Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Transcripts for "Priam's Gambit"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Game Transcripts for "Priam's Gambit" Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:30] <@Birkin> ::Attn::
01[18:30] <@Savant> if anyone is here Wink
[18:30] <@Caelin> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Jester (Jester@12.177.110.100) has joined #bt05
03[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
01[18:31] <@Savant> and then there were two, huh? Thank you both for your attendance and attention
03[18:31] * Farrell is now known as Detro
[18:31] <@Detro> ::shrugs::
06[18:32] * @Caelin pokes itz and marcy
01[18:32] <@Savant> We will not be having Itz tonight, she is at a birthday party. She informs me that this is the last week of craziness for her, though.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Fraser is going to be late, by about half an hour. Jester, also, will be a wee bit late.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Marcy, I don't know what's happening to him right now Wink
01[18:33] <@Savant> In any case. Good evening, and welcome to yet another exciting episode of the Black Talons! Tonight you will be welcomed to Troy. The warmth of your reception is pretty much up to you.
[18:34] <@Birkin> Right. No Coronado diplomacy
01[18:34] <@Savant> Also, tonight is the beginning of a new storyline. You will be able to spend on skills that you raised last came, though you need permission to get anything above 3.
[18:35] <@Caelin> that teaser with use walking through a hive of drones with weapons raised is probably the closest you'll get to coro diplomacy in new troy:)
01[18:35] <@Savant> I would not put it past them to do more of that here
01[18:35] <@Savant> In any case, let me brief you.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[18:36] <@Savant> Late Afternoon 17 December, 462 UC (28AUT46)
01[18:36] <@Savant> New Troy, Golan Mountains, Central Sumer
01[18:36] <@Savant> 23 degrees C, indoors. Low radiation levels.
01[18:36] <@Savant> A world in Miniature. Troy seems a tiny universe on its own - a black vaulted dome of a sky, glittering with enough subterranean wealth to please the Nibelungen and lit with bands of warm light. The world curved up to meet the sky in raising tiers of green and gold below. It was a small universe, a seed planted in the hard rock, but within itself it was vibrant and complete.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Strange that the end of your journey here would be so peaceful, in this small open-air suite of apartments that seem more suited to medieval times than the modern age. You have spent a quiet hour here, gathering your wits and recouping your strengths. No doubt the Trojans will arrive soon and disrupt that calm, but there is a sense of timelessness that deadens the urgency of your mission.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Time to recover and prepare. Despite the ease of this place this city is at war, and on the losing end of it. Action will come soon.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:36] <@Detro> ack
[18:37] <@Caelin> ack
01[18:37] <@Savant> do you like the metaphor? Smile
01[18:37] <@Savant> also, I am ready for questions.
[18:37] <@Caelin> nice:)
[18:37] <@Caelin> what are the nibelungen?
01[18:38] <@Savant> german mythology. Little dwarves that live under the ground.
[18:38] <@Caelin> ahh
03[18:38] * Marcy is now known as Marshall
01[18:38] <@Savant> no questions? Also, hello Marshall.
[18:39] <@Marshall> Sorry Wink
01[18:39] <@Savant> nd, I should ask - everyone has read the teaser?
[18:39] <@Marshall> ack yes
01[18:40] <@Savant> okay. I'm going to wait for another ack or two before going Wink
[18:40] <@Detro> ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack
01[18:40] <@Savant> Mars Attacks! D:
[18:41] <@Birkin> ack
01[18:41] <@Savant> well, if there are no questions, we will start.
01[18:41] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:41] <@Savant> Your apartments are a series of small stone rooms adjoining, condominiums that give each of you a bedroom and bathroom. Though they are not luxurious they are lush in their novelty; only in trideo have you seen similar. Wall tapestries seem common, and the abundant wealth of the rock has made these rooms well-fitted with gold, steel, and semi-precious jewels.
01[18:42] <@Savant> Each apartment opens into the central circle, which itself centers upon an island of trees and greenery, and a small fountain. There is found a small kitchenette, dishes, and a few stone tables with cushioned benches for seats. One walkway cuts between the buildings and out to the city at large, but this is guarded.
[18:43] <@Marshall> ::glances at his watch, then back to center, then back to the watch::
[18:43] <@Detro> ::sits at the edge of the fountain, looking into it::
[18:44] <@Birkin> ::moves over towards the fountain, reaching a hand down and splashing at the water lightly:: A fountain in a city like this.
01[18:44] <@Savant> It's a remarkable change from the past few weeks, and some are not taking it well. After the constant stress, being somewhere both friendly and peaceful is somehow more strenuous
[18:44] <@Detro> ::shrugs:: There are fountains back home.
01[18:45] <@Savant> There's a slight buzzing from the Autoguard, which says a few stilted words of Agenspraec before moving aside to admit Caelin and Scildfreja into the ring of apartments.
[18:46] <@Detro> ::looks at the auto:: I suppose that's freaky-deaky for "Someone's coming in, hide the fine china?" ::grins, hoping to break the tension::
[18:47] <@Caelin> ::walks up into the central circle and waves slightly to the members of the talons::
03[18:47] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:47] <@Birkin> ::nods at Caelin:: Have you two been able to go home yet?
[18:47] <@Marshall> ::wanders over to Caelin::
01[18:47] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Scildfreja is looking happier and more relaxed than any of you have seen her before. She's wearing a loose fitting toga, and she's even done her hair in a different style, which is rather unheard of. She waves as well::
[18:49] <@Caelin> ::smiles:: we stopped by our appartment to open it up again, our maintenance auto kept everything in order thankfully
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> It wasn't even dusty.
[18:51] <@Detro> ::looks back at the fountain after smiling at the Utopian arrivals::
03[18:51] * Kt (~Kt@ip70-187-39-7.pn.at.cox.net) has joined #BT05
[18:52] <@Birkin> ::raises an eyebrow:: I need to purchase one of those for back home.
01[18:52] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::glances at Caelin:: I'm sure you can have one...
[18:52] <@Gabriel> ::enters the central courtyard in full dress uniform, "salad bar" of medals on full display, looking more formal than he's ever looked in this rag-tag little bunch::
[18:53] <@Caelin> ::shrugs a bit:: probably, they aren't exactly high tech
[18:54] <@Caelin> ::after saying that he smirks:: though it would be amusing to have one with blaeschiram tech
01[18:55] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::glances at the Captain and smiles briefly::
[18:55] <@Marshall> ::smirks:: The mess just disappears?
[18:55] <@Detro> ::looks up at Tynes entered:: Uh oh. Either someone's dining with the Westphalia Cabinet or someone died. ::a beat:: Did Delgado finally kill Roland? Or is it the other way around? ::grins::
01[18:56] <@Savant> The rings around the central spire of Troy shift; the upper one dims and the lower one brightens. The city takes on a more ruddy orange hue.
[18:57] <@Birkin> ::shakes his head at Detro before looking up at the central spire:: Is it now evening?
[18:57] <@Gabriel> ::grins at Detro:: You aren't the one representing an entire planet, Sergent.
01[18:57] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she nods:: It mimics Heofon. ::a pause, and she smiles again:: Though the weather is better down here.
[18:57] <@Detro> Of course. Well out of my pay grade.
[18:58] <@Gabriel> ::after a pause:: Have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about it. ::nods at Scildfreja:: The two of you have been quite worthy and enjoyable traveling companions, but now it's time to talk to the rest of the planet.
01[18:58] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she agrees with the Captain:: I'm sure you will do fine, Captain. The council is not hard to talk to.
[19:00] <@Caelin> ::nods::they're good people once you get to know them, we all are
[19:00] <@Detro> And look on the bright side. If you blow it, nobody back home would ever learn about it. ::grins again at the gallows humor::
[19:01] <@Marshall> ::looks up:: Please don't blow it.
[19:02] <@Detro> I think that's the line he was just about to give us, actually. ::smirk::
[19:03] <@Marshall> It's worth repeating. ::shrugs::
[19:04] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: Yes, yes. Good advice.
[19:04] <@Detro> So anything else in specific? Want us to just be the background and keep our mouths shut, or...?
[19:05] <@Birkin> ::looks over at Detro:: Yes
03[19:05] * Kt (~Kt@ip70-187-39-7.pn.at.cox.net) has left #bt05
[19:06] <@Gabriel> They'll be seeing all of us, and there's no telling what questions they might ask or what they might expect. Remember: they didn't send diplomats to Caprice. They sent soldiers, and some of their best. Just like us.
[19:06] <@Gabriel> That means we have a lot in common, so trust your instincts.
[19:08] <@Detro> ...Maybe not a lot. Some things, sure.
03[19:10] * Kt (~Kt@ip70-187-39-7.pn.at.cox.net) has joined #BT05
01[19:10] <@Savant> The light ring continues to lower, growing more ruddy as it gently descends. The top rings begin to come on again, starting to glow a cool blue now.
[19:10] <@Marshall> ::looks at the light for a number of minutes, trying to determine a pattern::
01[19:11] <@Savant> The Autoguard at the entrance to the compound buzzes and says a few stilted words of Agenspraec, and a person enters. He ducks his head under the bough of a tree as he enters, watching the Terranovans inside.
[19:12] <@Gabriel> ::turns toward the new arrival::
[19:12] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit and turns as he spots the newcomer:: ahh, Cuthen, good to see you again!
[19:13] <@Birkin> ::does the same as the captain, steping back and to the side of him::
01[19:14] <@Savant> The man smiles and steps forward, reaching to shake Caelin's hand
01[19:14] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> ::grasps Caelin's arm:: Caelin, it's good to see you again. We were beginning to worry.
01[19:14] <@Savant> Cuthen Sunthere is a tall man, or would be were he to stand up from his hunching. He wears voluminous white robes that almost seem to swallow him up; his head seems perched atop the drape of his cloak, crowned with a black mop of hair and bejeweled with a significantly large, hawkish nose. Despite all this he seems a pleasant fellow, mild in manner and expression.
[19:15] <@Detro> ::stays seated, watching::
[19:15] <@Marshall> ::stands and "dusts himself off" to make sure his uniform was at least presentable::
01[19:15] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::stands to accept a hug from the Sophist, apparently in a good enough mood for it::
[19:16] <@Caelin> ::takes his hand and gives a firm shake::it certain has been an interesting journey, we're glad to be back ::turns to tynes:: Captain Gabriel Tynes, this is our Sophist of Social Memetics, Cuthen Sunthere
[19:16] <@Gabriel> ::offers his hand:: Captain Gabirel Tynes, commanding officer, 5th Black Talons, representing the Westphalia Cabinet of Terra Nova. My lieutenant, Aaron Birkin. Cadet Officer Xochitl Delgado. ::introduces the others with similar formality::
01[19:18] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> ::He shakes Gabriel's hand, and then each of the Talons in turn:: It pleases me to welcome you to Troy and to Utopia, though I am sure that many others will have assumed the same honour and will do so in the future.
[19:18] <@Birkin> ::nods his head in respect to the Sophist, fully prepared to shake his hand if the man came over to do so::
[19:18] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Thank you for the invitation to your world.
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> I'm glad you accepted, Captain, though it was the Council that extended it. I am here for a reason other than polotics. Has your stay been comfortable? The rooms are to your liking, not too strange? The food here must be unusual to your palate, I hope it has settled well.
[19:21] <@Marshall> ::surely, this man of social expertise was probably watching each move. Each gesture, so he toned the body language way down::
[19:22] <@Gabriel> Everything has been quite excellent so far, but it would not matter if it were not. ::grins:: On Caprice, I lived in a cave and most of the food was algae-based. By that standard, Utopia is paradise.
[19:23] <@Caelin> ::smiles a bit at cuthen:: you'd be suprised how easy it was to get them to try drillgit meat
[19:24] <@Gabriel> ::grins again:: And we enjoy hunting, now that we're back on a planet where it is possible. ::indicates the chairs:: Will you sit?
[19:24] <@Gabriel> <<hunting and fishing, actually. Gabriel would think of fishing.>>
01[19:25] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> ::he grins, aquiesces, and sits:: Well, you will have better fare than drillgit here. I must ask your health as well. The travel here was hard, I'm told. Is there anything we can do to make things more comfortable? Ought we call for the doctor?
03[19:26] * Fraser (~nutterbal@CPE001839bd1335-CM001692fade4c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #bt05
03[19:26] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
[19:28] <@Gabriel> ::sits nearby:: No, no, we are quite well, thank you.
[19:29] <@Gabriel> You said you were here for a reason other than politics. What can I do for you?
[19:29] <@Caelin> ::nods:: after we meet with the council Scildfreja and I will go for an examination, however I must say that the talon's doctor Xochitl Delgado did a good job keeping us alive
01[19:29] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> The Councillors will be along shortly. I thought to come ahead beforehand and make sure you were well. I also admit, I was curious to meet people from another planet. Anotehr planet that wasn't Hel-bent on killing us, at least. ::smiles::
01[19:30] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::she nods with Caelin and sits on the edge of the garden, upon the stone retaining wall::
01[19:31] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> What do you think of it? The city, the planet - it must be quite a change from what you are used to. Neither Caprice nor Terra Nova, though I don't know as much about your own home.
[19:31] <@Gabriel> ::nods, smiling:: A rather unpleasant sort of person, I must agree. Particularly the ones with purple skin.
[19:32] <@Birkin> ::grunts in agreement with the Captain::
03[19:32] * Fraser is now known as Roland
[19:32] <@Roland> ::mutters:: Those aren't fucking people.
01[19:33] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> ::laughs, but seems surprised:: Oh? I rather prefer them. Those ones are doing what you would expect them to, and they do it honourably enough. It's the Terrans that are the traitorous ones.
[19:33] <@Gabriel> ::shrugs slightly:: We have more in common than you would think. Our cities are also isolated from one another, and more than one is underground. We have also known our share of war amongst ourselves, though with a common enemy, I believe such things are behind us.
[19:33] <@Gabriel> ::nods, somewhat surprised, despite himself:: An interesting perspective. You're right, of course.
[19:34] <@Gabriel> So, to answer your question, so far, I find Utopia... familiar. Scildfreja will tell you that my first impression of your world reminded me of home.
[19:36] <@Detro> Glowing plantlife aside. ::grins::
01[19:36] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> ::he smiles at that, and replies to Detro:: It's quite remarkable, isn't it? We have some here. You'll be able to see it at night. The Fenians brought it. Their alliegence grows more useful by the day.
01[19:38] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::An Armiger-Auto walks into the central patio, pausing at the edge of the buildings and waiting::
[19:38] <@Detro> It would be interesting to see if those would survive on our world. Something like a natural streetlight here I imagine.
[19:41] <@Caelin> ::smirks at the exchange in conversation then spots the drone::the council must be arriving now
01[19:41] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> I believe it concentrates radioactive isotopes, burns off what it can, and then deposits the rest for collection. We keep them for that purpose, at least.
[19:41] <@Detro> ::arches eyebrow:: Fascinating...
[19:43] <@Gabriel> ::is content to listen for a bit, trying to read Cuthen's motives::
01[19:43] <@Savant> Caelin is right. A few more robed figures arrive at the compound, with another Auto-Armiger trailing behind.
[19:43] <@Marshall> ::smiles:: Everything has a purpose here. Not untrue everywhere, but form and function meet here like nowhere else.
[19:44] <@Gabriel> ::stands to greet the new arrivals::
01[19:44] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> We have always prided ourselves on the merger of utility and beauty. Even in our darkest days. Our science and engineering is the greatest on the planet, and our quality of life is unmatched.
[19:44] <@Caelin> ::straightens up as the council enters::
[19:45] <@Gabriel> ::files that bit of interesting information away without commenting on it for now::
01[19:46] <@Savant> Everyone stands up as the Council enters; plus obvious hangers-on. It is a little bit like meeting a Roman senate, what with everyone wearing the cloaks and togas so typical here. There is no moment of awkward silence as the group gathers before the Talons.
01[19:47] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> ::One of the smaller men is in front; he raises a hand in greeting:: Terranovans. Let me welcome you to Troy and our planet, and let me thank you for answering our call.
[19:47] <@Roland> ::given the topic of conversation, and finding the enamel on his teeth wearing down, he reaches into a pocket slowly and retrieves a stick of gum which he begins chewing on it::
[19:47] <@Gabriel> Thank you for your invitation, to your city and to your planet. We are honored to be here. ::again, introduces himself and the others::
01[19:47] <@Savant> Hereald Trosige is a slight man, neither tall nor strong, though also not appearing to be frail - a happy middle ground. He is at the age where age is indistinguishable; he might be fourty cycles, he might be sixty. The slight grey in his brown hair and beard is the only real indication of age at all.
01[19:50] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> ::does not shake hands, but he does nod.:: You have met General Kogmund and Cuthen Sunthere. ::Carries on, introducing the other councillors::
01[19:50] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> ::Smirks, looking amused::
01[19:51] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> Do you wish to come to the matter at hand, or leave this until you've hand the chance to sleep?
[19:52] <@Gabriel> We are well, and well-rested, I assure you. That's the one advantage to a long space-flight: you get your rest. ::smiles::
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> ::smiles briefly, his body posture changing:: I have no doubts of that. Though I hear you have your own spacecraft, and ran the blockade? Quite a feat. My compliments to your pilot.
[19:56] <@Marshall> ::grimaces as soon as the memory of that trick returns::
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: I will pass along the compliment. Jeremi is one of a kind, even for our planet. Will you sit?
01[19:57] <@Savant> The Councillors and their attendants sit at the benches with little fanfare; soon the table is full. An attendant, a human one, approaches with food.
[19:57] <@Gabriel> ::has a seat after the Council does so and indicates for the others to do the same::
[19:57] <@Caelin> ::nods::we came in with the last controlled meteor shower over the ithican sea, i thank Bercthun for pointing that out for us
[19:57] <@Detro> ::follows orders, sitting and opting to stay quiet now::
[19:59] <@Caelin> ::takes a seat at the table::
01[19:59] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> Ah, dear Bercthun. I'm glad he's still with us. ::nods and puts his hands to the table:: I was afraid the war would come to him even there.
01[20:01] <@Savant> Meals are served; fresh food, freshly picked and prepared just now. There doesn't seem to be a problem with just setting in to eating.
[20:01] <@Caelin> ::nods:: he does well considering and the terrans don't seem interested in bothering him
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::butts in:: You ran into the Second Army, I hear. What's still operational of it?
[20:03] <@Marshall> ::looks to Gabriel at that question::
[20:03] <@Gabriel> We encountered an ambithera and what remained of its autoguard, perhaps a half dozen each of scout and light autos. I am afraid we misinterpreted the actions of its autoguard as hostile.
[20:03] <@Gabriel> However, we recovered the ambithera and brought it with us. We conducted a search of the area but encountered no human survivors.
01[20:04] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::the big man laughs and slaps his knee, glee obvious on his face:: Still hostile! I'd love to see your records of it, Terranovan.
[20:04] <@Gabriel> ::enjoys the food, still thrilled with having fresh after multiple seasons of prepackaged rations::
01[20:05] <@Savant> Uthred Alstan, the Autofactury Warden, is a great bear of a man, of such a physique and demeanour that he might as well be beating the Autos out of iron bars over a hot forge and anvil. With ruddy skin, a big nose, dark shaggy hair and a trim beard, Uthred seems a jovial man.
[20:05] <@Birkin> ::looks at the spread, seeing the natives begin to partake he does the same::
[20:05] <@Gabriel> I would be pleased to share them with you. ::to Detro:: See to it later this evening, Sergent.
[20:05] <@Detro> ::nods:: Sure thing.
[20:06] <@Caelin> ::smiles at uthred and adds:: the ambithera had sent a patrol of autos into some ruins near where we found her but had lost contact, they may still be there but it was too dangerous for use to search, radiation levels are still high
01[20:06] <@Savant> 3Wilem Maribold> ::Reassumes the conversation to its original tack:: You've come here for reasons of your own as well as to aid us, we assume, Captain. What interests does Terra Nova have in Utopia?
01[20:09] <@Savant> 2Turec Ferthnor> ::Reassumes the conversation to its original tack:: You've come here for reasons of your own as well as to aid us, we assume, Captain. What interests does Terra Nova have in Utopia?
[20:09] <@Gabriel> Our interests are three-fold. ::counts them off on his fingers:: First, to learn all we can of the other colonies and how they stand. Second, to assist you in any way that we can. And third and most importantly, to seek allies to blunt the attacks of the CEF on our world and on any other world where they seek dominion.
01[20:10] <@Savant> 2Turec Ferthnor> ::leans closer:: But we had heard that you had turned aside their attacks, and that your black teams were being sent to fight them on their own ground?
[20:11] <@Gabriel> If you have any worries about replacing one invader with another, please, put them to rest. We have no interest in conquest, but we also have no interest in being conquered ourselves. If Earth had come to us peacefully seeking homes for their people, I have no doubt that their request would have been granted. But they came to enslave us and take our world.
[20:11] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Yes, that's correct. They invaded our world in force, and we threw them off.
01[20:11] <@Savant> Turec Ferthnor is an elderly man, and an almost picturesque example of the statesman in decline. Bald with snowy white hair in a ring about his head and a bushy but well groomed beard, there must be a thousand busts of different men of importance that look the same. For his age, he doesn't seem to have lost one bit of wit.
[20:13] <@Gabriel> Some remained -- what combat troops the Earthers couldn't carry home with them, to be honest -- and live among us in peace.
01[20:13] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> ::nods slowly, taking it in:: Terranova, then, is habitable? It is not a desert? ::glances at the others:: Our records of your planets are... sparse.
[20:13] <@Detro> ::grins, looking towards Caelin and Scildfreja who would probably be the most believed at the table::
[20:14] <@Gabriel> The equatorial portions of our world are quite hot, but the polar regions are extremely pleasant. And even in the very midst of the equatorial regions, humans survive and thrive. Cadet Officer Delgado comes from this part of the planet. ::nods toward the doctor::
[20:15] <@Gabriel> The planet is sparsely populated, even now, but I assure you the planet is quite habitable and is home to hundreds of millions.
01[20:15] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> ::laughs briefly:: The Terrans' propaganda is laughably primitive. They'd have us believe that Terra Nova is a wasteland.
[20:15] <@Caelin> ::nods and smirks::they even manage to get snow in some parts
[20:16] <@Gabriel> ::smirks very slightly:: Anything they cannot conquer must of course not be worth having.
01[20:16] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> Hundreds of millions, indeed! Can a planet even *hold* that many?
[20:17] <@Gabriel> Indeed it can. And the CEF, despite our valueless planet, continues to put forth every effort to take our world from us. What they could not conquer, they attempt to bomb from space or with subterfuge and treachery on the ground.
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> Well, given that you are here now and broke the blockade, I'm more happy to believe that Terra Nova is a might that Terra hasn't the will to break.
01[20:18] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> ::he nods:: When is their next invasion scheduled? do you know it?
[20:19] <@Gabriel> ::shakes his head:: No, but we believe it will come soon. Caprice is heavily fortified, and is their primary base of operations against us. Most of our Black Talon teams operate there. I am pleased to report that our team did its part with quite extensive damage to their major shipyard.
[20:20] <@Gabriel> Among other attacks large and small, but that blow likely did the most to delay their next invasion.
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::the General nods:: Are you aware of the First Utopian Fleet, Captain?
[20:22] <@Gabriel> We saw and encountered ships beyond counting in your system. Your solar system is busier even than Caprice's, something I did not think possible. So I'm not sure what fleet you refer to.
01[20:22] <@Savant> Leuthere Kogmund is a tall, powerfully built lion of a man who commands attention by his mere presence. He must be approaching 80 cycles of age, he is balding with only a few whisps of snowy white hair crowning his head, but his blue eyes are as sharp as any 30-cycle-old. His nose was once broken and set badly, and apparently he has refused to have it re-set.
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Let me be the first to offer you a gift, then, Captain. Steelgate, Greenway and conquered Koglund are building a Fleet. It has been training extensively with crews from the Eighth Fleet, we are told.
[20:25] <@Gabriel> We have learned that Caprice is providing raw materials for the reconstruction of the Praxiletes (sp) shipyard in this system.
[20:25] <@Birkin> ::looks around and grunts:: To uphold a treaty obligation if Earth can't do the job with another fleet.
[20:25] <@Marshall> ::approaches Urthred:: That Cydh Ambithera is quite an impressive piece of work, if you don't mind me saying. Not only working, but still fighting after all this time.
01[20:26] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::grins at Marshall:: You like her, eh? Which one is she? We sent quite a few with the Second.
[20:26] <@Gabriel> Caprician corporations, either in thrall to the CEF or working with them but biding their time, are providing extensive technical assistance as well.
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> Their Treaty is turning out to be a great trap for the Republicans. They've been losing power steadily to the Viceroys, who are int he hands of the Terrans.
[20:28] <@Marshall> ::smiles:: I'm..not sure how to tell them apart.
[20:28] <@Gabriel> As a matter of fact, I can offer you a gift as well, General. An advanced light railgun built to be used with your armigers by a Caprician corporation. Caelin there has used it, and may retain it now that we are on your world. Perhaps you will be able to duplicate it, and if you cannot, we will capture or purchase more of them for you.
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::frowns, nods:: We assumed as much when we saw their ships come in. ::pauses as Gabriel continues:: Ah. A railgun, you say? ::Looks over at Uthred:: There may be something for your forges, Uthred. ::then back to Gabriel:: Will we be seeing more of it on the field of battle?
[20:31] <@Detro> ::relaxes, having not been sure how to prod Tynes to offer a gift in return for the gift offered to them::
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> Well, you ask it its name, son! ::laughs, then looks at the General:: What is this, a railgun? Caprician? Well, we'll see what the greasy fish have come up with this time. Maybe it'll actually be worth looking at. ::grunts::
[20:31] <@Gabriel> I'd be pleased to offer demonstrations of any bit of technology you like that we have brought with us. In addition to our own and the Caprician railgun, we also have keff ::coughs:: CEF, rather... we have captured CEF weapons as well as one of their frames and one of their command cars. All of this is aboard our spacecraft.
[20:31] <@Marshall> ::looks to Urthred and adds:: The railgun is pretty similar to the one we use on our main battle tanks, only smaller obviously. If you don't mind the help I have a few ideas where to start.
[20:32] <@Caelin> ::nods to uthred:: i'll bring it to you later, it is with my armiger
[20:32] <@Birkin> ::takes a drink of water:: Yes but can they see the trap being sprung on them? Or are they oblvious and still loving their new allies?
[20:32] <@Gabriel> If you are at all interested in a close look at CEF technology, that is. ::smiles::
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Frames. When we first saw your... Gears, we thought they might be copies of Frames, but Uthred tells me it's the other way around. So this technology is yours?
[20:33] <@Detro> e03
[20:33] <@Gabriel> Yes, that's accurate. A frame is a very poor imitation of a Terranovan Gear.
[20:33] <@Marshall> The CEF copied the idea after the War of the Alliance.
[20:33] <@Birkin> ::seems a little disgusted at the idea that Gear is a copy of a Frame::
[20:33] <@Detro> How they work. What they can't take, they steal and copy.
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::grins a brief smirk:: That's good. Frames are poor imitations of soldiers. But they're getting better.
[20:34] <@Marshall> The one we have, Tiamat, is one of the more recent incarnations. It's still awkward and clumsy by Terranovan standards.
01[20:35] <@Savant> 2Turec Ferthnor> They're aware, but powerless to stop it. The Republicans were never good politicians, and they're bring manipulated by the Terrans like drones. It's humiliating to see a Utopian state fall so far.
03[20:35] * Ryco (~Me@S01060014bff40011.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
[20:35] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement with Marshall:: I can arrange a full demonstration of the combat Gears we've brought with us. We'd also be pleased to participate in a combined operation at some future point. Though of course there's great surprise value to our presence here, value that I'd like to retain for as long as possible.
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::rubs his chin:: There's been talk of using this "Battle Frame" technology in making Autos. I've been looking at it. They're fast, fast as lightning. That's handy at the very least.
[20:36] <@Gabriel> ::to Turec:: I'm afraid you have our world to blame for the CEF's actions on yours. When open conquest failed on our world of multiple states, they obviously decided on a new tactic here.
[20:37] <@Birkin> Their Earthers presence in space is daunting to say the least. Aren't the Terran's afraid of arming Steelgate with such a powerful space navy?
[20:38] <@Marshall> ::nods in agreement with Urthred:: The Type 6-55 Frame we have has a secondary hover movement system that seems common on most of the CEF Battle Frames. I think that will give you the speed advantage you're looking for.
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Turec Ferthnor> ::briefly pauses as the first words of guilt for Utopia's condition come out of Gabriel's mouth, but the rest of the sentence fixes things:: We forgive you for defending your homelands. ::He's not smiling, but there's a twinkle of mirth in his eyes::
[20:38] <@Marshall> We can play around with the idea. I'm open to anything.
01[20:39] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Afraid? Likely. I don't know what the Terrans are thinking. That's just how far the Republicans have gotten in with the Terrans, we think.
01[20:40] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> We will let you stay hidden here as long as you like, Captain, and we will share with information we have available, if it is important to Terra Nova. I am glad to know that we have at least one ally in the Concordat. Are there others?
01[20:41] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::rubs his chin:: But the black armour is almost useless when it's flying at that speed. We've tried it.
[20:41] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: The people of the city of Gomorrah on Caprice are mostly in thrall of the CEF, but outside the city lies the vast surface of the planet, populated by a people called the Liberati.
[20:42] <@Gabriel> They stand with us. They are not professional soldiers, but what they lack in training, they more than make up in guise, enthusiasm, and ingenuity.
[20:42] <@Caelin> ::to uthred:: what about the blaeschiram system?
[20:44] <@Detro> And determination.
[20:44] <@Gabriel> And on Atlantis, I am told that a stalemate exists. The tiny spots of land on the planet have been conquered by the CEF, but most life exists in the planet's oceans, and these are barred to the CEF to date.
[20:45] <@Birkin> We have word that Eden is still free. But that Terra might push forward that invasion.
[20:45] <@Caelin> <disregard last comment:)>
01[20:45] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> ::he nods, a calculating expression on his face:: We are not alone, the two of us, then. It's relieving to know.
[20:46] <@Marshall> I thought that problem might arise. Fast or stealthy. It's always been one or the other. I'll start thinking of something.
01[20:47] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> We won't be much help until our gate is cleared of the Republicans and the Terrans, and that won't happen until we own the ground. Don't think *too* far ahead, Councillors.
01[20:48] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> Of course not. Captain, we have thought long and hard on what to do with any allies we might find beyond the Gates. Terra Nova is so far, it is hard to think that we could support each other. But I feel we can.
03[20:48] * Kt (~Kt@ip70-187-39-7.pn.at.cox.net) has left #bt05
[20:49] <@Birkin> ::thinks about it for a moment:: We have not heard much of anything about Jotunheim in a long time. Do you have any new information about the planet and what is going on through that gate?
01[20:49] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> As you said, many goods for the occupation of Utopia are made on Caprice and elsewhere, and they all come through Caprice. Which is close enough for you to strike upon.
01[20:50] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> The Eighth Fleet is getting many upgrades from Steelgate and, sadly, our own Koglund, as well. Along with the entire First Utopian Fleet. Which is something that *we* can strike against.
03[20:50] * dakabn (~dakabn@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
03[20:50] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[20:50] <@Caelin> ::to hereald::terranova is currently working on getting a foothold in the loki system, that would certainly bring them closer
01[20:50] <@Savant> 2Turec Ferthnor> Jotunheim? Is it even still inhabited? The gate comes and goes at times, but we haven't been able to follow what goes on there.
01[20:51] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> Making Blaecscirham that can cover a dust cloud? I don't know where to even start.
[20:51] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Other Talon teams are doing everything they can to impede the CEF on Caprice. The duty of this Talon is here with you on Utopia, to learn what we can, and to help where we can.
[20:51] <@Marshall> Mmm. Hiding the dust cloud so it doesn't have to.
[20:52] <@Gabriel> If your science and industry are as good as Concillor Trosige says, then I have been authorized to give you a great gift indeed: the secret of building your own Gears.
[20:53] <@Gabriel> But I would be remiss to the people of my world if I didn't seek an equally great gift for my own people in return. ::smiles::
02[20:53] * @Roland (~nutterbal@CPE001839bd1335-CM001692fade4c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[20:54] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> The air's got to vent somewhere! Those great smokers the Terrans call tanks can be seen kilometers away!
[20:55] <@Marshall> ::nods:: It's certainly a problem. ::pensieve::
01[20:57] <@Savant> The General seems quite taken aback, surprised by the generosity. The others also take note, as if Gabriel had just set a bomb on the table.
01[20:58] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> The Terranovans are very generous. We will convene the council on this matter, Captain.
[20:59] <@Marshall> Maybe the CEF has it all wrong. We don't need the hover systems at all. We could use the same sort of primary-secondaries on our gears.
01[20:59] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> Those great wheels on your heels? ::chuckles:: I much prefer that to the hovering system.
[21:00] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Please do. There is very little we can do for you militarily. My Talon is mighty, but we are only eight. So the best help we can give you is information and technology.
01[21:01] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> ::He stands, having finished the meal some time ago:: Your help has already been great. The council will convene in the morning on the matter. You will have free reign of the city, but under escort; at least until the army returns. Perhaps Uthred will give you a tour of the autofactury lines, if you like?
[21:02] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit at gabriel:: you seemed to do pretty well at intel gathering and causing the terrans all kinds of grief on caprice with your small team
01[21:02] <@Savant> The others stand as well, and auto-attendants gather dishes and plates.
[21:02] <@Gabriel> ::grins at Caelin:: We do what we can. ::to Trosgie:: That would be most welcome, thank you.
[21:02] <@Marshall> ::gives Gabriel an "Oh please can we go can we canwecanwecanwe" look::
01[21:03] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::grins widely:: It'll be my pleasure!
01[21:04] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> Excellent. ::Nods to the Talons:: Good night, Terranovans. We will speak again tomorrow.
[21:05] <@Birkin> ::stands with the others::
[21:05] <@Detro> ::smiles, standing::
[21:05] <@Caelin> ::to uthred:: i shall bring you that railgun too if you'd like, oh also...::to birkin::the lieutenant has some of terranova's finest spirits for you to sample as well ::grins::
01[21:06] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::grins wider:: Oho, really? Well, perhaps I'll come back later tonight and bring some of my own
[21:06] <@Gabriel> ::stands and nods:: I look forward to it, Councillor.
[21:06] <@Gabriel> ::nods his approval of Caelin's idea as well::
[21:06] <@Birkin> ::grins:: I look forwards to that.
01[21:07] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> I'l be back right away, then ::grins::
01[21:07] <@Savant> The councillors leave as they came, with no fanfare; just an autoguard ahead of them and another one trailing behind. It is night now, or what passes for it here - just like a bright but moonless night, with everything under a blue-silver glow.
[21:08] <@Marshall> That went well, I think.
[21:08] <@Detro> Indeed.
[21:09] <@Birkin> I don't think they were expecting such an offer ::looks at Captain Tynes:: I hope they decide to take us up on it
[21:09] <@Marshall> I'm sure that, plus my help in getting our SMS working on some of those autos will make it worth it.
[21:09] <@Gabriel> ::nods, removing his beret and greatcoat and setting them on a chair:: We're in a dicey situation here, people. They want to think of us as outsiders ::nods apologetically to Scild and Caelin:: and will have a hard time trusting outsiders. So our best hope is to not be outsiders.
01[21:10] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:10] <@Savant> there we have it! Not a bad little game. I was worried that it might flop, but it actually went pretty well once you decided to, you know, talk Wink
01[21:11] <@Savant> any comments?
[21:11] <@Birkin> I thought it was good stuff Smile
[21:11] <@Marshall> Yeah. Awesome.
[21:11] <@Detro> Noice
01[21:11] <@Savant> i enjoy these NPCs
[21:12] <@Marshall> Now we just need a Trojan version of Juno (no pun intended) and we'll be right at home Wink
[21:12] <@Caelin> these next few games should be fun, getting settled into life in new troy:)
[21:13] <@Gabriel> It's gonna be WAY different from Caprice, that's for sure. Fun, though.
01[21:13] <@Savant> The next game is up in the air. Do you want to roleplay the Autofactury tour? The next meeting with the council seems important, so that will be included.
[21:13] <@Marshall> hah as a matter of fact, pun intended. You can call the Trojan version of Juno "Hera" Wink
01[21:13] <@Savant> hee
[21:13] <@Caelin> i'd think uthred would be clost to being juno-like, of course a male version;)
01[21:14] <@Savant> i have a big fat post for the autofactury, which I can simply put up to the forums or wiki.
[21:14] <@Gabriel> We can split and do both, if you want. Gabriel and Roland and Delgado (and maybe Birkin?) are not exactly the factory types.
01[21:14] <@Savant> that is true. We can certainly do that.
01[21:14] <@Savant> anyone opposed?
[21:14] <@Gabriel> But I know that Marshall and Detro and Juno would certainly benefit from a factory tour.
01[21:14] <@Savant> oh yes. Oh very yes.
01[21:14] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> squeeeeeeeee!
[21:14] <@Marshall> Very yes indeed.
[21:15] <@Detro> Actually, I'll remind you all *again* that our Spider needs repair.
[21:15] <@Marshall> We just have to keep Juno on her meds Wink
01[21:15] <@Savant> she will be on her meds. The stimulants.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> Eh, we can do that ourselves.
01[21:15] <@Savant> anyways, experience! One for teamwork. Any teamwork to speak of tonight?
[21:16] <@Marshall> We tiptoed around the Social Sophist Wink
[21:16] <@Gabriel> Once everybody loosened up and started talking, yes. Very divide and conquer.
[21:16] <@Caelin> in the next day or so gamewise, pathfinder should be brought in
[21:16] <@Gabriel> So to speak. Wink
[21:16] <@Caelin> noone offended anyone:)
[21:16] <@Gabriel> And yeah, that's also true. We need to get Pathfinder out of a hole in the ground, pleasant as the hole may be. Wink It's a bit far away.
[21:16] <@Gabriel> And the road leaves something to be desired.
[21:17] <@Marshall> Like, road?
01[21:17] <@Savant> i think that once everyone started talking, yes, it was a very good case of everyone taking a piece of the pie. That was half the game. How do you want to account for the first half?
[21:17] <@Caelin> get pathfinder out of a hole, into a bigger hole?Razz
01[21:17] <@Savant> Kogmund asks if Pathfinder is submersible
[21:17] <@Marshall> It...is? IIRC.
[21:18] <@Marshall> We need to make sure the hull is still feelin' pretty after all the stunts we've pulled with it of late.
[21:18] <@Gabriel> The first half was a bit fluffy. I'm honestly not sure how it could have gone differently than it did, unless maybe Harry brought an aide-de-camp or something. But he didn't. All he brought is a robot. Wink
[21:18] <@Gabriel> He had an agenda, and we had to kind of dance around it. The fact that we did so successfully suggests teamwork, even if the teamwork was of the "shut up and let the closest guy we have to an expert do the talking."
[21:18] <@Gabriel> ie, not screwing up represented teamwork in the first half. Wink
[21:19] <@Detro> Your welcome.
[21:19] <@Detro> Razz
01[21:19] <@Savant> heh heh
01[21:19] <@Savant> well, okay. I'l buy that. one teamwork point.
01[21:20] <@Savant> Next one is a biggie. I want lots to get this point. Storyline.
01[21:20] <@Savant> what's important and why is it important?
[21:20] <@Birkin> Earth has been downplaying its losses
[21:20] <@Marshall> The First Utopian Fleet is HUGE.
[21:20] <@Gabriel> And Pathfinder has HEP: All, which includes underwater, so I presume the answer is yes.
[21:20] <@Marshall> They're coming after us for sure.
[21:21] <@Marshall> Huge in a storyline sense. I'm not sure of the actual size.
[21:21] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: That's pretty freakin' scary. Gabriel didn't comment on it, because he didn't want to show off how much that worries him. "In space" is where the CEF can win this war.
[21:21] <@Birkin> Yeah
[21:21] <@Gabriel> It's really the only place they can win it. They can't win it on the ground. Hell, the American Revolution shows THAT, 5000 years before the present. Wink
03[21:21] * Kt (~Kt@ip72-213-197-27.pn.at.cox.net) has joined #BT05
01[21:22] <@Savant> Imagine the Eighth Fleet returning, with a massive drone army flying in along with it Smile oh, and if they manage to capture Troy's stealth technology, a massive swarm of *invisible* drones
[21:22] <@Caelin> i remember us asking about using the pathfinder like a ship or sub to cross the ocean to koglund but colin said the engines wouldn't work that way and it would likely just sink
[21:22] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: In space is where they can win the war. It's their strong point, and TN's weak point.
01[21:22] <@Savant> you won't die if Pathfinder goes underwate,r but it can't fly there.
01[21:22] <@Savant> backpressure from the engines = boom.
[21:22] <@Marshall> We need to put a Caterpillar on Pathfinder Wink
[21:22] <@Marshall> Fans of THFRO rejoice.
01[21:23] <@Savant> actually, the Utopians say that they'll tow it into Troy if you want to get it underwater.
[21:23] <@Gabriel> So yeah. that's rather huge. Beyond THAT, though, it's interesting as hell to hear Troy's diplomat claim that they have the best science and technology on the planet.
01[21:23] <@Savant> anything else you've learned? there's lots more to say.
[21:23] <@Detro> I'm going to assume you meant THFRO caterpillar and not Caterpillar-like treads.
01[21:23] <@Savant> he was clearly gloating when he said that, too Wink
[21:23] <@Gabriel> There's nothing to think it isn't true, and if it is true, that's quite interesting and has implications all over the place.
[21:24] <@Gabriel> I hinted at them in #lemos. Trojan inventors plus Terranovan manufacturing plus Liberati manpower would be a hell of a good combination.
[21:24] <@Marshall> The Utopians seem excited and hesitant to work with us all at the same time.
[21:24] <@Marshall> Excited cause we want to help. Hesitant cause Earth wanted to help too, I bet.
[21:24] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: That last line is the word of God on this planet. They really really really want to think of us as outsiders, look for an excuse to throw us off and feel like they're fighting all on their lonesome.
01[21:25] <@Savant> yeah. I can see Northco pumping out stealthed, autonomous Gears and Autos by the millions
[21:25] <@Gabriel> In the WW2 scenario of this war, they're England, all over. Great tech, but isolated, alone, proud, haughty, and hating to accept help but needing it desperately.
[21:25] <@Marshall> ::high fives his Northco Connections Perk::
[21:25] <@Detro> ...and having half "diverted" to the war hawks on TN and CEF infiltrators
01[21:25] <@Savant> a very good analogy, Gabriel. That's spot on accurate. Though it's a bit more deep rooted than that
[21:26] <@Marshall> Utopia = England, TN = US, Liberati = Soviets Wink
01[21:26] <@Savant> The Utopians have been living in that mindset for centuries. KEep in mind - their culture was formed from the ground up by survivors of a global nuclear war.
[21:26] <@Gabriel> We haven't met the Soviets yet. The Liberati are Poland.
[21:26] <@Gabriel> Maybe the Edenites are the Soviets, or the Jotunheimers. Wink
[21:26] <@Caelin> it's be interesting to see who the french are in this:)
[21:26] <@Marshall> Or maybe they're France =)
01[21:27] <@Savant> Greenway was France.
01[21:27] <@Savant> Steelgate was Austria.
[21:27] <@Marshall> Yeah.
01[21:27] <@Savant> this is an interesting analogy Smile
[21:27] <@Caelin> ahh yeah
[21:27] <@Detro> So... Joanna was the embodiment of the sub guy from the Sound of Music
[21:27] <@Caelin> the independant city states= the swiss:)
01[21:27] <@Savant> anyways, you have earned the Storyline point. That is two.
[21:28] <@Marshall> It is because of our WW2 Analogy, which was in fact, interesting =P
01[21:28] <@Savant> I will give you three if you can tell me what you'd like to do to help the Utopians out, now that you've spoken with them. They're willing to give you intel, give you missions or targets of interest to Terra Nova, or just let you chill for awhile.
01[21:28] <@Savant> so long as you aren't a drain on their resources, you can do what you want.
[21:29] <@Caelin> oh yeah, another point, there is apparently something going to and from jotunheim, since the gate has apparently been opened a number of times
[21:29] <@Marshall> Chilling sucks. Lets build some shit and blow something up.
01[21:29] <@Savant> word.
[21:29] <@Birkin> lets hit the CEF.
[21:30] <@Detro> Hmmm.
[21:30] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: We have to demonstrate our worth to these people somewhere, somehow, and fast fast fast.
[21:30] <@Gabriel> I was telling Savant:
[21:30] <@Gabriel> [19:53:14] <Gabriel> Yeah, it seemed proper to fling a lightning bolt into this little gathering for some reason. I want the whole "outsider" thing to disappear for a while, and greed is an excellent motivator.
[21:30] <@Gabriel> [19:53:47] <Gabriel> By the time "outsider" comes back, we should be well in each other's pockets. Wink
[21:30] <@Gabriel> So we need to SHOW them what we have to offer.
[21:30] <@Detro> ::nods:: I was thinking, some sort of liason. Where we're observers, but then at opportune times, speak up
[21:31] <@Birkin> I think they want to see action
[21:31] <@Gabriel> Nope, if we start by being observers, they're gonna see us as outsiders. We need to help them somewhere, actively, impressively, and loudly.
[21:31] <@Birkin> or we should have them see action
01[21:31] <@Savant> go blow up Earthtown. They'd be impressed by that Smile
[21:31] <@Gabriel> We gotta show them what we've got for sale. That means some Gear action somewhere, very soon.
[21:32] <@Marshall> I'd be impressed by that too Savant. Not gonna lie.
01[21:32] <@Savant> so would I Smile I'd be betting on them, to be honest.
[21:32] <@Marshall> Yeah I would too. It's a win win.
[21:32] <@Marshall> We either beat them or I win a bunch of money =P
01[21:33] <@Savant> no, it's a lose lose. Either you win and lose your bet, or you win your bet.. and die D:
[21:33] <@Caelin> an assault on the terran's city on utopia would probably be like bastille alpha x100
[21:33] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Earthtown is a bit big. Wink
03[21:33] * Roland (~nutterbal@CPE001839bd1335-CM001692fade4c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #bt05
03[21:33] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Roland
01[21:33] <@Savant> Earthtown is basically a Paladin Lots.
[21:33] <@Gabriel> But yeah, we need to give them an active demonstration of what we can do.
01[21:34] <@Savant> I will give you guys the strategic appraisal of Koglund and northern Sumer over the weekend. That will help your decision making.
01[21:34] <@Savant> that's three points. Well done all!
01[21:34] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:30] <@Birkin> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Delgado> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
[18:30] <@Caelin> ::attn::
01[18:30] <@Savant> we will give Jester a few minutes to show up, but I always like hitting the attn button right on time. Otherwise good evening and welcome to another exciting episode of the Black Talons!
01[18:31] <@Savant> and there he is. I have one or two things to start with
[18:31] <@Roland> I need booze
01[18:32] <@Savant> first one, hoo man, this is a lot of rum.
03[18:32] * Jester (~jester@12.177.110.9Cool has joined #bt05
03[18:32] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
03[18:32] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:32] <@Delgado> Awww yeah.
01[18:32] <@Savant> welcome Jester, we've just started.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Second thing, in regards to a little change I am entertaining.
01[18:32] <@Savant> I want to help encourage you guys to participate and enjoy the game fully.
01[18:33] <@Savant> I also like seeing things like filled out and updated character bios and whatnot. So I'm going to give you some encouragement.
01[18:34] <@Savant> Every week that we go without having a bio in the wiki for every character means that the bad guys get +1 Genre Point.
01[18:34] <@Savant> and because i'm a big fat jerk, it starts riiight now Smile Because I want a genre point.
[18:34] <@Marshall> ::glares at Caelin and Delgado:: Wink
[18:34] <@Detro> Punishing the loyalists for things the rebels do. Cute.
[18:34] <@Roland> I have a bio. No personality profile. Wink
01[18:35] <@Savant> I encourage you to take your time, wait a few weeks. I like genre points and I think it is a good idea for the bad guys to ahve a few. Makes them more entertaining bad guys. And that's honest Wink
01[18:35] <@Savant> that is because Roland does not have a personality.
01[18:35] <@Savant> have gun will travel
[18:35] <@Detro> How about we steal genre points for all the work I've put in the wiki on entering old episode info? ;P
01[18:36] <@Savant> anyways! as we wait for JEster I am going to upload a picture of Juno. It is no doubt a picture of her from this week's game.
01[18:36] <@Savant> in the meantime, how is everyone dressing for your meetings tonight?
[18:37] <@Marshall> BDUs. Identifing marks other than nametape removed.
[18:37] <@Marshall> Identifying*
01[18:37] <@Savant> not in dress uniform?
[18:37] <@Caelin> standard dress for caelin
06[18:37] * @Savant nods
[18:37] <@Detro> What's the opinion of including some manner of native dress?
[18:38] <@Birkin> Dress uniform
[18:38] <@Caelin> er should say standard toga:)
[18:38] <@Detro> It seems to be a good idea to not go to extreme lengths to show ourselves as outsiders.
[18:38] <@Marshall> Marshall's going to an autofactory. BDU's seem appropriate.
[18:39] <@Detro> ... Fine. We'll let Detro be the experiment.
[18:39] <@Detro> Detro's going BDU, but toga over it, how the Utopians are doing it.
[18:39] <@Roland> Roland is not wearing a toga. Wink
[18:39] <@Detro> ::mutters something about "getting shot up again"::
01[18:39] <@Savant> to-ga-to-ga-to-ga
[18:39] <@Marshall> Niether is Marshall. I'm a soldier, not a frat boy =P
[18:39] <@Delgado> Delgado'll do the BDU/toga combo.
[18:39] <@Roland> Although I imagine he could turn it into some sort of weapon if required. Wink
01[18:40] <@Savant> linear *miles* of garotte there.
01[18:40] <@Savant> anyone who wants to may make a Craft(Grooming)/CRE roll cpx 1 vs a threshold of 5.
[18:41] <@Birkin> someone has that dont they?
01[18:42] <@Savant> Gabriel does as well.
01[18:44] <@Savant> also, for those interested, the cutoff for the Strategic Campaign is this Sunday.
01[18:44] <@Savant> aaand phone brb
03[18:44] * Kt (~Kt@ip72-213-197-27.pn.at.cox.net) has joined #BT05
[18:49] <@Marshall> So join the strategic campain now you hoes.
[18:49] <@Marshall> +g
[18:50] <@Birkin> oh we have a date for it? nice
[18:50] <@Marshall> But then again everyone here is already in it except for Itz, Fras, and Farrell. Wink
[18:50] <@Marshall> ::glare:: Wink
[18:50] <@Roland> I have enough work to do, thanks. Wink
[18:51] <@Marshall> Yeah. That's true. You're off the hook =P
01[18:51] <@Savant> there we are. Sorry about htat guys.
01[18:51] <@Savant> let's get you a briefing.
01[18:51] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[18:51] <@Savant> Morning of 18 December, 462 UC (29AUT46)
01[18:51] <@Savant> New Troy, Golan Mountains, Central Sumer
01[18:51] <@Savant> 23 degrees C, indoors. Low radiation levels.
01[18:51] <@Savant> A world in Miniature. Troy seems a tiny universe on its own - a black vaulted dome of a sky, glittering with enough subterranean wealth to please the Nibelungen and lit with bands of warm light. The world curved up to meet the sky in raising tiers of green and gold below. It was a small universe, a seed planted in the hard rock, but within itself it was vibrant and complete.
01[18:51] <@Savant> Strange that the end of your journey here would be so peaceful, in this small open-air suite of apartments that seem more suited to medieval times than the modern age. You have spent a quiet hour here, gathering your wits and recouping your strengths. No doubt the Trojans will arrive soon and disrupt that calm, but there is a sense of timelessness that deadens the urgency of your mission.
01[18:51] <@Savant> Time to prepare. You have been invited to speak with the council of Troy, to be properly welcomed and form the framework for a lasting alliance between the city and the Westphalia Cabinet. Some of you have also been invited to tour the autofactory of the city, or other sights that you may find useful. Regardless, now is the time to see the Trojan world and decide what part, if any, Terranova might play in it.
01[18:51] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:52] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:52] <@Detro> ack
[18:52] <@Caelin> ack
[18:52] <@Birkin> ack
[18:52] <@Delgado> ack
[18:52] <@Marshall> ack
[18:52] <@Roland> ack
01[18:53] <@Savant> any questions?
01[18:54] <@Savant> seems no. Let's roll.
01[18:54] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:54] <@Savant> You wait outside of the Council Chambers in a small open-air courtyard. It is paved with red fired bricks and lined with willowy trees; their leaves linger in dry amber dunes across the cobbles. Several stone, backless chairs wait for the supplicant's leisure, each one clean and dry and adorned with a red cushion. The sound of splashing water can be heard beyond the trees.
01[18:54] <@Savant> The Council Chamber building itself is remarkably unimpressive; it looks more like a stonework villa than the centre of Trojan government. The black stone is punctured by few windows but crested with a vividly blue roof. Banners hang from the eaves in the only display of power; broad black and green and white and blue banners, each finely embroidered and tended for.
[18:55] <@Marshall> ::gives Juno a good pat on the back:: Ready, J?
[18:55] <@Birkin> ::stands in his standard dress uniform, looking around at the sights, taking in the heraldy on the banners for a few moments::
01[18:56] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::aglow with excitement, though her eyes are ringed with grey from a lack of sleep:: oh, am I! It's going to be like candyland in there, I just know it!
[18:56] <@Roland> ::is crouched at the foot of one of the willows, finger poking around amongst the soil and the mulch::
[18:57] <@Caelin> ::brushes off his toga some as he sits on one of the benches waiting::
[18:57] <@Detro> ::unlike their earlier meeting, he's quieter now, his eagle eye clearly taking in every detail::
[18:57] <@Gabriel> ::is back in his dress uniform, back ram-rod straight, awaiting the councillor's pleasure::
[18:57] <@Roland> ::crumbles a couple of clumps of soil between his fingers, looking upwards and scrunching his face at the tree's canopy above::
[18:57] <@Delgado> ::looks around, taking in the simple comforts that constantly surround them, always giving the feel of 'home' and not 'refuge'::
01[18:58] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::sits beside Caelin with a fond expression on her face, though she's idly toying with the leaves on the ground with a stick::
01[19:00] <@Savant> A figure comes along from the arcade and into the courtyard, a large figure enrobed with a brown toga. His shaggy hair almost seems to blend into it, making him shoulderless by the silhouette. It's the Autofactury Warden, Uthren Alstan.
[19:02] <@Marshall> Urthren! It's good to see you again. ::Extends his hand::
[19:02] <@Roland> ::rises from his crouched position, dusting his hands together to get rid of the excess soil as the Warden arrives, muttering that at least not everything seemed to be genetically tampered with::
[19:02] <@Birkin> ::motions at the man to the other talons who do not see him yet::
01[19:02] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::His face lights up with a broad smile as he enters:: Ah, friends! I hope you slept well. ::Shakes MArshall's hand vigorously:: Or at least if not that whatever kept you up was worth it.
[19:03] <@Gabriel> ::grins slightly at the antics of the big Utopian, then gives him a nod in greeting::
[19:03] <@Delgado> ::turns and smiles politely at Uthred as he greets the group::
01[19:04] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> Are you ready to see my pets?
01[19:05] <@Savant> The column of lights at the centre of the city shift slightly, the bottom ring extinguishing and the top one swelling to life, bringing a brighter shade of gold to the courtyard.
[19:06] <@Delgado> ::looks around anew, not quite used to the 'mood lighting' yet::
[19:06] <@Detro> ::smiles and nods::
[19:07] <@Caelin> ::chuckles a bit:: take good care of our guests Uthred
[19:07] <@Roland> ::still dusting his hands, and given no one else has responded, speaks up:: So long as they don't bite, lead on.
01[19:07] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> Oh, won't let a thing happen to'em, good armiger. ::grins at Caelin:: Well, come on then, haven't got all day, do we?
[19:09] <@Roland> ::indicates Alstan should lead on with an extended arm::
[19:09] <@Marshall> ::follows Urthred:: Lead on.
[19:09] <@Delgado> ::grins as she nudges Juno:: Have fun.
01[19:09] <@Savant> At the same time, a young girl - couldn't be more than twelve cycles old - appears at the door of the council chambers.
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::doesn't say anything to Delgado, she doens't have to. Her eyes almost blaze with manic energy as she scrambles off with the others::
01[19:11] <@Savant> Uthred leads half of the Talons away, back down a tree-lined arcade that heads towards the upward slope of the edge of the city
[19:11] <@Detro> ::tags along with the autofac tour group::
[19:11] <@Delgado> ::catches movement out of the corner of her eye and turns to face the girl, nodding slightly:: Halen.
05[19:11] <@Gabriel> C> ::glances after Juno and the others::
[19:11] <@Roland> A> ::to Juno:: Try not to have an aneurism -- doc won't be around to drill into your brain to release the pressure
01[19:12] <@Savant> 5Girl> C> ::nods to Delgado and speaks in a quiet but confident voice:: Halen. En thing mit senet.
[19:13] <@Marshall> A> Yeah. Could be a long day. Might want to calm down or you'll collapse before we get there. ::smirks::
[19:13] <@Detro> A> I'm sure that won't be a problem. Let an auto handle the drilling. ::smiles::
01[19:13] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> A> ::laughs and wiggles her fingers:: Oh no no no, I'll be fiiine. Don't worry about me
05[19:14] <@Delgado> C> Andetan. ::turns to Gabriel:: The council will see us now. ::looks back to the girl and gestures for her to lead the way::
[19:14] <@Roland> A> ::looks at Juno doubtfully before turning his attention in their direction of travel:
05[19:14] <@Gabriel> C> ::nods thanks and follows the girl after she starts moving::
01[19:15] <@Savant> 5Girl> C> ::holds open the door for the remainder of the Talons::
01[19:15] <@Savant> A> The Talons are led away from the Chambers and towards the edge of the city, that high rim that makes an impossibly near horizon to the black sky of the dome. It leads to a arching portal, perfectly hemispherical and pitch black within.
05[19:15] <@Birkin> C> ::since Delgado beats him to the punc he stays silent, moving into the council chamber when the door is offered::
05[19:15] <@Delgado> C> ::walks in after Gabriel, letting him lead the group::
[19:15] <@Caelin> ::stands and bows to the girl::[AS] thank you
01[19:15] <@Savant> C> The Talons are led inside of the Chambers, through a short and nearly unadorned entry hall and through an open archway, back out into the light. A garden waits, with twelve backless stone seats, most occupied. The Council of Troy meets as the rulers of Rome must have, in quiet little villas to plot the fate of empires.
[19:15] <@Marshall> A> [AS] How are you today, Warden Alstan?
01[19:16] <@Savant> 5Girl> C> ::the blanks faced little girl smiles for Caelin and replies as she closes the door behind the group:: [AS] Welcome home again to you both.
[19:17] <@Detro> A> ::eyes the dark portal, thinking that looks rather ominous::
01[19:17] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> Oh, well, well! A busy night, the council talked for long hours about your little offer. You've stirred up the nest, you know! Such a generous offer, it's given them a lot to think about.
05[19:18] <@Gabriel> C> ::approaches the chairs, finds the most worn part of the stone floor and stops there, bowing briefly::
01[19:18] <@Savant> C> As the Talons enter, the councillors rise from their semicircle of chairs and let their conversation fall quiet.
[19:18] <@Marshall> A> [AS] ::struggles a bit:: I am the hoping you will accept it. It means a great deal for our peoples.
01[19:19] <@Savant> 5Girl> C> ::lingers at the side of the council chamber as an attendant might::
05[19:19] <@Caelin> C>::follows into the chamber behind the talons and moves to a seat::
05[19:19] <@Delgado> C> ::follows suit, stepping up just behind and to the side of Gabriel and gives a polite bow to the gathered group::
05[19:19] <@Birkin> C> ::follows suit bowing to the council as they stand out of respect::
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> No doubt! You will have to tell me more about them. They must carry a great arsenal, as big as they are! Oh, here, mind the steps. The bricks are coming out here.
01[19:20] <@Savant> A> The portal in the wall of the city, pitch black and ominous, has both a ramp and stairs leading to it. The closer edge rises rather steeply.
[19:20] <@Roland> ::unconciously casts his eyes down at his feet for a moment as they continue forward::
[19:20] <@Marshall> A> ::decides to continue in anglic:: They've proven to be quite adaptable on Terra Nova.
[19:21] <@Detro> A> ::not having learned any of the language, contents himself with having observed the city along the way as well::
01[19:21] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> C> ::lingers beside Caelin still, standing beside him.::
01[19:23] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> I'm sure! Do they climb well? We've been working on climbing appendages. ::opens a gate on a rail at the lip of the tunnel:: Aboard, everyone.
[19:24] <@Roland> A> ::without much fanfare as they board the tram:: Depends on the pilot.
01[19:24] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> ::still standing:: Thank you for coming, Terranovans. For coming to this meeting, and coming to this planet.
[19:24] <@Marshall> A> They can, yes.
05[19:24] <@Gabriel> C> My greetings again, Councillors, and those of Terra Nova. It is good to see you again.
01[19:25] <@Savant> A> You board a train, a small gear-driven platform that rides upon a rail through the dark passage. The walls are smooth and remind you of the elevator which you took down to the city itself - complete with bleak electronic eyes studding the surface of the rock. The travel is quick, but not blindingly so. There is a light in the distance which draws closer as it moves along.
[19:25] <@Detro> A> ::steps onto the platform:: Climbing appendages you say? Hmm.
01[19:26] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> ::sits again, as do the other councillors:: And you, Captain. And yours. Where shall we begin? The state of the war, perhaps?
05[19:27] <@Gabriel> C> Yes. I am eager to hear how things stand here on Utopia.
05[19:27] <@Caelin> C>::sits as the others do::
01[19:27] <@Savant> C> Two youngsters come forwward, that one girl and a boy who must be her sibling, with chairs; they set them out for the Terranovans. Not quite as opulent as the Councillors, but they aren't made of stone either.
01[19:28] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> Yes, electrosetae. We're working on a wall-climbing appendage for the Hammer. The grapnel is working, but it's not fast enough, or quiet enough. ::the train trundles on through the dim.::
05[19:28] <@Delgado> C> ::waits until the council sits and then follows suit in one of the offered chairs::
05[19:28] <@Gabriel> C> ::does the same::
05[19:29] <@Birkin> C> ::sits when the chairs are settled down::
[19:30] <@Marshall> A> I'll help where I can. I'm sure Juno here is in for the ride also ::smiles::
01[19:30] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> Caelin and Scildfreja tell me that they have been spare on details. We apologize for that necessity, but I'm sure you understand. We have been at war with the Terrans for a good many years now and we have been worried. IT is time for the colonies to co-ordinate directly with one another.
05[19:31] <@Gabriel> C> I could not agree more, and my leaders feel the same.
01[19:31] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> ::Hereald goes through a brief and dirty recount of Utopian history fromt he time of the Isolationist era. That information may be found in your Wiki.::
05[19:31] <@Caelin> C>::nods slowly in agreement::
05[19:32] <@Gabriel> C> ::makes a note to look in the wiki:: Wink
05[19:32] <@Delgado> C> ::ditto::
01[19:32] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> A> ::is leaning over the rail to see the gears of the tram click along the track:: Ooh, yes.
01[19:32] <@Savant> A> The piste train comes to a halt as the dim light form the end of the tunnel looms. As the train comes to a halt upon a little platform you are met with a grand vaulted hall. Not a dome as the City chamber was, this one is dim, warm, and alive with the buzz and whirr of machinery at work. It is also alive in others ways - green and living. The Trojans farm oxygen here.
[19:33] <@Roland> A> ::also subconciously extends his arm to grasp the back of Juno's uniform should she lean over a little too far::
01[19:34] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> Now we find ourselves alone against the Terran and Steelgate armies, and they are bringing planets to bear upon us. You come at a good time, however. We have been hiding and preparing for three years now, and the time is quickly coming for us to retake our lands.
05[19:34] <@Birkin> C> ::lets all of the information sink in::
01[19:35] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Is entirely unaware of Roland's precaution - she looks up and her eyes light up:: Ooh, look at *that*. Are they all Autos? No fixed machines?
05[19:36] <@Gabriel> C> ::keeps his features serene, as he'd never dream of contradicting this man, but simply nods for him to continue::
01[19:36] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> Ho ho, fairly so, my tanned friend! It's easiest this way, really.
[19:36] <@Detro> A> ::looks around:: Well... this sure as heck ain't Timmins...
[19:36] <@Marshall> A> Wow. That's amazing.
01[19:37] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> ::looks at Leuthere:: Perhaps you would like to explain, General.
01[19:37] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::stands up from his chair, as armoured as an Armiger ought to be but draped with robes. He geatures with a hand and steps forward into the clear area between the two parties::
[19:38] <@Roland> A> ::looking around, he can't help but think of what would happen if the multitude of autos...decided they didn't want to be servants anymore::
01[19:39] <@Savant> C> a small, spidery Auto clambers out from the trees behind the Councillors and approaches the GEneral, and then projects a map in trideo into the air, big enough for everyone to see clearly. It is a map of the continent of Sumer.
01[19:40] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::grins and holds open the railing for everyone:: A beauty, isn't it? Planned it five years. A shame that it had to happen this way, but it's a beaty autofac all the same. You have'm like this at home?
05[19:40] <@Delgado> C> ::arches an eyebrow at the auto, but really shouldn't be surprised anymore. ... But she is. Because they're on the edge of creepy::
[19:41] <@Marshall> A> Not like this. ::smiles::
05[19:41] <@Caelin> C>::looks up at the map::
01[19:41] <@Savant> A> The blocky spider-Autofacturers that you met with the lost Second ARmy were no doubt the little brothers of these guys. Bigger, but looking very similar and even more competent. They wield manual welders, drills and cutters with extreme precision.
01[19:41] <@Savant> A> Between broad rows of plants suited to the shade of this large and dim vaulted chamber work the Autofacturers. There are three types of them, broadly, each one studded with arms and tools and sensors, each one accomplishing a task before handing off its precious work to the next in line, like a mechanized relay. Parts click and weld together as the next generation of war machines are born.
[19:41] <@Gabriel> ::waits for the General to continue::
05[19:41] <@Birkin> C> ::looks over to the new map as the auto approaches::
[19:41] <@Detro> A> ::his eyes are darting everywhere, interested... in essence, a fully mobile factory?::
[19:42] <@Roland> A> ::watches the multitude of manufacturing autos at work, frowning slightly -- when was the last time any of these people did something by themselves?::
01[19:42] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> The blue area here is consolidated under our control. They have stopped sending patrols into these regions - our Noughts tell us that they are consolidating for a general push. ::gestures at a fairly impressive blue swath of land around New Troy.
05[19:44] <@Caelin> C>::frowns at the idea of a possible full scale attack::
01[19:45] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> We expect them to gather here, at Genethon. ::gestures at the plain surrounded by mountains:: They are unaware of our base here, in the southern mountain ranges. We intend to let them gather and then wipe them out in a combined attack. This will open the door back to Troy, as well as Giza and Rhodes.
[19:45] <@Roland> A> ::wanders over to one of the nearest plants and runs a hand from soil to stem to leaf::
01[19:47] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::Idly to Roland:: Petronis Appalencia, I think it's called. ::then to the group at large:: We're finishing a run of Autoguard right now, Black-scythes.
[19:47] <@Marshall> A> ::nods:: What sort of production capacity do you have?
05[19:48] <@Birkin> C> ::looks in thought at the plan being unfolded, wondering if the CEF will be playing any role in this fight, or if they will be staying back to guard these cities::
05[19:48] <@Gabriel> C> They intend to attack you on a single front? ::frowns:: That doesn't sound like their style.
01[19:49] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::grins widely:: We can produce a - you know the Hammer, yes? We can produce a Hammer, a full Blackhammer, every thirty minutes! Provided our explorers are keeping up their end of the bargain.
[19:49] <@Detro> A> Explorers? By that you mean miners?
[19:49] <@Roland> A> ::grunts to himself, poking the soil and smelling some of it that be brings to his nose before returning it to the planter and dusting his hands off again::
[19:50] <@Marshall> A> Blaecsleca. ::recalls:: Very nice.
01[19:50] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> ::nods at Gabriel:: Very true, Captain. They will be gathering a smaller force in Abasand, but we control Bittern Pass. They won't make it through, even if we have to glass the basin again. Other than those approaches there aren't any good routes into the area.
01[19:52] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::nods to Detro as the group walks along the rows of Autos:: Yes. Our autominers are working some very rich finds right now. As you can probably tell :grins::
05[19:52] <@Gabriel> C> You'll have to be careful. Earther Generals don't care for their troops and in this case will try to draw you into a battle of attrition. Your stealth is your biggest advantage. Once you throw it away on an attack, they can outflank you from the sky. How are your anti-air defenses?
[19:52] <@Roland> A> ::as they walk down the line:: How many autos can you build out of a normal sized deposit that the autominers find?
[19:53] <@Marshall> A> Your alloys I've noticed are very complex. No doubt the differant minerology. What is the typical auto made out of?
01[19:54] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> ::nods:: We've built an extra battery of Scytera for that reason. Their missiles and their fighters won't make it close enough to be of use. But I undersatnd your worry, and we're worried as well. We're planning several diversionary raids on Rhodes to make us seem more desperate.
05[19:55] <@Birkin> C> ::speaks up:: What about in space. Have you noticed any difference in CEF or Steelgate activity in the sky?
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::grins and stomps his foot on the bare stone floor:: We're stood on half a million Autos right now, and that's not even looking under the bay. Though, not all of that is accessible or practical. We've a lot of wealth here. Before it was a City, this was a mining and research station.
01[19:56] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> Made of? Iron, carbon, molybdenum - more than you'd think of molybdenum. Almost everything, really. All across the chart.
01[19:56] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::Glances at the other councillors::
01[19:56] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> ::nods::
05[19:56] <@Caelin> C>::nods to kogmund:: the talons used a similar diversion tactic on caprice during an attack on the terran's prison facility there
01[19:57] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> We've been watching them very closely. They've got a strong presence geosynchronous with us. We've been building several anti-orbital Autos, and we're going to use them to open up this campaign.
[19:58] <@Marshall> A> ::glances over at Juno:: Pretty quiet for someone who was chomping at the bit to get here. ::smirks::
05[19:59] <@Delgado> C> What about their footsoldiers in general? Have you seen any new kind or.... even changes to the ones they have?
05[19:59] <@Gabriel> C> ::nods to himself, listening to the others::
01[20:00] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> A> ::is torn away from staring agape at one of the pieces of Auto being handed between the machines:: ... gahuh? What was that?
[20:00] <@Roland> A> ::mutters:: Do not taunt the bear
[20:00] <@Marshall> A> Oh nothing.
01[20:01] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> We have. They've developed a new sort of soldier, beyond the GREL. A more human looking, more adaptable enemy. They've been giving the Fenians and our Noughts a lot of trouble. They've also gotten new equipment, their Battle Frames being one.
01[20:01] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Grabs Marshall's arm and shakes it excitedly:: Did you see what that one was doing? It's painting on circuitry - painting! At least I think that's paint, is that paint?
[20:01] <@Detro> A> So is this all preset programming, or are they capable of adapting to changes to designs on the fly? Do you have to retool the "line" to upgrade designs?
05[20:02] <@Delgado> C> ::exchanges a look with Gabriel at the description of the SLEDGES::
[20:02] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: The Earthers call those SLEDGEs.
[20:02] <@Marshall> A> ::stares::
05[20:02] <@Birkin> C> SLEDGEs. We have had experiance with them.
05[20:02] <@Gabriel> C> Don't underestimate them. They are not as physically formidable as the GRELs, but they are much more creative and cunning in battle.
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> Ho ho, it's a lot like paint, yes. ::grins and replies to Detro:: They're mostly preset, but they can handle problems.
05[20:03] <@Gabriel> C> They make particularly good guerilla soldiers.
05[20:03] <@Delgado> C> And they are even 'updating' their existing GRELs.
01[20:03] <@Savant> A> To demonstrate, Uthred steps intot he scrum of machines and yanks out a bulbous eyepiece. The spidery vehicles stop what they're doing and look mournfully at the missing equipment, and one of them asks in a primitive electronically synthesized voice. "Please-Sir-We-Need-That"
05[20:04] <@Caelin> C>::nods to gabriel, having seen the damage a single sledge was able to do on terranova during his time there::
01[20:04] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> ::nods at the Talons:: They've been very effective. We almost lost a Noght in Rhodes a few months ago from them. ::then pauses and looks at Delgado:: Updating?
[20:05] <@Gabriel> ::frowns slightly, not wanting to be reminded of the doctor's connection to this little project::
[20:05] <@Roland> A> ::arches an eyebrow::
[20:05] <@Marshall> A> ::almost feels sorry for the little autofacturer::
01[20:05] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::laughs in amusement and tosses the piece up in the air - the Autofacturer catches it with precision and immediately sets back to work. He steps back with the Terranovans:: Not very clever, but they do the job.
[20:06] <@Detro> A> ::nods at the demonstration in approval::
01[20:06] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> A> ::Eyes the size of dinner plates, glassy with empathy for the poor little robot. She whispers:: Prophet, they're adorable.
05[20:07] <@Delgado> C> ::nods:: Our last encounter with GRELs showed us improved overall performance. It was then discovered that the GRELs are being given a retrovirus that 'upgrades' their skills and abilities.
01[20:08] <@Savant> 2Turec Ferthnor> C> ::clears his throat:: Any advice you can give our doctors on this matter would be appreciated.
[20:08] <@Roland> A> ::watches the auto go back to work:: Can they become clever?
05[20:08] <@Delgado> C> Of course.
[20:08] <@Marshall> A> That would imply they learn. Do they learn?
01[20:09] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> As in, learn? ::he laughs:: Somewhat. They can learn in whatever field they've been programmed to learn. These little fellows are programmed to learn in the field of autofactury efficiency. ::pats the massive leg of one of the "little fellows::
01[20:10] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods at continues:: Our greatest worries at this stage are the air support bases out of Rhodes and their bases in the Midathon and the Midan Mountains. Beyond that, that they might be holding a larger reserve than we had anticipated.
[20:10] <@Detro> A> ::hrms:: Sure, but can they become too smart?
[20:11] <@Marshall> A> The armigers we've been with treat them very well. Almost as though they were....sentient. ::lowered voice:: Are they sentient?
05[20:12] <@Gabriel> C> ::nods:: And if they aren't, you should count on them delivering one quickly. The CEF is not a physically powerful army. Their power comes from their mobility.
01[20:12] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::laughs again and pats Marshall on the shoulde -a heavy gesture:: There are folk tales, of course. I'll tell you some sometime. They're good. Now, come on. Come see the Vats.
05[20:12] <@Gabriel> C> Their Tarantula landers are a menace.
[20:13] <@Marshall> A> ::breathes a sign of relief::
05[20:13] <@Caelin> C>::nods again:Surprisedn caprice i've seen the ability of the terrans to move into a combat zone swiftly, either with their TAAFs or orbital response
01[20:13] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> ::He almost seems to grimace, but it must be a trick of the light, as his face looks like it must be made of rock:: We know. That's why we're worried. But the airea is very mountainous, and they can't beat us in the mountains. We want to send several teams ahead to stir up the drillgits and force them to divert troops away from the region before the attack.
[20:14] <@Roland> A> ::isn't as relieved as Marshall, and follows Alstan towards the 'vats'::
[20:14] <@Detro> A> ::tags along, wondering what the Utopian engineers woudl think of their NNets::
05[20:14] <@Gabriel> C> ::nods:: Sound. What's your overall strategic objective?
01[20:15] <@Savant> A> Uthred leads the group towards a large portal in the far wall - this has been a very long chamber all in all, and it's only now that the low arches are really visible beyond the greenery. They are black inside as well, showing that it is even darker within.
01[20:16] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> Our immediate objective is the liberation of Rhodes. With their manufacturing capacity we will be able to contend seriously for Koglund. We will also have access to their spaceport.
01[20:17] <@Savant> A> Beyond the green rows of the Assembly Vault lies a further chamber, this one hot and smelling of ozone and chemical. It is darker yet, and while there is not enough light for plants to grow you can smell the pungent smell of loamy earth and can see the pale while balls of mushrooms growing in terraced ranks upon the walls.
05[20:17] <@Birkin> C> ::looks over at the Captain for a moment then back at the council:: Have you caught wind of any chemical or biological weapons programs that the Earthers might have been starting up?
01[20:18] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::pauses at the entrance:: Ah, this is where they're born. Where they change from raw rock to tool.
05[20:18] <@Gabriel> C> ::nods:: Defending against the CEF is very difficult. They are strongest on the attack, weakest on the defense. Their greatest weakness is the morale effect of inaction. They will not suffer morale in combat, but left with nothing to attack, their troops will decay very quickly.
[20:18] <@Roland> ::wrinkles his nose a little:: What is this place?
05[20:18] <@Gabriel> C> So, you will have to be very careful, since you are giving those troops exactly what they want: action, and a place on a map to attack.
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::grins widely:: This, my friend, is the Materials Vault.
[20:19] <@Detro> A> ::blinks a few times:: Materials for... making what?
[20:20] <@Marshall> A> The autos, I presume.
01[20:20] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> C> ::He nods once:: We cannot win this war without fighting them. This location and this time will be our best chance of grinding them back to the earth.
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Turec Ferthnor> C> ::glances back at a nameless man, shares a few low words, and then replies to Birkin:: Yes. There is apparently some sort of program being designed to kill uncooperative Deep Cities. We're investigating it.
01[20:21] <@Savant> A> This, the Materials Vault, is hot and dark. The red light of a thousand sensors play upon the walls and glistening hulls of tanks, both great and small, upon the walls in massive brackets. These tanks are fed by hundreds of pipes and cables as if they were giant cocoons enmeshed in metal web. Pungent steam, at times, issues forth.
05[20:22] <@Caelin> C>::to gabriel:: rhodes and troy were the best defended cities in koglund, the only reason the terrans got rhodes was because of the surrender, if we're able to liberate it once more, it can be defended
05[20:22] <@Delgado> C> ::raises her eyebrows at Turec's comment::
05[20:22] <@Gabriel> C> ::nods agreement:: My Lieutenant and I have started thinking about hitting one of the air bases in the region. It seems to us to be a potential weak point.
01[20:23] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> We can provide you with information on which would be most vital and which would be least defended, if you are planning on taking action.
[20:23] <@Detro> A> Wow. I'd hate to be the guy who has to service all *this* stuff....
05[20:23] <@Birkin> C> ::nods:: On Talon Fives first mission to Caprice we discovered the CEF's plot to do the same to the Catseye Trench on Caprice. We were able to neutralize the toxin. But it was designed to prey upon the differences between Terran and Caprican genetics.
[20:23] <@Marshall> A> It probably services itself.
01[20:23] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::Snorts:: It's not that bad.
[20:24] <@Roland> A> So how many sorts of materials are stored here?
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2Turec Ferthnor> C> I would not be surprised if the same project were being developed here. Deep Cities can have great problems with plagues.
01[20:25] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> The minerals are processed deeper inside and stored in tanks behind these walls. When they're needed they're thermally vapourized. Any element we can get our hands upon.
01[20:25] <@Savant> A> One of the cocoons issues forth a brief blast of steam as your darkness-adjusting eyes spot a pair of Autofactury spiders clambering along it. The vat splits down the middle and yawns open with straining servos. One of the spiders pulls out a perfectly formed armour plate as thick as an Aller's and delicately curved into an elongated bowl.
05[20:26] <@Delgado> C> What are your biowarfare defenses? Do you even have any? ::starts to ask another question then puts her hand to her mouth:: I'm sorry. This might be better directed at your doctors.
[20:26] <@Roland> A> ::arches an eyebrow:: You store everything at an elemental level? How do you recombine it into the materials you need?
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> The city is well defended, and our Armigers are well sealed. I'm no expert, Dcotor, but so long as they don't get *inside* the city, we won't be harmed.
01[20:28] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::replies matter-of-factly, walking over to a glowing viewscreen and tapping on it - checking on the current production run:: electroadherence. For the most part at least.
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> ::Waves a hand:: Thank you, Leuthere. The fine details can be saved for later, this Council has other matters as well. Let us move to your offer, Captain.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> ::nods, smiling slightly::
05[20:31] <@Birkin> C> ::holds his questions for later, including how they were going to keep the Talon presence a secret, and if they would have to borrow a nuke from these people::
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> It's a very interesting offer. However, we don't have any idea of its' value. We've never seen it in action, and we don't know how well it would fit in with our own way of war.
[20:32] <@Marshall> So, this machine lines up the elements exactly where you want them and then the ionic bonds form on their own, or do you stimulate that?
[20:32] <@Marshall> <<A> >>
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::grins:: Close enough for the girls I go with. They have to be held in place until the binding is complete, and we have to hold them at very precice temperatures to keep them from blasting apart until they've set.
05[20:33] <@Gabriel> C> Yes, I also had in mind the idea of a demonstration.
[20:34] <@Marshall> A> Hmm. ::nods::
01[20:34] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> A> ::Has approached one of the open tanks and is staring agape inside of its black hull:: What's that inside it?
[20:35] <@Roland> A> No fucking wonder Earth needs Caprice so bad. With this tech and that mineral reserve, they can build whatever the hell they want...
01[20:35] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> The adherence mold. Electrical waveform emitter, if you want to be exact. Oh, and look, I think there's going to be a new batch of mushrooms soon.
[20:36] <@Detro> A> ::looks in the direction indicated::
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> Excellent. We'd like to hold judgement on that until we see a demonstration. Battle FRames, as we've seen, have their uses, but are far too fragile to be on the field of war.
05[20:37] <@Gabriel> C> You'll find Gears to be both more heavily armed and much sturdier. They also do not require any particularly hard physical training to use well.
[20:37] <@Marshall> A> What significance do the mushrooms have?
05[20:37] <@Gabriel> C> I am the exception among Gear pilots, not the rule.
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> So Caprice has a lot of minerals, do they? That makes sense. ::glances at Marshall and laughs:: Why, because they're delicious, my boy!
05[20:38] <@Delgado> C> ::doesn't think she's heard gears referred to as 'fragile' before::
[20:38] <@Roland> A> ::mutters:: The whole planet is basically a damned mine.
01[20:39] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> ::nods:: How would you like to conduct your demonstration? No doubt you wish to keep your presence on the planet a secret as long as possible.
01[20:40] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> Lucky for them, all that wealth! Tell me, what is Gomorrah like? I've heard it's a wonderful city. From Greens and Gaters, obviously, so I don't trust their word more than a Wastrel's handshake, mind you.
05[20:41] <@Gabriel> C> ::nods:: Yes. Initially, a demonstration in a simulated environment would be ideal. Later, there will be time -- and hopefully an opportunity -- for a live combat demonstration.
[20:41] <@Marshall> A> ::never having been, he doesn't say anything::
01[20:42] <@Savant> A> In another vat, an open one, three Autos climb around as the gates begin to swing closed. Humming sounds issue forth from the earth around it as already puffs of warm xenon and argon billow lightly from within
01[20:43] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> You will have to give our sophists some of the specifications of your vehicles - your Gears - so that they can set up the demonstration appropriately.
[20:43] <@Detro> A> The Trench City? Well. I suppose you could say it's like here, but with no roof above your head, so to speak. Unless you're in its lower levels. Unfortunately, the saying "shit flows downhill" also tends to apply as well.
05[20:43] <@Gabriel> C> ::nods toward Birkin:: See to it, please, Lieutenant.
[20:43] <@Roland> A> ::sniffs and rubs a hand under his nose:: It's a megacity where the rich live up top and run their megacorporations in blind pursuit of money while everyone else lives beneath them in progressively poorer levels.
05[20:44] <@Birkin> C> ::nods:: Yes sir, right away.
[20:44] <@Marshall> A> Have you ever been to Gomorrah Juno?
01[20:45] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> ::nods:: I think that it is fitting we hold off talks of treaty between our nations until after the demonstration. Can we agree on sharing all information regarding the Terran war effort, however?
01[20:46] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::grunts:: Sounds like something the Gaters would like. Our wealth here is shared. But you can see that, can't you? ha!
05[20:47] <@Delgado> C> ::looks to Gabriel for the lead, seeing as she has potentially dangerous genetic information::
05[20:47] <@Gabriel> C> Indeed we can. I have extensive records of the conflicts on Terra Nova, as well as our and the activities of other Talons on Caprice. Many of these records are trideos of our Gears in action against CEF forces. You may consider that the first part of the demonstration.
01[20:47] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> A> Gomorrah? Oh yeah, twice now. Very pretty, in a Marathon sort of way. At least in the nicer areas. Some are sort of Rapid City too. But yeah, a lot of not-nice places.
01[20:48] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> We will provide you all the information we have on the Steelgate-Terran War up to this point.
05[20:49] <@Gabriel> C> Excellent. Details about the political structure in Steelgate would also be useful. Key personnel, what we know of their movements and activities, and so forth.
05[20:49] <@Gabriel> C> ::smiles tightly:: Our first encounter with Steelgate was at the end of my Senior Sergent's sniper rifle.
01[20:51] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> Certainly ::grins:: You must have met one of their diplomatic parties. They were always horrible at diplomacy.
05[20:51] <@Birkin> C> He certainly seemed very bored at everything going on ::smiles::
05[20:51] <@Delgado> C> ::smirks::
05[20:52] <@Gabriel> C> ::casually:: Yes, and I'm afraid we introduced a further delay.
01[20:52] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> oh? Did a few bullet holes interrupt their meeting? ::smirks:: Pity. And predictable.
05[20:54] <@Gabriel> C> Do you have any idea what Steelgate might have gone to Caprice to request? Materials for their shipyard, certainly. But they could have asked for that here.
05[20:54] <@Gabriel> C> Why travel to Caprice?
01[20:54] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> ::purses his lips, then glances over his shoulder at an unnamed man at the edge of the garden::
01[20:56] <@Savant> 2Nought> C> ::steps forward and speaks in a soft tone:: A few reasons. Primarily because Caprice has always been our adversary. Even before the Interregnum, we've been competitors. Steelgate wants a larger share of the Terran market, and they want ot make headway into the Caprician economy..
01[20:57] <@Savant> 2Nought> Also, and more specifically for the war effort, the Caprician economy can double the volume of minerals coming to the Steelgate war machine.
02[20:58] * @Delgado (~sindari@c-24-10-99-8.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: [22:00] <Savant> i'm like a magnet for fucktards. I emit an electroretardation field. Attracts stupid.)
[20:59] <@Detro> A> ::nods:: It has its charms. I think every place we've been has something special about it. ::grins:: Roland here especially loves the places that have GREL. Otherwise known as killing fields.
01[21:00] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::snorts:: Well, you'll find a lot to kill up there. Be our guests, take what you like. ::pauses, puts his hands on his hips and faces the TErranovans:; Anything else you'd like to see?
05[21:01] <@Gabriel> C> ::nods:: Both reasonable considerations. Is that all? ::senses Nought is holding something back::
[21:02] <@Marshall> A> Mind if we input a quick design? We are in need of a spare axle for our Sand Spider.
[21:02] <@Roland> A> ::flicks his eyes at Marshall::
05[21:02] <@Birkin> C> Getting in bed with the Corps? That's tossing a landmine around.
01[21:03] <@Savant> 2Nought> C> They're negotiating for Caprician technology, specifically with environmental systems, though they've been looking far and wide for anything of use. Something called a MOAB, but we aren't sure what that is.
[21:03] <@Marshall> A> What? I want to see if this factory is compatable with our equipment?
05[21:03] <@Gabriel> C> ::blinks::
01[21:03] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> You'd like a build? Well, come by the shop this afternoon and we'll spec out the molds for you. The chain's running at full capacity, but we may be able to fit something in.
05[21:03] <@Gabriel> C> A MOAB is a mountain-rough terrain specialized... well, we would refer to it as a strider. It's a vehicle between the size of a Gear and a tank.
05[21:03] <@Birkin> C> ::grunts, looking over at the Captain::
[21:04] <@Marshall> A> ::nods:: Many thanks.
01[21:04] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> ::interjects:: a heavy auto, then.
05[21:04] <@Gabriel> C> Mated to an artificial intelligence, MOABs on Utopia could be problematic.
05[21:04] <@Gabriel> C> Yes. But manned on Caprice.
01[21:04] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> Do you have information on this machine, this MOAB?
05[21:04] <@Birkin> C> One designed to go into rocky and rough terrain.
05[21:04] <@Gabriel> C> Yes. We have detailed files on them.
05[21:05] <@Caelin> C>::frowns at the captain's description:: those would make it much easier for the terrans to fight in this region...
01[21:05] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> ::nods:: Good! It's settled then. Now I believe that I have a cask of booze I had promised you. Have you done drooling all over my autofacturers, or is there something else you'd like to see?
01[21:06] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> We would like this information from you. This could be vital, as you say.
05[21:07] <@Gabriel> C> You'll have it.
01[21:07] <@Savant> 2Nought> C> ::Steps back to the edge of the garden::
05[21:07] <@Birkin> C> I will include it in the information packet. ::nods::
01[21:08] <@Savant> 2Councillor Hereald Trosige> C> Very good. We will have a sophist visit later today for the specifications of your vehicles, if you could have some idea of how you would like the demonstration to be set up, we would appreciate it.
[21:08] <@Marshall> A> I think we've got a whole case of whiskey for you in the apartment. If we don't, we certainly should. You've been very kind.
05[21:09] <@Gabriel> C> ::mildly:: You have a live fire training package for your armigers, I assume?
01[21:09] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A> Oho, and it looks like you've made it worth my while! Let's be off then. ::draws the Terranovans back to the etrance of the Materials Vault::
01[21:09] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> A> It can be arranged.
[21:10] <@Roland> ::takes one last glance at the vault and then turns, following Alstan back into the autofactory::
[21:10] <@Detro> A> ::follows along -- not to drink, but to watch the amusing things that will happen when everyone gets drunk::
05[21:10] <@Gabriel> C> The most difficult test should be fine, General. ::smiles:: Don't you think, Lieutenant?
05[21:11] <@Birkin> C> ::nods:: Yes sir. I think that will be just perfect.
01[21:11] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> A> ::Is totally not listening. She's agog at a steaming warm armour plate that smells a mixture of industrial cleaner and freshly baked bread::
05[21:12] <@Caelin> C>::blinks, giving an "are you sure?" look to the captain and lieutenant::
01[21:12] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> C> ::nods passively:: Very well. We will prepare the field.
[21:13] <@Marshall> A> Come, dear Juno, it's time to go home.
05[21:14] <@Gabriel> C> Thank you, General. I look forward to it.
01[21:14] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> A> Huh?
01[21:14] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
03[21:14] * Savant sets mode: -m
03[21:14] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in session next Thursday'
01[21:14] <@Savant> there we are! well done all. Hopefully that cleared up some questions, opened some doors, and get you an idea of where you're going for the nxt bit.
[21:15] <@Gabriel> Yep. Smile
01[21:15] <@Savant> questions?
01[21:16] <@Savant> seems no questions
[21:16] <@Birkin> Do we have any idea who that...
[21:16] <@Birkin> Nought was
01[21:16] <@Savant> none at all. You don't even know what a Nought is.
[21:16] <@Birkin> besides the New Troy version of the Obsidan Order or the Tal'Shiar Wink
01[21:17] <@Savant> next week we will have a little tactical game. Put on your balaclavas and soft soled shoes, because it's sneak time.
01[21:18] <@Savant> experience points? let's do that.
[21:18] <@Gabriel> ::grins:: It'll depend on the field, and Gabriel's gonna cheat a bit by talking to Caelin about a typical live-fire training.
01[21:18] <@Savant> heh, cheat all you like Wink
[21:18] <@Gabriel> But I'm thinking we go the total opposite direction. Active sensors and SPEED.
01[21:18] <@Savant> interesting.
[21:18] <@Gabriel> Let the autos TRY to catch us... if they can. Wink
01[21:18] <@Savant> but it shows off your capacities, for sure.
01[21:18] <@Savant> one expee for teamwork. Any teamwork? I want at least two from each team.
[21:19] <@Gabriel> Anyway, yes, XPs. Smile
[21:19] <@Detro> Roland kept Juno from going overboard.
[21:19] <@Gabriel> Council team stuck to their specialties. Gabriel asked strategic questions, Birkin tactical, Delgado biowar, etc.
[21:19] <@Caelin> well for the council, it was an information gathering session
01[21:19] <@Savant> instead of teamwork, you may also opt to say something new and interesting you found out about a fellow player's character. Character development also applies here.
01[21:19] <@Savant> both teams were intel gathering really.
[21:20] <@Roland> Roland also got our guide to spout off some technobabble about their manufacture process that Marshall could understand. Wink
[21:20] <@Marshall> heh. That. Wink
[21:20] <@Marshall> We managed to get Urthred to allows us to use the autofactory later on.
[21:20] <@Gabriel> And I continue to be impressed by Birkin growing as an officer, and Delgado's taking steps in that direction too.
[21:21] <@Gabriel> I think the three of them will make a good team.
06[21:21] * @Savant nods, I agree
01[21:21] <@Savant> it'll be interesting to see how you do next week with the game, Jake.
[21:21] <@Birkin> eh?
01[21:21] <@Savant> the tactical game
[21:21] <@Birkin> What I have to lead now? Wink
[21:21] <@Birkin> oh
[21:21] <@Marshall> lol
[21:21] <@Birkin> sunday?
01[21:21] <@Savant> Incidentally, does anyone have any opposition to using Skype for the game next week again?
[21:22] <@Birkin> skype owns
[21:22] <@Birkin> we should use it again
[21:22] <@Marshall> Nope. Great system.
01[21:22] <@Savant> no, the next Talons game. c'mon man Wink
[21:22] <@Detro> Just gotta get it set up again.
[21:22] <@Birkin> I have a poker game at 8 pm next week
[21:22] <@Birkin> so I will need to be out by then D:
01[21:22] <@Savant> if you ever want to talk to me i've got it on most of the time.
[21:22] <@Gabriel> ::beats Prescot repeatedly::
01[21:22] <@Savant> ew. Dude. fuck the poker.
[21:22] <@Birkin> what the hell thats 2 hours of game
01[21:22] <@Savant> >Sad
06[21:22] * @Marshall hands Gabriel a sharp implement.
[21:23] <@Caelin> i'll have to reinstall skype, but that shouldn't be an issue
01[21:23] <@Savant> okay, that's fine. We'll do Skype next week, it seems to speed things up.
[21:23] <@Gabriel> That said, hrm. Can we delay the tactical game a week?
[21:23] <@Gabriel> I'm gonna be driving cross-country next week. Not sure I'll be back in CA by Thursday.
01[21:23] <@Savant> yes. What would you like to do next game, then?
[21:24] <@Detro> Apparently, half the Talon will be in a drinking game
[21:24] <@Marshall> Prelim joint training with the armigers?
[21:24] <@Detro> :Very Happy: I wanna see some dice rolls on the drinking game.
[21:24] <@Marshall> The tactical portions of that.
[21:24] <@Marshall> IMO
01[21:24] <@Savant> we'll figure it out. I'll encourage some aftersimming this week to help hash out plans.
[21:24] <@Gabriel> I'll kick it around, but I think we should do something purely social, with non-Council, non-leadership, non-scary Utopians.
06[21:24] * @Savant agrees.
[21:24] <@Birkin> yeah I was thinking that
[21:25] <@Birkin> real people
01[21:25] <@Savant> Caelin is supposed to get married, after all.
[21:25] <@Birkin> bring that autofac guy
[21:25] <@Birkin> he seems like a down to 'earth' kinda guy
01[21:25] <@Savant> Uthred is a good guy to have if you want a party.
[21:25] <@Marshall> heh. partay
[21:25] <@Birkin> he probably knows some of the good dives
[21:25] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Bring on whatever passes for a welcoming gathering on Utopia.
01[21:25] <@Savant> I am going to have an inn here called the Four Flags.
[21:25] <@Gabriel> LOL
01[21:26] <@Savant> and you are totally going to screw it up and call it the Four Seasons all the time.
[21:26] <@Marshall> oh god not again
[21:26] <@Gabriel> 'cept on Utopia it'd be called the Four Banners. Wink
[21:26] <@Marshall> heh
01[21:26] <@Savant> of course it would Wink
[21:26] <@Birkin> Wine, Women, Song
[21:26] <@Birkin> find something else to go with that
01[21:26] <@Savant> anyways. One for teamwork/character. Two is for storyline. Anything to tell there? I expect you to have a lot to say here.
[21:27] <@Marshall> The Utopians have mass replicators =P
[21:27] <@Detro> Yeah. They have Replicators. SG-1 replicators, in a ways Smile
01[21:27] <@Savant> http://talons.mcc3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Troy
01[21:27] <@Savant> there's a bit on their autofactury techniques here.
[21:27] <@Roland> Also, their autos will not form Skynet. Probably.
[21:27] <@Birkin> They were totally unphased at the idea of the chemical gass killing them in the night
[21:27] <@Marshall> I was reading that.. or trying to... during the sim.
01[21:28] <@Savant> you should be *playing* during the game >Sad
[21:28] <@Marshall> I was. Wink
[21:28] <@Birkin> And they even know that a Version of Sour Grapes probably exists on Utopia
[21:28] <@Birkin> which is boggling
[21:28] <@Gabriel> The Trojans are wanting to go on the offensive. And brb
[21:28] <@Marshall> I gave up reading about a paragraph down
[21:29] <@Detro> Very offensive, from the sounds of it.
[21:29] <@Detro> And they're extremely confident in their plan.
[21:29] <@Marshall> Retaking Rhodes would indeed be huge.
[21:29] <@Birkin> They don't seem to calculate earth a lot into their plan, aside from space assets
01[21:29] <@Savant> they want to switch from very defensive to very offensive, obliterate a big chunk of the enemy army, and then going back on the defensive after reconsolidating.
[21:29] <@Birkin> at least not enough
[21:30] <@Birkin> They want to glass that enemy army?
01[21:30] <@Savant> tehy'd rahter not, but they will.
[21:30] <@Caelin> there's the possibility we'll run into MOABs here
[21:30] <@Birkin> would the radiation be contained in that basin?
01[21:30] <@Savant> i foudn it very amusing when you guys were warning a *utopian* about the possibility of weapons of mass destruction being used on them Wink
[21:30] <@Detro> Also, that the Utopian manufacturing process would work well if their refinery storage could be made more mobile.
01[21:30] <@Savant> depends on the sort of weapon used, Birkin.
01[21:31] <@Savant> "Someone might blow you up from the *sky*!" "Yeah... and rain is wet. So?"
[21:31] <@Marshall> It would also work well if we cleared the spacelanes between here and Caprice of anyone who doesn't like us and send the Utopians gift baskets full of minerals.
01[21:32] <@Savant> easier said than done
[21:32] <@Marshall> Indeed
[21:32] <@Birkin> We haven't heard anything of this nature though being used here
[21:32] <@Birkin> its a totally different animal to glass a city, than it is to depopulate it
[21:32] <@Detro> Also, we're going to have SERIOUS problems getting the Utopians and Capricians to work together, at least from this end.
[21:32] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Good point, that.
01[21:32] <@Savant> which nature, the bio-weapon? yes, it was a good thing that you brought that up. I was referring to the idea of an orbital bombardment being used from space.
[21:32] <@Gabriel> And back, sorry about that. Phone.
01[21:33] <@Savant> s'fine.
[21:33] <@Birkin> oh
[21:33] <@Birkin> They know about SLEDGEs
01[21:33] <@Savant> the Utopians are used to biofiltration. they don't want nasty mutated viruses coming intot ehir nice clean cities.
01[21:33] <@Savant> anything else of interest to say?
[21:33] <@Birkin> but it sounds like its almost a new thing. We have known about them for several cycles
01[21:34] <@Savant> Intel on Utopia is difficult to accomplish. Noughts and Fenians have a hard time infiltrating Deep Cities.
[21:34] <@Birkin> We should have asked them if they know how to identify SLEDGEs
01[21:34] <@Savant> Greenway's the most vulnerable to infiltration. Koglund the least.
[21:34] <@Birkin> if they don't we should share that
01[21:34] <@Savant> heh, identifying a SLEDGE is hard work.
01[21:34] <@Savant> anyways. that it?
[21:35] <@Roland> :sniff sniff:
[21:35] <@Roland> There's one.
[21:35] <@Marshall> We need Gauis Baltar to find the ebil SLEDGES for us.
01[21:35] <@Savant> well, yes, Roland can smell'em. That's about it.
01[21:36] <@Savant> that's two points. I'll make it three if you can rank these from first, second, to third favourite choice for stoyline encounter: Krynn Rasuul, Edith Mubatu, Veda Winthrop.
01[21:36] <@Savant> Veda being the actual GRand Admiral of the CEF.
01[21:36] <@Savant> you met him once. He nearly blew you up.
[21:37] <@Marshall> The same order you put them in. One two three.
[21:37] &l
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:37] <@Marshall> The same order you put them in. One two three.
[21:37] <@Birkin> Was that in Space? The guy that Jester was rolling against for Leadership when we knocked out that space station?
[21:37] <@Detro> Yeah. Krynn Must Fall
01[21:37] <@Savant> yes, Birkin.
[21:37] <@Birkin> I'd almost say Edith before Krynn
[21:37] <@Roland> Krynn, Mubatu, Veda
[21:38] <@Detro> Nah. Order you gave works.
[21:38] <@Birkin> lets kill them all and let God sort it out:D
[21:38] <@Marshall> Amen.
[21:38] <@Detro> As far as Detro's concerned, if we kill them, they come back in their next life.
01[21:38] <@Savant> oh no, this is not a "who you want to kill" list. It's a "whose torture chamber do you want to find yourself in?" list.
[21:39] <@Marshall> Same list. Same order =)
01[21:39] <@Savant> hee
01[21:40] <@Savant> anyone else have something to say on that? Missing a GAbriel and a Caelin
[21:41] <@Gabriel> Oh, sorry. In the order you put them in, please.
01[21:41] <@Savant> okay, groovy. I figured as much but I wasn't sure on it Wink
[21:41] <@Marshall> Scotty's typing. Give him time =P
01[21:41] <@Savant> eheeee
[21:41] <@Roland> Can I go to bed now? Wink
01[21:41] <@Savant> well, that's three, but I expect to get my answer, Scotty.
01[21:41] <@Savant> yes. you may.
01[21:41] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Caelin> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
[18:30] <@Delgado> ::attn::
03[18:30] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
01[18:31] <@Savant> that's four players here. Are we feeling it tonight? We've got two definate absences and they're the CO and XO of the team. Does everyone know what they want to do today?
[18:31] <@Detro> Haven't a clue.
[18:31] <@Marshall> Other than getting ready for a very, very difficult test...no.
01[18:31] <@Savant> I'm free and happy to let you guys wander Troy, meet people, and otherwise get to know the Trojans in as much intimate detail as you decide on. But there's really no *story* for today.
01[18:32] <@Savant> That ball is in your court.
01[18:32] <@Savant> it's B-plot day, and you're in a new place, so there's a lot of room for new B-plots.
01[18:33] <@Savant> today is the day to get involved in a utopian love triangle or to inject yourself with a viral superweapon, or what-have-you.
01[18:33] <@Savant> wait, that one's been done.
[18:33] <@Delgado> ...
[18:33] <@Caelin> brb
01[18:33] <@Savant> Smile
[18:33] <@LrdVampyre> oh really?
01[18:33] <@Savant> ye really.
01[18:33] <@Savant> yes really.
[18:34] <@Marshall> Delgado's going to turn into a GREL an time now.
[18:34] <@LrdVampyre> hehe
01[18:34] <@Savant> she's turning purple as we speak. No, wait, maybe she's just a little flush.
[18:34] <@Delgado> NOT. PURPLE.
[18:34] <@Detro> At least she's not red hot with arousal.
[18:34] <@LrdVampyre> Purple People Eaters are people too
[18:34] <@Detro> Anger, yes.
[18:35] <@Marshall> They're just purple people. Eaters.
01[18:35] <@Savant> In any case, it's sounding like a whole lot of "uhhh" out there right now. Do you want to brainstorm for a few minutes?
01[18:35] <@Savant> I know Delgado wanted to visit a medical centre.
01[18:35] <@Savant> I'm happy with you guys splitting up as well.
[18:36] <@LrdVampyre> as far as i know, i'm still in a limbo so all i was expecting to do was observe tonight
01[18:36] <@Savant> I'm fine with you hopping in if you want to, Dave.
[18:36] <@Marshall> Marshall would like to get working on some of the technical facets we have. Urthed could probably use a hand pulling the VLRG apart.
[18:36] <@Detro> Well, it's hard to say. There's no non-war business here for Detro to be doing research on. We're not getting any intercepted enemy stuff, and decoding the entire game is pretty boring.
01[18:37] <@Savant> that can be done, Marshall. That's a good way to get Dave back in, too.
01[18:37] <@Savant> so do war buisness, Detro.
[18:37] <@Detro> Don't really have anything in mind for war business.
01[18:38] <@Savant> sounds like we could have a team working on tech stuff, including repairs on the Spider, in one group, and another group touring the city - likely the medical facility in specific.
[18:38] <@Detro> I mean, I already saw the production floor of the war business. Not much else to wonder about, heh.
03[18:39] * LrdVampyre is now known as Mel
[18:40] <@Marshall> You could tour with Delgado
[18:40] <@Detro> Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. He's supposed to be available as one of her assistants if need be.
[18:40] <@Caelin> back
01[18:40] <@Savant> you could try just hanging out and chatting with the others, off-duty and the like.
01[18:41] <@Savant> welcome back. What's Caelin up to?
[18:41] <@Detro> Yeah, but off-duty stuff's normal aftersim material.
01[18:41] <@Savant> Scildfreja has been sequestered away by a half dozen giggling handmaidens.
[18:42] <@Mel> hehe
[18:42] <@Detro> I'll hang out with Delgado. Keep her from strangling the doctors. Or swooning in awe over their medical tech and knowledge.
[18:42] <@Marshall> Or turning purple.
[18:42] <@Caelin> Caelin will probably be low-key, he's already done the whole stag party thing before:)
[18:43] <@Detro> No, we want her to turn purple in front of the medicos so they can examine her.
01[18:43] <@Savant> okay.
01[18:44] <@Savant> We'll have those at the hospital use H> and those working on technical stuff using T>
[18:44] <@Detro> I mean, technically Detro's roles apply to both teams.
01[18:44] <@Savant> it's your choice.
[18:44] <@Caelin> i'll hang out with marshal i guess:)
01[18:44] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[18:44] <@Savant> Afternoon of 18 December, 462 UC (29AUT46)
01[18:44] <@Savant> New Troy, Golan Mountains, Central Sumer
01[18:44] <@Savant> 23 degrees C, indoors. Low radiation levels.
01[18:44] <@Savant> A world in Miniature. Troy seems a tiny universe on its own - a black vaulted dome of a sky, glittering with enough subterranean wealth to please the Nibelungen and lit with bands of warm light. The world curved up to meet the sky in raising tiers of green and gold below. It was a small universe, a seed planted in the hard rock, but within itself it was vibrant and complete.
01[18:44] <@Savant> Strange that the end of your journey here would be so peaceful, in this small open-air suite of apartments that seem more suited to medieval times than the modern age. You have spent a quiet hour here, gathering your wits and recouping your strengths. No doubt the Trojans will arrive soon and disrupt that calm, but there is a sense of timelessness that deadens the urgency of your mission.
01[18:44] <@Savant> Time to prepare. You have been invited to speak with the council of Troy, to be properly welcomed and form the framework for a lasting alliance between the city and the Westphalia Cabinet. Some of you have also been invited to tour the autofactory of the city, or other sights that you may find useful. Regardless, now is the time to see the Trojan world and decide what part, if any, Terranova might play in it.
01[18:44] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
01[18:45] <@Savant> same brief as before, obviously. Just doing it out of a sense of tradition i guess Wink
[18:45] <@Marshall> ack
[18:45] <@Detro> H> ack
[18:45] <@Caelin> ack
[18:45] <@Mel> ack
01[18:45] <@Savant> final questions?
01[18:47] <@Savant> guess not. Shall we?
[18:47] <@Caelin> ::looks about::
01[18:47] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:48] <@Savant> You've been left to your own devices for the afternoon, a welcome thing after such a long trip. The dome of Troy is alive with teh sound of voices, and for the first time in a long time it's comfortable being around people that you don't have to hide from. Even on Terra Nova, there was something to hide; not so here.
[18:48] <@Marshall> T> ::grasps a bottle in his hand:: Halen, Urthred.
[18:48] <@Detro> H> ::idly musing:: I wonder if Utopians can have claustrophobia...
01[18:49] <@Savant> Many of the Talons have decided to meet Autofactury Warden Uthred Alstan at his personal workshops. They are a series of low, heavy buildings, black stone and rust red roofs. Autos move about amongst and inside of them.
01[18:50] <@Savant> Trees ring around the Warden's compound, lit by the artificial rings of light coiling up the central spire of Troy. It looks like the villa of a moderately well-to-do Republican, complete with olive trees and the smell of wine.
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::Shouts form inside one of the large double-wide archways leading into the courtyard:: Come in, friends!
[18:51] <@Marshall> T> I think.. ::shows him the bottle:: you'll like this. ::offers it to him::
[18:51] <@Caelin> ::waves to Uthred as he steps into the building:: Halen, how goes the business old friend?
01[18:52] <@Savant> A smaller group of the Talons are approaching another building, the black stone of this one accented by tan-white marble, a rare find in this area. More tres, more bushes; it's a large building, but not so large as to dwarf those around it. Like everything else here, the hospital looks as if it belongs where it is.
[18:52] <@Detro> H> ::glances at Delgado, then goes back to looking at what he assumes is the medical center::
01[18:53] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::appears at the entrance of the archway even as the Talons enter; inside are few trees but more machinery; winches and pulleys and cranes and many tools. An Auto is half-assembled on blocks nearby:: You've brought a bottle! You know the way to a man's heart. Or at least his liver, ho ho! come in.
01[18:54] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Well, well, Caelin. And your lovely wife-to-be?
[18:54] <@Caelin> ::chuckles a bit:: she's off getting the "Treatment" as we speak
[18:55] <@Detro> H> ::isn't exactly sure why Delgado is so quiet... but he lets her brood in silence while he looks around for their guide::
01[18:55] <@Savant> The entrance to the hospital is an open archway, a common theme here - no doors to lock away the inside from the out. Apparently the massive gates that guard the City from above are enough. A pair of blue and white banners hang on either side of the portal.
03[18:56] * Fraser (~nutterbal@CPE001839bd1335-CM001692fade4c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #bt05
03[18:56] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
03[18:56] * Fraser is now known as Roland
01[18:56] <@Savant> 5Drone> Autoguide> H> *beep* Please-follow-me.
[18:57] <@Detro> H> Hmm. *Blue* and white... ::makes a note to ask about that later, and follows their guide::
01[18:58] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> True, true, they must have her trussed up in ribbons like a fatted pig, haven't they? She must be *furious* ::chuckles:: Come in, sit down, friends, what can old Uthred do for you?
[18:59] <@Roland> ::sits in an oversized chair that seems to engulf him, his arms up on the large rests while his mouth moves silently chewing his gum::
01[19:00] <@Savant> The Autoguide leads the smaller group of Talons into the hospital, where they pause in an atrium filled nearly wall to wall with potted plants. Stone benches are nestled amongst them.
[19:00] <@Marshall> T> Moreover, we were wondering what we can do for you.
[19:00] <@Detro> H> ::he's letting his senses work overtime, taking in every detail. He's nowhere near as knowledgeable as Delgado is, but hoped he was an able enough assistant to be of some use as an observer here::
01[19:01] <@Savant> 5Clerk> H> ::A young girl, looking maybe twelve cycles old, enters the atrium:: Hello? :::blinks at the Terranovans in surprise, and repeats herself:: uhm, hello?
[19:02] <@Detro> H> ::lets Delgado introduce herself before he responds:: Hi. ::smiles::
01[19:02] <@Savant> The Autofacturer's workshops are comfortable indeed; there are cushioned chairs around a stone table in the courtyard where he does his work and experimentation. No viewscreens to be seen, barely any computers, but there is a squat cylinder that looks like it has a trideo projector atop it.
01[19:03] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Do for me? Well, you've brought me booze. That's a good start. ::pulls out some cups and begins pouring::
02[19:03] * @Marshall (~Rana@ip72-202-195-158.fv.ks.cox.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[19:03] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> Can I, ah, help you? Are you hurt?
[19:04] <@Roland> T> I think what he means is do you want or need anything from us in exchange for that axel we're asking for. ::leans forward, takes a cup, and leans back, getting swallowed by the chair again::
[19:04] <@Mel> T> ::has been hanging back, busy scrawling on her datapad, making various test modifications to Bonaparte::
03[19:04] * Marcy (~Rana@ip72-202-195-158.fv.ks.cox.net) has joined #bt05
03[19:04] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Marcy
03[19:05] * Marcy is now known as Marshall
01[19:05] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Well, then! I don't really know. What do you *do*?
[19:05] <@Detro> H> Oh, no. We're with the Black Talons. Our doctor was interested in touring your facilities. I'm her assistant, when I'm not tasked elsewhere.
[19:05] <@Marshall> T> Well, Scildfreja called me a Sophist.
[19:06] <@Roland> T> Mostly, we blow stuff up.
[19:06] <@Caelin> T>::smirks a bit as he takes a seat::i believe mister lang was impressed by your operation here, i'm mostly still catching up on whats happened this past year while Scildfreja and I were gone
01[19:07] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> ::Thinks a few minutes, before she seems to "get it".:: Oh. What would you like to see?
[19:07] <@Marshall> T> Ranger Lang, if you please. ::smiles::
01[19:08] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::Chirtles:: Well, if you can blow stuff up then that's a good talent these days. I have a few hundred thousand Terrans I'd like blown up. Care to give that one a whirl?
[19:09] <@Marshall> T> But, I'm a technical specialist, and I have some experience with that railgun platform that Caelin has.
[19:10] <@Marshall> T> If.. you'd like to try and figure out how the thing works. I also have our analysis of the CEF battle frame we captured.
[19:10] <@Mel> T> ::looks up at the mention of railgun and then the specs of Bonaparte:: Hmm...nah, I'd miss the thump of the cannon....
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Oh, that thing, is it? ::Waves a hand and shouts:: Eadwald, 2-21!
[19:11] <@Roland> T> I think a demonstration was in the plan, yes. Perhaps you can point us in the right direction? Do they have their own bases or facilities here on Utopia to strike? Or are they melded in with your enemy's own groups?
01[19:11] <@Savant> A Sleca-looking Auto, without the fancy armour (It really looks naked without it) scuttles out from a warehouse bearing the railgun that he had been presented with.
[19:12] <@Caelin> T>::smirks again then spots melissa in back:: oh, this is Melissa Childs, she missed the tour earlier
[19:12] <@Marshall> T> Who? ::turns:: When did you get here?
01[19:12] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Oh, I look forward to your demonstration, for certain. They've got mixed bases, bases on their own - both really, I - Why, hello, my dear! Welcome to Troy!
01[19:13] <@Savant> Uthred reaches forward and shakes Melissa's hand. Her hand looks tiny in his bearlike grip.
[19:14] <@Roland> T> She drives the tank. Try to keep up.
[19:14] <@Mel> T> ::shakes Uthred's hand, smiling:: Hi! I was...umm...busy in the bowels of my tank since getting here
[19:15] <@Detro> H> ::lets Delgado explain where they're interested in::
01[19:15] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Aha, a tank, is it? We've not had one of those in nearly three years! I'm surprised you could bring one all this way! ::pauses:: you don't mean one of those little Terran fleas, do you?
[19:15] <@Marshall> T> I can believe that. It's no Jaxon. Can't expect those Southie engineered tanks to run forever.
01[19:16] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> ::Smiles at the two Talons and nods:: come with me, please.
[19:17] <@Mel> T> ::frowns:: Bonaparte is not a Terran flea. A modified light tank that's a drone launcher and controller
[19:18] <@Caelin> T>::pats melissa on the shoulder:: she also doubles as the talon's drone specialist
01[19:18] <@Savant> The girl leads the two Talons into a calm, dark-walled corridor. No plants here, but you can still smell them - you can smell them everywhere. She walks softly down the corridor, looking like a little blonde and white ghost, sheets and all.
[19:18] <@Roland> ::sips from the glass and swishes the liquor around his mouth before swallowing it -- he makes a face and holds the glass up to the light, looking at it::
01[19:19] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::laughs:: Well, it handles Autos, then, so it's a *real* tank. Here I'd thought you'd brought nothing but your big walkers. Good, good!
[19:20] <@Detro> H> ::for a moment, he's bewildered why such a young girl would be working here. But then he reminds himself -- in such a society having to support such a war, the able-bodied (and older) people he'd find in this kind of environment were fighting on what passed for the front lines...::
[19:21] <@Marshall> T> What do you think the odds of automating a gear are?
[19:21] <@Mel> T> ::smiles again, glad to hear the tank getting some respect over a gear::
[19:21] <@Caelin> T>::chuckles::she even managed to tame one of the terran's drones, i'm pretty certain we brought it with us, you'll get a good chance to have a look at it once we get their ship bright in
[19:22] <@Caelin> <<brought>>
[19:22] <@Marshall> T> Now that you've had a chance to read my report. ::shameless plug::
01[19:22] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> ::stops at a doorway and holds open the portal:: This is the clean room. The Escleapium is inside.
[19:23] <@Detro> H> ::stumbles over the unfamiliar Aegensprach:: Esclaepium?
01[19:24] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Seems perfectly straightforward to me, Lang. It's a machine, we can make an NAI to run it.
[19:24] <@Roland> T> ::arches an eyebrow::
01[19:24] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> ::nods:: It's a Grenarian word I think. ::steps inside::
[19:24] <@Marshall> T> Hmm. That's something else I was incredibly interested in. Hooking up an NAI to a nueral net.
[19:24] <@Roland> T> How different are the AIs for the different types of drones you field? Our gears are as varied in composition and capabilities as your drones seem to be.
[19:25] <@Mel> T> ::listens intently to the talk of AIs::
01[19:26] <@Savant> The little nurse brings the two foreigners into a fairly bare room; she unconsciously steps out of her shoes and tucks them to one side of the room as she does so. The room itself is noticeably barren; it's just a small stone chamber with a set of doors on either side, a few coat hooks, and some rubberized mats on the floor
[19:27] <@Detro> H> ::follows suit, trying to dredge up what little of the language he can remember::
[19:27] <@Marshall> T> But first let's take a look here.
01[19:27] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::Sits as well and pats his Auto attendant on the head - it buzzes like an insect in responce:: Don't know, never tried hookin'em together. We've got a good dozen types of military auto NAIs in our library, and that's more than most Cities. We haven't been able to focus on development lately, sadly, so they might be getting a little behind.
[19:28] <@Caelin> T>::to marshall::that would be very intersting, our NAI's don't have the ability to learn and adapt like your neural nets.
[19:29] <@Detro> H> ::somehow seems familiar but can't remember it... he turns to Delgado:: Esclaepium?
[19:29] <@Marshall> T> ::grabs a tool and begins to pull apart and analyze the little railgun, narrating for those present::
[19:30] <@Roland> T> ::frowns:: Neural nets only learn and adapt when they don't get blown up. If the upcoming shitstorm with Earth has as much in the way of shit blowing up as the last war, 'learning' won't be very high on the priority list.
01[19:30] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> ::presses a button as the doors close:: It means "Esclepa's House". Close your eyes please.
[19:30] <@Detro> H> ::closes his eyes::
01[19:32] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::leans forwards:: so, they learn, they really learn. They act without orders? ::looks dubious::
01[19:33] <@Savant> The Clean Room fills with a gentle breeze that swirls the little girl's toga about her and leaves a fine mist upon everyone and everything within.
[19:34] <@Roland> T> They don't so much act without orders as they....gain a personality in carrying out their orders.
[19:34] <@Marshall> T> This looks like a.. uhm... capacitor and some kind of power cell here next to it.
[19:34] <@Detro> H> ::when it's done, he blinks his eyes a few times:: Sanitizing spray of some sort?
01[19:35] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Ah, doesn't hat get frustrating, though? why would you want them doing it any way but how you tell them? ::leans over the railgun:: A whole bank of capacitors, it seems. Must be a good ten kilofarads.
[19:36] <@Mel> T> It is possible to wipe a NNet's memory to get rid of annoying habits, but many pilots don't like that
01[19:36] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> Yes. ::pushes open the door to the medical room beyond:: Come with me please.
[19:36] <@Marshall> T> It gets to the point where you have to do it, sometimes.
[19:36] <@Detro> H> ::follow along, curious::
01[19:37] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Ah, I could understand that. A good number of Armigers get attached to their little pets, to. :: Laughs and looks int he glass eye of the Auto beside him:: don't we my pet? ::pats its metal head and laughs again::
[19:38] <@Marshall> T> So, describe for me an NAI then. How is it different?
01[19:39] <@Savant> The Esclaepium is a remarkably simple room. It looks very similar to the bedrooms that the Talons have been given, in fact, though the bed is raised and larger, and there are more sensors on the wall. Stone cabinets and drawers must contain the medical apparati, and a pair of slim, tall, and humanoid-shaped Autos stand at attention against the wall.
01[19:40] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> An NAI? Well, I've not seen your Neural Nets in great detail, and don't get me wrong, I'm not a programmer. But your Neural Nets use forced crystal growth. NAIs can run on any optical chip you like.
01[19:41] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> It's all software. Here. ::pats the Auto beside him, pushes its head low, and takes a tool formt he tabletop beside him - it's littered with tools and machines of all sorts. He ebgins working at the space between its "shoulder blades"::
[19:42] <@Detro> H> ::is happy to let Delgado lead the questioning here::
01[19:42] <@Savant> The girl walks quietly over to the cabinet and, as a matter of course, opens it up, cataloguing what's inside to make sure everything is ready in case of an emergency.
03[19:42] * dakabn (~dakabn@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
03[19:42] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[19:43] <@Mel> T> ::watches and listens, trying to figure out if a NAI could actually operate a Gear as well as a Neural Net::
01[19:43] <@Savant> Uthred opens an armoured hatch, fumbles about with some wires, and pulls out a fat cylinder about the size of a 2L bottle. It looks remarkably boring.
[19:44] <@Caelin> T>::suddenly has a though:: hmm i wonder what would have happened to the cydh and her autoguard if they had a neural net system
[19:44] <@Detro> H> ::observes the girl while Delgado asks her questions... he suddenly stiffens a bit. Frowns.::
[19:44] <@Roland> T> ::blink blink::
[19:46] <@Marshall> T> That looks like... a sensor clustor.
01[19:46] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::sets the still-connected NAI command module on the Auto's shoulders:: OH yes, Aewilm, you found my aewilm! How is the poor dear. Still running after all that. What a trooper.
01[19:46] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::tries to look over its shoulders to what is presumably its own brain::
[19:47] <@Detro> H> ::when there's a moment between questions:: What about hypnotraining? Do you do that here?
01[19:49] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> A sensor cluster? ::laughs:: Can't tell your ass from your eyes, seems, son! THIS is a sensor cluster ::beats his fist on the poor drone's head. It buzzes in complaint::
[19:49] <@Caelin> T>she is well considering, her tracks needed to be repaired before we could move her to the fury, thankfully her autofacturers were still operational although missing a few tools
[19:50] <@Marshall> T> ::grunts in protest then stays silent::
01[19:50] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> ::Frowns, looking dubious:: No. That sounds like something they'd so in some *other* city. ::She says that with obvious disdain::
[19:50] <@Delgado> H> ::frowns as she walks up to the drones and looks them over. She then tries to catch what's in the cabinet that the girl opens, but her angle isn't right:: Where is the Esclepa?
01[19:50] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> He's in the lab.
[19:51] <@Delgado> H> ::nods then gestures to the drones:: What are these? What are their purpose?
[19:51] <@Detro> H> ::has walked over to one of the drones and is inspecting it very closely::
01[19:52] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::Laughs and slaps Marshall on the shoulder - the man's as jovial as a circus bear and about as heavy-handed:: Cheer up son. You put in his brians again and I'll get us some lunch. ::heads off briefly::
[19:52] <@Detro> H> ::uses the inspection to cover his concern... clearly the girl was hypnotrained, but given the rather negative reaction she had... something didn't make sense::
01[19:53] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> These are the servants. Anwin and Elwin. They carry things, mostly. They're very useful.
[19:53] <@Marshall> T> ::grabs the NAI and looks at it briefly before shoving it back in the way it was supposed to go, as closely as he could tell::
01[19:55] <@Savant> The Autofactury Warden returns after a few moments with a bowl of some sort of a vegetable salsa and another bowl of bread. It looks quite fresh and smells very good.
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Turn the up side topwise, son. Can't have a drink without something to eat, too, can you? Now, you were saying about a demonstration. What is it you'll be demonstrating? I'm very interested in seeing this "pocket tank."
[19:56] <@Detro> H> ::at some point, he manages to get behind the girl... he taps his forehead with a questioning look aimed at Delgado::
[19:56] <@Delgado> H> Ah, I see. ::turns and looks back at the girl, eyeing her a bit as she walks to where the girl was:: Mind if I look in the cabinets?
[19:56] <@Roland> T> Cap'n wants to hit something hard, fast, and leave no indication that it was gears that did the dirty work I think.
[19:56] <@Marshall> T> ::flips the NAI and reinserts it::
01[19:57] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> ::She seems a little concerned about letting others look through her nice tidy organized cabinets, but she relents and takes a step back from the open door::
[19:57] <@Caelin> T>i believe the captain requested we give the talons the Armiger's final training routine
[19:57] <@Delgado> H> ::offers the girl a smile then opens the cabinets, taking a quick inventory of what she sees::
01[19:58] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::grins at the announcement and looks at Caelin:: Figure they can handle it?
[19:58] <@Mel> T> ::calls up the specifications of Bonaparte on her datapad::
[19:59] <@Caelin> T>::shrugs a bit:: hard to say really, they're fast for sure, but they may not be up to par for the stealth portion
01[20:00] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Like the Terrans, then. Speed, plenty of speed, but you can see them coming for klicks.
[20:00] <@Delgado> H> ::finishes looking through the inventory then turns back to the girl:: May we go see your Esclepa now?
[20:00] <@Roland> T> ::grunts:: Unfortunately, we can only seem to disappear, not actually disappear like you and your active camo.
[20:00] <@Caelin> T>::adds:: at least if i'm right in assuming that session now tests Black Armor Armigers
[20:01] <@Marshall> T> ::still indignantly frowning::
01[20:01] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::nods:: it does, aye. ::grins a big grin at Roland:: IT's something else, isn't it? Took us near on ten years to figure it out. Me and mine, we've worked hard on it, and look at it now. Like magic, it is.
01[20:02] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> ::nods and closes the cabinet, leading the Talons out of the quiet room::
[20:03] <@Delgado> H> ::follows after the girl, glancing at Detro and nodding once to confirm his suspicion::
[20:03] <@Caelin> T>::laughs::it certainly worked to it's expectations, you should have seen the look on the talon's faces when we had sleca make contact
[20:03] <@Roland> T> ::can't must much else other than a grunt in response::
[20:03] <@Roland> <<muster>>
[20:03] <@Detro> H> ::follows along behind Delgado::
[20:03] <@Mel> T> Well, I would like to think that Bonaparte does not make nearly as much noise as one of the Terran's hovertanks
[20:03] <@Detro> H> ::taps out a note on his dataglove as they move along::
01[20:05] <@Savant> The Talons are led back into the hallway and are led by the littlest nurse to the end of the hall. A heavier door there has Agenspraec writing upon the edges. It's not a label, but instead a poem that reads "Our father's ghosts guard this holy work for the good of our children's children."
01[20:05] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::Peers at the plans:: Ah, it's an autocarrier! But a small one - how can you get more than one in there?
01[20:06] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> ::knocks quietly, hunching forward as if it would make her more quiet::
[20:06] <@Delgado> H> ::makes a mental note about the doorway, sure to ask Scildfreja and Caelin about it later::
[20:06] <@Detro> H> ::not being Agenliterate, simply snaps a quick picture with the dataglove's built-in camera::
[20:07] <@Mel> T> The bay can carry a number of drones depending on their size of course. Also, I've added some bars on the turret to allow drones like the Octopus I caught attach and ride along with the tank
01[20:08] <@Savant> A voice from inside allows the girl to open the door, and she does so. Beyond the door is a brighter light; the entire room is an atrium beneath clear glass. Tables and chairs are mixed with computers and medical devices, and more than a few potted plants.
01[20:08] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::laughs:: They ride on the outside? Oho, that's magnificent! It must look like a rolling drillgit nest!
[20:09] <@Detro> H> ::glances around, comparing the plants he sees here to those he saw on their trek in on the surface::
01[20:10] <@Savant> There are a few occupants in the room, two men and one woman. All three are wearing similar blue and white togas to the little girls' own, all three are adsorbed in tasks upon their computers, in a cluster near the middle of the room.
[20:10] <@Delgado> H> ::steps inside and looks around, getting a good view of the various medical tools::
[20:10] <@Mel> T> ::arches an eyebrow:: I'm not sure what that is, but sounds like quite the sight...I set it up so that the if need be, I could combine the firepower of the Octopus, or whatever other drone is attached, to the overall ability of the tnak
[20:10] <@Detro> H> ::takes a picture of some of the plants surreptitiously with the dataglove for Roland::
01[20:11] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::nods, satisfied:: Seems clever enough. So you *do* use Autos of some sort, then. OR drones at least. I had thought you didn't use any.
[20:12] <@Delgado> H> ::doesn't note anything of 'Oh wow' signifigance and moves on, shifting her attention to the girl again::
01[20:12] <@Savant> 5Girl> H> ::Leads the Talons over to the cluster of medical workers and stands beside one - a young man, maybe thirty five cycles of age, with hair as blonde as hers:: These are the Terranovans.
[20:13] <@Caelin> T>::nods:: they have drones similar to the waeps called wasps, which...::chuckles a bit:: i guess is the same thing
[20:13] <@Mel> T> ::nods:: Not quite to the extent that I've seen the CEF use them, but I've always thought the use of drones brings an advantage to the field...you can have a larger force with fewer people, and fewer people at risk
01[20:14] <@Savant> The man looks up at the two Terranovans, then stands. He's blonde, tall and slim, though he has an appreciable physique. And he seems very tired.
[20:15] <@Delgado> H> ::notes his appearance then bows slightly to the man:: Halen, Esclepa. Hal jae est?
[20:15] <@Detro> H> ::hangs back again, letting Delgado break the diplomatic ice::
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2Eldren Radhere> Halen. ::he bows in return:: Aslacian. ::He smiles weakly, switching to Anglic:: What brings you to my home. Do you need help?
[20:19] <@Delgado> H> No. Actually, I was wondering if we could be of any help to you. At the very least, we could exchange information. Yes?
[20:19] <@Mel> T> ::thinks for a minute:: I was working on a little side project a while back...it's still only a first draft, but I think it came out quite well. I'll be right back with it ::runs off::
01[20:20] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Exactly! It's the only sane thing to do. The few people on the field of battle, the better. Let the Autos do the dying. They like it, after all. Don't you? ::grins and looks at the Auto beside him, which returns the glance inquisitively::
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Eldren Radhere> H> Of course. We've been told to open up what we have to you.
[20:22] <@Roland> T> Unfortunately on Terra Nova, our AIs aren't at the point we can do that. Our forces, men and women, have to kick ass tooth and nail all by themselves for every inch.
[20:23] <@Delgado> H> ::nods:: I've heard that you have seen the new kind of GREL, or SLEDGE. I'd like to know what you have discovered about it.
[20:23] <@Marshall> T> The way it should be. Keeps war civil.
[20:24] <@Roland> T> ::narrows his eyes slightly:: GREL aren't fucking civil.
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::grins good naturedly:: They kick asses, teeth, *and* nails? all at once?
[20:24] <@Marshall> T> And niether are these autos, if you ask me.
[20:24] <@Mel> T> ::returns with the scorpion drone in her arms, placing the mostly still jury-rigged drone on the ground::
01[20:25] <@Savant> 2Eldren Radhere> H> ::flops back into his chair and nods:: We've got files, we've captured a few. The autopsies and biopsies were very helpful.
[20:26] <@Caelin> T>::gives a halfhearted sigh as there's certainly a difference of opinion to how wars should be fought::
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> Those purple bastards? ::Spits:: no better than vermin. Oh, hello, what have you brought here? ::crouches down to see the little drone::
[20:27] <@Detro> H> The big question I suppose is, is there a way to identify one easily?
[20:27] <@Delgado> H> ::raies both eyebrows:: You've killed one? And recovered the body? ::goes quiet as Detro asks his question::
01[20:28] <@Savant> 2Eldren Radhere> H> Not that we know of, Terranovan. They're too close to regular phenotype. ::rubs his shoulder as he replies:: We captured him live, actually.Thank Kenweard for that one.
[20:30] <@Mel> T> A little survelliance drone that I decided to work on a little while back. The claws can act as grapnel hooks and can dig into most surfaces to climb. There's a recording device and it can record sound and video. And I've included a taser self-defence mechanism in the tail, though I am thinking of changing that to a dart launcher.
[20:30] <@Delgado> H> ::nods:: Were you able to get any information from him verbally?
02[20:30] * @Marshall (~Rana@ip72-202-195-158.fv.ks.cox.net) Quit (Quit: )
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Eldren Radhere> H> A lot, I'm told. I wasn't there for that, but I heard that once Sunthere cracked his training he spilled quite a bit.
[20:32] <@Delgado> H> We would be highly interested in those files and transcripts.
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> T> ::Waves his finger back and forth in front of the scorpion drone, watching its eyes track:: Hee, adorable little thing, isn't it. Haven't you got a lot of spines on you now!
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Eldren Radhere> H> ::leans towards his computer, taps at it a few times, and then withdraws a flat metal chip, which he gives to Delgado:: That's what I've got, you might want to talk to Kogmund or Sunthere for the rest.
[20:33] <@Detro> H> ::nods at Delgado:: That, and how you cracked their hypnotraining? We've had problems with hypnotrained people before...
[20:34] <@Detro> H> ::recalls those kids on Caprice...::
[20:34] <@Detro> H> ::and the 9 year old girl who led them here, and he frowns again::
01[20:34] <@Savant> 2Eldren Radhere> H> ::frowns a bit:: That I don't know much about, it's really Cuthen's area.
[20:35] <@Delgado> H> ::takes the chip and puts it in her pocket, securing it like it was the most valuable thing ever:: Where would I find Kogmud, Sunthere, and Cuthen?
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2Eldren Radhere> H> Kogmund is usually up in the keep, and Sunthere? Who knows. He goes where he likes.
[20:37] <@Delgado> H> ::nods:: Thank you very much. This will be very useful.
[20:38] <@Mel> T> I have been toying with the idea of using a more advanced AI in it, so it can operate on its own for extended periods of time
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Eldren Radhere> H> Very glad to help. Come back a bit later, when I've had a chance to sleep ::he grins weakly again:: I'll be a better host then.
[20:39] <@Delgado> H> ::grins:: I'll take you up on that. Our door is open as well. I'll let you get back to your work. ::bows slightly::
01[20:39] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[20:39] <@Savant> Pretty sedate, but that's what I was sort of expecting!
[20:39] <@Detro> H> ::closing attn::
01[20:40] <@Savant> Mel, we'll have to get some aftersims for you to explain what you've been up to, and you've had a lot of time to work on stuff, so we'll figure out what you've built in your 13 week trip to Utopia.
[20:40] <@Mel> okaay
01[20:40] <@Savant> Delgado, I'll get you some intersting information to give everyone next week.
[20:40] <@Delgado> Woot
01[20:40] <@Savant> Also, we'll assume that you guys eventually examine the railgun with Uthred, so he'll be able to figure out if it can be assmebled using their autofacturers.
01[20:41] <@Savant> you may get one of these torso-mounted on your Gears before too long.
01[20:41] <@Savant> questions?
[20:41] <@Detro> Wee, our gears can be like Hollanders Smile
01[20:42] <@Savant> that'll be a no Wink expees. One point is for teamwork. That doesn't really apply today Wink lets' do characterization instead. Did you learn anything new about your characters or any other characters?
[20:42] <@Detro> H> Detro appears to have started developing a soft spot for kids
[20:43] <@Delgado> I learned that our hosts are more 'modified' than originally thought. And rather passive about it. Wink
01[20:44] <@Savant> may as well comibine this iwth the storyline point today. Anything learned in general?
01[20:44] <@Savant> cause that's a very good point, Delgado.
[20:44] <@Detro> Hypnotrained people are anti-hypnotrained in attitude for some wierd reason. At least one person is
[20:45] <@Delgado> They dun captured a SLEDGE and broke it.
[20:46] <@Detro> Oh, and this hospital is surprisingly quiet and seemingly free of patients. Or at least we didn't explicitly notice any.
01[20:46] <@Savant> actually, they psychological and physically tortured it, then took it apart to see what they could learn Smile
01[20:46] <@Savant> psychologically, even
[20:46] <@Delgado> Either way, it's pretty awesome.
01[20:46] <@Savant> there were sone, but not in the areas you wqere in, Delgado.
[20:46] <@Roland> The Utopians think their AIs could be adapted to gears.
01[20:46] <@Savant> they do, yes, but they'd like to do some experimenting first of all.
01[20:47] <@Savant> that's one point. Two points will be ... well, two points because I'm going to give you two points. We're all a bit tired I think Wink Two points, and well done!
01[20:48] <@Savant> Next week I believe you have a demonstration to make.
01[20:48] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:36] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:36] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:36] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:37] <@Marshall> ::attn::
01[18:37] <@Savant> haven't called attention this late in a long time now. It is a sad thing Sad
[18:37] <@Roland> ::a...t...t...n::
[18:37] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:37] <@Caelin> ::attn::
[18:37] <@Delgado> ::acthnphthbth::
[18:37] <@Birkin> ::attn::
[18:37] <@Marshall> Gesundhiet, Doctor.
[18:37] <@Caelin> you should have that cough looked at doc:)
01[18:38] <@Savant> Good evening and welcome to another exciting episode of the Black Talons! We're running a little behind here at Black Talon Labs, something to do with having a bajillion robot monsters to keep track of. Don't mind that
03[18:38] * Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.130) has joined #BT05
03[18:38] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
01[18:38] <@Savant> Good evening and welcome to another exciting episode of the Black Talons! We're running a little behind here at Black Talon Labs, something to do with having a bajillion robot monsters to keep track of. Don't mind that
01[18:40] <@Savant> We are waiting on three people to get into Skype it seems, and then we may begin in earnest.
01[18:40] <@Savant> until then, is everyone ready to rock and roll?
[18:41] <@Roland> Yes, and no, respectively.
[18:41] <@Marshall> Rock and/or roll.
01[18:41] <@Savant> no rolling for Roland, then.
[18:42] <@Marshall> heh
01[19:02] <@Savant> We will start out right away here. Let me post a brief briefing.
01[19:02] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[19:02] <@Savant> Morning of 19 December, 462 UC (30AUT46)
01[19:02] <@Savant> New Troy, Golan Mountains, Central Sumer
01[19:02] <@Savant> 17 degrees C, indoors. Low radiation levels.
01[19:02] <@Savant> Now for the REAL diplomacy. You have been given the opportunity to demonstrate your Gears of war to the Trojans and show them what benefits these machines may have in their army - basis for deeper trade and co-operation in the future.
01[19:02] <@Savant> This battleground, set up in an abandoned mine cavern, is the final trial of a young Armiger before gaining credibility in the eyes of his peers. Be sure that you will be watched and judged - every Armiger watching has done this course and knows it intimately. How you fare here will determine the politics between the City and TErra Nova more deeply than any diplomacy.
01[19:02] <@Savant> The time has come to prove your mettle. The time has come to show these Utopian moles what constitutes a *real* machine of war. No hiding for Terra Nova - no sticking your head in the sand and lobbing nukes like cowards. Time to show them how you kicked the Earthers off of Terranova over twenty cycles ago.
01[19:02] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[19:03] <@Caelin> ack
[19:03] <@Gabriel> ack
[19:03] <@Roland> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
[19:03] <@Detro> hack
[19:03] <@Birkin> ack
[19:03] <@Marshall> ack
[19:03] <@Detro> (Can I hack this simulation, ala Kobayashi Maru?)
01[19:03] <@Savant> not easily
01[19:03] <@Savant> questions?
01[19:04] <@Savant> if that is the case we may begin post-haste
01[19:04] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[19:04] <@Savant> It is a dim cavern - lit, yes, but poorly so. A few lights embedded in the long rocky expanse of the ceiling shed too-little light down on the buildings below. This training ground was a mine once and it seems that they must have stripped out the lights here to make it. You stand at the foot of the mine, looking up at the inclined roadways of the false residential district.
01[19:05] <@Savant> There are buildings here - sort of. Rubble and actual wall fragments have been used to make the appearance of buildings, roadways have been cleared, wire "trees" have been made into artificial forests. It's all very convincing if you squint your eyes just so. It looks like a little piece of the southern Republic has been transported underground and thoroughly trashed by the trip.
[19:05] <@Roland> ::turns the 'football' over in Erinyes's manipulators, looking it over:: Weakest looking fucking nuke I've ever seen.
[19:05] <@Gabriel> ::leads his team down the ramp, looking over the environment::
[19:06] <@Detro> ::looking around as they exit:: Only thing this place needs is a cheering crowd and annoyingly loud announcer... ::gets ready for the dash and crash coming up::
[19:06] <@Detro> <<+com+ that>>
[19:06] <@Birkin> ::cracks his neck inside of his gear:: +com+ Blue Team report in
[19:06] <@Detro> ::runs down the equipment checklist:: +com+ Detro, go.
[19:07] <@Delgado> ::angles her gear toward the exit:: +com+ Delgado, go.
[19:07] <@Gabriel> +com+ Red squad, sound off. Erinyes, you ready?
[19:07] <@Marshall> ::follows Tynes:: +com+ Castle.
01[19:07] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Juno! Go! Woo woo!
[19:07] <@Birkin> ::nods at his two other compatriots:: +com+ Captain Blue team is a go
[19:08] <@Roland> +com+ ::grunts, then tucks the thing under the Gear's arm in somewhat of an awkward position:: Ready enough.
03[19:08] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[19:08] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[19:08] <@Gabriel> +com+ Red's set. Gold's set. Let's do this thing. ::switches frequencies:: +com+ OpEx leader, Talon 05 stands ready.
01[19:09] <@Savant> Ruins beckon ahead. It looks still and calm, though a horrible jumble of shadows.
[19:09] <@Gabriel> +com+ Say engagement objective and rules of engagement.
03[19:10] * LrdVampyre is now known as Mel
[19:10] <@Caelin> ::sits in the obsveration room at a set of control::+com+alright, Captain Tynes, you have your objectives and may begin when ready, good luck
01[19:11] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> +com+ Your objectives, Captain, are to deliver your cargo to the platform at the top of the street. Simple enough.
[19:12] <@Gabriel> +com+ Roger that. ::switches back:: Talon 05, let's show them what we can do. Red team, move out!
[19:12] <@Gabriel> ::guns the engine, driving it up close to red line, then accelerates out into the field::
[19:13] <@Marshall> ::pushes the pedal down and throttles up to top speed::
[19:13] <@Roland> ::vroom vrooms for a bit as the first team takes off up the incline and into the cave proper, shifting Erinyes from foot to foot as he prepares to roll out himself -- the gear's head rolls back and forth on its neck and its shoulders shrug a couple of times::
[19:16] <@Caelin> ::settles into his seat and pushes a few buttons, bringing up a few different views on his screen, he glances over at freja:: this will be amusing
[19:17] <@Birkin> ::moves forward onto the path designated for him:: +com+ Detro as soon as you can, go as loud as you can, and do not stop until I tell you.
[19:17] <@Gabriel> +com+ ECM, hot. Active sensors, hot. Loud and proud, Talons.
[19:20] <@Gabriel> +com+ Blue team, remember, those trees are concealment.
01[19:21] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Nothing hot yet, sir!
[19:22] <@Roland> ::hits the gas -- Erinyes breaks out into a run for a couple of strides and then switches to SMS, rolling forward at speed and darting through a portion of tree cover::
[19:22] <@Detro> ::powers up the ECM system, hand hovering to kick in ECCM if needed::
[19:23] <@Delgado> ::rolls out with the rest, trying to take cover among the 'trees'::
[19:25] <@Roland> ::smacks a button in the cockpit with the flick of his arm, sending out a sensor ping just as he rolls into cover fully expecting to get nothing back::
01[19:25] <@Savant> The Talons are completely rewarded by their sensor pings, or in their expectations of same. He sees nothing at all in his return.
[19:27] <@Birkin> ::looks behind him for a second then back at Detro:: +com+ Detro, move into formation with Blue team
[19:27] <@Detro> +com+ Suggest you not get that bunched up sir. You're just begging for an area-effect shot there.
01[19:31] <@Savant> Gabriel and Marshall blitz round a corner up the incline to meet a small rubble-strewn plaza - which promptly explodes
[19:32] <@Marshall> Whoa. Close one cap'n.
[19:32] <@Gabriel> +com+ Like I said in the ready room, watch for traps, Talons. Got proximity mines toward the central courtyard.
01[19:33] <@Savant> Contrails of smoke and the sound of ignited rockets let loose almost immediately further up the slope. A *lot* of rockets.
[19:33] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit as he watches tynes' mamba twist by the explosion::
[19:36] <@Gabriel> ::switches over to feet to prepare to make his way through the ruins::
01[19:37] <@Savant> Explosions splash into the area around Gabriel and Marshall almost immediately - not very high potency but certainly enough to do some damage. They are not effective, unfortuantely.
[19:37] <@Marshall> ::ducks and jumps and sidesteps to avoid a volley of rockets::
[19:37] <@Gabriel> ::ducks behind the building during the onslaught:: +com+ Castle, tactical assessment. What would that have done to an armiger?
[19:39] <@Detro> ::crosses the path of the red team, spotting an opportunity for when they shift up speed... he slots momentarily behind Birkin::
[19:39] <@Marshall> +com+ Would have been some pain. Not really a threat to a larger vehicle. Maybe a small gear like a Cheetah.
[19:40] <@Delgado> ::continues to move among cover, trying to match speed with general concealment::
[19:40] <@Gabriel> +com+ Very good. Scouts, keep active sensors going. The autos are going to be moving soon!
[19:40] <@Birkin> +com+ Blue team shifting to full throttle soon. Any targets before we do so sir?
01[19:41] <@Savant> The assault begins as a spidery-shaped war machine that comes up to a Gear's chest scrambles around the corner of the building beside Red Team
[19:42] <@Gabriel> +com+ Blue team, medium auto in the building's back courtyard! ::relays the coordinates aft::
01[19:42] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Ahh! bogey bogey, on your eight Captain! ::raises her autocannon:: Eat lead! ::click click click::
01[19:43] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::is not impressed::
[19:47] <@Marshall> ::lobs a single rocket in the direction of the hostile, but due to his speed it wasn't really that close::
[19:48] <@Detro> ::just as he's about to pass by a wall, Detro leans his MAC in the direction of the drone that's being relayed and lets a quick shot off::
01[19:49] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::One of the eight sensors of the Auto swivels to glare at Detro as it takes the shell square on the glacis plate.::
[19:49] <@Birkin> ::sets the coordinates into his HRP before almost casualy letting the rocket fly::
01[19:49] <@Savant> Then a rocket slams down at the join between the glacis plate and armour and explodes inwards. The legs buckle and the body comes crashing down.
01[19:50] <@Savant> His two friends do not seem impressed.
[19:51] <@Caelin> ::chuckles::i have to admit, they're pretty gung ho about it
01[19:52] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::in the control room:: You don't think that they're going to go through the whole route like this?
[19:53] <@Birkin> ::sees the others coming up and lets fly with more rockets at his comerades::
[19:53] <@Caelin> ::turns to freja and smirk:: it'll be a learning experience for them if they do
01[19:55] <@Savant> Explosions rain down upon the two drones as they appear - they were not expecting such firepower it seems. The rockets slam home amidst them.
[19:58] <@Gabriel> ::jumps aside as two more autos pop up out of the darkness, alternately using his corner of the building as cover from two different directions::
[19:58] <@Marshall> ::jumps to the side and finds some cover::
01[19:58] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::One Auto, missing a leg, opens fire with a pair of rifle blasts at Marshall across the rubble-strewn and burning courtyard::
[20:03] <@Roland> ::bolts around blue team and sends out an active sensor ping as he pushes the engine to the limit -- a series of rifle bullets zip by his juking form as the three drones appear out of no where::
[20:03] <@Roland> ::a flick of a switch and a twitch of his stick, and a series of MIRPs rocket out to slam into the now visible drones::
01[20:04] <@Savant> 5Drones> ::Appearing as if from nowhere, three spidery Autos begin clawing their way towards Roland, firing with their heavy rifles as they go::
[20:07] <@Roland> +com+ Stupid fuckers don't even know to be scared. ::sends off another quick pair of rockets to silence the remaining two 'living' autos::
01[20:08] <@Savant> The drones erupt in flames as Roland coats the area liberally in incendiary jelly.
[20:12] <@Roland> +com+ And, just for the record, I'm the guy carrying the damned bomb. This is your guys' job. ::spins sideways and skids long enough to lob a rocket up and down into the remaining damaged drone::
02[20:13] * @Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.130) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Jester|BRB)))
03[20:13] * Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.130) has joined #bt05
03[20:13] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
01[20:14] <@Savant> The rocket rips through the air and slams into the flailing Auto, putting it atop the bodies of its allies
[20:17] <@Detro> ::pausing at the wall end:: 3 new contacts, bearing 110.
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +Com+ There's a few more on our flank here...
[20:17] <@Gabriel> +com+ Get south of the buildings, Red Team. Make 'em come to us, if they're going to.
[20:18] <@Marshall> +com+ *click*
01[20:22] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Follows along behind the more aggressive Red Team embers, pulling a hand grenade from the hip of her Gear, holding it in hand a moment to program it, and then dropping it behind her::
01[20:23] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::And then slams into the wall that the others leap over, sending bricks and rubble flying:: Oof!
[20:23] <@Gabriel> ::follows his own orders, hopping over the wall, hugging the wall of the building::
[20:24] <@Gabriel> ::once he gets into position behind two layers of cover, peeks around the corner and lays MAC fire into all three autos::
[20:26] <@Marshall> ::leans over Gabriel's shoulder and peppers the targets with autocannon fire::
01[20:27] <@Savant> The Autos soak the damage, swivelling to face all at once. Their weapons prepare to unleash a terrible flurry of shots
[20:28] <@Gabriel> +com+ Slow 'em down a bit more, Castle.
[20:29] <@Gabriel> +com+ Spooks, you're embarrasing us back there. ::grins::
01[20:29] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::missing two legs, the leadmost Auto stumbled, but quickly recovers its footing, "figuring out" how to walk with four where there were six.::
01[20:30] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Anyone get the number of that truck?
[20:31] <@Marshall> +com+ Oup. Duck!
01[20:31] <@Savant> Rockets fill the alleyway between the Talons and the drones
[20:32] <@Gabriel> ::ducks back behind his building as the autos counter-fire::
01[20:33] <@Savant> Gabriel is coated in sparks and fire - it's not *actually* damaging, but his combat computer registers major damage to his hip joint and power train.
[20:37] <@Gabriel> ::winces as he's blind-sided in what he thinks is a safe position for the second time while commanding 05::
01[20:38] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::At nearly the same moment, Sleca - *SLECA* - pops its angular head overtop of the cover right in front of him. It spits out an explosive paste before ducking back away::
[20:38] <@Gabriel> Damn it. +com+ Talon 05, Zealot's a casualty. Major damage to hip actuators. Going to have to hold position and lead the team from here. Marshall, take Red forward according to plan.
[20:38] <@Marshall> +com+ Yessir.
[20:40] <@Detro> ::Reacts to a new blip on his sensor and swings his MAC in line, pumping out another shot::
[20:41] <@Detro> +com+ Birkin, drone on your right around the building.
[20:41] <@Caelin> ooh here we go ::jinks the joystick out of the way and returns fire::
01[20:43] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::The drone bucks erratically, almost backflipping out of the way of the shot and disappearing down the other side of the wall again::
[20:43] <@Detro> ::pops back briefly to dodge its return fire::
[20:44] <@Caelin> ::curses a bit in AS::been a while since i remotely controlled an auto
01[20:45] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::nods:: Yeah, I'm no good.
[20:46] <@Roland> ::continues gunning it forward, slipping in towards the path that Birkin and red team took -- on his way the LPLC from one hand spits out a short burst towards the light drone harassing Detro, and then the LAAC swivels to spit out a burst that ripples across the two northern medium drones' positions::
[20:47] <@Caelin> ::and with that is not quite fast enough to dodge roland's shot, he releases the joystick with a heavy sigh::then again, against HIM, i never had a chance even if i wasn't rusty
01[20:48] <@Savant> Roalnd's shots pour into the remaining Autos. For once, not *everything* is dead.
01[20:50] <@Savant> 5Deacon> ::The Gear's Neural Net starts kicking into overdrive - its chart, a little green line in the corner of Gabriel's eye - starts hammering the ceiling of its chart.::
[20:52] <@Gabriel> ::glances at the activity:: That's odd... +com+ Spooks, Uchiwa, got a spike from my NNet. ::transmits the data to them::
[20:52] <@Birkin> +com+ Detro active sensors. Pinging this area. Now.
01[20:53] <@Savant> Detro discovers - well, it's a blob of heat almost right in front of Birkin and Delgado
[20:55] <@Detro> ::relays the coordinates of the blobby signature to the others::
[20:56] <@Birkin> ::swings onto the gear as he spots it and fires at it
[20:59] <@Birkin> +com+ Red Team, Hades got a peice of the Auto we discovered, someone put a rocket into it and it will go down.
01[21:00] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::Pulls itself from the wreckage, staggering backwards and scrambling for better cover::
[21:02] <@Gabriel> ::obligingly looses an ABM near Detro's coordinates, hoping to clear a path::
[21:03] <@Marshall> ::clicks once and fires a single rocket at the target::
01[21:05] <@Savant> And clear a path he does. The ABM explodes quite impressively in the middle of the concourse. Everything is showered in rubble.
[21:06] <@Roland> +com+ Pretty crappy weather in here today. ::as rubble rains down and pelts across the roof of the building he is sidled up beside::
[21:07] <@Birkin> +com+ You'd think they'd try to give us some nice sunshine in here.
[21:07] <@Caelin> ::shakes his head a bit::and there's their demonstration of firepower.
[21:07] <@Marshall> +com+ Oh jeez! ::hits the deck::
[21:08] <@Detro> +com+ Da kai sa jeh!
[21:08] <@Gabriel> ::watches the carnage for a bit, grinning, then goes hull down behind his wall::
01[21:09] <@Savant> The entire concourse fills with sparks - it's an impressive explosion in the simulated viewfinder at the very least. When the dust starts to settle there are a few "smoking" carcasses of machines on the field. They then get up and walk to the penalty box.
[21:10] <@Gabriel> +com+ Scouts, keep those sensors hot. There's all kinds of traps through here.
[21:11] <@Roland> +com+ ...so just lob some more ABMs and blow them to bits?
[21:11] <@Detro> +com+ Permission to do some urban re-landscaping?
01[21:11] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ ::huff huff:: up and - over! ahah hah:: Scales the wall and then skirts around the others:: Yes sir, right on it! I'll just dear sweet fancy Mahmoud in a basket.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> +com+ I'll see what I can arrange, Erinyes. If you have a moment, take out this guy behind me, though.
01[21:13] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Trap, it's a trap!
01[21:14] <@Savant> 5Deacon> ::The chart flickers up and down erratically and power systems come back online, the Neural Net compensating for the injuries it has sustained::
01[21:19] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::hucks a grenade over to the pair of Autos closest to her, alraedy jinking away from them for some cover::
[21:20] <@Gabriel> +com+ This is the damndest thing. My NNet has rerouted some of the hydraulic feeds around the damage. Zealot's got partial restoration of function.
[21:20] <@Gabriel> +com+ Erinyes, get by me and I'll cover your six.
[21:26] <@Marshall> ::tosses a grenade down the alley:: Catch this one you asshole.
01[21:26] <@Savant> The auto catches the grenade midair - with a bullet.
01[21:28] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::Scrambles towards Marshall, leaping forward as if to grapple with the Gear::
01[21:32] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::Begins blasting away pell-mell at Marshall as it advances like an angry crab::
[21:33] <@Marshall> ::ducks, then falls and skitters away and quickly as he can:: +com+ Ag. Help!
01[21:36] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::A Sleca leaps form the treetop and onto Marshall's chest - it slides off just as quickly, scraping along the black coating::
[21:37] <@Caelin> ::hmms a bit as he watchs reports coming in from the gears' performance, he especially takes notice of Tynes':: no one told me the gears were capable of self repairing
01[21:37] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::It fires its grapnel directly into Castle's face, scrambling for purchase::
[21:40] <@Marshall> ::claws and fights with his bare hands::
01[21:42] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::Another drone emerges, blasting away at the melee. the shots ping against Castle's hull angrily::
03[21:42] * Jester|BRB (~jester@12.187.133.130) has joined #bt05
03[21:42] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester|BRB
02[21:43] * @Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.130) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Jester|BRB)))
03[21:43] * Jester|BRB is now known as Gabriel
01[21:44] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::*another* one emerges, firing behind its kin. The shots rattle his armour to the point where it seems a constant clanging on his hull::
[21:45] <@Marshall> ::grabs his vibroblade and prepares to take revenge on his many close range attackers::
[21:50] <@Gabriel> ::watches the insane amount of fire in front of him, idly wondering how in the name of hell an armiger survives all of this::
01[21:50] <@Savant> More come up from the ground and fromt he prolific cover. Three of them, touched and blackened by the ABM blast of moments ago, unload a withering hail of fire at Birkin.::
[21:50] <@Birkin> ::spies the up and coming drones and smirks a little bit, dodging out of the way for all of the attacks coming at him except the last one which nearly lands on him::
[21:54] <@Roland> +com+ Just let me take care of this straggler heeeere... ::blasts the remaining north auto with the LPLC before rounding the building corner and roaring in towards Tynes:: ...coming in.
[21:54] <@Roland> ::bears down on the group assaulting Marshall:: +com+ Lang -- Don't. Fucking. Move.
01[21:55] <@Savant> Rocket contrails bloom up from above, slamming around the Talons. Roland charges into a brutal, mechanized melee.
[21:56] <@Marshall> +com+ Help. Me.
[22:01] <@Roland> ::grips his controllers a little bit tighter, then goes to work -- he empties what remains of his rocket pack into the drones that are almost crawling over Marshall::
[22:02] <@Marshall> ::holds very still and breathes very slowly::
01[22:06] <@Savant> Rolands' reply is just as withering, and a lot brighter. His rockets, dummies that they are, still drop an impressive array of fire into the Autos around Marshall, yet somehow leave him unharmed.
[22:06] <@Roland> ::as the rockets splash against the drones and ignites them in a series of small individual bonfires, the LAAC he's carrying revs up and begins spitting out bullets::
01[22:12] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::From the viewing room, the General raises an eyebrow::
[22:12] <@Gabriel> +com+ Nice job, people! Now let's move the football down the field!
[22:12] <@Caelin> ::looks over at general kogmund::what do you think so far sir?
[22:13] <@Detro> ::readies a few surprises for the autos in front of him::
01[22:13] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> They're very unconventional.
[22:13] <@Birkin> ::grins at the auto's as they come up on him:: +com+ Delgado and Detro. Prepare to open up.
01[22:13] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[22:14] <@Savant> Well done folks! You've done very well, and i think you'lldo well in the following bit.
01[22:14] <@Savant> we'll skip right to experience, because it's late.
01[22:14] <@Savant> point one is for teamwork. please tell me about it
[22:15] <@Gabriel> "Not a creature was stirring, except for four assholes moving in two-by-two cover formation." Wink
[22:15] <@Detro> ::smirk::
[22:15] <@Detro> Die Hard?
[22:15] <@Birkin> Hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle.
01[22:15] <@Savant> I think that sums it well.
[22:15] <@Gabriel> Yep.
01[22:16] <@Savant> point two is for storyline. what have you learned about the storyline?
[22:16] <@Detro> They're *everywhere*.
01[22:17] <@Savant> charlie's in the trees
01[22:20] <@Savant> discussions on Skype lead me to believe that you kind of know what's going on
[22:21] <@Gabriel> This is quite interesting from a "training armiger pilot" perspective, too.
[22:21] <@Gabriel> I doubt an armiger pilot is expected to shoot even once, during all of this. They're expected to do the Sam Fisher thing through here.
01[22:21] <@Savant> yeah, i'm hoping this give you a view of what the battlefield is like; though at the same time this is *not* the typical battlefield.
06[22:21] * @Savant nods
01[22:21] <@Savant> Armigers control Autos.
[22:21] <@Gabriel> Think about our "objective": deliver a nuke intended to kill everything here.
[22:21] <@Gabriel> No pussy-footing around killing 'em one at a time. Wink
[22:22] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Conscious decision on our part, though. There's no way everyone could have made all the Stealth checks needed.
06[22:22] * @Savant nods
[22:22] <@Gabriel> We had to play to OUR strengths, not theirs.
[22:23] <@Gabriel> Yep. We chose the battlefield.
01[22:23] <@Savant> their strength is Stealth and a whole assload of expendables. Your strengths are being able to blow up things really really fast Wink
01[22:23] <@Savant> "cautious is for other people."
03[22:23] * Retrieving #BT05 modes...
03[22:23] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session. "Cautious is for other people"'
[22:23] <@Gabriel> Eh, we can be cautious. We've proven it often enough.
01[22:24] <@Savant> that's two points for that. Three for combat. *not* dangerous combat, though, because it's training.
[22:24] <@Gabriel> But the point here was to demonstrate our abilities. I think we've succeeded in that already, no matter what happens next week.
01[22:24] <@Savant> you have, yes.
01[22:24] <@Savant> so that's three points in total, and well done.
01[22:24] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
03[18:30] * Farrell is now known as Detro
[18:30] <@Detro> ::Attn::
03[18:30] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
03[18:30] * Marcy is now known as Marshall
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
03[18:30] * Prescot (~shadow_fj@74-61-136-236.bel.clearwire-dns.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
03[18:30] * Fraser is now known as Roland
03[18:30] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
01[18:30] <@Savant> Hello and welcome to yet another exciting episode of the Black Talons. What are the haps? Are we up for explosions and destruction tonight?
01[18:31] <@Savant> we have no Itzbomb, we have no Jesterfence.
[18:31] <@Caelin> booo
01[18:31] <@Savant> boo-urns
[18:31] <@Roland> Where are said losers?
01[18:31] <@Savant> they are out. losing.
[18:31] <@Birkin> Are they going to appear at some point in time or are they gone for the night?
[18:31] <@Caelin> "i was saying boo-urns...."
01[18:32] <@Savant> I have not heard form either.
03[18:32] * Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.147) has joined #bt05
03[18:32] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
[18:32] <@Roland> Jester said he'd be bac...
[18:32] <@Detro> There's a Jesterfence, growing 'monst the weeds.
01[18:32] <@Savant> hey, a jesterfence.
[18:32] <@Gabriel> Actually, if this particular combat game is proving anything, it's that I'm scarier on offense than defense. Wink
01[18:33] <@Savant> That remains to be seen Wink the maptool is up, please log in.
01[18:33] <@Savant> also, please fire up your Skype engines.
[18:33] <@Caelin> Skype Engines online
[18:34] <@Detro> "initiating 'getting the hell on skype' maneuver"
[18:34] <@LrdVampyre> my skype is up and running
01[18:34] <@Savant> so you're in, Dave? Drop a token on the map somewhere behind the group there.
[18:35] <@Roland> Bring me ammo.
[18:35] <@Roland> I have no rockets and minimal LAAC ammo remaining. LPLC only. Wink
[18:35] <@Detro> Moar ABMs plz. (j/k)
[18:35] <@Roland> Unless I tear the LRP off of a dead drone. Can I do that? Wink
01[18:35] <@Savant> sure can, if you feel like lobbing them at things in hopes that they explode Wink
[18:36] <@Gabriel> Eh, this should be the point at which Roland goes into full-tilt boogie sword mode. Wink
[18:36] <@Caelin> it'd probably take a few rounds to make sure they'll fit in your launcher, then reload it if they do
[18:36] <@Marshall> ::checks his ammo::
[18:36] <@Roland> ::ignites the rocket motors like Tom Hanks activated the mortars in Saving Private Ryan::
[18:37] <@Roland> Psh. I wouldn't put them in my launcher. I'd just tear the launcher off the drone and use it like a gun. Wink
01[18:37] <@Savant> they.. don't really fire that way Wink
[18:37] <@Birkin> pull on wires
[18:37] <@Birkin> something will make it fire
[18:38] <@Detro> Use a genre point to be able to fire it.
[18:38] <@Detro> There's one for using things in creative ways as I recall.
01[18:38] <@Savant> okay. I am going to brief you now. It is remarkably the same briefing as last week Smile
01[18:38] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[18:38] <@Savant> Morning of 19 December, 462 UC (30AUT46)
01[18:38] <@Savant> New Troy, Golan Mountains, Central Sumer
01[18:38] <@Savant> 17 degrees C, indoors. Low radiation levels.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Now for the REAL diplomacy. You have been given the opportunity to demonstrate your Gears of war to the Trojans and show them what benefits these machines may have in their army - basis for deeper trade and co-operation in the future.
01[18:38] <@Savant> This battleground, set up in an abandoned mine cavern, is the final trial of a young Armiger before gaining credibility in the eyes of his peers. Be sure that you will be watched and judged - every Armiger watching has done this course and knows it intimately. How you fare here will determine the politics between the City and TErra Nova more deeply than any diplomacy.
01[18:38] <@Savant> The time has come to prove your mettle. The time has come to show these Utopian moles what constitutes a *real* machine of war. No hiding for Terra Nova - no sticking your head in the sand and lobbing nukes like cowards. Time to show them how you kicked the Earthers off of Terranova over twenty cycles ago.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:38] <@Roland> ack
[18:38] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:38] <@Detro> ack
[18:39] <@Caelin> ack
[18:39] <@Marshall> ack
[18:39] <@LrdVampyre> ack
03[18:39] * LrdVampyre is now known as Mel
01[18:39] <@Savant> well done. Questions now. And I have alcohol to fetch.
01[18:42] <@Savant> and we have booze, and Skype.
01[18:43] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:43] <@Savant> Dust hangs in the air throughout the sloped cavern of the training grounds. Secondary explosions ripple through the rubble and false buildings and bombed-out walls. Black Gears advance through the smoke and haze and still forms of Autos. More shapes flit through the gloom ahead.
[18:48] <@Caelin> ::links up with another drone in hiding and waits in ambush::
01[18:49] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ So, we're going? ::Guns the engine and scarpers forward past Marshall's scrum, shooting into the drones on her left::
[18:59] <@Gabriel> +com+ Indeed, we're going. Let's clear a path. ::lights off a second ABM right down the middle::
[18:59] <@Gabriel> ::once it's launched, gets moving again, using both arms to hop over a nearby wall and into cover against the building and in amongst some auto debris::
[19:04] <@Caelin> ::sighs as his link with the sleca auto goes dead::
[19:09] <@Roland> ::vaults over the ledge in front of him as he goes by, using his Vibrorapier as a pole vault that spears through the flaming drone on the other side as he comes down, the arc taking him over the drone and back onto the ground where he continues to roll along, drawing the LPLC::
01[19:09] <@Savant> The airburst missile detonates down in the distance, and the results are difficult to see. Dust shakes off of the roof and there's a brief rumble, but otherwise there's only dimness and smoke.
[19:11] <@Roland> ::the laser opens up, annihilating the drone in a shower of sparks as he tracks to the next drone he can see and fires again over the walls between him and it::
01[19:12] <@Savant> Roland follows up Red team, scouring the Autos along the way in his particularily violent idiom.
01[19:16] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Juno's Gear takes a pattering of shells across the back, and immediately begins zig-zagging across the field:: Ow!
01[19:18] <@Savant> More Autos come out of the woodworks, all of them letting loose on poor Juno.
01[19:23] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Ah - I think I found some more! ::dodges in behind a broken pillar::
[19:24] <@Birkin> ::blinks as several autos come straight for him, dodges out of the way::
[19:26] <@Gabriel> +com+ Hades, mind the little one to your right!
01[19:26] <@Savant> Birkin gets the same treatment as Juno does, though muck closer - he's swarmed by a cluster of Autos, with one smaller one huddling in the shadows just beside him....
[19:28] <@Caelin> ::smiles as the next one he takes control of the drone attacking birkin::
[19:29] <@Birkin> ::spies the drone as it just about leaps on his back and shoves it out of the way, pausing for a moment before having to do it yet again:: Get away you peice of shit!
[19:29] <@Caelin> ::controls the sleca and starts clawing up the black mamba's leg::
[19:31] <@Caelin> ::after a bit of struggling his drone loses grip and falls back to the ground::
01[19:37] <@Savant> The littlest Auto that Could almost seems angry as Hades manages to shove it away; it recoils on its powerful four hind legs and leaps forward to try again
[19:41] <@Detro> ::as Birkin clears the grapple, he throws a grenade in his wake::
[19:42] <@Caelin> ::loses signal from the drone just as he was about to make another jump at birkin:: bah!
[19:43] <@Birkin> ::decides not to waste his HRP's and instead MAC's down the two remaining autos as they attack::
[19:43] <@Gabriel> +com+ Uchiwa, give me an active scan.
[19:44] <@Detro> +com+ ::clicks in response, and sends yet another active sensor burst into the darkness::
01[19:44] <@Savant> Between the massive grenade explosion and the autocannon, the drones threatening Blue team are.. .dealt with. They flop over expressively before walking off to the penalty box.
[19:44] <@Birkin> ::gives the auto's a thumbs up as they pass by::
01[19:45] <@Savant> 5Sleca Recon Drone> ::returns Birkin's gesture with something similar::
[19:55] <@Mel> ::rolls in, Bonaparte bouncing down the road, sliding around the corner, cannon letting off two bursts into the northern drones::
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::from the skybox, Scildfreja seems unimpressed somehow:: Are they just going to kill *everything*?
01[19:56] <@Savant> Bonaparte is the icing on a particularily delicious cake of destruction. Its shells, though light on Terranova, are particularily heavy here.
[19:57] <@Caelin> ::gives freja a slight smirk:: well that would be a good idea against the terrans
[19:57] <@Gabriel> +com+ Spooks, scout the north road, please.
[19:57] <@Gabriel> ::gets ready to break from cover::
01[19:58] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::While zigging left and zagging right:: +com+ You got it papa bear! Hoo, thanks for the backup, Bonaparte!
[19:59] <@Gabriel> +com+ Red Team, make sure to spot for the heavy stuff behind us.
01[20:00] <@Savant> Juno lights up a few more Autos; there seems a never-ending steam of them, as if they were numbered as the stones of the ravine.
[20:02] <@Mel> +com+ Welcome Juno...always here to help out
[20:03] <@Caelin> ::adds::what they're trying to do is storm through to the goal, they consider everything hostile as a threat and needs to neutralize it, it slows them down a bit, plus it wears on their ammunition
01[20:03] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::grumbles:: *i* didn't pass it that way...
[20:04] <@Marshall> +com+ Target Designated.
[20:05] <@Gabriel> ::charges after Juno and Marshall, pulling out his hand-held LMG as he does so::
[20:06] <@Detro> +com+ How shi sung chung, everyone... ::Grins as he moves to a better firing position to bring his own ABM launcher into play::
[20:06] <@Gabriel> ::braces the LMG against his left forearm and sprays fire across the drones north of him::
[20:08] <@Caelin> ::pats freja on the shoulder, then takes control of another drone:: i didn't either
[20:09] <@Gabriel> ::grins as his very first bullet knocks out a sensor eye, then just sprays away wildly mostly for fun::
[20:15] <@Gabriel> ::the grin goes away as a damned FOREST of drones appears on his right flank:: +com+ Uchiwa, a little help here!
01[20:15] <@Savant> Just then a cluster of Autos emerge from the south of Red Team as they advance. They start firing almost immediately, slamming into Juno's Gear
01[20:16] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Hears the clatter of shells against the side of her Gear and dives for cover:: +com+ damnit, under fire!
[20:16] <@Detro> ::reaches a save spot and fires off the ABM::
[20:16] <@Detro> <<safe, not save>>
02[20:24] * @Caelin (~scotty@s013.isp.ca) Quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
[20:30] <@Mel> ::rolls forward again, bringing supporting fire for Juno::
03[20:31] * Caelin (~scotty@s013.isp.ca) has joined #BT05
02[20:31] * @Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.147) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Jester)))
03[20:33] * Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.147) has joined #bt05
03[20:33] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
03[20:35] * Detro sets mode: +o Caelin
01[20:36] <@Savant> The Autos don't see it coming. They surge forward, Juno's Gear cringes as if protecting itself with its arms, rifles whine and shells start to patter out.... and then that entire wing of the cavern erupts in simulated explosions.
[20:36] <@Gabriel> +com+ Well done, Bonaparte. Still alive up there, Spooks?
[20:37] <@Mel> +com+ Roger sir
01[20:37] <@Savant> Shells shudder into the ground with enough impact as to make the ground shake - and these are training shells. A cluster of Autos, practically ethe entire combat force, can be seen slinking away up to their holding pen through the dust and smoke.
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Guh! I'm under fire, I'm - ... I'm not taking fire. All clear. High fives boney!
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::raises his other eyebrow::
[20:39] <@Caelin> ::stands and makes for the door:: i need to go for a walk
[20:39] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: +com+ Blue Team, cut the corner and get moving. It's still pretty crowded up here.
01[20:39] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> +com+ Caelin, go and give them your congratulations.
[20:39] <@Caelin> ::nods:: yessir.
[20:40] <@Mel> ::raises an eyebrow at Juno calling Bonaparte "Boney"::
01[20:44] <@Savant> more Autos come clambering out of the stones, some limping and others coated with "paint" that looks like fire in your trideo goggles, but they're all still kicking. The last few start to unleash rockets upon the unfortunate Lead Gears
01[20:45] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Caught by surprise by the attacks and subsequent demolitions to the south, she's unprepared by the attack in front of her. The rockets hit her square on:: Uagh!
[20:49] <@Gabriel> +com+ Hades, if you're not too busy with tiny threats behind, we could use some help forward as well.
[20:52] <@Roland> ::revs his engine and punches it, roaring past Bonaparte -- nonchalantly he holsters the vibroblade and draws the hand cannon, blasting the nearer, damaged drone with it followed by an LPLC blast at the remaining undamaged drone to the north:: +com+ So this is the plan for Utopia, yeah? Blow the fuck out of everything with rolling thunder?
[20:52] <@Birkin> +com+ Yes sir. Tiny Threats neutralized now going for the big threats ::trains on the two autos moving towards and lets out two quick shots with his MAC::
[20:53] <@Mel> ::watches as Roland squeezes past::
[20:53] <@Gabriel> +com+ This is a demonstration, not a plan. Remember, Steelgate has a lot of autos. Not like Troy, who doesn't have very many.
[20:53] <@Gabriel> ::lets the ironic implications of THAT settle in::
[20:54] <@Detro> +com+ So long as we're not switching to antimatter ordinance, I have no problem with what we're doing... so far.
[20:54] <@Roland> ::focuses back forward and fires off a second shot with the LPLC with one of the cowering assault autos::
01[20:55] <@Savant> The Talons advance under a hail of fire - letting out even more than they're taking. The amount of fire they're sending out into the field is disgusting, and clears the way for them.
01[21:06] <@Savant> Birkin rolls headlong into a claymore as he advances. It explodes very convincingly.
[21:06] <@Birkin> ::spies the claymore just as he comes up to it and moves out of the way::
[21:11] <@Gabriel> ::follows Juno up the middle, loosing the third and last of his first clip of ABMs into the treeline::
01[21:15] <@Savant> A laser from inside the trees *shoots down* Gabriel's ABM. It explodes in midair, sending paint droplets everywhere.
[21:16] <@Gabriel> +com+ Some heavier drones in the trees, Talons. Keep alert. You in particular, Spooks.
[21:17] <@Gabriel> +com+ Let's use the cover a bit more in the courtyard.
01[21:18] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ You don't have to tell me twice, papa bear!
[21:26] <@Marshall> ::lets loose a hail of autocannon fire, then ducks back down and fires again::
01[21:29] <@Savant> Marshall jinks left and right, dogging around the form of a metal tree. He fires as he moves, snapping at the few injured Autos in his view. They don't survive his assault.
[21:32] <@Gabriel> ::sees... something out of the corner of his eye, and immediately jinks left, then right::
[21:33] <@Caelin> ::from an unknown perch, Caelin takes a target in his sights and squeezes the trigger before moving away::
01[21:34] <@Savant> A trio of shells slam into Zealot as if from out of nowhere. They don't puncture the armour, but the Gear is screaming at Tynes about the attack and several armour points in his HUD flash yellow.
[21:35] <@Gabriel> +com+ I'm under sniper fire here, Talons.
[21:40] <@Roland> +com+ Cleanup crew, aisle one. ::the hand cannon and LPLC belch again::
[21:43] <@Detro> +com+ Bet the sniper's in those woods south. ::checks for a route to where he could donate an ABM::
[21:49] <@Mel> ::rolls up, drone bay opening and a Wasp emerging as the cannon lets off another shot::
[21:49] <@Marshall> ::ducks and jinks out of the way::
[21:49] <@Birkin> +com+ Blue team, coming up on objective. Prepare for heavy resistance.
[21:51] <@Gabriel> +com+ Change of plans, Talons. Both teams, cut left once you hit the courtyard.
01[21:51] <@Savant> A few more Autos spill out as the Talons make their approach to the forested courtyard; they swarm over towards Marshall. After one of those Slecas comes charging out and spits at Castle, the Gear is on fire.
[21:53] <@Detro> +com+ ::resists for a bit... but for once, follows orders and clicks an acknowledgement::
[21:53] <@Gabriel> ::blinks as Castle catches fire:: +com+ And be careful. It's getting a little hot up here.
01[21:54] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Juno's Gear neatly freaks out with seeing Marshall's Gear on fire:: Down, boy!
[21:54] <@Marshall> Wah! +com+ A Little!?!
01[21:54] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:56] <@Savant> so let's dole out some expees here! We'll talk in Skype but I would like to see things mirrored here for posterity Wink
[21:56] <@Birkin> mm
[21:56] <@Birkin> expees
01[21:56] <@Savant> one for teamwork. Give me some good, solid examples of teamwork. Specific examples.
01[21:56] <@Savant> who did best, who did worst?
[21:57] <@Detro> Blue team clearing the southern pincher
[21:57] <@Marshall> The ABM + Double VLFG shots
01[21:58] <@Savant> i want moooore
[21:58] <@Birkin> The entire team worked well. One advances, does FwdObs and the others knock em down. We brought Boneparte in to help with the power overwhelming factor
[21:58] <@Detro> Roland and Mel on cleanup
[21:58] <@Birkin> And Roland being a precision clean up tool
[21:59] <@Mel> saving Juno a couple of times
01[22:00] <@Savant> Juno> Thank you boney Smile
01[22:02] <@Savant> that's one for teamwork. Let's see one for Storyline. What have you learned at all today?
[22:02] <@Birkin> freaking lasers with freaking autos that can knock out ABMs
[22:02] <@Birkin> and probably my rockets
[22:03] <@Detro> Drones tend to deploy in massed groups.
[22:03] <@Detro> And thus it's best to hit them while they're still grouped up. At least at this scale.
[22:05] <@Detro> It IS possible to make a Utopian raise both eyebrows.
[22:07] <@Caelin> new image for everyone, a sleca teabagging a kill:)
[22:07] <@Detro> And maybe we'll go down in history as having "hacked" this "Kobayashi Maru"?
01[22:08] <@Savant> That's two for you. I would give three, but this is a training excersize.
[22:08] <@Marshall> Hacked, slashed, and exploded
01[22:08] <@Savant> again, I'm holding the optional questions until the end of the mission, at which point we get them all.
[22:09] <@Detro> And now, a moment of silence for the paint that has so valliantly laid down its life so that we may cause carnage.
01[22:09] <@Savant> Two points. Well done everyone Smile
01[22:09] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +o Caelin
[18:30] <@Caelin> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Delgado> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
[18:31] <@Detro> ::Attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> good evening and welocme to yet another exciting episode of the Black Talons! I'm your host
[18:31] <@Mel> ::attn::
03[18:31] * Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.145) has joined #bt05
03[18:31] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
01[18:31] <@Savant> Tonight we will be concluding our scuffle in the mine shafts, and likely you will prove yourselves to the Utopian militocracy.
01[18:32] <@Savant> we will be using the MAptool and Skype tonight. Also, Fraser will either be late or absent.
01[18:32] <@Savant> so you have an appropriate point man.
[18:32] <@Gabriel> "Gears are way more awesome than Armigers. You can tell because they're much, much bigger."
[18:32] <@Caelin> <evil>he will be the first to die!</evil>
01[18:33] <@Savant> Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is Dumb.
01[18:33] <@Savant> I am waiting on Jake to get into Skype.
[18:33] <@Mel> so...does that make tanks more awesome than gears?
[18:33] <@Birkin> wait no longer
[18:33] <@Detro> "Don't forget his battle cry!" "Oh, right. ::monotone:: 'Blood, death, and vengence.'"
01[18:38] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[18:38] <@Savant> Morning of 19 December, 462 UC (30AUT46)
01[18:38] <@Savant> New Troy, Golan Mountains, Central Sumer
01[18:38] <@Savant> 17 degrees C, indoors. Low radiation levels.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Now for the REAL diplomacy. You have been given the opportunity to demonstrate your Gears of war to the Trojans and show them what benefits these machines may have in their army - basis for deeper trade and co-operation in the future.
01[18:38] <@Savant> This battleground, set up in an abandoned mine cavern, is the final trial of a young Armiger before gaining credibility in the eyes of his peers. Be sure that you will be watched and judged - every Armiger watching has done this course and knows it intimately. How you fare here will determine the politics between the City and TErra Nova more deeply than any diplomacy.
01[18:38] <@Savant> The time has come to prove your mettle. The time has come to show these Utopian moles what constitutes a *real* machine of war. No hiding for Terra Nova - no sticking your head in the sand and lobbing nukes like cowards. Time to show them how you kicked the Earthers off of Terranova over twenty cycles ago.
01[18:38] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:38] <@Marshall> ack
[18:38] <@Birkin> ack
[18:38] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:38] <@Detro> ack
[18:38] <@Delgado> ack
[18:38] <@Mel> ack
01[18:40] <@Savant> excellent. questions? skype me.
01[18:40] <@Savant> then let's be off.
01[18:41] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:43] <@Caelin> ::moves off under the cover of darkness and his active camo::
[18:43] <@Mel> ::begins to look at the sensor readouts from the Wasp, hoping to spot any hidden units::
01[18:43] <@Savant> The Talons have managed to make most of the way to their objective, most of hte way up the sloping hill to the "building" where they need to drop off their payload. Chances are it will be a difficult final journey, however.
01[18:44] <@Savant> Spiny metal forests and heaping mounds of "buildings" are int he way, and amongst them is certainly hidden an army of super-stealthy Autos ready to tear apart the unsuspecting.
[18:44] <@Birkin> +com+ Blue team, home stretch. Sous-Sergent I want you to give me active sensors as soon as we make it up to the northern path.
[18:44] <@Detro> ::looks for an opening through the ground littered with "dead" drones::
[18:45] <@Birkin> +com+ Doc. Stay on my ass.
[18:46] <@Delgado> +com+ Will do. ::flips comms off before muttering:: Like I'd take point in this hellhole...
[18:47] <@Gabriel> +com+ All teams, cut north through the courtyard. Use the buildings for cover. We've got a sniper, and he's probably up high.
[18:47] <@Gabriel> +com+ Uchiwa, Spooks, see if you can spot him.
[18:47] <@Detro> ::sends out another sensor ping, staying in line with blue team as they draft around the corners::
[18:49] <@Detro> New contact, bearing 135, close to the objective.
[18:49] <@Detro> <<+com+ that>>
03[18:49] * dakabn (~dakabn@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #bt05
03[18:49] * ChanServ sets mode: +v dakabn
[19:04] <@Detro> ::as the rockets pound around them, he takes a few grazing hits, but nothing serious::
[19:05] <@Delgado> ::dodges like there was no tomorrow::
[19:06] <@Birkin> Whoa! ::moves out of the way, having a few hits graze across him::
01[19:06] <@Savant> FRom behind a wall further up the hill, right beside the objective, a flurry of smoke erupts, and rockets come pouring down upon Blue Team.
[19:07] <@Marshall> ::grabs the vibroblade and charges forward::
[19:09] <@Marshall> ::stabby stabby stabby::
01[19:09] <@Savant> 5Drone> *beep* augh! You have bested me. ::falls over::
01[19:12] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::zips ahead:: +com+ Got some hot spots! Could someone take care of this bug beside me, here?
[19:13] <@Birkin> ::blinks as he sees the information coming back to him:: +com+ I spy with my little eye. Three Arimgers down near the courtyard.
01[19:14] <@Savant> MArshall turns a corner to see a larger, bulbous Auto; it's like a praying mantis with a bulbous body and long, slim neck and head. Spindly stabbing scythes hang around its sides, and it seems very upset at MArshall
[19:17] <@Gabriel> ::slows just a bit, drawing his pistol and firing on the drone spotter on Juno's flank::
[19:17] <@Marshall> ::jump duck::
[19:19] <@Gabriel> ::holsters the pistol and hops over the wall near the corpse, reloading the arm-mounted ABM:: +com+ Zealot is reloading. Someone find me a nice sweet target. I think we need to end this with a bang. Twice.
[19:20] <@Gabriel> Roland> +com+ I do so dislike leaving anything alive in my wake. ::looks over his shoulder and ends the potential spotter nearby with his LPLC::
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::zooms past Gabriel's wrecked target:: +com+ Thanks big bear! I - hey look, it's Caelin! ::waves at the Armigers::
[19:21] <@Delgado> +com+ Don't wave at him, shoot him in the face.
[19:26] <@Mel> ::shifts a stick and lets the Wasp zip ahead and up, watching the readout for targets::
01[19:26] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ But he's our host, that's just not polite, right?
[19:27] <@Delgado> +com+ He's not here to invite us to tea. He's trying to kill us. Kill him back.
01[19:33] <@Savant> The video footage from the Wasp is not encouraging. It sees a veritable hive of Autos, each one beefy enough to take on a GEar on its own. Each of them is huddled into a prepared position, dug into the gravel and half buried in the rock, as if it were an ant hive with a hundred metal ants jutting out.
[19:35] <@Mel> ::rolls Bonaparte forward, barrell raising and thunder echoes througout as it fires another round into the sky::
01[19:41] <@Savant> The shot impacts terribly, and the Wasp loses sight of its targets as the cloud of smoke fills the area. A few drones flop and stumble out of the damage areas.
[19:41] <@Caelin> ::takes control off one of the light autos and takes a shot to end the wasp::
01[19:45] <@Savant> The Wasp takes the shell, but it *takes* it. Owch. It stays in the air, wobbling erratically.
[19:47] <@Gabriel> +com+ Zealot's reloaded. Someone take out that anti-missile unit.
[19:48] <@Mel> ::grimaces slightly as the video feed from the Wasp flickers nasty from the impact and then smiles and radioes in the co-ordinates of a couple of targets::
01[19:48] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ Which one, papa bear?
[19:53] <@Birkin> +com+ Doc. That fat ugly peice of shit ahead of me. Put one into it.
[19:55] <@Delgado> ::mutters something about him being optimistic before replying:: +com+ Firing.
[19:55] <@Gabriel> ::braces his left arm against the wall in front of him and aims the arm-mounted launcher at the sky::
[19:56] <@Detro> ::snaps a shot off from his autocannon at a drone in the trees ahead, more to get it to dodge than hit::
[19:58] <@Delgado> ::takes a deep breath then locks on target and 'shoots from the hip' as she goes flying at the auto like a bat out of hell::
[19:59] <@Birkin> ::rounds the corner just after Delagdo and puts another shot into big fat auto:: +com+ Nice shooting doc.
01[20:00] <@Savant> The two Talons, working together, corner the ting, which begins backpedalling intot he alley. Their shots tear into its turreted hips and turn several of its legs into dragging scraps of metal.
[20:01] <@Delgado> ::feels a thrill of excitement and satisfaction as her efforts, combined with Birkin, take out the auto::
01[20:02] <@Savant> 5Drone> *beep* oh no I am cornered.
[20:03] <@Gabriel> Roland> ::hops over the wall, heading for the trees, draws and fires on the cornered Scytera::
01[20:03] <@Savant> Roland finishes what Delgado and Birkin started. The defeated Auto hangs its head low (quite literally) and scuttles away.
[20:04] <@Caelin> ::sends a message to the skybox::
[20:05] <@Gabriel> Roland> ::then draws the hand cannon with his other hand and begins Gun-Gear-Kata on the nearby LAs::
[20:06] <@Caelin> +com+I believe here comes the fireworks, General
[20:06] <@Gabriel> Roland> ::holsters his sidearm and dives into the trees::
01[20:07] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> +com+ Do what you can, Caelin. The guard is still ready and waiting.
01[20:08] <@Savant> The poor Light Autos have little to do but die. They scuttle through the rocks towards their penalty box, which is quite full.
[20:09] <@Gabriel> ::calmly:: +com+ Fire in the hole.
[20:09] <@Gabriel> ::as Senator Ted Stevens would say, empties the tubes::
[20:18] <@Mel> ::watches the readout come back from the Wasp's sensors as the ABM goes off::
[20:21] <@Caelin> ::dodges 2 of the captain's missile shots and takening the brunt of the blast fairly well::
01[20:28] <@Savant> Gabriel unleashes a torrent of fire out onto the field of combat, and the results are horrific. The entire expanse of cavern at the head of the run is engulfed in sparks and smoke, and the simulated explosion is tremendous. Few of them come out unscathed.
01[20:30] <@Savant> Almost simultaneously, Marshall swerves around a corner and headlong into the explosion of a proximity mine.
02[20:31] * @Delgado (~sindari@76.20.0.97) Quit (Quit: [22:00] <Savant> i'm like a magnet for fucktards. I emit an electroretardation field. Attracts stupid.)
03[20:32] * Birkin sets mode: +o Itz|Away
03[20:32] * Itz|Away is now known as Delgado
[20:33] <@Gabriel> +com+ Keep the pressure on, Red team.
01[20:34] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> +com+ ::humming to herself:: Undah presshah!
[20:37] <@Gabriel> +com+ Remember, Talons, anyone on the north side can spot for that southern group.
[20:38] <@Marshall> ::unleashes a volley of rockets and autocannon at everything he can see::
01[20:39] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::Sullenly joins its companions on their way to the penalty box. There are perhaps two dozen of them in a big cluster, and a trickle of other ones moving along in a stream ahead and behind.::
01[20:42] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::skips to her feet and leaps onto a "wall", clambering up to the rooftop:: +com+ Hey, Castle, look out for that popper on the other side of the courtyard!
[20:42] <@Marshall> +com+ Gotcha. Thanks J.
03[20:45] * Fraser (~fdeziel@CPE001839bd1335-CM001692fade4c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #bt05
03[20:45] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
[20:45] <@Mel> ::the Wasp moves forward, selecting a target before dropping to the ground in cover; Bonaparte rolls up and launches another shell::
01[20:52] <@Savant> Bonaparte sets down a hail of fire the likes of which ... are exactly par for the course given the recent bombardment. Few of the machines survive the engagement.
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::in the skybox, the General crosses his arms and frowns at his screens::
[20:59] <@Fraser> ::doesn't waste time in pushing forward as ABMs and Artillery shells drop around him -- he rolls around a tree and immediately spears one of the drones still alive through the forward optics with the vibrorapier, pushing the thing backwards as a shield as he fires over it with the LPLC into the one remaining drone in front of him::
01[21:00] <@Savant> One can almost hear the high energy orchestral music swelling as Roland leaps into the trees and emerges moments later with only a pair of sullen looking and defeated Autos skulking away to the penalty box behind him.
01[21:03] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::looks to his drone controllers:: Armigers, pull your Autotroop from the field. I've seen enough. Let them deal with the Guard.
01[21:04] <@Savant> The Autos begin pulling away, off of the field - the damaged ones lose their limps, and they all head off to the penalty box. The way seems clear. Is it?
[21:08] <@Gabriel> +com+ Red team, blue team, form up. Bonaparte, find a good parking place and stand by for general bombardment.
[21:11] <@Gabriel> +com+ Give me four shots into the central courtyard. Blanket the area. Talons, watch for secondary explosions.
[21:12] <@Detro> ::revs Uchiwa's engine and blasts ahead, the tight corridor leading north too close for comfort -- a kill zone if anything could spot there... checking sensors as he goes for the cover of the trees::
[21:17] <@Birkin> +com+ Secondary expolsions spotted. Anyone have a clear line sight?
[21:17] <@Mel> ::pulls Bonaparte to a full stop and looks at the field, selecting a spot:: This looks as good as any a place to drop a shell...::squeezes the trigger and waits::
[21:17] <@Gabriel> +com+ Bonaparte, keep firing. There might be more. Blanket that area. Erinyes, prepare to move through. Spooks, eyes up.
01[21:17] <@Savant> Bonaparte's shell screams upwards and comes down, kicking up rubble and smoke and dust; and Caelin's Armiger complains at him - it stiffens, and suddenly he's carrying two hundred pounds of ceramic and metal.
[21:17] <@Fraser> +com+ ::sees something shimmer and shudder as shrapnel pelts it from behind:: Yeah, I got it. ::revs his engine just that little bit more::
[21:17] <@Caelin> ::was making his way into an ambush position on roland when the artilliary shell flies just over his head and explodes behind him, there wasn't much time to move out of the way::
[21:20] <@Fraser> ::over loudspeaker:: You weren't planning on having children, right?
01[21:20] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> +com+ Look out, he's too fast!
01[21:20] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> >:O
[21:21] <@Caelin> +com+gah the armiger isn't responding fast enough!
[21:22] <@Fraser> ::Erinyes' vibrorapier reaches forth in one clean, clear movement that sends the shimmering blade cleanly between the legs of Caelin's armiger, taking just a little bit of paint off of the suit's metal plating and sending a sort of resonance vibration that rattles throughout its frame::
[21:23] <@Fraser> ::over the loudspeaker:: Oh. Best not to move.
[21:24] <@Caelin> +com+alright alright, i conceed!
[21:25] <@Fraser> ::turns off the rapier and withdraws it carefully -- the larger gear pats the suit on the head:: Good boy. ::waits for Bonaparte to blanket the forward area before pushing forward again::
[21:25] <@Mel> ::shakes her head in amazement at Roland's skill and then changes the arc of her cannon, firing at the bomb zone, placing a shell for maximum effect::
[21:25] <@Detro> ::with the path ahead cleared, Detro moves into position to assist if needed with his ABMs on the final stretch::
[21:26] <@Gabriel> +com+ Red team, Blue team, left slant formation. Bonaparte, continue bombardment.
01[21:26] <@Savant> The Talons approach, their advance unopposed.
[21:27] <@Mel> +com+ Roger ::shifts the targeting slightly and drops more shells into the area to cover the teams' advancement::
[21:27] <@Gabriel> +com+ Spooks, anything else?
[21:27] <@Marshall> ::checks left and right, then moves into a lead position on the formation::
[21:27] <@Birkin> +com+ Blue team will take the lead. Detro bring up the rear and ping the area. Delgado you're with me.
[21:28] <@Mel> ::has the wobbling Wasp pop up and move forward, active pinging::
[21:28] <@Gabriel> ::nods Zealot's head in agreement with Birkin::
01[21:28] <@Savant> Mel's bombardment is convincing, as always. The shells slam into the final area, which is clear of most debris. There are some pillars and other things, and from behind them a few more Auto-Armigers skulk away.
[21:28] <@Fraser> ::starts pinging more actively, without anything to shoot at -- he brings up Erinyes' manipulator and waves the rest of the group forward::
[21:28] <@Delgado> +com+ Still on your ass.
[21:28] <@Detro> ::halts his advance until the others pass, running his sensors hot::
[21:28] <@Birkin> ::turns for a brief moment and blows Delgado a kiss with his gear before he turns back forward::
01[21:30] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::skips off the rooftop and follows along with the rest:: +com+ Caelin, are you okay?
[21:30] <@Mel> ::leans back in the chair, eyes scanning the readouts::
[21:30] <@Delgado> ::ponders flicking Birkin in the back of the head, but decides better::
[21:30] <@Fraser> ::waits for Blue team to roll past him, then follows in behind with the bomb still strapped to his gear's back::
02[21:31] * @Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.145) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[21:31] <@Marshall> ::sweeps, looking around::
[21:31] <@Mel> ::sends a command for the Wasp to return back to Bonaparte and then relaxes a bit::
[21:32] <@Birkin> +com+ Blue team on escort. Let's do this thing. I need a drink.
[21:32] <@Marshall> +com+ Amen to that LT. Right behind ya.
[21:32] <@Caelin> ::shakes his head as he gets up and resets the damage simulator on the armiger and heads for the exit::+com+ i'll be fine
03[21:32] * Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.145) has joined #bt05
03[21:32] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
[21:32] <@Detro> +com+ I think it's appropriate we're ending this mission with something that makes a REALLY big bang. Even if it's not real.
[21:32] <@Detro> +com+ ... it's not real, right?
01[21:33] <@Savant> The objective zone is quiet, uncannily so. There have been a few things to shoot at on the way up, and they've been challenging, but there simply isn't the volume to do anything.
[21:33] <@Gabriel> +com+ ::amused:: One hopes.
[21:33] <@Marshall> +com+ Yes Detro. We just blew up the entire Trojan Army. It's real.
[21:33] <@Birkin> ::takes a look at the bomb itself, seeing if its giving off any rads like a real bomb would::
[21:34] <@Fraser> ::stows his weapons as he rolls into the target area and pulls the 'nuke' off of his back, skidding to a halt in the middle of the building's courtyard and setting it down onto the marked location::
[21:35] <@Detro> ::as last man in, he skates his gear along, canting his torso about to cover his flanks and rear periodically::
[21:35] <@Birkin> ::ducks down at the last second:: +com+ I think that's considered insubordination Doctor.
[21:35] <@Mel> ::shakes her head and simply opens up the vehicle bay to recover the Wasp::
[21:35] <@Delgado> ::casually raises her gun and fires at Birkin as she moves::
01[21:35] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::gets up from her chair in an ahgry huff and hurries off to greet Caelin and make sure he's alright::
[21:35] <@Gabriel> ::stows his own weapons, noting the antics of his team, then deciding to let it pass -- it was, after all very Terra Novan: give a Novan a toy, and of course they'll play with it::
[21:35] <@Detro> ::rolls his eyes but doesn't respond to Marshall's bait::
[21:35] <@Marshall> +com+ Punishable by death. ::blamblamblam::
[21:36] <@Gabriel> ::instead, approaches the skybox and salutes::
[21:36] <@Fraser> +com+ ::brings Erinyes back up after lowering the bomb:: So...do we kick it, shoot it, or what?
[21:37] <@Delgado> ::doesn't even attempt to dodge as she turns her gear and goes full-speed at Marshall, ramming speed::
[21:37] <@Birkin> +com+ Plant it and we can call it good
[21:37] <@Fraser> +com+ Alright, it's good then.
[21:37] <@Birkin> ::turns back at the others:: +com+ Children! Knock it off or I'll volunteer you both to help clean off the mess we made in here
[21:38] <@Gabriel> ::while holding the salute:: +com+ Exercise coordinator, the package is delivered and Talon 05 stands ready for new orders.
[21:38] <@Marshall> ::clotheslines Delgado as she charges him::
[21:38] <@Gabriel> ::grins, hearing the noise behind him:: +com+ ...more or less.
01[21:38] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::watches the ensuing fight, pauses, and then salutes as well::
[21:39] <@Mel> ::pops open the hatch to let in some fresh air and safes the weapon systems on Bonaparte:: +com+ Bonaparte is safe
[21:39] <@Birkin> +com+ And two of our troopers have volunteered to help with the cleaning of all the drones we have hit and the paint here if it is required.
01[21:39] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> +com+ Very impressive, Captain. Please take your troop back into the castle. We will speak there.
[21:39] <@Fraser> ::irrespective of nothing important to do, and not really feeling the need to salute the gondola, Erinyes start doing the running man::
[21:39] <@Marshall> ::pats Delgado on the gear head:: Physician, heal thyself.
[21:39] <@Detro> ::snorts at the sparring, knowing this kind of action could do real damage to the gears:: +com+ If you wreck anything on your gears, I am NOT fixing it up.
[21:39] <@Delgado> +com+ Shove it, Lang.
[21:41] <@Gabriel> ::drops the salute:: +com+ Acknowleged, exercise coordinator. Hades, form 'em up and let's head back to the barn.
[21:41] <@Caelin> ::leaves the exercise area and starts dismounting from the armiger as freja runs up::that was too close for comfort there, i think ill need some ice though
[21:41] <@Fraser> +com+ *Beep*GoadingBreakdancingCommencing*Beep* ::starts an unsophisticated but relatively impressive series of gear dance moves::
[21:41] <@Mel> ::reverses Bonaparte and begins to roll back to the entrance:: Well, that was fun ::she pats the HUD:: It is good to be back in the seat
01[21:42] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> Heofon, he really wound up and hit you hard! ::seems highly concerned as she helps Caelin out of his Armiger::
01[21:42] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:43] <@Birkin> +com+ Alright you party animals form up! Delgado and Marshall, split up and stop slaping each other
01[21:43] <@Savant> well odne everyone! I think that was ample demonstration. Do you figure so?
[21:43] <@Detro> Aye
[21:43] <@Marshall> I protest. I was slapping Delgado but she never touched me =P
[21:44] <@Marshall> Yeah..
01[21:52] <@Savant> Recapping Skype; how can you improve your teamwork and combat effectiveness?
[21:52] <@Birkin> We might want to drop our MAC's for LAAC's
01[21:52] <@Savant> how much LAC ammo have you brought with you?
[21:53] <@Birkin> no idea
[21:53] <@Detro> <Detro> I hate you.
[21:53] <@Birkin> Can't we make that pretty easily?
[21:53] <@Birkin> I never thought we worried much about MAC ammo before
[21:53] <@Gabriel> More people should practice these tactical battles. I'm explaining what I was having the teams do and why but until you've been ass-raped by these tactics yourself, you don't really learn them.
01[21:53] <@Savant> it is not hard. Quite easy if you get an autofac, too.
[21:53] <@Marshall> We still need the new Current Load Excel file put up.
[21:53] <@Gabriel> I was constantly presenting Savant with sets of bad choices.
[21:54] <@Gabriel> But it'd really help to have more people who understand how to do that. Wink
[21:54] <@Fraser> The problem with LAAC is the damage sucks.
[21:54] <@Birkin> their armor sucks
[21:54] <@Birkin> we aren't dealing with jagers or hunters here
01[21:54] <@Savant> their armour is 15 for your average medium auto
[21:54] <@Marshall> I'm trying to make some LAACs with increased range and damage.
[21:54] <@Birkin> that sucks you suck
[21:55] <@Birkin> Yeah, we're looking at ROF
[21:55] <@Birkin> not so much damage
[21:55] <@Birkin> just focus on giving it increased range >Sad
01[21:55] <@Savant> One for teamwork. Two is for storyline. Anyone have anything to say about hte story, what they've learned about Utopia and what's going on here?
[21:56] <@Gabriel> The fact that this battle took place on this kind of field speaks volumes. Volumes.
[21:56] <@Detro> We need strong aerial observers.
[21:56] <@Birkin> We sure didn't do things the honorable way according to Freja and probably New Troy as a whole
[21:56] <@Gabriel> I wasn't thinking Napoleonic. I was thinking WW1 trench warfare.
[21:56] <@Fraser> We also learned that a battle has a large volume of drones. Volumes. Wink
01[21:57] <@Savant> battles are actually often recounted by tonnes, just like battletech.
[21:57] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: But the point I was thinking about is this is the environment they train their agents to work in.
[21:57] <@Detro> ? Fuck tons. I use BV.
01[21:57] <@Savant> this is one of the environments they train in, yes. But not the only one. But yes, it's quite true, and telling - the objective is sort of telling, for sure.
[21:58] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I covered that last week. The Utopian armiger that passes this test gets just as many kills as we did.
[21:58] <@Gabriel> It just takes them slightly longer. Wink
01[21:58] <@Savant> yeah, but they do it with more style.
[21:58] <@Detro> Anyone can wipe out a company of 4/5 gunners/pilots in 100 ton Atlases. Put 1/2 gunner/pilots in there, they'll win.
01[21:59] <@Savant> storyline point win. Three for a combat. And I'll make it four if you can tell me what you want to go do next.
[22:00] <@Gabriel> Next week: Chatting/negotiation, round 2. Week after: Did we give General Eyebrow any ideas? I'll bet we did.
[22:00] <@Detro> Detro will socialize where he can. Make friends and contacts.
[22:01] <@Birkin> Problem with those ideas is if we do that we pretty much give up that we're here
01[22:01] <@Savant> so you want to let the General decide? or do you have any active objectives you'd like to suggest?
[22:01] <@Fraser> Kick. CEF. ASS.
[22:02] <@Mel> not sure what would be good
01[22:03] <@Savant> that will be good enough, I think. That's four points, and well done to you all. Next week we will have a discussion with the General and with the Council. Probably over dinner.
01[22:03] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:30] <@Caelin> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
03[18:31] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[18:31] <@Birkin> ::attn::
03[18:31] * LrdVampyre is now known as Mel
[18:31] <@Mel> ::Attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> Good evening and welcome to yet another exciting episode of the Black Talons! I am your host. I believe we are waiting on one or two people
03[18:31] * Fraser (~nutterbal@CPE001839bd1335-CM001692fade4c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #bt05
03[18:31] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
03[18:31] * Fraser is now known as Roland
01[18:31] <@Savant> There is one.
01[18:32] <@Savant> A few minor points. They are not major.
[18:32] <@Detro> Are they sharp or dull?
01[18:32] <@Savant> First point is that there is a strategic campaign going on Smile I encourage you all to cheer or heckle at your whim.
06[18:33] * @Marshall shoots Prescot.
06[18:33] * @Birkin blocks
01[18:33] <@Savant> Second point, and somewhat of an offshoot - I am starting up a Duelist's League. Think of it osmething like the WWE with giant robots.
[18:34] <@Mel> interesting
01[18:34] <@Savant> http://talons.mcc3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Duelist_Rules <--- these are the rules for building a character
01[18:34] <@Savant> we are making 30 point characters, and they plus their GEar must be under 1000TV.
[18:34] <@Birkin> Dibs on naming my gear "Hulkamania"
[18:34] <@Detro> Dibs on "Optimus Primed"
01[18:34] <@Savant> I encourage you all to play. The games are quick, and they will help deepen your ability to play the tactical end of things. Also, it's ridiculously fun
01[18:35] <@Savant> Gears may be somewhat modified; weapons certianly,a nd some perks may be added or changed.
01[18:35] <@Savant> In any case, we can talk about that later.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Let us instead read from the gospel of Gear:
01[18:36] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[18:36] <@Savant> Late Morning of 19 December, 462 UC (30AUT46)
01[18:36] <@Savant> New Troy, Golan Mountains, Central Sumer
01[18:36] <@Savant> 21 degrees C, indoors. Low radiation levels.
01[18:36] <@Savant> They like you, they really like you! Your demonstration is complete and it appears that the initial reaction is positive - so you surmise. General Kogmunds' tone of voice was fairly impressed as he asked you to attend him in the great halls of Troy's Keep, so no doubt he was surprised by the capacities of your vehicles.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Now, however, will they surrender their own precious technology for it? And what for the role you shall play within the Long War? Hopefully this shall be made clear soon.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:36] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:36] <@Detro> ack
[18:36] <@Roland> ack
01[18:36] <@Savant> and I am ready for questions.
[18:36] <@Marshall> ack
[18:36] <@Mel> ack
[18:37] <@Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:37] <@Roland> The role we will play will be that of 'the awesome ones'
01[18:37] <@Savant> Gabriel?
[18:37] <@Gabriel> To save me the trouble of looking it up, this game takes place X days/hours after last week?
[18:37] <@Marshall> Same day
[18:37] <@Marshall> Well. Same TN day =P
01[18:38] <@Savant> an hour after last week. You've had time to wash up and do a debrief.
[18:38] <@Gabriel> OK, great.
01[18:38] <@Savant> though if you want to do the debrief in game, I would also find that awesome.
[18:38] <@Caelin> ack
01[18:38] <@Savant> do you want to do the debrief in game?
[18:38] <@Gabriel> Hm.
[18:39] <@Gabriel> As amusing as that would be, I feel like we need to advance the story. We've been on story pause for three weeks now.
01[18:39] <@Savant> ok
01[18:39] <@Savant> speaking of - While some of you certainly will have to talk with the bosses here, not all of you do. If you want to go do something, there's nothing stopping you.
01[18:40] <@Savant> they will not let you back out into the Burgeard, but you're free to go back to the city, etc.
01[18:40] <@Savant> so, any further questions?
[18:40] <@Caelin> burgeard?
01[18:40] <@Savant> the castle. Where all the Autos are kept.
01[18:40] <@Savant> big hall of doom.
[18:40] <@Caelin> ahh
[18:40] <@Birkin> dooooooooooooom
01[18:41] <@Savant> seems no more questions. ROLL OUT.
01[18:41] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:41] <@Savant> Troy's Keep is the grand hall that stands in the way of any invaders who have made it past the cloisters of Autos, the final gateway to the City proper. It is also the home of the Armigers who defend the city, or at least their spiritual home. Their exoskeletal armour resides here, as do the banners of War and Secrecy and several others; here lie their planning rooms and their training grounds.
01[18:41] <@Savant> The Keep is comfortable in a spartan sort of manner - benches are black stone, but have red cushions bolted in place upon them with golden studs. Massive stone columns provide ample support for the ceiling and no doubt ample defense in case of an invasion. Lighting is warm and a little low, draping the entire place in cozy shadow. At this moment, the place is abuzz with activity.
01[18:41] <@Savant> General Kogmund is stood within one of the alcoves of the Keep along with a dozen others, all of them talking animatedly amongst themselves. A trideo replay of the battle that had just been conducted plays on in the centre of the room, but only a few are paying rapt attention - the rest are having a heated discussion.
[18:42] <@Roland> ::pops his gum::
[18:43] <@Marshall> ::tugs on the collar of his BDU::
[18:43] <@Caelin> ::walks in along side tynes, chuckling:: well, looks like you've given my people something to talk about
[18:43] <@Birkin> ::stretches himself out a little bit:: I think we made an impression.
[18:43] <@Roland> I think they think we cheated.
[18:43] <@Roland> How're your balls?
[18:43] <@Detro> ::sits quietly, observing all that's going on from where he can, seated::
[18:43] <@Marshall> ::smirks::
01[18:44] <@Savant> The others here - mostly ARmigers - give you all a wide berth. You're foreigners, and what's more you're expected to head over to the General when ready to do so, so they have no desire to delay you.
[18:44] <@Gabriel> ::grins at Caelin but says nothing, back in full dress uniform, greatcoat, sword, beret and all::
[18:44] <@Mel> ::adjusts a strap on her BDU then begins to look around, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet::
01[18:45] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::approaches Gabriel, dusting off her hands. She's far from as clean presed as he, in fact she's smudged with grease and soot: All done, Captain. Sporting sensors are off, we're live again.
03[18:45] * Kt (~Kt@ip70-187-39-7.pn.at.cox.net) has joined #Bt05
[18:45] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Excellent work, Senior Ranger. Thank you.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> Lieutenant, anyone who wishes to. ::points his chin toward the General:: The rest of you, feel free to mix in.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> ::heads for the General::
01[18:46] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::thumbs up:: Yes-sir! If you don't mind I'd like to run Deacon and Spooks through a diagnostic run. The nets are acting... odd.
[18:47] <@Roland> ::snaps his gum, then strides after Tynes::
[18:47] <@Detro> ::observes those in discussion, trying to gague the general opinion::
[18:47] <@Marshall> I'll go with you Juno. I was wondering about that, too.
[18:47] <@Gabriel> ::stops suddenly, and turns to Tyrelle::
[18:47] <@Birkin> ::nods:: Yes sir. ::looks back at the rest of the team:: You heard the captain. Follow us if you want to talk with the General and everyone else who thinks we might have cheated.
[18:47] <@Mel> I think I'll join you too...I need to go over Bonaparte's systems again
01[18:47] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::grins a sheepish am-i-in-trouble-grin::
[18:48] <@Gabriel> Yes. That reminds me. I'd like you to check Zealot out thoroughly. In particular, pay attention to time index +6 minutes after hostilities commenced. Something... odd... did indeed happen.
[18:48] <@Detro> ::gives up after the third word he can't figure out how to pronounce, let alone comprehend:: ...maybe I should go with you too. Three heads are better than two, yes?
[18:48] <@Roland> ::arches an eyebrow::
[18:48] <@Gabriel> Have Sergent Takira assist you. But honestly, it can wait until the get-together. Mingle, Senior Ranger. That's an order. ::grins::
[18:48] <@Gabriel> ::resumes his course for the General before Juno can argue::
[18:49] <@Gabriel> <<until after the get-together>>
[18:49] <@Birkin> ::follows behind the Captain::
01[18:49] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::left standing there:: Mingle. Right. Mingle. ::looks back at Mel and Marshall:: I assume he didn't mean "with you guys" either.
[18:50] <@Detro> ::gets up, stretching as he does so::
[18:50] <@Marshall> We're already mingled, J.
[18:50] <@Mel> Err...probably not ::looks over at the Armigers::
[18:51] <@Caelin> ::looks about at the other trojans in the hall, focusing his ears on the conversations to get an idea of what they thought of the talons::
[18:51] <@Marshall> ::follows Tynes, idly wondering what the heated debate was about. He got closer, listening in.::
[18:51] <@Detro> ::looks around for any groups staring at them the most::
[18:51] <@Gabriel> ::approaches the General and salutes:: Captain Gabriel Tynes, reporting as ordered, General. ::eyes twinkle a bit more than is strictly necessary for military decorum::
[18:52] <@Birkin> ::follows only a half second behind Tynes with a salute::
01[18:52] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Yeah, okay. So how do you do this again? Prophet. Good grief. I - hey, look, it's the guy who tried to kill us! ::waves at one of the Armigers near the other side of the hall::
[18:52] <@Marshall> ::echoes the salute gesture and stays silent, but was present in case there was a technical question::
[18:52] <@Mel> ::purses her lips in thought for a moment:: Well, we can always just go up and say hi, right?
[18:53] <@Roland> ::comes to a somewhat lackluster attention posture behind Tynes after his own casual salute::
01[18:53] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::smiles a little bit at Tynes and moves to welcome him to the circle of his advisors:: Welcome, Captain. You put on an impressive showing for us.
01[18:54] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::looks up from his punching bag towards the crazy foreigner waving at him::
[18:54] <@Gabriel> ::drops the salute:: Thank you, sir. Glad you enjoyed it. You did ask to see how we drove the CEF off our world, you'll recall. ::grins::
01[18:55] <@Savant> Kogmund seems in good health, as if his age hasn't touched him. He's bald and what's left of the fringes of his hair are white, but he's got sharp eyes and seems to command by sheer presence alone.
[18:55] <@Detro> ::drifts around through the various groups, seemingly on his own::
[18:55] <@Birkin> ::smiles ever so slightly at Gabriel's implication::
[18:56] <@Gabriel> Though some of our eequipment is built for stealth, our Gears in particular, and my people in particular... at its heart, the Gear is built for... different tactics.
01[18:56] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::gestures towards the tall alcove which holds the Talons' Gears:: I assume that these machines of yours are the best your world has to offer? It seems to me they would not send anything else to Troy. Are your common troops so well equipped and trained?
[18:57] <@Roland> ::smirks slightly to himself at the question::
01[18:57] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::pulls Mel by the wrist towards the Armiger on the other side of the hall:: Let's! Maybe he won't try to shoot us next time, then.
[18:57] <@Gabriel> ::removes his beret and tucks it into his belt:: Your assumptions are all correct, General. Still, the basic model Gear, and the basic model pilot, carries the same types of weapons, in the same numbers.
[18:57] <@Gabriel> And standard Gear pilot training can be completed in 160 days, starting from a well-conditioned infantryman.
[18:58] <@Birkin> ::speaks up:: The basic gear design here, except the one piloted by the Master Ranger, here are simply a more stealthed version of a common gear found in my nations army.
[18:58] <@Mel> ::makes a short little 'eep' sound as Juno takes her by surprise:: Not being shot is good
01[18:59] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::He frowns and rubs the bridge of his nose in thought:: I'll admit I wasn't expecting that sort of speed. We're very impressed by the electric motors on your ... Gears' ... feet. Very powerful.
01[19:00] <@Savant> There is a lot of discussion going on around the TAlons and the General, all from engineers and scientists who are debating what they've seen. The trideo is being bulled into showing one clip after the next.
[19:00] <@Detro> ::finds himself back where he started. With no real interest in him, he decides to find one of the other Talons::
01[19:00] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> [AS] There's no way we could mount that on a Sleca, you're mad!
[19:01] <@Caelin> ::adds in:: they have various models of gears as well built for different roles, much like our autos
01[19:01] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Really? It seems that you've only brought one type.
01[19:01] <@Savant> The woman arguing with Uthred is not adorned with the Armiger's armoured plug-suit, she's in a simple toga only. She wears one piece of technology, though, a headset similar to Scildfreja's, but slimmer and more delicate. She is relatively young, one of the younger "leaders" within the community, and what her appearance is lacking her vigor makes up for.
[19:01] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement with Caelin:: That's correct. I deemed it the most practical approach, so that we could conduct joint operations with your armed forces, to bring our most stealthed models.
01[19:02] <@Savant> 2Estrid> [AS] But imagine it! There's got to be something we could do about it. The Siegehammer is more than capable of that sort of ordnance control. *Especially* with the Blackgaunt controller co-ordinating with the wasps!
[19:02] <@Gabriel> Still, we have a few examples of other models aboard, including a dedicated scout model whose speed is considerably faster than the type demonstrated.
[19:02] <@Roland> The gears we displayed would largely be considered of a medium class. There are many different models from light to heavy assault; and in all cases they are highly configurable for different mission profiles with minimal maintenance time required.
[19:02] <@Caelin> ::chuckles a bit:: thats mostly our fault ::indicates himself and freja:: they based what they brought on the information we gave them about utopia
[19:02] <@Detro> ::slides in behind Mel and Juno, stepping quietly::
01[19:03] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods:: I'd like to see them, or at least data from them. If they are as adaptable and fast as your own vehicles, they are a very big offering indeed.
[19:03] <@Marshall> ::offers a disk to Tynes with said data right out of his computer::
01[19:04] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::stands and dusts off his hands as the Talons approach him. He's a very big man, big and impressive, built like a wrestler:: Halen.
[19:04] <@Mel> ::looks up at the towering figure and smiles friendly:: Hi
01[19:04] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> [AS] That's fine, but you don't understand. I can't *fit* something that big on it. It doesn't *fit*, woman! Heavens, are you deaf?
[19:05] <@Gabriel> Certainly. ::takes the data and offers it to Kogmund:: Basic technical specifications of our most common models, from light scout, to our heavy support units. The heavy units carry considerably more firepower, with much longer range, than our standard models.
01[19:05] <@Savant> 2Estrid> [AS] Put it up your pipe, Alstan! Make something smaller, then! Let's get Ethen and Dionna up here and they'll hold your hand through it, huh?
[19:05] <@Gabriel> What questions can I answer? You must have some.
[19:06] <@Marshall> The basics, on that one. Cheetah, Hunter, Jaguar, Grizzly, Jager, Mamba, Iguana, and Cobra.
[19:06] <@Caelin> ::happens to hear the thrashing Uthred seems to be getting a chuckles lightly::
01[19:07] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::Glances dubiously at the arguing scientists, then brushes off their noise:: How do you handle orbital strikes or heavy artillery? Moving so quickly makes it difficult to stay hidden from serious bombardment.
[19:07] <@Birkin> Up until this mission I piloted a Cobra, the heavy ordinance gear for Black Talon 05, I'd be happy to answer any questions about them.
[19:07] <@Gabriel> ::to Kenweard:: By the time such serious strikes can be coordinated, called in, and land, a Gear squad is elsewhere.
[19:08] <@Mel> ::smirks slightly at the memory of being in the blast of an ort laser::
[19:08] <@Gabriel> The CEF attempted on several occasions to launch orbital strikes on us on Caprice, with less than marked success.
[19:08] <@Roland> Slightly singed. ::smirks and glances at Melissa::
01[19:08] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::snorts in frustration and stomps away form the woman, heading towards Caelin and Roland. HE grabs Rolands' hand in his bear-paw grip and shakes it vigorously, engulfing Roland's hand up to the wrist:: haw-haw! Well done, well done!
[19:08] <@Detro> ::stands quietly behind Juno and Mel. For a moment, he entertains the amusing thought of making faces over her shoulder, but decides against that::
01[19:08] <@Savant> ((sorry, that was Kogmund, not Kenweard. Too many K's Wink ))
[19:09] <@Gabriel> <<Well, then, it was addressed to Kogmund. Wink>>
[19:09] <@Roland> ::has to supress the urge to bury his unclasped hand into the man's throat as he comes out of no where and essentially assaults him...with a handshake::
[19:09] <@Marshall> I've dealt with Hunters and Jaguars myself. I'm more than happy to relate anything about those two.
[19:10] <@Roland> ::snaps his gum:: We do like to put on a show.
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::frowns:: That's some impressive reaction time. Even tactical strikes?
[19:10] <@Roland> Given that for most of our work we're trying not to be seen...
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::nods at Mel and Juno:: Can I help you?
[19:11] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Tactical strikes are indeed more problematic. The CEF's artillery vehicles are quite impressive. We've made capturing them a priority. This particular team has succeeded in that.
01[19:11] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> And what a show it was! Tell me, about those great missiles some of you were carrying. Are those captured Terran rounds? they certainly look it.
01[19:12] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> I've no fear of the Terrans' tactical artillery. I've fear of Steelgate's. Still, there is certainly a role for these vehicles of yours. What sort of maintenance do they require? ::glances between Marshall and Tynes::
[19:12] <@Marshall> The airburst missiles are CEF standard self-propelled fragmentation munitions. Quite handy. Impressive detonation.
[19:13] <@Roland> We have our own, but the CEF has miniaturized them to a much greater degree that fits more appropriately with our gear design.
01[19:13] <@Savant> Kenweard is tall, blonde, and built much like the stone pillars that line the halls of the Keep. The two Talon women look positively diminutive in front of him. Even Detro comes up to his shoulder.
[19:13] <@Roland> ::grins fiercely:: They're rather easy to remove from destroyed frames with a vibroblade once they're dead.
[19:14] <@Mel> ::looks at Juno then back to Kenweard:: Well, we'd like to get to know you guys better
01[19:14] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::laguhs:: Look at the blood in his eyes! Hah, I'm sure you've cut off a lot of those from the dead, haven't you? I wasn't expecting ot see those things in there!
[19:14] <@Gabriel> ::lets Marshall take that one::
[19:15] <@Detro> ::the phrase "they grow 'em big here" crosses his mind, but he snuffs that out quickly. That was more something to say about GREL::
[19:16] <@Marshall> ::nods:: The maintainance is time consuming, certainly, though Black Talon gears are designed to operate alone for an extended period of time. Most come with redundant systems, and spare parts are usually easy to produce from naive raw materials.
01[19:16] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::takes a towel from a steel hanger beside the gym equipment and mops off his face and hands and chest:: I... see. ::faces the Talons again:: I'm willing.
[19:16] <@Marshall> <<native>>
[19:18] <@Roland> ::grunts:: Backed into a corner on your own planet, you tend to get into the habit of using everything you have and doing everything possible to win.
[19:18] <@Roland> Also, the explosions they make are purty.
01[19:18] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::presses in beside the General:: The control networks! What do you use to control the things? The Esclepa tells me that your serotonin and adrenaline levels didn't at all map to the momvenets of the frames!
01[19:19] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::Finally lets Rolands' hand go and laughs again:: No doubt son, feels awful familiar, that! Very impressive. Tell me about hte cannons you used. They're big, and the rate they fire at is impressive!
[19:20] <@Birkin> The Neural Nets?
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::instead of looking annoyed, Kogmund just raises an eyebrow and steps deftly to one side::
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Estrid> Neural nets? Are they... are they *biological*??
[19:21] <@Gabriel> ::nods to Birkin, indicating he and Marshall should take Estrid, then steps to follow the General::
[19:21] <@Detro> ::over their shoulders, coming to their rescue:: I think they meant something on the order of learning more about armigers and the people who pilot them.
[19:21] <@Roland> Those are actually adapted light anti-aircraft weaponry. The basic design is ubiquitous to a large number of weapons built for different calibers and rates of fire; we call them 'autocannons'.
[19:21] <@Roland> Almost every gear carries a weapon using the same design principle.
[19:21] <@Roland> Bet it light scout or heavy assault.
[19:22] <@Birkin> No no. Nnothing like that. They learn and adapt to their user slowly though
[19:22] <@Roland> Given the number of drones you Utopians like to throw around ::grins:: we felt it best to bring something that spits out as much ammunition as possible.
[19:22] <@Marshall> No. Neural nets, or NNets, are artifical intelligece systems.
[19:23] <@Mel> ::arches an eyebrow and looks again at Juno::
01[19:23] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::grins as well:: clever. You'll have more than enough of those to shoot down, and with more than paint and lasers! Tell me, then, are there any things you saw on the field you liked of ours?
[19:23] <@Birkin> They help us preform complex tasks without having to think about the fine details as much.
[19:23] <@Gabriel> General, I noted an interesting capability some of your autos have. That of field protection of your units from hostile missiles over a wide radius.
[19:23] <@Birkin> ::looks at Marshall:: Those damned what did Caelin call them back on Caprice. Scythera. That system you have on them is something else.
01[19:23] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Seems overjoyed:: Great! We haven't had lunch yet, and I'm going to faint away if I don't get something in me.
[19:24] <@Gabriel> We have something like this, but not as advanced.
01[19:24] <@Savant> 2Estrid> Artificial intelligence? True artificial intelligence? ::her yes go wide as if she's in a state of shock:: Really? They're... ::drops her voice to a whisper:: alive?
[19:25] <@Marshall> No. Not true AI.
[19:25] <@Detro> A dinner party?
[19:25] <@Mel> Food would be good...
[19:25] <@Roland> ::forces himself to retain the grin as he thinks for a moment:: The active camoflauge system that your drones and Armigers employ is...formidable, to say the least. I can make myself seem to disappear; but to disappear entirely?
01[19:25] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods:: Scyteras are a cornerstone of our battlefield. We've been operating with them for nearly a hundred years, in some form or another.
[19:25] <@Birkin> Like I said, they learn and react and assist. ::pauses for half a moment:: There is rumors that fly around both polar armies though. Gears that can aim for themselves if their sensors spot an enemy before the pilot does.
[19:26] <@Birkin> Old Neural Nets that have learned a lot.
[19:26] <@Marshall> NNets have to be wiped from time to time. They begin to develop bad habits after a while.
[19:26] <@Gabriel> Our reactive systems are sufficient to protect the carrying vehicle from advanced missiles, but not an entire area.
01[19:27] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::bats her eyes widely:: Heofon. Can... can I see one?
[19:27] <@Marshall> ::nods:: Sure. Juno and I were getting ready to pull Zealot and Sparks in a few minutes. It'd be no trouble.
01[19:28] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::now Estrid raises an eyebrow archly at Tynes' statement. It's far more funny on her than the general, like her eyebrow is trying to crawl up and hide in her bangs:: Just one vehicle?
01[19:29] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::nods, beaming:: Aye, that's quite a trick. You're ghost yourself, I'm told, but not like these! Aye, after the show you put on, I'm sure we'll come to an agreement.
01[19:30] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::heads to a hool inside the alcove, which is apparently *his* alcove; he starts to put a toga on:: Alright.
[19:31] <@Birkin> Yes so far we have not been able to cover an entire area with our counter batteries
01[19:32] <@Savant> ((hook. There is no such tihng as a hool))
[19:32] <@Roland> And the fact that you have a gear that can shoot down missiles and shells willy-nilly like an umbrella is rather impressive. Given the number of missiles hovertanks tend to throw at us from time to time, such a system would be quite useful.
[19:33] <@Birkin> Knocking out a HATM in flight would be most useful
01[19:33] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::as if giving a lecture, he raises a hand and shakes a finger int he air:: They *can* be overloaded. Easily!
01[19:33] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods:: The balance of forces is a great concern for us.
[19:34] <@Birkin> ::looks over at Uthred before looking back to Estrid:: About how many can they track and disable before they become overloaded?
[19:34] <@Gabriel> ::waves that away for now:: As to tactics, as I said, this team is quite adept in stealth tactics for our own world, and against the CEF, but it seemed to be both impossible and counter-productive to out-stealth your people.
01[19:34] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::can barely hide a smirk, but clears her throat and it's gone:: Well. I think that a basic NAI for a basic neural net, complete with operational instructions, is an *excellent* idea.
[19:35] <@Detro> ::puts his hands on Mel and Juno's shoulders:: You two enjoy yourselves, but your father wants you back by midnight. ::grins, and wanders over towards one of the other groups of Talons::
[19:35] <@Gabriel> The tactics we displayed today were fairly typical of Gear combat: quick, hard hit-and-fade strikes at the objective.
[19:35] <@Marshall> You mean a trade? I'll see what I can arrange.
01[19:36] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::glances at Estrid sharply before nodding at Gabriel:: You didn't seem to have any problems with dispersed Auto formations.
01[19:36] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::fairly withers::
[19:36] <@Birkin> ::nudges Marshall slightly:: I think that's above our pay grade here ma'am. But I will pass your idea along.
[19:36] <@Detro> ::wanders over to Tynes' group, staying on the periphery while listening::
[19:36] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: As the Senior Sergeant said, the weapons mix we brought to your world was chosen to combat large numbers of smaller targets.
01[19:36] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::tightens a belt and slips a sword into its place upon it:: Come with me. I know a nice place.
01[19:37] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> You arent' coming, Detr ::stops as Detro's already gone:: oh, okay.
[19:37] <@Gabriel> We're attempting to modify one of our weapons further to be even more useful in this regard.
[19:37] <@Marshall> ::mutters::
01[19:37] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::chuckles:: Smaller?
[19:37] <@Roland> That's the other thing about our weaponry. We tend to tinker with it. A lot.
[19:38] <@Detro> ::waves "bye byte" to Juno and Mel::
01[19:38] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> Aheh! So do I! Heofon! Let's take one of your aircraft rifles to my shop, son! I'd like to take it apart and fit it with a proper targeting system!
[19:38] <@Caelin> ::turns to uthred::so i couldn't overhear earlier, you were thinking of doing something with the slecas?
[19:38] <@Birkin> build better ammo for it. Whatever we need
[19:38] <@Gabriel> ::smiles:: The typical Gear squad opponent is a light tank, General.
[19:39] <@Mel> ::arches an eyebrow at Detro as he walks away; she almost sticks out her tongue, but stops herself short and then turns to follow Kenweard::
01[19:39] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::snorts at Caelin:: Estrid seems to think we could fit something so big on a Sleca and *not* compromise its stealth. She's insane.
01[19:40] <@Savant> Juno, Mel and Kenweard head to the elevator leading them to Troy, leaving the other Talons behind....
[19:40] <@Caelin> ::thinks for a moment::that railgun the talons brought? or bigger?
01[19:40] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods thoughtfully:: I can see that. ::pauses and waves his hand in an erratic fashion over the trideo display beside him. The lights on his headset flicker::
[19:41] <@Roland> A proper ta...right ::looks over at Marshall:: One LAAC for our friend here, then too, in addition to the net.
01[19:42] <@Savant> The trideo player flips to a three-d image of several vehicles. The smallest is an Armiger. Various Autos stand in rows beside it. Behind them are larger hulks, some with legs, others on treads. the largest amongst them could easily be classed as a Landship, though it too sports treads
[19:42] <@Marshall> ::smirks:: No problems.
01[19:42] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::points at one of the brutes in the back, a bit larger than a Visigoth or Aller:: A light tank like this?
[19:42] <@Marshall> That's a -light- tank?
[19:43] <@Detro> ::blinks at the projection:: Wow.
01[19:43] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::laughs:: I'm not sure what your targeting systems are like, son. No idea. You seem to be able to shoot straight enough.
01[19:43] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> That is Steelgate's Venator.
[19:43] <@Detro> ::for all the Utopian miniaturization, they sure still managed to make some biiig stuff...::
01[19:44] <@Savant> Troy is at nearly high noon - the light bands around the core of the domed city are high and golden, shedding their glow onto the low stone buildings and the green gardens below.
[19:44] <@Birkin> ::leans over to Roland:: 20 dollars says I kill one before you
[19:44] <@Roland> Fire control systems are all built into the gear itself. As most of the weaponry used is held by the manipulators, means you don't have to worry about different systems.
[19:44] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: On our world, that would be a heavy tank, at least in size. What type of weaponry does it carry?
01[19:44] <@Savant> Kenweard leads the two women through the moderate mid-day crowds towards a busy centre of town
[19:45] <@Mel> ::looks around at the sights, trying not to look like a tourist::
01[19:45] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::nods:: But what's it do to help you aim?
[19:46] <@Detro> ::his eyes are fixed on the big landship-sized *thing* on treads. Such a massive thing... would probably sink in the sands of the Badlands or the swamps of the jungle.
01[19:46] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Traditionally, a Venator is armed with a heavy mortar and a pair of high-velocity cannons. Plus close support weapons, of some sort.
[19:48] <@Roland> Feeds targeting information on the weapon's projected point of impact, based on the fire control computer's calculations, into visual aides in our heads up displays.
[19:48] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: We would regard such a thing as a heavy tank. Gears are somewhat less effective against heavy tanks, except with veteran pilots aboard or in larger numbers.
01[19:48] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::leads Juno and Mel to an open-air cafe; he gestures to a pair of sonte chairs for the women to sit in:: The food here is good.
[19:48] <@Gabriel> One of the weapons that the Senior Sergeant there often carries ::nods toward Roland:: is a bazooka. A Gear-sized bazooka.
[19:48] <@Mel> Thanks ::smiles and takes a seat::
[19:48] <@Gabriel> ::mildly:: We've found it quite effective against keff tanks.
01[19:48] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Aye, it sounds the same, or similar at least.
[19:49] <@Roland> And Frames. And buildings.
01[19:49] <@Savant> (bah. That was Uthren))
[19:49] <@Roland> I think I hit a TAAF once too...
01[19:49] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::glares suddenly at Uthren:: The same? ::then to Roland:: What's it's predictive capacity? How many DDBs does it support?
[19:50] <@Roland> No, wait, that was a CEF dropship. That proceeded to crash into another dropship. Which both then crashed on top of a company of frames.
01[19:50] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Thank you! What do they serve here? I bet fish. Oh, you pick what we're having, I have no idea.
[19:50] <@Birkin> Which then crashed onto four tanks
01[19:51] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::smirks at Juno, lightening up a little bit:: Alright. ::glances up at a passing boy:: Cider and the special.
[19:51] <@Roland> I'm sorry, how many whatsits?
[19:51] <@Mel> Hmm...fish...you know, the best place for fish I've found has been Ashanti. If it's the right season, and you're lucky, you can get glass shark...
[19:51] <@Marshall> ::looks at Roland:: yeah. I didn't even get that one.
[19:52] <@Detro> ::finds his attention being diverted more to the technical questions in the group::
01[19:52] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::doens't raise an eyebrow, but glances at Tynes to confirm if the story is actually true::
01[19:52] <@Savant> 2Estrid> Discrete Decision Branches.
[19:52] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Some of our fights are a bit more exciting than others.
01[19:53] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::He actually looks *impressed* at that, he nods up and down:: That sounds like there is some very interesting footage.
[19:53] <@Caelin> ::to kogmund::believe me, i've seen some of it
01[19:54] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> Ashanti? Glass shark?
[19:54] <@Roland> ::snaps his gum and grins:: We make the best-selling bootleg trideos on Caprice.
[19:54] <@Gabriel> ::laughs:: OK, that at least isn't true. Yet.
[19:54] <@Caelin> leaping onto moving hovertanks....
[19:54] <@Birkin> You didn't even get to see the master preform that move.
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Well, yes, but *you've* leapt onto moving hovertanks, Caelin. With a host of Waeps following you, if I recall.
[19:55] <@Roland> ::raises a hand:: Done that.
[19:55] <@Gabriel> Though I do have full trideo of a cooperative attack between this Talon and Caprician guerillas against the CEF's primary prison on Caprice. I'd be happy to set up a viewing for you and your team.
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::frowns slightly at the memory::
[19:56] <@Mel> Ashanti...it's a city back home, by a large lake. Glass shark...it's a shark...umm...kinda see-through making them hard to see and catch...if cooked right, the meat is just great...
01[19:56] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Caprice! Tell me, how goes their fight. They are the keystone of this war, after all.
[19:56] <@Marshall> We don't call them DDBs, and it depends on the processor. For most, a few thousand.
[19:56] <@Caelin> ::trys to keep his modest in check after that::well i did have the armiger's flight mode assist in that
01[19:57] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> A city by a lake? Like a grenarian city? ::frowns at the thought of a city-above-ground:: ... but the meat is *clear?* How strange. Like a sea jelly?
[19:57] <@Detro> ::thinks back to what he knows of computer technology to try to understand Estrid::
[19:57] <@Gabriel> The Liberati have settled down for a long fight. Their own industry is producing a large number of covert attack vehicles, and a number of our people are there training them in Gear combat.
01[19:58] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::purses her lips, apparently doing math in her head:: That's... alright. Do you map them procedurally?
[19:58] <@Gabriel> As well as the large number of combat Talons we have there, making life for the CEF as difficult as possible.
[19:59] <@Roland> Last time we were there, we busted a whole bunch of their captured members out of Bastille Alpha, though. So their numbers are more solid.
01[19:59] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::laughs at Estrid and her overly-complicated questions:: Heofon, woman! you really don't learn. *show* them! ::he pulls a headset out of his pocket and holds it out between Marshall, Detro and Roland::
[19:59] <@Marshall> Semi-procedurally, actually.
[20:00] <@Detro> ::arches his eyebrow at the headset:: This is...?
[20:00] <@Marshall> ::reaches for the headset:: May I?
[20:00] <@Caelin> ::nods remembering that fight::that was definitely a large scale battle right there, but...i'd say it was worth it, moral wise, was certainly a black eye to the terrans
02[20:00] * @Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.145) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Jester)))
03[20:01] * Jester (~jester@12.187.133.145) has joined #bt05
03[20:01] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
03[20:01] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
01[20:01] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods:: Good. I haven't heard much of them, just what Caelin and Scildfreja have said. They are setting the groundwork for when we arrive there.
[20:01] <@Mel> I suppose ::purses her lips a little:: sea...I would like to see a sea one day. Lake Ashanti is huge, but from all the history vids I've seen, it's small compared to the oceans and seas of ancient Terra. What does a sea jelly taste like?
[20:01] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: For not being soldiers, they are doing remarkably well.
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::shoves the headset into Marhsall's hands:: I'm not holdin it up for you to admire, son! ha ha!
[20:02] <@Roland> For when you arrive there?
[20:02] <@Marshall> ::takes it and puts it on::
01[20:03] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> Like a bag of mud and sea water. ::chuckles:: If you've never seen the sea, come with us on our next scouting trip. We'll be going up the bay and to the headlands.
01[20:03] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods:: This war will never be wun until we plant out banners in Terra's soil and break the back of its empire.
[20:04] <@Caelin> ::nods:: some of the corporations on caprice are also doing what they can to slow down the terran, one in particular is the reason we were able to return and from which we obtained the railgun
01[20:04] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::scowls at Uthren and crosses her arms, but stays quiet::
[20:04] <@Birkin> ::hears that as he looks over at the General for half a second then looks back at Marshall and his little test thing whatever it was::
[20:04] <@Mel> Cool...but that sounds rather...um...::pauses to think of a word:: bad. Glass shark...admittedly is an aquired taste and has to be cut just right or else it'll be acidic tasting
01[20:05] <@Savant> Marshall's vision is not changed immediately. The thing by his ear beeps once, then twice, and then his sight is overlaid with colour.
[20:05] <@Detro> ::standing next to Estrid:: That's not a normal headset, is it?
[20:05] <@Gabriel> ::smiles:: That's taking the long view, General. But I happen to agree with you. Perhaps your son and my son shall lead the charge. Do you have children?
01[20:06] <@Savant> People moving around aquire ghostly spectres leading them, shwoing their likely paths - which they indeed take. Gun barrels turn into laser pointers with vibrant, translucent cones around them, some narrow and others wide. And amongst it all hovers numbers, discretely telling states and giving best guesses.
[20:07] <@Marshall> ::accustomed to this type of experience having done this once before while repairing the Cydh:: Hmmmm/
01[20:07] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::nods once:: It sounds like Grenarian Tuna. ::looks up as the cider arrives; he takes one cup and hands the other two to his guests::
01[20:08] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods:: four. You've met Kenweard, I believe.
[20:08] <@Mel> Thanks ::takes the offered drink::
[20:09] <@Gabriel> Ah! Indeed I have. Then let us drink to that: our children, together, taking the fight to Earth. ::winks:: If their fathers don't beat them to it.
01[20:09] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::smirks:: It's my latest. The controller in that is a work of art.
[20:10] <@Marshall> Fascinating. I can even see behind me. It's very clever. You built this?
01[20:10] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> ::He grins, but he's apparently taken Tynes seriously, because the man steps off to a stone cabinet at the back of the room and returns with a golden pitcher and cups::
[20:11] <@Mel> ::takes a sip of the drink::
[20:11] <@Marshall> ::pulls it off and passes it to Birkin::
01[20:11] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::He sets the cups on a short table and fills them:: It's a good idea. To our children and their victories, then.
[20:11] <@Detro> Ugh. Isn't that the last thing we need though? Officers with eyes in the back of their heads? ::grins::
[20:11] <@Birkin> ::takes the device before he puts it on, letting it adjust a bit::
01[20:12] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::beams:: I did, yes. Well, we did. My team.
[20:12] <@Birkin> I heard that sous-Sergent!
[20:12] <@Gabriel> ::takes his cup and raises it, drinking with the General::
[20:12] <@Roland> ::takes a cup, sniffs at it, and drinks::
[20:13] <@Marshall> Hey LT. Test that thing out. How many weapons am I carrying? ::smiles::
[20:13] <@Detro> ::chuckles at Birkin::
01[20:13] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> So, will you come with us? Can your machines swim?
[20:13] <@Caelin> ::takes a cup as well and tosses it back::
[20:13] <@Birkin> ::sees if he can examine Roland's drink with it::
[20:14] <@Roland> ::smacks his lips as he gets the aftertaste::
01[20:14] <@Savant> Rolands' drink is, indeed, not a weapon. Thoug it seems to know enough about Roland to predict where the cup is going to be at any given second, just in case it happens to turn into one.
[20:15] <@Mel> My tank...Bonaparte...is capable of amphibious travel, but isn't designed for full out submersion...yet ::she gets a slight gleam in her eye at the thought of making Bonaparte a submersible::
[20:15] <@Birkin> ::looks over at Marshall:: How many weapons... ::looks at his waist:: Not a threat, not suprising really.
[20:15] <@Caelin> ::gives the taste some thought the smiles:: he's been tweaking the recipe again
[20:16] <@Roland> ::takes another sip:: What's the grain?
[20:17] <@Detro> So the systems for that thing... are all in the headset? That small thing?
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::Sets the cup down, clears his throat, and takes advantage of the relative lull in conversation:: You've given us much to think about, Captain. Let me offer you a small agreements, so that we may open the door to bigger ones. We would like one of your cyclical auto-cannons. Would you consider the plans for a particle accelerator to be equivalent? It is a typical weapon
01[20:18] <@Savant> 2Estrid> No, no. ::punches Uthren lightly in the back, at the belt:: Right here.
[20:19] <@Roland> ::coughs a little into his cup as he's mid-drink::
01[20:19] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> Uap! ::glares at Estrid:: Watch it, girl, or I'll feed you to my mushrooms!
[20:19] <@Marshall> Those must be some mushrooms.
[20:19] <@Detro> ::muffles a chuckle in his fist::
[20:20] <@Detro> What's the range on it?
[20:21] <@Caelin> ::hmms a bit and takes another drinks::i believe it's triticum ansacia
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> Hm. Shame. ::pauses:: still, I'm sure you can travel with the army.
[20:21] <@Birkin> Oh and Marshall? Three weapons. You need to learn to trust people more.
[20:21] <@Gabriel> Certainly, General. I'd be more than happy to make such a trade, particularly if you could also part with a working model for my technical people to have a look at.
[20:21] <@Marshall> Not bad. I'm impressed. ::to Estrid:: You do good work.
01[20:22] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> That gun? Oh, about a kilometer.
01[20:22] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::raises his cup again:: then it's agreed. I'd like to speak again tonight, after I've met with the council. It is the Scytera and the Blaecscirham that you are most interested in, yes?
[20:23] <@Detro> No, I meant the headset...
[20:23] <@Detro> Could you use a sniper rifle with it?
01[20:23] <@Savant> 2Estrid> The set's got to stay within a few meters of the computer. IT could go further, but we don't like to broadcast that loud.
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2Estrid> Oh, you mean how fir it can *see*. As far as you can.
[20:24] <@Mel> ::takes another sip:: We might be able to figure something out before we have to head out, but seeing a sea would be nice
01[20:25] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> Just go up, you'd be swimming. We're under the sea right now.
[20:25] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Most interested in, yes. Though we also do not have fusion power units as small as yours.
[20:26] <@Detro> Hmm. You say it broadcasts data to the headset. What if it were run over a non-broadcast medium? Like fiber optic cable? ::pictures a gear, hull down, camo'd, and the sniper a ways away from it, tied into the gear's sensors for the sniper shot::
01[20:26] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::smiles briefly:: Make a list of what you'd like of us. I'll present it to the council.
[20:27] <@Gabriel> Very well, General, thank you.
[20:27] <@Gabriel> There's just one other thing.
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::nods:: You cna plug a cable into these if you like.
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods calmly::
[20:29] <@Mel> Neat...that's really cool ::looks up, trying to imagine being underneath a huge body of water and takes another longer sip of her drink::
[20:29] <@Detro> Hmm.
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::looks up gain as food is brought - it's fish, unsurprisingly, and not a lot - mostly vegetables cooked together in a melange. Smells quite good::
[20:30] <@Detro> Oh. ::realizes he's been using up this woman's time without being introduced... he holds out a hand:: Detro Takira. And you are?
01[20:30] <@Savant> 2Estrid> Estrid. ::shakes his hand:: I'm the NAI research head.
[20:31] <@Gabriel> To smooth out the chain of command while we're here, I'd like to be granted an honorary rank of some sort in your military. Something equivalent to my Talon rank will be fine.
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::raises an eyebrow::
[20:32] <@Roland> ::sets down his cup::
[20:32] <@Mel> ::thanks the waiter and looks at the food:: This looks and smells good
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> I will have to talk with the war council. Positions are not given lightly.
[20:32] <@Detro> Hmm. So you'd want to get up close and personal with our NNets then.
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Boy> ::Her weighter is a boy who couldn't be more than fifteen cycles old:: You're welcome lady.
[20:33] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Of course.
[20:33] <@Marshall> I've already arranged for Miss Estrid to observe our diagnostics on Zealot and Spooks with cap's permission.
01[20:34] <@Savant> ((waiter. God damn it.))
[20:35] <@Mel> ::smirks a little at being called Lady and takes a bite of the food:: Hmm, this is really good
[20:36] <@Marshall> Speaking of which I'd like to get started right away. ::offers a hand to Estrid:: If you'll follow me.
[20:36] <@Roland> So what's this thing, exactly? ::takes the headset and puts it on, looking around::
[20:36] <@Roland> ::after a moment:: Aheh. Aheheheh. Aheheheheheheheheh.
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[20:36] <@Savant> perfect Wink
[20:37] <@Gabriel> LOL!
01[20:37] <@Savant> there you are! what did you think?
[20:37] <@Gabriel> Lovely. Smile Just what I was after.
[20:37] <@Birkin> Yeah
[20:38] <@Roland> Kogmund> "We're kicking them off our planet! Then we're going to Caprice, and Atlantis, and Terra Nova, and then to EARTH YEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH"
01[20:38] <@Savant> next game I think addressing war plans would be a good idea.
01[20:38] <@Savant> hee, yeah, you've got it about right
01[20:39] <@Savant> Kogmund> I want to plant my autmated, steel-plated Armiger foot up the Earth Prime Minister's *ass*
[20:39] <@Birkin> Earth has a Prime Minister?
01[20:40] <@Savant> so, next game we will talk about the war, and then game after our farewells to Troy, and then off we go? or do you want ot stick around a little longer to actually see results on things like upgrading your guns with Trojan tech?
[20:40] <@Birkin> they want this war right now or are they still organizing for it?
[20:40] <@Marshall> I say we go for a close mission. Run around the block-ish. And coming back to the Trojan tech upgrades.
01[20:41] <@Savant> there's a scouting mission coming up, as Mel and Juno found out.
01[20:41] <@Savant> you can go on that if you'd like to.
[20:41] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Agreed.
01[20:42] <@Savant> agreed. We'll o that, and then come back, take a brief reather, and go out for the war.
01[20:42] <@Savant> this will be like the first date, then.
01[20:42] <@Savant> Expees! Who wants expees.
[20:42] <@Caelin> MEEEE!
[20:42] <@Mel> i still cannot spend xps
[20:42] <@Marshall> "I'll give mine to Detro." "Really?" "No."
[20:43] <@Detro> You can keep yours Marshall. I farted on them.
01[20:43] <@Savant> First one is usually for teamwork, but it doesn't really apply tonight. So instead i want to give it out for characterization. There was lots of interesting interaction and I'd like to explain some of the evnets that happened and why they were improtant for your characters.
01[20:43] <@Savant> Mel, you should be re-activated.
01[20:43] <@Savant> Ryan said he re-activated you
[20:43] <@Mel> i'll log out and back in then
[20:43] <@Detro> Detro's going to finally start to learn this $#^%@^@^ing language Smile
[20:44] <@Marshall> Marshall is really interested in working with Estrid and Urthred and the sophists.
01[20:44] <@Savant> just because they have cool toys, Marshall?
[20:44] <@Caelin> it's showing mel as inactive for me as well
01[20:44] <@Savant> huh.
[20:44] <@Marshall> Estrid seems like a fun character. Like a Utopian Juno.
[20:45] <@Birkin> Yeah Estrid and Juno should get together and discuss how much more awesome numbers are than boys
[20:45] <@Roland> Roland should have a seminar on kicking ass, using trideo videos as visual aides. Wink
01[20:45] <@Savant> ehehhehheh
[20:45] <@Gabriel> Gabriel Tynes: Interstellar Diplomat. Sooner or later, if he comes home in one piece, Gabriel's gonna be a soldier-politician. I like Ike. Wink
[20:45] <@Mel> umm...i'm still inactive
01[20:45] <@Savant> Roland should. That would be amusing.
01[20:45] <@Savant> blarghrargle
[20:45] <@Marshall> Ryan lied. =P
01[20:46] <@Savant> he's packing right now, but I've asked.
01[20:47] <@Savant> onay, anyone else have anything to say?
01[20:47] <@Savant> that's one point. Two is for storyline. wHat have you learned about hte trojans, their war, and the sorry state you find yourselves in?
[20:47] <@Mel> hmm...i'm not sure...Mel's outgoing, but does need a little prompting to get going
[20:48] <@Roland> They want to go to Earth. Wink
[20:48] <@Caelin> they want to go to caprice too
[20:48] <@Detro> That Utopians have cooler HUD tech.
[20:48] <@Marshall> The Utopians pretty much have cooler everything tech
01[20:48] <@Savant> You need to roleplay Mel while you're drunk. That would help.
[20:48] <@Gabriel> We're not exactly going to have any trouble motivating these people the way we did the Capricians.
[20:49] <@Mel> hehe...i might try that one day
01[20:49] <@Savant> that is true. They're more than happy to go blow things up in the name of freedom Wink
[20:50] <@Roland> Free doom
[20:50] <@Gabriel> ::nudges the others::
01[20:50] <@Savant> anything else here? There's more, and I want it if you want the sweet sweet expees.
01[20:50] <@Savant> i'd have to have to throw them out.
[20:50] <@Birkin> "The Almighty says he can get me out of this, but as for you. You're fucked!"
[20:51] <@Marshall> The Trojans are very hospitable too.
[20:51] <@Birkin> The Trojans have a lot of confidence in themselves. If they have moved past the idea of beating the CEF and Steelgate into a position where they will be able to assault Earth
[20:52] <@Detro> Mushrooms can eat people on Utopia
01[20:52] <@Savant> Melissa is now active
[20:52] <@Caelin> all i can think of basically is the same as the others, the trojans and terranovans share the same goals, they way they go about achieving them is certainly different but hopefully they'll be able to pick out the strengths of both styles and combine them into something earth can't handle
[20:52] <@Gabriel> There's what I regarded as a hidden message in tonight's game, but I'm curious if anyone else saw it, or if I'm just imagining it.
[20:53] <@Marshall> I didn't notice it Gabriel.
[20:54] <@Gabriel> It's in two parts. Part 1: they're apparently cheerfully willing to trade us for all of their best tech, right up to the very crown jewels itself, and barely batted an eye through the whole process. There's enough tech here that were we less scrupulous, we could all be trillionaires on TN. Wink
[20:54] <@Gabriel> That speaks to a level of desperation that we're going to have to be cautious of, I think.
[20:54] <@Gabriel> Part 2: but when Gabriel mentioned joining the armed forces, Kogmund raised the ol' eyebrow. They'll die, sure. They'll give away the crown jewels, fine. But sacrifice their honor? NFW.
01[20:54] <@Savant> They're kookoo for cocoa puffs!
[20:54] <@Gabriel> I found it interesting.
[20:55] <@Birkin> Yeah, I noticed that too
[20:55] <@Detro> I thought it kinda silly that bit about Tynes just asking for rank, IMO
[20:55] <@Mel> woot
[20:55] <@Mel> how much xps from the last two weeks?
[20:55] <@Marshall> Colin had alluded a while back when I commented on one of us getting trained as an Armiger that it might happen, but we would really, reheheally have to earn it
01[20:56] <@Savant> the last stnading city on a planet over-run with the hordes of jack-booted evil? Desparate? Naaah.
01[20:56] <@Savant> was it 4 last week?
[20:56] <@Marshall> Indeed
[20:56] <@Birkin> we just showed them a way to put overwhelming firepower on the map
[20:56] <@Marshall> And 3 the week before.
[20:57] <@Roland> If they can get a drone AI to work in a gear, and just a flock of them to just blow shit up first while the drones inch in behind them....that'd be quite the show.
[20:57] <@Mel> thanks
01[20:57] <@Savant> it is two so far. Your bonus question tonight is: Tell me what sort of awesome submarine adventures you would like to have.
01[20:57] <@Savant> not in actual submarines. But, like, navy SEAL things.
[20:57] <@Roland> "Give me a ping, Vasily. One ping only"
[20:57] <@Caelin> HFRO
[20:57] <@Birkin> I want to board a submarine and have them say "Terranovans!"
[20:58] <@Detro> "Cap'n scared 'em out of the water!"
01[20:58] <@Savant> mahaahaa
01[20:58] <@Savant> "Terranovans! Arr, where's me cutlass?" ::melee's::
[20:58] <@Marshall> I wanted to see Delgado melt when she finds out what the big metal hull we're surrounded by; is surrounded by =PO
[20:58] <@Detro> "Be careful in here Roland. Schom tings in here don't react to well to bulletsh."
[20:59] <@Marshall> As far as awesome adventures I think Navy SEALs is pretty much right on.
[20:59] <@Detro> <Roland> I gotta be careful what *I* shoot at?
[20:59] <@Gabriel> I want to see a bunch of characters who've never swam in their lives react to being under-freakin-water. Smile
[20:59] <@Gabriel> Role-playing FTW. Wink
01[20:59] <@Savant> meheehee So do I
[20:59] <@Marshall> Sneak in, kill/capture/explode, sneak out.
[20:59] <@Detro> I wanna see Delgado trapped in a flooding room
01[20:59] <@Savant> what's your Swimming skill at, now? Wink
[20:59] <@Birkin> we should zip line into a naval base and knock out something then sneak out
[21:00] <@Gabriel> There is no swimming skill. If there were, Gabriel would have it. He has Cpx2 Athletics to reflect he can swim.
[21:00] <@Roland> Underwater is a far less hostile environment than the vacuum of space. Wink
01[21:00] <@Savant> that's what we're doing next week. Swimming lessons.
[21:00] <@Mel> swimming? what would swim be under? Athletics?
01[21:00] <@Savant> it's Athletics cpx 2
[21:00] <@Caelin> you should sneak into a naval base and steal one of their subs:P
[21:00] <@Gabriel> It's been established for a long time that Gabriel can swim. And play soccer. Wink
01[21:00] <@Savant> you get to teach your team, then
[21:00] <@Marshall> Oh good. I can do that =P
[21:00] <@Roland> Also, seeing as Roland was an assassin, I think he's had his fair share of 'slowly emerge up out from under water dramatically before shooting someone and disappearing again'. 4/3 Athletics. Wink
[21:01] <@Mel> hmm...i is only 1/1 ... no swimming for me
01[21:01] <@Savant> Captain Tynes in a speedo, kicking ass in pool volleyball.
[21:01] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Athlete first and foremost.
[21:01] <@Caelin> Build +2 tynes in a speedo....
01[21:01] <@Savant> most Terranovans can't swim.
01[21:02] <@Savant> the Captain will put the rest of you all to shame.
01[21:02] <@Savant> anyways. that's three points, and very well done!
[21:02] <@Marshall> Marshall at Athletics CPX 2 will have trouble, but figure it out eventually =P
01[21:02] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Delgado> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Birkin> ::attn::
03[18:31] * Detro sets mode: +o Caelin
01[18:31] <@Savant> Good evening and welcome to yet another exciting episode of the Black Talons!
[18:31] <@Caelin> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> I call your attention to the question I raised before the game starts. I'll ask it agian after the game for your opinion on it.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Secondly, I also will call your attention tot he pamtool. There is a map on it Smile
[18:32] <@Marshall> Go figure.
01[18:32] <@Savant> the maptool. Nice.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Thirdly, I will call your attention to a briefing.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[18:32] <@Savant> Late Afternoon of 19 December, 462 UC (31AUT46)
01[18:32] <@Savant> New Troy, Golan Mountains, Central Sumer
01[18:32] <@Savant> 21 degrees C, indoors. Low radiation levels.
01[18:32] <@Savant> You have passed the trial by fire. The Utopians seem impressed by your capability to deal out damage to your enemies. What's more, there is an undercurrent of approval which was not there before. The Armigers at least seem more willing to make eye contact, speak, and be spoken to. The Trojams seem to respect might of arms a great deal. Given their current situation, is that a surprise?
01[18:32] <@Savant> For now, you have had a relatively quiet afternoon. The Council of War have spoken of plans to meet with you soon, and Pathfinder is due to arrive any minute at the Trojan docks, making those few quiet moments all the more precious. Though the Deep City is peaceful, it is anything but placid. There is no time for rest when the whole of a world wants you dead.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:32] <@Detro> ack
[18:32] <@Birkin> ack
[18:32] <@Marshall> ack
[18:32] <@Delgado> ack
[18:33] <@Gabriel> ack
01[18:33] <@Savant> As you may surmise by the contents of the pamtool, the trojams are going to come talk tactics with you. I invite any who want to participate in this to do so.
01[18:34] <@Savant> If you do not, you may also choose to go visit the docks, where Pathfinder will be arriving.
[18:34] <@Delgado> ... You're not leaving me many options here, buddy.
01[18:34] <@Savant> Anyone going to visit the docks?
01[18:35] <@Savant> Smile
01[18:35] <@Savant> you won't have to actually see water. Scildfreja assures you of this.
[18:35] <@Birkin> If most people are going to the tactics meeting then Birkin will go to the docks
[18:35] <@Detro> Doesn't really seem to be any need for people at tactics meeting other than Birkin, Roland, Tynes.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Do what you want to do. Both are open. The Docks scene will be pretty open - you'll be meeting the Pathfinder crew, and perhaps getting some scuba training if you ask for it.
[18:36] <@Delgado> Oh. Ok, docks then.
[18:36] <@Delgado> ... Or not.
01[18:36] <@Savant> Smile
01[18:37] <@Savant> well, on second thought, the main area of the docks is lined with big tanks of water.
[18:37] <@Delgado> meh
01[18:37] <@Savant> you could go out to the old ice cream shoppe.
[18:37] <@Birkin> ye olde
[18:37] <@Delgado> I will do that.
01[18:37] <@Savant> feel free to go on your own tangent. That's just what I have planned.
[18:37] <@Marshall> Marshall will go to Pathfinder and do the diagnostics on those NNets
01[18:37] <@Savant> sounds good to me.
[18:37] <@Detro> You should invite Estrid along, Marshall.
[18:38] <@Marshall> I did. Last game =)
[18:38] <@Birkin> I'll go help with tactics
[18:38] <@Gabriel> Ditto.
01[18:39] <@Savant> Okay. I would like those going to the Docks to use D> and those going elsewhere to use *>
[18:39] <@Gabriel> Though the idea of tossing Delgado in a dunk tank appeals to me greatly. Wink
[18:39] <@Marshall> ::evil grin::
[18:39] <@Delgado> Your life span would be severely restricted.
[18:39] <@Gabriel> "You should have genetically engineered yourself out of this, then! ::toss::
01[18:40] <@Savant> (Scildfreja secretly suggests this)
01[18:40] <@Savant> (Scildfreja is not a psychologist)
01[18:40] <@Savant> so, are we decided?
01[18:40] <@Savant> who is going off alone here?
[18:40] <@Birkin> hey we could have our wet tshirt contest with that idea
[18:41] <@Marshall> Rule Number 1. Never go anywhere alone =P
[18:41] <@Detro> Wrong. Rule #1 is always carry a knife.
[18:41] <@Detro> Rule number #2 is "Never go anywhere without your Adventure Buddy"
01[18:41] <@Savant> Rule Number One is answer the Gamemaster's Questions
[18:41] <@Delgado> I'll go to the general dock area then probably wander.
[18:42] <@Delgado> Away from water.
[18:42] <@Marshall> I think a lack of an answer means no one is going off alone =)
01[18:42] <@Savant> Docks use D>. Elsewhere use *>.
[18:42] <@Detro> ::mic click::
01[18:42] <@Savant> callstart
[18:42] <@Marshall> failstart
02[18:42] <@Detro> D> ::cough::
01[18:42] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:42] <@Savant> The "Docks" of Troy are a complicated affair. The city is underwater and in fact beneath the ocean floor, making it difficult to arrange traitional submarine ports. The Trojans are nothing if not clever, however; they have managed to tackle the problem robustly and in a manner which does not jeapoardize their secrecy.
01[18:42] <@Savant> The central "dock" region is a hemispherical cavern which serves as oxygen generator, warehouse, and carbon sink for the city. Massive tanks filled with high-density algae line the sides of the dome while the centre is reserved for material processing, where cargo is sorted before being sent off to other storage areas.
01[18:42] <@Savant> Leading out and up from this central port are several inclining tunnels. Airlocks protect the journey on several places, because the terminus of the tubes are massive drydocks, opening from their ceilings to the ocean above. These may be filled from reserve water tanks to allow ships to egress or enter, or they may be evacuated so that the Trojans may enter without diving gear.
01[18:43] <@Savant> Pathfinder should shortly be in one of these "drydocks". Some of the Talons wait in the central Dock for her arrival.
03[18:43] * LrdVampyre (~roses4tig@S0106001cf0b9242c.ed.shawcable.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:43] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
02[18:43] <@Marshall> D> I've never seen a submarine before. Pictures yes.
01[18:44] <@Savant> The other Talons wait in their comfortable and spacious quarters, clustered as they are around a small central courtyard (complete with garden and fountain) for the arrival of Kogmund and his staff.
02[18:44] <@Detro> D> ::stands about idly, looking around::
01[18:44] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::is waiting with her arms crossed, a somewhat dubious look on her face:: Are you sure it can survive underwater?
02[18:45] <@Delgado> D> ::follows the others, sticking to the back and gradually taking slower, shorter steps the closer they get to the actual docks::
02[18:45] <@Marshall> D> ::ponders:: No. I'm not.
03[18:45] * LrdVampyre is now known as Mel
05[18:45] <@Gabriel> *> ::relaxes in the courtyard, awaiting the arrival of the General::
02[18:46] <@Detro> D> ::casually:: It'll be fine.
02[18:46] <@Marshall> D> But, assuming she doesn't sink, she should be here any minute now.
[18:46] <@Caelin> ::sitting alongside scildfreja also with arms crossed but slightly more relaxed::i would hope so if it could survive in space
05[18:47] <@Birkin> *> ::seems to be looking over a pad in his hand listening for the approach of footsteps or drone movement::
01[18:47] <@Savant> the docks are busy, though there are only a few people. The large "warehouse" area is filled with Autos, moving around ... other Autos. These torpedo-like machines have arms and sensors and weapons as any drone might, but their long tubular bodies remind you more of the space mining Autos than anything else.
02[18:47] <@Mel> D> ::walks slowly, looking around at everything, taking in everything::
02[18:47] <@Caelin> <<+D> to that>>
01[18:48] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Arrives in the courtyard with a toothbrush in her mouth and a stack of PDAs in hand::
01[18:49] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::looks up into the air, obviously seeing smoething in her eye reticle:: It's here. They're cycling the locks now.
02[18:49] <@Detro> D> ::looks in the direction Scildfreja is looking::
02[18:49] <@Delgado> D> ::is still a bit unnerved at the sight of unsupervised autos that outnumber the people around. Between the autos and the growing presence of water, she's starting to look nervous::
05[18:50] <@Gabriel> *> ::glances over at Juno, a bit amused:: 'afternoon, Senior Ranger.
01[18:50] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> ::mumbling past the toothbrush:: Mhgay, ah ghuth the thpeths.
05[18:50] <@Birkin> *> ::looks over at Juno briefly before saving his place in his own PDA:: Whatcha reading Juno?
01[18:51] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::tugs on her toga and straightens her hair subconsciously:: If we go now we'll probably be there in time.
02[18:52] <@Marshall> D> Go? Go where?
05[18:52] <@Gabriel> *> ::mouths to himself:: Thpeth?
01[18:53] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> ::dumps the PDAs unceremoniously on the table:: The thpeths, the ::takes the toothbrush out of her mouth:: the specs. Some guesses on their Auto-bots. I want to see how they match up.
01[18:54] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> We're still a good distance below the drydock. Unless you want to wait here for the others. They can't get Pathfinder down here.
02[18:54] <@Marshall> D> Hmph. ::picks up two large briefcase sized objects:: Right. Lead on.
02[18:54] <@Detro> D> Well, no point in sticking around here then. ::grins, starts walking... then pauses:: Um, this way? Or...?
02[18:55] <@Caelin> D>::stands and starts down a walkway:: this way
02[18:55] <@Delgado> D> ::stands there, attempting to get her mind around the 'we need to go -up- for the dock' and if that is a wise decision or not::
05[18:55] <@Gabriel> *> ::leans over:: And? What have you found out so far?
05[18:55] <@Birkin> *> ::shrugs his shoulders and gets up, moving over to where Juno had dumped her PDA's and had a look at one or two of them to help pass the time::
01[18:55] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::Pulls Caelin to her side, hugging his arm, then points:: That way.
02[18:56] <@Mel> D> ::watches the Autos, barely paying attention to the others, just enought to notice them head off in one direction. After a couple of seconds in quiet contemplation, she heads after the group::
02[18:56] <@Detro> D> Ah. ::turns completely around and follows the direction Scildfreja pointed out::
02[18:56] <@Detro> D> ::stifles a yawn along the way::
02[18:57] <@Delgado> D> ::mutters something under her breath and starts to follow the group, but continues to stay behind 'the pack' and still drags her feet. If she keeps it up, she'll be shuffling in place in a few minutes::
02[18:57] <@Caelin> D>::has a brief look of confusion, but then smiles and pats freja's hand::right it's been a while since i've been down here
01[18:57] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> Slow, a little fragile. I'de *like* to say a Gear would stop it's little hopper head into the sand, but.. well, given your average private's reaction time, probably not. Less speed and agility, more firepower. I've got numbers here... ::digs about through the PDA's, producing one::
01[18:58] <@Savant> The Talons make their way up a long rampway. It's brightly lit and fairly wide, which is good, because scuttling up behind them and passing them come a good dozen Autos, each carrying some piece of equipment
02[18:58] <@Marshall> D> Wow. How deep underwater are we?
01[18:59] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> ::pulls up a chart and points it out, leaving the PDA on the table:: I mapped out weapon rates of fire, average kinetic impact after adjusting for aerodynamic loss and braking systems on the scoring rounds. I've got a pretty good map of their hitting power.
01[19:00] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> Uhm, two kilometers, I think? ::steps to one side as heretofor invisible rivulet off water running down the ramp turns into a small stream::
02[19:01] <@Detro> D> ::eyes the stream that meets one of his feet:: Eeep... ::pulls his foot out of the stream::
02[19:01] * @Gabriel (~jester@12.187.133.148) Quit (Quit: In Washington it's a little bit like American Idol, except everybody is Simon Cowell. -- Barack Obama)
01[19:01] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> And here's one I did for movement and turning speed for each of the chassis we saw, plus some guesses of the effects of leg loss based on what we saw. The little buggers cna turn on a dime. I don't think we'd be able to spin around behind them and get into their blind spot easily at all.
[19:02] <@Caelin> D>there's a fair amount of seabed above us as well
03[19:02] * Jester (~jester@12.187.133.148) has joined #bt05
03[19:02] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
03[19:02] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
02[19:03] <@Delgado> D> ::subtely wipes her sweaty palms on her pants legs as she tries to ignore the stream:: How... How old are these docks? Structurally speaking.
02[19:03] <@Mel> D> ::blinks as she tries to imagine being underneath so much water::
01[19:03] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::glances at Caelin for confirmation:: Seven years?
05[19:03] <@Gabriel> *> That makes sense, given how slow they are.
05[19:04] <@Gabriel> *> Were these autos made to simulate Steelgate firepower, or Trojan?
02[19:04] <@Caelin> D>::thinks::thats about right, they're well maintained though
02[19:04] <@Delgado> D> So.... these water leaks are normal?
01[19:05] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> These were Trojan. I'm not really sure exactly what the Reps use, but I did a little snooping with the other Armigers and apparently Steelgate likes their big explosions a lot. Lots of missiles and rockets. Well, mostly rockets, in big saturating waves.
[19:05] <@Caelin> D>they're not leaks, just run-off when we cycle the upper docks
05[19:06] <@Gabriel> *> ::nods slowly:: Which also makes sense, given who their chief enemy is these days.
01[19:06] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> They've also got some pretty nasty artillery and ... well, their direct fire weapons are sort of bleh. Other than their sweet little lightning gun, they're nothing to be worried about.
02[19:06] <@Detro> D> ::isn't too concerned about the water... it didn't matter if it were lots of water or lots of rocks above them, as if in a mine::
02[19:06] <@Detro> D> ::though he is cautious to keep an eye on the flow, as if waiting for it to get bigger::
05[19:07] <@Gabriel> *> Same range limitations on their energy weapons as on ours and Earth's?
02[19:07] <@Delgado> D> ... Oh. Oh, right. ::tries to think of other things, not letting her mind wander on the 'upper decks' phrase::
01[19:07] <@Savant> The walk up the ramp comes to an end in a wide platform. Two dozen Autos and five Trojans wait there in front of a pair of huge rectangular airlock gates, watching a light above them.
01[19:08] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::nods:: I can't see why not. They've got good caps here, but not *that* good. I'd be more worried about their rockets to be honest.
05[19:09] <@Gabriel> *> Anything unusual about them?
01[19:09] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::Smiles and leans against Caelin beside the entry doors:: It doesn't take long to cycle. We've gone through here plenty of times.
01[19:11] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> ::Almost goes cross-eyed with the statement:: Just that there's about a metric gajillion of them. They're designed to overload one of their Scyteras. Then pop in a few seeking missiles into the mix and ... well, you get the picture.
02[19:11] <@Caelin> D>::smiles back then turns to detro:: i imagine your crew on pathfinder would have experienced quite the trip here
02[19:11] <@Detro> D> ::laughs:: I suspect Jeremi will be bored off his ass, having to trade the skies for seas.
02[19:12] <@Delgado> D> ::starts humming to herself ' The tibia is connected to the... fibula. The fibula is connected to the... patella....' like a mantra::
01[19:12] <@Savant> The light above the docks turns on, and the doors open up. A gush of water comes out along the entire bottom edge of the door as it rolls upwards. So too comes a few fish.
01[19:13] <@Savant> The gush is only brief, as there was only a bit of water left. It flows around everyone's ankles and down the ramp along with the rest. It is cold and clammy.
02[19:13] <@Detro> D> ... though perhaps maybe he will alleviate his boredom with some fishing... ::stares at the flopping fish::
02[19:13] <@Marshall> D> ::watches Delgado carefully, loving every minute::
[19:14] <@Mel> ::raises an eyebrow, hearing Delgado humming...though she could understand her hesitation about being underneath so much water::
05[19:14] <@Birkin> *> Sounds delightful. It's how I'd break down the Scythera defenses if I had that many drones. Any ideas on how the Trojans plan on countering it?
01[19:14] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::Scildfreja seems to like the sensation; she grins and squeezes Caelin's hand::
02[19:15] <@Delgado> D> ::suddenly stops in place as soon as she hears the water, turning pale. Once it hits her feet, along with the fish, she immediately turns tail and sprints down the corridor where they came, running away from the source of water::
01[19:15] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> ::shrugs:: Didn't overhear that. I bet their answer is "more sand"
05[19:16] <@Gabriel> *> ::raises his eyebrows:: How do you mean? Bury themselves deeper? Somehow, that doesn't seem possible.
02[19:16] <@Marshall> Very Happy> ::cackles lightly:: Badlanders.
01[19:17] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::Stares at Delgado's retreat::
02[19:17] <@Delgado> D> ::as she runs, she realizes the water is still coming, it's still coming, why is it still coming, the corridor is flooding, oh god.... she runs faster and faster, pushing herself to top speed and beyond, mindlessly dodging autos, trying to get away from the water, anywhere where there isn't water::
02[19:18] <@Detro> D> ::glares at Marshall, then raises his hand, mimicing a gun:: And bang. You just got shot by the CEF because the person covering you just ran off.
05[19:18] <@Birkin> *> Not if they want to take a city that is well known and on the map..
01[19:18] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> *> I pulled up my footage from when we passed through their auto garages, and I did a little head count. They've got a *lot* of those Scytera; armed with other weapon systems too.
02[19:18] <@Detro> D> ::turns to the Utopians:: Safe to go in now, I take it?
01[19:18] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::squeezes Caelin's hand and then dashes down after Delgado::
02[19:19] <@Caelin> D>::chuckles a bit as freja goes after the doctor then motions for everyone else to enter:: it's safe, follow me
02[19:19] <@Marshall> D> ::hmphs again and enters the water sleeve::
02[19:20] <@Mel> D> ::shakes her head at the somewhat negativity still in the team and sighs before going after Delgado as well::
01[19:20] <@Savant> The other Autos and Trojans begin to enter the large circular bay. At the centre, dripping wet and with big plates welded over intakes and openings, waits Pathfinder. The bay is big enough to take her, and then some.
02[19:20] <@Detro> D> ::straightens shoulders, opting to not say what was on his mind -- that there was something far worse than drowning. Like quicksand.::
05[19:20] <@Birkin> *> Other weapon systems? Like what? I thought the purpse of those things was to keep them from getting saturated on the field
02[19:21] <@Delgado> D> ::can hear the wave coming 'Oh god the ceiling collapsed!' as she tries to push herself even faster to the point where she starts to hydroplane on a particularly slick spot, causing her dodges to now be more like ricochets off of them as she starts taking huge, gulping breaths, clawing her way past the metal::
01[19:21] <@Savant> Meanwhile, down within the City, a young boy pauses at the entrance to the Talons' apartments. He's wearing a tabard with a black and red embroidered sash over his shoulder.
02[19:22] <@Detro> D> ::steps in through the doors, looking for Pathfinder::
01[19:22] <@Savant> 5Drone> D> Delgado comes hydroplaning towards it, and the Auto fairly freaks out as it's rushed. The multi-legged machine scrambles left as Delgado veers right, then scrambles right as Delgado veers left, but it's not very quick.
01[19:23] <@Savant> 5Boy> *> Excuse me, honoured guests. General Kogmund arrives.
05[19:23] <@Gabriel> *> ::nods at the boy:: Thank you for the message.
05[19:24] <@Birkin> *> ::nods at the boy, wondering idly if that was a son or grandson of the General::
01[19:25] <@Savant> General Kogmund indeed does arrive a moment later. He is followed by a few other Armigers, as well as one of the Sophists, Cuthen Sunthere. Armoured Armigers, or perhaps Autos made to look the same, follow as well.
02[19:26] <@Mel> D> ::grimaces slightly seeing Delgado heading straight for a drone::
05[19:27] <@Gabriel> *> ::stands up as the General enters::
02[19:27] <@Mel> D> Watch out for the...! ::cringes as Delgado slams into the drone::
02[19:27] <@Marshall> D> ::sets the two heavy briefcases down in Pathfinder's vehicle bay and begins the diagnostics on the two NNets anew::
01[19:27] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::smiles, salutes, and then serriptitiously slinks off to ditch the toothbrush and spit::
02[19:28] <@Delgado> D> ::ungracefully slams into the drone but manages to spin around it and keep running, though now running slower as the wind was knocked out of her. Still, she keeps going, keeps trying to stay ahead of the wave as she painfully gasps for air::
01[19:28] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::winces as well.. she's not running down the shaft so much as she is just controlling her hydroplaning down the lenght of the tunnel::
02[19:28] <@Detro> D> ::trudges through the dock and through the passenger airlock on Pathfinder::
01[19:29] <@Savant> Pathfinder opens up before a few moments are out, like ants crawling out of disturbed hive.
01[19:30] <@Savant> Pathfinder is in a rather large cyllindrical room, seated upon a metal gantry that is emant to support submarines. It seems well suited to the task it's been given, as PAthfinder seems fine in its cradle
05[19:30] <@Birkin> *> ::does the same as the captain, awaiting to hear if they have made any progress in terms of negotiations::
01[19:31] <@Savant> 5Drone> D> ::to the fleeing Delgado:: *beep* pardon-me-citizen
02[19:31] <@Detro> D> ::heads up to the flight cabin:: So, did you guys catch some nice Utopian fish for dinner?
01[19:32] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::Steps into the courtyard amidst his entourage. He's still dressed in his armour with the toga overtop; it's his normal attire it seems.:: Good evening, Captain, Lieutenant. I hope that your afternoon has been well.
02[19:32] <@Marshall> D> ::looks over to Estrid:: Can you give me a hand?
01[19:33] <@Savant> As Kogmund speaks the Armigers with him spread out, some taking positions aroun the courtyard and others keeping by him. One of them sets a large dome on the tabletop::
05[19:33] <@Gabriel> *> Indeed it has, General, thank you. Will you sit?
02[19:33] <@Caelin> D>::to marshall and he finally comes up into the vehicle bay::so those are the two neural nets that were acting off during the demonstration?
05[19:33] <@Caelin> <<off=odd>>
01[19:33] <@Savant> Delgado reaches the bottom of the tunnel, back int he brightly lit and leafy green warehousing area that is the heart of the Docks. Several heads turn to stare at her.
02[19:34] <@Mel> D> Oof! ::grits her teeth as she careens off the drone, trying to keep up with Delgado::
01[19:35] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Skids off of the Drone, using her hands to redirect herself instead along the wall, which she slides down::
01[19:35] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::The general does, and gestures to his page - the boy leaves, and comes back a few minutes later with a friend, both of them have bread and fruit with them::
01[19:36] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::Squints at the machine Marshall has his suitcases attached to:: what's this now?
05[19:37] <@Birkin> *> ::sits down as well after the other two officers do so, spying the fruit as it comes in, a Talon could get used to this on mission::
02[19:37] <@Marshall> D> A computer interface tool. It allows us to "look at" what the NNet has learned.
02[19:37] <@Mel> D> ::regains her composure and her bearings and follows after Delgado::
05[19:38] <@Gabriel> *> ::sits as well:: You've had time to confer with your officers, and with the Council?
01[19:38] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::frowns at the thing:: Strangest one I've ever seen. Looks like an autofactury sensor.
02[19:38] <@Marshall> D> This here ::points:: is a tunneling electron microscope. That there is a computer database.
02[19:39] <@Caelin> D>::shrugs a bit:: probably does the same job for a different purpose
02[19:40] <@Detro> D> ::seeing the others quite busy, he gives up and heads to where his stuff is stored, picking up a rucksack of his there and heading back down to the vehicle bay::
01[19:40] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::nods:: I have. They're considering it right now. It will likely be awhile. These are not small measures being asked.
02[19:41] <@Delgado> D> ::once seeing more people she finally stops and bends over, her hands on her knees as she tries to catch her breath, her whole body shaking from the adrenaline and after effects of fear::
01[19:41] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::nods at Caelin::
01[19:41] <@Savant> The TEM-Scanner beeps a few times and the screen pulls up an image. It looks like a tangled mass of sticks, a haybale up close and personal. A few of the points of intersection are highlighted in bright flashing red
02[19:42] <@Mel> D> ::almost slides into the room::
01[19:42] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::comes skidding out of the tunnel, skipping a few times as she's no longer got water to slide upon - it all disappears down a grate - and the jogs over towards Mel and Delgado:: Xochitl, are you okay? What happened?
02[19:43] <@Marshall> D> ::looks at the result and hmmms::
02[19:43] <@Caelin> D>::looks at the screen then at marshall::something wrong?
02[19:43] <@Mel> D> ::catches her breath and looks over at Delgado with some concern::
05[19:43] <@Gabriel> *> Of course, I understand completely. We've been discussing your Scyteras. Quite impressive. I seem to have stumbled on Steelgate's tactics against them during our demonstration.
01[19:44] <@Savant> In the City, the two pages set out a bowl of bread - seems freshly baked - and another bowl of fruit. They then depart again to bring a watery fruit juice; smells like watermelon. The Trojans take food seriously.
02[19:44] <@Delgado> D> ::somewhere in the back of her mind she knows she heard her name, but what was the rest of it? Oh god, is the wave still coming?? She spins around to look behind her, her eyes rolling in her head, wide enough to see more white than iris:: I... Is... Is.. Is it...?! ::gulps the air, her voice getting louder and louder::
01[19:45] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> *> ::nods at Tynes:: The Flood. They do their best to douse us with fire.
02[19:45] <@Detro> D> ::drops by the activity in the vehicle bay:: So, what's the verdict?
05[19:46] <@Gabriel> *> It's unfortunately a pretty standard tactic against grouped stealthed units. Goes back millenia... ::smiles slightly:: ... probably because it's so effective.
05[19:46] <@Gabriel> *> The CEF have used it against us a time or two, as I've mentioned.
02[19:47] <@Marshall> D> Well, originally that's what I figured. It had delinked from the training program. Bypassed the simulated damage. But...
02[19:47] <@Mel> D> Delgado?
02[19:47] <@Marshall> D> Look here. These are new. Completely new.
01[19:48] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::Smiles gently:: We know. They've never been so desperate. We've been working on a few counter-systems.
01[19:49] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::stops beside Delgado:: Xochitl? It's okay. There's no water. It's gone. ::She grabs Delgado's hand and squeezes hard, looking honestly quite concerned::
02[19:49] <@Marshall> D> New nueral paths. These nets actually learned something from that fight. It looks like they are responding by using the vehicle's inertia instead of the actuaters to manuever the vehicle. I.... don't even know what to make of that.
01[19:50] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> *> ::He holds up one hand as a fist and thrusts an open-palmed hand out from overtop of it:: A counter-battery, if you want.
[19:50] <@Mel> ::wishes she had had the chance to attend the social science courses back in the Humanist Alliance::
02[19:50] <@Caelin> D>::looks and hmms::so what does it mean, they've figured out how to fight out autos?
05[19:50] <@Caelin> <<our>>
02[19:50] <@Detro> D> It means those NNets know a little bit more about physics now, from what it sounds.
02[19:51] <@Marshall> D> yes. But. These paths are growing towards and into older paths. It's eventually going to replace those paths. That's typically a bad thing. Very bad.
01[19:51] <@Savant> 2Sophist Cuthen Sunthere> *> ::Sits back and takes some bread, watching as he eats::
02[19:52] <@Delgado> D> ::her eyes continually shift between Mel and Scildfreja, her hand unconsciously clamping down onto Freja's like she was a lifeline:: I... the water... I heard it... it... it... ::the rational part of her mind starts to kick back in:: It was coming.
05[19:52] <@Birkin> *> Several small units again acting in tandem?
01[19:53] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> *> The Scytera are going to be armed with small rockets of their own, and will be able to launch at any incoming Floods with one of their own. Should knock out most of the swarm.
02[19:53] <@Caelin> D>::hmms:: can you tell what the original path was used for?
02[19:53] <@Mel> D> ::nods in understanding:: It's okay now
05[19:53] <@Gabriel> *> ::also takes advantage of the food, content to listen to the technical discussion::
02[19:54] <@Detro> D> You sure about that?
01[19:54] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::Rubs the back of Delgado's hand, standing close enough that she's blocking sight of the tunnel that they had just come down towards:: I'm sorry, I should have warned you that there's usually a bit of water left in the dock when it opens.
02[19:55] <@Marshall> D> You wanna look at it? Yes I'm sure!
02[19:55] <@Marshall> D> ::nods, then hmphs again::
01[19:56] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::Glances evenly at his son Kenweard, then shrugs and takes some bread for himself::
05[19:56] <@Birkin> *> What is its sucess ratio in simulations?
02[19:57] <@Detro> D> ::backs off, shrugs:: I was going to suggest showing it to Estrid here. Maybe the Utopians might have some way to prevent that.
02[19:57] <@Detro> D> But, if you want to get snippy over it, I'm sure that'll solve the problem too.
01[19:57] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::Shrugs:: Could shoot it with some gamma. That'd do it.
02[19:57] <@Detro> D> ::heads out of Pathfinder with his rucksack, heading back down the slope::
02[19:58] <@Delgado> D> ::shakes her head, trying to shake it clear. Her once pale cheeks now flare up with color as she drops her eyes, not even able to look at Freja or Mel:: I... I... ::chokes up, not knowing what to say. The stupid dust-dwelling doctor just estranged herself even more with the crew:: I'm sorry....
01[19:58] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> *> Around seventy, and it's getting better. Estrids' team has been working on the driver solidly.
02[19:58] <@Marshall> D> Won't that wipe the nueral nets?
01[19:59] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::Shrugs:: I don't know, it's your computer.
02[19:59] <@Detro> D> ::makes his way carefully down the path -- it's still wet after all::
02[20:00] <@Marshall> D> ::checks the database for recommendations on gamma particle exposure::
02[20:00] <@Mel> D> ::shakes her head:: It's okay Doc, everything's fine now. To tell the truth, it makes me nervous too
01[20:01] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::hugs Delgado tight as she gets allr ed and flustered:: I'm sorry, I should've warned you..
02[20:01] <@Marshall> D> ::nods:: Yeah. It destroys nueral pathways. The trick is destroying the right ones. Brain surgery for computers.
02[20:02] <@Detro> D> ::reaching the bottom of the path, spots the wayward Talons and Utopian... he pauses a bit, not sure whether to make light of the situation or just ignore it::
05[20:03] <@Birkin> *> ::nods, pondering saying that a learning NNet like thay use would make that system increase its reliability over time, but decides not to act like a used gear salesman:: Sounds like it's going very well. Will they be ready for your offensive in the north?
02[20:04] <@Detro> D> ::decides to be nice about it as he approaches them:: Pathfinder's opened up, if you want to get anything...
05[20:04] <@Gabriel> *> ::leans forward -- this was the part of the conversation he was interested in::
01[20:04] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::nods calmly:: Not all of them, but enough. We'll be dispersed enough that it won't work very well.
02[20:04] <@Delgado> D> ::she was holding her own until Scildfreja hugged her, then it started a storm of sniffles as she fought like hell not to cry:: I... I should've told... told you. I didn't... mean to... ::flicks her gaze to Mel, looking utterly helpless::
05[20:06] <@Birkin> *> ::nods, not bringing up to the General about how they won't be dispersed at all if they attack a city:: How soon do you expect a CEF or Steelgate counter-offensive to your pre emptive strike?
01[20:06] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::leans into the controls of the TEM-scanner and prods at the viewscreen buttons, looking in and out, back and forth across the neural map::
02[20:07] <@Mel> D> ::smiles sympathetically and moves closer to Delgado:: It's okay, it really is Doc.
02[20:07] <@Marshall> D> Okay. Let's get this over with. ::grabs some tools and equipment::
[20:07] <@Caelin> D>if you could isolate bad paths or paths that cause bad habits in your gears, you could be able to remove them without wiping the whole thing right?
02[20:07] <@Detro> D> ::and in mid-sentence, decides this is probably best left a "chick thing" and backs off::
01[20:08] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> We expect that they'll want to counter-attack right away, but they still haven't located any of our bases. We're confident in our ability to escape from the engagement before they can bring any serious force to bear.
02[20:08] <@Marshall> D> ::nods to Caelin:: I hadn't thought about it like that, but an NNet is very similar to a human brain.
01[20:08] <@Savant> Kogmund waves a hand overtop of the dome that one of his Armigers brought, and the thing clicks once. A holographic image of the Utopian globe appears hovering a few inches atop the black surface.
02[20:09] <@Detro> D> ::starts making his way back to the Talon's living quarters::
01[20:10] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::continues to gesture atop the globe, zooming in and tilting the map to his liking. As he zooms in, the surface flattens out as it ought, and location names come into view.::
02[20:10] <@Delgado> D> ::the last of her adrenaline washes away as she just slumps against Scildfreja, too tired to even cry now, though her voice is full of tears:: I don't belong... not here or in Talons. I knew it, I knew it. I can't fit in, I can't... I can't stand water... I don't think I'm even Human anymore!
01[20:11] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> I could call the doctor up here, he's got a little neuroscience I think. Not a lot of call for it here, really...
02[20:12] <@Caelin> D>::nods a looks at estrid::what about the geneticists? they use similar equipment to search for a remove genetic defects right?
01[20:12] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::Gives Delgado a squeeze and rubs her back, murmuring:: I should've never brought you up here, I should've known. It's not your fault
02[20:12] <@Marshall> D> No need. I can do it. ::isolates te pathways that needed to be removed using the TEM and began eliminating them::
02[20:12] <@Mel> D> ::Blinks several times:: Of course you belong here in the Talons...we need you and you are fitting in. As far as I can tell, or see, you look Human enough for me.
01[20:14] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::gestures with his finger across the map, it leaves lines or marks depending on the positions of the fingers on his opposite hand:: We're letting the Alliance build there forces here, in Genethon. THey feel confident that it's secure.
02[20:15] <@Delgado> D> ::looks at Mel, knowing she knows Roland better than her:: I'm afraid... I'm afraid Roland will kill me. I... ::shuts her mouth and shakes her head, looking 10 years older suddenly:: I need to lay down, I think...
05[20:15] <@Birkin> *> ::nods:: Easy to disperse into the mountain ranges. You spoke also about the possibility of capturing a city after this offensive?
01[20:16] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> We've been letting them feel secure. Genethon is very much our own. They'll travel through the Midathon Pass and gather in the plains of Genethon, likely close to the Bittern Pass. We've got a base there and we'll be able to strike them easily.
02[20:16] <@Detro> D> ::it's actually nice... being able to take his time going somewhere here. Observe the city outside of an attention-drawing crowd of any sort::
02[20:17] <@Mel> D> ::nods in understanding:: He is a terrifying person, but he won't do anything to a team member
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::lets Delgado go, though keeps holding onto her hand:: Let's go back to my place. ::glances at Mel, then nods:: He'll have to go through me first.
02[20:18] <@Mel> D> ::nods at Freja::
01[20:18] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::nods at Birkin:: Most of their forces on the continent are involved in this. If we can neutralize most of them, and if we cna move quickly, we'll have a chance of infiltrating into Rhodes.
02[20:18] <@Marshall> D> Well, that's about the best I can do.
02[20:19] <@Marshall> D> We won't know any more until we get it back into Zealot.
05[20:19] <@Gabriel> *> How strong is their force on the plains?
02[20:20] <@Detro> D> ::when he reaches a spot he can see the underground city from, he pauses for a bit, thinking wistfully::
02[20:20] <@Caelin> D>::nods:: and how was the other one?
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::continues to draw::We expect a very strong force, but it won't be in one place. They'll be spread out to avoid a strategic attack. We should be able to bite off pieces of them over the course of several battles until they surrender the field; we can retreat into the mountains between taking on each camp. ::he pauses to think:: I suspect anywhere between ten to fifty
01[20:22] <@Savant> Detro sees Troy form his view at the lip of the gate to the docks. There are a few peopl here, talking overtop of a holographic display that only they can see. He gets a glance and an odd look, but that's about it.
01[20:22] <@Savant> ((Ten to fifty thousand Autos per camp))
02[20:22] * @Delgado (~sindari@76.20.0.97) Quit (Quit: [22:00] <Savant> i'm like a magnet for fucktards. I emit an electroretardation field. Attracts stupid.)
02[20:24] <@Marshall> D> Just fine. Well maintained.
05[20:25] <@Birkin> *> And CEF Forces? Do they have a presence in this area? Or where is their closest base of operations?
01[20:25] <@Savant> Meanwhile, Mel and Scildfreja escort a distraught Delgado back into the city, through the crowds, and a small apartment close to the central spire of Troy.
[20:25] <@Caelin> D>from what i understand off Miss Tyrelle i'm not suprised
02[20:25] <@Detro> D> ::finds himself wishing Kellie were here, and envious of Caelin and Scildfreja::
01[20:26] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> They do, and that's actually where we hope you'll be most helpful. Their bases are integrated with the Republicans for the most part. They have an airbase on their own, as well.
05[20:27] <@Mel> C> ::helps Scildfreja guide Delgado into the apartment::
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::Frowns and crosses her arms as she watches the scanner do its thing:: Huh. Strange. Crystal computers.
01[20:28] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> C> ::Helps poor Delgado onto a couch and sets her down, leaving only briefly to go get some water for everyone. She spares Mel a worried glance::
05[20:28] <@Gabriel> *> What did you have in mind, General?
05[20:28] <@Birkin> *> ::shrugs his shoulder a little bit with a smile:: We do know how to kill Earthers.
02[20:29] <@Caelin> D>::nods to estrid::but could you imagine what our autos would be like if they had these plus our NAIs?
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> Our greatest worry is the Earther's speed. They, and the fast attack column of Steelgate forces, will be able to outflank us quickly if we aren't able to stop them - and Hovertanks aren't easy to stop.
01[20:30] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> You're very fast and carry a lot of firepower. We'd like to assign you and a few of our Lead Armigers to deal with any high speed flanks. If you're interested in participating.
05[20:30] <@Mel> C> ::smiles reassuredly and rests a hand on Delgado's shoulder:: Everything'll be okay now. Just relax now
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::tucks a blanket around Delgado, who's inconsolate with misery and soon curled up on the couch beneath the cover::
05[20:31] <@Gabriel> *> ::smiles:: Not as fast as hovertanks, to be sure, but we've outmaneuvered them before, particularly in rough terrain. Where did you have in mind for this?
02[20:32] <@Detro> D> ::continues on towards the Talon quarters after a bit::
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::Zooms in closer yet, revealing that the map he's got is proably accurate enough that you could count the hairs on someones' head with it:: Pass 212, we think. It's a little further back in the range, and a quick flight column could go up it, turn through the saddle of the Bittern range and come up behind us. We'll have a strong guard stationed there, but we've recen
01[20:34] <@Savant> ((But we've recently gotten some intel on what will be in their flight column, and it isn't pretty.))
05[20:35] <@Gabriel> *> Sounds ideal so far. An isolated area, where our presence will likely go undetected, particularly if we can shut down communications there. What kind of force are you expecting?
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> D> ::Comes back into Pathfinder's vehicle bay as the sound of saws can be heard through the hull:: Mr. Marshall, Mr Caelin! Ms! Good to see you again. We thought you had left us out there to rot!
02[20:37] <@Mel> D> ::takes a sip of water and looks at Scildfreja:: I think she'll be okay after she sleeps this off
02[20:37] <@Marshall> D> ::salutes::
02[20:38] <@Caelin> D>::chuckles a bit:: good to see you again as well, how was the trip underwater?
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> Portas Berelaits - Air-carrier Autos, carrying probably a hundred or two dedicated Autotroop. We hear they've even got some Donner Punctum's - light tanks. The Earthers are going to be bringing their 72's, the HSTs, and their Battle Frames with them. Perhaps some of their high speed artillery.
01[20:39] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> :::nods sadly, looking a bit stricken herself as she watches Delgado fall into a fitful sleep:: I'm an idiot. I knew she was afraid of water.
05[20:40] <@Gabriel> *> The tanks and the artillery will do well in the pass, but they're nearly useless in mountainous country. They'll have to rely on their frames for that. That will limit their striking strength. How good are Steelgate autos in mountainous terrain?
02[20:41] <@Mel> D> Hmm...we all make mistakes and who knows, maybe she was trying to face up to her fears? It's a hard thing to admit to, being afraid of anything, but it takes a lot of courage to try to face it
01[20:41] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> Almost as good as ours. I suspect that they will plant their artillery down in good locations in the valley and use them to support the advance of their Autos. The - have you ever seen footage of a Berelait attack?
01[20:42] <@Savant> 2Lieutenant Agnes 'Aggie' Lemnos> D> ::tosses off a casual salute:: Oh, pretty horrible. This bird isn't made for the water. Poor Jeremi's in fits!
05[20:44] <@Gabriel> *> ::shakes his head:: No, we haven't.
01[20:44] <@Savant> Kogmund snaps his fingers over the dome and the hologram vanishes, replaced with a menu system, which he navigates through quickly. A grainy, monochrome holographic display appears instead.
01[20:44] <@Savant> Meanwhile, a helmeted Armiger confronts Detro as he arrives back home.
01[20:45] <@Savant> On the hologram, a broad and grassy slope has been pitted by rocket fire. More rockets follow along, blacking out the picture in pixels with every strike. Between them and through the smoke, spots grow larger as the supposed Bereliats get closer.
02[20:45] <@Caelin> D>::smirks a bit:: maybe i can ask if he can get some time in our simulators, he'd probably be thrilled to see what it's like to fly utopian aircraft
05[20:45] <@Detro> *> ::stops in front of the armiger, silent for a moment -- it's a little more intimidating to face one OUTSIDE of one's gear than in...:: Hello?
01[20:46] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::wrings her hands:: Well, yes. But she didn't even know it was coming. I should've told her.
01[20:46] <@Savant> 2Armiger> *> ::Makews a buzzing sound before speaking in a metallic voice - identical to both Caelin's and Scildfreja's voice when they speak through their Armigers:: This section is closed.
02[20:47] <@Marshall> D> Take good care of the old gal. We ain't gettin' home without'er
01[20:47] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> D> ::laughs and shouts back into the cabin:: Hey, Jeremi, you wanna fly one of the Trojan planes?
05[20:47] <@Detro> *> I should hope not, since this was where I've been quartered. Detro Takira, Black Talon 05?
01[20:47] <@Savant> 2Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> D> ::almost inaudible in the distance of the front of the craft:: How're we sposed to fly down *here*?
05[20:48] <@Birkin> *> ::looks carefully at the footage coming into view::
01[20:48] <@Savant> The spots get larger still, until the footage slows and you can make their forms out - tehy'd be moving too fast to see otherwise. Close to the ground, like dragonflies with boxy jets for wings, come a swarm of Autos.
02[20:48] <@Mel> D> She'll be a bit stronger for it ::she said with hopeful optimism:: And I think we were all caught up in the whole getting to see Pathfinder again...
01[20:49] <@Savant> Beneath each one, in an armoured socket, rests another Auto - it is visible by the legs folded up beneath the airframe. The sight is almost invisible from the rockets rushing out form the machines.
01[20:50] <@Savant> As the Autocarriers get close they release their cargo. The large spidery walkers are already firing by the time they hit the ground - perfect paratroopers.
05[20:51] <@Detro> *> ::having identified himself, he stands there, waiting patiently::
01[20:51] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> Oh, I hope so. I should call Cuthen. He knows what to do when things like this happen. He can help. ::glances at the intercom embedded in the wall
01[20:52] <@Savant> 2Armiger> ::doesn't move, his electro-mace still blocking the way. Finally, the Armiger raises the weapon, watching Detro sharply. The way is clear, it seems.::
05[20:52] <@Gabriel> *> Very impressive. How many of these Berelaits do you expect?
05[20:53] <@Detro> *> Thank you. ::shoulders his rucksack again and heads forward::
01[20:53] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> We aren't sure how many they'll dedicate to the flight column, but I'd suspect at least two hundred.
02[20:53] <@Mel> D> I think you did quite well back there ::smiles then let's out a sigh and relaxes abit more::
05[20:54] <@Gabriel> *> ::raises his eyebrows::
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::looks about hte vehicle bay, in what amounts to the SAnctum Sanctorum of the Black Talons:: What else do you have in here?
05[20:55] <@Gabriel> *> This is quite a commitment of forces, General. You do realize, as impressive as my team is, they are just a handful? ::smiles crookedly::
05[20:56] <@Detro> *> ::enters the common area and seeing the company there, pauses in the background::
05[20:56] <@Birkin> *> We need Gotah and the rest of his teams here ::grunts wishfully::
02[20:56] <@Marshall> D> Most of our gears are already out. Though we have a few others. Noteably that one over there is a CEF 6-55 frame.
02[20:56] <@Caelin> D>::glances at marshall::
01[20:56] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::smirks a little:: I'm hoping that you'll leave something for my Armigers, Captain. We'll be committing at least a hundred Waeps, ten Scytera, and a hundred various foot Autos to the flank.
05[20:58] <@Gabriel> *> That shouldn't be a problem. It sounds like we'll run out of bullets before your enemy runs out of autos.
01[20:58] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> D> ::bites her lip, clenches and relaxes her fingers, but does not break anything. She fusses with her hair compunctually before trying to relax:: Thank you. For coming to help. With her, I mean. Do you want anything?
05[20:58] <@Gabriel> *> Still, this sounds like a good first joint effort.
01[20:59] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> Seen'em. Well, not that one. ::squints at the vehicle:: Looks like they've added some stealth characteristics to it. Not very good ones either.
05[21:00] <@Detro> *> ::looks at Birkin, hoping to get his attention::
01[21:00] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::nods:: I think so. What would you like for us to hold in reserve for your position? How much do you think you might need?
02[21:00] <@Mel> D> ::smiles:: You're welcome...no one else seemed to notice or care ::frowns a little, but shakes her head a bit:: I'm good right now...mind if I ask you a question?
02[21:00] <@Marshall> D> ::points:: This is a Terra Novan Sand Spider, a Caprican Flea, and a Liberati Stealth Reubeni.
05[21:01] <@Birkin> *> ::looks over and spies Detro:: Excuse me a moment sirs ::Stands up and moves over to Detro:: Sous-Sergeant. Docks not suit your fancy?
01[21:02] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::points:: Caprice? ::then heads over to the vehicles::
05[21:02] <@Detro> *> ::shakes his head:: Got what I needed. ::pats the rucksack:: Just wanted you to know that Pathfinder made it safely. Marshall's working on the NNet oddities. But there was also a problem with Delgado. ::briefly (and quietly) relates what happened when the doors opened::
05[21:03] <@Birkin> *> ::listens for a few moments:: She's alright now though? ::holds back saying that when it rains it pours with that woman::
05[21:03] <@Gabriel> *> In what? Ammuntion, or forces?
05[21:04] <@Detro> *> Last I saw her, she was with Mel and Scildfreja, and they were taking her back into the city. ::Frowns:: I would have thought they'd bring her here.
02[21:04] <@Marshall> D> Never been there, but I have read the dossier on them.
01[21:04] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::nods:: Either. We've not yet cemented where we're putting our forces, that's coming as the intel comes in. How many fallback points would you like us to build for you?
02[21:04] <@Caelin> D>::nods:: the liberati are still learning about how to fight the terrans, they've come a long way though from what i saw during the bastilla alpha campaign
05[21:05] <@Gabriel> *> I'll have to look over the terrain, and your technical details on these enemy units.
05[21:05] <@Birkin> *> The city proper? They might have taken her to Freja and Caelin's room. I'm sure she'll be fine.
01[21:05] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::looks over the Reubeni casually:: .. huh. You've collected a lot of things from across the Concordat in here, havne't you?
02[21:06] <@Marshall> D> I should make it a hobby, shouldn't I?
05[21:06] <@Detro> *> Hmm, didn't think of that. I'm sure she's fine then. You know how Badlanders are about water...
01[21:07] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> I'll leave the computer here, look through it at your leisure. Hold your hand over it flat and it will pull up a command list. You can give it spoken commands as well.
05[21:07] <@Gabriel> *> ::nods:: Thank you, General.
05[21:07] <@Birkin> *> ::grunts:: Badlanders in general.
01[21:07] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> You should. Why don't you come over later tonight and tell me about all these exotic places you've been to?
02[21:08] <@Marshall> D> ::grins:: Yes'm.
05[21:08] <@Detro> *> ::nods:: So, did I miss anything exciting while I was out?
05[21:09] <@Birkin> *> ::looks back at the display holo:: We pretty much have our assignment in the big action to come, and we saw a nasty looking drone that we're going to become intimately familiar with here pretty quick.
01[21:09] <@Savant> 2Estrid> D> ::grins as well:: I'll pick you up at eight.
02[21:10] <@Caelin> D>::smirks a bit and casually extracts himself from the vehicle bay and heads back to his apartment::
05[21:10] <@Detro> *> Good. Hopefully Marshall has the issues with the captain's NNet fixed for that.
01[21:10] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::nods and rises, moving to depart with his entourage::
05[21:11] <@Gabriel> *> ::rises also as the General prepares to depart::
01[21:12] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> *> ::pauses, then shakes Gabriel's hand:: thank you, Captain. I'll speak with you again tomorrow.
05[21:12] <@Birkin> *> ::turns to the General as he departs:: Thank you general ::bows his head::
05[21:12] <@Gabriel> *> ::returns the handshake:: As you wish, General.
01[21:13] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:13] <@Savant> as good a palce as any to call it off. Not too bad all in all. A little slapstick, a little information, a little drama, a little lobotomizing.
[21:13] <@Caelin> a little fraternizing too
01[21:13] <@Savant> A little
01[21:14] <@Savant> any questions?
01[21:14] <@Savant> also, next week - wedding in game? Or shall that be an aftersim? or a log?
[21:14] <@Gabriel> Nope. Nice little game. We'll need some more details on what we'll be facing.
[21:14] <@Birkin> In game
[21:15] <@Gabriel> No opinion.
01[21:15] <@Savant> I shall get you a map and some specs on your bad guys.
[21:15] <@Marshall> Sure. In game is fine.
[21:15] <@Birkin> we're going to be blowing stuff up enough in the future. Character sims are good too
[21:15] <@Caelin> plus we need to have a partay:)
[21:16] <@Birkin> Do we have access to mines here that we could use during this?
[21:16] <@Detro> I suspect Marshall will be having a par-tay with Estrid soon enough.
01[21:16] <@Savant> there are some things to sort out for those who want some drama during the wedding socializing. Tynes needs to learn that his Gear has been lobotomized.
[21:16] <@Birkin> maybe set up a few bouncing bettys or the Utopian equiv in the main column line
01[21:16] <@Savant> did you bring mines?
[21:16] <@Birkin> I don't believe so
[21:16] <@Birkin> do the Utopian's not believe in mines?
01[21:16] <@Savant> oh yes they do
01[21:17] <@Savant> nucklear mines
[21:17] <@Gabriel> Sadly, Gabriel's completely unsympathetic to the needs of techie-organic paste. Wink
01[21:18] <@Savant> so when your GEar starts to have a seizure and twitches involuntarily on its left side, you're cool with that? Wink
[21:18] <@Gabriel> Nope. He'll order the NNet wiped.
[21:18] <@Detro> Ouch
[21:18] <@Gabriel> So, guess we're gonna see who on the team is sympathetic to the needs of techie-organic paste. Wink
01[21:18] <@Savant> die, Gear! ua hua hua
01[21:18] <@Savant> Juno will be all D: D: D: D: D:
[21:19] <@Caelin> gabriel's like "just as long as you get it working like it should"
[21:19] <@Gabriel> Hey, he's not JM. Told you that. He's by the book. Gear gets twitchy, Gear gets reset. Those are the regs.
06[21:19] * @Savant nods
01[21:19] <@Savant> I know. Juno will still freak out Wink
01[21:19] <@Savant> Anyways. Expees?
[21:19] <@Birkin> Marshall will be banned from tinkering with NNets unless with adult supervision
[21:19] <@Birkin> expees are good
01[21:20] <@Savant> One is for teamwrok, whcih doesn't really apply. So let's do one for characterization. Learn anything about each others cahracters? Or your own?
[21:20] <@Caelin> it's a good thing juno wasn't with us in the fury:)
[21:20] <@Marshall> haha. It's my job though
[21:20] <@Detro> Expees, yis
[21:20] <@Caelin> scildfreya's pretty upset about delgado right now
[21:21] <@Caelin> well about what happened with delgado
01[21:21] <@Savant> she does not like her friends to go insane Sad
[21:21] <@Detro> That apparently there are gender divisions in BT05 Smile
[21:21] <@Marshall> Detro was already insane =D
[21:21] <@Marshall> err. Delgado. Tab fail
[21:21] <@Detro> At least Detro didn't laugh at Delgado.
[21:22] <@Birkin> Yeah I thought in the 62nd Century we'd be over these gender issues
01[21:23] <@Savant> gender divisions?
01[21:23] <@Savant> anyways, anything else? Other than Delgado's freakout?
[21:23] <@Caelin> also Jeremi is going to end up with cabin fever or something if he doesn't get into a plane, hopefully New Troy has very realistic simulators available:P
01[21:24] <@Savant> heh, not good enough for him Wink
01[21:24] <@Savant> nothing else? I am saddened Sad
01[21:25] <@Savant> anything for storyline, then?
[21:25] <@Caelin> marshall may be getting laid in the near future?
[21:25] <@Detro> Heh.
[21:25] <@Detro> Well, the big storyline is we know there's a big fight coming up that we'll have a part in.
01[21:26] <@Savant> there is indeed. Anything interesting about that?
01[21:26] <@Savant> anything illuminating? anything that will be important?
[21:27] <@Birkin> Yeah New Troy has serious ambitions. They' have excellent plans too. The incredibly fast paratrooper dropping drone is interesting too
[21:27] <@Detro> We know some of the tactics that Steelgate will try to use if they expect we're just another Utopian squad.
[21:28] <@Gabriel> They're demonstrating right from the outset that they'll take on all comers, like I mentioned a couple of weeks back.
01[21:28] <@Savant> totally unintimidated
[21:28] <@Birkin> I think we need to get more information on how they're going to handle the wide open plains
[21:29] <@Birkin> when they go for the town
[21:29] <@Caelin> also kogmund is willing to do whatever it takes for the talons to be able to get in and out easily, fallback points, supplies, definitely taking the whole joint operation thing seriously
[21:29] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Honestly, they don't have to do anything about this attack, except that they want to and they're gonna defend what they see as "theirs", even if they can't control it worth a damn.
01[21:30] <@Savant> interesting perspective on it
01[21:31] <@Savant> anything else?
01[21:31] <@Savant> we're at one so far.
[21:31] <@Gabriel> It's totally the opposite of the Liberati. The Liberati in exactly the same situation just go into their hole and pull the hole in after them.
[21:31] <@Detro> Oh, and if you ever want to drive Scildfreja crazy, keep her hands from getting to her hair.
[21:31] <@Gabriel> The Trojans could do the exact same thing here. Leave the CEF to wander an empty plain.
01[21:31] <@Savant> ehee, that's an awesome visual, man.
[21:32] <@Gabriel> ::grins:: True, though.
01[21:32] <@Savant> Well, the Trojans are more worried about what happens when the Allied forces realize the plains are empty and then come southwards. Troy will have to bring them to battle *sometime*, and they figure this will give them the best shot of it.
01[21:33] <@Savant> I will make it two points if you can tell me how you can imagine you will get Delgado to go on a Navy SEAL adventure.
[21:34] <@Detro> Highly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[21:33] <@Savant> I will make it two points if you can tell me how you can imagine you will get Delgado to go on a Navy SEAL adventure.
[21:34] <@Detro> Highly hallucinogenic drugs
[21:34] <@Birkin> drug her
[21:34] <@Detro> And duct tape.
[21:34] <@Detro> Lots of duct tape.
[21:34] <@Birkin> like BA Baracas
[21:34] <@Birkin> "I AINT GETTING IN NO WATER"
[21:34] <@Gabriel> Hee, that's easy. Just put her in front of the tank where Scild can watch her coward out.
[21:34] <@Gabriel> Delgado's desire to retain Scild's good opinion will overpower this whole water thing. Wink
[21:35] <@Marshall> lol
01[21:36] <@Savant> ehee, didn't work today, but it's worth another shot now that she's gotten the whole freakout done.
01[21:36] <@Savant> that's two points. Well done all!
01[21:36] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:31] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:31] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:31] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:31] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:31] <@Marshall> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> i feel your pain brotha.
01[18:31] <@Savant> No Jester, no Itz. Gonna give them a few moments to turn up here.
01[18:32] <@Savant> while we wait I am going to direct your attention to #LemOS
[18:32] <@Birkin> ::attn::
[18:32] <@Caelin> ::attn::
03[18:36] * Jester (~jester@99-37-68-207.lightspeed.cornca.sbcglobal.net) has joined #bt05
03[18:36] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
03[18:37] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
01[18:37] <@Savant> we have been waiting for you or Itz to arrive, JEster. I will ask you to roll a social skill of your choice, CPX 1 /INF, and report your MOS over 5
01[18:43] <@Savant> Hello, and good evening! welcome to yet another exciting episode of the Black Talons! TOnight we have the magnificent Trojan Gala ball.
01[18:44] <@Savant> I'll be your host and Maitre'd. Tonight we are going to have a bit of a soiree. That said, we won't have to sit through a ream of boring ceremony. The game will start after all that.
01[18:44] <@Savant> I will have my hands full with NPCs tonight, so if you need my attention or I've missed you for awhile - if you're waiting for a reply on something, tell me.
01[18:45] <@Savant> you have a lot of things you can pursue tonight, and I hope that you take up the opportunity to do so. This will be your chance to win favours that you can later on use during the course of your stay on Utopia
01[18:45] <@Savant> it's your one big shot to get something for nothing. Don't waste it.
01[18:46] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[18:46] <@Savant> early Afternoon of 20 December, 462 UC (32AUT46)
01[18:46] <@Savant> New Troy, Golan Mountains, Central Sumer
01[18:46] <@Savant> 21 degrees C, indoors. Low radiation levels.
01[18:46] <@Savant> A lovely day for a wedding. Even though the city is weather-controlled - if you can call it weather at all - the day seems especially nice for a wedding. The Black Talons have gathered in their sunday finest to attend the marriage of Scildfreja and Caelin Osbearn along with their friends and family.
01[18:46] <@Savant> It is uncommon to get this sort of a celebration in the midst of a gruelling war - doubly so with how serious the Trojans' situation is. Everyone in the city seems to know this, and has tried extra-hard to make it a special event. Caelin, it turns out, is something of a celebrity in Troy, a fame won through hard work and sacrifice. Hundreds are here, thousands more wish they could be.
01[18:46] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:46] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:46] <@Marshall> ack
[18:46] <@Roland> ack
[18:46] <@Detro> ack
[18:47] <@Caelin> ack
01[18:47] <@Savant> and I'm ready for questions.
[18:47] <@Gabriel> ::raises::
01[18:47] <@Savant> Gabriel?
[18:48] <@Roland> ::raises::
[18:48] <@Gabriel> Who all is attending this wedding, in the general sense? Presumably not the full Council.
01[18:48] <@Savant> A fairly large gathering. There's gotta be some two hundred people here. It turns out that Caelin is something of a celebrity here.
[18:48] <@Birkin> ack
01[18:49] <@Savant> not all the council, but a good proportion of it. A lot of Armigers - basically anyone who could attend is here in that regard
01[18:49] <@Savant> people from all segments of the city are here.
01[18:49] <@Savant> Roland?
[18:49] <@Roland> Dress code?
[18:50] <@Caelin> your sunday best toga:)
01[18:50] <@Savant> You were not told about any dress code. That is a very good point, though. Anyone want to roll grooming to tidy themselves up a bit?
01[18:51] <@Savant> if you want to roll dice, you can roll lore(Utopia) /kno cpx 2 or etiquette(Utopia) /kno cpx 1 to find that out.
[18:51] <@Birkin> !check 1 1 etiquetteUtopia
[18:52] <@Marshall> <--
01[18:52] <@Savant> ... in a channel with Lemon
[18:52] <@Birkin> er woops
[18:52] <@Roland> Eh. I'll just go in dress uniform, then. Wink
[18:53] <@Detro> Ditto.
01[18:53] <@Savant> any other questions?
01[18:54] <@Savant> Seems no. Let's begin.
[18:54] <@Detro> Yeah, but it's a /y
01[18:54] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:54] <@Savant> On what appears to be a sunny summer's day, not at all deep within the granite of the earth, Scildfreja has now becomes Scildfreja Osbearn, and the two strange foreign scouts which the Talons met almost a cycle ago on Caprice are now finally husband and wife. The site of this occasion is a lovely courtyard, ringed with green plants and draped with blue and white banners, and filled with friends and relatives.
01[18:54] <@Savant> The ceremony itself had been simple and delightfully brief. Scildfreja and Caelin both wore new clothes, heavily enbroidered and very fine looking. They exchanged vows in front of Hereald Trosige, one of the councillors, they signed a marriage ledger in a brief ceremony, they drank a bitter bellflower wine that was shared with everyone present at the same time. Then Caelin kissed his bride, and that was that.
01[18:54] <@Savant> There was no interruption between the ceremony and the reception afterwards, indeed it seemed that no one made any distinction between the two. The party was just as important in their minds as the words and formalities. The meal that was just now being cleaned away had been excellent and the small dessert pastries that were now coming out smelled just as good.
01[18:54] <@Savant> The mood of the crowd is good, spirits are high. Though a war rages on above, and it is indeed about to get much hotter, for now at least the Trojans are happy to let their Hektor have his day and to celebrate the smaller, simpler things in life.
[18:56] <@Gabriel> ::leans to one side as his plate is cleared away, happy to have preserved his dress uniform from damage for another day::
[18:58] <@Marshall> ::smiles and stretches out, basking in the warm sun:: Nice day for a party.
[18:59] <@Gabriel> ::smiles and nods his thanks to the attendant, then turns back to Scildfreja's mother:: Your daughter looked lovely, and the ceremony was quite enjoyable.
[18:59] <@Roland> ::doesn't lean aside as his plate is cleared, blankly staring across the table::
[18:59] <@Gabriel> On Terra Nova, weddings are much more elaborate affairs.
01[19:00] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Juno is seated to one side of Gabriel, gesturing expressively with her hands and speaking rapidly to the Utopian beside her about the solar rings that loop the inner core of the city::
[19:00] <@Birkin> ::nods at the server as his plate was taken away:: We need to go on missions to planets like this more often. No rations. Air. Sunlight. The bugs that try to eat our rides taste like crab.
[19:00] <@Caelin> ::is currently being swarmed by fellow armigers, shaking hands, getting pats of the back, the usual congratulatory effects::
[19:01] <@Marshall> ::playfully rubs Estrid's back:: What did you think?
[19:01] <@Roland> Sunlight's simulated. Air's canned.
[19:01] <@Roland> ::a beat:: Food was alright.
01[19:01] <@Savant> 5Scildwen> ::She certainly looks similar to Scildfreja:: I hope she wasn't any trouble on Terra Nova. She can be a little fussy.
[19:02] <@Detro> ::is hanging back, quiet and observing. If the people at the ceremony were important, doubtless they'd be interacting with them at some point, so he focuses on names and faces, and some basic information. Anything to keep his mind off the ring on his finger and thoughts of Kellie::
[19:03] <@Gabriel> ::smiles:: Not at all. She's a strong woman, but that's an aspect that our two planets definitely share. ::thinks of his own wife and grins::
01[19:03] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Is beside Caelin in the host of well-wishers, but she shoots a glance over at Scildwen::
[19:04] <@Birkin> ::takes another little drink of his beverage:: This is good. I need to find out how they make it.
01[19:05] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::To Birkin, from over his shoulder, the large Autofactory Warden roars an ascenting laugh:: It's bellflower! Cursed stuff. But they say it's good luck if you drink it on a wedding day. Don't ask me why. Ha!
[19:06] <@Birkin> Bellflower? Huh. ::looks at it before setting it down again::
[19:06] <@Roland> ::sniffs his own tumbler, not having drank any as of yet:: Yeah. Cursed sounds about right. ::sets it back down::
[19:06] <@Caelin> ::happens to spot someone in the crowd and leans to Scildfreja a bit:: excuse me a moment ::rushes off to catch them::
01[19:08] <@Savant> 5Scildwen> ::she smiles wistfully and dabs her eyes - she cried during the ceremony:: She was always such a troublesome girl. Always where she didn't belong, doing things she wasn't supposed to be doing. Such an upstart.
01[19:09] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::Grins at Marshall - she's two sheets to the wind at this point:: Oh, was lovely. I always love weddings!
[19:09] <@Roland> ::picks up the glass and sniffs it a second time, frowns, and sets it back down again:: Pardon me. ::rises and heads for the bar, one hand on the hilt of his sabre and the other behind his back::
[19:10] <@Detro> ::wishes he'd brought along an earpiece and amplifier, to better pick up on some of the conversations around him::
[19:11] <@Gabriel> ::chuckles:: Yes, she's retained some of that. ::looks over at Scild and winks:: Still, her penchant for going places she didn't belong seems to have served her well here, twice over.
[19:11] <@Detro> ::settles for watching the patterns of circulation and facial expressions, to pick out the cliques and reactions between them::
01[19:12] <@Savant> The tables and benches begin to dissolve as the food is taken away, and an area is cleared out for dancing. A few of the guests bring out instruments and it's soon a party.
[19:12] <@Marshall> Family is important where I come from. A wedding means a bigger family. Everyone wins.
[19:12] <@Caelin> ::Caelin and the man talk a moment before the man points towards the back of the hall and the two of them head in that direction before disappearing in one of the rooms::
[19:13] <@Birkin> ::stands as the dancing begins:: Where I come from we normally don't have weddings.
[19:13] <@Roland> ::gets to the bar and opens his mouth to order, and realizes that the bartender likely doesn't speak any of the five languages he already knows and curses the fact he has to learn another one::
01[19:13] <@Savant> 5Scildwen> ::laughs:: You must be the foot captain, then. Captain Tynes. I'm happy to meet you; Freja's told me a lot about you and yours.
01[19:15] <@Savant> 5Bartender> ::looks at Roland blankly::
[19:15] <@Roland> Uh...wachsk?
[19:15] <@Roland> ::narrows his eyes at the bottles behind the bar::
01[19:16] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::smirks:: I *absolutely* agree. Weddings are great. Heofon, I remember when my sister got married - what a party that was!
01[19:17] <@Savant> 5Bartender> Wachke. Jae, mibold. ::Gets Roland a wiskey::
[19:17] <@Marshall> Tell me about your family.
[19:18] <@Roland> ::takes the glass and raises it in thanks to the bartender and turns around, stepping out of line and to the side for the moment as he realizes his table has disappeared and has been replaced with dancing old people in togas::
01[19:18] <@Savant> The music is rather unlike that found on Terranova. It's got a maritime lilt to it that feels rather archiac but quite pleasant. There are lyrics, and some people sing, but it's all background.
[19:19] <@Gabriel> Happy to meet you as well. I'm afraid Freja's told us almost nothing about her life here. She and our doctor have become friends, however.
[19:19] <@Roland> ::sniffs, sips, and makes a semi-satisfied face::
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::She shrugs, points through the crowd:: That's my sister, Astora. ::she waves drunkenly:: An' that's cousin Betran ::waves at a middle aged man who isn't even looking her way::
[19:20] <@Birkin> ::spotes Roland getting something that looks like it might even be whiskey, deciding to follow his example, coming up to the bar::
[19:20] <@Detro> ::initially tries to ignore the words being sung, but then forces himself to pick up what he can::
[19:20] <@Caelin> ::returns to the main hall a several minutes later with an auto following close behind lugging a large cask, they pass through the crowd towards the front of the hall::
[19:22] <@Birkin> ::gets up to the front of the line to the bar:: Whiskey
01[19:22] <@Savant> 5Scildwen> Oh, she's always been secretive. That's usually how she's such a troublemaker. She's a good girl, though. Her heart is in the right place.
01[19:23] <@Savant> 5Drone> *beep* excuse me. *beep* pardon me. *beep* excuse me.
[19:23] <@Marshall> So what kind of things do you like to do? Wedding parties aside. ::smiles::
[19:23] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement:: I see a couple of Councillors here. Is that typical?
[19:23] <@Roland> ::looks over to one of the other random people standing near him who is also examining the dance floor:: [EH] Not one for shaking your ass on the dance floor, then?
01[19:23] <@Savant> 5Bartender> ::looks at Birkin blankly, then at Roland for translation::
[19:24] <@Roland> ::glances back over his shoulder at Birkin, then the bartender:: Wachke.
[19:24] <@Birkin> ::looks at the Bartender for half a moment:: Eh? Oh ::thinks for a moment::
[19:24] <@Birkin> ::nods at Roland:: Thanks
[19:25] <@Roland> ::raises his glass::
01[19:26] <@Savant> 2Estrid> I do a lot of jogging and keeping in shape, you know. Have to look after my figure. I have a house party once a week or so, too. Keep pretty busy with the auto-farm though! ::Turns to face MArshall, sitting astride the bench:: why, what do *you* do for fun?
[19:27] <@Caelin> ::once at the front, he gives the auto a few hand signs to tell it to place the cask on a nearby stone bench, then climbs up on the autos back to get above the crowd::
01[19:27] <@Savant> 5Scildwen> Well, it's not every day that Caelin Osbearn gets married. ::presses her lips together and frets a little, but it goes away:: Caelin's a powerful man here. He's soft hearted, but don't mistake that for him being a pushover.
01[19:27] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::holds very still::
[19:28] <@Detro> ::looks down at his empty glass and frowns. Time for a refill. A glance at the bar proves his suspicions, and he begins to make his way over, doing his best to not be noticed by Birkin or Roland::
[19:28] <@Birkin> ::takes his whiskey that the bartender delievers to him before moving out of the way and turning around::
[19:28] <@Marshall> I used to train at this little old dojo in the center of town. Martial arts. It's very relaxing. I still do train alone when I get the chance.
[19:28] <@Caelin> ::clears his throat::ahem, um, could i have everyone's attention please?!
01[19:28] <@Savant> 5Ordlaf> ::shrugs at Roland:: Eh. Nah. I do enough dancing in the field, don't need to do it here.
[19:28] <@Roland> ::narrows his eyes at Caelin as he starts climbing a drone, wondering if he's plastered already::
[19:29] <@Detro> ::winces at the element of surprise is lost. He conceeds the battlefield and turns to observe Caelin::
01[19:29] <@Savant> ((fix what Ordlaf just said with....))
01[19:30] <@Savant> 5Ordlaf> ::in Anglic, somewhat gruffly:: What's that?
01[19:30] <@Savant> 2Estrid> You train alone, huh? That's a shame. It's always better to have a partner.
[19:30] <@Gabriel> You don't say. We actually know very little about his role here on Utopia or why he and Freja were chosen to go to Caprice.
[19:31] <@Marshall> Well, I did spar Scildfreja once or twice on the way from Terra Nova.
[19:31] <@Marshall> Why, are you volunteering to learn?
[19:32] <@Caelin> ::thinks he has at least half the crowd's attention::well...first off, i'd like to thank you all for coming to our little party here
[19:32] <@Birkin> ::looks up at Caelin taking a sip of the whiskey to appraise its taste::
[19:32] <@Roland> ::cups a hand beside his mouth and yells back at Calin:: No problem. You don't live that far away anyway.
01[19:32] <@Savant> 5Scildwen> He's survived eleven years of war, two near-hit strategic bombings, three campaigns, and he's been a role model for everyone in the city at the same time. And he's never once asked to be taken from his place as Lead handler. He has a lot to be proud of.
01[19:33] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::overhears Roland and actually laughs! She's a little drunk as well::
01[19:35] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::Eyes go wide and she leans close, laughing:: You sparred with Freja? Sweet heofon! Ha ha! ::she grins widely:: If you can handle Freja, i'd be no match for you.
[19:35] <@Gabriel> I see. He's an excellent soldier. They both are.
[19:36] <@Marshall> ::smirks:: I didn't say I could handle her. It wasn't even a close matchup. I learned a lot from it though. ::a pause:: I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere. ::smirks::
[19:36] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit::if you consider...what was it? 4 gates? far? Anyway as you all know, Freja and I just recently returned from a mission not only off-world but out of the system all-together, i'd like to think it was successful but time will certainly tell ::smirks again in the talon's general direction::
[19:37] <@Birkin> ::raise a glass to that idea in Caelin's general direction before taking a drink::
01[19:37] <@Savant> 5::nods,> watching Caelin's speech as she replies:: And an excellent father, and an excellent leader in the city.
01[19:37] <@Savant> 5Scildwen> ::nods, watching Caelin's speech as she replies:: And an excellent father, and an excellent leader in the city.
[19:37] <@Marshall> ::heads right for the bar and bellies up to it:: [AS] Something cold and something hard. Two of them.
01[19:39] <@Savant> 5Bartender> ::comes back with two amber drinks with ice cubes in them::
[19:41] <@Marshall> [AS] Thanks. ::takes them and heads for the unmistakeable giant in the crowd::
01[19:43] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Wobbles a bit as she walks from the bar, a cup in each hand. She looks rosy fresh and cheerful, though, even for Juno::
[19:43] <@Birkin> Don't drop them Juno.
[19:43] <@Detro> ::starts to move again through the crowd, this time skirting the area around the bar, to approach Birkin and Roland from behind::
[19:44] <@Marshall> Uthred. How ya doing? ::offers him one of the drinks and then takes a drink of his own:: You guys sure know how to throw a party.
01[19:44] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Drop'em; why'uld I drop'em?
[19:44] <@Caelin> ::continues:: most of you all were here 12 years ago when i walked up with my first wife Coen, and 3 years later when we gave her spirit to Heofon. you were all supportive in those times
01[19:46] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::grabe Marhsall around the shoulders, laughing, as he takes the drink with his other hand:: Lang my boy! We're so glad you could come all this way to have it with us!
[19:47] <@Marshall> What can I say? I was in the neighborhood.
[19:47] <@Birkin> Because you look a little bit happier than normal ::Taps his nose twice before taking another sip of his whiskey::
[19:47] <@Caelin> for many years i never thought about finding anyone else, i had a son, i had my work. i thought that was enough
01[19:47] <@Savant> The crowd hushes - a little bit - as Caelin talks; it certainly does for a moment when he mentions Coen.
01[19:48] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Is standing off to one side of the Auto which Caelin is atop of, she's red-faced and looks like she's going to burst into tears. Again.
[19:49] <@Roland> ::as an aside to Birkin:: Is Detro stupid? Or just drunk.
[19:50] <@Caelin> ::takes a breath:: a few years ago though i decided, at the suggestion of General Luthere, to try my hand a mentoring one of the new armiger pilots. as fate would have it, that pilot was Scildfreja
[19:50] <@Birkin> ::leans over to Roland:: Drunk I think.
[19:50] <@Roland> ::also supresses the surprise that Caelin (a) was a widower, and (b) was a father -- he didn't feel so bad about trying to castrate him, now::
[19:51] <@Detro> ::tightly smiles and continues on past the two and the bar, opportunity lost::
01[19:53] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> leans over and whispers something to her gaggle of bridesmaids, and they giggle amongst themselves::
01[19:55] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::grins a beaming grin and says coquettishly:: I'm always happy.
[19:56] <@Caelin> ::looks down at freja and smiles before turning his attention back to the crowd:: i have absolutely no idea when i went from being a professional mentor to a lovesick fool ::chuckles:: but next thing i knew i was asking for her hand in marriage, of course this happened just before we left for Caprice so we decided to wait till we got back, i'm certainly glad we did for i believe we're stronger for going through what we did to get to this point
[19:56] <@Marshall> ::meanders back over to Estrid:: So where were we?
[19:58] <@Birkin> ::grins at Juno:: You are always happy Sunshine. That's wy we love you.
[19:59] <@Roland> Also, you build cool stuff.
01[19:59] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::pats the bench in front of her, since she's sitting sideways on it:: Right here.
01[20:00] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> aww, I love you guys too! ::gives Birkin a big hug. And then Roland gets one, whether he wants it or not::
[20:00] <@Roland> ::holds his drink out to the side as he is drunkenly hugged::
[20:01] <@Birkin> ::gives Juno a hug back:: Who are you talking with and fetching drinks for?
[20:01] <@Marshall> ::smirks:: You feeling alright? Had a little too much?
[20:02] <@Caelin> Now that thats out of the way, time for the fun! as most of you know, i've been a dabbler in distilling for a number of years, most have sampled my attempts and while most haven't been all that great, some weren't too bad either
[20:02] <@Detro> ::Caelin's speech can't help but remind him of Kellerton, and though he misses her, he knows their reunion will be that much better for it::
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Huh? I'm talking with you! These are for me!
[20:02] <@Birkin> ... Do you always two fisted drink? Or is it just at weddings?
01[20:02] <@Savant> 2Estrid> No no, I'm fine, I've had juust enough.
[20:03] <@Roland> ::drums his fingers on the hilt of his sword as he sips his drink with the other hand, waiting for Caelin to fall off the drone::
01[20:04] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::laughs, cries out in mock outrage:: I am NOT grunk! ::then she leans closer and giggles conspiratorially:: Oh, I am *so* drunk right now. Like, college drunk.
[20:05] <@Marshall> So what do your sister and brother do?
[20:06] <@Caelin> However, a couple years ago, i probably brewed the perfect cider, at least in the opinion of my lovely new wife Freja and friend Eoferwyc ::hops down from the auto and goes up to the cask:: Eoferwyc has been kind enough to keep this safe for me while Freja and I were away and i'd say now is a good time to crack it open
[20:06] <@Birkin> ::snorts back a laughter:: I can tell ::helping Juno to some of the chairs on the side of the walls:: Wanna sit down? Or do you think you should just stay standing?
[20:07] <@Roland> Giver her a PDA and ask her to build a robot. Whatever she comes up with, it will be useful. And amusing.
01[20:07] <@Savant> 2Estrid> Astoria, she's an efficiency engineer. She... efficients. And he's a botanist.
01[20:08] <@Savant> There is a cheer of assent ot Caelin's suggestion and people start to gather around, emptying their cups so that they can get in.
01[20:09] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> If I go down now I'm not gettin up again, and I wanna dance! C'mon!
[20:09] <@Marshall> Here. Let me help ya. ::helps her up and walks her over to the gathering::
[20:10] <@Detro> ::despite rumors, has been avoiding alcohol all night... he finds himself on the other side of the room, quietly introspective as he watches the party::
01[20:11] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::leans gregariously against Marshall as they make their way into the crowd::
[20:11] <@Birkin> Yeah my thoughts exactly.. ::shakes his head and moved with Juno back out into the dance floor::
[20:13] <@Caelin> ::takes the spigot and does the honor of tapping cask, then takes a nearby glass, fills it, then raises it to the crowd::once again, i thank you for coming ::takes a swig, swishes it around, then swallows before stepping aside:: Enjoy!
[20:13] <@Roland> ::finishes the whiskey and sighs internally, and begins walking over towards the cask::
01[20:14] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::has fought her way to Caelin and given him a kiss that put the one closing the wedding ceremony to shame::
01[20:16] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> woo hoo! ::Juno can dance, even when she's drunk.::
[20:16] <@Marshall> ::fills his glass and offers it to Estrid:: Not too much now. ::smiles::
[20:16] <@Caelin> ::catches freja before he could take another drink and returns the kiss just as passionately::
[20:17] <@Roland> ::manages to score himself some of the cider and winds his way back out of the crush of the crowd to sniff at it and take a sip::
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2Estrid> Hah! ::takes a big drink:: It's gonna take more than a few cups to make me woooah ::teeters::
[20:20] <@Marshall> Easy now... ::takes the glass, finishes it off and helps Estrid back to her bench::
[20:20] <@Birkin> ::Dances with Juno as best he can with the drink hes got in him, watching Roland for a few moments before catching his attention and motioning to him that he should pay attention to the General and tell the Captain about it::
[20:21] <@Detro> :Surprisedn a survey of the room, he notes some activity around the general... he starts to head in that general direction, hoping to perhaps overhear something::
[20:22] <@Roland> ::catches Birkin's gaze and turns his head to eye the General -- he pauses long enough to gauge the man's reaction to the display, then immediately begins walking over::
01[20:22] <@Savant> 2Estrid> :leans against Marshall more needfully now:: Ha ha, I always overdo it. Oh, you're a sweetie.
[20:23] <@Marshall> ::lays her down on the bench:: Take it easy now. I'll bring you some water.
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::keeps up with Birkin, though she' doesn't know the dance steps and doesn't seem to care. The hard thing is that there really isnt' an end to the songs - they just blur into one another as musicians join in and leave. It is too easy to just dance until you are exhausted::
[20:25] <@Caelin> ::breaks the kiss just long enough to butt into the line-up at the cask to grab a drink for Freja::oops there we go ::hands her the glass:: wouldn't have been nice of me to keep you from having some ::grins::
[20:25] <@Roland> ::still with one hand on his sword hilt and the other holding his tumbler, he comes to a halt astride the general, keeping his gaze on the party:: All work and no play make for a dull boy, General. Unless the work is critical.
01[20:26] <@Savant> 2Estrid> ::Sits up and leans with her elbows on the table, breathing heavily:: Hooh. Thanks
[20:26] <@Detro> ::isn't far behind Roland, coming up on the rear as usual::
[20:26] <@Birkin> Now where did you learn to dance like that Juno? Is this another thing you learned at college you don't want your mother learning about
[20:26] <@Birkin> ?
[20:27] <@Marshall> ::works his way back over to Uthred:: Hey. Got a minute? I wanted to talk to you about something.
01[20:27] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::Neatly pulls herself into Caelin's arms and uses his taller mass to shield her from the crowd:: Hmm-hmm. There wont' be any left. Did you make any more?
01[20:28] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::looks up from the PDA - he and Kenweard are looking it over; it's got a paused video on it:: Ardelmos. It is, I'm afraid.
03[20:28] * Luke (~luke@c-69-138-111-67.hsd1.fl.comcast.net) has left #bt05
[20:29] <@Roland> ::turns his gaze downwards to the PDA::
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::laughs:: I learned a *lot* in college my mom doesn't want to know about.
[20:29] <@Caelin> ::shakes his head::that cask should do for a round and a half i think, i'll have to make more next chance i get
01[20:30] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::Despite how much he's drank, he seems entirely sober:: Lang, m'boy! What is it!Don't let me distract you form your pretty girl there!
01[20:31] <@Savant> The PDA is currently displaying a frozen image from the deck of a ship somewhere in the ocean. There's no land in sight. The vessel does not seem to be a military craft, though it does have a small set of guns at the foredeck.
[20:31] <@Marshall> Well, it's about that tour we took the other day. That facility is amazing. I was wondering if you could use an extra pair of hands. I could learn a trick or two from you. Possibly teach a trick or two, too.
[20:32] <@Birkin> ::chuckles:: Good! We should always drive our parents insane. I know I did with mine. ::reaches over and pulls up two cups of cider off of a nearby tray and passes one to Juno:: To making our parents go insane.
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::ducks under Caelin's arm, snatches up an empty bottle, then pries her way into the line and fills it, making a face at one of ehr bridesmaids behind her. She returns to her husband with the bottle filled, jamming a cork in the top:: This is for later.
[20:32] <@Roland> ::takes a sip from his tumbler, eyeing the view of from the ship's deck:: Avast.
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::leans close - not that he has to talk loud to be heard. He *always* talks loud.:: If there's one thing that's true, it's that we can *always* use an extra set of hands! You'd be welcome any time you like.
[20:33] <@Caelin> ::smiles and gives freja another kiss:: i think this is why i fell in love with you
[20:33] <@Detro> ::patiently waits to see what's up::
01[20:34] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::drinks to the toast, and looks at the cup with surprise:: This is like liquid *candy*. Sweet prophet, this stuff is dangerous.
[20:34] <@Marshall> ::nods:: Great. I'll drop by tomorrow after I sleep tonight off. ::smiles::
01[20:35] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> This is the Aristophana. She's a Republican merchant marine ship, moving heavy metals and rare elements to a manufacturing plant on the front. Giving out a distress call. Engines are down.
[20:36] <@Birkin> ::blinks as he looks at his glace in amazement:: You're right. Wow ::drinks the rest of the cider:: I should learn how to make this stuff.
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja> ::grins broadly and bats doe-eyed at Caelin - until she's dragged by the wrist away form him, leaving him the bottle. Her bridesmaids apparently want pictures taken:: Woah!
[20:36] <@Detro> ::speaks up:: Mechanical failure, or...?
[20:36] <@Roland> ::another sip:: Mechanical failure, or attack?
01[20:37] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::grins and pulls Birkin from the dance floor as they begin to get buffeted around:: Aw, I like your gut-burner. Stomach pumping and all.
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Engine failiure. They're dead int he water, and the current is pushing them out of the gulf and back to the ocean.
[20:39] <@Detro> And from the expression on your face, I take it they can't repair it with what they have on hand...?
01[20:39] <@Savant> 2Uthred Alstan> ::slaps MArshall on the shoulder:: I've got a fresh run of blaecscirham coming off the line tomorrow. You can help with the inspection.
01[20:40] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> No, they can't. The closest ship is a Terran inspections frigate.
[20:40] <@Roland> ::purses his lips slightly:: Just how 'rare' are these minerals, then, exactly? I wouldn't expect it the poor thing to drift very far before ::looks over teh pary:: ...we've recovered from the revelry.
[20:41] <@Birkin> ::allows himself to be dragged back onto the floor, moving back into the dancing:: You're just saying that because I can demote you now Juno. ::smirks:: I need to work that batch again. We have the Fury back here too
[20:41] <@Marshall> See you tomorrow then. ::turns, grabbing a glass of water from the bar and continueing back over to Estrid::
01[20:41] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> ::Replies for his father:: Rubidinum, cesium. It's needed for the black armour. We don't have any locally, we've had to find it all.
01[20:43] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::giggles:: It needs a little work, yeah. I bet they'd let you have some of their... potatoes.. or.. whatever it is you make it out of.
[20:43] <@Detro> What's air coverage like in the area? Could Pathfinder head out, drop off any parts they need, and avoid detection?
01[20:44] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::taps the screen, and it displays a map of the ships' surrounds:: The Terrans would spot any flyby. We need to evacuate that ship and get as much of that cargo as we can. Before the Terrans show up, if possible.
[20:45] <@Roland> Is there a particular reason we don't just blow up the Terran ship?
[20:45] <@Detro> Because when things go boom, it tends to get their attention.
[20:45] <@Roland> I imagine it will be hard for them to pay attention when they're dead.
01[20:46] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods:: That's secondary to gettingt our people out of there. Those are fenians. We need to keep them safe if we want their support. And, well...
[20:46] <@Marshall> ::hands off the glass of water and sits her up so she can drink it::
[20:46] <@Birkin> Got it in one. Potatoes mainly. That appears to be the easiest to distill as far as I can tell ::his eyes wandering about now that he has a few drinks inside of him::
01[20:47] <@Savant> Kogmund presses the PDA and it retuns to the video, which starts up again. A young man with sandy blonde hair and rakish good looks is quietly reporting in to Kogmund. The young man looks eerily familiar.
[20:47] <@Detro> Okay. Scuttle the ship, recover the cargo from the bottom of the ocean? Is that even possible?
[20:47] <@Roland> ::tilts his head slightly as the video plays::
01[20:47] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> The place would be crawling with autodivers and Terrans within hours.
[20:48] <@Marshall> You going to be okay? I need to go over here and see what's going on.
[20:48] <@Caelin> ::as freja has been hijacked by her bridesmaids, caelin makes his way over to what appears to be business during a party::
[20:48] <@Roland> Do we know this guy?
01[20:49] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Poh-tay-toes. ::giggles again, apparently the word sounds funny. She follows his gaze:: Y'know, if you're gonna stare at a girl you should be a little more discerete. She's cute, though!
01[20:50] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Eadrec Osbearn. He went to Etrusca a few months ago to arrrange this shipment.
[20:50] <@Detro> Well, I suppose you have the ability to transfer the cargo to an underwater...
[20:51] <@Roland> Well, of course. ::looks up, takes a sip from his tumbler, and glances towards Caelin and Scildfreja::
[20:51] <@Roland> Makes perfect sense.
[20:51] <@Birkin> ::is thrown off step for a few moments as hes caught:: I apparently need to practice more. That didn't used to happen.
[20:51] <@Detro> ::face faults:: Ah. That... complicates things.
01[20:52] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::pushes Birkin's jaw to turn his head to the side:: There, *now* look at her. OVer the shoulder, all cool and casual. You're a big man you know! Big important man! Play it cool!
[20:52] <@Caelin> ::comes up to the group about to give them heck for working at a time like this then glances at the PDA and the smile disappears:: when do we leave?
[20:53] <@Marshall> ::walks up:: What's up guys?
01[20:53] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::frowns:: Caelin. I'll - Here. ::gives him the PDA so that he can hear the report for himself. Then he turns back to the Talons:: Are you willing to move out for this?
[20:54] <@Birkin> ::does so, looking over Juno's shoulder:: You know if 15 cycles ago someone would have told me that on a different planet I would be told how to better stare at other women from a good Revisionist girl? I'd have them before a medical board in a heartbeat.
[20:54] <@Detro> ::to Roland:: I'll go get Tynes. ::sets off::
[20:54] <@Caelin> ::takes the PDA and replays the report::
[20:54] <@Roland> There's little in the way of assistance that we would not be willing to move out on, General.
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::cackles gleefully:: I'l have you know i'm an *awesome* wing-girl.
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> Do you have equipment for a water assault?
[20:56] <@Roland> Our gears are water capable; however they're slow in such an environment.
[20:57] <@Marshall> How do we get out there? Submarine?
[20:57] <@Detro> ::it takes a while for him to spot the Talon's commander, but at last he sees him at one of the tables. A quick tap on the shoulder to get his attention...::
[20:58] <@Birkin> You going to put your money were your mouth is?
01[20:58] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods:: You don't have any water turbines. We'll see if maybe we can get some mounted on your vehicles from our stores. If that doesn't work we'll get you wetsuits and proper assault gear.
[20:59] <@Roland> ::clears his throat:: Yes. That may be...problematic.
[21:00] <@Roland> Terra Nova has very little in the way of...significant bodies of water.
01[21:00] <@Savant> 2Kenweard> We have a few sub-carriers and a few tearms of autodivers. We can get you out there quickly enough.
01[21:01] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::laughs:: Aaron, you're my good buddy! Of course I got your back!
[21:01] <@Detro> ::once he has Tynes' attention, Detro nods his head towards the direction of the general, Roland, and Caelin::
01[21:01] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::purses his lips:: We have a few personal subs as well. You can use those if you'd like.
[21:01] <@Marshall> I can get working on mounting those turbines right away soon as I get word.
[21:02] <@Birkin> ::grins:: Lets go see what we can do about finding me, and maybe you... Some company tonight. I think one of her friends was looking at you.
[21:02] <@Roland> Let Juno worry about mounting the turbines. You figure out how to fix that ship.
01[21:03] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Ohoho, really? ::hooks her arm through Birkins enthusiastically:: That's the best order you've ever given
[21:03] <@Detro> ::leaves Tynes to tie up the niceties while he starts tracking down the other Talons visually::
[21:03] <@Marshall> Juno's wasted. If you give me the specs though I'll work on both.
[21:04] <@Detro> ::spots Juno and Birkin together and heads their way::
[21:04] <@Birkin> Maybe I should drink more then.
[21:04] <@Caelin> ::frowns as he pauses the report:: we'll have to head out soon if we want to get out there before the terran's or republicans do
[21:05] <@Detro> ::once he reaches them -- both clearly enjoying themselves:: Glad you're both having fun, but it's time to take the party on a cruise.
[21:05] <@Marshall> ::grabs Estrid:: C'mon. Let's get you home. I've got a long night ahead of me.
01[21:05] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:06] <@Savant> there you go! went better than I thought it would.
01[21:06] <@Savant> despite the half-staff we were at.
[21:07] <@Caelin> yeah this was probably something gabriel should have been around for:)
01[21:07] <@Savant> any questions? next week will be maptool'd, and good fun - it's going to be our first naval action.
[21:07] <@Caelin> skyped?
[21:07] <@Roland> We're gonna drooowwwwwwwwwwn
01[21:08] <@Savant> we will skype, yes.
01[21:09] <@Savant> let's do expees. one is for teamwork, which doesn't apply. So one is for characterization. Tell me what you leared about the other character and your own characters
[21:09] <@Roland> Caelin is a widower and a papa.
[21:10] <@Marshall> Estrid has a sister and a brother. The first is an engineer, and the other is a botanist. She likes to drink, and usually drinks too much.
[21:10] <@Caelin> Marshall puts business before pleasure:)
[21:10] <@Marshall> Always. =)
[21:10] <@Detro> I didn't learn a single thing beyond the general action stuff with Caelin.
[21:10] <@Marshall> Estrid also likes to work out and keep in shape.
01[21:11] <@Savant> Caelin likes making drunken speeches on top of autos
[21:11] <@Birkin> Juno went to college and probably did a ton of things that her mother wouldn't approve of.
[21:11] <@Detro> Only that here was another case of younger people being used in work.
[21:11] <@Caelin> juno went to ashanti for spring break:)
[21:12] <@Birkin> Caelin is an exceptional brewer
01[21:12] <@Savant> i'm sure there is a series of movies for young men with that title. "Spring Break in Ashanti"
[21:12] <@Detro> Unless that anthro roll meant something I was supposed to see.
01[21:12] <@Savant> Anthropology roll didn't really reveal anything I haven't already revealed.
[21:12] <@Detro> Thrillsville.
01[21:13] <@Savant> that's one point Smile Two points for storyline? What can you tell me about the events of the night and how they fit into the big picture
[21:13] <@Birkin> This awesome badass technology the people of New Troy rely on cannot be totally made in their own lands, meaning they have a very finite supply of their black armor
[21:13] <@Roland> Caelin is more influential and respected than perviously believed, and a lot of people want to get together for weddings. Wink
01[21:14] <@Savant> True, Birkin. Fortunately they've got a big stockpile, but they'd rather it be bigger.
[21:14] <@Detro> Utopian tech breaks down just as disastrously as ours.
01[21:14] <@Savant> more disastrously. Utopian tech is more fragile than Terranovan tech.
[21:15] <@Birkin> Caelin had a ex-wife, who died after only 3 Utopian years.
[21:15] <@Detro> And that this CEF ship has some sort of detection technology that's lightyaers better than radar seeing as how we can't fly it in below its radar.
01[21:16] <@Savant> Detro, Pathfinder is like a flying apartment building Wink it is not sneaky Wink
[21:16] <@Marshall> Modern seabased radar has a very, very low cieling. Something like 50 feet.
[21:16] <@Detro> Also, that the Super Speed Stealthy Armor System requires materials that the Utopians don't have anywhere near home.
01[21:17] <@Savant> two points Smile That's good. Well done guys. NExt week, swash and buckle on the high seas.
[21:17] <@Detro> Which means they have a very critical weakness we didn't know about yet (I think)
01[21:17] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:30] <@Marshall> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Detro> ::attn::
03[18:30] * Fraser is now known as Roland
[18:31] <@Birkin> ::attn::
[18:31] <@Roland> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> Good evening, and welcome to another episode of the Black Talons. Tonight we explore the majesty of the deep and wide oceans of Utopia.
01[18:32] <@Savant> Tonight will be... different. We'll be using the maptool but we won't be really fighting as we normally would. We'll be using Skype, but mostly because the whole underwater movement thing might seem a bit odd to people.
03[18:32] * LrdVampyre is now known as Mel
[18:32] <@Mel> ::attn::
01[18:33] <@Savant> I am going to brief you, and then there will be cake.
[18:33] <@Birkin> mmm
01[18:33] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[18:33] <@Savant> Late Night of 20 December, 462 UC (32AUT46)
01[18:33] <@Savant> Winalta Bay, South of Abasathon, Central Sumer
01[18:33] <@Savant> 8 degrees C, unsettled currents. Moderate radiation levels.
01[18:33] <@Savant> It's possibly the strangest experience you've ever had. Even those first tentative hours in space weren't quite so odd. The Utopian depths really are a different world, filled with strange bug-eyed creatures with glowing eyes and massive teeth, multi-limbed monstrosities that make Glass Sharks look friendly, and other, stranger things. A world full of monsters.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Your journey out of the docks of Troy was uneventful, but interesting. The submarines are fast, sleek machines that look more like undersea behemoths than machines, like living things with silver-grey skin. They take you to your target quickly, quietly, and with a minimum of fuss.
01[18:33] <@Savant> But by the time you get there, you find a problem - the cargo ship that needs saving is in the company of not one, but *two* Republican warships, each one protected by a swarm of multi-limbed undersea diving Autos. This is not going to be quite as easy as you had hoped.
01[18:33] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:33] <@Birkin> cake
[18:33] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:33] <@Mel> ack
[18:33] <@Detro> ack
[18:33] <@Marshall> ack
[18:33] <@Roland> ack
[18:34] <@Birkin> ack
01[18:34] <@Savant> now, before I ask for questions, I have one.
01[18:34] <@Savant> How are you doing this? Smile I will set up Skype to answer this critical question.
[18:34] <@Mel> where's the cake?
03[18:35] * Scotty is now known as Caelin
[18:35] <@Marshall> I suppose I should change my Skype staus from Invisable. I'm online but I'm tired of random people calling me =P
[18:35] <@Detro> Nobody's ever called me. -_-
[18:35] <@Marshall> I'm cooler than you.
[18:35] <@Detro> -_-
[18:36] <@Caelin> ack
01[18:51] <@Savant> If there are no further questions, we'll get to it.
01[18:52] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:52] <@Savant> Blue-black, with no land and no sky - no horizon - nothing but a bubble-filled world of floating jellies and bulb-eyed fish, like rotund and wingless birds in flight through the liquid sky. No sun, either - though light streams in from above like glittering and smoky ribbons. Silhouettes of ships and Autos make black constellations.
01[18:52] <@Savant> You escape the hold of the submarine from underneath, the whale's belly opening downwards without a bubble or stir in the water. You can see neither the ocean floor nor clearly the surface above; no banks to any side.
[18:53] <@Detro> ::shudders, a bit creeped out::
[18:54] <@Gabriel> ::checks the seals on the OMATS BDU, then gently tests the engines of the minisub::
[18:54] <@Mel> ::sits at the controls, looking at the readout of the bots...trying not to think about the fact that she was in a tube surrounded by water::
[18:54] <@Birkin> ::presses forward on the controls of the mini-sub, moving forward a little bit::
[18:54] <@Marshall> ::looks around, trying to get oriented in a three dimentional blue murky void::
[18:57] <@Birkin> Only time I ever want to see this much water again is from the beaches from Ashanti. ::glares at the inky darkness::
01[18:57] <@Savant> The ocean is calm down here, aclm and cold, and the pressure gauges are a little scary to look at. You're used to the pressure being *low*, not high.
[18:57] <@Caelin> ::exits from the airlock and tests the thrusters a bit with some mini turns and back/forward movements::
01[18:59] <@Savant> This is old hat for Caelin; he's done this before. The Talons watch his ease and comfort with a little envy, and a little annoyance.
[19:00] <@Gabriel> ::waves the team forward, then engages his engine at its lowest setting, checking the underwater pistol issued to him::
01[19:02] <@Savant> The Autos overhead loom like baloons, armoured and angry baloons that nonetheless seem serene in their watery world. They move in almost random patterns, like schools of fish before the sharks show up
[19:03] <@Detro> ::mutters to himself, quietly, as if he could be overheard:: Going up...
03[19:06] * Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-76-20-0-97.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bt05
03[19:06] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Itzpapalotl
01[19:07] <@Savant> The Talons begin their slow ascent. They drift along with the currents, trying to duck between the clouds of Autos, without being spotted.
[19:08] <@Gabriel> ::lets the others pull ahead a bit, then follows, trailing one of the autos::
[19:09] <@Caelin> ::floats along at a good clip avoiding the squiddies::
01[19:11] <@Savant> One of the bulb-headed man-o-war's, the same sort as had accosted PAthfinder upon arriving on the planet, drifts close to the sleek black squid-like Trojan autos. It's tentacles swivel towards the thing.
[19:12] <@Detro> ::bobbles up at a steady pace, holding his breath in suspense::
[19:12] <@Gabriel> ::sees the direction of the right patrol, and gives the hand signal for "slant right" formation, hoping most of the team can see it::
[19:12] <@Mel> ::seeing the man-o-war nearing one of the drones, Mel gives the drone a command to play dead, letting it go 'limp' in the water::
[19:13] <@Gabriel> ::follow his own orders, taking the bottom left position of the slant::
[19:14] <@Gabriel> ::catches sight of Roland through the murk and waves him to the right::
[19:14] <@Roland> ::thumbs up through the canopy, banking::
01[19:14] <@Savant> The ungainly drones are surprisingly fast - with a sudden jet they clamp their long arms around the Trojan Auto. Little cutting wheels come out and they begin to dissect the thing.
01[19:18] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::drones jet close to Roland - ridiculously close - but they don't spot him. They instead clamp their arms around one of the friendly Autos and begin dissecting that one as they had the first::
[19:20] <@Mel> ::seeing that one of the drones was completely gathered up, Mel sighs and casually flips the case off the self-destruct button. Giving the radar screen a small 'bye wave', she presses the button::
01[19:23] <@Savant> The squid-bot detonates in a small *THUMP* that rocks the little subs and the other Autos in the ocean, like a depth charge.
01[19:24] <@Savant> Birkin neatly evades a monster - and a real one, a big one at that. The massive thing looks as if it could crack his little submarine without much effort at all.
[19:24] <@Mel> ::switches to the other drone that is currently being 'interrogated' and flips on the master arm switch:: Let's see how you like a face full of gy-rocs
01[19:27] <@Savant> Everyones' submarines begin to ping at them quietly. Sonar is going mad with activity.
[19:27] <@Gabriel> ::signals Caelin to have the squidbots move to the perimeters of the formation::
05[19:27] <@Gabriel> <<Melissa, even>>
[19:28] <@Detro> ::stays on a course straight up, hoping their formation will narrow up a bit::
01[19:28] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::her voice is quiet, but somehow it still sounds ridiculously cheerful as she turns to Juno:: Looks like trouble!
[19:29] <@Mel> ::begins to move the drones out from the group and then fires up the next set of drones::
01[19:31] <@Savant> The drones begin to move more quickly, their many limbs flicking like knives through the blue-green murk. The pop of weapon fire is barely audible through that soup.
[19:31] <@Gabriel> ::cuts to the right to avoid one of the larger underwater autos:: Not exactly a friendly swim in Lake Clearwater.
[19:32] <@Mel> ::looks at the screen and tries to dodge incoming fire and looks at Juno:: not really good, no
01[19:34] <@Savant> They move in like darkening stormclouds - deadly, darkening stormclouds. There is a single gap of sunlight between them
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::guns the engine to run the blockade::
[19:35] <@Detro> ::accelerates, seeing the gap in the line above him closing::
[19:35] <@Caelin> ::starts pushing to get through the closing gap as fast as possible::
[19:35] <@Roland> ::for no reason other than to look cool, barrell rolls as he guns it to corkscrew around the incoming drones as they shoot by him::
[19:40] <@Mel> ::moves into position to bring attention to the drones and away from the group, firing and dodging::
[19:40] <@Detro> ::slows as he passes the danger::
[19:41] <@Caelin> ::once he thinks he's passed the autos he slows down to prevent detection::
[19:42] <@Mel> ::flips the self-destruct on another two drones seeing the state that they are in::
01[19:42] <@Savant> More explosions rock the underwater world. The Auto war is on.
[19:44] <@Mel> ::moves two drones into position on one of the lighter drones and slice it's engines while the other drone rips open the larger drone::
02[19:45] * @Itzpapalotl (~sindari@c-76-20-0-97.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: [22:00] <Savant> i'm like a magnet for fucktards. I emit an electroretardation field. Attracts stupid.)
[19:47] <@Gabriel> Looks like the drones are doing their jobs...
01[19:47] <@Savant> The Talons are starting to get into a brighter world, a layer of warmer, clearer water near the surface.
01[19:47] <@Savant> That world is punctured by myriad splashes, black shapes rolling in from the ships above...
03[19:48] * Itz|Away is now known as Itzpapalotl
[19:54] <@Mel> ::moves drones around and fires at the enemy drones, trying to draw more attention to them::
01[19:55] <@Savant> More splashes, some coming awfully quick. They haven't spotted the Talons yet, but there is enough of them up there that it is a serious dangers...
[19:59] <@Marshall> +com+ Depth charges right above. Watch out.
[19:59] <@Mel> ::continues to throw out gy-rocs and hopes for the best::
[20:02] <@Caelin> ::sees the charges come down along with the new set of autos and decides to hang back to wait for them to make their moves::
[20:02] <@Roland> ::seeing the incoming waves of drones, he cuts his engines and lets the momentum carry him forward somewhat just as the depth charge floats in::
01[20:04] <@Savant> The Autotorpedoes drop like stones - until they spot movement. Perhaps it's just the turbation in the water, One of them swerves up, suddenly, with a sudden rush of speed, and then detonates in an impressive white THUMP just beneath Detro and Marshall
01[20:07] <@Savant> Marshall's little sub is a little further away from the explosion, but he's facing it at a poor angle. His head smacks the side of the frame, and when his vision returns form the blackness, there's water gushing into his capsule. Rapidly.
[20:08] <@Marshall> +com+ Uhhh... Help.
01[20:09] <@Savant> Detro's a little closer to the blast, and his sub does a little worse. While it isn't actually *punctured*, he is.
[20:10] <@Gabriel> ::curses:: +com+ You're gonna have to push it! You've got autos on either side of you!
[20:11] <@Detro> ::initially mistakes the wet feeling for a leak int he sub, but it's a leak in him::
[20:12] <@Marshall> +com+ No good. Vehicle's shot to hell. I'm going to have to swim.
[20:13] <@Mel> ::listens to the com, wishing that she were more effective with these underwater drones::
[20:14] <@Gabriel> +com+ Turn it into the approaching autos and punch the engine.
[20:14] <@Roland> +com+ Tools. Grab the tools.
[20:14] <@Gabriel> +com+ See if they'll chase it.
[20:14] <@Roland> +com+ ....and some mines.
[20:15] <@Marshall> +com+ On it.
[20:15] <@Detro> ::grits his teeth as the pain finally hits:: +com+ Took a hit... Going up...
[20:16] <@Detro> ::looks around his sub for the first aid kit::
01[20:17] <@Savant> The water is cold, very cold, and feels slightly slimy. A little ticking sound echoes in Marshall's ear - a geiger counter.
[20:20] <@Detro> ::angles the sub away from where the depth charge got him and where drones previously passed through clean::
[20:23] <@Caelin> ::pushes forward again to assist marshal but then realizes the autos have now changed directions and are moving awfully close::
01[20:24] <@Savant> The Drones start to notice the Talons. They come in as a swarm, like schools of fish - once loose and ragged, but all of a sudden synchronized - and ravenous. One gets close to Marshall, its' many arms spread out wide like a star?
[20:24] <@Marshall> ::aims right for the one coming at him and opens up on it::
[20:25] <@Detro> ::seeing the pursuit, has to hold off on patching his wound::
[20:26] <@Gabriel> ::draws his underwater pistol and expends two rounds into the bot closest to Marshall::
[20:27] <@Birkin> ::grits his teeth, shooting at the squid about to shred Marshall::
[20:27] <@Caelin> ::pulls the rifles forward and fires at the heavier squidbot::
01[20:27] <@Savant> The Talons react well, fighting off the predators as they begin to swarm towards their allies. Still, there are a great many of them. The one closest to Marshall is rattled. Caelin puts a shot through the moncular eye of the larger one.
[20:29] <@Roland> +com+ Opening fire ::aims the gyroc rifle at LS4 and pumps two rounds into it in rapid succession, followed by another two rounds into the heavy drone trailing behind it::
[20:30] <@Gabriel> ::accelerates a bit, keeping his pistol ready on the other light bot near Marshall::
[20:31] <@Detro> ::gets closer to the surface, trying not to tense much to avoid bleeding out faster::
[20:31] <@Caelin> ::sees tynes heading over to help marshal and so decides to go to intercept the damaged heavy just beyond::
[20:32] <@Gabriel> ::sees Marshall become fully engaged with the light bot and holsters his pistol, drawing his sword::
01[20:32] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::Grabs Marshall around one leg with a coiling arm, then another around his torso - oblivious to the agony of broken ribs it causes. Buzzing blades extend out from its hidden underbelly to dissect him as it did the Trojan squiddies deeper below.::
[20:34] <@Marshall> ::grabs the knife and struggles to stay alive and defend himself::
[20:34] <@Gabriel> ::dives in and slashes at the drone's rear quarter, going after anything that looks important::
01[20:34] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::The Auto calmly and carefully saws off Marshall's breastplate. He can feel the blade tearing into his wetsuit, but not his flesh::
[20:35] <@Caelin> ::as he comes close, fires a another rifle shot at the other heavy squid::
Session Close: Thu Jul 02 20:40:24 2009

Session Start: Thu Jul 02 20:40:24 2009
Session Ident: #BT05
02[20:40] * Disconnected
02[20:40] * Attempting to rejoin channel #BT05
03[20:40] * Rejoined channel #BT05
03[20:40] * Topic is '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
03[20:40] * Set by Savant on Thu Jul 02 18:29:56
03[20:40] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Savant
[20:46] <@Birkin> ::growls at this whole underwater mess, glaring through the water and firing a shot off at the squid still on Marshall::
[20:46] <@Gabriel> ::brandishing his sword, points toward Marshall, then at the surface::
[20:46] <@Marshall> ::nods and paddles with his hands and his good leg towards the surface::
[20:46] <@Birkin> Seriously. Fuck water
[20:46] <@Roland> ::as the Squidbot attacking Marshall goes up, he turns his attention to the incoming other squidbots and rapid fires the gyrocs to taken them down:: +com+ So, no water missions from now on, yeah?
[20:46] <@Roland> +com+ I feel like a fucking fish.
[20:46] <@Gabriel> +com+ You talk like this one's over. To the surface, Talons. Move it.
[20:46] <@Marshall> +com+ Remind me to bring my fucking floaties.
01[20:46] <@Savant> The squid-bot that is slowly dissecting Marshall shudders, wriggles, and goes limp. Marshall has to pry himself out of its' leathery grip.
[20:47] <@Birkin> +com+ I motion that the only water missions we undertake from now on are on the shore of Ashanti
[20:47] <@Roland> ::turns, rolls, and makes for the surface::
[20:47] <@Marshall> +com+ Sounds good to me.
[20:47] <@Gabriel> ::expends the rest of his first underwater clip toward the two remaining approaching autos::
[20:47] <@Detro> +com+ ::through gritted teeth:: Nearing surface.
[20:48] <@Mel> ::sends the mass of drones up quickly to to cover the rest of the team as best as possible::
01[20:48] <@Savant> The surface beckons like the lights of heaven. Derto surfaces first, bobbing like a cork just below the surface itself. He can see through the clear dome of his damaged submarine the grey shapes of the three ships
[20:48] <@Caelin> ::hasn't broken radio silence, he just continues upward::
[20:49] <@Birkin> ::moves up higher towards the surface, grumbles to himself::
[20:49] <@Roland> +com+ So are we fixing the transport first? Or blowing up the ships?
01[20:50] <@Savant> The two Autos that are pursuing the Talons pop like balloons, going limp as their companions did. The water below is swirling madly, copping apart with the frenzy of the combat below.
[20:50] <@Marshall> +com+ We can set the mines on a timer.
[20:50] <@Detro> ::starting to get a visual of what's upstairs:: +com+ 3 ships... other support craft...
[20:50] <@Roland> +com+ Well in any case, we can't just fix the transport and waltz away. Get those mines onto the propulsion systems.
[20:51] <@Gabriel> +com+ I'd prefer to let the Utopians deal with the ships. Our job is the freighter.
[20:52] <@Detro> ::has to find a safe place before he can bandage himself::
01[20:52] <@Savant> You get to the surface of the water quickly now that the bulk of the Autos are out of the way.
03[20:54] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Itz|Away
[20:55] <@Detro> ::once on the surface, finally rips the medkit off the bulkhead and hastilly pulls out a pressure bandage. He looks down at the rather nasty gouge in his thigh, the metal shank responsible for it just inches from Detro's nether regions -- a close call as it is, but he's bleeding profusely::
[20:56] <@Roland> +com+ That destroyer's got a VTOL and a fucking hovertank on it. Looks like it just dumped about every drone it has overboard.
[20:56] <@Birkin> +com+ ... Confirmed. I see it.
[20:57] <@Gabriel> The destroyer is the problem of the sub, not us. Our problem is the freighter. Stick to the mission, Talons. Let's head aft.
[20:57] <@Gabriel> ::submerges just below the surface and follows his own orders::
[20:57] <@Detro> ::moves aside as much of the wetsuit as he can, grimacing against the pain, then slams the pressure patch on:: ... ... AAAAAGH!
[20:58] <@Detro> FUCKING OCEAN!
[20:58] <@Mel> ::wonders if her one drone will be of any use:: This isn't good...
[20:58] <@Caelin> ::mutters to himself::just great....
[20:58] <@Marshall> Would you like to say it again so they'll hear you on Terra Nova?
01[20:58] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[20:59] <@Savant> Well done everyone. What did you think of your first underwater adventure?
[20:59] <@Birkin> It sucked.
[20:59] <@Birkin> hate
01[20:59] <@Savant> You guys did just fine, and you got a new challenge in a new environment. Quit whining Wink
01[21:01] <@Savant> expees, i think we are good for some expees.
01[21:01] <@Savant> first is for teamwork. tell us some.
[21:02] <@Birkin> Mel did an awesome job as a distraction
01[21:02] <@Savant> agreed Smile Mel did very well in distracting that first wave.
01[21:03] <@Savant> Hopefully she will be able to pull some more Autos to the surface to help out.
01[21:03] <@Savant> Any ways in which your teamwork may be improved?
[21:03] <@Mel> that's what i'm hoping too
[21:03] <@Birkin> Less running and gunning past automissles?
01[21:03] <@Savant> that is a very fair point too Wink go Team Laser Explosion
[21:04] <@Gabriel> Team Let's Clear The Minefield By Marching A Division Through It
01[21:04] <@Savant> that's one point. Two points is for storyline. learn anything interesting tonight?
[21:04] <@Gabriel> Even Utopian expendibles are smart. That means we're going to see smart missiles, too.
[21:04] <@Birkin> Yeah destroyers carry HT's
[21:04] <@Gabriel> You gave that one away OOC, Savant, but now you've shown the card IC, too. Wink
01[21:05] <@Savant> Smile
01[21:06] <@Savant> that is very true. Everything on Utopia is smart. And everything on Utopia wants to kill you Smile
01[21:07] <@Savant> think of it like Starshitp Troopers, and you're on the Bug Planet
[21:07] <@Birkin> from the Destroyer
[21:07] <@Birkin> We don't know about the Frigate
01[21:08] <@Savant> two points so far. Three is for being in a fight. Four for this being probably the most lethal one of the story arc so far.
[21:09] <@Birkin> HI BILLY MAYS HERE, AND I'M TALKING TO YOU FROM HEAVEN
01[21:09] <@Savant> that's four points so far. I will make it five if you can tell me just what you'd prefer for the next ship battle - Solid Snake/Metal Gear Solid, or maybe Under Siege?
[21:10] <@Birkin> dude
[21:10] <@Marshall> Totally US.
[21:10] <@Birkin> stripper and a cake
[21:10] <@Detro> Under Siege
[21:10] <@Roland> Stripper + Cake
[21:10] <@Gabriel> ::chuckles:: Yeah, definitely Under Siege. Die Hard on a freighter.
[21:10] <@Mel> solid snake Razz
[21:10] <@Gabriel> Stripper in a crate!
[21:10] <@Detro> Save the solid snake for when we fight on a plane.
[21:10] <@Marshall> lol!
[21:10] <@Birkin> yeah there is
[21:10] <@Birkin> Meryl
01[21:11] <@Savant> okay, that's five Smile well done all
01[21:11] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:32] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:32] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:32] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
03[18:32] * Gabriel (~jester@99-37-68-207.lightspeed.cornca.sbcglobal.net) has joined #BT05
03[18:32] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
[18:32] <@Roland> ::attn::
[18:32] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:32] <@Marshall> ::attn::
[18:32] <@Detro> ::attn::
[18:32] <@Mel> ::attn::
01[18:32] <@Savant> hello and welcome yet again to another exciting episode of the Black Talons! I am as always your host.
[18:32] <@Caelin> ::attn::
03[18:33] * Itzpapalotl is now known as Delgado
[18:33] <@Delgado> ::half-assed attn::
[18:33] <@Brikin> ::attn::
01[18:33] <@Savant> Tonight we are concluding the second half of your magical underwater adventure.
[18:34] <@Brikin> under the sea
01[18:34] <@Savant> I apologize for the ridiculous state of my disorganization at present. I literally just sat down at the terminal. I had intended to draw up a nice set of deck plans at work over yesterday and today, but work chose just this week to get uncharacteristically hectic.
01[18:34] <@Savant> So, there's no map. However, I trust that we can accomplish some close-in personal scale combat without a problem. The rooms on the ship are all rather small so we will be able to do this thang.
01[18:35] <@Savant> any problems with that?
[18:35] <@Gabriel> As long as we get the benefit of the doubt in disputes about positions and so forth, no.
01[18:35] <@Savant> didn't think so. Here's your brief. It is brief.
01[18:35] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit
01[18:35] <@Savant> Early Morning of 20 December, 462 UC (32AUT46)
01[18:35] <@Savant> Winalta Bay, South of Abasathon, Central Sumer
01[18:35] <@Savant> 10 degrees C, unsettled currents. Moderate radiation levels.
01[18:35] <@Savant> Air! Sweet air, above the water. You've never been so happy to breathe it. Salty and cold, heavy with the smell of the sea - something you're entirely unfamiliar with. The Aristophanes' white hull swells as s loping wall beside you.
01[18:35] <@Savant> You must get aboard and get the crew to safety, if you can - a submarine is surfacing to help on your order.The lives of those Fenians are paramount; not so much for the value of their service or information but simply because the Fenians must feel as if Troy is not abandoning them.
01[18:35] <@Savant> The cargo, however, runs a very close second. Those goods will complete a strategic reserve of materials crucial to the creation of the Blaecscirham active camouflage system upon which Troy depends. The war can continue without it - it must - but those minerals will account for any unaccounted factors. Do keep this in mind.
01[18:35] <@Savant> Please acknowledge after reading.
[18:36] <@Detro> ack
[18:36] <@Brikin> ack
[18:36] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:36] <@Delgado> ack
[18:36] <@Marshall> ack
[18:36] <@Roland> ack
[18:36] <@Mel> ack
01[18:36] <@Savant> and I am ready for questions. Also, I have one for you - skype tonight? Or is it not needed with the lack of a map?
[18:37] <@Caelin> ack
[18:37] <@Roland> Probably not needed without a map.
[18:37] <@Brikin> ::Raises::
[18:37] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: It's not needed without the map, and would probably be a source of distracting chit-chat from the RP.
01[18:37] <@Savant> Brikin? Brikkin'
03[18:38] * Brikin is now known as Birkin
[18:38] <@Birkin> I hate you
[18:38] <@Caelin> hehe
[18:38] <@Marshall> I tried to tell ya Wink
[18:38] <@Detro> Please restate that in the form of a question.
[18:38] <@Birkin> Since we lack a map, do you want me to just wait till we get one before I go on my adventure to set mines on the frigate or the destroyer
01[18:39] <@Savant> we can do that today as well.
01[18:40] <@Savant> anything further, or shall we roll?
[18:40] <@Marshall> Roll, yo.
01[18:40] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:40] <@Savant> 
01[18:40] <@Savant> The Aristophanes is a wide-bellied ship - most of its' girth is beneath the surface of the water, leaving you on something of a steep slope up towards the rails. Above the glossy white wall of the hull a tall crane boom hangs. If only someone were up there to lower the cable, it would make getting aboard much simpler!
[18:41] <@Gabriel> ::swims aft just below the surface along the hull of the freighter, strong strokes only slightly hampered by the OMATS, confident that the others are following::
[18:41] <@Detro> ::finshes bandaging his wound the best he can before looking up the side of the ship, then back down at his leg:: Joo fuen chse...
[18:42] <@Roland> ::rolls onto his back and follows the Captain, keeping his eyes on the railing at the edge of the deck of the freighter to make sure nobody is peeking over::
[18:42] <@Birkin> +com+ Captain permission to give one of the CEF ships a present. ::still in side his submarine::
[18:42] <@Marshall> ::takes a brief moment to withdraw an autoinjector from the medical kit he pulled off the submarine and removes the cap before pressing the needle into his arm. So simple a monkey could do it.::
[18:43] <@Detro> ::is still in the sub for now:: +com+ Unless someone's lowering an elevator me, I'm not sure I can get up there without bleeding out. Sub still works though, I could recon for Birkin.
[18:43] <@Gabriel> +com+ Permission granted, but step right along, Lieutenant. Our primary mission is the freighter.
[18:44] <@Birkin> +com+ Yes sir. Going silent for this mission until I am in the clear again sir. ::lets his ship submerge under the waves again::
[18:45] <@Delgado> ::is half strapped to a seat with her legs bouncing with nerves. She's half strapped in because she doesn't want to go flying when they're hit, but she also doesn't want to be trapped to the chair should they take on water and drown and oh god she's really underwater right now::
[18:45] <@Caelin> ::comes up to the hull of the ship and launches a cable up to the rail::
[18:46] <@Detro> ::not hearing himself attached to it:: I suppose that's a "no" then. ::looks at his leg and shakes his head:: What's the worst that could happen? Lose more of the leg? ::quietly runs the sub closer to the hull, looking for ways up::
[18:47] <@Marshall> ::grunts, the stimulant wakening him from his head injured coma, then he takes off after Gabriel::
[18:47] <@Gabriel> +com+ Everyone else stay with me, including you, Detro. There will be anchor chains to the fore and aft, but that destroyer's a bit close to the fore.
01[18:48] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Juno has been chattering pretty much constantly, to distract Delgado from the gentle whoosh of the ocean, or the distant booms form outside:: Oh, hey, they're trying to flank us. Maybe we should get some squiddies on that - do we have any more of them? No? Okay, well, i'll just move this one. Are you sure you don't want ot watch Delgado?
[18:48] <@Gabriel> ::swims around the corner to the aft end of the ship and starts to look for an anchor cable or chain::
[18:48] <@Detro> +com+ ::clicks acknwoledgement and turns to head aft::
[18:48] <@Roland> +com+ Stick close to the hull. We don't need anybody peeking over and causing a ruckus.
[18:48] <@Mel> ::glances over the various readouts::
[18:49] <@Roland> +com+ Well, we do, but not until I can shoot them.
[18:50] <@Birkin> ::manuevers himself to a safe depth and begins to move silently over towards the destroyer, letting inertia take him a little way before puttering for a few seconds::
[18:50] <@Delgado> ::gives Juno a baleful look. Though she knows deep down that the woman is trying to help, she is, in fact, doing the complete opposite with her blow-by-blow commentary:: I'm quite sure, thanks.
01[18:52] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::nods and keeps at her terminal, tapping away merrily:: What do you think of Utopia anyways? I think it's awesome. Wow, what a strange place. Not at all like Terranova.
[18:53] <@Delgado> Too much radiation. And water. And big fucking monsters. ... But other than that, it's entirely pleasant. ::quietly grinds her teeth::
[18:53] <@Roland> ::kicks a little harder to get around the captain and to the chain first, then starts climbing it towards the ship's fantail::
[18:54] <@Detro> ::gets to the anchor chain just fine, but in his condition, climbing it is just not to be::
[18:54] <@Birkin> ::gets right up under the ship, exhaling to himself as he looks around, getting ready to plant the first mine directly below the Artillery gun carriage, hoping to cause a few secondary explosions::
[18:54] <@Mel> ::glances over at the conversation between Juno and Delgado::
[18:54] <@Detro> ::his right leg out of action, he just doesn't have the motive power to make it::
[18:54] <@Marshall> ::right behind Roland, he climbs as quietly as he can::
[18:55] <@Gabriel> ::allows Roland and Marshall to precede him, then follows them up::
[18:55] <@Detro> +com+ Need a little help here...
[18:55] <@Roland> ::pops his head slowly up through the hole in the deck where the chain pokes through the hull::
[18:55] <@Caelin> ::climbs the cable carefully as to not bang against the hull till he gets close to the top, then pauses a bit::
01[18:56] <@Savant> The deck of the Aristophanes is made of a rubbery decking, charcoal black and whitewashed in places frmo sea sale. It makes an excellent grip, even when wet. Large shipping containers, larger than a Gear, are lashed to the deck in tidy rows. These are the same containers that Caelin and Scildfreja were smuggled in on their journey to Caprice.
01[18:56] <@Savant> Aristophanes has a large rearcastle, upon which the bridge rests like an aircraft conning tower. The boxy structure has a few doors entering, and only a small grantryway around each side to get to the helicopter pad at the rear, clearly only for foot traffic. Three foot teams of two GREL each patrol about the cargo crates, each escorting a Steelgate inspections officer.
[18:56] <@Gabriel> ::glances down at Detro:: +com+ Sergent, fall back to the doctor, let her take a look at you.
[18:57] <@Detro> +com+ ::clicks an acknowledgement and carefully makes his way back down to the bobbing sub::
[18:58] <@Roland> ::looks back down the chain, holds up two fingers and rubs his hand over his head as if it were bald, then one finger. He repeats the two fingers, one finger motion twice more::
01[18:58] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::grins a good-natured grin:: Yeah, the giant sea monsters aren't so much fun. Well, I - oh wow, did you see that one? Oh man! That thing's as big as a landship! ::engrossed by her screen::
[18:58] <@Gabriel> ::as he reaches the fantail, nudges his underwater rifle under an overhang and unstows his sidearm::
[18:58] <@Birkin> ::plants the bomb with little fuss, then moves back towards the prop to plant his second bomb::
[18:59] <@Detro> ::getting back in the sub and seals up to dive::
[18:59] <@Gabriel> ::nods to Roland and changes out the clip for subsonic rounds, then pulls a silencer out of a waterproof pouch and screws it into place::
[18:59] <@Roland> ::also points up towards the bridge and runs through through 1 to 5 on his fingers before shrugging, then points to his eyes and the deck::
[18:59] <@Caelin> ::slowly peeks over the edge then ducks back, unhooking the rifle from it's catch::
[18:59] <@Marshall> ::nods, grabbing his M32 and attaching a suppressor to the barrel::
[19:00] <@Birkin> ::plants the prop bomb and begins his slow trek back across the water to the safe side of the freighter his team was boarding::
[19:00] <@Gabriel> ::frowns a bit, then nods again, then asks if the GREL are Mordreds or Morganas, using a rather crude pair of sexual gestures to ask the key point of the question::
05[19:00] <@Gabriel> <<non-verbally asks>>
[19:00] <@Roland> ::jack-off gesture::
[19:01] <@Delgado> ::closes her eyes and rubs her temples:: Tell it to stay away. Or eat the enemy. Yes, that would be quite useful. Then we can get out of here.
[19:03] <@Detro> ::takes the little mini-sub back down into the watery depths, keeping an eye out for any of the drones that they previously left behind...::
01[19:03] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::grabs the microphone wand sticking out of her console and talks into it, though it isn't on:: Attention, Icthysaurus! Please direct your attention to the delightful feast we have set out for you on oh prophet- Detro!
[19:04] <@Delgado> ::actually smirks at that, but it's quickly erased by the tone of Juno's voice. She opens her eyes and looks over at the woman:: What?
01[19:05] <@Savant> Detro misses one of the drones in his descent. It lets off a shot that pierces the mini-sub through the compartment and cracks the hull. Water starts gushing in, and the device starts sinking rapidly as bubbles escape.
[19:05] <@Detro> ::has enough time to get off one startled shout:: +com+ HELP!
01[19:05] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> He's been hit! ::waving her arms at the pilot:: Pick him up, pick him up!
01[19:06] <@Savant> Above the sea, it's much more calm. No sign of the trauma below. The TAlons cling to the side of Aristophanes like remoras.
[19:06] <@Gabriel> ::nods at the situation, and directs his team toward the portside gangway::
[19:06] <@Gabriel> ::instructs Roland to take the lead and emphasizes the silencer on his own pistol::
[19:07] <@Detro> ::that done, he gulps down a last breath of air and prepares to hold it as long as he can::
[19:07] <@Delgado> Shit! Haul him up!
01[19:08] <@Savant> Below, the benthic monster rises upwards, opening its' whalelike maw - a vehicle loading hatch. It gobbles up Detro and begins pumping the water from the bay.
[19:08] <@Roland> ::nods and pulls himself up through the hole and into the recessed winch area, just below the deck -- he unslings the waterproof duffel he was carrying and slowly unzips it, removing a series of sidearms and silenced R25::
[19:08] <@Birkin> ::gets far enough away, catching sight of Detro as he is taken down and the Utopians move in to interced:: +com+ Talon Lead this is XO. Sous-Sergeant Takira took a hit while diving. The Utopians are moving to interceed on him. Bombs are planted on the destroyer and awaiting your orders for detonation.
[19:10] <@Detro> ::has his eyes closed tight against the pain and the water... it's hard to keep his lungs full with a swiss cheese gut::
01[19:11] <@Savant> On Aristophanes, the Talons skirt past a row of cargo containers towards the starboard gangway. They can hear footsteps on the opposite side of the containers from them.
[19:11] <@Roland> ::crawls up onto the deck proper and moves to the corner of the nearest cargo container, keeping his head peeked around the corner::
01[19:12] <@Savant> Portside, even. Port side.
01[19:12] <@Savant> Below, Detro's sub lolls to one side as the water escapes the sub bay.
[19:13] <@Detro> ::gets thrown to one side as the sub rolls... there's not much he can do but go with it - moving hurts::
[19:14] <@Gabriel> ::looks for doors alongside the gangway that lead into the ship proper::
[19:14] <@Delgado> ::snatches up her medkit she kept by her side and hauls ass toward the bay, screaming as she goes:: I WANT ANYONE WITH MEDICAL EXPERIENCE DOWN THERE NOW!
[19:15] <@Roland> ::slows and moves very deliberately as the steps pass on the otherside of the container, avoiding making any noise -- he continues towards the bridge::
[19:16] <@Roland> ::stops, holds up a closed fist, then kneels::
[19:16] <@Gabriel> ::kneels also, sidearm at the ready, making sure the sword is tucked underneath him and doesn't rattle on anything as he does so::
[19:16] <@Detro> ::starts to lose consciousness, fighting to hold onto it::
[19:16] <@Marshall> ::freezes behind Roland::
[19:17] <@Roland> ::peeking around the corner, he narrows his eyes and turns his head slightly towards one of the patrol groups that appears to have stopped with one of the crewman, listening::
01[19:18] <@Savant> Delgado rushes to the sub hold on the Trojan submarine, and she doesn't even realize that she's splashing through ankle-deep water as she's going. AT least for the first seconds, perhaps...
01[19:19] <@Savant> Roland overhears the conversation between an inspector and the crewman. He's interrogating him about who's touched the cargo, this one in particular, as it looks like it's a bit askew in its rigging
[19:20] <@Roland> ::looks at the group, then the cargo::
[19:20] <@Roland> ::briefly tries to figure out if they could push it over onto the trio::
01[19:20] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::runs in behind Delgado:: Is he okay? is he okay?
[19:21] <@Delgado> ::runs through the door and over to the sub Detro's in, opening it and throwing herself inside:: Goddamnit Takira, stay awake! ::tears her kit open and starts grabbing things and putting them in place, knowing where things are by memory and touch:: No he's not!
[19:21] <@Caelin> ::peeks around the corner out to the main deck area to see if he could spot his son anywhere::
[19:21] <@Birkin> ::stays silent underwater, waiting for orders after reporting in, watching the movement of the enemy drones in the deep, trying to analyize a pattern for them::
01[19:22] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::follows Delgado, but can't get into the sub with her - it's just too small. She hops from foot to foot in anxiety:: Oh mahmoud
[19:22] <@Caelin> ::presses his lips as he doesn't find any sign of Eadric anywhere, this is probably a good thing::
[19:23] <@Roland> ::looks back over his shoulder, points to where he thinks Caelin is, given that the light is currently bending around his damned Armiger, then waves him forward::
[19:23] <@Detro> ::a surge of pain and white filling his vision is the last he experiences::
[19:25] <@Delgado> ::reaches over and slaps Detro across the face, trying to get his attention:: Sous-Sergeant! ::watches him slip unconscious and is slightly thankful, though that means time is quickly running out:: Fuck! ::grabs a scalpel in her hand and hesitates for just a moment before cutting into Detro's belly. There's no time for the mercy of meds. With her other hand she grabs the sterile jelly and dumps
[19:25] <@Delgado> it on and in the wound before hunting for the source of the bleeding and fixing it::
[19:25] <@Roland> ::points at the cargo container who's rigging has come askew, and makes a pushing forward motion with his forearm followed by a flip of his hand from vertical to horizontal::
[19:26] <@Gabriel> ::has a quick glance around the corner so that he can see what Roland is seeing, then pulls back::
[19:27] <@Delgado> ::is still laying down an impressive string of curses as her hands plunge deep inside Detro, doing a quick patch job on a nicked artery before moving to bypass his liver so he won't bleed to death before she can fix the rest of him:: I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME MOVE HIM! ::screams out, knowing there's no way in hell she'll be able to haul him out of the sub and down to a medbay proper for futher
[19:27] <@Delgado> treatment::
[19:28] <@Mel> ::looks over the computer readout, listening carefully to the com chat::
[19:28] <@Caelin> ::notes rolands gestures and quickly darts under and around crates and containers to his next location::
01[19:29] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::jumps forwards, reaching in to grab Detro's shoulders:: I got him!
[19:30] <@Delgado> Good. ::grabs her kit and slings it across her chest before grabbing his legs:: Now move him on three. One, two, three! ::helps lift Detro with Juno, trying to get him out of the sub and to a medbay:: Run! I don't care how, but run, damnit!
[19:31] <@Roland> ::frowns, shrugs, then continues forwards again, slipping past the conversation::
[19:31] <@Birkin> ::frowns, wishing he could have seen more of the battle itself:: +com+ Lieutenant Birkin to Captain Tynes. From what I can tell sir the Utopians are holding their own out here. It's pretty neck and neck though
[19:33] <@Gabriel> ::makes a mental note to remind Birkin that there are multiple types of Utopians on this planet as he slips quietly past the conversation::
01[19:33] <@Savant> Juno and Delgado run down the tight corridor with Detro between them, trailing blood. He's on a bed in a matter of moments. A bulbous, bug-eyed monster descends form the ceiling, its' many spindly appendages filled with knives and needles and nozzles.
[19:34] <@Delgado> ::grits her teeth and throws everything she has behind carrying Detro, though it seems to be a bit easier than she would've thought. .... That thought is quickly eclipsed though by the fact that Detro is dying in her hands::
[19:34] <@Mel> ::is impressed at how the smaller force is holding out against a larger force::
01[19:34] <@Savant> The Talons make their way past the conversation to a single oblong hatch on the port side of the ship. It's not locked, but it's not open.
01[19:35] <@Savant> 5Drone> Med-drone> ::in a soothing tone:: *beep* halen, esclepa *beep*
[19:35] <@Gabriel> ::once he's in a location where he thinks it's safe to talk quietly, responds to Birkin:: +subvoc+ Understood. Your mission complete out there?
[19:35] <@Roland> ::pauses, steps up beside the hatch and puts his ear to it::
[19:36] <@Birkin> +com+ Yes sir. The presents are set sir, awaiting your orders.
[19:36] <@Gabriel> +subvoc+ Leave them there for the moment, and join us on board. Aft end, left side gangway. Quick and quiet.
[19:36] <@Delgado> ::places Detro on the table and unslings her kit, starting to reach into it then looks up at the movement. Normally, she would've screamed, but with the adrenaline pumping through her she quickly drops the kit off of her shoulder and smoothly drops to one knee while drawing her sidearm, aiming up at the drone. Her finger just starts to squeeze the trigger when the damn thing talks to her:: Wha...?
[19:37] <@Delgado> ::takes a deep breath and stands back up, holstering the gun before pointing at Detro and firing off rapid analysis and orders at the drone in Agenspraec::
[19:38] <@Roland> ::steps back, considers knocking, then thinks better and begins very slowly rotating the entry wheel::
01[19:38] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::It replies calmly and efficiently. Its' arm work like a spinning spiders', a few descending to inject Detro with a cocktail of drugs, and high-resolution scanners hum and haw above him in a pinwheel of slim metal appendages::
[19:40] <@Birkin> ::begins to putter over towards the chain that the Captain told him about, exiting the craft and begining to climb up onto the anchor chain, pulling himself up as stealthily as he can towards the top::
01[19:40] <@Savant> Roland opens the door cautiously and peers inside. Past the door is a small room, with stairs going up and stairs going down, and a pair of doors going off to either side. And a completely unsurprised pair of Morganas raising their Orlinjok pistols towards him.
[19:41] <@Delgado> ::looks over the readouts, absently wiping at her sweaty forehead with her hand, leaving a bloody streak across her face as macabe war paint:: Ok. Filter first. Organs second.
01[19:43] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::looking vaguely horrified at the side of the bed:: What do I do?
[19:44] <@Roland> ::is in the midst of going to one knee as they begin to raise their pistols and he brings up his carbine -- one, to allow people behind him to shoot and two, to roll out of the way after he fires in case they're still alive::
[19:44] <@Marshall> ::raises his own silenced pistol, leveling it at the first Morgana's head. TAP. Swivelling to the second. TAP.::
01[19:44] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::As she asks, she's grabbing some antiseptic spray and spraying herself down, as well as a lot of the surrounds for good measure::
[19:45] <@Delgado> ::with the evil-looking drone's help, she starts literally putting Detro back together, always trying to keep one step ahead of the 10 different things that are working together to kill him:: Nothing. You should go back to the controls and see if you can keep this from happening to any other of the Talons. ::her voice is calm as she digs around inside Detro, blood now up to her elbows as she
[19:45] <@Delgado> works side-by-side with MediDrone::
01[19:47] <@Savant> 5Drone> Medidrone ::Is a perfect compliment, as calm and efficient as Delgado is, effectively giving her a second set of hands.. or three, or four...::
01[19:48] <@Savant> Marshall isn't quick enough, and he's having to fire overtop of Roland's crouched form. The Morganas twist aside easily, already diving for cover in the stairwells.
[19:48] <@Mel> +com+ Doctor's working on Detro right now...how's everything up there?
[19:48] <@Birkin> ::gets a little bit up on the chain but not far enough::
[19:48] <@Caelin> ::raises his rifle and presses up to the wall, waving for the others to find cover::
[19:49] <@Marshall> ::takes his shots and then finds a bulkhead to hide behind::
[19:51] <@Roland> ::his carbine cycles once, a loud 'click' as the action flicks back upon the first round firing as the casing flies out to the side -- he's already tracking to the second target though his thumb is moving towards the firing selection switch in the event the first Morgana surives the initial round::
01[19:51] <@Savant> 6Morgana> hauugh! ::Her hands go to her face and she drops to her knees, blood gushing from a horrible wound in her destroyed jaw.::
01[19:53] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::slinks back into the chair beside Mel, blood on her hands and a smear on her cheek:: Hooh.. .prophet, I hope he makes it.
[19:53] <@Delgado> ::finds a rhythm with the drone, the both of them working together to stop Detro's bleeding and literally glue his liver back together. They then patch up his intestines like you'd patch a tire, flush out his abdomen, then hook his blood back up to flow through his body normally. She holds her breath, waiting to see what happens::
[19:53] <@Roland> ::his thumb backs off -- it was probably better to let the Morgana mumble or cry out slightly rather than fill the stairwell with the pinging of richocheting bullets from an autofire -- but his trigger finger pulses a second time and again a shell pings off to the side as the carbine action clicks::
01[19:54] <@Savant> 6Morgana> ::takes the shell square in the forehead and she flops to the ground like a caught fish, twitching a few moments and gasping for breath::
[19:55] <@Marshall> ::grabs his knife, stepping in and finishing off the downed Morganas with a slice to both sides of the neck for each of them::
[19:55] <@Roland> ::stays still for a moment as Marshall rushes past him, waiting for something to explode or for Marshall to get shot::
[19:57] <@Marshall> ::dives back out the door:: Oh damn that was a mistake!
01[19:58] <@Savant> 6Morgana> ::As Marshall rushes over to give the coup de grace to the wounded Morgana with the destroyed jaw, she punches him square in the nose. She's got no leverage so it doesn't *break* anything, but he's back on his heels and seeing stars::
[19:58] <@Roland> ::another pull of the trigger::
[19:59] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Marshall as he makes more noise than the rest of the fight and replies quietly:: Yes. Yes, it was.
[19:59] <@Roland> ::rises slowly, then collects the three shell casings:: +subvoc+ Grab the bodies, throw them overboard ::glances at the railing::
[19:59] <@Mel> ::continues to overwatch the battle::
[19:59] <@Roland> ::tosses the casings overboard::
05[19:59] <@Marshall> <<scratch the last since he got punched in the face.>>
01[19:59] <@Savant> 6Morgana> ::She takes a bullet to the head and crumples like her sister::
01[20:00] <@Savant> Detro begins to stabilize. He's a mess of blood, antibacterial jelly, artificial plasma, and seawater, but he's stable.
[20:01] <@Marshall> ::rubs his nose:: Bitch. ::grabs her by the neck and under the arm and tosses her over the side railing::
[20:01] <@Detro> ::the hearing comes back first... like the roar of the ocean above in his ears, subdued yet growing::
[20:01] <@Gabriel> ::steps into the room, sidearm still ready::
[20:01] <@Roland> ::walks into the stairwell as Marshall dargs out a body and keeps his carbine up, sweeping the sightlines up, then down::
[20:01] <@Caelin> ::follows gabriel in::
01[20:01] <@Savant> The Talons on board Aristophanes, now, have stairs going up and down, and hatches leading to either side. The hold would be below, and the bridge above.
[20:02] <@Roland> ::glances at the two hatches, and then something to jam their wheels with::
[20:02] <@Caelin> ::points up a set of stairs:: bridge will be up there ::points down another set:: that goes to the hold
01[20:02] <@Savant> 5Drone> *beep* [AS] May we assist further, honoured doctor?
[20:03] <@Detro> ::moans as his eyes flutter open::
[20:03] <@Gabriel> ::points upwards::
[20:03] <@Roland> ::reconsiders having asked to have the bodies thrown overboard as the limbs might have proven useful to jamming the doors::
[20:04] <@Marshall> ::grabs his shotgun, pulling it up and following again, a slight twinge of pain in his nose::
[20:04] <@Roland> ::points at the fire box on the wall, then the two doors before creeping up the stairs::
[20:05] <@Birkin> ::nearly loses his grip before steadying himself and climbing up the chain and moving behind some cover, looking for where the Talons had gotten themselves off to and creeping along to where the other Talons were at, clicking his subvoc com so that people know hes there as he approaches::
[20:06] <@Detro> :Surprisedf course, waking up to the sight of THAT suspended above his body doesn't help. He starts making very apprehensive noises and trying to move::
[20:08] <@Delgado> ::watches Detro carefully as he starts to regain consciousness. At the sight of Detro trying to wiggle his way off the bed and away from the drone is actually a good sign:: [AS] No. That is all.
[20:08] <@Delgado> ::lays a hand on Detro's shoulder:: Stop moving or you might rupture something.
01[20:09] <@Savant> 5Drone> ::Beeps once and retreats into its ceiling cavity, looking like a set of three unlit ceiling lamps in a round fixture::
[20:09] <@Caelin> ::it's painfully obvious to the talon's that caelin's been in this business for a long time, he's practically tip-toeing his armiger up the stairs barely making sound::
[20:10] <@Roland> ::stops beside the door, slightly ajar, where there is apparently an interrogation going on -- he glances back at the Captain as he reaches for a flash-bang::
[20:11] <@Detro> ::relaxes as Delgado steps into his field of view... weak, sedated, croaks:: How bad this time?
[20:12] <@Delgado> ::looks down at her arm and realizes she's leaving a bloody handprint on him and that both of her arms are covered with blood and darker, more foul stuff up to the elbows. However, she's completely alright with this:: You almost died. You still can. You're not out of the woods yet, but you can see the clearing.
[20:12] <@Gabriel> ::heads upstairs after the others, stopping behind Roland and nodding, removing his own flash-bang::
[20:13] <@Roland> ::thumbs over his shoulder in the general direction of the frigate, then rapidly opens a closed fist::
[20:13] <@Marshall> ::stacks on the door::
03[20:13] * Kt (~Kt@ip70-187-39-7.pn.at.cox.net) has left #bt05
[20:13] <@Gabriel> ::nods and takes two steps back down the stairs and says very quietly:: +com+ Birkin, I need you to set off your charges in 30 seconds. 30 seconds from 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... mark.
[20:14] <@Birkin> +subvoc+ Counting down.
[20:14] <@Detro> ::closes his eyes:: Tell me the Utopians aren't pissed for trashing their mini-sub.
[20:15] <@Mel> ::continues to watch the battlefield::
[20:15] <@Delgado> Oh yeah. Once you get better you'll have to work off the cost of the sub. ::gives him a queer look:: You almost died and you're worried about a sub? Fuck the sub. Worry about your damn liver.
[20:16] <@Gabriel> ::tosses his flash-bang in after Roland's::
[20:16] <@Roland> ::HUCK::
[20:16] <@Detro> ::chuckles a bit, then winces:: Doc.... I'll get you trained with a better bedside manner soon 'nuff... hopefully before there's nothing left of me to patch up...
[20:17] <@Mel> ::carefully moves the Autodiver onto the ship, legs unfolding as it pauses to look around::
[20:17] <@Birkin> +subvoc+ Mark. Fire in the hole. ::presses his detonator for the explosives he laid on the belly of the destoryer::
01[20:18] <@Savant> There is a large battle underwater, but above it's pretty calm. Until now. Explosions rip through the three ships - the far destroyer erupts in a volcano of fire into the sky, through its' belly. The bridge in front of the Talons does the same, erupts in a white flash.
[20:18] <@Roland> ::rolls in on the bridge immediately following the sharp bang and flash of the detonating grenades, carbine up::
[20:18] <@Delgado> No kidding. At this rate, the only thing that'll be left of your origional body will be your head. I told you all those subs were nothing but death traps.
[20:19] <@Gabriel> ::follows Roland in, swapping sidearm for his heavy rifle::
01[20:19] <@Savant> The Autodiver- a monstrous crab-looking machine with spindly legs folded beneath itself and huge pincers, crawls aboard Aristophanes and begins merrily taking apart the inspection crews
[20:19] <@Marshall> ::right behind Roland walking fire with the shotgun across anything that moves::
[20:19] <@Caelin> ::shields his eyes briefly while the grenades go off before moving up into the bridge with rifle forward::
01[20:20] <@Savant> The bridge is a broad room with windows in a 180 degree ring about the walls, desks and consoles equally distributed. Trideo images float in the air, providing yellow-lit backdrop of the sea battle to those people within. There are five of the Aristophane's staff here, and about an equal number of Republican officers with their three Mordred bodyguards. Those don't seem happy to see you, though they're reeling with pain and shock from the flash-bangs
[20:20] <@Birkin> ::stashes away his detonator and brings his rifle up moving in behind Marshall help pick off the GREL and Steelgate officers::
[20:21] <@Caelin> ::through the speakers of his armiger:: everyone down, Now!
01[20:21] <@Savant> from the flash-bangs
[20:21] <@Gabriel> ::picks the closest Mordred and double-taps him::
[20:22] <@Detro> ::mutter:: It's not the subs, it's the stuff shooting at us. Not much different.
[20:22] <@Roland> ::immediately draws beads on the Mordreds -- he pops off a single round into the nearest's head before flicking the firing selector on the carbine and rat-a-tat-tatting the other two::
[20:22] <@Mel> ::after clearing the deck, the crab shuffles off to the other side, clicking a claw as it drops back into the water::
[20:23] <@Birkin> ::draws a bead on one of the GREL that the others have fired upon that isn't dead yet and puts another round on it::
[20:24] <@Gabriel> ::as he shoots, almost conversationally:: One Steelgate prisoner, please. That one, the one with the white sidearm.
[20:25] <@Detro> ::leans his head back:: Just as well I suppose. That I never got addicted to Birkin's rotgut, if my liver's shot.
[20:25] <@Marshall> ::finds a target in the Steelgate Officer Corps and fires, pumping the shotgun and firing again::
[20:26] <@Caelin> ::pumps a rifle shot into one of the mordreds fumbling for a weapon as he repeats his order::i said down!
01[20:26] <@Savant> The Talons burst in all at once, pouring in like a black tide. The Mordred go down like dogs under a hail of shells - Caelin actually pops one's skull like a cherry bomb going off, coating the walls with brain and blood. The Republican officers are equally chastized. One is dead, one more wailing on the ground. The last is calmly turning to face the interlopers, a stern look on his broad face.
[20:26] <@Roland> ::as the GREL and Steelgate officers go down, he lets the carbine fall to his side via the sling and draws his silenced pistol -- he immediately moves towards the freighter crew and begins systematically hauling them up, grasping their chins and peering rather unnervingly and intently at their...eyes::
[20:27] <@Gabriel> ::steps in and reverses his rifle, slamming the butt of it across the officer's face::
[20:27] <@Detro> ::a beat:: How is it going up there? They got the ship yet?
[20:27] <@Caelin> ::to roland:: the fenians will not be harmed
01[20:28] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::He is a broad-shouldered man in a blue uniform that looks as if it would be best suited on dress parade. In the Southern Republic, or some ancient napoleonic battlefield. He is holding a crushed hat in one hand and - the pistol in his other hand falls from his grip as he gets a rifle butt across the face. HE staggers backwards::
[20:28] <@Marshall> ::kicks the pistol away::
[20:28] <@Gabriel> ::reverses the rifle again, pointing it at the man:: On your knees, cross your ankles, hands behind your back.
[20:29] <@Birkin> ::turns around towards the open door, his rifle at the ready as he prepares for anything coming at them from behind::
[20:29] <@Mel> ::the crab slips underneath the hull of the frigate and begins to check the hull for a weak spot::
01[20:29] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::His jaw tightens but he does as he is asked, a nasty bruise starting to rise on his cheek:: Feritus miaglia.
[20:30] <@Gabriel> ::pulls a pair of plastic handcuffs out of a watertight pouch and hands them to Marshall with one hand, keeping his rifle on the man with the other::
[20:30] <@Detro> ::turns his head to look at Delgado expectantly::
[20:31] <@Marshall> ::cuffs one of the man's hands, then swings that arm into a goose neck lock before cuffing the other one::
[20:31] <@Birkin> +subvoc+ Any idea what he's saying Caelin?
[20:32] <@Gabriel> ::nods, taking a step back:: [AS] And find out where the rest of the crew is. ::continues to cover the man::
[20:32] <@Birkin> ::takes a glance outside briefly to see his handiwork on the Destroyer if shes still afloat or not::
01[20:32] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::peers into the medical bay:: Are you okay in here?
01[20:33] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::peers at Birkin quizzically, his brow knotting::
[20:34] <@Roland> ::frowns to himself as he checks the last Fenian on the bridge, and backs off, mumbling something to himself::
[20:34] <@Roland> ::glances at the Officer:: [Siberian] Do you speak the earther tongue?
[20:34] <@Mel> ::the crab saddles up close to a seam in the hull and begins to cut with claw and laser::
[20:34] <@Detro> Depends on your definition of "OK"... if it includes bein' gutshot...
01[20:35] <@Savant> There's activity on the open water. A few drones splash into the ocean from the close freighter - liekly to see what's up beneath their hull. And a whole LOT of air begins gushing from the rear deck of that troubled destroyer....
01[20:36] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Stays at the door, resting her cheke and hand against the door frame; she smiles:: OH, thank Ezrach. You're okay.
[20:36] <@Detro> ::really starts to feel the meds now:: 's th' work upstairs goin?
[20:37] <@Roland> ::glances out the bridge windows:: We ought to get out of view.
[20:37] <@Mel> ::pauses briefly in its cutting to fire a blast at a couple of incoming drones::
01[20:37] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::spits out some blood:: [Siberian] Filthy terran traitors. Even dirtier than your NEC viceroys.
[20:37] <@Caelin> ::spouts off some agenspreac curse for not knowing steelgate's languages, instead...::secure the prisoners, someone come help me search the hold
01[20:38] <@Savant> The autodivers converge in on the lone Trojan drone, but the thing has half sunk itself into the hole it's cut into the heavy Steelgate hull. IT shoots fomr its' pocket, blasting through its closest interloper.
[20:38] <@Roland> ::pauses --- 'terran traitors'?::
[20:38] <@Gabriel> ::gives Caelin a quizzical look, and says very quietly:: [AS] The point to letting one live is so that he can tell us where the rest of the crew is. And if he can't, presumably they -- ::indicates this block of the crew:: --can. Ask them, please.
[20:38] <@Gabriel> ::turns his attention back to the prisoner::
01[20:39] <@Savant> 5Man> Fenian> ::Looks up at the Armiger and nods, holding closed a wound on his arm:: [AS] Come with me!
[20:39] <@Birkin> ::catches the fact that the officer can read lips:: He can read lip too.
[20:39] <@Marshall> [AS] Are we going to try and reapir this ship, cap, or are we going to scuttle her?
[20:39] <@Caelin> ::indicates to the fenian to lead the way::
[20:41] <@Mel> ::alternates between cutting and dealing with incoming drones, trying to make its way inside of the frigate from the bottom...meanwhile Mel works frantically at the controls, trying to will the drone into that frigate::
[20:41] <@Gabriel> ::doesn't answer Marshall, content for the moment with his play-acting of following Roland's lead::
[20:41] <@Caelin> ::to the fenian:: [AS]are there anymore republicans or grel, other than the 8 that were here and 9 on the deck? and where are the rest of the crew?
01[20:42] <@Savant> Caelin and the crewman rush down the flights of stairs to the hold, which is poorly lit under swinging and bare lamps. There is a mess of long rectangular cargo crates here with thin corridors between them.
[20:42] <@Birkin> ::smirks at the officers comment about how they are Terran traitors::
[20:42] <@Roland> [S] Where have you stored the rest of the crew, and who amongst them is the one working for you?
[20:42] <@Mel> ::the crab pulls itself inside of the frigate and looks around, the shifting movement of the body rather comical::
01[20:43] <@Savant> 5Man> Fenian> [AS] There's just the five of us on board - they killed Asiglio and Jani and Welsini. You're looking for Edrino. He's down here.
[20:43] <@Mel> ::Mel smirks at the screen dispaly:: +com+ I've got a crab inside the hull of the frigate
01[20:44] <@Savant> The Trojan Autodiver bursts through the double-hull of the frigate, pushing its way into the hold, which is quickly filling with water. Long-legged and slippery Republican divers start to scramble in after it.
01[20:44] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Enters the medical bay and pats Detro's hand lightly, speaking in a soft tone:: It's going just fine, don't worry about it. Just get some rest.
[20:45] <@Caelin> ::just nods as he follows into the hold, his rifle still readied in case there's anymore suprises::
03[20:45] * Kt (~Kt@ip72-213-197-27.pn.at.cox.net) has joined #BT05
01[20:46] <@Savant> Caelin and his guide enter the mazelike hold; he turns a corner - to see the shivering, smoky shape of an Armiger in high stealth, and a very real gun pointed at him, just like his own.
[20:46] <@Mel> ::the crab hops a little, spinning and firing at the intruders into its new home::
01[20:47] <@Savant> Water gushes into the ruptured Republican hold, half full now. The waters are filled with two very angry looking metal jellyfish which are trying to wrap their slippery tentacles around Mel's Autodiver.
[20:48] <@Marshall> ::looks out the bridge window to see the frigate quickly lowering in the water and points this out to anyone who will look::
[20:48] <@Mel> ::fires at the drones and then at everything and anything else in the hold, using its other claw to fend off the tentacles::
[20:48] <@Detro> ::frowns:: Rest. Again. ::sighs::
01[20:48] <@Savant> A warning whoot begins to howl from the frigate as it starts to list to one side. It's not going to sink- the sealing bulkheads will ensure that - but it's not looking too good.
[20:49] <@Caelin> ::stops and gives some hand gestures to the armiger, very specific gestures::
01[20:50] <@Savant> Meanwhile, a hovertank whooshes to life from the back of the listing Destroyer, quickly skirling around the battlefield.
[20:50] <@Birkin> Tank on the field.
01[20:51] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Smirks - a kind gesture, though:: You're lucky to get all the sack time.
[20:51] <@Roland> Time to get off the bridge.
[20:51] <@Mel> ::the crab dances away from the Republican drones::
[20:52] <@Birkin> I'm inclinded to agree. ::looks to the Captain::
01[20:52] <@Savant> The trapped Autodiver shears through the tentacles, at one point snapping one of its adversaries clean in half. It's claws hum as it faces the last - though another scuttles into the hold. The hold is no longer filling with water, about half full.
[20:53] <@Marshall> ::handcuffs the prisoner's ankles, also and lifts him::
01[20:53] <@Savant> Caelin finds the rifle in his face and his adversary bearing forwards aggressively, but then stopping all of a sudden, pulling his weapon down
[20:54] <@Detro> Sentenced to barely live you mean. ::frowns:: I shoulda died back on that space station, with the rest of '09. Better than hobbling through this war half alive.
[20:54] <@Roland> ::nods out the window:: If we can deal with that Hovertank, I don't think either of those two ships will be able to come after the ship if we can get her moving.
[20:55] <@Marshall> I can get her moving.
[20:55] <@Birkin> Lets move. ::motions for Roland to take point as they move into a less open area of the ship, taking the rear himself with he and MArshall watching the prisoner::
[20:55] <@Mel> ::faces off against the drone backing away slowly::
[20:55] <@Caelin> ::lowers his a well and motions back the way he came::
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2Eadric Osbearn> +subcom+ [AS] Thank heofon.
[20:55] <@Roland> ::nods and moves to return down the stairwell the way they came where they won't be as exposed::
[20:55] <@Marshall> ::grabs the prisoner under the armpit and drags him, holding the shotgun with one hand::
01[20:56] <@Savant> The Talons, meanwhile, abandon the bridge for a less dangerous position, the space by the portside door that they entered in. The crew follow, eager to be away from the hovertank, and the gore on the bridge.
[20:56] <@Birkin> ::follows with the Captain guarding the prisoner, himself moving back to the rear of the talon line, hidden from the outside::
01[20:57] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::doesn't struggle against the TAlons, but he doesn't co-operate either. He's a dead weight, a very heavy dead weight.
[20:57] <@Gabriel> ::takes up rear guard after double-checking the bodies on the bridge::
[20:57] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit to himself, he's almost enjoying this now, he stays silent for the moment though as he makes his way back::
[20:58] <@Mel> ::fires a shot at the drone, moving closer to the ammo storage::
01[20:58] <@Savant> The Talons and Caelin meet up in the passage just outside of the hatch leading to the deck. There is a second Armiger with him now.
[20:59] <@Roland> ::glances between the two Armigers, and looks at the new one:: I don't suppose you've got an anti-tank missile smuggled on here somewhere, do you?
01[20:59] <@Savant> 5Officer> [Siberian] I don't know. I wasn't part of that.
[20:59] <@Marshall> These may come in handy. Here. ::tosses the satchel with the limpet mines to Caelin::
01[21:00] <@Savant> 2Eadric Osbearn> ::Holds up a slim tube that was previously affixed to his side::
01[21:01] <@Savant> Melissa's Autodiver pulls itself between two large rows of cyllinders, each one wired together in sequence. It has a pair of angry tentacled metal monsters chasing it down.
[21:01] <@Roland> ::thumbs over his shoulder:: Our friendly neighbourhood warships are both going to be stuck for a while -- if we can get this thing moving, we should be okay. Except for the hovertank that might start putting holes in our hull shortly.
[21:01] <@Gabriel> ::to the officer, nudging him in the back with his rifle:: [S] How many patrols, and how big are they?
[21:01] <@Caelin> ::takes the mines and looks at marshall oddly::
01[21:02] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::gently:: You don't mean that; you've just been through hell today. What would Kellerton think about that?
01[21:03] <@Savant> 5Officer> Second Lancer Miletos, Third Olympian Guard. Two one five, seven four six.
[21:03] <@Mel> ::the crab raises its claws angrily, giving the drones the equivalent of the finger, then begins to shake as if chuckling...back on the sub, Melissa waves to the screen and sends the self destruct signal to the crab::
[21:04] <@Detro> She'd still be back among her own people. Pro'ly happier there.
[21:04] <@Birkin> Maybe he'll stop being so stupid if he realizes who he's actually with if I tell him mine.
01[21:04] <@Savant> 2Eadric Osbearn> ::nods and promptly goes nearly-invisible again. The hatch out to the deck opens and closes as the Armiger slinks into the dawn::
[21:04] <@Roland> ::idly smacks the officer accros the back of the head with an open palm::
01[21:05] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::grunts, but says nothing::
[21:05] <@Marshall> That broken tooth looks like it's hurting ya. Let me help. ::grips the tooth with a pair of pliers from his bag and yanks it out::
01[21:06] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Oh, don't. ::she kisses Detro lightly on the forehead:: Just get some rest, huh? You'll feel a lot better when we're back in Troy, I promise.
[21:06] <@Detro> ::Accepts the kiss, but says nothing... his eyes have that far-away look of the heavily medicated::
[21:07] <@Roland> I think those pliers would be better served fixing the fucking boat first, yes?
[21:07] <@Marshall> We gotta get there, first.
01[21:07] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::He grunts again, but remarkably, doesn't cry out. Blood dribbles down his lip::
[21:08] <@Roland> ::points at one of the crewmembers:: Well maybe ask one of them, where we're going, yes? Fuck.
[21:08] <@Gabriel> ::nods agreement:: [AS] We'll just use him as a human shield against the first patrol. There's probably more than a [Anglic] Second Lancer [AS] among them.
[21:09] <@Roland> ::shrugs:: Trojan SeaCrab of horrific death cleared the deck, last I saw.
01[21:09] <@Savant> There is a minor explosion in the Frigate. Followed by a loud WHUMP as the huge capacitor banks crack open, and the centre of the hull buckles. The wailing alarms ont he ship are joined by a second, louder screeching alarm.
[21:09] <@Caelin> ::sighs a bit but seeing as eadric's out of earshot now::this way to the engine room
[21:09] <@Roland> But yeah, let's go kill some more fucking GREL. ::starts following Caelin::
[21:09] <@Birkin> The Fuck is a lancer anyway. You see any horses or big wooden sticks around here?
[21:10] <@Marshall> Oup. There she goes. ::looks at the pretty sight of the frigate nearly cracking in half::
01[21:10] <@Savant> 5Officer> ::Frowns at the strange invaders, but says nothing. He's remarkably stoic about this incarceration::
01[21:11] <@Savant> One of hte Fenians leads the more mechanically inclined Talons to the engine room. It appears that they've simply had some horrible luck out here, the engine has black marks across a broad swathe of the metal.
[21:11] <@Mel> ::leans back in her chair and smirks at the readouts she is getting:: +com+ I am sad to report the loss of my last crab drone...
[21:11] <@Marshall> ::looks around:: Okay... ::looks in his bag:: Okay.
[21:12] <@Gabriel> ::decides after seeing that look that the officer will not be going home, and decides to drop the act:: Marshall, head down and see what you can do to get us under way. Caelin, I assume a Second Lancer is not much use in an interrogation?
01[21:12] <@Savant> Meanwhile, on the deck, a missile streaks out of nowhere, slamming into the side of the hovertank that's skirting around angrily. The vehicle, caught entirely unawares, takes the blast in its main intake. It begins to pinwheel.
01[21:14] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Ducks Detro in, checks over the vitals on the screen above his head::
[21:14] <@Caelin> ::thinks a moment:: it would be more than a lieutenant but not quite captain, still considered respectable to the republicans i believe
[21:15] <@Gabriel> Would he have information of use to Troy?
[21:15] <@Marshall> Aaaaaaannnnnndd. ::flips a switch, turns a nob, pushes a button and restarts the engines on the Fenian freighter::
[21:15] <@Marshall> Viola.
01[21:15] <@Savant> It's not exactly quite as simple as all that, but it won't take too long before Marshall's got the engines going again Wink
05[21:16] <@Marshall> <<Wink>>
[21:16] <@Caelin> ::nods::the sophists would certainly try to find out
[21:17] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Fine. ::removes his other pair of handcuffs and tosses them to Roland:: Ankles. Then throw him in a storage room somewhere. Make sure he's not going to wake up for a few hours first.
[21:17] <@Gabriel> ::points to one of the Fenians:: [AS] You. Green tunic. Got a small lockable storage room on this tub?
[21:17] <@Birkin> ::pats the prisoner on the shoulder:: [UF] From one Republican to another my friend. You are quite fucked.
05[21:18] <@Roland> ::catches them out of the air and promptly locks up the man's legs, then rises and brings his lips to the guy's ears:: <w> Oh, by the way, we're not Terrans. We're Terra Novans. ::pistol WHIP::
01[21:18] <@Savant> 5Woman> ::Has a hard time iwth her Agenspraec, she replies in accented anglic instead:: Of course, lots.
[21:18] <@Mel> Where's a bottle of brandy when needed? One should always have a good drink after single-handedly sinking the enemy's battleship
01[21:18] <@Savant> The Second Lancer has a brief look of shock on his face before Roland puts his lights out.
[21:18] <@Caelin> ::looks around::now where did that boy run off to?
01[21:18] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:19] <@Savant> perfect ending. I thought that went very well. What do you think?
[21:19] <@Caelin> just yummy
[21:19] <@Roland> We are good at blowing stuff up.
[21:19] <@Gabriel> Quite enjoyable. Be good if people stopped advertising we're not locals, but other than that, quite enjoyable. Wink
01[21:19] <@Savant> heh heh
[21:19] <@Roland> ::adds naval silhouettes to the killboard::
[21:20] <@Birkin> Do I get kill credit for that destroyer?
[21:20] <@Gabriel> ::makes a note to let General Eyebrow know that False Tooth Boy shouldn't go home any time EVER::
01[21:20] <@Savant> Birkin gets the destroyer, Mel gets the frigate.
01[21:20] <@Savant> And don't worry. The Trojans will interrogate him, and then surgically disassemble his brain to get any information they might have missed from the interrogation.
[21:20] <@Marshall> lol
[21:20] <@Gabriel> ::nods::
[21:20] <@Roland> I would like to point out that I am now headshotting Morganas. Wink
01[21:21] <@Savant> high fives Roland.
[21:21] <@Mel> Mel has gotten scarier since her upgrade
[21:21] <@Marshall> I tried, but I dont have FIVE FUCKING SKILL =P
[21:21] <@Caelin> it's the only way roland:P
01[21:21] <@Savant> My favourite NPC is Morgana One. The one who punched Marshall in the face even when her face was blown up.
[21:21] <@Birkin> Bah. It would have been a lot more boring had we not been dropping hints of who we are. If there was any chance that this guy was gonna get away I would have shot him in the skull
[21:21] <@Roland> You'd think he would have learnt not to rush into things after, oh, I dunno, LAST WEEK. Wink
[21:22] <@Gabriel> LOL
01[21:22] <@Savant> Smile
[21:22] <@Marshall> Yeah. Point.
01[21:22] <@Savant> Okay, expees anyone?
[21:22] <@Gabriel> Would have been funny to have had him on the bed next to Detro, though.
05[21:22] <@Gabriel> Roland> It's a trap. Get an axe.
[21:22] <@Gabriel> And yeah, XPs would be good.
[21:22] <@Caelin> yepyep
[21:23] <@Roland> He's going to end up the bed regardless, once those stims wear off. Wink
01[21:23] <@Savant> one is for teamwork. Tell me about teamwork.
01[21:23] <@Savant> yeah, he's going to be feeling AWFUL in a few hours.
[21:23] <@Marshall> I MAPed the Morganas and Roland blew their headses off.
[21:24] <@Marshall> And as for the bridge we effing wasted those guys.
[21:24] <@Detro> Detro followed orders and gave the CEF drone operators a good laugh. Oh, wait, you m eant for OUR side...
[21:24] <@Caelin> we wasted a frigate and destroyer
01[21:24] <@Savant> actually, that Auto was just using its own programming Smile
[21:25] <@Birkin> That destroyer kill was awesome. I want to do more recreations of the USS Arizona on Steelgate and CEF ships
01[21:25] <@Savant> anything more for teamwork?
[21:25] <@Birkin> Mel came up in good fashion to handle the GREL outside
[21:25] <@Birkin> just as we made noise inside
[21:25] <@Gabriel> Gabriel + Marshall + Roland = engine of destruction in dismounted combat, but adding Caelin raises it to the level of the sublime.
01[21:26] <@Savant> yeah, you guys didn't even get slowed down by the GREL on the bridge.
01[21:26] <@Savant> didn't evne notice them, really.
[21:26] <@Roland> Flashbang ho
01[21:26] <@Savant> okay. that's one. Two is for story. Tell me story.
[21:26] <@Gabriel> The 9+10+11+16 stealth rolls were amusing, too. Wink
01[21:26] <@Savant> yes Wink
[21:26] <@Roland> It's easy to shoot people when their eardrums have ruptured and their brain is rattling around in their head. Wink
[21:26] <@Gabriel> When a 9 is your lowest team Stealth roll, I guess you're doing OK.
[21:27] <@Caelin> ::smirks::
[21:27] <@Birkin> There are Terran's who rebel against the NEC. Enough so that these Steelgaters know about them
01[21:27] <@Savant> very good point. I'm glad you guys caught that.
[21:27] <@Gabriel> Even the grunt Steelgate officers are too damned smart. I'm going to hope this one is an anomaly.
[21:27] <@Gabriel> If he's representative, we could have some problems ahead.
[21:28] <@Caelin> sounded like he though all terrans smelled bad
01[21:28] <@Savant> ask about the Steelgate officer's requirements sometimes. They actually talk about that int he book.
[21:28] <@Gabriel> Sounded like he knew way too much for his paygrade.
01[21:28] <@Savant> ghu, brb. keep talking.
[21:29] <@Gabriel> Also, it seems the CEF is no better at naval combat here than they are on Atlantis. Whatever good naval toys they have are clearly going there, not here, which is very good news.
[21:29] <@Caelin> my guess is steelgate officers are a step above CEF officers in terms of training and experience
[21:29] <@Detro> Utopian autodocs resemble the Cybermen conversion units from recent Doctor Who series.
[21:30] <@Birkin> CEF Officers are insane
[21:30] <@Roland> SPAAAACE CRAAAAABs can also be SEAAAAA CRAAAAABs
[21:30] <@Birkin> I really hope you're wrong
[21:30] <@Birkin> CEF officers have to go through all of the enlisted ranks
[21:30] <@Mel> hehe...I like the drones
01[21:30] <@Savant> The Armburge tests are not easy
01[21:30] <@Savant> anyways, that's two! Two points! wah-ah-ah-ah.
01[21:31] <@Savant> three for a fight. Good fighting, yo. Hooray for not dying.
[21:31] <@Birkin> Marshall got punched in the face
[21:31] <@Birkin> that rocked
01[21:31] <@Savant> I will give you four points if you tell me how much you liked this naval thing, whether you'd like to do it agian, what you liked and didn't like, etc.
[21:31] <@Caelin> Caelin blew a mordred's head up like a watermellon
[21:32] <@Mel> i actually liked it...was nice to get away from ground and space and into something different.
[21:32] <@Roland> Last week was a disaster. This week was a triumph. We need to find a happy medium. Wink
01[21:32] <@Savant> Smile
[21:33] <@Birkin> It was a pain in the ass and definately out of our comfort zone. I think we should work more on our water tactics and skills, before we try another game, but we should definately play more in the water
[21:33] <@Marshall> I liked it. I think the best part was setting up explosives on the ships. That was cool. The part I didn't like was getting up here.
[21:33] <@Caelin> this whole navy seal thing was fun, but if we ever plan on doing something like this again, the talons need to learn how to swim:P
01[21:33] <@Savant> do you guys want to do it again?
01[21:33] <@Savant> I am glad it was out of your comfort zone. That was the idea.
[21:33] <@Mel> i'd like to
[21:33] <@Marshall> Yes, but not with all these damned smart autos in the water =P
[21:33] <@Caelin> and heck caelin will suggest that to tynes IC as well:)
[21:33] <@Birkin> You were in a sub controlling drones Razz
01[21:34] <@Savant> Caelin will get all of you some water wings and paddle boards so that you cna go intot he kiddie pool.
[21:34] <@Mel> i'd be willing to give being out of the sub thing
01[21:34] <@Savant> anyone else? Jester? Detro?
[21:34] <@Detro> No comment.
01[21:34] <@Savant> Fair enough.
[21:35] <@Gabriel> It was enjoyable. In its way, reminded me of the space sims from the second sortie to Caprice.
[21:35] <@Marshall> Tynes, Marshall, and Roland, and obviously Caelin, can swim already.
[21:35] <@Marshall> So that's about half of us.
[21:35] <@Gabriel> Same kind of mix of "I'm good at this but I suck at that."
01[21:35] <@Savant> Me too. Invading little space stations.
01[21:36] <@Savant> that's four points. Next week we will be back at Troy, preparing for the big war. Her it coooommmmeeeeeeessssss!
01[21:36] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01[18:30] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Attention --------=-
03[18:30] * Savant sets mode: +m
03[18:30] * Savant changes topic to '-=- Priam's Gambit -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2030 EST. Priam's Gambit in Session'
[18:30] <@Caelin> ::Attn::
[18:30] <@Mel> ::attn::
[18:30] <@Detro> :attn:
[18:30] <@Delgado> ::attness::
[18:30] <@Gabriel> ::attn::
01[18:31] <@Savant> Good evening, and welcome to yet another episode of the Black Talons! I am yet again your host.
01[18:31] <@Savant> before I brief you, i have a question. how far are we skipping ahead? Are there things you need to take care of, and if so, what are they?
[18:32] <@Detro> You got my request to talk to Mister Social Engineer and get some tips and advice for countering CEF propoganda being used on the Liberati spacer youth.
06[18:32] * @Savant nods
[18:32] <@Detro> Dunno if anyone else wants in on that or would prefer it to be played out
[18:33] <@Caelin> how far was the skip between last game that the little aftersim you guys did?
01[18:33] <@Savant> I am proposing that we advance the game by about three weeks. That will help some people out and move things along. I want to know if that screws with anyone's plans or if they have goals to achieve in that time.
01[18:33] <@Savant> that time skip was one day.
[18:33] <@Mel> i'm cool with that
[18:33] <@Gabriel> Nope, I think that's appropriate, actually. However, it does beg the question about the Council's decisions.
01[18:33] <@Savant> I am perfectly fine with skipping forward one day, or three weeks, or anywhere in between.
[18:33] <@Caelin> ahh so caelin and his son would had their official reunion by now
06[18:33] * @Savant nods
01[18:34] <@Savant> the Council is unwilling to release that technology to you right now. Their reasoning is that it will do you no good until you leave, anyways, so they'll hold onto that for awhile thank you very much Wink
[18:35] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Sorry, should have been more specific.
[18:35] <@Gabriel> I'm curious about their decision about an honorary rank for Gabriel in their military.
03[18:35] * Fraser (~nutterbal@CPE001839bd1335-CM001692fade4c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #bt05
03[18:35] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
03[18:35] * Fraser is now known as Roland
[18:36] <@Caelin> still caelin will suggest the talons get more training to get used to utopian terrains, i would imagine we could skip past any of that as it'd probably be more or less the same as the demonstration run
01[18:36] <@Savant> oh! They have come to the agreement that you have all passed the Amburge tests, so you may now all call yourselves Armigers.
01[18:36] <@Savant> if you so choose, of course.
[18:37] <@Roland> Arrrrrrrrmigers.
[18:37] <@Detro> Aheh. I'll leave that title for those who actually pilot the mini-mechas
01[18:37] <@Savant> as their captain, Gabriel, you technically have a higher rank, but it isn't a named rank - if you want you can call yourself an Armiger Captain, but it's sort of an outmoded rank. They don't have ranks per-se, so much as they have roles.
01[18:37] <@Savant> you now fit in their military, though, and you *do* have more experience than Scildfreja does.
01[18:38] <@Savant> so i guess you oculd boss her around. don't try that with Caelin though. Eadric, perhaps Wink
01[18:38] <@Savant> certainly, even.
[18:38] <@Roland> So when do we get the black armor? Wink
01[18:38] <@Savant> a little bit of it today, in fact.
[18:38] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: The whole point to this is so that Gabriel doesn't have to say "please" every time he asks Scild or Caelin to do something. Wink
[18:38] <@Delgado> ::keeps her kick-ass title of 'Esclepa'::
[18:39] <@Detro> ::keeps his not-so-fun title of "Pin Cushion"::
[18:39] <@Birkin> "One who hates water" ??
01[18:39] <@Savant> you do not outrank Caelin. And Delgado, you could call yourself Armburge Esclepa, which is sort of the holy grail of respect.
[18:39] <@Delgado> Ooooh.
01[18:39] <@Savant> anyways, three weeks? We can go over what you've done over that time in aftersims or in short form, if you'd like.
[18:40] <@Gabriel> Three weeks.
01[18:40] <@Savant> excellent. It's a long briefing. Not at all brief.
01[18:40] <@Savant> let me unbrief you.
01[18:40] <@Savant> Priam's Gambit, Part Two
01[18:40] <@Savant> Early Morning of 5 Helanus, 462 UC (41AUT46)
01[18:40] <@Savant> Bittern Pass, North of Genethon, Central Sumer
01[18:40] <@Savant> 5 degrees C, slight breeze, clear skies. Moderate radiation levels.
01[18:40] <@Savant> Sing! O ye muses! Sing of those later days / when skies boiled black and green, and fires burned / upon the stage of Deep Cities buried! / and rockets flew where eagles soared above / as Autos churned the earth to mud and ash. / No Hymenopteran to be found here. / Unending war.
01[18:40] <@Savant> To the skies we search for hope. / And with thunder drop the Talons, new gods; / new thoughts, new hopes, new ways of war with them. / Desert nomads in a new oasis, / bringing steel and fire to their ancient foes. / Now is not the time for peace, but struggle. / Struggle, o you Trojans!
01[18:40] <@Savant> Never relieved / nor given fair reprieve for earnest toil. / No quarter left to give, nor wish it you. / Gather as stormclouds do about their flanks; / surround their swelling ranks, pierce them clear through, / scatter them, sunder them; make them fear a Trojan's wrath. / New heavens rise with the atomic flash / and though we strive to break the sword we wield / what others strive to take, we refuse to yield.
01[18:41] <@Savant> Your return to Troy was busy but calm - the cargo ship managed to get well enough away from the combat scene before it was gutted and its precious goods ferried silently to the city. It took most of a full day to do, leaving you wet and exhausted upon your return. The work was not over even then, at least for some. Caelin was busiest, what with a rescued son to catch up with and a new wife waiting for him, but all of you had debriefing or surgery to attend.
01[18:41] <@Savant> The next week was almost festive in its industry. The city was going to war and it felt like a celebration - especially with the triumphant return of the raiding party and its precious cargo. Preparations were made, and while you still did not entirely lose the feeling of being treated as outsiders - a lifetime of cultural differences ensure it - the Trojans have dropped their aloof pretenses. Those of you who recall the War of the Alliance find it a welcome feeling of camaraderie.
01[18:41] <@Savant> You left Troy with little fanfare, in one of the leading parties; Caelin and Scildfreja both accompanying you and in turn accompanied with their Autoguard - two hundred machines fanned out across well over five square kilometers. Three Platoon-Ambitheras, two dozen Slecas, twenty Waeps, ten Scyteras - all silent and at times practically invisible. You barely noticed the host that surrounded you in your transit, and you travelled quickly.
01[18:41] <@Savant> To this place, this rugged mountainside. You were some of the latter to arrive, and so you half expected to see a field of machines, garages, and the accoutrements that follow a Terranovan army. Unsurprisingly this was not the case - the place looked pristine. Heavily camouflaged living quarters were inobtrusive, given the small number of people they have to protect. Ambithera, themselves protected and hidden, were the nexus points for maintenance and power.
01[18:41] <@Savant> This is the place you have come to - the dusty hills of the PLACE NAME HERE, where the Trojan army will make its first decisive strike against the combined might of the Steelgate and Terran Alliance. The sun rises upon the mountain pass leading to the enemy. One day soon they will come along with it.
01[18:41] <@Savant> (( had debriefing or surgery to attend.))
01[18:41] <@Savant> ((HA HA HA i'm awesome. Abasathon.))
01[18:42] <@Savant> ((War of the Alliance find it a welcome feeling of camaraderie.))
[18:42] <@Roland> So...many...cut-off....lines
01[18:42] <@Savant> TYPE YE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
[18:43] <@Roland> ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...miger
[18:43] <@Birkin> ack
01[18:43] <@Savant> ((nexus points for maintenance and power.))
[18:43] <@Detro> ack
[18:43] <@Gabriel> ack
[18:43] <@Caelin> ack
[18:43] <@Delgado> aaaaaaaack
01[18:43] <@Savant> sorry for the over-runs. It looked smaller when I typed it at work, honest.
01[18:43] <@Savant> and I'm ready for questions
[18:43] <@Mel> ack
[18:44] <@Detro> ::raises::
[18:44] <@Detro> What's the result of that roll? Smile
01[18:44] <@Savant> Detro. Look and ye shall find.
[18:45] <@Detro> Well, I see a number, but what does it mean?
01[18:45] <@Savant> it means that you are not dead.
[18:46] <@Caelin> you're still recovering
01[18:46] <@Savant> any other questions?
[18:46] <@Delgado> You're still 'mostly dead'.
01[18:46] <@Savant> seems like no. Let's get this praty started!
01[18:46] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Game Start --------=-
01[18:47] <@Savant> These hills are a watershed; there is a spring-fed stream running between them. There are enough of these streams that the basin of the valley holds a river - not enough to stop a Gear, but deep enough to go swimming in if you wished. Not that you would wish. Watersheds on Utopia are irradiated with runoff, and those areas closest to the river are strangely the most absent of large life. Only grasses grow there, tough and yellowy blades that wilt not long after shedding their seeds.
01[18:47] <@Savant> The rest of the mountainside has fared better - hardwooded tamarack trees claw at the rocks upon the treeline, slowly giving way to long-needled pine further down. The cover here is good, though not as good as the lush forests of the Mekong. Still, the undergrowth seems mostly healthy, as it is rain-fed and that seems to be a lot cleaner than the spring water closer to the river. In places it almost feels like being nestled in the northern peaks of your home planet.
01[18:47] <@Savant> ((Only grasses grow there, tough and yellowy blades that wilt not long after shedding their seeds.))
01[18:47] <@Savant> (( In places it almost feels like being nestled in the northern peaks of your home planet.))
[18:49] <@Gabriel> ::is currently dismounted, examining the bivouac locations for the Utopian troops::
[18:49] <@Detro> ::still in Uchiwa's cockpit, trying to ignore the twinges from his still-healing wounds::
[18:49] <@Birkin> ::currently running a low level systems check on his gear to make sure everything is in top shape::
[18:50] <@Mel> ::sits on the turret of Bonaparte, looking around at the scenery::
[18:50] <@Roland> ::inspects the upper leaves of the tree canopy, standing on Erinyes' shoulder::
01[18:50] <@Savant> The Utopians are scattered in small groups amongst the trees, well hidden from even the most prying eyes. Their tents are shells of dense fabric, charcoal grey, that adsorb the sunlight and use that power to subtly shift the colours of the tent to match their surrounds.
01[18:51] <@Savant> Pickets rest uneasily upon the ridgelines; Scyteras waiting to shoot down attacks and Waeps ready to lend immediate assistance. Larger machines are further back - Auto-somethings, somethings that the Trojans speak of with a mixture of anticipation and dread. They are nearly the size of a Platoon Ambithera and are well armed - with a single weapon. It bears this massive cannon upon its back like a beetle with a pendulous thorax.
01[18:51] <@Savant> Pre-emptive (( with a single weapon. It bears this massive cannon upon its back like a beetle with a pendulous thorax.))
[18:51] <@Gabriel> ::continues inspecting this and that, making his way toward the command tent::
[18:53] <@Roland> ::frowns slightly:: Fauna's getting worse the deeper we get into the valley. Rads going up?
05[18:53] <@Roland> <<er, Flora>>
[18:53] <@Birkin> Those flying drones look rather unpleasent. I wonder if New Troy has any Bouncing Bettys we could use.
[18:54] <@Detro> ::finally dismounts from Uchiwa, taking care in getting down to ground level::
[18:56] <@Gabriel> ::glances at the radiation counter on the OMATS BDU as he approaches the tent::
[18:56] <@Mel> ::slides off the turret and onto back of the tank, giving the armor plating a quick once before glancing at the gieger counter::
01[18:56] <@Savant> The Command Tent is nestled amongst the rocks near the treeline in behind the ridge. It is made of the same fabric as the bivouacs, making it hard to spot until one gets close. The tamarack trees do almost as good a job at hiding it from view.
[18:57] <@Birkin> ::hears Roland's comment and checks his gieger counter to see what the deal was::
[18:57] <@Delgado> ::like a mother hen she's not far from Detro, her mediglove looking permenately attached to her arm::
[18:58] <@Gabriel> ::seeing no obvious guards, enters the tent::
[18:59] <@Detro> ::glances at Delgado as she approaches:: Uh, I'm fine Doc. All the metal around me has been behaving itself and not trying to join up in a party in my insides.
01[18:59] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::not too far form the Talons, down the ridge; Juno is huddled in a small foxhole beneath a camo-tarp, looking grey-faced and miserable, but still dutifully watching with binoculars::
[19:00] <@Caelin> ::looks up from his vantage point briefly:: it's safe up hear, but will be more concentrated down in the valley
01[19:00] <@Savant> The command tent has guards - hidden, obviously. Tynes is not challenged, so he enters into the dark interior.
[19:00] <@Roland> You're not having any more kids concentrated, your face will melt concentrated, or we and the enemy don't really care concentrated?
[19:00] <@Gabriel> ::waits for his eyes to adjust, then looks for the General::
01[19:01] <@Savant> It is filled with a broad hologram of the surrounding area, displayed from a pedistal in the centre of the tent. A crate doubles as a table and there are a few folding chairs as well, along with a command staff of eight Trojans.
[19:01] <@Delgado> ::frowns:: I don't care about the outside. I care about the 'inside'. You're more fragile than you think right now, Sous-Sergeant.
[19:02] <@Mel> ::does a walk around of the tank, checking treads and sensor arrays before climbing back onto the turret and scanning the area around her::
[19:02] <@Birkin> +com+ Birkin to Caelin. In your fights with the CEF here, have you developed mine technology fitted to dealing with their Hovertanks? And have they proven useful against those flying bastards that we're gonna square off against here?
01[19:02] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::glances through the dim at Gabriel, then nods at him:: Good morning Captain.
[19:03] <@Detro> If I'm that bad, you shouldn't have cleared me for this. Left me back at the city.
[19:03] <@Gabriel> ::salutes:: General. My team stands ready. You have some tactical details for me?
01[19:03] <@Savant> Animal life here is small and sedate - the large predators have been extinguished for the most part, but so to have the smaller creatures. Mice, rats, foxes, badgers, marmots, gophers - so odd! Mammals such as they never took a serious foothold on Terranova. Here they are the dominant creatures, provided that nature is allowed to have its way. There are birds as well, though few - their cheerful chirping is undisturbed by the Autos moving about.
01[19:04] <@Savant> (( - their cheerful chirping is undisturbed by the Autos moving about.))
[19:04] <@Caelin> ::thinks a moment:: probably about the same as where we found the Cydh Ambithera, wouldn't want to be down there more than a day or so ::hears birking on the com:: +com+ we have air interdiction mines that work like that yes
[19:05] <@Delgado> ::raises an eyebrow at Detro, giving him a critical look:: I remember trying to do the exact same back on Terra Nova. ... Look how that turned out.
[19:05] <@Birkin> ::nods:: +com+ If any can be spared I think we can put them to good use. Herding the enemy if need be.
[19:05] <@Roland> ::mutters:: In other words, don't go digging ourselves any trenches ::crouches on Erinyes' shoulder and grabs a handhold, swinging down the gear's chest, hips, and legs to the ground in a fluid series of movements::
01[19:05] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::pours a cup of some hot drink from a thermos -it's rather chilly out today after all, especially for a hot-blooded Terranovan - and he offers it to Tynes before pouring himself his own:: I do. You may want to issue orders to your team for close recon of the valley, prepare the ground for the battle.
[19:06] <@Gabriel> ::accepts the beverage, even though he's been living in the chilly north, then a chilly spaceship, then a chilly cave Wink ::
[19:06] <@Detro> Yes. And it's too late now. ::looks around for a place to hunker down::
01[19:07] <@Savant> Further down the bowl off the valley lie the foothills, golden yellow in the dawn light. The view is fairly open, affording you an excellent field of view - and of fire, when that day comes. Pickets have been established amongst those hills, taken by Spidhra teams and lone Armigers wanting to strech their legs. For now, no movement.
[19:08] <@Roland> ::creeps up on Juno's foxhole, checking her post's field of vision of the perimeter::
[19:08] <@Mel> ::tilts her head to the side as she gazes into the valley, lips pursed in thought:: Hmm...interesting. +com+ Birkin...have you seen the valley. Would make an excellent killing zone down there. As a side note, there seems to be a lot of movement in the trees
[19:08] <@Delgado> ::shrugs it off and goes quiet again, looking at her readouts of him one last time before finally walking off and leaving him alone::
[19:09] <@Caelin> +com+ i'll have an auto bring a crate to you Lieutenant
[19:09] <@Birkin> ::to Caelin:: +com+ I much appreciate it. Thank you.
01[19:09] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::sips his drink, a bitter tea:: We're starting to get foootage of the forces en route to Abasathon. It's about what we thought they would bring. We're expecting a flanking force of several hundred- certainly over five hundred, likely not over nine hundred. Any more than that and there'd be no room for them to maneuver properly in approach.
01[19:10] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::She watches the hilly horizon, entirely unaware of Roland's snakelike approach through the grass::
[19:10] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Very well. And you're primarily looking for numbers?
[19:10] <@Birkin> +com+ I have been thinking that too. Of course I'm sure they know that too which is why we may have to lure them into the position to hopefully draw them in and tighten the noose. ::pauses for a moment:: Movement in the trees? Like what?
05[19:10] <@Birkin> <<that was to mel>>
[19:11] <@Roland> ::crouches down beside Juno's foxhole:: Nice view.
[19:11] <@Detro> ::settles for sitting on Uchiwa's foot, closing his eyes and leaning against the leg::
01[19:11] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Numbers are good. They'll be sending their faster units on this flanking maneuver, which are precious to them. But watch for these. ::gestures at the trideo projection::
[19:11] <@Mel> +com+ At a guess, critters...I'm not familiar with the fauna myself
[19:12] <@Birkin> +com+ Roger. ::looks up at the trees to see if he can spot something up in them::
01[19:12] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::shrieks a moment before stifling it, then turning around to slap Roland on the leg:: oh, you!
[19:12] <@Caelin> ::turns to one of the support autos and inputs the fetch and deliver commands for the mines to birkin, then resumes his watch over the valley::
[19:12] <@Mel> +com+ If you want, I could try and send a Wasp in there for a better look
[19:13] <@Delgado> ::idly makes her rounds, scanning everyone and the environment around them, doing mental calculations of radiation exposure and such. More busy work than anything::
[19:13] <@Detro> ::not for the first time, he thinks of Kellerton, that he *should* have stayed on TN::
01[19:13] <@Savant> The hologram in the command tent pulls up a set of images at Kogmund's gesture. One on heavy spidery legs, the other on ducted jets, these two Autos share many similarities - a boxy body with bulbous protrusions upon them.
[19:14] <@Gabriel> ::sips his beverage:: Interesting. What's the role of this platform?
[19:14] <@Roland> ::juts his chin down towards the valley:: Anything interesting, or more of the same?
01[19:15] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> These are their networking Autos. Their network isn't entirely distributed, and these are the packet handlers. Otherwise they have to fall back on an auxhilliary network that can't handle the usual network load. They're very well protected, but they're very expensive for Steelgate to produce.
[19:15] <@Gabriel> ::blinks:: ...interesting.
01[19:16] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Uh? Out there? GRass, hills. It's pretty, really. Ooh, I did see something! Do you want to see it?
[19:16] <@Detro> ::sighs and opens his eyes, flushing the thoughts from his mind. He had a duty to be here, no matter the personal cost::
[19:16] <@Gabriel> Do you just want numbers, types, and locations, or should we arrange a few strategic accidents if we can?
01[19:17] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> They've been working on some alternate platforms, though - these are their older models. They have modified a light hovertank to carry this equipment - it's fairly powerful. They've got several of those now; I believe that twenty are going to be at the battle, all told.
[19:17] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Their light HTs are no jokes.
[19:17] <@Roland> ::nods:: It still there, or do you have a picture?
[19:18] <@Detro> ::eyes Delgado:: Hey, Doc? Maybe you should relax too.
01[19:18] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> We've gotten most of their numbers, but locations would be nice. If you want to arrange any strategic mishaps on their part, that would be excellent, but nothing that would tip our hand. Surprise is everything we've got right now.
01[19:18] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::She fiddles with her binocs and hands them over. Roland can see video footage of a coyote that wandered through the hills in the early pre-dawn light.::
[19:18] <@Gabriel> Indeed. In more ways than one.
[19:19] <@Delgado> ::snorts softly as she makes a lazy circle back to where she started, satsified that no one's hair was going to fall out in the immediate future:: Ask me again when we're not in the middle of a war.
[19:19] <@Birkin> ::frowns not seeing anything in the trees: +com+ Don't bother for now Mel. Keep an eye on it and if it moves funny again then let me know.
01[19:19] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> ::nods:: Their light tanks are perhaps more trouble than their heavier models. The light ral tank, supported with a host of wasps, is difficult to stop.
[19:20] <@Detro> Right. And now you know why I'm here.
[19:20] <@Mel> ::slips into the tank and switches on the drone control pad to do a quick diagnostics of her drones:: +com+ Roger that
[19:20] <@Roland> ::frowns:: Amazing what can survive out here when the place has been nuked to shit so much.
[19:20] <@Gabriel> ::nods, having done that particular math months ago, on Terra Nova::
[19:21] <@Gabriel> I can imagine. That's the very reason we've been looking at enhancing our basic autocannons.
01[19:21] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::grins, sharing the same joy at seeing nature survive and thrive despite man's best efforts:: I know! He's got such a pretty gold coat too. He's almost invisible in the grass. He's even better than *you* are.
[19:21] <@Delgado> I never questioned your loyalty, Sous-Sergeant. Just your logic.
[19:22] <@Detro> ::snorts:: Logic is always the first casualty of war.
[19:22] <@Detro> That's why there's all those sayings about "military intelligence".
[19:22] <@Roland> ::snorts:: Is there anything on this damned planet that *isn't*?
01[19:22] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> Uthred has told me a bit about it. It will be an impressive weapon. I've asked him to make some pintiles of it for our Slecas, to replace the secondary camera system. I think they'll be a very unpleasant surprise for the Republicans.
[19:23] <@Caelin> ::spots what mel was talking about over the com:: +com+there are lots of mammals down there, small ones, they usually jump through the trees branch to branch, i overheard a terran refer to them as Squirrels once
01[19:23] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::laughs and rubs between Roland's shoulder blades consolingly:: Aww. Don't feel bad. You're still really sneaky. Oh, wait! I have something for you!
[19:24] <@Roland> ::arches an eyebrow::
[19:24] <@Birkin> ::begins to wonder just what thier terrain was going to look like:: +com+ Birkin to Delgado.
01[19:24] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::appears in and amongst the trees - literally - on her way to the bivouacs. Sleca - the same one that followed the all the way to Caprice - sheds its camoflage moments later, following like a puppy::
01[19:25] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::pulls out a heavy black blanket and holds it out to him:: Look at what I got for you!
[19:25] <@Delgado> ::makes a non-committal grunt as she looks out across the landscape. Her mind starts wandering over what she was like before Talons compared to now. Especially over the past couple of weeks. The latest incident with Detro showed her exactly how 'different' she was. And continuing to be:: Need to do another scan... ::mutters to herself before being 'awakened' by Birkin::
[19:25] <@Delgado> +com+ Delgado here.
[19:25] <@Roland> ::takes the blanket from Juno and turns it over in his hands, inspecting it::
[19:25] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Very good. Anything else I need to know? Any support you can provide us? Each of our Gears has a mount-point for a smaller drone, if you like.
[19:26] <@Birkin> +com+ How's the team holding up in your tests. Any danger from rad exposure here?
01[19:26] <@Savant> Rolands' blanket slowly turns gold-brown as he pulls it out into the sunlight. He can see the blurry form of his thigh through it.
[19:27] <@Roland> Well now that's something...
[19:27] <@Mel> ::once finished with the diagnostics, she shuts down the panel and pulls herself back out of the tank:: Hmm...what to do...can't build anything right now...can't really do much of anything but look around at stuff ::frowns slightly::
[19:27] <@Roland> ::looks at Juno:: How the hell'd you get this?
[19:27] <@Delgado> +com+ As long as everyone stays away from the water, we should be fine. My only concern would be for for Sous-Sergeant since the radiation could greately impair his healing, but as I said, as long as we all stay away from the water and in our suits, we're good to go.
01[19:28] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> I'll outfit you with Blaecspidhras if you want recon drones, or if you'd like a picket drone we have plenty of Geldspidhras. And you've got a hundred autoguard at your disposal. Caelin can help you select from your forces, if you'd like.
01[19:29] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::shrugs and grins impishly:: Cool, huh? I got another one, too.
[19:29] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: I'll speak Caelin. That should be fine.
[19:30] <@Detro> ::quietly adds something under his breath about how there's all sorts of things that could impair his ability to recover, like more bullets, missiles, and shrapnel::
01[19:30] <@Savant> 2General Leuthere Kogmund> I'll give you as much warning I can before we begin the attack, but that is going to depend on what they're doing. Be ready.
[19:31] <@Gabriel> We will be, General. Thank you. ::salutes::
[19:31] <@Roland> Very ::holds it up to the light again:: I wonder if they can make this fabric thinner...would make a hell of a stealth suit.
[19:32] <@Birkin> +com+ Alright thank you doctor. See to it that he gets plenty of rest. I think we're going to need everyone when things start getting busy here in a while.
01[19:32] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::removes her helmet and rolls her neck, looking tired but in good spirits. She ducks into a tent and comes out a moment later with some breakfast::
01[19:32] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> I can sew, if you want me to make some booties for your armour plates.
[19:33] <@Roland> ::pauses, looks over:: Did you seriously just say the fucking word 'booties'?
[19:34] <@Delgado> +com+ Will do. Delgado out. ::closes her eyes and takes a deep breath as she rolls her shoulders. No rest for the wicked. ... Especially when the wicked start lobbing long range missles::
01[19:35] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::She smirks, but that soon turns into a huge grin:: I'm sorry, not manly enough for you. Manbags maybe? Armour armour? steel scrotums? I'm sure we can come up with something.
[19:35] <@Detro> Yeah, that's another thing that'll set back my recovery.
[19:36] <@Roland> Yeah, that's just what I need. Camoflage on my balls so they disappear but the rest of me is still there. Great idea.
[19:36] <@Roland> Thanks, but I'll pass. Kudos for the blanket though.
01[19:36] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Well, at least your balls will be safe. I think that's an important thing, right?
[19:37] <@Gabriel> ::heads out of the tent:: +com+ Caelin, I'd like to chat with you a bit if you have a moment.
01[19:38] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::cheerily::You're welcome. I'll try to get some more. Maybe make Spooks a little hat or something. Big ole babushka.
[19:39] <@Roland> ::smirks and shakes his head, walking back towards Erinyes::
[19:39] <@Caelin> ::pats the rock he was leaning against and pushes himself upright::+com+ meet me at the mess tent
[19:40] <@Gabriel> ::changes course, heading for the center of the encampment::
[19:41] <@Birkin> ::rolls his fingers over the control of his gear:: No don't like this. ::looks outside at some of the auto's that were milling around doing republic knows what it was that auto's did on their spare time:: Hmm. ::hops out of his gear and begins to look around for Caelin::
01[19:41] <@Savant> The sun has climbed up past the horizon, and is now nearly blinding. There aren't any clouds to obscure the light. By the schedule of the attack, this is how it's going to look when there are tanks screaming over those hills.
[19:42] <@Mel> ::fiddles with some things on the tank while looking around every once in a while::
[19:42] <@Detro> ::tries a grin out, to let her know he was kidding::
01[19:42] <@Savant> Normally, this would be a bad thing - being blinded by the sun as your enemy attacks. With polarized lenses and filters, however, the opposite is true - the light will silhouette their shapes perfectly, aiding the artificial monds bent upon the destruction of the Alliance.
[19:43] <@Gabriel> ::ducks beneath the flap, entering the mess tent::
[19:43] <@Delgado> ::stays quiet. It's hard to tell what she's thinking, but by the look on her face, it's not anything good::
[19:44] <@Roland> ::stows the blanket away in Erinyes' storage compartment and closes it back up, heading to grab some lunch::
[19:45] <@Gabriel> ::finds the place filling up and enters the line::
01[19:45] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::is eating breakfast - or lunch - or whatever meal she's on - in full armour, looking exhausted but otherwise well::
01[19:46] <@Savant> The "mess tent" is a relatively broad tent with several benches and tables, clearly imported from Troy. They're a lot more rough and made of a carbon fiber weave instead of the Trojan stone, meant for moving about. There's perhaps a dozen people here, all told.
[19:46] <@Caelin> ::makes his way to the mess and finds gabriel, he enters the line as well as he hasn't eaten in a few hours, him and his armiger clearly towers over the others in line::
[19:47] <@Delgado> ::looks down at her mediglove and finally speaks:: You need to eat. ::goes quiet again as she looks back over the terrain::
[19:48] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Caelin:: We have our orders, and they're tactically not that different from what was presented back in New Troy. However, we've been given the go ahead to withdraw whatever small recon or picket drones we might want.
[19:49] <@Gabriel> I'd like you to work with Dekarch Childs on that, if you don't mind.
[19:49] <@Detro> ::sighs. And then in a quiet voice...:: Can you at least tell me when I can start having more solid foods again?
[19:49] <@Roland> ::stands motionless for a moment while his eyes adjust, then heads for the chow line::
[19:50] <@Delgado> ::shrugs:: You can try. Take a couple of bites of something solid. No more. If your insides don't make you double up in excruciating, immobilizing pain.... then go for it.
01[19:50] <@Savant> The Utopians are serving mashed potatoe and turnip, some sort of a green bean casserole, and whitefish. Not too bad for a military mess tent. IT tastes milder than you had back in Troy, but it's quite good.
[19:51] <@Caelin> ::nods back after removes and stowing his helmet:: probably take the recon sphidras, we want a lay of the land but we don't want to engage right away, i believe lieutenant birkin has some ideas to draw some of their forces down into the valley using our air interdiction mines
[19:51] <@Detro> ::winces:: Uh, no thanks. I'll stick with the Wierd But Tasty Goo Shake diet a little longer.
[19:51] <@Gabriel> ::draws a tray, gets it filled, then waits for Caelin before heading to the tables::
[19:52] <@Roland> ::gets his food and takes a seat, poking at the beans for a moment before attacking the potatoes::
[19:52] <@Delgado> ::smirks ever-so slightly:: Always good to err on the side of caution. And non-gut explosion.
[19:52] <@Caelin> ::gathers his tray of food and heads over to one of the more armiger-friendly tables::
01[19:53] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::eats ravenously, somehow managing to eat while wearing her suit *and* avoiding making the fork clink against the plate at the same time::
[19:54] <@Gabriel> ::sits, then waits for Caelin to do the same, then nods:: It'll be a tricky balance.
[19:54] <@Detro> ::this time the sigh is longer, exasperated:: Look, nobody told me that depth charges can go UP on this waltzing feh wu planet...
[19:54] <@Gabriel> Our primary goal is recon. But on the other hand, the General made it clear that the battle might begin with us still out there scouting. He implied it probably would, in fact.
[19:54] <@Gabriel> So when to strike will be the key question of the day.
01[19:56] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::listens and watches the conversation with big eyes, but otherwise doesn't add to it. She's too busy putting food in to let any words come out.::
[19:56] <@Mel> ::slips into the drone bay and rummages around a little before pulling out a lock box:: Hmm...do I dare?
[19:56] <@Delgado> ::shrugs:: No one told me there's a goddamn spidery surgical thing over the medical beds. Who knows. We just work with what we have, both in equipment and intel. No one's blaming you for your current condition.
[19:56] <@Gabriel> ::tries the food while Caelin thinks about that::
[19:57] <@Caelin> ::nods again while swallowing a bite of food::you've on occasion used your stealth to let the enemy pass over you or get into a position you can use to your advantage correct?
[19:57] <@Birkin> ::enters his way into the food tent before spying Caelin and the Captain, making his way through the line before sitting down at the same table::
[19:57] <@Gabriel> Of course.
[19:57] <@Gabriel> ::nods at Birkin as he sits:: Lieutenant.
01[19:57] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Makes room for Birkin::
[19:58] <@Roland> ::finishes off the potatoes and starts working on the fish::
[19:58] <@Mel> ::opens the lock box and looks at the small stash of Bethany Chocolates inside::
[19:58] <@Birkin> Captain ::nods at the others at the table:: I'd like to get the know the area we're having to defend or slow down the Earthers and Steelgaters at before I start rigging my charges sir. Maybe I could even cause a few rock slides if need be.
[19:59] <@Birkin> ::looks to Caelin:: I was curious if we could borrow a few of your drones to scout the area out ahead of us.
01[19:59] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::appears behind Melissa like a ghost, rising out of the grass with her face peeking out from beneath her new camo blanket::
[19:59] <@Detro> Yeah, well... Thanks for saving my ass. Again.
[20:00] <@Caelin> ::nods as birkin approaches and motions for him to take a seat:: we were just discussing that lieutenant
[20:00] <@Delgado> ::smirks again:: It's my job. Besides, you wouldn't believe the amount of paperwork that needs to be done if any of you die. It's obscene. Now go eat.
[20:00] <@Mel> ::lets out a little eep as Juno appears out of nowhere::
[20:01] <@Mel> Where did you come from?
[20:01] <@Gabriel> We obviously have good strategic recon of the area -- the terrain and so forth.
[20:01] <@Detro> ::grunts as he gets up, feeling the little twinge of pain that's reminding him he's still alive:: You too Doc. Just in case my gut does explode. Again.
01[20:01] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::ghostlike:: choooocolaaaaate... CHOOOcolaaaaate
[20:03] <@Delgado> I'm fine. I'll stay here. ::in fact she was hungry and slowly becoming more so as time went by, but as of late, especially when she practically carried Detro with one finger, she's been trying to fight the biological changes. Right now, it was a fight against her racing metabolism::
[20:04] <@Detro> You sure? I could bring you something if you'd like...? ::shifts from one foot to the other::
[20:04] <@Mel> ::sticks her tongue out at Juno before handing her a small bar of chocolate::
[20:04] <@Birkin> ::nods:: I figure we'll need to let them go by first a little bit before letting the mines activate. ::looks over at Caelin:: That's no problem?
[20:05] <@Gabriel> And how smart are the mines?
01[20:06] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::takes the chocolate and sits down cross-legged in the grass, watching hte sun come up. She's wearing her new stealth blanket over her head like an extra long veil.::
[20:06] <@Roland> ::finishes off his plate and leans back, vaguely satisfied::
[20:06] <@Delgado> ::sits quietly for a minute, having an internal struggle against logic and stubborness before sighing loudly:: No, you're right. It's been too long since I ate last. Let's go.
[20:07] <@Mel> ::raises an eyebrow:: Interesting camo ::takes a bar and locks the box up before sitting on the grass::
[20:07] <@Caelin> ::nods to birkin:: sounds good ::to gabriel:: they're very similar to those depth charges we encountered
[20:08] <@Gabriel> ::chuckles a bit:: Smart enough, then.
01[20:08] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Ain't it? I'm gonna whack off a piece after this is done and getting it under the TEM. See what it's made of. It's gotta have some sort of microscopic orientation system, like a variable mercury switch or something.
[20:08] <@Detro> :Very Happy: Good. I just hope the Utopian field rations are as good as the cooking in the city was.
[20:09] <@Mel> Interesting theory...would have thought it would be a chemical treatment to react with the light spectrum
[20:09] <@Caelin> ::nods then back to birkin adding:: you could let two or three lines pass over those mines, and they would actively seek back to the first line that passed if programmed to
[20:10] <@Delgado> ::starts walking toward the mess hall:: Hell, if I were going out to fight an insane amount of death machines, I'd want my last meal to be decent enough.
01[20:10] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Oh, that too! but each pixel's gotta know which one on the opposite side it's gotta map to, right? So it has to know how it's shaped.
[20:11] <@Caelin> or if you want it to be chaotic, have them time delay activate after first dectection and randomly seek targets
[20:11] <@Birkin> ::nods:: Sounds smart enough for what I want to do with them. I'll pack along a bit of SEMTEX as well to make sure I can cause a few landslides. Or is that less effective against Drones?
[20:11] <@Mel> Hmm...true...it does seem to be a 'smart' material. Perhaps nanites?
[20:12] <@Detro> ::chuckles, following:: On the other hand, if the food is bad, I suppose one could arrange to use it as ammunition to throw at the enemy if things get that desperate.
01[20:13] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::goes all big-eyed at Mel:: Ohh, you think so? Oh waow! ::holds up the blanket:: You really think so? Dry nanites?
[20:14] <@Gabriel> ::listens to the technical conversation, not really able to contribute::
[20:14] <@Caelin> ::thinks on that one a moment:: landslides likely won't be effective against airborn autos or the hovertanks, ground units i'm not sure, though they may waste energy or ammunition to destroy the rocks, which would be helpful to us all the same
[20:14] <@Delgado> ::locates the tent and steps inside, looking around. She sees that almost everyone is already sitting at a table and curses softly. She slips into line then comes to a dilemma: Should she take a 'regular' amount of food that would only tide her over a little bit or take what she really needs, especially since she's been purposely depriving herself of the necessary calories? 'Fuck it', she thinks
[20:14] <@Delgado> as she starts piling on an almost obscene amount of food for a small woman like her::
[20:15] <@Mel> ::nods:: It could explain the material's ability to react smartly to the light and not fade over time
[20:15] <@Detro> ::seems to stick with just the mashed potatoes and water, but little else::
01[20:16] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::catches Gabriel's sort of vacant expression and leans down, speaking conversationally - for her, that's just below a stage whisper:: I saw a Republican scout team. Out in the Abasathon. They were going the wrong way.
[20:16] <@Delgado> ::can't really think of a reasonable excuse to -not- sit with the rest of her team so she makes her way over and sits down, keeping her eyes down a she starts to eat mechanically::
[20:17] <@Detro> ::beats Delgado to the table, having gotten far less food. He slowly starts to eat::
[20:17] <@Roland> ::stares at Delgado's plate:: ...you fucking eating for two now or something?
01[20:17] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::inhales sharply and looks up, actually raising her voice - up to a normal level, for once:: Really?
[20:18] <@Delgado> ::shoots Roland a glance:: I haven't slept much since Detro's injury, trying to save his life. Food substitutes for sleep. Read a fucking medical book.
[20:18] <@Gabriel> ::grins at Scild:: Well then, let's hope their luck holds. How strong?
[20:18] <@Roland> Food stubstitutes....for sleep.
[20:19] <@Birkin> They'll recover faster. But they still end up being screwed up and walking funny. I think it will be worth it if need be.
[20:19] <@Delgado> Yes it does, in the short term.
[20:19] <@Birkin> ::scratches his chin:: I'll need pretty a detailed look of the area we mine and rig for rock slides.
[20:19] <@Roland> Detro was injured three weeks ago.
[20:19] <@Roland> That would...not be short-term.
[20:20] <@Detro> Uh, I still am. ::gestures at his plate of mashy liquidy food:::
01[20:21] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::looks vaguely chastized and drops back down to her usual falsetto:: Five foot in a truck and five Utengelocht - er, medium autoguard. Werven pattern- er, with rockets and cannons.
[20:21] <@Delgado> ::starts eating again, talking to Roland between mouthfuls:: I'd rotate between sleep and food. Detro has been touch-and-go. ::gestures to him as he speaks up about his condition:: Nice to know you're so concerned about his well-being. I'm sure he's touched.
[20:22] <@Roland> ::narrows an eye slightly::
[20:22] <@Detro> ::grins at Delgado:: And I'd take medical work from you any day over his. Have you SEEN what he does when one of his precious plants gets sick?
[20:24] <@Roland> ::glances at the table for items within his reach::
01[20:24] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Something like that. I can't wait to see it, i mean, wow! I hope it *is* dry nano! ::gnaws on her chocolate bar like a squirrel::
[20:24] <@Delgado> Eats it? ::ignores Roland's look as she attacks the whitefish::
[20:24] <@Detro> Oh no. He cuts it off.
[20:24] <@Birkin> ::looks over at his two teamates almost preparing to squabble before looking back to Caelin:: Do you have good topography maps of this area or will we need to do that?
[20:25] <@Delgado> Damn. I would've bet on 'eat it'.
[20:25] <@Mel> ::chuckles at Juno's exuberance and takes a bite of her bar, savoring the chocolate::
[20:27] <@Roland> ::picks up a plastic salt shaker and sets it on the table in front of him::
[20:28] <@Roland> ::considers it for a moment::
[20:28] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: What kind of scouting range can we expect from such a group? How good are they?
[20:28] <@Caelin> ::nods:: we can get them at the command tent, our geological maps aren't as good but thats what out recon would be for
[20:28] <@Detro> ::chuckles and goes back to eating::
[20:29] <@Delgado> ::ignores whatever the hell Roland is doing now, just keeping her head down and shoveling food in her mouth as she idly listens to the intel talk around her::
[20:29] <@Roland> ::narrows an eye again, thinks better of it, and pushes it back towards the center of the table::
[20:29] <@Roland> ::looks for a coffee mug instead::
01[20:29] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::She almost seems conspiratorial in her tone, but that's just her:: When they're active, the Utengelocht can broadcast about six klicks, but they usually stay passive. They're.... Republican foot. ::snorts:: They didn't even make their Armburge tests. Or didn't even try.
[20:31] <@Birkin> ::nods:: A few of your scout autos then? We should be able to scout the area and lay down the mines and charges and hopefully get out before we're noticed.
[20:31] <@Mel> This place must have been quite beautiful before the all the wars. Looks like it is trying to recover somewhat
[20:31] <@Gabriel> ::blinks at the implication::
01[20:31] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::finishes the snack, then stands up and stretches broadly, wearing the blanket like a cloak. She yawns:: It's gorgeous here. But yeah. It's hurting too. I feel bad for it. Poor little Utopia. ::she leans down and pats the soil affectionately:: there, there.
[20:32] <@Gabriel> You're saying that every Trojan scout goes through some variation of the test we went through? All of them?
[20:33] <@Mel> hmm...hopefully it'll recover. Guess back to observing the area again
01[20:33] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> Anyone who's an Armiger. Who uses the Armiger suit. Most of the live Republican army is foot. "Riflemen". ::The "air quotes" she does with her fingers looks comical coming from the fat fingers of her Armiger suit::
[20:35] <@Gabriel> ::grins at the gesture, then nods:: Republican line soldiers... "feet". Tell me about them. Draftees? How well trained and equipped are they?
01[20:37] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> They're volunteers. The Republicans love their war. IF you wnant to be a citizen, you have to be a soldier. ::picks up a cup of tea delicately in her big metal fingers:: The foot are actually pretty well trained. Officers are... Officers are politicians. Mostly.
[20:37] <@Roland> That does not sound like a good way to command an army.
01[20:38] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Shrugs:: They're stupid. But there's a lot of them. ::sips her tea, pinkies-out::
[20:38] <@Gabriel> ::doesn't grin at the irony of Scild, of all people, saying that someone else loves war, but it's a close thing::
[20:39] <@Caelin> ::to birkin::sounds good, if the battle should start before we get back, we'll get into a positions to serve as flankers
01[20:39] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Let someone else do the looking-out for now. There's lots of Armigers over there. Let's go get some breakfast.
[20:40] <@Birkin> ::nods at Caelin:: Alright. I can assist if you want or you might want to have your professionals piloting your autos for the most part.
[20:40] <@Delgado> ::finally finishes her small mountain of food and sits back, letting out a sigh of content. Her headache and dizziness were gone and she was good to go for a few more hours::
[20:41] <@Gabriel> And their equipment? Does the army suffer for those kinds of numbers, equipment wise?
[20:41] <@Mel> ::feels a rumbling in her stomach:: Hmm...food. Breakfast would be good. Lead the way
[20:41] <@Birkin> ::stands:: But now. I think I'm gonna go get some food. ::moves over to the line and waits his turn::
[20:41] <@Caelin> i'm thinking Melissa Childs would be capable of handling the autos, she did quite well out at sea
[20:42] <@Detro> ::finishes up his light meal::
[20:42] <@Birkin> ::hears Caelin:: I agree. Go ahead and find her and tell her I say she should help you out to the best of her ability.
[20:42] <@Birkin> I'd do it myself but ::pats his growling stomach::
01[20:43] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::pulls Mel towards the mess tent:: This place is making me fat.
[20:43] <@Mel> ::chuckles as she let's Juno pull her along:: Well...real food and real gravity tends to do that...just means more physical activity
01[20:45] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Pulls Mel into the tent:: I know! Prophet, the food in this place! Uggh, I hope that I come *here* when I die!
01[20:46] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::her teacup looks comically small in her Armiger's hands:: Sometimes. IF we cna draw them out. The Terrans make it a lot easier for them to resupply, with their dropships and supply ships.
[20:46] <@Mel> ::laughs at the comment:: Well, just as long as they have Bethany chocolate
01[20:47] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::sharply:: shh! they'll hear you!
[20:47] <@Delgado> ::as she's sitting there digesting, she takes the time to subtly scanning Detro again::
[20:47] <@Detro> ::yawns tiredly::
[20:47] <@Caelin> ::smirks a bit as he spots the woman in question being dragged into the mess tent::found her
[20:48] <@Mel> ::smirks and quickly grabs a tray:: I guess this is the line for food?
[20:48] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: Tarantulas, we call those dropships. They were a major problem on Terra Nova, too. One we never really did solve. Do you see them often?
[20:48] <@Delgado> ::nods to herself as his guts seem to be keeping themselves together for the time being::
[20:50] <@Birkin> ::turns around with a good deal of food before he sits back down at his table and begins to dig in::
01[20:50] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::rolls her eyes:: All the time. I saw one last night. Dropping into the plains. We're going to have that one solved this time, though.
[20:51] <@Mel> ::waits in line to get food...sweet, real food and not rations::
01[20:51] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::is somehow already filling up a plate:: Um, and how. I could eat a springer.
[20:51] <@Delgado> ::looks at Birkin's plate then shifts her gaze to Roland:: Aren't you going to ask if he's pregnant also?
01[20:52] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Surprised agian, looks up:: Really, you - what? ::shuts up::
[20:52] <@Delgado> ::takes a sip of water then almost snorts it as Scildfreja gets startled again::
[20:53] <@Roland> ::looks over from the Steelgate/Terra conversation:: Hrm?
[20:53] <@Mel> ::loads up on food and makes her way to an empty chair at the table with the rest of the team::
[20:54] <@Birkin> ::speaks up with a bit of fish in his mouth:: I'm just a growing boy that's all.
[20:54] <@Detro> ::scoots aside to make room for Mel:
01[20:54] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::saunters back to the table with Melissa, her food piled into a disorganized heap on her plate::
01[20:54] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Slaps Birkin teasingly in the gut:: Be careful which way you're growing!
[20:55] <@Mel> ::Mel looks at the disorganized heap on Juno's plate, a lot different from the neat seperation of the different food on her own plate:
01[20:55] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> :looks bug-eyed and Juno's plate a moment before looking away, down at her cup intently::
[20:56] <@Roland> You were saying about how you're going to blow up the dropships?
[20:56] <@Delgado> ::grins at Juno:: Nice uniform accessory.
[20:56] <@Roland> You hit them just right in the vector jets and they'll go down, but it's a tough shot.
[20:56] <@Caelin> ::nods to melissa as she takes her seat:: we were just discussing our next move, how would you like to handle some recon sphidras Melissa?
[20:56] <@Birkin> ::grunts as he gets slapped in the gut:: Hey. That's muscle. Just because you're as skinny as a pole doesn't mean the rest of us are.
01[20:57] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> Hum? Oh. Yes. The Ymbsets. They can punch anything in the sky. Right up to geosynchronous orbit.
[20:57] <@Roland> ::arches an eyebrow::
[20:57] <@Mel> ::swallows a bite of fish and looks over at Caelin and grins:: I would love to
[20:58] <@Roland> You're talking about those big fuckers with the huge cannons on their backs? They can hit orbit?
[20:58] <@Detro> ::arches an eyebrow:: Impressive.
01[20:58] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> pssh, skinny as a pole. ::rolls her eyes:: Nice try though, muscles! ::grins at Detro then, and models her new cape:: Stylish, huh?
[20:58] <@Birkin> We should have asked for a bigger shopping list..
[20:59] <@Detro> Uh, yeah Juno, right. ::isn't paying attention to her, having been distracted by the discussion about the Ymbsets::
01[20:59] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::she nods:: They're meant to go into action with a team of Blaecslecas. They fan out and watch the sky to triangulate the positions of any artificual movements int he sky. That gives the Ymbset a lock without having to go active on sensors.
[21:00] <@Gabriel> ::smiles:: Interesting notion.
[21:01] <@Caelin> ::nods to gabriel:: i believe the term is 'they won't know what hit them' applies
01[21:01] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::goes a little fangirlish:: Uthren is a *genius*. They aren't very quick, but they go black right after firing and can get out of the way before anything can get a lock on them.
05[21:01] <@Caelin> <<-applies, that doesn't fit right>>
[21:02] <@Birkin> That itself would be a nice way to cut down on Earther incursions onto the planet. Imagine if we had that before Icarus went down.
[21:03] <@Mel> ::raises an eyebrow:: That would be quite awesome...something I like trying to accomplish with Bonaparte, but he is a little too small
[21:03] <@Roland> ::snorts:: Can't cover the entire sky.
[21:03] <@Gabriel> ::nods:: The CEF is also renowned for its ability to back-trace projectiles and laser blasts.
[21:04] <@Gabriel> As long as they keep moving, though, they should be all right.
[21:04] <@Birkin> ::grunts:: They don't have to. Just knocking a few out of the sky might save how many lives on the ground?
[21:05] <@Detro> A little too slow I think as well.
01[21:05] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::nods:: I know. We built hem to kill the strat-packs, really.
[21:05] <@Birkin> ::has some of his mashed spuds and fish::
01[21:06] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> ::Is a surprisingly dainty eater, though you all now that by now::
[21:07] <@Delgado> ::subtly looks around at the plates around her and sees a half forgotten whitefish fillet hiding on Birkin's plate and quickly spears it with her fork and starts to eat it. More protein::
[21:07] <@Detro> Sweet merciful Budda on a bicycle... into ORBIT. The optics on those things alone...
[21:07] <@Roland> Is that the upper limit in terms of what you can put the active camo on? Those things are awfully big.
[21:07] <@Mel> ::continues to eat and listen::
[21:08] <@Birkin> ::spies Delgado munching on a bit of his fish:: ... Did you just steal some of my food?
01[21:08] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Shrugs:: Not really. NOt that I know of. We use it on some doors and some outposts.
[21:09] <@Gabriel> ::boggles a bit at this, trying to imagine an invisible building::
[21:09] <@Delgado> ::stops chewing for a second as she gains a very innocent look on her face. However, when she speaks around the mouthful of fish...:: .... No.
[21:09] <@Roland> ...outposts.
01[21:10] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> ::Sees everyone boggle and supplies gently:: Like, a bunker.
[21:11] <@Birkin> My old man got put into the stockade for three days for spearing someone's hand with a fork for doing that ::waving his fork at Delgado, before he is distracted by Freja's words:: So like an entry door to an underground bunker would be easy?
[21:11] <@Gabriel> Still, impressive enough. ::finishes his pumpkin juice::
[21:11] <@Caelin> ::adds to the ymbset conversation:: it'd be nice to have eventually have a network of ymbsets in koglund, they be like the satilite network around caprice
[21:12] <@Roland> Fuckin' Arclight
[21:12] <@Delgado> ::makes a face at Birkin as she continues to chew the absconded fillet::
01[21:12] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> Oh, easy. Unless you mean an aircraft hanger door. ::purses her lips:: I bet something could be done for that.
[21:12] <@Birkin> ... Do those things have enough firepower to knock out an arclight station?
[21:13] <@Detro> ...Birkin, they need Arclight on Caprice to fend off inbound asteroids. You can't just kill off the network.
01[21:14] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> They were ment to shoot down stratpacks and dropships. Predictable-path.
[21:15] <@Birkin> ::smirks:: I don't know anything more predictable than an Arclight station trajectory. ::grins:: We could knock out a station before we do a major op again, eliminating the problem of arclight if things to too far south for the CEF.
[21:16] <@Detro> ::sighs at Birkin, shaking his head, remembering the intel they'd assembled on Arclight::
[21:16] <@Delgado> ::slowly starts getting her fork back within striking distance of a fillet as Birkin is distracted by the artillary talk::
[21:17] <@Gabriel> ::chuckles before Birkin can get going:: Even putting aside the ethical implications, you're ignoring the logistical problems of transporting something that large.
[21:17] <@Birkin> ::blinks for a second before smacking Delgado's hand with his spoon:: My spuds.
[21:17] <@Gabriel> Still, fascinating technology.
[21:17] <@Delgado> ::makes an insulting sound as she pulls her hand back:: That's battery of a fellow officer.
[21:18] <@Mel> ::listens intently, while eating most of her meal::
01[21:19] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> They are a lot like Scyteras, just bigger. They'll keep us safe from the bigger threats.
[21:20] <@Birkin> You wanna throw me in the stockade now? That'd make you XO For this mission ::Eats the last of his fish up giving Delgado a sly grin::
[21:21] <@Caelin> ::thinks a moment remembering the vehicle portfolio the talons brought with them:: your Red Bull would seem capable of using one of those cannons
[21:22] <@Gabriel> ::laughs, remembering his frequent sightings of that strider in the Badlands:: The Red Bull is on legs. That cannon would cause quite a "trip and fall" accident.
[21:22] <@Delgado> Your threats don't scare me.
[21:22] <@Mel> With the proper stabalizers, I think the Red Bull could handle something that size. Or a modified Dragon
[21:23] <@Gabriel> It's a pity we didn't have them during the War of the Alliance, or even during the recent orbital bombings.
[21:23] <@Detro> Now, you were saying something about... ::finally looks over at Juno, and it looks like most of her isn't there!:: AAAAAH!
[21:23] <@Gabriel> One of those could make quite a dent in a CEF destroyer, if you could pick it out of the background clutter. ::grins over at Scild:: Has that been tried here?
[21:25] <@Birkin> Get a few of those guarding the major cities, make it rather uncomfortable for those ships that come up for orbital bombardment again.
01[21:25] <@Savant> 2Scildfreja Osbearn> This is the first test on the battlefield. We've wante dto keep them secret. We've popped a few observation satelites, though. It works. ::grins briefly:: And there's going to be two destroyers overhead during the battle. We'll get to see if they can do it first-hand.
[21:25] <@Gabriel> Well now! That's worth the price of admission right there. ::grins::
[21:26] <@Mel> ::thinks for a moment:: You know...with some modifications, and some work...I could make Bonaparte into a mini Star Destroyer....
01[21:27] <@Savant> 2Sr. Ranger Juno Tyrelle> Ooh, do you wanna try it?
[21:27] <@Mel> ::grins at Juno:: Let's
[21:28] <@Detro> ::blinks alarmedly at Juno a few times::
[21:28] <@Mel> ::starts humming the Imperial March::
[21:30] <@Birkin> ::looks back at Caelin:: Whenever you want I will help plant the mines or lay the explosives for the walls of the canyon.
[21:31] <@Gabriel> ::has no idea what Melissa is talking about, but hopes she's not serious about destroying stars::
[21:31] <@Gabriel> I think something that destroys Steelgate and the CEF will do.
01[21:31] <@Savant> 2-=-------- Pause --------=-
01[21:31] <@Savant> perfect. I thought that game went very well.
[21:31] <@Birkin> Agreed
[21:32] <@Delgado> Weee
[21:32] <@Caelin> it was nice:)
01[21:32] <@Savant> any questions? Next game you can go out on a sneak-raid to cause trouble and get the lay of the land.
[21:32] <@Delgado> I had fish.
[21:33] <@Gabriel> Sounds good. No questions here.
[21:33] <@Mel> no questions here
01[21:33] <@Savant> the map you get will be based on how accurate your recon is next game, so do it up good.
01[21:33]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21:33] <@Gabriel> Sounds good. No questions here.
[21:33] <@Mel> no questions here
01[21:33] <@Savant> the map you get will be based on how accurate your recon is next game, so do it up good.
01[21:33] <@Savant> Explore everything. I will supply you with nothing that you do not go after.
[21:34] <@Gabriel> Happily, our two scounts have IW at skill 3/3, so it won't be a problem.
01[21:34] <@Savant> one is for being awesome! Wait, no, it's for teamwork. And characterization, i think that applies today. Tell me about htat. Make it good, if you want the expees.
[21:35] <@Delgado> BRAINSTORMING
[21:35] <@Gabriel> Oh, wait. No they don't. So yeah, never mind. It'll be a major problem. Wink
01[21:35] <@Savant> Smile
[21:35] <@Detro> Detro showed his PSY +1 today and didn't cause trouble.
[21:35] <@Mel> i have an IW of 4/3
[21:35] <@Roland> We milked Freja for all she was worth.
[21:35] <@Mel> but anyway...
[21:35] <@Detro> And helped keep Delgado from starving herself
[21:36] <@Gabriel> I like where Itz is going with her characterization of Delgado. In the past, she's pendulumed a bit between too casual and too intense. But in the last few weeks, I think you've found the right balance, Itz. Playful without being belligerent. Tough without being bitchy.
06[21:36] * @Delgado grins
01[21:36] <@Savant> poor Freja is all milked out.
[21:36] <@Delgado> Her hormones were all crazy back then. Now she's all 'mellowed' out.
[21:37] <@Caelin> it's almost like she's getting control of her dark::cough::purple::cough:: side:)
[21:37] <@Delgado> Goddamn with this purple shit. The SLEDGE isn't purple. >Sad
[21:37] <@Gabriel> The person who's going mellow on us is Roland.
[21:37] <@Gabriel> He barely referenced mass murder at all today. Is Roland feeling well, Fraser?
01[21:37] <@Savant> and how. The Roland form a year ago woulda smoked Delgado with a coffee cup.
[21:37] <@Delgado> Or the salt shaker.
[21:37] <@Caelin> he's in the forest, being around all that nature is soothing for him:P
[21:37] <@Detro> Or both
[21:38] <@Roland> We already have two people with wound penalties, we don't need three. Wink
[21:38] <@Detro> ^- Unfortunately, we have to count that as teamwork
[21:38] <@Mel> and that is a reason for a sociopath?
[21:38] <@Birkin> We're gonna work together to lay out the welcome mat for the CEF and Steelgate
[21:38] <@Mel> if they're dead, there's no wound penalties Wink
[21:39] <@Roland> Yes, well, there is that.
[21:39] <@Roland> I imagine there may be dead bodies upon the Delgado-GREL revelation.
01[21:39] <@Savant> Delgreldo.
01[21:39] <@Savant> one point. Storyline. Anything to say about what you've learned today?
[21:40] <@Roland> Assfire
[21:40] <@Delgado> >Sad
[21:40] <@Caelin> we's gots big gunz
[21:40] <@Mel> utopia has some big-ass ground guns
[21:40] <@Detro> The Utopians have themselves a BFG9000
[21:40] <@Birkin> New Troy has all kinds of toys that we want
[21:40] <@Delgado> A boomstick of epic proportions.
[21:40] <@Delgado> And Juno is starting a smuggling operation of camo cloth and chocolate.
[21:41] <@Birkin> Also don't drink the water. Your private parts will glow in the water
01[21:41] <@Savant> you should find out how she got those Wink
[21:41] <@Roland> Also, camo-balls
[21:41] <@Caelin> that a recent republican scout force was seen going in the wrong direction
[21:41] <@Gabriel> Every time I think we've plumbed the depths of Utopian tech, they come up with some other freakin' miracle, like that fabric.
01[21:41] <@Savant> yeah, that's why you want the camo-scrote-bag
[21:41] <@Gabriel> We need to find an area where Utopian tech isn't very good. I'm starting to get a complex. Sad
01[21:41] <@Savant> the fabric is actually based on blaecscirham.
[21:41] <@Delgado> Bless you.
[21:42] <@Delgado> Oh, wait.
[21:42] <@Delgado> That's a word.
[21:42] <@Gabriel> Yeah, too many syllables for a sneeze. I think.
01[21:42] <@Savant> anything else? Anything about hte bad guys?
[21:42] <@Delgado> They're foot soldiers are retarded.
[21:43] <@Delgado> ...
[21:43] <@Delgado> Their.
[21:43] <@Mel> they are volunteers
[21:43] <@Detro> They're Social/Political Generals.
[21:43] <@Roland> Chances are their officers will accept bribes.
[21:43] <@Roland> We should form a Lobbying team.
[21:43] <@Delgado> Yeah. Just about their entire military structure is stupid.
[21:43] <@Caelin> ahh i was thinking the fabric would have been similar to this http://www.newscientist.com/blog/invention/2007/11/fabric-displays.html
[21:43] <@Birkin> They sound like the Chinese. "You ten divisions! Go take that hill for the glory of our communist state!"
06[21:44] * @Delgado nods
01[21:44] <@Savant> basically yeah, CAelin. I knew about that stuff, so I figured that the Trojans could adapt that to their active camo without too much trouble.
[21:44] <@Delgado> Their officers sound more suited for tabletop war than actual field combat.
01[21:45] <@Savant> well, being successful in war usually brings success in politics, in Steelgate. Not always mind you. Teir politics is interesting.
01[21:45] <@Savant> If you want to aftersim at some point you can pick Scildfreja's head about them a bit more.
01[21:45] <@Savant> two points. Three if you can tell me one thing you plan on doing next week that will increase your preparedness for the up and coming war.
[21:46] <@Birkin> laying mines, using terrain to set up avalanche traps
[21:46] <@Detro> Type !heal 100 Smile
[21:46] <@Detro> Scouting the terrain, finding ambush and choke points, observation points, etc.
[21:46] <@Mel> learn the basics about the Utopian drones so i can scout out better
[21:46] <@Roland> Increasing my IW skill. Wink
[21:46] <@Gabriel> Find a couple of forward scouting points, find a couple of fall-back positions.
[21:46] <@Delgado> Keeping Detro's insides inside.
[21:46] <@Caelin> the 4X strategy, eXplore, eXploit, eXpland and eXterminate;)
[21:47] <@Mel> you mean...expand right?
[21:47] <@Caelin> yes
[21:47] <@Caelin> i thought i backspaced enough when i realized i was typing exploit a second time
01[21:48] <@Savant> good. Now you all know what you're doing.
[21:48] <@Birkin> Have everyone learn the lay of the land that we have to defend
01[21:48] <@Savant> that's three points.
[21:48] <@Birkin> we should know it like the back of our hands
01[21:48] <@Savant> yeah, you should.
01[21:48] <@Savant> well done!
01[21:48] <@Savant> 2-=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group