Black Talons 05 Forum Index Black Talons 05
Discussion forum and records repository for the Black Talons 05 RPG!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talon Tools Feature Requests / Bug Reporting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> General Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Talon Tools Feature Requests / Bug Reporting Reply with quote

Please feel free to post any new tools you'd like to see, features you'd like to see added to existing tools, or bugs with any tools currently in use for BT that I maintain (read: web stuff, mainly). These tools are currently:

Arrow The Forums
Arrow The Wiki
Arrow The Character Database

These tools are in-development
Arrow XP Tracking (GM tool, players can view)
Farrell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Priority Fix: Subskills. Right now, subskill descriptions are limited to 3 characters in length. This means that TechSci/Communications and TechSci/Computers appear identical, and you have to hover over them to ID just which one is which. For subskills, I'd really recommend just having a line for the master skill, with no points on it, then list subskills on the next lines, indented.

Example:
Code:

Piloting
     Mecha     skill, cpx, points...
     Space     skill, cpx, points...
     Ground    skill, cpx, points... 
Riding
etc.
etc.

Arrow If you're going to set up an equipment database, I highly encourage setting it up to allow the character to have multiple available combat loadouts. Each character would then need to be allowed to select a "Default" loadout and a "Current" loadout. (See http://talons.mcc3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14 for an example.)

Arrow The equipment section is going to need to allow users to create their own equipment -- while Colin needs that ability, obviously, it would be a lot easier if we can input our own stuff rather than have to put more work on Colin's head just to add that nice tiny wire umbrella your character bought in the Trench to hold up pitifully while the TAAF rains bombs on you.

Arrow Navigation: It'd be nice if you could keep these links persistent on all editing pages at the top: Personal Information | Attributes | Points | Skills | Perks / Flaws | Equipment. There's times I go in to edit something and realize I'm either A) in the wrong spot or B) need to change something else first.

Arrow Provide for a "point-less" character sheet view. (No IP, EP, BP, SP, etc.) Would help simplify viewing the sheet casually and not immediately freak out new players. Wink

Arrow Switch to transparent GIFs or employ IE workarounds for PNG transparency.

Arrow On Welcome screen after logging in, only display ACTIVE characters in the "Name/Role/Status" section at the top. Multiple characters stack up ugly here, and you can wind up clicking the edit button for the wrong character easily enough.

Arrow Move bug fix list to separate page.

Arrow Gear subskills need to be renamed Mecha. (check w/Colin.)

Let me know if you'd like some design help.
Jester

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Include the ability to increase attributes and secondary stats independent of the calculations, probably for admins only. This is needed because there are perks and technology that can do this. Thick-skinned (a perk), for instance, increases STA by +5. A cybernetic arm increases FIT, AD, and UD by +1 each.

Secondary attributes should be increased/decreased after all other calcs are complete. Primary attributes should be increased/decreased before other calcs are complete.
McC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farrell wrote:
Arrow Priority Fix: Subskills.

Good idea. Will do.

Quote:
Arrow If you're going to...

Arrow The equipment section is going to need...

Yep, the equipment database will provide for both of these points.

Quote:
Arrow Navigation: It'd be nice if you could keep these links persistent...

Good idea. Will do.

Quote:
Arrow Provide for a "point-less" character sheet view.

Good idea. I may make this the "default" view, with the IP/EP stuff only showing up when you go to edit.

Quote:
Arrow Switch to transparent GIFs or employ IE workarounds for PNG transparency.

I'll look into how to make transparency work in IE (if it's possible), but I am not going to bend to IE's lack of standards support. Sorry.

Quote:
Arrow On Welcome screen after logging in, only display ACTIVE characters in the "Name/Role/Status" section at the top. Multiple characters stack up ugly here, and you can wind up clicking the edit button for the wrong character easily enough.

Really? I thought that inactive characters were shunted to the bottom now. If they're not, I'll certainly do this. May even break them into subsections.

Quote:
Arrow Move bug fix list to separate page.

Will do. Will also have a "bug submission"/"feature request" submission form.

Quote:
Arrow Gear subskills need to be renamed Mecha. (check w/Colin.)

Easy enough to do.

Jester wrote:
Arrow Include the ability to increase attributes and secondary stats independent of the calculations

Good idea. Will do.
Farrell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McC wrote:
Really? I thought that inactive characters were shunted to the bottom now. If they're not, I'll certainly do this. May even break them into subsections.

Wrong spot. On the top of the page when you log in, it shows your characters. I get:

Code:
Your Characters Name Role Status        Joanna Farrell KIA Inactive
(link to Joanna's Edit) (Link to Detro's Edit)  Detro Takira Rifleman, Recon Active

Better would be a table-style format, with the active character at the top:
Code:
Your Characters:
Name      Status   Edit   Role
Detro Takira   Active   (/)   Rifleman, Recon
Joanna Farrell   Inactive   (/)   KIA

(/) = The b/w Talon emblem that currently serves as the edit link. Keep the role to the far right to allow for longer text if desired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Talons 05 Forum Index -> General Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: