[21:02] <@Gabriel> We've confirmed that the CID is experimenting on the inmates, something we had a good idea was happening, but couldn't confirm. We considered nuking the place for that reason, which is a story element in and of itself.
[21:02] <@Detro> We still don't know what this #$%^!#$^ing place looks like.
[21:02] <@Detro> Which means we're going into this building horribly blind, and just knowing it has 24 levels.
01[21:02] <@Savant> i will give you an exterior picture or two, but no interior pictures
[21:02] <@Gabriel> This is one of those Auschwitz things. Do we bomb the target flat, killing thousands of innocents, to stop the horrors going on inside?
[21:03] <@Gabriel> We've decided no for the moment, but the question is tabled, not dead.
01[21:03] <@Savant> anything else? I'm looking at you, Detro.
[21:03] <@Detro> What, that I learned?
[21:03] <@Detro> Well, let's see. The Utopians have no respect for languages apparently.
[21:03] <@Detro> And they're easy to piss off but incredibly good at not reciprocating.
[21:03] <@Ardelmos> Also, they don't have monkeys.
01[21:03] <@Savant> heee
02[21:03] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
03[21:03] * Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has left #bt05
01[21:04] <@Savant> it is a tragic truth, that Sad
01[21:04] <@Savant> terranova doesn't have monkeys either, except for a few in zoos, though.
[21:04] <@Detro> Also, it appears the Liberati present weren't aware of the hypnotraining thing.
[21:04] <@Detro> Which is surprising given Gotah was informed.
[21:04] <@Detro> I'd have expected some word of warning to get passed down.
[21:05] <@Gabriel> The El-Hayars have always been kind off doing their own thing.
[21:05] <@Gabriel> *kinda
01[21:05] <@Savant> tehy're sort of on the other side of the planet Wink
[21:05] <@Gabriel> They've also started building lasers. I found that interesting.
[21:05] <@Detro> Did that cover what you were expecting?
[21:05] <@Gabriel> Thought Liberati didn't have any interest in anything that complex. Apparently, they do. Wink
[21:06] <@Caelin> i don't think it's a lack of respect for languages that utopians have, Caelin knows 3, he's just never learned any others
01[21:06] <@Savant> lasers are the pre-eminent anti-air weapon. They like them for that Wink
01[21:06] <@Savant> Scildfreja knows three languages as well
01[21:07] <@Savant> anyways. That's three experience points
01[21:07] <@Savant> four if you can tell me something you look forward to doing over the next story arc
[21:07] <@Ardelmos> Do the Liberati have a counter to the CEF's laser identification technology?
03[21:07] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
[21:07] <@Gabriel> "Next story arc" = after the break?
03[21:07] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
[21:07] <@Itzpapalotl> meh
03[21:07] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
03[21:08] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
[21:08] <@Prescot> Are we gonna go home after this, and if so. how?
03[21:08] * Delgado is now known as Itzpapalotl
[21:08] <@Detro> Hmm. I'm looking forward to see who survives the break-out. Both those in the prison and without.
01[21:08] <@Savant> this soory, the one we're in
01[21:08] <@Savant> story, even. heh.
01[21:08] <@Savant> and you don't know, Roland.
[21:09] <@Ardelmos> Do they even know that they're going to light themselves up like christmas lights? Wink
[21:09] <@Detro> That's why Detro didn't push the "Decoy battle", Roland.
01[21:09] <@Savant> maybe you should ask them this Wink
[21:09] <@Detro> I got the impression they're not expecting anyone to come back from that combat group.
[21:10] <@Gabriel> I'm kinda hoping that they can get the Sanvits out or close so that everyone can be in the Gear battle. This will be the last one of those we have, probably for a good long while, so it'd be fun to have a long one.
06[21:10] * @Savant nods
[21:10] <@Gabriel> So, what am I looking forward to? Boss fight. Wink
01[21:10] <@Savant> sounds reasonable to me. And you've certainly picked a boss fight.
[21:10] <@Ardelmos> Insert chorus+orchestra+electric guitar here.
[21:11] <@Gabriel> ::grins::
[21:11] <@Detro> You mean "Crash Dive on Mingo City"?
[21:11] <@Ardelmos> What?
[21:11] <@Gabriel> I think he's thinking more along the lines of Halo. Wink
01[21:11] <@Savant> an idea i've been toying with over the past while: running a music server so that i can give you guys a soundtrack to fights and games. What do you think of that?
[21:11] <@Ardelmos> No, I mean Final Fantasy boss music.
[21:11] <@Detro> Ah, so "Sephiroth" then.
01[21:11] <@Savant> anyone else want to give what they look forward to in this?
[21:12] <@Ardelmos> Or, more specifically, Nobuo Uematsu boss music.
[21:12] <@Detro> The problem with that Colin is that most music doesn't quite go long enough to keep up with drawn-out scenes.
[21:12] <@Detro> Not to mention that adds to what you have to GM. Wink
03[21:12] * Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
01[21:12] <@Savant> i have big libraries of fairly energetic fight music Wink
[21:13] <@Caelin> this'll be interesting for me, caelin and scildfreja will likely be assisting the liberati with cover fire should the need arise i imagine
03[21:13] * Caelin is now known as Scotty
01[21:13] <@Savant> yup
[21:13] <@Ardelmos> Psh. You can leap onto the backs of Frames and tear off their engines or something.
[21:13] <@Detro> So is that 4XP?
01[21:13] <@Savant> anyways, I see answers from Jester, Farrell and Scotty
[21:14] <@Ardelmos> I look forward to Chuck Norris.
[21:14] <@Ardelmos> isms.
01[21:14] <@Savant> four for them, four for Delgado, three for all you others- does that count? hmm.
[21:14] <@Ardelmos> Roland hasn't done anything crazy for a while. Wink
[21:14] <@Itzpapalotl> Woot
01[21:14] <@Savant> i'll take htat to a looking forward to the boss fight, and give tit to you Wink
[21:14] <@Ardelmos> Woot! Tit!
[21:14] <@Detro> Wow, that's generous
[21:14] <@Detro> Tit man.
[21:14] <@Detro> Word.
[21:14] <@Scotty> it's either assist the liberati, or sneak in ahead of the gears and plant boobie traps for the guards
01[21:14] <@Savant> eheh. I hate you all Wink
01[21:15] <@Savant> bobbie traps?
01[21:15] <@Savant> right. done.
01[21:15] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
[18:30] <@Mem> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:30] <@Ardelmos> ::attn::
[18:31] <@Delgado> ::attn::
[18:31] <@Caelin> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> good evening, and welcome yet again to another session of the Black Talons. One or two things before we dive into the most morally interesting things you guys have done up to this point Wink
[18:32] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
01[18:32] <@Savant> first is that i'm not entirely sure where this game is going. I don't mind this, I'm more than capable of flying by the seat of my pants, but it means that I need you guys to do more than sit back and let me feed you plot. Make some, or I will make some on top of you Wink
[18:32] <@Ardelmos> You keep bringing this 'moral' stuff up. We don't see it that way. Wink
03[18:32] * LrdVampyre (~dstirling@68.148.101.135) has joined #BT05
03[18:32] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
01[18:32] <@Savant> i didnt' say morally questionable, i just find it really morally interesting. Is what you're doing good, and for whom?
01[18:33] <@Savant> anyways, so, we'll start day after last game, in the same safehouse. You guys decide where you're going or what you're doing from there. I'm perfectly happy you guys running into an orphanage and lighting it on fire from there, or whatever.
01[18:34] <@Savant> ... man, and I was being serious when I wrote that. Freaky. And again. morally interesting Wink
[18:34] <@Gabriel> I don't think anyone sane on the team is considering lighting the orphanage on fire.
01[18:34] <@Savant> second thing is in regards to the events after our Caprice arc finishes up.
01[18:34] <@Savant> then why is it that Mem and Roland are looking for flammables inside of it? Wink
[18:35] <@Gabriel> Because they're insane, obviously.
[18:35] <@Gabriel> Duh.
01[18:35] <@Savant> i'd be interested in seeing the pie chart of sanity vs insanity in BT05
[18:35] <@Ardelmos> Just a little fire.
[18:35] <@Ardelmos> If this place is as heavily securitized as you say it is, I'm sure they can deal with a little fire. Wink
01[18:35] <@Savant> anyways. The interregnum. Another option struck me which I think is again, interesting.
01[18:36] <@Savant> instead of switching to another game, perhaps we can simply do a series of Terranovan vignettes, little scenes and interesting scenarios of things your characters are doing on Terra Nova
01[18:37] <@Savant> perhaps you're visiting family int he badlands, and bad things happen there. Maybe BT05 does a publicity stunt. Maybe something else. Focused on character development, character backgrounds, and things you don't really get to do in the game as often as i'd like.
01[18:37] <@Savant> any thoughts on that?
[18:37] <@Detro> ::thumbs up::
[18:38] <@Gabriel> Huh, interesting. I'll have to think about that.
01[18:38] <@Savant> means you don't have to learn a new system or setting, as a plus. As a minus, you don't get to learn a new system or setting Wink
[18:38] <@Mem> Tribe 8
[18:38] <@Ardelmos> Tribe Eeiiiiiiiiggggggght.
[18:38] <@Mem> Very Happy
[18:38] <@Caelin> lol
[18:39] <@Mem> Anyway
01[18:39] <@Savant> heh, awright Wink I see that we are split on the issue
01[18:39] <@Savant> anyways, one last thing. Jester's often not able to be on during the week due to work, and game planning hinges on him quite heavily, being the CO and all. I need our current Lieutenant to step up tot hat plate, or I need to have someone else step up.
01[18:40] <@Savant> cause I dislike having no idea what you guys are doing for a given game until I arrive on Thursdays. I'm sure this sounds familiar to some of you Wink
[18:40] <@Mem> Why does IC rank relate to OOC responsibility?
[18:40] <@Gabriel> A bit, yes. Wink
01[18:40] <@Savant> it doesn't.
03[18:40] * dakabn (~lcox@68.148.101.135) has joined #BT05
03[18:40] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[18:40] <@Gabriel> Also, I'll again take this opportunity to volunteer to step down as IC CO if someone else wants the job.
01[18:40] <@Savant> well, it sort of does.
[18:41] <@Detro> More than familiar.
01[18:41] <@Savant> if someone else -say, Dennis - makes a plan that Gabriel doesn't like, Gabriel vetos it. Unless you can have your character go through with a plan, and approve of it, without liking it yourself, there *is* a corellation between the two.
[18:41] <@Gabriel> Farrell, Vampyre, Brad, this is the cue for one of you to say "I'll do it."
06[18:42] * @Delgado snickers
01[18:42] <@Savant> i'm content with us finishing off the Caprice arc as is, but i'd like to see some discussion on the topic for the relaunch of the next arc.
[18:42] <@Detro> ::nods::
01[18:42] <@Savant> now, a much belated briefing.
01[18:42] <@Savant> 2To Move a Mountain
01[18:42] <@Savant> 2 17 Lares 275LC, 1900h - Evening - (22S TN1945)
01[18:42] <@Savant> 2 Mariska Benet Housing Ventures B Block, Envry Hub, Gomorrah, Caprice.
01[18:42] <@Savant> 2 18 degrees Celcius, 12% humidity, 112 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:42] <@Savant> This is possibly the most difficult task you have ever set for yourselves. Can't get much clearer than that, can it? Still, perhaps the words of Buddha are useful here - "The man who moves a mountain starts with a single rock."
01[18:42] <@Savant> The first rock you've chosen happens to be an interesting one, a favour to Mrs Mariko Sanvit. Her family was impounded upon her disappearance, and her two youngest children are currently living in a CID orphanage - the "New Earth Charitable Society." You've given yourselves the task of breaking them out.
01[18:42] <@Savant> The facility seems pleasant enough - the kids are well cared for, treated well, are getting a good education, and get occasional visits from CID and CEF officials. You have surveillance capacity on the area, but not much else.
01[18:42] <@Savant> It's an interesting first step to the collapse of Bastille Alpha as a secure prison facility, and it's half of Mariko's family - the most vulnerable half. A good beginning, if all goes well.
01[18:42] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:42] <@LrdVampyre> i'd be more than happy to take over as CO, but not with Melissa...she's not really command material.
03[18:42] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:43] <@Detro> ack
[18:43] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:43] <@Ardelmos> ack
[18:43] <@Delgado> ack
01[18:43] <@Savant> and I'm ready for questions.
[18:43] <@Mem> ack
03[18:43] * +dakabn (~lcox@68.148.101.135) has left #BT05
[18:43] <@Melissa> ack
01[18:44] <@Savant> no questions, huh? a rarity
[18:44] <@Ardelmos> What's a nubian?
[18:44] <@Gabriel> ::shrugs:: None here.
[18:44] <@Melissa> nothing comes to mind
01[18:44] <@Savant> dude from nubia.
01[18:45] <@Savant> let's be off.
01[18:45] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:46] <@Savant> The day has progressed relatively slowly. There is a constant trickle of people outside, resulting in a soft cacophony of voices and momveent that mingle with the hard metal whirrs and whines fromt he factories surrounding your safehouse. It's noisy, but dark and relatively well concealed.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> ::crouches about two blocks up from the orphanage, adjusting the stealth suit he's wearing slightly::
01[18:47] <@Savant> A good distance from the worker-warrens of Envry, the orphanage sits well-lit and cheerful, a pale blue building amongst other pale-blue buildings. The streets are bright and clean, the people are all friendly. A model NEC neighbourhood.
[18:47] <@Ardelmos> ::dials back on the macrobinoculars that he was using to peer close-in to the orphanage, snorting to himself -- the place was far too clean: it reeked of military intervention::
[18:48] <@Ardelmos> ::looks at Tynes:: So what are you thinking?
[18:49] <@Ardelmos> ::looks upwards, checking the level above the orphanage for catwalks or movement passages::
[18:49] <@Gabriel> ::in the process, finds where his sidearm is reflecting a nearby streetlight right into the windows of the orphanage, and covers it::
[18:50] <@Gabriel> ::glances at Roland:: A little more direct intrusion, I think. We've got the taps into the security feeds, but I'd like to establish taps into the data feeds as well, and maybe even ruffle some file cabinets, if they're still using such things.
[18:52] <@Ardelmos> ::points upwards:: Nothing but apartments on the level above -- no roads, either, just walkways. Might be able to repel.
[18:53] <@Mem> Vehicle> ::sits in a backseat, his computer open and connected to the comm system, waiting for the connection to be made remotely::
[18:53] <@Detro> ::is taking up the rear, mentally cataloging the vehicles nearby they can appropriate to escape::
[18:53] <@Mem> << Vehicle1 then. >>
[18:54] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Roland:: Got a climbing kit in my pack. ::withdraws the pack and extracts the kit::
[18:54] <@Detro> EDIT> ::is taking up the rear, mentally cataloging the vehicles nearby in case they have to appropriate another one to escape::
05[18:54] <@Melissa> V2> ::sits at the wheel, resting::
02[18:55] <@Delgado> V1> ::sits in the driver seat, casual and calm looking as she gazes around the street:: How goes, Mem?
02[18:55] <@Mem> V1> It's slow. And I'm in a parked car with Miss Gomorrah herself.
[18:55] <@Gabriel> ::unfolds the grapple in the pack and ties it off to the rope:: Let's go find a place to climb up.
01[18:55] <@Savant> The two vehicles - loaners from a surprisingly diverse motor pool from Baldren - are fairly nice, fairly large vans. They are the Caprician BMW's, and fit well into the neighbourhood.
[18:56] <@Mem> <<Strike that last line, Itz.>>
02[18:56] <@Mem> V1> It's going slowly. And I'm in a parked car alone with a girl and the windows haven't steamed up yet. ::smirks::
05[18:57] <@Caelin> V2>::sits back behind the driver's seat with his laptop out::
02[18:58] <@Delgado> V1> ::snickers:: I can turn on the heater if you wish.
[18:58] <@Ardelmos> ::grunts and nods, then ducks further into the alley and moves over to a sidestreet to being slinking down parallel to the orphanage's road::
[18:58] <@Gabriel> ::waits for Detro to catch up, then checks the adjacent block for a good building to climb or grapple to clilmb::
05[18:58] <@Melissa> V2> ::pulls out a datapad and begins to do a bit of drawing while listening to the radio::
[18:59] <@Detro> ::keeps an eye out to know when they're going to be in the range of surveilance cameras::
02[19:00] <@Mem> V1> ::leans back, stretching and yawning as he waits, listening in to the comm feeds from the various teams::
01[19:00] <@Savant> The insertion team makes their slow way to the building itself. IT's strange, really - tehy are used to moving through streets which aren't suspended hundreds of meters above the ground. IT's slow going, and before too long Detro can see one of the cameras watching the open areas around the orphanage.
[19:01] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Camera, 2 o'clock.
[19:01] <@Detro> +subvoc+ High.
[19:01] <@Gabriel> +com+ Can we sneak past it?
02[19:02] <@Mem> V1> ::still leaning back, he reached over to the keyboard and looked at for surveillance::
[19:02] <@Detro> ::watches the camera's movement for a bit to check its timing::
[19:02] <@Ardelmos> +subvoc+ ::kneels down and waits, eyeing what he can see of the building in the distance::
[19:05] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Full circle sweeper. Four split, with two blind spots on either side. ::Frowns:: Turning the wrong blasted way. It'd be tricky.
02[19:05] <@Delgado> V1> ::drums out a little tune on the dashboard as she looks around, just waiting for things to explode in fire and mayhem::
[19:06] <@Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Let me get under it. I'll hold it and stop its rotation long enough for you two to sneak by.
02[19:06] <@Mem> V1> ::whistles a random Gomorran tune he'd heard while immersing himself in local pop culture, and looks for wireless signals to maybe hack into and help them out on their approach::
[19:06] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement with Roland's plan::
03[19:07] * Birkin (~shadow_fj@c-71-59-186-59.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
03[19:07] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Birkin
[19:08] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Bit of a run, that.
01[19:09] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Caelin, Childs. I'm in position on standby with Sleca and the Waeps.
03[19:09] * Luke (user@lunoho.com) has joined #bt05
05[19:12] <@Melissa> V2> +com+ Acknowledged
01[19:12] <@Savant> A VTOL craft floats serenely through the maze of girders beneath the building; billows of air begin to skirl about across the pedway separating the Talons from their target
05[19:13] <@Caelin> V2>+subcom+acknowledged
[19:14] <@Detro> ::stays hunkered down:: +subvoc+ Do keep in mind there's ANOTHER camera over there too.
[19:16] <@Gabriel> ::overhears:: +com+ Melissa, Caelin, we're having some trouble with a couple of cameras. ::gives their locations::
[19:16] <@Gabriel> +com+ Anything you can do about them?
05[19:17] <@Melissa> V2> ::looks back at Caelin:: Got anything up your drones sleeves for cameras?
[19:18] <@Caelin> V2>possibly, could try to tap into them and feed a loop of footage to mask their movements
02[19:18] <@Mem> V1> ::starts to browse the local networks for what might be controlling the cameras::
[19:19] <@Gabriel> ::watches the VTOL slip past, looking at it with a pilot's eye::
01[19:19] <@Savant> Mem gets into the local security server without too much difficulty. Apparently the neighbourhood, and most of the buildings inside, are on a shared system.
05[19:19] <@Melissa> V2> That should work +com+ We might be able to feed a loop of footage through the camera
02[19:19] <@Mem> V1> ::browses through cameras to get his bearings::
01[19:20] <@Savant> Meanwhile, the luxury VTOL bobs up to the Orphanage's level and slips gracefully onto the landing pad.
02[19:20] <@Mem> V1> +com+ I can see all of the cameras. I'm sharing it with you guys. How do you want to proceed?
02[19:21] <@Delgado> V1> ::hums to herself then sighs:: Any word of them yet?
[19:21] <@Gabriel> +com+ Like you to disable the one we're closest to so we can pass over, to start.
05[19:21] <@Caelin> V2>::calls the spidhras over, then reaches into a bag and pulls out a couple wireless taps:: the spidhras should be able to sneak up to the cameras and plant these
02[19:21] <@Mem> V1> They're trying to get around a couple cameras.
[19:21] <@Gabriel> +com+ We don't need long. Just a blip.
01[19:21] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::scuttles over to Caelin, opening tool arm ports::
02[19:22] <@Delgado> V1> Hope everything's alright...
05[19:22] <@Melissa> V2> +com+ Caelin's going to send in a Spidhra to put a tap on the cameras
[19:23] <@Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Well haul ass. We don't have all day.
02[19:23] <@Mem> V1> +com+ Go ahead, then.
02[19:23] <@Mem> V1> If anything goes wrong, I'll shut the cameras off.
[19:23] <@Mem> <<+com+>>
05[19:23] <@Caelin> V2>::attaches the tap to the tool arm and gives a few hand signs instructing it to take it to the camera on the pedway near gabriel::
[19:25] <@Detro> ::mutters:: C'mon, that VTOL is providing PERFECT cover...
01[19:25] <@Savant> A few moments later, the insertion team can make out a barely visible shadowy from scuttling along the underside of the pedway, bobbing from side to side as it clambered through the struts there, then disappearing under the parkade.
[19:26] <@Gabriel> ::waits patiently for the drone to do its work, taking out a pair of binoculars and watching the VTOL for a bit::
02[19:26] <@Mem> V1> ::also watches the VTOL with the second security camera::
01[19:27] <@Savant> 5Woman> ::climbs out of the VTOL and proceeds into the orphanage, briefcase in tow. She's fairly young, seems to have an air of authority about her, but otherwise seems entirely civillian::
[19:27] <@Gabriel> +com+ Mem, while you're waiting patiently, pull up Lexan Corporation, specifically corporate officers. See if this woman is someone public.
[19:27] <@Gabriel> <<Lexaz>>
01[19:27] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> +subcom+ *beep* Objective completed, Lead Armiger. We maintain position and posture. *beep*
[19:27] <@Ardelmos> ::snaps a picture of said woman with the macrobinoculars and forwards it to Mem alongside Tynes' order::
02[19:27] <@Mem> V1> +com+ On it.
02[19:28] <@Mem> V1> ::sets up the picture on his screen, then starts a search::
05[19:28] <@Caelin> V2>::watches the video feed from the spidhra::looks good
[19:28] <@Detro> ::watches the camera's sweep::
[19:28] <@Gabriel> ::smiles inside his helmet -- there was something so professional cheerful, and un-BT05-like about the little Utopian drones::
[19:29] <@Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Good to go?
02[19:30] <@Mem> V1> +com+ No visual matches.
05[19:30] <@Melissa> V2> +com+ Caelin says it looks good
[19:30] <@Gabriel> ::gets moving, keeping low::
02[19:30] <@Mem> V1> Oh-shit, read about this Lexaz.
02[19:31] <@Mem> V1> ::passes up a PDA::
[19:31] <@Detro> ::frowns:: +subvoc+ No matches? This another Earther laying low with the corps then?
[19:31] <@Detro> ::scrambles to keep up::
02[19:32] <@Delgado> V1> ::takes the PDA from Mem then arches an eyebrow:: Why can't we have this kind of budget?
[19:33] <@Ardelmos> ::nods:: +subvoc+ Keep your eyes on that camera feed and get ready to scramble. Insertion on the move. ::rises from his kneeling position and begins jogging down the pedway after the blind spot hits it::
02[19:34] <@Mem> V1> ::smirks:: When we set up a nice sleeper corporation here and make trillions in profit, we will rule this place.
[19:34] <@Caelin> ::plays around with the camera a moment, taking footage and feeding it back in so that the person on the other side sees that instead of the talons::
02[19:35] <@Mem> V1> High dining and travel. A wealthy corporation is great to be a part of.
01[19:35] <@Savant> The Talons begin to hustle across the open air. It feels like the whole community is watching them, but they make it across without much incident. That, of course, leaves them standing int he middle of an open parkade.
[19:35] <@Ardelmos> ::breaks left as they make it over the pedway, immediately moving for the southwest corner of the building::
02[19:35] <@Mem> V1> ::watches the cameras to make sure everything is going smoothly, ready to intervene electronically at a moment's notice::
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::doesn't waste time, but instead keeps moving::
[19:36] <@Detro> ::sticks with Roland -- man may be crazy, but he's still alive, and that's gotta mean there's something other than plant food in that skull::
02[19:36] <@Mem> V1> ::to Delgado:: So what is this corporation about?
[19:37] <@Gabriel> ::as they reach the corner of the building:: +com+ This is good. We'll climb up here.
05[19:37] <@Caelin> V2>::looks on, waiting for the right time to break the connection, he didn't want to leave it going too long::
01[19:39] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Sleca, Previr an ercaption, staelt, ruftop.
02[19:40] <@Delgado> V1> Buying and selling people? ::remember some obscure saying from somewhere:: Hog futures. ... People futures. ::is obviously bored::
01[19:40] <@Savant> The insertion team comes to sto at the edge of the building. It's a friendly blue metal sort of an alloy, painted pleasantly if a bit cooly. There's a bright white light shining down on them.
02[19:41] <@Mem> V1> Are you actually reading that?
02[19:42] <@Delgado> V1> ... No ... ::at least she's honest as she smirks and finally starts reading more of the PDA::
[19:42] <@Gabriel> ::pulls out the grappling hook, looks for a like place, and gives it a toss::
[19:43] <@Detro> ::watches Tynes wind up...:: Tian-ling-ling, di-ling-ling... ::and Tynes throws:: And hey, presto.
[19:43] <@Gabriel> ::winks at Detro through his helmet, sets the hook firmly, and starts climbing up::
05[19:43] <@Melissa> V2> ::looks over sketch and erases it before calling up the blueprints for her scorpion drone and doing some more work on the design::
[19:43] <@Ardelmos> ::watches upwards at Tynes tosses the grappling hook upwards, eyeing for where it's going to catch and what's near to the rope's line of travel that they could enter through::
[19:44] <@Ardelmos> ::grasps the rope after Tynes gets above his head and starts following::
01[19:44] <@Savant> The grapnel flips up in the air, sails in a perfect sweeping arc, and catches onto a top rail of the building above the orphanage, one of its supporting girders. It barely makes a sound.
[19:47] <@Gabriel> ::continues climbing as quickly as he can, feeling rather exposed up ehre:
[19:47] <@Gabriel> <<here::>>
02[19:48] <@Delgado> V1> ::knits her eyebrows together for a moment then turns back to look at Mem quizically:: Well... it's a car company. A nice one. They all fly. ... Am I missing something here or is this just one of your fetishes? ::grins::
[19:48] <@Detro> ::follows behind Roland, the rope coming somewhat natural to him, reminding him of that one time back home...::
02[19:48] <@Mem> V1> ::watches the cameras for signs of the team, knowing that if the security cameras could see them, someone else could::
02[19:48] <@Mem> V1> ::to Delgado:: It's the logo on that V-TOL out there.
[19:48] <@Ardelmos> ::follows up behind Tynes -- mid-pull he somehow manages to unbuckle the holster on his sidearm::
[19:49] <@Mem> +com+ Lexas is just a car company, guys. Don't read into it too much.
01[19:49] <@Savant> The Talons begin their ascent. Detro's not quite as agile as he'd like to be. While he's climbing quite well he's leaning out a bit too much, and he casts long shadows against the wall. Mem, Caelin and Melissa can see them quite clearly on their screens.
02[19:50] <@Delgado> V1> I know. It's the brand of the car. ::grins wider:: Unless it's a secret transforming Gear Car.
02[19:50] <@Mem> V1> +com+ Detro, I see you.
05[19:50] <@Melissa> V2> ::winces at the shadows on the screens::
02[19:50] <@Mem> V1> ::quickly locates the camera and does his best to interrupt it for a couple of seconds::
[19:51] <@Detro> +com+ Gose!
05[19:52] <@Caelin> V2>::frowns::
[19:52] <@Gabriel> +com+ Quit commenting on it and get up here. ::climbs to the top and draws his sidearm, looking for a likely light::
[19:52] <@Detro> ::shakes himself out of his daydream of home, a horribly unprofessional thing to do with these kids' lives on the line, and clambers up to the top::
[19:52] <@Ardelmos> ::pulls himself up and over the railing at the top after Gabriel, rolling cleanly onto the ground and coming up with sidearm drawn::
01[19:53] <@Savant> Gabriel sees two sets of dull red electronic eyes glaring at him - one sipdery multifaceted cluster from the Spidhra, and another broadly-spaced set from the Sleca. They are in the ceiling girders that form the fundament of the building above.
[19:53] <@Gabriel> ::gives the drones a quick nod, watching for any sort of nearby commotion::
02[19:53] <@Mem> V1> ::when he's finished, he checks the cameras again to see if Detro had disappeared::
[19:54] <@Detro> ::slithers over the top, drawing the vibroknife::
02[19:54] <@Delgado> V1> ::starts drumming the dashboard again, getting nervous:: This is taking too long...
01[19:55] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ ::In its deep electronic baritone:: We are at your disposal Lead Footman.
[19:55] <@Detro> ::seeing nothing, puts the knife down, then reaches up slightly and starts to haul the grapple line upwards, coiling it;;
[19:55] <@Detro> ::finished, passes the grapple line back to Tynes, then picks up his knife::
05[19:56] <@Caelin> V2>::switches camera views to sleca and recieves images of tynes and the other two talons on the roof in front::
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::decides there's not going to be a major commotion, at least not right now, and holsters his sidearm::
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::then takes the rope from Detro, folds the grapple, and puts both back in his pack:: +com+ Let's move.
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::follows his own order, getting away from the edge::
02[19:56] <@Mem> V1> ::glances at the time:: They're fine.
[19:57] <@Detro> ::nods and moves towards the center of the roof::
[19:58] <@Gabriel> ::starts checking the roof for a good point of entry::
[19:58] <@Ardelmos> ::nods and looks over the roof for an entry point::
01[19:59] <@Savant> The roof isn't nearly as clean, tidy, or open as the rest of the neighbourhood. This is clearly an open area meant to be walled-in by some other building. It's dark, a little dingy and there's a fine layer of silt and grime on everything, Several major pillars support the levels above.
[19:59] <@Detro> ::sidles up to cover:: +com+ Mind the camera in the corner.
01[19:59] <@Savant> There seems to be one obvious entry point - a large set of double doors built as a hatch intot he area below. BEyond this, there are a few atmospheric system grilles, but nothing major.
[19:59] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Detro and uses the pillars for cover::
[19:59] <@Ardelmos> ::moves over behind a structure as he notes the camera while he continues looking for the entry point::
[20:00] <@Detro> ::wonders just what they'd need double doors for up here::
01[20:00] <@Savant> Down on the road below, not too far from Melissa and Caelin's car, both of them spot a man dressed in a dark blue and black uniform, with gold trim on the edge of his tunic and half-cloak. He's got a truncheon and a sidearm as well.
[20:00] <@Detro> ::puts that aside and looks for a way to open them from where he is::
05[20:01] <@Melissa> V2> ::to Caelin:: You think we might be having company?
[20:01] <@Gabriel> ::frowns at the double doors also:: That's a bit odd.
[20:01] <@Detro> Hmm. Mechanical lock. Looks like a heavy duty one too. But what would they need to load in through a service hatch up here?
[20:02] <@Ardelmos> Whatever they loaded, they haven't done it for a while.
05[20:02] <@Caelin> V2>::takes a look out the window:: hmm ::closes the laptop and hides it under the seat::
01[20:02] <@Savant> FRom the edge of the buildings, a clutch of hen pidgeons cluck and fuss, watching the Talons.
[20:02] <@Ardelmos> Just break the damned thing -- it's obvious nobody's looked at it for months -- years maybe.
[20:02] <@Detro> ::looks at Roland:: What, no vibroknfie?
01[20:03] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::Strolls down the street, past Melissa and Caelin. He's pulling out a pair of digital binoculars from a belt-pouch, and taking off his sunglasses at the same time.
[20:03] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement with Roland, drawing his knife::
[20:03] <@Ardelmos> Cut it, bust it, whatever the fuck you want. I don't care. ::eyes the lip of the building, his firearm still out::
[20:03] <@Gabriel> ::slips it into the clasp and turns his wrist, thumbing the device at the same time::
05[20:04] <@Melissa> V2> ::watches the guy for a moment:: +subvoc+ Anyone know who has blue/black uniform with gold trim on the tunic?
02[20:04] <@Mem> V1> +com+ What?
02[20:04] <@Mem> V1> +com+ Sounds like a corpserf. Why?
05[20:04] <@Caelin> V2>::watches the officer:: +subcom+ captain tynes, keep low, there appears to be a man with binoculars that may be looking your way
[20:05] <@Gabriel> ::clicks his mic in acknowledgement and hunches lower over the trap::
01[20:05] <@Savant> The lock makes a reassuring creaking sound, followed by the snap of sheared metal.
[20:05] <@Detro> ::flattens himself on the rooftop::
02[20:05] <@Delgado> V1> ::hears the com exchange and looks over her shoulder at Mem, her anxiety rising slightly::
05[20:05] <@Melissa> V2> +subvoc+ Uniform that's dark blue and black, with gold trim on the tunic and half cloak. Currently just past our van and pulling out binoculars
[20:05] <@Gabriel> ::sheathes his vibroknife, then pulls both pieces of the lock away::
02[20:05] <@Mem> V1> +com+ Uhh, yeah. Corpserf. What's he looking for?
[20:06] <@Gabriel> ::carefully and slowly lifts one of the panels to have a look underneath::
05[20:06] <@Melissa> V2> +subvoc+ not sure what he's looking at, but he is making his way to the orphanage
05[20:07] <@Caelin> V2>::pulls out the laptop again and takes a look through sleca's eyes::+subcom+ looks like a nest of some sort of winged animal making some noise near the insertion team
01[20:08] <@Savant> Underneath is a large, dimply lit storage room. There are several crates, several more racks. Foodstuffs and crates of consumables, for the most part. There are some small soccer nets in the corner and a few balls, as well.
[20:08] <@Ardelmos> ::moves around alongside Tynes and peeks in beside him, grunting:: Odd place to keep the food.
[20:09] <@Gabriel> +com+ Perfect. Hold the panel for me. ::once Roland does so, puts his head inside, looking inside for cameras or security gear::
[20:09] <@Ardelmos> ::holds the panel rather dubiously, wondering why Tynes didn't want him going in first::
[20:09] <@Detro> ::seeing no explosions, people suddenly dragged in, or any other sign that it was a trap, moves up next to the others::
01[20:11] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::strolls down the street, stopping still in sight of Caelin and Melissa, but a good distance away. He can likely see the orphanage at that point, because he's got the binoculars out and is scanning.
05[20:12] <@Melissa> V2> ::to Caelin:: This is...interesting
[20:12] <@Gabriel> ::glances at Roland:: +com+ Motion sensor in the corner. ::tries to decide if his sidearm or his taser is the better choice here::
[20:13] <@Ardelmos> Let me see.
05[20:13] <@Caelin> V2>::looks at melissa:: indeed, he could be a problem should he still be there when the insertion team is ready to leave...
01[20:13] <@Savant> Near Delgado and Mem, a little activity hits the street. People pour out of a building and loiter in the street and on the pedways, chatting and gesturing, talking about things on their PDAs.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> ::nods and trades places with Roland, holding the panel for him:: +com+ By the light switch. I was thinking about using my taser on it.
[20:13] <@Detro> Something to control the light, or part of the security system?
[20:13] <@Ardelmos> ::peeks his own head in to locate and check the sensor to see if it's a make or type he recognizes::
[20:13] <@Gabriel> +com+ Probably just controls the lights.
02[20:14] <@Delgado> V1> ::winces and speaks in a softer tone:: Starting to get crowded out here.
02[20:14] <@Mem> V1> ... fucksake. ::unbuttons his pistol's holster in his backpack:: +com+ Getting crowded out here, but so far no contact.
01[20:14] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::leans into the radio on his shoulder and says a few things into it::
[20:14] <@Gabriel> +com+ Understood. ::to the others:: Whatever we do, we should step right along.
05[20:15] <@Melissa> V2> +com+ The officer's chatting to someone on the radio...going to try to find the frequency
[20:15] <@Detro> +com+ Sounds like we need to take a chance.
02[20:16] <@Mem> V1> ::whispers:: ... you gotta be kidding me.
02[20:17] <@Delgado> V1> What?
[20:17] <@Ardelmos> ::backs his head out:: Use the taser. Someone's bound to check it at some point, and finding a bullet in it can't be good.
01[20:17] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::Melissa catches into his frequency, and she grabs the tail end of his conversation:: ... Yeah, I saw it too. I know, I know. I'll just take a closer look. Don't eat my slaggin' sandwich.
02[20:17] <@Mem> V1> ::keeps his voice low:: Earther support group.
02[20:18] <@Delgado> V1> ::blinks then subtly looks around, whispering:: ... Are you kidding me?
05[20:18] <@Melissa> V2> +com+ Gentlemen, we may have an interested party in our activities on the roof. The corpserf just claimed to have seen something and is going to investigate
[20:19] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Roland:: Hold the hatch.
02[20:19] <@Mem> V1> +com+ Can you distract him?
01[20:19] <@Savant> Now that Mem and Delgado are looking, they can spot subtle signs of Terran influece on these people. In some it's just the haircut or fashion sense, others are dressed like any other Caprician but are wearing small eagle-and-orb pins on their lapels.
[20:19] <@Gabriel> ::waits for him to do so, then draws his taser, sticks head and arm inside, and fires a dart into the motion sensor::
05[20:19] <@Melissa> V2> +com+ I could get out and offer him a blowjob...err...
[20:19] <@Ardelmos> ::does so, grasping the edge of the hatchway and glancing at the roofledge again::
05[20:20] <@Caelin> V2>::raises an eyebrow at melissa::
05[20:20] <@Melissa> V2> ::smirks at Caelin:: +com+ or I could be a damsel in distress and need some help with the vehicle...but that might not be in our best interests
01[20:21] <@Savant> The motion sensor doesn't seem to do much, other than throw a few sparks.
02[20:21] <@Mem> V1> ::scowls at the crowd outside from within the van and mutters under his breath:: Fuckers.
02[20:22] <@Delgado> V1> ::curses under her breath:: This is getting insane...
05[20:22] <@Melissa> V2> +com+ Any other suggestions on a distraction?
[20:23] <@Detro> ::waits to hear an alarm or something, but so far...::
01[20:23] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::disappears from Melissa and Caelin's view, probably heading for the orphanage::
[20:23] <@Gabriel> +com+ One way to find out. ::holsters his taser, then lowers himself into the room, hanging from the closed portion of the hatch, then dropping::
[20:23] <@Gabriel> ::drops into a crouch, drawing his taser again as soon as he's stable::
01[20:23] <@Savant> The room does not, in fact, devour Gabriel whole. The lights don't even come on.
[20:24] <@Ardelmos> ::shakes his head, muttering to himself as he watches Tynes go first again, as he holsters his weapon -- he drops down beside Tynes and then slithers low towards the motion sensor::
01[20:24] <@Savant> Near MEm and Delgado, things are equally placid. There are a lot more people there now, but they don't seem to have any particular interest in bothering the two Talons.
[20:24] <@Detro> ::still in the rear, slides in, but hangs from the ledge just long enough to let the doors close quietly::
[20:24] <@Gabriel> ::offers Roland a cheerful grin:: +com+ You were already holding the hatch.
[20:25] <@Gabriel> ::holsters his taser again and has another look around the room::
02[20:25] <@Mem> V1> +com+ No, I don't know. Just keep track of him and don't let him interfere.
[20:25] <@Detro> ::feeling the pressure of the hatch on his fingers finally, he drops down::
[20:25] <@Ardelmos> ::checks the sensor after sliding up underneath it to see if it was powered, or possibly still operating::
01[20:27] <@Savant> The Talons drop into the room. It's dim, but unlike many store rooms, not at all dusty. It's clearly meant for long term storage; there are crates of dry food, canned goods, and the like; boxes of clothing and blankets and bedding and such.
02[20:27] <@Delgado> V1> ... You realize there very possibly could be a huge riot once the orphanage is set on fire now, right?
02[20:27] <@Mem> V1> ::leans back and looks at Delgado:: And?
[20:27] <@Detro> ::carefully picks his way to the door::
[20:27] <@Ardelmos> Yeah. It's dead.
[20:28] <@Detro> ::holds there, listening::
[20:28] <@Gabriel> +com+ We're in. ::checks the room in particular for any electronics access::
02[20:28] <@Delgado> V1> And? And it could turn really bad really fucking quick, especially with us in the middle of it.
01[20:28] <@Savant> 5Officer> +com+ "Any of the earthers visiting right now? That coulda been one of their flits." "You grinding? That was clearly a person. Go take a look. We don't pay you to presume things are fine."
[20:29] <@Detro> ::looks to see if there's a crack or something that would let him see the space outside the door::
[20:29] <@Mem> +com+ There's an Earther support group right outside our car. They just let out of a feel-good-about-genocide meeting, but aren't concerned with us.
[20:29] <@Mem> +com+ Awaiting your signal, but try to hurry, captain.
05[20:29] <@Melissa> V2> You might want to make the distraction soon...he's got orders to investigate a possible human
[20:30] <@Gabriel> +com+ Detro, I've got a network access point back here.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> +com+ Get a computer tied in and work with Mem to hack the network. And watch our exit route.
[20:30] <@Detro> +com+ Check. Someone should get up here at the door.
[20:31] <@Detro> ::carefully makes his way over and pulls on his dataglove::
[20:31] <@Ardelmos> ::pulls his sidearm again and moves over to the room entrance, setting up alongside it and cracking it open ever so slightly to check the surrounds outside the door::
01[20:31] <@Savant> A few of the Pro-Earth Capricians begin to spread out in small groups. They don't go far, though, tehy start heading to doors, climbing up stairs to get to residential levels, just plain old spreading out, as if they were trying to cover area.
02[20:32] <@Delgado> V1> ::blinks:: ... What the hell are they doing?
02[20:32] <@Mem> V1> ::looks up:: What ... where are they going?
[20:32] <@Gabriel> ::moves to watch Roland's back::
[20:32] <@Detro> +com+ Mem, patching into their network now. This is going to be TacFeed 2. ::taps into the network and bridges the connection to Mem::
01[20:33] <@Savant> Delgado watches the closest pair, a group of young men, knock on the door of a residence, wait for the occupant to answer, and then start talking to them.
02[20:33] <@Mem> V1> You watch them. I have a date with a computer. ::turns to his screen and starts up::
05[20:34] <@Caelin> V2>::shakes his head:: don't want to draw any attention to ourselves +subcom+freja there's someone snooping around the orphanage, any idea for a distraction? something discrete would be preferable
02[20:35] <@Delgado> V1> ::just grunts, keeping an eye out on the street and the people milling about::
[20:36] <@Ardelmos> ::closes the door again:: Hallway. One door across, one door at the interior end.
01[20:36] <@Savant> Roland peers out into what looks like a short hallway. There's probably a kitchen in the opposite set of doors, and beyond through a glass set of doors is a room with tables and chairs
[20:37] <@Detro> ::keeps an eye on the connection between the repeater and Mem, making sure nothing's trying to traceback::
01[20:37] <@Savant> Meanwhile, Detro gets his connection. Mem and he can practically see one another through the network.
[20:38] <@Ardelmos> Kitchen, probably.
[20:38] <@Gabriel> +com+ Let's go see what's down the hall, shall we?
01[20:38] <@Savant> 5Officer> +com+ ::A pause:: What the... something's falling from the level above. ::sound of gravel or pebbles or something follow his voice::
05[20:39] <@Melissa> V2> ::continues to listen to the officer::
01[20:40] <@Savant> 5Officer> +com+ "Quit being a squeaky rusting cog, do your job, damn it."
[20:40] <@Ardelmos> Let me check the kitchen first. ::slinks out into the hallway after checking both directions, and peers into the kitchen through the glass doors::
02[20:41] <@Delgado> V1> ::speaks softly to herself as she stares outside:: I wonder if they ever get on their own nerves...
[20:42] <@Gabriel> ::keeps watch on the hallway::
[20:42] <@Detro> ::so far, so good, he thought... then he looks up in time to see Roland slip out::
05[20:44] <@Caelin> V2>::continues to keep an eye on the officer::
01[20:44] <@Savant> The kitchen is occupied. Someone's in there, watching over a set of boiling pots. Seems quite domestic, but like a lot of work for one person. She's very adsorbed in her job.
[20:45] <@Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Cook in the kitchen. Don't think she's going anywhere anytime soon though ::glances around:: she should have help though.
01[20:45] <@Savant> It doesn't take too long before there are a pair of well-dressed, well-groomed men outside of Mem and Delgado's car, knocking politely on the glass
02[20:45] <@Delgado> V1> Oh crap.
02[20:46] <@Mem> V1> ::to Delgado:: Get rid of them.
[20:46] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Roland and moves around a few of the crates to give Detro something to hide behind::
[20:46] <@Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Watch that cook... ::slinks low down the hallway towards the other door::
[20:47] <@Detro> ::nods thanks to Tynes and takes a knee on the floor, monitoring::
[20:47] <@Ardelmos> ::puts his ear up against the door first, glancing back down the hall for a moment::
[20:47] <@Mem> +com+ ::before Delgado opens the window:: They're below you. All together.
03[20:49] * Scotty (~scotty@s013.isp.ca) has joined #BT05
03[20:49] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Scotty
[20:49] <@Ardelmos> ::narrows his eyes slightly, some sort of metallic noise was coming from behind the door::
[20:50] <@Gabriel> ::once he's done, move back to watching the hallway for Roland::
[20:50] <@Ardelmos> ::sidles up alongside the door and pulls the same motion of opening the door slightly, silently::
[20:50] <@Detro> ::frowns... going down another level presented a problem, both getting there and getting out. There would be a way though... there always was.::
02[20:50] * @Caelin (~scotty@s013.isp.ca) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[20:50] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
[20:51] <@Gabriel> +com+ Mem, I need to access security cameras on the top level.
01[20:51] <@Savant> 5Officer> +com+ No issues at the front desk. They havne't run into anything odd. *now* can i finish my lunch?
[20:51] <@Gabriel> +com+ Can you patch those through to my dataglove through the network link?
02[20:51] <@Delgado> V1> ::takes her hair of the tight ponytail she had it in and quickly messes up her hair big time before turning around in her seat, grabbing Mem and pulling him forward, then kissing him hard and sloppy, making sure her lipstick smears::
02[20:52] <@Delgado> V1> ::lets go suddenly then turns back around just as the two people get to the van and lowers the window, giving them a peevish look:: What?
01[20:52] <@Savant> 5Officer> +com+ Yeah, yeah. I guess so, Rook.
05[20:52] <@Melissa> V2> ::chuckles at the desperate desire for lunch the officer has::
02[20:52] <@Mem> V1> ::does his best to patch in the data requested::
01[20:53] <@Savant> 5Man> ::taken aback:: ah, Hi! Are we bothering you?
02[20:53] <@Mem> V1> ::waits for Delgado to finish, realizing instantly what she was up to, but making it as awkward for Delgado as possible::
[20:55] <@Delgado> Man> ::smiles sweetly though her gaze is clearly annoyed:: What do you think?
01[20:55] <@Savant> 5Man> ::laughs, too high on life to be worried by her annoyance:: Have fun! ::heads off for the next victim::
[20:55] <@Gabriel> ::swings up his dataglove and checks to see if he can look through the camera on the other side of the door Roland's at::
[20:56] <@Ardelmos> ::peers briefly through the crack in the door at the room behind to try and identify the sound of the machine beyond::
02[20:56] <@Mem> V1> ::smirks at Delgado:: Wasn't so hard now, was it?
01[20:56] <@Savant> Moments later, Mem patches in video feed to the Talons inside.
[20:56] <@Detro> ::checks to see if they have access to cameras on the next floor down::
02[20:56] <@Delgado> V1> ::watches them leave then gives Mem and dark look::
02[20:56] <@Mem> V1> ::grins at Delgado and then casually goes back to work on the computer::
02[20:57] <@Delgado> V1> ::mutters darkly:: You need to brush your teeth.
[20:57] <@Ardelmos> ::closes the door:: +subvoc+ Fucking vacuum.
02[20:57] <@Mem> V1> ::frowns and cups a hand in front of his mouth to check his breath::
[20:58] <@Gabriel> +com+ Well?
02[20:58] <@Mem> V1> Liar. ::resumes smirking and typing commands into the computer::
02[20:59] <@Delgado> V1> ::smirks a bit as he actually checked his breath::
[20:59] <@Detro> ::looks up the kids' data, particularly a schedule... it's a long shot, but maybe, if the kids are kept on a tight schedule, there's a way to get the kids up to THIS floor...::
[20:59] <@Ardelmos> +subvoc+ It's a dining room. Empty.
[20:59] <@Detro> ::...waiting for the data, he bemusedly thinks of perhaps scheduling a late dessert for the kids::
[20:59] <@Gabriel> ::frowns:: +com+ Then how do we access the level below this one? Through the kitchen? That doesn't make any sense.
[21:00] <@Mem> +com+ Dining room.
[21:00] <@Detro> ::comes up empty though. Darn::
[21:01] <@Gabriel> +com+ Let's step right along, then. I'd like to have a look through the main office of this place, wherever it is.
[21:01] <@Ardelmos> ::glances back towards the kitchen, then looks at his watch::
02[21:01] <@Mem> V1> ::looks for other info he can rape from the computer while he's got access to it::
02[21:01] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
02[21:01] * @Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
05[21:02] <@Caelin> V2>::glances at melissa::anything new?
05[21:02] <@Melissa> V2> Nope, the guard's going on lunch now
[21:02] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Mem, we're going to have to go deeper and I'm not sure if I can keep this connection up if we do...
01[21:02] <@Savant> The Corpserf turns the corner, back into view of Melissa and Caelin; he heads back for work, looking a little irritable.
[21:02] <@Detro> ::to Tynes:: They're down there though. Reading and playing games.
01[21:03] <@Savant> 5Officer> +com+ It was just falling garbage from Delta. You guys are wound too tight.
[21:03] <@Gabriel> +com+ So we wait. The people that run this place have to sleep eventually.
01[21:03] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:04] <@Savant> there we are. Started to peter out ont he end and plagued with a bit of confusion, but all in all not bad
01[21:04] <@Savant> do keep in mind that, were this not a building full of children and nursemaids, i would have eaten you all alive by now Wink
[21:04] <@Ardelmos> If this was not a building full of children and nursemaids, I would have shot that cook. Wink
01[21:04] <@Savant> Next week we will tie this up, and likely have time to drag the kids back to your safehouse of choice and talkw ith them a little.
01[21:05] <@Savant> comments, questions?
01[21:05] <@Savant> You guys mind the horribly crude maps?
[21:05] <@Ardelmos> S'fine
01[21:05] <@Savant> cause it's sure easy to draw.
[21:05] <@Gabriel> Yeah, it's fine for this.
[21:05] <@Detro> ::shrug:: Our fault for not having a plan to let you make stunning, 3-D maps Smile
03[21:06] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
01[21:06] <@Savant> you just get 2 d's at a time Wink
01[21:06] <@Savant> okay, expees. One is for being here. Congratulations, you were here Wink
[21:06] <@Gabriel> I might tone down my maps or at least go to JPGs. The PNG maps are great fun and pretty, but take forever to download.
[21:06] <@Detro> Still beats and etch-a-sketch
03[21:07] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
03[21:07] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
01[21:07] <@Savant> teamwork? any teamwork tonight?
[21:07] <@Ardelmos> Teaaaaams
[21:07] <@Mem> Sex in a van = teamwork.
[21:08] <@Caelin> lol
03[21:08] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:08] <@Detro> Colin, I so dare you to make that a 70's van, complete with the mattress in back and the artistic exterior Wink
01[21:08] <@Savant> no?
[21:08] <@Caelin> well melissa, caelin, scildfreja and the drones covered the insertion team's backs
01[21:08] <@Savant> you have plenty of people on the team capable of making that Wink
01[21:08] <@Savant> that's true, Caelin.
[21:09] <@Gabriel> LOL And yeah, lots of teamwork. Roland, Detro, and Gabriel got in thanks to teamwork on the drone team and the camera team.
[21:09] <@Detro> As for teamwork, beyond the usual stuff...
[21:09] <@Mem> Yeah. It was a big ol' team effort, really.
01[21:09] <@Savant> i think the teamwork was pretty good tonight, but you guys just sort of stumbled into this one without knowing what you were doing.
[21:10] <@LrdVampyre> -nods-
03[21:10] * Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
[21:10] <@Gabriel> Yep, we picked it back up pretty fast, though, and got moving.
01[21:11] <@Savant> yeah, okay. Still lots of room to improve though. I'll give it to you.
01[21:11] <@Savant> next point is for storyline. learn anything interesting?
[21:11] <@Ardelmos> We met the Neighbourhood Watch. Wink
[21:11] <@Delgado> They have Earther Jehovah Witnesses that are just as annoying?
[21:11] <@Mem> Nah.
[21:12] <@Mem> It was a NEC support/patriotism group
[21:12] <@Delgado> That's what I meant.
[21:12] <@Delgado> They're just as annoying as JW.
[21:12] <@Mem> They were going door to door... totally Hitler Youth for adults, as Colin said.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> It's interesting from a cultural stand-point. What are they doing in this area?
[21:12] <@Detro> Storyline, hmm.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> Shouldn't they be out preaching, rather than staying in the middle of teh temple? Wink
[21:12] <@Delgado> And they have Lexuz and Roombas in the future.
[21:12] <@Detro> Mem and Delgado.
01[21:13] <@Savant> anything else?
[21:13] <@Gabriel> Tonight was kind of light on storyline, I thought.
01[21:13] <@Savant> i'm gonna hold the storyline point until next game, i think. I agree.
[21:13] <@Gabriel> Should be more next week.
[21:13] <@Gabriel> ::nods::
01[21:14] <@Savant> so, two. I'll make it three if you can give me suggestions on how to get these things running more smoothly in the future, so that I'm not making things up as I go along Wink
[21:15] <@Ardelmos> Hm
[21:15] <@Detro> Yeah, I'm gonna have to hold back on the ego smothered in heavy vitriolic sauce there.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> In media res. This kind of thing on Coro, I would spot you guys sneaking in if you could come up with a decent plan in advance.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> I try to do the same thing on GvE where I can.
01[21:15] <@Savant> i tend to do the same as well. I could've spotted this whole thing, really.
01[21:15] <@Savant> but we'll have some fun with it
[21:16] <@Ardelmos> Burning orphanage?
[21:16] <@Ardelmos> It attacked us first.
01[21:16] <@Savant> it's comin right for us!
01[21:17] <@Savant> two points, then. Three for Melissa and Delgado. Well done
[21:17] <@Gabriel> ?
[21:17] <@Delgado> Woop
[21:17] <@Gabriel> Was my suggestion not good enough? Wink
01[21:17] <@Savant> spotting you an approach if you have a good plan? I would have wanted to see a good plan first Wink
[21:17] <@Mem> I might have some stuff later on.
[21:17] <@Gabriel> That was a suggestion. Razz
[21:18] <@Gabriel> That you could skip a lot of the dice rolls next time if we work out a plan in advance next time.
[21:18] <@Detro> Yeah. "IF".
[21:18] <@Mem> So let's plan now while we're here, if you want a plan.
[21:18] <@Gabriel> That's what slows us down sometimes. The camera was a perfect example. We had 10 ways around it, and got held up trying to decide between them.
01[21:18] <@Savant> I tend to do that, but i didn't see a good plan when i got here, and there wasn't much done during the week.
[21:18] <@Detro> ::coughs::
01[21:18] <@Savant> yeah, you were here, and you did have good idea.
03[21:19] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[21:19] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: So my suggestion is that you can tell us, next time, that if we have a plan in advance, you'll spot us through the preliminary stuff.
[21:19] <@Gabriel> Wink
[21:19] <@Delgado> +1 AGI, +1 KNO, +1 SocSci, Psy
01[21:19] <@Savant> thought it was obvious, really. I've done that sort of thing in the past.
[21:19] <@Caelin> +1 fit, +1 computers
03[21:19] * Detro is now known as Farrell
01[21:19] <@Savant> approved, Delgado; also approved, Caelin.
[21:20] <@Gabriel> Fie, I say. Fie. And +1 Stealth, +1 Small Arms. Both EDs.
01[21:20] <@Savant> question was more oriented towards how to motivate more preparation and planning. A problem you understand too, i think Wink
[21:20] <@Mem> Defense, Seduction
01[21:20] <@Savant> approved, Gabriel, obviously
03[21:20] * Delgado is now known as Itzpapalotl
01[21:20] <@Savant> approved, Mem
[21:21] <@Mem> Defense goes up to 3.
01[21:21] <@Savant> yay defense
[21:21] <@LrdVampyre> +1 Kno, +1 Notice (Cplx)
[21:21] <@Mem> Just in case.
[21:21] <@Mem> Very Happy
01[21:21] <@Savant> approved, Melissa
[21:21] <@Farrell> Let's see. First there was the "What are we doing next?", followed by the "Why are we doing this" debates.
[21:21] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Wish I could get through this job situation.
[21:21] <@Farrell> A brief moment of clarity that I posted to the forums on Sunday, and then nobody had anything to say there.
01[21:22] <@Savant> yeah, I hope it clears up for you
[21:22] <@Farrell> Preparation and planning requires another p word. Participation Razz
[21:23] <@Farrell> ::shrugs:: My two cents and change on that.
01[21:23] <@Savant> brb loo
[21:23] <@Itzpapalotl> Looooo
[21:23] <@Gabriel> Supposed to hear about this promotion tomorrow, but I don't think I got it. Which is rather depressing, considering the amount of work I've put in lately.
[21:23] <@Farrell> (Though both Jester and Vamp have reasons, and I'm not pissed at them.)
[21:23] <@Mem> Good luck with that. Hadn't heard anything about it.
[21:24] <@Farrell> ::nods:: Luck with that Ross.
03[21:24] * Mem is now known as Brad
03[21:24] * Ardelmos is now known as Fraser
[21:24] <@Gabriel> Yeah, thanks. They were supposed to decide late last week. Then it was early this week. Now it's tomorrow.
03[21:24] * Gabriel is now known as Jester
[21:25] <@Farrell> Anyways, going to work off some of this frustration on the bike, city laws be damned.
[21:25] <@Jester> Kind of an important one, too. Last job in IBM that I'd have to campaign for, if I get it. Sort of the equivalent of being promoted to Captain in SF. Wink
03[21:25] * Farrell is now known as Farrell_AFK
[21:25] <@Brad> It's hard for me to participate when I've missed four games recently due to concerts. That's over now, though.
[21:25] <@Jester> After this job, all future jobs would be "Your new job is X. Get moving."
[21:25] <@Fraser> Do you get a ready room?
[21:25] <@Jester> Got one of those already. Window office. This promotion would come with actual wood furniture and a secretary.
01[21:25] <@Savant> get a circular fish bowl
[21:25] <@Fraser> Heh
[21:25] <@LrdVampyre> nice
[21:26] <@LrdVampyre> sounds a lot better than my workplace
[21:26] <@Jester> Yeoman, I guess. Wink
[21:26] <@LrdVampyre> given that our US branch is currently going through Chapter 11 litigations...
[21:26] <@Jester> Though few of the IBM secretaries look like Janice Rand. Wink
[21:26] <@Fraser> See, our promotion round is next month, and that would be me getting a desk, period, and not hotelling. Wink
01[21:26] <@Savant> shame, that
[21:26] <@Fraser> Granted, I'm never in the office anyway, so I don't really need one, but...y'know.
[21:26] <@Jester> I hope I get it. It would be nice. But IBM is so damn conservative sometimes.
[21:27] <@LrdVampyre> i'm likely not seeing anything in terms of a raise anytime soon...nor promotions ever
[21:27] <@Fraser> Stupid old cronies.
[21:27] <@Jester> We're gonna conservative ourselves right into a major loss of knowledge, I feel like. The 30-year people won't retire, which means that 15-20 year people like me can't get exec level management experience with some actual good mentors to work with.
[21:27] <@LrdVampyre> i think i really need to find a new place of employment.
01[21:27] <@Savant> move, Dave. New job.
01[21:27] <@Savant> yeah
[21:27] <@Itzpapalotl> Weak.
[21:27] <@Jester> They're all gonna retire at the same time, I think, and leave the 15-20 year guys to figure out how to do things on our own.
[21:27] <@Brad> "Yeah, Ross. Sorry, you didn't get the promotion. It would've helped if you had tits."
[21:28] <@Fraser> Most of my larger clients have actually worked on succession plans for just that very reason, Ross.
[21:28] <@Fraser> I'm surprised IBM hasn't.
[21:28] <@Jester> Yeah, if I don't get this promotion, I'm gonna bitch to the VP of HR, I think. I had a short convo with him about this issue, and I think I'm gonna make it a longer one.
[21:29] <@Jester> Particularly if I get passed over for a 30-year guy.
[21:29] <@Fraser> Though I find business management in the US and business management in Canada to be entirely different animals. Wink
01[21:29] <@Savant> fight fight fight
01[21:29] <@Savant> anyways, i have to go soak my foot or somethig
[21:29] <@Itzpapalotl> Brawl in the Breakroom
[21:29] <@Jester> The last promotion to this level was written in such a way that you had to be a 30-year guy to even apply for it.
[21:30] <@Fraser> o_O
[21:30] <@Jester> Yeah.
[21:30] <@Jester> Conservative, like I said.
01[21:30] <@Savant> rather
01[21:30] <@Savant> cheers, guys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:45] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:45] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
[18:45] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:45] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:45] <@Roland> ::attn::
[18:46] <@Melissa> ::attn::
01[18:46] <@Savant> good evening and welcome yet again to another session of the Black Talons. I'm your host, the hale and healthy Savant. I have a little note before we start.
01[18:47] <@Savant> Work likes to hold meetings on thursday evenings. Generally not too long, they say. Generally relatively pleasant and easy, they say.
01[18:47] <@Savant> They are full of crap.
[18:47] <@Caelin> i think thats a universal truth
01[18:47] <@Savant> so I may form time to time be required to delay the game fifteen minutes upon getting home, depending on how long the meeting has been and what amount of planning needs to be done.
01[18:48] <@Savant> So long as no one has an issue with this, we will keep the game time as it is.
[18:48] <@Roland> S'fine
[18:48] <@Detro> Perfectly okay by me. Extra planning time. Wink
01[18:48] <@Savant> since I am hearing no cries of insurrection, I will assume that things are well.
01[18:48] <@Savant> everyone knows there's a map?
02[18:48] * +dak-ob (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[18:48] <@Savant> i bet they do. So you cna have a tasty briefing.
01[18:48] <@Savant> 2To Move a Mountain
01[18:48] <@Savant> 2 17 Lares 275LC, 1900h - Evening - (22S TN1945)
01[18:48] <@Savant> 2 Mariska Benet Housing Ventures B Block, Envry Hub, Gomorrah, Caprice.
01[18:48] <@Savant> 2 18 degrees Celcius, 12% humidity, 112 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:48] <@Savant> This is possibly the most difficult task you have ever set for yourselves. Can't get much clearer than that, can it? Still, perhaps the words of Buddha are useful here - "The man who moves a mountain starts with a single rock."
01[18:48] <@Savant> The first rock you've chosen happens to be an interesting one, a favour to Mrs Mariko Sanvit. Her family was impounded upon her disappearance, and her two youngest children are currently living in a CID orphanage - the "New Earth Charitable Society." You've given yourselves the task of breaking them out.
01[18:48] <@Savant> The facility seems pleasant enough - the kids are well cared for, treated well, are getting a good education, and get occasional visits from CID and CEF officials. You have surveillance capacity on the area, and have begun an operation to get in and get the kids out..
01[18:48] <@Savant> It's an interesting first step to the collapse of Bastille Alpha as a secure prison facility, and it's half of Mariko's family - the most vulnerable half. A good beginning, if all goes well.
01[18:48] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:49] <@Detro> ack! I can has surveilance ^____^
[18:49] <@Caelin> ack
[18:49] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:49] <@Roland> ack
[18:49] <@Melissa> ack
01[18:50] <@Savant> before I pose questions, I have another game-related thing. The idea of having an aide for Jester in planning, intel-work, and things such as this. To help the game go smoothly. We have discussed this in the past, and I would like to hear nominations or alternatives
01[18:51] <@Savant> Dennis has already volunteered to do this sort of thing.
[18:51] <@Gabriel> I'm also quite open to swapping.
06[18:51] * @Savant nods
01[18:51] <@Savant> the end of the Caprice mission is a good time to switch to new characters, try new things out, and generally shake things up.
[18:51] <@Detro> Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of stealing Mem's job.
01[18:52] <@Savant> poor Mem Sad a Talon can have more than one lieutenant so long as their jobs are clearly outlined, certainly.
[18:52] <@Detro> Wink
[18:53] <@Detro> ::judges Mem's distance to the open-railed catwalk over the precipitous drop to the next level down:: Hey Mem, I'll flip ya for it...
01[18:53] <@Savant> i see no one jumping up and down in any direction. I'll leave the thought in your minds as a reminder. I don't expect any changes until the turnover to the Utopia mission after all.
01[18:53] <@Savant> now, any questions about the mission or game at hand?
[18:53] <@Roland> I am decidedly 'meh', so whatever. Wink
01[18:53] <@Savant> so long as Roland gets his murderin' in, right Wink
[18:54] <@Roland> Something like that. Wink
[18:54] <@Melissa> i have to give it some thought...but as for the game tonight, i'm assuming i'm still in a van, parked outside?
[18:54] <@Detro> For you, no. Tynes, I'm assuming you're asking Detro to stay put since you built that little bunker around him.
01[18:54] <@Savant> yes, Melissa. I'd suggest that the outside teams get some of their own work done. This neighbourhood is rife with interesting things to stick your nose into Wink
[18:54] <@Gabriel> Yes, and yes. Melissa and Detro's jobs are three fold tonight: 1) Find the kids. 2) Find the emergency evacuation procedures. 3) Find out why the CEF keeps visiting.
[18:55] <@Gabriel> And while you're at it, watch the cameras and keep Roland and Gabriel from being caught. Wink
03[18:55] * dak-obs (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
[18:55] <@Gabriel> That goes for Mem also.
[18:55] <@Gabriel> Hopefully, you three should have plenty to do.
01[18:55] <@Savant> three operators, three surveillance team members.
[18:55] <@Detro> Mem and Mel are probably best with 2 and 3. 1 I thought we already did, that we got the kids on surveilance.
01[18:55] <@Savant> sounds ideal. I guess you'd want one surveillance team member watchign one operator.
[18:55] <@Gabriel> Yes, but now it needs to become continuous and instantaneous.
[18:56] <@Detro> I can take 1 and keep an eye on Roland and Gabriel.
[18:56] <@Caelin> would you like caelin to do something different?
[18:56] <@Gabriel> "You breathe, he breathes with you. You have to piss... he helps."
[18:56] <@Detro> Save "The Rock" quotes for the jailbreak. Wink
01[18:56] <@Savant> Caelin clearly should walk into the front office, flex his bulging utopian muscles, and knock out all fo the electronics within a three mile radius.
[18:57] <@Gabriel> ::grins:: And I'm a bit weaker on Caelin and Birkin. External security and watching the backs of the hackers, certainly.
[18:57] <@Gabriel> Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll get attacked or something. Wink
[18:57] <@Detro> External security very useful, especially since we'll need a safe route out.
[18:57] <@Gabriel> Yep.
[18:57] <@Caelin> caelins in the van with melissa right now, was working with the drones
[18:57] <@Gabriel> You guys (and Caelin's drones) might also have to be distractions if the three inside have to leave in a hurry.
[19:00] <@Birkin> kiiillll
01[19:01] <@Savant> ahem. okay. Well, i'll try to give the guys outside something fun to do Wink
01[19:01] <@Savant> that's it then?
[19:01] <@Detro> Anyways, question.
[19:01] <@Birkin> Whatever happened to a nice and quiet game
01[19:01] <@Savant> hm?
[19:01] <@Birkin> Those were the days
[19:01] <@Detro> We did get the kids we're looking for on camera last week, correct?
[19:01] <@Mem> bu
[19:01] <@Birkin> bygone era I say
01[19:01] <@Savant> yes
[19:01] <@Mem> buh
[19:01] <@Detro> Just confirming Smile
01[19:01] <@Savant> an excellent confirmation.
01[19:01] <@Savant> last questions?
01[19:02] <@Savant> that's that, then. Let's roll the dice.
01[19:02] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
[19:02] <@Gabriel> ::follows Roland into the hallway:: +com+ Roland and I are moving deeper into the facility... see if we can find an administration office.
01[19:02] <@Savant> The Black Talons have broken into three groups - one inside the orphanage, two others outside monitoring. It's been fairly easy going so far, with only a brief scare from the local corpserf shop to unsettle things.
[19:02] <@Gabriel> +com+ Watch our backs out there.
[19:03] <@Mem> +com+ Haven't stopped.
[19:03] <@Detro> Inside> ::crouched behind the makeshift walls of his bunker, he keeps an eye on three video windows -- each tracking a Talon or the kids::
[19:03] <@Mem> ::glances over at Delgado, smirking::
01[19:03] <@Savant> The Talons inside have made their way to a doorway, beyond which they have confirmed a small robot buzzing about, cleaning a tile floorway
[19:03] <@Roland> +com+ Especially that cook. ::turns the handle on the door and opens it ajar slightly to make sure that it's only the vacuum that's in the other room::
[19:04] <@Birkin> ::opens one eye then the other, before casting a glance at Delgado and Mem:: Are you two done playing tonsil hockey up there? Is it safe for me to look?
[19:04] <@Mem> Safe to look at what?
[19:04] <@Melissa> ::keeps a channel open to listen for Corpserf traffic and begins to dig into the history of the orphanage and try to find a reason for the Earth interest in it::
[19:04] <@Birkin> Your ugly mug
01[19:05] <@Savant> Near Mem, Delgado and Birkin, the crowd of "Commonwealthers" disperse, spreading the "good word" of the NEC door to door. they seem to be greeted warmly by the people they meet.
[19:05] <@Mem> If you want to. I'd rather you try to watch for trouble.
[19:05] <@Detro> Inside> ::occasionally enlarges one of the video windows on his data glove... almost would have been better bringing his gear helmet and wiring the glove output to that, that it would show a little more detail::
[19:06] <@Birkin> ::points at the NEC sympathizers:: There's some trouble. Can I kill them?
[19:06] <@Roland> ::slips into the room and holds the door open behind him with his foot, waiting for Tynes to follow into the room behind him without letting the door close behind him::
[19:06] <@Mem> ::grins:: No. ::watches the cameras::
02[19:07] <@Birkin> T1> You've never been any fun LT. ::gives off a fake huff before looking outside as best he can from the back of the van::
01[19:08] <@Savant> The Talons - Mem, Melissa, and Detro primarily - watch the kids on their computer screens. They seem like entirely normal children. Mem can see the family resemblance to Mariko.
[19:08] <@Gabriel> ::passes Roland, drawing his taser to cover the robot in case it does something unexpected::
[19:08] <@Gabriel> ::takes position just behind one of the tables to cover him::
01[19:08] <@Savant> 5Roomba> vrrrrrrrrrr ::sweeps::
[19:09] <@Detro> ::monitors the progress of Roland and Tynes, then the kids::
02[19:09] <@Mem> T1> Oh, I'm lots of fun. I just can't endorse killing random people unless they happen to be obstructing a firing line to Krynn Rasuul.
05[19:09] <@Melissa> T2> ::looks at the kids for a moment before switching to another window on the pad::
[19:09] <@Roland> ::glances around the room for a moment to note anything they might need to use later, then slips over to the stairwell, glancing down over the railing from beside the stairs first before slipping around to the stairs themselves::
[19:09] <@Roland> ::crouches as he reaches the end of the stairs so he has a better field of view on the next floor down::
[19:10] <@Gabriel> ::once Roland is at the stairwell, moves to follow, staying close enough to support him and covering both stairway and door::
[19:10] <@Caelin> ::continues to keep an eye on the perimiter through the use of the spidhras and his laptop::
01[19:11] <@Savant> Melissa tunes through the radio channels. A bit of music, a lot of news. The Capricians like their news broadcasts, but it's mostly financial reports and business prospects. And of course, a lot of cleverly hidden ads amongst it all. Not much about the orphanage though.
02[19:11] <@Birkin> T1> Hm. Still people down there ::motions down a the building the Commonwealthers came out of recently::
01[19:11] <@Savant> Corpserff channels fare no better. there's little chatter going on, nothing about the orphanage.
[19:11] <@Detro> ::does a quick check of cameras on the next level down::
[19:11] <@Roland> +subvoc+ ::mutters over the comm as he starts, very slowly, down the stairs:: I don't suppose we've figured out how we're keeping these little monsters from screaming bloody murder when we grab them, have we?
01[19:11] <@Savant> Gabriel and Roland descend the stairs...
05[19:12] <@Melissa> T2> Not surprised ::pulls up the datapad and begins to look for info on the Net::
[19:12] <@Gabriel> +subvoc+ I hate to say it, but I'm carrying a taser, sedatives, and two sets of handcuffs. I hope it doesn't come to that, though...
05[19:13] <@Caelin> T2>::looks up:: whats that?
[19:13] <@Mem> +com+ Looking good still.
05[19:14] <@Melissa> T2> Oh, nothing on the radio about the orphanage. Though some well hidden ads
[19:14] <@Roland> +subvoc+ Kinky ::surveys the 'pedway' level, still crouched::
[19:15] <@Gabriel> +subvoc+ ::wryly:: Try to remember you're talking to a father, Senior Sergeant.
[19:15] <@Detro> +subvoc+ If you two are finished with your love making...
05[19:15] <@Caelin> T2>::raises an eyebrow:: ads?
[19:16] <@Birkin> T> I wonder if we could find out more about those fuckers.
[19:16] <@Gabriel> +subvoc+ ::returning to all-business:: Go, Detro.
[19:16] <@Roland> +subvoc+ Right. Right. I mean terribly horrific and the nightmares of parents everywhere.
05[19:16] <@Melissa> T2> Yeah, corporate ads, but some well hidden Earther propoganda
[19:17] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Stairs open up into a play area ahead... then you've got six rooms on this level down the hall, and a latrine towards the end...
02[19:17] <@Mem> T1> +com+ ::smirks:: This mission may seem like a place to slack off, but keep the comms clear.
02[19:17] <@Mem> T1> ::starts to describe the lower level, but stops::
02[19:17] <@Mem> T1> ::watches the cameras::
[19:17] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Your targets are down the hall, second door on the left.
[19:18] <@Gabriel> +com+ ...really. How many in there with them?
[19:19] <@Roland> ::slips through the 'play room', stepping carefully over toys and little chairs as he does so, setting up aside the hallway and backing up against the wall::
[19:19] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Occupants on that level... you've got a kid in the first room on the right, an adult and a child in the third room to the right...
02[19:19] <@Mem> T1> +com+ Just them.
[19:20] <@Gabriel> +com+ Very well. What about the children the Liberati asked us about?
02[19:20] <@Mem> T1> +com+ Let me know when you're ready to head down the hallway. I'll nix the cameras.
[19:21] <@Mem> <<*nix the security.>>
[19:21] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Motion sensor, corner of the hallway.
05[19:21] <@Caelin> T2>::nods::i'm not suprised either
02[19:22] <@Mem> T1> ::watches and waits, making sure Roland and Tynes don't appear on any cameras or other systems::
05[19:23] <@Melissa> T2> Hopefully there's more info to be found on the net. I'm guessing Earth is using this to instill strong sympathy for Earth amongst the next generation, but that's just a hunch
[19:23] <@Gabriel> ::waits for an answer to his question::
[19:23] <@Roland> +subvoc+ See it. ::eyes the motion sensor in the corner of the hallway, considering zapping it with the taser::
[19:24] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Basic electronic locks on the doors. Should we be ready to lock the adult in if need be?
02[19:24] <@Mem> T1> +com+ I... think you'll be fine. I'm messing with it a bit.
[19:24] <@Roland> +subvoc+ Not if we need to get at that kid. C'mon, which ones are the Liberati ones?
02[19:24] <@Mem> T1> ::types on his computer and leaves Birkin and Delgado with 100% attention to the surrounding area::
02[19:25] <@Birkin> T1> So how are we going to deal with these kids. ::keeps a look out at the NEC Center, seeing if anyone in uniform stops by::
[19:25] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Liberati children are where I described them. First door right, third door right. Third door right also has an adult in the room with them.
[19:26] <@Gabriel> ::approaches from behind Roland:: +subvoc+ I'm not sure we'll get this lucky even if we waited a hundred years, Senior Sergeant.
[19:26] <@Gabriel> +com+ Prepare to take down the security. We'll take the third door on the right first. Can you unlock the doors?
[19:27] <@Roland> +subvoc+ Fuck that, we need to save it for the rock. ::eyes the motion sensor again::
02[19:29] <@Mem> T1> +com+ Whatever you need. The security is very basic.
[19:29] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Doors are not locked at present.
[19:29] <@Roland> +subvoc+ Will they lock if the motion sensor goes off or goes out?
[19:30] <@Mem> +com+ It's an orphanage. It's fine. Go to.
02[19:30] <@Mem> T1> ::goes ahead with making sure the men have free access to the rooms without setting off alarms or being seen::
[19:30] <@Gabriel> +com+ Shut down the motion sensor. Or better still, lock it in a "no motion" state.
[19:31] <@Detro> ::figures he's getting a bit over-eager, so falls back to keeping an eye on the cameras and other indicators::
[19:31] <@Gabriel> ::offers his taser to Roland, not sure if the other man brought one::
[19:31] <@Roland> ::glances over on his shoulder at Tynes as he pulls out his own taser, holds up three fingers, then points straight forward down the hall and then at a 45 degree angle right::
02[19:31] <@Birkin> T1> ::frowns a little bit:: Hmm
02[19:32] <@Mem> T1> ::follows through with the orders, setting up unadulterated access to the floor::
[19:32] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement, pleased that Roland apparently isn't going to give him any grief over the lack of people to kill::
[19:32] <@Roland> ::slips around the corner and moves down the hall smoothly, gripping the taser with both hands::
[19:32] <@Detro> ::blinks, then chuckles, a bit of it getting out on the subvoc:: +subvoc+ It's alright. That's a dummy sensor. As for the rest of the system, it's got a battery backup that'll last a half hour tops, but it'll also trigger the corpserf building if it goes.
[19:32] <@Detro> <<edit: trigger the corpserf alert>>
[19:33] <@Gabriel> ::moves to cover Roland from the end of the hallwyay, keeping an eye on the stairs::
02[19:33] <@Mem> T1> +com+ It's clear. Indefinitely. Do your worst.
02[19:33] <@Birkin> T1> Lt. Black VTOL's approaching that building from a block down. Civvies it looks like ::tires to see if he can spot any markings on the VTOL::
[19:33] <@Roland> ::stops for a moment outside the door and releases one hand from his taser, gripping the other one on the door handle -- he glances over his shoulder to gauge Tynes's position, then nods his head forward once, twice, and moves in::
01[19:34] <@Savant> A pair of what look like flying stretch limos appear a block or so away from Mem's vehicle, gently settling down in front of the "Hooray for Earth" league headquarters.
05[19:34] <@Melissa> T2> ::begins to first search the regular information sites before moving in on the Orphanage's network::
[19:34] <@Roland> ::brings up the taser as the door opens and smoothly pops a shot into the adult form in the room, slipping along the wall as he enters to give Tynes room to follow and close the door as things begin to move quickly::
03[19:34] * Kt (~TheViking@149.130.234.215) has joined #BT05
01[19:35] <@Savant> At the same time, Roland bursts in on an elderly gentleman teaching mathematics to a bored looking girl who seems barely past the age of ten years. The man barely has a chance to move before he's on the ground, twitching
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::moves rapidly to the door, removing the helmet of his stealth suit so as to not frighten the child::
01[19:35] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::stays seated on the floor, blinking up at Roland and Gabriel as tehy bully past the twitching body of her schoolteacher::
[19:36] <@Roland> ::keeps the taser aimed at the man on the ground as he twitches, bringing his free hand up to where his lips are, behind the helmet, as Tynes enters the room::
[19:36] <@Gabriel> [H] Come with us. Your parents sent us to find you. ::gives the name of the parents::
02[19:36] <@Birkin> T1> Lt. You got a camera? We might be seeing someone important soon.
[19:36] <@Gabriel> ::watches the girl's reaction VERY closely, taser still ready in one hand::
01[19:36] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::plainly:: Why did you shoot my teacher?
02[19:37] <@Mem> T1> Uhh. +com+ Detro, changing perspective, watch the captain. ::brings up the outside camera to watch the newcomers::
[19:37] <@Detro> ::winces... he wasn't happy with the old man getting tasered::
[19:37] <@Roland> ::reaches down and pulls the taser dart out of the man and holds it up::
[19:37] <@Gabriel> [H] Do you wish to return home, or is this place now your home? Do you wish to see your parents again?
[19:37] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Roger Ell-tee. ::makes sure he has the remaining interior camera shots still accessible::
01[19:37] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Lead Armigers. We have detected two vehicles bearing weapon grade energy capacitor emissions.
02[19:38] <@Birkin> T1> And who are you beautiful people, watches the display of the cameras::
01[19:39] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::pauses and then stands up:: Okay.
05[19:40] <@Caelin> T2>::switches to sleca's camera view and looks at the vehicles::+subcom+i see them now ::to melissa:: can you tell if they're terran or the local law enforcement?
02[19:40] <@Mem> T1> ::tries to get a good read on the new vehicles::
[19:40] <@Gabriel> ::offers his helmet to Roland for the moment:: I'll bring the others here. ::assumes Roland will understand the unspoken implication::
[19:40] <@Gabriel> See if you can find her some dark clothes.
[19:40] <@Gabriel> ::heads down the hall toward the first door::
01[19:40] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::pauses:: +subcom+ Signatures match Terran capacitor banks.
[19:41] <@Roland> ::takes the helmet and frowns, then looks around the room::
[19:41] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Still all clear on your level.
[19:41] <@Gabriel> ::carefully and quickly opens the first door, enters the room, and closes it behind him::
[19:41] <@Roland> ::looks down at the girl and mouths the words behind his helmet before he actually says them out loud:: Do you have a wardrobe?
02[19:41] * @Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[19:42] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::Walks over to her bed and picks up a raggedy stuffed toy - it looks like it was once a plush truck. She returns to Rolands' side::
01[19:42] <@Savant> 5Girl> What's a wardrobe?
05[19:43] <@Melissa> T2> ::continues looking for more information on the orphanage::
[19:43] <@Roland> ::looks down at the girl; helmet in one hand and taser in the other:: Where the ffff....where are your other clothes?
05[19:44] <@Caelin> T2>::frowns:: +subvoc+captain tynes, we may have a terran presence shortly
02[19:44] <@Mem> T1> +com+ I'm on it, just continue with things as planned.
01[19:45] <@Savant> Gabriel steps in on a twelve year old boy, asleep in a cot.
[19:45] <@Gabriel> ::checks for where the boy's clothes would be kept and tries to find a dark-colored shirt and pants::
01[19:46] <@Savant> 5Girl> Oh, okay. Will it be cold? I don't have a suit anymore. They took my suit.
[19:46] <@Detro> ::does a quick sweep on his level's cameras, just to make sure nobody's sneaking up on him::
[19:47] <@Roland> We...uh...need you to put on some clothes that are dark. It will make it easier to bring you to your parents. ::a beat:: We will get you a new suit. ::is speaking rather robotically at this point, choosing his words far more conciously than he normally would::
[19:48] <@Gabriel> ::finds some suitable clothes, then kneels down by the boy's bed and gently wakes him up::
03[19:48] * Kt (~TheViking@149.130.234.215) has left #bt05
03[19:48] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
[19:49] <@Gabriel> ::once he's awake:: [H] I am a friend of your parents. ::names the boy's parents:: They sent me to find you. Do you want to go back to them?
03[19:49] * Kt (~TheViking@149.130.234.215) has joined #BT05
01[19:49] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::raises her eyebrow at Roland:: Oh. Okay. ::Turns to her dresser and takes out a bright pink backpack, then starts stuffing things into it.::
02[19:49] <@Mem> T1> ::looks over at Birkin:: Whoever that is up there, I imagine they're VIPs. Armed, well-equipped civilian VTOLs.
02[19:50] <@Birkin> T1> Agreed. Undercover maybe? You getting snapshots of anyone coming off the VTOL's yet?
01[19:50] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::blinks heavily::[h] huh... wha...? ::rubs his eyes:: who are you?
02[19:50] <@Mem> T1> Not yet.
[19:50] <@Roland> ::grips his taser a little tighter once or twice:: Um...I'm sorry, but you will need to leave your things here. We will get you new things...or come back for these later.
[19:50] <@Detro> ::switches back to the camera feeds from their level, where there's... packing? He winces.::
[19:50] <@Roland> Please just...um...please just find some dark clothing.
02[19:50] <@Birkin> T1> Hopefully someone does. Be nice to have some images of the NEC people directing that crackpot lot.
05[19:50] <@Melissa> T2> +com+ The orphanage is not a front per say...but that said, the children are given a strong dosage of propaganda. Much like L'estrangeurs in the SR
[19:50] <@Gabriel> ::smiles, remembering when his own son was this age, and starts slower:: [H] My name is Gabriel. I am a Raven.
01[19:50] <@Savant> The VTOLS haven't moved or done anything since they've landed. The few "sympathizers" nearby have given the cars a wide berth, but don't seem put off or nervous by their presence::
[19:51] <@Gabriel> [H] Your parents asked me to find you. Do you wish to go home to them?
05[19:51] <@Melissa> T2> ::continues to dig through the information, trying to get access to the Orphanage files...looking for records and other general information::
01[19:52] <@Savant> 6Boy> ::Inhales sharply:: Y-you're a talon? ::listens to Gabriel, thinks things through for a brief second:: They - they're alive? The matron told me they were killed by bombs.
[19:52] <@Detro> +Subvoc+ Can someone outside look up the schedule of the man tasered in the corner room, make sure he's not supposed to be somewhere else anytime soon?
[19:53] <@Gabriel> ::smiles even more broadly:: [H] Where did you hear that word? But yes, I am. And the matron was wrong. They are alive.
[19:53] <@Gabriel> ::is very careful not to say the matron lied... just in case::
[19:53] <@Gabriel> [H] Come. I will take you to them. ::offers the boy the clothes:: Dress in these. Try to hurry.
05[19:53] <@Melissa> T2> +com+ Will do...I'm trying to get into their files right now anyway
01[19:53] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::begins pulling himself out of bed and getting dressed::
02[19:54] <@Mem> T1> ::watches the VTOLs, still, confused, and checks the outside cameras for any activity::
02[19:54] <@Birkin> T1> ::Begins to look around the van more, checking to see if anyone was around outside of it::
[19:55] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Thanks Mel. ::checks the level cameras again:: Still clear inside on your level.
05[19:55] <@Melissa> T2> ::makes note of the constant field trips to CEF and CID facilities and looks up the teachers' schedules and personal files to put a face to the tasered guy::
02[19:55] <@Mem> T1> ::drums his fingers on the side of his seat::
02[19:56] <@Mem> T1> I gotta know who's in those VTOLs. Like, I have a hunch.
01[19:56] <@Savant> The doors open to one of the luxury VTOLs, and a pair of Mordred step out - armoured, armed, and bearing BILs as if they were on dress parade. They flank the open door of the vehicle and spread out, searching the area for any threats
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::once the boy is ready, leads him quickly back to "Roland's room" and leaves him in the Senior Sergeant's care::
[19:56] <@Roland> ...hi.
01[19:57] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::Pulls her backpack on over her shoulders, and then pulls a long, charcoal-grey cloak from a coathook, putting it over herself and her pack::
05[19:57] <@Caelin> T2>::watching the VTOLs through sleca's eyes::grel...
02[19:57] <@Mem> T1> +com+ OK, gonna hurry you folks along now. GREL in the area, armed, from a civilian vehicle. You guys aren't in danger, but the area is heating up fast.
02[19:57] <@Birkin> T1> Hello there. Mr Mordred.
05[19:57] <@Melissa> T2> Great...purple people in a shell...
[19:57] <@Gabriel> +com+ Moving as fast as we can.
02[19:57] <@Mem> T1> ::checks encryptions and makes sure all comm activity is still secure::
01[19:57] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Lead Armigers, hostiles detected. Preparing firing options.
[19:57] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Is that VTOL still outside parked outside the orphanage?
[19:58] <@Gabriel> ::heads back into the hallway toward the Sanvit children's room and repeats the process, opening, entering, closing the door behind him::
01[19:58] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::follows Gabriel in to see Roland.::
05[19:58] <@Caelin> T2>+subcom+hold fire and continue to monitor
01[19:59] <@Savant> Gabriel enters the room of the Sanvit children to see them seated about the table, one reading and the other doing homework. They both turn and look at him at once, startled::
[19:59] <@Roland> ::looks between the boy and the girl:: Um....my name is Roland. What are yours?
[20:00] <@Gabriel> ::sticks to Anglic this time:: I am a friend of your parents. ::names both children, then names their parents:: I have come to find you, and to bring you back to your mother and father.
01[20:00] <@Savant> 5Girl> The matron wants me to use the name Jillian, but it's not my name. My name is Emanna Maribold.
01[20:01] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::rubs his sleepy eyes, then glares at Emanna, as if she wasn't supposed to defy the matron like that:: John. I'm John.
[20:01] <@Roland> Maribold. I know your clan. You come from a proud people.
[20:01] <@Gabriel> ::again, watches the reactions of both children closely::
01[20:01] <@Savant> The two boys look at Gabriel, then each other, as if they couldn't believe what they were seeing and had to check to see if it was a dream::
01[20:02] <@Savant> 5Girl> Our clan is the best clan, because we have the best fixers ::she hugs her stuffed truck::
03[20:02] * Kt (~TheViking@149.130.234.215) has left #bt05
01[20:03] <@Savant> After the two GREL have searched the area outside, two more appear and flank the doors of the VTOL as if on parade.
[20:03] <@Detro> ::starts to check on their potential exit routes from the building::
03[20:03] * Kt (~TheViking@149.130.234.215) has joined #BT05
[20:03] <@Roland> You will be with them again. Soon. ::looks to John:: And who are your family?
01[20:04] <@Savant> 5Boy> They got killed by GREL. But they were trying to blow up a factory.
[20:04] <@Gabriel> ::begins describing Mariko Sanvit, then finishes with:: She is safe and well. If you come with me, I will bring you to her. The journey will be long, but I promise you will see your parents again.
[20:04] <@Gabriel> Will you come with me?
01[20:05] <@Savant> Lathander> ::The eldest says hesitantly:: She.. she was killed by Terranovans.
02[20:05] <@Birkin> T1> Come on you bastards.
01[20:06] <@Savant> The door to the building a block down opens, and a few more people start to spill out. Some are uniformed in a strange feudal version of the CID black-and-silver.
[20:06] <@Gabriel> ::digs into his pack for his PDA and brings up a picture of Mariko Sanvit from her TN debriefing, and offers it to Lathander:: She is alive and well. I promise you this.
[20:06] <@Roland> And your clan?
[20:06] <@Gabriel> ::can almost FEEL time ticking away now::
01[20:07] <@Savant> They are talking in an animated fashion to one person in an actual official black-and-silver uniform, whose limp blakc hair, stern expression and milky-white eye is immediately recognizeable.
01[20:07] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::sullenly:: Van Saar.
02[20:08] <@Birkin> T1> ::clenches the chair:: ... Am I dreaming Lt?
02[20:08] <@Mem> T1> ::stares::
05[20:08] <@Melissa> T2> ::blinks::
02[20:08] <@Birkin> T1> Gotta be a dream. I don't have Cerberus here to unload onto those things.
[20:08] <@Roland> Van Saar. They have been very good to me and my friends. Do you know Kellerton?
02[20:09] <@Birkin> T1> We gotta track that thing. Lt can you request the Utopians try to track that thing as it takes off?
05[20:09] <@Caelin> T2>::looking at the screen:: is that...?
01[20:10] <@Savant> 5Boy> uh huh. ::a pause:: Did they get Kellerton too?
[20:10] <@Roland> No. She is well.
05[20:10] <@Melissa> T2> Umm...Yeah, yeah that is her...or else a reasonable facsimile
02[20:10] <@Mem> T1> +com+ Roland, get to the roof.
01[20:11] <@Savant> Lathander> ::Pauses, looks at his brother, then stands up:: Okay. Let's go.
02[20:11] <@Mem> T1> ::looks around, fists clenched:: Birkin, evalute the road.
[20:11] <@Roland> +com+ Kind of have two squirts here to take care of here, Cueball.
02[20:11] <@Mem> T1> Can we kill her and run?
01[20:11] <@Savant> 5Boy> Um, good.
[20:11] <@Gabriel> ::smiles and evaluates what the kids are wearing::
02[20:11] <@Mem> T1> +com+ Rasuul. Get. to. the. roof.
[20:12] <@Gabriel> ::suddenly decides it doesn't matter a great deal::
02[20:12] <@Birkin> T1> Lt. We do that we compromise the Captain and everything we're doing.
[20:12] <@Gabriel> Come this way. ::starts herding the boys toward the hallway::
05[20:12] <@Caelin> T2>+subvoc+freja, those vehicles are apparently an envoy for krynn rasuul, can you track them?
02[20:12] <@Birkin> T1> ::still evaulates the road just as ordered::
[20:12] <@Gabriel> +com+ Inside team is moving.
[20:12] <@Roland> ::a beat:: +com+ And what the fuck am I going to do from the roof, man. I didn't bring my fucking rifle into the orphanage.
02[20:12] <@Mem> T1> I'm not gonna be stupid, but fuck if I'm not going to think of a way to leave this mission with her dead.
05[20:12] <@Melissa> T2> +com+ Stay on the mission...once that's successful, then we can take her out
01[20:12] <@Savant> Krynn Rasuul is standing not a block away form the Talons, chatting with a few symathizers as she makes her slow way to the escort limo. The GREL watch the area like hawks.
[20:12] <@Gabriel> +com+ Forget shooting her, please. I'm content with leaving here promptly without meeting her.
02[20:12] <@Mem> T1> +com+ Since when do you not have your rifle. Fuck. Caelin, request tracking on the vehicle.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> ::repeats:: +com+ Stick to the mission, T-- people. All teams, acknowledge.
[20:13] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Ung jeong jia ching jien soh! ::carefully gets up, maintaining the data link, to make sure the way will be clear for a quick getaway through this room::
01[20:13] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::frowns:: You shouldn't swear. It's not nice.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> ::hurries the boys into the hallway::
02[20:13] <@Mem> T1> +com+ Exit is clear captain.
05[20:13] <@Melissa> T2> +com+ Ack
05[20:13] <@Caelin> T2>+com+already on it
02[20:13] <@Mem> T1> ::clenches and unclenches his fists::
[20:13] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Sorry sir. Standing by.
01[20:14] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::takes Rolands' hand - well, along with the helmet:: Are we leaving yet?
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::gives Roland a wave, indicating he should bring the kids out::
02[20:14] <@Birkin> T1> Road looks clear Lt. Everything except our esteemed guests and their purple goons.
02[20:14] <@Mem> T1> ::smirks:: Told you I had a hunch.
01[20:14] <@Savant> The two boys follow Gabriel, leaving their things behind them
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::takes the helmet back so the girl can have Roland's hand::
[20:14] <@Roland> ::clears his throat:: Yes. Let's go. Time to leave.
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::leads the way back into the hallway:: +com+ How's the upper level? That cook still busy?
[20:14] <@Roland> ::looks down at the hand for a moment and frowns -- a hand occupied was a hand that could hold a weapon::
02[20:15] <@Mem> T1> ::checks his sidearm with a free hand, and considers very briefly just stepping out of the van and doing it himself, but it's only a brief consideration::
[20:15] <@Roland> ::starts moving with the children, behind Tynes::
[20:15] <@Detro> ::checks:: +subvoc+ Aff. Cook's still busy. Make sure the kids know to be quiet. Tell them this is hide and seek or something.
[20:16] <@Gabriel> ::nods, having already thought of that himself::
02[20:16] <@Mem> T1> +com+ All right. Extraction within five minutes. Get ready to move in and pick them up.
[20:16] <@Gabriel> ::turns to look at all the kids:: OK, everyone, we're going to go to the roof now. Please do it quickly and as quietly as you can. No questions until we get to the roof, OK?
02[20:17] <@Mem> T1> +com+ Can the drones disable those VTOLs quietly?
01[20:17] <@Savant> Outside, Krynn Rasuul puts a hand on one of the Caprician sympathizers' shoulders and says a few inspiring words. She's good at this sort of thing, it's obvious, because she's got the attention of everyone around her. They're all eating out of her hand.
02[20:18] <@Mem> T1> ::looks at Birkin:: What about a grenade? Just lob it over when we leave. ::seems increasingly frustrated, but has not acted out of turn yet::
01[20:18] <@Savant> Inside, the kids nod and comply. They're actually rather quiet and stealthy, as many children are.
02[20:18] <@Birkin> T1> ::Makes sure the cameras get all of the faces there that are listening to Rasuul, targets for later: Getting all of the faces there on file::
02[20:18] <@Birkin> T1> ::frowns:: I didn't bring my launcher. And we'd have the VTOL's on our asses as soon as it landed. We'd lose half the team without support running away LT.
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] Do you want me to follow them? Or just send a spidhra?
[20:20] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Outside teams, finish up any data network requests you have, connection's going dark in a few...
02[20:20] <@Mem> T1> I am going to puke if I was a block from Rasuul and couldn't do anything.
[20:21] <@Gabriel> ::once the kids agree, quickly leads them to the stairs and to the upper level::
05[20:21] <@Caelin> T2>+subcom+ send a spidhra ::thinks:: could you get one close enough to one of the vehicles to stow away?
02[20:21] <@Birkin> T1> We just need to track her, LT. See where she goes try to get a lay on her patterns. We do anything now not only do we endanger our own necks, but the lives of the kids. And they didn't sign up for that shit.
[20:21] <@Roland> ::follows Tynes and the Sanvit children, moving along back towards the upper levels::
05[20:21] <@Melissa> T2> ::continues to grab data from what she can on the orphanage::
02[20:21] <@Birkin> T1> This is a huge break Lt. We need to not fuck this up and take it slow.
02[20:21] <@Mem> T1> No, we need to kill her, but I know... the mission is crucial.
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::pauses:: =subcom+ [AS] Maybe. But I think we'd lose the spidhra. I don't want to risk that. Especially if it's discovered.
02[20:22] <@Mem> T1> So... fuck. Just be fucking ready if some freak opportunity comes up.
02[20:22] <@Mem> T1> ::watches the orphanage cameras again to make sure nothing is out of order for the escape::
02[20:22] <@Birkin> T1> ::grunts:: Got it
[20:23] <@Gabriel> +com+ Caelin, I need Sleca on the roof in three minutes, please.
[20:23] <@Gabriel> ::finds the dining room clear and heads for the supply room hall::
05[20:23] <@Caelin> T2>::doesn't bother switching to his own language::+subcom+ alright have it follow as best as possible without being seen
05[20:24] <@Caelin> T2>+com+ sleca's already there captain tynes
01[20:24] <@Savant> The Talons make it back to Detro without being spotted, apparently. There's nothing noticing their presence except for a slightly disturbed vacuum-bot.
[20:24] <@Detro> +subvoc+ Data connection is now... down. ::moves to the roof hatch and moves some of the room's contents under it to get high enough::
01[20:24] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ This unit is prepared to assist, Foot Captain.
[20:25] <@Detro> ::pushes up just enough to let him see out at the roof level... he knows there's a camera that can see the roof, so wants to make sure they can time it well enough to not be seen::
02[20:25] <@Mem> T1> ::sighs, clearly frustrated:: +com+ Outside is still good. ::watches the cameras::
01[20:25] <@Savant> Outside, Rasuul is saying goodbyes and makes her way to the limo-VTOLs.
[20:26] <@Roland> ::continues along, coming up the stairs and following into the hall -- he glances in towards the kitchen as they move into the supply room::
02[20:26] <@Mem> T1> ::glances:: Fuck, she's leaving. She's leaving!
[20:26] <@Gabriel> ::holds a finger over his mouth to the kids and waits for Detro to reach the roof::
05[20:26] <@Caelin> T2>::switches back to the spidhra hiding near the one camera with the wireless tap connect and prepares to run another footage loop through to mask the movements of the insertion team::
01[20:26] <@Savant> Detro gets a faceful of SLECA, which stares at him with its five dull red eyes
02[20:26] <@Mem> T1> ::kicks the floor of the van and stews for a second:: If she's coming to these sympathisers so openly... ::trails off::
[20:27] <@Gabriel> ::wryly:: I'd say the roof is clear. Move it. ::pulls on his helmet and seals it::
01[20:27] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::Scuttles from one shadow to the next, making its speedy way down the street, swathed in a shroud of indistinctness as it moves::
02[20:27] <@Birkin> T1> Yeah. It means maybe we can find her again.
[20:27] <@Detro> ::blinks and nearly falls backwards:: Wong ba duhn! ::shakes his head:: Stupid drone.
01[20:28] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::giggles at Detro::
[20:28] <@Detro> ::pushes open the hatch just enough to get his chest out on the roof, using SLECA as cover... he then crawls out, holding the hatch open:: Clear.
[20:28] <@Roland> ::stays in the stock-room, helping the children up::
01[20:29] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::backs away form the hatch and extends two spindly arms from its upper body, gesturing in complex hand signs at Detro, but remaining silent::
[20:29] <@Gabriel> ::lifts the visor on the helmet:: OK, kids, gonna boost you up to the roof. No questions yet.
[20:29] <@Gabriel> ::lifts the Van Saar boy first up to Detro::
01[20:29] <@Savant> Kids> ::nod almost in unison::
[20:29] <@Detro> ::helps pull the boy up:: Stay put right behind me, ok?
01[20:30] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::nods mutely::
[20:30] <@Gabriel> ::lifts the kids one by one up to the roof, confident Roland will watch his back::
01[20:31] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Retreats to near the edge of the building. As it moves a barrel lowers from beneath its head, looking to all the world like a high-pressure flamethrower::
[20:31] <@Detro> ::helps the children out one by one, then offers a hand to pull Tynes up::
[20:31] <@Roland> ::keeps the taser drawn and watches the supply room door, almost fully expecting the cook to show up::
[20:31] <@Gabriel> ::once they're all up, mutters to himself:: Gentle Prophet, see the wisdom and charity in my work, and let it be completed with no harm to those I serve.
01[20:31] <@Savant> The kids get lifted one by one to the roof, each of them huddling around Detro like a flock of abandoned pigeons
[20:31] <@Gabriel> ::that said, lifts himself up to the roof, using one of the crates for leverage and support::
01[20:32] <@Savant> Rasuul gets in, and the GREL follow her. The doors close.
[20:33] <@Gabriel> ::once on the roof, turns back to the kids, leading them to the shelter of one of the ventilation units:: OK, everyone, this is the part that's going to be a little scary, and a lot fun.
02[20:33] <@Birkin> T1> Blow up blow up blow up blow up.
05[20:33] <@Melissa> T2> You know...times like these, one should have an assassin drone...or a suicide drone on hand
[20:33] <@Gabriel> ::pulls them in and almost whispers conspiratorily:: This robot ::indicates the Sleca:: can fly!
02[20:33] <@Mem> T1> ::watches Rasuul get away and sighs, unable to do anything::
[20:33] <@Roland> ::holsters his taser, then reaches up and hauls himself up onto the roof behind the others, closing the hatch behind him afterwards::
[20:33] <@Gabriel> And it's going to carry you from this roof alllll the way to our truck. But you have to be really really quiet, and you have to go one at a time. OK?
01[20:34] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Sleca's tail camera swivels around to look at Gabriel in a sort of "what-the-hell" manner::
[20:34] <@Detro> ::glances around the roof, on guard... Tynes is doing well enough with the kids, which leaves his mind to watching out for anything that could go wrong. Not that it would. Couldn't go wrong, not this far along.
01[20:34] <@Savant> 5Girl> Isn't flying noisy?
[20:35] <@Gabriel> ::grins:: Sometimes. But not today. Today, it will be really quiet, so you have to be really quiet too.
02[20:35] <@Birkin> T1> We'll get her next time.
01[20:35] <@Savant> The VTOLS begin to hum and shudder, and as a pair they gracefully swoop up a meter intot he air, then another...
[20:35] <@Detro> ::crawls to the edge of the roof, slowly, carefully, and staying within cover from the camera's eye... he looks down to see if the VTOL is landed below them::
05[20:35] <@Caelin> T2>::having switched back to sleca's view after dealing with the camera::
02[20:35] <@Mem> T1> +com+ ... Shade. VTOLs in the air.
[20:36] <@Roland> ::re-holsters his taser, drawing the Talon pistol now instead as he eyes the roof::
01[20:36] <@Savant> A little blur leaps out from the side of a building and spits out a thin hook on a line, and sucks itself in tight to the belly of the trailing VTOL as the pair soars off into the eternal twilight of the worldcity.
[20:37] <@Detro> +subvoc+ VTOL still on the ground in front of the orphanage. Wouldn't blowing THAT up make a nice diversion on our way out?
01[20:37] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::black away from the edge of the building and hides away its weapon, turning to face Tynes and the children, speaking quietly in its brisk baritone:: This unit is ready to serve, Foot Captain.
[20:37] <@Gabriel> ::waits for the VTOL to be well away, relieved without showing it:: Who wants to go first?
05[20:37] <@Melissa> T2> +com+ I prefer the nice quiet exit myself
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] It's on. I hope we're doing the right thing, Caelin.
02[20:39] <@Mem> T1> +com+ OK, it's clear. VTOLs are gone, so is Rasuul.
01[20:39] <@Savant> The children stand together awkwardly for a few moments before the Maribold girl steps forward::
[20:40] <@Gabriel> ::offers the girl an encouraging smile:: It won't fly fast, and you won't fall. ::turns to Sleca:: Sleca, will you carry this girl to the Armiger? Be very careful with her.
01[20:42] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::The drone reaches out with its heavier arms and takes the girl cautiously:: Acknowledged, Foot Captain. For Troy.
01[20:42] <@Savant> The brave girl barely has time to look worried before the centauroid drone turns and leaps off of the edge of the building.
05[20:42] <@Caelin> T2>+subcom+[AS]this rasuul is apparently a key terran here, we weren't prepared to deal with her today but the spidhra should allow us to prepare for the next
[20:43] <@Gabriel> ::switches to Indo-Arabic, hoping that Mem still remembers his temple training:: [I] +com+ Lieutenant Gage, I'd like the Sleca to take a path that goes well away from any guards. In case of unexpected noise. Please pass this along.
[20:43] <@Roland> ::mutters within his helmet, hoping the girl doesn't scream as she's hurled off the building alongside the drone::
[20:43] <@Gabriel> ::watches the Sleca, trying to imagine his daughter Alexa being this brave::
02[20:44] <@Mem> T1> ::blinks, then switches into his Indoarabic listening mode:: +com+ Copy.
02[20:44] <@Mem> T1> +com+ Have Sleca avoid all orphanage defenses, please.
01[20:44] <@Savant> The drone snaps out a line as it falls, its plummet slowing in a precice mathematical arc so that its feet tap lightly onto the pedway below, with perfect timing. The drone, it turns out, cannot fly at all. However, it seems clever enough to accomodate. It scuttles off into the black.
[20:45] <@Gabriel> ::turns to look at the boys::
01[20:45] <@Savant> The boys are invariably wide eyed and pale faced
01[20:46] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ I have her. :: A pause:: What would you like me to do with her?
[20:46] <@Gabriel> ::offers a smile:: It looks scary, but it's fun. Can you do it?
[20:46] <@Gabriel> +com+ The truck, if you please, Scildfreja, and my thanks. Please ask Sleca to return.
[20:47] <@Gabriel> ::turns back to the boys:: She's safe now. Who wants to go next?
01[20:47] <@Savant> Sleca is already out at he back of the building, climbing up the sheer face with little more than traction and clever use of a pair of climbing cables.
01[20:47] <@Savant> The drones' black head peers up over the edge and looks at the children. All three take an instinctive step back.
[20:47] <@Roland> +subvoc+ This is where shit normally starts to go wrong -- keep your heads up.
[20:48] <@Detro> +subvoc+ I was going to suggest that perhaps we should ready our rope, just in case we have to leave prematurely.
[20:48] <@Gabriel> ::fervently hopes that Roland is wrong, and concentrates on looking cheerful and confident for the kids::
[20:48] <@Gabriel> ::repeats:: Who wants to go next?
02[20:48] <@Birkin> T1> ::scans the area around them, hoping nothing new decides to pay them a visit::
01[20:49] <@Savant> Lathander> I-I will. . . then Jerome is next.
[20:49] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Sleca:: This boy is next. Please carry him to the Armiger and use great care::
01[20:50] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Seems to materialize out of thin air beside Caelin and Melissa's truck, carrying a young girl who looks only a little frightened, wrapped un in a charcoal cloak
01[20:51] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> Acknowledged, Foot Captain. For Troy. ::Takes Lathander and pauses a moment or two before it disapears down the side of the building::
05[20:51] <@Caelin> T2>::pops the door open for freja::
01[20:52] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::reaches in, the bulky armiger barely able to do more than that. Her voice is soft over the suits' speakers:: Here. She's a darling, Caelin. The Liberati have strong children. ::disappears again::
01[20:53] <@Savant> This process repeats itself twice more; the drone taking the terrified children down one by one, Scildfreja delivering them to Caelin and Melissa
01[20:53] <@Savant> The Talons follow in short order. The local Corpserfs don't seem to have the slightest clue as to what's gone down.
[20:54] <@Gabriel> ::once inside the truck:: I'd say it's time to go.
[20:54] <@Roland> Please.
05[20:54] <@Melissa> T2> ::once everyone is back, gets the van going::
01[20:55] <@Savant> The two vehicles move out, heading their separate ways before meeting up in a clean but somewhat shabby outbuilding attached to a factory. Not the best place for children, but it's certainly a lot more free. Noise clutters the air outside along with the pollution, but inside it's warm and quiet enough.
[20:57] <@Detro> ::is keeping an eye on the news services to see if there's any reports going out... he's also quite glad this appears to have been pulled off without a hitch::
[20:57] <@Roland> Rasuul is going to be awfully upset this happened under her nose. ::still has his helmet on::
[20:57] <@Birkin> ::stretches out a bit after having moved into the safehouse, scratching his side idly:: Any news on that plant we put on the VTOL?
01[20:59] <@Savant> Scildfreja has yet to reaturn. She diverted from the group shortly after leaving the operation zone, and has promised to be back right away.
[21:00] <@Detro> ::glances over towards Tynes during a break in the news to see how he's doing::
[21:00] <@Gabriel> ::sticks close by the kids through all of this::
01[21:00] <@Savant> The children, for their part, have taken to huddling together. The boys, at least, have made something of a lion's pride. The girl seems far more brave, perhaps lacking the sense to realize that these people were potential sociopaths
[21:00] <@Birkin> If nothing does come from that. We can't track her down. We should send her some of the shots we got of her ::grins slightly:: Maybe with a little message saying "Next Time"
[21:00] <@Caelin> ::paces a bit, shaking his head to birkin:: not as yet
[21:02] <@Gabriel> ::once they're back at the safehouse, gets them established, then sets up a couple of scramblers near them:: Let's check them for transmitters.
[21:02] <@Melissa> ::leans back in a chair and pulls out a datapad and starts sketching out a plan for an 'assassin' drone::
[21:02] <@Detro> ::shudders:: I hope not. I really hope they wouldn't stoop so low to use kids like this...
01[21:02] <@Savant> 5News> ***Breaking story! Terrorists have attacked a Gamma level orphanage and kidnapped several children. Local officials are perplexed by the move, but are calling for a Gomorrah-wide manhunt on the perpetrators...***
[21:03] <@Birkin> Well. That didn't take long.
[21:03] <@Gabriel> Remember who we're talking about. ::starts digging through the safehouse fridge for food and drinks::
01[21:03] <@Savant> 5Girl> That's us they're talking about on the news, isn't it?
[21:04] <@Roland> We need to get the Sanvits to the Fury and the others to the Liberati. Quickly.
[21:04] <@Gabriel> ::turns back, carrying drink boxes and the most appealing of their field rations:: Yes, sweetie, I'm sure it is. And you're rigged, which means that they're going to be using your rigs to try and find you.
[21:04] <@Gabriel> But they won't, don't worry. Is anyone hungry? Thirsty?
01[21:05] <@Savant> 5Girl> Yeah. They made us get rigs. Mine doesn't have the right name on it.
[21:05] <@Detro> ::to Roland:: We move while the kids are rigged, that's a problem. Besides, you heard them. Man-hunt. Everyone's going to be looking. Wait a few days for the fury to die down.
[21:06] <@Roland> Propoganda. They're not searching the entire Gomorran supercity for four children from an orphanage.
[21:06] <@Detro> Not too long though. Since...
01[21:06] <@Savant> Gabriel is met by a sea of wide eyes from the boys. Emanna shrugs and sits down in the middle of the floor::
[21:06] <@Caelin> ::opens his laptop again and tries to see if he can get anything from the spidhra that hooked rasuul's VTOL::
[21:06] <@Roland> The keffs have far bigger things to worry about.
[21:06] <@Gabriel> ::shakes hiis head:: No, faster is better. We're outside the noose right now. I want to stay outside.
[21:06] <@Birkin> ::looks over at the Sanvits boys:: They don't have rigs do they? They have those Earth ID chips.
[21:06] <@Detro> ::shrugs, letting the matter drop::
[21:06] <@Gabriel> Once we're out of the city, we can run far faster than the keffs can hunt. Let's make arrangements to get out of the city, tonight.
[21:07] <@Mem> ::grumbles as he finally gets back from securing the vehicles, and sets his backpack down, reaching in, and plugging in to the safehouse outlet::
01[21:07] <@Savant> Lathander> We have rigs, of course we have rigs. Every Gomorran's got a rig.
[21:08] <@Gabriel> ::nods and turns back to the kids:: And right now, the rigs are dangerous. Lathander, Jerome, the rest of your family is outside the trench. That's where we have to go. And of course, no real Liberati lives in the trench. ::winks at the two Liberati kids::
[21:08] <@Birkin> Ah thats right. You're father is a local here isnt he?
01[21:08] <@Savant> One of the two garage-doors of the factory outbuilding shivers, and there's a very gentle tap-tap-tap against it.
01[21:09] <@Savant> Lathander> ::solemnly:: They took dad to the Rock.
[21:09] <@Detro> ::looks up:: I hope that's Scil...Sch... ::sigh:: We really need to give her a callsign. Something you can PRONOUNCE.
01[21:09] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::grins widely:: Are we going back to Sigma?
[21:09] <@Gabriel> ::is surprised that Lathander knows this, but just nods:: They did.
[21:09] <@Caelin> ::sighs and mutters about being out of range then wonders where freja is, but then hears the tapping, he moves to open the door for her::
[21:09] <@Birkin> They told you that?
01[21:10] <@Savant> Lathander> No. I saw it on CENN.
[21:10] <@Roland> I'll get her. ::draws his weapon and exits the room, moving to go check the return of Freda::
[21:10] <@Gabriel> ::smiles back at the girl:: Indeed we are.
[21:11] <@Birkin> Thats why they sent him to The Rock then. Colonials aren't people.
01[21:11] <@Savant> Caelin and Roland are met not by Scildfreja, but what looks like a walking minivan. It has a cluster of eye-cameras around where a bumper would be, and a broad-backed body filled with cargo bays on either side. The thing has a passive, pleasant electronic voice as it speaks in the Utopian's language.
01[21:12] <@Savant> Scildfreja, for her part, is on toe ther side of the road, covering the street for any observers.
[21:12] <@Roland> ::looks at Caelin:: What'd it say?
[21:12] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit and motions for roland to lower his weapon:: it's just ambithera
01[21:12] <@Savant> 5Ambithera Service Drone> [as] *beep* We report as requested, Lead Armiger.
[21:13] <@Roland> Ambiwhatthefuck?
01[21:13] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::She beams at the suggestion:: Are the Maribold still there, or did things go bad at Vega?
[21:14] <@Caelin> it's just reporting in, it's a multipurpose servant drone
[21:14] <@Detro> ::looks over his shoulder at the door and arches an eyebrow in interest:: More toys?
01[21:14] <@Savant> Lathander> ::Crosses his arms, for want of something to do with them:: Colonials are people. They jsut aren't... Earthers.
[21:14] <@Roland> ::grunts:: Well let's get it off the damned street.
[21:14] <@Birkin> Second class eh? You like being "Not Earthers" ?
[21:14] <@Melissa> ::Raises an eyebrow at Lathander's remark::
01[21:15] <@Savant> 5Ambithera Service Drone> ::The large drone walks into the garage area and hunkers down. Panels open on its sides, baring a pair of computer terminals:: *beep*
[21:15] <@Gabriel> ::smiles at the girl:: You're well informed. We were at Vega. Many were hurt or killed, but most got away.
01[21:16] <@Savant> Lathander> ::Scowls at Birkin:: There's nothing wrong with Earthers. Earthers are people like anyone else. I just want this war to be over.
[21:16] <@Roland> ...is there are particular reason you didn't mention this thing before? And what the hell are these for? ::indicates the terminals::
01[21:17] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::follows in behind the drone and pulls off her helmet as the garage door closes:: We've lost the Spidhra. I left some instruction traces for it. It's going to have to figure it out on its own. ::looks at Roland balefully as he interrupts::
01[21:17] <@Savant> 5Girl> I hope everyone is okay. ::hugs her toy truck tightly::
[21:17] <@Detro> ::gets up and wanders over to the Utopians and their new "Friend"
[21:17] <@Birkin> There is over 240,000 people in my home city that would like to have word with you on why Earthers are bad. Maybe Earthers are people. Hell maybe its their shithole government that's doing all of this. But right now, we have reason to disagree with your statement.
[21:18] <@Caelin> ::walks with the drone and connects his laptop to it and starts syncronization, then looks up at roland:: you didn't ask, and they're computer terminals, like my laptop
[21:18] <@Gabriel> ::holds a hand toward Birkin:: Relax.
[21:19] <@Gabriel> ::turns toward Lathander:: We want the war to be over, too. It is hurting everyone.
01[21:19] <@Savant> 5Ambithera Service Drone> *beep* This unit is an Ambithera class Field Autoservant.
[21:19] <@Detro> ::walking alongside, bends at the waist to look at the legs and such:: A laptop with legs... Hmm. So it has its own lap?
[21:19] <@Roland> Didn't a...are there any other drones we should know about?
01[21:20] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> The Waeps, the Spidhras, Sleca, and the Ambithera.
[21:20] <@Caelin> ::turns to freja:: it will be ok ::back to roland:: just those, thats all we could bring with us
01[21:21] <@Savant> Lathander> ::frowns a bit, but nods after a moment:: That - that's what they've been teaching us at the orphanage. How the war's going to end and the new Commonwealth is going to rise again.
[21:21] <@Mem> ::walks over and gives Ambithera an approving look over::
[21:21] <@Detro> ::backs off to let Mem in to look::
[21:22] <@Melissa> Captian...I did find something interesting about the Orphanage
[21:22] <@Detro> ::scratches his chin thoughtfully::
[21:22] <@Birkin> ::nods:: I know what you're going through kid. A lot of the things I was told early on turned out to be false. Some of them anyways.
[21:22] <@Gabri
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:22] <@Melissa> Captian...I did find something interesting about the Orphanage
[21:22] <@Detro> ::scratches his chin thoughtfully::
[21:22] <@Birkin> ::nods:: I know what you're going through kid. A lot of the things I was told early on turned out to be false. Some of them anyways.
[21:22] <@Gabriel> ::nods solemnly at Lathander:: That's what they believe, yes. But it isn't true.
[21:23] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Melissa and nods:: I'm all for learning something interesting.
[21:23] <@Detro> This thing have a tri-vid projector anywhere in it?
[21:23] <@Melissa> ::calls up the list of 100 'graduated' children from the orphanage:: All of these are likely part of an informer network
01[21:23] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Ambithera, Daysmin. ::she sits down on a pedistal that unfolds at the back of the drone. Small tool arms extend out form the interior of the machine, quickly cracking open the armoured shell of the exoskeleton to let its occupant free::
[21:23] <@Mem> Ambithera, what-- ::watches it open up::
[21:23] <@Melissa> The orphanage is run much like the SR's L'estrangeurs...
[21:23] <@Detro> ::blink::
[21:24] <@Roland> Whh...
[21:25] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit at the reaction::
[21:25] <@Detro> NOW I'm jealous. All these years of hopping out of cockpits...
[21:26] <@Birkin> ::stares at the exoskeleton for a few moments before leaning over to Roland:: Just when I think I got the universe licked, I see this shit
[21:26] <@Gabriel> ::nods grimly:: Good work getting that list.
[21:26] <@Roland> Remind me to buy stock in drone technology when we get home.
01[21:27] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::climbs out of the Armiger and then realizes that everyone is staring at her. She frowns a little bit and murmurs quietly:: It's a basic duty of Ambithera.
[21:27] <@Melissa> ::nods and switches back to the plans for the assassin drone::
[21:28] <@Detro> ::glances at Roland:: You kidding me? When Utopia starts trading with Terra Nova again, all the drone companies back home are just gonna pack it in. ::chuckle::
[21:28] <@Caelin> ::glances at detro:: we have a long way to go before that can happen
01[21:29] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::opens one of the side hatches of the Ambithera and pulls out a black wrapped package, instantly recognizeable as a ration pack. She sits on the hatch she just opened and shakes it up to prepare dinner::
[21:29] <@Gabriel> ::turns his attention back to the kids:: Now, is anyone hungry? Thirsty? We have to take one more trip tonight, but you can sleep through it if you want.
01[21:30] <@Savant> Lathander> ::A pause:: Yeah, we should eat. ::nudges his brother, and the other boy:: C'mon, we're Capricians, not pigeons.
[21:30] <@Detro> I'm guessing, but Ambi there has the equipment you'd need to do basic maintenance and repairs too, right?
[21:30] <@Caelin> ::reaches around and grabs himself a rationpack, then back to detro:: ambithera also carries for us
[21:31] <@Detro> ::whistles:: That's pretty slick.
[21:31] <@Gabriel> ::looks over his shoulder at Mem:: Make arrangements for us to leave the city tonight. Back to the Highlands with us.
01[21:31] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:31] <@Savant> seems a fine point to pause, and it's getting about the time.
[21:31] <@Gabriel> Aw. Was gonna get a line in about starting a One-Eyed Jack story. Wink
[21:31] <@Gabriel> Oh well.
01[21:31] <@Savant> Heh. make that log Wink
01[21:31] <@Savant> make that *a* log, even
03[21:31] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:32] <@Gabriel> ::makes a log for Savant:: Wink
01[21:32] <@Savant> there we have it! well done. It wasn't a trap after all.
[21:32] <@Roland> One week to prep Bastille, one or two week for it to go down, then it's back to TN
01[21:32] <@Savant> word.
01[21:32] <@Savant> You guys ready for it?
[21:32] <@Roland> No. Which is why we have a prep week. Wink
01[21:32] <@Savant> hewh
01[21:32] <@Savant> good point Wink
[21:32] <@Gabriel> ::grins::
[21:32] <@Gabriel> And yeah, we need to know if the Sanvits can be moved close to the exit or be part of the exit.
01[21:32] <@Savant> i will have a map for you this week. Satelite imagery of the place will be easily available
01[21:33] <@Savant> you'll find out next week
01[21:33] <@Savant> questions?
01[21:33] <@Savant> or, other questions i should say
[21:33] <@Gabriel> And we need one more session in Gomorrah before we leave, I think.
01[21:33] <@Savant> this is where the info is.
[21:33] <@Gabriel> a) To stock food for the trip home, and/or buy other stuff of interest.
01[21:33] <@Savant> What timeframe do you want the next game in?
01[21:33] <@Savant> ok
[21:33] <@Gabriel> b) To raid Hakkar's files for what they've learned about the exo.
[21:33] <@Detro> And to hopefully use the last of those intel points we have.
06[21:34] * @Savant nods
[21:34] <@Gabriel> (And Utopia in general, for that matter.)
[21:34] <@Caelin> also find out about the fate of that brave little spidhra:)
[21:34] <@Birkin> have we picked up those pea shooters yet?
01[21:34] <@Savant> okay. That'll be mostly behind the scenes rolling I think, but we can certainly get you that.
03[21:34] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has left #bt05
[21:34] <@Mem> c) kill Rasuul
[21:34] <@Birkin> we should arrange for that if we havent already
[21:34] <@Gabriel> We haven't RP'ed it, but it was in a teaser that we've got them.
03[21:34] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
01[21:34] <@Savant> aheehee, I loved dropping Rasuul on you today. That was awesome
03[21:34] * Detro sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
[21:34] <@Caelin> hey itz
01[21:35] <@Savant> who wants expees?
[21:35] <@Caelin> me!
[21:35] <@Itzpapalotl> Hey
[21:35] <@Birkin> meeee
01[21:35] <@Savant> one is for being here. Well done, you are here.
[21:35] <@Detro> More Ovaltine please!
01[21:35] <@Savant> Two is for being a team. Tell me how you were a team today.
[21:35] <@Caelin> we got the kids out
[21:35] <@Birkin> worked together to not get spotted, relayed information to one another. Kept one another from trying to nuke Rasuul Wink
[21:35] <@Caelin> hehe
[21:35] <@LrdVampyre> we managed to stay on target and not get distracted
[21:36] <@Roland> There was a lack of fuego ninos.
[21:36] <@Caelin> FUEGO!
[21:36] <@Birkin> We didnt kill anyone
[21:36] <@Detro> FUEGO!
[21:36] <@Gabriel> More specifically, everyone helped, everyone participated, everyone fulfilled a role.
[21:37] <@Detro> ::nod:: Excellent participation all around Smile
01[21:37] <@Savant> i think that's true, yes. Everyone did everything. I look forward to seeing this trend continue, too! You're getting better at it
01[21:37] <@Savant> there are a lot of strengths on this team. DOn't waste any of them.
01[21:37] <@Savant> that's two points. Third point is for storyline. tell me what you've learned today, and why it's important
[21:38] <@Birkin> CEF is using children to spy on the corps, because they don't trust them as far as they can spit.
[21:38] <@Detro> Forget Children of the Corn, Children of the Trench.
[21:38] <@Caelin> rasuul was in the area, though why we're not sure
01[21:39] <@Savant> the Commander of the 8th Fleet will be very upset with you for taking Her Children.
[21:39] <@Roland> Rasuul has time to put in public goodwill appearances.
[21:39] <@Gabriel> The CEF has forgotten about a fast victory.
[21:39] <@Birkin> She appears to rely more on stealth in that regard too
[21:39] <@Mem> And is deceptive in taking civilian transports
[21:39] <@Birkin> only a few GREL
[21:39] <@Birkin> Jester is right too.
[21:39] <@Gabriel> They've acknowledged, even to themselves now, that this is going to be a generational conflict, and they're now concentrating on the next generation.
[21:39] <@Gabriel> Rasuul apparently embraces this idea.
[21:40] <@Birkin> they wouldn't care about the kids if they thought they had a chance in hell of doing it this time around
[21:40] <@Detro> The Utopians have the equipment they need to operate effectively as independent warriors, which could mean problems getting a team environment working there.
01[21:40] <@Savant> the CID is like that. Long-term planning. They leave the brute force methods to the CEF. Always keep that in mind, that you have two very different beasts on your hands here.
[21:40] <@Birkin> That or else Rasuul is working on creating a powerbase of her own for a mini-fiefdom
01[21:40] <@Savant> that too, Birkin Wink
01[21:40] <@Savant> interesting point about the Utopians. what do you mean by it?
[21:41] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Yeah, that's a good point. But Birkin nailed it. There's a tremendous amount of resources being spent here. They wouldn't be bothering if they didn't expectt hat investment to pay off, well down the road.
[21:41] <@Detro> Well, there's just two of them here now. They spend lots of time with drones, which says to me that they're likely more accustomed to having drones at their command rather than teams of people.
01[21:41] <@Savant> legions of Slecas... mua hua hua hua
01[21:42] <@Savant> aheh ahem cough cough, yes.
[21:42] <@Detro> So I'd wager they're like how the CEF organizes: The token human in charge of drones and other stuff. The fact they have a support unit designed for automating armor removal in the field seems to speak to the fact that they have to operate like that often.
[21:42] <@Birkin> I hate it when GM's cackle
[21:42] <@Mem> legions of Slecas taking children from their beds
[21:42] <@Mem> The new boogeyman.
01[21:42] <@Savant> the centaur-hounds of hell D:
[21:42] <@Roland> "Careful, or the boogydrone will get you"
[21:42] <@Caelin> lol
01[21:42] <@Savant> hee
01[21:43] <@Savant> okay, that's three points. Four is for telling me something you liked out of this game and why.
[21:43] <@Gabriel> Having Rasuul right there and not being able to do a damn thing about it without screwing ourselves over.
[21:43] <@Gabriel> Very James Bond of you. Wink
01[21:43] <@Savant> i thought you'd like that Wink
[21:43] <@Roland> Roland being weird because he was forced to deal with children. Wink
[21:43] <@Caelin> i like giving the rest of the team new suprises from the utopians:P
01[21:44] <@Savant> hah, that was totally my favourite. Roland with a little girl holding his hand Wink
[21:44] <@Detro> Heh. We could have done something. More that if the teams outside HAD done something, I'd hope they would have headed away from the orphanage to lure the CID/CEF away Wink
[21:44] <@Detro> ::nods:: Watching Tynes and Roland deal with the kids, and their approaches.
[21:44] <@LrdVampyre> the fact that we didn't blow anything up and did a nice quiet/stealth commando mission
01[21:44] <@Savant> only tasered one poor school teacher. poor guy.
01[21:45] <@Savant> anyone else?
[21:45] <@Detro> Yeah, I kinda didn't like that, but ::shrugs::
[21:45] <@Birkin> The idea that Rasuul does PR work on the low
[21:46] <@Birkin> I thought she would be more open about it
01[21:46] <@Savant> she doens't want to get a bullet in her skull Wink
01[21:46] <@Savant> well done guys. Four points for all, five for Melissa.
[21:46] <@Birkin> She could take on a few more guards Wink
01[21:46] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:35] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:35] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:35] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
[18:35] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:35] <@Caelin> ::attn::
[18:35] <@Delgado> ::attn::
[18:35] <@Roland> ::attn::
[18:35] <@Melissa> ::attn::
[18:36] <@Mem> ::attn::
01[18:36] <@Savant> good evening and welcome yet again to *another* episode of the Black Talons. Good God, I can't believe we've been going this long without serious interruption.
[18:36] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
01[18:36] <@Savant> seriously, aren't you guys sick of me yet?
03[18:37] * Prescot (~shadow_fj@c-71-59-186-59.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:37] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
03[18:37] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
01[18:38] <@Savant> guess the silence means yes Wink In positive news, I'm told that the after-work meetings will be over soon.
[18:38] <@Caelin> if we were, that'd probably mean we'd have to be sick of ross by now too, right;)
[18:38] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: 5 years sick of me. Wink
[18:38] <@Detro> Hey Scotty? Here, have some water. ::hands him a glass::
01[18:39] <@Savant> heh heh
01[18:39] <@Savant> anyways, briefing, then I'll clearify things a bit,t ehn we can get going.
01[18:39] <@Savant> 2To Move a Mountain
01[18:39] <@Savant> 2 17 Lares 275LC, 2300h - Night - (22S TN1945)
01[18:39] <@Savant> 2 On the Road, Envry Hub, Gomorrah, Caprice.
01[18:39] <@Savant> 2 12 degrees Celcius, 8% humidity, 93 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:39] <@Savant> Momentum is everything. in strategy as well as tactics, when one is a Black Talon one must keep moving or be dead. To this effect the Talons have decided to quit Gomorrah quickly. The children they bring with them are all data-rigged, and it only seemed reasonable to get out before the search net really came down.
01[18:39] <@Savant> To that effect they have gotten vehicles from Baldren, along with some well-wishing and farewells, and are on their way to depart with their equipment and entourage. It's a lot of stuff. Fortunately, Baldren's less-than-legal "free rental" agency has been more than adequate to get whatever sort of ground transport you like.
01[18:39] <@Savant> Now's the time to finish up any business you have in Gomorrah. You likely will not get another chance, at least not until a gate transit or two.
01[18:39] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:39] <@Roland> ack
[18:40] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:40] <@Birkin> ack
[18:40] <@Detro> ack
[18:40] <@Delgado> ack
[18:40] <@Melissa> ack
[18:40] <@Mem> ack
01[18:40] <@Savant> clarification: I've made the bold assumption that you don't want to be staying still. Fair?
[18:41] <@Gabriel> Very fair.
[18:41] <@Melissa> i wouldn't mind getting off this rock
01[18:41] <@Savant> so, you get vehicles. You get to tell me what you want, too. Ground vehicles for the most part. Tell me what you want.
[18:41] <@Birkin> actual atmosphere would be nice
[18:42] <@Roland> We be truckin'
[18:42] <@Birkin> convoy...
01[18:42] <@Savant> you'll need at least one large cube-van-esque vehicle; since you've got the Octopus and some drones, and the Utopian's shit with you.
[18:42] <@Gabriel> Two vans, one actual, one decoy. Two fast groundcars, one to act as blocker for each van.
[18:43] <@Detro> Are we arming these things, or we going to go with guile and try to blend in?
[18:43] <@Gabriel> If it looks like "your" van is gonna get pulled over, the blockers do something blatantly illegal to get a ticket and draw the attention on themselves.
[18:43] <@Gabriel> Nah, no weapons.
[18:43] <@Roland> Well.
01[18:43] <@Savant> i'll want to know who's driving what, too.
[18:43] <@Gabriel> So, good actors driving each van. Good drivers driving the blockers.
[18:43] <@Roland> The van'll probably have a machine gun/anti-tank rocket or two in the back. Wink
[18:43] <@Detro> Pilot/Ground 2/2/+2
[18:43] <@Gabriel> Detro, blocker for the real van.
01[18:43] <@Savant> I suggest your hackers keep their hands free in general, so that they can take advantage of that wonderful wireless to do investigation while you travel.
[18:44] <@Melissa> pilot ground 3/2 +1
[18:44] <@Gabriel> Ah, true.
[18:44] <@Delgado> I suck at piloting. Wink
[18:44] <@Caelin> where are we heading anyway, to the pillar where we smuggled in stuff?
[18:44] <@Gabriel> To Baldren's store.
01[18:44] <@Savant> no. Another exit that's being facilitated by the Liberati
[18:44] <@Caelin> ahh
[18:44] <@Gabriel> Or another exit that's being facilitated by the Liberati. Wink
06[18:45] * @Savant grins
01[18:45] <@Savant> not the store. Store's been hot, apparently
[18:45] <@Gabriel> Also, it'd be nice to close up our Hakkar business tonight.
01[18:46] <@Savant> certainly. I'll let you do that, no problem.
01[18:46] <@Savant> everyone know where they are? Anyone want anything else before we start?
[18:47] <@Gabriel> Melissa, drive the real blocker. Gabriel and Delgado will drive the real van. Roland, drive the decoy blocker. Mem and Caelin will drive the decoy van. Detro, join the decoy team somwhere.
[18:47] <@Caelin> who's in what vehicle? i assume the utopians are on a van with their stuff
[18:47] <@Roland> ::goes to check his Pilot/Ground::
[18:47] <@Delgado> woot.
[18:47] <@Mem> Mem has a skill 1 ground pilot.
[18:47] <@Caelin> ahh ok
[18:47] <@Detro> Hmm.
[18:47] <@Melissa> kk
[18:47] <@Gabriel> Once the real team is safe, the decoy team should break off, head for the Hakkar area, drive down to Beta level, and see if you can tap into their data lines somewhere.
[18:47] <@Roland> Yeah, I don't have Pilot/Ground. Wink
[18:48] <@Gabriel> We should still have the IP address for that Hakkar server we saw several weeks back. That fair, Savant?
01[18:48] <@Savant> sure is.
[18:48] <@Caelin> well, caelin has 2/2 pilotground
[18:48] <@Gabriel> You can use Pilot/Gear and subtract two dice, Fras.
[18:48] <@Detro> You mean, get a vehicle and decoy on my own, or get in the decoy blocker or decoy van?
[18:48] <@Roland> Although if he's a Decoy, I guess that makes sense. He'll fuck up and do something stupid without even trying.
[18:48] <@Gabriel> Go with the decoy van, Detro.
[18:48] <@Detro> Okydoke
[18:49] <@Gabriel> Real van with the kids will be scrambled to hell and gone.
[18:49] <@Gabriel> Savant, can we rig up one of the datarigs we bought to transmit as if it were one of the kids'?
01[18:50] <@Savant> you can work on that en-route, but yes. It'll require electronics and computers rolls
[18:50] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Decoy van should carry that in it, set to transmit intermittently, a second or two or so every few minutes.
01[18:50] <@Savant> questions? anything else that needs to be addressed?
[18:51] <@Mem> Yeah, what happens when Mem wrecks the van?
[18:51] <@Gabriel> Try not to. Wink
[18:51] <@Mem> Wait, how are two people driving one van?
[18:51] <@Gabriel> Does Caelin have Pilot/Ground?
[18:51] <@Caelin> [20:47:59] <Caelin> well, caelin has 2/2 pilotground
[18:51] <@Gabriel> ::nods::
[18:52] <@Mem> k. You drive it. Mem will sit alongside. Wink
[18:52] <@Gabriel> Either Caelin drives and Mem/Detro do the rig programming, or Mem drives and Caelin/Detro do the rig programming.
[18:52] <@Mem> Er...
[18:52] <@Detro> Whoever isn't driving can also to electronic sniffing around while we're on the go.
[18:52] <@Mem> What is rig programming?
01[18:52] <@Savant> computer programming
[18:52] <@Mem> Nevermind.
[18:52] <@Mem> I had to scroll up.
01[18:53] <@Savant> anyone? that's it? All good to go?
[18:53] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Program one of our fake rigs to impersonate one of the kids, just for a few minutes and while you drive in the opposite direction. Wink Once we're clear, just shut the fake rig down. If you DO get pulled over, hide the fake rig (WELL) and they can search the van for a kid all they want and not find one.
[18:54] <@Gabriel> I presume datarigs are very tiny if they're implanted in people's skulls. ::shudders::
01[18:54] <@Savant> doing anything to the kid's rigs?
01[18:54] <@Savant> they're tiny, yeah.
[18:54] <@Gabriel> Just surrounding them with scramblers. Do the Liberati know of a better way to hide a rig?
01[18:55] <@Savant> how many scramblers do you have?
[18:55] <@Mem> brb
01[18:55] <@Savant> they gave you two headbands that were capable of hiding a rig signature. they dont' know any other way to do it
[18:55] <@Gabriel> 5
01[18:55] <@Savant> okay.
[18:55] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Use both, then, just to be safe.
01[18:56] <@Savant> the two Sanvit kids getting the scrambler headbands?
[18:56] <@Gabriel> Yeah.
01[18:56] <@Savant> okay.
01[18:56] <@Savant> anything else?
01[18:56] <@Savant> going once?
01[18:57] <@Savant> going twice?
01[18:57] <@Savant> sold!
[18:57] <@Gabriel> Police band radio?
[18:57] <@Gabriel> Any such animal?
[18:57] <@Gabriel> And/or can we modify the comm gear we've got to pick up the appropriate frequency?
01[18:57] <@Savant> each corpserf company has their own band; though it's all regulated by the CRA
01[18:57] <@Savant> and yes, you can; it's not hard. We can do that in game.
01[18:58] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:58] <@Gabriel> ::finishes hiding four scramblers in various locations in the interior of the main van::
01[18:58] <@Savant> The TAlons have just pulled out of the pollution-ridden industrial/habitation block in Envry district that has been their home for the past few days and have made it out onto the open road - open for Gomorrah anyways.
[18:59] <@Detro> DVan> ::checks the data rig emulator to make sure it's working::
[18:59] <@Roland> ::keeps his distance from the decoy van as they move through the city, chomping away on the gum in his mouth as he changes gears::
01[19:00] <@Savant> The roads aren't really gridlocked - Gomorrah has lethally eficcient traffic flow - but the press of traffic is certainly present. Large signs post speed limits, a little after than the Terranovans are used to.
[19:00] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::keeps checking the rear view to keep an eye on the van::
[19:01] <@Mem> DVan> ::sits in the passenger seat with his laptop, looking at intel::
[19:01] <@Detro> DVan> Mem? Rig's ready for the programming.
[19:02] <@Mem> Mem> ::reaches back and takes it, then plugs it in::
[19:02] <@Delgado> MV> ::sits in the passenger side, tapping her foot nervously though she -looks- calm enough::
[19:02] <@Caelin> DVan>::doesn't have much trouble figuring out what all the controls did in the van and is now cruising down the road::
[19:04] <@Mem> DVan> ::runs his reprogramming script on the rig, one headphone on listening to some music, bobbing his head casually::
[19:04] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::gets the main van moving in an unspectacular but at least competent fashion:: Damn automatics...
01[19:04] <@Savant> There's little trouble - the little convoy of Talons begins to get on the road and settle into the flow of traffic. The road is a suspended causeway which vibrates troublingly in the crosswinds.
[19:04] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::calls to the back:: Everyone OK back there?
[19:04] <@Birkin> DVan> ::stays in the back of the decoy van, whistling softly, waiting for his part to be played in this part of the movie::
[19:04] <@Roland> ::continues slowly chewing on the gum in his mouth -- he was rationing it now, having started to run low in the last week or so based upon what he brought with him::
01[19:05] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::beams at Gabriel:: You don't drive very much.
[19:05] <@Detro> DVan> ::looks down at his data glove... he has its feelers out, just listening to the flood of data networks whiz by::
[19:06] <@Mem> DVan> ::blinks:: It didn't work. Oh wait, there it goes.
[19:06] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::flips through some radio channels while driving ahead of her van::
[19:06] <@Mem> DVan> All right, give me the others.
[19:06] <@Detro> DVan> ::hands the next one up::
01[19:07] <@Savant> After a few minutes Melissa has scrolled past several music and news stations, and has managed to home in on a Corpserf band.
[19:07] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::grins over his shoulder:: Not trucks like this one, not very much.
[19:07] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::starts fiddling with his own radio, looking for the local corporate security band::
[19:08] <@Delgado> RVan> ::"coughs" behind her hand::
01[19:08] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::looks at Delgado:: Do terranovans only drive Gears?
[19:09] <@Detro> DVan> ::going back to his data glove, sorts through the comm traffic, looking for specific channels -- preferrably corpserf and CEF bands::
[19:09] <@Birkin> ::looks up at the Utopian driving and thinks of a half a moment:: So you drive alot back home?
[19:09] <@Birkin> DVan>
01[19:09] <@Savant> Gabriel tunes into the same band a few moments later. It's relatively quiet for now, save for occasional reports - mostly traffic violations.
[19:09] <@Roland> DCar> ::divides his attention while he drives between the decoy van's position and the other cars on the road, paying attention for corpserf or other security force vehicles::
[19:10] <@Delgado> RVan> No, no. ::grins:: There's other vehicles. And some people drive -animals-.
[19:10] <@Mem> DVan> OK, they seem to be good to go. ::hands them back::
[19:10] <@Caelin> DVan>::shrugs::some
01[19:11] <@Savant> The Talons pass by a cluster of large, white towers - Envry Arco. They are like white spires of pure marble jutting out of ashy wastes. The contrast between rich and poor was never so stark.
[19:11] <@Mem> DVan> ::looks up at the towers, grinning:: I love this place.
[19:12] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::watches the buildings go by, then suddenly thinks of Franklin Harbor and realizes he's taking the first steps on the journey back home::
[19:12] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::smiles to himself::
01[19:12] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::She screws up her face, clearly disbelieving:: You can't drive animals.
[19:12] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::listens to the channel while looking at the scenery around::
[19:13] <@Mem> ::hums along with the tune on his headphone, glancing over at Caelin, who was still strangely exotic--even his driving::
[19:13] <@Birkin> DVan> Hm. So you're going to come back to TerraNova with us?
01[19:13] <@Savant> The police channel is playing quiet classical-styled music in the background, behind the occasional dispatch chatter. There's apparently a big accident that is being cleared up down the road some distance, but you'll be turning off before too long.
[19:13] <@Delgado> RVan. ::nods sagely:: Oh yes you can. Some people ride big mean ol' lizards that are bigger than you are.
[19:13] <@Detro> DVan> ::looks up briefly from his efforts... but he seems pretty neutral about it::
[19:14] <@Detro> DVan> ::listens in on his earplug for a while:: So far, so good. No activity on the CEF or corpserf bands.
01[19:14] <@Savant> The childrens' eyes are as wide as the moons of Terra Nova as they listen to Delgado. The idea of an animal being larger than a person was clearly outside of their imagination.
[19:15] <@Melissa> +com+ There's an accident up the way, but shouldn't cause a problem for us
[19:15] <@Caelin> DVan>apparently, you're captain wants to go back before going to my home, so scildfreja and i will have to go too
[19:15] <@Caelin> <<again your>>
01[19:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ ::from the box of the decoy van:: We can't be long on Terra Nova.
[19:17] <@Mem> DVan> ::tunes out while they drive, letting those who get paid to be especially alert do so--he looked over some geological maps and solar weather forecasts::
01[19:17] <@Savant> The road scrolls the worls past you, a grey ribbon stretched across a stone and steel skyscape. Cables and girders span the space above you and run beneath you, but the road itself somehow seems to float in the air, unsupported. It's clearly a trick of the eyes.
[19:17] <@Detro> DVan> ::shrugs:: Can't be long in anything as it is. We need to keep the CEF reeling.
[19:17] <@Birkin> DVan> Yeah, it would be ill advised to head off into the teeth of your world without more reinforcements from TerraNova. ::looks at the box then gives it a scowl:: If they need us for a mission or two on home its not like we can refuse them.
[19:17] <@Gabriel> RVan> She's right, believe it ir not. It's not common, but it happens.
[19:18] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::mutters to himself:: Fucking girders.
01[19:18] <@Savant> 5Girl> Why are they so big?
[19:18] <@Caelin> DVan>+subcom+ i know freja, i'm sure captain tynes will do what he can to expedite our return home with them
[19:19] <@Detro> DVan> ::keeps the two bands on his earpiece, watching the data networks slide by::
[19:20] <@Delgado> RVan> ::holds her tongue, really tempted to say 'The better to eat you with' and just shrugs instead:: Everything on Terra Nova is bigger.
[19:20] <@Melissa> +com+ I've got what looks like radar towers just infront of our turn-off
01[19:20] <@Savant> 5Girl> Are people bigger? Are you small for Terranovans?
[19:20] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::grins::
[19:20] <@Roland> DBlocker> +subvoc+ Hey guys, there's somethin' up ahead on the turnoff. Transmitters or some shit.
[19:21] <@Mem> DVan> ::looks up and tries to get a visual on the towers::
[19:21] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ LIDAR.
[19:22] <@Birkin> A what?
01[19:22] <@Savant> Melissa's telling the truth. Up ahead and approaching quickly is a turn-off, with a pair of light-poles-with-sensor-domes on either side.
[19:22] <@Gabriel> RVan> +com+ Part of the city's defenses?
[19:22] <@Caelin> DVan>::hears roland and glances back a bit:: would this be a good time to try out that reprogrammed rig?
[19:22] <@Delgado> RVan> Naa, the people are the same size. Just the animals. One day, I should show you a Badland Bitterbug. ::holds her hands out to show it's size:: Big as your head.
[19:22] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::checks her speed to make sure she's not speeding when coming up on the two towers::
[19:22] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ What the hell do they need LIDAR for? This a damned speed trap?
[19:23] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ Hard to say. Could be geological, could be weather, could be for Utopian speed demons.
01[19:23] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::opens her mouth wide open, almost comically:: Wow! How do you keep them?
[19:23] <@Mem> DVan> ::glances over at Caelin, smirking, then peeking to check his speed::
[19:24] <@Detro> DVan> ::moves to get a view of the sensor dome::
[19:24] <@Caelin> DVan>::double checks the speedometer as well:: i'm driving the limit here
[19:25] <@Delgado> RVan> Naa, they're not for keeping. They're for -eating-. ::grins as their reactions:: They're good at storing water in their bodies, so if you're ever caught in the Badlands without water, there you go. Just crack 'em open and have a drink. Whatever is left over makes good BBQ.
[19:25] <@Detro> DVan> ::gets a better view as they approach...::
[19:25] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::prepares to join the kids in a chorus of "EWWWWWWW" should they start one::
[19:26] <@Detro> DVan> Damn. That's no LIDAR, that's a multipurpose active sensor!
01[19:26] <@Savant> The Talons pass by the pair of towers without incident as Delgado keeps the kids enraptured. There's a chorus of "EWWWWW" from the two Gomorran boys, but the Liberati kids don't seem nearly as fased by the idea.
01[19:28] <@Savant> 5Girl> Is there no water on Terra Nova?
[19:28] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::keeps her eyes peeled and listening to the radio as she keeps ahead of the van::
[19:28] <@Birkin> DVan> Great way to keep an eye on everyone and everything.
[19:28] <@Detro> DVan> +com+ Domes are not LIDAR, they're multisensors, and they're active. ::holds hand to his ear as he listens to the corpserf and CEF bands::
01[19:28] <@Savant> 5Radio> I've got a blip on the EV291, moving onto 297.
[19:29] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ Yeah. They're pointed at the road.
[19:29] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ Everyone get ready.
[19:29] <@Mem> Dvan> ::takes out his music headphone and closes his laptop::
[19:30] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::subconciously touches the spot at the base of his neck where his rig was implanted as they near the dome, wanting to be rid of the thing as soon as possible::
[19:30] <@Detro> DVan> +com+ Just picked up a transmission that sounds like they spotted a rig.
[19:31] <@Birkin> DVan> ::begins to observe things outside the van, keeping a eye outside as best can::
[19:31] <@Detro> DVan> ::off-comm:: Question is, did they pick US up, or the kids?
[19:32] <@Detro> DVan> ::listens more, hoping to maybe catch them issuing instructions to intercepting units::
[19:32] <@Mem> DVan> ::leans forward and keeps his eyes peeled for inbound authorities on Detro's report::
[19:32] <@Gabriel> RVan> There's some water. +com+ Decoy team, break off, now now now. See you on the other side.
[19:33] <@Gabriel> RVan> I live in a city by a large lake. And there are other large lakes on Terra Nova.
[19:33] <@Detro> DVan> Hey Mem? Better put those rigs on the floor or something where you can step on them to destroy them. Just in case.
[19:33] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ Copy.
01[19:33] <@Savant> The Talons begin ascending once they get onto the turn-off, up and up and up; the road also eventually braids up overtop and past the EV291 highway. It's almost impossible to imagine the traffic system of this place, but it does seem to work.
[19:33] <@Caelin> DVan>::watches the road and mirrors for any sign of corpserf or cef vehicles::
[19:33] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::speeds up a little, closing the gap between his position and the position of the decoy van::
[19:34] <@Birkin> DVan> ::looks about, trying to spot a cop vehicle as best he can::
01[19:34] <@Savant> 5Radio> This is 919 on EV291. I have this one, guys.
[19:34] <@Mem> DVan> ::could've sworn he handed the rigs back to Detro, but puts them on the console between himself and Caelin::
[19:35] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::Keeps an eye on her van and the road ahead::
[19:35] <@Detro> DVan> +com+ We've got an intercepting unit on EV291...
[19:35] <@Detro> DVan> ::having missed the maneuvers they made while keeping an ear out on the reports:: We still on EV291?
[19:36] <@Caelin> DVan>::breaks from the main convoy:: we should be on 297 now
01[19:36] <@Savant> The road levels off a little. The two decoy cars, sleek and low-to-the-ground sportscars, barely noticed the incline at all. The vans are finally able to resume cruising speed.
[19:36] <@Detro> DVan> ::reaches out and steadies the fauxrigs::
[19:36] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::keeps his voice casual as he describes Franklin Harbar and the nearby Lake Clearwater to the kids, keeping his eye on the road::
01[19:37] <@Savant> 5Kids> ::listen to Gabriel. It's clear that they're incredulous, not being able to imagine so much water::
[19:38] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::keeps a close eye out for nearby Corporate Security or CEF vehicles::
01[19:38] <@Savant> 5Lathander> Mom used to bring us to a swimming pool in Paladin Lots sometimes.
[19:38] <@Detro> DVan> Next exit? Anyone see what it was?
[19:39] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::hums quietly to herself as she continues to run ahead of the van::
[19:39] <@Mem> DVan> ::opens his laptop again and pulls up a street-level map::
[19:39] <@Melissa> +com+ I've got a drone coming up in my rearview
[19:39] <@Delgado> RVan> ::actually shudders a bit at Gabriel's explanation of so much water::
[19:39] <@Roland> +com+ Uhhhh...got an air drone coming up from behind.
01[19:39] <@Savant> There's a right hand turn up ahead, leading vehicles back down into the smog below. Lights are faint yellow glows through the haze.
[19:39] <@Birkin> DVan> Where's this thing at.
[19:40] <@Caelin> DVan>::smirk a bit and is about to comment on wether mem should ask for direction but catches a glimpse of something in the mirrors:: hmm, looks like we got drones following
[19:40] <@Detro> DVan> No sudden moves for that exit. Act natural. Last thing we need is to look like we KNOW they're there yet.
[19:41] <@Mem> DVan> ::looks on the map, which shows a multicolored spidery sprawl of the nearby roads::
[19:41] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::chuckles:: Then you're welcome to come swimming with me and my kids any time.
01[19:41] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ What kind of drones?
[19:41] <@Roland> +com+ Ducted. Two to a side.
[19:42] <@Melissa> +com+ long and sleek body
01[19:42] <@Savant> 5Lathander> ::closes his mouth pensively::
[19:42] <@Detro> DVan> ::listens to the comms and frowns::
[19:42] <@Caelin> DVan> ::keeps to the speed limit until he's told where to turn:: +com+what the talons said
01[19:42] <@Savant> 5Girl> How did Terra Nova get so much water? That's a lot of asteroids.
[19:43] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ Keep going. ::keeps studying the map::
[19:43] <@Gabriel> RVan> Terra Nova had water on it when the first colonists arrived there. Most planets that we can live on have at least some water.
01[19:43] <@Savant> The Talons split up. Their tail, a slender-bodied VTOL drone with a bulbous multi-camera "head" swoops down to follow the decoy
[19:44] <@Detro> DVan> ::looks back at Birkin:: Did the drones follow them or us?
[19:44] <@Gabriel> RVan> +com+ Drones are on you, decoy team. Don't get dead.
[19:44] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ Drone's taken the bait.
[19:44] <@Caelin> DVan>::looks in the mirror again:: us
[19:44] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::accelerates a bit to open the distance::
[19:44] <@Birkin> DVan> ::looks backwards for a moment:: Yup. Right on our ass.
[19:45] <@Mem> DVan> ::looks to see where they were heading in relation to the giant towers::
01[19:45] <@Savant> 5Radio> They just passed the 297 gate, going back to 297B. I'm doing a trace on the rigs.
[19:45] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::matches speed with her van::
[19:45] <@Delgado> RVan>> ::nods idly:: In some places, there's so much water that you'll get sick of it. ::leaves off 'like me'::
[19:45] <@Detro> DVan> Well, that's one mission accompli... hang on. +com+ Be advised, they're scanning our fake rigs.
[19:45] <@Roland> Dblocker> ::idly wonders whether he ought to slow down, let the drone pass, and shoot a fan off::
[19:46] <@Gabriel> RVan> +com+ Go intermittent.
01[19:46] <@Savant> 5Girl> Why would you get sick of water? You need water.
[19:47] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::hopes that the Lieutenant was paying attention during the mission briefing::
01[19:48] <@Savant> 5Radio> ALL UNITS ALL UNITS We have suspected kidnappers on EV297B. Move to intercept at best speed. Hostages are expected to be present.
[19:48] <@Detro> DVan> +com+ We've been made.
[19:49] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::hearing that, begins to slow and allows the drone to catch up::
[19:49] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ Roland, when the patrols get close, do your worst. We'll duck down.
[19:49] <@Melissa> RBlocker> This is going to be fun
[19:49] <@Birkin> DVan> Well, time for the fun to start?
01[19:49] <@Savant> The Decoy team rolls along at a good clip, down down through the smog layer, as if descending through stormclouds. Glittering lights up haead look like downtown Marathon before Operation Icarus.
[19:50] <@Delgado> RVan> ::shrugs:: Some people on Terra Nova are as different as night and day. Some are used to lots of water. I lived where there was hardly any. I guess... the idea of a lot of water in one place is a bit... disturbing. ::smirks::
[19:50] <@Gabriel> RVan> +com+ Looks like we're clear, Melissa, but stay watchful in case we pick up a tail, too.
[19:50] <@Caelin> DVan>shall i take evasive action?
[19:50] <@Detro> DVan> ::says that with an almost unnatural calm, then continues, curious:: Odd. I would have thought they'd check us for heat signatures or something. We're a bit big for kids.
[19:50] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::begins whistling a tune that had been playing on the radio a couple of moments before, reaching down underneath his seat and pulling his revolver out from the floorboard and setting it on his lap::
01[19:50] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::Keeps pace with the van - it doesn't seem to care about Roland::
[19:51] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::speeds up as the Drone passes him, keeping it just off his front left quarter::
[19:51] <@Mem> DVan> We need to lose the drone.
[19:52] <@Detro> DVan> Shouldn't be too hard. Just find any structure we can drive into.
01[19:52] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+Aim witten may harness.
[19:52] <@Birkin> DVan> How do you suggest we do that LT? Outside of blowing it up.
[19:52] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::moves from whistling to humming, and hits the window control to lower it::
[19:53] <@Mem> DVan> ::looks at his map again:: We'll drop down to Beta in a second.
[19:53] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::Scans the area around her, making sure that there was no one else following the real van::
01[19:53] <@Savant> 5Girl> ::purses her lips:: You don't need a suit on Terra Nova, do you?
[19:54] <@Caelin> DVan>+subcom+[AS] alright, but don't expect me to slow down to let you off ::grins::
[19:54] <@Gabriel> RVan> Nope, no suits. You can walk around almost anywhere.
[19:54] <@Delgado> RVan> ::grins:: Just a bathing suit.
[19:54] <@Detro> DVan> ::Frowns:: Actually, check that. Those bastards probably have our rigs scanned now. Gonna make it hard to get out.
01[19:55] <@Savant> The smog layer clears and opens up a broad, glittering forest of lights. As the Decoy team gets closer they can see a busy entertainment sector encircled around the massive white Envry towers.
02[19:55] * @Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] Wouldn't dream of it. ::she seems rather amused::
[19:56] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ Act surprised.
[19:56] <@Melissa> +com+ Another set of sensor towers ahead
01[19:57] <@Savant> 5Lathander> Anywhere? Like, you wear bathing suits everywhere?
01[19:57] <@Savant> 5Girl> What's a bathing suit?
[19:57] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::glances around for a moment, then pulls up the revolver and sets his arm on the window sill, the weapon resting over the side mirror as he aims at the drone::
01[19:57] <@Savant> 5Jerome> Is that where we're going?
[19:57] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ We're going to drop to Beta like we planned. Then we'll move away from these sensors.
[19:57] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::cleanly squeezes the trigger::
[19:58] <@Caelin> DVan>::to mem:: just tell me where to turn
[19:58] <@Detro> DVan> ::frowns, part of a plan forming in his head... he keeps an ear to the dispatch band though, hoping to know where they might be setting up roadblocks or ambushes::
03[19:58] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[19:58] * Detro sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
[19:58] <@Delgado> RVan> ::"coughs" again, sometimes forgetting herself:: No, you wear regular clothes most of the time.
[19:58] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::laughs:: One hopes, anyway.
01[19:59] <@Savant> The drone takes a bullet in its bulbous head, which shatters. The thing veers off to one side and slams into a pillar.
01[20:00] <@Savant> 5Radio> I have another contact; set of flagged rigs. Are they crawling out of the woodwork today?
[20:00] <@Roland> ::pulls the weapon inside, sets it down on his lap, and hits the window to roll back up while 'swerving' on the road as the thing explodes as if it were unexpected::
01[20:01] <@Savant> 5Radio> Units 74 and 110 are responding to the five-one-five. Someone call EnvryCo and let'em know what's up. Don't worry about the charge, this one's a freebie.
[20:01] <@Melissa> +com+ We may have been made
[20:01] <@Detro> DVan> ::winces::
01[20:02] <@Savant> Above, the real van zips along the road, past another set of sensor towers. The road continues on, leaving the white walls of Envry behind them.
[20:02] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ All right. Drone's gone, let's move.
01[20:03] <@Savant> 5Radio> I just lost track of 919B. Do we have any other tails around?
01[20:04] <@Savant> 5Radio> We've got a garage over here. Pass the tracer over to ESC 1. We'll send out the swarm.
[20:04] <@Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, Melissa. ::continues listening::
01[20:04] <@Savant> Roland puts his gun aside and checks his side window - he spots some dude in a subcompact with a phone to his ear and his mouth wide open in surprise.
[20:05] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::looks at the man at brings a finger to his mouth, then gives him the 'wink and the gun'::
[20:06] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ Roland, next exit to Beta level. We need to change direction before they find us again.
01[20:06] <@Savant> 5Radio> I need a follow-up on that second hit. The rig reply is strange. They're operating some illegal equipment in there. That's Corpmil RF.
[20:06] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ Copy that.
[20:06] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::keeps his car alongside the man's so he can't get a look at his license plate, and eyes for the exit to beta level::
01[20:06] <@Savant> The "decoy" team is about to enter a crowded metropolitan area. Roland can see flashing red and yellow lights in the crowds
[20:07] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::whistles another tune as she hears the corp talking:: +com+ I think they don't like our broadcasting frequency on that van.
01[20:07] <@Savant> 5Car-Dude> ::goes ashen white and takes the next turn-off::
[20:08] <@Gabriel> +com+ Sounds like us, Melissa. Prepare to change course a bit. ::pulls up a map and looks around for either a nearby high-security area or a place to hide out for a bit::
[20:08] <@Melissa> +com+ I've got a drone coming up laterally to us...will intercept us in a few minutes
01[20:09] <@Savant> Out from the corporate playground surrounding Envry Tower comes a cluster of bobbing drones - four of them. They're similar to the one that Roland just bagged, though painted in a dark grey
[20:09] <@Gabriel> +com+ I'm dropping down to Beta for a bit. Start scouting out a way for me to come back up.
[20:09] <@Roland> +com+ More fun coming. Where's that fucking exit?
[20:10] <@Gabriel> ::takes the next offramp off the causeway and heads for the closest Beta ramp::
[20:10] <@Detro> DVan> Mem, I think we'd better be ready to try to hack the drones, if we can.
[20:10] <@Gabriel> << RVan on both of those >>
01[20:11] <@Savant> 5Radio> That scrambled signal is heading off - is that a drone, taht truck? Do we have an unlicenced drone here?
[20:11] <@Melissa> RBlocker> +com+ Roger that ::begins to scan the road while calling up a map on her display, looking for routes for the van::
[20:11] <@Mem> DVan> ::bites his lower lip, then looks up whether he can hack a drone with the laptop or not::
01[20:12] <@Savant> 5Girl> Are we in trouble?
[20:12] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::begins taking the Beta exit:: +com+ We going left or right, folks? Someone get a fucking map. Fast.
[20:12] <@Gabriel> RVan> No, honey, we're OK. Delgado, see if you can pull up the licensed drone frequencies.
[20:13] <@Detro> DVan> +com+ Left.
[20:13] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ Just get off the road. Left. ::repeats to Caelin:: Follow them left.
[20:13] <@Detro> DVan> +com+ I've got a good feeling about left today.
01[20:13] <@Savant> The Talons slide off of the main road and down a ramp, down down into another layer of smog. This is blacker and heavier, forcing you to rely on your lights and the GPS systems you have.
[20:13] <@Caelin> DVan>::nods and slows up enough to make the left then speeds back up::
[20:13] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::goes left::
01[20:13] <@Savant> A cluster of four dim lights follow in behind. Little traffic is coming this way otherwise.
[20:14] <@Delgado> RVan> ::nods once and offers the children a brief, reassuring smile before looking up frequencies::
[20:14] <@Gabriel> RVan> We might have to play a little game with those headbands in a few minutes. They're picking up the scramblers, I think.
[20:15] <@Mem> DVan> ::plots a course away from the big sensors, that might provide some more cover::
[20:15] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ Four More. I won't be able to get more than two before they fucking turn.
01[20:15] <@Savant> Meanwhile, the other group is heading down into the smog as well, and into a forest of pillars. Buildings and street ligths flit past in a quick, close-up blur as you travel.
[20:16] <@Birkin> DVan> Anything on how to lose these bastards?
01[20:17] <@Savant> 5Radio> The drone's gone onto the EV112. We've got three skuttlebugs over there, moving in.
[20:17] <@Caelin> DVan>+subcom+you might need to take a peek out the back and try to pick off our followers freja
01[20:18] <@Savant> 5Radio> Hostage situation confirmed. They're moving down into EnvryCo Processing. Slag! Get me some hot assets.
[20:18] <@Birkin> DVan> ::Frowns:: That doesn't sound good
[20:19] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::frowns:: They really need to work on their procedures. There's no way they could have confirmed anything.
[20:20] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::finds a place to pull over for a second and stops:: Delgado, keep looking up those frequencies.
01[20:20] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Do you want me to take out these hostiles?
[20:20] <@Delgado> RVan> ::her leg starts tapping again, causing the screen to bounce on her lap as she shakes her head:: I have a list here, but I don't know who is using what.
[20:20] <@Gabriel> ::heads for the back of the van:: OK, kids, we're gonna play a game for a few minutes. Jerome, come over here and sit next to Lathander.
[20:20] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ More drones start blowing up, they're gonna know shit's going down.
[20:20] <@Detro> DVan> ::continues to listen to the dispatches:: Better think of something quick, LT.
01[20:20] <@Savant> The kids are worried despite Gabriel's encouragement. They follow along but don't say anything.
[20:21] <@Melissa> +com+ Could try to try scrambling the drones' feed? Other than that, not sure what else to suggest.
[20:21] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ Take the second left. Going to head down into a power plant area.
[20:21] <@Gabriel> Emanna, you come over and sit here next to John.
[20:22] <@Caelin> DVan>+com+what do you suggest Mr Roland? ::nods to mem's suggestion and takes the left indicated::
[20:22] <@Gabriel> ::once they're positioned, expands Jerome's headband:: John, lean this way. ::expands it to fit over John's head::
01[20:22] <@Savant> The Decoy team gets under the smog layer and into a confused clutter of grey buildings suspected in a gridwork of steel. Roads branch off like veins from the main road. Up ahead are two more of these slim VTOL drones, waiting for the Talons.
01[20:23] <@Savant> 5John> ::leans forwards::
[20:23] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ I suggest you come up with a fucking way to either get rid of them or take them all out at the same time. I just shoot.
[20:23] <@Gabriel> ::while he works, to Delgado:: Give me three or four of them.
[20:23] <@Gabriel> ::once John and Jerome are set, heads for Emanna and Lathander:: OK, your turn. ::smiles encouragingly::
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Ardelmos. Can you hit the ones ahead of us? Quickly?
[20:24] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ I'm hoping this power plant provides some interference. Enough to shake free.
01[20:24] <@Savant> 5Emanna> Are you trying to trick the drones?
[20:24] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ Hit? Yes. Better cross your fucking fingers, though. ::starts accelerating::
[20:25] <@Gabriel> Yes, exactly. ::finishes up the other two and smiles:: This is just for a bit. I have some radios here interfering with your datarigs, but we're being tracked by those radios.
[20:25] <@Gabriel> I need to turn them off for a few minutes and change their frequencies.
01[20:25] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Give me a signal when you are about to fire. I will dispose of this Gomorran trash.
[20:25] <@Gabriel> ::heads for the back of the van:: Delgado, I need those frequencies. ::starts shutting off scramblers::
[20:26] <@Caelin> DVan>::watches the car ahead speed up more::i don't...is he going to ram them?
[20:26] <@Roland> Dblocker> Always with the fucking insanity. Just once I'd like to actually kill someone properly. ::continues accelerating::
[20:26] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::crosses his fingers and turns off the last scrambler, then takes a couple forward back to the front::
[20:27] <@Delgado> RVan> ::mutters as she continues to work on the computer:: I'm tryiiiing.... ::tries to sound neutral to happy and not as nervous and annoyed as she really was::
[20:28] <@Delgado> RVan> ::finally narrows it down to three 'good' ones:: Here, try these.
[20:28] <@Gabriel> ::indicates the wheel:: Take over driving for a few minutes.
[20:28] <@Roland> ::sets the revolver down at his feet, reaching under his seat again and this time drawing one of his machine pistols::
[20:28] <@Gabriel> ::calls toward the back:: Everyone hold still!
[20:29] <@Gabriel> ::sets one of the scramblers to activate in 60 seconds, then looks out the window, waits for it to be clear, then gives it a gentle toss toward anything that looks like it'll give the scrambler a soft landing::
[20:29] <@Delgado> RVan> ::tries to not look put out as she grabs the wheel::
[20:29] <@Detro> DVan> ::frowns, looking at the maps, trying to figure out a way to ditch their pursuers... having to do so while their own rigs were clearly flagged::
[20:29] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ You guys so fucking owe me for this. ::sets the machine pistol down on his lap and reaches down towards the emergency break::
01[20:29] <@Savant> As Roland accelerates and the van tries to keep up, the drones - both those following and ahead - begin to squeal in an annoying high-pitched and LOUD squeal. A deep male voice announces at the same time.
[20:29] <@Roland> <<brake>>
[20:29] <@Gabriel> ::starts reprogramming one of the other scramblers to one of Delgado's frequencies::
[20:30] <@Roland> Dblocker> ::hits the window control again::
01[20:31] <@Savant> 5Drone> BRING YOUR VEHICLE TO A COMPLETE AND SAFE STOP. YOU ARE IN VIOLATIUON OF THE RIGHT OF CONSENT AS JUDICATED BY ENVRYSECURICO. PULL OVER AND WAIT FOR SECURITY DETAILS TO ARRIVE.
[20:33] <@Gabriel> ::spots an open bed truck running parallel to them, sets another unmodified scrambler to activate in 60 seconds, then tosses it in::
02[20:34] * @Roland (~fdeziel@bas4-kitchener06-1167936758.dsl.bell.ca) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[20:35] <@Detro> DVan> Alright, we have two options -- hide somewhere they can't see us and hope we can hold out long enough for the others to get away. Or find a place where they can't see us, and stage an explosion that appears to have killed everyone in this van.
[20:35] <@Melissa> +com+ That drone we tried to ditch...it's coming down the road now
[20:35] <@Mem> DVan> ::listen to Detro and stares ahead blankly:: We hide, or we blow up the van? Are you sure those are the only two options?
03[20:35] * Roland (~fdeziel@bas4-kitchener06-1167936758.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #bt05
03[20:35] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Roland
[20:35] <@Roland> Dblocker> ::the e-brake set, he quickly reaches down and pulls up the machine pistol, setting it on the window frame and opening fire at the two drones as the car moves horizontal to his movement::
[20:36] <@Gabriel> ::goes back to work modifying one of the two remaining scramblers to work on one of Delgado's frequencies::
[20:37] <@Detro> DVan> ::shrugs:: The only ones I can think of so far. Our rigs are all flagged, so we'll stick out like a sore thumb. That precludes ditching this van inside of a building and having everyone split up to escape.
[20:37] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::to Delgado:: Get us back on Gamma level.
[20:37] <@Gabriel> RVan> +com+ Melissa, we're ready to come back up.
[20:37] <@Detro> DVan> Four drones means they'll have pretty good coverage anywhere we stop.
02[20:38] * @Roland (~fdeziel@bas4-kitchener06-1167936758.dsl.bell.ca) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
01[20:38] <@Savant> Rolands' sleek red sportscar screams and lays black smoking streaks across the aspahlt as the cars spins wildly to the left. A spray of bullets patters out from the open window, and the two drones veer away, earning themselves holes in their chassis as they tumble aside
[20:38] <@Delgado> RVan> Right. ::steers them toward their destination, hoping the rest of the team makes it::
03[20:39] * Roland (~fdeziel@bas4-kitchener06-1167936758.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #bt05
03[20:39] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Roland
[20:39] <@Melissa> RBlocker> +com+ I'm going to try and pull that drone away from the van. ::begins to drive erratically, and at higher than normal speeds::
[20:40] <@Detro> DVan> ::completely oblivious to what Roland's doing:: I mean, if there were a few less of the drones, our odds would be better...
01[20:40] <@Savant> At the same moment, the back of the cube van opens up a foot or so. There doesn't appear to be anything inside. Nonetheless, the drones behind explode in a showy display of fireworks.
[20:41] <@Detro> DVan> After all, with fewer drones, then... hold on... ::listens to the radio::
[20:41] <@Roland> ::lets up on the e-brake as the car now moves backwards, and he shifts into reverse, looking over his shoulder as he drives:: +com+ Go Freda!
[20:41] <@Roland> ::after a moment or so of getting his bearings, he whips the wheel around again and shifts back into gear as the car spins back to face forwards again::
[20:42] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::calls toward the back:: Everyone still OK back there? We're almost home free.
01[20:42] <@Savant> 5Radio> ... ALL UNITS ALL UNITS Hostage situation escalating, all tails destroyed. Suspects have heavy firepower, I repeat, heavy firepower, possibly CEF or terrorist.
[20:42] <@Caelin> DVan>::jinks the van a bit to avoid slamming into roland's car but not soo much as to throw freja off::
[20:42] <@Detro> DVan> ::blink::
[20:42] <@Birkin> DVan> We just made ourselves as someone with heavy firepower. We can't get caught anymore.
[20:43] <@Detro> DVan> Oh. Right, I forgot about Roland.
01[20:43] <@Savant> Melissa speeds away from the van, zipping left and right through the traffic - as a sportscar is wont to do. The drone accelerates, speeding past teh van to follow her.
[20:43] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ Take the second right up ahead. I'm trying to get us into a quiet area.
[20:43] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::slowly hits the window controls and waits for the window to roll back up, setting the weapon down onto his lap again::
[20:43] <@Roland> Dblocker> +com+ I am not fucking doing that again, so make sure we don't need to.
01[20:44] <@Savant> 5Radio> We've lost the drone van. Must've been a blip. Good job everyone.
[20:44] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::to herself:: You know, I really should look into upping Bonaparte's handling. A girl could get spoiled with this smooth handling
02[20:44] * @Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[20:44] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::exhales, relieved, then programs the second scrambler, just in case:: Looks like we're clear. Get us to the check-point, Delgado. +com+ Melissa, we're proceeding directly to the check-point.
[20:44] <@Caelin> DVan>::nods and takes the indicated right:: +subcom+ [AS] good work freja
01[20:44] <@Savant> For the decoy team things are surprisingly calm. Based on the radio traffic though - multiple people are active and apparently responding - the calm won't last.
[20:45] <@Detro> DVan> Then what, LT?
01[20:45] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] Caelin, I'm going to fire up a Waeps if we need it. This doens't sound good.
[20:45] <@Birkin> DVan> We gonna ditch the van and escape outta here on foot?
[20:46] <@Melissa> RBlocker> The only thing this thing is missing are some racks on the roof for my Octopus to hold on...I could use some heavy lasers right now
[20:46] <@Detro> DVan> Might be wishful thinking. The corpserfs just elevated us to terrorists, which means the CID's probably going to get involved now too.
02[20:47] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Guys! Come in here. Now, I want to maintain the current level of black representation on the committee, so let's go for a stroll......)
01[20:47] <@Savant> 5Radio> ::Thick, baritone male Siberian accent:: EnvrySecuriCo, we have been listening to your little adventure with amusement. We are giving you one chance to fix this. Do not disappoint us.
01[20:48] <@Savant> 5Is> this what you do on Terra Nova?
01[20:48] <@Savant> ((wehoops))
01[20:48] <@Savant> 5Emanna> Is this what you do on Terra Nova?
03[20:48] * Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[20:48] * Detro sets mode: +o Delgado
[20:48] <@Caelin> DVan>::frowns a moment, then glances to mem:: scildfreja wants to get a waeps drone ready
[20:49] <@Mem> DVan> If you think it'll help, sure.
[20:49] <@Detro> DVan> ::listening to the comms:: We're one step away from direct CID intervention here folks.
[20:50] <@Mem> DVan> Sounds like business as usual to me.
01[20:50] <@Savant> 5Radio> ::a pause of radio silence, and then the steady beat picks up again::
03[20:50] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
[20:50] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ What's the plaaaaaan, here?
[20:50] <@Delgado> RVan> ::actually laughs a bit at Emanna's question:: Why? Having fun? Thinking about a career choice?
[20:51] <@Detro> DVan> ::shrugs:: Find us a place we can be out of sight long enough to switch to another vehicle, then we find a place to go to ground and stay there until we get help.
[20:51] <@Caelin> DVan>::nods:: +subcom+ [AS] alright, if you can have it harrass and possibly lead off any other tails, that would be great
01[20:51] <@Savant> Down in the slums, the Decoy team hears a voice come over loudspeakers built into the light poles. "Envry Citizens. This area has been declared a Zone of Hostile Intent by the Commonwealth Integrity Directorate. Please stay where you are."
[20:52] <@Detro> DVan> THAT does not sound good.
[20:52] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::continues to weave erratically along the road::
01[20:52] <@Savant> 5Emanna> ::Beams:: I'm a good driver. I bet I could even drive like the lady in the car is driving.
01[20:53] <@Savant> Speaking of the LAdy in the Car, MElissa's got three drones streaming along behind her, all three of them announcing that she's in violation of several traffic regulations and must stop immediately.
[20:53] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::as he finishes with the second scrambler:: We have a little truck called a Spider sitting out on the Highlands, waiting for us.
[20:53] <@Gabriel> RVan> When we reach it, you get to drive us part of the way.
01[20:54] <@Savant> 5Emanna> Does it have legs like a spider? Like a Pithom? Pithoms are fun.
[20:54] <@Delgado> RVan> Like the lady...? ::looks to her side then mutters darkly to herself at Melissa and her 'friends'::
[20:55] <@Detro> DVan> ::starts keeping his eye out for decent escape vehicles::
[20:55] <@Birkin> DVan> ::looks around for a vehicle they could use as well::
[20:55] <@Mem> DVan> We either drive into Alpha and take our chances, or we spend a couple of risky minutes and change vehicles. Still doesn't fix the problem that we have flagged rigs.
[20:55] <@Melissa> RBlocker> +com+ Not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to keep away from these drones...going to keep going till you guys get clear
[20:56] <@Detro> DVan> Nothing we can do about that right now Mem. We just leave the decoy rigs here and leave them on, hope they go after them.
[20:56] <@Detro> DVan> Just up the way... that mini-van ::points:: Decent capacity for us and some cargo.
01[20:56] <@Savant> The van loses track of Melissa as she careens off into the distance, weaving through angry traffic.
[20:56] <@Detro> DVan> We just have to hope we can go to ground long enough for a rescue.
03[20:56] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has left #bt05
01[20:57] <@Savant> 5Radio>> I've got a speeder on the EV96. Refuses to stop for the tails. Can I get a flitter in there?
[20:57] <@Gabriel> RVan> +com+ Acknowledged, Melissa. See you on the other side, and good luck.
[20:57] <@Melissa> RBlocker> +com+ Roger that. Good hunting
[20:58] <@Mem> DVan> +com+ All right, we're changing vans. Right up here.
[20:58] <@Birkin> DVan> Whats the target?
01[20:58] <@Savant> 5Radio> This is IA Responder 2. We are in the air and en route. Three minute ETA.
[20:59] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ Right. ::slows, then makes a right::
[20:59] <@Melissa> RBlocker> +com+ Looks like 3 minutes till the fun really begins
[20:59] <@Caelin> DVan>::comes up to stop where pointed to:: alright we better move fast
[21:00] <@Mem> DVan> Can Scildfreja help unload? We need to move quickly.
[21:01] <@Melissa> RBlocker> +com+ This might be the last broadcast I make...don't want to get pulled over with the com gear. Will do what I can to get out of here and meet you at the rendevous point
01[21:01] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Of course I can. Hurry up and get us there.
[21:01] <@Gabriel> RVan> +com+ Acknowledged.
[21:02] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ What'm I doin' here, fuckers? ::slows after turning right, watching his rear-view for the van to follow him::
03[21:02] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
01[21:03] <@Savant> Everyone in the Envry low-class block seems to be complying with the security forces' demands. They're stopping where they are, vehicles are pulling over to the side of the road, striking up quiet, worried conversations.
[21:03] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::takes the com off and first slams it against the dashboard and then out the window before cracking up the radio to some Thrash metal-punk fusion stuff:: Now, this is what I'm talking about!
01[21:03] <@Savant> Meanwhile, Gabriels' van seems to have avoided all the trouble - or more appropriately, have had their trouble diverted by a speeding sportscar.
[21:04] <@Detro> DVan> ::looking around at the stopped traffic, frowns -- they're going to stick out like a sore thumb if they keep moving by vehicle::
01[21:05] <@Savant> Melissa can see a set of flashing amber-and-red lights approaching form the black. BEfore too long it makes its appearance as a VTOL, with smooth curves and with hefty turbines. It swoops in behind her.
[21:05] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::smirks to herself and then sees what this car can really do and slams the pedal down::
[21:05] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::is content to let Melissa drive for a bit, and checks on the kids::
[21:06] <@Roland> DBlocker> +com+ Out of time here, folks. Drones incoming.
01[21:07] <@Savant> 5Emanna> Is there gonna be shooting?
[21:07] <@Caelin> DVan>which van are we taking?
[21:07] <@Delgado> RVan> Nooo.... ::glances at Gabriel:: No, no.
[21:07] <@Detro> DVan> That one. ::points to the minivan::
01[21:07] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> That one? That's where we're going to?
[21:07] <@Gabriel> RVan> ::nods confirmation:: No shooting. Looks like we're safe.
[21:08] <@Mem> DVan> ::gets out of the van:: Hurry up.
[21:08] <@Birkin> DVan> Then lets go get it. ::Gets out after mem::
01[21:08] <@Savant> 5Emanna> Okay. Good. My brother got killed. He was shot.
[21:08] <@Roland> ::pulls over and comes to a stop as the van does, then opens the door and gets out himself as he pulls his weapons out with him and stows them in their holsters beneath his duster::
[21:08] <@Detro> DVan> ::follows:: You do realize that they've stopped traffic, right? Any vehicle we're in is going to be pretty obvious.
03[21:09] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has left #bt05
01[21:09] <@Savant> The TAlons bust out of their van, swarming an abandoned minivan. The back of the cube truck opens and a heavily laden exoskeleton comes stomping out, bearing the majority of the goods from inside.
[21:09] <@Caelin> DVan>::climbs out and runs to the new van:: what do you suggest? can we go underground?
[21:09] <@Roland> Dblocker> ::moves around to the front of the sports car and opens the trunk, withdrawing a BIL::
01[21:10] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Get out of here, I've got enough firepower to distract them with the Waeps.
[21:10] <@Delgado> RVan> ::winces at the almost casual tone of the girl's voice::
[21:10] <@Roland> DBlocker> ::closes the trunk and walks down the street back to where the decoy group is loading the new vehicle::
[21:10] <@Detro> DVan> As low as we can go, actually. We can't travel on the upper levels with flagged rigs.
[21:10] <@Birkin> DVan> ::moves into the back of the other van:: We gonna blow the old van?
01[21:11] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::Up the street a chubby drone with a sensor dish on its back starts to beep-beep-beep-beep-beep
[21:11] <@Mem> +com+ Yeah, enough. We're going into Alpha. We'll need that firepower. Load the new van, then we're gone.
[21:12] <@Mem> ::points Birkin at the old van, nodding::
[21:12] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::opens the throttle hoping to lose the VTOL::
01[21:12] <@Savant> The old cube van half unloads itself - Sleca ambles out, followed by two scuttling wasp-looking machines.
[21:13] <@Caelin> ::to scildfreja::you not staying behind are you?
[21:13] <@Detro> DVan> ::gets into the driver seat and sees if they can start this mini-van up::
[21:13] <@Mem> ::opens his laptop inside the new van and looks for the closest entrances into alpha::
01[21:13] <@Savant> MElissa, meanwhile, isn't losing her tail - there are three drones and one Corpserf cruiser streaming along past her, with that powerful VTOL easing closer overhead...
[21:14] <@Roland> DVan> ::opens the rear door of the minivan and climbs in, closing it behind him as he sits down in the back and faces backwards, setting the BIL across his lap::
[21:14] <@Caelin> ::curses himself for stowing his armiger in captain tynes' van::
01[21:14] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ ::a pause:: [AS] Take care of yourself Caelin. I'll be at the rendezvous as soon as I can.
[21:14] <@Detro> DVan> ::tries to start the mini-van::
[21:15] <@Melissa> RBlocker> Well, let's change this up a little bit ::Slams on the breaks and pulls the wheel, spinning the vehicle around in a 180 degree turn::
[21:15] <@Mem> +com+ OK, we're heading down and submarining down to the rendezvous. We're gonna go fast, no bullshit downstairs.
[21:16] <@Birkin> ::moves to the old van, rigging it to explode up on his command::
03[21:16] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
[21:16] <@Mem> ::gets in the van and straps up::
[21:16] <@Caelin> ::frowns::[AS] don't take to many chances, we possibly lost a spidhra here, i don't want to lose you too...::gives a sign for good luck and turns to climb into the new van::
[21:17] <@Detro> DVan> ::as it fails to start the first time...:: Oh, come on. You know my mother passed on her luck with engines to me. You know you want to work... ::tries it again::
01[21:18] <@Savant> Melissa veers about, leaving smoke and the smell of burned rubber behind her as she spins about on the road - the other drives veer away madly to try and get away form the crazy speeder. Her tail streaks away at high speeds.
[21:18] <@Mem> ::looks out the window:: All set?
[21:18] <@Roland> One sec.
01[21:18] <@Savant> Meanwhile, down lower, the Decoy team sparks up its hot new soccer mom ride.
[21:18] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::after spinning around, slams the pedal down and starts heading the opposite direction and looking for a turn off::
[21:18] <@Roland> ::opens the door and spits out his now flavourless gum before closing it and sitting back down:: Light it up.
01[21:19] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:19] <@Savant> there we go! what did you think?
[21:19] <@Gabriel> Who knew getting out of town would be so damn complicated? Wink
01[21:19] <@Savant> little longer than I was hoping, but I hope it was fun
[21:19] <@Birkin> Nothing simple is ever easy.
03[21:20] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:20] <@Mem> lol
[21:20] <@Mem> It'll be okay.
[21:20] <@Roland> Bad Boys II shit goin' down.
01[21:20] <@Savant> steal some motorbikes
01[21:20] <@Savant> i want to do a helicopter vs motorbike scene Wink
[21:20] <@LrdVampyre> that was fun
[21:21] <@Roland> Helicopter vs. Cop Car. Pull a Die Hard
[21:21] <@Mem> whee
01[21:21] <@Savant> word.
[21:21] <@Mem> Motorcycles are awesome.
[21:21] <@Mem> vroom
01[21:21] <@
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:21] <@Mem> Motorcycles are awesome.
[21:21] <@Mem> vroom
01[21:21] <@Savant> anyways. Experience points for anyone?
[21:21] <@Caelin> yes please
01[21:21] <@Savant> i suppose i can do that
[21:21] <@Mem> Motorcycles with chariot-style blades on the wheels?
01[21:21] <@Savant> 1 for being here. Congratulations on your attendance.
[21:21] <@Mem> Very Happy
[21:22] <@Delgado> I R HRE
01[21:22] <@Savant> 2 is for teamwork. how did you operate as a team? How could you operate better as a team next time?
[21:22] <@Mem> hullo
[21:22] <@Birkin> ya
[21:22] <@Mem> We operated well as a team. The multi-decoy thing worked pretty well.
01[21:22] <@Savant> i agree, it did
[21:22] <@Delgado> The main van didn't get caught, so that's pretty much teamwork plan accomplished. Wink
[21:22] <@LrdVampyre> i pulled tail off the van
[21:22] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I think this worked out almost perfectly tonight. We underestimated the response of the Corpserf security a bit, but compensated well. They need to learn what the word "confirmed" means. Wink
01[21:22] <@Savant> Melissa gets lots of tail.
[21:23] <@Gabriel> But I was watching and wondering how we could have done it better and didn't really think of much.
[21:23] <@Mem> I was just about to say the same thing... a bit of underestimation on our part, but otherwise successful.
[21:23] <@Detro> Actually, I'd disagree on the team thing when it came time for us to decide what to do when things went south.
[21:24] <@Mem> The only thing I would've liked is better control of how the data rigs work.
[21:24] <@Detro> Just the decoy team that is.
01[21:24] <@Savant> you can talk about that during the week. A good topic, though a little late. That would have been better discussion before hitting Gomorrah, really Wink
01[21:24] <@Savant> anyways. That's 2. 3 is for story. Learn anything?
[21:25] <@Gabriel> Learned how fast Corporate security responds, and how. They watch for more things than we anticipated.
[21:25] <@Gabriel> Learned that Melissa really wants a Porsche when we get back to Terra Nova.
[21:25] <@Detro> And that the CID is cracking down on corpserf procedures too.
[21:25] <@Gabriel> Learned that Roland takes "road rage" to a whole new level.
[21:25] <@Roland> They're relying a lot on drones where I thought they'd be relying more on humans.
[21:26] <@LrdVampyre> they have sensor towers marking their territory
[21:26] <@Detro> I mean, really cracking down.
01[21:26] <@Savant> quite true Detro. The Corpserfs are taking their newfound CID authority and really running iwth it
01[21:26] <@Savant> would be entirely unsurprised to see Gomorrah turn into a corporate police state in very short order.
[21:27] <@Caelin> actually we should have realized that the corpserfs would be watching more closely, after all they're looking for kidnappers and are going to go after anything that looks off to them
01[21:27] <@Savant> i like your insights. Very good all of you.
01[21:28] <@Savant> that's 3. I'll make it 4 if you can tell me something your character wants to do when they get back to Terra Nova.
[21:28] <@Mem> Hrm. Good question.
[21:28] <@Detro> Detro's overdue for a visit to a certain wall.
[21:28] <@Roland> Other than the normal stuff? Wink
[21:28] <@Birkin> Visit Ashanti
[21:28] <@Detro> Probably stop by, see his mother.
[21:28] <@Mem> Mem will visit his parents, visit his business sponsors (whoever they might be aheh) and maybe says goodbye to TN for good.
[21:29] <@Delgado> Hug a dawg.
[21:29] <@Gabriel> Go home for about two weeks, then start bitching to anyone who will listen and a lot of people who won't about long-term plans for getting beyond Caprice.
[21:29] <@Detro> And there's a lot of his personal stuff he lost when BT09's Fury blew up, so a little shopping spree.
[21:29] <@LrdVampyre> go to Ashanit and play on some boats
[21:29] <@Caelin> avoid getting cornered by the talon higher-up and given the "20 questions" treatment
[21:29] <@Detro> And I imagine we might do some training with non-Talon TN forces that are being sent on to Caprice.
[21:29] <@Birkin> Pick up Gear Dueling
[21:29] <@LrdVampyre> and get a fast car
[21:29] <@Gabriel> After we reunite the Sanvit family, of course.
[21:29] <@Roland> Roland needs to spend some money on something. He's got twenty years worth of military pay stored somewhere earning interest. Wink
[21:29] <@Delgado> Lots and lots of whores.
[21:30] <@Delgado> With guns.
[21:30] <@Delgado> Start a whore army.
[21:30] <@Detro> <Joanna> ::grins at Caelin:: Actually, they aren't THAT bad. At least you're from a planet that isn't trying to take over all the others.
[21:30] <@Caelin> yeah get roland laid finally
01[21:30] <@Savant> a whoremy?
[21:30] <@Roland> Whoremy, LOL
01[21:31] <@Savant> i am assembling ideas to see if it is worthwhile doing a set of vignettes about your time on Terra Nova.
01[21:31] <@Savant> some of these will work, some will not.
[21:31] <@Mem> Does Delgado have a serious plan for home?
[21:31] <@Roland> At some point an Allendale will die or be maimed for life, I'm sure.
[21:31] <@Mem> She lost her whole team. Wink
[21:31] <@Delgado> No. Sad
01[21:31] <@Savant> hugging a dawg will get you dead pretty quick Wink
[21:32] <@Delgado> Just checking in to HQ and being like "Yeah. I'm the only one that's not dead/defected."
01[21:32] <@Savant> that's four. Five for Delgado and Melissa. Any questions?
[21:32] <@Gabriel> None here. Good stuff tonight. Smile
[21:32] <@Mem> Next week we pick up with this, or plan for the Boss battle?
01[21:33] <@Savant> you arne't out of this yet Wink
[21:33] <@Mem> ::nods::
01[21:33] <@Savant> figoure out how to get out.
01[21:33] <@Savant> figure, even
[21:33] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: You guys need to hide out underground and get with the hacking.
01[21:33] <@Savant> anyways. Well done, all!
01[21:33] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:35] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:35] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:35] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
[18:35] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:35] <@Caelin> ::attn::
[18:35] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
01[18:35] <@Savant> missing Fraser and Vampyre and - anyone want to wake up Prescot and Itz?
06[18:36] * @Detro licks the back of Itz' knee
01[18:37] <@Savant> anyways. Hello, how are you? Welcome to another session of the Black Talons
01[18:37] <@Savant> this game ought to tie up things in Gomorrah, leaving you to your doo- er, your adventure at Mt Valhalla.
[18:37] <@Detro> Oh, right, we aren't even there yet. DOH!
01[18:38] <@Savant> this all being said, tonight's not a freebie by any means.
01[18:38] <@Savant> gl hf dd
01[18:38] <@Savant> 2To Move a Mountain
01[18:38] <@Savant> 2 17 Lares 275LC, 2300h - Night - (22S TN1945)
01[18:38] <@Savant> 2 On the Road, Envry Hub, Gomorrah, Caprice.
01[18:38] <@Savant> 2 12 degrees Celcius, 8% humidity, 93 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Momentum is everything. We last left the Black Talons split between two - no, three groups, properly. The Decoy team had done its job in distracting attention from the catured (liberated) children, though in so doing had managed to get into a serious amount of trouble down at the foot of the white Envry towers.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Meanwhile, the main team has lost its blocker as Melissa has sped off to distract local Corpserf forces from its' tail. This leaves Captain Tynes and Delgado alone with the children in a cube van full of contraband. It's a delicate situation, but nothing the Talons can't handle.
01[18:38] <@Savant> It looks like it's a long road up the mountain...
01[18:38] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:38] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:38] <@Detro> ack
[18:39] <@Gabriel> And bummer. We're not FFWDing a bit?
03[18:39] * Fras|HereAndThere (~fdeziel@bas4-kitchener06-1167936086.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #bt05
01[18:39] <@Savant> are there seriously only three of us h- four, even Smile And I'd love to fast forward, but the decoy team is sort of in a really tricky spot right now
01[18:39] <@Savant> if they can get out quick and without fuss, i'll jump forward a bit.
03[18:39] * Detro sets mode: +o Fras|HereAndThere
[18:39] <@Fras|HereAndThere> I'm only semi-here. Will be floating in and out. Still need to paaaaaack.
03[18:40] * Fras|HereAndThere is now known as Roland
01[18:40] <@Savant> that's okay Fras. I doubt that you'll need to make any high speed e-brake turns this game.
[18:40] <@Gabriel> Alrighty. Just leaves me with very little to do (hopefully) until we jump to that point, but that's fine.
01[18:40] <@Savant> yeah, i know. I can get you something to do if you like, though.
01[18:41] <@Savant> i'm going to give the others a few moments to show up, that said.
[18:41] <@Gabriel> No thanks. Wink Gabriel's played all his cards to get this close to the exit with kids intact. Wink Hate to have to blow that.
01[18:41] <@Savant> there are a few more points you'll have to get through before you're free and clear.
[18:41] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Alrighty.
03[18:42] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@68.148.101.135) has joined #BT05
03[18:42] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
01[18:42] <@Savant> while we're waiting, i'm going to point out the new plans for LEmon, and what's changed over the past while. Most of you know what's happened with the bot - you can now update your own skills whne you raise levels and complexity
01[18:42] <@Savant> hey Dave
[18:42] <@LrdVampyre> howdy
[18:42] <@Caelin> i can?
01[18:43] <@Savant> you can now type !setskill <level> <complexity> <Skill Display Name> and it will update your skill.
03[18:43] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:44] <@Caelin> cool
01[18:44] <@Savant> heh, sorry, that's not quite on. It's !addskill <skill> <level> <cpx> <display name>
01[18:45] <@Savant> anyways. No big deal
[18:45] <@Caelin> ahh....cool
[18:45] <@Caelin> Smile
01[18:45] <@Savant> I will also be adding a !motorpool function, allowing you to load vehicles into your character sheet. The spiders, PAthfinder,a nd all the Gears/tanks/etc you have will be int he motor pool
01[18:46] <@Savant> coming with this will be a !vdamage and !vrepair command, to damage and repair vehicles appropriately.
[18:46] <@Roland> Mmmmmmmotorpool.
01[18:46] <@Savant> you'll also get !pilot and !gunnery to use, which will automatically load in your vehicles stats, including any damage you've taken.
01[18:46] <@Savant> you'll still ahve to do range on your own for the gunnery, but other than that it'll be automated.
[18:47] <@Detro> Including movement mods?
01[18:47] <@Savant> i may include movement mods into the motorpool functions, yes.
01[18:47] <@Savant> likely with a !speed command, but we'll see what happens. A good idea.
01[18:48] <@Savant> anyways, that's that. As I said, this game will likely be two part. Depends if you guys can shake your respective tails.
01[18:48] <@Savant> ready to roll? Itz and Prescot will be on autopilot.
03[18:49] * Brad is now known as Mem
[18:49] <@Gabriel> All aset here.
[18:49] <@Gabriel> -a
01[18:49] <@Savant> awesome
01[18:49] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:50] <@Savant> Down in the belly of Envry, the situation seems grim. Scildfreja has offered to distract the corpserfs as the Talon decoy team makes good on their escape, but with so many witnesses watching it seems difficult to expect things to go well. Especially with that beeping, complaining drone down the block and the road full of stopped vehicles...
01[18:50] <@Savant> At the same time, the rescue team is doing a little better. The road seems clear for Tynes, Delgado and the kids as they make their way through the city, so long as Melissa can keep the fes off of their backs...
[18:50] <@Detro> ::works on hotwiring the minivan::
[18:50] <@Roland> ::closes the rear door of the van as he sits down in the back, checking the BIL he pulled out of the sports car he abandoned::
[18:51] <@Melissa> RBlocker>::continues with the high speed maneouvers down the road, looking for turn offs down, faking for the first one::
[18:51] <@Gabriel> ::continues to drive the getaway van, keeping an ear on the police radio in front of him and the military comm unit he's wearing::
01[18:51] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::shimmers and seems to half-melt away - you can still make out her shape, but at the same time you can see right through the armiger. The other drones follow suit, doing the same thing as the group of them ... leave ... somewhere...::
03[18:51] * Kt (~Kt@149.130.234.215) has joined #BT05
01[18:51] <@Savant> The mini van beeps as its batteries and control functions come online
[18:52] <@Detro> ::Sighs in relief, as it was touch and go for a second there:: Van's up.
[18:52] <@Detro> ::sliding behind the wheel:: Tell me you've got a plan Ell-Tee. And a direction to go.
01[18:53] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ ::quietly, clearly to Caelin:: [AS] Don't worry. You won't lose me yet.
[18:53] <@Caelin> ::turns to scildfreja as he waits for detro to get the van started::+subvoc+[AS] just be careful freja, please
[18:53] <@Mem> ::looks back:: All loaded?
[18:54] <@Caelin> ::climbs into the van and glances at detro:: you're driving this time?
01[18:54] <@Savant> Melissa has a cluster of small traffic drones, and a larger police VTOL, roaring down the road behind her. IT's *hard* to shake a VTOL, what with traffic being a non-issue for it. Somehow she's keeping well ahead of it though, veering hard down an off-ramp and into an industrial park of sorts.
[18:54] <@Roland> ::tosses a fresh piece of gum into his mouth:: Hit it.
Session Close: Thu May 22 18:55:04 2008

Session Start: Thu May 22 18:55:04 2008
Session Ident: #BT05
02[18:55] * Disconnected
02[18:55] * Attempting to rejoin channel #BT05
03[18:55] * Rejoined channel #BT05
03[18:55] * Topic is '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
03[18:55] * Set by Savant on Thu May 22 18:34:48
[18:55] <@Caelin> ::shrugs:: not arguing here, lets just go
03[18:56] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Savant
01[18:56] <@Savant> Melissa has a cluster of small traffic drones, and a larger police VTOL, roaring down the road behind her. IT's *hard* to shake a VTOL, what with traffic being a non-issue for it. Somehow she's keeping well ahead of it though, veering hard down an off-ramp and into an industrial park of sorts.
01[18:57] <@Savant> At the same time, the drone down the street form the DEcoy team is clearly watching the Talons. Those Capricians near them are giving them a widening berth as they begin to hear a disturbing whup-whup-whup sound
[18:58] <@Detro> ::more firmly:: LT, we need a decision NOW. ::turns around and starts the mini-van rolling forward::
[18:59] <@Mem> ::pulls up the map as he opens up his laptop:: Alpha level, I said. Go.
[18:59] <@Detro> Right. ::hits the accelerator::
[19:00] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::starts looking for tunnels or garages to pull into::
[19:00] <@Detro> Left, or right?
[19:00] <@Mem> Left, half a klick, then down. ::zooms in on the map::
01[19:00] <@Savant> 5Radio> IA responder two, moving to engage targets. Do we engage with supression rounds? Say again, do we engage RiCon. Over.
[19:01] <@Detro> Roger that... ::reaching the corner, spins the wheel::
01[19:01] <@Savant> The minivan picks up sudden speed, peeling off down the road - sometimes slowing to make its way around stopped traffic, but otherwise making a steady bee-line for the main throughfare down to Alpha
[19:02] <@Roland> ::pulls the BIL up against his shoulder and aims out the back window, waiting for something to turn the corner behind them::
[19:02] <@Detro> And once we get down to Alpha, then what?
03[19:02] * Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[19:02] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Delgado
01[19:02] <@Savant> 5Radio> IA Responder two, suspect is armed and may have hostages. RiCon only, I said again, RiCon only. Over.
[19:03] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::mouths the words to some heavy metal song playing, head bobbing as she slides the car around a corner, still looking for a tunnel, or something to ditch the VTOL::
01[19:03] <@Savant> In the rear-view window, the Talons can see sometimg big and ugly and angular float around the corner, like one of those smaller traffic drones' big brother. At this scale, it looks more like an attack helicopter with a four turboprop fans, two to a side.
[19:03] <@Gabriel> +com+ Decoy team, they keep saying "suspect." Not "suspects."
[19:03] <@Detro> ::leans on the horn as they come up to a crowd of people in the street:: MOVE! MOVE!
[19:04] <@Gabriel> +com+ They're after one of you, not all of you.
[19:04] <@Roland> ::considers the drone that comes around the corner through the BIL sight, trying to determine where he should hit it to disable it -- he watches its floating movement and what parts of it are the most active in moving around::
01[19:04] <@Savant> Pedestrians scatter left and right as Detro and Roland blast through them.
[19:05] <@Caelin> ::raises an eyebrow:: the drones must have seen all of us switching vehicles, why still look for one person?
01[19:06] <@Savant> Melissa swerves sharply into a side ramp and descends into smog. The VTOL trailing her is gone, at least for the moment.
[19:06] <@Detro> ::for a brief minute, has a particular event back on Terra Nova come back to haunt him... he prays to the ancestors that he will not be the cause of innocent deaths on these streets::
01[19:07] <@Savant> 5Radio> We have visual contact. One van, stolen, red, licence Two Dollar Seven Pound Pound Ruble.
01[19:08] <@Savant> 3Emanna> Why are they chasing you?
[19:08] <@Detro> ::avoids the parked traffic as best he can, made worst by people standing next to their stopped cars::
[19:08] <@Mem> !check 3 3 Trivia/Gomorrah/DesperateAttemptforIdeasAboutEscapingtoAlphaLevel
[19:09] <@Gabriel> ::grins over his shoulder at the girl as he drives:: We're kidnappers, of course.
[19:10] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::checks for the drones and the VTOL while also trying to find a spot to possibly ditch the car and grab another one::
[19:10] <@Roland> ::mutters to himself as the drone follows them down the roadway, hovering over other cars and people in the streets as they scramble -- he didn't want to shoot it down if he didn't need to, given the civilians about::
01[19:10] <@Savant> 3Emanna> Oh! Who did you kidnap... ::pause:: Ohh.....
[19:10] <@Detro> ::swears:: They'd better not have a roadblock up by the time we get there, or this is going to end with a bang.
[19:10] <@Caelin> ::looks back:: anyone have a spare pistol in case we need to shoot anything ahead of us?
[19:10] <@Mem> OK, I have an idea. Keep driving down to the offramp, then we make them do some fancy flying.
[19:10] <@Detro> Hope you're right LT... ::bears right to keep them headed int he right direction::
[19:11] <@Delgado> Yeeep. You're big time news now. How does it feel like to be a celebrity? ::grins at Emanna then looks out the window, watching the chaos continue to unfold::
01[19:11] <@Savant> The Decoy team burns along the road quickly, moving into actual flowing traffic now, though Detro's got the pedal to the floor. the electric engine of the van whines in complaint as it tries to keep ahead of the looming, approaching VTOL.
[19:13] <@Gabriel> ::smiles:: Don't worry about the others. They're tough and very smart. They're doing what I asked them to do: take the heat so we could get you out of the city safely.
[19:13] <@Roland> Anybody got a professional opinion on where to shoot this fucking thing? ::still sighting the VTOL as the building sways through the traffic::
01[19:13] <@Savant> 5VTOL> ::Over a booming megaphone:: RED VAN LICENCE 2-D-7-P-P-R. PULL OVER OR WE WILL BE FORCED TO FIRE.
[19:13] <@Mem> ::mutters back to Roland:: Pilot?
01[19:13] <@Savant> 3Lathander> What's so important about us?
[19:13] <@Melissa> RBlocker> ::suddenly inspired by something from an old cartoon, she slams on the breaks, looks around, and aims for the edge. Revving the engine, she spins the tires and goes for the edge. Getting closer, she throws open the door and rolls out::
[19:13] <@Detro> ::winces, sparing a hand to rub at his left ear:: Shit, they trying to deafen us?
[19:14] <@Roland> Yeah, I could do that, if I wanted it to crash into the freeway and kill a bunch of people, I guess.
[19:14] <@Mem> Hold on a second, we're gonna cramp their ceiling a bit.
[19:14] <@Detro> ::gets his left hand back on the wheel::
[19:16] <@Gabriel> You're not orphans, and you were in an orphanage. You have families, and parents, that miss you and love you.
[19:16] <@Gabriel> That was good enough for me.
[19:16] <@Gabriel> Family is the most important thing there is. Don't forget that. It offends me that the keffs tried to take that away from you.
[19:17] <@Roland> ::continues eyeing the VTOL -- particularly the traffic around and below it, waiting to see if a gap opens up where a crashing and burning hopper wouldn't end up falling on a bunch of cars::
01[19:18] <@Savant> Detro sees a break in the traffic and hits the gas - or the battery, really - and speeds ahead into a forest of steel. The VTOL slides off to one side, avoid the cluster as the van speeds away.
[19:18] <@Detro> ::and then he finds himself grinning -- just a little bit:: Perfect! ::"dives" for the cover available::
[19:18] <@Delgado> ::nods idly:: And it makes good news. 'The Big, Bad Terrans took off with a van full of helpless children'.
[19:19] <@Detro> I am a dawg in the sands... watch how I run!
01[19:19] <@Savant> 3Lathander> ::frowns, his expression confused, and unappy because of it:: They - they said our parents were traitors.
[19:20] <@Detro> :Surprisedf course, that said, a jungle of steel also means dodging some pretty deadly trees::
[19:21] <@Mem> ::looks up from the shotgun seat at the girders and beams:: Thank the prophet. That's the jungle I remember. ::sighs a bit::
01[19:21] <@Savant> Melissa speeds her sportscar for a weakened gap int he ramp walls and leaps to one side at the last second. the car flips end over end, over and into the black, while Melissa skidds along the pebbly asphalt and slams into the retaining wall
[19:21] <@Delgado> ... They say a lot of things. Rarely are they true.
[19:21] <@Gabriel> To be a traitor, you have to swear loyalty to someone. Did your parents swear loyalty to the keffs?
[19:21] <@Detro> Got any more tricks up your sleeve, Ell-Tee?
01[19:21] <@Savant> 3Lathander> I don't know. They never said anything like that.
[19:22] <@Caelin> ::glances in the side mirror as the pillars eventually block his view of the VTOL:: alright, now what?
01[19:22] <@Savant> Things quiet down for the decoy team. The sparse traffic moves calmly enough once Detro slips into the flow, and there aren't any signs of sirens or lights.
[19:22] <@Melissa> Foot> ::grimaces slightly and let's out a gasp as she hits the wall. Getting up slowly to make sure nothing was broken, she couldn't help but notice the adrenaline jitters:: Hehe, that was fun. Now to get me a new ride.
[19:23] <@Mem> Not yet. ::scratches his neck where his rig was implanted:: I want to get rid of these fucking tracking devices.
[19:23] <@Roland> Better find a back alley doctor, then.
01[19:23] <@Savant> MElissa finds herself in what would have to be called a classical slum, complete with run down liquor stores and adult shops, crumbling tenements, cars up on blocks, and random street violence.
[19:24] <@Gabriel> ::glances over his shoulder at Lathander, serious:: And would you? Swear an oath of loyalty to the CEF, and to Earth?
[19:24] <@Melissa> Foot> ::wipes the dust off the long coat and makes sure her pistol was still secured and then begins to walk away, whistling non-chalantly:: Times like these, a girl could really use a good pair of shades.
01[19:24] <@Savant> There's a crowd of about fifteen kids staring at her wide-eyed.
[19:24] <@Detro> ::chimes in:: Isn't BT10 working down on the Alpha level?
[19:24] <@Gabriel> Look at Emanna. Her family certainly didn't swear loyalty. And yet the keffs took her from her family.
[19:24] <@Melissa> Foot> ::winks at the kids and smiles::
01[19:24] <@Savant> 3Emanna> I didn't swear anything. It's not good to swear.
01[19:25] <@Savant> 3John> ::glumly:: They made me.
01[19:25] <@Savant> 3Lathander> ::looks at Jerome, silent::
[19:26] <@Mem> ::shrugs:: Yeah, but what are the chances they're within a couple hundred klicks? And they'd be buried down there. We'd have to dig them out, interrupt their op. ::stares at his laptop for a moment::
[19:27] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: Then get in touch with Gotah or Pathfinder and see if we can find out if they ARE within spitting distance.
[19:27] <@Gabriel> Take my word for it: an oath sworn under threat is no oath.
[19:27] <@Detro> I'd rather take my chance with a Talon doc in my head than some Caprician who might sell us out just to get out of Alpha.
01[19:27] <@Savant> 3John> It isn't?
[19:27] <@Mem> ::glances back at Roland:: Is the loudmouth radio back there?
[19:27] <@Gabriel> ::grins at Emanna:: Different kind of swearing, sweetie.
[19:28] <@Gabriel> ::shakes his head at John:: Not at all. I could make you swear right now that you hate ice cream. Would that make it true? If I made you?
[19:28] <@Delgado> ::mutters darkly under her breath at the children having to swear:: No, it isn't.
[19:28] <@Roland> The what in the where now? ::puts his BIL long enough to start rummaging through the mass of gear tossed into the back of the van::
01[19:28] <@Savant> Melissa, after a few moments of walking, comes across a slick looking jet black roadster - it's small, but it's clearly all engine and battery, and not much else. The thing's got a security system active, visible by the blinking light through the dash window.
01[19:29] <@Savant> 3John> Well, no...
[19:29] <@Melissa> Foot> ::walks around for a little bit, looking at the car before reaching into the jacket and pulling out a small set of tools:: Alrighty then, let's see if we can get around this.
01[19:29] <@Savant> 3Emanna> ::bounces:: Ice cream ice cream ice cream!
[19:29] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Same thing.
[19:30] <@Roland> ::passes forward a case of radio equipment from the back::
[19:30] <@Delgado> ::shoots Gabriel a look at Emanna's 'ice cream' rant::
[19:31] <@Mem> ::checks the radio for a specific signal:: They aren't up. We'll have to wait a bit before we can make a call.
[19:31] <@Gabriel> ::grins at Emanna:: Soon as we get out of the city and where we're going, promise.
01[19:31] <@Savant> 3Emanna> Ms Mubatu gave us ice cream last week! It was watermelon. I don't really like watermelon.
[19:31] <@Detro> Even if we can't raise Pathfinder, we could still strike lucky, hit a channel they might be monitoring.
[19:32] <@Detro> BT10 that is.
[19:32] <@Delgado> ::suddenly knits her eyebrows together:: ... What's ice cream?
[19:33] <@Mem> ::drums his fingers on his knee as he thinks, watching the road descend down to Alpha::
[19:33] <@Detro> ::hearing nothing from Mem, keeps his eyes peeled for anything unusual, or any signs of pursuit::
01[19:33] <@Savant> The Talons pass through a thin layer of smog and haze on their way downwards. The lights are thinner here, sparse between the rusting spars that hold Gomorrah together. Traffic begins to feer left and right up ahead, leaving the road down to Alpha relatively unoccupied.
[19:34] <@Detro> ::a beat:: Sorry about pushing you out of the driver's seat Caelin. You were doing pretty good up un...til... SHIT!
[19:35] <@Detro> ::has a split second to react and does so by slamming the brakes::
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::glances at Delgado and grins:: You don't know what ice cream is? Who was your quartermaster in 09, and why did he hate life?
[19:35] <@Caelin> ::watching ahead he sees alot of air movement:: damn they don't give up do they!
01[19:35] <@Savant> The gusts of wind from up ahead soon turn into a pair of spotlights lowing from up on high, eld aloft by a sleek metal body suspended by four turbofans.
[19:35] <@Roland> ::has his head whipped back as Detro brakes, his neck straining slightly:: What the fuck!
03[19:36] * Kt (~Kt@149.130.234.215) has left #bt05
01[19:36] <@Savant> 3Lathander> You should be more grateful to her, Emanna. She was very nice to us.
[19:36] <@Gabriel> ::to Emanna:: We don't have watermelon. But we've got waterroot. And we've got sauguaro. Waterroot ice cream is my son's favorite.
[19:36] <@Melissa> Foot> ::flips the omnitool to a pick and a scanner and steps up beside the car, careful not to touch it, scanning the security system. Thinking she saw where to go to work, she leaned in, keeping a casual look as she disabled the security and the lock::
01[19:37] <@Savant> Click click! Melissa hears a beep or two form the security system, which is about to start blaring before she snips a wire or two, and the thing goes dead. IT only takes a moment longer to get the door open.
[19:37] <@Detro> ::hands gripping the wheel tightly:: Right. Why follow us through the jungle when they can just fly up and over to the most logical exit. Merde.
[19:37] <@Mem> ::tries to see what's going on:: All future getaway vans will be required to have an anti-air cannon mounted on top.
01[19:37] <@Savant> 5Kids> ::near MElissa, the crowd of kids point and cheer:: Are you gonna crash that one too?
01[19:38] <@Savant> 3Emanna> What's a water root taste like? Does it only grow in water?
[19:38] <@Delgado> ::shakes her head slowly:: Ice cream. Is that like ice cubes made from cream?
[19:39] <@Melissa> ::smirks and gives the kids a short bow:: Unfortunately, this one needs to get me to a very important meeting. But, if I'm around here again... ::gives them a wink and slips in behind the wheel::
01[19:40] <@Savant> Detro barely sees a cannon swivelling downwards before it's firing -bang-bang-bang-bang into the road right ahead of the minivan. He's barely got a moment to spin the wheel as hard rubber shells slap into the hood and windshield, cracking it.
[19:40] <@Mem> Is there a roadblock?
[19:40] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Exactly right. It comes from trees. Trees are big, big, big plants. Much bigger than you can grow in a hydroponic bay. The trees have to grow where there's lots and lots of water.
[19:40] <@Detro> ::breaks left, away from the line of fire the best he can... maneuvering under the VTOL could be dangerous with the downward thrust from its units::
[19:40] <@Caelin> ::brings his arms up to shield himself as a reflex action::
01[19:41] <@Savant> 3Emanna> I know what trees are. The Helles have some. And they grow them in Hakkar mall! Big green ones!
[19:41] <@Mem> ::secures and closes his laptop as the windshield cracks::
[19:41] <@Roland> Rubber? They're shooting us with rubber? Fucking pansies!
[19:41] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Good. Only these trees grow long tendrils, about this long ::holds his fingers 4" apart:: that turn black and fall off. When they fall off, they look like plant roots.
03[19:42] * Kt (~Kt@149.130.234.215) has joined #Bt05
01[19:42] <@Savant> 3Jerome> Mom said she used to make trees that could eat pollution.
[19:43] <@Gabriel> You can eat them then, but they taste kind of sour. But they smell really nice. So you shred them up and pound them until they're like really dark sugar. And you only put a little little bit into the ice cream.
[19:43] <@Detro> ::wishes this were a fuel engine, otherwise he'd gun it in neutral a few times::
[19:43] <@Detro> Roland, I'm going through. Think you can get a shot?
[19:43] <@Roland> Pick a windshield.
[19:43] <@Mem> Yeah, punch it. I can't think of anywhere else to go.
01[19:44] <@Savant> 5VTOL> GET OUT OF THE VAN NOW.
[19:44] <@Detro> I mean out the back door, Roland.
[19:44] <@Gabriel> ::grins at Delgado:: And no, doctor. Ice cream is milk and sugar and cream and flavors, mixed, then quick-frozen.
[19:44] <@Delgado> ... Oh. I knew that.
[19:44] <@Detro> ::slams his foot on the pedal, going against his better judgement, hoping to get through where there's just enough room...::
01[19:44] <@Savant> 3Emanna> Ice cream ice cream ice cream! I want strawberry!
[19:44] <@Mem> ::puts a middle finger up against the windshield, then looks back at Roland:: Don't miss.
[19:44] <@Gabriel> Where I come from, we have lots and lots of trees. And a big lake with lots of water. So we grow a lot of blackroot trees.
[19:45] <@Roland> Where the fuck have you been the last two cycles, cueball? ::pulls up the BIL and aims out the back window::
[19:45] <@Melissa> Car> ::uses the omnitool to start the engine, flashes the kids a large grin and pulls the door closed::
[19:45] <@Gabriel> ::to Jerome:: And your mom is right. Trees help against polution, but only when they're young trees.
01[19:46] <@Savant> The cannon begins to spit out shells again, slamming into the radiator, spidering the windshield to near-uselessness. a few of teh balls punch through and pound into the chairs and frame of the vehicle.
01[19:47] <@Savant> 3Jerome> She said her trees would eat the pollution for their whole lives, and turn it into little fruits that people could pick, and that they could use the fruits to make gas.
01[19:48] <@Savant> MElissa quickly hotwires her car, guns the engine, and slips back onto the main road
[19:48] <@Gabriel> Well! That's a special tree!
01[19:49] <@Savant> Roland gets slapped square in the middle of the back with one of the shells, knocking the wind out of him.
[19:50] <@Mem> ::pulls his knees up and arms to shield himself from the barrage::
[19:50] <@Detro> ::is forced to drive on memory of what he saw ahead -- which isn't much given the air down here:: Caelin! Get the windshield out of the way!
[19:50] <@Roland> ::jolts forward as a slug catches him square in the back:: Alright now these fuckers are becoming annoying.
[19:50] <@Melissa> Car> ::peels out, but keeps the speed reasonable before pulling back up onto the main road::
01[19:51] <@Savant> The decoy team speeds forwards, zooming underneath the VTOL, which quickly swivels around to give chase.
[19:51] <@Caelin> ::nods and shifts in his seat so that he can get a foot up and starts kicking at the windshield::
01[19:51] <@Savant> 3Lathander> ::remains sullenly quiet when the discussion is about his mother::
01[19:52] <@Savant> The cabin of the van quickly fills with howling wind and the warm stink of polluted air
[19:53] <@Detro> ::has to fight hard to keep his eyes open enough to see where he's going, what with the wind. He shouts over the roar of the wind:: GET ME A GAS MASK!
[19:53] <@Caelin> ::breaks the windshield free and pushes it to the side where it falls to the roadway:: better find a way to lose this thing fast
[19:54] <@Roland> ::lines up the BIL on the cockpit of the VTOL as it turns to follow them, aiming out the back:: Say cheese, shitfaced pendejos! ::performs a smooth pull on the trigger, dwelling the beam of the BIL on the windscreen::
[19:54] <@Mem> ::pulls up his top layer of clothing over his nose and shields his eyes::
01[19:54] <@Savant> 5Radio> Suspect is armed! evading! Anti-vehicle weaponry!
[19:55] <@Melissa> ::pulls up behind Gabriel's van and flashes the headlights a couple of times::
[19:55] <@Detro> ::With his free hand, reaches it behind him into the back seat, waiting for that gas mask before he's totally blinded::
01[19:55] <@Savant> Detro's got a tail now, a close tail. Roland punches a neat hole into the front of the cockpit and the vehicle bobs, though after a bit of a swerve it rights itself, and begins pulling up to one side, to get away from Roland's BIL
[19:55] <@Gabriel> ::grins into the rear view mirror:: Well, look who's back. +com+ Welcome back, Melissa. Is it my imagination, or did the color of your car change?
[19:56] <@Detro> ::swerves the van around the best he can, one-handed::
[19:56] <@Melissa> +com+ I went for a complete overhaul
[19:56] <@Mem> ::looks back at the VTOL as Roland's shot goes off::
01[19:56] <@Savant> ... only for it's facing-away side to explode in a shower of lightning bolts. Smoke pours out of those two engines as it begins to tumble downwards
[19:57] <@Detro> ::feeling no mask in his hand, brings it forward and wipes at his eyes::
[19:58] <@Gabriel> +com+ Good for you. Open a little distance between us. Don't take this personally, but I'd rather not have your heat on us. ::chuckles::
[19:58] <@Roland> ::calls forward:: I think they're going to reconsider their armament.
[19:58] <@Detro> ::coughs, shouting to be heard:: And I think we need to ditch this van before anyone else finds us.
[19:58] <@Mem> ::smirks at Roland from under his impromptu shirt-covering-nose gas mask::
01[19:59] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ There are two more on the way. Get out of here.
[20:00] <@Mem> You gotta teach me how to do that some day. ::turns back to his laptop and starts getting Alpha-level directions::
[20:00] <@Melissa> +com+ Understandable ::puts a bit of distance between the van and her car, watching the skies and the rearview again, listening to the tunes::
[20:00] <@Caelin> ::is relieved to hear scildfreja's voice again::+subcom+working on it freja, try to keep up ::smirks::
[20:00] <@Delgado> When I get a promotion, do I get a car like that? ::grins::
01[20:01] <@Savant> The Distraction team speeds off intot he gloomy depths of Alpha, leaving the corporate world of Gomorrah behind. The other team departs just as smoothly, now that the trouble has been evaded.
[20:01] <@Gabriel> ::takes the off ramp as they approach their destination:: Well, your salary is back home, earning interest. Who knows? You might even be able to afford some ice cream.
01[20:02] <@Savant> Time passes - it's a long trip to the evac point, but it does happen. A day or so goes by before the Talons are in the thin, rarified air of the Highlands, in the Sigma Depression and not far from the lip of the World City.
01[20:03] <@Savant> You find yourselves by yourselves in a Liberati bungalow - one of their rolling caravan trucks - and on your way to meet up with the Van Saars.
03[20:04] * dak (~lcox@68.148.101.135) has joined #bt05
[20:04] <@Roland> ::dozes, half-snoring, in a swaying hammock within the Bungalo, hat pulled down over his eyes::
[20:04] <@Mem> ::sleeps, head up against the side of the truck, the bumpiness of the trip not affecting his ability to snooze::
01[20:04] <@Savant> The Utopian and her host of automated guards have yet to show their heads, but it was simply too dangerous to linger close by the lip of the Trench to stay and wait.
[20:05] <@Detro> ::the insomniac, isn't sleeping much at all::
[20:05] <@Caelin> ::paces within the liberati truck, having not heard from scildfreja since entering the alpha level of gommorah::
[20:05] <@Detro> ::watches Caelin pace back and forth::
[20:06] <@Melissa> ::sighs to herself, having to have given up the car, but the hammock was nice and comfortable::
01[20:06] <@Savant> 5Spidhra Recon Drone> ::The last lonely Spidhra drone paces back and forth behind Caelin::
[20:06] <@Detro> ::figures it's probably the worst thing -- to have possibly lost a team member, but not know for certain. At least BT05's losses had all been confirmed deaths, and swift ones for the most part::
[20:06] <@Gabriel> ::sits in one of the forward seats, typing an after-action report into a computer, having spent the last couple of hours dispensing ice cream and a couple of One-Eyed Jack stories before hustling the kids off to bunks::
01[20:07] <@Savant> And all of the children were asleep in their beds, with visions of ice cream dancing in their heads.
[20:07] <@Delgado> ::sits cross-legged in one of the remaining seats, not able to sleep at the moment, just staring off at nothing::
[20:08] <@Mem> ::stirs a little, tugging on a longcoat he'd been using as a blanket, and mumbles something incoherent as he shifts his weight around::
[20:08] <@Caelin> ::pulls a fancy looking timepiece from his pocket and looks at it, frowning::
[20:08] <@Gabriel> ::finishes the report and files it, then sets the computer aside::
01[20:08] <@Savant> The trench is behind you, visible only as a faint glow on the jagged horizon. It's a different world out here - wide open, desolate, nothing but stars and rock and dust as far as the eye can see. Hard to believe it's the same planet.
[20:08] <@Gabriel> If what I'm hearing is true, we're not going to have time to return to Gomorrah before Bastille Alpha.
[20:09] <@Detro> ::seeing Caelin's actions:: She made it out fine, Caelin. I'm sure of it. Just having to lay low, or maybe make some mayhem elsewhere to cover her escape.
[20:09] <@Detro> ::sitting on the edge of a hammock at floor level::
[20:12] <@Detro> I mean, everything I've seen so far, you guys are a tough team to beat.
[20:12] <@Detro> ::at the same time, Detro's asking himself some pretty serious questions... did he really mean it when he said he didn't intent to kick Caelin out of the driver's seat, or was he worried the Utopian would try to turn back to save his partner?::
01[20:13] <@Savant> The communication equipment stacked along with the rest of the Talons' supplies beeps once.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> ::walks over to answer the phone::
[20:13] <@Caelin> ::stops and leans against the interior wall of the truck, arms crossed:: this isn't the first time she's done something like this, but it's different...i...::turns sharply towards the communications equipment::
[20:14] <@Melissa> ::glances over at the equipment, half poised to go answer it only to see Gabriel get it::
[20:14] <@Detro> ::was listening, but follows Caelin's gaze and half-rises himself, a hand out on the wall to support himself::
01[20:15] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::After he's pulled from the pile of computer equipment, Cory Macedon's weary but smiling face is visible on the tiny viewscreen:: Captain Tynes, aren't you a sight for sore eyes. Good to swee you've made it out, sir.
[20:15] <@Gabriel> Good to see you too, Sous-Sergeant. Likely at much closer range soon. We're headed to the rendezvous now.
[20:16] <@Mem> ::curls up in the chair even more as people move about in the truck, oblivious for the most part::
01[20:16] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ We were worried about the news reports coming out of the city. Well, as worried as we've been able to be.
[20:17] <@Gabriel> +com+ Anything we might not have heard yet? You could make my day and tell me the keffs declared martial law. ::grins::
[20:18] <@Caelin> ::slids downs to a seated position on the floor as it turns out to be one of the talon's crew::
01[20:20] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ ::smirks:: No sir, but they may as well have. Gate to Earth opened a week ago. Some two-hundred patrol cutters came through. They match old Concordat files, they're recommissions. And - get this - Ten cargo haulers. And it looks like they're carrying live cargo.
[20:20] <@Detro> ::puts a reassuring hand on Caelin's shoulder as he moves to get closer::
[20:20] <@Gabriel> +com+ What sort of live cargo? Settlers?
[20:21] <@Delgado> ::perks up a bit and edges closer herself for a better listen::
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ I bet, sir. Had to bounce the RF off of Inara, but the whole thing's environmental controlled. They'd move anything but people in vitro.
[20:23] <@Gabriel> +com+ Headed for Caprice, or headed for the Utopia gate?
[20:23] <@Caelin> ::pulls away a bit, suddenly feeling a little awkward at the contact::thanks
01[20:23] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ They're headed to Inara so far, but they could be slingshotting to the gate or to Caprice. Hard to say, but I'll keep you ahead of the game.
[20:24] <@Detro> She'll make it. Believe in that. ::steps closer, and as such, the hand is removed::
01[20:24] <@Savant> ((Bah. Indra, not Inara. Inara's a moon.))
[20:25] <@Roland> ::from beneath his hat:: Maybe they're empty, and they're planning on picking up all the poor sons of bitches they left on TN when they ran::
[20:25] <@Gabriel> +com+ Very good. What about the cutters?
[20:25] <@Mem> ::hits a bump on the road and jumps up, eyes closed, muttering:: You fucking missed. ::blinks and glances around sleepily::
[20:26] <@Detro> Or maybe they've given up on the GREL and are arming ordinary people to fight now.
01[20:26] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Spreading out in patrols, with a good amount of them heading to Heaven Station and another to Caprice.
[20:26] <@Melissa> ::pulls out a datapad and starts sketch the hot rod, though starts making modifications for better handling::
[20:27] <@Gabriel> +com+ ::frowns and nods:: I'd say the Third is getting some relief.
01[20:28] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Looks like it, evne if they're old cutters, they're something. Also, Talon 11 is reporting something fun. The CEF is starting to build somethign in orbit of CArthage. I guess they're getting nervous about all their assets being within throwing distance of Caprice.
[20:29] <@Detro> Ouch. That's bad timing.
[20:29] <@Detro> ::smiles:: Maybe we can help them out on our way back to Terra Nova.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> +com+ Hmph. More good news. Something big, or something small?
[20:30] <@Mem> ::sits up and rubs his eyes reluctantly::
[20:30] <@Gabriel> +com+ Maybe we can arrange for one of those cutters to have a little accident. A Monolith sort of accident.
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ There's a fleet tender, two cruisers and a few destroyers out there. A lot of work crews as well. It looks like they're tugging a few asteroids in from the belt for materials as well. I'm no engineer but I'm guessing big.
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::from offscreen:: +com+ It's a port station. They want to post part of the fleet there. Quick response time anywhere in system, since they're orbiting so much more quickly and can shoot around Loki.
[20:33] <@Gabriel> +com+ Very well. For now, pass it along. We're not really loaded for another major space strike, but I'll give it some thought.
[20:33] <@Mem> ::overhears the captain and glances over, still in the haze of sleep::
[20:33] <@Caelin> ::for the most part isn't paying much attention to the conversation near, something about ships and building something, he wants to hear something else right now::
[20:34] <@Gabriel> +com+ Yep, seems likely, Aggie. Keep an eye on it, and see if you can determine who they're using as labor, and how they're coming in.
[20:34] <@Detro> ::moves up beisde Tynes slowly::
01[20:34] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ ::grins:: Already making the rounds. Gotah's good. One last thing, too, from TAlon 04. They've agreed to help you out. They're going to try to stage a big distraction in the same drop zone as Mt Valhalla for the minutes before your strike. They'll try to pull the drop pods onto them, as much as they can.
[20:35] <@Gabriel> +com+ Well! Some good news, for a change. Remind me to buy 04 something nice.
[20:35] <@Detro> ::coughs slightly to get Gabriel's attention, then tilts his head towards Caelin::
01[20:35] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ They've already composed a wishlist for you, I'm sending it now.
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ That's all, Captain. Any orders?
[20:36] <@Gabriel> +com+ Good. And yes. Inform the crew that we're going to be pretty full on the run back. If all goes well, seven passengers.
[20:37] <@Delgado> ::thinks 'if all goes well?'::
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Seven! We'll get on it. We might have to sacrifice some space to make it work. ::glances over his shoulder:: Very good Captain. Pathfinder out.
02[20:38] * @Mem (Brad@cm-24-121-127-241.flagstaff.az.npgco.com) Quit (Ping timeout)
[20:38] <@Gabriel> ::nods as communication ceases and closes the transmitter, then turns to Detro::
[20:39] <@Detro> ::quietly:: I was going to ask if those reports from the city might have been of interest... ::again, he nods slightly to the Utopian::
03[20:39] * Mem (~Brad@24.121.184.167) has joined #BT05
[20:40] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Don't want to put anything about the Utopians on any frequency, for any reason. I'm sure our transmissions are secure, but why risk it?
03[20:40] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Mem
[20:40] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: Seems to be hitting him pretty hard, is all. Do we really want that kind of distraction in his head out on the battlefield?
[20:41] <@Gabriel> We have a couple of days for refitting and reconfiguring. If we need to, I'll send Roland and Delgado with him in a Spider to search for her.
[20:41] <@Caelin> ::lifts his head up::i'm worried...but i won't be distracted...
[20:41] <@Detro> ::winces, as he hadn't expected Caelin to overhear:: Sorry Caelin, it's just...
[20:41] <@Roland> ::uses a finger to push the brim of his hat up at mention of his name and frowns briefly before lowering it again::
[20:41] <@Gabriel> You did well on this mission, Detro. I've put in for promotion for you, to Sergent.
[20:42] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Caelin:: Perfectly understandable. We don't leave our people behind, either. We'll get her back, or find out what happened to her.
[20:42] <@Detro> ::blinks, as his attention is diverted back to Tynes:: Uh, thank you sir.
[20:42] <@Detro> ::there's a bit of a smile on his face as he says that::
01[20:43] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[20:43] <@Delgado> Wait, I'm going where with -who-?
01[20:43] <@Savant> ha haa. add that into the log.
01[20:43] <@Savant> that's awesome
[20:43] <@Caelin> lol
[20:43] <@Gabriel> ::grins:: I was hoping Itz would notice that. Wink
06[20:43] * @Delgado grins
[20:43] <@Gabriel> It's what you get for not having any Mech skill. Wink
[20:43] <@Mem> rofl
[20:43] <@Delgado> I have 2c2 in Gear! heh
[20:44] <@Gabriel> TS/Mech.
01[20:44] <@Savant> well done all. Great last game int he Big City, i thought!
[20:44] <@Gabriel> The rest of us have to finish repairs on the Gears and refit them for the battle.
[20:44] <@Delgado> Oh
[20:44] <@Delgado> word
03[20:44] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[20:44] <@Mem> No more Gomorrah? Forever? Sad
01[20:45] <@Savant> there may be a bit more on your way to Utopia. we'll see.
[20:45] <@Gabriel> Technically, we have to go back one more time for some supplies.
01[20:45] <@Savant> any questions?
[20:45] <@Gabriel> But I don't know that we need a game for that.
01[20:45] <@Savant> i don't think we do
[20:46] <@Gabriel> Nope, good stuff. Smile
01[20:46] <@Savant> okay. let's expee.
01[20:46] <@Savant> one for being here. Good job on being here.
01[20:47] <@Savant> TWo is for teamwork. what was the teamwork like?
[20:47] <@Gabriel> We try to be.
[20:47] <@Detro> What was it like? Fisticuffs.
[20:47] <@Caelin> do we need to go back to the trench for supplies? couldn't we get it from the liberati?
[20:49] <@Gabriel> Later. For now, start talking about teamwork stuffs. I wasn't there, so I can't comment on what I liked yet.
01[20:49] <@Savant> teamwork was that good, huh? Wink hee
[20:49] <@Detro> I'd disagree on that with one aspect.
[20:49] <@Roland> Roland blew up the stuff Detro couldn't avoid. Wink
[20:49] <@Detro> That aspect worked.
[20:49] <@Gabriel> Actually, I'll comment on the one bit of teamwork that Gabriel was there for that I really liked: Detro's concern for Caelin. That relationship is forming up nicely.
[20:50] <@Caelin> i think scildfreja helped roland with that vtol btw:)
01[20:50] <@Savant> i agree with Gabriel.
[20:51] <@Detro> Smile
01[20:51] <@Savant> that could easily just be self preservation too, Roland Wink
01[20:51] <@Savant> i wanna hear one more example of teamwork before you get this point
[20:52] <@Detro> Heh, nah. Detro made sure Roland was ready for that push past the VTOL
[20:52] <@Detro> So Roland was warned and ready and braced for the shot
01[20:52] <@Savant> i was teasing Wink that was decently co-ordinated.
[20:52] <@Caelin> caelin kicking the windshield out for detro, keeping an eye out
[20:52] <@Detro> Mel deserves some credit for a nice evasion and then getting linked back up with Tynes.
01[20:53] <@Savant> oh, fine, have one for teamwork Wink and yes, Melissa did a good job of drawing off the fuzz and then evading them
[20:53] <@LrdVampyre> Smile
01[20:53] <@Savant> next point is storyline.w hat have you learned?
[20:53] <@Detro> We stirred up a hornet's nest in the Trench?
[20:53] <@Detro> That the plans for basing the first wave of Terra Novan troops nearby is in jeopardy?
[20:54] <@Caelin> there's a tree that can take pollution out of the air and turn it into fuel?
[20:54] <@Delgado> lol
[20:54] <@Roland> There there's an awful lot more ships in the system, which means it'll be more fun getting out.
[20:54] <@Detro> That a large number of non-GREL people have shown up in system, for a variety of possibilities?
[20:54] <@Gabriel> And getting back in. And stealing a Gateship.
[20:55] <@Gabriel> We need to learn more about these cutters, particularly if there are 200 of them. If there's that many, they have a decent shot at closing the main TN Gate from both sides.
[20:55] <@Detro> ::nods:: Very valid point.
[20:55] <@LrdVampyre> well, we do have all those ship schematics
[20:55] <@Detro> With the space industries of TN crippled, we can't afford to lose gateships.
[20:55] <@Gabriel> Oh! Yeah, very good point.
[20:55] <@Detro> Or even have them damaged.
[20:57] <@Gabriel> CEF is also taking an interest in Carthage, which is annoying.
[20:57] <@Gabriel> Whole point to building a base there was that the CEF was ignoring it.
[20:57] <@Caelin> the cutters are supposedly recommissioned vessels, they'll likely have been upgraded some, but we can likely assume they'll be using technology we've seen, don't think they'd be able to do anything really fancy with them
01[20:57] <@Savant> in later, more full reports, you realize that the CEF has no idea that there's pretty much a full Talons base running on Carthage by now, and the CEF still doesn't know about it.
[20:57] <@Gabriel> And of course, the big news is settlers. Things on Earth must be pretty awful if they're gonna try to start moving people with things in this much flux.
[20:58] <@Detro> Heh. I wouldn't say they're settlers just yet.
[20:58] <@Mem> That goes well with their Earth Appreciation Group we saw Rasuul meeting with the last time.
[20:58] <@Gabriel> Doubt they're soldiers. I can't imagine they'd bother to go to the expense of moving soldiers this way.
[20:58] <@Roland> Do we know that there are people in those ships?
[20:59] <@Detro> Doubt they'd go through the expense of moving colonists that way either.
[20:59] <@Gabriel> Yeah. Macedon said it had to be people because anything else, they'd just move fertilized cells.
[20:59] <@Mem> live cargo. could be cows. Wink
01[20:59] <@Savant> let's give you three points, plus one for concluding a wonderful little Gomorrah arc. That's four. Well done!
01[20:59] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:45] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:45] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:45] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
[18:45] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:45] <@Melissa> ::attn::
[18:46] <@Mem> ::attn::
[18:46] <@Birkin> ::attn::
[18:46] <@Caelin> ::attn::
01[18:47] <@Savant> so, yeah, stupid. I got home at 5.30, a full hour before the game. Was then asked to go on a trip to the store to pick up a few things. As we were turning off from the side road to the main road, she remembered that she had left the stove on, so she pointed at the gas station, said "meet me over there" and ran out of the car.
01[18:47] <@Savant> I've spent the last 45 minutes or so trying to find her, to no avail.
01[18:48] <@Savant> so yeah, dumb Wink
[18:48] <@Birkin> dames.
[18:48] <@Caelin> ahh, God F'ing Dames then:)
01[18:48] <@Savant> because of this I may vapourize for a wee bit somewhere in here, but I hope that to not the case
01[18:50] <@Savant> i'll brief you, will be AFK for a moment, and then return for questions
03[18:50] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
01[18:50] <@Savant> someone prod Jester to change nicks Wink
01[18:50] <@Savant> there we are
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2To Move a Mountain
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2 19 Lares 275LC, 1500h - Afternoon - (23S TN1945)
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2 Maribold Training Facility, Northern Sigma Depression, Caprice.
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2 -65 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity, 23 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:50] <@Savant> It's your last chance. Your last chance to back out, last chance to change tactics, last chance to affect the placement of the charges that are supposed to take down a mountain. That's all metaphorical of course; you're not actually trying to collapse Mt Valhalla, just the power it represents.
01[18:50] <@Savant> And it *is* powerful. Mt Valhalla is a major CEF bastion, unlike the firebases you have encountered in the Sigma Depression. IT's well defended, well established, and will be difficult to disloge.
01[18:50] <@Savant> It's time to play all of your cards, Black Talons, and hope that the CEF isn't the one holding the ace.
01[18:50] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:50] <@Mem> ack
[18:50] <@Gabriel> ummmm... ack?
[18:51] <@Birkin> ack
[18:51] <@Detro> ack
[18:51] <@Mem> Thankfully for us, there are four aces in a deck. Wink
[18:51] <@Melissa> ack
[18:51] <@Caelin> ack
[18:52] <@Gabriel> Wasn't aware we were attacking the place...
01[18:53] <@Savant> you're provin to the CEF that Mt Valhalla is useless. You're neutralizing it, in a form.
01[18:53] <@Savant> questions?
[18:53] <@Detro> ::raises::
01[18:53] <@Savant> Detro
[18:53] <@Detro> How did I get schtuped with the job of figuring out our battle plan for this anyways? ;D
06[18:53] * @Savant points at Gabriel
[18:54] <@Mem> You didn't. We were min/maxing.
[18:54] <@Gabriel> This is a group effort. Everyone's involved. ::raises::
01[18:54] <@Savant> Gabriel?
[18:54] <@Gabriel> Did Caelin's bad-tempered companion turn up?
[18:54] <@Detro> Good, wanted to affirm THAT Wink
01[18:54] <@Savant> not yet, no
[18:55] <@Caelin> bad tempered?
[18:55] <@Gabriel> May we assume that those players not around are in a Spider out looking for her?
01[18:55] <@Savant> sounds perfectly amenable
01[18:55] <@Savant> anything else?
[18:56] <@Gabriel> Everyone should read: http://talons.mcc3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bastille_Alpha_Mission_Profile
01[18:56] <@Savant> Pathfinder is currently landed, and a cloth tunnel has been set up between her vehicle bay airlock and one of the Liberati garages in the Jundcamp.
[18:56] <@Gabriel> We'll be making rather extensive modifications to it over the next few days.
[18:56] <@Detro> ::raises::
01[18:56] <@Savant> Detro?
[18:56] <@Detro> Kellerton?
01[18:56] <@Savant> present
[18:56] <@Detro> :Very Happy:
01[18:56] <@Savant> very, very busy, mind you
[18:57] <@Detro> Heh. We both are. And that's why Detro's an insomniac. Wink
01[18:57] <@Savant> she's a narcolepti-zzzzzzzzz
01[18:57] <@Savant> let's roll, then.
01[18:57] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:58] <@Detro> ::is busy working on JJ, as it's providing a nice diversion from the myriad of thoughts crowding his head::
01[18:58] <@Savant> The vehicle bay of Pathfinder is broad and, at the moment, cluttered. The Gears are out and undergoing some checks before the upcoming engagement, and the place is busy with activity. Even Pathfinder's crew are helping out.
[18:59] <@Melissa> ::is crawling over Bonaparte, checking everything::
01[18:59] <@Savant> The doors are open, but the bay stays pressurized due to a broad cloth tunnel that mates closely to a Liberati garage. Both the garage and the tube are well camouflaged and covered in a layer of soil, and PAthfinder's hidden under cmouflage tarps.
[19:00] <@Detro> ::pauses, eying the MAAC mounted on Cerberus. Something about the gun's been bothering him, nipping at his consciousness::
[19:01] <@Birkin> ::spies Detro eying Cerberus for a moment and snapes in front of his face with his right hand:: Something wrong?
01[19:02] <@Savant> Beyond lies the Jund field base. And it *is* a field base. UNlike most Liberati encampments, which are colourful and filled with homey touches, this place is clean, organized, and the same red-grey as Caprice itself - indeed, the base is made out of heavy cement and adobe crafted from the planet itself.
[19:02] <@Detro> Eh, I'm not sure. ::gestures with a wrench to the MAAC:: That's basically just the same kind of autocannon mounted on JJ, but able to fire really fast, right?
[19:02] <@Caelin> ::is suited up in his armiger, going over the fitting of one of the VLRG's recieved from mariss milspec::
[19:03] <@Birkin> ::shrugs:: Yeah I guess. Shes more designed to hit aircraft. Range of a MAC but with a faster rotating barrel, I can spit off a lot more rounds.
[19:04] <@Detro> ::nods:: Did you happen to use that against any of the drones back at that mining facility?
[19:04] <@Detro> ::looks down briefly to put the wrench on and finish the last turn - just a quick fix, really, as Melissa was handling the bulk of the repair work. He just needed to clear his head a bit.::
01[19:05] <@Savant> Liberati come in and out from time to time, to share their plans, ask advice on placement and the specifics of their new fire control systems; they're a new army but they show great promise - motivated, diversely capable, lightning quick. They could easily be made into mechanised Mongolians.
[19:05] <@Birkin> ::shakes his head:: Nope. Others handled that shit primarily. By the time I got soultions on them all after waiting for you crew to make em dance, they were gone.
[19:06] <@Detro> Hmm. ::a beat, then he hops down off JJ's arm:: I'm wondering if that gun of yours would work well against a swarm of drones.
[19:06] <@Melissa> ::after finishing the look over the tank, she grabbed her tools and datapad and began going over the reports of the damage::
[19:08] <@Mem> ::wanders back up towards Pathfinder from the Liberati base, a handful of datapads under his arm, not looking too out of it with all of the burdens the team was suddenly faced with in the coming days::
[19:10] <@Birkin> Probably. AGainst drones though I wont be hitting tanks. And they're a pretty big problem all on their own.
[19:10] <@Gabriel> ::enters the vehicle bay, a pair of trideo emitters under one arm, a laptop computer under the other::
01[19:10] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Gennady Maribold is walking alongside Mem. The man seems energized, far more so than you last met him at the great meeting of the Liberati upon your arrival at the planet::
[19:11] <@Detro> Well, that's just it. They're going to have *everything* out on that field once the excrement hits the ventilators.
01[19:11] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Gesturing as he speaks:: We don't have enough armed rock trucks, we lack punch. We lack a lot, really. You know that.
[19:12] <@Gabriel> ::sets up the trideo emitters in two corners of an open space and activates both, linking them to the laptop and displaying the most recent surveillance map::
01[19:13] <@Savant> Gabriel pulls up a moving, three d video image, maped out in front of him like a floating plain with Mt Valhalla in the centre, and the Normandiss Slip outlined in a thin green shade. A small tag on the side indicates that the image was smuggled in by the al Bansen during their recent orbit.
[19:13] <@Birkin> So then how will you be fixing that?
[19:13] <@Detro> I'd love to say we could just ignore those recon drones, but some of the fire that got Craig damn near got me.
[19:14] <@Melissa> ::begins working on Shepard, going over the damage. Finding some extra armor plating and begins to weld them onto the Gear::
[19:14] <@Mem> ::scratches the back of his head with his free hand:: No shortage of willpower, thankfully. That's why you guys are still around. Leave the bulk of the firepower to us.
[19:14] <@Detro> But that said, there's bound to be air support over us dropping minefields... probably those newer light tanks, and some of their heavier cousins...
[19:15] <@Detro> ::shrugs at Birkin:: The first thing that comes to mind is keeping the target locks off our backs. That means keeping those recon drones out of range.
01[19:16] <@Savant> 3Arkadmont Darrik> ::he grumbles:: You wont' be here for the next one. We won't be able to get the Keffs off of our planet unless we can do it on our own. No disrespect, Raven.
[19:17] <@Detro> ::looks up at JJ's gun:: That autocannon your Junkman cooked up for you guys is good, but it's not that good for what we need -- hitting a lot of targets fast.
[19:17] <@Caelin> ::takes the cable attached to the gun and plugs it into the socket in his armiger's forearm then cycles the the clip though it is empty at the moment::
[19:17] <@Melissa> ::once finished with Shepard, she pulls out some more armor plating along with an electronics kit and heads over to JJ::
[19:18] <@Mem> None taken. ::spots Tynes and wanders over with Gennady and Arkad in tow, glancing over at Melissa and his gear along the way:: You'll have an army for yourself after this.
[19:18] <@Birkin> So what do you want to do with it?
[19:18] <@Detro> Well, normally I'd say we switch over to rocket packs. JJ's dual setup comes in pretty handy... but if we have a lot of targets, they'll go empty rather quickly.
[19:19] <@Gabriel> ::is working on populating the map with information from the current tactical plan::
[19:19] <@Birkin> ::Frowns:: Hey I gotta go work on some mines. Walk with me we can continue this hm? ::motions for Detro to follow as Birkin moves over towards some of the crates in the back of the Pathfinder::
[19:20] <@Caelin> ::walks over to gabriel:: this is a well made rifle, i imagine you have a specific use for it?
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::Strolls over to Gabriel, eating - of all things - an apple. Looks fresh, too.::
[19:20] <@Detro> Sure. ::follows Birkin:: See, that air cannon's got a great rate of fire. And I'll bet if you dragged that thing across a bunch of drones, it'd take out the small ones easily enough, maybe damage the bigger oens.
[19:21] <@Gabriel> ::as Mem approaches:: Good morning, Lieutenant. ::nods at Caelin:: We'll see.
[19:21] <@Gabriel> ::to Caelin:: What is the standard armament for one of your Armigers?
[19:21] <@Birkin> If I did sure. But I'm just that good after all ::gives a shrug as he picks up a appropriate sized block of SEMTEX and begins to toss it between his hands:: Whatcha thinking about? Dumb AI's or something controlling them?
[19:22] <@Detro> Nah. Anything we put that's stationary is going to be the *first* thing wiped out by the CEF. Probably won't even waste the time getting a target designator on them, just trash them from long range.
[19:22] <@Mem> Captain. I've got some more recent geological data. Couple of spots I didn't see before, which might help cover our escape. ::sets down the datapads near him and starts to upload the info into the display::
[19:24] <@Detro> ::scratches his chin in thought:: For all intents and purposes, they're almost the same as the autocannon on JJ. Which means it should hold about 150, 160 rounds of ammo. That'd last pretty long -- longer than my rocket ammo.
01[19:24] <@Savant> The two Liberati approach the Talons' impromptu strategy session along with Mem, folding their arms and looking critically at the display
[19:24] <@Gabriel> Thank you, Lieutenant. That will be quite helpful. ::calls out to the others:: Everyone gather round.
[19:24] <@Birkin> You asking me to be a walking MAAC platform? ::gives Detro a frown and opens up another box, cursing in French before opening another and finding himself the right detonator::
[19:25] <@Mem> ::squats down to make room for the others::
[19:25] <@Birkin> ::looks up at the Captain for a moment and grunts:: Figures. ::takes the brick of explosives over with him fiddling with the detonator as he does so::
[19:25] <@Detro> Hmm. No. Cerberus is carrying too many other useful weapons to be switched over to that kind of design.
[19:26] <@Gabriel> OK, Talons, listen up. Here's the basics of the plan. As you are all aware, the Liberati have been working with teams on the inside of Bastille Alpha for some time, planning on releasing a number of GREL and other prisoners to join their cause. The GREL, in particular, will be joining the Liberati as direct fighters.
[19:26] <@Detro> ::follows along:: JJ would probably be the better choice for that. ::grabs a spare crate and hauls it forward, sitting on it:: At the very least, save some of the special MRP ammo... ::listens::
[19:26] <@Birkin> ::stops in front of the Captain, pulling himself away from the detonator to listen to the Captain::
[19:27] <@Gabriel> We are planning to act in support of that break-out. You've all read the basics of the Liberati plan: they plan to open a fissure underneath the prison with the help of their inside team, enter the fissure, and provide the escapees with suits suitable for the Highlands. Once a group of former prisoners is suited up, they'll be loaded onto rock trucks which will take them out along this green path, here. ::indicates the path on the map
[19:27] <@Melissa> ::climbs into the cockpit and begins to remove the damaged electronics, pulling off panels and pulling out fried modulars. Once all removed, she begins the tedious job of sliding in the new components and working on the re-wiring::
[19:28] <@Gabriel> For as long as possible, the Liberati plan to work in secret. However, as you can see from this data from Gennady Maribold and Dorchester Van Saar, they are also bringing a large number of vehicles and fighters to support this break-out. Sooner or later, the break-out will be discovered.
01[19:28] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::raises a hand and interjects:: They'll be armed, mostly with captured BILs and rifles from the Hattenai.
[19:29] <@Gabriel> When that happens, I expect things are going to become quite exciting. Bastille Alpha is not only guarded for its own sake, but is a major deploy point for their patrol forces throughout this region.
[19:29] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Thank you, Gennady. And I've set aside a supply of our heavier small arms for those trained in heavy weapons.
[19:30] <@Birkin> SpaceCom won't Arclight this area either. So we're talking about Drones. Swarms of them.
01[19:30] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::nods:: We're told there are upwards of a thousand Mordred in there that are specialized in heavy weapons.
[19:30] <@Birkin> Correct sir?
[19:30] <@Gabriel> That's right, Sous-Adjutant. Talon 04 will be providing a distraction at some distance from the Rock to the southwest, but rather rapidly, the keffs are going to fall on us with everything they have in the area.
[19:30] <@Gabriel> Drone drops, frames, light tanks, heavy tanks, GREL infantry, fighters... you name it.
[19:31] <@Birkin> spitwads.
[19:31] <@Detro> ::holds back his own assessment that if the CEF feels the situation warrants it, they would NOT hold back Arclight::
[19:31] <@Gabriel> There is almost certainly also a sizeable artillery presence in the area, and just to make our lives really interesting, if we're too successful, I have no doubt that Arclight will become involved after all.
[19:32] <@Detro> ::can't help but smile tightly as Tynes seems to agree with him in the long run::
[19:32] <@Gabriel> I expect a rather direct primary attack directly out of the prison at the escapees. In addition, I expect at least two flanking attacks, along these pink lines on the map, here.
[19:32] <@Birkin> (w) Everyone remember to wash your ass so you can kiss it goodbye.
01[19:33] <@Savant> Pathfinder's crew comes over to listen. Pretty soon it's a tight crowd around Gabriel and his trideo map.
[19:33] <@Gabriel> Clear terrain is the CEF's strength, and they're going to do everything they can to use it against us, particularly through this notch on our south flank.
[19:33] <@Detro> ::observes the line, and notes the rough ranges where their longer ranged weapons would come into play::
[19:33] <@Mem> ::pulls over a datapad with his finger while he listens, sliding it along the metal grating and looking over other finer points that had been written down::
[19:34] <@Birkin> ::motions at the pink arrow:: I'll fix them up a few rows of fun to go through before they hit us sir.
[19:34] <@Gabriel> The map shows the location of the Liberati deploy points, mostly concentrated on strong-points and prepared positions along the flanks of their escape route.
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Birkin, but frowns:: Unfortunately, Sous-Adjutant, there just isn't enough time to prepare minefields or collapse points on the scale that we would need them to be successful. The area is just too diverse. Sergent Detro and I worked the numbers all night last night, and the Tactics computer had nothing but bad news for us.
[19:35] <@Melissa> ::finishes the installation of the electronics and begins the diagnostics. Seeing everything is back online and working, she shut down the systems and begins working on the armor plating::
[19:35] <@Gabriel> There is no particular approach point that has less than a 40% chance of being used. In short, they could come at us from any of a dozen different directions.
[19:35] <@Detro> ::nods:: At best, we surprise maybe one or two units, and the rest go around the minefield.
[19:36] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Correct. The pink lines just represent the most likely flanking attacks.
[19:36] <@Birkin> ::folds his arms over his chest:: Alright. So no mines.
[19:36] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: No mines. Instead, we have prepared a displacement strategy centered on prepared strong points around the region, plus additional guns for our Liberati allies, plus spare weapons that they will be placing on the battlefield for our use.
[19:37] <@Gabriel> In short, shoot and run, shoot and run. The battle will take place in four phases. First phase, non-detection. We'll hope this phase lasts as long as possible: the keffs don't notice us, don't fire on us.
[19:38] <@Gabriel> Second phase, initial contact. Lieutenant Mem, you will be in overall command of our force during this phase, from well behind the lines. During this phase, Talon 05 will act as heavy weapon platforms for the large number of Liberati weapons that will be firing on the enemy.
[19:38] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Birkin:: Cerberus and Deacon get two of our three light field guns and 12 rounds of ammo each to fire from them, on targets of opportunity exploited by the Liberati. Bonaparte will have the same mission, as will Erinyes and JJ, from somewhat closer in.
[19:39] <@Gabriel> In short, our normal tactic of pinning down the keffs with MAC fire will not be used during initial contact. Heavy weapons only, on targets of opportunity presented us by the Liberati.
[19:39] <@Gabriel> Questions about phase two?
[19:39] <@Gabriel> <<Gah, Lieutenant Gage>>
[19:39] <@Detro> ::raises::
[19:40] <@Gabriel> Sergent?
[19:40] <@Detro> What's our target priority? CEF units attacking the Liberati, or CEF units threatening to rout our positions?
[19:40] <@Mem> ::nods from his crouch, sliding the datapad back over to the stack::
[19:40] <@Detro> ::shies away from the "Do we keep firing to protect the Liberati until we fall" question::
[19:41] <@Detro> :Surprisedr stating that outright that is::
[19:41] <@Gabriel> For this initial phase, any target that seems amenable to being destroyed. The key thing we need to do during initial contact is to blunt the force of the attacks, and cut the odds as far as possible in our favor, regardless of the actual tactical situation.
[19:41] <@Gabriel> Therefore, any target that the Liberati fire on, we fire on.
[19:42] <@Gabriel> Other questions?
[19:42] <@Caelin> ::raises:: where shall i be deployed, i'm not as fast in armiger as your vehicles
[19:42] <@Gabriel> I'll come to that, but the short version is that I'd like you and your drones to stay as close as possible to the rock trucks. You're tiny, relative to just about anything else on the battlefield, and unlikely to be noticed.
[19:43] <@Detro> ::observes the lines... he hadn't really thought much about the idea of deploying their sole tank forward, given the problems it had run into during the retreat from the Vega Spaceport, but he shrugged::
[19:43] <@Caelin> ::nods::
[19:43] <@Birkin> A Field Gun you say? Hmmm ::raises his eyebrow, liking this idea::
[19:44] <@Gabriel> You'll notice the thick blue line representing fascine temporary road linking these three revetments. The heavy platforms will deploy somewhat forward of these revetments, Erinyes and JJ further forward still. Wren and Shepherd will be rear guard during this phase.
[19:45] <@Gabriel> It's critical during initial contact that as many shots from our heavy weapons, particularly the field guns on Deacon and Cerberus, be fired. As the keffs respond, inevitably, vehicles will begin to be destroyed. The Liberati will hopefully retreat, which means the amount of fire coming from them will dwindle.
[19:46] <@Gabriel> Once this reaches a critical point, the battle will enter phase three, enclosure. This, unfortunately, is probably going to be exactly what it sounds like. We'll be unable to keep the keffs from flanking us, most likely, which means that to a certain extent, we will be surrounded.
[19:46] <@Gabriel> Once this happens, Lieutenant Gage, I will take over overall command of the mission, and Cerberus and Deacon will fall back to the heavy revetments, dropping our field guns along the way.
[19:47] <@Gabriel> Near but not on those positions, the Liberati will set up a pair of light rail guns, fixed and stabilized for high-speed automatic fire.
[19:47] <@Gabriel> Cerberus will take the south gun, Deacon the north. At that point, Cerberus and Deacon will become sort of super-MACs. We'll fire the rail guns empty creating targets of opportunity.
[19:48] <@Gabriel> The job during this stage is create two escape routes. One to the southeast, for the Liberati, the other to the northeast, for us.
[19:49] <@Gabriel> The rest of this team will destroy the targets that Cerberus and Deacon create. It is possible... even likely... that one or more of our Gears will be disabled during this phase. Should this happen, you will activate auto-destruct, and fall back to Spiders which we will park in the roughs to the east of the fascine road.
01[19:50] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Raises his hand, but doesn't wait to speak:: We don't intend to stop or slow down. We have a series of charges in the westward hill escarpments along our escape route that we're going to use to buy us cover and space.
[19:50] <@Melissa> ::finishes with the welding and puts away the tools and does another check over of the vehicles to make sure there is nothing wrong::
[19:50] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Gennady:: Excellent. Lieutenant Gage has identified a series of natural outcroppings which we can use as cover along our route. Fire and fall back, fire and fall back. That's the order of the day during this phase. Once the escape route is open, we take it. That's the first blue arrow.
[19:51] <@Gabriel> Questions about phase three?
01[19:51] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::Isn't saying anything, but he looks anxious and is shifting from foot to foot::
[19:51] <@Detro> ::raises::
[19:51] <@Gabriel> Sergent?
[19:52] <@Detro> After what we saw at the Vega Spaceport, I'm a little worried about TAAFs with FASCAM. Is there any chance of having Pathfinder on station for air support?
[19:52] <@Detro> I mean, last thing we want is to have our escape routes cut off or mined.
01[19:52] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::beams::
[19:53] <@Gabriel> We're not risking Pathfinder during this mission. If Talon 05 should fall, Pathfinder will take the two surviving Sanvit children, any of our surviving Utopian allies, and Weire Cantor back to Terra Nova.
01[19:53] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::Frowns::
[19:54] <@Gabriel> Should TAAFs choose to attack us during this phase of the mission, I suspect they're going to find light rail gun fire a bit difficult to dodge.
[19:54] <@Gabriel> It's my hope, however, that TAAFs will not be able to react fast enough to attack during phase three.
[19:55] <@Birkin> ::grins:: I look forward to it.
01[19:55] <@Savant> 3Arkadmont Darrik> We may have TAAF stationed *at* the rock.
[19:55] <@Detro> ::frowns:: That's going to be a pretty fast response time. Faster than we've encountered so far.
[19:55] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: They still have to launch and get up to combat speed. That takes time. However, we have one further ace in the hole. We have brought large-scale Hammerstrike missile launchers from Terra Nova.
[19:55] <@Gabriel> Cerberus will carry one. Deacon will carry one.
[19:56] <@Gabriel> This will greatly reduce our speed. As a result, we're going to want to fire these launchers empty as quickly as possible. To this end, I have given the Liberati a large number of laser target designator rifles, and we will carry at least two TD packages on our Gears as well.
01[19:57] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Frowns and rubs his chin:: That leaves your Deacon and your Cerberus with a lot of jobs.
[19:57] <@Gabriel> The missiles carried on these launchers can also be fired at attacking TAAFs if necessary.
[19:57] <@Mem> ::glances up at Gennady:: We're all going to busy.
[19:57] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Far too busy, most likely.
[19:58] <@Detro> ::to Tynes:: Which reminds me, I've got a weapons configuration for JJ that I'd like to discuss with you later, sir.
[19:58] <@Gabriel> Sous-Adjutant Birkin and I will be firing our weapons as rapidly as possible through these two phases, particularly during phase two, when Lieutenant Gage can specify our targets.
[19:59] <@Gabriel> I also have great faith in Sous-Adjutant's gunnery. He's often fired his weapons so rapidly I sometimes question his humanity. ::grins at Birkin::
[20:00] <@Detro> ::raises::
01[20:00] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::Grins at Birkin:: Does that make it hard to be popular wih the ladies?
[20:00] <@Mem> Our forward spotters are going to have to be on the ball, too.
[20:00] <@Birkin> Not when you can get it going as many times as I can. I hear sometimes you have that problem. Getting started and all
01[20:01] <@Savant> 3Arkadmont Darrik> We're going to have a number of markerlight teams that will be spotting for our own weapons. You should be able to use the same information - we're using the same frequency as you are.
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::laughs::
[20:03] <@Caelin> ::glances around a bit::
[20:03] <@Detro> With the changeups in configurations, what's going to change for team assignments?
[20:04] <@Gabriel> Haven't decided yet. We're very light. Most likely, however, Red Team, JJ, Wren, Shepherd. Gold Team, Deacon, Cerberus, Bonaparte.
[20:04] <@Gabriel> Caelin, as I mentioned, will stick with and support the Liberati.
[20:04] <@Birkin> Team Big Fat and Deadly
[20:04] <@Gabriel> So, that's phase three. Questions?
01[20:05] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::A young boy, maybe twelve, runs up to the Talons' vehicle bay ramp and then stalls there, eyes open wide and goggling at the war machines on display::
[20:05] <@Caelin> and thats with this group here?::points to the cluster next to the green arrow::
[20:06] <@Melissa> ::gets some black paint and begins to touch up the scratch marks on the gears and tank, whistling as she sprays the paint::
[20:07] <@Gabriel> Liberati forces. ::looks to Gennady to explain::
01[20:07] <@Savant> 3Arkadmont Darrik> ::points at the cluster of vehicles:: Rock trucks. The prisoners will be escaping with them. There are more scattered through the valley, but that's where the pick-up point will be. They've been waiting there for a month.
[20:09] <@Caelin> ::nods::i shall try to keep up
01[20:09] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::Wanders up the ramp, staring up at JJ, agape::
[20:11] <@Melissa> ::finishes the touchup on JJ and turns around and sees the boy:: Howdy
01[20:11] <@Savant> 5Boy> Wowwww... Is this a Gear?
[20:11] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: This brings us to phase four, Escape. Cerberus and Deacon blow the light rail guns with a grenade each and pick up our standard weapons. We'll also have two MACs in nearby locations for pick-up in case someone empties a weapon or gets it destroyed.
[20:12] <@Melissa> ::nods and walks over to the boy:: Yup, that's a Gear
[20:12] <@Gabriel> We try to escape along the blue line here. If the Liberati are being strongly attacked, we'll then cut south to support them, along this line. Otherwise, we take this northern blue line and try to lead the bulk of the CEF forces off.
01[20:12] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::Stares up at the thing, wide-mouthed:: Are you giving them to us?
[20:12] <@Gabriel> Hopefully by this point, the missile launchers will be empty. They'll be mounted with explosive bolts so that we can cut them loose to get out speed back.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> <<*our>>
01[20:13] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::looks over his shoulder, then heads back to the cockpit of Pathfinder::
[20:13] <@Gabriel> Finally, some details. I've tasked a number of drones to this mission. I've also tasked a number of special perks that we need to get installed in the Gears. Additional ECM pods, TD rigs, and MP Gear shields for all the Gears using one-handed weapons.
[20:14] <@Gabriel> We'll also be emptying our stocks of special use ammo, particularly all of our rocket-propelled ammo.
[20:14] <@Melissa> ::chuckles:: No, but we are going to be out there in them, helping you guys out
[20:14] <@Gabriel> As a result, we still have a LOT of work ahead of us to refit the Gears for this fight. ::starts handing out data disks:: Here are the details.
[20:15] <@Gabriel> Caelin, I've tasked one of the new Mariss mini rail guns to your Armiger. Can your Armiger carry and deploy a man-portable missile launcher?
01[20:15] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::Runs a hand on the foot greave of JJ, still in awe:: Emanna said you were going to let the Hattenai make them in their autofacs.
[20:16] <@Mem> ::nods and takes his disk:: If the ECM gets too loud and I take too much heat, we'll play hot potato with it.
[20:16] <@Caelin> ::nods::
[20:17] <@Gabriel> Then you get one. I also recommend that every Gear take one self-destruct grenade. Not just for self-destruction. If you get into trouble and it looks like something tries to run you over or ram you, you'll have something to stuff down its throat.
[20:17] <@Melissa> Hmm...that would make some sense
[20:18] <@Detro> ::pops the data disk into the reader slot on his data glove... most of its familiar, from having seen bits and pieces of it last night::
01[20:19] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::pauses and looks at Melissa, then holds out a slip of paper to her:: I have a message for you.
[20:19] <@Gabriel> Final questions? Suggestions? Comments?
01[20:20] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::presses his lips together::
[20:20] <@Melissa> ::takes the message:: Thanks. If you like, you can sit in that one ::points at Bonaparte::
01[20:20] <@Savant> 5Boy> ::His eyes open wide, and he dashes over to Bonaparte and clambers in with the agility that only a young child has::
[20:20] <@Melissa> ::looks at the message before heading over to the captain::
[20:21] <@Caelin> ::raises:: i would also like to bring my own rifle along as well for a backup, it has an underslung grenade launcher with it that could be usefull, i could keep it stowed on one of the trucks
[20:21] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Of course.
[20:21] <@Detro> ::raises::
[20:21] <@Gabriel> Sergent?
[20:22] <@Detro> I'd like permission to swap out my rocket packs for the same kind of air cannon that Cerberus has, and maybe see if we can mate them to a sniper system. At the very least, I can carry more ammo on the field and have it last longer.
[20:23] <@Melissa> ::walks up to the captain with the message:: Sir, we've got company. A sensor blip that's broadcasting a directed signal.
[20:23] <@Gabriel> ::frowns:: That's gonna leave you without any heavy firepower.
[20:24] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Melissa:: Directed? At us?
[20:24] <@Caelin> ::turns to melissa as well::
[20:24] <@Melissa> It's nearby and it keeps appearing and disappearing from our sensors
[20:25] <@Birkin> ::looks at Caelin:: could that be your companion? Or the spider coming back?
[20:25] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: I'm thinking in terms of dealing with the drones. Once they're not a problem, I can switch over to the ABM you've got me slated for. 'sides, we're short boosted range ammo for my rocket packs, so this would give Wren a full loadout on that instead of half.
[20:26] <@Gabriel> Let's run it through a simulation, see where the advantage is.
[20:27] <@Detro> ::nods::
[20:27] <@Gabriel> ::turns back to Melissa:: How far away is it?
[20:27] <@Caelin> ::nods to birkin:: thats what we would do to locate allies in the field, sweep a tight signal in an area, wait for a response, then relocate and repeat
[20:28] <@Caelin> <<er relocate then wait for response>>
[20:29] <@Melissa> It's a few kilometers away from the last report
[20:30] <@Caelin> ::to gabriel::i will go to intercept
[20:31] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Please do, Caelin. Report back here when you've discovered what it is, if you would.
[20:31] <@Caelin> ::nods and heads out of the vehicle bay, switching to active stealth::
[20:32] <@Melissa> ::turns back to the vehicle bay and her tank::
01[20:33] <@Savant> Caelin heads out - within a moment he's out in the thin atmosphere of Caprice. There are Liberati out here, hard to detect but visible with a hard look. They're moving slowly through the rocks and pointing weapons, apparently training . They can't be heard for the distance, though.
[20:33] <@Gabriel> Melissa, I'd like you to take overall charge of the vehicle modifications and fit-outs I've called for.
[20:35] <@Melissa> ::nods:: Understand sir. ::pulls up the datapad and begins to look at the requested refits:: Should be fun. I'll start on this right away
[20:35] <@Detro> ::hrms, going over the file still, talking to himself::...but the ABM does show some promise... if we did that... pulled this off...
01[20:36] <@Savant> Then Caelin disappears into the rocks, a dark, shimmering shadow
[20:36] <@Birkin> ::looks at Caelin and shakes his head:: When do I get one of those fucking things.
[20:37] <@Gabriel> ::grins at Birkin:: When we stop working out, I think. They don't seem to have big ones, like the ones that were refitted for the Morganas.
[20:37] <@Gabriel> At least not that I've seen yet.
[20:38] <@Birkin> Just gimmie the damn cammo on Cerberus. I'll settle for that.
[20:38] <@Mem> ::smirks at that, knowing he was much smaller than many of the muscled fighters on the team::
01[20:40] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Lieutenant Gage, can you come up to the command pit for a moment?
[20:40] <@Birkin> ::looks at the half made bomb still in his hands:: Well shit. This is usless now isnt it? ::resets the detonator and tosses the SEMTEX between his hands a bit more before he sets it back down in its container::
[20:40] <@Caelin> ::sends out a signal and recieves a response shortly after, he opens a secured armiger frequency::+subcom+[AS]you sure took your time didn't you freja?
[20:40] <@Mem> ::stands and jogs over to the ladder in the vehicle bay::
[20:41] <@Gabriel> ::glances over at Birkin:: Sous-Adjutant, I'd like you to get busy making us some more rocket-propelled field gun rounds.
[20:41] <@Gabriel> We're using every single one we have, and we still need more.
[20:41] <@Melissa> ::begins to gather up the work order and starts with the heavy items first::
01[20:42] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::It takes a little while for the reply to come:: +subcom+ [AS] Is it safe out here? I had to ditch the truck a few kilometers back. I was worried I wouldn't find you.
[20:42] <@Gabriel> We've got plenty of heavy rockets, so cannibalize the motors from some of them.
[20:42] <@Mem> ::climbs up, then walks through the crew cabin and up to the Pathfinder command area:: Yeah?
[20:43] <@Caelin> +subcom+[AS]the liberati fortress is nearby, we're safe
[20:43] <@Birkin> ::nods:: More range it is sir. Anymore AE rounds or just the long range?
[20:43] <@Gabriel> Just long range should be fine. We need at least five more.
[20:43] <@Birkin> Right I'll get on it.
01[20:44] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Waves Mem over - Macedon is at his station, hand to his chin and a concentrated look on his face:: Take a look at this, sir. Blip inside the base. Little transponder. Not sure what it's for.
[20:44] <@Detro> ::Still muttering to himself, working over the weapons profile::
[20:44] <@Mem> "Blip"? ::looks over his shoulder at the screen::
01[20:44] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] These higglers have a fortress?
[20:45] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Detro:: Sergent, we'll pick up planning again tomorrow. For today, I'd like to see if you can mount an anti-missile minigun and radar unit on Bonaparte.
[20:45] <@Mem> ::takes an adjacent empty seat and taps into Pathfinder's comm system and sensors::
[20:45] <@Gabriel> The Dekarch will definitely want to be involved in that project as well.
[20:45] <@Detro> ::looks up briefly, then nods:: Don't forget those simulations. I've got another idea to try out with the missiles those Earthers are so fond of.
[20:46] <@Mem> ::grabs a headset and starts checking comm frequencies, looking for activity::
[20:46] <@Caelin> ::grins a bit to himself:: +subcom+[AS]well it's nothing fancy, but you'd be suprised how well these people work together
[20:46] <@Detro> Right... ::says this almost absentmindedly, but still gets up and glances around for Melissa::
01[20:47] <@Savant> Before too long, several shapes melt out of the shadows of the rocks - an exoskeleton and a small set of drones. One of the Waeps drones is missing, and the ball-shaped Spidhra is slung across the back of the large support drone.
[20:47] <@Birkin> ::begins to take apart one of the heay rockets, securing the primer and activation charge before removing the motor::
[20:48] <@Detro> ::wanders over to Bonaparte::
01[20:48] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ ::doesn't reply, but instead hugs Caelin as she gets close, which seems a bit ungainly in the exoskeletons::
[20:48] <@Mem> ::listens to the headset and starts scanning frequencies::
01[20:49] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> It's not Terranovan and it's not Liberati. Reminds me of Gomorran. It's not very powerful, either.
[20:49] <@Caelin> ::deactivates his camo and frowns::+subvoc+[AS] you lost one of the wa...::gets cut off by the hug which he manages to return:: [still AS] i was worried about you too..
[20:49] <@Mem> Looks like Gallot. ::pulls up the sensors::
[20:50] <@Mem> Garage. ::stands up and sets the headset down and jogs out of the command area::
01[20:50] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] Lost a Waeps. Didn't recover the other Spidhra.
[20:50] <@Detro> ::saves the file he's working on and finally turns his full attention to the tank::
[20:50] <@Detro> ::looks at the tank::
01[20:51] <@Savant> 5Bonaparte> ::its little sensor head swivels to look at Detro::
[20:51] <@Mem> ::climbs down into the vehicle bay, unbuttoning his sidearm's holster::
[20:52] <@Detro> ::makes a face:: You are one ugh-lee vehicle. ::a beat:: But damned tough. Let's see if we can boost that ability of yours a bit.
[20:53] <@Detro> ::raises his voice a bit:: Melissa?
[20:53] <@Mem> Captain. ::goes over to a crate and fishes for a handheld sensor::
[20:53] <@Melissa> ::looks over at Detro:: Yes?
[20:53] <@Gabriel> ::turns his attention back to the battle plan for a few minutes, lost in thought::
[20:54] <@Detro> Ah, there you are. Tynes told you about the modifications he wants to make to this? ::gestures at the tank::
[20:54] <@Birkin> ::removes the motor, and begins to work on the process of attaching it to a field motor round::
[20:54] <@Caelin> ::releases scildfreja and puts his free hand on the 'shoulder' of her armiger, then with arm holding still holding the VLRG, he points up to the pathfinder's vehicle bay:: [AS]we can go in there and get you out of your suit, captain tyne's was just going over the details of the liberati assault on the terra prison
[20:54] <@Mem> ::jogs across the vehicle bay, flipping on the sensors:: Boomer, with me. Now.
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] Thank goodness. My battery's almost dry. When is the fight? ::she moves along with Caelin, waving the drones forward.
[20:56] <@Mem> ::starts scanning around near the entrance to the vehicle bay, heading into the base::
[20:56] <@Detro> ::a beat:: Y'know, an anti-missile system and radar?
[20:57] <@Birkin> ::looks up from his rocket:: Eh? What? Out There? Dont you need a suit? ::leans over to grab his rifle::
[20:57] <@Mem> ::continues down the area connecting the base with the Fury::
01[20:57] <@Savant> Mem walks down the ramp and into the short tunnel to the Liberati garage, which is very large - large enough to have several pillars supporting the interior. Al manner of trucks and trikes and the like are being worked on, it's a hub of activity.
[20:57] <@Melissa> Yup, I have the list right here
[20:57] <@Birkin> ::follows behind Mem, looking around:: Lt? Whats going on?
[20:58] <@Detro> Ah, okay. I guess he wanted me to do it, or help you. ::shrugs:: Whatever your preference.
[20:58] <@Mem> A bug to swat at, I think. ::enters the garage and does a sweep, not stopping::
[20:59] <@Caelin> ::thinks for a moment::[AS]i don't recall any mention of a specific date, i imagine it will be in the next few days though
[20:59] <@Mem> +com+ Cory, Mem. Try to find out how long this thing has been on.
[21:00] <@Melissa> Help would be greatly appreciated. There's a lot of stuff to get done, and the timetable is short
[21:00] <@Birkin> ::follows behind Mem:: Fuck.
[21:00] <@Detro> Okay then. We'll make it "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours." ::Grins:: Thanks for taking care of JJ for me.
[21:00] <@Mem> ::approaches a stack of tool chests on rollers:: Here. Sniff it, make sure it won't blow up. ::continues scanning it::
01[21:00] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::After a beat:: Not sure, the broadcast is dropping quick, so not long. Looks like a battery on its first discharge.
[21:01] <@Detro> ::heads off to get the parts and tools he'll need::
[21:01] <@Birkin> ::examines the tool chest, trying to see if there was anything on the hinges or attached to various peices of the box that could be rigged to blow::
01[21:02] <@Savant> The two Utopians enter the Liberati camp, met by stares as they pass through the airlock and into the Liberati garage.
[21:02] <@Melissa> Okay...let's see about getting these mods done
[21:02] <@Melissa> ::begins to get the modifications underway::
03[21:02] * Retrieving #BT05 modes...
01[21:03] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] I'll need a few hours to recharge at minimum.
[21:03] <@Detro> ::comes back with a work cart loaded down in electronics and 'point manipulation::
01[21:04] <@Savant> Mem and Birkin find it at about the same time - a pencil-sized plastic tube with a hole on the top, where there would have at one time been a pull-cord attached. An emergency transponder.
[21:04] <@Mem> Is it clean?
[21:04] <@Birkin> ... We've been had.
[21:04] <@Birkin> Its clean
[21:05] <@Mem> OK. +com+ Captain, we found a bug. I think we might need to relocate.
[21:05] <@Birkin> ::reaches in and pulls out the small plastic tube:: Transponder.
[21:05] <@Mem> Shut it off. ::looks at it and tries to figure out how far it could broadcast::
[21:06] <@Caelin> ::nods::+subcom+[AS]the ambithera will take care of that
[21:06] <@Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged. Determine make and who it's probably transmitting to.
[21:06] <@Mem> +com+ Looks like Gallot. I'm figuring the second out now.
[21:06] <@Birkin> Gotta break it to stop it Lt. ::places the thing in his hands and threatens to snap it in two::
[21:07] <@Mem> +com+ Cory, is it still weakening?
[21:07] <@Caelin> ::walks through the liberati camp then up the ramp into the vehicle bay of pathfinder::
01[21:08] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ It's still on, sir.
[21:08] <@Mem> +com+ Captain, I don't think this thing could go out too far. No more than eighty clicks.
[21:08] <@Birkin> ::snaps the thing in half::
01[21:08] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Oh, there it went. It's gone.
[21:08] <@Mem> ::tries to wave Birkin off, but he's already snapped it::
[21:08] <@Mem> +com+ Yeah, Boomer got angry.
01[21:09] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Reaches up and takes off her helmet as she, Caelin and their drones ascend into Pathfinder. She looks sweaty and quite tired:: [AS] Is there anything to eat?
01[21:09] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ ::sighs::
[21:09] <@Gabriel> ::frowns:: +com+ 80 kilometers is quite a distance. ::goes looking for Gennady Maribold::
[21:10] <@Mem> ::holds a hand out for the device from Birkin::
[21:10] <@Birkin> ::hands Mem the rig and begins to look at the Liberati around them::
01[21:10] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Is still peering at the trideo map and muttering to himself::
[21:10] <@Mem> +com+ Device is off, captain. It was in a tool box in the garage. Could've been put here by anyone.
[21:11] <@Caelin> ::removes his helmet too::[AS]the liberati have supplied us with some fresh food
[21:11] <@Gabriel> +com+ I'm by the map. Bring it to me. ::to Gennady:: We've found some kind of transmitter.
[21:11] <@Mem> ::nods and jogs back to Pathfinder, buttoning up his sidearm holster again::
01[21:12] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::blinks and looks up:: What? What kind of transmitter?
[21:12] <@Caelin> ::chuckles a bit as well::[AS] you look like you need a shower
[21:12] <@Gabriel> 80 kilometer range bug of some kind. The Lieutenant is bringing it over now.
01[21:12] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] What I wouldn't give for a bath right now. Let's stay away from deserts in the future, Caelin.
[21:13] <@Mem> ::kng-kng-kng come his bootsteps across the vehicle bay, as he jogs up to the captain and holds out the two pieces of the transponder::
01[21:14] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Snatches the bits of plastic from Mem as he approaches, looking it over:: It's a corporate rescue beacon. ::frowns tightly::
[21:14] <@Detro> ::it's a bit of rough work, as Detro's far happier working with gear hardpoints, but eventually, he's got the unit mounted... he calls to Melissa:: Okay, try giving it power. If that works, we can move on to the FireControlWire patch.
[21:14] <@Caelin> ::chuckles::[AS]i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from what i've heard from the terranovans, their headquarters is in the middle of a desert
[21:15] <@Mem> Yeah. The signal looked like Gallot to me, too.
[21:15] <@Melissa> ::helps getting the AMS installed and hocked up to the sensors:: Okay, giving it power now. ::connects the wires and turns on the power::
01[21:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She groans in an exaggerated manner and looks up at the sky, seeming to curse her luck as the Utopians cross the floor to the corner of the bay and stop there:: [AS] I'm sick of sponge baths.
[21:16] <@Detro> ::watches the little radar bar start spinning, and the gun mount goes through its initialization proceedures, aiming up, down, left, right, and spinning about on its little turret::
[21:16] <@Gabriel> +com+ Pathfinder, prepare to lift. We'll do the remainder of the fit-out on the Liberati facilities.
01[21:17] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Scowls at the thing, then glances sharply at Arkadmont:: Are the keffs still maintaining their rescue network?
[21:17] <@Birkin> ::looks around, seeing if there was any cameras here or any Liberati that might have been in the bay that saw who came by::
[21:17] <@Melissa> ::looks at the new addition to the tank and nods::
[21:18] <@Caelin> ::gets a slightly mischievous grin as he leans closer to whisper::[AS]would it help if i did the sponging for you?
01[21:19] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::nods and jogs off with the rest of the flight crew in tow:: Let's go, Pathfinder! Get this bird hot in five!
[21:19] <@Detro> So far, so good. ::pulls a connecting cable out from a compartment on his data glove and patches into an access port at the base of it:: Start the patch there, I'm going to work on the interface translation. "Plug and fire" my ass. ::shakes his head disapprovingly::
[21:20] <@Melissa> ::begins to run the patch::
01[21:20] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She adopts a broad grin and shoves at him playfully with her elbow - it looks very violent with them both in their armoured exoskeletons, but neither of them seem to be at all worried. Nor did she say no.::
01[21:20] <@Savant> 3Arkadmont Darrik> ::After a thoughtful pause, he frowns:: Yes, I think so.
[21:21] <@Birkin> ::frowns and head back towards the pathfinder::
[21:21] <@Detro> ::waiting for a diagnostic to finish, pats the hull of the tank:: Hard to believe this thing survived Arclight.
[21:21] <@Gabriel> +com+ Talons, Pathfinder is lifting. If you need anything else out of her, get it out now, and let's get the Gears and Bonaparte ready to move.
[21:21] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Gennady:: Do you have a backup staging area? It's time to move there.
01[21:21] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Sighs and puts his hand to his forehead:: We have to go, Captain Tynes. See if there was a satelite in orbit over the last hour.
[21:22] <@Birkin> Shit. ::jumps up into open bay doors and begins to secure his gear::
01[21:22] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> Yes, of course. We were going to move tomorrow - it'll be hard to do the final maintenance out there.
[21:22] <@Detro> Oh you gotta be kidding me...
[21:22] <@Melissa> ::grins and looks up:: He's a hardy tank. We've been through a lot together
[21:22] <@Gabriel> Unfortunately, it looks like we're moving today.
[21:22] <@Caelin> ::lets out a laugh as he stumbles back a bit, his smile disappears though when he hears the COM:: hmm
03[21:23] * dak-obs (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has left #BT05
[21:23] <@Detro> ::looks down:: Better put a hold on that patch and get ready to go. Buddha on a bicycle, who the hell fucked up this little rest stop?
01[21:24] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::glances over at Tynes and grunts, her expression going flat again::
[21:24] <@Mem> ::holds out his hand to Gennady:: May I have the transponder back, sir?
[21:24] <@Mem> I'll do some more looking at it.
[21:25] <@Melissa> ::aborts the patch:: The price to be paid for all the hard work we put in.
01[21:25] <@Savant> 3Arkadmont Darrik> ::Shares a brief glance with his companion, and then says:: We have a spy.
[21:25] <@Caelin> ::jogs over to gabriel:: whats happening?
[21:25] <@Detro> ::gathers up the tools, since they'll doubtlessly need them to finish repairs, and scoops up his "away" backpack::
01[21:25] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::gives the remains of the device back to Mem::
[21:25] <@Gabriel> ::to Caelin:: Someone planted a corp transponder on our position.
[21:25] <@Melissa> ::locks down the tank, making sure the boy is gone first::
[21:26] <@Detro> ::to JJ:: Arm down, JJ.
01[21:26] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Follows beside Caelin, the pair of them behemoths beside the unarmoured Talons::
[21:26] <@Caelin> ::frowns:: how? was it the one of the kids?
[21:26] <@Mem> Thanks. ::starts securing anything he sees loose in the bay::
01[21:26] <@Savant> 5JJ> ::lowers its arm after a moment's pause::
[21:27] <@Detro> ::steps onto the arm:: Arm to the cockpit. ::admittedly, it's silly of him to mount up this way, but he's got both hands full with heavy stuff::
01[21:28] <@Savant> 5JJ> ::raises its arm briskly::
[21:28] <@Birkin> ::finishes securing everything before moving over to the Captain:: If we have a spy sir, they're just gonna drop another one as soon as we settle in again::
[21:28] <@Gabriel> +com+ Talons, load the equipment we'll need into the Spiders. Melissa, rig Bonaparte to tow one Spider. Deacon will tow the other.
[21:28] <@Detro> ::yelps a bit in surprise, but gets his feet squared off to ride it out::
[21:28] <@Gabriel> ::heads deeper into Pathfinder to pick up the gear that he'll need::
[21:29] <@Detro> ::looks at JJ's sensor cluster, chuckling:: Right. I forgot, you want to do EVERYTHING fast.
[21:29] <@Mem> ::straps some of the crates up, then jogs back to the crew cabin, collecting datapads and Tynes's trideo setup along the way
[21:29] <@Melissa> +com+ Roger that
[21:29] <@Caelin> ::follows tynes:: we're deploying now?
[21:29] <@Birkin> Cerberus. I hope you're ready to do some killings ::gives the gynormous gear a pat on the leg as he moves past it:: Because I think we're gonna get a lot of trigger time in soon.
[21:30] <@Gabriel> Not deploying, so much as moving. We have to.
[21:30] <@Detro> ::puts the stuff down just long enough to pop the cockpit and slide his backpack in. The tools are a bit harder -- he's probably going to have to ride with some of them on his lap, but it'd let him finish the AMS installation::
01[21:30] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she gestures towards her collection of drones, who all raise to their many-jointed legs and scuttle forwards
[21:31] <@Mem> ::drops back down to the vehicle bay, looking at Gennady:: Coming along? ::smirks::
01[21:31] <@Savant> 5Cerberus> ::looks down at Birkin, its' single eye focusing tight on its pilot::
01[21:32] <@Savant> The two Liberati head out before they start geting in the Talons way
01[21:32] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> Of course. I want to check the air first, see if there was a satelite up there.
[21:32] <@Melissa> ::drops behind the tank and begins to weld hooks onto the frame of the tank to tow the spider::
[21:32] <@Birkin> ::smiles up at his gear:: Don't worry, we've gotten out of tougher scrapes before.
[21:33] <@Caelin> ::hmms a bit:: we'll have to stay on pathfinder, scildfreja's armiger is in no condition to travel right now
[21:33] <@Detro> ::after some difficulty, manages to close the cockpit::
[21:33] <@Mem> ::surveys the vehicle bay, then nods at Gennady, and heads back to the crew cabin:":
[21:34] <@Gabriel> ::stows his gear in the passenger seat of Spider One for pickup later::
01[21:34] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> No, I can swap with the Ambithera, if one of the higledi can carry it.
[21:35] <@Melissa> ::finishes the weld and tests them then loads her personal effects back into Bonaparte::
[21:36] <@Gabriel> +com+ Talons, let's mount up and move out. We've got some oppressed people to help rescue. :::can't help but grin::
01[21:36] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:37] <@Savant> well, there you go! hopefully not too dull or quiet.
[21:37] <@Gabriel> We're so gonna get our asses kicked. ::chuckles:: But it won't be dull.
01[21:37] <@Savant> next game we can chase the spy, or we can jump right to the fight. Up to you.
01[21:38] <@Savant> you can let the Liberati take care of the spy if you want to
[21:38] <@Detro> If we chase the spy, do we lose any chance to make further mods to the gears?
01[21:38] <@Savant> no
01[21:38] <@Savant> depends if you're spychasing or not Wink
[21:38] <@Caelin> witch hunt!
[21:38] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: It's the time thing that's the problem.
[21:38] <@Gabriel> We don't want to lose the window.
[21:38] <@Mem> Is Fraser gone next week? Do we want to save the big combat another week?
[21:38] <@Gabriel> Yeah, now that's a good reason to maybe take another week with a side quest. Wink
[21:39] <@Caelin> he said he was gonna be in scotland for 2 weeks
[21:39] <@Birkin> Is this week 1 or 2?
01[21:39] <@Savant> he's gone next week, back the one after.
[21:39] <@Gabriel> 1
[21:39] <@Mem> I know he's gonna miss GvE twice, but I didn't know if he'd miss BT05 twice.
[21:39] <@Mem> ::shrugs:: We can play Erinyes, but that's not as fun. Wink Erinyes is usually at the center of a combat.
[21:40] <@Mem> I don't care, personally.
[21:40] <@Gabriel> Yeah, probably best to wait until Fraser can be.
[21:40] <@Gabriel> here.
[21:40] <@Detro> I'd rather wait until Fraser's back.
[21:40] <@Mem> *if we do the spy thing first.
[21:40] <@Detro> We're gonna need every brain we've got.
01[21:40] <@Savant> spy then. Okay, this will be fun.
[21:40] <@Gabriel> If Erinyes is gonna get blown up as Savant has long desired, I want Fraser to be here for it. Wink
01[21:40] <@Savant> Smile
01[21:40] <@Savant> BOMM
[21:40] <@Mem> hehe
[21:40] <@Caelin> lol
[21:40] <@Mem> zot
01[21:40] <@Savant> anyways. comments on the game?
[21:40] <@Mem> was fun
[21:40] <@Detro> I call facepalm on the "break the transmitter" Smile
[21:41] <@Gabriel> Good stuff. Had the whole "ST Nemesis getting ready for battle" vibe to it. Only good part of that movie, so it was fun.
03[21:41] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:41] <@Birkin> as soon as it transmitted we were booched
[21:41] <@Mem> definitely a calm before the storm feeling for me. Getting anxious for the final battle, as it were
[21:41] <@Caelin> yeah we coulda used that as a decoy, have a drone carry it off in one direction while the rest of us went another
01[21:41] <@Savant> i was expecting you to start talking about the forest moon of endor, myself Wink
[21:41] <@Detro> Detro's mind is too full.
01[21:42] <@Savant> anyways. who wants expees?
[21:42] <@Gabriel> If I were a SW geek instead of a former Trek geek, that's probably the analogy I'd use, yeah. Rebel base on Hoth. Wink
[21:42] <@Gabriel> XPs would be quite handy, yes.
01[21:42] <@Savant> one is for being here. Well done being here. Congratulations.
[21:42] <@Detro> Is there a B5 reference that would work here too?
[21:42] <@Mem> ^_^
01[21:42] <@Savant> Two is for doing things here. As a team. Tell me about that if you could.
[21:42] <@Mem> Well, everyone, you've got an extra week to stock up on ED if you need to, it seems.
[21:43] <@Mem> For those of you who use it regularly. Wink
[21:43] <@Detro> An excellent pow-wow session on the tactics. People asked questions and got answers.
06[21:43] * @Mem knocks on wood
[21:43] <@Detro> tactics-battle plan
01[21:43] <@Savant> anything else?
[21:43] <@Gabriel> Building stuff, fixing stuff, good chatting across the various personnel in each group, mostly.
06[21:43] * @Savant nods
01[21:43] <@Savant> it was a good dynamic. I like this size of group
[21:43] <@Gabriel> Flowed really well, yeah.
[21:44] <@Mem> Me too.
01[21:44] <@Savant> i'll give you that. Two, then. Three is for plot. Tell me what you've learned today, and what makes it important.
[21:44] <@Caelin> scildfreja came back!Smile
01[21:44] <@Savant> why is that important? Wink
[21:45] <@Caelin> caelin doesn't go emo:)
01[21:45] <@Savant> heee
[21:45] <@Detro> Hmm.
[21:45] <@Birkin> CEF don't have her
[21:45] <@Birkin> but uh
[21:45] <@Caelin> yeah there's that too:)
[21:45] <@Birkin> we're changing strategy, in the hopes of winning what seems to be like people are suggesting will be the swan song for BT05 Wink
[21:46] <@Detro> Maybe for the rest of you. I plan on living forever.
01[21:46] <@Savant> anything else?
[21:47] <@Caelin> but if you want something else, i'm worried that either one of the liberati kids or one of the sanvit kids brought that transmitter, either that or one of the liberati freed from vega
[21:47] <@Detro> Warned you that we'd get bitten by a hypnotrained spy I did. Listen you did not. Razz
[21:47] <@LrdVampyre> i think there are elements of the liberati that don't want to see the status quo change
[21:47] <@Detro> Now screwed we all are.
[21:48] <@Gabriel> Storyline-wise, the important thing was the spy.
[21:48] <@Gabriel> We've been assuming that the Maribolds were pretty homogenous.
[21:48] <@Gabriel> Either we've got a hypnotrained person, or we have a Korso. Wink
[21:49] <@Gabriel> "You can't beat the Drej! They're pure energy, man! Ignore the fact that I just canceled out my only charac
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:48] <@Gabriel> Either we've got a hypnotrained person, or we have a Korso. Wink
[21:49] <@Gabriel> "You can't beat the Drej! They're pure energy, man! Ignore the fact that I just canceled out my only character development in this flick!"
[21:49] <@LrdVampyre> i personally think it's just a sympathizer/traitor
[21:49] <@Birkin> If there is anything hypno training going on here its because you cried about it for almost a goddamn year and Colin eventually gave you the boogie man you thought you saw.
[21:49] <@Detro> ...Titan AE?
[21:49] <@Birkin> you all
[21:49] <@Birkin> not Dennis in specific
01[21:49] <@Savant> Titan AE! awesome
01[21:49] <@Savant> the Drej will show up and kill you all.
01[21:50] <@Savant> they will eat your planet.
[21:50] <@Detro> I guessed the reference right? Cool Smile
01[21:50] <@Savant> anyways. That's three. I'll make it four if you give me something you enjoy about the space-based story arcs.
[21:51] <@Detro> ::chants:: Nukes nukes nukes nukes nukes nukes nukes nukes
[21:51] <@Gabriel> You know me. I like the space combat. The momentum stuff makes for a nice change.
[21:51] <@Detro> Just kidding Smile
01[21:51] <@Savant> ::Writes a note to throw a lot of nukes at BT05::
[21:51] <@Caelin> ::whaps detro::
01[21:51] <@Savant> ::files for later::
[21:51] <@Detro> What I like about space stuff is everything BUT SHRAPNEL
[21:51] <@Gabriel> ::grins::
[21:51] <@Detro> I hates shrapnel.
01[21:51] <@Savant> seriously. Something you like Wink
[21:52] <@Mem> I dunno
[21:52] <@Gabriel> I gave my answer, unless you want another answer. Wink
[21:52] <@LrdVampyre> hmm...not really sure...i'm more of a grounder myself
[21:52] <@Birkin> The fact that we have to step back and change our entire set of weapons, and that LAZERS are the best
[21:52] <@Detro> I'm gonna go with the space station assaults.
[21:52] <@Caelin> it's a good changeup of combat settings
[21:52] <@Mem> I like the space stuff because we interact with the Pathfinder crew a lot, and they're fun.
[21:52] <@Birkin> something that we don't have a lot of
[21:52] <@Detro> *Shrapnel aside*, I liked those.
[21:52] <@Mem> Having them around tonight was fun, too, for that reason. Wink
[21:52] <@LrdVampyre> i like space, but in all honesty, I'm not into the "realism" of space. I like the Star Wars sort of space, but htat's just me
[21:53] <@Caelin> melissa should invent gravity plating:)
01[21:53] <@Savant> okay, enough torture. That's 4 experience. Five for Melissa. Well done everyone Smile
01[21:53] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Gabriel (~jester@c-71-234-219-162.hsd1.ct.comcast.net) has joined #Bt05
03[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
03[18:30] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:30] <@Melissa> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Brad is now known as Mem
03[18:30] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
[18:30] <@Mem> attn
01[18:31] <@Savant> hello and welcome to yet another episode of the Black Talons. We're delaying the End of Days a week, so that you can ferret out a weasel in the warren.
01[18:32] <@Savant> who wants a briefing? I sure do.
01[18:32] <@Savant> 2To Move a Mountain
01[18:32] <@Savant> 2 19 Lares 275LC, 0500h - Early Morning - (22S TN1945)
01[18:32] <@Savant> 2 Northern Wastes, Caprice.
01[18:32] <@Savant> 2 -80 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity, 15 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:32] <@Savant> It could all come crashing down. There's a spy somewhere within the Jund, someone who may have given away the whole operation just days before it was to begin.
01[18:32] <@Savant> To their credit, the Liberati did just what they ought have done - disappeared into the rocks and crags of the Northern Wastes. This still leaves the spy at large, however, and it's up to each column of the Jund forces to do an internal inquisition and root him or her out before it's too late.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Black Talon 05 is travelling with a small escort of Liberati, moving northwards to the final collection waypoint mere kilometers from Mt. Valhalla. You get the creeping suspicion that if the intrigue is not stopped, and fast, this already dangerous action will turn into a disaster.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:32] <@Gabriel> ack
03[18:32] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
[18:32] <@Mem> ack
01[18:32] <@Savant> someone prod Prescot.
[18:32] <@Detro> acl
[18:32] <@Detro> +k
[18:32] <@Melissa> ack
03[18:33] * Birkin (~shadow_fj@c-71-59-186-59.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:33] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Birkin
01[18:33] <@Savant> and I'm ready for questions.
[18:33] <@Gabriel> Prodded.
01[18:33] <@Savant> danke
[18:33] <@Gabriel> None here.
[18:33] <@Detro> ::Raises::
01[18:34] <@Savant> we'll br picking up in the early morning, as it says, and your group of vehicles will have stopped for refuel and breakfast. Detro?
[18:34] <@Detro> C'mon, I'm surprised you have to ask. Kellerton? Wink
01[18:34] <@Savant> in fact, present.
[18:35] <@Gabriel> This is the episode where she dies, which both raises the stakes and provides a massive injection of pathos for Detro, bec--
01[18:35] <@Savant> i imagine at least some of you will ahve been letting your Gears go on autopilot while you spelt.
[18:35] <@Gabriel> Crap. I really should avoid spoilers.
01[18:35] <@Savant> shh. stop giving away my tricks, JEster.
[18:35] <@Caelin> LOL
[18:35] <@Detro> Actually, my next question would have been "Would Colin really go through the effort to make KELLERTON the spy?"
01[18:35] <@Savant> 1,1 Spoilers should be in black on black. You know that.
01[18:35] <@Savant> moo-haa-haa-haa
[18:35] <@Caelin> that is so a "YDREMTATDY" question
01[18:36] <@Savant> 1,1Kellerton is the spy.
[18:36] <@Mem> Gears on autopilot?
[18:36] <@Mem> So we're in our gears?
01[18:36] <@Savant> I assume you're taking them with you
[18:36] <@Mem> Or on Pathfinder?
01[18:36] <@Savant> if you want to leave them on PAthfinder, please do.
[18:36] <@Gabriel> Be kind of embarrassing to walk up to BA and point our fingers at the place and yell "pew pew pew".
[18:36] <@Mem> I'm confused.
[18:37] <@Caelin> autopilot==let the NNET's do the work
01[18:37] <@Savant> you're en route to go kill Earthers at Bastille Alpha. There won't be a pick-up or rendezvous with Pathfinder between now and then
01[18:37] <@Savant> unless things go really bad.
[18:37] <@Gabriel> Brad, pay attention in game. Sheesh. Gabriel told Pathfinder to drop the equipment we need to finish our mods, then take off. We're in the Gears/Spiders, escorting a Liberati column in the direction of BA.
[18:37] <@Mem> That wasn't clear to me.
[18:37] <@Gabriel> 'cause you didn't read what was happening in-sim last week. Wink
01[18:37] <@Savant> that's the sitch, pretty much. Questions on that?
[18:38] <@Detro> ::raises::
[18:38] <@Mem> No, I did. Nothing in what was said implied for sure we were not going with pathfinder.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Detro?
[18:38] <@Detro> Do we have hot tar and feathers ready for the spy?
[18:38] <@Detro> Or maybe tartar sauce and a steam cooker, but that would just be awkward.
01[18:38] <@Savant> I don't see that in your inventory. You might be able to cook something upw ith your medical supplies though Wink
01[18:38] <@Savant> *serious* questions?
01[18:38] <@Savant> going once
[18:38] <@Melissa> none here
01[18:38] <@Savant> going twice
01[18:39] <@Savant> sold!
01[18:39] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:39] <@Savant> Early morning on Caprice really isn't so different from night, or afternoon. The sky is black but the jagged ground is split with long black shadows and pale dapples of light as your collection of vehicles has made its way through the wastes.
01[18:39] <@Savant> It isn't proper to call the group of vehicles a caravan however, as might be typical of the Liberati. The Rock Trucks have gotten very good - the collection of six of them look much like boulders rolling on bulbous wheels. The Reubeni are lower to the ground, made up of smooth angular lines and the same matte black as the Talons' Gears.
01[18:39] <@Savant> For not being Bungalow trucks, however, the Rock Trucks can still mate to one another as the civillian models can. They are so connected now, in a loose huddle to refuel at a hidden fuel cache and have a brief breakfast. Your Spiders, as well, are so joined by the cloth airlocks that the Liberati favour.
[18:40] <@Gabriel> ::pops the cockpit seal on Deacon, leaving the APUs running off battery power, and starts to climb out::
[18:41] <@Detro> ::sleep hadn't come to him easily on the trip so far - waiting for an ambush. He's still buttoned up in JJ, monitoring the radios::
[18:41] <@Gabriel> +com+ Talons, dismount. Roland, set up a perimeter on the ridge side.
[18:42] <@Melissa> ::opens the hatch and pulls herself out onto the hull of Bonaparte, stretching out the kinks in her back and legs from the long, bumpy ride:: I think I might have to put an air-ride system on you
01[18:42] <@Savant> It's relatively quiet outside of the little bubbles of warmth and pressure that your vehicles entail. There are some Liberati off to one side, by an escarpment, digging through the silt with a shovel
[18:42] <@Birkin> ::watches the captain, staying in his gear for a few more moments, about to ask if they were about to disembark before setting the protocals up for Cerberus, keeping things ready for a fast start up before he opens up the hatch:: +com+ how heavily armed do you want us sir.
[18:42] <@Gabriel> ::unclips his rifle from the inside cockpit clip, then climbs down to ground level, hand over hand::
[18:42] <@Caelin> ::had been in armiger riding on top of one of the rock trucks keeping lookout::
01[18:43] <@Savant> 5Roland> ::clicks his comms in acknowledgement and heads off into the rocks::
[18:43] <@Gabriel> +com+ Maintain vigilance, Sous-Adjutant. As always. ::reaches the ground and heads for the closest airlock, weapon safed and pointed at the rocks::
01[18:43] <@Savant> Black Talon 05 has been escorted by Gennady Maribold's group, composed of a collection of the bravest Maribolds' and Van Saars. They've learned from their adventures at the Vega Spaceport and elsewhere across Caprice, and their experience is showing. At times you wonder who exactly has been guarding who as you travel north.
[18:43] <@Detro> ::draws JJ up to the perimeter and powers down to standby before popping the hatch and getting out tiredly::
[18:44] <@Melissa> ::checks her sidearm and reholsters it before sliding off the tank's hull::
[18:44] <@Mem> ::positions his gear in a manner that it is surrounded by other gears, but separated enough to minimize damage as practiced frequently::
[18:45] <@Gabriel> ::cycles the exterior airlock, then steps inside::
01[18:46] <@Savant> Gabriel enters the closest of the rock trucks, stepping into a hold unlike any Liberati truck he's seen. No paint, no trinkets, little signs of home. The thing is still a rolling mobile home, but everything is utilitarian, and the temperature is only a hair above freezing.
[18:46] <@Detro> ::wearily makes his way down JJ, but his grasp fails to hold him for the last few feet; he falls off::
[18:47] <@Melissa> ::does a visual check of the treads::
01[18:48] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Looks in on the back of the truck where Gabriel entered; he waves a hand lightly, but doesn't get up from the seats in the leading compartment:: Captain.
[18:49] <@Detro> ::lands hard on his ass:: Tah mah duh! ::He stays there for a moment, just to make sure he hasn't breached his suit, then carefully gets up::
[18:49] <@Gabriel> ::finds Gennady and gives him a nod:: My people will take the ridge side, if you'll take the windward side.
01[18:50] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::He nods absently, hunching forwards in the co-pilot's seat - the other chair is empty right now. He pauses a moment before pressing a button and quietly relaying orders in Highlands::
[18:50] <@Melissa> ::frowns a little and proceeds to pull out some spare parts from the vehicle bay...grease and replacement bearings:: Yes, I think we need to look into something to improve our off-road durability
[18:51] <@Gabriel> ::offers a smile:: Your people are moving well, Gennady. My compliments.
[18:51] <@Detro> ::trudges over to Roland, waiting for his orders::
[18:52] <@Caelin> ::glances over at one of ther other trucks where a odd looking figure is perched::+subcom+Sleca, keep watch ::he climbs down the side of the truck and heads for an airlock::
[18:52] <@Detro> ::yawns inside his helmet::
01[18:52] <@Savant> Inside the trucks, people are stirring. They're sleeping on the floors and on mesh hammocks along either side of the hull, used to sleeping on the move. Many seem to be quite tired, still - they realize that this is likely the last trip many of them will be making.
01[18:53] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> Thank you. I've been trying to convince Wick to operate like this for years - I'm glad he's finally come to his senses.
[18:54] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: We didn't pick up any transmissions while we were on the move.
[18:54] <@Mem> ::sits in Shepherd for a while longer, running some systems checks::
[18:54] <@Detro> ::oddly, Detro's just *standing* there. Which is odd for him, since he's usually spending almost all his spare time doing something, usually on his data glove::
01[18:55] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ ::in its electronic baritone whine:: Acknowledged, Lead Armiger. We are deploying Spidhra.
01[18:56] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> Neither did we. I doubt our mole would be foolish enough to try again while we're on the move. There's nowhere to hide.
01[18:56] <@Savant> It was strange to watch the dispersal of the Jund army at the Maribold facility some time ago. Literally hundreds of vehicles and thousands of soldiers, tearing down all evidence of recent use and leaving within an hour.
01[18:57] <@Savant> Even their departure was surprisingly efficient - the Liberati evaporated into the wastes around them like a diffusing cloud, each group small and independant but with a mind of the eventual goal. They were beginning to act like an army, a guerilla army.
[18:58] <@Detro> ::Watches the goings on with worried eyes... somewhere among their numbers could be a spy. Anyone. Not for the first time did Detro seriously regret that they hadn't done more to find those taken for hypnotraining at Vega::
[18:58] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement and heads for the cache of fruit juices he left in the truck, taking one:: I assume you've given this some thought? Is there anyone new to the group among us? Any of your long-term people would have had many days to betray this mission, if they'd chosen to.
[18:58] <@Birkin> ::folds his arms over his chest, his gernade launcher slung over his back and his CEF captured pistol on his hip, watching the two leaders discuss::
[18:58] <@Caelin> ::after being unable to get in through the regular airlocks, he finds one of the liberati working outside who helps him open a larger airlock on the back of one of the trucks::
[18:59] <@Mem> ::sets up a program to keep Shepherd's passive sensors and comm searching for any future transponder signals or other anomalies::
01[19:00] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::He rubs his eyes and scowls, still staring out at the rocks:: I've been thinking about this all night. No one here is new, not in this column. Just you and yours. Their timing is right, though.
[19:00] <@Melissa> ::finishes the maintenance on her tracks and cleans up::
[19:01] <@Gabriel> What do you mean, their timing is right?
01[19:01] <@Savant> 5Man> ::points up at the pull cord on the top of the rock truck's hatch for Caelin; once they've pulled the red-grey tarp down overtop of Caelin, the bubble begins to inflate until it's pressurized::
01[19:01] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Comes up behind Birkin, murmuring quietly:: Good morning.
[19:02] <@Caelin> ::gives the man a nod in thanks as he makes his way in::
01[19:03] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> I mean they picked the worst possible time to do this. Before this we weren't assembled - we would have had to scrub the mission, but the keffs could only get a fraction of us. Now we're all together in the same region.
[19:03] <@Birkin> ::looks back at Kellerton:: Hey you. Hows the troops holding up?
[19:04] <@Gabriel> ::nods, frowning:: But if they knew the scope of the mission before, they would not risk exposing themselves so obviously. They would have simply told the keffs where we intended to strike long before now.
[19:04] <@Detro> ::the thought nagged at his mind, numbed as it was by fatigue. It *had* to be a hypnotrained spy. Nobody from Earth would be able to match the mannerisms and how the Liberati acted. Even the trench dwellers would be hard pressed::
01[19:04] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> Good, good. Good enough. ::She hugs her arms toegther - she's wearing a parka in the cold cabin of the truck:: Worried, but it's normal, I guess.
[19:05] <@Mem> ::checks to make sure the signal from Shepherd to his comm is working, to notify him if it detects anything unusual, then unstraps himself from the gear and disembarks::
01[19:06] <@Savant> Several Liberati and a pair of Talons feel their ears pop as the back hatch opens - there's a cloth airlock there but it isn't perfect and the pressure change is noticeable. An Armiger slips in, far quieter than the door mechanism that admitted him
[19:06] <@Detro> ::continues to trudge on the perimeter:: +com+ Sir, suggest that the Liberati check their people's backrounds. Make sure we don't have anyone who was missing during the period of the Vega incarcerations.
01[19:07] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::He sits back and stretches his shoulders back:: Maybe they *did* tell the keffs. Maybe they're waiting for us. I've worried for months about how the keffs could let us set things up for this right under their noses. Are they really so blind?
[19:07] <@Detro> ::stifles a yawn:: +com+ I really doubt the Keffs would be able to infiltrate one of their own people. Might be hypnotraining.
[19:08] <@Melissa> ::climbs onto the turret of the tank and begins to think about who the spy might be::
01[19:08] <@Savant> 5Bonaparte> ::The turret eye swivels to look at Melissa as she sits down::
[19:09] <@Mem> ::climbs out of Shepherd and closes the cockpit, then nimbly the rest of the way to the ground::
[19:09] <@Gabriel> ::shakes:: Not blind, never blind. Just very very sure of themselves.
[19:09] <@Detro> ::finds a spot with a good view and pauses, sweeping the horizon::
[19:09] <@Birkin> ::nods:: We all are. You wouldn't be human if you weren't worried ::smirks::
01[19:10] <@Savant> The smell of baking bread wafts in from the back of the truck
01[19:10] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> I know, I'm just second guessing myself. I've never had command of anything so big before.
[19:11] <@Caelin> ::once he's inside and the hatch is sealed again, removes his helmet and catches a whiff of food cooking, which he follows::
[19:12] <@Detro> ::not much to see. Rocks. Rocks. Rocks. Dirt. Gravel. Roland. Rocks. Boulders. Cliff edge. Reubini turrets. Rocks. More rocks...::
[19:12] <@Melissa> ::waves at the eye and then pauses:: I wonder...it's a long shot, but you never know. Let's see if you've seen anything from the hangar ::slides down the armor plating and into her seat and begins to look at the computer logs::
01[19:12] <@Savant> Caelin spots the tiny but eficcient oven in the corner of the rock truck, which is baking bread. It's also one of the only sources of heat in the bay.
[19:12] <@Detro> ::he snorts in amusement as he's able to see Roland, who is probably their best stealth operative::
[19:13] <@Mem> ::walks over to the connected trucks, nodding over to Liberati engineers who were fueling up the convoy::
01[19:14] <@Savant> 5Liberati> ::waves at Mem, then lifts the hose they've recently uncovered, pointing over at Shepherd askance::
[19:14] <@Gabriel> ::smiles:: You're bearing up well. This is an enormous responsibility. And who can someone in command turn to for advice?
01[19:15] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::He smirks a little, his mood lightening somewhat:: Anyone who will speak. What's your advice, Raven?
[19:16] <@Detro> ::that said, it's odd nobody's replied to him yet. He does a quick check of his suit's comms::
[19:17] <@Caelin> ::gets the attention of the closest liberati::excuse me, how long before the meal is served?
[19:17] <@Mem> ::gives a thumbs up to the Liberati and continues to the trucks, climbing into the airlock::
01[19:18] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::looks over her shoulder and then starts as she sees Caelin - she's apparently never seen the Armigers up to this point. She puts a hand to her breast and takes in a sharp breath:: Goodness! You're big!
[19:19] <@Caelin> ::blinks a moment then remembers he hasn't unsuited yet:: oh, my apologies, i'm still suited up, armigers are awkward to get in an out of without help
[19:20] <@Gabriel> There are only two possibilities that I can conceive of: someone is willfully doing this, or someone has been subverted. I find it very difficult to believe that someone among us is willfully doing this.
[19:20] <@Melissa> +com+ Detro or Lt...either one of you decent at video enhancement/clean up? I think I have something on that transponder
01[19:20] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::looks back at the others, then relaxes a bit:: It's okay. Breakfast is soon, but it's not so much good. Just a little stew and bread.
[19:20] <@Gabriel> Therefore, we must start with the latter. Are there any among us that have been captured or have gone missing or outside of communication for a long period of time?
[19:20] <@Birkin> Its hot, and better than rations. Thank you.
[19:21] <@Detro> ::everything seems fine, as verified by Melissa's voice on the comms::
01[19:21] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> A few. Two. My cousin Wilem and his half brother, Obie.
[19:21] <@Mem> ::the airlock cycles, then admits him into the truck; he pops off the helmet and then pulls out a comm earphone and puts it over his ear, and watches his breath condense in the air::
[19:22] <@Detro> +comm+ Mem probably has the high end stuff you'd need for that.
01[19:22] <@Savant> Mem is met by a rush of cold, sharp air - it isn't painfully cold, but it's certainly not a comfortable temperature.
[19:22] <@Mem> ::puts a hand up to his ear to adjust:: +com+ What's that?
[19:22] <@Gabriel> ::indicates Gennady should continue:: Captured? Or just went missing?
[19:23] <@Mem> ::hunts the truck for something to eat or drink, smiling at the Liberati::
[19:23] <@Caelin> ::nods::anything's better than rations though, umm, do you mind giving me a hand with this? ::motions for kellerton to help him out of the armiger::
[19:23] <@Melissa> +com+ I have some video caught by Bonaparte, but it's just on the edge of the camera lens and a bit grainy
01[19:23] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::turns, gives Mem a smile as he enters, and then looks Caelin up and down:: What do I do?
[19:23] <@Detro> ::resumes walking the beat, his mind running a mile a minute::
[19:23] <@Mem> Hey babe. ::passes Kellerton and finds a bottle of juice::
[19:24] <@Mem> +com+ Grainy is grainy. ::opens the bottle:: But give me a minute and I'll see what I can do.
01[19:24] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> They were on the inside at Vega. It changed them - they both used to be carefree. Now - well, I'm sure you can understand. They don't like talking about it much.
[19:26] <@Gabriel> How long were they inside?
[19:26] <@Caelin> ::instructs kellerton on how to open up the front of the armiger::
01[19:27] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> Three weeks in a holding centre in Paladin Lots, two weeks in the Vega facility.
[19:27] <@Melissa> +com+ Acknowledged
[19:28] <@Mem> ::takes a swig from the bottle and proceeds to look for the bread::
01[19:28] <@Savant> Watching Kellerton trying to help Caelin out of his armiger is almost embarrassing. It involves several muttered Highlands curses, a scraped knuckle or two, and a few urgent apologies. However, she manages to get him free after a few minutes
[19:29] <@Melissa> ::leans back in the chair and looks at the image:: Grainy can be cleaned up, maybe not to picture perfect... ::saves a copy of the video and begins to see what she can do with Bonaparte's systems::
01[19:30] <@Savant> 5Man> ::Walks up to Bonaparte and waves the gas hose in his hand back and forth, pointing at the tank in question::
[19:30] <@Gabriel> We must consider the possibility that they were subverted while they were inside.
[19:30] <@Detro> ::leans up against a boulder... he wonders what Kellerton's up to. Their time together lately had been... troubled. Moreso because of the opportunity that was being offered to possibly set up an advance post on Utopia in preparation for future Talon missions. The idea appealed to him -- but he didn't want to leave Kellerton behind either.::
[19:30] <@Birkin> ::gasps, putting his hand over his mouth:: I'm telling Detro!
[19:30] <@Mem> ::grumbles, then passes Kellerton again, setting the juice bottle down:: Save some of this for me, will you? I'll be right back.
[19:30] <@Mem> ::pulls his helmet back on and seals it, moping back to the airlock::
01[19:31] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> I know. But what can I do? We don't have anyone that knows about that. The Helles might, but they're half a planet away.
[19:31] <@Melissa> ::pauses and peaks out of the hatch:: Fuel tank is back there, the hatch is open
01[19:32] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Makes a face at Birkin, then sucks on her grazed knuckle. She nods at Mem, then immediately realizes she's left the bread in a bit too long and runs back to check on it::
01[19:32] <@Savant> 5Man> ::gives Melisa a thumbs-up and goes to give Bonaparte a gas-up::
[19:32] <@Mem> ::goes through the airlock again and is back out in the wastes; as he wanders back towards Shepherd, he surveys the fueling teams::
[19:32] <@Gabriel> Someone who has one transmitter will have more, and they were of a distinctive type. It would not be difficult to bring them to speak with me, while others looked among their belongings.
[19:32] <@Birkin> ::snickers::
[19:33] <@Caelin> ::steps out and nods to kellerton:: thank you, believe it or not but it likely would have been worse to see me attempt that alone. so, where can i pick up some of that stew?
01[19:34] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::He puts his hand to his forehead and nods, though he's scowling beneath his hand:: Yes, of course, yes. I need some sleep. After this, I'm getting a knockout shot and going under for a few hours. Not thinking straight.
[19:34] <@Mem> ::waves again to the fueling teams and hops up onto Shepherd::
[19:34] <@Detro> ::fights back another yawn and gets moving again. Movement is good. Keeps him awake. Keep the adrenaline pumping::
[19:35] <@Mem> ::pulls open the hatch and spins down into his seat, pulling up his laptop::
01[19:35] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::pulling bread out of the oven:: sorry, sorry! It's done. I have bowls. somewhere. ::looks about through a few plastic boxes and sealed cupboards::
[19:36] <@Mem> ::finally plugs in and locates Melissa's video and watches it::
01[19:36] <@Savant> 5Shepherd> ::Provides Mem with an action report for the time since he departed - a lot of nothing has gone on.::
[19:37] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: When do you wish to do this? Before your rest, or after?
[19:37] <@Detro> ::they both seemed in agreement though -- one step at a time. Much like patrol. You could worry about what you'd encounter, or just deal with it when it arose::
01[19:37] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::inhales and shakes his head, ostensibly to clear it:: Now, it shouldn't wait. I don't have to actually *do* anything, after all. Where do you want to meet them?
[19:38] <@Mem> ::rolls his eyes at the video:: On or off the camera, jackass. Not right on the edge. ::loads a program to start cleaning up the image::
[19:38] <@Caelin> ::waves a hand::no need to apologize
[19:38] <@Detro> ::checks the time:: +com+ Roland, Detro. Patrol comm check, all quiet here. Out.
[19:38] <@Gabriel> We should meet them together, here. I can have one of mine search for more transmitters.
01[19:38] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::he nods:: I'll have them woken up and brought here.
[19:41] <@Mem> ::finishes cleaning up the image as best he can:: +com+ Here you go. Not much to see.
[19:41] <@Mem> ::sends the image back to Melissa::
01[19:41] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Circulates, giving everyone a bit of breakfast - fresh bread and a thin stew. Not much, but it's hot and surprisingly good::
[19:41] <@Gabriel> ::nods and touches his earpiece:: +com+ Lieutenant, I have an unusual job for you. Two Liberati, Wilem and Obie, will be coming to this truck. Pick one Talon and check their quarters. You're looking for anything unusual, particularly any corp transmitters.
[19:41] <@Mem> ::closes the laptop and unplugs it, putting it back in its bag::
[19:42] <@Detro> ::stifles another yawn. One outcome of this battle was certain -- he'd sleep for a week after it was all done::
[19:42] <@Caelin> ::nods a thanks to kellerton:: could i have a second portion for my partner? she's still resting in the talon vehicle
[19:42] <@Melissa> ::looks at the image:: Hmm, couldn't look at the camera directly could you.
01[19:43] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> Oh, of course. ::gives Caelin a second portion, sealing it up with a plastic lid::
[19:43] <@Mem> ::fishes out a datapad and turns it on:: +com+ Boomer, meet me outside. Captain, which truck do they sleep in?
[19:43] <@Mem> ::climbs back out of the cockpit and seals it, then hops down to the ground again::
01[19:44] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> +com+ Truck 126.
[19:44] <@Mem> +com+ Scratch that, Boomer, I'll meet you inside.
[19:44] <@Melissa> +com+ Captain, going to send you an image of the possible person who placed the transponder...unfortunately he doesn't look at the camera so all we've got is the general build of the guy...or girl.
[19:44] <@Mem> ::checks the datapad as he walks back to the airlock, checking to see which truck was 126::
[19:44] <@Caelin> ::nods:: thank you very much ::turns and makes his way through the network of trucks to the spider::
[19:45] <@Gabriel> +com+ Excellent, Melissa. Send it to my data glove.
[19:45] <@Gabriel> ::heads for his pack and pulls it out::
01[19:45] <@Savant> The trucks are strung up in a long row, with the spiders mated in tandem off the back end, like a pair of black antennae on a red-grey catepillar.
[19:45] <@Melissa> ::sends a still shot of the image to Gabriel's data glove and then pulls herself back onto the hull of the tank::
[19:46] <@Mem> +com+ ::changes his mind again and asks Boomer to come outside::
[19:46] <@Mem> << Razz >>
[19:46] <@Gabriel> ::pulls up the image and looks at it himself, then shows it to Gennady::
[19:47] <@Melissa> ::pats the hull of the tank:: You did well, too bad the guy didn't look at you
01[19:47] <@Savant> 5Bonaparte> ::Again, looks up at Melissa with its swivelling turret-eye as she emerges::
01[19:47] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Squints at the picture:: That could be almost anyone.
[19:47] <@Gabriel> +com+ Sergent Detro, you still in JJ?
[19:48] <@Detro> ::and as if he hasn't put enough thought into the matter, his mind goes back to the upcoming battle, thinking about ways to...:: +com+ Negative, I'm patrolling the perimeter on foot.
[19:49] <@Caelin> ::enters the spider and walks over to the bench/bed/hammock scildfreja is sleeping on::
[19:50] <@Melissa> ::waves at the sensor turret::
[19:50] <@Mem> ::heads down to Truck 126 with Birkin, avoiding the high traffic connectors of each truck and going straight over to the target from the outside::
[19:50] <@Gabriel> +com+ Got a data glove with you? I seem to remember you have some artistic skills. Hoping you can lighten and enhance an image for us.
[19:50] <@Birkin> Something got you spooked LT?
[19:51] <@Mem> ::to Birkin through the helmet comms:: Captain wants us to check the bunks of two Liberati.
[19:51] <@Detro> +com+ Sure. Shoot it my way. ::raises his left arm and pulls back the sealable cover built into his suit that protects the data display when not in use::
[19:51] <@Melissa> +com+ I'll see what i can do with it ::grabs her datapad and begins to work on it::
[19:52] <@Gabriel> ::sends the picture over to Detro's glove::
[19:52] <@Gabriel> Can't make out the ribbons, or even if our mystery guest is wearing them.
03[19:52] * Lykaeon (~Me@S01060018f8d6d6b2.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
03[19:52] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Lykaeon
01[19:52] <@Savant> The scene in Spider One is adorable. Scildfreja is fast asleep with little Emanna curled up with her, both resting on one of the mesh hammocks.
[19:53] <@Mem> ::approaches Truck 126's side airlock:: +com+ Captain, are the two you're after on their way?
[19:53] <@Gabriel> +com+ Unknown. I'll send you a click when they arrive.
[19:53] <@Mem> +com+ ::clicks and looks at Birkin, then over at the fuelers::
[19:54] <@Birkin> ::nods at Mem looking over at the refuelers for a moment::
[19:54] <@Caelin> ::shakes his head a bit, so much for some alone time, he walks over and gives scildfreja's shoulder a gentle rub::
01[19:55] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Has at this point suited up and headed outside, a little fabric and foil satchel in hand::
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::looks to Gennady:: You said they were different. Different how?
01[19:56] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Wakes up briskly - her eyes pop open before almost closing again:: [AS] nh. What time is it.
[19:56] <@Detro> ::pulls up the data on the glove... pauses:: +com+ What was the recording device?
01[19:57] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> More withdrawn. More serious. I'm not entirely sure what those earthers did to them in Vega, but it wasn't pretty.
[19:57] <@Gabriel> +com+ Check with the Dekarch. She provided the image.
[19:57] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Gennady:: Torture? What did they admit to?
[19:58] <@Caelin> ::leaves his hand on her shoulder:: [AS]it's morning, we've stopped at one of the liberati's supply caches for refuel and breakfast, i brought us some...though it looks like we'll have to share ::smirks a bit, indicating the child next to her::
[19:59] <@Mem> ::looks out the periphery of his helmet at Birkin:: Boomer... look, I don't normally say anything like this, but whatever was said in the past, you know none of that matters.
[20:00] <@Melissa> ::mutters to herself:: Not having any luck here
01[20:00] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> A lot of psychological tricks - sensory deprivation, irregular lighting/meal times, sirens to keep them awake. They each had a few "sessions" as well, injections and questioning and the like. It sounds like actual torture, but they don't talk about it.
01[20:01] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Sits up cautiously, so as to not wake up the girl:: [AS] Let her sleep. She was awake all night, she's scared.
[20:01] <@Gabriel> Sounds a little... primitive.
[20:01] <@Detro> +com+ Dekarch, the recording device that got this image? What was it?
[20:02] <@Birkin> ::looks briefly at Mem for a moment: I'm not going to hug you LT. I'm sorry. But I know what you're saying yeah.
[20:03] <@Melissa> +com+ Bonaparte
01[20:03] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Searches high and low, moving about the collection of vehicles::
[20:04] <@Caelin> ::nods and passes the container of stew to her:: [AS]things are pretty tense right now, with possibility of a spy among us, the talons are looking into it though
[20:04] <@Mem> I ain't hugging you, either. ::smirks from under the visor:: But seriously, we're good, right?
[20:04] <@Gabriel> From what I recall, the keffs like to use memory-altering drugs anyway. I doubt that's what really happened.
[20:05] <@Melissa> +com+ More specifically, the turret sensor pod
[20:05] <@Detro> +com+ Okay, that should help. ::knowing the height of the tank's sensor cluster, roughly, he works to try to reconstruct the image, focusing on key measurements -- how tall the person might be, build, etc.::
[20:05] <@Birkin> Yeah of course. I haven't been fighting along side Northies and Sandies for the past few cycles just to not realize a few errors in my thinking.
[20:05] <@Mem> There aren't many originals around anymore. Trying to keep alive the ones I can.
01[20:05] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Pulls the blanket up closer around the sleeping child, who's begun to fuss ever since her nice warm backrest decided to sit up. She takes the stew gratefully:: [AS] The spy had better show up soon, or we're all dead.
01[20:07] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::sourly:: We haven't got a psychologist. The Maribolds don't have much of anything anymore. ::he grunts and stands up:: I need something to drink.
[20:07] <@Mem> ::nods at Birkin and resumes watching the Liberati tugging around hoses and doing their jobs:: Good, then. We're gonna fuck those Earthers up pretty good, I want the peace of mind to enjoy it.
[20:08] <@Birkin> ::nods:: Not gonna retire though. Sorry LT, I got a planet to secure for myself and someone back home.
[20:09] <@Mem> I don't expect you know what "retire" means.
01[20:10] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Kellerton sneaks up on Detro, who is deeply adsorbed in his artwork::
[20:10] <@Detro> +com+ Roland, I'm heading in. Going to need a little more processing firepower to tackle this. ::leaves the dataglove on, processing what it can, then turns and almost walks right into Kellerton:: WAAAH!
[20:10] <@Gabriel> ::nods and waits for the two guests of honor to arrive::
01[20:10] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> Aah! ::Stumbles backwards and almost ass-over-teakettle::
[20:11] <@Birkin> Maybe someday.
[20:12] <@Detro> ::has his pistol out and aimed in seconds, but holds back from shooting just in time as he spots the ribbons::
01[20:13] <@Savant> Two men enter Gennady's Rock Truck through the airlock tube beside the cockpit - both are tragically similar shape and build - fairly lithe, not very tall; not uncommon build for a Liberati
[20:13] <@Gabriel> ::touches his earpiece and clicks his mic once::
[20:13] <@Detro> ::holsters the pistol and moves to help Kellerton back up::
[20:13] <@Mem> If we all live long enough, I'll get you some good business plans going back on Terranova. Might even do some business here in Gomorrah if things turn out well for us.
[20:13] <@Caelin> ::nods slowly::[AS]it'd be a shame for all this to go to waste, i'm still amazed at how well these people have adapted to life out here, in fact they'd probably do well in the caverns back home too
01[20:13] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> +com+ ::Her hands up defensively in front of her:: ahah. . . heh heh.. ahh... good morning?
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::steps where the two men can see him, but not where he's in their direct line of sight so they'll address their words to Gennady::
[20:14] <@Mem> ::hears the click and an indicator on his visor flashes the captain's signal, so he turns to the airlock on truck 126:: OK, here we go. We're gonna check their bunks for additional transponders or anything else suspicious. They're talking with the captain now.
[20:15] <@Mem> ::opens the airlock and steps in::
[20:15] <@Birkin> ::grins:: You gonna help me sell my booze now LT? I plan on having the main distillery in Ashanti, that strike you as a good corprate headquarters ::shuts up and gets ready to act like a Talon::
[20:15] <@Detro> +com+ ::audible sigh of relief:: That's not exactly the best way to learn about my honorable ancestors, getting killed to meet them. What are you doing out here?
01[20:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::eats quietly, but quickly:: [AS] They're very good at it. Higglers through and through. I think it will go well. It will be bloody, but I think it will go well.
[20:15] <@Detro> ::leans forward to put his helmet against Kellerton's so they can talk off-comm::
[20:15] <@Mem> ::smirks at Birkin:: HQ wherever you like. I'll help you distribute or something.
01[20:16] <@Savant> 3Obie Maribold> ::He's still rubbing the sleep form his eyes as he comes in ahead of his companion:: You wanted to see us, Gennady?
01[20:16] <@Savant> 3Wilem Maribold> ::silent behind Obie::
[20:17] <@Mem> ::flips the airlock around when Birkin gets in and opens the inner door, stepping into the truck::
[20:17] <@Birkin> ::moves into the truck as well, looking about remembering where things are right now so he can put them back where they were, loking for the transmitters::
[20:17] <@Gabriel> ::suddenly realizes they caught the two men at just the right moment -- tired and probably a little annoyed, and therefore not thinking totally clearly, then devotes himself to watching both of them carefully::
[20:17] <@Mem> ::looks for the appropriate bunks, and starts searching for suspicious items::
[20:17] <@Caelin> ::gives scildfreja's shoulder another rub::[AS] we'll he staying with the trucks during the battle, covering them while they free the prisoners
01[20:18] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::She holds up the padded foil pouch:: +com+ I just want to bring some breakfast.
01[20:18] <@Savant> Mem and Birkin start getting some odd glances from the others in Truck 126 as they begin rifling through things that aren't theirs
[20:19] <@Detro> ::blinks, then grins:: I appreciate the gesture, love, but how can I eat it? If I take my helmet off, I'd wind up being rather cold in the bed at night.
[20:20] <@Mem> ::waves over at the other Liberati, smiling under his visor, as he checks cubbies and under various beddings::
[20:20] <@Birkin> ::focuses on the bunks in question, giving them a careful look over::
01[20:20] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::He's just now returning with a glass bottle of water. He's blunt.:: We need to have a chat, that's all; I want to get into the keff's heads a little. I want you to go over your time in Vega. In your "sessions". I'm sorry to dredge it up, but I think it's important.
01[20:21] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::She makes a face:: +com+ I thought you're in the Gear, it's all.
[20:22] <@Detro> +com+ ::grins:: Heading that way now, actually. You want to join me?
01[20:22] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] I thought as much. That's alright - they'll need everything they can get. I don't like it though - that's going to leave us completley in the open.
[20:23] <@Mem> ::whistles a Gommoran tune as he tries to put the beddings back where they roughly had been to start, and goes over to the foot locker::
01[20:23] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> +com+ aheh, isn't it a little close?
[20:24] <@Birkin> ::grunts, moving over to the footlockers of the two guys, looking at Mem then at the locked footlockers::
[20:24] <@Detro> ::off-comm, speaking through their touched helmets:: Ah, but that's the fun of it, trying to fit into such a confined space. :Very Happy:
01[20:24] <@Savant> Gennady, over the course of a few terse moments, manages to start prying information out of the two men. Neither are happy about it, and both of them seem plagued by nightmares of what happened there.
[20:24] <@Gabriel> ::watches both men carefully through this part, saying nothing::
[20:25] <@Mem> ::grumbles::
01[20:26] <@Savant> 3Wilem Maribold> ::Angrily:: It's hard to remember, it's all a blur. I can remember being asked questions about the Jund, about how many of us there are, where we operate. I can remember... pain... in my arms and hands. ::He looks aside, scowling:: I don't remember how I answered.
[20:27] <@Mem> ::looks at Birkin::
[20:27] <@Caelin> [AS]the talons gave me one of the railguns they aquired, it's has good range on it so it should help, apparently the terran's used one of steelgate's armigers equiped with one on terranova and it was out of sure luck that one of the talons spoted it before it could do any real damage
01[20:28] <@Savant> 3Obie Maribold> ::Much less angrily - almost passively:: Similar for me. I can't remember. Lady Luck, I think it's starting to blur with my nightmares. ::puts his hands to his temples:: I didn't know anything about tis operation - none of us did. If that's what you're asking about.
[20:29] <@Birkin> ::removes his bomb diffusion kit, pulling out two small wires:: Well. Here we go. ::begins to try and pick the lock::
[20:29] <@Gabriel> ::smiles very slightly to himself -- obviously the rumor mill within the Liberati was quite efficient::
01[20:30] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::pauses as she sucks on her spoon, her breakfast finished:: [AS]. Hmh. Steelgate on Terra Nova? The alliance goes deeper than I thought.
[20:30] <@Detro> ::walks with Kellerton to JJ -- not too far since he didn't go too far from camp on foot::
02[20:30] * @Lykaeon (~Me@S01060018f8d6d6b2.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[20:30] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::walks with Detro, arm looped around his::
[20:32] <@Melissa> ::clambers into the turret station of the tank and begins to run a diagnostics check on all systems:: Time to make sure everything's running right
[20:32] <@Mem> ::watches Birkin pick the lock::
[20:32] <@Caelin> ::shakes his head::[AS] the terran's likely had grel piloting them
01[20:32] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::purses his lips:: I know. you're both very brave for coming along with this mission. We'll give you a good chance to take your revenge on them. But you can't remember anything?
01[20:33] <@Savant> 5Liberati> ::Frowns at Birkin:: What you two doing there? That's not yours.
[20:34] <@Mem> ::looks over at the Liberati:: [H] Of course it isn't. We've been told to look for something.
01[20:34] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] Still. The terrans have armigers. What else did Steelgate give them?
[20:34] <@Birkin> ::works on the tumblers a bit more before hearing it click:: [UF] What I wouldn't give for SRID authority right now.
[20:35] <@Detro> +com+ So what's tonight's meal?
01[20:35] <@Savant> 5Liberati> ::comes closer, putting down what he was working on:: Who tells you this? It's not his, either.
[20:36] <@Birkin> ::looks over at Mem for a moment, opening up the locker::
01[20:37] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::laughs:: +com+ I haven't decide. What do you want?
[20:37] <@Mem> ::faces the Liberati:: Please, don't worry. We won't take anything personal of his.
[20:37] <@Caelin> ::frowns::[AS]on the talon's ship, they have a crate of NAI units captured from a terran facility
01[20:38] <@Savant> 5Liberati> Hey! ::Puts his foot down ont he top of the foot locker:: You think you own all this place? Like a keff?
[20:38] <@Detro> +com+ Anything better than rations that were dried out in the sands of the Badlands.
03[20:38] * Lykaeon (~Me@S01060018f8d6d6b2.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
03[20:38] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Lykaeon
01[20:38] <@Savant> A few more Liberati take note of the confrontation
[20:38] <@Gabriel> ::waits to see if Gennady has any other questions::
[20:38] <@Birkin> No. But one of your own might be compromised and not even know it. We think this man might be one of them. We are here to check out if that is true or not.
01[20:38] <@Savant> Gennady talks with the two Liberati for a little while longer, getting nowhere. They honestly dont' seem to remember anything of their time at Vega.
[20:39] <@Mem> ::sighs:: No, we don't own anything. We're here on orders from both our captains. Really, you need to move aside. We are not taking anything.
[20:39] <@Gabriel> ::while Gennady does this, turns aside and communicates quietly:: +com+ Melissa, that image... when was it taken? And does it show anyone else either before or after our mystery guest?
[20:40] <@Detro> ::reaching JJ, Detro clambers up -- a bit more careful this time -- and helps Kellerton up. He sits in the cockpit, running a cord from his data glove to the onboard electronics, then invites Kellerton to sit on his lap:: I suppose you should probably see this too. Maybe you'll recognize them.
[20:41] <@Melissa> ::purses her lips while going through the diagnostics check:: Hmm...if the spy is here, he may have setup another transponder... ::does a quick scan for a similar frequency of the first transponder::
01[20:41] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::shifts about as Emanna begins to stir, waking up:: [AS] Ugh. A crate of them? They must be using them, too. That isn't good at all.
[20:42] <@Birkin> We don't mean you any harm here. We just wish to look at his things and then move on. You can watch us to see and make sure that we do not take anything alright. We simply wish to make sure he is not working for the enemy.
[20:42] <@Birkin> The CEF, they can do things to you.
[20:42] <@Birkin> And you don't even know that you are doing it.
01[20:42] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::climbs up with Detro, taking a seat on his lap - she's fortunately short, so fits into the cockpit with him . It's still cramped, but it works::
[20:42] <@Mem> Enough, Boomer. We just need to check these things and leave you all be.
[20:43] <@Caelin> ::nods::[AS]when we get the chance, i want to link one of the NAI's up to ambithera, find out what they were intended for, though my guess would be drones
01[20:43] <@Savant> The Liberati step back to let the Talons search, but they're watching, and they don't look at all happy::
[20:43] <@Detro> ::has the onboard computers assist the data glove with its calculations -- again, looking to identify measurements and key features::
[20:43] <@Birkin> ::opens up the footlocker, looking inside and hoping they find what they need::
01[20:44] <@Savant> 3Emanna> ::Yawns and strettches as she sits up, blinking sleepily at the two Utopians::
01[20:44] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] We'll certainly have to do that.
[20:46] <@Melissa> ::sighs:: Hmm, nothing coming up on the sensors.
[20:46] <@Caelin> ::looks down at the rousing child and clears his throat briefly, switching to anglic::good morning
01[20:46] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Smiles a surprisngly warm smile at Emanna:: good morning. Did you sleep well?
[20:47] <@Birkin> ::grunts before looking over at the Liberati that confronted him:: You said this wasn't his locker. Which one is his?
01[20:47] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Exhales, his options spent. He glances back at Gabriel, outwardly to see if he had any questions, but really to see if his men were free and clear to leave again::
[20:48] <@Detro> ::pressurizes the gear cockpit, then works his helmet off, then helps Kellerton's with hers:: Ah, much better.
01[20:48] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Sees Detro take off his helmet and takes hers off as well:: aha, much better.
01[20:49] <@Savant> 5No,> I say it isn't *your* locker.
01[20:49] <@Savant> ((woops Smile must fix that script))
01[20:49] <@Savant> 5Liberati> No, I say it isn't *your* locker.
[20:49] <@Mem> Lock 'em back up.
[20:49] <@Gabriel> ::addresses the two men:: I'm sorry to ask your Commander to bother the two of you with this, but there is some good news. We have a picture of the person that dropped the tracking device.
[20:49] <@Melissa> +com+ Captain, the picture was taken about 1/2 hour before the transponder was found. There were a couple of other people before that one, grabbing tools
[20:50] <@Gabriel> It's not a very good picture, unfortunately, but my team is working with the picture now.
[20:50] <@Detro> ::pulls up the grainy picture on the dataglove for Kellerton:: Don't suppose you recognize this person?
01[20:50] <@Savant> 3Obie Maribold> ::lifts his head up:: oh? We better find that bastard soon. Thank yuou for all the help, Raven.
[20:50] <@Mem> ::puts his hands on his hips and looks at the bunks again, wondering if they missed anything::
[20:50] <@Birkin> ::nods, putting the locks back on them and making sure they were secure:: Alright. Catch you all on the field then.
01[20:50] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Squints at the picture:: Cant' say, really. It's too dark... hm.
[20:51] <@Gabriel> ::looks to Wilem::
[20:51] <@Mem> ::stares at their bunks:: +com+ Captain, LT.
01[20:51] <@Savant> 3Wilem Maribold> ::Frowns at the mention of the spy, clearly not liking the thought of a traitor being in their midst:: Can we see this picture?
02[20:51] * @Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[20:52] <@Gabriel> As I said, my team is still working with it. Once we have it cleaned up, we'll show it to everyone in the troop.
[20:52] <@Detro> Yes, it is. ::tries switching to the data that his image enhancement/extraction program should be putting out::
01[20:52] <@Savant> 3Emanna> ::Yawns and rubs her eyes again:: Is it morning?
03[20:52] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
01[20:53] <@Savant> 3Wilem Maribold> ::nods:: We'll help however we can.
[20:53] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Thank you, gentlemen.
[20:54] <@Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Melissa. See if you can determine the identities of the other people. Maybe they can identify the dropper.
[20:54] <@Gabriel> <<::once the two men leave::
[20:54] <@Gabriel> >>
[20:54] <@Caelin> ::looks down at his stew that he hasn't touched yet and holds it out for Emanna::yes it is, got breakfast ready as well
[20:54] <@Detro> While we wait, how about that food ::grins::
[20:55] <@Gabriel> ::turns to Gennady:: They're telling the truth, or believe they are. They don't show any of the classic signs of hypnotraining for behavioral modification.
01[20:55] <@Savant> 3Emanna> ::hugs her blanket to herself:: Where's John? He'll miss breakfast. ::As Caelin holds out the food she surrenders her blanket to take the bowl::
[20:55] <@Mem> +com+ Captain, we didn't find anything. Might've pissed a few people off looking, too, but everything is stable. ::heads to the airlock::
[20:55] <@Gabriel> There are only two other people who have joined the expedition recently that I know of.
01[20:55] <@Savant> The two Liberati leave Gennady and the Captain behind, back for breakfast more than likely
[20:56] <@Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Lieutenant. Next, I'd like the belongings of the children searched, please.
01[20:56] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::listens, drinking from his water bottle as he does so::
[20:56] <@Mem> ::stops and looks up at the ceiling of the truck:: +com+ Which truck are they in?
[20:56] <@Mem> +com+ Oh wait. The spider?
[20:57] <@Gabriel> +com+ Affirm.
[20:57] <@Birkin> ::moves to the door, then outside with Mem when he arrives::
[20:57] <@Mem> ::gets back into the airlock and then back outside::
01[20:57] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::pauses mid drink:: You - you think it's the children?
[20:58] <@Gabriel> ::shrugs:: They fit the profile -- they joined the expedition recently, have been under control of the keffs for some time, and the picture shows someone with a small, thin build.
[20:58] <@Mem> ::gives Birkin a look from under his helmet, then heads towards the end of the convoy where the spiders were connected::
[20:58] <@Gabriel> It would be irresponsible of me not to suspect they might have something to do with this.
[20:59] <@Birkin> ::heads over towards the big caravan with the spider:: If he tells us to search other children's stuff. I'm gonna ask for SRID powers.
01[20:59] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Gennady gets visibly angry. He doesn't say anything, but the grip on his water bottle tightens until his knuckles are white:: Lady luck, I hope not.
[20:59] <@Mem> Can we lure the kids out from the spiders so we can look?
[21:00] <@Birkin> Why. Why not just look through it.
[21:00] <@Mem> Because I'd rather not have to answer questions.
[21:00] <@Birkin> Just tell them we're looking for something, its our Spider
[21:00] <@Caelin> ::frowns slightly:: i haven't seen him
01[21:01] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::pauses and frowns, murmuring:: He was here... He woke up early in the morning, said he had to go to the - oh God.
[21:02] <@Gabriel> +com+ Melissa, any information on the other two people?
[21:03] <@Mem> ::arrives at the Spider One airlock and opens it up::
[21:03] <@Detro> JJ> ::finishes off the meal and gives the cook a kiss on the cheek:: Thanks, love.
01[21:03] <@Savant> Mem enters the Spider to see Emanna bundled up in a blanket and eating stew, with the two Utopians seated about her. The expressions on their face tell something of a revelation.
01[21:04] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::grins broadly and puts her arms around Detro's neck - as well as she's able in the confines of the cockpit - and returns the kiss::
[21:04] <@Mem> ::oblivious and nonchalant as always, mem ignores their expressions and starts looking through some things:: Just need to look through some stuff here. Don't mind us.
[21:04] <@Birkin> ::looks at the Utopians:: Whats on your mind.
[21:04] <@Caelin> ::stands and moves to one of the control panels in the spider::+com+Captain Tynes, it would appear that the child John, has gone missing ::turns and spots mem:: you haven't seen him have you?
[21:04] <@Birkin> ::looks at Mem:: Fuck.
[21:04] <@Mem> ::without looking up, as he starts casually looking through the children's stuff:: Seen who?
[21:05] <@Birkin> One of the kids
01[21:05] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Stands up, cursing under her breath:: John went out to the bathroom, maybe an hour ago. He hasn't come back.
[21:05] <@Birkin> When did you see him last?
[21:05] <@Mem> ::pauses his searching for a second to process, then locates John's stuff and starts his search there::
[21:05] <@Birkin> Did you see what way?
[21:05] <@Detro> ::Detro's data glove beeps as it finally gets some information reported... not much, but a roughly estimated height... which means... +com+ Sir, my analysis of the image just finished. Given the angle it was shot at and what's visible, you're looking for someone in their teens, or very young at least.
[21:06] <@Gabriel> ::nods grimly:: +com+ Thank you, Caelin. We need a perimeter check. ::turns to Gennady:: I doubt he'd try the ridge. That leaves the windward side your people are watching.
[21:06] <@Birkin> Anything in his gear?
[21:06] <@Mem> ::whistles the same Gomorran tune from earlier as he rummages through John's stuff, overhearing the comm reports and deciding that it didn't matter if he made a mess::
[21:06] <@Detro> ::having reported that, turns back to Kellerton, grinning:: Sorry, 'bout that. Where were we?
01[21:06] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::pulls on her skullcap fitted with electronics, telling Emanna:: Be good and stay here. We have to go find John.
[21:06] <@Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Sergent. Our working theory is that it was one of the children. I need you to run a perimeter check out to Roland's position. Be cautious.
01[21:07] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::nods and leans onto his console, getting on the comms with some of the reubeni::
[21:07] <@Birkin> Roland? +com+ Boomer to Roland. You there old man?
[21:07] <@Caelin> ::turns to scildfreja:: i'll suit up and search outside
[21:08] <@Mem> I think he took his stuff with him.
[21:08] <@Mem> ::wordlessly heads back to the airlock::
01[21:08] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::frowns and nods, feeling wholly self-conscious::
[21:08] <@Detro> ::his head rolls back at Tynes' order, railing at the demands of duty versus his manly honor::
[21:08] <@Mem> Boomer, get your eyes outside. Gotta find him.
[21:08] <@Mem> ::waits in the airlock::
[21:08] <@Birkin> ::moves out with Mem:: Dammit, dammit dammit. ::gets outside and begins to scan the countryside::
01[21:08] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::looks at the tiny LED screens around her:: Is there trouble? Some sort of problem going on?
[21:09] <@Caelin> ::heads out of the spider and makes his way back to his armiger::
[21:09] <@Mem> ::gets outside also:: +com+ Everyone outside and start looking.
[21:09] <@Mem> ::looks around the spider for signs of little footprints::
[21:09] <@Melissa> +com+ What are we looking for?
01[21:09] <@Savant> 5Roland> ::clicks in confirmation of Birkin's hail::
[21:09] <@Detro> Not sure, but you'd best head inside where it's safe.
[21:09] <@Mem> +com+ A brainwashed little boy who is going to betray us.
[21:09] <@Birkin> +com+ Be on the look out for one of the kids. Possibility that he is the spy
01[21:10] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::frowns, but pulls her helmet back on after stealing a brief kiss::
[21:10] <@Gabriel> ::winces at Birkin's language, no matter how accurate::
[21:10] <@Melissa> +com+ Roger. How long is he gone?
[21:10] <@Birkin> +com+ One hour
[21:10] <@Melissa> ::slides back into the tank and begins to see what she might have for fast response drones, aside from the Octopus::
[21:11] <@Mem> ::scans the Spider's surrounds for footprints, but he wasn't good at such a task::
[21:11] <@Detro> ::after the kiss:: I love you. ::smiles, puts his helmet on, then depressurizes the cockpit::
01[21:11] <@Savant> The Liberati start to move. Reubeni begin to roll up and down the pitted landscape. The little task force begins to scour the area.
[21:12] <@Mem> ::eventually gives up and jogs back to Shepherd::
[21:12] <@Melissa> ::begins to do a calculation of how far he could have gotten in an hour and programs a search pattern into the Octopus::
01[21:13] <@Savant> A little light flashes in Melissa's face - an emergency beacon some few kilometers outside of the encampment. Moments later, Mem gets the same report from Shepherd via his dataglove
[21:13] <@Mem> ::spots the signal as he gets into the cockpit::
[21:13] <@Detro> ::once Kellerton is down safe, he powers up JJ::
[21:13] <@Birkin> ::jogs over to Cerberus::
01[21:13] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::jogs out to a cluster of Liberati who are running out to search the dunes::
[21:13] <@Melissa> ::directs the octopus to that location:: +com+ Got an emergency signal ::sends co-ordinates to the team::
[21:14] <@Melissa> +com+ Sending the Octopus in that direction now
[21:14] <@Mem> +com+ Confirmed. Erinyes, JJ, intercept with caution.
[21:14] <@Caelin> ::reaching the last truck, suits up and exits through the airlock::
[21:14] <@Gabriel> +com+ Same frequency as before?
[21:14] <@Detro> +com+ Roger that. ::slams the throttle forward on JJ, tearing out of its parking spot::
01[21:14] <@Savant> The bay doors of Bonaparte open up and a bulky, tentacled shape jets outwards, soaring through the black sky. There's possibly nothing more creepy than watching an Octopus fly.
[21:15] <@Mem> +com+ Same signal.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> +com+ Recommend you use Shepherd to squash it. It's a risk going noisy out here, but less risky than a directed beacon.
[21:15] <@Mem> ::checks to see if it's in range of his ECM::
[21:16] <@Mem> +com+ Copy, Captain. I'll go loud.
[21:16] <@Mem> ::flips up some covers and then presses some butons, lighting up his countermeasures::
[21:17] <@Birkin> ::loads up into Cerberus:: +com+ Captain, recommend we send roland out there for a first look, I'll take his place to the south as a watchdog
01[21:17] <@Savant> The Octopus is the first on the scene. A dark, small figure is adshing through the dunes of silt and scree, holding a tiny grey rod in one hand and dashing like mad from the ominous many-armed shape floating towards him
[21:17] <@Melissa> ::watches the feedback from the Octopus::
[21:17] <@Gabriel> +com+ Approved, Cerberus.
[21:17] <@Mem> +com+ I've isolated the signal, cpatain. It's easy to jam without getting too loud.
[21:17] <@Melissa> +com+ I have contact
[21:18] <@Melissa> +com+ Shall I grab or hold back?
[21:18] <@Birkin> ::heads off to the south:: +com+ Boomer to Roland. Follow that signal. Melissa has con
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:18] <@Melissa> +com+ Shall I grab or hold back?
[21:18] <@Birkin> ::heads off to the south:: +com+ Boomer to Roland. Follow that signal. Melissa has contact, try to coordinate with her, I'll take your spot as watchdog
[21:18] <@Mem> ::watches for new signals just in case, but scatters the transponder's signal easily::
[21:18] <@Gabriel> +com+ I don't want him harmed. Capture unharmed. Those are the orders. Use your best judgment on methods.
01[21:19] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Deacon, this is Pathfinder.
[21:19] <@Gabriel> +com+ Go, Pathfinder.
[21:19] <@Detro> ::follows Roland out, letting JJ enjoy a little speed::
[21:20] <@Melissa> +com+ Roger that...will see if I can grab him with the drone. If not, will keep eyes on him and wait for Roland
01[21:20] <@Savant> It's easy to box John Van Daar in. He's on foot,a dn not particularily fleet either. He trips as the Octopus swoops close, and ends up scrabbling through the dust to get away from the monstrous thing, unaware of the Black Talons that encircle him meanwhile.
02[21:20] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[21:20] * Detro sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
[21:21] <@Birkin> ::sets up in a good spot where Roland was lying in wait on the south flank, watching the IFF signals do their work::
01[21:21] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Deacon, we've had to restrain the Sanvits. They've - they've gone insane.
[21:22] <@Birkin> ::curses under his breath:: We're too late.
[21:23] <@Melissa> ::swoops the Octopus in, clawed hand extended to grab the back of the target without crushing the kid::
[21:23] <@Caelin> ::runs out to the perimiter of the camp::+com+sleca, report, is there any sign of a response to that beacon?
01[21:23] <@Savant> The Octopus swoops in and snaps out with a mechanical arm, fishing John up into the air like a caught glass shark. He's writhing and, probably, screaming in the thing's grasp.
[21:24] <@Detro> ::splits wide off Roland's right flank, so they can cover each other's sixes in case anything gets behind them::
[21:24] <@Gabriel> +com+ That's... that's not surprising, Pathfinder. We're encountering the same down here. ::turns to Gennady:: I'm gonna go check on Emanna::
[21:24] <@Gabriel> +com+ Keep them sedated for the time being and we'll figure out what to do about them later.
01[21:24] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ We have no enemy contacts to report, Lead Armiger. We are detecting allied activity to the southwest.
[21:24] <@Melissa> +com+ Have the target grabbed, bringing back now
[21:25] <@Gabriel> ::heads rapidly for the aft airlock and the Spider::
01[21:25] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::A little incredulous at his blase attitude about it:: +com+ Acknowledged, Deacon. Out.
[21:26] <@Caelin> ::hears the com chatter from the talons::+subcom+[AS]Freja, how's emmana doing?
[21:26] <@Birkin> +com+ Boomer to Caelin. Are you still with the girl in the spider?
[21:26] <@Gabriel> ::crosses through the cloth airlock to the Spider, ready for almost anything::
[21:26] <@Caelin> +com+ i left scildfreja with her
[21:27] <@Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Dekarch. ::looks around the Spider:: Emanna?
01[21:27] <@Savant> Gabriel bursts into the Spider to see Emanna seated on the mesh hammock, her feet swinging back and forth, watching as Scildfreja plays a children's song on a small pocket flute. There's ahrdly any sign of insanity or bloodhsed at all.
01[21:28] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Stops playing as Gabriel bursts in, and then puts her hand to her ear:: +subcom+ [AS] She's fine. Did you find him?
[21:29] <@Detro> ::as the Octopus comes back, swings around on it to provide escort::
01[21:29] <@Savant> 3Emanna> ::holds out her hands for the flute:: I want to play it.
[21:29] <@Mem> :;watches the skies closely::
[21:29] <@Detro> +com+ This is Detro, I am RTB, escorting the Octo.
[21:29] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Scildfreja::
[21:29] <@Melissa> ::brings the child back to the base sight::
01[21:30] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods in reply to Gabriel, speaking softly as she gives Emanna the flute:: He went out to the bathroom as we were sleeping.
[21:30] <@Caelin> +subcom+[AS] yes, they're bringing him back now, apparently the other two we rescued are behaving similarly on the talon's ship, i was worried you might have been experiencing the same with emanna
01[21:30] <@Savant> The Octopus and the Talons, with their wriggling cargo, return to the Liberati encampment.
[21:30] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: No harm done. +com+ Thank you, Sergent. Well done to both you and the Dekarch.
[21:31] <@Melissa> ::has the Octopus stop by the Spiders, holding the child::
01[21:31] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] She's been an angel. This one's an armiger.
[21:32] <@Gabriel> ::grins at what strikes him as likely the highest compliment a Utopian can bestow::
01[21:32] <@Savant> 3Emanna> ::plays about with the flute, not at all good with it:: FWEET FOOT FOO FOO
[21:33] <@Caelin> +subcom+[AS]good to hear, returning to the spider, ::switches coms:: Sleca, watch the skies for any sign of terrans
[21:33] <@Melissa> +com+ Where do you want him?
[21:33] <@Birkin> ::waits for Roland to return before he comes back to take Cerberus back to the camp::
01[21:34] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Acknowledged Lead Armiger. Repositioning Spidhra.
[21:34] <@Gabriel> +com+ Spider Two, I think. I'll see what I can do with him. But give me a few minutes.
[21:34] <@Gabriel> +com+ I think it's time we were moving again, just in case Shepherd was heard.
[21:34] <@Melissa> +com+ Roger that ::has the Octopus setup by the second Spider, waiting for someone to take the child from it::
[21:34] <@Gabriel> ::gives Scildfreja and her charge a nod, confident things are under control here for now, and heads back toward Gennady to make the same recommendation::
[21:34] <@Detro> ::had been about to dismount on reaching the base, but hearing that, decides it's best he stay mounted up::
01[21:34] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Barges into the Spider where Gabriel is, looking about:: You got him. Emanna; Emanna, are you alright?
[21:35] <@Detro> ::even with all the excitement though, he still has to stifle another yawn::
01[21:36] <@Savant> 3Emanna> ::looks up form her flute-butchering, blank-faced:: Yes. Am I in trouble?
[21:37] <@Birkin> ::dismounts from Cerberus:: We get the kid?
01[21:37] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::pauses, then laughs, going to a knee and giving Emanna a hug:: No, of course not. ::Then he gets up, looking visibly relieved.::
[21:37] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Gennady:: I recommend we get moving again, just in case that brief signal was picked up.
[21:37] <@Detro> +com+ Whatever we do with him, we should make sure that transmitter isn't wrecked. We can use it as a trap, or to send whoever's listening on a wild springer chase.
01[21:38] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::He nods: I've already given the orders, as soon as everyone has enough fuel we're leaving.
01[21:39] <@Savant> 3Emanna> ::returns to playing the flute badly::
[21:39] <@Gabriel> ::nods and smiles:: Excellent. +com+ Talons, mount up. We're moving on. We've still got a lot of work to do tonight.
[21:39] <@Melissa> +com+ Someone want to grab the kid? I can't send the Octopus into the Spider easily
[21:39] <@Gabriel> +com+ Sergent Detro, rig Deacon for towing off Spider Two. I need to have a conversation with the planet's smallest spy.
[21:39] <@Caelin> ::cycles through the airlock and proceeds to awkwardly free himself from the armiger since everyon else was now preoccupied::
[21:40] <@Gabriel> +com+ On my way, Dekarch.
[21:40] <@Mem> So much for juice and freshly-baked bread. ::starts doing the squad NNet diagnostics as they get the order to take off::
[21:40] <@Melissa> +com+ Roger
[21:40] <@Detro> +com+ Roger that. ::motors JJ over towards Spider Two to unstow the tow lines::
[21:41] <@Birkin> ::grunts getting back into Cerberus:: Just another glorious day in the Talons. Children spies. Topping empires.
01[21:41] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:41] <@Savant> that works Smile
01[21:41] <@Savant> what did you think?
[21:41] <@Melissa> i had a feeling that it would be one of the kids
[21:41] <@Caelin> i think you were very busy tonight:)
[21:41] <@Gabriel> Great stuff. Smile Hung together perfectly. I think we all hit upon the same conclusion about the same time, which was nice.
[21:41] <@Melissa> but i enjoyed
01[21:42] <@Savant> i had a lot of NPCs tonight
[21:42] <@Mem> good stuff. good timing on the revelations.
[21:42] <@Detro> Yup, 's'all good
[21:42] <@Mem> with enough idle time to do some good dialogue.
01[21:42] <@Savant> yeah, i did my best to orchestrate things that way Wink glad it worked.
01[21:42] <@Savant> poor John Sad
01[21:42] <@Savant> we can do the cconversation this weekend or sometime before next game, if you like
[21:42] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: If he was a Sanvit, we could get the HA involved.
[21:43] <@Gabriel> On Caprice, dunno.
[21:43] <@Gabriel> Guess it'll depend on how deep the hooks are.
[21:43] <@Caelin> he's not dead, we'll just have delgado do her thing and hopefully reverse what the damn keffs did
[21:43] <@Melissa> ::has the octupus "soften" John up a little::
01[21:43] <@Savant> he's a Van Daar, which are politically a lot less radical than the folks you're dealing with right now
01[21:43] <@Savant> but we will leave that for later, since you only just grabbed him.
01[21:43] <@Savant> Questions, or shall I skip right to expees?
[21:44] <@Gabriel> No questions here. Much fun.
03[21:44] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:44] <@LrdVampyre> xp is good
[21:44] <@Caelin> expees pleese:)
[21:44] <@Birkin> I thought he was Van Saar
01[21:44] <@Savant> right. One is for being here. Well done on being here.
[21:44] <@Detro> The question I have, I asked in #LemOS and is more an in-game question I suspect.
01[21:44] <@Savant> he's a Van Daar. The Van Saar are an offshoot.
01[21:45] <@Savant> two is for teamwork. What sort of teamwork did you guys have today?
01[21:45] <@Savant> give me three examples and the point is yours.
[21:45] <@Birkin> Mem and I didn't kill anyone and we worked together to talk to the Liberati
01[21:45] <@Savant> hee, yes. Narrowly avoided, though you certainly didn't get any friends doing that
[21:45] <@Detro> Everyone else happened to keep Detro awake. Wink
[21:45] <@Birkin> Detro and Kellerton tried to work together to create the next generation of Talons
[21:46] <@Gabriel> Gennady and Gabriel are getting on well, and the coordination between Talon and Liberati is still succeeding.
01[21:46] <@Savant> Gennady's turning out to be my favourite Liberati character. I'm sad you aren't sticking around on Caprice for awhile to fight the war with him.
[21:46] <@Detro> And just about everyone had a piece in figuring out the camera thing.
[21:46] <@Detro> Oh, and kudos to Melissa for thinking that.
[21:46] <@Gabriel> Make him a liaison.
01[21:46] <@Savant> he's too busy being a general Wink
01[21:47] <@Savant> i'll give ti to you. lots of good, though subtle, teamwork today.
01[21:47] <@Savant> That's two. Three is storyline. Give me some storyline.
01[21:47] <@Savant> three storyline elements and it's yours.
[21:47] <@Gabriel> Full-on confirmation that the keffs are mass-producing moles.
[21:47] <@LrdVampyre> i kind of went with the fact that Bonaparte seems to be rather curious about the goings-on around itself
[21:48] <@Gabriel> Even more than that, though, there's some kind of instinctual spy training inside the mole training. John knew enough to depart, and just when and just how to.
[21:48] <@Mem> the Liberati don't admire the Ravens so much that they can ignore a couple of them searching through a couple of footlockers. Wink
[21:48] <@Caelin> caelin and scildfreja have multiple things to work on, investigating the steelgate/cef relationship, as well as training Emanna in the ways of the armiger:P
[21:48] <@Mem> Thought we were rock stars.
[21:48] <@Mem> Sad
[21:48] <@Detro> That said moles are also triggered by something.
01[21:48] <@Savant> start her off on knowing how to play a flute
[21:49] <@Detro> Whether it's distance to a certain area, or so many days without a contact stabilizer, etc.
01[21:49] <@Savant> you need to be more metal before they think you're rock stars, Mem. Grow your hair out, get a mullet.
[21:49] <@Mem> done
[21:49] <@Gabriel> More subtle, but there: the Liberati aren't providing formal training for their combat leaders, which is interesting, but scary.
01[21:49] <@Savant> how would they provide formal training?
[21:49] <@Mem> Talons
[21:49] <@Gabriel> They'd demand it from TN, yeah.
[21:50] <@Gabriel> They're providing a lot to this relationship, and could certainly ask for and get more.
[21:50] <@Mem> Sort of like how the US helps Iraqis train, I assume.
01[21:50] <@Savant> they are doing their best to not lean on Terra Nova, though it's highly likely they will send some "cadets" to Terra Nova. It just hasn't happened yet.
[21:50] <@Detro> :Very Happy: Detro would volunteer to help train their leaders, but after that wise-crack about how nobody follows orders in '05, I dunno Wink
[21:50] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: For now, it's an interesting story element.
06[21:50] * @Savant nods
[21:50] <@Mem> ::nods:: They justneed a handful, who can then teach on their own.
[21:50] <@Gabriel> Means that somewhere, at some point, a Liberati general is gonna screw up large.
01[21:50] <@Savant> Gennady may be one of those.
[21:50] <@Gabriel> Let's hope it's not next week, yes? Wink
01[21:50] <@Savant> hee
01[21:51] <@Savant> that's three points. Four points if you can tell me two things: your favourite memory of the Caprice arc, and your favourite NPC of the Caprice arc, and why.
[21:51] <@Detro> Of *this* Caprice arc or either?
01[21:52] <@Savant> heh. Either, I guess, if you preferred the first one.
[21:52] <@Gabriel> Gabriel getting to open up to the CEO of Mariss. They're definitely kindred spirits. And I really enjoyed the character, too. Hopefully, we'll see him on Utopia at some point.
[21:52] <@LrdVampyre> the whole car chase thing...that was fun
[21:52] <@Caelin> also about the kids, the they way the sanvits and john acted when we picked them up definetly suggested they had been worked by the CID, at the time we couldn't tell how much though, emanna on the other hand, pretty much acted like any other liberati kid, which makes me wonder if she was able to fake out the CID so they felt they didn't need to use drugs or such
01[21:52] <@Savant> chase scenes are awesome. Every campaign needs one
[21:52] <@Mem> Favorite memory from this arc is... first arriving in Gomorrah, everyone's shopping, Mem's hitting on women in the street. Drones are advertising new car sales. And favorite NPC is Krynn Rasuul, for obvious reasons. Menacing enemy, focus for our character's hatred.
01[21:52] <@Savant> Emanna's a wunderkind Wink
[21:53] <@Birkin> Seeing Bila smashing up the CEF on the inside and getting away with it. For the NPC I'd say Bila as well. Its nice to see a wounded soldier. Also a Southie too, we haven't seen many Southie NPC's Wink
01[21:53] <@Savant> i'm glad you like Krynn. She's awesome Wink
[21:53] <@Detro> Infiltrating buildings in Gomorrah. We never seem to do enough of that. As for NPC, my favorite Caprician NPC is going to be whoever does the most to save our asses in the upcoming battle. Wink
01[21:53] <@Savant> hee! I made Blia for you. Glad you liked her Wink
[21:53] <@LrdVampyre> favorite NPC...Bila actually and her one man war against CEF
[21:53] <@Detro> 'cause otherwise I have to answer Kellerton, for obvious reasons.
[21:53] <@Gabriel> She shoots you in the face for saying she's a man. Wink
[21:53] <@Mem> And I liked that first game in Gomorrah because it was really a good immersion sort of experience. We learned more about culture then than we did before.
[21:53] <@Gabriel> Or fires an HRP into your face. That's more her style.
[21:54] <@Detro> No, into your BACK.
01[21:54] <@Savant> Vibro-axe through the grille, yo.
01[21:55] <@Savant> anyways. Any other comments? Caprice is almost done. A big fight, a wrap-up game, and you're off to Terra Nova. June's the last month for Caprice.
[21:55] <@Gabriel> Nothing here.
[21:55] <@Detro> The big set-piece battle is gonna finish in 3 weeks?
[21:55] <@LrdVampyre> nothing here
01[21:55] <@Savant> at most three weeks. I will make it happen.
01[21:55] <@Savant> if it takes longer than that you all gonna die
[21:55] <@Birkin> Try not to kill me plz
[21:56] <@Mem> bomm
[21:56] <@Gabriel> No promises, deserter.
01[21:56] <@Savant> that's 4 xp, 5 for Melissa. Well done all!
[21:56] <@LrdVampyre> moob
01[21:56] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
[18:30] <@Jester> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Roland> ::attn and stuff::
[18:30] <@Detro> ::looks:: Who is this "Jester"?
[18:30] <@Detro> SECURITY!
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:30] <@Roland> HAH
03[18:30] * Caelin (~scotty@s013.isp.ca) has joined #BT05
[18:31] <@Mem> attn
01[18:31] <@Savant> good afternoon, and welcome to this very special episode of The Black Talons.
01[18:31] <@Savant> I will brief you, and then there will be things to do before we start.
01[18:31] <@Savant> 2To Move a Mountain
01[18:31] <@Savant> 2 22 Lares 275LC, 0430h - Early Morning - (24S TN1945)
01[18:31] <@Savant> 2 Mt. Valhalla, Northern Wastes, Caprice.
01[18:31] <@Savant> 2 -75 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity, 18 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:31] <@Savant> Blood and destruction shall be so in use/ And dreadful objects so familiar/ That mothers shall but smile when they behold/
01[18:31] <@Savant> Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;/ All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:/ And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,/
01[18:31] <@Savant> With Ate by his side come hot from hell,/ Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice/ Cry 'havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war;/ That this foul deed shall smell above the earth/ With carrion men, groaning for burial.
01[18:31] <@Savant> Shakespeare, Julius Caesar.
01[18:31] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:32] <@Detro> ack tu Brutus?
[18:32] <@Marshall> ack. Let's do this. Wink
[18:32] <@Mem> ack
[18:32] <@Roland> ack
[18:32] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:33] <@Gabriel> Let's hope this story ends better than that one did, hey?
01[18:33] <@Savant> perhaps not the most literally descriptive briefing, but I found it rather apt Wink And yes, I do hope so. You all realize that this game is for keeps, I hope.
[18:33] <@Mem> Yeah, and let's limit the carrion men to Earthers. Wink
01[18:33] <@Savant> Succeed and win timeless glory in the annals of history. Fail, and become a blot in the footnotes.
01[18:34] <@Savant> before we roll into questions, there's one thing that has to be done.
01[18:35] <@Savant> Detro's an insomniac. LEt's see how he's faring. HEA roll please, Detro.
01[18:35] <@Savant> hey look, he's okay. He does not suffer a -1 to all actions due to sleeplessness.
[18:36] <@Detro> Of course he made himself get sleep. Whadya think he was doing, bangin' boots with Kellerton all night? Wink
01[18:36] <@Savant> anything that has to be done? Does the Captain want to address his troops before the game?
[18:36] <@Gabriel> Suddenly, nothing at all occurs to me to say. Wink
[18:36] <@Gabriel> hfgldd
01[18:36] <@Savant> hee
01[18:37] <@Savant> okay, chatter to #LemOS.
[18:37] <@Mem> Kick ass and don't die. Let's do it.
01[18:37] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:37] <@Savant> The past 12 hours have been agonizing. You deployed underneath the looming spire of Mt Valhalla during the darkest part of the Caprician night, moving meter by precious meter through the rocks, on hands and knees at times, and at other times staying completely still while craft and satelite crossed the skies.
01[18:37] <@Savant> Now you are set in place behind what the CEF call Ridge 29 and what the Liberati have called 'Suicide Bluff'. The place is filled with subtle activity - Liberati on foot, hidden Reubeni and trucks. There's no communication and hasn't been for hours - all you have are hand signs and the sound of your own breathing.
01[18:37] <@Savant> Loki's wan light has not yet touched the horizon, but your clocks tell you that it won't be long off. Still, the train of rock trucks coming from the Normandiss Slip is constant, if achingly slow.
03[18:37] * Marshall sets mode: +o Caelin
[18:38] <@Roland> ::spritzes the fern set into the side of the cockpit with a mister::
[18:38] <@Detro> ::for Detro, the irony is clear, remembering the first time he fought with the Talons... the ambush, the long hours of waiting...::
[18:38] <@Gabriel> ::has almost gotten used to watching the battlefield through the eyes of the little Gargoyle on the other side of the ridge::
[18:39] <@Caelin> ::moves along with one of the reubenis as the liberati get into position::
[18:39] <@Mem> ::could hear nothing in the sealed cockpit... not even ground tremors. everything was still, and this really bothered Mem more than just about anything else ever had. he wasn't one for quiet on the magnitude of this, to the point of being able to hear the buzz of his own nervous system.::
[18:40] <@Roland> ::sets the spritzer down and goes through his instrument rotation time for the nth time since he had hunkered down in his position::
[18:41] <@Detro> ::has his tool arm up, monitoring passively... though he can't see it right now, he knows the Wasp drone that rode in with him is off to the side, waiting until needed::
01[18:41] <@Savant> The Liberati crouch in their charcoal-rust pressure suits and wait in their low, angular Reubenis, tense and anxious. The rock trucks crawl out from the Slip, as they have been for hours. It's so slow that it barely seems like there is movement at all, sometimes. Just beneath the threshold of the CEF's motion sensors.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> ::continues to watch, almost smiling, summoning up a mad hope that they might get out of this without a gun being fired in anger::
03[18:47] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@68.148.101.135) has joined #BT05
03[18:47] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:51] <@Roland> ::digs a packet of gum out of his pocket and looks at the single stick left inside of it, scowling at the lonely piece of synthetic sugars and starches::
[18:53] <@Mem> ::looks up as a "ping" comes from his sensors::
[18:53] <@Mem> ::watches Shepherd's computer bring up a map and a symbol on BA indicating an active sensor radiation, and then disappears::
01[18:54] <@Savant> And then another, and louder - Bastille Alpha just went active, flooding the valleys around it with electronic radiation for a few milliseconds.
[18:54] <@Mem> ::makes a gesture to Tynes, to his west, indicating they were being scanned::
03[18:55] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:55] <@Gabriel> ::nods and instructs his Gargoyle to send a tight-beam prearranged signal town the hill toward the Liberati by the slip::
[18:56] <@Detro> ::continues to watch what he can of the action below... though it's a bit difficult to pick out individual people::
[18:56] <@Roland> ::glances up as a light flickers on and a beep sounds in his cockpit - he grabs the last stick of gum and tosses in his mouth before discarding the package to the floor and bringing the faceplate of his helmet up to seal it::
[18:56] <@Caelin> ::watches the trucks mill about very slowly, he gives sleca a few hand signs and send it up ahead a bit the peek over the ridge::
[18:57] <@Melissa> ::takes a scan of her systems before cracking her knuckles:: Time to rock and roll
01[18:58] <@Savant> Out of nowhere, a pair of blazing bright streaks soar out from behind the rocky escarpment of Mt Valhalla. Arcs of white split the sky and pop into starbursts high overhead, forcing the dawning of an artificial sunrise across the valley. Your radios begin to swirl with static from the burst.
01[18:58] <@Savant> The first actions of the fortress can barely be seen - dust swirls skirling down the broad side slopes. Your combat computers struggle with the heat and movement data, but before too long the neural nets identify Frames and Hovertanks as the culprits. They're moving quick, and accelerating.
[18:59] <@Melissa> ::watches the starbursts explode:: Good morning Valhalla...
[19:00] <@Caelin> ::frowns::it begins
[19:00] <@Detro> ::shields his eyes for a bit, coming back to the visual in time to see the CEF reaction::
[19:00] <@Detro> ::still, he has to blink a few times to clear his vision entirely::
01[19:00] <@Savant> The Liberati, for their part, know when the jig is up. The multitude of vehicles begin to kick into gear, turning the still valley into a buzz of activity.
[19:01] <@Gabriel> ::slightly adjusts the Revisionist sash Deacon is wearing, making sure all the magnets have good adhesion, then whispers the Prayer for the Dying to himself::
01[19:02] <@Savant> The Rock Trucks ripple throught he valley, while the other Liberati vehicles stay still, almost powered down, waiting for engagement in their prepared positions.
01[19:03] <@Savant> The hovertanks aren't the only things leaving the fortress, however. The CEF has scrambled its air forces, which streak off into the sky with nearly the same speed and intensity as the artillery shells a half-minute before.
[19:05] <@Caelin> ::brings up the mini railgun and continues to wait patiently::
[19:05] <@Mem> ::brings his feet down off of the cockpit door and onto the Gear's control pedals and calmly goes over his systems one final time::
[19:05] <@Roland> ::watches his sensors, the computer highliting, identifying, and prioritizing the 16 targets that have appeared on the left flank::
[19:06] <@Gabriel> ::holds up Deacon's fist where all the nearby drones and Gears can see it and presumes the message will be passed on::
[19:06] <@Detro> ::eyes the terrain, roughing out the distance in his head... not close enough, but getting there...::
[19:07] <@Mem> ::spots the signal and holds up his gear's fist to the nearby entrenched Liberati::
[19:07] <@Gabriel> ::for sheer amusement value, also orders his Gargoyle to hold up its tiny fist as well::
01[19:07] <@Savant> More vehicles appear. It takes a moment for your combat computers to identify the distinctive plumes of HPC-64 carriers slipping from the peaks.
[19:07] <@Melissa> ::watches all the holding action, hands on the controls, scanning everything::
01[19:09] <@Savant> It's been nearly a minute since Bastile Alpha first sent up its star shells, and the calm is simply nerve-wracking. It's too calm, too quiet.
[19:09] <@Gabriel> ::calculates to himself how long Gennady's nerves will likely hold up::
[19:09] <@Roland> ::pauses long enough to swivel Erinyes' tool arm's camera up to scan the sky and see what's moving::
[19:10] <@Marshall> Delgado> ::impatiently strums her fingers, waiting in silence::
[19:10] <@Detro> ::keeps his eyes on the frames -- they'll be the easiest targets to take out, and also his source of refills for the burst launcher mounted to JJ::
[19:11] <@Detro> ::so far though, things seemed to be going about as well as they'd expected during the mission planning::
[19:15] <@Roland> ::frowns slightly, his eyes catching the visual signatures of four TAAFs circling above -- he minutely raises Erinyes hands, points one finger skywards, then lowers the one digit and replaces it with four::
01[19:15] <@Savant> And the artillery guns sound out - one! two! three! four! Hot streaks scream skyward.
[19:15] <@Detro> ::catches Roland's sign, but it doesn't really change anything. They were expected.::
01[19:15] <@Savant> The shells land amongst the Liberati's serried ranks, not nearly as hard as they otherwise ought.
[19:16] <@Caelin> ::frowns as more frames pop up around the prison, then even moreso when the shells are fired::
[19:16] <@Roland> ::his battle computer starts beeping another alert, the system identifying and tagging the increasingly larger swarm of CEF vehicles and frames::
[19:16] <@Mem> ::watches his HUD zoom out and flash the incoming artillery in a smooth gesture, watching them streak into the southwestern areas::
[19:16] <@Gabriel> ::nods to himself, seeing Roland's message through the Gargoyle, and relays it to the back rank: 4 TAAFs::
[19:16] <@Melissa> ::watched the shells travel and took a deep breath::
[19:16] <@Detro> ::recognizing the pattern to their attack, knows these are their artillery spotter drones coming in::
01[19:17] <@Savant> Bastille Alpha boils like a disturbed army skag nest, seemingly hundreds of angry insects pouring forth.
[19:18] <@Mem> ::his display also directs Mem's attention to the increase ins aturating electronics as the prison's ECM gradually gets louder::
01[19:18] <@Savant> The Liberati open fire on the closest things - the drones that have dropped in amongst them, quite unwelcomed guests.
[19:22] <@Gabriel> ::points Wren at the drone behind them and nods, then gives the hand signal through the Gargoyle to those closest to the drones should feel free to kill them::
[19:23] <@Caelin> ::watches the liberati fireing at one of the nearby terran drones and sees that as the signal to proceed::
[19:26] <@Melissa> ::watches the drones come out of the shells, trying to track them across the field::
[19:26] <@Mem> ::spots the drone behind them and targets it with his rifle after checking the range::
[19:27] <@Detro> ::holds his fire, as the only obvious targets are ones who would beat the living shit out of him if he fired::
[19:27] <@Mem> ::pulls the trigger and watches the result::
01[19:29] <@Savant> Mem sends a shell through the inflated landing-balloons of the drone's deployment cage as it bounces upwards, splitting apart the chassis and sending it falling in pieces
[19:29] <@Mem> ::listens tot he rifle reload and watches to make sure he doesn't need another shot::
02[19:30] * @Mem (~Brad@24.121.184.167) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[19:30] <@Gabriel> ::takes a half-step backwards with Deacon and points Macedon toward the drone behind him::
01[19:30] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Fires twice - his first shot, a single shell, doesn't seem to connect. So he unloads a quick burst which tears apart the beleaguered drone::
03[19:30] * Mem (~Brad@24.121.184.167) has joined #BT05
03[19:31] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Mem
[19:33] <@Marshall> Delgado> ::raises the autocannon and fires a shot off at the markserlight off to her right::
01[19:33] <@Savant> The drone is already being pinned down by bursts of machinegun fire, and Wren's able to place a shell through the core of the landing drone.
[19:33] <@Mem> ::stays under his camo and draws the rifle back in, waiting for the battle to progress to the next stage::
01[19:38] <@Savant> Battle Frames begin to fire, letting loose streaming missiles towards the clustered Liberati formations. The nomads dig in, preparing for the worst, as battle begins...
[19:38] <@Gabriel> ::selects boosted-range ammo for his field gun::
[19:38] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::selects area effect ammo for his own and aims::
[19:40] <@Marshall> Delgado> ::downs the drone and turns her attention the the dozen or so hovertanks about two kilometers away and closing::
01[19:40] <@Savant> Laser fire begins to lick out form the rearmost squad of Frames, only now engaging. The artillery guns rumble in the distance once more.
[19:40] <@Roland> ::chews his gum slowly, carefully, and lets himself forget about the mass of frames to the south for a moment -- the Hovertanks were the biggest threat, and they were going to swing around on the right flank::
[19:41] <@Caelin> ::checks his ranges and has to be content to stay put for the time being, untill something gets closer::
[19:41] <@Detro> ::watches the frames streak left out of his field of view... no good for range there.
[19:44] <@Detro> ::frowns, remembering the boosted range ammo. No chance to phone this one in either... he moves south to get the range::
[19:45] <@Melissa> ::glances at the southern groups, watching the targeting system begin to calculate valid targets::
[19:46] <@Caelin> ::signals sleca to return to the trucks::
01[19:46] <@Savant> Artillery begins to pound down into the Liberati ormation - real artillery, not drones. Whoever fired on the previous salove of drones has a very sharp rebuttal to their attacks
[19:46] <@Mem> ::braces himself as an artillery shell strikes down the ridge and below him 150m away::
01[19:46] <@Savant> the Liberati are no slouches, however. They lay fire into the approaching Frames with pent-up hostility equal to the firestorm raining around them.
[19:52] <@Mem> ::tiptoes around the incoming debris from the nearby explosion and sighs--already chipping the paint::
[19:53] <@Mem> ::Shepherd relays a damage report to Mem a few seconds later, not showing any significant impacts::
[19:57] <@Roland> ::growls to himself and pushes out from underneath the camo, Erinyes picking up speed quickly as he jams the throttle forward best he can as the gear's legs thump across the valley floor::
[19:57] <@Detro> ::taking in the drone's feed, adjusts his aim and lets loose in a hellish repeat of the firepower barrage they let loose on the day of their landing::
[19:58] <@Caelin> ::takes aim that the closest tank he sees and pulls the trigger on the railgun::
[19:58] <@Roland> ::thumps across the landscape, remaining low -- he sees Detro's rockets launch up into the air; a puff of smoke sending them up away from his gear before the extended range rocket motors kick in and scream out to the south::
[20:03] <@Detro> ::feels the tug from both launchers as they strafe the leading frame line with rocket after rocket::
01[20:03] <@Savant> Caelin and Detro open fire - the hovertanks watch Caelin with impunity, or at least they lookd own at wherever-that-shot-came-from with impunity. The Frames cannot afford to be so haugty, losing one of their numbers.
[20:05] <@Roland> ::throws Erinyes into a baseball slide, the MIRP pack hanging over Erinyes' head puffing out rounds much like Detro's just did in raining fire down on the approaching frames -- the last one goes off just as the gear slides up alongside the rock formation near Detro::
[20:08] <@Detro> ::grins -- it's nice having Roland having to hurry up after HIM after that Manchurian raid. He almost comms something, but then remembers that's not an option, so he settles for watching Roland's fire blasting into the same frames he shot::
[20:09] <@Mem> ::rolls south along the fascine road and takes two rifle shots at the remaining drone::
01[20:11] <@Savant> The last drone, in the centre of the whirlwind, is torn apart by Gage as both Detro and Ardelmos let loose on the approaching Battle Frames. Their first serried ranks are torn asunder by the combined attacks of the Liberati and Talons
[20:16] <@Melissa> ::swivels the turret southward and lines up on two of the frames, pulling the trigger twice::
01[20:17] <@Savant> Melissa finishes what the Liberati, Roland and Detro started, leaving the first row of Frames in tatters. There are, however, more on the way.
[20:19] <@Gabriel> ::opens fire himself on the approaching frames::
[20:22] <@Detro> ::and then more fire... and MORE...::
[20:24] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::adds his fire to Deacon's, setting up for quick firing::
01[20:24] <@Savant> The firepower issued forth from Suicide Bluff shocks the cluster of bleary-eyed officers in Bastille Alpha, as half of their advanced forces disappear in a shroud of fire. ORders are relayed to those below.
[20:25] <@Gabriel> ::leans out from behind the bluff and points to Shepherd, making a flag-waving gesture toward him::
[20:26] <@Mem> ::looks back at Tynes as he passes south, and salutes::
[20:27] <@Caelin> ::gets ready to move back to the trucks once they're ready to take off::
[20:28] <@Melissa> ::scans her sensors, checking to see what else might be coming their way::
01[20:30] <@Savant> There's a streak of white-hot fusion burn behind the ridgeline, and clouds of dust rise as flights of TAAF streak past the rear of your formation, dropping gifts and salutations along their path.
01[20:32] <@Savant> The Frames continue their assault, screaming past the ruins of their comrades as they go.
[20:35] <@Caelin> ::glances south and hopes scildfreja is holding up well::
[20:39] <@Detro> ::lasers stitch the air around JJ, but none find their mark just yet::
[20:40] <@Melissa> ::watches the action unfold on her sensor display::
[20:40] <@Roland> ::watches a couple of puffs of dirt shoot up from the top of the rock he's sheltered behind::
01[20:42] <@Savant> Things start to move, and quickly now. The Liberati start to relocate as they see the mass of Frames start to pinch into their southern flank. It's not that they aren't aware of the hovertanks to the north, there's simply little they can do but react at the moment.
01[20:43] <@Savant> Artillery sounds, and the hills shudder.
[20:48] <@Roland> ::keeps Erinyes' head down, and his feet towards the landing of the arty shell just north of him, pieces of soil and shrapnel peppering the side of the rock he's pushed up again::
[20:50] <@Melissa> ::watches the shells explode on the lines::
[20:50] <@Detro> ::grits his teeth as the ground pounds around him::
01[20:55] <@Savant> The sound is deafening, and the toll is gruesome - the Liberati are pounded by a sudden eruption of fire along the face of the ridge. They were prepared, and it shows, but even still, it's a massacre.
[20:56] <@Detro> ::unfortunately, his feed to the drone goes dead as well::
[21:04] <@Mem> ::scoots up and goes hull down again, and sends out a signal to the ECM pods to activate, and he takes a few moments to configure them both properly::
[21:05] <@Marshall> Delgado> ::kicks the gear up to speed and races northeast so she didn't get cut off by the HT column::
[21:05] <@Mem> +com+ This is the Lyonesse Revenge Patrol, come in freedom fighters.
[21:06] <@Caelin> ::raises an eyebrow::
01[21:07] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Through the static:: +com+ Lyonesse, good to hear you! ::Static, an explosion, a revving engine:: Lovely weather we're having!
[21:08] <@Gabriel> ::grins to himself inside his helmet, setting up his long gun for another round of firing::
[21:08] <@Melissa> ::refrains from doing a facepalm upon hearing Mem's name for the group::
[21:09] <@Detro> ::fires his autocannon at the two lead gears to his south, a less than stellar event compared to his opening salvo, then scoots away from the artillery strikes::
01[21:09] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> +com+ All Units, dovetail! Don't mind the meteor shower, we've been through worse!
[21:12] <@Roland> ::glances back and watches Detro tear off northwards as he tosses his wasp up to peer over the small mound he lies behind -- after a moment of tieing in with it, he leans back and releases the trigger, sending a second shower of enflamed rockets down upon the approaching frames::
[21:13] <@Gabriel> ::blinks at this, thinking "He has?"::
[21:13] <@Gabriel> ::makes a note to have a long conversation with Gennady later::
[21:14] <@Caelin> ::grabs hold of the last rock truck and climbs on just before it takes off::+subcom+ [AS] Sleca, follow.Freja, you still out there?
01[21:19] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ I'm fine. Waeps is gone. This is a lot of fire, Caelin. We need another column.
01[21:21] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Scildfreja rockets intot he air like a superhero and little wings pop open from the back of the armiger. It soars in the air for a few brief, terror-stricken moments before disappearing behind another ridge.::
[21:21] <@Roland> ::as his rockets arc over his cover, he throws Erinyes into a sprint northwards, switching to wheels ever so briefly along a flat stretch, before slipping in between some crags as he moves northwards::
[21:21] <@Caelin> +subcom+i'm moving to your position on the last truck, i can't do much against these tanks, they keep just out of my range
01[21:23] <@Savant> Everything's moving at once; the path between the Frames and the Liberati is heavily cloyed by thick black contrails from missiles, bright white beams of laser light cutting through them. Fire burns across the plains. All of this set across the alien landscape of the Caprician highlands. If you get out of this, this is going to make *Excellent* propaganda footage back home.
[21:24] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::orders his Gargoyle to move slightly to keep the advancing column in sight::
[21:26] <@Melissa> ::fires at another Frame and then a tank::
[21:27] <@Detro> ::his path north takes him west -- with luck, he can offer a final round of support to anyone still near the prison and still catch up with the Talons::
[21:29] <@Gabriel> ::opens fire on the tanks, and when he runs out of boosted range ammo, switches to AE::
01[21:30] <@Savant> 5Radio> **"we've lost contact with the lead Van Saar team" ... "Falcon is out! Falcon is out! The last truck is rolling!" ... "Keep the pass open, or we're going right up the slope!" ... "
[21:31] <@Mem> +com+ ::hears the lower Liberati frequency through the static:: Crunch time, guys. Let's not let them down.
[21:32] <@Detro> +com+ Lead, this is Detro. I'm stationed on the east flank near the breakout point. The south path might be too hot. ::checks his readings:: I can cover their retreat up the slope if they have to, but those tanks to the north are going to be a problem soon.
[21:34] <@Detro> ::his voice sounds a bit... worried as he says this::
[21:35] <@Marshall> +com+ Shepherd, Wren. I'm moving North. I'll try to put some fire on those tanks.
[21:37] <@Mem> +com+ Belay that, Wren, no solo trips.
01[21:38] <@Savant> 5Radio> **"These tanks are getting ready to come down on us here!" "Relax, Hattenai! Hit the dirt as they get close, wait for them to pass. There's lots of cover. Just like the training" **
[21:38] <@Marshall> Delgado> +com+ Wren. Orders?
[21:38] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::destroys the second tank with a well-placed VLFG shot, then ripples some rockets into the lighter frames behind::
[21:39] <@Mem> +com+ Hang tight up there. Don't engage those tanks unless the Liberati near you do.
[21:39] <@Marshall> Delgado> +com+ Wren. Copy.
[21:40] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::then follows it up with a second VLFG AE shot into the damaged frame::
[21:40] <@Mem> ::points his rifle southwest to watch through his targetting systems:: +com+ Keep the pressure on that south side, Boomer.
[21:44] <@Detro> ::he wants nothing more than to hop on the comm and ask if Kellerton was among the lead team lost... duty, and that the other Talons are relying on him as much as he relies on them means he can't afford to worry yet. Mourn the dead after the battle, not init::
01[21:46] <@Savant> Coming out form the skies like plummeting comets, a pair of drop pods shriek down into the Highlands bluffs, slamming into the rock and silt as the fires rage on. Overhead, the TAEFs are circling in for another round. The CEF looms heavily on either side, surrounding the rekless and heroic Liberati in their efforts.
[21:48] <@Melissa> ::frowns slightly at the arrival of the drop pods::
[21:48] <@Marshall> Delgado> ::looses some rockets at the CEF drop pod::
[21:49] <@Caelin> ::spots the drop pod and takes aim, firing a single railgun shot at it::
[21:51] <@Detro> ::glares at the drop pod of drones, his anger being fueled by his worries for Kellerton, and remembering what they did to the Talons last time:: Not again. Not EVER again... ::he rounds on the pod...::
01[21:51] <@Savant> The Talons let out some shots at the drop pods as they land - the Liberati there join in,l tersely firing more for effect than damage - the thing showed up just too abruptly. Several aim more calmly, lining up their shots
[21:52] <@Gabriel> ::watches the drop pods come in:: +com+ Mem, I'm modifying the plan a bit. Deacon has the flag.
[21:52] <@Mem> ::watches the pods land:: +com+ Here comes the zerg. Aye, captain, you have the flag.
[21:53] <@Caelin> ::raises an eyebrow::+com+what are, zerg?
[21:54] <@Detro> +com+ ::icily:: Lead, Detro. The pod's mine. ::warms up the ABMs::
[21:54] <@Roland> ::revs his engine and roars forward again:: +com+ C'mon let's fuck these guys' shit up already so we can get our assess home!
01[21:54] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:55] <@Mem> yarr.
01[21:55] <@Savant> that works. Lots of decent ending lines there to pick from. You pick your favourite Wink
01[21:55] <@Savant> well done! That's phase one and two. HAlf done, right?
[21:55] <@Roland> Relatively unscathed so far...
01[21:55] <@Savant> questions?
01[21:56] <@Savant> i hope to to tie this up next week, but we'll see how it goes.
[21:56] <@Gabriel> None, good family fun for all. Smile
[21:56] <@Caelin> for the talons, liberati took the brunt of it so far
[21:56] <@Gabriel> Nah, seems doubtful.
01[21:56] <@Savant> If it does end next week, that could be very, very bad Wink
[21:56] <@Gabriel> I think this is gonna take us two more.
[21:56] <@Gabriel> Heh, yes, agreed.
06[21:56] * @Savant nods
[21:56] <@Roland> That was two rounds.
[21:56] <@Gabriel> If it's ending next week, it's because 2/3 of us are in Spiders and we gotta flee.
01[21:56] <@Savant> it's looking like three. Anyone have issues with that? I hope this is entertaining enough as it is.
[21:56] <@Detro> Fine by me
[21:57] <@Roland> What's the longest in terms of rounds we've gone? 6? 8?
[21:57] <@Mem> No, it's wonderful. I like our 4 hour combat sessions.
[21:57] <@Gabriel> No issues here. I was counting on three weeks.
[21:57] <@Mem> Used to have 6 hour ones.
[21:57] <@Mem> Wink
[21:57] <@Roland> With 1/8th the units. Wink
01[21:57] <@Savant> there's a lot going on this time. I've gotten a bit of a system down now, though, that will streamline things.
03[21:57] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:57] <@Mem> Yeah, I thought it moved along pretty well so far.
01[21:57] <@Savant> who wants expees?
[21:58] <@Mem> oh... xpees?
[21:58] <@Roland> Do it at the end of the combat.
[21:58] <@Gabriel> Yes, please.
[21:58] <@Gabriel> Nooooooo.
[21:58] <@Mem> If you're givin' em, I'm takin' em.
[21:58] <@Gabriel> Want to stock up on more ED.
[21:58] <@Caelin> mee!
[21:58] <@Gabriel> Plus you have to spend, Fraser. Razz
01[21:58] <@Savant> i'll give some now, but Roland's right, most will be at the end.
[21:58] <@Roland> I bought Pilot 4 and Dueling 3. That's enough until Utopia. Wink
01[21:58] <@Savant> I'll give you the one base point tonight, plus one more for teamwork, if you tell me how your teamwork did.
[21:58] <@Marshall> Do I get XP for this, or are those going to Delgado? Wink
[21:58] <@Detro> We're all still alive despite having no comms for half the game
01[21:58] <@Savant> you can have them Wink
[21:59] <@Roland> MAPs caused >BLAP<s
[21:59] <@Marshall> woot.
[21:59] <@Detro> Everyone stuck to the plan for the most part.
01[21:59] <@Savant> blatt blatt
[21:59] <@Gabriel> Everyone's sticking to the plan, nobody's panicking, everyone's moving well, everyone's covering each other.
06[21:59] * @Savant nods
[21:59] <@Mem> ::nods:: Everything's great so far.
01[21:59] <@Savant> I'm quite pleased with how well you guys are sticking to it.
[21:59] <@Gabriel> Heh. I wouldn't say "great."
[21:59] <@Marshall> ::nods:: I'm going to try and keep that northern pocket from closing up like Fallaise, though Wink
[21:59] <@Gabriel> Everything's as expected, FUBAR. Wink
01[22:00] <@Savant> mm, 4xHAG...
[22:00] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Wren's gonna be busy next round. Erinyes should get up here to help him.
01[22:00] <@Savant> won't it suck when the other artillery teams wake up, too.
01[22:00] <@Savant> anyways. Smile two points. You'll get the bulk of them after the game, but that shoudl help the ED a bit.
01[22:00] <@Savant> no spending tonight, though.
01[22:00] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Fraser is now known as Roland
[18:30] <@Roland> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Mem> attn
01[18:31] <@Savant> hello, good evening. How are you? feeling relaxed, comfortable, in the groove?
[18:31] <@Roland> WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE
[18:32] <@Marshall> Mood: =(
01[18:32] <@Savant> -2 psyche, you say?
[18:32] <@Detro> ::Cracks his knuckles:: I am become death, destroyer of drones.
03[18:32] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@68.148.101.135) has joined #BT05
03[18:32] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
01[18:32] <@Savant> noodless to say, we will be picking things up pretty much where we left them
03[18:32] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
01[18:33] <@Savant> I can fast forward to a dark and damp cell of Bastille Alpha if people like that idea, though.
01[18:33] <@Savant> noodless. ahaahaahaa, i'm awesome. Haven't even hit the drink yet
01[18:33] <@Savant> tonight's gonna be *prime*
[18:33] <@Detro> rib?
[18:33] <@Roland> The noodles are all gone.
01[18:33] <@Savant> optimus.
[18:33] <@Detro> ::da-dum-ching::
[18:33] <@Lykaeon> Jesus I just downloaded the map...
[18:34] <@Marshall> CEFswarm.
01[18:34] <@Savant> other channel, Lykaeon.
01[18:34] <@Savant> briefing? briefing.
01[18:34] <@Savant> 2To Move a Mountain
01[18:34] <@Savant> 2 22 Lares 275LC, 0430h - Early Morning - (24S TN1945)
01[18:34] <@Savant> 2 Mt. Valhalla, Northern Wastes, Caprice.
01[18:34] <@Savant> 2 -75 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity, 18 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:34] <@Savant> Blood and destruction shall be so in use/ And dreadful objects so familiar/ That mothers shall but smile when they behold/
01[18:34] <@Savant> Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;/ All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:/ And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,/
01[18:34] <@Savant> With Ate by his side come hot from hell,/ Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice/ Cry 'havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war;/ That this foul deed shall smell above the earth/ With carrion men, groaning for burial.
01[18:34] <@Savant> Shakespeare, Julius Caesar.
01[18:34] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:34] <@Caelin> ack
[18:34] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:34] <@Detro> ack
[18:34] <@Marshall> ack
[18:34] <@Mem> ack
[18:34] <@LrdVampyre> ack
03[18:34] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:34] <@Roland> ack
01[18:34] <@Savant> questions? Anyone?
01[18:34] <@Savant> bueller? bueller?
[18:35] <@Gabriel> Couple of quick opening comments.
01[18:35] <@Savant> go to
[18:35] <@Gabriel> Tonight's gonna be The Empire Strikes Back to follow last week's Star Wars. Four big problems tonight, guys.
[18:35] <@Detro> TALONS! TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL'S DRIVE-IN AND FRIED CHICKEN STAND!
[18:35] <@Roland> Do Shakespeare's works still exist in the 65th century? Wink
[18:35] <@Detro> I'm buying. Smile
01[18:35] <@Savant> they do indeed. Information storage is high fidelity and has been for a few centuries. And Captain Tynes, your troops are disorderly.
[18:35] <@Gabriel> 1) The tanks on the NW side. 16 of them. That's a lot. Grab the ruler and draw a line 25 hexes long from the first group toward us. You'll find that they're gonna be on top of us in 1, maybe 2 rounds. Their brothers are right behind 'em. Deacon, Wren, and probably JJ get that problem.
[18:36] <@Gabriel> 2) The drones. We don't know how many yet or what type, but their job is to MAP for the tanks. So they have to die quick.
[18:36] <@Gabriel> 3) The HPCs in the SW. 4 of them, no doubt carrying lots of GREL, those GREL with double range weapons. Don't dismiss 'em.
[18:37] <@Gabriel> 4) And ironically, least critical at least for the next round or two, the remaining frames. Don't dismiss them either, but at least we did our jobs last week and cut their heart out. Still, there's still 17 of them, so it's not something we can ignore.
[18:37] <@Detro> And 5) Watch for continuation of the carpet artillery.
[18:38] <@Gabriel> So, stick with plan. We're almost in phase 3 here, so fire and fall back, fire and fall back. Don't forget to go hull down, all the time.
[18:38] <@Caelin> those frames are aparently on fire still
[18:38] <@Roland> Only three of them are.
[18:38] <@Caelin> ahh
[18:38] <@Gabriel> Savant, you're gonna continue to halo for us as long as the Liberati are around? We also need laser dots on targets the Liberati successfully ping with their TDs.
01[18:39] <@Savant> excellent, very astute. yes, I like that mechanism and we'll keep using it.
[18:39] <@Gabriel> Tonight's the night we empty Deacon's and Cerberus's missile launchers, or as much as possible.
[18:39] <@Caelin> ahh there's 13 other frames there, huh
01[18:39] <@Savant> Any other useful comments or questions for the game?
[18:39] <@Mem> Don't die.
01[18:39] <@Savant> gl hf dd
[18:39] <@Caelin> i guess for my perspective, any change in what i should be doing?
[18:40] <@Gabriel> Nope. Stick with the Liberati. If you see something close to you with a red dot, use an AGM on it.
[18:40] <@Caelin> ok
[18:40] <@Mem> Yeah, and remember the mission.
01[18:40] <@Savant> okay, let's move tis to #LemOS
01[18:41] <@Savant> time for the pain to continue.
01[18:41] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:42] <@Savant> Fire continues to pound down on the slope of Suicide Bluff, beginning to form into a concerted series of salvos, screening the Frames as they advance. The two drop pods have only just slamme dinto the ground moments ago - dust and smoke still hang about them.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> +com+ Steady, everyone. Watch those tanks. Erinyes, JJ, start falling back, double-time.
[18:48] <@Roland> ::clicks his mic in acknowledgement as he weaves behind a rock outcropping on his way north::
[18:48] <@Detro> ::Grits his teeth, his pipper lining up on one of the drop pods -- there's no way in hell he's going to allow them to repeat what happened to Craig::
[18:49] <@Melissa> ::continues to scan her displays, watching and waiting for the best shot::
01[18:51] <@Savant> A puff of gasses blow out of the sides of the two drop pods, which quickly lose their armoured sides. The drones within begin to stir
01[19:01] <@Savant> Meanwhile, Bastille Alpha releases another salvo of artillery fire. The fire-stained streaks are hidden behind a growing veil of contrails, smoky blinds blotting out the black sky.
01[19:03] <@Savant> The Liberati radio is filled with screams, and with shouted orders, groans of the wounded and dying. They are still moving and still fighting, however.
[19:04] <@Mem> ::peeks around the rock and levels his rifle at targets sustaining heavy fire::
01[19:05] <@Savant> Mem's shot straikes true, blasting into a fragile joint in the HPC's suspension and tearing it nearly in half.::
[19:06] <@Mem> ::fires two shots at a purple carrier and a frame::
01[19:07] <@Savant> The lightly-armoured vehicles aren't able to sustain this volume of fire - clearly the CEF needs to rethink their Battle Frame tactics.
[19:09] <@Mem> ::slides back behind the rocks and readies his fire control for another round, and looks for places to go as the frames advance::
[19:10] <@Mem> +com+ Purple movers coming up the middle, south.
[19:11] <@Detro> ::fires a hastily-aimed shot off at the north drop pod, then falls back.
[19:11] <@Marshall> Delgado> ::fires a single shot at the drone pod trying to keep it at bay::
[19:12] <@Mem> ::feels the debris from the artillery strikes finally dropping around the mountain, and watches for the next volley::
01[19:12] <@Savant> The Talons are able to make pretty short work of the Northern drones - with the Liberati infantry scouring their sides with light fire, it's easy to flank them and finish them off.
[19:13] <@Detro> ::once hull-down, keeps the MAC at the ready to cover Roland's retreat back::
01[19:13] <@Savant> meanwhile, Im'a shoot stuff.
01[19:17] <@Savant> ((oops Smile ))
01[19:18] <@Savant> The Frames begin to pour fire in on the closest Liberati, while the carriers unload their living cargo into the rocks.
[19:20] <@Detro> ::hull down, he loses his visual of the northern front and can only hope the pod he shot at gets bagged before it deploys... like the HPCs down south are. Anyone left in the gash was not likely getting out alive now, certainly not along the planned route::
01[19:21] <@Savant> Detro hears a familiar voice amongst the cacophony on the radio. Kellerton was out int he crags between Mt Valhalla and Suicide Bluff, where some of the heaviest artillery salvos had hit.
[19:21] <@Melissa> ::raises the cannon slightly and pulls the trigger twice, aiming at one of the battleframes::
[19:22] <@Detro> ::his head perks, and he thanks his ancestors she's still alive... he tries to pick out her voice::
01[19:22] <@Savant> The beleaguered battle frame is left in a ruin, the shells from Bonaparte doing more than just finishing him off. There's little left but smouldering bits of scattered metal.
01[19:23] <@Savant> Melissa, moments later, hears Bonaparte complain with a beep-beep-beep directed at it from Bastille Alpha.
[19:24] <@Melissa> ::glances at her panels::
[19:26] <@Detro> ::grits his teeth... he wants nothing more than to get on the comms and see if she's okay. And even if she is, the CEF is almost on top of them...::
01[19:27] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Kellerton is wailing at moments, whimpering in others, calling for help between her tortured breaths *somewhere* out in the rocks. By the sound on the radio one can tell she's trying to get to safety, but it's ahrd to imagine what safety could be found out here.::
[19:28] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::sees the infrared targeting system activate, and tasks one of the AGMs from the basket over his head to it, then fires a long gunshot at the drop pod, heading for a revetment::
[19:28] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::grins when the pod and all its drones explode, and celebrates by firing the nitro pack in Cerberus for the first time::
01[19:29] <@Savant> Birkin is as devastating as ever. Cerberus spits out a salvo that gives the CEF pause, smashing one if their lighter hovertanks to the gorund and obliterating the drop pod. Its' structure remains as a blackened skeleton in the rock.
[19:30] <@Gabriel> ::then fires a third shot at the second light tank::
[19:32] <@Gabriel> ::gets himself moving toward the incoming tanks and the LRG he's gonna use against them::
[19:36] <@Caelin> ::recognizes the voice on the radio as the woman who he had met in the caravan, that help him fumble his way out of his armiger, he had seen her with the talon called detro before at the liberati base and suddenly imagined he must be going through what caelin did when scildfreja was out of contact after gomorrah:: +subcom+sleca, search order, find liberati female that coresponds to this voice ::records a sample and sends::
[19:36] <@Gabriel> ::opens fire on the tanks just to let them know he's there::
[19:38] <@Gabriel> ::is gratified to see shrapnel bounce up into the undercarriage of his tank and a large secondary explosion take place, and grins::
[19:38] <@Gabriel> +com+ North group has contact with hover tanks. Erinyes, your grenade launcher would be very useful up here.
01[19:38] <@Savant> Gabriel's shots are well placed, and despite the range, he manages to drop a shell directly on top of the Hovertanks' thrust vanes. It wobbles in the air and begins to slow::
01[19:39] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ *beep* Acknowledged, Lead Armiger. Stealth Posture maintained.
[19:42] <@Roland> +com+ One sec.
[19:44] <@Marshall> Delgado> +com+ Deacon, Wren. I got your six. Got any ideas?
[19:44] <@Gabriel> +com+ Yep, you're taking my place in a second while I operate the gun. ::points at the nearby LRG::
[19:45] <@Marshall> Delgado> +com+ Wren. Copy.
[19:46] <@Roland> ::brings Erinyes to a near stop, sliding backwards -- he leans back and the box launcher stick up over top of Erinyes' head belches out fire for the third time -- the rockets puff out and the engines ignite, arcing high up into the air before slamming down in a cacaphony of explosions and flaming gel::
01[19:49] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::pops up from behind her rocks briefly, long enough to level the long barrell of the Terran rifle down into the valley and pop a shot into the hovertank below.:: +subcom+ H19.
[19:49] <@Caelin> ::takes a quick look on the battlefield and notes a light tank under fire, he picks the AGM that was attached to the back of the rock truck he's hitching a ride on and takes aim::
[19:52] <@Roland> ::gets Erinyes moving again, thumping up the hill and over towards Tyne's position, switching back and forth between secondary and primary as he moves from rough, to clear, and back to rough terrain::
01[19:52] <@Savant> GREL scatter for cover beneath the bombardment of flying molotov cocktails Roland lays out for them. The vehicles aren't so nible, nor so lucky - they're covered in the paste and incinerate as they scream out of control
[19:52] <@Caelin> ::squeezes the trigger on the agm places it back down on the truck::
[19:54] <@Gabriel> +com+ Incoming! Take cover, take cover! ::waves the Liberati closest to him down::
[19:55] <@Caelin> +com+that lone southern tank is struggling to manuever now, if anyone can, put the terran out of it's misery
01[19:57] <@Savant> The Liberati are, for the most part, already in cover, but it's hard to avoid - shells come screaming down and shatter the ground - fireballs speckle the ridgeline, burning cotton-balls wreathed in smoke. The whole mountain shudders.
[19:57] <@Melissa> ::hunkers in with the incoming artillery::
[20:00] <@Detro> ::noting the artillery shells flying over his head -- barely -- he's busy working out a truly boneheaded stunt that still fits in the tactical plan. Barely.::
[20:02] <@Mem> ::clenches his teeth as the shell explodes overhead and nearby, and jars the gear into the ground::
[20:03] <@Mem> ::opens his eyes, his ears ringing, and gets the damage report from Shepherd that its leg had been grazed with sharpnel::
[20:05] <@Mem> ::his sensors fuzz up momentarily, his Wasp goes offline on his HUD, and he grimaces and shakes the injured leg and wheel to test it::
[20:05] <@Melissa> ::rocks in her chair from the after shock of the artillery strike, her eyes going to her damage displays and seeing nothing in the yellow, let a sigh of relief out and began to gun the engines::
[20:05] <@Mem> I ain't even loud, assholes. Lay off. ::glances at the position reports and decides to move up to support Tynes::
[20:07] <@Detro> +com+ Kellerton! If you can hear me, find a hill nearby and TAKE COVER...
[20:08] <@Mem> ::... did Mem just actually hear that over the comm?::
[20:08] <@Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ I'm headed for my gun, but it got pelted by that artillery. The blanket looks torn up.
[20:08] <@Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ Mem, can you tell if it's damaged?
[20:09] <@Detro> +com+ I'm on my way up there, and I'll keep them off until your unit can pull out...
[20:12] <@Mem> +com+ Can't tell, Boomer. The tarp's all shredded, though. ::looks for a good target to the south for a parting shot::
[20:13] <@Detro> ::motors south at top speed, coming up hull down behind a hill... the tactical feed from one of the wasps on the field lets him aim his APM towards one of the sniper teams still standing on the field::
[20:15] <@Detro> :Surprisedr at least, the one he sees closest to him::
01[20:16] <@Savant> Detro's shells slam home, thoug the pair of Morganas are still there - bloodied, but still very much in the fight.
[20:20] <@Detro> +com+ Lead, Detro. I am in position on the southern flank, varmiting... ::presses JJ flatter against the hill as shots streak by his position:: ...but I cannot hold out here long.
01[20:21] <@Savant> The GREL press forward from the south, with the larger Battle Frames sweeping in behind them and coming along the side of the ridgeline. THey aren't firing yet, but you can tell by how they're holding their weapons that they're just waiting - daring - any of you to stick your heads out.
[20:21] <@Mem> ::rolls north, along the back side of the bombarded ridge and finds a new position behind Tynes and spies on the tanks approaching from the north:: Fuckers. ::checks his AGM status, and then the pods::
01[20:23] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ No target, Lead Armiger, no target. Clarify mission parameters.
[20:23] <@Detro> +com+ Kellerton, if you can hear me, get north while you can
[20:24] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::connects to the nearby sensor pod for targeting data::
01[20:24] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> +com+ ::Her voice is weak and woozy over the radio, amidst teh shouts and orders and noise of the battlefield:: Deh- Detro? Where are you?
[20:25] <@Mem> +com+ Incoming airstrike, heads down.
[20:25] <@Melissa> ::rolls forward, firing at a couple more frames while doing so::
[20:27] <@Mem> ::watches Shepherd's display flash red and then overlay the firing lane of the TAAFs as they approach::
[20:27] <@Detro> +com+ Tell me where you are Kellerton, I'm coming...
01[20:28] <@Savant> A squad of Mordred die horribly, cursing Roland's name.
01[20:29] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> +com+ ::She's clearly very injured; she can't breathe properly and is coughing:: Detro! I'm on the r- no, dont' come here, god, no!
01[20:30] <@Savant> The Talons fight back, though it's clear that the wind is quickly leaving the offence's sails at an alarming rate. On the plus side, those rock trucks are starting to gain speed and get out...
[20:31] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::sees his infrared sensor light up again, and again releases missiles from the basket on the unknown targets::
[20:31] <@Caelin> +subcom+ sleca, search along the southern ridge, follow the comm signal containing the voice print given
01[20:31] <@Savant> Birkin is tremendously effective, and he can't even see it. More's the pity, but it's really the story of his life.
[20:32] <@Detro> +com+ I'm not leaving you for those bastards! Tell me where you are!
[20:33] <@Mem> ::slams back into hull down as the aircraft approach, and raises his rifle at the approaching tanks:: +com+ Detro, work to do.
01[20:35] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Acknowledged, Lead Armiger. Low signal to noise ratio impeding progress. Proceeding.
[20:35] <@Gabriel> ::again fires his own shot on nitros at one of the nearby frames::
[20:36] <@Gabriel> << Birkin> >>
[20:36] <@Gabriel> ::gets moving toward the railgun at half speed, and uncovers it when he reaches it::
[20:39] <@Caelin> ::frowns:: +com+ talon detro, try to keep your friend talking, i have sleca searching
[20:39] <@Detro> +com+ ::snarls in reply to Mem:: Gwon ni tze jee duh shr!
[20:40] <@Caelin> ::meanwhile he reloads the AGM and starts looking for another target::
[20:40] <@Mem> ::takes his shots now, at the lead hovertanks::
[20:41] <@Gabriel> Deacon's Gargoyle> ::goes for some hot drone-on-drone action and opens fire::
[20:42] <@Roland> *squawk* ::Roland's microphone activates and his comes on the channel in an uncharacteristic leveled voice -- not like smaller engagements where things were more heavily swayed in Talons favour:: +com+ Keep the channel clear. *squawk*
[20:43] <@Detro> ::frantically works to track Kellerton's signal down::
[20:44] <@Gabriel> Gabriel> ::once the LRG is up and spinning, opens fire at a tremendous rate on the incoming tanks::
01[20:45] <@Savant> The railgun indeed starts to scream, shaking the rock it's bolted to, even jostling the powerful arms of the Kodiak as it sprays down a swath of death into the hovertanks below.
01[20:48] <@Savant> It's not enough to slow them up, though. While one starts to list off, starting a tortured circle away form the battle and back out of the railgun's range, the others press forward.
[20:48] <@Detro> ::tracks her down and curses -- he was practically right on top of her before and didn't even know it::
[20:49] <@Detro> ::squawks the tactical map, putting a marker on Kellerton::
[20:49] <@Detro> ::prepares to move JJ out from the hill to make pickup::
[20:50] <@Mem> +com+ Detro, we're gonna have particle beams shoved down our throats in a second, where the fuck are you?
[20:51] <@Gabriel> ::ducks behind the LRG as the return fire starts coming in::
[20:51] <@Marshall> Delgado> Shit.. Shit! ::watches the hovertanks approach nervously::
[20:54] <@Detro> ::eyes the tactical map... it's not a good situation. The escape route is being hit from the side by tanks... Bastille Alpha's artillery was likely readying for another volley... southern units would be wrapping around...
[20:55] <@Gabriel> +com+ Erinyes, get in here and kill some tanks!
[20:55] <@Roland> ::the hovertanks approach, and as they do suddenly Erinyes all of a sudden is dancing over the landscape as laser fire zips around him harmlessly -- he begins grunting as the sharp movements press him into the acceleration couch, clicking his mic in acknowledgement::
[20:56] <@Detro> ::a beat as his mind -- surprisingly calm now -- reaches its conclusion:: Hellfire. If we're going to die, damned if we aren't going to die together. +com+ Ell Tee, Detro. Out on pickup.
01[20:56] <@Savant> The one remianing Terran drone apparently doesn't muhc like its Terranovan counterpart, and the thing zips up into the air at a tremendous pace, spitting rockets down. The little rolling breadbox-with-a-gun ducks its little camera head down behind the cement walls of its hiding place and complains with a few mournful beeps.
[21:02] <@Roland> *PHWOMP PHWOMP PHWOMP* ::the modified heavy grenade launcher in Erinyes' hands belches out three of its special load, the grenades falling in amongst the hovertanks Gabriel had raked with the LRG::
01[21:03] <@Savant> The grenades slam into the gorund around the tanks, sending shrapnel up into the air , buffeting the tanks. They press their advantage.
02[21:03] * @Lykaeon (~Me@S01060018f8d6d6b2.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[21:04] <@Roland> ::as the grenades fall, he guns his engine and sweeps around in an arc, maintaining his speed before sliding down into the revetment::
01[21:04] <@Savant> Roland slides into home base just as the air starts to scream and Bastille Alpha issues its outrage at the Liberati's presence.
01[21:05] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::pops up from her hiding place and puts a shot through the neck-joint of a battle frame, and likely the neck-joint of the pilot within::
[21:06] <@Mem> ::watches the ridge line explode with shattered rock as the tanks open up::
[21:07] <@Detro> +com+ Kellerton, stay with me, I'm on the way... talk to me....
[21:08] <@Caelin> ::the truck he's on turns away from the southern group and heads for one of the revetment on the field::
01[21:11] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> +com+ ::She's clearly passing into and out of consciousness, her voice growing weaker by the moment:: [H]Detro.. Detro, where are you?
[21:13] <@Detro> +com+ [H] Stay low, Kellerton. Patch your suit if you've got holes! I'm coming...
01[21:14] <@Savant> Artillery rains down on the ridgeline again, wreaking havoc on the retreating forces. The retreat seems to be even somewhat orderly - thy're firing as they move, keeping low,a nd keeping in combat-worthy groups as best they can.
[21:15] <@Marshall> Delgado> ::winces as an HE shell knocks down the hill in front of her::
01[21:15] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> +com+[H] Detro.. dont' come here, Detro, you'll die.. Go home, go >cough, cough< Go back to Terranova... it must be so green....
01[21:16] <@Savant> Then everyones' air-warning sensors go off, something *big* is on its way.
[21:16] <@Gabriel> ::starts to swear inside his helmet::
01[21:18] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ ::excited, loudly:: Peresalona Air Service, Special Delivery!
[21:18] <@Gabriel> +com+ For Prophet's sake, Pathfinder, get OUT of here! You've got eight, repeat EIGHT keff starfighters close abeam, to your bearing 260!
[21:19] <@Gabriel> +com+ ...but as long as you're here, bomb the crap out of that tank colum before you leave. Good luck.
[21:19] <@Mem> Woooo! ::cheers loudly and glances up as the Whipsnake makes a pass:: +com+ Mow the lawn, Jeremi!
01[21:19] <@Savant> The speck of fusion-fire approaches rapidly, skimming more than dangerously close to the rocky ground. A swarm of TAAFs follow along behind it, in close pursuit
[21:19] <@Roland> ::smirks slightly at Tynes' second comment, the cylinder on his HGL rotating into place for a new round::
[21:20] <@Detro> +com+ And you'll see it for yourself, I'll take you there...
01[21:21] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Already on i - Dammit, purple, get off my five! - Bombs away, Sarah!
[21:21] <@Melissa> +com+ What took you so long Jeremi?
01[21:22] <@Savant> The sleek, spike-shaped body of a Whipsnake shrieks overhead, disgorging thunder in its wake, raking fire across the Earther column.
[21:23] <@Gabriel> ::blinks as he guesses wrong, seeing his old fighter streak overhead:: Jeremi... Nilani, watch over him with gun and whip.
01[21:23] <@Savant> The spacecraft spirals up into the sky and strikes off in another direction. Even with ust a little bit of air beneath him, JEremi Peresalona is clearly king of the skies. The TAAFs can barely keep up.
01[21:24] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:24] <@Caelin> can we at least see what damage jeremi did?
01[21:25] <@Savant> there we have it! What do you think?
[21:25] <@Gabriel> Great fun! Smile I'm having a blast.
03[21:25] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:25] <@Mem> Some scratches and bruises this time through, but no one's dead yet.
01[21:25] <@Savant> you guys tell me what you think. I'll roll that. Probably won't be as much as you want - tanks are tough - but it's a psychological thing really.
[21:25] <@Mem> Yeah, this is lots o fun.
[21:25] <@Roland> Psychological things don't work on GREL. Wink
[21:25] <@Marshall> Jeremi Peresalona is my hero. Wink
01[21:26] <@Savant> works on battlefield commanders, though.
[21:26] <@Detro> Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn
[21:26] <@Mem> Hopefully it'll chew them up to make our job easier when they reach the ridge.
[21:26] <@Gabriel> Big pile of randomly-assigned lights would seem to be the best way to handle it. With maybe one heavy if Jeremi makes a luck check.
01[21:27] <@Savant> hey! command cars are dead.
[21:27] <@Gabriel> Oh! That's great news. I was trying to figure out how we were gonna deal with those.
[21:27] <@Gabriel> Damn things are as hard to hit as greasy snakes.
[21:27] <@Mem> deus ex machina. Wink
[21:27] <@Detro> Uh, just as a heads up... Detro's going to be committing a gross violation of the battle plan next week.
[21:28] <@Mem> Don't worry, it's being noted.
[21:28] <@Mem> Detro gonna get a little court martial. Wink
[21:28] <@Detro> In probably what is going to be my most boneheaded move in an RPG ever.
[21:28] <@Gabriel> Yet another person for Gabriel to kill. The list is going to be long.
[21:28] <@Caelin> if he/we survive
[21:28] <@Marshall> Detro is doing what we call in Tactical Medicine as a "Bag and Drag" Wink
01[21:28] <@Savant> I had this planned from a long, long time ago. Jeremi had to show off his massively ludicrous flying skills. He wants to convince you to bring an actual plane when you go to Utopia Wink
[21:28] <@Mem> Detro is abandoning his post to try and rescue his lover. Sounds pretty bad. Wink
[21:28] <@Gabriel> Would love to. It's the whole landing thing that's been the problem.
[21:29] <@Marshall> Isn't it always? Wink
[21:29] <@Mem> Makes for a fun game, though.
01[21:29] <@Savant> VTOL aircraft.
[21:29] <@Marshall> Flying is EASY. Landing is complicated. =)
[21:29] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: I'd give Detro a 50/50 chance of surviving his stunt. And if he can nail those frames with an MOS 1, he might even damage 2 of them on the way.
[21:29] <@Mem> Give Detro a genre point or something, but then demote him to BT69 where they do recon on CEF child molesters.
[21:29] <@Gabriel> Sadly, pretty much every VTOL in this game except the Scorpion sucks large. Wink
01[21:29] <@Savant> Shadowfox
[21:29] <@Marshall> wee Scorpion.
[21:29] <@Gabriel> The Scorpion's fun, though. Gabriel try pulling some strings if he lives.
[21:30] <@Mem> I'd totally make a fighter pilot. Air support during these things is bad-ass.
01[21:30] <@Savant> he doesn't like VTOLs really. They're weird. They don't ride the wind Wink
01[21:30] <@Savant> anyways! who wants expees?
[21:30] <@Detro> ::Shrugs:: If a tornado hit, and you were halfway down the stairs to safety, and someone close to you was at the top and about to be sucked out into the tornado, would YOU reach for them to try to drag them in or keep going?
[21:30] <@Gabriel> Shadowfox = slow, easy to hit, and light weapons load. What's not to hate?
[21:30] <@Gabriel> And yes, XPs would be nice.
01[21:30] <@Savant> one for being here. Two for tellimg me about your excellent teamwork.
[21:30] <@Caelin> pleeeeeze
[21:30] <@Detro> XPs would be nice. Though I suppose we can't spend 'em this week either.
01[21:30] <@Savant> no spending, correct.
[21:31] <@Mem> They wouldn't be sucked out. They'd be impaled with 200 mph debris. Wink
[21:31] <@Caelin> teamwork, staying alive, killing things
01[21:31] <@Savant> how vague Wink
[21:31] <@Mem> Teamwork is good.
[21:31] <@Mem> Smile
[21:31] <@Mem> rofl
[21:31] <@Marshall> We've been employing set em up, knock em down MAPs for two weeks now.
[21:31] <@Gabriel> Again, held the line and most everyone stuck to plan. On the meta-teamwork side, the Talons are doing their job of pulling fire off the Liberati, who are in GREAT shape for this phase of the battle.
[21:31] <@Caelin> it's pretty much the same with every combat situation
01[21:31] <@Savant> i liked how Caelin, Scildfreja and Roland seemed to work against those frames to the south.
[21:32] <@Gabriel> Never in my wildest fantasies did I think this many Liberati would survive this long.
[21:32] <@Mem> I like Mem being able to go from side to side and use his rifle so far. Been a lot more to do during this series of combats than in the past.
[21:32] <@Detro> Nice job in knocking down the drone pods.
01[21:32] <@Savant> i'm sort of disappointed in how long it takes to get actions done.
[21:32] <@Caelin> also, caelin's trying to help detro rescue kellerton
01[21:32] <@Savant> when I ask for your action, you should have it about ready to go.
01[21:32] <@Savant> yes, Caelin, that's certainly worth the point.
[21:32] <@Marshall> Yeah. I like how all the Liberati Fire teams are running thier asses off and leaving Kellerton's broken body on the ground. Very heroic =P
[21:33] <@Detro> I'd be faster, but I'm manually doing my math for this, and every time I ask a clarifying question, it takes some time before I get an answer.
01[21:33] <@Savant> they're busy saving their own Wink
[21:33] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Mostly need to look to Melissa and Mem on that one.
01[21:33] <@Savant> there's lots of free time between your actions.
[21:33] <@Gabriel> I've been using the same order every round.
[21:33] <@Mem> There were things that needed to be asked before acting. This is how it always is.
[21:34] <@Detro> Sure, and things change between team activations alone.
[21:34] <@Mem> And every time I'd go to type the roll out, someone would be asking me a question.
01[21:34] <@Savant> somewhat, yes. Anyways.
01[21:35] <@Savant> two points and well done to you all. I think this is going pretty well.
[21:35] <@Detro> I had my action already typed up for this week. And then the ABM wouldn't do enough damage, but the MRP shot sucked once I figured out the mods, so I had to calculate the MAC mods, then someone wouldn't give me a CP to nail the other drone pod...
[21:35] <@Marshall> We're not dead yet. It must be going well =)
[21:35] <@Detro> ::shrugs and shuts up::
[21:35] <@Marshall> ::knocks on wood::
01[21:36] <@Savant> so, we'll leave it at that. Next week, the dramatic conclusion!
01[21:36] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
03[18:30] * Gabriel (~jester@c-71-234-219-162.hsd1.ct.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
03[18:30] * Fraser is now known as Roland
[18:30] <@Detro> ::Attn::
[18:30] <@Mem> attn
[18:30] <@Roland> ::attn::
03[18:30] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@68.148.101.135) has joined #BT05
03[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:31] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
01[18:32] <@Savant> good evening! Tonight is the climax of the Caprician arc. How long has it been now?
[18:32] <@Roland> Depends on what you define as the Caprician Arc.
01[18:33] <@Savant> since you left Terra Nova
[18:33] <@Roland> The first time or the second time? Wink
03[18:33] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:33] <@Mem> A year or so.
[18:33] <@Gabriel> More than a year.
[18:33] <@Mem> No?
01[18:33] <@Savant> the second time Wink
06[18:33] * @Savant nods
[18:33] <@Gabriel> March 2007 or so.
01[18:33] <@Savant> a very long time. And you've made it, you worthies.
[18:34] <@Roland> This is a set-up. We're all gonna die!
01[18:34] <@Savant> this is the climax - if the game's still not quite at the tipping point past tonight, i've got a mechanic to figure out how well you make it through. But if you survive to the end of the night your characters survive and will make it out and back home. In what state may have to be seen, but you'll make it.
01[18:34] <@Savant> so relax! just one more night.
01[18:35] <@Savant> after this we will be playing a small Tribe 8 game which is mostly for fun and to try something different. Then back to Heavy Gear.
01[18:35] <@Savant> more on that later on, though. For now, though, i will brief you, and then you can aks me questions. I'll be in the loo for a moment though, so feel free to think about them Wink
01[18:36] <@Savant> 2To Move a Mountain
01[18:36] <@Savant> 2 22 Lares 275LC, 0430h - Early Morning - (24S TN1945)
01[18:36] <@Savant> 2 Mt. Valhalla, Northern Wastes, Caprice.
01[18:36] <@Savant> 2 -75 degrees Celcius, 0% humidity, 18 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Blood and destruction shall be so in use/ And dreadful objects so familiar/ That mothers shall but smile when they behold/
01[18:36] <@Savant> Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;/ All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:/ And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,/
01[18:36] <@Savant> With Ate by his side come hot from hell,/ Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice/ Cry 'havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war;/ That this foul deed shall smell above the earth/ With carrion men, groaning for burial.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Shakespeare, Julius Caesar.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:36] <@Mem> ack
[18:36] <@Detro> ack
[18:36] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:36] <@Melissa> ack
[18:36] <@Roland> ack
01[18:38] <@Savant> questions?
[18:39] <@Gabriel> Nope, none. Good luck and good hunting, everyone. Don't die.
03[18:39] * dakabn (~lcox@68.148.101.135) has joined #bt05
03[18:39] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
01[18:39] <@Savant> excellent. Fitting, really. Nothing left to ask.
01[18:39] <@Savant> let's do this, then.
01[18:39] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:40] <@Savant> A veritable wall of fire erupts from the north as Jeremi Peresalona and Sarah Donahoo streak across the sky in one of the Talons' Whipsnake fighters. A swarm of TAAFs are giving chase linke angry bees. Jeremi is teasing them with loops and rolls, never pushing the craft far enough to simply lose them.
01[18:40] <@Savant> The war on the ground is coming to its critical point. The Liberati, battered but not beaten, are starting their general retreat, and are doing so in good order. Earth is beginning to envelop the column however, and there seems no end to the flow of troops pouring from Mt Valhalla.
01[18:40] <@Savant> These strategic concerns pale to the press of the moment, however. Peresalona's bombing run was far less effective than he had hoped - tanks continue to advance to the north. To the south, Battle Frames encroach through the rocks. And the guns of Bastille Alpha never seem to tire...
[18:41] <@Gabriel> +com+ Wren, tighten up, and meet me on this pillar. JJ, Shepherd, fall back northeast. We're in phase 3, people!
[18:41] <@Gabriel> ::prepares to follow his own advice::
[18:42] <@Roland> ::makes sure his camera is rolling, spending a brief moment to ensure that the visuals are tracking what is sure to make sensational footage should he manage to get it home::
[18:42] <@Mem> +com+ Got it. Let's go, Detro.
[18:42] <@Detro> +com+ Negative, I'm going after Kellerton. Caelin, can Sleca meet up with me behind her position? I might need some help.
[18:42] <@Melissa> ::scans the scanners and the com channels::
[18:43] <@Gabriel> +com+ JJ, stick to plan! Fall back northeast!
01[18:46] <@Savant> Caelin> +subcom+ On it, Takira.
[18:46] <@Mem> +com+ Don't do this.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> ::checks the TOC to check Kellerton's position and the positions of those Liberati closest to the slip::
[18:47] <@Detro> +com+ I'm sorry sir. But I'm not leaving her behind. Not after all she's done for the Talons. And for me. ::his throat tightens up:: Besides... there's still Liberati in the area, and I'm going to be helping them by giving them a fighting chance to get the hell out of here too.
[18:47] <@Gabriel> ::finds that the implanted sensor pod has a depressingly excellent view of the drama playing out in the crevasse below::
[18:48] <@Gabriel> ::growls inside his helmet when Detro comes screaming into view of that sensor pod, thinking "Would NOBODY be following orders today?"::
[18:49] <@Mem> ::hears the order to move northeast, cussing under his breath, and refreshes the electronics from the nearby pods::
[18:49] <@Detro> ::moving out, raises JJ's ABM launcher and lets off one missile at the HPC::
03[18:49] * Caelin (~scotty@s013.isp.ca) has joined #BT05
[18:49] <@Detro> ::then taps the trigger for the second::
[18:50] <@Mem> +com+ Detro, you're threatening the lives of every person involved on this mission. ::sighs and then goes hulldown as he comes down the hill behind some cover:: Fuck me. OK, weak side up here, tanks are coming around.
[18:51] <@Detro> ::that missile streaks off towards one of the frames, and slews off north behind the cover of a hill::
[18:52] <@Gabriel> ::doesn't activate comms, deciding it would be pointless:: Not to mention the Prophet-blessed artillery. That whole area is going to be smashed into the sand in about 25 seconds. ::instructs his TOC to regard JJ as "asset destroyed"::
01[18:53] <@Savant> The missles streak the smoke-filled air, slamming into the lighter CEF targets. Both survive, but both seem rattled by the blasts.
[18:55] <@Detro> +com+ And you're threatening mine by distracting me, Ell Tee. ::a beat:: You'll understand when you find her, someday. Now get a move on. I'll be right behind you guys. ::says that with conviction::
[18:56] <@Gabriel> Delgado> ::gets moving, following Tynes's orders and heading for the pillar and its cover, sliding into the ridge to hide behind it for now::
[18:56] <@Roland> ::glances south for a brief moment, figuring Detro was going to be dead one-way or another, and returns his attention to the veritable flood of incoming hovertanks::
[18:58] <@Mem> Sounds like you're already distracted with something. ::makes sure the countermeasures are up and shakes his head--stupid way to throw away everyone's lives::
[18:58] <@Detro> ::switches to Kellerton's frequency:: +com+ I can see you right now Kellerton. I'm going to drive by and pick you up with JJ's hand. I'm going to need you to stay as still as you can so I don't hurt you...
[18:58] <@Mem> +com+ I'm southeast of your position, captain. Tanks charging hard.
01[18:59] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Responds with a groan that sounds positively agonized::
[18:59] <@Mem> ::as he crouches Shepherd down behind the outcropping, he checks his legs again for signs of damage::
[19:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ You may rest assured that I see them, and the railgun's gone. Switching to anti-tank.
[19:01] <@Mem> ::verifies the cover points marked to his east and southeast, then readies his missiles for indirect fire::
[19:02] <@Roland> +com+ ::punches a few buttons and relays in his wasp's visuals into Tynes, Delgado, and Mem's computers:: Eyes up.
03[19:02] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
[19:03] <@Detro> ::eyes the battlefield... the south was surging with CEF units, leaving Detro with precious little time and cover to make the pickup. And even then, the Spiders were faster than JJ, and he doubted Tynes would stop them, and Detro certainly couldn't treat them himself while on the move.::
01[19:04] <@Savant> The southern line of Battle FRames and light vehicles sweep upwards to clear the closer valley of infantry and other nasties - the fleeing Liberati have left little in their way.
[19:04] <@Gabriel> ::having lost his own recon drone, takes over Wren's:: +com+ Wren, I'm commandeering your Wasp.
[19:05] <@Delgado> ::continues to move toward cover behind the pillar and sighs quietly to herself at Gabriel's com:: +com+ Acknowledged.
[19:05] <@Detro> ::He wasn't giving up though. Far better to die in the attempt than to spend the rest of his life wondering "If"::
[19:07] <@Gabriel> ::grimaces as he no sooner takes it over than it blows up::
[19:08] <@Delgado> ::wonders if that wasp is coming out of her or Tynes' pay in that fraction of a second::
01[19:09] <@Savant> They begin the messy process of cleaning out the valley. It seems that the GREL infantry have prepared for fighting in broken terrain such as this. A pair of teams set in with mortars while the others begin a steady press, mopping up behind the swarm of Frames. The Liberati in the area, fleeing, don't fare well.
02[19:09] * @Lykaeon (~Me@S01060018f8d6d6b2.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (Quit: <Berawler> Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world? <SingingDancingMoose> There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet. <Berawler> That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.)
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Buggin out for a >grunt< moment sir, gotta take care of some >strain< pesky yellowjackets on my tail. Back when I can.
[19:11] <@Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, Peresalona. ::makes a mental note to learn Jeremi's call-sign:: Recommend you bug out, but it seems unlikely you'll listen, so... ::leaves it hanging, setting up his own shot::
01[19:12] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Mother Hen's already >grunt< filling out the reprimand >shout!< forms
[19:13] <@Mem> +com+ I'll take care of "Mother Hen", just don't fucking die.
01[19:14] <@Savant> The Whipsnake streaks straight upwards, leaving a white hot column beneath it. Swarms of smoky columns braid around it.
[19:14] <@Melissa> ::selects two AoE rounds and lines up on two frames, squeezing the trigger::
[19:15] <@Roland> ::mutters something about that column being visible from space as he prepares to roar out of the revetment to engage the hovertanks::
01[19:17] <@Savant> The tanks' shells pound home, mini artillery blasts of their own, reducing one Frame to a statue. The other reels from the impact
[19:18] <@Melissa> ::smiles at her handiwork and pulls up to the north::
[19:23] <@Gabriel> ::starts unloading heavy rockets as he heads for the pilar::
[19:25] <@Gabriel> ::finishes off with a pair of massive anti-tank missiles from the launcher over his head::
[19:28] <@Roland> ::growls to himself as most of the fire from Tynes splashes harmlessly around the hovertanks or barely scratches them -- this wasn't going to cut it; they would have to take out at least three of the incoming tanks to stand a chance of surviving the rolling thunder approaching::
[19:33] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::again, opens with the AGMs when two more IR markers appear on his battle computer::
[19:33] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::then activates his Nitros, seeking through his Gargoyle for nearby targets and spots a few::
01[19:33] <@Savant> Pop! Pop! Birkin never misses!
[19:34] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::fires the last round from the long rifle, then dumps it::
[19:35] <@Gabriel> +com+ Keep clearing the south flank, Cerberus, and get up here! We're gonna need your help!
01[19:36] <@Savant> The Whipsnake shrieks laterally, painting the sky with a streak of light that dips down dangerously close to the ground. The TAAFs follow into the jagged, rockey ground, some of them even literally. Fireballs erupt in the distance.
[19:37] <@Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ Workin' on it, sir, but it's a target-rich environment down here. ::starts unloading heavy rockets on anything he can see between columns and pillars::
01[19:38] <@Savant> Target-rich indeed. Birkin's rockets can't seem to go wrong.
[19:40] <@Roland> ::watches another series of frames blink off the screen to the south, buying his back another couple of seconds:: +com+ How many fucking assholes do they have to lose before they maybe reconsider their shit plan?
01[19:40] <@Savant> The radio begins ot go a little swirly, but you can still hear one another.
[19:44] <@Roland> +com+ More HPCs coming down off the mountain! ::as the wall of hovertanks close in::
[19:46] <@Gabriel> ::watches the tanks approach:: +com+ We've got slightly... larger... problems than personnel carriers just now... ::ducks behind the pillar as electric blasts start coming in::
01[19:47] <@Savant> The hovertanks close for the kill - one of them sweeping north, the rest south around a small, craggy mesa.
01[19:48] <@Savant> Deacon finds himself at the northern edge of an envelopment. The slipping tank fires at him with a blast of lightning, and a half moment later he hears Deacon complain loudly about a target lock.
[19:48] <@Detro> ::Detro catches it on HIS passive array though... the kills off to the south took off the pressure, but have made his next move much more riskier::
01[19:48] <@Savant> Then come the missiles.
[19:50] <@Gabriel> +com+ A little help here! ::tries to duck further behind the pillar::
[19:51] <@Mem> ::twitches and reaches for his sensor spoofing protocols at the first sign of a target lock::
01[19:55] <@Savant> Gabriel has little time to say more - he barely finishes the sentence before the revetment he's in is stormed by a pair of missiles that could humble a Visigoth battle tank. His radio goes dead.
[19:55] <@Roland> Motherfffuuuuuuuuucker.
01[19:56] <@Savant> The tanks barely seem to notice, continuing their rolling press of destruction southwards.
[19:57] <@Mem> ::jaw drops before his spoofing can transmit:: +com+ Captain, come in. ::checks passive sensors::
[19:59] <@Delgado> ::sits there, Wren showing one of the com links going dead and she curses up a string that only a Badlander would know before gaining control:: +com+ Tynes, call back.
[19:59] <@Mem> +com+ Talons, next phase. Start falling back with the final truck, we're going.
[20:00] <@Roland> +com+ Yeah, sure, one sec. Let me grab a ride with one of the hovertanks that are faster than I am. ::flattens himself in the revetment as fire sprays around him as if the ground were exploding::
[20:03] <@Melissa> ::takes a deep breath and looks around for her escape route::
01[20:03] <@Savant> Roland fares better than his Captain, avoiding the bulk of the Tanks' fire by jinking from cover to cover
[20:03] <@Mem> +com+ Wren, back up with me. Boomer, join up.
[20:04] <@Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ Acknowledged, Shepherd. Coming as fast as I can.
[20:06] <@Mem> ::looks back at where Tynes had been, then looks up at his comm signal:: +com+ Gennady, we're getting ready to make a run for it.
[20:06] <@Delgado> ::hesitates for a moment, the medical side of her brain thinking there -might- be a chance, however slim, but it's overridden by her combat training. The conflict is heard in her voice as she replies:: +com+ ... Acknowledged.
01[20:07] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> +com+ God bless, Talons.
[20:07] <@Mem> +com+ Spider One, get ready for a pickup. Head northwest and standby. ::checks his sensors::
[20:07] <@Roland> ::grows:: Fuck the fucking piece of mother fuckers... ::roars out of the revetment even as the fireball around Tynes' gear, picking out the command car in the distance and lobbing a grenade out as far as he can manage, trying to pick off the son of a bitch leading this damned wave::
[20:08] <@Mem> +com+ Delgado, can you see the captain from your position?
[20:08] <@Gabriel> Macedon> ::follows the orders given before battle, and has already started rolling toward the downed Gear:: +com+ Acknoweldged.
[20:08] <@Detro> ::checks his tacmap, noting the first radio link going down. His hand is forced - there's no way there'll be a northeast retreat for him. The south is beaten but progressing on his position steadily. On the Liberati frequencies:: +com+ I need a Reubini to make pick up on Kellerton. You're going to have a few seconds of covering fire from me, then pull out ASAP to the east. ::A beat, as the full realization that he's signing his own death
01[20:08] <@Savant> The Combad Car apparently didn't see this sort of an attack coming. IT flies screaming into the grenade, which splashes across its armoured windshield and makes a wreck of the front end of the vehicle, which quickly goes caroming
01[20:09] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> +com+ We'll get her, Raven. Just hold them off a few seconds!
[20:10] <@Roland> ::beginning his turn, he grimaces as he holds the grenade launcher on hovertank that had painted Tynes, straining through the building g-forces::
01[20:11] <@Savant> Delgado takes quick stock of Deacon's remains. The hips were blown out, ruining the vehicles entirely. The torso and arms have toppled sideways, the abdominal armour shredded.
[20:12] <@Detro> ::off-comm, running down his stores:: Just a few seconds... right...
[20:13] <@Mem> +com+ Roland, blow them up already. Everyone else, this is our escape. Use everything you've got.
[20:14] <@Roland> ::as the second grenade is exploding across the armor of the northern most hovertank of the first wave, he manages to pop off a third round at the next most-northern tank::
[20:14] <@Delgado> ::suddenly changes direction, facing Deacon again instead of a retreat route:: +com+ Wren going for recovery.
[20:14] <@Mem> +com+ Negative, Wren, Spiders inbound.
[20:16] <@Roland> ::finishes his turn and races back into the revetment, rotating in preparation for his next exit and keeping the hovertanks off his back:: +com+ Whomever was leading this little charge is eating slag, lieutenant. One tank down, that other northern one can't see fuck. If you're going to move, move it now.
01[20:16] <@Savant> Roland fires off a few sharp shots, and the massive missiles find their marks. The assault is blunted, at least for the moment.
[20:16] <@Mem> ::rolls his eyes at the idea that his captain gets taken out both times on Caprice, but this time he was older, and Caprice was not a stranger::
[20:17] <@Delgado> ::curses again:: +com+ I saw him go down. His pit could still be intact! Damnit, let me try!
03[20:18] * Roland sets mode: +o Caelin
[20:18] <@Caelin> ::gives detro a hand by targeting a nearby frame and letting another rocket out at it::
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Pops out from behind a ridge, almost entlrey invisible, and catches a Frame by surprise with a hypervelocity shell in the side of the crew compartment. The vehicle stops moving.::
01[20:22] <@Savant> CAelin's shot isn't quite as sneaky, but he's a little too exposed to be as tricky as his Utopian companion. The Frame, reeling from previous attacks, doesn't notice the rocket slaming into him. OR anything afterwards
[20:23] <@Detro> +com+ Bull's eye Caelin, bull's eye!
[20:24] <@Mem> +com+ I need everyone to fall back now. Last truck is over the ridge.
[20:24] <@Caelin> +com+go get your girl, talon!
[20:30] <@Detro> ::is about to reply when he gets fairly bounced around in his gear, a round striking far too close to home. His targeting crosshairs get a bit sluggish...:: No, not now...
01[20:33] <@Savant> The remianing Liberati rise up from their hiding places, slamming infantry wire-guided rockets into the flank of the tanks, and it seems more than a little effective.
[20:34] <@Mem> +com+ Wren, Boomer, form up with me. Corey, if you can pick the captain up, do it, but punch east and don't look back.
[20:34] <@Gabriel> Spider One> ::clicks his mic in acknowledgement::
01[20:43] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::peels his Reubeni out from its temporary cover, skidding down the rocks throught he artillery blasts towards Kellerton::
[20:43] <@Detro> ::seeing the liberati make their move, he makes his::
[20:46] <@Mem> ::stays on the backside of the ridge and starts walking southeast, unable to will the engines harder::
[20:46] <@Delgado> ::decides to let the Spider take Tynes and retreats in a hail of fire::
[20:47] <@Mem> +com+ Cover fire to the north if you can spare it.
01[20:51] <@Savant> Detro unloads a tremendous volley of rockets across the span of the valley, lighting himself up as the biggest threat on that area of the map. The frames respond appropriately.
[20:52] <@Mem> ::links up with Roland's sensors before he moves south and fires a missile at the nearest tank::
[20:53] <@Detro> +com+ ::whispers, just enough for it to get picked up for broadcast:: "Boldly they rode, and well, Into the jaws of Death... into the mouth of Hell..."
01[20:55] <@Savant> Mem's Five-Million-Mark-Missile streaks across the sky. A chase camera would see the thing swereve left and right, steered by guidance fins and expensive electronics into the heart of a hovertank, which does not survive the encounter.
[20:57] <@Roland> ::Erinyes' cameras, capturing everything and transmitting it back to the storage units in the other gears and the Spiders, captures the shot as it arcs back from one side of the ridge and right into the turret of the hovertank, catching it at where it meets the hull::
[21:06] <@Roland> ::following that, it auto-rotates to look south, tracking mostly on sensor data from an algorithm Mem wrote to identify and monitor the more 'spectacular' movements and firings in the tactical computer -- it's shaky at that distance, but it picks up some of what is happening in Detro's little private war::
[21:06] <@Detro> ::takes hit after punishing hit, but his eyes are glued to the boom arm's feed of the Liberati moving in on Kellerton'd position, and that he's dragged over half the southern force to his position and their fire... it's bought the Talons and Liberati the time they need to escape::
[21:11] <@Melissa> ::watches Detro get pelted and winces::
[21:12] <@Detro> ::closes his eyes at last... and then... opens them again... blinks..::
[21:12] <@Detro> I'm alive?
[21:12] <@Detro> ::Starts looking at the status monitors, then groans:: No. I'm still dead.
01[21:12] <@Savant> Detro is the centre of the storm, as all of the frames to the south of the battle focus on him, nearly to the exclusion of everything else. The GREL mortar teams begin to logb shots into the retreating Liberati, but it's Detro that takes the brunt of it.
[21:13] <@Gabriel> Macedon> ::moves his Spider in toward Gabriel, ordering his Gunner to go insane with the LAAC overhead::
[21:14] <@Detro> ::the other Talons hear Detro's comm crackle to life, his signal still there:: +com+ Detro here. I'm still mobile, but I'm shot to hell here. Caelin, can Sleca make a pickup on me?
[21:16] <@Gabriel> Macedon> ::pulls to a screaming halt near Deacon after doing donughts in front of the column::
[21:17] <@Gabriel> Spider Two> ::following orders, heads in to possibly rescue Detro::
[21:17] <@Mem> ::seethes, off-comm:: Detro, you son of a bitch.
[21:17] <@Mem> +com+ Spider Two, check it out, but if it's bad, do not attempt.
[21:18] <@Gabriel> Spider Two> +com+ Acknowledged.
[21:18] <@Caelin> ::is truely amazed that the talon detro survived that onslaught, he links up with sleca who's still in the area::+com+Sleca, follow the ridge south east and pick up the talon detro ::thinks a moment::once pickup has been made, plant charges around his vehicle
[21:18] <@Detro> ::takes in the tac map... it's not good. There's no doubt about being swarmed. +com+ Don't think I did anything to these guys except scratch some paint. Be advised they're splitting up, with frames moving to support the infantry. I'm going to set the SDG on timer to blow, then evac.
[21:18] <@Detro> +com+ Gennedy, I've done what I can here. You're going to have to pull out ASAP.
01[21:19] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> +subcom+ Acknowledged, Lead Armiger. Moving to intercept at best speed.
[21:19] <@Gabriel> Macedon> ::grimaces at what remains of the command Gear::
01[21:20] <@Savant> Everyones' Air-Warning sensors begin to beep noisily once more. Given the shape on the sensor profile, Jeremi's come back for another try of things.
[21:21] <@Delgado> ::watches the attack unfold on Detro and how he still manages to stay standing. As she watches, Wren decides to open coms briefly, once again annoying Delgado at it's preference to 'chat':: +com+ ..dDAMN he's a lucky son of a bi--- ::Wren cuts coms suddenly for incoming warnings::
[21:21] <@Roland> Time to get the fuck out of here... ::pops up out of the revetment and begins lobbing out frame grenades before burning south:: So long, fuckers! >PHUMP PHUMP<
01[21:24] <@Savant> Roland lobs his shots with precision, catching the lighter tank by surprise. It caroms into the blast. The larger hovertank isn't as concerned.
[21:26] <@Roland> ::says 'fuck you' to the larger hovertank's lack of concern and proceeds to split it open like an egg by firing a frame grenade down the barrel of the particle cannon and into the turret::
[21:26] <@Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ Cerberus requesting targeting data on the northern bogies.
01[21:26] <@Savant> Roland, while not very convincing diplomatically, certainly has his own means of persuasion with which the tank cannot argue.
[21:29] <@Detro> ::is about to set the timer on the SDG, but thinks better. He grins and grabs a remote detonator, popping the cockpit and locking JJ's actuators, then powers down::
[21:30] <@Roland> ::haphazardly tosses what is likely his last shot as he burns south, pushing his engine to the max and hits the 'road' running along the top of the ridge and onto the pre-set up slabs leading to one of the rear revetments, coming up alongside Mem::+com+ Wonderful day for a barbeque, ya Cueball?
[21:31] <@Detro> C'mon JJ. Not out of this yet. "They that had fought so well, Came back thro' the jaws of Death, Back from the mouth of Hell, all that was left of them..." ::raises the seat and pulls up on the ejection lever of the NNet, releasing the module, which he takes and secures to him as best he can, then unslings the assault rifle from its mounting bracket and dismounts::
[21:32] <@Mem> +com+ Now's our chance. Grab the captain and we're going. Slam east, don't look back.
[21:33] <@Caelin> +com+[AS]Freja, looks like we're done here, see if you can hitch a ride on a truck
01[21:33] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] Already on the way, love.
02[21:34] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[21:34] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ Sleca, complete objectives and depart.
[21:35] <@Mem> +com+ Cover the Liberati trucks as we go if you can, but this is it. ::revs his engine and looks east, down the hill::
[21:35] <@Gabriel> ::screams as he removes a shard of metal from his leg, then looks around the remains of the cockpit and decides the NNet will be more useful to him than the rifle, and frees it from under the seat, then himself from the remains of Deacon+cop, dragging himself out of the remains of Deacon on his hands and knees::
[21:35] <@Gabriel> ::looks around and sees a Spider pretty much right where he ordered one, and bodily hauls himself into the back ramp as it opens::
[21:36] <@Gabriel> Macedon> +com+ I've got the Captain. He's alive, but hurt pretty bad.
03[21:36] * Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
01[21:36] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +Spidercom+ Get him in, get him in! Captain, hang on tight!
[21:37] <@Gabriel> <<delete my last>>
[21:37] <@Melissa> ::sees the two close frames to Detro and lets fire two more rounds before shifting position again::
[21:37] <@Mem> +com+ Copy. Form on me, but do not stop.
03[21:37] * Savant sets mode: +o Delgado
[21:39] <@Gabriel> +com+ Deacon computer, activate weapon slot 7 in 30 seconds.
01[21:39] <@Savant> 5Deacon> *beep*
[21:39] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::drives as fast as Cerberus will do along the fascine, firing rockets north as he does so::
[21:40] <@Mem> ::lets out a little sigh of relief as the captain is apparently alive and in the spider, he checks to see what the spider needs to get out safe::
[21:42] <@Detro> ::reaching an exit from the revetment, he clambers out onto the rough rocks of Caprice, moving foward as fast as he can manage in the terrain. He pauses only once, to watch as he thumbs the switch on the SDG's remote detonator::
[21:43] <@Mem> +com+ Boomer, blow up that valley. Cover the Spider.
[21:44] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::continues firing rockets north as fast as the launcher will deploy them::
[21:45] <@Gabriel> ::continues dragging himself into the back of the Spider, palming the hatch shut, trying to drag himself toward a first aid kit::
01[21:48] <@Savant> The Talons begin a general retreat along with the Liberati. Bastille Alpha continues to disgorge tanks and battle frames which stream out into the valley and past Suicide Bluff.
[21:49] <@Delgado> ::tightens her grip on her controls as she hears the Spider call out. She -knew- Tynes was still there. She -knew- it!::
[21:49] <@Roland> +com+ For fuck's sake you bastards, you've lost. Get over yourselves and go cry into your rations. Motherfucking metasacks.
[21:49] <@Detro> ::drags himself north until he spots Sleca - just barely before it's on him:: Amusingly, having been present for the children's escape, he has some idea of how this is going to work...::
[21:49] <@Mem> +com+ Erinyes, Cerberus, Bonaparte, Spider Two, bring up the rear.
[21:50] <@Melissa> ::moves into a rear guard action, turret scanning for targets::
[21:50] <@Mem> ::accelerates down the hill and onto clearer ground, finally feeling the true speeds that Shepherd owned::
[21:50] <@Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ Gotcha, ell-tee.
[21:50] <@Roland> +com+ My pleasure. C'mon you sons of bitches! Keep it coming! ::rotates another couple of rounds into the grenade launcher::
[21:50] <@Detro> ::switches to his helmet comm:: +com+ I've reached Sleca. I hope this springer knows where to go.
01[21:50] <@Savant> The wastelands are a charnel house of smoke and blood, but groups of prisoners are scattering to the wilds with prepared survival packs, and the rock trucks have made their escape with the fighters behind them. Things look grim, however, as a full hovertank company swoops around to swallow you whole from the north.
[21:50] <@Gabriel> Birkin> ::starts to grab his MAAC from where he stashed it in the rear revetment... then pauses and grabs the Captain's VHAC instead::
[21:51] <@Melissa> ::releases the Octopus and has it grab a hold of the grips on the turret, adding the two heavy lasers to her arsenal::
[21:52] <@Delgado> ::follows the Spider that has Tynes and sticks to it like glue, covering it like white on rice::
[21:52] <@Detro> ::spares one last look back at JJ's funeral pyre before the drone whisks him away... he can't help but think that its past pilot would be proud of what it had accomplished::
[21:52] <@Mem> ::starts drawing everything up, including drones:: +com+ Wren and I will go ahead with Spider one and the trucks.
[21:52] <@Roland> ::guns his engine, slips into neutral, and twirls backwards on his wheels while continuing in his original direction -- at this speed he was unlikely to hit anything, but he popped off a pair of grenades into the ranks of the approaching frames before finishing his spin and shifting back into gear again::
[21:53] <@Detro> ::And that's all the time he has to spare to think before he's hanging on for dear life::
01[21:54] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Grabs Detro Bodily and hurries along with him carried like a courier. *beep* Foot Solder, I am instructed to take you to safety.
[21:55] <@Detro> +com+ Darn. And I was about to ask if you were "Going my way". ::grins, feeling somewhat silly -- and then he remembers Kellerton. He closes his eyes to steady himself. +com+ Anyone got word on Kellerton's status yet?
[21:58] <@Mem> ::glances up to make sure there was no monkey business on the flanks or ahead::
[21:59] <@Detro> +com+ Actually, no. Scratch that. Someone tell this metal vulture to take me to whatever Kellerton's being transported in. If she's hurt, maybe I can help her while on route to the Spider.
[21:59] <@Detro> ::The thought of having to see his love battered and bloody doesn't make him happy... but unless Gennady's got medics with her, he might be all she has for medical help nearby.
[21:59] <@Mem> +com+ Detro, get the fuck off of this channel. Rearguard, stay together and don't stray. We're almost out.
01[22:00] <@Savant> The Talons hit the rocks and the harsher ground due east of the battlefield, but the Frames and Tanks follow, skimming just above and through the rougher terrain. They can't land as many shots, but the Frames and their mortars prove their worth.
[22:02] <@Detro> ::mutters at Mem's message. Did the LT also forget that Detro was out here with a limited supply of oxygen too?::
[22:04] <@Roland> ::dances across the landscape, particle beams, mortars and missiles flying amongst him and smashing into the ground around him; peppering Erinyes with dust and debris but not much else::
01[22:05] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ HEADS DOWN HEADS DOWN HEADS DOWN
[22:05] <@Detro> ::Detro cranes his neck to look up at the skies::
03[22:05] * Dimitri (~Me@S01060014bff40011.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[22:05] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Dimitri
[22:07] <@Melissa> ::jostles around in the tank as the weapons fire comes pouring in, a sudden impact causing her to smack her head on the hatch cover, dazing her for a moment::
01[22:13] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::lands out of nowhere in front of Sleca and Detro, scooping him up in her arms and jetting off into the night once more - all without a word::
[22:13] <@Mem> ::deftly dodges any significant incoming fire, which wasn't hard at this speed, and continues alongside the rock trucks::
[22:13] <@Detro> ::manages an awkward sort of cry until he realizes what's going on::
01[22:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::comes to a landing after a few hops on the roof of a rolling Reubeni. It's a bit of a hard landing, but no one's hurt. The vehicle pauses, slowing down enough for the door to open and for Detro to be hauled inside::
[22:15] <@Detro> ::wastes no time:: Where is she?
01[22:16] <@Savant> Detro's plea is drowned out by a deafening roar and a flood of white light from the window of the Reubeni - a view that's mirrored in half the windows and viewscreens around
[22:17] <@Detro> ::raises his dataglove to cover his eyes, wincing::
01[22:17] <@Savant> A Whipsnake goes streaking through a broader area of the canyons, swinging left and right as if it were a broad-winged glider, albeit at breakneck speeds.
[22:17] <@Gabriel> ::drags himself to the closest medkit and does what he can to stop his own bleeding::
01[22:18] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::over his shoulder:: Captain, you still with us?
[22:18] <@Detro> ::blinks away the brightness after it fades, and looks around for Kellerton::
01[22:19] <@Savant> Detro finds KEllerton unconscious on the back bench of the utility vehicle, bloody and wounded form the waist down. An injured man is applying spray-on bandage.
[22:19] <@Gabriel> ::after a few minutes, decides he's gotten most of the bleeding stopped to the point where Delgado can take over when she catches up, and leans back painfully:: Still here. Let the doc know I stopped the bleeding, but I'll need some patching.
[22:20] <@Detro> R> ::he's a bit more quiet now:: [H] How is she?
01[22:20] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Blackbirds, we have Deacon, he's conscious. You'll need to look at him, Doc.
01[22:21] <@Savant> The whipsnake is reduced to firing its lighter weapons, but at such speeds, the Earthers aren't able to do much about it at all. Even the TAAFs aren't capable of keeping up with Jeremi's maddening acrobatics.
[22:21] <@Mem> +com+ Pathfinder, Pathfinder. We're proceeding to Beta, copy.
01[22:22] <@Savant> 3Arkadmont Darrik> ::grimly:: I don't know, I'm not a doctor. She's alive.
[22:22] <@Mem> ::as they start to outrange the mortars finally, he reports back to the sky and hopes the message can be passed along to the next stage of the mission::
[22:22] <@Delgado> ::continues to retreat, covering the Spider with Tynes:: +com+ Tell me something I don't know. Keep him conscious as long as possible. -Make- him tend himself.
01[22:22] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ ::calmly:: Copy, Shpeherd.
[22:22] <@Detro> R> ::frowns:: You've got a medical kit? ::he looks at her, worried, and starts to check her condition::
[22:23] <@Mem> ::checks on the status of the rearguard and starts to smirk... did they really just pull that off with everything that just happened?::
[22:23] <@Mem> +com+ Talons, report in.
01[22:24] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Got it Doc. ::off-radio:: You hear that, Sir? The doctor's giving you an order here.
[22:24] <@Melissa> +com+ Bonaparte here
[22:24] <@Detro> +com+ ::sounds quite distracted:: Detro, check.
[22:24] <@Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ Cerberus, clean off the showroom floor. ::sounds rather smug about this::
[22:25] <@Delgado> +com+ Wren, check.
01[22:25] <@Savant> All said, the Liberati and Talons have begun to widen the gap - Jeremi's fearful dive on their position gave them pause, and the significant firepower you still posess are combining to give you time to slip away into the rocks.
[22:26] <@Mem> +com+ Gennady, Gage, checking in.
01[22:26] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Peresalona-ha-ha-ha! Did you see that one?!
01[22:26] <@Savant> A TAAF bites the edge of a mesa and explodes dramatically in the distance
[22:27] <@Detro> R> ::continues checking Kellerton for injuries, wishhing they were in the medical Spider::
01[22:27] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> +com+ We hear you, Talons.
[22:27] <@Gabriel> ::sits up from the back as best he can, leaning on his elbows:: Yeah, Sous-Sergent, got it. Nice driving. Remind me to put you in for promotion.
[22:28] <@Caelin> +subcom+[AS]was the pickup a success, freja?
[22:28] <@Gabriel> Jeremi too, if I don't court-martial him first.
[22:28] <@Detro> R> Cheong Bao Ho Tze...
01[22:28] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::turns hard:: Consul, maybe?
[22:28] <@Mem> ::smiles, a warm feeling coming over him:: +com+ Good to hear you. All of you. Let's go home.
[22:28] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: I'll see what I can do.
[22:29] <@Roland> +com+ What's the matter, you sons of bitches? Had enough? No? Eat it, fuckers! ::continues lobbing frame grenades at the receding line of targets behind them::
01[22:29] <@Savant> Kellertin is on poor shape. HEr breathing is terribly light, and it's obvious from her shredded pressure suit and bloody body that she's been horribly maimed by the artillery blast
[22:29] <@Detro> +com+ Request permission to transfer Kellerton to the medical spider... I... I'm not sure what's wrong, and she's taken a lot of shrapnel...
[22:30] <@Gabriel> ::pulls himself painfully into one of the seats and straps himself in, pulling over a pair of headphones:: +com+ Mem, report. What's left?
01[22:30] <@Savant> The Talons have made it several kilometers in what seems like an endless fighting retreat. Streaks of spacecraft can be seen in the sky; Tarantula carriers
[22:30] <@Detro> ::he takes her hand and holds it:: [H] Everything's going to be alright Kellerton. We're going to get you to the medical spider, and Delgado will look you over and patch you right up...
01[22:30] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::glances over at the Captain as he sits down::
[22:31] <@Mem> +com+ Welcome back, captain. Deacon and JJ are lost, but crew survived. ::goes over the other lists of missing/lost units::
01[22:31] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +subcom+ [AS] Good. I'm going to tell the Sleca to hole up and wait for pickup in power-down.
01[22:31] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::murmurs, feverish and weak::
[22:32] <@Gabriel> +com+ Roger that. Talons, expend it all. We're not being paid to bring ammo home, and it'll cut the weight. Detro, permission to transfer Kellerton granted, as soon as we can find someplace to hide.
[22:32] <@Gabriel> +com+ Gennady, what's the story on that?
[22:32] <@Caelin> +subcom+[AS]alright we should be far enough now
[22:32] <@Roland> >THWUMP THWUMP THWUMP<
01[22:33] <@Savant> The carriers land, dropping another full company of Earth forces on the flanks of the spreading Liberati. Panic begins to swell over the radio.
[22:33] <@Mem> ::lets the captain resume his captaining, and accelerates forward to lead the convoy to the next set of coordinates::
01[22:33] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> +com+ Good, we've done good. It's good to hear you, Captain. ::pause:: This is *not* good, though.
[22:34] <@Melissa> ::sees the new forces:: Aww, crappy
01[22:34] <@Savant> The Earthers begin to compress in on the sides of the stretched-out Liberati column with deadly efficiency.
[22:34] <@Detro> ::worries... he's not even sure if Kellerton will last that long... he doesn't let go of her hand though, and helps to stem the bleeding he can with his other::
[22:34] <@Gabriel> ::mutters to himself:: What I wouldn't give for a MacAllen tunnel. +com+ Yeah, I see it. Any tunnels around here?
[22:35] <@Gabriel> +com+ Old mine, something like that? We've got enough explosives to close off an entrance for a while.
[22:35] <@Delgado> ::her HUD starts lighting up with all these new bright spots of impending death and blinks slowly:: Uh...
01[22:35] <@Savant> However, a definat cry raises up from inside the Liberati forces, more voices than there ought
01[22:35] <@Savant> 2Fatah ibn Kariya Mohammed, "Junkman"> +com+ Now! Strike them down, if God wills it!
[22:36] <@Melissa> ::looks at her ammo counter and frowns::
01[22:37] <@Savant> Battle frames, easily fifty of them, can be seen through the rocks, coming towards the Liberati and guarding their flanks. Each one is armed with homemade rockets and rifles that are nonetheless ruthlessly efficient.
[22:37] <@Mem> +com+ Inbound frames, identify yourself.
[22:37] <@Gabriel> +com+ I don't think the keffs use mining explosives, Lieutenant... Talons, push it! Open some distance!
[22:39] <@Mem> ::accelerates through the rocks and passes a few of the frames, looking them over::
01[22:39] <@Savant> The leader of the Battle Mounts charges towards one of the taller Earth frames and wraps an electrified whip around its leg, tipping the thing over; it doesn't hesistate in leaping atop its smoking foe and unleashing a deadly barage of napalm rockets intot he line behind.
[22:39] <@Mem> Oh, no way.
01[22:39] <@Savant> 2Fatah ibn Kariya Mohammed, "Junkman"> +com+ Go, my friends! Go, while God gives you the path to safety!
[22:40] <@Roland> ::twitches a little to the outside flank of the column, only the ammo counter on the grenade launcher is more or less keeping him from swinging out far enough to give a couple of rounds of aid to the battle mounts:: +com+ God wills it, ay?
[22:40] <@Delgado> ::her mouth gapes open as she watches the carnage unfold:: Wh+com+at the hell is th--+at?
[22:40] <@Mem> +com+ Junkman! I'll buy you a drink. You'd better come for it!
01[22:40] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> +com+ Kariyah! God go with you! We'll see you at the camp! ::hits the gas::
[22:41] <@Detro> ::he's barely listening to the battle, stroking the top of her head, almost willing her to wake up and be okay::
[22:41] <@Mem> ::takes laser shots at any visible CEF forces as he passes along the leading flanks of the convoy, screaming with glee off-comm::
01[22:41] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Buggin out! Buggin out! Sorry sir, you guys are on your own!
[22:42] <@Delgado> ::reminds herself to get a technician to look at Wren's NNet and put on some electrical duct tape over Wren's com system::
[22:42] <@Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, Jeremi. Stay alive. Ditch if you have to and we'll pick you up.
[22:42] <@Melissa> ::shakes her head and continues to bug out of the situation:: Crazy ass Northerners
[22:43] <@Roland> +com+ Alright, are we done? Can we get the fuck off this rock now? I sick of this barren piece of shit; I need a garden again.
[22:43] <@Detro> Just hang in there... not much longer now...
01[22:43] <@Savant> Thunder rolls overhead as the Whipsnake rockets into the distance; the Battle Mounts have caught the Earth advance completely off balance. The column is free to advance quickly to safety, just as Junkman promised.
[22:43] <@Gabriel> +com+ Gennady, the party's on you. We're on your six. I expect the best booze that the Liberati have to offer, whatever that may be.
01[22:44] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
03[22:44] * Savant sets mode: -m
03[22:44] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in session next Thursday'
[22:44] <@Caelin> ::raises an eyebrow at roland's comment::
01[22:44] <@Savant> that shoulda been a pause, but whatever Wink
[22:44] <@Mem> Three cheers.
01[22:44] <@Savant> whee
[22:44] <@Delgado> I'M ALIIIIIIIVE!
[22:44] <@Mem> Bravo
03[22:44] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[22:44] <@Roland> So how many TV did Earth have?
[22:44] <@Detro> Wooo!
01[22:44] <@Savant> well! what did you think?
[22:44] <@Roland> 'cause fuuuuuuuuuuuck
[22:44] <@Mem> Best game ever?
01[22:44] <@Savant> i'll tot that up after. Cause, yeah, a lot Wink
[22:44] <@Gabriel> Simultaneous yay and boo. I knew Deacon was gonna die. I foreshadowed it in one of my logs, in fact.
[22:44] <@Gabriel> But yeah, great, great fun. Smile
[22:45] <@Detro> It occured to me that 13 attacker MAP would never have happened in Blitz.
[22:45] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: In Blitz, -3 is the limit.
[22:45] <@Gabriel> One of the many, many reasons it sucks.
06[22:45] * @Savant nods. Technically in 3rd edition tactical you can only have a -3 MAP and that's it, but I scrubbed that.
[22:45] <@Roland> ...yeah.
[22:45] <@Roland> That would make some of us invincible. Wink
[22:45] <@Caelin> lol
[22:45] <@Gabriel> Yeah, starting with every hovertank.
[22:45] <@LrdVampyre> you weren't touched
[22:45] <@Detro> ::chuckle::
[22:45] <@Mem> -3 is silly, but I think there should be a cap. Just not -3, and not -12.
[22:45] <@Gabriel> The change would not be in our favor. Wink
[22:46] <@Mem> -6 maybe.
01[22:46] <@Savant> Smile
[22:46] <@LrdVampyre> a -6 for some of you is still nothing
[22:46] <@Gabriel> And no, everyone took a light except Cerberus.
[22:46] <@Detro> Uh, Erinyes is NOT pristine.
[22:46] <@Gabriel> Even Erinyes this time.
[22:46] <@Detro> ::nods::
[22:46] <@Roland> Stupid AOE... Wink
[22:46] <@Caelin> hell -8 would probably give everyone without TCP trouble
[22:46] <@Delgado> ... I took damage?
[22:46] <@Delgado> When the hell was this?
[22:46] <@Gabriel> Last week.
01[22:46] <@Savant> Next week will be our wrap-up party. Then it's off home. I'm going to be putting up another Log Project for the campaign end, exploring your thoughts of everything that happened.
[22:47] <@Gabriel> Oh wait, I'm wrong. Wren is also undamaged.
[22:47] <@Mem> Hm.
[22:47] <@Mem> OK.
[22:47] <@Delgado> =D
01[22:47] <@Savant> After that, we let the Talons rest for awhile, and look into the world of Vimary.
[22:47] <@Mem> Also, if you care, my tally is -7 HRF shots and -1 AGM shot.
[22:47] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I'm assuming we expend all ammo in the escape.
01[22:47] <@Savant> it'll be a short arc, but if you guys enjoy it, we can do a story-switching thing, with Heavy Gear alternating with Tribe 8.
01[22:47] <@Savant> yeah, you're bone dry after it all.
01[22:48] <@Savant> doesn't really matter at this point, though, but academically, yeah.
[22:48] <@Gabriel> Good news is that Bonaparte finally fits in the vehicle bay.
[22:49] <@Detro> heh
[22:49] <@Gabriel> Mostly because we're down to 4 Gears...
01[22:49] <@Savant> so, think of what you need to tie up on Caprice, cause next week is your last kick at the can. The games after may involve capricians, or events happening on Caprice, or even maybe brief stops, but never anything so involved again.
[22:49] <@Detro> And our maintenance needs have been significantly reduced.
01[22:49] <@Savant> anyways, who likes expees?
[22:49] <@Dimitri> i DO
[22:49] <@Delgado> Meeee. I haven't gotten any in a whiiiile. Wink
01[22:49] <@Savant> too bad, abandoner.
[22:49] <@Roland> Expeeeees.
[22:50] <@Detro> Yes plz
[22:50] <@Mem> No expees.
[22:50] <@Gabriel> Yes please.
02[22:50] * +dakabn (~lcox@68.148.101.135) Quit (Quit: Well, excuse me for being on the planet.)
01[22:50] <@Savant> no expees? okay.
[22:50] <@Delgado> HEY
01[22:50] <@Savant> hee
[22:50] <@Delgado> I'm here and I'm que--- Wait.
[22:50] <@Delgado> I'm just here. Wink
[22:50] <@Mem> Can we hold on those until the next mission, and get maybe a lump sum? Aren't you thinking about starting us lower anyway?
01[22:50] <@Savant> this is the campaign end. Next week is the send-off Wink
[22:51] <@Roland> Can we do whatever we're doing quickly so I can go to bed? Wink
[22:51] <@Mem> Well, do what you like, then. Ultimately doesn't matter.
01[22:51] <@Savant> One is for being here. Well done, you made it. Two is for teamwork. Tell me how you operated as a team
[22:51] <@Roland> ...you're joking, right?
[22:51] <@Roland> Wink
01[22:52] <@Savant> Smile
[22:52] <@Delgado> I followed orders and didn't die?
[22:52] <@Gabriel> The plan worked. We're all still alive. Ergo propter hoc, we acted as a team. Wink Next.
01[22:52] <@Savant> heh, i'l buy that Wink
[22:52] <@Mem> Gold+Red teams worked in tandem to annihilate the ridge of tanks.
[22:52] <@Caelin> caelin covered the backs of the retreating rock truck while at the same time assisted detro in rescuing kellerton
01[22:52] <@Savant> one, plus one, plus one. Three total. Storyline. Learn anything fun today?
[22:52] <@Delgado> Junkman is pretty goddamn badass.
[22:53] <@Roland> Hey now. I was blue. I helped with the annihilation. Wink
[22:53] <@Mem> Storyline? Uhh.
01[22:53] <@Savant> BT05 when Junkman and Roland were both in it was pretty much unstoppable.
[22:53] <@Detro> A gear in a revetment with a skilled pilot and dice luck can survive 13 simultaneous attacks.
[22:53] <@Caelin> the CEF keep a larger battalion at bastille alpha
[22:53] <@Gabriel> The Liberati didn't booby-trap the revetments like they should have. On the other hand, they're finally commiting to this battle heart and soul. They've also now got a substantial army on their hands. Be interesting as hell to come back in a cycle and see what they've done with it.
[22:53] <@Roland> Junkman is still crazy as ever. Wink
[22:53] <@Mem> And that was 250 points ago.
01[22:53] <@Savant> heh heh
01[22:53] <@Savant> the Liberati are learning.
[22:53] <@Detro> Oh god, Junkman, with our XP levels now? That's a scary thought.
[22:53] <@Roland> It's good to see that they're expanding beyond trucks and Reubinis.
[22:54] <@Gabriel> A substantial army of GREL, too, which will be VERY interesting in terms of CEF GREL morale.
[22:54] <@Mem> Yeah. A major Liberati victory for a change.
[22:54] <@Mem> With a bulk of their forces responsible.
[22:54] <@Roland> They may have actually gotten out with more people than they lost this time.
[22:54] <@Roland> Maybe. Wink
[22:54] <@Mem> It should be a huge, memorable event for them.
[22:54] <@Gabriel> Nah. JM would have spent a substantial number of points on non-combat things in the last cycle. The only combat increase would have been in Leadership.
[22:54] <@Gabriel> Where he completely sucked ass before. That would eat 40-50 points right there between Leadership spends and an INF spend.
[22:54] <@Roland> That mural of the Battle of Baja that we saw in that one hideout the first time we got here? Yeah, that's getting painted over I think. Wink
[22:54] <@Detro> Yeah. Lots of good footage to pass around // True.
01[22:54] <@Savant> that's five. Seven for being in a smash up fight. Eight for it being nasty. I'll make it nine if you tell me something you liked and something you didn't like from this battle royale.
[22:55] <@Detro> I'd say "13 attackers" but that's my own damn fault ;D
[22:55] <@Delgado> I liked being here. And playing. I didn't like not being here. ... And not playing.
[22:55] <@Caelin> yeah i bet JM's become a master in the TechSci skills and tinkering:)
[22:55] <@Roland> I liked: Biggest. Battle. Ever. I didn't like: OMG 24 hovertanks. Wink
01[22:55] <@Savant> are you back now, Itz?
[22:55] <@Gabriel> Liked: the scope was great, and how it played out was also fine. Got to see the CEF offensive doctrine, and it was as scary as we've come to expect from them.
[22:55] <@Delgado> Erm... ..... yes?
[22:55] <@Delgado> Wink
01[22:55] <@Savant> i'll reply with a hesitant "good" Wink
[22:56] <@Detro> ::nods:: The scope was definitely good. It's nice to have a big battle every now and then.
[22:56] <@Gabriel> Didn't like: I think we got screwed on a number of occasions in terms of how much damage should have been done. I'm sure we lost a large block of attacks due to things like HSTs having 36 armor, stuff like that.
[22:56] <@Mem> I liked not resorting to electronics whipping boy, and actually got a few kills and shots off. I disliked the rough terrain and the inability to move around, which is the other aspect of Shepherd I like to play.
[22:56] <@LrdVampyre> i think the fact that the numbers thrown at us were needed to be a challenge is what i find a little disappointing
01[22:56] <@Savant> yeah, I apologize for the bit of scatterbrain-ness I've had with this. There's a looot going on Wink
[22:56] <@Mem> I think that happened a little on both sides, Ross, so I'm not too displeased. Errors are bound to happen.
01[22:57] <@Savant> i'd like to have Lemon track that sort of thing, but that's not easy to do.
[22:57] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I think it can be corrected by recruiting someone neutral to help with book-keeping on the enemy side.
06[22:57] * @Savant nods.
[22:57] <@Roland> I'm sure it balances out in the end.
[22:57] <@Detro> I liked the challenge. But yeah, I didn't like the whole mess that was going on.
01[22:57] <@Savant> I'll ask Michelle Wink
[22:57] <@Gabriel> Wasn't just armor, it was things like MAPs and so forth, too.
[22:57] <@Mem> And I agree with Dave. It was a pretty good fight at showing just how overpowered our gears are on a TV and pilot level, which we've discussed before.
[22:57] <@Delgado> Get your Admiral to do something other than suggesting sadi-- Yeah. Wink
[22:57] <@Detro> And I agree with Jester on that.
[22:57] <@Gabriel> We were forever shooting at things with halos and not killing them, mostly because I'll bet -- and this is not a criticism, just a fact -- their MAPs were forgotten.
01[22:58] <@Savant> early game, true. Latter game, I got the hang of it. The halo idea is great, and we'll stickw ith it.
[22:58] <@Caelin> i gotta ask though, realistically, how would someone perform a dodge while riding another dodging vehicle?
[22:58] <@Roland> Ehh...I think the halos were working for MAPs.
[22:58] <@Gabriel> So, yeah, book-keeping is gonna have to be something to look at. That's where Balance gives me a big edge.
[22:58] <@Gabriel> It does all the book-keeping for me.
01[22:58] <@Savant> duck, Caelin Wink
[22:58] <@Dimitri> Balance?
06[22:58] * @Savant nods
[22:58] <@Gabriel> The bot I use in GvE.
[22:58] <@Roland> GvE bot.
[22:58] <@Gabriel> I tracks HPs and penalties for every combatant.
01[22:58] <@Savant> I try new stuff pretty frequently - spreadsheets, physical paper, private IRC channels.
[22:58] <@Gabriel> *It
[22:59] <@Caelin> but wouldn't that mean the other vehicle would have to dodge more attacks?
[22:59] <@Mem> I think Colin did a great job. I think he made up for any mistakes he made, also, by maybe giving us a few freebies.
[22:59] <@Mem> Hard to prove, though.
[22:59] <@Mem> Wink
01[22:59] <@Savant> yeah, i was rather generous at a few points too.
[22:59] <@Roland> To the bat-logs!
01[22:59] <@Savant> intentionally hard to prove Wink
[22:59] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Didn't say Savant didn't do a fantastic job. He did. It's just something that was frustrating for me.
[22:59] <@Mem> Yeah, it's all balanced.
01[22:59] <@Savant> anyways. Final comments?
[23:00] <@Roland> Can we go somewhere green now? Wink
[23:00] <@Gabriel> Terrific arc. Smile I've enjoyed it immensely.
01[23:00] <@Savant> 9 experience. Melissa and Delgado, have 11.
[23:00] <@Mem> Great stuff as always, Colin.
01[23:00] <@Savant> Vimary's pretty green.
06[23:00] * @Delgado squeaks
[23:00] <@Mem> Tonight was a great ending feeling, too.
01[23:00] <@Savant> yeah, I think so too. Felt similar to the end of the Terranovan arc, the attack on the Terranovan Transit Station
01[23:01] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:32] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:32] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:32] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. To Move a Mountain in Session'
[18:32] <@Mem> attn
03[18:32] * Gabriel (~jester@c-71-234-219-162.hsd1.ct.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:32] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
[18:32] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:33] <@Caelin> ::attn::
[18:33] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:33] <@LrdVampyre> ::attn::
01[18:33] <@Savant> hello, and good evening! a monumentous night tonight - the last night on Caprice, the end of a story arc that's almost two years old.Big things!
[18:34] <@Caelin> wooot!
01[18:34] <@Savant> As you all know, we're going to take a little break, maybe a month or two, and play some Tribe 8. Jester won't be joining us, but I think i've got his arm twisted on playing some NPCs. So maybe he'll get to be a villain for you.
[18:35] <@Fraser> Weak.
[18:35] <@Mem> Very weak. Why not?
[18:35] <@Fraser> No offense. Wink
01[18:35] <@Savant> point your arguments to the man in the hat Wink
01[18:35] <@Savant> later, though
03[18:35] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
01[18:35] <@Savant> for now, you have a wrap-up for things on Caprice.
01[18:36] <@Savant> let me brief you.
01[18:36] <@Savant> 2Home Again Home Again
01[18:36] <@Savant> 2 28 Lares 275LC, 1030h - Late Morning - (27Sp TN1945)
01[18:36] <@Savant> 2 Ft. Maribold, Sigma Depression, Caprice
01[18:36] <@Savant> 2 -54 degrees Celcius, 2% humidity, 55 millibars atmospheric pressure.
01[18:36] <@Savant> The long road has come to an end. It has been a week since the epic battle at Mt Valhalla, and the effects still ripple. Groups of GREL and Liberati straggle into the Van Saar web daily, scattered as they were by the conflict, and while some have been caught by CEF hunter-killer teams, most have evaded their pursuers.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Your time, however, has been quiet. You have spent the last week dealing more with the training of the Jund into a cohesive military force, lending them your experience as they become more and more regimented by the day. They maintain their characteristic Liberati attitudes, however, something that you're sure couldn't be beaten out of them if you tried.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Your time on Caprice is drawing to a close - Pathfinder landed today, and the crew is busy making final preparations for departure to the Gate. You can nearly taste the fresh air of Terra Nova as the hours to launch tick closer...
01[18:36] <@Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:36] <@Detro> ack
[18:36] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:36] <@Mem> ack
[18:36] <@Mem> brb
[18:37] <@Melissa> ack
01[18:37] <@Savant> and I'm ready to take questions
01[18:38] <@Savant> quiet! I guess that means no questions.
[18:38] <@Detro> ::raises::
01[18:38] <@Savant> Though I do think Fraser needs to check his nickname.
[18:38] <@Detro> You know what I'm going to ask about.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Detro?
03[18:38] * Fraser is now known as Fras|StillEating
01[18:38] <@Savant> there you go Wink
[18:38] <@Caelin> lol'
[18:39] <@Detro> As in, Kellerton.
01[18:39] <@Savant> she came out of her coma yay
[18:39] <@Detro> Woo Smile
01[18:40] <@Savant> anythign else?
[18:40] <@Detro> So she's still laid up I imagine.
[18:40] <@Caelin> probably will be for a while
01[18:40] <@Savant> yup
01[18:41] <@Savant> well, let's be off, then. Jump in when you're ready, Fras and Itz
01[18:41] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:42] <@Detro> ::except when his duties demand, Detro's been spending almost every spare minute bedside. Even on duty, if it's something he can do sitting there on his data glove, he's there as much as Tynes lets him::
[18:42] <@Gabriel> ::enters the fort common room, a computer tucked under his arm and a cheerful look on his face::
01[18:42] <@Savant> You've been spending the past few days at a new base in the Sigma Depression, actually underground, burrowed into a softer layer of rock. It's the first complex opewrated entirely by the Jund, and it feels like a military base. As much as any Libirati living space might.
[18:43] <@Melissa> ::is currently buried in Bonaparte's engine making sure it's ready for the trip home::
01[18:44] <@Savant> The Commons of the fort is as a Liberati migth expect it - fairly broad, helf up by several pillars, with painted walls. No murals here, not yet - someone's chiseling away on one wall, though, the start of some grand design.
01[18:44] <@Savant> The place is occupied - not quite to bursting, but it's busy. Some five hundred GREL have made this place a temporary home, and much of the task force sent to Mt Valhalla is here as well.
[18:45] <@Gabriel> ::sets the computer on one of the few free tables then heads toward the bar to see what there might be available in the way of beverages::
01[18:45] <@Savant> Pathfinder is inside - yes, inside - a broad hangar bay constructed expressly for Furies to land and depart, as well as any Spacer ships that may visit the facility. Grand designs are being made for this place..
03[18:46] * Fras|StillEating is now known as Roland
[18:46] <@Caelin> ::is lounging in the common room with his laptop open, adding the battle of Mt Valhalla to his growing set of reports to his superiors back home::
[18:46] <@Detro> ::in the infirmary with Kellerton, he's typing away on one of the portable computers::
01[18:46] <@Savant> 5Bartender> ::A cheerful young man, one of the cooks:: Raven captain! We thougth you were on your ship!
01[18:47] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::she's out cold, and has been for a few hours. The vitals on the small flatscreen beside her bed are positive, though.::
[18:48] <@Roland> ::sits in front of a portable Trideo screen and computer terminal, editing footage from Erinyes' cameras taken during the battle at Bastille Alpha::
[18:48] <@Melissa> ::getting out of the engine compartment and closing the hatch, she went into the turret to begin unloading the few remaining rounds::
01[18:48] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Scildfreja is sitting with what must be some sort of Utopian harp in her lap, at the same table as Caelin, though she's as silent as ever::
[18:48] <@Detro> ::he finishes up the letter he's writing -- a recommendation to TalonWerks, suggesting future Talon teams sent to operate in the Caprician Highlands be equipped with similar off-road packages to JJ's. Sadly, he knows the cost is likely a factor at this point::
[18:48] <@Gabriel> ::grins:: I'm going to be spending four or five weeks cooped up in that ship. No, somewhere where I can stretch my legs is much preferable, thanks. ::chuckles::
01[18:49] <@Savant> 5Bartender> ::grins as well:: If only I could come with you. What'd you like?
[18:49] <@Detro> ::he files the letter, then gets up... he leans over and gives Kellerton a kiss on her cheek, avoiding the bandages and tubes:: I'll be back. I promise. ::he leaves the room, pausing to look at her briefly, before leaving::
01[18:50] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::murmurs, barely::
[18:51] <@Gabriel> Something with alcohol. For now, my peregrination is complete. Ale, beer, something like that? What's good?
03[18:51] * Mike145 (~dagent145@ip70-186-195-176.hr.hr.cox.net) has joined #bt05
[18:51] <@Detro> ::he hears something -- not distinct, but enough to know it's Kellerton... he steps back into the room, to her bedside... carefully holding her hand::
[18:51] <@Roland> ::freezes the footage after an explosion, pulling up the footage from one of the other gears at that point to get a different perspective on the fireball and expanding field of slag debris::
01[18:52] <@Savant> The Commons are full - about a quarter of the people here are GREL. Strange GREL at that. They don't have that glossy look to their eyes, or the twitchy, autonomic reactions they might normally have. They're socializing, laughing, and enjoying their freedom. Entirely unGREL-like.
01[18:53] <@Savant> 5Bartender> Peregrination? ::grins:: The Helles make a mean vodka, if you like that. Some very good fruit brandies and ales, too.
[18:54] <@Detro> ::Detro tries a smile out:: Okay, I guess I'm back now then.
01[18:54] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::It doesn't take long for Kellerton to be breathing a little more deeply and shifting about in the early phases of wakefulness.::
[18:55] <@Roland> ::splices the explosion into the running feed and switches to a third camera to move over to a different portion of the battle -- he bookmarked the position and leaned back, putting his feet up on the desk and his hands behind his head as he let the tape run to get an idea of what best to highlight in the next portion of the engagement::
[18:55] <@Mem> ::having an animated discussion with Aggie, one which Mem seems to be enjoying in some sinister fashion:: Look, -he- did the right thing. I will have his back on this one, and think you should, too.
[18:55] <@Gabriel> ::waves one hand:: A custom of my planet. When on a crusade, the people of my country -- among other things -- do not drink. ::grins:: So no vodka. I've not had anything to drink in many months. Give me an ale, please.
[18:55] <@Caelin> ::glances around a bit, a little unnerved, he leans towards scildfreja::[AS]i never thought i'd see GREL like...this
[18:55] <@Detro> ::gently moves his hand to her shoulder, to keep her from moving too much:: Shh, shh... it's okay. You're safe.
[18:55] <@Melissa> ::with the shells in storage, she shimmied up the barrel of the cannon and placed the safety plug in::
01[18:56] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::Crosses her arms:: Rules are rules. Misuse of military hardware and ordnance. The paperwork's already filled out. I did it myself. ::She's grinning as well, seeming very smug::
01[18:57] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::From out of nowhere, Sleca is standing up on its' very hind legs, grabbing onto the end of Bonaparte's barrell and looking inside, like a three-meter-tall stick insect::
01[18:58] <@Savant> 5Bartender> ::Pours out a tall glass - plastic, not very classy, but it's full of booze:: Sure thing, Raven.
[18:58] <@Detro> C'mon Kellerton. Come back to me...
[18:58] <@Melissa> ::blinks slightly at the sudden appearance of the Utopian drone:: Hi...
01[18:58] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Murmurs back to Caelin, softly and just as unsure:: I didn't know they could *be* like this.
03[18:58] * dak-cooking (~lcox@S0106001a920f741d.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
01[18:59] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::She's opening her eyes heavily after a few long minutes, the dim lights of the infirmary room still a little too bright for her:: mmphh.
[19:00] <@Roland> ::drums his fingers on the back of his head, watching the explosions, weapons fire, and smoke trails dance out across the landscape from the camera's perspective like some sort of perverse art piece::
[19:00] <@Mem> What, was the ordnance going to sit on the rack? Look, first, I'm buying him a drink. Second, you can file that paperwork however you like, but he did good.
01[19:00] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> *beep* We are currently unasigned, Autoguard Captain.
[19:00] <@Detro> ::offers a quick mental prayer of thanks to his ancestors as he flicks off the light over the bed::
[19:00] <@Gabriel> ::takes it and tries it, then nods:: Excellent. ::raises the glass:: Thank you. ::heads back for his table::
01[19:01] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> :Raises a finger in mock authority:: I won't tolerate disobedience on my watch! ::then she smirks and gets up, patting MEm on the shoulder. I'll get us some drinks. A little buzz will help the launch go easier, don't you think?
[19:01] <@Mem> Third, I'm buying you a drink, too, for your good looks and irresistable charm.
[19:02] <@Mem> Yes. On me. I think I earned more hazard pay than you did this time around.
[19:02] <@Caelin> ::frowns a moment::maybe they were being kept in the prison because the terrans thought they were defective? but what bothers me about that is, since they were created for the purpose of war, wouldn't the terrans just destroy any defects instead of keeping them locked up?
[19:02] <@Melissa> ::nods:: I see. Curious about the tank?
01[19:02] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::She laughs:: You're buying for me because you want to get *home*. Be right back.
01[19:03] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She mutters, leaning close to Caelin as she speaks:: Maybe the Terrans do have a little bit of a conscience.
[19:03] <@Roland> ::pauses the footage and then rewinds to the bookmark, flipping to a different camera and letting it run again::
[19:03] <@Gabriel> ::finds his seat and takes it:: +com+ All Talons to the common room, please.
[19:03] <@Mem> ::chuckles and watches Aggie wander off, and then thinks about whether he even wanted to go home or not. there was a lot of money to be made here, and in turn, Terranovan power::
01[19:04] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::She blinks, her eyes open, and she tries to focus on Detro, ineffectively.::
[19:04] <@Detro> ::there's a beat as he evaluates whether he should really bother asking Tynes if he can be excused to help Kellerton::
01[19:04] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::It settles bakc down to four legs, then all six:: This unit does not classify within Koglund arming structure.
[19:05] <@Roland> ::mutters something and hits the pause button, bringing his feet down off the table and getting up -- he grabbed his duster off the back of the chair and donned it, grabbing his hat on the way out and popping it on his head as he exits the common room on Pathfinder and heads into the vehicle bay, and from there down the ramp into the base::
[19:05] <@Melissa> Oh? ::pauses upon hearing the captain's request::
[19:05] <@Melissa> Guess I've got my orders for the moment. Feel free to look, just do not touch anything, please ::turns to go to the common room, still dressed in dirty overhauls with grease smudge on her left cheek::
[19:05] <@Detro> ::he leans down and kisses her head:: Duty calls, love. I'll be back as soon as I can.
01[19:05] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Sleca's tail-camera swivels to watch Roland as he appears::
01[19:06] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::she mumbles a pleased sound and closes her eyes, and is back asleep before Detro even leaves::
[19:07] <@Detro> ::he smiles, and knowing she's okay, he heads for the common room::
[19:07] <@Roland> ::uses a finger to push the brim of his hat up slightly as Sleca's camera focuses on him, and walks down the ramp out of the Fury::
01[19:07] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::circles Bonaparte warily::
[19:08] <@Caelin> ::is about to continue pondering the possibility of terrans being ethical when he hears the captain's call::lets hear what the talon captain has to say
[19:08] <@Mem> ::waits for Aggie to come back, and then heads to Tynes's location in the common room::
[19:08] <@Melissa> ::enters the common room and looks around for the captain. Upon seeing him, walks over to the table::
01[19:08] <@Savant> Pathfinder's crew show up - all but Aggie, who had been in the Commons for a while now.
[19:09] <@Mem> ::was with Aggie in the commons, then, and wanders over to Tynes:: << Wink >>
01[19:09] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::Wanders over with Mem::
[19:09] <@Detro> ::enters the common room and finds a seat:: Kellerton's doing better. ::he says this to no-one really. It's good self-reinforcement::
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she nods and turns to face the Talon captain, idly plucking at the strings of her instrument at the same time::
[19:11] <@Caelin> ::saves the report on his laptop and powers it down, setting it beside him as he sit's up in the couch::
[19:11] <@Gabriel> ::indicates the others should join him around the table as they appear::
[19:11] <@Roland> ::sits down in a chair and promptly sets his feet up on the table, leaning back::
[19:12] <@Gabriel> Good to hear, Sergent, thank you. ::grins over at Aggie:: You going to let Jeremi out of the storage closet?
[19:12] <@Caelin> ::stands and moves closer to the table but doesn't sit, just stays back out of the way a bit::
01[19:13] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::looks over at Jeremi, who has just arrived:: How far you gotten on that RAM coat, kid?
[19:13] <@Mem> If she doesn't, I'll bust him out.
01[19:13] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::grins a HUGE grin:: Half way!
01[19:13] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::shrugs at Tynes with a smirk on her face::
01[19:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::sits on the edge of a table beside Caelin, looking as guarded as ever::
[19:15] <@Gabriel> ::nods, confident Aggie can handle the personnel under her direct authority:: All right, people, here's the deal. I'll be requesting a launch window off Caprice for us in 15 days time. That's the last day of Spring for those of you keeping track of the calendar back home. That puts us back on Terra Nova... what, Lieutenant, about the last day of Summer, more or less? ::looks at Aggie::
01[19:16] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Prophet willing, at 13 45.
[19:16] <@Mem> Sucks. Summer in Lyonesse sounds wonderful.
[19:17] <@Detro> ::he tries to keep his face passive at the news. 15 days to decide. Likely less...::
[19:18] <@Roland> ::waits patiently for someone to get to the point::
[19:19] <@Melissa> ::listens attentively::
[19:19] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: That leaves us 15 days with some decisions to make. First thing: I've made an additional request. I've requested the first possible sortie for Talon 05 to Utopia, and the Utopia leg of the gate web.
[19:20] <@Roland> ::rubs his forehead beneath the brim of his hat and refrains asking 'what else is new?'::
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Glances at Caelin and gestures towards him briefly::
[19:20] <@Gabriel> I'll be checking with the technical boys when we get home on the various possibilities on getting us there. That means anyone who didn't have a long deployment for our next sortie in mind had better consider a transfer when we get back home. I figure we'll be two cycles -- two cycles, minimum -- away from home assuming we can work out the logistics of getting to Utopia.
[19:20] <@Gabriel> Which brings me to another decision. ::points at the computer:: I have a letter there from the CEO of Mariss Milspec, essentially offering anyone who wants it a preview ride to Utopia.
[19:21] <@Gabriel> The downside: no Gears, no guns, little or no military hardware of any kind. You'd be going there as an employee of Mariss, not as a soldier.
[19:22] <@Caelin> ::returns the glance at scildfreja::
[19:22] <@Gabriel> If anyone in Talon 05 is interested in such a ride, you have about 10 days to make that decision and make me aware of it.
[19:22] <@Roland> ::pretty much stopped listening at 'no guns'::
[19:22] <@Detro> ::wonders if that opportunity would extend to Kellerton as well....::
[19:22] <@Gabriel> For every seat we lose to people who take that offer, I will offer Mariss a reciprocal seat back to Terra Nova for their employees.
[19:23] <@Gabriel> Only seems fair, and Prophet knows we can use all the Caprician corporate liaisons we can get for future trips to Caprice.
[19:23] <@Gabriel> So, on that decision, fast is better than slow. Questions about that?
03[19:24] * Dimitri (~Me@S01060014bff40011.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[19:24] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Dimitri
[19:24] <@Detro> ::makes a mental note to bring it up with Tynes later. Bringing it up now could be a bit dicey::
[19:24] <@Melissa> No questions here
01[19:25] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::raises a hand::
[19:25] <@Gabriel> Jeremi?
01[19:25] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> when we go to Utopia, Sir... will we be bringing a plane?
[19:25] <@Roland> ::smirks under the brim of his hat::
[19:25] <@Mem> ::glances at Aggie and smirks::
[19:25] <@Caelin> ::raises an eyebrow::
[19:26] <@Melissa> ::does not relish the idea of not going without Bonaparte or some drones::
[19:26] <@Gabriel> ::grins:: Two steps ahead there, Corporal. I have no idea yet if we can get Pathfinder to Utopia yet. That said, I shall certainly take it under advisement. Would a Gull fit in the vehicle bay? Strikes me as a rather tight fit. ::winks::
01[19:27] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> The wings come off. We can make her fit. ::Seems determined to do so even if it involves using a chainsaw::
[19:28] <@Detro> ::smiles::
[19:28] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I'll listen to proposals along those lines, certainly. ::pauses:: With regard to the Mariss offer, if any of you can bring yourself not to see home for a while, the intelligence you could gather there, even as a civilian, would be invaluable. Please strongly consider it.
[19:30] <@Gabriel> Next thing. We have an extremely large number of guests coming back with us. ::nods at Scildfreja and Caelin:: In addition to our new Utopian allies, we have one Atlantean, the four members of the Sanvit family, and I'd like to make room, if at all possible, for a Liberati or two.
[19:30] <@Detro> ::Detro's face brightens faster and brighter than a CEF laser on double its rated output::
[19:30] <@Gabriel> Our cargo bay is looking rather empty, and we'll be emptying it further, right into this base. The extra room will, I hope, be sufficient to bring a small crowd back with us.
[19:30] <@Gabriel> How are refits along those lines coming, Lieutenant? ::looks at Aggie::
01[19:31] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> We've offloaded everything you flagged on the manifest, and we've got the rails for the acceleration couches set in. Making them from scratch is a bit of a pain, but the Liberati are helping.
[19:32] <@Roland> What's getting dumped?
01[19:33] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::shrugs:: A lot of the munitions, any supplies we don't need to get back, basically. We're giving ourself a good buffer, though. Don't worry, we aren't leaving them your fertilizer.
[19:34] <@Roland> Fucking right you aren't. What are they gonna grow? Rocks?
[19:34] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: In particular, a good deal of our small arms and ammo, light weapons for the Liberati vehicles, our two training Gears, a new Gear for Sergent Muhammad, and some of our repair parts.
01[19:34] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::murmurs and looks into her cup:: They grow a good lager.
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::grins at Aggie:: I've been noticing that myself. ::glances over at Mem:: We've also got some 10 thousand liters of highly refined fuel remaining, Lieutenant, if you want to grow your investments a bit.
[19:36] <@Gabriel> While you're in a buying and selling mood, though, I'll need you to refill the food hoppers. We don't have enough food on board for the trip home.
[19:36] <@Mem> ::nods:: I'll check that out. Our local business should slowly build local funds indefinitely. At some point there will be enough to start making a presence felt in the market.
[19:37] <@Gabriel> Don't make it felt too much. That money is investment and purchasing capital for future Talon teams on Caprice. Though I'd also like to buy a couple more of those light railguns from Mariss if they can spare them. Check that.
[19:37] <@Gabriel> I suspect they'll be rather useful on Utopia.
[19:37] <@Mem> When I say "at some point", I mean int he next decade.
[19:37] <@Mem> ::smirks::
[19:38] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: Way to think ahead. ::turns to Melissa:: Dekarch, I'd like the squddie and the hunter-killer transferred to the vehicle bay for our defense on the way home. With any luck at all, we'll get to keep them, but you can expect TalonWerks will want a very close look at both when we get back.
[19:38] <@Detro> ::he wonders if Kellerton would even be able to travel in 15 days or not::
[19:38] <@Mem> Someone's got to.
[19:40] <@Melissa> ::nods:: I've done some basic schematic work already and we still have the damaged one as well. ::makes note to transfer the drones after the meeting::
[19:40] <@Gabriel> That's the basics. Any immediate questions?
01[19:41] <@Savant> A glut of people enter the commons from one of the double doors - technicians and soldiers and GREL coming in from the underground firing range. The mood in the room grows more jovial as they arrive
[19:42] <@Melissa> ::watches the new comers, not really flinching at the sight of the GREL::
[19:42] <@Detro> ::shakes himself out of his thoughts:: Uh, I'll talk to you later about mine, sir.
01[19:43] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::raises a finger and excuses herself for a moment::
03[19:44] * Roland sets mode: +b *!*@ip70-186-195-176.hr.hr.cox.net
03[19:44] * Mike145 was kicked by Roland (See last channel)
[19:44] <@Gabriel> ::looks around at the lack of questions:: Good. Go relax. Enjoy yourselves. Two days liberty to all hands, then RTB to assist with repairs on our remaining Gears and off-loading of Pathfinder.
01[19:46] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Woo hoo! ::throws his hands up in the air and skips back a few steps:: I'm gonna go get drunk!
[19:46] <@Melissa> ::nods to the captain and turns to go back to Bonaparte and make the transfer of the drones now::
01[19:47] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::From across the room, at the bar:: ah ah ah! Back on the paintbrush, kid! You finish up first!
[19:47] <@Caelin> ::raises a hand after gabriel has dismissed the others::if i could speak with you a moment
[19:47] <@Detro> ::he glances over at Mem. There's some other work he needs to do as well...::
01[19:48] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods at Caelin, then looks at Tynes::
[19:48] <@Gabriel> Indeed. All hands save one, to correct myself. ::takes a sip of his drink, then nods at Caelin:: Of course.
[19:48] <@Detro> ::gets up and starts to head in Mem's direction::
01[19:48] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Awh. ::trudges back to the doors::
[19:48] <@Mem> ::grabs one of the pre-poured drinks from the bar and snakes over to Jeremi, putting an arm around his shoulder, and handing it to him stealthily:: Like the lovely lady said, back on the paintbrush.
[19:49] <@Roland> ::rubs the stubble forming on his chin with a palm, considering for a moment what, if anything, he needed or wanted to do on this ball of rock::
[19:49] <@Caelin> ::moves in closer::when we get to terranova, your superiors would likely want to as us alot of questions about our home, correct?
01[19:50] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::Grins at Mem and takes the drink:: She dropped off a two-litre an hour ago. I been flyin' hiiigh
[19:50] <@Detro> ::stops... and thinks about it. Maybe this isn't the time to talk to Mem.
[19:50] <@Mem> ::smirks and shoves Jeremi in the direction of Pathfinder::
[19:50] <@Mem> ::turns and goes back to the bar::
[19:51] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Yes, that is likely to be so, but you won't be forced to divulge what you do not wish to divulge. That's the way it was with our first Caprcian guest, and I expect the same here.
01[19:51] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::stumbles, laughs, and trots off out the doors::
[19:51] <@Gabriel> That said, she was honest and forthright about the conditions we would find on this world, and offered to be our first liaison to the planet. The more information you can provide, the more helpful my people will be. That is the way of my people.
[19:52] <@Detro> ::No. Best to deal with this now, and have 2 days for any fallout to happen. He heads for the bar.::
01[19:52] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She rests both hands on the top of the harp, like a tall pedestal:: We will tell you what we can. The Sophists were a little.. vague. But, we may be able to help you get your Pathfinder through the gates.
[19:52] <@Mem> ::slides a drink over to Aggie:: I guess I'll have to pay for one back home since I can't really pay for one here. There's a place in the Platinum District that I'll take you to--and your crew or whoever else you want to take--and we'll have some real food and real drinks.
[19:52] <@Melissa> ::returns to the vehicle bay and begins working on moving the hunter-killer first::
[19:53] <@Mem> ::grabs a drink of his own and puts his back to the bar's counter and looks around the common room::
01[19:53] <@Savant> 2Lt Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage> ::leaning against the bar, which is a bit crowded:: That sounds great. I've never been there, Lyonesse.
[19:53] <@Detro> ::sits down a little bit away from Mem, preferring to judge his mood through observation first. Recon, then engage if the opportunity exists.::
01[19:53] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::is in a staring contest with Bonaparte::
[19:54] <@Mem> rofl
01[19:54] <@Savant> ::fix!::
03[19:54] * Retrieving #BT05 modes...
01[19:54] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::leaning against the bar, which is a bit crowded:: That sounds great. I've never been there, Lyonesse.
[19:54] <@Gabriel> Oh? Do you know something about the gates and the gateships that we do not?
[19:54] <@Mem> ::looks at Aggie in feigned surprise:: Really?
[19:55] <@Melissa> ::smirks at seeing the drone staring at her tank:: Sleca, what did you mean by Koglund arming structure?
[19:55] <@Roland> ::taps his heel against the table once or twice in thought before bringing his feet to the ground and standing from the chair::
01[19:56] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::glances at Caelin:: There are some in the Terran fleet who ... who do not like what they see. Mostly in their supply fleets, who have to see the weapons come in an endless stream. There are a few who call themselves the Fifth Column, who have been helpful.
[19:56] <@Mem> Well, you know what they said they'd do with Talons who've done two off-world tours. They want to put us in that museum they call Talon training academy. ::takes a shot of something::
[19:57] <@Detro> ::waiting, reaches behind him and snags one of the pre-pours, knocking back a fair bit on the first drain::
01[19:57] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::she smirked:: You might not believe it, but under this air of sophistication and grace is a good ole' fashioned badlands girl.
01[19:58] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> *beep* This unit does not correspond to any known unit within the Koglund arming structure.
[19:58] <@Gabriel> ::blinks:: That is interesting. We've encountered a few Terrans, even a few Terran soldiers, who have become disgusted with the CEF.
[19:58] <@Gabriel> But this is a different scale of things entirely. Are you saying there might be enough of them that they would open the gates for us, or look the other way while we used them?
[19:59] <@Mem> ::sets the empty shot glass down:: I get the feeling a few people might be ignoring that little rule.
[19:59] <@Roland> ::walks over to the bar and sniffs a couple of the pre-poured drinks, then arches his chin at the bartender:: Whisky?
01[19:59] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> I'm not retiring just yet. I'm only getting started.
[20:00] <@Melissa> Well, it doesn't really correspond to Terra Nova arming structures either. I've had a couple modifications done to the tank ::checks to make sure that the hunter-killer was secured and in place::
01[20:00] <@Savant> 5Bartender> ::glances at Roland:: Sure, Raven. Shot, or a glass?
[20:00] <@Detro> ::He closes his eyes and lets the liquor burn its way down. So many ifs. And maybe he was trying too hard to stay with Kellerton. He had a home and its people to defend... but dammit, this was love. There was no doubt about it.::
[20:00] <@Mem> ::grins:: Gotta save up for one of those choice Badlands properties to put your mansion on. Luxury dawg pens and sand dunes?
[20:00] <@Roland> Glass. Neat.
[20:01] <@Caelin> ::nods::the contact that brought us here secured a cargo ship for us and our equipment, they could do the same to get us back, though would be more difficult to hide your vehicles if there is ever a search
01[20:01] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::circles the tank at a prowl again, looking under the treads almost. It stops once it completes a circuit:: Designating unit Wastrel HVT 09. *beep*. Propagating data.
01[20:02] <@Savant> 5Bartender> ::pours out a glass of whisky for Roland. The glass looks glass, but it's plastic, like most everything else here:: There y'are.
[20:03] <@Melissa> ::chuckles to herself and calls out over her shoulder:: Southern Republic designation is ST-88R Recon Hun. This particular model is code-named Bonaparte
[20:03] <@Detro> ::finds himself near Roland when he opens his eyes again:: How's the vid going?
[20:03] <@Roland> ::grunts a thanks and takes the glass, turning around and taking a sip, allowing the alcohol to flow over and coat his tongue before swallowing::
01[20:03] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> NAh. ::empties her cup and slides it forward, for another:: My daddy was a water-root farmer. I'd like to get a bit of land of my own, do the same. Someday, when I'm too old to fly.
[20:03] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: It would be impossible to hide all of our vehicles and equipment in a cargo ship. We'd have to greatly reduce the amount of equipment we brought to your world.
[20:04] <@Gabriel> Unless, of course, the cargo ship itself was vast... vast enough to hide Pathfinder herself within...
[20:04] <@Mem> They may try to kick you out, though. Last I checked, two off-world tours and you're done. They need your wealth of knowledge for the newbies. ::makes a mocking gesture:: I can tell you for sure there will be some resistance to that. Sounds like you're one of 'em.
[20:04] <@Mem> Gonna be drowning in the bureacracy when we get back. ::takes another shot after this statement::
01[20:04] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::The drone pauses, and then rears back, all of a sudden active - armoured plates in its throat swivel open and what look like flame throwers pivot out:: *BEEP* REPUBLICAN UNIT TARGETED.
[20:04] <@Roland> ::looks over at Detro, then looks back out over the common area as he takes another sip from his glass:: About as well as Kellerton.
[20:05] <@Detro> ::winces:: Whatever you do, don't let her see all that fire I took towards the end.
01[20:05] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she nods affirmatively - inscrutable to Tynes, but Caelin can make out what she means well enough. She strums her harp idly::
[20:05] <@Melissa> ::turns around:: Whoa there! Stand down! ::starts moving towards the tank and the drone::
[20:06] <@Gabriel> ::looks from Scildfreja to Caelin::
[20:06] <@Caelin> ::thinks:: the ship we came in on would have been about the size of a terran gateship, though it didn't have actual cargo bays, it used shipping containers
01[20:08] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Sleca pauses barely a moment, and then scampeers bakc ten feet to hide behind a large fuel tank. It peers out from behind the thing, watching Bonaparte warily. The tank seems amused::
[20:09] <@Gabriel> Ten Pathfinders could hide in the bowels of any gateship I myself have seen. The Terran ones, if anything, are larger.
[20:09] <@Melissa> +com+ Caelin? Can I see you in the vehicle bay? Your presence would be most appreciated...now
01[20:10] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::raises an eyebrow at Caelin::
[20:10] <@Roland> Film won't be done until Terra Nova. Won't be a problem. ::pushes finishes the whisky and sets it back down on the bar, pushing off and heading towards Tynes and the Utopians::
[20:10] <@Detro> ::if he wasn't used to Roland's behavior, Detro would consider that a bad sign::
01[20:11] <@Savant> 3Gennady Maribold> ::Has begun to circulate around the room - a crowd follows him, as does the good mood. His prestige has only grown since Mt Valhalla.::
[20:11] <@Caelin> ::continues:: its just a matter of finding a cargo container big enough ..::pauses then glances at scildfreja and tynes:: umm, my apologies, if you want to continue freja, i'll see what that was about
01[20:11] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::disappears, almost literally::
[20:12] <@Detro> ::seeing Mem still kicking it about with Aggie, and Tynes with the Utopians and now Roland, it's going to be a while before he can talk to either individuals. He downs the rest of his drink and heads for the vehicle bay::
[20:12] <@Roland> ::approaches Tynes as Caelin excuses himself:: Captain.
[20:12] <@Caelin> ::walks off briskly towards the fury::
01[20:12] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods at Caelin, and replies to Tynes:: You may be able to hide it there, though... if I can say... you have impressive vehicles, but your detection-defeating systems are... primitive.
[20:13] <@Melissa> ::glances over at where Sleca disappeared while sitting up on the turret::
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement:: We rely nearly entirely on passive stealth.
[20:14] <@Caelin> ::walks up the ramp into the fury's vehicle bay a short time later:: is there a problem?
[20:14] <@Gabriel> We have a few active stealth vehicles on Terra Nova, but the systems are not well-developed and are quite expensive.
[20:14] <@Detro> ::steps into the bay where the Talon's vehicles are currently staying. He blinks as he looks around, then remembers. He heads to Spider One and hauls himself up and into it::
01[20:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> We aren't allowed to share technology with you - yet. Once you've arrived at Koglund with your ambassador, we'll be able to make some sort of alliance to deal with it.
[20:16] <@Melissa> ::glances over at Caelin:: I just need to know why Sleca suddenly pulled a weapon on my tank when I mentioned Southern Republic. It yelled out Republican vehicle targeted and got all hostile like.
[20:16] <@Detro> ::sits in one of the empty seats, facing the non-empty one. Its occupant is strapped in, but has no sign of life currently.::
[20:16] <@Detro> ::reaches over and pats it affectionately::
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::Wanders back from wherever she went and sits by Mem again:: So, you staying or going?
[20:17] <@Gabriel> If you cannot answer this, I understand, but I would be remiss not to ask. Do you believe your systems can be adapted to our vehicles?
[20:17] <@Mem> ::shrugs:: Probably going. But I could find a niche here.
[20:18] <@Caelin> ::has a hint of a smirk as he shakes his head, he takes a look around the vehicle bay:: Sleca! stand down and come!
[20:18] <@Gabriel> If they cannot, I fear we would be operating at an insurmountable disadvantage. I have already pointed out to my scouts that they must consider the problem of detecting enemy vehicles on your world.
01[20:18] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She furrows her brow:: I don't know. Perhaps your.. Gears, you call them? Perhaps those. I don't know about the ship. It's very big.
[20:18] <@Detro> ::he leans back and sighs:: Not quite the same as before, I suppose. ::looks at JJ's NNet a bit sadly. Kellerton's condition was depressing, but hopefully improving. JJ's wouldn't change until returning to Terra Nova::
[20:19] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Gears, yes. And I am much less concerned with Pathfinder. I expect she will spend much of her time hidden in some remote hangar on your world.
01[20:19] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::drops from the ceiling on a guy-wire, alighting on the floor:: *beep* We report, Lead Armiger.
[20:19] <@Roland> ::glances between Tynes and Scildfreja; given the size of the armigers, he would be surprised if a system could be set up to actively camoflauge the geasr::
[20:20] <@Gabriel> Your detection systems. Can they detect enemy vehicles using these stealth systems?
01[20:20] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::nods:: It woulda been nice to see a little bit of Gomorrah. I imagine it's like Marathon, just a lot bigger.
[20:20] <@Mem> ::smirks at Aggie:: Just a little bigger.
[20:21] <@Caelin> ::gives sleca a hand gesture then points to the tank:: not steelgate
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> It's not easy. I think we fight differently from you, Captain. War on Utopia is very sudden and violent. It is more a game of who can find the other first.
[20:21] <@Melissa> ::watches::
01[20:22] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> *beep* reapplying designation Wastrel HVT 09.
[20:22] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I am aware of this kind of fighting.
[20:22] <@Detro> ::Of course, with Kellerton there's also life sign monitors and such. The NNet sits silent.:: Ja Hwo. Some day. Maybe soon. ::gets up, giving it an affectionate pat on his way out::
[20:22] <@Gabriel> ::glances over at Roland::
[20:23] <@Roland> Not new to me.
01[20:23] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::smirks:: Bet you'd make a killing in there, you and your foreign business practices and exotic good looks.
[20:23] <@Mem> me? Exotic?
[20:24] <@Roland> It'll be like the old days...except I won't be alone in the middle of fucking no where with a battalion of soldiers trying to find me.
[20:24] <@Mem> ... but yeah. Gomorrah is my kind of city. It's even more extreme than Lyonesse.
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She inhaled slightly and sat back, hugging the lap harp loosely:: It's hard to describe without a good trivid monitor. ::Then Roland comments, and she smirks briefly::
[20:25] <@Caelin> ::chuckles:: if you were trying to tell sleca to use your nation's designation, it was probably very similar to designations used by steelgate, and it reacted as if it encountered an enemy unit, i apologize for the mixup
[20:25] <@Mem> ::looks at Aggie:: You never got to see the see-through fashion, did you?
01[20:25] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> The *what* now?
[20:25] <@Detro> ::pops out of the Spider... Caelin, Melissa, and one of the Utopian drones are off down a ways near Bonaparte:: He watches them briefly::
[20:26] <@Melissa> So...I'm assuming that this Steelgate is also known as the Republic?
[20:26] <@Mem> ::tilts his head, trying to describe it:: It was sort of... I don't know. Parts of it were transparent. Some parts were *very* transparent.
01[20:26] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::Underneath PAthfinder, on his back, painting one of the fat wing spars with black RAM paint::
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Prophet! You won't catch me in something like that. You wouldn't want to!
[20:27] <@Gabriel> I believe what Scildfreja is attempting to convey is that the other man will be every bit as quiet as you, Senior Sergeant. Likely, even more quiet.
[20:27] <@Mem> ::smirks:: But in the remote areas of the Badlands, when no one is looking...?
[20:28] <@Detro> ::Sighs. Things seem to be just fine without him interfering. He heads back to his vigil in the infirmary. Maybe Kellerton's more coherent.::
01[20:28] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Caelin and I are called Lead Armigers because we operate far ahead of the line. What the -sergeant? - is saying, it's what we do.
[20:28] <@Roland> With that active camo? Probably. Means we need to know the terrain...also might want to bring along some motion and vibration sensors. Bending light doesn't do a fucking thing for shaking the ground like a powersuit does.
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::replies with a Badlander saying:: No one knows what happens out in the dunes at noon.
[20:29] <@Mem> Exactly. ::grins:: You know, I have a gigantic database of Gomorran cultural information saved up from this trip and the last. I'll let you browse through it on the way home.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Scildfreja:: And the enemy Lead Armigers, they have the same technology at their disposal?
[20:30] <@Caelin> ::nods::likely not much of one now though, working with the terrans
01[20:30] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she nods at Roland:: Our enemies haven't figured out the Blaecscirham technique. We have an edge in non-detection.
[20:31] <@Detro> ::Arrives back at the infirmary. Anyone looking at/for him on the way sees that he seems quite distracted, which is unusual for Detro and his laser-like focus::
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> eh. ::She shrugs:: It's not the same if it's just reading it. You're going back in one more time, though, right?
[20:32] <@Mem> Might have to for supplies. Or at least, work with one of the Talons that is already in the Trench.
[20:32] <@Roland> The what now?
[20:32] <@Melissa> ::nods:: I think I can understand that.
01[20:32] <@Savant> Detro returns to the Infirmary, which is dressed up more like a bedroom, with nice side tables, and heavy, hand-made quilts. Kellerton is awake, and lookin at the ceiling.
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Well, if you do, let me know, huh? I can put in for some vacation time, right?
[20:34] <@Detro> ::Smiles, seeing her awake. He enters the room, going to her side:: Hey, does this mean you're back with us?
[20:34] <@Mem> ::grins:: Hoping to catch a glimpse of some skin?
01[20:34] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> The Blaecscirham technique. The system of monocams and trivids that shield the armiger.
01[20:35] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::She murmurs and her eyes flutter over to him. She tries to smile, but she's visibly very weak:: mmh. Hi.
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> I been cooped up in a box for a whole *cycle*. I'll take what I can get!
[20:36] <@Caelin> ::looks back at sleca and gives a "dismissed" gesture before turning back to melissa:: is there anything else you require my assistance for?
01[20:37] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Scarpers off to the Ambithera inside Pathfinder::
[20:37] <@Detro> ::grins, his hands yet again reaching for hers:: You gave me a bit of a scare there.
[20:37] <@Mem> There was a tanning salon on Gamma level presented as a coastal sand beach. It was a good half a klick long. I never had a chance to go there.
[20:37] <@Melissa> Nope, that's everything. Thanks
01[20:38] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::it takes her sveral seconds before she's drawn enough breath to reply:: Sorry.
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Sounds nice. I havne't seen the sun - a *real* sun - in a long time. Loki's nothing at all like Helios.
[20:39] <@Mem> Wow, you really are homesick, aren't you?
01[20:40] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::She smirks:: I'm just really, *really* sick of the insides of Pathfinder. Lovely bird she is, but I need a change of scenery.
[20:40] <@Caelin> ::nods::you're welcome, i'll leave you to your business then ::turns and heads back to the common area::
[20:40] <@Gabriel> ::nods, thoughtful for the moment:: When we return home, I will see what if my world's most advanced sensors can be made available.
[20:40] <@Detro> Don't be sorry. I'm just glad we're both around to talk about this. ::his grin fades:: We're, uh, lifting off in 15 days. ::he pulls a nearby chair closer to the bed::
[20:40] <@Gabriel> I admit that I have not been keeping up with the technology advancements in that area.
[20:42] <@Detro> ::looks at her:: I don't think we can put off making a decision for much longer. I owe my CO that much.
01[20:42] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> We will be sure you can fight and survive on Utopia. I don't know what your traditions are, but we treat our guests well.
[20:43] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Excellent. You have my thanks. And perhaps we will be able to assist in your fight now and again.
01[20:44] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> mmmh. ::she again pauses a long time before being able to reply:: I want to go with you, Detro.
01[20:44] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Guests are expected to help out time and again, too. ::It was ahrd to tell if she was joking or not.::
[20:44] <@Melissa> ::goes back to moving the Octopus into position::
01[20:45] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Scarpers out again, this time to get a closer look at the Octopus::
[20:46] <@Melissa> ::looks at Sleca and smirks again, amazed at how curious the drone was::
[20:46] <@Roland> ::looks over at Tynes, a break in the Utopia conversation forming:: Captain, given the number of bodies we're hauling back with us through the gate, we need to keep the guns locked up.
[20:47] <@Detro> ::He closes his eyes. Deep down he'd hoped she'd say that, but he knows what he has to say next:: Are you sure? You'd have to leave your family and friends behind... I don't know when we'll be back. If Talon Command would even let us serve in the same unit, much less travel together. ::frowns:: Not after what I did at Bastille Alpha...
[20:48] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Roland:: To be totally honest, Senior Sergeant, that's one reason we're leaving the majority of them here.
01[20:48] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> Mh. I don't know. ::She mumbles, clearly not thinking very clearly right now:: I can help better on Terra Nova.
[20:48] <@Gabriel> Not that the Liberati can't use them, of course.
[20:49] <@Caelin> ::returns to the common area and slides up beside scildfreja::
01[20:49] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Circles around the Octopus, whcih in turn circles around the strange Utopian drone, neither one sure of the others' affiliations::
01[20:49] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::smiles briefly at Caelin and makes room for him::
[20:49] <@Roland> ::grunts:: Fair enough.
[20:49] <@Detro> There's another possibility. One I haven't talked with Tynes about yet... but there's an opportunity to send some people ahead to Utopia, to prepare for future Talon missions. We might be able to do that... :Smile: Might make you the first Liberati liason on Utopia.
01[20:50] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> Utopia? Oh, i don't know... ::she takes a weak breath and smiles faintly:: I don't think straight. I think it's a lot of drug.
[20:50] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit at scildfreja::sleca's a smart drone, but is unable to tell one planet's S R designation from another's
[20:50] <@Melissa> ::steps back from the two drones, shaking her head::
[20:51] <@Detro> ::squeezes her hand:: No need to decide now. But soon. ::a beat:: Admittedly, this isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my next leave with you... ::Grins::
01[20:51] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::prowls off to watch form a distance. The Octopus, not nearly as clever, just wathes it leave and then continues with its orders::
[20:52] <@Detro> ...but I can still stay by your side for it.
01[20:52] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> ::Her grin widens a little and she squeezes his hand back faintly:: No no, i sleep right now, I think. You should go back to your friends for now.
[20:52] <@Melissa> ::mutters to herself:: Hmm, wonder how they get them that intelligent...
[20:53] <@Detro> ::his face faults briefly:: I.. um... Not really sure they want me around right now.
01[20:53] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] They have a republic too? won't that be confusing.
01[20:54] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> Of course they do. You're smart and fun and good looking.
[20:55] <@Detro> Yeah, well... his free hand scratches the back of his head:: I disobeyed orders to pull back, kinda lost it against Mem, then lost a valuable gear -- or really, blew it up myself since it was too damaged to get out.
[20:55] <@Caelin> ::shrugs::[AS] sounds like it, it'll be interesting to see more when we get there
01[20:56] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> Oh, it just a thing. You can have another later, I know. ::She's drifting off, and her eyes are sinking closed::
01[20:56] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> [AS] Do you suppose it's green?
[20:57] <@Gabriel> ::nods at the Utopians:: Thank you for the information. You've given me quite a lot to think about.
03[20:57] * Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has left #BT05
[20:57] <@Detro> ::smiles:: Yeah. There's always another. But only one of you. ::leans in and kisses her forehead:: Get some sleep. You've earned it.
01[20:58] <@Savant> 3Kellerton Van Saar> mm. ::smiles and, again, is pretty much completely asleep in moments::
[20:58] <@Melissa> ::leans against Bonaparte's hull:: Well, I'd rather have you than any drone any day ::pats the hull::
[20:58] <@Caelin> [AS]i've heard some mention something called jungles there, i get the feeling that means alot of green
03[20:58] * Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-98-46.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
01[20:59] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[20:59] <@Savant> nice quiet ending to the arc. I liked it. What did you think?
[20:59] <@Caelin> awesome
[20:59] <@Roland> Yar
[21:00] <@Detro> Everybody lives.
[21:00] <@Mem> Needed more A New Hope cheesiness. GREL throwing confetti over our heads.
01[21:00] <@Savant> no one died, well done!
[21:00] <@Caelin> loved the interaction between sleca and melissa's toys:)
01[21:00] <@Savant> hee, yeah.
[21:00] <@Roland> What do you mean no one died?
[21:00] <@Melissa> that was fun
[21:00] <@Roland> Craig died. Terribly. Wink
01[21:00] <@Savant> tonight. Tonight Wink
[21:00] <@Mem> GREL throwing confetti on Roland, who has the sourest expression on his face.
03[21:00] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:00] <@Mem> ANime.
01[21:00] <@Savant> though, yes, what did you think of the arc in general?
[21:01] <@Gabriel> Thought it was great, myself. Smile
[21:01] <@Detro> Awesome
[21:01] <@Mem> Great stuff.
[21:01] <@Gabriel> Perfect mix of danger, oh-shit moments, and the very occasional triumph. Wink
[21:02] <@Caelin> the arc overall, epic, had explosions, life and death situations, romance but not too much;)
01[21:03] <@Savant> glad you enjoyed it all. I had a great time running it.
01[21:03] <@Savant> much better than the previous Caprice arc. This one was great fun.
01[21:03] <@Savant> Anyways, you guys have to think about the next arc - in the back of your heads at least. Sticking with the same characters? changing out? moving the command structure around?
[21:04] <@Caelin> i have to stick with caelin:)
[21:04] <@Detro> Depends on Tynes' and Kellerton's response, heh.
01[21:04] <@Savant> I may be introducing a mechanism like GvE did to give everyone the same experience level, to make sure everyone's got a niche. KEep an ear open for that.
[21:04] <@Roland> Yay for something with AIR.
[21:04] <@Detro> You mean, air that allows for NBC attacks?
01[21:04] <@Savant> that's why you want Tribe 8. It's got, y'know, TREES
[21:04] <@Roland> GREEN
[21:04] <@Mem> Roland has an ecogasm.
01[21:04] <@Savant> he will at that
[21:04] <@Roland> "Where the hell were you?" "Busy."
01[21:05] <@Savant> so yeah, think of those things. And now, think of experience points. Because I want to give you some.
[21:05] <@Gabriel> So nice of you. Wink
[21:05] <@Detro> If XP is awarded, and no-one is around, does it really exist?
01[21:05] <@Savant> Your answers to the Expees questions will be for the campaign, not for the session. Do keep that in mind
[21:05] <@Caelin> first thing roland does when he gets back to terranova, buy out several greenhouses with his back pay:)
01[21:06] <@Savant> One is for being here. Congratulations, you made it. Two years. Hot damn.
01[21:06] <@Savant> Two is for Teamwork. Tell me how you evolved as a team from when you left Terra Nova to now.
[21:07] <@Roland> Mem was...sort of...more...Lieutenantish. Wink
[21:07] <@Detro> The fact that we have actually had a recon squad for once.
01[21:07] <@Savant> at the end there, I agree.
[21:07] <@Gabriel> In combat, when we started this arc, we were still making silly, rookie mistakes. By the end of it, I didn't see a one. When we broke standard tactics, we did it for a reason and in full understanding of why we were doing it and what we hoped to get out of it. The moment where I realized we finally "got it" was the asteroid raid.
[21:07] <@Gabriel> I didn't have to say a word. People kept our escape routes guarded, covered each other, teamed up to cover the various objectives.
[21:07] <@Mem> As a team? We were able to tag-team a few responsibilities around.
[21:08] <@Detro> ::nods:: Everyone wasn't pinned down to "I *have* to do this because it's my job." We have more rounded coverage on the key areas.
[21:08] <@Gabriel> Non-combat, this particular group has filled most of the major niches, and everybody understands what "belongs to them". Comes from working together for a long period. There isn't any argument about who's gonna do what or why. It just gets done.
01[21:08] <@Savant> i think you guys really came together and figured it out this time around. The things you learned this arc will help you immensely next arc; but you will have a lot more to learn from that, too.
01[21:09] <@Savant> to counter that second point, Gabriel, some people feel left out at times. I plan on making some changes to ensure that everyone's got a healthy niche without over-specializing, when we come back.
[21:09] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: That'll help.
06[21:09] * @Savant nods
[21:10] <@Detro> It's going to also probably make the points issue more problematic, if it's going to restrict the number of skills/level/complexities you can have.
01[21:10] <@Savant> Third point is Storyline. Tell me what you learned about the storyline, in broad strokes, and the things you liked about it - broad things or details. And Anything you dind't like regarding the story, too.
[21:10] <@Detro> The Utopians probably have created KITT already.
[21:11] <@Caelin> before craig bite it, he was beginning to be a good multipurpose character, in combat he was good for setting up MAPs and even doing some mopping up, and out of combat he had a good number of skills. i'm still trying to find a niche for caelin though right now is basically recon work
[21:11] <@Detro> And I'll also admit I like the fact that people OTHER than myself had their characters die this time around.
[21:11] <@Detro> No offense Scotty. Wink
[21:12] <@Caelin> lol
[21:12] <@Caelin> yeah but you almost had 2 characters die this time around:)
[21:13] <@Detro> The first one was a horrid, horrid case of bad dice luck.
[21:13] <@Roland> We definitely have a better idea of what the CEF has planned for it's over-arching mission of retaking the colonies -- from their dealings with the Utopians and the Atlanteans to their plans for Caprice to their building of the war machine preparations for assaulting Terra Nova.
[21:13] <@Mem> I liked that we finally had a named CEF nemesis to focus on.
[21:13] <@Gabriel> In broad strokes, this particular segment saw the Liberati actually commit to the fight against the CEF, actually get over their fear of the CEF, and decide what strategies they were gonna follow in fighting them. They've established their own niche in the overall resistance.
[21:14] <@Detro> We also know that the corporations aren't rolling over playing dog to the CEF.
[21:14] <@Caelin> yeah the liberati certainly grew up during this arc
01[21:14] <@Savant> yay Rasuul
01[21:14] <@Savant> my favourite Smile
[21:14] <@Detro> That more than a few are working against them.
[21:14] <@Gabriel> The Terranovans, similarly, have figured out that this is a real war that isn't gonna be won because 6 people happened to blow up a mass driver. Wink
[21:14] <@Mem> Before it was more of a general sinister enemy. I liked that this time around it had a face and a name and we almost got to kill it.
[21:15] <@Caelin> i should have had sleca plant charges on that chopper
06[21:15] * @Savant nods
[21:15] <@Gabriel> Another CO other than Gabriel might have made Rasuul one of the objectives. Gabriel didn't because -- if anyone were to ask him -- he feels Rasuul is doing just as much damage to the CEF as any Talon team could do. In his view, the longer she lives, the better.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> But nobody asked him. Wink
01[21:15] <@Savant> it's hard to include personal villains. since you guys can just, y'know, shoot them in the head Wink
[21:16] <@Mem> but that's oh so fun.
01[21:16] <@Savant> i agree with all of your statements, and am glad you caught on to them.
[21:16] <@Mem> They put a hole in Gotah. We can put holes in them. Wink
01[21:16] <@Savant> expect to see more Rasuul and more Mubatu in your future.
01[21:16] <@Savant> anyways, fourth is for fights. Tell me what you liked or did not like about the various combats.
[21:17] <@Detro> If I hear the words "Get on with it" one more time...
[21:17] <@Mem> Thought the final one was really really great.
[21:17] <@Roland> Penultimate engagement, yeah.
[21:17] <@Caelin> boss level
[21:17] <@Detro> And yeah, that last fight was a nail biter.
[21:17] <@Roland> I...doubt we'll see anything that big again. If we do, it's end-game. Wink
[21:17] <@LrdVampyre> the fights i think overall the fights were okay, but seemed at times a little out of hand cause of the skill levels involved
[21:17] <@Mem> If anything because it required us to be a little outside our element. We were on bad terrain, didn't really have the advantages we normally have.
[21:17] <@Gabriel> I thought all the fights were great. We still need to figure out how to do them faster.
01[21:17] <@Savant> i am afraid i cannot answer your inquiry at this time, Roland.
[21:18] <@Roland> Well, if we do, we're doing something wrong. We can't get involved with something like that on Utopia. Wink
[21:18] <@Gabriel> The strategic game will definitely help for those participating in that.
01[21:18] <@Savant> speed speed speed. Yes. I'll try to figure something out in that regard. Breaking it down to leadership rolls and squads instead of initiative rolls helped a bit.
[21:18] <@Gabriel> ::nods::
01[21:18] <@Savant> yeah, that's aprt of hte point. the other point of the strategic game (bryond having fun) is to
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group