Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Transcripts for "A Traitor in Our Midst"

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Game Transcripts for "A Traitor in Our Midst" Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:00] <Thierry> ::Attn::
[18:01] <Ardelmos> ::attn and stuff::
[18:01] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:01] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:01] <Savant> hello and welcome again to another exciting, drama-filled episode of the Black Talons! Before we begin, as is tradition, i've dug about for something to talk about. Makes me feel all self-important, i likes it.
[18:01] <Joanna> ::Raises::
[18:01] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:02] <Savant> Joanna?
[18:02] <Joanna> Will this be another treatise on the Goodness of Air? Smile
[18:02] <Savant> no, but you may refer to that lecture if you like.
[18:02] <Savant> this week, it's regarding the IW/Communications split. When we converted to 3rd edition, we folded communications into the IW skill
[18:03] <Savant> some time ago I discovered that Communications is in fact a subset of Technical Sciences. I've left things as is, but I'd like to now address splitting the two up. In order to do so, here's what we're going to be doing.
[18:03] <Savant> As of the next game, Communications will be handled by Tech Sci: Communications. You may pull any number of points from IW into Tech Sci without penalty, in order to bring up your Communications skill to where it ought to be.
[18:04] <Savant> In addition, it's open season on experience point spending into IW or Communications for this game and the next.
[18:04] * Gabriel has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[18:04] <Savant> Questions?
[18:04] <Ardelmos> Ugh
[18:04] -koolaid.ny.us.blitzed.org:@#BT05- Savant invited Brad into channel #BT05.
[18:04] <Savant> yeah, that too.
[18:04] <Ardelmos> (no, that's not a question) Wink
[18:04] <Thierry> ::Raises::
[18:04] <Savant> Thierry?
[18:05] <Thierry> By "open season" I presume you mean that we can put an unlimited # of points
[18:05] <Craig> as many as we have banked i assume
[18:05] <Savant> within reason, but yes.
[18:05] <Thierry> kk
[18:06] * Jester has joined #bt05
[18:06] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
[18:06] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:06] <Savant> also, we will likely be using the Map Tool today. Please use Build 24, and join 142.59.196.144 port 10015 when convenient. The map is currently set to invisible, s don't freak out if you can't see anything
[18:06] <Savant> welcome back.
[18:07] <Craig> in my case, my IW skill was built with IP not XP do i just split the IP instead?
[18:07] <Savant> if you'd like
[18:08] <Savant> anyways. Let's get to the briefing.
[18:08] <Savant> A Traitor in Our Midst
[18:08] <Savant> 07 Winter TN 1944, 2400h - evening
[18:08] <Savant> West of Toledo, Rhanguard Region, Karaq Wastes
[18:08] <Savant> 26 degrees Celcius, 07% humidity
[18:08] <Savant> Now that the CEF has reappeared in-system, the Black Talons have little time left to locate their prey. They've been forced to wait before meeting with Mason, a suspected CEF operative. This has bought them the time they need to deal with the "Bloody Twelve," a notorious rover gang that's been harassing the region.
[18:08] <Savant> The Bloody Twelve has a reputation that draws from the years immediately following the War of the Alliance. The notorious gang of miscreants and outlaws are reputed to take delight in the murder and mayhem that they cause - there has even been a mini-series produced in Toledo about them, winning popular Badlander acclaim along with an increased reputation for the Twelve.
[18:08] <Savant> The Toledo and Icehaven militias have been hammered by these bandits particularily hard recently, and the Northern Guard can't seem to put their thumb on the Twelve. It falls to the Talons to deal with the Twelve once and for all...
[18:08] <Savant> Please acknowledge when ready.
[18:08] <Thierry> Ack
[18:08] <Joanna> ack
[18:08] <Birkin> ack
[18:08] <Ardelmos> ack
[18:08] <Gabriel> ack
[18:08] <Savant> I will want to know what you're taking with you. I understand you're using Talon gears, and bringing some drones.
[18:09] <Joanna> Standard combat personal loadout, assuming Tynes is taking Joanna with. I haven't heard anything official about that yet.
[18:09] <Savant> other than that, I'm ready for questions
[18:10] <Gabriel> All eight Dark Gears, both Sand Spiders (one with fuel, one with a standard dismounted combat load including medium and light armor), Two Gargoyles (Shepherd and JJ to carry), two Fire Eggs (Cerberus and Deacon to carry), 5 SDG reloads for the Fire Eggs, and one hardpoint mine detector rig (Erinyes to carry).
[18:10] <Gabriel> And yes, Joanna's in on this mission.
[18:11] <Thierry> Thierry will have his personal carbine along
[18:11] <Savant> when the game starts, you will be outside of an entrance to the MacAllen network, where Mem has just confirmed that Gear groups move through with regularity. It also matches the region that Roshenko pointed out to you.
[18:11] <Thierry> And a cargo bay full of medical supplies
[18:11] <Craig> ok i split the IP, and used 4XP to build IW to 2/1 and 8XP to build techsci: comm to 2/2 if thats no problem
[18:11] <Savant> taht's fine by me, Craig.
[18:11] <Ardelmos> ::raises::
[18:12] <Savant> Roland
[18:12] <Ardelmos> Can we kill Mem to wake Brad up?
[18:12] <Savant> i don't know if that'd help. He did tell me that he'd be a few minutes late though
[18:12] <Ardelmos> Oh, I didn't mean now. I meant during the sim.
[18:12] <Ardelmos> Like, when he's asleep.
[18:12] <Savant> oh! well, i can't tell you what to do IC ^_-
[18:13] <Savant> is that it?
[18:14] <Gabriel> You should put in the map with fog of war on.
[18:14] <Gabriel> It's gonna take four or five minutes to send it to all of us.
[18:14] * Brad has joined #BT05
[18:16] <Savant> well, the map doesn't detail the whole cavern system
[18:16] <Savant> i'll turn it on when you get there
[18:16] <Gabriel> ::nods:: k. Nothing here.
[18:16] <Joanna> ::tells Gabriel to take his hands off his eyes, then he'll be able to read the sensors:: ;D
[18:16] <Birkin> same ip as last night?
[18:17] * Birkin sets mode: +o Brad
[18:17] * Brad is now known as Mem
[18:17] <Savant> yep, same IP as last night.
[18:18] <Savant> anyways. Ready to go?
[18:19] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:19] <Joanna> Aff.
[18:19] <Savant> The Talons are outside of a yawning cave entrance. There's signs of crushed gravel on the ground, and osme telltale metal scrape marks at points. This must be the entrance that Roshenko spoke of.
[18:20] <Ardelmos> ::frowns in his helmet at the cave entrance, eyes tracking between the gravel and the metal scrape marks along the path leading into the network::
[18:20] <Thierry> ::Takes a deep breath as he surveys the entrance. Finally he'd see these bandits get their justice
[18:21] <Savant> The group is deep into the Wastes - there's little out here other than rock and sun. It's unsuprising that no one's come out to bother the Twelve, given that. Also unsuprising that the entrance hasn't been spotted by air - an overhang protects it from view
[18:21] <Gabriel> ::hangs back:: +com+ Erinyes, JJ, move up. Erinyes, there's likely a minefield in here close. Find it.
[18:22] <Joanna> ::glances about, commenting dryly:: What was that about me not knowing some part of my body from a hole in the ground? +com+ Rog.
[18:22] <Ardelmos> ::clicks his mic in acknowledgement as he inches forward -- before he activates the mine detecting equipment he surveys the area with the optical sensors in Erinyes' headpiece, looking for any tell tale signs of recently dug earth::
[18:22] <Craig> ::twists the torso of Swifty left to right a bit, waiting for the order to move in:::
[18:22] <Gabriel> +com+ Shepherd, Swifty, Cerberus, find a place to hole up on the left. Wren, you're with me on the right.
[18:22] <Joanna> ::switches to walker for a little more stability, but doesn't wander past Roland, just supports him::
[18:22] <Mem> ::yawns and waits back with the CO, drumming his fingers on his knee::
[18:23] <Thierry> +Com+ Watch for ambushes, these guys are sneaky devils.
[18:23] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger Capitan
[18:23] <Birkin> ::stays in the back of the formation, keeping a keen eye out to see if anyone else planned on returning to the barn anytime soon, not having been this deep in the desert in a long long time:: +com+ Yes sir. ::begins to find himself a nice little place to hole up in::
[18:23] <Thierry> ::Forms up on Gabe::
[18:24] <Gabriel> ::looks around for a place to park two Gears::
[18:24] <Birkin> ::finds himself a nice little nook in the rock outcropping and gets his gear down behind it, going hull down and waiting for further orders:: +com+ Cerberus in position
[18:25] <Ardelmos> ::flicks an auxilliary switch as he sets both feet down solidly and activates the mine detecting equipment, sweeping the area ahead of them -- mindful to not only check the ground for mines, but also the walls and the roof of the tunnel::
[18:25] <Savant> Sensor readings don't go in very far into the cavern. It's wide, but twists, and descends sharply. Clearly not a place where one would want to be going much faster than a crawl.
[18:25] <Gabriel> ::finds a suitable place and also goes hull down for the moment::
[18:26] <Ardelmos> ::overlays the mine sweeping equipments sensor return onto his visual of the descending tunnel as he begins his slow descent::
[18:26] <Mem> ::follows Birkin and holes up as ordered::
[18:27] <Thierry> ::Settles into a hiding space as well
[18:27] <Ardelmos> ::highlights an anti-armour mine hiding beneath a rock as well as an anti-infantry mine along the wall on the right-hand side of the passage, relaying the information back to Tynes and the other Talons as he slows to a stop again::
[18:27] <Craig> ::moves to for the left of the cave entrances and finds a good spot to hull down at::
[18:27] <Joanna> ::Raises the fist of her gear:: +com+ Omnicam. Same ones we saw earlier.
[18:27] <Savant> Now that Roland has pointed it out, the Talons can see two mines inside - they're extremely well hidden. It's impossible to tell how they're triggered, however.
[18:28] <Gabriel> ::looks at the display from Roland's sensors, trying to determine how close the omnicam is to the mines::
[18:28] <Ardelmos> +com+ Sensory input for the two of them will be independent -- the infantry one sensitive enough to go off from the passage of men, but with a trip to prevent a vehicle from setting it off. Vice versa for the anti-armour mine. Probably vibration, if it's anything like the omnicams.
[18:28] <Thierry> +Com+ So it looks like Monsieur Mason has met these people as well
[18:29] <Joanna> +com+ Ten Cees says these guys have another way to get out too.
[18:30] <Savant> The omnicam's eye is obviously active, visible int he gloom of the cavern only through lowlight vision. It tracks about slightly to follow the motion above
[18:31] <Gabriel> +com+ JJ, Erinyes, pull back. Fire Egg coming in. I want a single gunshot into the camera simultaneous with or just prior to the egg blast. You two can flip for the privelige.
[18:31] <Ardelmos> ::grunts:: +com+ Putting a bazooka round into a camera might be a little bit of overkill, Captain. ::smirks as he begins backtracking::
[18:31] <Gabriel> ::detaches his Fire Egg from his leg mount, sets an SDG into the cradle, and begins driving the thing toward the entrance::
[18:32] <Gabriel> +com+ You're carrying that six-shooter, but it's up to you two. One minute to the egg's arrival.
[18:32] <Joanna> ::carefully edges her way back:: +com+ It's all yours if you want it.
[18:32] <Savant> FireEgg> ::Obediently trundles forward with the explosive charge in its small grasping arms::
[18:32] <Thierry> ::Makes sure his cover is good enough::
[18:32] <Ardelmos> +com+ You need the practice more than I do. ::retreats out of the mine entrance and finds himself some of his own cover::
[18:33] <Joanna> ::Sighs:: Whatever. +com+ Rog. ::finds a spot out of the blast radius and raises the MAC::
[18:34] <Gabriel> ::programs the Egg for a toss-and-run and releases it to its own control::
[18:35] <Savant> The drone dumps its canister once it arrives, and scoots back to the cavern mouth. Just as it surfaces back into the light, an explosion shakes the cave and ground around it, and smoke billows from the hole. The Fire Egg drone seems smug as it returns to Deacon's foot like a puppy, proud of its achievement
[18:35] <Ardelmos> +com+ Knock knock.
[18:35] <Gabriel> ::chuckles, folds up the Egg, and remounts it:: +com+ Erinyes, JJ, move in. Keep an eye out for more mines.
[18:35] <Joanna> ::lets off the shot from the MAC, aimed at the camera::
[18:36] <Savant> When the smoke clears enough for the Gears to see, the cavern has another layer of rubble, and the camera beyond is a smouldering wreck
[18:36] <Ardelmos> ::shifts out of neutral and back into first gear, inching forward again while surveying the damage wrought by the mine and ensuring the cave mouth isn't about to collapse before moving further in::
[18:37] <Joanna> ::gets moving again, heading forward:: +com+ If they didn't know we were coming, they sure do now. ::glances at the area affected by the blast::
[18:38] <Gabriel> +com+ I suspect those mines kill a dawg or worse from time to time. Keep your eyes open for someone coming to check.
[18:38] <Birkin> +com+ They're also cocky bastards that think we're some simpleton Northie patrol. I bet they're itching to get in some trigger time with a polar army.
[18:38] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger sieur
[18:38] <Thierry> +Com+ Yeah, sluaghtering my friends isn't enough fun for zem
[18:40] <Joanna> +com+ I wouldn't waste time dawdling... I don't think this area's stable after that blast. 10 minutes maybe?
[18:40] <Savant> With the way clear, the Talons start to make their hesitant way into the tunnels.
[18:41] <Ardelmos> ::arches an eyebrow:: If they go off if a dawg wanders in? Unlikely.
[18:41] <Ardelmos> <<+com+ that>>
[18:42] <Ardelmos> ::inches forward with Erinyes (though in a Gear, it's more like 'foots'), one food steadily after the other while scanning the interior of the tunnel::
[18:42] <Mem> ::checks the sensors::
[18:43] <Savant> The cavern walls are frustrating. They make sensor pings echo and ghost, making it impossible to rely upon them entirely. However, for what can be seen things are clear.
[18:43] <Thierry> ::Stays in formation
[18:43] <Joanna> ::keeps her eyes peeled as she walks forward::
[18:43] <Gabriel> +com+ Swifty, Wren, follow them. 300 meter spacing.
[18:43] <Mem> +com+ Sensors are clean.
[18:44] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger ::Follows as directed::
[18:44] <Craig> +com+ aye aye cappy ::waits for thierry to start moving before heading down himself::
[18:45] <Savant> There are branches to the main tunnel as the Gears descend - it's a steep descent, but not unmanageable. It woudln't be fun to get out of in a hurry, however.
[18:45] <Birkin> ::grunts waiting his turn, having never been good at waiting::
[18:47] <Ardelmos> ::grunts, then stops as the detector goes off again where the descent begins to get a little tricky:: +com+ Got another one, Captain. In the ceiling this time.
[18:48] <Ardelmos> ::begins to back off slightly -- he got awfully close before noticing it::
[18:48] <Joanna> ::stops when she sees Roland come to a halt:: +com+ Watch the branches. Good time to stage an ambush.
[18:48] <Gabriel> +com+ Possible to take it out with weapon fire, Senior Sergeant? It can't be buried all that well.
[18:48] <Craig> ::slowly makes his way into the cave, stopping when roland mentions finding another mine:: +com+ not a good spot to get a fire egg to this time eh?
[18:49] <Ardelmos> +com+ Fire Egg'd have difficulty on this slope, yeah. ::examines the mine location and determines whether he can back off far enough to just shoot it::
[18:49] <Gabriel> +com+ There's also likely a way past it.
[18:51] <Joanna> +com+ Doubtful. That thing goes off, I don't think the way will be open afterwards.
[18:51] <Ardelmos> ::glances around the cavewalls:: +com+ Yeah, I think she's right about that. And I don't see anyway by it.
[18:52] <Thierry> ::Grunts in frustration::
[18:52] <Joanna> Going to have to see if any of those branches are worth investigating.
[18:52] <Joanna> ((+com+))
[18:52] <Ardelmos> +com+ Could be set off remotely rather than with a vibration sensors, but I don't see any transmitters built into it
[18:53] <Gabriel> +com+ Very well. If there's no way to bypass, try one of the branches.
[18:53] <Gabriel> +com+ Odd as this is likely to sound, watch for tracks. We're not the first to come this way.
[18:54] <Mem> ::turns and checks behind them as Tynes speaks::
[18:54] <Joanna> ::starts heading for one of the branches that they passed::
[18:54] <Ardelmos> ::shrugs and backs up far enough to try one of the other branches, beginning to move forward again -- this time he's more careful, given how close he came to missing the last one::
[18:55] <Thierry> ::Stays in formation, anxious::
[18:55] <Joanna> ::waits for Roland to resume lead::
[18:56] <Savant> As the Talons head down one of the branches of the tunnel, it levels off somewhat. It's still rocky, but not so much of an incline
[18:56] <Joanna> ::frowns:: +com+ Uh oh. I've lost the tracks.
[18:57] <Ardelmos> +com+ Yeah, no tracks this way.
[18:57] <Mem> +com+ Pretty sure they go all the way down the tunnel.
[18:58] <Birkin> ::raps his fingers over his command console, sighing softly:: +com+ how many other tunnels are there?
[18:58] <Joanna> +com+ Well if they do that, someone should book them for a magic show, 'cause they do this great disappearing trick here...
[18:59] <Thierry> +Com+ Or someone covered them
[19:00] <Savant> The ceiling of the side-branch which the Talons are exploring eventually tapers low, until the Gears are crouching slightly
[19:01] <Joanna> ::is stuck behind Roland, who is in front sweeping:: +com+ Tell me this doesn't get tighter further ahead Roland...
[19:01] <Ardelmos> +com+ Getting tight in here, Captain. It'd be tough for a hover vehicle to fit through here.
[19:01] <Ardelmos> +com+ Actually....just about impossible.
[19:01] <Gabriel> +com+ The Bloody Twelve don't use hover Gears, that I know of.
[19:01] <Mem> +com+ Main branch, people.
[19:02] <Craig> ::follows the group down the branch of the tunnel till the point of the cieling getting low:: +com+ don't think many vehicles would be taken this way
[19:02] <Birkin> +com+ Main branch what?
[19:03] <Mem> +com+ Let's go that way.
[19:03] <Ardelmos> +com+ Well, the hover vehicle the Ranchers heard was somebody's, if not Leo's... ::ducks under a large rock and slows to a halt:
[19:03] <Savant> The shaft then begins to descend sharply once more, just past where Roland has stopped.
[19:03] <Ardelmos> +com+ Cueball, did you miss the part about the unpassable mine that if detonated will bring down that tunnel?
[19:03] <Mem> +com+ Better figure out how to pass it, then.
[19:04] <Craig> +com+ there was another branch we could try...
[19:04] <Ardelmos> +com+ Right, well, you go do that. If we feel the place shake, we'll send your mother a fruit basket. ::continues forward as the shaft begins to descend again::
[19:05] <Thierry> +Com+ I've never heard of them using hover
[19:06] <Mem> ::peers down at the ground with his sensors, then starts rolling forward::
[19:07] <Gabriel> +com+ ::snaps:: Shepherd, hold your position. The rest of us don't go in until we know the road.
[19:07] <Mem> +com+ I see a wire.
[19:07] <Joanna> ::follows Roland::
[19:07] <Savant> The Gears begin to descend. JJ, however, steps on a broad piece of slate, which imemdiately breaks. The Gear slams onto its belly and starts to slide, sending rock tumbling down the cliff beneath it. Fourty meters pass before Joanna once again has control and is stopped, clinging to the incline
[19:07] <Gabriel> +com+ You've got a Gargoyle. Use it. I'm not going to write a letter to your parents just because you can't hold your ground.
[19:08] <Mem> +com+ ::rolls his eyes and stops the gear::
[19:08] <Joanna> ::shaken up a bit:: FRAK!
[19:08] <Thierry> +Com+ Joanna, are you allright
[19:08] <Mem> +com+ 'snot my mother you'll be writing to, apparently.
[19:09] <Joanna> ((::coughs:: That was OFF comm Wink ))
[19:09] <Mem> ::deploys the gargoyle::
[19:09] <Ardelmos> ::feels a number of rocks whack against his gear's back and looks over his shoulder briefly, shaking his gear's head as he continues slowly forward -- still scanning with the mine detector, his own sensors, and his eyes::
[19:09] <Joanna> +com+ ::sounds a bit like she was shaken around:: Watch that first rock, it's a doozy... ::blinks a few times to get her head back on her shoulders::
[19:10] <Birkin> +com+ Did Earther girl just die up there?
[19:10] <Craig> ::shakes his head at joanna's remark and follows down the slope::+com+sounds like you're the one that needed that advice
[19:11] <Joanna> ::carefully gets back to what passes for moving around in this space::
[19:11] <Mem> +com+ The cable attached to the camera continues down past the mine.
[19:11] <Savant> Joanna's gear is scuffed up somethign fierce, but it's okay, and the ground levels off beneath. There's a meter of water or so down here, and the tunnel walls are slick and cold.
[19:12] <Joanna> +com+ Ugh. No, I'm not dead. Just banged my head a bit, that's all.
[19:12] <Mem> ::heads back to his position as ordered, leaving the gargoyle to peer down into the tunnel, without moving it forward::
[19:12] <Ardelmos> +com+ Gettin' wet down here. ::makes sure his sensors are penetrating the water correctly as he moves forward::
[19:12] <Gabriel> +com+ Scouts, Shepherd's found a cable from the outside camera leading in. Shepherd, have your Gargoyle track the cable.
[19:13] <Thierry> ::Looks at the walls:: +Com+ Seems an odd place for a base
[19:13] <Mem> +com+ Yeah, it goes right under that mine you can't get by.
[19:13] <Gabriel> ::frowns:: +com+ There's got to be a way past it, then. Shepherd, move in, find us a way past that mine. Birkin, move in, watch his back.
[19:14] <Mem> ::nods and drives back to the gargoyle's position, staring up at the mine::
[19:14] <Mem> ::from a safe distance, anyway::
[19:14] <Joanna> ::blinks:: +com+ Should we stop and return to the main tunnel or keep going?
[19:14] <Savant> The side tunnel goes deeper, and the water level goes up. The Gears are chest-deep in water and continuing to descend. The Gears automatically swith to aquatic sensor systems
[19:14] <Mem> +com+ How is this mine activated?
[19:15] <Gabriel> +com+ Keep moving. If it gets too tight to turn around, use your Gargoyle, JJ. They might have an alternate entrance.
[19:15] <Ardelmos> +com+ Water's getting pretty deep down here.
[19:15] <Joanna> +com+ Less worried about tight, moreso about water...
[19:15] <Mem> ::looks back at Birkin:: +com+ Boomer, can you tell?
[19:15] <Gabriel> +com+ Your Gears are built to handle several hundred PSI of external pressure. I suspect they can handle getting a bit wet.
[19:16] <Thierry> +com+ I doubt they swim out
[19:16] <Birkin> ::moves into the cavern:: +com+ Past the mine? ::frowns:: let me have a look at it::
[19:16] <Joanna> +com+ Yeah, but are all gears like ours?
[19:16] <Ardelmos> +com+ ::grunts:: Yeah, but the standard gear isn't.
[19:16] <Ardelmos> ::continues moving forward, as ordered::
[19:16] <Thierry> ::Stays in formation
[19:16] <Mem> +com+ Captain, I could try to slip the Gargoyle by the mine and deeper into the tunnel.
[19:16] <Gabriel> ::moves in behind Mem and Birkin, then takes up a position where he can stand guard over the side branch:: +com+ Erinyes, you're looking for an alternate way in. Back door that maybe the Twelve don't know about.
[19:16] <Joanna> ::sticks right behind Roland::
[19:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Even if you can't get Gears through, just slipping the Gargoyle in through a back door would give us very useful intel, if you can.
[19:17] <Joanna> ::to no-one in her cockpit:: At least it ain't polluted water.
[19:17] <Ardelmos> ::mutters to himself:: Fair enough... ::continues wading through the water::
[19:18] <Mem> +com+ Can I spoof this mine at all? Is it sensor proximity?
[19:19] <Birkin> +com+ hold on hold on... ::frowns taking as close a look as he can via his camera::
[19:19] <Savant> While Roland's fire team are busy levelling up and looking for side-quests before hitting the end boss, Mem has begun to drive the Gargoyle about in the main cavern. The mine remains in its hidden niche in the ceiling
[19:19] <Joanna> ::is a bit uncomfortable wandering around in the water like this, but so long as none of it's leaking into her gear, she'll be okay::
[19:21] <Savant> JJ, Roland and Craig are now entirely submerged. Ultraviolet floodlights from the Gears give the entire scene an otherworldy hue, and perhaps a clue as to what working on Atlanntis would be like.
[19:21] <Joanna> +com+ Okay, this is starting to get a little ridiculous..
[19:22] <Savant> Their floodlights see a light-coloured wall ahead as the floor slowly comes up, tapering into a thin tube. Porous rock beneath them is letting the water trickle out of the tunnel and into a more pressurized aquafer
[19:23] <Mem> ::glances over at Birkin's gear::
[19:23] <Birkin> ::scratches his chin for a moment:: +com+ This is their garage door.
[19:23] <Gabriel> ::continues to guard the t-branch between the main branch and the side-branch::
[19:23] <Ardelmos> +com+ Sorry Captain, this is a dead end; we've hit an aquifer.
[19:23] <Gabriel> +com+ Open it, Sous-Sergeant.
[19:24] <Birkin> +com+ There's gotta be a sensor on that thing that turns off the proximity. We need to find the right frequency.
[19:24] <Gabriel> +com+ Very well, Erinyes. Return to this position if there's no way through.
[19:24] <Joanna> ::looks to see if the tube's too small for the Gargoyle::
[19:24] <Mem> +com+ Frequency? Sounds like something I should look into.
[19:25] <Thierry> ::Stays up by the captain, still itching his trigger fint
[19:25] <Thierry> <<finger>>
[19:26] <Birkin> +com+ Indeed. We'd need a better look at the item and possibly what triggers it. Probably vibration since these assholes get their gear from Earth. We need to identify what the frequency would be for it and then trigger the disarm command.
[19:26] <Mem> ::loads a program to scan for frequencies::
[19:26] <Joanna> ::manages to turn around and starts heading back the way they came::
[19:27] <Ardelmos> ::starts backing up until the passageway becomes large enough to turn his gear around, then proceeds backwards; following Joanna::
[19:27] <Mem> ::grins:: +com+ Home grown, too. Good ol' Merc technology.
[19:27] <Mem> +com+ It's a wireless phone. I've got the frequency.
[19:28] <Joanna> ::slogs forth through the water::
[19:28] <Gabriel> +com+ Understood, Shepherd. Don't trigger it just yet. Hold your position and stand by. Scout team is returning.
[19:28] <Joanna> +com+ Not going to be easy getting back up now that we're soaking wet.
[19:28] <Thierry> +Com+ Enjoy ze swim?
[19:28] <Craig> ::heads back out of the water and up the slope with the others::
[19:29] <Mem> ::nods and grins, thinking about sending an explicit text message to the enemy's phone::
[19:29] <Gabriel> +com+ It it were easy, Corporal, anyone could do it. Return, double-time.
[19:29] <Savant> The side team emerges form the water and reaches the incline once more
[19:29] <Joanna> +com+ We're almost there sir. ::pauses, turns her gear's head to look at Roland:: You'd better go up first Roland. I don't want to come crashing down into you again.
[19:30] <Ardelmos> +com+ Your concern is touching. ::passes by Joanna and begins climbing back up the incline::
[19:30] <Joanna> ::sees Roland make his way up, and she more or less follows in his steps the best she can, making it up relatively okay this time::
[19:31] <Savant> Now up the slope, the Talons rejoin their commander and the rest of the team in the main tunnel.
[19:31] <Gabriel> +com+ JJ, Erinyes, move up and pass the mine once Shepherd has it deactivated. Wren, Swifty, hold here.
[19:32] <Mem> ::glances over at Roland:: +com+ You should give me a little more credit next time. ::turns back to try and shut off the mine::
[19:32] <Gabriel> +com+ Shepherd, disable the mine. Scout team's moving up.
[19:32] <Thierry> +Com+ Bien sur boss
[19:32] <Joanna> ::dripping water, sketches a tired wave as she passes Tynes to follow his orders::
[19:33] <Birkin> ::backs off a little bit, letting the scout team go by first::
[19:33] <Mem> +com+ It's off.
[19:33] <Ardelmos> ::shifts his bazooka slightly at Mem's comm, glancing at Tynes, then walking forward again underneath the 'disabled' mine::
[19:33] <Thierry> ::Pulls off his gloves and itches his trigger finger again then replaces them::
[19:33] <Savant> There's no telling difference between now and earlier, but the mine indeed does not go off when the Talons pass under it.
[19:34] <Birkin> +com+ Hey they didnt die. Nice job Mem.
[19:34] * Kheldar has joined #bt05
[19:34] <Joanna> ::follows behind Roland:: +com+ Indeed. Nice job Mem.
[19:35] * Shade has quit IRC (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Kheldar)))
[19:35] * BradAFK has joined #BT05
[19:36] * Mem has quit IRC (texmex.tx.us.blitzed.org koolaid.ny.us.blitzed.org)
[19:37] * Birkin sets mode: +o BradAFK
[19:37] * BradAFK is now known as Mem
[19:37] * Savant sets mode: +o Kheldar
[19:37] * Kheldar is now known as Shade
[19:39] <Savant> Rolands' sensors give a slight ping just as he approaches a curve. A bit of heat wafting out from the tunnels
[19:39] <Craig> ::stops beside gabriel and watches roland and joanna head down the main tunnel::
[19:40] <Gabriel> +com+ Well done, Lieutenant. Shepherd, Cerberus, follow them. Close to 200 meter spacing.
[19:40] <Mem> +com+ Copy.
[19:40] <Ardelmos> ::activates Erinyes' tool arm and extends it horizontally out so it can peek around the corners as he moves through the chamber::
[19:40] <Joanna> ::sees Roland stop moving and freezes herself, holding up the right arm of her gear, fist closed::
[19:41] <Mem> ::rolls forward slowly, closing to the appropriate distance::
[19:41] <Gabriel> ::starts to follow himself:: +com+ Wren, Swifty, rear guard. Maintain 200 meter spacing until I order otherwise.
[19:42] <Craig> +com+ yessir
[19:42] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger Capitaine ::Falls into the rear position::
[19:42] <Savant> Rolands' sensors show a rather grim sort of picture - Gears hunkered down behind cement emplacements. There's a Hunter looking right at him - the magazine on the thing's LAC is enormous
[19:42] <Birkin> +com+ Aye sir ::follws up behind the scouts::
[19:43] <Joanna> ::STILL has her gear arm up, fist closed, indicating STOP YOU REMFs! ;D ::
[19:44] <Ardelmos> +com+ ::relaying back through Joanna's gear:: At least four gears. Two hunters, Fire Jaguar, Grizzly.
[19:44] <Ardelmos> +com+ Won't be able to see anymore unless I expose myself. ::looks for unit patches through the tool arm::
[19:44] <Joanna> ::hears the com, monitoring the relay::
[19:45] <Gabriel> +com+ Well, well. Wouldn't want to disappoint them. I'm sending up an SDG. Return my Egg to me when the SDG arrives. Everyone move up, 40 meter spacing between elements.
[19:45] <Savant> Roland's camera sees the Bloody Twelve's Gears - they're made of beat up, scuffed parts from all over the Badlands. One of htem even has a TDF logo on the helmet.
[19:45] <Gabriel> +com+ Shepherd, stand by ECM.
[19:45] <Mem> +com+ Ready.
[19:45] <Gabriel> +com+ Cerberus, let's send Erinyes two, shall we? ::detaches his Fire Egg and sets an SDG in the cradle, then sends it trundling forwarD::
[19:46] <Savant> Roland sees a Gear's arm move behind a wall, and a second later a large metal cyllinder lands by him and Joanna.
[19:46] <Thierry> +Com+ Lets do this
[19:46] <Mem> ::flips up a set of buttons and glances through his neural net UI to check weapons::
[19:46] <Craig> do you guys see a map? i don't see a map...
[19:46] <Joanna> ::moves back double-time::
[19:46] <Craig> <<oops wrong channel...>>
[19:47] <Birkin> +com+ It will be my pleasure sir. ::grins at the thought of a SDG in the middle of that::
[19:47] * LrdVampyre has joined #bt05
[19:48] <Thierry> ::Cocks his MAC::
[19:48] <Joanna> +com+ Whoa, they just threw something at us.
[19:48] <Ardelmos> Oh bloody...
[19:49] <Gabriel> +com+ Back off a bit. Eggs are on the way. Don't bother picking them up.
[19:49] <Ardelmos> ::throws his gear backwards:: +com+ They know we're HERE
[19:49] <Gabriel> ::had started to program the Egg for delivery and programs it for toss-and-run instead:: +com+ Cerberus, program your Egg for toss-and-run.
[19:49] <Joanna> +com+ What, you thought blowing up their camera and mines wouldn't alert them to that?
[19:49] <Birkin> +com+ Yes sir, programming now ::begins to work on his little fire egg, setting up the simple program::
[19:50] <Joanna> ::moves to hug one wall::
[19:51] <Gabriel> ::sees Erinyes on the Egg's camera:: +com+ Keep backing off, Erinyes. This is likely to be loud.
[19:51] <Thierry> ::Grins wickedly inside his helmet getting to take on the 12 in this nice new shiny talon gear::
[19:52] <Gabriel> ::turns the corner in the Egg, then activates the drop-and-run::
[19:52] <Mem> +com+ I'm picking up more activity on that 'garage door' frequency, captain. They could be trying to do something. Permission to jam it.
[19:53] <Joanna> ::has her finger on the MRP, just ready to saturate the tight turn if anything dare show itself there::
[19:55] <Savant> The cavern fills with light and fire as that Hunter with its LAC opens fire. The Fire Egg drones barely have time to set up their explosives down amidst the rocks before they're destroyed.
[19:55] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:56] <Joanna> ::hears the noise:: ::mutters to herself:: That's some serious-sounding lethality in there.
[19:58] <Ardelmos> ::rolls forward as the LAC goes off, and he hears the 'pink pink pink' of the SDGs bouncing along the ground, ready to extend his tool arm around the corner after the explosions::
[19:59] <Joanna> ::moves up to support Roland if needed::
[19:59] <Gabriel> +com+ Shepherd, Cerberus, move up to support positions.
[19:59] <Mem> ::rolls ahead, raising his rifle::
[20:00] <Gabriel> +com+ Shepherd, shut down comms, if you would.
[20:00] <Craig> ::readies his autocannon, waiting for the work to move up::
[20:00] <Savant> There's a brief, bright flash, and the entire cavern rumbles. A secondary explosion goes off further up the tunnel, behind the Talons. Smoke lays thick in the air.
[20:00] <Ardelmos> ::flicks his tool arm down as there is a deafening roar from around the corner and the overpressure pushes up against his gear, checking quickly for the results of the explosion::
[20:01] <Thierry> ::Grins a bit figuring that a couple of those that killed his squadmates had just met their ends::
[20:01] <Mem> ::hears a fading high pitched sound as the ECM starts bouncing through the tunnel::
[20:01] <Joanna> ::waits to hear the report::
[20:02] <Gabriel> +com+ Scouts, report. ::moves up, staying about 40 meters behind Cerberus:: +com+ Rear guard, report.
[20:02] <Craig> +com+ Rear guard ready to move sir!
[20:03] <Ardelmos> +com+ One Hunter Down. Can't see much more than that. Fire Jaguar is intact.
[20:04] <Gabriel> +com+ Cerberus, move up and deploy your Egg. Give it a good hard toss.
[20:04] <Gabriel> +com+ Erinyes, fall back and watch his back.
[20:05] <Ardelmos> +com+ ::clicks his mic in acknowledgement and waits for Cerberus to approach and toss his grenade::
[20:06] <Thierry> +Com+ Locked and loaded
[20:06] <Joanna> ::holds her position::
[20:14] <Joanna> ::tries a sensor ping but gets nothing... and doesn't like being too close, so she backs up to Birkin's side::
[20:14] <Savant> One of the vehicles down the tunnel has loosed a swarm of rockets, turning the passageway into an inferno
[20:15] <Ardelmos> ::raises one manipulator as the flames burn up in front of him and patiently hunkers down, knowing that the gel wouldn't burn for long::
[20:17] <Savant> Just as MEm's ECM starts going up, a signal from further int he cavern goes out. There's a rumble from back up the way that the Talons came.
[20:17] <Joanna> ((Again?))
[20:19] <Mem> +com+ I think they just shut the door behind us.
[20:19] <Joanna> +com+ Well, that's one way they won't be escaping then.
[20:20] <Gabriel> ::continues to move up, monitoring the chatter but content to remain silent until Cerberus tosses his pitch::
[20:20] <Craig> +com+ thats one way we won't be getting out joanna... we're commited to this now
[20:21] <Thierry> +Com+ Changes nothing. Lets get them
[20:23] <Ardelmos> +com+ Let's have some fun. Just for kicks. ::slams the throttle forward and peeks out around the corner, facing the fire Jag as he moves::
[20:26] <Ardelmos> Say 'ello to my li'l friend! ::pulls the trigger on the Bazooka, aiming for what he knows is a weak point in the armor of the Fire Jaguar::
[20:27] <Mem> +com+ Ready to advance, sir? Or are we waiting?
[20:28] <Gabriel> +com+ Keep moving up, Lieutenant. We need a beachhead.
[20:28] <Savant> Roland's shell finds purchase just beneath the Jaguars' torso, burying itself into the waist articulation. A jet of hot plasma flares into the mechanism and striahgt into the engine behind, which detonates
[20:30] <Ardelmos> ::flicks his wrist intuitively as he catches sight of the Hunter behind the detonated Grizzly and Fire Jaguar and looses a second shot::
[20:31] <Gabriel> +com+ That goes for you too, Senior Sergeant. I need a beachhead. Clear anything moving.
[20:32] <Ardelmos> +com+ Sick of waitin' around anyway. Bring it on, fuckers! ::pushes forward::
[20:32] <Savant> Roland makes short work of a Hunter. IT's crouched and ready - but apparently not ready for as ugly a sight as Erinyes bearing down on him
[20:34] <Thierry> +Com+ Save one for me guys
[20:36] <Craig> +com+ yeah we're here too remember?
[20:39] <Joanna> ::moves forward, speeding up in antipation of joining battle... but she's still having issues getting anything on sensors::
[20:39] <Mem> ::rolls forward, refreshing ECM and reaching out with his sensors::
[20:40] <Mem> ::walks, even::
[20:41] <Mem> +com+ I smell things around the corner to the east. Watch your left flank, Erinyes.
[20:42] <Ardelmos> ::flicks his Heavy Bazooka more southwards towards the corner on his left::
[20:42] <Thierry> +Com+ I told you zey where sneaky devils
[20:42] <Craig> a tiger eh?
[20:42] <Gabriel> <<Wrong channel, Craig. Wink>>
[20:46] <Ardelmos> ::fires off a third round with the flick of a finger on instinct as he sees a Tiger round the corner::
[20:46] <Craig> +com+ so captain, would you like anything to drink while we watch the show?
[20:47] <Savant> The Tiger doesn't fare too well - Roland's keeping an eye on them, suppressing them as they come out. The older vehicle is uickly reduced to shrapnel
[20:47] <Ardelmos> ::as the Tiger cooks off:: Got another Grizzly down here! Five gears down and they're still coming!
[20:47] <Joanna> +com+ Coming up behind you Roland, all out.
[20:48] <Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ Keep them plugged up and I'll toss this egg in among 'em.
[20:48] <Thierry> +Com+ You can get me zome Rouge
[20:50] <Ardelmos> ::throws his gear into a jig and dodges a burst from a heavy autocannon, which was more accurate than it should have been for a normal raider:: +com+ Looks like leader's shown up.
[20:58] <Gabriel> ::activates his combat computer and feeds it the data coming in from Roland::
[21:00] <Joanna> ::has a split-second decision to make: does she hug the wall Roland is on and drop down into the bowl and risk not being able to pull up and out immediately, or play it safe and stay closer to Roland::
[21:03] <Savant> The Hunters start playing tag with Roland, poking out and bakc form behind a large stagtite / pillar. At the same time, a cheetah zips around from the other side.
[21:03] <Ardelmos> ::jinks again as a Hunter pounds out some LAC fire, then takes a hit off his armour as a third catches him and a cheetah with a snub cannon comes around a corner::
[21:07] <Ardelmos> ::squats as a snub cannon round explodes on the wall behind him, showing his back with debris:: +com+ Mamoud, these people are insane!
[21:07] <Savant> The Cheetah fires and misses Roland by mere inches. The wall behind him explodes in rock and shrapnel
[21:08] <Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ Egg's coming. Captain, Roland's getting pretty torn up in there.
[21:08] <Gabriel> +com+ Prophet watch over you, Senior Sergeant. Help's on the way.
[21:14] * Shade has quit IRC (Quit: Slipping into the shadows is the best way to go. Then nobody can follow you.)
[21:16] <Mem> ::watches Joanna take off down the narrow tunnel and shakes his head::
[21:16] <Ardelmos> ::to himself:: Fuck the prophet, just get your asses in here!
[21:16] <Mem> ::grins at Roland's blasphemy::
[21:18] <Thierry> +Com+ We're coming
[21:20] <Joanna> ::blasts into the cave full-throttle, whizzing right by Roland, walking her shots along the Cheetah and Grizzly::
[21:20] <Gabriel> +com+ First squad, keep pushing them back until we have a secure beachhead.
[21:20] <Savant> The Cheetah dodges easily - it's apparently intent on getting out. The Grizzly, however, isn't in nearly as good a place. IT's torn apart by the blasts
[21:22] <Ardelmos> +com+ There's not gonna be much left beyond the beach by the time we're done.
[21:25] <Joanna> ::lets loose salvo from her other MRP, all aimed at the Cheetah, which dodges her second shot just as well:: +com+ They're all yours.
[21:28] <Joanna> ::smiles a bit in her helmet -- apparently some hovertank tactics can work in gear::
[21:29] <Savant> BEhind the Cheetah, a Jaguar is lurking in the shadows. It lifts an ugly wide-nosed tube of a gun and pulls the trigger, and a spattering of light shoots out from it
[21:31] <Gabriel> ::sees a laser fire from Roland's sensor data:: +com+ Erinyes, that's your target. Shepherd, get out of there! Laser!
[21:31] <Gabriel> +com+ I want that Jaguar pilot, Erinyes. Alive.
[21:31] <Ardelmos> +com+ But...but.....oh very well. ::slams the throttle forward::
[21:33] <Savant> The Jaguar has a shield, which it raises as it fires . Mem's shot blasts right through the metal slab and into the vehicle behind
[21:33] <Mem> ::dodges the laser, barely, and starts firing his rifle::
[21:35] <Ardelmos> ::roars forward, directly into the fire left behind by Joanna's rockets, drawing his vibrorapier and plunging it towards the Gear's V-engine on his way by::
[21:35] <Savant> The Cheetah sees Roland coming and twists away - he knows how to dance, that's for sure
[21:36] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::grimaces as Roland runs right into the zone where he'd planned to toss the SDG and hangs it from Cerberus's belt::
[21:39] <Ardelmos> ::roars out the fire, his VR having skipped off what is obviously not a standard gear as his shot should have penetrated -- he aims for and almost crashes into the Jaguar head on, skipping to the side at the last moment and trying the same move::
[21:41] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::sets the MAAC motor spinning the barrels and makes sure the belt is clear::
[21:42] <Thierry> ::Readies the Paratroop rifle::
[21:42] <Gabriel> +com+ Nice work, Senior Sergeant. Mop up.
[21:43] <Ardelmos> ::withdraws his Vibrorapier cleanly from the Jaguar's V-engine, which is now grinding noisily and spurting out flames and takes aim at the Hunter which had sputtered its LAC at him moments before:: Eat it, biatch!
[21:44] <Savant> The Jaguar suggers a heavy hit - it nearly drops its laser cannon and shield as it suffers power failure.
[21:44] <Ardelmos> >FWWWOOOOOOOOHM<
[21:45] <Savant> The unfortunate Hunter doesn't survive Roland's reply.
[21:47] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::shifts to his wheels to roll down hill toward the Cheetah, bringing up the MAAC::
[21:49] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::lets the MAAC spin and spin and spin::
[21:50] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::and spin and spin and spin::
[21:50] <Craig> ::to theirry::+com+got a deck of cards with you?
[21:50] * LrdVampyre has left #BT05
[21:51] <Gabriel> Birkin> He didn't die?! Inconceivable!
[21:51] <Savant> The Cheetah is proving to be a difficult target - the pilot is very good, could even qualify as a Talon. The vehicle spins and swerves before peeling away
[21:51] <Thierry> +Com+ ::Chuckles in his helmet:: Sorry, no
[21:55] <Savant> .. Unfortunately, it peels right into Roland's bazooka blast, and joins the rest of his companions
[21:55] <Gabriel> ::watches:: +com+ Well, that's unfortunate. Now we'll have to look for the exit. I was hoping he'd lead us to it.
[21:56] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:56] <Joanna> +com+ Better keep ECM up in case they have any more radio surprises around.
[21:56] <Savant> ((nudge that down a line or so ^_-))
[21:56] <Joanna> ((How about up 2 lines instead ;D))
[21:56] <Craig> +com+ i was actually gaining some respect for that pilot's skill....until he did that
[21:57] <Gabriel> I want to apologize to Craig and Mike. I was NOT expecting Shade to go all suicidal. He should have fallen back and given us the beachhead, then tried to push us off it. Had he done that, you guys would have had something to do. :/
[21:57] <Gabriel> In exchange for tonight, I'll put you guys in first next time.
[21:57] <Mem> Next time being 20 HTs
[21:57] <Savant> yeah, sorry guys. Had this been me, you would've had some targets. Cause they wouldn't've died so fast, likely. ::crosses fingers::
[21:57] <Ardelmos> I apologize too. He was too obsessed with trying to kill Chuck Norris.
[21:58] <Thierry> Its ok
[21:58] <Savant> anyways. Shall we dole out some experience?
[21:58] <Gabriel> You really have to change your token, Fras. Wink
[21:58] <Gabriel> Lovely idea.
[21:58] <Mem> Can I get 3 extra?
[21:58] <Mem> Smile
[21:58] <Thierry> Na, that'll wait a week
[21:58] <Ardelmos> Me? Why? Wink
[21:58] <Mem> For putting up with Lemon
[21:58] <Thierry> Smile
[21:59] <Savant> okay We'll start with 2 xp base. Good job everyone, in general. I don't really think this moved the plot forward a whoile lot, but it did involve some explosions, so that was cool.
[21:59] <Savant> now, if i gave extra to you, i'd have to give extra to everyone else, and I can't do that, can I?
[21:59] <Mem> well...
[22:00] <Savant> the plot didn't move much today, but it sure did have some exploderous lasers. +1 for being in a fight, and +1 for the opponents being of equivalent power.
[22:00] <Craig> ::looks at the map now that it's fully visible:: .....well there's the reason shawn did so crappy, the cavern was shaped like a Talon!Razz
[22:00] <Savant> so 4 xp so far. Do you guys think that you did well today? Worked well as a team?
[22:00] <Thierry> Even thoug they couldn't hit nuttin. And yes
[22:00] <Gabriel> I think so, and it was very nice to just tell people to take their turns and not have to give any suggestions. Kudos to everyone.
[22:01] <Savant> i think you guys worked very well as a team. I'm glad to see everyone getting settled into the tactical side of things a bit more. I will continue to give you guys appropriate practice over the ocming games ^_-
[22:01] <Savant> +1 for working as a team. That's 5
[22:02] <Savant> and, anyone can have an extra XP if they can tell me and the group something that they like about someone else's character.
[22:03] <Thierry> Well lets see, Roland can shred a whole squad in a round, I like that
[22:03] <Savant> heh. Apparently experienced sociopathy is an admirable trait ^_-
[22:03] <Craig> dammit, you stole my comment!
[22:03] <Gabriel> I am really enjoying Joanna's logs, and the way Farrell plays her. Major PITA for Gabriel, but from a role-playing stand-point, thumbs up. Only down side is that you're using an idea that's been done. Branch out.
[22:03] <Ardelmos> I like the fact that Tynes actually...y'know...commands. With complete orders and everything. Gotah was too lassei-fare. Wink
[22:04] <Mem> I like that Roland will one day have to take a hit. He loses his whole family then thinks he can go the rest of his life scot free. Wink
[22:04] <Joanna> I like that Roland didn't even think of killing Joanna today.
[22:04] <Mem> One day... even Chuck Norris must get a bloody nose.
[22:04] <Savant> i already have that planned, Mem ^_- don't worry
[22:04] <Mem> I see Roland growing up to be Col. Tigh.
[22:04] <Savant> heh, about someone's character, Dennis ^_-
[22:04] <Ardelmos> Don't hate me because I'm sociopathic.
[22:04] <Gabriel> ::snickers::
[22:04] <Mem> Complete with the eyepatch
[22:05] <Savant> arrr
[22:05] <Ardelmos> Eyepatch? My ass. Cybernetic eye with +1 to PER
[22:05] <Mem> Even better.
[22:05] <Savant> and a laser
[22:05] <Mem> But with an eyepatch.
[22:05] <Savant> an eye-laser
[22:05] <Ardelmos> Like the Predator's shoulder cannon.
[22:05] <Joanna> That WAS about someone else's character Colin Wink
[22:05] <Savant> but in the eye.
[22:05] <Joanna> I like the fact that Roland did not even think about wanting to kill Joanna today.
[22:06] <Ardelmos> He's kind of habituated to it at this point.
[22:06] <Gabriel> "I admire your co-workers."
[22:06] <Savant> apparently he was too busy with wanting to kill other people. Couldnt' fit you in
[22:06] <Craig> a cybernetic eye that sends targeting info to a hand gun!
[22:06] <Joanna> Exactly Wink
[22:06] <Gabriel> C'mon, Farrell, something about someone else. Wink
[22:06] <Mem> Colin, can you divulge what sort of TV we were dealing with? Were those all unmodified gears?
[22:06] <Joanna> Okay.
[22:06] <Joanna> I like the fact that Tynes did not even think about wanting to kill Joanna today.
[22:06] <Joanna> Wink
[22:06] <Savant> none of them were unmodified. They were all special. Each and every one of them
[22:06] <Savant> and you killed them all ç_ç
[22:06] <Craig> lol
[22:06] <Gabriel> ::snorts:: Actually, he did when you did that thing that Savant should have killed you for. Wink
[22:06] <Mem> Hm.
[22:06] <Mem> Why were there pilots with 1/1
[22:06] <Mem> in special gears?
[22:07] <Gabriel> (Did think about killing Joanna. Wink )
[22:07] <Ardelmos> That was dueling.
[22:07] <Joanna> ::sighs, shrugs:: y'guys just don't get that I'm not this perfect machine, do ya?
[22:07] <Savant> none of them had 1/1 in pilotring or gunnery. There were three veterans, and the Den Mother was 'leet
[22:07] <Gabriel> Nah, people make mistakes, that's fine.
[22:07] <Gabriel> Sheesh, why wasn't it up there swinging?
[22:07] * Savant shrugs
[22:08] <Gabriel> Just learn from your mistakes, that's the important thing.
[22:08] <Savant> i let Shawn take the controls. Guess he's rustier than thought ^_-
[22:08] <Gabriel> You thought, or he thought?
[22:08] <Gabriel> Wink
[22:08] * Retrieving #BT05 modes...
[22:08] <Joanna> Joanna admires Tynes' thinking ahead, with the SDGs and the little rover bots. I think (unless Colin says otherwise, because of things I know she might not) this is my first time really working with them, and she's quite impressed.
[22:08] <Savant> anyways. I thought. And he thought
[22:08] <Gabriel> Gabriel would much rather get a drone killed than a person, yeah.
[22:09] <Savant> the CEF uses drones as well. Good ones. But CEF hovertank teams don't use'm much
[22:09] <Craig> i like birkin's attitude during combat, definetly down to business
[22:09] <Thierry> I like the Fire Eggs, they're cute and make big booms Smile
[22:09] <Gabriel> Re-e-eally. We need to find some and capture the factory.
[22:09] <Savant> i think everyone can have a +1. That's 6 experience points tonight.
[22:09] <Gabriel> ::notes that down as a Caprice mission objective::
[22:10] <Savant> any final questions?
[22:10] <Thierry> Yeah, who the heck changed my password in the DB
[22:10] <Ardelmos> 6XP: 1 FIT, 1 INF, 1IW, 1 HGPilot, 1 HGDueling, 1 burnt to cinders
[22:10] <Joanna> Don't forget the TEchSciComs
[22:10] <Savant> yeah, feel free to spend into Communications if you like
[22:10] <Savant> don't ahve to thought
[22:11] <Joanna> If you wanna dump massive points in you do Wink
[22:11] <Savant> i don't have access to the db password list, unfortunately
[22:11] <Mem> What days can we do practice combats/tactical games?
[22:11] <Gabriel> +1 CS (ED), +1 PER (XP), +1 Notice (XP), +1 Leadership (XP), +2 to bank
[22:11] <Savant> whenever I'm around. Heck, you don't even really need me. Whenever you want to
[22:11] <Savant> that's fine, Gabriel
[22:11] <Gabriel> Actually, +1 Gear/Gunnery, +1 to bank.
[22:11] <Thierry> ::Snarls::
[22:11] <Gabriel> I'll build the bank back up slowly.
[22:12] <Ardelmos> TechSci:Comm, eh?
[22:12] <Savant> yup
[22:12] <Ardelmos> Good thing I have 26 dice in the bank
[22:12] <Ardelmos> 'cause I'm guessing I need at least 2/2
[22:12] <Savant> that's where i figure he'd be
[22:12] <Ardelmos> ::looks at Ross::
[22:12] <Savant> 8 xp to get that
[22:12] <Savant> sorry, 10
[22:12] <Craig> +1 XP to PSY, +1 to PER, +1 to pilot/gear and 3 to bank
[22:12] <Savant> sure thing, Craig.
[22:13] <Gabriel> 2/2 minimum. 3/2 would be better.
[22:13] <Gabriel> If anyone rolls under CEF ECM, it's gonna be you.
[22:13] <Ardelmos> 9xp, actually.
[22:13] <Ardelmos> 5EP, 4 Cplx
[22:13] <Savant> heh, paint.
[22:13] <Savant> point
[22:13] <Savant> man, i'm apparently tired
[22:13] <Ardelmos> 3/2...
[22:14] <Joanna> Heh, you'd think that but Joanna's keeping her 2/2/+2 IW
[22:14] <Mem> Assuming I can't ECCM it
[22:14] <Gabriel> I would not be happy if I were still playing JM, heh.
[22:14] <Gabriel> JM would want/need 3/2 in both.
[22:14] * Thierry would like to be spending
[22:14] <Gabriel> Well, he could probably get away with 3/1 in IW.
[22:14] <Gabriel> So, spend. Spend on what you used today.
[22:15] <Savant> he can't get into the dbase
[22:15] <Gabriel> Or what you used by proxy, like Stealth.
[22:15] <Gabriel> Ah.
[22:15] <Gabriel> Yeah, note it down and talk to McC in the morning.
[22:15] * Savant nods
[22:15] <Gabriel> Same pretty much goes for Roland, Fras.
[22:15] <Joanna> 5 points to TechSci/Comms for 2/1/0, 1 to my AGI tax.
[22:15] <Gabriel> He can get away with 3c1 in IW.
[22:15] <Gabriel> Joanna needs c2 in IW.
[22:15] <Joanna> She has it Wink
[22:15] <Ardelmos> 3/1, you sure?
[22:16] <Joanna> Picked it up last week.
[22:16] <Gabriel> Yeah. c2 lets you use ECM.
[22:16] <Ardelmos> 3/2 and 3/1 are only separated by 3 points.
[22:16] <Thierry> Um...someone else will have to do the McC talking
[22:16] <Gabriel> ::shrugs:: It can't hurt if you want to get there.
[22:16] <Gabriel> But I can't imagine an opposed-by-IW IW roll.
[22:16] <Gabriel> Well, actually, I can.
[22:16] <Joanna> Makes her a 2/2/+2 now
[22:16] <Gabriel> Using sensors when trying to burn through ECM.
[22:16] <Ardelmos> 18 points for 3/2 Comms. Ouuuucccccchhhhhh
[22:17] <Mem> ECM doesn't affect sensors, I was told.
[22:17] <Ardelmos> Now 8 in the bank.
[22:17] <Gabriel> Go with 3/1 for now, then, and buy up the c2.
[22:17] <Craig> you know, we should maybe have a training session IC to get some of us a little Dueling skill, roland was having waaay too much fun on his own like that:P
[22:17] <Ardelmos> Again, 3 points. Wink
[22:17] <Mem> isn't it 5? 1+4 pts for cpx 2?
[22:17] <Joanna> Keep in mind if your gear has a decent comm modifier you could skimp on things short term and buy up via ED.
[22:17] <Gabriel> ::shrugs:: So, 3 weeks to get it. But yeah, getting it now is fine too. Best place for points is on the charsheet, generally.
[22:18] <Ardelmos> I was so looking forward to a specialization somewhere....oh well.
[22:18] <Ardelmos> Gun Kata must wait. Wink
[22:18] <Gabriel> ::chuckles::
[22:18] <Savant> you still got 8. You can always buy it now ^_-
[22:18] <Gabriel> Gun Kata tax. Wink
[22:18] <Ardelmos> Why do you think I had 26 stored? Wink
[22:19] <Savant> i think it would be fair to call that the Awesome Tax
[22:19] <Gabriel> Oh, and 6 for Birkin, Savant?
[22:19] <Savant> yep
[22:19] <Gabriel> k
[22:19] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:00] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:00] <Ardelmos> ::Attn and such::
[18:00] <Thierry> ::Attn::
[18:00] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:01] * Joanna has joined #BT05
[18:01] * Savant sets mode: +o Joanna
[18:01] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:02] <Savant> guess that's about enough of an :attn: list ^_- Something before we start, having to do with the tactical games I've been suggesting we do as a defense of Terra Nova.
[18:02] <Savant> who isn't interested in participating in these?
[18:02] <Joanna> Eh, I'm not really. Observe, sure, play, no.
[18:02] <Ardelmos> I'm 'meh', about it 'cause I'm not a big fan of large-scale tactical games, but I'll go along with it.
[18:02] <Thierry> Pretty much the same feeling
[18:03] <Mem> Pnaises.
[18:03] <Mem> er.
[18:03] <Mem> Pansies.
[18:03] <Gabriel> I'm obviously in, and also back.
[18:03] <Savant> some people are quite gung-ho, it seems, but others aren't.
[18:03] <Savant> what I may do, then, is have the tactical games run on some other night concurrently with BT05. I haven't decided on that yet, but it's possible
[18:03] <Birkin> I am down with it
[18:03] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[18:04] <Craig> ::attn:: Smile
[18:04] <Savant> that'd allow those who want to participate to do so, and those who don't to do something else.
[18:04] <Savant> anyways, thought I'd bring that up
[18:04] <Joanna> Might wanna get a job before you make any promises, lest you wind up with time conflicts Wink
[18:04] <Savant> Also, Dave aka Vampyre will be showing up tonight with a character idea. A techie / social character who has a talent for drone control.
[18:04] <Craig> i'll play in the tacticals as best i can
[18:04] <Ardelmos> Oooh. Drones.
[18:04] <Birkin> mmm
[18:05] <Savant> i'll get a nice monday to friday, nine to five.
[18:05] <Birkin> drones
[18:05] <Birkin> with nukes?
[18:05] <Savant> if you want... 9_9
[18:05] <Birkin> can birkin look at the nukes?
[18:05] <Birkin> he needs to raise his cpx on demolitions
[18:05] <Craig> drones with fricken laser beams
[18:05] <Savant> anyways. If that's all, here's the briefing.
[18:05] <Savant> A Traitor in Our Midst
[18:05] <Savant> 09 Winter TN 1944, 1400h - late morning
[18:05] <Savant> Northern Guard Landship Base, Sesshu
[18:05] <Savant> NGB Sesshu is currently on High Alert
[18:05] <Savant> 38 degrees Celcius, 09% humidity
[18:05] <Savant> Now that the CEF has reappeared in-system, the Black Talons have little time left to locate their prey. They've been forced to wait before meeting with Mason, a suspected CEF operative. This has bought them the time they need to deal with the "Bloody Twelve," a notorious rover gang that's been harassing the region.
[18:05] <Savant> The Bloody Twelve has a reputation that draws from the years immediately following the War of the Alliance. The notorious gang of miscreants and outlaws are reputed to take delight in the murder and mayhem that they cause - there has even been a mini-series produced in Toledo about them, winning popular Badlander acclaim along with an increased reputation for the Twelve.
[18:05] <Savant> With the Bloody Twelve neutralized, the Black Talons have managed to capture three prisoners. Two more are alive but in intensive care at the Toledo medical centre, leaving the tall, dark-haired and gaunt leader and one of his surly compatriots to the Talons' tender mercies at NGB Sesshu...
[18:05] <Savant> Please acknowledge when ready.
[18:05] <Joanna> ack
[18:05] <Mem> ack
[18:05] <Gabriel> ack
[18:05] <Ardelmos> ack
[18:05] <Thierry> ack
[18:06] <Birkin> ack
[18:06] <Savant> and i'm ready for questions
[18:06] <Savant> huh. Really.
[18:06] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:06] <Savant> oop, there we go
[18:06] <Savant> Captain Tynes?
[18:06] <Gabriel> Do need one bit of info up front: either of these guys Earthers/Capricians?
[18:07] <Savant> your medic can tell you that. Thierry?
[18:07] <Gabriel> If so, he/she needs to be separated and dealt with later.
[18:07] <Gabriel> Which is why I ask now.
[18:07] <Thierry> Short answer, nope
[18:07] <Gabriel> Lovely, thanks. Smile
[18:07] <Ardelmos> SHORT answer?
[18:07] <Craig> ::wonders if Bloody Twelve can be compared to the Dirty Dozen::
[18:07] <Ardelmos> What's the long answer?
[18:07] <Thierry> Ask Thierry IC Razz
[18:07] <Savant> aheh. Any other qeustions?
[18:07] <Joanna> Nein, Herr Kommandant!
[18:08] <Thierry> Non
[18:08] <Savant> let's hope my typing improves.
[18:08] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:09] <Savant> It's nearly noon at NGB Sesshu, but unlike many places int he badlands and across the planet, there's no hope of a siesta. The base is on high alert, especially given the Talons presence.
[18:09] <Gabriel> ::follows the same process as last time, putting his sidearm into a locker, but this time, pulling out a stack of old style papers in addition to the PDAs and video display unit::
[18:09] <Ardelmos> ::stands outside the interrogation room this time, sipping cawfee from a steel mug::
[18:09] <Birkin> ::wrings his hands together as he looks at the HLC and taps at it a few times before getting his tools and begining to slowly take it apart::
[18:09] <Thierry> ::Pours over the bloodwork and other scans and puts together a report for Gabe as well as a case of syringes::
[18:10] <Savant> There are guards everywhere - the garage where the remains of the 12 Gears that the Bloody Twelve were using (several more were there as well, spares and loot) predominantly.
[18:10] <Joanna> ::finds herself back at the computer, going over any new data that's shown up on the approaching CEF ships::
[18:10] <Craig> ::looks at the newly captured gears and glances at birkin:: more toys to play around with, don't you just love this job? ::grins::
[18:10] <Ardelmos> ::flips through a PDA idly as he does so, taking in a realm of statistics listed in tabular format::
[18:11] <Savant> Inside the Interrogation room, it's calm and quiet - though there's a Norguard soldier with an automatic rifle posted inside in body armour. Apparently these guys' reputations have come this far north.
[18:11] <Mem> ::heads into the hangar and passes Birkin and Craig, muttering unintelligibly::
[18:11] <Thierry> ::Waits outside the interrogation room, com in his ear, PDA in one hand, case of needles in the other, and his 11mm at his hip
[18:11] <Gabriel> ::checks the Black Talons BDUs he's wearing, wanting to look particularly intimidating today, then adjusts the blue/red Talon insignia at the throat::
[18:12] <Birkin> Yup... ::Taking the casing off:: I think the Captain said he wanted you to go play with the geras and NNet's of the two we caught. I'll handle the Fire Control systems of them but you get to play with everything else.
[18:12] <Savant> In the garage, the two Gears don't really loom - they're more strewn out, half disassembled/destroyed across the bay floor. Some parts are on thables, others categorized into neat piles that have been marked by tape on the floor
[18:12] <Mem> ::to Birkin as he passes and starts climbing into the Den Mother:: I've got this one.
[18:13] <Gabriel> ::nods, checks his concealed piece, then gathers his things and heads for the intrrogation room::
[18:13] <Craig> ::nods, then calls out to mem:: hey, i had dibs!
[18:13] <Joanna> ::glances over at the parts strewn everywhere:: So... you guys know how to put Humpty Dumpty back together again, right?
[18:13] <Birkin> ::doesnt even wave back at Mem:: Right looks like your job got easier.
[18:13] <Ardelmos> ::sips from his mug slowly, enough steam coming through the lid to show that the beverage was very, very hot::
[18:13] <Thierry> ::Snaps to attention when he sees Tynes coming::
[18:14] <Ardelmos> ::lesiurely straightens a little as Tynes approaches, his reaction hardly mimicing the younger doctor beside him::
[18:14] <Savant> The guard int he interrogation room salutes as Tynes enters as well, though quickly resumes his ready stance
[18:14] <Mem> ::opens the cockpit and turns to look at the other two, a spanner clenched between his teeth:: Hgmph?
[18:14] <Joanna> ::turns back to the computer, going over the latest reports:: More data on the invasion force. Two separate fleets, unknown sizes, running a good bit of jamming.
[18:15] <Gabriel> ::nods at Thierry and the guard:: Got your report, Private Thierry. Well done, and thank you for working so quickly. Any new information?
[18:16] <Mem> ::climbs into the large cockpit and starts poking things::
[18:16] <Joanna> ::sighs, shoves herself back from the computer and looks at the mess::
[18:16] <Thierry> ::Hands over the PDA:: Nothing terribly interezting sir. Good old regulation badlanders. I did whip up a little...surprise for our gurests thought
[18:17] <Thierry> <Guests>
[18:17] <Gabriel> ::accepts the PDA and looks through it:: Oh?
[18:17] <Ardelmos> ::arches an eyebrow at Thierry's comment over the lip of his cawfee mug::
[18:17] <Mem> ::climbs back out of the Den Mother and over to the computer console across the room::
[18:17] <Birkin> ::frowns looking around as he pulls it apart, trying peice his way through it::
[18:17] <Joanna> ::moves out of the way for Mem:: So, nobody's interested in that information, huh?
[18:18] <Savant> Mem finds the Den Mother to be an imposing beast, not at all like his own Shepherd. The thing is like an office desk with legs - consoles everywhere.
[18:18] <Birkin> ::begins to inspect the various parts, looking at the barrel this time to see if this guy knows how to fire a laser or if hes using it like a autocannon::
[18:18] <Mem> ::whistles the UMF anthem as he passes Birkin::
[18:18] <Craig> ::looks over the piles of parts about the garage and finds the NNETS:: maybe they in good enough shape to get more video ::grabs one and hauls of over to the table and links it up with the computer::
[18:18] <Thierry> ::Opens the case of syringes:: The top two are a special truth serum we occasionally used in Toledo. The other two are, well, it should make the sergents points get through a bit louder if you get my drift
[18:18] <Mem> ::bends down to pick up a wound-up cable, plugging one end into the computer console, then rolling it out back to the Den Mother::
[18:19] <Birkin> ::frowns a little bit:: Hmmm. This guy isn't a moron
[18:19] <Ardelmos> ::glances at Tynes, then at Thierry:: You do know that you're a doctor, right?
[18:19] <Gabriel> ::looks up, giving Thierry a bit of a hairy eyeball:: I see.
[18:19] <Joanna> ::and Mem's apparently ignoring her too:: Geesh. I kill one gear and everyone hates me for it?
[18:19] <Craig> ::glances over at birkin:: no carbon scoring on that one?
[18:19] <Mem> ::passes Birkin again, unwinding the cable as he goes:: No overheating? ::looks back at Joanna:: Wha?
[18:19] <Birkin> ::nods:: Yeah this guy was tapping the trigger, not holding it down.
[18:19] <Thierry> ::Doesn't flinch:: Normally I wouldn't do this, but these guys are an exception. Zey killed many of my fellows.
[18:20] <Mem> ::to Joanna:: Your friends won't make it into the upper atmosphere.
[18:20] <Joanna> Let's hope so, or things are going to get very interesting down here.
[18:20] <Mem> ::tosses the other end of the cable into the Den Mother's cockpit::
[18:21] <Joanna> Anything I can do to help?
[18:21] <Gabriel> Yes. Well. I don't think I'll need those things, though we shall see. Thank you, Doctor. Join me when you're ready, Senior Sergeant. ::opens the interrogation room door and heads inside, closing it behind him::
[18:21] <Birkin> ::goes to the guts of the gun, trying to determine how long this one has been in service for::
[18:21] <Mem> ::plugs in the cable into the Den Mother's central nervous system and turns on battery power::
[18:22] <Thierry> ::Looks at Roland:: You're welcome to these if you think they'd help
[18:22] <Joanna> ::Watches what everyone's doing:: ...
[18:23] <Mem> ::peeks out at Joanna:: Umm...
[18:23] <Birkin> ::begins to pull apart the delicate peices, setting them on a work table he aquired::
[18:23] <Savant> The engine of the Den Mother doesn't come to life, and its batteries are dead. Fortunately someone's hooked it up to an external generator. The superconducting coils hum quietly as the gear comes to life
[18:23] <Ardelmos> Aye, Captain. ::lets the door close behind Tynes and tucks the PDA under his arm while he waits for the Captain to begin, eyeing the syringes:: You're not gonna end up on some sorta blacklist for this, are you? ::a pause:: Oh, who am I kidding -- as if I care. ::takes them::
[18:23] <Gabriel> ::has his first look at the "regulation Badlanders" as he has a seat::
[18:24] <Savant> In the interrogation room, two badlanders sit - one a thin, gaunt black haired man, the other a short, stocky and sour looking blonde woman. Both are relatively scarred, both are silent.
[18:24] <Thierry> The one on the very bottom is an antidote for the stimulant, if they decide to be as nice as Mr. Roshenko
[18:24] <Joanna> ::looks at Mem:: What?
[18:25] <Mem> ::shurgs at Joanna:: Isn't there something you...uhh... do?
[18:25] <Gabriel> ::positively cheerful:: Good morning, gentlemen. I am Captain Gabriel Tynes, Fifth Black Talons, representing the Westphalia Cabinet and the allied governments of the leagues of Terra Nova. May I have your names? ::sets two of the old-fashioned pieces of paper in front of him and pulls out a pen, clicking out the nib::
[18:25] <Birkin> Complain? ::hearing Mem and deciding to respond for the first time::
[18:25] <Ardelmos> ::grunts and clips the case onto his belt at the small of his back, sliding the opening on his cawfee mug closed to keep the scalding heat in before opening the door to the room and following Tynes inside::
[18:26] <Joanna> Actually, I'd like to know myself. That's why I asked if there was anything I could do to help.
[18:26] <Thierry> ::Stands near the guard and turns up his comm::
[18:26] <Birkin> ::sets the barrel aside, looking at the power supply and its charge, looking over the various parts again to see if he can determine the age of the weapon::
[18:27] <Mem> Just climb up here and watch, then. You good with neurals?
[18:27] <Gabriel> ::looks over his shoulder as Roland enters:: This is my sergeant at arms, Senior Sergeant Roland Ardelmos. You've met, though he was a little taller and darker at that time. Thank you for joining us, Sergeant.
[18:27] <Savant> The two of them reply in turn in somber tones, "Remil" says the man, and "Benawir" says the woman.
[18:28] <Joanna> Eh, not really. I know a little from what Junkman and the other techs taught me, but not much.
[18:28] <Craig> ::runs a search through the NNET hmming and haahing at the results as they come up:: interesting... ::starts making jots on his PDA and copies a few files of interest::
[18:28] <Mem> All right, well, let's see what we can find out. ::climbs out of the Den Mother, having connected everything, and heads back to the computer console::
[18:28] <Ardelmos> ::nods, setting his PDA and cawfee mug down on the table in front of the other chair on their side but remaining standing for the moment::
[18:28] <Gabriel> ::starts writing on the forms, almost but not quite sticking his tongue out of the corner of his mouth, "Remil" on one and "Benawir" on the other:: Remil and Benawir. Good, good. Excellent to be working with professionals. So unlike the last bunch through here.
[18:29] <Mem> ::glances at Craig:: Find anything?
[18:29] <Joanna> ::was about to climb up when Mem climbs out, leaving her confused of what he expects of her::
[18:29] <Mem> ::gestures for Joanna to climb up::
[18:30] <Mem> Is that the Jag net?
[18:30] <Gabriel> Now then, I won't bore you with the details. You know it, I know it. Your mission for Earth has failed, and the CEF landing zone in the Karaq Wastes is securely in Terranovan hands. We've got your contacts, your weapon suppliers Mr. and Ms. Farrell, we've scooped up your erstwhile allies, and your conspiracy is pretty much at an end.
[18:30] <Craig> ::to mem:: this NNET's been copied a number of times, and more stills of Mason
[18:30] <Ardelmos> ::glances between the man and the woman -- apparently, it was Benawir who was piloting the Jaguar and was the commander, as 'Remil' was listed as having piloted the Den Mother that had hid in the back::
[18:30] <Joanna> ::climbs up into the Den Mother, but hasn't a clue what she's supposed to do here:: What am I supposed to do here?
[18:30] <Gabriel> As I said, great to be working with professionals. Can you believe the last bunch thought they were getting their lasers from the Humanist Alliance? ::laughs at the stupidity of some people::
[18:30] <Mem> ::rolls his eyes:: Wait there until I bring my CAD up.
[18:30] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::grins a grim sort of a smile, and says nothing::
[18:30] <Gabriel> No, you're soldiers and we'll be jumping straight to the executions. ::holds his pen over the papers:: Will you be wanting hanging, beheading, or firing squad?
[18:31] * LrdVampyre has joined #BT05
[18:31] <Thierry> ::Moves over to a terminal and starts looking up the guests::
[18:31] <Ardelmos> ::eyes the grim smile poking its way through Remil's facade, narrowing his eyes somewhat::
[18:31] <Joanna> ::pokes her head out:: Is it up yet?
[18:31] <Mem> ::grabs his enclosed portable computer and carries it up into the Den Mother cockpit, sitting on the edge of the opening::
[18:32] <Mem> ::calls over to Craig:: Is that the Jag net?
[18:32] <Joanna> ::pops back down into the cockpit, looking up at Mem::
[18:32] <Craig> ::finishes answering mem's question:: and yes this is a jag net
[18:32] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::with appropriate gallows humour:: I've always wanted a hangin. It's just appropriate.
[18:32] <Mem> ::unzips the case and flips up the cad's screen::
[18:32] <Gabriel> Beheading it is. ::glances at Remil:: You?
[18:32] <Mem> ::sets the cad in front of him so Joanna can see:: All right, let's dig.
[18:33] <Joanna> Dig?
[18:33] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::flatly:: Suprise me.
[18:33] <Craig> so this definetly links mason with both the bloody twelve and the horwells
[18:33] <Ardelmos> ::looks down at Tynes at that....'invitation'::
[18:34] <Gabriel> Terrific. ::writes on both forms, then tucks them into the pile:: Senior Sergeant, we'll be wanting the trideo crew in the front courtyard.
[18:34] <Mem> ::types in some commands, quickly cycling through several windows and screens, probably faster than Joanna can keep up with, but he didn't assume::
[18:34] <Joanna> ::blinkblink:: Whoa...
[18:34] <Birkin> ::folds his arms over his chest:: Bout the same as last time. Not Humanist design either. Caprician
[18:34] <Ardelmos> It's already been arranged, Captain. I believe we managed to obtain the same crew who filmed their miniseries on H-60.
[18:35] <Mem> ::without taking his eyes off the screen, to Birkin:: Hakkar?
[18:35] <Thierry> +Com+ You might want Remil's real name for that form
[18:35] <Craig> ::finishes downloading the files from the jag NNet and goes back to the pile hoping to track down the cheetah's NNet next::
[18:35] <Birkin> It's stamped Hakkar. Too good to be locally made too. Caprician I'd say, yeah
[18:36] <Gabriel> ::nods at Ardelmos, then tilts his head a bit:: +com+ Say again, please.
[18:36] <Thierry> +Subvoc+ Can't find anything interesting on either guess, but "Remil" gave you a fake name...that or she dosen't exist
[18:36] <Savant> The two criminals exchange glances, but they seem to be resigned to their fates at this point, so don't protest
[18:36] <Thierry> <Guest>
[18:37] <Thierry> <and he instead>
[18:37] <Ardelmos> ::pulls the lid off of his cawfee mug, steam exploding upwards -- he sets it aside and lefts the mug in front of him, but doesn't take a sip::
[18:37] <Mem> ::stops suddenly and goes back a window::
[18:37] <Mem> Ah, there we go. Installed last season... ::points at the list of numbers and cryptic words::
[18:38] <Craig> ::smiles as he finds the cheetah NNet and brings that over to the table, stacking it on top of the jag's NNet::
[18:38] <Gabriel> ::chuckles:: Ah bureaucracy. An entire Earth fleet falling on us to enslave Northern, Southern, and Badlander alike and the paperwork gods still have to be appeased. +com+ Thank you, Doctor. I'm sure Mister Remil doesn't have any records. So many Badlanders don't, you know.
[18:38] <Joanna> ::looks at the screen Mem's pointing to::
[18:38] <Mem> The laser... ::points at the serial numbers::
[18:38] <Mem> ::traces over to the time index:: Last season.
[18:38] <Gabriel> Anyway, that's all, I think. ::stands up, tucking his pen away and gathering his papers:: If you have any final requests, give them to the Senior Sergeant.
[18:39] <Craig> ::runs the same diagnostic and search commands he did with the jaguar::
[18:39] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::snorts and says nothing::
[18:39] <Ardelmos> ::smiles, but in the 'this man isn't quite right' kind of way::
[18:39] <Mem> ::traces over:: Where are these coordinates? ::glances over at a map on the Den Mother console::
[18:40] <Gabriel> Senior Sergeant, let's have them cleaned up, heads shaved, and given some proper clothes. If we're gonna transmit their deaths to that CEF fleet, we really shouldn't give them the impression that all Terranovans are such peasants.
[18:40] <Joanna> ::looks at where Mem is now looking, trying to follow his work::
[18:40] <Joanna> That's Karaq Wastes, right?
[18:41] <Mem> Looks like it. Not sure if that tells us anything new, though.
[18:41] <Gabriel> It's a pity the battle footage is so poor. You would have expected a group as fearsome as the Bloody Twelve to put up more of a fight. Still...
[18:41] <Ardelmos> Of course not Captain. I'll see to it that they look nothing like they do now. Their own people will barely recognize them.
[18:41] <Gabriel> ::heads for the door, turning his back on the prisoners::
[18:41] <Thierry> ::Chuckles as he listens to gabe, working his way over to where he could be seen by the captain exiting the room::
[18:42] <Birkin> ::raises an eyebrow:: You say this thing was installed less than a season ago? Thats how old the gun itself is, probably taken straight out of the packaging and onto the gears
[18:42] * Savant sets mode: +v LrdVampyre
[18:42] <Mem> ::leans back against the hull of the gear, one leg in and the other of the cockpit, thinking::
[18:42] <Gabriel> ::opens it, goes through, closes it behind him, his papers very much on display until they're not::
[18:42] <Craig> ::hmms as the printout appears for the cheetah nnet:: is it normal practice to tear apart and test systems while a neural net is running?
[18:42] <Ardelmos> ::waits for the door to shut behind Thierry:: Speaking of not looking like you do now... ::shoots his arm forward, throwing the scalding cawfee out of the mug and directly into Remil's face::
[18:43] <Gabriel> ::gives Thierry a very small wink, then turns on the audio monitor in the room::
[18:43] <Joanna> Means they're being supplied locally, were told how to install these things, and that they've been here for a while supplying stuff.
[18:43] <Thierry> ::Nods to Gabe:: Will the Senior Sergent require...expert assitance sir?
[18:44] <Birkin> ::shakes his head:: These arent local gear, Earther Girl. I think they have another Slepnir out there, and they just have a lot of spare guns in it waiting to be handed out to Badlanders who play ball witht hem
[18:44] <Gabriel> I think that's very likely, Doctor. ::waits, leaning against the wall::
[18:44] <Mem> ::glances at Craig:: What's that?
[18:44] <Joanna> I meant that the parts are being supplied locally by someone being supplied by the CEF.
[18:45] <Thierry> Very well sir. ::Enters the room , closes the door, and leans up against a wall::
[18:45] <Craig> ::points the to NNET:: this was online while a tech took apart one of the cheetah's shoulder actuators, tested it, then put it back together
[18:45] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::hisses at the heat and recoils, twisting against his chair restraints::
[18:46] <Gabriel> ::starts counting to one hundred in his head, rather slowly::
[18:46] <Ardelmos> ::tilts his head to the side, then backhands Remil across the face with the cawfee mug with the intention of knocking him unconcious::
[18:47] <Thierry> ::Looks to Roland:: Don't mind me sir, I'm just here to consult
[18:47] <Mem> ::looks over and down at Craig:: Means they were in a lab or something.
[18:48] <Ardelmos> ::tilts his head to the side and grimly smiles at Benawir:: There! Now you and I can....get to know each other. ::walks around behind the unconcious Remil and traces the mug along Benawir's shoulders and kneck::
[18:48] <Ardelmos> <<neck>>
[18:48] <Mem> Are the mechanics of it all legit?
[18:48] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::His head snaps back sharply and he's out::
[18:49] <Craig> a lab eh? that cave doesn't strike me as having lab facilities...
[18:49] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::she doesn't seem pleased, but nor does she seem intimidated:: This how you line up all your dates? Pussy.
[18:49] <Mem> ::looks at Joanna:: What do you know about the Sleipnir?
[18:49] <Thierry> ::Grins sligthly as Roland knocks out Remil::
[18:50] <Thierry> You wouldn't want to see his last date, took me an hour to put him back together
[18:50] <Gabriel> {{Fifty-nine, sixty. Sixty-one...}}
[18:50] <Craig> ::looks back at the screen:: and looks like this test was done 2 weeks ago
[18:50] <Ardelmos> Oh, you're not the one I'm interested in, honey. ::tosses the mug into the corner, then draws his knife and promplty plunges it into the unconscious Remil's shoulder blade, sitting down on the table in between the two of them::
[18:51] <Mem> ::back to Craig:: Find out if anything else looks strange. Why was the actuator removed?
[18:51] <Thierry> ::Walks behind Remil to make sure the wound isn't too serious and then settles against the opposite wall::
[18:51] <Ardelmos> So. ::glances between Benawir and Remil:: Which part of him do you think we should take off first? Unless, of course, there's an Earther you know of whom I'd be better suited to speak with about this.
[18:51] <Joanna> ::looks at Mem:: About as much as you do I'm sure.
[18:52] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::Smirks sourly and leans back as best she's able to in her restraints:: Take off his ears. He's got big, ugly ears. It'd do'im a favour.
[18:53] <Craig> ::punches up a timeline for 2 weeks ago in the NNet:: actually i'm more interesting in where this was done now
[18:53] <Gabriel> ::taps on his PDA, links it to the camera in the room, and has a look at Benawir's face, studying it closely::
[18:53] <Ardelmos> Great! ::pulls out the knife and places it along the top of Remil's ears:: Oh, by the way, you know whatever I take off him, I'm putting into place on you, right?
[18:54] <Ardelmos> I might have forgotten to mention that.
[18:54] <Ardelmos> ::looks at the ears:: You're right, they are big and ugly.
[18:54] <Thierry> As I said, his last date looked simply ravishing when he was done
[18:54] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::laughs as if that's funny:: Might want to swap'em for yours instead.
[18:56] <Ardelmos> Naw. I like mine. Lots of fond memories of what you and he are going to sound like.
[18:56] <Mem> ::watches Craig, still leaning back against the hull, waiting::
[18:56] <Savant> Craig gets some footage from the cheetah's neural net that's highly interesting. It rolls from dark caverns into a better-lit bay, cement and steel. A black battle frame is conspicuous as the Cheetah turns the corner.
[18:56] <Thierry> So, shall I prep our guests for their surgery sir?
[18:56] <Ardelmos> ::tilts his head slightly, looking at the ear for a moment:: Oh, right. Forgot. ::unclips Thierry's syringe case from his belt and opens it up, withdrawing the neural stimulator::
[18:56] <Craig> well now.... this is definetly worth keeping
[18:57] <Ardelmos> ::hands it to Thierry:: If you don't mind. I think I overdid it the last time.
[18:57] <Mem> ::impatiently:: Come on with it.
[18:57] <Thierry> ::Takes the syringe:: Bien sur sergant.
[18:58] <Craig> ::downloads the footage to his PDA then turns to mem:: there's more frames on terranova
[18:58] <Thierry> ::Walks behind Benawir and injects the stimulant into her neck::
[18:58] <Savant> The Cheetah rolls to a stop when a tall, muscular Jan-class GREL comes out and holds up his hand, saying something inaudible to the camera. A few more come out and lead the Gear into a well-lit, emty room. The Gear is then deactivated.
[18:58] <Mem> But you don't know where?
[18:58] <Gabriel> {{Ninety-one, ninety-two, ninety-two-and-half, ninety-three-and-two-seventeenths...}}
[18:59] <Ardelmos> Actually...::looks between the two, waiting for the sedative to start taking effect:: Let's start with you, instead.
[18:59] <Joanna> Well, of course there's frames on Terra Nova.
[19:00] <Joanna> ::cuts off anything else she was going to say::
[19:00] <Gabriel> ::sets the papers on the ground, turns around to the door, and opens it just far enough to poke his head in:: Oh, and Senior Sergeant, when you have a moment... gah!
[19:00] <Thierry> ::Takes the other syringe and injects Remil::
[19:00] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::Grins a broad, vicious smile::
[19:00] <Gabriel> ::storms into the room:: Senior Sergeant, that'll do! Doctor! Put that syringe dow-- Prophet! The two of you! Out! Out right now!
[19:00] <Mem> ::to Joanna:: I'm gonna hook you up with some footage... just start watching... here. ::loads video from about the time the laser was installed on the Den Mother:: Use this to skip ahead, fast forward. This to go back, pause.
[19:01] <Ardelmos> ::glances between Benawir and Tynes a couple of times:: You sure? She's gonna enjoy this, just look at 'er.
[19:01] <Craig> the GPS was turned off before it reached it's destination ::looks through the log for the last location before the GPS was deactivated::
[19:01] <Joanna> Right. ::watches the footage::
[19:01] <Thierry> ::Gasps slightly and then obeys the Captain and walks out looking slightly annoyed::
[19:01] <Mem> ::climbs out of the Den Mother and heads over to Craig::
[19:01] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::snide:: Oh, Please. I'd love it so.
[19:01] <Ardelmos> See?
[19:02] <Mem> ::over his shoulder:: They weren't stupid, then.
[19:02] <Gabriel> ::more firmly:: That'll do, Senior Sergeant. Take Mister Remil to the base medical facility and get him cleaned up, as I ordered, and not by Doctor Thierry, please. That simply won't do.
[19:02] <Craig> ::curses:: it was deactivated shortly after leaving the twelve's base
[19:02] <Mem> Time to check every neural net we have and see if they slipped up.
[19:03] <Gabriel> ::shakes his head, turning around to gather up his papers, then carries them into the room, still obviously aggravated::
[19:03] <Ardelmos> ::grunts:: Oh, very well. ::wipes his knife off on Benawir's shoulder and resheathes it, checking Remil to makes sure he's still unconcious before loosening his restraints and dragging the man out of the room::
[19:04] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::makes a kissy face at Roland before sitting back, apparently terribly amused::
[19:04] <Ardelmos> ::drags Remil out of the one interrogation room and directly into the one across the hall::
[19:04] <Gabriel> ::shakes his head more as Roland drags the body out, then closes the door behind him, then turns to have a seat:: Miss Benawir, would you like to file a complaint against the Senior Sergeant? I'm terribly sorry. I should have realized. ::shakes his head::
[19:05] <Craig> ::runs a couple more commands on the NNet:: there is however a 2 hour travel time recorded, ok how far can a cheetah travel in 2 hours alone? and how about if all twelve went together?
[19:05] <Gabriel> He's from the Western Frontier Protectorate, and you know how badly things went for the people there. All the GREL. His entire family killed. And Doctor Thierry doesn't like those who murder Badlanders, being one himself.
[19:05] <Mem> Assuming it wasn't being shipped.
[19:05] <Ardelmos> Doc, give me a hand here. ::hauls Remil onto the chair and sets his restraints::
[19:05] <Mem> You can go a long way in two hours on, say, a Slep.
[19:05] <Gabriel> I should have realized. ::seems sincerely upset::
[19:05] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> Sure. Let's set the court date for 1965, hm?
[19:06] <Thierry> ::Assists Roland:: What's the captain up to?
[19:06] <Gabriel> Oh, well, your testimony would have to be posthumous, conditions being what they are. You understand, of course. ::brightens:: But I could trideo it from in here.
[19:06] <Craig> if it was shipped it wouldn't have a recorded travel time would it?
[19:06] <Ardelmos> Good cop. What are you, new? ::juts his chin to the prisoner:: Give'm yer meds and wake'm up for me.
[19:06] <Mem> ::nods:: Would've been sitting there with no power.
[19:07] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::shrugs, still not taking any of this seriously:: that'll do.
[19:07] <Mem> Wonder if we have any satellite images of the region.
[19:07] <Joanna> ::shouts from the cockpit:: Looks like a 6-16 to me.
[19:07] <Gabriel> ::launches into a idoit's version of a Revisionist sermon -- hurting people is bad, people should live in peace::
[19:07] <Mem> During this time period.
[19:07] <Thierry> ::Nods and preps a drug to revive the man::
[19:07] <Birkin> ::steps over to Craig:: Whatcha got for us here?
[19:08] <Mem> ::looks back to the Den Mother, not seeing Joanna, but hearing her:: What's that you said?
[19:08] <Ardelmos> ::moves over to the door and adjusts the clock above the frame to several hours ahead of time:: And if you have any spare blood packets I could borrow before he's fully awake, that'd be swell.
[19:08] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::Looks as if she's paying attention, though it's easy to see it's out of mockery than anything::
[19:08] <Joanna> Battle Frame, 6-16 model
[19:08] <Thierry> ::Injects the drug:: That stimulant should be just about reaching peak efficency. And sure ::Produces the blood::
[19:08] <Craig> ::looks over at birkin then replays the footage he found pointing out the battle frame:: bet you'd love to get your hands on that eh?
[19:08] <Mem> Is it in a lab or something?
[19:09] <Birkin> Another fucking Tiamat. Those bastards were hard enough to kill the first time. It looks like it might even have RAM plating on it. ::frowns::
[19:09] <Gabriel> ::segues from that to a very traditional discussion of a woman's place in a peaceful family home::
[19:09] <Craig> yeah it's a lab, on terranova, they still got a foothold here
[19:10] <Ardelmos> ::nods his thanks then pierces the bloodpack, smearing it up and down his arms, torso, weaponry, neck, and around his mouth:: I think that'll do, yeah? ::mockingly models for Thierry and sits down across from Remil::
[19:10] <Birkin> A full on lab? We know its coordinates?
[19:11] <Mem> No, we don't. It could be a Sleyp, somewhere in a Macallen cave.
[19:11] <Thierry> ::Pulls up a chair of his own at the end of the table, his medical kit on the table
[19:12] <Ardelmos> ::sets the point of his knife on the table in front of him, upright, and begins to spin it slowly while staring intently at Remil as the man begins to wake::
[19:12] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::Stares blankly at Gabriel. She has that scary Ive-killed-for-less-than-what-you're-doing-now sort of a hollow stare. she remains silent, though::
[19:12] <Thierry> ::Grins at Roland::
[19:12] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::slowly begins to come to, breathing heavy and hard::
[19:12] <Birkin> I say we get us some gas. Seal off the caves and let them have a few big breath of fresh air so to speak
[19:13] <Ardelmos> Hey, Remil. ::kicks one of the man's shins under the table:: Remil! Wake up!
[19:13] <Craig> but yeah we should check all the NNets we got, even the ones we picked up from the horwell gears, maybe they did slip somewhere or at the very least narrow down our search area
[19:13] <Mem> I mean, the frames don't fly themselves across billions of klicks of space.
[19:13] <Gabriel> ::segues from that to a discussion of how Remil looks like he could have been a good provider and it's too bad that the two of them won't be able to have a traditional family::
[19:14] <Savant> Remil Saladin> I doubt he's even *capable* of providing a family.
[19:14] <Mem> All right. Start looking for places a Sleipnir could set down and hole up in the Karaq Wastes region. That's all I can think of doing right now. Any other ideas?
[19:14] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::grumbles and his head raises a bit - he's awake. Woozy, but awake::
[19:14] <Birkin> Referance those points verses increased raider activity. See if you can find either a lot of attacks or a literal deadzone
[19:14] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> I doubt he's even *capable* of providing a family.
[19:15] <Thierry> Morning sunshine
[19:15] <Joanna> ::also looks at the other video Mem queued up::
[19:15] <Ardelmos> ::continues spinning the knife on the table in front of him, a small pool of blood forming on the table from what he had smeared on it from the pack:: Sorry about your face, but I needed some personal alone time with your girl. ::makes a show of glancing over his shoulder at the clock, then back at Remil::
[19:15] <Craig> i'd like to see what's left of the cheetah, find out exactly what they did to that shoulder actuator
[19:15] <Mem> Yeah, go be mechanical. ::to Craig::
[19:15] <Savant> Remil Saladin> Hnh.
[19:16] <Thierry> He did quite a number on her
[19:16] <Mem> ::to Birkin:: You done with those lasers? Was the other laser cannon Hakkar, too?
[19:16] <Ardelmos> ::ducks his head a little, trying to catch Remil's eye with his head bowed forward:: What was that?
[19:16] <Joanna> ::once she plays through, she rewinds and examines it closer::
[19:16] <Gabriel> ::rolls right over her objections and starts talking about his own children, pulling out photos and offering to dig up a vacation trideo on one of his PDAs::
[19:16] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::Speaks in a raspy tone at Thierry:: S'too bad for her.
[19:17] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> Oh would you, please? Nothing I love more than home videos.
[19:18] <Birkin> It was stamped Hakkar, I took one just like it apart before. ::moves back to the HPLC and begins to look at it for a few moments having experiance on taking this one apart as he quickly disasembles it::
[19:18] <Gabriel> Oh sure! ::digs one out and wirelessly transmits it to the video screen behind him, complete with annoying kids' toys noises, only keeps talking over the video, too::
[19:18] <Ardelmos> Oh, I dunno. She seemed to enjoy it at first. ::tilts his head to the side:: Maybe you will, too. Maybe you won't. 'course you can save yourself the trouble by telling us what we want to know, so we can corroborate her story.
[19:19] <Thierry> Oh yeah, she told us all about your earther friend
[19:19] <Joanna> ::whistles:: Roland ain't gonna like this. That's one of them "next-gen" GREL they've been growing.
[19:20] <Birkin> ::blinks:: They have SLEDGES here on TerraNova? Already?
[19:20] <Mem> ::was following Birkin to the HPLC, and instead detours back to the Den Mother:: What?
[19:20] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::He speaks in a very slow, drawn out manner:: and what... exactly... am I suposed to answer... if you don't ask... any ... questions?
[19:20] <Mem> ::climbs up most of the way to the cockpit, looking in at the monitor:: That's a SLEDGE?
[19:21] <Gabriel> ::starts talking about all the presents he's bought his children over the years to celebrate various religious holidays::
[19:21] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::sits back as if she's actually enjoying the show::
[19:21] <Joanna> Smarter, better brain-meats, flexible, but all the same tenacity and capacity you've grown to hate.
[19:22] <Joanna> And no, those aren't SLEDGES.
[19:22] <Joanna> They're still GREL. Version 2.0
[19:22] <Ardelmos> ::leans forward a little, setting the knife down on the table as some of the blood on his face drips through his stubble:: Because you should already know what I'm going to ask. ::leans back:: If you don't, well, I guess I could tell you. But that will cost you.
[19:22] <Mem> ::bites his bottom lip:: Where is this from? Where is this?
[19:23] <Thierry> And he charges alot for his time, trust me
[19:23] <Joanna> Could be right next door for all we know, but I'll bet it's close.
[19:23] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::grins grimly:: I'm a fair man, I like to pay.
[19:23] <Craig> ::finds the pile labeled "cheetah parts" and digs up the shoulder actuator:: hey birkin, give me a hand moving this over to the diagnostic table
[19:23] <Birkin> ::pulls himself away from the HPLC and goes over to Craig:: Alright lets not get a hernia here.
[19:23] <Ardelmos> Fair enough, ::draws himself up grabs the knife, walking around the back of Remil and slowly, methodically, performing the same cuts along the earlobe he did for the last raider -- though this time with the serum it would be a great deal more uncomfortable::
[19:24] <Gabriel> But listen to me babble on. Not like any of this matters to you in the slightest. I am curious, though. What could Earthers have possibly offered to you that was of any value to you? Was it simply the destruction of a way of life that you hate?
[19:24] <Mem> Dammit. We have battle frames inside of a thousand clicks, and probably a Sleipnir, and we can't find it?
[19:24] <Craig> ::grabs one side and waits for birkin to give the ready before lifting and moving to the table::
[19:24] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::shivers in his seet and grits his teeth, letting out a long hiss::
[19:25] <Birkin> ::nods and hefts the item up onto the table::
[19:25] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> Oh, you want to get serious now? ::Sits up:: Yeah, mostly.
[19:25] <Ardelmos> ::leans forward a little:: Did you know? Did you know you were working for Earth, or are you just now understanding?
[19:25] <Thierry> You know, I should point out, before I joined Les Talons, I was a Wild Springer. Remember us?
[19:26] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::grunts and spits out a reply between his clenched teeth:: Fuck you, farmboy.
[19:26] <Joanna> Don't look at me Mem. You're more likely to know where to hide on this planet than I would.
[19:26] <Savant> Remil Saladin> and *especially* fuck you, Toledo.
[19:26] <Mem> Not in the wastes, I wouldn't.
[19:27] <Mem> OK. ::starts typing into his computer::
[19:27] <Ardelmos> Oh, now, don't be like that. You seemed so willing to be asked questions. ::cuts a slit across the back of the man's neck, the skin pulling apart:: Of course, I already knew the answer to that one.
[19:27] <Joanna> ::continues to skip through the video:: Yup, all next-gen GREL. A Jan, two Morgana ::shudder:: and an Issac.
[19:27] <Thierry> Aw, didn't like me killing your freind back there?
[19:27] <Ardelmos> Your lasers. How did you obtain them from Mason?
[19:28] <Mem> Start doing some geography. See if the computer can find Sleipnir-sized holes in the Karaq Wastes. Might take a while.
[19:28] <Joanna> ::pauses playback when the video shows one spot:: Aaaand what the hell is that?
[19:28] <Mem> ::stops and looks at the monitor::
[19:28] <Joanna> ::points to a spot:: Isn't that the same sort of stuff our gears are coated in?
[19:28] <Craig> ::starts gathering tools and hooking up the actuator to the diagnostic machine at the same time responding to mem:: well if the CEF were planning on using the wastes as a landing zone, it's make sense to have a prefabbed base waiting here wouldn't it?
[19:29] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::still in a hissed, restrained tone:: In a box.
[19:29] <Thierry> ::Looks at the Knife:: May I have the pleasure sir?
[19:29] <Ardelmos> ::switches asking questions from one ear into the other:: Do elaborate when you respond. The less I have to ask, the easier this will be.
[19:29] <Gabriel> ::shakes his head:: So. Clear a landing zone for the new invasion of Terra Nova and then... what? Suicide?
[19:30] <Joanna> ::looks at it:: Guessing, maybe 6 feet tall. What's 6 feet tall and coated in that black stuff?
[19:30] <Mem> ::over his shoulder to Craig:: And we're gonna find it. Finish up with the actuator, and start looking square by square at the Karaq region.
[19:30] <Ardelmos> ::glances at Thierry:: And if it's easier, we don't have to get the doc involved. He knows so much more about this than I do.
[19:30] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::Shrugs:: Keep doin what I do. Anythin's gotta be better'n what we got on this miserable planet now.
[19:31] <Thierry> ::Grins evilly::
[19:31] <Gabriel> So, once Northern and Southern imperialists were replaced with Earther imperialists, raid and pillage them? ::looks sincerely sad:: Not much of a life.
[19:32] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> You don't get much a chance of a life out in the badlands, North.
[19:33] <Ardelmos> In a box, where? Was it delivered? Did you pick it up? How did you know when it was ready?
[19:33] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::snorts at Thierry:: Guess for once a Toledo's gonna actually be able to hit me.
[19:34] <Gabriel> ::chuckles:: You really believe that, don't you? Despite the fact that the people you murder are building lives out here. ::tells her about the two farmsteads north of Icehaven::
[19:34] <Savant> Remil Saladin> Came in the Peresalona run. Dropped ta a ranch.
[19:35] <Craig> ::starts running the diagnostics on the shoulder::
[19:35] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> Yeah, well, when ya try to build one and it gets rolled flat every time by some fucking league or security force or whatever, you sorta get tired of trying.
[19:35] <Mem> I have no idea what that is.
[19:35] <Mem> ::to Joanna::
[19:35] <Joanna> ::looks up at Mem:: 6 feet tall ain't much for a vehicle. Maybe a steath car or something?
[19:36] <Ardelmos> Horwell, yes? You impersonated them and picked it up with your own truck? How did you know it was going to be there? Where did the paperwork come from?
[19:36] <Thierry> ::Leans back in his chair, checking his 11 mm::
[19:36] <Gabriel> ::nods:: +com+ Doctor, how is Mister Remil?
[19:37] <Thierry> +Com+ Doing nicely sir according to the base medic
[19:37] <Savant> Remil Saladin> Got a phone call. He called us an said it was comin.
[19:38] <Joanna> ::to Mem:: 'cause I don't recognize that thing at all.
[19:38] <Mem> It's awfully small.
[19:38] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Doctor. Anything else to report on him?
[19:39] <Thierry> +Com+ He's awake if you'd like to speak to him sir.
[19:39] <Ardelmos> ::sighs:: Remil, you disappoint me so. ::inserts the knifepoint through the fold of skin he slit open on the back of the man's neck and begins twirling it slowly as he did on the tabletop:: Do. Not. Lie to me.
[19:39] <Mem> Why would you need to put stealth material on something small.
[19:39] <Mem> <<. / ?>>
[19:39] <Ardelmos> You're not very good at it ::singsong::
[19:39] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: It's why I thought, maybe a stealth car or something.
[19:39] <Joanna> If it's a hidden base, they've gotta get their supplies somehow, move things around without being detected.
[19:39] <Gabriel> ::suddenly turns all business:: +com+ There's no need to be coy, doctor. My guest cannot hear you. Is he going to be of any use?
[19:39] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::Sits up stock-straight and gasps, tears welling out of his eyes::
[19:40] <Thierry> +Com+ I think so sir. The Senior Sergant has him talking
[19:40] <Ardelmos> ::pauses for a moment, steadying the knife:: Again. The truth this time. Do remember we've already spoken with the others.
[19:40] <Gabriel> ::nods:: +com+ Thank you, Doctor. Good work. ::stands up::
[19:41] <Savant> Remil Saladin> Fuck fuck FUCK! Fine! Fuckers delivered the guns to us bout two hundred klicks north of Toledo.
[19:42] <Thierry> ::Pulls out a PDA and pulls up a map and tosses it on the table:: Show us
[19:42] <Craig> ::picks up some tools and starts pulling the actuator apart::
[19:42] <Ardelmos> How were the goods delivered? Truck? Gear? Frame?
[19:43] <Gabriel> ::gathers up his papers:: Well, Miss Benawir. It would be merciful to kill you, but evil must be opposed, so I will not offer you that mercy. You're going to live a long time yet. Certainly long enough to be tried. Certainly long enough to spend quite a number of years in a Northern Guard military prison, watching your body fail you, day by day. Certainly long enough to know how badly you fared in your final battle.
[19:43] <Ardelmos> ::slowly begins retracting the knife from under the fold of skin::
[19:44] <Savant> Remil Saladin> They had two antelopes, an'I heard hover engines. ::After a pause, he holds his finger out and points at the spot on the map::
[19:44] <Gabriel> Who knows? Perhaps your plan will even succeed. Perhaps you will be rescued by a Mordred. I doubt it, but anything's possible.
[19:44] <Thierry> ::Zooms in on the area the man indicated:: Thank you Mr. Saladin...or would you prefer to give us your real name
[19:44] <Joanna> ::still looking at Mem, but he seems lost in thought::
[19:44] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:45] <Mem> ::glances at Joanna:: All right. We're just going to have to do this the hard way. Start staring at maps.
[19:45] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> Rescued? ::snorts:: doubt it. They don't give a flying ferret 'bout us. They used us and we used them, plain and simple.
[19:45] <Gabriel> Yes indeed. Your life has been hard, but it is not my place to change God's judgment of you, so we will continue His judgment, in the Prophet's name. Good bye, Miss Benawir.
[19:45] <Craig> ::looks over all the pieces of shoulder laid out on the table frowning:: well guess the only info i can get from that was these people took good care of their gears, was soo hoping to find caprician augments....
[19:45] <Joanna> I can hardly wait. ::Doesn't have to try hard to keep the joy out of her voice -- there is none.::
[19:46] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::sits back again, looking only the tiniest bit upset::
[19:46] <Savant> Remil Saladin> That's my name.
[19:46] <Gabriel> ::leaves the room, closing the door behind him, and again leans against the wall and turns on the audio pickup::
[19:46] <Mem> Gonna start a full dump of this net and filter through everything later. Feel free to start getting familiar with every nook and cranny in the Karaq Wastes. Let the computer help you out.
[19:46] <Thierry> Funny how you don't seem to exist then
[19:47] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::from inside the room, after a few minutes, Gabriel can her an exasperated sigh, and then:: Well, shit.
[19:47] <Joanna> ::ruefully:: Ah, the com-pue-ter, my arch nemesis. ::manages to climb out of the cockpit::
[19:47] <Ardelmos> Where were you contacted from, and what did they want from you? Or were they just giving you this weaponry from the bottom of their heart and you had no thought of why?
[19:48] <Gabriel> ::leaves his comm unit tuned into the interrogation room and heads for the medbay to see how Roland and Thierry are faring::
[19:49] <Joanna> ::hops down from the gear and heads over to the computer console::
[19:49] <Thierry> +Com+ Should mention we're next door sir
[19:49] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::slouches, bleeding and angry:: We met'em in a little dive near Whitegrass. He said he was lookin for guys like us. WAnted to get our help in clearin out the Wastes. Paid real well, too. I knew he was lyin, but I didn't give a shit.
[19:49] <Gabriel> ::skids to a halt, turns around and heads back in the other direction::
[19:50] <Ardelmos> There's more. Keep going.
[19:51] <Joanna> ::Starts working at the computer, pulling up the maps in the area and overlaying a circle of the projected range of a CEF hovertank or frame::
[19:51] <Gabriel> ::listens at the door for a moment, then taps on the door once and enters, closing the door behind him and leaning against the back wall::
[19:51] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::exhales a huffed breath:: He came by maybe once every two weeks, 'fer almost a cycle now I guess. I- ::stops as the door opens::
[19:51] <Joanna> ::that done, keeps the circles overlaid over the map and scrolls the map under it, looking for likely hiding places for a base::
[19:51] <Gabriel> ::says nothing, just leans against the wall::
[19:51] <Thierry> ::Nods to Tynes:: Ah, Capitaine, thank you for joining us.
[19:52] <Ardelmos> ::looks up at Tynes, then back at Remil:: Captain, would you care to show Mr. Saladin his Earther friend?
[19:52] <Gabriel> ::nods and makes a "keep going" hand motion:: If it's needful. I expect Mister Farrell will be calling one of the groups we subverted before too much longer, so it really isn't necessary.
[19:52] <Ardelmos> ::continues:: Where did he come from, and how did he travel? When was the last time he was here?
[19:53] <Mem> ::heads out of the hangar and into the base::
[19:53] <Savant> Remil Saladin> He never said where he came from, just where we'd meet. Usually showed up with a GREL. Usually a jeep. Sometimes on foot.
[19:53] <Gabriel> ::palms a PDA out of sight of Saladin, sets it to record and transmit to Benawir's room to give her some company, making sure the microphone in the room is still piped to his earpiece::
[19:53] <Craig> ::goes over to joanna:: i'm guessing the cheetah had to get a new shoulder replacement, would go along with the tests it recieved, they must have thought it'd be better than giving it a proper field test, anyway i'm done with that now, need an extra pair of eyes on that map?
[19:54] <Thierry> ::Continues to watch with a wierd look of pleasure on his face::
[19:55] <Ardelmos> On what frequency did he transmit, and to what location? ::a little more quietly:: And be very careful here, Mr. Saladin. How would you respond to his communications?
[19:55] <Joanna> Mmm? ::not paying full attention to Craig::
[19:55] <Gabriel> ::watches Saladin closely::
[19:56] <Craig> ::looks at the screen:: making progress?
[19:56] <Ardelmos> ::hovers the knife closely to the back of Saladin's neck while awaiting a response::
[19:56] <Joanna> ::finally notices Craig:: Oh. Yeah. ::points out a few spots:: Computer pointed out some old firebases in the area, plus some holes in this "MacAllen" network thing that could be opened wide enough.
[19:57] <Savant> Remil Saladin> Shit, I dunno the frequency. It's on the computer. I don't memorize that shit. Somewhere in the 75-range. He'd find us somehow, he'd usually call me when I was in Gear, an we'd set up a time.
[19:57] <Mem> ::stops and listens through a door to see if he can find the captain::
[19:57] <Savant> Remil Saladin> I watched my back, I'm sure he watched his. We wasn't freinds. We was usin each other.
[19:57] <Gabriel> ::swings the PDA up long enough to tap in "check Jaguar comm system for old comm records" and transmits it to Mem and Craig::
[19:58] <Thierry> He bring any friends along?
[19:58] <Gabriel> <<edit: Jag -> Den Mother>>
[19:58] <Savant> Remil Saladin> Yeah, big ole purple piece'a shit.
[19:58] <Gabriel> ::continues to watch Saladin while listening to Benawir's room::
[19:59] <Ardelmos> I am going to summarize what you've told us now, and you're going to point out anything important which you've....neglected to tell us, understand?
[19:59] <Craig> ::hears a beeping on his PDA and takes a peek::well looks like i got another job, you seem to be doing well enough, just keep in mind the macallen network is probably bigger than the tunnels of gommorah
[20:00] <Savant> Micheline Benawir> ::Benawir is mostly quiet, though she occasionally mutters things like,:: Thrilling trideo you folks have up here ::as a comment on the video on her screen::
[20:00] <Joanna> ::starts noting down the various locations:: A lot of places to look, and nowhere near enough time. ::looks to see if any of those places are within the radii of important targets, like trade routes, settlements, etc.::
[20:00] <Ardelmos> You met this man in a dive bar near Whitegrass, who claimed he was looking for raiders like you to clear out the Wastes. Paid well. He contacted you every two weeks and arranged a meeting location where he'd arrive with GREL escort. Your lasers were obtained from him 200 kilometres north, from two Antelopes -- yet you heard hover engines during the rendezvous.
[20:01] <Savant> Remil Saladin> Yup. We woudln't meet every two weeks, but he'd check in.
[20:02] <Ardelmos> ::slips the knife just under the fold of skin but doesn't press:: And what aren't you telling me?
[20:02] <Craig> ::goes to check up on the search mem started on the den mother's NNet and looks to see if it found the comm records gabriel asked for::
[20:02] <Gabriel> ::watches Saladin particularly closely for signs of deception::
[20:02] <Joanna> ::leans back, having filtered it down to a handful of likely choices::
[20:02] <Thierry> ::Gets the truth serum ready, just in case::
[20:02] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::inhales sharp:: He asked us some favours sometimes.
[20:03] <Ardelmos> Such aaaaaaas?
[20:03] <Savant> Remil Saladin> Get that knife outta my neck an i'll tells ya.
[20:03] <Ardelmos> ::flicks his eyes at Tynes::
[20:04] <Gabriel> ::nods at Roland::
[20:04] <Ardelmos> ::slowly and carefully withdraws the knife::
[20:06] <Mem> ::finds his way back to the hangar, getting Tynes's message::
[20:06] <Mem> Eh, I couldn't find them. Probably still roughing those two up.
[20:07] <Joanna> ::now that she's picked those places of value, it's a question of where the CEF might set up something
[20:07] <Mem> ::to Craig:: Get that freek yet?
[20:07] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::Exhales:: He sometimes'd ask us ta hit certain things an'do certain things. We got them lasers cause we let'em take a lok at sparky's cheetah when we got it an upgrade.
[20:07] <Joanna> ::That is, if she were a CEF commander, and had this info, what would SHE pick::
[20:08] <Ardelmos> Do elaborate on what 'certain things' they asked you to hit and do. Everything you know of.
[20:08] <Craig> ::stares at the screen as mem walks in::the shoulder didn't amount to much, joanna's making progress with the maps and gabriel wants the comm records from this den mother
[20:09] <Mem> ::climbs up into the Den Mother, reaching across Joanna carelessly::
[20:09] <Savant> Remil Saladin> We dropped in on Toledo twice, killed some'a those fuckers ::grins at Theirry:: An' shot up a Peresalona flight some with that fancy gun. Tapped Icehaven, too.
[20:09] <Mem> ::climbs up into the Den Mother, and into the seat::
[20:09] <Thierry> ::Snarls at the mention of the raids on Toledo::
[20:10] <Mem> ::flicks on the comm panel of the Den Mother:: He said 75-something. That's easy enough.
[20:10] <Mem> <<Assuming Gabriel included that info.>>
[20:11] <Ardelmos> ::straightens behind Saladin, bringing the knife down beside him to indicate to Tynes that if he's got anything to ask, now'd be good::
[20:11] <Gabriel> ::quietly:: And gave them a close look at the most advanced Gear actuators on this planet.
[20:11] <Gabriel> Who was it that you "let" look at the Cheetah? Describe him.
[20:12] <Mem> There we go. ::points at the panel:: Find that in the logs.
[20:12] <Mem> ::climbs out of the Den Mother::
[20:13] <Joanna> Hmm... I think that's about the best I can do... ::takes the top three locations she most likely would pick and notes them down, plus anything of interest about them::
[20:13] <Mem> ::goes over to Joanna:: Your eyes sore yet?
[20:13] <Thierry> ::Pulls out a scalpel, hoping the Raider didn't answer right away::
[20:13] <Savant> Remil Saladin> ::Inhales a bit at Roland's implicit threat, but doesn't quaver:: Was a GREL, one'a mechanics. Red eyes. Dresed up in a mask, hard to see much other'n that.
[20:13] <Craig> ::returns to staring at the screen as mem leaves:: thanks a bunch
[20:14] <Ardelmos> ::pulls back his lips, exposing his teeth::
[20:15] <Joanna> Nope, not yet. Just... not easy to narrow things down.
[20:16] <Mem> ::looks at Joanna's screen::
[20:16] <Joanna> ::points to the screen:: That's my best guess for the top three locations. There's a handful more they could be at, but those are the ones most likely.
[20:16] <Gabriel> He? She? Did the GREL take notes? Was its skin purple? Elaborate on this a bit, if you please.
[20:16] <Joanna> All three of those are underground.
[20:17] <Mem> Have you checked these locations with the raider activity?
[20:17] <Savant> Remil Saladin> A'coarse it was purple. He, fer sure, had a man's voice. Sparky helped'im take out the shoulder an he took it apart, took pictures an notes, then put it back tagether all tidy.
[20:17] <Thierry> ::Still has a nasty look on his face::
[20:18] <Joanna> ::shakes her head:: No. I'm assuming the raiders we caught were responsible for some or all of the raids
[20:19] <Joanna> That means there's no tie-in between raids and where the CEF is hidden. No, this is based on proximity to high-value targets of military value, like settlements, trade routes, etc. -- not just attacks.
[20:19] <Craig> ::runs a search throug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:00] * Fraser has joined #bt05
[18:00] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
[18:00] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:00] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:00] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +oo Mem Thierry
[18:00] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:00] <Thierry> ::Attn::
[18:00] <Ardelmos> ::attn::
[18:01] <Savant> good evening and welcome once again to another exciting episode of the Black Talons. I hope that everyone is riled up and ready to go, as this could promise to be a very interesting scenario indeed.
[18:01] * Craig has joined #BT05
[18:01] <Mem> Holly good
[18:01] <Mem> *Jolly
[18:01] * Savant sets mode: +o Craig
[18:01] <Thierry> Interesting...hah
[18:02] <Savant> Now, apparently some time this week, some guy used #LemOS as a staging ground to bot-attack the rest of the server. The channel was unregistered and suspended by the IRC politzei, who have since apologized for the trouble
[18:02] <Savant> I've re-registered but I don't think i have everyone back on the list. If you aren't on auto-op with your regular registered nickname, let me know after the game and I'll put you on the list again
[18:03] <Savant> that being said, we'll hop to the briefing. It's, er, brief.
[18:03] <Savant> A Traitor in Our Midst
[18:03] <Savant> 11 Winter TN 1944, 3500h - near midnight
[18:03] <Savant> ~100k SE of Icehaven, Rahnguard Region
[18:03] <Savant> -2 degrees Celcius, 05% humidity
[18:03] <Savant> Now that the CEF has reappeared in-system, the Black Talons have little time left to locate their prey. They've finally been able to arrange a meeting with Mason, a suspected CEF operative.
[18:03] <Savant> His directives were clear - "Karn", the name Thierry has chosen as his cover, is to come alone, and with no military equipment. The meeting shall be arranged at night, and Mason has made no indication of his own bodyguard or support. Chances are, Mason wishes to speak from a position of strength...
[18:03] <Savant> Please acknowledge when ready.
[18:03] <Ardelmos> acky
[18:03] <Gabriel> ack
[18:03] <Mem> ack
[18:03] <Joanna> ack
[18:04] <Thierry> ack
[18:04] <Savant> I'm going to allow you a little time to harden up a plan, if you need it. That being said, any questions?
[18:04] <Thierry> ::Raises::
[18:04] <Savant> Thierry
[18:04] <Craig> ack
[18:04] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:04] <Thierry> Define "Military equipment" if you would
[18:05] <Savant> vehicles. Bring a gun if you must, but no Gears, tanks, jeeps-with-machineguns, etc.
[18:05] <Savant> don't worry, you're all on the same side, right? ^_-
[18:05] <Craig> you drive in on a plain truck
[18:05] <Thierry> So armor, comm gear, etc?
[18:06] <Joanna> Bring an ATV with a canister of gas on front Wink
[18:06] <Savant> that interpretation is up to you. He didn't specify armour or communications gear.
[18:06] <Ardelmos> Don't go in a turtleshell. Wink
[18:07] <Craig> a flak suit is probably fine
[18:07] <Savant> Gabriel?
[18:07] <Gabriel> Not a question, a disposition of equipment. Gabriel: thermal scoped BIL + tripod + combat load-out (R25 + grenade launcher) + stealth suit + light flak underneath. Roland: Nightshade stealth suit, sniper rifle, whatever additional weapons he likes. Birkin: Aegis, anti-gear, whatever additional weapons he likes.
[18:07] <Gabriel> Supporting us, Mem in Shepherd (HLC instead of standard rifle), Craig in Swifty (SLC instead of standard rifle). Gabriel's also got a portable satcom buried and 2km of fiber optic line.
[18:07] <Ardelmos> Standard additional weapons for Roland.
[18:07] <Savant> very good. I've no issue with that.
[18:07] <Thierry> Definatly bringing a gun, something generic and beat up. Light flak, helmet with a comm set. Hes going to try and keep his face obscured. He'll have his goggles, hooded poncho, mask, etc.
[18:07] <Craig> ooh gonna give the SLC a try again eh?Smile
[18:08] <Gabriel> Yep. If we have to start shooting, Gabriel will be telling Craig to burn faces off with it. Wink
[18:08] <Birkin> I'll take a sub with three clips as a panic gun and my silenced talon pistol again with an extra clip. two smoke gernades.
[18:08] <Savant> typical badlander look, then. goghles, mask, poncho, cowl, the whole she-bang.
[18:08] <Thierry> That's the idea Smile
[18:09] <Joanna> <Thierry> I'm Desert Batman!
[18:09] <Savant> do you guys need a few minutes to concrete a plan?
[18:09] <Gabriel> Gabriel's grenade load-out is two frag, two concussion, two sleep, two flash-bang. Flash-bang in the rifle grenade launcher.
[18:09] <Thierry> I think I got Theirry's part down Smile
[18:09] <Gabriel> No, I think we're basically pretty good, though a report from Joanna on what thermal traces are in the meet zone would be good.
[18:10] <Ardelmos> Roland will have, ahead of time, identified all the good places to hide from the satellite recon -- including those which Mason's backup is likely to use. Wink
[18:10] <Joanna> If I may, I'd like to roll up CEF Trivia to help out in suggesting how their tactics might cover this sort of meeting.
[18:10] <Craig> ooh ::raises::
[18:11] <Savant> before we begin, I'll allow Gabriel a Combat Sense / CRE cpx 2 roll, Joanna that Trivia/KNO cpx 2 roll, and some Stealth/CRE cpx 1 rolls from everyone else.
[18:11] <Savant> Craig?
[18:11] <Thierry> Except me right?
[18:11] <Craig> we using maptool tonight? if so, link to the new build please?Smile
[18:11] <Savant> Thierry, you can make yourself a Disguise/CRE cpx 1 roll if you would like
[18:12] <Savant> i don't think we'll need Maptool tonight.
[18:12] <Savant> but who knows ^_^ maybe
[18:12] <Craig> link, just in case then?Razz
[18:12] <Thierry> What's he need to roll disguise for, he's looking like...well himself Smile
[18:12] <Ardelmos> Disguise
[18:13] <Savant> to look like a convincing badlands ruffian. He's a badlander, but not a rover.
[18:13] <Gabriel> ::stage whispers:: Senior Sergeant, punch him in the face, then scuff him up some.
[18:14] <Thierry> Um...he'd have to have the skill first
[18:14] <Ardelmos> ::grins::
[18:14] <Joanna> So the Senior Sergeant looks like a Cylon? Wink
[18:14] <Savant> you can roll unskilled if you want to try it, or spend an emergency dice to have it temporarily at level 1
[18:14] <Thierry> Sounds like a plan Smile
[18:24] <Savant> okay. Is there anything else that we need to set up?
[18:25] <Savant> don't think so
[18:25] <Gabriel> Don't believe so. I'm assuming we can get within 600 meters on foot, 1000 meters in Gear?
[18:25] <Gabriel> Or is that unreasonable?
[18:25] <Savant> that seems reasonable.
[18:25] <Gabriel> Those are the starting ranges, then.
[18:25] <Ardelmos> Extreme range. Blegh. Oh well.
[18:26] <Savant> very well. Let's, then.
[18:26] <Gabriel> Chuck Norris doesn't shoot from extreme range. Chuck Norris is extremely rangy.
[18:26] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:26] <Thierry> ::Nervously awaits Mason in the cab of the truck::
[18:26] <Savant> It's a cold night int he Badlands - the temperature's dipped below freezing, and even those in temperature-controlled suits are finding it a bit cool. Having to sit still for so long isn't helping much either.
[18:27] <Joanna> +com+ Lights, 500 meters away about. Headlights.
[18:28] <Mem> ::finds a good place to hull down and watch the action::
[18:28] <Savant> Thierry finds himself alone in a valley at the co-ordinates he was given. There's no roads, no signs of life. He's likely beginning to wonder if anything was going to happen at all when a pair of headlights lit up the horizon at the edge of the ravine.
[18:28] <Joanna> ::her voice is somewhat wooden... she's doing her best to keep her anger out of the chatter::
[18:28] <Ardelmos> ::scans the terrain with the macrofilter built into his stealth suit's helmet, shifting his gaze between all the spots he picked out before hand which, were he on the 'other team', he would use for cover and ambush::
[18:29] <Thierry> ::Quietly in the truck:: May the prophet protect me
[18:29] <Gabriel> ::checks to make sure all his reflective surfaces are covered and in particular the thermal sight on his BIL is closed, then raises his night vision binoculars:: +com+ This is it, people. Look sharp, and good hunting.
[18:29] <Craig> ::goes hull down at the edge of a ridge, pointing the sniper laser towards the meeting area::
[18:29] <Birkin> (wvq) Almost feels like I'm in the Noire with this thing on. ::smirks as he looks down his crude scope for the anti-gear rifle smirking as he sees the Badlander, and the lgihts coming up::
[18:29] <Savant> The truck doesn't seem very concerned about getting to Thierry quickly, nor does it leave its lights on - apparently it used the lights only to let Thierry know that they were close.
[18:29] <Gabriel> +com+ Pathfinder, keep an eye out for vehicles or shooters on foot. ::follows his own orders and swings his own binocs around to have a look at the surrounding terrain::
[18:30] <Ardelmos> ::continues to scan the terrain rather than focus on the truck approaching -- it hadn't stopped and no-one had emerged, so anyone covering the truck was still moving::
[18:31] <Thierry> ::Leaves the lights of his truck on, puts on his mask and goggles, pulls up his hood and steps out of the truck, his old carbine on the seat, a pistol at his hip::
[18:31] <Joanna> ::has already started looking around the area, looking at likely overwatch points::
[18:32] <Joanna> +com+ Nothing showing yet. Could just be hidden really well though.
[18:32] <Savant> The truck stops about two hundred meters from Thierry's own, and after a moment, the passenger side door opens.
[18:33] <Gabriel> ::zooms his binocs in on the driver side of the truck::
[18:34] <Savant> Two men come out. One of them is purple-skinned, tall and powerfully built. It's likely he's a Jan, but he's wearing a face mask to filter out the silt int he air. The other man is shorter and swarthy, with dark hair. He's dressed in heavy Badlander's robes, concealing anything he might be carrying or wearing.
[18:34] <Thierry> ::Takes a deep breath and walks towards the man...and GREL::
[18:34] <Savant> Man> ::waves a hand and calls out:: Turn off your lights.
[18:35] <Ardelmos> ::lets Tynes monitor the situation at the truck, keeping his eyes out for whomever is likely backing up Mason and his vathead buddy::
[18:36] <Thierry> Monsieur Mason I presume?
[18:37] <Thierry> ::A sense of nervousness was in his voice, a genuine one. Fortunately he was supposed to be nervous in this role::
[18:37] <Savant> Man> Nah, kid. He's busy. Name's Buchene. I hear you got trouble.
[18:37] <Gabriel> +com+ Target isn't Mason. Say again, target isn't Mason. Driver is a Minerva.
[18:38] <Ardelmos> ::snorts slightly to himself as he notes the Jan and continues scanning the area -- that meant there were others around -- likely Mordreds or Morganas::
[18:38] <Joanna> +com+ Confirmed.
[18:38] <Thierry> Yes...but...I thought...why couldn't he...
[18:39] <Gabriel> ::keeps the ear pointed at the meeting so that those nearby can listen in:: +com+ Lieutenant, search records, "Buchene".
[18:39] <Gabriel> ::zooms in further to check the face tattoos on the Jan and Minerva, if he can make them out::
[18:39] <Craig> ::curses:: +com+ why isn't mason here? could he be onto us?
[18:39] <Savant> Buchene Heathe> :: Has a bit of a Siberian accent, but has otherwise acclimatized well:: Sorry, kid, he's busy, like I say.
[18:40] <Mem> +com+ Checking.
[18:41] <Thierry> ::Rubs his chin:: Well how do I know he sent you? I mean, we just got slaughtered by the Northies...How do I know you're not northern intel or something?
[18:42] <Savant> Buchene Heathe> ::looks at the Jan beside him, then back at Thierry:: and how do I know you aren't? You're the one askin for our help, kid. Now, what happened? And why haven't I heard of you before? You weren't with the Dawgs last time we checked in.
[18:43] <Mem> ::checks his computer for the name Buchene::
[18:43] <Gabriel> +com+ Jan is Magni 12. Minerva's a Gondul 7. Bar code pattern is different from War of the Alliance spec. Batch numbers are smaller, too.
[18:44] <Ardelmos> ::patiently continues to scan the area, making sure to check behind them as well in the case that Morganas have surrounded them:: +com+ Are their eyes red?
[18:44] <Joanna> +com+ Newer models then - GREL 2.0
[18:44] <Mem> +com+ Buchene Heathe, listed on the roster of the Atlantis, Fifth Fleet.
[18:44] <Ardelmos> +com+ And if they've got a Jan, there're more GREL hanging around than just that Minerva... ::continues his visual scan with visible and thermals::
[18:44] <Gabriel> +com+ Can't tell eye color on UV night vision. But yeah, likely. ::swings the binocs over to Buchene and starts to describe him for Mem's benefit::
[18:45] <Thierry> Monsieur Roshenko recruited me a few days before...::Hung his head slightly:: When we went to attack ze northies, Monsieur Roshenko gave me an old hunter and told me to watch the fight and not get involved. I was one of only a few to survive
[18:46] <Gabriel> ::catches a brief reflection of the Jan's eyes in Thierry's truck's headlights as he turns:: +com+ Hello, red-eye. Yeah, confirm that. Red eyes.
[18:46] <Birkin> +com+ What about elsehwere, anyone see anything else moving around out there?
[18:46] <Birkin> ::scans the surrounding areas checking to make sure nothing has creeped up on them::
[18:47] <Joanna> ::listens to the commo, but there's really nothing she can do beyond listen and watch... Tynes is calling all the right shots and catching most of what she is::
[18:47] <Savant> Buchene Heathe> ::frowns and nods:: Who busted you up? You guys were supposed to be the best of the best out here.
[18:48] <Ardelmos> +com+ ::narrows his eyes as his thermal overlay picks up the slightest bit of heat diffusing from behind a ridgeline:: Captain, we have company; and whatever it is, the stealth system it's got is top notch.
[18:48] <Ardelmos> ::relays the bearing and distance::
[18:48] <Mem> ::checks the area Roland indicates on his map of the area::
[18:48] <Joanna> ::glances at the feed on her monitor to confirm or not::
[18:49] <Gabriel> ::swings his binocs over to have a look in the direction Roland indicated:: +com+ Any sign of vehicles, Senior Sergeant?
[18:49] <Joanna> +com+ Hold, we have nothing on the scope up here.
[18:49] <Thierry> I...I don't know. I didn't see any markings on the gears, at least ones I recognized. Zey were good though, slaughtered us in normal Cheetahs and Jaguars mostly
[18:49] <Savant> Buchene Heathe> ::rubs his chin, thoughtful for a moment:: Any markings?
[18:49] <Craig> +com+ i don't see anything from my position
[18:50] <Thierry> I couldnt see, I was pretty far from the fight. Probably ze only reason I lived
[18:51] <Savant> Buchene Heathe> ::pauses for a moment, then laughs as if amused:: Heh. You're lucky. Okay. What do you need?
[18:51] <Joanna> ::sigh, off-com muttering:: Not that I'd see anything from up here, since I'm doing absolutely nothing of any use.
[18:51] <Ardelmos> ::chews the inside of his lip slightly as he scans the ridgeline in the immediate vicinity of the diffuse heat bloom for further evidence of backup::
[18:53] <Gabriel> ::waits for the answer from Roland::
[18:53] <Thierry> ::Getting a more nervous tone now:: Well...almost all our gears were destroyed or are heavily damaged...zome more of those fancy guns. Only two of us lived too...
[18:53] <Ardelmos> If they're out there, I can't see them. That heat bloom's all I see.
[18:55] <Savant> Buchene Heathe> Sounds like you need money. Tell you what, kid. We'll dump some cash into your account at Icehaven. Enough to get you some Gears and equipment to set up a new base.
[18:55] <Joanna> ::tries checking around for likely places a frame might be hidden::
[18:55] <Birkin> ::sighs, wondering how much longer this will last, hoping they at least take this guy in::
[18:55] * dakabn has joined #bt05
[18:55] <Gabriel> ::chews on the inside of his cheek for a bit:: +com+ We'll risk it. Shepherd, go active. One ping only.
[18:56] <Joanna> ::a brief flip over to checking for metal doesn't help her any::
[18:56] <Thierry> That's all? If the northies are on to us...they'll hunt the rest of us down and kill us like Dawgs...
[18:56] <Joanna> ::pauses, goes back:: +com+ Not worth much, but where that heat plume is, there is a metal sig... but there's lots of those around here.
[18:56] <Ardelmos> ::briefly looks over at Tynes as he says that, then hunkers down and takes a bead on Buchene in the event it sets him off::
[18:57] <Savant> Buchene Heathe> ::smirks:: Whaddya want, kid? Ya got rolled. Be thankful you're alive. What else do you want from us? I mean, I'm listening, hm? We're on the same side here.
[18:58] <Craig> ::brings the V-engine throttle as low as it can go without stalling out to reduce heat emmision::
[18:58] <Mem> +com+ One ping, captain. Please confirm.
[18:59] <Thierry> ::Seems hestitant to ask this:: Protection. IT will take time to get all these things even with money. Can you protect us from ze northies?
[18:59] <Gabriel> +com+ Confirm. Go active, microseconds only, quiet as you can make it. Bounce it off a canyon, hide it if you can. But we're dead in the water if we can't see who's covering this meet.
[18:59] <Mem> ::glances at the sensor display and waits for confirmation, hoping this doesn't completely blow things for them::
[19:00] <Mem> +com+ Acknowledged. Pinging in five.
[19:00] <Ardelmos> ::tries to determine if that truck's windshield is bulletproof as he changes his target bearing onto the Minerva::
[19:00] * dakabn has left #bt05
[19:00] <Craig> ::takes another look around::
[19:00] <Ardelmos> ::figures Birkin can take it in any case, and changes his bead back onto Buchene::
[19:01] <Savant> Buchene Heathe> ::He seems a little put off by Thierry's request:: You get slapped and now you need a nanny? I thought you novs were tougher than that. .. ::then a pause:: Go to our second meeting place with your guys in two days. We'll hole you up.
[19:02] <Gabriel> ::uncovers the sight on the BIL and takes aim on the Jan::
[19:03] <Thierry> ::Nods nervously, but then looks up:: Where's that again, I'm sorry, I'm new...I'm not sure why the others thought I should be in charge...
[19:03] <Mem> +com+ Sensor update, captain. That's...weird.
[19:04] <Savant> Buchene Heathe> S'fine, kid. You'll do fine. Go back to your gang, or what's left of'em; collect whatever you can, and go to our second meeting place. Got that?
[19:04] <Mem> +com+ Looked like a defect at first, but it's not. Very small stealth targets, near Boomer. Might be infantry.
[19:04] <Thierry> ::Nods:: And if we need to reach you before then?
[19:05] <Joanna> ::tries to confirm on her end::
[19:05] <Ardelmos> ::rotates his bearing and examines the area immediately around Birkin::
[19:05] <Gabriel> +com+ Be more specific than "weird", Shepherd, and relay positions.
[19:05] <Savant> Buchene Heathe> ::Begins turning to go back to the truck:: Hide.
[19:05] <Thierry> Al...allright ::Heads back to his own truck::
[19:06] <Birkin> ::curses his luck and immediately begins to turn his senses around him trying to spy out his poential intruders::
[19:06] <Craig> +com+orders captain?
[19:06] <Mem> +com+ ::relays coordinates, Boomer-centric::
[19:06] <Ardelmos> ::accepts the relayed coordinates and overlays them onto his visual readout::
[19:06] <Gabriel> ::starts looking "near Boomer":: +com+ Let them go. Pathfinder, new tasking. Tell me where that truck goes.
[19:07] <Ardelmos> +com+ Can't see'm...but there's something wrong over there.
[19:07] <Mem> +com+ I recommend we get the three of you out of there. Now.
[19:07] <Mem> <<*four>>
[19:07] <Savant> The GREL and the keff get back intot heir truck, which turns around and drives off and back the way it came.
[19:08] <Gabriel> +com+ Negative. If they could see us, they'd be shooting at us. Hold position. ::looks in the more precise location that Mem provides::
[19:08] <Birkin> +com+ Somethings fucking near me. I can feel it. If I move these fucker's will take my head off
[19:08] <Thierry> ::Hops back in the cab of his own truck and waits a moment and then turned on the throat mic under his cowl as he started the truck:: +Com+ Order sir?
[19:09] <Mem> +com+ Copy. ::watches and listens, checking his own surrounding area, as well::
[19:09] <Joanna> +com+ Truck's moved under some cover... :: a beat :: I've lost 'em.
[19:10] <Birkin> ::goes absolutely still, controling his breathing and remembering his training::
[19:10] <Ardelmos> ::narrows his eyes on the form:: +com+ ....hello you fucking freak.
[19:10] <Gabriel> ::starts talking much more quietly:: +com+ Follow the headlights, Pathfinder. They've got to pop out somewhere.
[19:11] <Ardelmos> +com+ It's a....gear? Mini-gear? On its hands and knees, creeping towards Birkin. Ten feet and closing.
[19:11] <Birkin> +com+ They fucking looking right at me? God motherfucking dammit. Orders Captain?
[19:11] <Thierry> ::Starts heading back along the road the way they came in::
[19:11] <Ardelmos> +com+ Oh, they quite know you're there ::relays coordinates:: Requesting permission to fire.
[19:11] <Gabriel> +com+ Granted.
[19:12] <Joanna> ::exasperated:: +com+ That's what I've *been* doing, for the last 2 minutes. They're gone.
[19:12] <Gabriel> ::swings around slowly to get a bearing on Roland's target::
[19:12] <Birkin> +com+ how many of them?
[19:13] <Ardelmos> +com+ Only see the one. Don't move. ::slowly depresses the trigger in a smooth, fluid motion::
[19:14] <Ardelmos> ::feels the rifle kick back into his shoulder as the supressor muzzles most of the flash and the noise::
[19:16] <Savant> Rolands' rifle gives a kick and slams home about two meters behind Birkin - he hears it slam into metal, then a following hiss of escaping gasses
[19:16] <Ardelmos> +com+ There's your target. ::draws bead again::
[19:17] <Joanna> ::keeps an eye on any other movement on the ground::
[19:17] <Thierry> ::Continues driving, still a bit nervous, but glad to be away from the GREL::
[19:19] <Ardelmos> +com+ ...it's ain't movin'.
[19:20] <Ardelmos> ::takes the time to aim more carefully this time, finger ready to depress on the trigger again if the bastard moves:: C'mon you fucker. Give me a reason.
[19:20] <Joanna> ::slams her fist on the console... it's pretty clear she's fustrated being stuck up here::
[19:20] <Gabriel> +com+ Keep a watch on it, Senior Sergeant. Shepherd, Swifty, hold positions. Shepherd, keep your eye on those targets.
[19:20] <Ardelmos> +com+ Watch that heat bloom I picked up before.
[19:21] <Savant> Moments later, the black form behind Birkin explodes, sending shrapnel and fire everywhere
[19:21] <Mem> ::nods:: +com+ You want active pings again, captain, or do you want me to stay low?
[19:22] <Thierry> ::Hears the explosion and wonders what Roland hit, but starts driving away faster as if he's trying to escape::
[19:22] <Craig> ::sees the explosion:: +com+ ...was that a fire egg?
[19:22] <Ardelmos> ::spins back around as the form explodes to re-pinpoint the heat bloom he saw on the ridgeline before::
[19:23] <Savant> Seconds after THAT, there's a resounding CRACK that rips through the valley. Swifty nearly falls over as one of his Gear's knees almost disintegrates.
[19:23] <Birkin> ::jumps down from his apparently poor hiding place and begins to run:: +com+ Don't fucking wait on my behalf!
[19:24] <Gabriel> +com+ That tears it. Shepherd, go active, then find some cover. Dismount troops, fall back.
[19:24] <Mem> +com+ Active sensors up. You want countermeasures, captain?
[19:24] <Gabriel> +com+ Please.
[19:25] <Ardelmos> ::shifts his base of fire as the sound of a crack goes off and pinpoints another target up on the ridge -- he takes a bead and fires again smoothly::
[19:25] <Craig> +com+ i've been hit!
[19:25] <Thierry> Shit! ::Takes off driving for the most logical place to go::
[19:25] <Gabriel> +com+ Swifty, find some cover and lay low. Prepare to lay down anti-personnel grenades. We'll call you some coordinates.
[19:25] <Ardelmos> ::displaces as the rifle pushes back against his shoulder and the supressor does its work::
[19:26] <Mem> +com+ I see the thing that shot Swifty.
[19:26] <Gabriel> ::leaves the BIL where it is for now and displaces, swinging up his P-25::
[19:26] <Mem> +com+ Wallaby-sized.
[19:26] <Craig> +com+ aye sir! ::startes crawling for cover with switfy's good leg::
[19:26] <Joanna> ::tries to pull up the image their attacker on her console::
[19:27] <Ardelmos> +com+ ::slips behind cover as he displaces:: I think they're some form of powered turtleshell. A power suit.
[19:27] <Savant> Mem can see a brief glow of heat on his sensors, likely as the weapon that hit Swifty cools. Then another brief glare as Rolands' shot hits home - but it's impossible to tell whether it actually killed the vehicle or not.
[19:29] <Joanna> ::blinks:: Whoa. That's a mean one. ::Flashes the image she captured to the others::
[19:30] <Gabriel> +com+ Describe it, Corporal. I've got no video.
[19:31] <Ardelmos> +com+ And give us fucking locations!
[19:31] <Craig> ::takes a moment to assess the damage and finds the armor plating around the leg joints are pretty beat up but the joint itself is undamaged:: phew... better not let that happen again...
[19:31] <Joanna> 7 feet tall, big backpack. Gear-like.
[19:31] <Mem> +com+ ::relays coordinates of anything he spotted on sensors... but that was only the thing Roland just shot::
[19:31] <Joanna> Weapon system on the back. ::forwards locations::
[19:32] <Gabriel> +com+ Gear, or frame? Is it on hover?
[19:33] <Joanna> +com+ How the hell should I know, I've got crap for sensors up here compared to on the ground! All I know is it's in sniper position. You want me to tell you what's on its feet, I need in closer!
[19:34] <Savant> Macedon> ::The Radiation officer of Pathfinder speaks up, a bit put off:: We can see just fine up here, Captain. We only got a snapshot, it's a bit hard to read.
[19:35] <Joanna> ::mutters something about where Tynes should shove his moral center -- off comm of course::
[19:35] <Gabriel> +com+ Swifty, move in fast, direct fire HLC shot when you have one. Stay out of its line of sight as much as you can. ::heads back for the BIL, trying to stay under cover::
[19:35] <Gabriel> <<SLC, rather.>>
[19:37] <Craig> +com+ roger that! brings swifty up and makes his way towards the target, lining up boulders and ridges for cover as he goes::
[19:38] <Savant> After the thunderous sound of whatever it was that hit Craig, it's quiet. Awfully quiet. There's no further signs of the aggressors, and they have disappeared from even Mem's sensors.
[19:38] <Joanna> ::resumes trying to get better intel on what they're up against::
[19:38] <Mem> +com+ I've got nothing over here.
[19:40] <Gabriel> +com+ Swifty, Shepherd, move in, best speed. Latest intel indicates that frames might carry combat drones. Look for the launch vehicle.
[19:41] <Gabriel> ::sweeps up the BIL, pulls the backpack on, then starts moving toward Joanna's coordinates::
[19:41] <Craig> ::closes in on the target's last location, SLC ready:: +com+gotcha
[19:42] <Gabriel> +com+ Pathfinder, save me that snapshot. I'm going to want a good close look at it. Moving toward whatever it was.
[19:42] <Mem> +com+ Understood. ::lifts Shepherd out of its hull down position and accelerates towards Swifty::
[19:44] <Thierry> ::Continues on a course in the general direction of Icehaven
[19:45] <Ardelmos> ::slips through the rocks slowly as he moves alongside Tynes, maintaining his mandated distance while sweeping the area ahead of him with his eyes::
[19:46] <Craig> ::scans around for a vehicle:: +com+ i can't see anything out here, the attacker is gone too...
[19:46] <Gabriel> +com+ Senior Sergeant, was what you saw a mini-Gear or a potential drone? Describe it.
[19:46] <Savant> Thierry starts driving, eventually coming up to the proad, fifteen-meter-high fault line which cuts through the region. If he continues for about two hours, he'll reach Icehaven.
[19:47] <Mem> ::pulls up in formation with Swifty and pings the area again::
[19:47] <Savant> ((Broad, even. Broad.))
[19:48] <Joanna> +com+ Nothing on eyes here.
[19:48] <Savant> Swifty comes up to where he can easily see where the sniper was at. There's some wreckage of metal there, but otherwise nothing.
[19:50] <Mem> +com+ I don't see anything.
[19:52] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:52] <Gabriel> +com+ Understood, Shepherd. Sweep back to the other side of the ridge, and check out what attacked Sergeant Birkin.
[19:52] <Gabriel> ::approaches the location of the sniper::
[19:52] <Mem> ::breaks off from Swifty and heads back towards Birkin's first position::
[19:52] <Ardelmos> +com+ Can't really say, Captain. 'bout 7 feet tall, black, dome'd head. What was approachin' Birkin was on its hands and knees.
[19:53] <Joanna> +com+ If it was a drone, you mean legs.
[19:54] <Savant> Time starts to tick on - there's no more explosions or sniper shots, no more signs of any activity out here except for the smouldering remains of the one killed vehicle.
[19:54] <Craig> ::looks on the ground:: +com+ whoever hit me, left a bi-pod rifle here, a rather large one too
[19:54] <Gabriel> +com+ See any weapons? Is the CEF building GREL midgets now? ::reaches the ruins near Swifty's previous position and looks over the wreckage himself::
[19:55] <Gabriel> ::looks for the rifle::
[19:55] <Ardelmos> +com+ This is bullshit. Nothing can displace like this without being seen. ::stops under some cover long enough to catch his breath and scan the ridgeline and the departure vector of the truck with more intensity than when he was displacing::
[19:56] <Mem> ::rolls over to the wreckage and looks down at it::
[19:57] <Gabriel> +com+ If they were drones, I don't think they did. look for wires, cables, radio transmitters.
[19:57] <Gabriel> ::squats down near the rifle and has a closer look at it::
[19:58] <Joanna> ::listens to the radio chatter, but not being there to help look at things, there's little she can do but pound the console in frustration again::
[19:59] <Mem> +com+ This thing that was sneaking up on Boomer wasn't a drone.
[19:59] <Mem> +com+ I see purple. And blood.
[19:59] <Mem> +com+ Looks like it had some explosives inside of it.
[20:00] <Craig> ::picks up a chunk of the rifle and turns it over, looking:: +com+ it's not a laser weapon, but it's got a semiconducting capacitor, remote fired?
[20:00] <Gabriel> +com+ Nice shooting, Senior Sergeant. You didn't kill the shooter here, but you killed the gun, right enough. Not seeing emitter crystals, but I am seeing a capacitor clip. Railgun of some kind, maybe? Looks like only a Mordred could carry the thing.
[20:01] <Ardelmos> +com+ Mordred's can hide like these things can hide, Captain.
[20:01] <Craig> ::hears gabriel::+com+ wow, guess i'm lucky to be alive eh?
[20:02] <Gabriel> +com+ The thing's bigger than a Riley support cannon. Not quite vehicle size, but close.
[20:02] <Gabriel> +com+ Got some tracks here, back down the slope, then onto some rocks.
[20:03] <Joanna> +com+ ::sighs:: Whatever it is or was is probably whatever was in that video.
[20:04] <Gabriel> ::has a closer look at the tracks:: +com+ Tracks are too big to be even a Mordred. Not human. Big toe, big heel, high arch. Another of your mini-Gears?
[20:05] <Ardelmos> +com+ Sounds like it. Like I said -- something like a powered turtleshell. Exoskeleton.
[20:05] <Thierry> ::Pulls the truck to a stop a few kM away and waits for a pickup::
[20:05] <Ardelmos> +com+ With fucking Morganas inside, more likely than not. Can't think of anything else I've ever seen that's this good at staying unseen.
[20:06] <Mem> +com+ There was something purple inside this one that snuck up on Boomer.
[20:06] <Mem> +com+ So that seems likely.
[20:06] <Joanna> ::has her hand on her chin, watching the sensor feeds for any non-Talon activity::
[20:06] <Gabriel> +com+ Whatever it is stayed out of sight of even Shepherd's sensors. ::walks back and forth along the tracks::
[20:07] <Joanna> +com+ You guys showed up on Caprice with stealth equipment. Didn't think the CEF might figure out a way to use it against you guys?
[20:07] <Gabriel> ::squats again:: +com+ Got something. Looks like you winged it, Senior Sergeant. Oil or lubricant of some kind. ::digs out his pack, dumps out one of the containers from the hygiene kit, and takes a sample of the oil and sand together, then seals it back up::
[20:08] <Ardelmos> ::grunts tracks with his macrobinocular filter down the slope where Gabriel that he indicated the 'gear' departed::
[20:08] <Ardelmos> <<grunts &>>
[20:09] <Gabriel> +com+ Swifty, take the gun. It's damaged all to hell, but maybe we can figure out what it was. Shepherd, gather up what you can from the other wreck. Roland, if it was a railgun that went through Swifty's knee, the round will be depleted uranim or something damned heavy. Find it. Then we'll head back to the Spider. Time to make some calls.
[20:09] <Craig> +com+ in the trideo we found of the cheetah going into mason's base, didn't someone say they saw something 6or 7 feet tall and covered in what looked like our gear's stealth coating?
[20:10] <Ardelmos> +com+ ::frowns:: Captain. Those tracks? They just disappear into the sand.
[20:10] <Ardelmos> At the bottom of that slope, whatever it was stopped walking.
[20:10] <Gabriel> +com+ There's some rocks over on the east side. Thing probably climbed them.
[20:10] <Joanna> ::Sighs:: +com+ Gee, I wonder if I might have said something about that a few minutes ago. ::Dryly::
[20:10] <Gabriel> ::continues looking for more of the oil, trying to determine which way the thing went::
[20:10] <Mem> +com+ Ten marks says hover.
[20:11] <Joanna> +com+ If it were hover you would have HEARD it.
[20:11] <Gabriel> +com+ Indeed. There's no way to run a hover system that quiet.
[20:11] <Mem> +com+ The bet is ten marks. ::grins::
[20:12] <Gabriel> ::heads back to where Swifty got shot to look for the round himself, walking a straight line from the gun to where Swifty was hit::
[20:12] <Ardelmos> ::grunts and displaces, drawing a line in his mind between where the sniper was and where Swifty was hit and heading down that line::
[20:12] <Thierry> ::SLinks in the cab and waits::
[20:12] <Craig> ::picks up the pieces of the gun and heads for the spider::
[20:14] <Savant> Both Roland and Gabriel come across the same little elongated crater at about the same time. Infared sensor show it still slightly brighter in comparison to the surrounding turf, with a little seed of brightness buried within.
[20:14] <Ardelmos> +com+ Railgun. Good call.
[20:15] <Joanna> ::sighs:: Oh for hte love of... +com+ Thierry's stopped driving. He's parked.
[20:16] <Gabriel> ::nods and pulls out his vibroknife and turns it on, using it to cut into the hole, vibrating the chips away::
[20:17] <Gabriel> +com+ We'll pick him up in the Spider if he hasn't moved on. Mark his location for now. Did you lose Buchene's truck for good?
[20:17] <Savant> Before too long, Gabriel comes across the shell. It's miniscule - as small as a pebble - and blackened by its impact. By its rough shape, looks as if it partially liquefied at some point of its flight.
[20:17] <Joanna> +com+ If I had you would ahve been the first to know. ::off-comm, she curses her CO::
[20:17] <Gabriel> ::pockets the round for later analysis then turns off and sheathes his knife::
[20:18] <Thierry> ::Takes a minute to pull himself together and then keeps going, cursing to himself::
[20:18] <Ardelmos> ::hefts his rifle and sets it back onto his shoulder:: +com+ This was cat and mouse. They knew it was a set up.
[20:19] <Gabriel> +com+ Back to the Spider, everyone. Shepherd, Swifty, once you've finished your salvage, run escort.
[20:19] <Mem> +com+ Copy.
[20:19] <Craig> +com+ on my way
[20:19] <Mem> ::grabs what he can with Shepherd and rolls off towards the Spider rendezvous::
[20:19] <Craig> ::continues to the spider::
[20:21] <Savant> Eight fitful hours pass... some of you manage to get some sleep, some of you are likely still filled with adrenaline. Some of you are doing paperwork. However, you all collect at 0800 within the confines of Nothern Guard Base Sesshu.
[20:22] <Mem> ::sits in the conference room with his legs propped up on the back of a chair, leaning back, snoring softly::
[20:22] <Ardelmos> ::sits with a mug of cawfee in his lap, feet up and crossed on the desk in front of him::
[20:22] <Ardelmos> ::yawns, and takes a sip from the mug::
[20:23] <Thierry> ::Thierry is still in his "costume" and is shaking nervously, he still hadn't totally gotten it back together::
[20:24] <Joanna> ::has spent the night avoiding everyone else while trying to get some research done::
[20:24] <Craig> ::managed about 3 hours of sleep, more like a long nap, but somehow makes it to the conference room and plops down in a chair with an extra large cawfee::
[20:24] <Thierry> ::Was yawning a bit, having tossed and turned all night::
[20:25] <Gabriel> ::enters the room, carrying a stack of PDAs, and has a seat:: Private Thierry, nice work. Sous-Sergeant Birkin, you too. In fact, Sous-Sergeant, I'm authorized to promote you, from E-2 to E-3. Congratulations, Sergeant.
[20:26] <Gabriel> <<If only Prescot were still here. Wink>>
[20:26] <Gabriel> ::looks around the table:: So. Impressions. Comments.
[20:26] <Ardelmos> ::raises his mug slightly in recognition and takes another sip::
[20:26] <Savant> Birkin> ::Thank you, Sir! ::pleased::
[20:26] <Thierry> ::Has stopped shaking but is still very nervous::
[20:26] <Gabriel> ::glances over at Joanna:: Your brother seemed a bit anti-social last night, Corporal. That his usual style?
[20:27] <Mem> ::continues snoring, oblivious to the nearby promotion::
[20:27] <Joanna> ::ignores Tynes' remark and tosses some data onto the table:: Probably Valkyries. Muderous brutes who enjoy what they do far too much.... only until now, they've never used GREL.
[20:27] <Craig> ::over to birkin:: guess that means i'm not your superior now eh? ::manages a chuckle before taking another gulp of cawfee::
[20:27] <Ardelmos> What the hell is a Valkyrie?
[20:28] <Joanna> ::nods at the data:: An infantry regiment.
[20:28] <Thierry> ::Is unusually quiet, sipping at his morning tea::
[20:28] <Ardelmos> ::grabs one of the PDAs and thumbs through it::
[20:29] <Gabriel> More specific, Corporal. Special forces, I assume? You said they hadn't used GREL until know. ::kicks Mem's chair::
[20:30] <Joanna> Surprised you don't remember htem from the first invasion. 'course, they're not really CEF. You've just met some NECAF troops.
[20:30] <Gabriel> <<*now>>
[20:30] <Mem> ::mutters something, startled, and his feet slip off the back of the chair in front of him::
[20:30] <Mem> ::shakes his head:: Copy.
[20:31] <Thierry> ::Thierry blinks rapidly and gets an astonished look on his face::
[20:31] <Craig> ::looks over at mem and passes down a second large mug of cawfee had had brought in originally for himself::
[20:31] <Savant> The door opens to admit Paul MAcedon. He's the eldest member of the Fury team, a veteran of numerous wars, and currently serves as the Radiaiton Officer for Pathfinder. Looks as if he hasn't had much sleep.
[20:31] <Mem> ::glances around and remembers where he is, and glances at the clock, then takes the cawfee from Craig and sniffs it:: Ugh.
[20:32] <Savant> ((baah. Cory Macedon))
[20:32] <Ardelmos> 'sup Mace?
[20:32] <Gabriel> ::nods at Macedon and indicates Joanna should continue::
[20:33] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::waves a hand to Ardelmos and sits down::
[20:33] <Joanna> ::shrugs - she doesn't have anything to add::
[20:33] <Gabriel> Then describe the difference between the CEF and NECAF.
[20:34] <Joanna> ::almost robotically:: The NECAF is the garrison force on Earth, and if the CEF wins and pacifies a planet, they're also the troops you'd find defending.
[20:35] <Ardelmos> So how come we never ran into them on Caprice?
[20:35] <Joanna> The CEF are just charged with taking the planets.
[20:35] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: If I knew, I'd be dead by now I'm sure.
[20:36] <Gabriel> Guess we should feel honored. That means this meet was a set-up. What do we have on Buchene? Anything?
[20:36] <Joanna> I'd guess it's in reaction to our strikes. They're not going to let the NECAF get roughed up by insurgents.
[20:36] <Ardelmos> ::idly wonders why garrison forces would be so much 'better' than the CEF, given they'd rarely see actual combat::
[20:37] <Thierry> ::Listens, again unusually quiet and nervously sipping his tea::
[20:37] <Mem> ::rubs his eyes and takes a sip of the cawfee, grimacing::
[20:38] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nudges Thierry with an elbow and murmurs soundlessly:: relax.
[20:38] <Mem> Buchene Heathe. Serves on Atlantis, fifth fleet.
[20:38] <Mem> That's what I found during our mission.
[20:38] <Gabriel> ::blinks:: And we know this... how?
[20:38] <Craig> atlantis? guess the records need updating
[20:39] <Thierry> ::Looks up at Macedon and shakes his head, his eyes now staring at the bottom of his teacup::
[20:39] <Mem> Talon Eight. They provided a very large chunk of the CEF fleet roster.
[20:39] <Ardelmos> ::arches an eyebrow slightly -- Atlantis was quite the different planet to move to Terra Nova from::
[20:39] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::smiles a faint smile for a moment and lets Thierry have his nerves for the moment::
[20:41] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Good on them. So. The CEF feels secure enough on Atlantis to start sending troops here from there.
[20:41] <Ardelmos> Or they lost the planet.
[20:41] <Joanna> If they did, those troops would NOT be here.
[20:41] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> Or they won it.
[20:42] <Gabriel> ::nods:: What else. Sous-Sergent Macedon, any sensor readings from where the truck was abandoned? Did Buchene and his GREL board more of these exoskeletons there?
[20:43] <Mem> Atlantis isn't that far. Just one step past Caprice. Wouldn't be hard to deploy from there if they needed more units.
[20:44] <Thierry> ::Keeps his eyes on the table, not wanting to look up at this point::
[20:44] <Joanna> ::leans back, listening::
[20:44] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::Puts down a mem stick and taps it - the trideo displayer on the table activates and a fuzzy satelite view of last nights' scene starts up:: As you can see, we sort of lsot sight of them after they left the vehicle - they got into the rocks. I can only presume htey had an escape vehicle or the like.
[20:46] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Whatever those exoskeletons were, I want a few. They managed to pick up Birkin despite him being in the best stealth suit made on this planet. There's smallest Terranovan sensor that could do that is mounted on a vehicle twice as large, and is twitchy as a springer.
[20:46] <Gabriel> <<*The smallest>>
[20:47] <Joanna> ::sighs -- she feels like she's shooting herself in the foot on this one:: Did it occur to you that maybe someone TOLD them we'd be there, told them how to find our people?
[20:47] <Ardelmos> ::slowly turns to look at Joanna::
[20:48] <Gabriel> It wouldn't have mattered, Corporal. Roland was a good hard rock throw from me and I couldn't see him despite knowing exactly where he was.
[20:48] <Mem> ::takes another sip of the cawfee and scowls again::
[20:49] <Thierry> ::Doesn't look up, but says in a jittery voice:: Guess I have to make this next rendezvous, go into thier base
[20:50] <Gabriel> ::shakes:: No, at least not without orders to that effect. It's certain death, to no good purpose.
[20:50] <Mem> ::nods:: I don't think they'd be expecting you.
[20:50] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::taps his memstick again, and the trideo display changes toa freezeframe from overhead - a flash of light in the face of the sniper that shot Swifty::
[20:50] <Mem> They began their attack before you finished your conversation.
[20:51] <Ardelmos> Not to mention I killed one of them.
[20:51] <Thierry> ::Looks up:: Sir, we both know it has to be done. Don't start protecting me now
[20:51] <Mem> ::to Roland, dryly:: Thoroughly.
[20:51] <Gabriel> ::nods:: We know they're there, they know we're here. The only advantage we had was gone. If we do anything to that base, it will be with Cerberus, Deacon, and a couple of good size mortars.
[20:52] <Gabriel> ::glances at the freeze frame, looking for details:: That as sharp as it gets?
[20:52] <Savant> The picture is difficult to read, even after Macedon's best efforts to clean up the image. However, the attacker is apparent. It's clearly some sort of a powered suit, complete with large backpack, air intakes, actuators, and a completely sealed and armoured body. It's laying just as a Morgana might lay, with the impressive rifle weapon being shredded to bits - that's what's providing the light.
[20:53] <Gabriel> ::looks for any indications of active sensors::
[20:53] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::nods:: That's as good as it gets, Sir.
[20:54] <Thierry> ::Shoots up from his chair and spins around, staring at the wall now::
[20:54] <Craig> ::to theirry:: the first meeting was a setup, the second meeting would be too, though it's unlikely they're expect a second meeting since they failed to do away with us
[20:55] <Savant> Gabriel - and the others, if they're looking - can make out a sensor package that makes out the "eye" of the vehicle. The head is a thick dome-shaped capsule. Either it's turreted, or the eye can swing around as the head might.
[20:55] <Thierry> ::Ignores Craig::
[20:56] <Savant> Sous-Sergent Cory Macedon> ::glances over at Thierry as he gets up from the table::
[20:56] <Mem> It's GREL meets gear.
[20:57] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[20:57] <Gabriel> No, a Gear could devastate that thing in any sort of conflict. ::looks to see if the air intakes are any sort of indication of a hover or jump system::
[20:57] <Gabriel> Or that. Wink
[20:57] <Savant> heh. I'll give you guys as much info as you can dig up on the forums. I figured that was a fine enough ending line, given the time ^_-
[20:57] <Savant> Questions? Comments? Critiques?
[20:58] <Thierry> Well, either in an aftersim or JL, I want to flesh out this part of Thierry
[20:58] <Craig> you shot swifty!
[20:58] <Gabriel> No questions, though Gabriel will pull Mem aside after the meeting and ask him to very quietly check the comm log on Pathfinder.
[20:58] <Savant> D:
[20:59] <Mem> ::grins::
[20:59] <Savant> certainly. Sounds like a log or an aftersim thing, perhaps. She was certainly muttering things under her breath, I think ^_-
[20:59] <Joanna> Oh for th...
[20:59] <Savant> hee
[20:59] <Craig> lol
[20:59] <Gabriel> Actually, by the Film Economy of Characters Rule, Macedon is the traitor if there is one. Wink
[20:59] <Joanna> Why don't you put cameras in her quarters while you're at it.
[20:59] <Mem> And then two seconds later Roland pulls Mem aside and says "Heard you found something on the comm log."
[21:00] <Savant> i love how I can just name a storyline "a traitor in our midst" and people start fishing for them. I don't even need to make one, they just start pointing fingers ^_-
[21:00] <Craig> macedon definely smells like a redshirt:P
[21:00] <Mem> He's been around for a while, I think.
[21:00] <Craig> he has?
[21:00] <Savant> Macedon's been around as long as Aggie and Zucco
[21:00] <Mem> Jane could've easily been a redshirt... but never was.
[21:00] <Gabriel> ::shrugs:: Gabriel would never assume such a thing in public, but there's only two good explanations for something finding Birkin so easily: +2 sensors, or someone transmitted his position.
[21:01] <Gabriel> Both possibilities have to be checked, so Gabriel will check them.
[21:01] <Savant> i like Macedon. My favourite out of the three Pathfinders, actually
[21:01] <Savant> Gabriel will find no communications log that he doesn't know about.
[21:01] <Craig> i don't recall macedon being an active NPC before
[21:02] <Savant> never got a chance to use him much
[21:02] <Savant> anyways. Would anyone like some expereeerience points?
[21:02] <Mem> He's been on the wiki since the beginning.
[21:02] <Gabriel> ::nods:: OK, then somehow, Earth has a +2 sensor suite that can fit on a 7' exo.
[21:02] <Joanna> Which should also eliminate Joanna as a suspect. FINALLY.
[21:02] <Mem> What is his IW? I need to know so Mem can be better.
[21:02] <Mem> Wink
[21:02] <Craig> lol
[21:03] <Gabriel> Heh. And yeah, XP would be good. Wink
[21:03] <Savant> You'll need to bump up your skill level
[21:03] <Thierry> Yes, quite
[21:03] <Mem> :O
[21:03] <Joanna> ::tiredly:: It could have also been someone planted a tracer in the stealth suits.
[21:03] <Mem> o rly
[21:03] <Craig> ::dances:: XP XP XP
[21:03] <Savant> okay! I'm going to start with a base of 2 points for general rp'ing. Good job to all for that
[21:03] <Ardelmos> Xpeeeeee
[21:04] <Savant> I'll also say that you participated in an event that moved the plot along. +1 = 3
[21:04] <Savant> You were in a combat encounter? Sorrrt of.
[21:04] <Gabriel> ::shakes:: Mem ran an active sensor ping that picked up the thing in the first place. If Birkin had been transmitting anything, Shepherd would have picked it up.
[21:04] <Gabriel> And yeah... about that. I'm afraid we're pretty much gonna have to use maps from now on.
[21:04] <Savant> I'll give you 1xp for that. A fire exchange for sure, but i don't know if i'd call that an encounter. More like a sniper duel
[21:04] <Gabriel> Every time we don't use maps, we get a little screwed over on ranges and distances.
[21:04] <Savant> yeah, that's cool. I'd be happier with that, too, I think
[21:04] <Joanna> Provided the gears and Fury haven't been programmed to ignore it.
[21:04] <Mem> And bearings.
[21:04] <Mem> ::nods::
[21:05] <Craig> birkin and craig should get an extra +1 for hazard pay:P
[21:05] <Savant> I'd say you worked as a team. Would you say so?
[21:05] <Thierry> Excuse me? Very Happy
[21:05] <Gabriel> Yep, everyone -- even Joanna the Traitor -- had a role to fill and filled it.
[21:05] <Mem> hehehe.
[21:05] <Craig> you didn't get shot at thierry:P
[21:05] <Savant> hee
[21:05] <Joanna> ::Sigh::
[21:05] <Savant> okay. that makes 5 in total so far.
[21:06] <Thierry> And you had 5 cm of armor Smile
[21:06] <Gabriel> You're just mad because Gabriel saw through your lies his very first sim and ordered Roland to kill you if you step out of line. Wink
[21:06] <Ardelmos> Roland saved Birkin's ass. Wink
[21:06] <Savant> You may have an extra experience point if you can tell me some part of today's game that you liked.
[21:06] <Joanna> No, I'm mad because I didn't exactly have much to do at all.
[21:06] <Savant> or disliked, I suppose.
[21:06] <Gabriel> Liked the "and then, things get worse" aspect. We were getting a little complacent about stomping Earth tech. They're bad-ass again, at least for a bit. Wink
[21:06] <Mem> I liked the fact that we have next to no clue what we're dealing with. Wink
[21:07] <Gabriel> But of course, I play the "and then, things got worse" card all the time, so that's probably why I liked it. Wink
[21:07] <Mem> We advance the plot and find more questions than answers. Wink
[21:07] <Savant> i am a big fan of the "and then, things got worse" method of GMing
[21:07] <Thierry> Well I liked the fact we were thrown a curveball
[21:07] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: I liked how Thierry had to think on his feet a bit.
[21:08] <Thierry> And I really like all the possibilites that are coming to mind for Thierry now Wink (to Colin)
[21:08] <Savant> i like that ^_-
[21:08] <Savant> six experience to Gabriel, Theirry, Mem, and Joanna so far. Craig? Roland?
[21:08] <Craig> well eventhough craig got shot at, i liked the supsense of not exactly knowing what was going on, we could tell something was off, but then you sneaked up on us with that:)
[21:08] <Mem> I have something I don't like about the game.
[21:08] <Ardelmos> Hrm?
[21:09] <Mem> I feel I should say it.
[21:09] <Savant> feel free
[21:09] <Mem> It's too short.
[21:09] <Mem> Wink
[21:09] <Craig> lol
[21:09] <Savant> Roland, you going to say something that you liked or disliked about the game?
[21:09] <Gabriel> LOL
[21:09] <Ardelmos> Oh, I liked that Roland got to shoot something with his rifle. He hasn't done that in a long while.
[21:09] <Savant> hee. Three hours isn't enough? ^_-
[21:09] <Savant> oh, good stuff ^_-
[21:09] <Mem> I liked Fraser's reaction when you told him the range he had to shoot from.
[21:09] <Mem> And then he rolled a 10.
[21:09] <Craig> hehe
[21:10] <Savant> awesome. I've gotten more than enough praise from Prescot to give him 6 as well. Everyone gets 6.
[21:10] <Savant> and that's it! next week we continue.
[21:10] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:00] <Thierry> :attn:
[18:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:00] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:01] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:01] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:01] <Savant> good evening and welcome again to another edition of the Black Talons. A lot has happened over the interim between last sim, so do take a look at the forums if you're unsure.
[18:02] <Savant> that being said, we're still at a point that's a bit shaky in terms of what's good for a sim. I don't want to make *all* of the investigative actions between games, but there's a lot of disparate things to do.
[18:03] <Savant> i'll be putting up the briefing, then we can talk about where you're going and what you're doing.
[18:03] <Savant> A Traitor in Our Midst
[18:03] <Savant> 13 Winter TN 1944, 0030h - Past Midnight
[18:03] <Savant> Dispensation District, Sesshu
[18:03] <Savant> 4 degrees Celcius, 11% humidity
[18:03] <Savant> Two full days of investigating has bourne heavy fruit. The Gears used by the Bloody Twelve were traced back to their point of purchase,and from there the money was traced back along a complicated web of shell companies and false names to Icehaven, then to a Port Arthur investment agency.
[18:03] <Savant> The more interesting lead was apparently entirely accidental. Lieutenant Gage's flirtations with an attractive corporal in NGB Sesshu have resulted in an interesting lead - her voice turned up in captured recordings of business meetings with the Port Arthur investment firm.
[18:03] <Savant> With a heavy potential that she is either working with the CEF or is an Earther herself, the Talons have followed her out to the entertainment core of Sesshu in order to track her down and bring her in for interrogation.
[18:03] <Savant> If only all of Mem's dalliances proved to be so useful...
[18:03] <Savant> Please acknowledge when ready.
[18:03] <Joanna> Ack Smile
[18:03] <Mem> <<Gage = Mem's new last name.>>
[18:03] <Joanna> No worries. Those of us who have nothing to do can just make fun of Mem Wink
[18:03] <Mem> atck
[18:03] <Gabriel> ack
[18:03] <Mem> <<But I'll go by either. Don't worry about remembering.>>
[18:03] <Birkin> ack
[18:03] <Thierry> ack
[18:03] <Savant> ah, yes. And Brad's decided that the last name Fallingstar is a bit too starward'ey. He's now Lieutenant Akamemnon Gage.
[18:04] <Mem> A little ret-con there.
[18:04] <Mem> Sorry for the inconvenience. Wink
[18:04] <Thierry> I like it Smile
[18:04] <Savant> i'm readiny for questions, and I have one for you: Where are we going, and what are you doing? ^_-
[18:04] <Gabriel> Aheh. Retcon going back three years. Wink
[18:04] <Savant> ready. Wow, my typing is crap today
[18:04] * Ardelmos has joined #bt05
[18:05] <Savant> I'm just rather ill, don't mind me.
[18:05] * Mem sets mode: +o Ardelmos
[18:05] <Thierry> ::Looks at Ross:: So, what are we doing boss?
[18:07] <Savant> no questions?
[18:07] <Gabriel> Two teams, plus Mem on his own. Roland plus Joanna tail Mem. Birkin plus Thierry keep an eye on the truck and scout around a bit, keeping it in sight.
[18:07] <Gabriel> Mem looks for his girlfriend since "he heard she had a pass". Wink
[18:07] <Mem> Wait, Mem by himself?
[18:07] <Gabriel> Gabriel will coordinate between the three groups.
[18:07] <Thierry> ::Raises::
[18:07] <Mem> a pass?
[18:07] <Joanna> The traitor following the potential traitor trying to find the enemy....
[18:07] <Joanna> ...I love the irony.
[18:07] <Gabriel> It's either that, or he stays in a truck somewhere out of sight. Wink
[18:07] <Savant> ok
[18:08] <Gabriel> And yeah, she's got a 36-hour pass, right? That's something Mem could find out about as an officer.
[18:08] <Savant> yeah, she does.
[18:08] <Mem> It's a 36-hour "shore" leave.
[18:08] <Thierry> Two questions: What truck and are we using stealth suits/other special equipment
[18:08] <Mem> Oh, I see. You want Mem to look for her in character.
[18:08] <Savant> i'll give you guys ten minutes to sort out specifics, equipment, etc.
[18:08] <Gabriel> ::nods:: That's a pass. And no, no stealth suits, no heavy weapons. Concealable weapons only. Sesshu is Amsterdam. Open guns are gonna stand out, big-time.
[18:09] <Thierry> ::nods:: Concealable com gear as well?
[18:09] <Gabriel> Tynes will stick to his concealable sidearm and a taser inside his jacket, plus subvoc comms.
[18:09] <Gabriel> Yep.
[18:10] <Gabriel> So that means those tailing Mem can do it via stealth, but more likely, they're gonna do it by following Mem into his world of corruption and decay.
[18:10] <Ardelmos> Light flak + duster + dual S59Fs + talon pistol + garrotte + mini-nades
[18:10] <Gabriel> Gabriel to Roland> If you pretend to have fun, you may have a little by accident.
[18:10] <Gabriel> </Batman Begins> Wink
[18:10] <Thierry> Thierry will take his 11mm, clips, and his badlander outfit
[18:10] <Joanna> Joanna: 2 concealable grenades and vibroknife in an ankle holster
[18:10] <Savant> minnades!
[18:11] <Ardelmos> Oh yeah + throwing knives
[18:11] <Thierry> and a first aid kit just in case we have to shoot her
[18:11] <Gabriel> Pretty sure that none of those guns are concealable, Roland. Wink
[18:11] <Birkin> Talon pistol, silenced two extra clips of ammo and concealable frag gernades
[18:12] <Savant> everyone, please list your equipment taken in the Planning forums.. I'll make an Equipment thread.
[18:12] <Ardelmos> S59F is certainly concealable. Says so in the description. Wink
[18:12] <Mem> Mem will wear his Talon BDU underneath civilian clothing, light trenchcoat, concealed 9mm pistol.
[18:12] <Mem> Unless you think him having a weapon is a bad idea, but I don't intend for Mem to be captured, undressed, or otherwise.
[18:12] <Savant> http://talons.mcc3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154#154
[18:13] <Savant> post your Equipment lists there please
[18:13] <Thierry> kk
[18:13] <Savant> that being said, any questions?
[18:13] <Joanna> ::raises::
[18:14] <Savant> Joanna?
[18:14] <Joanna> How long are we allowed to heckle Mem about this? Does it rate better than Water Boy here? Smile
[18:14] <Savant> heckle as much and as often as you like ^_-
[18:14] <Savant> just be aware that he's threatened to retaliate
[18:14] <Savant> other questions?
[18:15] <Mem> If it gets out of hand, you're going to wish you hadn't opened your mouth. Wink
[18:15] <Joanna> Yes, threaten the Earther with 3/2 H2H Wink
[18:15] <Thierry> ::Raises::
[18:15] <Mem> Make fun of the smart kid with 3/3/+3 computers.
[18:15] <Savant> Thierry?
[18:15] <Thierry> What truck are we talking about?
[18:16] <Savant> ::expects some sort of a ::facepalm:: around here::
[18:16] <Thierry> Oh, nm, stupid question I figured out
[18:16] <Thierry> NM Smile
[18:16] <Savant> the truck that Corporal Hotpants used to get from NGP Sesshu to the city.
[18:16] <Savant> NGB. Man
[18:16] <Thierry> kk. I'm ready to rock Smile
[18:16] <Gabriel> http://talons.mcc3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36#36
[18:17] <Mem> Safe to say they make sunglasses you can wear at midnight? Wink
[18:17] <Savant> no other questions, then? and yes, they do ^_-
[18:17] <Mem> Mem's gotta look cool.
[18:17] <Savant> okay.
[18:17] <Savant> anything else?
[18:17] <Savant> seems no. Let's dance.
[18:17] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:18] <Savant> Sesshu's "Dispensation District" is busy, even at this late hour. It's mostly pedestrian traffic, with the only main throughfare being a single road with a traffic circle in it, spinning off into numerous side roads. It's on one of these side roads that you've found the camouflage-painted Norguard jeep.
[18:18] <Gabriel> ::walks by the truck Mem has identified as his lady friend's and gives it a fairly close look as he passes::
[18:19] <Joanna> ::out the side of her mouth, to Roland:: Why is it I got stuck with you again?
[18:19] <Thierry> ::Takes up a position to suveil the jeep while looking casual::
[18:19] <Savant> The truck is close-topped and has its windows closed, is closed and locked, and looks utterly unremarkable. Except for its location, of course - few people visiting from the base would have the gall to use a Guard vehicle to do it.
[18:20] <Mem> ::glances across the street at the truck, talking aloud, the others able to hear:: Anyone have some idea which direction to go?
[18:20] <Mem> <<Mem has a mic on him or something that allows everything you hear him say to be heard.>>
[18:20] <Savant> Around, the pedestrian traffic is thick. there are a few dance clubs in the area which habitually spill out into the street. It's cold out, but the blush of alcohol and other affectations make most of these people immune to the cold.
[18:21] <Ardelmos> ::tosses a stick of gum into his mouth and tosses the wrapper into a garbage can, getting his saliva flowing as he leans against the wall at the opening of an alley:: Ask the boss. I just do what I'm told.
[18:21] <Savant> Additionally, there's a Tobacco shop nearby that likely sells more than tobacco and newspapers, a convenience store, a few little restaurants, and some places that don't really seem to show what's involved inside their walls.
[18:21] <Thierry> ::Shivered a bit, not having dealt with a polar winter in a long time::
[18:22] <Birkin> ::cracks his neck softly, hanging out trying to look casual as he spies the truck and the surrounding areas, paticularly those who leave the clubs::
[18:22] <Mem> ::grins as he scans the local shops and clubs::
[18:22] <Gabriel> ::quietly, into his comm unit:: +com+ Mem, get moving. Find your friend.
[18:23] <Ardelmos> ::patiently waits at the alley mouth, watching the crows move through the streets as he keeps half a mind on Mem while the Lieutenant decides what to do::
[18:23] <Joanna> ::tries her best to look like she's hanging out with Roland, waiting for Mem to get a move on::
[18:23] <Mem> ::nods:: Honestly, I don't know where to go from here. I'll start heading north.
[18:23] <Mem> ::puts his hands in his coat pockets and starts walking::
[18:23] <Thierry> ::Rubs his black gloved hands togethter as he looked at Birkin:: Chilly night
[18:24] <Ardelmos> ::mutters to himself at Mem's comment as he watches the Lieutenant start to head north for lack of a better option:: Glad he knows his bitches so well. ::waits for a moment and begins following behind Mem on the opposite side of the street::
[18:24] <Mem> ::grins at the kind of people he sees hanging out on the sidewalks, amused::
[18:25] <Joanna> ::snorts:: I still can't believe he slept with a spy.
[18:25] <Gabriel> ::crouches near the truck to tie the shoelaces of one shoe, waiting for the others to get moving::
[18:25] <Birkin> Eh.
[18:26] <Birkin> ::blinks looking over at the tobacco shop with a smirk:: +subvoc+ I dont have her. But. That tobacco shop there, it has cameras must get busted up a lot. And they are pointing right at the truck.
[18:26] <Ardelmos> ::weaves through the people on the sidewalk as he continues northwards, snorts:: Probably still would've if he'd known, anyway.
[18:26] <Thierry> ::Looks at what Birkin just mentioned and then shrugs::
[18:27] <Mem> ::glances over at the tobacco shop as he passes by it::
[18:27] <Joanna> Well... at least I know Mem has no taste whatsoever now.
[18:27] <Gabriel> +subvoc+ Thank you, Sergent. I'll have a look inside. ::makes sure he's on the opposite side of the truck from the tobaccoist's, then slips a tracer into the truck's bumper::
[18:28] <Mem> ::continues down the street, scanning crowds, trying to look cool::
[18:28] <Thierry> +Subvoc+ So, should one of us go get a smoke?
[18:28] <Joanna> ::following along next to Roland, hands in her pockets:: Think we'll find 'er?
[18:28] <Birkin> C`mon this place blows. ::motions at Thierry, as Mem continues onward, following casually behind him as he continues to scan the crowd::
[18:29] <Savant> The truck doesn't seem to mind having a tracer put into its bumper, and no one seems to pay any mind either.
[18:29] <Gabriel> ::straightens up, his shoe tied, and crosses toward the tobaccoist's::
[18:29] <Thierry> ::Follows along with Aaron, glancing about in the crowd::
[18:30] <Ardelmos> ::shrugs and continues to follow Mem:: Seein' as he doesn't have a fucking clue where he's going or what he's looking for, I wouldn't hold my breath.
[18:30] <Joanna> Eh, I've always said I wanted to see more of this planet. Why is it I'm always doing it on a walking tour?
[18:30] <Savant> Inside the Tobaccoist's shop, it's actually pretty nice - laquered wood and brass fixtures, comfortable lighting. The guy behind the counter has big lab-chop sideburns and a heavy moustache, he seems to fit right in. What he's selling, though, is more than just tobacco.
[18:33] <Savant> Meanwhile, Mem and his trailing team-members sweep their way up the street and away from the truck, along with the crowd of people that seems to amble more than go in a coherent direction. The air is thick with water vapour and smoke, and clashing music comes out of the various doorways
[18:33] <Gabriel> ::has a look at the merchandise in the tobaccoist's::
[18:33] <Mem> ::passes an attractive woman and grins:: There you go, Roland. What do you think of her?
[18:34] <Birkin> ::looks inside a few of the clubs, smirking slightly as he sees what goes on inside before he goes back to his mark, looking aorund more still for his target::
[18:34] <Thierry> ::Looks around for a spot that he can see the truck yet still seem like he's not::
[18:35] <Savant> Tobaccoist> ::After a moment,t he vendor comes over:: Something I can help you with, sir?
[18:35] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ I think she doesn't look a fucking thing like the Earther piece of ass you're supposed to be finding.
[18:36] <Joanna> ::tries to look casual, looking in various windows::
[18:36] <Gabriel> ::nods:: You can at that, I hope. I've a friend who's fond of cigarettes. ::names Gotah's brand:: He doesn't get to Sesshu much, so I was hoping to pick up something he might like.
[18:37] <Mem> ::continues down the street, scanning the nearby shops and windows as he goes along, smirking at Roland's comment::
[18:37] <Thierry> ::Sets up where he can watch in the window of the tobacco shop yet be out of sight of the cameras::
[18:38] <Savant> Tobaccoist> ::nods and turns about to find himself a box of Loyang cavendish:: Not much call for that up here. Your friend from the south?
[18:39] <Ardelmos> ::continues wandering through the crowds with Mem in sight, starting to wonder whether the Lieutenant had any idea what he was doing, or if he thought he was just taking a midnight stroll::
[18:39] <Gabriel> ::chuckles:: He works at a base nearby. Was unfortunate enough to be part of the little fracas down there in '36. Picked up a taste, I guess.
[18:39] <Savant> So far, MEm just seems to be taking a late night stroll through the least moral district within the entire northern hemisphere.
[18:40] <Joanna> ::sighs:: Is he really looking or just trolling for someone ELSE to put on his scorecard?
[18:40] <Birkin> ::frowns slightly, not really seeing anything of note as he continues to look for this Earther broad::
[18:40] <Savant> Tobaccoist> ::Sets down the box and slips it into a paper bag:: It's a good brand, sir. That's ten fifty.
[18:41] <Thierry> ::Finds what he thinks is a good spot and then adjusts his goggles::
[18:41] <Mem> ::sighs and stops, looking up at the buildings, getting frustrated::
[18:42] <Ardelmos> Your guess is as good as mine. ::continues moving as Mem stops, making his way about 50 feet ahead of Mem before moving up alongside the wall and glancing into a storefront window, eyeing Mem in the reflection of the glass::
[18:43] <Gabriel> ::nods, pulls 15 marks out of his wallet, and passes them over:: I'll have to call him about the base truck out front. That been out there long?
[18:44] <Savant> Tobaccoist> ::leans over to look at the truck outside:: Hm? Oh, yeah. 'Bout half hour, I guess. Friends of yours?
[18:44] <Mem> ::finds someone nearby who looks trustworthy:: Hey?
[18:45] <Joanna> ::glances at Roland:: Y'know, I would have expected you to want to rip his head off the minute you'd heard he slept with an Earther.
[18:45] <Savant> Woman> ::She's an attractive thirty-cycle-old (This is Mem after all) wearing a heavy black fleecey jacket overtop of what looks like a dancing dress:: Hm?
[18:45] <Thierry> ::Keeps one eye on the truck and one eye on Gabe. Something was less then right about all this and after the meeting with Duchene,well, Thierry had been a bit more on edge::
[18:47] <Gabriel> ::chuckles and takes the bag while waiting for his change:: No way to know. Was the driver attractive?
[18:47] <Ardelmos> ::snaps his gum:: Means to an end. Could kill him then kill her; or can track her down, kill everybody, and then deal with it if I'm not satisfied.
[18:47] <Mem> I was s'posed to meet someone down here, and haven't seen her. You know anyone I could try asking?
[18:48] <Joanna> Hey, don't take it out on me. It's not like I slept with him. Or ever would. ::face screws:: He's not my type.
[18:48] <Savant> Tobaccoist> ::pauses a moment and leans beneath his counter, likely to some sort of a display:: Yeah, looks like a looker and her boyfriend out for the night.
[18:49] <Ardelmos> ::grunts, watching Mem's interaction through the window reflection::
[18:49] <Savant> Woman> ::shrugs and points to a ficure on the street corner:: Might try the cops, sweetheart.
[18:49] <Gabriel> Friend of someone, then. ::half smiles:: Not often you'd see a base truck in the district, though. The officers frown on that sort of thing, or so I hear.
[18:50] <Mem> ::glances over, then back to the woman:: This is my first time down here. Maybe she went inside. Any hot spots down here?
[18:50] <Birkin> ::yawns slightly, pausing as he looks at a few ot he attractions going on in the bars, frowning as he cant seem to find anything worth looking at or the Earther::
[18:50] <Savant> Tobaccoist> ::shrugs a bit:: They're a bit too tight if you ask me. Whole Confederacy ought to relax a bit.
[18:51] <Savant> Woman> ::gestures around her:: The whole strip's a hot spot. Just depends on what you like.
[18:51] <Mem> Hm. All right. ::starts to withdraw, grinning:: Thanks.
[18:51] <Joanna> ::turns her back and looks around at those on the street::
[18:51] <Thierry> ::Shakes his head as he hears Mem in the subvoc::
[18:52] <Mem> ::turns and takes a few steps, muttering, speaking to himself (to the team:: I don't want to ask the cop.
[18:52] <Savant> Woman> ::Waves with a smile:: Come find me if you don't find your friend! ::then wanders back into the crowd::
[18:52] <Gabriel> If people could buy their cigarettes anywhere, though, they'd stay at home.
[18:53] <Savant> Tobaccoist> ::grins:: ha ha! You've got a good head on you, sir. I guess I'm lucky to be where I am.
[18:53] <Mem> ::looks around at the nearby clubs and bars, wondering if anything struck him as particularly relevant or interesting to someone he knew for only a very short time::
[18:54] <Thierry> +Subvoc to Mem+ Could always check one of ze bars
[18:54] <Savant> Road traffic on this strip of road is fairly light. Cars are parked, but it seems normal for cars to stay in one place for an entire evening. The only real traffic is the occasional bus, or taxis.
[18:55] <Gabriel> And you're a fortunate man to realize it. A good night to you. ::picks up the bag and his change::
[18:55] <Joanna> Hmm. Plenty of options to get away.
[18:55] <Mem> Yeah, the bars are packed. ::tries to peer inside the closest one::
[18:56] <Savant> Captain Tynes re-enters the busy pedway outside of the Tobacco shop.
[18:56] <Gabriel> ::quietly:: +com+ The lady friend has a male companion.
[18:56] <Thierry> ::Casually walks back over towards the truck, casually checking the parking meters:::
[18:57] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ ::growls:: There's a hundred bloody bars on this strip, you're not gonna find her just walkin' into one.
[18:57] <Joanna> ::leans against the wall, still hanging with Roland::
[18:57] <Mem> ::takes a step back as he hears that:: Oh really?
[18:57] <Thierry> ::Pulls up his hood as its getting chilly:: +subvoc+ And her meter's out
[18:57] <Gabriel> ::quietly:: +com+ Yes, don't get jealous. ::arranges to walk by the truck again, this time paying much closer attention to the phone on the seat::
[18:58] <Mem> Description? ::sighs:: I don't think she's around here, honestly. Just doesn't seem right.
[18:58] <Mem> ::grins:: Nothing to be jealous of.
[18:58] <Thierry> ::Settles up against a nearby building while watching the truck::
[18:58] <Mem> ::starts heading back towards the truck::
[19:00] <Ardelmos> ::ceases his inspection of the storefront, moving forward and crossing the street carefully through the crowds to get on the same side of the road as Mem as he continues to tail him::
[19:00] <Joanna> ::she's looking over the scene, wondering if maybe this is some sort of trap... that perhaps Mem was the lure to get them all::
[19:01] <Gabriel> +com+ Continue keeping an eye on it. There's a phone in the seat. Someone position yourself so that you can see if it gets a call. ::pulls a scrambler out of his pack, sets it to low power, and let's it roll down his leg and his shoe underneath the side of the truck where the phone is.
[19:01] <Joanna> +subvoc+ Might not want to spend too much time around that truck. Plenty of sniper spots around. Could be rigged to blow up too.
[19:01] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger sir
[19:02] <Joanna> ::glances down at street level again:: +subvoc+ Bomb would get plenty of civilian casualties too.
[19:02] <Mem> So she came her in the truck, met up with a man. No idea where they headed?
[19:02] <Savant> Fortunately for the Talons, it's relatively easy to be innocuous in this sort of a situation. There's enough people around that they can double back, wander about, and generally do what they like iwthout calling attention to themselves.
[19:02] <Joanna> ::hurries to catch up with Roland::
[19:03] <Thierry> ::Takes up a position where he could see the phone, but also glances around looking for snipers:: +Com+ I'll be fine Joanna
[19:03] <Gabriel> ::moves on, carrying his cigarette bag, looking for a civilian comm unit:: +com+ I just turned off the phone. Gonna have the truck picked up.
[19:04] <Savant> It doesn't take Gabriel very long to find a public comm booth. It's on the same corner as the cop, actually.
[19:06] <Gabriel> ::decides on an impulse to start with the officer, and approaches him::
[19:06] <Mem> "I'm getting attached. I'm not leaving anytime soon." ::he quietly echoed the words of Anala the last time he saw her::
[19:06] <Savant> Officer> ::looks over at Gabriel as he approaches::
[19:07] <Savant> There are two officers on the corner -both tall, physically fit men. They need to be, to handle any rowdiness that might erupt in the District.
[19:09] <Gabriel> Evening, officer. ::pulls out his Norguard ID and passes it over:: Captain Gabriel Tynes, Norguard. I've got a base truck -- ::indicates the direction:: -- about two blocks back. Could I ask one of you to ticket the truck so that I can call it in to have it picked up?
[19:09] <Gabriel> Looks rather bad to have a Norguard military vehicle parked around here. You can understand my problem, I hope.
[19:10] <Savant> The> two officers look at one another. They both shrug nearly simulteanously, and one of them saunters over to the truck, taking out his ticket book at the same time.
[19:10] <Ardelmos> ::continues his wandering passage through the crowds and down the street -- he wasn't a fan of crowds, as he'd spent most of his career trying not to be noticed out in the middle of nowhere while alone, not in a pack of people::
[19:10] <Savant> ((oops, wrong command ^_^))
[19:10] <Mem> ::spots Gabriel across the street as he crosses to the adjacent corner, rather wandering now::
[19:10] <Savant> The two officers look at one another. They both shrug nearly simulteanously, and one of them saunters over to the truck, taking out his ticket book at the same time.
[19:10] <Joanna> ::actually opts to pass by Roland, then stops to look in at a store::
[19:11] <Savant> Officer> :: Nods at Tynes:: A little awkward, yeah. We don't see a lot of Norguard trucks in here.
[19:11] <Mem> I'm out of ideas. If something doesn't happen soon, I'm going to go buy a smoke of my own.
[19:11] <Thierry> ::Notes the cops coming and tries to look natural, as if he's waiting for someone::
[19:11] <Gabriel> ::tucks his ID away and adds conversationally:: It'd be helpful to know who drove it here, if you can gracefully find that out. I don't like to do it, but the driver's CO will have to be informed. I noticed that the tobacco shop has a camera right there pointed at the thing.
[19:13] <Savant> Officer> ::Nods complacently to Gabriel and calls to his partner:: Go check Franco's camera when you're done. Get the footage.
[19:13] <Gabriel> ::nods politely:: Thank you, officer. Quite helpful of you.
[19:13] <Savant> Officer2> ::Looks at Thierry briefly before looking back to his partner and nodding as he wrote::
[19:14] <Joanna> ::casually stretches, using the movement to see if there's a good spot on a roof she can get onto... she's still working on the assumption they didn't ditch and run, but are still here::
[19:14] <Ardelmos> ::decides he's tired of following Mem around when the Lieutenant doesn't have any idea where he's going, and returns to his original position at the mouth of the alley close to where they arrived::
[19:14] <Savant> Officer> Not a problem, Captain. Won't take a minute.
[19:14] <Savant> The second officer prints out a ticket and sticks it on the windshield of the truck, then heads into the tobacco shop.
[19:16] <Joanna> ::hrms... no easy access...::
[19:16] <Savant> A moment later the officer comes back out of the shop and back to Tynes and his partner. He's still holding his ticket book, which he hands to the senior Officer
[19:17] <Savant> Officer> Do you have a PDA?
[19:17] <Gabriel> ::nods and fishes it out, making it available for a wireless connection::
[19:18] <Joanna> ::though that said, means there's no witnesses up top, and a sniper wouldn't have to worrya bout anyone walking in on them::
[19:18] <Ardelmos> ::leans against the brick wall and spits his gum out into a nearby garbage can, it having run out of flavour -- he took out another piece and popped it into his mouth::
[19:18] <Thierry> ::Grins as he sees the truck getting a ticket. Terra nova scores one small victory against the enemy::
[19:19] <Savant> The police officer transmits the file to Tynes. It displays the "Corporal" coming out of the truck with, of all people, Buchene Heathe, and then heading down the road and hailing a cab.
[19:19] <Mem> ::continues scanning the crowd with an air of futility, waiting for some news::
[19:20] <Gabriel> ::shows the pictures to the two officers:: If you see them about, you might let them know they're losing their ride home.
[19:21] <Joanna> ::hangs about at street level, wishing she had scopes::
[19:21] <Savant> Officer> ::grins and nods, looking at the images:: I will.
[19:21] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Thank you again, officers. Most kind. ::heads for the public comm station to put in a call to NGB Sesshu::
[19:22] <Gabriel> ::once out of earshot:: +com+ Your lady friend and -- of all people -- Buchene Heathe dropped off the truck then called a cab within sight of it. Sesshu Cab Service, car 240. I have a terrible suspicion that truck is bomb number two.
[19:23] <Mem> Buchene? The guy Trembles talked to?
[19:23] <Gabriel> +com+ The very same. He's starting to make me very tired. ::leaves his comm unit open while he puts in a call to NGB Sesshu for a tow vehicle::
[19:23] <Joanna> +subvoc+ So, how do we disarm the bomb?
[19:24] <Thierry> +Com+ Trembles? Come now. At least I didn't sleep wiz ze spy
[19:24] <Mem> All right. I can call the cab company and maybe get a location.
[19:24] <Ardelmos> +com+ I can solve that problem for you very quickly, Captain. Just point us in the right direction.
[19:25] <Gabriel> ::once the call is finished:: +com+ It's safe enough for now, assuming the phone is the detonator. I've got a scrambler on the truck. Truck team, once I'm in sight, move out, see if you can track the cab. We're probably wasting our time here, so consider it a short leave. ::chuckles::
[19:25] <Mem> ::pulls out his cell phone and calls up directory assistance:: Yeah, Sesshu Cab.
[19:26] <Joanna> +subvoc+ 'Assuming'? You're going to risk towing a possible bomb without disarming it completely?
[19:26] <Thierry> +Com+ Bien sure capitan
[19:26] <Savant> Dispatcher> ::answers after Mem gets through the phone service:: Sesshu Cab, whaddya need?
[19:26] <Gabriel> ::quietly:: +com+ What's your suggestion? Tear it apart right here in the street? Not tempting. I'll have it towed to an isolated part of the base.
[19:27] <Gabriel> ::walks back toward the truck, nodding at the policemen again as he passes::
[19:27] <Joanna> +subvoc+ Nothing of that sort sir. Just... at least make sure that if there is a bomb, it's not something that'll easily be set off by a rough tow job.
[19:27] <Mem> :Surprisedn the phone:: Evening. I need to know the location of one of your cabs.
[19:27] <Thierry> ::See's Gabe coming and then walks off as directed::
[19:28] <Savant> Dispatcher> I'm afraid we don't give out that information, sir.
[19:28] <Gabriel> +com+ ::after a moment:: That's a good point.
[19:29] <Joanna> +subvoc+ That said, I'm just as concerned about this thing going off down here. And attracting attention to it. Nothing draws a crowd like a spectacle. ::grimace::
[19:30] <Mem> :Surprisedn the phone:: This is a matter of national security. I'll need you to give me the information or put me through to someone who will verify my authority.
[19:30] <Ardelmos> ::crosses his arms as he leans against the wall, hiding the fact that the index fingers on both his hands were twitching in towards his palms briefly:: +subvoc+ Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Where's Birkin? He can disable it.
[19:30] <Thierry> +subvoc+ There aren't any good options
[19:31] <Birkin> +subvoc+ you want me to try and disable a bomb in the middle of a crowded street.
[19:31] <Gabriel> ::reaches the truck and leans backwards against it, magnetizing a second scrambler and locking it on, then proceeds to wait::
[19:32] <Joanna> +subvoc+ Better you try. You know if the bomb squad shows up, everyone will empty out of these clubs to see the spectacle... and if it goes off then, even MORE people will be hurt.
[19:32] <Gabriel> +com+ Did anyone bring a sniffer?
[19:32] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ I highly doubt what you need to get at is visible to the street. You need to get in the back. Also, Captain, you might want to put a call into Sesshu and have'm check surveillance on the truck -- if it's rigged up it didn't come out of thin air.
[19:33] <Savant> Dispatcher> err... just a moment Sir... ::and a brief pause:: They're heading around the Dispensation District circle and southeast on Helena Boulevard
[19:34] <Thierry> +Com+ Good point, sir, I can get it
[19:34] <Mem> +phone+ ::frowns:: They?
[19:34] <Mem> +phone+ The cab is still occupied?
[19:34] <Savant> Dispatcher> Driver's got three passengers, sir.
[19:35] <Mem> +phone+ Three? Can you confirm that they're the same passengers that boarded within the last hour?
[19:35] <Mem> ::flips his comm back on, so the others can hear this::
[19:36] <Savant> Dispatcher> ::checks again, another brief pause. He seems amused:: Heh, no sir. Too busy a night for that. He's done three runs this hour.
[19:36] <Mem> +phone+ Can you tell me where he dropped off the couple... would've been picked up nearly an hour ago on Whyte.
[19:36] <Gabriel> ::quietly:: +com+ There's an active phone in the passenger seat. If my guess is right and this is a bomb, the phone's connected wirelessly to a detonator. They make a phone call, boom.
[19:37] <Gabriel> ::quietly:: +com+ It's a trick at least 4000 years old.
[19:38] <Joanna> +subvoc+ Then it seems like a rather obvious trigger.
[19:38] <Savant> Dispatcher> Looks like they went down Voyle Ave to South Terrence Boulevard, then down side street. Riverfront property. "The Terrence Hotel"
[19:38] <Thierry> +Com+ What do you need from me sir?
[19:38] <Mem> +phone+ The couple got out at the Terrence Hotel? You're sure?
[19:39] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:39] <Savant> Dispatch> That's where the driver let them off.
[19:39] <Mem> +phone+ Thank you very much for your cooperation. What's your name?
[19:40] <Savant> Dispatcher> Majore Clerest, sir.
[19:40] <Joanna> +subvoc+ Then again... this is my first bomb.
[19:41] <Mem> +phone+ Majore, my agency will contact your company later to confirm my status. One final question. Do you know if this couple was picked up again in that area? Or separately?
[19:41] <Joanna> ::starts heading back down the street, the way they came::
[19:41] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Terrence Hotel. ::uncrosses his arms and pushes off from the wall:: Anyone good at hailing cabs?
[19:42] <Savant> Dispatcher> ::pauses a few moments:: If so, they waited twenty minutes before being picked up again, sir, and they split up. The next pickups from the hotel were 22 minutes later and were individual passengers.
[19:42] <Gabriel> ::quietly:: +com+ You're a go on that hotel. Birkin and I will remain with the truck.
[19:42] <Joanna> ::stops mid-step, sighs, and turns around, heading back towards the others::
[19:42] <Mem> +phone+ ::repeats so the team can hear:: Individual passengers twenty-two minutes later. A man and a woman?
[19:43] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Aye. Joanna, get a cab. ::moves to the edge of the street in between a pair of parked cars::
[19:43] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger sir ::Heads out to meet up with roland and Joanna::
[19:43] <Savant> Dispatcher> That's right sir.
[19:44] <Joanna> ::mildy bemused - it IS her role on the team, transportation on the ground... she steps to where she can flag down a cab::
[19:44] <Mem> +phone+ Majore, your help and patience is commendable. Can you tell me where these two people were let out?
[19:45] <Savant> Majore> ::another bit of a pause:: One went to the dispensation district. One went to the university grounds.
[19:45] <Mem> ::stops in his tracks as he starts to cross the street::
[19:45] <Mem> +phone+ Tell me where in the dispensation, please. Specifically.
[19:46] <Savant> After a moment, Joanna's got a cabby slowing down and rolling down his window to accept the group.
[19:46] <Joanna> ::slides in first::
[19:46] <Mem> ::covers the phone:: Wait a second, guys. Hold the cab.
[19:46] <Thierry> ::Slides in next to Joanna and says to the cabby:: Terrence Hotel, and we have one more coming
[19:47] <Savant> Majore> Black ave and Helena, sir.
[19:47] <Ardelmos> ::opens the front door and sits down beside the cabby so Mem can get in the back::
[19:47] <Mem> +phone+ All right. The man or the woman?
[19:47] <Savant> Cabby> ::nods:: Terrence hotel, you bet.
[19:48] <Savant> Majore> Don't know sir - we don't track that sort of thing. All I know is that we had a drop off of two people , and then twenty two minutes later, we had two seperate pick ups.
[19:48] <Thierry> And if you could expedite the process we's be most apprecietive
[19:49] <Ardelmos> ::reaches into his pocket and pulls out a wad of credits to emphasize Thierry's point::
[19:49] <Savant> Cabby> Hey, if you wanna pay the ticket...
[19:49] <Mem> +phone+ I see. All right, Majore, I need to go. My agency will contact you later. Your help has been very important to us. I may need your help later. How late do you work?
[19:49] <Savant> Majore> I'm on 'till six, sir.
[19:49] <Mem> ::points at Joanna's cab and gestures for them to go to the hotel::
[19:50] <Gabriel> ::continues waiting for the tow truck from NGB Sesshu::
[19:50] <Mem> +phone+ One more thing, then, and I'll let you go. What time was the drop off on Helena?
[19:50] <Thierry> I don't think that will be a problem. Lets go
[19:50] <Savant> Majore> 3654, sir. About five minutes ago.
[19:51] <Mem> +phone+ Thank you. Good night. ::hangs up::
[19:51] <Mem> +com+ If these individual drop-offs are connected, one of our friends is just a few blocks away as of five minutes ago. I need someone to come with me. What are you doing, Boomer?
[19:51] <Savant> The cab pulls out and into traffic, accelerating faster than one ought to once he's out of sight of the cops and on the traffic circle
[19:53] <Mem> ::waves down a cab::
[19:53] <Mem> +com+ Captain, care to join me?
[19:53] <Joanna> ::glances at the others in the cab, wondering just what they're going to find::
[19:53] <Gabriel> ::nods for Boomer to go with Mem:: <<if I can>> +com+ Negative. I'll hold here until the truck is moved.
[19:54] <Thierry> ::Slips out his wallet and gets out the necessary cash show they can be ready to go::
[19:54] <Mem> +com+ All right. I'll try to get a visual.
[19:54] <Savant> He's not a talkative cabby, but he's ruthlessly efficient. You can also see that he's got a higher rate than usual right now, to account for any traffic violations he might accrue with the speed he's going.
[19:54] <Mem> ::waves down a cab::
[19:54] <Savant> Mem flags down a second cab in the Dispensation district, which slows down and lets him in
[19:55] <Mem> ::gets in with Birkin:: Black and Helena. Quickly please.
[19:55] <Savant> Cabbie2> You betcha. ::pulls out into the street::
[19:56] <Savant> As Mem pulls up, a tow truck comes down the street, slowing down as he approaches the area where the Norguard truck is waiting.
[19:56] <Savant> It doesn't take long for the cabs to arrive at their destinations - one at the Terrence Hotel, one at Black Ave and Helena.
[19:56] <Joanna> ::pops out and gestures that Roland's going to pay::
[19:57] <Gabriel> ::pushes off from leaning against the truck and waves at the tow truck driver::
[19:57] <Mem> ::hands the cabbie his fare with at least 40% tip:: Do me a favor and just circle around this area.
[19:57] <Savant> Cabbie> ::Takes the money and nods:: You want what, half hour? I can do that, for this.
[19:57] <Thierry> ::Slips the cabbie a bill and then hops out:: You've been a greater help then you know
[19:58] <Joanna> Hotel> ::waits for the others to get out of the cab::
[19:58] <Savant> The Tow truck aprks in front of the Norguard vehicle and the driver comes out, heading over to Gabriel as he's waved at.
[19:58] <Ardelmos> ::glances at the meter, parses out the required number of bills plus a few extra given what denominations he has and hands them to the cabby:: Keep the change. ::opens the passenger door and steps out::
[19:58] <Mem> ::stays in the back seat and glances out the window:: Don't know yet. I can pay for however long you're inconvenienced.
[19:58] <Thierry> ::Looks to Roland:: Whats the plan
[19:58] <Savant> Cabbie> ::nods to Roland, then drives off::
[19:59] <Mem> Just take it easy, and maybe keep your eyes open for a tall, drop-dead gorgeous brunette.
[19:59] <Mem> If you can spare your eyes.
[19:59] <Mem> ::grins and looks on the sidewalks for either Buchene or Anala::
[20:00] <Joanna> ::looks at Roland:: Don't ask me, ask him.
[20:00] <Ardelmos> ::glances at Thierry, then Joanna:: You did good enough last time -- head to the front desk, the two of you, and say you're meeting friends. Describe 'er and describe 'im, and find out where they are.
[20:00] <Ardelmos> <::to Thierry::>>
[20:00] <Savant> The Terrence Hotel is magnificent - the architecture is a muted limestone that almost looks like butter. It's gotten a little worn, but the tall fluted columns holding up the veranda in front of the hotel looks magnificent. This entire area looks old and well-tended.
[20:00] <Ardelmos> ::bares his teeth slightly:: Then tell me.
[20:01] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: C'mon Thi. ::heads in::
[20:01] <Thierry> ::Nods and follows earther girl::
[20:02] <Joanna> <Hotel> ::wastes no time in striding up to the desk:: Hi! We're looking for some friends of ours, they said we should meet them here. ::describes the two they seek::
[20:02] <Ardelmos> ::gives the two of them long enough to enter the hotel lobby, then follows behind them at a slower pace::
[20:03] <Thierry> <Hotel> ::Pulls off his goggles and smile::
[20:03] <Gabriel> ::nods at the driver and pulls out his Norguard ID:: We're taking this truck back to NGB Sesshu. First thing, though: I need to get in it.
[20:04] <Ardelmos> ::enters the lobby slowly and glances around for a brief period, identifying the front desk and where Thierry and Joanna have gone before wandering over to the bar/restaurant and peering at the menu::
[20:04] <Mem> ::to the cabbie as he watches out his side of the cab:: What's in this immediate area worth visiting?
[20:06] <Savant> Clerk> ::looks Joanna and Thierry up and down:: We get a lot of people through here. Do you know if they've got a room?
[20:06] <Joanna> Hmm. They didn't say anything about it, but they might have. You know how it is. ::knowing grin and a wink::
[20:07] <Savant> TowTruckDriver> Oh, yeah? Sure, I'll get my kit. ::goes back to his truck to get his locksmith tools::
[20:07] <Thierry> ::Looks to Joanna and gets a somewhat mischevious grin on his face::
[20:07] <Savant> Driver> ::to Mem:: Heh, what isn't? Everything's in walking distance of this corner, man. This is the heart of the district.
[20:08] <Mem> Any transit stations? Or is cab the best way to get around?
[20:09] <Gabriel> ::starts moving around the truck, taking up the mannerism of someone whose vehicle has broken down::
[20:09] <Savant> The tow truck driver goes bakc to his truck and comes back with a gun-shaped tool that has a metal rod sticking out of its "barrell". He saunters over to the Norguard truck, sticks the metal bar into the lock, and pulls the trigger. The bar yanks out the entire lock mechanism and he takes a step back to put his tool away
[20:09] <Savant> Driver> Cabs are pretty common, but you can take the bus if you want to. Locals usually take the bus. Visitors, almost always take cabs.
[20:10] <Gabriel> ::nods his thanks at the driver and pulls the door open without using the latch since the latch is now seemingly disconnected::
[20:10] <Savant> Clerk> ::shrugs a bit:: Without names I won't know if we have them here. You should check out the restaurant or casino.
[20:11] <Mem> ::nods:: Say, do you know the guy who drives #244?
[20:11] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ You know what they look like and you know when they showed up. Use it.
[20:12] <Savant> Gabriel opens the door to the Norguard truck. Immediately something in the shell of the truck starts -loudly - playing a stirring rendition of the NEC national anthem. The crowds int he area turn in curiousity, but amidst the chaos and noise of the District many don't notice or care.
[20:12] <Joanna> Yeah, probably waiting for us there I guess. Thanks! ::heads off for the casino::
[20:12] <Thierry> ::Follows Joanna with a now::
[20:12] <Thierry> <<nod>>
[20:12] <Gabriel> ::puts hand to phone and turns it off, suspecting it's the source of the ringing::
[20:12] <Savant> Driver> ::to Mem:: 244# ::thinks a bit:: Yeah. Patrick. Good guy. Why?
[20:13] <Mem> Do you have his cell number?
[20:13] <Savant> The phone turns off. The sound does not.
[20:13] <Savant> Driver> Sure, why? I don't think i should just be handing it out, y'know what I mean?
[20:13] <Gabriel> ::tucks the phone in his pack for now and starts looking for the source of the noise::
[20:14] <Mem> ::grins at the cabbie:: I just need to ask him about a couple of passengers he had earlier tonight.
[20:14] <Joanna> ::once they're out of earshot of the front desk:: Easy place to lose oneself, a casino.
[20:14] <Mem> And I will pay you the night off if you'd like.
[20:15] <Ardelmos> ::mutters to himself as Joanna and Thierry give up so quickly, and looks up from the menu at the front of the restaurant to the seating area proper to make sure that the two targets aren't there having dinner.
[20:15] <Ardelmos> ::
[20:15] <Savant> The> casino and lounge at the Terrence Hotel is anything but simple. The ceiling to the place is about two stories up, and the limestone and marble architecture continues inside, acented with plush red carpets and brass accents. It's big enough that it could easily hold a few thousand people.
[20:15] <Savant> ((oops again))
[20:15] <Savant> The casino and lounge at the Terrence Hotel is anything but simple. The ceiling to the place is about two stories up, and the limestone and marble architecture continues inside, acented with plush red carpets and brass accents. It's big enough that it could easily hold a few thousand people.
[20:15] <Thierry> Should we split up?
[20:17] <Joanna> ::thinks for a minutes, then reluctantly frowns:: No. If this "girlfriend" of Mem's is here... and if she's tied in with my brother.
[20:17] <Joanna> ...well, let's just say I have a feeling Tynes wouldn't want me left alone to face him.
[20:17] <Thierry> ::Notes a data terminal:: Wait a sec, let me check something
[20:18] <Savant> The NEC national anthem is a stirring march, full of brass and cymbals. The fact that it's coming from the back of a Northern Guard truck gets a few people eyeing the thing
[20:18] <Joanna> ::follows Thierry:: Got an idea?
[20:19] <Gabriel> ::looks for a little sliding window or something to look in the back::
[20:19] <Thierry> Maybe ::starts fiddling with the terminal::
[20:19] <Gabriel> ::finds a window, blocked by a piece of cardboard, and tries to remove the cardboard by pulling, sliding, or pushing::
[20:20] <Thierry> Dang, no registry I can get to
[20:20] <Joanna> Well, don't do anything stupid, like try to hack into the hotel's accounts.
[20:21] <Gabriel> <<delete, retype>>
[20:21] <Mem> ::to the cabbie:: In fact, you should ask him for me. Just find out if the passengers at around 35:50, on Whyte, said anything about where they were going.
[20:21] <Gabriel> ::finds a window, blocked by a piece of cardboard, and tries to open the window so he can try to move the cardboard::
[20:22] <Savant> Gabriel can open the window, and the sound gets louder as he does so, since he's opening a direct connection tot he sound. It's just getting to the heart-stirring climax, too.
[20:22] <Joanna> You know... I never really understood the whole "needle and a haystack" expression... ::looks into the casino:: ...I think I do now.
[20:22] <Gabriel> ::tries to push the cardboard out of the way and draws his taser out of his jacket:: Someone's idea of a bad joke...
[20:23] <Ardelmos> ::straightens slightly as he looks into the restaurant -- he can't see either of Buschene or the woman inside, but something struck him as seriously 'off' about the place...something about the clientele of the restaurant::
[20:23] <Savant> Driver> ::nods his head to Mem:: Yeah, sure. Gimme a sec. ::pulls out his phone and dials::
[20:24] <Thierry> +Com+ Roland, we
[20:24] <Thierry> +Com+ Roland, we're checking the casino ::STarts looking about for the girl and his earther friend::
[20:24] <Ardelmos> ::looks from person to person sitting at the tables within the restaurant, as well as the waiters serving them, to see if there's any sort of pattern or unusual indicator of something out of place::
[20:25] <Savant> Gabriel pulls open the cardboard and sees a large device sitting int he back of the truck. Twelve cans, about the size of two-litre bottles, are taped around a central deice, each one connected by wires. On the top is an alarm clock (playing the music) which is connected to said canisters.
[20:25] <Joanna> ::Fortunately, no need to disguise that they're looking for someone -- Joanna's looking everywhere::
[20:25] <Gabriel> ::fires his taser on the alarm clock::
[20:28] <Ardelmos> ::frowns to himself -- those in the restaurant all looked rather upper class, with a pragmatic sort of air about them -- exactly the sort of people you wouldn't expect to find in a city of artists and scientists::
[20:28] <Ardelmos> ::pulls out his PDA and quickly punches in a query into the database concerning the hotel itself and its role in the city's economy::
[20:30] <Savant> Gabriel blasts the timer just mere seconds before what would likely be a very fateful cymbal crash. The tow truck driver leans in behind him as the music dies.
[20:30] <Ardelmos> ::arches an eyebrow at the query result -- for an old and prosperous hotel in a city of rather non 'uppity' people, there were an awful lot of uppity people in the restaurant::
[20:30] <Joanna> ::still glancing around::
[20:31] <Gabriel> ::tucks away the taser, looking rather annoyed:: Damned drunks and their jokes.
[20:31] <Thierry> ::Looks around the Casino, never liking places like this::
[20:31] <Gabriel> ::puts the truck in neutral, hops out, and closes the door:: Let's get this back to the base. I'll ride with you, if that's all right.
[20:31] <Savant> Driver> ::talks a bit and then hangs up his phone:: Yeah, looks like he dropped your friends off at the Terrence about half an hour ago.
[20:32] <Mem> ::nods:: I knew that much. He didn't say there was anything they said unusual?
[20:32] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Watch yourselves, you too. Something about the fuckers in this place doesn't fit. ::mutters:: I hope we didn't just walk into a den of Earthers.
[20:32] <Savant> Mechanic> ::looks over at Gabriel:: Where'm I towing it?
[20:33] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger ::Starts looking about even harder::
[20:33] <Gabriel> ::repeats:: Guard Base Sesshu, thanks.
[20:33] <Joanna> +subvoc+ ::scornfully:: If this were a den of Earthers, I'd KNOW.
[20:33] <Savant> Mechanic> You bet. ::sets about his work::
[20:34] <Mem> ::sighs and falls back into the back seat of the cab, frustrated::
[20:34] <Gabriel> ::waits for the adrenaline to wear off, then lets himself have a good solid case of the shakes for a minute::
[20:34] <Thierry> ::Shrugs and keeps looking around::
[20:34] <Joanna> +subvoc+ I'll say this though... if this joint ain't run by the mob, then it's probably just about to be bought out by them.
[20:34] <Savant> Joanna and Roland are both looking into a side lounge, beside the main restaurant and casino. It's a bit more plush, quite tastefully decorated, well serviced by staff, and filled with suits and other well-to-do's.
[20:35] <Savant> Driver> ::shrugs:: Not really. Seemed like a nice couple to him. Tipped well.
[20:35] <Mem> Well, that was a waste of twenty minutes. Terrence Hotel, please.
[20:35] <Savant> Driver> You bet, buddy. What'd these guys do, anyways? ::drives off::
[20:35] <Gabriel> ::deep breathes a few times to cool back down, then taps his subvoc:: +com+ Your new girlfriend did indeed leave us a rather large present. I think it's taken care of for the moment, or at least I hope so.
[20:36] <Joanna> ::frowns:: +subvoc+ Sorry Roland. You might actually be right, now that I think about it...
[20:36] <Thierry> +Com+ ::Gives a clear sigh:: No luck here zo far capitaine.
[20:36] <Mem> ::looks at Birkin:: Though I doubt they're there. ::grins at the cabbie:: They have some debts to pay.
[20:37] <Mem> +com+ She's not my girlfriend.
[20:37] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Captain, I don't think the clientele of this hotel ain't entirely local, if you get my meaning. ::slides away from the restaurant menu and towards the lobby exit::
[20:37] <Savant> Driver> ::nods vigorously:: Yeah, I see. Hard up, huh? They in trouble with the mob or something? Makes sense, them goin there.
[20:38] <Joanna> ::to Thierry:: I think we'd best see if our "friends" are elsewhere.
[20:39] <Gabriel> +com+ Check it out, rendezvous back at the base when you can. I'm staying with the package. ::scoops up the bag with Gotah's cigarettes in it::
[20:39] <Thierry> ::Nods:: Agreed
[20:39] <Joanna> +subvoc+ Pulling back to the casino entrance. Too easy to get ambushed in here.
[20:39] <Savant> The tow truck driver has hooked up the Norguard truck and is about ready to leave at this point.
[20:40] <Mem> ::grins, leaning forward, chatting into the cabbie's right ear:: Bastard stole my girlfriend, too. It's much worse than the mob.
[20:41] <Gabriel> ::nods at the driver:: Take it slow and easy, if you would. No rush. You'll get paid double rate for this one. The drunks that left the truck here left quite a mess in the back and any shaking or twisting's likely to make it damned hard to clean up.
[20:41] <Savant> Driver> ::taps the bridge of his nose with a finger:: ooh, I see. Well, I'll get ya there in time. Don't worry.
[20:41] <Gabriel> ::hops into the passenger seat of the tow truck::
[20:41] <Thierry> ::Walks out of the casino naturally, but watching his back::
[20:41] <Joanna> ::starts weaving her way to the entrance, unnerved... what better way to set up covert ops on a planet by making inroads with the same sort of guys who run your government?::
[20:41] <Savant> Mechanic> ::Nods:: sure, no problem. Funny car alarm for a Guard truck.
[20:42] <Gabriel> ::remembers and hops out long enough to recover his first scrambler and pocket it, nudging the second one inside the lock mechanism so it wouldn't fall off, then hops back in::
[20:42] <Mem> ::snorts and leans back again:: It's always money and women.
[20:43] <Savant> The tow truck begins its long way back to NGB Sesshu through the busy streets of the Dispensation District
[20:43] <Gabriel> ::chuckles:: What else would a Norguard truck alarm play? I didn't say it was a bad joke.
[20:43] <Savant> Driver> 'Course it is. It's Sesshu! Ha!
[20:43] <Joanna> ::isn't too far behind Thierry getting out of the casino::
[20:45] <Savant> Mechanic> ::laughs, but doesn't really get it - he's being polite::
[20:45] <Mem> ::reaches forward and pays the cabbie an additional 300 marks:: My friend, have a wonderful night. Go enjoy yourself. Enjoy money and women. ::pats him on the shoulder:: And don't ever take them for granted.
[20:46] <Mem> ::as he gets out of the cab at the hotel:: For they may be gone tomorrow.
[20:46] <Savant> Driver> ::is honestly suprised by the more than generous tip:: Prophet bless you, sir! Good luck!
[20:46] <Joanna> ::taps her foot impatiently:: So now what?
[20:46] <Ardelmos> ::exits through the front door of the hotel, but immediately moves to the side of the sliding doors and into the alcove surrounding the entrance::
[20:46] <Gabriel> ::explains:: Sorry, I should stop thinking everyone's in the Guard. It's the old regimental theme song of the Smoking Guns.
[20:46] <Mem> ::closes the cab door and mutters to Birkin:: Prophet who? ::walks towards the hotel::
[20:47] <Savant> Mechanic> Ah! I see. Your regiment? ::turns a corner:: I got a son in the Guard. The Warhammers. 'e drives a tank.
[20:48] <Thierry> ::Walks out the door and then sees Mem and Birkin, shaking his head::
[20:48] <Mem> ::approaches Thierry:: Anything?
[20:48] <Mem> ::catches the head shake::
[20:48] <Joanna> ::sighs as Thierry walks off... leaving her alone::
[20:48] <Mem> ::continues into the hotel::
[20:48] <Thierry> Just a wreched hive of scum and earthers
[20:49] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Indeed. And that's a fine job. Aller driver? There's nothing that an Aller won't do.
[20:49] <Mem> ::comes up to the front desk, glancing around, then removes his shades::
[20:49] <Joanna> ::watches Mem walk past::
[20:49] <Mem> ::gives the desk clerk a big smile::
[20:49] <Thierry> ::Shrugs to Roland:: Perhaps he'll have better luck
[20:50] <Savant> Mechanic> A Slammer, would you believe it! Boy's doin' real well for himself. His mother'n I worry about him a lot, obviously - not really a safe job - but he does us proud.
[20:51] <Gabriel> ::smiles:: The Slammers and their crews do us all proud. Your son must be quite a driver.
[20:52] <Savant> The woman at the desk looks up at MEm and smiles in return to him
[20:52] <Joanna> ::keeps Mem in the corner of her eye at the desk... she feigns looking at her chrono::
[20:54] <Savant> Mechanic> He sure is. Helluva driver. He's kept the boys in his tank alive through - what is it, five engagements now? Two up agianst that Khan fleet that was wandering round Rahnguard during the Interpolar.
[20:54] <Mem> I'm supposed to meet my girlfriend here. Can you tell me if she's arrived yet?
[20:54] <Savant> Clerk> Certainly, sir. What was her name?
[20:54] <Mem> Usmani.
[20:55] <Savant> Clerk> ::checks her terminal:: No one by this name here, Sir. She may not have checked in. Perhaps you'll want to take a look around.
[20:55] <Gabriel> ::whistles appreciation:: Nasty business, that.
[20:55] <Mem> Oh. She may not have used her old married name. Maybe it's under Heathe? ::grins at the woman:: Sorry.
[20:57] <Savant> Mechanic> Yeah. ::slows down a bit as the tow truck and towed vehicle pas through a section of the road with rumble strips:: Wish e'd gone into something a little less risky, but 'e loves it, so what can we do? Least it's nice and quiet now. Unless you believe the tabloids, I guess.
[20:57] <Savant> Clerk> ::checks again:; No Heathe either, sir.
[20:57] <Mem> ::taps the counter and then checks the clock on the wall::
[20:58] <Mem> ::grins at the clerk again:: All right. Thanks a bunch.
[20:58] <Savant> Clerk> Of course, Sir.
[20:58] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[20:58] <Mem> ::watches the clerk for any kind of odd reaction, then turns and heads back to the front door, passing Joanna, quietly whispering:: Watch her for a few.
[20:59] <Savant> there we go! a bit long winded. I was worried that the sim might flop - investigative sims can do that sometimes
[20:59] <Joanna> ::attn::
[20:59] <Mem> ::raises hand::
[20:59] <Savant> hopefully you had fun, though
[20:59] <Savant> Mem?
[20:59] <Mem> What made Roland feel like the hotel was full of Earthers? I missed that.
[21:00] <Savant> if you want, make a Streetwise/PSY roll, no cpx
[21:00] <Savant> Mem, upon being in there, you get the distinct impression that there are some Bad Vibes in here.
[21:00] <Mem> Bad Vibes (TM)?
[21:01] <Savant> like, the sort of vibes you'd get if you wanted into an italian restaurant in downtown New York and the place was empty except for a table of italian men in suits.
[21:01] * Scotty has joined #BT05
[21:01] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Scotty
[21:01] <Mem> Hmm... that's way too cryptic
[21:01] <Savant> mobsters.
[21:01] <Mem> So it's an intimidation feeling?
[21:02] <Savant> not entirely. Just a feeling of "i had better be careful"
[21:02] <Thierry> yuppers
[21:02] <Mem> How strange.
[21:02] <Mem> Mem's dressed decently. He can mingle next week
[21:02] <Savant> yup
[21:02] <Savant> anyways. Comment, good or bad?
[21:02] <Thierry> Nice change of pace
[21:02] <Mem> Good after the 90 minute mark.
[21:02] <Savant> once you got a bit of a lead, you mean? ^_-
[21:03] <Mem> Yeah.
[21:03] <Gabriel> Very enjoyable, yeah. Smile I was pacing there for a bit.
[21:03] <Savant> yeah. I didn't want it to be too hard, but i also didn't want it to be too easy
[21:03] <Savant> heh. I was all like OMGWTF don't just sit there! It's a bomb! NEC anthem! C'mon! Boom!
[21:03] <Mem> And it wasn't that it was bad the first 90 minutes, it was just on my end I had no idea what to do.
[21:03] <Thierry> Now we just have to get the bomb in Icehaven Smile
[21:03] <Savant> no no nono don't CLIMB IN! You face a-splode!
[21:03] <Gabriel> Well, it's hard to put in one action then wait for the result. Wink
[21:03] <Savant> yeah, i know ^_-
[21:04] <Gabriel> Oh yeah, like Gabriel's gonna run away and let people get blown up. Not likely. Wink
[21:04] <Savant> BOMMM
[21:04] <Savant> anyways. Would you likes some experiences?
[21:04] <Joanna> I'd just like to point out Joanna was dead-on about there being a bomb Wink
[21:04] <Gabriel> "I forgot t' tell ya. 'BOM' means 'screw you' in Polish."
[21:04] <Thierry> Yessir I'd like some XP
[21:04] <Mem> The only idea I have for next week is to have Mem hack into the hotel computers/security.
[21:04] <Gabriel> And yes, please. Wink
[21:05] <Joanna> Please sair, may I have som'more?
[21:05] <Savant> two points as a base, for generally a good game, I thought. Would you say that you executed a vital maneuver or got some critical information with this game?
[21:05] <Mem> Or to try and bribe/seduce the clerk to be more forthcoming with information about who arrived at about 1:00 am
[21:05] <Gabriel> Aheh. About four pieces of vital information, I'd say.
[21:05] <Thierry> Um, we stopped a car bombing Smile
[21:06] <Savant> i'll give you one for getting the car bomb before it asploded, and one more for successfully picking up Corporal McHot's trail. So, four.
[21:06] <Gabriel> Actually, ironically, that's much lower on the importance list than the phone, the nature of the explosives, and the Bad Vibes Hotel.
[21:06] <Savant> still, only four ^_-
[21:06] <Savant> and moving on
[21:06] <Gabriel> Was responding to Thierry. Wink
[
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:00] * Gabriel has joined #bt05
[18:00] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Gabriel
[18:00] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:00] * Alarien has joined #bt05
[18:00] * ChanServ sets mode: +v Alarien
[18:00] * Mem has joined #BT05
[18:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:00] <Ardelmos> ::attn and stuff::
[18:00] <Joanna> ::Attn::
[18:00] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[18:00] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:00] <Craig> ::attn:
[18:00] <Craig> :
[18:01] <Thierry> ::attn::
[18:01] * Joanna sets mode: +o Mem
[18:01] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:01] <Savant> i just wanted to get everyone in the channel and awake, and start the game at the right time. I know you still need time to figure out what you're doing
[18:01] <Savant> that being said, i'll re-brief you, and then you can get back to figuring it out.
[18:01] <Savant> second verse, same as the first
[18:01] <Savant> A Traitor in Our Midst
[18:01] <Savant> 13 Winter TN 1944, 0200h - Past Midnight
[18:01] <Savant> Dispensation District, Sesshu
[18:01] <Savant> 4 degrees Celcius, 11% humidity
[18:01] <Savant> Two full days of investigating has bourne heavy fruit. The Gears used by the Bloody Twelve were traced back to their point of purchase,and from there the money was traced back along a complicated web of shell companies and false names to Icehaven, then to a Port Arthur investment agency.
[18:01] <Savant> The more interesting lead was apparently entirely accidental. Lieutenant Gage's flirtations with an attractive corporal in NGB Sesshu have resulted in an interesting lead - her voice turned up in captured recordings of business meetings with the Port Arthur investment firm.
[18:01] <Savant> With a heavy potential that she is either working with the CEF or is an Earther herself, the Talons have followed her out to the entertainment core of Sesshu in order to track her down and bring her in for interrogation.
[18:01] <Savant> If only all of Mem's dalliances proved to be so useful...
[18:01] <Savant> Please acknowledge when ready.
[18:02] <Thierry> Ack
[18:02] <Gabriel> ack And I think we've figured out what we're doing.
[18:02] <Birkin> ack
[18:02] <Joanna> ack
[18:02] <Mem> ack
[18:02] <Ardelmos> Who the heck is Lieutenant Gage?
[18:02] <Mem> Mem
[18:02] <Mem> Thanks for paying attention
[18:02] <Mem> Wink
[18:02] <Savant> Mem decided to change his last name to something less Star WArs
[18:03] <Ardelmos> Aka...mem...non....fall....ing....star. I see no 'Gage'
[18:03] <Mem> It was only brought up two or three times last Thursday.
[18:03] <Thierry> Smile
[18:03] <Ardelmos> You needed four.
[18:03] <Gabriel> Detecting Ret-Con. Sterilize! Imperfection! Sterillllize!
[18:03] <Mem> And in the log.
[18:04] <Mem> And in Colin's reply to the log. Wink
[18:04] <Savant> anyways. Please feel free to continue your planning and investigation
[18:04] <Mem> anyway.
[18:04] <Gabriel> Anyway, two teams. Gabriel, Birkin, Roland will go to the Icehaven depot we've been before and hope we get lucky. Mem, Craig, Joanna, Thierry will stake out the hotel, waiting for someone we recognize to come in or go out. ::grins:: Mem is in command of the latter mission.
[18:04] <Mem> Icehaven depot is the one that was destroyed?
[18:04] <Mem> Oh, sorry, that was Pere
[18:04] <Thierry> ::Points back to lemos::
[18:04] <Gabriel> Yeah.
[18:04] <Ardelmos> No, that was...
[18:04] <Gabriel> The only commonality in the bombings seems to be they're hitting places that have helped us track info down.
[18:05] <Mem> So how much later is this stakeout?
[18:05] <Thierry> I still think Thierry should go to Icehaven
[18:05] <Gabriel> Any particular reason?
[18:05] <Joanna> And Roland, Mem changed his name because we all know how you struggle with long words with multiple syllables Wink
[18:05] <Thierry> 1) He has local knowledge
[18:06] <Mem> And you put the best eyes on one team.
[18:06] <Thierry> 2) He has a highly placed connection in Icehaven
[18:06] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Fine. Gabriel, Birkin, Thierry will go to the Icehaven depot we've been before and hope we get lucky. Mem, Craig, Joanna, Roland will stake out the hotel, waiting for someone we recognize to come in or go out. ::grins:: Mem is in command of the latter mission.
[18:07] <Mem> Come in or out the front door? It's a big hotel.
[18:07] <Gabriel> Who said front door?
[18:07] <Thierry> There's 4 of you Smile
[18:07] <Gabriel> Certainly not me.
[18:07] <Joanna> I call "the door not with Roland"
[18:07] <Savant> so we want to jog ahead a few hours, then?
[18:07] <Mem> Not sure we'd have enough people to cover every exit.
[18:07] <Mem> And when is this taking place?
[18:07] <Gabriel> If you're smart, you'll put Roland on a rooftop somewhere with a sniper rifle and Craig in a vehicle.
[18:07] <Gabriel> But it's your mission, Lieutenant. Wink
[18:08] <Mem> What vehicles do we have access to?
[18:08] <Joanna> Put Craig in handcuffs, Joanna in the vehicle Wink
[18:08] <Gabriel> Um, duh. Rent a car. Civilian.
[18:08] <Savant> well, it was 0200h at the end of last game.
[18:08] <Craig> now's not the time to get kinky joanna:)
[18:09] <Craig> besides. thats mem's fantasy for hotpants:)
[18:10] <Mem> Oh noes. I have a brilliant idea that probably won't work because the GM can see it coming a mile away. Wink
[18:10] <Savant> o noes!
[18:11] <Mem> Colin, what sort of exits does the hotel have?
[18:12] <Savant> big entrance in the front, two smaller ones on the sides, underground parking lot with two entrances there, and a receiving bay door with two man doors near it
[18:12] <Mem> And are there any buildings adjacent to the hotel that are as high or higher?
[18:13] <Mem> eh. Wish we had the entire team.
[18:13] <Ardelmos> I was just gonna put Roland on a roof 1/4 to 1/2 a click off.
[18:13] <Mem> The problem is the hotel might be the tallest building nearby, which probably isn't great for a sniper... though Roland has great stealth, so it might not matter.
[18:13] <Savant> it's the tallest building in the immediate area
[18:14] <Mem> "Hey, who's that guy down on that roof with the gun?"
[18:14] <Ardelmos> So put him in a room in another hotel.
[18:15] <Mem> My brilliant idea is to get ahold of the cabbie that dropped Mem off. Borrow his cab for a few hours. Park it out front with its service light off and wait for a familiar face.
[18:15] <Mem> Craig can wait for a signal, or a familiar face, then activate the cab for service.
[18:15] <Mem> Wink
[18:16] <Savant> hee
[18:16] <Savant> that'
[18:16] <Mem> That covers the front exit.
[18:16] <Savant> s cute
[18:16] <Joanna> <Craig> ::as the Earther gets in:: Hello, I'm a JohnnyCab!
[18:16] <Mem> Could put Roland in a position to have range on a side exit and the front, or the underground entrance.
[18:17] <Savant> i'm gonna give you guys five more minutes to solidify your plans
[18:17] <Joanna> I'd suggest Joanna in the underground parking lot in a rented civilian car so she can go into pursuit or block vehicles if need be.
[18:17] <Mem> That's fine. You wanna be alone?
[18:18] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: It's your call.
[18:18] <Joanna> I'm not sure she'll be able to watch both entrances from one spot down there.
[18:18] <Joanna> Colin?
[18:18] <Mem> OK, Joanna will be underground, watching the garage from a vehicle. Craig will watch the front door from a vehicle.
[18:19] <Savant> not exceptionally well, but she can do so, yes
[18:19] <Mem> Roland will look for a peep show in the windows
[18:19] <Mem> with a big ass gun.
[18:19] <Joanna> I thought that was Mem's job, peeping into windows Wink
[18:19] <Joanna> Especially the kind you feed quarters to. >;D
[18:20] <Mem> I want Mem to try and access the computers and security in the hotel, but I'm not sure how to do that.
[18:20] <Savant> two minutes to decide ^_-
[18:20] <Mem> It's been long enough we can have some more equipment?
[18:21] <Savant> what do you want?
[18:21] <Mem> a computer.
[18:21] <Thierry> Bribe the security chief Smile
[18:21] <Savant> they tell you to go buy one
[18:21] <Mem> who tells me?
[18:21] <Savant> talon HQ ^_-
[18:21] <Mem> He has one.
[18:21] <Savant> it's not cost effective to expedite a computer to you. Just buy one
[18:22] <Savant> well, yeah, but you said you wanted more equipment, then said "a computer"
[18:22] <Mem> He just didn't bring it with him on the recon mission.
[18:22] <Savant> oh. Whoops ^_-
[18:22] <Mem> I meant there was time to go back to base.
[18:22] <Mem> ?
[18:22] <Savant> you'll ahve to dash back to Sesshu base to get it
[18:22] <Savant> sure
[18:22] <Craig> just buy one mem, it's on talon credit after all:P
[18:22] <Savant> we're jogging ahead a few hours after all
[18:22] <Mem> k.
[18:22] <Savant> anyways. We'll be jogging ahead to 0800h.
[18:23] <Savant> all OOC chatter to #LemOS please ^_^
[18:23] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:23] <Ardelmos> ::from a window about a quarter klick away from the hotel, tracks the sight of his sniper rifle from head to head of the sharply dressed patrons visible through their room windows, finger lightly pressed up to the trigger as he quietly hums to himself:: If I were a rich man, la dee da dee da dee da dee da dee da dee da dee daaaa....
[18:23] <Joanna> ::sitting in the rental car in the basement, having found the best spot she can to watch both entrance/exits there::
[18:24] <Savant> It's been a long night. For half of the team, it's been a hurried rush out to Icehaven on the fastest Peresalona flight they could get; for the other half it's been a boring surveillance mission
[18:24] <Joanna> ::yawns, off-comm:: At least in there I'd have some fun stuff to do.
[18:25] <Craig> ::accros the street and down a bit from the hotel in a rented truck, watching the front door::
[18:26] <Thierry> ::Steps off the plane and starts getting his bearings...its been awhile since he's been in Icehaven::
[18:26] <Craig> <<replace truck with taxi>>
[18:27] <Ardelmos> ::leans back from the table in front of the window as his eyes start getting a little heavy, and flips open a small case with a series of pills in it, withdrawing two and tossing them into his mouth, swallowing without water::
[18:27] <Mem> ::sits in the back of Craig's taxi, setting up his computer::
[18:27] <Gabriel> ::steps off the plane in Icehaven and hopes the truck he arranged for is somewhere nearby::
[18:27] <Joanna> ::glances at the time, realizes it's time to check in:: +subvoc+ Checking in. Nothing unusual yet.
[18:27] <Savant> Icehaven isn't a pretty place on the outside - three squat oasis towers half buried into the face of a mesa. Tubes and pedways connect the towers. That's not visible, though - you're getting out of the airplane on top of the Mesa. All you can see is a few buildings, and Mel Viajilav heading out to greet you.
[18:28] <Birkin> I> That sniffer isn't going to cut it. We're going to have to go by something else to find it ::sees Mel approaching and shuts up::
[18:28] <Ardelmos> ::grabs the pair of microbinoculars off the table due to their larger field of view, and making sure the reflective filter is on the front goes back to his peeping tom session::
[18:28] <Mem> +com+ Copy. ::to Joanna::
[18:28] <Gabriel> I> ::nods at Birkin:: Hopefully, someone has seen something out of the ordinary. ::adjusts his Peresalona Air Service uniform and heads for Mell::
[18:29] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> ::heads up, hands in pockets:: What ya got for us today?
[18:29] <Mem> ::waits a moment as the computer attempts to link itself to the hotel mainframe, and glances at the hotel's side and front entrances::
[18:30] <Gabriel> I> Morning, Mell. Transshipment of goods, as usual, and a couple of questions as usual. ::hands him the clipboard with the manifest::
[18:30] <Birkin> I> ::stands there impechably dressed as usual for this place looking around a bit::
[18:31] <Joanna> ::rolls her neck a few times... in a ways, it's not all that much different than waiting for a shopkeep to go out to the back of his store so she could get close up and grab some loot::
[18:31] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> ::takes the clipboard and checks it off, nodding:: sure, of course. You guys find what you were lookin for last you came around?
[18:31] <Joanna> ::only now it's waiting for the shopkeep to come out, and not a shopkeep, but a spy... she chuckled -- funny how things worked sometimes::
[18:32] <Ardelmos> People really need to learn the value of closing their blinds... ::going from room to room in a different pattern than the last time he checked, as he had done all night::
[18:32] <Craig> ::makes sure the "on break" sign is visible to avoid approach by random passers by::
[18:32] <Thierry> I> Watches quietly, letting Gabe do his thing
[18:32] <Gabriel> Yep, thanks to you. Ironically, this is the exact opposite of that one. We've got good reason to believe someone shipped an extra shipment to you. Either smuggling or very directly. Probably would have had a PAS flag on it. You hear about our little incident?
[18:32] <Gabriel> << I> >>
[18:33] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> what little incident? I heard there was some trouble up at the Horwell ranch, but that's about it.
[18:34] <Gabriel> ::nods:: 11 Winter. The news of that didn't travel here? We think they're gonna hit here next. Someone's trying to knock over our distribution net. Competition... of an ugly sort.
[18:34] <Gabriel> <<Blah. I> >>
[18:34] <Thierry> I> ::Adjusts the uncomforatble PAS outfit he was ade to wear::
[18:35] <Thierry> <<Made>>
[18:35] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> Hah! Oh, THAT. You call that an incident? I call that a little more than a threat. ::Then, a brief pause:: Here, next? Really. You know who?
[18:36] <Gabriel> I> I> ::grim:: We've got a pretty good idea, yeah. ::digs a PDA out of one of his many pockets and pulls up three pictures::
[18:36] <Craig> ::glances back at mem:: any luck with the computer?
[18:37] <Gabriel> I> I> We don't know the name of the woman yet. The first man is Buchene. Second man is Mason Farrell. Mercs, work with GREL enforcers. Weird GREL that wear red contacts.
[18:37] <Joanna> ::hopes she probably looks like some wife waiting for her deadbeat husband to peel himself away from the poker table, having lost all the week's pay, ready to beat him into a bloody pulp::
[18:38] <Mem> ::yawns:: +com+ No one checked in. I'm checking the cameras.
[18:38] <Savant> At the Terrence Hotel, the team has split up and spread out in hopes of catching the culprits. People are starting to trickle out form the hotel in small groups as they head out into the city, and others begin coming in to register. It's 0800, morning is starting.
[18:39] <Craig> ::turns back to watch the door:: looks like things are starting to pick up
[18:39] <Thierry> I> ::Smiles slightly at the description of those they were looking for::
[18:39] <Joanna> ::at least, that seems like a suitable 'disguise' for this spot:: +subvoc+ Just wish I knew if the bad guys were here or not.
[18:40] <Mem> +com+ I'll let you know in a sec::yawns::ond
[18:40] <Mem> ::leans forward:: +com+ I see them on the camera from 1 o'clock.
[18:41] <Mem> +com+ Went into the lounge.
[18:41] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> ::frowns:: Never heard of'em. From Port Arthur, sounds like. I hear they've been rousing up trouble.
[18:41] <Mem> ::switches to other camera records to try and follow them through the hotel, seven hours previously::
[18:41] <Ardelmos> ::without taking his eyes out of the binoculars, reaches into his pocket and withdraws a stick of gum, popping it into his mouth as he pans downwards from the room windows and to the windows lining the main floor of the hotel::
[18:42] <Gabriel> I> Heard that around here? Can you tell me from who? And no extra shipments lately, nothing suspicious like that? The bomb they hit us with in Peresalona was in the back of a panel jeep. ::describes the Sesshu vehicle cargo box size::
[18:42] <Joanna> ::sees someone in a suit come out... he stands on the curb and looks around... Joanna slowly leans back, feigning sleep as she keeps an eye on him through nearly-closed eyes::
[18:42] <Mem> +com+ I still don't see them checking in. Trying to trace their movements
[18:43] <Mem> +com+ They talked with some suits, then disappeared into an elevator.
[18:43] <Birkin> I> ::frowns slightly looking around and trying to see anything odd or out of the ordinary here::
[18:43] <Joanna> +subvoc+ What type of suits?
[18:43] <Mem> +com+ Dress suits in the lounge.
[18:43] <Thierry> I> ::Prays that he gets to change out of this uniform, it was rather uncomfortable::
[18:44] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> ::scratches his chin:: Hm.. well, it's just been a rumour that Port Arthur's been wanting to horn in on Peace River's old turf here. You hear rovers talking about it from time to time. Can't think of any unaccounted-for shipments, though... you want to see the logs?
[18:44] <Joanna> +subvoc+ Color?
[18:44] <Ardelmos> ::is chewing somewhat faster than normal, given his current artificially stimulated mindset, as he goes back to monitoring the hotel windows::
[18:44] <Mem> +com+ The elevator goes to the fifth floor suite.
[18:44] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ These guys don't exactly strike me as the type to wear the same suit two days in a row.
[18:45] <Craig> ::continues to watch the door::
[18:45] * LrdVampyre has joined #BT05
[18:45] <Ardelmos> ::trains his binoculars up onto the windows for the fifth floor swuite as Mem says that::
[18:45] <Joanna> +subvoc+ We've been up all night. They might have too. And if the suits are dark slate grey, I've got one out back here looking around.
[18:45] <Gabriel> I> ::nods:: If you don't mind. And we've brought sniffers to have a look at your recent stuff, if you want us to.
[18:46] <Mem> +com+ One of them had a grey suit. Keep your eyes on that one, but don't let it distract you.
[18:46] <Craig> ::to mem:: i'm not seeing any suspects out here yet, they must still be in the hotel, or left some other way
[18:46] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> ::nods:: sure thing, c'mon with me. ::gestures for the three PAS couriers to follow him into the bay::
[18:46] <Mem> +com+ I'm still checking surveillance. I haven't seen any indication that they've left.
[18:47] <Gabriel> I> ::pulls out his chemical sniffer and activates it, following Mell::
[18:47] <Mem> +com+ Roland, can we get infrared on that fifth floor?
[18:47] <Joanna> +subvoc+ Hey... any access to the local phone grid from here? This guy's on a phone.
[18:47] <Ardelmos> ::keeps his eyes trained on the fifth floor suite windows, zooming in so that they fill the binoculars field of vision and he flicks the switch to thermal:: +subvoc+ Yeah, but at this distance I dunno how much I'm gonna get...
[18:47] <Mem> +com+ Wait, they left for breakfast a half hour ago.
[18:48] <Mem> ::continues fast forwarding, watching the lounge::
[18:48] <Savant> Icehaven, on this level at least, is pretty ugly - dusty and greasy, with racks of shipments and materials. Mell leads the Talons to his office, which is considerably brighter, cleaner and more modern.
[18:48] <Birkin> I> ::does the same as Gabriel, moving his in an opposite direction, looking around::
[18:48] <Thierry> I> ::Pulls out his own sniffer and does the same despite his feeling the bomb's already been delivered::
[18:48] <Ardelmos> ::pans downwards to the restaurant, flicking back off thermal and into visible again::
[18:49] <Mem> +com+ Is it a cell phone?
[18:49] <Ardelmos> ::frowns:: +subvoc+ No windows in the lounge.
[18:50] <Joanna> +subvoc+ Cell, yes
[18:50] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> ::sits at his desk, and calls up his list of logged shipments, then swivels the display for the three to look at:: there ya go.
[18:50] <Mem> +com+ I don't have the gear to intercept that.
[18:51] <Mem> +com+ Can you read his lips? Crack your window?
[18:51] <Joanna> +com+ I'll try...
[18:51] <Gabriel> I> ::has a look at the information, letting the sniffer do its thing::
[18:52] <Thierry> I> ::Takes a peek at the display nodding to Mell::
[18:52] <Birkin> I> ::stares at his sniffer a bit more, frowning as he tries to make good sense if the chemical is nearby::
[18:53] <Thierry> I> ::Scans the list until he sees something:: Stop, those two. ::Points to two lines::
[18:53] <Thierry> I> Those are both the right size, one's still here it looks like, other's been shipped out
[18:53] <Mem> +com+ Whoa, heads up, they're leaving. Right. Now.
[18:54] <Joanna> +com+ Vehicles. ::watches two cars pull up and stop by the suit::
[18:54] <Mem> +com+ Joanna, you're close.
[18:54] <Mem> +com+ Roland, get down here.
[18:54] * dakabn has joined #bt05
[18:54] <Gabriel> I> ::looks to see where the second one went:: Mister Birkin, if you don't mind, looks like the one still here is in bay C3, slot 4.
[18:54] <Mem> +com+ We're going to follow.
[18:55] <Birkin> I> ::nods once:: How far is that from here? Can I get a ride?
[18:55] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ ::grunts and pulls back from the door, exiting the hotel room and closing/locking it behind him as he makes for the stairs::
[18:55] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> ::points:: Just down this way. Came in for Ace Mechanical.
[18:55] <Ardelmos> <<pulls back from the window>>
[18:55] <Thierry> ::Looks more closely at the one that has been delivered to see if the address looks familiar::
[18:55] <Mem> +com+ Damn, she's hot.
[18:56] <Birkin> I> ::nods hoping that his Oasis accent wasn't too apparent and takes off down the way that Mell pointed, jogging as he goes::
[18:56] <Joanna> +com+ Think they're coming down here to leave... and it sounds like someone's expecting something to happen, and another's not.
[18:56] <Mem> ::to Craig:: Get ready to tail em. Let's pick up Roland.
[18:57] <Joanna> +com+ Do we stop them here or follow?
[18:57] <Savant> In the underground parkade, a group comes out - Miss Hotpants and Mr Buchene, along with a man and a woman in business attire. They're heading out to the two cars that have just pulled up.
[18:57] <Thierry> I> Sir, I have a hunch about that other shipment
[18:57] <Craig> ::starts up the cab and waits for the suspect cars to start pulling away, then glances back at mem:: get that tongue back in your mouth first ::grins::
[18:57] <Ardelmos> ::takes the stairs several at a time and exits out onto the street, duster swirling around him::
[18:57] <Gabriel> I> I'm listening.
[18:57] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Get the license plates, if nothing else.
[18:57] <Joanna> ::makes sure she gets an eyefull of the man and woman accompanying them::
[18:57] <Birkin> I> ::looks up at the bays as he passes them, finally coming to C3 and begins to look for slot 4::
[18:57] <Joanna> ::that done, shifts her attention to the license plates::
[18:57] <Mem> ::to Craig, grinning tiredly::
[18:57] <Mem> ::makes room for Roland in the back of the cab::
[18:58] <Thierry> I> Remember where those lovely gentlemen we met a couple days ago asked us to meet them?
[18:58] <Savant> Mell shows Birkin and the others to the bay - there's a crate, a bit over a meter per side, sitting on the cement floor. It's a little dusty and apparently is waiting to be picked up.
[18:58] <Craig> ::onces roland is in, brings the cab around near the exit to the underground parking garage::
[18:58] <Mem> Park over there. ::points Craig over to an area near the road where the parkade lets out onto the street::
[18:58] <Ardelmos> ::opens the door and plops down beside Mem, leaning forward far enough in his seat that he can reach behind and draw his machine pistols if need be::
[18:58] <Thierry> I> ::Points to that address:: That's the place
[18:59] <Savant> They get into the two cars - Buchene and one of the suits in one car, the mystery woman and another suit in the other - and both cars head out of the parkade and into the sunlight.
[18:59] <Joanna> +com+ They're heading out. You pick them up, I'll follow.
[18:59] <Birkin> I> ::frowns slightly, looking around:: Blow up a bay like this? What's the fucking point? ::looks for a crowbar and begins to pry open the crate carefully as he tries to get a peek inside:: +subvoc+ Found the crate, inspecting it now.
[18:59] <Ardelmos> +com+ ::snorts:: Ten marks says they split up.
[18:59] <Mem> ::dials up Gabriel's code on his cell phone::
[19:00] <Gabriel> I> That isn't good news. ::frowns:: Very well. We'll see what the crate here turns up, and if it's nothing, we'll try there.
[19:00] <Joanna> +com+ Sure, but I don't want to spook them by starting my engine until they're a little ways away.
[19:00] <Joanna> ::waits that few critical seconds, then starts the car::
[19:00] <Craig> ::back to roland:: they got 2 cars, we got 2 cars
[19:00] <Thierry> I> ::Nods:: Understood
[19:01] <Gabriel> I> Thank you, Mell. As always, more than helpful. Hopefully, we'll catch these mercenaries in short order and find out who they're working for.
[19:01] <Ardelmos> ::looks dubiously at Craig:: What the fuck does that have to do with the fact that they're gonna split up?
[19:01] <Gabriel> I> Who sent these shipments?
[19:01] <Mem> ::puts the cell phone up to his ear, listening to it ring::
[19:01] <Savant> The two cars exit the parkade and turn onto the main drive of Terrence Boulevard, along the river. They're now out of sight of the hotel.
[19:01] <Ardelmos> Either you're in for 10, or shut up.
[19:01] <Craig> ::waits till the cars are half a block down the street before following::
[19:01] <Mem> Go go go.
[19:01] <Birkin> I> ::grunts as he finally gets a bit of the crate open and peeks inside::
[19:01] <Joanna> ::as it happens, she has to wait a second and then pull out after Mem and the others go by::
[19:02] <Gabriel> I> ::taps his earpiece as the call is linked from the aircraft:: +com+ Jameson, go.
[19:02] <Mem> +cell+ This is Mem. We're in pursuit of Buchene and Usmani, departing the Terrence Hotel as we speak.
[19:02] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> ::checks his PDA:: Says it was ordered by Ace two weeks ago, showed up three days ago. They haven't picked it up yet. Bet they're busy. Showed up on the last PAS shipment, from NPR.
[19:03] <Thierry> I> What about that other one, the one delivered to the central tower?
[19:04] <Gabriel> I> +com+ Good. Stay on them and don't waste time talking to me.
[19:04] <Mem> ::hangs up the cell phone::
[19:04] <Birkin> I> ::grits his teeth again:: +subvoc+ Turbine Engine, repeat a turbine engine ::shines a light inside to see if there is anything out of the ordinary on said engine::
[19:04] <Mem> +com+ Nice and easy.
[19:05] <Joanna> ::stays behind Mem:: +com+ Rog.
[19:05] <Craig> ::has taken enough cabs in his day to know how to drive like one::
[19:06] <Birkin> I> ::drops the crowbar and jogs back to the Captain::
[19:06] <Savant> After a few moments, the two cars begin to accelerate, veering suddenly onto an on-ramp that leads across the river
[19:06] <Birkin> <<scratch that>>
[19:06] <Birkin> I> ::gives the crate a once over with the sniffer before taking off::
[19:06] <Joanna> +com+ I think they're onto us...
[19:06] <Ardelmos> ::frowns:: +com+ You don't drive like that unless you're trying to get away from someone.
[19:07] <Joanna> +com+ And if we follow they know for sure. ::swears:: We should have called in air support.
[19:07] <Mem> +com+ Keep up with them, but try to drive normally still. Plenty of people coming off this ramp.
[19:07] <Savant> Because of the shrp turn, the two dark cars are very much in the lead, and spreading the distance between them and their pursuers.
[19:08] <Birkin> I> ::sighs dropping his crowbar and jogging to the Captain::
[19:08] <Craig> ::puts throttle up more in an attempt to close the gap::
[19:08] <Joanna> +com+ Rog. ::signals like any sane person would do, sticking to the speed limit::
[19:08] <Ardelmos> ::pulls himself forward between the front and back seats, speaking at Craig:: Please tell me you put a rifle or something in the trunk.
[19:08] <Gabriel> I> ::nods:: And the second shipment?
[19:08] <Mem> ::to Roland:: They're Earthers. This could be normal.
[19:09] <Ardelmos> Yeah....uh....I think if Joanna thinks we've been spotted, this ain't normal.
[19:09] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> ::checks his PDA again:: Looks like that one's been shipped down to the health authority. EMR scanner hardware, waiting on another shipment.
[19:09] <Birkin> I> ::comes back into the room:: A very nice turbine engine. But not what we were looking for.
[19:10] <Gabriel> I> ::nods thanks at Birkin::
[19:10] <Gabriel> I> Thank you again, Mell. I imagine we'll be seeing each other soon.
[19:10] <Thierry> I> Interesting. ::Whispers to Gabe:: The Minister of Health is a personal friend of mine
[19:11] <Gabriel> I> ::nods:: Let's fly. Oh! ::turns back to Mell:: Have a truck or something we can borrow for an hour or so?
[19:11] <Craig> ::to roland:: yeah we remembered to grab some gear when we went for mem's computer
[19:11] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> ::nods and waves, gesturing:: Take the elevator down if you want, it's by the cargo elevator.
[19:11] <Joanna> +com+ Air support might be a good idea...
[19:11] <Mem> I think she... saw me.
[19:12] <Mem> Fuck. We can't afford to lose them. Go.
[19:12] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> Hm? Oh, sure. ::points to a worn but serviceable white truck in the corner. It's even got a little yellow flasher on the roof::
[19:12] <Joanna> ::grins wildly:: +com+ Rog THAT.
[19:12] <Mem> +com+ Find out where this goes.
[19:12] <Ardelmos> Oh. Great.
[19:12] <Craig> ::puts the throttle up as far as it goes::
[19:12] <Mem> ::opens his cell phone and dials up NGB Sesshu::
[19:13] <Joanna> ::follows right behind Mem, punching the throttle::
[19:13] <Thierry> I> ::Nods and heads to the truck::
[19:13] <Gabriel> I> ::nods a "let's go" to the others and heads to the truck, slipping into the driver's seat::
[19:14] <Birkin> I> ::follows behind grunting softly as he sits down:: Medical shit? Why does that give me a sinking feeling
[19:14] <Thierry> I> ::Sits down in the passangers seat::
[19:14] <Ardelmos> ::leans back in his seat and buckles his seatbelt as Craig accelerates::
[19:15] <Gabriel> I> ::starts up the truck and drives off:: Doctor, navigate me, but you're not going inside or anywhere near the place. Your face is known. Ours isn't.
[19:15] <Thierry> I> As I mentioned in the office, the Minister of Health is a personal friend of mine. She was my boss during the war at the central clinic. ::Nods to the captain's instructions::
[19:15] <Gabriel> I> Once we get close, I'll stop the truck and you'll drive it to an alley somewhere. Then get your friend on the wire. Keep in touch with the Sergeant and myself by radio.
[19:15] <Mem> ::pulls up a map of Sesshu on his computer::
[19:16] <Savant> The two cars are starting to pull away, and, aggrivatingly, split up. There's only a few seconds for a decision to be made on who's going to follow who.
[19:16] <Craig> ::takes the cab just about to it's limits as he cuts corners and passes other vehicles while at the same time trying to avoid crashing::
[19:16] <Mem> +com+ Joanna, right.
[19:16] <Joanna> +com+ Rog! ::takes the car on the right::
[19:16] <Thierry> I> ::Works to get his bearings a sec and then points out the right road:: Down there, hang a right at the end
[19:16] <Savant> The truck starts easily - the keys are in the ignition - and it fits snugly into the elevator, which descends at the push of a button
[19:17] <Thierry> I> ::Nods to the instructions:: What do you want me to tell her?
[19:17] <Craig> ::pulls the cab left::
[19:18] <Savant> Joanna's barely managing to keep the speeding back luxury car in sight. The drivers quickly head out into residential roads, as the main roads are glutted with early morning traffic. Craig's faring a little better.
[19:18] <Joanna> +com+ Barely hanging on here, where's that air support?
[19:18] <Gabriel> I> If you trust her, tell her the truth, or a limited version thereof. There's terrorists in the region, they've hit Peresalona already, and there's a good chance they're hitting here next. We need access to the building to get to that crate.
[19:18] <Savant> Sesshu> NGB Sesshu switchboard.
[19:18] <Gabriel> I> Tell her what you have to tell her, just get us inside.
[19:18] <Mem> +com+ Waiting on Sesshu.
[19:19] <Thierry> I> ::Nods:: I'd trust her with my life. I did once and I'd do it again
[19:20] <Mem> +cell/com+ Sesshu, this is Lieutenant Gage, FG-43851A. I need immediate air and ground support in Sesshu. We are pursuing two known enemies of state. They are in ::reads off a description of both vehicles::.
[19:20] <Savant> The elevator opens up into Icehaven proper, which is entirely different from the exterior. Inside, it's a little slice of paradise. Tall green tropical ferns adorn the central spire of the oasis tower, which ascends to the ceiling. The walls of the tower itself are lined with residential apartments.
[19:20] <Savant> Sesshu> ::Pause:: Please hold, sir.
[19:21] <Craig> ::manages to start closing the gap on their pursuit:: can anyone tell where this road leads?
[19:21] <Gabriel> I> ::waits for the elevator to hit street level, then starts driving::
[19:21] <Joanna> ::does her best to get around the traffic... she knows she's playing a very deadly game with civilian lives here, but more so if they get away:: +com+ I hope to hell we're on the trail of the RIGHT people here.
[19:21] <Ardelmos> ::mutters to himself -- machine pistols wouldn't do much to those luxury vehicles if they were armoured, and even less if they were -- he needed to get access to the trunk::
[19:22] <Birkin> I> ::looks around and nods slightly:: This... Looks more likely a target
[19:23] <Savant> Craig's managed to get his cab almost bumper-to-bumper with the black sedan trying to get away. It's hellish driving - frequent twists and turns, skidding and sliding. Already both cars have wrecked the lawns of several upset home owners.
[19:23] <Mem> I have no idea where this goes. Just keep following.
[19:24] <Thierry> I> ::Nods:: Yeah, I was worried about this. ::Points down the street:: Down there, towards the middle of the central spire. Can't miss it
[19:24] <Savant> Joanna's less lucky. She blasts through an intersection, not stopping where she ought. Unfortunately, someone else was busy to get to work and didn't spot the speeding car until it was too late...
[19:24] <Ardelmos> ::through clenched teeth as mailboxes as hedges whiz by and over as the car plows through them:: Do try not to drive on the ROAD or anything.
[19:25] <Mem> ::grins at Roland, then says through his chattering teeth:: C'mon, sarge. This is fun.
[19:25] <Craig> ::to mem and roland:: since we're this close. would you like me to attempt to force them to stop?
[19:26] <Joanna> ::doesn't even have time to pop on the comm or swear before the impact... they seemingly came out of nowhere...::
[19:26] <Savant> The communication line is filled with squealing tires and the sound of crushing steel as Joanna's T-boned - fortunately, from the passenger's side. When she stops sliding, her car is neatly pinned between a car and a now collapsed lamp post.
[19:26] <Mem> Not yet. Not until I know we have reinforcements coming.
[19:26] <Mem> +cell/com+ Sesshu, respond.
[19:26] <Joanna> ::blinks rapidly::
[19:26] <Ardelmos> Give me a gun so I can shoot at them. Then it's fun.
[19:26] <Gabriel> I> ::drives according to Thierry's instructions, looking for a place to park near the building, but not too near::
[19:27] <Ardelmos> ::glances as houses whiz by:: Only if you can do it without sending'm into a house.
[19:27] <Savant> Sesshu> ::After a moment the hold music ends, and the orderly picks up again:: Your request has been approved for one Quixote helicopter, sir. It's en route. Frequency niner-one-niner.
[19:27] <Mem> +com+ Joanna, report.
[19:27] <Craig> my talon pistol is on the front seat, you grab it if you want i'm not taking my hands of the wheel
[19:27] <Mem> +cell/com+ Thank you. Please send more units ont he ground. We're attempting to stop the vehicle.
[19:28] <Mem> ::to Roland:: Their tires.
[19:28] <Joanna> ::groans, putting a hand to her head where some glass slashed it... fortunately it's better than it looks:: +com+ Ugh. I'm here, but I'm out of the chase. ::watches the vehicle speed up out of view:: Call in rescue, someone hit me. ::glances over at the vehicle that t-boned her, then tries to get out of her wrecked car::
[19:29] <Mem> +cell/com+ Sesshu, we need medical assistance, also. Car accident north of us.
[19:29] <Savant> The central spire of Icehaven is tall and broad, as it houses most of Icehaven's commerical district. It's got a waterfall nearby as well, artificially made but still quite nice. Gabriel parks in a parking lot beside some mass transit elevators. There's a sign that shows "Health Authority" on it in bold letters, and "Level Eleven" beside
[19:29] <Ardelmos> ::mutters and reaches forward, snatching Craig's pistol out of the front seat before leaning back and rolling down the window, yelling over the noise:: You better hope their tires aren't run-flats!
[19:29] <Savant> Sesshu> Dispatching civillian authorities.
[19:29] <Mem> +cell/com+ Sesshu, the second vehicle is not being pursued. Need help on that one. See if the police can grab it.
[19:29] <Thierry> I> ::Tries to recall the number Cardozo told him to call if he ever needed something::
[19:29] <Gabriel> I> ::hops out:: Sergeant, you're with me. ::leaves his sidearm in the truck, but keeps the taser and the sniffer on him::
[19:30] <Mem> ::to Craig:: Be ready for them to spin out.
[19:30] <Savant> At about the same time, a man in a suit leans out of the car window ahead of Craig's car with a pistol that has a rather long magazine on it...
[19:30] <Craig> oh shit....
[19:30] <Ardelmos> ::flips the pistol into his left hand and is about to lean out the window when he sees the machine pistol:: Down! ::ducks::
[19:30] <Mem> ::calls out to Roland:: Hold on! Evasives!
[19:30] <Mem> ::ducks::
[19:30] <Joanna> ::finds the doors are pinned, which only really leaves one way out... she pulls the vibroknife from her ankle holster and flips it on, then hits the front windshield with it::
[19:31] <Thierry> I> ::Waits for Birkin to get out and then slides into the drivers seat, and looks for an alley near the Health Authority to park the truck::
[19:32] <Birkin> I> ::steps out off the car and moves in with the Captain::
[19:32] <Joanna> ::at this point, seeing as she can't pursue the other car any further, she's now concerned with getting to the people in the other car -- and making sure a fire isn't about to engulf them all::
[19:32] <Thierry> I> ::Pulls out a cell and dials the number that Dr. Cardozo had given him::
[19:32] <Savant> The suit squeezes the trigger as Craig swerves about to try and avoid getting it in the face. He's quite successful, but the barrage of shells leave stitch lines along the car's hood. It's still running, though steam is rising out of the holes now, and it's aquired a nasty rattle.
[19:33] <Craig> ::starts swirving the cab to evade incoming gunfire::this is getting particularly hairy...roland, better get your shots in now or we're gonna lose em!
[19:33] <Gabriel> I> ::walks toward the elevator::
[19:34] <Birkin> I> ::follows in behind the Captain, looking around at the area and the people inside::
[19:34] <Mem> +cell/com+ Sesshu, shots fired! We're getting hit!
[19:34] <Ardelmos> Oh you are going down ::pulls himself half out the window and takes a bead on the man, firing back::
[19:34] <Mem> Take them out, sarge!
[19:34] <Mem> ::to Craig and Roland::
[19:34] <Savant> The Talons take the elevator up into the central tower - they have a magnificent view of the grennery and the clean white lines of the tower from the glass elevator. Still, the ride is short, and the doors open into wide corridors. It only takes a moment to find the Health Authority.
[19:35] <Mem> Spin them out, do something!
[19:35] <Mem> ::pulls out his own pistol, not sure he could manage the same acrobatics Roland was doing::
[19:35] <Joanna> *> ::finally breaks the windshield and clambers carefully out onto the hood of the car::
[19:35] <Craig> ::manages to keep the cab behind the luxury car though he can tell the engine is struggling now but he's holding it together::
[19:35] <Gabriel> I> ::looks for a receptionist::
[19:36] <Birkin> I> ::exhales staying quiet again as he looks around, frowning slightly::
[19:36] <Joanna> ::quickly moves to the other car, seeing the driver slumped over the wheel:: Oh hell...
[19:36] <Savant> Receptionist> ::looks up at Gabriel and Birkin with a smile:: can I help you?
[19:36] <Thierry> I> ::Waits for someone to pick up::
[19:37] <Savant> After a few rings, Thierry gets a responce. It's a familiar voice.
[19:37] <Savant> Cardozo> Cardozo here.
[19:37] <Ardelmos> ::gets ahold of himself before he can fire, and switches his aim, taking a bead on the tires::
[19:37] <Gabriel> I> ::offers up his best smile:: Good morning. We're ::indicates Birkin:: from Peresalona Air Service. I suspect someone will be asking for me in a few minutes, though we're a little bit early.
[19:38] <Thierry> I> Maria, it's Thierry. I wish I had time to catch up right now but there's not time. I'm in Icehaven and I need a favor
[19:38] <Ardelmos> ::pulls the trigger, though Craig begins swerving just before he does so, throwing off his aim slightly::
[19:38] <Savant> Roland's shot skims the rear driver's side tire. There's no terrible popping sound, and a blackish sort of goo spills out from the hole, smearing in a streak along the road.
[19:38] <Gabriel> I> We're here about a delivery that was shipped here in error. An EMR scanner, I believe, or part of one... at least, according to the manifest.
[19:39] <Savant> Cardozo> Thierry, it's been forever! why don't you call like you said you would? ::without missing a beat:: of course, of course. I understand. What is it?
[19:39] <Savant> Receptionist> Oh, that thing? Finally. Was it a mistake? It's just been sitting on the floor collecting dust. Are you going to hook it up? I heard it was missing parts.
[19:40] <Ardelmos> ::narrows his eyes, then draws his bead back on the threat of the guy with the machine pistol::
[19:40] <Craig> ::to roland and mem:: sorry, this cab isn't gonna be able to keep up much longer, they musta hit the steering column
[19:40] <Thierry> I> I've been busy lately. I'm on a rather important mission. There are terrorists in the area. They've already hit Peresolona and tried to detonate a bomb in Shessu. We have reason to beleive the y intend to plant one in the health authority.
[19:40] <Birkin> I> Where is it at? I'll have a look at it
[19:40] <Savant> Joanna finds herself in a bit of a wreckage scene. A few people have come out of their homes in housecoats to see what's happened. Someone's on a phone.
[19:40] <Mem> Keep going. We have a chopper coming.
[19:40] <Gabriel> I> Ah, you know it. Excellent. Yes, that's why we believe the shipment was in error. A real EMR scanner doesn't require multiple shipments. I think the crate was mis-labelled and you're holding something intended for Port Arthur.
[19:41] <Craig> i'll try
[19:41] <Savant> Cordoza> ::hushed voice:: what? A bomb, here? What for?
[19:41] <Gabriel> I> ::gives Birkin a gentle "relax" sort of look::
[19:41] <Thierry> I> My captain is probably in the building already. Give him whatever cooperation he neeeds. I'll explain it all later, I promise.
[19:41] <Birkin> I> ::grunts softly and moves behind the Captain to shut up::
[19:41] <Savant> The car that Craig's been chasing is starting to spread the gap again, thoughnot as well as before. And apparently the fellow with the gun has put in a new clip, as he's opened his window again and is leaning out once more.
[19:41] <Mem> +919+ This is Lt. Gage on the ground, calling Quixote inbound. We're losing ground.
[19:41] <Gabriel> I> As you can tell, my colleague is concerned over this shipment. You see... it almost certainly has no business being in a medical facility.
[19:42] <Ardelmos> ::pulls the trigger again as the guy leans out with a new clip::
[19:42] <Savant> Secretary> Of course, right this way. ::gets up with her clipboard and leans them down the hall:: You two are from Peresalona? I didn't realize you did medical equipment as well.
[19:43] <Birkin> I> ::follows behind the Secrtary::
[19:43] <Gabriel> I> ::smiles in an ironic sort of way:: We do, but it's pretty rare. Rare enough that mistakes are sometimes made. ::follows the receptionist::
[19:43] <Joanna> ::looks over the driver to check their condition... she's praying he's not dead::
[19:43] <Joanna> ::Well, not so much praying but sincerely and feverently hoping::
[19:43] <Craig> ::swirves the cab again the moment he sees the suit pull the gun out once more::
[19:43] <Savant> The squeezes the trigger and sprays the taxi again. The cab immeidately starts to whistle from holes in the windshield, and Mem notices that there's a bushel of chair stuffing that's now between his legs, where the bullet penetrated his seat.
[19:44] <Mem> ::crosses his legs:: Fuck!
[19:44] <Savant> The receptionist leads Gabriel and Birkin into a small room, like the sort one might stand and have X-rays taken. there's a crate in the corner, nicely packed and with all the proper labels on it.
[19:45] <Gabriel> I> The very one, miss, thank you. I expect you'll be getting a call about us shortly. ::points at her headset:: Is that wireless? Can you stay, or do you need to go back to the desk?
[19:45] <Savant> Quixote> +919+ Roger. Will be at your location in fifteen seconds.
[19:45] <Gabriel> I> ::indicates Birkin should go to work::
[19:46] <Mem> +919+ Quixote, I'd like the passangers alive if possible, but... stop the car.
[19:46] <Birkin> I> ::nods at the Captain and carefully opens up the package, taking a peek inside of it::
[19:46] <Joanna> ::goes to open the door::
[19:46] <Mem> <<stop that car>>
[19:46] <Savant> Quixote> +919+ Affirmative. Permission to fire?
[19:46] <Birkin> <<scratch that>>
[19:46] <Mem> +919+ Can you try to cut them off?
[19:46] <Birkin> I> ::moves the sniffer over the package first::
[19:47] <Mem> +919+ They're armed.
[19:47] <Savant> Roland's shot goes wide of the gunman, but does manage to score a deep hole into the drunk and blow out a turning light. His shot is overshadowed, however, by the sudden presence of a speeding helicopter that's now overtop of the taxicab.
[19:47] <Thierry> I> Maria, you still there? ::Has a concerned voice::
[19:47] <Savant> Receptionist> ::Gives Gabriel a winsome smile:: i can stay if you want me to.
[19:48] <Ardelmos> Mother fucker! ::leans back inside the cab and flicks the safety up on Craig's pistol, leaning forward and drawing the two machine pistols out from their position strapped to his back:: Alright, fine.
[19:49] <Joanna> ::has to fight the door to open it, as it's jammed up but good in the frame... she finally gets it open and immediately checks on the driver::
[19:49] <Ardelmos> ::pulls himself half out the window a second time, and levels both of the Paxtons at the back of the car, one hand aiming towards the driver side, one side aiming towards the passenger side where the armed gunman was appearing from::
[19:49] <Gabriel> I> ::shifts slightly so the receptionist has to look through him to see what Birkin's doing, then smiles:: It's not really necessary. I don't want to keep you from your work.
[19:49] <Savant> Cardozo> Of course, Thierry, of course. This is really serious, isn't it?
[19:50] <Savant> Receptionist> ::nods after a moment:: Okay. I'll be at the desk, if you need anything just call.
[19:50] <Thierry> I> Indeed. Hopefully we're wrong, but, well, these people are dangerous. Can't be too careful.
[19:50] <Gabriel> I> I will do so. Thank you.
[19:51] <Savant> The helicopter swerves away suddenly, out of sight but still very audible. It's a modified civillian aircraft, but it's very nimble, and that chin-mounted chaingun looks particularily nasty.
[19:52] <Ardelmos> ::steadies his arms as much as he can as the cars whip down the road, then flicks the safeties off of both the machine pistols and depresses the trigger on both, sending a wall of bullets into the fleeing luxury car::
[19:52] <Savant> Cardozo> Be careful, Theirry. I'll make sure everyone co-operates.
[19:53] <Birkin> I> ::smacks the sniffer and waves it over the package again::
[19:53] <Joanna> ::goes pale white, which doesn't take much on her:: Oh no...
[19:53] <Joanna> ::looks at the other people:: Somebody help me!
[19:53] <Joanna> ::turns back to the injured man:: Don't worry, help's on the way... ::hoping someone in the crowd can help her keep him alive::
[19:53] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:54] <Savant> Bystander> ::nervously:: Just stay still, ma'm, i've already called the hospital.
[19:54] <Thierry> I> I will Maria. Here's my number ::gives Maria the cell number:: once we've cleared the building I'll see if I have time for lunch.
[19:54] <Savant> Cardozo> That'd be nice, Thierry.
[19:54] <Joanna> ::glances at the bystander:: He's hurt bad...
[19:55] <Craig> ::tries to hold the cab steady enough for roland to get his shots in at the luxury car::
[19:55] <Savant> Rolands' shot stitches lines into the back of the car, shattering the rear and front windshields and spraying the glass shards with blood.
[19:55] <Thierry> I> The package we're looking for was probably labeled as an EMR scanner. I'll let the captain know. Take care of yourself.
[19:56] <Savant> Cardozo> You too, Thierry.
[19:57] <Thierry> I> ::Hangs up the phone and pulls on his throat comm:: +Com+ Capitaine, Dr. Cardozo's people will give you any help you need.
[19:57] <Savant> The car immediately starts to fishtail and swerve, the front tires turning right hard enough that the whole vehicle flips up into the air.
[19:58] <Ardelmos> ::drags himself back inside the vehicle as his clips empty and the car ahead of them goes out of control::
[19:59] <Mem> ::sits back and holds on::
[19:59] <Savant> In Icehaven, the chemical sniffer is reading very small trace amounts of the explosive that was used in Sesshu
[19:59] <Joanna> ::to the injured driver:: C'mon, hang in there...
[19:59] <Gabriel> Birkin> Looks like we've got a package. ::checks for signs of how the thing is activated, most particularly in terms of moving the box or opening it::
[20:00] <Savant> No one comes forward to help Joanna - either they don't know how, or they're too frightened by the scene. The injured man's breathing is hoarse and ragged and far too light, and he's still draped over the whell at an awkward angle
[20:00] <Savant> ((wheel))
[20:00] <Joanna> *> ::holds the driver's hand... she doesn't dare move him for fear of making things worse::
[20:00] <Gabriel> +com+ Have her call the receptionist here. Tell her to tell the receptionist that the guy from Peresalona Air Service is on the level, that the shipment is in fact wrong, and came here in error. Tell her to tell the receptionist we need to take it out of here.
[20:00] <Gabriel> +com+ Well done, Doctor.
[20:00] <Joanna> +com+ Dammit, where's that medical support?!?
[20:01] <Savant> In his efforts to avoid the careening car, Craig's got to make some tough decisions - headlong into oncoming traffic, or into the telephone pole!
[20:03] <Savant> On a little residential roadway, a man rattles out his last breath while a pair of ambulances and a police car screech to a halt
[20:03] <Joanna> ::blinks:: Oh no... he's stopped breathing!
[20:03] <Thierry> +Com+ Already done sir, except for the last part. Just have the receptionist call up to her. She has my number
[20:03] <Craig> ::slams on the brakes as he tries to stop while aimed at the telephone pole::
[20:04] <Joanna> ::Gestures for the ambulance crews to hurry up::
[20:04] <Craig> brace yourselve guys!
[20:04] <Mem> Aaaaaaaaaaugh! ::braces::
[20:04] <Savant> Craig swerves the car towards the row of communication poles, bouncing off of them rather than colliding headlong. He ends up spinning in a mostly abandoned aprking lot, finally slamming to a wall. It's not a comfortable ride, but no one's hurt.
[20:05] <Ardelmos> ::hits the phantom break as the telephone pole fills the windshield....then passes along the side of the car and he's thrown around from the skidding::
[20:05] <Mem> Fuck! Fuck me! ::checks to see if he's intact:: You guys okay?
[20:05] <Gabriel> Birkin> Ooops.
[20:05] <Craig> ::is bounced around in his seat but luckily his seatbelt held him::ooog...yeah, roland?
[20:06] <Ardelmos> ::sits there silently in the crumpled smoking cab for a moment, then ejects the spent magazines from his machine pistols and reaches behind his back to grab new ones:: Oh yeah. Peachy.
[20:06] <Mem> ::fumbles around for his pistol and scrambles out of the car::
[20:06] <Mem> +919+ Watch that car.
[20:06] <Ardelmos> ::slams the new magazines home, chambers the first rounds, then hauls himself out of the back of the cab::
[20:06] <Joanna> *> Hurry! He's stopped breathing!
[20:06] <Savant> Birkin leans into the crate and caarefully cracks open a side - and immediately, the NEC national anthem starts blaring out of the crate. He doesn't seem pleased, and exchanges a worried glance with Gabriel
[20:06] <Mem> ::points his pistol at the hostile car, moving to a nearby wall for some cover::
[20:07] <Savant> The police and EMTs rush over to the scene and get to work. The man is carefully extricated from the car, while Joanna herself is put on a stretcher with neck brace
[20:07] <Gabriel> You have about 45 seconds before it gets to the critical point. So, you have 44 seconds until I shoot the thing. ::pulls out his taser and stands ready::
[20:08] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::rips open the crate and tries to disarm the thing in the 44 seconds Gabriel has given him:: << Wink >>
[20:08] <Ardelmos> ::walks steadily towards the overturned luxury sedan, machine pistols swaying with his arms as he walks -- if there was anyone still alive in there they weren't likely to be conscious or capable of fighting back....but...::
[20:08] <Mem> ::watches the black car down the barrel of his gun, moving parallel with Roland, covering each other::
[20:08] <Craig> ::reaches for his pistol which ended up on the floor of the cab before pulling himself out of the wreck::
[20:08] <Joanna> ::from the stretcher, tries to keep an eye on the other driver as they work on him:: Please tell me he's okay...
[20:09] <Savant> EMT> Just relax, Ma'am. You're being taken to the hospital. What's your name?
[20:09] <Ardelmos> ::continues to approach the car -- he doesn't bring up his weapons until he gets close and leans down about 20 feet away, peering inside::
[20:09] <Gabriel> No, don't cut that wi-- never mind.
[20:09] <Mem> ::calls out to the car, a little pumped up and out of breath:: [Siberian] Anyone alive?
[20:10] <Gabriel> Birkin> Ooops.
[20:10] <Savant> The black sedan is upside down, lying crosswise on the highway. It doesn't seem to be in any way capable of moving again. The people inside - if they're alive at all- are in similar condition.
[20:11] <Mem> +919+ Quixote, we need medical assistance.
[20:11] <Ardelmos> ::stows one of the machine pistols back in the strap at the small of his back, beneath his duster, and tries to pry open one of the doors with his now free hand::
[20:11] <Mem> +919+ Norguard medical assistance if possible. Immediate.
[20:11] <Savant> Meanwhile, in the Icehaven medical facility, things are doing poorly. The bomb's been opened up - this one just has a hardened black box on the top for a timer, instead of an alarm clock. Birkin's hovering over the thing, sweating
[20:12] <Ardelmos> A demo squad too -- don't want anything blowing up on us like those powersuits did.
[20:12] <Mem> ::covers Roland from a few feet away, moving to the other side of the car::
[20:12] <Mem> +919+ ::nods:: Demolitions, also.
[20:12] <Savant> Mell Viajislav> Quixote +919+ Base, this is Quixote requesting White Beetle to these co-ordinates, ay-sap.
[20:12] <Savant> ((oop ^_^ wrong one))
[20:12] <Savant> Quixote> +919+ Base, this is Quixote requesting White Beetle to these co-ordinates, ay-sap.
[20:13] <Mem> ::looks through the shattered windows for movement or familiar faces::
[20:13] <Thierry> I> ::Thierry sits in the truck nervously tapped the wheel nervously::
[20:14] <Mem> [Siberian] Anyone alive in there?
[20:14] <Savant> Mem hears a somewhat familiar voice reply to him. It's strained and in obvious pain, but he recognizes it.
[20:14] <Craig> ::comes around to mem and roland, pistol aimed at the upside down car::
[20:15] <Joanna> *> ::has the subvoc comm in her hand, as they had to take it off her throat for the neck brace... she's dreading what seems to be happening::
[20:15] <Savant> Anala Usmani> [Siberian] Burn in hell, Nov.
[20:15] <Mem> ::grins, keeping his pistol levelled at the windows:: [Siberian] Does that mean you don't want a second date?
[20:16] <Savant> From the shattered and upside down window, mem can see two metal, cyllindrical objects tumble onto the floor form where Usmani's still hanging in her seat.
[20:17] <Craig> i'd say we should get the hell out of here....
[20:18] <Mem> ::the grin is wiped completely off his face and starts running:: [Siberian] I've had better!
[20:18] <Savant> Birkin seems to clue in on which wires need to be cut, so - with a significant amount of sweating and worry involved - he clips through a ribbon cable in one clean slice. The music doesn't die, but he seems very pleased, and begins to start cutting wires as if he were carving a turkey for dinner.
[20:18] <Craig> ::turns and runs for any available cover::
[20:18] <Ardelmos> ::bolts from the side of the car::
[20:18] <Mem> ::runs to take cover behind some hedges and a nearby house::
[20:19] <Gabriel> ::exhales and shoves the taser back into his ankle holster before settling himself again::
[20:19] <Ardelmos> ::as he dives for cover, he twists in the air and lets loose with a couple of bullets at the cylinders in the off chance that shooting them does something better than blow them up::
[20:19] <Savant> The explosion is terrific - far greater than a typical hand grenade. The fireball engulfs the car, sending it sky-high again. When the first shock-wave passes, the fire's still raging - it looks like the tar in the ashphalt itself is alight
[20:20] <Gabriel> I> ::walks back to the reception desk::
[20:20] <Thierry> +Com+ How's it going in there sir
[20:20] <Mem> ::hits the ground hard and crawls to further cover::
[20:20] <Gabriel> I> +com+ Another musical number, but Mr Birkin seems to have it under control. We're coming out with the package shortly.
[20:20] <Gabriel> I> ::reaches the reception desk::
[20:21] <Savant> Receptionist> ::looks up and smiles:: So?
[20:21] <Ardelmos> ::hits the ground hard and lies flat, feet between him and the exploding vehicle -- as the detonation subsides, he pushes himself up and sits there with legs outstretched, scratching his temple with one of his gun barrells after flicking on the safety:: Well....Buchene didn't blow up, right?
[20:21] <Mem> ::stands up, checking for the others, squinting as he scans the flames::
[20:22] <Gabriel> I> So, your package was intended for Port Arthur. It's not a EMR scanner at all. A royal foul-up, as usual. I'll have to transship it back through Icehave and find out what happened to your scanner.
[20:22] <Mem> Report!
[20:22] <Gabriel> I> You've heard from someone in your organization by now, I hope?
[20:22] <Ardelmos> ::points at what's left of the vehicle:: Car blew the fuck up!
[20:22] <Savant> Receptionist> Oh! I see. That's too bad. Yes, just got off the phone with the minister herself. This must be pretty important.
[20:22] <Joanna> *> ::she's still trying to see if the driver is okay, get them to tell her he'll be okay::
[20:23] <Mem> No shit? ::carefully walks over to Roland::
[20:23] <Craig> ::to mem:: whats there to report? corporal hotpants is out of the picture, we've managed to survive, though looks like we're hoofing it back to base....
[20:23] <Mem> ::sighs, staring at the inferno:: So did the fuck of the year.
[20:23] <Gabriel> I> ::makes a dismissive gesture:: Just someone in Port Arthur complaining that they haven't gotten their package. You know how the higher ups can be when they don't have their way. Do you have a hand truck or something else handy that I can use to move this thing?
[20:23] <Savant> EMT> ::He isn't telling Joanna anything further about the accident:: Don't wo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:12] <Sajioshi> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:12] * Sajioshi sets mode: +m
[18:12] * Sajioshi changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:12] * Sajioshi is now known as Savant
[18:12] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:12] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:12] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:12] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:13] <Thierry> attn
[18:14] <Ardelmos> ::attn::
[18:14] <Savant> not quiiite there yet, but you might as well read the briefing.
[18:14] <Savant> A Traitor in Our Midst
[18:14] <Savant> Soundtrack Album: "Sonic Firestorm" by Dragonforce
[18:14] <Savant> 16 Winter TN 1944, 03100h - Night
[18:14] <Savant> Concourse level, Peresalona
[18:14] <Savant> 21 degrees Celcius, 20% humidity
[18:14] <Savant> The Talons have decided to get pro-active about catching the Earthers, and have decided to use the best bait they could find - Mason Li Farrell's sister, Joanna. After broadcasting that Joanna was "captured" by Peresalonan security, the Talons hope that their bait will be taken.
[18:14] <Savant> So far they've waited two full days and haven't heard anything. Peresalona's a nice place to visit, but the constant transient crowd makes it difficult to concentrate.
[18:14] <Savant> Meanwhile, in orbit, the CEF fleets draw ever closer. Already fighters and destroyers have been making harrying passes on orbiting facilities to soften them before the first wave hits. It's only a matter of time, now...
[18:14] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:14] <Thierry> ack
[18:14] <Joanna> ack
[18:15] <Mem> ack
[18:15] <Gabriel> ack
[18:15] <Ardelmos> ackety ack ack
[18:16] <Craig> ack
[18:17] <Savant> and i can take questions
[18:17] <Birkin> ack
[18:17] -> [Savant] PING
[18:17] <Gabriel> No questions. All go, no quit. Wink
[18:17] <Mem> ip
[18:17] <Joanna> ::raises::
[18:18] <Thierry> Uh, I might have to
[18:18] <Savant> your ip is 142.59.196.144:10015
[18:18] <Savant> no password
[18:18] * Alarien has joined #bt05
[18:18] * ChanServ sets mode: +v Alarien
[18:18] <Savant> I say again, your ip is 142.59.196.144:10015
[18:18] * Savant sets mode: +v dakabn
[18:19] <Mem> How big are hexes in this scale?
[18:19] <Ardelmos> 5 feet, I think.
[18:20] <Savant> each hex is 2 meters
[18:20] <Craig> 10 feet give ot take
[18:20] <Craig> or
[18:20] <Craig> maybe 8
[18:20] <Joanna> Did the Nevada Gaming Commission fully vet Lemon for this week's game?
[18:21] * Savant pats lemon
[18:27] <Birkin> greahdfas
[18:27] <Birkin> connection problems
[18:27] <Birkin> trying to get in
[18:28] <Birkin> there I am
[18:35] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:35] <Thierry> ::Thierry checks his gear and sighs to himself::
[18:36] <Savant> It's very late at night - it's assumed the Talons have been pulling shifts in order to maintain a 36-hour watch on the "prisoner". With the help of the Peresalona security, it hasn't been too bad.
[18:36] <Joanna> ::lies in the bed, eyes closed... though truth be told, she's anything but tired::
[18:36] <Birkin> Stake outs... ::looking at his watch for a moment before he tried his best to look like a security guard::
[18:38] <Thierry> I'm a doctor not a watchman.
[18:38] <Ardelmos> ::stands in the main bay of the medical facility, leaning his back on the wall and chewing on a piece of gum while a tech quietly goes about his business across the room from him::
[18:39] <Joanna> ::tries to not yawn but it's pretty hard::
[18:39] <Gabriel> ::watches two of the monitors, keeping a mug of cawfee nearby::
[18:40] <Joanna> ::and despite herself, she drifts off into la-la land::
[18:40] <Mem> ::sits at the table in the security room, feet up on the desk, yawning, but staying awake like a pro::
[18:41] <Savant> It's been pretty quiet all in all, no reall problems tonight. The concourse still has people in it - just like any airport, there's usually a few people sitting around. It makes it difficult to keep proper watch.
[18:42] <Joanna> ::dozing quietly, arms at her side::
[18:43] <Gabriel> ::compares the face of each newcomer with the faces of Mason, Buchene, and the dead Anala, out of habit::
[18:43] <Thierry> It feels really wierd being in a hospital and not making rounds
[18:44] <Craig> ::in the security room, talon pistols holstered at his sides, Paxton R25 on the floor under the desk::
[18:44] <Mem> ::drinks the cawfee...after two or three cups, he's no longer grimacing when he drinks it::
[18:45] <Ardelmos> ::tosses a pair of pills into his mouth as he chews on the gum, covering the chalky taste as he begins to feel a little on the inattentive side given how long they've been at this::
[18:46] <Joanna> ::shifts a bit on the bed in her sleep::
[18:46] <Savant> In the concourse, a man and a woman exit a bar at a stumble. They're dressed as typical Badlanders - heavy clothes overtop of skin-suits - and are making their way to the medical clinic.
[18:46] <Mem> ::flips through information on a pad, not currently glancing at the monitors::
[18:48] <Gabriel> ::glances up at the temperature and humidity display over his head, then back at the monitor, then frowns::
[18:48] <Birkin> ::taps his finger lightly staying at his post
[18:48] <Gabriel> Lieutenant, have a look at monitor 12C. Tell me what you see.
[18:49] <Savant> They make thier way at an amble towards the doors and stumble in, immediately going to the nurse's desk.
[18:50] <Gabriel> ::zooms in the closest camera, still frowning::
[18:50] <Mem> ::glances up casually at the monitor::
[18:50] <Joanna> ::murmurs something in her sleep::
[18:50] <Craig> ::looks over as well::a couple drunk badlanders coming in? there's no rehab unit here is there?
[18:50] <Mem> I see... something dreadfully out of place.
[18:50] <Mem> ::glances at the other monitors::
[18:50] <Ardelmos> ::stretches his arms slightly and begins taking a stroll around the room to get the blood flowing back into his legs::
[18:50] <Savant> One of them is making claims, but the cameras are video only, so it's impossible to tell. The orderly's clearly put off by the two, who apparnetly have had a bit too much booze put in them.
[18:51] <Gabriel> +com+ All units, stay alert. I've got a couple of Badlanders at the nurse's station. Full body suits and heavy dusters and internal temp is... ::glances at it again:: 21.
[18:51] <Gabriel> +com+ Little warm for that much clothing, in any case.
[18:51] <Craig> ::glances back at Nalda:: does the hospital get people like this often?
[18:52] <Ardelmos> ::frowns, glances at the two doors to the lobby, and undoes the flap on the holsters holding his machine pistols, stopping his pacing and moving towards the door nearest to him to listen to the conversation in the lobby::
[18:52] <Thierry> +com+ Roger capitaine
[18:52] <Savant> At about the same time, a man comes down with another man - the second with a bleeding nose and a nasty bruise on his forehead.
[18:52] <Savant> Nalda Peresalona> ::shrugs, watching the monitors:: Sometimes. It cna get a little rowdy on this level, that's why we keep the medicentre here.
[18:53] <Gabriel> ::glances at the faces of the two newcomers::
[18:53] <Mem> Hm. It may end up getting a bit rowdier than you're used to.
[18:53] <Mem> ::glances at the other monitors::
[18:54] <Ardelmos> ::grunts to himself:: +subvoc+ The drunks want detox shots so they can get their asses to work in the morning; too bad they're shit out of money.
[18:54] <Joanna> ::settles down again, dozing lightly::
[18:55] <Ardelmos> ::steps to the side of the door as he continues to listen, so that if it opens inwards he'll be behind it and out of view to anybody who enters::
[18:55] <Savant> The other two enter the lobby, standing patiently enough behind the drunks.
[18:56] <Savant> The orderly sees the obviously more serious case and waves them forward to the desk - the uninjured man explains that they were out walking and his friend tripped and fell rather hard. The nurse doesn't spare much time in letting them through.
[18:57] <Thierry> The reason I liked being a doctor is that there was always something to do
[18:57] <Gabriel> ::glances at the injured man to see if his injuries are consistent with this, particularly looking for abrasions on the hands and the like::
[18:58] <Craig> ::back to the screen:: hmm, could be staged, come in looking like they were in a bar fight, though a bloody nose isn't enough to get them near joanna, but... ::watches them get past the nurse:: could be enough to get in...
[18:58] <Joanna> ::sighs... the bed's not exactly comfortable after so many hours... it's pulled her from her sleep::
[18:58] <Savant> The two men enter the main ward, where the attending doctor begins to look the injured man over. One of the two - the healthy one, glances over at Roland.
[18:59] <Gabriel> ::switches to another monitor to keep following the two men, taking a sip from his mug as he does so::
[18:59] <Ardelmos> ::stares blankly back at the guy who isn't bleeding profusely from his face, holding his jaw steady and ceasing his chewing as the two walk in::
[19:00] <Mem> Hm. Careful now... lots of bodies inside.
[19:00] * LrdVampyre has joined #BT05
[19:00] <Mem> ::sets his pad down and focuses on scanning all of the monitors::
[19:01] <Craig> ::moves to the monitor watching rolands position as the 2 men enter::
[19:01] <Gabriel> ::keeps his secondary monitor on the man being treated, the primary monitor on the nurse's station and the drunks::
[19:02] <Savant> The other two are reluctantly admitted to the ward, where they wait and talk drunkenly
[19:02] <Joanna> ::for now, lies there, trying to ignore the pain, eyes closed but listening::
[19:02] <Mem> ::stares at the ward:: I don't like this. I think he should relocate.
[19:03] <Gabriel> ::nods slow agreement:: +com+ Senior Sergeant, back off a little and watch your cover. If they pull weapons, you're the first target.
[19:03] * LrdVampyre has left #bt05
[19:04] <Savant> The injured man and his companion, meanwhile, are guided into one of the private wards - his injuries are siginificant enough that he's going to get the doctor involved.
[19:04] <Gabriel> ::keeps his second monitor on the injured man and friend::
[19:04] <Craig> ::frowns:: great, guess a blood nose is enough to get them in...
[19:05] * LrdVampyre has joined #bt05
[19:05] <Ardelmos> ::lifts a hand to his ear and nods as the injured folks are guided out of the waiting room and into the wards, waiting for a long enough period for them to be taken to their private rooms before following into the hallway beyond, opening the door to the first room on the right and entering it without closing it behind him:: +subvoc+ The drunk guys sound and smell drunk, if it's any comfort.
[19:06] <Gabriel> +com+ It's not too hard to act. Something here doesn't fit. ::goes back to the injured man::
[19:06] <Birkin> ::listens to the communications from behind his closed door, exhaling and awaiting his chance::
[19:07] <Joanna> ::sighs::
[19:07] <Savant> Gabriel watches the two men for a little while - the doctor's typing something and is busy, so they have to wait. After awhile, the healthy man wanders to the door and starts to look about, seeming bored.
[19:07] <Gabriel> +com+ Sergent Birkin, Private Thierry, they're in the room right across from you. ::describes the two::
[19:08] <Thierry> ::Pokes his head out:: +Com+ got them
[19:08] <Ardelmos> ::has pulled the inwards opening door in front of him again while waiting patiently in the empty room::
[19:09] <Birkin> ::stays inside the room, glaring at Thierry for quite a while:: +subvoc+ Yeah we got em alright
[19:09] <Birkin> ::hidden in the room that is::
[19:09] <Thierry> ::Pulls himself back into the room and ducks behind the door::
[19:09] <Savant> He also sees the healthy man wander a bit around the hallways, spending a little time admiring a potted plant, waving to the guard down the hallway, and generally killing time.
[19:09] <Savant> He doesn't seem to react to Thierry if he's noticed.
[19:12] <Savant> Then the man heads back into the room with the injured man. There aren't any microphones in the medical wards, but they exchange words. Both seem remarkably calm.
[19:13] <Joanna> ::the trouble is, she's not sure whether he knows she's defected or not... this could all end badly...::
[19:15] <Mem> ::drinks from his mug again and watches the various cameras intently::
[19:16] <Ardelmos> ::frowns to himself -- he hadn't heard the doctor enter the ward to attend to the injured two:: +subvoc+ Uh....anyone know why the doctor hasn't entered the ward to treat the guy bleeding profusely from the face, and is instead dealing with a bunch of broke drunks?
[19:17] <Gabriel> Lieutenant, pull up the staff list, with pictures. See who's supposed to be on duty tonight, and compare.
[19:17] <Thierry> +Com+ Most can't be distracted from their typing
[19:17] <Mem> ::slides back the pad and starts checking::
[19:17] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Riiiiiiiight. He rushes these guys in to a private room....then leaves'm alone.
[19:17] <Thierry> +Com+ Trust the person who worked in a hospital
[19:18] <Savant> Both men get up and leave the medical room at the same time. The injured one reaches into his pocket and gets a nasal spray, sniffing it deeply as they leave.
[19:18] <Ardelmos> ::hears the door open again...and two sets of footsteps exit::
[19:19] <Savant> Seconds later they're walking over to the guard. The guard is aware, but not fast enough to react to the silenced shot from the "healthy" man's pistol, as if out of nowhere.
[19:19] <Birkin> ::hears the doors opening and against the wall away from the door, placing his hands on his pistol::
[19:19] <Craig> ::still watching the 2 badlanders in the private room:: +com+ they're on the move
[19:19] <Ardelmos> ::draws his machine pistols, leaving them hanging at his side -- he suddenly got the feeling that another pair of people would be coming in through the hallway::
[19:19] <Gabriel> +com+ They're moving in, they're moving in.
[19:19] <Craig> ::reaches under the desk for his R25::
[19:20] <Savant> The door opens to Joanna's room - they're armed and ready, but don't seem intent on shooting joanna.
[19:20] <Gabriel> +com+ Roland, take the room they just vacated. Sergent, Private, stand by. Unit three, one of your men is down, say again, down. Suggest you cover the exit.
[19:20] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger ::Grabs up his carbine and moves towards the door::
[19:20] <Joanna> ::sees the door open to her room and doesn't recognize the men there::
[19:21] <Ardelmos> ::flicks the safety off and slips around the door to the opposite side of the room, glancing down the corridor and checking the sight lines before slipping down the hallway and into the room they just vacated::
[19:21] <Craig> ::straps the R25 to his back and unholsters one of his talons:: we going in sir?
[19:22] <Mem> The staff is clear.
[19:23] <Birkin> ::draws his talon Pistol:: +subvoc+ On your go Captain..
[19:23] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Thank you, Lieutenant. ::glances at Craig:: Negative, not yet. There's only two ways off this level, and we're between them and both of them.
[19:23] <Joanna> ::looks at the two who have entered her room in confusion... seeing they're not going to shoot her (yet), she doesn't make a move for the sawed-off hidden nearby::
[19:23] <Thierry> ::Clicks the safety off on his carbine::
[19:23] <Gabriel> <<...two of them. Damn third elevator.>>
[19:24] <Gabriel> +com+ Unit three (Soldiers 5 and 6), cover northwest elevator. Don't let them by you.
[19:24] <Savant> Guards> +com+ Roger.
[19:26] <Savant> One of the two guards the doorway, while the one with blood on his face heads inside. It's already stopped bleeding. His eyes are wide, and his voice is *very* familiar:: Joanna! You're alive!
[19:26] <Gabriel> ::turns on the mic in Joanna's room::
[19:26] <Gabriel> ::pulls up a recording of Mason's voice and plays it::
[19:26] <Joanna> ::blinks:: Mason?
[19:27] <Mem> ::nods to Gabriel and stands up::
[19:27] <Gabriel> +com+ Stay alert, everyone. Little family reunion. We don't interrupt until it's over. Say again, we don't interrupt until it's over.
[19:27] <Gabriel> ::glances at the nurse's station camera, the two drunks in particular::
[19:29] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::pulls off a wig - he's shaved his hair to a crew cut - and peels off a thin veineer of synthetic skin. It's Mason all right:: I had to come and check it was you - look, there's no time. We have to get out of here!
[19:29] <Craig> ::turns to gabe:: should i move in and provide backup?
[19:29] <Gabriel> You and I will go together, Senior Ranger. Lieutenant, you're our eyes. First, I want to see if the two drunks are part of the party.
[19:30] <Mem> ::looks disappointed, then sits back down::
[19:30] <Joanna> ::nods:: I'll try... I'm a bit roughed up. ::which, given the cuts and bruises from the car accident, isn't far from the truth::
[19:31] <Thierry> +Com+ ::Whispering:: Understood
[19:32] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::procures a hypodermic gun from his pocket - along with a compact subautomatic:: Here. Some stims'll keep you moving
[19:33] <Craig> ::waits for gabriel to head out::
[19:35] <Joanna> ::blinks in fear at the needle:: No... you can't be him... you're one of THEM in disguise!
[19:35] <Gabriel> ::stands up and hitches his bag over his shoulder:: Senior Ranger, you're with me. Lieutenant, once we're inside, see if you an seal and lock the doors. Once Mason starts to leave, tell Sergeants Birkin and Roland they have a go.
[19:36] <Thierry> ::Waits nervously to spring the trap::
[19:36] <Gabriel> <<see if you can>>
[19:36] <Mem> ::does a security computer scan to make sure it hasn't been compromised::
[19:36] <Mem> Whoa!
[19:36] <Gabriel> ::exits the security station at a run::
[19:37] <Craig> ::lets gabriel out first and then follows at a good pace::
[19:37] <Mem> I think someone else is tuned in. And... ::frantically types and goes on COM aas Tynes leave3s:: It might be a Kassandra.
[19:37] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::blinks:: Jo? Jo, it's me. Honest. Shit, what've these Novs *done* to you?
[19:37] <Ardelmos> ::stands there quietly, machine pistols at his side, and waits for further orders as he catches faint pieces of conversation:: +subvoc+ Somebody get ahold of the doctor and tell him to withold that detox treatment. I'm betting those drunks are counting on those shots to sober'm up for the exit.
[19:37] <Joanna> ::shudders::
[19:38] <Mem> ::starts attempting to deny the outsider access to the system::
[19:38] <Gabriel> ::issues Craig his orders:: Once we're in the lobby, you will draw a silenced pistol. I want two rounds into the legs of the drunks. You'll take the one on the left, I'll take the one on the right. Clear, Senior Ranger?
[19:39] <Gabriel> ::draws his own silenced pistol::
[19:39] <Joanna> ::looks at Mason and gingerly reaches out a hand towards him::
[19:39] <Savant> Ashima Ondrelle> ::glances back at Mason:: C'mon, Mace. No time. Tick tick.
[19:40] <Craig> ::nods at gabe:: affirmative
[19:40] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> Jo, please - trust me! Remember when you were six and I pulled you out from under that roadway before you got hit? C'mon, trust me - we've got no time!
[19:41] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::takes Joanna's hand quickly and smiles - a big smile, one he hasn't smiled in a good long while now:: Let's get you out of here.
[19:41] <Craig> ::had already got his pistol in hand so half the order has been taken::
[19:41] <Joanna> ...it is you... ::seems to slump towards him, as if drugged::
[19:42] <Mem> +com+ Birkin, Roland, Thierry, you are a go. They're watching security, Mason's leaving with Joanna. Watch your back.
[19:42] <Thierry> +Com+ Roger sir
[19:43] <Savant> Mason grabs Joanna and holds her to his side, then heads out into the hallway with her in tow.
[19:44] <Mem> +com+ Captain, they're getting ready to move out. You want the lockdown now, or wait until you get there?
[19:44] <Gabriel> +com+ Wait until we're inside, Lieutenant.
[19:44] <Mem> +com+ They may beat you out.
[19:44] <Joanna> ::acts as much a limp doll as she dare, so carrying her is a bit of a struggle:: They said... something about bombs...
[19:44] <Gabriel> +com+ ::laughs as he runs:: With both Sergeants in there? Not likely. We'll be on time.
[19:45] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::pulls up beside the corner and looks around, waving his companion forwards::
[19:45] <Mem> +com+ Here they come. They're entering the hallway.
[19:47] <Ardelmos> ::tucks one of the machine pistols under his arm and yanks his flashbang off of his belt, tossing it out the door and at the t-section of the hallway::
[19:47] <Joanna> ::limply follows, clutching Mason for support::
[19:51] <Savant> The grenade clatters down the hallway and the earthers see it just in time to leap back into the room that they had just left. It isn't enough to completely mitigate their effects, but it's enough that they aren't caught flat-footed.
[19:51] <Savant> A brief second later there's a flash of light and a loud *thump!*
[19:52] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:52] <Joanna> ::is dragged bodily along with Mason::
[19:52] * Reaver has joined #bt05
[19:53] <Savant> Mem can see on the camera that the second Earther is fumbling in his pocket and throwing a small cylinder out into the hallway to reply to Rolands'.
[19:53] * Ardelmos has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[19:53] <Mem> +com+ Fire in the hole!
[19:53] * Savant sets mode: +o Reaver
[19:54] * Reaver is now known as Ardelmos
[19:54] <Ardelmos> ::slams himself up against the wall in response to Mem's call::
[19:56] <Thierry> ::Jumps back::
[19:56] <Savant> There's a loud explosion and the walls shake. The corridor, likewise, is full of smoke and debris now.
[19:57] <Savant> Ashima Ondrelle> Shit! +com+ Skald, Skald! Delta, Delta!
[19:58] <Mem> ::to Nalda:: Do you have ECM?
[19:58] <Savant> Nalda Peresalona> ::shrugs a bit:: a little. Put them up?
[19:58] <Mem> ::back to the computer:: Yes please!
[19:59] <Savant> Nalda Peresalona> ::nods and takes out her phone, calling upstairs::
[20:00] <Joanna> ::looks at Mason in fear -- which isn't that hard. Any closer and that blasted flashbang that had been through would have really made things difficult for her::
[20:00] <Craig> ::hears the explosion:: ahh crap, should i even bother with the pistol now?
[20:01] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::shakes his head, reeling, and pulls Joanna back behind the bed and table in case anything bad happens during their stunned moments::
[20:02] <Mem> +com+ They're taking cover in Joanna's room. I think that flashbang shook them up.
[20:02] <Gabriel> Stay on your pistol, Senior Sergeant. By the time we get there, if the drunks are with them, they'll be halfway down the hall flanking our men. We flank them back.
[20:02] <Savant> As Gabriel and Craig come around the quiet concourse, the access doors to the warehouse fly open - three stealth-suited Morganas burst out
[20:02] <Joanna> ::looks at Mason, as the ringing in her ears subsides a bit, slurring her words a tad:: What are you doing here?
[20:03] <Gabriel> <<Ranger>>
[20:04] <Gabriel> ::instinctively raises his pistol and puts two into the closest stealth suit::
[20:06] <Savant> The Morgana twists vigorously, diving into a roll as she instinctively brings her own rifle to bear and pulls the trigger. Instead of the loud report of a bullet, however, a blue spark flares up from the underbelly of the machine gun barrel, followed by a gout of yellow and orange...
[20:06] <Gabriel> ::dives aside himself::
[20:06] <Craig> ::dives the other way::
[20:07] <Savant> The other two twist and squeeze off shots as well - they spray while the first of them strafes across the broad hall.
[20:07] <Mem> ::to Nalda:: Might need your help here!
[20:09] <Savant> Nalda Peresalona> :Surprisedn the phone:: Put up the electronic jammers - oh, Prophet - Get security down here! everyone!
[20:10] <Craig> ::rolls as he hears more shots fired::
[20:11] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::laughs briefly:: Rescuing you! I just got pulled from Atlantis to investigate Terra Nova
[20:12] <Joanna> ::confused:: From Atlantis?
[20:12] <Craig> ::after finishing the roll, takes aim at the first morgana gabe shot at and fires off one of his own::
[20:13] <Savant> The Morgana twists again, continuing her strafe along the hallway. Craig swears that he taps her along the way, but she doesn't stop. Then *he* feels the brush of a bullet close to his head.
[20:16] * Alarien has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[20:18] <Savant> One of the morganas sprays along with her companion. Gabriel manages to keep out of the line of fire by diving for cover against a pillar at the wall, Craig isn't so lucky.
[20:18] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> Yeah. I'll tell you about it later. What a place.
[20:19] <Craig> ::feels a bullet clip into into his thigh:: ungh!
[20:20] <Thierry> ::Peels out of the first room and gets into the next one, training his carbine into the hall::
[20:20] <Gabriel> ::glances around the corner for some cover:: +com+ Lieutenant, seal off the hospital. We're cut off for the moment. ::turns to Craig and hisses:: Into the warehouse!
[20:20] <Mem> +com+ Copy.
[20:20] <Craig> ::to gabe:: no objection from me sir!
[20:21] * Ardelmos is now known as Fraser
[20:21] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[20:23] <Joanna> If we can get out of here... I hope you have a plan.
[20:23] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> You know me. I always have a plan.
[20:24] <Ardelmos> ::pulls the gas grenade off his belt this time and ducks out into the hall, backing up against the intersection's corner and tossing it into the room Mason retreated into::
[20:26] <Savant> The grenade goes off, translucent steam boiling out of the can and spilling into the hallways and rooms.
[20:27] <Joanna> ::nods, but hear the pop in the hall , which is followed by gas::
[20:27] <Ardelmos> ::begins backing towards the hallway exit as the gas goes off::
[20:28] <Ardelmos> ::and as he does so, glances for the oxygen masks in the rooms::
[20:28] <Savant> Roland can hear coughing from the three earthers holed up in the medical bay - other effects are impossible to tell.
[20:28] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::starts to swear at Roland, then spots a nearby oxygen mask and rolling tank and puts the mask on instead, keeping his gun trained on the hallway::
[20:29] <Joanna> ::had been about to ask another question, but now her eyes are burning and she's gagging on the gas::
[20:29] <Gabriel> <<taser, rather>>
[20:30] <Ardelmos> ::gags a little as he falls back from the smoke, his eyes watering slightly::
[20:32] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::reels back and immediately grabs a gas mask from his pocket, shoving it onto his face. It's got no protection for his eyes, but it's better than nothing. Then he grabs a mask for Joanna and shoves it over her own face
[20:33] <Savant> Guards> ::Stand at the open doorway, aiming down the hall to cover the Talons::
[20:34] <Ardelmos> ::coughing as he heads for the sink in the room he's in to wash out his eyes and mouth:: +subvoc+ Cut off? Are there more of'm?
[20:34] <Joanna> ::nods hear head gratefully::
[20:34] <Savant> The people in the clinic are starting to react- badly. The two drunks are geting wide-eyed and freak out, heading for the doorways in a panic. The doctor does as well - only the nurse hangs around, grabbing a heavy lamp and holing up behind a desk
[20:35] <Craig> ::while trying to break for the warehouse::+subvoc+morganas looks like, 3 of them in stealth suits...i'll be needing medical attention if we get out of this...
[20:36] <Mem> ::glances at the monitors as he can spare them:: +com+ You have some purps incoming. PAS backup behind you.
[20:36] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::muffled:: Shit! Ash, get us another way out!
[20:39] <Savant> The two Morganas charge the doors of the hospital, spraying across the four civillians with little remorse, and leap over their bodies as they fall
[20:39] <Joanna> ::knows this was a possibility to grab Mason's weapon as he put the gas mask on her, but without knowing the other Talons are ready for the capitulation in here, it's not a good time::
[20:40] <Ardelmos> +subvoc+ Unit two, we've got Morgana incoming from outside the hospital -- forget the hallway!
[20:42] <Savant> Meanwhile, their lone companion int he concourse runs behind some terminal chairs and squeezes the trigger at the Talons
[20:42] <Gabriel> ::heads for the cover of the warehouse door the Morganas just vacated, dodging rounds from the last of the three Morganas::
[20:43] <Craig> ::keeps gunning for the warehouse door as he does another somersault to avoid getting hit a second time::
[20:43] <Gabriel> Shoot her, then find some cover, Senior Ranger! ::indicates the third Morgana::
[20:46] <Craig> ::takes a quick shot as he's entering the warehouse::
[20:48] <Craig> ::once he's around the corner, reholsters his talon and slings the bullpup around his shoulder::
[20:48] <Savant> The GREL ducks and the bullet bites into the chair she's hiding behind
[20:48] <Mem> ::fights with the Kassandra, then moves to seal them of from the security systems::
[20:48] <Gabriel> ::follows Craig into the warehouse, taking his own shot at the Morgana with his sidearm::
[20:48] <Mem> Take that, bitch.
[20:48] <Joanna> ::looks at Mason, waiting for his next move::
[20:49] <Savant> Mem manages to gain control of the computer systems of Peresalona, at least for the moment.
[20:50] <Mem> ::over his shoulder:: Madam Peresalona, you may want to shut this place down.
[20:50] <Savant> Nalda Peresalona> What d'you mean, shut down? Turn off the power plant?
[20:50] <Mem> No. Heavy arms at every exit.
[20:51] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason is coughing, but bringing his gun up to rest on the bed he's usindg as cover so that he can guard the door. His companion, meanwhile, is scuttling back and opening up a hip-bag::
[20:51] <Savant> Nalda Peresalona> ::nods and continues talking into her phone, directing security::
[20:53] <Ardelmos> ::ducks into one of the hospital rooms and closes the door behind him to shut out as much of the smoke as possible as it wanes, moving quicky for the sink to wash out his mouth and throat::
[20:56] <Joanna> ::moving behind Mason, she notices a tatoo on the back of his hand:: What's with that?
[20:57] <Savant> The Morgana in the concourse leaps over the chair and follow, raising her rifle and giving the underbarrel trigger another squeeze. Another spark, and another gout of fire.
[20:58] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::glances at his hand as he stifles his coughing:: Valkyries. I made it.
[21:00] <Joanna> Mason... I want to help. Is there anything I can do?
[21:01] <Craig> ::makes another dive to avoid the fire::
[21:01] <Gabriel> ::ducks as best he can behind cover::
[21:01] <Savant> One of the Morganas in the medical bay bust through the door and opens up with her underslung weapon - a shotgun blast rips out and tears into the two guards. One goes down immediately, screaming, while the second lets out a yelp and dives for cover
[21:04] <Craig> ::rolls around on the floor when he lands from the dive trying to put out the fire:: shit shit shit shit!
[21:04] <Gabriel> ::winces as the flames singe his back, keeping his pistol on the Morgana and puts two on target::
[21:06] <Savant> The girl takes one of Gabriels' shots to the stomach and twists with the impact. She grunts and her eyes meet Gabriel's briefly - they're cherry red and have the look of murder in them
[21:07] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::sets his rifle, aiming at the doorway.:: Just hang tight, Jo. We'll get you out of here.
[21:08] <Joanna> ::nods, moving back slightly as if to give him more room and for her to be a little safer... the move puts her closer to the concealed shotgun::
[21:08] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::calls to Thierry:: Cover me! ::runs into the hallway, jinking as best he can around the debris::
[21:10] <Thierry> ::Nods and keeps his rife trained::
[21:10] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> Mason hears the "cover me!" and prepares - he squeezes the trigger as Birkin comes around the corner, suppressing the area in a hail of lead.
[21:11] <Gabriel> ::dodges Mason's shot and reaches the doorway, looking for this Ash who hopefully has his back to the door::
[21:11] <Gabriel> << Birkin> >>
[21:12] <Savant> This "Ash" fellow apparently does have his back to the door, but he's mostly obscured, as he's behind the bed with Mason and Joanna.
[21:13] <Ardelmos> ::finishes washing out his eyes and throat and moves quickly back towards the hallway, machine pistols at the ready::
[21:13] <Joanna> ::spots the sheet it's hidden at, and reaching, she pulls out the sawed off shot gun and fires at Ondrelle::
[21:14] <Savant> Joanna hits Ondrelle square in the back - he barely has time to cry out. Birkin feels several buckshot pellets whizz by him, too close for comfort. And Mason recoils, startled and looking at his sister in abject horror
[21:14] <Joanna> ::swings the gun to point at Mason:: I don't want to hurt you. Please. Drop your weapon.
[21:15] <Gabriel> ::twists his aim, and adjusts his sights from Ash to Mason, fires the dart, then dodges into the room next door, trailing the wires::
[21:15] <Gabriel> <<Birkin > >>
[21:16] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::contorts and twists, then flops to the ground, convulsing::
[21:17] <Mem> ::watches the monitors:: +com+ Wing is clear. Just the two purps at your back.
[21:17] <Joanna> ::looks distressed at her brother's condition, but knows it had to be done... and it was far better than him getting killed outright::
[21:18] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::throws down the taser and swings up his SMG:: +com+ Let them come.
[21:18] <Craig> ::after putting out the fire:: +com+ and 1 at the warehouse....
[21:19] <Joanna> ::backs out of the way so she can keep her brother covered, still see the door, but not be too close to him::
[21:19] <Savant> One of the three Morganas enters the medical bay proper and puts a bullet into the guard, ending his life - then twists around and pulls the trigger on her underslung grenade launcher, which clatters at the intersection of the hallway further down - right in front of Birkin, in fact.
[21:20] <Thierry> SNAP
[21:20] <Thierry> <<oops>>
[21:20] <Mem> ::starts a trace on the Kassandra's connection::
[21:21] <Savant> The grenade goes off and the entire wing of the medicentre fills with thick, white smoke
[21:22] <Ardelmos> ::watches the grenade go flying by the door and down the hallway, followed by a second outpouring of gas -- he looks for a mask briefly::
[21:23] <Thierry> ::Sees the morgana and then squeezes off a carbine shot::
[21:23] <Joanna> I'm sorry Mason ::the grenade launcher's shot goes off in the hall outside, but they seem okay for now::
[21:23] <Savant> The Morgana twists as Thierry shoots at her - it's an instinctual reaction, he can tell. His shot impacts, but clatters off of her composite armour.
[21:24] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:24] <Ardelmos> Awwwwwwwww
[21:24] <Gabriel> Boooooooooo.
[21:24] <Ardelmos> Lemme kill'm. PLeeeaaaaaaaaaase?
[21:24] <Joanna> No pause! No pause! Kronk no want pause!
[21:24] <Ardelmos> I'm just gonna full ROF the machine pistols. One into the other. Wink
[21:24] <Savant> hee. Don't worry. Im hoping these Morganas will give you guys special problems. Enough to warrant an entire game next week.
[21:24] <Gabriel> We have mo and his friend mentum on our side now. C'mon, one more round. Wink
[21:24] <Ardelmos> They're good, but not that good.
[21:24] <Mem> What about the trace on the Kassie?
[21:24] <Craig> aww come on i still had a turn!!
[21:24] <Thierry> I'm with Gabe
[21:25] <Savant> ah, yes, sorry. The trace.
[21:25] <Gabriel> Actually, that's true. Craig hadn't acted yet.
[21:25] <Craig> the round wasn't over!
[21:25] <Ardelmos> Wasn't Craig freaking out over the fire?
[21:25] <Savant> sorry, Craig. I thought you had acted - didn't you run into the shipping bay?
[21:25] <Gabriel> Previous round.
[21:25] <Craig> that was, yeah
[21:25] <Savant> heh. Okay.
[21:25] <Savant> -=-------- Continue --------=-
[21:29] <Savant> Mem finds that the Kassandra is damn near impossible to trace. Somewhere on the lower levels, likely in one of the manufacturing plants or in the repair bays.
[21:30] <Mem> +com+ The Kassie is downstairs somewhere. ::glances up at Nalda::
[21:30] <Craig> ::moves to the door frame and takes a shot at the morgana with the R25::
[21:32] <Savant> Craig's shot is a clear miss - whizzes past her head and slams into the far wall. However, he hit that overhead cable with pinpoint accuracy. The sign that it was holding up comes whistling down and crashes near the Morgana with a startling noise. Skald sidesteps away, narrowly avoiding being clubbed to death by falling signage
[21:33] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:33] <Mem> ::attn::
[21:33] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[21:33] <Joanna> ::Attn::
[21:33] <Thierry> attn
[21:33] <Ardelmos> ::attn::
[21:34] <Savant> whee ^_^
[21:34] <Savant> comments, questions, etc?
[21:34] <Ardelmos> Can Roland kill the Morganas now?
[21:34] <Savant> we'll start right up with the fight next week- that way we can let Jake have some fightey-fightey too.
[21:34] <Gabriel> Save Campaign. Wink
[21:34] <Savant> i shall allow him to daydream about that pleasant opportunity to his contentment.
[21:34] <Thierry> ::Raises::
[21:35] <Savant> Thierry?
[21:35] <Thierry> Two questions to put my mind at ease: 1) Why wasn't mason searched? 2) Where were the thermos I asked for Smile
[21:36] <Savant> Mason wasn't searched because the doctor and nurse were lazy and didn't suspect anything, it seemed sincere enough.
[21:36] <Savant> and i didn't catch a thermos request i'm afraid.
[21:37] <Thierry> Both things were in the thread that Ross pointed to
[21:37] <Joanna> Plus he was disguised and didn't match the descriptions of Mason Wink
[21:37] <Savant> or, thermographic sensors? I thought you were talking about the containers that hold hot drinks ^_-
[21:37] * Savant shrugs. They're morganas. They're good at evading detection. And Mason/Ondrelle are also good at hiding things.
[21:37] <Thierry> The former and in a secure wing, everyone gets searched/metal detectors
[21:38] <Savant> fortinately in the 62nd century you can use composites to build everything instead of metal, if you want to.
[21:38] <Joanna> Ondrelle WAS good at hiding things. Or actually, he still is. His body's hiding lots of birdshot Smile
[21:38] <Thierry> Well that's what I got frustrated about, two things I'd planned for and tried to prevent happened
[21:39] <Thierry> But, well, can't win em all I suppose Smile
[21:39] * Savant nods, i understand. If it's any consolation, they're very, very good at their jobs.
[21:39] <Ardelmos> 12. Have a plan.
[21:39] <Ardelmos> 13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
[21:39] <Savant> any other questions?
[21:39] <Joanna> Who wants some fresh XP?
[21:39] <Ardelmos> Mmmmmmm, XP...
[21:39] <Savant> ooh, me, me.
[21:39] <Thierry> yummy
[21:39] * Savant takes out the big ole XP bucket and a scoop
[21:39] * Joanna gives Mason 5 XP
[21:39] <Ardelmos> The experience point kind, not the Microsoft kind.
[21:39] <Craig> i do! i need to cancel out some EDie again....
[21:39] <Mem> Back.
[21:40] <Savant> if you buy EDice, you can't use them during the fight next session. Normally i wouldn't give out XP at this point, since we're in the middle of something. But i can do so for skills.
[21:40] <Savant> should i still give them out?
[21:40] <Savant> i can give you a big dollop after the fight if you like
[21:40] <Gabriel> Sure.
[21:40] <Savant> ok.
[21:40] <Gabriel> May as well stay current.
[21:40] <Gabriel> Only person who went ED crazy tonight was Craig. Wink
[21:41] <Thierry> Can we get em and not spend em?
[21:41] <Savant> i'll start with base 2, as usual. Do you feel that you performed a critical maneuver, or learned something vital?
[21:41] <Savant> yes, Thierry.
[21:41] <Joanna> We learned that yes, Joanna CAN be trusted. ;D
[21:41] <Ardelmos> It's always critical when stuff 'splodes.
[21:41] <Gabriel> Learned several vital things, not the least of which is an estimate of Mason's team size.
[21:41] <Thierry> I'll just spend the two for my edie then
[21:41] <Gabriel> Even if we wrap up everyone tonight, there's still two on the loose at least.
[21:41] <Mem> Buchene's probably in the getaway vehicle.
[21:42] <Mem> And a Kassie downstairs hacking.
[21:42] <Savant> that sounds like a yes. +1 makes 3.
[21:42] <Savant> I'm gonna give you 2 points for being in a combat encounter tonight. With my congratulations, you did just what you ought to.
[21:42] <Joanna> With the right timing? ;D
[21:42] <Savant> that's 5 in total. Any dramatic acts of self-sacrifice?
[21:43] <Thierry> Well, the guards maybe Smile
[21:43] <Gabriel> ::shrugs:: Birkin stopping the escape. It could have gone really badly for him. Too bad Prescot wasn't here to play it, though.
[21:43] <Joanna> Heh. Well, Joanna's definitely not on good terms with her brother. I suppose that's a good sacrifice.
[21:43] <Savant> he'll get to be the hero next week. That's one of the big reasons I want to stop mid-way. He can actually play for an hour or so next week.
[21:43] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Makes sense.
[21:43] <Ardelmos> Roland sacrificed his nasal cavities to keep Mason pinned.
[21:43] <Savant> I'll give a +1 to Joanna. For sure. That i decided half way through ^_-
[21:44] <Savant> Do you think you guys worked well as a team?
[21:44] <Thierry> Ayup
[21:44] <Gabriel> Indeed yes. Even Trembles once he got with the program. Wink
[21:44] <Joanna> From Joanna's standpoint, sure.
[21:44] <Thierry> Hey, I was tired and confused Smile
[21:44] <Ardelmos> These biatches are goin' dowwwwwwn.
[21:44] <Mem> Poor Mem...always on the sidelines. Wink
[21:45] <Gabriel> The Kassie should have had some Shadowrun Black ICE. Wink
[21:45] <Gabriel> Action: Mem's console explodes with him using it.
[21:45] <Gabriel> Wink
[21:45] <Savant> she's loading it up ^_-
[21:45] <Mem> ey, if Kassie can, so can Mem. Wink
[21:45] <Thierry> ::Readies the truth serum for Mr. Mason::
[21:45] <Savant> six experience points. Seven for Joanna. Many combolations, Elisagerth.
[21:45] <Joanna> Elisawho?
[21:45] <Ardelmos> Mmmmm, colognac.
[21:45] <Savant> Final questions?
[21:46] <Savant> Homestar Runner quote, Dennis ^_-
[21:46] <Savant> Well done guys. That's a wrap.
[21:46] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:02] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:02] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:02] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:02] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:02] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:03] <Thierry> ::Attn::
[18:03] <Craig> ::ATTN::
[18:03] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:03] <Ardelmos> ::attn::
[18:04] <Savant> hello and good evening once more to another exciting and dramatic episode of the 5th Black Talons. We may have guests tonight in the form of Dave and Jason, one of whom has made a character and th other who is considering joining. We also have a sticky combat situation to get you out of. We'll be jumping right back in to where we were before. Any questions before i give you the (admittedly old) briefing?
[18:04] <Thierry> Can we have bigger guns Smile
[18:05] <Ardelmos> ::raises::
[18:05] <Savant> sure, just ask the Morganas for theirs. ^_- Roland?
[18:05] <Ardelmos> Where are Dave and Jason? Wink
[18:06] <Savant> currently, Dave's on the road back home. It's snowy and icy over here ^_-
[18:07] <Savant> Dave said he'd try to be here for 6.30.
[18:07] <Savant> anyways. I'll brief you.
[18:07] <Savant> A Traitor in Our Midst
[18:07] <Savant> Soundtrack Album: "Sonic Firestorm" by Dragonforce
[18:07] <Savant> 16 Winter TN 1944, 03100h - Night
[18:07] <Savant> Concourse level, Peresalona
[18:07] <Savant> 21 degrees Celcius, 20% humidity
[18:07] <Savant> The Talons have decided to get pro-active about catching the Earthers, and have decided to use the best bait they could find - Mason Li Farrell's sister, Joanna. After broadcasting that Joanna was "captured" by Peresalonan security, the Talons hope that their bait will be taken.
[18:07] <Savant> So far they've waited two full days and haven't heard anything. Peresalona's a nice place to visit, but the constant transient crowd makes it difficult to concentrate.
[18:07] <Savant> Meanwhile, in orbit, the CEF fleets draw ever closer. Already fighters and destroyers have been making harrying passes on orbiting facilities to soften them before the first wave hits. It's only a matter of time, now...
[18:07] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:07] <Gabriel> ack
[18:07] <Craig> ack
[18:07] <Thierry> ack
[18:07] <Birkin> ack
[18:07] <Ardelmos> ack
[18:07] <Joanna> ack
[18:07] <Savant> game related questions?
[18:08] <Gabriel> Looks like none.
[18:09] <Savant> seems so
[18:09] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:09] <Gabriel> WH> ::uses the doorway as best he can for cover from Skald and her flamer::
[18:10] <Savant> The situation is tense, but certainly not unwinnable - three armoured Morganas are taking the tower by storm in an attempt to rescue their fallen commander...
[18:10] <Craig> ::is using the wall by the door for some cover, but would really like to get to the crates behind him::any ideas captain?
[18:10] <Ardelmos> ::sees some smoke wafting about at the bottom of the doorjam, and quickly looks around the room for any sign of a mask he could use::
[18:11] <Gabriel> WH> ::quietly:: Spread out. Don't line up -- that's just an invitation for her to use that damned flamer again. I'll shoot first, you follow up. Then we swap.
[18:11] <Thierry> ::As the smoke comes in Theirry was glad he brought his helmet
[18:11] <Craig> ::nods::
[18:12] <Ardelmos> ::puts himself up against the wall beside the door, machine pistols raised::
[18:12] <Joanna> ::seeing the smoke, she pulls the face mask off the person she shot, keeping an eye on her brother the whole time::
[18:14] <Savant> Two Morganas - the "movie's camera" shows a close up of their faces and shows the names "Freja" and "Sif" tattooed on their cheeks - press agianst the walls on either side of the entrance to the hospital's wards as they prepare to rush in
[18:15] <Birkin> ::draws his pistol on the doorway and lets loose with a hail of 20 rounds, giving his comerades cover as he does a some movie style shooting::
[18:18] <Ardelmos> ::slips the door open quietly and levels the pair of submachine guns at the edge of the hall as bullets go ripping by from Birkin's submachine gun::
[18:18] <Savant> In the concourse proper, however, the third Morgana - Freja, by her tattoo - is engaging in a firefight with two Talons at the entrance to the warehouse. She doesn't like being out int he open of the concourse very much, however...
[18:19] <Craig> <<skald>>
[18:19] <Savant> ((Oops. Don't evne know my own GREL here))
[18:22] <Gabriel> ::ducks behind the doorway, letting the flame burst over his shoulder, but does not otherwise give ground::
[18:22] <Savant> Skald charges up to the doorway, pulling the trigger on her flamethrower as she does so and letting out a gout of fire at the two holding it
[18:22] <Craig> ::presses himself against the wall to avoid more flames::
[18:28] <Savant> Without much of a pause, the Morgana continues forward, using her momentum to barrel into Gabriel
[18:29] <Gabriel> ::redirects the attack into the wall::
[18:29] <Gabriel> ::smiles tightly:: Last chance to surrender.
[18:30] <Craig> ::raise his R25 and waits for a clear shot at the morgana::
[18:30] <Savant> At about the same time, Freja nods to Sif before bravely diving through the doorway, barreling down the hallway at the Talons
[18:31] <Birkin> ::grunts as he sees his shots getting soaked up by the armor of the vat heads::
[18:32] <Ardelmos> ::smoothly depresses the finger on the machine pistol in his left hand as he tracks the Morgana's head, emptying the magazine at the moving figure::
[18:34] * LrdVampyre has joined #bt05
[18:35] <Savant> Roland catches the morgana! Freja takes the shot, which blasts off the armoured strap of her helmet. She's a bloody mess, but somehow she's still coming.
[18:35] * Savant sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:37] <Ardelmos> ::the bloody mess of a Morgana continues barreling towards him, despite taking the full magazine to the face -- he empties the second weapon just as she reaches him::
[18:39] <Savant> Freja lets out a banshee scream as she charges forward at Roland and Thierry; Rolands' bullets impact into her shoulders and clatter on her helmet, several of them biting through the plates. She's *still* coming.
[18:39] * dakabn has joined #BT05
[18:42] <Savant> The GREL puts her shoulder into the charge and swings down with her rifle like a club
[18:44] <Ardelmos> ::twists as the rifle comes down, the butt of the weapon skipping off the front of his torso armor::
[18:45] <Joanna> ::finishes getting the gas mask off the dead body::
[18:47] <Gabriel> ::opens up on the Skald with his SMG after holstering his pistol before displacing back behind the crates:: Senior Ranger, fall back to cover, my right!
[18:47] <Savant> Skald twists behind the wall, letting Gabriel's bullets pock-mark the cement instead.
[18:48] <Craig> ::nods and gets ready to pump off a couple shots into the grel::
[18:48] <Gabriel> ::flicks the selector switch to full-auto::
[18:49] * Coyote has joined #BT05
[18:50] <Craig> ::fires off the two rounds from his R25 then moves to the crates with gabriel::
[18:51] * Savant sets mode: +vv Coyote dakabn
[18:51] <Savant> The Morgana ducks beneath both Craig's and Gabriels' shots as she pulls back behind the wall again, giving them both the precious moments needed to find cover of their own
[18:53] <Savant> Meanwhile, Morgana Sif comes in behind her ally, rifle raised. She pumps off a pair of shots at the two closest unfriendly targets
[18:56] <Thierry> ::Winces as the bullet tears into him::
[18:56] <Savant> The shot on Roland goes wide - he's too wiry, and she's too careful to not injure her ally. Thierry, however, takes his in the meaty part of his bicep.
[18:56] <Ardelmos> ::feels the bullet whizz by as he hits the magazine release on the machine pistols, the magazines clattering down onto the floor::
[18:58] <Thierry> ::Squeezes the trigger of the carbine, the recoil making him wince in pain::
[18:59] <Savant> Sif throws herself against the wall, avoiding the worst of Thierry's shotgun blast. Grains still resound against her armour, however, and when he sees her again she's got bloody marks on her face.
[18:59] <Joanna> ::listens to the gunfighting out in the corridor:: What the frell is going on out there?
[19:00] <Savant> ((oop, that was on Freja, my bad! LEt me fix that...))
[19:01] <Savant> Freja isn't having the best of days - she's unable to cope with a rifle in her face. She twists to try to get out of the way, but her reflexes fail her - She slams back aignast the wall, her armour blackened and bloody from Thierry's shot
[19:02] <Savant> Mem> +com+ Captain, i'm having a hell of a time keeping the communication lines open. And there's some explosions going on at ground level. Thought you might want to know.
[19:02] <Gabriel> ::while keeping his head down:: +com+ Rescue team. Try to track them, Lieutenant. In particular, we need numbers and armament.
[19:04] <Savant> Mem> +com+ Peresalona's security is on the way, but there's something goin on. I'm trying to shut down the elevators that security isn't using, but i can't do it from here.
[19:06] <Joanna> ::looks at Mason:: Who else did you invite to this party?
[19:07] <Birkin> ::draws a bead on Sif's head for a moment before he lets loose a three round burst at her head::
[19:07] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::groans::
[19:07] <Savant> Sif twists against the wall, letting the bullets spatter against the concrete. One rings her helmet like a bell, but doesn't actually penetrate.
[19:08] <Ardelmos> ::slaps his arms rearwards, jamming the two magazines he has stored there into the now clear machine pistols; he then brings them up sharply over Freya's shoulder and depresses the trigger at Sif before retreating back into the hospital room::
[19:09] <Savant> Sif is difficult to pin down - she takes one on a heavy shoulder plate and a full round glances up along her side, but she's a dancer, and the bullet's can't keep up with her
[19:11] <Savant> She then skirts around Freja's inert form and charges at Thierry, barreling into the room with him - as she does so, she tosses a cyllindrical gift out of her hand for Roland
[19:14] <Ardelmos> ::reaches out and attempts to grab the cylinder -- it looked an awful lot like the fuel air grenade set off during the car chase -- and throw it back down the hall into an empty room::
[19:15] <Savant> Roland *catches* the grenade and tosses it back out into the hallway - it explodes in midair, sending shrapnel and fire everywhere
[19:15] <Savant> Meanwhile, Sif has cornered Thierry in one of the medical ward rooms...
[19:17] <Savant> Mem> +com+ Shit shit shit. Sir, whoever's down there is in the cargo elevator and coming up. I can't stop them.
[19:18] <Savant> Meanwhile, Skald charges into the warehouse room and towards the Talons who've holed up behind some crates
[19:18] <Gabriel> +com+ You have two choices, Lieutenant. Stop their elevator, or get between them and us. Pick one, and let me know how it goes.
[19:20] <Savant> Mem> +com+ well shit.
[19:20] <Gabriel> +com+ Kill power to the Prophet-blessed things if you have to.
[19:21] <Savant> She snaps off a shot at Gabriel before ducking in behind the same cluster of crates
[19:21] <Gabriel> ::winces as some wood pulp scratches his face as he ducks::
[19:23] <Joanna> ::things certainly don't sound all that great outside... she's hoping this hasn't just turned into a trap of a trap::
[19:24] <Savant> Everyone in the Concourse can feel the entire oasis tower shudder very slightly
[19:24] <Gabriel> ::notes Skald move and hears her duck nearby, then gives Craig a hand signal to cut around to the right::
[19:24] <Craig> ::nods to gabriels and starts over::
[19:28] <Savant> As Craig comes around the corner of the makeshift barricade, Skald sees him come around and squeezes a shot off at him::
[19:28] <Gabriel> ::glances to his left to see if the Skald left any blood there from a previous bullet wound::
[19:28] <Craig> ::quickly dodges a shot from skald letting his flak suit absorb the damage::
[19:28] <Joanna> ::...and THAT shudder doesn't make her feel any better... what kind of explosion would it take to shake one of these massive structures?::
[19:28] <Craig> ::returns the favor by letting a round from his R25 go::
[19:33] <Savant> Skald jumps forwards as she and Craig both fire - his shot skips across her armoured shoulder and into the far wall
[19:35] <Gabriel> ::calls out:: Senior Ranger, watch for the grenade! ::grabs something... anything nearby and tosses it over the crates, assuming the Morgana will move out of her cover to keep a grenade from landing in her lap::
[19:35] <Gabriel> ::once he hears movement, breaks cover with his SMG up and on full auto and pumps the first moving thing he sees full of lead::
[19:39] <Savant> ::Skald leaps again to get out of the way of the imaginary grenade, but she recovers quickly - she reacts to Gabriel as soon as he's out and his gun is up. He catches her in the gut - almost the same place as she was hit before - and she rolls with it, definately not out but now wounded.
[19:45] <Thierry> ::Winces again as he squeezes off another shot::
[19:47] <Savant> Sif grabs the muzzle of his rifle and pushes it aside - not enough to stop him, but it makes the bullet skip along the side of her torso where the armor defelcts it away and into the wall, She yanks with her free hand to try and pull it from his grasp
[19:47] * dakabn has left #BT05
[19:49] <Savant> She yanks - hard! He doesn't let go, but he's lost his grip with one hand and is barely holding with the other.
[19:50] <Ardelmos> ::as the smoke from the grenade begins to disperse, he eyes Freya's form to see if her rifle has survived the detonation, but from the torn up metal he can tell it hasn't -- he reaches for his two holstered sidearms::
[19:50] <Savant> Mem> +com+ Got it, sir!
[19:51] <Gabriel> +com+ Excellent work, Lieutenant. Anything you can do to slow them down. We need a littttttle more time here.
[19:51] <Savant> The lights flicker and die, and moments later emergency lighting comes on, casting the Concourse in a dull yellow hue. The medical bay remains the same, running on an independant power source.
[19:54] <Birkin> ::moves over drawing his bead on the morgana's head again and letting lose with a triple shot to her head::
[19:56] <Savant> The GREL yanks Theirry and his rifle with all of her worth, sending them both intot he wall. The bullerts barely skim by Thierry's head.
[19:56] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:59] <Ardelmos> ::draws his two sidearms in a flash, his dueling actions clicking in almost automatical as the two pistols belch their shots at the Morgana -- the Socorro was much louder....::
[20:00] <Savant> The Talon pistol was designed to put down regular people, not purples. The Socorro, the opposite. The smaller 9mm bullet skips off of Sif's armour, she ignores it. The second one blasts into her torso just beneath the armpit and exits the other side; she slumps down very dead.
[20:02] <Ardelmos> ::stands there for a moment while the second Morgana falls over quite dead, smoke wafting silently from the barrel of the massive revolver in his right hand:: ....Clear!
[20:02] <Joanna> ::shouts from the back:: 'bout damned time!
[20:02] <Thierry> ::Looks back to Roland:: I owe you a drink
[20:03] <Ardelmos> Join the club. ::reholsters the pistols and moves to grab the Morgana's guns::
[20:03] <Savant> Outside, Skald is still fighting, and not doing bad. She charges Craig, if only to get out of the crossfire...
[20:04] <Ardelmos> ::calls down the hallway towards the room Mason, Joanna, and Ondrelle had retreated into:: Hey! Those two have anything useful in there? I think there's still another Morgana kicking around!
[20:04] <Craig> ::attempts to get out of the way of the charging grel::
[20:05] <Joanna> ::shouts back:: I've got the shotgun if you want it. Breaching charges too - guess it's what they're using elsewhere in the building!
[20:05] <Savant> ... and she does so, but without any meaningful attack on her part. At least not immediately. She drops a can as she runs past, towards the crates further off.
[20:06] <Joanna> ::reaches down and makes sure Mason's gun is out of his reach::
[20:06] <Ardelmos> Mason and Ondrelle not have guns?
[20:08] <Joanna> Mason had an SMG... Ondrell's got an Orlinjok.
[20:08] <Craig> ::makes a jump to avoid the grenade::
[20:10] <Ardelmos> ::gives the deceased Sif a sharp kick in the face to shatter her otherwise serene-in-death expression before gathering up her rifle and any clips she had on her body:: Thierry, you might want to patch yourself up. ::noticing the blood leaking out of his thigh armor::
[20:10] <Savant> The grenade goes off almost immediately, giving Skald time to recover a little bit. It catches Craig as he's jumping aside, lacing him with shrapnel.
[20:11] <Gabriel> ::steps clear of the grenade and moves around a couple of crates to line Skald back up, then shoots at her back::
[20:11] <Joanna> You want the breaching charges for anything?
[20:11] <Craig> ::feels the shrapnel pelt his suit but otherwise is unscathed::
[20:12] <Thierry> ::Nods and pulls the first aid kit off his belt::
[20:12] <Gabriel> ::once he's fired, moves back into his cover::
[20:13] <Savant> Skald jars from the shot, as it hits her cleanly in the thigh. She stumbles but doesn't fall down quite yet...
[20:13] <Ardelmos> ::frowns, curious as to what the previous explosions were:: I don't think we're carrying around anything more powerful than those, so probably, yeah. ::collects a trio of grenades off of Sif's body, stuffing them into the pouch he was carrying his previous two::
[20:14] <Joanna> ::grabs the duffel and the guns and, after making sure Mason's still out, brings them out to Roland::
[20:15] <Thierry> If there's something automatic in there, I could use it
[20:15] <Craig> ::moves up some and pumps off at shot from his R25 at the hurting grel::
[20:16] <Ardelmos> ::nods his thanks and slings the duffel over his shoulder:: +com+ Captain -- Ardelmos here. Two morganas down. Mason had some breaching charges on him, and Thierry's taken a wound but I think he'll live.
[20:16] <Savant> A shot is all it takes. Skald takes the shot square int he chest, which exits with a gout of blood and bone fragments. She collapses immediately.
[20:17] <Thierry> +Com+ I'm fine sir
[20:17] <Savant> This is followed, seconds later, by the freight elevator doors in the warehouse bay exploding open, showering the entire bay with twisted bits of metal
[20:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged. One Morgana down here. Get everyone over here. We've got more hostiles coming up the elevator shaft. The doctor can watch--
[20:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Damn it! Get over here fast!
[20:18] <Gabriel> +com+ Leave the doctor and the Corporal to watch Mason. Doctor, knock him out hard. ::ejects his near empty clip and reloads a fresh::
[20:18] <Craig> ::stands there for a moment taking deep breath and moving for cover again::
[20:18] <Thierry> +Com+ I should be able to find something in here
[20:18] <Joanna> ::surveys the carnage in the hall on here way out:: What the hell happened here?
[20:19] <Ardelmos> ::collects everything he can from Sif, then Freya:: +com+ Roger that. ::looks to Thierry, Joanna:: Vatheads....and a fuel air grenade I had to play catch with. Birkin! Let's roll! ::jogs for the exit::
[20:19] <Savant> Two of those exo-skeletons come literally *flying* out of the hole made, their guns already raised and spitting high-velocity death out into the bay
[20:19] <Gabriel> +com+ Senior Sergeant! Exos! Belay that! Fall back to the alternate elevators and take Mason with you! We'll try to meet you there. Do not let them retake Mason. The Senior Ranger and I are expendable.
[20:19] <Gabriel> +com+ Lieutenant, get power back on!
[20:20] <Joanna> ::hands off the stuff to Roland, then goes back to Mason::
[20:20] <Ardelmos> ::pulls up:: Holy fucking son of an Ashanti whore.... ::spins:: Everybody! Move!
[20:21] <Ardelmos> Grab Mason! Everyone out! Make for the elevator!
[20:21] <Thierry> ::Finishes wrapping up his leg and then starts his break for the elevator
[20:21] <Ardelmos> If we're lucky, we can get out before they know we've gotten him out. Birkin! Set up the breaching charge on the entrance to the med-bay! We'll blow it when they try to enter!
[20:22] <Ardelmos> And someone check that Earther's sorry ass for a homing beacon!
[20:22] <Gabriel> ::switches frequencies:: +com+ Nalda, recommend you evacuate this level. We've got heavy exoskeletons moving in, and we don't have anything heavy enough to stop them. Recommend you evacuate this level. They're after us, not your people. Do not engage them.
[20:22] <Joanna> ::grabs Mason and starts dragging him out::
[20:23] <Savant> The two exoskeletons lay down fire with chain guns - they look like modified versions of a Mordred's chain gun, with large ammo boxes on their backs. The hail of fire they put down is absolutely withering, shredding crates, shelves, walls and anything else remotely damageable. A few shells even whiz into the medical bay.
[20:24] <Craig> ::breaks for cover trying his best to avoid getting hit::things just went south...
[20:25] <Gabriel> ::nods at Craig, then screams as he's shot, recovers his breath as best he can, then:: Evac, Senior Ranger! Move, double time!
[20:27] <Thierry> ::Sticks a painckiller into his thigh and then moves to get mason out::
[20:28] <Joanna> ::looks around and finds a gurney to put Mason on::
[20:28] <Thierry> ::Pulls a gurney out and pulls mason onto it:: Lets move
[20:30] <Joanna> ::says nothing, just nods and starts pushing::
[20:32] <Savant> Mem> +com+ Power's coming back on, Captain!
[20:33] <Gabriel> +com+ Nalda, Nalda, come in Nalda, if you can hear me, order an evac. Any Peresalona forces that can hear me, do not engage, evac immediately. Small Heavy Gears are inside the facility, so unless you have rocket launchers or anti-Gear rifles, evac immediately.
[20:34] <Joanna> ::gets up to a good run pushing::
[20:34] <Savant> Nalda Peresalona> +com+ Gears? S-small gears? What? Oh, heck... Tower, respond tower. Issue evac orders! Send down the AV squad to the concourse!
[20:35] <Gabriel> +com+ ::winces, trying to keep a speaking rhythm going:: They're Utopian in design, about 4 meters, Gear class weapons. We stopped one once, with a heavy sniper rifle.
[20:37] <Savant> A third one hops up from the elevator - a huge gust of wind from the things pack fans the fires. It's bigger than the others, but seems to have a smaller gun. In exchange, however, there's a multi-tiered compartment on its back.
[20:38] <Savant> This one points with its hand, waving its gun about, while the other two lay down their fire
[20:40] <Thierry> ::breaks into a spring, heading for the elevator::
[20:41] <Gabriel> ::starts to get the hell out of dodge::
[20:41] <Craig> ::makes a mad dash for the door::
[20:41] <Gabriel> ::is winged by another round, and stumble-trips toward the door as best he can::
[20:42] <Savant> The Exoskeletons let loose their withering barrage, but Craig and Gabriel use the cover as best they can, even as its disintegrating.
[20:44] <Gabriel> ::makes it out the door still breathing, and turns the corner, wincing at every step::
[20:46] <Savant> The Earthers are right behind Gabriel and Craig and they're fast - hellishly fast.
[20:47] <Craig> ::as he runs:: looks like morganas and a jan in this exos!
[20:49] <Savant> They're in the hallway in a flash, the motors of their legs propelling them far faster than theiy might go otherwise. They're now out of sight, but their bounding steps can be heard
[20:53] <Gabriel> ::nods at Craig, breathing heavy now, and not trying to speak::
[20:54] <LrdVampyre> ::two hover drones zip up and out of the elevator shaft, looking about the room...each painted in an odd pattern...a cartoon character of a furry creature...much like a tasmanian devil::
[20:56] <LrdVampyre> ::the two drones swivel and spot the larger machine...machine gun fire opens up from both of them::
[20:57] <Savant> The larger machine swivels to face the two drones, suprised by their sudden appearance. He springs to one side quickly, avoiding their fire and letting them skate backwards through the air from the recoil of their shots
[21:01] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::notices Joanna's hospital gown:: Move it, Cheeks!
[21:02] <Savant> One of the two exoskeletons is out first. It's not holding down the trigger off that chain-gun - conserving ammo, likely - but it's still scary. It bull-rushes *through* Gabriel and Craig.
[21:02] <Joanna> ::mutters, pushing as fast as she can already::
[21:05] <Gabriel> +com+ All Talon units, exo inbound... do not let Mason be taken under any circumstances. Put a grenade in his hand if you must, but get him out of here.
[21:06] <Craig> ::catches a glimpse of the exo as it rushes in fast and manages to sidestep out of it's way::
[21:07] <Gabriel> ::is then smashed down by an exo::
[21:08] <Thierry> +Com+ Understood cap'n ::Hears com go dead::
[21:09] <Craig> ::hears gabriel go down behind him, makes a split second decision to keep with the orders and get out though::
[21:10] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::runs out the hospital doors, spots an exo, panic fires at it, then keeps running::
[21:10] <Joanna> ::shouts:: Friendlies moving out! ::dashes out::
[21:10] <Savant> Birkin's shot smashes against the armour of the exo, but doesn't go through. The thing keeps coming, and is looking about left to right as it does so
[21:11] <Joanna> ::pushing Mason's gurney as she does so, doing her absolute best to get out of the field of fire::
[21:11] <Craig> +com+ captain's down! we gotta keep moving though!
[21:11] <Savant> As Joanna comes out from the medicenter, *then* the exoskeleton pulls the trigger.
[21:13] <Joanna> Oh FRAK! ::does her best to try to weave at speed until she can get around the curve of the wall to safety::
[21:14] <Joanna> Dammit Mason, you're supposed to be the one pulling ME out of bad situations!
[21:16] <LrdVampyre> ::one of the drones powers up, sounding like a buzzsaw as it speeds out of the hanger::
[21:17] <LrdVampyre> ::the second one swivels to face the larger machine and lets rip with its machine guns again before moving out::
[21:18] <Savant> The exoskeleton jumps aside again, starting to run for the doorway as well
[21:18] <Savant> The second burst of fire scatters shells across its armoured carapace, but the pilot's too good
[21:19] <LrdVampyre> ::both drones hover around the fallen form of Gabriel for a moment, looking angrily at their surroundings::
[21:20] <Thierry> ::Continues running and top speed::
[21:21] <Savant> The second lighter, "trooper" exoskeleton barrels out behind the first, pushing through the two drones as if they weren't there, and ignoring Gabriel for the most part. He gets kicked by the thing as it passes by, which sends him skidding away but fortunately doesn't seem to break anything.
[21:21] <Savant> It's more interested in the swarm of confused guards down the hall - and it opens up with its minigun on them
[21:22] <LrdVampyre> ::the two drones flip the suit the equivalent of the bird::
[21:22] <Savant> The guards, in return, either fall or panic, and begin their mad dash for the elevator
[21:29] <Ardelmos> ::throws the first of the two grenades in his hands at the exoskeleton as it roars around the corner, not entirely sure how strong the grenade is or what it's effects might be::
[21:31] <Craig> ::sees roland throw a grenade his way and dives out of the way::
[21:33] <Savant> The exoskeleton fares about the same as Craig does, though it's suprised by the blast - enough so that its shot is sporadic and ineffective.
[21:35] <Ardelmos> ::throws the second grenade as the other exoskeleton appears, then makes for the elevator::
[21:38] <Savant> ::the second exoskeleton seems less phased by the blast; it runsh through the explosion already firing...
[21:40] * Coyote has left #BT05
[21:42] <Savant> Birkin barely gets out of the way in time; but two guards manage to prostate themselves before the metal gods, with predictable effects...
[21:43] <Savant> prostrate. Really, i mean come on now.
[21:46] <LrdVampyre> ::one drone dips and buzzes after the exo that pushed Gabriel down::
[21:46] <Craig> ::takes a shot at the stunned exo as he continues running::
[21:46] <Craig> ::dives into the elevator::
[21:47] <Savant> The beleaguered machine is still very much alive and kicking - it lashes out at Craig with a few bullets as he runs past
[21:48] <LrdVampyre> ::the machine guns blaze to life again::
[21:49] <Savant> The drones guns impact the back of the machine, and impact it hard. A brief gush of sparks pour out from it as the thing turns to face the floating machine
[21:49] <LrdVampyre> ::if a drone could grin maniacly..this one was::
[21:50] <Gabriel> WH> Birkin> ::makes his way toward the elevator behind Joanna, trying to cover her and Mason with his SMG, then smiles when the damaged exo turns away::
[21:51] <LrdVampyre> ::the second drone seeing the big purple machine spins and lets loose a hail of angry bullets::
[21:52] <Savant> The larger, brutish machine barrels out into the hallway, occasionally making long leaps with its back-mounted jets. It swerves to one side as the drone's shells scatter across its armoured hull, then raises its own gun to take a shot on the thing
[21:54] <Savant> The drone takes the hit and spins wildly, careening into the floor and then bouncing into the wall before exploding into a shower of plastic parts
[21:54] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::fires his last shot at the damaged exo, then ejects the clip::
[21:55] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::over his shoulder to Joanna:: Get in the damn elevator, Cheeks!
[21:55] <Savant> The hard-up exoskeleton takes a hit in the shoulder from Birkin - it's impossible to tell just how much, if any, damage has been done to the thing.
[21:55] <Thierry> ::Pushses the button for the ground floor::
[21:57] <Joanna> ::shoves the gurney into the elevator and slides in behind it::
[21:57] <Savant> The doors begin to slide closed on the elevator...
[21:57] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::loads a new clip and continues backing into the elevator and firing from his new clip at the exo until the doors close::
[21:59] <LrdVampyre> ::the drone looks at the exo suit for a moment before spinning around behind it again::
[22:00] <Savant> The exoskeleton takes another shot in the back from Birkin, and the thing actually stumbles forwards this time.
[22:02] <Thierry> ::Cracks off a shot from the carbine, for all the good it will do::
[22:02] <LrdVampyre> ::as it whips around the exo, the guns light up again::
[22:03] <Craig> ::takes another shot with his rifle at the damaged exoskeleton::
[22:03] <Joanna> ::blinks, realizing that the elevator muzak is "Girl From Timbuktu"::
[22:04] <Savant> With the withering barrage, finally the exoskeleton goes down - to does exactly the same thing as the other destroyed Exoskeleton did, it detonates. The other one doesn't sem very pleased about this
[22:05] <Ardelmos> ::pulls the rifle up and pulls the trigger, not sure what to expect as he takes aim carefully at the non-damaged exoskeleton amongst the other rifle cracks in the elevator:: They're going to hose the elevator once the doors are closed, so everyone hit the fucking floor!
[22:05] <LrdVampyre> ::the drone spins around in a version of a victory dance::
[22:07] <Craig> ::after taking his shot, drops to the floor::
[22:07] <Savant> ::Roalnds' shots impact it in the knee joint - it's heavily armoured, but he can see a dimple from at least one of the shells. . That isn't going to stop it from doing what it intends, however.
[22:08] <Joanna> ::pulls Mason off the gurney to the floor, then shoves at it with her foot to tip it slightly, hoping it'll help shield them::
[22:12] <Savant> The doors slide closed as the bullets come raining down - they actually dimple the metal of the door as the elevator slides smoothly downwards
[22:12] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[22:12] <Joanna> ::attn::
[22:12] <LrdVampyre> ::beep::
[22:12] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[22:13] <Ardelmos> ::attn::
[22:13] <Savant> well, that took a little longer than I thought it would. Comments and questions?
[22:13] <Thierry> :attn:
[22:13] <Ardelmos> ::raises::
[22:13] <Joanna> ::raises::
[22:13] <Savant> Roland?
[22:13] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[22:13] <Craig> ::looks at the clock:: 4 hours....
[22:13] <Thierry> Only comment is that we should get some formal rulings on some of the issues that came up before our next fight Smile
[22:13] <Ardelmos> I can understand stealth suited Morganas making it past the network of sensors we set up....but exoskeletons?
[22:14] <Gabriel> WH> Yeah.
[22:14] <Craig> fras we already determined that the exos were very stealthy
[22:14] <Savant> they're freaking sneaky, operate without an engine, and are the best that at least three entire planets have to offer. Yes, they're scary-good
[22:15] <Thierry> And they have self destruct mechanisms so we can't get one Sad
[22:15] <Ardelmos> Meh. We have Mason.
[22:15] <Joanna> Do you think we've had enough revenge on Ross for Monday now or...? Smile I guess what I'm saying is, could that last exo kick Tynes a few more times? >Smile
[22:15] <Savant> now that you've actually seen them though, you should be able to surmise that they'd get stomped on by your Gears; they're no match in that regard. But they're very good heavy infantry
[22:15] <Savant> heh. This wasn't revenge for anything at all ^_-
[22:16] <Gabriel> Next time, we bring Gears into the building. Wink
[22:16] <Joanna> Heh. Be that as it may, it sure as heck felt like it ;D
[22:16] * Savant grins
[22:16] <Thierry> I consdiered that actually Smile
[22:16] <Ardelmos> Or walk around with anti-gear missiles and anti-gear rifles.
[22:16] <Joanna> Or drones with SDGs Wink
[22:16] <Gabriel> Nah, armor piercing rounds would have been enough. I just didn't think of them.
[22:16] <Thierry> Thierry needs a bigger gun Smile
[22:16] <LrdVampyre> should have setup two teams...one subtle, the other one with heavy firepower just in case.
[22:16] <Joanna> So, the wrap up?
[22:17] <Craig> SDG's would be x250 on personal scale wouldn't they?Smile
[22:17] <Gabriel> Two more questions.
[22:17] <Savant> a regular assault rifle got through. They arne't invincible. they just seem so when you only have pistols and they've got chain guns ^_-
[22:17] <Savant> sure thing
[22:17] <Gabriel> ::points upwards::
[22:17] <Gabriel> Joanna's first.
[22:17] <Savant> Joanna
[22:17] <Joanna> The revenge question was my question Wink
[22:17] <Savant> oh ^_- heh. I dunno. I think that Joanna's going to have a lot more to worry about soon
[22:17] <Savant> Gabriel
[22:17] <Gabriel> So, clear it up: how did the Morganas in the exos know to wait until Joanna came out with a gurney? Mason went down, the Morganas didn't see it. No Morgana got within sight range of Mason, so no radio transmission to the effect that Mason was captured should have gone out. Cameras were dead, and Kassie was locked out. For all they knew, Mason should be dead. Seemed rather convenient.
[22:18] <Joanna> Failure to respond to a subvoc comm? Failure to check in on said comm.
[22:18] <Gabriel> Yet they held fire until she came out.
[22:18] <LrdVampyre> do you think the gm is going to answer that? Smile
[22:18] * Savant shrugs and grins
[22:18] <Joanna> Tracking device on person Joanna killed linked to bio-signs.
[22:18] <Joanna> Likewise Mason. Taser could have fried 'em.
[22:18] <Savant> they went in because they lost communications, and figured that they'd be able to go in hard and offer support
[22:18] <Thierry> The same way the Thermographs I requested broke Smile
[22:19] <Gabriel> Yes, but this is a specific question.
[22:19] <Gabriel> They ignored armed men to shoot at the woman pushing the gurney.
[22:19] <Gabriel> How did they know to do that?
[22:19] <Savant> that's why they went in. Why the morgana held her shot? Target - rich environment, and he wasn't the easiest or best shot. And maybe she identified Mason on the bed. He was dressed distinctively enough
[22:20] <Gabriel> ::nods:: You're kind of dancing around the question.
[22:20] <Joanna> And if you were going to get an incapacitated high-profile target out of a hospital, how would you do it? Wink
[22:20] <Gabriel> My point here is that they knew a higher value target was coming out. For all they knew, Mason should have been first out, not last.
[22:20] <Thierry> But any number of people could be being pushed out on a guerny
[22:21] <Gabriel> If it was a mistake, say it was a mistake. If it wasn't a mistake, I'd just like to know it wasn't a mistake and they knew somehow.
[22:21] <Savant> she knows what Mason looks like. She saw Mason on a gurney, beeing wheeled out by someone she didn't know. She's also a trained soldier in a top of the line vehicle who feels that small arms fire is almost beneath her. She's not going to snap at the first thing that moves
[22:21] <Joanna> Or maybe Joanna intended to betray you and she just got "pinched by the Feds" ;D
[22:21] <LrdVampyre> the gm doesn't have to give up secrets that the npcs had
[22:21] <Gabriel> Again, you're bypassing my question.
[22:21] <Gabriel> How did she know Mason was gonna be the last person out?
[22:21] <Joanna> Could we move this on to XP so some of us can go get some sleep? Wink
[22:21] <Gabriel> How did she know to hold fire despite three armed men?
[22:21] <Savant> she didn't. She didn't have to snap fire at all. She saw mason come out, and decided to snap then.
[22:22] <Savant> otherwise she would've waited until her turn and then walked fire across all of them
[22:22] <Gabriel> Hmph. All right. Just seems amazingly convenient.
[22:22] <Savant> sorry. I'll be honest and say that my first reaction was "ooh! mason! Get Joanna!" . But i thought about it a moment, and given that Morganas are the epitome of cool under fire, i figured it was a judgement one could make.
[22:23] <Gabriel> I don't deny that IF they knew there was good reason to hold fire.
[22:23] <Gabriel> But they shouldn't have known.
[22:23] <Savant> shouldn't have known it was mason coming out? She didn't know Mason was coming out until he did come out.
[22:23] <LrdVampyre> don't forget, mason came here to get Joanna out alive?
[22:23] <Thierry> Anyway, can we have some XP Mr Mouse Smile
[22:23] <Gabriel> Yeah, I'll drop it. Skip to the end.
[22:24] <Savant> i'll start with our base of 2 experience points,. do you figure you guys performed a critical maneuver today?
[22:24] <Craig> oh hell yes
[22:25] <Savant> heh
[22:25] <Savant> i do too ^_-
[22:25] <Joanna> Most of us survived ;D
[22:25] <Thierry> If we didn't I'd like to know what's critical Smile
[22:25] <Ardelmos> We avoided getting killed (well, most of us).
[22:25] <Gabriel> The team captured Mason. That's very critical.
[22:25] <Joanna> Captured was XP for last time. Safely evacuated is this time Wink
[22:25] <Craig> technically we all survived, gabriel is unconscious and will be presumed captured, i smell a prisoner trade in the future...
[22:26] <Savant> three. You were in a combat enoucnter, +1. Against opponents of higher power, another +2.
[22:26] <Thierry> Not to mention downing three morgannas that outgunned and outarmored us Razz
[22:26] <Ardelmos> They're not going to have time to grab Gabriel. The Tower anti-vehicle team will be there in a minute.
[22:26] <Savant> Did you work as a team today?
[22:26] <Gabriel> ::shrugs:: In about 45 minutes, Gabriel's gonna be dead. The hospital's smashed, the level's been evac'ed, and the last two GREL are gonna be too busy chasing you guys.
[22:26] <Craig> 4 morganas, we did take down the one exoskeleton
[22:26] <Thierry> Oui oui
[22:26] <Joanna> Yeah, I'd say so
[22:27] <Gabriel> Yep, perfect teamwork.
[22:27] <Savant> i agree. another +1 is 7. Now, what did I award for experience last time?
[22:27] <Gabriel> 6.
[22:27] * Savant nods nods
[22:27] <Thierry> 6 and I only spent 2 Smile
[22:28] <Savant> okay. I'm going to award another 2 experience tonight for the extended, extended fight. So that's 9 in total today.
[22:28] <Savant> I'd come up with a bonus question, but i'm too tired ^_-
[22:28] <Joanna> I'll figure my spendings tomorrow, heh. Smile
[22:28] <LrdVampyre> so, that's 8 cause of the one e-d?
[22:28] <Savant> quite
[22:28] <Craig> thank you oh lord:)
[22:28] <Ardelmos> 1 small arms, 1 luck, 1 defense, 1 athletics, 1 throwing, 1 burnt from 2nd Small Arms, 1 FIT, 1 INF, 1 bank.
[22:28] <Savant> any other questions before we break?
[22:28] <Gabriel> -2 for Fras, -1 for Boomer, -2 for me, -3 for Craig.
[22:28] <Joanna> -1 for Joanna.
[22:29] <Joanna> ED spent that is tonight.
[22:29] <Savant> looks good Roland
[22:29] <Joanna> ::totters on her feet waiting to be dismissed::
[22:29] <Thierry> 2 D 1 H2H 1 PSY 1 CS 2 SA
[22:29] <Craig> i think i spent around 5 ED this time
[22:29] <Gabriel> I've got you over-ED'ing twice tonight, Fras. Guess I miscounted.
[22:29] <Savant> okay, Thierry
[22:29] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:07] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:07] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:07] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:07] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:07] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:07] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:07] <Ardelmos> ::attn and such::
[18:07] <Thierry> ::Attn::
[18:08] <Savant> greetings and saultations to you all, and welcome yet again to another episode of the Black Talons. Before we dive into the briefing, i figured i'd let you know my call on the AP-ammo question. AP ammo decreases armour value by half, but at a penalty of -3 DM. Call me middle-of-the-road i guess ^_-
[18:09] <Savant> anyways, i'll give you a briefing and then we can dive into questions.
[18:09] <Savant> A Traitor in Our Midst
[18:09] <Savant> 34 Winter TN, 0800h - Morning
[18:09] <Savant> Zagazig Northern Guard Shipyards
[18:09] <Savant> 8 degrees Celcius, 37% humidity
[18:09] <Savant> For a time, there is rest. The Talons have needed to spend a few weeks in recovery while their Captain healed; this has allowed them to reasess their situation, and it is at the same time hopeful and chilling. On the positive side, they have under their control a CEF Captain, and a well-informed one at that. He so far hasn't spoken, but it's hoped that he will shortly.
[18:09] <Savant> On the down side, the CEF forces have drawn ever close to Terra Nova - already fighters have ranged ahead into planetary orbit to wreak havoc on the defenders. Orbital security still held, but the CEF was bringing a hammer down upon the planet and best guesses by analysts doubt Terra Nova's ability to fight off the CEF space assets.
[18:09] <Savant> All in all, Terra Nova lingers in doubt, but still has enough hope to press on and fight to win the oncoming war. The Talons, now rested, are poised to be on the first wave of that war...
[18:09] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:09] <Gabriel> ack
[18:09] <Thierry> Ackers
[18:09] <Craig> ack
[18:09] <Ardelmos> yak
[18:09] <Birkin> ack
[18:09] <Joanna> acl
[18:09] * Brad is now known as Mem
[18:10] <Savant> and we can do questions
[18:10] <Mem> ack
[18:10] <Gabriel> None here.
[18:11] <Thierry> None here, though will it be necessary to update me loadout now?
[18:11] <Savant> Gabriel was just released from the medical centre at Talon HQ, he's just arrived in Zagazig through .. well, whatever means he wished, really. They loaned him a two-seater, i guess ^_-
[18:11] <Gabriel> Actually... ::raises::
[18:12] <Savant> your inventory? You're free to update your inventory when you like, since you're on Terra Nova and have ample resupply.
[18:12] <Savant> Gabriel.
[18:12] <Gabriel> I forgot to mention, Gabriel ordered Roland and Birkin to do caseless mods on all main rifles during the interim period, and Craig and Mem to take apart the cellphone found in the truck bomb for numbers, memory information, and info from the phone company.
[18:12] <Gabriel> Any problems with the first or new info from the second?
[18:13] <Savant> No problems at all with either. Roland and Birkin have fun tinkering with guns for awhile and then go to a firing range; Craig and Mem take apart some cellphones. Seems that they were new, or their memory was wiped. You can get some DNA evidence off of them though.
[18:14] <Birkin> any of it mem's? Wink
[18:14] <Ardelmos> ::raises::
[18:14] <Gabriel> ::nods:: No phone records associated with the phone? Call logs or anything?
[18:14] <Savant> the DNA matches the >ahem< swabs taken from Lieutenant Gage after his >ahem< encounter.
[18:14] <Savant> was wiped clean if it was used, Gabriel.
[18:14] <Savant> Roland.
[18:14] <Ardelmos> Is Roland allowed to use the bodies of the GREL we killed hung on a meathook at the end of the range, instead of paper targets?
[18:14] <Gabriel> Ssssssslut.
[18:15] <Birkin> that's gonna stiiiiiiiink
[18:15] <Savant> the nice people at NGB sesshu don't tell youwhat to do, and they stay-the-hell-away from the Talons if you start doing that ^_-
[18:15] <Gabriel> That'd be a big no. They go to the closest genome lab for DNA typing and estimation of their differenes from standard GREL.
[18:15] <Ardelmos> Seems it would produce more accurate wound ballistics, if you ask me.
[18:15] <Gabriel> (If any.)
[18:16] * Mem grins.
[18:16] <Savant> any other questions?
[18:16] <Savant> keep in mind that Gabriel isn't around to tell you what to do over those weeks, Roland ^_-
[18:16] <Ardelmos> ::grins::
[18:16] <Mem> If asked, though, Mem suggests he work on his gardening instead of using GREL as target practice.
[18:16] <Mem> Wink
[18:16] <Joanna> ::runs and hides. Somewhere safe. Preferrably behind multiple layers of armor::
[18:17] <Craig> feel free to write up a couple logs roland:)
[18:17] <Mem> And maybe take a girl out or something instead.
[18:17] * Savant grins
[18:18] <Joanna> Only way Roland would willingly spend time with a woman is if she were dead, on his shoulder, and he needed to take the body somewhere for some reason Wink
[18:18] <Savant> anyways. Let's move the trash talking to some other channel ^_-
[18:18] <Craig> kinky
[18:18] <Savant> any other questions?
[18:19] <Savant> strikes me as a no.
[18:19] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:19] <Savant> It's been a relatively quiet few weeks. Not so much of a peep from Buchene or what remains of the Earthers. A few more bombs go off, but they're without warning, so there's little to do but send evidence to forensics specialists.
[18:20] <Gabriel> ::disembarks from a COD aircraft via the stairwell, grabs his duffel from inside, and ducks behind the prop wash, making his way toward the terminal::
[18:21] <Savant> Mason, and by extension the Talon team, has bene shuffled about the planet. A few days in Port Oasis, a few days in a Paxton base in the Eastern Desert, a few days on the Westphalia - it's been a lot of travelling. Mason's been silent and dour, but seems to be maintaining his spirit
[18:21] <Mem> ::sits in the lounge/coffee/common/briefing room with his legs up on the table, reading the news on his laptop terminal::
[18:21] <Ardelmos> ::sits in front of a workbench, turning a piece of one of the Morgana's torso armor over in his hands and examining the damage to it based upon the different calibres of bullets he had fired at it earlier in the day::
[18:22] <Thierry> ::Sips his morning tea quietly::
[18:22] <Joanna> ::is cleaning her weapons::
[18:22] <Savant> There's very little to really do - all that the Talons can really do about the invading ships is watch the reports from Command, along with the video footage that comes in from space. The CEF fleet has crawled its way through the system like a scythe, sweeping aside the defenders in its path
[18:22] <Gabriel> ::crosses into the terminal building, and from there, over to the main admin building::
[18:22] <Birkin> ::is currently inspeceting the portable flame thrower the talons had managed to take off of the dead vat head::
[18:24] <Ardelmos> ::grunts to himself and grabs a pair of pliers, starting to dig out those rounds that did not penetrate through the armor composite to examine how they deformed::
[18:24] <Joanna> ::picks up her Orlinjok, now reassembled, and sights down the weapon::
[18:24] <Savant> Soldier> ::raises a hand to Gabriel as he approaches the admin building entrance - it's apparent he's checking ID cards:: Good morning, Sir.
[18:25] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Good morning, Corporal. ::passes his ID tag to the guard, then signs himself back onto the base::
[18:26] <Gabriel> Any ships expected in or out today? Any major flight activity?
[18:26] <Craig> ::in the lounge as well doing nothing in particular, just waiting::
[18:26] <Ardelmos> ::sets the deformed bullets side by side as he digs them out, taking a moment to examine both the method the round deformed, but also how deep into the armor it penetrated and how the composite reacted to the impact::
[18:26] <Joanna> ::puts down the Orlinjok::
[18:27] <Birkin> ::doesnt even look up from his new toy as he speaks to Roland:: You send off a chunk of that shit unharmed to the lab boys?
[18:27] <Thierry> ::Looks at the latest reports and frowns:: It could be worse I suppose
[18:27] <Savant> Soldier> ::passes the card under a reader and examines a screen, then passes the card back:: Welcome back Captain - your team has the third Hot bay. We've got a flight heading out to Port Aurora, actually, Sir... And... well, sir, you might want to talk to your Sergeant. We've had a few complaints about his ballistics tests.
[18:27] <Mem> ::mutters and sets the computer up on the table, and sits himself up::
[18:27] <Gabriel> ::pockets his pen:: Oh?
[18:27] <Joanna> ::cleans up the cleaning supplies::
[18:27] <Gabriel> ::accepts his card back and clips it to his BDUs::
[18:27] <Ardelmos> ::grunts:: They wanted a whole suit.
[18:28] <Ardelmos> Luckily, we had three -- so no biggee.
[18:28] <Savant> The images coming form space are clearer now, and they tell a tale all their own. The first wave of ships, those coming from the Zeus gatepoint, are mostly warships - destroyers, cruisers, and even a few of the larger battleships. The second wave is where the carriers are.
[18:28] <Mem> ::looks over at Thierry:: What could be worse?
[18:29] * LrdVampyre has joined #BT05
[18:29] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:29] <Savant> Soldier> Could just be talking, Sir. We've had three complaints about , er, desecration of a corpse and improper hygiene.
[18:29] <Thierry> Never mind. ::Clicks off the terminal::
[18:30] <Joanna> ::gets up and wanders over by Birkin::
[18:30] <Birkin> That's good. This flamethrower is nice. I wonder if we could get some fuel for it, I'd love to have it on a rifle for one one of those vat heads gets too close ::hears Joanna come up:: You come to get some trigger time in Earther Girl?
[18:30] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Very well, Corporal. Thank you for the update. I'll look into it.
[18:31] <Mem> Earth warships coming, an Earther who won't talk to us. I suppose it could get worse, you know, if the sun exploded.
[18:31] <Joanna> ::quietly:: No. I'm just warning you. No more "Cheeks", or you WILL regret it.
[18:31] <Mem> ::folds up his computer and leaves the room::
[18:31] <Savant> Soldier> ::nods and admits Gabriel to the complex::
[18:31] <Birkin> ::smirks ever so slightly:: You should talk to my dad. He always did say the best way to get me to do something
[18:31] <Birkin> Was to tell me not to do it.
[18:31] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:32] <Gabriel> ::crosses into the base proper via the courtyard and makes his way toward the hangar and associated building issued to his Talon team::
[18:32] <Mem> ::heads into the bay:: Morning, Boomer, Cheeks.
[18:32] <Ardelmos> ::nods wisely:: Sage advice.
[18:32] <Savant> There's a screen in the lounge that the TAlons have taken which is wholly devoted to a few satelite views wired in from Port Aurora. It's showing live footage from an orbiting Norlight destroyer engaging CEF assets.
[18:33] <Birkin> Juno still around? Maybe we could requisition up some good paint for her helmet.
[18:33] <Joanna> ::quietly:: And I think it's quite offensive and sexist.
[18:33] <Thierry> ::Watches the battle unfold, a little concerned about what he's seeing and botherd by the fact that he can't do anything.::
[18:33] <Craig> ::looks up at the trideo screen:: not long till they get here
[18:34] <Ardelmos> ::glances up at the screen:: Good. More vatfreaks to kill.
[18:34] <Mem> Anyone said good morning to our prisoner yet?
[18:34] <Birkin> Welcome to Terra Nova. Where if you piss standing up or sitting down doesnt mean jack shit. There's nothing sexist about it.
[18:34] <Ardelmos> ::grabs measuring device and starts taking notes on the different impact zones:: No, 'cause to him it's mid-afternoon now.
[18:34] <Joanna> Fine. Last warning. I WILL make you regret it.
[18:35] <Mem> Can it.
[18:36] <Gabriel> ::enters the building, closing the door behind him, the first thing he sees Mem apparently acting like an officer for a change::
[18:36] <Mem> I guess I'll go take him breakfast, then. Let him know we're fucking their fleet up in orbit.
[18:36] <Birkin> Yeah yeah... ::waves a hand at Mem, and goes back to inspecting the flame thrower he has::
[18:36] <Mem> ::turns and does a double take at the captain::
[18:36] <Melissa> ::a young woman, dressed in desert fatigues with a duffle bag wanders into the complex. Looking around, she hefts the bag to readjust it while poking the guy beside her:: Hey Lawrence...stop staring, they'll know you're a newbie ::gives him a big grin::
[18:37] <Thierry> ::Notes Gabe's arrival and then wanders into the bay:: Welcome to the party sir
[18:37] <Ardelmos> ...did you not hear a word I just said?
[18:37] <Joanna> ::looks at Mem:: Me, can it? At least I didn't sleep with the enemy.
[18:37] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Doctor. Lieutenant. Good morning, everyone.
[18:37] <Savant> ((Jeremi, not Lawrence. I found the name, whee))
[18:37] <Ardelmos> We've gradually been shifting his time schedule so he doesn't have a clue when it is. It's mid-afternoon for him, not morning.
[18:37] <Mem> ::stands a bit more attentively, though there was a brief moment of two weeks of no authority rust he had to shake off first::
[18:38] <Mem> Welcome back, captain.
[18:38] <Savant> Jeremi> ::Grins back at Melissa and shrugs, though he shakes off his wide-eyed wonder at the massive base:: Sorry.
[18:38] <Birkin> ::puts his things down and turns around:: Captain. Good to see you in full health again
[18:38] <Joanna> ::sighs:: Besides, I already have a callsign, from the CEF. ::wanders off to watch the live feed::
[18:38] <Melissa> ::laughs:: No worries...my first time too
[18:39] <Melissa> ::runs a gloved hand through her tossled purple hair:: Nice place though
[18:39] <Birkin> (vqw) Cheeks... cheeks. CHEEKS! ::makes a screwed up face as Joanna turns her back to him before going back to attention at the Captain::
[18:40] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::looks about again:: Never been to a landship dock before.... Barely even *seen* a landship before.... forgot how big they are.
[18:40] <Joanna> ::whirls, shouts:: If you have to know, it was LOUD MOUTH!
[18:40] <Thierry> So sir, you caught up yet or should I detail all we haven't gotten from our guest
[18:40] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Sergeant. Well done following my orders, everyone. The Captain fell, but the mission was accomplished. That's a win.
[18:41] <Mem> ::nods to Tynes:: He hasn't said a word.
[18:41] <Melissa> ::waves to the entrance:: She sure is a beautiful sight. Come one...we best get our papers checked before they expire, or something.
[18:41] <Ardelmos> 'course we haven't exactly asked him any pressing questions yet.
[18:41] <Gabriel> I'm caught up, Doctor, thank you. The nice thing about a two week hospital stay is that you can catch up on your reading.
[18:41] <Savant> Soldier> ::Stops Melissa and Jeremi at the entrance of the admin complex, and gestures for their ID cards::
[18:42] <Gabriel> ::nods at Roland:: That ends today. I needed him off balance and disoriented. I'd say he's there.
[18:42] <Melissa> ::fishes in one of the chest service pockets then another one before she finally pulls out her ID card::
[18:42] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::hands over his ID card proudly::
[18:42] <Ardelmos> ::lets the smallest hint of a smile cross his features::
[18:42] <Thierry> Shall I warm him up sir? I still got some of that special truth serum
[18:43] <Savant> Soldier> ::nods at both and hands the cards back:: Your team is in Hot bay three. Your captain just showed up, might want to get in there.
[18:43] <Gabriel> Thank you, Doctor. That would be lovely. ::turns to Farrell:: Corporal, you might not have noticed, but this is a military briefing.
[18:43] <Melissa> ::she grins:: Cool...um...which way would that be?
[18:44] <Mem> Norlight ships are up there fighting right now. Might twist it a bit to let him know that his side is losing, see if it gets a response from him.
[18:44] <Thierry> ::Nods:: Meet you down there sir.
[18:44] <Joanna> ::sighs:: Sorry sir. Quite offended by Birkin. Won't happen until I'm off duty.
[18:45] <Savant> Soldier> ::hands Melissa a basic map of the complex - a non-classified map at least. He circles where the two want to go with a pen.:: Right over there. Shouldn't have a problem finding it, it's right by the airstrips you see out and to your right.
[18:45] <Thierry> ::Turns and heads off to where Mason his being kept, picking up his case of special needles on the way::
[18:45] <Birkin> ::snickers ever so slightly as the Earther got in trouble::
[18:45] <Gabriel> I suggest you settle relative offenses, Corporal. The vacation that you've been on ended about ten minutes ago.
[18:46] <Melissa> ::gives the soldier another big grin:: Thanks!. Come on Jeremi, this way! ::starts almost bouncing in the direction of the Hot bay::
[18:46] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::is more pulled along than following along with Melissa::
[18:46] <Gabriel> Now then, Corporal, I'd like you to view the interrogation of our prisoner from the observation room.
[18:46] <Gabriel> You'll have an open comm to myself, but I don't want to agitate our prisoner by having you visible to him.
[18:46] <Savant> The Captain's words are punctuated by a flash of light from the screen as a Terranovan fightercraft explodes in full view of the camera.
[18:46] <Gabriel> Am I going to get any argument on that point?
[18:47] <Thierry> ::Gets to the dentention area and waits for the guards::
[18:47] <Savant> Guard> ::is already there when Thierry arrives::
[18:47] <Joanna> ... ::a beat::
[18:47] <Mem> One of ours.
[18:48] <Joanna> My argument isn't with you sir. No.
[18:48] <Gabriel> ::frowns at the display:: I'd say our prisoner's friends have reached high orbit.
[18:48] <Thierry> ::Nods to the guard:: Our guest awake and ready?
[18:48] <Melissa> ::Approaches the bay with Jeremi in tow:: Hello?
[18:48] <Ardelmos> ::glances at the screen, then shrugs and goes back to taking his measurements::
[18:49] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Thank you, Corporal. Senior Sergeant, I'd like to have you along for the talk. Lieutenant, check in with base comm and find out what's going on.
[18:49] <Savant> Two Whipsnake space fighters chase through the remains of their leader, desperately trying to fend off the brutal onslaught of the blocky CEF destroyer slowly barreling towards the planet.
[18:49] <Birkin> We're going to have to start setting the table here soon arent we.... ::stares at the display for a moment:: Yeah we are.
[18:49] <Savant> Just as the fight whips off of the screen again, Melissa and Jeremi arrive at the Talon's appropriated lounge.
[18:50] <Mem> Tell our friend "dobryj den" for me.
[18:50] <Ardelmos> ::nods silently and sets his measuring tool down, recording the figures for the last ballistic impact before pushing himself back from the workbench and grabbing the PDAs there::
[18:50] <Savant> Guard> He's asleep right now. We can wake him if you'd like.
[18:50] <Gabriel> ::looks over his shoulder at the new arrivals:: This is Dekarch Melissa Childs, from the Humanist Alliance. She'll been assigned to our prime team as a driver and drone operator. And as you can see, I've successfully recruited Corporal Peresalona for our team. He'll be on second team, acting as my wingman for a certain pair of birds that will be joining our operation.
[18:51] <Thierry> Please do, the captain has returned and would like to have a chat with Monsieur Farrell. Kindly bring him to main interrogation if you would
[18:51] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::waves a hand at the Talons, then assumes a posture that seems vaguely attention-ish::
[18:51] <Melissa> ::looks around the lounge and salutes the Captain:: Dekarch Childs reporting for duty, sir
[18:51] <Craig> ::looks over at the new arrivals, then back to tynes:: what opperation would that be, sir?
[18:51] <Savant> Guard> ::shrugs and looks at the other two guards, who enter the room. A few moments later, a groaning and limp Mason is brought out of the cell with a black bag over his head::
[18:52] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Welcome, Dekarch. I must admit that I'm not familiar with your rank. Is that a Humanist Alliance rank?
[18:52] <Ardelmos> ::glances between the two of them briefly, then goes back to gathering his materials::
[18:52] <Mem> ::glances over at the newcomers, staring a few moments longer at Childs::
[18:52] <Gabriel> ::glances at Mem:: Lieutenant... ::indicates the screen:: Will you call the duty officer and find out what's going on up ther?
[18:52] <Melissa> ::nods in assent:: It is, yes, sir. A Protector rank...umm...equivalent to squad leader?
[18:53] <Mem> Aye, captain.
[18:53] <Mem> ::to Melissa as he passes by, grinning:: Welcome aboard.
[18:53] <Birkin> ::turns to the new comer for a moment:: (w) A Humanist hm?
[18:54] <Mem> ::continues into the next room and sets up a commlink::
[18:54] <Melissa> ::nods and smiles brightly at Mem as he walks by::
[18:55] <Joanna> ::withholds a snide remark to Mem... it's Birkin she's out for blood for now::
[18:55] <Savant> Orderly> ::Mem sees a middle-aged man on his screen:: +com+ Switchboard.
[18:56] <Melissa> ::Not especially tall, more lithe and agile, her large blue eyes take in everything that's going on around her. The uniform is a little dishevelled, like it was hastily pulled out of a bag and put on before arriving here::
[18:56] <Mem> +com+ Can I get someone at base command please? I'm trying to get a status report about what's happening in orbit.
[18:56] <Gabriel> ::nods:: Very well, Dekarch. Welcome to the team. ::turns back to the others:: The Dekarch, while proficient in a Gear, is actually more proficient in ground vehicles. She'll be operating either one of our Spiders or a light tank once we're deployed off-planet.
[18:56] <Savant> Mason is brought to a small interrogation room near the stockade, and bound to a chair tightly, then left there. This has happened to him twice in the past weeks; both times he was tied to the chair, left alone witht he bag on his head for several hours, then returned to his cell
[18:56] <Gabriel> Questions.
[18:57] <Melissa> ::raises a hand:: I have a question sir
[18:57] <Gabriel> ::glances over:: Go ahead, Dekarch.
[18:57] <Ardelmos> ::remains tight lipped, stuffing the PDAs from the workbench into various pockets on his uniform, and casts his eyes towards Melissa as she actually raises her hand into the air as if they were at school::
[18:57] <Thierry> ::Heads into the interrogation room and removes the bag from Mason's head:: Good day Monsieur Mason.
[18:57] <Melissa> Um..is Bonaparte here yet? I was told they would be bringing him in...
[18:58] <Gabriel> I've only arrived myself, Dekarch. Lieutenant Gage is our quartermaster, assisted by Senior Ranger Craig there. They'll be able to assist you in that area.
[18:59] <Craig> ::nods to the newbie::
[18:59] <Gabriel> ::sees that there are no other questions:: Very well. I'll leave you to get acquainted.
[18:59] <Melissa> ::nods, looking a little anxious:: Thank you...he can be tempermental at times...still getting use to his new armaments and such
[18:59] <Gabriel> Corporal, Senior Sergeant, you're with me.
[19:00] <Birkin> ::scratches his head slightly, having no idea what to do in an interrogation so instead he goes off to play with his gun::
[19:00] <Ardelmos> ::nods and falls into rank to the right of and just behind Tynes as they head for the interrogation room::
[19:00] <Joanna> ::gets up and follows behind Tynes::
[19:00] <Thierry> ::Pulls out the needle with the truth serum and injects it into Mason's vein:: You know, there's something I've been rather curious about and was hoping to ask you
[19:00] <Gabriel> ::heads in that direction himself, double-checking his comm unit::
[19:01] <Melissa> ::looks over at Craig:: Senior Ranger? Sorry, I am not familiar with Northern rankings...do you know if Bonaparte has arrived here yet?
[19:02] <Gabriel> ::glances at Roland:: Any problems with our guest?
[19:02] <Gabriel> ::and then to Joanna:: What should I expect from him, Corporal?
[19:02] <Craig> ::blinks:: Bonaparte?
[19:02] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::hasn't said anything to Thierry - he's got grey rings under his eyes and looks weary, but still very rigidly defiant. It's almost as if he isn't even hearing Theirry.
[19:02] <Ardelmos> Not particularly. He's been tightlipped -- we've thrown off his sleep and wake schedule, thought. Thinks it's afternoon.
[19:02] <Joanna> Simply put, he'll be looking for any opening to escape while keeping his mouth shut.
[19:03] <Melissa> Ah, sorry...perhaps they marked him down as a Hun? He is, I guess, classified as a Recon Hun
[19:03] <Joanna> If he does talk, he'll probably accuse you of turning me against him.
[19:03] <Thierry> Come now Mason, care to indulge a young man's curiosity? I wanted to ask you what Earth was like.
[19:04] <Gabriel> ::nods:: I rather expect that, yes.
[19:04] <Thierry> See, I've tried to ask Joanna, but, well, she's not very talkative
[19:04] <Craig> ::picks up a PDA and does a search for this Recon Hun::
[19:04] <Craig> gimme a moment
[19:04] <Joanna> Even if he does talk... I'd bet good money it'll be a lie.
[19:05] <Melissa> ::rocks back and forth on her feet, hands clasped behind her back, smiling at Craig::
[19:05] <Gabriel> If you believe something he's telling me isn't true, please make me aware of it. ::approaches the guard::
[19:06] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::doesn't even turn to look at Thierry, or even acknowledge his question. As far as Thierry can see, Mason doesn't even realize he's there.::
[19:06] <Joanna> ::nods::
[19:06] <Savant> Guard> ::salutes, and says:: The prisoner's inside, sir. So's your doctor.
[19:07] <Gabriel> Thank you, Sergeant. ::indicates his sidearm:: Is there a locker nearby?
[19:07] <Joanna> ::hangs back outside::
[19:07] <Ardelmos> ::glances at Tynes, then the guard, then down at his own weapons::
[19:07] <Savant> Guard> ::nods:: there's a lock box in the observation room, and another in the hall to your left, sir.
[19:07] <Thierry> Youi know, its not normally something you say to her brother, but I have to say...I do have...feelings for your sister
[19:08] <Gabriel> Thank you, Sergeant. ::unhooks his holster and spare clips and passes them to Joanna:: Put that in the observation room locker for me, would you, Corporal?
[19:08] <Ardelmos> ::mutters something about planning to sequentially blow off Mason's fingers with his Socorro as he undoes his holsters::
[19:09] <Savant> Orderly> +com+ Patching you in with intelligence, sir. One moment.
[19:09] <Joanna> ::nods, taking them and going into the observation room::
[19:09] <Craig> ::finds the related files on the Recon Hun:: ahh here it is, fairly impressive for a light tank
[19:09] <Ardelmos> ::passes those to Joanna as well and turns back to the door, opening it for the Captain::
[19:09] <Gabriel> Thank you, Senior Sergeant. ::enters::
[19:09] <Birkin> ::frowns slightly:: Damn Earthers and their weird ass technology. I dont think I'll be able to have someone replicate this crap. ::looking into the tank:: Without it costing me my pension
[19:09] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason doesn't react, yet again, but he *does* seem to hear. It's almost as if Thierry could see him mentally cataloguing the comment.::
[19:10] <Melissa> ::she claps excitedly and hugs Craig, then steps back:: Ah, thank you...and sorry...thank you
[19:10] <Mem> ::leans back in the chair and tries to spot that new chick::
[19:10] <Ardelmos> ::nods and follows in behind Tynes, closing the door securely behind them::
[19:10] <Joanna> ::puts Tynes and Roland's weapons and ammo into the locker in the observation room::
[19:10] <Thierry> Ah captain. Mr Mason has had his medicine.
[19:10] <Craig> ::blinks a bit as he receives the hug:: a heh, thats quite alright
[19:11] <Savant> Intel> :After a moment, a tall woman with vaguely mediterranean features appears ont he screen. Rows of terminals are behind her, showing dozens of scenes:: +com+ NGIS Zagazig. I understand you want to know what's going on up there, Lieutenant Gage?
[19:11] <Melissa> ::she grins and steps back, looking around the bay:: Where can we throw our gear?
[19:11] <Gabriel> Thank you, Doctor. Will you retire to the observation room, please?
[19:11] <Mem> +com+ ::sits back up and looks at the monitor, nodding:: Yes, please. We'd like a status report.
[19:12] <Joanna> Obs> ::looks into the briefing room, comm on so she can hear what's going on::
[19:12] <Craig> ::smiles:: there's a barracks, just exit the lounge, hang a left and at the end of the hall
[19:13] <Gabriel> ::has a seat across from Mason and draws a pile of photographs from an inside BDU pocket::
[19:13] <Savant> Intel> +com+ I assume you mean the fight upstairs, Mister Gage. It's going... poorly. To be frank, we can't hold them off. They're buying time to prepare for a ground defense.
[19:13] <Thierry> Of course sir. ::Slips Roland the case of needles on the way out in case he wanted to use them::
[19:13] <Mem> +com+ Do we know where they intend to land yet?
[19:13] <Melissa> ::nods and motions for Jeremi to follow:: Anything we need to be doing afterwards?
[19:13] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Again, doesn't seem to recognize Tynes' presence, or Thierry's departure::
[19:13] <Ardelmos> ::clips the case to the back of his belt and moves to the corner of the table on Tynes' side of the table, lacing his hands together at the small of his back::
[19:14] <Gabriel> ::doesn't look at the prisoner:: Good morning, Captain Farrell. I am Captain Gabriel Tynes, Black Talons ought five. By the rights given me as an officer of the Northern Guard and as a representative of the Westphalia Cabinet, I and my team have taken you prisoner.
[19:14] <Thierry> ::Gets to the observation room and sits down next to Joanna:: You ok?
[19:15] <Gabriel> ::instead, starts laying photographs in front of him where he can see them: vidcaps of Buchene and Anala, plus members of Mason's team, all while they were alive and from various sources::
[19:15] <Gabriel> ::indicates the picture of Buchene and Anala from the tobaccoist's surveillance camera:: I think that one is my favorite.
[19:15] <Savant> Intel> ::she shrugs:: +com+ I can give you their ecliptic once they've achieved full orbit, but until that happens we really don't know. They're a bit dispersed.
[19:16] <Joanna> ::doesn't look at Thierry:: Yeah, sure.
[19:16] <Ardelmos> ::quietly stand there, his eyes carefully watching Mason's body language and own eyes::
[19:16] <Gabriel> ::finishes with a picture of Joanna, setting it among the others::
[19:16] <Mem> +com+ Would it be possible to notify my team--myself or my captain--when you have their trajectory?
[19:17] <Thierry> Look, I know this is going to be hard for you to watch. I'm here...and I'll stop it if I have to
[19:17] <Savant> Joanna and Thierry can see the interactions going on in the interrogation room through a one-way mirror, and can hear it through concealed microphones. They also have access to various biometric sensors and an intercom system.
[19:17] <Mem> +com+ ::thinks and grins at her:: Actually, contact me directly.
[19:17] <Savant> Intel> +com+ Of course. We're also going to be giving that information to your command staff on Westphalia once we've gotten it.
[19:18] <Joanna> ::rolls her eyes:: Save your heroism for the battle coming up.
[19:18] <Thierry> ::Flips on the biometric monitors, to make sure his concoction worked::
[19:18] <Savant> Intel> +com+ I'll tell you myself, if you prefer.
[19:18] <Gabriel> ::waits to see if Farrell has any reaction::
[19:18] <Melissa> ::shrugs and quickly makes her way to the barracks. Stashing her bag, she retrieves a strong box and opens it, pulling out the Sfika 9mm pistol. Pulling out two clips from the same box, she loads the dual-barrelled pistol and places it in her side-holster before returning to the lounge, whistling to herself::
[19:18] <Craig> ::shakes his head a bit:: we're basically waiting for captain tynes to decide our next move, go get settled for now and just hang out in the lounge here if you like
[19:19] <Mem> ::nods at the screen:: +com+ I would prefer that, indeed. Also, do you have any kind of projections on when they will achieve orbit?
[19:19] <Thierry> Oh come on Joanna, talk to someone
[19:19] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::both Tynes and Ardelmos can see Mason's eyes flick up to the picture of his sister. Other than that, however, there's really nothing much to read at all. This man would make a killing playing poker.::
[19:19] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: Nobody wants to listen unless it's about the CEF.
[19:19] <Thierry> I do Joanna, I really do
[19:20] <Savant> Intel> +com+ ::runs a well-manicured hand through her hair and blinks a few times - she's been up awhile it seems:: We've got the vanguard of their first fleet in orbit now. They're clearing a path for the main force. Once they arrive we'll know more. A few hours?
[19:20] <Gabriel> ::starts laying pictures of the dead over each of the Morganas they've killed, plus Ash's picture and Anala's picture::
[19:20] <Joanna> ::glances at Thierry:: Save the lines for someone who cares.
[19:21] <Gabriel> ::lays a picture of Joanna in a hospital bed over her picture last of all::
[19:21] <Mem> ::nods again, offering a tired smile of his own:: +com+ Keep up the good work... what was your name?
[19:21] <Melissa> ::flops down on a couch, lounging along as much of it as her small frame would cover:: Rather quiet
[19:21] <Thierry> You're assuming they're lines +Com+ The serum should be doing its thing now sir
[19:21] <Gabriel> ::lays a picture of Ash as he existed a couple of seconds after Joanna pumped a shotgun round into his back, face down and bloody, next to that one::
[19:22] <Savant> Intel> +com+ ::seems a bit caught off-guard by Mem's question, and blinks again:: Michelle Reager. er, Captain.
[19:22] <Gabriel> ::conversationally:: Your disguise was very good. Where did you get it?
[19:22] <Ardelmos> ::smirks slightly as Tynes begins laying down the photos of the dead, but keeps his attention firmly on Mason::
[19:22] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason says nothing - he's still looking at the pictures, but not really looking *at* them, more *through* them::
[19:23] <Mem> +com+ Captain. ::grins:: Well, ma'am, if you can let me know when they reach orbit, we'd all appreciate it. Hope to see on the other side of all of this, captain.
[19:23] <Craig> ::is back sitting on the couch watching the trideo:: yeah, but with this on, can't really be helped
[19:23] <Mem> <<Hope to see you>>
[19:23] <Melissa> ::looks at the display:: That's happening? Right now?
[19:24] <Gabriel> When did you lose track of your sister? On Caprice?
[19:24] <Savant> In the lounge, there's a few more explosions on the screen, and then the whole thing goes dead black. Seconds later it resumes from a new angle, much faster - a fightercraft's nose camera. The Io destroyer is still there, surrounded by drones and fighter. The glow of new stars are behind it as its escort follows along, engaged in their own little wars.
[19:24] <Birkin> ::mutters slightly as he puts the flamethrower back together again and sighs, moving over to the auto shotgun one of the GREL had and began to look it over::
[19:24] <Joanna> ::sighs:: I don't care. Save it for someone else. I'm not interested. ::resumes watching the goings on in the interrogation room::
[19:25] <Melissa> ::leans forward, eyes opened in awe and surprise::
[19:25] <Thierry> ::shakes his head:: You didn't hear what I said to him did you
[19:26] <Craig> ::frowns a sit looks like the norlight ship may have been destroyed::
[19:26] <Joanna> I just heard what you said to me.
[19:26] <Savant> Craig's suspicions ring true as the glowing wreck of the Norlight destroyer crosses through the cameras' field of view while the fighter yaws dramatically.
[19:26] <Melissa> ::blinks a couple of times:: That does not look good
[19:27] <Melissa> Umm...shouldn't we be doing something?
[19:27] <Savant> Intel> +com+ I'm sure i will, Mister Gage. I'll tell you when we come up with something. Intel out.
[19:28] <Mem> ::nods and shuts off the commlink, running a hand through his hair::
[19:28] <Thierry> Fine, I'll drop it. But you're going to have to talk to someone about it before I reccomend to the captain you get put on psych leave
[19:28] <Craig> they were out gunned....::turns to melissa:: i assume we're holding the majority of our forces here for defense, those ships out there were just trying to keep em busy for a bit
[19:29] <Melissa> ::nods, looking a little sad:: All those people...
[19:29] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::doesn't react to the question at all - he's not in a conversational mood apparently::
[19:29] <Ardelmos> ::looks at Tynes::
[19:29] <Joanna> If you don't want to put me on psych leave, tell the others to lay off the "cheeks" bit.
[19:30] <Gabriel> ::pulls a shotgun shell out of his inner pocket and starts flipping it from hand to hand::
[19:30] <Gabriel> ::conversationally:: How long did it take you, after Joanna shot Ash, to realize that she'd switched sides?
[19:30] <Thierry> You really expect me to beleive its just that
[19:30] <Joanna> ::glares at Thierry:: How would you like to be called "Short Wang" all the time?
[19:31] <Ardelmos> ::looks back at Mason::
[19:31] <Thierry> You think I like the name they gave me?
[19:31] <Gabriel> You can't blame her, of course. For you to make a home on a colony, you have to win. She's already made a home on a colony.
[19:32] <Joanna> There's a world of hurt between not liking something and being very offended by it.
[19:32] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::He glances up at Tynes briefly, very briefly. That's all, though - then he's back to his gaze boring through the wall. Directly at Joanna, incidentally. He can't actually see her - just a poor coincidence::
[19:33] <Thierry> ::Changes the subject:: You two get along as kids?
[19:33] <Gabriel> You've been on Terra Nova long enough, of course, to realize that there's far more land here than we can use effectively. Ten million Earthers could emigrate, and the planet wouldn't even blink.
[19:33] <Gabriel> How long did you say you'd been on Terra Nova again?
[19:33] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: As well as you could expect. I'd get into trouble, he'd get me out. Then he went to serve in the NEC and I had to fend for myself.
[19:34] <Gabriel> ::continues passing the shotgun shell from hand to hand::
[19:34] <Savant> The camera view goes white white white, then dead black again. Another camera angle appears, this one quite a bit more distant - the Io and her escort are a cluster of specks. The blue-brown haze of Terra Nova's atmospheric envelope is visible as a vague curve along the bottom of the screen
[19:35] <Thierry> Ah. That explains alot
[19:35] <Birkin> Score one for the good guys at least.
[19:35] <Craig> ::sighs:: well guess thats it for now
[19:35] <Joanna> ::Shrugs:: He was a hero for a while. They made him a Frame pilot. Then sent him off to Caprice. Then some other colony apparently. And then here.
[19:35] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason looks up at Tynes again - tight lipped, but he makes eye contact briefly. Tynes sees something terrible inside those eyes - an almost insane, fanatic fire burns in his eyes. It's impossible to miss::
[19:36] <Gabriel> Have you taken a liking to any of our cities yet? I suspect you're going to be on this planet now for the remainder of the war.
[19:37] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::goes back to staring at the wall::
[19:37] <Joanna> And if you think that explains my mood, it doesn't. I don't like him being tied up in this mess one bit but I swore to defend this planet and like it or not he's on the wrong side.
[19:37] <Melissa> ::sits up and frowns at the display before standing fully up::
[19:38] <Gabriel> ::touches his ear:: Corporal, I'd like a mug of cawfee. ::glances over at Mason:: Cawfee? ::asks Roland the same question::
[19:38] <Gabriel> << +com+ >>
[19:38] <Ardelmos> Please. ::supresses a smirk::
[19:39] <Mem> ::enters the observation room, looking at Joanna and Thierry, then looking at the monitors::
[19:39] <Joanna> +com+ I'll get it and send Thierry in with it.
[19:39] <Thierry> I don't like it either, I'd rather not be fighting myself, but Terra Nova's under attack and I'm going to fight back. And I think he wants you in there
[19:39] <Gabriel> +com+ No, that's all right, Corporal. Please feel free to bring it yourself.
[19:39] <Joanna> He told me not to enter the...
[19:40] <Thierry> ::Looks at the sensors:: Oh I think he really does need you.
[19:40] <Mem> ::grins at Joanna:: Get to, corp'ral.
[19:40] <Joanna> ::sighs:: Someone once told me it was a commander's perogative to change one's mind. I just wish he'd stop doing it every other minute. ::Gets up::
[19:40] <Gabriel> ::glances at Mason:: Sure you don't want any cawfee, Captain? You hadn't told me if you'd developed a taste for it or not.
[19:40] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason doesn't respond - he's stone-cold::
[19:40] <Joanna> ::heads into the lounge, where off to the side a cawfee machine is hard at work brewing a cuppa or two::
[19:41] <Joanna> :Surprisedn the way she glances at the monitor showing the battle above::
[19:42] <Ardelmos> ::unclasps his hands at the small of his back, grasping the hilt of the holstered knife he had there in the event Mason went nuts when Joanna came in the room::
[19:42] <Savant> Melissa and Craig both see the distant destroyer seem to blossom like fireworks as it sends several white-hot streaks down to the planet. Within seconds they're long white streamers. Joanna sees the same thing in the break room near the interrogation chambers.
[19:43] <Melissa> ::blinks:: That...what the...what is it doing?
[19:43] <Craig> ::blinks:: what the?
[19:44] <Birkin> ::blinks staring intently at them::
[19:44] <Savant> Seconds later, the console beside Mem begins beeping urgently. The display continues as more of the white streamers soar down through Terranova's atmosphere.
[19:44] <Joanna> ::frowns at what she sees, as she fills up two cups of cawfee:: Damn. ::she puts the mugs down so she can activate the quiet-comm to Tynes:: Sir, one of the destroyers just opened up an ortillery barrage. ::picks up the mugs and heads to the room::
[19:44] <Mem> ::glances at the display, checking::
[19:44] <Melissa> Senior Ranger...I..um...I think we're being invaded....
[19:45] <Craig> ::stands and moves to mem and the console:: this is the attack isn't it?
[19:45] <Mem> +com+ Captain, incoming attack.
[19:45] <Mem> +com+ Recommend evac.
[19:46] <Joanna> <<Err,
[19:46] <Joanna> <<Err, +com+ Joanna's last line>>
[19:46] <Mem> ::answers the phone::
[19:46] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Lieutenant. I don't think it's quite time to evacuate the largest naval base on Terra Nova just yet, though.
[19:46] <Gabriel> ::waits for Joanna to enter::
[19:47] <Joanna> ::gets the mug handles into one hand and opens the door to the interrogation room::
[19:47] <Melissa> ::glances over at the Senior Ranger:: Say...that doesn't happen to tell you exactly where my tank is, does it?
[19:48] <Savant> Intel> ::It's that Michelle woman again, and she seems a lot more awake. She's apparently talking to a few people at once, and typing furiously at the same time:: +com+ Gage, the Earthers are droping Ortillery. They're over UMF space right now, over Lake Tristan. We're tracking.
[19:48] <Mem> +com+ Zagazig under attack?
[19:48] <Mem> +com+ Wait...Tristan?
[19:48] <Joanna> ::steps inside and hands Tynes his mug, then Roland his::
[19:49] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Freezes as Joanna enters - he meets her eyes and is stunned rigid::
[19:49] <Ardelmos> ::nods his thanks, accepting the mug with his left hand and turning his gaze back to Mason::
[19:49] <Gabriel> ::trades Joanna the mug for the shotgun shell:: You left this in your sawed off, Corporal. Nice shooting, by the way. ::accepts the mug:: And thank you.
[19:49] <Savant> +com+> Lyonesse, the CEF vanguard is bombing Lyonesse. I have to go, Gage. More later. ::and the line is cut::
[19:49] <Thierry> ::Checks the sensors to see if his body reacts::
[19:49] <Joanna> ::blinks a few times, but takes the shotgun shell:: Um... right. ::turns, confused, and leaves::
[19:49] <Gabriel> ::has a look at Mason::
[19:50] <Mem> +com+ Wait. Wait! Tell me-- ::gets cut off and slams the phone down::
[19:50] <Gabriel> Sure you don't want some cawfee, Captain?
[19:51] <Ardelmos> ::blandly:: He can have mine, if he wants, Captain.
[19:51] <Melissa> ::glances around the room:: You know what they are doing, no?
[19:51] <Craig> ::jaw drops as he looks at mem:: isn't lyonesse your hometown?
[19:51] <Mem> <<Mem's not in the room with you>>
[19:51] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason's clenched jaw twitches and he goes red-faced, but he still manages to keep silent - he forcibly fixes his eyes on the wall instead::
[19:51] <Joanna> ::enters the observation room::
[19:52] <Craig> <<ok scratch that then, i thought we were>>
[19:52] <Mem> ::looks around nervously in the observation room, glancing at Joanna, then at the monitor focused on Mason::
[19:52] <Gabriel> ::blandly:: Is that a no?
[19:53] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::It seems to be a no. He doesn't make any comments about the cawfee, in any case.::
[19:53] <Melissa> ::shakes her head:: Northerners...::throws her hands up and begins to look for a map of the base::
[19:53] <Thierry> Welcome back
[19:53] <Savant> Mem's phone rings again. The light on the handset lights up and displays that it is a secure line
[19:54] <Joanna> ::mutters something akin to a "thanks"::
[19:54] <Gabriel> ::pulls out a PDA and -- since Mason doesn't seem to talk -- starts reading off a service record: Joanna's::
[19:54] <Craig> ::turns to melissa:: i'm actually from peace river and sorry i'm just not used to this situation either
[19:54] <Mem> ::hesitates, still staring at Mason, his breathing slowing::
[19:54] <Mem> ::picks up the phone::
[19:54] <Mem> Gage.
[19:54] <Gabriel> ::takes a seeming particular delight in listing the number of hovertanks and other CEF vehicles Joanna has destroyed::
[19:55] <Melissa> ::pauses:: Ah, sorry...your accent threw me. It is hectic, yes. But heroes do not sit on their laurels waiting for the enemy to drop in. Sitting around is not good...cannot act yet...must be something we can do, yes?
[19:55] <Gabriel> ::takes a sip of cawfee, then continues reading::
[19:56] <Ardelmos> ::hasn't taken a sip of his cawfee as of yet, the steam still rising steadily from the mug::
[19:56] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:56] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> ::there's a pause of about two seconds, then Commandant Gotah replies to Mem:: +com+ I was expecting the Captain, Lieutenant. Has he arrived yet?
[19:57] <Mem> +com+ ::quietly, still staring at Mason, swallowing dryly:: He's in interrogation, sir.
[19:58] <Craig> i'm sure we'll have something to do once HQ has asessed the situation
[19:58] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason still doesn't speak, but he's apparently having a harder time containing himself. His frown deepens, and those in the observation lounge can see his stress levels rise dramatically::
[19:59] <Thierry> ::Keeps checking the sensors to gauge Mason's reaction
[19:59] <Gabriel> Your sister is an excellent soldier, Captain. I understand that she had a hard time advancing. I suspect the same won't be the case on Terra Nova.
[19:59] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ ah. ::another two second pause:: I was hoping to get him. I assume you've been watching the goings-on in orbit.
[19:59] <Joanna> ::in the observation room, barks a laugh::
[19:59] <Gabriel> Oh, she's a little stubborn, perhaps... likely the reason that she was treated so badly by your officers. But she and I have come to an understanding, I think.
[19:59] <Melissa> ::rolls her eyes slightly at the expected answer. Suddenly she stops as if an idea had just come to her:: Lifting surfaces...I should put lift surfaces on Bonaparte...replace the gas turbines with proper jet engines...
[19:59] <Mem> +com+ Yes, sir. And I'm in contact with NGIS.
[20:00] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::inhales deeply, and exhales long and slow::
[20:00] <Gabriel> It's a pity you didn't do a better job in her upbringing.
[20:01] <Craig> ::raises a eyebrow:: turn a Hun into a hovertank?
[20:01] <Melissa> ::grins at Craig:: Hovertank? No, no, no. A flying tank!
[20:01] <Thierry> Wow, you have had quite an impact on him. Guess he never thought his sister would betray earth
[20:01] <Gabriel> ::casually, taking another sip:: Perhaps she would have followed your dreams had you not abandoned her.
[20:01] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ Lyonesse has been hit by long-range orbital artillery. We're assessing the damage, but it seems like they're targeting the spaceport and factories.
[20:02] <Craig> ::chuckles:: that would be quite a sight
[20:02] <Joanna> ::says nothing, just fixes a withering stare at Thierry::
[20:02] <Gabriel> ::puts the emphasis on the word "your", making it clear the opposite seems to be true::
[20:02] <Mem> +com+ ::remains silent for a bit, then responds simply:: Yes, sir.
[20:02] <Thierry> I'm sure you had your reasons, I'm sure it would be an interesting discussion.
[20:03] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason's lips part as if he's about to speak, but he keeps his teeth clenched and his mouth twists into a sneer, briefly. Then his features harden once more::
[20:03] <Melissa> ::nods enthusiastically:: Yup, yup
[20:04] <Gabriel> She's likely to be under my command for a while. I'll do my best not to get her killed. Is there any advice you'd like to share, some tidbit from her childhood that would help me motivate her?
[20:04] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ ::another pause:: So far they've kept away from the main residential areas, but they *have* hit the downtown core at least once. Reports are still coming in. Take five minutes to steady yourself, then tell your team.
[20:04] <Mem> +com+ Orders, sir? What do we do?
[20:05] <Melissa> ::pauses for a moment:: Not likely going to have time now to do that...perhaps later? Well, assuming there is time later that is ::grins::
[20:06] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ ::exhales:: I wish I had something more active for you, Lieutenant. There'll be plenty for you to do shortly, once they start landing. Until that time you're better off on standby until we know where to put you. Wherever they're landing, you're the first ones in.
[20:06] <Thierry> +Com+ He's about to pop sir, you almost got him
[20:07] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::his hands clench into fists on the chair - Tynes and Roland can almost see the childhood memories flashing in front of his eyes::
[20:07] <Gabriel> ::goes in for the kill:: Any particular type of Novan you prefer she not marry?
[20:07] <Mem> +com+ We still don't know where they're landing? Sounds like Lyonesse. What about Karaq?
[20:07] <Ardelmos> ::grips a little more tightly on the hilt of the knife::
[20:08] <Thierry> ::Gabe couldn't possibly have heard what he told Mason...no way...::
[20:08] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::growls under his breath:: I don't know what you did to her you slimy novs. That's not my Jo.
[20:09] <Craig> ::grins:: oh there'll be a later, we kicked their ass once before, we're not gonna let them take round two
[20:09] <Gabriel> ::calmly:: Oh come now, Captain. You recognized your own sister. Would you prefer she come in and laugh in your face herself?
[20:09] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ We don't know, and won't know until their landers get closer. For now it's still a space fight. Nothing to do but sit on our hands and wait.
[20:10] <Gabriel> ::now that he's talking, does his best to keep him talking, trusting Thierry's serum to eventually loosen stuff of interest::
[20:10] <Mem> +com+ ... I await your orders, capt-- ::stops himself:: sir.
[20:10] <Mem> +com+ Let me know if ... you hear more from Lyonesse.
[20:11] <Melissa> ::nods:: Yes
[20:11] <Joanna> ::she can't help but feel chagrined over Mason's words... she really isn't the same person she was when he was around::
[20:11] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::he breathes heavy and hard, trying to restrain himself, but apparently he can't help but retort:: I know you colonials are as good with hypnotraining as we are. That's not my Jo.
[20:11] <Gabriel> ::laughs:: Is that what they tell you? I assure you that hypnotraining came as quite a shock to us here on Terra Nova.
[20:12] <Gabriel> Us "damned colonials" are far too independent to put up with such nonsense. We can't do it worth a damn. If we could, we'd be doing it to you. Right now.
[20:12] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ ::chuckles very briefly:: Captain is fine. I like hearing that sometimes. I'll let you know as soon as I do, Lieutenant. Try not to worry too much.
[20:12] <Thierry> ::Looks to Joanna with a curious look, wondering if they HAD done something to her::
[20:13] <Mem> +com+ Thank you, sir. I'll go tell everyone.
[20:13] <Gabriel> I can only assume that your sister is motivated by self-interest, not hypnosis. She has a life here, a place to live, people who care about her. More than she had once you abandoned her.
[20:13] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::grunts:: Don't feed me your bullshit, talon. Your annexed Humanist Alliance is perfectly capable of it. You stuck her in a vat and spat out a monster. That isn't my sister.
[20:14] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ Don't dwell on it too much. But get everyone ready. It could be any time. Westphalia out.
[20:14] <Mem> ::hangs up the phone and stares daggers into the image of Mason on the screen::
[20:15] <Gabriel> ::feigns shock:: Has she been on our planet for that long? ::mocks Mason with his own self-delusion::
[20:15] <Ardelmos> ::smirks and takes a sip from his cawfee:: There weren't any Humanists on Caprice.
[20:16] <Savant> There's a new fight on the screen in the lounge as another wave of fighters begin engaging the approaching CEF destroyers. It doesn't impede their steady descent into the Terranovan gravity well.
[20:16] <Gabriel> ::glances over at Roland:: The Corporal will be pleased to hear we hypno-trained her Gear piloting skills into her, and it took no work on her part at all.
[20:16] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::to Roland:: No shit.
[20:17] <Thierry> ::Looks at Joanna:: They didn't...did they?
[20:17] <Ardelmos> No doubt. Her teacher might take offense though.
[20:17] <Joanna> ::turns her head slowly to stare blankly at Thierry... saying nothing::
[20:18] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::grits his teeth again and returns to silence::
[20:19] <Melissa> ::begins to twiddle her thumbs as she paces around the room::
[20:20] <Craig> ::watches the screen again:: maybe we should be getting our stuff ready...
[20:20] <Thierry> What?
[20:20] <Joanna> You know my secret now. You must be stopped... ::reaches out with her hands, towards Thierry's head::
[20:20] <Gabriel> ::finishes his cawfee:: +com+ Corporal, I could use a refill, if you don't mind.
[20:20] <Joanna> ::and then reaches PAST his head and bapfs him upside the back of his head with a hand::
[20:20] <Joanna> ::mutters:: Idiot. ::turns back to watch the interrogation::
[20:21] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::almost chokes on his retort - he keeps his jaw clenched but spits out at Tynes:: She's not a servant, you arrogant fuck.
[20:21] <Joanna> ::gets up and leaves the observation room, going back to interrogation room... she enters and takes their mugs to refill them::
[20:21] <Melissa> ::looks over at Craig:: Might be an idea
[20:22] <Gabriel> I thought you said she was programmed, Captain. If that's so, what does it matter what I program her to do? She's just like one of your GREL now, isn't she?
[20:23] <Gabriel> Programmed people are things. Parts with serial numbers that you throw away if they brea. Isn't that so?
[20:23] <Gabriel> <<*break>>
[20:23] <Joanna> ::reaches the lounge and again gets a look at the fight overhead... clearly things aren't going too well. She refills the mugs::
[20:23] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> I - you fucking self-righteous, inhumane animals! How could you *do* this?! ::he strains in his chair as if wanting to stand up and choke the life out of Tynes::
[20:24] <Craig> ::turns as joanna walks in for more cawfee:: how's it going in there?
[20:24] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: He's talking. Just not saying anything Tynes will be interested in.
[20:24] <Gabriel> ::digs a little deeper:: You should be proud that we programmed her to be a soldier. We could have hypnotrained her for much more... entertaining options, if what you think is true.
[20:25] <Joanna> ::looks at the monitor on the way out:: In a ways... right now it's probably going better for Terra Nova's navy up there than it is for my brother though. ::leaves the lounge::
[20:26] <Gabriel> Married her off to your friend Roshenko, for instance.
[20:26] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> I wouldn't put it past you, you filthy animals. you're lucky we're still trying to preserve this planet's infrastructure or we'd just bomb every last one of you into the ground and be done with it.
[20:26] <Thierry> ::Keeps an eye on the biosensors:: Well, if we could get to the spilling guts portion of the interrogation
[20:26] <Craig> ::frowns a bit:: it must be hard watching her brother like that...
[20:28] <Mem> ::continues staring at Mason, then blinks::
[20:28] <Melissa> ::shakes her head:: There are more humane ways than what they must be doing to him
[20:28] <Gabriel> ::waits for Joanna to enter::
[20:28] <Joanna> ::enters the interrogation room and hand the mugs out::
[20:29] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason audibly chokes when Joanna enters - it's as if seeing Joanna coming in and serving cawfee was causing him physical pain. It's certainly causing him physical distress, as Thierry can see.::
[20:29] <Gabriel> Thank you, Corporal. ::takes a sip:: Your brother has managed to try to convince himself that we had you hypno-trained in the Humanist Alliance. Why we hypno-trained you to put weapons in your hand, he hasn't quite explained yet.
[20:29] <Gabriel> I'm sure he'll get to that part momentarily, though.
[20:29] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: Is that all?
[20:30] <Craig> ::turns to melissa grinning a bit:: actually the plan captain tynes had for interrogating mason seems to be the most humane form in the history of Oh Five
[20:30] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::looks desperately at Joanna - trying to see if it really is his sister in there after all::
[20:31] <Thierry> Poor man...no man should have to go through this
[20:31] <Ardelmos> ::smirks, wondering at what point Tynes is going to ask Joanna to share a childhood memory just to utterly destroy poor Mason::
[20:31] <Joanna> ::is obviously waiting for Tynes to dismiss her::
[20:31] <Gabriel> ::looks from Farrell to Farrell:: If you're curious, Corporal, he's looking for some hint that you're actually his sister.
[20:31] <Gabriel> Give him one.
[20:31] <Melissa> ::she frowns and her shoulders slump a little:: There are better ways of doing this thing
[20:31] <Joanna> ::confused:: Huh?
[20:32] <Gabriel> ::waves his mug at Mason:: What was he like as a little boy? Scrawny? Tough?
[20:32] <Ardelmos> Something from your childhood together, perhaps?
[20:32] <Mem> ::heads out into the bay and looks from Birkin to Craig to Melissa::
[20:32] <Melissa> ::looks over at Mem::
[20:32] <Mem> Lyonesse has been heavily bombarded. We're on high alert, so get ready and stay ready.
[20:33] <Joanna> ::shrugs:: He used to keep me out of trouble. Especially from that creepy store owner on the corner.
[20:33] <Savant> Mem's phone, the Phone of Bad News, rings again.
[20:33] <Mem> ::answers::
[20:34] <Melissa> ::blinks a little and nods:: Oh...right...yes sir. ::slowly leaves the lounge, making her way to wherever Bonaparte was stashed::
[20:34] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason is visibly shattered - tears well up from his eyes and his jaw sets firmly. He wants to talk - and the drugs are compelling him to - but absolutely no words come out::
[20:34] <Gabriel> Thank you, Corporal. I believe that will be all.
[20:34] <Joanna> ::shoots Tynes a sharp look on her way out::
[20:34] <Savant> Reager> +com+ We've got reports form Lyonesse, Lieutenant. I've got them on channel with you. Looks bad.
[20:35] <Thierry> Bastards beating the serum
[20:35] <Gabriel> ::waits for Joanna to leave and the door to close, then pours some White Sand into the wounds:: You sure you don't want some cawfee, Captain? She makes great cawfee.
[20:35] <Mem> +com+ On channel? What do you mean?
[20:35] <Gabriel> ::even manages to sound appreciative as he takes a sip::
[20:35] <Joanna> ::enters the observation room, but only to pace, not looking at the interrogation::
[20:36] <Savant> Reager> +com+ Channel five, it's yours.
[20:36] <Thierry> ::Turns away from the monitors briefly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[20:36] <Mem> ::tunes into that channel::
[20:37] <Joanna> ::sighs:: It wouldn't make a damned difference. He has information we need to know.
[20:37] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Mason sits stock straight and stares at the mirror, knowing that Joanna lays just beyond it. It's as if he's trying to stare through it at her::
[20:38] <Gabriel> ::tries to read Mason's expression::
[20:38] <Craig> ::leaves the lounge and heads for the observation room::
[20:39] <Thierry> As you wish ::looks back to the monitors::
[20:39] <Savant> Mem gets some images and some text files on his pda. Lyonesse indeed does look crim - a pallid smoke hangs over the city, obscuring view. The familiar city skyline is gone, however - replaced with a much more dessicated and broken view. Estimated 1.8 million casualties, the text file reads.
[20:41] <Savant> Roland and Gabriel can both see that Mason is stunned, and completley broken - some central underpinning motive for his life has just been knocked out from under him.
[20:41] <Mem> ::quietly shuts off the pda and tucks it away, standing there a moment very distant::
[20:41] <Craig> ::walks into the room and looks over at mason through the window::
[20:42] <Savant> Reager> +com+ Gotta go, Gage. More later. ::And the line falls dead::
[20:42] <Mem> ::doesn't hear Reager, lost in thought::
[20:42] <Mem> ::blinks again, glances around the bay, then heads back to the observation room::
[20:42] <Thierry> +Com+ One more shot should do it sir. You broke him
[20:43] <Joanna> ::lets out a short sigh of relief hearing Thierry say that::
[20:44] <Gabriel> ::leans forward:: You know, Captain, it doesn't have to be this way. Your sister is still that -- your sister. You can join her.
[20:44] <Mem> ::glances at the monitors:: +com+ Captain.
[20:44] <Gabriel> ::ignores the call for a moment:: You can have your family back, Captain. ::very slightly emphasizes Mason's rank::
[20:45] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::His voice is clearly desparate:: I won't abandon eleven billion people who need me.
[20:46] <Mem> ::glances at Craig:: Sergeant, go prep the gears for launch.
[20:46] <Gabriel> You're not, Captain. We can help those billions. We owe it to them, and as you say, we've got the infrastructure to do it, and more land than we can possibly utilize. It's your government that's the problem... not your people. Your sister is living proof of that.
[20:46] <Gabriel> ::repeats:: It doesn't have to be this way.
[20:46] <Gabriel> ::gives Mason a minute to think about it:: +com+ Tynes. Go.
[20:46] <Mem> ::to Joanna:: You, too.
[20:47] <Mem> +com+ Lyonesse has been sacked. Gotah has placed on high alert, and we're expected to deploy soon.
[20:47] <Mem> <<placed us>>
[20:47] <Joanna> ::pauses, hearing Tynes speaking -- her estimation of him just went up a few notches with those words:: Um. Right. ::heads out to the bay::
[20:47] <Melissa> ::finds her little Hun and smiles ruefully:: Looks like we are going into action again. ::she climbs up to the driver's hatch and opens it up. Sliding into the familiar seat she begins the pre-start check::
[20:47] <Gabriel> +com+ Any sign of infantry or cavalry, Lieutenant?
[20:47] <Craig> ::looks at mem, then nod:: yessir ::heads out to the bay::
[20:47] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::A bit of anger returns, but it's unsure whether Mason is asking for clarification or just throwing it back in Tynes' face:: What can *you* do to help them? You going to give your planet up for them?
[20:48] <Mem> +com+ Not yet. They're expecting drops within two hours. I'm having Farrell and Craig get our vehicles ready for the fight.
[20:48] <Thierry> ::Mason's words brings an odd look to Thierry's face...was it really that bad on Earth? ::
[20:49] <Joanna> ::arriving in the bay, she gets hard to work in prepping everything to go, using it to keep her mind off her brother::
[20:49] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Lieutenant. Get Pathfinder ready to fly and keep everyone on thirty minutes stand-by. That's all.
[20:49] <Gabriel> ::closes comm and turns back to Mason:: Why do we have to give it up? This place was Earth's crown jewel for colonists seeking a new life before. It can be again. There's tens of millions of unused acres in the North alone, only a handful of city-states. We can easily accomodate tens of millions more, if they come as friends and not conquerors.
[20:50] <Craig> ::follows joanna into the bay, heading for the gears, running checklists on all of them::
[20:50] <Gabriel> We won't be conquered, Captain. Your family is split. The family of humanity is split. Both can be made whole, but it can't be forced.
[20:51] <Mem> ::looks at Thierry:: As soon as you're done here, go get ready. Combat ready within the hour, regardless of how this ::gestures at the monitor:: goes.
[20:51] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::His eyes narrow and he hisses, again trying to stand, straining against the restraints:: We aren't here to build summer homes, Nov. Do you *really* think that your governments would allow a foreign population bigger than yours to just settle down? Do you REALLY think that we didn't consider coming here as friends?
[20:52] <Gabriel> ::smiles slightly:: It would take more ships than exist across the entire Gate Web for your population to overtake ours. Besides, you've seen Port Arthur. It's already happened, Captain.
[20:52] <Mem> ::exits the observation room and stands in the hall for a moment, a fierce look in his eyes he'd probably never had before::
[20:53] <Joanna> ::goes about what she's doing quietly.. she wonders if Mason would ever find it in his ability to put things aside and settle down on TN::
[20:54] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::He raises his voice - first time since he's been brought in here:: You really think that you're going to let a billion Earthers on this planet?! Just roll over and let us come in with three times your numbers? Are you *stupid*?!
[20:54] <Thierry> ::Looks to Mem:: Calm down sir, he's got him
[20:54] <Mem> ::heads to the bay to prep Shepherd and his personal gear, saying nothing, and working faster than he probably had in five years::
[20:54] <Gabriel> And how many centuries would it take for a billion people to come here, Captain? You're a military man. Use your head.
[20:55] <Thierry> ::Quickly tries do do the math himself, for something to do::
[20:55] <Gabriel> Your government is lying to you. Anyone who is not a moron could do the math in a few minutes. They just choose not to.
[20:56] <Gabriel> No, initially, we'd teach you what we've learned about sealed environments. You've seen one of our oasis towers. Imagine one on Earth. Imagine the tens of thousands a single oasis tower could feed there.
[20:56] <Melissa> ::once the list had checked out, she flipped the starter switch and smiled as the twin engines roared to life. After a couple of seconds the turbines settled into a nice throaty purr::
[20:57] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> I've seen the ships! We can't get everyone off, but we WILL save as many as we can. And we can pack this planet to the gills.
[20:57] <Gabriel> We'll nuke this world to the mantle before we let you have it.
[20:58] <Ardelmos> ::idly wonders what the plan is once the planet is packed to the gills, given there'd be no room to breed::
[20:58] <Gabriel> I'll push the button myself.
[20:58] <Thierry> ::As much as Thierry hated to admit it, so would he, though he'd prefer to see some other solution arrived at::
[20:58] <Gabriel> You're fighting an impossible war, Captain. An idiotic war that anyone with more brains than a springer could see is doomed to failure.
[20:58] <Gabriel> ::repeats again:: It doesn't have to be this way.
[21:00] <Gabriel> Your family can be whole again, Captain. It's your choice.
[21:00] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::snorts:: Arrogant, inhuman, self-righteous - ::he chokes on his words again:: You're dead wrong. We've got two fleets coming right down your throat, Novan. Two pods, this time. You barely stopped the first. You won't stop this one.
[21:00] <Gabriel> We don't have to stop them to stop you. Nuked to the mantle. We've got more than enough bombs to do it.
[21:01] <Gabriel> We don't have to win for you to lose.
[21:02] <Thierry> ::Hearing Gabe go on like this really made Thierry shake. They were all human afer all right?::
[21:02] <Gabriel> Besides... ::leans backwards, relaxing:: last time, you had surprise on your side. I think if there's only twice as many tanks, twice as many troops, we'll kick your asses twice as fast. We're ready for you this time.
[21:02] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> Fine. Go to your governments. Tell them to admit two hundred and fifty thousand colonists a season over the next five years, and a million more a season for the century following that.
[21:03] <Mem> ::glances over the others in the vehicle bay, then contacts Pathfinder and gets a status report from them::
[21:03] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> ::looks out from where he is in the vehicle bay - on top of the Whipsnake:: Getting her ready, sir. Twenty minutes?
[21:04] <Joanna> ::has JJ and two of the other gears ready to go::
[21:04] <Gabriel> ::shrugs:: You just exceeded my pay grade, Captain. But at least we've started to negotiate. All that's needed is some haggling.
[21:04] <Mem> ::nods to the newbie:: A-sap, corporal.
[21:04] <Gabriel> In the meantime, I'd like to negotiate with you. I can reunite your family. But you have to decide what's more important to you: your government, or your sister.
[21:04] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::snorts:: I'm not a diplomat. But i can guarantee you, your answer will be no.
[21:05] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::swallows visibly - he's gone a bit pale, actually:: Bring her in here.
[21:05] <Melissa> ::does another diagnostic check of Bonaparte:: Good to go here
[21:05] <Gabriel> In those numbers? Probably. But we can negotiate down to a number you can actually deliver, plus technology transfer for a few hundred oasis towers on Earth.
[21:06] <Savant> Corporal Jeremi Peresalona> You bet, sir.
[21:06] <Gabriel> Cheetahs? Ha. You haven't even tried to look at the finest Novan technology has to offer.
[21:06] <Thierry> Well if I had a voice, and I do, I'd say yes
[21:06] <Gabriel> ::nods:: +com+ Corporal, your brother would like to have a chat with you.
[21:07] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> Your oasis towers are shitholes in comparison to what we can do, Nov. We've lived in far worse conditions for far longer. Added with what Caprice knows, there's not much you can teach us.
[21:07] <Joanna> +com+ ::a beat:: Right. ::gets out of the gear she was working on and heads towards the interrogation room::
[21:07] <Thierry> +Com+ If you'd like someone with some more political clout, I'll come in sir
[21:07] <Gabriel> ::smirks:: Apparently, you haven't been in the Badlands long enough.
[21:07] <Joanna> ::enters the interrogation room::
[21:07] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> Long enough to see a norlight in the mid-day sun.
[21:08] <Craig> ::gets Erinyes, Sheperd and Cerberus checked and ready, moves on to Deacon then Wren before finishing with his own Swifty::
[21:08] <Gabriel> ::chuckles:: I'd be interested to hear what you have to say on the matter. ::stands up:: Corporal, I'll give you some privacy, if you like.
[21:08] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::When Joanna enters, Mason's eyes are locked on the table. He doesn't look up, but instead says in a kind of hollow tone:: You two, get out.
[21:08] <Gabriel> ::glances over his shoulder at Roland:: Senior Sergeant, see to Erinyes and the personal weapons. There's no telling where or how we're going to enter this fight.
[21:09] <Gabriel> Oh, and have a set of heavy armor fabricated for me. I think I've gone into battle wearing light flak for the last time.
[21:09] <Mem> ::watches Joanna leave the bay and frowns::
[21:09] <Ardelmos> ::glances between Tynes and Mason, then nods:: Aye sir. ::turns and exits the interrogation room::
[21:10] <Thierry> ::Was glad he brought his Turtleshell from Toledo, he had a feeling he'd need it.:: +Com to Craig+ Sir, I assume the medgear I ordered was loaded into Wren?
[21:10] <Gabriel> ::glances at Joanna, a question on his face::
[21:10] <Joanna> ::which probably mirrors her own, namely 'why is she here?'::
[21:11] <Craig> ::checks the list for Wren:: +com+ yes it's been stocked
[21:11] <Joanna> ::as in, why is he asking for her:: << Wink >>
[21:11] <Joanna> ::nods:: I'll be fine.
[21:11] <Gabriel> ::nods and leaves the room, locking it behind him, then heads for the observation gallery::
[21:12] <Joanna> ::gets close to Mason, but not close enough that he could attack her or try to get her gun::
[21:12] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::He doesn't say anything for a long time. He's still got tears staining his cheeks and he's shaking slightly out of strain. Finally he asks in a cracking voice:: What happened, Jo?
[21:13] <Ardelmos> ::proceeds to the armoury set aside for the team and starts dragging out the shipping cases for the wide assortment of weaponry they brought with them, pulling sidearms, rifles, heavy weapons....everything, really, off of the racks and placing them in their respective transport containers::
[21:13] <Gabriel> ::reaches the observation gallery, and turns the sound on the monitors down, but leaves them recording, and settles in to just watch body language::
[21:13] <Joanna> We're soldiers, Mason. We're supposed to kill other soldiers. Not civilians who can't fight back. Peace River... shouldn't have happened.
[21:14] <Thierry> ::Looks to Gabe:: I was close to coming in and stopping that sir, so you know
[21:14] <Melissa> ::adjusts a couple of gauges and the engines slowly settle into a quieter idle...still running, but just::
[21:14] <Joanna> We don't have to kill to save those on Earth.
[21:15] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::he swallows:: I know that. You know that. But you know that these novs aren't ever going to let us recolonize. We *have* to fight. You *know* that.
[21:16] <Joanna> Mason, I *have* recolonized. I have a place in New Peace River. And I've been out and seen all the open spaces. It's... like nothing on Earth.
[21:17] <Joanna> The more the CEF fights, the more they're dooming the people they claim to be helping.
[21:17] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> You're useful to them. That's all. You ... hah. You think they'd let us on this planet. ::then a pause:: You don't know about mom yet, do you?
[21:17] <Thierry> ::Looks to gabe with a strained expression:: Can I ask you something sir?
[21:18] <Joanna> ... ::swallows:: What about mom?
[21:18] <Mem> ::checks his pistol, then his other weapons, loading them one by one into the cockpit::
[21:19] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> We did what we promised, Jo. The CEF promised us that mom'd get help if we joined. Well, they did. She's gonna be fine. Atlantis has some amazing pharmaceuticals.
[21:19] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> She looks like she's twenty years younger, Jo. she's fine.
[21:19] <Gabriel> ::reclaims his sidearm from the locker, ejects the magazine, and checks both it and the chamber::
[21:20] <Joanna> ::looks somewhat relieved... it's nice to hear that... but still...:: But how many people had to die to conquer Atlantis?
[21:20] <Craig> ::runs through Swifty's diagnostics and the replaces the standard talon rifle with the R23 he had used at the hospital::
[21:20] <Gabriel> ::replaces the magazine and checks the safety, then holsters it and reloops the holster into place::
[21:21] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::Blinks and looks up at Joanna, stunned yet again. He replies, but not how Joanna expects:: You're afraid of me. I can see it.
[21:21] <Gabriel> ::looks over his shoulder:: Go ahead, doctor.
[21:21] <Thierry> +Com to Craig+ Sorry to bother you again, but I assume my new guns made it in?
[21:21] <Ardelmos> ::puts a requisition order for a heavy flak suit to Tynes' dimensions into the quartermaster queue as he finishes boxing up the weaponry and loading it onto the transfer carts, then heads back to the interrogation room to grab his own guns which Joanna had stored inthere::
[21:22] <Thierry> ::Looks at Gabe:: Did you mean what you said in there, would you really destroy the planet to keep it from the Earthers? I mean, we are all human after all, right?
[21:23] <Joanna> ::looks at him:: I'm afraid, because there's a bunch of CEF ships coming in. I'm afraid for all the people they've killed and are going to kill. And I'm afraid of you, because of what you've become. You're not a hero anymore. You're a heartless killer.
[21:23] <Gabriel> Doctor, my Uncle Charlie taught me everything I know about officering. One of the things he told me again and again was that an officer often has to do things that he doesn't want to do, because they're the right thing to do.
[21:23] <Melissa> ::climbing out of the driver's seat, she moves back to the vehicle bay and does a quick count. Opening another locker in the bay, she pulls out the Sfika 7mm rifle and checks both clips before moving back to the front. Sliding the rifle into place, she slips back into the compartment and closes the hatch::
[21:23] <Craig> ::sighs then hits the com::+com+ yes it's here as well private
[21:23] <Thierry> But is that really the right thing to do?
[21:24] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> ::his eyes narrow and his jaw sets:: And you hear that mom's fine, and all you have to say is ask how the war to get that medicine went. Is she a blood-thirsty killer, too?
[21:24] <Ardelmos> ::opens the door into the observation room and nods at Thierry and Tynes, moving to the locker to grab his holsters::
[21:25] <Gabriel> You tell me, Doctor. You're the badlander. What's the better choice? Death, or unending enslavement?
[21:26] <Gabriel> Would you trade Toledo's Northern harrassers for GREL harrassers and those that would put a camera on you 36 hours a day, monitor your speech, your life, your very thoughts?
[21:26] <Joanna> I'm glad to hear she's fine and I wouldn't wish her dead, but how many people had to die to save her life?
[21:27] <Thierry> I...I don't know. But there has to be another way
[21:27] <Ardelmos> ::glances between Tynes and Thierry as he goes through the same procedure the Captain had just done with his own weaponry after putting his holsters back on::
[21:27] <Savant> Mason Li Farrell> You don't care. They *did* brainwash you. ::he clenches his mouth shut again and looks away from Joanna::
[21:28] <Gabriel> There is, Doctor. Mason in there claims that his sister is programmed, but he's the programmed one. Interstellar invasion is impossible. There is no possible way that the CEF can win.
[21:28] <Joanna> ::Sigh:: I care. Which is why I've done what I could to keep you safe through all of this. I'd hoped you would understand, that things don't have to be this way.
[21:29] <Gabriel> They can do a horrifying amount of damage trying, but conquer a planet hundreds of light years away? ::shakes his head::
[21:30] <Joanna> I guess I was wrong. You're not the hero anymore, just another killer. ::heads towards the door, where she pauses:: I guess this means my brother Mason died on Atlantis.
[21:30] <Savant> Mason has apparently been angered, broken, and devastated into silence yet again. He doesn't acknowledge Joanna's rebuff.
[21:30] <Gabriel> ::looks up as he sees significant movement::
[21:30] <Thierry> And if we beat off this invasion what then? We can't take the fight to Earth and they'll just send another wave. And then another. One world or the other will be destroyed
[21:30] <Thierry> ...or both
[21:30] <Ardelmos> ::grunts:: Earth will collapse under its own weight soon enough.
[21:31] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:31] <Melissa> ::attn::
[21:31] <Joanna> ::attn::
[21:31] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[21:31] <Savant> welll, that was longer than anticipated. I should've suspected it though - man, that guy's a tough nut to crack. Kudos on your tactics, though. Well played.
[21:32] <Gabriel> Thankee sai. Let him stew for a few weeks and we'll come back to him. Keep moving him around.
[21:32] <Thierry> I say let Thierry have another crack at him Razz
[21:32] <Savant> we're nearly at the end of the story arc right now - coming up to the rather obvious looming finale.
[21:33] <Melissa> i can think of faster and easier ways to get the info out of his brain...
[21:33] <Melissa> and you'll have a productive and useful member of society too
[21:33] <Savant> next game will be... fun.
[21:33] <Mem> When are we planning on doing the tactical games?
[21:33] <Thierry> As in the final battle between heaven and hell Razz
[21:33] <Thierry> And dammit I have to be at a party!
[21:33] <Savant> i'm not sure, Brad. Christmas is making things difficult.
[21:34] <Mem> We don't have to do it on a Thursday
[21:34] <Savant> i know that. christmas is still making things bad ^_-
[21:34] <Mem> How?
[21:34] <Craig> can do it on a saturday/sunday either:)
[21:34] <Savant> i'll post a teaser and some other stuff regarding the upcoming weeks.
[21:34] <Savant> how? social functions.
[21:34] <Mem> It's still three weeks away
[21:34] <Joanna> Bah.
[21:35] <Savant> anyways. Let's get youse some experience points and call it a night, huh?
[21:35] <Melissa> i have christmas party for work this weekend
[21:35] <Melissa> most things start happening now in terms of office parties and other social functions
[21:35] <Craig> oh sorry, christmas and new years are a sunday/monday thing this year
[21:36] <Savant> we'll start with a base of 2 experience points. Do you guys think that you accomplished any meaningful objectives or gained any vital information?
[21:36] <Joanna> Hell yes. Smile
[21:36] <Savant> that being?
[21:36] <Craig> aheh
[21:36] <Thierry> Double the pleasure, double the earthers Smile
[21:36] <Gabriel> Yep, though we learned more about Joanna than anything else. Why she fights, why she looks up to her brother and vice versa, and what the two of them care about.
[21:36] <Joanna> We've confirmed the invasion fleet is 2 units. We know Joanna's mother is still alive. Atlantis has got the good shit in drugs.
[21:37] <Joanna> err, 2 fleets, not units
[21:37] <Craig> lol
[21:37] <Gabriel> Eh, nice incidentals. I like my answer better. Wink
[21:37] <Thierry> LEarned something about Thierry too...a couple somethings Smile
[21:37] <Craig> Craig got hugged tonight:)
[21:37] <Joanna> Yeah, we'll see if Tynes' statements really factor into his dealings with her later.
[21:37] <Savant> i'll give you a point for that category, bringing you up to 3. No points for fighting. Do you think you guys co-operated as a team?
[21:38] <Joanna> Well, Joanna certainly functioned well in her role as "Cawfee Mistress"
[21:38] <Joanna> Barrister, mebbe.
[21:38] <Gabriel> Yep, though interrogation sims are tough. We need to stop doing those for a while.
[21:38] <Gabriel> Some nice RP, though.
[21:38] <Savant> yeah. Stop catching people dammit ^_-
[21:38] <Joanna> We did, for a brief period after all Wink
[21:38] <Thierry> Na, we'll do it Dave's way next time Smile
[21:38] <Joanna> People got away or burned themselves to a crisp Wink
[21:39] <Savant> that'll be 4 for co-operating. I'll give you 5 if you can tell me something you learned about your character tonight. OR something your character learned about themselves.
[21:40] <Thierry> 1 each? Smile
[21:40] <Melissa> i'll take the 4 tonight...i'm exhausted and can't think straight at the moment
[21:40] <Joanna> Joanna's seeing the knight in shining armor is really a skunk in rusted metal.
[21:40] <Savant> ok, Melissa.
[21:40] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:40] * Savant shrugs. Joanna should easily see that Mason's been completely brainwashed.
[21:41] <Savant> poor guy needs to be de-programmed ^_-
[21:41] <Thierry> Lets see, Thierry really does have feelings for Joanna and is willing to admit it to her and her brother, he's not a gung-ho kill all the earthers type, um, he's more comforable with big guns
[21:41] <Gabriel> Gabriel's learning just how far his loyalty to Terra Nova as a whole actually goes. He actually thought a little bit about people south of the equator. Wink
[21:41] <Joanna> Joanna also learned her CO is either apparently a REALLY good bullshitter, or he actually does have some measure of respect for her.
[21:41] <Savant> :O
[21:41] <Ardelmos> Roland learned that using GREL bodies as range targets provides a wealth of ballistics related information that gelatin just can't match. Wink
[21:41] <Thierry> I was going to ask about that Col, how would we go about that
[21:41] <Mem> Mem will find a way to exact massive revenge on Earth or Earth forces. It's only a matter of time.
[21:41] <Thierry> Wait, we need Ber right now Smile
[21:41] <Joanna> ...and with that, Roland is kicked off the MythBusters crew Wink
[21:41] <Gabriel> I was actually kinda disappointed that Roland had nothing to say about "nuke to the mantle". Wink
[21:41] <Mem> A bit of a monster may have been unleashed.
[21:42] <Savant> deprogramming? Give him to someone in the Humanist Alliance. They do that stuff.
[21:42] <Thierry> I never got to use that 18 Hypnotism on him Razz
[21:42] <Thierry> Well then, south of the equator we go
[21:42] <Mem> Mem's never had something to link him to the CEF like the older vets have. Now he does, and it's terribly personal.
[21:42] <Savant> he'll be a tough case ^_-
[21:43] <Savant> anyways. Five sounds reasonable.
[21:43] <Thierry> We softened him up Smile
[21:43] <Joanna> 5 is the number.
[21:43] <Savant> somewhat. You had a hook with Joanna, but that seems to be drying up a bit ^_-
[21:43] <Savant> any other questions?
[21:43] <Savant> seems no. Let's go.
[21:43] <Craig> Craig can relate to Mem, hearing about lyonesse is gonna be bringing up memories of the peace river bombing
[21:44] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:00] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:00] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:00] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:00] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:00] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:00] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[18:00] <Ardelmos> ::attn and stuff::
[18:00] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[18:00] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:01] * Mem has joined #BT05
[18:01] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Mem
[18:01] <Savant> Hello and good evening.
[18:01] <Melissa> ::attn::
[18:01] <Savant> I have been told that perhaps I am a little "unstable". Perhaps even a little "crazy"
[18:01] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[18:01] <Melissa> nah...you're pefectly sane
[18:02] <Savant> all that being said, tonight (and perhaps next game) is a birthday present from me to you (and me to me). I'm giving you the chance to beat up as many earthers as you possibly can.
[18:02] <Craig> birthday huh?
[18:02] <Savant> 16'th ^_-
[18:02] <Melissa> happy birthday
[18:02] <Savant> thank you
[18:03] <Savant> anyways. Your maptool is up if you haven't realized so already. 142.59.196.144:10015
[18:03] <Mem> damn Sagittariuses
[18:03] <Savant> and here's a briefing, if you like.
[18:03] <Ardelmos> Sagittarii?
[18:03] <Savant> A Traitor in Our Midst
[18:03] <Savant> 34 Winter TN, 2000h - Afternoon
[18:03] <Savant> En route to NLC-45 Westphalia
[18:03] <Savant> 18 degrees Celcius, 9% humidity
[18:03] <Savant> Things have gone from peaceful to frantic in a matter of hours. What the media is already calling "The Second Earth Invasion" has begun in earnest. Reports from orbit are sporadic as the Terranovans regroup. It's estimated that it will take twelve hours for the Terranovan space resources to retake low orbit.
[18:03] <Savant> This has given the Eighth fleet ample time to conduct a landing,a nd they have done so. The bulky forms of Tarantula landers have filled the skies, dropping hovertanks on various locations on the planet. One of these locations is the landship Westphalia, which is one of the major staging grounds for the Talons.
[18:03] <Savant> Westphalia represents a good percentage of Talon resources, as the majority of Fury launches are conducted from this mobile launch platform. The CEF has begun a full scale assault, and Black Talon 05 is being dropped into the middle of it...
[18:03] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:03] <Birkin> ack
[18:03] <Joanna> ack
[18:04] <Gabriel> ack
[18:04] <Mem> ack
[18:04] <Ardelmos> akc
[18:04] <Savant> and i believe that i'm ready for questions.
[18:04] <Craig> ack
[18:04] <Gabriel> ::raises::
[18:04] <Melissa> ack
[18:06] <Savant> Gabriel
[18:06] <Gabriel> That date right? Last sim took place on the 34th/morning.
[18:06] <Savant> yeah. It's the afternoon of the same day.
[18:06] <Savant> hurry hurry
[18:06] <Joanna> ::Raises::
[18:06] <Savant> Joanna?
[18:06] <Joanna> ::points to #LemOS::
[18:08] <Savant> sorry, was pulled AFK a moment.
[18:08] <Savant> They're all 8th fleet, but otherwise you don't know.
[18:09] <Savant> We shall begin with the Fury coming in low and fast towards the battle. Paradropping in, or are you going to ask your Fury to stop?
[18:09] <Melissa> paradrop Very Happy
[18:09] <Birkin> Can Size 7 Gear's be PAradropped?
[18:09] <Birkin> or do I get to fall gracefully?
[18:09] <Joanna> Can gears w/o paradropability be dropped and not go "SMASH"?
[18:09] <Savant> sure can. I think that the idea of a Talon gear that isn't paradroppable is goofy
[18:09] <Melissa> bah...if a size 10 tank can get an airdroppable kit
[18:09] <Savant> yeah, Boomer's in a kit.
[18:09] <Birkin> alright
[18:10] <Gabriel> First, a question. Anything bad south of the map?
[18:10] <Savant> yes. it's a nasty drop-zone, swarming with hovertanks, Earthers, and who-knows-what-else. Marathon is feeding you telemetry of the drop zone as you arrive.
[18:11] <Savant> and yes, they're all making their way towards the landship fleet.
[18:11] <Birkin> Do we have the TV to call in an Ortillery shot on that drop zone? Wink
[18:11] <Melissa> what Ort? space resources are scattered
[18:11] <Savant> ortillery? no. Space resources have their own problems ^_-
[18:11] <Savant> you do, however, have a whole fleet of landships backing you up. You're looking at about 1/8th of the fleet.
[18:11] <Joanna> That's what they get for keeping them spy satellites busy over Ashanti Wink
[18:12] <Savant> anything further?
[18:12] <Joanna> Just one thing:
[18:13] <Joanna> Joanna'll point out over to comm just before arriving: +com+ Sir... judging by the composition of their force, we're looking at combat groups trained to conduct assault and blitz attacks.
[18:13] <Joanna> That's about all the intel she can give you based on what she's seeing Smile
[18:13] <Joanna> (The comm being to Tynes that is)
[18:14] <Gabriel> Then yeah, first we're gonna make a pass almost directly east of where we are now. Everyone take an SLC or two and we'll see if we get a lucky shot.
[18:14] <Savant> okay. Tynes, you can reply to that as you like
[18:14] <Birkin> can I take 2?
[18:14] <Mem> (Just getting all of the relevant sheets up... one second.)
[18:14] <Gabriel> Pass over the Southern lines that way, maybe find a good place for an ATM or two, then drop us somewhere near the red circle.
[18:15] <Savant> sounds quite reasonable. But let's move this to #LemOS so's we can kick this pig.
[18:15] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:15] <Savant> The Fury is flying in low and fast; the air's making a horrible rumbling outside. The battle looms in the distance - explosions and smoke are visible on the horizon of what would otherwise be a lovely day in the badlands.
[18:16] <Gabriel> ::sits in Deacon with his fire control system slaved to one of the turreted SLCs on Pathfinder::
[18:17] <Ardelmos> ::pops the piece of gum in his mouth, pausing long enough from his review of the incoming battlefield to use his spray bottle to give the plant in the cockpit a squirt:::
[18:17] <Birkin> ::grunts softly, having been unable to get ahold of the Port Oasis Authority, unable to tell if his parents are alright or not, staring out the slaved turrets, awaiting his chance to screw up some Earthers::
[18:17] <Melissa> ::sits anxiously in Bonaparte, waiting and watching the screen::
[18:17] <Mem> ::sits in his gear, recalling some of the recent simulations he'd forced himself through, now thanking himself for the extra practice::
[18:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Aggie, bring us east-northeast over the southern lines. Everyone slave an SLC to your fire control system. Let's do a little strafing and hope for a lucky shot. Jim, PIC, take the bigger guns.
[18:17] <Craig> ::is at a SLC turret, hoping for a good shot::
[18:18] <Savant> The communication lines are overheated - thanks to the UMF Landship Marathon, communication is completely in Terranovan hands. You can see streaks of fire int he sky as something from the CEF camp bombards hard and fast into the Terranovan formation.
[18:18] <Ardelmos> ::clicks his mike with the pop of his gum, slaving into one of the SLCs and wiggling it around a little to get a feel for the responsiveness::
[18:18] <Craig> ::in Swifty with the fire control slaved::
[18:18] <Savant> Aggie> +com+ Yessir. ::twists the controls, and the Fury veers off::
[18:19] <Joanna> ::in JJ, feverently hoping she doesn't accidentally hit a friendly with the SLC::
[18:19] <Savant> Commandant Gotah> +com+ Five, you've got the rear flank. Keep them from crossing into the ships' formations. We're holding off the main advance in the centre.
[18:20] <Gabriel> ::switches frequencies:: +com+ Acknowledged, lead. Going in hot.
[18:20] <Melissa> ::flips a switch and sees the targeting sight of the SLC turn from green to red::
[18:20] <Mem> +com+ All gears show ready for launch, captain.
[18:21] <Ardelmos> +com+ Now this is a fucking target rich environment. ::tracks the SLC he's slaved into onto a Frame::
[18:21] <Savant> The battlefield approaches far more quickly than most suspect. Pathfinder ripples over a series f dunes as individual tanks and Gars become visible and come within range of the Fury's weapons.
[18:22] <Savant> ((Gears, even. Bah!))
[18:23] <Savant> Aggie> +com+ We got company folks. Taff-group, headed our way. Hold tight.
[18:23] <Gabriel> ::swings his turret around, looking for Aggie's fighters::
[18:24] <Melissa> ::mouths the word TAFF silently as she adjusts the turret to look for airborne targets::
[18:25] <Gabriel> +com+ Got 'em, bearing 120. Everyone take a bead on the lead bird.
[18:25] <Craig> ::shifts his aim towards the birds::
[18:25] <Savant> The TAAFs come in hot and fast - as if the ground were frozen beneath them. White-hot streaks of lightning start spitting form the muzzles of the brick-shaped fighter craft.
[18:26] <Birkin> ::swings his turret around:: +com+ Permission to go last sir.
[18:26] <Ardelmos> ::swings the laser around and zeroes in on the lead fighter, resting his finger lightly on the trigger:: +com+ Oh this is gonna be funnnnnnnnn... ::idly hopes the target goes up in flames and plungs down into its own frames::
[18:29] <Ardelmos> ::depresses the trigger lightly, holding the reticule on the vehicle's cockpit::
[18:29] <Mem> ::locks the LSC onto the approaching fighter and fires::
[18:30] <Joanna> ::lets loose with the SLC on the lead bird, but those things are moving at a good clip::
[18:30] <Birkin> ::waits until everyone has rattled the pilot up something fierce, before finally letting his laser fly::
[18:30] <Melissa> ::depresses the trigger as the sights cross over one of the TAAFs::
[18:31] <Gabriel> +com+ Jim, put an ATM on that fighter! Drive it off or kill it!
[18:31] <Craig> ::takes a shot at the TAAF but can already tell it's going wide:: dammit
[18:31] <Savant> The Fury looses a barrage of shots against the incoming fighter craft, which begin to spiral wildly to avoid the attacks. There's just too many guns on the Fury, however. The lead fighter explodes dramatically as its fusion core overloads. The second one begins to spin nose-over-tail and careens into the gorund, making another explosion
[18:32] <Birkin> +com+ Two for one sale. These Earther's are just too generous.
[18:32] <Ardelmos> ::grins through his gum:: +com+ I love the smell of death in the morning.
[18:34] <Joanna> +com+ I'll bet you say that to anyone from out of the system.
[18:35] <Melissa> ::feels the Gs as she's tossed in her seat as the Fury goes into a defensive spin::
[18:35] <Mem> ::behind his closed helmet, his looked quietly and coldly at the battlefield, being generally much more thoughtful than normal, though his thoughts were considerably more negative as welll::
[18:35] <Savant> Agnes sends the Fury into her own abrupt barrel roll just after the shuttle looses off its volley, and just in time - lightning blasts arc just beneath her belly. Everyone inside is spun about as if in a blender
[18:36] <Joanna> ::winces as she holds down her stomach::
[18:36] <Birkin> ::holds on letting out a loud hollar in his cockpit:: Just like the rides back home baby!
[18:36] <Savant> The TAAFs continue on their strafing run, unloading death and destruction on their way northwards.
[18:37] <Gabriel> Let's not do that again.
[18:37] <Ardelmos> Whoaaaaahhhhhhhhh nelly. ::tries to track the SLC on another target as the Fury weaves::
[18:37] <Craig> ::is very happy he made sure to strap himself in before the fight::
[18:37] <Mem> ::feels the increase in pressure and the twisting for a moment, but on the other side of it he seems lost in thought, unphased:: +com+ No damage.
[18:37] <Melissa> ::blinks to bring her eyes back into focus as she tries to track the other TAAFs::
[18:37] <Savant> Aggie> +com+ I think Hunter's gonna kill'em, sir. Want another pass on those frames?
[18:37] <Gabriel> +com+ OK, let's clear an LZ. Three frames. ::selects them in his fire control system and transmits it to the others:: Take 'em out.
[18:38] <Gabriel> +com+ Please, Aggie. Once we've cleared a little LZ, give me a drop pass.
[18:38] <Melissa> ::switches back to ground targets, tracking the frames::
[18:38] <Savant> Aggie> +com+ You got it Cap. ::yanks hard on the controls::
[18:39] <Savant> The Fury pulls its nose up hard, doing a stand midair before barreling down on the Frames from a high altitude. You can hear a howl of delight form the cockpit
[18:40] <Joanna> ::grins upon hearing that sound::
[18:40] <Craig> +com+ having fun up there aggie?
[18:41] <Birkin> ::frowns as he looks over the battle field and the position:: Someone needs to inform that Republican Officer that his positioning would have gotten his men killed had we not intervined...
[18:43] <Ardelmos> ::lets his next shot fall on a frame, but the g-forces of the inverted dive throw his aim off slightly::
[18:43] <Melissa> ::lines up and pulls the trigger as the frame comes into view::
[18:43] <Joanna> ::lets off another shot at a nearby frame when it 'falls' into her sights::
[18:44] <Craig> ::takes another shot as the fury comes in on the frames::
[18:44] <Birkin> ::takes a close aim at the gear hes been designated to kill and lets fly with the hot laser death stuff::
[18:45] <Mem> ::fires the SLC again, though he's mostly preparing for the drop::
[18:46] <Gabriel> ::releases the SLC from slaving, and sets himself, putting one of Deacon's arms across his "chest" to hold his sash in place::
[18:46] <Savant> The Fury spits out more collomated death at the Earthers, incinerating three Battle Frames with little difficulty. The nearby Sidewinder command gear raises a hand towards your vehicle, but is still busy with the situation at hand.
[18:47] <Melissa> ::disengages the slave mode and turns her full attention to being dropped out of a moving vehicle...::
[18:47] <Savant> The Earthers move in at a heated pace, slamming into the commando Gears in the lead of the Southern formation. Battle is joined.
[18:47] <Gabriel> +com+ Aggie, hang back and throw your anti-tanks at anything that looks like it might break through our lines.
[18:48] <Savant> Aggie> +com+ You got it, Cap. I'm keeping the taxi service hot if you need to move, too.
[18:48] <Birkin> ::removes the slave system in his gear and frowns at the package he's been forced to hold:: Man I never did like this kinda manuevering
[18:49] <Craig> ::unplugs swifty from the SLC controls and moves for the launch bay::
[18:49] <Joanna> ::disconnects from the Fury FCS and prepares for the drop::
[18:50] <Melissa> ::rubs her hands together, then readjusts the straps on her harness. Gives the control panel a comforting pat:: It is okay Bonaparte...today you learn how to fall slowly...then we will teach you how to fly
[18:51] <Mem> ::disengages the links between each gear and the Pathfinder:: +com+ Locks and links are off. Gears free.
[18:54] <Savant> The Fury's vehicle bay doors open. The ground seems an awful long ways away.
[18:54] <Joanna> Well, here goes nothing. ::goes first out the door::
[18:54] <Mem> +com+ Doors open.
[18:54] <Ardelmos> ::unslaves from the laser cannon, spitting his gum out onto the floor and snapping his facemask into place as he rolls Erinyes out of the bay, down the ramp, and out into the desert sun:: Yippee kaiiiiiiiay!
[18:55] <Craig> ::looks out the bay a moment before rolling down the ramp and jumping out:: +com+ chute don't fail me now!
[18:55] <Mem> ::follows the other gears down the track and into the air::
[18:55] <Melissa> ::eyes wide open, grinning as she's tossed back into her seat as the Recon Hun slides out of the vehicle bay and into free fall::
[18:55] <Birkin> ::jumps out of the Fury bay, activating his kit at the right time and falling gracefully down to the ground::
[18:57] <Gabriel> ::rolls off the ramp behind Birkin, setting off his chute almost immediately, then drawing his sidearm::
[18:57] <Gabriel> ::sees Roland fire and follows that shot with a shot of his own::
[18:57] <Ardelmos> ::takes aim with the Bazooka and lets rip at the first frame he sees, sending the shell rippling down towards the head of the vehicle::
[18:57] <Craig> ::has the chute open as the right time, slowing his descent, looking on at the battleground::
[18:58] <Mem> ::his chute automatically deploys at the appropriate altitude, and he revs his engines as he descends, maneuvering just slightly::
[18:58] <Birkin> ::sees everyone elses actions and draws up with his MAAC and lets a round fly::
[18:59] <Birkin> <<scratch that I dont have two actions>>
[18:59] <Birkin> <<or not>>
[18:59] <Joanna> ::For someone who is used to driving a brick... she falls pretty good::
[19:00] <Ardelmos> ::bares his teeth inside his helmet as the round explodes when the proximity timer goes off, showering the frame's AGM missile box with shrapnel::
[19:00] <Gabriel> ::watches the tightly-packed ball of energy follow Roland's bazooka shell down::
[19:01] <Birkin> ::grunts slightly as he sees his shots hit the hulking remains of a Frame after the Captain gave it one good::
[19:01] <Mem> ::checks his sensors for inbound missiles, and checks to make sure the landship's ECM is still up::
[19:01] <Craig> ::lands quite softly and starts running along side the rest of the team, with MAC at the ready::
[19:01] <Gabriel> ::smiles tightly as the Frame's cockpit explodes, then holsters his sidearm::
[19:02] <Melissa> ::as the Hun slipped off of the ramp, she pressed another button and a large hover drone popped off the back of the Hun, zipping out ahead before the tank started it's descent::
[19:03] <Ardelmos> ::as the gear that Tynes' shot explodes in a tower of shrapnel, he takes aim at the gear beside it just as his parachute deploys, sending a second round rocketing down behind Joanna's rockets::
[19:03] <Savant> A barrage comes out from the Talons as they sail through the sky, impacting into the hard desert pavement - a few lights go off in a few gears, but any damage is minimal. They've neatly stopped the beginnings of an Earther flanking maneuver on the southern forces.
[19:03] <Joanna> ::watches her rockets miss, but hopes it makes for merry hell for the pilot dodging them::
[19:04] <Savant> The Frames, however, are far from ready to give up. One waves iwith a hand signal disgustingly reminiscent of a War of the Alliance signal to the hovertanks further behind.
[19:04] <Gabriel> ::locks up the waving frame::
[19:05] <Mem> ::revs his engines as he hits the ground, accelerating::
[19:05] <Melissa> ::brings the main cannon up and eyes a frame::
[19:05] <Ardelmos> ::revs his engine and gets his wheels spinning as the ground approaches, taking a tighter grip on his controls:: Bring it on, you sons of bitches.
[19:06] <Gabriel> ::lands Deacon with a crash, checks his Revisionist sash, then prepares to get moving west::
[19:06] <Savant> They seem to be bringing it on, in waves. A score of hovertanks ripple over the ridge to the sotuh, with massive dust clouds beneath. Hot white streaks rain down overhead on both sides as the opposing camps attempt to flatten one another at range.
[19:07] <Craig> ::takes a shot at the closest frame, hoping for a hit::
[19:08] <Melissa> ::squeezes the trigger, feeling the familiar shudder as the big cannon roared to life::
[19:09] <Savant> The beleagured Battle Frame can barely stand Craig's assault - the autocannon rounds actually spin the Frame *into* Melissas's round, which tears it to pieces.
[19:09] <Melissa> ::the shell from the upgraded cannon tore cleanly through the front plate of the frame, detonating only as it passed into the engine compartment::
[19:09] <Craig> ::watches the frame get ripped to shreds:: +com+ booyah, nice shooting melissa!
[19:10] <Gabriel> +com+ Talons, move out. Erinyes, JJ, Shepherd, Swifty, south. Bonaparte, Cerberus, follow me. We'll flank west. Let the Mambas finish off the frames. Shift fire to the tanks.
[19:10] <Melissa> ::grins::
[19:10] <Melissa> +com+ understood
[19:10] <Birkin> +com+ Right behind you Captain. ::shifts to land mode and begins to move::
[19:10] <Ardelmos> +com+ One hovertank, coming up.
[19:11] <Mem> ::banks left, forming up on Erinyes::
[19:11] <Melissa> ::gives the fire control console a big grin:: Good, good. Now, we just have to do that more often, yes?
[19:12] <Craig> +com+ roger that captain ::swings around to head south::
[19:13] <Joanna> +com+ Rog.
[19:16] <Gabriel> ::ties his sensor feed to JJ and Erinyes, then fires up his tactical computer and starts entering CEF movement, letting Deacon pilot himself west for the moment::
[19:16] <Savant> Mem is struck by something he hasn't experienced in a long time - complete and total electronic superiority, and he doesn't have to do anything to maintain it. Marathon is pouring out so many electrons into the air it's likely that you'd all get cancer if you got too close.
[19:17] * Birkin has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[19:17] <Savant> Sidewinder> +com+ Thank goodness you showed up! We've got a lot more coming, and if we can hold out the Republic is sending us help!
[19:18] <Ardelmos> ::rolls south, brushing past the smoldering wreckage that was the frame Melissa's fire destroyed; his passage kicks up some of the smaller pieces of shrapnel::
[19:18] * Prescot has joined #BT05
[19:18] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Prescot
[19:18] * Prescot is now known as Birkin
[19:19] <Gabriel> +com+ Understood, Southern lead. I am Deacon, leading Talon ought-five. Say your regiment and callsign.
[19:19] <Gabriel> ::just for grins, starts entering the southern Gears into his tactical computer as well::
[19:20] <Savant> Sidewinder+> 43rd Port Oasis; this is Wyvern.
[19:22] <Savant> The Frame that Roland seems to be racing towards takes a shot at him, somewhat panicked - it goes wide.
[19:22] <Ardelmos> ::lifts the bazooka slightly at the Frame just as it fires, spooking it:: Rookie.
[19:23] <Gabriel> +com+ Understood, Wyvern. If you'll provide screen for our heavier elements, we'll flank 'em for you. Head west.
[19:23] <Savant> Wyvern> +com+ Understood. ::The Sidewinder gestures to his team::
[19:23] <Craig> ::comes up behind roland and runs a bead on the nearest tank:: you can't expect to drop in without pissing someone off earther
[19:23] <Gabriel> ::allllmost says, "We'll watch your banks" but isn't quite sure how the notoriously glass-backed Mamba pilots would take that::
[19:24] <Joanna> ::rolls south to cover Roland's flank, bringing up her MAC on the closest hovertank::
[19:24] <Craig> ::presses the trigger and lets the lead fly::
[19:25] <Savant> Craig and Joanna's shots rattle off of the hovertak's thick hide, or miss entirely - they're fast, damn fast.
[19:26] <Joanna> ::wasn't expecting to hit the tank, just rattle their bones::
[19:30] <Mem> ::moves up behind Roland and fires two rifles shots, one at each tank::
[19:30] <Gabriel> ::levels the lonnnnng gun on the lead tank and lets fly::
[19:30] <Gabriel> ::then gets rolling west::
[19:30] <Savant> Mem's shots go wide on the first, but the second one is hit square int he driver's compartment - the tank lurches sympathetically, likely as the Minerva inside reels
[19:31] <Ardelmos> ::patiently holds his fire on the hovertanks in front of him as potshots blast against their armor -- one of Mem's actually penetrating -- he continued to steady his aim as they approached, the hovertank almost filling the reticule::
[19:31] <Mem> ::spares no feeling even for his typical smirk, looking determined and cold behind his visor, and staying quiet::
[19:33] <Savant> Gabriel's shot slams into nearly the same area of the tank, and tears into it's front right quarter, blasting through the underside. The tank sags, having a hard time maintaining lift.
[19:33] <Craig> ::watches as mem and gabriel take a few shots, grinning as they do some good damage::
[19:34] <Melissa> ::reads the display and grins as the hovertank lurches:: See, Bonaparte...the flaw of not being on the ground.
[19:34] <Gabriel> +com+ Erinyes, Cerberus, that lead tank is burning. Someone double up on he and his wingman.
[19:35] <Mem> ::begins looking for his next target--victim even--and feels a heat flow through him as he accelerates more::
[19:35] <Birkin> +com+ Yes sir.
[19:36] <Ardelmos> +com+ On it. ::fires, sending a shell down upon the lead tank while using the recoil to adjust his aim onto the second -- but his torso is still facing the original target, so he quickly flips a switch and lets loose with a ripple of rockets::
[19:36] <Gabriel> ::guns his engine a bit to get behind the Mamba screen::
[19:38] <Savant> The bazookas splash over the tank's armored hides, but the rockets find better purchase. Their ballistic arcs slam home into the turret of the tank, setting off secondary explosions as the missiles go off like fireworks into the air.
[19:42] <Birkin> ::drops back and over for a second before he lets loose with two rockets straight at the damaged tanks::
[19:43] <Savant> The rockets soar skywards into the plume of smoke that is trailing fromt he burning tank. One slams into the northmost tank, which rocks and detonates as its hydrogen fuel catches. The second one shudders and bounces off of the ground as it speeds along
[19:44] <Birkin> ::spies that one of those filthy Earthers lived and lets it eat another rocket:: Die you peice of Earther shit!
[19:44] <Savant> Birkin's retort, and his rocket, slam into the tank, turning the sensor dome by the turret into scrap.
[19:46] <Birkin> +com+ Forgotten how resiliant these whores of Earth really are.
[19:47] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:47] <Savant> The two type 2-07 Frames slip eastwards, scattering shots into Craig and Joanna. Their companions soon follow suit.
[19:48] <Joanna> ::fakes right and jukes left::
[19:48] <Gabriel> +com+ Get behind the screen, Cerberus. Wyvern, the large friendly Cobra to your east is Cerberus. Concentrate your screen there if you can.
[19:51] <Savant> One of hte Type 6-16's is zooming straight for Craig, bringing up his rifle at the same time - Craig is caught completely unawares...
[19:51] <Ardelmos> ::as one of the frames rushes by him to get to Craig and Joanna behind him, he reaches back and snaps out his vibrorapier, letting the vehicle impale itself on the point of his sword and then snap itself open as he locked it akimbo, splitting open like a can of sardines::
[19:52] <Craig> ::dodges the shots of the first frame but turns just to see another comming in fast:: holy......
[19:52] <Savant> The Frame splits open wide and careens - it slams INTO Craig instead of shooting at him.
[19:52] <Ardelmos> ::spins the vibrapier around and locks it back into place, the entire draw, attack, and resheath coming in one motion::
[19:52] <Joanna> ::then kicks around slightly, the shot just missing her, and letting her see Roland's great demonstration of disemboweling a frame... and then what happens when a gear gets run over::
[19:53] <Gabriel> ::spins Deacon's head around:: +com+ Swifty, say your status.
[19:53] <Craig> ::gets knocked back by the wreck, does some checking:: +com+ i'm still here....
[19:53] <Savant> The hovertanks aren't about to take this lying down either. Their turrets traverse to face the Talons while their Frames put up a screen...
[19:53] <Joanna> ::watching the movement:: +com+ Hovers are breaking east to flank us
[19:54] <Gabriel> +com+ Mind the remaining tanks, swinging east.
[19:55] <Craig> ::gets his bearings just in time to dodge a shot from one of the remaining hovertanks::
[19:56] <Gabriel> ::watches that last ank:: +com+ Tank leader swinging in, JJ, Swifty... evade... NOW!
[19:57] <Joanna> +com+ ::as she dodges another shot, and then ANOTHER:: I'll swing around behind them, maybe we can pincer them...
[19:58] <Craig> ::attempts to dodge again::
[19:58] <Savant> The Tanks swing around hard, scoring the desert with lightning. The southernmost Gears are hard pressed to keep away form the arcing shots as they dig furrows into the gravel.
[20:01] <Joanna> :Surprisedf course, maybe she shoudl have kept her mouth shut and concentrated on piloting::
[20:03] <Joanna> ::and of course, she pays for it right smartly too... and the red "idiot lights" start to light up::
[20:03] <Savant> The hovertanks continue their advance, driving down into the Terranovan formation. Artillery rains down hard upon the Landship formation. The radios are alive with reports of some sort of monstrous tanks that the CEF is using as mobile command platforms downfield.
[20:03] <Melissa> ::winces as she sees the cascading lightning effect on Joanna's vehicle::
[20:04] <Gabriel> ::watches, grimacing:: +com+ You still with us, JJ?
[20:05] <Joanna> +com+ ::a beat as her radio recovers:: Yeah... ::looks down at the slagged remains of the MAC, which she lets go of:: Down to rockets though.
[20:05] <Gabriel> ::nods, considering:: +com+ Fall back to second squad.
[20:06] <Melissa> ::lines up the barrel of her cannon on the limping Hovertank and squeezes the trigger::
[20:06] <Joanna> +com+ Rog. ::glances south:: More hovers out heading 200, coming in hard.
[20:06] <Savant> The hovertank doesn't veer out of the way - the Hun's field gun cores the tank, which flips end over end before slamming into the ground upside-down
[20:07] <Ardelmos> +com+ Confirm that. Octet, double chevron.
[20:07] <Savant> Wyvern> ::makes a slicing motion with the hand of his Gear, and the MAmbas surge forwards into the opening flank of the Earther attack...
[20:08] <Melissa> ::nods as the hovertank expands into a ball of flame and scrap metal::
[20:09] <Mem> ::notes the "inbound enemy" as his visual display flashes the eight incoming tanks and their bearing, then returns his focus to the tanks remaining in front of him, still hovering behind the flames of two destroyed frames::
[20:09] <Savant> The Mambas begin to pour fire into the tanks and frames before the Sidewinder releases a swarm of rockets upon them. One tank simply can't take it, the other one is burning but still fighting.
[20:10] <Gabriel> ::watches the tactical computer for a bit, then decides:: +com+ Let's wrap this group up fast. First squad, flank them west. Second squad, let's get behind the ridge southeast before the second hovertank group gets here.
[20:12] <Gabriel> +com+ Nice shooting, Wyvern group. Recommend you follow my first squad west.
[20:12] <Mem> ::spots the frames to his left:: +com+ Three frames, 135.
[20:13] <Savant> Wyvern> +com+ Understood, Talon Five. We'll give them cover.
[20:14] <Mem> ::states evenly:: +com+ New contacts, south-southeast. Inbound fighters.
[20:15] <Joanna> ::down to her backup weapons, she shifts into high gear, lining up the rockets for a pass-by on one of the frames:
[20:16] <Savant> Mem's communications board lights up with a call from Marathon herself.
[20:16] <Mem> +com+ Shepherd, go.
[20:16] <Savant> Sergeant O'Sullivan Kassandra> +com+ Talon Five, this is Marathon. We have a free artillery profile at your disposal.
[20:16] <Gabriel> +com+ Cerberus, better warm up that AA gun. I think we're gonna need it. Follow me southeast.
[20:17] <Mem> +com+ Understood, Marathon. ::switches:: Captain, we have artillery. Name your target.
[20:18] <Melissa> ::swivels her turret to track the targets coming in::
[20:18] <Savant> Just as the line closes, MArathon gushes out artillery rockets while Hunter's longer-ranged guns pour fire into the distant CEF firebase. Marathon's missiles turn the valley below into a haze of smoke and flames.
[20:21] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Lieutenant. I suspect I'll have one shortly.
[20:23] <Craig> ::comes up close to the frames and presses the trigger on his MAC, spraying bullets along all three::
[20:24] <Savant> Craig's shots hit home, sending the Frames scattering agian. They're still fighting as a unit, but not nearly as well as they would be had they only been facing the southerners.
[20:25] <Craig> ::watches sparks fly off 2 of the frames noting some damage was done:: +com+ i got them reeling, finish the job guys!
[20:25] <Gabriel> ::smirks as the tactical computer starts heating up Deacon's cockpit, and opens the vents to clear the heat, not having to worry about his stealthy profile here::
[20:26] <Mem> ::opens fire on the frames to his left, then continues west as ordered::
[20:29] <Mem> ::does finally grin when his second shot causes a massive explosion, but it is a very mean expression::
[20:31] <Joanna> ::at speed, curves around the frames, coming up from behind and walking her fire into all three frames in the area::
[20:32] <Gabriel> ::watches as first squad follows his orders, then swings southeast toward the ridge::
[20:33] <Savant> Joanna's attacks rain fire down into the Frames, who weren't expecting her to launch herself forward like that. They're caught unprepared - one fatally so
[20:36] <Mem> ::finally smirks as he bears west:: +com+ C'mon, plantman, I've already got two.
[20:37] <Gabriel> ::is caught unprepared as Childs disobeys orders and heads west:: +com+ Bonaparte, say your intentions.
[20:39] <Joanna> +com+ Splash one... ::amused by that::
[20:40] <Ardelmos> ::swing to the east, rippling off a series of incendiary rockets at the frame in that direction while bearing down on the tank::
[20:41] <Melissa> ::fires another round at the tank, only to see it richocett off the armored hull::
[20:41] <Gabriel> ::transmits his intentions to the NNets in both squads::
[20:42] <Savant> The Frame is lit up, coated liberally in burning napalm. Clearly whoever's inside is starting to sweat a little as the Frame starts swerving left and right
[20:42] <Ardelmos> ::brings up the bazooka and skids along the ground as he trainsthe weapon onto the weak point where the turret meets the chassis, depressing the trigger smoothly as his lips part back in a toothy, menacing grin::
[20:42] <Melissa> +com+ Um...a slight malfunction in the nav computer sir...all is fixed now
[20:43] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged, Bonaparte. Glad to have you back. ::chuckles::
[20:44] <Ardelmos> ::watches as the round slams into and wedges directly underneath the barrell of the hovertank's HPA -- for a moment, he feared the round was a dud -- until it exploded and sent the turret blasting out of its cradle, 30 feet into the air and pinwheeling like a fan::
[20:47] <Gabriel> +com+ Hovertanks incoming. All elements, stay sharp. ::zooms in on the turrets, looking for who they're targeting::
[20:48] <Savant> Just as the Talons finish off the first wave of Earthers, the next one shows up in force. Tehy slam into the Southern lines with tremendous force, casting missiles and shots about them as they go
[20:49] <Gabriel> ::is soon busy directing Wyvern group out of immediate harm as best he can::
[20:50] <Mem> ::looks from behind the line of Southern gears as the tanks advance to them quickly:: +com+ Here they come.
[20:51] <Melissa> ::watches the advancing HTs with a mixture of awe and horror::
[20:51] <Gabriel> ::spares about a tenth of a second over the irony of leading troops from Port Oasis of all places, then goes back to trying to keeping them alive::
[20:51] <Craig> ::catches the sight of 2 HT's aiming his way in time to avoid their shots:: +com+ taking a little heat here guys
[20:52] <Melissa> +com+ hold in there...please
[20:53] <Gabriel> ::winces as a couple of Mambas are destroyed, then locks in sensors to see if any of their MACs survive::
[20:53] <Savant> Wyvern group isn't doing so hot - they're completely unprepared for the impact of four unblemished, modern hovertanks. The Sidewinder and his point-man vapourize in an electric shower, and the Mamba just behind them is half torn apart under the blasts
[20:54] <Savant> Then, there is a terrible screaming sound overhead as a group of definately-not-aerodynamic craft rip through the desert sky
[20:55] <Melissa> ::shakes her head in disbelief as the Southern Gears get ripped apart by the lightning blasts of the HPAs::
[20:55] <Gabriel> +com+ Fighters coming in! JJ, come about!
[20:57] <Gabriel> ::spots a MAC from one of the Mambas nearby and guns toward it::
[20:57] <Joanna> ::shoves the controls hard over and kinda half-spins in a hail of loose dirt and rocks::
[20:57] <Savant> The Taffs loose a slough of small basketball-sized objects, which begin spinning as they descend - jets of gas gush out of the side, as the Gears' heat sensors can clearly see. Just as the bombs come streaking into the ground there's a spark and everything is engulfed in fire
[20:58] <Craig> ::sidesteps some bomb blasts as some TAAFs make a run::
[20:58] <Melissa> ::tries to avoid the majority of the bombing run, but being in a tank was a little harder::
[21:03] <Joanna> ::watches as friendly fire takes out one of the CEF's frames... and is not surprised. That's how calloused they had all gotten...::
[21:03] <Melissa> ::looking at the damage readouts, she clapped seeing the HEAT armor and other defensive mechanisms had prevented any damage from getting through to Bonaparte's internals. A new coat of paint would be needed, but that was ok::
[21:03] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::gets Cerberus moving toward the ridge, gunning his engine::
[21:04] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::opens up on the lead HTs, not really expecting to hit anything::
[21:04] <Mem> ::dodges the core of each blast, his armor withstanding the heat from the attack::
[21:04] <Savant> Birkin's attacks sound into the hovertank formation, but they seem to ignore the shots - they waggle left then right, and the rockets hit sand
[21:05] <Savant> Birkin's attacks sound into the hovertank formation, but they seem to ignore the shots - they waggle left then right, and the shells hit sand
[21:06] <Gabriel> ::gets Deacon going after Birkin, scooping up the dead Mamba's MAC, then looses a semi-wild shot at the closest HT::
[21:07] <Savant> The hovertank lets Gabriels' shots ripple off of it's heavy armour plating as it tries to drive a spike through the Terranovan line
[21:09] <Gabriel> +com+ Wyvern squad, form up east. Stay with us.
[21:10] <Savant> Wyvern> +com+ Understood! ::clearly, the pilot's stressed out. Likely from the hovertanks overtaking him::
[21:11] <Savant> The Terranovans fight back with all their worth, advancing into the approaching tanks. Their attacks are rebuffed for the most part - though a lucky Jager pilot puts a shot squarely into one of the hovertanks' control veiners.
[21:12] <Gabriel> ::blanches as the Jagers go right into the teeth of the hovertanks:: +com+ Jager lead, say regiment and callsign.
[21:13] <Savant> Jager> +com+ ::briskly:: 43rd Port Oasis, Yellowjackets!
[21:14] <Gabriel> +com+ Brave as hell, driving into the teeth of Earther tanks, Yellowjackets, but recommend you come east and join our screen.
[21:14] <Savant> Yellowjackets> +com+ Understood, Talon Five. We'll cover Wyvern and go east.
[21:14] <Mem> +com+ New contacts. Due south, east side of the ridge, captain, heading north.
[21:15] <Gabriel> +com+ Understood, Shepherd. Keep an eye on them, but for now, we've contacts aplenty right on top of us.
[21:15] <Gabriel> ::looks at his left hand:: +com+ JJ, I've collected a new rifle for you. Hook up with me and I'll transfer it.
[21:16] <Mem> +com+ They'll be on top of your sieging position shortly.
[21:17] <Savant> In the valley, the battle is joined. Weaponsfire soon echoes off of the dunes even form this distance, and the racing forms are backlit with fire and concealed by smoke. It's a brutal, ugly war which recalls the worst moments of the War of the Alliance - and it's nothing like the trideos.
[21:17] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[21:17] <Gabriel> +com+ Thank you, Lieutenant. Given the choice of eight 72s in my lap in 30 seconds, or an equal number of 68s in a minute or 90 seconds, I'll deal with the more immediate threat.
[21:17] <Gabriel> ::tries not to sound too testy::
[21:17] <Ardelmos> ::attn::
[21:17] <Gabriel> ::attn::
[21:17] <Savant> ::shuffles that up one or two::
[21:17] <Melissa> ::attn::
[21:18] <Savant> so! How did you enjoy part one of the season finale?
[21:18] <Joanna> ::attn::
[21:19] <Gabriel> Way fun. Smile
[21:19] <Ardelmos> That's a big map.
[21:19] <Melissa> enjoying it, yes
[21:19] <Savant> it's a very big map.
[21:19] <Craig> ::attn::
[21:19] <Joanna> Maptool slooooooow handling this Wink
[21:19] <Savant> was gonna be bigger. I originally wanted to do this Fleet scale, and you'd get to see the whole thing.
[21:19] <Craig> i hate season cliffhangers:)
[21:19] <Savant> that being said, i'm not *that* crazy
[21:20] <Savant> comments and questions?
[21:20] <Joanna> ::raises::
[21:20] <Savant> Joanna?
[21:20] <Joanna> When we have characters die, can we get some sort of guarantee that the replacement character's death will NOT be in the exact same manner as a previous one's run by the player? ;D
[21:20] <Joanna> I swear for a minute there I was going to have another Kayla on my hands ;D
[21:21] <Craig> lol
[21:21] <Joanna> But yes, loving it all the same Smile
[21:21] <Savant> nope. Talk with Shawn on that. Three characters, all killed in personal combat with genetically engineered soldiers.
[21:21] <Melissa> or seriously mangled
[21:21] <Mem> lol.
[21:21] <Savant> that too ^_-
[21:21] <Savant> so, who would like some experience points?
[21:22] <Joanna> I hear talk of bouncing on helmets too.
[21:22] <Ardelmos> Whee XP
[21:22] <Mem> So Shawn has a past-life association with "Purple Death"... that'd actually lead well into Roland's character. Wink
[21:22] <Joanna> Heh. I would... as soon as I affirm my count of just how many XP I've blown today Very Happy
[21:22] <Ardelmos> 'well'
[21:22] <Savant> that was Marathon, not the Talons. But yes, one of Marathon's gunners got beaned in the forehead by a carriage when he pulled the trigger. Bad engineering. Baaad.
[21:22] <Savant> anyways. Experience.
[21:22] <Gabriel> XP FTW.
[21:23] <Savant> I'll start with a base of 2, as usual. Do you guys think that you executed a vital plan, or got a vital piece of information today?
[21:23] <Mem> Not nearly enough carnage.
[21:23] <Gabriel> We're thinning out the GRELs something fierce, I think. Wink
[21:23] <Savant> ::will remember to level the HRT's at MEm next game::
[21:23] <Mem> Or significance to the carnage. I want to kill their generals. Wink
[21:24] <Gabriel> 12 kills. Not terrible at all.
[21:24] <Joanna> Sure you did. You got a nice briefing on CEF Frame designs from Joanna Wink
[21:24] <Mem> We're the heroes
[21:24] <Mem> Let's be heroic
[21:24] <Ardelmos> 12 kills in 14 seconds. Wink
[21:24] <Savant> i don't think either of them is vital to the story. But it's certainly fun ^_^ And i agree with Mem. Now's the time to be heroes.
[21:24] <Melissa> this is a large scale battle...the generals are up in space
[21:24] <Melissa> heroics are in order though
[21:24] <Savant> now for the fun bit. You guys were in a combat encounter, yes?
[21:24] <Melissa> nah
[21:24] <Mem> no.
[21:24] <Mem> Wink
[21:24] <Melissa> a skirmish
[21:25] <Joanna> I think so Smile
[21:25] <Savant> three for that. I'm going to give you 2 more xp, since these guys aren't pushovers ^_-
[21:25] <Gabriel> Mother! Of! All! Battles!
[21:25] <Gabriel> </Saddam>
[21:25] <Savant> five in total.
[21:25] <Savant> work well as a team?
[21:25] <Joanna> <IIM>Battle? There was no battle here today.
[21:25] <Melissa> i think so
[21:25] <Savant> i think you did okay in that respect.
[21:25] <Gabriel> Yup yup. And let me say how pleased I was that everyone paid attention, shot at the right things, moved to the right places.
[21:25] <Craig> worked very well as a team, how else did we get those 12 kills:P
[21:26] <Savant> I agree, you did well, all of you. That's six, then.
[21:26] <Savant> I'll award you an extra one for "danger pay"
[21:26] <Savant> seven
[21:27] <Savant> you'll get eight if you can tell me something you'd like to see in the next story arc.
[21:27] <Mem> boobs.
[21:27] <Ardelmos> Boobs
[21:27] <Joanna> Birkin's still!
[21:27] <Gabriel> Is the next arc on Terra Nova?
[21:27] <Joanna> (After I set it on fire for vengeance against him!)
[21:27] <Savant> ::glances at Melissa and Joanna::
[21:27] <Savant> likely no.
[21:27] <Craig> lol
[21:27] <Melissa> hmm...
[21:27] <Savant> You'll be going off planet. Still requesting to go to Utopia?
[21:28] <Gabriel> I'm thinking it's probably too early to go to Utopia. I have no idea how we'd get there in '44.
[21:28] <Mem> Caprice first, eh? Visit Junkman, and see some Gommoran boobs.
[21:28] <Savant> Caprice, then.
[21:28] <Gabriel> So, Caprice is good, but I'd like space battles. Lots and lots of space battles.
[21:28] <Savant> okay. Sounds fun to me
[21:28] <Melissa> space battles? eep
[21:28] <Gabriel> We need to do some actual harm to the Eighth Fleet, so everyone work on your Zero-G skills.
[21:28] <Mem> Are the Third Edition Character Perks/Flaws the same as BT05?
[21:28] <Craig> i'd like to see more of this high quality gaming:)
[21:28] <Mem> er...wtf
[21:28] <Mem> same as 2E?
[21:28] <Savant> yeah, Mem
[21:28] <Savant> pretty damn close at least.
[21:28] <Gabriel> We've got a couple of Whipsnakes, Vampyre. Melissa can ride in the back seat of one.
[21:29] <Joanna> Space battles. ::winces as he knows something the others don't::
[21:29] <Gabriel> Which reminds me. Don't go anywhere for a few.
[21:29] <Melissa> ah, okay
[21:29] <Mem> k. I'm going to see about getting some new ones.
[21:29] <Savant> Boobs, huh? Gommorah's a good place to start looking for that i guess
[21:29] <Mem> And also talk to you about training points... talked about them before, but the two weeks we skipped could've been used for that.
[21:29] * Ardelmos is now known as Fraser
[21:30] <Savant> sure can. We can chat about htat during the week.
[21:30] <Melissa> not sure what else i would like to see
[21:30] <Savant> no one else with any input?
[21:30] <Melissa> i just joined up so i have to get into the flow of things first
[21:30] <Mem> Say "Roland's grusome death"
[21:31] <Savant> Now Spell: Roland's Gruesome Death.
[21:31] <Fraser> It's a GvE spell.
[21:31] <Joanna> ::wonders when Savant turned into a Speak'n'Spell::
[21:31] <Mem> quick, type if for a free point, Dave.
[21:31] <Fraser> It summons Roland from this plane, and he kills everything for you. Wink
[21:31] <Joanna> I'm just up for more adventure like this and such Very HappyC
[21:31] <Savant> okay. I'm going to give 8 experience points, and 9 to Jester for giving an actual, useful, real suggestion for the next arc ^_-
[21:31] <Melissa> -blink- what
[21:31] <Gabriel> Heh.
[21:32] <Mem> ... what, "Visit Junkman" wasn't real?
[21:32] <Melissa> the what is to Joanna
[21:32] <Mem> lol.
[21:32] <Savant> oh! missed that
[21:32] <Savant> Sure, you can have 9, MEm.
[21:32] <Mem> Very Happy Very Happy~
[21:32] <Fraser> Boobs are real. Mem's always trying to get Roland with a woman.
[21:32] <Mem> Yes. And he will succeed.
[21:32] <Mem> Roland's getting laid.
[21:32] <Joanna> And I was busy checking my ED usage tonight. Smile
[21:32] <Craig> lol
[21:32] <Gabriel> +5 PFD (Special), +1 PSY (ED), +1 GearGunnery (ED), +1 PER (XP), +1 Leadership (XP), rest in the bank
[21:33] <Mem> It's on the top of Mem's list, well under "Destroy Earth."
[21:33] <Savant> sounds good, Gabriel.
[21:33] <Craig> i used 2 ED tonight, cool
[21:33] <Savant> anyways.
[21:33] <Mem> "Destroy Earth and wreak fiery vengeance for the attack on Lyonesse" is #1.
[21:33] <Mem> #2 is "Get Roland laid."
[21:33] <Savant> there you go. Tune in next week for the thrilling conclusion ^_-
[21:33] <Gabriel> Craig, you overspent by 3. Farrell, by 7. Vampyre, by 1.
[21:33] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Savant



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Rangstadt, Allied Europe, Earth, NEC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[18:15] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:15] * Savant sets mode: +m
[18:15] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:15] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:15] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:15] * Scotty has joined #BT05
[18:15] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Scotty
[18:15] * Scotty is now known as Craig
[18:15] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:15] <Savant> feel free to keep tacticizing. I just want to see who's here ^_-
[18:15] <Thierry> ::Attn::
[18:15] <Craig> ::attn::
[18:15] <Joanna> Present and quite nutty!
[18:16] <Savant> Now, I count a significant lack of players. So people will have to pull double duty if we're going to do this.
[18:17] <Thierry> Joy!
[18:17] <Mem> We're missing Ross, Fraser, Dave?
[18:17] <Savant> We need someone controlling Tynes, Roland, and Melissa.
[18:17] <Mem> Oy.
[18:17] <Savant> technically McC could be joining us today. But I think he's celebrating his freedom or something like that
[18:18] <Savant> if you want we can wait another few minutes to see if Fraser will show up.
[18:18] <Thierry> I'll take Tynes
[18:18] <Joanna> ::votes for the delay::
[18:18] <Craig> i think he said something about it being january when he'll be able to join in
[18:18] <Savant> i have a vote for the delay. Anyone opposed?
[18:18] <Mem> No. Let's wait a bit.
[18:19] <Craig> i'll wait too
[18:19] <Savant> no opposition. You have 15 minutes to figure out what to do
[18:19] <Mem> I want to figure out what we're doing, too.
[18:19] <Savant> feel free to doodle on the map if it helps ^_-
[18:20] <Joanna> Well, that didn't take long.
[18:30] * LrdVampyre has joined #BT05
[18:30] * ChanServ sets mode: +o LrdVampyre
[18:30] <Mem> Heya Dave.
[18:32] <Joanna> Norm! er, I mean, Dave!
[18:36] <Savant> now we hve two players missing: Fraser and Jester. Are you content with moving forward like that, having someone else sub in to control those characters?
[18:36] <LrdVampyre> where are they?
[18:36] * LrdVampyre is now known as Melissa
[18:36] <Savant> Jester said he'd be about 90 minutes late. Fraser... no idea
[18:37] <Savant> Thierry's volunteered to take Tynes. Anyone willing to take Roland?
[18:37] <Savant> or are we still in a holding pattern?
[18:37] <Melissa> i probably should just take care of myself this week
[18:38] <Savant> okay
[18:38] <Mem> No, because we're gonna lose Jake soon.
[18:39] <Thierry> And to be quite honest, looking at the number of tokens on the map, I don't think I'll be hanging around the whole fight
[18:40] <Savant> think of most of the tokens as scenery
[18:40] <Savant> scenery that shoots back ^_-
[18:40] <Melissa> you don't need to worry about all the tokens...
[18:41] <Thierry> Yeah,still, I can't pull a midnighter tonight
[18:46] <Savant> -=-------- Attention --------=-
[18:46] * Savant changes topic to '-=- The Black Talons -=- Defending Terra Nova from imperialist aggression, almost every Thursday at 2000 EST. A Traitor in Our Midst in Session'
[18:46] <Birkin> ::attn::
[18:46] <Mem> ::attn::
[18:46] <Thierry> ::attn::
[18:46] <Joanna> ::attn::
[18:46] <Savant> a bit late, but better that than never ^_-
[18:46] <Craig> ::attn::\
[18:47] <Savant> again, as I said last week: I want this fight to be more narrative than anything. You're defending your leaders and the ideology you believe in against a cruel and malicious attack from an extrasolar dictatorship bent on enslaving you.
[18:47] <Savant> let's work on that angle
[18:47] * Fraser has joined #BT05
[18:47] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fraser
[18:47] <Savant> again, as I said last week: I want this fight to be more narrative than anything. You're defending your leaders and the ideology you believe in against a cruel and malicious attack from an extrasolar dictatorship bent on enslaving you.
[18:47] <Savant> let's work on that angle
[18:48] <Savant> for Fras ^_-
[18:48] <Savant> here's a rebrief.
[18:48] <Savant> A Traitor in Our Midst
[18:48] <Savant> 34 Winter TN, 2000h - Afternoon
[18:48] <Savant> En route to NLC-45 Westphalia
[18:48] <Savant> 18 degrees Celcius, 9% humidity
[18:48] <Savant> Things have gone from peaceful to frantic in a matter of hours. What the media is already calling "The Second Earth Invasion" has begun in earnest. Reports from orbit are sporadic as the Terranovans regroup. It's estimated that it will take twelve hours for the Terranovan space resources to retake low orbit.
[18:48] <Savant> This has given the Eighth fleet ample time to conduct a landing,a nd they have done so. The bulky forms of Tarantula landers have filled the skies, dropping hovertanks on various locations on the planet. One of these locations is the landship Westphalia, which is one of the major staging grounds for the Talons.
[18:48] <Savant> Westphalia represents a good percentage of Talon resources, as the majority of Fury launches are conducted from this mobile launch platform. The CEF has begun a full scale assault, and Black Talon 05 is being dropped into the middle of it...
[18:48] <Savant> Please Acknowledge after reading.
[18:48] <Joanna> step on a crACK break your mother's bACK
[18:48] <Thierry> Ack ::yawns::
[18:48] <Craig> ack
[18:48] <Fraser> ack
[18:48] <Mem> ack
[18:49] <Birkin> ack
[18:49] <Savant> questions?
[18:49] <Thierry> Yes, but I think you're going to asnwer it without me asking Smile
[18:50] <Savant> can't quite answer the question that i don't know ^_-
[18:51] <Thierry> Well two really then. 1) What do you mean by "more narritive" exactly? 2) When does Theirry get to the ground and able to start shooting stuff Smile
[18:51] <Savant> Thierry is going to be paradropping in before the first turn starts. I'll want a PFD roll from you when it happens. For now, slide your counter on over to the side of the map. You'll be dropped in by a friendly aircraft on a bombing run.
[18:52] <Thierry> Um...great, edie off the bat!
[18:52] * Savant grins
[18:52] <Savant> you can spend up to 5 on that roll if you want.
[18:52] <Savant> anyways. Let's get started.
[18:52] <Savant> -=-------- Game Start --------=-
[18:53] <Fraser> +com+ Pour it on those fucking Seventy-Twos and get Westphalia to nuke that approach path!
[18:53] <Fraser> <<bah>>
[18:53] * Fraser is now known as Ardelmos
[18:53] <Mem> +com+ Here they come. South-southeast, move.
[18:53] <Savant> The noise is tremendous, even beneath the steel plating of your Gears and the rumble of their engines. The distant artillery is raining down into the valley, and black smoke and fire creates a false sunset.
[18:54] <Thierry> ::Takes deep breaths in Wren's Cockpit, anxious as all hell:: Prophet guide me
[18:54] <Savant> The hovertanks, meanwhile, reace forward on a cushion of dust and wind towards the faltering Southern lines.
[18:54] <Craig> ::brings swifty around to face the tanks coming in::+com+ lets give em hell!
[18:55] <Savant> Almost simultaneously, the ground in front of the Hovertanks begins to erupt in craters as shells scream down fromt he sky. They aren't being fired from the hovertanks themselves, but from artillery distant in the rear field.
[18:56] <Mem> ::glances at his sensors as he goes to top speed and tries to get out of the way of the oncoming tanks::
[18:56] <Ardelmos> ::starts pulling his controls the right, swooping in towards the flank of the hovertank formation, jinking to avoid the turret from the hovertank he just destroyed as it finishes its aerial pinwheeling and plows into the desert floor in a shower of rock, sand, and metal::
[18:57] <Joanna> ::keeps careful reign on her trigger, knowing she needs to make her shots count::
[18:57] <Mem> +com+ Dammit, the TAAFs are heading in again from the north. Watch your backs.
[18:57] <Savant> The crashing artillery shells keep pace in front of the Hovertanks, staying about a hundred meters ahead of the tanks as they advance
[18:57] <Joanna> ::fortunately she's already pulled a good bit off to the flank of the battle::
[18:58] <Melissa> ::scanned the tac display in front of her then scanned the area ahead of her::
[18:59] <Savant> Nalda Peresalona> ::statickey, but definately present:: +com+ Talon five, this is the Peresalona Air Service. We have some deliveries to make in your region so thought we'd bring your friend along.
[18:59] <Mem> +com+ Engage the hovertanks from the east. Let's do it.
[18:59] <Craig> +com+ roger that
[18:59] <Joanna> +com+ Already there, I'm waitin' on you.
[18:59] <Savant> Olim Peresalona> ::to Thierry:: +com+ You ready, Toledo? Only gonna have a second warning before we drop you, so hold on!
[19:00] <Thierry> ::Takes one last breath: +Com+ Just do it
[19:01] <Savant> Thierry's Dark Jaguar, Wren, is clamped legs-down beneath a fat, cargo-version of Peresalona's Gull gunship. There's a brief pause as the aircraft soar up high into the sky overtop of the battlefield, and then Wren is free-falling
[19:01] <Mem> +com+ Peresalona, you have TAAFs on your tail. Get out of here.
[19:02] <Savant> Nalda Peresalona> ::laughs, as if it's not nearly as big a concern as Mem makes it out to be:: +com+ Roger, Lieutenant. We've got some cargo to drop off first.
[19:03] <Thierry> ::Feels the jerk as he's pulled out of the hold and breathes hard and nervously as he falls to the ground::
[19:03] <Joanna> +com+ Stay out of the front of the tanks, CEF artillery will be 'plowing the road' for them.
[19:04] <Thierry> +Com+ Good day gentlemen. Sorry I'm late
[19:04] <Mem> ::looks up and over his shoulder and watches the tiny black box of a Jaguar fall out of the back of one of the planes::
[19:09] <Birkin> +com+ someone inform the Yellowjackets and the Wyvern's to follow us, taking walking shots across as many of the tanks as possible!
[19:09] <Mem> ::fires two rifle shots through the heavy smoke at the closest two tanks::
[19:09] <Joanna> ::sprays rockets at the two closest tanks, more to just force them to "keep their heads down"::
[19:10] <Thierry> ::Cocks his autocannon and bears down on the closest tank::
[19:10] <Savant> The tanks are impervious to Mem's attacks, moving far too fast to be concerned
[19:10] <Mem> ::doesn't count on much happening, and accelerates to a blisteringly fast pace to the east, getting out of their way::
[19:15] <Ardelmos> ::swings almost directly into the flank of the hovertank formation as it screams past him towards the north, opening up with the MIRP over his gear's 'head' and rippling incendiary rockets down upon four of the hovertanks::
[19:15] <Thierry> ::Pulls off a burst walking across the first two tanks, grinning wide in his helmet:: For Lyonesse!
[19:15] <Savant> Thierry's opening shots are far more effective. A lucky shell snaps in between the two hatch plates of the driver's compartment, and the Minerva inside is rendered into a fine paste. The tank spirals out of control and crashes into an outcropping of rock
[19:17] <Thierry> ::Smirks almost evilly as he sees the tank crash:: +Com+ and who says doctors can't fight
[19:20] <Melissa> ::watches as the tank goes out of control and cheers::
[19:22] <Savant> Rolands' rockets ripple off, and in a matter of moments the four tanks are very much on fire. They're leaving a trail of napalm behind them, as if they were about to travel back through time. They're certainly going fast enough.
[19:26] <Savant> Meanwhile, overhead Peresalona delivers on their promise to ... deliver. They scream down low to the ground and begin spraying a bloody path along the ground with their anti-air gruns, while the two trailing, fatter gunships begin delivering their "packages" - bombarding the Earthers with high explosives.
[19:28] <Savant> The landships are no slouches either. The field guns on the smaller Franklin-class escort landships begin to make their retorts, and Hunter herself swerves above the desert sands to face the enemy. Rockets ripple into the air and the massive artillery cannons begin to sound through the valley
[19:32] <Ardelmos> ::as his rockets explode across the top of several of the hovertanks, he brings up his bazooka and fires another shell into the rear of the rightmost remaining hovertank::
[19:36] <Savant> Roland and Tynes lay into the tanks, and soon the leading hovertank is scrolling left and right erratically - and predictably
[19:36] <Mem> Tynes> ::lets loose a wide volley of rockets, paving the way for Birkin and Melissa behind him::
[19:39] <Mem> Tynes> +com+ Mambas, burn em down. Now!
[19:39] <Thierry> ::Releases a long sigh into the com, the last bit of tension leaving his body::
[19:40] <Savant> ::The Mambas respond quickly - they were already on the run and preparing to fire; Tynes just gave them an extra push. Both charged forwards and to the left, spraying with their autocannons as they went
[19:41] <Mem> rofl
[19:41] <Mem> <<mt>>
[19:43] <Savant> The leading hovertank suffers - badly - from the asault. It's now entirely unable to turn, and can't even surge forward with the speed it was once capable of. Oh, and it's on fire.
[19:45] <Birkin> +com+ YellowJackets! This is Cerberus from Black Talon zero 5, formerly of the 87th Port Oasis. Walk your fire across the two undamaged Earther tanks near the lead. Give them something to dodge!
[19:47] <Savant> Jager> +com+ ::in French:: Good to hear a republican voice! We've got'em sir!
[19:47] <Savant> The Jagers do similar to what the Mambas had done, slipping sideways as the tanks approach. They aren't nearly as effective - their shells ring off of the tanks' metal hides.
[19:50] <Birkin> +com+ Catch you Earther bastards!!! ::lays into them all with his attacks::
[19:52] <Savant> The closest hovertank dies. Cataclysmically. Those behind it follow suit, though less apocalyptically as the death of the foremost.
[19:53] * Birkin is now known as Prescot
[19:56] <Savant> The tanks, for their part, take their destruction in stride. They're GREL after all, inured to death and war. The hovertanks continue sailing northwards at a hurried clip. Their turrets swiveling to deal with the nearby annoyances...
[19:56] <Joanna> +com+ Good shooting, keep up the pressure, but watch for artillery in front of them...
[19:59] <Mem> +com+ Marathon, this is Talon 5. Some downrange targets for you very shortly. ::links up with the hunter-killer drone and Bonaparte to feed the coordinates when this is done::
[20:00] <Savant> A hail of artillery fire barrages down upon the ground in front of the tanks, shaking the Southern vehicles tremendously. When the tanks sweep past, there's little they can do to defend themselves.
[20:00] <Savant> Sergeant O'Sullivan Kassandra> +com+ Understood, Talon Five.
[20:05] <Savant> The four TAAFs afield swerve harshly. They fly nothing at all like the Peresalonans - where the Gulls are swooping and deft, TAAFs are just raw power. They forcibly spin and make chase against the lighter aircraft
[20:05] <Craig> ::moves to see if he can thin the tank line out some more and opens up with the MAC::
[20:08] * Jester has joined #bt05
[20:08] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Jester
[20:08] * Jester is now known as Gabriel
[20:11] <Melissa> ::swivels the turret to track the lead tank, firing off the cannon, trying to keep it in the sights::
[20:13] <Melissa> ::swings the the turret and lights up another tank with the laser cannon::
[20:14] <Savant> The Hun's shots sound true, both of them connecting. Neither hovertank goes down, but both recoil from the heavy blasts.
[20:14] <Thierry> ::Blinks for a second as the laser cannon lights up
[20:16] <Melissa> ::giggles a bit as she slams the throttle forward, sending Bonaparte forward into the fray::
[20:19] <Savant> Marathon finally sends out a report from her missile silos as Talon 05's drone finds a target. Artillery missiles streak directly overhead before coming pouring down into the distant valley nearby, shrouding the artillery tanks in smoke and fire
[20:21] <Savant> Meanwhile, the main CEF formation in your region begins to deal death out into the Terranovan lines, and it isn't pretty.
[20:22] <Mem> +com+ New sensor contacts. Fourteen inbound south-southeast. No ID yet.
[20:22] <Mem> ::looks south past the incoming HRTs::
[20:22] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged. Stay on target.
[20:23] <Mem> ::passes his sensor information on to Marathon silently, coming back around to form up with the others again::
[20:26] <Savant> The Earthers over-run the first skirmisher screen that the Terranovans have put up and begin plowing into the heavier one behind
[20:27] <Mem> +com+ New info on that group. Eight frames, four HPC, two command cars.
[20:28] <Mem> +com+ Coming in at full speed.
[20:28] <Thierry> +Com+ Bring them on
[20:31] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowledged. Stay on the tanks.
[20:36] <Savant> The tanks, for their part, swerve away fromt he little flank that the Talons have set up - instead they seem intent on helping open up the center of the battlefield
[20:37] <Gabriel> ::watches the tanks flee:: +com+ Stay on the new contacts. I'll see if I can take out some cripples. For the moment, our job is to break up CEF momentum.
[20:37] <Joanna> +com+ Rog.
[20:37] <Thierry> +Com+ Yessir
[20:37] <Ardelmos> +com+ That new wave is shifting inwards; we're gonna lose the flank when we engage....
[20:38] <Gabriel> ::sets a Black Mamba MAC on the sand:: +com+ Corporal Farrell, rifle for you, right here.
[20:38] <Gabriel> +com+ Acknowlege. Everyone shift west. We break up the momentum of the new contacts.
[20:38] <Joanna> +com+ ::double clicks on the com a new affirmative as she blasts a path on wheels::
[20:39] <Gabriel> ::guns his engine and takes off after the cripples, lining them up under his rocket pack sensor::
[20:42] <Gabriel> ::opens fire on the cripples, trying to line them up before they can get too far away::
[20:43] <Savant> Unfortunately, they're too fast and Gabriel's unable to do more than pepper the ground behind them with rockets
[20:46] <Joanna> ::motors up to where Tynes left the MAC... it's a close call as it nearly drops out of her hands, but she manages to recover the MAC::
[20:46] <Melissa> ::moves forward to fire at the cc coming up::
[20:48] <Savant> Melissa's shots hit sand; she can't traverse the turret fast enough to keep up with the speeding car
[20:48] <Melissa> ::the cannon roars to life, firing off two shells at the small nimble car::
[20:49] <Savant> Melissa's shots hit sand; she can't traverse the turret fast enough to keep up with the speeding car
[20:51] * Thierry has quit IRC (Quit: )
[20:51] <Ardelmos> ::glances at his tactical readout and grimaces slightly -- he was more south than the others, but there were a large number of southern gears with him:: Alright boys, here's how we do it... ::jams his throttle forward and rockets in towards the new formation::
[20:53] <Joanna> ::watches Roland streak off south and winces:: Damn fool's going to get himself killed...
[20:57] <Mem> ::speeds south back to the line like a hot shot, picking up the radiation from the command car::
[20:57] <Gabriel> ::watches Roland:: That isn't west...
[20:58] <Savant> The fight in the valley continues in earnest. The Earthers press on into the Terranovan lines, and while the Gears and their allies are starting to ablate the tanks. The sight of the speeding Frames is unsettling the Terranovan pilots, who've never seen them before.
[21:00] <Craig> ::faces and moves up towards the new group and sprays projectiles across the front of 2 tanks and the command car::
[21:01] <Gabriel> Thierry> ::shifts west-southwest with the others and fires off a few MAC rounds at the command car and Craig's tanks::
[21:01] <Savant> Craig's shots find no purchase on the Earth tanks
[21:01] <Mem> ::speeds west, catching up with the rest of the group, eyeing the command car and his missile status::
[21:03] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::also follows the others, firing his MAAC at extremely long range::
[21:03] <Savant> The Peresalonans are now deeply involved in their own little war, and their fight takes them well away from the Talons' battlefield
[21:04] <Ardelmos> ::brings up his bazooka as he closes in, seeing the spatter of bullets smashing into the ground and into the earther vehicles as he aims down the reticule at the command car::
[21:05] <Savant> Birkin and Thierry both begin to herd the Command CAr, along with a few of the leading elements, into the path of the Talons' most dangerous weapons::
[21:05] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::continues firing, hoping to draw fire from Roland::
[21:09] <Ardelmos> ::as a series of antennae and panels shatter off of the hovertank to his right, he depresses the bazooka trigger and sends a shell rocketing in towards the command car::
[21:10] <Savant> The command car is too fragile to survive anything more than incidental fire - and a bazooka is anything but. It disintegrates under the attack
[21:10] <Ardelmos> ::lets the recoil of the weapon guide it in on the nearest hovertank to him, and fires a second time even as the command car explodes into a million pieces of flaming wreckage::
[21:12] <Savant> The tank takes the shot much better - it shudders but otherwise seems fine.
[21:12] <Ardelmos> ::manages to get a third shot off as the formation continues to whizz by him, his second shot slamming into a movement fin::
[21:13] <Mem> ::watches the target drop off of his IW panel and frowns, but looks south as the small unit pushes towards them, the command car exploding::
[21:14] <Savant> the follow-up shot is far more useful; the shell impacts close to the bottom of the tank and the resulting explosion sucks all of the air out from underneath one side. The tank flips into a barrell roll, crashign into the ground and going careening into the rocks
[21:15] <Mem> +com+ Command group three klicks south and moving in fast. Artillery group two klicks and right in front of them.
[21:18] <Joanna> +com+ If they don't want artillery raining down on the landships, they'd better send some that way and fast.
[21:21] * Melissa is now known as LrdVampyre
[21:21] * LrdVampyre has quit IRC (Quit: Careful of what you wish for...you just might get it)
[21:23] <Gabriel> +com+ Marathon, be advised large group of light vehicles, previous coordinates, being supported by eight artillery platforms.
[21:23] <Mem> +com+ And they're in range.
[21:23] <Gabriel> +com+ Stay on target, Talon 05. We deal with the tanks first.
[21:23] <Ardelmos> +com+ On it. ::continues roaring in on the flank of the hovertanks formation, more or less ignoring the frames for now::
[21:24] <Savant> Sergeant O'Sullivan Kassandra> +com+ Understood, Talon Five. Hunter will deal with them.
[21:24] <Joanna> +com+ All due respect, both formations include tanks. West or east?
[21:24] <Mem> +com+ West.
[21:25] <Gabriel> +com+ Indeed, Corporal. West. Most immediate threat first. They're gonna try to turn our flank and head northwest themselves, likely. We need to slow them down.
[21:26] <Gabriel> ::rolls south to join the main skirmishing line and get a look at the remaining tanks and their frames himself::
[21:29] <Mem> ::shifts down, but revvs the engine to keep speed, and levels his rifle at the easternmost frames, firing shots::
[21:30] <Savant> The Frames are moving too fast. Mem nearly cores a hit on one of them, but it reflects off of the things armour
[21:31] <Ardelmos> ::backs off on the throttle a little bit and cuts one of the two lead hovertanks off, crouching down on the the SMS movement treads and then launching his gear into the air with the aim of coming down on the vehicle::
[21:33] <Ardelmos> ::lands heavily on the tank, the vehicle struggling to remain aloft for a moment as it almost bottoms out -- as it comes back out, he takes bead on the hovertank directly across from him and fires off a round::
[21:36] <Savant> The shell splashes across the Hovertanks glacis, twisting some of the thruting jets found there
[21:37] <Gabriel> ::whispers to himself, radio off:: He's insane. ::louder, radio still off:: He's insane!
[21:38] <Mem> ::watches, just grinning, wishing he had the vehicle to pull that off, as anxious to rip into one of those tanks as Roland was::
[21:38] <Craig> ::watching roland do his thing::+com+ and here i thought Junkman was the only one nuts enough to do that...
[21:40] <Ardelmos> ::goes to kneeling position on the hovertank and pulls out his vibroblade again, cutting around the hatch::
[21:41] <Mem> +com+ He's just doing his yearly pruning and weeding.
[21:41] <Ardelmos> ::replaces the vibrorapier back on its storage hardpoint and reaches down into the piloting cockpit, grabbing the torso of the Minevera there, tearing it out -- minus half its body -- and disposing of it over his shoulder as if it were a weed::
[21:42] <Gabriel> +com+ Cut the chatter, Talon 05! Senior Sergeant, you're insane! Clear that vehicle soonest, or those frames are going to rip you apart!
[21:46] <Savant> The tank begins spinning erratically as soon as its driver is torn messily from the cockpit, and Roland goes down along with it. He tries to land the descending plank of metal and ceramic, but he's thrown clear of the wreck- thankfully. He hasn't lost his footing but he's spun about and disoriented. It's questionable if he even heard his superior.
[21:49] <Savant> The surviving tanks don't take this very kindly - the turrets swivel in unison and score streaks along the ground, forcing Roland to get moving again
[21:50] <Ardelmos> ::somewhat groggily dances out of the way of the shots as he gets his bearings and the engine throttle under control::
[21:51] <Savant> The streaks roll along the ground as they advance, swiveling to attack both Mem and Craig
[21:52] <Mem> ::sees the turrets turn towards him and dodges just a bit, his high speeds keeping him safe for now::
[21:53] <Craig> ::dodges a couple shots from 2 of the tanks as they attempt to pass::
[21:54] <Craig> +com+ shall i pursue these two tanks sir?
[21:54] <Savant> The frames follow up along behind their heavier escort - or what's left of it, anyways
[21:54] <Gabriel> +com+ We'll keep slowing 'em down from up here. Prepare to come about and deal with the assault to the east.
[21:55] <Craig> ::nods:: +com+ aye sir
[21:57] <Gabriel> +com+ Senior Sergeant, break right, now!
[21:59] <Ardelmos> ::continues to dance, taking a round that splashes across his midsection and rattles the cage around::
[22:00] <Savant> The frames swarm around Roland as they do their best to take revenge for the hovertank Roland has taken down::
[22:08] <Joanna> ::watches Roland suck up damage for punishment in doing something extremely stupid::
[22:08] <Ardelmos> ::manages to avoid the worst of it, getting tapped once or twice but otherwise emerging unscathed -- he draws his vibrorapier::
[22:11] <Craig> ::moves up behind the 2 remaining tanks and ripples off a few rockets::
[22:14] <Savant> Craig and Melissa turn to face down the maneuvering tanks, and their shots do indeed hit home, but they do little more than ring the armor::
[22:15] <Gabriel> Thierry> ::follows behind Craig, lighting up the tanks with his MAC::
[22:17] <Savant> Thierry's rounds have a similar effect to Craig's - they impact, sure, but don't go anywhere.
[22:17] <Joanna> ::motors up, passing Thierry but not quite getting flank on the tanks::
[22:18] <Savant> Joanna's rockets ripple across the pair of tanks, but so far, they're impervious.
[22:18] <Gabriel> Birkin> +com+ Fire in the hole. ::pickles off a string of rockets::
[22:22] <Gabriel> +com+ Sergeant, hit 'em again!
[22:22] <Gabriel> Birkin> ::then sends a couple more as punctuation::
[22:22] <Savant> The rockets come raining down upon the shaken CEF group from Birkin's quickly-depleting rocketpack. Amazingly, the beleaguered tanks seem to be taking it in stride, though one takes a solid strike in the turret's glacis and bottoms out on the ground. One of the battleframes around Roland manages to get away fromt he blasts, but another isn't so lucky.
[22:24] <Savant> The last few rockets beleaguer the lead hovertank, which takes the very last shell squarely in the rear thrusters.
[22:28] <Savant> -=-------- Pause --------=-
[22:29] <Savant> man oh man. Good thing this is almost done. I'm going to ask you some questions about what you're planning on doing next - not right now mind you - and from that we will see if we have to use the maptool next week or not.
[22:30] <Ardelmos> Hunter needs to do better on her artillery rolls. Wink
[22:30] <Joanna> The answer is no, Joanna will not streak on the battlefield to distract the enemy Wink
[22:30] <Craig> hehe
[22:30] <Savant> she figures you guys have this flank handled ^_-
[22:30] <Gabriel> It's pretty clear. We've got about two more rounds of action. Next round, take out these four frames and hopefully one more tank, then set up for the big group's arrival. Second round, ambush the big group.
[22:30] <Ardelmos> What good are the Command Cars, by the way?
[22:30] <Ardelmos> I mean....did killing that one do anything?
[22:31] <Joanna> They give us something to shoot other than more valuable targets Wink
[22:31] <Savant> at the moment? not much. They can't really compete with a landship
[22:31] <Savant> but they're trying ^_-
[22:31] <Ardelmos> Waste of a bazooka round. Wink
[22:31] <Gabriel> They're also rolling Leadership against Gabriel.
[22:31] <Gabriel> I got a 10 and 6 ICPs, so the GREL that rolled against me got a 4. Wink
[22:31] <Craig> we're basically hoping to take them out before it either gets exploding dice, or Marathon fumbles
[22:32] <Gabriel> So they're worth killing for that reason, unless you don't like +2s to your desperate dodges. Wink
[22:32] <Savant> anyways. I'm going to forego the usual interrogation at the end and dole out five experience points. Not a very long game and sort of scattered due to interrupted attendance. Still, made some progress.
[22:32] <Ardelmos> Meh
[22:32] <Ardelmos> Christmas present. Wink
[22:32] <Joanna> :Very Happy:
[22:32] <Mem> I'm getting Mem an LGL so he can blow things up.
[22:32] <Joanna> Joanna needs linked MRPs Wink
[22:33] <Savant> you get your christmas present after the fight. I'll be letting you guys spend a little down time doing some training and prepping for the new mission,a nd you'll get some fun toys ^_-
[22:33] <Savant> questions?
[22:33] <Mem> sweet.
[22:33] <Gabriel> Nope, much fun. Smile
[22:33] <Savant> groovy
[22:33] <Joanna> ::raises:: Permission to pass out in sleep?
[22:33] <Joanna> Smile
[22:33] <Savant> granted
[22:33] <Joanna> Many tankees!
[22:33] <Savant> -=-------- To Be Continued --------=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> Transcripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group