Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Transcripts for "The Depths"

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Game Transcripts for "The Depths" Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Depths -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. The Depths in Session'
03[18:30] * Farrell is now known as Detro
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Marcy is now known as Marshall
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
03[18:31] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
01[18:31] <@Savant> we'll give a few moments for people to rouse themselves Wink
[18:31] <@Detro> While we wait, those 2 points into Interrogation approved?
[18:31] <@Birkin> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> yes
[18:31] <@Detro> Thanks Smile I'll try to get back on the ball with spending when the points come in.
01[18:31] <@Savant> i'd prefer points were spent weekly too, yeah.
01[18:31] <@Savant> Jester's not here yet
[18:32] <@Detro> No Brad in either channel. Or Fraser.
06[18:32] * @Savant nods
01[18:32] Brad No such nick/channel
01[18:32] Brad End of /WHOIS list.
-
03[18:32] * Jester (~jester@76-227-182-63.lightspeed.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net) has joined #bt05
03[18:32] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
03[18:32] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:32] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
01[18:33] <@Savant> bon soir et bienvenue a anotre edition manifique du Black Talons!
01[18:33] <@Savant> Je suis ton maitre d'
[18:34] <@Gabriel> None of that Southie heathen gibberish now.
[18:34] <@Marshall> ...
[18:34] <@Detro> ::snorts:: Kuh wu.
01[18:34] <@Savant> and here you Talons were supposed to be a polyglot
[18:34] <@Detro> Go hwong tong. Let's go.
01[18:34] <@Savant> before I begin to roll out the red carpet, one or two things to address.
06[18:34] * @Detro is now known as MechaDetro
01[18:35] <@Savant> first thing to address. My pending and impending move to Fort McMurray. Details have been arranged.
01[18:35] <@Savant> My moving date is the 31xt, that's when the movers show up and get everything.
01[18:35] <@Savant> 31st, even
[18:35] <@Gabriel> Dec 31?
01[18:35] <@Savant> My start day is the 5th.
03[18:35] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
01[18:35] <@Savant> yup.
03[18:36] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
01[18:36] <@Savant> what's mre entertaining however is the fact that my stuff will arrive between the 7th and 19th, apparently.
[18:36] <@Detro> ...
01[18:36] <@Savant> I'm none too pleased, but apparently accomodations will be made.
[18:36] <@Gabriel> That's quite a large window.
[18:36] <@Delgado> Goddamn.
[18:36] <@Detro> Who's moving you, the cable company? Razz
01[18:36] <@Savant> they have to give a one-to-two week window of delivery I suppose.
[18:36] <@Marshall> I would make accomodations to have someone thrown in a river.
01[18:37] <@Savant> the rivers are solid, dude Wink it's winter.
[18:37] <@Birkin> better wash that one pair of underwear you wear several times then
[18:37] <@Marshall> It can wait. =P
01[18:37] <@Savant> thrown *onto* a river, sure. Into isn't easy Wink
01[18:37] <@Savant> Anyways, there may be hiccups, but I have a laptop and if it's a hotel we're doing I'll insist on wifi.
01[18:38] <@Savant> so, there's that. With any luck it won't affect the game.
[18:38] <@Detro> They actually have a hotel in this black hole of a town? With wifi?
01[18:38] <@Savant> They have several large hotels.
01[18:38] <@Savant> lots and lots of people stay up at Ft MAc for a week or two.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Second point of business.
[18:38] <@Caelin> they're in the mountains, there's like a ski resort ever 5 miles:)
01[18:39] <@Savant> Some of you may notice that our numbers have dwindled by a small margin over the past while. Holidays are partially to blame, and I'm fine with that.
01[18:39] <@Savant> Our XO has been missing for pretty much an entire story arc now, and I'm uncomfortable with having you guys leave on a long arc with a non-present XO.
[18:39] <@Marshall> I think Brad got hit by a meteor. That's my only conclusion.
[18:40] <@Gabriel> ::mentions quietly that the rest is a combination of ass-clownery and Fraser's need to be a galley slave::
[18:40] <@Delgado> word
01[18:40] <@Savant> in any case, I want a vote on it. Please reply Yes or No toi.... gah, one second
[18:41] <@Gabriel> Yes or No to hitting Brad with a meteor? Yes. Major yes.
01[18:42] <@Savant> bah. sorry, back.
01[18:42] <@Savant> Please respond with Yes or No to the following: "Should BT05 release Brad from the XO position, IC and OOC?"
[18:42] <@Detro> Hai.
[18:43] <@Marshall> Yes.
[18:43] <@Gabriel> Yep.
[18:43] <@Birkin> Yes
[18:43] <@Delgado> Si.
01[18:43] <@Savant> Caelin?
[18:43] <@Caelin> yeah, if he's going to be absent this much...
06[18:44] * @Savant nods
01[18:44] <@Savant> unanimous, then. Excellent.
01[18:44] <@Savant> I have received nomination for Prescot becoming the new XO at least in OOC fashion, if not ICly.
01[18:44] <@Savant> comments?
[18:45] <@Delgado> Word.
06[18:45] * @Delgado nods
06[18:45] * @Savant nods sagely
01[18:45] <@Savant> word.
[18:45] <@Gabriel> Prescot would be good, but it would be interesting to see if Itz is at all interested, too.
01[18:45] <@Savant> they should fight for our affection.
[18:46] <@Delgado> No.
06[18:46] * @Delgado nods
[18:46] <@Caelin> mud wrestle
[18:46] <@Gabriel> I was just thinking "cage match", yes.
[18:46] <@Detro> :Very Happy: Figured if I volunteered it might encourage others to step up instead. Glad to see my gamble paid off Wink
[18:46] <@Detro> I've no objection to either Smile
[18:46] <@Gabriel> I also note that Prescot is stunned into silence. Wink
01[18:47] <@Savant> he is all :O :O :O
[18:47] <@Delgado> pwn
[18:47] <@Marshall> I'm interested too, just so we have some competition and don't have to accept by acclamation =)
01[18:47] <@Savant> do you accept the nomination, Prescot?
[18:47] <@Birkin> Yeah of course I will
01[18:47] <@Savant> I'd like to give Prescot the first kick at the can, actually. He's one of the longest standing members of BT05.
[18:47] <@Gabriel> So he fights Marcy instead?
[18:47] <@Gabriel> Wink
01[18:48] <@Savant> why, that's the topic of the night's game in fact :O
[18:48] <@Birkin> If Itz or even Marcy want to try it too that'd be great. If they wanted to we could take turns doing some of the OOC stuff
[18:48] <@Delgado> No.
06[18:48] * @Delgado nods
[18:48] <@Marshall> I think Itz has rejected that quite handily =)
01[18:48] <@Savant> I wholly encourage anyone interested to take part in the "XO" and "CO" positions. This is a game. Dow aht you enjoy doing.
[18:48] <@Marshall> Twice.
01[18:48] <@Savant> i do not enjoy spelling properly >Sad
[18:49] <@Birkin> Apparently I need to raise my INF and Leadership skills now.
01[18:49] <@Savant> you do indeed.
[18:49] <@Gabriel> Was just about to ask if Prescot was thinking Birkin, or a new character for this.
[18:49] <@Marshall> heh. oh wow. At least you get 50 points to work with.
[18:49] <@Gabriel> Without Mem, we've also got a giant, gaping hole in our line-up.
01[18:49] <@Savant> In any case, with the above discussion, the choice is apparent. Congratulations, Prescot. And yes, your choice - keep Birkin or make someone new.
[18:50] <@Detro> Don't worry about it Jester. I've started Detro on an IW/Computers crash buildup.
[18:50] <@Delgado> What kind of hole?
[18:50] <@Birkin> goatse.cx
[18:50] <@Marshall> The gaping kind. Duh.
[18:50] <@Gabriel> Well, electronic warfare is the big one. Detro's also been pretty good at the computer stuff.
[18:50] <@Delgado> Ah.
[18:50] <@Birkin> I don't want to give up Birkin. As much as having a new character is appealing, I have too much fun with Birkin.
[18:50] <@Caelin> i think detro...what dennis said, caelin could also fill in some computers/electronics/investigation
[18:50] <@Detro> Yeah, but I nerfed him in both for the relaunch, so it'll take me time to get back to my former glory.
[18:50] <@Birkin> even if that makes it a bit harder IC'ly
[18:51] <@Marshall> ::coughs and highlights his 3c3 in computers:: Wink
[18:51] <@Birkin> unless the Republic has a history of sending people up to Commisioned Officer rankings
01[18:51] <@Savant> okay, Birkin it is. We'll sort out how the 50 points for XO will be ported over, likely as part of a training regimen en route to Utopia.
[18:51] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: The giant hole is IW. The best on the team is 2c2. I keep pointing out that to spot things with Stealth 4, 5, and 6, sensor skill is kinda important. Wink
[18:51] <@Gabriel> Never mind the need to run ECM/ECCM.
[18:52] <@Detro> 7 weeks, I'll be at 3/2 IW.
01[18:52] <@Savant> questions on the changeover?
[18:52] <@Gabriel> None here. I approve this message.
[18:52] <@Detro> Unless there's some way I can speed it up
01[18:52] <@Savant> thanks, Barack
[18:52] <@Birkin> Will that take effect in game or before it we all know its happened?
01[18:52] <@Savant> I think that this game is an excellent time to make it an IC promotion.
01[18:52] <@Savant> speaking of, let me brief you.
01[18:52] <@Savant> i promise that it is brief.
01[18:53] <@Savant> The Depths
01[18:53] <@Savant> 28 Winter TN1946, 1000h - Morning
01[18:53] <@Savant> Leda Station, in orbit of Zeus
01[18:53] <@Savant> 12 Kelvin, hard radiation (0.5 Rads/hr)
01[18:53] <@Savant> Space. For millenia the depths of space have represented the limitless potential of the human spirit. It has been conquered, even in the depths of the isolationist period space is a resource used by leagues and nations through application of human effort. This last frontier, while still untamed, is familiar to the hand of man.
01[18:53] <@Savant> But for all of that the older entity lurks beneath. Under the veneer of innovation and industry lurks the black void that swallows ships whole, that kills without pause to the fragility of the humans that dare it. Space the killer. Space the cruel.
01[18:53] <@Savant> Black Talon Five finds themselves in the black depths once more, preparing to brave an environment so harsh that the coldest poles or harshest deserts would be paradise in comparison. Fragile bubbles of life beneath eggshells of armour, impossibly fragile for the task of quelling an empire. But yet it must be done.
01[18:53] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:53] <@Detro> ack
[18:53] <@Marshall> ack
01[18:53] <@Savant> questions?
[18:53] <@Caelin> ack ::deja vu's::
[18:53] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:53] <@Delgado> ack
[18:53] <@Birkin> ack
01[18:54] <@Savant> This game will be rather calm. I encourage you to get some good characterization in. There may not be a lot of time for that later on. I will also be throwing a wrench or two in there, for fun.
01[18:54] <@Savant> also, Birkin's promotion is not yet IC. I will leave it to Gabriel to tell him.
[18:55] <@Birkin> What am I getting promoted to? Wink
01[18:55] <@Savant> all good? Ready to roll out?
[18:55] <@Delgado> Monkey.
[18:55] <@Marshall> Major Wink
[18:55] <@Birkin> I designate Delgado: Poo target
[18:55] <@Detro> "Whipping Boy"
01[18:55] <@Savant> Leutenant.
01[18:56] <@Savant> that one is not mis-spelled.
[18:56] <@Caelin> how about loo-tenant:)
[18:56] <@Gabriel> It's not misspelled when you just misspelled it?
[18:56] <@Detro> Leuy
[18:56] <@Gabriel> Or it really is spelled "Leutenant"?
[18:56] <@Detro> Germanic spelling, IIRC.
01[18:56] <@Savant> that's how the frenchies spell it.
[18:56] <@Detro> Ah, wrong root.
[18:57] <@Gabriel> New rule: Talons get their own ranking system.
[18:57] <@Marshall> heh
01[18:57] <@Savant> that is not a bad idea you know Wink
[18:57] <@Marshall> Agreed. Totally.
[18:57] <@Gabriel> Given how formal Gabriel is, having to remember everyone's rank from 5 different ranking schemes is getting to be kind of a pain. Wink
01[18:57] <@Savant> Smile
01[18:57] <@Savant> he'd just say Lieutenant, I'm sure
[18:58] <@Marshall> Tynes> ::reads the profile.. crosses out the typo and writes it in correctly:: =P
01[18:58] <@Savant> his barbarian ears are unable to distinguish the subtleties of civilized language.
[18:58] <@Gabriel> Heh.
01[18:58] <@Savant> so! Let's begin, shall we? Leda station. Do what you want to do there.
[18:58] <@Detro> Guys, half hour's gone by. Think we can start? ;P
[18:58] <@Caelin> it's amusing to know, that birkin is so far the only PC to get not one but 2 promotions over the course of this game:)
01[18:59] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[19:00] <@Savant> Leda Station is a hidden place in the orbit of Zeus. In the shadow of one of the planets' many moons, it is shielded from detection and from the dangerous radiation emanating fromt he gas giant. Which is good, because it's also a stone's throw from the new gate point that the CEF has made use of there.
[19:00] <@Detro> ::in the med bay, working on training with his new legs, as he has been diligently... he's on a bed, holding onto straps, while his feet are "up" and set into boxes in the wall... he straightens one leg against the tension in one box, then the other, in an almost cycling motion::
01[19:01] <@Savant> The station is a classical Terranovan torus station. Eight long cyllinders welded in a hoop end to end, spinning to give very slight gravity. Most of the station is zero gravity as part of a non-rotating core.
[19:01] <@Detro> ::he's putting enough effort into it that his brow is beaded in sweat, hands white as they grasp the straps hard::
[19:02] <@Gabriel> ::is wrapping up a 90 minute check ride in a Whipsnake, taking the opportunity to retain his flight pay for another season:: +com+ Leda, Whipsnake 224. I have received Indigo update, request vector for docking.
01[19:02] <@Savant> The entire place has the air of being assembled ina hurry, as it was - this place was vacant only a cycle ago. Now it's a bustling shipyards, pumping out drones and begin prepped for shuttle construction.
[19:02] <@Birkin> ::making doubly sure that his own gear was in order, another box of the Fort to take with him to potentially get any good recipies from the natives, securing his other bits of personal gear::
01[19:03] <@Savant> 5Leda> Whipsnake 224, your vector is 21-by-five from zero frame, spin 17. You are clear for approach.
[19:03] <@Marshall> ::still furiously working on finishing the new weapons that were specced for the trip to Utopia. He was way, way behind schedule.::
[19:03] <@Detro> ::some people might have collapsed mentally after what happened. Or reject the prosthetic devices outright. For Detro, they were simply just another obstacle thrown in his path. Just like loosing BT09. Or rescuing Kellerton::
[19:04] <@Caelin> ::is checking up on his and scildfreja's gear, making sure everything hasn't been messed with during transport::
[19:04] <@Gabriel> ::sets the spin rate first, reorienting himself from watching the station move to watching everything else in the universe move::
[19:04] <@Delgado> ::is actually strapped to a wall, sleeping. Where? It seems she seemed to rig her sleeping back to a 'ceiling' of a zero-g storage closet. Nice and quiet::
01[19:05] <@Savant> Outside the station is docked a small swarm of Whipsnake spaceplanes, each carrying the new "Black Package" - a sealthed weapons and sensor cluster, freeing the cargo bay inside for more fuel should the Talons desire a longer-ranged fighter craft. Four Fury spaceplanes are amongst them like mother hens amongst the chicks.
01[19:05] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Is floating in the middle of BT05's vehicle bay along with Sleca, "teaching" it zero gee operations::
[19:07] <@Gabriel> ::with one short burn from the OMS followed by two or three gentle nudges from the maneuvering thrusters, gets the fighter on the requested vector::
02[19:07] <@Detro> M> ::has headphones on, listening to some classical music, drowning out the goings-on in the med bay::
01[19:07] <@Savant> Beyond the station float several spacecraft - destroyers proper, many from the Humanist Alliance, all on the defensive. The many-coloured bulk of a gateship looms amongst them.
01[19:08] <@Savant> Another ship has been making approach for about half an hour - a massive freight hauler, carrying rows upon rows of cargo containers along its spine, like a mother web spider carrying its young.
[19:09] <@Gabriel> ::smiles in appreciation of all the traffic, watching his vector for any tugs or small work craft::
01[19:09] <@Savant> Shuttles have begun to flit back and forth between the cargo freighter and the station, beginning the offload of more sensitive equipment. A collection of space-Gears wait as well, to begin cargo handling duties.
02[19:09] <@Detro> M> ::closes his eyes, letting his mind wander and letting the exhertion and tired muscles slip from his mind::
01[19:10] <@Savant> Marshall hears the sealed door to his compartment open up in a clatter
[19:11] <@Marshall> ::ignores it. Probably just Juno::
[19:11] <@Gabriel> ::slows his approach speed to a few dozen meters per second as he drifts inside the plane of the torus::
[19:11] <@Birkin> ::makes sure the box he had stored the 'still' in was was properly secured and locked up, rummages through his pads that he has, switching out a few on demolition putting in a expansive one on interrogation::
01[19:11] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ... rshallMarshallMarshallMARSHALL! ::careens into the room and into Marshall::
[19:12] <@Marshall> Wuuahh! ::falls over. a beat:: Yes Juno?
[19:12] <@Caelin> ::pushes off and floats over to scildfreja:: everything looks to be in order, how's sleca taking to the lack of gravity?
[19:12] <@Gabriel> +com+ Leda, Whipsnake 224, inner marker. Speed 40. Request slip number.
02[19:12] <@Detro> M> ::though he's trying to keep his mind empty, Kellerton drifts into his thoughts. He smiled.::
01[19:13] <@Savant> 5Leda> Whipsnake 224, you are slip number 47. Please do not deviate, heavy traffic on approach.
[19:13] <@Gabriel> +com+ 224, slip 47. Wilco. Have a good day.
01[19:14] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Grabs Marshall by the shoulders and shakes:: We're doomed! We're done for! The cargo came in! They're not there! There's nothing!
[19:14] <@Gabriel> ::says this automatically, then grins a bit, wondering if the standard response really applies here of all places::
[19:14] <@Marshall> ::A blank look on his face. Another beat:: What?
[19:15] <@Delgado> ::a timer goes off and Delgado wakes up, wiggling an arm out of her sleeping bag to check the time. Groaning to herself, she makes her way out of her little hiding place and toward the med bay::
01[19:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::gestures at the drone, which does a summersault midair in demonstration:: Program is still working fine. He'll be good until we get home, I'm sure.
[19:15] <@Birkin> ::catches the Doc out of the corner of his eye as she appears from the storage closet, tilting his head slightly:: Sleep well Doc?
[19:16] <@Gabriel> ::slows a bit more, then angles a bit toward the slip with the bright yellow "47" over it::
01[19:17] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> The lag bolts! The PLCs! The radomes and plates! The omnicam palettes! all of our freight! All the electronics! They got switched with another cargo slip!
[19:17] <@Delgado> No thanks to you. ::replies calmly to Birkin as she continues on her way, not even giving him a glance::
[19:18] <@Gabriel> ::slows to a meter or two per second then lets the fighter slip negate the rest of the craft's momentum as the fighter docks::
[19:18] <@Marshall> Ah. Well that -is- a problem.
02[19:19] <@Detro> M> ::he can't help but still be worried for her... but he knows the Talons will take care of her, and vice versa::
[19:19] <@Gabriel> ::pulls the overhead handle to turn the soft-dock into a hard dock and seal over the cockpit, wincing a bit at the return of sound, specifically the hard quadruple bang of the seal forming right over his head::
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Whacks Marshall on the shoulder with her pda:: A problem? A problem? What the heck are we going to do with a thousand cubic meters of frozen broccoli?
02[19:20] <@Delgado> M> ::finally enters and sees Detro working on his physical therapy:: Working hard? ::makes her way over to a cabnet and opens it, ruffling through various items::
[19:21] <@Birkin> Your welcome! ::chuckles ever so slightly as he secures his gear and takes off towards his new gear that he had yet to name:: Hmm.
[19:21] <@Gabriel> ::takes off his helmet and undoes the straps, then hits the canopy release and starts climbing out::
[19:21] <@Marshall> Ow.. We could make soup....
02[19:21] <@Detro> M> ::doesn't hear Delgado through the music in his ears, but he's still pumping away::
01[19:22] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Don't be silly, you'd need, like cream and maybe some mushrooms and - gah, I haven't eaten for *days*....
[19:22] <@Caelin> ::nods and puts a hand on freja's should::i wonder how they're doing back home, how Eadric is holding up, he should have a few sorties as a lead armiger under his belt by now
[19:22] <@Gabriel> ::gets his feet under him then pushes away from the fighter, floating in the zero-G of the central hub::
[19:22] <@Marshall> Well, lets stop by the mess and then go talk to the captain.
02[19:22] <@Delgado> M> ::finds what she's looking for and closes the cabinet before pushing off of it, slowly sailing over to Detro:: Hey Unplug for a minute.
01[19:23] <@Savant> The Utopians are at the crux of the situation right now. Their hangar bay is at the top of the docking spire, one of several. Gabriel is down along the length of that spire. "Above" that is the collar to meet up with the torus, where the rest of the Talons are making their days.
02[19:24] <@Detro> M> ::senses a change in light as Delgado blocks the overhead lighting briefly... he opens his eyes and looks at her... tightening his grip on one strap, he frees his other hand for just a second to unplug one ear:: Yo hua kwai suo.
[19:24] <@Birkin> ::cracks his knuckles as he takes off from the ground and climbs up into his new Dark Mamba:: Quite the looker aren't you. I need to find a good name for you
[19:24] <@Gabriel> ::as he approaches the proper spire, tosses his helmet down it, then uses the reaction of that momentum to come in contact with a wall::
[19:25] <@Gabriel> ::swings his feet against this wall, then pushes himself off after the helmet, more or less his standard 0G swimmer's turn::
01[19:25] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::frowns and nods silently, instead pulling herself against Caelin's side for support. After a moment she murmurs:: I wish we were there for him right now.
[19:26] <@Birkin> A demon maybe. Yeah you look like a demon to me ::opens up the cockpit and sits down, still trying to get a good feel for the new cockpit::
02[19:26] <@Delgado> M> Nice to speak to you too. ::squeezes the container she's holding and a soft 'pop' is heard before she hands it to Detro. It's obviously getting warmer in her hands:: Drink that and tell me what you think.
01[19:26] <@Savant> 2Mamba> ::The Mamba swivels its head down to look at Birkin. Someone - Juno, likely - has replaced parts of the Gears' heads with Cerberus's. Not entirely the same, but close enough that it looks as if a Cobra's head were looking down at him.::
[19:27] <@Gabriel> ::starts to "fall" and begins using the ladder to occasionally slow his "descent", approaching the large vehicle bay at the end of the spire::
02[19:28] <@Detro> M> ::inwardly sighs, but it was probably time for a break anyways... he slows his pumping legs until the machine stops so he can grab the bag safely... then samples it carefully::
[19:29] <@Birkin> Going to have to thank Juno for that one. ::shakes his head before snapping his fingers:: Not a large unstoppable dog. A more refined, calculating instrament.
[19:29] <@Marshall> ::heads out toward the mess hall, shutting the lid on his laptop and scooping both it and his ID off the desk::
[19:29] <@Birkin> ::grins:: Hades.
02[19:30] <@Delgado> M> ::watches Detro impassively, a talent each doctor is taught well::
02[19:30] <@Detro> M> ::not gagging on the first taste, he tries more of the broth... it's not bad -- not gourmet, but then again, what in space IS gourmet food? ::
01[19:30] <@Savant> 2Hades> ::The machine finishes a diagnostic process as Birkin announces its new name. Cool blue screens bathe Birkin in an icy hellscape of light.::
02[19:31] <@Detro> M> Sheh sheh. What is it?
[19:31] <@Gabriel> ::floats through the hatch into the vehicle bay proper, at "ceiling" level now, overhearing:: Hopefully not too refined, Sous-Adjudant. You're still very much our heavy gun.
01[19:31] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::follows Marshall, rubbing her stomach:: broccoli soup sounds *goood* right about now....
[19:32] <@Gabriel> ::detaches the grapple gun from the leg of the Whipsnake flight suit and fires the magnetic grapple at the ceiling::
[19:32] <@Marshall> Sounds like there wont be a shortage for a long, long time.
[19:32] <@Birkin> Like that? Good. Good.. Let's start with a diag ::looks out the cockpit:: Captain, welcome back sir. Enjoy your little flight outside?
01[19:32] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Responds to one of Scildfreja'
02[19:32] <@Delgado> M> ::finally allows a hint of a smirk as she speaks:: Soup. Plain and simple. Using it as an excuse to give you liquids. I had a feeling you might try to overwork yourself back to 'normal' without proper breaks. ::reaches into one of her many pockets and pulls out her mediglove::
[19:33] <@Gabriel> ::grabs the nearby falling helmet, then uses the line to slow his "descent" and lands on the deck with a thump, testing his legs against the light gravity:: Very enjoyable, thanks. ::grins at him::
01[19:33] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::Responds to one of Scildfreja's gestures by snapping out with a grapnel and zipping to one wall, then scrambling up aolong it to the rest of the Utopian belongings::
02[19:34] <@Detro> M> If you thought I was going to do that, you should have grounded me, taken me off the mission roster.
02[19:34] <@Detro> M> ::imbibes another mouthful of broth::
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::depowers the magnet, retracts the line, and reattaches the grapple to the suit, heading for the lockers:: You going to be able to manage something that small?
[19:35] <@Birkin> ::looks down at Hades:: Run a exensivet diagnostic, stop at halfway and await my command for the second half. ::looks back down a the Captain:: Don't you worry sir I'll make this beauty here sing with kills
01[19:35] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> But I mean, seriously. We can't do this if we don't have our parts. You *know* that I'm talking about, right? I mean, really. We can't go without this stuff!
[19:35] <@Gabriel> Oh, I've no doubt about that. I'm just curious if you'll be able to manage not having 20 minutes to plan your next maneuver.
01[19:36] <@Savant> 2Hades> ::begins going through the diagnostics, silent and efficient::
[19:36] <@Marshall> Uh. Yeah. I know what you're talking about.. ::had heard the elctronics was coming in today, but had no flipping idea what Juno was talking about::
[19:36] <@Marshall> <<were>>
02[19:36] <@Delgado> M> ::does a general body scan of him then rolls up one of his sleeves and gets a firm grasp of his inside elbow, taking a small blood sample before letting him go:: I knew you would've done so planet-side or with us. At least with us I can monitor you first-hand and we can still use your skills while you're recovering. ::pushes off the wall and heads toward one of the small lab areas in the bay::
01[19:37] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Watches Gabriel and Birkin from the other side of the bay, but doesn't interfere with them::
02[19:37] <@Delgado> M> ::plugs the sample and the info into the lab area and goes over them:: How are you feeling? Anything out of the ordinary? ... Other than the prosthetics.
01[19:38] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Jogs as they get close to the mess hall and squeezes in through the door by someone exiting:: S'cuse! Prophet, what's on the menu? I'm starved!
02[19:38] <@Detro> M> No different than usual. ::has more of the soup::
[19:39] <@Gabriel> ::undoes the various catches and zippers and steps out of the flight suit, stowing it, and then starts to pull the new BDUs on in its place::
[19:39] <@Marshall> MH> ::grabs a plate of food, a drink, and a small dessert and finds a seat::
[19:39] <@Birkin> Yeah. Less second guessing but that only got me in trouble back in school. I always enjoyed my time with the Cobra's and the striders. But I always did want to pilot this gear. Or one like it anyways.
02[19:39] <@Delgado> M> ::goes over the reading as she listens to his answer:: Good, good. It seems you're taking the treatment well.
[19:40] <@Caelin> ::pauses a moment, remembering some things::i'm sure he's doing fine, but yes it will be nice to see him again ::watches the sleca secure itself then nods to gabriel and birkin as go about their business::
02[19:40] <@Detro> M> ::cocks his head to one side:: Not exactly like I had much of a choice. ::manages a smile::
01[19:40] <@Savant> The new BDUs feel similar to the old ones - snug, custom-tailored, secure, heavy duty. Spacesuits cross-bred with wetsuits. These are similar but feature subtle armour plates in a dark umber red.
02[19:41] <@Delgado> M> ::smirks to herself:: True, but you're doing better than normal. Better than expected.
01[19:41] <@Savant> 2Hades> ::Pauses in its diagnostic::
01[19:42] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> MH> ::Sits down with Marshall with a single plate heaped high:: Do you think we'll be going through the Zeus discontinuity? Oh, I hope so. It's an entirely different wavelength form the other gates. I wonder if it'll feel any different!
[19:42] <@Gabriel> ::stows the helmet, then withdraws a plastic packet, then closes the locker:: Good. Turns out the new gear is not the only new thing in your life, Sous-Adjudant.
02[19:42] <@Detro> M> Well, I'm sure you're aware not many people are thrilled with the idea of prosthetics. ::a beat:: Not that I'm thrilled with it either. But in the end, it's just something else to grapple with and master.
02[19:43] <@Detro> M> Sort of like dealing with Roland, in a ways.
[19:43] <@Marshall> MH> No clue. ::a pause:: I've been working on the new guns for Utopia. The damn things rattle too much. Give away our position. I asked the guys over at Paxton if they knew what to do. They gave me a few ideas, but I still can't find the problem.
02[19:43] <@Detro> M> Though I suspect I am far from achieving the wisdom needed to consider myself a master of that. ::grins, a bit of the old Detro back::
01[19:44] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Keeps ahold of Caelin and gives a tap on her can of compressed air, pushing them both serenely towards the wall:: He's always been clever. Even more than you. Maybe we won't have a job left when we get back.
[19:44] <@Birkin> ::looks at his gear for a second before he hears Gabriel speak again:: What's that now sir?
01[19:45] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::between (and during) mouthfulls:: Did you try using one of those junglemower aerogel mounts? The new ones from TA, the ones that're getting all those good reviews.
02[19:45] <@Delgado> M> ::actually laughs a bit:: Well, at least you have a bit of an advantage. ::goes quiet for a moment then shuts down the lab and pushes away:: Everything seems to be 5x5. With that, I think I might try to go unconscious again, unless you need something.
[19:45] <@Gabriel> ::offers Birkin the packet, grinning:: You've received your commission, Lieutenant.
[19:46] <@Caelin> ::chuckles a bit:: the trainers always said he showed a great deal of talent, must get that from his mother, ::pauses again accessing another memory:: she would be proud of him
[19:46] <@Marshall> MH> A what?
[19:46] <@Gabriel> ::doesn't mention that it would have been Senior Sergeant Ardelmos that would have been commissioned, had Delgado's report not scotched THAT:: << Wink >>
02[19:46] <@Detro> M> No, I think I'm all set. Just one thing though -- ::makes a point of looking at her:: Thanks. For the legs that is.
[19:47] <@Birkin> ::stops paying all attention to the gear:: ... My what? You can't be... Holy shit. ::opens up the small packet offered to him:: You're serious. Who authorized this back home?
[19:47] <@Birkin> Not that I mind... But wow I gave up on this years before I joined the Talons.
[19:48] <@Gabriel> Lieutenant Gage is being considered for a staff job and will likely take it. There's no time to train up a new Lieutenant for 05, so that means a commission for a senior NCO already in-unit. You're top pick.
02[19:48] <@Delgado> M> ::looks at Detro, not expecting that::: Well... you're welcome. I guess. I mean, I gave you a choice. Some people aren't for the artificial. You chose. I just... made it possible. ::smiles softly::
01[19:48] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> MH> ::pauses to swallow a mouthful of water, sighs, and replies:: You know, that, what was it called? That new shock adsorbing system they're using on the Junglemower. AWCM-219, I think. That thing.
02[19:49] <@Detro> M> ::shrugs:: Situation like this, I don't think there is a choice. Sadistic bastard like that running around on TN, a man's got to do what needs to be done to stop him. Can't exactly do that on peg legs. :Smile:
[19:49] <@Marshall> MH> Could work.. I'll give it a try.
[19:49] <@Birkin> Ha. No wonder. I never did have a taste for kissing the assholes of the upper ranks. Thank you sir ::all grin now still in a bit of disbelief:: Are we gonna get someone new to fill the spot he's gonna leave for electronic warfare?
01[19:50] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Frowns in concern and rubs Caelin's back lightly:: She's very proud of him. I'm sure of it.
[19:50] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Excellent question. We're also back down to being a person short on Gold.
02[19:51] <@Delgado> M> True enough. You'll help us catch him. More than you'll know. ::nods then smiles:: Anything else?
01[19:51] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> MH> ::waves a hand:: It looks spiffing. I mean, really, it's ace. I wanna use it for my Dart, for the acceleration rails. Ought to help with the kick.
02[19:51] <@Detro> M> No, I'm good. Bao jone. ::finishes up the soup:: And thanks for the soup.
[19:52] <@Marshall> MH> How big is it? It'll fit on a weapon mount, right? ::types a quick query into his PDA about the AWCM-219 and makes a note to order about 10 of them::
01[19:53] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> MH> Beefy! It's gotta hold a Junglemower, right? But I bet it could be scaled down.
02[19:53] <@Delgado> M> Welcome. Just remember to take breaks. Drink something at least once an hour. ::winks at him then pushes herself toward the door, wanting to head back to her secluded closet with her sleeping bag::
[19:54] <@Marshall> MH> Hunh. Might work for some of our other equipment. Think you can help me break it down, miniturize it, and then get to work building a few?
[19:54] <@Birkin> Figure Detro can handle the computer's part of things. Hm. I don't think Juno know's much about the whole ECM thing either. Less its to create a new form of mechanical life out of an ECM pod... Gold huh, how do you want things to shake down in the other squads with Mem gone and me being the new officer?
[19:54] <@Gabriel> Haven't decided, but I've got a half-season or more to get it figured out.
[19:55] <@Gabriel> Also means you're going to have to spend the flight time with your nose in the books. Tactics, advanced leadership, bureaucracy, general orders. You're going to be just as busy as I am. ::grins::
02[19:55] <@Detro> M> ::smiles, but he's decided this is a good spot to stop for now... he grabs a nearby towel and loops it loosely around his neck after patting himself dry::
[19:55] <@Caelin> ::nods and looks back a bit::i think we have everything taken care of here, am i forgetting anything?
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> MH> Problem's that they aren't relasing the autofac codes for the aerogel. Everything else is pretty easy, but that's still patent.
[19:56] <@Delgado> ::idly floats out among the halls toward the cloest, her mind working::
[19:56] <@Birkin> ::nods his head as if enthusiastic about the other things until he hears the bureaucracy and groans slightly:: Bureaucracy. Turn's out once again dad was right. It does make the world go round and I will go farther in life if I get better at it.
[19:56] <@Marshall> MH> But of course. ::had run into this problem before:: Anything similar on the market?
01[19:57] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> I think we have it all. Ambithera's loaded. There's a lot of spare room, with the Spidhra's and Waeps gone.
[19:58] <@Detro> *> ::pushes off carefully -- the strength in his legs is getting there, but the fine motor control is still ragged, making moving around in zero gee that much harder::
01[19:58] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> MH> Nah. I did manage to get the plans for the thing, though. Prophet, I can barely taste this soup. Ugh, space. Kills taste buds dead.
[19:59] <@Marshall> MH> You.. have the plans? You're a saint, you know that? ::grins::
[19:59] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: Welcome to the club.
01[20:00] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> MH> ::Grins a whimsical grin and puts her hands together prayerfully, looking up at the ceiling:: Patron saint of caffiene
[20:01] <@Marshall> MH> ::smirks:: Amen. Let's go talk to Captain Tynes 'bout those electronics.
[20:01] <@Detro> *> ::floats along in the zero gee... it's actually relaxing in its own way, his body free of pressures as he tries to keep his mind the same::
[20:02] <@Caelin> ::nods:: hows about we get some dinner then? i hear the soup is edible ::chuckles::
01[20:03] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> MH> Oh, yeah! We don't have time to waste on this.
[20:03] <@Birkin> Exclusive membership eh? I'd better go repack my reading material. I've got a different set of studying to while we're gone. ::pulls up the data on the diagnostic for him to read later:: Thank you sir. It means a lot coming from you.
01[20:03] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods and gestures at Sleca, which takes a percha atop the Ambithera, like a terrier guard dog on watch::
[20:04] <@Marshall> MH> ::stands, putting his dishes on the cart and holding the door for Juno::
01[20:06] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> MH> ::puts her own dishes away and then hurries to skirt through the door:: Aren't *you* a gentleman?
[20:06] <@Caelin> ::pushes off a nearby rail and starts floating back to the hatch to the main corridor of the station::
[20:06] <@Gabriel> You deserve it, Lieutenant, and what's more, you can handle it. Trickiest part will be building up a little distance. Battlefield promotions are tough, but you've got an edge: the team already respects your capabilities.
[20:08] <@Birkin> ::chuckles:: In all of the unit's I was in before where the Lieutenant wasn't a complete idiot, I remember that's how he did it. Only he had the NCO's it talk with the men and get things from their point of view and maintain his distance. I think Roland is more willing to shoot them then ask them how they feel.
[20:08] <@Detro> *> ::drifts along, letting his mind wander::
[20:09] <@Birkin> ::pauses for a second:: Sir are they gonna move me out of the Talon after this mission? They normally don't keep the same guy in the same unit if they give him this kind of promotion where I come from.
01[20:09] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::tails after Caelin, hand over hand along the rail, reluctant to leave its security for long::
[20:14] <@Detro> *> ::grasping the railing, slides to a halt at the intersection, genuinely unsure of what to do now... he's not exactly in shape to help with much in the way of loading or other work, which leaves... what?
[20:14] <@Marshall> MH> ::smiles:: Now, we just have to find him.
[20:14] <@Gabriel> The Senior Sergeant is a good soldier. Just a bit short on manners. ::thinks of the recent confrontation with Delgado::
01[20:14] <@Savant> Outside, the cargo ship beins to unload, and its manifests are made public. Apparently there was indeed some confusion back in Terranovan orbit. Many of the Talon's parts have been mistakenly sent out to a base on distant Ares.
[20:16] <@Marshall> *> ::snags a copy of the manifests as he walks:: Ares! What the %^&# is our equipment doing on Ares!?
[20:16] <@Detro> *> ::hangs there motionless, looking... lost? After a bit, he turns, heading for their bunkroom::
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> I *told* you, there was a screwup!
[20:17] <@Marshall> *> I bet they're just as pissed about not getting the broccoli.
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> ::Puts her hands to her mouth:: Oh, prophet! I hope they have enough food to make it!
[20:19] <@Detro> *> ::moving slower than most people, he has to keep close to the rail to stay out of their way::
[20:19] <@Birkin> Can't deny that Captain. ::doesn't ask his question again about being forced out:: Will you inform the Talon sir about this change of command or should I?
[20:20] <@Caelin> ::follows the corridor heading for the mess hall, he nods to marshall and juno as they pass::
[20:20] <@Marshall> *> They can eat our smart glue for all I care. It'll be hell going down though.
[20:21] <@Gabriel> Nope, I'll take care of it at end of watch in a couple of hours. I recommend that you determine how many dinars you have in the local credit file, because the troops will expect you to buy them drinks this evening. ::grins::
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods at Juno, and Marshall, and Detro as they pass by::
[20:21] <@Detro> *> ::doesn't seem to really notice anyone he passes::
[20:21] <@Marshall> *> ::returns the nod to Caelin and Scildfreja::
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> Huh. I wonder if you can make it edible somehow? ::rubs her chin::
[20:24] <@Marshall> *> Either one of you seen Captain Tynes?
[20:24] <@Detro> B> ::floats into the "bunkroom", such as one could call it in zero gee::
[20:25] <@Birkin> ::grunts:: The joys of being an officer. Of course I couldn't have gotten this promotion before I went to Ashanti. I'll make sure the Talon gets properly drunk before we head off sir, don't you worry about a thing.
[20:26] <@Caelin> ::glances back a moment with a very puzzled look on his face, then to freja::edible glue?
01[20:26] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> I'm gonna try to dig up what I can on that junglemower gun mount, Marshall. I'll see you back in the shop?
[20:26] <@Detro> B> ::reaches into the webbing next to his bunk and pulls out his data glove... and with a bit of difficulty, gets his legs into his sleep webbing, until he's "sitting" on the wall::
[20:26] <@Birkin> Hmm I'll need a full Mess Dress too. That might have to wait till I get back though.
[20:27] <@Marshall> *> Sure.
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Raises an eyebrow at that, then answers:: He's in the auto bay.
[20:27] <@Gabriel> Very good, Lieutenant. I'll be particularly pleased if you can get Private Delgado and the Senior Sergeant seated at the same table.
[20:27] <@Marshall> *> Thanks. ::continues on to the bay::
[20:29] <@Birkin> ... Before or after their drunk sir?
[20:30] <@Marshall> ::steps up to Tynes and Birkin:: Captain. Adjudant. Sirs. We have a... slight.... problem.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> Either will be fine. ::turns to Marshall:: How slight?
[20:30] <@Marshall> ::offers the manifest copy::
[20:31] <@Detro> B> ::picks up where he left off with his film noir detective novel::
[20:33] <@Marshall> It would seem our spare parts, electronics, and quite a bit of miscelaneous equipment were shipped to Ares by mistake.
[20:33] <@Marshall> We got about 3 metric tons of broccoli instead.
[20:34] <@Gabriel> ::reads through the spec, then frowns:: Well. This isn't ideal. But you're right, it seems relatively minor-- broccoli? ::makes a face:: I hate broccoli.
[20:34] <@Gabriel> Wait. Why in the Prophet's name does someone on Ares want three tons of it?
[20:34] <@Gabriel> No. Never mind. I don't want to know.
[20:35] <@Birkin> That's a lot of soup.
[20:35] <@Marshall> See? That's what I said.
[20:36] <@Detro> B> ::sighs in frustration, the writing not coming to him at all::
[20:37] <@Gabriel> Brocolli soup? I would expect that to be contravened by the rules limiting the use of weapons of mass destruction.
[20:37] <@Birkin> At least it better be for soup. Broccoli in anything other than soup and I'll have to agree with the Captain here.
01[20:37] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> :Watches the Talons from the opposite side of the vehicle bay::
[20:38] <@Gabriel> Very well, then. Thank you, Ranger. I'll see to our equipment. Oh, and I'd recommend not letting Juno anywhere near that brocolli.
[20:39] <@Birkin> Or else it -will- be a weapon of mass destruction.
[20:39] <@Caelin> ::reaches the mess hall and holds the door for freja::
[20:39] <@Marshall> Aye, sir.
[20:41] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement with Birkin, grinning and shaking his head:: Oh, and Ranger, let everyone know that we'll be gathering here in the vehicle bay at end of watch, 1200 hours. I have an announcement I wish to make.
[20:42] <@Marshall> Aye aye, sir.
[20:44] <@Birkin> Maybe we should let Juno do that. Steelgate won't know what hit them. ::pulls up the diagnostic reports and begins to look over it for a second:: Captain if you need me for anything I should be here or catching a few winks at night. I want to make sure this gear is working properly before I take her into the fire.
01[20:44] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Smiles briefly at Caelin and ducks into the mess hall with him::
[20:45] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Very well. ::holds up the manifest:: I believe I'll go see to this.
[20:45] <@Caelin> ::grabs container of soup for both him and handing one to freja before he starts, i assume drinking it through a straw in zero-gee::hmm...
[20:46] <@Gabriel> ::heads out of the vehicle bay to have a conversation with someone about, of all things, brocolli::
01[20:46] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[20:46] <@Savant> not so hard Smile Ease us back in. Now, before I dole out experience and the like, next week.
01[20:47] <@Savant> i don't think we're playing next week Wink
[20:47] <@Marshall> Aw. Why not? =P
01[20:47] <@Savant> how are people for the 1st?
[20:47] <@Birkin> My best friend is coming back for the holidays from Florida.
[20:47] <@Birkin> I'll be exceedingly hungover
[20:47] <@Gabriel> I'll still be in California, but there's a pretty good chance I can make it.
[20:47] <@Birkin> but I'll play
[20:47] <@Marshall> I should be good on the 1st.
[20:48] <@Caelin> Scildfreja>::looks at caelin:: something wrong with the soup? Caelin>::shakes head:: nah the soup isn't bad...would have prefered cream of broccoli though...
01[20:48] <@Savant> eheehee
[20:48] <@Marshall> Irony> ::drops a ton of broccoli on Caelin's head::
01[20:48] <@Savant> Okay. I'll try to run something for the first. I'll try to make it easy for those of you who will be under the weather Wink
[20:48] <@Detro> Irony> Being in zero gee, nothing drops
01[20:49] <@Savant> questions?
[20:50] <@Gabriel> Wow, that was odd. I got a very slight electric shock through my mouse. I think my USB hub just fried itself.
[20:50] <@Caelin> eep
01[20:50] <@Savant> The regular xp questions don't really apply today. I'm going to give you two for being here and for doing well.
01[20:50] <@Savant> shocking, Jester.
[20:50] <@Marshall> ::badum chick::
[20:50] <@Gabriel> And it's back. Weird.
[20:50] <@Delgado> yaa
[20:50] <@Delgado> Can I go be unconscious now?
[20:50] <@Caelin> go get sobered up itz
[20:51] <@Delgado> Weee
[20:51] <@Gabriel> Congrats again, Itz. Smile Excellent news on your new career.
[20:51] <@Delgado> Thanks. =D
02[20:51] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-99-8.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: [22:00] <Savant> i'm like a magnet for fucktards. I emit an electroretardation field. Attracts stupid.)
[20:51] <@Gabriel> I still love that quit message. ::grins:: She catch you at a bad moment, Savant? Wink
[20:51] <@Caelin> lol
01[20:52] <@Savant> i was being witty Wink
01[20:52] <@Savant> it is true, though. so very true
01[20:52] <@Savant> what're you gonna do about your missing equipment?
[20:53] <@Gabriel> Have a chat with a spacer somewhere, see what its delta-v is. Isn't Ares where the new space combat unit is forming up?
[20:53] <@Detro> Kill the equivalent of the S2 in the quartermaster corps?
[20:53] <@Gabriel> Might be a good place to visit anyway.
[20:54] <@Marshall> Roadtrip?
01[20:54] <@Savant> Ares is a planet Wink
[20:54] <@Gabriel> I know it's a planet.
01[20:54] <@Savant> oh, sorry. misread
[20:54] <@Marshall> Spacetrip?
01[20:54] <@Savant> i'll do some reading, get you a delta vee, we'll see if it's doable.
[20:54] <@Birkin> Someone there must -really- love Broccoli
[20:54] <@Birkin> The CO must apparently think his unit needs more of it
01[20:55] <@Savant> Zeus's delta vee is something like 11m/s
[20:55] <@Detro> I call bullshit, and that it's the CEF spy mucking around with things
[20:55] <@Detro> Unless that really IS three tons of freeze-dried broccoli. Assuming astronauts still do freeze dried in the future
[20:55] <@Detro> Or maybe my mind really did short out and this whole thread of what I just said should be ignored. Please.
[20:57] <@Birkin> 2 expees?
[20:57] <@Caelin> 2
01[20:57] <@Savant> that it is
[20:57] <@Gabriel> Oh, yeah, that. +1 PSY, +1 Stealth
[20:57] <@Caelin> +1 PSY, +1 Combatsense(cpx)
[20:57] <@Detro> 1 into IW, 1 into computers
[20:58] <@Gabriel> If ever there were a time to beg for 2 into IW, this is it. Wink
[20:58] <@Marshall> +1 FIT, +1 CS
[20:58] <@Birkin> +1 INF +1 Bank
[20:58] <@Detro> What justification do I have for it? I can either learn to walk again, or I can train intenstely in IW.
01[20:59] <@Savant> approved, Gabriel, Caelin, Marshall, Birkin.
01[20:59] <@Savant> let's tie it on up. Well done all.
01[20:59] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:32] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:32] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:32] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Depths -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. The Depths in Session'
[18:32] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:32] <@Detro> ::Nein!::
[18:32] <@Birkin> ::attn::
[18:33] <@Marshall> ::attn::
01[18:33] <@Savant> i think i have everyone's attention here
[18:33] <@Delgado> ::durr::
[18:33] <@Caelin> ::attn::
01[18:33] <@Savant> good evening and welcome to yet another episode of the Black Talons. I'm your host.
01[18:34] <@Savant> We know what's going on, as we're testing out a brand new voice stream for this game.
01[18:34] <@Savant> So let's skip right to the briefing.
01[18:34] <@Savant> The Depths
01[18:34] <@Savant> 37 Winter TN1946, 2300h - Late Afternoon
01[18:34] <@Savant> Greater Blessed Asteroid Belt, Loki System
01[18:34] <@Savant> 09 Kelvin, hard radiation (0.2 Rads/hr)
01[18:34] <@Savant> Through the Breach. Once again through the gate to Caprice, and not alone this time - several fast troop transports and specially constructed destroyers escort you through the inaugural usage of the Zeus gate. Everything went without a hitch, and losses through the Gate itself were negligible. It was apparent, though, that the CEF is quickly shoring up that gates' defenses; free rides will be harder to come by in the future.
01[18:34] <@Savant> Now the long arc around the star to the rendezvous. This will involve two passes through the Greater Blessed Asteroid Belt as Pathfinder dips close to Loki and around again. A quick slingshot around the sun to your target.
01[18:34] <@Savant> But what's this? On your first transit through the system's broad major asteroid belt, Macedon appears to have picked up a CEF listening post within sortie range of one of the Whipsnakes. And you know how the Captain loves a good sortie...
01[18:34] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:34] <@Gabriel> We are?
01[18:34] <@Savant> :O
01[18:34] <@Savant> we are?
[18:34] <@Birkin> ack
[18:34] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:35] <@Detro> ack
[18:35] <@Delgado> ack
01[18:36] <@Savant> any questions?
[18:36] <@Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:36] <@Gabriel> Smile
[18:36] <@Detro> aaaaaachh...aaaaahhh... ack
01[18:36] <@Savant> what is your question?
01[18:39] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:40] <@Savant> The Whipsnake glides almost silently - engines are off now, and the crammed spacecraft is drifting like a black dart towards its' target
[18:41] <@Gabriel> ::checks over the new and massive armor that he's wearing experimentally, checking its mobility::
01[18:41] <@Savant> Jeremi has been playing hopscotch on the approach - he has been jogging the engines whenever the sensor sweeps of the station have passed nearby. It appears, for the most part, to have worked.
[18:41] <@Detro> ::looks at the sensor displays:: Huh. Ugly SOB. But it's definitely there. Hot, ready, and waiting. ::Grin::
[18:42] <@Birkin> ::sits in the cockpit of the whipsnake in the weapons seat, looking over his options and what's ahead of him::
[18:43] <@Delgado> ::just sits, waiting for them to blow up::
[18:44] <@Gabriel> Finish suiting up, everyone. ::pulls a gyroc pistol off the rack and checks it, then holsters it::
[18:44] <@Gabriel> +com+ How we doing, Jeremi?
01[18:44] <@Savant> The station begins to cool, abruptly, and two broad hot "wings" on either side of it begin to fold inwards
[18:45] <@Detro> ::keeps tracking passive results as they close:: Not exactly something designed to be hidden, is it?
01[18:45] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ pretty good, Cap. Engines are cool so far.
[18:46] <@Detro> Hmm... Target showing rapid cooling. Could be venting their atmo.
[18:46] <@Delgado> ::gets the rest of her gear together and mutters softly to herself::
[18:46] <@Gabriel> Have they spotted us?
[18:46] <@Detro> ::a beat:: Not really sure.
[18:47] <@Gabriel> Right. +com+ Lieutenant, target outbound antennas and fire.
[18:48] <@Birkin> +com+ Captain, you just made my day ::targets the Antenna and squeezes off a railgun round::
01[18:49] <@Savant> The station's delicate heat sinks crumple, and the station itself cools at a less rapid pace as a result.
[18:50] <@Birkin> +com+ Antenna destroyed sir.
01[18:50] <@Savant> Almost simultaneously, there's a little burst of heat that pops out from the station, heading "upwards" relative to your spacecraft. It seems like a missile of some sort, and it's broadcasting, loudly.
[18:51] <@Detro> ::blinks as the sensors shift focus:: Pod deployment!
[18:52] <@Gabriel> +com+ Kill it!
[18:52] <@Birkin> ::draws a bead on the missle that appears up on his sensors:: +com+ On it ::targets and destroys the Pod with the rail guns::
[18:52] <@Birkin> +com+ Pod destroyed
[18:53] <@Gabriel> +com+ Jeremi, I'd say stealth is now irrelevant. Let's finish our charge here, drop us down their throat, then hang back half a click and stand by to pick us up.
01[18:53] <@Savant> The pod follows suit, barely making a pop of an explosion before the radio noise goes dead. it was awfully loud for awhile there, though.
[18:53] <@Detro> ::grins at the console:: Nice shooting.
[18:53] <@Gabriel> ::to those around him:: Helmets on! +com+ Lieutenant, Sergent, you're our reserve. Hit the station as soon as the Whipsnake is on station.
01[18:53] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Woo hoo! Uh, sir. ::pushes the throttle forward gently::
[18:54] <@Gabriel> ::pulls on his own helmet and starts checking over the others::
[18:54] <@Marshall> ::pulls on his helmet and offers a thumbs up::
[18:54] <@Detro> ::is locked, strapped, and safe, in case of air loss::
01[18:54] <@Savant> The Whipsnake surges forward, and then spins to decelerate alongside the station, stopping alongside and "beneath".
[18:55] <@Caelin> ::sets his helmet in place and seals up the armiger::
[18:55] <@Delgado> ::puts on her helmet and waits for the 'hell' to break loose::
[18:55] <@Gabriel> ::pulls a gyroc rifle from the rack, then a ripper staff, then checks the folded grapple gun at his thigh::
[18:55] <@Marshall> ::grabs a pistol and places it in his holster followed by a gyroc rifle::
[18:56] <@Delgado> ::grabs a pistol along with everyone else and holsters it::
[18:56] <@Birkin> ::looks up from the weapons seat in the back to Jeremi:: You get anywhere with that pilot?
[18:57] <@Marshall> ::checks his tech gear:: Good to go.
01[18:57] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Got a phone number.
[18:57] <@Gabriel> ::once everyone is helmeted and sealed, hits the bomb bay door release and starts cycling the hatch::
[18:57] <@Caelin> ::checks his rifle and and waits at the hatch::
[18:57] <@Detro> +com+ If you guys get a chance, set up a repeater for me, I can try to hack them from here. Maybe.
[18:57] <@Detro> ::looks at their pilot::
[18:58] <@Birkin> +com+ Too bad you'll be a cycle or two in calling her back eh?
01[18:58] <@Savant> The black of space. For being an asteroid belt there isn't much out here. That's really the way asteroid belts are. TRhe station is a shiny grey block with many spars and studs sticking out of it from two sides, like a manic insect.
[18:59] <@Gabriel> ::to Marshall:: +com+ Be ready to override the airlock.
01[18:59] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Yeah, but hey, it's good to keep in practice. Maybe I'll me some hot utopian chicks or something.
[18:59] <@Marshall> ::nods::
[19:00] <@Gabriel> ::as an afterthought, grabs a trio of the new HE grenades and stows them in the left thigh pouch::
[19:00] <@Gabriel> +com+ Birkin, stand by on the Whipsnake's laser cannon. Target the airlock opening.
[19:01] <@Birkin> +com+ Aye sir. ::draws up a bead on the airlock manually::
01[19:01] <@Savant> The station is still and quiet - it seems like there aren't many weapons on the exterior of the station.
[19:01] <@Birkin> +com+ Yeah good point, doesn't pay to get rusty. They're so -white- too. That'll be new and interesting.
[19:02] <@Gabriel> ::pushes off toward the airlock door, rifle in one hand and stowing his ripper with the other::
[19:03] <@Detro> ::shakes his head at Jeremi:: Trust me, offworld romances? High cost. ::grins::
01[19:03] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Exotic! awe yeah. Romances, naah.
[19:03] <@Gabriel> ::looks for exterior cameras or windows around the airlock::
[19:03] <@Birkin> +com+ Like two strangers... Passing in the night.
[19:04] <@Detro> ::does another check of the sensors, and looks for signals to jam::
[19:05] <@Gabriel> +com+ Marshall, right side camera. ::aims and fires his rifle at the left one::
[19:05] <@Marshall> ::pulls the pistol and fires::
01[19:07] <@Savant> One camera is obliterated and turned into a tiny crater. The second one is blackened by the back blast of the tiny gyroc missile as it impacts the frame just beside it.
[19:08] <@Marshall> ::reholsters the pistol::
[19:08] <@Gabriel> ::draws the grapple gun from the right thigh pouch and brings up the magnetic grapple::
[19:10] <@Detro> ::keeps the station under a blanket of warm fuzzy ECM::
[19:10] <@Gabriel> ::hooks the grapple gun to his waist and connects the magnetic clamp to the station itself:: +com+ Marshall, bypass it.
[19:10] <@Caelin> ::takes position near the hatch to fire on whatever appears behind::
[19:10] <@Marshall> ::moves to override the door::
01[19:16] <@Savant> The Talons find their entrance to the station to be rather unusual - it's got a round "knob" inset into the frame of the station and a small black box just above it. No keypad or anything similar.
[19:22] <@Marshall> It's got some kind of a card reader. I think that I can override it with the security bypass kit. Let me give it a try.
01[19:24] <@Savant> Try as he might, he simply can't seem to get the door to open. The light atop the keybox blinks orange each time he tries it.
03[19:24] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
03[19:24] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[19:24] <@Gabriel> ::nods, still floating near the left camera::
01[19:24] <@Savant> The station shudders imperceptibly, and another rocket shoots out into space.
[19:24] <@Detro> WS> +com+ She'
[19:24] <@Detro> WS> 's launched another pod!
[19:24] <@Birkin> ::cracks his knuckles:: +com+ Another rocket sir.
[19:24] <@Gabriel> +com+ Don't wait for me. Kill 'em.
[19:25] <@Detro> WS> This is ridiculous. We need to take that launcher out.
[19:25] <@Birkin> ::targets the next drone as it pops out and destroys it::
01[19:25] <@Savant> BOMM. Another RF drone explodes in a wimpy pop of electronics and plastic.
[19:25] <@Birkin> +com+ Destroyed sir. Jermei did you see where that thing came out?
[19:26] <@Detro> WS> ::starts looking at his scans, looking for residual launch heat to track the launcher down::
[19:26] <@Gabriel> ::watches Marshall growing increasingly desperate:: +com+ Birkin, stand by on that laser cannon.
[19:27] <@Birkin> +com+ Reaquiring lock on the door sir ::drawing the sights back to the door::
01[19:27] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Yeah, other side of the station, sir.
[19:28] <@Marshall> ::frustrated, he opens the little black box::
01[19:30] <@Savant> The little black box is filled with, amazingly, wires. It takes Marshall a moment to figure out how everything is layed out before he's got it set.
[19:30] <@Birkin> +com+ Detro you got any info on where that launcher is?
[19:31] <@Marshall> ::crosses the wires in the right fashion and opens the door::
[19:31] <@Detro> WS> +com+ Yup. Jeremi's nailed where it is.
[19:32] <@Gabriel> ::as the door starts to open:: +com+ Lieutenant, be ready on that laser cannon. I might want you to clear a beachhead for us.
01[19:32] <@Savant> The little light blinks green a few times and then the door rolls to the side. Inside is an incredibly solid, heavy, and roomy airlock, with a second door ont he other side.
[19:33] <@Marshall> ::takes cover behind the door::
[19:33] <@Birkin> ::looks down his sights at the second door::
[19:33] <@Gabriel> ::watches Marshall cowering for a moment, amused::
[19:33] <@Gabriel> +com+ Marshall, there's one more door. Get on it. ::waves::
[19:34] <@Marshall> Oh yeah. Right.
[19:34] <@Birkin> +com+ see if you can keep this outer door open as well.
[19:34] <@Marshall> ::surveys the airloack inner door::
[19:34] <@Gabriel> ::moves up to cover him with his rifle, waving Caelin up to cover the other side::
[19:34] <@Marshall> <<airlock>>
[19:35] <@Caelin> ::moves ahead into the airlock as well and takes position
[19:35] <@Caelin> ::
01[19:35] <@Savant> The Talons start heading inside, walking along with their electrokinetic grips until they are met with a door of similar dimensions to the first.
[19:36] <@Birkin> +com+ Captain we have a location on the launcher. Permission to move and disable the drone launcher before they get another chance to send out a cry for help.
[19:36] <@Marshall> Right. ::pushes the cycle button::
[19:36] <@Gabriel> +com+ Hold position for now, Lieutenant. Once we're in and have a beachhead, permission granted.
[19:37] <@Birkin> ::looks to see if anyone is on the other side of the bulkhead::
01[19:37] <@Savant> The air intake whines a little bit as it spits out a little bit of atmosphere into the void, and then the door begins to roll aside as the first did.
[19:38] <@Gabriel> +com+ Atmo's been cleared. Be ready.
01[19:40] <@Savant> The interior is roughly spherical, and of very, very durable construction. It's clear the interior of this station is a radiaiton shelter for the crew to hide in during solar flares. There are two doors, one on either side, and both are open.
[19:43] <@Gabriel> +com+ Move in. We're grenade fodder in here. ::waves the team forward::
[19:45] <@Detro> WS> ::continues to blanket the station in ECM, watching for any more launches or signs of egress::
01[19:49] <@Savant> A laser blast snaps silently out from a doorway, slicing tidily through an exposed portion under the arm of Caelin's Armiger, in one side and out the other.
01[19:50] <@Savant> A second later, a pair of metal canisters, likely grenades, rattle out silently into the rad shelter.
[19:50] <@Caelin> ::moves into the room and immediately feels a piercing pain in his side::AGH!
[19:55] <@Gabriel> ::moves in a bit, spots the source of the laser blast, and takes a rifle shot at it::
[19:56] <@Caelin> ::tries to shrug off the pain as he eyes the grenade, then pushes towards it, swinging the armiger's arm out to bat the cylinder back at the grel::
01[19:56] <@Savant> Gabriel's shot blackens the heavy door frame and jets across the Gabriel's masked and heavily armoured faceplate; she pulls inside behind her slice of the door quickly to avoid most of the impact.
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::moves in and finds cover behind the atmospheric processor::
01[19:56] <@Savant> ((woops, gfd.))
01[19:59] <@Savant> Caelin bats the grenade back, and while the shot isn't perfect enough to get the grenade right through the door where it came from, he does manage to rattle it down through the side of the shelter
[20:01] <@Gabriel> ::checks the opening at his flank, then moves in to fire on the Morgana::
[20:01] <@Birkin> +com+ Jeremi lets go deal with that launcher.
[20:02] <@Gabriel> ::fires twice on the Morgana::
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Let's roll, chief. On it.
[20:04] <@Gabriel> ::takes cover behind the atmosphere processor:: +com+ Flanking fire! Caelin, fall back! Delgado, get in cover behind that airlock door! Marshall, see if you can flank her over this processor!
01[20:04] <@Savant> The Morgana keeps pressed into her hidey-hole, an exposed arm blackened with one of the shots; it begins oozing a whitish paste to keep the vacuum from getting in, or the air from getting out. Or the morgana bits form getting out. Otherwise, it's hard to tell what's been accomplished
[20:04] <@Gabriel> <<Suppressing fire, rather>>
[20:04] <@Detro> WS> ::Growls as his ECM drops:: Oh no you don't... ::shifts frequency and phase patterns to the b inputs and tries to restablish the jamming::
[20:05] <@Caelin> ::after getting his balance again, he limps back to the airlock::
[20:07] <@Caelin> ::makes that a fighting retreat and fires a shot through the opening at the grel::
[20:08] <@Gabriel> +com+ Watch for snipers!
01[20:10] <@Savant> As Marshall appears overtop the edge of the processor, another laser blast zops out and spikes through his thigh.
[20:12] <@Detro> WS> ::winces:: Need to disable their ECCM systems. Or at least damage them...
[20:12] <@Marshall> Gyahh.. ::pulls up his gyroc rifle and returns fire::
01[20:13] <@Savant> The Morgana is under some fairly serious fire now, and she has pretty much buried herself completely behind her cover.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> ::watches as his two best fighters get holed:: +com+ Whipsnake, encountering heavy resistance.
[20:14] <@Detro> WS> +com+ Encountering heavy ECCM resistance ourselves. ::Frowns::
[20:15] <@Birkin> +com+ Removing the Drone launcher sir. We'll be back after that.
01[20:15] <@Savant> The Morgana is blackened by gyrocs, but she's still moving. It's ahrd to tell how hurt she is.
[20:16] <@Gabriel> ::thinks to himself that if this little listening post has much more than a couple of Morganas, the team is in serious trouble::
01[20:18] <@Savant> Marshall is apparently feeling the adrenaline here - he squares a shot on that Morgana that just cored out his leg and takes a shot. It impacts her centre of mass, just at two armour seam joints. The blast isn't that big, but she flies backwards, immobile.
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Okay, coming right around....
[20:20] <@Delgado> ::hurries over to Caelin, cursing loudly:: +com+ Get that damn Whipsnake here now, Jeremi! We have a man down!
01[20:21] <@Savant> The Whipsnake, meanwhile, zips around the forest of spars and sensors to a cyllindrical port, looks like a missile port.
[20:21] <@Caelin> ::raises a hand to delgado::+com+wait, my armiger has a first aid system
[20:22] <@Birkin> Hello there my pretty... ::ignoring Delgado as he shoots the missle port with the railgun::
01[20:23] <@Savant> The stations' drone launcher suffers a very predictable failiure.
[20:24] <@Birkin> +com+ Detro, find me your nemesis array. I'll take it out for you.
[20:24] <@Delgado> ::starts to tend to Caelin then hesitates as he calls out:: +com+ It does? How are you right now then? What did it do? ::reminds herself to have a 'talk' later with Scildfreja::
[20:25] <@Gabriel> ::watches Marshall's and the grenade's course start to merge:: +com+ Watch out!
[20:25] <@Marshall> Huh oh! ::dodges::
01[20:26] <@Savant> The grenade goes off with an impressive thump - everyone can hear it simply from the concussive wave and the shrapnel.
[20:28] <@Detro> WS> +com+ Right. ::starts looking for the array::
01[20:29] <@Savant> When the dust clears there is tiny fragments everywhere, like sand, and both Tynes and Marshall are unharmed. Their suits are a little scored up, but entirely unharmed.
[20:32] <@Detro> WS> +com+ Got it. ::passes the coordinates to Jeremi and Birkin::
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ There it is, I'm sweeping to target...
[20:33] <@Birkin> ::takes this quality time here to take two shots across the primary communications dome and the ECCM array:: +com+ ECCM array silenced and one of their COM domes are down.
[20:34] <@Marshall> +com+ I need a medic... ::breath breath::
01[20:35] <@Savant> The Whipsnake sweeps about to face the spires and the railgun opens up with an impressive battery of fire. It rips through the station like a chainsaw and tears off one of the entire spires. The whole station starts to tumble lazily.
[20:36] <@Caelin> ::as the adrenaline kicks in, he pulls himself back up to the inner airlock to attempt to provide some cover fire::
[20:36] <@Birkin> +com+ Take us back to the barn Jeremi, we're needed for extraction.
[20:37] <@Birkin> <<not barn the airlock>>
[20:37] <@Gabriel> ::opens the left thigh pouch, removes two of his three grenades, and pitches them hard into the Morgana room, hoping for a lot of ricochets::
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Sure thing chief. Want me to get our nose in there?
[20:38] <@Gabriel> +com+ Fire in the hole!
[20:38] <@Birkin> +com+ Yeah. Lets give them something to think about
[20:38] <@Marshall> ::ducks back a little bit::
01[20:41] <@Savant> There's a horrible thump again, though contained and apparently distant. It makes the station shiver, but little more. Red bits float out from into view behind the covered Morgana.
[20:42] <@Birkin> +com+ Captain, coming back nose first. Where do you want the covering fire.
[20:42] <@Gabriel> +com+ Get in here. We could use some backup.
[20:44] <@Caelin> ::after the grenades go off, pops a shot at the grel still up::
[20:44] <@Birkin> +com+ On it sir. ::switches to pilot com:: You heard the man Jeremi, take me in so I can go out via the bay.
01[20:45] <@Savant> This Morgana is smart, and keeps her head down. She stays behind cover, instead whipping out another grenade of her own.
01[20:48] <@Savant> Meanwhile, from the other side of the shelter come two more Morgana in their heavy armour, packing BILs and an irritable attitude.
01[20:49] <@Savant> The two flanking GREL begin to open up on the two rearmost Talons, Delgado and Caelin.
[20:50] <@Delgado> ::takes a stutter step backwards at the sheer surprise of being fired at and then more surprise at living:: +com+ Son of a bitch!
[20:51] <@Caelin> ::a light flickers in the corner of his eye and he turns just in time to to have a laser barely scar the armiger's plating::
01[20:53] <@Savant> A half second later the grenade goes off in the middle of the Talons. The Morganas are pressing hard.
[20:53] <@Gabriel> +com+ Birkin, Detro, anything to your left as you come in is an enemy. Kill it!
[20:53] <@Birkin> +com+ Scratch the bay Jermei, take us in nose first.
[20:55] <@Gabriel> ::sees the Morganas behind him, tosses his rifle away and pops the blade free from his ripper:: +com+ Morganas directly behind me. Cover me!
[20:56] <@Detro> WS> ::locks his system down and reaches for the cutting BIL and grenades in nearby webbing::
01[20:59] <@Savant> The Whipsnake appears suddenly in the airlock hatch. Jeremi is apparently skilled enough that he is able to park the sleek hull of the beast directly beside the doctor. She can see the gleaming lens of the anti-ship laser almost close enough to touch.
02[21:00] * @LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) Quit (raisin.hub.us.blitzed.org sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org)
01[21:00] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ There'e is! She is! Oh, hey doc.
02[21:00] * @Marshall (~thunderch@c-68-51-41-49.hsd1.ar.comcast.net) Quit (raisin.hub.us.blitzed.org sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org)
02[21:00] * @Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-99-8.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (raisin.hub.us.blitzed.org sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org)
02[21:00] * Kt (~Kt@ip72-213-197-27.pn.at.cox.net) Quit (raisin.hub.us.blitzed.org sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org)
03[21:02] * Marcy (~thunderch@c-68-51-41-49.hsd1.ar.comcast.net) has joined #BT05
03[21:02] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
03[21:02] * Kt (~Kt@ip72-213-197-27.pn.at.cox.net) has joined #bt05
03[21:02] * Itz|Away (~sindari@c-24-10-99-8.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[21:02] * sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org sets mode: +oo LrdVampyre Itz|Away
03[21:02] * ChanServ sets mode: -o Itz|Away
03[21:02] * Savant sets mode: +o Marcy
03[21:02] * Marcy is now known as Marshall
[21:02] <@Birkin> ::decides for a new technique and turns the whipsnake laser on the morgana, firing into her chest::
[21:03] <@Delgado> ::stumbles again as a huge goddamn piece of metal that is the Whipsnake nose appears right next to her:: +com+ Jeremi, if you happen to not crush me within the next few minutes I'll owe you a long spongebath.
01[21:03] <@Savant> The Morgana turns sharply just in time to feel an overwhelming heat. She passes out and does not see her torso disintegrate into black powdery ash.
01[21:04] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Have you seen me fly yet, doc?
[21:04] <@Gabriel> ::sees a blinding flash of light reflected off the nearby wall, but doesn't have time to investigate it just now::
[21:05] <@Delgado> ::tries to keep some space between the wall and the Whipsnake, her voice edged with nervousness:: +com+ No, but I'm getting a -great- view right now. Keep it up. ... Please.
[21:06] <@Birkin> +com+ One GREL splashed sir.
[21:06] <@Gabriel> ::pushes off the wall, launching himself at the opening, ready to either spear or sword-slash the Morgana::
[21:07] <@Detro> WS> ::drops out of the Whipsnake as Birkin's shot finishes up, and zooms through the airlock, right behind it, firing the BIL at the remaining GREL::
[21:07] <@Marshall> ::pushes off right behind Tynes and follows him into the room::
01[21:08] <@Savant> Detro hurtles out of the Whipsnake and towards the closest Morgana, who pulls a vicious hooked knife from a sheathe as she pivots to intercept him.
01[21:09] <@Savant> Meanwhile Gabriel charges the holed-up Morgana, who grabs his ripper staff and locks into a terrible wrestling match with him. The two of them go pinballing off.
01[21:13] <@Savant> Marshall joins the twisting, stabbing, murderous fray, driving his weapon into a join between two plates of armour. She doesn't start wriggling in death throes as you might hope, but blood starts spattering out eratically
[21:13] <@Marshall> ::comes in, observing the Morgana and Tynes in a bit of a duel. The knife flies out and slams into the Morgana's chest::
[21:15] <@Caelin> ::pushes ahead and pulls out the electromace, sparks flying::
01[21:19] <@Savant> The mace slams into the poor beleaguered Morgana's arm, which crumples under the blow. She pulls her knife out with her unwounded left arm and spikes it into the collar of Caelin's suit.
[21:20] <@Caelin> ::once he gets close enough he swings the mace around, connecting the unsuspecting grel::
01[21:22] <@Savant> The two morgana fight back, but they aren't able to land their shots. Caelin's opponent manages to shove her knife in between the armour plates, but not hard enough to pierce the heavy ballistic cloth suit beneath.
01[21:23] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Don't you worry, Doc. This is easy, nothing really moving much. No wind to worry about.
[21:27] <@Detro> ::snaps the magnetics on his feet and locks down on the floor, firing the BIL again once he's "landed"::
[21:28] <@Gabriel> ::slashes at the Morgana, then pushes off toward the wall::
01[21:30] <@Savant> Gabriel's attack fails, horribly, he doesn't account for hte lack of gravity and sweeps way too hard. His opponnet stabs down with her knife along his shoulder, which gouges hard against his armour but doesn't quite pierce it
[21:31] <@Gabriel> ::swears, then pushes toward cover to check he and Marshall's flank::
[21:31] <@Birkin> ::gets out of the whipsnake after getting a BIL:: +com+ Stay on station Jeremi. Hopefully this won't take long.
01[21:32] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ Got it. So what's goin on, Doc? This your first zee-gee-fight?
[21:33] <@Marshall> ::just to finish things off, he slams the knife home again::
[21:33] <@Delgado> ::continues to use the Whipsnake as cover, idly amazed at her little pocket of zen in the corner:: +com+ I wouldn't exactly call this a fight from -my- end. ... Not that I'm complaining.
01[21:35] <@Savant> MArshall sees an opening and takes it; he shoves his knife up, skittering along her breastplate and under her chin. It catches just inside the suit ring and slams in deep, about to the hilt. Her body follows along like a dead weight.
[21:37] <@Caelin> ::watches the knife clank off his armiger and he swings the mace down on her again::
01[21:38] <@Savant> The last remaining Morgana drives her knife into the Armiger's armour joints, but again, without much effect. Caelin's weapon comes down on her shoulder, and she is pounded towards the floor, bouncing like a rag doll.
[21:38] <@Gabriel> +com+ Clear!
[21:39] <@Gabriel> +com+ ::quieter:: Messy, but clear...
[21:39] <@Detro> ::sketches off a salute to Caelin with the BIL:: +com+ Clear. Nice work, Caelin.
[21:39] <@Marshall> ::removes the knife from the neck of the Morgana, blood exploding from the wound initially::
[21:39] <@Birkin> ::slings his BIL after hearing that all threats have been neutralized and moves over to hils GREL, tearing off a peices of the seared armor from the Morgana and puts it into one of his pockets::
01[21:39] <@Savant> The station is relatively quiet - it's hard to tell what activity there is with no atmosphere. There's a slight vibration from the power sources and machinery, but otherwise it is as still as a tomb.
[21:40] <@Delgado> ::slowly makes her way out from behind the Whipsnake and pokes her head around the corner to look into the main room and all the dead bodies and floating chunks of red:: +com+ ..... Damn.
[21:40] <@Caelin> ::takes a pained breath and visibly slumps a bit in his armiger, he doesn't respond to detro, he just turns and slowly makes his way back to the whipsnake::
[21:41] <@Delgado> ::follows after Caelin:: +com+ All injured board the Whip.
[21:41] <@Detro> ::as Caelin turns, he sees the damage done to him, and winces... Delgado will have to tend to him, as he needs to check the other rooms::
[21:41] <@Gabriel> +com+ Marshall, Detro, let's see what we've learned. Delgado, check Caelin and Marshall.
01[21:41] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::Holds the Whipsnake perfectly steady::
[21:41] <@Detro> +com+ Checking out the rooms on this side already.
[21:42] <@Gabriel> +com+ Birkin, Marshall, sweep the facility. See what there is to see.
[21:43] <@Birkin> ::unslings his BIL and begins to sweet of the facility:: +com+ Yes sir.
02[21:43] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-99-8.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: [22:00] <Savant> i'm like a magnet for fucktards. I emit an electroretardation field. Attracts stupid.)
[21:43] <@Gabriel> ::starts his own sweep of the facility::
03[21:44] * Detro sets mode: +o Itz|Away
[21:45] <@Detro> ::spots flashing computer bits and heads towards them::
03[21:45] * Itz|Away is now known as Delgado
[21:45] <@Marshall> ::interfaces his computer directly with the main computers on the station::
[21:46] <@Detro> ::steps up to the equipment he's found::
[21:47] <@Birkin> ::stretches out a bit, gathering up what he can find for gear and towing it into the whipsnake, sifting through the remains of the two humans::
01[21:48] <@Savant> The station is still. The bodies quickly stiffen, those bodies which are still in one piece at least.
[21:49] <@Marshall> ::bypasses the security to find out if the station got off a distress call::
[21:49] <@Detro> ::taps into the computer systems, looking for comm logs first::
[21:51] <@Detro> ::looks to see what messages are stored in the system::
[21:51] <@Birkin> Hey officers pistols ::pockets those::
[21:52] <@Delgado> ::boards the WS with Caelin then takes her helmet off before fetching her medkit:: Start stripping, Caelin. I can't treat you in that tin can.
[21:52] <@Detro> ::reaches into a pouch on his suit and drags out a data line, connecting it to the computers, pulling down encryption and FOF codes::
[21:53] <@Detro> ::also looks for information regarding traffic in and out of the area::
[21:54] <@Birkin> +com+ We -had- a Lieutenant and a Corporal here. God damn he must have pissed in someones breakfast to get assigned here.
[21:54] <@Gabriel> ::finishes his own sweep:: +com+ Marshall, got a couple of lock-boxes in the officer's cubby.
[21:54] <@Marshall> +com+ On my way.
[21:54] <@Caelin> ::limps back into the WS and after the compartment repressurizes he starts slowing getting himself out of hs armiger, wincing at the pain as he does so::
[21:55] <@Birkin> +com+ Got a few bloody keycards here in the Officers pants
[21:55] <@Marshall> +com+ Might as well try them before I get all my gear out.
[21:56] <@Detro> ::goes skimming through the computers:: Hmm. Nice to not have much in the way of countermeasures.
[21:56] <@Birkin> ::wipes the gore off of the cards and offers them to the Captain:: Here, this is what I Found.
[21:57] <@Detro> ::finishes transfering the data:: That's it. Everything but the officer's porn stash.
[21:58] <@Birkin> +com+ Hey Jeremi. You and I have to paint a half a Morgana on that bird of yours. I even got a bit of the armor from her if you want half for a trophy.
01[21:59] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> +com+ That's okay, chief. But I *will* put on a stencil. Some bomber nosecone art would look nice on this bird.
[21:59] <@Detro> ::emerges from the equipment alcove... as he passes by the dead Morgana, he gives it a good kick::
[21:59] <@Gabriel> +com+ Nice work, everybody. That was a little hairy. Let's clean this place out and get moving.
[21:59] <@Caelin> ::sighs a bit as delgado takes a look at the wound::freja isn't gonna let me hear the end of this....
01[21:59] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[22:01] <@Savant> there we go. All is well, apparently. I think this was a success and we will try doing it next fight as well.
[22:01] <@Birkin> Awesome
01[22:01] <@Savant> experience points. One is for teamwork. tell me about teamwork.
[22:02] <@Detro> The Whipsnake Save
[22:02] <@Birkin> That was a point of awesome
[22:04] <@Gabriel> Everybody operated in pairs, everybody did a pretty good job of covering each other.
01[22:04] <@Savant> one for teamwork. Well done on that. Two is for storyline. learn anything fun? LEarn anything important?
[22:04] <@Gabriel> That depends entirely on what's in the computer. How new is this station? Why are there four electronic warfare people with four freakin' guards! Wink
[22:05] <@Gabriel> Er, 2 electronic warfare people, rather.
[22:05] <@Birkin> We learned that Morgana die when a Whipsnake laser is applied to them.
[22:05] <@Gabriel> I was expecting the other way around, or at least a Kassandra or two instead of four Morganas. Wink
01[22:06] <@Savant> Well, the Earthers have a lot of spare GREL right now Wink
[22:06] <@Caelin> also learned that caelin's mace was seriously OP:)
01[22:09] <@Savant> that is a good set of replies. two points total. three for being in a combat. Four.... what will four be for?
01[22:10] <@Savant> that's four points for everyone, well done!
01[22:10] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:36] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:36] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:36] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Depths -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. The Depths in Session'
[18:36] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:36] <@Birkin> ::Attn::
[18:36] <@Marshall> ::attn::
[18:36] <@Detro> ::attn::
03[18:36] * Savant` (~mouse@S01060021297e5857.fm.shawcable.net) has left #bt05
01[18:37] <@Savant> good evening and welcome to yet another episode of the Black Talons. I'm your host. Pradon my poor connection please.
[18:37] <@Detro> ...and spelling. Smile
06[18:37] * @Savant staples Detro's feet to the floor with a nail gun
06[18:37] * @Detro notices no change in his condition
01[18:37] <@Savant> no skype tonight, it's not needed.
06[18:37] * @Savant staples Detro's jaw to the floor with a nail gun
[18:38] <@Marshall> ::winces::
01[18:38] <@Savant> let's have ourselves a good ole fashioned briefing, shall we?
01[18:38] <@Savant> The Depths
01[18:38] <@Savant> 5 Spring TN1946, 3200h - Night
01[18:38] <@Savant> Greater Blessed Asteroid Belt, Loki System
01[18:38] <@Savant> 09 Kelvin, hard radiation (0.2 Rads/hr)
01[18:38] <@Savant> Time to make contact. Once again through the gate to Caprice, and not alone this time - several fast troop transports and specially constructed destroyers escort you through the inaugural usage of the Zeus gate. Everything went without a hitch, and losses through the Gate itself were negligible. It was apparent, though, that the CEF is quickly shoring up that gates' defenses; free rides will be harder to come by in the future.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Now the long arc around the star to the rendezvous. This will involve two passes through the Greater Blessed Asteroid Belt as Pathfinder dips close to Loki and around again. A quick slingshot around the sun to your target.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Your first pass through the Belt had a small amount of profit in it, found when the Talons raided a CEF listening post. That went rather well, though there are those amongst you who have sustained serious injury from the encounter.
01[18:38] <@Savant> At this stage, though, your concern is the meeting with HK Maugan Raugh, an asteroid hauler destined to be part of a convoy heading to Utopia. Your rendezvous will be happening in the next fifteen minutes, so be prepared.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
03[18:38] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
[18:38] <@Detro> ack
[18:39] <@Marshall> ack
[18:39] <@Birkin> ack
[18:39] <@Gabriel> ack
01[18:39] <@Savant> i am ready to take questions now
[18:39] <@Delgado> ack
[18:40] <@Caelin> ack
[18:40] <@Gabriel> Seems clear enough. Is the hauler near the CEF fleet now?
[18:40] <@Gabriel> Or are we meeting her en route?
01[18:40] <@Savant> This session and the next will likely be a little fragmented. I plan on fast forwarding you through the long, boring, relatively eventless trip to Utopia, focusing on the occasional moments of terror and wonder instead.
01[18:40] <@Savant> you are meeting her while she is picking up her cargo.
[18:41] <@Gabriel> Hee! k
01[18:41] <@Savant> you are, in fact, *part of* her cargo.
01[18:41] <@Savant> though i would suggest that you tell her to strike you form the manifest.
[18:41] <@Detro> Well, at least we won't be painting the ship red, cracking the engine shielding, and strapping bodies to our hull Smile
01[18:41] <@Savant> funny you should mention that...
[18:41] <@Birkin> Secret TerraNovan Espionge Team. Yeah could you lose that somewhere in the paperwork..
[18:41] <@Marshall> It worked, didn't it?
01[18:41] <@Savant> Smile
01[18:42] <@Savant> any other questions?
01[18:42] <@Savant> or shall we get going?
[18:42] <@Detro> But those are our frien...oh, wait. No, they were the bodies of the station crew. Never mind.
[18:42] <@Marshall> Get going? We just got here. =P
01[18:42] <@Savant> Let's get going.
01[18:42] <@Savant> Talons, roll out
01[18:42] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:42] <@Savant> Most of the time an asteroid belt is relatively empty, with the occasional bit of rock or dust field to get in the way - from the window, it seems empty. Not now. The sky is full of glistening asteroids, dense and confusing. A wonderful place to collect methane or iron. Or to hide.
[18:43] <@Marshall> ::lies in the medical bay, or what could amount to lying in zero gee. He had his laptop and was trying to maintain work::
01[18:43] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::from the cockpit:: Buddha. It's impossible to find *anything* out here.
[18:44] <@Gabriel> ::floats in the after part of the cockpit, at one of the aux screens, calls forward:: Let's hope that appies equally, Sous-Sergent.
01[18:45] <@Savant> Pathfinder's crew seems settled,a nd perhaps a bit on edge - there is something about the press of asteroids on all sides that disturbs them apparently. All except Jeremi, who seems to be enjoying himself immensely.
[18:45] <@Detro> ::in the crew cabin, reading the manual for Uchiwa's ECCM system. Again.::
[18:45] <@Marshall> ::The bad news was that his leg was pretty much useless. The good news is that it was more or less accessory in space::
[18:45] <@Caelin> ::is resting in the next "bed" over from marshall, also still recovering from his experience on the station::
01[18:45] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Oh, that's nothing to worry about, Sir. We coudl burn full in here, and provided that the kid didn't put us into a rock we still wouldn't get spotted.
[18:46] <@Delgado> ::is in a corner of the medical bay, continuing to go through the GREL DNA with a fine tooth comb, taking extensive notes but keeping an ear out for the needs of Marshall and Caelin::
01[18:47] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Lingers close to Caelin, floating beside his bed, reading a medical first aid manual::
[18:47] <@Detro> ::smiles, not looking up from his reading:: I vote for the option that's NOT "Oh god oh god we're going to die."
[18:48] <@Gabriel> The kid? ::glances forward, noting for the first time who's driving, and grins::
[18:48] <@Birkin> ::yawns stretching out a little bit reading over a few PADs in the cockpit:: That kid put the turret in just perfectly so I could fry that GREL. He's definately got some chops to him.
01[18:49] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::grins widely, giving the engines another little puff, it seems at random almost:: What?
01[18:49] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::IS seated in the command chair as usual, frowning over the trideo display of the area - littered with asteroids::
[18:49] <@Gabriel> Didn't say a word. Don't put us into a rock.
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> Isn't that what we're here to do?
01[18:51] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Huh. Jeremi, turn us thirty by minus twelve.
[18:51] <@Detro> ::turns the page, on to more exciting literature regarding power curves and frequency modulation::
[18:52] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: Touche.
[18:52] <@Caelin> ::rolls his head a bit to face scildfreja, slight smirk::must be nice having someone to practice that stuff on eh? ::chuckles a bit but winces as the wound is still fairly tender::
01[18:52] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::laughs as well and reorients the Fury with brief, casual touches on the sticks - he doesn't hold them at all otherwise::
[18:52] <@Detro> ::still smiling, as it was good to have things back to "normal"::
01[18:54] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Hm. I think I have something here... yeah, a ship, definately. Oh, how could I have missed this?
01[18:54] <@Savant> It is hard to sense anything out here - the ice, metal and refraction of the dust makes it a mess that even an expert like Macedon could have a hard time with. However, he has managed to pick out the squat, bulky engine tubes of HK Maugan Raugh amidst the chaos. The ship has a pair of long, sturdy wings coming out either side and a small crew cab.
[18:55] <@Marshall> ::smirks:: No offense, but I'll stick to the doc.
[18:55] <@Delgado> ::leans back and rubs at her eyes as she mutters to herself. She shuts down the station then pushes herself away from the counter and floats over to the two patients:: How's it going over here?
[18:56] <@Marshall> Still hurts. A lot. Anything you can give me?
01[18:56] <@Savant> It is an ugly ship, a space tugboat in almost every sense of the word. Rigid spars sticking out at odd angles, exposed sensors and tethers, everything in a dull grey paint except for the blinking coloured lights at the end of the spars. The perfect sort of ship for hauling asteroids.
[18:57] <@Gabriel> ::watches the visual display, content to watch for now::
[18:57] <@Detro> ::flips to the next page after adding a note on his dataglove::
01[18:58] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::purses her lips and taps Caelin's shoulder:: tsh, be careful, copenere. You don't want it to open again.
[18:58] <@Delgado> Oh, I'm sure I can scare up something. ::floats over to one of the cabinets on the side and opens one, ruffling through it before pulling out a vial and injector and floating back to Marshall:: Other than the pain, can you move alright?
01[18:59] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> It's them all right. Hakkar IFF, registers as Maugan Raugh. I see three mooring drones at work on the asteroid.
[18:59] <@Marshall> Oh. I can get around okay. I'm not to interested in trying to move the leg too much, though.
[18:59] <@Caelin> ::grins again and reaches out to scildfreja's hand:: i'm not worried, you've patched me up pretty well i think
[19:00] <@Detro> ::uses the glove to scan in a part of another relevange passage direct to his notes:: So, what's the plan? Smart glue boulders to the hull?
01[19:01] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She's moody and still a bit upset over his injury - sh was quite distraught when he had returned from the raid with a hole in him that wasn't there before:: You've had worse. Still.
[19:01] <@Delgado> Well you should. Last thing you need is extra rehab because you've let your leg atrophy beyond zee-gee expectations. ::administers the pain killer to Marshall as she gives him a stern look:: Unless you and Takira want to be study buddies.
01[19:02] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> ::nods briefly:: Do you want to open a channel, Captain, or watch for awhile?
[19:02] <@Marshall> ::throws a bit of a panicked look:: I'll get right on that.
[19:02] <@Gabriel> ::forward:: Let's make sure he's alone for a bit.
[19:03] <@Birkin> ::puts his PAD away as there seems to be more fun stuff to pay attention to::
[19:03] <@Gabriel> I assume moving into position is going to be fairly delicate. I don't want to be interrupted or surprised.
[19:03] <@Delgado> ::grins:: I thought so. ::turns around to face Caelin and Scildfreja, wagging the now empty medication vial at them:: You should pray to whatever deity you believe in that your suit kept you alive. And you should've told me.
01[19:05] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods and continues with his scanning, frowning all the while at the screens::
01[19:05] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She frowns and seems in agreement with Delgado, putting Caelin under the twin bore barrel of female disapproval::
[19:06] <@Detro> ::now he looks up from his reading, towards the cockpit... he's sure the rendevous will go well, but wonders if he should mount up, just in case::
[19:07] <@Marshall> ::with the painkillers in effect, he gets to moving his leg quite well, working hard to stave off muscle decay::
01[19:07] <@Savant> Jeremi moves a cautious orbit around Maugan Raugh and her drones, making sure that no one else was in the vicinity. As it stood, it seemed fairly quiet.
[19:07] <@Delgado> ::pushes herself off to float to a trash disposal to get rid of the wasted vial:: I'd like to know the full extent of medical assistance your armigers are capable of so in the future I don't accidently give one of you a stroke in the middle of battle.
[19:08] <@Caelin> ::squeezes freja's hand a bit, nodding, then looking back to delgado::i did tell you though ::back to scildfreja::and yes, i should have been more careful going into the station
[19:09] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Right. What's our contact protocol here?
[19:10] <@Detro> ::goes back to reading... if Tynes or Birkin suspected something wrong, doubtlessly the order would come down::
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> As I understand it, we just give them a sensor ping. Let them know we're here.
01[19:11] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::exhales quietly::
[19:12] <@Delgado> ::throws the vial away then turns back to Caelin:: But what if you lost consciousness? I already killed one of your drones. I think Scildfreja would be a bit more tiffed if I killed you, Caelin. ::gives him a strong but playful eye before floating back over:: And we couldn't have known they were using modified Morganas.
[19:12] <@Gabriel> Very well. Give them a ping. But first, let's have a close look at her. Monitor one, please.
[19:12] <@Gabriel> ::pulls the data they've collected on Liberati ship ribbons to date on monitor two::
01[19:14] <@Savant> Gabriel gets his request; Maugan Raugh comes up on screen. Graceless, stout, bulging with cyllindrical fuel tanks, crowned at one end with a ring of fusion tubes that makes Pathfinder seem like a prop plane in comparison. A little habitable box at the other end for the crew, and a small hanger and cargo compartment otherwise.
01[19:15] <@Savant> This ship bears two bands of colour upon its flanks, small but present - the ship has a Liberati crew, but hasn't got Liberati owners. It's likely some of the crew is Gomorran as well.
01[19:17] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> I would be so mad at you if you died. ::She sulks, but it's clear that she's teasing. For the most part.::
[19:17] <@Gabriel> Looks good. Not Van Daar, but maybe their cousins. Send the ping.
[19:17] <@Birkin> Anyone recognize those colors? ::stares at the small Liberati colors on the flanks
[19:17] <@Detro> ::feeling a bit restless, puts the manual aside and pushes off for the cockpit hatch::
01[19:18] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Ping away, captain. ::taps a button::
[19:19] <@Caelin> ::looks between the two a bit:: the armigers have Adlbana and Imbsetblod injectors, painkillers and stimulants, the suits we wear also seal up small wounds to prevent too much blood loss... when we get to new troy we may should be able to give you more, even i don't know how it all works ::back to freja:: i would be mad at myself as well ::grins a bit::
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::After a few moments:: We've got a response. It's.. There it is. Destination co-ordinates, looks like. And a text message. "Good to see you again"
[19:21] <@Gabriel> Wonder if some of the Van Daars have decided to try space travel.
[19:21] <@Detro> ::reaches the cockpit hatch, peering in::
[19:21] <@Birkin> ::looks over at Detro:: Doing alright?
01[19:21] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::tucks her research into a thigh pocket and pushes off towards the tiny galley closet::
[19:21] <@Gabriel> Let's start moving into position. But I think I'll have a visit, also.
[19:22] <@Detro> ::nods absently at Birkin, his eyes on the ship::
[19:22] <@Detro> ::A beat::
[19:22] <@Detro> ::makes a face:: I've seen wounded springers that look better than that thing.
01[19:22] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Looks like they're preparing their transfer shuttle, actually, sir. I bet they're going to come say hello to us.
[19:23] <@Gabriel> Even better. Very well. Let's make preparations to receive them.
[19:24] <@Birkin> Ain't it the truth. You remember that ribbon on her side there? I didn't take that good of notes on the Liberati ribbons during the Jund
[19:24] <@Gabriel> ::hits the ship-wide:: +com+ All Talons, prepare to receive visitors.
01[19:24] <@Savant> JEremi begins pushing the Fury in closer, still small puffs that everyone has to accomodate but no one has to struggle with. Outside, Maugan Raugh spits out a little stubby box with a little stubby engine on the back end of it
[19:24] <@Detro> Darn. I left my formal wear back home. ::grins and pushes off, away from the cockpit towards the airlock::
[19:25] <@Caelin> ::looks up::visitors? have we reached the rendevous?
[19:25] <@Marshall> I take it we have.
01[19:26] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::returns with two tubes of juice; she hands one to Caelin and keeps the other for herself::
[19:27] <@Detro> ::grabs at the handholds to keep from getting bounced about as he moves::
[19:28] <@Birkin> ::moves down from the cockpit to grab his gear and prepare to help recieve the visitors properly::
01[19:29] <@Savant> Pathfinder comes to "rest" near a slowly tumbling asteroid fragment, glittering white in the distant sunlight of Loki. Jeremi holds her steady as the shuttle approaches, a craft small enough to be dwarfed by the much larger Pathfinder.
[19:29] <@Detro> ::coasts to the inner airlock door::
[19:29] <@Marshall> Welp. We should go say hello. ::floats off::
[19:29] <@Caelin> ::takes the tube and smiles gently:: thance
[19:30] <@Gabriel> ::heads for the small airlock himself::
01[19:30] <@Savant> Aggie gets on the communicator with someone who has a heavy Highlands accent, a rolling language that many of you have missed over the past seasons. There's a gentle bump and the sound of air rushing as the cloth airlock tube seals into place
[19:30] <@Detro> ::waits on station there::
[19:31] <@Caelin> ::watches marshal float off and he's about to do the same but the sharp pain in his midsection says otherwise::nope, looks like i'm staying here a little longer...
[19:31] <@Detro> ::waits for Tynes to arrive before opening the airlock door::
01[19:32] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Frowns and stays beside Caelin, holding his hand like a sad little puppy on a leash, as if she were the one wounded::
01[19:33] <@Savant> The airlock cycles and a rush of cold air comes in; two suited figures waiting on the other side of the charcoal grey boarding tube. They've chosen to wear their helmets despite the atmosphere, probably out of safety. Neither are armed, so it seems that this is not in fact a trap.
01[19:34] <@Savant> They take off their helmets, and the man in front is immediately recognizeable, at least to a few. He's certainly grinning widely.
01[19:34] <@Savant> Hadren Guilles is much as you recall; a tall and somewhat wiry middle aged man who looks youthful except for the slight wrinkles about his eyes when he smiles. He seems enlivened, energetic, even moreso than you recall. His overalls are almost featureless and cut to a businessman's trim, they don't seem to fit him well, but he doesn't seem to mind.
[19:34] <@Birkin> ::turns the corner as the men come in as he spies the man from the Corp they made contact with before::
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::grins at the new arrival:: You seem to have changed venues. Then again, so have I.
01[19:36] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> ::grins widely and floats closer to shake Tynes' hand:: Mr Vanderberg. Not at all, actually, I'm touring our transit fleet. This was my last stop until we meet up with the escort. It's good to see that you made it. You and your friends.
[19:37] <@Detro> ::stays at the side of the airlock door, not dismissed, but not having been part of the infiltration team, not exactly involved either. He glances at the second figure of the party::
[19:37] <@Gabriel> ::smiles back:: Tynes, actually. Captain Gabriel Tynes, Northern Guard of the Consolidated Northern City States, and commanding officer of Talon 05.
[19:38] <@Gabriel> My lieutenant, Aaron Birkin of the Southern Republican Army. ::proceeds to introduce the others::
[19:39] <@Birkin> ::nods his head to Hadren:: It is good to see you again.
01[19:39] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> ::He sniffs once or twice, grins again:: Gabriel Tynes. I'm actually Hadren Guiles, I'm afraid. No secret identity. Confederated Northern City States, you say? ::nods to each, shaking hands in turn with enthusiasm.::
01[19:40] <@Savant> The person beside him is a woman, dressed more as a spacer might - dozens of pockets, slightly faded from exposure to radiation. There's actually a short tabard sewn into the suit, but the device on it is cleverly worked into the arrangement of pockets.
[19:41] <@Gabriel> Indeed. I used to think of myself as a Norlight, one of the former nations of Terra Nova. These days, Novans tend to think of themselves as Northerners, Southerners, or Badlanders. ::smirks, very slightly:: One more hit from the CEF, and they'll have us all thinking we're Terra Novans.
01[19:42] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> Let's hope it doesn't take another hit, Mr Tynes. We colonials need to be rooting for each other. I'm glad you all could make it. Do you have any questions about your trip?
01[19:43] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> Obviously I won't be visiting that much, though if we cna arrange it I would love to spend an evening or two talking with you. There's a lot we could learn, I think. Perhaps sometime in the Republic?
01[19:45] <@Savant> 5 Suited Figure> ::clears her throat, practically inaudible through the helmet::
[19:45] <@Gabriel> I'd be honored. It's a pity you can't come along.
[19:45] <@Birkin> ::smirks slightly at that idea::
01[19:46] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> Oh, I'm sorry, Captain. Everyone, this is Captain Shea Stanton. She's Captain of Maughan Raugh, and will be taking you as far as Praxiteles. From there you're on your own.
01[19:46] <@Savant> Shea Sanston removes her helmet. She is a tall, thin looking woman, looking birdlike and fragile; this due as much to her life as a spacer as to her age. She is perhaps in her 70's or 80's, with short and spiky iron grey hair cut close enough that it doesn't interfere with a helmet.
[19:47] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Captain, a pleasure to meet you.
01[19:47] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> I'm disappointed too! We will arrange it for some time while we are both on Utopia. You're free to come to the Mariss offices when you can, and I'll try to let you know about any expeditions we take on.
01[19:49] <@Savant> 5Shea Sanston> ::nods:: Captain. We're going to be running a line to your position so that you can get a feed from our sensors and communications, but that's all we can get to you under the tarp without it being noticed. You'll have to keep quiet down there.
[19:49] <@Birkin> We can do quiet. ::nods looking back at the others:: We can do quiet just fine.
[19:50] <@Gabriel> ::to Guilles:: It's a deal. It's a pity I didn't know you'd be here. I would have brought some additions for your collection. Perhaps next time.
[19:50] <@Gabriel> ::to Sanston:: Indeed, we can be very quiet. And thank you, that will be quite sufficient.
01[19:51] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> ::grins:: That's okay. I have some additions for *your* collection. ::pulls a pda from his pocket and hands it over:: Mariss's plans on Utopia. Don't sabotage us - much - but it should give you some idea of what the CEF is planning. I threw on some gems from Atlantis and some old recordings from Eden, too. Even some footage of Earth itself.
[19:52] <@Birkin> ::blinks:: ... You've been to Earth?
[19:52] <@Detro> ::arches eyebrow but says nothing::
01[19:52] <@Savant> 5Shea Sanston> ::Nods politely, but it's clear she wants to get underway::
01[19:53] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> Miss Orwend is en route right now with a delegation from Hakkar. No, I traded this footage from a Lieutenant down on Beta level. noting very sensitive, but I thought you might like to have it.
[19:54] <@Gabriel> ::beams:: That is a kingly gift, thank you!
01[19:55] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> ::grins:: You'll pay me back after the war when I come for a visit, I'm sure. I want to see Lake Aurora.
[19:55] <@Gabriel> We'll indeed review it very carefully.
[19:55] <@Gabriel> See? I'll teach you to swim, and to fish.
[19:56] <@Birkin> After that I'll show you Lake Esperance. You'll love Ashanti. Trust me.
[19:56] <@Marshall> ::smirks. "Do they not have water on Caprice?" he thought::
01[19:57] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> Ah, that's more than payment enough for an hour of video! ::laughs, then looks at Shea:: We had better be going. We'll do dinner again, in Olympia. If we can.
[19:59] <@Gabriel> Olympia? A Steelgate city, I assume?
[20:00] <@Delgado> ::is back at her lab station in the medical bay, a soft whirr of a few machines going on now as she seems to orchestrate them all in a mechanized opera::
01[20:00] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> The captial. I'll try to smuggle you in somehow.
[20:00] <@Gabriel> As long as you don't introduce me to your friends, it's a date.
01[20:01] <@Savant> 3Hadren Guilles> ::laughs:: I'll just give you their addresses. Safe trip, Mr Tynes, Terranovans.
01[20:01] <@Savant> The two of them make their goodbyes and reboard their little transfer pod, leaving the Fury to find its hiding place and nestle in good and tight.
[20:02] <@Gabriel> Thank you, Mr Guilles. You as well.
01[20:04] <@Savant> Over the course of an hour, Pathfinder approaches a massive asteroid; something as big as a city-state, perhaps bigger. Monstrous. It is an oblong and ferrous mass, but fissured with crevasses - some big enough to house buildings. Or spaceships.
[20:04] <@Detro> ::back in the crew cabin, musing over how they'll get from near the shipyards to the surface::
01[20:05] <@Savant> Jeremi gracefully, carefully, exactingly places Pathfinder facing out of one of these crevasses, one which is already being wired in with a line from Maugan Raugh by a busy drone. There is a solid shaking sensation as the ship clamps into place
01[20:06] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> The Pathfinder has landed, everyone. And I'm on a thirteen week vacation, starting now!
[20:06] <@Gabriel> ::while the move is taking place, heads aft to the mid-deck and Pathfinder's new medlab::
[20:07] <@Gabriel> ::looks around as he enters:: Well, doctor, does the place meet with your approval?
[20:08] <@Delgado> ::actually starts humming her own tune along with the whirrs, making a few alterations here and there before turning to greet Tynes:: Oh, very much so. Making myself right at home.
[20:08] <@Marshall> ::already back in the medbay, hanging in place typing on his laptop::
01[20:09] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Lieutenant Birkin, we've got Maugan Raugh on the phone here for you.
[20:09] <@Detro> ::undoes the straps holding him in for safety, floats about. It was a curious question, one with no readily apparent answers. ""
[20:09] <@Gabriel> Excellent. Have you been able to make anything of the data on the GREL we picked up off the listening post?
[20:09] <@Birkin> ::looks up from his PAD again:: Put her through
01[20:11] <@Savant> 5Shea Sanston> +com+ Terranova, Maugan Raugh. How do you read me?
[20:11] <@Delgado> ::nods:: Yes, yes. I'm actually still working on it. ::gestures to the machines in motion:: They're the old GREL we know and love, but have been genetically modified. A retrovirus was given to kind of 'patch' their old imperfections and enhance what they already have.
[20:12] <@Birkin> +com+ This is Fury. I read you five by five.
[20:12] <@Gabriel> Imperfections? The Morganas were pretty scary before. What imperfections? What enhancements? Have you been able to tell?
01[20:13] <@Savant> 5Shea Sanston> Five by five, Fury. Expect a fifteen week trip. We will be putting up the tarp shortly. No scanners, no communications. Keep it quiet down there, please.
[20:14] <@Delgado> I'm not a hundred percent sure, though what I've been able to gleen so far is an improved anti-aging effect and there are several brain enzymes, but how exactly they effect the brain I have no idea.
[20:15] <@Birkin> +com+ Roger that Maugan Raugh. We'll go quiet. Tell us when the hard parts over.
[20:15] <@Delgado> They seem geared toward the frontal lobe and limbic system, but beyond that.... ::shrugs::
[20:16] <@Detro> ::hearing the chatter:: And now we play the waiting game... ::smiles::
01[20:16] <@Savant> 5Shea Sanston> +com+ The hard part will be over when you're in free space again, Fury. We'll give you as much warning as we can if there's trouble. Over.
[20:16] <@Gabriel> Huh... you know, I'd never considered the idea of an "old GREL" before, but it must be an issue. How long would GREL live under normal circumstances?
01[20:17] <@Savant> The views from outside are dark - there is the gleam of raw magnetite and the ruddy nodules of hematite everywhere, as well as the gleam of zinc, mica, sphalerite, muscovite, and other more precious minerals.
[20:18] <@Birkin> +com+ Rodger that Maugan Raugh. Fury out.
03[20:18] * dakabn (464abd48@widget.mibbit.com) has joined #bt05
03[20:18] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[20:19] <@Delgado> ::starts to muse out loud as the train of thought gets her on a path:: Though with what we've seen of the new GREL on Terra Nova, it could be to enhance both memory and processing speed. That GREL always seemed 10 steps ahead of everything and was able to think way outside any box we know... ::snaps out of it as Tynes speaks again:: No one knows for sure. The oldest are over 30 cycles now, left over from the War. I'd think they have a stand
[20:19] <@Delgado> ...man life span.
01[20:20] <@Savant> That light, too, is cut out, as a sweep of black rolls over the entrance to the fissure that Pathfinder finds itself in. Reflective, protective tarps cover the asteroid, leaving Pathfinder hidden beneath.
[20:20] <@Birkin> ::cuts the com signal to the outside and switches over to the inter shuttle communication:: +com+ Our escort has just informed us that the tarp is about to go out. We're now in silent running.
[20:21] <@Birkin> Captain? May I suggest that we go as silent as we can?
[20:21] <@Gabriel> No literature on Terra Nova about it? Not even from Port Arthur?
[20:22] <@Detro> ::goes back to his reading of the ECCM manual::
01[20:23] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ We're already powering down our hot systems, Liutenant. Do you want hte engines warm, or do you want to turn them off entirely?
[20:24] <@Delgado> ::shrugs:: It's hard to say. Like I said, what we know of their lifespan is of the ones left behind after the War. The CEF didn't expect them to live long anyways, just long enough to be fodder. Some tests have been performed recently in that regard, but they results are still unknown.
[20:24] <@Birkin> ::thinks for a moment:: +com+ How long do you need to bring them back up online once their cold.
01[20:26] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ About fifteen minutes.
[20:26] <@Detro> ::keeps half an ear to the conversation... while the rest of his brain wracks itself over sines and cosines...::
[20:26] <@Marshall> Hard to tell the age of those GREL. They don't show age like we do. No wrinkles. No grey hair.
[20:26] <@Birkin> +com+ Put them cold. If Captain Tynes doesn't like it then he can yell at me for fifteen minutes while you warm them back up.
[20:27] <@Gabriel> Huh, interesting. And yes, now that you mention it, I can't recall ever seeing that kind of variation.
[20:27] <@Marshall> ::adds randomly:: No hair at all, as far as I know.
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::frets over Caelin for a moment, making sure his blanket is tucked in and he's comfortable::
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Got it, Lieutenant.
[20:27] <@Birkin> +com+ Thank you Captain.
01[20:28] <@Savant> Everyone begins to feel a very gentle movement pressing them towards the floor of the Fury, as if gravity were right once more
[20:29] <@Marshall> ::his leg drops as gravity returns:: AHAHOWWWW! ::grimaces::
01[20:30] <@Savant> Maugan Raugh, outside, begins pouring out a ridiculous volume of thrust - tiny threads of star-heat leak out from its cluster of eight fusion engines, making a stream of light behind it. It shudders so hard that it seems to be tearing itself apart with the thrust, but the thing barely moves - at first.
[20:30] <@Detro> ::hears Marshall's shout... half amused, but recalling his own pain and turning more towards sympathy::
[20:30] <@Delgado> ::nods:: Smooth as a baby. ::looks back at Tynes:: Whatever it is this retrovirus does, the CEF made a lot of it, spread it around, and had the money and resources to do so. They're serious abo--- ::gets a strange look on her face as she's drawn down then looks over at Marshall before turning back to Tynes:: ....Warning about gravity would've been, you know. Useful.
01[20:30] <@Savant> In time, Maugan Raugh and the city-sized asteroid behind it begin their slow crawl towards the Tannhauser Gate, and Utopia.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> ::grips the wall to keep himself floating in place::
[20:31] <@Marshall> ::regains his stationary state and grumbles:: Are we there yet?
[20:31] <@Caelin> ::groans a bit as the movement wakes him from his nap::mmmm
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Shh. go back to sleep.
[20:32] <@Detro> ::does what many people do on a long trip: Curl up with some good reading material... though the plot of this book was rather dry...::
01[20:33] <@Savant> The pressure does not abate, not once - it's gentle and slight, making everything gently incline towards the floor of the Fury, the speed of trickling honey.
[20:33] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: A number of weeks. Probably a large number of them.
[20:33] <@Birkin> ::Rubs his eyes a little bit, this command lecture crap was getting on his nerves::
01[20:33] <@Savant> Time passes, and Aggie and MAcedon collaborate to give best guesses of travel time, but without seeing outside it's ahrd to tell.
[20:33] <@Gabriel> ::taps the comm:: +com+ Lieutenant Birkin, let's make sure everything is stowed and secured. We're probably going to be under this kind of thrust for hours, if not days.
01[20:34] <@Savant> It's hard to tell, at least, until a moment passes where everyone's guts turn to jelly, everyone's heads seem to swell to the point of popping like balloons, and the world goes inside-out, entirely indescribable.
[20:35] <@Caelin> ::blinks a bit::i'm alright lufestre, i only wanted a nap ::glances over at tynes:: captain, i assume we are underway then?
[20:37] <@Marshall> ::huddled in the corner of the med bay, a cranky, anxious mess::
[20:38] <@Detro> ::makes a face:: ...and that's one down.
[20:38] <@Gabriel> ::tries not to think about fish:: +com+ Cockpit, safe to assume that was it?
01[20:39] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Yes, Captain. That was Gate One. We're at CP09/5413.4
[20:39] <@Delgado> ::makes a face as the feeling washes over her:: Ooooh I hate space travel....
[20:39] <@Marshall> ::repeats his rhetorical question from a few hours ago:: Are we there yet?
01[20:40] <@Savant> Pathfinder's crew seems resilient to the effects of the gate. UNlike the TAlons, the crew of the Fury was given special training for gate transit in specific, as their reactions on the split seconds after going through a Tannhauser anomaly are crucial. They seem unaffected by the trip.
[20:41] <@Birkin> Hm. No Prophet this time. Always a good feeling. ::exhales a bit:: +com+ We're silent here sir and we aren't getting any feed. But if I had to hazard a guess, yes sir that was one down.
[20:41] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: Two more gates after this one.
[20:41] <@Marshall> ::shrinks a little more and turns a pale shade of green::
[20:42] <@Gabriel> +com+ Aggie, give me an estimate on time to next transit. Also, what do we know about this system? Anything interesting?
01[20:42] <@Savant> Time passes. The gentle thrust of the tug leaves and resumes without warning, and word from Maugan Raugh is sparse and terse when it does appear.
[20:42] <@Delgado> ... I knew I should've taken a desk job. ::a tiny burp escapes her mouth, though she looks better for it::
[20:42] <@Caelin> ::shakes his head a bit to clear some cobwebs and winces again from his wound, he glances over at scildfreja to see how she's handling it::
[20:43] <@Delgado> ::looks over at Marshall then curses softly as she quickly moves over to a medical cabinet, grabs something, then moves over to him:: Don't you dare throw up all over my med bay, Ranger.
01[20:43] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Two weeks at my guess, though we're waiting for astrometrics from Shea. The system's just a blue star and an asteroid belt. Nothing too serious, though don't go outside.
[20:43] <@Marshall> ::silent and quite ill appearing::
[20:43] <@Gabriel> ::looks over at Marshall:: You all right? Some people have problems with the transit, I understand.
[20:44] <@Delgado> ::loads the anti-emetic and grabs Marshall's arm, injecting him with it:: Just breathe, Ranger. Deep breaths in through the nose and out the mouth. This should help.
[20:45] <@Marshall> ::manages to force some terse breaths:: First.... time... Not... Good.
01[20:46] <@Savant> Maugan Raugh is coasting now, adrift with its inertia along with a fleet that, from last report, was about fifty ships of various sizes. Many Caprician ships, a small but deadly Earther escort.
[20:47] <@Gabriel> ::nods and slips out, so as not to embarrass Marshall further::
[20:47] <@Marshall> ::eases back to his normal color after a few minutes, and finally starts to relax::
01[20:47] <@Savant> Time passes. Two days from the gate transit, in fact. Almost two weeks from meeting Maugan Raugh.
[20:47] <@Detro> ::sleeping::
01[20:48] <@Savant> Maugan Raugh fires its colossal engines again, and this time it is acocmpanied with something - a colossal and terrible shaking, like an earthquake sundering Pathfinder herself. Lights blink red.
[20:49] <@Delgado> ::is once again at a lab station in the med bay. She pretty much meant it when she said she was making herself at home in it. At the moment she had a vial full of a clear yellow liquid and was tapping it lightly against the counter, a far off look on her face::
[20:49] <@Detro> ::is shaken and stirred awake::
[20:49] <@Detro> ::tries to roll out of his couch, but he's strapped in... until he finally remembers:: Wha...?
[20:49] <@Birkin> ::looks up this time from a "how to brew better booze" PAD in the cockpit:: What the hell is that?
[20:49] <@Marshall> ::no longer confined in the med bay, he had made a full recovery. He was alarmed by the shaking::
01[20:49] <@Savant> Pathfinder's crew, basically living permanently in the cockpit, are awake in seconds and reporting.
01[20:50] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ What's going on, get me answers here!
[20:51] <@Caelin> ::floating about the mid deck once more, he has his laptop with his, going over his reports from the past...how long as he been away from home now, a year? he wanted to be prepared for when he met back with his superiors::
[20:51] <@Gabriel> ::hangs on and starts pushing forward as quickly as he safely can::
01[20:51] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> I- merde! There's a fault in the canyon wall!
01[20:52] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> I'm heating up the engines. How much time do we have?
[20:52] <@Caelin> ::his concentration is broken by the movement::whats happening?
[20:52] <@Delgado> ::is broken out of her thoughts as her station starts shaking and quickly secures the vial in her pocket:: What kind of fresh hell is this?
[20:52] <@Detro> ::double checks his straps::
01[20:53] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> I dont' know! The iron's refracting my scans. The whole thing is collapsing on us. We've got maybe half an hour. Someone shut off that prox alarm!
01[20:53] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Slingshots awake, catapulting towards her armiger even before she's conscious::
01[20:54] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Captain Tynes, we've got issues here. Big ones.
[20:54] <@Birkin> ::hits the proximity alarm:: Our last packet showed data about a large fleet around us. How silent can you be in getting us out of here?
[20:55] <@Caelin> ::follows scildfreja out to the vehicle bay to his armiger::
[20:55] <@Gabriel> ::reaches the cockpit:: Report.
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ as soon as we hit the engines they're *all* going to see us.
[20:55] <@Detro> ::taps into what data they have through his data glove::
01[20:56] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> There's a fault in the crevasse, Captain, and we've got a chunk the size of a - a something coming down on us. something big enough to set off the proximity sensors.
[20:56] <@Gabriel> How long?
[20:57] <@Birkin> Thirty minutes sir.
01[20:57] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::shrugs helplessly, and types away madly:: Half hour?
[20:58] <@Detro> ::examines the big chunk of... wow that's big...::
[20:58] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Let Maugan Raugh know what's happening and that we're going to have to go out for a little walk.
[20:58] <@Gabriel> Birkin, get down to the vehicle bay and prep the Mambas to deploy. Fast as you can.
[20:58] <@Marshall> More like forty minutes. Maybe forty-five.
01[20:59] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods, getting on the horn to Maugan Raugh while continuing to work at a furious pace::
[21:00] <@Birkin> ::nods taking off as fast as he can down the vehicle bay:: +com+ Action stations. All Talons to your Gears now.
[21:00] <@Marshall> ::turns and books for the vehicle bay::
[21:00] <@Caelin> ::gets himself strapped into his armiger and glances at freja::
01[21:00] <@Savant> The Talons hurry to the vehicle bay, where their Gears wait expectantly - several of them already active and waiting with open cockpits::
[21:01] <@Detro> ::unstraps from his couch and heads to the vehicle bay::
[21:01] <@Delgado> ... Oh crap. ::hurries to the vehicle way as fast as she can::
01[21:01] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::comes over, already suited up, and inspects Caelin's suit as he inspects hers::
[21:01] <@Gabriel> +com+ Caelin, Scildfreja, you're good with drones. We're carrying a CEF space drone. Want to give it a test drive? We need a better look at what we're facing here.
[21:01] <@Marshall> ::floats very slowly up and into Castle at 0.1G and begins a check of all systems::
[21:01] <@Gabriel> ::leaves Macedon to his work and pushes off aft himself::
[21:02] <@Birkin> ::moves into the vehicle bay quickly and climbs into Hades, securing himself in and closing the cockpit behind him::
[21:02] <@Detro> ::hoofs it into Uchiwa, and almost jacks into the comms... instead he switches the gear over to lasercom:: +lcom+ What's the plan?
01[21:02] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +com+ Ancnawan herewisa.
[21:03] <@Delgado> ::enters the bay and moves over to Wren, starting it up and doing a quick check before strapping herself in::
[21:03] <@Gabriel> ::almost feels like he understands that::
[21:03] <@Caelin> +com+alright, do you need one of us to stay on the ship to control it?
[21:03] <@Gabriel> +com+ Wherever you're most comfortable.
[21:04] <@Delgado> ::grins to herself as she hears Scildfreja over the comms::
01[21:04] <@Savant> The Talons quickly climb into their Gears and hustle their Mambas out into the black of space.
[21:05] <@Gabriel> ::points the nearby pilots to the rack of chain swords near the back::
[21:05] <@Gabriel> ::takes one himself::
[21:05] <@Birkin> ::grabs a chain sword on his way out as the Captain points them out::
[21:06] <@Detro> ::arches eyebrow, but grabs one anyways::
[21:07] <@Gabriel> ::settles down into Zealot's cockpit, still not entirely comfortable with the smaller space::
[21:07] <@Caelin> ::thinks a moment::+com+ send me the frequency for the drone
01[21:09] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Zips out in her Dart, but stops there, staring up at the ceiling, chainsword in hand::
[21:10] <@Detro> ::looks at the chainsword, and up at the big boulder of doom:: Um... these things even rated for rock combat?
01[21:10] <@Savant> The Talons are faced with a black scene, lit only by their headlights - PAthfinder puts on her running lights, providing the cavern with an eerie glow. The crevasse is monstrous, but you can see that its ceiling is at a different angle, and seems closer.
[21:10] <@Gabriel> Depends on how fast you think you can rig digging cannons. We have a few of those.
[21:10] <@Gabriel> << +com+ >>
[21:11] <@Marshall> +com+ I'm on it.
01[21:11] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Are we using the diggers?
[21:11] <@Gabriel> +com+ Let's see what we're looking at first.
[21:12] <@Delgado> ::does a little sword/rock looking action herself:: +com+ Why do I feel like I'm going to try to hack apart a kidney stone with a toothpick?
[21:12] <@Gabriel> ::sends Caelin the frequency for the CEF Hunter Killer::
[21:12] <@Caelin> ::positions himself outside and takes control of the octo-drone, giving voice commands and directions to maneuver it around the chunk of asteroid::
01[21:12] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ I'm doing that. There are a few fissures. We can cut this up, reduce the intertia coming down on PAthfinder to what's almost directly overhead. I think. Lemme go see.
[21:13] <@Detro> May I suggest that while we wait, we do something?
01[21:13] <@Savant> Spooks pushes off of the "ground" and into the space between, eventually landing gently on the falling "ceiling"
01[21:13] <@Savant> 5Drone> *beep*
[21:14] <@Gabriel> ::follows behind Juno's Mamba, looking for the rock::
[21:15] <@Birkin> ::stays down below, letting the Captain go up:: +com+ Be ready to move at a moments notice where the Senior Ranger points.
[21:15] <@Detro> ::drops in behind Roland's gear as usual en route to the rock::
01[21:15] <@Savant> The rock is a massive chunk of the "ceiling", a broad slab of red and grey nodules that looks like it was excreted out of some space monster millenia ago. It's easily bigger than Pathfinder.
[21:16] <@Marshall> ::begins preparing the digging cannons in the event they were needed::
[21:17] <@Gabriel> ::whistles in his helmet:: +com+ OK, this could be a major problem. ::looks down to see if Pathfinder can somehow move out of the way::
01[21:17] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::begins to wander, upside-down from the perspective of those below, on the surface of the rock, singing to herself: +com+ Rock, ro-bot rock... hmm-hmm hmm, ro-bot rock...
[21:17] <@Detro> +lcom+ This might sound crazy but... can we glue this thing back in place or something?
[21:17] <@Detro> +lcom+ Or at least wedge it?
[21:18] <@Gabriel> +com+ Tell me how we move it first. We're talking millions of tons.
[21:19] <@Marshall> +com+ Diggers ready.
[21:19] <@Detro> +lcom+ How the heck should I know? Jump up and down on it? ::starts scanning for places where they might be able to crack it quickly::
01[21:19] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ ::idly:: hmm-hmm hmm, ro-bot rock... I bet we could build a wedge to angle it away from us as it gets lower. Even better if we could chew it up a bit.
02[21:20] * +dakabn (464abd48@widget.mibbit.com) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[21:20] <@Gabriel> +com+ Ranger Marshall, get the diggers out here. Senior Ranger Tyrelle, you're the foreman on this job. Tell us what you have in mind. Aggie, be prepared to move if this doesn't work.
[21:20] <@Birkin> ::upon hearing the Captains orders helps Marshall with the other cannons::
[21:20] <@Detro> ::tags several spots on the big rock and sends them out to the other gears:: These spots. Try those, might break it.
[21:21] <@Caelin> ::watches his screen as the drone zips along, he's looking for any cracks or weaknesses in the rock but either the drone is moving too fast, the light isn't bright enough or caelin needs to have his eyes check, he just can't find anything::
[21:21] <@Detro> +com+ ::adds:: At least, that's what I'm suggesting.
[21:21] <@Marshall> ::begins moving the diggers::
01[21:22] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Well... We ned to get some people on welders down about.. oh.. there.. ::she points at a spot "above" her, down near the others:: and build a wedge with some armourplate. Then we crack it up a bit and set some charges in the cracks to space them out. That'll probably help.
[21:22] <@Delgado> ::moves up along everyone else and looks around. All she sees is a huge damn rock coming down on their heads::
01[21:24] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Yeah, Detro's got some good spots. Let me mark'em and then come down and we'll crack it up right now. Caelin, can you get Mr Octo to scou the other side of this rock? Maybe we're missing something.
[21:24] <@Detro> ::doesn't waste time, and goes for one of the spots he tagged, getting to work::
[21:25] <@Caelin> +com+i've already been around, couldn't see much, i could give it another try if you want
01[21:25] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Oh, I'm sorry, I missed that! Hey, yeah, good, lookin good. Your bug takes good pictures. Let's get him outta there before he goes squish.
[21:26] <@Detro> <<EDIT: ::gets a digger and goes to work::
[21:27] <@Caelin> ::shrugs to himself, maybe she saw something he didn't::+com+it's your drone actually, getting out now
01[21:28] <@Savant> The Talons get to work. It's harrying business, though the work is easy. Nothing ahrd about it, just the press of time is quite panic-inducing and in this case, very literal.
[21:31] <@Gabriel> ::uses the digging cannon as best he can, completely unfamiliar with short-range tactics as he is::
[21:31] <@Marshall> ::begins priming a charge to shatter the sheet of rock::
[21:31] <@Birkin> ::sets the explosives up in the designated place, double checking it before pulling himself back down towards the Fury::
01[21:32] <@Savant> The digging cannons fire off, blasting the sheet of rock into several chunks the size of houses. Shrapnel rails down, clattering against the Gears and Pathfinder both in a whirlwind of metal and rock.
[21:32] <@Caelin> ::sends the drone back into the fury's vehicle bay and follows::
[21:33] <@Delgado> ::sets Wren up for welding and waits for the charges to go off before getting into position and starting to work::
01[21:33] <@Savant> The octopus drone skitters up through space with armloads of demolition payloads, followed by Birkin and Marshall, who set their charges while beneath Delgado, Juno and the others weld a heavy wedge together.
01[21:34] <@Savant> The charges go off and the chunks of rock disperse, slowly, too slowly, painfully slowly. The pieces of rock are close now, frighteningly so.
01[21:34] <@Savant> Tiny bits of rock and sand clatter against the Gear's hulls as the world compresses down to a sliver
[21:35] <@Marshall> ::looks at the rocks and recalculates the trajectory::
[21:35] <@Detro> ::holds his breath as the debris rattles against Uchiwa's armor::
[21:35] <@Birkin> ::grumbles and prepares another charge::
[21:37] <@Marshall> ::moves to keep himself safe::
[21:37] <@Gabriel> ::waits for the storm to pass then looks to see the results::
01[21:38] <@Savant> The rocks come down, and amazingly, those blasted off pieces are just far enough away - a horrible mess, but it's alright.
[21:38] <@Delgado> ::finishes welding her part and steps back, watching what happens now::
[21:38] <@Caelin> watches from just inside the vehicle bay::
01[21:38] <@Savant> The chunk above touches down on the spire, and for a moment there seems to be only the gentlest of touching. Then the whole thing begins to vibrate and the wedge itself begins to tilt and bend. You can't hear anything, but you're sure it would be groaning with the strain.
[21:38] <@Birkin> +com+ Did we get enough of of it?
[21:40] <@Detro> ::stares at the mess::'
01[21:40] <@Savant> The massive stone begins to tilt away from Pathfinder, its strajectory changing as it starts to tumble. The tumble, it seems, is going the right way.
[21:41] <@Gabriel> ::exhales in relief::
[21:41] <@Marshall> +com+ Looks like we're clear.
[21:41] <@Delgado> ::whispers to herself but it's loud enough for Wren to send:: +com+ Oh please, oh please, oh please...
[21:41] <@Detro> ::sighs::
[21:41] <@Birkin> +com+ Nicely done people.
[21:42] <@Gabriel> +com+ Excellent work, everyone. Juno, Detro, you in particular. Nice job.
01[21:42] <@Savant> Then the thick spar made of reinforced starship armour bends, looking like it were made of tin. It buckles and breaks, but it looks like it's done its job. The monstrous rock impacts first upon the farther edge, transferring its momentum there. The remaining butt of the wedge holds, leaving PAthfinder under a lean-to of rock.
[21:43] <@Detro> ::as it all rumbles and bends:: +com+ ...does that mean what you just said count as a jinx?
[21:43] <@Delgado> ::watches the armour give way but still work and pumps an arm:: +com+ Damn I'm good!
01[21:43] <@Savant> The shudders pass, leaving only the quiet swirling of sand and slivers upon the hull. The transit continues.
[21:43] <@Birkin> +com+ Don't be so negative. We have better hiding protection now.
[21:44] <@Detro> +com+ ::brief chuckle:: Good point. It's not Caprician Camo, but it'll do.
01[21:44] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:44] <@Savant> there we go! lots of time passed, a little drama at the end there. Good job everyone! Questions or comments?
[21:44] <@Birkin> ::raises::
01[21:45] <@Savant> Birkin?
[21:45] <@Marshall> ::raises::
[21:45] <@Birkin> What do we see on the vids about Earth
[21:45] <@Birkin> or Eden for that matter
01[21:45] <@Savant> good question. It's a video of a festival. Commonwealth day. The guy he got it from is an Earther who was attending a festival and made a video.
01[21:46] <@Savant> It's on a city built on stilts, appearing to be right in the middle of some ocean.
[21:46] <@Detro> <Joanna> ::can probably ID it::
01[21:46] <@Savant> You know Siberian, which he speaks, and the city's name is Rangstadt.
[21:46] <@Marshall> ::smirks::
[21:47] <@Birkin> anything interesting happen there during the vid?
[21:47] <@Birkin> Or was it just some facist parade
01[21:47] <@Savant> over the course of the video you get some interesting shots of important civic buildings and a military parade.
01[21:48] <@Savant> you get pictures of the new hovertanks, which you havne't seen yet, as well as some idea of how you might break into aforementioned civic buildings
[21:48] <@Caelin> and yeah, what does the video from eden have?
01[21:49] <@Savant> it's old video of Eden before the gates closed. It's a very verdant, lush world, full of life of all sorts.
[21:49] <@Gabriel> That's we Talons, always thinking about how to break into places.
[21:49] <@Birkin> or destroy hovertanks
[21:49] <@Gabriel> DP9 really shouldn't have used blatant irony twice in the same setting.
[21:49] <@Birkin> not in that order either Wink
[21:50] <@Marshall> I must be missing the irony.
01[21:50] <@Savant> actually, Eden current time is also pretty damn full of life. There are a lot of living things. Though yeah, not so much an eden.
01[21:50] <@Savant> any other questions?
[21:50] <@Marshall> ::raises::
01[21:50] <@Savant> Marshall?
[21:50] <@Marshall> What kind of maintainence will the gears need after this mess? Wink
01[21:51] <@Savant> they'll all need some serious re-application of their RAM coating, some sensor work, re-lubeing and general maintenance.
01[21:51] <@Savant> One point of RAM paint for each Gear that was used, and one point of electronics per Gear.
[21:51] <@Marshall> Sounds pretty simple. I can roll that later this week?
01[21:51] <@Savant> no rolls needed.
[21:51] <@Birkin> I think he meant the irony of Utopia being a Nuclear wasteland in many spots. While Eden another paradise is probably alos borked up but hopefully not with NBC
[21:52] <@Marshall> Ah. -Really- simple then.
[21:52] <@Gabriel> Got it.
01[21:52] <@Savant> yeah, it's all routine stuff.
01[21:52] <@Savant> that it?
01[21:52] <@Savant> who wants expees?
[21:52] <@Birkin> yo
[21:52] <@Detro> whee
01[21:52] <@Savant> one is for teamwork. who wants to tell me how well they acted as a team tonight, and why they deserve the point?
01[21:52] <@Savant> and how they could act as a team *better* next time
[21:52] <@Delgado> We worked to keep from getting squished.
[21:52] <@Caelin> well eden has been playing around with tanhausser anomalies so thats gotta make life interesting over there:)
[21:53] <@Birkin> Shhh
01[21:53] <@Savant> eden is getting screwed up the butt Smile
[21:53] <@Detro> I wouldn't say there were any issues with teamwork. Just not exactly knowing how to react to a falling rock.
01[21:53] <@Savant> next time, hesistation.. will kill you D:
[21:54] <@Delgado> oh noes
[21:54] <@Caelin> opened a tanhausser anomaly to hell, when we ever get there we better have our BFG9000'sSmile
01[21:54] <@Savant> also - by the beginning of the next game, I want you guys to have figured out how you're going to keep loose boulders and slabs of rock form rattling around in your cage and killing you
[21:54] <@Marshall> bubble wrap
01[21:54] <@Savant> anything else?
[21:55] <@Marshall> Yes. Packing peanuts. =)
[21:55] <@Gabriel> Securefoam.
01[21:55] <@Savant> one point. Two points for storyline. Tell me what you've learned and why it's important Smile
[21:55] <@Marshall> Space travel suuuuucccckkkkss..
[21:55] <@Delgado> GREL are being retrofitted.
01[21:56] <@Savant> what sucks about space travel?
[21:56] <@Caelin> the CEO of mariss milspec is going to utopia as well
01[21:56] <@Savant> Actually, Guilles is the VP of Human Relations.
[21:56] <@Caelin> ahh
[21:56] <@Gabriel> The CEF must be feeling pretty darn comfortable with itself on Utopia if they're setting up such regular travel. It speaks a tiny bit of complacency. They had it easy going in, and I'll bet there's a big part of the thinking out there that it'll always be easy.
[21:56] <@Gabriel> They're out there getting drunk on ale and whores. Wink
01[21:56] <@Savant> robowhores.
[21:56] <@Detro> That our ride ends at/before the shipyard, so we gotta figure out what next at that point.
01[21:57] <@Savant> anything else?
[21:57] <@Gabriel> And yeah, the GREL re-engineering is interesting, but it's a bit early to say what it means. You'd think the CEF wouldn't much care about them wearing out.
[21:57] <@Caelin> still having guilles over there gives us a contact we could use
[21:57] <@Marshall> Give me a space suit, a huge bottle of compressed air, and a Springer jeep and I'll get us from the shipyard to Utopia =)
[21:58] <@Gabriel> If they're just parts, why not let the old ones die and make new young ones? Why deal with the annoyance of growing sentience? Wink
01[21:58] <@Savant> very much so.
[21:58] <@Gabriel> Gotta be a reaason, but we don't know what it is yet.
01[21:58] <@Savant> that's true, and it's an interesting question to answer.
01[21:58] <@Savant> anything else?
[21:58] <@Birkin> Perhaps they can't afford to mass produce them anymore like they used to. That they need the old ones around for combat or something
[21:59] <@Caelin> maybe EGL is starting to have trouble growing new grel for some reason, and needs to keep older ones in service longer
[21:59] <@Delgado> They're being eco-friendly and recycling. Smile
[21:59] <@Marshall> Veterancy.
01[22:00] <@Savant> that's two points. Three for the danger you were in. Four if you can tell me what else you look forward to *during your flight* to Utopia.
[22:00] <@Birkin> having it be uneventful
[22:00] <@Caelin> hehe
[22:00] <@Delgado> Marshall not throwing up in zee-gee
01[22:00] <@Savant> that's boring Wink
[22:00] <@Detro> Sleep. Reading. Eating. Watching Juno self-destruct since she has to stay calm and quiet.
01[22:01] <@Savant> Juno would explode into a cloud of rainbows and gumdrops
[22:01] <@Caelin> gotta love cabin fever
[22:01] <@Gabriel> Utopians like drones. It makes sense that they probably patrol their space with drones. But it also makes sense that there are gonna be significant delays before the signals from drones get back to their controllers.
[22:01] <@Gabriel> Therefore, I look forward to capturing a couple of Utopian space drones before their controllers can react. Wink
01[22:02] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> here boy! here boy! good boy, get the stick!
[22:02] <@Delgado> lol
01[22:02] <@Savant> something like that Wink
01[22:02] <@Savant> that's four points. Well done everyone
01[22:02] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Depths -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. The Depths in Session'
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Delgado> ::attn::
03[18:31] * Savant sets mode: +o Marshall
[18:31] <@Marshall> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> hello and good evening, and welcome yet again to another exciting episode of the Black Talons
01[18:32] <@Savant> I'm a little ill and apparently my typing has gone to shot, but do bear with me and I promise that it will at least be interesting, even if I use the chinese meaning of the term.
01[18:33] <@Savant> We will be jogging ahead significantly tonight. This will leave us a large volume of boring "Dead space" between this game and last, to be filled at your leisure with whatever you want Smile
[18:33] <@Caelin> ::attn::
01[18:33] <@Savant> We will also likely be arriving in the Heofon system tonight.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Let me brief you and then there will be cake.
01[18:33] <@Savant> The Depths
01[18:33] <@Savant> 25 October UC462 (32 Summer TN1946), 1200h - Morning
01[18:33] <@Savant> HK Maugan Raugh, CP09/5413.4
01[18:33] <@Savant> 26 Kelvin, no radiation (0.0 Rads/hr)
01[18:33] <@Savant> It's a little bit like being in jail. The same faces, day after day; the same tiring and annoying habits, the same excersizes of restraint. If it weren't for the comfortable numbness of military discipline and habit it is likely you would have all killed one another by now.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Your transits have gone well enough so far, though it's hard to tell where you are. You must be somewhere in CP09/5413.4, which is the first of two gateway systems leading to Utopia. Intermittent footage from HK Maugan Raugh shows a barren system, a blistered red star with the shattered remains of a former star system clustered around it.
01[18:33] <@Savant> You see this pattern repeat again as you pass through the gate to CP06/5037.6 and the last dead system to Utopia. The weeks are long and the boredom is palpable. When it finally ends, despite the grim circumstances, it is almost relieving.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:34] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:34] <@Detro> ack
[18:34] <@Delgado> ack
01[18:34] <@Savant> and I am ready for questions
[18:35] <@Gabriel> None here.
01[18:35] <@Savant> to cover the end result of the icing and drilling and such outside, the rocks surrounding Pathfinder have been relatively immobile for the rest of the journey.
01[18:36] <@Savant> There have been occasional grumbles, but things seem settled
[18:36] <@Gabriel> Nice of them.
01[18:36] <@Savant> also, your Neural nets have gotten a little more clever over their wait, as you have been running them through simulations along with the occasional jaunt in the crevasse. Everyone's neural net gets a tick.
[18:37] <@Detro> ::cue Spore evolution scene::
[18:37] <@Caelin> hopefully not a nervous tick:)
01[18:37] <@Savant> does that advance anyone?
[18:38] <@Delgado> I have no clue.
01[18:38] <@Savant> me either Smile
[18:38] <@Caelin> thats why he's asking:)
[18:38] <@Detro> Ah, so we're into summer now?
01[18:38] <@Savant> ten ticks makes for an advancement. I'll show you that later on, Itz. It isn't really important, tell the truth.
06[18:39] * @Savant nudges Detro to re-read the briefing
01[18:39] <@Savant> almost into Autumn.
[18:39] <@Detro> I did. Was just confirming because you also said we get a tick for season changes. Wink
[18:39] <@Gabriel> Two season changes. We launched in Winter.
01[18:39] <@Savant> that is the tick you get. this is not an extra tick, it is a reminder that you get a tick for the seasonal change.
06[18:39] * @Savant nods
[18:39] <@Detro> I accounted for Winter when I last updated Uchiwa.
[18:40] <@Gabriel> It has, in fact, been 13-14 weeks since our last game.
[18:40] <@Gabriel> Did you account for Spring? Wink
[18:40] <@Detro> No. Just winter.
[18:40] <@Detro> Because that was the last date we had when I last updated Uchiwa.
01[18:40] <@Savant> anyways. We can deal with giant robots in the OOC channel. Anything else for the game?
01[18:41] <@Savant> seems like no. Let's get our game on.
01[18:41] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:41] <@Savant> The waiting is interminable. You have been travelling through unknown volumes of space, past unknown dangers and who knows how many close calls - oblivious to all of it.
01[18:41] <@Savant> Pathfinder's crew has grown a little neurotic for the fact. Macedon has been jumping at every slight blip on his screens, and Aggie's chewed through more bubblegum than even Roland. Peresalona, for his part, just seems bored. But for all this worry, there seems to have been no trouble in the long transit.
[18:42] <@Detro> ::in his usual space -- the acceleration couch -- counting the rivets in the bulkhead. For the 24th time.::
01[18:43] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Juno hasn't really been affected by the close quarters of the trip. She maintains her good cheer and amicable nature, to the point of it starting to grate a little bit. She's currently strapped into her acceleration couch, putting together some sort of three-d puzzle that she's played with a thousand times already::
[18:44] <@Detro> ::aloud:: There are 423 rivets in that bulkhead.
01[18:44] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Scildfreja has gone through a few phases. First she had a little bit of a coming-out-of-her-shello phase, where she actually got a little talkative. Now she's receeded back in, due to nothing more than overfamiliarity::
[18:45] <@Gabriel> ::also hasn't been much affected, between reading old Utopia briefings, physical training, and daily training for everyone aboard the Gears out among the ice and rock::
[18:45] <@Detro> ::still musing aloud:: I wonder why there's not 425 rivets. Or 430. Something closer to a nice round number... ::trails off::
[18:45] <@Caelin> ::is in the vehicle bay reorganizing stock for the upteenth time after the techs messed it all up with their maintenance work::
[18:46] <@Birkin> ::has his eyes closed in the acceleration couch, having just gotten done with his brief workout to keep his strength up, trying to relax a little before the next crisis hits them::
01[18:47] <@Savant> At this point you have made another transit, and are now surely in CP09/5413.4. Where you *are* in the system is unknown, though the crew debates about it daily. Cameras show a tiny little yellow star, barely big enough to sustain fusion, surrounded by a nebula-like disc of gas and rock. The fleet has opted to stay above the plane of the ecliptic.
[18:48] <@Marshall> ::grumbles, and gets back to work. He was amazed he hadn't stabbed somebody yet, the amount of stress he was under::
[18:49] <@Delgado> ::instead of sleeping or being at one of her lab stations, she's actually exercising. She's running on a treadmill using a waist strap that's connected to bungies that are anchored to the floor. Over in a corner was a modified way to do pull ups and sit ups. All in all, she's made a strange little gym in a corner of her med bay::
[18:50] <@Detro> ::looks over at Juno, watching for a bit before he speaks:: Aren't you bored with that yet?
01[18:50] <@Savant> Pathfinder's grey and white interior is far too familiar by now. The screens show a slideshow of clips and video of the previous feeds from Maugan Raugh, all of which are beautiful in their celestial manner, but ultimately boring
[18:50] <@Caelin> ::picks up a powerwrench and glances about with an annoyed look on his face::ugh, this goes with the other power cell based tools, close to the charger, not with the other wrenches!
01[18:51] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::in a distracted tone:: Bored with what?
[18:51] <@Detro> That thing. Putting it together... over... and over... and over again.
[18:51] <@Gabriel> ::heads aft toward the medbay after checking the day's anticipated schedule::
01[18:52] <@Savant> The thing about these sorts of trips, though, is that once they're over, looking back on them, one never seems to recall them being so long or horrible. Everyone can hear the chime of a communication through the tube to the flight compartment.
[18:53] <@Birkin> ::opens up one eye as he hears the communication and gets up, floating on over to the cockpit::
01[18:53] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Oh. No. It's like, like a buddist mantra, right? Ohmmmmm.
01[18:54] <@Savant> Pathfinder's flight crew has all come over to huddle around Macedon's station, as if it were water being doled out in a parched desert.
[18:54] <@Detro> Ah. ::doesn't exactly know what to say in reply to that... there's a lot more than just mantras...::
01[18:54] <@Savant> 5Shea Sanston> +com+ Rear bay, command pit. How are you back there?
[18:54] <@Gabriel> ::enters the medbay, taking down the largest, heaviest set of elastic bands from the cabinet near the door:: Morning, Doctor.
[18:54] <@Birkin> ::peers over some of the flight crew to have a look:: What's it say?
[18:54] <@Delgado> ::ignores the communication chime for now. People usually informed her of the important things she needed to know::
01[18:55] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Looks at Birkin, shrugs, and gestures for him to reply::
[18:56] <@Delgado> ::looks over at Tynes and nods once before staring ahead again, letting her gaze soften and her mind wander:: Morning, Captain.
[18:56] <@Birkin> ::smirks:: +com+ Moving right a long. Got a good view up there?
[18:57] <@Gabriel> ::floats over to the hooks in the wall, attaches the bands to them, plants his feet against the same wall, and starts doing zero-g modified sit-ups:: Final gate today.
01[18:57] <@Savant> 5Shea Sanston> +com+ I'll send you a view. Be prepared to batten it down, there.
[18:57] <@Detro> ::shrugs off the thoughts, going back to watching her as he works his legs a bit, shifting his muscles around::
[18:57] <@Birkin> +com+ Roger that. Nothing will come lose on our watch.
[18:58] <@Delgado> So I hear. ::ramps up the speed a bit where she's now at a run instead of a job. Though he can't tell how long she's been working out, she's barely sweaty and not even breathing hard yet:: I'm sure the crew will be glad when this trip is done.
01[18:58] <@Savant> The screen beside Macedon's station fills with a dramatic view. Black space marred with a red-orange smear of nebulous gas along the ecliptic, forming a smoky plain. Above this hangs a few asteroids and comets.. and a massive Transfer Station, complete with CEF ships. The Caprician convoy is being met by several Sleipnir and a Destroyer.
[18:59] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I suspect so. Who's up to date on their workouts? Have you been keeping track? I see Sergent Detro in his couch more often than not.
[19:00] <@Birkin> ::whistles a little bit:: If it wasn't for those ugly Earther ships in there. We'd have quite the scene there wouldn't we?
01[19:01] <@Savant> 5Shea Sanston> ::Though her face is not visible, her disapproval is audible:: They're good ships, and they're protecting us from piracy. I won't have liberati politics on my vessel, engine room.
[19:03] <@Delgado> Most people are at least meeting the minimum requirements. Detro was actually overworking but now... ::shrugs as she continues to let her gaze float:: I think it might be the gravity. He's not adjusting as well or fast as he hoped.
01[19:03] <@Savant> ((nix last line from Shea Sanston))
[19:03] <@Detro> ::shouts up towards the cockpit:: Are we THERE yet?
[19:03] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: And our Utopian allies?
[19:04] <@Birkin> +com+ Quite a view from up there. Makes me envious bridge.
[19:05] <@Delgado> ::snorts softly:: You're actually concerned about their physical well being? They practically move in their sleep.
01[19:05] <@Savant> 5Shea Sanston> +com+ Wait till you see Heofon. Now, make sure the payload is secure. We might be having an inspection on the way through.
[19:05] <@Gabriel> ::grins:: Well, I'd like to return them as I found them.
[19:05] <@Gabriel> And yourself, how are you holding up?
[19:06] <@Birkin> +com+ Man customs is always a pain in my ass. Thanks bridge. Out.
01[19:06] <@Savant> The connection cuts, and a new image adds to the rolling slideshow of images from Maugan Raugh.
[19:06] <@Caelin> ::shifts some more tools and parts around, mumbling about the tech's lack of organization::
[19:07] <@Delgado> Ah. Well, fear not. They're not slacking in any way. ::pauses a moment to actually take a deep breath, starting to sound a bit winded:: I'm fine, as you can see. Handling the jumps well. Better than Ranger Lang, that's for sure.
01[19:07] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::has currently got her legs around the waist of her Armiger and is tinkering with the eyepieces of the suits' helmet.::
[19:07] <@Detro> ::feeling restless, undoes the minimal straps holding him into the couch and pushes off::
[19:08] <@Gabriel> ::nods sympathetically:: It's not many people that have trouble, but some do.
[19:08] <@Birkin> If there's a way we can go even quieter you might want to get ready to do it. If we have this image here she'll probably be able to tell us before we get in close from a shuttle or destroyer. Let the Captain or I know if anything changes alright?
01[19:09] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Of course. We'll let you know, Leutenant.
[19:09] <@Delgado> ::shrugs slightly:: It's expected. ::grows quiet now, actually focusing on her workout instead of just going through the motions::
[19:10] <@Detro> ::hitting the bulkhead, he uses his arms to push off towards a stanchion which he catches with his legs, to push off towards the vehicle bay::
[19:10] <@Gabriel> ::does the same, content to maintain an illusion of indifference to the upcoming transit::
01[19:11] <@Savant> Pictures are followed by a live video now, footage of the Sleipnirs speeding off to various ships in the Caprician convoy, visiting each for maybe fifteen minutes before puffing off to the next.
[19:11] <@Birkin> Thank you ma'am. ::pushes out of the cockpit and back towards the couches, looking for Captain Tynes::
01[19:12] <@Savant> All the while, the customs destroyer looms overhead, disapproval apparent in the broad dish of its main laser.
[19:12] <@Detro> ::reaches the vehicle bay::
[19:13] <@Delgado> ::frowns slightly as the minutes go by, both of them working out in silence. After another five minutes or so, Delgado shuts down the treadmill and unhooks, looking slightly irritated as she grabs a towel and starts wiping herself down::
01[19:13] <@Savant> Even though Maugan Raugh is literally the last ship in the convoy, it is one of the first visited. The dull grey personnel shuttle spins to match speed with the Caprician hauler, then nudges closer to dock.
[19:14] <@Detro> ::drifts past the Utopians... along the way:: Sounds like we're almost there. ::manages a smile:: Good news, huh?
[19:15] <@Gabriel> ::continues doing sit-ups, waiting for the inevitable call::
01[19:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Murmurs something in reply, relatively inaudible, as she securely fastens the omnicam safety shroud with precicely fifeteen turns of the driver.::
[19:15] <@Birkin> ::looks into the various areas of the ship till he finally comes across Delgado and then the Captain:: Hey doc. Captain. We just got word from our ride in. We have a feed from what they see now upstairs if you want to have a look. We might be passing by customs soon.
[19:16] <@Gabriel> ::decides that's the opportune moment to shift his position to doing squats:: Anything we can do about it if they spot us, Lieutenant?
[19:17] <@Delgado> ::just nods once in response to Birkin then continues to dry herself off, keeping an eye and ear out to see if Tynes leaves with Birkin for the front of the ship::
01[19:17] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She follows this up with exactly twenty turns of the cleaning chamois, just as she has done hundreds of time before.::
[19:18] <@Detro> ::drifts along until he reaches one of Uchiwa's hands, touching down on one foot, then into a crouch, hanging on to a finger::
01[19:18] <@Savant> There is a palpable absence, coming out of nowhere. The familiar and almost inaudible hum of the atmospheric and heating systems goes away, leaving the ship feeling hollow.
[19:18] <@Birkin> I told Captain Aggie to go extra special quiet if we have that mode here on Pathfinder. Other than maybe shooting at them I don't think so sir. If they make us through the RAM plating...
[19:20] <@Caelin> ::one he's satisfied with his work for the time being, he pushes off towards his armiger::
01[19:20] <@Savant> On the screen, visible in every bay of the Fury, Maugan Raugh let its transfer pod release and head towards the asteroid - and you.
[19:21] <@Gabriel> ::nods, having considered this possibility several weeks ago:: Still, let's make sure Aggie realizes that capture is not an option here. If we're spotted and Jeremi can launch us like a torpedo out to some shady spot, fine. If not... ::shrugs very slightly:: Pick us a good docking bay. The bridge of a battleship, if there's one around.
01[19:21] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +intercom+ We're going to have company. Just in case, I'd like everyone in their buckets.
[19:22] <@Gabriel> ::smiles as the inevitable call arrives, does one last squat, then starts to detach himself from the elastic::
[19:22] <@Detro> ::apparently Caelin couldn't even be bothered with a response. It eats at him a little, but then again, they seem to be pretty involved in their work. He settles down against his gear's finger::
[19:22] <@Birkin> Only saw a destroy- ::stops:: Our mutual friend?
[19:22] <@Gabriel> Hm?
01[19:22] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::scowls, hurriedly applies precicely three sprays of some sort of sealant before quickly buttoning down and heading back to the crew compartment::
[19:23] <@Detro> ::and then, hearing the announcement, moves up the arm to the cockpit and strapping himself in -- making sure that JJ stays powered down::
[19:23] <@Delgado> ::frowns deeply that she has to go strap herself down somewhere. She drapes the towel around her shoulder then leaves the bay without a word to Birkin or Tynes, heading for her couch::
[19:24] <@Birkin> Mr Guilles. ::lets Delgado pass by then follows her out, moving back up and to the cockpit first::
01[19:24] <@Savant> Lights start to dim and the air grows positively chill. Any Talons not in their BDUs will find it getting uncomfortable very fast
[19:24] <@Gabriel> ::returns the bands to where he found them and pulls out a towel of his own, floating toward the door himself:: What about him?
[19:25] <@Birkin> ::calls back:: Think thats him as our company?
[19:25] <@Detro> ::sits in his powered down cockpit, in complete darkness... not for the first time, he reflects on the months ahead...::
[19:25] <@Gabriel> We're not that lucky, Lieutenant. They'll probably just want a look at the rock. ::waves a hand toward the bulkhead:: Still, capture isn't an option here. Tell Aggie.
[19:25] <@Gabriel> ::heads for the mid-deck::
01[19:25] <@Savant> You can all see the transfer pod from Maugan Raugh land upon the tin-foiled surface of the asteroid, depressingly close to the crevasse you hide in. Space-suited figures emerge
[19:26] <@Birkin> ::enters into the cockpit, relaying the Captains orders about how they were to not be captured, to look for a shady spot first but if nothing is available that the bridge of the Destroyer or battleship if one was nearby was to become their new hiding place::
[19:26] <@Gabriel> ::thinks about the strategic value of surprise without talking about it -- the CEF must not know that Novans had figured out a way through to this gate::
01[19:26] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods, says absently:: The suits on the surface, they're using an older encryption package. Sloppy. I think I can read it.
[19:27] <@Birkin> Let me know what you find when this clears up. I'm gonna go strap in.
01[19:27] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Straps down in her acceleration couch beside Caelin's, still frowning::
[19:27] <@Detro> ::his hands itch to reach out for the controls -- it's been so long, between the trip and what had happened before it...::
[19:27] <@Caelin> ::almost doesn't acknowledge the intercom until scildfreja taps him on her way to the mid deck, he grumbles a bit and follows in::
[19:28] <@Marshall> ::clicks a belt on his seat and looks around::
[19:28] <@Birkin> ::straps himself into his acceleration couch::
[19:28] <@Gabriel> ::pulls a hooked strap out of his couch and hooks it to his belt, first checking his sidearm under the couch and hurriedly toweling off a bit::
01[19:29] <@Savant> 5Radio> tkkkkkk**-"[sib.]--e're reading some vibration. I thought this rock was supposed to be secure?" "That's what they said, Captain." "I want a closer look." "Yes, sir."
[19:30] <@Delgado> ::reaches into a little pocket in her couch and pulls out a food pack, starting to tear into it::
[19:30] <@Caelin> ::glances back at scildfreja, noding but with a similar look::
[19:30] <@Detro> ::works to refocus his mind... the gear cockpit acting much like a sensory deprivation chamber without the roar of the engine::
01[19:31] <@Savant> The air gets cooler yet - anyone not wearing a Talon BDU or something of similar thermal durability is going to start shivering very shortly
[19:32] <@Gabriel> ::once dry, trades the towel for his BDU jacket and gets strapped in::
[19:32] <@Detro> ::in his BDU and cockpit, doesn't feel the cold as much, and what he does feel, he tunes out::
[19:33] <@Detro> ::his mind wanders over their mission, and how the others were dealing with the long trip::
01[19:33] <@Savant> The images of the suited figures, four in total, disappear as they walk out of the camera's view. They appear to be following something, though; something leading them to the crevasse.
[19:34] <@Delgado> ::glances to the sides once in a while then slows down in her eating. Once she's done she carefully tucks the packet away then just sits there, staring at nothing in particular. ... Though once in a while she keeps glancing around out the corner of her eyes::
[19:35] <@Detro> ::Delgado didn't seem to be doing too good. But being a Badlander, perhaps she just wasn't used to being cooped up::
[19:35] <@Marshall> The cable. They're following the cable. ::points it out to Tynes::
[19:36] <@Birkin> ::thinks about things for a few moments:: Oh shit. Captain. Those guys ::points at Marshall:: Yeah I think they are.
01[19:36] <@Savant> The screen, filled with the dramatic meeting of two fleets, changes - now it's mostly black, save for a faint jagged slice - the mouth of the crevasse.
[19:36] <@Gabriel> I thought the cable was disguised among the tarp cables?
[19:37] <@Gabriel> ::thinks fast:: We'll have to break it. +com+ Cockpit, what have we got near that cable? We need it loose, now. Can you cut it?
[19:38] <@Delgado> ::frowns at the current turn of events:: Just great... ::mutters darkly to herself::
01[19:38] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Already popped the line, sir. Hopefully they'll think it's a loose tie-down. We've got lasers hot if we need them, though.
[19:38] <@Detro> ::Juno, of course, seemed perfectly immune::
[19:39] <@Gabriel> +com+ Very well. ::hates being blind, but there's not much help for it, and wishes for Pathfinder's skin to be a little blacker::
[19:39] <@Gabriel> ::looks over at Juno:: Remind me how much of that ice and rock ended up on Pathfinder's hull after our adventure.
[19:39] <@Birkin> Here's hoping its enough.
01[19:40] <@Savant> After a moment details are discernible int he dark cavern on the screen. You can see the cable gently flying upwards in a graceful arc, and the few loose asteroid fragments floating in the void.
[19:40] <@Detro> ::his breathing slackens in pace::
[19:40] <@Delgado> ::starts clenching and unclenching her hands into fists as each tense second ticks by::
01[19:41] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::has stopped tinkering with her puzzle-toy, and she speaks quietly as if that would help keep them from being detected:: I took off most of it - we don't want anything on there. They'd spot the thermal differential, and the rock's got a different zeep radiation. We're better off clean.
[19:42] <@Caelin> ::watches the screen, taking a deep breath, holding for a few seconds, then slowly releasing and repeating every few moments::
01[19:43] <@Savant> 5Radio> "[sib] Here it is, sir. We're cutting in?" "Let me get my head in there, Corporal."
[19:43] <@Gabriel> ::nods, and satisfied that everything that can be done, has been done for now, relaxes a bit::
[19:43] <@Delgado> ::crosses her arms and puts her hands into her armpits to stop fidgiting::
[19:44] <@Detro> ::his mind drifts across thoughts... the mission... home... Kellerton...::
01[19:44] <@Savant> The dull grey sky above wavers and more light blazes in, shifting about as silhouettes move in front of it::
01[19:45] <@Savant> And then - a head! A smooth obloid, black against the tarp-covered sky, eering down into the crevasse.
01[19:45] <@Savant> Peering, even.
01[19:46] <@Savant> 5Radio> "[sib] Anything, sir?"
01[19:46] <@Savant> The light is blazing, blinding, as the helemted figure turns on his headlamp, shining down directly on Pathfinder.
01[19:47] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Shit. Sir?
[19:48] <@Gabriel> +com+ Talk to me, Lieutenant.
01[19:49] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ No way he can't see us, Sir. Pathfinder's just blackbody, not invisible.
01[19:49] <@Savant> The figure keeps staring, frowning - his face is visible through the face shield, his eyes are hard and critical
[19:50] <@Gabriel> +com+ Patience. ::continues to watch::
[19:50] <@Gabriel> +com+ Have Jeremi ready to punch us out of here hard, but you have my previous orders from Lieutenant Birkin. Those still stand.
01[19:50] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ yes sir.
01[19:52] <@Savant> 5Inspector> ::Nods once at Pathfinder:: "[sib] Just some loose rocks. Tell Maugan Raugh to do a better job on picking their rocks next time. This could have been a lot worse than it was."
[19:52] <@Marshall> ::exhales, slowly so as not to trigger any alarms::
01[19:52] <@Savant> The suited figure turns off its headlamp and disappears, and everything retursn to being quiet and still
[19:53] <@Birkin> ::says quietly:: Everyone owes the man who invited RAM plating a drink
[19:53] <@Detro> ::in the confines of his cockpit, has a feeling of peace settling over him, to help him go on::
01[19:54] <@Savant> The gentle hum of the atmospheric systems return, and heat begins to flood the cabin once more. The lighting resumes its usual levels.
[19:54] <@Birkin> ::reaches over and gives Delgado a nudge:: Close call eh Doc?
[19:55] <@Delgado> ::lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding, reaching out and digging her nails into the cushions of her couch before shooking Birkin a heated look for touching her:: Yeah. Close.
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Close, but we're fine. Bucket-free, everyone, and be ready for gate transit in about two hours, by my guess.
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::unstraps and pushes himself out of his couch, still successfully looking unconcerned about matters::
[19:56] <@Detro> ::as the all clear sounds, he undogs his cockpit and slides out of Uchiwa, a serene smile on his face::
[19:57] <@Birkin> You know. I wonder why they have all the destroyer here. This is a dead system isnt it?
[19:57] <@Caelin> ::glances at scildfreja and breathes a sigh of relief and slight smile::
01[19:58] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Macedon appears, scratching his head and holding a data pad::
[19:59] <@Delgado> ::unstraps and stretches from her workout::
01[19:59] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Smiles briefly at Caelin, murmurs something about that being very lucky::
[20:00] <@Detro> ::pushes off Uchiwa's shoulder, heading for the main compartment::
01[20:00] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Juno - someone, I don't know - Look at this? I *swear* he spotted us.
[20:01] <@Marshall> ::looks over at it::
[20:01] <@Birkin> ::grunts a little bit:: What do you mean?
[20:02] <@Detro> ::following with a bit of guidance from the wall here and there, arrives in the main compartment:: Well, that was a refreshing change in pace, don't you think?
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> I mean that he saw Pathfinder. I swear it.
[20:02] <@Delgado> ::stiffens as she hears Macedon:: What?
[20:02] <@Marshall> You're just paranoid.
[20:02] <@Birkin> That's not what he seemed to tell his buddy though.
01[20:03] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::lets go of the PDA, letting it float between everyone:: Look at his face. I swear, he's looking at Pathfinder. Watch his eyes.
[20:03] <@Detro> ::and arrives in the middle of an apparently heated arguement::
[20:03] <@Detro> ::watches the PDA as it floats by::
[20:04] <@Gabriel> ::transfers the data wirelessly to his own monitor on the mid-deck and studies it::
[20:04] <@Caelin> ::looks up at macedon:: he must be one of those that helped the two of us get to caprice ::motions to himself and scildfreja::
[20:04] <@Delgado> ::watches the PDA, examining his face::
01[20:06] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Downloads the data to her couch's computer terminal and gleefully starts tinkering as if with a new toy::
[20:06] <@Birkin> ::peers over Delgado's shoulder looking at the PDA::
[20:06] <@Detro> ::eyes the image carefully::
[20:08] <@Marshall> Yeah. He looks surprised. That's for sure.
[20:09] <@Birkin> Yup. He sees us.
01[20:09] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods once:: fifta hergas.
[20:09] <@Gabriel> ::looks for any indication of rank insignia or position::
[20:09] <@Delgado> ::smirks faintly:: We need to get that guy a drink. Or fifty.
[20:09] <@Birkin> He doesnt look happy that he does though. Like he thinks his life expectancy just dropped
[20:10] <@Marshall> Smuggling?
[20:10] <@Gabriel> Or a native, unhappy with the regime change.
[20:10] <@Caelin> ::nods:: he probably wasn't expecting us to come back like this, or come back at all
[20:10] <@Detro> Fah dahn ja hwo if he is. Wouldn't a smuggler be expecting what he saw?
[20:10] <@Birkin> I don't think your average smuggler would keep quiet for us.
[20:11] <@Marshall> If he was paid enough....
[20:12] <@Birkin> He could make more money turning in a bounty on us
[20:12] <@Caelin> ::glances at freja and nods, the back to the others:: he's with the fifth column
[20:13] <@Detro> ::one-hand on a handhold, rests there:: Actually, I would say the more pressing problem is restoring communications. It's possible our ride may know something. Or needs warning.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> ::looks at Caelin:: Go on.
01[20:13] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::frowns:: I'm going to tell the kid to keep ready, and we'll keep weapons hot, in case they didn't want to alert us to them knowing we're here.
[20:13] <@Birkin> ::was about to ask about the whatsis before the Captain could go and speak ahead of him::
01[20:13] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods once more::
[20:13] <@Delgado> ::turns and stares at Caelin and Freja::
[20:13] <@Detro> Question is ho... ::blink, looks at Caelin::
[20:14] <@Gabriel> Because that's an Earther Lieutenant. And in the CEF armed forces, that means coming up from Private soldier.
[20:14] <@Birkin> That's a helluva plant.
[20:14] <@Birkin> Or turn even
[20:14] <@Detro> ::frowns:: Didn't BT05 assist an Earther Lieutenant on Caprice on its first mission?
[20:15] <@Detro> Something to do with smuggling GREL or whatnot?
01[20:15] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Do Earther Lieutenants actually turn? Those guys are crazy. And *I'm* saying that.
[20:15] <@Caelin> ::having got everyones attention:: they're sympathizers, working within the steelgate terran alliance, officers, officials, locals, working from the inside
[20:15] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Juno::
[20:15] <@Gabriel> ::to Detro:: Not in the mission reports I read.
01[20:16] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::absently, looking at her little screen:: Oho, yeah, he definately saw us. Lookit him go.
[20:16] <@Birkin> They sympathize with you and your position? Or against Earth all together?
[20:16] <@Delgado> ::arches an eyebrow:: Wow, talk about having connections...
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::quietly:: We have some contacts. Some Terrans, some Republicans. Mostly Grenarians and Koglunders. But the Alliance isn't as.. as solid as it thinks it is.
[20:17] <@Detro> Chinks in the armor.
[20:17] <@Birkin> ::mimics Captain Tynes:: Go on.
[20:18] <@Delgado> ::glances sideways at Birkin::
[20:18] <@Birkin> Is Steelgate unhappy with their side of the deal?
[20:19] <@Caelin> ::nods:: all in the fifth column have their own reasons, but they all agree that the CEF needs to be defeated
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Some. I don't know the politics very well.
[20:19] <@Delgado> Well 'yay' for us.
[20:20] <@Marshall> ::tosses an annoyed glance at Delgado. Things between the two of them had been icy for weeks now::
[20:20] <@Birkin> Why haven't we ever heard of these guys before. You'd think we'd be first on their list of people to contact about trying to give Earth some flak
[20:20] <@Detro> Jing chai! This bodes well.
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> We did.
[20:21] <@Delgado> ::ignores Marshall in an obvious way::
[20:21] <@Detro> ::to Birkin:: I'm sure the CEF has pretty tight limits on who gets through to Caprice, let alone people who would have had resources to find people like us. ::nods at Scildfreja's comment:: People like her and Caelin, with their resources.
01[20:23] <@Savant> An hour later the gentle pressure of gravity reassumes itself. An hour and a half after that, everyone's guts turn to jelly, their heads swell to exploding, their taste becomes their touch and their sight becomes hearing. All for a brief few moments.
[20:24] <@Gabriel> ::strapped to his couch, considering the implications of a CEF fifth column::
01[20:24] <@Savant> The final gate transit; you are now in the Heofon system. The glance between the two Utopians is silent but speaks volumes.
[20:25] <@Detro> ::Detro's spirits are bouyed by the revelation that the CEF's foundation on Utopia had cracks in it::
01[20:26] <@Savant> Juno heads outside to reattach the flailing communication line, as you will need it in order to get departure instructions from Maugan Raugh. Pathfinder's crew prepare for departure. The mood becomes improved almost immediately.
[20:27] <@Delgado> ::has isolated herself from the crew again. Usually it was from her amount of work. Now she's purposely avoiding them, hidingin her med bay::
01[20:28] <@Savant> The instructions are plain. Two more days and then Maugan Raugh will be discarding the shielding tarps on their payload - Pathfinder can simply drift away with the destridus.
01[20:29] <@Savant> There is little to no useful video from then on, though. After the close call, Maugan Raugh is very tight lipped.
01[20:30] <@Savant> The last two days pass horribly slowly - anticipation is palpable, terrible. Jeremi guides PAthfinder to the mouth of the crevasse with carefully applied jets of the maneuvering thrusters, waiting for that fateful day and blaze of light.
01[20:30] <@Savant> It comes as if all at once, and nearly without warning.
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> I see - the tarp's moving. They're dropping the shield.
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> And why aren't I doing this one, again?
[20:31] <@Gabriel> +com+ No thrust at all, or as little as you can manage at first, cockpit. Macedon, get busy. I want to know everything talking within 20 or 30 AUs of us.
[20:32] <@Gabriel> +com+ Don't anyone get too cozy with the idea of heading straight for the planet. I want the lay of the land first.
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> Commander's perogative. Hold tight, you might have to take over if things get hot.
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> +com+ Ready and waiting, sir.
01[20:33] <@Savant> The tarp pulls away, and Aggie lets Pathfinder tumble out along with it, veiled within its' crumpling sheets. With the tarps being warmed by incident light, they're about as warm as Pathfinder's skin. It's a good sign.
01[20:34] <@Savant> Pathfinder's cameras, black for so long, are suddenly filled with stars and white white light again. The Caprician convoy is a string of blazing white stones set in black ink salt grain stars spread between them.
01[20:35] <@Savant> Beyond, in the distance, almost too small until someone in the cockpit zooms in, is an ugly grey world. Avadon.
01[20:36] <@Savant> The fleet plans to slingshot about the frozen icy lump of a planet on their way to Zion and Praxieteles. The camera pans, shifts, sweeping across the broad disc of the Heofon System.
01[20:37] <@Savant> It is a busy system, twice as apparent as tactical overlays point out planets, asteroid systems, stations, and other information. More planets than Helios or Loki, any more ships than either. A busy system, an industrial system.
[20:38] <@Caelin> ::watches the screen, glancing at scildfreja often::
[20:38] <@Birkin> That's a lot of ships.
01[20:38] <@Savant> Zion swells as the hub of activity outside of Caprice itself; a yellow-orange-red marble, gleaming as Zeus or Indra do, a mighty gas giant. The Heofon system has three.
[20:38] <@Gabriel> ::looks over at Caelin:: Happy to be home?
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She's unable to keep the slime form her face and she squeezes Caelin's hand between the seats::
[20:39] <@Detro> Huh. Crowded sky in this system.
[20:39] <@Caelin> ::nods:: be even happier once we're in new troy, it's been so long
01[20:40] <@Savant> The cameras sweep, and zoom, and pan - Praxiteles looks like an ugly spider in the centre of a web of activity. Hundreds of starships - many of which the Terranovans have never seen before. Thousands of smaller black specks, flitting this way and that. Thousands more half visible in the radioactive clouds of Zion itself.
[20:41] <@Gabriel> ::this is the first thing that made him blink:: I knew there would be automated ships, drones... I knew that. But this many...
01[20:41] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She's unable to keep the smile from her face and she squeezes Caelin's hand between the seats::
[20:41] <@Detro> ...makes me damn glad they've not got those numbers in OUR system.
[20:42] <@Delgado> ::watches what's going on from the med bay, amazed at the sights::
01[20:42] <@Savant> Cameras move on - sweeping across the massive green-blue ball of Nirvana, largest planet, further away from the star than Zeus; across a glittering asteroid belt smeared by the occasional speck of haulers on the move.
[20:42] <@Detro> Even if a Terranovan fleet made it through to Caprice... and through those intermediary systems... ::shudder::
[20:43] <@Gabriel> We're not here to attack, or plan an attack. We're here for information.
[20:43] <@Birkin> We'd need a fleet first.
[20:43] <@Gabriel> ::looks around:: Everyone, we start right here, right now. Everyone pick a camera, pick a view, pick a frequency, pick a planet or a station. The more information, the better.
01[20:43] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::grimly:: They must have a few new autofacs at Zion.
[20:44] <@Birkin> This here ::motions at everything out there the drones the spaceships:: That's all either Steelgate or the CEF isn't it?
[20:44] <@Detro> ::taps into his dataglove, slaving it to a camera and making observations::
01[20:45] <@Savant> Then, Utopia itself - Green and brown and blue, despite the fears of a blasted lifeless planet. The camera zooms, focuses - it's a long ways away.
[20:46] <@Detro> ::focuses his investigation on the shipyards, looking for patrols, cargo lanes, visible defenses::
01[20:46] <@Savant> The globe of the planet is practically laced with tiny glittering specks, like a web; things moving in low orbit, this way and that. Little stations, ships moving to and fro. Busy.
[20:47] <@Delgado> ::tries to move closer to the monitor, like that'd really help, to try to see the surface of Utopia closer and clearer::
[20:48] <@Caelin> ::rubs his eyes a bit as utopia comes onto the screen::
[20:48] <@Detro> ::as he's doing this, works to figure out where any sorts of obseravational posts might be sitting over the planet... or worse, weapons platforms::
01[20:48] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> We all have something. New Troy... not as much right now. Most of this is the Alliance. There are Grenarian miners up here, though, working the aergewerk. Uhm, the old work.
[20:49] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Scild:: You mentioned that before, the Alliance. The Alliance of CEF and Steelgate? Is anyone else part of it?
[20:50] <@Detro> ::murmurs something under his breath about getting as much visual and EM intel NOW, as their next chance might not be until they leave::
01[20:50] <@Savant> Delgado sees more and more scars as she looks closer; a doctor's eye can spot the wounds beneath the lacing of activity easily. Pock marks, blackened lands, deserts in areas that should be tropical. An entire continent-island is brown and bleeds its tepid sickness into the oceans around it.
01[20:52] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods, still watching Utopia on the screen:: Technically everyone is part of the alliance, now. But when you say Alliance, you mean those two. Everyone else was forced in.
[20:53] <@Gabriel> ::nods::
01[20:55] <@Savant> To the north and east of that broken land-mass is the broad swathe of Etrusca, where Steelgate and Greenway reside - as does the CEF's main base upon the planet. You expected to see lights of cities, but there is nothing. Just empty wilderness.
[20:55] <@Caelin> the indepandants still have a small presence up here as well, the terrans haven't considered worth conquering though...
[20:55] <@Delgado> ::winces at the visible destruction. Obviously, the CEF didn't care about the destruction of one planet; they had more to dominate and colonize::
[20:56] <@Gabriel> The CEF didn't do this, Doctor.
[20:56] <@Gabriel> Their take-over of this planet was nearly bloodless.
01[20:56] <@Savant> The other continent is visible only on the fringes of the globe, but apparently that is where Koglund and the Independant states are found.
[20:56] <@Gabriel> <<doh, delete>>
01[20:59] <@Savant> Two moons orbit Utopia, one a great sphere like Terra Nova's Hope, and the other is a semi-asteroid, probably captured and now on a highly ecliptic orbit around the two others. Both are studded with bases, sensor networks, activity of all sorts.
[21:00] <@Detro> ::sets the glove to record as long as he can, to analyze the data over time::
[21:00] <@Gabriel> ::starts to think about how they might get past all that to the planet, then puts that thought aside as premature::
01[21:00] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ We're fifty thousand kilometers from the convoy, in the clear. Welcome to Heofon.
[21:00] <@Marshall> ::focuses on the moons. Traffic, EM, defenses.::
[21:02] <@Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Lieutenant. Let's keep drifting so much as is possible for now, and continue our study.
01[21:02] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> +com+ Yes, sir. Champagne is being served in the flight comaprtment.
[21:03] <@Gabriel> +com+ ::laughs:: Very well.
01[21:04] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:04] <@Savant> there you are Smile welcome to Heofon.
01[21:04] <@Savant> any comments, questions, critiques?
[21:04] <@Gabriel> Lovely job. Smile
[21:04] <@Delgado> Heeeeeofon
[21:04] <@Marshall> Lets get to work.
[21:05] <@Caelin> woooooo
[21:05] <@Birkin> yeah that was awesome
01[21:05] <@Savant> you have an entire system of opportunities ahead of you now.
[21:05] <@Detro> "A mistake at this point will doom you and your (Talon). Have a nice day."
01[21:05] <@Savant> oh, for sure. I hope the past few games have sort of relayed just how isolated you are, now.
01[21:06] <@Savant> it's no longer a question of just making it to the gate to find safety if things go bad.
[21:06] <@Caelin> thats the good news, bad news is we have to figure out how to get to new troy in one peice, caelin and scildfreja don't have any easy ways
01[21:06] <@Savant> Smile
01[21:07] <@Savant> soething to think on.
01[21:07] <@Savant> Teamwork points doens't really apply today. Instead, storyline. what have you learned today? Two shiny points for this one. I want you to be thorough.
[21:07] <@Delgado> Dun dun dunnnnnnn
[21:08] <@Caelin> heofon is a beehive
[21:08] <@Detro> The steel armor has cracks in it that we can exploit.
[21:08] <@Delgado> There are some pretty snazzy connections in the Alliance.
[21:08] <@Delgado> And we met one.
[21:08] <@Marshall> We need to get in contact with these fifth column guys like yesterday
[21:08] <@Gabriel> The big one is the fifth column in the CEF. That's huge. CEF officers working against their own? Can't overestimate that enough. These guys are nearly as well programmed as GREL, and monitored three times as hard.
[21:08] <@Caelin> there's CEF Officials in this as well
[21:09] <@Caelin> or steelgate officials
01[21:09] <@Savant> to be fair, most of the Fifth Column is Utopian. But there are some Earthers, and they're the scariest. They overcame the propaganda that's flooded them, and at the same time are smart enough to keep the CEF thinking that they're loyal.
[21:09] <@Gabriel> Next is the interesting idea of CEF customs. Steelgate might think they own the planet, but their ownership obviously stops about 10 feet past the atmosphere, the ships in space around the system notwithstanding.
[21:10] <@Marshall> Earth's Iron Fist.
[21:10] <@Gabriel> CEF gets to decide who goes to Utopia and who doesn't. I suspect someone in Steelgate has thought of this, but maybe not. Wink
[21:10] <@Detro> It's also safe to say that being this secure, this is where the next fleet to attack TN will come from.
01[21:10] <@Savant> that may be part of the reason for the existence of the Fifth Column Wink
[21:11] <@Gabriel> Hee.
01[21:11] <@Savant> Roughly half of the military ships in system turn out to be CEF. The rest you've never seen before
[21:11] <@Marshall> Likely Utopian.
[21:11] <@Caelin> steelgate
[21:11] <@Detro> ...and that the next fleet to attack TN might not even be all CEF.
[21:11] <@Gabriel> Third one from me is just kind of my interest. CEF is helping haul materials through three freakin' gates to Utopia... instead of Earth.
01[21:11] <@Savant> Some absolute monster carriers, at least 2 new Gateships, cruisers galore.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> I wonder why that is? Maybe Earth's manufacturing isn't particularly good.
[21:12] <@Detro> Actually, how many jumps to Earth?
01[21:12] <@Savant> a very good question
[21:12] <@Birkin> Or else its cheaper to make things here
[21:12] <@Gabriel> One intervening system.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> So two jumps.
[21:12] <@Detro> Or there's problems back on Earth. Wink
01[21:12] <@Savant> Earth has one system, Portal, between it and Caprice.
01[21:12] <@Savant> Portal is ridiculously well guarded.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> Anyway, I'll stop there and let someone else have a turn.
01[21:13] <@Savant> anyone else have anything insightful to say?
01[21:13] <@Savant> commentary about Utopia itself?
[21:13] <@Detro> Shot my wad, Jester's was biggert.
01[21:13] <@Savant> ew
[21:13] <@Caelin> are there any other gates in heofon?
[21:13] <@Delgado> Bommm
[21:13] <@Birkin> I like the idea that New Troy hasn't totally lost its space operations. For some reason I thought that they had and were only on the ground now.
[21:14] <@Marshall> Clearly very busy. Looks like they're recovering quite well. Wink
01[21:14] <@Savant> yes. The gates to Jotunheim and Botany BAy are here, as well as a jump to a dead system.
[21:14] <@Birkin> Also was this operation clearly bigger than anything on Caprice or Earth that we have seen?
01[21:14] <@Savant> you've never seen Earth before, but it's certainly bigger than Caprice or Terra Nova.
[21:14] <@Caelin> maybe the CEF is gearing up for a campaign to jotunheim
[21:15] <@Birkin> Oh. Something from before. We were given that data crystal that had information on it about Eden. What was that all about?
01[21:15] <@Savant> New Troy is mostly on the ground. Apparently Utopia ha always held on to their space capacity.
01[21:16] <@Savant> mostly a report on the viability of pushing forward the Eden invasion. It's being blocked by conservatives back on Earth who feel that they need to secure Atlantis first, but they are going to send a few recon teams.
01[21:16] <@Savant> Tenth Fleet goons.
[21:16] <@Caelin> lets see, caprice is mostly the staging area for terranova, utopia would be the next staging area for jotunheim and botany bay, makes sense right?
[21:17] <@Birkin> They already own Botany Bay, or so we heard
01[21:17] <@Savant> yes. There is actually very little talk of Jotunheim invasions, at least from the intel you know, which is now pretty old.
01[21:17] <@Savant> they've captured Botany Bay, yes.
[21:17] <@Birkin> The fact that Earth now has a peice of this operation that's bigger than anything we have seen is... Disturbing to say the least.
[21:17] <@Birkin> We need to do something to strain these relations.
[21:17] <@Caelin> wouldn't have been hard to retake botany bay really considering what it was used as:)
01[21:18] <@Savant> The Utopians explain that this is the most activity this system has seen since the terraforming. There's been a lot of buildup over the past 10 years.
[21:18] <@Marshall> "Botany Bay? Botany Bay! Oh no!"
01[21:18] <@Savant> Botany Bay was dead when they got there. no one was alive.
[21:18] <@Detro> That's 'cause the aliens got 'em.
[21:18] <@Birkin> It was a prison, I imagine the guards and prisoners didnt survive a year
01[21:19] <@Savant> there are several plays about the fate of Botany Bay on Utopia, though. Popular psychological horror trope.
01[21:19] <@Savant> Botany BAy was barely habitable. dependant on constant shipments from other planets.
[21:19] <@Marshall> "Allow me to introduce you to Ceti Alpha Five's only remaining...indigeonus life form." Wink
01[21:19] <@Savant> anyways. That's two points Smile I will give you a third if you can each give me a different goal, mission, or thing you want to explore or know or do in this system.
01[21:20] <@Savant> and go
[21:20] <@Detro> Come up with an electronic RAID, so we can stop drones dead.
[21:20] <@Birkin> Figure out a difference of opinon between Earth and Steelgate. And drive the wedge home.
[21:20] <@Marshall> Utopian Tech. I'm going to start there.
01[21:20] <@Savant> something serious please.
[21:20] <@Detro> I am serious. It would be quite advantageous for us to have a non-weapon way of disabling drones.
[21:21] <@Detro> Especially if we're on foot.
[21:21] <@Delgado> Learn more about the Koglund/Utopian people as a whole. Learn about their medical technology and their handling of radiation.
[21:21] <@Detro> Better yet, to co-opt them for ourselves.
01[21:22] <@Savant> agreed, but i'd rather you didn't say it as a quip so that I know you're serious Wink
01[21:22] <@Savant> need one from Caelin and Gabriel before you get the point Smile
[21:22] <@Detro> If it were just a quip, it'd been followed by something intentionally serious.
01[21:22] <@Savant> what about their tech, Marshall?
[21:23] <@Marshall> Well, the thing that interests me most right now is a tie between the stealth technology and the automation technology.
01[21:23] <@Savant> a tie between?
01[21:23] <@Savant> how they automate their stealth systems?
[21:23] <@Marshall> I'm not sure which one I like more =)
01[21:23] <@Savant> (because they do Smile )
[21:24] <@Caelin> caelin will want to know whats changed since they left, see how his son's been doing, and then there's the matter of him and scildfreja getting hitched;)
[21:24] <@Marshall> I want to know if they have true AI.
[21:24] <@Gabriel> I'd settle for learning the intentions of the top Steelgate guys toward the growing war. Fine, they let the CEF help them conquer their planet. But are they throwing themselves in fully on the CEF side? What are they getting out of it, if so?
01[21:24] <@Savant> good goals, Caelin Wink
[21:24] <@Gabriel> All BT01 really successfully did was learn that the CEF had future intentions toward TN, after all. Wink
01[21:25] <@Savant> a good goal, Gabriel.
[21:25] <@Birkin> Do we have the time that BT01 did though?
[21:25] <@Gabriel> We have more.
01[21:25] <@Savant> BT01 didn't have much time at all. Earth was busy building an asteroid-slingin superweapon at that point Wink
01[21:25] <@Savant> that's three points. well done all Smile I encourage you to consider your next moves over the coming week.
01[21:26] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Depths -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. The Depths in Session'
[18:30] <@Detro> ::slacks off in the absense of any commanding officers::
03[18:30] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
01[18:31] <@Savant> hello and welcome to another exciting episode of the Black Talons
01[18:31] <@Savant> we are a little sparse tonight, folks. Fraser is neck deep in work, Prescot has vanished for the night for some reason, and Jester is several miles overhead.
[18:32] <@Detro> I told Jester he should have brought matches and use smoke signals. I guess the DHS frowns on that though...
01[18:32] <@Savant> who's chips are in? Do we have enough for something here? Voice it on up.
[18:32] <@Delgado> Hrm.
[18:32] <@Marshall> hooah
[18:32] <@Detro> I'm here, but not really brain-here.
[18:32] <@Caelin> jake is playing catch-up
01[18:33] <@Savant> My intention is to run a character-esque game, allowing you the chance to investigate the star system and pursue your own projects, as well as meet a real live Utopian - other than the two you know already.
[18:33] <@Marshall> Our XO's have a vanishing curse.
01[18:34] <@Savant> so you could consider it an aftersim with plotline more than anything Wink
01[18:34] <@Savant> i'd like yes or no answers if i could please.
01[18:34] <@Savant> I have one yes so far.
[18:34] <@Detro> ::shrugs, indifferent::
01[18:34] <@Savant> one yes, one abstain.
[18:35] <@Caelin> lets go for it
01[18:35] <@Savant> Itz?
[18:35] <@Delgado> Woo.
01[18:35] <@Savant> woo
01[18:35] <@Savant> then let me brief you briefly.
01[18:35] <@Savant> The Depths
01[18:35] <@Savant> 14 November UC462 (4 Autumn TN1946), 1200h - Morning
01[18:35] <@Savant> Sinone Belt, Utopia
01[18:35] <@Savant> 32 Kelvin, low radiation (0.5 Rads/hr)
01[18:35] <@Savant> Having nothing to do has never been so busy. Black Talon 05 has spent the past two weeks tumbling in-system from the Utopian gate and has been hard at work during the trip. Recording, cataloguing, analysing; the amount of information coming into Pathfinder is staggering. You could spend weeks with just what you have to this point, and it's still coming in.
01[18:35] <@Savant> You have passed through a great number of orbits, through the Aureolas belt, and are now in the Sinone Belt - much closer to Utopia's sun, Heofon. Here, Caelin tells you, you will meet someone who can help you get onto Utopia proper, though he isn't giving much in the way of details as to *how*. Until then, there is certainly a lot to be said about the magnificent view.
01[18:35] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:35] <@Delgado> ack
[18:35] <@Detro> ack
[18:36] <@Marshall> ack
01[18:36] <@Savant> questions?
[18:36] <@Delgado> Naw
01[18:36] <@Savant> word.
01[18:37] <@Savant> again, fairly aftersimmy tonight. Max and relax, yo. I got the gin if you got the juice, if you know what i'm sayin.
01[18:37] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:38] <@Savant> Pathfinder hangs listless amongst the asteroids, searching and waiting for sign of the miner which Caelin swears is out here. You've burned two weeks of consumables to get here, with any luck he's right...
[18:39] <@Detro> ::emerges from the loo:: That's it. Next person who hands me one of those "Gumbo" rations for dinner, I'm shoving them out the airlock.
01[18:39] <@Savant> All in all, however, it's been a marvellous voyage. Lots of information gathered on the way in, and remarkable views that no Terranovan has seen in centuries.
01[18:40] <@Savant> Right now, the viewers trained outside show a glittering band like a second milky way - the speckled Sinone asteroid belt - wrapping around a burning golden sun.
[18:40] <@Detro> ::glides over to his couch, "sitting" on the edge of it while he dons his dataglove::
[18:40] <@Caelin> ::sits at one of the fury's computer terminals with his own laptop out, going over sensor readings, comparing them with what he had from when him and scildfreja left, as well as keeping an eye out for his contact::
[18:41] <@Delgado> ::is wandering around the halls of the ship with no purpose. She's been wandering aimlessly like this for the past day or two, like a caged animal::
01[18:41] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Scildfreja has been fast asleep for the past few hours. She spent the last twenty staring at screens, adsorbed in trying to find sign of the enigmatic asteroid miner. OR perhaps she's just soaking in the views of home. Either way, she's passed out and velcroed to the wall beside Caelin::
[18:42] <@Marshall> ::tirelessly processing the massive amounts of data coming in from all of Pathfinder's information gathering systems::
[18:44] <@Detro> ::his eyes roam the various heads present, and notes one missing:: Where's our resident mad scientist?
01[18:44] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Cory MAcedon is not in the cockpit for once. The curly-haired Southern Humanist is in the crew compartment, watching terminals while being able to stretch out a little::
01[18:44] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> She made me give up my seat. She wanted to 'sit in the command post', she said.
[18:45] <@Delgado> ::walks past the door the moment Detro speaks and calls back out as she continues on her way:: Who cares? Where's this miner we've been waiting around for that we're still waiting around for?
[18:46] <@Detro> Well, why don't you go find Juno. And while you're at it, have her design an engine that runs on that Whine you're producing non-stop.
[18:46] <@Delgado> ::flips Detro off behind her as she continues on her way::
[18:47] <@Detro> ::shouts after the departing Delgado:: Why don't you save it to try to get that bug out of your ass?
01[18:49] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Raises an eyebrow at the scene between Delgado and Detro, but doesnt' comment to either of them. He crosses his arms and floats in front of the wallscreen instead::
[18:49] <@Marshall> ::smirks:: Go easy on her. She's "sensitive".
[18:49] <@Detro> ::snort::
[18:50] <@Detro> If she's going to be that sensitive this entire mission, we should just leave her in orbit and let her stew.
[18:51] <@Caelin> ::hmms as he watches the screens:: it's been a few years since i've talked to him ::gets macedon's attention and points to a window on his laptop screen:: keep watch for drones that look like that, they're called Bitelora
01[18:51] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Bitelora, huh? ::squints, taps the screen a few times, adding a few clever filters to the view::
01[18:52] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Like those over there? ::taps at a point on the screen, which brings up a zoomed-in panel::
01[18:53] <@Savant> The zoomed in panel displays a rotund cyllinder of a machine, capped on one end with a stubby engine nozzle and at the other by arms, sensors, drills and other mechanical bits. Like a microscopic animal exploded to tremendous size.
[18:53] <@Detro> ::goes back to his monitoring of what CEF and Utopian traffic he can monitor::
[18:54] <@Caelin> ::looks up and squints a bit:: ahh, yes, thank you, can you get us close enough for radio?
[18:54] <@Delgado> ::continues to tramp through the ship, muttering to herself under her breath at Detro's response::
01[18:55] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Sure. ::pulls himself back into the pilot's compartment::
01[18:56] <@Savant> There's the sound of jovial and good natured bickering, a falsetto ultimatum, statements of dubious parentage, and a brief scuffle. Then Juno comes tumbling ass-over-teakettle through the hatch back to the living compartment, looking strangely serene for all that.
[18:57] <@Delgado> ::pauses and turns around, staring at Juno:: .... Problem?
[18:57] <@Marshall> Hey Juno.
[18:57] <@Detro> ::waves a hand absentmindedly at Juno before returning it to the dataglove::
01[18:57] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::shrugs midair, wearing a complacent smile:: We mutually agreed that he ought to get his seat back.
01[18:58] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::ploughs limply into the back wall of the cabin like a slow motion tran wreck::
[18:58] <@Delgado> .... Ah.
01[18:59] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> We are very civilized Smile ::upside down, she grabs onto a railing and keeps herself from careening off again::
01[19:00] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Shouting from the pilot's compartment:: What do you want to say to them, Armiger?
[19:01] <@Delgado> ::attemps to follow Juno with her head and almost falls over as the woman continues to tumble and roll around until finding a spot:: I think Marshall is in there. You should go be civilized to him. ::points her in the right direction::
01[19:03] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Is it alone time already? Jees, I thought that was just over.
[19:04] <@Detro> Hope you guys trust this guy.
[19:05] <@Caelin> ::pushes off into the front cabin before responding to macedon:: can i have the radio?
01[19:06] <@Savant> 2Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Sure. ::points at the "hot" key:: push that when you want to transmit live.
[19:08] <@Caelin> ::comes down a bit to reach the button, clears his voice a bit, then pushes::Big Bear to Uncle Berc, can you read me Uncle Berc?
01[19:09] <@Savant> There is no immediate vocal reply, though after a moment the drone being targeted by Pathfinder turns its alien bug-eyed face to the source of the transmission
[19:11] <@Delgado> ::makes her way back up the ship, heading for where everone is after she hears attempts at communication:: Finally...
[19:11] <@Caelin> ::pushes again::I see you still got those old diggers out there working, i can still get you a couple brand new ones you know
01[19:12] <@Savant> A reply does eventually come, clear despite the fact that all the Talons can see is a pair of these hydra-drones at work
[19:13] <@Detro> ::as the reply comes in, he stops taking notes and listens as best he can from here::
[19:13] <@Delgado> ::pokes her head in, watching and listening in on the going ons::
01[19:13] <@Savant> 5Voice> +com+ These old autos have served me well all this time and you know it, my boy. It's good to hear your voice!
01[19:14] <@Savant> The voice sounds aged, tired, but still with a chord of vitality to it. It has a very strong accent which the Talons can only think of as Utopian, that guttural Agenspraec lilt.
01[19:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::head snaps up, suddenly awake, as she hears the voice. She shakes out her limbs to wake them and pulls her way to the hatch where everyone else is crowding::
[19:15] <@Delgado> ::shrugs slightly:: At least he sounds friendly.
[19:16] <@Marshall> That's one on our side. Couple billion to go.
[19:16] <@Caelin> ::pushes:: it's good to hear your's as well old man, how long has it been?
01[19:16] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> That must be Bercthun.
[19:17] <@Delgado> ::moves aside to make room for Scildfreja:: Who?
01[19:17] <@Savant> 5Voice> Too long, Caelin, too long! Are you passing through or can you stay and talk to an old man awhile?
01[19:18] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She doesn't seem to have much thought for personal space at the moment, but she doesn't plough past everyone - especially when she realizes it's voice only:: Bercthun Leacweard. Caelin's uncle.
[19:19] <@Caelin> ::pushes:: well actually, remember what we talked about last? well it happened, and i just got back in the area, wanted to catch up on some things, do you mind coming over for a visit?
[19:20] <@Delgado> Ah. So... your uncle too, now. ::smirks::
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> +com+ I'm a bit laid up right now; howabout you come to visit me instead? I'll put some tea on.
01[19:21] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::grins a surprisingly sudden and bright grin, as if she hadn't realized that until Delgado pointed it out:: Soon.
[19:22] <@Detro> ::wry grin... only reminding him that unlike those two, his lover was far far away now::
[19:22] <@Delgado> ::grins back as she nods:: Soon.
[19:23] <@Caelin> ::pushes::sounds good, give me your location and i'll be there shortly, do you mind if i bring some guests as well?
01[19:24] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> +com+ So long as they've got manners. Follow Ectberth.
01[19:25] <@Savant> The four-armed hydra-drone swivels in space from its duties, leaving drifting asteroid debris behind it; it turns to face Pathfinder before scudding off into the denser parts of the field
[19:25] <@Caelin> ::smirks, pushes::right, big bear out
[19:25] <@Delgado> ::snorts softly as she mutters to herself:: 'Mind if I bring some Terra Novan special forces along?' 'Of course not.'
01[19:25] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::Glances at Aggie for confirmation before pushing PAthfinder off in the direction that the drone leads::
[19:26] <@Caelin> ::nods to aggie:: follow that drone
01[19:27] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> I thought he was dihglum?
[19:28] <@Detro> ::observes the interchange in silence::
01[19:30] <@Savant> Pathfinder glides along behind the drone - awkward and ugly as it was, it moved with great precision. A few more of the things can be seen as the Fury travels along.
[19:30] <@Caelin> ::turns and floats out into the living area nodding to freja:: this is his idea of rest i guess, though...::glances over to delgado:: you wouldn't happen to have anything for persistant luekemia would you?
[19:30] <@Delgado> ::arches an eyebrow then looks between Freja and Caelin for confirmation and more detail::
01[19:31] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::grabs and holds onto Caelin's sleeve as he enters the room, too keep pace with him easier:: He sounds well. Well enough.
[19:31] <@Delgado> ::blinks suddenly as her attention is called for:: Ah... well, it depends on the origin.
[19:33] <@Delgado> ::watches the both of them, wondering what the full story is::
01[19:33] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Glances from Delgado to Caelin, then lets go of Caelin's cuff to leave him to explain while she watches the asteroids for signs of her soon to be uncle::
[19:33] <@Detro> ::smirks:: Sounds like you'll be making a housecall soon, doc.
[19:34] <@Caelin> ::pats freja's hand:: yes he does, can't blame me for worrying though
[19:35] <@Delgado> ::glances at Detro then looks back to Caelin:: Sounds like it.
01[19:36] <@Savant> A squat, ugly building - spaceship perhaps? spacehip with legs? - comes into view, clinging in the crater-pocked body of a potato-shaped asteroid. It clings to the rock with the tenacity of any parasite.
[19:37] <@Marshall> Aestetic quality to be desired.
[19:37] <@Detro> No. Aestetic fail.
[19:37] <@Detro> ::makes a scrunchy face examining it::
[19:37] <@Delgado> ::rolls her eyes at the two::
01[19:38] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::grins at the ugly building-spaceship:: That's an old Ambithera.
[19:39] <@Caelin> ::to delgado:: food and water, very often gets contaminated by radiation, most of it can be screened out, but....often people aren't so lucky
01[19:40] <@Savant> Pathfinder puffs to a stop near the asteroid, a short hop away - Jeremi doesn't seem ot want to get too close to the thing, what with the cloud of light debris around it
[19:44] <@Delgado> ::nods, what she was suspecting now confirmed:: I see. I'll know more when I actually examine him. ::smiles weakly:: That's all I say for now.
[19:45] <@Caelin> ::continues down to the vehicle, pausing only a moment to glance at detro, marshal and juno:: you're welcome to come as well ::thinks:: i wonder if there's enough room over there...
01[19:46] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Smiles again, apparently in a very good mood, as she goes to collect her suit helmet and a rifle::
[19:46] <@Detro> ::wanders along, figuring it'd be good to stretch the legs::
[19:46] <@Delgado> ::pushes off from the doorjam to gather her things, especially needed medical equipment::
[19:48] <@Caelin> ::gathers his gear as well and suits up for the trip::
[19:49] <@Delgado> ::suits up and goes to stand by Caelin and Freja, taking her cues from them::
01[19:49] <@Savant> The Utopians and their allies suit up and crowd into the airlock, using short bursts from the jets in their belts to get down to the asteroid. it is too small to have any gravity, but the presence of that amount of rock is comforting to the ground dwellers
01[19:51] <@Savant> One of the strange looking mining drones floats close by, watching as a shepherd might. It looks huge and even more ugly close up like that, not to mention more than a little vicious. The drills and grinders and spikes look macabre in the sharp starlight.
[19:51] <@Caelin> ::puffs the jets a bit till he gets close enough to press a button near the airlock hatch, then waits for it to cycle through for them::
01[19:51] <@Savant> It's a short trip down to the grey Ambithera, and another airlock, which admits them presently.
[19:52] <@Delgado> ::eyes the drone as she passes by, wondering why each drone, despite what task it does, just looks so goddamn scary::
[19:52] <@Caelin> ::enters the airlock and waits for the others::+com+ remember, manners here please
[19:53] <@Detro> ::says nothing, just nots::
[19:53] <@Detro> <<nods>>
[19:53] <@Delgado> ::nods once::
[19:54] <@Marshall> ::smirks and nods::
01[19:55] <@Savant> The airlock is small enough that everyone has to press in in order to get through in one go, but you do, and cool air fills the can before you're admitted in.
[19:56] <@Caelin> ::removes his helmet as the inner hatch opens up::Uncle Berc?
01[19:57] <@Savant> Immediately present is a single chamber, the width of the Ambithera and furnished sparsely and rather tastefully. The walls are pinned with heavy embroidered banners, a few weapons are near the lockers by the airlock hatch. There are several crates lashed to the wall, probably where the bedding and supplies are.
[19:57] <@Delgado> ::follows Caelin's cue and takes her helmet off, tucking it under her arm that's holding her medkit::
[19:58] <@Detro> ::undogs his helmet, getting a whiff of the air::
01[19:58] <@Savant> A single door on the opposite side leads into what must be a kitchen/hygiene room, where warm yellow light comes from.
01[19:59] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::From the kitchen:: Son, come in! Just a minute.
[20:01] <@Delgado> ::for some reason feels a bit tense as Bercthun hasn't revealed himself yet and is asking them to move into an unknown closed area. She stays where she is, glancing about::
[20:01] <@Caelin> ::steps in further::you've certainly made a good home here
01[20:01] <@Savant> There are a few control monitors in this room, but no keyboards, little in the way of spaceship hardware. It looks like a living room, a little cooler than Pathfinder but not a lot. The air doesn't smell as stale, either.
01[20:03] <@Savant> The man appears from the portal on the opposite side, wearing a smile bigger than the Terranovans thought a Utopian could make. He's marked with age and his once strong body is clearly thin with illness, but his eyes are lit with warmth
01[20:03] <@Savant> He's wearing a pressure suit similar to Caelin and Scildfreja, but overtop is a loose whinte and blue robe, impractical in the microgravity.
01[20:04] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::walks over with adhesive slippers, and gies Caelin a big familiar hug:: Ah, it's good to see you, Bear. Good you've come! And what a trip you've had, too!
[20:05] <@Delgado> ::visibly relaxes as she finally sees Bercthun::
[20:07] <@Detro> ::hangs in the back of the group, quiet, observing::
[20:07] <@Caelin> ::returns the hug::good to see you too, to say the least, you probably wouldn't believe me if i told you where i had been all this time, luckily i've brought proof ::motions to the others:: Scildfreja you know but finally get to meet in person.
01[20:08] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::releases him and looks at the rest:: Freja! Oh, you were just a girl when I saw you last, weren't you? ::Laughs and ruffles her hair as if she were still just a child::
01[20:08] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> And you've got other friends with you, too. ::squints:: Independants?
[20:09] <@Delgado> ::can't help but grin as Bercthun ruffles Freja's hair and still keeps his hand::
01[20:10] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Briefly tenses and looks as if she's going to explode into confetti; but she restrains it and immediately begins fussing to get her hair back into its proper order::
[20:10] <@Caelin> ::nods::more than you know uncle ::points::lang marshall, detro takira and xochitl delgado, from terranova
[20:12] <@Marshall> ::nods as he is introduced::
[20:12] <@Delgado> ::nods once to Bercthun then speaks politely:: Halen, Leacweard. Hal jae est?
01[20:14] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Eyes widen a little, and the lean man nods to each of them. He seems pleasantly surprised by Delgado:: Halen, Teranoa. Jae araene.
01[20:15] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Come in. Tea? ::turns back to the kitchen, looking stiff and sore, and would probably be in greater pain yet if it weren't for the lack of gravity.::
[20:17] <@Caelin> ::nods::yes please
[20:18] <@Delgado> ::smiles but it doesn't quite reach her eyes as she watches him closely. His answer along with his movement spoke volumes::
01[20:19] <@Savant> There's nowhere to sit, but with the lack of gravity it's really not surprising. There are several cushioned belt-down spots however, blending in with the lush colours of the tapestries.
[20:20] <@Caelin> ::moves over to one of the cushions and straps himself in, motioning to the others to do the same::
[20:20] <@Delgado> ::moves over to a vacant cushion and straps in, securing her helmet and medkit as well::
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::re-emerges from the kitchen with several ceramic canisters, complete with thin metal straws. steam billows out of the straws little little chimneys:: The trip to Terra Nova must have been very long.
[20:22] <@Delgado> ::makes something akin to a snort and snarl at that comment::
[20:23] <@Detro> ::tkaes advantage of one of the belt-down spot::
[20:23] <@Caelin> ::nods a bit:: well we actually didn't expect to end up there, our original mission was to scout for allies on caprice
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::grins wider at the reply and passes the doctor a cup with a gnarled hand::
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Finds a spot "beneath" Caelin, upon the floor with him on the wall beside her - or pehraps she is on the wall and he the ceiling::
[20:25] <@Delgado> ::offers a smile as she takes the cup:: Andetan.
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::with a nod, still smiling:: Getandetan. So Caprice, hm? Full of corporate suits and terrans, I hear. And Terranovans?
[20:29] <@Marshall> We were doing the same as you actually. Looking for allies against the Earthers.
[20:29] <@Delgado> ::takes a sip of the warm beverage as she listens::
[20:29] <@Caelin> ::nods::turns out the terrans don't have as strong of a hold as they'd like to think there, also turned out terranova had been sending small groups to infiltrate over the years
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> So, the Terranovans make war on Terra as well. ::nods approvingly, his smile darkened by the deep furrows of wrinkles::
[20:31] <@Caelin> ::continues:: there was an...incident... in the caprcian city that caught our attention, after some investigating we tracked and eventually made contact with this team
01[20:32] <@Savant> ((bah. that was obviously Bercthun saying the previous.))
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Passes a cup of tea to the others, one at a time, leaving him one for himself. He doesn't take a seat but instead just lets his adhesive slippers keep him in place:: You always were the best lead Troy had to offer, Caelin.
01[20:34] <@Savant> The tea is hot and bitter, though not so hot as to be scalding and not so bitter as to be unpalatable. The taste specifically, however, is entirely foreign.
[20:34] <@Delgado> ::looks down at her 'cup' as Caelin mentions the 'incident'. Apparently it was still a tender subject for her::
[20:39] <@Caelin> ::takes the cup and nods:: thank you, though i'm sure there's someone better ::smirks a bit::scildfreja certainly did a wonderful job out there
01[20:40] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::notes the change in tone but doesnt' do anything about it, he just smiles knowingly and drinks his own tea:: I'm sure of it. I'm sure she'll take good care of you, too.
[20:41] <@Delgado> ::steals a glance at Freja for a reaction::
01[20:42] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::She seems a bit embarrassed and a bit proud, and trying unsuccessfully to hide both. What's more, she seems far more relaxed and willing to show anything at all::
01[20:42] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> You'll be travelling back to Troy right away then?
[20:44] <@Caelin> ::nods, trying hard not to blush::yes, i was hoping you'd be able to give us a hand with that, it seems the terrans and republicans have been quite busy lately, what has been happening on this side of the gate lately anyway?
01[20:47] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Sighs and releases his cup, crossing his thin arms:: It's busy. Ships, more ships that we've ever seen. Hundreds. Thousands. I don't have a good count. It's war, and the Republicans are going to take the war to wherever the Terrans say.
[20:48] <@Detro> ::Frowns::
[20:49] <@Caelin> ::nods:: they made a push against terranova about a year or so ago, and sounds like Atlantis has been giving them trouble too
[20:49] <@Delgado> ::frowns at the news as it confirms a suspicion she already had with the GREL retrovirus::
01[20:50] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> They're re-activating old prewar mines and factories, they're ... well, you can see outside as well as I. But they can't do it fast enough for their liking, and they puish harder. So it's stalemate, caused by not haivng enough resources.
[20:52] <@Caelin> ::nods:: i noticed activity near Avadon, and Praxiteles is quite crowded
[20:54] <@Caelin> what about Troy? have you kept in contact with them?
01[20:54] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::*now* he looks mournfully downwards:: I haven't heard from them in a time now.
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::goes white and looks at her cup intently::
[20:55] <@Delgado> ::pays closer attention at the silent exchange going on::
[20:56] <@Caelin> ::frowns:: how long ago?
01[20:58] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Almost a year, now. Too long. The Grenarians tell me they're still down there, but they don't know anything but rumour.
[21:00] <@Detro> ::quietly:: And the news before then?
[21:01] <@Caelin> ::thinks a moment looking at scildfreja:: shortly after we left then, keeping silent till we came back maybe?
01[21:02] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Shrugs - he's refreshingly unconcerned with secrecy, but still hasn't a lot to say:: They were harrying the Republican armies when they could, before. Now? Who knows. Perhaps we've gotten *too* good at hiding.
[21:03] <@Delgado> Hope so... ::mutters softly as she raises her cup to her lips for a sip::
[21:05] <@Caelin> ::shrugs and nods:: we were in the process of upgrading all autos when we left, and there was talk of a new deep city being constructed, they might have been focusing on that
01[21:08] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> I wish I knew. Of course, I don't expect them to tell me, being up here alone. I'm no armiger. ::smiles briefly:: But the old work is going well.
[21:10] <@Caelin> ::nods::now, about you, you'll have to forgive me for worrying, but how have you been doing out here alone?
01[21:11] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::HE waves a hand dismissively:: Doesn't matter, son. I abide.
01[21:12] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::frowns:: Of course it matters.
[21:12] <@Delgado> ::perks up:: No, he'd like to know. As do I. ::gestures to her medkit:: I'm a doctor. I... might be able to help.
[21:15] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit as he expected that answer, holds a hand up to delgado in a "wait" gesture::i'm sure you do, but if you'd like anything i'm sure these people could part with some supplies, in exchange for any help you can give us ::smiles::
01[21:16] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::sighs and relents, as if he were indulging his kids:: No no, you keep your things, you need them more than I. I'm doing as well as a man with leukemia ought.
[21:18] <@Delgado> But you can always do better. If nothing else, let me at least see what I can do for your pain.
01[21:20] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::shrugs and aquiesces cheerily enough:: Don't waste your things on an old man like me. Take care of yourselves first. But do what you like.
[21:21] <@Delgado> ::grins:: Famous last words.
03[21:22] * Detro is now known as Farrell_AFK
01[21:22] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::smirks, her humour returning slowly:: for who?
[21:24] <@Caelin> ::smirks::i guess i should warn you that terranova does medicine differently than us, all about painkillers
01[21:25] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> really? Sounds enlightened.
[21:27] <@Delgado> Oh yes. We like to lay them on heavy. Easier to take advantage of people that way.
01[21:28] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::looks at Caelin and Scildfreja wide-eyed:: what *have* you been donig on these strange foreign planets?
[21:28] <@Delgado> ::grins::
[21:29] <@Caelin> ::sighs and glances at scildfreja:: you get to tell him about Ashanti
01[21:30] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Me? Why do *I* have to tell him about Ashanti?
01[21:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:30] <@Savant> i think that's a good pause point Wink
[21:31] <@Delgado> hehe
[21:32] <@Caelin> yeah
01[21:32] <@Savant> no expees right now. it's a bit quiet, and i'll give you guys something special for sticking it out. not sure what yet.
[21:33] <@Delgado> Word.
01[21:33] <@Savant> he does have pretty harsh leukemia, you'l find.
[21:34] <@Delgado> Aww.
01[21:34] <@Savant> poor guy Sad
01[21:34] <@Savant> he's obviously gotten treatment int he past, but it wasn't enough
06[21:35] * @Delgado nods
01[21:36] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Depths -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. The Depths in Session'
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Birkin> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Delgado> :attn::
[18:30] <@Caelin> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
01[18:30] <@Savant> good evening, and welcome yet again to another episode of the Black Talons! I'm your host.
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> we did play last week, but it was sort of a slowbie, so we're going to do a pseudo-recap here
01[18:32] <@Savant> not that we are evicting the old events, oh no.
01[18:32] <@Savant> No, we will .... well, I will brief you and perhaps it will all be made clear.
01[18:32] <@Savant> The Depths
01[18:32] <@Savant> 14 November UC462 (4 Autumn TN1946), 1500h - Late Morning
01[18:32] <@Savant> Sinone Belt, Utopia
01[18:32] <@Savant> 32 Kelvin, low radiation (0.5 Rads/hr)
01[18:32] <@Savant> Having nothing to do has never been so busy. Black Talon 05 has spent the past two weeks tumbling in-system from the Utopian gate and has been hard at work during the trip. Recording, cataloguing, analysing; the amount of information coming into Pathfinder is staggering. You could spend weeks with just what you have to this point, and it's still coming in.
01[18:32] <@Savant> You have passed through a great number of orbits, through the Aureolas belt, and are now in the Sinone Belt - much closer to Utopia's sun, Heofon. Here you have met a man named Bercthun Leacweard, an elderly man who nonetheless seems to have enough wits about him to live out here alone.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Having sent over a greeting party consisting of three Talons and the two Utopians, it was determined safe enough for the rest of the group to come to the living capsule the old Koglunder makes his home. From here, it is hoped, the Talons will learn a way onto Utopia proper, and with any luck, perhaps a little bit more about recent events...
01[18:32] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:32] <@Caelin> ack
01[18:32] <@Savant> questions?
[18:33] <@Gabriel> ack, and ::raises::
[18:33] <@Marshall> ack
[18:33] <@Birkin> ack
01[18:33] <@Savant> Yes, Gabriel?
[18:33] <@Gabriel> Where's Bercthun live?
01[18:33] <@Savant> on a rock orbiting Heofon Smile in the Sinone Belt.
[18:33] <@Gabriel> Describe the setting for our studio audience.
[18:33] <@Gabriel> So, impervious to vacuum and radiation. Got it. Razz
01[18:34] <@Savant> my opening lines for the game are descriptions of where you are, but that's the basics. He lives in an Ambithera orbiting the sun.
[18:34] <@Caelin> it's like the ambithera caelin and scildfreja have with them, but bigger
01[18:34] <@Savant> a trailer house with legs.
[18:34] <@Marshall> It's a mining Ambithera. Wink
02[18:34] * @Detro (CptFarrell@cpe-72-224-220-219.maine.res.rr.com) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
01[18:35] <@Savant> that good? Anyone else?
01[18:36] <@Savant> you socialize while I text Fraser, see if he's dead yet.
[18:36] <@Marshall> We have all the same people as last week with the addition of Birkin and Gabriel.
[18:36] <@Caelin> ::shuffles about a bit::
01[18:37] <@Savant> okay. We'll see if he replies. In the meantime, evreyone got the basic idea? The "command Staff" of the Talons are going to come over now that it's been cleared.
[18:37] <@Caelin> well if detro comes back we will
[18:37] <@Delgado> Word.
01[18:38] <@Savant> shall we begin with Tynes and Birkin coming over? It's a short spacewalk.
[18:38] <@Caelin> sure
[18:38] <@Gabriel> Sounds good.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Fraser is apparently dead, but he is scheduled for resurrection next week.
01[18:39] <@Savant> which is exciting Smile
06[18:39] * @Gabriel will believe it when he sees it.
01[18:39] <@Savant> you know what that means... big GREL fight!
01[18:40] <@Savant> anyways. Enoug of a wait to see if Dennis gets back. He can hope in when he reconnects.
01[18:40] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:40] <@Savant> You have been within this asteroid field for almost two days now, and fortunately enough it seems as if your nearness to the sun makes it difficult to spot you. Your time in the belt has been undisturbed by all but the beauty of red and yellow stained asteroids and the deadly bombardment of solar rays.
01[18:40] <@Savant> That said, you have only found your target recently. An ugly drone, like a many-limbed cuttlefish, led you to an equally ugly box-with-limbs that serves as the home of Bercthun Leacweard, whom Caelin affectionately calls uncle and who makes Scildfreja act as if she were in the presence of a grandfather.
01[18:40] <@Savant> Leacweard is a wisened man, perhaps seventy cycles or more; he's grown gaunt and fragile to the point where the lack of gravity is probably his saving grace. spotted limbs and body are ensconced in voluminous robes clearly meant for a world with gravity, but he still manages to carry himself with an almost priestly air. Yes, that's the best way to say is. Priestly.
03[18:41] * Farrell (CptFarrell@cpe-72-224-220-219.maine.res.rr.com) has joined #BT05
03[18:41] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Farrell
03[18:41] * Farrell_AFK (CptFarrell@cpe-72-224-220-219.maine.res.rr.com) has joined #BT05
03[18:41] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Farrell_AFK
02[18:41] * @Farrell (CptFarrell@cpe-72-224-220-219.maine.res.rr.com) Quit (Client closed connection)
03[18:41] * Farrell_AFK is now known as Detro
01[18:42] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Like a doing old grandfather, he's fed Caelin, Scildfreja and the Talons in his company more than they've eaten all week. Or tried to at least. Tea, little sweet cookies, strange bits of fruit and meat - strange ot the Talons at least. He's been very cheerful about it all::
[18:43] <@Gabriel> ::is midway between Pathfinder and the settlement, in the big armored spacesuit that previously belonged to a GREL::
[18:43] <@Delgado> ::is strapped against the wall, going over the data on her mediglove she got from Bercthun as he let her poke and prod at him between being a thoughtful host::
[18:44] <@Birkin> ::floats with the captain, having put on one of the new Talon space suits to try it out since he missed the fun last time::
01[18:44] <@Savant> Gabriel and Birkin are being watched from an unconfortably close distance by a cuttlefish-drone of sorts. Like some microscopic hydra grown way too big, this drone is the size of a building, with arms like telephone poles. It watches them traverse the black with eyes just as blank.
[18:45] <@Marshall> ::also observing Birkin and Tynes cross in silence::
[18:45] <@Gabriel> ::has his grapple gun strapped to his leg, but doesn't really need it for this short of a distance, and makes gentle contact with the rock::
[18:45] <@Detro> ::finally says something:: Good tea. ::a beat:: Nice house.
[18:45] <@Gabriel> ::starts pulling himself along the rock hand-over-hand toward the airlock::
01[18:46] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Conversationally as he collects cups:: How long do you stay in Sinone?
[18:47] <@Marshall> ::Caelin had told them this meeting was important, due to that he was wearing his pressed Northern Guard uniform. He seemed a bit out of place and out of time::
01[18:47] <@Savant> The asteroid is an oblate potato of a rock with the Ambithera clawed onto one side like a malignant, mechanical tumour. The airlock is a clearly demarcated circle in the side of it.
[18:48] <@Gabriel> ::glances behind him to make sure Birkin's still coming, then reaches the airlock and opens the outer door::
[18:48] <@Gabriel> ::while he's looking behind himself, has another look at the drone::
[18:48] <@Birkin> ::stops himself gently behind the captain steadying himself on the rock before preparing to follow Tynes in::
01[18:48] <@Savant> 5AMbithera> ::Inside, a quiet gender-neutral voice, quite pleasant if a bit passive:: There is someone at the door, master Leacweald.
[18:49] <@Marshall> ::just inside the inner door, he nodded to Tynes and Birkin::
[18:49] <@Gabriel> ::seals the outer door::
01[18:49] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Let them in, let them in. I'll be back in a moment. ::heads into the kitchen partition::
[18:49] <@Detro> ::for a home in space, it really is. Small, but when one had the vastness of space outside... small was different. It was good.::
01[18:50] <@Savant> The airlock closes behind the two Talon officers and air gently begins to cycle in around them
[18:50] <@Caelin> ::"sits" strapped to the cusion across from berc, sipping from the straw in his sealed cup of tea, shrugging a bit:: i'd like to get back down to utopia as soon as possible, report to the council ::looks back::ahh that must be the captain
[18:50] <@Delgado> ::looks up from her data, gazing toward the airlock::
01[18:51] <@Savant> A Light goes blue and there's a quiet pop of a latch releasing as the airlock finishes its work. The air inside the Ambithera module is cool, a little more humid than the Talons have been familiar with, but has much less of the stale tang of spaceship environment.
01[18:53] <@Savant> Inside the door is a living chamber of sorts - the walls, ceiling and floor are covered with recessed drawers and utilities, but noticeably few computer screens. Soft tapestries are instead pinned tot he walls, along with cushioned "seats" complete with seatbelts.
[18:53] <@Birkin> ::waits till the airlock cycles, then moves inside the small little module, looking around at everyone for half a moment before he removed his helment::
[18:54] <@Gabriel> ::removes his helmet, tucking it under his arm, looking around for and finding their host::
01[18:54] <@Savant> There is a single portal on the other side of the room from the airlock, leading into a second space - hygiene and galley, likely. But no apparent control centre.
[18:55] <@Detro> ::gestures at the others from where he's "seated"::
[18:55] <@Birkin> The air. It tastes like real air. Not like what we have back home. ::moves over to a seat and sits::
[18:56] <@Marshall> ::nods again to Birkin and Tynes as hey enter::
[18:56] <@Gabriel> ::finds a convenient locker near the airlock to stow his helmet, then pushes himself gently toward the wall facing the portal::
01[18:57] <@Savant> After a few moments the Talons' host appears at the far portal, taking with him a plastic cup holder with three more cups in it - real cups, with a sealed lid and a long metal straw through the top of it. He is a man of advanced age, even in zero gravity he can't hide it.
[18:58] <@Gabriel> ::in Anglic:: Good morning, or it is so how we're currently measuring time. I am Captain Gabriel Tynes.
[18:59] <@Birkin> ::stands up as their guest arrives:: Lieutenant Aaron Birkin ::sees where the captain stowed his helmet and does the same::
[19:00] <@Caelin> ::was about to introduce the two newcomers but was interupted by their own, he takes another sip of tea instead::
[19:01] <@Detro> ::looks around the utilitarian space::
01[19:01] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::He doesn't respond with a handshake, instead he deposits one of the warm cups in Tynes' hands, and a second in Birkins'.:: Hopan, Captain Gabriel Tynes. Hopan, Lieutenant Aaron Birkin. I am Bercthun.
01[19:01] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Come in, be comfortable. If you've earned Caelin's trust, you've earned mine.
01[19:03] <@Savant> The old man takes his own cup and pushes backwards until he can catch his slipper against a wall; it holds fast and he comes to a gentle stop. There's little fanfare, and if he's impressed to meet an offworlder, he certainly doesn't show it.
[19:03] <@Gabriel> Thank you. ::accepts the tea:: I am honored to meet you. ::finds a place to hook to the wall and floats there comfortably::
01[19:04] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Caelin tells me you want to get back to Utopia quickly. You've come to fight the Terrans on their own ground, then?
[19:05] <@Gabriel> ::casually, but with a slight smile:: It is not their ground. If it was, there would be no need to fight them.
[19:05] <@Gabriel> But yes, that is our intent.
[19:05] <@Birkin> ::takes the tea and sits down, sipping on it to test its flavor before listening to the Captain talk with the man::
[19:06] <@Gabriel> ::takes a sip of the tea::
01[19:06] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::He grins, a quick gensture - he's used to grinning, apparently:: Good, good. How did Terranova do when the Terrans came to you?
01[19:07] <@Savant> The tea is bitter and sharp, but there certainly must be some medicinal ingrediant in it, because it almost immediately clears the head and makes one feel much more alert.
[19:07] <@Marshall> ::smirks::
[19:07] <@Birkin> ::looks at the tea for a moment and nods his approval, thinking that he should ask which time, but decides that might be arrogent and holds it in::
[19:08] <@Gabriel> As I understand the state of Utopia, they found us very much as they found you: splintered, battling each other, nearly ready to fight an all-out war amongst ourselves. Their arrival united us.
[19:08] <@Gabriel> But not before many tens of thousands were lost, as well as great swaths of our planet. We were a long time pushing them back, and then off the planet.
[19:09] <@Caelin> ::frowns a bit when that is mention::
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Glances at Caelin, his expression briefly revealing a great deal of history as his eyes took on the eagle-sharpness of a general or great warrior:: Honour to your city, then. I hope that what you learned can help our own.
[19:11] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I am afraid that what they learned on our world, they used against yours. Had the earthers come and offered my nation, or my Lieutenant's nation, assistance in conquest... it is very likely we would have accepted their offer.
[19:12] <@Detro> ::frowns, remembering the sacrifice of his father against hte CEF::
01[19:12] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Laughs with surprising good humour:: No hard feelings.
[19:12] <@Delgado> ::doesn't look up from her mediglove but her face hardens at Gabriel's comment::
[19:13] <@Gabriel> ::laughs with him:: That is good, then. Tell me, you live out here alone? Where do your supplies come from?
01[19:13] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Lingers close to Caelin, silent, and apparently still fussing with her hair from when Bercthun ruffled it in greeting::
[19:13] <@Caelin> ::adds:: the terrans also did to Troy what they did to one of terranovas great cities
[19:13] <@Marshall> Two.
[19:14] <@Caelin> ::nods to marshall:: sorry, you're correct
01[19:14] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> The Grenarians visit once a month I trade them supplies for my work here. It's a good arrangement, peaceful. They - ::he immediately takes on a pained expression, and his voice softens:: I'm sorry for your losses.
[19:14] <@Marshall> ::grimly nods::
[19:16] <@Gabriel> ::to Caelin:: Troy has been bombed from orbit? How badly?
01[19:17] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::glances at Caelin:: Ne aseage?
[19:17] <@Caelin> ::shakes head:: antimatter bomb, like your Peace River was ::turns to berc:: happen a few months after we last talked, once we got resettled in New Troy, scildfreya and i left for caprice
01[19:18] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Exhales, makes a gesture across his chest, and mutters a few words at mention of the fallen city-state::
[19:18] <@Delgado> ::finally looks up as Bercthun speaks, then looks between Caelin and Bercthun::
[19:19] <@Caelin> ::presses his lips a bit:: we didn't go into many details while we were out.
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::nods:: You may be under the grey banner. I am not.
[19:22] <@Marshall> ::perks up at this, hoping to learn something new::
[19:23] <@Birkin> Newton as well ::seethes at the idea::
[19:24] <@Detro> Banner... so.. that means?
01[19:24] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> So many Cities have gone before us. But.. losing Troy. . . The jewel of Sumer is lost.
01[19:25] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Sighs, sips his tea, and regains his humour, again quickly:: The grey banner; those who march under it do so in secret.
[19:26] <@Caelin> ::nods:: they tried to have us blame the independants, but the council knew the terrans had to have been behind it
[19:26] <@Marshall> So that's why Caelin and Scildfreja haven't been able to tell us much of what they know? ::looks to the two:: No offense.
[19:26] <@Gabriel> ::glances from Bercthun to Caelin:: Some, for longer than others.
01[19:27] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::adds:: Not that the Independants haven't been trouble in the past. Criminals and businessmen. ::grunts::
[19:28] <@Marshall> The obvious question I'm sure everyone here wishes to raise. How do we get to Utopia?
01[19:28] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> That's probably why, yes. Freja isn't much for talking on a *good* day, though. ::grins::
01[19:29] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::sinks deeper in her cushioned seat, looks at the tapestry across from her::
[19:29] <@Delgado> ::snickers to herself::
01[19:29] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::grins at the obvious question and sips his tea::
[19:30] <@Detro> ::smiles politely, waiting for the answer to Marshall's question::
01[19:31] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::clears his throat:: There are a few ways. You could wait for the Grenarians to arrive, go with them. But you'd have to go through Steelgate customs that way.
01[19:32] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> I'm guessing you don't want to do that.
[19:32] <@Marshall> ::smiles and nods::
[19:32] <@Caelin> ::frowns:: not unless we know there's more from the 5th column working there...
[19:33] <@Detro> ::nods at Caelin:: There is something to be said for going through the method the enemy least expects you to. If they are sure of their customs, they would never expect us to enter that way, wouldn't they?
01[19:33] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Not enough, my son. ::ponders:: If you've got a good pilot, I suppose you could go down along with the next sheduled meteor shower.
[19:34] <@Marshall> Sounds risky. Jeremi will love it though.
[19:34] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: As it happens, we have a VERY good pilot. Born with wings, he'd tell you, and he's not far wrong.
[19:34] <@Gabriel> Are the meteor showers regular occurances?
[19:35] <@Delgado> ::glances at Gabriel strangely for a moment before going back to her data, shaking her head
01[19:35] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Shrugs:: whenever we gather up enough good rocks to put one down into the right spot. Soon.
[19:35] <@Caelin> ::rolls his eyes a bit:: i overheard one of his stories about how he took your team to caprice with a meteor shower
[19:35] <@Birkin> ::thinks about any questions he has:: There's a lot of activity in orbit. We've heard that's a newish thing too. ::motions at Freja and Caelin:: Any ideas on how much of it goes to the either Steelgate or the CEF?
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ...wait.
[19:35] <@Gabriel> Regularly scheduled? You drop rocks into your own planet's well?
01[19:36] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::He's considering Birkin's question, and is about to reply when he's confronted with a brand new question. He responds quite calmly:: Well, yes. Of course. They aren't *big* rocks, after all.
[19:37] <@Gabriel> ::considers this a moment while he answers Birkin's question::
01[19:38] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Then he clears his throat:: Ambithera, trivid.
01[19:38] <@Savant> The cabin dims slightly and the entire room fills with a stunning holographic display of the system. Tactical information pops up as if this were a landship war-room instead of an old man's guest quarters.
[19:39] <@Marshall> ...Wow.
[19:40] <@Detro> ::blinks, impressed::
[19:40] <@Delgado> ::stops herself just short of saying "Ooooooh"::
01[19:40] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::He raises a hand and pulls the hologram this way and that with his gestures, adding information and stripping the extraneous away until he's focused it down to starships and stations. Still an impressive display, though after a momnent it's clear that the Ambithera's sensors aren't as good as PAthfinders'.
01[19:41] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Steelgate ships are in grey. Terran ships are in red. Grenarians are green, and we are blue.
[19:41] <@Marshall> ::notices this:: I bet...we could hook the data feeds on Pathfinder into this if you wanted, Cap.
01[19:42] <@Savant> The display was a swirl of little grey and red circles, sprinkled with green flakes and with the occasional blue dot hidden amongst the otherwise blue-white features of the system.
[19:42] <@Marshall> Or better yet, find a way to tune this IFF into Pathfinder's arrays.
01[19:43] <@Savant> It apparead that Steelgate in fact had a greater presence in the system, though most of their dots were smaller than the Earthers'. The green ones showed a healthy spectrum, but the unfortunate blue specks were rarely more than that.
01[19:44] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> From what I hear from the fifth, when I do hear anything; the CEF is rerouting parts from Caprice and Utopia to their own fleets to slow the Republic's growth in space.
[19:44] <@Detro> ::hearing Marshall, pokes at his data glove, to see if there was anything in the room willing to take a tac feed, provided he could link up with Pathfinder::
[19:44] <@Birkin> ::smirks ever so slightly:: So the honeymoon period is over.
[19:45] <@Caelin> ::frowns and nods slowly:: they want to have some control over their "allies"
01[19:45] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::raises an eyebrow, not sure what Birkin meant::
[19:45] <@Marshall> ::mockingly:: Sorry sweety.
[19:46] <@Gabriel> ::is content to listen and learn::
[19:47] <@Birkin> ::catches Bercthun's confusion:: It refers to the period where a newly wed couple go out on a vacation of sorts. Marriages are rare in the South but normally they go to Lake Esperance. It's considered a fun and wonderful time. Once that period is done though is when you start living with the person and figuring out who they really are.
01[19:47] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Here, a gift. Ambithera, raedgafol. ::returns to the others:: Oh, I see.
[19:48] <@Birkin> ::finishes off his tea:: This was excellent by the way ::looks around:: When Roland took out that CEF notable during the negotiations. That was a Steelgate man wasn't it?
[19:49] <@Detro> ::locks on to Pathfinder's signal and coaxes a tacfeed from its passive array... it takes a bit of rigging to manipulate the data mapping, but he soon has Pathfinder providing some higher resolution data of spots::
01[19:49] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Yes, it's good tea, isn't it? They make it in Babylon. Amazing botanists, these Grenarians.
[19:50] <@Birkin> That Steelgate man seemed almost bored, or annoyed with the CEF pomp and ideas. From what I can remember through my scope.
[19:50] <@Marshall> How does this system define which ships are Steelgate and which are earther? Which are Grenarian, and so on?
01[19:51] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::snorts:: Bored with pomp, a Steelgater? They *love* their pomp. They were probably just hung over.
[19:51] <@Delgado> ::grins::
01[19:52] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Shrugs to Marcy:: it didn't know at first, but I taught it.
[19:52] <@Caelin> ::smirks at berc's response::
[19:52] <@Birkin> CEF pomp is pretty bad. Why do they call themselves Steelgate? Does anyone know?
[19:52] <@Marshall> Could you show us?
[19:54] <@Marshall> ::clarifies:: Would you?
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Smiles genially:: Of course. We're all under the same banner after all. It's easy, really. The Terrans use only a few modules for most of their ships.
[19:56] <@Marshall> ::opens his laptop and begins inputting a new IFF into Pathfinder's computer::
[19:56] <@Caelin> ::to birkin:: the city of Olympia has a massive gate protecting it, the history of it is more myth and legend these days though
[19:57] <@Birkin> That's their capital right? Interesting. ::begins to think up of new idea or things to learn from the wise old man::
01[19:58] <@Savant> From a few gestures, a little bulbous slider pads its careful way across the wall form the second chamber, towards Marcy. It's like a simple Spidhra without the basketball-coating.
[20:00] <@Birkin> ::pauses for a second in his idle search of the room before looking around:: Do you know what the CEF got in return for helping Steelgate? Like details of a treaty, what is expected of them and what is expected of Steelgate?
01[20:01] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::extends tiny little pincer hands holding a data chip towards *Marshall*::
[20:01] <@Marshall> ::Takes it:: Thank you. ::plugs it into his laptop and uploads the data to Pathfinder::
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> What the Earthers got? More and more, it seems they've won a planet. ::frowns:: They've now gotten their hooks into the rulers of this planet. The Assembly can't act without Earth's approval. Utopia is truly a colony again.
[20:02] <@Gabriel> ::isn't willing to let this one go by:: You give yourselves too little credit.
01[20:02] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::In a sugary sweet nap-time voice:: You're welcome.
[20:03] <@Birkin> The Assembly being Steelgate's ruling body?
[20:03] <@Delgado> ::has been thinking over a comment made earlier and finally speaks:: You said there are scheduled meteor showers. ... Why do you bombard Utopia with asteroids?
[20:04] <@Caelin> ::nods to gabriel:: the people of Troy resist, and there's the 5th column, the terrans claim to have caprice yet many of it's people still resist as well
01[20:06] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> The proper name is the Utopian Colonial Senate. A democracy, I'm told. Steelgate holds most of the chairs, and it is ruled over by the Grand Officer, from Terra.
[20:06] <@Birkin> Do you know the name of this Grand Officer?
03[20:06] * Marshall is now known as Lang
01[20:07] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Then he smiles, happy to talk about other matters:: We worry about ocean salinity and the contamination of nitrates; we're trying to fight the loss of nitrates to deep-sea salicization.
[20:08] <@Detro> ::Blinkblink::
03[20:08] * Lang is now known as Marshall
01[20:08] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> I don't, no.
[20:09] <@Delgado> I guess thats one way to do it.... ::mutters to herself::
[20:10] <@Birkin> ::frowns slightly:: Does the CEF have its hooks in Steelgates government itself? Or are they being kept out of that.
01[20:10] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::He smiles sympathetically to Delgado:: Utopia was found as a barren rock; no water, no air, no life. We built this planet. We will fix it.
[20:10] <@Gabriel> I presume that the impact points of these asteroids are... rather carefully controlled.
[20:10] <@Gabriel> ::is suddenly VERY glad that Roland isn't here, more or less certain about what he'd be thinking at this moment::
[20:11] <@Delgado> ::offers a smile back, though it's tinged with sadness. Bercthun is 'living' proof of the biggest problem on Utopia and there was no planetside fix for radiation::
01[20:12] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Oh, quite. We are working on the Ithacan sea right now.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> How do you avoid tidal waves?
01[20:15] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Oh, the rocks aren't that big by the time they hit the water. Usually at least. Sometimes we need to do a deep-sea insertion, and we make sure to warn the coasts for that. We'd never do it near Knossos.
[20:16] <@Gabriel> ::nods, satisfied with this::
[20:17] <@Detro> ::smiles... certainly a step up from just mining or blowing the planet to crap::
[20:18] <@Gabriel> I'm surprised, with all the construction out here, that the CEF or Steelgate has not diverted these asteroids to their own purposes.
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Gestures a bit again, and the hologram changes to a view of Utopia itself, unclouded and vibrant, though coloured in luminescent green and blue and white.. It shows the projected path of the asteroids quite clearly::
01[20:20] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Chuckles:: They'd have a rebellion on their hands. No, they give us these rocks, so long as we only take the smaller ones, and leave the heavy metals to them.
[20:21] <@Gabriel> Some concessions to reality. That won't last, if Caprice is any example.
01[20:22] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Oh? What's happening to the suits?
[20:22] <@Gabriel> Caprician citizens that live in the city wear devices called data-rigs. ID modules. Those that live outside the city were not required to wear them when the CEF first arrived. That has now changed.
01[20:22] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::frowns:: This name is familiar. There has been talk of them being used here, too.
02[20:24] * @Detro (CptFarrell@cpe-72-224-220-219.maine.res.rr.com) Quit (Ping timeout)
[20:24] <@Gabriel> The earthers find them useful for controlling and monitoring the movement of those on Caprice.
[20:24] <@Birkin> Does the CEF have its hooks in Steelgates government itself? Or are they being kept out of that.
[20:25] <@Caelin> ::frowns::that doesn't bode well. though would be interesting to see how the steelgaters like that idea
03[20:25] * Farrell (CptFarrell@cpe-72-224-220-219.maine.res.rr.com) has joined #BT05
03[20:25] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Farrell
03[20:25] * Farrell is now known as Detro
[20:25] <@Marshall> By the time the earthers go to change things, Steelgate will likely have no way to stop them.
01[20:25] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Snorts:: The Republicans, they must love this idea. ::glances at Birkin:: In all of the nations. Steelgate viceroys to every city, and these are all backed and bribed and bought by the Terrans.
[20:27] <@Caelin> ::turns to berc:: would the republicans submit themselves to having devices attached to them so that the terrans can watch their every move?
[20:28] <@Birkin> IT wouldn't start off as that. It would be the other cities. To keep them in line
[20:28] <@Birkin> For the good of the Republic.
[20:28] <@Birkin> ::snorts:: I never thought I'd be dismayed saying that.
01[20:28] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> All the Terrans will have to tell them is that every Grenarian and Kog will have one, and they will share the information with their "allies". They'll *drool* at the thought of us being their slaves so completely.
[20:29] <@Birkin> ::nods at Bercthun::
01[20:30] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::frowns:: I still get shivers, seeing those Capricians with their brain-trackers. ::shudders::
[20:31] <@Caelin> ::nods::and that hypno training they do too...
[20:31] <@Gabriel> ::waves at the map:: So, where are the earthers congregated?
[20:32] <@Gabriel> In Steelgate only, or do they have bases across the planet?
02[20:32] * @Detro (CptFarrell@cpe-72-224-220-219.maine.res.rr.com) Quit (Quit: There's more than one end to more than one world...)
03[20:32] * Farrell (CptFarrell@cpe-72-224-220-219.maine.res.rr.com) has joined #BT05
03[20:32] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Farrell
03[20:32] * Farrell is now known as Detro
[20:32] <@Birkin> ::looks over at Bercthun at this, wishing he had thought of this::
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> They've settled in with the Republicans, and with the Grenarians, and what cities in Koglund they've captured. ::pauses, grunts an amused but sour grunt, then continues::
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> The Republicans have built naval bases along the northeast of Etrusca, here ::points at the globe:: and they've got a very big facility under construction here ::points at a spit of land, a large ithsmus to the south of Steelgate::
01[20:34] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> They call it "Earth City." Uncreative, too. But very big, bigger than what they'll need for their troops.
[20:35] <@Gabriel> ::sips his tea:: We've heard talk of colonists. They've already started shipping their own people to Caprice.
[20:35] <@Gabriel> From what we understand, the situation on Earth itself is... not good. Perhaps poor enough that the government there would fall if things went badly enough out here.
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::nods:: of course it's what they're doing. I can see a Deep City being built there. ::shakes his head with a frown, then points:: Peleset, they do a lot of military maneuvers there. training.
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::purses his lips:: talk with the fifth column. Those TErrans who are our friends will now a lot mre about Earth than I would.
[20:36] <@Gabriel> Underwater training? Why do they call it Deep City?
[20:36] <@Caelin> ::shakes head:: underground
01[20:37] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Smiles at Caelin and Scildfreja:: You kept close to your banners, didn't you.
[20:37] <@Delgado> Like pulling teeth. With chopsticks.
[20:37] <@Detro> Very *weak* chopsticks.
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::grins and finishes with his tea, which he leaves floating. His spider-companion collects it a moment later::
[20:40] <@Caelin> ::smirks:: we told them new troy was a deep city
[20:40] <@Gabriel> ::glances over at Caelin and Scild::
[20:40] <@Gabriel> True, but you neglected to say why. You have my deepest sympathies.
01[20:41] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::sighs, sits back, rubs his temples:: New Troy - I will let them lead you there. But it's underground, very deep. Very secure. There isn't a bombardment that could reach it. ::He presses his lips together, a brief bit of anguish showing through - this man was a resident of the old Troy moreso than Caelin or Scildfreja after all::
[20:44] <@Caelin> ::nods slightly turning back to gabriel:: remember when we mentioned that utopia didn't have as much restraint in the use of nuclear weapons in the past as your people did? at one point it was soo bad that our people had to go underground to survive ::frowns::
[20:44] <@Detro> ::winces::
01[20:45] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::He sets his jaw, as the rest of the Utopians do:: Yes. Well. ::The firmer edge stays with the man, and he carries something of an authoritative tone, like a general who's used to being heeded:: You'll go down with the asteroids, it's the safest way, if your pilot is up to the task. You'll land in the Ithacan sea and can make landfall at Knossos. You can get help going
[20:45] <@Delgado> ::shakes her head::
01[20:45] <@Savant> (you can get help going across the straits from the Fenians there.))
[20:46] <@Gabriel> How effective are the Steelgate or CEF airborne patrols?
01[20:48] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::ponders a moment:: Steelgate is slow, but there are a great many of them. As on land. Fighting Steelgate in the air is like fighting a tide at sea. A great wave, all at once, but if your prow is sharp you can break through without a scratch.
01[20:49] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> The Terrans are what keep their air superiority. Their TAAFs are ... impressive.
[20:50] <@Caelin> ::nods:: we've seen them in action on caprice::
[20:51] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Impressive is the word, all right. Like flying tanks, only quick as lightning.
[20:51] <@Caelin> ::then smirks:: but we seen this one ::points to birkin:: shoot them down
[20:51] <@Birkin> ::Smirks:: TAAF's we can handle in small numbers
01[20:51] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Grins:: I wouldn't call them tanks, they aren't *that* good.
[20:54] <@Gabriel> ::grins back:: They do a fair approximation.
[20:54] <@Gabriel> In this scenario, how do you envision we get our spacecraft to Koglund?
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::grins wider:: You must have seen some pretty big TAAFs then!
01[20:56] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> Mm. ::frowns:: It's not very quiet, is it. ::pulls up a hologram of the area, looking at pathfinder:: Go to Knossos, wait for a good storm and cross the straits during that.
[20:58] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: It has possibilities. Do you have contacts with the Fenians?
01[20:59] <@Savant> 2Bercthun Leacweard> ::Smiles:: Of course. Half the grenarians know a Fenian or two
01[21:00] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:00] <@Savant> exactly two and a half hours there, so it seemed a good time to stop. And it's wound down at this point
01[21:01] <@Savant> any questions or problems with moving ahead to landfall?
[21:01] <@Gabriel> Yep, I think you're right.
[21:01] <@Birkin> Agreed
01[21:02] <@Savant> Also agreed. Time to step it on up again.
[21:02] <@Detro> Sounds good
[21:02] <@Gabriel> Yeah, was hoping for a look at that shipyard, but I guess I can live without that.
01[21:02] <@Savant> you will have to sortie out on your way out of the system.
[21:02] <@Gabriel> Long as it's understood/agreed that we sent one of our recon drones there and we'll be getting some data.
01[21:03] <@Savant> so! one for teamwork, doesn't really apply. I'll give two points for storyline today instead. // yes, that's quite sensible
[21:03] <@Caelin> coo
[21:03] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Information about that shipyard is a rather vital mission objective, but yeah, for game purposes, it's time to get back on the ground.
01[21:04] <@Savant> agreed.
01[21:04] <@Savant> anyone learn anything about the storyline, or why it's important?
[21:04] <@Gabriel> Most interesting to me storyline wise today was the information about the various Utopian nations. I doubt very much that they were this cooperative before Steelgate got such a big leg up.
[21:04] <@Gabriel> That's obviously important because a combined rebellion >>> single nation rebellion.
01[21:05] <@Savant> intrestingly, right after Earth arrived was a period of growing peace. For at least a few years, things were calming right down.
[21:05] <@Birkin> It seems like Steelgate is losing its edge on the planet. That soon they will end up as these other nations are to them
[21:06] <@Birkin> And the fact that Earth is settling here too. Things must be getting -really- bad if they're willing to settle here
01[21:06] <@Savant> you haven't even been on the planet yet. maybe they are exaggerating and it is populated by unicorns and rainbows.
[21:06] <@Gabriel> Struck me as an overpopulation issue. An overpopulated waste isn't much worse than a semi-nuclear one. Besides, there are obviously areas of Utopia that are more or less normal.
01[21:07] <@Savant> they are *Utopians* after all. thjey maybe just have a really bad sense of what a holocaust is.
[21:07] <@Detro> Or maybe someone on Earth is hoping to carve a fiefdom out of Utopia
01[21:07] <@Savant> "o no it's snowing!" "augh end of world we must live underground now!"
[21:07] <@Marshall> lol
[21:08] <@Gabriel> It's pretty clear that Earth's long term plan has a lot to do with weight of numbers. They have more.
[21:08] <@Gabriel> "If we can't kick them out, we'll breed them out."
[21:08] <@Marshall> The trouble with Utopia is the Utopians?
01[21:08] <@Savant> \o/
[21:08] <@Gabriel> But it's time for Caelin or Delgado or Marshall to talk. Wink
[21:08] <@Marshall> About?
[21:08] <@Gabriel> Storyline stuff. Razz
01[21:09] <@Savant> at this point when it comes to the Utopian NPCs, ask and ye shall recieve.
01[21:09] <@Savant> you just haven't asked.
[21:09] <@Marshall> We're used to being told nothing =)
[21:09] <@Caelin> the talk of bringing data rigs to the utopian population is disturbing
01[21:09] <@Savant> that's new to Caelin too.
01[21:10] <@Savant> anything else learned today?
[21:10] <@Caelin> thats probably the only thing new to caelin right now
[21:10] <@Gabriel> Lots about geography and Earth's plans. They're building bases, and of course their city.
[21:10] <@Detro> That my connection sucks ass now.
01[21:10] <@Savant> true on both counts.
[21:10] <@Marshall> I find it amusing Steelgate is nothing but what seems like a second rate puppet in Earth's chess game.
[21:11] <@Birkin> we should do something to that city
[21:11] <@Detro> And that the Utopians are still terraforming
[21:11] <@Gabriel> The city's obviously important from a story perspective. We need to learn more about whether they're doing manufacturing here.
[21:11] <@Birkin> I'm all for nuking it
01[21:11] <@Savant> i suggest exploding it
[21:11] <@Birkin> that should be our send off
[21:11] <@Birkin> with the message
[21:11] <@Birkin> "An Eye for an Eye"
[21:11] <@Gabriel> There's also the Utopian Assembly, and the great display of democracy. Who's that display for, I wonder?
01[21:11] <@Savant> and the smoke will go up into the sky like a big middle finger. Marshall, set that up.
[21:11] <@Delgado> I don't see why they don't just aim a lot of bigger asteroids at Steelgate.
[21:11] <@Marshall> Yo.
01[21:11] <@Savant> none of the Utopian cultures were at all democratic when Earth showed up.
[21:12] <@Birkin> ... There's democractic socities on TN?
[21:12] <@Marshall> Have you seen Deep Impact or Armageddon, Itz Wink
[21:12] <@Birkin> well -truely- democractic socieities
[21:12] <@Gabriel> And finally, there's the whole rock thing, which is interesting from a story perspective because there are things the CEF is concerned about doing here as yet.
[21:12] <@Delgado> I'm not talking a fucking huge planet-shattering asteroid. But a lot of little ones that go pewpewpewpew
[21:12] <@Caelin> it's probably pretty difficult to redirect asteroids to other targets without the terrans suddenly knocking on your door
01[21:12] <@Savant> none of the Utopian ones were even close. only Steelgate bothered to pretend, and they didn't do a very convincing job of it Wink
[21:12] <@Gabriel> That means their control is far from total. They're worried about rebellion.
[21:14] <@Birkin> Yeah I think we should stir up one
[21:14] <@Birkin> hell even lay the foundation of one
01[21:14] <@Savant> that is worth two points Smile I will make it three if you tell me how you intend to sneak into a Utopian city while wearing alien clothes and not speaking the language convincingly Smile
[21:14] <@Delgado> We're all retarded mutes.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> We don't. We're not going anywhere near a city until Pathfinder's secure somewhere in Koglund. Until then, everyone is confined to Pathfinder except Caelin and Scild.
01[21:15] <@Savant> don't be so hard on yourselves Sad
[21:15] <@Detro> Who said anything about wearing clothes?
[21:15] <@Gabriel> Hopefully, they can make nice with the Fenians.
[21:15] <@Delgado> I has the language skillz.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> Hm. Yeah, maybe Delgado goes with them.
01[21:16] <@Savant> so everyone else is going to sit in the spaceship?
[21:17] <@Caelin> will seeing at most of koglund is under terran/steelgate control, someone speaking agenspreac wouldn't be too out of place i think
[21:17] <@Gabriel> Unless there's some terribly compelling reason to leave.
[21:17] <@Gabriel> "Spacecraft is sinking into a dark tarn" might do it.
01[21:18] <@Savant> well, it'd be nice for the players to have something to do other than sit on the smelly spaceship Wink
[21:18] <@Detro> Book's colony in "Serenity"
[21:18] <@Gabriel> In most other cases, though, we need Utopian 101. I'm modelling this on BT01's first trip to Caprice.
[21:18] <@Gabriel> Helene delPulciano gets us a safe spot to hide with the locals. Until then, we're invisible. Wink
01[21:18] <@Savant> do some scouting or something, out in the wilds
[21:19] <@Marshall> Get a base set up. Do some gun smithing =)
01[21:19] <@Savant> okay. That's three points. Well done everyone Smile get ready to hit the ground running.
01[21:19] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group